PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Ringo33
14-07-13, 17:15
errr... you bluff me... onemap does not show rental vs own stay....

instead of accuse me of bluffing, why dont you eat some humble pie and ask me to show you instead.

wind30
14-07-13, 17:15
When you say JLD is inaccessible to other areas of Singapore, which areas are you referring to? Do you mean the Orchard Road and Marina Bay areas? Isn't distance relative? If I look at the map of Singapore, areas like Sembawang, Woodlands, Tampines, Pasir Ris, Ponggol, Sengkang, Yishun, Seletar will also be inaccessible to the ''OTHER AREAS OF SINGAPORE" So where should ordinary Singaporeans stay? In Orchard, Holland and Marina Bay?

These kind of statements are really :doh:

err.... accessibility is not about distance.... it is about time...

If everything is as simple as you think... sigh...

You just look at how bad the traffic leading into and out of the west is NOW. Think about how much worse it will be 3 years from now...

Xan
14-07-13, 17:18
Okok ... the above is becoming real lame - how come u assume people dont have access to URA website to know that recent 6 months transactions shows that a studio in The Sail is done at abt $2,0xx psd ?

It is true that if someone pays $1,800 for a 1x floor Jurong condo, he is only paying $2xx psf less than The Sail @ Marina Bay !!! For those buyers who knows this but still insist on buying Jurong, then I have nothing to say.... But if these buyers NOW then know that The Sail studio is going for $2,0xx psf ... well ... nothing Office Boy can say ...

But in conclusion, the below numbers :

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Residence 4368psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

Hehe, relax bro, hard truth is always difficult for someone to swallow who possibly just realised if he needs to pay another 2xx psf on top of his jurong mm, he would hv gotten a mm unit at marina.
That's why I don't even bother to bicker with him. Ciao guys :D

wind30
14-07-13, 17:19
instead of accuse me of bluffing, why dont you eat some humble pie and ask me to show you instead.

Oh, I realise what happen, I set the date to 2012 (to see relevant data) so I did not see the tenancy option.

Anyway the data for tenancy is only available for 2000... thirteen years ago...

I mean thirteen years ago Jurong is like... err... Jurong :)

Ringo33
14-07-13, 17:20
err.... accessibility is not about distance.... it is about time...

If everything is as simple as you think... sigh...

You just look at how bad the traffic leading into and out of the west is NOW. Think about how much worse it will be 3 years from now...

Please dont try to make something out of nothing.

The most congested road in the morning is CTE and ECP leading in and out of the city, thats they they have ERP gantry in those area.

Ringo33
14-07-13, 17:23
Hehe, relax bro, hard truth is always difficult for someone to swallow who possibly just realised if he needs to pay another 2xx psf on top of his jurong mm, he would hv gotten a mm unit at marina.

that hard truth is that there was one unit at the sail transacted at 2900psf recently and the record price for the sail was around 3400psf, But you have selectively pick a 2000psf transaction to argue that J Gateway record price of $1700psf is only 300psf cheaper than the sail.

That my friend is the HARD TRUTH.

Ringo33
14-07-13, 17:26
Oh, I realise what happen, I set the date to 2012 (to see relevant data) so I did not see the tenancy option.

Anyway the data for tenancy is only available for 2000... thirteen years ago...

I mean thirteen years ago Jurong is like... err... Jurong :)
again, why do you always like to think you are so smart and others are dumb?

Xan
14-07-13, 17:31
that hard truth is that there was one unit at the sail transacted at 2900psf recently and the record price for the sail was around 3400psf, But you have selectively pick a 2000psf transaction to argue that J Gateway record price of $1700psf is only 300psf cheaper than the sail.

That my friend is the HARD TRUTH.

Was comparing mm the sail vs mm jurong, which I think v fair and relevant.
It was a transaction done in June, quite recent also.
I am trying to advocate what u always said here: "facts and figures please"
Yes, when presented with facts and figures, if u still choose to live in denial, u have a choice and I got nothing to say. U r entitled to your opinion.
Trust me, this is my last post to u. Talk is cheap. No point bickering.

Ringo33
14-07-13, 17:46
Was comparing mm the sail vs mm jurong, which I think v fair and relevant.
It was a transaction done in June, quite recent also.
I am trying to advocate what u always said here: "facts and figures please"
Yes, when presented with facts and figures, if u still choose to live in denial, u have a choice and I got nothing to say. U r entitled to your opinion.
Trust me, this is my last post to u. Talk is cheap. No point bickering.

1) The Sail doesnt have MM, so get this fact into your system first

2) The Sail is a TOP project since 2008, you are comparing that to a NEW LAUNCH

3) You are using the highest transacted price of J Gateway to compare with a low floor unit at the sail. Why didnt you use the 2900psf transaction for comparison?

So Mister, what do you mean by fair and relevant? To you and you only perhaps?

teddybear
14-07-13, 18:03
Jurong are only for transient people because stay too long most got lung cancer due to the heavily polluted air and very high dose of PM2.5 which is not visible by the way and quite smellness...

It is all about who you want your neighbours to be right?

To you it may not be important but to others it is important.

I feel that JLD is good for people who work there and there are a LOT of people who work there. So the rental prospect is probably good. There are a LOT of facilities coming up in the area which was not found anywhere else other than the city like, kinokuniya, paul breadstore, Isetan supermarket, etc.

But it is not so good for own stay as it is very inaccessible to other areas of singapore. If you stay there, are you going to work there for the rest of your life?

I just feel that the people living in JLD will have a high proportion of rental people...

Xan
14-07-13, 18:04
I'm going to break my rules replying u one more post since u r so insistent in your argument.
For the past 6 months, most mm units in the sail hovers ard 2kpsf. These units can even be at high floor 31-35 floor. It is not unique to just one transaction only . So pls open your eye big big and see before u argue for the sake of arguing.
If you r so confident in your Jurong mm investment, U would not be so gan jiong to set up a thread like this. Enough said.
Ciao. :D

Ringo33
14-07-13, 18:25
I'm going to break my rules replying u one more post since u r so insistent in your argument.
For the past 6 months, most mm units in the sail hovers ard 2kpsf. These units can even be at high floor 31-35 floor. It is not unique to just one transaction only . So pls open your eye big big and see before u argue for the sake of arguing.
If you r so confident in your Jurong mm investment, U would not be so gan jiong to set up a thread like this. Enough said.
Ciao. :D

if you want to talk about the sail, talk about facing. thats more important than floor.

did you ask if ALL units at J gateway was selling at $1700psf or was it just selective few on the higher floor with good facing?

Then again, if good facing higher floor at the sail can command for 2900psf and above, then why didnt you bring that up for comparison?

Better go do some homework first before comment lah.

DKSG
14-07-13, 18:30

Yea. I decided to let people stay in their own Jurong $1,700 psf world lo!

New or old whatever is not too important, the important thing is if you have $1.x mil, will u choose to buy brand new haven TOP project in Jurong for $1,700 or a unit in The Sail for $2,0xx psf ?! I think this is a no brainer.

I just want to make sure that there are no innocent readers here who think that the $1,700 psf Jurong is more worthy than the $2,0xx psf The Sail!

DKSG

DKSG
14-07-13, 18:34
if you want to talk about the sail, talk about facing. thats more important than floor.

did you ask if ALL units at J gateway was selling at $1700psf or was it just selective few on the higher floor with good facing?

Then again, if good facing higher floor at the sail can command for 2900psf and above, then why didnt you bring that up for comparison?

Better go do some homework first before comment lah.

Even if the lousy facing of The Sail is worth more at $2,0xx psf than the best facing Jurong condo. Dont you agree ?

Well, I dont think you will agree la!

Just want to other readers to be mindful of the warped arguments here.

$2,0xx psf The Sail (whatever facing, or even many years older than new Jurong PC) is Confirm. Chop. Sign. worth MUCH MORE MORE than a new Jurong haven take keys condo.

You can put a thread to let people vote and see.

DKSG

Xan
14-07-13, 18:37
Hahahaha, I got to re-evaluate your IQ again and make sure im not talking to an 'idiot' as what ur signature suggest.
What sort of facing/views are you talking about in jurong? compared with the sail?
Hahahaha. You make my day. :doh:

DKSG
14-07-13, 18:41
Hahahaha, I got to re-evaluate your IQ again and make sure im not talking to an 'idiot' as what ur signature suggest.
What sort of facing/views are you talking about in jurong? compared with the sail?
Hahahaha. You make my day. :doh:

OMG! You are damn right man!

Are we one of those who are discussing with a single digit IQ person ?!

Alamak! Tell me when you re-evaluated, I dont want to lower my IQ too!

DKSG

xebay11
14-07-13, 19:17
Even if the lousy facing of The Sail is worth more at $2,0xx psf than the best facing Jurong condo. Dont you agree ?

Well, I dont think you will agree la!

Just want to other readers to be mindful of the warped arguments here.

$2,0xx psf The Sail (whatever facing, or even many years older than new Jurong PC) is Confirm. Chop. Sign. worth MUCH MORE MORE than a new Jurong haven take keys condo.

You can put a thread to let people vote and see.

DKSG

Bro that is the beauty of property investment, always buy worth much less when you bought it and watch it appreciate later. Many cases of loss cause investment multiplying many times later, on fact the sail was one of them, originally launched at about $900 psf and for 99 year leasehold, everyone was laughing then, now everyone is singing high praises.

No need to vote here, the fact that J Gateway was oversold is good enough results. Property investment is never about hindsight but foresight.

Allthepies
14-07-13, 19:32
Project Name
Street Name
Type
Postal
District
Market
Segment
Tenure
No. of
Units
Price
($ '000)
Area
(Sqft)1

Type of
Area2

Floor Level
Unit Price
($psf)3

Date of Option
Exercised / Sales
Agreement Signed
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,340,000 667 Strata 01 to 05 2,008 Jun-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,650,000 861 Strata 11 to 15 1,916 May-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,000,000 689 Strata 36 to 40 2,903 Apr-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,100,000 1,647 Strata 16 to 20 2,490 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,056,000 1,647 Strata 06 to 10 2,463 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,350,000 657 Strata 11 to 15 2,056 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,380,000 667 Strata 31 to 35 2,068 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 12,500,000 6,297 Strata 66 to 70 1,985 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 5,680,000 2,282 Strata 36 to 40 2,489 Jan-13
THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,700,000 1,184 Strata 11 to 15 2,280 Jan-13

Guys guys look at the quantum, an entry level investor is ill afford to buy a >1.3million property la, an MM at J-gateway cost very very much less than 1million loh... 700k to 800k?..

If the investor has unlimited budget, why would he even buy the Sail at 2000psf? He would be better of to bid for land at $1000psf and build his own condo at only $1500psf?

It is all about at which level the investor is at...

amk
14-07-13, 20:13
Actually u r right, Jgateway is just a 7-800k bet. This area has sufficient 3k rental demand, so it's not likely to lose money lah. Not an atas area but the target tenants are not atas ppl either, so ok what. You can make money in every segment.

While you guys are at it, how about the upcoming CDL Commonwealth project ? Next to Queenstown MRT, no mall, expected psf is also 1700 , both brand new, but no mega plans in queenstown though.
... And queenstown , just like bishan, has the highest HDB prices.

lajia
14-07-13, 20:17
u can see if it is sold out in 1 day or not...that will show its popularity and demand...

Actually u r right, Jgateway is just a 7-800k bet. This area has sufficient 3k rental demand, so it's not likely to lose money lah. Not an atas area but the target tenants are not atas ppl either, so ok what. You can make money in every segment.

While you guys are at it, how about the upcoming CDL Commonwealth project ? Next to Queenstown MRT, no mall, expected psf is also 1700 , both brand new, but no mega plans in queenstown though.

