PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Ringo33
20-10-13, 20:54
I thought that insensitive post was by people like you? You trying to put words into other people's mouth again after failing to do so about all those fumes and toxic gases? :rolleyes:

If you are an adult, what you post on the internet can be use against you, so dont assume that by hiding behind your act cut act young nickname you will anonymous to the authorities.

teddybear
20-10-13, 21:14
Whatever I post, I believe is based on facts or my own personal opinion that is not based on falsehood, and definitely not like you trying to discredit other people who have reputation standing, like US EPA, Europe environment agency and all those scientists.

Since you keep maligning me about this and that and threatening with your made-up falsehood statements that are just trying to put words into my mouth and then trying to intimate me about reporting to authority etc, I strongly urged you to go ahead to report to the authority to prove your point! Stop putting words into my mouth! Who knows, all the postings digged up by the authority may just be strong enough to prove that you are the one making sensitive racist remarks! Not to mention that we already knew you that you had maligned US EPA, Europe environment agency and all those reputable scientists about fumes and toxic gases from refineries / incinerators etc and saying that their reports are rubbish!

If you are an adult, what you post on the internet can be use against you, so dont assume that by hiding behind your act cut act young nickname you will anonymous to the authorities.

Ringo33
20-10-13, 22:10
Whatever I post, I believe is based on facts or my own personal opinion that is not based on falsehood, and definitely not like you trying to discredit other people who have reputation standing, like US EPA, Europe environment agency and all those scientists.

Since you keep maligning me about this and that and threatening with your made-up falsehood statements that are just trying to put words into my mouth and then trying to intimate me about reporting to authority etc, I strongly urged you to go ahead to report to the authority to prove your point! Stop putting words into my mouth! Who knows, all the postings digged up by the authority may just be strong enough to prove that you are the one making sensitive racist remarks! Not to mention that we already knew you that you had maligned US EPA, Europe environment agency and all those reputable scientists about fumes and toxic gases from refineries / incinerators etc and saying that their reports are rubbish!

what exactly did US EPA said about Singapore air quality in Jurong?

teddybear
21-10-13, 00:09
Only an idiot will resort to this kind of question. Please go read up US EPA report and use your brain to think!

US EPA report need to say about Singapore air quality? You mean Singapore refineries / incinerators / chemical manufacturing plants are much different from those in US and the technologies used are invented in Singapore and very super green and doesn't produce any toxic gases and pollution as compared to those used in US?
You are either ignorant or oblivious to the fact that many of these refineries & chemical plants are owned by either US-headquartered companies or companies with significant US-presence! :doh:

what exactly did US EPA said about Singapore air quality in Jurong?

Ringo33
21-10-13, 03:39
Only an idiot will resort to this kind of question. Please go read up US EPA report and use your brain to think!

US EPA report need to say about Singapore air quality? You mean Singapore refineries / incinerators / chemical manufacturing plants are much different from those in US and the technologies used are invented in Singapore and very super green and doesn't produce any toxic gases and pollution as compared to those used in US?
You are either ignorant or oblivious to the fact that many of these refineries & chemical plants are owned by either US-headquartered companies or companies with significant US-presence! :doh:

I am sorry, what you have highlighted are only limited sources of air pollution and you have failed miserably in convince us that polluted air from these sources will only spread to Jurong and not other regions of Singapore, especially if you consider that from Tuas to central region, its only around 25km. Did your US EPA say that air pollution from these sources are limited to 25km radius? YES or NO?

And could you also tell us why are you not particularly interested in other possible sources of air pollution such as fumes from hundreds of shipping liners that scatter all over the south coast line (which are only 5km from orchard) , airplane, air pollution from Pasir Gudang chemical industry, crematorium from central bishan, road transportation etc.

proper-t
21-10-13, 10:10
Quick FACTS

1. TWO Waste incinerator plants processing upto 4,700 tonnes of refuse daily in Tuas

From NEA website

Tuas South Incineration Plant is the fourth and largest refuse incineration plant in Singapore. Built at a cost of S$890 million and completed in June 2000, it was designed to incinerate 3,000 tonnes of refuse daily.

Completed in 1986, Tuas Incineration Plant (TIP) was the
second refuse incineration plant to be built in Singapore.
TIP has the capacity to incinerate 1,700 tonnes of refuse with its 5 units of incinerators

2. JURONG ISLAND Refineries and Chemical Companies - 1.3 Million barrels of oil per day not counting chemical output

From JTC website:
Jurong Island is selected by a number of big industry players as their operations base. Companies who have set up operations in Jurong Island include BASF, Celanese, Exxonmobil, Dupont, Mitsui Chemicals, Chevron Texaco, Shell and Sumitomo Chemical. New additions like CIBA, Huntsman, Natural Fuel, Nexsol and Tate & Lyle have also set up manufacturing facilities on Jurong Island

From Wiki on Jurong Island:
Jurong Island's refineries process 1,300,000 barrels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_(volume)#Oil_barrel) (210,000 m3) of crude oil per day

Output for the chemicals cluster—which cover oil and gas, petrochemicals and specialty chemicals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specialty_chemicals)—totaled S$66.5 billion in 2005, an increase of 31 per cent from 2004

3. 100 TOXIC/INDUSTRIAL WASTE DISPOSAL Companies in Jurong

From NEA:
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/cmsresource/20090316562565217318.pdf

4. MINIMUM 8000 Container trucks per day or 700 per hour converging on TUAS starting in 10 years time

http://www.singaporepsa.com/flowthroughgate.php
"It handles an average traffic flow of 700 trucks per peak hour, and 8,000 trucks per day"

Current TEU throughput is 31.26m. Plans are to increase port capacity to 65mil when the Tuas port become fully operational. More than DOUBLE current volume!

5. MINIMUM 1000 shipping vessels will be at new TUAS port starting in 10 years time and can berth for many hours to load and unload.

From Maritime authority of Singapore:

At any one time, there are about 1,000 vessels in the Singapore port.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060928001412AATVFAz

Fully unload, and then load a medium sized container ship of about 800ft. takes about 10-12 hrs.

sgbuyer
21-10-13, 10:15
crematorium from central bishan

This shows that you're not familiar with Singapore. No wonder you bought Jurong!

The crematorium is not in Bishan, let alone central Bishan.

Why don't you talk about the exhumed cemeteries of Bishan instead?

Ringo33
21-10-13, 10:39
This shows that you're not familiar with Singapore. No wonder you bought Jurong!

The crematorium is not in Bishan, let alone central Bishan.

Why don't you talk about the exhumed cemeteries of Bishan instead?

The 2 crematorium in Sin Ming are located less than 2km away from Sky Vue condo and Bishan is historically and presently a surrounded burial site crematorium and funeral parlor.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7099/8hzz.jpg

teddybear
21-10-13, 11:04
Firstly, I don't need to convince anybody if you don't want to believe. I just want to bring out the facts, raise the alert to people who bother to listen, and to correct misleading statements and lies propogated by some people like you here.

Secondly, please go read the US EPA report and the other reports I posted previously and come back to tell us your findings. The answers to your questions are there. There is no need for us to spoon feed you and that is not my job.

Thirdly, lest you forgot, you just reminded us a few days ago that Tuas ports will be MASSIVE! All ships and ports' container trucks and lorries will congregate around there! You not scare of the air pollution from ships and land transport that you highlighted in Tuas which is just beside Jurong vicinity? Oh yes, all container trucks and lorries must pass through Jurong to reach Tuas and vice versa. Imagine the tremendous pollution this will bring to Jurong! :rolleyes:

Fourthly, the other forumers have been kind enough to feed you with more detailed information (which I won't bother to do so since no amount of information feeding will wake somebody who has Permanent Head Damage), and so please go read carefully before you start asking questions because it just show either you can't read or you have no brain to comprehend.

I am sorry, what you have highlighted are only limited sources of air pollution and you have failed miserably in convince us that polluted air from these sources will only spread to Jurong and not other regions of Singapore, especially if you consider that from Tuas to central region, its only around 25km. Did your US EPA say that air pollution from these sources are limited to 25km radius? YES or NO?

And could you also tell us why are you not particularly interested in other possible sources of air pollution such as fumes from hundreds of shipping liners that scatter all over the south coast line (which are only 5km from orchard) , airplane, air pollution from Pasir Gudang chemical industry, crematorium from central bishan, road transportation etc.

Ringo33
21-10-13, 11:17
Firstly, I don't need to convince anybody if you don't want to believe. I just want to bring out the facts, raise the alert to people who bother to listen, and to correct misleading statements and lies propogated by some people like you here.

Secondly, please go read the US EPA report and the other reports I posted previously and come back to tell us your findings. The answers to your questions are there. There is no need for us to spoon feed you and that is not my job.

Thirdly, lest you forgot, you just reminded us a few days ago that Tuas ports will be MASSIVE! All ships and ports' container trucks and lorries will congregate around there! You not scare of the air pollution from ships and land transport that you highlighted in Tuas which is just beside Jurong vicinity? Oh yes, all container trucks and lorries must pass through Jurong to reach Tuas and vice versa. Imagine the tremendous pollution this will bring to Jurong! :rolleyes:

Fourthly, the other forumers have been kind enough to feed you with more detailed information (which I won't bother to do so since no amount of information feeding will wake somebody who has Permanent Head Damage), and so please go read carefully before you start asking questions because it just show either you can't read or you have no brain to comprehend.

I was asking you a simple question.

Did your US EPA say that air pollution from these sources are limited and confined to 25km radius?

YES or NO?

proper-t
21-10-13, 11:46
The 2 crematorium in Sin Ming are located less than 2km away from Sky Vue condo and Bishan is historically and presently a surrounded burial site crematorium and funeral parlor.

Can you please elaborate on the article you posted below, especially the quote from it appended below.

Since you claim to know so much about Jurong, can you let readers know how many waste incinerators are in Jurong?

When I need to engage a sideshow entertainer, I will let you know. In the mean time just keep yourself busy reading my signature.

http://no2crematory.files.wordpress....esenv-intl.pdf

"In comparison with PCDD/F, emissions from waste incinerators (municipal, hazardous and medical), those corresponding to crematories are significantly lower."Unquote

Patrickstar
21-10-13, 13:08
I was speaking from personal experience. I find the air in the east generally fresher. I don't smell bad air coming from ships or factories when I jog at east coast. When I brought my family to Chinese garden or jurong point, there will always be some funny smell in the air. I do not hv the tools to test the compounds in the air but it is definitely some chemical from nearby jurong island or factories. This was also the reason why my family decided against buying a house in or near jurong.

Actually I believe that living around east coast is worst because you are living so close to the fumes coming from the shipping vessel.

You can see that and perhaps smell that when you are along east coast beach. And worst part if that, emission from shipping vessel are not as well regulated as petrol chemical industry and powerplant, beside there are no scientific evidence to show that air quality in other region of Singapore is better and that people living in Jurong has shorter life expectancy.

So here you have a situation of your believe vs my believe.

Like I always said, until you can prove otherwise, if not then dont waste time fear mongering.

heehee
21-10-13, 19:16
Don't need any input from me anymore since the others have already provided, more than enough already.
I have a life outside of this forum.
Please have a life, don't need to try to defend against something that are as concrete as stone.

U keep saying it is real and yet u warn but don't even share with NEA????

U say there are facts and u ask people to find on their own....

U say it is moral hazard but u refuse to share facts and ask people to find on their own????

Please share facts if not it is still an illusion....

Your statement is as good as saying the govt is aware of this but not sharing with the public in the west... Very dangerous assumption... Note, I did not use the word accusation.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If u really have moral conscience, do share with the relevant authorities your findings... Put it on the straits time forum if you strongly believe in it....

If not it is still PURE SPECULATION.....

No hard feeling....:cheers1::cheers1:

walkthetiger
21-10-13, 19:32
Don't need any input from me anymore since the others have already provided, more than enough already.
Please have a life, don't need to try to defend against something that are as concrete as stone.

Realistically, it is not possible to see "water tight" management and control work, especially for environmental works that are so wide.
I will choose to stay away from certain areas as much as I can.

Allthepies
21-10-13, 20:45
I was speaking from personal experience. I find the air in the east generally fresher. I don't smell bad air coming from ships or factories when I jog at east coast. When I brought my family to Chinese garden or jurong point, there will always be some funny smell in the air. I do not hv the tools to test the compounds in the air but it is definitely some chemical from nearby jurong island or factories. This was also the reason why my family decided against buying a house in or near jurong.

Most harmful particles are odourless, PM 2.5 particles are mostly odorless... fart is smelly, it affect the air quality in terms of smell but not harmful to your body. . :)

Carbon monoxide is harmful but odourless, from vehicle exhaust. ..

proud owner
21-10-13, 20:54
Most harmful particles are odourless, PM 2.5 particles are mostly odorless... fart is smelly, it affect the air quality in terms of smell but not harmful to your body. . :)

interesting ...

so those near main road ( like east coast rd ) ..and Bus interchange ... not so ideal then ...

chestnut
21-10-13, 21:10

Aiyo, I thot u want to practice moral conscience leh....

I not defending... I don't stay at jurong...

I also not instigating... I don't stay in jurong...

I don't have moral conscience... Do you???

Don't get upset lar...*

I just come in to tcss only lar...*

Today I share w u the no 1 killer

- colorectal cancer is the no 1 killer followed by lung cancer

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/article?id=598

A few years ago, it was lung cancer followed by colorectal

So the key is watch what u eat as u age and go for colonoscopy every 5 years...

The risk increase with age... Once above 40 , suggest go for colonoscopy...

Relax lar... U must give facts then meaningful....

:cheers4::cheers4:

teddybear
21-10-13, 22:35
Interesting... So I searched about what causes colorectal cancer, surprised! A cause of this colon cancer is "smoking"!
So breathing in second hand smoke is worst than smoking right?
Breathing in pollutants from all those refineries / chemical manufacturing plants / incinerators / power generation plants may be worst than smoking? :scared-1:

Risk factors linked to things you do

Some lifestyle-related factors have been linked to an higher risk of colorectal cancer.
Certain types of diets: a diet that is high in red meats (beef, lamb, or liver) and processed meats (like hot dogs, bologna, and lunch meat) can increase your colorectal cancer risk. Cooking meats at very high heat (frying, broiling, or grilling) can create chemicals that might increase cancer risk.
Lack of exercise
Being very overweight (or obese)
Smoking

Heavy alcohol use
Aiyo, I thot u want to practice moral conscience leh....

I not defending... I don't stay at jurong...

I also not instigating... I don't stay in jurong...

I don't have moral conscience... Do you???

Don't get upset lar...*

I just come in to tcss only lar...*

Today I share w u the no 1 killer

- colorectal cancer is the no 1 killer followed by lung cancer

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/article?id=598

A few years ago, it was lung cancer followed by colorectal

So the key is watch what u eat as u age and go for colonoscopy every 5 years...

The risk increase with age... Once above 40 , suggest go for colonoscopy...

Relax lar... U must give facts then meaningful....

:cheers4::cheers4:

Patrickstar
21-10-13, 23:57
The smell in jurong especially petrochemical fumes is worse than fart and it lingers in the air for hours and hours each day. This smell is also evident in punggol due to pasir gudang petrochemical plant. I feel that as long as the smell is not blatant, most people wouldn't mind. If the air quality in a place is like being in a petrol kiosk , then it is beyond my comfort level.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 00:03
The smell in jurong especially petrochemical fumes is worse than fart and it lingers in the air for hours and hours each day. This smell is also evident in punggol due to pasir gudang petrochemical plant. I feel that as long as the smell is not blatant, most people wouldn't mind. If the air quality in a place is like being in a petrol kiosk , then it is beyond my comfort level.

I could certainly smell the fumes from the shipping liner whenever I go to east coast. I think this could be due to endless chain of shipping vessel that past through our coast line every day.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 00:04
Interesting... So I searched about what causes colorectal cancer, surprised! A cause of this colon cancer is "smoking"!
Breathing in pollutants from all those refineries / chemical manufacturing plants / incinerators / power generation plants may be worst than smoking? :scared-1:

Some lifestyle-related factors have been linked to an higher risk of colorectal cancer.
Certain types of diets: a diet that is high in red meats (beef, lamb, or liver) and processed meats (like hot dogs, bologna, and lunch meat) can increase your colorectal cancer risk. Cooking meats at very high heat (frying, broiling, or grilling) can create chemicals that might increase cancer risk.
Lack of exercise
Smoking

Heavy alcohol use

Have you done your colorectal screening yet?

