PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Ringo33
06-07-13, 22:50
The recent opening of JEM Mall and the sold out success of J Gateway is an indication that the beautiful Western Dragon is finally awake. In the coming weeks and months, you will noticed an increase in viewing activities in your estate, and you will get many call from property agents trying to solicit you to sell you property, and some might even make you an indecent offer for your unit.

What we are seeing in 2013 is only the 1st wave of the JLD effect, the next wave will come in 2014, when the VVIPs from MND BCA and AVA move into JEM, in tandem with VVIP from Capitaland moving into Westgate.

In Fengshui, we believe that if the land is occupied by VVIP, the estates in around the area will prosperous. Dont believe? Just look at the property prices of places where ministers and banking and property tycoon live.

The 3rd wave will come in 2015, this is when NTFGH/JCH TOP and LTA will also announce the details and alignment of the Jurong Region MRT Line, and Cross Region Line. Those property located within 5km radius will huat big time in 2015.

The 4th and final wave will come in 2016/7 when STB, URA, MND make a big announcement on the development on the Lakeside District theme park. Details of the theme park is sketchy at the moment, but rest assure that when STB, EDB, URA NPark and other ministry are involved, it will be BIG.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/180/9sx6.jpg

teddybear
06-07-13, 22:53
So which wave will your Crapbelle benefit from? :rolleyes:

The recent opening of JEM Mall and the sold out success of J Gateway is an indication that the beautiful Western Dragon is finally awake. In the coming weeks and months, you will noticed an increase in viewing activities in your estate, and you will get many call from property agents trying to solicit you to sell you property, and some might even make you an indecent offer for your unit.

What we are seeing in 2013 is only the 1st wave of the JLD effect, the next wave will come in 2014, when the VVIPs from MND BCA and AVA move into JEM, in tandem with VVIP from Capitaland moving into Westgate.

In Fengshui, we believe that if the land is occupied by VVIP, the estates in around the area will prosperous. Dont believe? Just look at the property prices of places where ministers and banking and property tycoon live.

The 3rd wave will come in 2015, this is when NTFGH/JCH TOP and LTA will also announce the details and alignment of the Jurong Region MRT Line, and Cross Region Line. Those property located within 5km radius will huat big time in 2015.

The 4th and final wave will come in 2016/7 when STB, URA, MND make a big announcement on the development on the Lakeside District theme park. Details of the theme park is sketchy at the moment, but rest assure that when STB, EDB, URA NPark and other ministry are involved, it will be BIG.

xebay11
06-07-13, 23:17
Crapbelle is too far away to benefit from the Lake developments.

Regulators
06-07-13, 23:30
You forgot to include a pty px correction somewhere in between due to rising interest rates :D

Rysk
06-07-13, 23:34
1st wave in 2014, Luxus Hills drop 10%
2nd wave in 2015, drop 20%
3rd wave in 2016, drop 30%
4th wave in 2017, drop 40%
And last wave drop 50% in 2018..

And you know why??
Cos "Land Storm is Coming" started in 2013 :D

AK47
07-07-13, 01:23
Jurong即使穿上了龙袍也不像太子:cheers5:

DKSG
07-07-13, 01:26

Agree. Jurong will always be Jurong, prices will always be below Redhill and Queenstown.

This thread is really a lame attempt.

If Jurong is $1,800, anything at $1,800 between Jurong and Orchard, quickly grab!!!

DKSG

Ringo33
07-07-13, 01:27

told you I live in HDB flat liao.

But if you ask me, I see good potential in that area because its the close to JLD and its 999LH. Plus the size and surrounding are ideal place for own stay. e.g Newest retails, within Nan Hua primary school.

I will see that as one of the hot spot to ride the JLD wave.

Ringo33
07-07-13, 01:42
Agree. Jurong will always be Jurong, prices will always be below Redhill and Queenstown.

If Jurong is $1,800, anything at $1,800 between Jurong and Orchard, quickly grab!!!

DKSG

In Orchard, for similar size apartment (500sqft) near MRT and mega shopping mall, it is already going at >$3000psf. Even in mount sophia area, near little india and KTV clubs, new launch are already $2500psf.

At the moment, most people only think of 1 core center for Singapore, but very soon; thanks to government's foresight and effort to decentralized Singapore commercial activities, there will be a sub central region in the west, where everything within 10km radius from it will be gravitate towards it.

But CCR property owners dont need to worry, JLD property will never be able to match $3000psf level.

Ringo33
07-07-13, 01:58
I think you are mistaken, the vision of Jurong Lake District was never to become a highend residential district like D9 or D10. The vision for JLD is to be a leading model for Singapore in developing a mixed-used urban smart city.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9284/rlcn.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1788/2qjg.jpg

Simi
07-07-13, 02:18
This thread reminiscent that of Botannia back in 2007/2008 when Blackjacktrader21 was the Defender then
5 years on, Blackjacktrader21 was proven correct

Now for J Gateway the Defender is Ringo33
Hope to see 5 years on, Ringo33 will be proven correct :D

Ringo33
07-07-13, 02:34
This thread reminiscent that of Botannia back in 2007/2008 when Blackjacktrader21 was the Defender then

Botannia is another development which is going benefit greatly in the coming years. The huge plot of land right next to it is a gold mine for both government and 999LH residential property owners around that area.

Do look out for LTA announcement on the alignment for Cross Region Line MRT station. *hint hint*

leesg123
07-07-13, 02:36
Final wave is when the Istana also relocate to JLD! wow!

Ringo33
07-07-13, 02:39
Final wave is when the Istana also relocate to JLD! wow!

If Istana relocate, better buy Mount Sophia, all property there will get en bloc

Ringo33
07-07-13, 02:44
obviously brother BJ21 3rd eye is not affected by the haze..:)

Agree. The key of successful property investment is to buy up in area which have BIG developments in progress like Jurong. The values of these targeted properties will increase hand in hand with the development process. As Jurong transforms, so will the values of the properties in the West Coast appreciate- that is a sure thing.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7066/svja.jpg

chestnut
07-07-13, 08:18

Can i ask u a question.... Can you name me an area in Singapore which did not grow??? 5 years ago, you buy any condo, you also make money....

When times are bad like in 1997, name me an area that prices increase????

Please look at properties holistically....
- population
- economy
- GLS
- govt interventions
- HDB prices
- number of marriage
- etc.....

1 component can cause the an equilibrium issue....

:cheers3: :cheers3: :cheers3: :cheers3:

lot286
07-07-13, 10:26
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CondoWE
07-07-13, 10:32

对...对...对...穿上了龙袍也肯定不像太子,因为他是龙中之王:D :D :D !!!

flagship74
07-07-13, 10:49
Can i ask u a question.... Can you name me an area in Singapore which did not grow??? 5 years ago, you buy any condo, you also make money....

- population
- economy
- GLS
- govt interventions
- HDB prices
- number of marriage
- etc.....

Nobody here would want to think, search and humtum u an answer... we are all toking cock here...:tsk-tsk:

xebay11
07-07-13, 10:53
No way the developments in Botannia and Carabelle would benefit directly from the JLD, they don't even have a direct MRT there.

DC33_2008
07-07-13, 11:14
Can you imagine what will happen to Jurong East mrt stn with all this influx of people? Do you think it will be a good place to stay? The recent sale price at Jgateway has already surpassed what I paid for a 999LH at D1 during lethman bros saga:scared-5: .
I think you are mistaken, the vision of Jurong Lake District was never to become a highend residential district like D9 or D10. The vision for JLD is to be a leading model for Singapore in developing a mixed-used urban smart city.

Clim1688
07-07-13, 11:42
If WP win election - better bet on hougang and aljunied area 😄

Simi
07-07-13, 12:12

- population
- economy
- GLS
- govt interventions
- HDB prices
- number of marriage
- etc.....

Hi Chestnut

you question to me is for everyone (not only me la) and is irrelevant to my earlier posting

As for my earlier posting
we can see that there is no hindsight view from BJ21trader

If you care to read that thread from 2007 onwards, you will find many postings were not optimistic about the growth in West Coast at all, not to mention Jurong. Some even declared that West Coasts will not even smell 1000psf and were advising people to dump the property before it is too late :(

Fast forward to today, similar postings appear in the Jurong Gateway thread
with Ringo33 as the defender like Blackjack21trader in those days

So will J Gateway prevail like West Coast ? (this thought that was in my mind when posting in the earlier post)

In fact, I hope Jurong Gateway and JLD will succeed :ashamed1:

chestnut
07-07-13, 12:14
Nobody here would want to think, search and humtum u an answer... we are all toking cock here...:tsk-tsk:

Honestly, I now adays also tcss.... Please don't believe whatever I said hor... Hahahaha

chestnut
07-07-13, 12:20
Hi Chestnut

you question to me is for everyone (not only me la) and is irrelevant to my earlier posting

As for my earlier posting
we can see that there is no hindsight view from BJ21trader

If you care to read that thread from 2007 onwards, you will find many postings were not optimistic about the growth in West Coast at all, not to mention Jurong. Some even declared that West Coasts will not even smell 1000psf and were advising people to dump the property before it is too late :(

Fast forward to today, similar postings appear in the Jurong Gateway thread
with Ringo33 as the defender like Blackjack21trader in those days

So will J Gateway prevail like West Coast ? (this thought that was in my mind when posting in the earlier post)

In fact, I hope Jurong Gateway and JLD will succeed :ashamed1:

Bro, I also owned Botania lah.... I sold the unit about 2 years ago...

Don't take my statements too seriously hor.... Just tcss... But my honest opinion is the days of big money is over...
Take a look at stocks... Same thing, the double/triple growth over liao...
I am still holding on to my props but may off load 1 within 1-2 years...

Understand.... Watch out for population growth to have a feel of surplus or deficit condos. Cheers

Regulators
07-07-13, 12:45
If you tell jurong supporters who think the price chart for new launches will emulate caspian, they wont understand it when you say big money is over. I seriously dont foresee any big money to be made for buyers of j gateway as developers hv already priced in al the future development, leaving very little meat on the bone

Don't take my statements too seriously hor.... Just tcss... But my honest opinion is the days of big money is over...

Understand.... Watch out for population growth to have a feel of surplus or deficit condos. Cheers

Ringo33
07-07-13, 14:16

You aware how much botannia has chiong in the last 2 years right?

Ringo33
07-07-13, 14:18
If you tell jurong supporters who think the price chart for new launches will emulate caspian, they wont understand it when you say big money is over. I seriously dont foresee any big money to be made for buyers of j gateway as developers hv already priced in al the future development, leaving very little meat on the bone

What exactly is jurong supporter? Some kind of football or boy band fan club?

Regulators
07-07-13, 14:35
It is about timing, during financial crisis, name me a pty that did not make money from then to now. Location n infrastructure good, px not right means cannot buy. Likewise location may not be fantastic but if price is good, leaving rm for cap gain, u can buy. Location is only one factor, it is price n timing that trumps all when it comes to investment at the end of the day. Palm gardens may be a cock location, but if you had bought a three bedder at $5xxk few years back, u would already be sitting on about half million gain. Don't just look at location :tsk-tsk:

hutsutau
07-07-13, 15:04

DKSG
very true.

Ringo33
07-07-13, 15:44
Can you imagine what will happen to Jurong East mrt stn with all this influx of people? Do you think it will be a good place to stay? The recent sale price at Jgateway has already surpassed what I paid for a 999LH at D1 during lethman bros saga:scared-5: .

Yes, the government is fully aware of it and thats why they are collaborating with IBM to develop JLD into a Smarter city.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-29.html

On top of that, in about 10 to 15 years time, there will also be a new underground MRT station for Jurong Region Line and this will connect with Cross Region Line at West Coast station. This should help ease some burden on existing EW line.

Having said that, like in any commercial hub, human traffic at JLD will likely be heavier as compared to other suburban down. Its a good and bad thing depending who you ask.

Ringo33
07-07-13, 16:04
God of Prosperity was in JLD today. Did you guys know that he is the big boss of Jurong?

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/tharman07e.jpg

chestnut
07-07-13, 16:06

Yes I am aware.... But must take some profit off the table rite....

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Bro, no need to worry about me lar, I still very vest in props... Hahahaha...

Zile
07-07-13, 16:43

I am not so lucky... Took profit when my semi-d chiong. Now left hdb and one OCR condo. Tempted by j gateway but didn't buy. Now cash sitting in the bank rotting away!

Lovelle
07-07-13, 18:18

bro chestnut

do you setup a company and park your props under it ?

Regulators
07-07-13, 18:26
Ask him n any minister for the matter which one of them own a pty in jurong.
God of Prosperity was in JLD today. Did you guys know that he is the big boss of Jurong?

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/tharman07e.jpg

amk
07-07-13, 18:42
SRX says, the highest HDB median COV is Bishan, 59,000; whereas lowest is Jurong West, something like 15,000.

Are Jurong HDBs super underpriced now ? All HDB owners in Jurong should wait for it to reach Bishan pricing in no time ?

sunrise
07-07-13, 19:15
No meat then have to chew it out like makan tulang at roti prata store.:doh:

stalingrad
07-07-13, 20:18
Ask him n any minister for the matter which one of them own a pty in jurong.

Let me turn the table on you. These ministers have lived all their lives in D10. Has that helped CCR properties in the last five years? Haha, I rest my case.

stalingrad
07-07-13, 20:24

Show some respect for the 1.400psf condo please. It is at the same level as some of the finest condos in D10.

You guys that continue to support CCR condos are a bunch of losers. Had you listened to me five years ago, you would be billionaires today. Haha, pride is your biggest enemy. CCR condos now come at one dollar a dozen.

Ringo33
07-07-13, 22:12
No meat then have to chew it out like makan tulang at roti prata store.:doh:

this tulang you talking about is actually Osso Bucco. Better watch out for the 2nd wave.

Regulators
07-07-13, 22:27
Where k shanmugum n lily neo live are out of reach to 99% of the population, the question is not has it helped prices in the area, but can ppl living in ur area even afford to buy where they live? A $200psf increase in their gcb properties can buy two to three of your condos.
Let me turn the table on you. These ministers have lived all their lives in D10. Has that helped CCR properties in the last five years? Haha, I rest my case.

Ringo33
07-07-13, 22:32
Where k shanmugum n lily neo live are out of reach to 99% of the population, the question is not has it helped prices in the area, but can ppl living in ur area even afford to buy where they live? A $200psf increase in their gcb properties can buy two to three of your condos.

I know its tempting to distort facts about JLD to give you opportunities to criticize it.

lot286
07-07-13, 23:05
This is awesome..kudos to the world's greatest city planners...our property valuation only can go one way... up!~ :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

teddybear
08-07-13, 01:09
So, Stalingrad aka Ringo, have you made yourself a billionaires today by the way? :rolleyes:

If you have a CCR condo which come at one dollar a dozen, please sell it to me, I want to Sapu more.

Show some respect for the 1.400psf condo please. It is at the same level as some of the finest condos in D10.

You guys that continue to support CCR condos are a bunch of losers. Had you listened to me five years ago, you would be billionaires today. Haha, pride is your biggest enemy. CCR condos now come at one dollar a dozen.

henryhk
08-07-13, 07:15
I am not so lucky... Took profit when my semi-d chiong. Now left hdb and one OCR condo. Tempted by j gateway but didn't buy. Now cash sitting in the bank rotting away!
Nobody can see the future, tat is life......count our blessings while still can..

Ringo33
08-07-13, 07:56
So, Stalingrad aka Ringo, have you made yourself a billionaires today by the way? :rolleyes:

If you have a CCR condo which come at one dollar a dozen, please sell it to me, I want to Sapu more.

How come you know Stalingrad is Ringo huh?

This old man is so smart.