Simi
14-07-13, 20:22
u can see if it is sold out in 1 day or not...that will show its popularity and demand...

and also J Gateway about 3 times over subscribed

Xan
14-07-13, 20:35
Guys guys look at the quantum, an entry level investor is ill afford to buy a >1.3million property la, an MM at J-gateway cost very very much less than 1million loh... 700k to 800k?..

If the investor has unlimited budget, why would he even buy the Sail at 2000psf? He would be better of to bid for land at $1000psf and build his own condo at only $1500psf?

Size of the sail is 6xxsqft whereas size of jurong mm is 4xxsqft. That explain the quantum diff.
If u want to talk about quantum, just top up a bit more, you pay 9xxk for espada mm, still less than 1 mil mah. U get near orchard instead. Many shades difference right? Somemore a FH. Of cos espada mm slightly smaller.
Don't get it wrong, I'm not encouraging pple to buy espada or CCR properties. Not a supporter of CCR properties either. However, mindset probably need to be changed if jurong mm can sell at 1650psf. Perhaps it's time to relook at CCR projects that has psf or quantum that is close to jurong. My :2cents:

Allthepies
14-07-13, 20:41

The rental for MM at Alexis is $3000-$3500... if can get at $700-$800K hoot ah... But I guess they will price it nearer to 1mil or more

wind30
14-07-13, 20:42

Can you rent out a 500 sqft apartment at 3k in Jurong? There are a LOT of HDB houses in that area. What is the rental for a 4room HDB near Lakeside or bukit gombak MRT? They are like 5 mins away by MRT....

They say average selling price for 1bedroom for Jgate is 1778 psf so that is around 890k for a 1 bedder... Is that correct? I got this from the online news.

3centsworth
14-07-13, 20:45
and also J Gateway about 3 times over subscribed

I wasn't sure why this is a sold out project until I went for a first hand check on the place. I came away very impressed. The area is buzzing with a hive of construction activity. Westgate, big box, NTF and JCH are being built. JEM is jammed with shoppers and diners. definitely a happening place. It does seem that the area is being transformed in a big way. I guess that explain why the project is 100% sold out on its preview.

Allthepies
14-07-13, 20:47
Size of the sail is 6xxsqft whereas size of jurong mm is 4xxsqft. That explain the quantum diff.
If u want to talk about quantum, just top up a bit more, you pay 9xxk for espada mm, still less than 1 mil mah. U get near orchard instead. Many shades difference right? Somemore a FH. Of cos espada mm slightly smaller.
Don't get it wrong, I'm not encouraging pple to buy espada or CCR properties. Not a supporter of CCR properties either. However, mindset probably need to be changed if jurong mm can sell at 1650psf. Perhaps it's time to relook at CCR projects that has psf or quantum that is close to jurong. My :2cents:

the last wave consumers look at quantum... yup Espada quantum is more affordable for those wanting a "CCR" property... Ultimately we are looking at yield and affordability...

Simi
14-07-13, 20:51
I wasn't sure why this is a sold out project until I went for a first hand check on the place. I came away very impressed. The area is buzzing with a hive of construction activity. Westgate, big box, NTF and JCH are being built. JEM is jammed with shoppers and diners. definitely a happening place. It does seem that the area is being transformed in a big way. I guess that explain why the project is 100% sold out on its preview.

The more I look at the Plan

the more I am attracted to it

lionhill
14-07-13, 20:57
Can you rent out a 500 sqft apartment at 3k in Jurong? There are a LOT of HDB houses in that area. What is the rental for a 4room HDB near Lakeside or bukit gombak MRT? They are like 5 mins away by MRT....

They say average selling price for 1bedroom for Jgate is 1778 psf so that is around 890k for a 1 bedder... Is that correct? I got this from the online news.
the highest price of JGateway is $17XX psf, not average one.

understand a 600sqf 2-bedder in JGateway can be bought at less than 900k. I am sure it can be rented at 3k+ per month.

no place is cheap in SG now, no matter it is CCR or OCR.

I suggested people buying CCR. In the end, I bought OCR (not J gateway), my friends also bought OCR. I only read cheap CCR price from this forum. when viewing a specific unit, no one is cheap.

Regulators
14-07-13, 21:04
$800k is not a lot, but paying $800k for a 474sqft unit in jurong is a lot. Livability is an issue, noise pollution from track n tenants wanting to pay $3000 to rent such a tiny unit are other issues to consider. Inflation would probably drive prices up by a few per cent in the next few years but i do not see huge capital gains for j gateway like centris or caspian. Future growth for new launches will never repeat history. In the past, ppl buy new launches n reap from capital gains coz developers sell lower or similar to surrounding projects in compensation for buyers waiting out the construction period. Now developers sell at future pricing at prices*several*hundred psf higher than a nearby project n lemmings still fall for it. Ringo33 is obviously looking too much at past charts to justify his investment , if things were that simple in investment , anyone can just dump all their money in stocks after doing technical analysis

Allthepies
14-07-13, 21:04
The more I look at the Plan

the more I am attracted to it

J-gateway is definitely a high growth and exciting area... I have been monitoring and witnessing the area development since 2010 as I stay around there :D people can disagree but we west people enjoy the area...

Looking forward to the opening of the 24hr 10 screen Cathay cinema in JEM...:D :D

For investment, it is another story, you need to do your own sum and calculations...

Regulators
14-07-13, 21:09
The plans for JLD are definitely good , but j gateway pricing isn't :D
J-gateway is definitely a high growth and exciting area... I have been monitoring and witnessing the area development since 2010 as I stay around there :D people can disagree but we west people enjoy the area...

Looking forward to the opening of the 24hr 10 screen Cathay cinema in JEM...:D :D

For investment, it is another story, you need to do your own sum and calculations...

Allthepies
14-07-13, 21:18

The investors have to do their own calculations...:D :D

Me not vested in j-gateways..

DC33_2008
14-07-13, 21:26
Do you mean $800k for a 500sqft unit that can fetch $3k rental?

Simi
14-07-13, 21:38

With the hotels coming up and some cluster hotels opposite the lake (West Lake)couple with so many office blocks this JLD and J Gateway will be the town that never sleeps, 24hours activities.

Did not buy J Gateway either but might do it in the near future :ashamed1:

CondoWE
14-07-13, 21:38

Good plan with lower price = tankuku :rolleyes: !

Regulators
14-07-13, 21:42
U referring to j gateway buyers ? They really have to tankuku for the price they paid to be considered good price :D
Good plan with lower price = tankuku :rolleyes: !

Wait Long Long
14-07-13, 21:45
Then Orchard is also for transient people cos the PM2.5 at this time of posting is highest in the East and the South (which includes Orchard)

Best to stay in Central (Thomson) where PM2.5 reading is the lowest.

Jurong are only for transient people because stay too long most got lung cancer due to the heavily polluted air and very high dose of PM2.5 which is not visible by the way and quite smellness...

Regulators
14-07-13, 21:46
Maybe u can consider buying ringo33's unit for $2000psf. You can gv him more ammo to come here n brag about j gateways potential :D
With the hotels coming up and some cluster hotels opposite the lake (West Lake)couple with so many office blocks this JLD and J Gateway will be the town that never sleeps, 24hours activities.

Did not buy J Gateway either but might do it in the near future :ashamed1:

Simi
14-07-13, 21:53
Air Quality Index as of now

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/central/

West recorded the lowest

amk
14-07-13, 22:17

2bd at least 3.x k, 1bd at least 2.x to 3k. Low quantum high demand in the west. (why u put a price tag there ? Nothing to do with the price)
HDB rental ? Even low level ang mo will not rent HDB. Plus dun be surprised gov tightens HDB rental rules further.
I'm not totally positive on this, but I'm not that negative either. One thing I'm confident is that there will be no shortage of tenant. When recession / crisis comes, what you need is a tenant not the yield. However I do see the upside on capital gain is limited. As someone said the hype is already priced in. So if you feel like the JLD story will be THAT phenomenal, it's alright to place your bet. You are not going to lose much thanks to the rent. For the upside, it's a personal belief, no need to justify. (it's like faith ;) )

Ringo33
14-07-13, 22:36
Yea. I decided to let people stay in their own Jurong $1,700 psf world lo!

New or old whatever is not too important, the important thing is if you have $1.x mil, will u choose to buy brand new haven TOP project in Jurong for $1,700 or a unit in The Sail for $2,0xx psf ?! I think this is a no brainer.

I just want to make sure that there are no innocent readers here who think that the $1,700 psf Jurong is more worthy than the $2,0xx psf The Sail!

DKSG

There are no innocent readers here, only ignorant forummers who are desperately going around trying to convince that 738 buyers at J Gateway are stupid and they are the smartest.

Like I said before, the reason why you need to use a low floor unit of a TOP project like the sail to compare is because your argument fundamentally flawed.

Honestly if you want anyone to take what you said seriously. then pick a new launch in CCR that is next to MRT and similar size to compare.

As I have said before.

Record price
The Sail $3499psf
Marina Bay Residence $4368psf
Marina Bay Suite $3409psf
Echelon $2500psf,
Up @ Robertson $2900psf
Scotts Tower $3500psf,

J Gateway $1700psf

teddybear
14-07-13, 22:41
You are so right! The unlimited budget person probably bought MarQ@Paterson, 6000 sqft unit at >$5000 psf or a cool $30 MILLION! :scared-1:

Who would want to buy an MM, 500 sqft at S$1700 psf in Jurong for just $0.85 MILLION? :beats-me-man:

Ringo33
14-07-13, 22:45

If you want to compare J Gateway, compare that with new launch. If you want to compare resale, then compare with Lakeshore or Caspian.

The Sail? location wise is great, but if you dont have the view and marina facing, dont waste your money. It is a 800-900psf quality condo at the end of the day, not a luxury apartment.

dare2
14-07-13, 22:46
2bd at least 3.x k, 1bd at least 2.x to 3k. Low quantum high demand in the west. (why u put a price tag there ? Nothing to do with the price)
HDB rental ? Even low level ang mo will not rent HDB. Plus dun be surprised gov tightens HDB rental rules further.
I'm not totally positive on this, but I'm not that negative either. One thing I'm confident is that there will be no shortage of tenant. When recession / crisis comes, what you need is a tenant not the yield. However I do see the upside on capital gain is limited. As someone said the hype is already priced in. So if you feel like the JLD story will be THAT phenomenal, it's alright to place your bet. You are not going to lose much thanks to the rent. For the upside, it's a personal belief, no need to justify. (it's like faith ;) )
Hdb 3b is alr renting ard 2.2k at west coast area, not near MRT. Btw who pay maintenance, tenant or landlord?

Ringo33
14-07-13, 22:51

At the moment Caspian MM apartment is rented out at around 3K per month and its located next to Lakeside MRT. When J Gateway TOP, $3.5K will be not problem.

teddybear
14-07-13, 22:52
South includes Orchard? Probably you are referring to Marina area which is the South region.
And by the way, the PM2.5 you see at just that instance at NEA website does not capture the strange smells in Jurong, and also the frequent bursting which will release lots of PM2.5 from the "chimneys" over there in Jurong. Bet you don't know about it that is why you are sprouting nonsense! It would do you a lot of good to check through the PM2.5 for the whole month in Jurong then you will know that the PM2.5 there can fluctuates from heaven to hell.......................... :doh:

Then Orchard is also for transient people cos the PM2.5 at this time of posting is highest in the East and the South (which includes Orchard)

Best to stay in Central (Thomson) where PM2.5 reading is the lowest.

Xan
14-07-13, 22:54
If you want to compare J Gateway, compare that with new launch. If you want to compare resale, then compare with Lakeshore or Caspian.

The Sail? location wise is great, but if you dont have the view and marina facing, dont waste your money. It is a 800-900psf quality condo at the end of the day, not a luxury apartment.