Patrickstar
22-10-13, 00:18
The difference is that when you are at the coastline of east coast , you get the occasional whiff from the passing ship. When I shop at parkway or have a meal in katong , I don't smell ships or factories. When you go to any part of jurong, the smell of factories is there. It covers such a big area that jurong folks can't avoid unless in an air conditioned building. I do not know the long term health effects of that coz I am not a doctor , but I find it extremely annoying to my senses. I brought my family to jurong point once and remember covering my nose while walking to the hdb carpark across the road where I parked my car. Maybe jurong folks have a high degree of tolerance to such smells.

I could certainly smell the fumes from the shipping liner whenever I go to east coast. I think this could be due to endless chain of shipping vessel that past through our coast line every day.

chestnut
22-10-13, 05:31
Er, sis ah, I think u boo boo on second hand smoke is worse than smoking...

There is guideline on proximity by govt of industrial estate to residence... Under ura planning... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lack of exercise
Smoking

Heavy alcohol use

chestnut
22-10-13, 05:51
How common is Lung Cancer?

Lung cancer rank number 1 killer in the male population and 2nd for the females in Singapore. Between 2005 and 2009, there were about 1193 people in Singapore diagnosed with lung cancer yearly. The great majority were smokers. The risk of lung cancer in a smoker is 15 to 25 times more than for a nonsmoker. More recently, we have increasingly recognized a group of lung cancer in patients who have never smoked, and a proportion of cases are related to Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor mutations.

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/Publications/publications_and_papers/geo_spatial_data/ssnsep09-pg8-12.pdf

Jurong west (east not included) - 264,000

1193/264000X100% = 0.45%...

If we take entire population, the % is way below...

If all lung cancer happens at jurong, the % of 0.45 is low....

Statisitcs will find its way lar.....

Singaporeans are smart, they will know what are issues.....

minority
22-10-13, 05:54

Lack of exercise
Smoking

Heavy alcohol use

A cause of this colon cancer is being a Asshole. :):):):):):):):):)

Ringo33
22-10-13, 07:55
The difference is that when you are at the coastline of east coast , you get the occasional whiff from the passing ship. When I shop at parkway or have a meal in katong , I don't smell ships or factories. When you go to any part of jurong, the smell of factories is there. It covers such a big area that jurong folks can't avoid unless in an air conditioned building. I do not know the long term health effects of that coz I am not a doctor , but I find it extremely annoying to my senses. I brought my family to jurong point once and remember covering my nose while walking to the hdb carpark across the road where I parked my car. Maybe jurong folks have a high degree of tolerance to such smells.

Every time I go to East Coast Park, it always get the feeling that the air is has got some kind of kerosene smell that is coming from the hundreds of shipping vessel that passes by southern coast line everyday. And due to its proximity (around 2km), whenever there is a slight whiff of air blowing towards the shore, you will get the full impact of the fumes. You can certainly see that from the below pictures.

Perhaps those living in East coast might have mistaken the smell of bunker fumes as smell of fresh air from the sea.

And unlike in factories, where emission are regulated by NEA, shipping vessels are not, so no one really know now much toxic gas are flowing towards east coast line. And since Singapore is going to double its port capacity, I would expect the will be a surge in the number of shipping vessel that pass through the channel.

http://static.flickr.com/100/305614575_e2848a42ba_o.jpg

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/guides/hdb/sea.JPG

http://jeffry.ghazally.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/20101028-121834.jpg

http://travel-tips.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/singapore-marina-bay-sands-hotel-ocean-view.jpg

http://eunicechen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Penthouse-view.png

proper-t
22-10-13, 09:06
Every time I go to East Coast Park, it always get the feeling that the air is has got some kind of kerosene smell that is coming from the hundreds of shipping vessel that passes by southern coast line everyday. And due to its proximity (around 2km), whenever there is a slight whiff of air blowing towards the shore, you will get the full impact of the fumes. You can certainly see that from the below pictures.

Perhaps those living in East coast might have mistaken the smell of bunker fumes as smell of fresh air from the sea.

And unlike in factories, where emission are regulated by NEA, shipping vessels are not, so no one really know now much toxic gas are flowing towards east coast line. And since Singapore is going to double its port capacity, I would expect the will be a surge in the number of shipping vessel that pass through the channel.

Do you know that after being in a room full of smokers, the particles will linger on your hair and clothes and you will keep smelling the smoke long after you have left the room? No wonder some people keep smelling fumes..

Anyway, instead of listening to conjecture and baseless statements, here are some facts :

Quick FACTS

1. TWO Waste incinerator plants BURNING upto 4,700 tonnes of refuse daily in Tuas

From NEA website

Tuas South Incineration Plant is the fourth and largest refuse incineration plant in Singapore. Built at a cost of S$890 million and completed in June 2000, it was designed to incinerate 3,000 tonnes of refuse daily.

TIP has the capacity to incinerate 1,700 tonnes of refuse with its 5 units of incinerators

2. JURONG ISLAND Refineries and Chemical Companies - 1.3 Million barrels of oil per day not counting chemical output

From JTC website:
Jurong Island is selected by a number of big industry players as their operations base. Companies who have set up operations in Jurong Island include BASF, Celanese, Exxonmobil, Dupont, Mitsui Chemicals, Chevron Texaco, Shell and Sumitomo Chemical. New additions like CIBA, Huntsman, Natural Fuel, Nexsol and Tate & Lyle have also set up manufacturing facilities on Jurong Island

Jurong Island's refineries process 1,300,000 barrels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_(volume)#Oil_barrel) (210,000 m3) of crude oil per day

Output for the chemicals cluster—which cover oil and gas, petrochemicals and specialty chemicals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specialty_chemicals)—totaled S$66.5 billion in 2005, an increase of 31 per cent from 2004

From NEA:
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/cmsresou...2565217318.pdf (http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/cmsresource/20090316562565217318.pdf)

4. MINIMUM 8000 Container trucks per day or 700 per hour (peak) converging on TUAS starting in 10 years time

"It handles an average traffic flow of 700 trucks per peak hour, and 8,000 trucks per day"

Current TEU throughput is 31.26m. Plans are to increase port capacity to 65mil when the Tuas port become fully operational. More than DOUBLE current volume!

5. MINIMUM 1000 shipping vessels will be at new TUAS port at any point in time (starting in 10 years time) and can berth for many hours to load and unload.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8001412AATVFAz (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060928001412AATVFAz)

Fully unload, and then load a medium sized container ship of about 800ft. takes about 10-12 hrs.

6. Dioxins (toxic) from waste incinerators are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than crematoriums.

Also see Fact 1.

The list grows longer thanks to info kindly provided by forumer below

http://no2crematory.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/toxic_emission_from-_crematoriesenv-intl.pdf

Excerpt : Quote
"In comparison with PCDD/F, emissions from waste incinerators (municipal, hazardous and medical), those corresponding to crematories are significantly lower."Unquote

stalingrad
22-10-13, 09:14
This is getting sillier and sillier by the day. There is no point arguing which part of Singapore has dirtier air.

Basically, air quality in Singapore is not good, but not worst in the world. And one part of Singapore is no cleaner than another part. It is a very small country. So, common sense would dictate little difference in air quality across the country. Whatever toxic air in the east will soon be present in the west, and vice versa.

If you want really clean air, just move to another country. Moving to CCR from OCR makes little difference. I actually agree that East Coast Park has very dirty air.

BTW, PM2.5 at this moment is at 7 in the west and 10 in Central, and 15 is the east. It just proves my point. There is very little difference.

proper-t
22-10-13, 09:19
This is getting sillier and sillier by the day. There is no point arguing which part of Singapore has dirtier air.

Basically, air quality in Singapore is not good, but not worst in the world. And one part of Singapore is no cleaner than another part. It is a very small country. So, common sense would dictate little difference in air quality across the country. Whatever toxic air in the east will soon be present in the west, and vice versa.

If you want really clean air, just move to another country. Moving to CCR from OCR makes little difference. I actually agree that East Coast Park has very dirty air.

First, someone says that there is no difference and then he ends his statement agreeing that East Coast park has very dirty air....why not north, south or central?

If its not too personal, mind sharing to readers where you live and work?

Do you know that after being in a room full of smokers, the particles will linger on your hair and clothes and you will keep smelling the smoke long after you have left the room? No wonder some people keep smelling fumes..

stalingrad
22-10-13, 09:22
First, someone says that there is no difference and then he ends his statement agreeing that East Coast park has very dirty air....

If its not too personal, mind sharing to readers where you live and work?

Hey, peace. I said that ECP has dirty air to show it is equally dirty across the island. The west has dirty air too, I agree.

proper-t
22-10-13, 09:28
Hey, peace. I said that ECP has dirty air to show it is equally dirty across the island. The west has dirty air too, I agree.

Peace offering accepted but certains facts can't be denied.

Given a choice, will you want to live closer or further away from a heavy industrial area even in a small country like Singapore. Especially after knowing the facts below:

Quick FACTS

1. TWO Waste incinerator plants BURNING upto 4,700 tonnes of refuse daily in Tuas

From NEA website

From JTC website:

From NEA:
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/cmsresou...2565217318.pdf (http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/cmsresource/20090316562565217318.pdf)

4. MINIMUM 8000 Container trucks per day or 700 per hour (peak) converging on TUAS starting in 10 years time

5. MINIMUM 1000 shipping vessels will be at new TUAS port at any point in time (starting in 10 years time) and can berth for many hours to load and unload.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8001412AATVFAz (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060928001412AATVFAz)

6. Dioxins (toxic) from waste incinerators are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than crematoriums.

Also see Fact 1.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 09:29

BTW, PM2.5 at this moment is at 7 in the west and 10 in Central, and 15 is the east. It just proves my point. There is very little difference.

Been asking Teddybear if the US EPA report specifically mentioned that air pollution only affect residents within 10 to 20km radius. So far no reply yet and I dont expect we will get any reply either because trolls cannot survive on facts.

Tuas to JLD = 12km
Tuas to Bukit Timah = 17km
Tuas to Orchard = 22km

proper-t
22-10-13, 09:58
The question remains.

Given a choice (but not relocating out of the country), would you rather live in close proximity to a heavy industrial area or further away?

This is after knowing all the facts below:

Quick FACTS

From NEA website

From JTC website:

From NEA:

Also see Fact 1.

http://no2crematory.files.wordpress....esenv-intl.pdf (http://no2crematory.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/toxic_emission_from-_crematoriesenv-intl.pdf)

stalingrad
22-10-13, 10:08
I would live in the West if that would get me closer to work. I would live in Bishan if I work in the area. It's where you job is that determines where I live. Given that air quality is equally good or equally bad across the island, there is no preference for me as far as where I like to live. I would not live in Central to go to work in the east or west. It just would make zero sense given how bad traffic has become in the country. I think that is reason the west is booming. No one can afford to live in central but work in the west. It would take too much time driving. It would be feasible 15 years ago. But not anymore.

proper-t
22-10-13, 10:13
I would live in the West if that would get me closer to work. I would live in Bishan if I work in the area. It's where you job is that determines where I live. Given that air quality is equally good or equally bad across the island, there is no preference for me as far as where I like to live. I would not live in Central to go to work in the east or west. It just would make zero sense given how bad traffic has become in the country. I think that is reason the west is booming. No one can afford to live in central but work in the west. It would take too much time driving. It would be feasible 15 years ago. But not anymore.

You are adding parameters again.

If there were no other considerations (work, cost, amenities etc) other than the fact that there is a heavy industrial presence in that district, would you prefer to live in close proximity to the heavy industrial area or further away?

Ringo33
22-10-13, 10:15

If there were no other considerations (work, cost, amenities etc) other than the fact that there is a heavy industrial presence in that district, would you prefer to live in close proximity to the heavy industrial area or further away?

proximity as a term is meaningless to someone to have total disregard for distant.

For someone living in the east who should be more concern about the pollution in their own backyard, such as massive and globally recognizable maritime and aviation pollutions

proper-t
22-10-13, 10:20
proximity as a term is meaningless to someone to have total disregard for distant.

Fine, let's go by the district boundaries then. Would you prefer to live within the same district which has a heavy industrial presence or some other districts assuming there are no other considerations (work, cost, amenities etc) at play?

Bearing in mind the facts below

Quick FACTS

From NEA website

From JTC website:

From NEA:

Also see Fact 1.

[quote=Ringo33]
http://no2crematory.files.wordpress....esenv-intl.pdf (http://no2crematory.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/toxic_emission_from-_crematoriesenv-intl.pdf)
[q/uote]

stalingrad
22-10-13, 10:22

You are just talking bullshit nonsense. No area is like any other area in any country. When we consider where to live, we need to consider everything. The west is better for some because it is cheaper, closer to work, and offers as many amenities as central, and no worse air than other areas of Singapore. That is the whole point of the debate. No point harping about a minute tiny difference in air quality. Air quality would make a difference when you compare for example, Melbourne and Beijing. That would be a meaningful difference. Comparing the west and east of Singapore is just plain stupid. The difference is too small to be meaningful in terms of health and life expectancy.

AQI is at 237 in beijing, 12 in Toronto, and 38 in Central Singapore, and 25 in western Singapore. The west has the best air at this moment, by the way.

proper-t
22-10-13, 10:41
You are just talking bullshit nonsense. No area is like any other area in any country. When we consider where to live, we need to consider everything. The west is better for some because it is cheaper, closer to work, and offers as many amenities as central, and no worse air than other areas of Singapore. That is the whole point of the debate. No point harping about a minute tiny difference in air quality. Air quality would make a difference when you compare for example, Melbourne and Beijing. That would be a meaningful difference. Comparing the west and east of Singapore is just plain stupid. The difference is too small to be meaningful in terms of health and life expectancy.

Choices are a form of compromise. Its just how much is at stake.

Actually, all is becoming clear to me now (I just recalled a post by hopeful):

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Firstly, I presume you are a foreigner (unless you have acquired citizenship recently)

Secondly, your office is in the west.

Thirdly, your tenure of work here is probably by contract which means that there is a definitive time frame for the length of your stay in Singapore

I assume the ultimate end game for you will be to depart from Singapore and return to your country of citizenship or some other country of choice where you feel the air is cleaner.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 11:06

Firstly, I presume you are a foreigner (unless you have acquired citizenship recently)

Thirdly, your tenure of work here is probably by contract which means that there is a definitive time frame for the length of your stay in Singapore

I assume the ultimate end game for you will be to depart from Singapore and return to your country of citizenship or some other country of choice where you feel the air is cleaner.

dont side track.

proper-t
22-10-13, 11:12
dont side track.

Look at the above from the 'King of sidetracking'. You sure know how to provide entertainment in this forum.

What I mentioned is very pertinent.

Its very easy for a prisoner to reassure others when he has a 'get of out jail' card. Can we take such statements seriously?

august
22-10-13, 11:13

Hopeful exposed his identity not long ago, lol.
Foreigners are here to make money and move on to greener pastures.The govt allows and welcomes it. :)

Ringo33
22-10-13, 11:36
Look at the above from the 'King of sidetracking'. You sure know how to provide entertainment in this forum.

Its very easy for a prisoner to reassure others when he has a 'get of out jail' card. Can we take such statements seriously?

Switching from air pollution to speculating about individual is one of the more common side track move by troll in this forum.

Isnt it very obvious that you are living in the east, thats why you are not talking about the air pollution from the shipping vessel along the east coast.

Like I said before, if you are concern about air pollution, better start cleaning up your backyard first instead of talking about something that is far away.

stalingrad
22-10-13, 11:38

We have lived in this "jail" for 17 years. So, talk all you want, but be fair.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 11:42
Like I said before, beware!!

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9284/rlcn.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1788/2qjg.jpg

stalingrad
22-10-13, 11:45
The best place in Singapore is actually Chinese and Japanese Gardens, both of which are in Jurong. There is an abundance of wildlife in Chinese Gardens. I even saw a stork once. Monitor lizards are so common, you forget that you live in Singapore.

DC33_2008
22-10-13, 11:56
I am sure the authority is certainly concerned about the PM2.5 issue in Singapore given quite a no. of days in a year with values exceeding WHO's threshold of 20microgram/m3. Cars, ships, factories, etc are culprits of such emission. Exposure risk depends on size of sources, emission rate, types of sources, distance from sources, wind speed, wind direction, terrain, etc. Health effect can be chronic and/or acute in nature. We have our own list of priorities in deciding where we want to live in. It is our choice.:)

proper-t
22-10-13, 12:01
We have lived in this "jail" for 17 years. So, talk all you want, but be fair.

Sure, if your organisation is willing to renew the contract, what's a few more years of breathing in the air in exchange for big bucks to buy a nice house by the lake with clean fresh air when you decide to leave?

Like, I said, its all about compromise.

Everyone knows pollution is a slow kill.

