PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Patrickstar
10-11-13, 18:18
I have read it and I sympathise with those mourning for the loss of their loved ones. ...

To the dead ....RIP

10,000 dead in Philippines yet this forum is debating something meaningless!! Singaporeans are so free and lucky

Simi
10-11-13, 20:35
10,000 dead in Philippines yet this forum is debating something meaningless!! Singaporeans are so free and lucky

To the dead , may your soul RIP
To the hurt, injured, living and the mourning, may you recover soon for a better tomorrow awaits you and that we share with your sorrow, pain and loss

Wunderkind
10-11-13, 22:11
There is a Chinese saying that says " being born blessed , yet not knowing one's blessings "

Compared to some other countries, Singapore's pollution issue is really not at all dangerous. The only time when pollution in Singapore becomes a health hazard was during the recent haze period. For the issue, not only the entire island of Singapore was impacted, our northern neighbour was also affected.

Yet, other than the haze problem, we make a mountain out a molehill on the so called industrial pollution on the east or west of Singapore as though people will die young by living in these places.

I have been to worst polluted countries. I can say we live in a fortunate country where we have good government and good system in place to control pollution.

Ringo33
11-11-13, 06:21
Project Update

MND delays move of headquarters to Jem

But AVA and BCA will relocate to Jurong East next year as planned

The Ministry of National Development (MND) is holding off its move to Jurong East for now, but its statutory boards, the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) and the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), will proceed as planned to relocate next year to the office tower of the Jem project.

The 11 levels of office space, with net lettable area (NLA) of around 310,000 sq ft, is expected to receive Temporary Occupation Permit by year's end.

All three entities are currently housed in the MND Building in Maxwell Road.

"As there are no immediate plans to re-develop the existing MND Complex at Maxwell, MND's plans to re-locate to Jem will be organised in phases. In the first phase, AVA and BCA will relocate to Jem in 2014," said an MND spokesman.

"MND HQ would move in due course, taking into account the market conditions and the pace of developments to relocate other ministries to Jurong Lake District. This will create eventually a strategic cluster of associated ministries at Jurong Lake District."

In 2010, the government said that, besides MND, AVA and BCA, there were also plans for the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources to move to Jurong East.

The following year, MND revealed that it had inked a 30-year lease for the office tower of Lend Lease's mixed development next to the Jurong East MRT Station, where it, along with BCA and AVA, would move to.

Now, the ministry is seeking to appoint a panel of leasing agents to sublet around 70,000 sq ft comprising three of the 11 levels of office space in Jem, BT understands. The asking monthly rent is said to be around $6.50 per square foot (psf).

MND's spokesman said: "The Jurong Lake District is one of the key regional growth areas identified by the Singapore government. To help catalyse the development of this new growth region, MND signed a 30-year lease at Jem with the developer, Lend Lease, in 2011. MND also worked to help Lend Lease to design an award-winning green office building.

"Flexibility was provided for in the lease arrangement so that MND can better manage the stages and timing of its use of the office spaces. This included sub-leasing to other interested tenants."

Following AVA and BCA's move to Jurong, the vacated space at Maxwell Road will be made available to interested tenants for their short-term lease.

Jem's retail component opened in June this year. The buzz quotient around Jurong East MRT Station is set to increase next month, when CapitaLand group opens the mall at its Westgate project. Located next to Jem, Westgate also has an office tower, which is slated for completion late next year.

Talk in the market is that leasing efforts for the 20-storey Westgate Tower, comprising 320,000 sq ft net lettable area of offices, have been put on hold.
CapitaLand is said to have initially planned to find a bulk buyer for an enbloc sale of a huge chunk, if not all, of the office space at a target price of around $2,200 psf. However, it is now open to selling strata units, probably on a whole-floor basis, suggest sources. "A price of $2,200 psf is more likely to be achieved on a strata basis rather than for en-bloc basis," said a seasoned investment sales agent.

In the past six months, office units at Paya Lebar Square were sold at prices ranging from $1,732 psf (for a 484-sq ft space on the eighth floor) to $2,427 psf (for a 506 sq ft unit on the 13th floor), based on caveats data. "Paya Lebar is closer to the city, compared with Jurong East. But Jurong East is much more advanced in terms of shaping up as a regional centre than Paya Lebar," said the agent.

Last month, 10,097 sq ft on the 41st level of Suntec Tower Three was transacted at $3,000 psf. The building is on a site with balance lease term of about 75 years.

"Those who buy office units in the Jurong East location may be in businesses that don't require them to travel in and out of the city. For instance, an office in Jurong East may be complementary to their industrial activity in the western part of Singapore," said the agent.

From an investment angle, buying a strata office in Jurong East may also appeal to those who want to invest in the Jurong regional centre story without being affected by the cooling measures that have been slapped on the residential and industrial property sectors, say market watchers.

Another source of office supply in the Jurong East locale will emanate from Sim Lian's project on Venture Avenue. In September, Sim Lian bagged the Urban Redevelopment Authority's provisional permission to develop about 625,500 sq ft gross floor area of offices and 69,500 sq ft of retail space on its site. Word on the street is that Sim Lian is looking to strata-title the office component for sale, with a launch expected in the first half next year.

hopeful
11-11-13, 07:57

huh? 10,000 dead in philippines is meaningless in this forum.
maybe we should welcome more filipinos brothers and sister into our shores.

the real lesson here is what happens after a disaster strikes.
if you have read reports, there are already lootings in the affected areas.
compare and contrast the after effects of a disaster in Japan vs Philippines, Haiti.
Singapore is more alike to Japan or to Philippines?

societies are only 3 days meal away from mass lootings and riotings. what will happen on the 4th day?

hopeful
11-11-13, 08:08
Project Update

good, it looks like MND is checking the building for bugs, lendlease being australian company and australia being part of “five eyes” or auscannzukus.

thomastansb
11-11-13, 09:11
I think we are far worse than Philippines. We can fight, take videos and argue over a lame hello kitty toy. If we have a disaster, I think we will be dead. Not by the disaster but we fight to death. We can't even line up for buses, you think we can line up for food properly?

huh? 10,000 dead in philippines is meaningless in this forum.
maybe we should welcome more filipinos brothers and sister into our shores.

the real lesson here is what happens after a disaster strikes.
if you have read reports, there are already lootings in the affected areas.
compare and contrast the after effects of a disaster in Japan vs Philippines, Haiti.
Singapore is more alike to Japan or to Philippines?

societies are only 3 days meal away from mass lootings and riotings. what will happen on the 4th day?

onglai
11-11-13, 09:52
I think we are far worse than Philippines. We can fight, take videos and argue over a lame hello kitty toy. If we have a disaster, I think we will be dead. Not by the disaster but we fight to death. We can't even line up for buses, you think we can line up for food properly?

nonono. u are wrong... we only dare to fight behind keyboard... real fight singaporean bo lp one...

august
11-11-13, 09:52

during the Fukushima nuclear disaster, the Japanese demonstrated to the world how resilient and considerate they can be. However Japan is a very much homogenous society with a very strong Japanese 'core'. This is what any nation building should aspire towards. Spore on the other hand has gone the opposite direction and lost its core due to misguided immigration policies.

sunrise
11-11-13, 11:21
nonono. u are wrong... we only dare to fight behind keyboard... real fight singaporean bo lp one...

fight behind keyboard shows no guts but... full of glory.
the reason everybody practise it.

mermaid
11-11-13, 11:26

yalor, we r only keyboard warriors nia.
dun even dare to come out meet & trash all the diff :(

thomastansb
11-11-13, 11:43
So if we have more foreigners, we can cut queues, scold the mcdonald staff and be ungracious? Sound pretty dumb to me. When I was in Japan, I don't see Japanese cutting my queue just because I am not a Japanese.

Anyway, this Singaporean graciousness is a known thing since the 80s. It is just finding excuses for our behavior. But if you think we should be ungracious because we have a lot of foreigners, than good for you and your children. I think differently. It is the Japanese culture and education rather than low number of foreigners that they behave like this.

during the Fukushima nuclear disaster, the Japanese demonstrated to the world how resilient and considerate they can be. However Japan is a very much homogenous society with a very strong Japanese 'core'. This is what any nation building should aspire towards. Spore on the other hand has gone the opposite direction and lost its core due to misguided immigration policies.

teddybear
11-11-13, 12:02
I never ask you to accept some foreign authority reports on health concerns of living within 7km of refineries, but rather, to ask you, Ringo and the others not to slander the reputation and question integrity of the Europe Environment Agency and US Environment Protection Agency by saying that their reports are rubbish and telling us that we must listen to Singapore local authority reports.

That is why I ask you what local authority reports you want us to believe that can over-rule Europe EA and US EPA reports? Apparently until now, you are not able to tell us that such reports existed, and yet you demand that we believe such a "virtual report" which says that there is no healthy concerns regardless of whether you live 1km or 7km from the refineries. Am I right to say that this is actually just Ringo and your group's personal opinions and not local authority's official statement?

We all also know that Europe EA has very much better environment protection records than Singapore, and have very much higher environment protection standards and introducing at very early date, that is why Singapore is following them to introduce Euro 5 & 6 emission standards etc in coming years. Europe already mandated that vehicles need to follow Euro 5 emission standard in 2008/2009 but Singapore is just going to adopt Euro 5 emission standard in 2014! :doh:

Despite of the above, Ringo and your group are now telling us that we rubbish Europe EA reports? Then why Singapore follow Europe emission standards? Might as well tell Singapore don't follow Europe standard and demand that they follow Singapore standard go backward in time? :tongue3:

Indeed Teddy Sir

"we" have never asked you to accept and all the while been pointing the links to you.

I think it is the other way round where you and all the others had been asking us to accept based on some foreign authority and photos of Jurong Island and some even based on their sense like smell and skin sensitivities and even to the extend of drawing "ang kong" with all the perception of wind directions.

If you have no confidence in the local authority on environment then it is not my fault and you should not be imposing your view on me by posting another country standard

Two solution for you

1) Write to NEA and question them in regards with your doubts
2) Invite your expert from US and Europe to come here and do a write up on the West
to prove your point

eng81157
11-11-13, 12:12
So if we have more foreigners, we can cut queues, scold the mcdonald staff and be ungracious? Sound pretty dumb to me. When I was in Japan, I don't see Japanese cutting my queue just because I am not a Japanese.

Anyway, this Singaporean graciousness is a known thing since the 80s. It is just finding excuses for our behavior. But if you think we should be ungracious because we have a lot of foreigners, than good for you and your children. I think differently. It is the Japanese culture and education rather than low number of foreigners that they behave like this.

i believe it boils down to education, culture and societal norms. e.g. look at how no one came to help the poor woman that was being spat on by an able-bodied man. No SMRT staff, no man (serve NS for what?) bothered to shield the woman or restrain the guy.

while subpar immigration policies contribute to societal tensions, i don't think that entirely explains why singaporeans fail to exhibit public grace, most of the time.

hopeful
11-11-13, 12:45
i believe it boils down to education, culture and societal norms. e.g. look at how no one came to help the poor woman that was being spat on by an able-bodied man. No SMRT staff, no man (serve NS for what?) bothered to shield the woman or restrain the guy.

any upside for helping the woman?
downsides are quite a few, maybe the man attacked you how?

and bystander effect very strong.

august
11-11-13, 12:55

is not just the number of foreigners, is the quality, lol.

mermaid
11-11-13, 12:58

u too calculative & kiasi liao :tsk-tsk:
When ppl help, it is becos they r righteous or sympathetic, & not becos they expect something in return.

eng81157
11-11-13, 13:07

all you need is to restrain him, not fight him. e.g. can bring him to office or a security room. or else, bring the woman aside and shield her from him.

if i was there, i would do that simply because it is the right thing to do.

Patrickstar
11-11-13, 13:13
Are you spreading that being non civic minded should be everyone's virtue :doh:

august
11-11-13, 13:14
u too calculative & kiasi liao :tsk-tsk:
When ppl help, it is becos they r righteous or sympathetic, & not becos they expect something in return.

because the system does not protect u.

http://publichouse.sg/categories/topstory/item/471-losing-faith-because-of-polices-incompetence

"We have lost faith in the system.

That's how Mr Laurence Wong and Mr Paul Liew described their feelings about the way the police have handled the assault case which they were involved in.

The two men, together with Mr Wong's then-fiance, were at Suntec City one evening in April 2010 when they came to the aid of a cab driver, Mr Tan Boon Kin, 57, who was being harassed and assaulted by 3 Caucasian men - New Zealander Robert Stephen Dahlberg, 34; Australian Nathan Robert Miller, 35; Briton Robert James Springall.

When the two men tried to stop the assailants from attacking Mr Tan, they were set upon by the Caucasians too. In the event, Mr Liew sustained a fractured nasal bone, a deep gash on the forehead and nose bleed. He had been slammed against the sharp edge of a pillar, had slumped to the floor and was repeatedly kicked on the head and face by the group of expats."

eng81157
11-11-13, 13:21

http://publichouse.sg/categories/topstory/item/471-losing-faith-because-of-polices-incompetence

"We have lost faith in the system.

That's how Mr Laurence Wong and Mr Paul Liew described their feelings about the way the police have handled the assault case which they were involved in.

The two men, together with Mr Wong's then-fiance, were at Suntec City one evening in April 2010 when they came to the aid of a cab driver, Mr Tan Boon Kin, 57, who was being harassed and assaulted by 3 Caucasian men - New Zealander Robert Stephen Dahlberg, 34; Australian Nathan Robert Miller, 35; Briton Robert James Springall.

