Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 152025303540414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1480

Thread: One Amber (D15, 999 years, UIC/Singland)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Glass is also made of sand lah. I think the full glass buildings is more a fashion statement -SG architects just copy one another to build glass buildings that look like offices. If you go say Beijing, their condo development usually try to incorporate some traditional design features, e.g. the bamboo tiled roofs. Glass is actually even less environmentally unfriendly than concrete as it gives the greenhouse effect but Singapore has one of the worst carbon footprint per capita - in short no one cares about the environment, including the govt.

And Singaporeans generally have poor taste - all glass building = high class. That's why all condos look the same to appeal to such taste. Gone are the days when developers try to create unique mood and features in the condos.

yes i know

just that spore govt set the standard for the sand to be used to make concrete .. and not everywhere you can find this sand ...

differnet country has diff standard and ours more difficult tofind

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

To tell the truth, who cares about environment when they they need to pay more?
    Glass also made of sand? but very little sand vs building the concrete wall. That is why "full Glass wall" is in fashion these days but not because it is really true "full glass wall" is more fashionable. If we made all glass to cost much much more than concrete wall (i.e. reverse the costs of $psf of glass and concrete wall), let's see whether the developers will continue to build "full glass wall" buildings?. The same is true for bay windows and planter areas. Do anyone sincerely believe that developers incorporate big big planter areas and big big bay windows just because they looks nicer (which isn't) & not because they can earn much more out of these? Since URA banned excluding these from GFA, let's see whether they still build such properties.

Glass is also made of sand lah. I think the full glass buildings is more a fashion statement -SG architects just copy one another to build glass buildings that look like offices. If you go say Beijing, their condo development usually try to incorporate some traditional design features, e.g. the bamboo tiled roofs. Glass is actually even less environmentally unfriendly than concrete as it gives the greenhouse effect but Singapore has one of the worst carbon footprint per capita - in short no one cares about the environment, including the govt.

And Singaporeans generally have poor taste - all glass building = high class. That's why all condos look the same to appeal to such taste. Gone are the days when developers try to create unique mood and features in the condos.

I managed to get in to have a good look.

Some info here:

1) Unit has good ceiling height but the layout not really good. Living room can look into other units from certain angle;
    2) Although there are 6 to 7 units per floor, they are properly spaced out and there are 3 lifts for every block;
    3) There are quite a number of water features etc. but take up a fair bit of space, esp. the entrance area. Not much "walking space";
    4) When all the 500 plus units collect their keys, I believe the place will be congested;
    5) The finishing work for walls and floor tiles at lift lobbies are not so good;
    6) The Glass Clubhouse and Gym area quite nice;
    7) There are 3 BBQ areas in front of the pool, but directly facing Mountbatten Road;
    8) For units facing the main road, it is a bit noisy.
    9) The exterior of the building is quite impressive.

Above are just some of my observations, hope not to offend any OA fans.

Cheers!

I don't remember he popularize facades. His creativity is excuded in his design in furnishings and building interiors. One of his most popular furnishings would be the clear, transparent plastic used in furnitures.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I thought they had a "philippe starck" moment.. so inspire them to go glass..

everywhere i go in 2008, people tell me the house alot of glass.. inspired by philippe starck..

Is philippe starck the one who popularize glass and metal as external facade of buildings?

Hi may I ask how much we have to pay to developer for key collection? Things like maintenance, surveyance fee and etc..

Errata: I meant exuded (not excuded)

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    I don't remember he popularize facades. His creativity is excuded in his design in furnishings and building interiors. One of his most popular furnishings would be the clear, transparent plastic used in furnitures.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by AngryMan, Channel NewsAsia, 26 May 2010 8.38 pm
    760 units listed for sales in Property Guru. Probably many duplicates, since development only has 562 units. So, how many are on sale actually? 100? Can these be sold?

Prices seemed to have stabilised already..1,259 sqf units sold in Mar and Apr were all at S$1,200psf, although a 1,279 sqf unit was sold in May for S$1,250 psf. Volume also seemed to have declined..21 in March 10 and 9 units in Apr 10.

