PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RCR
27-09-13, 11:03
Binshan smells funny. I can't put my fingers on it. But it is not surprising it smells funny given the nearby crematorium.
such a idiot...haha

Ringo33
27-09-13, 11:07
Please you guys, please stop using broken English. For example, there is no such thing as "A is more superior than B." The correct usage is "A is superior to B." My younger boy is attending a local school. You can't believe the kind of English the teachers and pupils speak and write at school. it is appalling.

There are 126 pages in this thread. please feel free :)

stalingrad
27-09-13, 11:15
such a idiot...haha

"Such an idiot" would be better. If you want to resort to name calling to win arguments, at least resort to right name calling.

By the way, did any of you graduate from university?

astroboy8681
27-09-13, 11:30
of course you cant decipher because you have been taunting and calling people here names that actually you are the person you yourself were referring to

can see that you are angry
behave and maybe buy you Happy meal with candy floss

woohoo... after 10 hours deep sleep and morning tea i start to rub my eyes reading your reply!

you soften your stand??!! but why, where's the spirit?? where's your profanity-laced sentences?? why stop at 1, 2 or even 3??

have you become developers of late, softening stand cos the reality of TDSR finally sunk in??

this is a property forum isn't it?? free speech isn't it?? online hong lim, no??
you simi sai?? you simi taiji?? you simi miah?? you simi buay song chu lai kong??
you see, my command of hokkien can be equally pristine as my england but i can never bring myself down to spit one word of profanity.
why?????? can you explain to me with your pin-sized, pee-filled brain?

you created a new "league", i "kee chew" first to join!

but your proposition of happy meal sounds good, shall we arrange?? really, i'm wholeheartedly egging you on :) don't stop... we all have dreams right, no?

hopeful
27-09-13, 11:31
Let me explain. Hope you can understand, because not many people can.

First, Bishan is a more superior location - you have to understand this before we can proceed.

Second, Jurong MM sold at $1,6xx-$1,7xx has alerady happened - passed event.

Third, if Bishan being a more superior location is pricing itself at $1,4xx-$1,5xx, that means its price is lower than the Jurong MM.

Thus, if Jurong MM price is rightly priced at $1,6xx, then Bishan at $1,5xx is under priced.

Conversely, if the Bishan at $1,5xx is rightly priced, then the Jurong MM at $1,6xx is overpriced.

The sell out within xx days only measures :

For SV, its relative price to other PCs. If people think that SV @ $1,5xx is very cheap because a Jurong PC sold at $1,5xx-$1,7xx.

For Jurong MM, the sell out is mainly driven by the CM scare that was announced on the SAME DAY! So many many people just got scared until soul nearly flew out of their bodies and quickly commit to a PC. I believe they certainly know that they are paying a huge premium. But do they have a choice ? If they dont buy, they may not be able to buy anything else anymore. So rather pay a premium and be in the market.

DKSG

hmm, let me try to understand about what you mean by particular period.
when J-Gateway was launched, Sky Habitat was also available for sale.

so why was JG sold out and SH was not?
why disappointed JG would-be buyers did not swarm SH, they still have a few hours to do so?
If Bishan is a superior location, then budget conscious buyers would be willing to pay a little extra for a superior location.

if TDSR play a role, then considered the case of 14(?) returned units in JG.
the buyers of the 14(?) returned units would be affected by JG.
URA developer sales for JG in July is 15.
URA developer sales for SH in July is 3.

Bishan is a superior location. SH is designer condo. so why are buyers not interested in SH since superior location,designer should justify the higher psf?

why keep saying JG MM price is at 16xx?
for JG units < 500sqft, the average price is 1588psf, median is 1568psf.
for JG units 506-581sqft, the average price is 1570psf, median is 1571psf.
for JG units 603-689sqft, the average price is 1512psf, median is 1507psf.
for JG units 1044-1095sqft, the average price is 1389psf, median is 1400psf

GT23
27-09-13, 11:34
Please you guys, please stop using broken English. For example, there is no such thing as "A is more superior than B." The correct usage is "A is superior to B." My younger boy is attending a local school. You can't believe the kind of English the teachers and pupils speak and write at school. it is appalling.

Eh.... Stalingrad, I think you need to put a punctuation in your sentence "Please you guys". Else it may allude to something else. ;)

hopeful
27-09-13, 11:46
hmmm, if SV sold out, would SH then be able to move the units if SH price still no discount?

Ringo33
27-09-13, 12:00
hmmm, if SV sold out, would SH then be able to move the units if SH price still no discount?

What is missing in SH are the compact size apartments, so I wont be surprise if that the over 1000 cheque they claimed to received are all going after the small apartments in SV.

As for the larger apartment with bigger quantum, anybody who can afford it would have already considered SH, unless capitaland price is really low.
Then again if the price too low, it might actually put down ward pressure for SH wont it?

NO_7
27-09-13, 12:19
There are many choices in n surrounding D20, naturally SH facing stiff competition than D22.
If D22 does growth is ppty over the years, the rest of other districts crowd could be pull over to D22, probably a balance in crowd over the East n West side. These 3 years D23 is growing very fast too, there should be more to come.
When is the new master plan gonna release?

Ringo33
27-09-13, 12:24
There are many choices in n surrounding D20, naturally SH facing stiff competition than D22.
If D22 does growth is ppty over the years, the rest of other districts crowd could be pull over to D22, probably a balance in crowd over the East n West side. These 3 years D23 is growing very fast too, there should be more to come.
When is the new master plan gonna release?

After Oct, when both Malaysia and Singapore firm up their plan for the high speed rail line terminal. Just guessing, not gospel truth.

Simi
27-09-13, 12:34
woohoo... after 10 hours deep sleep and morning tea i start to rub my eyes reading your reply!

you soften your stand??!! but why, where's the spirit?? where's your profanity-laced sentences?? why stop at 1, 2 or even 3??

have you become developers of late, softening stand cos the reality of TDSR finally sunk in??

this is a property forum isn't it?? free speech isn't it?? online hong lim, no??
you simi sai?? you simi taiji?? you simi miah?? you simi buay song chu lai kong??
you see, my command of hokkien can be equally pristine as my england but i can never bring myself down to spit one word of profanity.
why?????? can you explain to me with your pin-sized, pee-filled brain?

you created a new "league", i "kee chew" first to join!

but your proposition of happy meal sounds good, shall we arrange?? really, i'm wholeheartedly egging you on :) don't stop... we all have dreams right, no?

I like the idea of meeting up

but to let you know, I hate your gut and you hate me as much too

NO_7
27-09-13, 12:34
After Oct, when both Malaysia and Singapore firm up their plan for the high speed rail line terminal. Just guessing, not gospel truth.

Plus the 3rd courseway, PLAB move out :D, many new MRT lines coming too?
The plan is for 5years, so there should be much more changes need to be done after recent announcement made.

Ringo33
27-09-13, 12:42
Plus the 3rd courseway, PLAB move out :D, many new MRT lines coming too?
The plan is for 5years, so there should be much more changes need to be done after recent announcement made.

PLAB will have to wait for Masterplan 2023.

New MRT line will be announced by LTA and but its possible that they might release 2 separate announcements together. Perhaps the alignment of ERL will be included in the masterplan, not CRL or JRL.

Simi
27-09-13, 12:42
Just saw the Bishan SV brochure. It is possible that the lower selling price than SH is a result of the lower-cost design, i.e. multi-storey carpark vs. underground carpark, more smaller units, local architect etc. While it is cheaper than the SH, it is perhaps becos it is obviously a lower cost product. Still worth a look personally as Bishan is a good location (vs. my place in Kovan). I'm not interested in MM but I think I better be more informed in this type of product.

Btw, hope everyone share opinions/views instead of trying to convince each other. Or at least, stop when you can't. In this way, it is informative for all. There is no right or wrong.

TGIF!!!

One very sensible posting

No point arguing as there is no right or wrong (only probability)
and no point forcing one's view down the throat of another

Like I had posted before this Thread was started by Ringo33
and people can disagree and challenge him and after making your statement heard and if he does not agree then we should move on Or starts another thread

EBD
27-09-13, 13:18
I think you have got it wrong

Praying 5 times a day not equate to reading the Koran 5 times a day !!!

I don't see Muslim carrying their Koran to the Mosque on Friday neither do I see them reading the Koran during daily prayer time.

Simi,
I saw this one and laughed too.
It is common knowledge is the bible is the best selling, most widely translated book in the world. Why anyone would think they are then subsequently not read is a mystery. I suppose you could try and argue that doesn't prove they are read & I suppose it's technically true, but really....... come on, who's buying that line.

You can put up all the links you want all day to show that is true, but a certain someone will not be able help himself. No amount of proof would ever suffice I fear. Certain types have issues.

As for Koran - anyone who knows muslims will also know when they go to pray at a mosque they are not carrying a koran and reading it. Today is Friday. Just watch how many are streaming out of the mosque with the koran in their hands. Seems he has no understanding of the islamic way of life. That's OK, it won't stop him commenting on something he has no clue about.
If you show him endless videos of people going to prayer at a mosque with no koran, not reading a koran etc... it won't change his mind. He needs to be right.

When someone is able to make the argument that buying bible != READING it can then make the argument that praying 5 times a day (no book involved) = READING 5 times a day - you just got to step away from and leave it alone.

There is only one consistent thing I can take from this thread.
A certain someone has to be right no matter where the argument descends to.

Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.

Simi
27-09-13, 13:30
Simi,
It is common knowledge is the bible is the best selling, most widely translated book in the world. Why anyone would think they are then subsequently not read is a mystery. I suppose you could try and argue that doesn't prove they are read & I suppose it's technically true, but really....... come on, who's buying that line.

You can put up all the links you want all day to show that is true, but a certain someone will not be able help himself. No amount of proof would ever suffice I fear. Certain types have issues.

As for Koran - anyone who knows muslims will also know when they go to pray at a mosque they are not carrying a koran and reading it. Today is Friday. Just watch how many are streaming out of the mosque with the koran in their hands. Seems he has no understanding of the islamic way of life. That's OK, it won't stop him commenting on something he has no clue about.
If you show him endless videos of people going to prayer at a mosque with no koran, not reading a koran etc... it won't change his mind. He needs to be right.

When someone is able to make the argument that buying bible != READING it can then make the argument that praying 5 times a day (no book involved) = READING 5 times a day - you just got to step away from and leave it alone.

Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.

Hi EBD

Lets respect each other and we have called it a day on this subject and had since Move ON

Regulator Sir, Ringo Sir and myself have unloaded this bag from our shoulder

Hope you do so also

Cheers !!! :cheers5::cheers5:

Jonathan0503
27-09-13, 13:37
I am replying to an earlier post by someone who is saying SV is more superior that J Gateway despite lower selling price.

The superiority of a project should be measured by the selling price, take up rate, not what what individual think. Market should be allow to speak of itself.

The first but very significant test for JG is that this project is sold out within 1 day at record price even without any major advertisement and promotion. Some here even went as far as saying the success is due to property agents (You know who)

Which mean there are still many keen buyers in the market who are interested in JG, hence anytime a unit is available in the market, rest assure it will be snap up immediately.

But that is only your own speculation and prediction and not supported by facts right?

Has there been any subsale to substantiate that buyer/investor who had bought a unit is able to sell for a decent profit? Which is why I said the superiority (if you are coming from a buyer or investor's point of view) has not been tested yet.

Ringo33
27-09-13, 13:44
Simi,

aiyo, this discussion about gospel is meant to keep the trolls preoccupied, you also want join in?

Ringo33
27-09-13, 13:56
But that is only your own speculation and prediction and not supported by facts right?

Has there been any subsale to substantiate that buyer/investor who had bought a unit is able to sell for a decent profit? Which is why I said the superiority (if you are coming from a buyer or investor's point of view) has not been tested yet.

There are plenty of facts about the potential.

a) You can go to squarefoot.com.sg and find out the supply of MM apartment in the western region

b) You can read about the number of project that are going to TOP in the next 4 to 5 years and also the jobs that are moving into the western region

c) You can check the masterplan on the future supply of housing within JLD.

d) You can check the number of commercial sites within Jurong Gateway that has not be launched by the government.

e) You can check on how many government agencies are currently involved in developing JLD

f) You can check the exiting rental of apartments around JLD and use that as a basis to project the rental of J Gateway, which is right in the heart of all the action

With SSD, dont expect any transaction of J Gateway till TOP. If you want to gauge demand, perhaps you could call up any of the agents who are advertising J Gateway to find out if anyone is selling.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/j-gateway-21670/sale/1

astroboy8681
27-09-13, 13:58
I like the idea of meeting up

but to let you know, I hate your gut and you hate me as much too

i take that as a yes? Mac and you throw in candy floss? please pm me :)
thanks in advance for the treat and i will repay in kind...

you no fun la, become "humji" after i turn into "TDSR"...
others rain on that sore thumb yet he stood firm in the face of adversity (that's the only admirable part about him, other all bs)...
you, YOU???? less said better...

waste my precious time :( wise up so fast.... next time don't "slip-up" again

btw i don't have gut, i have tonnes of guts and an absolutely impeccable gentleman!

Ringo33
27-09-13, 14:00
i take that as a yes? Mac and you throw in candy floss? please pm me :)
thanks in advance for the treat and i will repay in kind...

you no fun la, become "humji" after i turn into "TDSR"...
others rain on that sore thumb yet he stood firm in the face of adversity (that's the only admirable part about him, other all bs)...
you, YOU???? less said better...

waste my precious time :( wise up so fast.... next time don't "slip-up" again

btw i don't have gut, i have tonnes of guts and an absolutely impeccable gentleman!

this is what I call a classic keyboard warrior. TONNES OF GUTS..

Hahaha....what a clown.

astroboy8681
27-09-13, 14:20
this is what I call a classic keyboard warrior. TONNES OF GUTS..

Hahaha....what a clown.

hehe do you know the definition of facts? clearly dimw(it) doesn't...
i have 100+ posts (fact) you have 3000+ posts (fact)

how do you interpret? remember we talking about facts... don't shame yourself further cos there's no pity earned...

Ringo33
27-09-13, 14:23
hehe do you know the definition of facts? clearly dimw(it) doesn't...
i have 100+ posts (fact) you have 3000+ posts (fact)

how do you interpret? remember we talking about facts... don't shame yourself further cos there's no pity earned...

perhaps those "facts" are just none related to property.

Anyway, my hands are trembling liao.

dont want to offend someone with TONNES OF GUTS?

btw, what does tonnes of guts mean? ALL muscle no brain?

astroboy8681
27-09-13, 14:37
perhaps those "facts" are just none related to property.

Anyway, my hands are trembling liao.

dont want to offend someone with TONNES OF GUTS?

btw, what does tonnes of guts mean? ALL muscle no brain?

don't get your drift? anyone does?

the drift we all experience is you being literally shot down in every thread you poke your nose in... (fact)

100+ posts versus 3000+ posts (fact)
J gate MM $ > T3 MM $ (fact)
J gate MM $ > SV MM $ (fact)

please go back to facts or continue be as what your signature suggests...

Ringo33
27-09-13, 14:51

the drift we all experience is you being literally shot down in every thread you poke your nose in... (fact)

That's only less than a handful of something we already know.

Where are the rest of 100. Facts

And what is the point of reporting facts without giving your opinion. Might as well just read newspaper

astroboy8681
27-09-13, 15:03
That's only less than a handful of something we already know.

Where are the rest of 100. Facts

And what is the point of reporting facts without giving your opinion. Might as well just read newspaper

hahahaha you never fail to amuse me... i'm talking facts and facts only, not facts followed by opinion... is there a need? ask yourself... answer's in you

so now are you insinuating newspaper is the most read "book" if it's even one? waahhhaaahhhaaaaaahhahahahahaahahaha *cough *cough

you cherry pick? you practicing ambiguity? for all the 100 over names being labelled on you which is your favorite? or is it time for us to pick? :)

TGIF, what's your plan other than ferociously thumbing away at your keyboard like every other day?

DKSG
27-09-13, 15:17

When Jurong sells more than Bishan and Thomson and Bartley (fact) (fact) (fact), we all know that Jurong buyers have to be BEWARE!

When we have forumers who cannot acknowledge that Bishan is a more superior location than Jurong, readers have to BEWARE!

DKSG

Regulators
27-09-13, 15:45
你 算是什么东西来这里批评新加坡人的英语? 一个王八蛋都比你还要脸,来我们这里赚我们给你 的钱还讲风凉话,你连王八蛋都不如!! KNNBCCB!!!!

"Such an idiot" would be better. If you want to resort to name calling to win arguments, at least resort to right name calling.

By the way, did any of you graduate from university?

greglhc
27-09-13, 15:52
When Jurong sells more than Bishan and Thomson and Bartley (fact) (fact) (fact), we all know that Jurong buyers have to be BEWARE!

When we have forumers who cannot acknowledge that Bishan is a more superior location than Jurong, readers have to BEWARE!

DKSG

Talking about MMs in Bishan and Jurong - both areas are so different.

I "get" the concept that Bishan is (more) superior than Jurong but I believe the reasons are related to living there long term like schools, predominantly residential area so more homely feel, more accessible to city centre.

To me, most of the demand from Bishan would come from the upgraders and pre-existing long term residents which intend to live there i.e. in order to sell the place, probably need to buy a 3 bedder. I don't see much upside for one bedders in Bishan honestly.