When the two men tried to stop the assailants from attacking Mr Tan, they were set upon by the Caucasians too. In the event, Mr Liew sustained a fractured nasal bone, a deep gash on the forehead and nose bleed. He had been slammed against the sharp edge of a pillar, had slumped to the floor and was repeatedly kicked on the head and face by the group of expats."

that's a separate issue. being civic minded or exhibiting social grace is not dependent on how the quality of our police or judicial system.

on the judicial system, several foreigners (ang mos and a japanese) who molested women were allowed to settle their cases out of court - i.e. no trial despite police reports were made. why? they made "restitutions" to the victims.

firstly, is "outrage of modesty" considered a civil or criminal case? if the latter, why are the perpetuators allowed to settle the cases out of court? secondly, does this mean that rich perpetuators have a greater chance of being let of the hook since they can afford to pay their victims, as compared to those who aren't able to? thirdly, if the first and second point holds, what does this then spell for future offenders?

mermaid
11-11-13, 13:22

yr eg is a bit missing my point liao.

when I say help, I dun mean to do it at the expense of endangering one's safety or life. eg, if I cant swim I wun jump into the water to save a drowning person.
I mean help which is within a person ability to do it EASILY.
sometimes a little bit of mafan could safe a person's life.

reminded me of a road accident tat happened in china a few yrs back. a toddler gal was on knocked down by a lorry. she was seriously injured & there were several passer-bys who walked past her but no one bother to send her to the hospital.
in the end she died.
juz imagine u r the parent of the toddler. would u hope someone will not mind the little mafan & send yr daughter to the hospital? or at least call the ambulance?

august
11-11-13, 13:30
that's a separate issue. being civic minded or exhibiting social grace is not dependent on how the quality of our police or judicial system.

on the judicial system, several foreigners (ang mos and a japanese) who molested women were allowed to settle their cases out of court - i.e. no trial despite police reports were made. why? they made "restitutions" to the victims.

firstly, is "outrage of modesty" considered a civil or criminal case? if the latter, why are the perpetuators allowed to settle the cases out of court? secondly, does this mean that rich perpetuators have a greater chance of being let of the hook since they can afford to pay their victims, as compared to those who aren't able to? thirdly, if the first and second point holds, what does this then spell for future offenders?

no, u have taken it out of context. The context here is hopeful's point of being bashed up by that spitting man if u intervene.

likewise u see civic minded sporean men coming to the aid of his fellow sporean and yet get bashed up by three foreign trash.

quite plainly the risk is there, especially when the system fails to protect u.

eng81157
11-11-13, 13:36
no, u have taken it out of context. The context here is hopeful's point of being bashed up by that spitting man if u intervene.

likewise u see civic minded sporean men coming to the aid of his fellow sporean and yet get bashed up by three foreign trash.

quite plainly the risk is there, especially when the system fails to protect u.

that's why i said it's a separate issue and i reiterate that civic-mindedness is not dependent on whether the system rewards or penalize you for stepping forward.

e.g. failing to queue at bus stops/give way to alighting passengers or phantom chope-ing tables with tissues

august
11-11-13, 13:44
that's why i said it's a separate issue and i reiterate that civic-mindedness is not dependent on whether the system rewards or penalize you for stepping forward.

e.g. failing to queue at bus stops/give way to alighting passengers or phantom chope-ing tables with tissues

u should address mermaid's point and specific example of the woodlands spitting man, and how she links it to being "too calculative and kiasi" if u dont help the victim.
even the smrt security did not actively or physically stop the spitting man from repeatedly spitting at the victim, and u expect bystanders to shoulder the risk of being bashed up?

hopeful
11-11-13, 13:46
all you need is to restrain him, not fight him. e.g. can bring him to office or a security room. or else, bring the woman aside and shield her from him.

if i was there, i would do that simply because it is the right thing to do.

easier said than done.
how to restrain the guy? what happens if the guy resist back? it then becomes an escalation.
if shield the woman, then the man's wrath transfer to you how?

spitting at people falls under what criminal code?
then if a person claims that he is assaulted, no "good samaritan law" le.

eng81157
11-11-13, 13:50
u should address mermaid's point and specific example of the woodlands spitting man, and how she links it to being "too calculative and kiasi" if u dont help the victim.
even the smrt security did not actively or physically stop the spitting man from repeatedly spitting at the victim, and u expect bystanders to shoulder the risk of being bashed up?

sigh, i already explained in my earlier post. either restrain the perpetuator or shield the victim.

if scared kenna hantam, don't tell me the officers can bring the victim to a safe location to shield her from harm meh???

by the way, i quoted the example

eng81157
11-11-13, 13:53
easier said than done.
how to restrain the guy? what happens if the guy resist back? it then becomes an escalation.
if shield the woman, then the man's wrath transfer to you how?

spitting at people falls under what criminal code?
then if a person claims that he is assaulted, no "good samaritan law" le.

well, the perpetuator laid his hands on the woman too, according to news reports and that is considered assault. the actions are considered public mischief

if confrontation does not help, you can easily escort the woman to the office or a safe location eh?

hopeful
11-11-13, 14:04
well, the perpetuator laid his hands on the woman too, according to news reports and that is considered assault. the actions are considered public mischief

if confrontation does not help, you can easily escort the woman to the office or a safe location eh?

i just saw the youtube video, it looks like the man shove his phone to take pictures of her face, she pushed his hand away, looks like physical contact is initiated by the woman.

the 2 women did the right thing actually, ignore and walk away, didnt respond to aggression. nobody got hurt.

eng81157
11-11-13, 14:07
i just saw the youtube video, it looks like the man shove his phone to take pictures of her face, she pushed his hand away, looks like physical contact is initiated by the woman.

the 2 women did the right thing actually, ignore and walk away, didnt respond to aggression. nobody got hurt.

the reports claim that he laid hands on the one of the women, who cried molest. i assume all action isn't captured in the clip.

yup, i agree the women did the right thing but the officers did the wrong thing by NOT doing anything.

if my spider-senses tell me right, it's typical public servant mindset - "eh this scenario not written in protocol, so i can't improvise or make smart decisions"

thomastansb
11-11-13, 15:11
Certain offences such as molest, the offender can offer cash in exchange for the victim to drop the case. The victim can also minimize the embarrassment in court. But if the victim is not agreeable, the case will go to court. So for those cases that are allowed to be settled out of court, the victims actually agree to it.

But the Police has done a lousy job on the assault case. Disgusting.

Simi
11-11-13, 15:53
I never ask you to accept some foreign authority reports on health concerns of living within 7km of refineries, but rather, to ask you, Ringo and the others not to slander the reputation and question integrity of the Europe Environment Agency and US Environment Protection Agency by saying that their reports are rubbish and telling us that we must listen to Singapore local authority reports.

That is why I ask you what local authority reports you want us to believe that can over-rule Europe EA and US EPA reports? Apparently until now, you are not able to tell us that such reports existed, and yet you demand that we believe such a "virtual report" which says that there is no healthy concerns regardless of whether you live 1km or 7km from the refineries. Am I right to say that this is actually just Ringo and your group's personal opinions and not local authority's official statement?

We all also know that Europe EA has very much better environment protection records than Singapore, and have very much higher environment protection standards and introducing at very early date, that is why Singapore is following them to introduce Euro 5 & 6 emission standards etc in coming years. Europe already mandated that vehicles need to follow Euro 5 emission standard in 2008/2009 but Singapore is just going to adopt Euro 5 emission standard in 2014! :doh:

Despite of the above, Ringo and your group are now telling us that we rubbish Europe EA reports? Then why Singapore follow Europe emission standards? Might as well tell Singapore don't follow Europe standard and demand that they follow Singapore standard go backward in time? :tongue3:]

Hi Teddy

Interesting post :ashamed1:
Do you like to post the link here again the European EA and USA EA again,
Please.

Then state the parameter set to come out with those report
Some example
Number of flaring per day/week/month and number of chimneys
Geographical including size of sample, attitude, humility, inland or near sea and so on
The standard Internal audit of those companies operating in those zone

Hope we are comparing apple to apple

On Euro 5 and Europe talking about Euro 6 now
To understand we must find out why Euro 5 was introduced under what circumstances. Which year is not relevant
For Singapore maybe not at all and can even delay the introduction of Euro5
to 2020 !

Example
Emission level to which degree, Orchard Road emission level reading
West Coast road area emission reading that our Government deem it
critical to introduce Euro 5 standard

Cheers !!! :cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

Ringo33
11-11-13, 16:04
http://www.todayonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image_lightbox/public/16925633.JPG

SINGAPORE — Looking for a new place to dump your children while you get a much needed dose of retail therapy?

Come Christmas, an 11,000-square foot outdoor playground will open its doors to young shoppers (and their parents) at Westgate, an integrated retail and office development in the heart of Jurong Lake District.

Westgate Wonderland claims to be Singapore’s largest thematic outdoor playground in a mall, and will be open to the public for free. The playground will have dry and wet areas, play zones catering to children of different ages, and will feature a larger-than-life garden with gigantic insects, musical flowers, a 10-metre tall tree house and an enormous watering can. You know, cos plants need water, right?

“We envisioned Westgate as a mall that goes ‘beyond shopping’ — a gathering place for the community and a place where families come to enjoy themselves and spend the day,” said Ms Wee Su Lin, General Manager of Westgate. “We thus anchor the mall’s family and lifestyle mall positioning with a dedicated family zone on Level 4, where the centerpiece will be Westgate Wonderland. Apart from its large area and customised play exhibits that weave a storyline, the playground stands out with its unique night-time play experience accentuated by special lighting and sound effects.”

In addition to Westgate Wonderland, the mall will also have a Kids Club, a supervised play area for children aged four to 12, with programmed activities including obstacle races and treasure hunts.

Jjointly developed by CapitaMalls Asia, CapitaMall Trust and CapitaLand, Westgate is slated to open before this Christmas

teddybear
11-11-13, 21:38
Please go search my posts, I am not so free to feed you information that I had already posted.
Again, please read the articles, because I am not going to spoon feed you like what Ringo requested. Strange, why you 2 behave so the same - wanting people to spoon-feed you all the information? :doh:

Europe already mandated all vehicles must follow Euro 5 in 2008/2009.
Singapore only going to follow in 2014! That is just too slow!
Instead, now you are telling us you know the reason why Euro 5 was not introduced in Singapore earlier and is not relevant which year it is going to be introduced in Singapore? :o
And do you know that Europe is already going to Euro 6 in 2014? :ashamed1:

]

Hi Teddy

Interesting post :ashamed1:
Do you like to post the link here again the European EA and USA EA again,
Please.

Then state the parameter set to come out with those report
Some example
Number of flaring per day/week/month and number of chimneys
Geographical including size of sample, attitude, humility, inland or near sea and so on
The standard Internal audit of those companies operating in those zone

Hope we are comparing apple to apple

On Euro 5 and Europe talking about Euro 6 now
To understand we must find out why Euro 5 was introduced under what circumstances. Which year is not relevant
For Singapore maybe not at all and can even delay the introduction of Euro5
to 2020 !

Example
Emission level to which degree, Orchard Road emission level reading
West Coast road area emission reading that our Government deem it
critical to introduce Euro 5 standard

Cheers !!! :cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

Sam88
11-11-13, 22:31
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/docs/default-source/corporate/cos-2013/factsheet-on-singapore-air-quality.pdf?sfvrsn=2

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/owners-of-diesel-vehicles/849588.html

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/nea-expand-tracking-pm25-air-pollutant-20131106

http://www.nea.gov.sg/psi/

Click psi
Then click pollutant concentrations

Simi
11-11-13, 22:37
Please go search my posts, I am not so free to feed you information that I had already posted.
Again, please read the articles, because I am not going to spoon feed you like what Ringo requested. Strange, why you 2 behave so the same - wanting people to spoon-feed you all the information? :doh:

Instead, now you are telling us you know the reason why Euro 5 was not introduced in Singapore earlier and is not relevant which year it is going to be introduced in Singapore? :o

It is alright if you are not going to post the link here.

The onus is on you to prove your Europe EA and USA EA are correct

Based on the Geographical, Climatic and Industrial setting of Singapore

Teddy
Introducing Euro5 standard vehicle onto Singapore road whether early or not does not prove that car on our road are emitting so much air pollution that we must introduce it early or else ..blah blah blah :doh: (Singapore air quality on the whole is consider good)
Moreover, LTA is doing a good job by getting car, compulsory to be Inspected regularly.

Simi
11-11-13, 22:47

Dear Teddy
Believe Ringo33 shared the same sentiment as I have

We do not need to read too much into the Europe EA and USA EA
because the parameter setting are different
Based on Geographical, Climatic and Industrial

We have our own NEA
Having said that, we are also not disputing that they are wrong

As posted before you can always write to NEA if you find their report ambiguous

Sam88
11-11-13, 22:56
the Euro 5*standard came into force on 1*September*2009 for the approval of vehicles, and shall apply from 1*January*2011 for the registration and sale of new types of cars;
the Euro 6*standard will come into force on 1*September*2014 for the approval of vehicles, and from 1*January*2015 for the registration and sale of new types of cars;

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/environment/air_pollution/l28186_en.htm

Simi
11-11-13, 23:47
The European Union has its own set of emissions standards that all new vehicles must meet. Currently, standards are set for all road vehicles, trains, barges and 'nonroad mobile machinery' (such as tractors). No standards apply to seagoing ships or airplanes.
Currently there are no standards for CO2 emissions. The European[/URL]Parliament has suggested introducing mandatory CO2 emission standards to replace current voluntary commitments by the auto manufacturers and labeling. In late 2005, the European (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament)Commission started working on a proposal for a new law to limit CO2 emissions from cars. The European Commission has received support of the European Parliament for its proposal to promote a broad market introduction of clean and energy efficient vehicles through public procurement.
The EU is to introduce Euro 4 effective January 1, 2008, Euro 5 effective January 1, 2010 and Euro 6 effective January 1, 2014. [U]These dates have been postponed for two years to give oil refineries the opportunity to modernize their plants.

teddybear
11-11-13, 23:52
Why should I be proving that Europe EA and USA EA are correct when they are already stating facts and I definitely have a lot of confidence in their reports that they are correct because they have much a very long history of clear and better environmental protection records than most other countries, including Singapore!

Instead, if you question Europe EA and USA EA reports, then the onus is on you to prove that their reports do not apply to Singapore! Is Singapore so special, the air in Singapore so special, that causes Europe EA and USA EA reports to be not applicable to Singapore? :tsk-tsk:

Since you like to quote NEA so much, a very easy way for you is to demand NEA to issue a clear statement that Europe EA and USA EA report cannot apply to Singapore! Easy as a piece of cake isn't it? Please go do that, then I will believe what Ringo and you and your group are trying to shaft down our throat that Europe EA and USA EA reports cannot apply to Singapore and that living within 1km and more than 7km from refineries and chemical manufacturing plants etc have no difference on a person's health! :rolleyes:

Teddy
Introducing Euro5 standard vehicle onto Singapore road whether early or not does not prove that car on our road are emitting so much air pollution that we must introduce it early or else ..blah blah blah :doh: (Singapore air quality on the whole is consider good)
Moreover, LTA is doing a good job by getting car, compulsory to be Inspected regularly.

Simi
12-11-13, 00:06
Why should I be proving that Europe EA and USA EA are correct when they are already stating facts and I definitely have a lot of confidence in their reports that they are correct because they have much a very long history of clear and better environmental protection records than most other countries, including Singapore!

Instead, if you question Europe EA and USA EA reports, then the onus is on you to prove that their reports do not apply to Singapore! Is Singapore so special, the air in Singapore so special, that causes Europe EA and USA EA reports to be not applicable to Singapore? :tsk-tsk:

Since you like to quote NEA so much, a very easy way for you is to demand NEA to issue a clear statement that Europe EA and USA EA report cannot apply to Singapore! Easy as a piece of cake isn't it? Please go do that, then I will believe what Ringo and you and your group are trying to shaft down our throat that Europe EA and USA EA reports cannot apply to Singapore and that living within 1km and more than 7km from refineries and chemical manufacturing plants etc have no difference on a person's health! :rolleyes:

Dear Teddy

you are a joker
First it was you who brought in the European EA and the USA EA, not me
Second you were the one who KPKB about NEA, not me

Therefore the onus is on you and not me

Lastly, I had already stated in my previous post clearly

A)Thank you for all those who cursed and condemned the West part of Singapore, Good Health always

B)and a Big Thank you for those who care for the residents of the Singapore living in the Western part of Singapore

Wonder which group you belong to

A or B ? :scared-2:

Ringo33
12-11-13, 00:18

I have been asking you these questions countless times

1) Did the EEA and US EPA report states that pollution from refinery and incinerators are confined to 15km radius?

2) Did EEA and US EPA report mentioned that air pollution from other sources like road transportation, shipping vessel, airport etc are not harmful to human beings?

