PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 17:43
Please enlighten us what facts he used to substantiate that jgateway is a good buy? Are you going to use centris as example like what he did? We are eagerly awaiting for you to show us those facts.

i feel that there is nothing wrong with Ringo33. whatever he said is supported by lots of facts and his analysis. is up to individual to believe. he provided quite informative data which is quite interesting.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 17:47
Please enlighten us what facts he used to substantiate that jgateway is a good buy? Are you going to use centris as example like what he did? We are eagerly awaiting for you to show us those facts.

Appreciate if you can stop trolling around in this thread. And may I remind you AGAIN that this thread is about JLD property and it is clearly mentioned from the the first post, so please stop hijacking this thread for your own agenda or creating silly polls.

And if insist that JLD has got no potential, then please start your own thread to tell the forum.

Simi
09-04-14, 17:57

Dear Patrick
why are you pressurizing ay123 ?

what he posted is that he find Ringo postings informative and interesting

Even if Ringo do post old news, cut and paste or whatsoever

It is still news and we do appreciate his efforts on keeping this thread updated

Ringo33
09-04-14, 17:58
Caspian 1 bedder rental transaction in Jan 2014 at $2800 per month.

Assuming at same rent, J Gateway 474sqft unit at $1700psf, rental yield will be 4.2%.

This is FACT

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 18:03
Dear admin,

This is the third time ringo33 launching personal attack on me after your warning message. He accused me of creating a poll when I have not created any poll in the forum. I am discussing the potential of property in jld (known as jgateway) but he is trying to stop me. Please help us to stop his harassing behaviour n nuisance behaviour.

Thank you

Appreciate if you can stop trolling around in this thread. And may I remind you AGAIN that this thread is about JLD property and it is clearly mentioned from the the first post, so please stop hijacking this thread for your own agenda or creating silly polls.

And if insist that JLD has got no potential, then please start your own thread to tell the forum.

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 18:05
You said assuming same rent, jgateway not even TOP yet, how can that be a fact? Do you realise you are making yourself a joke yet again? Nobody is attacking you now, you are slapping yourself on the face.

Assuming at same rent, J Gateway 474sqft unit at $1700psf, rental yield will be 4.2%.

This is FACT

astroboy8681
09-04-14, 18:07

This is FACT

chio ka peng... you managed to find the needle in the haystack by almost exhausting yourself does not mean you need to trumpet to all owners everyone will enjoy 4-5% rental yield, conservatively...

a needle is a needle, not hay... simple theorem don't understand....

even admin gave up on you....:D

Ringo33
09-04-14, 18:12
I have started a new thread on Why you should NOT invest in the West.

So for those who dislike property in the west, please continue to do so in this thread so that it will be easier for investor to read through your FACTS and argument.

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?p=472295#post472295

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 18:19
Dear admin,

When ringo33 start a thread n tell us to go there, is it mandatory for us to go there? Do we have the free will to post in any thread or do we have to listen to ringo33? Your reply to this is appreciated.

Thank you

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 18:45
Have you seen a similar discussion in hardware zone? I am not a member there but someone here is mentioned there...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/wat-extent-do-you-buy-jld-story-4505045.html

chio ka peng... you managed to find the needle in the haystack by almost exhausting yourself does not mean you need to trumpet to all owners everyone will enjoy 4-5% rental yield, conservatively...

a needle is a needle, not hay... simple theorem don't understand....

even admin gave up on you....:D

wildxyz
09-04-14, 19:10
i feel that there is nothing wrong with Ringo33. whatever he said is supported by lots of facts and his analysis. is up to individual to believe. he provided quite informative data which is quite interesting.

Agreed!
:cheers5:

CondoWE
09-04-14, 21:45
Have you seen a similar discussion in hardware zone? I am not a member there but someone here is mentioned there...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/wat-extent-do-you-buy-jld-story-4505045.html

hahaha..typically anti-JLD here trying to lure HWZ member to support them here ....:rolleyes:!

Ringo33
09-04-14, 22:08
hahaha..typically anti-JLD here trying to lure HWZ member to support them here ....:rolleyes:!

should try reading the earlier reviews of Jgateway on propertyguru.
You can certainly tell where the reviewers got his motivation from.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/j-gateway-21670

mamamee88
09-04-14, 22:28
Dear admin,

When ringo33 start a thread n tell us to go there, is it mandatory for us to go there? Do we have the free will to post in any thread or do we have to listen to ringo33? Your reply to this is appreciated.

Thank you

There are always two sides to a coin so if you are holding controversial view with Ringo33 about JLD development/property issues, it will be interesting to hear your view....but can we focus more on the matter and not on personal attack?

Play on a fair field. Don't keep asking admin and give him pressure. I hope ringo33 can still stay on and continue to show his passionate views on the west. Maybe only time can tell who has better foresight on the JLD in near future.

Ringo33
09-04-14, 22:40
Now its very high.

What are the chances of Singapore KL highspeed rail stopping at Jurong Gateway??

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tender-process-for-kl-s/808910.html

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=429645&postcount=950

Ringo33
09-04-14, 22:46
Chestnut, what did I tell you the last time? :)

Beware!! :D

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=431529&postcount=970

Patrickstar
09-04-14, 23:04
Have you read his posts n attacks on other forumers? How would you like if a forumer keeps harassing you by saying you are someone else n accusing you of having fake account n tell you to swear by your parents? If such characters were in a more regulated forum, they would have been booted out ages ago. There is a reason why he has so many haters. If I accuse you of being a clone of ringo33, you going to take it lying down? Trolls like him have no purpose in life other than trolling. You try asking him to substantiate why jgateway is a good investment quantitatively n you get back nonsense from him. Several forumers have asked him to justify why paying $1700psf for his puny one bedder at jgateway is a good investment n to date he has come up with only fart. Since you are new here, take your time to sieve through his garbage posts.

There are always two sides to a coin so if you are holding controversial view with Ringo33 about JLD development/property issues, it will be interesting to hear your view....but can we focus more on the matter and not on personal attack?

Play on a fair field. Don't keep asking admin and give him pressure. I hope ringo33 can still stay on and continue to show his passionate views on the west. Maybe only time can tell who has better foresight on the JLD in near future.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 08:16
This announcement will set off a new wave of buying spree for property in Jurong area. What will come next will be big announcement on the potential IR or Theme Park of JLD.

Like I said before BEWARE!! This going to be BIG!!

PM Lee: Jurong East a 'very attractive' option
Govt is studying it as a possible site for the S'pore-KL High Speed Rail station
BY LEE U-WEN
[email protected]
PUBLISHED APRIL 10, 2014

[SINGAPORE] SITING the terminal station of the planned High Speed Rail (HSR) linking Singapore and Kuala Lumpur in Jurong East is a "very attractive" option that the Singapore government is currently studying, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

"I have told (Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak), in Singapore we have three sites possible, but Jurong East is one very attractive one which we are considering," said Mr Lee at the Istana during a roundtable discussion with a group of newspaper editors on Tuesday.

The full transcript of the closed-door session, organised by the Bangkok-based Asia News Network (ANN), was released by Mr Lee's office last night.

Earlier in the week after his annual retreat with Mr Najib in Putrajaya, Mr Lee had revealed that the three sites being considered in Singapore were Jurong East, Tuas West and the city centre.

Mr Najib, meanwhile, confirmed that Malaysia will host its terminal station in Bandar Malaysia near Sungai Besi.

In the ANN interview, Mr Lee stressed that there was much work still to be done as the HSR project takes shape.

"Many aspects have to be studied and discussed and agreed upon. But if we can get the High Speed Rail between Singapore and KL built, whether it is (by) 2020 or whether it is a bit later, I think it will make a very big difference to the connection between two very vibrant cities, in the way you can do business together, in the way you can travel up (and) down, the convenience of it," he said.

Singapore and Malaysia have set a 2020 deadline to complete the 320km to 340km rail project, which will shuttle passengers from Singapore to KL in just 90 minutes.

Key areas such as how the HSR will be built, the engineering involved, the financing models, governance and legal framework have all yet to be worked out, said Mr Lee.

"These are all very complicated to do even in one country, but to do in two countries, and to work it all out in what would be quite a compressed time frame, I think will test our teams," he said.

When asked by a Malaysian editor if Singapore and Malaysia would select a committee to run the project or if a private company would do so, Mr Lee would only say that this was another issue that would need to be addressed.

In the wide-ranging session, Mr Lee was quizzed on issues including the political turmoil in Thailand, the haze problem that plagues South-east Asia every year, and his experience with the use of social media such as Facebook.

When asked about his own political future and how long he planned to remain as Singapore's prime minister, Mr Lee said that leaders should stay as long as they are able to make a contribution.

"In Singapore, we pay a lot of attention to succession planning and making sure that we have a new team ready, and new leaders who are capable of taking charge, so that the country can move ahead and the leaders can be in sync with the country," he said.

"I can't say exactly how long I am staying, but I am 62 years old and that's not young," said Mr Lee.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/pm-lee-jurong-east-very-attractive-option-20140410

sunrise
10-04-14, 08:47
Beware, it bark all day.

teddybear
10-04-14, 08:48
Ha ha ha! You know what is call managing expectations and not saying a BIG NO NO up front????????
Obvious Malaysia want HSR terminal to be in Singapore City Centre, but that is a big NO NO to Singapore.

So to Malaysia, their 2nd best choice is in Jurong East, but is that what Singapore govt wanted and willing to pay for it, not to consider sovereignty issues? Do you think they will allow the same like Tanjong Pagar train station to happen again?!

I think from cost-benefits analysis, only Tuas West fit the bill. Let's wait for further analysis report to come out and see, no point speculating further................ :rolleyes:

This announcement will set off a new wave of buying spree for property in Jurong area. What will come next will be big announcement on the potential IR or Theme Park of JLD.

Like I said before BEWARE!! This going to be BIG!!

Ringo33
10-04-14, 09:15
Ha ha ha! You know what is call managing expectations and not saying a BIG NO NO up front????????
Obvious Malaysia want HSR terminal to be in Singapore City Centre, but that is a big NO NO to Singapore.

So to Malaysia, their 2nd best choice is in Jurong East, but is that what Singapore govt wanted and willing to pay for it, not to consider sovereignty issues? Do you think they will allow the same like Tanjong Pagar train station to happen again?!

I think from cost-benefits analysis, only Tuas West fit the bill. Let's wait for further analysis report to come out and see, no point speculating further................ :rolleyes:

If your view .on mm and ocr were any good I would have take you seriously.

Your thought is a good assurance that hsr will end at jld.

Kam sia

mamamee88
10-04-14, 10:26
Have you read his posts n attacks on other forumers? How would you like if a forumer keeps harassing you by saying you are someone else n accusing you of having fake account n tell you to swear by your parents? If such characters were in a more regulated forum, they would have been booted out ages ago. There is a reason why he has so many haters. If I accuse you of being a clone of ringo33, you going to take it lying down? Trolls like him have no purpose in life other than trolling. You try asking him to substantiate why jgateway is a good investment quantitatively n you get back nonsense from him. Several forumers have asked him to justify why paying $1700psf for his puny one bedder at jgateway is a good investment n to date he has come up with only fart. Since you are new here, take your time to sieve through his garbage posts.

I don't follow Ringo33 threads or postings so closely. I only select and read information pertaining to property matters that might interest me and help in my personal property investments & planning.

If someone will to accuse me as a clone of ringo33, I will just make my stand and if he keeps bugging on it, I'll just ignore him totally since it's a false accusation. Pointless to loose the cool, right?

If the concern is on multiple clones accounts, then maybe admin can consider to improve it by allowing only valid email address for each member joining and disallow creation of member account based on webmail like gmail/yahoo/etc.

Yes, I'm new to this forum. So I will continue to open my eyes BIG BIG to read the threads and hope to get some tips/leads that will be helpful in my investment. :p

ay123
10-04-14, 10:39

I do not see the need to show you the facts. I just find his post very informative and useful. I appreciate Ringo33’s effort for the in-depth analysis. In fact there is no need to argue whether his post is fact or fiction. You just need to go to Jurong and see yourself. From government’s JLD development announcement till now were less than 7 years and you can see:-
1. Two big shopping Malls
2. Big Box retailer coming up
3. Hotel coming up
4. Hospital coming up
5. Jurong Regional line announcement
6. JCube revamp
7. Canadian International School
8. Revamp Science Centre
Before all these…..there is only a pathetic IMM but now is so different. These developments already tell you government’s commitment to JLD development. This is unlike the Punggol plan. Is more than 10 years from government’s announcement but look at how much development there.
We must change our mindset and stop thinking of Ulu Jurong anymore. We must keep up with the changes in Jurong and look forward to the new Jurong look.
:D

eng81157
10-04-14, 10:42
I do not see the need to show you the facts. I just find his post very informative and useful. I appreciate Ringo33’s effort for the in-depth analysis. In fact there is no need to argue whether his post is fact or fiction. You just need to go to Jurong and see yourself. From government’s JLD development announcement till now were less than 7 years and you can see:-
3. Hotel coming up
4. Hospital coming up
6. JCube revamp
8. Revamp Science Centre
Before all these…..there is only a pathetic IMM but now is so different. These developments already tell you government’s commitment to JLD development. This is unlike the Punggol plan. Is more than 10 years from government’s announcement but look at how much development there.
We must change our mindset and stop thinking of Ulu Jurong anymore. We must keep up with the changes in Jurong and look forward to the new Jurong look.

like i've always said, no one here is rubbishing jurong. what we are rubbishing is the unsubstantiated arguments about J-gateway, as posted by a certain moron

e.g. would you equate the presence of blue fin tuna to heightened demand for a property?

sunrise
10-04-14, 11:21
3. Hotel coming up
4. Hospital coming up
6. JCube revamp
8. Revamp Science Centre

It happen to be a small player blowing his trumpet too loud. To have peace "keep the dog down" to change for the better.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 11:58
He has claimed this thread is to discuss about property in JLD, hence jgateway comes to the picture. The reason why we have a keen interest to discuss about this project because it stands out like a sore thumb for being the most expensive project in jurong. You claim that ringo33 has shown you lots of facts and insight so I was merely asking you what facts has he shown you regarding jgateway being a good investment since you mentioned that joker supports with facts. If you are going to tell me the facts are pertaining to the development going on in jurong, such news we can find it everywhere on the Internet no need for him to report. What we want to hear is his concrete justification for why paying $1700psf would make his investment a good one.

3. Hotel coming up
4. Hospital coming up
6. JCube revamp
8. Revamp Science Centre

xebay11
10-04-14, 12:03
He has claimed this thread is to discuss about property in JLD, hence jgateway comes to the picture. The reason why we have a keen interest to discuss about this project because it stands out like a sore thumb for being the most expensive project in jurong. You claim that ringo33 has shown you lots of facts and insight so I was merely asking you what facts has he shown you regarding jgateway being a good investment since you mentioned that joker supports with facts. If you are going to tell me the facts are pertaining to the development going on in jurong, such news we can find it everywhere on the Internet no need for him to report. What we want to hear is his concrete justification for why paying $1700psf would make his investment a good one.

Actually why do you care? Who are you to him? Did you lend him money? Just tune out the rubbish and hear only the good things, like the Class 95 FM ad.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 12:07
Do you know the purpose of a forum? I think you don't? :sleep:

Actually why do you care? Who are you to him? Did you lend him money? Just tune out the rubbish and hear only the good things, like the Class 95 FM ad.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 12:21
Those who have nothing substantial to add to this thread should stop posting here because this thread are meant for those who have keen interest in making money not getting involve.in.some nonsensical popularity poll.

Owner in the west Huat Ah

sunrise
10-04-14, 12:43
Those who have nothing substantial to add to this thread should stop posting here because this thread are meant for those who have keen interest in making money not getting involve.in.some nonsensical popularity poll.

Owner in the west Huat Ah

beware! From pasir panjang whole stretch to eastcoast park to be transform to waterfront living. The west will continue to keep the junk. Watch closely they moving the unwanted to JLD.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 12:49
There are people who talk up a district just to make their investment look good so...

BEWARE!!!!!!

xebay11
10-04-14, 13:05
Do you know the purpose of a forum? I think you don't? :sleep:

Maybe I don't know but I do know that it is definitely not for personal attacks.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 13:27
It's never a good sign when you start to see forummers signing up new forum account to use for personal attack.

Take patrickstar for example. This thread was started long before he sign up and instantly he want to dictate what can or cannot be post here.to the extend of saying I am harressing him

When a person has too much ego trip they always end up.doing dispicable things just to bring others down.

Glad the admins is aware if that and locking the silly poll is sure a good step in the right direction

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 13:48
You are a lousy liar and you know it. I have never dictated what others can or cannot post here, you are the one doing that.

You claim to be a person of facts but you have no facts to justify anyone having multiple accounts here and yet you continue to insist, isn't this a form of harrassment? You derive pleasure harrassing others by saying a person is someone else and even want them to swear by their parents and children, just think for a moment whether you are indeed a nutcase for doing so. If you can wager your parents and children everytime there is an online issue, I can't imagine what kind of person you are in real life. Whenever your friends in the real world challenge you to something, you going to bet on the lives of your parents and children? YOu must be the most obnoxious character I have ever met in the forum trying to disguise yourself as a saint.

It's never a good sign when you start to see forummers signing up new forum account to use for personal attack.

Take patrickstar for example. This thread was started long before he sign up and instantly he want to dictate what can or cannot be post here.to the extend of saying I am harressing him

When a person has too much ego trip they always end up.doing dispicable things just to bring others down.