:D

stalingrad
08-07-13, 08:45
How come you know Stalingrad is Ringo huh?

This old man is so smart.

:D

Ringo, don't be surprised. These guys are senile and deranged. they will say and do anything to win an argument.

eng81157
08-07-13, 08:52
In Orchard, for similar size apartment (500sqft) near MRT and mega shopping mall, it is already going at >$3000psf. Even in mount sophia area, near little india and KTV clubs, new launch are already $2500psf.

At the moment, most people only think of 1 core center for Singapore, but very soon; thanks to government's foresight and effort to decentralized Singapore commercial activities, there will be a sub central region in the west, where everything within 10km radius from it will be gravitate towards it.

But CCR property owners dont need to worry, JLD property will never be able to match $3000psf level.

not true, FH along nathan road is going for $1600-1800.

Ringo33
08-07-13, 09:08

Sorry I didnt know there is a Nathan MRT station and shopping mall along Nathan Road.

leesg123
08-07-13, 09:14
Sorry I didnt know there is a Nathan MRT station and shopping mall along Nathan Road.
nathan road has got embassies. when is JLD going to have embassies?

hopeful
08-07-13, 09:57

embassies will up property price?

no wonder JLD up.
have ethiopia embassy at 23 chin bee avenue.

also tuas have le.
djibouti have consulate general at 30 gul crescent.
this one is really undiscovered gem.

eng81157
08-07-13, 10:03

please lah, $1600 for LH @ JLD vs $1600 for FH @ River Valley.
go do a poll and see where would potential buyers prefer.

even if you offer me $1200 @ JLD, i won't touch it cos' of the noise and poor quality of life.

Lovelle
08-07-13, 10:05

even if you offer me $1200 @ JLD, i won't touch it cos' of the noise and poor quality of life.

river valley doesn't cost 1600. 2500 at least..

kasparov
08-07-13, 10:19
Smells like a bubble in Jurong...

eng81157
08-07-13, 10:26
river valley doesn't cost 1600. 2500 at least..

nothing can be further from the truth

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/13969912/for-sale-nathan-residences

eng81157
08-07-13, 10:27
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14120650/for-sale-nathan-residences

EBD
08-07-13, 10:29

DKSG

This is the biggest truth posted on here in weeks.

You can buy freehold D9 for less than JG if you look hard enough. OK maybe not super prime but still.....

It's better to own the worst house on the best street than the best house of the worst street.

oops
08-07-13, 10:32
Chart of the Day: Rents fro prime retail space in Orchard Road dipped 0.9%

What could be the reasons behind this?According to Colliers International, as of the end of June 2013, the average monthly gross rents of prime retail space in the Regional gained a slight 0.1 per cent – from S$33.38 per sq ft in the preceding quarter to S$33.42 per sq Centres ft in 2Q 2013.*Comparatively, the average monthly gross rents of prime retail space in Orchard Road declined by 0.9 per cent – from S$36.75 per sq ft in 1Q 2013 to S$36.42 per sq ft in 2Q 2013.*Here's more from Colliers International:Consequently, the rental premium that prime retail space in Orchard Road commands over similar space in the Regional Centres narrowed further from 10.1 per cent in 1Q 2013 to 9 per cent in 2Q 2013.Mr Calvin Yeo, Deputy Managing Director at Colliers International, says, “The continued narrowing of rental gap in retail space between the Regional Centres and Orchard Road indicated that malls in the Regional Centres are gaining a firmer foothold in the retail property scene; particularly, given the immediate catchment area of the nearby neighbourhoods.*In fact, we see many retailers from the non-luxury and fast-fashion sectors, who have typically been in Orchard Road and the more central areas, expanding into the sub-urban locations – with a view to bringing the accessibility of Orchard Road shopping into the heartlands, as well as developing decentralised commercial centres around the island.

oops
08-07-13, 10:38
Lower quantum and ample rental potential will drive OCR along with decentralisation in new regional centre.

EBD
08-07-13, 10:45

Sorry to say but this comment really shows that you have not made it.
If your view on where to live is how close to the MRT or bus stop you are then good luck.

I'm sure the people who live on Nathan road find transport trivial and close to the bottom of the list of their pressing issues.

hopeful
08-07-13, 10:48
I'm sure the people who live on Nathan road find transport trivial and close to the bottom of the list of their pressing issues...
they got pressing issues meh?

edit: i think pressing issue for people staying there is when can they upgrade to a more prestigious address.

Regulators
08-07-13, 10:50
Balmoral heights going for $1600psf. Cheaper than j gateway wor :D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14795282/for-sale-balmoral-heights

eng81157
08-07-13, 10:50
beats me.

but let's evaluate properties in both locations objectively.

FH vs LH
Quality of Life
Proximity to townwhich would you choose?

Ringo33
08-07-13, 11:01

May I know how does the presence of embassy add value to its neighbor?

amk
08-07-13, 11:08
but let's evaluate properties in both locations objectively.

FH vs LH
Quality of Life
Proximity to town

actually the selling(or "buying") point of Jurong Gateway has nothing to do with all these. almost no one buys it to live there. It will be a 90% pure rental mkt. every one buys to rent to FTs. Demand should not be a problem. The issue at hand is whether it makes no money, makes some money, or makes good money.

so let's not divert this interesting discussion to "quality of life" etc.

Ringo33
08-07-13, 11:10
Sorry to say but this comment really shows that you have not made it.
If your view on where to live is how close to the MRT or bus stop you are then good luck.

I'm sure the people who live on Nathan road find transport trivial and close to the bottom of the list of their pressing issues.

You dont have to be sorry really, because your comment is not making any sense.

1) We are talking about investment property here, comparing rental yield and potential capital appreciation. I hope you are in line with what we are talking about here.

2) You can choose to live in a small street along the less popular side of RV road is you wish, but that doesnt mean that everyone else have to have the same preference.

3) Instead of talking talk down HDB dweller like me, why not tell us which project in Nathan Road is more attractive than say J Gateway, which has got 5 Big Malls, MRT station, 1100 bed hospital, country club, hotels and 5.2m sqft of commercial offices all within 5 to 10 min walking distant.

4) If you only reason is FH, then are you going to tell us that a worn torn and under size Armani t-shirt is going to look good on you because of a Armani tag?

Perhaps people who is lacking on substance will need that to boost their own ego

Ringo33
08-07-13, 11:12

Again, are you comparing apple to apple?
Name the project name, unit size, psf then we talk.

hopeful
08-07-13, 11:19
Ringo, don't be surprised. These guys are senile and deranged. they will say and do anything to win an argument.
alamak stalingrad, you fell into the trap set by bad teddy.
you have been drawn out of your self-imposed exile.
bad teddy keep on associating you with low class ringo33, any esteemed professor will sure get mad right? and that's is the trap which you fell into.

quick, change your vcard profile before bad teddy expose your identity le.
dont anyhow put your nus email address [email protected] in your vcard in condosingapore.
wait later he tell the whole world stalingrad is shih sheng-hua, michael how?

no wonder teddybear scared of you, you have PhD le, very brainy. somemore you are professor in accounting, very super-duper powerful in computing profit & loss when buying & selling properties. if you say carabelle make more money than prime properties, then who can out-calculate you except another forummer who have PhD in accounting. even PhD mathematics also lose to you since PhD accounting more specialise in calculating Profit & Loss.

but i personally dont think there are many who are accounting phds cum professors who waste their time in condosingapore. so i think you are the most powerful forummer here when calculating P&L. so i believe you when you say Carabelle more profitable than prime properties. associate professor in accounting cannot be wrong about P&L calculations right? if professor wrong in P&L calculation, then he teaching wrong things to accounting undergrads le.

once again, quick change before teddy find out your vcard. teddybear sure lose to you in p&l calculation and he may become angry. what if bad teddybear complain to nus that you been misusing nus computer time for personal use how? or bad teddybear complain that how can an esteemed nus professor use foul and abusive language in public forum?

edited:
Alamak, i thought i pm you, how come still appear in public forum?
damnit, in a single post, i already offended stalingrad, teddybear (by calling him bad teddy), ringo33 (by calling him low class). bloody lousy system, from private message goes to public forum. now you and the other 2 will surely attack me.

edited:
to AMK: sorry cant help being a s**t stirrer.
to teddybear: no lah, you are not bad teddy
to ringo33: no lah, you are not low class.
to others: one monkey already sacrificed. dont be next monkeys. please change privacy settings or use some throwaway address.
to others: please check whether you PM or post in public forum. dont make same mistake as i did.
to admins: please change default privacy settings when new users registered. a lot of people very lazy, use default settings only.

eng81157
08-07-13, 14:09
Again, are you comparing apple to apple?
Name the project name, unit size, psf then we talk.

learn to read and learn to click. already posted the url, don't be lazy

eng81157
08-07-13, 14:12
actually the selling(or "buying") point of Jurong Gateway has nothing to do with all these. almost no one buys it to live there. It will be a 90% pure rental mkt. every one buys to rent to FTs. Demand should not be a problem. The issue at hand is whether it makes no money, makes some money, or makes good money.

so let's not divert this interesting discussion to "quality of life" etc.

can't the river valley place be rented out too? all else being equal, which would you pick?

EBD
08-07-13, 14:24
If you cannot work out that when someone is selling a sapphire at a higher price than a diamond that something is fundamentally broken - there is nothing else to say.

I jog down Nathan road. From what I can see driving around, anyone staying there is not worried about access to public transport - owner or renter.

1) We are talking about investment property here, comparing rental yield and potential capital appreciation. I hope you are in line with what we are talking about here.

When 99LH in Jurong is more expensive than FH in D9 and you can't see the which has upside on capital appreciation long run and which one is already pressed against the ceiling - all I can say is god bless you.

2) You can choose to live in a small street along the less popular side of RV road is you wish, but that doesnt mean that everyone else have to have the same preference.

I agree - or they cannot come close to affording it so try and talk it down.
I believe the Aeasops fable of the fox and the grapes is relevant here.

3) Instead of talking talk down HDB dweller like me, why not tell us which project in Nathan Road is more attractive than say J Gateway, which has got 5 Big Malls, MRT station, 1100 bed hospital, country club, hotels and 5.2m sqft of commercial offices all within 5 to 10 min walking distant.

No one's talking you down except yourself. Who cares is you are a HDB dweller. You seem to have pretty large chip on your shoulder.

Nathan road 10 mins, 15 mins if you're asthmatic - one word Orchard Rd. Maybe slightly beats your 5 malls. Nice Mount Elizabeth hospital. No need MRT - you will have a car. Hotels...... I seem to remember seeing one or two down there before.

4) If you only reason is FH, then are you going to tell us that a worn torn and under size Armani t-shirt is going to look good on you because of a Armani tag?

Keep thinking this way. If you need to make yourself feel good , that somehow you are making the right choice - go right ahead. Maybe it's strong enough to counteract buyers remorse if you plunged in.

Perhaps people who is lacking on substance will need that to boost their own ego

Well that must be obviously true now mustn't it? How else could anyone else have a different point of view and yet have substance. No they must somehow be defective.

The smart thing to do was buy downtown 3-4 years ago.
I picked up FH slightly less than 1k psf.
Looks like your buying or thinking of buying 99yr in Jurong at 1.6k psf.

I only wish I had your downside protection.:scared-1:

Ringo33
08-07-13, 14:33
learn to read and learn to click. already posted the url, don't be lazy

The recent transaction of Nathan Residence is around $2000 psf for a 1 bedder unit. Where did you find that $1600psf that you are talking about?

Btw, dont make the same silly mistake as Regulators, Propertyguru is not a reliable reference on transaction price.

Ringo33
08-07-13, 14:47
See my reply in RED.

If you cannot work out that when someone is selling a sapphire at a higher price than a diamond that something is fundamentally broken - there is nothing else to say.

This is a very lousy analogy. might as well call J gateway as granite if you wish to make Nathan Residence sound prime

I jog down Nathan road. From what I can see driving around, anyone staying there is not worried about access to public transport - owner or renter.

This is rubbish because you are driving around. Not taking public transport. How many people renting a 1 bedder unit in NR is driving?

When 99LH in Jurong is more expensive than FH in D9 and you can't see the which has upside on capital appreciation long run and which one is already pressed against the ceiling - all I can say is god bless you.

Nather Residence 1 bedder is transacted at $2000psf. Again please get your facts right

I agree - or they cannot come close to affording it so try and talk it down.
I believe the Aeasops fable of the fox and the grapes is relevant here.

No one's talking you down except yourself. Who cares is you are a HDB dweller. You seem to have pretty large chip on your shoulder.

Nathan road 10 mins, 15 mins if you're asthmatic - one word Orchard Rd. Maybe slightly beats your 5 malls. Nice Mount Elizabeth hospital. No need MRT - you will have a car. Hotels...... I seem to remember seeing one or two down there before.

The distant from Nathan Residence to Orchard road is around 1.5km, to cover it within 10min, you will need to travel at the speed of 9km per hour.who are you trying to smoke in this forum?

The smart thing to do was buy downtown 3-4 years ago.
I picked up FH slightly less than 1k psf.
Looks like your buying or thinking of buying 99yr in Jurong at 1.6k psf.

Actually statistic does show that price of OCR has out perform CCR property over the last 3 to 4 years.

amk
08-07-13, 14:52
can't the river valley place be rented out too? all else being equal, which would you pick?
both can be rented out no problem, but for 2-3k type of tenants, Jurong has more demand. this is the level of HDB rentals. So 1-2 bds in Jurong should have no issues in rental. It fits exactly what it is. river valley will be for different group with a bit higher budget.

At today prices and policies I will pick neither. no big money to be made in pty now. Jurong at 1800, no matter how you beat it, is a stretch. Another 10% up will be tough. Anyway a 1mil investment to get 1.1mil in 5ys time is hardly very exciting in the 1st place anyway.

mermaid
08-07-13, 16:22

actually u shd say, "不是每个穿上龙袍的人就能当太子。

eng81157
08-07-13, 16:53
The recent transaction of Nathan Residence is around $2000 psf for a 1 bedder unit. Where did you find that $1600psf that you are talking about?

Btw, dont make the same silly mistake as Regulators, Propertyguru is not a reliable reference on transaction price.

eh, just scroll up the thread. i just posted the URLs this morning.....

Ringo33
08-07-13, 16:59
eh, just scroll up the thread. i just posted the URLs this morning.....

Is it different from URA data?

teddybear
08-07-13, 19:49
You really made my day! :p:cheers1:

alamak stalingrad, you fell into the trap set by bad teddy.
you have been drawn out of your self-imposed exile.
bad teddy keep on associating you with low class ringo33, any esteemed professor will sure get mad right? and that's is the trap which you fell into.

quick, change your vcard profile before bad teddy expose your identity le.
dont anyhow put your nus email address [email protected] in your vcard in condosingapore.
wait later he tell the whole world stalingrad is shih sheng-hua, michael how?

no wonder teddybear scared of you, you have PhD le, very brainy. somemore you are professor in accounting, very super-duper powerful in computing profit & loss when buying & selling properties. if you say carabelle make more money than prime properties, then who can out-calculate you except another forummer who have PhD in accounting. even PhD mathematics also lose to you since PhD accounting more specialise in calculating Profit & Loss.

but i personally dont think there are many who are accounting phds cum professors who waste their time in condosingapore. so i think you are the most powerful forummer here when calculating P&L. so i believe you when you say Carabelle more profitable than prime properties. associate professor in accounting cannot be wrong about P&L calculations right? if professor wrong in P&L calculation, then he teaching wrong things to accounting undergrads le.

once again, quick change before teddy find out your vcard. teddybear sure lose to you in p&l calculation and he may become angry. what if bad teddybear complain to nus that you been misusing nus computer time for personal use how? or bad teddybear complain that how can an esteemed nus professor use foul and abusive language in public forum?

edited:
Alamak, i thought i pm you, how come still appear in public forum?
damnit, in a single post, i already offended stalingrad, teddybear (by calling him bad teddy), ringo33 (by calling him low class). bloody lousy system, from private message goes to public forum. now you and the other 2 will surely attack me.

edited:
to AMK: sorry cant help being a s**t stirrer.
to teddybear: no lah, you are not bad teddy
to ringo33: no lah, you are not low class.
to others: one monkey already sacrificed. dont be next monkeys. please change privacy settings or use some throwaway address.
to others: please check whether you PM or post in public forum. dont make same mistake as i did.
to admins: please change default privacy settings when new users registered. a lot of people very lazy, use default settings only.