Patrickstar
12-11-13, 02:02
Vehicular pollution is everywhere. Industrial pollution is not everywhere. I can see and smell jurong island pollution in jurong, not in Queenstown or Bishan. Is it better to have just vehicular pollution or industrial plus vehicular? I do not smell pollution from ships when taking walks around parkway parade, I smell factory pollutants everywhere and everyday in jurong. I am not saying this to put down jurong but I am merely stating a fact. As I have said before, Jurong would be a wonderful place to live without the factories.

chestnut
12-11-13, 05:49
Check this out

http://aqicn.org/faq/2013-06-25/singapore-psi-and-pm25-aqi-why-is-there-a-difference-between-the-two-readings/

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/north/

http://aqicn.org/map/m/

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/psi-computation-based-on-us-regulations-nea

The readings of PSI and PM2.5 follow the guidelines of US EPA.*

chestnut
12-11-13, 06:03
The NEA uses the real-time monitoring data to obtain and report 24-hour Pollution Standard Index (PSI) levels along with their corresponding air quality categories as shown in the adjacent table and which does not use color coding.

The NEA states that the PSI scale developed for use in Singapore is very similar to the scale developed and used by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The NEA also further states that the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency are used to assess Singapore's air quality.

http://www.eoearth.org/view/article/149935/

chestnut
12-11-13, 06:44
http://www.lga.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/Seperation_Distances_-_EPA_(21).pdf

Read page 12

Distance of petroleum refinery from residence - 2km....

Pertaining to air pollution...

Now u guys know why we put the refinery in an island....

Hahahahahahah

eng81157
12-11-13, 08:39
Certain offences such as molest, the offender can offer cash in exchange for the victim to drop the case. The victim can also minimize the embarrassment in court. But if the victim is not agreeable, the case will go to court. So for those cases that are allowed to be settled out of court, the victims actually agree to it.

But the Police has done a lousy job on the assault case. Disgusting.

the case can only be settled out of court if it is civic in nature. if it is criminal, there is no way it can or should be settled out of court, as per current practice.

e.g. i smash bottle on my wife's head. my wife call Mata. Mata catch and charge me. Wife says it's a lover dispute. Guess what Mata will say, "Sorry no cure, a criminal charge goes to the AGC)

hopeful
12-11-13, 08:46
teddy, u seems to have the view that US EPA and Europe EA is infallible. what if the safe distance is not 7km, but 70km ?
if the 2 agencies were involved in coverups of some other stuff, would you still trust their reports on pollution?

when i see photos of indonesia forest fires and australian forest fires, it looks to me like the smoke travel in 1 direction, the prevailing wind direction. there is no divergence, it doesn't spread out 360 degrees like a sound point source.
1 km or 10km down the burning sites, i supposed doesnt makes much of a difference.

eng81157
12-11-13, 08:53

Teddy

there is a very simple and obvious reason why singapore looks to USA and Europe when setting up local regulations - they are global leaders and they set global benchmarks.

firstly, if you want to dispute that their rules are not relevant to Singapore, then you have to question lots of Singapore's regulations since our government agencies, e.g. HSA, AVA, CDC, NEA, all take cue from global standards and adapt them for local use.

secondly, the logic behind your statement is incorrect

"Introducing Euro5 standard vehicle onto Singapore road whether early or not does not prove that car on our road are emitting so much air pollution "

the absence of regulations does not equate to the absence of offences - e.g. the lack of strict animal welfare regulations (a couple of years ago) did not mean there weren't animal abuse cases. it's just that legislation has not yet caught up with societal advances.

thirdly, getting a car check at Vicom does not mean that we have arrived at the pinnacle of air safety and no more improvements can be made. that is why Singapore is adopting the Euro standards.

fourthly, we have to be mindful of the differences in population density between Singapore vs US and Euro where population is more sparsely distributed. pollutants are more easily trapped and retained in densed, tall urban structured settings, for obvious reasons.

eng81157
12-11-13, 08:58
teddy, u seems to have the view that US EPA and Europe EA is infallible. what if the safe distance is not 7km, but 70km ?
if the 2 agencies were involved in coverups of some other stuff, would you still trust their reports on pollution?

when i see photos of indonesia forest fires and australian forest fires, it looks to me like the smoke travel in 1 direction, the prevailing wind direction. there is no divergence, it doesn't spread out 360 degrees like a sound point source.
1 km or 10km down the burning sites, i supposed doesnt makes much of a difference.

distance makes a whole lot of differences. go check out the mathematical formulas. e.g. if it's 300psi here, we can be sure that sumatra's PSI would be well beyond 300psi.

using the recent haze as an example, a slight change in wind direction resulted in penang getting hit while singapore escaped hazy conditions for certain days. i agree that smoke doesn't fan out like a wave ripple but gets carried by wind

thomastansb
12-11-13, 09:24
Outrage of modesty is just one of the very limited offences that allow settlement out of court. The court consider the embarrassment that the victim has to face if the case go on and so, there is an out of court settlement clause. But as I said earlier, if the victim says no settlement, the DPP will charge that fellow with OM. If repeated offender, probably get long jail sentence and canning.

You are half right about smashing bottle on your wife's head. Smashing bottle on your wife's head is only voluntarily causing hurt. It is a civil lawsuit case and a non-seizable offence. Even the police come, they will just record your statement and ask you to go to the court and engage your own lawyer if you wish to pursuit the case. No arrest will be made.

But instead of the bottle, you use a knife and stab your wife, then for that case, it won't be a civic case. You will be arrested on the spot and there is NO settlement out of court even if your wife requested for it. The AGC will just proceed on with the charge.

the case can only be settled out of court if it is civic in nature. if it is criminal, there is no way it can or should be settled out of court, as per current practice.

e.g. i smash bottle on my wife's head. my wife call Mata. Mata catch and charge me. Wife says it's a lover dispute. Guess what Mata will say, "Sorry no cure, a criminal charge goes to the AGC)

Ringo33
12-11-13, 09:31
distance makes a whole lot of differences. go check out the mathematical formulas. e.g. if it's 300psi here, we can be sure that sumatra's PSI would be well beyond 300psi.

using the recent haze as an example, a slight change in wind direction resulted in penang getting hit while singapore escaped hazy conditions for certain days. i agree that smoke doesn't fan out like a wave ripple but gets carried by wind

Distant makes a whole lot of difference, that's why dont waste time comparing air quality in tiny island like Singapore.

Southern coast line shipping route is <2km from coast line. Airport is right next to Eastern residential estate, Pasir Gudang is only 2km from Singapore shore.

So please talking like you know anything.

Self PWNED!!

eng81157
12-11-13, 09:33
Outrage of modesty is just one of the very limited offences that allow settlement out of court. The court consider the embarrassment that the victim has to face if the case go on and so, there is an out of court settlement clause. But as I said earlier, if the victim says no settlement, the DPP will charge that fellow with OM. If repeated offender, probably get long jail sentence and canning.

You are half right about smashing bottle on your wife's head. Smashing bottle on your wife's head is only voluntarily causing hurt. It is a civil lawsuit case and a non-seizable offence. Even the police come, they will just record your statement and ask you to go to the court and engage your own lawyer if you wish to pursuit the case. No arrest will be made.

But instead of the bottle, you use a knife and stab your wife, then for that case, it won't be a civic case. You will be arrested on the spot and there is NO settlement out of court even if your wife requested for it. The AGC will just proceed on with the charge.

this is where i don't get it - why should molesters be allowed to settle their offences out of court? if i am rich, does that mean i can afford to molest a girl since i can pay my way out of it? there is implied inequality

thomastansb
12-11-13, 09:38
What if the girl say no? Even if you have 10 billion dollars, you can't pay your way out. And if you happen to be serial offender, your backside will tear.

this is where i don't get it - why should molesters be allowed to settle their offences out of court? if i am rich, does that mean i can afford to molest a girl since i can pay my way out of it? there is implied inequality

eng81157
12-11-13, 09:39
Distant makes a whole lot of difference, that's why dont waste time comparing air quality in tiny island like Singapore.

Southern coast line shipping route is <2km from coast line. Airport is right next to Eastern residential estate, Pasir Gudang is only 2km from Singapore shore.

So please talking like you know anything.

Self PWNED!!

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! thanks for owning up to your own goal again!!!!

distance (NOT distant, kam gong can't even spell) is a factor - so, thanks for agreeing that living near to heavy industries results increases your exposure to pollutants, as compared to those living far away.

one word of advice, before you type something, learn to think whether it agrees with your earlier statements.

kam gong :banghead::banghead::banghead:

"There used to be no cure for stupidity, until Ringo came along" - Sir A.W.

eng81157
12-11-13, 09:41
What if the girl say no? Even if you have 10 billion dollars, you can't pay your way out. And if you happen to be serial offender, your backside will tear.

that is why i said there is implied inequality. i am sure the chances of the rich getting of the hook, by paying say $1mil, are much higher than the poor who can only pay $10.

Ringo33
12-11-13, 09:46
WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! thanks for owning up to your own goal again!!!!

distance (NOT distant, kam gong can't even spell) is a factor - so, thanks for agreeing that living near to heavy industries results increases your exposure to pollutants, as compared to those living far away.

one word of advice, before you type something, learn to think whether it agrees with your earlier statements.

kam gong :banghead::banghead::banghead:

"There used to be no cure for stupidity, until Ringo came along" - Sir A.W.

So we are no longer talking about air pollution..:D You are a lot less resilient that I thought.

Arent you the one who say that you believe in gospel but think that gospel might not be true?

thomastansb
12-11-13, 10:27
Not really. If the woman says no, then too bad. How rich also no use.

But anyway, I think in this world, the rich are always better off than the poor and we just have to live with the inequality. The rich can afford to get the best lawyer and the chances of getting off the hook is higher than a poor man who can only pay $10 to his lawyer (he won't even have a lawyer actually, only those pro bono kind).

The rich will have a higher chance of living longer than the poor because they have access to the best medical facilities.

that is why i said there is implied inequality. i am sure the chances of the rich getting of the hook, by paying say $1mil, are much higher than the poor who can only pay $10.

hopeful
12-11-13, 11:35
yup, i agree the women did the right thing but the officers did the wrong thing by NOT doing anything.

if my spider-senses tell me right, it's typical public servant mindset - "eh this scenario not written in protocol, so i can't improvise or make smart decisions"

now this phrase just comes to mind and which seems relevant to your comment.
"We do not rise to the occasion; we sink to the level of our training"
i dont blame the officers, it is the system at fault.the officers have not been trained enough to deal with these situations.

when 2 cars are approaching each other, and playing a game of chicken, better make sure the other driver is not blind.
if the other driver is blind, i will 100% give way to the blind driver.

similarly, that stressed person is blind to the consequences of his actions. walked away from him, no point arguing, dont provoke him.

Simi
12-11-13, 11:43
there is a very simple and obvious reason why singapore looks to USA and Europe when setting up local regulations - they are global leaders and they set global benchmarks.

firstly, if you want to dispute that their rules are not relevant to Singapore, then you have to question lots of Singapore's regulations since our government agencies, e.g. HSA, AVA, CDC, NEA, all take cue from global standards and adapt them for local use.

I have never disputed on the Euro EA and USA EA and have outmost respect for Regulatory body and do not intend to open another can of contention.

Let me explain
It is easier to measure air quality and other element and impose a conformity on a static object.
Example : An outdoor environmental monitoring unit placed in a strategic location. All it need is to take in the air and send to a processing unit to determine the quality of air.

It will be another story to determine the distance between the actual place of Industrial location in this case refineries where the pollutants are produce to surrounding areas affected. This become dynamic because much will be based on geographical and climatic. The whole contention that Teddy brought up. (just noticed that you also agreed that the Wind do play a part).
So my point is unless Teddy can prove that to live in a radius of XX km is hazardous from the place of produce using the same geographical and climatic setting USED IN THE SYNPOSIS by EURO EA and USA EA then it can apply to our Singapore Jurong Island and West/Jurong context.

secondly, the logic behind your statement is incorrect

"Introducing Euro5 standard vehicle onto Singapore road whether early or not does not prove that car on our road are emitting so much air pollution "

the absence of regulations does not equate to the absence of offences - e.g. the lack of strict animal welfare regulations (a couple of years ago) did not mean there weren't animal abuse cases. it's just that legislation has not yet caught up with societal advances.

To answer this question you have to look at Teddy question as quoted below. Please read. I will highlight the gist of it in Green

Quote :Europe already mandated all vehicles must follow Euro 5 in 2008/2009.
And do you know that Europe is already going to Euro 6 in 2014? :ashamed1:Unquote.

Introducing Euro 5 or even 6 able vehicle into Singapore is not a problem.
Question you got to ask will be
Are intermediaries ready like our Regulatory procedure, modernize fuel,
petrol kiosk and so on
Just for your information below :

(Quote) : The European Union has its own set of emissions standards that all new vehicles must meet. Currently, standards are set for all road vehicles, trains, barges and 'nonroad mobile machinery' (such as tractors). No standards apply to seagoing ships or airplanes.
Currently there are no standards for CO2 emissions. The EuropeanParliament has suggested introducing mandatory CO2 emission standards to replace current voluntary commitments by the auto manufacturers and labeling. In late 2005, the EuropeanCommission started working on a proposal for a new law to limit CO2 emissions from cars. The European Commission has received support of the European Parliament for its proposal to promote a broad market introduction of clean and energy efficient vehicles through public procurement.
The EU is to introduce Euro 4 effective January 1, 2008, Euro 5 effective January 1, 2010 and Euro 6 effective January 1, 2014. These dates have been postponed for two years to give oil refineries the opportunity to modernize their plants. (Unquote)

So it is not about being Slow and wanting to be fast

thirdly, getting a car check at Vicom does not mean that we have arrived at the pinnacle of air safety and no more improvements can be made. that is why Singapore is adopting the Euro standards.

LTA is doing the best of its capability with the present set of situation
No argument about that we have to adopt to the Euro standard when we are ready

fourthly, we have to be mindful of the differences in population density between Singapore vs US and Euro where population is more sparsely distributed. pollutants are more easily trapped and retained in densed, tall urban structured settings, for obvious reasons.

Thank you for agreeing with me on the difference in the geographic
of different countries and that will bring us to your first question.

Hi eng81157 san

answer to your questions in Blue

eng81157
12-11-13, 13:13
Not really. If the woman says no, then too bad. How rich also no use.

But anyway, I think in this world, the rich are always better off than the poor and we just have to live with the inequality. The rich can afford to get the best lawyer and the chances of getting off the hook is higher than a poor man who can only pay $10 to his lawyer (he won't even have a lawyer actually, only those pro bono kind).