I am sure a lot of readers will be interested to know whether you are going to become a citizen and stay permanently in the west?

proper-t
22-10-13, 12:26
Switching from air pollution to speculating about individual is one of the more common side track move by troll in this forum.

You are so easy to bait....

All Hail to The King of Trolls below!

Have you done your colorectal screening yet?

which side of you is talking now? The beast side or the freak side?

bragging about what you own or how rich you are in this forum? I will leave that to the wannabes to do that.

Mermaid, do you like people asking if you mum is a beast or freak?

Please come clean. who exactly are you?

200 folds? Want to lie or talk big also pick a more believable numbers lah.
Are you from CityHarvest?

Having said that, may I know why are you so eager to sell our FH land to NC? Self interest? Or are you hoping that your daughter will end up in a Ferrari driven by NC?

Do you think that hsifreffup is a fake account?

teddybear
22-10-13, 12:43
Jurong Island to JLD = about 5km.
Didn't the Europe environment agency say you better live much more than 7km from the refineries? (Obviously, the further the better!).
I posted this article previously. You are like the 9?.?FM, hear only what you want to hear? If so, no wonder keep defending JLD non-stop and attacking those who are telling the truth that Jurong Island pollution is bad for JLD! :doh:

Been asking Teddybear if the US EPA report specifically mentioned that air pollution only affect residents within 10 to 20km radius. So far no reply yet and I dont expect we will get any reply either because trolls cannot survive on facts.

Tuas to JLD = 12km
Tuas to Bukit Timah = 17km
Tuas to Orchard = 22km

teddybear
22-10-13, 12:53
What AQI hah? Quite useless if you are living within 7km of refineries, incinerators, chemical manufacturing plants, etc because the truth is, it does not capture much of what is released by these heavy industries. If AQI is really useful, does US EPA need to conduct a thorough investigations on 150 CHEMICALS around homes nearby refineries & chemical plants and then issue a report of warning?! :doh:

AQI is at 237 in beijing, 12 in Toronto, and 38 in Central Singapore, and 25 in western Singapore. The west has the best air at this moment, by the way.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 13:16
Attractions in the west

http://www.richardfarmer.ca/Singapore-Jurong_Bird_Park-035.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/56526723.jpg

http://media.myfotojournal.com/blogs/bryank/photos/2012/05/02/large_e9f79bd8ab373f292600.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/9584384.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DmcuR80j8Mo/THCV4Y5GmFI/AAAAAAAAN0U/preLwNH5R-M/s1600/SNC11365.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/20130816/ST_20130816_JXSTREETVIEWI2K1_3794881e.jpg

http://www.bestplacesexplorer.com/images/JurongSwiming1.jpg

http://hillsta.org/wp-content/uploads/little-guilin.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/45/ChineseGardenSingapore-bridge-pagoda-20080501.jpg/800px-ChineseGardenSingapore-bridge-pagoda-20080501.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xDN_HTdnVRA/TOsUewfGt3I/AAAAAAAABPo/KxTbIyLdLdo/s1600/IMG_1810.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Kl_qokJBZx0/S_1b7IYBj5I/AAAAAAAAAxQ/vcm9FeE0AWc/s1600/P5190734.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e6nqvlYEsBE/UE17Rwv9l0I/AAAAAAAADqY/Ovboqf3H00I/s1600/DSC04103A.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7kkChwB6E5s/UE17JuFpKfI/AAAAAAAADqI/zmVqZzTi5mI/s1600/DSC04106A.jpg

http://www.pub.gov.sg/mpublications/Image%20Gallery/Pandan%20Reservoir/9th%20Merlion%20Rowing%20Championship%2004%20at%20Pandan%20Reservoir%20-%2016-20%20Jun%2004.jpg

Ringo33
22-10-13, 13:17
What AQI hah? Quite useless if you are living within 7km of refineries, incinerators, chemical manufacturing plants, etc because the truth is, it does not capture much of what is released by these heavy industries. If AQI is really useful, does US EPA need to conduct a thorough investigations on 150 CHEMICALS around homes nearby refineries & chemical plants and then issue a report of warning?! :doh:

Teddy, did your US EPA report states that air pollution is limited to only 15km radius from source?

mermaid
22-10-13, 13:19
Attractions in the west

the more hard selling u do, the more discredit u r gg to bring to west residents. tis is a simple salesman rule, idiots oso can understand.

tink u wun stop until u r being shoot at them.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 13:21
the more hard selling u do, the more discredit u r gg to bring to west residents. tis is a simple salesman rule, idiots oso can understand.

tink u wun stop until u r being shoot at them.

good products will sell by itself, dont need salesman talk.

J Gateway sold out in 1 day is a good example of good product.

mermaid
22-10-13, 13:28

I almost fell off my chair when I see tis coming fm u!

so y do u kept hard selling Jurong?
if Jurong is really so fantastic in the 1st place, is there a need to do constant promoting?
besides salesmen doing hard sell during pre launches, I dun see others except u behaving so desperately.
u r really having such low confidence of Jurong tat u nid to resort to daily chanting of the PROS of Jurong?
or r u tinking tat the potential tenants/buyers of Jurong r idiots hence easy targets to be brain washed?

dun make everyone dislikes Jurong simply becos if u alone.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 13:35
I almost fell off my chair when I see tis coming fm u!

so y do u kept hard selling Jurong?
if Jurong is really so fantastic in the 1st place, is there a need to do constant promoting?
besides salesmen doing hard sell during pre launches, I dun see others except u behaving so desperately.
u r really having such low confidence of Jurong tat u nid to resort to daily chanting of the PROS of Jurong?
or r u tinking tat the potential tenants/buyers of Jurong r idiots hence easy targets to be brain washed?

dun make everyone dislikes Jurong simply becos if u alone.

the rental yield and transaction price speak of itself.
So please dont waste time trying to impress anyone here with all you big talking.

Have you finally figure out how to pay maintenance fee??

mermaid
22-10-13, 13:46
So please dont waste time trying to impress anyone here with all you big talking.

sorry, I believe my investment hv gd upside potential else I wouldn't hv bought it in the 1st place.

No additional promotion is req'd by me here. zzzzzz ... as if ppl r stupid & cannot judge & analyse by themselves :doh:

I simply cant bring myself to hard sell like wat u did over here! :doh:
I am unlike u, a virtual keyboard warrior who can shamelessly promote without feeling paiseh. 别逼我,我真的做不到 :( ppl noe me in real life & my reputation still matters a lot to me, hahaha :D

mkmm
22-10-13, 13:55

J Gateway sold out in 1 day is a good example of good product.

Is it true that J Gateway sold out within a day? If it is true, no point waste time in arguing and explaining how good is Jurong, market is all about supply and demand; results show by itself!

Ringo33
22-10-13, 14:15
sorry, I believe my investment hv gd upside potential else I wouldn't hv bought it in the 1st place.

No additional promotion is req'd by me here. zzzzzz ... as if ppl r stupid & cannot judge & analyse by themselves :doh:

I simply cant bring myself to hard sell like wat u did over here! :doh:
I am unlike u, a virtual keyboard warrior who can shamelessly promote without feeling paiseh. 别逼我,我真的做不到 :( ppl noe me in real life & my reputation still matters a lot to me, hahaha :D

There is no need to believe or not believe, at the end of the day, number speaks for itself.

So which Hong Leong RCR project did you buy?

proper-t
22-10-13, 14:56
There is no need to believe or not believe, at the end of the day, number speaks for itself.

So which Hong Leong RCR project did you buy?

Hail....the King of Trolls !

mermaid
22-10-13, 15:12
Hail....the King of Trolls !

lol!!!
I was wondering if u actually went to memorise his posts by heart, haha :D

EBD
22-10-13, 16:49
Is it true that J Gateway sold out within a day? If it is true, no point waste time in arguing and explaining how good is Jurong, market is all about supply and demand; results show by itself!

mkmm, As a matter of curiosity, how come there are a few caveats (13) lodged in Aug if it's all sold out in one day?

I'm not suggesting it wasn't - are they returned units? Doubt they could be flipped ones.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 17:17
mkmm, As a matter of curiosity, how come there are a few caveats (13) lodged in Aug if it's all sold out in one day?

I'm not suggesting it wasn't - are they returned units? Doubt they could be flipped ones.

There were about 17 return units, out of 738 units. A record low.

Patrickstar
22-10-13, 18:04
Just a point to ponder. All condos in sg get sold out eventually, but do you think all condos are good or investment grade just because every unit has been sold? I think the reason for jgateway's sellout has a lot to do with sales strategy and timing as many bought just before tdsr kicked in.

Ringo33
22-10-13, 18:08
Just a point to ponder. All condos in sg get sold out eventually, but do you think all condos are good or investment grade just because every unit has been sold? I think the reason for jgateway's sellout has a lot to do with sales strategy and timing as many bought just before tdsr kicked in.

Welcome back.

What is so unique about J Gateway sales strategy and timing?

Patrickstar
22-10-13, 18:29
Agents these days are very good at creating pent up demand and hype up a project before they are actually launched. Tdsr also has a big part to play as people with their kiasu mentality just want to secure a unit before the latest cooling measure came to force. That phenomenon can also be seen before the absd came to force.

Welcome back.

What is so unique about J Gateway sales strategy and timing?

Ringo33
22-10-13, 19:32
Agents these days are very good at creating pent up demand and hype up a project before they are actually launched. Tdsr also has a big part to play as people with their kiasu mentality just want to secure a unit before the latest cooling measure came to force. That phenomenon can also be seen before the absd came to force.

1) The project was sold out during preview, and prior to that, it is the standard SOP online marketing. Was there something extra ordinary?

2) The preview was conducted on friday, a working day where people who are interested will have to take leave from work to attend. And during that day itself, the project was pretty much sold out by 5pm and the TDRS announcement was only made to the public at about 6pm+

perhaps you have got your facts wrong.

stalingrad
22-10-13, 20:23
http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/orchard-road-among-13-places-red-zone-dengue

Orchard is now a dengue hot bed. It doesn't seem like an area with clean air to me.

proper-t
22-10-13, 21:01
http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/orchard-road-among-13-places-red-zone-dengue

Orchard is now a dengue hot bed. It doesn't seem like an area with clean air to me.

How to Use Natural Methods for Keeping Mosquitoes Out of the Yard
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-natural-methods-keeping-mosquitoes-6780494.html?cat=5

"3. Start a fire. Sitting out in the yard at night is a common occurrence in the hot summer. It's cooler outside than in. Outdoor entertainment saves on air conditioning. Mosquitoes, unfortunately are most prominent at dusk. To keep them away from the yard at this time of day, why not build a fire in an outdoor pit? You can sit around the fire in peace, because the smoke drives away mosquitoes and other biting insects.
" Unquote

Mosquitoes don't stand a chance....

http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/smoke/slides/53_1837.jpg

http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/smoke/slides/51_1745.jpg

http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/smoke/slides/52_1836.jpg

Patrickstar
22-10-13, 21:11
You seem to be very knowledgeable about what happened that day , believe you must have bought a unit there. Do you regret your decision or do you think it is still a better buy than cheaper launches elsewhere ?

1) The project was sold out during preview, and prior to that, it is the standard SOP online marketing. Was there something extra ordinary?

2) The preview was conducted on friday, a working day where people who are interested will have to take leave from work to attend. And during that day itself, the project was pretty much sold out by 5pm and the TDRS announcement was only made to the public at about 6pm+

perhaps you have got your facts wrong.

mermaid
22-10-13, 22:58
You seem to be very knowledgeable about what happened that day , believe you must have bought a unit there. Do you regret your decision or do you think it is still a better buy than cheaper launches elsewhere ?

I will bet wif my head & my tail tat u wun receive a satisfactory answer fm R33 but many of us here noes exactly wat is his answers to the above qns :D

Ringo33
23-10-13, 06:35

You seems to have a very keen interest in this thread since signing up in Oct 2013. Do you happen to be someone in this forum who just sign up a new account for trolling?

I would be very keen to know which other projects has got better potential than J Gateway in Jurong Lake District. Could you be kind enough to give a few names?

hopeful
23-10-13, 08:22

Are u saying to this effect?
JG is a no good project but helped by good marketing agents and tdsr announcement?
Skyvue and the glades are good project but let down by bad marketing agents and post tdsr effect?

hopeful
23-10-13, 08:30

Ur questions abt good marketing agent and tdsr effects seems to have taken a turn somewhere.
After r33 responsded, u cannot find a way to reply back and now ask abt personal stuff?
So u agree with r33 reply?
If dont agree with r33, then please reply back instead of asking personal stuff like whether hebought unit there or not, regret or not.

Patrickstar
23-10-13, 12:12
This happen to be the hottest thread so I was thinking of joining in the discussions. Am I restricted from posting here ?

You seems to have a very keen interest in this thread since signing up in Oct 2013. Do you happen to be someone in this forum who just sign up a new account for trolling?

I would be very keen to know which other projects has got better potential than J Gateway in Jurong Lake District. Could you be kind enough to give a few names?

Patrickstar
23-10-13, 12:15
You sound very condescending from the tone of your messages, have I offended you in any way?

Are u saying to this effect?
JG is a no good project but helped by good marketing agents and tdsr announcement?
Skyvue and the glades are good project but let down by bad marketing agents and post tdsr effect?

Ringo33
23-10-13, 12:16
This happen to be the hottest thread so I was thinking of joining in the discussions. Am I restricted from posting here ?

Welcome back

Patrickstar
23-10-13, 12:22
Don't know what you mean by this but I had a look at the previous posts and see that you do have a personal agenda with several forumers. I think you should chill out a bit

Welcome back

Ringo33
23-10-13, 12:24
Don't know what you mean by this but I had a look at the previous posts and see that you do have a personal agenda with several forumers. I think you should chill out a bit

Your acting skills is very poor.

Patrickstar
23-10-13, 12:31
If you wish I can add you in my blocked list. I am new to this forum and I don't think this is the right way to speak to people in a forum. I think this attitude won't get you very far. This will be my last post to you.

mermaid
23-10-13, 12:34

we r all very sincere & truthful ppl. how do u expect us to act & mislead others like wat u always do?

very sorry to disappoint u!
we r not to tat level yet!

hopeful
23-10-13, 12:57
You sound very condescending from the tone of your messages, have I offended you in any way?

So what r u trying to say exactly regarding agents marketing and tdsr?

Patrickstar
23-10-13, 13:09
I don't like repeating myself , you may look at what i posted earlier :)
So what r u trying to say exactly regarding agents marketing and tdsr?

Ringo33
23-10-13, 13:29
If you wish I can add you in my blocked list. I am new to this forum and I don't think this is the right way to speak to people in a forum. I think this attitude won't get you very far. This will be my last post to you.

The more you talk, the more you are revealing yourself actually.
As the saying goes, leopard doesnt change its spot.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 13:32
we r all very sincere & truthful ppl. how do u expect us to act & mislead others like wat u always do?

very sorry to disappoint u!
we r not to tat level yet!

you are the most despicable member in this forum. start a thread to ask about age, but too afraid to reveal yourself. Talk so much about Bishan Sky Vue, but no confident about its potential. And the most lowly of all is to start talking about other people's parent.

I am sure you wont like it if someone ask if your mother is half beast or half freak right?

teddybear
23-10-13, 13:34
Ringo,
Why you never tell us the Orchard dengue all happened to workers from 1 construction site hah? You trying to mislead again?

I was wondering why the West area so far no dengue despite so many construction sites going on, no wonder! You provided the answer! The smokes that are coming out 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in Jurong area already killed all the dengue mosquitoes in their beds at all these construction sites in the West area like in Jurong and JLD! :doh:

So, it seems West area like Jurong & JLD has 1 advantage: Less chance of Dengue! But that also prove that the West area like Jurong has so much more toxic gases and smokes compared to the rest of the regions in Singapore! Worst than East Coast or Changi! We still don't know the long-term effect yet! May be many people got slow poisoning, and these induced cancers like lung cancers, colon cancers, ...? :doh:

How to Use Natural Methods for Keeping Mosquitoes Out of the Yard
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-natural-methods-keeping-mosquitoes-6780494.html?cat=5

"3. Start a fire. Sitting out in the yard at night is a common occurrence in the hot summer. It's cooler outside than in. Outdoor entertainment saves on air conditioning. Mosquitoes, unfortunately are most prominent at dusk. To keep them away from the yard at this time of day, why not build a fire in an outdoor pit? You can sit around the fire in peace, because the smoke drives away mosquitoes and other biting insects.
" Unquote

Mosquitoes don't stand a chance....

http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/smoke/slides/53_1837.jpg

http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/smoke/slides/51_1745.jpg

http://www.stomp.com.sg/gallery/smoke/slides/52_1836.jpg

Area along Orchard Road declared dengue ‘red’ zone

SINGAPORE — An area along Orchard Road has been declared a dengue “red” zone, after 18 dengue cases linked to the Orchard Gateway construction project were reported.
BY - 8 HOURS 2 MIN AGO
SINGAPORE — An area along Orchard Road has been declared a dengue “red” zone, after 18 dengue cases linked to the Orchard Gateway construction project were reported.