Autumnwinds
08-07-13, 20:10

I think it's quite great that there's a 1100 bed hospital just beside J gateway. With all the headache that them owners are facing, it would be prudent to say that they will definitely be requiring/needing this 1100 beds.

I think bro Ringo has already foreseen his need for the hospital right? Hence the emphasize on the number of beds. Can we all just be happy for him that he has the convenience of what he needs the most? :D :D :D

wirehtc
08-07-13, 21:01
Important to be v near hospitals. Traffic congestion can deny u e chance of survival or better recovery. Try having a full bladder or tummy ache in a traffic jam n u know what I meant by essence of time.

Ringo33
08-07-13, 21:22
I think it's quite great that there's a 1100 bed hospital just beside J gateway. With all the headache that them owners are facing, it would be prudent to say that they will definitely be requiring/needing this 1100 beds.

I think bro Ringo has already foreseen his need for the hospital right? Hence the emphasize on the number of beds. Can we all just be happy for him that he has the convenience of what he needs the most? :D :D :D

Thanks for reminding me that over 6000 NEW healthcare jobs will be created in JLD and this is excluding the supporting industries and contractors which they will bring along with them.

Healthcare being a recession proof and ever growing industry, these hospitals will help bring in constant stream of visitors and patients from all over Singapore and the region to Jurong Gateway 365 days a year. Which mean FREE brand marketing for JLD.

And yes, its natural that when people made enough money, they will be willing to spend more on healthcare.

lot286
08-07-13, 21:34
You know, all this talk makes me want to buy more Iskandar....:cheers3: :cheers3: :cheers3: :cheers3:

Ringo33
09-07-13, 08:32
CASPIAN May 2013
3 bedder, 1200 - 1300 sqft
$6000 per month

Super good yield.

kane
09-07-13, 08:38
$6000 per month for a 3 bedder??

Ringo33
09-07-13, 08:43
$6000 per month for a 3 bedder??
Lakeshore May13, 1100-1200sqft 3 bedder
$6300 per month

Yes, I think its power of Canadian International School and MRT.
When Dulwich College at Bukit Batok west open, demand for family apartments around JLD will surge.

http://www.dulwich-singapore.sg/page.cfm?p=385

Dont under estimate the power of da WEST SIDE

xebay11
09-07-13, 08:44
CASPIAN May 2013
3 bedder, 1200 - 1300 sqft
$6000 per month

Super good yield.

Tough, with so many HDBs around.

Ringo33
09-07-13, 08:48
Tough, with so many HDBs around.

HDB and Condo around JLD all will HUAT because the rental demand is wide range, from China PRC Filipino worker to senior executives and expats.

kane
09-07-13, 09:14
6k is typically associated with a 4 bedder. what happens here will drive rentals island wide.

xebay11
09-07-13, 09:28
HDB and Condo around JLD all will HUAT because the rental demand is wide range, from China PRC Filipino worker to senior executives and expats.

I am vested in the West too, let's hope so.

eng81157
09-07-13, 10:34
Is it different from URA data?

:doh: :doh: :doh:
owners are asking between $1600-$1800, do you think buyers are going to offer them $2000????????

look at changi general and its vicinity - not only there's a hospital, there are light industries, international schools, regional finance hub, 5 min walk to simei MRT, close to aviation hubs, etc

did these factors cause condo prices to hit $1600psf??

mermaid
09-07-13, 11:24
owners are asking between $1600-$1800, do you think buyers are going to offer them $2000????????

look at changi general and its vicinity - not only there's a hospital, there are light industries, international schools, regional finance hub, 5 min walk to simei MRT, close to aviation hubs, etc

actually as much as I feel tat Jurong isn't worth this price, but this is afterall a willing sellers, willing buyers market. Some ppl do not mind paying a premium for so-called "intangible future potential". Those who bought it today muz be very confident of selling/rental them at their desired profit in the future.

Ringo33
09-07-13, 11:30

Please stop being so gullible and naive.

What is being posted on propertyguru, are not by OWNERS, they are posted by property agents (SHARKS), setting up baits at ultra low price to attract people to call them.

Dont believe, call the agent and ask if the unit is still available at $1600psf.

Autumnwinds
09-07-13, 11:32
6k is typically associated with a 4 bedder. what happens here will drive rentals island wide.

I'm only getting 5800 (1 year) a month for my 1399 sq ft unit at metro.

Since lakeshore (<1300sq ft = 6300), I'm sure it will drive up rentals everywhere else. Which means, time for me to increase rent :D

lot286
09-07-13, 11:38
There is, and will continue to be, a huge disconnect between expected rental income and price of property. (i.e rental yields).:banghead: :banghead:

Ringo33
09-07-13, 12:00

Since lakeshore (<1300sq ft = 6300), I'm sure it will drive up rentals everywhere else. Which means, time for me to increase rent :D

Thats the advantage of being near International School and also being in the heart of Singapore 2nd largest commercial district that is surrounded by over 3000 MNCs, 1100 bed hospital and University etc etc

xebay11
09-07-13, 12:04

Simei does not have an interchange MRT and does not have 4 major malls and business centre all within 500m radius.

Ringo33
09-07-13, 12:18

I hear you, but to the government, developers and investors, they still believe that JLD has got a better potential to be the largest commercial hub outside CBD.

Perhaps people living in Simei area should start LOOKING at JLD as a benchmark for their property.

And btw, Changi is not a regional financial hub, it is a back end center for banks.

lot286
09-07-13, 12:20
Ringo is right. This JLD initiative is very ambitious and i think it's gonna work:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Condo Kaiser
09-07-13, 12:25
By the time future development plans are made public, it will be priced into the selling price of Condos affected by it. Which is why we saw huge increases in prices at the likes of Caspian etc in the past 4 years. It increased at a greater rate compared to other areas of Singapore because if all the good things govt have in plan for the area.

At this point of time, I would say the upside is properly priced in by J Gateway, unless there are more things which govt has not announced anywhere. So to expect similar capital appreciate in J gateway like what Caspian got in the past 4 years will be naive. Any buyer into that market now is either upgrader from nearby HDB for own stay or longer term investors who are looking for rental yield.

If the latter, then I would rather go for the certainty in rent collected right now as compared to 3 years later. Especially in such uncertain economic times. No one knows for sure if Singapore as a country will still remain relevant in 3 years time, let alone Jurong CBD for that matter.

So bootom line, I would go for 100% certainty in immediate rental. At least in the next 3 years i see hard cash. But that is not to discount the bright future Jurong will have, just that I feel is all priced in already...

Disclaimer:
Not vested in any LH properties anywhere
Not vested in MK88 or any condo within 500m of it
Not looking to bash Jurong so I can enter the market there

Ringo33
09-07-13, 12:36
By the time future development plans are made public, it will be priced into the selling price of Condos affected by it. Which is why we saw huge increases in prices at the likes of Caspian etc in the past 4 years. It increased at a greater rate compared to other areas of Singapore because if all the good things govt have in plan for the area.

At this point of time, I would say the upside is properly priced in by J Gateway, unless there are more things which govt has not announced anywhere. So to expect similar capital appreciate in J gateway like what Caspian got in the past 4 years will be naive. Any buyer into that market now is either upgrader from nearby HDB for own stay or longer term investors who are looking for rental yield.

If the latter, then I would rather go for the certainty in rent collected right now as compared to 3 years later. Especially in such uncertain economic times. No one knows for sure if Singapore as a country will still remain relevant in 3 years time, let alone Jurong CBD for that matter.

So bootom line, I would go for 100% certainty in immediate rental. At least in the next 3 years i see hard cash. But that is not to discount the bright future Jurong will have, just that I feel is all priced in already...

Disclaimer:
Not vested in any LH properties anywhere
Not vested in MK88 or any condo within 500m of it
Not looking to bash Jurong so I can enter the market there

a very insightful comment. Those buying J Gateway should be contented that they have own a piece of the iconic landmark project right in heart of the 2nd largest commercial hub in Singapore. From now till TOP, just sit back and watch JLD transform from an ulu duckling into a beautiful swan

eng81157
09-07-13, 12:59
Please stop being so gullible and naive.

What is being posted on propertyguru, are not by OWNERS, they are posted by property agents (SHARKS), setting up baits at ultra low price to attract people to call them.

Dont believe, call the agent and ask if the unit is still available at $1600psf.

then let me boomerang the same thing back to you "stop being so gullible and naive"

at least i can head down and look at the properties listed on propertyguru. at least i can check out the market demand for rental.

JLD? everything you claim is as feathery and iffy as the haze particles from indon. superb rental demand? superb potential for capital appreciation? all talk only.

before you make a statement, think

eng81157
09-07-13, 13:04
I hear you, but to the government, developers and investors, they still believe that JLD has got a better potential to be the largest commercial hub outside CBD.

Perhaps people living in Simei area should start LOOKING at JLD as a benchmark for their property.

And btw, Changi is not a regional financial hub, it is a back end center for banks.

what talking you?! banks are there, back end or not, and you say it isn't a regional hub??

ok ok, it's a group of washdowned mak mak stalls located at changi business park. all logistics MNCs are merely backlane-operating chicken rice sellers.

Allthepies
09-07-13, 13:11
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14120650/for-sale-nathan-residences

for this price at RV, people will ask why not buy tanjong pagar, MM at tanjong pagar $1.1-1.2mil rent $35000-$4000, MM at RV $1.1-1.2mil can match the rent? :D:D

then MM @ J-Gateway $800K++, what the rental yield like?

these are questions you all need to work out yourself.. no point saying here good there bad...

Ringo33
09-07-13, 13:12
then let me boomerang the same thing back to you "stop being so gullible and naive"

at least i can head down and look at the properties listed on propertyguru. at least i can check out the market demand for rental.

JLD? everything you claim is as feathery and iffy as the haze particles from indon. superb rental demand? superb potential for capital appreciation? all talk only.

before you make a statement, think

I am not sure what you are talking about and who you are trying to impress here.

This is a summary of what you said.

1) 1 bedder apartment at Nathan Res is transacted at around $2000psf, and you claim propertyguru says $1600

2) I told you that URA data is more accurate, but your argue that Propertyguru information are posted by Owner

3) I told you that propertyguru information are posted by property agent (SHARKS), as a bait to get gullible people like you to believe that is such a good deal out there

4) Now you are saying at least you are hardworking you can check this and that.

So let me ask you.

a) How many units of Nathan Residents have you viewed? Or are you just looking at the property from outside?

b) Can you teach us how do you check out the market demand for rental?
In fact do you even know where to check out in the first place?

mermaid
09-07-13, 13:17

agree, generally Im oso not too incline in investing into something if the current price has alrdy factored in the development tat's gonna come in say 5-10 yrs' time, cos tat would mean it is overpriced in today's context. no doubt tat ppl can argue tat they can promise a say 30% profit in 20xx, but wat's the point of getting merely 30% return at certain time frame where everyone else is getting a say 50%?

Allthepies
09-07-13, 13:17
i bought my 2 bedders in the west at $700K++ rent $3400/mth, yield good or not?

now you need to pay $1.1mil for a similar unit, rent still $3400/mth, now can buy or not?

Ringo33
09-07-13, 13:20
what talking you?! banks are there, back end or not, and you say it isn't a regional hub??

ok ok, it's a group of washdowned mak mak stalls located at changi business park. all logistics MNCs are merely backlane-operating chicken rice sellers.

You mentioned "regional finance hub"

So my question is, what sort of banking transaction can you do at these "regional finance hub"? Does it offer any banking facilities for private clients etc? If not, how can you call it a regional finance hub?

Please get your facts right before posting please.

kane
09-07-13, 14:19

this is the scenario some other forum members spoke of a year or two ago. when interest rates go up, rentals are likely to go up because of better economic fundamentals.

mrtcard
09-07-13, 14:25
i bought my 2 bedders in the west at $700K++ rent $3400/mth, yield good or not?

now you need to pay $1.1mil for a similar unit, rent still $3400/mth, now can buy or not?

Actually looking at this..

U bought 2 years $700k renting $3400
Now $1.1M renting $3400
Hmm why do you even think of buying? because clearly the rental yield for your existing 2 bedder is way better than today's rental according to your quote.
But why are there people still buying properties knowing that the yield is no better than before?
from age 30 onwards, who settled down early and owned HDB or private property since 2008 has now earned at least few hundred thousands if not millions if they keep flipping before the rules.
This era is the new mid 20s to 30s who are studying or were fresh grads in 2008 has stablised and wished to grow their fruits from their first pte property purchase be it for own or rental.
Every now and then there will be batches coming out to try to own a pte property because the environment and culture made us such.
Because their peers parents bought them properties because it was cheap and earned so much profits. and these properties are still appreciating. They no need to worry about house because its a gift from parents.
How do you feel? competition comes in.
What about PRs? they say wait for property to drop. meantime rent.
i asked how long have you waited? 3 years.
why din you buy 3 years ago?
because 3 years ago, they say expensive...
who knows when you buy at 1.1M will grow to 1.5M?
there are people who can wait like PRs, there are people who wants to catch the boat because they believe the crash will never come.
personally I feel that when property crash because supply over demand?
got influx no problem
when property crash because interest rate up?
no problem for small quatum, hit big on bigger loan 3 bedder above. but do you think they can afford the increased interests? with the latest CM that came in?
just buy lar!

indomie
09-07-13, 14:29
Property investing is similar to the following anecdote, except the participants are buyer, developer, and gov.

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-story-business-dad-Bill-Gates.jpg

Ringo33
09-07-13, 14:59
Actually looking at this..

U bought 2 years $700k renting $3400
Now $1.1M renting $3400
Hmm why do you even think of buying? because clearly the rental yield for your existing 2 bedder is way better than today's rental according to your quote.
But why are there people still buying properties knowing that the yield is no better than before?
from age 30 onwards, who settled down early and owned HDB or private property since 2008 has now earned at least few hundred thousands if not millions if they keep flipping before the rules.
This era is the new mid 20s to 30s who are studying or were fresh grads in 2008 has stablised and wished to grow their fruits from their first pte property purchase be it for own or rental.
Every now and then there will be batches coming out to try to own a pte property because the environment and culture made us such.
Because their peers parents bought them properties because it was cheap and earned so much profits. and these properties are still appreciating. They no need to worry about house because its a gift from parents.
How do you feel? competition comes in.
What about PRs? they say wait for property to drop. meantime rent.
i asked how long have you waited? 3 years.
why din you buy 3 years ago?
because 3 years ago, they say expensive...
who knows when you buy at 1.1M will grow to 1.5M?
there are people who can wait like PRs, there are people who wants to catch the boat because they believe the crash will never come.
personally I feel that when property crash because supply over demand?
got influx no problem
when property crash because interest rate up?
no problem for small quatum, hit big on bigger loan 3 bedder above. but do you think they can afford the increased interests? with the latest CM that came in?
just buy lar!

Another wise man talking.

All we need to do is to read those discussion from 3 to 4 years ago to see how these "guru" always like to brag that they are smarter with their investment and all new launches are expensive.

