PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

mermaid
04-10-13, 13:57
so if my place drop 20%, while other place drop 30%, i am better off isnt it.

if u noe how to say tis, den it shd be obvious tat if Jgateway owners' make a profit of 20%, other OCRs owners would hv easily made a 30% profit.

tat will bring us back to 1 qn:
y shd I choose to invest in JLD rather than other OCR area in the 1st place?

hopeful
04-10-13, 14:02
It still works.....as we will see that transaction ( person C to D ) many many many years later lor....

a slight modification:
If person A buy at $1000psf, will he be able to sell to person B at $1300psf in 2 years time, 2015
If person B buy at $1300psf, will he be able to sell to person C at $1600psf in 2017
If person C buy at $1600psf, will he be able to sell to person D at $2000psf in 2019.

now working backwards.
if Person C dont think can sell to Person D at $2000psf in 2019, so he dont buy at $1600 in 2017.
if Person C dont buy at $1600psf in 2017, then person B wont buy at $1300psf in 2015.
if Person B dont buy at $1300psf in 2015, then person A wont buy at $1000psf in 2013.

like dat developer will not be able to sell any property le.:beats-me-man:

Regulators
04-10-13, 14:03
Investment is all about the entry price, buying at $600psf n selling at $1000psf is a lot wiser than buying at $1700psf n hoping for it to go to $2000psf. Even if px stagnate for jgateway, that stagnated price will affect prices islandwide as a ripple effect, if jgateway goes up in px, the ripple effect will even be greater. Some people think that all other projects should be a fixed constraint n only jld properties should move because of the same old rhetoric, how naive can that be?

if u noe how to say tis, den it shd be obvious tat if Jgateway owners' make a profit of 20%, other OCRs owners would hv easily made a 30% profit.

hopeful
04-10-13, 14:07

no, its not obvious that other OCR owners have easily made a 30% profit.

because i like the 5% yield and its near my home.

walkthetiger
04-10-13, 14:08
a slight modification:
If person B buy at $1300psf, will he be able to sell to person C at $1600psf in 2017
If person C buy at $1600psf, will he be able to sell to person D at $2000psf in 2019.

like dat developer will not be able to sell any property le.:beats-me-man:

Person C to make $400psf from 2017 - 2019, only counts as a prediction with too much possitive assumptions.

Then developer don't build so much houses lor.... Nobody own them a living...

mermaid
04-10-13, 14:11
one thing abt Jgateway owners. They r more willing to accept tis high price is oso partly due to the pressure of TDSR being effective.

The qn in their heads is not so much of "is Jgateway price reasonable". Rather the qn is "if I dun get to buy today, will it be harder for me to buy tmr"

Some people think that all other projects should be a fixed constraint n only jld properties should move because of the same old rhetoric, how naive can that be?

well, if they r not even able to convince themselves in the 1st place, how do u expect them to convince their future buyers? :D

Regulators
04-10-13, 14:16
If these buyers accept that they r paying high coz they die die must live there, I got nothing to say. If they say they r buying coz of a sound investment decision , it just doesn't make sense from a px point.

one thing abt Jgateway owners. They r more willing to accept tis high price is oso partly due to the pressure of TDSR being effective.

The qn in their heads is not so much of "is Jgateway price reasonable". Rather the qn is "if I dun get to buy today, will it be harder for me to buy tmr"

well, if they r not even able to convince themselves in the 1st place, how do u expect them to convince their future buyers? :D

hopeful
04-10-13, 14:18
we see these kind of reactions quite a few times.

when watertown was launched at the kind of prices, the reaction was one of disbelief. Punggol where got these kind of prices?

we have a forummer Xan, who defended Punggol 21 vision strongly.
I am just surprised how he can believe in Punggol 21 vision and not believe in JLD vision?

it seems like when ulu places like punggol and jurong up their price, the natural reaction is one of disbelief.

mermaid
04-10-13, 14:18

y not?

Eg:

R bought J gateway at $1650. In order to earn 20% gross profit, he will nid to sell at $2000psf.

Another person bought eg La Fiesta at $1300psf. He nids to sell it at $1700psf in order to earn a 30% profit.

Qn: When Jurong reaches $2000psf, not possible for SengKang to reach $1700psf meh?

because i like the 5% yield and its near my home.
5% yield for a typical 750k mm works out to be abt $3100 per mth. Wat the highest rental amt in Jurong currently?
Note: Dun quote one north hor, cos tat's not in Jurong :47:

hopeful
04-10-13, 14:21

please dont repeat untruth. TDSR was announced in the evening.

mermaid
04-10-13, 14:24

when watertown was launched at the kind of prices, the reaction was one of disbelief. Punggol where got these kind of prices?

I am just surprised how he can believe in Punggol 21 vision and not believe in JLD vision?

it seems like when ulu places like punggol and jurong up their price, the natural reaction is one of disbelief.

no, u r mistaken. We nvr deny the glorious future of JLD.
I give u another analogy (not using the laoya fone anymore cos u kept harping on it :D)

u told me tat u bought a glue for $2 and exclaimed, " hey tis is very powerful leh! see it can stick!"

I -_- & tell u, " wat's the big deal? I hv bought a super glue at $2.5 nia & it is even more sticky!"

minority
04-10-13, 14:26
why people like to give these kind of fake choices?
like laoya phone vs smart fone at same price.
like mm CCR vs mm JG at same price.
these things got exist in first place?

here u go.. choices

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/13226177/for-sale-cube-8

mermaid
04-10-13, 14:28
please dont repeat untruth. TDSR was announced in the evening.

if u feel tat bankers, agents r unawared of tis b4 evening, u muz be very naïve.

walkthetiger
04-10-13, 14:35
I give u another analogy (not using the laoya fone anymore cos u kept harping on it :D)

u told me tat u bought a glue for $2 and exclaimed, " hey tis is very powerful leh! see it can stick!"

I -_- & tell u, " wat's the big deal? I hv bought a super glue at $2.5 nia & it is even more sticky!"

But the future deal is getting better and better....I see this coming.

mermaid
04-10-13, 14:37
But the future deal is getting better and better....I see this coming.

Im tinking if US there got simi 3 long 2 short, we might not even nid to wait till 2015 to pick up a gd bargain!

hopeful
04-10-13, 14:42
here u go.. choices

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/13226177/for-sale-cube-8

thank you. we will see how long it stays in the market.

any this is your choice of comparison.
"if they are going at $1600 people will cheong it. give the choice or jurong or Tanjong Pargar / RV."
JG vs Tanjong Pagar/RV.
not JG vs some thomson.

would people prefer to buy this cube8 at 1600psf or bishan sv at 1600psf? high floor bishan mm launched units are at 16xx-17xx++.

hopeful
04-10-13, 14:53
if u feel tat bankers, agents r unawared of tis b4 evening, u muz be very naïve.

conspiracy theory #1.
that means....mean....the news was leaked to the developer.
That must be why developer decided to launch it on friday instead of saturday.

conspiracy theory #2.
u muz be very naive if the buyers are not from URA, they knew what JLD story is. JG is higher because URA insiders are front-running the development of JLD.

elmo
04-10-13, 14:59
conspiracy theory #1.
that means....mean....the news was leaked to the developer.
That must be why developer decided to launch it on friday instead of saturday.

conspiracy theory #2.
u muz be very naive if the buyers are not from URA, they knew what JLD story is. JG is higher because URA insiders are front-running the development of JLD.

JG could turn out to be winner's curse.

mermaid
04-10-13, 15:07
conspiracy theory #2.

in this sale of Jgateway exercise, either the developer or the buyers has the last laugh.
draw yr own conclusion.

I am not sure if the buyers r fm URA, but if they r, tat means they r not tat smart afterall.

If I am fm URA & intends to vest in Jgateway, I will make sure I got hold of it 1st b4 releasing too concrete plans on JLD.

hopeful
04-10-13, 15:22
in this sale of Jgateway exercise, either the developer or the buyers has the last laugh.
draw yr own conclusion.

I am not sure if the buyers r fm URA, but if they r, tat means they r not tat smart afterall.

If I am fm URA & intends to vest in Jgateway, I will make sure I got hold of it 1st b4 releasing too concrete plans on JLD.

of course, buyers will have last laugh since as people have noted, price can go only higher.

the thing is release concrete plans most people also dont believe. building under construction, people also dont believe.
they have to wait until all buildings all completed, occupants have shifted in, then they believe. By then it is already too late, price has move up.

hopeful
04-10-13, 15:25

not being sarcastic, i really catch no ball.

3C
04-10-13, 15:27
logic a bit funny.
If person A buy at $1000psf, will he be able to sell to person B at $1300psf.
If person B buy at $1300psf, will he be able to sell to person C at $1600psf.
If person C buy at $1600psf, will he be able to sell to person D at $2000psf.

now working backwards.
if Person C dont think can sell to Person D at $2000psf, so he dont buy at 1600
if Person C dont buy at $1600psf, then person B wont buy at $1300psf.
if Person B dont buy at $1300psf, then person A wont buy at $1000psf.

like dat developer will not sell any property le.:beats-me-man:
Do you know what is inflation? Chicken rise $2.50 now and chicken rise $5 five years later not necessarily means all attributed to price increased but $ could has also become smaller.

hopeful
04-10-13, 15:33
Do you know what is inflation? Chicken rise $2.50 now and chicken rise $5 five years later not necessarily means all attributed to price increased but $ could has also become smaller.

what has inflation got to do with it?

my funny logic post was in response to mermaid's post.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=435105&postcount=1735

My sentiments exact. Jgateway hv to sell ard $1900-$2000psf in order to earn a decent profit. If I am a potential buyer, I will ask myself :"If I buy at $1900psf today, will I be able to sell at $2200psf in the future?
the buyer at $2200psf would be thinking whether can sell at $2500psf.
if cannot sell at $2500psf means buyer wont buy at $2200psf, means mermaid wont buy at $1900psf.

mermaid
04-10-13, 15:49
if cannot sell at $2500psf means buyer wont buy at $2200psf, means mermaid wont buy at $1900psf.

ya, so the plan to sell at $1900psf in 2017 fail cos mermaid refused to pay tis $.

who noes, another person may find $1900/2000psf a gd buy in 2020, hence the cycle continues ...

not being sarcastic, i really catch no ball.

the moral behind my glue & superglue story is, wat's is so fantastic of paying $1600psf for Jgateway & take the gamble where I can safely to take another RCR/OCR unit for abt $300psf lesser?

DKSG
04-10-13, 15:54
what has inflation got to do with it?

my funny logic post was in response to mermaid's post.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=435105&postcount=1735

Your logic is correct based on one SIMPLE assumption - Everyone thinks like an investor and can master the 4 pillars of property investment well. These 4 pillars are Buying, Financing, Holding (aks renting) and Selling. If they go through these properly, then what you say is right.

If every one of the 30+ Jurong MM buyers think carefully this statement : "Buy at $1,6xx-$1,7xx, then later 4 years later I can sell at $2,0xx-$2,2xx - WOW! Isnt this a superb and very doable idea ?!" Then confirm they will shiver and not many will buy. Agents also contribute to this hallucination. Agents tell people queuing up --> See? So many people are rushing to buy, you want? if not, the uncle behind you is grabbing it! $1,7xx is nothing la! Jurong MM will hit $2,0xx in no time man!

Buyer quickly whip out cheque book!

Recent property marketing has been like that, they call it book building. Gather everyone in the room, make it look like the place is greatly undervalued, looks like the potential of it becoming more expenisve than Orchard Road.

Office Boy has personally seen many of such book building. And in some after collecting more than 600 cheques for a 200 units PC, only less than 50 got sold at the end! The reason ? "Buyers" of that CCR PC more than 4 years back are all experienced, once they hear the price, they ask agent to take back the chqs.

DKSG

DKSG
04-10-13, 15:56
the moral behind my glue & superglue story is, wat's is so fantastic of paying $1600psf for Jgateway & take the gamble where I can safely to take another RCR/OCR unit for abt $300psf lesser?

This is the gist of what we are trying to tell readers!
Always Buy LOW, Sell High!

DKSG

DKSG
04-10-13, 16:02
of course, buyers will have last laugh since as people have noted, price can go only higher.

the thing is release concrete plans most people also dont believe. building under construction, people also dont believe.
they have to wait until all buildings all completed, occupants have shifted in, then they believe. By then it is already too late, price has move up.

I think the sequence is a bit jumbled up ?

Before the plans are released, Jurong only selling for $600 psf and not many people wants to buy. After the plans are FULLY released, it jumped to $1,0xx- $1,1xx.

Then marketing agents of the Jurong PC "relaunched" the plans and pretend these are new things and jack up the price again until it reaches $1,6xx-$1,7xx for the MMs.

Look at the way people trying to convince others that the existence of IBP will create even more value for Jurong. Got it ? Its fried rice, refried, sell at higher price.

DKSG

Ringo33
04-10-13, 16:40
This sums up your belief. You totally dismissed the LLL theory in order for a fast growth Jurong story to stand. Interesting for me, because in an way, a growth story is an LLL story as well.

you need to read it correctly, I didnt dimissed the LLL theory, i am just saying that LLL theory are often misused by those desperate to promote CCR property.

Many people think that ALL CCR properties (which is a zone created by MND based on geographical location) have superior LLL attributes, while on the other hand people believe that anything within OCR are crap.

In actually fact, LLL theory applies to all district and one just need to find where are the sweat spot for investment. And Jurong Gateway is a classic example of Location Location Location.

walkthetiger
04-10-13, 16:44
Im tinking if US there got simi 3 long 2 short, we might not even nid to wait till 2015 to pick up a gd bargain!

hah... maybe there will be a future project very near/next to JG years later...but all at more attractive price.... haha...

Ringo33
04-10-13, 16:47
they should bang too, just at different degree :) mkt is at peak, developer is slashing new sale price, if you had waited, you could have bought it cheaper. nothing special about this. part and parcel about this pty cycle.

in 4yrs time, if jgway can make, all the above will make too, and all those bought before this peak will make more. it's your judgment on the risk, where you should take. take it on jgway, or other projects. JLD could fail just like pg21, whereas the rest of the island continues *organically*.

SG is too small. if market turns, all will turn. you won't see jgway outperform where the rest slump. When Singapore Inc. tanks, no place is spared, whatever grand JLD one wants to believe makes no difference. When Singapore Inc. booms, every region grows *organically*, all your pty holdings will make. If you believe in explosive growth in JLD and willing to take the risk, that's fine. Explosive growth of JLD depends entirely on SG Inc. itself doing well. I have no confidence in SG Inc. today, sorry to say that, so I have no confidence in JLD's great expectation. Risk is too high. Almost like gamble. In today's strange macro environment, other more "established" areas at worse can have organic growth that is more dependable.

there are practically no more residential development within Jurong Gateway, so if you missed J Gateway, (the best site of the ENTIRE D22) you will have to pay more for the other small next to J Gateway or less for projects which are further away from the epic center of JLD

Dont believe just wait for subsale and resale transaction for J Gateway.

mermaid
04-10-13, 16:50
hah... maybe there will be a future project very near/next to JG years later...but all at more attractive price.... haha...

highly possibly. J gateway doesn't fall in the best spot in Jurong anyway.