Then tell me in which aspect J gateway facing is better than the sail?
The hospital facing or the mrt track facing?
At this moment, it's buyer's market. Buyers can't compare the price tag betw new projects and resale projects? Omg :doh: what talking u?
Ringgo, I admire your obsession in JLD development plans. But I certainly not convinced with your flawed reasoning.

teddybear
14-07-13, 22:55
Wrong! Larkin in JB has the lowest and best air quality! Surprise surprise! That very busy bus interchange area in JB has best air quality?! Is your air quality index measurement instrument measuring upside down? :scared-1:

Air Quality Index as of now

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/central/

West recorded the lowest

Simi
14-07-13, 23:11
Wrong! Larkin in JB has the lowest and best air quality! Surprise surprise! That very busy bus interchange area in JB has best air quality?! Is your air quality index measurement instrument measuring upside down? :scared-1:

referring to Singapore

but if you want to take in Malaysia
then it is Paka, Terennganu

But don't blame you
from your past postings you are a person who recognizes wrong places
Admiralty and AMK for Jurong

Ringo33
14-07-13, 23:17
Then tell me in which aspect J gateway facing is better than the sail?
The hospital facing or the mrt track facing?
At this moment, it's buyer's market. Buyers can't compare the price tag betw new projects and resale projects? Omg :doh: what talking u?
Ringgo, I admire your obsession in JLD development plans. But I certainly not convinced with your flawed reasoning.

The view from the sail at 5 floors that is not facing marina bay will be the same anywhere because you are just looking at building from you window. for that it will cost you $2000psf.

For $1700psf at J Gateway, should be over looking the Jurong Lake, country club from >30 floor, and there are almost no comparison for such unit in right in the heart of 2nd largest commercial hub in Singapore.

No, its not buyer cant compare new launch to resale, it is forummer like you who choose to compare apple to orange.

J Gateway $1700psf

Echelon $2500psf,

Up @ Robertson $2900psf

Scotts Tower $3500psf

Marina One $4000psf ???

Ringo33
14-07-13, 23:29

All the new buildings around Jurong Gateway are required by URA to install night lighting to emphasis on the building design. So by night, it should look very nice.

Xan
14-07-13, 23:33
The view from the sail at 5 floors that is not facing marina bay will be the same anywhere because you are just looking at building from you window. for that it will cost you $2000psf.

For $1700psf at J Gateway, should be over looking the Jurong Lake, country club from >30 floor, and there are almost no comparison for such unit in right in the heart of 2nd largest commercial hub in Singapore.

No, its not buyer cant compare new launch to resale, it is forummer like you who choose to compare apple to orange.

J Gateway $1700psf

Echelon $2500psf,

Up @ Robertson $2900psf

Scotts Tower $3500psf

Marina One $4000psf ???

Not sure u blind or refuse to see what u don't want to see.
Go take a look at past six months record at the sail and some high floor mm units 31-35 floors only transact at 2kpsf.
I believe after pointing out this, no more 2kpsf for the sail mm units in the near future Liao. Damn, should hv let u continue your obsession and I should hv kept quiet about it.
I shan't be wasting my time on u.
May u find victims (opps sorry, takers) to buy your jurong mm at 2kpsf. Then I shall see how your future jurong mm buyers cope with the rental yield and cap gain after they paid 2kpsf for your jurong unit.
Good luck!

Simi
14-07-13, 23:39
Maybe u can consider buying ringo33's unit for $2000psf. You can gv him more ammo to come here n brag about j gateways potential :D

Maybe or maybe not and thanks for your kind suggestion

You can also say that URA is bragging or even MBT is bragging when he presented the MasterPlan 2008

It takes substance to be able to brag and in this case I dare not say URA or MBT got no substances

Ringo33
14-07-13, 23:40
Go take a look at past six months record at the sail and some high floor mm units 31-35 floors only transact at 2kpsf.
I believe after pointing out this, no more 2kpsf for the sail mm units in the near future Liao. Damn, should hv let u continue your obsession and I should hv kept quiet about it.
I shan't be wasting my time on stubborn pple like u.
May u will find victims (opps sorry, takers) to buy your jurong mm at 2kpsf. Then I shall see how your future jurong mm buyers cope with the rental yield and cap gain after they paid 2kpsf for your jurong unit.
Good luck!
I wish to repeat again, there are no MM apartment at the sail, so please stop using MM when talking about the sail. 600sqft to 500sqft is about 20% bigger. Please get this fact into your system

If your unit is facing wall, does it matter if the wall opposite is 5th or 30th floor?

You must be really blind that you didnt see a unit that was sold for $2903 psf on Apr 2013. Selective reading?

As far as rental yield, I am sure you can look up URA rental transaction record to make your own judgement. OR are you too afraid to confront the facts?

Xan
14-07-13, 23:46
I wish to repeat again, there are no MM apartment at the sail, so please stop using MM when talking about the sail. 600sqft to 500sqft is about 20% bigger. Please get this fact into your system

If your unit is facing wall, does it matter if the wall opposite is 5th or 30th floor?

You must be really blind that you didnt see a unit that was sold for $2903 psf on Apr 2013. Selective reading?

As far as rental yield, I am sure you can look up URA rental transaction record to make your own judgement. OR are you too afraid to confront the facts?

Over the past 6 months, out of 5 mm units in the sail, (since u dont like the fact i call these as mm unit, lets me call them 1 bedder units. song bo?), 4 of the units sold close to 2kpsf except one. U tell me who got more serious problem in selective reading? :doh:

Regulators
14-07-13, 23:50
anything that is 6xxsqft is considered MM, only difference is 6xxsqft is a normal MM and a 474sqft is a dog box MM.

BTW this is the Sail transaction for July 2012 for a 5xxsft unit at the sail. Notice that the psf is 2230psf for 51 to 55, if go down to the same level as the unit you bought at j gateway with lousy facing (coz ur MM facing the track), will be 2000psf or less.

THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,320,000 592 Strata 51 to 55 2,230

Ringo33
14-07-13, 23:57
Over the past 6 months, out of 5 mm units in the sail, (since u dont like the fact i call these as mm unit, lets me call them 1 bedder units. song bo?), 4 of the units sold close to 2kpsf except one. U tell me who got more serious problem in selective reading? :doh:

Did you know how many units at J Gateway sold for $1700psf?

Xan
15-07-13, 00:00
Did you know how many units at J Gateway sold for $1700psf?

U had not answer me yet, who suffer from more serious selective reading?

Ringo33
15-07-13, 00:10
U had not answer me yet, who suffer from more serious selective reading?

There is actually nothing in your post that is worth reading not to mention about replying to your nonsensical question.

common sense will tell me that if you wish to use the sail average transacted price of 1 bedder for comparison, then shouldnt you be use average price of J Gateway? Do you know the average transacted price of J Gateway 1 bedder? Or do you still insist that you should cherry pick the record price of J Gateway to justify the fallacy that The Sail is only $200psf more expensive than J Gateway.

Simi
15-07-13, 00:16
anything that is 6xxsqft is considered MM, only difference is 6xxsqft is a normal MM and a 474sqft is a dog box MM.

BTW this is the Sail transaction for July 2012 for a 5xxsft unit at the sail. Notice that the psf is 2230psf for 51 to 55, if go down to the same level as the unit you bought at j gateway with lousy facing (coz ur MM facing the track), will be 2000psf or less.

THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,320,000 592 Strata 51 to 55 2,230

You should be the Next Minister of National Development

and amend the present Minister's definition of MM unit of below 500sq ft to 6xx sqft :D

Xan
15-07-13, 00:18
There is actually nothing in your post that is worth reading not to mention about replying to your nonsensical question.

common sense will tell me that if you wish to use the sail average transacted price of 1 bedder for comparison, then shouldnt you be use average price of J Gateway? Do you know the average transacted price of J Gateway 1 bedder? Or do you still insist that you should cherry pick the record price of J Gateway to justify the fallacy that The Sail is only $200psf more expensive than J Gateway.

We no need to divert or twist and turn too far. Since you are the most faithful supporter of JLD and guiding angel of J, I reckoned you had bought a unit.
Till now you had not even dare to educate or share with anyone which unit type you bought and what psf u paid for. Nothing too shameful or embarrass to disclose right? I believe everyone here v interested to know. U so confident how come u act so sneaky? Good things must share lah. :D

Ringo33
15-07-13, 00:20
You should be the Next Minister of National Development

and amend the present Minister's definition of MM unit of below 500sq ft to 6xx sqft :D

Cannot score goal so now he want to increase the size of goal posts..
Not surprising, especially coming from someone who will vote for himself :D

Ringo33
15-07-13, 00:29
We no need to divert or twist and turn too far. Since you are the most faithful supporter of JLD and guiding angel of J, I reckoned you had bought a unit.
Till now you had not even dare to educate or share with anyone which unit type you bought and what psf u paid for. Nothing too shameful or embarrass to disclose right? I believe everyone here v interested to know. U so confident how come u act so sneaky? Good things must share lah. :D

the most common behavior of a beaten man is to switch from discussing facts to acting cute and then talks about things which are irrelevant to the topic of discussion.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 00:31
again, owners in the west, beware

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/180/9sx6.jpg

Regulators
15-07-13, 00:33
i am owner of central and west, beware of what? :doh:

again, owners in the west, beware

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/180/9sx6.jpg

lajia
15-07-13, 08:36
I'm not vested in JLD but we need to talk logic and compare appropriately. Whether the MM with 1700psf can earn, that is out of the question, but I think, if you say The Sails is only 200psf more, can you list them here? Frankly, quantum is extremely impt and if there is one below 1mil and is 200psf or even 400psf more, please let me know. I'm sure there is a lot more ppl who would be interested...:)

Wait Long Long
15-07-13, 09:00
Please get your facts right! The South area as shown in the NEA website includes Orchard.

And if you check the PM2.5 for the whole month in Orchard (South area) the PM2.5 there is one of the highest. The best readings are still in Central area (which includes Thomson and AMK areas)

South includes Orchard? Probably you are referring to Marina area which is the South region.
And by the way, the PM2.5 you see at just that instance at NEA website does not capture the strange smells in Jurong, and also the frequent bursting which will release lots of PM2.5 from the "chimneys" over there in Jurong. Bet you don't know about it that is why you are sprouting nonsense! It would do you a lot of good to check through the PM2.5 for the whole month in Jurong then you will know that the PM2.5 there can fluctuates from heaven to hell.......................... :doh:

Xan
15-07-13, 09:47
I'm not vested in JLD but we need to talk logic and compare appropriately. Whether the MM with 1700psf can earn, that is out of the question, but I think, if you say The Sails is only 200psf more, can you list them here? Frankly, quantum is extremely impt and if there is one below 1mil and is 200psf or even 400psf more, please let me know. I'm sure there is a lot more ppl who would be interested...:)

I feel that u hv not follow closely to the previous post and its quite irritating to keep repeating. A forumer was kind enough to show the past 6 mths transaction of the sail. Majority of 1 bedder transact at 2kpsf. I believe u not first day here and will be able to check it yourself. And also, if u die die want to talk about below 1 mil quantum, just top up a little, u can get espada at 9xxk. Still below 1 mil quantum. It's a FH somemore.
Not a fan of espada or CCR properties but if jurong can sell at 1.7kpsf, maybe it's time to relook for such deals.
Enough said.

teddybear
15-07-13, 10:16
Whatever yard stick you use, The Sail fair valuation (if new) should be 4x that of J Gateway! Ok lah, since The Sail is old, so should still be 3x of J Gateway.
That is to say, if J Gateway can sell at $1700 psf, fair valuation of The Sail should be $5100 psf! Wow! The Sail is really under-valued (the sail has been made to look so undervalued because so many people cannot afford the large quantum and must buy small quantum (<$1m) but willing to pay $1700 psf in Jurong!).
The J Gateway developer quite stupid, should build 250 sqft MM and sell at $3400 psf for $850k (instead of about 500 sqft at $1700 psf for $850k!).