Glad the admins is aware if that and locking the silly poll is sure a good step in the right direction

dudick
10-04-14, 13:56

Dun think anybody can have concrete justification that an investment is good or bad because nobody know the future.

What we can do is based on the info that we have on hand and for JLD case, the Gov is developing the place and even move a ministry there. Have to admit it does look very rosy for JLD at the moment.

There are many against Jurong due to the heavy industries there but from what i can see on the map, J gateway at Jurong east is nearer to bukit timah than to those heavy industries located at tuas and jurong island

Hopefully to see more objective discussion here

ay123
10-04-14, 14:02

actually what kind of justification do you want to see? do u need a spreadsheet that show how to derive the $1700psf? investment involve foresight & risk taking. there is no formula that tell you which project is a good investment. if everything can be proven by precise facts everyone will huat big time. the surrounding development is the facts for the justification. likewise when developer buy the land at certain price they are betting on future development and not current sentiment. it involve risk as well......

Ringo33
10-04-14, 14:05
Dun think anybody can have concrete justification that an investment is good or bad because nobody know the future.

What we can do is based on the info that we have on hand and for JLD case, the Gov is developing the place and even move a ministry there. Have to admit it does look very rosy for JLD at the moment.

There are many against Jurong due to the heavy industries there but from what i can see on the map, J gateway at Jurong east is nearer to bukit timah than to those heavy industries located at tuas and jurong island

Hopefully to see more objective discussion here

Did you notice the air pollution thread I started is extremely quiet. Wonder where those experts goes to?

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 14:20
When Jgateway was priced at $1700psf, the blueprint for JLD was already out long before that and all that has already been priced into the project, doesn't take a property savvy person to tell you that. What is left is to determine the value of the investment from the price. If Jgateway is unlikely to achieve the same capital gain in percentage terms as centris or caspian from launch to TOP, why are some people using that as an example to state the investment potential of Jgateway? For Jgateway to experience the same growth as these two projects mentioned, the selling price on TOP has to be $3400psf, you think that is possible or are you going to tell me we don't know what the future holds?

actually what kind of justification do you want to see? do u need a spreadsheet that show how to derive the $1700psf? investment involve foresight & risk taking. there is no formula that tell you which project is a good investment. if everything can be proven by precise facts everyone will huat big time. the surrounding development is the facts for the justification. likewise when developer buy the land at certain price they are betting on future development and not current sentiment. it involve risk as well......

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 14:22
Why are you talking to me about personal attacks, you should tell that to the thread starter. :rolleyes:

Maybe I don't know but I do know that it is definitely not for personal attacks.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 14:25
When Jgateway was priced at $1700psf, the blueprint for JLD was already out long before that and all that has already been priced into the project, doesn't take a property savvy person to tell you that. What is left is to determine the value of the investment from the price. If Jgateway is unlikely to achieve the same capital gain in percentage terms as centris or caspian from launch to TOP, why are some people using that as an example to state the investment potential of Jgateway? For Jgateway to experience the same growth as these two projects mentioned, the selling price on TOP has to be $3400psf, you think it possible or are you going to tell me we don't know what the future holds?

When j gateway was launch you are not even in this forum. So after reading what others have discussed here you are now say you very smart and savvy you know it all?

Can you quote us something you.posted here that is savvy please.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 14:33
Did I say I was savvy by reading what others post and did I even say I was savvy? Notice you like to put words into people's mouths when you are cornered.

You have yet to answer us why you kept using centris and caspian as example to justify jgateway's investment potential? Please don't sidetrack and talk about other issue other than this.

(Warning to other readers first Coz ringo33 is going to sidetrack from the above question)

When j gateway was launch you are not even in this forum. So after reading what others have discussed here you are now say you very smart and savvy you know it all?

Can you quote us something you.posted here that is savvy please.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 14:48
You have yet to answer us why you kept using centris and caspian as example to justify jgateway's investment potential? Please don't sidetrack and talk about other issue other than this.

If you need the ask that sort of questions that means you are really not in the game for property and I believe Regulators have asked me the same question many times before.

1) when YOU and your fellow troll who come to this thread to talk rubbish, you always like to talk about J Gateway $1700psf, which is the price transacted for some MM unit that is <500sqft

2) If an investor who wishes to get a feel of the demand for MM rental in the West, it is very natural that they will look for MM unit rental to compare instead of 2 bedder or 3 bedder.

So Mr. Savvy, can you tell us which TOP project in D22 that has got MM units for rent at this moment?

Again, I am not expecting you are to satisfy with this answer, you are going reply by asking stupid questions like how do you know for sure J Gateway that is located in the heart of Jurong Gateway will command the same rental as other development.

So please spare us all you nonsensical questions and I would appreciate if you can banned yourself from this forum. And if you wish to set up a new forum account, please dont come to this thread because you will end up asking the same stupid question again.

AND BTW, I wish to just remind you that, when J Gateway was launch, you are not even in this forum, so whatever you know about JLD are all yesterday news, so please dont try to convince yourself that you are SAVVY.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 14:56
As expected sidetrack and personal attacks from you (the biggest troll in this forum)...

Answer the question why you kept using centris and caspian to justify jgateway being a good investment? We can't read your mind so you have to tell us why you use this comparison.

If you need the ask that sort of questions that means you are really not in the game for property and I believe Regulators have asked me the same question many times before.

1) when YOU and your fellow troll who come to this thread to talk rubbish, you always like to talk about J Gateway $1700psf, which is the price transacted for some MM unit that is <500sqft

2) If an investor who wishes to get a feel of the demand for MM rental in the West, it is very natural that they will look for MM unit rental to compare instead of 2 bedder or 3 bedder.

So Mr. Savvy, can you tell us which TOP project in D22 that has got MM units for rent at this moment?

Again, I am not expecting you are to satisfy with this answer, you are going reply by asking stupid questions like how do you know for sure J Gateway that is located in the heart of Jurong Gateway will command the same rental as other development.

So please spare us all you nonsensical questions and I would appreciate if you can banned yourself from this forum. And if you wish to set up a new forum account, please dont come to this thread because you will end up asking the same stupid question again.

AND BTW, I wish to just remind you that, when J Gateway was launch, you are not even in this forum, so whatever you know about JLD are all yesterday news, so please dont try to convince yourself that you are SAVVY.

3centsworth
10-04-14, 15:21
PS should start a new thread " Why I like to pick an argument with R33 ? ".

It seems to be so whenever PS writes in this forum.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 15:25
PS should start a new thread " Why I like to pick an argument with R33 ? ".

It seems to be so whenever PS writes in this forum.

thats not my concern actually. Its the substance in the writing that counts.

Patrickstar
10-04-14, 15:41
So now we can conclude that Ringo33 is clueless about why he used caspian n centris to justify jgateway being a good investment. ..

So much for substance from the troll :doh:

astroboy8681
10-04-14, 15:51
So now we can conclude that Ringo33 is clueless about why he used caspian n centris to justify jgateway being a good investment. ..

So much for substance from the troll :doh:

my bad but i don't read thru this whole thread from pg 1.... i don't exactly have that much time either...

you mean that virus actually use caspian and centris to equate jgate being a good buy?? when they are sold years apart on very different pricing and sentiment grounds...

my god, is this the most epic virus since internet age:scared-5:

reporter2
10-04-14, 16:57
Ringo33 and Patrickstar.

Both of you have shared your arguments, insights and opinions. I am sure all of us here appreciate and enjoy reading your posts, especially when the posts are sensible and non-combative, written with a cool and rational head.

What we do not appreciate are your personal attacks on each other. They detract from the quality of your posts and are getting quite tiresome, in my opinion. People of your calibre do not have to resort to name-calling and personal attacks of this sort.

Thanks.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 17:05
with the HSR announcement, I think D22 will become a magnet for Malaysian PR are from KL. With such short traveling time, they could literally hop on the train after work on Friday and arrive at their kampong for dinner with their families and parents.

exciting times ahead.

yjcai
10-04-14, 20:15
JLD Defender #1:beats-me-man:

Allthepies
10-04-14, 20:32
when the HSR connects to the rest of Asia, that is when the real fun starts : )

West huat ah...

im vested almost anyway where there are growth potential, be it in the CBD, orchard, JLD via properties and stocks

tantan
10-04-14, 21:19
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...ption-20140410

Published April 10, 2014

PM Lee: Jurong East a 'very attractive' option

Govt is studying it as a possible site for the S'pore-KL High Speed Rail station

By Lee U-Wen [email protected]

[SINGAPORE] Siting the terminal station of the planned High Speed Rail (HSR) linking Singapore and Kuala Lumpur in Jurong East is a "very attractive" option that the Singapore government is currently studying, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

"I have told (Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak), in Singapore we have three sites possible, but Jurong East is one very attractive one which we are considering," said Mr Lee at the Istana during a roundtable discussion with a group of newspaper editors on Tuesday.

The full transcript of the closed-door session, organised by the Bangkok-based Asia News Network (ANN), was released by Mr Lee's office last night.

Earlier in the week after his annual retreat with Mr Najib in Putrajaya, Mr Lee had revealed that the three sites being considered in Singapore were Jurong East, Tuas West and the city centre.

Mr Najib, meanwhile, confirmed that Malaysia will host its terminal station in Bandar Malaysia near Sungai Besi.

In the ANN interview, Mr Lee stressed that there was much work still to be done as the HSR project takes shape.

"Many aspects have to be studied and discussed and agreed upon. But if we can get the High Speed Rail between Singapore and KL built, whether it is (by) 2020 or whether it is a bit later, I think it will make a very big difference to the connection between two very vibrant cities, in the way you can do business together, in the way you can travel up (and) down, the convenience of it," he said.

Singapore and Malaysia have set a 2020 deadline to complete the 320km to 340km rail project, which will shuttle passengers from Singapore to KL in just 90 minutes.

Key areas such as how the HSR will be built, the engineering involved, the financing models, governance and legal framework have all yet to be worked out, said Mr Lee.

"These are all very complicated to do even in one country, but to do in two countries, and to work it all out in what would be quite a compressed time frame, I think will test our teams," he said.

When asked by a Malaysian editor if Singapore and Malaysia would select a committee to run the project or if a private company would do so, Mr Lee would only say that this was another issue that would need to be addressed.

In the wide-ranging session, Mr Lee was quizzed on issues including the political turmoil in Thailand, the haze problem that plagues South-east Asia every year, and his experience with the use of social media such as Facebook.

When asked about his own political future and how long he planned to remain as Singapore's prime minister, Mr Lee said that leaders should stay as long as they are able to make a contribution.

"In Singapore, we pay a lot of attention to succession planning and making sure that we have a new team ready, and new leaders who are capable of taking charge, so that the country can move ahead and the leaders can be in sync with the country," he said.

"I can't say exactly how long I am staying, but I am 62 years old and that's not young," said Mr Lee.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 21:26
Here is a recap.

Property around the core central of the west will huat as a result of JLD development.

DO NOT sell your property in Dist 22 because government has got very ambitious plan for JLD and you dont want to get to be someone who keep coming here to pour cold water on JLD.

Beware, the western dragon is wide awake now. If PM dragon said so.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/180/9sx6.jpg

Ringo33
10-04-14, 21:31
This is when Dragon was sleeping

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/762x812q90/29/9ou2.jpg

And this is when the dragon wakes up

http://jurongnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/jurong-lake-district.jpg

Ringo33
12-04-14, 08:32
Government will likely to unveil undated Masterplan for JLD to include the HSR in 2015. This announcement will propel property prices in the west to new height.

Beware, dont miss the boat!!

LTA launches tender for Singapore-KL rail study

THE Land Transport Authority (LTA) wants to embark on an engineering feasibility study to look at possible corridors for the Singapore leg of the planned High Speed Rail (HSR) linking the Republic to Kuala Lumpur.

In a statement, LTA said that the tender for the study was called yesterday. The statutory board wants to conduct this study to develop options for and to assess the technical feasibility of the possible corridors. The study, said LTA, will also look at the transportation connectivity for the three possible terminal stations of the HSR in Singapore.

Earlier this week in Putrajaya after his annual retreat with Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong revealed that the three sites being considered were Jurong East, Tuas West and the city centre.

Malaysia has already confirmed that its terminal station will be located in Bandar Malaysia, the current site of the country's air force base at Sungai Besi.

The appointed consultant, said LTA, will also be required to study the impact on existing transport facilities. The study is expected to be completed in the first quarter of next year.

The HSR link, first announced at last year's leaders' retreat in Singapore, hopes to boost business and people linkages between Singapore and Malaysia. A one-way trip is expected to take about 90 minutes, and the plan is to complete the 320-340km rail project by the year 2020.

Mr Lee and Mr Najib have both urged the High Speed Rail Work Group to work diligently towards fulfilling its mandate by 2020. Besides the HSR, Singapore and Malaysia are also working together on a proposed Rapid Transit System that will connect Singapore and Johor Bahru, with the first phase of the joint engineering study for this link project already underway.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 12:38
For those who thinks that Tuas is all about heavy industry should take a drive to Tuas Biomedical Park...

SINGAPORE — Pharmaceutical company Novartis has further expanded its footprint in Singapore with the opening of a S$200 million manufacturing plant by its eye care unit today (April 14).

The new 330,000 square feet facility at Tuas Biomedical Park will see Alcon, the eye care unit, produce products to address eye conditions such as glaucoma, dry eye, allergies and bacterial infections.

Alcon has an existing contact lens manufacturing plant here, which started operations in 2005.

“Singapore’s robust biomedical presence, and the highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce made it easy to choose Singapore for our new site,” said Mr Christopher Snook, Country President for Novartis Singapore and Head Novartis Group Country Management.

Locating the facility here also allows the company to be closer to its customers in the region, said Alcon Asia-Pacific’s Area President Roy Acosta.

“The need for quality eye care is increasing rapidly across Asia, as the population grows and ages,” said Mr Acosta.

Alcon currently has 150 employees at the new plant, and is looking to grow its staff size as production increases.

Ringo33
14-04-14, 15:11
I understand there is a possibility of an express train service that could run from Marina Bay to Jurong East to improve connectivity for HSR station.

Wonder what will happen to the propriety prices around JE MRT if it happens.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/855/6r6k.jpg

k00L
16-04-14, 20:11
You should put a disclaimer that this is baseless speculation and purely hypothetical

I understand there is a possibility of an express train service that could run from Marina Bay to Jurong East to improve connectivity for HSR station.

Wonder what will happen to the propriety prices around JE MRT if it happens.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/855/6r6k.jpg

teddybear
16-04-14, 23:24
Ai yoh, he will tell you what he said are facts!
What all the rest you people say that are not inline with him are just speculation and even lies! :rolleyes:

You should put a disclaimer that this is baseless speculation and purely hypothetical

sunrise
17-04-14, 00:06
Strange ... Why such genius person not in the parliament? Maybe of behavior problem. If not at least earned himself a 3rd row seat. Singapore talent, but... Landed himself on the keyboard. I remember the movie "monkey god" no matter how he tried he is still in the palm of the buddha.

玉格格
17-04-14, 00:24
shall u guys organise a meet r33 outing? behind the keyboard very hard to resolve differences one leh :o

Simi
17-04-14, 00:42
shall u guys organise a meet r33 outing? behind the keyboard very hard to resolve differences one leh :o

you are back from the winter palace or iszit summer palace :D

玉格格
17-04-14, 01:01
you are back from the winter palace or iszit summer palace :D

sala lah, i hv juz crawled out fm a well n ready to crawl into a tv *evil grin*

Ringo33
17-04-14, 03:03

what have I done to deserve this?

Ringo33
17-04-14, 03:25

I am not forcing you to believe what I am saying if you dont have the foresight

Ringo33
17-04-14, 03:26
Ai yoh, he will tell you what he said are facts!
What all the rest you people say that are not inline with him are just speculation and even lies! :rolleyes:

if you dont even know where the hell is Jurong Gateway, its really pointless of you to make any comment about JLD.

玉格格
18-04-14, 22:25
what have I done to deserve this?

when a person becomes a forum celebrity, everyone will be dying to meet him :D
dun view it so negatively; not everyone can be a forum celebrity. hence u shd be honoured.
见面三分情, when u all meet in rl den wun quarrel so much.

xebay11
19-04-14, 09:38
Ringo is banned? Means end of this thread.

onglai
19-04-14, 10:23

without r33, alot of pple sure got withdrawal syndrome..

:p

Pro888
19-04-14, 10:38
when a person becomes a forum celebrity, everyone will be dying to meet him :D
dun view it so negatively; not everyone can be a forum celebrity. hence u shd be honoured.
见面三分情, when u all meet in rl den wun quarrel so much.

If this one, you want to meet? siam bei ho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0t9dxU4KTY

EBD
19-04-14, 13:04
without r33, alot of pple sure got withdrawal syndrome..

Not really - just enjoying the fact that the average IQ on this forum has increased dramatically.

What was the winning post that finally did it?
It was only a matter of time even after warnings from the admin.....

Ringo33
19-04-14, 13:24
Hasta la vista

http://www.startupmuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/terminator-im-back.jpeg

xebay11
19-04-14, 14:02
Hasta la vista

http://www.startupmuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/terminator-im-back.jpeg

You forgot "baby".

EBD
19-04-14, 14:06
oh no - it's plummeted again.

onglai
19-04-14, 15:06
lol r33 1 day din post only -- pple tot he kena banned. good la.. if not the forum very quiet..