Ringo33
04-10-13, 16:57

obviously you are not in the market of property and thats why you didnt bother to read up about JLD blueprint. If you did, then you wont be saying MAYBE.

Ringo33
04-10-13, 16:59
highly possibly. J gateway doesn't fall in the best spot in Jurong anyway.

example of headless troll feeding of each other with wrong information.

dont embarrass yourself please study the Masterplan

mermaid
04-10-13, 17:14
example of headless troll feeding of each other with wrong information.

dont embarrass yourself please study the Masterplan

even if u go & memorise the masterplan wun make J gateway the most ideal loc in Jurong.

tis is hard truth, but yr ego prohibits u to admit it.

Ringo33
04-10-13, 17:17
even if u go & memorise the masterplan wun make J gateway the most ideal loc in Jurong.

dont talk you way out of it. FACTS are in the masterplan, go read it and dont need to say highly likely this or that to entertain yourself and the trolls.

proud owner
04-10-13, 17:23
Dont ever believe that proeprty value is not always determined by the location! How many times experts all over chanted "Location! Location! Location!"

Every one can imagine one day Tanah Merah will reach $1,850 psf! But wait, even with that kinda of imagination, Jurong will still be $1,7xx psf! And that is for many years later!

What this means is the many years of price escalation and potential of Jurong has been factored in the developers' selling price when they sell SOME MM units for $1,6xx-$1,7xx!

DKSG

I agree that property is about Location Location Location

but in Singapore it is not so anymore.. where there are Plans for development, there will be demand.

If the so called Elite schools in D10 were to move to Changi..trust me.. Bkt timah prices will fall ... D17 where Changi is will fly ...

3C
04-10-13, 18:20

but in Singapore it is not so anymore.. where there are Plans for development, there will be demand.

If the so called Elite schools in D10 were to move to Changi..trust me.. Bkt timah prices will fall ... D17 where Changi is will fly ...
This I got to agree with you to certain extend
Though I used to believe ccr, rcr & ocr got to
to be different but it seems recent activities by govt seems to have dilute this differences. My thoughts were why should I promote ccr when most parts already sold and developed. Now to make money got to sell hard ocr so that people like ringo will be bought into the story and willing to pay. Which means that developer willing to tender at high price. Smart strategy. Even if it is a desert we will package it to look like paradise in the future. Make the money first while the market is hot. Hard truth is where is the market now we target where. At the end of the day Singapore is too small. The jg storey will keep on rotating at different location otherwise how to make money. Condo in the past only located in ccr but to make $ no choice got to move out to other areas. My guess, another hard truth which many ccr will flame me, the dilution will continue because Singapore is just a red dot , even golf course soon have to give way to condo. Just my thoughts. I may be wrong.

Xan
04-10-13, 18:38

Quite surprise you still brought this up.
My entry price for WT mm is only 10xx psf.
When la fiesta mm was selling at 14xxpsf a year later, I thought it will just shut u up for a moment but seems like it didn't work.

Did I ever say I don't believe in JLD story? JG selling at 16xx to 17xx psf is just not my comfortable range, and probably to many others. you expect us to go against our will and defend JG blindly?

If u feel good at JG this kinda entry price and with the current CMs, walk the talk and buy la, don't just talk but no action.

walkthetiger
04-10-13, 18:51
obviously you are not in the market of property and thats why you didnt bother to read up about JLD blueprint. If you did, then you wont be saying MAYBE.

not really interested in Jurong area....I admit...

Ringo33
04-10-13, 19:15
This I got to agree with you to certain extend
Though I used to believe ccr, rcr & ocr got to
to be different but it seems recent activities by govt seems to have dilute this differences. My thoughts were why should I promote ccr when most parts already sold and developed. Now to make money got to sell hard ocr so that people like ringo will be bought into the story and willing to pay. Which means that developer willing to tender at high price. Smart strategy. Even if it is a desert we will package it to look like paradise in the future. Make the money first while the market is hot. Hard truth is where is the market now we target where. At the end of the day Singapore is too small. The jg storey will keep on rotating at different location otherwise how to make money. Condo in the past only located in ccr but to make $ no choice got to move out to other areas. My guess, another hard truth which many ccr will flame me, the dilution will continue because Singapore is just a red dot , even golf course soon have to give way to condo. Just my thoughts. I may be wrong.

Your observation is correct and may I also add that the other reason is why waste tax payer money to invest in freehold estate when I can channel the money into LH lands where government can sell high and still continue to own the land forever.

Marina Bay is one good example of massive development on LH land, while the other is something which I have mentioned in the other thread concerning land reclamation along East Coast. As you can see, FH kenna block, LH unblock. Coincident? Not really. When come to LKY, everything is about making money for Singapore..

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9328/agaf.jpg

Ringo33
04-10-13, 19:16
not really interested in Jurong area....I admit...

when I have no money, i will say the same. Not trying to challenge you but it will be stupid for any investor to not study JLD potential.

heehee
04-10-13, 19:42
St Nicholas Girls school was once the no 1 school in SG. It then shifted from CCR to Ang Mo Kio, but AMK property price didn't climb to match CCR or higher. Instead, SNGS ranking dropped. The rest is history.

heehee
04-10-13, 19:46
I have the money but I rather put in US stocks. Even if I am going to buy a property in SG, I will never buy Jurong, regardless of whatever plan or upside potential. My life is more valuable, not going to risk my life living in Jurong exposing to those toxic gases. The worst I want is cannot dies, get all sort of illness & cancer.

when I have no money, i will say the same. Not trying to challenge you but it will be stupid for any investor to not study JLD potential.

walkthetiger
04-10-13, 20:46

We are different ...so no point exchange further opposing views here…hah

k00L
04-10-13, 20:56
I have the money but I rather put in US stocks. Even if I am going to buy a property in SG, I will never buy Jurong, regardless of whatever plan or upside potential. My life is more valuable, not going to risk my life living in Jurong exposing to those toxic gases. The worst I want is cannot dies, get all sort of illness & cancer.

I showed the map of crematorium in bishan and map of refineries/toxic warehouses in jurong to fellow expats colleagues - all chose SV over JG. I will do more market survey and report..

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/proper-t/jurong_zps1644094b.jpg

Simi
04-10-13, 21:07
I showed the map of crematorium in bishan and map of refineries/toxic warehouses in jurong to fellow expats colleagues - all chose SV over JG. I will do more market survey and report..

Ya...final destination from the south and from the north east seems to be JLD and targeting J Gateway specifically :D:D...cant help laughing...LOL

will show this to my tenants and see if they still want to extend their lease

:)

1 still got 2 years to go and another 1 year left

Ringo33
04-10-13, 21:17
Ya...final destination from the south and from the north east seems to be JLD and targeting J Gateway specifically :D:D...cant help laughing...LOL

Does looks like some kind of vortex suction happening around JLD. Air from all corners are sucking into JLD??

Maybe its due to UFO landing in Jurong or the western dragon farting hot air that cause pocket of low pressure in that area.

Whatever it is, it sure look like something HUGE is happening in there.

k00L
04-10-13, 21:38

Mr Simi, honesty is the best policy - God bless!

I also asked a business owner who tells me that his factory at marymount in jalan pemimpin attracts more job applicants than his factory in jurong.
why? central location attracts applicants from all over singapore, whereas jurong location only attracts the west residents - looks like singaporeans are still a fussy lot!

Simi
04-10-13, 21:47

I also asked a business owner who tells me that his factory at marymount in jalan pemimpin attracts more job applicants than his factory in jurong.
why? central location attracts applicants from all over singapore, whereas jurong location only attracts the west residents - looks like singaporeans are still a fussy lot!

Hi k00L san

every morning PIE and AYE slow moving traffic all the way to Jurong

evening the traffic congestion will be the other way

Thanks for you Honesty ....appreciates

Ringo33
04-10-13, 22:07

Reason is because there are more better jobs for job seeker in.jurong and unfortunately the job which this factory is offering is not attractive enough for jurong standard.

This is exactly the reason why I say the jurong has got more jobs than housing

mermaid
04-10-13, 23:06

my hot money is waiting to go into another ppty, but I will not choose jurong too. Lacks the x factor.

mermaid
04-10-13, 23:19

tis is precisely y since ancient time, a more centralised area is deemed to be a better loc.

If yr ppty is in area such as TPY, AMK, Bishan, u can attract almost tenants who work in ever part of sg. But when yr ppty is located in Jurong, u can only attract ppl working in the west.

If rental demand for yr ppty is not as strong as others, how is one able to convince a potential buyer to pay the price u wan?
Tis fundementals LLL will not change.

proud owner
05-10-13, 01:54
St Nicholas Girls school was once the no 1 school in SG. It then shifted from CCR to Ang Mo Kio, but AMK property price didn't climb to match CCR or higher. Instead, SNGS ranking dropped. The rest is history.

when was that ?

I am just wondering ..at that time ..AMK mostly HDB...they probably didn't care much about school ranking...

also those from CCR ..don't think they wud buy HDB just to house the children for the sch right ?

but if move to change .. there are a lot of landed .. for even Selectar .. I am sure the landed there will chiong

chestnut
05-10-13, 04:22
when was that ?

I am just wondering ..at that time ..AMK mostly HDB...they probably didn't care much about school ranking...

also those from CCR ..don't think they wud buy HDB just to house the children for the sch right ?

but if move to change .. there are a lot of landed .. for even Selectar .. I am sure the landed there will chiong

A few of my friends bought semi-d around that area... Why???? Their kids went chij st nic....

Ringo33
05-10-13, 06:26
tis is precisely y since ancient time, a more centralised area is deemed to be a better loc.

If yr ppty is in area such as TPY, AMK, Bishan, u can attract almost tenants who work in ever part of sg. But when yr ppty is located in Jurong, u can only attract ppl working in the west.

If rental demand for yr ppty is not as strong as others, how is one able to convince a potential buyer to pay the price u wan?

Before you get all excited making up your own stories, have it not occur to you that the central region is predominantly a residential hub, a place where there are more people than jobs.

Have it not occur to your than every morning, the traffic congestion always happen on road leading out of the central region because more people living in central area need to travel far and wide to look for job.

So if a factory is to set up in Jurong, you will be competing with more than 3000MNCs for talent, if you are a SME dealing with manual labor etc, chances are, not many people will be keen because there are plenty of more exciting and promising jobs available.

As for rental, there is no need to shoot darts in the dark, if you think rental yield in those area are good, then perhaps try putting in some effort, show us some numbers instead of cheap talking telling stories about what you think to feed the headless troll?

Here is the copy of the masterplan to help you think before commenting.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4728/e5p6.jpg

vovolversace
05-10-13, 07:17
Some people here are too dumb enough to compare Bishan and Jurong.They compared JE 1 bedder per sq feet price to Bishan 3 bedders per sq feet price.Than they said Bishan is a more superior price and deserve to be more expensive than Bishan.They think they always right. So they use the same old reasons to argue with people.They live in their own world.

They don't know that.
J gateway : Average selling price of units was $1,480 per square foot

Sky Vue : Average selling price of units was $1,500 per square foot :doh:

vovolversace
05-10-13, 07:21

OKOK YOU ALWAYS RIGHT.YOU ARE GOOD,YOU ARE CLEVER.:doh:

YAYA.People who work in the West and East will live in Amk,Bishan.Okok.Don't be a loser.

vovolversace
05-10-13, 07:25

who cares.in the picture,they name so many big companies in Jurong Island.those people who work there will rent condo in J gateway.Don't give me a excuse that they will rent a place in Bishan.

vovolversace
05-10-13, 07:38
Only in this forum,you can find troll comparing Bishan and J Gateway.The general public don't give a damn about this.They just know that Bishan is a hdb estate with overpriced hdb and J gateway is a place with potential in the future.ONLY IN THIS FORUM,PEOPLE THINK that BISHAN IS a VERY SUPERIOR place.Bishan is just another hdb estate while J gateway is the biggest commercial district outside Marina Bay area.:):)

So what J gateway has bad air,that is out of topic.even Manhattan also has lots of factories.I am not comparing Manhattan with J gateway.I knew some people here will say this to me.I just say that even Manhattan can have that,why J gateway cannot have that?

Ringo33
05-10-13, 07:49
Heavy industry in Tuas?

Want to guess where those infant and baby milk powder you buy from supermarket comes from?

Tuas Biomedical Park

http://www.jtc.gov.sg/Industries/PublishingImages/TuasBiomedical/feature00.jpg

Tuas Biomedical Park (TBP) is a world-class manufacturing hub, hosting process development and manufacturing operations of major pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical technology companies. Located at the western tip of Singapore, the TBP is only 60 minutes from Changi International Airport, 5 minutes from the Tuas Checkpoint to Malaysia and 20 minutes away from Jurong Port. The 312 ha TBP is strategically located to provide companies with access to skilled talent, research expertise, and air and sea logistics.

Leading global biomedical companies have invested in about 20 commercial-scale facilities in Singapore, which houses process development operations and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and novel medicines. Both Pfizer and MSD GmbH have partnered Tuas Power, a leading Singapore based energy and utilities solutions provider, to develop state-of-the-art trigeneration facilities.
Key Customers

TBP is home to a host of global biomedical players, including GlaxoSmithKline, Lonza, MSD GmbH, Novartis, Pfizer and Roche.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 07:52
MedTech Hub

http://www.jtc.gov.sg/RealEstateSolutions/MedTech-Hub/PublishingImages/feature-wide.jpg

MedTech Hub is Singapore’s first hub dedicated to the medical technology (medtech) industry.

Located at the gateway of Tukang Innovation Park, the 7.4ha hub aims to cluster medtech product owners, original equipment manufacturers and service providers together in a single location for synergies and collaborations. It is strategically located close to major residential estates, mass transportation and amenities to support the industry’s higher employment base.

Key Customers:

​Biosensors International Group will be leasing 12,000 square meters of land to build a facility for the manufacturing of drug-eluting stents and other medical devices. ​

More than 10 other local and foreign companies have expressed interest to take up space within the MedTech1, the first development in MedTech Hub.​​

Ringo33
05-10-13, 07:53
CleanTech Park

http://www.jtc.gov.sg/RealEstateSolutions/PublishingImages/CleanTechPark/CleanTechPark-main02.jpg

​​In February 2010, JTC and the Singapore Economic Development Board unveiled the master plan for the 50-ha CleanTech Park.