Ringo33
27-09-13, 16:19
hahahaha you never fail to amuse me... i'm talking facts and facts only, not facts followed by opinion... is there a need? ask yourself... answer's in you

so now are you insinuating newspaper is the most read "book" if it's even one? waahhhaaahhhaaaaaahhahahahahaahahaha *cough *cough

you cherry pick? you practicing ambiguity? for all the 100 over names being labelled on you which is your favorite? or is it time for us to pick? :)

TGIF, what's your plan other than ferociously thumbing away at your keyboard like every other day?

This is more like it. Just be yourself, flex your guts and muscle if you want, dont need to pretend to talk fact because you are incapable of holding a discussion about facts.

Ringo33
27-09-13, 16:30

DKSG

Yes, beware. the development and transformation of Jurong Lake District is going to pull in huge investment interest and jobs towards the west and price will rise so quick that even places like Bishan is finding it hard to catch up.

When investing in property, always invest in growth region with full of exciting growth stories and new projects instead of buying into residential district build over graveyard, next to Mosque, ITE and 2km from crematorium. Ask yourself, smell of chocolate better or fumes of the dead?

When you have a member in this forum who goes around flip flopping on what he said, you will need to open your eyes wide wide and BEWARE.

If anyone who listened and believe his compelling story to buy the sail, you would have lost 10% of your investment in 2 months. Yes, 10% in 2 months.

BEWARE!!

Regulators
27-09-13, 16:57
If u had bought bishan u would hv sung the same tune for bishan. Till now, jgateway has no proven record of anyone making a decent profit n your rantings aint gonna change anything.
Yes, beware. the development and transformation of Jurong Lake District is going to pull in huge investment interest and jobs towards the west and price will rise so quick that even places like Bishan is finding it hard to catch up.

When investing in property, always invest in growth region with full of exciting growth stories and new projects instead of buying into residential district build over graveyard, next to Mosque, ITE and 2km from crematorium. Ask yourself, smell of chocolate better or fumes of the dead?

When you have a member in this forum who goes around flip flopping on what he said, you will need to open your eyes wide wide and BEWARE.

If anyone who listened and believe his compelling story to buy the sail, you would have lost 10% of your investment in 2 months. Yes, 10% in 2 months.

BEWARE!!

Ringo33
27-09-13, 17:26
If u had bought bishan u would hv sung the same tune for bishan. Till now, jgateway has no proven record of anyone making a decent profit n your rantings aint gonna change anything.

I am still waiting for you to prove the bible is the most read book in the world.

Actually its the Holy Quran; Minimum 3.78 billion times a day it is read.

The truth is anyone can write anything they want here without proof or facts; But when you think about it logically and do the math, then the answer is the Holy Quran, undisputed.

If you think about it the bible is never actually read from cover to cover by most. If you use logical deduction or reasoning, as the Holy Quran is the most memorized book in the world. There are a minimum 5 million of people who have memorized it, thus read it from the first word till the last word. And people do 10s of times in their lifetime cover to cover and roughly once each time during Ramadan.

Thus we can be sure that more people have read the Quran because there are millions who have memorized it. Also as there are roughly 2 billions Christians and roughly 1.4 billion Muslims. From statistics we know that there are more practicing Muslims than christians thus more people reading the quran than the bible. Also the number of Muslims are growing more than the christians, thus more will read the quran than the bible. Thus we can safely assume that the Holy Quran is the clear winner.

Although "Christianity" came 600 years before, if you think about it, the bible was never ever released during the time of Jesus pbuh but a rough estimate by scholars 30 - 60 years after Jesus pbuh. The bible during that time was not easily available like how it is today and not for the common man.

Also there are so many versions of the bible so its not the same book which is being read. There is only one version of the Holy Quran. There might be 1 to 100 English translations but only one Arabic quran.

If you wan't to dispute on the fact that this question does not mean reading the book from cover to cover, but on bits and pieces of it. The holy quran still is the most read book in the world. As there are more practicing Muslims than christians in the world, which is a fact.

Each practicing Muslim prays 5 times a day and that does not include optional prayers which most do anyways. In the 5 times prayer a day the quran is read 27 times minimum.

Just to show that the Quran till the end of the universe will be the most read book. I'm just taking the original Arabic text here not including other language translations

Lets just take the weakest estimate that 10% of Muslims are practicing, which is 140 million. Do the math, 140 million x 27 = 3.78 billion times per day, the Holy Quran is being read.

astroboy8681
27-09-13, 17:39
This is more like it. Just be yourself, flex your guts and muscle if you want, dont need to pretend to talk fact because you are incapable of holding a discussion about facts.

i rest my case, your capability to argue with no rhyme nor reason expose your desperation...

a pinch of salt goes a long way, a barrel of pride can sometimes drown you...

we reap what we sow, i'm beginning to wonder what were your parents thinking then... period

i'll be visiting jurong east IMM this weekend and experience first hand the potential growth of exciting stories and new developments, hope this is consolation on your part :)

tata

Regulators
27-09-13, 17:40
Are u suffering from dementia? You can't read evidence put before you in earlier posts? :doh:

I am still waiting for you to prove the bible is the most read book in the world.

DKSG
27-09-13, 17:41

There is nothing for the Jurong buyers to prove anything for the next 4 years.

The real test is whether PCs in or around Jurong - whether their prices start to escalate and surpass the Jurong PC just sold.

I think we will accept the price appreciation when that happens.

But looking at the current caveat, we can say that the gap is still very very far off.

Maybe if the new Yuan Ching site get sold for $1,9xx psf, we can say that the Jurong buyers make money.

DKSG

DKSG
27-09-13, 17:42
i rest my case, your capability to argue with no rhyme nor reason expose your desperation...

a pinch of salt goes a long way, a barrel of pride can sometimes drown you...

we reap what we sow, i'm beginning to wonder what were your parents thinking then... period

i'll be visiting jurong east IMM this weekend and experience first hand the potential growth of exciting stories and new developments, hope this is consolation on your part :)

tata

Please dont try to visit Jem ... Its a High Risk area now!

DKSG

stalingrad
27-09-13, 17:44
你 算是什么东西来这里批评新加坡人的英语? 一个王八蛋都比你还要脸,来我们这里赚我们给你 的钱还讲风凉话,你连王八蛋都不如!! KNNBCCB!!!!

Man, you have a warped view of the job market. Let me teach you something. Employment is just like any business transaction, and has nothing to do with you pitying me or me doing you a favor. A person is hired because he has the skills that the other party needs and the salary on offer is acceptable to him. So, when foreigners are hired to work in Singapore, it reflects the facts that they possess skills that are needed by Singaporeans, not that Singaporeans are doing them a favor. Thus, please refrain from using expressions such as "we let you come here to make money." That is just stupid and senile.

BTW, what you said can be regarded as expressions to incite hatred against certain group of society. Please refrain from such expressions lest you land yourself in trouble with the police. I can tell you have a hot temper, and I am not the only subjected to your verbal abuse. But please do not step out of line with your vitriolic tongue.

DKSG
27-09-13, 17:46
Are u suffering from dementia? You can't read evidence put before you in earlier posts? :doh:

Suddenly I realised something ...

We are going to get this denial for the next FOUR years ?!

When people start to see Bishan selling for lesser than Jurong - scream ice cream and defend!

When people start to see Thomson selling for lesser than Jurong - scream ice ice cream and defend!

When people start to see Clementi selling for lesser than Jurong - scream, scream scream ice cream and defend!

Okie! Boss go home liao! I also can pack and go home early today!

Who is visiting any showflats (that has MM) that is selling lower than the Jurong $1,6xx-$1,7xx, please post here! F1 over, so maybe this screaming can mimic some effects ...

Aaaaaarrrgghhhhhhh !

DKSG

astroboy8681
27-09-13, 17:51
Please dont try to visit Jem ... Its a High Risk area now!

DKSG

well noted... i will cover my cabrio top when driving in jurong area hahaha

Have a great weekend, everyone (sore thumb inclusive)

DKSG
27-09-13, 17:55
Man, you have a warped view of the job market. Let me teach you something. Employment is just like any business transaction, and has nothing to do you pitying me or me doing you a favor. A person is hired because he has the skills that the other party needs and the salary on offer is acceptable to him. So, when foreigners are hired to work in Singapore, it reflect the facts that they possess skills that are needed by Singaporeans, not that Singaporeans are doing them a favor. Thus, please refrain from using expressions such as "we let you come here to make money." That is just stupid and senile.

BTW, what you said can be regarded as expressions to incite hatred against certain group of the society. Please refrain from such expressions lest you land yourself in trouble with the police.

But across the globe most countries view it the way Regulators sees it.

Like US, with their H1B(whatever) Visa, restrict the number of foreigners working in US. They really see granting Visas to foreigners to work there as doing them a favor.

In the dog-eat-dog world, possessing skills needed by Singapore is seriously just an idealogy. There are bound to be some form of protectionism when it comes to taking care of our own citizens.

Look at it another way, which jobs Singaporeans cannot do ? Seriously not many.

They can always replace an Office Boy like me with someone from another country.

DKSG

august
27-09-13, 17:56
wow this thread so active, whats going on here :D

DKSG
27-09-13, 17:56
well noted... i will cover my cabrio top when driving in jurong area hahaha

Have a great weekend, everyone (sore thumb inclusive)

You have a good weekend too!
And keep us posted of the showflats you visited!

May the force be with you and any Jurong debris be dispelled!

Amitabha...

DKSG

Ringo33
27-09-13, 17:57

nah that just your word. what we are talking about here is the world most READ book, not the world more sold or bought book.

Can you back up what you said with FACTS?

DKSG
27-09-13, 17:57
wow this thread so active, whats going on here :D

Wah! You asking to be bombarded ... you make innocent statements!

Hahaaa!

We are just bored, trying to make full use of office computer before knocking off la !

Have a good weekend!

DKSG

Regulators
27-09-13, 18:11
Good for you that u managed to get someone to interpret those characters. Let me put it very simply to you, there are two groups of foreigners in Singapore, the welcomed n the unwelcomed, n u belong to the latter category. Foreigners that come here knowing their place in our culture n society are welcome, those who come here to criticise our education system etc can simply FO. If u think the company u r working for n our country is do hard up for your service (not referring to other good n decent expat), then u may want to do a simple test. Tender your resignation n see if ur company will collapse without u n our gdp will fall by 1%. If u r trying to insinuate my incitement of xenophobia, then u can save on that coz my comments are reserved for arrogant foreigners like you n the likes of u.

Man, you have a warped view of the job market. Let me teach you something. Employment is just like any business transaction, and has nothing to do with you pitying me or me doing you a favor. A person is hired because he has the skills that the other party needs and the salary on offer is acceptable to him. So, when foreigners are hired to work in Singapore, it reflects the facts that they possess skills that are needed by Singaporeans, not that Singaporeans are doing them a favor. Thus, please refrain from using expressions such as "we let you come here to make money." That is just stupid and senile.

BTW, what you said can be regarded as expressions to incite hatred against certain group of society. Please refrain from such expressions lest you land yourself in trouble with the police. I can tell you have a hot temper, and I am not the only subjected to your verbal abuse. But please do not step out of line with your vitriolic tongue.

stalingrad
27-09-13, 19:49
But across the globe most countries view it the way Regulators sees it.

Like US, with their H1B(whatever) Visa, restrict the number of foreigners working in US. They really see granting Visas to foreigners to work there as doing them a favor.

In the dog-eat-dog world, possessing skills needed by Singapore is seriously just an idealogy. There are bound to be some form of protectionism when it comes to taking care of our own citizens.

Look at it another way, which jobs Singaporeans cannot do ? Seriously not many.

They can always replace an Office Boy like me with someone from another country.

DKSG

Many jobs you Singaporeans cannot do. Do you know that without foreigners with Ph.D. working in your universities, your universities would rank among the worst and soon have to shut down. The same with research institutes. Come on, don't overestimate yourself. As I said before, with your condescending attitude and abusive language against foreigners, it doesn't bode well for the country in the future.

stalingrad
27-09-13, 19:57
Good for you that u managed to get someone to interpret those characters. Let me put it very simply to you, there are two groups of foreigners in Singapore, the welcomed n the unwelcomed, n u belong to the latter category. Foreigners that come here knowing their place in our culture n society are welcome, those who come here to criticise our education system etc can simply FO. If u think the company u r working for n our country is do hard up for your service (not referring to other good n decent expat), then u may want to do a simple test. Tender your resignation n see if ur company will collapse without u n our gdp will fall by 1%. If u r trying to insinuate my incitement of xenophobia, then u can save on that coz my comments are reserved for arrogant foreigners like you n the likes of u.

Why am I arrogant? When someone said "what a idiot" when I just mentioned that "Bishan smelled funny", who is being arrogant? As for one person resigning to cause the whole company to collapse, of course it won't happen. No one is that important. So, you taunt just makes yourself sound silly and boorish. But with your foul month and rotten attitude, it is no wonder Singaporeans prefer to hire foreigners.

Regulators
27-09-13, 20:23
Have you forgotten about how you have been criticising our education system n standard of English all along? Do u walk into someone's house n comment on how they eat their meal or how they should defecate in toilet? If Singaporeans are not a brilliant lot of people, we would not even be where we are today. If you think our education system is that bad, why school ur kids here? If Singaporeans are an unpleasant lot for you to work with , there are so many other countries you can go to so why come here n be our enemy? I hv relations who r foreigners but they are nice n warm people that r not self-assuming n arrogant.

Why am I arrogant? When someone said "what a idiot" when I just mentioned that "Bishan smelled funny", who is being arrogant? As for one person resigning to cause the whole company to collapse, of course it won't happen. No one is that important. So, you taunt just makes yourself sound silly and boorish. But with your foul month and rotten attitude, it is no wonder Singaporeans prefer to hire foreigners.

chilli2
27-09-13, 20:25
Many jobs you Singaporeans cannot do. Do you know that without foreigners with Ph.D. working in your universities, your universities would rank among the worst and soon have to shut down. The same with research institutes. Come on, don't overestimate yourself. As I said before, with your condescending attitude and abusive language against foreigners, it doesn't bode well for the country in the future.

Without foreigners our uni will shut down, where the source or proof? talk is cheap my friend and don't overestimate yourself too :D

stalingrad
27-09-13, 20:27
Without foreigners our uni will shut down, where the source or proof? talk is cheap my friend and don't overestimate yourself too :D

You mean "don't estimate yourself either."

heehee
27-09-13, 20:29
People tell me that only 2nd rate foreigners with PhD come to Singapore. Their first choice is always US but only first rate foreigners are able to get good jobs there. (This statement exclude Citizens & those who are already famous & then come here on super fat expat term & pay to head big organization of at least a few hundreds of people - the engineers & scientists drawing almost a million $ salary are them). What do you have to say about this? You belong to the former or the latter?

Regulators
27-09-13, 20:44
To Stalingrad:

Imo foreigners are an overrated lot. A foreigner can only start comparing apple to apple if the population, land size n resources of their country is comparable to ours. Which country in the western world with our population size, a tiny piece of land n no natural resources can be developed from third to first world in 40 short years? The talent ur country produces in proportion to ur population size is puny n a place like Singapore has a much higher concentration of talented ppl than whichever country u come from in proportion to population size so when u criticise our education system n so on, do ur homework first.

Cyberknight
27-09-13, 20:54
Who live in Bishan? If you don't know, just wait a taxi stand at Orchard at 5pm. A lot of taxis would come with the sign "Bishan only" at the dashboard. They are going home at that time.

Err the taxi base are at sin Ming where many taxi drivers change shift leh. And sin Ming is just next to bishan

stalingrad
27-09-13, 21:03
To Stalingrad:

Imo foreigners are an overrated lot. A foreigner can only start comparing apple to apple if the population, land size n resources of their country is comparable to ours. Which country in the western world with our population size, a tiny piece of land n no natural resources can be developed from third to first world in 40 short years? The talent ur country produces in proportion to ur population size is puny n a place like Singapore has a much higher concentration of talented ppl than whichever country u come from in proportion to population size so when u criticise our education system n so on, do ur homework first.

Well, they are not overrated, unless you are talking about waiters, drivers and menial workers. Most foreigners are here for a reason. If universities don't hire Ph.D., they are worthless from the rating agencies' viewpoint. Few Singaporeans have Ph.D., at least not enough.

No one is criticizing your wonderful schools. I am talking only about the way English is taught at your schools. That is all. The best way to describe how english is taught at your schools is "asking the blind to be the traffic police." The teachers themselves have terrible accents, and write English only themselves can understand. And they are the teachers.

Math is taught very well. So is science. But English standard is horrible. They cannot pronounce certain consonants correctly, including hard "th" and "l". "three" sounds like either "suee" or "dree". "parallel" sounds like "paraliau". Not insulting or anything. Just telling the truth.

teddybear
27-09-13, 21:18
You speak for yourself! Our teacher's command of English is still better than you who is originated from Taiwan and working in Uni here now. Many Uni students told me that those foreign lecturers can't speak good English and hence can't teach properly in Uni. They all prefer those Singaporean lecturers. In fact, any Primary 3 student here can write better in English than you. I have to downgrade my English to write simple English just to communicate with you.

We Singaporean like to speak Singlish among ourselves? Cannnot meh? bo Song? then left Singapore.

Well, they are not overrated, unless you are talking about waiters, drivers and menial workers. Most foreigners are here for a reason. If universities don't hire Ph.D., they are worthless from the rating agencies' viewpoint. Few Singaporeans have Ph.D., at least not enough.

No one is criticizing your wonderful schools. I am talking only about the way English is taught at your schools. That is all. The best way to describe how english is taught at your schools is "asking the blind to be the traffic police." The teachers themselves have terrible accents, and write English only themselves can understand. And they are the teachers.