DC33_2008
19-04-14, 15:29
R33 was cautioned at any property forum some time back. He has stopped posting there. :rolleyes:

玉格格
19-04-14, 16:36
If this one, you want to meet? siam bei ho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0t9dxU4KTY

alamak! i wasnt even scolding u, y u filmed me sia? :simmering:

astroboy8681
19-04-14, 20:11
May I ask admin why you only afford us few hours of ecstasy only to bring us down with a THUD??? Sighhhhh

Simi
19-04-14, 20:24
alamak! i wasnt even scolding u, y u filmed me sia? :simmering:

you ?

not even close to Sadako :p

Ringo33
19-04-14, 21:55
2015 property prices around JLD will jump by 10%.

Ringo33
20-04-14, 00:30
You have been warned. Beware!!

Look at the title of this slide..

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7875/jnpf.jpg

Ringo33
22-04-14, 00:06
Property around JLD all HUAT!!

Beware!!!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/841/6ikk.jpg

Ringo33
01-05-14, 00:10
PM Lee just made changes to his cabinet. From the way I see it, when PM Lee steps down Tharman could possibly replace him as PM of Singapore. When that happen property prices in Jurong is going to chiong to new high.

Beware,!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/pm-lee-announces-changes-cabinet-20140429

rook
01-05-14, 02:32
PM Lee just made changes to his cabinet. From the way I see it, when PM Lee steps down Tharman could possibly replace him as PM of Singapore. When that happen property prices in Jurong is going to chiong to new high.

Beware,!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/pm-lee-announces-changes-cabinet-20140429

Its improbable for someone in politics to give up power voluntarily...especially when that power is absolute in nature.

One can be forced out of power though, but that is not what you mean here, I am guessing.

Ringo33
01-05-14, 09:34
Its improbable for someone in politics to give up power voluntarily...especially when that power is absolute in nature.

One can be forced out of power though, but that is not what you mean here, I am guessing.

PM Lee will most likely step down as PM after the next election and he will be "promoted" to MM just like former PM LKY and PM Goh.

In the cabinet, the best person to take over from PM Lee will be Tharman because of his experience, credential as Finance Minister, Chairman of IMF as well as coming from minority group.

Come 2016, better vote wisely.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/834/9wxv.jpg

rook
01-05-14, 12:30
Shopping Monster: Skyrocketing rents hit Singapore's next shopping mecca

Guess where it is?

Move over Orchard Road. All eyes are now on Jurong East as the next big shopping mecca in Singapore. Recently touted to be one of the possible locations for the terminal of the proposed high-speed rail (HSR) link between Singapore and Malaysia, the potential for a significant boost in catchment population and footfall is immense, according to Knight Frank's report.

But with great potential comes greater rents. Knight Frank noted that notwithstanding the initial gestation period for the new retail malls in Jurong East to see stabilising rents, average prime retail rents in Jurong are among the highest across the different suburban retail mall clusters in Singapore.

Knight Franks added that as at 1Q 2014, the monthly gross prime retail rents of shopping malls in the Jurong cluster (comprising both Jurong East and Jurong West precincts) averaged about $32.50 per sq ft, higher than the average prime retail rents of $32.30 per sq ft for suburban malls across Singapore.

However, not all the retail malls in the Jurong cluster are registering high rents. Some of the newer malls are still undergoing operational issues or face competition from the existing established malls, which affected the achievable rentals for the landlords of new malls, said Knight Frank.
- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/retail/news/shopping-monster-skyrocketing-rents-hit-singapores-next-shopping-mecca#sthash.fktSYXzd.dpuf

Wunderkind
01-05-14, 15:06
Shopping Monster: Skyrocketing rents hit Singapore's next shopping mecca

Guess where it is?

Move over Orchard Road. All eyes are now on Jurong East as the next big shopping mecca in Singapore. Recently touted to be one of the possible locations for the terminal of the proposed high-speed rail (HSR) link between Singapore and Malaysia, the potential for a significant boost in catchment population and footfall is immense, according to Knight Frank's report.

But with great potential comes greater rents. Knight Frank noted that notwithstanding the initial gestation period for the new retail malls in Jurong East to see stabilising rents, average prime retail rents in Jurong are among the highest across the different suburban retail mall clusters in Singapore.

Knight Franks added that as at 1Q 2014, the monthly gross prime retail rents of shopping malls in the Jurong cluster (comprising both Jurong East and Jurong West precincts) averaged about $32.50 per sq ft, higher than the average prime retail rents of $32.30 per sq ft for suburban malls across Singapore.

However, not all the retail malls in the Jurong cluster are registering high rents. Some of the newer malls are still undergoing operational issues or face competition from the existing established malls, which affected the achievable rentals for the landlords of new malls, said Knight Frank.
- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/retail/news/shopping-monster-skyrocketing-rents-hit-singapores-next-shopping-mecca#sthash.fktSYXzd.dpuf

Not only are rental rates going to increase significantly for the malls in JLD due to the possible HSR terminal location, the prices of condos in the region are also likely to experience strong appreciation. In particular, JGateway's future price may exceed expectation as it is the only condo in the heart of JLD.

rook
01-05-14, 15:39
Not only are rental rates going to increase significantly for the malls in JLD due to the possible HSR terminal location, the prices of condos in the region are also likely to experience strong appreciation. In particular, JGateway's future price may exceed expectation as it is the only condo in the heart of JLD.

I have not been to the malls in Jurong East of late.....but from what I recall, I remember Jurong Point (at Boon Lay MRT) to be the most thriving of Jurong malls.

Hopefully 'Big Box' can help bring about a bigger vibe for the shopping in Jurong East area, when it opens later this year.

Ringo33
01-05-14, 17:30
I was there this afternoon, Ren Shan Ren Hai, and all that action is right next to J Gateway.

Kelonguni
01-05-14, 21:05
I was there this afternoon, Ren Shan Ren Hai, and all that action is right next to J Gateway.

Congrats to all JG owners! I think it is a good gateway to hold.

I am not vested here.

ay123
02-05-14, 10:40
saw the plot of land at lakeside MRT being fenced up. anyone know what is it?

sunrise
08-05-14, 11:38
eventually, someone found a job and left his thread for good. could be too busy learning new skills.

onglai
08-05-14, 11:48
eventually, someone found a job and left his thread for good. could be too busy learning new skills.

u lp itchy ah?

Ringo33
09-05-14, 13:16
This is where you want to put your money...

While volume may increase, buyers, however, will remain conservative during price negotiations, the analysts said. SRX data released yesterday showed the overall median transaction over X-value (TOX), which measures how much buyers paid over recent transaction prices, came in at negative S$4,000 in April. This indicates that more than half of HDB resale buyers in April paid below recent transaction prices, the SRX said.

Median TOX, an indicator SRX introduced to replace cash over valuation following the resale-price-negotiation rule, was zero or negative for the majority of HDB towns. The highest last month was recorded in Queenstown and Jurong East, at +$2,500 and +S$2,400, respectively.

OrangeTee’s research head Christine Li said: “Flats in Jurong East, especially executive flats, seem to be popular due to limited supply. Flats in Queenstown are also highly sought after because of the excellent city fringe location as well as the rejuvenation of the entire Queenstown in the coming years.”

Ringo33
10-06-14, 09:24
Jurong West St 41 (Parcel B) plot has changed from reserved to confirm site in H2 GLS. MND must be very bullish about the property demand in JLD. Perhaps a decision on the High Speed Rail will be announced before the closing of the tender in beginning 2015.

BEWARE!!

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room/news/2014/jun/pr14-34a.aspx

pmet
11-06-14, 02:29
Jurong West St 41 (Parcel B) plot has changed from reserved to confirm site in H2 GLS. MND must be very bullish about the property demand in JLD. Perhaps a decision on the High Speed Rail will be announced before the closing of the tender in beginning 2015.

BEWARE!!

LOL Lakeville owners will repent.

hyenergix
11-06-14, 06:48
B
BEWARE!!

This plot B shd sell very well if e sizes r compact n e side gate is positioned near e MRT.

Wunderkind
11-06-14, 22:24

BEWARE!!

It does say a lot about the government 's intention to pursue the complete development of JLD according to the timeline for 2020.

When HSR is ready in 2020, JLD must also come with all the tourist attractions, hotels, malls, water attraction, theme park, medical facilities, business hub and transport exchanges.

litechaser
12-06-14, 09:16
with the poor sentiments now, hope the developers will lower their bid price and can sell lower for this piece of land :)

Ringo33
12-06-14, 13:24
with the poor sentiments now, hope the developers will lower their bid price and can sell lower for this piece of land :)

Mcland will not allow low balls bid unless they fully sold their Lakeville befoe then. Such prized site is hard to come by . Should attract decent bids.

litechaser
12-06-14, 14:03
Mcland will not allow low balls bid unless they fully sold their Lakeville befoe then. Such prized site is hard to come by . Should attract decent bids.

But MCLand not the only bidder :beats-me-man:

Ringo33
12-06-14, 19:35
But MCLand not the only bidder :beats-me-man:

What I am saying they will set the benchmark price for this site, so any developers who are really interested on this site will have to factor that in this bid price.

litechaser
13-06-14, 09:41
What I am saying they will set the benchmark price for this site, so any developers who are really interested on this site will have to factor that in this bid price.

I don't think any developer can set benchmark price. look at the plot of land beside the Crest at Prince Charles Crescent...it was bidded abt 15% below the Crest land.

lajia
13-06-14, 10:21
what do you think if MCL bid at the price around - S$100 cheaper than their Lakeville plot, for eg... They either get it at S$100psf cheaper or, somebody who win it will be around the same cost at Lakeville. Don't you think so, it is pretty simple right? :2cents:
they will bid at close range whereby even if they don't get it, their competitor will have not much room to play around with...:)
just my opinion.

I don't think any developer can set benchmark price. look at the plot of land beside the Crest at Prince Charles Crescent...it was bidded abt 15% below the Crest land.

litechaser
13-06-14, 10:31
what do you think if MCL bid at the price around - S$100 cheaper than their Lakeville plot, for eg... They either get it at S$100psf cheaper or, somebody who win it will be around the same cost at Lakeville. Don't you think so, it is pretty simple right? :2cents:
they will bid at close range whereby even if they don't get it, their competitor will have not much room to play around with...:)
just my opinion.

If it can be done so easily, then why the land beside the Crest was bidded so low ?

lajia
13-06-14, 10:37
hahaha...u treating me as if I am the bidder....:)
I am just stating from the logical prospective bro. You better ask that bidder, maybe they scare, or they don't have enough bullet, how would I know...:o

If it can be done so easily, then why the land beside the Crest was bidded so low ?

litechaser
13-06-14, 10:45
hahaha...u treating me as if I am the bidder....:)
I am just stating from the logical prospective bro. You better ask that bidder, maybe they scare, or they don't have enough bullet, how would I know...:o

and you think MCLand not scared to bid too high a price ? I would not if I were them ...scarli ended up holding the baby at a high price and cannot sell.

Ringo33
13-06-14, 10:45

1) This new site is better than the old site as its nearer to MRT station.
2) Lakeville is still not completely sold and why would MCLand put Lakeville at risk by not bidding on the next plot with reasonably high price to ensure they dont get undercut?
3) This is a good site located in a growth region, so there is no reason to believe there will be no keen interest either.

Have you forgotten how much capitaland bidded for skyvue just to protect their interest in poor performing sky habitat?

sunrise
13-06-14, 10:50
kon jiaw wei,

no wonder many choose to live like a pigeon.

litechaser
13-06-14, 13:51
1) This new site is better than the old site as its nearer to MRT station.
2) Lakeville is still not completely sold and why would MCLand put Lakeville at risk by not bidding on the next plot with reasonably high price to ensure they dont get undercut?
3) This is a good site located in a growth region, so there is no reason to believe there will be no keen interest either.

Have you forgotten how much capitaland bidded for skyvue just to protect their interest in poor performing sky habitat?

Not every co is a CapitaLand. Just look at the developer of The Crest. Following your logic, it should have bidded high for the land just beside right:beats-me-man:

lajia
13-06-14, 14:59
no need to bid higher. just bid in such a way that even if your competitor get it, there is little room to drop price to attract.

Not every co is a CapitaLand. Just look at the developer of The Crest. Following your logic, it should have bidded high for the land just beside right:beats-me-man:

litechaser
13-06-14, 15:59
no need to bid higher. just bid in such a way that even if your competitor get it, there is little room to drop price to attract.

well, the winning bid for the Crest neighbor was abt 15% lower...clearly a big drop.

lajia
13-06-14, 18:52
Then u got to ask the developer....if I am the developer, I will not allow that to happen especially when my units are not sold out and it is so close to my plot....the strategy for each company is different and u never know unless u have a complete picture. Anyway talk until cow come home also no use. Just wait and see la.
But clearly, this upcoming plot should attract a healthy lot...

well, the winning bid for the Crest neighbor was abt 15% lower...clearly a big drop.

Ringo33
14-06-14, 07:07

In terms of location, The Crest is obviously better than the plot next to it as it nearer to MRT station and has a more rectangular shape site layout, and will command a better panoramic views.

And its pointless to just blindly compare 2 site by not factoring the demand and supply on both location. The JW St 41 site is located in the growth region, and has got a unblock view over the jurong lake, future theme park, near MRT station and right next to Canadian International school. And MCLand has already demonstrated their interest and knowledge around JLD by outbidding many developers for the J Gateway and Lakeville site.

And between now till Q1 next year, many project around JLD will take off, and this include the 1100 bed NTFH and JCH + Westgate Tower, + AVA and BCA moving to JEM + Big Box. So there is no reason to expect that MCLand will not take advantage of their position by submitting an reasonably aggressive bid to try to win it.

litechaser
14-06-14, 10:52
Then u got to ask the developer....if I am the developer, I will not allow that to happen especially when my units are not sold out and it is so close to my plot....the strategy for each company is different and u never know unless u have a complete picture. Anyway talk until cow come home also no use. Just wait and see la.
But clearly, this upcoming plot should attract a healthy lot...

ya, talk until cow come home also no use but then why u talking now ?

litechaser
14-06-14, 10:55
In terms of location, The Crest is obviously better than the plot next to it as it nearer to MRT station and has a more rectangular shape site layout, and will command a better panoramic views.

And its pointless to just blindly compare 2 site by not factoring the demand and supply on both location. The JW St 41 site is located in the growth region, and has got a unblock view over the jurong lake, future theme park, near MRT station and right next to Canadian International school. And MCLand has already demonstrated their interest and knowledge around JLD by outbidding many developers for the J Gateway and Lakeville site.

And between now till Q1 next year, many project around JLD will take off, and this include the 1100 bed NTFH and JCH + Westgate Tower, + AVA and BCA moving to JEM + Big Box. So there is no reason to expect that MCLand will not take advantage of their position by submitting an reasonably aggressive bid to try to win it.

evrythg depends on the developer strategy. Thats why I said not every company is a capitaland. Not every co mgmt thinking is the same so we cannot use capitand strategy as de facto.

Ringo33
17-06-14, 13:20
Future of Singapore??

Beware!!

SINGAPORE — Singapore is taking several leaps towards the vision of being a smart nation, as Minister for Communications and Information Dr Yaacob Ibrahim announced a number of initiatives at the opening ceremony of the Infocomm Media Business Exchange (IMBX) today (June 17).

They include the Smart Nation Platform, which will build new infrastructure and common technical architecture to support a smart nation ecosystem across Singapore.

Standards will also be developed for Internet Of Things products for homes in Singapore, in a collaboration with the HDB.

The Jurong Lake District will be a test bed for what a Smart Nation might be like, as 15 projects will be put on trial there.

At the IMBX 2014, Dr Yaacob said, “We believe that a Smart Nation can become a reality if we successfully combine policy, people and technology in a concerted fashion.”

He said two important trends that will set Singapore on the path to become a smart nation will be big data and the Internet of Things, which is the trend of Internet-connected devices.

Wunderkind
17-06-14, 22:27
JURONG Lake District (JLD) will not only become the largest commercial and regional centre outside the Central Business District here, it will also be a template for a futuristic Singapore, for it is there that the first seeds of Singapore's status as a "smart nation" are being planted.

The Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) is strengthening the hard and soft infrastructure there. One initiative is the drawing up of standards for the Internet of Things @ Home, a scenario under which objects - household appliances, for instance - are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to sense, communicate and share information, all interconnected over public or private Internet Protocol (IP) networks.

The IDA is also building up a pool of talent in new areas such as Games Science.

Wunderkind
17-06-14, 22:35
Not sure if the Government has planned the naming of Jurong Gateway intentionally to coincide with the idea of a SMART city within JLD and the vision of the Internet of Things ( IOT ) because by computer's definition, a gateway is a device that is used to connect two different networks, especially a connection to the Internet.

Now, you can appreciate the naming of J Gateway Condo by MCLand a little better.

Ringo33
17-08-14, 21:39
Those still in doubt please read PM Lee ndp rally

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/national-day-rally-2014-new-jurong-lake-gardens-part-lak

Allthepies
17-08-14, 23:35

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/national-day-rally-2014-new-jurong-lake-gardens-part-lak

Yeah yeah we love JLD : )

Jem
17-08-14, 23:41
Funny to read through many of the replies especially with comments on how to survive in the west hehe.

I've grown up in Jurong and have continued to stay in the west. My parents still stay in Jurong.

Since JEM (btw my nick is a coincidence. It's a nick I have used for many years previously in other forums) and Westgate have opened I hardly ever go down town during the weekends like how I always used to.