Fast Facts

CleanTech Park is Singapore's first eco-business park.
Developed with emphasis on retaining the natural environment and biodiversity of the area.
The choice location for forward-looking corporations that have embraced environmental sustainability.
An R&D and test-bedding site for early adoption of technology and solutions.
CleanTech Park is the first project to clinch the BCA's Platinum Green Mark for Districts Award in 2012.
CleanTech Park has been awarded the BCA-NParks Green Mark Platinum Award for the Park's Green Core and a Green Mark Platinum for Non-Residential New Buildings for CleanTech One in 2011.
Key Customers

Since early 2012, CleanTech One, the first development in CleanTech Park has welcomed tenants who are industry leaders in their respective fields.

Some of the private sector companies include:

DHI Water & Environment, a Danish firm specialising in water and environmental research and consultancy;
Japan-based Toray Industries, the world's largest producer of carbon fiber, has also established its Toray Water Technology Laboratory (TWTL) at CleanTech Park to conduct research and development of water-treatment technologies;
Silecs International, a developer and manufacturer of advanced Siloxane polymers;
CIMA Nanotech – a producer of self-aligning nanotechnology for electronic, coatings for flat panel displays, solar cells, and other printed electronic applications;
Diamond Energy, a leading Demand Response Aggregator and provider of smart grid solutions and services;
The Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore (SEAS);
Yingli Solar, one of the world's largest solar PV module manufacturer in the world;
Pfizer, one of the world's largest research-based pharmaceutical company;

Public sector organisations include:

Nanyang Technological University (NTU)’s research institutes in energy and water research, namely the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI), and the Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N).;
The Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore (SERIS) laboratories on photovoltaic (PV) module performance analysis and solar-powered air-conditioning will also be located in CleanTech One, including the SERIS Testing and Certification Lab, a joint undertaking between SERIS and VDE-ISE Pte Ltd on PV module certification.

proper-t
05-10-13, 08:44
Buyers of new launches beware.....according to your friend below, tsunami is coning. Wait for firesale in 2016.

New launches might not be affected for NOW, but the tsunami will come in 3 years time when the full loans kicks in. Perhaps that will be the best time to pick up real firesale? in 2016?

hopeful
05-10-13, 09:13
there are practically no more residential development within Jurong Gateway, so if you missed J Gateway, (the best site of the ENTIRE D22) you will have to pay more for the other small next to J Gateway or less for projects which are further away from the epic center of JLD

Dont believe just wait for subsale and resale transaction for J Gateway.

does anybody, like mermaid, dksg dispute this statement?

or the one being disputed is that JG is in epic centre of JLD?

hopeful
05-10-13, 09:15

in your opinion, what is the most ideal loc in Jurong?

let me guess, the most ideal loc in Jurong is Orchard, no? :)

mermaid
05-10-13, 09:23
in your opinion, what is the most ideal loc in Jurong?

let me guess, the most ideal loc in Jurong is Orchard, no? :)

Yr definition of jurong refers only jurong east mrt or includes lakeside mrt?
U mentioned orchard. Juz becos R33 is bias, u feel tat others r equally bad.
The way u think speaks a lot abt yr personality.

hopeful
05-10-13, 09:24
I think the sequence is a bit jumbled up ?

Before the plans are released, Jurong only selling for $600 psf and not many people wants to buy. After the plans are FULLY released, it jumped to $1,0xx- $1,1xx.

Then marketing agents of the Jurong PC "relaunched" the plans and pretend these are new things and jack up the price again until it reaches $1,6xx-$1,7xx for the MMs.

Look at the way people trying to convince others that the existence of IBP will create even more value for Jurong. Got it ? Its fried rice, refried, sell at higher price.

DKSG

Dont backslide again ok. 16xx-17xx is only for the very high floor MMs, only 30 or so units right? In every development, it is high prices for high floor MMs ok.

and usually people dont believe until the malls are crowded, JG fetches 5% yield. then will the naysayers believe and they will exclaimed that JG investors are smart.

hopeful
05-10-13, 09:29

whichever, only 1km radius from jurong east mrt, 5km radius from jurong east mrt, even 30km radius from jurong east mrt if you like.

if you know JG is not the best location in Jurong, must at least have some inkling what is best location in Jurong right?

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 09:36
The general public don't give a damn about this.

They just know that Bishan is a hdb estate with overpriced hdb.

General public? From a collected views of 100, 200, 40000 residents? … I am not sure how much one person can claim he know/represent "General Public", unless he works in some agencies with figures that can share…

Btw, likewise, Jurong East’s HDB estate may appear the same. JLD may view like another expanding Industry estate from existing Jurong Industrial...where the existing one is already very very big since day one.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 09:46

Dont waste your time trying because no matter how hard you try you will always trip on what you said because your argument are all based on fictitious lies rather than facts.

Dont believe? then tell us where in JLD can you find a better site than J Gateway.

mermaid
05-10-13, 09:48
Before you get all excited making up your own stories, have it not occur to you that the central region is predominantly a residential hub, a place where there are more people than jobs.

Have it not occur to your than every morning, the traffic congestion always happen on road leading out of the central region because more people living in central area need to travel far and wide to look for job.

So if a factory is to set up in Jurong, you will be competing with more than 3000MNCs for talent, if you are a SME dealing with manual labor etc, chances are, not many people will be keen because there are plenty of more exciting and promising jobs available.

As for rental, there is no need to shoot darts in the dark, if you think rental yield in those area are good, then perhaps try putting in some effort, show us some numbers instead of cheap talking telling stories about what you think to feed the headless troll?

Here is the copy of the masterplan to help you think before commenting.

So wat if a workplace is in Jurong? I stay in the east n ever worked in Boon Lay & studied in Clementi b4, but does tat means tat I would wan to stay in the west?

as per yr qn on shooting darts in the dark, I reckon u r refering to yrself?
I (non extreme east/west/north supporters) justify my stand wif logic. I dun specifically promote a particular proj, Unlike u:

1. U defended jgateway defensively n hostily. When ppl asked if u r vested, u do not dare to admit. Perhaps u yrself noe tat u hv overpaid hence feel the nid to deny so tat others wun bash u?
2. If u hv no vested interests, the qn tat rings in one mind would be " y would one bother to promote jld again n again n again?"
? Even the sales forummer here r not tat extreme for the sake of earning commision.

P/S : Im more open n aboveboard den u. At the very least, when ppl asked me where I hv vested, I wouldnt hide here n dare as if Im ashamed of my decision n selection. If there is some aspect tat Im not satisfied, I wouldnt even hv bought in the 1st place.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 09:51
General public? From a collected views of 100, 200, 40000 residents? … I am not sure how much one person can claim he know/represent "General Public", unless he works in some agencies with figures that can share…

Btw, likewise, Jurong East’s HDB estate may appear the same. JLD may view like another expanding Industry estate from existing Jurong Industrial...where the existing one is already very very big since day one.

Jurong Gateway is a commercial district with high rise OFFICE towers, not the typical factories or warehouses you see in Jurong Industrial.

When fully developed JLD will also become a tourist and leisure attractions consisting of edutainment theme parks will hotels build around the Jurong Lake.

vovolversace
05-10-13, 09:56
So wat if a workplace is in Jurong? I stay in the east n ever worked in Boon Lay & studied in Clementi b4, but does tat means tat I would wan to stay in the west?

you dare to say you studied before. :D from what you said,i thought you are uneducated uncle.

that is your views,not the general public views.how many people work in the west and live in the east?who have the right mind to do that.only a few.time is precious.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 09:56

I (non extreme east/west/north supporters) justify my stand wif logic. I dun specifically promote a particular proj, Unlike u:

1. U defended jgateway defensively n hostily. When ppl asked if u r vested, u do not dare to admit. Perhaps u yrself noe tat u hv overpaid hence feel the nid to deny so tat others wun bash u?
2. If u hv no vested interests, the qn tat rings in one mind would be " y would one bother to promote jld again n again n again?"
? Even the sales forummer here r not tat extreme for the sake of earning commision.

P/S : Im more open n aboveboard den u. At the very least, when ppl asked me where I hv vested, I wouldnt hide here n dare as if Im ashamed of my decision n selection. If there is some aspect tat Im not satisfied, I wouldnt even hv bought in the 1st place.

You need to support what you said with facts, or else dont blame others for shooting you down like a troll.

You said that J Gateway pricing has already factor in ALL future potential of JLD. Let me ask you, how much do you know about JLD? Can you put a psf value of everything that is currently being developed at JLD? You know the future rental demand? You know the profile of people working there? You know which companies are moving the offices to JLD?

If you dont have answer to the above questions, then please stop making silly comments.

You said that J Gateway is not the best site around JLD. Can you pin point to me a better site?

If you want respect, please back up what you said with facts or else just get used to be treated like a headless troll.

mermaid
05-10-13, 10:04
Dont waste your time trying because no matter how hard you try you will always trip on what you said because your argument are all based on fictitious lies rather than facts.

Dont believe? then tell us where in JLD can you find a better site than J Gateway.

the more u r anxious oni goes to show how much confident u hv in yr invstmt!
Oh boy! :doh:

Ringo33
05-10-13, 10:07
the more u r anxious oni goes to show how much confident u hv in yr invstmt!
Oh boy! :doh:

This is exactly how a troll will react when they are being cornered. They start to make up stories and basless assumption about others instead of answering to those important questions to prove their worth.

mermaid
05-10-13, 10:09
whichever, only 1km radius from jurong east mrt, 5km radius from jurong east mrt, even 30km radius from jurong east mrt if you like.

if you know JG is not the best location in Jurong, must at least have some inkling what is best location in Jurong right?

I surpose u r staying in the west? U shdnt be asking me tis qn!
u imgaine yrself as a potential buyer who is interested in buying a ppty to invest in Jurong.
1. Which project offers the best rental yield?
2. Which proj is the nearest to the mrt yet do hv the prob of being very near to the mrt tracks like JG?

I suppose the answer will be very obvious after u hv evaluated 1 & 2.

hsifreffup
05-10-13, 10:10
You need to support what you said with facts, or else dont blame others for shooting you down like a troll.

How ironic.

mermaid
05-10-13, 10:12
you dare to say you studied before. :D from what you said,i thought you are uneducated uncle.

that is your views,not the general public views.how many people work in the west and live in the east?who have the right mind to do that.only a few.time is precious.

K, noted tat the above is how an educated person should speak.
Care to tell us the name of the prestige educational bodies tat groomed such talent? :)

DKSG
05-10-13, 10:16
Dont backslide again ok. 16xx-17xx is only for the very high floor MMs, only 30 or so units right? In every development, it is high prices for high floor MMs ok.

and usually people dont believe until the malls are crowded, JG fetches 5% yield. then will the naysayers believe and they will exclaimed that JG investors are smart.

Not sure if URA banned you from their site ?

A cursory count shows that more than 30+ units are sold for $1,6xx upwards, people here are just being kind say only those MM buyers.

Just ask yourself, if Jurong reach $1,8xx psf, what will be the price of Mt Sinai ? What will be the price of Tiong Bahru, Redhill, Kim Seng Road, River Valley ? Then check out the prices NOW for these area, then u will know what we are trying to say.

But of course, if you limit only $800K budget, then LL.
Thats how the richer gets richer.

DKSG

hopeful
05-10-13, 10:19
I surpose u r staying in the west? U shdnt be asking me tis qn!
u imgaine yrself as a potential buyer who is interested in buying a ppty to invest in Jurong.
1. Which project offers the best rental yield?
2. Which proj is the nearest to the mrt yet do hv the prob of being very near to the mrt tracks like JG?

I suppose the answer will be very obvious after u hv evaluated 1 & 2.

i supposed based on your 1) & 2), you would equate that to the best location in Jurong.

1) best yield is JG mm, 5%.
2) not relevant, as an investor, i m looking at yield.
so the definite answer is JG.

how about you? what do you think is the best ppty to invest in Jurong? and hence the best location in Jurong?

DKSG
05-10-13, 10:23

We say many times already.
People bought Jurong MM for $1,7xx +- then realised Bishan/Thomson selling SAME OR LOWER PRICE !!!

OMG! So no choice have to do 24/7 damaged control.

But I dont know what is the objective ? Since nobody will sell now and cause the valuation to fall back to it's righful amount, which maybe just $1,4xx...

Jurong MM same or higher price than Bishan/Thomson MM.

That is the root cause.

DKSG

Ringo33
05-10-13, 10:31

A cursory count shows that more than 30+ units are sold for $1,6xx upwards, people here are just being kind say only those MM buyers.

Just ask yourself, if Jurong reach $1,8xx psf, what will be the price of Mt Sinai ? What will be the price of Tiong Bahru, Redhill, Kim Seng Road, River Valley ? Then check out the prices NOW for these area, then u will know what we are trying to say.

But of course, if you limit only $800K budget, then LL.
Thats how the richer gets richer.

DKSG

When you have to go down to that level of counting with your fingers and comparing jg mm to apartment almost twice the size tat mean your arguementnis very weak.

Echelon $25xx psf leasehold no malls no commercial office building or hospital insight

Ringo33
05-10-13, 10:33
We say many times already.
People bought Jurong MM for $1,7xx +- then realised Bishan/Thomson selling SAME OR LOWER PRICE !!!

OMG! So no choice have to do 24/7 damaged control.

But I dont know what is the objective ? Since nobody will sell now and cause the valuation to fall back to it's righful amount, which maybe just $1,4xx...

Jurong MM same or higher price than Bishan/Thomson MM.

That is the root cause.

DKSG

Left arm trying to convince right arm that our armpit is smelly

hopeful
05-10-13, 10:36

how can i rely on you to again to provide "facts" & "figures" after you being caught in an 'untruth"? :)
opinions may differ. but facts are facts.
so you threw figure of 30 just to act kind to Jurong people's feeling.
"no lah, jurong people generally not idiot, only 30 people are idiot".
now we know much more than 30 jurong people are brain-damaged by industrial pollutants :)

Again, trying to provoke other people in Jurong.
We are not talking about JURONG in general. We are talking about the Jurong buyers who paid $16xx, $17xx psf! This means we are only talking about 30 people ?

Ringo33
05-10-13, 10:43
I honestly don't think those who bought the top floor units at jg are idiots. They might actually end up making the most when it's time to sell.

3C
05-10-13, 11:17
Hello you guys
Enough of going round & round debating the same issue. Arent you tired? Let time & facts prove who is right.

mermaid
05-10-13, 11:28
i supposed based on your 1) & 2), you would equate that to the best location in Jurong.

1) best yield is JG mm, 5%.
2) not relevant, as an investor, i m looking at yield.
so the definite answer is JG.

how about you? what do you think is the best ppty to invest in Jurong? and hence the best location in Jurong?

if I were to consider a resale in Jurong, I would feel caspian is a better buy, both in terms of loc & yield. If u die die restrict me to JE mrt, I will choose tat old condo opp JG. Tat one de yield is gd n dun hv the mrt track noise issue.
But Of cos, u can insist tat JG is the best choice cos is afterall a personal preference.