Then 4 years later, another new batch of guru will say they are even smarter, while some of those earlier "guru" will continue to kpkb about people buying new launch and that the crash is coming.

Why so?

lionhill
09-07-13, 15:23
agree, generally Im oso not too incline in investing into something if the current price has alrdy factored in the development tat's gonna come in say 5-10 yrs' time, cos tat would mean it is overpriced in today's context. no doubt tat ppl can argue tat they can promise a say 30% profit in 20xx, but wat's the point of getting merely 30% return at certain time frame where everyone else is getting a say 50%?
Actually, every developer or resale owner intend to stretch their profit and price to future, only if they can. Therefore, there is no ground to say J-gateway is priced to future while others are not.

Believe buyers for own stay will choose to buy the place they'd like to live in where every investor will calculate their rental yield and potential of appreciation. The only difference is that each makes decisions based on their own criteria and knowledge.

No point to compare who is wiser or to pretend to be wiser. only fact in future knows the result.

mermaid
09-07-13, 15:40
No point to compare who is wiser or to pretend to be wiser. only fact in future knows the result.

wah! wah! wah! tis stmt sounds like it's directed to me wor! :tsk-tsk: :scared-4: I 都没有 geh kiang argue 来 argue 去 :(

Actually, every developer or resale owner intend to stretch their profit and price to future, only if they can. Therefore, there is no ground to say J-gateway is priced to future while others are not.

I beg to diff wor, if not buying into the future, can someone justify the record breaking psf?

ahkongkid
09-07-13, 16:08
Dumb tenants since the average for MAy 2013 for the same size was 2k cheaper. :doh:

Month Average Monthly Rent
May-13 4350
source: http://www.singaporepropertycycle.com.sg

Lakeshore May13, 1100-1200sqft 3 bedder
$6300 per month

Yes, I think its power of Canadian International School and MRT.
When Dulwich College at Bukit Batok west open, demand for family apartments around JLD will surge.

http://www.dulwich-singapore.sg/page.cfm?p=385

Dont under estimate the power of da WEST SIDE

lionhill
09-07-13, 16:10
wah! wah! wah! tis stmt sounds like it's directed to me wor! :tsk-tsk: :scared-4: I 都没有 geh kiang argue 来 argue 去 :(
No offence. Actually, I just borrow your post as a reference.

I beg to diff wor, if not buying into the future, can someone justify the record breaking psf?
what i mean is that every deveoper will count the future into account when determining the price of their project. JGateway is not alone.

Actually, if I am MCL, I will be very regret to put the price as it was. I will expect to sell it out at least in half a year, not one day only - a waste of the showroom .

mermaid
09-07-13, 16:24
what i mean is that every deveoper will count the future into account when determining the price of their project. JGateway is not alone.

not necc "every" rite? bidadari is due for future development as well, but the price for the recently launched bartley ridge was kinda cheap.

Actually, if I am MCL, I will be very regret to put the price as it was. I will expect to sell it out at least in half a year, not one day only - a waste of the showroom .

liddat is 马后炮 liao! u nvr noe the struggle & pressure tat the pricing team is faced with when they hv to set such a high price to compensate for the high GLS paid for :47:

Condo Kaiser
09-07-13, 16:27
Dumb tenants since the average for MAy 2013 for the same size was 2k cheaper. :doh:

May-13 4350

LOL agree... for a moment I was schocked by the 6300 rental.. Checked URA website for rental contracts.. not a single one above 4500 for all the other 3 bedders.

The owner must be laughing to the bank on that deal....

Or....... Maybe it was just a bogus transaction to declare a higher rental income to help with ability to refinance???

Condo Kaiser
09-07-13, 16:37
LOL agree... for a moment I was schocked by the 6300 rental.. Checked URA website for rental contracts.. not a single one above 4500 for all the other 3 bedders.

The owner must be laughing to the bank on that deal....

Or....... Maybe it was just a bogus transaction to declare a higher rental income to help with ability to refinance???

6000 - 7000 budget can rent bigger sized 3 bedder at Watermark

Condo Kaiser
09-07-13, 16:41
Or bigger sized 3 bedder at Park Infinia

lionhill
09-07-13, 16:50
not necc "every" rite? bidadari is due for future development as well, but the price for the recently launched bartley ridge was kinda cheap.

liddat is 马后炮 liao! u nvr noe the struggle & pressure tat the pricing team is faced with when they hv to set such a high price to compensate for the high GLS paid for :47:
Nod. When the agent told be it would be sold at least 1600psf at end of March, I told him it was hard to sell at that price.

Most of us misjudged the market, including MCL. This, to some extent, shows that the price is actually fair. The only reason of the shock is that there were very few new projects to scale up the price in the west step by step, making J-gateway like a bomb.

Urban Vista, another project very near to MRT, is also sold at similar price. but most people think it is ok because there are so many new projects in the east sold at similar price.

Ringo33
09-07-13, 17:53
RWS is going to break ground on their Jurong Gateway hotel soon, hopefully they will also unveil the design as well.

This should give JLD another marketing boost...

Huat ah!!

dtrax
09-07-13, 18:21
so eggciting... I stay in west but still have not visited JEMS yet lol so suaku. But yest decided to watch late night movie at Jcube.. bypass JEMS and saw the dropoff point looks so like orchard mall lol

kane
10-07-13, 00:26
CASPIAN LAKESIDE DRIVE 22 Non-landed Properties 2 5,000 900 to 1000 May-13

this tenant quite champion. 2 bedder go pay $5000...

teddybear
10-07-13, 00:47
Actually the tenant not dumb lah, because the following has been thrown in by the landlord:
1) Utility bills fully bored by landlord.
2) house fully renovated and decorated by landlord, just bring their luggage in will do! All other stuffs (including sofa, beds, furniture, study table, chairs, etc fully provided by landlord and selected specifically to tenants' own likings!).
3) Quarterly air-con servicing fully bored by landlord.
4) laundry of curtains once every half year fully bored by landlord.
5) Cleaning of house once a week by engaging part-time helper fully bored by landlord.
:beats-me-man:

May-13 4350

Ringo33
10-07-13, 06:30
Actually the tenant not dumb lah, because the following has been thrown in by the landlord:
1) Utility bills fully bored by landlord.
2) house fully renovated and decorated by landlord, just bring their luggage in will do! All other stuffs (including sofa, beds, furniture, study table, chairs, etc fully provided by landlord and selected specifically to tenants' own likings!).
3) Quarterly air-con servicing fully bored by landlord.
4) laundry of curtains once every half year fully bored by landlord.
5) Cleaning of house once a week by engaging part-time helper fully bored by landlord.
:beats-me-man:

Are you also one of those who like to make wild speculation about your neighbors who drives a bigger car than you?

Ringo33
10-07-13, 07:30
Originally Posted by DKSG
Office Boy posted something along this line a while ago and asks for all to watch this. This is the Theory of Concentration plus my observations from the ground.

It is really simple, doesn't take a genius to understand, because Office Boy is average IQ one!

If Jurong got people willing (and mind you Thats more than 1,000 people willing) to pay $1,600-$1,800, it won't take long for prices along the way to River Valley to increase... Very simple, for the same price, would u want to stay in Jurong or Clementi? Jurong or Bishan?

That's all Office Boy can say, because nowadays, I know this forum is reviewed by policy makers ... Heheh !

DKSG

Let me tell you why it might not necessary be the case.

According to media report, majority of the buyers for J Gateway are actually people living in the west, which mean at the moment, its the westerners who could see the potential and value of J Gateway. And this is not to say that Westerners are totally ignorant about property else where

As much as people here like to compare J Gateway to CCR property, I can tell you that the really good properties in CCR are never cheap, and those CCR properties which forummers choose for comparison are perhaps the bottom tier of CCR property which are located in not so ideal location. Some could even go as far as saying that because its CCR property, they are more willing to walk 1.5km to MRT and could do that in 10min. ie. walking at 9kmh??

While those who are vested elsewhere could making a big fuss about how over priced is J Gateway and how the money will eventually flow towards where they invested, I could tell you that the opposite will be more likely to happen.

The launched of J Gateway a few weeks back has made investors and buyers from all corner of Singapore stood up to take notice about JLD. As we can see in this forum as well. So going forward, we are likely to see some to continue living in denial and pouring cold water on the future of JLD, many potential investors and buyers will actually start to do their own fact findings and take notice of JLD whenever there are media report on new development on JLD (Which will go on for the next 10 to 15 years)

When they have fully understood the concept and plan of JLD, many people, including tenants, will realize JLD is in fact a mini Singapore city on its own, that is build on sound fundamentals from Jobs to education, from family leisure to healthcare, which is pretty much what a normal human being needs.

Honestly, based on the comments I read in this forum, I am actually think many people in Singapore still have no clue about that JLD masterplan is all about, which also mean the future of JLD is brighter than I thought.

Ringo33
11-07-13, 14:54
Dont under estimate the charm of the western dragon

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sites/businesstimes.com.sg/files/imagecache/filenamee/genting711e.jpg

GENTING Singapore on Thursday broke ground on its new 550-room hotel in western Singapore, along Jurong Town Hall Road.

Located at a 9,027 square metres site with a 99 year lease period, the hotel is slated to open in the first half of 2015 in a district earmarked by Singapore's Urban Redevelopment Authority as a new growth area with commercial, business and leisure facilities.

The hotel is situated close to the International Business Park cluster of offices, as well as popular shopping malls such as JCube and Jem.

Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, Chairman of the Genting Group and Executive Chairman of Genting Singapore said, "With our hotel being the first to open in this growing precinct, we hope to create another unique hospitality product that will crank up the buzz meter in this already vibrant area to even higher levels. This will be a new landmark in the Jurong Lake District."

The hotel will be the seventh hospitality development for Genting Singapore, which owns six hotel properties at Resorts World Sentosa (RWS): Crockfords Tower, Hotel Michael, Festive Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Equarius Hotel and the Beach Villas.

Ringo33
11-07-13, 23:24
Huat ah!

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5862/djjp.jpg

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6886/dcyi.jpg

kane
11-07-13, 23:31
maybe genting can do hospitality reit. hahaha.

DKSG
12-07-13, 12:57

According to media report, majority of the buyers for J Gateway are actually people living in the west, which mean at the moment, its the westerners who could see the potential and value of J Gateway. And this is not to say that Westerners are totally ignorant about property else where

As much as people here like to compare J Gateway to CCR property, I can tell you that the really good properties in CCR are never cheap, and those CCR properties which forummers choose for comparison are perhaps the bottom tier of CCR property which are located in not so ideal location. Some could even go as far as saying that because its CCR property, they are more willing to walk 1.5km to MRT and could do that in 10min. ie. walking at 9kmh??

While those who are vested elsewhere could making a big fuss about how over priced is J Gateway and how the money will eventually flow towards where they invested, I could tell you that the opposite will be more likely to happen.

The launched of J Gateway a few weeks back has made investors and buyers from all corner of Singapore stood up to take notice about JLD. As we can see in this forum as well. So going forward, we are likely to see some to continue living in denial and pouring cold water on the future of JLD, many potential investors and buyers will actually start to do their own fact findings and take notice of JLD whenever there are media report on new development on JLD (Which will go on for the next 10 to 15 years)

When they have fully understood the concept and plan of JLD, many people, including tenants, will realize JLD is in fact a mini Singapore city on its own, that is build on sound fundamentals from Jobs to education, from family leisure to healthcare, which is pretty much what a normal human being needs.

Honestly, based on the comments I read in this forum, I am actually think many people in Singapore still have no clue about that JLD masterplan is all about, which also mean the future of JLD is brighter than I thought.

This it totally Rubbish!

If Jurong and Clementi is selling at the same price, how many would choose Jurong ? If Clementi and Bouna Vista/Holland area selling at the same price, how many would choose Clementi ?

If you dont believe, you can do your favorite polling la!

Your statements show that you are in total denial!

Thats why I say, if people can find any FH/LH properties between Jurong CCR for $1,800 or less, just GRAB! Especially if it is FH.

I have a few office colleagues who came and ask me whether can buy this Jurong thing or not, I just told them if Queenstown got units at 5% more will they consider ? All of them dropped the idea of buying Jurong at $1,600-$1,800 Immediately. Wont most people ?

Think, people, Think!

DKSG

teddybear
12-07-13, 13:07
Ha ha ha! Makes a lot of sense, but that person won't be interested in any thing sensible since it is not in his interest to do so... That is why must spend so much time trying to persuade other people to buy Jurong at $1600 psf!

If so good need persuading?
Does the buyer of Hamilton need persuading to pay $5000 psf? This buyer is one who is not even interested in Jurong at $1600 psf! :tongue3:

This it totally Rubbish!

If Jurong and Clementi is selling at the same price, how many would choose Jurong ? If Clementi and Bouna Vista/Holland area selling at the same price, how many would choose Clementi ?

Thats why I say, if people can find any FH/LH properties between Jurong CCR for $1,800 or less, just GRAB! Especially if it is FH.

I have a few office colleagues who came and ask me whether can buy this Jurong thing or not, I just told them if Queenstown got units at 5% more will they consider ? All of them dropped the idea of buying Jurong at $1,600-$1,800 Immediately. Wont most people ?

Think, people, Think!

DKSG

mermaid
12-07-13, 13:24
This it totally Rubbish!

Think, people, Think!

DKSG

actually I do agree with yr viewpoints tat Jurong is afterall Jurong; it can nvr fight wif a better location. but u dun underestimate Jurong's ability.

Tampines is a very gd eg. Although if u ask ppl, would u choose TPY or Tampines, most ppl (including myself) will choose the former. BUT, u cannot deny the fact tat ppty prices in Tampines isn't very much cheaper as compared to TPY.

in short, Jurong, like Tampines is overpriced, but there r tonnes of ppl willing to pay for it. :2cents:

lionhill
12-07-13, 13:26
This it totally Rubbish!

Think, people, Think!

DKSG
bother, no one will sell new MM in Queenstown at $1600, big size one is possible.

one reason that J-gaway can be sold is its small quantum, a 2-bedder is less than 900k, a bit above $1,400 psf only.

teddybear
12-07-13, 13:36
This kind of thing very common in Jurong...

Guys continue peeing near ATM despite warning These fellas are champions.

When the call of nature comes you have to answer!

Well for these guys they decided to relieve themselves on near an ATM and even posed for a photo while they were doing the deed.

When STOMPer H told two men to not pee near a P.O.S.B ATM, they ignored and even challenged him to take a picture of their deed.

The STOMPer proceeded to take a picture of the two men, and wondered if they were peeing in a public place because they were unaware of the law that such an act is illegal.

Said the STOMPer:

"These two guys were caught on my camera while urinating at next to a P.O.S.B ATM machine.

"I was on my way to withdraw money at 11:35pm on July 9 when I spotted them.

"I tried to tell them about Singapore law urinating in public but they simply ignored and told me to "I don't care, take a photo."

http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/1874864/data/pee_galleryjpg1373429157083-data.jpg

"So, I took this shot while they continued with their business.

"I wonder why these guys are not aware of Singapore's law?"

Ringo33
12-07-13, 13:42
This it totally Rubbish!

Think, people, Think!

DKSG

Let me tell you why your argument is flaw.

1) Your ideology is based on the traditional thinking that only property near to the CCR deserves to command a premium and you have not put much thought into how the government's effort to decentralize commercial hub in Singapore is going to shift the paradigm of property buyers.

2) You are totally discounting the fact that JLD itself will become the largest commercial center outside CBD, which will also have its world class attraction.