There were always IMM and Jurong Point which I frequented often last time. With the addition of JEM and westgate, nearly every brand and everything is all available in a connected close proximity place. The crowd actually has spread out. Btw, there is a Kinokuniya in JEM. There's lotsa restaurants, cafés and gourmet bakeries as well and for those with young kids you have 2 outdoor playgrounds for the kids. One at IMM and one at Westgate. The malls are spacious and I never feel it's overly crowded. Parking is easy too. My favorite is the Isetan supermarket. I buy my meats from there once a week or once every other week. They have additional things like dry ice and chillers for the shoppers!

Also, the west has many schools and 2 unis for people with school going kids.

Good to see LHL spending close to 15 mins talking about JLD during the rally and am excited of all the new upcoming devts :)

star
17-08-14, 23:50
$2000psf for jurong.

teddybear
18-08-14, 08:46
Does "selling" some place means better investment potential?

I know what to do based on experience...... Do you? :hornybastard:

Funny to read through many of the replies especially with comments on how to survive in the west hehe.

I've grown up in Jurong and have continued to stay in the west. My parents still stay in Jurong.

Since JEM (btw my nick is a coincidence. It's a nick I have used for many years previously in other forums) and Westgate have opened I hardly ever go down town during the weekends like how I always used to.

There were always IMM and Jurong Point which I frequented often last time. With the addition of JEM and westgate, nearly every brand and everything is all available in a connected close proximity place. The crowd actually has spread out. Btw, there is a Kinokuniya in JEM. There's lotsa restaurants, cafés and gourmet bakeries as well and for those with young kids you have 2 outdoor playgrounds for the kids. One at IMM and one at Westgate. The malls are spacious and I never feel it's overly crowded. Parking is easy too. My favorite is the Isetan supermarket. I buy my meats from there once a week or once every other week. They have additional things like dry ice and chillers for the shoppers!

Also, the west has many schools and 2 unis for people with school going kids.

Good to see LHL spending close to 15 mins talking about JLD during the rally and am excited of all the new upcoming devts :)

vboy
18-08-14, 09:50

"These developments are about "making every corner of Singapore an outstanding living environment", he said as he sketched plans to transform the Jurong Lake District in his National Day Rally speech on Sunday night."

To be fair, there are many new improvements in the East as well (if not more)
Land is limited here so the idea is to maximise and fully develop every sq inch of it to make it attractive for business and living

Think about Project Jewel, T4& T5, TEL, Bay East garden, Paya Lebar Hub, Singapore Sports Hub, relocation of Paya Lebar airbase (which is all in the East)

In fact, the gahmen will most likely develop the North after are done with the Central, East and West..
its a matter of when

sunrise
18-08-14, 10:07
"These developments are about "making every corner of Singapore an outstanding living environment", he said as he sketched plans to transform the Jurong Lake District in his National Day Rally speech on Sunday night."

Land is limited here so the idea is to maximise and fully develop every sq inch of it to make it attractive for business and living

Think about Project Jewel, T4& T5, TEL, Bay East garden, Paya Lebar Hub, Singapore Sports Hub, relocation of Paya Lebar airbase (which is all in the East)

In fact, the gahmen will most likely develop the North after are done with the Central, East and West..
its a matter of when

actually they are very disappointed the way JLD progress, everything delay. not much changes to the lake after 30years.

Ringo33
18-08-14, 15:03

its a matter of when

The only reason why you need to combined so many different projects that scattered all across Singapore for comparison is because JLD and the developments coming to the west are massive.

With PM spending a good 15 mins talking about JLD on NDR, surely this region is going to be transformed into the 2nd largest commercial hub in Singapore, even ST reporter is saying that JLD will be the new marina of Singapore.

teddybear
18-08-14, 17:28
Might as well say Istana will be shifted to JLD then has more power and persuasion? :onthego:

The only reason why you need to combined so many different projects that scattered all across Singapore for comparison is because JLD and the developments coming to the west are massive.

With PM spending a good 15 mins talking about JLD on NDR, surely this region is going to be transformed into the 2nd largest commercial hub in Singapore, even ST reporter is saying that JLD will be the new marina of Singapore.

Ringo33
18-08-14, 18:23
Might as well say Istana will be shifted to JLD then has more power and persuasion? :onthego:

missed the boat?? again

CondoWE
18-08-14, 18:50
missed the boat?? again

He got sour grape....:sorrow:!!!

Allthepies
18-08-14, 19:21
Yup spending 15min / 120min air time will definitely give JLD progress a strong boost : )

JLD, Marina, Tanjong Pagar waterfront... these are the confirmed developments... ignore at your own risks : ) : )

I think '15 first half will have new plots released in JLD...

the high speed rail will either be in JLD or city... singapore wants JLD, if malaysian counterpart reject (most probably they want a more prestigious location), no choice have to give them city liao... tuas is never a serious option.. : )

Ringo33
18-08-14, 20:21
Yup spending 15min / 120min air time will definitely give JLD progress a strong boost : )

JLD, Marina, Tanjong Pagar waterfront... these are the confirmed developments... ignore at your own risks : ) : )

I think '15 first half will have new plots released in JLD...

the high speed rail will either be in JLD or city... singapore wants JLD, if malaysian counterpart reject (most probably they want a more prestigious location), no choice have to give them city liao... tuas is never a serious option.. : )

Malaysia government is in no position to reject because their terminus in KL will also be located in the new commercial center outside of city center, because both government intend to use HSR as stimulus to developed new commercial center around the station. So what Singapore government is doing with JLD will be the same as what they intend to do with Bandar Malaysia. Having said that, i suspect the HSR will eventually be link to the city either via domestic express rail line or extension.

Come Dec 2014, the plot of land next to lakeville will be release for tender and I expect that plot will attract keen interest from developers due to JLD growth stories.

The only plot of land around JLD left will be in Jurong East right next to JE sport complex, but its still not sure if they are going to build HDB or private condo.

Allthepies
18-08-14, 20:40
There still another plot right in front of chinese garden mrt? : )

Ringo33
18-08-14, 21:19
There still another plot right in front of chinese garden mrt? : )

thats a very odd shape plot right next to parc oasis. its long and narrow. I am not sure if its ideal for development. Perhaps will be better if this plot is combined with PO when it goes en bloc in future.

minority
18-08-14, 23:42
missed the boat?? again

HE is the typical mine is good. other people's are crap

Ringo33
19-08-14, 06:41
Developers are expected to take a keener interest in future state land tenders in Jurong Lake District - whether for residential, commercial or hotel projects - PHOTO: ST
MORE GARDENS, WATERFRONT HOMES
[SINGAPORE] Developers are expected to take a keener interest in future state land tenders in Jurong Lake District - whether for residential, commercial or hotel projects.
The buzz created from efforts for greenery attractions in the area is expected to give a fillip to home values there.
Attention will be heightened further if a decision is made to house the future Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail terminus in Jurong Gateway, said property consultants yesterday. They were giving their views on plans announced on Sunday night by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to liven up Jurong Lake District.
"Going forward, the plans to realign Ayer Rajah Expressway, convert some of the old industrial estates to waterfront housing, etc, could greatly enhance the liveability of Jurong as it enjoys an image overhaul, thanks to all the leisure elements that the government will put in place," said Christine Li, research head at OrangeTee.
"Existing property owners can look forward to one of the most liveable housing estates in Singapore outside the central and fringe areas," she added.
CBRE' Singapore research head Desmond Sim too thought the changes will "remove the stigma of an industrial township that Jurong was originally planned for".
National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan blogged yesterday: "Since 2008, Jurong has made steady progress to be our largest regional centre, outside of the city."
Jurong Lake Gardens, spanning over 70 hectares, will integrate the revitalised Jurong Lake Park (to be completed by 2017), as well as the Chinese and Japanese Gardens which are set to be spruced up, and not forgetting the new Science Centre, which will emerge next to the Chinese Garden MRT Station around 2020.
Giving her take on the announcements on residential property values, DTZ's regional head (SEA) research, Lee Lay Keng, said: "Even though the overall conditions in the residential property market remain tepid, the buzz created could provide a minor boost to existing projects and help support prices and transaction volumes in the area."
"In the longer term, the development of Jurong Lake Gardens will enhance the living environment for residents, similar to the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park, and increase interest in the area," she added.
The plans are expected to fuel developers' interest in a 99-year private housing site just above Jurong Lake - between The Lakeshore and Lakeville condos - that will be launched in December through the confirmed list of the Government Land Sales Programme. Said CBRE's Mr Sim: "While the number of bids is expected to be high..bid prices are expected to be dampened by current market sentiment and confidence."
Ms Li of OrangeTee expects development sites for residential, commercial as well as integrated uses (eg office, retail and residential elements) to whet developers' appetite - if they are released over the next year or two. "Hotel sites are also likely to be released once the terminus of the high-speed rail is confirmed," she added.
Mr Sim added that should the terminus be located in Jurong Gateway, it could further boost the currently nascent office market in the area, he added. "The inclusion of the high-speed rail terminus will be the final jigsaw piece to cement Jurong Regional Centre as a unique lakeside destination for business and leisure."
JLL's head of research, SE Asia, Chua Yang Liang, said the realignment of the AYE will generate the opportunity to develop "more lakefront homes for the masses". "Beyond the current slowdown in the residential market, the opportunity would be much sought after by developers in future...We can expect the regenerative efforts by the state to be capitalised into higher real estate values in the long term."

sandpapa
19-08-14, 09:33
Just wondering, if the HSR come in to SG, be it Jurong or Town. Will it be above the ground or underground? If Underground, it may takes another 5 years to plan the path, another 10 year to build at least. If all the way to town, I think will take another 5 more years to build.

vboy
19-08-14, 09:49
SINGAPORE: The makeover of Jurong, complete with a scenic new garden and waterfront residential housing, could potentially be a big draw, but urban planners will have their work cut out to fully transform the area and cast off its industrial image, analysts said.

As the Government on Monday (Aug 18) announced that the first phase of the Jurong Lake Gardens project – the Jurong Lake Park– will be completed by 2017, the analysts noted that with its water bodies, the area could emulate idyllic places such as East Coast and Punggol. However, obstacles to achieving this include the congested public transport infrastructure as well as pollution from petrochemical plants on Jurong Island nearby, they said.

Writing on his blog, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan acknowledged that the “exciting” plans for Jurong, including major improvements to the transportation networks, would take years to realise.

DESTINATION PARKS

The Jurong Lake Park was originally planned in 2012 as one of three “Destination Parks” to attract Singaporeans across the island with its unique features. Construction has started at one of the parks, East Coast Park, and will last until 2016.

The third park, Admiralty Park, is currently “at the consultancy stage” and will be completed by 2016 as well, said the National Parks Board. The revamp of Jurong will include the integration of the Chinese Garden, the Japanese Garden and the Jurong Lake Park into the Jurong Lake Gardens.

New public housing developments around Pandan Reservoir is also on the cards. The Urban Redevelopment Authority said the conceptual idea will require detailed planning and technical studies. Currently, a mix of industrial offices, commercial buildings and Housing and Development Board flats line the area around the reservoir.

Analysts said that while housing prices in the Pandan Reservoir area might not be able to match those of waterfront housing in other parts of Singapore, such as Punggol and East Coast, developers will still be drawn to opportunities in the land around the reservoir.

POLLUTION, CONGESTION WORRIES

Mr Nicholas Mak, head of consultancy and research at SLP International Property Consultants, said high-rise housing could be built there. Noting that the area has no coastal park, he said: “I think it can potentially be like East Coast, but it will also need a lot of redesign.”

However, the analysts said Pandan Reservoir’s appeal could be affected by pollution from petrochemical plants on Jurong Island, as well as crowded roads and train networks.

“When the wind is going in a certain direction, will it blow the smell from the chemical factories towards the residents? ... There is a possibility, depending on how near they are,” said Mr Mak.

Mr Ku Swee Yong, chief executive of Century 21 Singapore, noted that the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) is usually congested and that the East-West MRT Line has reached its maximum capacity.

New residents will end up competing with heavy vehicles on the jammed streets, he added, suggesting that the AYE be widened or MRT lines be extended to the area.

-TODAY/cy

Ringo33
19-08-14, 10:15
Just wondering, if the HSR come in to SG, be it Jurong or Town. Will it be above the ground or underground? If Underground, it may takes another 5 years to plan the path, another 10 year to build at least. If all the way to town, I think will take another 5 more years to build.

Engineering feasibility study for hsr will be complete by Q1 2015 and they will start ground study which take about a year and construction should take around 6 to 8 years.

Ringo33
19-08-14, 11:55
SINGAPORE: The makeover of Jurong, complete with a scenic new garden and waterfront residential housing, could potentially be a big draw, but urban planners will have their work cut out to fully transform the area and cast off its industrial image, analysts said.

As the Government on Monday (Aug 18) announced that the first phase of the Jurong Lake Gardens project – the Jurong Lake Park– will be completed by 2017, the analysts noted that with its water bodies, the area could emulate idyllic places such as East Coast and Punggol. However, obstacles to achieving this include the congested public transport infrastructure as well as pollution from petrochemical plants on Jurong Island nearby, they said.

Writing on his blog, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan acknowledged that the “exciting” plans for Jurong, including major improvements to the transportation networks, would take years to realise.

DESTINATION PARKS

The Jurong Lake Park was originally planned in 2012 as one of three “Destination Parks” to attract Singaporeans across the island with its unique features. Construction has started at one of the parks, East Coast Park, and will last until 2016.

The third park, Admiralty Park, is currently “at the consultancy stage” and will be completed by 2016 as well, said the National Parks Board. The revamp of Jurong will include the integration of the Chinese Garden, the Japanese Garden and the Jurong Lake Park into the Jurong Lake Gardens.

New public housing developments around Pandan Reservoir is also on the cards. The Urban Redevelopment Authority said the conceptual idea will require detailed planning and technical studies. Currently, a mix of industrial offices, commercial buildings and Housing and Development Board flats line the area around the reservoir.

Analysts said that while housing prices in the Pandan Reservoir area might not be able to match those of waterfront housing in other parts of Singapore, such as Punggol and East Coast, developers will still be drawn to opportunities in the land around the reservoir.

POLLUTION, CONGESTION WORRIES

Mr Nicholas Mak, head of consultancy and research at SLP International Property Consultants, said high-rise housing could be built there. Noting that the area has no coastal park, he said: “I think it can potentially be like East Coast, but it will also need a lot of redesign.”

However, the analysts said Pandan Reservoir’s appeal could be affected by pollution from petrochemical plants on Jurong Island, as well as crowded roads and train networks.

“When the wind is going in a certain direction, will it blow the smell from the chemical factories towards the residents? ... There is a possibility, depending on how near they are,” said Mr Mak.

Mr Ku Swee Yong, chief executive of Century 21 Singapore, noted that the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) is usually congested and that the East-West MRT Line has reached its maximum capacity.

New residents will end up competing with heavy vehicles on the jammed streets, he added, suggesting that the AYE be widened or MRT lines be extended to the area.

-TODAY/cy

The JLD development must have caught Nicolas Mak by surprise thats why he is now trying to talk about pollutions and traffic jam.
And obviously these analyst doesnt know about there is a big petrol chemical industry in pasir gudang and that maritime pollution are most concentrated along East Coast.

teddybear
20-08-14, 00:13
You are talking as though you don't know Jurong is the only heavy industry town in Singapore and Jurong Island, the only heavy industry island in Singapore, is just across a short bridge from Jurong? Now, which place in Singapore will have worst pollution in Singapore? The answer is so obvious that even an idiot can also tell you, only you can't??? :topsy_turvy:

The JLD development must have caught Nicolas Mak by surprise thats why he is now trying to talk about pollutions and traffic jam.
And obviously these analyst doesnt know about there is a big petrol chemical industry in pasir gudang and that maritime pollution are most concentrated along East Coast.

august
20-08-14, 00:24
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/property-prices-in-jurong/1320622.html

Property prices in Jurong unlikely to rise significantly: Propnex

Ringo33
20-08-14, 07:39
You are talking as though you don't know Jurong is the only heavy industry town in Singapore and Jurong Island, the only heavy industry island in Singapore, is just across a short bridge from Jurong? Now, which place in Singapore will have worst pollution in Singapore? The answer is so obvious that even an idiot can also tell you, only you can't??? :topsy_turvy:

not too long ago, I remember posting a thread on air pollution and teddybear was obviously missing in that thread because NEA keep showing the West have the better quality air than East, North and even Central.

So I am not exactly sure what baseless nonsense are you talking about here. All I know is that property price and rent in CCR is painfully depressing.

It obvious that even an idiot can tell who have been munching on sour grapes.

Ringo33
20-08-14, 07:40
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/property-prices-in-jurong/1320622.html

Property prices in Jurong unlikely to rise significantly: Propnex

In today depressing climate the analyst is still talking about price growth for Jurong property?? BEWARE!!

teddybear
20-08-14, 08:44
If a govt official tells me shit is not smelly and even edible, I will be VERY VERY BEWARE! :stupid:

not too long ago, I remember posting a thread on air pollution and teddybear was obviously missing in that thread because NEA keep showing the West have the better quality air than East, North and even Central.

So I am not exactly sure what baseless nonsense are you talking about here. All I know is that property price and rent in CCR is painfully depressing.

It obvious that even an idiot can tell who have been munching on sour grapes.