I suppose u r veted in JG? Care to share the psf tat u paid?

k00L
05-10-13, 11:33
who cares.in the picture,they name so many big companies in Jurong Island.those people who work there will rent condo in J gateway.Don't give me a excuse that they will rent a place in Bishan.

not to worry, jurong has the highest concentration of foreign workers dormitories - why? the land to build dormitories there is the cheapest.
Yes these dormitories are running highest occupancy rates >95% - more are to be built - some of these foreign workers may spill over to JG temporarily - JG landlords - seize the opportunity!

Wunderkind
05-10-13, 11:41
Kind of interested to know... if I were to put up a forward sell today on JG for $1.1M for a 506 sqft MM at TOP , would there be any serious buyer ?

Let assume high floor, away from MRT track and no West sun facing ?

PS : I am not here to debate on how much profit I will make. Just wanted to know if there will be interested party to buy at the price at TOP.

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 11:43
not to worry, jurong has the highest concentration of foreign workers dormitories - why? the land to build dormitories there is the cheapest.
Yes these dormitories are running highest occupancy rates >95% - more are to be built - some of these foreign workers may spill over to JG temporarily - JG landlords - seize the opportunity!

That is why those shopping malls are so crowded during weekend...Been there once, and will be the last.

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 11:47
Kind of interested to know... if I were to put up a forward sell today on JG for $1.1M for a 506 sqft MM at TOP , would there be any serious buyer ?

PS : I am not here to debate on how much profit I will make. Just wanted to know if there will be interested party to buy at the price at TOP.

...hah...keen to see, but hope it is a real transaction, with all necessary info to share with us..

Simi
05-10-13, 11:51

Hi k00L san

is this your honest view ? :D

God Bless

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 11:53
if I were to consider a resale in Jurong, I would feel caspian is a better buy, both in terms of loc & yield. If u die die restrict me to JE mrt, I will choose tat old condo opp JG. Tat one de yield is gd n dun hv the mrt track noise issue.

Same view... Especially the above ground MRT station, btw it is an Interchange station, so more noises.

vovolversace
05-10-13, 12:12

not because the land is cheap,because most big factories are located in the west,therefore u cannot expect people work in the west and those dormitories in the east right.use your brain first.

lionhill
05-10-13, 12:41

Everything is relative. Hard to image anyone to pay $1.1M for a MM in JG, it is hard to image that anyone to pay $1.5M to buy a MM in CCR (assuming its current price is 1.2M), too.

DKSG
05-10-13, 14:16
When you have to go down to that level of counting with your fingers and comparing jg mm to apartment almost twice the size tat mean your arguementnis very weak.

Echelon $25xx psf leasehold no malls no commercial office building or hospital insight

Jurong MM and Bishan/Thomson MM about the same size.

Bishan/Thomson MM is now same price or cheaper than Jurong.

Period.

Just an observation.

DKSG

DKSG
05-10-13, 14:17
Everything is relative. Hard to image anyone to pay $1.1M for a MM in JG, it is hard to image that anyone to pay $1.5M to buy a MM in CCR (assuming its current price is 1.2M), too.

No one at the moment will EVER think of paying $2,0xx psf for a Jurong MM.
The reason is because they found out that the Bishan/Thomson MM is going for only $1,5xx !

$1.5M for a Scotts Road MM will have buyers.

DKSG

Ringo33
05-10-13, 14:41
Jurong MM and Bishan/Thomson MM about the same size.

Bishan/Thomson MM is now same price or cheaper than Jurong.

Period.

Just an observation.

DKSG

Have you conveniently forgotten about you comparing j gateway to
Redhill Kim seng tiong bahru river valley etc?

Learn to exercise some integrity in.this forum and don't waste some much time feed headless troll

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 14:49
Everything is relative..

Ultimate truth.

heehee
05-10-13, 14:55
It has always been that Jurong people are following category (may be you don't know):
- that is the absolute low quantum price they can afford for a property
- they don't know the long term effect of those toxic gases
- they try to psycho themselves there is no scientistic evidence to prove that those toxic gases are harmful, & if really harmful everyone in Singapore will be harmed (like ostrich stick head in sand)

how can i rely on you to again to provide "facts" & "figures" after you being caught in an 'untruth"? :)
opinions may differ. but facts are facts.
so you threw figure of 30 just to act kind to Jurong people's feeling.
"no lah, jurong people generally not idiot, only 30 people are idiot".
now we know much more than 30 jurong people are brain-damaged by industrial pollutants :)

Ringo33
05-10-13, 15:03

You are too late there are already agent marketing 2 bedder at above 2000psf.

Give them a call

Ringo33
05-10-13, 15:05
It has always been that Jurong people are following category (may be you don't know):
- they try to psycho themselves there is no scientistic evidence to prove that those toxic gases are harmful, & if really harmful everyone in Singapore will be harmed (like ostrich stick head in sand)

The most toxic and dangerous thing in life is human stupidity and people who survive on rumour and lies.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 15:07
The reason is because they found out that the Bishan/Thomson MM is going for only $1,5xx !

DKSG

Scotts road mm above 3000 psf.

k00L
05-10-13, 15:07
Hi k00L san

is this your honest view ? :D

God Bless

I have vested interest in jurong foreign workers dormitories so my views are biased. JG may not attract expats but i am sure foreign workers dont mind - as long as JG landlords can charge $300/bed/mth

Simi
05-10-13, 15:08

Ok la

you win la

May all the people living in the Central, The East and North except those in the West be blessed with Good Health..no lung cancer in particular

All in the West are like ostrich and those in other Regions are Beautiful Swan

Simi
05-10-13, 15:15
I have vested interest in jurong foreign workers dormitories so my views are biased. JG may not attract expats but i am sure foreign workers dont mind - as long as JG landlords can charge $300/bed/mth

Hi k00L san

JG = J Gateway (you may have mixed up J Gateway to be some old HDB flats in Jurong

honestly, you are so sure about that ?

$300/bed/month...who needs dormitories then :D

you will run out of your dormitories business

Ringo33
05-10-13, 15:19

I bet you can't pin point where exactly are the workers domitories in jurong.

Please take it as an opportunity to prove your credibility.

Simi
05-10-13, 15:34
Hi k00L san

here is the floor plan for J Gateway

configure to put in as many beds as you can :D

http://jgate-way.com/floor-plans/

Honesty is the Best Policy

God Bless

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 15:37
I bet you can't pin point where exactly are the workers domitories in jurong.

Please take it as an opportunity to prove your credibility.

All weekend, they will be everywhere, filling up every empty space within Jurong, especially shopping malls, as well as nearby MRT stations...Maybe, gov knew long about the need to provide them some places to shop...

Ringo33
05-10-13, 15:46
All weekend, they will be everywhere, filling up every empty space within Jurong, especially shopping malls, as well as nearby MRT stations...

if you have problem understanding word "dormitories" then you should at least check first before commenting. if you still unclear, you can actually not comments at all and let others who do reply my post.

05-10-13, 16:23

Maybe mermaid thinks Ho Ching Road is the best part of Jurong :D:D:D

05-10-13, 16:30

I'm surprised you mentioned SNGS was once the no.1 school in Singapore.

No disrespect to SNGS and its alumni, I always thought that it was the likes of RI, RGS, TCHS, NYGS, DHS, etc. No??

Lowi
05-10-13, 16:42

Sorry couldn't help thinking they should build an airport or something in Jurong so that people in Jurong can travel to the other side of the island then... I just dont think the normal public transportation system is enough given that Jurong is so far away from the rest of the island. :D:D

onglai
05-10-13, 16:43
I'm surprised you mentioned SNGS was once the no.1 school in Singapore.

No disrespect to SNGS and its alumni, I always thought that it was the likes of RI, RGS, TCHS, NYGS, DHS, etc. No??

dat explain why amk price didnt climb to ccr level..

vovolversace
05-10-13, 16:45
Hi k00L san

here is the floor plan for J Gateway

configure to put in as many beds as you can :D

http://jgate-way.com/floor-plans/

Honesty is the Best Policy

God Bless

Don't be sarcastic pls.Foreign workers work in factories does not mean they all are low income.lots of them earn more than you.you just another arrogant uncle.

05-10-13, 16:47

Aiyo... myself, my family, friends, neighbours, relatives all live in western region for so long, some as long as 40+ years. Choy...choy...choy... All of us are doing fine with no significant health problems !!

In the past, I think prices of HDB flats were cheaper in the west (though I have no evidence to support this). But I think prices seem to have caught up? I tried to compare the HDB resale prices between Jurong West and Tampines and I don't see a significant difference leh....

DC33_2008
05-10-13, 16:52
IMO the last PC launches and the land bid price in the west are projecting a price of the future. It will reach someday and good for everyone. Buy for own stay is ok but investment got to be mindful as there were lesson learnt from Bishan years ago.;) Do not rebut. Just stating my personal opinion.rr

05-10-13, 16:58
IMO the last PC launches and the land bid price in the west are projecting a price of the future. It will reach someday and good for everyone. Buy for own stay is ok but investment got to be mindful as there were lesson learnt from Bishan years ago.;) Do not rebut. Just stating my personal opinion.rr

I agree with the mindful part but this should also apply to other parts of Singapore as well, especially with this part of the cycle?

vovolversace
05-10-13, 17:06
Midtown Residences in Hougang have avenge price of $1,434 PSF.
Sant Ritz in Potong Pasir have avenge price of $1,469 PSF.
Seahill in West Coast have avenge price of $1,771 PSF.
Urban Vista in TM have avenge price of $1,495 PSF.
eCo in Bedok have avenge price $1,416 PSF.
Foresque Residences in Bp have avenge price $1,487 PSF $1,309 PSF.

WHILE J GATEWAY have avenge price is $1,487 PSF. which have reasonable price compare to other condo. PEOPLE LIKE REGULATORS and OFFICE BOY LOVE TO TAKE J GATEWAY 1700 PSF TO COMPARED WITH ANOTHER CONDO AVENGE PRICE,so their comments are irrelevant .THEY ARE TROLL. WHY THEY COMPARED WITH BISHAN,WHEN BISHAN IS JUST ANOTHER HDB ESTATE AND NOT ANOTHER HIGH END ESTATE .

Ringo33
05-10-13, 18:07
Sorry couldn't help thinking they should build an airport or something in Jurong so that people in Jurong can travel to the other side of the island then... I just dont think the normal public transportation system is enough given that Jurong is so far away from the rest of the island. :D:D

Actually you got it wrong. Government has already decided to spend multi billion dollar to build the cross region MRT line to allow people living in the central, north and east region travelling to seek employment in the western region.

And if you dont know, western region is a really big place, from JLD to Tuas is about the same distant as JLD to City. So when you say far, you might want to be more specific about which part of Jurong is far.

Simi
05-10-13, 18:24
Don't be sarcastic pls.Foreign workers work in factories does not mean they all are low income.lots of them earn more than you.you just another arrogant uncle.

Aiyo vovolversace san

you may have misinterpreted

my post is a one off answer specifically to what k00L san earlier
sarcastic remark on getting workers to rent a bed from J Gateway owner

if you take an effort to scroll back and read you will understand :D

Anyway
don't you think its a good lobang
can rent a bed for $300 per month in J Gateway ?

Allthepies
05-10-13, 18:40

Ya la, you should be more concerned with the toxic fumes and particles from motor vehicles. The only safe place for you is to live inside the nature reserve where there are no roads and heavy traffic.

mermaid
05-10-13, 18:59
Aiyo... myself, my family, friends, neighbours, relatives all live in western region for so long, some as long as 40+ years. Choy...choy...choy... All of us are doing fine with no significant health problems !!

In the past, I think prices of HDB flats were cheaper in the west (though I have no evidence to support this). But I think prices seem to have caught up? I tried to compare the HDB resale prices between Jurong West and Tampines and I don't see a signifpicant difference leh....

precisely becos it is no longer cheap ...
imagine all along u chose to eat ntuc brand white bread cos it is cheap n edible. Then it come up wif a ntuc high fibre bread which cos a little less den gardenia bread. So now which bread will u eat? :D

Ringo33
05-10-13, 19:05
From J Gateway you can literary walk to all the amenities with Jurong Gateway.

If you missed the boat, dont worry, because there might be selling willing to sell you for $2000psf.

http://www.jgatewaybymclland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-Shot-2013-06-04-at-11.35.41-PM.png

mermaid
05-10-13, 19:08

I tink govt shd, cos according to R33 explanation on behalf of all jurongers, Jurong will hv everything they nid, hence dun nid to travel to orchard to shop/dine.

And since, according to R33, Jurong is so ooo self sufficient, I tink in the future Jurong can oso apply to be an independent island? :D

Allthepies
05-10-13, 19:12

If you missed the boat, dont worry, because there might be selling willing to sell you for $2000psf.

http://www.jgatewaybymclland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-Shot-2013-06-04-at-11.35.41-PM.png

Bro, thanks for sharing the map! Where did you manage to grab the map? :D

Allthepies
05-10-13, 19:14
I tink govt shd, cos according to R33 explanation on behalf of all jurongers, Jurong will hv everything they nid, hence dun nid to travel to orchard to shop/dine.

And since, according to R33, Jurong is so ooo self sufficient, I tink in the future Jurong can oso apply to be an independent island? :D

I'm moving to north soon, prob to Bishan to become superior Singaporeans! :p

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 19:15

Guess who should be the PM of this place...hah.....Must be that one who has been defending it since day one....

mermaid
05-10-13, 19:17

dun nid to imagine. R33 is yr living example.

mermaid
05-10-13, 19:19
I'm moving to north soon, prob to Bishan to become superior Singaporeans! :p

north as in jaybee arh? hahaha ...

babyt
05-10-13, 19:20
would it be better to pay a 99yo MM unit in JG or a freehold MM unit in Geylang? I have vested interest in Geylang la but just wondering why would ppl pay so much for Jurong.

mermaid
05-10-13, 19:22
Guess who should be the PM of this place...hah.....Must be that one who has been defending it since day one....

u tink suka suka anyone can be counted upon to take up tis task meh?
if u hv not memorise JLD masterplan by heart n be able to draw out Jurong map, u tink govt will let u handle?

Allthepies
05-10-13, 19:32
north as in jaybee arh? hahaha ...

No la, I want to be superior, so die die buy a 2 room hdb in Bishan..:p

Come join me in Bishan if you not a resident there yet

DKSG
05-10-13, 19:44

Those lucky enough to miss the sinking sampang have already rushed down to Bishan with their cheques to buy a MM at the same (or lower) price then Jurong lo!

If they missed the Bishan one as well, no worries, there will be more superior locations launching soon at the same or lower price!

Watch out for agents collecting chqs.

Jurong at $2,000 at this moment ? Create and poll and ask how many people willing to pay $1,8xx (so that people who bought at $1,6xx-$1,7xx can sell and cover some stamp duty) at this moment. Just try!

DKSG
PS : First time I hear those who didnt kenna con(vinced) to pay $1,6xx-$1,7xx for Jurong MM considered as MTB!

Ringo33
05-10-13, 20:06
Those lucky enough to miss the sinking sampang have already rushed down to Bishan with their cheques to buy a MM at the same (or lower) price then Jurong lo!