A second cluster, comprising three cases, has also formed in the Eber Road and Oxley Rise area, but no link has been observed between the two clusters yet.

According to the National Environment Agency (NEA), two breeding spots were found on the Orchard Gateway construction site. Fifteen of the 18 dengue victims in the zone are workers on the site, while the rest are working in the cluster area. “It cannot be confirmed if the three contracted dengue at their workplace or at their residence,” said an NEA spokesperson.

A dengue cluster is formed when two or more dengue cases occur within 14 days and the homes of the victims are 150m of each other. Any area with over 10 cases is considered a high-risk or “red” cluster.

The NEA said the contractor of the Orchard Gateway site stopped operations for five days to conduct a “thorough check” to remove potential breeding habitats, and its workers are taking their temperature and applying insect repellent daily. NEA officers have also conducted three rounds of inspection since the area was identified as a cluster on Oct 10.

“The contractor will be fined for the mosquito breeding found and has been warned that (the) NEA may impose a stop-work order if the situation does not improve,” added the NEA spokesperson.

As of yesterday, there have been 18,296 reported dengue cases in Singapore this year, and six reported dengue deaths. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

Ringo33
23-10-13, 13:38
Teddy, dont avoid my question leh.

Did you US EPA report states that air pollution are confined to only 15 to 20km radius?

YES or NO?

mermaid
23-10-13, 13:40
you are the most despicable member in this forum. start a thread to ask about age, but too afraid to reveal yourself. Talk so much about Bishan Sky Vue, but no confident about its potential. And the most lowly of all is to start talking about other people's parent.

I am sure you wont like it if someone ask if your mother is half beast or half freak right?

oh really? tsk, tsk, tsk ... tis is really bad of me! :scared-4:

y dun u go & create a thread and ask if Im the most despicable member in this forum. Make it a pte poll so tat all will dare to vote.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 13:56
After seeing the success of JLD, someone from the East is hoping URA will build a CBD in the EAST :)

So its not unexpected to see some forum members here trying to talk bad about JLD despite its obvious potential.

Create another CBD in the east

10 Oct 2013, Straits Times
TUESDAY'S commentary ("Transport plan needs more than just hardware") said that had the original public transport plans made a decade ago been adhered to, our transport infrastructure would have kept pace with the population boom.

It also pointed out the 360 per cent increase in commuter trips, compared with the 110 per cent growth in population since 1981, and commented that the new masterplan may merely be playing catch-up.

These observations suggest that a thorough, long-term review of our transport plan is needed, as meeting future demand for public transport takes decades to plan and execute. We should pay more attention to the cost-effectiveness of our public transport, as much of the infrastructure and equipment costs are not fully reflected in passenger fares but are subsidised by taxpayers' money.

Considering increases in construction and operational costs in the future, how cost-effective would the different forms of transport be then? These numbers are useful for transport planning and for us to know the true costs of our public transport.

Ideally, we should also do a thorough review of our urban planning and re-examine some old planning concepts inherited from the past when our population was much smaller.

A case in point is whether we should forever stick to having one Central Business District (CBD) or whether it would be better to have another one in the future.

From the cost-effectiveness angle, it makes sense to have another CBD - in the east, for example.

Building transport infrastructure leading to the new CBD would be much cheaper than that to the existing one.

We should not incessantly add traffic to the congested southern tip of our island year after year. With another CBD on the other side of the island, we would create more traffic in the opposite direction during peak hours.

Let us explore this now as it would be very costly for future Singaporeans to reverse the plans.

Ng Ya Ken

hopeful
23-10-13, 14:28
I don't like repeating myself , you may look at what i posted earlier :)

Ok, i get it. JG agents are a one hit wonder. They cannot repeat their marketing genius at other projects.

So other projects like SV, the glades are good projects however they lack a genius matketing team.

Perhaps u have a lot of ahowroom experience as well?

mermaid
23-10-13, 14:30
Perhaps u have a lot of ahowroom experience as well?

tink u r behaving more & more like R33 :cheers1:

Patrickstar
23-10-13, 14:34
It is stressful talking to some members in this forum who can't agree to disagree so I shan't drain my energy on answering to their frivolous line of questioning.

hopeful
23-10-13, 14:39

If i know what patrickstr was talking abt, i wouldnt ask him again on what he is trying to say isnt it?
Instead he is too lazy to repeat.

So r33 already replies the sequencw on the friday of jg launched, instead what patrick does is it to ask him wjether he buy or not, regret or not. How is thia relevant to his contention about matketing agent prowess and tdsr?

mermaid
23-10-13, 14:55
If i know what patrickstr was talking abt, i wouldnt ask him again on what he is trying to say isnt it?
Instead he is too lazy to repeat.

So r33 already replies the sequencw on the friday of jg launched, instead what patrick does is it to ask him wjether he buy or not, regret or not. How is thia relevant to his contention about matketing agent prowess and tdsr?

the marketing post & JG launch post is 2 separate qn altogether. y is there a nid for further explanation?

P's explanation abt marketing is in response to R33 qn on the uniqueness of J G sales strategy and timing. by rite the story on mktg shd end here.

But R33 went on to gave details on JG launch.
So P was impressed by the details & followed up by asking if R33 is vested, whether it is a gd buy etc.

tat's my interpretation of the whole thing. I dun see any prob wif tat?

or perhaps u can enlighten us on the best model qn tat P shd ask after R33 has given JG launch details.

proud owner
23-10-13, 15:09
1)in general ... when a person sees something he likes ... he will find all the reasons to justify why he shud get it...

2)if one doesn't like it ...one will also find reasons why one shouldn't buy...

3)others will try to give their opinions if they would or would not consider buying ...

all information gathered from 1 2 and 3 will help sideliners make a decision..

that is what I used to find in this forum ....

now its all about pushing ones opinion ALL THE WAY ..to a point of name calling, to hum-tam-ing even in other threads ...

these are all so unnecessary and immature behavior

have I learn anything from this forum ?

YES ... Human behavior

Ringo33
23-10-13, 16:37
It is stressful talking to some members in this forum who can't agree to disagree so I shan't drain my energy on answering to their frivolous line of questioning.

you are starting to speak like you true self now. welcome back.

teddybear
23-10-13, 16:54
Ringo,
I want to welcome you back to my question:
maintenance fee need to pay GST or not?

So simple question you also can't answer?
You scared you answer wrongly is it? :doh:

Smart or not, wait till you answer my question then all forumers here will know!
Since you said other people newbie in property because this simple fact also don't know, so I ask you loh.................. :p
Don't tell me you also don't know?! :scared-5:
Stop beating around the bush can? Simple question also cannot answer? :doh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
If you need to ask that mean you are not very smart person.

Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
Ringo,
still waiting for your reply................... So simple question about maintenance fee need to pay GST or not you also can't answer?

Quote:
I saw your post asking about GST for maintenance fee, so I thought this must be the first time you are buying private property.

Correct? When TOP?

Quote:
Anyone who have been paying maintenance fee will not ask this kind of questions and if you own a TOP condo, you should also be paying your Q4 maintenance fee this month.

Like I say before, its perfectly fine if you just bought your 1st condo, there is nothing to be ashamed of, so please dont cook up all sort of ridicules stories to deny it.

You do sound like a person with very low self esteem. Do you need help?

mermaid
23-10-13, 16:56
Ringo,

u trying to buaya ringo issit? :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

teddybear
23-10-13, 16:59
Difficult to find a question which he will keep avoiding to answer instead of trying to argue his way all the way, so must seize the opportunity mah! :p

u trying to buaya ringo issit? :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:03
Difficult to find a question which he will keep avoiding to answer instead of trying to argue his way all the way, so must seize the opportunity mah! :p

if u still rmb, he still owes many of us many questions :47:
but no point asking. I nvr pester him for an answer more than once if he doesn't respond.
y?
cos he is a coward!
worse den women! :doh:

Ringo33
23-10-13, 17:22

You should tell me what you want to hear then i will tell you exactly that. Or else you will be going round in circle say I am lying and I need to prove to you and all the BS.

So tell me what you want me to say then I will say loh

Is JG my first property? What if I say no?

Ringo33
23-10-13, 17:24
if u still rmb, he still owes many of us many questions :47:
but no point asking. I nvr pester him for an answer more than once if he doesn't respond.
y?
cos he is a coward!
worse den women! :doh:

After all the big talk about Sky Vue, do you think it has got better capital gain and rental yield potential than J Gateway?

But after knowing that you have just bought your first property, I shall lower my expectation on you.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 17:25

Btw, did you US EPA report indicate that air pollution is only limited to 15 to 20km radius?

Yes or No? Dont avoid my question leh.

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:25
You should tell me what you want to hear then i will tell you exactly that. Or else you will be going round in circle say I am lying and I need to prove to you and all the BS.

yes means yes, no means no.
no such thing as wat if!!!

Ringo33
23-10-13, 17:31
yes means yes, no means no.
no such thing as wat if!!!

I was hoping you will say YES or NO when I ask you the question about Sky Vue and J Gateway. Till now, I also didnt get an answer.

I also ask if you just bought your FIRST and only property, till now I also got no answer.

I also ask if you like other to ask if you mother is a freak or beast, you also didnt answer.

I also ask why start a poll to collect forummer age when you yourself doesnt want to disclose. Also no answer.

So how? Am I suppose to entertain the half freak and half beast?

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:38
I was hoping you will say YES or NO when I ask you the question about Sky Vue and J Gateway. Till now, I also didnt get an answer.

I also ask if you just bought your FIRST and only property, till now I also got no answer.

I also ask if you like other to ask if you mother is a freak or beast, you also didnt answer.

I also ask why start a poll to collect forummer age when you yourself doesnt want to disclose. Also no answer.

So how? Am I suppose to entertain the half freak and half beast?

haha, tis is funny. y shd I answer yr qns when u hv not even answered mine/ours?!
even though Im not smart, Im not stupid leh!
u muz be very naïve to tink tat u can order ppl around instructing them to tell u tis & tat per wat u like! :doh:

btw, not tat ppl refuse to answer u. in fact many had answer yr qns more than once. but u failed to understand the simple message ppl r trying to bring across.

Take note, only u in tis forum hv tis wrong frequency prob! no one else!

Ringo33
23-10-13, 17:44
haha, tis is funny. y shd I answer yr qns when u hv not even answered mine/ours?!
even though Im not smart, Im not stupid leh!
u muz be very naïve to tink tat u can order ppl around instructing them to tell u tis & tat per wat u like! :doh:

btw, not tat ppl refuse to answer u. in fact many had answer yr qns more than once. but u failed to understand the simple message ppl r trying to bring across.

Take note, only u in tis forum hv tis wrong frequency prob! no one else!

After talking so much about how great is Sky Vue and Bishan and J Gateway launch price has already factor in ALL of future JLD potential. I wont say that you are stupid, but just dont think you are very clever.

Perhaps its best that you just echo what others are saying so that you will never need to defend what you said alone.

mermaid
23-10-13, 17:48
After talking so much about how great is Sky Vue and Bishan and J Gateway launch price has already factor in ALL of future JLD potential. I wont say that you are stupid, but just dont think you are very clever.

oh ... so ppl of yr calibre is very clever? :scared-4: :scared-1:

k, got it!

heng ah! Im not very clever!!! Im so relieved! hahaha! :D

teddybear
23-10-13, 17:53
That one you got eye to read the US EPA report or not? If have then you already can find answer there, don't need me to spoon feed you, that is not my style. :p

Btw, did you US EPA report indicate that air pollution is only limited to 15 to 20km radius?

teddybear
23-10-13, 17:56
I want to hear about the facts you know about the following:

Don't tell me you don't know?
If so why are you lecturing other people for not knowing?
Not many people know you know? :ashamed1:

Ringo,

You scared you answer wrongly is it? :doh:

Ringo,

You scared you answer wrongly is it?

Quote:

Quote:
Smart or not, wait till you answer my question then all forumers here will know!
Since you said other people newbie in property because this simple fact also don't know, so I ask you loh..................
Don't tell me you also don't know?!
Stop beating around the bush can? Simple question also cannot answer?

Quote:
If you need to ask that mean you are not very smart person.

Ringo,
still waiting for your reply................... So simple question about maintenance fee need to pay GST or not you also can't answer?

Quote:
I saw your post asking about GST for maintenance fee, so I thought this must be the first time you are buying private property.

Correct? When TOP?

Quote:
Anyone who have been paying maintenance fee will not ask this kind of questions and if you own a TOP condo, you should also be paying your Q4 maintenance fee this month.

Like I say before, its perfectly fine if you just bought your 1st condo, there is nothing to be ashamed of, so please dont cook up all sort of ridicules stories to deny it.

You do sound like a person with very low self esteem. Do you need help?

Ringo33
23-10-13, 17:57
oh ... so ppl of yr calibre is very clever? :scared-4: :scared-1:

k, got it!

heng ah! Im not very clever!!! Im so relieved! hahaha! :D

No one in the right mind will say things like J Gateway pricing already factor in ALL (ALL) of JLD potential....

And if you really know so well about Bishan property potential, then it would be that difficult for you to say YES, Sky Vue will have better capital gain and rental potential than J Gateway. I guess this is result of echoing too much what others are saying and and saying without thinking.

And the worst part is the same person is trying to give "investment advise"

Ringo33
23-10-13, 17:58
Teddybear, after talking so much about US EPA report on air pollution, I am just asking you

Did the US EPA report that you know so well indicate that air pollution is only limited to 15 to 20km radius?

teddybear
23-10-13, 17:59
Let me open my golden mouth:
JGateway already priced in ALL JLD potential!
What do you expect for a MM in Jurong? Sell at >$2000 psf by 2016 when it TOP? :doh:

No one in the right mind will say things like J Gateway pricing already factor in ALL (ALL) of JLD potential....

And if you really know so well about Bishan property potential, then it would be that difficult for you to say YES, Sky Vue will have better capital gain and rental potential than J Gateway. I guess this is result of echoing too much what others are saying and and saying without thinking.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 18:00

LOL..Are you doing this out of LOVE or HATE?

Am i suppose to say that you are very clever?

teddybear
23-10-13, 18:04
I am making that statement
"JGateway already PRICED in ALL of JLD potential"
based on my >40 years of experience in properties!
Believe it or not, up to you.
When you accumulate >40 years of investing experience, I believe you can wake up to this fact.............................. :ashamed1:

LOL..Are you doing this out of LOVE or HATE?

Am i suppose to say that you are very clever?

Ringo33
23-10-13, 18:05
:

Are you saying that J Gateway launch price has already factor in ALL JLD potential?

Yes or No?

mermaid
23-10-13, 18:05

tis is the 1st & last time Im reposting tis. frankly, no one else hv problem interpreting tis simple explanation EXCEPT U. if u dun wish others to hv the wrong impression tat u r stupid, kindly stop asking stupid qns :47:

My personal take is tat SV is only worth buying for lower flr. In fact the higher flrs will be hard to sell as psf is not cheap. If buying for invstmt, I would rather get Jgateway den SV if both r $1700psf.

teddybear
23-10-13, 18:06
See my reply #2866

Are you saying that J Gateway launch price has already factor in ALL JLD potential?

Yes or No?

Ringo33
23-10-13, 18:09
I am making that statement
"JGateway already PRICED in ALL of JLD potential"
based on my >40 years of experience in properties!
Believe it or not, up to you.
When you accumulate >40 years of investing experience, I believe you can wake up to this fact.............................. :ashamed1:

Its good that you say that, and we shall see what happen when J Gateway
TOP. By then, I hope you will still be around to see if your ">40 years" experience is worth its salt.

But I guess the past 5 to 6 years must has been frustrating for you since you never believe in MM and any property in OCR.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 18:11
tis is the 1st & last time Im reposting tis. frankly, no one else hv problem interpreting tis simple explanation EXCEPT U. if u dun wish others to hv the wrong impression tat u r stupid, kindly stop asking stupid qns :47:

Dont waste time reposting anything if you are going to repeat the same thing over and over again.

mermaid
23-10-13, 18:13
Dont waste time reposting anything if you are going to repeat the same thing over and over again.

tats y the moral behind the story is:

if u noe tat u cannot comprehend, dun ask the same qn again :47:

hopeful
23-10-13, 18:53
the marketing post & JG launch post is 2 separate qn altogether. y is there a nid for further explanation?