Ringo33
20-08-14, 08:52
If a govt official tells me shit is not smelly and even edible, I will be VERY VERY BEWARE! :stupid:

Usually when Teddybear say something, the opposite is usually true.

e.g Dont buy MM apartment (Checked), Dont buy OCR (Checked),

Now Jurong Lake District shit? Beware, dont missed the boat. LOL!!

teddybear
20-08-14, 09:01
As usual, not sure you are stupid or you are trying to twist my words?

I am talking about the FACT that:
1) Jurong is the only heavy industry town in Singapore, and
2) Jurong Island, the only heavy industry island in Singapore, is just across a short bridge from Jurong.

Now, which place in Singapore will have worst pollution in Singapore based on above facts?
And you tell me NEA keep showing the West have the better quality air than East, North and even Central?
It is no difference from them telling us shit is not smelly and even edible! :scared-3:
They better check where their pollution measurement meters are located! :stupid:

Usually when Teddybear say something, the opposite is usually true.

e.g Dont buy MM apartment (Checked), Dont buy OCR (Checked),

Now Jurong Lake District shit? Beware, dont missed the boat. LOL!!

Ringo33
20-08-14, 09:14
As usual, not sure you are stupid or you are trying to twist my words?

I am talking about the FACT that:
2) Jurong Island, the only heavy industry island in Singapore, is just across a short bridge from Jurong.

Now, which place in Singapore will have worst pollution in Singapore based on above facts?
And you tell me NEA keep showing the West have the better quality air than East, North and even Central?
It is no difference from them telling us shit is not smelly and even edible! :scared-3:
They better check where their pollution measurement meters are located! :stupid:

Anybody who have been in this forum long enough will know that you are talking nonsense out of thin air, nothing of what you said is quantifiable.
Many forummers have in the past posted about NEA PSI P2.5 figures showing how at certain time of the year, PSI in the west can be better than other region.
If you dont believe, you can always go back to NEA website and look at the historical PSI figures and look at the PSI for different region over the year.

Talk is cheap until you have to back up what you said with facts.

Anyway, please go start a new thread about air pollution and stop being a pollutant yourself in this thread.

teddybear
20-08-14, 09:23
What is the point of checking the time when the clock is broken and always give you "perfect smiling" time? :highly_amused:

Anybody who have been in this forum long enough will know that you are talking nonsense out of thin air, nothing of what you said is quantifiable.
Many forummers have in the past posted about NEA PSI P2.5 figures showing how at certain time of the year, PSI in the west can be better than other region.
If you dont believe, you can always go back to NEA website and look at the historical PSI figures and look at the PSI for different region over the year.

Anyway, please go start a new thread about air pollution and stop being a pollutant yourself in this thread.

Ringo33
20-08-14, 09:59
What is the point of checking the time when the clock is broken and always give you "perfect smiling" time? :highly_amused:

What the point of talking about pollution without facts? Might as well just say the grapes are sour.

teddybear
20-08-14, 10:18
I am talking about real fact that can't run away one that:

Who would believe that a heavy industry town beside a heavy industry island has the lowest pollution index of all areas in Singapore? :lamer: :doh:

What the point of talking about pollution without facts? Might as well just say the grapes are sour.

Ringo33
20-08-14, 10:49

Who would believe that a heavy industry town beside a heavy industry island has the lowest pollution index of all areas in Singapore? :lamer: :doh:

Ccr is the worst performing region in Singapore and there are no scientific evidences that people living outside western region are healthier. That's a fact and so please stop polluting this thread.

walkthetiger
20-08-14, 12:33

With the recent announcements, JLD will go no wrong, but I am not ensure if it's really a gold mines for those who had bought at the peak...

onglai
20-08-14, 13:52

singapore very small nia la... kp simi? when wind blow inwards, only je kena? nearby town all kena wat.. why keep on harping on pollution in je like a kuniang..

minority
20-08-14, 13:53

That I have to agree with you . That Teddy is full of hot air and BS. :doh::doh::doh:

Ringo33
20-08-14, 14:03
Beware!!

AssetRichMoneyPoor
20-08-14, 15:32
Beware!!

pardon me ringgo but those concentric circles you drew conveniently cut off at the bridge linking to Jurong Island, was that intentional?

i don't mean to hijack this thread but realized so much debates and quarrels going on in this thread.

Ringo33
31-08-14, 16:45
Beware....Dulwich college TOP, eventually they will have 2500 students.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/education/story/lessons-taught-two-languages-the-same-time-20140831

sunrise
31-08-14, 16:54
pardon me ringgo but those concentric circles you drew conveniently cut off at the bridge linking to Jurong Island, was that intentional?

i don't mean to hijack this thread but realized so much debates and quarrels going on in this thread.

The smaller circle house the biggest carrot head.

sunrise
31-08-14, 16:55
Beware!!

CondoWE
31-08-14, 17:22

haha...It's too early to say, whether carrot head or MTB, time will tell... :tongue4:!

sunrise
31-08-14, 18:15
haha...It's too early to say, whether carrot head or MTB, time will tell... :tongue4:!

Haha... When? 20 years??

teddybear
31-08-14, 23:39
Full of illness also don't know why, pity these people............... :grief:

Haha... When? 20 years??

Maxim1
01-09-14, 00:36
I recently went to investigate J Gateway after hearing PM's speech. My initial thoughts:

The "record breaking" psf units (>1700psf) are all MMs. But I always look at bigger units for more reliable indicator of pricing: 1400 psf is the norm for >1000sqft units.

For a much hyped area where the government has committed to invest heavily, 1400 psf in itself is not completely irrational. This seems not far off the price of new leasehold condo in city fringe like Waterbank Dakota or Alex Residence. Also remember Sky Habitat sold out when dropped to this level - but that did not have a "story" to sell (merely an iconic design - which is worth nothing these days - see how many lost money at Reflections).

However, 1700 psf for the MMs is too much. I believe these are mainly bought for investment but at 800+k a pop one could buy Oxley Edge or RV Edge, freehold in district 9, which have much better chance of finding the kind of tenant who would pay 3k for renting a shoebox. The problem is that Jurong has many HDBs. Tenants would much rather choose to share a HDB (if cost conscious) or rent a whole HDB for that price if they have a family.

Thus the big units at J Gateway doesn't seem completely irrational, but can't say the same for the small units. Any thoughts?

clemdale24
01-09-14, 02:26
if you're talking about 1400psf, i would much rather pay 100-200psf more and get waterbank @ dakota or alex residences.

or eight riversuites in boon keng without having the need to top up.

still not gonna pay that amount for a jurong condo imho

I recently went to investigate J Gateway after hearing PM's speech. My initial thoughts:

The "record breaking" psf units (>1700psf) are all MMs. But I always look at bigger units for more reliable indicator of pricing: 1400 psf is the norm for >1000sqft units.

For a much hyped area where the government has committed to invest heavily, 1400 psf in itself is not completely irrational. This seems not far off the price of new leasehold condo in city fringe like Waterbank Dakota or Alex Residence. Also remember Sky Habitat sold out when dropped to this level - but that did not have a "story" to sell (merely an iconic design - which is worth nothing these days - see how many lost money at Reflections).

However, 1700 psf for the MMs is too much. I believe these are mainly bought for investment but at 800+k a pop one could buy Oxley Edge or RV Edge, freehold in district 9, which have much better chance of finding the kind of tenant who would pay 3k for renting a shoebox. The problem is that Jurong has many HDBs. Tenants would much rather choose to share a HDB (if cost conscious) or rent a whole HDB for that price if they have a family.

Thus the big units at J Gateway doesn't seem completely irrational, but can't say the same for the small units. Any thoughts?

Ringo33
01-09-14, 06:10
if you're talking about 1400psf, i would much rather pay 100-200psf more and get waterbank @ dakota or alex residences.

or eight riversuites in boon keng without having the need to top up.

still not gonna pay that amount for a jurong condo imho

I will take j gateway anytime over those area. At 1400psf you get to own the most prime housing asset in Singapore largest commercial hub outside CBd. With hospital, medical center, 5 big shopping malls, country club lake garden commercial office tower, hotels, international schools, integrated transport hub, EWL NSL JRL CRL mrt station, future HSR station, etc at your door step.

For 200psf more what do you get?

Investment is all about supply and demand. Don't believe you can always make comparison on the rental yield for both project with top.

Ringo33
01-09-14, 06:13
Full of illness also don't know why, pity these people............... :grief:

While jurong investors are happily awaiting for more mega announcement those invested on dinosaur asset in ccr are grieving about falling prices and rental yield.

Not sure who should be feeling pitiful

Ringo33
01-09-14, 07:23
Dulwich College 2500 students
http://news.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/news/02Feb13/images/20130221.181255_dulwich.jpg

Canadian International School 3300 students
http://data2.finalsite.com/cf90/canadianis/data/media/display/41436.jpg?v=052813051918

CondoWE
01-09-14, 17:28
Haha... When? 20 years??

Nope la...less than 10 years :hornybastard: !

Ringo33
01-09-14, 17:30
Big news coming up in Oct/Nov 2014. Beware dont MTB

Patrickstar
02-09-14, 02:20
This J gateway owner must be desperate to get rid of his mickey mouse unit at a loss, taking into consideration SSD. So much for capital appreciation lol...If this is a bounced back unit, I think the buyer would have rather cut loss than made a boo boo of his investment

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15142297/for-sale-j-gateway

Ringo33
02-09-14, 07:53
Those missed the boat better jump on this opportunity

Ringo33
02-09-14, 09:24
Dulwich College 2500 students
http://news.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/news/02Feb13/images/20130221.181255_dulwich.jpg

This is like the Ivy League of International School in Singapore. Beware, expat tenants are going to flood the west.

Singapore students may complain about the daily grind of Chinese language lessons. But at Singapore's newest international school Dulwich College, parents are all for lessons taught in Mandarin and English.

That is one of the reasons the renowned British independent school, which opened in Singapore last week and charges $25,000 to $31,000 a year, had to hire more teachers and double its first intake from 400 to 884.

The school received 1,500 applications, and one of the main draws is the emphasis on Mandarin.

Children from the ages of two to seven are taught by two teachers, in English and Mandarin, in the classroom. Called the dual language approach, the idea is to expose children to English and Mandarin at a young age, enabling them to move seamlessly between the two languages. In the junior school, until age 11, they will have daily Mandarin classes.

The school's headmaster Nick Magnus, who used to head Dulwich in Suzhou, China, said: "Proficiency in Mandarin opens doors. Parents see the value in it."

On the dual language approach, he said: "There are clear benefits in language learning, especially for young children, with this approach. I think it will become a standard approach for many in international education."

Mrs Katharine Ankers, whose two children are in Dulwich, said: "We liked the fact that Mandarin plays an important part of the curriculum, with lessons on a daily basis, and at different levels depending on the child's exposure to the language."

The 395-year-old school, which has six other campuses in Asia including Beijing, Shanghai and Seoul, will offer an enhanced British curriculum and prepare students for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education and the International Baccalaureate diploma at age 18.

The school said its Singapore campus - like the other colleges in Asia - will embrace "an academic ethos shaped by Eastern rigour and the Western holistic approach".

For some parents, the emphasis on academic rigour is also a plus point, although some initially complained about potential students above the age of seven having to take an entrance test.

Briton Isabella Porter, who is hoping to get her two teens into Dulwich next year, said her husband agreed to take a job in Singapore only after the two of them heard the school is opening a campus here.

"Dulwich offers a first-rate education and the emphasis on Mandarin is a bonus. We only agreed to move to Singapore because of Dulwich opening here."

More than half of the pupils for its first intake are in the two to seven age group. More than 200 pupils are in the junior school - for those aged seven to 10 - and another 132 students are in the senior school.

Dulwich, which charges fees comparable to that of some of the other international schools here, will eventually grow its student number to 2,500.

The school's 5ha Bukit Batok campus, which will have state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories, theatres for the dramatic arts, a swimming pool and a rugby field, is expected to cost more than $400 million.

Dulwich's entry has gone some way in satiating the demand for international school places here. Market research shows there are about 40,000 students in more than 30 international schools in Singapore.

A few years ago, the crunch in places became acute enough for foreign business chambers to warn that it was a stumbling block for international firms looking to set up here.

The Economic Development Board, which has held three bien-nial exercises since 2008 to help ease the crunch, has said it is not currently looking to lease new sites to international schools this year.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/education/story/lessons-taught-two-languages-the-same-time-20140831#xtor=CS1-10

sunrise
02-09-14, 11:53
This is like the Ivy League of International School in Singapore. Beware, expat tenants are going to flood the west.

other area can lower their rental to snatch away these tenants, make them ocupied is better than leave them vacant. what are u going to do with it?

Ringo33
02-09-14, 12:08
other area can lower their rental to snatch away these tenants, make them ocupied is better than leave them vacant. what are u going to do with it?

If tenant can afford it, why would they bother with "OTHER AREA".
If family can afford $31,000 a year on kid education, what is D22 rent to them.

The same reason why people choose to go Imperial Treasure for dinner instead of food court.

sunrise
02-09-14, 12:08

don't forget other estate have larger spacious units at affordable rental charges to compete yours.

sunrise
02-09-14, 12:10
If tenant can afford it, why would they bother with "OTHER AREA"

The same reason why people choose to go Imperial Treasure for dinner instead of food court.

why would a person choose to live in a kennel instead of palace?

Ringo33
02-09-14, 12:26
When it comes to kids education, the quality of school will be the no.1 priority then follow by convenience since most expat living in Singapore cant afford to have a car. And thats exactly the reason why property around JLD are super damn hot for tenant with kids going to CIS.

With the new Dulwich College opening and its premium education offerings, it will bring even more high level expat families nearer to the West, and this will be a good boost for property investors holding family size apartment.

Beside families, there will also be many teachers and school staffs wanting to live near their work place, so compact size apartment will also be hot in demand. And there is not better place to live than J Gateway where they have lots of amenities, transport options etc.

So please stop munching on sour grape, too much acid in your system is bad for your health

sunrise
02-09-14, 12:37
When it comes to kids education, the quality of school will be the no.1 priority then follow by convenience since most expat living in Singapore cant afford to have a car. And thats exactly the reason why property around JLD are super damn hot for tenant with kids going to CIS.

With the new Dulwich College opening and its premium education offerings, it will bring even more high level expat families nearer to the West, and this will be a good boost for property investors holding family size apartment.

Beside families, there will also be many teachers and school staffs wanting to live near their work place, so compact size apartment will also be hot in demand. And there is not better place to live than J Gateway where they have lots of amenities, transport options etc.

So please stop munching on sour grape, too much acid in your system is bad for your health

Thanks for today's entertaining, had enough fun out here. nex person please............

Ringo33
02-09-14, 15:16
If you dont understand the concept of supply and demand, better dont invest in property

http://www.propquest.sg/singapore-property-market/top-properties

k00L
02-09-14, 21:42
Dulwich College is in Bukit Batok, not JLD

teddybear
02-09-14, 22:05
If tenant can afford, why would they choose to live in JLD even if their kids go to international school there?
My tenant lives in Orchard, work in the West, kids study in the North, no problem wah....... :victorious:

If they really will, that international school in Bukit Batok means many tenants will flock to the North instead of the West?

If tenant can afford it, why would they bother with "OTHER AREA".
If family can afford $31,000 a year on kid education, what is D22 rent to them.

Ringo33
02-09-14, 22:42
Dulwich College is in Bukit Batok, not JLD

Yes, its less than 2km from Chinese Garden MRT station.

Ringo33
02-09-14, 22:52
If tenant can afford, why would they choose to live in JLD even if their kids go to international school there?
My tenant lives in Orchard, work in the West, kids study in the North, no problem wah....... :victorious:

If they really will, that international school in Bukit Batok means many tenants will flock to the North instead of the West?

Perhaps the rent (psf) you are charging is so super low that your tenant cant even afford to live in OCR? LOL!!

Actually its not surprising because many old run down big apartment in CCR are renting their apartment out for peanuts. e.g in D10 some >2000sqft townhouses are struggling to find tenant even at 5k, while some 3 bedroom apartment around JLD are asking more than 6k.

Btw although Dulwich Colledge address is located in Bukit Batok, the nearest MRT station is in Chinese Garden in Jurong East..

This only goes to show how little you know about the world outside your little well.

k00L
02-09-14, 23:50
Yes, its less than 2km from Chinese Garden MRT station.

Yes, Dulwich college is in Bukit Batok, not JLD.
Dulwich college nearest MRT station is Bukit Batok, not Chinese Garden.
Based on your logic, Bukit batok condos will stand to gain most.

If 2km radius is to be considered, expats who like clean fresh air in a leafy neighborhood can choose to live Hillview. There are many choices other than JLD.

Ringo33
03-09-14, 00:18
Yes, Dulwich college is in Bukit Batok, not JLD.
Dulwich college nearest MRT station is Bukit Batok, not Chinese Garden.
Based on your logic, Bukit batok condos will stand to gain most.

If 2km radius is to be considered, expats who like clean fresh air in a leafy neighborhood can choose to live Hillview. There are many choices other than JLD.

1) Actually you are wrong, distant between 71 Bukit Batok West is nearer to Chiness Garden MRT station than Bukit Batok MRT. You can certainly use onemap to verify that. 1.54km vs 1.86km

2) Between JLD and Bukit Batok, its a no brainer as to where expat community would choose to live if budget is not an issue.

3) By my logic, expats community who send their kids to Dulwich College and are prepared to move to the west, would surely prefer to live in JLD than Hillview because Hillview area are extremely congested and its also one of the most densely build private residential area in Singapore. And Hillview to Dulwich is not even close, if you dont believe, you can always use google map to route Hillview to Dulwich college vs. JLD condo to Dulwich college.