Hillier
15-07-13, 10:45
I shan't be wasting my time on u.
May u find victims (opps sorry, takers) to buy your jurong mm at 2kpsf. Then I shall see how your future jurong mm buyers cope with the rental yield and cap gain after they paid 2kpsf for your jurong unit.
Good luck!

Hi all, thankful to all great contributors over the years (Xan, Regulators, Ringo and many others..) though concerned about them stepping out of the line sometimes to emphasize their view..! considering the facts that people chased watertown >1500 psf, Hillier >1400 psf, SP setia & Foresque >1200 psf for bigger sized good facing high floor units, i am tempted to say why not 1600 psf for J-gateway with all amenities at the door step as well as negativities?

Though it seems >1600 psf is above average price for J-gateway, i came across mid floor lake view facing prices even at 1350 psf in J-gateway.!

Xan
15-07-13, 11:09
Hi all, thankful to all great contributors over the years (Xan, Regulators, Ringo and many others..) though concerned about them stepping out of the line sometimes to emphasize their view..! considering the facts that people chased watertown >1500 psf, Hillier >1400 psf, SP setia & Foresque >1200 psf for bigger sized good facing high floor units, i am tempted to say why not 1600 psf for J-gateway with all amenities at the door step as well as negativities?

Though it seems >1600 psf is above average price for J-gateway, i came across mid floor lake view facing prices even at 1350 psf in J-gateway.!

I used to hv such mentality. If this one is priced > 1500psf, then that one is logical to be > 1700psf.
I realize instead of convincing myself to keep accepting the new high psf for new projects, maybe it's time to relook at some under valued ones.
Property investment is a learning journey, need to be flexible and mindset needs to be changed sometimes.

eng81157
15-07-13, 11:13

well, i can pay $300psf more and get a fairly new FH unit @ River Valley, that will cost slightly more than $1mil.

it's a no-brainer

mermaid
15-07-13, 11:19
y tis thread officially become pee-ing in the west beware!! :doh:

lionhill
15-07-13, 11:26
Whatever yard stick you use, The Sail fair valuation (if new) should be 4x that of J Gateway! Ok lah, since The Sail is old, so should still be 3x of J Gateway.
That is to say, if J Gateway can sell at $1700 psf, fair valuation of The Sail should be $5100 psf! Wow! The Sail is really under-valued (the sail has been made to look so undervalued because so many people cannot afford the large quantum and must buy small quantum (<$1m) but willing to pay $1700 psf in Jurong!).
The J Gateway developer quite stupid, should build 250 sqft MM and sell at $3400 psf for $850k (instead of about 500 sqft at $1700 psf for $850k!).
the dropping of price of Sail may be contributed by its poor management, according to the feedbacks.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/the-sail-marina-bay-59

But you raise an interesting point, how much more expensive is thought to be fair for a CCR than an OCR project.
I noticed during the bottom-up period, when the price of CCR PCs has alaready peaked while that of OCR PCs has yet to rise. the price difference may be really 3X. But is it a fair norm? any guru can enlight it?

Hillier
15-07-13, 11:28
well, i can pay $300psf more and get a fairly new FH unit @ River Valley, that will cost slightly more than $1mil.

it's a no-brainer
Sorry that i am not so familiar with FH, river valley or city condos, just comparing between OCR launches with my limited exposure.

I meant to say that negative factors in J-gateway are at par with other launches such as watertown, urban vista, Bedok residences. Also the pricing is not so unreasonably high in comparison with those projects, even with resale prices of lakeside condos at 1200psf.

But the question is whether the buyers who bought at 1600 psf with ABSD of 7-10% would be able to break even in 4 years time? Guess it is a calculated risk pegged with future JLD development plans. In my opinion, it won;t be a non-performing asset either with a reasonable rental demand from expats and upper class westerners who love amenities.

Hillier
15-07-13, 11:58
Sorry that i am not so familiar with FH, river valley or city condos, just comparing between OCR launches with my limited exposure.

I meant to say that negative factors in J-gateway are at par with other launches such as watertown, urban vista, Bedok residences. Also the pricing is not so unreasonably high in comparison with those projects, even with resale prices of lakeside condos at 1200psf.

But the question is whether the buyers who bought at 1600 psf with ABSD of 7-10% would be able to break even in 4 years time? Guess it is a calculated risk pegged with future JLD development plans. In my opinion, it won;t be a non-performing asset either with a reasonable rental demand from expats and upper class westerners who love amenities.
Leaving aside the appreciation potential in good times, i guess the real test will be the price depreciation during crisis times which concerns JG buyers at 1600psf. It remains to be seen whether the prices of JG will always be resilient and prove to be one of those unique condos (like City square residences) where the demand is always there.!

Just wondering whether city condos have the advantage over OCR condos and manage to fully recover once the stability returns after crisis?

Ringo33
15-07-13, 12:16
I used to hv such mentality. If this one is priced > 1500psf, then that one is logical to be > 1700psf.
I realize instead of convincing myself to keep accepting the new high psf for new projects, maybe it's time to relook at some under valued ones.
Property investment is a learning journey, need to be flexible and mindset needs to be changed sometimes.

Yes need to be flexible don't adopt a dogmatic idealogy that Ccr property are all good and Ocr are crap. Talk the talk better walk the walk

Ringo33
15-07-13, 12:20
I feel that u hv not follow closely to the previous post and its quite irritating to keep repeating. A forumer was kind enough to show the past 6 mths transaction of the sail. Majority of 1 bedder transact at 2kpsf. I believe u not first day here and will be able to check it yourself. And also, if u die die want to talk about below 1 mil quantum, just top up a little, u can get espada at 9xxk. Still below 1 mil quantum. It's a FH somemore.
Not a fan of espada or CCR properties but if jurong can sell at 1.7kpsf, maybe it's time to relook for such deals.
Enough said.

Anybody who do a quick search on ura site will know you are lying and do you happen to know what is the average size and psf of one bedder of j gateway?

Secretariat
15-07-13, 12:57
Haha, Ringo...

After saying Landed prices are too expensive, now saying J Gateway prices are cheap?

In investment, it is never about the prices but the direction of prices. S1,600 psf is cheap when you know that it would get to $3,200 psf for the same unit/project in the near future. Conversely, $1,600 psf is expensive when you know that it would get to $800 psf in the near future.

The question is, do you really know which direction it would go?

Cheers!

eng81157
15-07-13, 12:58

well, OCR rental yields have dropped from 4%+ to 3% (check out last week's business times) due to ever-rising OCR prices.

If you are willing to accept a 3% rental yield, you can get a FH CCR unit at almost the same price virtually. And if we talk about upside potential, an FH CCR unit can do no worse, at the same price point, than a LH OOR.

Learner
15-07-13, 13:12

76 SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 02 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2007 1 1,210,000 624 Strata 06 to 10 1,938 Jun-13
76 SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 02 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2007 1 1,210,000 592 Strata 36 to 40 2,044 Jan-13

I thought this project was sold out, so they must be sub-sales. Quite good bargains considering the psf about 2k and also TOP come 2014.... didn't pay too much psf in ccr and also able to start collecting rentals in 2014 (hopefully)

Xan
15-07-13, 13:12
Yes need to be flexible don't adopt a dogmatic idealogy that Ccr property are all good and Ocr are crap. Talk the talk better walk the walk

now i fully understand your dogmatic idealogy only entitles u a dog Box at jurong at 1.7kpsf like regulators had rightfully pointed out.

Xan
15-07-13, 13:16
Anybody who do a quick search on ura site will know you are lying and do you happen to know what is the average size and psf of one bedder of j gateway?

You can continue to choose to be stubborn and ignore the facts.
We are still waiting for u to share what you hv bought? No balls to share or too embarrass to share?

Xan
15-07-13, 13:19
76 SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 02 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2007 1 1,210,000 624 Strata 06 to 10 1,938 Jun-13
76 SHENTON SHENTON WAY Apartment 02 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2007 1 1,210,000 592 Strata 36 to 40 2,044 Jan-13

I thought this project was sold out, so they must be sub-sales. Quite good bargains considering the psf about 2k and also TOP come 2014.... didn't pay too much psf in ccr and also able to start collecting rentals in 2014 (hopefully)

Thanks for the sharing but on the other hand, pls don't share too much.
Some idiots are simply too stupid to understand and they will drag u down to his level. :D

Xan
15-07-13, 13:26

So u think even the cheapest mm in J selling at 1.5kpsf instead of 1.7kpsf is going to impress me? Stop being naive la. Jurong is still jurong.

indonesian
15-07-13, 13:33
After realize that The Sail is sold for $2000 psf, i regret paying $1600 psf for 635sqft at eco

Okok ... the above is becoming real lame - how come u assume people dont have access to URA website to know that recent 6 months transactions shows that a studio in The Sail is done at abt $2,0xx psd ?

It is true that if someone pays $1,800 for a 1x floor Jurong condo, he is only paying $2xx psf less than The Sail @ Marina Bay !!! For those buyers who knows this but still insist on buying Jurong, then I have nothing to say.... But if these buyers NOW then know that The Sail studio is going for $2,0xx psf ... well ... nothing Office Boy can say ...

But in conclusion, the below numbers :

The Sail 3499psf
Marina Bay Residence 4368psf
Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

lionhill
15-07-13, 14:01
After realize that The Sail is sold for $2000 psf, i regret paying $1600 psf for 635sqft at eco
at $1600psf, you 've bought one of the best unit in eco, with $2000psf, you will buy one of the lousiest unit in the Sail.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 14:37
You can continue to choose to be stubborn and ignore the facts.
We are still waiting for u to share what you hv bought? No balls to share or too embarrass to share?

One accurate measurement is worth more than 1,000 foolish opinion

* Over the last 12 months, there were 22 units of 1 bedder at the sail transacted with the average size of 644sqft and this is about 30% larger than 1 bedder unit at J Gateway.

* The average psf for the sail 1 bedder units over the 12 months is $2200psf, with the highest at $2903psf, and lowest at $1900psf.

As you can see within the same development there is already a price disparity of $1000psf and this only reaffirm what I say about the importance of Marina Bay view.

* Average quantum for a 1 bedder unit at The Sail is $1.415m, which is around 75% more expensive than J Gateway average price for 1 bedder.

* In terms of rental, the average rent for 1 bedder unit at the sail over the last 12 months is around $4300 per month with highest going at $6000 per month and lowest at $3600 per month. (If you buy cheapest unit, this is the kind of rental you will get)

* So based on $4.3k average rental at $1.415m average 1 bedder quantum, the rental yield for the sail 1 bedder will be around 3.5%

Ringo33
15-07-13, 14:39
at $1600psf, you 've bought one of the best unit in eco, with $2000psf, you will buy one of the lousiest unit in the Sail.

that is correct. Good unit at the sail can command higher rent. As much as $6K, lousy unit, can be as low as $3.6k.

teddybear
15-07-13, 14:49
Best unit in Eco can rent at how much?
Lousiest unit in Eco can rent at how much?

I rather take lousiest unit in The Sail than the best unit in Jurong! :p
I don't want to live among the poor people who can only afford <$1m property in J Gateway.......
I believe most rich people will think the same (whether you like it or not... :tongue3:)
And I believe most expats who have high rental budget and low rental is not a constraint will do the same.......

So that leave the low to middle income foreign workers to rent from you in J Gateway, may be cramp 6 people in that 500 sqft unit can pay you $3000 per month? (each person pay $500 pm very cheap!) :doh:

that is correct. Good unit at the sail can command higher rent. As much as $6K, lousy unit, can be as low as $3.6k.