P's explanation abt marketing is in response to R33 qn on the uniqueness of J G sales strategy and timing. by rite the story on mktg shd end here.

But R33 went on to gave details on JG launch.
So P was impressed by the details & followed up by asking if R33 is vested, whether it is a gd buy etc.

tat's my interpretation of the whole thing. I dun see any prob wif tat?

or perhaps u can enlighten us on the best model qn tat P shd ask after R33 has given JG launch details.

the start of the whole thing was in #2815
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=439805&postcount=2815

based of the way the post was written, i have the impression that Patrickstar think JG is not good or investment grade despite it was a 1 day soldout. The reasons Patrickstar gave was good marketing & TDSR.
so Mermaid, marketing,TDSR and JG launch sellout are connected by this post.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=439808&postcount=2816
R33 ask what was so unique about JG sales strategy & timing. Unique was the word used because JG was a 1day sellout which was not duplicated by other projects like SV, The Glades.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=439813&postcount=2817
Patrickstar responded that agents were very good and also because of TDSR.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=439829&postcount=2818
R33 replied that marketing was standard type. before 5pm, almost all units sold out even before TDSR was announced. so according to R33, beating the TDSR was a minor or non-issue.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=439862&postcount=2821
Instead of rebutting R33, Patrickstar instead turn to personal questions.

Patrickstar point of contention was in the very first post #2815
good marketing and TDSR will have 1day sell out inspite of JG not being good or investment grade.

Hopeful then ask, what can't marketing team for JG success be duplicated elsewhere, if marketing have really play a big role in JG 1 day sellout success.
Hopeful asked for further clarification from Patrickstar :
Are SV and The Glades good or investment quality projects let down by poor marketing team and perhaps TDSR, thats why up to now, not a 1 day sellout, not a 1 week sellout. perhaps not even a 1 month sellout.

PS.
R33 point that TDSR has a minor role of in JG success, by pointing out that units almost sold by 5pm before TDSR was annouced.
If anybody want to counter R33 argument, one should seek help from marketing agents for JG. How many units sold before TDSR was announced?
instead of asking personal questions like whether one did buy unit or not, regret or not.

mermaid
23-10-13, 20:23
ok, hopeful, I see where u r coming fm. But allow me to say a word of fairness. Tink u read too much into P's intent. In tis whole convo, both R33 & P r merely stating their opinions.

1. It is impossible to measure & quantify the effectiveness of marketing efforts, regardless of projects.
2. It will be hard to quantify if tdsr is the reason behind the 1 day sell out cos one cannot explicitly admit into leaking insider infor if there is. (I can tell u, when I went for my vvip balloting, my agent did something backdoor n I safely got the unit at the storey I wanted) ;)

my interpretation of the message tat P is trying to bring across (I may be wrong, ok):
sellout within 1 day doesnt necc mean tat the proj is gd. It could be due to ppl caught wind of tdsr news, gd marketing efforts etc. P is merely listing the possibilities, it is nvr meant to discredit JG (I feel la).

as to y P is asking a personal qn, y P did not ask the so-called follow up qn, I tink there is no hard or fast rule. Honestly, fm the way R33 phrased his reply, most likely I will end up having the same qn as P (if Im new to tis thread) too :p

Patrickstar
23-10-13, 22:38
I didnt know that posting a statement on the stellar performance of the estate agents could give rise to much debate. My posts were just general comments n lighthearted exchanges in the forum not meant to create controversy. I think we should just come to a forum for nice chit chat n not turn this place into a battlefield.

mermaid
23-10-13, 23:39
I didnt know that posting a statement on the stellar performance of the estate agents could give rise to much debate. My posts were just general comments n lighthearted exchanges in the forum not meant to create controversy. I think we should just come to a forum for nice chit chat n not turn this place into a battlefield.

no worries, u juz happened to come into a thread whereby a bunch of quarrelsome boys & girls thrives :D

Ringo33
24-10-13, 07:02

1) What did the agent do?

2) When was TDSR announced? Did anyone mentioned know about annoucement TDSR before it was announced to the public?

Maybe you should learn to post comment based on fact instead of fanboy yingyang making wild speculation that you cannot back up.

Ringo33
24-10-13, 07:12
no worries, u juz happened to come into a thread whereby a bunch of quarrelsome boys & girls thrives :D

Perhaps you might want to tell us

1) What exactly did the agents marketing for J Gateway do to make it sell out project? ie. what are the extraordinary measures did they do to sell 734units in 1 days

2) How did TDSR announcement affect the sale when the project was almost sold out before the TDSR announcement.

Obviously you have no clue and you are just hanging around in this forum trolling.

hopeful
24-10-13, 09:19
ok, hopeful, I see where u r coming fm. But allow me to say a word of fairness. Tink u read too much into P's intent. In tis whole convo, both R33 & P r merely stating their opinions.

that's why i am asking for further clarification from patrickstar about his lighthearted statement, because it is very much open to interpretation. so the readers are unsure on what his opinions are :)

mermaid
24-10-13, 09:21
Maybe you should learn to post comment based on fact instead of fanboy yingyang making wild speculation that you cannot back up.

Maybe you should learn to digest comments instead of making wild speculations & putting words into ppl's posts which reflect badly on yrself :2cents:

Ringo33
24-10-13, 09:27
Maybe you should learn to digest comments instead of making wild speculations & putting words into ppl's posts which reflect badly on yrself :2cents:

1) What exactly did the agents marketing for J Gateway do to make it sell out project? ie. what are the extraordinary measures did they do to sell 737 units in 1 days

2) How did TDSR announcement affect the sale when the project was almost sold out before the TDSR announcement.

Obviously you have no clue and you are just hanging around in this forum trolling.

mermaid
24-10-13, 09:28

1) What exactly did the agents marketing for J Gateway do to make it sell out project? ie. what are the extraordinary measures did they do to sell 734units in 1 days

u can save yr breathe asking for clarification. most will not bother to explain to u anymore cos they noe tat u wun understand & it will be a waste of their efforts.
to be frank wif u, nowadays, ppl prefer to come in to challenge yr post & see how u make a fool of yrself! haha :D

Ringo33
24-10-13, 09:30
u can save yr breathe asking for clarification. most will not bother to explain to u anymore cos they noe tat u wun understand & it will be a waste of their efforts.
to be frank wif u, nowadays, ppl prefer to come in to challenge yr post & see how u make a fool of yrself! haha :D

You have just reconfirmed what I said about you being clueless. enuff said.

hopeful
24-10-13, 10:30
mermaid, in response to being asked abt ur question of paying GST on maintenance fees, u post something to this effect.
if dont know, ask and u mentioned about method of asking etc etc.
so nothing shameful to admit that we dont know right?

but why be evasive when u r asked if u r a first time property owner?

u have already posted something to this effect.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=421341
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=421279&postcount=1
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=421359&postcount=17

does a person admitting he is property newbie means his words are of less value? as long as his arguments are sound and logical, I dont think so le. readers (both loud and silent) can judge for themselves.

mermaid
24-10-13, 10:44
mermaid, in response to being asked abt ur question of paying GST on maintenance fees, u post something to this effect.
if dont know, ask and u mentioned about method of asking etc etc.
so nothing shameful to admit that we dont know right?

but why be evasive when u r asked if u r a first time property owner?

u have already posted something to this effect.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=421341
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=421279&postcount=1
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=421359&postcount=17

does a person admitting he is property newbie means his words are of less value? as long as his arguments are sound and logical, I dont think so le. readers (both loud and silent) can judge for themselves.

I did not feel shameful for being ignorant, else I would hv created a clone acct and clarify whatever doubts tat I may have.

like wat I hv mentioned b4, it is not tat l hv anything to hide. In fact, I hv alrdy mentioned explicitly to R33 tat I hv revealed many personal infor abt myself b4. I am not like him who is evasive & secretive as wat he deemed as pte infor may not be necc so for me.

But I do stressed the reason for not replying explicitly to him. Im sure u can easily search tat out without me reposting it again.

onglai
24-10-13, 11:46
like wat I hv mentioned b4, it is not tat l hv anything to hide. In fact, I hv alrdy mentioned explicitly to R33 tat I hv revealed many personal infor abt myself b4. I am not like him who is evasive & secretive as wat he deemed as pte infor may not be necc so for me.

u haven tell us ur age range yet. *pinch nose*

mermaid
24-10-13, 11:55

aiya, I tot I hv alrdy provided my age in MCQ format for u all to guess liao mah, but no one seems interested to try wor hence how can I be so shameless & go & kept advertising as if everyone is interested to noe leh? hahaha :D

I dun wan to give ppl a chance to brand me as attention seeking wor! :scared-2:

hopeful
24-10-13, 12:15

u still want to help mermaid perform her NS? :)

onglai
24-10-13, 12:42
u still want to help mermaid perform her NS? :)

.....not me leh... it's simi hor... he very good in stocks but not very good in bao ernai.. haven't study carefully already want to bao leow... think because the blood rush to the wrong head..

hahaahaha

teddybear
24-10-13, 12:49
Want to ask question must reply question first! This is like my 6th time asking you:

1) What exactly did the agents marketing for J Gateway do to make it sell out project? ie. what are the extraordinary measures did they do to sell 737 units in 1 days

I want to hear about the facts you know about the following:

Don't tell me you don't know?
If so why are you lecturing other people for not knowing?
Not many people know you know? :ashamed1:

mermaid
24-10-13, 12:49
but not very good in bao ernai.. haven't study carefully already want to bao leow

he's juz being cheeky nia la.
anyway, dun even nid to study or analyse whatsoever. an eligible lady wun be single. tis is a hard truth :)
those expired, left on the shelves ones, better dun touch. later food poisoning den noe, haha ....

mermaid
24-10-13, 12:53
Want to ask question must reply question first! This is like my 6th time asking you:

hmmm ... R33 nids a wifey who behaves like u liddat to tame him, haha :tongue3:

Ringo33
24-10-13, 13:03

I will tell you after you reply my question.

Did the US EPA report mention air pollution is confined to just 15 to 20km radius.

YES or NO?

Already told you you are not very smart to ask this question

onglai
24-10-13, 13:03
he's juz being cheeky nia la.
anyway, dun even nid to study or analyse whatsoever. an eligible lady wun be single. tis is a hard truth :)
those expired, left on the shelves ones, better dun touch. later food poisoning den noe, haha ....

if u have the habit of eating steamboat, u must have heard of this phrase...

好料沉底......

mermaid
24-10-13, 13:08
if u have the habit of eating steamboat, u must have heard of this phrase...

好料沉底......

honestly I nvr heard b4, haha :o

even if I gif u wagyu beef, lobster for steamboat, 涮 too long the meat no longer tasty & nice, let alone let it 沉到锅底 :scared-4:

EBD
24-10-13, 13:09

I actually agree - R33 wouldn't ever dare drag people down to that level where he could beat them with experience would kick in would you?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=440251&postcount=2877
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=440252&postcount=2878
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=440272&postcount=2881

"Life is about finding a level of hypocrisy that you're happy with..."

I congratulate you on setting the level higher than I have ever seen before.
:cheers4::banana:

There are far more numerous examples than this.

This thread is just too funny. It just keeps on giving.

Ringo33
24-10-13, 13:17
I actually agree - R33 wouldn't ever dare drag people down to that level where he could beat them with experience would kick in would you?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=440251&postcount=2877
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=440252&postcount=2878
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=440272&postcount=2881

"Life is about finding a level of hypocrisy that you're happy with..."

I congratulate you on setting the level higher than I have ever seen before.
:cheers4::banana:

There are far more numerous examples than this.

This thread is just too funny. It just keeps on giving.

I am still hoping that you will reply my question regarding best and worst street.

Guess its all fart and no shit (EBD)

stalingrad
24-10-13, 14:10
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution/psi/psi-readings-over-the-last-24-hours

The best air in Singapore is in the west. Click on the above to get the fact.

teddybear
24-10-13, 14:25
We all know these PSI is quite meaningless NOW because it does not conform to reality on the ground (eg how can Central nature catchment area has higher PSI than Jurong heavily pollution estate) and it also depends on where the sensor is placed, and it does not capture the amount and toxicity of all those toxic gases released in/around Jurong area........................ :o

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution/psi/psi-readings-over-the-last-24-hours

The best air in Singapore is in the west. Click on the above to get the fact.

Simi
24-10-13, 14:40
.....not me leh... it's simi hor... he very good in stocks but not very good in bao ernai.. haven't study carefully already want to bao leow... think because the blood rush to the wrong head..

hahaahaha

Oeii Ong lai san

寧可殺錯...........

can reject later if not suitable :doh::doh: if turn out to be LKK :scared-4:

onglai
24-10-13, 14:46
Oeii Ong lai san

寧可殺錯...........

can reject later if not suitable :doh::doh: if turn out to be LKK :scared-4:

i can imagine ur tears if she lock the door n throw the key out of the window....

:D:D

Ringo33
24-10-13, 14:46
We all know these PSI is quite meaningless NOW because it does not conform to reality on the ground (eg how can Central nature catchment area has higher PSI than Jurong heavily pollution estate) and it also depends on where the sensor is placed, and it does not capture the amount and toxicity of all those toxic gases released in/around Jurong area........................ :o

Did the US EPA report mention air pollution is confined to just 15 to 20km radius.

YES or NO?

Simi
24-10-13, 14:53
i can imagine ur tears if she lock the door n throw the key out of the window....

commit suicide by banging against the wall rather
then to be abused :scared-3::scared-3:

hopeful
24-10-13, 14:54

cannot imagine.
1) mermaid lock herself in the house with simi outside?
2) mermaid lock herself in the house with simi inside?
3) mermaid lock simi inside the house but mermaid is outside?
4) mermaid lock the house, both mermaid and simi outside?

mermaid
24-10-13, 14:57
talk some more nonsense I will lock u all up in R33 JG mm & let him devour u all up slowly, hahaha :D

proper-t
24-10-13, 15:00
The truth is out there....

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/nea/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx#FAQ_50968

The 24-hour PSI index system adopted by Singapore is based on continuous measurements of five key air pollutants in the air (PM10, ozone, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide). The index is based on average values taken over a 24-hour period in accordance with the United States Environmental Protection Agency guidelines. The index is not a composite index and is based on the pollutant that has the highest concentration over a 24-hour period. During haze, the pollutant that records the highest concentration is PM10.

The 3-hour PSI is computed based on the 3-hour average PM10 concentrationsbecause PM10 is the pollutant with the highest concentration in the event of haze. We introduced hourly reporting of the 3-hour PSI during the 1997 smoke haze episode to give the public additional information on the current air quality situation as it varies from hour to hour. Since 20 Jun 2013, NEA has been reporting the 3-hour PSI readings round the clock every hour. The 3-hour PSI is not used to determine the health advisory.

Implications:

24 hr PSI is NOT a composite - what this means is that it is based on the highest concentration of ONE pollutant measured by that station in that particular location. What this means is that other pollutants may be higher in certain districts with lower PSI readings but it will NOT be reflected in the PSI readings as long as that one pollutant is still the highest.

Rough example

West :
PM10 average index is 28 but SO2, CO and NO2 are all around 27. The PSI will be 28.

North :
PM10 average index is 30 but SO2, CO and NO2 are around 10, the PSI will be 30.

People in the West may be breathing in less PM10 but much more SO2, CO and NO2.

Until there is data to show the actual readings of all pollutants, the PSI readings may not accurately reflect the total amount of pollutants in your district.

For 3-hour PSI readings, it is clearly stated that they only base it on PM10 readings so you will not know how SO2, CO or NO you are breathing in despite lower PM10 levels.

Ringo33
24-10-13, 15:04

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/nea/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx#FAQ_50968

The 24-hour PSI index system adopted by Singapore is based on continuous measurements of five key air pollutants in the air (PM10, ozone, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide). The index is based on average values taken over a 24-hour period in accordance with the United States Environmental Protection Agency guidelines. The index is not a composite index and is based on the pollutant that has the highest concentration over a 24-hour period. During haze, the pollutant that records the highest concentration is PM10.

The 3-hour PSI is computed based on the 3-hour average PM10 concentrationsbecause PM10 is the pollutant with the highest concentration in the event of haze. We introduced hourly reporting of the 3-hour PSI during the 1997 smoke haze episode to give the public additional information on the current air quality situation as it varies from hour to hour. Since 20 Jun 2013, NEA has been reporting the 3-hour PSI readings round the clock every hour. The 3-hour PSI is not used to determine the health advisory.