4) Fresh air? leafy neighborhood? All I see is an estate surround by BKE and Upper Bukit Timah road. Whereas i JLD, there is 220ha of playground for people to cycle, jog, walk and stroll without any concern about traffic etc.

Please dont waste you time trying to go against the force of logic. It never work

Maxim1
03-09-14, 01:43
Hmm the expats that I know all work in CBD and send their children to international school by school bus. They are initially torn between deciding whether to stay near their office or kid's school, and inevitably seem to choose to be nearer work because the school bus solution is good enough for their kids.

I think 1400+ psf for the big units in JLD is not completely irrational, but doesn't mean they are a good deal - the upside has already been priced in. Not sure if one can hope it goes up to 1600+ when there are many good older condos in CCR for that price which are already near the best schools, offices, shopping etc.

Allthepies
03-09-14, 07:50
Yishun gg to launch minimum of $1000psf... wat do u think about JLD?

"EL Development came in top bid of $278,800,000 for a new residential site located at Yishun Avenue 9. This site could potential yield 600+ residential unit. Analyst predict a break even price of $925 to 940 psf and expected the selling price to be at least $1,000psf. The new development Symphony Suites is likely to launch closer to end of 2014."

Rysk
03-09-14, 08:50

By convenience and no car..

For CLS, I will choose to stay Lakeshore condo which is 200m walking distance to the school..
For Dulwish College, I will choose The Jade condo at Bt. Batok.. direct bus 3 stop to the school..

So super damn hot property is Lakeshore and The Jade..

Ringo33
03-09-14, 08:52
Hmm the expats that I know all work in CBD and send their children to international school by school bus. They are initially torn between deciding whether to stay near their office or kid's school, and inevitably seem to choose to be nearer work because the school bus solution is good enough for their kids.

I think 1400+ psf for the big units in JLD is not completely irrational, but doesn't mean they are a good deal - the upside has already been priced in. Not sure if one can hope it goes up to 1600+ when there are many good older condos in CCR for that price which are already near the best schools, offices, shopping etc.

Ever since CIS jurong east campus open its door, there has been a huge influx of expat community moving to condo around JLD, some as far as Jurong West, West Coast. The same reason why there are large american community living in Woodlands (American School) or Japanese community living along West Coast region (Japanese school). Certain expat of very senior position will perhaps still choose to live in CCR area because their housing allowance allow them to live in landed property and they can afford to have family cars where wife can ferry their kids around (some even go as far at JB), and some would put lifestyle ahead of their kids. School bus is a good solution, just like Singapore family with school going children. However the disadvantage is that the kids living far from school will waste many hours a week on the bus rather than doing something more productive.

With Dulwich College opening, expect to see more such expat moving to the west and the good thing is that there are very little new supply of housing around JLD.

sunrise
03-09-14, 11:28

For CLS, I will choose to stay Lakeshore condo which is 200m walking distance to the school..
For Dulwish College, I will choose The Jade condo at Bt. Batok.. direct bus 3 stop to the school..

I has to agree with you. as far as i know many owners around Jurong lake are willing to slash rental to compete with gateway.
when gateway ready u see a lot of lelong.

sunrise
03-09-14, 12:01
I has to agree with you. as far as i know many owners around Jurong lake are willing to slash rental to compete with gateway.

Beware! the weak topple the strong.

Ringo33
03-09-14, 13:35

According to onemap.

From Lakeshore to Dulwich College
Travel time : 7.1min
walking and waiting : 6.14min
Total : 13.24mins

From The Jade to Dulwich College
Travel time : 3.3min
Walking and Waiting : 14min (plenty of walking)
Total : 17.3min.

Perhaps you should just give up and stop talking nonsense.

Ringo33
03-09-14, 13:36
I has to agree with you.

I am not surprise at all.

Rysk
03-09-14, 14:08
According to onemap.

From Lakeshore to Dulwich College

From The Jade to Dulwich College
Total : 17.3min.

Perhaps you should just give up and stop talking nonsense.

Hello you still sleeping hah??
I'm saying Lakeshore to CLS lah!! Not Dulwish College lah!!
Use your brain can or not leh.. Walking distance 200m from Lakeshore to CLS take how long.. as compared to JG to CLS
After come out from Chinese Gdn MRT still need to walk 400m.. sibeh jialet!!

And how long it takes from JG to Dulwish College hah??

Ringo33
03-09-14, 14:18
Hello you still sleeping hah??
I'm saying Lakeshore to CLS lah!! Not Dulwish College lah!!
Use your brain can or not leh.. Walking distance 200m from Lakeshore to CLS take how long.. as compare to JG to CLS :biggrin-new:

And how long it takes from JG to Dulwish College hah??

I bet you have forgotten that you said. Dulwich college is closer Bukit Batok MRT than Chinese Garden MRT. I believe I have proven you wrong using onemap.
I bet you have forgotten that you said The Jade is closer to Dulwich College, and again you have been proven wrong because it takes short time and shorter walking to travel from Lakeshore to Dulwich and Lakeshore is not even the closest condo to Dulwich. Lakeville, Parc Oasis, Mayfair condo etc.

Perhaps you should stop making a fool out of yourself here and just focus your discussion on that LUX-whatever landed property

Rysk
03-09-14, 14:40
I bet you have forgotten that you said. Dulwich college is closer Bukit Batok MRT than Chinese Garden MRT. I believe I have proven you wrong using onemap.
I bet you have forgotten that you said The Jade is closer to Dulwich College, and again you have been proven wrong because it takes short time and shorter walking to travel from Lakeshore to Dulwich and Lakeshore is not even the closest condo to Dulwich. Lakeville, Parc Oasis, Mayfair condo etc.

Perhaps you should stop making a fool out of yourself here and just focus your discussion on that LUX-whatever landed property

Hello TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT you kok hah!!??

You didn't proven me wrong leh.. Can you read my post again (below)

I'm just telling ppl my preference (nearest condo to both sch): Lakeshore for CLS & The Jade for Dulwich College respectively.. as compared to JG

You then stop making a fool out of yourself leh.. Talk what Bukit Batok MRT & Chinese Garden MRT.. and what Lakeshore to Dulwish College..:banghead:

Ringo33
03-09-14, 14:54

From Lakeshore there is also a direct bus to Dulwich, and it require less walking at both ends as it stops nearer to the school. (Please see below traveling time)
So between the 2 locations, its obvious the Lakeshore is more ideal, plus Lakeshore is not even the closest JLD condo to Dulwich if your intention is to compare distant and traveling time.

Even if its the Jade its still considered the WEST, so what exactly are you trying to prove anyway? To hijacked what I have already said to make yourself look smart?

[B]
From Lakeshore to Dulwich College BY BUS

From The Jade to Dulwich College BY BUS

Total : 17.3mins

sunrise
03-09-14, 16:00

it really has a big impact in keeping the tone down.

teddybear
03-09-14, 22:38
If you want to dream that your JLD apartment can be rented out more than CCR apartment, please continue, there is nothing we can do to stop you and there is no need for us to do so.....

We just want to tell all other people the reality and not to be cheated by what you said to them which is just your dream only and not the reality................ :crushed:

Perhaps the rent (psf) you are charging is so super low that your tenant cant even afford to live in OCR? LOL!!

Actually its not surprising because many old run down big apartment in CCR are renting their apartment out for peanuts. e.g in D10 some >2000sqft townhouses are struggling to find tenant even at 5k, while some 3 bedroom apartment around JLD are asking more than 6k.

Btw although Dulwich Colledge address is located in Bukit Batok, the nearest MRT station is in Chinese Garden in Jurong East..

This only goes to show how little you know about the world outside your little well.

Ringo33
03-09-14, 23:08
If you want to dream that your JLD apartment can be rented out more than CCR apartment, please continue, there is nothing we can do to stop you and there is no need for us to do so.....

We just want to tell all other people the reality and not to be cheated by what you said to them which is just your dream only and not the reality................ :crushed:

There is no need to talk big in this forum because in this modern world, information is aplenty. Just go to propertyguru and do a search for rental apartment in D10 with <$5k budget and then you tell me how many >2000sqft apartment in CCR D10 are desperate looking for tenants.

Perhaps thats the reality of CCR that you feared most

k00L
06-09-14, 11:14
The fact is that there are too many choices to choose for expats which wish to live near Dulwich College - options are plentiful - JLD, Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Hillview, etc.

The downtown line, to be completed in 2 years time, will connect Hillview to CBD - it will be attractive for expats working in CBD and with kids going to Dulwich.

As for JLD, Mr Ku Swee Yong, chief executive of Century 21 Singapore, noted that the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) is usually congested and that the East-West MRT Line has reached its maximum capacity. Expats working in CBD will avoid renting JLD condos, especially those that faces noisy MRT tracks and industrial plants.

As Mr Nicholas Mak, head of consultancy and research at SLP International Property Consultants, put it, "will it blow the smell from the chemical factories towards the residents? ... There is a possibility, depending on how near they are"

1) Actually you are wrong, distant between 71 Bukit Batok West is nearer to Chiness Garden MRT station than Bukit Batok MRT. You can certainly use onemap to verify that. 1.54km vs 1.86km

2) Between JLD and Bukit Batok, its a no brainer as to where expat community would choose to live if budget is not an issue.

3) By my logic, expats community who send their kids to Dulwich College and are prepared to move to the west, would surely prefer to live in JLD than Hillview because Hillview area are extremely congested and its also one of the most densely build private residential area in Singapore. And Hillview to Dulwich is not even close, if you dont believe, you can always use google map to route Hillview to Dulwich college vs. JLD condo to Dulwich college.

4) Fresh air? leafy neighborhood? All I see is an estate surround by BKE and Upper Bukit Timah road. Whereas i JLD, there is 220ha of playground for people to cycle, jog, walk and stroll without any concern about traffic etc.

Please dont waste you time trying to go against the force of logic. It never work

Ringo33
06-09-14, 12:27
The fact is that there are too many choices to choose for expats which wish to live near Dulwich College - options are plentiful - JLD, Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Hillview, etc.

The downtown line, to be completed in 2 years time, will connect Hillview to CBD - it will be attractive for expats working in CBD and with kids going to Dulwich.

As for JLD, Mr Ku Swee Yong, chief executive of Century 21 Singapore, noted that the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) is usually congested and that the East-West MRT Line has reached its maximum capacity. Expats working in CBD will avoid renting JLD condos, especially those that faces noisy MRT tracks and industrial plants.

As Mr Nicholas Mak, head of consultancy and research at SLP International Property Consultants, put it, "will it blow the smell from the chemical factories towards the residents? ... There is a possibility, depending on how near they are"

a) There are plenty of solid data and facts to show the solid rental yield of private properties around and within JLD due to strong rental demand in that area despite of what you are saying about congestion or pollution etc. To me these are just noise created by people who have missed the boat on the JLD story.

b) As for congestion, that will actually give expat families a stronger reason to live closer to school instead of long distant commuting everyday. And now that JLD is being developed into attractive lifestyle, entertainment and commercial hub, it will give them even more reason to live closer to JLD.

c) This thread is about the potential of property in the WEST due to the JLD story, so yes, you are right, property in the west will all benefit from the JLD story and thank you for trying to validate my points. Having said that, I personally will not put my money on Hillview estate for investment purpose and I seriously doubt Hillview area will benefit much of Dulwich College due to it poor transport connection between that area to JLD.

d) Those analysts can say all they want about pollution in Jurong etc, at the end of the day, if they can prove that life expectancy of people living in the West fare worst than the other reason, then to me its just noise. Plus lets not forget the PSI index has already indicated that during certain time of the year, PSI level in West can be better than other region and there are also other source of pollution outside Jurong Island, such as Pasir Gudang, marintime pollution from the thousand of shipping vessel along our coast line, and vehicular pollutions which are highly concentrated within CCR. Then again, there are also many analysts who believe the potential of JLD story. Some even call it the Marina Bay of the West.

e) Downtown line connection from Hillview to CBD is not important for JLD, because JLD itself is like a CBD and there are plenty of high skilled jobs available in the West and thats exactly the reason why government is putting 2 mega international schools (CIS and Dulwich) with a combine capacity of more than 5000 students 2km away from each other. And this is excluding the Japanese international schools around West Coast area.

heehee
06-09-14, 15:22
Can we be realistic? How can an area among heavy industries have the best air quality compared to all other areas that don't and some of these are pure residential areas & beside nature reserves!
If it is too good to be true, it sure is!

a) There are plenty of solid data and facts to show the solid rental yield of private properties around and within JLD due to strong rental demand in that area despite of what you are saying about congestion or pollution etc. To me these are just noise created by people who have missed the boat on the JLD story.

b) As for congestion, that will actually give expat families a stronger reason to live closer to school instead of long distant commuting everyday. And now that JLD is being developed into attractive lifestyle, entertainment and commercial hub, it will give them even more reason to live closer to JLD.

c) This thread is about the potential of property in the WEST due to the JLD story, so yes, you are right, property in the west will all benefit from the JLD story and thank you for trying to validate my points. Having said that, I personally will not put my money on Hillview estate for investment purpose and I seriously doubt Hillview area will benefit much of Dulwich College due to it poor transport connection between that area to JLD.

d) Those analysts can say all they want about pollution in Jurong etc, at the end of the day, if they can prove that life expectancy of people living in the West fare worst than the other reason, then to me its just noise. Plus lets not forget the PSI index has already indicated that during certain time of the year, PSI level in West can be better than other region and there are also other source of pollution outside Jurong Island, such as Pasir Gudang, marintime pollution from the thousand of shipping vessel along our coast line, and vehicular pollutions which are highly concentrated within CCR. Then again, there are also many analysts who believe the potential of JLD story. Some even call it the Marina Bay of the West.

e) Downtown line connection from Hillview to CBD is not important for JLD, because JLD itself is like a CBD and there are plenty of high skilled jobs available in the West and thats exactly the reason why government is putting 2 mega international schools (CIS and Dulwich) with a combine capacity of more than 5000 students 2km away from each other. And this is excluding the Japanese international schools around West Coast area.

Ringo33
06-09-14, 17:48
Can we be realistic? How can an area among heavy industries have the best air quality compared to all other areas that don't and some of these are pure residential areas & beside nature reserves!
If it is too good to be true, it sure is!

Yes, we need to be realistic because

a) Singapore is a tiny and densely populated country that is 45km from left to right and 22km from north to south and its surrounded by industries in North South East and West

b) The area "WEST" which you are talking about is a big place, from tip of Tuas to JLD is about 15km. If you draw a 15km radius from Pasir Gudang heavily industry, it will cover Woodlands, Central and the ENTIRE East region of Singapore.

c) Source of air pollutions are not limited to industry in the West, as it also include trans-boundary pollutions, maritime bunker oil pollution from shipping vessel, vehicular pollutions from traffic on the road, aviation pollutions etc.

d) The answer to your question is WIND DIRECTION. If you still in doubt, please go to NEA website to read about PSI reading http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution-control/psi/historical-psi-readings.

As of now, I think PSI in West is 43, North South East are 53 and Central is 52.
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution-control/psi

Maxim1
06-09-14, 18:52
Ever since CIS jurong east campus open its door, there has been a huge influx of expat community moving to condo around JLD, some as far as Jurong West, West Coast. The same reason why there are large american community living in Woodlands (American School) or Japanese community living along West Coast region (Japanese school). Certain expat of very senior position will perhaps still choose to live in CCR area because their housing allowance allow them to live in landed property and they can afford to have family cars where wife can ferry their kids around (some even go as far at JB), and some would put lifestyle ahead of their kids. School bus is a good solution, just like Singapore family with school going children. However the disadvantage is that the kids living far from school will waste many hours a week on the bus rather than doing something more productive.

With Dulwich College opening, expect to see more such expat moving to the west and the good thing is that there are very little new supply of housing around JLD.

You haven't answered the question: which is how can one, having bought JLD condo at such a high price, still expect to make much profit when the upside is already priced in?

You mentioned new schools in Woodlands and West Coast. But have Woodlands and West Coast prices gone up at a faster rate than the rest of Singapore? Answer is No. By the time Jurong reaches 1800 psf, you think all the Bukit Timah condos near to the best schools in Singapore won't be 2500psf? Actually, that has probably already happened - Goodwood Residence and Cluny Park Residence comes to mind.

Ringo33
06-09-14, 19:50
You haven't answered the question: which is how can one, having bought JLD condo at such a high price, still expect to make much profit when the upside is already priced in?

You mentioned new schools in Woodlands and West Coast. But have Woodlands and West Coast prices gone up at a faster rate than the rest of Singapore? Answer is No. By the time Jurong reaches 1800 psf, you think all the Bukit Timah condos near to the best schools in Singapore won't be 2500psf? Actually, that has probably already happened - Goodwood Residence and Cluny Park Residence comes to mind.

1) When you talk about JLD record price, what psf and unit size are you talking about? AFAIK, in Marina Bay area, some unit were transacted close to $4000psf, while in Alexandra, some LH project are selling at $2400psf.

2) I mentioned that International School is a proven magnet for expat community, and Woodland, West Coast are just 2 very good examples of why there are large american and japanese community living in those area. So there is no reason to question the effect of CIS and Dulwich College, that have a combine capacity of 5000 students.