3) There are plenty of FH apartments in CCR that is selling at $1800psf and less, and the reason why they are selling this low is because they are either too old or located in lousy location. Yes, within CCR there are good and bad location, and I hope you are not going to waste time disputing that. And btw, for 1 bedder apartment along orchard road, some are selling at $3500psf, that is around $2000psf premium over JLD.

4) The last time I check, 1 a bedder at Echelon Queenstown was selling at around $2500psf and while J Gateway is selling at $1700psf. There is still a $800psf difference. So, what rubbish are you talking about to your colleagues? If you wish to compare old Queentown condo to J Gateway, whey not compare it with old condo in Jurong? Many are still selling below $1000psf, ask your colleague if they are interested.

Ringo33
12-07-13, 13:47
bother, no one will sell new MM in Queenstown at $1600, big size one is possible.

one reason that J-gaway can be sold is its small quantum, a 2-bedder is less than 900k, a bit above $1,400 psf only.

J Gateway $1700psf, Echelon $2500psf, Scotts Tower $3500psf, One Marina $4000psf

Wait Long Long
12-07-13, 14:02
Why do you say things which are so childish? If you had checked the source, this incident actually happened in Ang Mo Kio. These type of incidents can happen anywhere, CCR, OCR, RCR, so why make these type of statements?

Everyone knows you do not not like Jurong, but this type of statements really take the cake!!!!!!

Really childish!! :tsk-tsk:

This kind of thing very common in Jurong...

Guys continue peeing near ATM despite warning These fellas are champions.

When the call of nature comes you have to answer!

Well for these guys they decided to relieve themselves on near an ATM and even posed for a photo while they were doing the deed.

When STOMPer H told two men to not pee near a P.O.S.B ATM, they ignored and even challenged him to take a picture of their deed.

The STOMPer proceeded to take a picture of the two men, and wondered if they were peeing in a public place because they were unaware of the law that such an act is illegal.

Said the STOMPer:

"These two guys were caught on my camera while urinating at next to a P.O.S.B ATM machine.

"I was on my way to withdraw money at 11:35pm on July 9 when I spotted them.

"I tried to tell them about Singapore law urinating in public but they simply ignored and told me to "I don't care, take a photo."

http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/1874864/data/pee_galleryjpg1373429157083-data.jpg

"So, I took this shot while they continued with their business.

"I wonder why these guys are not aware of Singapore's law?"

sunrise
12-07-13, 14:31
the thread title makes reader boiled! :D

hopeful
12-07-13, 15:23

how come i dont see any POSB ATM?
also, the Stomper funny le, "told two men to not pee near a P.O.S.B ATM". so the problem is because the 2 men pee near a POSB ATM. If pee at other banks' ATM OK.
i think the stomper want to withdraw money from the POSB atm, afraid that he step into pool of urine, that's why he complain. If he didnt have any need to withdraw money, then he also will mind his own business.

chestnut
12-07-13, 17:25
Bro Ringo, u have done a lot of analysis on jurong. I commend u and i believe the story. I always believe, what the govt wants, what the govt gets......

The only time I can recall whereby the govt did not achieve was in Punggol. Punggol was stopped because of 1997... So that was a rare case.

The govt wanted bishan to be great, what happen? The govt wanted Serangoon to be great, what happened? The govt wanted Sentosa to be great, what happened? The govt wanted marina to be great, what happened?

So, you are right to listen to govt. if any of u go Jurong, u will know the amount of investment the govt put on the infra....

Cheers.

:cheers4:

Many did not believe OCR will do a fantastic job over the past 4 years.... Hahahahaha

oops
12-07-13, 17:40
Here's a glimpse of Genting Singapore's first Jurong hotel

*It's slated to open in 2015.According to a release, Genting Singapore broke ground on its new hotel in western*Singapore, along Jurong Town Hall Road last Thursday.Slated to open in the first half of 2015, Genting Singapore’s latest property development will be the first hotel to open in the Jurong Lake District which has been earmarked by Singapore’s Urban Redevelopment Authority as a new growth area with commercial, business and leisure facilities.Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, Chairman of the Genting Group and Executive Chairman of Genting Singapore said, “This hotel signifies our commitment to reinvesting in Singapore, where Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) is based. Since opening RWS in 2010, we have transformed the tourism landscape in Singapore, and participated actively in the country’s social and community causes.With our hotel being the first to open in this growing precinct, we hope to create another unique hospitality product that will crank up the buzz meter in this already vibrant area to even higher levels. This will be a new landmark in the Jurong Lake District.”The hotel has a site area of 9,027 square metres and a lease period of 99 years. Located 5 minutes from the Jurong East Mass Rapid Transit station, it is situated close to the International Business Park cluster of offices, as well as popular shopping malls such as JCube and Jem.Designed for both business and leisure visitors, the 550-room hotel will have a contemporary look, with clean-line furnishings. Besides club rooms for business executives, the hotel room inventory will include family rooms that can each comfortably accommodate families of four.To complement the lush tropical lakeside setting close to the Jurong Lake, the architects adopted a “hotel in a garden” theme incorporating extensive landscaping and greenery, as well as roof gardens and sky terraces for guests to enjoy expansive views of the Jurong Lake District.Extensive open spaces such as courtyards and gardens will be found in many parts of the hotel.The hotel’s facilities include an all-day dining restaurant and a 24-hour deli, a swimming pool, a*gym, a launderette, meeting rooms and a ballroom.Connectivity features strongly, with*complimentary wifi offered throughout the hotel, as well as internet stations and media pods in the*lobby.Mr Tan Hee Teck, President and Chief Operating Officer of Genting Singapore said, “We are excited to be the first hotel investor in the Jurong Lake District. Our flagship Resorts World Sentosa is one of the most successful integrated resorts in the world today, and the Jurong Lake Precinct should expect nothing less from this hotel in its category.We will deliver a product that will bring incremental business to neighbouring merchants, accommodation convenience to companies in the vicinity, and amenities to Jurong West residents. We will deliver an exciting property.’’The hotel will be the seventh hospitality development for Genting Singapore, which currently owns*six hotel properties at RWS: Crockfords Tower, Hotel Michael, Festive Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Equarius Hotel and the Beach Villas. *

teddybear
12-07-13, 17:42
Govt last time ask many people to study IT... But as we know, it turned out to be the worst field after that... :doh:

And by the way, govt didn't try to psycho people to buy into the Orchard, that is why Orchard is able to maintain as the place with the most valuable properties with highest $PSF in the whole of Singapore!
May be you all should just ask govt to leave Jurong alone and it will have better chance of rising in prices to beat Orchard? :p

Bro Ringo, u have done a lot of analysis on jurong. I commend u and i believe the story. I always believe, what the govt wants, what the govt gets......

The only time I can recall whereby the govt did not achieve was in Punggol. Punggol was stopped because of 1997... So that was a rare case.

The govt wanted bishan to be great, what happen? The govt wanted Serangoon to be great, what happened? The govt wanted Sentosa to be great, what happened? The govt wanted marina to be great, what happened?

So, you are right to listen to govt. if any of u go Jurong, u will know the amount of investment the govt put on the infra....

Cheers.

:cheers4:

Many did not believe OCR will do a fantastic job over the past 4 years.... Hahahahaha

chestnut
12-07-13, 17:50
Govt last time ask many people to study IT... But as we know, it turned out to be the worst field after that... :doh:

Bro, for education, the govt decides what they want and use it to advantage.....

Do u think bio science is great for Singaporeans????

For props, the govt build infra around it...... If they build up infra, wat will happen???? Look at punggol today....

I believe the key area of deployment will be marina, sentosa, jurong.... When the govt spend money on infra, they expect returns....

U have every rite to disagree with me... I am just giving my view... The verdict will be known in a few years time....

My next question is, what is the govt doing for Orchard????? Any infra???? I really am not up to date with props.... If u say yes, I will believe u. Because I really am not up to date....

But when I go orchard, I don't see how the govt can rev it up.... But when they rev up marina and jurong, investments start pouring in....

I am not vested in jurong nor marina as I have enough of props liao.... But I just speaking out aloud....

This is not a debate and I am open to views....

Cheers

chestnut
12-07-13, 17:52

And by the way, govt didn't try to psycho people to buy into the Orchard, that is why Orchard is able to maintain as the place with the most valuable properties with highest $PSF in the whole of Singapore!
May be you all should just ask govt to leave Jurong alone and it will have better chance of rising in prices to beat Orchard? :p

Bro, my gut feel is marina will definitely unseat Orchard.....

We will know in a couple of years.....

Marina will be able to give more than orchard.....

Fiona2004
12-07-13, 17:53
Bro, for education, the govt decides what they want and use it to advantage.....

Do u think bio science is great for Singaporeans????

For props, the govt build infra around it...... If they build up infra, wat will happen???? Look at punggol today....

I believe the key area of deployment will be marina, sentosa, jurong.... When the govt spend money on infra, they expect returns....

U have every rite to disagree with me... I am just giving my view... The verdict will be known in a few years time....

My next question is, what is the govt doing for Orchard????? Any infra???? I really am not up to date with props.... If u say yes, I will believe u. Because I really am not up to date....

But when I go orchard, I don't see how the govt can rev it up.... But when they rev up marina and jurong, investments start pouring in....

I am not vested in jurong nor marina as I have enough of props liao.... But I just speaking out aloud....

Cheers

Well said! I salute you! Have a nice weekend!

chestnut
12-07-13, 17:58

Bro, when Singapore was manufacturing, they wanted a lot of engineers..... Look at engineers today????
When govt today is going into bio science, what happened....

So my advise is look at history to find the future....of course, sometimes it differs... But it will provide a clue....

rymccondo77
12-07-13, 18:37

Cheers

To some, it is a must win debate !!!

For me, share views - no need to be upset if there are disagreements :) Time will eventually prove who is right :D

DKSG
12-07-13, 18:49
To some, it is a must win debate !!!

For me, share views - no need to be upset if there are disagreements :) Time will eventually prove who is right :D

We need time to tell us that Clementi will be more expensive than Jurong ?
That Redhill will be more expensive than Clementi ?
That Orchard will be more expensive than River Valley ?
That Tampines will be more expensive than Pasir Ris (thats to the person who is comparing Tampines with Toa Payoh)...

I dont think there is a need to use time to tell us that la ... the time we can look at is the past 30 years ...

DKSG

rymccondo77
12-07-13, 19:00
We need time to tell us that Clementi will be more expensive than Jurong ?
That Redhill will be more expensive than Clementi ?
That Orchard will be more expensive than River Valley ?
That Tampines will be more expensive than Pasir Ris (thats to the person who is comparing Tampines with Toa Payoh)...

I dont think there is a need to use time to tell us that la ... the time we can look at is the past 30 years ...

DKSG

Yup, can learn from the past - still it would be fascinating to me to see what happens in the next 3 to 5 years :)

oops
12-07-13, 19:02
JLD will be a class of its own. No longer the old jurong.

Ringo33
12-07-13, 19:25
J Gateway $1700psf, Echelon $2500psf, Scotts Tower $3500psf, One Marina $4000psf

JLD definitely has got plenty to catch up in terms of psf.

DKSG
12-07-13, 19:36
JLD definitely has got plenty to catch up in terms of psf.

Originally Posted by Ringo33

Based on what you say, RedHill and River Valley and Orchard got EVEN MORE to catch up!

DKSG

DKSG
12-07-13, 19:39
Yup, can learn from the past - still it would be fascinating to me to see what happens in the next 3 to 5 years :)

Dont just sit there and be fascinated!
Grab something that is undervalued now!

With $1,700 benchmark in Jurong, many many locations are now undervalued and will catch up within the next 3-5 years even if Jurong price dont move beyond $1,700!

DKSG

Allthepies
12-07-13, 19:50
I tot j gateway mid floor 1500 to 1550? When did it become 1700? Super high floor 34th floor unit? hee if everybody keep rounding up and down, soon people will say j gateway sold 2000psf, quick go buy triling at clementi at 1000psf only.

rymccondo77
12-07-13, 19:51

With $1,700 benchmark in Jurong, many many locations are now undervalued and will catch up within the next 3-5 years even if Jurong price dont move beyond $1,700!

DKSG

Thanks for the advice ... already bought a property for own stay (waiting for TOP). Moreover, all the recent CMs / loan restrictions makes it difficult for me to buy / invest in any more properties in Singapore :(

Ringo33
12-07-13, 20:06

Based on what you say, RedHill and River Valley and Orchard got EVEN MORE to catch up!

DKSG

River Valley
The Boutiq $2600psf
UP @ Robertson Quay $2900psf
Twin Peak $3500psf

Redhill
Echelon $2400psf

Jurong
J Gateway - $1700psf

Singleton
12-07-13, 20:14

DKSG

Good point.
One thing though need to compare 1room 1700pfs JLD with 1 room elsewhere.
Lets all hope JLD goes up 2000pfs and way beyond. It may be a special place but sure will lift all if not most of the boats elsewhere.
All ppty owners will be very happy:) :) :)

Condo Kaiser
12-07-13, 20:48
River Valley
The Boutiq $2600psf
UP @ Robertson Quay $2900psf
Twin Peak $3500psf

Redhill
Echelon $2400psf

Jurong
J Gateway - $1700psf

haha why choose all the over priced ones to compare? 5 years down the road.. over priced will become normal priced.. because the currently normal priced ones will catch up...

Robertson
The pier at Robertson - 2200 psf
Martin place residence - 2300 psf

Newton
Vida - 2300 psf
Newton edge - 2100 psf

I anyhow pluck these from the back of my mind... any one of the above you buy today will give u 4% yield eyes closed... the list can go longer...

so next 3 years gross rent already 120-140k....

Condo Kaiser
12-07-13, 20:50
I don't really believe over priced today will become crazy priced 3 years later....

kane
12-07-13, 21:13
if over price today can become crazy price tomorrow, think about what that means for those reasonable priced today...

Ringo33
12-07-13, 21:31
haha why choose all the over priced ones to compare? 5 years down the road.. over priced will become normal priced.. because the currently normal priced ones will catch up...

Robertson
The pier at Robertson - 2200 psf
Martin place residence - 2300 psf

Newton
Vida - 2300 psf
Newton edge - 2100 psf

I anyhow pluck these from the back of my mind... any one of the above you buy today will give u 4% yield eyes closed... the list can go longer...

so next 3 years gross rent already 120-140k....

I think its only fair that we compare apple to apple. ie. new launches vs new launch, small apartment vs small apartment.

Else I could also ask why pick the highest psf price in J Gateway to compare? Why not choose psf price of older or TOP condo in JLD to compare?

Perhaps it might be more logical to use these "over price" CCR property as benchmark instead of J Gateway.

And btw, Lincoln suites at Newton has already hit $2900psf.

J Gateway $1700psf only. cheap cheap

Condo Kaiser
12-07-13, 21:50
I think its only fair that we compare apple to apple. ie. new launches vs new launch, small apartment vs small apartment.

Else I could also ask why pick the highest psf price in J Gateway to compare? Why not choose psf price of older or TOP condo in JLD to compare?

Perhaps it might be more logical to use these "over price" CCR property as benchmark instead of J Gateway.

Tht's what I was saying right.. don't buy new launch... only resale makes sense now... :doh:

I already try my best to find smallish 1 bedder to compare with you liao...

teddybear
12-07-13, 21:55
Yes you are so right! Why Ringgo want to buy a new launch at overpriced price and see them normalize to about same price as surrounding condos after 5 years? :doh:
May be he is trying to flip very quickly at a premium after buying at overpriced price so that he will not see the normalization after 5 years and must persuade somebody to take over his baby? :rolleyes:

Tht's what I was saying right.. don't buy new launch... only resale makes sense now... :doh:

Condo Kaiser
12-07-13, 21:57

and tht's why new launch in CCR are not sold out overnight... cos richer people got brain... know new launch no value... then developer still got a bit of holding power so refuse to reduce price... so stuck lo....

but a lot of stupid people cheong to buy new launch all over the island leh... all is heartland one... why? kiasu lo... and j gate way is the ultimate kiasu lo... something worth 10 dollars in 5 years, people sell u for 11 dollars today...