Math is taught very well. So is science. But English standard is horrible. They cannot pronounce certain consonants correctly, including hard "th" and "l". "three" sounds like either "suee" or "dree". "parallel" sounds like "paraliau".

Regulators
27-09-13, 21:18
If you have the common sense you would know that having a local population of just under 3+million, it is impossible to hv sufficient talents to cater to every sector, not to mention our declining birth rate. If ur country had only 3 million locals, likewise there would be millions of foreigners going to ur country to fill up places in the industries. Only a shallow person would think that just because he is hired in our country, he is highly desirable. In fact the opposite is true as since our country is so small n the world is so big, anyone is easily replaceable in singapore. If u leave our country, there are loads of ppl from all over the world waiting to fill ur job, really no big deal.

Math is taught very well. So is science. But English standard is horrible.

stalingrad
27-09-13, 21:24
If you have the common sense you would know that having a local population of just under 3+million, it is impossible to hv sufficient talents to cater to every sector, not to mention our declining birth rate. If ur country had only 3 million locals, likewise there would be millions of foreigners going to ur country to fill up places in the industries. Only a shallow person would think that just because he is hired in our country, he is highly desirable. In fact the opposite is true as since our country is so small n the world is so big, anyone is easily replaceable in singapore. If u leave our country, there are loads of ppl from all over the world waiting to fill ur job, really no big deal.

Thank whatever you want.

stalingrad
27-09-13, 21:31
You speak for yourself! Our teacher's command of English is still better than you who is originated from Taiwan and working in Uni here now. Many Uni students told me that those foreign lecturers can't speak good English and hence can't teach properly in Uni. They all prefer those Singaporean lecturers. In fact, any Primary 3 student here can write better in English than you. I have to downgrade my English to write simple English just to communicate with you.

We Singaporean like to speak Singlish among ourselves? Cannnot meh? bo Song? then left Singapore.

I don't speak for myself only. By the way, I count so many grammatical errors in your short message that I lost count. You Singaporeans have to decide you want to be understood among yourselves only, or be understood around the world. It is your decision. But many of my students told me that they couldn't be understood overseas even when they tried to speak Queen's English. That tells me there is a problem. Don't be an ostrich. When you have a problem, you have to confront and solve it. Getting abusive to us foreigners is not going to help.

Regulators
27-09-13, 21:48
So maybe you would like to tell me how our local students are able to graduate with first class honours from oxford, cambridge, harvard, yale n all the other American n British ivy league unis if they cant be understood? The top guys heading major industries in Singapore are all schooled in uk or American universities so they get their first class honours without lecturers understanding them? If u want to talk about the ordinary folks on the streets, look at the ordinary folks back in your country first. Why don't you get all the kids in your country to study Chinese in school for 10 years then compete english with our local children. Even in UK, i hv come across local so called native speakers who cant write for nuts in their own language, n what more, english is the only language they know.
I don't speak for myself only. By the way, I count so many grammatical errors in your short message that I lost count. You Singaporeans have to decide you want to be understood among yourselves only, or be understood around the world. It is your decision. But many of my students told me that they couldn't be understood overseas even when they tried to speak Queen's English. That tells me there is a problem. Don't be an ostrich. When you have a problem, you have to confront and solve it. Getting abusive to us foreigners is not going to help.

Regulators
27-09-13, 22:29
I presume u r an educator. I am very surprised that you are unaware that the ability to pronounce the 'th' in the prefix n suffix of words is innate. Most people who are not born with the ability to roll their tongue or have a short tongue cannot pronounce the 'th' sound no matter how hard they try. Good example of a person with short tongue n lousy pronunciation is Jamie Oliver. He is a born n bred British, u think he speaks well? I will probably have to give him a lesson or two on pronunciation.

Math is taught very well. So is science. But English standard is horrible. They cannot pronounce certain consonants correctly, including hard "th" and "l". "three" sounds like either "suee" or "dree". "parallel" sounds like "paraliau". Not insulting or anything. Just telling the truth.

star
27-09-13, 22:54
why keep saying JG MM price is at 16xx?
for JG units 1044-1095sqft, the average price is 1389psf, median is 1400psf

Ya lor. I agree with you too. :)

RCR
28-09-13, 00:51

I've also lost count of so many grammatical errors in your short messages....you are such a joke here.

stalingrad
28-09-13, 07:12
I presume u r an educator. I am very surprised that you are unaware that the ability to pronounce the 'th' in the prefix n suffix of words is innate. Most people who are not born with the ability to roll their tongue or have a short tongue cannot pronounce the 'th' sound no matter how hard they try. Good example of a person with short tongue n lousy pronunciation is Jamie Oliver. He is a born n bred British, u think he speaks well? I will probably have to give him a lesson or two on pronunciation.

I am not linguist, so I don't know what you said is true or not. But I can tell you that before I came to Singapore, I did not know anyone in Canada or the US who could not pronounce hard "th" or "l" correctly. But here, a large number, if not a majority, of locals can't pronounce either correctly. Are there more Singaporeans with a handicap in their tongues than in other countries? Definitely not. The problem is the schools, which propagate or even amplify the problem. Kids learn by imitating. If the teachers can't pronounce words correctly, how can the kids grow up and speak English correctly? And not just pronouncing words incorrectly, the local teachers also use expressions nowhere else used, reflecting how they process information. They process information in Chinese internally, just translating it into English before uttering or committing it to paper. That will not work. What comes out is gibberish to native speakers. Examples abound, such as "Bring homework, I will collect."

walkthetiger
28-09-13, 09:22

Please read The Straits Times, it says, "so many varsities, so few students" as well " Hundreds of teachers in Taiwan may lose jobs…. Many of Taiwan’s 120 universities are struggling to survive… ".

Be grateful to Singapore, as well as to its citizen. Else, you don't belong here, get lost "Delay No More".

Regulators
28-09-13, 09:47
What? If u hv a phd, i suggest u bin it. You mean you dont know that the ability to roll the tongue and how that affects word pronunciation is an innate attribute n u need to be a linguist to know that? This is in our elementary school syllabus under the topic 'From parents to young' n our eleven year olds know that better than u :doh:

I am not linguist, so I don't know what you said is true or not. But I can tell you that before I came to Singapore, I did not know anyone in Canada or the US who could not pronounce hard "th" or "l" correctly. But here, a large number, if not a majority, of locals can't pronounce either correctly. Are there more Singaporeans with a handicap in their tongues than in other countries? Definitely not. The problem is the schools, which propagate or even amplify the problem. Kids learn by imitating. If the teachers can't pronounce words correctly, how can the kids grow up and speak English correctly? And not just pronouncing words incorrectly, the local teachers also use expressions nowhere else used, reflecting how they process information. They process information in Chinese internally, just translating it into English before uttering or committing it to paper. That will not work. What comes out is gibberish to native speakers. Examples abound, such as "Bring homework, I will collect."

stalingrad
28-09-13, 09:56
What? If u hv a phd, i suggest u bin it. You mean you dont know that the ability to roll the tongue and how that affects word pronunciation is an innate attribute n u need to be a linguist to know that? This is in our elementary school syllabus under the topic 'From parents to young' n our eleven year olds know that better than u :doh:

If it is widely known in Singapore and even discussed openly, then I guess this handicap is endemic and unique in Singapore. Then, perhaps only surgery will help you guys speak English clearly. I throw up my hands.

Ringo33
28-09-13, 09:58
Let me give you my 2 cents worth.

Singapore is like a mouse trap for foreigners, once they land here as expat, it make it very difficult for them to leave because they are unable to find anywhere else that is as vibrant cosmopolitan city that is safe convenient and most of all, the low tax restructure and rock solid currency value. Its worst if they have families living with maid.

One the other hands, Singapore population grow in unable to keep up with our economic growth plus with people making so much money in property, for sure there will be the lack of talents because all rich millionaire landlord shaking leg, where got time to be a professors or scientists.

So its a win-win situation for both Singapore and foreigners, dont need to say who needs who, or who is more important etc.

Regulators
28-09-13, 09:59
Taiwanese grads are crap when it comes to English, I remember having to check the English of a masters dissertation for a Taiwanese friend studying M.Ed in UK n 90% of her script had grammatical n sentence construction errors n our elementary level kids can put her to shame in terms of writing standards. The university had the good sense not to pass her dissertation n awarded her only a pistgrad dip for her other substandard coursework.

Please read The Straits Times, it says, "so many varsities, so few students" as well " Hundreds of teachers in Taiwan may lose jobs…. Many of Taiwan’s 120 universities are struggling to survive… ".

Be grateful to Singapore, as well as to its citizen. Else, you don't belong here, get lost "Delay No More".

chestnut
28-09-13, 10:02
If it is widely known in Singapore and even discussed openly, then I guess this handicap is endemic and unique in Singapore. Then, perhaps only surgery will help you guys speak English clearly. I throw up my hands.

Brudder, have u seen the ang mo speak Chinese???? Will they ever master perfection in Chinese???? Many ang mo now want to speak Chinese.... I was in shanghai world expo 2010 and us had a booth... U should listen to the ang mo speak Chinese.... Do we then belittle them for their pronunciation????

Can the Canadians speak Chinese fluently????

Ringo33
28-09-13, 10:02
Taiwanese grads are crap, I remember having to check the English of a masters dissertation for a Taiwanese friend studying M.Ed in UK n 90% of her script had grammatical n sentence construction errors n our elementary level kids can put her to shame in terms of writing standards. The university had the good sense not to pass her dissertation n awarded her only a pistgrad dip for her other substandard coursework.

have you tried speaking with them in mandarin instead?

Dont be a jerk, Taiwanese are more enterprising than Singapore in many ways.

Ringo33
28-09-13, 10:04
When Ng Teng Fong (once the richest man in Singapore) was still around, many of their board meeting are still conducted in hokkien.

Power boh?

k00L
28-09-13, 10:04
Suddenly I realised something ...

We are going to get this denial for the next FOUR years ?!

When people start to see Bishan selling for lesser than Jurong - scream ice cream and defend!

When people start to see Thomson selling for lesser than Jurong - scream ice ice cream and defend!

When people start to see Clementi selling for lesser than Jurong - scream, scream scream ice cream and defend!

Okie! Boss go home liao! I also can pack and go home early today!

Who is visiting any showflats (that has MM) that is selling lower than the Jurong $1,6xx-$1,7xx, please post here! F1 over, so maybe this screaming can mimic some effects ...

Aaaaaarrrgghhhhhhh !

DKSG

For comparative analysis, let see where Jurong stands among the median HDB resale transacted prices - nowhere near the top percentile, in fact Jurongeast is below the 50 percentile.

If you really believe in JLD potential and you have modest means - buy Jurongeast HDB.

If you really believe in JLD potential and you have lots of money - talk to institutional funds to invest in foreign workers dormitories - Jurong has the highest concentration of foreign workers dormitories in Singapore.

Buying Jgateway at 1,7xx psf has very small growth potential - the high psf sticks like a sore thumb among the modest resale HDB, or resale condos in the vicinity.

Town 4-Room
Queenstown $710,000
Bukit Merah $704,000
Toa Payoh $645,000
Bishan $555,000
Clementi $547,500
Kallang/Whampoa $547,500
Geylang $512,500
Punggol $506,000
Sengkang $501,500
Ang Mo Kio $488,000
Tampines $480,000
Serangoon $470,000
Pasir Ris $466,500
Bedok $459,000
Jurong East $455,000
Hougang $451,000
Jurong West $445,000
Bukit Batok $443,000
Sembawang $441,000
Choa Chu Kang $440,000
Bukit Panjang $425,000
Woodlands $422,500
Yishun $416,500

Ringo33
28-09-13, 10:12
You should be looking at pace of growth for hdb aound jld instead of absolute number. If not you might be better off comparing orchard pc to juong . That way you will always be right and convincing.

hopeful
28-09-13, 10:13
When Ng Teng Fong (once the richest man in Singapore) was still around, many of their board meeting are still conducted in hokkien.

Power boh?

hearsay that's because he can only shout vulgarities in hokkien. hearsay there was one time, he swear "fxxk u" in english, people gave him a puzzle look and then started laughing. from then on, only hokkien vulgarities, and only hokkien spoken in board meeting so that no secrets can be spoken in other languages.

family of feo, dont sue me hor. i repeat hearsay only

Regulators
28-09-13, 10:19
Don't make me resort to calling u an idiot. Such innate attributes are universal n it doesn't apply to Singaporeans only. I have come across countless British people who hv short tongue that can't pronounce words clearly. Try speaking to a Scottish with a cockney accent n you probably can't even make out what the hell he is saying but who r we to say their pronunciation is wrong as they have been speaking that way for hundreds of years.

stalingrad
28-09-13, 10:20

I find what you said really interesting. So, it is excusable to not pronounce "th" and "l" correctly because it is an innate disability. Well, how about those who have an innate disability to do math. Are they also forgiven for that innate disability as well in Singapore? Where do you draw the line? No wonder so many kids graduate from high schools and come to our universities unable to communicate clearly. They have all being excused for having these exotic disabilities.

stalingrad
28-09-13, 10:26
Don't make me resort to calling u an idiot. Such innate attributes are universal n it doesn't apply to Singaporeans only. I have come across countless British people who hv short tongue that can't pronounce words clearly. Try speaking to a Scottish with a cockney accent n you probably can't even make out what the hell he is saying but who r we to say their pronunciation is wrong as they have been speaking that way for hundreds of years.

I am not sure whether what you said is true or not. But I don't think the problem is so wide-spread in any other country that they openly discuss it in elementary school syllabi.

stalingrad
28-09-13, 10:32
Brudder, have u seen the ang mo speak Chinese???? Will they ever master perfection in Chinese???? Many ang mo now want to speak Chinese.... I was in shanghai world expo 2010 and us had a booth... U should listen to the ang mo speak Chinese.... Do we then belittle them for their pronunciation????

Can the Canadians speak Chinese fluently????

But have these ang mos spoken Chinese since grade 1? You guys have spoken "English" since Grade 1.

If there is a problem, try to solve it instead of get defensive and abusive when someone points out the problem for you.

Regulators
28-09-13, 10:32
Math is a subject that can be learned, how is Jamie Oliver going to ever pronounce words clearly n crisply even if u gv him a lifetime of training? It is dangerous to generalise as majority of Singaporeans can pronounce words clearly.

I find what you said really interesting. So, it is excusable to not pronounce "th" and "l" correctly because it is an innate disability. Well, how about those who have an innate disability to do math. Are they also forgiven for that innate disability as well in Singapore? Where do you draw the line? No wonder so many kids graduate from high schools and come to our universities unable to communicate clearly. They have all being excused for having these exotic disabilities.

stalingrad
28-09-13, 10:35
Math is a subject that can be learned, how is Jamie Oliver going to ever pronounce words clearly n crisply even if u gv him a lifetime of training? It is dangerous to generalise as majority of Singaporeans can pronounce words clearly.

Many can't because you guys give them so many sorry excuses. I find it interesting that Singapore are adamant that each kid must learn math and science and learn them well. But there are so many sorry excuses when it comes to English. There is no excuse if you don't master your English. You have been speaking it since K1.

stalingrad
28-09-13, 10:41

Math can be learned? A lot of Americans would disagree with that. They should be excused too.

rosnyus
28-09-13, 10:42
Honestly guys, why are you indulging this fella? Just treat him as noise and eventually he goes away (hopefully). So annoying. Biting the hands that feed you.:banghead:

Regulators
28-09-13, 10:53
Try speaking english to a scottish, i dare say the pronunciation of an average educated Singaporean is much clearer n more accurate than them.
Many can't because you guys give them so many sorry excuses. I find it interesting that Singapore are adamant that each kid must learn math and science and learn them well. But there are so many sorry excuses when it comes to English. There is no excuse if you don't master your English. You have been speaking it since K1.

Regulators
28-09-13, 11:14
U mean you are new to American culture? Most of their kids are only interested in sex, drugs n booze, you expect them to gv up their freedom to hv the same culture as asians whereby industry n discipline are the cornerstones to our success? :doh:
Math can be learned? A lot of Americans would disagree with that. They should be excused too.

cheng09
28-09-13, 11:19
Hi all, I am a student from National University of Singapore. Hope you can help me to do a short survey for a study for my report. Its regarding the current status of the property agents from the point of the general public. The link is below. Thank you =)

Just 2 minutes of your time

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yQ7Y2itaqtgkG0GGvvemFXkKndcbFdnKyzWnhxGbVoY/viewform

Regulators
28-09-13, 11:21
You may want to create a separate thread for this
Hi all, I am a student from National University of Singapore. Hope you can help me to do a short survey for a study for my report. Its regarding the current status of the property agents from the point of the general public. The link is below. Thank you =)

Just 2 minutes of your time

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yQ7Y2itaqtgkG0GGvvemFXkKndcbFdnKyzWnhxGbVoY/viewform

LiveYoung
28-09-13, 15:40
Try speaking english to a scottish, i dare say the pronunciation of an average educated Singaporean is much clearer n more accurate than them theirs.
:ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1:

stalingrad
28-09-13, 16:09
:ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1::ashamed1:

You forgot the part "a scottish." He meant "a scot." But he is excused from speaking or writing English correctly. He has a certificate from the government for having a shorter tongue and thicker larnyx, hor.:D:D

Regulators
28-09-13, 16:38
Only a kum gong n bo liao kuku will cme into forum to correct ppl's ingerish. Let lim leh teach u hor, in forum ingerish is to be understooded hor, functional can liao, nobody gv a F about ur queen ingerish or whatever ingerish, if ppl call govt gahmen who gives a F about weder scot is Scottish blar blar blar.....btw if u continue correcting our ingerish u only make yourself llook more kum gong :D

You forgot the part "a scottish." He meant "a scot." But he is excused from speaking or writing English correctly. He has a certificate from the government for having a shorter tongue and thicker larnyx, hor.:D:D

Regulators
28-09-13, 16:55
.............Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Regulators
28-09-13, 17:04
..........zzzzzzzzzz
I am not a linguist, so I don't know if what you said is true or not.