The rich will have a higher chance of living longer than the poor because they have access to the best medical facilities.

i think we agree on the point that if the woman says no, the offender will be charged in court. however, my point is that the rich has a higher chance of getting off the hook since he can afford. this should never be allowed.

consumption of healthcare resources and hiring lawyers isn't quite the same as judicial equality and by the way, those two qualities are written in our national pledge.

the law should not favour the rich over the poor - equality before the law

eng81157
12-11-13, 13:22
now this phrase just comes to mind and which seems relevant to your comment.
"We do not rise to the occasion; we sink to the level of our training"
i dont blame the officers, it is the system at fault.the officers have not been trained enough to deal with these situations.

when 2 cars are approaching each other, and playing a game of chicken, better make sure the other driver is not blind.
if the other driver is blind, i will 100% give way to the blind driver.

similarly, that stressed person is blind to the consequences of his actions. walked away from him, no point arguing, dont provoke him.

while i don't absolve blame of the system, i believe there should be a basic decency, that is innate in normal human beings, to speak or act against injustice. if there needs to be training (to protect victims), will we then say that the PRC society was not at fault for leaving the poor china girl on the road to die of her injuries?

i am not saying that these officers need to devise a creative solution to the problem or defuse it immediately. what would they do if the victim is their loved one? after donning a uniform, do we then say we are incapable of action because bureaucracy has not prepared for a scenario as such?

i believe we should all learn to say - "The buck stops here!"

eng81157
12-11-13, 13:33
Hi eng81157 san

answer to your questions in Blue

let us then talk more about wind. while the smoke will be carried in the direction of the wind, please do not forget that there is a minimal radial of dispersion from the source (please refer to the formulas or easier, look at chimney or volcano discharges) and is affected by other ambient factors such as air bouyancy, height of discharge, etc.

these are scientific formulas that apply universally. as to differences, from country to country, in safety distances, it's another entirely different debate by itself.

as i have mentioned repeatedly, with all else being equal, those living in proximity to heavy industries have a higher risk exposure than people living far away.

Ringo33
12-11-13, 13:41
let us then talk more about wind. while the smoke will be carried in the direction of the wind, please do not forget that there is a minimal radial of dispersion from the source (please refer to the formulas or easier, look at chimney or volcano discharges) and is affected by other ambient factors such as air bouyancy, height of discharge, etc.

these are scientific formulas that apply universally. as to differences, from country to country, in safety distances, it's another entirely different debate by itself.

as i have mentioned repeatedly, with all else being equal, those living in proximity to heavy industries have a higher risk exposure than people living far away.

you tell us if it equal or not loh...:D

Simi
12-11-13, 13:53

Hi eng81157

Yes now we are on the same frequency

Using the universal formula for air dispersion

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/3/0/c/30c399a65f6756ae810de5fc789f09dc.png

in different area and countries can come out with different results

There are also at least another 15 formulas used by different countries based on their geographic and climate

so at least from here you can see that I am not against the Euro EA or the USA EA. My points as stated in highlight above.

eng81157
12-11-13, 14:14
Hi eng81157

Yes now we are on the same frequency

Using the universal formula for air dispersion

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/3/0/c/30c399a65f6756ae810de5fc789f09dc.png

in different area and countries can come out with different results

There are also at least another 15 formulas used by different countries based on their geographic and climate

so at least from here you can see that I am not against the Euro EA or the USA EA. My points as stated in highlight above.

i think most of us, including teddy, will agree to sound reasoning and logic.

i believe the quibble is not against EU or USA standards, but against some R-type moron's nonsensical claims that there distance isn't a factor while claiming that crematories emissions are as bad as heavy industries -simply BS

Simi
12-11-13, 14:17

i believe the quibble is not against EU or USA standards, but against some R-type moron's nonsensical claims that there distance isn't a factor while claiming that crematories emissions are as bad as heavy industries -simply BS

I see

Thank you and Wish you all the Best of Health :cheers4::cheers4:

thomastansb
12-11-13, 14:20
I think let's agree to disagree la. No point carrying on. I get your point already. My point is the same as yours also. The rich has access to better lawyers and so, he stands a better chance against someone who is poor. The law is as such.

i think we agree on the point that if the woman says no, the offender will be charged in court. however, my point is that the rich has a higher chance of getting off the hook since he can afford. this should never be allowed.

consumption of healthcare resources and hiring lawyers isn't quite the same as judicial equality and by the way, those two qualities are written in our national pledge.

the law should not favour the rich over the poor - equality before the law

Ringo33
12-11-13, 15:04

Its seem like your distant based nonsense are only applicable to the west. All other air pollution from other area are not important.

Very selective hor? :D

Simi
12-11-13, 15:16
Its seem like your distant based nonsense are only applicable to the west. All other air pollution from other area are not important.

Hi Ringo33 Sir

think we should close this Pollution debate because of different model being used

believed USA EA using the Gaussian Model
Singapore more toward the Computation Fluid Dynamic or in short the FLACS model

We concentrate on the development and the progress in the West better :cool::cool:

eng81157
12-11-13, 15:23

wah piang, kam gong revisiting a dead discussion which you've lost. what now? crematoriums emission? ships with the port moving to tuas? vehicular emissions?

duh, name me a source that rivals heavy industries, refineries and waste processing.

http://news.yahoo.com/worlds-10-worst-polluted-places-named-172054652.html

Ringo33
12-11-13, 22:27
Coming to you in Dec....

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-J7SarP6nPN8/UoHEpmzloqI/AAAAAAAAArM/1F0iUnrUYzQ/w856-h685-no/Westgate+02_3.jpg

sunrise
13-11-13, 12:54
Coming to you in Dec....

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-J7SarP6nPN8/UoHEpmzloqI/AAAAAAAAArM/1F0iUnrUYzQ/w856-h685-no/Westgate+02_3.jpg

again... it get bored after 2 months. nothing new to us.

teddybear
13-11-13, 13:10
Things are not equal? Oh, you are reminding us that during the SW monsoon, the wind is predominantly from South, and all pollutants from Jurong Island will blow 1 single direction towards North to JLD which is lying directly to the North of Jurong Island! :scared-2:

you tell us if it equal or not loh...:D

Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post

Ringo33
13-11-13, 13:47
Things are not equal? Oh, you are reminding us that during the SW monsoon, the wind is predominantly from South, and all pollutants from Jurong Island will blow 1 single direction towards North to JLD which is lying directly to the North of Jurong Island! :scared-2:

Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post

Told you many times. If you wish to talk about pollution then you should include road transport sea transport and air transport pollution as well.

Maybe you should look at your own backyard before talking about the west or questioing about nea.

Simi
13-11-13, 17:55
again... it get bored after 2 months. nothing new to us.

Yes nothing interesting to those who are not vested and are against the West :ashamed1:

Ringo33
13-11-13, 18:13
Yes nothing interesting to those who are not vested and are against the West :ashamed1:

Already I have got friends and relatives coming from central and east to JEM for shopping liao. When Westgate open, many will skip weekend orchard crowd to visit Jurong Gateway.

eseko1
15-11-13, 07:46
Already I have got friends and relatives coming from central and east to JEM for shopping liao. When Westgate open, many will skip weekend orchard crowd to visit Jurong Gateway.

Not to mention everyone I know living in Jurong will rather travel to central and shop. Stupid logic u have, cant stand people like you

hopeful
15-11-13, 07:59
Not to mention everyone I know living in Jurong will rather travel to central and shop. Stupid logic u have, cant stand people like you

what happened? how come you finally snapped?

CondoWE
15-11-13, 09:23

My differ from you... many friends, relatives, colleagues...who stay at west told me they seldom travel to central and shop leh.....:rolleyes:.

mermaid
15-11-13, 11:24
My differ from you... many friends, relatives, colleagues...who stay at west told me they seldom travel to central and shop leh.....:rolleyes:.

gd mah ...
west residents happy to dine & shop in the west juz let them be. central less crowded, juz nice to accommodate the nids of easterners & centralians.
win win situation, everyone happy.

Wunderkind
15-11-13, 19:52
Coming to you in Dec....

Sui !

Slowly and surely... the transformation.

PS: and I am not talking about just the infrastructure. I am talking about people's mindset.

sunrise
17-11-13, 09:54
Sui !

PS: and I am not talking about just the infrastructure. I am talking about people's mindset.

so many old flats surrounded the gateway....bo sui.
if HDB enblock those flats 20 years later these malls also gets older,
again bo sui.

teddybear
17-11-13, 20:35
People's mindset changing? :doh:
More like people are now more realistic, cannot afford fish, shrimps also good?!
But if got fish, who want shrimp? :beats-me-man:

Sui !

mermaid
17-11-13, 21:20
fact 1: so far still no see new ocr proj breaking JG record $.
fact 2: new rcr proj selling at lower/similar psf to JG.
if JG is oni launched now, wat will happen?
will the $ be lower?
will it be fully sold?

Patrickstar
18-11-13, 01:34
I don't think there is anything to be proud of if one pays record price for a condo. I am wondering how those who bought JG are going to resell since there will be nothing more to develop in that area than what we already know.

will the $ be lower?
will it be fully sold?

Ringo33
18-11-13, 05:14
will the $ be lower?
will it be fully sold?

DKSG was kpkb so much saying DUO selling at near JG price. I thought the average price at DUO was $2000psf, and most expensive so far was $2600psf for studio,

As for Alexendra residence, average price is $1650psf, while J Gateway average price was $1450psf. Then we must also factor in the fact the J Gateway has got more compact size units than AR because J Gateway land was sold before URA imposed the minimum average size of 700sqft on project outside Central Area.

If you wish to compare the handful of J Gateway unit sold at $1700psf then you should also compare the handful of unit at AR the is sold above $2000psf.

Ringo33
18-11-13, 05:17
I don't think there is anything to be proud of if one pays record price for a condo. I am wondering how those who bought JG are going to resell since there will be nothing more to develop in that area than what we already know.

Nah, you should ask those who pay the record price of Echelon and Sky Habitat instead because the new launches are cheaper than what they paid for.

So Patrickstar is a reincarnation account?

lionhill
18-11-13, 08:01
Nah, you should ask those who pay the record price of Echelon and Sky Habitat instead because the new launches are cheaper than what they paid for.

So Patrickstar is a reincarnation account?

I always think that Echelon is the culpit that lifts the condo price from readhill all the way to Jurong West, triggering the CMs that make me lose more than 100k.

Actually, the only thing Echelon can boast off is the marble floor. But everyone who has done renovation will know that the cost difference between ceramic and marble flooring will be less than 10k for a 100sqm unit.

mermaid
18-11-13, 08:19
If you wish to compare the handful of J Gateway unit sold at $1700psf then you should also compare the handful of unit at AR the is sold above $2000psf.

kaoz! u muz be kidding!
can jurong even be comparable to redhill in the 1st place! :47:

wat u r doin now is tat u r trying to justify a $20/kg of rambutans wif tat of mao shan wang! :doh:

mermaid
18-11-13, 08:21

eh, I dun mind paying record price for a gd location, honestly .... but tat is definitely prime locations of cos :47:

no problem reselling. 10-15 yrs down the road sure will hv capital appreciation. but the qn is, issit worthwhile to wait so long?

Ringo33
18-11-13, 08:25
kaoz! u muz be kidding!
can jurong even be comparable to redhill in the 1st place! :47:

wat u r doin now is tat u r trying to justify a $20/kg of rambutans wif tat of mao shan wang! :doh:

kaoz! u muz be kidding!

Can Echelon $2400psf compare to DUO in the first place?

wat u r doin now is comparing Mao San Wan to Ramutans.

J Gateway, average price $1450. more expensive?

most expensive unit $17xxpsf? What is most expensive unit at Redhill?

mermaid
18-11-13, 08:34
kaoz! u muz be kidding!

Can Echelon $2400psf compare to DUO in the first place?

wat u r doin now is comparing Mao San Wan to Ramutans.

J Gateway, average price $1450. more expensive?

most expensive unit $17xxpsf? What is most expensive unit at Redhill?

quote me the part where I compared Echelon wif DUO :47:

so if most ppl pay $15 per kg for rambutans but some paid $20 per kg for rambutans, den now u can get MSW at $25 per kg.
liddat means wat huh?

1. wif MSW at $25 per kg, future rambutans shd be priced at $20 per kg? or

1. wif MSW at $25 per kg, rambutans at $20 per kg is a steal?

make yr own judgement!

Ringo33
18-11-13, 08:38
quote me the part where I compared Echelon wif DUO :47:

so if most ppl pay $15 per kg for rambutans but some paid $20 per kg for rambutans, den now u can get MSW at $25 per kg.
liddat means wat huh?

1. wif MSW at $25 per kg, future rambutans shd be priced at $20 per kg? or

1. wif MSW at $25 per kg, rambutans at $20 per kg is a steal?

make yr own judgement!

what is the most expensive ($psf) unit at Redhill area?

Wunderkind
18-11-13, 21:10
[QUOTE=sunrise;445939]so many old flats surrounded the gateway....bo sui.
again bo sui.[/QUOTE

You see an ugly old lady while I see a beautiful woman.

That is because you choose to see that way. Some take longer ...

teddybear
18-11-13, 21:55
Oh so you are the pervert who like old lady as they are "beautiful woman" to you? :scared-2:

so many old flats surrounded the gateway....bo sui.
again bo sui.

You see an ugly old lady while I see a beautiful woman.

That is because you choose to see that way. Some take longer ...

Patrickstar
19-11-13, 04:07
I think there are not many places that can be considered prime in Singapore. The traditional ones like D1, 2, 3 , 4, 9, 10, 11, 15, 21 are obviously worthy of good money, not sure about far east or far west.

eh, I dun mind paying record price for a gd location, honestly .... but tat is definitely prime locations of cos :47:

no problem reselling. 10-15 yrs down the road sure will hv capital appreciation. but the qn is, issit worthwhile to wait so long?

hopeful
19-11-13, 06:08
I think there are not many places that can be considered prime in Singapore. The traditional ones like D1, 2, 3 , 4, 9, 10, 11, 15, 21 are obviously worthy of good money, not sure about far east or far west.

Wah, 1/3 of singapore's districts are prime.

chestnut
19-11-13, 06:15

Huh??? District 3, 4, 15 are RCRs....

District 21 is OCR.... This district I damn blur why prime????

Ringo33
19-11-13, 08:24
cross border air pollution is real. So dont let the trolls fool you. Worst part is they are not regulated by NEA.

‘No unusual level’ of air pollutants in Punggol'

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/no-unusual-level-air-pollutants-punggol

Ringo33
19-11-13, 08:25

obviously you know very little about what you are talking about.

Its like saying any clothing line that you see in orchard shopping mall are "branded goods".

This is exactly the reason why people get burn buying into CCR property blindly.

Wunderkind
19-11-13, 10:57
Oh so you are the pervert who like old lady as they are "beautiful woman" to you? :scared-2:

Some take longer , some... forever.

Simi
19-11-13, 12:47

Whats wrong with that ?
I used to be in the arm of an old lady and to me she was the most beautiful woman :scared-2::scared-2:

sunrise
19-11-13, 13:45
Some take longer , some... forever.

forever....an industrial estate.

Patrickstar
19-11-13, 20:26
The entire stretch of bukit timah up to bt timah plaza area is Central region (not core central region) if I am not wrong and that is District 21. Some parts of District 15 like meyer rd and tanjong rhu area considered prime district 15.

Huh??? District 3, 4, 15 are RCRs....

District 21 is OCR.... This district I damn blur why prime????

chestnut
19-11-13, 20:42
The entire stretch of bukit timah up to bt timah plaza area is Central region (not core central region) if I am not wrong and that is District 21. Some parts of District 15 like meyer rd and tanjong rhu area considered prime district 15.

http://www.sghomeonline.com/singapore-district-guide/

Bro, district 21 is upper bukit timah... OCR...

Bro, district 15 is stil rcr... Meyer and tanjong rhu maybe prime 15 but not prime leh.....