Originally Posted by lionhill

Ringo33
15-07-13, 14:54
now i fully understand your dogmatic idealogy only entitles u a dog Box at jurong at 1.7kpsf like regulators had rightfully pointed out.
You can call it dog box chicken box or whatever but it will not change the fact that investors will be drawn to the largest commercial hub outside CBD, and property in and around JLD is going to chiong.

Dont believe? just wait and see.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 14:58

I don't want to live among the poor people who can only afford <$1m property in J Gateway.......
I believe most rich people will think the same (whether you like it or not... :tongue3:)
And I believe most expats who have high rental budget and low rental is not a constraint will do the same.......

So that leave the low to middle income foreign workers to rent from you in J Gateway, may be cramp 6 people in that 500 sqft unit can pay you $3000 per month? (each person pay $500 pm very cheap!) :doh:

I am not sure leh. When The Sail was launch, it was going at around 900psf, will you want to pay $2000+ psf for a $900psf quality condo? Perhaps spending another $400psf to do it up nicely you will be able to find a good tenant. Teddy, I am sure as someone who is living in antique apartment, you should be able to attest to that.

indonesian
15-07-13, 15:05
Will people pay more rent for same size unit wthin same project because the facing of the unit and maybe higher ceiling (mine is 5 metre ceiling)?

eng81157
15-07-13, 15:07
just had a look at the floorplans.

perhaps it's my perception, the A/C ledge is almost as huge as the balcony in some configurations. the balcony doesn't look tiny to me, but perhaps some may think otherwise.

if the former, then the A/C ledge size is baddddddddd :doh: :doh: :doh:

eng81157
15-07-13, 15:09
Will people pay more rent for same size unit wthin same project because the facing of the unit and maybe higher ceiling (mine is 5 metre ceiling)?

if rental remains equal and your unit has more attractive features, you can be sure of a greater demand. no rocket science to this

lionhill
15-07-13, 15:19
For a 5 meter ceiling, some owners will make a platform to strech the space.
but I am not sure whether there is such demand in eco.

indonesian
15-07-13, 15:20
if i had bought The Sail at $400 psf more than eco i would have to pay $254,000 (assume the unit is 635sqft) more than what i had pay for eco. But can rent out immediately. So before eco TOP on 2016 i could have collect rent of $129,600 hence the price different is $124,400

paying $124,400 more than eco for the location of The Sail for me is a good deal (sorry it is $170,120 more, forgot to inc 15% ABSD + 3% BSD)

i regret that i didn't do more research before i bought

teddybear
15-07-13, 15:24
If you do more research in this thread, you would have bought J Gateway (courtesy of "marketing" by Ringgo)! Oh No no! :scared-1: :beats-me-man:
Make sure you read the right thread and right postings written by the right people... :p

if i had bought The Sail at $400 psf more than eco i would have to pay $254,000 (assume the unit is 635sqft) more than what i had pay for eco. But can rent out immediately. So before eco TOP on 2016 i could have collect rent of $129,600 hence the price different is $124,400

paying $124,400 more than eco for the location of The Sail for me is a good deal

lionhill
15-07-13, 15:25
[QUOTE=teddybear]Best unit in Eco can rent at how much?

With today's sentiment, I am not sure of the uptrend potential of JG. but I know two things:
(1). there won't be 6 people cramped in 500sqft MM in JG.
(2). I do not think the Sail still gets potential. It has nothing to do with Marina Bay or JE. I just do not believe that a poor managed, poor innner quality project will continue to cheong, if the reviewing comments in propertyguru is fair.

indonesian
15-07-13, 15:29
Why buy at jurong? It is to faraway

If you do more research in this thread, you would have bought J Gateway (courtesy of "marketing" by Ringgo)! Oh No no! :scared-1: :beats-me-man:
Make sure you read the right thread and right postings written by the right people... :p

EBD
15-07-13, 15:31

it's a no-brainer

a lot of people here got no brain....... or money - which is why they chase based on quantum below $1mil - die die must buy.

now spend all day trying to convince themselves they did right thing.
talk down their buyers remorse response.

sunrise
15-07-13, 15:33
You can call it dog box chicken box or whatever but it will not change the fact that investors will be drawn to the largest commercial hub outside CBD, and property in and around JLD is going to chiong.

Dont believe? just wait and see.

wait how long? see what? HDB how much? PC how much?

mrtcard
15-07-13, 15:51

I thought its good to have active people in this forum, until you start to posting..

Regulators
15-07-13, 15:51
So if lousy unit at the sail rent for $3600 n it is 6xxsqft, what then makes u think your lousy unit at j gateway with lousy facing deserve to be $3500 a month, being only 474sqft? Where did u even get your idea from, showflat agent or a single rental transaction at caspian ?:doh:

Simi
15-07-13, 16:37

Wonder what you are doing in this Poor Man's thread ..dud :(

teddybear
15-07-13, 16:40
To have some fun here, and
more importantly to tell the truth and
correct the lies that had been perpetuated here by you know who are them! :tongue3:

Wonder what you are doing in this Poor Man's thread ..dud :(

Simi
15-07-13, 17:00
To have some fun here, and
more importantly to tell the truth and
correct the lies that had been perpetuated here by you know who are them! :tongue3:

[color=Blue]

Truth ?

more like your own personal views and opinion
with some rubbish postings which were anti Jurong :doh:

oops
15-07-13, 17:04
J Gateway- Shortcut to New City LivingJ Gateway is your road to a new life in a new cityJ Gateway*is an upcoming high-rise residential development located at the western part of Singapore, sited in between the junction of Jurong Gateway and Boon Lay Way, at the heart of the new Jurong Mega regeneration district.J Gateway Singapore will host four residential towers, one of which is 20-storey tall offering 240 SOHO-inspired one and two-bedroom units with high ceilings ranging from 3.6m to 4m. The other three towers would be about 35 to 38 levels high, linked on every level forming a majestic block. These towers would offer a selection of 498 units ranging from one to four-bedroom apartments and penthouses.*The future residents of*J Gateway Condominium*would be greeted with a modern façade – a seamless blend between urban lifestyle and nature. The residential units, adorned with fine quality finishing and furnishings from renowned developer MCL Land and top brands, would be functional while exuding an air of luxury.The future residents of J Gateway Condominium will get to enjoy great accessibility provided by Singapore’s comprehensive public transport network as it is strategically located beside Jurong East MRT Station and Bus Interchange.Major expressways such as the PIE and AYE situated near*J Gateway Condomake it a breeze for drivers to get to any part of Singapore. For example, it takes less than fifteen minutes for a driver to travel from J Gateway to the Orchard shopping belt and the Central Business District (CBD).An assortment of amenities is within walking distance form J Gateway Condo. Retail and dining options are in abundance with J Cube, IMM Building and the upcoming Westgate mall just a stone throw away. Nearby schools such as Fuhua Primary, Yuhua Primary, Shuqun Secondary are complimented with educational establishments such as the Jurong Regional Library, Snow City and Science Centre.To add diversity to residents’ choices for recreation, The Chevron, Jurong Country Club and Jurong Sports Hall are a short distance away. Ng Teng Fong Hospital is also within reach in case of any emergencies.With the ease of access to a multitude of amenities and facilities, J Gateway Condominium offers all the conveniences that today’s lifestyle demands. With chic shopping malls and schools just a short distance away, future residents can immerse in the blend of activities like shopping, fine dining and exercising in minutes!http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...iving/a/127428

lajia
15-07-13, 17:09
you are right bro, they are discriminating and what rubbish upbringing is this....they do not do good for the forum promoting the right spirit. Ignore them.

Truth ?

Ringo33
15-07-13, 17:13

paying $124,400 more than eco for the location of The Sail for me is a good deal (sorry it is $170,120 more, forgot to inc 15% ABSD + 3% BSD)

you think and count like regulator because you assume that everything you collect is profit and there is no borrowing cost.

When did you buy Eco? you didnt visit this forum before Jul 2013?

sure or not?

indonesian
15-07-13, 17:20
I bought eco on april 13, i just come across this forum few days ago.

of course there a interest cost, but interest rate at singapore is cheap compare with indonesia. Interest rate at indonesia is about 10% / year.

you think and count like regulator because you assume that everything you collect is profit and there is no borrowing cost.

sure or not?

Ringo33
15-07-13, 17:21
a lot of people here got no brain....... or money - which is why they chase based on quantum below $1mil - die die must buy.

now spend all day trying to convince themselves they did right thing.
talk down their buyers remorse response.

There are plenty of FACTS and FIGURES to show that people who invested in Western region property has are ripping more rewards than those who have bought CCR property over the last 3 to 4 years.

If brain is measured by big talk and empty promises, then you can take the cake

Ringo33
15-07-13, 17:27
I bought eco on april 13, i just come across this forum few days ago.

of course there a interest cost, but interest rate at singapore is cheap compare with indonesia. Interest rate at indonesia is about 10% / year.

Its interesting that as a recent Eco buyer who recently discover this forum is not interested to post anything on ECO or Bedok property thread and spending all his time straight talking about how valuable is The Sail is.

how about introducing yourself here instead of wasting your time talking about the Sail.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14159&page=4

Ringo33
15-07-13, 17:30
Truth ?

The reason behind all these nonsensical posting is because CCR properties are not doing well and J Gateway was sold out within 24 hours hitting record price for D22.

So I guess the next best thing to do is to talk down ocr property buyer and labeling them as stupid .

Simi
15-07-13, 17:37
Singapore
RENTAL yields for condominium apartments have fallen below the psychological 4 per cent support level, registering an overall gross median rental yield of 3.9 per cent for the first half of 2013.
This compares with overall gross median rental yields of 4.4 per cent and 4.2 per cent in 2011 and 2012 respectively, according to data from the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX).
On a year-on-year basis, Southern Islands - which primarily cover the Sentosa Cove area - experienced the largest fall in rental yields (28.4 per cent), followed by Orchard (28 per cent) and Jurong East (17.4 per cent).

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/condo-rental-yields-break-psychological-support-20130713

Ringo33
15-07-13, 17:46
Singapore
RENTAL yields for condominium apartments have fallen below the psychological 4 per cent support level, registering an overall gross median rental yield of 3.9 per cent for the first half of 2013.
This compares with overall gross median rental yields of 4.4 per cent and 4.2 per cent in 2011 and 2012 respectively, according to data from the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX).
On a year-on-year basis, Southern Islands - which primarily cover the Sentosa Cove area - experienced the largest fall in rental yields (28.4 per cent), followed by Orchard (28 per cent) and Jurong East (17.4 per cent).

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/condo-rental-yields-break-psychological-support-20130713

The difference between Sentosa Orchard and JE is that, rent in Sentosa and Orchard are coming down but price remain stagnant, while JE rent is holding up but price is rising.

Regulators
15-07-13, 17:51
Did i say there was no other cost involved n nett profit is solely selling price minus buying price? I think u r the one in denial n can't understand what is the difference between nett profit n gross profit. In any case, with your limited investment sense evident from the way u justify your j gateway dog box investment, dont think people here expect much from u n r enjoying themselves seeing how u painstakingly defend ur one n only investment

sure or not?

indonesian
15-07-13, 17:56
I talk about the sail,because someone post that the sail is $2000 psf. I'm just sharing my thought.

btw why should I post at eco thread, because I've bought eco?

Its interesting that as a recent Eco buyer who recently discover this forum is not interested to post anything on ECO or Bedok property thread and spending all his time straight talking about how valuable is The Sail is.

how about introducing yourself here instead of wasting your time talking about the Sail.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14159&page=4

lionhill
15-07-13, 18:00

This issue is triguing.

under the circumstance that resale projects appreciate or depreciate at the same rate as new project, one should go for resale projects.

But when the new project appreciates more than resale project, the appreciated portion will offset the impact of the immediate rental.

buying resale or buying new development, it is a gamble. You do not know the result yet. So, no need to regret.