Implications:

24 hr PSI is NOT a composite - what this means is that it is based on the highest concentration of ONE pollutant measured by that station in that particular location. What this means is that other pollutants may be higher in certain districts with lower PSI readings but it will NOT be reflected in the PSI readings as long as that one pollutant is still the highest.

Rough example

West :
PM10 average index is 28 but SO2, CO and NO2 are all around 27. The PSI will be 28.

North :

People in the West may be breathing in less PM10 but much more SO2, CO and NO.

Until there is data to show the actual readings of all pollutants, the PSI readings may not accurately reflect the total amount of pollutants in your district.

For 3-hour PSI readings, it is clearly stated that they only base it on PM10 readings so you will not know how SO2, CO or NO you are breathing in despite lower PM10 levels.

truth about what?

proper-t
24-10-13, 15:05
truth about what?

The truth that you cannot comprehend what you read...

Patrickstar
24-10-13, 15:06
If the air smells polluted in a place practically every day, I wouldn't want to live there no matter how much the govt develops the area. Under no haze conditions , I still feel that the east has much better air quality. I hope nobody would ask me for NEA reports coz I too believe these figures mean nothing. If our nose finds the smell in an area consistently irritating , we should live elsewhere.

Ringo33
24-10-13, 15:09
The truth that you cannot comprehend what you read...

Dont just quote something and say truth is out there. Truth about what?

Give us your words about what you are posting, or else might as well say

www.google.com....the truth is out there.

Ringo33
24-10-13, 15:12
If the air smells polluted in a place practically every day, I wouldn't want to live there no matter how much the govt develops the area. Under no haze conditions , I still feel that the east has much better air quality. I hope nobody would ask me for NEA reports coz I too believe these figures mean nothing. If our nose finds the smell in an area consistently irritating , we should live elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickstar

1) What did the agent do?

2) When was TDSR announced? Did anyone mentioned know about annoucement TDSR before it was announced to the public?

onglai
24-10-13, 15:12
actually i tink singaporean will likely to die from cancer/heart attack/accident den die of air pollution.

Simi
24-10-13, 15:16
actually i tink singaporean will likely to die from cancer/heart attack/accident den die of air pollution.

another one is dying in the arm of mermaid mei mei :ashamed1::D

proper-t
24-10-13, 15:26
Dont just quote something and say truth is out there. Truth about what?

Give us your words about what you are posting, or else might as well say

www.google.com....the (http://www.google.com....the) truth is out there.

You obviously don't read posts do you? Or maybe like what I said is true, you read but don't comprehend. Read and understand the entire post. If you want to dispute, feel free as long as it is substantiated with facts.

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/nea/apps/fcd_...aspx#FAQ_50968 (http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/nea/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx#FAQ_50968)

Implications:

Rough example

West :

North :

People in the West may be breathing in less PM10 but much more SO2, CO and NO2.

For 3-hour PSI readings, it is clearly stated that they only base it on PM10 readings so you will not know how SO2, CO or NO2 you are breathing in despite lower PM10 levels.

onglai
24-10-13, 15:26
another one is dying in the ARM of mermaid mei mei :ashamed1::D

BO

hahahahahahahahahahahah

stalingrad
24-10-13, 17:06

Teddy, you are the biggest hypocrite. You were the one that posted all the PSI numbers during the haze crisis to show that Orchard has better air than the west. Now you said that PSI is meaningless.

You can't have the cake and eat it too. You just have zero credibility.

Patrickstar
24-10-13, 17:37
I think the psi during the haze period was not 100% accurate either, it was only meant as an estimate of the level of pollution. It was not wrong to use psi as a gauge imo.

Teddy, you are the biggest hypocrite. You were the one that posted all the PSI numbers during the haze crisis to show that Orchard has better air than the west. Now you said that PSI is meaningless.

Simi
24-10-13, 19:34

Hi PS

The West is not a new frontier where we debate
here whether it is a good place to live in or not.
For those who condemned the West...please keep
opinion and views to yourself.

Western residents (probably a few hundred of
thousands) are already very nice not to rebut
you.

So lets agree to disagree and move on

Thank you to all the Big brothers and Big
Sisters

Patrickstar
24-10-13, 19:53
Hi Simi,

Just sharing my opinions since a number of forumers are agressively discussing about air pollution. I think the issue of pollution does matter to everyone here otherwise there would not be such strong and heated discussions and debate.

Hi PS

The West is not a new frontier where we debate
here whether it is a good place to live in or not.
For those who condemned the West...please keep
opinion and views to yourself.

Western residents (probably a few hundred of
thousands) are already very nice not to rebut
you.

So lets agree to disagree and move on

Thank you to all the Big brothers and Big
Sisters

teddybear
24-10-13, 20:06
I may be old but I no stupid.
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
After digging deeper, then I realized that I had been fooled!
Those who still refuse to accept the facts despite the on-the-ground facts, sure not only have self-interests, but also hack care people suffer from long term cancer or not, shame on you! :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ringo33
24-10-13, 20:06
Hi Simi,

Just sharing my opinions since a number of forumers are agressively discussing about air pollution. I think the issue of pollution does matter to everyone here otherwise there would not be such strong and heated discussions and debate.

You are right, air around the entire singapore is polluted, thats why its pointless to talk about pollution in north south east or west unless you could scientifically show that air pollution from different sources are confined to a certain distant.

And btw, that exactly did the marketing agent of J Gateway did for that project that causes it to sell so well?

teddybear
24-10-13, 20:12
Europe environmental agency's report on effects of refineries within 5km and more than 7km already confirmed that within 5 km, very very bad effect.
More than 7km, effect reduces to tolerable limit.
Obviously, this study tell u that the further from refineries the better!
Stop feigning ignorant despite the fact that I had already posted summary of this report a few days ago!
It is obvious that you have super self interest to deny all these & keep repeating your misleading statements & lies that living near refineries has no health effect! :doh:

You are right, air around the entire singapore is polluted, thats why its pointless to talk about pollution in north south east or west unless you could scientifically show that air pollution from different sources are confined to a certain distant.

And btw, that exactly did the marketing agent of J Gateway did for that project that causes it to sell so well?

Ringo33
24-10-13, 21:17
Europe environmental agency's report on effects of refineries within 5km and more than 7km already confirmed that within 5 km, very very bad effect.
Stop feigning ignorant despite the fact that I had already posted summary of this report a few days ago!
It is obvious that you have super self interest to deny all these & keep repeating your misleading statements & lies that living near refineries has no health effect! :doh:

I was asking you, did the US EPA report which you have been talking about specifically say that air pollutions is limited to 15km radius?

So now European Enviroment agency report. So did the agency say that air pollution from refinery is limited to 7km radius and anything beyond that will be fresh air?

Beside refinery, did the EEA or US EPA report also mentioned other sources of air pollution such as road transportation, shipping vessel, airport etc?

We all know that if you put your face in front of the car exhaust and breath it will kill you too. So does it mean that one should be living in the place without car?

teddybear
24-10-13, 21:55
Apparently, it is a hard fact I have to agree with other forumers here that you cannot apprehend. Please see below where you are asking a question which I had already answered long ago!

The European environment agency report I quoted deals with toxic gases and pollutions from refineries, incinerators etc.
If you are so interested in pollution from ships etc, please go and search on your own. You expect me to spoon feed you?! You have no brain?

I was asking you, did the US EPA report which you have been talking about specifically say that air pollutions is limited to 15km radius?

So now European Enviroment agency report. So did the agency say that air pollution from refinery is limited to 7km radius and anything beyond that will be fresh air?

Beside refinery, did the EEA or US EPA report also mentioned other sources of air pollution such as road transportation, shipping vessel, airport etc?

We all know that if you put your face in front of the car exhaust and breath it will kill you too. So does it mean that one should be living in the place without car?

Simi
24-10-13, 22:15
Hi Simi,

Hi PS

Actually if you look at the title of this thread

It is a message addressed to the Owners in the West.
Of course for those who live or have vested interest there
We are happy with all the hypes created at J Gateway and
JLD..so if you are not interested in the West at all for whatever your reason then you do not need to come and
Pour cold water here.
It's like you are playing mahjong and there a few guys standing behind you and blah blah blah at you

Peace

Patrickstar
24-10-13, 22:16
I do not think pollution from ships would be as consistent and as severe as fumes from a petrochemical plant. Long term inhalation of too much petrochemical fumes has more dire effects than the occasional smoke from passing ships.

Apparently, it is a hard fact I have to agree with other forumers here that you cannot apprehend. Please see below where you are asking a question which I had already answered long ago!

The European environment agency report I quoted deals with toxic gases and pollutions from refineries, incinerators etc.
If you are so interested in pollution from ships etc, please go and search on your own. You expect me to spoon feed you?! You have no brain?

Ringo33
24-10-13, 22:40
I do not think pollution from ships would be as consistent and as severe as fumes from a petrochemical plant. Long term inhalation of too much petrochemical fumes has more dire effects than the occasional smoke from passing ships.

why so? I was told that at any one time there are at least 1000 mega ships around Singapore. And from the many picture of the east coast sea view I posted, the ships seem to appear on every picture I can find of east coast sea view and they are consistently and evenly spread out along the entire southern coast line 24/7/365. And according to what I read, shipping vessel emission are poorly regulated and they are all using bunker oil (dirty oil as they call it)

So if are you living somewhere 2 to 3km from these big shipping vessel chimney that is blowing out huge amount of fume, how can the air quality be good?

Ringo33
24-10-13, 22:42

I have asked you many times before, did those report says that polluted air from refineries and incinerators only affect people living within 15km radius?

And did the report also mentioned anything about air pollutions from other sources such as airport and shipping channels and port?

What you are trying to say here is like, if you put your mouth next to the car exhaust, it will kill you. So people who drive will die younger because they are closer to the car exhaust.

teddybear
24-10-13, 22:51
There are just too much hard selling by some forumer here, even resorting to misleading statements and lies.
If people want to buy cheap properties in Jurong, fine.
But don't tell people the pollutions and toxic gases released from Jurong refineries / incinerators / etc have no different on a person's long-term health regardless of whether he lives within 1km of these heavy industry plants and more than 10 km away. Obviously, based on US EPA and EEA reports, we know these are just lies lies lies!

Hi PS

Actually if you look at the title of this thread

It is a message addressed to the Owners in the West.
Of course for those who live or have vested interest there
We are happy with all the hypes created at J Gateway and
JLD..so if you are not interested in the West at all for whatever your reason then you do not need to come and
Pour cold water here.
It's like you are playing mahjong and there a few guys standing behind you and blah blah blah at you

Peace

Simi
24-10-13, 23:12
There are just too much hard selling by some forumer here, even resorting to misleading statements and lies.
But don't tell people the pollutions and toxic gases released from Jurong refineries / incinerators / etc have no different on a person's long-term health regardless of whether he lives within 1km of these heavy industry plants and more than 10 km away. Obviously, based on US EPA and EEA reports, we know these are just lies lies lies!

Hi Teddy
In the same breath
also do not need people to write that the West got bad Feng Shui and unhealthy air pollution as if cursing residents in the West with bad luck and shorter life span

As in my earlier posting...the above statement will be fine if the West is a New Frontier with no or few inhabitants but that's not the case

The west now live many people and fully populated and they are your fellow Singaporeans, don't you feel its uncalled for ?

I live in the West and am very happy here and so are my vested properties and so are hundred of thousands of resident here

Read again the title of this Thread, is
Owners in the West beware
Its not Singapore Property owners beware of the West

So don't you think if other subjects like Bishan, CCR property, East coast vs west coast on who is the most polluted and blah blah blah are Out of topic here ?
I felt if people were to respect the title of the thread (even if you do not respect or like the thread starter) then no such lengthy debates

PEACE

Patrickstar
24-10-13, 23:15
When I eat at the open air hawker centre beside parkway parade, I don't smell ship or factory fumes. When I brought my family to jurong point, i can smell petrochemical n cocoa in the air just walking around in the open outside the mall. I have been to parkway parade hundreds of times and I can say for certain I smell nothing funny in the air everytime i go there other than during the haze.

why so? I was told that at any one time there are at least 1000 mega ships around Singapore. And from the many picture of the east coast sea view I posted, the ships seem to appear on every picture I can find of east coast sea view and they are consistently and evenly spread out along the entire southern coast line 24/7/365. And according to what I read, shipping vessel emission are poorly regulated and they are all using bunker oil (dirty oil as they call it)

So if are you living somewhere 2 to 3km from these big shipping vessel chimney that is blowing out huge amount of fume, how can the air quality be good?

Simi
24-10-13, 23:29
When I eat at the open air hawker centre beside parkway parade, I don't smell ship or factory fumes. When I brought my family to jurong point, i can smell petrochemical n cocoa in the air just walking around in the open outside the mall. I have been to parkway parade hundreds of times and I can say for certain I smell nothing funny in the air everytime i go there other than during the haze.

PS ah

nobody asking you to buy West side property or forcing you to come to Jurong Point to breathe in Cocoa smell la and if you think East side is so good and so fresh then continue to stay there, don't come to JLD and Jurong Point la

I mean what is your agenda here to keep saying West no good and so on ?:beats-me-man:

really beats me lei

Ringo33
24-10-13, 23:35

1) Did the US EPA or EEA report states that air pollution from refinery and incinerators only affect air quality within the 15km radius?

2) Did the US EPA or EEA report states that living close to busy shipping channel like Singapore east coast is healthy? (2km??)

3) Did US EPA or EEA report mentioned that drivers die young because are stay too close to the car exhaust?

Patrickstar
24-10-13, 23:37
People discussing and sharing about pollution issues in this thread so just sharing my experiences and views, no agenda. Ironically the thread title tells owners in the west to "beware"...

PS ah

nobody asking you to buy West side property or forcing you to come to Jurong Point to breathe in Cocoa smell la and if you think East side is so good and so fresh then continue to stay there, don't come to JLD and Jurong Point la

I mean what is your agenda here to keep saying West no good and so on ?:beats-me-man:

really beats me lei

Ringo33
24-10-13, 23:40

Just like perfume, when you first wear it, the smell is strong, after awhile your nose get used to it.

So perhaps that explain why after going parkway parade so many time, you and your family can no longer smell the dirty bunker fumes floating in the air.

These are facts, not create by me.

http://www.transportenvironment.org/what-we-do/shipping/air-pollution-ships

Air pollution emissions from ships are continuously growing, while land-based emissions are gradually coming down. If things are left as they are, by 2020 shipping will be the biggest single emitter of air pollution in Europe, even surpassing the emissions from all land-based sources together.

Air pollution from international shipping accounts approximately for 50,000 premature deaths per year in Europe, at an annual cost to society of more than €58 billion according to recent scientific studies. Through chemical reactions in the air, SO2 and NOx is converted into fine particles, sulphate and nitrate aerosols. In addition to the particles directly emitted by ships such as black carbon, these secondary particles increase the health impacts of shipping pollution. Tiny airborne particles are linked to premature deaths. The particles get into the lungs and are small enough to pass through tissues and enter the blood. They can then trigger inflammations which eventually cause heart and lung failures. Ship emissions may also contain carcinogenic particles.

Implementing the sulphur standards for shipping fuels that the International Maritime Organization (IMO) adopted in 2008 is expected to save 26,000 lives a year in the EU as from 2020.

And whats the distant between East Coast and the shipping vessel?

http://static.flickr.com/100/305614575_e2848a42ba_o.jpg

Simi
24-10-13, 23:41
People discussing and sharing about pollution issues in this thread so just sharing my experiences and views, no agenda. Ironically the thread title tells owners in the west to "beware"...

Patrick

good start
at least you are getting somewhere

The very 1st post

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=413173&postcount=1

Ringo33
24-10-13, 23:42

dont limit your sharing to selective source of pollution and BEWARE, dont let you tail sneak out of your pants too.

Patrickstar
24-10-13, 23:50
I have seriously never heard from people i know of smelling bunker fumes at parkway parade, this is something new to me. Petrochemical smells in jurong is without a doubt. To be fair, punggol also has petrochemical fumes in the air.

Just like perfume, when you first wear it, the smell is strong, after awhile your nose get used to it.

So perhaps that explain why after going parkway parade so many time, you and your family can no longer smell the dirty bunker fumes floating in the air.

These are facts, not create by me.

And whats the distant between East Coast and the shipping vessel?

Ringo33
24-10-13, 23:55
I have seriously never heard from people i know of smelling bunker fumes at parkway parade, this is something new to me. Petrochemical smells in jurong is without a doubt. To be fair, punggol also has petrochemical fumes in the air.

You wont die of smelling chocolate, thats for sure. And what doesnt smell actually kills you without you knowing.