Ringo33
28-09-13, 17:07
Mummy daddy, can we go Jurong..

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6803/bdi1.jpg

Regulators
28-09-13, 17:38
Daddy to Ringo33: Son, are u ok? Something is not right, I better bring u to see a psychiatrist tomorrow. When you recover from your mental condition, I will bring u somewhere away from the factories to play ok?

Ringo33 to daddy: ok daddy, I will not be such an idiot next time.

Mummy daddy, can we go Jurong..

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6803/bdi1.jpg

Ringo33
28-09-13, 17:46
Daddy to Ringo33: Son, are u ok? Something is not right, I better bring u to see a psychiatrist tomorrow. When you recover from your mental condition, I will bring u somewhere away from the factories to play ok?

I know you are under a lot of stress lately, but that doesnt mean could simply label kids as having mental problem just because they want to go visit playground. Perhaps a childless lonely soul like you who spend all night listening to Taylor Swift will never understand or perhaps experience the joy of kids in this life time.

Shame on you!!

Regulators
28-09-13, 17:52
The conversion between u n your father, what has that got to do with other kids lol... that is why I say u r an idiot :doh:

I know you are under a lot of stress lately, but that doesnt mean could simply label kids as having mental problem just because they want to go visit playground. Perhaps a childless lonely soul like you who spend all night listening to Taylor Swift will never understand or perhaps experience the joy of kids in this life time.

Shame on you!!

Ringo33
28-09-13, 17:55
The conversion between u n your father, what has that got to do with other kids lol... that is why I say u r an idiot :doh:

I am directly my comments at YOU only.

A childless lonely soul who listen to heartbreaking song by taylor swift will never understand the importance of playground.

teddybear
28-09-13, 17:57
heehee,
Stalingrad don't dare to reply your question, think you hit the nail on the head! Ouch! :banghead:

Singapore has been trying to attract first-rate foreigners, but despite paying "golden peanuts", we are just getting 2nd-rate or even 3rd-rate foreign monkeys who think they are BIG SHOT and Singapore cannot survive without them! :doh:

By the way, what is PhD? Permanent Head Damage? We don't need more of such people with sanity problems. With so many of such people, no wonder we are seeing so many cases of sex with under-age girls, taking skirts upshot photos, and asking for anal sex etc! They are just beyond hope! :scared-3:

People tell me that only 2nd rate foreigners with PhD come to Singapore. Their first choice is always US but only first rate foreigners are able to get good jobs there. (This statement exclude Citizens & those who are already famous & then come here on super fat expat term & pay to head big organization of at least a few hundreds of people - the engineers & scientists drawing almost a million $ salary are them). What do you have to say about this? You belong to the former or the latter?

Originally Posted by stalingrad http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=433314#post433314)

Regulators
28-09-13, 18:01
We dont need foreigners like Stalingrad in Singapore, high time for him to balik kampong.

heehee,
Stalingrad don't dare to reply your question, think you hit the nail on the head! Ouch! :banghead:

Originally Posted by stalingrad http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=433314#post433314)

DKSG
28-09-13, 20:53
We dont need foreigners like Stalingrad in Singapore, high time for him to balik kampong.

The government is hearing your my friend!
They are slowing the influx down.

Jem is closed for yet another weekend!
So dear readers, please dont try to go Jems, even after it open door again, do let others go and try out first, just in case.
Stay away for a while, there are other nicer places like Orchard Road. Hahaa!

Today's newspaper splashed with Sky Vue and Thomson Three going from (starting $1,350 psf!) ...

Buyers of Jurong MM at $1,6xx, BEWARE! You are buying at higher price than Bishan and Thomson!

DKSG

Ringo33
28-09-13, 21:02

So dear readers, please dont try to go Jems, even after it open door again, do let others go and try out first, just in case.

Today's newspaper splashed with Sky Vue and Thomson Three going from (starting $1,350 psf!) ...

Buyers of Jurong MM at $1,6xx, BEWARE! You are buying at higher price than Bishan and Thomson!

DKSG

Get your number right before posting.

DKSG
28-09-13, 21:13

DKSG

Note : Buyers of Jurong MM at $1,5xx, $1,6xx and more ridiculously, those who paid $1,7xx have to BEWARE! Because you just paid a higher price than Bishan and Thomson. Once you can find the next carrot head to carry the hot potato, grab them! But most carrot heads already choosing Bishan/Thomson lo!

Ringo33
29-09-13, 00:10
Note : Buyers of Jurong MM at $1,5xx, $1,6xx and more ridiculously, those who paid $1,7xx have to BEWARE! Because you just paid a higher price than Bishan and Thomson. Once you can find the next carrot head to carry the hot potato, grab them! But most carrot heads already choosing Bishan/Thomson lo!

You are learning but still not fast enough. MM apartment at J Gateway starts from 14xx to 17xxpsf. As for Carrot head? You might actually fit the bill because you gave me the impression that you have mountain of cash sitting in your back yard.

Like I said before, Bishan is a residential estate build on cemetery ground.
If it excite you, then by all mean go pick up a unit. ALL FART NO SHIT is meaningless (thats according to EBD)

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7099/8hzz.jpg

btw, C is not CONDO.

xebay11
29-09-13, 08:10
Nothing like waking up to the nice smell of BBQ in the mornings.

hopeful
29-09-13, 08:14

it is good that you have started to state Jurong MM at 15xx, 16xx instead of just harping Jurong MM at 17xx.

please refer to this
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=433564&postcount=251
MM at bishan higher price.
only 27th floor, selling at 1745psf. i wonder the pricing of the higher floors.
the price difference is 15000 per floor, it works out to be $30psf difference.
if 33th floor, then selling is 1925psf. :scared-5:. so much higher than JG.
The Natural Balance has been restored. Bishan price higher than Jurong price since Bishan is a superior location.

I think I know how your script works. before u said it, I say it for you.
SV launched units not sold out 100%.
for SV not to be sold out, it means SV is over-priced. if SV is over-priced. it means JG is even more over-priced since Bishan is a superior location.

if launched units sold out 100%. it means SV is underpriced. if SV is underpriced, it means JG is over-priced since Bishan is a superior location.

in either cases, JG is over-priced since Bishan is a superior location. :rolleyes:

amk
29-09-13, 11:14
hopeful, just to have some fun with you. :)
The reason you can come to the same conclusion either way is simple.
In mathematics terms, "bishan is a superior location" is a theorem. Any corollary coming out of this theorem, will always be true, as long as the theorem is true.

So all your arguments should focus on the theorem itself not the corollary.

phantom_opera
29-09-13, 11:31
nowadays bto can start at 400k 3rd floor to 500k 19th floor so price diff btn floors do matter

Ringo33
29-09-13, 11:55
In mathematics terms, "bishan is a superior location" is a theorem. Any corollary coming out of this theorem, will always be true, as long as the theorem is true.

You are forgetting bishan was a cemetery and this theorem would not have existed if not for government redevelopment effort. And we are talking about only 20 to 30 years ago.

So now that the same government is embarking on a larger and more comprehesive redevelopment plan to transform JLD into the largest commercial and leisure destination hub, do you have reason to believe that the outcome will be anything less than bishan

Ringo33
29-09-13, 12:07
You are forgetting bishan was a cemetery and this theorem would not have existed if not for government redevelopment effort. And we are talking about only 20 to 30 years ago.

So now that the same government is embarking on a larger and more comprehesive redevelopment plan to transform JLD into the largest commercial and leisure destination hub, do you have reason to believe that the outcome will be anything less than bishan

Correction . Largest outside CBD

k00L
29-09-13, 12:17
Nothing like waking up to the nice smell of BBQ in the mornings.

do you mean the flaring in jurong island?
sulphur dioxide is odourless btw

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/4429249249_7cc11ba27c_b.jpg

lajia
29-09-13, 12:22
picture taken from tanjong pagar right??? I have seen it...:D

k00L
29-09-13, 12:26
Petrochemical refineries in Jurong account for 71% of sulphur dioxide pollution in Singapore (NEA website http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution)

Flaring

Flaring is the practice of burning gas that is deemed uneconomical to collect and sell. Flaring is also used to burn gases that would otherwise present a safety problem. It is common to flare natural gas that contains hydrogen sulfide (i.e., sour gas), in order to convert the highly toxic hydrogen sulfide gas into less toxic compounds.

Flares emit a host of air pollutants, depending on the chemical composition of the gas being burned and the efficiency and temperature of the flare. Flaring results in hydrogen sulfide emissions if hydrogen sulfide is present in large enough amounts in the natural gas. There may also be additional by-products formed if some of the chemicals used during the drilling or hydraulic fracturing process are converted to a gaseous form and are burned along with the natural gas.

lajia
29-09-13, 12:32
for those ignorant ppl who do not like jurong, nobody wants you to change your view.

can you now see where has the highest concentration of SO2??? Central, South & East, FYI. Extracted below are facts...This will hopefully put a stop to all those nonsense about west having a lot of smell, unhealthy to stay there and so on. So, CCR and EAST, unhealthy to stay there? :scared-5:

24-h Sulphur Dioxide (µg/m3) Readings on 29 Sep 2013

Time 12AM 1AM 2AM 3AM 4AM 5AM 6AM 7AM 8AM 9AM 10AM 11AM
North 16(10) 16(10) 15(10) 15(9) 15(9) 14(9) 14(9) 14(9) 14(8) 13(8) 13(8) 12(7)

South 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 28(18) 28(17) 27(17) 27(17) 24(15) 21(13)

East 22(14) 22(14) 22(14) 23(14) 23(14) 23(14) 23(14) 22(14) 22(14) 21(13) 19(12) 17(10)

West 23(14) 22(14) 20(13) 19(12) 17(11) 17(10) 16(10) 16(10) 15(10) 15(10) 15(9) 15(9)

Central 34(21) 34(21) 33(21) 33(21) 34(21) 34(21) 33(21) 33(21) 33(20) 32(20) 31(20) 27(17)

- See more at: http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution/psi/pollutant-concentrations#sthash.fEw1QW2m.dpuf

chestnut
29-09-13, 12:35
Can u go into the site Lajia put in

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution/psi/pollutant-concentrations

For sulphur dioxide, which region has the highest?????

Petrochemical refineries in Jurong account for 71% of sulphur dioxide pollution in Singapore (NEA website http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution)

Flaring

Flaring is the practice of burning gas that is deemed uneconomical to collect and sell. Flaring is also used to burn gases that would otherwise present a safety problem. It is common to flare natural gas that contains hydrogen sulfide (i.e., sour gas), in order to convert the highly toxic hydrogen sulfide gas into less toxic compounds.

Flares emit a host of air pollutants, depending on the chemical composition of the gas being burned and the efficiency and temperature of the flare. Flaring results in hydrogen sulfide emissions if hydrogen sulfide is present in large enough amounts in the natural gas. There may also be additional by-products formed if some of the chemicals used during the drilling or hydraulic fracturing process are converted to a gaseous form and are burned along with the natural gas.

heehee
29-09-13, 14:28
Petrochemical & chemical plants release much more harmful chemicals than SO2, some odorless & not captured in pollution index. I know those very well & giving this as a warming to you all here, in case you don't know.

for those ignorant ppl who do not like jurong, nobody wants you to change your view.

can you now see where has the highest concentration of SO2??? Central, South & East, FYI. Extracted below are facts...This will hopefully put a stop to all those nonsense about west having a lot of smell, unhealthy to stay there and so on. So, CCR and EAST, unhealthy to stay there? :scared-5:

24-h Sulphur Dioxide (µg/m3) Readings on 29 Sep 2013

Time 12AM 1AM 2AM 3AM 4AM 5AM 6AM 7AM 8AM 9AM 10AM 11AM
North 16(10) 16(10) 15(10) 15(9) 15(9) 14(9) 14(9) 14(9) 14(8) 13(8) 13(8) 12(7)

South 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 29(18) 28(18) 28(17) 27(17) 27(17) 24(15) 21(13)

East 22(14) 22(14) 22(14) 23(14) 23(14) 23(14) 23(14) 22(14) 22(14) 21(13) 19(12) 17(10)

West 23(14) 22(14) 20(13) 19(12) 17(11) 17(10) 16(10) 16(10) 15(10) 15(10) 15(9) 15(9)

Central 34(21) 34(21) 33(21) 33(21) 34(21) 34(21) 33(21) 33(21) 33(20) 32(20) 31(20) 27(17)

- See more at: http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution/psi/pollutant-concentrations#sthash.fEw1QW2m.dpuf

DC33_2008
29-09-13, 15:13
Check out the soot level over there of size 1 micron and smaller.

chestnut
29-09-13, 15:39
How close is sentosa to jurong island??? How close is tanjong pagar to jurong island??? How close is marina to jurong island????

Oops forgot bukom....

The flames u see are from bukom...

Check the distance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Bukom

DC33_2008
29-09-13, 15:44
It is not use the distance. It is the prevailing wind direction. Did you observe the haze? We are sometime spared as it has gone to malacca, kl and even Penang.
How close is sentosa to jurong island??? How close is tanjong pagar to jurong island??? How close is marina to jurong island????

Oops forgot bukom....

chestnut
29-09-13, 15:48
It is not use the distance. It is the prevailing wind direction. Did you observe the haze. We are sometime spared and it has gone to malacca, kl and even Penang.

Bro, if the wind blows towards sentosa or tanjong pagar, south will kanna...

So for bukom.... If it is northwards. Southern side of Singapore will kanna...

That's why u can see e flames from tanjong pagar....

chestnut
29-09-13, 15:54
http://windalert.com/wind/spot/16105

The wind does not blow in 1 direction....

S the distance from bukom matters... If it is near and the nd blows that direction, sentosa will get the soot... If it blows towards tanjong pagar, it will get the soot... If it blows towards jurong, jurong will get it...

It is proven with the haze from indo...

lajia
29-09-13, 15:55
bro, exactly the point....it is not always west, or south or wherever that will get the high concentration, rather, it depends a lot on the wind direction, some ppl just dont get it. i already point them to the fact and now i have this guy who say there is some other things more dreadful that cant be seen.....

heehee, i suppose it might be good to bring it up to national level for the benefits of all singaporean or just write to forum, not this forum of course....then im sure someone will reply to this. whole sg will some how get it depending on wind direction...

Bro, if the wind blows towards sentosa or tanjong pagar, south will kanna...

So for bukom.... If it is northwards. Southern side of Singapore will kanna...

That's why u can see e flames from tanjong pagar....

DC33_2008
29-09-13, 16:34
Prevailing wind direction is North - northeast direction, and south - southwest direction. The best is to stay away from these sources of pollution. :D

xebay11
29-09-13, 16:35
:tsk-tsk:

What about pollution from ships anchored offshore in the East?

chestnut
29-09-13, 16:39
:tsk-tsk:

What about pollution from ships anchored offshore in the East?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_shipping#Exhaust_emissions

DC33_2008
29-09-13, 16:57
A friend staying near the ECP can smell the fumes from the ship. U can also check with professors at nus on smell of exhaust fm the oil refinery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_shipping#Exhaust_emissions

chestnut
29-09-13, 18:28
A friend staying near the ECP can smell the fumes from the ship. U can also check with professors at nus on smell of exhaust fm the oil refinery.

My banker from marina can smell both fumes from ship and exhaust. The professors - how old are they???? Maybe can ask Stalingrad if he smell fumes???

Honest lar, if it is so harmful, would Singaporeans send their kids to NUS????
Would the doctors and nurses work at NUH??? Where they will spend 1/2 their lives their and most probably die by 40?????

Did u check how near sentosa, marina and tanjong pagar is to bukom????

The worst pollution is car pollution.... So please don't stay in area where there is always a traffic jam... :)

Regulators
29-09-13, 19:44
In jurong, there is never a day u don't smell something in the air no matter how high up u stay. Petrochemical n chocolate factories take turns to pollute the air or at the same time. In other parts of Singapore , you don't smell industrial pollutants everyday.

My banker from marina can smell both fumes from ship and exhaust. The professors - how old are they???? Maybe can ask Stalingrad if he smell fumes???

Would the doctors and nurses work at NUH??? Where they will spend 1/2 their lives their and most probably die by 40?????

The worst pollution is car pollution.... So please don't stay in area where there is always a traffic jam... :)

stalingrad
29-09-13, 19:51
In jurong, there is never a day u don't smell something in the air no matter how high up u stay. Petrochemical n chocolate factories take turns to pollute the air or at the same time. In other parts of Singapore , you don't smell industrial pollutants everyday.

I don't live at Jurong. I live at West Coast. I smell nothing either at work or at home. I can see the flare-ups at Jurong Island from my office on the 7th floor. I have a sea view, or rather rusty tanker view. But I don't smell anything funny.

xebay11
29-09-13, 20:17

Makes the pollution at Jurong non-issue.

lajia
29-09-13, 20:37
seems like you stay in jurong...better report mata, i think your neighbour is farting a lot in your direction ...:p

didn't u see the fact on PSI?

stalingrad
29-09-13, 20:40
seems like you stay in jurong...better report mata, i think your neighbour is farting a lot in your direction ...:p

That is a good one. :D

DC33_2008
29-09-13, 21:05
Stralingrad can ask those professors staying at kentvale facing the sea or ask the engineering or school of design colleagues. Prefer to stay away from major roads and expressway, and quiet too.

chestnut
29-09-13, 21:13
Stralingrad can ask those professors staying at kentvale facing the sea or ask the engineering or school of design colleagues. Prefer to stay away from major roads and expressway, and quiet too.