Regulators
15-07-13, 18:06
You are underestimating stupidity. 700 stupid ppl doing the same thing as you doesnt make u a smart person. Millions of stupid people bet their odds against casino n lose money stupidly as well. Pty is a gd investment if purchased at the right price. Even if you are able to sell your 474sqft for $1 million four years later (0.01% chance in today's mkt for jurong ), that gross return of $200k in 4 years is peanuts if u divide it by four years of waiting. Ppl here r advising u to place ur money in better investments elsewhere not leading you to a brick wall
The reason behind all these nonsensical posting is because CCR properties are not doing well and J Gateway was sold out within 24 hours hitting record price for D22.

So I guess the next best thing to do is to talk down ocr property buyer and labeling them as stupid .

indonesian
15-07-13, 18:10
Good advice, thanks. Hopefully i can purchase my second property at singapore soon

This issue is triguing.

under the circumstance that resale projects appreciate or depreciate at the same rate as new project, one should go for resale projects.

But when the new project appreciates more than resale project, the appreciated portion will offset the impact of the immediate rental.

buying resale or buying new development, it is a gamble. You do not know the result yet. So, no need to regret.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 18:56
You are underestimating stupidity. 700 stupid ppl doing the same thing as you doesnt make u a smart person. Millions of stupid people bet their odds against casino n lose money stupidly as well. Pty is a gd investment if purchased at the right price. Even if you are able to sell your 474sqft for $1 million four years later (0.01% chance in today's mkt for jurong ), that gross return of $200k in 4 years is peanuts if u divide it by four years of waiting. Ppl here r advising u to place ur money in better investments elsewhere not leading you to a brick wall
When a blind man speaks he doesnt necessary knows who he is talking to.

* 5.4million sqft of office space, which is equivalent to more than 4 times the size of One Raffles Quay or 4 times the office space of Suntec City.

* 2.7million sqft of commercial space for retail F&B etc. About 2 x the size of VIVOCITY.

* 2800 hotel rooms - more rooms than Marina Bay Sands or 2 x the size of swisshotel at City Hall.

* Ng Teng Fong Hosipital + Jurong Community Hospital (total : 1100 beds, about the size of NUH that currently employ over 6000 staffs.

* 220ha land for attractions - 3 times the land area of Resort World Sentosa, and 2 times the size of Garden By the Bay

* Over 3000 MNCs companies located in the western region of Singapore

* NTU, NUS, Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, all located within 5km radius of Jurong Gateway

When you are blind, dont anyhow accuse others of walking sideways.

Regulators
15-07-13, 19:08
There u go with your JLD plans again, u simply don't get my point :doh:

* 5.4million sqft of office space, which is equivalent to more than 4 times the size of One Raffles Quay or 4 times the office space of Suntec City.

* 2.7million sqft of commercial space for retail F&B etc. About 2 x the size of VIVOCITY.

* 2800 hotel rooms - more rooms than Marina Bay Sands or 2 x the size of swisshotel at City Hall.

* Ng Teng Fong Hosipital + Jurong Community Hospital (total : 1100 beds, about the size of NUH that currently employ over 6000 staffs.

* 220ha land for attractions - 3 times the land area of Resort World Sentosa, and 2 times the size of Garden By the Bay

* NTU, NUS, Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, all located within 5km radius of Jurong Gateway

Ringo33
15-07-13, 19:13

One will need to be totally blind or ignorant to ignore the potential of JLD.

Like I said again, 2013 is just to first wave of JLD success story because we are witnessing the first TOP of a chain of project since the announcement of JLD masterplan 2008. Come next year, when the bigwig of MND, BCA and AVA moves into their new office in Jurong Gateway we will see another spikes.

Just read the announcement that that Science Center will not move to the new location till 2020 and I believe this delay is to give STB and EDB more time to formulate their grand plans for the Lakeside district mega theme park.

Autumnwinds
15-07-13, 20:08
If I were a tenant renting a one bedder, who the hell would honestly care about view or facing. It's probably just for convenience or work.

So this begs the question, why would I pay a significantly higher price for eg (high ceiling, good view, high floor) when there is someone willing to rent out his one bedder at a much lower price.

Will that view entitle you to have extra 500-1000 a month? Justify all you want, but I've experienced the real deal about rental. In terms of OCR, nobody gives a shit about how luxurious your condo is. My tenants works day in and day out, it's merely a place to sleep for them. You may have a high ceiling, majestic view, but at the end of the day, the only attractive thing about a rental unit, is the price factor.

3centsworth
15-07-13, 20:17
One will need to be totally blind or ignorant to ignore the potential of JLD.

Like I said again, 2013 is just to first wave of JLD success story because we are witnessing the first TOP of a chain of project since the announcement of JLD masterplan 2008. Come next year, when the bigwig of MND, BCA and AVA moves into their new office in Jurong Gateway we will see another spikes.

Just read the announcement that that Science Center will not move to the new location till 2020 and I believe this delay is to give STB and EDB more time to formulate their grand plans for the Lakeside district mega theme park.

There is no question that J Gateway will be a good investment given the huge potential of the JLD development.

738 buyers must be crazy to buy J Gateway at today "record" price if they are not convinced of the potential growth of the place.

Genting's CEO must also be crazy too for putting a hotel in Jurong Lake District.

Notwithstanding, there are other investments that may yield better returns in the interim period, but in the long run, J Gateway buyers will stand to gain for buying early. I am certain if there were some units available for sale tomorrow, people will still buy at the price.

felicia_sg
15-07-13, 20:20
Price + location + life-style + facilities + comfort.............

If I were a tenant renting a one bedder, who the hell would honestly care about view or facing. It's probably just for convenience or work.

So this begs the question, why would I pay a significantly higher price for eg (high ceiling, good view, high floor) when there is someone willing to rent out his one bedder at a much lower price.

Will that view entitle you to have extra 500-1000 a month? Justify all you want, but I've experienced the real deal about rental. In terms of OCR, nobody gives a shit about how luxurious your condo is. My tenants works day in and day out, it's merely a place to sleep for them. You may have a high ceiling, majestic view, but at the end of the day, the only attractive thing about a rental unit, is the price factor.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 20:21

As landlord, there are 2 things which is important, rent amount and rent duration. For good unit with good fengshui, you often get higher rent and longer tenancy, which is important.

felicia_sg
15-07-13, 20:28
Somebody said West dragon already dead, so JLD bad fengshui, will see in next 10 years whether true or not.

As landlord, there are 2 things which is important, rent amount and rent duration. For good unit with good fengshui, you often get higher rent and longer tenancy, which is important.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 20:37
Somebody said West dragon already dead, so JLD bad fengshui, will see in next 10 years whether true or not.

That somebody got a name?

Ringo33
15-07-13, 20:43
All the lucky buyers, smiling from ear to ear.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/20130715/28451913e.jpg

Regulators
15-07-13, 20:47
Good investment means good capital gains as well, not solely rental gains. Ringo33 does not even dare project how much he can sell his $800k 474sqft mm on TOP, so much for having good foresight.
There is no question that J Gateway will be a good investment given the huge potential of the JLD development.

738 buyers must be crazy to buy J Gateway at today "record" price if they are not convinced of the potential growth of the place.

Genting's CEO must also be crazy too for putting a hotel in Jurong Lake District.

Notwithstanding, there are other investments that may yield better returns in the interim period, but in the long run, J Gateway buyers will stand to gain for buying early. I am certain if there were some units available for sale tomorrow, people will still buy at the price.

Jonathan0503
15-07-13, 21:04

For me, the worst unit in Sail is still more value for money than the best unit in J Gateway for the same price

Jonathan0503
15-07-13, 21:20
There are plenty of FACTS and FIGURES to show that people who invested in Western region property has are ripping more rewards than those who have bought CCR property over the last 3 to 4 years.

If brain is measured by big talk and empty promises, then you can take the cake

Actually it is precisely because the price has gone up so much for the past few years that the potential for it to go further up becomes less rosy...

lionhill
15-07-13, 21:46
For me, the worst unit in Sail is still more value for money than the best unit in J Gateway for the same price
first, their prices are not the same.Tthe best unit ins JG is about $400psf cheaper than the worst unit in Sail (about size $600sqft).

Second, I do not see any uptrend in Sail as its price has increased so much after its launch and it is getting old. As for JG, I am not sure.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 21:59
Actually it is precisely because the price has gone up so much for the past few years that the potential for it to go further up becomes less rosy...

less rosy is subjective. 200psf, 300psf, 500psf?

teddybear
15-07-13, 22:47
For J Gateway, I am quite sure $1700 psf is about its peak... :p
It means all those CCR and even RCR condos look dirt cheap in comparison! :scared-2:

first, their prices are not the same.Tthe best unit ins JG is about $400psf cheaper than the worst unit in Sail (about size $600sqft).

Second, I do not see any uptrend in Sail as its price has increased so much after its launch and it is getting old. As for JG, I am not sure.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 22:57
It means all those CCR and even RCR condos look dirt cheap in comparison! :scared-2:

you are using 1 single project in District 22 to benchmark the property price to the entire CCR and RCR

You have just double confirmed the popularity and potential of J Gateway.

So Teddy, you should go temple, church, mosque tomorrow to pray that J Gateway will do very well so that property in CCR and RCR can ride the wave.

DKSG
15-07-13, 22:58

I think we say thing 10 million times also no use.

We just need to repeat what Jonathon said ... The worst unit in The Sail is still better than the best unit at Jurong condo. So, if you need to top up 300-400 psf to get the aged, no view, low floor unit at the Sail, it is still better than the brand new, good view, blah blah, unit at Jurong.

DKSG

Regulators
15-07-13, 23:03
J gateway is popular in the negative sense, nobody would say you made a value buy if u r hoping to hear that.
you are using 1 single project in District 22 to benchmark the property price to the entire CCR and RCR

So Teddy, you should go temple, church, mosque tomorrow to pray that J Gateway will do very well so that property in CCR and RCR can ride the wave.

DKSG
15-07-13, 23:04

I think its the buyers of those $1,700 psf Jurong condo that has to pray. That they cling on to their jobs tight tight. To experience the Jurong, Office Boy went to take a look over the weekends and am SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED the realise that Jurong is no longer Jurong. Everything is getting expensive, the prices in Jems is the same price as Orchard!

But ... we have to sincerely ask ourselves, did the income of Jurong buying folks went up so much ? If not, then they are all dipping into their reserves to buy expensive PC. Jurong buyers are different from River Valley owners. One may be dual income $5,000 each * 2, one maybe $15,000 each * 2, so if both pays the same for their food and amenties, the Jurong folks are getting very high risk - maybe the new TSDR is about them !

Ok. Enough said, policy makers are beoh-ing us liao !

DKSG

yowetan
15-07-13, 23:04
Hi...only stupid fools will think JLD or J gateway is of Mt Sinai class.

It is never and will never be the Mt sinai class.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 23:26

We just need to repeat what Jonathon said ... The worst unit in The Sail is still better than the best unit at Jurong condo. So, if you need to top up 300-400 psf to get the aged, no view, low floor unit at the Sail, it is still better than the brand new, good view, blah blah, unit at Jurong.

DKSG
Honestly I would advise you to dont waste your time trying to convince people here that you are right and 738 buyers of J Gateway are wrong. because no amount of lies, sugar coating, cherry picking, data manipulating can make a good investment look bad.

Like I said before, prices of 1 bedder (ave size 644sqft) at the 11 years old Leasehold The Sail can range from $1900psf to $2900psf (approx 1.223m to $1.87m) and the rental can range from $3.6K to $6K per month.

While at Capsian in Dist 22, a $1300-1400psf 1 bedder unit that cost no more than $700k can generate $3k of rental.

So do your math, which one can give you better rental yield.