If they missed the Bishan one as well, no worries, there will be more superior locations launching soon at the same or lower price!

Watch out for agents collecting chqs.

Jurong at $2,000 at this moment ? Create and poll and ask how many people willing to pay $1,8xx (so that people who bought at $1,6xx-$1,7xx can sell and cover some stamp duty) at this moment. Just try!

DKSG
PS : First time I hear those who didnt kenna con(vinced) to pay $1,6xx-$1,7xx for Jurong MM considered as MTB!

I can fully understand your situation. considering how ballsy you were in your prediction it must have been been very embarrassing that SV was launch 10 to !5% cheaper than Sky Habitat, and its not even sold out during launch.

Plus URA estimate reflected that CCR and RCR property prices have decline while OCR chiong.

walkthetiger
05-10-13, 20:08

Let's hope he can handle the truth.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 20:37
Let's hope he can handle the truth.

The truth is the j gateway was sold out in one day. The truth is there are agent trying to sell 2 bedder j gateway at 2000psf. The truth is j gateway is the undisputed best selling condo in the entire Singapore in recent years and the truth is j gateway is located at the best site in jurong gateway.

And lastly, the truth is there are many people in ths forum are finding it hard to accept the fact and they are trying all ways to convince themselves they are right and over 700 buyer who took out solid cash to pay for j gateway are stupid.

Would stupid people have so much cash? Perhaps not.
Can people with money buy what they like? Definitely yes.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 20:56
Over 50km of MRT track that connects to Jurong Industrial Estates?

Its either government is planning to have more people living in other region to work in Jurong, or they are building more dormitories in order region.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230613_427283507341891_1979246098_n.png

Ringo33
05-10-13, 20:57
North South, East West and Jurong Region Line

http://i50.tinypic.com/34t8q6p.jpg

Ringo33
05-10-13, 21:00
Breath taking view of JLD

http://www.hoihupsunway.com/lakevista/images/location_birdeyeview.jpg

mermaid
05-10-13, 21:00
No la, I want to be superior, so die die buy a 2 room hdb in Bishan..:p

Come join me in Bishan if you not a resident there yet

Im open to all locations which r not overpriced, as long as it is not extreme east/west/north can liao.

mermaid
05-10-13, 21:06

when u cannot sell/rent out yr Jgateway at yr desired $ tat time I see u feel breath taking or breathless -_-

P/S : I tink u bit bit sua ku leh, cos all the displays for various loc in HDB hub looks similar or even better :D

teddybear
05-10-13, 21:17
Heard that govt will house almost all foreign workers in Jurong! Hence the massive infrastructure there. We should just let the foreign workers live peacefully in 1 place instead of despising them, especially those who said they stinks when taking the MRT... They work in Jurong, live in Jurong, then will not be despised by those irresponsible comments! :tsk-tsk:

Over 50km of MRT track that connects to Jurong Industrial Estates?

Its either government is planning to have more people living in other region to work in Jurong, or they are building more dormitories in order region.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230613_427283507341891_1979246098_n.png

Ringo33
05-10-13, 21:39
Heard that govt will house almost all foreign workers in Jurong! Hence the massive infrastructure there. We should just let the foreign workers live peacefully in 1 place instead of despising them, especially those who said they stinks when taking the MRT... They work in Jurong, live in Jurong, then will not be despised by those irresponsible comments! :tsk-tsk:

Its either you have hearing problem or you have been conned.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing but it shoud be fine if you are feeding headless troll

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/services-forms/passes/Commercial%20Dormitory.pdf

Ringo33
05-10-13, 21:43
when u cannot sell/rent out yr Jgateway at yr desired $ tat time I see u feel breath taking or breathless -_-

P/S : I tink u bit bit sua ku leh, cos all the displays for various loc in HDB hub looks similar or even better :D

Noticed how childish your post has become? Remember not too long ago this same troll was tellin me not to talk about j gateway in other thread.

Tod you to give up you don't wanna listen.

Ringo33
05-10-13, 21:51

And btw don't need to call foreign workers stink just because ccr property is crumbling. Only goes to show how small a man you are. an old man calling himself teddy bear? You sure you are not some kind of pedophile or man child?

Regulators
05-10-13, 22:47
What did the ENT specialist say about your nose? Maybe ur nose problem is a blessing in disguise, can rent ur little box to anybody with kambing n taik smell also no problem :D

And btw don't need to call foreign workers stink just because ccr property is crumbling. Only goes to show how small a man you are. an old man calling himself teddy bear? You sure you are not some kind of pedophile or man child?

mermaid
05-10-13, 23:15
Noticed how childish your post has become? Remember not too long ago this same troll was tellin me not to talk about j gateway in other thread.

Tod you to give up you don't wanna listen.

yr usual practice when u r unable to defend yr stand:
1. ask ppl to read yr signature;
2. Brand ppl as troll
so now got a 3rd one is childish? :doh:

What did the ENT specialist say about your nose? Maybe ur nose problem is a blessing in disguise, can rent ur little box to anybody with kambing n taik smell also no problem :D

tis is a cyberworld. how can one be sure of another person's gender, let alone race :D

k00L
05-10-13, 23:51
Its either you have hearing problem or you have been conned.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing but it shoud be fine if you are feeding headless troll

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/services-forms/passes/Commercial%20Dormitory.pdf

I guess you didnt my earlier posts

There are estimated 300k+ of foreign workers living in Jurong dormitories -
Jurong Lodge, Kian Teck Dormitory, SCAL Lekar, Terusan Lodge, Westlite Tuas Lodge, Blue Stars Dormitory, Jurong Penjuru Dormitory 1&2, Jurong Penjuru, Soon Lee Lodge, GreenField Dormitory, SCAL Soon Lee

The number of foreign workers are expected to increase due to the further buildup of Tuas shipyard and port facilities - spoken to few institutional funds - they are keen to explore dorm estate management- The JLD will provide good quality of lifestyle with Westgate and JEM. Win-Win situation for JLD and FT!

proper-t
05-10-13, 23:56

Breath.. 'cough' 'cough'... taking indeed....

http://www.singaporevisitorguide.com/PhotoImages/Jurong_Island_Refineries_by_night_byShinyThings.jpg
Jurong Island

http://www.zerowastesg.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ip-and-landfill.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/proper-t/jurong_zpsd992f1a8.jpg

mermaid
05-10-13, 23:57
There are estimated 300k+ of foreign workers living in Jurong dormitories -
Jurong Lodge, Kian Teck Dormitory, SCAL Lekar, Terusan Lodge, Westlite Tuas Lodge, Blue Stars Dormitory, Jurong Penjuru Dormitory 1&2, Jurong Penjuru, Soon Lee Lodge, GreenField Dormitory, SCAL Soon Lee

The number of foreign workers are expected to increase due to the further buildup of Tuas shipyard and port facilities - spoken to few institutional funds - they are keen to explore dorm estate management- The JLD will provide good quality of lifestyle with Westgate and JEM. Win-Win situation for JLD and FT!

omg! tis is terrible! worse den little india!
wonder will more n more sporeans move out of jurong onot?

Lowi
06-10-13, 00:43
Actually you got it wrong. Government has already decided to spend multi billion dollar to build the cross region MRT line to allow people living in the central, north and east region travelling to seek employment in the western region.

And if you dont know, western region is a really big place, from JLD to Tuas is about the same distant as JLD to City. So when you say far, you might want to be more specific about which part of Jurong is far.

I was referring to all the talk about "toxic fumes" etc... If it affects the western part but not the rest of the island then I would think the distance is so great that an airport would be in order... I'm not really talking about the distance per se... :D:D

DKSG
06-10-13, 00:49

That is a breathtaking view worth no more than $1,6xx psf !!!

If this kinda of view is breathtaking, I suspect the viewer got asthama!

DKSG

DKSG
06-10-13, 00:52
omg! tis is terrible! worse den little india!
wonder will more n more sporeans move out of jurong onot?

You mean the secret meaning of JLD is Jurong Lake Dormintories !

Very smart of the government to name it in such a double meaning way.

But technically speaking, it is right to move all the foreign workers to form an enclave in Jurong. So that they can work, play, party all at the same location! Save money bringing them to other areas.

This is indeed "breathtaking" !

DKSG

walkthetiger
06-10-13, 01:01

http://www.singaporevisitorguide.com/PhotoImages/Jurong_Island_Refineries_by_night_byShinyThings.jpg
Jurong Island

Living at the highest floor to be reminded of the "fire-work" every night? Btw, probably biggest oil refinery in the world. Seriously, how to be proud of this?

DKSG
06-10-13, 01:10
Living at the highest floor to be reminded of the "fire-work" every night? Btw, probably biggest oil refinery in the world. Seriously, how to be proud of this?

This is not all, while Jurong has some here and there so called plans, wait till you see the Jurong Island plans, this photo is nothing man!

When you see how they are going to reclaim even more land to build even more refineries and other super duper heavy industries, together with Jurong Lake Dormintories forming, breathtaking will be an understatement. Check out the Shell plans, this is just the beginning of the Jurong Island story. An even more compelling story because of all the hungry MNCs speeding up all the constructions!

When they move the ports over to the far west, if people know the kinda oil they are burning in the ships, people will at the first opportunity MOVE OUT!

DKSG
PS : Breathtaking - A brand new definition!

walkthetiger
06-10-13, 01:26
This is not all, while Jurong has some here and there so called plans, wait till you see the Jurong Island plans, this photo is nothing man!

When you see how they are going to reclaim even more land to build even more refineries and other super duper heavy industries, together with Jurong Lake Dormintories forming, breathtaking will be an understatement. Check out the Shell plans, this is just the beginning of the Jurong Island story. An even more compelling story because of all the hungry MNCs speeding up all the constructions!

When they move the ports over to the far west, if people know the kinda oil they are burning in the ships, people will at the first opportunity MOVE OUT!

DKSG

American will not want it near/next to their Manhattan.

hopeful
06-10-13, 01:35
guys, u r doing it again. just to score points against JG, u are condemning the whole of Jurong.

hopeful
06-10-13, 01:37

Jurong Island

this must be the main reason why capitaland is not moving to JLD. once the CEO see that JLD is at the epi-centre, decided that his health is not worth it.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 06:37
I guess you didnt my earlier posts

Since my post was directed at his comment that government is going to house ALL foreign workers in Jurong. So you are Teddybear in disguise I presume?

And again, if you MTB or are lousing money in your property investment, please dont blame it on foreigner workers. They are here to make a living and contribute to our economy and their presence are everywhere in Singapore not just in Jurong. So you should learn to be a man stop talking about foreign workers because is make you look like sissy or some kind of uneducated man child.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 07:16

DKSG

DKSG, as a self proclaim property investors, I am just surprise that you could actually bring yourself to this level of trolling in the forum. This kind of post is only good enough to feed headless troll, and anyone who still have a functional brain will simply RFLOL

Jurong plan here or there? Perhaps your inability to think straight is making you feel that way. The plan for Jurong so concrete that its areadly a work in progress and government and developers have already invested billions of dollar into it.

As for the cheap talk about air pollution, I am sure we all know that air pollution is something which can be quantified, so its not surprising that all the troll could do is to make up their stories and create VORTEX in the epic center of Jurong region. LOL

Want proof for JLD plan?

Jurong Lake District

The land around the Jurong East MRT station will be developed into the main commercial hub of the West Region. To be known as the Jurong Gateway, it will offer an excellent mix of office, retail, residential, hotel, entertainment, F&B and other complementary uses. When fully developed, the regional centre will have more than 750,000 sqm of commercial space and a working population of at least 40,000. Already, Jurong Entertainment Centre is undergoing redevelopment, and a new warehouse retail development known as Big Box, is under construction.

Next door, Jurong Lake will see a major transformation into a must-visit leisure destination for locals and tourists. It will be different from other tourism areas in Singapore. There will be the new Science Centre as well as other facilities such as hotels and F&B. Jurong Country Club will also be developing a new golf resort hotel.

http://singaporenewlaunch1.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BT_IMAGES_JURONG5.jpg

http://newlaunchatsg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Jurong-Gateway-map.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20130611_JLJJEM_3697075e.jpg

http://inside.capitaland.com/images/static/stories/articles/2012/feb12_01_leisure.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/20130727/NgTengFongTwo2707e.jpg

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/image/741660/1373544082000/large16x9/768/432/genting-singapore-jurong.jpg

http://sin.gapore.com/pics/t/398.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8022/7358264680_f716af4e9c_z.jpg

http://www.where2golf.com/uploadedImages/Products/Courses_NEW_2/Jurong-3c.gif

Wunderkind
06-10-13, 08:13
Bro Ringo,

Thanks for sharing the facts of JLD . It is pointless to convince those who refuse to see the growth potential of JLD.

5 years on, the truth will bear out. Sceptics only believe when they see it real.

mermaid
06-10-13, 09:39
this must be the main reason why capitaland is not moving to JLD. once the CEO see that JLD is at the epi-centre, decided that his health is not worth it.

West de pollution level is slightly higher den central, not tat vast diff. however, I suppose one shd be mindful of the LT effect. Imagine one stay n work in jurong for 30yrs.

mermaid
06-10-13, 09:49
That is a breathtaking view worth no more than $1,6xx psf !!!

If this kinda of view is breathtaking, I suspect the viewer got asthama!

DKSG

I dun mind paying a premium to get higher flrs if they hv magnificient views of fireworks, MBS or spore flyers etc ....
But if it is merely to hv a bird's eye view of buildings, HDBs, I see no point for the add'l premium, cos no selling point.

lajia
06-10-13, 09:57
From what u say, I know you are not knowing what is going on in JLD....I'm not going to dispute that if u come back with whatever...;)

And with regards to pollution, I already pointed out the NEA site and still, ppl will come out with something non factual and nonsense....:2cents:

If u are not going to like JLD like some of u, it is fine to present facts so that it will benefits the general public, but not giving some non factual stuffs that will confuse ppl. :2cents:

There are still a lot of stuffs not announced yet....u will have more then one Clark query, waterfront hotel, future attractions....

U can go on just like some of u....no issues, ppl can see, not here to argue. I'm out. Be wise...:2cents:

I dun mind paying a premium to get higher flrs if they hv magnificient views of fireworks, MBS or spore flyers etc ....
But if it is merely to hv a bird's eye view of buildings, HDBs, I see no point for the add'l premium, cos no selling point.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 10:01
CIS
http://data.finalsite.com/CF33/canadianis/data/media/display/41436.jpg

Dulwich College
http://www.stasiareport.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20130208_SDDULWICH08_3517562e.jpg

Japanese schools
http://www.sjs.edu.sg/wpho/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/00645_00000.jpg

River Valley High
http://www.kohbrothers.com/flashxml/coverflowfx/project/river_valley_high_school/image_01.jpg

Rulang Primary School
http://www.rulangpri.moe.edu.sg/images/rulang_primary_school_facade_panoramic.jpg

Nan Hua Primary school
http://www.h88.com.sg/schools/nan_hua_primary_school/images/nan_hua_primary_school_00001.JPG

Ngee Ann Polytechnic
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/48024157.jpg

Singapore Polytechnic
http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/1_1e.jpg

NTU
http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/SCE/pakdd2006/images/ntu_aerial1.jpg

NUS
http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/NUS%20-%20Kent%20Ridge%20campus.jpg

Ringo33
06-10-13, 10:04

J Gateway $1700psf Rental Yield >4%
MBR >$3000psf Rental Yield <2.5%

If you are not a premium player, then please dont act or talk like one.