Who's holding those unsold units- flippers or long-term investors? If flippers- what are they gonna do with the units if they cannot be sold?
    Anything wrong with One Amber? Why so angry?

Quote Originally Posted by weez911
    Hi may I ask how much we have to pay to developer for key collection? Things like maintenance, surveyance fee and etc..
    If not mistaken, maintenance is usuallly 6 months upfront.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

One Amber has a nëw hïgh of $1,385 psf!

One Amber
    Address ......................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    9 Amber Gardens #06-24 .... $1,385 psf .... 570 sqft .... $790,000 .... 7 May 10

And that's only for 570sft!

Owners now asking $1250-$1300+psf for the 4 bedroom units!

A lot of owners for 3, 3+S and 4 bedders are asking 1400psf. Probably that is because the condo in suburban are already fetching 1000psf?

I have difficulty trying to get a high floor unit (3, 3+S, 4) for anything below 1300psf now.

A lot of owners for 3, 3+S and 4 bedders are asking 1400psf. Probably that is because the condo in suburban are already fetching 1000psf?

I have difficulty trying to get a high floor unit (3, 3+S, 4) for anything below 1300psf now.
    very high quantum..when i was looking at it...being offered 1170psf to close for 15th flr 3bedder...just b4 TOP...

u looking for self stay? or invest?

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    And that's only for 570sft!

Owners now asking $1250-$1300+psf for the 4 bedroom units!
    Generally the smaller the unit the higher the psf - so 4 bedroom units should go for 1200 or below.

Most of the psf highs posted in this forum come from studios and one-bedders.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    very high quantum..when i was looking at it...being offered 1170psf to close for 15th flr 3bedder...just b4 TOP...

u looking for self stay? or invest?
    I am looking for own stay because I like that area, and I think it's a superior project compared to Esta (I don't like the narrow livingroom, very large balcony and many walkways/corridor) and Seaview (there is no view at all after Silversea pop up).

I am typically looking at 18th floor and above. The prices that all agents quoted me are 1350psf to 1400psf. Honestly I think it is high but that i the market dynamics now. 1170psf is more of Dakorta/Waterbank price.

I am looking for own stay because I like that area, and I think it's a superior project compared to Esta (I don't like the narrow livingroom, very large balcony and many walkways/corridor) and Seaview (there is no view at all after Silversea pop up).

I am typically looking at 18th floor and above. The prices that all agents quoted me are 1350psf to 1400psf. Honestly I think it is high but that i the market dynamics now. 1170psf is more of Dakorta/Waterbank price.
    how about cote ? 99lh but i tink u can save like 200psf min

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how about cote ? 99lh but i tink u can save like 200psf min
    Cote has aged and the interior looks very dated and tired now. I have been to an openhouse recently and think it has become quite "old fashion".

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Generally the smaller the unit the higher the psf - so 4 bedroom units should go for 1200 or below.

Most of the psf highs posted in this forum come from studios and one-bedders.
    Not quite... Grand Duchess consists mostly 3/4 bedders. Asking now $1,200-1,500psf!!!

Probably due to the askin psf for The Sound.

My friend just sold his Cote 3 bedroom unit, high floor, Blk 60 at $1.6mil. Bot at <$900k during the initial launched.

Cote has aged and the interior looks very dated and tired now. I have been to an openhouse recently and think it has become quite "old fashion".

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    My friend just sold his Cote 3 bedroom unit, high floor, Blk 60 at $1.6mil. Bot at <$900k during the initial launched.
    The buyer must have like Parkway Parade a lot..

hmmm...how come nvr make at least double?

the seaview at least make double for 1st owner

Very bad oil spills along East Coast, heard friends saying can smell the oil stench from those facing the sea. So what is so good about the oil-tankers & cargo-ships sea view?
    May be worse are those so-called East Coast areas (or D15) with no sea-view yet selling with sea-view premium.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Very bad oil spills along East Coast, heard friends saying can smell the oil stench from those facing the sea. So what is so good about the oil-tankers & cargo-ships sea view?
    May be worse are those so-called East Coast areas (or D15) with no sea-view yet selling with sea-view premium.
    I think the relevant authority had been slow in responding effectively to the situation. eg Something must be wrong if they only step up action when the oil already reached the shore.
    Hope they will learn from this.