As for capital gain, The Sail, at $2900psf, it is already around 3 times the launch price, and lets not forget its is LH, already 11 years old on the lease, and its interior is nowhere worth that crazy psf.

By the look at the quantum of both property and psf price, isnt it obvious are trying to compare apple to orange. For $1.87m, there are plenty of choices. Perhaps you could get yourself a 4 bedder unit at J Gateway.

Like I said again, please dont waste your time

DKSG
15-07-13, 23:37
I dont think buyers of J Gateway are wrong.

They have their own reasons to buy, to be near mrt, near parents, in Jurong. All these are valid reasons to buy Jurong.

I suspect (not sure) most of the 700+ buyers are mostly for own stay, so to them, even if prices move up only 1% a year for the next 10 years, it doesnt matter.

But they have to be beware la! That they hold on to their dear jobs tightly, since I suspect (not sure) most of these people will badly need their jobs to cling on to a PC.

That said, I think R33 is right. I shant waste so much of my time cautioning people, thats the job of policy makers (who are here reading anyway!).

All the best!

DKSG

DKSG
15-07-13, 23:38

If Jurong is $1,700 .. what do you think is the fair price for Mt Sinai ?

$2,500 ?

DKSG

lot286
15-07-13, 23:51
why is there such a preoccupation with Mt Sinai?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Simi
16-07-13, 00:03

Hi
from the way you just wrote

you got no "class"

and if your "class" referred to wealth
maybe the hat is too big for you ?

Being wealthy does not necessary mean got Class

Staying in The Sail does not mean the owner has Class

Contrary a person who lives in a HDB 3 rooms flat may have more class than you

Simi
16-07-13, 00:07
I think its the buyers of those $1,700 psf Jurong condo that has to pray. That they cling on to their jobs tight tight. To experience the Jurong, Office Boy went to take a look over the weekends and am SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED the realise that Jurong is no longer Jurong. Everything is getting expensive, the prices in Jems is the same price as Orchard!

But ... we have to sincerely ask ourselves, did the income of Jurong buying folks went up so much ? If not, then they are all dipping into their reserves to buy expensive PC. Jurong buyers are different from River Valley owners. One may be dual income $5,000 each * 2, one maybe $15,000 each * 2, so if both pays the same for their food and amenties, the Jurong folks are getting very high risk - maybe the new TSDR is about them !

DKSG

Hi

you have a lot of assumption in your post lei

Quantum is around 700 ~ 800 k

if you are so duly worried for these buyers
how about those buying BTO flats now..4 rooms is close to 500k

astroboy8681
16-07-13, 00:27

precisely we need chums like you to come out with no-brainer one-liner to douse some fighting flames here between "R33 versus the rest" lol

this thread makes for interesting read...

1700psf should not be used as the avg selling price, actual is lower more to the tune of 1600psf and quantum should be factor in too...

i've lived my whole life in the north/north-east/east and never once reside in west... but can't deny the potential for JLD... paya lebar sq was earmarked for "2nd CBD" but land space is just a chip off JLD's whole block -____-

ecimbew
16-07-13, 00:35
What do you think?

Interest rates in the US and in turn, Singapore, are likely to pick up over the next one to two years, said DBS CEO Piyush Gupta.

SINGAPORE: Interest rates in the US and in turn, Singapore, are likely to pick up over the next one to two years, said DBS CEO Piyush Gupta.

This means now could be a particularly good time for borrowers to lock in loans at current interest rates.

Borrowers can look at switching from floating to fixed rate loans, added Mr Gupta.

But that is a hard appeal to make to Asian investors, who prefer not to fix their interest rates.

"In Asia, pardon me, but most of us tend to be punters...Anecdotally, the easiest way to think about this - We go to the US, the most popular mortgage in the US is the 30-year fixed rate mortgage. In Asia, we at DBS tried pushing two years ago a 5-year fixed rate mortgage...almost no takers. So Asians don't like fixing, Asians don't like hedging," said Mr Gupta.

"However, given where we are in terms of our view in the world and the fact that there's likely to be a steepening bias over 12, 24 months, I would suggest it might be worthwhile to think about it."

Speaking at an event for his private bank clients, Mr Gupta also warned of risks brought about by over-borrowing in the Chinese economy.

Total borrowing in the economy currently makes up 214% of GDP, up from 170% of GDP in the 2000s.

Mr Gupta said: "It is not impossible that some small state-owned enterprises, some small regional banks go into an element of restructuring.

"They won't let it go bankrupt but the restructuring might mean bail-in, might mean some creditors. And I think that will be part of this restructuring of the system over the next couple of years.

"So my thoughts on China is - I don't think it will fall off a cliff, but since there will be winners and losers, you'd better be very thoughtful and careful about your selection of counterparties...who do you really do business with."

Overall, Mr Gupta sees a "slow bias" in the economy in Asia. This is largely due to a restructuring in the Chinese economy, as policymakers opt for quality growth over high growth.

"If China runs at 7 or 7.5% (full year GDP growth), I think it always spills over into our part of the world. There will be some volatility and up and down - Singapore surprised with the latest GDP number - but overall I really see a slow bias in the economy in this part of the world," said Mr Gupta.*

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/singapore/lock-in-loans-at-current/745500.html

Ringo33
16-07-13, 00:51

DKSG

Hell yeah, Jurong has got one of the largest population of age group between 20 to 40 years old and these are the people in their most productive years. And also the reason why big developers and retailers are putting big money into malls and commercial offices space in Jurong Gateway.

Then again, dont you think its pretty stupid to assume that people living in Jurong are not also investors in CCR and vice versa? Personally I already know of at least 10 people living in the west but also own investment properties CCR and RCR.

Then again, considering the supply and demand, with over 10 thousand new job moving into JLD, property owners in Western region will have got the least worry compare to other region because the west region is on a massive expansion drive. JLD, Wenya industry estate, PSA moving Tuas, Jurong Island etc etc

Have you forgotten how the western region buyers shock the market when Caspian was launch in early 2009? During that time, the entire market was pissing in their pants because of Lehman brother crisis.

Honestly dont waste time making those silly and baseless assumption, no one is going to believe you.

mrtcard
16-07-13, 02:16
Im confident about this project. Rental will not be a problem. Appreciation also no problem. I have faith. Whether J gateway will shine is a matter of time. I agree and disagree with some of you.
There is never the best property because our priorities differ.

J gateway will appreciate.

People still buy The Sail 2 to 3 times more knowing it was priced 900-1000psf
people still buy MK138 over 700k for MM knowing it was 350k to 400k for in 2005
Caspian was dirt cheap and every owner has earned about 200k now but they are holding coz all knew its going to appreciate some more.
some people like city,
some people like quiet,
some people like mrt.
They just buy because they like and price seems secondary.
I believe they are a lot of people who are amenities lovers.
Jurong gateway and JLD will wow.
Im proud to be one of the owner in J gateway. Shall we start a thread for JG owners?

lionhill
16-07-13, 08:49

DKSG
Brother, you underestimate the buying power of Jurong people.
I went for Jems once. I did not see anything that Jurong people cannot afford.

Also, I think most of the JG buyers do not buy it for own stay, but for investment. My friend also bought a 2 bedder there. It is their 3rd properties.
I suggested them having a look at CCR, but they said they could only buy sth they are familar with. It is from then, I changed my viewpoint of JG.

there are many Jurong couples in their forties earning between 15k to 25k per months, I think. Go to Toh Guan road and check the luxury cars in the HDB estates, you will understand it.

Condo Kaiser
16-07-13, 09:51
I think people fail to realise that most buyers rushed to buy j gateway to beat the new MAS TDSR rule.

Not because the project was so attractive...

Their hands were forced and I believe the timing of the launch couldnt be better.

;)

Condo Kaiser
16-07-13, 09:53
And this brings me back to my earlier point abt the kiasu singaporean....

Condo Kaiser
16-07-13, 10:00
And this brings me back to my earlier point abt the kiasu singaporean....

but a lot of stupid people cheong to buy new launch all over the island leh... all is heartland one... why? kiasu lo... and j gate way is the ultimate kiasu lo... something worth 10 dollars in 5 years, people sell u for 11 dollars today...

just my thoughts....... most of the big development in jurong coming online in 10 years time... too risky to pay T+10yrs price today...

Regulators
16-07-13, 10:02
...and the agents did a damn good job by using jld to con buyers into paying these ridiculous prices.

I think people fail to realise that most buyers rushed to buy j gateway to beat the new MAS TDSR rule.

Their hands were forced and I believe the timing of the launch couldnt be better.

;)

Ringo33
16-07-13, 10:05

;)

That's total rubbish. Preview was a Friday buyer took off from work to be there since morning and announcement wasn't made till around 5pm that day.

Think before you post and read my signature

EBD
16-07-13, 10:33

DKSG

property 101

"The important saying in real estate of "buying the worst house on the best street" rather than 'best house on worst street' because you cant change a property’s location which is considered more important that the physical characteristics of the property, is an old one."

If I can buy on the best street for the same money as the worst street - why wouldn't I?

But after looking through at the whole of Ringos posts - quantum is a factor.

The sail units are a bit bigger than JG. So I think bottom line is he can't afford sail unit but can afford JG unit.

So then it becomes cannot afford the worst house on the best street - and nothing wrong with that - we're not all multi millionaires.

I just think those prices at Jurong have factored in a lot of JLD story and growth already.

I'm not a great fan of Jurong (there are some strange smells in the air at times that's not going to go away with any of the development on offer - it requires demolition of those industries creating the smell ).

I stayed near the caspian site for a couple of years while waiting for to pick up cheap cheap downtown after financial crisis - but if you do believe the JLD story so much, shouldn't you have been buying caspian at 600psf rather than JG a few years later at 1700?

BTW - did he say if he actually bought JG?

eng81157
16-07-13, 10:41
property 101

"The important saying in real estate of "buying the worst house on the best street" rather than 'best house on worst street' because you cant change a property’s location which is considered more important that the physical characteristics of the property, is an old one."

If I can buy on the best street for the same money as the worst street - why wouldn't I?

The sail units are a bit bigger than JG. So I think bottom line is he can't afford sail unit but can afford JG unit.

So then it becomes cannot afford the worst house on the best street - and nothing wrong with that - we're not all multi millionaires.

I just think those prices at Jurong have factored in a lot of JLD story and growth already.

I'm not a great fan of Jurong (there are some strange smells in the air at times that's not going to go away with any of the development on offer - it requires demolition of those industries creating the smell ).

I stayed near the caspian site for a couple of years while waiting for to pick up cheap cheap downtown after financial crisis - but if you do believe the JLD story so much, shouldn't you have been buying caspian at 600psf rather than JG a few years later at 1700?

beats me, but he's raving about a third IR and the prospects of jurong turning into huge commercial district - as if it's going to be manhattan.

does the smell drift that far to jurong east? i know Boon Lay is bad, and it hits lakeside at times.

xebay11
16-07-13, 11:54
beats me, but he's raving about a third IR and the prospects of jurong turning into huge commercial district - as if it's going to be manhattan.

does the smell drift that far to jurong east? i know Boon Lay is bad, and it hits lakeside at times.

It is exactly because of the smells that is why the Govt knew that flogging off land there is a no go as the prices would be cheap, cheap...so they are going to turn it into a huge commercial district, this will have a knock on effect on raising land prices for residential there.

See HDB units near Pioneer MRT, in the late 90s demand there was so bad that they actually boarded up the units instead of selling them cheap, but later when they put a huge sports complex with Big Splash facilities and Pioneer MRT, the units were snapped up....the same would happen to residential developments within 5 km of the JLD.

There is actually nothing to discuss on the future of JLD and property prices...your are either for it, or against it.

DKSG
16-07-13, 12:19
property 101

Completely agree.