DKSG
06-10-13, 10:09

Actually, taking a closer look at the Jurong plans, it is not difficult to realise that Jurong is merely catching up with the rest of the OCRs. Look at Jurong Plan, Punngol Plan, Tampines Plan, Woodlands Plan, they are merely building more residential and offices.

We should take note that everywhere in Singapore also got plans. Property values will appreciate evenly in the long run. The smart ones are people who realise that Jurong selling at $800 psf is very cheap compared to the other part of the country.

But once Jurong starts to selling at above place like Bishan/Thomson/Bartley (way above hor!), we know that the so-called plans are oversold.

DKSG

mermaid
06-10-13, 10:11
From what u say, I know you are not knowing what is going on in JLD....I'm not going to dispute that if u come back with whatever...;)

And with regards to pollution, I already pointed out the NEA site and still, ppl will come out with something non factual and nonsense....:2cents:

If u are not going to like JLD like some of u, it is fine to present facts so that it will benefits the general public, but not giving some non factual stuffs that will confuse ppl. :2cents:

U can go on just like some of u....no issues, ppl can see, not here to argue. I'm out. Be wise...:2cents:

There are still a lot of stuffs not announced yet....u will have more then one Clark query, waterfront hotel, future attractions....

which part of my view on paying a premium for high flrs is non factual/confusing to others?
dun anyhow quote my post for the sake of cannot accepting the fact tat not all ppl buy the story of Jgateway is not overpriced & still got unlimited growth potential of JLD ppty.

DKSG
06-10-13, 10:14

Think about this, those who can afford to buy MBR will NEVER consider a Jurong MM.

Those who compare Jurong MM and say got higher yield then MBR, confirm is in no position to talk about or comment whether others are premium or not ... Office Boy is a Bronze Player.

DKSG

mermaid
06-10-13, 10:15

so, the message tat u r bringing across is :
invest in Jgateway like u is a premium player?!
Oh! 失敬,失敬!

lajia
06-10-13, 10:15
Ignorant is ok, but don't act wise...ppl say kiang lo ho, mai kay kiang.....

Tampines and punggol got waterfront hotel?, got science centre? Got bird park nearby? Got golf course? Got waterfront F&B bigger than clark query?? Before u compare or even learn how to compare, think twice...so if Hillview is selling at 16xx for their MM, then JLD 15Xx is under price....is this correct? Anyway, good for u....continue...:rolleyes:

Actually, taking a closer look at the Jurong plans, it is not difficult to realise that Jurong is merely catching up with the rest of the OCRs. Look at Jurong Plan, Punngol Plan, Tampines Plan, Woodlands Plan, they are merely building more residential and offices.

We should take note that everywhere in Singapore also got plans. Property values will appreciate evenly in the long run. The smart ones are people who realise that Jurong selling at $800 psf is very cheap compared to the other part of the country.

But once Jurong starts to selling at above place like Bishan/Thomson/Bartley (way above hor!), we know that the so-called plans are oversold.

DKSG

chestnut
06-10-13, 10:16
which part of my view on paying a premium for high flrs is non factual/confusing to others?
dun anyhow quote my post for the sake of cannot accepting the fact tat not all ppl buy the story of Jgateway is not overpriced & still got unlimited growth potential of JLD ppty.

Which new or old condo sells premium for higher floor???? (those that don't see marina sands, fireworks???? That's the part that is confusing to me....

chestnut
06-10-13, 10:18
Think about this, those who can afford to buy MBR will NEVER consider a Jurong MM.

Those who compare Jurong MM and say got higher yield then MBR, confirm is in no position to talk about or comment whether others are premium or not ... Office Boy is a Bronze Player.

DKSG

Brudder, I can afford mbr leh.... I can consider jurong leh...

:ashamed1:

proper-t
06-10-13, 10:18
With so many new buildings and workers, I wonder how much more waste will be generated? Where will all this waste be taken to?

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/proper-t/tuas_zps6a1c2ec1.jpg

http://app.mewr.gov.sg/web/Contents/Contents.aspx?ContId=1696

ESSENTIAL TO HEALTH

Ensuring good air quality safeguards public health and is an important component of our quality of life.

As a city develops, air pollutants are inevitably produced. Without control measures, increased urbanisation and industrialisation threaten to degrade our air quality. While our air quality is relatively good as compared to major cities, our levels of sulphur dioxide and fine particulate matter, such as PM2.5, remain a concern.

PM2.5 refers to fine air particles that measure less than 2.5 micrometres in diameter. These air particles are often found in dirt, dust and soot, and are dangerous to health because they can lodge deep in our lungs.

DKSG
06-10-13, 10:20
Brudder, I can afford mbr leh.... I can consider jurong leh...

:ashamed1:

That means u haven reach Premium la!
Just Gold maybe.

DKSG

DKSG
06-10-13, 10:22
With so many new buildings and workers, I wonder how much more waste will be generated? Where will all this waste be taken to?

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b566/proper-t/tuas_zps6a1c2ec1.jpg

http://app.mewr.gov.sg/web/Contents/Contents.aspx?ContId=1696

Wow! new facilities in Jurong !
Can add that to the Jurong Plans!

DKSG

chestnut
06-10-13, 10:25
That means u haven reach Premium la!
Just Gold maybe.

DKSG

Brudder, u will be surprised... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

So a person who has a mbr 1bedroom is premium??? And a person who has 2000sq ft in RCR is gold????

So a person who has a old Lamborghini is richer than a person who doesn't drive???

Brudder, u are too influenced by "show".....

Please - life is not always about what u have .....

:D:D:D

proper-t
06-10-13, 10:26
This was posted in Reach feedback site not too long ago and the reply from Reach Admin

http://www.reach.gov.sg/YourSay/DiscussionForum/tabid/101/mode/3/Default.aspx?ssFormAction=%5B%5BssBlogThread_VIEW%5D%5D&tid=%5B%5B13305%5D%5D

Is there harmful air pollution in Jurong?

13 Aug 2013, 12.30AM
8 comments & replies (http://www.reach.gov.sg/YourSay/DiscussionForum/tabid/101/mode/3/Default.aspx?ssFormAction=%5B%5BssBlogThread_VIEW%5D%5D&tid=%5B%5B13305%5D%5D#comment) |by Guest | Air, Sea and Land, My Habitat (http://www.reach.gov.sg/YourSay/DiscussionForum/tabid/101/cid/9/Default.aspx?ssFormAction=[[ssBlogThread_LISTING]])

Last night at about 6 pm, as I and my son walk passed the coffee shop at Blk 965 Jurong West. We witnessed 3 dead pigeons on the floor in front of the coffee shop. When went were on our way back, we saw 1 dead sparrow there too, but someone has cleared the pigeons. First thing that hits my mind is, did any of the chemical plant discharged hazardous chemical gas at Jurong?. What else can killed those birds. Not one or two, but four birds.
Can the NEA please verify? I am just concern how this supposed air pollution will harm my family as we are staying here?

REACH Administrator
14 Aug 2013, 6.18PM

Dear Contributor,

Reply from NEA is appended for your information.

==============

Dear Sir/Mdm,

We refer to your query.

NEA has air monitoring stations in the West and there were no unusual readings detected during that period, which could have caused the pigeons’ death.

Thank you and Regards,
Pollution Control Department • National Environment Agency

mermaid
06-10-13, 10:26
You mean the secret meaning of JLD is Jurong Lake Dormintories !

Very smart of the government to name it in such a double meaning way.

But technically speaking, it is right to move all the foreign workers to form an enclave in Jurong. So that they can work, play, party all at the same location! Save money bringing them to other areas.

This is indeed "breathtaking" !

DKSG

I dunno the secret behind JLD la. Basically not interested to spend too much time analysing overpriced projects wif limited upscale potential.

But fm wat I see,in tne past, they relocated cemetery/funeral palours stuffs away fm places such as bishan, bidadari, n now intention to make east an airhub & west as a seahub, I suppose the message is quite clear. Govt wants to make central a residential hub.

k00L
06-10-13, 10:32
Expats will read this and form their own conclusion.

Is there study on link between air pollution and respiratory ailments in Jurong?

The sight of a towering pillar of billowing smoke from a fire at a plant in Jurong Island recently must have caused a lot of concern among many Jurong residents.

The first images was posted on Straits Times' Stomp website within minutes after the smoke appeared at 11am, thanks to alert members of the public.

One notes in the news report of Sunday Times that an official release from ExxonMobil, which could have allayed public concerns, was issued only 12 hours later, when most newspapers would have gone to print.

This is not something one would expect from a responsible corporate citizen. This late response by the company raises many questions.

Like, what would have happened if toxic gases were released? What precautions would residents need to take if this was the case? Are there any evacuation measures if the accident turns out to a serious one? Were members of the public warned to keep away from Jurong Island because of the fire (in case of explosions)?

More importantly, where would one find such information?

My wife noted that my daughter's asthmatic condition seemed to get worse whenever we detected strange, sometimes pungent, smells apparently from the occasional plant discharge in Jurong.

Has the National Environment Agency (NEA) and health authorities done any studies to determine if there's any correlation between such emissions and the number of respiratory complaints at polyclinics in the area, for example?

I have woken up in the middle of the night to be greeted by the smell and had to close the windows and turn on the air-conditioning and ionisers in the bedrooms.

Should the NEA look into setting up a news alert with an email option on its website which can inform residents of Jurong about impending plant emissions, especially if they are due to scheduled maintenance, so that we can take precautions for the sake our families' health?

Companies which have to release emissions into the environment, planned or otherwise, should inform the NEA in advance for such information to be posted on this website.

Finally, can the NEA also assure us that an accident similar to that of Union Carbide in Bhopal, India would not happen here given the large number of petrochemical plants in Jurong Island located close to the homes of hundreds of thousands of Jurong residents?

Leow Aik Jiang

DKSG
06-10-13, 10:33
I dunno the secret behind JLD la. Basically not interested to spend too much time analysing overpriced projects wif limited upscale potential.

But fm wat I see,in tne past, they relocated cemetery/funeral palours stuffs away fm places such as bishan, bidadari, n now intention to make east an airhub & west as a seahub, I suppose the message is quite clear. Govt wants to make central a residential hub.

I dont think we are keen to analyse OVERPRICED projects.

Central is certainly the residential hub.

Shall we with this post stop post on this thread simulataneously ?

Leave the Jurong sales agent alone.

Hahaaa!

DKSG

mermaid
06-10-13, 10:34
[QUOTE=chestnut;435553]Which new or old condo sells premium for higher floor???? (those that don't see marina sands, fireworks???? That's the part that is confusing to me....[/QU

I tink u misunderstood me. premium here dun mean gdwill on ppty wif spectacular views.

Take a mm in sky vue for eg. The higher flrs r easily $100k more exp den the lower flr. In such instant, I feel it is not worth paying 'a premium more'.

DKSG
06-10-13, 10:37
More new value added services for Jurong !
Got new alert on Jurong Island emissions!
Can know which refinery is doing maintenance and will splurt out toxic fumes!

DKSG

Quote:
Is there study on link between air pollution and respiratory ailments in Jurong?

The sight of a towering pillar of billowing smoke from a fire at a plant in Jurong Island recently must have caused a lot of concern among many Jurong residents.

The first images was posted on Straits Times' Stomp website within minutes after the smoke appeared at 11am, thanks to alert members of the public.

One notes in the news report of Sunday Times that an official release from ExxonMobil, which could have allayed public concerns, was issued only 12 hours later, when most newspapers would have gone to print.

This is not something one would expect from a responsible corporate citizen. This late response by the company raises many questions.

Like, what would have happened if toxic gases were released? What precautions would residents need to take if this was the case? Are there any evacuation measures if the accident turns out to a serious one? Were members of the public warned to keep away from Jurong Island because of the fire (in case of explosions)?

My wife noted that my daughter's asthmatic condition seemed to get worse whenever we detected strange, sometimes pungent, smells apparently from the occasional plant discharge in Jurong.

Has the National Environment Agency (NEA) and health authorities done any studies to determine if there's any correlation between such emissions and the number of respiratory complaints at polyclinics in the area, for example?

I have woken up in the middle of the night to be greeted by the smell and had to close the windows and turn on the air-conditioning and ionisers in the bedrooms.

Should the NEA look into setting up a news alert with an email option on its website which can inform residents of Jurong about impending plant emissions, especially if they are due to scheduled maintenance, so that we can take precautions for the sake our families' health?

Companies which have to release emissions into the environment, planned or otherwise, should inform the NEA in advance for such information to be posted on this website.

Finally, can the NEA also assure us that an accident similar to that of Union Carbide in Bhopal, India would not happen here given the large number of petrochemical plants in Jurong Island located close to the homes of hundreds of thousands of Jurong residents?

Leow Aik Jiang

chestnut
06-10-13, 10:37
[QUOTE=chestnut;435553]Which new or old condo sells premium for higher floor???? (those that don't see marina sands, fireworks???? That's the part that is confusing to me....[/QU

I tink u misunderstood me. premium here dun mean gdwill on ppty wif spectacular views.

Take a mm in sky vue for eg. The higher flrs r easily $100k more exp den the lower flr. In such instant, I feel it is not worth paying 'a premium more'.

Ok:D:D:D

amk
06-10-13, 11:15

I have a tenant in bt timah, who works in jurong island. Chemical engineer. rental is 6-7k range. He has no kids so no need to be near international schools. Rent is much higher than jurong, yet he chooses to live far from jurong.

Actually the target tenants of jurong projects especially MMs are different. They need to work in Jurong, and they have limited budget, so they have to be in jurong. I have no doubt really to find tenants for Jgway. That will not be a problem. This caters for this segment.

It's the capital gain that is the issue. Bishan 8 started at 1100psf, also has no problem finding tenants, but you are stuck for 15yrs before seeing any capital gain. Is this what you want as an investment pty ?

lajia
06-10-13, 12:24
there are a few individuals in this forum who are constantly bashing jurong just because of their investiment out of jurong...dont get biase with your opinion. And he who says expat is reading this forum, you are rite...he can see a few clowns trying all their means to say jurong is lousy, jurong is cheap, blah blah blah...dont get biased, be neutral and uphold the spirit...i know u guys are free and rich, if u continue to do this, then this forum is doomed....with a lot of nonsense and a few individual bashing one another...:2cents:

More new value added services for Jurong !
Got new alert on Jurong Island emissions!
Can know which refinery is doing maintenance and will splurt out toxic fumes!