I think when I retire, will travel and stay in NZ, pattaya beach, Kuantan, borocay, etc.... Come back singapore and stay 2 weeks every month... Hopefully can tahan... Cheers

lajia
29-09-13, 21:25
the regular 11hrs flight to NZ will neutral whatever relax life u have...haha...think twice...:p

u want to relax, take a boat ride to batam and be a king there :2cents:

I think when I retire, will travel and stay in NZ, pattaya beach, Kuantan, borocay, etc.... Come back singapore and stay 2 weeks every month... Hopefully can tahan... Cheers

teddybear
29-09-13, 21:53
Reply to questions:
1) It is a fact that SO2, CO, etc are much higher in the West, the main source of generation. As to the PSI index, it very much depends on where is the sensor, and anyway it does not capture the effects of all the harmful chemicals being generated by the heavy industries in the West. May be the West PSI sensor is located in the middle of Chinese Garden, hence not so sensitive? If they locate it next to the "chimney" performing the flaring, then the measured figure will be vastly many tens of times higher!

2) All these chemicals may spread because of wind direction, but the concentration will reduces with distance, and also because already cleansed by people living in the West, all thanks to the many people who choose to live in the West who will help to cleanse alway all these harmful toxic and poisonous gas so that by the time they travelled more than say 10km away, they would be too diluted to be of much harmful effect right? :p

3) Students study in NUS? They study there all their lives mah? Obviously not right? If you study there for 3-4 years, and only there on weekdays say 8 hours a day and you don't live there, not so harmful as compared to people who live there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, over 10-40 years right? Also NUS not exactly near the "Chimneys". The nearer you are, the more danger you will be exposed to... Common sense isn't it?

4) Yes, you are right, car pollution is bad! Didn't you see the article I quoted previously in Chinese "住八楼以上早死风险少22%", a research done in UK where if you live in the city above 8th level, your chance of early death reduces by 22%? So, better live on higher levels than on low levels in the city, or rather, everywhere in Singapore!
However, this research cannot apply to Jurong because of the flaring, where even if you live on 30th level in Jurong, you are even nearer to the flaring point (in terms of height) and chance of you dying younger is so much higher because of all those chemicals being released in heavy concentration at that point and reaching you in higher concentration because of your height while being nearby in Jurong! :banghead:

hopeful
29-09-13, 22:19
actually, people staying/working in Jurong Island is the safest.
those harmful emission are from tall chimneys.
the hot air (and particulates) rises up in the atmosphere first before settling down on Singapore mainland :)

lajia
29-09-13, 22:29
bro, no need to say with these people....show them where they can see the fact, they now even blame where nea place the sensors....hahaha....really....:rolleyes:

the hot air (and particulates) rises up in the atmosphere first before settling down on Singapore mainland :)

chestnut
29-09-13, 22:30

HAHAHAHAHAHA... Good one... That's why when we play golf and you are n the green, the safest place is at the pin.... Because most golfers aim at the pin but cannot get it near....

So when on par 3 and the flight call hole, just stand next to the pin.... It is e safest....

Regulators
29-09-13, 22:39
Huh? I stay in jurong? U can go n book an appointment at ENT n IMH tmr :doh: :doh:

teddybear
29-09-13, 23:04
You probably read too much of 古龙 story, just like he likes to portray "the most dangerous place is actually the safest place to hide" in his story! :p

Or you are just being sarcastic to those people who say Jurong is the best place to live in right now? :rolleyes:

Ringo33
29-09-13, 23:19
I know of many tow kays living in GCB also have to travel to the western region every morning because that is where their factories are located.
If those Towkay living GCB doesnt mind, then peasant like PC owners shouldnt be KPKBing right?

DKSG
29-09-13, 23:33
I know of many tow kays living in GCB also have to travel to the western region every morning because that is where their factories are located.
If those Towkay living GCB doesnt mind, then peasant like PC owners shouldnt be KPKBing right?

You got it right !

Towkays travel to the west because of their factories. They themselves DONT live in the west. Got it ?

If the west is neutral, these TKs would chosen to live in the west and no need to travel so far. As these TKs if they get a choice to move their factories to Bishan or Thomson at the same price, will they move or not? They immediately pack up and leave the west.

I find it strange that people can dispute that the west's air quality is not inferior. If your downstairs neighbour cook curry, do you think you smell it first and stronger compared to people 10 blocks away ? If you have been to Jurong island and see what kinda emissions are happening there, I think you will understand.

Anyway, BEWARE! Sky Vue sold more than 500 units by the end of TODAY!

DKSG

Ringo33
29-09-13, 23:49
You got it right !

Towkays travel to the west because of their factories. They themselves DONT live in the west. Got it ?

If the west is neutral, these TKs would chosen to live in the west and no need to travel so far. As these TKs if they get a choice to move their factories to Bishan or Thomson at the same price, will they move or not? They immediately pack up and leave the west.

I find it strange that people can dispute that the west's air quality is not inferior. If your downstairs neighbour cook curry, do you think you smell it first and stronger compared to people 10 blocks away ? If you have been to Jurong island and see what kinda emissions are happening there, I think you will understand.

DKSG

The last time I read, the crematorium actually release high level of toxic fumes every time a body goes up in smoke. IIRC the distant from SV and SH, to these crematorium is only around 1.6km to 2km and there are actually 2 privately operation crematorium in that area. So the question is, why are you spending so much time talking about jurong air quality, while make no comment about the fumes from crematorium?

As far as towkay is concerned, many of them actually do live in the western region, so I am not sure why are you making so much noise here. If you are referring to Towkay living in GCB, isnt that a very dumb question to ask because we all know the GCB are only located in certain part of Singapore and they dont make up all the tow kay who own factories in Jurong.

hopeful
30-09-13, 02:30
You got it right !

they dont live in the west is not by choice le.

u can check URA landed areas housing plan.
there are no landed areas in tuas, pioneer, boon lay, jurong island, jurong east.
the nearest one is in Jurong West, which have 3 areas, miserable small ones at that. at jurong west street, jurong west avenue, corporation rd.

if URA dont allocate GCB or even basic landed areas in Tua, Pioneer, Boon Lay, Jurong Island, how can they stay there?
dont tell me the bosses build bungalow on industrial land, later they kena asked to demolish. How like dat?

stalingrad
30-09-13, 08:31

I used to live in Kent Vale, and moved out three years ago. Kent Vale is nice and quiet, whether you face the sea or Clementi Road. We heard no noise from AYE.

And it is true. You stop listening to fanatics like Teddy, who have lost millions by sticking to his outdated belief that people still work or shop at Orchard. Jurong is fine except it is too crowded now. Jurong Point is now a sea of people. We prefer to stay home.

k00L
30-09-13, 08:59
they dont live in the west is not by choice le.

u can check URA landed areas housing plan.
there are no landed areas in tuas, pioneer, boon lay, jurong island, jurong east.
the nearest one is in Jurong West, which have 3 areas, miserable small ones at that. at jurong west street, jurong west avenue, corporation rd.

if URA dont allocate GCB or even basic landed areas in Tua, Pioneer, Boon Lay, Jurong Island, how can they stay there?
dont tell me the bosses build bungalow on industrial land, later they kena asked to demolish. How like dat?

With highest concentration of foreign workers dormitories, heavy industrial factories, petrochemical plants, it is no wonder towkays choose to live in landed outside Jurong. URA planners know it - GCB in jurong is an oxymoron

Likewise, even with hype of JLD, resale HDB flats in jurong are never as pricey as ones in bishan, toapayoh, redhill - $1m jurong hdb flat is an oxymoron

Likewise for jgateway at max 17xx psf.

hopeful
30-09-13, 09:30
With highest concentration of foreign workers dormitories, heavy industrial factories, petrochemical plants, it is no wonder towkays choose to live in landed outside Jurong. URA planners know it - GCB in jurong is an oxymoron

Likewise, even with hype of JLD, resale HDB flats in jurong are never as pricey as ones in bishan, toapayoh, redhill - $1m jurong hdb flat is an oxymoron

URA decided it for them by not having GCB or even landed area in Tuas.
the towkays were not given a choice. period.

your comment "resale HDB flats in jurong are never as pricey as ones in bishan, toapayoh, redhill" has no bearing on the lack of GCBs/landed in Tuas.
I never say anything about GCBs in Tuas more expensive than the ones in D9,D10,D11. But at least the towkays would have a choice isnt it whether to stay in D9,D10,D11 (no seaview) or in Tuas (seaview).

GCBs in Tuas with spectacular sea views and sea frontage would be spectacular success. shame on URA for lack of forward vision.

DC33_2008
30-09-13, 09:32
Some of them staying there had problem had soot on their balcony after a day. You can probably smell it this morning unless you are already used to it.
I used to live in Kent Vale, and moved out three years ago. Kent Vale is nice and quiet, whether you face the sea or Clementi Road. We heard no noise from AYE.

And it is true. You stop listening to fanatics like Teddy, who have lost millions by sticking to his outdated belief that people still work or shop at Orchard. Jurong is fine except it is too crowded now. Jurong Point is now a sea of people. We prefer to stay home.

chestnut
30-09-13, 09:43
Some of them staying there had problem had soot on their balcony after a day. You can probably smell it this morning unless you are already used to it.

Bro, that was during the haze period lar....

You should make a visit to West Coast Park.... Labrador Park....

Go to Varsity Park Condo, etc....

Bro, I used to stay at D13, Tai Tong Cresent... It was facing main road and the road noise and pollution was deposited into the house... The blocks have since been torn down... I think you know where I am talking about (opposite Sin Leong Restaurant).... That place is convenient but you must get the units inside... One thing I learnt, dont buy units facing directly main road... The noise and air pollution is a nite mare...

Ringo33
30-09-13, 09:49

I have already said that there are many tow kays who own factories in the west and living in the west. What we said earlier about tow kay living in GCBs only make up a small numbers of the towkays working in the west and if you dont know that is only use as an example to show even the very rich tow kay living in GCB are fine with working in the west breathing jurong air. So please dont paraphrase it to become towkay only live in GCBs.

There is no point comparing which HDB estate is the priciest because what investors should be looking at is the rate of growth as this will mean how fast you are growing your money.

DKSG
30-09-13, 09:57
I have already said that there are many tow kays who own factories in the west and living in the west. What we said earlier about tow kay living in GCBs only make up a small numbers of the towkays working in the west and if you dont know that is only use as an example to show even the very rich tow kay living in GCB are fine with working in the west breathing jurong air. So please dont paraphrase it to become towkay only live in GCBs.

There is no point comparing which HDB estate is the priciest because what investors should be looking at is the rate of growth as this will mean how fast you are growing your money.

That is what we are trying to tell readers. Jurong has grown finished already. Near max. From the $680 psf to the now $1,6xx-$1,7xx psf.

Those who bought at sub thousand psf can see their property value grow to the the $1,8xx psf in the future when the whole JLD is fully developed.

Those who buy near $1,8xx psf ... can see very minimal increase.

But I can accept if you claim that Jurong will hit $2,000 psf. It is your view. But you cannot ignore what other locations are superior to Jurong, like Bishan.

Can you accept if someone tell you that Novena is a better location than Orchard ? Put it another way, if someone tell you Iskandar property price should be higher or the same or even 10% (only) lower than Jurong, you think this is right ?

DKSG

Wild Falcon
30-09-13, 10:08
Don't think the Sky Vue and Thomson 3 crowd is anywhere near towkay. Units are tiny, 99LH, just beside HDB flats in HDB enclave and near funeral parlours and only 2 crematorium. You must living in delusion.

Actually if u follow the PSI index during the haze period, suddenly it becomes clear the entire Singapore PSI index and very close. And in fact when it comes to the MOST DANGEROUS PM 2.5, the east has the highest concentration most of the time. And the north where Bishan is sometimes is worse than the west. So all this nonsense about the air quality is bad does not hold water. Singapore is too small. Even Indonesia air and blow here. No where can be worse than a place dedicated for burning dead bodies daily right beside you like Thomson 3. think about it.

Sky Vue sells well, but no matter what it is an upgrader condo in a midst of HDB estate and most buyers are young HDB upgraders as quantum is low and units small. It is not where towkay buys. Just face it.

You got it right !

DKSG

DC33_2008
30-09-13, 10:09
It was not during the haze period. It is always wise not to stay facing major roads and worst is infront of bus-stop or or near bus terminals. One either stay low-rise (ie landed) in a estate or stay highrise not facing majors roads or expresssways. Noise and air pollution can be a real problem.
Bro, that was during the haze period lar....

You should make a visit to West Coast Park.... Labrador Park....

Go to Varsity Park Condo, etc....

Bro, I used to stay at D13, Tai Tong Cresent... It was facing main road and the road noise and pollution was deposited into the house... The blocks have since been torn down... I think you know where I am talking about (opposite Sin Leong Restaurant).... That place is convenient but you must get the units inside... One thing I learnt, dont buy units facing directly main road... The noise and air pollution is a nite mare...

stalingrad
30-09-13, 10:12

No, you never get used to it. Yes, I smelled it this morning. My wife shut the balcony door and turned on the air purifier. But when you smell burning, it is usually from Indo and no one can escape that unless you move to another country.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 10:21
That is what we are trying to tell readers. Jurong has grown finished already. Near max. From the $680 psf to the now $1,6xx-$1,7xx psf.

Those who bought at sub thousand psf can see their property value grow to the the $1,8xx psf in the future when the whole JLD is fully developed.

Those who buy near $1,8xx psf ... can see very minimal increase.

But I can accept if you claim that Jurong will hit $2,000 psf. It is your view. But you cannot ignore what other locations are superior to Jurong, like Bishan.

Can you accept if someone tell you that Novena is a better location than Orchard ? Put it another way, if someone tell you Iskandar property price should be higher or the same or even 10% (only) lower than Jurong, you think this is right ?

DKSG

2 months back, after the launch of J Gateway, you proudly claimed that Jurong residents will start to take profit and then "upgrade" to property closer to city and that property prices from Jurong to Orchard will rise.

about 1 month ago, you said that The Sail at $2000psf is a bargain and you are compelled to pick up a unit. Fast forward today, you are saying the same property is now a bargain only at $18xx psf.

And not too long ago, you are saying the JLD potential is fully priced in and its time to look at PLAB without having a clue of what is government plan for the site Perhaps thats the reason why you are unable to tell us where exactly around PLAB should you invest. I hope you are not trying to just make a simple statement and then 10 years later, you come back to tell us, YOU SEE I TOLD YOU ABOUT PLAB 10 YEARS AGO.

Perhaps you should take time off from talking so much and spend more time reviewing what you have said in the past 2 months. And also count the number of times you have been using distorted information intentionally for self interest.

DC33_2008
30-09-13, 10:22
It is either from Bukom and/or Jurong Island. You can see the flaring.
No, you never get used to it. Yes, I smelled it this morning. My wife shut the balcony door and turned on the air purifier. But when you smell burning, it is usually from Indo and no one can escape that unless you move to another country.

DKSG
30-09-13, 10:26
Don't think the Sky Vue and Thomson 3 crowd is anywhere near towkay. Units are tiny, 99LH, just beside HDB flats in HDB enclave and near funeral parlours and only 2 crematorium. You must living in delusion.

Actually if u follow the PSI index during the haze period, suddenly it becomes clear the entire Singapore PSI index and very close. And in fact when it comes to the MOST DANGEROUS PM 2.5, the east has the highest concentration most of the time. And the north where Bishan is sometimes is worse than the west. So all this nonsense about the air quality is bad does not hold water. Singapore is too small. Even Indonesia air and blow here. No where can be worse than a place dedicated for burning dead bodies daily right beside you like Thomson 3. think about it.

Sky Vue sells well, but no matter what it is an upgrader condo in a midst of HDB estate and most buyers are young HDB upgraders as quantum is low and units small. It is not where towkay buys. Just face it.

Apologies if I gave the impression that the crowd in SV are towkays. This is certainly not true. SV is an upgrader project meant to attract the younger generation who grew up in smaller apartments.

My point is : SV and Jurong PC selling for nearly the same price. Just that. A fact.

DKSG

DKSG
30-09-13, 10:27
2 months back, after the launch of J Gateway, you proudly claimed that Jurong residents will start to take profit and then "upgrade" to property closer to city and that property prices from Jurong to Orchard will rise.

about 1 month ago, you said that The Sail at $2000psf is a bargain and you are compelled to pick up a unit. Fast forward today, you are saying the same property is now a bargain only at $18xx psf.

And not too long ago, you are saying the JLD potential is fully priced in and its time to look at PLAB without having a clue of what is government plan for the site Perhaps thats the reason why you are unable to tell us where exactly around PLAB should you invest. I hope you are not trying to just make a simple statement and then 10 years later, you come back to tell us, YOU SEE I TOLD YOU ABOUT PLAB 10 YEARS AGO.

Perhaps you should take time off from talking so much and spend more time reviewing what you have said in the past 2 months. And also count the number of times you have been using distorted information intentionally for self interest.

Fast and simple.

Jurong MM sold for $1,6xx psf.
Bishan MM sold for $1,5xx psf.

Thats all I wanted to say, nothing else.

DKSG

Ringo33
30-09-13, 10:34
Fast and simple.

DKSG

Correction.

Its misleading to say Jurong MM because in jurong there are 3 development that has MM. If you are referring to J Gateway, I do understand the price starts from 14xx to 17xxpsf, so I am just curious how did you get $16xxpsf. Is that the average price of MM in J Gateway or did y just pluck a figure as per your liking?