DKSG
12-07-13, 22:27
and tht's why new launch in CCR are not sold out overnight... cos richer people got brain... know new launch no value... then developer still got a bit of holding power so refuse to reduce price... so stuck lo....

but a lot of stupid people cheong to buy new launch all over the island leh... all is heartland one... why? kiasu lo... and j gate way is the ultimate kiasu lo... something worth 10 dollars in 5 years, people sell u for 11 dollars today...

This nicely summarised the situation.

DKSG

Autumnwinds
12-07-13, 23:02

Really like your description. 10 bucks in 5 years, market at 11 today.

Bravo indeed! :D

Regulators
12-07-13, 23:32
Jurong and most part of the west selling at only $5xx-6xxpsf few years ago and that is what I call cheap. You are paying triple the psf of these old condos but you are not getting 3 times the remaining lease of these old condos. I would rather pay $600psf with 80 years remaining on the lease than pay $1800psf for a condo with 99 years. :doh:

Ringo33
12-07-13, 23:49

1) 1919 and LIV Sophia were both sold out project in CCR. Not cheap either, 2000 to 2500psf??

2) Like I said before, one shouldnt assume that all CCR the same and the reason why some are cheaper than the others is because of LOCATIONx3 not because of DISTRICT number

Plus the reason why those CCR launches we are seeing today are not sold out because of poor location. e.g. which recently launched CCR projects are next to MRT and shopping mall? Perhaps we could wait till Marina One launch later this year to see if the richer people are really smarter as you claim.

3) Instead of thinking that CCR buyers are all smart, why not think of it as buyers today are more selective on what they buy because of CMs. (cant afford to be fickle minded)
And btw, how sure are you that J Gateway buyers are not rich in the first place?

Ringo33
13-07-13, 00:01

Lets not label new property buyer as stupid just because you have an early start in property investment. For first timer or upgrader, if their intention is to only own 1 PC, I am sure they would prefer to own one that they like, and something that is worth keeping instead of buying one because its cheap.

On same note, you could also label anyone carrying designer hang bag or diners in expensive restaurant as stupid because the bag is not going to make them richer or the food making them healthier. Why spend $15 for a beer in the restaurant when you can get them at $3 in supermarket?

Condo Kaiser
13-07-13, 00:06
1 - please stop comparing to new launch... you still not getting what I say

2 - please don't tell me u think The Pier and Martin place location not good.... also... the 2 newton condos all 5min walk to MRT

3 - FYI majority of real CCR investors never used to take 80% financing so CM impact them less. While all the CMI buyers now got priced out of good location so they have to down grade and catch the bandwagon....

Condo Kaiser
13-07-13, 00:08
Lets not label new property buyer as stupid just because you have an early start in property investment. For first timer or upgrader, if their intention is to only own 1 PC, I am sure they would prefer to own one that they like, and something that is worth keeping instead of buying one because its cheap.

On same note, you could also label anyone carrying designer hang bag or diners in expensive restaurant as stupid because the bag is not going to make them richer or the food making them healthier. Why spend $15 for a beer in the restaurant when you can get them at $3 in supermarket?

so its first timer and upgrader who bought the 1 bedder <500sqft units at j gateway? haha..

they learn from yowetan squeeze whole family in 1 bedder cos they love staying in the west?

Ringo33
13-07-13, 00:15
1 - please stop comparing to new launch... you still not getting what I say

2 - please don't tell me u think The Pier and Martin place location not good.... also... the 2 newton condos all 5min walk to MRT

3 - FYI majority of real CCR investors never used to take 80% financing so CM impact them less. While all the CMI buyers now got priced out of good location so they have to down grade and catch the bandwagon....

1) If you intention is to compare new launches vs. resale, then there is no reason to single out J Gateway as the reason why Islandwide property price is under value.

2) They are good property in good location and they are nowhere as cheap as what people are trying to see. Again, you are using old project to compare with J Gateway $1700 (new launch)

3) Whether one take new 80% or pay in full, for an investor, rich or poor they still need to pay ABSD and be bounded by SSD.

Condo Kaiser
13-07-13, 00:20
haha ok ok.. I think we can all agree there is no point in continuing this conversation anymore... let u win...

I read your signature and concede u are indeed more experienced than me...

:sleep:

Ringo33
13-07-13, 00:22
so its first timer and upgrader who bought the 1 bedder <500sqft units at j gateway? haha..

they learn from yowetan squeeze whole family in 1 bedder cos they love staying in the west?

How they choose to invest their money is really none of your business really.
and I honestly think you should just mind your own business.

hahah? Whats so funny for first timer to buy MM?

teddybear
13-07-13, 00:29
Very funny for upgrader to buy MM! How to squeeze whole family in MM hah? :rolleyes:

How they choose to invest their money is really none of your business really.
and I honestly think you should just mind your own business.

hahah? Whats so funny for first timer to buy MM?

Ringo33
13-07-13, 00:32
Very funny for upgrader to buy MM! How to squeeze whole family in MM hah? :rolleyes:

old man, wear spectacle lah.

I said first timer buying MM, how come twist and turn until become upgrader?

have you found where exactly is Jurong Gateway yet?

And did any of your neighbors annoyed you because they bought a new car?

teddybear
13-07-13, 00:38
I may be old but I am very sharp, and I have photographic memory... See, you wrote "for first timer or upgrader..." :tongue3:

old man, wear spectacle lah.

I said first timer buying MM, how come twist and turn until become upgrader?

have you found where exactly is Jurong Gateway yet?

And did any of your neighbors annoyed you because they bought a new car?

Ringo33
13-07-13, 00:42
I may be old but I am very sharp, and I have photographic memory... See, you wrote "for first timer or upgrader..." :tongue3:

aiyo, old man eye got stamp isit?

When I mention upgrader in my earlier post, did I mention MM? Or are you just imaging things because of your old man medication? dizzy?

this kind of twisting word stunt is very unproductive and unhealthy for old people, please try to avoid doing it too often.

So old man, have you found out where is jurong gateway?

Autumnwinds
13-07-13, 00:52
I cannot help But wonder, which first timer/upgrader would be content living in a less than 500 sq ft house? Or is everyone thinking like yowetan now?

teddybear
13-07-13, 00:55
Wasn't you the one who justified that J Gateway is worth >$1600 psf because it is an MM and must be compared to MMs else where which are going for >$3000 psf? Then you said first timer or upgrader are not stupid to buy into J Gateway... No? See below in RED... :rolleyes:

aiyo, old man eye got stamp isit?

When I mention upgrader in my earlier post, did I mention MM? Or are you just imaging things because of your old man medication? dizzy?

this kind of twisting word stunt is very unproductive and unhealthy for old people, please try to avoid doing it too often.

So old man, have you found out where is jurong gateway?

Let me tell you why your argument is flaw.

1) Your ideology is based on the traditional thinking that only property near to the CCR deserves to command a premium and you have not put much thought into how the government's effort to decentralize commercial hub in Singapore is going to shift the paradigm of property buyers.

2) You are totally discounting the fact that JLD itself will become the largest commercial center outside CBD, which will also have its world class attraction.

3) There are plenty of FH apartments in CCR that is selling at $1800psf and less, and the reason why they are selling this low is because they are either too old or located in lousy location. Yes, within CCR there are good and bad location, and I hope you are not going to waste time disputing that. And btw, for 1 bedder apartment along orchard road, some are selling at $3500psf, that is around $2000psf premium over JLD.

4) The last time I check, 1 a bedder at Echelon Queenstown was selling at around $2500psf and while J Gateway is selling at $1700psf. There is still a $800psf difference. So, what rubbish are you talking about to your colleagues? If you wish to compare old Queentown condo to J Gateway, whey not compare it with old condo in Jurong? Many are still selling below $1000psf, ask your colleague if they are interested.

Regulators
13-07-13, 00:59
dog boxes in land scarce CCR I can understand, but dog boxes in Jurong is just inconceivable. I wonder why would a tenant want to compromise with the following:

1) renting smaller than 500sqft when he can rent a unit 2-3 times the size nearby for same amount or slightly higher.

2) Hear the following symphony day in day out in a poorly insulated unit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1gktKRvoGA

:doh: :doh:

I cannot help But wonder, which first timer/upgrader would be content living in a less than 500 sq ft house? Or is everyone thinking like yowetan now?

Ringo33
13-07-13, 00:59
Wasn't you the one who justified that J Gateway is worth >$1600 psf because it is an MM and must be compared to MMs else where which are going for >$3000 psf? Then you said first timer or upgrader are not stupid to buy into J Gateway... No? See below in RED... :rolleyes:

aiyo old man, I aleady told you liao. This kind of cheap stunt of quote unquote, cut and paste, twist and turn are very unproductive and unhealthy.

better go take you medication and sleep lah.

Ringo33
13-07-13, 01:01

It depends what is your definition of first timer and upgrader loh.

first timer could be first time buying condo.

upgrader could be someone moving from HDB to condo.

so whats your problem?

DC33_2008
13-07-13, 07:50
URA plans to create self-sustaining estate for work, live and place but with different focus. Property prices will level up across the country in general. CBD will still be the core financial hub. The question is rental demand of properties in different location. Different location attracts different group of people with different size of pockets. Let us wait till 2015 to see the first impact.

DKSG

Singleton
13-07-13, 09:40
URA plans to create self-sustaining estate for work, live and place but with different focus. Property prices will level up across the country in general. CBD will still be the core financial hub. The question is rental demand of properties in different location. Different location attracts different group of people with different size of pockets. Let us wait till 2015 to see the first impact.

Any reason need to wait "till 2015 to see the first impact?". oversupply? completion of downtown lines?

Singleton
13-07-13, 09:47

Any reason to wait "till 2015 to see the first impact"? oversupply? completion of downtown lines?

heehee
13-07-13, 10:27
Think not so fast. May be need to wait till 2019? May be by then can buy J Gateway at $1400 psf? (Ops, sorry for buyers at $1700 psf to wait for 6 years & pay interest costs just to sell at $1400 psf!)

Ringo33
13-07-13, 10:35
Any reason to wait "till 2015 to see the first impact"? oversupply? completion of downtown lines?
By 2015, westgate mall, big box, hospitals will open. MND, BCA, AVA will be operating out of JEM office tower, while Capitaland office will consolidated and move into Westgate office tower.

there will be at least 10,000 new jobs in JLD by then. (This could potentially cause some negative impact on property elsewhere)

heehee
13-07-13, 10:39
Looks like office & commercial landlords may have good time?
How many people really want to live in heavy industry neighbourhood?

By 2015, westgate mall, big box, hospitals will open. MND, BCA, AVA will be operating out of JEM office tower, while Capitaland office will consolidated and move into Westgate office tower.

there will be at least 10,000 new jobs in JLD by then. (This could potentially cause some negative impact on property elsewhere)

RCT
13-07-13, 13:13
Saw the big news about JE area being the next orchard road... So drop by at JEM to have a look. But to me disappointment the shopping mall looks distance from Orchard. The design is good. Look high class but don't have big brands....

Ringo33
13-07-13, 14:29
Saw the big news about JE area being the next orchard road... So drop by at JEM to have a look. But to me disappointment the shopping mall looks distance from Orchard. The design is good. Look high class but don't have big brands....
There are many different type of malls along Orchard Road. For Jem and Westgate, they will be comparable to Centrepoint, Isetan Scotts and Plaza Singapura, no Paragon or Ion.

When JLD is fully developed people living within 10 km from JLD will spend most of their weekend doing shopping and dining at JLD and Lakeside Village instead of Orchard Road.

wind30
13-07-13, 17:39

never go jurong... too far...

Is the JE area comparable to Tampinese?? I ask her want to go JE, she say don't want. Probably just like tampinese.... although a lot of shopping malls the stuff there are not "nice" cheap rentals you get cheap clients...

She say even the Isetan in tampinese is different from the one in Orchard. Looks the same to me though...

wind30
13-07-13, 17:42

seriously, don't you think the traffic in the west is bad enough already???

All these new developments with no improvements in infrastructure...

DC33_2008
13-07-13, 17:42
Ask my tenant once if she is keen to rent condo in jurong. She replied too many China Chinese. Is it true? :scared-4:

Regulators
13-07-13, 17:45
China work permit pass holders n ah neh tenants aplenty.
Ask my tenant once if she is keen to rent condo in jurong. She replied too many China Chinese. Is it true? :scared-4:

yowetan
13-07-13, 17:46
Hi...to be fair; everywhere are filled and packed with foreigners.

West side should be developing to alleviate the traffic from the central and east.

North-east side is overdoing now, and have become concrete jungle. I have visited Jewel, I am not impress with the surrounding as I can only feel concrete walls surrounding me.

Anyway, Singapore will be congested anytime anywhere.

DC33_2008
13-07-13, 18:03
Higher class ah nei also look down to low class ah nei.
China work permit pass holders n ah neh tenants aplenty.

DKSG
13-07-13, 18:04

West side should be developing to alleviate the traffic from the central and east.

North-east side is overdoing now, and have become concrete jungle. I have visited Jewel, I am not impress with the surrounding as I can only feel concrete walls surrounding me.

And the congestion will continue, resulting in higher and higher prices.
If Jurong is selling at $1,600 psf, I think it won't take very :cheers1: long for Mt Sinai to hit $2,050.

The people profile in Jurong is different from Tampines. Those who know these areas will know which is better...

DKSG

Ringo33
13-07-13, 18:23
seriously, don't you think the traffic in the west is bad enough already???

All these new developments with no improvements in infrastructure...

Traffic in the west is bad during weekdays because people living in other part of Singapore needs to find job in the west so popian must travel to the west.

With JLD, these people will starts to think about moving to the west to cut down on traveling time.

As far as JLD infrastructure is concern, please get yourself updated before commenting.

Ringo33
13-07-13, 18:28
never go jurong... too far...

Is the JE area comparable to Tampinese?? I ask her want to go JE, she say don't want. Probably just like tampinese.... although a lot of shopping malls the stuff there are not "nice" cheap rentals you get cheap clients...

She say even the Isetan in tampinese is different from the one in Orchard. Looks the same to me though...

you are right. Isetan Tampinese is different because it doesnt have Isetan supermarket like Orchard and Jurong Gateway.

Actually for people living in far away places, there is actually dont need to come all the way to JLD because you will be able to find similar stuffs in Orchard.

wind30
13-07-13, 19:11

yes but the next two major infrastructure investments are the NSE and thomson line. Both of which is going to north.

The next MRT line after that is ERL.

After this two lines are done then the Jurong Region line (2025) and cross Island (2030) will be done. Frankly I think both these two lines lead to nowhere... does not go to marina bay or orchad road...

Compared to the Thomson line which the north is getting which leads directly to Marina Financial center, Orchard, etc....

I think the point about Jurong is if you live there, please stay there and don't come out... I mean all the buildings will be up like in 2015?? you have to wait for like 10 years for JRL to be up which goes nowhere other than jurong duh....

babyt
13-07-13, 19:11
tampines Isetan is like budget isetan....not much things to shop n see.

and its true Jurong East seems to have a higher population of PRCs and Malaysian Chinese walking around. just obvious the evening peak hrs traffic lor. I guess they work in tuas factories.

oops
13-07-13, 19:17
Same as traffic in orchard and tanjong pagar during peak hrs.

Ringo33
13-07-13, 19:34
yes but the next two major infrastructure investments are the NSE and thomson line. Both of which is going to north.

The next MRT line after that is ERL.