With that, I am just wondering why a air pollution activist like yourself has got no interest in air pollution around our coast line??

Air pollution emissions from ships are continuously growing, while land-based emissions are gradually coming down. If things are left as they are, by 2020 shipping will be the biggest single emitter of air pollution in Europe, even surpassing the emissions from all land-based sources together.

Air pollution from international shipping accounts approximately for 50,000 premature deaths per year in Europe, at an annual cost to society of more than €58 billion according to recent scientific studies. Through chemical reactions in the air, SO2 and NOx is converted into fine particles, sulphate and nitrate aerosols. In addition to the particles directly emitted by ships such as black carbon, these secondary particles increase the health impacts of shipping pollution. Tiny airborne particles are linked to premature deaths. The particles get into the lungs and are small enough to pass through tissues and enter the blood. They can then trigger inflammations which eventually cause heart and lung failures. Ship emissions may also contain carcinogenic particles.

Patrickstar
25-10-13, 00:00
I think the haze has raised awareness among Singaporeans that we should never take clean air for granted. I am no pollution activist, just a believer in healthy living.

You wont die of smelling chocolate, thats for sure. And what doesnt smell actually kills you without you knowing.

With that, I am just wondering why a air pollution activist like yourself has got no interest in air pollution around our coast line??

Ringo33
25-10-13, 00:03
I think the haze has raised awareness among Singaporeans that we should never take clean air for granted. I am no pollution activist, just a believer in healthy living.

than you should perhaps be more concern about air pollution in marine parade instead of wasting time talking about chocolate smell in other people's backyard.

Simi
25-10-13, 00:15

The haze problem has been there for donkey years and yet the average life span of Singaporean are getting longer

There are things that are beyond our control but there are things we can do for our self like eating more fruits, vegetable and traditional herbs to cleanse our body of the toxic, ya ?

proper-t
25-10-13, 08:49

Trying to twist and turn again?

For actual facts, read below:

Quick FACTS

From NEA website

From JTC website:

From NEA:

Also see Fact 1.

teddybear
25-10-13, 09:00
Yes, average life span longer, but even worse off because of all kind of cancers to drain off retirement funds & yet cannot die peacefully and painlessly! :banghead:

The haze problem has been there for donkey years and yet the average life span of Singaporean are getting longer

There are things that are beyond our control but there are things we can do for our self like eating more fruits, vegetable and traditional herbs to cleanse our body of the toxic, ya ?

Ringo33
25-10-13, 09:09
So if you are living in the East, you should be concern about the pollution in your own back yard instead of talking about whats happen else where.

http://fishdoggy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/east-coast-park-singapore-camping.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/100/305614575_e2848a42ba_o.jpg[/QUOTE]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SjrhDap8HG0/UBFpF51zNbI/AAAAAAAAQEU/GPentLKRsTU/s1600/02+Jumbo+Seafood+%2528%25E7%258F%258D%25E5%25AE%259D%25E6%25B5%25B7%25E9%25B2%259C%25E6%25A5%25BC%2529+-The+Big+Name+in+Seafood+%255BEsp+Chilli+Crabs%255D+%2540+East+Coast+Park+%255BSingapore%255D+%2528Custom%2529.JPG

http://365days2play.com/photos/2011/02/EastCoastParkAerialView6.jpg

http://365days2play.com/photos/2011/02/EastCoastParkAerialView.jpg

http://365days2play.com/photos/2011/02/EastCoastParkAerialView7.jpg

teddybear
25-10-13, 09:16
West got bad feng shui is based on what my Feng Shui Master said. Feng Shui is something that some people believe, some don't. If you don't believe, you can don't believe, so there is nothing to criticise about, not that my Feng Shui master purposely cursing residents in the West but he has made the remark based on his professional opinion as a Feng Shui Master.

West got unhealthy air pollution is because within the vicinity of refineries, incinerators, chemical manufacturing, power generation plants (and will be worst with many more such plants coming on-stream)!
US EPA and Europe EA reports had confirmed harmful effects on health of people living within 5km of such heavy industrial plants! These reports are based on facts. Don't suppose you are trying to say US EPA and Europe EA purposely cursing residents in the West with bad luck and shorter life span and these are false and lies?

Precisely because
"The west now live many people and fully populated and they are your fellow Singaporeans, "
It is necessary for me to raise the alert and let them take necessary precautions to minimize the effect if they still want to continue to live in the West. The ultimate decision rests on them.
What is not right is to make misleading statement and tell lies such as US EPA and Europe EA reports are rubbish, and that there is no long-term health effect difference between somebody who live within 1km and outside of 10km of such heavy industrial plants.

I never try to compare West to Bishan and East Coast etc. It was Ringo who started that first right? May be you should tell him that this is out of topic here because here we should be discussing about the "West" only? :p

Hi Teddy
In the same breath
also do not need people to write that the West got bad Feng Shui and unhealthy air pollution as if cursing residents in the West with bad luck and shorter life span

As in my earlier posting...the above statement will be fine if the West is a New Frontier with no or few inhabitants but that's not the case

The west now live many people and fully populated and they are your fellow Singaporeans, don't you feel its uncalled for ?

I live in the West and am very happy here and so are my vested properties and so are hundred of thousands of resident here

Read again the title of this Thread, is
Owners in the West beware
Its not Singapore Property owners beware of the West

So don't you think if other subjects like Bishan, CCR property, East coast vs west coast on who is the most polluted and blah blah blah are Out of topic here ?
I felt if people were to respect the title of the thread (even if you do not respect or like the thread starter) then no such lengthy debates

PEACE

Allthepies
25-10-13, 09:22
To add to the list:

Airport pollution (east):

Landfill pollution(one in the East):

Vehicle pollution(everywhere):

Naval base pollution(one in West and one in East):

Air pollution from our neighbours:

Hee hee hee...

mermaid
25-10-13, 09:28
how come I dun see fair treatment fm ppl like hopeful & simi in tis thread?

when opposition forumers talk abt pollution, fengshui, compared JG wif other projects etc ...... u will behave defensively (you r right in yr stand as a west residents & purpose of tis thread actually) but how come when R33 hardsell & paint bombastic & misleading infor on JLD/JG, u all diam diam?

how come I dun see R33 being criticised when he misled others to defend pollution, fengshui, JG?

I noe many west residents detest the behaviour of R33, how come it seemed ok for him to continue liddat?

issit becos he is the TS, he can behave in whatever nonsensical way as he like?

or issit wat he had promoted is in the best interest of west residents tats y it is fine for him to do so?

or shd I conclude tat there is double standard here?

proper-t
25-10-13, 09:29
So if you are living in the East, you should be concern about the pollution in your own back yard instead of talking about whats happen else where.

Funny, I don't see any smoke from any of the ships in the pictures you posted.

On the other hand, just picture 1000x of the picture below at Tuas at any point in time. What's worse is that they have to be berthed for at least a couple of hours to load or unload !!

http://cargonewsasia.com/eCargonewsAsia/photo/2010-01-18/image/pic2010-01-18i21669p4396.jpg

Picture at least 8000 container trucks converging on Tuas EVERYDAY!

http://img.timeinc.net/time/asia/magazine/2010/1115/gb_apec_1115.jpg

Simi
25-10-13, 09:35
Yes, average life span longer, but even worse off because of all kind of cancers to drain off retirement funds & yet cannot die peacefully and painlessly! :banghead:

Hi Teddy

good morning

Yalor, cancer can strikes anybody irregardless

But is this topic related to the Title of this thread
maybe should start a New Thread on cancer ?

Allthepies
25-10-13, 09:40
Frankly speaking, if the haze can be blown from sumatra to reach singapore, u know that the whole of Singapore can't escape from the incinerators in the counyry, air pollution from heavy industries in the western tip of singapore and johore, ships travelling along the southern coast of singapore, airport pollution, traffic pollution....

Simi
25-10-13, 09:42

when opposition forumers talk abt pollution, fengshui, compared JG wif other projects etc ...... u will behave defensively (you r right in yr stand as a west residents & purpose of tis thread actually) but how come when R33 hardsell & paint bombastic & misleading infor on JLD/JG, u all diam diam?

how come I dun see R33 being criticised when he misled others to defend pollution, fengshui, JG?

I noe many west residents detest the behaviour of R33, how come it seemed ok for him to continue liddat?

or issit wat he had promoted is in the best interest of west residents tats y it is fine for him to do so?

Mei ren yu

1st you must understand who is the starter of this Thread

From the very first posting that was posted, it got nothing to do with what cancer la pollution la best location la and all those blah blah blah

And as you carry on reading from Post # 2 onward

You will find other forumers coming in to condemn first on J gateway then
JLD and the Jurong as a whole

Believe you are a fair person
If you are the thread starter, will you take all these naysaying lying down ?

Simi
25-10-13, 09:48
Frankly speaking, if the haze can be blown from sumatra to reach singapore, u know that the whole of Singapore can't escape from the incinerators in the counyry, air pollution from heavy industries in the western tip of singapore and johore, ships travelling along the southern coast of singapore, airport pollution, traffic pollution....

Good Morning Allthepies

Yes you are correct
Believed many would have already read about the smog in Harbin

off hand : Total size of Harbin 59,000sq km
Singapore 780 sq km

Stand to be corrected

and yet over here we are debating whether you live in the west bad or east bad :confused::confused::scared-1::scared-1:

mermaid
25-10-13, 09:57
If you are the thread starter, will you take all these naysaying lying down ?

if R33 did not mislead in an attempt to hard-sell, do u tink there will be so many buay song ppl coming in to criticise? how come I dun see other projects being targeted/put down as jailat as here?

I admit tat many of us has gone overboard, missing the point & start to turn wat it seems like a healthy debate into personal attacks & finally now a war between the east & west.

However, like wat many of us hv pointed out previously, we hv nothing against JG or residents of the west. neither did we deny the future potential development in JLD.

As to y so many ppl r here to bash R33, I suppose he shd examine & reflect on his behaviour in this forum.

Patrickstar
25-10-13, 10:02
Agree that bad air drifts and to a certain extent we can't avoid pollution completely. However, we should all be concerned about consistency and duration of that pollution in a certain area (can be anywhere). There are only a small handful of residential areas in Singapore where you find the air consistently polluted every day by industrial activities. I am not saying other areas are perfect, but they do not have that same degree and consistency of pollution on a day to day basis.

Simi
25-10-13, 10:02
Mei ren yu ahh

why don't you start a new thread

and we come in and bombard you with all the off topic to the Title of the thread:p:p

Simi
25-10-13, 10:10
if R33 did not mislead in an attempt to hard-sell, do u tink there will be so many buay song ppl coming in to criticise? how come I dun see other projects being targeted/put down as jailat as here?

I admit tat many of us has gone overboard, missing the point & start to turn wat it seems like a healthy debate into personal attacks & finally now a war between the east & west.

However, like wat many of us hv pointed out previously, we hv nothing against JG or residents of the west. neither did we deny the future potential development in JLD.

As to y so many ppl r here to bash R33, I suppose he shd examine & reflect on his behaviour in this forum.

Mei ren yu

that's you being fair and that's why i still go around to pull your leg la in the other thread but can you say the SAME as for all the other bashers ?

Read back and from their wordings and you will know who are the people who are the real bashers of Jurong / West and who are bashing R33 for the sake of bashing

mermaid
25-10-13, 10:11
Mei ren yu ahh

why don't you start a new thread

and we come in and bombard you with all the off topic to the Title of the thread:p:p

u wun hv a chance to bombard me in my threads. Im a very experienced thread starter, I hv dealt wif a lot of si ginnas jailat jialat b4 :tongue3:

hopeful
25-10-13, 10:11

well, what misleading info on JLD/JG represented by R33 are there?
rental yield & capital appreciation of JG?
ministries shifting to JLD?
more infrastructure, like NTF hospital coming up?
JG 1day sell out as compared to others?

as for pollution, i used insurance as a test. why does insurance companies say life and health insurance is same in East and West?

does anybody want to dispute this: smoker in east have higher insurance premiums than non-smoker in west
does anybody want to dispute this: younger drivers have higher insurance premiums than older drivers.
so insurance companies have already been shown to discriminate based on lifestyle habits and age. and i am pretty sure they will discriminate based on address too if it affects their bottomline, contrary to what teddy might say.

as mention b4, insurance companies love it when people lied, whether lying by omission or by commission. if no claim, they keep ur premiums. when u claim, that's when they say u lied. reject ur claim and/or return ur past premiums.

Warren49
25-10-13, 10:12
Agree that bad air drifts and to a certain extent we can't avoid pollution completely. However, we should all be concerned about consistency and duration of that pollution in a certain area (can be anywhere). There are only a small handful of residential areas in Singapore where you find the air consistently polluted every day by industrial activities. I am not saying other areas are perfect, but they do not have that same degree and consistency of pollution on a day to day basis.

Though I don't live in the West, shouldn't the PSI be the best gauge on healthy/unhealthy air, being a stats obsessed nation? It's true that PSI doesn't differ significantly across the country.

That said, in certain industrial estates in the west, I have seen many car owners covering their cars with a protective layer. This action does not extend to areas like Boon Lay/Jurong East though. Only at the Tuas industrial estates. So my guess is that Boon Lay/Jurong residential/commercial areas is fine.

Simi
25-10-13, 10:15
u wun hv a chance to bombard me in my threads. Im a very experienced thread starter, I hv dealt wif a lot of si ginnas jailat jialat b4 :tongue3:

ok la

see a mei ren yu

leg n hand also soft liao

sayang sayang :p:p

mermaid
25-10-13, 10:19
well, what misleading info on JLD/JG represented by R33 are there?

so r u trying to tell me tat whatever R33 has claimed & asserted is really 毫无一丝谎言,一切问心无愧?

mermaid
25-10-13, 10:22
ok la

see a mei ren yu

leg n hand also soft liao

sayang sayang :p:p

tink u r horrendously mistaken. I chose mermaid as my nick becos I like mermaids very much, & not becos I am young, pretty & sexy :47:

hopeful
25-10-13, 10:28
so r u trying to tell me tat whatever R33 has claimed & asserted is really 毫无一丝谎言,一切问心无愧?

perhaps you can start by pointing out what R33 has misrepresented about JG/JLD?

Simi
25-10-13, 10:30
tink u r horrendously mistaken. I chose mermaid as my nick becos I like mermaids very much, & not becos I am young, pretty & sexy :47:

Oh I see

so machiam like an old goose pretending herself to be a chick ? :scared-2::D:D

sgbuyer
25-10-13, 10:32

Actually Jurong Lake district and boon lay only kena the full blast of pollution for 4 months a year - that's 8 good months of relatively good air!

From June-Sept every year, the South West monsoon will blow the air over from Jurong Island and Tuas. Look dude, only 4 months!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/852/zv42.jpg

Ringo33
25-10-13, 10:35
Though I don't live in the West, shouldn't the PSI be the best gauge on healthy/unhealthy air, being a stats obsessed nation? It's true that PSI doesn't differ significantly across the country.

That said, in certain industrial estates in the west, I have seen many car owners covering their cars with a protective layer. This action does not extend to areas like Boon Lay/Jurong East though. Only at the Tuas industrial estates. So my guess is that Boon Lay/Jurong residential/commercial areas is fine.

thats because of sand blasting and painting work around shipyard. And that is around 10km away from residential estate.

mermaid
25-10-13, 10:35
perhaps you can start by pointing out what R33 has misrepresented about JG/JLD?

there are many. Im sure u r a better digger den me. below is juz an example.

Dont need to worry about rental yield for J Gateway, it will be one of the highest in Singapore when it TOP in 2016/7.

conservatively, I would say 4-5%

Would u dare to give such promises?
So now is yr turn to reply my qn. Do u deemed wat R33 has claimed & asserted to be true & fair and without malicious lies?

Oh I see

so machiam like a old hen pretending herself to be a chick ? :scared-2::D:D

1. define old hen.
2. produce evidence to show tat I pretend to be a chick.

Simi
25-10-13, 10:37
Actually Jurong Lake district and boon lay only kena the full blast of pollution for 4 months a year - that's 8 good months of relatively good air!

From June-Sept every year, the South West monsoon will blow the air over from Jurong Island and Tuas. Look dude, only 4 months!

Good Morning Sifu

you forgotten to mention BIRD PARK lei :beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

Simi
25-10-13, 10:43

Would u dare to give such promises?
So now is yr turn to reply my qn. Do u deemed wat R33 has claimed & asserted to be true & fair and without malicious lies?