There is no way they can stop the spill completely. Look at East Coast waters - full of oil tankers and marine bunkers which together with the airport contributed 100 million tonnes of carbon emission in Singapore. That alone is 80% of the carbon emission in the entire Singapore. In short, if Singapore wants to be the world's busy air port and sea port, we just have to accept the pollution to our coastline. Oil spills are common occurences - this one receive greater media attention because it entails colliding of the oil tankers. Worst still, the vapours from the oil spill are highly toxic. Cannot imagine people breathing them 24/7 everyday for weeks, let alone years and living so close to passing by oil tankers. Numerous people staying near Lousiana are already hospitalised after breathing in such toxic chemicals for just weeks. We should not underestimate the health hazards of living in such environment. But I guess, if we want to be a top-notch airport and seaport with oil tankers and bunkers just 500m from our shoreline - such high degree pollution is unavoidable. East Coast sea water has less than 50 cm visibility in normal days - that is how terribly polluted it is.

50cm visibility? Seems like I can't even see more than an inch into the water during any time of the day.

There is no way they can stop the spill completely. Look at East Coast waters - full of oil tankers and marine bunkers which together with the airport contributed 100 million tonnes of carbon emission in Singapore. That alone is 80% of the carbon emission in the entire Singapore. In short, if Singapore wants to be the world's busy air port and sea port, we just have to accept the pollution to our coastline. Oil spills are common occurences - this one receive greater media attention because it entails colliding of the oil tankers. Worst still, the vapours from the oil spill are highly toxic. Cannot imagine people breathing them 24/7 everyday for weeks, let alone years and living so close to passing by oil tankers. Numerous people staying near Lousiana are already hospitalised after breathing in such toxic chemicals for just weeks. We should not underestimate the health hazards of living in such environment. But I guess, if we want to be a top-notch airport and seaport with oil tankers and bunkers just 500m from our shoreline - such high degree pollution is unavoidable. East Coast sea water has less than 50 cm visibility in normal days - that is how terribly polluted it is.

those who smell oil at east coast must be camping at east coast, not living there. I didnt notice any change in the air.

My family and I did notice the oil smell in the air at Simei for about 2 days. It is more obvious after midnight

Was at Singapore Expo today. Even there I can smell the oil smell in the air outside. Saw the photos on the Newspapers cover page? Very very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    those who smell oil at east coast must be camping at east coast, not living there. I didnt notice any change in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Was at Singapore Expo today. Even there I can smell the oil smell in the air outside. Saw the photos on the Newspapers cover page? Very very bad.
    paiseh, you meant the changi side..

East coast can never be like, say, Tioman or Maldives. This is thanks to the marine traffic nearby - they need to transverse the route to the port (unless port shifts)

Same goes for West Coast.

The accumulation of debris and pollutants is not something Singapore can hope to clear because it's external (sailors disposing their biological waste in the sea, fumes from tankers, etc etc) and with PSA planning for expansion the so called 'fresh sea breeze' is going to get worse - of course that does not bode well for Singapore cos we are so small.

Nowadays I stay away from Singapore beaches altogether - even sentosa - as the water is worsening due to accumulation of toxic materials - and of course, the air near them (when the water evaporates the pollutants get airborne)

Again this is my opinion and choice - especially when a friend became severely sick after accidentally swallowing a mouthful of sea water.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    One Amber has a nëw hïgh of $1,385 psf!

One Amber
    Address ......................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    9 Amber Gardens #06-24 .... $1,385 psf .... 570 sqft .... $790,000 .... 7 May 10
    i just saw on board my flight ... businesstimes Weekend edition

showed 5 may 2010 a 1700 ish sqft unit sold at 790 psf ???

so strange ...

NEW LOW for One Amber ?????