After this two lines are done then the Jurong Region line (2025) and cross Island (2030) will be done. Frankly I think both these two lines lead to nowhere... does not go to marina bay or orchad road...

Compared to the Thomson line which the north is getting which leads directly to Marina Financial center, Orchard, etc....

I think the point about Jurong is if you live there, please stay there and don't come out... I mean all the buildings will be up like in 2015?? you have to wait for like 10 years for JRL to be up which goes nowhere other than jurong duh....
you have got it all wrong.

The purpose of JRL and CRL line is not to bring people living in the West closer to City or Marina Bay, but to bring people from all over Singapore closer to Singapore 2nd largest commercial hub.

When JLD is fully developed, it will be a commercial hub offering more jobs than housing so the government will need to have more MRT line connecting to JLD.

2025 is about the time when JLD is almost fully develop. So JLD will have another 15 to 20 years of solid growth to come.

oops
13-07-13, 19:59
Basement 2 - Isetan Japanese Supermarket and Food Hall
Isetan's supermarket will be its first outside Orchard Road and will offer shoppers a different and unique supermarket experience. It will also operate a department store, bringing Japanese fashion to Westgate.

Mr Lim Tien Chun, Managing Director, Isetan (Singapore), said, "Isetan Singapore is looking forward to the opening of our store at Westgate - our sixth in Singapore. It will be our first store in the west of Singapore and also our first Japanese-style supermarket outside Orchard Road. The store will reflect Isetan's vision of Value and Quality and our customers can expect Excitement and Originality when they shop at Isetan Jurong East."

wind30
13-07-13, 20:17
They also have kinokuniya.... One of the big reasons I go Orchard Road.

I also go city area for

1) Nanbantei yakitori
2) Funan center/Simlim square for gadgets/computer
3) City Hall Area for my Feed at Raffles resturants
4) Arcade, Lucky plaza to change money
5) My favourite bread shops, Sun molin (shaw center) and kaiyser Maison at Hyatt and Ion.
6) My wife's facial shop at Adelphi
7) Tony Roma's for Ribs
8) Hotel's buffet when they have 1 for 1 promo...
9) Takashimaya for general shopping....
10) park mall for furniture
11) Stereo for headphones...
12) Sony/Samsung service centers at Marina and Wisma.

If I live in Jurong how to survive???? maybe other people have different needs.... To me, going to city area during weekends is a regular part of my life. I have friends who very seldom go city and are quite happy.

To me, it is good if you have shopping nearby but a good connection to the city area is mandatory...

wind30
13-07-13, 20:25
Also unless you are forever going to work in Jurong, what happens when a good opportunity comes from Changi business park??

I live in North Area at AMK. I used to work in kallang, now in Changi business park. My wife used to work in woodlands and her next job will be at buona vista. To us, Changi, Buona vista, city, woodlands are all equally accessible and within 30-40 mins by public transport or 20mins by car.

To me that is the most important thing about actually choosing where to stay. Of course, if you are renting out to people working in Jurong then ok. But for own stay, I would really want to be able to access every part of singapore easily.

DKSG
13-07-13, 20:35
Also unless you are forever going to work in Jurong, what happens when a good opportunity comes from Changi business park??

I live in North Area at AMK. I used to work in kallang, now in Changi business park. My wife used to work in woodlands and her next job will be at buona vista. To us, Changi, Buona vista, city, woodlands are all equally accessible and within 30-40 mins by public transport or 20mins by car.

To me that is the most important thing about actually choosing where to stay. Of course, if you are renting out to people working in Jurong then ok. But for own stay, I would really want to be able to access every part of singapore easily.

In summary, Jurong is not the first choice for most people if they can afford to stay in Queenstown or Redhill or even Clementi la !!

Once Jurong people can afford, they upgrade to Clementi. Because the people profile is slightly better.

Even better upgrade to Queenstown...

Jurong is still Jurong.

DKSG

oops
13-07-13, 20:46
Centrally located at Jurong Lake District, Westgate Tower is well connected to the PIE and AYE and is a 20-min drive away from the CBD.

Ringo33
13-07-13, 21:17
They also have kinokuniya.... One of the big reasons I go Orchard Road.

I also go city area for

1) Nanbantei yakitori
2) Funan center/Simlim square for gadgets/computer
3) City Hall Area for my Feed at Raffles resturants
4) Arcade, Lucky plaza to change money
5) My favourite bread shops, Sun molin (shaw center) and kaiyser Maison at Hyatt and Ion.
6) My wife's facial shop at Adelphi
7) Tony Roma's for Ribs
8) Hotel's buffet when they have 1 for 1 promo...
9) Takashimaya for general shopping....
10) park mall for furniture
11) Stereo for headphones...
12) Sony/Samsung service centers at Marina and Wisma.

If I live in Jurong how to survive???? maybe other people have different needs.... To me, going to city area during weekends is a regular part of my life. I have friends who very seldom go city and are quite happy.

To me, it is good if you have shopping nearby but a good connection to the city area is mandatory...

How to survive in Jurong? I am not sure, there are at least 3m people in Singapore living outside CCR. Btw, you got no kids?

felicia_sg
13-07-13, 21:25
Think either cannot survive in Jurong or must change to low quality cheapskate food & materials

Basement 2 - Isetan Japanese Supermarket and Food Hall
Isetan's supermarket will be its first outside Orchard Road and will offer shoppers a different and unique supermarket experience. It will also operate a department store, bringing Japanese fashion to Westgate.

Mr Lim Tien Chun, Managing Director, Isetan (Singapore), said, "Isetan Singapore is looking forward to the opening of our store at Westgate - our sixth in Singapore. It will be our first store in the west of Singapore and also our first Japanese-style supermarket outside Orchard Road. The store will reflect Isetan's vision of Value and Quality and our customers can expect Excitement and Originality when they shop at Isetan Jurong East."

felicia_sg
13-07-13, 21:29
Locals mostly don't want to live in Jurong, mostly lower class ah tiongs & ah nehs living there!

Ringo33
13-07-13, 21:39
Locals mostly don't want to live in Jurong, mostly lower class ah tiongs & ah nehs living there!

Yes and no.

1) Yes, I think everyone in Jurong would like to live in Nassim Road, thats for sure.

2) No, because around 40% of people living in Jurong are living in 5rm HDB flat. Pretty high in terms of % compare to other township.

Ringo33
13-07-13, 21:40
Think either cannot survive in Jurong or must change to low quality cheapskate food & materials

Most of the food that you eat in the restaurant are coming from Jurong area. Including those serve in Michelin Star restaurant.

Ringo33
13-07-13, 21:59
When Westgate open in Dec 2013, it will transform JLD into a mega retail hub that will be the biggest outside Orchard, and this should attract shoppers from within 10km radius.

And this will follow by the opening of Big Box in July 2014. And further 5 to 10 years down the road we will see another 2 mega malls (site opposite J Cube)

Food Republic will introduce a new thematic concept at Westgate, while Paradise Dynasty will expand its popular xiao long bao concept at ION Orchard to Westgate. Café Crema will operate its second store at Westgate while the mall will also see a new entrant on the F&B scene, Steak & Seafood Robatayaki Buffet.

Yamaha will operate a music school at Westgate for aspiring musicians. Yamaha Music (Asia) Pte Ltd said, "Since Yamaha's formation in Singapore in 1966, Yamaha has been the leading provider of music education and quality instruments to the local community. Yamaha Music (Asia) is proud to extend its reach to the residents in Jurong East with its new branch in Westgate. With the mall's central location plus accessibility via Jurong East MRT interchange, Yamaha is confident that this branch will effectively impart to the community the benefits of the Yamaha Music Education System with music courses for two year olds to popular music courses for all ages. The new branch will also feature a wide range of instruments, from our well known acoustic pianos, to our widely popular acoustic guitars and electronic drums."

The Courtyard - An alfresco shopping and dining zone

Tapping on the growing popularity of alfresco spaces, Westgate will feature a naturally ventilated area called The Courtyard. This low-rise block from Level 1 to Level 4 faces the Jurong East MRT station and will comprise F&B outlets (many with outdoor refreshment areas) and retail stores. This will be linked to the main retail podium by an inner street and bridges.

The Courtyard will house an intimate semi-outdoor pedestrian street, recreating the ambience of a vibrant shopping street. The area will feature lush landscaping with planting and water features, taking reference from the mangroves and rivers that were in Jurong. The Courtyard will be protected from the elements with a glazed canopy that lets in natural daylight. Ambient temperatures will be kept cool with mechanical means such as jet blowers and air diffusers, and water features with pre-cooled water.

Retailers at The Courtyard include Paul Bakery, Café Crema and Japanese ramen restaurant Menya Musashi.

Themed playground to delight children of all ages

Located at Level 4 will be a one-of-a-kind thematic playground, set to delight children of all ages. The specially customised play area is designed by a US theme park designer whose previous work includes attractions at Universal Studios and Disneyland.

The playground will have different zones to cater to children of varying age groups. It includes a tree top adventure play area within a giant tree trunk with interactive panels, tunnels and bridges. There is also a giant flower pot, which children can scale, and a splash area.

Ms Wee Su Lin, General Manager of Westgate, said, "Westgate will be the catalyst for the transformation of the Jurong Lake District into a key regional hub, the largest outside the Central Business District. We are excited to bring retailers such as Paul Bakery and Isetan Supermarket to Singapore's West with their first stores outside Singapore's downtown core."

felicia_sg
13-07-13, 22:40
I believe this is the biggest hype of all time in Singapore. Will know by 2017 or so............. :rolleyes:

When Westgate open in Dec 2013, it will transform JLD into a mega retail hub that will be the biggest outside Orchard, and this should attract shoppers from within 10km radius.

And this will follow by the opening of Big Box in July 2014. And further 5 to 10 years down the road we will see another 2 mega malls (site opposite J Cube)

sunrise
13-07-13, 23:01
can't see big names branded watches outlet at JEM. i do know orchard and city area have plenty.

JE had different group of buyers. maybe have to bring in china and india brands.

Ringo33
14-07-13, 00:20
can't see big names branded watches outlet at JEM. i do know orchard and city area have plenty.

JE had different group of buyers. maybe have to bring in china and india brands.

you mean those whistle and bells where people buy to hang around their neck and xmas tress? Or do you mean Orchard KTV and Orchard Tower?

Actually there a many well known brands which belongs to Indians and Chinese. Perhaps you are too shallow to even realize that.

Glad the west region is lack of people like you. Sunrise? perhaps you are coming from the east, I mean FAR FAR east

Ringo33
14-07-13, 00:21
I believe this is the biggest hype of all time in Singapore. Will know by 2017 or so............. :rolleyes:

No really, I think the biggest hype or should I say myth is that all CCR are properties are prime.

Regulators
14-07-13, 01:38
Will paying $1600psf for a jurong pty turn district 22 into district 9? Telling ppl u live in district 9 or 10 sounds a million times better than telling ppl u live in district 22. You can justify your location with JLD till the cows come home but when people look for prime location, jurong will never be in it.
No really, I think the biggest hype or should I say myth is that all CCR are properties are prime.

Regulators
14-07-13, 01:58
PROPERTY investors in Singapore are starting to feel the squeeze as rental**yields for investment homes sag across all segments of the market.This is due to fewer leasing transactions taking place and rents flatlining even as home prices continue to rise, property consultants said.Information compiled by Colliers International for The Straits Times showed*that net yields of non-landed private homes have been declining since 2008, and*are now at 3 per cent or below as of the second quarter of this year.Net yields are calculated by deducting service charges and property taxes*from the annual gross rent, which is then divided by the property's purchase*price.Homes in the suburban areas, where prices have proved stubbornly resilient in*recent years, saw the largest dip in rental yields, from 4.1 per cent in 2008 to* 3 per cent now, Colliers said.*Yields on the city fringe fell to 3 per cent, from 3.6 per cent in 2008,*while yields for centrally located homes slipped from 3.3 per cent to 2.7 per*cent in the period."The downward movement in yields in the last five years can be attributed to*price appreciation in the residential market," said Colliers director of*research and advisory Chia Siew Chuin."Rents have increased in a moderate manner, while prices continued to*increase at a faster clip to reach a record high in the second quarter of this*year, based on the recent flash estimates."While home prices are now partly supported by home buyers' "aspirations" to*own an investment property, leasing interest is generally more grounded on*fundamentals, said Mr Ong Kah Seng, director of R'ST Research.Tenants prefer "cost-effective, practical choices amid the ample new housing*completions, and many expatriates have limited or no housing allowances", he*said."This accounts for a generally stagnant, or slightly dipping yield*situation."A more in-depth look at rental yields by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange*(SRX) also found that most areas across the island are offering lower rental*yields for non-landed private homes now than last year.Of the 34 planning areas in Singapore that had more than 30 rental*transactions in the first half of this year, 32 areas posted lower yields, said*SRX. Singapore has 55 urban planning areas in all.The only two areas that recorded higher yields were the downtown core around*the Central Business District, and Outram. In fact, investors in Outram scored*the highest yields in the country, at 4.6 per cent, SRX said.At the other end of the spectrum, Sentosa Cove and the Southern Islands had*the lowest rental yield in the first half of this year at only 1.7 per cent,*followed by Newton's 2.2 per cent and Orchard's 2.6 per cent.Overall, rental yields for the island dipped to 3.9 per cent in the first*half of this year, from 4.2 per cent last year and 4.4 per cent in 2011, SRX*added.Over the next 12 months, consultants expect rental yields to stay flat or*even decrease. While prices are not likely to keep soaring, a slew of new homes will be completed soon, putting downward pressure on rents.Colliers' Ms Chia said housing prices "are not expected to increase much*further in the next 12 months", as buying interest - especially from investors -* wanes amid the spectre of rising interest rates and recent loan caps introduced* by the central bank."However, rents might slowly correct and ease downwards as there is a*significant amount of new completions, bringing more supply into the market,"*she added. Some 32,700 units are expected to be completed between now and the*end of next year."Generally, yields are not expected to increase in the next 12 months, and*might experience a mild compression," Ms Chia said.Still, net yields of 3 per cent for investment homes are not far below*historical trends, and investment activity is likely to continue as Singapore*offers a "safe haven" to park excess funds, she said."Whether yield numbers increase, stagnate or dip, it will not deter many*intent and 'aspirational' investors, unless yields consistently drastically dip*across the board," added R'ST's Mr Ong.Cr

xebay11
14-07-13, 02:26
Peeps no need to rundown JLD, look at the plans for JLD, the western region you know today will be transformed, no point making armchair comments and miss out, yes for living East is definitely better, but for rental opportunities the West will take the cake. I live in East but have invested in the West the moment I got wind of the magnitude of JLD.