3) Transaction data are public information, you can always make a comparison on the rate of price increase or rental yield of property around JLD vs those CCR, RCR and other OCR district. And more importantly the number of rental transaction

4) Along Bukit Timah, there are many good schools unfortunately these are local schools attended by mostly Singaporeans, hence that are no incentives for expat communities to live around these school. In fact they might want to avoid these area during to traffic congestion.

5) JLD growth story has been evolving since it was first announced in 2008 and every year it seems to be getting bigger, bolder and better. So I am not sure how do you tell if the potential has fully priced in, especially when there are at least 5000 news jobs moving into JLD in the next 12 months and many more thousands to follow in the coming years. And more importantly the potential of having a HSR terminus located in JLD, the unveiling of Lakeside Garden, new edutainment theme park, the new world class Science Center, new lakeside village, Jurong Region Line, Cross Region Line and many more commercial and white site launches around JLD.

teddybear
07-09-14, 09:09
What a joke! Let me tells others what are the reality to dispel your lies.....................:

a) Yes, Singapore is small, but the source of pollution must always have highest pollution compared to places far away! The current PSI measure from NEA did not conform to this principle! There is something wrong with their PSI measure for different locations in Singapore!

b) West is big, but the source of pollution in Jurong Island and in Pioneer Road is nearest to JLD compared to all places in Singapore! Pasir Gudang is definitely very much further from the south of Singapore and the pollution would have been filtered out by the people and tall rise buildings in North of Singapore! Same like JLD and other places in West where pollution from pollution sources in the West would have been filtered out by people and tall rise buildings in West and hence would be lower when they reach the south, east, central etc! So, there is no reason to believe how on earth the pollution source and its surrounding areas can have best air quality and lowest PSI in Singapore!

c) There are many sources of pollution, but pollution from heavy industries are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and is the most concentrated, most intensive, and most poisonous and deadly!

d) No matter what Wind direction is, the area around source of pollution MUST always have highest pollution compared to far away places! Otherwise it just defies logic and reality!

e) Let me just say, NEA PSI measure is meant to give ROUGH overall PSI measure in Singapore and not for specific localities because of their flawed placements and too few probes.....

Yes, we need to be realistic because

a) Singapore is a tiny and densely populated country that is 45km from left to right and 22km from north to south and its surrounded by industries in North South East and West

b) The area "WEST" which you are talking about is a big place, from tip of Tuas to JLD is about 15km. If you draw a 15km radius from Pasir Gudang heavily industry, it will cover Woodlands, Central and the ENTIRE East region of Singapore.

c) Source of air pollutions are not limited to industry in the West, as it also include trans-boundary pollutions, maritime bunker oil pollution from shipping vessel, vehicular pollutions from traffic on the road, aviation pollutions etc.

d) The answer to your question is WIND DIRECTION. If you still in doubt, please go to NEA website to read about PSI reading http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution-control/psi/historical-psi-readings.

As of now, I think PSI in West is 43, North South East are 53 and Central is 52.
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/anti-pollution-radiation-protection/air-pollution-control/psi

Allthepies
07-09-14, 09:58
JLD JLD JLD JLD.
BUY at your own RISK!
MISS at your own RISK!
It could be Punggol 21; it could be Marina Bay.
WALK the GROUND, SEE the PLACE.
Use UR own JUDGEMENT.
JLD JLD JLD JLD.

lajia
07-09-14, 10:14
Your comment is even the biggest joke. If ppl choose to listen to your rubbish rather than believing on the PSI standard and NEA measurement, what can we say....

There are ppl here who want to convince ppl and there are ppl here who wants to share. Ultimately if there is any disagreement, point it out for discussion and maybe we can learn from there....hope this forum is still good for me to pick up some good tips and info...cheers.

What a joke! Let me tells others what are the reality to dispel your lies.....................:

a) Yes, Singapore is small, but the source of pollution must always have highest pollution compared to places far away! The current PSI measure from NEA did not conform to this principle! There is something wrong with their PSI measure for different locations in Singapore!

b) West is big, but the source of pollution in Jurong Island and in Pioneer Road is nearest to JLD compared to all places in Singapore! Pasir Gudang is definitely very much further from the south of Singapore and the pollution would have been filtered out by the people and tall rise buildings in North of Singapore! Same like JLD and other places in West where pollution from pollution sources in the West would have been filtered out by people and tall rise buildings in West and hence would be lower when they reach the south, east, central etc! So, there is no reason to believe how on earth the pollution source and its surrounding areas can have best air quality and lowest PSI in Singapore!

c) There are many sources of pollution, but pollution from heavy industries are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and is the most concentrated, most intensive, and most poisonous and deadly!

d) No matter what Wind direction is, the area around source of pollution MUST always have highest pollution compared to far away places! Otherwise it just defies logic and reality!

e) Let me just say, NEA PSI measure is meant to give ROUGH overall PSI measure in Singapore and not for specific localities because of their flawed placements and too few probes.....

Ringo33
07-09-14, 10:18

You will need to be pretty desperate to question empirical evidence on pollution...I guess this is the after effects of MTB

Patrickstar
07-09-14, 11:56
Air pollution is more concentrated at its source, i think a primary school kid knows that. You expect Fukushima to experience lesser radiation than Okinawa?

You will need to be pretty desperate to question empirical evidence on pollution...I guess this is the after effects of MTB

Jem
07-09-14, 12:45
There's another factor - rain. The west and north does rain a lot more and that's why most catchment areas are found in the same area. So it's really no surprise that the PSI reading for west can be better than in the east even though there are heavy industries as the rain washes away the pollution.

yowetan
07-09-14, 13:00
My family and myself are happily staying in D10, Mt Sinai. I could not fantom why would people bother to debate and argue over a western industrialized area?

lajia
07-09-14, 13:03
Pardon me, but I think first you might want to start joining primary school again to learn about radiation, diffusion, pollution and so on...there is no point to pick up discussion which you lack knowledge in because it will confuse some...yes I mean some of u...

Air pollution is more concentrated at its source, i think a primary school kid knows that. You expect Fukushima to experience lesser radiation than Okinawa?

Jem
07-09-14, 13:55

The downtown line, to be completed in 2 years time, will connect Hillview to CBD - it will be attractive for expats working in CBD and with kids going to Dulwich."

Now just talking on where would expat families who are sending the children to Dulwich Collge choose to stay?

I would feel definitely in the next immediate 2 to 3 years the stretch from the areas surrounding the DTL stations from Bukit Panjang all the way to King Albert Park will appeal more to these families more than the JLD areas or even in town areas. Reason being:

1) The DTL stage 2 when open in 2016 gives a direct access to the CBD especially to buildings like MBFC, Asia Square which houses many FSI, consultancy and ICT firms that coincides with the industries that most europeans esp Brtish expats are working in.
2) The DTL also brings you to popular spots like the Botanical Gardens, Chinatown and its strategic interchanges at Botanical Gardens and Newton brings you to other popular spots easily - Like Holland V and Orchard.
3) When DTL stage 3 completes in 2017, it will be the longest MRT line in SG and brings you to the east, again to even more industrial parks, expo etc.
4) There's little worry about traffic congestion too. The BKE and PIE has already been widened. Traffic congestion has reduced greatly. 2 flyovers are being constructured along Upper Bukit Timah Road (again ready b4 the DTL stations opened) so Hillview congestion and Woodlands Road junction congestion will ease up.
5) Greenery. Nature Parks and Reserves. and even the zoo is closed by via Woodlands Road.
6) Dulwich College is essentially a school for children 1 to 13 years old (up to 12th graders). So I would expect the children will take school buses or be sent off to school by parents who does drive. So public transport is not that important.
7) Expats like the Upper Bukit Timah to Bukit Timah area. Visit The Grandstand on weekends and you will know. They are often seen doing grocery shopping at the neighbourhood malls as well.
8) Single PMETs prefer staying in the CBD areas and often rent a studio to 1 bedder. Size isn't as essential to them vs the hassle to clean and maintain a bigger place. The often travel out of SG on weekend trips and work trips too. On the otherhand for married couples with our without children, they would prefer to stay further away so the children has a more neighbourhood environment to stay in and will choose a more resort feel environment. This is my observation from working in a company where we have a high 60 per cent expat workforce.

Ringo33
07-09-14, 16:14
Now just talking on where would expat families who are sending the children to Dulwich Collge choose to stay?

I would feel definitely in the next immediate 2 to 3 years the stretch from the areas surrounding the DTL stations from Bukit Panjang all the way to King Albert Park will appeal more to these families more than the JLD areas or even in town areas. Reason being:

1) The DTL stage 2 when open in 2016 gives a direct access to the CBD especially to buildings like MBFC, Asia Square which houses many FSI, consultancy and ICT firms that coincides with the industries that most europeans esp Brtish expats are working in.
2) The DTL also brings you to popular spots like the Botanical Gardens, Chinatown and its strategic interchanges at Botanical Gardens and Newton brings you to other popular spots easily - Like Holland V and Orchard.
3) When DTL stage 3 completes in 2017, it will be the longest MRT line in SG and brings you to the east, again to even more industrial parks, expo etc.
4) There's little worry about traffic congestion too. The BKE and PIE has already been widened. Traffic congestion has reduced greatly. 2 flyovers are being constructured along Upper Bukit Timah Road (again ready b4 the DTL stations opened) so Hillview congestion and Woodlands Road junction congestion will ease up.
5) Greenery. Nature Parks and Reserves. and even the zoo is closed by via Woodlands Road.
6) Dulwich College is essentially a school for children 1 to 13 years old (up to 12th graders). So I would expect the children will take school buses or be sent off to school by parents who does drive. So public transport is not that important.
7) Expats like the Upper Bukit Timah to Bukit Timah area. Visit The Grandstand on weekends and you will know. They are often seen doing grocery shopping at the neighbourhood malls as well.
8) Single PMETs prefer staying in the CBD areas and often rent a studio to 1 bedder. Size isn't as essential to them vs the hassle to clean and maintain a bigger place. The often travel out of SG on weekend trips and work trips too. On the otherhand for married couples with our without children, they would prefer to stay further away so the children has a more neighbourhood environment to stay in and will choose a more resort feel environment. This is my observation from working in a company where we have a high 60 per cent expat workforce.

D10 and some part of D23 have traditionally been the favorite area for expat community and thats the reason why property in those area are expensive. However things has changed over the last 5 years or so. Expats no long have big housing budgets and many international schools which used to locate in the central area have or are moving out while new international schools are being build in outskirt of Singapore. And thats exactly the reason why in D10, rental for family size apartment are so damn bad compared to area like JLD.

In terms of amenities there are very little to talk about in District 10, many of those neighborhood mall are old and small. Other than pockets of nice restaurants and shops selling overpriced items catering for expat community there are very little to talk about.

As for DTL, it will sure benefit people living along D23 however there is not enough reason to believe that is will benefit people with kids studying in Dulwich or CIS in JLD actually because the distant from Dulwich to the nearest DTL MRT station is more than 3 times the distant to Chinese Garden MRT so it will still be better off for them to take bus instead of train cum buses.

And it also important to note that JLD will be developed into the largest commercial hub outside CBD, it will be self sufficient with plenty of jobs, attractions, malls, hotels etc, so transportation connection to CBD will not be that crucial.

And you are right about PMET choosing compact size apartment and thats exactly the reason why I believe that rental yield for such apartment around JLD will be good due to the lack of supply in the western region.

Ringo33
07-09-14, 16:28

Perhaps you should ask yourself if there is a Fukushima incident happen in Singapore, do you tihnk this country will still be safe?

Jem
07-09-14, 16:55
As for DTL, it will sure benefit people living along D23 however there is not enough reason to believe that is will benefit people with kids studying in Dulwich or CIS in JLD actually because the distant from Dulwich to the nearest DTL MRT station is more than 3 times the distant to Chinese Garden MRT so it will still be better off for them to take bus instead of train cum buses.

And it also important to note that JLD will be developed into the largest commercial hub outside CBD, it will be self sufficient with plenty of jobs, attractions, malls, hotels etc, so transportation connection to CBD will not be that crucial.

I was saying just looking at Dulwich's student families preferred stay location in the immediate few years not extending to the long term value or potential of JLD.

There are lotsa devts along the Upper Bukit Timah area. Bukit Panjang Center will be a fully integrated transport hub and there's going to be a total of 2.5 neighbourhood malls. There's a new food centre in Bukit Panjang as well. That really takes care of daily needs. New SOHOs are opening in Hillview and again DTL will give a much better access to get out in the next 2 years - think Bukit Timah FC, Newton etc. People do move around during weekends too. I've also mentioned that the students are children 1 to 13 years old years and chances are they will be taking school buses more than. A 3 to 5 mins drive diffference doesn't make much of a difference and school buses routes works in routes of students home cluster not directly to the distance to school.

Ringo33
07-09-14, 17:29
I was saying just looking at Dulwich's student families preferred stay location in the immediate few years not extending to the long term value or potential of JLD.

There are lotsa devts along the Upper Bukit Timah area. Bukit Panjang Center will be a fully integrated transport hub and there's going to be a total of 2.5 neighbourhood malls. There's a new food centre in Bukit Panjang as well. That really takes care of daily needs. New SOHOs are opening in Hillview and again DTL will give a much better access to get out in the next 2 years - think Bukit Timah FC, Newton etc. People do move around during weekends too. I've also mentioned that the students are children 1 to 13 years old years and chances are they will be taking school buses more than. A 3 to 5 mins drive diffference doesn't make much of a difference and school buses routes works in routes of students home cluster not directly to the distance to school.

Expats families are no different from Singaporeans when it comes to children education and families will always want to choose a school which are closer to home or vice versa. Dulwich College is located in a very under developed area of Bukit Batok, which is right opposite the future Tengah township. So for expat, they will surely need to live in an area with amenities especially if they dont own a car. And if you look around that area around Dulwich College, there are no other place in the west that can match what JLD could offer.
Furniture, factory outlet, supermarkets, malls, restaurant, food court, golf course, fitness center, ice skating rink, medical center, science center, park etc etc.

When fully developed, JLD will be the "CCR" of the western region and people living with 5km radius will be gravitate towards JLD instead of Orchard.

Allthepies
07-09-14, 17:44
aiyo the fight is getting fierce once again. .. the solution is very simple lah, those who think bukit panjang is good go buy there lah, those who think Bukit Timah is good, buy there loh, those who like JLD, buy JLD loh, CBD-buy CBD, East Coast-buy East Coast...

this is a free country go buy whayever u like, no need to convince anyone urs is the "best" buy...

like that everybody is happy

Jem
07-09-14, 17:46
Not exactly though. I not sure how typical your weekends are. The people flocking to the malls and all are typically locals and more specific asians. Dulwich itself are made up of probably european/british students/families. They prefer to hang out at cafes, have gatherings with friends at home, explore new places. Plus Mandai Zoo is much nearer, even Jurong Bird Park is moving to Mandai. So it's good enough to have basic amenities nearby. You need to consider the true european lifestyle...

and you're wrong about SGreans sending their kids to nearby schools. They aim to send their kids to the best school and distance is not a concern for kiasu sgreans. Do u have kids btw?

I am not saying that JLD does not appeal. It does. and again I was talking about the immediate 2 to 3 years. JLD will take a few more years to be fully developed into its full potential. Just so you think I am disagreeing with you, I am not. I recently bought a place near JLD though that is for self stay reason and I have my own set of personal reasons for my choice and getting a huge return is low on my list.

Ringo33
07-09-14, 18:29
Not exactly though. I not sure how typical your weekends are. The people flocking to the malls and all are typically locals and more specific asians. Dulwich itself are made up of probably european/british students/families. They prefer to hang out at cafes, have gatherings with friends at home, explore new places. Plus Mandai Zoo is much nearer, even Jurong Bird Park is moving to Mandai. So it's good enough to have basic amenities nearby. You need to consider the true european lifestyle...

and you're wrong about SGreans sending their kids to nearby schools. They aim to send their kids to the best school and distance is not a concern for kiasu sgreans. Do u have kids btw?

I am not saying that JLD does not appeal. It does. and again I was talking about the immediate 2 to 3 years. JLD will take a few more years to be fully developed into its full potential. Just so you think I am disagreeing with you, I am not. I recently bought a place near JLD though that is for self stay reason and I have my own set of personal reasons for my choice and getting a huge return is low on my list.

I am not sure what exactly you are talking about here or why do you even bother to challenge the fact that International School are proven magnet for expats tenants.

Canadian International School have been operating in Jurong East for more than a year and there has already been an influx of expat community moving to D22 and D5 because parents want to live closer to their school.THIS IS FACT

And thats the reason why rental yield for property around JLD are above national average. THIS IS FACT

Beside CIS, there are also Japanese community living in the West who send their kids to Japanese schools along West Coast area. THIS IS FACT.

CIS doesnt only serve Caucasian students, there are actually many Japanese, Chinese and Indians kids studying in CIS. THIS IS FACT

So there is no reason to believe why Dulwich will be different especially when they are also going to be offering Mandarin as second language.

It is also a FACT that in any school, majority of the students are living nearby. If you dont believe, go ask any primary school in Singapore to see if thats a FACT or not.

Actually I am not even sure if you have the slightest clue about having kids or kiasu parents. Do you know that it is not the school bus that actually make parents kiasu, it is to live within 1km from the school so that they can have priority during phase 2C enrollment that make them kiasu? Are you not aware that proximity to popular school is asset when comes to property?

Please do enrich yourself with facts and knowledge before engage in such discussion.