DKSG

Quote:

Leow Aik Jiang

DaytonaSS
06-10-13, 12:26

Jurong Island

Freaking HELL I M IMPRESSED BRO!! LOL alot of hidden tigers here.

mermaid
06-10-13, 12:47

Tampines and punggol got waterfront hotel?, got science centre? Got bird park nearby? Got golf course? Got waterfront F&B bigger than clark query?? Before u compare or even learn how to compare, think twice...so if Hillview is selling at 16xx for their MM, then JLD 15Xx is under price....is this correct? Anyway, good for u....continue...:rolleyes:

Punggol got hit $17xx psf meh?
which proj?

mermaid
06-10-13, 13:00
there are a few individuals in this forum who are constantly bashing jurong just because of their investiment out of jurong...dont get biase with your opinion. And he who says expat is reading this forum, you are rite...he can see a few clowns trying all their means to say jurong is lousy, jurong is cheap, blah blah blah...dont get biased, be neutral and uphold the spirit...i know u guys are free and rich, if u continue to do this, then this forum is doomed....with a lot of nonsense and a few individual bashing one another...:2cents:

judging merely by tis sweeping post of yrs alone alrdy revealed how intelligent, unbias and logical u r :2cents:

as to who react defensively when they r not receptive of others comments on the cons of Jgateway/Jurong & resort to bashing of others ... I believe everyone has eyes to see n poses the intellect high enuff to analyse.

Allthepies
06-10-13, 13:24

DKSG

I'm just a humble nobody in the West but i say Investment is all about rental yield to justify the price you pay....talking about price appreciation is merely speculation, it as good as predicting whether stock market will go up or down. But I guess the people here are loaded with cash, so buying a few based on speculation is Ok to them.

lajia
06-10-13, 13:59
did i mention S$17XX psf in Punggol?

i said...a few individuals, is that a sweeping statement? I'm not going into this again. :)

Punggol got hit $17xx psf meh?
which proj?

mermaid
06-10-13, 14:54
did i mention S$17XX psf in Punggol?

i said...a few individuals, is that a sweeping statement? I'm not going into this again. :)

Nope, but U meant to tell us tat punggol in a lousy loc is oso very pricey.
u mentioned tampines as well. No doubt tat the pricing is exp. But did we see hdb in tamp surpassing Bishan, Redhill etc?
Is there 1 mil hdb in tamp or not?

lajia
06-10-13, 15:02
now i doubt your ability to interpret....its ok. :)

u mentioned tampines as well. No doubt tat the pricing is exp. But did we see hdb in tamp surpassing Bishan, Redhill etc?

DKSG
06-10-13, 16:00

If people cannot understand Jurong prices vis-a-vis Bishan/Thomson/Redhill, how can they understand the prices between Punggol and Bishan/Thomson/Redhill ?

If Punggol and Bishan same price, think it doesnt take a lot of consideration to decide to buy Punggol or Bishan.

DKSG

teddybear
06-10-13, 16:26
Not sure about other people, I sure don't want to live beside the Science Centre, or bird park, or zoo, or hotels, or heavy industrial estates... :doh:

teddybear
06-10-13, 16:28
It is the not yet measured or not measured pollution that makes people worried over the long term, and we know there are lots of these in Jurong and its nearby Jurong Island & Tuas area... :rolleyes:

West de pollution level is slightly higher den central, not tat vast diff. however, I suppose one shd be mindful of the LT effect. Imagine one stay n work in jurong for 30yrs.

teddybear
06-10-13, 16:36
This question is too specific, don't think anybody can/will tell the real things or pay to do the study, so don't bother.

What we can conclude at least is that:

1) higher pollution is bad for people with respiratory ailments, especially those with asthma, or sensitive noise.

2) Other than those measured in PSI, etc, heavy industries and release other gases that are generally not measured and reflected in PSI. These are in general damaging to humans' health.

3) Nobody knows the long-term effects of the above 2 because there are just no comprehensive studies done, and nobody is willing to fork out the money to do it.

4) If a long-term study is going to be done and proved to be damaging, what is going to happen to all those housing estates and properties in near proximity of all these heavy industries / plants / etc? Who want to pay for their residents' relocations, health damages, medical bills, etc?

Leow Aik Jiang

Ringo33
06-10-13, 16:37

Who is this Leow Aik Jiang? i read he also KPKB about bukit brown development as well. Is JLD plan going to be canned because of Leow Aik Jiang?

Is this the best you could offer?

Ringo33
06-10-13, 16:41
This question is too specific, don't think anybody can/will tell the real things or pay to do the study, so don't bother.

What we can conclude at least is that:

1) higher pollution is bad for people with respiratory ailments, especially those with asthma, or sensitive noise.

2) Other than those measured in PSI, etc, heavy industries and release other gases that are generally not measured and reflected in PSI. These are in general damaging to humans' health.

3) Nobody knows the long-term effects of the above 2 because there are just no comprehensive studies done, and nobody is willing to fork out the money to do it.

4) If a long-term study is going to be done and proved to be damaging, what is going to happen to all those housing estates and properties in near proximity of all these heavy industries / plants / etc? Who want to pay for their residents' relocations, health damages, medical bills, etc?

I read you have been talking about pollution in this forum for years and every time you keep repeating the same old thing which are not back by any scientific studies

If you are so passionate about the well being of people living, working studying in the west, may I suggest that you write a thesis about it and publish on your blog, or write to NEA as for explanation.

until then please stop polluting this forum, its very unhealthy to excite the troll unnecessarily.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 16:44
If people cannot understand Jurong prices vis-a-vis Bishan/Thomson/Redhill, how can they understand the prices between Punggol and Bishan/Thomson/Redhill ?

If Punggol and Bishan same price, think it doesnt take a lot of consideration to decide to buy Punggol or Bishan.

DKSG

Jurong is a commercial center, Bishan is a ex cemetery residential estate.
If you want to compare Jurong at least compare it to Tampines or something lah.

And btw, Jurong is many many times the size of Bishan, so you might want to be more specific which part of Jurong you are comparing.

proud owner
06-10-13, 17:10

DKSG

just wondering

some older condos along RV also $15xx psf or slightly lower ...
so will people buy Bishan knowing RV psf is lower than bishan ?

proud owner
06-10-13, 17:19

a lot of that smell can be unbearable...

a lot of any smell is also unbearable...

I used to hold my breath in the morning when the elevator is packed with office girls, each with her own brand of perfume .... disgusting concoction

proud owner
06-10-13, 17:21

example ...De' Leedon ?

premium 99 LH condo with HDB view for some

proud owner
06-10-13, 17:32

DKSG

you are correct ... between Punggol and Bishan ... its easy to make a decision ...

becos both are HDB estate and residential ....

But comparing JLD and Bishan ... bro they are different category leh ...
that's why I mentioned before JLD is a growth story ...

Bishan is a buy to stay and be satisfied with no 'nothing much can happen here'

Regulators
06-10-13, 17:47
Other places hv already had their growth story n hence hv reached matured pricing. Jgateway is selling at matured pricing + x% markup when surrounding area not fully developed. Those who bought jgateway r thinking the price they paid has a big upside due to JLD, but it doesn't take a genius to see that the huge disparity between jgateway launch prices n the prices of surrounding projects is a strong indication that JG buyers are paying future pricing.

you are correct ... between Punggol and Bishan ... its easy to make a decision ...

becos both are HDB estate and residential ....

But comparing JLD and Bishan ... bro they are different category leh ...
that's why I mentioned before JLD is a growth story ...

Bishan is a buy to stay and be satisfied with no 'nothing much can happen here'

Regulators
06-10-13, 18:12
Bishan hdb flats hv all along had a higher valuation than hdb flats in whichever part of jurong without a doubt. The gap between hdb n condo pricing in jurong is far wider than in bishan, so for jurong condo to sell higher than bishan, the question on whether prices of pc in jurong is sustainable comes into the picture. If a buyer tells ppl he paid $1600psf for D9, it is in everybody's psyche to think that is cheap, if a buyer tells people he pays $1600psf for jurong, the natural reaction is "wah, so expensive ah!!!". Jld or no jld, this will be the fact for jurong in years to come. As many forumers hv pointed out, $1700psf will only be the accepted norm for jurong if prime districts are selling significantly higher. Only a fool like some people will think that jld growth story is the biggest hoohah in sg history n only jurong properties will move n nothing else in sg.

DKSG

lajia
06-10-13, 18:22
Oh really?? So 1600psf for D9 is cheap....all these has a time frame attached to it. it depends on which time frame, don't stay in the past....look forward la. My last D9 was purchased at 1000psf, so anyone paying higher than that is a clown rite?? Want to ask me how long ago?? Try your best friend...

Bishan hdb flats hv all along had a higher valuation than hdb flats in whichever part of jurong without a doubt. The gap between hdb n condo pricing in jurong is far wider than in bishan, so for jurong condo to sell higher than bishan, the question on whether prices of pc in jurong is sustainable comes into the picture. If a buyer tells ppl he paid $1600psf for D9, it is in everybody's psyche to think that is cheap, if a buyer tells people he pays $1600psf for jurong, the natural reaction is "wah, so expensive ah!!!". Jld or no jld, this will be the fact for jurong in years to come. As many forumers hv pointed out, $1700psf will only be the accepted norm for jurong if prime districts are selling significantly higher. Only a fool like some people will think that jld growth story is the biggest hoohah in sg history n only jurong properties will move n nothing else in sg.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 18:24

The fundamental flaw in this your justification is that.

1) Jurong is a very huge region, and its many time bigger than Bishan. If you want to compare bishan HDB price then perhaps you should compare it to Jurong East Toh Guan area instead of plucking price from Taman Jurong or far flung of Jurong West.

2) There is no point telling us that Bishan price is higher than Jurong because we all know that. What is more relevant to any investors today is which district has got better growth potential and this can always be quantified by looking at the price appreciation of property in Bishan vs Jurong East over the past 12 months.

3) The only story which you are selling Bishan is that Bishan prices are historically high. and thats it. So the question is, it that good enough to match the price growth of property around JLD?

Again, this can be quantified by looking at historical price growth and also the up and coming development in both district.

4) Lastly, why the sudden urge to compare Bishan to JLD? Why not before? If Bishan is so great, I am sure you must have invested in Bishan yourself instead of clinging on to your old LH bukit Batok condo?

So if you are so free why not track the property prices of both area and then make a fair comparison instead of firing empty bullets all the time. What this forum need are facts , not noise.

Regulators
06-10-13, 18:56
You hv rightly mentioned timeframe. So the current timeframe tells us JG is overpriced relative to prime districts so those buying JG must really be having a fever.

How do u like ur own goal? :D

Oh really?? So 1600psf for D9 is cheap....all these has a time frame attached to it. it depends on which time frame, don't stay in the past....look forward la. My last D9 was purchased at 1000psf, so anyone paying higher than that is a clown rite?? Want to ask me how long ago?? Try your best friend...

lajia
06-10-13, 19:27
hahaha....really...your mindset is now and past, of course over price for u la. and if your mindset is in future, is it over price?? I dont know but that what im trying to say, why u guys keep saying over price, your time frame is different....dont waste your time la. Argue until cow come home and few yrs later when u look back, u might say, shit, I should have bought!!! Waste so much time arguing over nonsense...:2cents:

You hv rightly mentioned timeframe. So the current timeframe tells us JG is overpriced relative to prime districts so those buying JG must really be having a fever.

How do u like ur own goal? :D

mermaid
06-10-13, 19:32
It is the not yet measured or not measured pollution that makes people worried over the long term, and we know there are lots of these in Jurong and its nearby Jurong Island & Tuas area... :rolleyes:

den it boils down to 1 qn: wat's the incentive of investing? not as if it is cheap. The same or higher yield/capital appreciation can be obtained in other areas.

mermaid
06-10-13, 19:37
example ...De' Leedon ?

premium 99 LH condo with HDB view for some

eg Sky Vue.
Premium as in paying more for very high flrs. SV case abt 100k more for mm as it is 37 stories.

mermaid
06-10-13, 19:45
hahaha....really...your mindset is now and past, of course over price for u la. and if your mindset is in future, is it over price?? I dont know but that what im trying to say, why u guys keep saying over price, your time frame is different....dont waste your time la. Argue until cow come home and few yrs later when u look back, u might say, shit, I should have bought!!! Waste so much time arguing over nonsense...:2cents:

timeframe as in we shd compare diff projects at the same time.
Eg JG at $1700psf now is exp when compared wif all proj across the whole island but it is considered as the norm if one is talking abt eg 5 yrs later. But SV wun be juz 1500psf 5 yrs later wor.

Regulators
06-10-13, 19:57
As mentioned, JG is overpriced relative to prime district, I never said it is overpriced for no reason. Having JG priced at $1700psf is unhealthy for the sg pty mkt in general. Are u saying rental px not moving much n pty pxs keep going up is healthy?

Ringo33
06-10-13, 19:58
eg Sky Vue.
Premium as in paying more for very high flrs. SV case abt 100k more for mm as it is 37 stories.

Its good that you finally name a project. So according to you Sky Vue, upon TOP will have higher capital appreciation and rental yield than J Gateway.

But since you only registered your account in Mar 2013, so I am not optimistic that you will still be hanging around in this forum using this account in 3 years time.

Maybe by then, you will flip over and say that I told you J Gateway has better potential.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 19:59
As mentioned, JG is overpriced relative to prime district, I never said it is overpriced for no reason. Having JG priced at $1700psf is unhealthy for the sg pty mkt in general. Are u saying rental px not moving much n pty pxs keep going up is healthy?

Comparing the price of one rambutan to on durian?

MM in Orchard near MRT >$3000psf.

Stop feeding the troll!!

mermaid
06-10-13, 20:02
just wondering

some older condos along RV also $15xx psf or slightly lower ...
so will people buy Bishan knowing RV psf is lower than bishan ?

Older condos will always be cheaper den new launches. If u wan to compare, I tink it is more appropriate to compare old condos of RV vs old condos of Bishan.
Or alternatively, u may wan to compare RV resi vs SV.

Jonathan0503
06-10-13, 20:05

J gateway rental yield >4%?

Factual or just your speculation?

mermaid
06-10-13, 20:06
Its good that you finally name a project. So according to you Sky Vue, upon TOP will have higher capital appreciation and rental yield than J Gateway.

But since you only registered your account in Mar 2013, so I am not optimistic that you will still be hanging around in this forum using this account in 3 years time.

Maybe by then, you will flip over and say that I told you J Gateway has better potential.

not to worry, I dun behave in the same manner as u :)

Regulators
06-10-13, 20:10
When orchard started selling at $3000psf; jurong new launches were only going at $500-600psf. So JG launch px increase two fold means Orchard should increase to $6000+psf ? U surely can't be expecting JG to continue the climb to $2000+psf n not seeing prime districts moving up if that is what u r hallucinating. If price not moving up for prime in the next few years, think u should sweat with your JG "investment".