wirehtc
14-07-13, 06:18
PROPERTY investors in Singapore are starting to feel the squeeze as rental**yields for investment homes sag across all segments of the market.This is due to fewer leasing transactions taking place and rents flatlining even as home prices continue to rise, property consultants said.Information compiled by Colliers International for The Straits Times showed*that net yields of non-landed private homes have been declining since 2008, and*are now at 3 per cent or below as of the second quarter of this year.Net yields are calculated by deducting service charges and property taxes*from the annual gross rent, which is then divided by the property's purchase*price.Homes in the suburban areas, where prices have proved stubbornly resilient in*recent years, saw the largest dip in rental yields, from 4.1 per cent in 2008 to* 3 per cent now, Colliers said.*Yields on the city fringe fell to 3 per cent, from 3.6 per cent in 2008,*while yields for centrally located homes slipped from 3.3 per cent to 2.7 per*cent in the period."The downward movement in yields in the last five years can be attributed to*price appreciation in the residential market," said Colliers director of*research and advisory Chia Siew Chuin."Rents have increased in a moderate manner, while prices continued to*increase at a faster clip to reach a record high in the second quarter of this*year, based on the recent flash estimates."While home prices are now partly supported by home buyers' "aspirations" to*own an investment property, leasing interest is generally more grounded on*fundamentals, said Mr Ong Kah Seng, director of R'ST Research.Tenants prefer "cost-effective, practical choices amid the ample new housing*completions, and many expatriates have limited or no housing allowances", he*said."This accounts for a generally stagnant, or slightly dipping yield*situation."A more in-depth look at rental yields by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange*(SRX) also found that most areas across the island are offering lower rental*yields for non-landed private homes now than last year.Of the 34 planning areas in Singapore that had more than 30 rental*transactions in the first half of this year, 32 areas posted lower yields, said*SRX. Singapore has 55 urban planning areas in all.The only two areas that recorded higher yields were the downtown core around*the Central Business District, and Outram. In fact, investors in Outram scored*the highest yields in the country, at 4.6 per cent, SRX said.At the other end of the spectrum, Sentosa Cove and the Southern Islands had*the lowest rental yield in the first half of this year at only 1.7 per cent,*followed by Newton's 2.2 per cent and Orchard's 2.6 per cent.Overall, rental yields for the island dipped to 3.9 per cent in the first*half of this year, from 4.2 per cent last year and 4.4 per cent in 2011, SRX*added.Over the next 12 months, consultants expect rental yields to stay flat or*even decrease. While prices are not likely to keep soaring, a slew of new homes will be completed soon, putting downward pressure on rents.Colliers' Ms Chia said housing prices "are not expected to increase much*further in the next 12 months", as buying interest - especially from investors -* wanes amid the spectre of rising interest rates and recent loan caps introduced* by the central bank."However, rents might slowly correct and ease downwards as there is a*significant amount of new completions, bringing more supply into the market,"*she added. Some 32,700 units are expected to be completed between now and the*end of next year."Generally, yields are not expected to increase in the next 12 months, and*might experience a mild compression," Ms Chia said.Still, net yields of 3 per cent for investment homes are not far below*historical trends, and investment activity is likely to continue as Singapore*offers a "safe haven" to park excess funds, she said."Whether yield numbers increase, stagnate or dip, it will not deter many*intent and 'aspirational' investors, unless yields consistently drastically dip*across the board," added R'ST's Mr Ong.Cr

I believe you are doing a cut and paste of somebody's work. Please at least quote your source or you might be sued for plagiarism.

Ringo33
14-07-13, 08:09
Will paying $1600psf for a jurong pty turn district 22 into district 9? Telling ppl u live in district 9 or 10 sounds a million times better than telling ppl u live in district 22. You can justify your location with JLD till the cows come home but when people look for prime location, jurong will never be in it.

$1600psf is nothing compare to CCR property. So there is definitely huge capital gain potential. $2000psf for J Gateway? I can definitely see that happening.

J Gateway $1700psf,
Echelon $2500psf,
Up @ Robertson $2900psf
Scotts Tower $3500psf,
One Marina $4000psf??

Ringo33
14-07-13, 08:10

Thanks for reaffirming my believe that D22 property will chiong

relax88
14-07-13, 10:05
Ya man jurong jurong...song song gao jurong:D

relax88
14-07-13, 10:11
Ya man jurong jurong...song song gao jurong:D

DKSG
14-07-13, 10:24
$1600psf is nothing compare to CCR property. So there is definitely huge capital gain potential. $2000psf for J Gateway? I can definitely see that happening.

J Gateway $1700psf,
Echelon $2500psf,
Up @ Robertson $2900psf
Scotts Tower $3500psf,
One Marina $4000psf??

In you haste to justify the Jurong $1,700, you have totally skewed the numbers above.

For Jurong to be $1,700, Clementi has to be $1,900, Bouna Vista will then be $2,100, Queenstown $2,300 and Redhill about $2,600 (that you are correct), Lower Delta will then be $$2,800 and Kim Seng Road FH will then be $3,400, River Valley FH will then hit $$3,800 and UP 99LH will be $3,500, Scotts Tower will then be $4,500.

Once you see these prices along the way, then YES! Jurong will be worth $1,700.

But until then, if you see anything below the prices I put up above, go grab a FH unit below these prices - confirm will gain big time once somebody's Jurong unit hit $1,700.

But most importantly, earn more earn less, everyone in this Forum HUAT !

For those who MTB-ed, the above is probably one of the best guide Office Boy has derived based on the help of our Jurong friends.

DKSG

Pikachu1245
14-07-13, 10:29

J Gateway $1700psf,
Echelon $2500psf,
Up @ Robertson $2900psf
Scotts Tower $3500psf,
One Marina $4000psf??
Somehow I believe $2000 psf is very possible for JLD within 3 years as long as absolute quantum is below $1.6million .....We shall see......

lajia
14-07-13, 10:32
I can see that some forumers are calling ppl fool investing in JLD or west region, and even discriminating against them of being lower class staying in Jurong...this is a no no comment. You can keep it and with such comment only make yourselves even lower class than what you think you are. Where u stay don't make up what u are, this is a simple statement which I don't think need any explanation. What u think and say will make up how we look at u. Even if u stay in orchard road or wherever, ppl will not give a damn. Sorry for being rude....:2cents:

DKSG
14-07-13, 10:32
Somehow I believe $2000 psf is very possible for JLD within 3 years as long as absolute quantum is below $1.6million .....We shall see......

So you believe Clementi will hit $2,100 in the near future ?

If we have many of these people who believe it, then what are we waiting for ! Anything that is less than $2,200 psf for FH River Valley now it a confirm must buy, die die must buy lo !

DKSG

lajia
14-07-13, 10:40
Why do you think Trilinq is still not sold out or lack of interest?

Do you know the traffic in clement before you have such a impression that it will definitely surpass JLD? Because it is nearer to holland v? Or because it is nearer to 1 north or Orchard Rd??

If we have many of these people who believe it, then what are we waiting for ! Anything that is less than $2,200 psf for FH River Valley now it a confirm must buy, die die must buy lo !

DKSG

Ringo33
14-07-13, 10:45
In you haste to justify the Jurong $1,700, you have totally skewed the numbers above.

For Jurong to be $1,700, Clementi has to be $1,900, Bouna Vista will then be $2,100, Queenstown $2,300 and Redhill about $2,600 (that you are correct), Lower Delta will then be $$2,800 and Kim Seng Road FH will then be $3,400, River Valley FH will then hit $$3,800 and UP 99LH will be $3,500, Scotts Tower will then be $4,500.

Once you see these prices along the way, then YES! Jurong will be worth $1,700.

But until then, if you see anything below the prices I put up above, go grab a FH unit below these prices - confirm will gain big time once somebody's Jurong unit hit $1,700.

But most importantly, earn more earn less, everyone in this Forum HUAT !

For those who MTB-ed, the above is probably one of the best guide Office Boy has derived based on the help of our Jurong friends.

DKSG
These are number based on ACTUAL URA transacted price, except for Marina One, which will be launch later this years. So I am really puzzled as to why you choose to ignore this fact.

J Gateway $1700psf,
Echelon $2500psf,
Up @ Robertson $2900psf
Scotts Tower $3500psf,
One Marina $4000psf??

As far as clementi is concern, FEO Seahill near clementi already hit $1911psf.

I think your argument here is based on your personal selfish and flawed believe that Jurong property, despite massive government effort and on going plan to turn it into the largest commercial hub ourside CBD, must remain cheapest in the market.

You can continue to believe what you choose to believe, but you have no right to stop others from thinking differently.

Anyway, facts are there for us to see, transaction prices are recorded. if ou think otherwise bring out some statistic to show the rental and capital gain for property around JLD are lagging behind national average.

DC33_2008
14-07-13, 10:50
Property owners and investors would surely like to see prices to go north. Huat Ah wherever you are vested. MTB is the worst now. To go in or continue to stay on the sideline and wait for correction.

Xan
14-07-13, 11:09

DKSG

At this moment, The sail mm transact at 2kpsf. Jurong mm transact at 1650psf..
About 250psf difference only.
Good luck to those who are willing to buy over jurong mm at 2kpsf in near future. (Still not sure got such pple or not) anyway, I wish them well.
Bro, if I were u, I don't even bother to explain to them so much. Enough said.

Xan
14-07-13, 11:23
And because of this, it makes me want to re-look at completed CCR projects again especially those with price near to jurong.
Thanks to JLD. :D

lajia
14-07-13, 12:06
Things are always not so simple especially comes to investment. Doesn't mean u have money u will make good investment...why don't u ask those who buy seahill, u what's the transacted price now??....if u ask me, personally, I will go for sail also. :D

So, is it that simple?? The answer is not...:)

Good luck to those who are willing to buy over jurong mm at 2kpsf in near future. (Still not sure got such pple or not) anyway, I wish them well.

lajia
14-07-13, 12:14
No need to look at CCR, if u still have strong belief in CCR, go for city fringe, it will make good investment value I think....:2cents:

JLD, JLD or even in district 22. Why is it so HOT?? U visited Caspian when they launch at those recession period? U seen Lakefront? And now J Gateway. It is all demand and supply. Supply and govt investment are simply overwhelming factors than anything else! My personal opinion. In the next 6 mth, another project is again from MCL I think. But if you go east or north east, do u know how many projects are there and upcoming??

And because of this, it makes me want to re-look at completed CCR projects again especially those with price near to jurong.
Thanks to JLD. :D

Ringo33
14-07-13, 12:29

The last I check the sail 1 bedder was selling at 2900psf and marina residence above 3000.

Ringo33
14-07-13, 13:47

For the record

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Residence 4368psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

All LH99

DKSG
14-07-13, 15:57
For the record

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

All LH99

Okok ... the above is becoming real lame - how come u assume people dont have access to URA website to know that recent 6 months transactions shows that a studio in The Sail is done at abt $2,0xx psd ?

It is true that if someone pays $1,800 for a 1x floor Jurong condo, he is only paying $2xx psf less than The Sail @ Marina Bay !!! For those buyers who knows this but still insist on buying Jurong, then I have nothing to say.... But if these buyers NOW then know that The Sail studio is going for $2,0xx psf ... well ... nothing Office Boy can say ...

But in conclusion, the below numbers :

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

wind30
14-07-13, 16:45
For the record

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

All LH99

Project Name
Street Name
Type
Postal
District
Market
Segment
Tenure
No. of
Units
Price
($ '000)
Area
(Sqft)1

Type of
Area2

Floor Level
Unit Price
($psf)3

Date of Option
Exercised / Sales
Agreement Signed
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,340,000 667 Strata 01 to 05 2,008 Jun-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,650,000 861 Strata 11 to 15 1,916 May-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,000,000 689 Strata 36 to 40 2,903 Apr-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,100,000 1,647 Strata 16 to 20 2,490 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,056,000 1,647 Strata 06 to 10 2,463 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,350,000 657 Strata 11 to 15 2,056 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,380,000 667 Strata 31 to 35 2,068 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 12,500,000 6,297 Strata 66 to 70 1,985 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 5,680,000 2,282 Strata 36 to 40 2,489 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,700,000 1,184 Strata 11 to 15 2,280 Jan-13

Ringo33
14-07-13, 16:50
Okok ... the above is becoming real lame - how come u assume people dont have access to URA website to know that recent 6 months transactions shows that a studio in The Sail is done at abt $2,0xx psd ?

It is true that if someone pays $1,800 for a 1x floor Jurong condo, he is only paying $2xx psf less than The Sail @ Marina Bay !!! For those buyers who knows this but still insist on buying Jurong, then I have nothing to say.... But if these buyers NOW then know that The Sail studio is going for $2,0xx psf ... well ... nothing Office Boy can say ...

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

If you choose to cherry pick the highest record price of J Gateway for comparison, then wont it make sense that we use to highest record price of respective projects for comparison.

Furthermore, why do you always insist of using old project in CCR to compare with newly launch J Gateway? Why dont you use Caspian or Lakeshore for comparison instead?

Massaging numbers sugar coating?

wind30
14-07-13, 16:52
I can see that some forumers are calling ppl fool investing in JLD or west region, and even discriminating against them of being lower class staying in Jurong...this is a no no comment. You can keep it and with such comment only make yourselves even lower class than what you think you are. Where u stay don't make up what u are, this is a simple statement which I don't think need any explanation. What u think and say will make up how we look at u. Even if u stay in orchard road or wherever, ppl will not give a damn. Sorry for being rude....:2cents:

It is all about who you want your neighbours to be right?

To you it may not be important but to others it is important.

I feel that JLD is good for people who work there and there are a LOT of people who work there. So the rental prospect is probably good. There are a LOT of facilities coming up in the area which was not found anywhere else other than the city like, kinokuniya, paul breadstore, Isetan supermarket, etc.

But it is not so good for own stay as it is very inaccessible to other areas of singapore. If you stay there, are you going to work there for the rest of your life?

I just feel that the people living in JLD will have a high proportion of rental people...

Ringo33
14-07-13, 16:53
What are you trying to say?

Project Name
Street Name
Type
Postal
District
Market
Segment
Tenure
No. of
Units
Price
($ '000)
Area
(Sqft)1

Type of
Area2

Floor Level
Unit Price
($psf)3

Date of Option
Exercised / Sales
Agreement Signed
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,340,000 667 Strata 01 to 05 2,008 Jun-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,650,000 861 Strata 11 to 15 1,916 May-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,000,000 689 Strata 36 to 40 2,903 Apr-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,100,000 1,647 Strata 16 to 20 2,490 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,056,000 1,647 Strata 06 to 10 2,463 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,350,000 657 Strata 11 to 15 2,056 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,380,000 667 Strata 31 to 35 2,068 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 12,500,000 6,297 Strata 66 to 70 1,985 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 5,680,000 2,282 Strata 36 to 40 2,489 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,700,000 1,184 Strata 11 to 15 2,280 Jan-13

Regulators
14-07-13, 16:53
in Ringo33's mind, he can only hope for CCR properties to chiong higher so he can see some capital gain for his 474sqft j gateway unit upon TOP. If CCR remains the same or drop in months to come, what makes him think that J gateway will still go up when everything else goes south? most importantly, there is no reference point for jurong properties to reach that level of pricing (beyond $2000psf) and these j gateway buyers have already paid past resistance levels for the area and they are alone in this. Having nothing else to fall back on, they can do nothing more than shouting JLD day in and day out in this forum in the hope that they can sell higher than what they paid in future.

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

Ringo33
14-07-13, 16:57
I just feel that the people living in JLD will have a high proportion of rental people...

Please dont speculate, go check out onemap population query to find the out answer.

wind30
14-07-13, 17:06
Please dont speculate, go check out onemap population query to find the out answer.

errr... you bluff me... onemap does not show rental vs own stay....

Wait Long Long
14-07-13, 17:13
When you say JLD is inaccessible to other areas of Singapore, which areas are you referring to? Do you mean the Orchard Road and Marina Bay areas? Isn't distance relative? If I look at the map of Singapore, areas like Sembawang, Woodlands, Tampines, Pasir Ris, Ponggol, Sengkang, Yishun, Seletar will also be inaccessible to the ''OTHER AREAS OF SINGAPORE" So where should ordinary Singaporeans stay? In Orchard, Holland and Marina Bay?

These kind of statements are really :doh:

It is all about who you want your neighbours to be right?

To you it may not be important but to others it is important.

I feel that JLD is good for people who work there and there are a LOT of people who work there. So the rental prospect is probably good. There are a LOT of facilities coming up in the area which was not found anywhere else other than the city like, kinokuniya, paul breadstore, Isetan supermarket, etc.

But it is not so good for own stay as it is very inaccessible to other areas of singapore. If you stay there, are you going to work there for the rest of your life?