That's why tanglin regency gate is @ tanglin so district 10. If they open the gate at Alexandra side, become district 3. Hahahahahah

Patrickstar
19-11-13, 22:33
Bro, hv to correct you on this one. King albert park is upper bt timah D21, but that is in the central region, not OCR. You may want to check ura demarcation map :)

http://www.sghomeonline.com/singapore-district-guide/

Bro, district 21 is upper bukit timah... OCR...

Bro, district 15 is stil rcr... Meyer and tanjong rhu maybe prime 15 but not prime leh.....

That's why tanglin regency gate is @ tanglin so district 10. If they open the gate at Alexandra side, become district 3. Hahahahahah

Simi
19-11-13, 23:04
Bro, hv to correct you on this one. King albert park is upper bt timah D21, but that is in the central region, not OCR. You may want to check ura demarcation map :)

consider as RCR :cheers1::cheers1:

chestnut
20-11-13, 08:29

Map

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ccr.pdf

Bro king albert park not in central region boundary....

But central region boundary damn big leh..... Paya lebar, etc....

Cheers:D

Ringo33
20-11-13, 11:09
Notice to commercial site within J gateway has been revised to white site in the MP2013. More shopping? Medical suites?

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5112/xts5.jpg

Patrickstar
20-11-13, 11:14
Look at the map again, can you see the boundary that extends to upper bukit timah on the left side? KAP is somewhere in that region (at the end of dunearn rd to the bottom) and that is central, not ocr.

Map

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ccr.pdf

Bro king albert park not in central region boundary....

But central region boundary damn big leh..... Paya lebar, etc....

Cheers:D

Ringo33
20-11-13, 11:17
Look at the map again, can you see the boundary that extends to upper bukit timah on the left side? KAP is somewhere in that region and that is central, not ocr.

stop acting dumb not all CCR property are primed

Patrickstar
20-11-13, 11:19
We are talking about whether KAP is in the central, think your comment is out of line.

stop acting dumb not all CCR property are primed

Ringo33
20-11-13, 11:33
We are talking about whether KAP is in the central, think your comment is out of line.

Central Region and CCR are both different thing.

chestnut
20-11-13, 11:44
Look at the map again, can you see the boundary that extends to upper bukit timah on the left side? KAP is somewhere in that region (at the end of dunearn rd to the bottom) and that is central, not ocr.

Oops. My bad... What I meant is KAP is not CCR but in central region boundary... But so is changi and paya lebar and so many other region...

Only 9,10,11 and marina and sentosa are considered prime...

Cheers bro:cheers1:

clemdale24
20-11-13, 11:48

hahahaha so true. high five.

Patrickstar
20-11-13, 13:22
Then Mount Sinai beside Clementi should be prime as well :)
Oops. My bad... What I meant is KAP is not CCR but in central region boundary... But so is changi and paya lebar and so many other region...

Only 9,10,11 and marina and sentosa are considered prime...

Cheers bro:cheers1:

Ringo33
20-11-13, 13:34

What exactly do you mean by prime? What's you definition?

chestnut
20-11-13, 13:57

Mount senai is district 10

Patrickstar
20-11-13, 14:06
Prime has to be in the recognized districts in the central region (rcr or ccr) such as 9, 10, 11, 15 etc. in areas associated with high end living. Binjai park n king albert n certain parts of east coast (eg. Siglap) may not be in the ccr, but with the number of gcbs n high end properties there, these areas are to me considered a prime residential area.
What exactly do you mean by prime? What's you definition?

proud owner
20-11-13, 14:45
Prime has to be in the recognized districts in the central region (rcr or ccr) such as 9, 10, 11, 15 etc. in areas associated with high end living. Binjai park n king albert n certain parts of east coast (eg. Siglap) may not be in the ccr, but with the number of gcbs n high end properties there, these areas are to me considered a prime residential area.

very hard to determine where is and isn't prime ...

D15 ...telok kurau is NOT prime

D20 Windsor area ..there are GCBs too ..is it prime ? maybe

D11 Novena ..not prime ...Newton maybe

D21 Yarwood ...GCBs too ...prime ? Yes I think so ...

The only true prime in my opinion is D10 ...

Patrickstar
20-11-13, 15:09
Telok kurau I think not bad lah, private residential enclave with no hdb flats. D10 holland full of hdb flats.

Xan
20-11-13, 19:56
893 sq ft two-bedder for about $1.5 million at duo vs 893 sqft at 1.2xx mil at J gateway.
Hmm, not sure which is a better buy.

teddybear
20-11-13, 20:15
Prime is where the most expensive properties are!
It seem that Paterson Hill is the most prime!

teddybear
20-11-13, 20:17
With new masterplan, whole Singapore will be revamped!
JLD already losing shine! Govt focus has shifted to new places! :scared-1:
Didn't I told you so?! :rolleyes:

Notice to commercial site within J gateway has been revised to white site in the MP2013. More shopping? Medical suites?

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5112/xts5.jpg

Ringo33
20-11-13, 20:33

lousing its shine? I think we havent seen the real JLD yet. What this Masterplan did was to better defined and fine tune the reserves sites from MP2008.

E.g hotel site, white sites, realignment of roads etc.

However what surprise me most is actually having a hospital site at the current fairway country club site.

Ringo33
20-11-13, 21:10
lousing its shine? I think we havent seen the real JLD yet. What this Masterplan did was to better defined and fine tune the reserves sites from MP2008.

E.g hotel site, white sites, realignment of roads etc.

However what surprise me most is actually having a hospital site at the current fairway country club site.

another employment hub is fast developing at Cleantech park and Wenya ind area.

Ringo33
20-11-13, 21:14
Telok kurau I think not bad lah, private residential enclave with no hdb flats. D10 holland full of hdb flats.

There are still plenty of poor community living in the central area which you call prime and not every where in that area is worth investing either.

your money will be better off following there its flowing instead of looking at district number,

sunrise
20-11-13, 21:28
893 sq ft two-bedder for about $1.5 million at duo vs 893 sqft at 1.2xx mil at J gateway.
Hmm, not sure which is a better buy.

southside with very bright future.

Patrickstar
20-11-13, 22:46
Purely private residential enclaves will be increasingly hard to come by in the future with hdb blocks sprouting up everywhere. I think it is a matter of time when being away from hdb flats becomes a selling point for private property.

There are still plenty of poor community living in the central area which you call prime and not every where in that area is worth investing either.

your money will be better off following there its flowing instead of looking at district number,

eng81157
21-11-13, 07:07
another employment hub is fast developing at Cleantech park and Wenya ind area.

the whole of tuas, benoit and jurong island is one big employment hub - so? :banghead::banghead:

eng81157
21-11-13, 07:12

i beg to differ, the focus was never big on JLD in the first place.

well, there is only one moron singing about an IR at JLD, superbiz hub at JLD (and really whatever crap reasons that elevate jurong above that of prime districts), etc. to the moron who equates the shifting of semb shipyard to tuas to rising property value and rental, it just speaks so much about the level of logic, or rather the lack thereof, that goes on in between his cranial vaccuum.

Ringo33
21-11-13, 08:19
the whole of tuas, benoit and jurong island is one big employment hub - so? :banghead::banghead:

you should read more before self pwning yourself in this forum.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room/news/2013/nov/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/media-room/2013/nov/pr13-75a2.ashx

Ringo33
21-11-13, 08:26
i beg to differ, the focus was never big on JLD in the first place.

well, there is only one moron singing about an IR at JLD, superbiz hub at JLD (and really whatever crap reasons that elevate jurong above that of prime districts), etc. to the moron who equates the shifting of semb shipyard to tuas to rising property value and rental, it just speaks so much about the level of logic, or rather the lack thereof, that goes on in between his cranial vaccuum.

URA even have a comprehensive MASTERPLAN dedicated for JLD and anyone who have been to Jurong Gateway would have seen the entire transformation.

the only moron in this forum are the empty vessel. Yes EMPTY

eng81157
21-11-13, 08:31
URA even have a comprehensive MASTERPLAN dedicated for JLD and anyone who have been to Jurong Gateway would have seen the entire transformation.

hello, i never said there was no focus. it's just not as BIGGGGGGGG as some kam gong purported it to be - akin to turning a anthill into mt everest.

3rd IR?! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

eng81157
21-11-13, 08:34

eh kam gong, it is a must to have a PLAN before actually making changes to a city or district.

masterplan doesn't mean that JLD is the centre of the universe, as you have claimed otherwise. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

AN-A-LO-GY (it's four syllabus, i know your brain can't handle more than singular words): all parents have plans to turn their kids into scholars, lawyers, doctors, bankers - do all kids turn out to be one?

Ringo33
21-11-13, 08:36
eh kam gong, it is a must to have a PLAN before actually making changes to a city or district.

masterplan doesn't mean that JLD is the centre of the universe, as you have claimed otherwise. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

AN-A-LO-GY (it's four syllabus, i know your brain can't handle more than singular words): all parents have plans to turn their kids into scholars, lawyers, doctors, bankers - do all kids turn out to be one?

since when did anyone said JLD is the center of the universe.

Did you just made that one up to self pwned yourself again?

what a JOKE!!

Ringo33
21-11-13, 08:41
hello, i never said there was no focus. it's just not as BIGGGGGGGG as some kam gong purported it to be - akin to turning a anthill into mt everest.

3rd IR?! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I am glad that you are back in your troll self instead of acting like you know so much.

Have you read the link I posted? Did you realize that western industrial and business park are not as low tech as what you think. Btw, did you see the article about Rolls Royce setting R&D center at NTU???

eng81157
21-11-13, 08:48
since when did anyone said JLD is the center of the universe.

Did you just made that one up to self pwned yourself again?

what a JOKE!!

no, u treated JLD as the center of the universe.

read - 3rd IR!!!!! still a big joke
read - bestest location in singapore, and property price rivalling orchard/river valley and trumping bishan
read - super financial hub (when the main plan is to shift ministries HQ to jurong)
and the list of stupidity is simply too daunting to type out

thomastansb
21-11-13, 08:55
When a ulu OCR selling at river valley price, you better think twice. Happened to many condos before and they never recover. Bishan 8 is one of them.

read - bestest location in singapore, and property price rivalling orchard/river valley and trumping bishan
read - super financial hub (when the main plan is to shift ministries HQ to jurong)

eng81157
21-11-13, 09:05
I am glad that you are back in your troll self instead of acting like you know so much.

Have you read the link I posted? Did you realize that western industrial and business park are not as low tech as what you think. Btw, did you see the article about Rolls Royce setting R&D center at NTU???

i never said that western industries are low-tech. and please lah, low-tech industries are dwindling in singapore and everyone is moving upstream and into R&D - DUH.

did you just inadvertently demonstrated a "Eureka" moment when it is already apparent to everyone else? WAHAHAHAHAH

secondly, do you even know why rolls royces is doing a R&D tie-up with NTU, and not NUS? u sure only rolls royce got R&D adds glitter to jurong? lots of biomed R&D hubs are already located in tuas since before there was a JLD plan but did jurong experience a boom?

"Ringo - the personification of stupidity" - Sir A.W.

Ringo33
21-11-13, 09:08

You might want to quote exactly what I said in this thread or else people might think that you are desperately trying to self pwned yourself again.

Told you a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Ringo33
21-11-13, 09:12
i never said that western industries are low-tech. and please lah, low-tech industries are dwindling in singapore and everyone is moving upstream and into R&D - DUH.

did you just inadvertently demonstrated a "Eureka" moment when it is already apparent to everyone else? WAHAHAHAHAH

secondly, do you even know why rolls royces is doing a R&D tie-up with NTU, and not NUS? u sure only rolls royce got R&D adds glitter to jurong? lots of biomed R&D hubs are already located in tuas since before there was a JLD plan but did jurong experience a boom?

"Ringo - the personification of stupidity" - Sir A.W.

this troll obviously has got very bad memory and is never afraid to lying to cover his foolish track.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=19237

CCR
21-11-13, 09:46
I feel that JLD is important to the gahmen, it is going to be the 2nd largest commercial area outsid eof Marian bay, so that has to count for something...

I am pro CCR, but I have to say that JLD plans are massive, 2.5 times bigger than Tampines...

It will definitely appeal to middle class who are priced out of CCR...

CCR properties are either small with super high psf or big with lower psf, either way, only the rich can play in CCR

eng81157
21-11-13, 10:00
this troll obviously has got very bad memory and is never afraid to lying to cover his foolish track.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=19237

where is the lie? i am unlike a certain moron who BSes about cremation and crystalballs about future MRT locations.

so tell us, did the setting up of Lonza cause jurong property prices to skyrocket?

eng81157
21-11-13, 10:04
I feel that JLD is important to the gahmen, it is going to be the 2nd largest commercial area outsid eof Marian bay, so that has to count for something...

I am pro CCR, but I have to say that JLD plans are massive, 2.5 times bigger than Tampines...

It will definitely appeal to middle class who are priced out of CCR...

CCR properties are either small with super high psf or big with lower psf, either way, only the rich can play in CCR

JLD is important to the govt, since the aim is to shift all ministries there. as to the kind of business mix, let's see it when we get there. the area must carve a niche to attract tenants.

i don't think any of us is rubbishing jurong. we are merely rubbishing a certain moron's claims that make jurong more than it is. c'mon, a third IR at jurong?!?!?!?! i still can't get over this joke

teddybear
21-11-13, 15:44
Look at the Master Plan 2013 - Everywhere is important to the govt in various ways!
JLD is important as an industrial town in Singapore! :beats-me-man:

JLD is important to the govt, since the aim is to shift all ministries there. as to the kind of business mix, let's see it when we get there. the area must carve a niche to attract tenants.

i don't think any of us is rubbishing jurong. we are merely rubbishing a certain moron's claims that make jurong more than it is. c'mon, a third IR at jurong?!?!?!?! i still can't get over this joke

eng81157
21-11-13, 15:56
Look at the Master Plan 2013 - Everywhere is important to the govt in various ways!
JLD is important as an industrial town in Singapore! :beats-me-man:

but but but..............Kam gong says there is going to be a third IR, it's going to be the next wall street, it's going to be the jewel of Singapore and the envy of all property owners (from batam, to johor, to orchard, to shenton way, blah blah blah).

you get what i mean

and we aren't even talking about the next economic frontier for singapore - space & beyond. and jurong is definitely not where the activities are going to be held.

Simi
21-11-13, 15:58
something new to me

JLD an Industrial Town :scared-4::scared-4:

玉格格
21-11-13, 16:05
master plan 2013 says they will speed up the development of woodlands to be on par wif jld n tampines.

so wat's the intention of govt?

they wanna keep everyone's workplace close to home so as to minimise travelling & overcrowding during peak.

wif development, prices hv to increase. but having said tat, it doesn't mean tat becos of devlopement in these areas, extreme east/west/north become prime as a result.

eng81157
21-11-13, 16:07
master plan 2013 says they will speed up the development of woodlands to be on par wif jld n tampines.

so wat's the intention of govt?

they wanna keep everyone's workplace close to home so as to minimise travelling & overcrowding during peak.

wif development, prices hv to increase. but having said tat, it doesn't mean tat becos of devlopement in these areas, extreme east/west/north become prime as a result.

woodlands is to cater the cross-border train development

玉格格
21-11-13, 16:14
woodlands is to cater the cross-border train development

cross border development is merely one of the developments tat's gonna take place in woodlands. there will be more resi & commercial developments since they wanna convert woodlands into a regional centre.

eng81157
22-11-13, 07:05
cross border development is merely one of the developments tat's gonna take place in woodlands. there will be more resi & commercial developments since they wanna convert woodlands into a regional centre.

if not for the cross border development, do you think there's any catalyst that would transform it into a regional centre?