Comparing the price of one rambutan to on durian?

MM in Orchard near MRT >$3000psf.

Stop feeding the troll!!

Ringo33
06-10-13, 20:32
When orchard started selling at $3000psf; jurong new launches were only going at $500-600psf. So JG launch px increase two fold means Orchard should increase to $6000+psf ? U surely can't be expecting JG to continue the climb to $2000+psf n not seeing prime districts moving up if that is what u r hallucinating. If price not moving up for prime in the next few years, think u should sweat with your JG "investment".

a) When did Orchard started selling at $3000psf? Which project, what unit size
b) When was Jurong new launch selling at $500-600psf? Which project, what unit size?

Stop feeding the troll!!

Ringo33
06-10-13, 20:36
not to worry, I dun behave in the same manner as u :)

So lets be clear. Am I right to say that you are betting Sky Vue in Bishan will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compare to J gateway when both project TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Yes or No?

Regulators
06-10-13, 22:25
What an ignorant question n waste of time answering. Go ask any pty agent :doh:

b) When was Jurong new launch selling at $500-600psf? Which project, what unit size?

Stop feeding the troll!!

mermaid
06-10-13, 22:36
So lets be clear. Am I right to say that you are betting Sky Vue in Bishan will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compare to J gateway when both project TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Yes or No?

kaoz! Dun tell me after all the series of debates u still 搞不清楚状况! :doh: wasted all my time typing all tis while! u go n ask tat patient dksg to explain to u.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 22:37
What an ignorant question n waste of time answering. Go ask any pty agent :doh:

You been caught throwing darts in the dark again. What a shame.

Talk is cheap until you are being ask to back up what you said.

Don't feed the toll.

Ringo33
06-10-13, 22:41
kaoz! after all the series of debate u still 搞不清楚状况! :doh: wasted all my time typing all tis while! u go n ask tat patient dksg to explain to u.

It's a yes or no Question don't need to hide behind the bushes.

You sing so much praise about Bishan and sky vue but got no confidence about its potential?

You are a big joke.

mermaid
06-10-13, 22:59
It's a yes or no Question don't need to hide behind the bushes.

You sing so much praise about Bishan and sky vue but got no confidence about its potential?

You are a big joke.

u seem to hv great difficulties comprehending the message tat ppl hv been emphasing again & again sibeh jialat :doh: tink b4 u ask! asking daft qns reflects very badly on oneself.

k00L
06-10-13, 23:17
I have a tenant in bt timah, who works in jurong island. Chemical engineer. rental is 6-7k range. He has no kids so no need to be near international schools. Rent is much higher than jurong, yet he chooses to live far from jurong.

Actually the target tenants of jurong projects especially MMs are different. They need to work in Jurong, and they have limited budget, so they have to be in jurong. I have no doubt really to find tenants for Jgway. That will not be a problem. This caters for this segment.

It's the capital gain that is the issue. Bishan 8 started at 1100psf, also has no problem finding tenants, but you are stuck for 15yrs before seeing any capital gain. Is this what you want as an investment pty ?

Mr AMK, thanks for sharing, Bt Timah is leafy pristine neighbourhood - in fact, the government wants to keep this lush greenery so much that mature trees are protected under Parks and Tree Act (section 216).

This is why it remains so popular with expats - especially so for a chemical engineer who needs to give his lung a break from Jurong Island.

So I think it is fair to say that (if budget allows) expats would avoid areas with highest concentration of refineries, waste/toxic material warehouses, incinerators, and heavy industries.
To earn a typical MM 4% return on $17xx/psf is very tough.

Yes, you are very smart and made a very shrewd observation on the unrealistic valuation of JG.
The current industrial land in jurong is one of the cheapest
The current dormitories in jurong is one of the cheapest
The current median resale HDBs in jurong is below 50th percentile
The current median office rentals in jurong is below 50th percentile of sub-urban office.
Even genting paid at most $600k/room (land+building+refurbish cost) for Jurong hotel, though on high side but actually a steal when compared to most recent 1.4mm/room transaction for grand park hotel in orchard.

If you see valuations of other Jurong real estate not catching up as fast as JG, it means something is not quite right....

I never doubt JLD will be a growth story - and there are better ventures to reap this growth. If JG owners can make 10%, the rest of Jurong real estate owners will make double easily.

DKSG
07-10-13, 00:08
kaoz! Dun tell me after all the series of debates u still 搞不清楚状况! :doh: wasted all my time typing all tis while! u go n ask tat patient dksg to explain to u.

Mermaid summoned me ! I am here !

I have given up hope educating people who cannot understand the following :
Bishan/Thomson selling at $1,4xx-$1,5xx, those who paid $1,6xx-$1,7xx for Jurong MM overpaid BIG TIME!

One of the favorite argument is also big units vs small units. In any normal development, big small units price variances typically DO NOT exceed 15%. But for some Jurong MM, developers whack the MM buyers BIG TIME!

People should go more showflats (I always persuade serious investors to go showflat and learn). Check out all the pricelist of SV, Thomson Three, One Balmoral, and whatever launching now la, QBay, SkyWoods, etc etc. Understand the pricing between 5th floor 1,2,3 BR and see the price variances. Understand floor premium and how developer price per floor. I better say exclude ground floor and penthouses, their pricing got other formula which I dont feel like sharing here with one or two ungrateful people... other readers keen to know can PM me. I very willing to share.

Per floor pricing can only be different if say in East Coast, Meyerise, or Aalto, say above 12th floor then got decent seaview, etc.

Ceteris Peribus, 4 years later, price increase in Bishan will be much better than the Jurong MM at $1,6xx-$17xx. Reason ? Because people buy cheaper la! Why people buy cheaper ?

Then back to the basic property investment principle which that one or two person cannot understand lor! That Newton is more expensive than Novena than Balestier. Jurong will be cheaper than Clementi, than Bouna Vista, then Queenstown, than Redhill.

Ok la! Enough of FOC education for those who visit too few showflats.

DKSG

Ringo33
07-10-13, 05:34
u seem to hv great difficulties comprehending the message tat ppl hv been emphasing again & again sibeh jialat :doh: tink b4 u ask! asking daft qns reflects very badly on oneself.

Aiyo, you talk talk talk talk so much about how good and superior is bishan and sky vue over JG, but when ask if you are betting that SV will have higher capital apprecation and rental yield over JG when both project TOP, you start choking? I thought you already said that JG pricing already factor in ALL future potential of JLD. If so, why so scared? Just say YES loh.

Is this a classic case of ALL SHIT NO FART (As EBD put it?) :doh::doh:

Honestly, you should feel disgraceful for yourself and the entire family of TROLLS. Are you some kind of DKSH bootlicker or something?? OR perhaps just a poor little blind sheep following the herd that make the most noise?

SHAME SHAME!!

Ringo33
07-10-13, 05:38

Bishan/Thomson selling at $1,4xx-$1,5xx, those who paid $1,6xx-$1,7xx for Jurong MM overpaid BIG TIME!

One of the favorite argument is also big units vs small units. In any normal development, big small units price variances typically DO NOT exceed 15%. But for some Jurong MM, developers whack the MM buyers BIG TIME!

People should go more showflats (I always persuade serious investors to go showflat and learn). Check out all the pricelist of SV, Thomson Three, One Balmoral, and whatever launching now la, QBay, SkyWoods, etc etc. Understand the pricing between 5th floor 1,2,3 BR and see the price variances. Understand floor premium and how developer price per floor. I better say exclude ground floor and penthouses, their pricing got other formula which I dont feel like sharing here with one or two ungrateful people... other readers keen to know can PM me. I very willing to share.

Per floor pricing can only be different if say in East Coast, Meyerise, or Aalto, say above 12th floor then got decent seaview, etc.

Ceteris Peribus, 4 years later, price increase in Bishan will be much better than the Jurong MM at $1,6xx-$17xx. Reason ? Because people buy cheaper la! Why people buy cheaper ?

Then back to the basic property investment principle which that one or two person cannot understand lor! That Newton is more expensive than Novena than Balestier. Jurong will be cheaper than Clementi, than Bouna Vista, then Queenstown, than Redhill.

DKSG

Wah, SUPER Troll coming to rescue the baby troll. LOL!!

Dont need to talk talk talk talk so much.

Are you saying that when both Sky Vue and J Gateway TOP, SV will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compared to JG?

YES OR NO?

teddybear
07-10-13, 08:20
Rental is a function of price. For sure SV will command higher capital gain vs J Gateway based on purchase of $13xx psf and $16xx psf! :p

Wah, SUPER Troll coming to rescue the baby troll. LOL!!

Dont need to talk talk talk talk so much.

Are you saying that when both Sky Vue and J Gateway TOP, SV will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compared to JG?

YES OR NO?

mermaid
07-10-13, 09:22
Rental is a function of price. For sure SV will command higher capital gain vs J Gateway based on purchase of $13xx psf and $16xx psf! :p

I tot tis logic is very idiot proof ... still nid to explain in such elaboration meh? :doh:

mermaid
07-10-13, 09:27
Aiyo, you talk talk talk talk so much about how good and superior is bishan and sky vue over JG, but when ask if you are betting that SV will have higher capital apprecation and rental yield over JG when both project TOP, you start choking? I thought you already said that JG pricing already factor in ALL future potential of JLD. If so, why so scared? Just say YES loh.

Is this a classic case of ALL SHIT NO FART (As EBD put it?) :doh::doh:

Honestly, you should feel disgraceful for yourself and the entire family of TROLLS. Are you some kind of DKSH bootlicker or something?? OR perhaps just a poor little blind sheep following the herd that make the most noise?

SHAME SHAME!!

tsk, tsk, tsk ... juz look at how u behave :doh:
agitated, defensive, derogative ...

is tis a repercussion of overpayment? :D

mermaid
07-10-13, 09:35
Understand floor premium and how developer price per floor.

wat's the cheapest increase per floor u can find in the market (ever encounter < $3k per level?) & wat's the "norm" of per storey incremental most developers r charging?

heard tat some projects got huge increment in prices for the 8th storey. if hv no special views, y would a person be willing to pay for tat?

Ringo33
07-10-13, 10:42

Please stop making fun of mermaid lah. Why rub salt into his wound.

Ringo33
07-10-13, 10:44
tsk, tsk, tsk ... juz look at how u behave :doh:
agitated, defensive, derogative ...

is tis a repercussion of overpayment? :D

Please don't waste our time diverting from the subject. Yes or no?

Talk so much cannot even answer simply question. What a shame

Ringo33
07-10-13, 10:45
I tot tis logic is very idiot proof ... still nid to explain in such elaboration meh? :doh:

He is pulling your leg and you dont even knw it. Wah Lao this is classic

elmo
07-10-13, 10:53

DKSG

The premium for MM vs. bigger units is large and getting larger. This is developer way of extracting maximum value out of properties investors due to the cooling measures etc. It has never reduced and has been increasing since MM is introduced. This premium will be the first and fastest to correct in a downturn. I recall reading a US article (manhattan) that small units are very hard to sell during a downturn. During a downturn, it might be wise to pick up a couple of MMs since the premium will grow again during an upturn. I strongly believe the 7% ABSD for Singaporeans are temporary. I will wait at least for this cooling measure to be removed before investing.

hopeful
07-10-13, 11:30
Mr AMK, thanks for sharing, Bt Timah is leafy pristine neighbourhood - in fact, the government wants to keep this lush greenery so much that mature trees are protected under Parks and Tree Act (section 216).

This is why it remains so popular with expats - especially so for a chemical engineer who needs to give his lung a break from Jurong Island.

wah, that chemical engineer would do better than staying in bkt timah area.
trees consume oxygen at night le.
his brain already ravaged by industrial pollutants, then he have to suffer oxygen deprivation at night also. :)

hopeful
07-10-13, 11:32
a lot of that smell can be unbearable...

a lot of any smell is also unbearable...

I used to hold my breath in the morning when the elevator is packed with office girls, each with her own brand of perfume .... disgusting concoction

if you dont focus on the smell, within minutes, you would not notice anymore.
if focus on cleavages, you would forget about the smell much much faster.
u still in NY right?

mermaid
07-10-13, 11:51

u prefer to inhale a mixture of chapalang perfumes, or a mixture of natural, healthy scent? hahaha :o

if focus on cleavages, you would forget about the smell much much faster.
u still in NY right?

provided tat the cleavages is not too scary in the 1st place. imagine wat will happen if u see a lady wif hairy chest?!?! :D

Ringo33
07-10-13, 11:59
u prefer to inhale a mixture of chapalang perfumes, or a mixture of natural, healthy scent? hahaha :o

provided tat the cleavages is not too scary in the 1st place. imagine wat will happen if u see a lady wif hairy chest?!?! :D

MERMAID, dont side track leh.

After all the BIG TALK about superior Bishan and Sky Vue,

Am I right to say that you are betting Sky Vue in Bishan will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compare to J gateway when both project TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Yes or No?

amk
07-10-13, 12:04
...err...
Orchard Residences sells way above 3k , in 2007-2008.
Caspian selling $500-600 around beginning of 2009.

actually not sure what angle you want to look ?

mermaid
07-10-13, 12:11
MERMAID, dont side track leh.

After all the BIG TALK about superior Bishan and Sky Vue,

Am I right to say that you are betting Sky Vue in Bishan will achieve higher capital gain and rental yield as compare to J gateway when both project TOP in about 3 to 4 years time.

Yes or No?

I hv given u an answer more than 1 time & u still dun get it. u made me feel very stupid to repeat the same answer again & again & again ...

I dun wan to end up like dksg liddat repeating the same old stuff machiam a faulty cassette tape recorder, hahaha ...

u believe onot ... even if I repeat myself 1 more time, u will still be chasing me around the forum, asking the same qn 4 yrs later :doh:

hopeful
07-10-13, 12:11
the pricing structure for SV and JG mms are different.

JG mm start from a high base, but the increment per floor is quite low, 3-5k. hence at top floor, JG MM is abt 17xx.
the range is tight.

SV mm start for a low base, but the increment per floor is quite high, 10-15k at higher floors. hence at top floor, SV MM is abt 19xx.

on lower floors, SV MM is cheaper, but on higher floors, SV MM is more expensive than JG MM.

capitaland is like sacrificing profits on the lower floors, but i am wondering how capitland can sell the higher psf MMs.

Ringo33
07-10-13, 12:12
...err...
Orchard Residences sells way above 3k , in 2007-2008.
Caspian selling $500-600 around beginning of 2009.

actually not sure what angle you want to look ?

Not sure actually. Just asking for fun.

mermaid
07-10-13, 12:18
SV mm start for a low base, but the increment per floor is quite high, 10-15k at higher floors. hence at top floor, SV MM is abt 19xx.

so the qn fm a potential buyer will be " wat type of view am I paying for?"