1. define old hen.
2. produce evidence to show tat I pretend to be a chick.

look for the word

machiam

In all my life never heard of an old hag mermaid la..
only beautiful lovely mermaid

Probably tomorrow I put up a young handsome guy as my avatar :cool::cool:

Ringo33
25-10-13, 10:46

So in theory, central area will get the full impact of polluted air around 8 months a year because they are situated in the cross path of Pulua Bukum
and Pasir Gudang.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1958/sqv0.jpg

mermaid
25-10-13, 10:52
look for the word

machiam

In all my life never heard of an old hag mermaid la..
only beautiful lovely mermaid

Probably tomorrow I put up a young handsome guy as my avatar :cool::cool:

wait till u r 70yo like me, look at the beautiful & lovely wifey of yours once again, den u will see how an old hag mermaid look like! haha! :D

Simi
25-10-13, 10:57
wait till u r 70yo like me, look at the beautiful & lovely wifey of yours once again, den u will see how an old hag mermaid look like! haha! :D

you 70 ?

me 72

anyway thank you for the lovely morning, mei ren yu
going back to see if got cheery to pick on my trading screen

C ya

hopeful
25-10-13, 11:21
....Would u dare to give such promises?
So now is yr turn to reply my qn. Do u deemed wat R33 has claimed & asserted to be true & fair and without malicious lies?......

I have already given example of ONR (sorry,some forummer want to keep it a secret). The calculations, etc on what rental is required to get the desired yield. It is up to each individual to believe whether the calculations are reasonable and achievable or not.

Did R33 give promises that rental 4-5%. No, he state his opinion.
and I state my opinion too that JG MM can easily achieve 4-5%.

As you may have pointed, people have nothing against JG, yet certain forummers seems to like to use the figure of $17xx when saying JG is overpriced and especially when comparing with SV at $14xx-$15xx.

so in your opinion, are these people true & fair and without malicious lies. You see, lying can both be by omission, and by commission.
imo, stating JG at $17xx when used in comparison with SV is a lie by omission. certain material facts are withheld (ie lying by omission), the $17xx is for MM and high floor.

people here has a beef against R33. Seems to hold R33 to a higher standard than the rest.

you will ask why i didnt answer ur question whether what R33 has claimed to be asserted to be true & fair and etc.
the thing is you yourself ask people what age range they fall in and yet you didnt fill in the age range urself.
So before i answer ur question on R33 whether he is malicious etc, can u answer my question whether those forummers who lied by ommision (JG at 17xx psf is overpriced in comparison to SV at $14xx) and/or those who lied by commission (5xx SV units sold vs 4xx sold by September) are they true & fair & without malicious lies?

sgbuyer
25-10-13, 11:48
So in theory, central area will get the full impact of polluted air around 8 months a year because they are situated in the cross path of Pulua Bukum
and Pasir Gudang.

In reality, the pollution from industries don't travel that far because chemicals unlike smoke particles from burning of trees is light and is dissipated into the upper atmosphere by winds quickly. Moreover, the industries in Pasir Gudang are not the same kind of heavy duty and high value chemical and oil industries you find in Jurong Island and Tuas - though I won't buy Punggol as it is directly opposite.

For example, you can smell the coacoa and chemical smells in Boon Lay, Jurong West and parts of Jurong East, but not in Bukit Batok or Clementi only 1 station away. Pollution drops substantially every km you're away from the industries.

But of course can't smell doesn't mean don't have, only the concentration is very much lower that the human noise can't detect. For this reason, East Coast is still the best place in Singapore.

Take another example, the Japan nuclear disaster exclusion zone is 20km. The distance from Pasir Gudang to central area is about 20km. And we're talking about nuclear.

mermaid
25-10-13, 11:52
you will ask why i didnt answer ur question whether what R33 has claimed to be asserted to be true & fair and etc.

The reason y I asked u to comment abt yr opinion on R33's assertion is becos I only see u complaining abt those bashers. Hence, u appeared to be siding R33 indirectly.

the thing is you yourself ask people what age range they fall in and yet you didnt fill in the age range urself.

U r missing the point here.
Is there a rule saying tat I nid to fill in my age range when I created a poll to find out abt others? Or hv I given such promise in an attempt to con others into doing so as per claimed by R33?

Remember I ever asked u the psf u paid for yr JG? U did not reply me. Did I press u again for an answer? Nope I din. I was under the conclusion tat you may not wish to reveal & I respected yr decision.

As to my age range, I hv told R33. Since he specifically complained tat I din vote in the poll, I challenge him to do it, after which I will go & vote as well. I gave him my word but in the end, he chickened out.
So, the same applies to u. U complaint tat Im evasive rite? Fine, go & vote the age range of yours & I shall follow the same. Fair enuff?

So before i answer ur question on R33 whether he is malicious etc, can u answer my question whether those forummers who lied by ommision (JG at 17xx psf is overpriced) and/or those who lied by commission (5xx SV units sold) are they true & fair & without malicious lies?
I agree wif u, deliberate omission & misleading r as gd as lying.

Perhaps you did not fully appreciate the implied message tat I was trying to bring across in my earlier posts. I suppose the following shd answer yr qn.

as much as I can see where dksg is coming from, I dun agree on everything tat he said.
no doubt tat R33 is kinda nasty in names calling, but others who did the same back to him r equally as bad, no?
I feel tat u r oso a supporter of the West, but did u see ppl came in bashing u?
So can you answer my question now?

proper-t
25-10-13, 12:13
I have already given example of ONR (sorry,some forummer want to keep it a secret). The calculations, etc on what rental is required to get the desired yield. It is up to each individual to believe whether the calculations are reasonable and achievable or not.

Did R33 give promises that rental 4-5%. No, he state his opinion.
and I state my opinion too that JG MM can easily achieve 4-5%.

As you may have pointed, people have nothing against JG, yet certain forummers seems to like to use the figure of $17xx when saying JG is overpriced and especially when comparing with SV at $14xx-$15xx.

so in your opinion, are these people true & fair and without malicious lies. You see, lying can both be by omission, and by commission.
imo, stating JG at $17xx when used in comparison with SV is a lie by omission. certain material facts are withheld (ie lying by omission), the $17xx is for MM and high floor.

people here has a beef against R33. Seems to hold R33 to a higher standard than the rest.

So before i answer ur question on R33 whether he is malicious etc, can u answer my question whether those forummers who lied by ommision (JG at 17xx psf is overpriced in comparison to SV at $14xx) and/or those who lied by commission (5xx SV units sold vs 4xx sold by September) are they true & fair & without malicious lies?

Since you are such a stalwart defender of R33.

Could you please let us know your opinion of all the threads started by R33 and his various posts in the landed forum. Do you consider his posts there true & fair, non-confrontational and non-malicious?

Ringo33
25-10-13, 12:19
Since you are such a stalwart defender of R33.

Could you please let us know your opinion of all the threads started by R33 and his various posts in the landed forum. Do you consider his posts there true & fair, non-confrontational and non-malicious?

Are you referring to this?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4830/j9nu.jpg
So what happen to
1) Theory of no new supply (especially detached housing)
2) 20,000??? RICH new citizen?
3) Landed property owners (Especially detached housing) have deep pocket and holding power?
4) Landed owners are not affected by TDSR because they are CASH RICH?

onglai
25-10-13, 12:26
U r missing the point here.
Is there a rule saying tat I nid to fill in my age range when I created a poll to find out abt others? Or hv I given such promise in an attempt to con others into doing so as per claimed by R33?

there's no rule la... but hor... this kind of thing only man will understand la... you know where the word gentleMAN come from?

:D

Patrickstar
25-10-13, 12:28
Actually if not for the factories and refineries, I feel jurong is an excellent place to live being so near Tuas checkpoint for commuting to Malaysia. I have nothing against jurong after all that is part of our country and we should be proud of its development.

proper-t
25-10-13, 12:28
Are you referring to this?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4830/j9nu.jpg
So what happen to
1) Theory of no new supply (especially detached housing)
3) Landed property owners (Especially detached housing) have deep pocket and holding power?

The question wasn't directed at you but then the King of trolls seems to be very proud of his handiwork indeed and needs to blurt out and declare to the entire world.

Please carry on. Your 'fan' club membership is really rockecting.

mermaid
25-10-13, 12:31
there's no rule la... but hor... this kind of thing only man will understand la... you know where the word gentleMAN come from?

:D

but Im not a man! -_-

since they r so damn curious abt my age, shdnt they themselves vote 1st if they r gentlemen to begin wif?

like those gungfu show, when a swordsman challenge another man to fight, the swordsman will generously 先让你三招, no?

but Im not saying u can demand an answer fm me hor, cos I did not reach an agreement wif u! :p

hopeful
25-10-13, 12:48
as much as I can see where dksg is coming from, I dun agree on everything tat he said.....
no doubt tat R33 is kinda nasty in names calling, but others who did the same back to him r equally as bad, no?.........

You dont agree on everything that he said about JG/JLD. Did you voice out your disagreement? did you voice out it is wrong to say JG at 17xx psf as overpriced when comparing with SV at 15xx psf? when u know certain material facts are left out. and when September sales figure are revealed to be 4xx, again the quietness regarding DKSG's infraction is quite eery.

and yet in this post

....... but how come when R33 hardsell & paint bombastic & misleading infor on JLD/JG, u all diam diam?

how come I dun see R33 being criticised when he misled others to defend pollution, fengshui, JG? .......

When DKSG lied & misleading figures on JG, u all diam diam?
how come I dun see DKSG being criticised when he misled others .......

Is the double standard like this?
so those who disagree with R33 supposed to voice out they disagree?
those who disagree with DKSG can keep quiet?

Regarding pollution, my stand has always been this:
pollution is the same everywhere as indicated by the same life and health premiums island wide.

issit becos he is the TS, he can behave in whatever nonsensical way as he like?...
perhaps u should asked urself this question, u setup the age poll, so you can behave in any nonsensical way u like?

but Im not a man! -_-
since they r so damn curious abt my age, shdnt they themselves vote 1st if they r gentlemen to begin wif?...
do u think it is cute hiding behind your sex?

lets get back again:
Once again, has R33 misrepresent facts abt JG/JLD in anyway?
the potential of JG/JLD.
ministries shifting to JLD
etc etc etc.

mermaid
25-10-13, 13:04
hopeful, I will only respond to yr add'l inquries after u hv cleared yr backlogs of unanswered qns.

hsifreffup
25-10-13, 13:14

1. Higher standard? This is what he expects from others:
A. Keep in topic.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=435754&postcount=1989
B. Provide proof.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=439241&postcount=2750

2. Yet, he does not seem apply the above to himself.
A. Instead of keeping in topic, he "cannot find a way to reply back and now ask abt personal stuff?"
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=438042&postcount=49
B. Instead of providing proof, he expects others to look up the facts themselves.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=433697&postcount=3

3. But that's not all, he went further to:
A. throw unfounded accusations.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=433714&postcount=5
B. harass.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=438032&postcount=46

So, to sum it up:
Do you want to dispute this: Ringo33 has higher standards for others. See 1.
Do you want to dispute this: Ringo33 does not adhere to that level of standard he set for others. See 2.
Do you want to dispute this: It is fair to expect Ringo33 to have that high standard he demands from others.

Finally, will you trust, fully and without doubt, someone with double standard to be making a fair assessment? (I don't know about you, but I certainly have my reservations.)

By the way, I am speaking purely from my experiences and only for myself.

hopeful
25-10-13, 13:20
hopeful, I will only respond to yr add'l inquries after u hv cleared yr backlogs of unanswered qns.

actually the questions are meant to be rhetorical since i know the answers already :)

Ringo33
25-10-13, 13:22
1. Higher standard? This is what he expects from others:
A. Keep in topic.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=435754&postcount=1989
B. Provide proof.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=439241&postcount=2750

2. Yet, he does not seem apply the above to himself.
A. Instead of keeping in topic, he "cannot find a way to reply back and now ask abt personal stuff?"
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=438042&postcount=49
B. Instead of providing proof, he expects others to look up the facts themselves.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=433697&postcount=3

3. But that's not all, he went further to:
A. throw unfounded accusations.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=433714&postcount=5
B. harass.
See: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=438032&postcount=46

So, to sum it up:
Do you want to dispute this: Ringo33 has higher standards for others. See 1.
Do you want to dispute this: Ringo33 does not adhere to that level of standard he set for others. See 2.
Do you want to dispute this: It is fair to expect Ringo33 to have that high standard he demands from others.

Finally, will you trust, fully and without doubt, someone with double standard to be making a fair assessment? (I don't know about you, but I certainly have my reservations.)

By the way, I am speaking purely from my experiences and only for myself.

No point entertaining those who uses fake account for trolling.

Ringo33
25-10-13, 13:26

after talking so much wonderful thing about bishan, do you think that Sky Vue has got better capital gain and rental potential than J Gateway?

Yes or No?

Did you say that the recent launch price of J Gateway has already factor in ALL the potential of Jurong Lake District development?

Yes or No?

backlog? hahah..:)

mermaid
25-10-13, 13:31
actually the questions are meant to be rhetorical since i know the answers already :)

since u prefer to assume my stand, I guess u can now answer my query?

Juz take it tat Im daft or dense, I hope to hear yr justification explicitly from u. I do not wan to malign u but neither would I wan my doubts to go unexplained till the extent tat it affects my opinion abt u.

Ringo33
25-10-13, 13:33

Juz take it tat Im daft or dense, I wan to hear yr justification explicitly from u. I do not wan to malign u but neither would I wan my doubts to go unexplained till the extent tat it affects my opinion abt u.

why not just switch to your trolling mode and talk about other people's parents. I am sure that's where you belong and where you will excel to great heights.

Ringo33
25-10-13, 13:34
The question wasn't directed at you but then the King of trolls seems to be very proud of his handiwork indeed and needs to blurt out and declare to the entire world.

Please carry on. Your 'fan' club membership is really rockecting.

my post in the landed forum was not direct to you either, but someone you are always stalking me leh. I wonder why.

proper-t
25-10-13, 13:35

Didn't you call R33 'low-class' before? I guess thats the standard you judge him by then...

mermaid
25-10-13, 13:38
why not just switch to your trolling mode and talk about other people's parents. I am sure that's where you belong and where you will excel to great heights.

so wat is the point tat u wanna bring across?

1. Your rude & ill manners has been taught by your parents?, or
2. Your parents is unaware of your insolent behaviour hence shd not be drag into the picture? or
3. Your parents shd be proud of the fantastic upbringing tat they given u all these while?

onglai
25-10-13, 13:40
i am starting to think all of u are women... argue that time, can pull out all the details that happened eons ago, like it just happened 5 mins ago like dat....
:)

mermaid
25-10-13, 13:44
i am starting to think all of u are women... argue that time, can pull out all the details that happened eons ago, like it just happened 5 mins ago like dat....
:)

we r a bunch of of inmature boys & gals who bear grudges!

actually Im more impressed by their digging skills. machiam hv memorise R33 posts by heart! haha!

Ringo33
25-10-13, 13:45
so wat is the point tat u wanna bring across?

1. Your rude & ill manners has been taught by your parents?, or
2. Your parents is unaware of your insolent behaviour hence shd not be drag into the picture? or
3. Your parents shd be proud of the fantastic upbringing tat they given u all these while?

This is what I am saying. This is where you belong, so dont pretend to be keen of talking about property or air pollution in this thread.

proper-t
25-10-13, 13:50
my post in the landed forum was not direct to you either, but someone you are always stalking me leh. I wonder why.

No need to wonder..you are a perpetual provider of cheap mindless entertainment.

hopeful
25-10-13, 13:53

Juz take it tat Im daft or dense, I hope to hear yr justification explicitly from u. I do not wan to malign u but neither would I wan my doubts to go unexplained till the extent tat it affects my opinion abt u.

since this is just an online forum, identities unknown (unless have meet up and such), does anybody here actually give a damn what other forummers think of them? (the question meant to be rhetorical also)

real life different of course :)

so what are the answers u seek from me? Dont ask me to search for the questions ok.

Ringo33
25-10-13, 13:53
No need to wonder..you are a perpetual provider
of cheap mindless entertainment.

Dont divert into some kind of cheap mudslinging stun leh.

So what happen to what you said about

1) No new supply for landed property (especially detached housing)

mermaid
25-10-13, 13:57
since this is just an online forum, identities unknown (unless have meet up and such), does anybody here actually give a damn what other forummers think of them? (the question meant to be rhetorical also)

real life different of course :)

so what are the answers u seek from me? Dont ask me to search for the questions ok.

Precisely identities r unknown hence it is never my intention to hide my age. But it is ok, u r entitled to how u wan to perceive me.

My qn is:
I nvr see u rebut R33 b4. Do u deemed wat R33 has claimed & asserted to be true & fair and without malicious lies?