Then again, what is the point of comparing Bishan SV to J Gateway?

hopeful
30-09-13, 10:41
Fast and simple.

DKSG

if you want to compare, get the data for Jurong MM 27th floor and below. SV only launched 27th floor and below le.

how do you explain that SV is not sold out of the launched units, cheaper price, superior location?

and newspaper report only 430 units sold over weekend versus your claimed of 500+ units. which is correct?

hopeful
30-09-13, 10:46
Correction.

Its misleading to say Jurong MM because in jurong there are 3 development that has MM. If you are referring to J Gateway, I do understand the price starts from 14xx to 17xxpsf, so I am just curious how did you get $16xxpsf. Is that the average price of MM in J Gateway or did y just pluck a figure as per your liking?

Then again, what is the point of comparing Bishan SV to J Gateway?

DKSG is just cherry picking the data.
can copy paste all the caveats lodged from squarefoot.
this is what i get
for JG units 1044-1095sqft, the average price is 1389psf, median is 1400psf.

my average figures is derived from (sum of prices) / (sum of areas)
anybody got time to proof me wrong?

mermaid
30-09-13, 10:58
this is what i get

u dun get it.

so wat if Jurong mm median prices is $1568psf?

the most important point is tat ppl r getting other better deals at < $1500, <$1400 etc.

& the crucial point is they hv a much more superior location den Jurong.

Rosy
30-09-13, 11:03
u dun get it.

the most important point is tat ppl r getting other better deals at < $1500, <$1400 etc.

Need to compare similar size/quantum and also among new launches. Can leave out the debate between resale and new launch.

Imo bishan is not better located than jurong east in terms of investment. I would believe jg has better rental potential.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 11:04
u dun get it.

When SV and J Gateway TOP in about 2 to 3 years time, which project do you think will have higher rental yield and capital gain?

hopeful
30-09-13, 11:16

why u so like dat? i dont much about mathematics and logic. but nevertheless i will try to explain to the best of my limited capability.

superiority is reflected in the price.

umbrella rice is superior in taste, that's why it is more expensive than ntuc rice.
mercedes is superior in ride quality (beside others), that's why it is more expensive than toyota.
teak furniture is superior in grain pattern and longetivity, that's why it is more expensive than particle board furniture.

can anybody find me any product that is superior yet cheaper than an inferior product? (i apologise for lack of imagination).

if JG is more expensive than SV, then it is superior. If JG is more expensive than The Marq, then buyers deemed JG more superior then The Marq.
Once again, superiority is reflected in the price.

who knows one day that we prefer to eat NTUC rice (and not because we, the 80% cannot afford the higher grades), then NTUC price will be deemed to be superior to umbrella rice and price will rise accordingly.

this brings back another story on superiority.
a mattress salesperson friend say this to me. to paraphrase his words "why you buy expensive car? u spend only 1 hour a day in the car.
but you very cheapskate on mattress. do you know you pend 8 hours a day on the mattress. if you buy cheapskate mattress, you may develop spinal problem, so should you spend on an expensive mattress to pamper your back."

on hearing that, i buy an expensive mattress from my friend, for my spine's sake. after a while, i get another expensive mattress because the 1st one not suitable.

the moral of the story?
my friend used this maths equation on me.
cheap things = no good.
therefore expensive things = good.

only later, i realised the maths equation should be.
cheap things definitely no good.
expensive things non necessarily good.

so my expensive employees may not necessary be superior employees,
but if i pay cheap salaries, i definitely wont get any superior employees :).

similarly, pay expensive condo, may get ceramic tiles.
pay cheap condo, definitely no italian marble.

AMK, please forgive old man for long winded story.

mermaid
30-09-13, 11:20
the moral of the story?
cheap things = no good.

fm my many yrs of hotel dining experience, expensive nid not be good.
cheap or expensive shd not be viewed in isolation; value for $ is a better gauge.

Need to compare similar size/quantum and also among new launches. Can leave out the debate between resale and new launch.

all along we r talking abt new launches of similar size -_ -

astroboy8681
30-09-13, 11:22
You got it right !

DKSG

now he/it just shot himself in the feet. Sore thumb + sore toe hahaha

pathetic pathetic....

mermaid
30-09-13, 11:28
now he/it just shot himself in the feet. Sore thumb + sore toe hahaha

pathetic pathetic....

cut him some slacks la!

ppl made a costly investment aldy very heart pain liao u still gloating :(

it is very stressful to stay defensive agst hard truths during daytime and weep at night wor :(

hopeful
30-09-13, 11:28
u dun get it.

how do you define superiority?

mermaid
30-09-13, 11:33
how do you define superiority?

CCR > RCR > OCR

even wif Parliament/MAS/MOF relocating to Jurong doesn't mean Jurong a better, more accessible location.

hopeful
30-09-13, 11:39
CCR > RCR > OCR

even wif Parliament/MAS/MOF relocating to Jurong doesn't mean Jurong a better, more accessible location.

i dont get your point about CCR > RCR > OCR.
what about them?
are you talking about CCR psf > RCR psf > OCR psf
or CCR quantum > RCR quantum > OCR quantum?
or CCR connectivity > RCR connectivity > OCR connectivity
or what?

sunrise
30-09-13, 11:48
cut him some slacks la!

ppl made a costly investment aldy very heart pain liao u still gloating :(

it is very stressful to stay defensive agst hard truths during daytime and weep at night wor :(

the thread starter has to cut his spending by chaining himself to his keyboard, day and night challenge people on how good his investment on gateway.
never waste time on him. he is trying to drag more people to response to his stupid comments.

sunrise
30-09-13, 11:55
the thread starter has to cut his spending by chaining himself to his keyboard, day and night challenge people on how good his investment on gateway.
never waste time on him. he is trying to drag more people to response to his stupid comments.

don't help him kill his time.

mermaid
30-09-13, 11:56
i dont get your point about CCR > RCR > OCR.
what about them?
are you talking about CCR psf > RCR psf > OCR psf
or CCR quantum > RCR quantum > OCR quantum?
or CCR connectivity > RCR connectivity > OCR connectivity
or what?

A more centralised location like TPY, Bishan r preferred by most people as it is convenient to travel to every other parts of spore.

Places like Jurong, Tampines, Tenah Merah may hv their own financial hubs/developments but u hv to agree with me tat they are really out of the place.

A gd location refers to the strategic positioning on spore island; not whether how much development is gonna take place in a lousy location.

A lousy location may hv no problem find tenants but tat doesn’t auto upgrade it to a superior location.

Juz like no matter how beautiful/sexy/gd in bed a slut is, a slut is always a slut. She can never be deemed to be of a wifey material.

30-09-13, 12:26
Hahaha, I think people should learn to agree to disagree.

At the end of the day, which location is "superior" really boils down to individual preferences and lifestyle (choices); as chestnut would say, different strokes for different folks. It is really that simple. As for which location makes a better investment choice, this is also subjective and also boils down to individual requirements. For example, some of us are looking for yield, some are looking for alpha, some could be just looking at capital/wealth preservation. Of course if we can achieve two or more of these objectives, it would be ideal. Which location will outperform the others in the future is at best an educated guess for now. And even then, what sort of time frame are we looking at? Jurong may outperform the rest in ten to fifteen years time but maybe start to lag after that.

This forum is good for people to air their views (and I welcome them) but we should also know when to agree to disagree.

hopeful
30-09-13, 12:31
A more centralised location like TPY, Bishan r preferred by most people as it is convenient to travel to every other parts of spore.

Places like Jurong, Tampines, Tenah Merah may hv their own financial hubs/developments but u hv to agree with me tat they are really out of the place.

A gd location refers to the strategic positioning on spore island; not whether how much development is gonna take place in a lousy location.

A lousy location may hv no problem find tenants but tat doesn’t auto upgrade it to a superior location.

Juz like no matter how beautiful/sexy/gd in bed a slut is, a slut is always a slut. She can never be deemed to be of a wifey material.

am i right to say, based on your post, to you connectivity is very important in determining superiority of location.

ok, based on that, does superior connectivity commands a higher price or a lower price?

mermaid
30-09-13, 12:33
am i right to say, based on your post, to you connectivity is very important in determining superiority of location.

ok, based on that, does superior connectivity commands a higher price or a lower price?

of cos, if a location allows me to connect to every other locations easily (without car) I would feel tat the location deserve a higher price.

DKSG
30-09-13, 12:43

At the end of the day, which location is "superior" really boils down to individual preferences and lifestyle (choices); as chestnut would say, different strokes for different folks. It is really that simple. As for which location makes a better investment choice, this is also subjective and also boils down to individual requirements. For example, some of us are looking for yield, some are looking for alpha, some could be just looking at capital/wealth preservation. Of course if we can achieve two or more of these objectives, it would be ideal. Which location will outperform the others in the future is at best an educated guess for now. And even then, what sort of time frame are we looking at? Jurong may outperform the rest in ten to fifteen years time but maybe start to lag after that.

This forum is good for people to air their views (and I welcome them) but we should also know when to agree to disagree.

But some facts are basic. Like Newton is superior to Novena, Orchard is superior to River Valley. Without such mindset, one is willing to pay more for River Valley than Orchard ?

DKSG

k00L
30-09-13, 12:44
URA decided it for them by not having GCB or even landed area in Tuas.
GCBs in Tuas with spectacular sea views and sea frontage would be spectacular success. shame on URA for lack of forward vision.

GCB in Tuas next to petrochemical plant spewing hydrocarbon particles, and side by side with foreign workers dormitories, toxic materials warehouse, noisy shipyards, power plant... ? think my friend, u call tuas a potential good class bungalow area? u say ura lack of vision not to designate tuas as GCB? best joke ever for today!

30-09-13, 12:47
But some facts are basic. Like Newton is superior to Novena, Orchard is superior to River Valley. Without such mindset, one is willing to pay more for River Valley than Orchard ?

DKSG

Although I know where you are coming from, but this may not apply to everyone? In my view, the criteria for "superiority" is subjective and depends on individual. For example, if a person's work and lifestyle revolves around Tampines, he or she may not say Novena, Newton, Orchard and River Valley is superior....

hopeful
30-09-13, 12:54
of cos, if a location allows me to connect to every other locations easily (without car) I would feel tat the location deserve a higher price.

ok, why do you so need to connect to other locations easily? like do you travel to Jurong, Tuas, Sembawang, Punggol, Changi, Tanah Merah on a daily basis from your current house?

Perhap once a year, to Lim Chu Kang for qingmin. Perhaps the total number of visits to the rest of the above mentioned locations 10 times in a year.

does paying a premium for connectivity to Tuas, Tanah merah sounds reasonable to you when you hardly ever goes there?

DKSG
30-09-13, 12:55
Although I know where you are coming from, but this may not apply to everyone? In my view, the criteria for "superiority" is subjective and depends on individual. For example, if a person's work and lifestyle revolves around Tampines, he or she may not say Novena, Newton, Orchard and River Valley is superior....

In terms of valuation. No individual liking.

And also in general. Just because a handful people like refinery fumes or cemeteries, doesnt mean the valuation of these are higher. Agree ?

Orchard valuation is always higher than River Valley. But a handful of people may prefer to stay in River Valley than Orchard. But if they offer them similar investment units in these 2 locations at the same price, they will pick up the Orchard unit. Agree ?

DKSG

mermaid
30-09-13, 13:00
ok, why do you so need to connect to other locations easily? like do you travel to Jurong, Tuas, Sembawang, Punggol, Changi, Tanah Merah on a daily basis from your current house?

Perhap once a year, to Lim Chu Kang for qingmin. Perhaps the total number of visits to the rest of the above mentioned locations 10 times in a year.

does paying a premium for connectivity to Tuas, Tanah merah sounds reasonable to you when you hardly ever goes there?

it is like the main use of yr HP is oni to make calls. u r not the savvy type hence having a lot of functions is useless to u. but if a laoya HP is selling the same $ as a smart fone, which will u choose?

I dun travel to lotsa locations. In fact, besides working most of my time is spent at home. I hv no problem staying in extreme East/North/West as well provided tat they r cheap.

30-09-13, 13:05
In terms of valuation. No individual liking.

And also in general. Just because a handful people like refinery fumes or cemeteries, doesnt mean the valuation of these are higher. Agree ?

Orchard valuation is always higher than River Valley. But a handful of people may prefer to stay in River Valley than Orchard. But if they offer them similar investment units in these 2 locations at the same price, they will pick up the Orchard unit. Agree ?

DKSG

High valuation just simply means high valuation. Then it is a separate matter of whether you agree or disagree with that valuation.

Today Orchard Road may command a higher valuation than River Valley. But who can say that will never ever change.

teddybear
30-09-13, 13:06
What you said about entire Singapore PSI index very close is not true, and I can prove it using a snapshot from URA website during the haze period as attached below. (Unless you want to argue that a difference of 16+% is still "very close", then well, what can we say??? :rolleyes:)

As you can see from attached, the West has the highest PSI of 198 compared to the rest and central of 170, or higher by about +16.5%.
If you look at the PM2.5 concentration, the West has 251 compared to central of 216, or higher by about +16.2%!

teddybear
30-09-13, 13:10
Last time I went to ISS of NUS, I was in this ISS building top floor overlooking those chimneys far away and the smoke smell was terrible, choking me in the process! No, there was no haze from Indonesia at that time, but "haze" created from those chimneys far away! :scared-1:

hopeful
30-09-13, 13:17
GCB in Tuas next to petrochemical plant spewing hydrocarbon particles, and side by side with foreign workers dormitories, toxic materials warehouse, noisy shipyards, power plant... ? think my friend, u call tuas a potential good class bungalow area? u say ura lack of vision not to designate tuas as GCB? best joke ever for today!

those who have been to the seaside at Tuas (the reclaimed part) would know that it is quiet. The sound of wind is the strongest of all.
have you seen the seaview from Tuas shore? It is beautiful.

teddybear
30-09-13, 13:17
Regarding your statement: "if JG is more expensive than SV, then it is superior." Yes, superior once upon a time or once in a while may be according to the market? But who will make money like that hah?

I draw an analogy to JG buyers will be like "Enron" share owners? Once upon a time, "Enron" was a company superior to almost all companies in the world, but it collapsed in a pile of dust, nothing left behind for its owners. What about JG, will they suffer the same fate hah? :banghead:

why u so like dat? i dont much about mathematics and logic. but nevertheless i will try to explain to the best of my limited capability.

superiority is reflected in the price.

umbrella rice is superior in taste, that's why it is more expensive than ntuc rice.
mercedes is superior in ride quality (beside others), that's why it is more expensive than toyota.
teak furniture is superior in grain pattern and longetivity, that's why it is more expensive than particle board furniture.

can anybody find me any product that is superior yet cheaper than an inferior product? (i apologise for lack of imagination).

if JG is more expensive than SV, then it is superior. If JG is more expensive than The Marq, then buyers deemed JG more superior then The Marq.
Once again, superiority is reflected in the price.

who knows one day that we prefer to eat NTUC rice (and not because we, the 80% cannot afford the higher grades), then NTUC price will be deemed to be superior to umbrella rice and price will rise accordingly.

this brings back another story on superiority.
a mattress salesperson friend say this to me. to paraphrase his words "why you buy expensive car? u spend only 1 hour a day in the car.
but you very cheapskate on mattress. do you know you pend 8 hours a day on the mattress. if you buy cheapskate mattress, you may develop spinal problem, so should you spend on an expensive mattress to pamper your back."

on hearing that, i buy an expensive mattress from my friend, for my spine's sake. after a while, i get another expensive mattress because the 1st one not suitable.

the moral of the story?
cheap things = no good.

teddybear
30-09-13, 13:21
If they want to say Jurong is superior, may be we should see Istana shift to Jurong first followed by President, Prime Minister, and Parliament house all shifted to Jurong and work in Jurong? Better still, they should just live in Jurong to show all of us that Jurong is superior? :tongue3:

CCR > RCR > OCR

mermaid
30-09-13, 13:27
If they want to say Jurong is superior, may be we should see Istana shift to Jurong first followed by President, Prime Minister, and Parliament house all shifted to Jurong and work in Jurong? Better still, they should just live in Jurong to show all of us that Jurong is superior? :tongue3:

more infrastructures coming up doesn't make a location more superior.
likewise, paying more for a location doesn't transform a place into a better location.
no one will call u a hero if u choose to pay higher den everyone else is paying for the same district :D

hopeful
30-09-13, 13:34
it is like the main use of yr HP is oni to make calls. u r not the savvy type hence having a lot of functions is useless to u. but if a laoya HP is selling the same $ as a smart fone, which will u choose?

I dun travel to lotsa locations. In fact, besides working most of my time is spent at home. I hv no problem staying in extreme East/North/West as well provided tat they r cheap.

Please show me a "laoya" HP that is same price as a smart fone.

why do you need connectivity to faraway places? to the mall, to buy groceries, to go cinema. once in a while, to the hospital.
if all these facilities are within 5 minutes walk your home, do you really need to go anywhere else?

if you are staying and working in Bishan, would you still pay a premium for connectivity to stay in orchard when you can have all the facilities of Orchard in Bishan. you work in bishan, you stay in bishan. all the malls, hospitals in bishan.

teddybear
30-09-13, 13:34
Strange, I thought "which investment makes a better investment choice" is ultimately about how much in % terms you make from that investment? So how can this single measure that can be objectively measured in distinct monetary value be subjective also boils down to individual requirements?
You mean some people got more money they don't want to make and ask you to buy at lesser money from them because they already hit their requirements? :o

OK, let's see how much that Jurong JGateway will achieve in price by 31 Dec 2016 and see whether it "makes a better investment choice"?

stalingrad
30-09-13, 13:39
What you said about entire Singapore PSI index very close is not true, and I can prove it using a snapshot from URA website during the haze period as attached below. (Unless you want to argue that a difference of 16+% is still "very close", then well, what can we say??? :rolleyes:)

As you can see from attached, the West has the highest PSI of 198 compared to the rest and central of 170, or higher by about +16.5%.
If you look at the PM2.5 concentration, the West has 251 compared to central of 216, or higher by about +16.2%!