玉格格
22-11-13, 08:37
if not for the cross border development, do you think there's any catalyst that would transform it into a regional centre?

I personally feel tat the cross border development is the main catalyst tat spur the development of woodlands, but not regional centre.

govt wanna a regional centre in the north, tat's the main objective. there r many areas in the north as well, y woodlands was chosen? probably becos they decides to hv the cross border development over there.

Ringo33
22-11-13, 09:51

It has been proven many times over that you are not someone who knows much about government development plan because you mentality is like a little frog stuck in a deep well.

Below is a classic example to show you how little this frog in the well know about the world outside the well

and the kam gong strikes again!!!! just take the map, circle an area and christen it as site for high tech park?!?!?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

stupidity has no bounds. high tech park besides a secondary school without supporting nucleus of affiliated industries?!

might as well say boeing going to have a building beside j gateway and build a wind tunnel beneath the mrt station to test new planes

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=19237&page=3

Ringo33
22-11-13, 09:54
I personally feel tat the cross border development is the main catalyst tat spur the development of woodlands, but not regional centre.

govt wanna a regional centre in the north, tat's the main objective. there r many areas in the north as well, y woodlands was chosen? probably becos they decides to hv the cross border development over there.

woodland regional center is a double edge sword. on on hand it would bring more job to the region which could boost property prices, however due to its proximity and connectivity to JB, people working in the region might consider living in JB to take advantage of the lower cost of living.

玉格格
22-11-13, 10:26
woodland regional center is a double edge sword. on on hand it would bring more job to the region which could boost property prices, however due to its proximity and connectivity to JB, people working in the region might consider living in JB to take advantage of the lower cost of living.

hmmm ... wif development gg on, launches will definitely not be cheap. but precisely becos many hv the option to choose between staying in JB or woodlands, Im not optimistic abt the rental or resale prospect in woodlands.

eng81157
22-11-13, 10:28
It has been proven many times over that you are not someone who knows much about government development plan because you mentality is like a little frog stuck in a deep well.

Below is a classic example to show you how little this frog in the well know about the world outside the well

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=19237&page=3

WAHAHAHAHA, till now you have not even substantiated your claims with facts. and yet you wanna talk about disproving my arguments

come, tell us how did Lonza cause jurong prices to boom

Ringo33
22-11-13, 10:40
WAHAHAHAHA, till now you have not even substantiated your claims with facts. and yet you wanna talk about disproving my arguments

come, tell us how did Lonza cause jurong prices to boom

i am not here to convince a frog that the world is bigger than the well he is living in. So you can continue to believe that Western region are for low tech industry

Ringo33
22-11-13, 10:41
hmmm ... wif development gg on, launches will definitely not be cheap. but precisely becos many hv the option to choose between staying in JB or woodlands, Im not optimistic abt the rental or resale prospect in woodlands.

which mean the woodland regional hub could actually help boost the price of apartment across the causeway??

Just wondering can a PR work in Singapore but live in JB?

玉格格
22-11-13, 10:46
which mean the woodland regional hub could actually help boost the price of apartment across the causeway??

Just wondering can a PR work in Singapore but live in JB?

y not? in fact I feel tat development in woodlands is gonna benefits ppty owners of JB more den spore.

tink if Im a singaporean wif ppty in woodlands, I will be tempted to rent out my unit for a higher $ n stay in jb (if safety is not a concern).

eng81157
22-11-13, 12:38
i am not here to convince a frog that the world is bigger than the well he is living in. So you can continue to believe that Western region are for low tech industry

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! another epic self pawn!!!!!!

kam gong, the company - Lonza, that i've used in my example isn't low tech. so since when did i ever claim that the far flung west is meant for low tech?

eng81157
22-11-13, 12:40
y not? in fact I feel tat development in woodlands is gonna benefits ppty owners of JB more den spore.

tink if Im a singaporean wif ppty in woodlands, I will be tempted to rent out my unit for a higher $ n stay in jb (if safety is not a concern).

for a certain "R" moron, jurong is the center of the universe, better than orchard, river valley, shenton way, blah blah blah. that's why no other districts can compete with juuuuuuuuulong

玉格格
22-11-13, 12:46
for a certain "R" moron, jurong is the center of the universe, better than orchard, river valley, shenton way, blah blah blah. that's why no other districts can compete with juuuuuuuuulong

wei, wei, wei ... u can criticise him but u shd not use insulting words to address him cos liddat reflects very badly on yrself :hell-hath-no-fury:

eng81157
22-11-13, 12:48
wei, wei, wei ... u can criticise him but u shd not use insulting words to address him cos liddat reflects very badly on yrself :hell-hath-no-fury:

i've no words to describe stupidity in its full glory. unless you can advice otherwise....

玉格格
22-11-13, 12:51
i've no words to describe stupidity in its full glory. unless you can advice otherwise....

Im glad to admit tat my adjectives r better den yrs in tis aspect :p
u can use stubborn & not receptive to others' opinions to describe him in the future :D

eng81157
22-11-13, 12:53
Im glad to admit tat my adjectives r better den yrs in tis aspect :p
u can use stubborn & not receptive to others' opinions to describe him in the future :D

whoa, he's beyond stubborn. trust me, lots of us have tried debating on facts and figures but when stupidity trumphs logic............

a self confession, i, for one, am not known for patience.

玉格格
22-11-13, 12:59
whoa, he's beyond stubborn. trust me, lots of us have tried debating on facts and figures but when stupidity trumphs logic............

a self confession, i, for one, am not known for patience.

I noe la, hahaha ...
but u r getting very personal liao ...

eng81157
22-11-13, 13:02
I noe la, hahaha ...

i only reserve my verbal venom for two very special individuals in here. by and large, most of us can have a gentleman's debate and yet agree to disagree politely.

with that being said, we should all resume bowing and worshipping at the feet of jurong

Simi
22-11-13, 13:15
I noe la, hahaha ...

Believed the quarrel and all unfriendly words are only confined to the forum

If they meet up , it will be another story

Just like in a football field or a fighting ring
In it you can hear and see all the cursing spitting and swearing

And when one leave the field or ring
All those unpleasant stuffs will be left there

eng81157 san...Tio Bo ?

玉格格
22-11-13, 13:18

eng81157 san...Tio Bo ?

very hard to say wor ... some of them very violent one! be in online or real life! :scared-1:

eng81157
22-11-13, 13:25

eng81157 san...Tio Bo ?

to be honest, i wouldn't even embark on a debate with someone that don't make sense in real life. just like how i ignore some taxi drivers, who keep complaining road users can't drive, while they themselves are zipping through traffic recklessly without signalling.

Simi
22-11-13, 13:33
very hard to say wor ... some of them very violent one! be in online or real life! :scared-1:

I can also be very violent and vulgar in the ring

but once outside

would say : Brother that is a great fight and you are the champion :cool:

Ringo33
22-11-13, 13:34
to be honest, i wouldn't even embark on a debate with someone that don't make sense in real life. just like how i ignore some taxi drivers, who keep complaining road users can't drive, while they themselves are zipping through traffic recklessly without signalling.

the only debate you know is to call people kam gong. Other than that, I dont see anything that is worth reading debating at all.

Again, I am not going to waste my time telling a frog living in a well that there is a world outside the well.

want to impress us? Start a thread and tell us your thought about property. Or prove to us that western region are for low tech industry..

Simi
22-11-13, 13:38
the only debate you know is to call people kam gong. Other than that, I dont see anything that is worth reading debating at all.

Again, I am not going to waste my time telling a frog living in a well that there is a world outside the well.

want to impress us? Start a thread and tell us your thought about property. Or prove to us that western region are for low tech industry..

Brother

don't take it so seriously la

better than being called Kam Lan right ? or Kong ay (empty) :ashamed1:

Ringo33
22-11-13, 13:38

but once outside

"supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"

So obviously those kpkb calling people moron and kamgong after self pwned are just empty vessels making noise.

eng81157
22-11-13, 13:42

i've already asked you explicitly whether Lonza, after setting up shop in tuas, resulted in a boom in property prices.

and kam gong, now you demonstrated why i need to call u kam gong. told u lonza not low tech liao, :banghead::banghead:

玉格格
22-11-13, 13:42

but once outside

sure bo?
I arrange u to meet astroboy :p

Simi
22-11-13, 13:43
"supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"

So obviously those kpkb calling people moron and kamgong after self pwned are just empty vessels making noise.

Very Correct

was referring to a match where a fight is inevitable to know your standard

could be a football boxing and so on

玉格格
22-11-13, 13:46
the 2 of u - R33 & eng ...
whenever u argue, can simply leave words such as kamgong, stupid, idiots aside.

if a person is not stupid, u insult him 1000 times he is oso smarter den u.
if a person is stupid, u dun nid to resort to such demeaning terms ppl oso noe tat he is not smart.

Ringo33
22-11-13, 13:49
i've already asked you explicitly whether Lonza, after setting up shop in tuas, resulted in a boom in property prices.

and kam gong, now you demonstrated why i need to call u kam gong. told u lonza not low tech liao, :banghead::banghead:

Because you are asking a stupid and pointless question thats why no one is interesting to reply you loh.

People are talking about Cleantech Park, Wenya Ind, Jurong Gateway plus the many companies that are investing in western region.

1 company = property boom?

i think you are in the wrong forum.

Perhaps you can go back reading my signature again instead of wasting my time listening to your sad stories.

Simi
22-11-13, 13:50
the 2 of u - R33 & eng ...
whenever u argue, can simply leave words such as kamgong, stupid, idiots aside.

if a person is not stupid, u insult him 1000 times he is oso smarter den u.
if a person is stupid, u dun nid to resort to such demeaning terms ppl oso noe tat he is not smart.

Clap clap

Blessed are The Peacemaker :D :D

eng81157
22-11-13, 14:06
Because you are asking a stupid and pointless question thats why no one is interesting to reply you loh.

People are talking about Cleantech Park, Wenya Ind, Jurong Gateway plus the many companies that are investing in western region.

1 company = property boom?

i think you are in the wrong forum.

Perhaps you can go back reading my signature again instead of wasting my time listening to your sad stories.

can't answer say so lah. k k, let me give u more companies, shell, GSK, norvatis, etc etc

did these companies cause property prices to boom? if not, then your claims about cleantech park boosting property prices is also BS

by the way, cleantech is now passe, hint - go look at the state of solar panel industry. that's why by using your arguments, seletar and jalan kayu prices should hit space

Ringo33
22-11-13, 14:11
can't answer say so lah. k k, let me give u more companies, shell, GSK, norvatis, etc etc

did these companies cause property prices to boom? if not, then your claims about cleantech park boosting property prices is also BS

by the way, cleantech is now passe, hint - go look at the state of solar panel industry. that's why by using your arguments, seletar and jalan kayu prices should hit space

You should learn to quote the exact word other people wrote instead of paraphrasing all the nonsense to make you look smart.

And as a frog living in the well, are you really in position to comment what is good or bad for property?

Cleantech is passe??? I thought Masterplan 2013 just draw out the plan for the cleantech park?

like i said, dont waste my time

eng81157
22-11-13, 15:05
You should learn to quote the exact word other people wrote instead of paraphrasing all the nonsense to make you look smart.

And as a frog living in the well, are you really in position to comment what is good or bad for property?

Cleantech is passe??? I thought Masterplan 2013 just draw out the plan for the cleantech park?

like i said, dont waste my time

i'm asking you specifically did all those high tech, huge MNCs that invested billions of dollars cause jurong, and nowhere else, property prices to boom?

when it's out in the plans, it's passe. thank goodness you aren't in EDB or else singapore would be dead.

come kam gong, impress us - do you know what's the next frontier for our economy?

玉格格
22-11-13, 15:10
Clap clap

Blessed are The Peacemaker :D :D

these si ginnas everyday nid to quarrel to pass time.
tink muz make them live underground wif teddy to reduce noise pollution :scared-2:

minority
22-11-13, 15:10

u are stupidity in its full glory… i am surprise u just realized it?

Ringo33
22-11-13, 15:31
i'm asking you specifically did all those high tech, huge MNCs that invested billions of dollars cause jurong, and nowhere else, property prices to boom?

when it's out in the plans, it's passe. thank goodness you aren't in EDB or else singapore would be dead.

come kam gong, impress us - do you know what's the next frontier for our economy?

I have no time to answer stupid question like these.

If you think that west region has got no potential, then its your job to tell us that why having a property within an employment and commercial hub is not a good thing, especially one which is growth are such great pace like Jurong region.

Cleantech park passe? Do you even know what you are talking about in the first place?

perhaps you might want to tell us which happening place to you live or invested

minority
22-11-13, 15:33

eng81157 san...Tio Bo ?

Wait lets get AWARE in.. maybe they can stop and make everyone lovey dovey & have some broke back .

玉格格
22-11-13, 15:36
Wait lets get AWARE in.. maybe they can stop and make everyone lovey dovey & have some broke back .

dun nid so troublesome.
u wanna tame ppl u nid to find the rite person.
imho, 1 teddy > the whole AWARE :eek: :scared-1:

Simi
23-11-13, 00:04

What a suggestion !!!
you really sound like one :D

LOL

玉格格
25-11-13, 12:31
do u realise tat dksg dun come to forum anymore? ever since tat day hopeful criticised him jialat jialat for being boastful & gave wrong sales date of SV ...

hsifreffup oso nvr come to tis thread anymore ... ever since hopeful kept pestering him for an answer ...

regulators oso nvr come to forum anymore .... even since R33 accused him of inciting religious disharmony.

how come we all complain R33 so much but he kept coming to the forum? :confused: :beats-me-man: :(

Simi
25-11-13, 13:35
do u realise tat dksg dun come to forum anymore? ever since tat day hopeful criticised him jialat jialat for being boastful & gave wrong sales date of SV ...

hsifreffup oso nvr come to tis thread anymore ... ever since hopeful kept pestering him for an answer ...

regulators oso nvr come to forum anymore .... even since R33 accused him of inciting religious disharmony.

how come we all complain R33 so much but he kept coming to the forum? :confused: :beats-me-man: :(

Mermaid also disappeared :scared-4:

last time heard she wanted to act in the re enactment in the scene on the

Girl fights back in the robbery case

玉格格
25-11-13, 13:41
Mermaid also disappeared :scared-4:

last time heard she wanted to act in the re enactment in the scene on the

Girl fights back in the robbery case

tiagong got some bad uncles kept bullying her tat's y she left liao lor :violins:

onglai
25-11-13, 13:47

all of the bot a unit in jld because they cannot tahan tang san zang everyday liam geng....