And I am guessing that you next reply is going to something way off what we are talking about. Perhaps you will be talking about Jia Jia Kai Kai living in the zoo or something.

sunrise
07-09-14, 18:39
Expats families are no different from Singaporeans when it comes to children education and families will always want to choose a school which are closer to home or vice versa. Dulwich College is located in a very under developed area of Bukit Batok, which is right opposite the future Tengah township. So for expat, they will surely need to live in an area with amenities especially if they dont own a car. And if you look around that area around Dulwich College, there are no other place in the west that can match what JLD could offer.
Furniture, factory outlet, supermarkets, malls, restaurant, food court, golf course, fitness center, ice skating rink, medical center, science center, park etc etc.

When fully developed, JLD will be the "CCR" of the western region and people living with 5km radius will be gravitate towards JLD instead of Orchard.

You have proven yourself as 3rd class investor in this forum. Good buy doesn't have to blow trumpet. Only pun pee pee.

Ringo33
07-09-14, 21:34
You have proven yourself as 3rd class investor in this forum. Good buy doesn't have to blow trumpet. Only pun pee pee.

Its better to be "3rd or 4th class" (not sure what does that mean actually) investor than a troll who doesnt know where to invest actually.

sunrise
07-09-14, 22:17
Its better to be "3rd or 4th class" (not sure what does that mean actually) investor than a troll who doesnt know where to invest actually.

Hahaha... Gateway owners watching you since day one. To back or to sack you.

Jem
07-09-14, 23:01
LOL!!! I really think u have a severe case of selective reading ringo. I think I have repeatedly said that my 2 cents were
was ONLY limited to the scope of comparing expat families who send children there to study is likely to prefer to choose to stay along upper bukit timah road vs Jurong area in the next 2 to 3 years and why.

Cannot understand why you kept expanding the scope of my comments and misinterpreting what I was trying to say? How would 1km within Dulwich matters since it's not applicable to students going there? U r going round and round arguing with everyone who made some comments and u only have a one sided view.

And of cuz on primary school admissions I well know there's a slight advantage in staying within 1km but to help u get ur facts better, the 1km is often used as a last backup. Kiasu parents would have most likely secured a place through alumni, parent volunteer and other means like attending an affiliated church. This point itself has no relevance to my comments in Dulwich.

And to allthepies, I think some ppl join a forum for healthy discussions. Whereas some join a forum to make their stand period :p

Ringo33
08-09-14, 01:21
LOL!!! I really think u have a severe case of selective reading ringo. I think I have repeatedly said that my 2 cents were
was ONLY limited to the scope of comparing expat families who send children there to study is likely to prefer to choose to stay along upper bukit timah road vs Jurong area in the next 2 to 3 years and why.

Cannot understand why you kept expanding the scope of my comments and misinterpreting what I was trying to say? How would 1km within Dulwich matters since it's not applicable to students going there? U r going round and round arguing with everyone who made some comments and u only have a one sided view.

And of cuz on primary school admissions I well know there's a slight advantage in staying within 1km but to help u get ur facts better, the 1km is often used as a last backup. Kiasu parents would have most likely secured a place through alumni, parent volunteer and other means like attending an affiliated church. This point itself has no relevance to my comments in Dulwich.

And to allthepies, I think some ppl join a forum for healthy discussions. Whereas some join a forum to make their stand period :p

As I have expected, there is nothing in your reply that contain any FACTS or is it related to the original intent of our discussion about the importance of proximity to International School.

And instead of challenging what I have posted with FACTS, you started to making personal insult, which reminds me a lot of some of those forummer who have come and go using different forum accounts.

Here is a recap.

a) You said that DTL will make it more appealing for family with kids going to Dulwich to live in Hillview Bukit Panjang area etc because there is a DTL going to CBD.
And you even went as far as saying neighborhood malls in Bukit Panjang etc are going to make it more appealing to expat etc.

b) And you also go to say that living close to school is not important and even question if I have experience raising kids.

c) Then you go on to make wild speculation that Dulwich international school (which just open its door a month ago) to cater mostly to Caucasian student

d) And you started speculating about how expat family spend their free time?? cafe?? visiting Mandai Zoo, Jurong Bird Park??

e) And now you are talking about alumni parent volunteer (which is completely off topic)

In any case I have already rebut your nonsensical reasoning with facts, so perhaps you should learn not to be too selective in your reading.

Canadian International School have been operating in Jurong East for more than a year and there has already been an influx of expat community moving to D22 and D5 because parents want to live closer to their school.THIS IS FACT

And thats the reason why rental yield for property around JLD are above national average. THIS IS FACT

Beside CIS, there are also Japanese community living in the West who send their kids to Japanese schools along West Coast area. THIS IS FACT.

CIS doesnt only serve Caucasian students, there are actually many Japanese, Chinese and Indians kids studying in CIS. THIS IS FACT

So there is no reason to believe why Dulwich will be different especially when they are also going to be offering Mandarin as second language.

It is also a FACT that in any school, majority of the students are living nearby. If you dont believe, go ask any primary school in Singapore to see if thats a FACT or not.

Actually I am not even sure if you have the slightest clue about having kids or kiasu parents. Do you know that it is not the school bus that actually make parents kiasu, it is to live within 1km from the school so that they can have priority during phase 2C enrollment that make them kiasu? Are you not aware that proximity to popular school is asset when comes to property?

1) Do you have reason to believe that a person who know about phase 2C P1 registration doesnt know what is phase 2A and 2B? And since our discussion we are talking about distant to school, so what is the point to talk about alumi or parent volunteer? Are you trying to throw more unrelated things into this discussion to make yourself sound knowledgeable?

2) Are you aware the school proximity and convenient is one of the most important for factor in school selection for all parents from around the world? And there are also FACTS to show that majority students in any particular preschool or primary schools come from nearby estate.

3) If school proximity is not important, do you think that MOE will give distant based priority kids living closer to school?

Again, please enrich yourself with more relevant knowledge and facts before trying to engage in this discussion.

teddybear
08-09-14, 09:41
Joke or not, people can tell.

My comments are based on logics and physics priniciple, not just talk any how I like, not like Ringo or you.

NEA PSI measures defies logic, that is a fact, an undeniable fact!

This is because we know that the source of MAIN pollution in Singapore (which is producing pollution 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and at such intensity and concentration in the West by all heavy industries in Singapore (which are only located in the West)) MUST always have highest pollution than all other places in Singapore! May be you are ignorant not to know that these refinery and chemical plants work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and can't shut down for break (except for scheduled maintenance). However, NEA PSI measures, not only didn't tally with such principle, but can even produce measure that the West has least air pollution and best air quality! That must have been the biggest joke of all time! :tongue4:

Your comment is even the biggest joke. If ppl choose to listen to your rubbish rather than believing on the PSI standard and NEA measurement, what can we say....

There are ppl here who want to convince ppl and there are ppl here who wants to share. Ultimately if there is any disagreement, point it out for discussion and maybe we can learn from there....hope this forum is still good for me to pick up some good tips and info...cheers.

Patrickstar
08-09-14, 16:05
Oops...i smell trouble for those who bought those mickey mouse units at J Gateway at 17xxpsf. This forum has been kind enough to forewarn those at risk of becoming carrotheads, but they still end up as such.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php/22350-Suburban-shoebox-units-Bottom-falling-out-of-sector?p=488983#post488983

k00L
08-09-14, 20:59
JLD vs Hillview

AYE vs BKE : BKE traffic is generally better, close fight but hillview wins here
Jurong lake vs bukit timah reserve : depends on personal preferences
Air quality: it is quite clear to everyone by now
East-west MRT vs Downtown line : Hillview wins due to better connectivity for downtown line, extreme crowded east-west line
Shopping in JLD vs shopping in Hillview. JLD wins but expats prefer the grand stand for more laid back, gourmet experience
Hospital : JLD wins with jurong hospital. But doubt expats will go to Jurong for medical treatment since they are private patients that dont qualify for subsidized rate, they go to gleneagles, mount e or raffles hospitals in CCR

Ringo33
08-09-14, 23:27
JLD vs Hillview

AYE vs BKE : BKE traffic is generally better, close fight but hillview wins here
Jurong lake vs bukit timah reserve : depends on personal preferences
Air quality: it is quite clear to everyone by now
East-west MRT vs Downtown line : Hillview wins due to better connectivity for downtown line, extreme crowded east-west line
Shopping in JLD vs shopping in Hillview. JLD wins but expats prefer the grand stand for more laid back, gourmet experience
Hospital : JLD wins with jurong hospital. But doubt expats will go to Jurong for medical treatment since they are private patients that dont qualify for subsidized rate, they go to gleneagles, mount e or raffles hospitals in CCR

a) when someone say that BKE is GENERALLY better it only mean that its not much better
b) Personal preference depend on one ability to climb the hill or people who prefer to have a nice talk in the garden without having to worry too much about falling
c) Air quality is pretty clear because quality of air is quantifiable, if someone tell you its not, that mean he or she has been drinking too much
d) East West? This is so damn old school. People today are talking about CRL, the first MRT that is going to have an express service that connect people in the far east to the west
e) Shopping. Please ask KOOL what he think is available in Hillview that are not available in JLD. At least I know that in JLD, there are upmarket french bakery, up market Chinese restaurant, upmarket Japenese Restaurant, upmarket retailers such as AX Katespade etc, Fitness first platinum, tons of nice food court and eateries, upmarket supermarket like Isetan.
f) Healthcare? The richer you get, the more important it get. But more importantly, it always good to know that a world class hospital is just a stone throw away.

Ringo33
08-09-14, 23:30
Oops...i smell trouble for those who bought those mickey mouse units at J Gateway at 17xxpsf. This forum has been kind enough to forewarn those at risk of becoming carrotheads, but they still end up as such.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php/22350-Suburban-shoebox-units-Bottom-falling-out-of-sector?p=488983#post488983

perhaps you should update yourself with facts rather than your uneducated personal opinion.

May I suggest that you study the rental yield of Lakefront and Caspian before talking nonsense

Like I said before, never assume that CCR are all the same because if you bought at the wrong side of CCR, you will still be treated as second class.

Patrickstar
09-09-14, 02:42
More than a hundred rental listings for Caspian with many trying to rent out rooms. Remember the entry price of those who bought Caspian n lakefront at launch as opposed to J gateway when you compare rental yield. Did the agents sink into you that rental yield would be fantastic for J gateway? Lol....a carrothead will always be one.

I advise you to read the article one more time as it is definitely written by someone more experienced than you about pty investment :D

perhaps you should update yourself with facts rather than your uneducated personal opinion.

May I suggest that you study the rental yield of Lakefront and Caspian before talking nonsense

Like I said before, never assume that CCR are all the same because if you bought at the wrong side of CCR, you will still be treated as second class.

Patrickstar
09-09-14, 03:00
This unit is expensive n tiny for 99yr OCR, any takers?

Ringo33
09-09-14, 06:34
More than a hundred rental listings for Caspian with many trying to rent out rooms. Remember the entry price of those who bought Caspian n lakefront at launch as opposed to J gateway when you compare rental yield. Did the agents sink into you that rental yield would be fantastic for J gateway? Lol....a carrothead will always be one.

I advise you to read the article one more time as it is definitely written by someone more experienced than you about pty investment :D

Not too long ago, there was a troll who keep telling everyone that those who bought Caspian were carrot head. Then when Caspian TOP, he realized he was completely wrong and decided to retire from his old account and set up a forum account to continue trolling.

I would advise you not to follow the footstep of this troll or you end up having to change forum account when J Gateway TOP.

Patrickstar
09-09-14, 11:37
I know you wished you had bought Caspian at 5xx psf but too bad you paid 17xx psf for your mickey mouse unit at J Gateway. I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or to ROTFL.

Not too long ago, there was a troll who keep telling everyone that those who bought Caspian were carrot head. Then when Caspian TOP, he realized he was completely wrong and decided to retire from his old account and set up a forum account to continue trolling.

I would advise you not to follow the footstep of this troll or you end up having to change forum account when J Gateway TOP.

k00L
09-09-14, 12:06
Today Straits Times newspaper reported that

"A Client, who owns a two-bedder at the Lakefront Residences in Lakeside Drive near Jurong, found a tenant only after he dropped asking rents from $3800 a month to "below $3000" "

Jialat....

sunrise
09-09-14, 12:52

"A Client, who owns a two-bedder at the Lakefront Residences in Lakeside Drive near Jurong, found a tenant only after he dropped asking rents from $3800 a month to "below $3000" "

Jialat....

if surrounding condos slash pricings, the so call "best buy" is going to be the "first to cry"
beware! never too happy buying future price.

EBD
09-09-14, 13:04

Jialat....

You can see asking price for 2 bedder at $2700. Looks like price war will be on soon.

If you took 800k loan at 1.5% - that's a monthly payment of 2760 for 30yrs. Realistically overall will be higher due to mgt + conservancy. Could already be sucking money out every month rather than in.

interest change to more normal 4% - $3819 / month repayment. I'm sure all good property investor is prepared for this likely outcome and will have no problem dealing with it.
What would be worse is if you bought at sky high price as you enter too late and cannot even sell it to get out of the trap.

Ringo33
09-09-14, 13:37
Lakefront Resident MM renting out at 2800psf month.
Assuming 495sqft, that will be $5.66 psf rent.
Assuming 1500psf, rental yield will be 4.5%

By the time J Gateway TOP, I think that place should be able to command more than $3k for sure.

Patrickstar
09-09-14, 15:13
To obtain $3k a month for your 474sqft unit, pray hard that a plate of chicken rice in the coffeeshop cost $10 a plate.

Lakefront Resident MM renting out at 2800psf month.
Assuming 495sqft, that will be $5.66 psf rent.
Assuming 1500psf, rental yield will be 4.5%

By the time J Gateway TOP, I think that place should be able to command more than $3k for sure.

k00L
09-09-14, 15:53
The Strait Times reported that

"There were 762 (LakeFront Residences) rental listings on online PropertyGuru for the 620-unit project"

Massive oversupply already in JLD and still asking $3k/month for J-Gateway 495 square feet unit that faces the noisy MRT tracks and vehicular pollution from bus interchange?

Patrickstar
09-09-14, 16:24
Not just the oversupply situation, but $3k to rent a place with poor quality of life doesn't make sense. Imagine the tenant having to fry bacon n eggs at the doorway every morning due to the poor layout. I think for less than $3k, can rent a spacious EA or five room flat around the area n enjoy the same amenities.

The Strait Times reported that

"There were 762 (LakeFront Residences) rental listings on online PropertyGuru for the 620-unit project"

Massive oversupply already in JLD and still asking $3k/month for J-Gateway 495 square feet unit that faces the noisy MRT tracks and vehicular pollution from bus interchange?

Ringo33
09-09-14, 16:28
To obtain $3k a month for your 474sqft unit, pray hard that a plate of chicken rice in the coffeeshop cost $10 a plate.

Please dont make a fool out of yourself please. If Lakefront can command $2800, why is it not possible for J Gateway to command >$3k?

Patrickstar
09-09-14, 17:22
I think you must have mistaken between asking rental and transacted rental. Of the 700+ units put up for rent, i only saw one 495sqft unit asking $2800 (btw ur unit is 474sqft not 495sqft). I also saw a 7xx sqft 2 bedroom unit at lakefront asking $3100, so i gather the owner is prepared to rent below $3k after negotiations. Enjoy browsing through the 700 + listings n if you are free, can call up every agent n check how is the response.

Please dont make a fool out of yourself please. If Lakefront can command $2800, why is it not possible for J Gateway to command >$3k?

Ringo33
09-09-14, 18:11
I think you must have mistaken between asking rental and transacted rental. Of the 700+ units put up for rent, i only saw one 495sqft unit asking $2800 (btw ur unit is 474sqft not 495sqft). I also saw a 7xx sqft 2 bedroom unit at lakefront asking $3100, so i gather the owner is prepared to rent below $3k after negotiations. Enjoy browsing through the 700 + listings n if you are free, can call up every agent n check how is the response.

I think you are too amateurish to know where to look for actual rental transaction price.
No wonder you need to constantly make up so many stories to convince yourself

Ringo33
09-09-14, 20:07
Dont let the troll mislead you that the grapes are sour because they are not.

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/market-watch/shoebox-rental

Patrickstar
10-09-14, 01:40
You base your projected rental on 1 or 2 transactions in Caspian? lol....no wonder carrotheads are always carrotheads.

I advise you to take a look at propertyguru to see what the two bedroom units in caspian are asking in terms of rent now before you start blowing your trumpet that you will be getting more than $3k a month in rental for your micro minnie mouse 474sqft unit in J gateway. Btw almost all the units listed below are negotiable.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18318756/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18247819/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18339300/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18275090/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18291572/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18305093/for-rent-caspian

I think you are too amateurish to know where to look for actual rental transaction price.
No wonder you need to constantly make up so many stories to convince yourself

Ringo33
10-09-14, 08:17
You base your projected rental on 1 or 2 transactions in Caspian? lol....no wonder carrotheads are always carrotheads.

I advise you to take a look at propertyguru to see what the two bedroom units in caspian are asking in terms of rent now before you start blowing your trumpet that you will be getting more than $3k a month in rental for your micro minnie mouse 474sqft unit in J gateway. Btw almost all the units listed below are negotiable.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18318756/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18247819/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18339300/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18291572/for-rent-caspian

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18305093/for-rent-caspian

Please learn to do your own research on facts rather than relying on story telling to smoke your way around this forum.

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=caspian
https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=the-lakefront-residences

Dont waste your time trying to go against the force of logic, it never work.