During the haze, air quality in each part of the country depended on the direction of wind in Sumatra vis-a-vis Singapore. What you showed was just a snapshot of that day of that moment. When the direction of winds shifted from north east to south east, I am sure that the reverse was true.

But why dwell on air quality during that abnormal period of time. If you take an average every day, and take an average across a year, air quality is about the same every day, better than Hong Kong, but worse than many countries, such as Canada and the US.

teddybear
30-09-13, 13:40
Hei, connectivity very important to old people like me ok, best for me is to live within walking distance to hospitals like Mount Elizabeth Hospital!
You know, for every minute later than 10 mins that you arrive at the hospital after your stroke, you chance of recovery reduces by a certain percentage? I have money, so I value my life more than anything else! And, I want to live within vicinity of Mount Elizabeth Hospital, not Khoo Teck Puat or Changi Hospital! I don't want to be attended by the trainee doctors and those doctors very good in theory but cannot operate fast and accurate ok! :tsk-tsk:

stalingrad
30-09-13, 13:45
Hei, connectivity very important to old people like me ok, best for me is to live within walking distance to hospitals like Mount Elizabeth Hospital!
You know, for every minute later than 10 mins that you arrive at the hospital after your stroke, you chance of recovery reduces by a certain percentage? I have money, so I value my life more than anything else! And, I want to live within vicinity of Mount Elizabeth Hospital, not Khoo Teck Puat or Changi Hospital! I don't want to be attended by the trainee doctors and those doctors very good in theory but cannot operate fast and accurate ok! :tsk-tsk:

Then you should live next door to NUH, like us. :D You get treated by professor doctors.

DKSG
30-09-13, 13:47

Stay near Mt E is good.
Stay near those KTP and CH, confirm 10 mins you still queuing to get ticket number.

DKSG

hopeful
30-09-13, 13:49
more infrastructures coming up doesn't make a location more superior.
likewise, paying more for a location doesn't transform a place into a better location.
no one will call u a hero if u choose to pay higher den everyone else is paying for the same district :D

so MRT infrastructures doesnt make a location more superior?
initially you mention connectivity is whats makes a location superior.

Shawn
30-09-13, 13:49
Those people who buy the West are probably new investors and inexperienced. They probably have bought the stories made up by the developers who plan to turn Jurong into a hub. But the question is when will u see that goal fulfilled ??

First for a town to be upgraded to a premium condo location i.e. one which can sell for more than $1500psf, one needs to have a pool of serious buyers who buy to stay, and not speculators who just buy for the sake of making quick bucks. The speculators who buy Jurong are mostly not financially strong and are looking to make profit after TOP. I dont think they will make a decent profit, judging by the fact that Jurong is not an ideal location for stay.

Investment value is tied to the location, and Jurong is an industrial estate and not a living estate. It might be easy to rent a unit in Jurong but how much can u rent it for ?? Those upper management executives, do u think they want to stay in polluted Jurong or stay in more cosy and refreshing east coast, D9 or 10 if they have the budget ??

U can say whatever u like that Jurong will be transformed into a hub etc etc...but the reality the pollution is not going away, Tuas will always be there, the petrochem industry will continue to emit gas from its chimneys. It will even get worst in time to come when Tanjong Pagar shipyard will move to the west and most industries wil start relocating there.

Jurong is a condemned place, bad fengshui as located close to the major graveyard (CCK/Jalan Bahar) - so u will see bad luck going on and on in this place for eternity. So sadly to say, this place will remain mostly for industrial developments...its just a token that the government plans to spruce up the area a little bit, but it wont be enough to transform it into a premier location.

Go and figure out why some government agencies are shifting there ?? Cause ultimately those freed up location in the city/town area will be upgraded for major commercial/residential developments while leaving Jurong to be just for work and not for living. Of course u need to create a story to make people believe, thats how its going to be.

If you buy, then u are just caught up into the Fisherman net. All the luck to your invesment.

mermaid
30-09-13, 13:55
so MRT infrastructures doesnt make a location more superior?
initially you mention connectivity is whats makes a location superior.

cos u missed out the time taken in accomplishing the task.

juz like a 2 min walk to mrt vs a 15 mins walk.
both r walkable, but r u willing to pay the same $?

DKSG
30-09-13, 13:55
Those people who buy the West are probably new investors and inexperienced. They probably have bought the stories made up by the developers who plan to turn Jurong into a hub. But the question is when will u see that goal fulfilled ??

First for a town to be upgraded to a premium condo location i.e. one which can sell for more than $1500psf, one needs to have a pool of serious buyers who buy to stay, and not speculators who just buy for the sake of making quick bucks. The speculators who buy Jurong are mostly not financially strong and are looking to make profit after TOP. I dont think they will make a decent profit, judging by the fact that Jurong is not an ideal location for stay.

Investment value is tied to the location, and Jurong is an industrial estate and not a living estate. It might be easy to rent a unit in Jurong but how much can u rent it for ?? Those upper management executives, do u think they want to stay in polluted Jurong or stay in more cosy and refreshing east coast, D9 or 10 if they have the budget ??

U can say whatever u like that Jurong will be transformed into a hub etc etc...but the reality the pollution is not going away, Tuas will always be there, the petrochem industry will continue to emit gas from its chimneys. It will even get worst in time to come when Tanjong Pagar shipyard will move to the west and most industries wil start relocating there.

Jurong is a condemned place, bad fengshui as located close to the major graveyard (CCK/Jalan Bahar) - so u will see bad luck going on and on in this place for eternity. So sadly to say, this place will remain mostly for industrial developments...its just a token that the government plans to spruce up the area a little bit, but it wont be enough to transform it into a premier location.

Go and figure out why some government agencies are shifting there ?? Cause ultimately those freed up location in the city/town area will be upgraded for major commercial/residential developments while leaving Jurong to be just for work and not for living. Of course u need to create a story to make people believe, thats how its going to be.

If you buy, then u are just caught up into the Fisherman net. All the luck to your invesment.

Shawn nicely summarized the whole case.
If people are aware of the expansion plans in Jurong Island to bring in even more and more and move petrolchemical industries and pollution, you will understand Shawn says "the reality is pollution is not going away".

DKSG

hopeful
30-09-13, 13:56
Stay near Mt E is good.
Stay near those KTP and CH, confirm 10 mins you still queuing to get ticket number.

DKSG

who can go to the nearest hospital faster? SV or JG?

hopeful
30-09-13, 13:58
cos u missed out the time taken in accomplishing the task.

juz like a 2 min walk to mrt vs a 15 mins walk.
both r walkable, but r u willing to pay the same $?

so a property with a shorter walk to MRT would command a higher price compare to those that takes a longer walk to MRT ?

DKSG
30-09-13, 14:01
who can go to the nearest hospital faster? SV or JG?

Eeerrmmm .. didnt I just say its not about going to hospital faster ?
Its about the reputation of the hospital to bring people back to health ?

Try going to Mt E and take a look, there are so many rich Indons there, who are very convinced that Mt E is the place to go.

No use reaching the hospital in 5 mins and have to take ticket, waiting 60 mins. Compared to take 10-15 mins to reach another hospital but doctor see you in another 10 mins.

Anyway, I not qualified to talk about quality of healthcare, what I am saying are just my observations (rich Indons) when I happen to visit Mt E.

DKSG

mermaid
30-09-13, 14:02
so a property with a shorter walk to MRT would command a higher price compare to those that takes a longer walk to MRT ?

dunno if u r out to trap my words but u shd phrase yr sentence tis way:

"a property with a shorter walk to xyz MRT would command a higher price compare to those that takes a longer walk to xyz MRT"

but if 2 proj has the same distance to mrt, den u hv to evaluate which mrt stn is more strategic.

eng81157
30-09-13, 14:08

Try going to Mt E and take a look, there are so many rich Indons there, who are very convinced that Mt E is the place to go.

No use reaching the hospital in 5 mins and have to take ticket, waiting 60 mins. Compared to take 10-15 mins to reach another hospital but doctor see you in another 10 mins.

Anyway, I not qualified to talk about quality of healthcare, what I am saying are just my observations (rich Indons) when I happen to visit Mt E.

DKSG

To visit govt healthcare institutions for ailments, rich Indons pay the same rate as what it is at Mt E, but with the added comfort of privacy, service, comfy surroundings and short waiting time.

Why pay the same (say, at TTSH) but wait together with subsidized patients and sit on plasticky chairs?

stalingrad
30-09-13, 14:13

DKSG

When you get a stroke, the case that teddy was talking about, you don't get a ticket. You got straight into surgery.

hopeful
30-09-13, 14:25
When you get a stroke, the case that teddy was talking about, you don't get a ticket. You got straight into surgery.

are you so sure? you are only a foreigner whereas DKSG is a true blue singaporean.
dont tell me a foreigner knows more than a true blue singaporean about singapore healthcare system?

maybe Irisng can comment since she is a nurse.

hopeful
30-09-13, 14:31

on what basis do you make the following assumptions?
1) Those people who buy the West are probably new investors and inexperienced.
2) The speculators who buy Jurong are mostly not financially strong and are looking to make profit after TOP.
3) First for a town to be upgraded to a premium condo location i.e. one which can sell for more than $1500psf (which seems to fit the price of Aristo)

eng81157
30-09-13, 14:36
are you so sure? you are only a foreigner whereas DKSG is a true blue singaporean.
dont tell me a foreigner knows more than a true blue singaporean about singapore healthcare system?

maybe Irisng can comment since she is a nurse.

if it's an emergency case, you go straight to the OT, regardless if singaporean or foreigner.

hopeful
30-09-13, 14:49
dunno if u r out to trap my words but u shd phrase yr sentence tis way:

"a property with a shorter walk to xyz MRT would command a higher price compare to those that takes a longer walk to xyz MRT"

but if 2 proj has the same distance to mrt, den u hv to evaluate which mrt stn is more strategic.

then how do we evaluate which mrt stn is more strategic?
Bishan is interchange for 2 lines
Jurong East is interchange for 2 lines. (also for another future line).

hopeful
30-09-13, 14:51
if it's an emergency case, you go straight to the OT, regardless if singaporean or foreigner.

thank you. i think it is faster for an emergency case for JG residents to go to NTF hospital than for SV residents to go to Mt Alvernia? Novena?

"every minute later than 10 mins that you arrive at the hospital after your stroke, you chance of recovery reduces by a certain percentage?".

mermaid
30-09-13, 14:53
then how do we evaluate which mrt stn is more strategic?
Bishan is interchange for 2 lines
Jurong East is interchange for 2 lines. (also for another future line).

Bishan to Pasir Ris take how long vs Jurong to Pasir Ris.

Exteme East/West/North cannot be considered strategic la ...

hopeful
30-09-13, 14:55
Last time I went to ISS of NUS, I was in this ISS building top floor overlooking those chimneys far away and the smoke smell was terrible, choking me in the process! No, there was no haze from Indonesia at that time, but "haze" created from those chimneys far away! :scared-1:

isnt that what i say:)
Jurong Island is the safest since the chimney is so tall. the exhaust (and particulates) settle in singapore mainland.

the coarser particles would be trapped by the filters. it is only the smaller particulate that gets blown off in the chimneys. and since they are so fine, they wont settle down quickly from the chimneys.

eng81157
30-09-13, 14:58
thank you. i think it is faster for an emergency case for JG residents to go to NTF hospital than for SV residents to go to Mt Alvernia? Novena?

"every minute later than 10 mins that you arrive at the hospital after your stroke, you chance of recovery reduces by a certain percentage?".

logically speaking, JG should reach NTF quicker than SV to Novena. however, it depends on the case and whether the hospital is busy or not. ambulances will send the patient to the closest available healthcare facility.

30-09-13, 15:01
Hahaha....some times one should open their mind and be receptive of the possibilities. Also learn to respect each other's views. Certain statements made and the choice words used are too presumptuous in my view.

I'm not an investment expert nor a property guru so what I am going to say may not count much.

I do think, in property investment, everyone of us attach our own values to a particular location and the subject property. How we arrive at a value is dependent on the amount and type of information that we have and how our brains process that information. One has to exercise judgement on the information collected, which in turn is influenced by our experiences, background, etc. In other words, it can be said that it is an exercise based on a certain degree of subjectivity. Allow me to give an example. Say a property in a particular location is valued by an external valuer or priced by a seller at $xxxx psf. One then has to decide whether it is worth to invest at $xxxx psf. If one does not agree to pay at that price for that property for whatever reasons, then just move on until one finds a suitable property that fits into his or her evaluation of a property. And needless to say, each of us will have our own budget considerations to take into account when investing. Even for a property that is bought for own or family stay, there are self (and subjective) considerations to ponder over too. Hence, whether a property is bought for investment or self-stay, I wouldn't go as far as to say one is better or superior than another. My answer would always be, it depends....

We come to this forum to share and learn. So I think mutual respect for each other's views is important if we want this forum to thrive and get something useful out of it. I sincerely hope more of us can deliberate on the choice of words and the statements typed before we click 'send'...

3C
30-09-13, 15:01

Ai yo yo, in an emergency, the ambulance will bring you to the nearest hospital first lah..where got time to still choose hospital. People are talking when non- emergency they have a choice. Can't you differentiate what they are talking. No matter how you define or split hair is still hair.

hopeful
30-09-13, 15:05
Bishan to Pasir Ris take how long vs Jurong to Pasir Ris.

Exteme East/West/North cannot be considered strategic la ...

again, as mentioned before, how often does one goes from Bishan to Pasir Ris if a person works and stays in Bishan?
or how often does one goes from Jurong East to Pasir Ris if a person works and stays in Jurong East?

Nice to have, but do you want to pay a premium for a feature which is hardly ever used.

which has more facilities/infrastructure, Bishan or Jurong East. that is used more often.

BTW, still waiting for a "laoya" phone that cost the same as a smart fone. manufacturers are not so stupid. buyers also not stupid.

eng81157
30-09-13, 15:09
Ai yo yo, in an emergency, the ambulance will bring you to the nearest hospital first lah..where got time to still choose hospital. People are talking when non- emergency they have a choice. Can't you differentiate what they are talking. No matter how you define or split hair is still hair.

half correct - it's the nearest available hospital. no point sending you to the nearest one that don't have the facility to handle your case or is packed full

hopeful
30-09-13, 15:12

btw, the earlier posts are not talking about non-emergency cases.
the mentioned of hospital being important to be nearby in case of stroke was first mentioned in #1444.

again you have reconfirmed that ambulance will bring to the nearest hospital, so logically JG residents should received faster treatment than SV residents, all things being equal, dont give example like OT all ocupied in NTFH.

stalingrad
30-09-13, 15:14
again, as mentioned before, how often does one goes from Bishan to Pasir Ris if a person works and stays in Bishan?
or how often does one goes from Jurong East to Pasir Ris if a person works and stays in Jurong East?

Nice to have, but do you want to pay a premium for a feature which is hardly ever used.

which has more facilities/infrastructure, Bishan or Jurong East. that is used more often.

BTW, still waiting for a "laoya" phone that cost the same as a smart fone. manufacturers are not so stupid. buyers also not stupid.

Good point. We seldom go anywhere, given how horrible driving has become in recent years with traffic congestion everywhere. Stay where you are, and shop where you are. If you stay in Jurong, you have everything nearby. Not sure you can say that for Bishan.

hopeful
30-09-13, 15:14
what happened to ringo33 ?

it looks l become the solo JLD / JG defender already :)

mermaid
30-09-13, 15:15

like wat I mentioned in my earlier posts, it's perfectly fine for me to accept extreme east/west too.
it is the price tat matters most.

At the extreme East, I like Dnest in pasir ris. near mrt, psf for mm around $1055, very value for $.

I dun recommend J gateway (laoya phone) not becos it is in a lousy location, it is more of wif tat kind of price, I can buy a better location (smart phone) liao.

so wat I seldom travel to other locations? It is more of if everyone else around me is paying lesser, y shd I be so stupid & pay so much? to do charity or be hero?

mermaid
30-09-13, 15:22

lol ... I tot one shd defend by logic & not by peers' strength! :doh:

DKSG
30-09-13, 15:32
Good point. We seldom go anywhere, given how horrible driving has become in recent years with traffic congestion everywhere. Stay where you are, and shop where you are. If you stay in Jurong, you have everything nearby. Not sure you can say that for Bishan.

So based on this, you conclude that there is nothing wrong with paying for the same price for Jurong and Bishan ?

I respect your view if you say that YOU dont mind paying the same price. But it is a completely different thing to say that valuation should be the same.

DKSG

DKSG
30-09-13, 15:34
lol ... I tot one shd defend by logic & not by peers' strength! :doh:

Logic and facts lo!

Bishan/Thomson selling same price as Jurong.

Bishan/Thomson historically has higher valuation than Jurong.

So logically Jurong should have a lower valuation than Bishan/Thomson.

Wonder which part of these logic do people want to put forth for discussion ?