玉格格
25-11-13, 13:54
all of the bot a unit in jld because they cannot tahan tang san zang everyday liam geng....

if R33 is tang seng, who shd be sun wu kong, zhu bajie & sha wujing?

hmmm ... I tink simi can be zhu bajie leh, hahaha

zhu bajie previously the Marshal of the Heavenly Canopy, a commander of Heaven's naval forces, and was banished to the mortal realm for flirting with the moon goddess Chang'e. A reliable fighter, he is characterised by his insatiable appetites for food and sex :scared-1:

Simi
25-11-13, 14:07
tiagong got some bad uncles kept bullying her tat's y she left liao lor :violins:

Aiyoh

those uncles very bad

Mermaid quite cute and pro active lei ...why want to bully her

only she a little bit Xiao ting tong nia :eek::eek:

玉格格
25-11-13, 14:19
Aiyoh

those uncles very bad ..why want to bully her

tink becos they menopause hahahaha :D
jialat, dunno next time u will be liddat bo? :scared-4: :(

Simi
25-11-13, 14:23
tink becos they menopause hahahaha :D
jialat, dunno next time u will be liddat bo? :scared-4: :(

I am already into male menopause

so you got to pardon me if I do speak in tongue, sometimes :doh::doh::scared-3:

玉格格
25-11-13, 14:29

nvm, I will ask onglai to give u some tongkat ali :o

Patrickstar
25-11-13, 19:41
Huh?!! :scared-5:Males can procreate up till they are eighty. You eighty or older than eighty meh?

玉格格
25-11-13, 21:23
Huh?!! :scared-5:Males can procreate up till they are eighty. You eighty or older than eighty meh?

wah ... I haven 80yo factory aldy closed :47:

Simi
25-11-13, 21:44

Patrick arhh

I got no choice la got to say into menopause liao

you know, that 玉格格 believes in Fairy tales wan lei..:confused:

dun know what xuanzhang with wukong zhu ba jie and sha wujin :doh::doh:

Simi
25-11-13, 21:58

Dun worry
factory not closed for you

Sarah gave birth to a son at age 90 :D:D

Wunderkind
25-11-13, 22:46
Dun worry

Simi,

You have hope... Abraham was 100 when Sarah gave birth.

Simi
25-11-13, 23:11
Simi,

You have hope... Abraham was 100 when Sarah gave birth.

Hi Wunderkind

who am I to compare to Abraham
nothing lei...not even worthy to be a grain of sand :(:(

on his sandal

Patrickstar
25-11-13, 23:19
Maybe factory overwork so premature retirement

玉格格
26-11-13, 08:22
Maybe factory overwork so premature retirement

maybe factory under worked so premature retirement :D

玉格格
26-11-13, 08:28
Dun worry

too late, I alrdy menopaused :(
unless u tell me after menopause still can give birth den I will try to look for a man who nid a child when I reach 89yo ;)

k00L
28-11-13, 18:07
MND moving out from CBD to JLD, while hungry tech companies eager to move in to CBD.
The tech companies will leave their data center in JLD which employ more servers than ppl

"Traditionally occupied by financial institutions, the central business district is witnessing a new trend of consumer Internet companies taking up large spaces in prime Grade A office buildings, according to Cushman & Wakefield and reported in the media.

This comes amid increasing rents due to healthy demand and lack of new supply.

Notably, rents at Marina Bay moved up 0.85 percent to S$11.80 psf per month from S$11.70 psf per month in Q3, while Raffles Place rents grew 0.67 percent quarter-on-quarter to S$9 psf per month. Over at Shenton Way, rents have climbed 0.99 percent to S$8.20 psf per month.

Outside of the CBD, Grade A rents at Orchard Road posted the highest increase, climbing 2.2 percent to S$9.20 psf per month.

Overall, Grade A rents increased 1.1 percent quarter-on-quarter to S$9.38 psf per month in Q4.

Meanwhile, average vacancy levels for the Grade A market declined by 58 basis points to 4.9 percent as at end-2013. The CBD area also witnessed a drop in vacancy levels, with the average rate at Marina Bay slipping by more than one percentage point quarter-on-quarter to 10.1 percent, while Shenton Way and Raffles Place recorded vacancy rates of 3.2 percent and four percent respectively.

The drop in vacancy levels in the CBD is partly attributed to the rising trend of consumer Internet companies taking up huge spaces in prime Grade A buildings.

For instance, Booking.com is set to occupy around 45,000 sq ft at Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, while Google plans to increase its presence in Asia Square Tower 1. PayPal is also looking to grow its presence at Millenia Tower.

The healthy absorption was also supported by recent deals such as Rabobank looking to take up 26,000 sq ft of space at South Beach and Mizuho’s plan to take more than 100,000 sq ft at Asia Square Tower 2.
"

Ringo33
28-11-13, 21:25
Beware!! Its getting HOT!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/20131128/TKCathayJemScreen28112013e.jpg

Cathay might be the last of the three major cinema players to have an outlet in the west, but when the Cathay Cineplex Jem opens on Friday, it will not lag behind in size.
With its 10 screens and 1,600 seats, it will outclass its rivals in the area, Shaw Theatres JCube, and Golden Village's GV Jurong Point, in screens and seats.
Cathay also claims that the 13.6 m by 7.3 m screen in its Digital Xtreme hall is the largest in a suburban cinema. The cineplex is located at the Jem shopping centre, next to the Jurong East MRT station.
The new cineplex will include a premium-class service, which Cathay calls its Platinum Movie Suites. Cathay is not the first cineplex to offer a premium service in a non-downtown location: GV Katong offers Gold Class halls with reclining seats. For $38 on weekends and $28 per person on weekdays, Cathay patrons will have the use of a private lounge as well as large reclining chairs in the 30-seat hall

eng81157
29-11-13, 07:15
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Got Cinema means the location is getting hot woh!!!!!! Then Orchard must be the hottest stretch!!!!

DC33_2008
29-11-13, 08:07
Not sure getting overcrowding is a good thing in an estate? :beats-me-man:

hopeful
29-11-13, 08:11
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Got Cinema means the location is getting hot woh!!!!!! Then Orchard must be the hottest stretch!!!!

huh? no one is denying orchard is the hottest stretch.

gv katong offer premium in katong. katong is in east coast. east coast is super-prime location, according to another thread.

so if have premium cinema, it means location is super-prime. so if have premium cinema in jld, it means jld is super-prime.

that is the logic.

eng81157
29-11-13, 08:50
huh? no one is denying orchard is the hottest stretch.

gv katong offer premium in katong. katong is in east coast. east coast is super-prime location, according to another thread.

so if have premium cinema, it means location is super-prime. so if have premium cinema in jld, it means jld is super-prime.

that is the logic.

since bukit timah or newton doesn't a cinema of any sorts, it ain't hot?
i'm just applying warped thinking to demonstrate the lack of logic

Ringo33
29-11-13, 12:17
companies wont simply put huge investment in a region if they dont see a potential and they certainly wont be offering premium services to region which they think people cannot afford.

So 1 cinema is going to make the place hot, so 1 company investing in Tuas is going to push up property prices.

It seems like eng81157 has got very limited processing power in his brain thats why he can only talk about 1 subject at a time instead of seeing the complete picture.

Ringo33
29-11-13, 12:26
Jobs Jobs jobs.

BIOMED One @ Tuas Biomedical Park, which will cater to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) providing services to the biomedical industry, has broken ground and will come onstream in the first quarter of 2015.
Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony yesterday, Senior Minister of State for Trade & Industry and National Development, Lee Yi Shyan, said: "Conceived as the next phase of development for Tuas Biomedical Park, the $62 million BioMed One will feature a Vendors Hub, which serves as a platform for biomedical companies located there to aggregate their demands for supporting services, process equipment and laboratory supplies."
A joint initiative between JTC Corp and Bio-pharmaceutical Manufacturers Advisory Committee (BMAC), the eight-storey BioMed One will have a gross floor area of 29,000 square metres and a plot ratio of 2.5, the highest in Tuas.
JTC expects the new building will help bring about a quicker turnaround time, greater cost-competitiveness and higher efficiencies for the clients of these SMEs.
"Co-locating in a single building will foster more collaboration amongst the players and make it easy for manufacturers, especially new ones, to source for supporting services," added Png Cheong Boon, chief executive of JTC, adding that being closer to their customers at BioMed One could create more business opportunities for vendors and suppliers, too.
BioMed One will feature shared meeting and training rooms as well as amenities, such as food and beverage outlets, a gym, a clinic and childcare services.
JTC, which has started to engage companies in discussions, expects the building to house some 20-30 firms, largely SMEs.
Carlos Pereira, co-chairman of BMAC and site head for Novartis Singapore Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, said: "The response time is going to be faster and also the ability to network by sharing some spaces is going improve."
BMAC, which represents companies located in Tuas Biomedical Park, expects to use the facility as well, which could lead to greater exchange between vendors and biomedical firms. Thirteen global biomedical players are based at the 312-hectare Tuas Biomedical Park in Tuas View, including Pfizer Asia Pacific, GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals and Wyeth Nutritionals.
The Biomedical Park, which was set up in 1997 to support the Republic's biomedical sciences industry, enables firms located there to leverage on common utilities and services for greater economies of scale, reducing costs and the amount of upfront capital investment needed.
Manufacturing output from Singapore's biomedical industry has increased almost five-fold over the past decade, from $6 billion to $29 billion. The industry employs some 18,000 people, up from 6,000 previously. At $977,000 per worker, the biomedical industry has the highest value-add among the manufacturing clusters in Singapore.

princess_morbucks
29-11-13, 13:27
Yeah, Westgate by Capital Mall openeing on 2 Dec 2013!

http://www.todayonline.com/lifestyle/new-jurong-east-mall-westgate-open-next-week

eng81157
29-11-13, 13:29
companies wont simply put huge investment in a region if they dont see a potential and they certainly wont be offering premium services to region which they think people cannot afford.

So 1 cinema is going to make the place hot, so 1 company investing in Tuas is going to push up property prices.

It seems like eng81157 has got very limited processing power in his brain thats why he can only talk about 1 subject at a time instead of seeing the complete picture.

kam gong! you were the moron who exuberantly stated that Jurong is getting hot since cathay is going to open up theatres there

secondly, you were the moron who claimed that the shift of sembawang shipyard to tuas is going to bolster property prices and rental rates.

:banghead::banghead: you can't even stick to your guns

Ringo33
29-11-13, 15:12
kam gong! you were the moron who exuberantly stated that Jurong is getting hot since cathay is going to open up theatres there

secondly, you were the moron who claimed that the shift of sembawang shipyard to tuas is going to bolster property prices and rental rates.

:banghead::banghead: you can't even stick to your guns

again there is nothing that is worth reading in your post. I mean NOTHING.

Ringo33
29-11-13, 15:14

http://www.todayonline.com/lifestyle/new-jurong-east-mall-westgate-open-next-week

thanks for the update.

So Westgate is going upmarket...and I am sure some people here will be focusing on the floor tiles at westgate.

SINGAPORE — Another new shopping mall in the Jurong East area, Westgate, will be opening next Monday (Dec 2), according to a statement by CapitaMalls Asia today (Nov 29).

This comes less than six months after JEM shopping mall opened in the same area, joining JCube and IMM in the vicinity of Jurong East interchange.

With a net lettable area of 410,000 square feet, similar to Raffles City Singapore’s retail area, Westgate says it will offer upmarket offerings from fashion, beauty retailers, and restaurants including Tim Ho Wan, Royce, as well as a Samsung Experience Store.

Allthepies
29-11-13, 15:14

Yeah! Looking forward to more shopping! Monday will go there see look see look :D:D:D:D:D

玉格格
29-11-13, 15:25
Yeah! Looking forward to more shopping! Monday will go there see look see look :D:D:D:D:D

u better let others go n venture 1st :o

Ringo33
29-11-13, 15:59
Kangei Jurong Lake District ...

ドンク(兵庫県神戸市)は12 月 2 日、シンガポール西部・ジュロンイースト地区に開業する郊外型商業施設「Westgate」(3 Gateway Drive)にベーカリーブランド「Johan(ジョアン)」のシンガポール1号店をオープンする。

ジョアンはドンクの展開する店舗ブランドの一つで、1983年に銀座三越に日本1号店がオープン。「ジョアンが創る世界のパン」のキャッチフレーズの 下、パリ郊外の名店「ローラン・ジョアン」のエスプリと味を引き継ぎながら、フランスだけにこだわらず、世界の代表的な食事パンをそろえる。現在、日本全 国に16店舗を展開する。

シンガポール1号店は同施設内に開業する「Isetan Singapore Jurong East Shop」に入居。同施設はMRT東西線・南北線Jurong East駅やバスターミナルそばに開業することから交通アクセスが良く、郊外からのファミリー層の集客増加が見込めるという。

商品は、日本の店舗でも人気の定番商品「バゲット」から、日本橋店限定販売の「日本橋黒糖ロール」まで約100 品を用意。約120平方メートルの店舗内には、店内に厨房(ちゅうぼう)を構え、焼きたてのパンを販売する「インストアベーカリー」の店舗形態を採用。 「シンガポールのお客さまに向けて日本のジョアンのクオリティーのままのサービスと商品を提供したい」と広報担当者。

同社は、1985 年の主力ベーカリー「ドンク」での香港出店を皮切りに、中国や台湾など東アジアを中心に現在海外24店舗を展開。シンガポールでは昨年 5 月に「ドンク」 1 号店を出店し、売り上げも堅調に推移しているという。ジョアンブランドでの海外出店は上海に続く 7 店舗目(海外25店舗目)となる。

dtrax
29-11-13, 16:38
http://www.capitamallsasia.com/-/media/Files/CMA/PDF/Press%20Releases/2013/News%20release_Westgate%20to%20open%20its%20doors%20to%20shoppers%20on%202%20December.pdf

Singapore – Westgate (西城), the premier family and lifestyle mall located in Jurong East, will open its doors to shoppers on 2 December 2013. It will assemble an exciting array of fashion, lifestyle and F&B offerings under one roof, bringing brands that used to be the exclusive domain of shopping malls in town to the west of Singapore.

The seven-storey mall from Basement 2 to Level 5 houses more than 250 brands over a net lettable area of 410,000 square feet (“sq ft”), similar to Raffles City Singapore’s retail area. It is strategically located in the heart of the up-and-coming Jurong Gateway precinct, and is the only development with direct connections to both the Jurong East MRT and bus interchanges.
On the fashion and accessories front, premium brands opening at Westgate include Kate Spade Saturday, AƖX Armani Exchange, COS (Collection of Style), Giordano Ladies, Sacoor Brothers, GISELLAblu and Pandora. Global Work, a casual fashion brand from Japan catering to men, women and kids will be debuting in Singapore at Westgate.

In the beauty space, French cosmetics brand Yves Rocher, a pioneer in the use of plants and other natural elements in beauty products, will mark its Singapore debut at Westgate. Another popular French brand L’Occitane, will open its first store outside town at the mall.

About 25% of Westgate’s retail space has been set aside for F&B, presenting diners with a wide selection of about 60 restaurants, cafés and food kiosks. Popular F&B outlets opening their first branch outside the city at Westgate include Ippudo, Tonkatsu Ma Maison, Tsukada Nojo, Osaka Ohsho, Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru, 4 Fingers, MK Steamboat and Royce. Huang Ji Huang, the popular stewed pot restaurant with about 400 outlets in China, will open its first overseas restaurant at Westgate. In addition, Tim Ho Wan, the popular dim sum restaurant from Hong Kong, will open a new branch at the mall.
Fans of Japanese cuisine will be delighted with Westgate’s significant cluster of Japanese restaurants. Excluding the Food Republic food court, about 30% of the mall’s dine-in F&B outlets are Japanese. These include new-to-market Kinoshita, the Osaka restaurant credited with igniting the teppan nabe (“hot iron pot”) food craze, and Robata Robata, a robatayaki grill concept developed by Singapore’s Shin Group.

Further enhancing the Japanese theme is anchor tenant Isetan, which will be opening its first supermarket outside Orchard Road at the mall.
The upscale supermarket will be the first in Singapore’s west to sell Japanese wagyu beef. It will feature a number of new concepts, including Johan Paris bakery, a popular Japanese bakery known for its traditional French breads; J-Dining, a Western delicatessen serving take-away meals; Nagomi Deli, a Japanese delicatessen counter; Coffee Station by UCC, which sells premium coffee beans from the top Japanese coffee factory; Fuji Flower Style, a Japanese florist; and Juice Bar by Yaoya, Singapore’s first Japanese fruit juice shop. At Bacchus, the wine store operated by wine specialist Don Tay, Isetan will introduce a sit-in counter that will allow customers to enjoy wines with ham and cheese from Tierney’s. Over at the department store, shoppers can look forward to popular Japanese fashion and lifestyle brands such as ans accessories, ladies wear labels Nice Claup, Majestic Legon, Cochinillo, Remind Me & Forever, and more.

More lifestyle offerings are available at anchor tenant Samsung’s largest and first triplex Samsung Experience Store in Singapore spanning about 6,000 sq ft.

The special standalone triplex store enjoys vantage visibility from Jurong East MRT station. Consumers will be able to enjoy interactive hands-on experience with the devices displayed in the store and trained Samsung Ambassadors will be on site to share tips relating to product usage and content applications across Samsung’s wide range of products including smartphones, tablets, cameras and selected range of after-market and original Samsung accessories. This is the first Samsung Experience Store that incorporates a bistro and beer garden, thus allowing consumers to grab a bite or have a drink while immersing in the Samsung experience.

In addition, book lovers can seek solace in Borders, which will be returning to Singapore under the management of Popular Holdings with an 8,000 sq ft store on Level 4. Fitness enthusiasts can visit Fitness First Platinum, which occupies 14,000 sq ft of space on Level 5.

For a limited time only, Westgate will be featuring pop-up stores showcasing local designers and more. Fashion designer Alfie Leong will be bringing back his well-received multi-label pop-up store Workshop Element (W.E.) at Westgate. Local designers participating in this showcase include AWOL, Womb, Ling Wu and Mash-Up. The Emporium, a multi-disciplinary collaboration between two homegrown businesses – Triologie (womenswear) and IndyK (womenswear, bags and shoes), together with brands such as Stones that Rock (ladies jewellery), Desti Saint (ladies handbags), furniture store Galanga Living and The Emporium Home – will also operate a pop-up store. In addition, local online shopping website Modajar will be holding a temporary showcase of its multi-label collection of designer men’s and women’s apparel, accessories and footwear sourced from Europe, United Kingdom and South Korea.

Engaging the community with social spaces and the arts
Beyond its retail and lifestyle offerings, Westgate seeks to promote family and social bonding with purpose-built community spaces.
These include Westgate Wonderland, the mall’s signature 11,000 sq ft thematic outdoor playground on Level 4, which will be open to the public for free. Shoppers who accumulate a minimum spend at Westgate can also redeem their children’s free admission to the Kids Club on Level 5, a supervised play area with a 4,600-sq ft outdoor playground and an indoor clubhouse. Both outdoor playgrounds will open in early 2014.

The heart of Westgate will be The Courtyard, a low-rise dining precinct which is built to resemble a vibrant shopping street with community spaces for people to meet and socialise. Shoppers can enjoy a unique idyllic dining experience amidst a garden setting at The Courtyard, which houses F&B outlets such as Paul Bakery, Brotzeit, Café Crema, Poulet, Miam Miam and Skinny Pizza.

Shoppers are welcome to take a pleasant stroll in The Courtyard along the Westgate art trail, which includes four sculptures installed at different spots. Taking pride of place at the mall entrance is The Panda Family sculpture by French pop art artist Julien Marinetti, who is known for using his bronze sculptures as three-dimensional canvas. The specially commissioned art piece features a family of four pandas in a sitting posture. The panda subject hints at the proximity of Westgate to the Chinese Garden, whose pagoda and pavilions have long been prominent in the landscape of Jurong. The other three sculptures are caricatures by Belgium artist Kirk De Keyzer, who gave his signature playful twist to snapshots of mundane daily activities, namely The Loudspeaker, The Walk and The Tightrope Walker.

Adding to the convivial atmosphere at The Courtyard will be performances by endorsed buskers under the National Arts Council Busking Scheme. In fact, Westgate enjoys the distinction of being the first mall in Singapore to feature such endorsed buskers within its premises. This sets it apart from other shopping malls, where busking currently takes place at the public pedestrian areas outside the malls.

Ms Wee Su Lin, Development Manager of Westgate, said, “After two years in the making, we are excited to unveil Westgate as the premier family and lifestyle mall in Jurong East. We are pleased to work with established and new entrant retailers to bring city lifestyle to the western part of Singapore, as well as deliver original offerings that fulfill the potential of our strategic location in the up-and-coming Jurong Gateway precinct. We hope that the mall’s extensive retail and lifestyle offerings, together with its shopper-centric social spaces, will anchor Westgate firmly in the community and become the place where families living in the west and beyond, can enjoy themselves and spend the day.”

Welcoming shoppers with opening specials
To celebrate the mall’s opening, Westgate and its tenants will launch a series of exciting events and promotions.

As a start, Isetan will hold its popular Hokkaido Harvest Fair and Sanrio Christmas Fair for a limited period from 2 December 2013. Shoppers who spend a minimum of $30 at Isetan will have the chance to purchase a 7-inch Hello Kitty Garden Plush at a special price of $9.90. Isetan is also slated to bring Japan’s creative lifestyle store Tokyu Hands to Westgate from 6 to 12 January 2014.

Headlining the series of opening performances is stunt troupe Japanese Samurai Gangsters, who will take to the stage at the mall’s Basement 2 from 2 to 9 December 2013. During the weekend of 14 and 15 December 2013, shoppers can catch talent showcases put up by students from mall tenants Yamaha Music School and The Ballet School.

For a magical performance befitting of the festive season, get ready to be mesmerised by the lifelikeness of Bjorn the animated polar bear, which will interact with shoppers in an ice sculpture environment at selected timings from 14 to 22 December 2013.

To thank shoppers for their support, Westgate will be giving away attractive prizes to lucky shoppers. The first 5,000 CAPITASTAR members who spend a minimum of $200 will stand to win one of 300 Taraba crabs from Hokkaido worth $168 each, or a $10 shopping voucher. Shoppers can also take part in the CAPITASTAR Draw Lucky game on Level 2 and stand a chance to win more attractive prizes (www.winwithcapitastar.sg). To encourage shoppers to reduce their carbon footprint, CAPITASTAR members who take public transport to the mall on the weekends from 2 December 2013 to 31 January 2014 stand to receive bonus STAR$ under the mall’s Ride and Redeem promotion.

Ringo33
29-11-13, 16:47
Armani Exchange also coming to Jurong.....beware!!

dtrax
29-11-13, 16:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HH7PFp7N8w

Ringo33
29-11-13, 16:55
Beware

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1hfQOxWtU9Q/UNqARLDNMZI/AAAAAAAAAUY/P8eTeq4HgG4/w732-h684-no/Westgate-by-CapitaLand.jpg

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/180/9sx6.jpg

玉格格
30-11-13, 07:41
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/glass-door-jurong-mall-shatters-20131129

DC33_2008
30-11-13, 07:56
It is risky place. Will need extended DLP with so many problems.
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/glass-door-jurong-mall-shatters-20131129

玉格格
30-11-13, 08:02
It is risky place. Will need extended DLP with so many problems.

becos of jem, ppl will oso scare to go westgate, orchard will be as crowded as b4 :doh:

DC33_2008
30-11-13, 08:53
The building's name, sounded like Gem, is just too strong for its building and land site.
becos of jem, ppl will oso scare to go westgate, orchard will be as crowded as b4 :doh:

Ringo33
30-11-13, 10:02

yar one glass door shattered in shopping malls and Singaporeans are starting to shit in their pants?

So if your shower glass door shattered at home you will be too afraid to go home??

:doh:

Ringo33
30-11-13, 10:09
Bedok mall is pale in comparison to Westgate..

CAPITAMALLS Asia will open two new shopping havens next week, one on each side of the island.
On Monday, the shutters will go up at Westgate in Jurong East.
The seven-storey mall will have a net lettable area of 410,000 square feet, roughly the size of Raffles City's retail area.
The opening of the mall will also mark the return of Borders, now under the management of Popular Holdings, to Singapore. The bookstore will occupy 8,000 square feet.
The mall will have a strong Japanese flavour in its food and beverage offerings. About 30 per cent of its dine-in outlets are Japanese, including restaurants new to Singapore such as Kinoshita from Osaka, a teppan nabe (hot iron pot) restaurant, and a robatayaki grill restaurant Robata Robata.
Anchor tenant Isetan will also open its first supermarket outside Orchard road. It will include Johan Paris bakery, a popular Japanese bakery known for traditional French breads; J-Dining, which sells Western take-away meals; and Nagomi Deli, Japanese delicatessen counter.
Another anchor tenant, Samsung, will open a 6,000 sq ft Samsung Experience store - the largest in the country - which will include a bistro and a beer garden.
Westgate is directly linked to the MRT and bus interchanges, and also has a 20-storey office tower called Westgate Tower.
There are two other CapitaMalls in Jurong. Neighbouring JCube has Singapore's only Olympic-sized ice rink while IMM Building has been repositioned as the largest outlet mall in Singapore.
In the east, Bedok Mall will open on Tuesday. Comprising about 200 shops across three levels, the mall has 220,000 sq ft, the size of Junction 8.
Besides established brands such as Cache Cache, Charles & Keith, Dorothy Perkins, G2000 and Levi's, the mall will see new entrants into Singapore.
These include Sembonia, a Malaysian leather brand that is opening its flagship store, and Korean and European style women's fashion store Roem.
Popular US buffalo chicken wings franchise Wingstop will open its first Asian store here, as well as Guan Chee Hong Kong Roast, which is opening its first standalone restaurant after having found success in food courts.
Bedok Mall is directly linked to the MRT station, while a new air-conditioned bus interchange which opens next year will sit above it.

玉格格
30-11-13, 10:40
yar one glass door shattered in shopping malls and Singaporeans are starting to shit in their pants?

So if your shower glass door shattered at home you will be too afraid to go home??

:doh:

tis is not the 1st time things happened :47:

玉格格
30-11-13, 10:43
The building's name, sounded like Gem, is just too strong for its building and land site.

u so superstitious!

DC33_2008
30-11-13, 10:43
It is the spending power of people rather and not no. of window shoppers. :)
Bedok mall is pale in comparison to Westgate..

Ringo33
30-11-13, 10:45

thats exactly why up market brands are moving to JLD isnt it?

DC33_2008
30-11-13, 10:47
Yup. My properties has numbers like 3, 8, perfect 10, 13 (Cantonese sound good), 28, and 33.
u so superstitious!

DC33_2008
30-11-13, 10:48
Think so? Look at the surrounding of the two malls.
thats exactly why up market brands are moving to JLD isnt it?

Ringo33
30-11-13, 10:48
tis is not the 1st time things happened :47:

nothing ever happen along central malls?

Dengue, flooding, murder, suicide, falling glass panel, falling cranes, drowning, prostitution, etc etc.

玉格格
30-11-13, 10:52

dun liddat say. jurong oso got rich ppl wif high spending power who is not afraid of the poor construction of jem.

Ringo33
30-11-13, 11:08
dun liddat say. jurong oso got rich ppl wif high spending power who is not afraid of the poor construction of jem.

JLD are not limited to people living in jurong because people from all over Singapore do come to Jurong for work and now to shop. In terms of spending power, Jurong has got one of the highest percentage of middle age residents, and this is the group which high spending power.

玉格格
30-11-13, 12:28
JLD are not limited to people living in jurong because people from all over Singapore do come to Jurong for work and now to shop. In terms of spending power, Jurong has got one of the highest percentage of middle age residents, and this is the group which high spending power.

like wat u always preach, shop n work where one live.
though jld welcome us shoppers fm central, north n east wif open arms n legs, y do we wanna go so far to get something of the same $ which we can easily get it more conveniently fm the city?

btw, u r mistaken. ppl all over spore come to jurong to work? N now to shop?! :doh:

玉格格
30-11-13, 12:43
nothing ever happen along central malls?

Dengue, flooding, murder, suicide, falling glass panel, falling cranes, drowning, prostitution, etc etc.

u wanna deceive yrself becos u r vested in JG, by all means go ahead. But dun treat others as idiots without basic reasoning skills :doh:

watever happened in other malls can fight wif yr notorious jem bo? :rolleyes:

u r ever thick skin enuff to mention other irrelevant things such as dengue, flood, murder suicide, drowning, prostitution!!!! in an attempt to divert our attn away fm the poor worksmanship n quality of jem! :scared-1: :doh:

u r trying to tell us tat jurong no dengue! :doh:
so jurong no murder!?! :doh:
Jurong ppl very happy no suicide!?! :doh:

omg! u r bias in favor of jld beyond overhaul!
u hv face to say we oso paiseh to hear!
really bias until chut zup liao! :doh:

Allthepies
30-11-13, 12:48
sigh the stupid east rich west poor arguements again:doh::doh::doh:

Cant you all East people and West people live together peacefully. ...Singapore is so small lah....

onglai
30-11-13, 12:49
r33 = 西毒。。

中毒的毒。。:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ringo33
30-11-13, 13:02
like wat u always preach, shop n work where one live.
though jld welcome us shoppers fm central, north n east wif open arms n legs, y do we wanna go so far to get something of the same $ which we can easily get it more conveniently fm the city?

btw, u r mistaken. ppl all over spore come to jurong to work? N now to shop?! :doh:

Please stop acting and talking like a childish idiot trying to argue something out of nothing because we all know that the western region is the one of the largest employment hub in Singapore providing good and decent jobs to people from all over Singapore and that Singaporeans will travel to all corners of Singapore just to eat and shop.

Go ask your friends and neighbour who have not been to IMM Jurong Point and Jem..

Ringo33
30-11-13, 13:05
u wanna deceive yrself becos u r vested in JG, by all means go ahead. But dun treat others as idiots without basic reasoning skills :doh:

watever happened in other malls can fight wif yr notorious jem bo? :rolleyes:

u r ever thick skin enuff to mention other irrelevant things such as dengue, flood, murder suicide, drowning, prostitution!!!! in an attempt to divert our attn away fm the poor worksmanship n quality of jem! :scared-1: :doh:

u r trying to tell us tat jurong no dengue! :doh:
so jurong no murder!?! :doh:
Jurong ppl very happy no suicide!?! :doh:

omg! u r bias in favor of jld beyond overhaul!
u hv face to say we oso paiseh to hear!
really bias until chut zup liao! :doh:

You should ask yourself are you trying to tell us that in orchard mall they are no broken glass and that people should avoid orchard because of that.

Patrickstar
30-11-13, 13:39
East to West only half an hour, but away from factories is still the better option

sigh the stupid east rich west poor arguements again:doh::doh::doh:

Cant you all East people and West people live together peacefully. ...Singapore is so small lah....