DKSG

Regulators
30-09-13, 15:38
Omg, U must be an NUS lecturer coz kent vale rented to lecturers. The dean must really be mak jiu ta stamp to hire a bo standard expat :doh: :doh:

DKSG
30-09-13, 15:43
Omg, U must be an NUS lecturer coz kent vale rented to lecturers. The dean must really be mak jiu ta stamp to hire a bo standard expat :doh: :doh:

This is call Mid-Level expat.
Those housing allowances only allow them to stay in West.

Many too level expats in some companies, even if work in Jurong also choose to stay in Nassim/Orchard/Newton area.

DKSG

Regulators
30-09-13, 16:03
I think NUS better get its act together n start being more stringent in their hiring process. Hire
some more expats like Stalin our standard n ranking go down longkang liao.

This is call Mid-Level expat.
Those housing allowances only allow them to stay in West.

Many too level expats in some companies, even if work in Jurong also choose to stay in Nassim/Orchard/Newton area.

DKSG

proper-t
30-09-13, 16:03

He busy reinforcing his Troll status in the landed forum....

Do join us when you have the time. Fun read.

mermaid
30-09-13, 16:06
He busy reinforcing his Troll status in the landed forum....

Do join us when you have the time. Fun read.

dun be mistaken, R33 is not a troll; he is merely a victim of overpriced ppty.

proper-t
30-09-13, 16:15
dun be mistaken, R33 is not a troll; he is merely a victim of overpriced ppty.

No wonder he snapped and went on a rampage in the landed forum.

For your reading pleasure - extract from landed forum on Housebreaking thread started by R33

From wiki

In Internet slang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang), a troll (/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)t (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)r (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)oʊ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)l (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English), / (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)ˈ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)t (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)r (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)ɒ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)l (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key)/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English)) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-Campbell-Trolls-1) by posting inflammatory,[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-2) extraneous (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/extraneous#Adjective), or off-topic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-topic) messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#Usage)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-Howard_Fosdick-3)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-Tastam90.2C_Message_.23_369489-4) or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion) response[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-PCMAG_def-5) or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-IUKB_def-6)] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#cite_note-IUKB_def-6)

Nuff said..in case people say I don't back up my statements, read below.

1. Sows discord

ringo33 is slewing so much hatred in this thread that bad karma has bestowed the western dragon - from Capitaland HQ to roof collapsing... not sure what gonna happen next - God bless this western dragon....

2. Inflammatory

200 folds? Want to lie or talk big also pick a more believable numbers lah.
Are you from CityHarvest?

Having said that, may I know why are you so eager to sell our FH land to NC? Self interest? Or are you hoping that your daughter will end up in a Ferrari driven by NC?

3. Extraneous
No need to quote him. He himself admits that he generates a lot of bullshit

there are plenty of bullshit pending for proper-T's reply,...

4. Off-topic
Just in this thread alone - read all his posts on fake accounts vs what is the thread topic. For other threads, just read his posts when he can't counter a statement. His infamous 'off-topic' avoidance technique.

5. Deliberate intent to provoke
Just read all the threads he started in the landed forum, his Owners in the West beware thread and the East Coast threads on reclaimation

Ringo33
30-09-13, 16:41
Logic and facts lo!

DKSG

Office Boy, when buying property, it is not always about YOU YOU YOU and what you think, but rather what the market think.

In fact, for SV you should be shocked that it was not sold out in 1/2 day because price like you said is same as JG, location you said is superior, so what does that tell you? Maybe the buyer for J Gateway have got deeper pocket, snapping up even all the highfloor units and penthouse in 1 day.

Perhaps it is time for some paradigm shift and stop thinking that Jurong will always be jurong and it cannot be transformed.

And you have correctly pointed out, historically yes, if you go further back, historically Bishan was a graveyard.

So instead of always looking back, perhaps you should learn to eat humble pie and learn to look forward and dont let your emotion cloud your judgement.

hopeful
30-09-13, 17:27
like wat I mentioned in my earlier posts, it's perfectly fine for me to accept extreme east/west too.
it is the price tat matters most.

At the extreme East, I like Dnest in pasir ris. near mrt, psf for mm around $1055, very value for $.

I dun recommend J gateway (laoya phone) not becos it is in a lousy location, it is more of wif tat kind of price, I can buy a better location (smart phone) liao.

so wat I seldom travel to other locations? It is more of if everyone else around me is paying lesser, y shd I be so stupid & pay so much? to do charity or be hero?

i am talking real "laoya" phone versus real smart fone.
and how can you equate a phone to a house?
1) do you take a 30 yr loan to buy a phone, be it "laoya" phone or smart fone?
2) can you change a house every 6 months like that way people change a "laoya" phone or a smart fone?

what does Dnest have that JG dont have? isnt that's why it is priced lower than JG?

JG was a sold out event. people seems to forget that fact. whereas SV only 410 1st day, and if DKSG is to be believed, 2nd day only cleared the remaining launched units.

JLD is complete by itself. why does JG residents even need to travel to town?
how much does a CCR condo with facilities comparable to JG costs.
JG buyers are getting a bargain. of course psf of JG lower because istana is not located in jurong. But as a place to live in, it is complete.

DKSG
30-09-13, 17:30
Office Boy, when buying property, it is not always about YOU YOU YOU and what you think, but rather what the market think.

In fact, for SV you should be shocked that it was not sold out in 1/2 day because price like you said is same as JG, location you said is superior, so what does that tell you? Maybe the buyer for J Gateway have got deeper pocket, snapping up even all the highfloor units and penthouse in 1 day.

Perhaps it is time for some paradigm shift and stop thinking that Jurong will always be jurong and it cannot be transformed.

And you have correctly pointed out, historically yes, if you go further back, historically Bishan was a graveyard.

So instead of always looking back, perhaps you should learn to eat humble pie and learn to look forward and dont let your emotion cloud your judgement.

In property investment, it is never about ME!

It is always about how much other people willing to pay for my properties and and how much I willing to pay for other people's property.

And all these are guided by valuation.

Valuation is based on historial prices transacted.

Nobody says that Jurong will not be transformed.

What people are saying is after all the transformation, people think Jurong valuation will not exceed that of Clementi, Tiong Bahru, River Valley, Bishan, Thomsons.

So when these places are selling for lower than Jurong, Jurong's prices has overrun-ed.

Jurong buyers have one thing in common now - PANIC!

This is the same panic as Bishan Sky Habitat buyers (IF and only IF) they find out that SV is now selling than lower than their purchase price. Wouldnt you be panic if this is the case ?

Who wouldnt be ?

But instead of spending time panicking, time can be better spent thinking of and asking around for ideas how to get out of this panicky situation.

I am not vested in either of these.

DKSG

DKSG
30-09-13, 17:33
i am talking real "laoya" phone versus real smart fone.
and how can you equate a phone to a house?
1) do you take a 30 yr loan to buy a phone, be it "laoya" phone or smart fone?
2) can you change a house every 6 months like that way people change a "laoya" phone or a smart fone?

what does Dnest have that JG dont have? isnt that's why it is priced lower than JG?

JG was a sold out event. people seems to forget that fact. whereas SV only 410 1st day, and if DKSG is to be believed, 2nd day only cleared the remaining launched units.

JLD is complete by itself. why does JG residents even need to travel to town?
how much does a CCR condo with facilities comparable to JG costs.
JG buyers are getting a bargain. of course psf of JG lower because istana is not located in jurong. But as a place to live in, it is complete.

A lot of people also queue overnight to grab Seafront at Meyer when it was launched. Activating maids, drivers, friends, school kids. Then 5-8 years later, valuation still remains nearly the same.

Lesson learnt. Many people queue overnight doesnt mean the product is confirm good. Maybe you wont around during those queuing days ? Ask those who have seen these.

Queuing is only a good situation when people can queue and buy and sell the next day.

DKSG

hopeful
30-09-13, 17:35
Logic and facts lo!

DKSG

Fact: JG 1 day sold out event.
Logic: JG buyers brain-damaged from industrial pollutants, hence they overpay for JG, thinking it is damn cheap, hence JG is a 1 day sold out event.

Fact: SV is not a 1 day sold out event
Logic: SV buyers are astute buyers, dont want to overpay for SV. hence SV is not a 1 day sold out event.

DKSG
30-09-13, 17:35
No wonder he snapped and went on a rampage in the landed forum.

For your reading pleasure - extract from landed forum on Housebreaking thread started by R33

From wiki

1. Sows discord

2. Inflammatory

3. Extraneous
No need to quote him. He himself admits that he generates a lot of bullshit

4. Off-topic
Just in this thread alone - read all his posts on fake accounts vs what is the thread topic. For other threads, just read his posts when he can't counter a statement. His infamous 'off-topic' avoidance technique.

5. Deliberate intent to provoke
Just read all the threads he started in the landed forum, his Owners in the West beware thread and the East Coast threads on reclaimation

Wikipedia should have employed you as a foreign talent and offer you an Ardmore Park-similar housing.

Very impressive definition. Well researched. Concise. To the point.

A+

DKSG

dtrax
30-09-13, 17:37
Recipes of success for Jgateway:
1. Once in a decade launch in Jurong East..people all hoot angrily who stay arond JE hoot JGateway.. imagine save money for so many yrs never hoot anything. 10yrs of savings is alot. Suddenly a new launch after 10yrs, Die die must buy!!!

2. JLD story.. thy west we go! hoho!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/1379747_10151698116152568_624629720_n.jpg

hopeful
30-09-13, 17:38
What people are saying is after all the transformation, people think Jurong valuation will not exceed that of Clementi, Tiong Bahru, River Valley, Bishan, Thomsons.

so which area in Singapore have Jurong overtaken after all the Jurong transformations?

DKSG
30-09-13, 17:41
Logic: JG buyers brain-damaged from industrial pollutants, hence they overpay for JG, thinking it is damn cheap, hence JG is a 1 day sold out event.

Logic: SV buyers are astute buyers, dont want to overpay for SV. hence SV is not a 1 day sold out event.

Actually cannot say that of Jurong buyers, if marketing folks paint you a picture that Jurong will be transformed into some mega city surpassing Orchard Road and a new Jurong Nassim Road will be build with most rich people wanting to move to Jurong Nassim Road, AND people buy this idea. Then their paying of $1,6xx psf is not too surprising. Jurong buyers are NOT brain-damaged. Thats for sure.

For SV, like I said many times, people got the benefit of hindsight. When they see that Jurong PC sold for $1,6xx+- and now Bishan/Thomson also selling nearly the same price, of course many deem this is a good buy!

We have to see things as they appear, not pretend both happened at the same time. And of course there is the TDSR factor affecting SV as well.

Remove the TDSR, keep the SV price as current, all 600++ units will be sold out within 3 hours.

DKSG

dtrax
30-09-13, 17:42
so which area in Singapore have Jurong overtaken after all the Jurong transformations?

Many...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1376517_10151698122047568_1182574742_n.jpg

DKSG
30-09-13, 17:43

Haven transform how we know ?

DKSG

DKSG
30-09-13, 17:47
Many...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1376517_10151698122047568_1182574742_n.jpg

Makes people wanna scream ice cream (x10)!

This charts looks scary for people who paid $1,6xx psf for Jurong.
They could have chosen a unit in Novena ?! Kallang ?! Bt Timah ?!
Even Queenstown ?!

So when you can buy a unit in Queenstown at a lower price than Jurong,
wont the choice be clear ? Even if the Queenstown PC is 5, 6, 7, 8 years older ?

*Shiver*

DKSG

mermaid
30-09-13, 17:48

look here.
both dnest & jgateway r located at the extreme ends of spore, near mrt.
dnest mm cost avg $1055psf while Jgateway cost ard $1500-1600psf.

aren't u indirectly admitting tat J gateway pricing has already factored in all the transformation tat will come abt in the next 5-10 yrs?

lol ... liddat how to sell at $1900/$2000psf upon TOP as per wat R33 has believed?!

DKSG
30-09-13, 17:56
look here.
both dnest & jgateway r located at the extreme ends of spore, near mrt.
dnest mm cost avg $1055psf while Jgateway cost ard $1500-1600psf.

aren't u indirectly admitting tat J gateway pricing has already factored in all the transformation tat will come abt in the next 5-10 yrs?

lol ... liddat how to sell at $1900/$2000psf upon TOP as per wat R33 has believed?!

When people post and post all those plans, it means already factored in!

Ok! Time to knock off! Boss go home early today and no more documents to deliver!

DKSG

Regulators
30-09-13, 18:29
JGATEWAY buyers could be banging their heads everyday or Kee seow come into forum everyday to assure himself he made a good buy (u know who) so sold out in one day doesn't mean anything. I would go as far as saying the marketing of jgateway is one of the best I have seen, but again gd marketing does not equal to selling at gd price. I bet there are loads of jgateway buyers who hv regretted not buying SV or Thomson, just dare not say out.

stalingrad
30-09-13, 19:09
JGATEWAY buyers could be banging their heads everyday or Kee seow come into forum everyday to assure himself he made a good buy (u know who) so sold out in one day doesn't mean anything. I would go as far as saying the marketing of jgateway is one of the best I have seen, but again gd marketing does not equal to selling at gd price. I bet there are loads of jgateway buyers who hv regretted not buying SV or Thomson, just dare not say out.

"does not equal selling at gd price" is what you meant.

proper-t
30-09-13, 19:19
Wikipedia should have employed you as a foreign talent and offer you an Ardmore Park-similar housing.

Very impressive definition. Well researched. Concise. To the point.

A+

DKSG

Thanks. Here's some more research for you.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/proper-t/jurong_zps1644094b.jpg

BP Faces Claims Over Refinery's Pollutants
Trial to Begin Over Allegations That Texas City Plant's Emissions Put Residents at Risk; Company Says No Impact on Health

A Texas jury on Wednesday will begin hearing arguments in a lawsuit in which neighbors of a former BP PLC refinery allege the oil giant's release of toxic gases exposed residents to potential health dangers.

The suit is the latest BP has faced over the refinery it used to own in Texas City, where a 2005 explosion killed 15 workers, injured scores of others and cost the London-based oil company $2.1 billion in legal settlements.

The air-emissions lawsuit, which is unrelated to the 2005 blast, could potentially put BP on the hook for an additional $10 billion in punitive damages, according to court documents. BP has said in regulatory filings that the refinery emitted toxic gases, but that the releases weren't large enough to sicken neighbors.

The refinery, among the largest in the U.S., has been a mixed blessing for the roughly 45,000 people living in Texas City, an industrial area along the Gulf of Mexico about 45 minutes southeast of Houston. The 475,000 barrel-a-day plant employs thousands of people but has been prone to accidents, including an April 2011 power outage that caused a refinery fire and forced residents to shelter in place.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323864604579067371639047710.html

475,000 barrels v 1.3m barrels on Jurong Island

http://earthjustice.org/our_work/cases/2013/cutting-climate-pollution-from-washington-s-oil-refineries

Cutting Climate Pollution from Washington's Oil Refineries
Case Number # 2168
Earthjustice is representing clean air advocates in a lawsuit to require five oil refineries in Washington State to improve energy efficiency and take other steps to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. The clean air advocates are urging state and regional permitting agencies to control greenhouse gas emissions from all five oil refineries in the state, as required by the federal Clean Air Act. The five refineries are BP Cherry Point in Blaine, ConocoPhillips in Ferndale, Shell Oil in Anacortes, Tesoro in Anacortes and U.S. Oil in Tacoma.

Petroleum refinery. (iStockphoto)
Refineries are the second largest stationary source of climate change pollutants in the state.

Oil refineries are a major source of greenhouse gas emissions nationally, and Washington’s five oil refineries contribute significantly to statewide greenhouse gas emissions. Together, Washington refineries are the second largest stationary source of climate change pollutants in the state.

The oil refineries also emit methane and nitrous oxide, which are more potent greenhouse gases than carbon dioxide, as well as several other air contaminants that pose risks to human health and the environment such as hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulate matter, and volatile organic compounds.

The oil refineries burn fossil fuels in the process of converting crude oil into usable products such as gasoline, jet fuel, and asphalt. As a result of this combustion and the refining process, the oil refineries emit significant greenhouse gases from their process heaters, boilers, fluid catalytic cracking units, hydrogen production units, sulfur recovery plants, and other facilities and units at the refineries.

Earthjustice and the law firm of Ziontz, Chestnut, Varnell, Berley & Slonim are representing Sierra Club and Washington Environmental Council.

lajia
30-09-13, 19:33
Based on my interpretation, can I assume that you will say that Sengkang or punggol hdb will not exceed that of Ang Mo Kio ( so close to Bishan) or Bedok....is that correct?? If u are not aware, please go see for yourselves. You have not been able to listen but ok, not my intention as well. Your superior location will not be always superior....at some point in time, it will be taken over and you have to learn to accept it.

In property investment, it is never about ME!

It is always about how much other people willing to pay for my properties and and how much I willing to pay for other people's property.

And all these are guided by valuation.

Valuation is based on historial prices transacted.

Nobody says that Jurong will not be transformed.

So when these places are selling for lower than Jurong, Jurong's prices has overrun-ed.

Jurong buyers have one thing in common now - PANIC!

This is the same panic as Bishan Sky Habitat buyers (IF and only IF) they find out that SV is now selling than lower than their purchase price. Wouldnt you be panic if this is the case ?

Who wouldnt be ?

But instead of spending time panicking, time can be better spent thinking of and asking around for ideas how to get out of this panicky situation.

I am not vested in either of these.

DKSG

Regulators
30-09-13, 19:56
Li ji kuan eh lang tao nao bo ho seh, tak cheh tak ga seow si bo? Jia pah bo sai pang :doh: :doh:

"does not equal selling at gd price" is what you meant.