So to all forummers, especially amatuers reading this thread. Remember - for the same price, ALWAYS get the worst unit in the best street rather than the best unit in the worst street.

Upside in Jurong is limited from $1,700 onwards.

The next trend Office Boy predicts is that people will start to take profit in the Jurong area using the $1,700 as benchmark and then use the profit to "upgrade" themselves to nearer to town. And this upgrading wave will continue to pressure (up) prices from Jurong to Orchard.

DKSG

Regulators
16-07-13, 12:27
Existing west owners will already be reaping loads if they can sell $500psf lower than j gateway launch price.
Completely agree.

So to all forummers, especially amatuers reading this thread. Remember - for the same price, ALWAYS get the worst unit in the best street rather than the best unit in the worst street.

The next trend Office Boy predicts is that people will start to take profit in the Jurong area using the $1,700 as benchmark and then use the profit to "upgrade" themselves to nearer to town. And this upgrading wave will continue to pressure (up) prices from Jurong to Orchard.

DKSG

DKSG
16-07-13, 12:33
Existing west owners will already be reaping loads if they can sell $500psf lower than j gateway launch price.

Wait! I must put a caveat to my statement since I highlighted it to amatuers.

If you can find a PC in Jurong selling for less than $1,100 psf - also can grab! Because your neighbour got 700++ people paid $1,450-$1,750 psf !

Confirm make!

If you now own a PC in Jurong, and got KaiZi willing to pay you more than $1,500, quickly chop this carrot and move to somewhere nearer town, only need to top up abt $300 psf - can get FH Mt Sinai !!!

DKSG

Reisor
16-07-13, 12:34
Completely agree.

DKSG

Song Song Kao Jurong
Song Song Jao Jurong :santana:

AK47
16-07-13, 13:17
Did you guys know Centro Residences at AMK went for 1920psf for a 1000sf unit? If you compare that to this project I would say 1700psf for MM is cheap! On the map, JE is about the same distance to CBD as AMK.

But that said, Fast East always keep high floor units in their project and sell them at ridiculous prices later. If my memory is correct, none of these high floor sold make money since 2007. May it be Cliff, Icon etc.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 13:22
property 101

OMG, I almost fell off the chair when I read this during my lunch. Luckily I was eating noodle soup, or else I might have been choked to death while ROFL.

How on earth can any property investor dare to make such nonsensical statement in a city state like Singapore where the government could transform a 3rd world fishing kampong into a 1st world nation within the span of less than 50 years.

The only people who agree to such nonsensical property 101 theory, are perhaps the herds who need to follow where the crowd go, without knowing they are always buying at the tail end of the bull cycle.

E.g. 30 years ago, who would have thought the Singapore River will be transform into a upmarket residential and commercial area, Bishan cemetery would turn out to become the most expensive HDB estate, the the most popular shopping mall on Orchard road is sitting on a cemetery, the bare land on Marina South will turn out to be the most expensive LH residential area in Singapore costing above $3500psf (more expensive than ardmore park), and Tanjong Rhu would turn from a ship building site into hot residential area that is selling above 2000psf, Pulao Belakang Mati would turn into a rich man playground.

There are only a few reasons why anyone would make such statement

1) They are clueless of what they are saying
2) The lack knowledge on Singapore history and urban development
3) They Missed the Boat

http://osakabentures.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/miss-the-boat.jpg

As the saying goes, it you want to make real money, dont follow the herd.

As an investor, do want to be the sheep or the shepherd?

Ringo33
16-07-13, 13:26
Completely agree.

DKSG

I am glad you completely agree to that.

Hillier
16-07-13, 13:26

;)

Hi, I would like to correct that TDSR rule annoucement has nothing to do with JG booking. All units except a few 1 bedders were all sold out by 4-5pm. My friend who booked a unit rushed back to the show flat to collect the OTP at 8pm after TDSR announcement. FYI

Ringo33
16-07-13, 13:28

Very fortunately you are one of those who didnt believe in Caspian when it was launch and there is no need to even try to deny it because there are plenty of record on what you have said in this forum several years ago.

Perhaps you should be glad and thankful that none of them believe what you said and I see no reason why anyone should do otherwise today.

Allthepies
16-07-13, 13:34
Caspian was dirt cheap and every owner has earned about 200k now but they are holding coz all knew its going to appreciate some more.

i need to correct you on Caspian: first owner of Caspian 3 bedders do not earn just 200K, they have earned 700K =) :D:D:D:D

Regulators
16-07-13, 13:40
Did i tell ppl not to buy caspian at their launch price ? U must be hallucinating. :doh:
Very fortunately you are one of those who didnt believe in Caspian when it was launch and there is no need to even try to deny it because there are plenty of record on what you have said in this forum several years ago.

Perhaps you should be glad and thankful that none of them believe what you said and I see no reason why anyone should do otherwise today.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 13:43
Did i tell ppl not to buy caspian at their launch price ? U must be hallucinating. :doh:

Don't worry no one here ever take what you said seriously except for your avatar who voted for you

EBD
16-07-13, 13:49

Don't know if it gets to JE to be honest. But definately around caspian site - 100%

think it's the chocolate factory....... but not sure

EBD
16-07-13, 14:07
OMG, I almost fell off the chair when I read this during my lunch. Luckily I was eating noodle soup, or else I might have been choked to death while ROFL.

How on earth can any property investor dare to make such nonsensical statement in a city state like Singapore where the government could transform a 3rd world fishing kampong into a 1st world nation within the span of less than 50 years.

The only people who agree to such nonsensical property 101 theory, are perhaps the herds who need to follow where the crowd go, without knowing they are always buying at the tail end of the bull cycle.

E.g. 30 years ago, who would have thought the Singapore River will be transform into a upmarket residential and commercial area, Bishan cemetery would turn out to become the most expensive HDB estate, the the most popular shopping mall on Orchard road is sitting on a cemetery, the bare land on Marina South will turn out to be the most expensive LH residential area in Singapore costing above $3500psf (more expensive than ardmore park), and Tanjong Rhu would turn from a ship building site into hot residential area that is selling above 2000psf, Pulao Belakang Mati would turn into a rich man playground.

3) They Missed the Boat

I'm glad you didn't choke.
I am aware of plenty of those developments you mentioned.

Some are easy to see how they would be transformed. Marina bay was built on reclaimed land next to the heart of the city. This is as obvious as renovation of London docklands in the late 80's - prime land next to the heart of the city.

The equivalent for Jurong would be to

You'll have to remind us what a great expert you are on the local property market by listing all your current holdings.

I seem to remember earlier in one of these threads declaring yourself to be "hdb dweller" (your words , not mine) and have not seen you admit to even buying JG.

Most of us have multiple holdings for many years. I guess we are just lucky that with no foresight we get so fortunate. :beats-me-man: :doh:

As for missing the boat, I bought during the depths of the AFC, during the depths of the WFC - I'm a goddamn boat master - looks like you however are getting scalped by the lake boat tour ticket touts.

sub 1 kpsf FH D9 vs 1.7 kpsf JG - ok ok - I bow to your awesomeness.

Hillier
16-07-13, 14:11
Don't know if it gets to JE to be honest. But definately around caspian site - 100%

think it's the chocolate factory....... but not sure

The crowd, noise and gathering of workers scared me away from City square residences, Centris, lakeshore and caspian at 800psf; In the end, it's me who ended up as loser due to my own misjudgment for going against the developments and market opinion. Trust me missing the boat is very painful than losing a few percentage on the investment based on intuition and guts.!!

Ringo33
16-07-13, 14:16
I'm glad you didn't choke.
I am aware of plenty of those developments you mentioned.

Some are easy to see how they would be transformed. Marina bay was built on reclaimed land next to the heart of the city. This is as obvious as renovation of London docklands in the late 80's - prime land next to the heart of the city.

The equivalent for Jurong would be to

You'll have to remind us what a great expert you are on the local property market by listing all your current holdings.

I seem to remember earlier in one of these threads declaring yourself to be "hdb dweller" (your words , not mine) and have not seen you admit to even buying JG.

Most of us have multiple holdings for many years. I guess we are just lucky that with no foresight we get so fortunate. :beats-me-man: :doh:

As for missing the boat, I bought during the depths of the AFC, during the depths of the WFC - I'm a goddamn boat master - looks like you however are getting scalped by the lake boat tour ticket touts.

sub 1 kpsf FH D9 vs 1.7 kpsf JG - ok ok - I bow to your awesomeness.

You dont need foresight to be an arm chair critics, you only need to use the Stop Pause and Rewind button. Just like all the ah pek Man U fan sitting at kopi tiam will tell you they can coach better than Alex Feguson after watching ManU losing a match.

xebay11
16-07-13, 14:17

3) They Missed the Boat

I cannot agree more, but I am surprised that people on this forum can actually not see this, this forum is actually made up of the cream of the crop of all sorts of experts and analyst, throwing historical data and psf rates like some scientific study, yet cannot see potentials, I remember also when forum members were slagging off City Square Residences but today those buyers who bought are sitting on piles of appreciation.

Anyway save yourself the trouble, not everyone makes money in property, there will always be laggards and first movers.

All those examples you mentioned, I have seen and experienced with my own eyes. I am definitely not a West lover, but I know that besides the City area, it is the West that provides the next biggest source of employment, in the past it was quite low level employment but with the transformation plans beginning with JLD, this is an area to be reckoned with and higher level employment will be seen. Savy investors should thank the chocolate smells so that they can buy low now and when the transformation takes place make lots of money due to a low start base.

No point in investing in areas which are obviously good areas.

Regulators
16-07-13, 14:18
Think u should by now realise that everyone here is taking u very SERIOUSLY as entertainment n comic relief to kill their weekday boredom. We all know how 'savvy' u r as an investor by now for trying to turn fool's gold into real gold :D
Don't worry no one here ever take what you said seriously except for your avatar who voted for you

EBD
16-07-13, 14:30
The crowd, noise and gathering of workers scared me away from City square residences, Centris, lakeshore and caspian at 800psf; In the end, it's me who ended up as loser due to my own misjudgment for going against the developments and market opinion. Trust me missing the boat is very painful than losing a few percentage on the investment based on intuition and guts.!!

If you look carefully I say lived there for a couple of years. Still have that property - just didn't like living there. I remember this....http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.com/2008/10/hundreds-of-fish-dead-at-jurong-lake.html - I bet all those factories upstream had nothing to do with it :doh:

Also think those who bought the caspian did an inspired job, as did those who bought city square. Although the location is not so great the caspian was truely bottom hunters dream - Price was right and protected against downside risk.

ps where is this boat everyone keeps talking about that we are supposed to have missed? Oh wait - I can see a few people boarding the SS titanic in 2013. Those who got on board the dreadnought in 2009 will be able to stomach any stormy seas ahead.

Now is the time to start storing up the bullets and wait for the next crisis. There's always lot's of desperado's to load up from cheap cheap - the one's who got their sums all wrong.

Enjoy!

Ringo33
16-07-13, 14:33
Think u should by now realise that everyone here is taking u very SERIOUSLY as entertainment n comic relief to kill their weekday boredom. We all know how 'savvy' u r as an investor by now for trying to turn fool's gold into real gold :D

I will give you some limelight if that is so important to you.

April 2009, 4 years ago.

i feel caspian buyers r banking too much on gov plan to develop lake area. Near mrt must also see what mrt station. Lakeside mrt is neither here nor there

Anybody interested to read about Regulators foresight about property investment, you can go to this link. But beware, have a double espresso before you read

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=6908&page=14

Simi
16-07-13, 14:34

Since you post that

My answer to you is

Yes you did :D

not nice for me to cut and paste
but you can go check the Caspian thread :ashamed1:

Regulators
16-07-13, 14:38
If i remember correctly, the price of caspian was either or on par with surrounding projects at that time so there is strong support. In fact it was not only the caspian owners who reaped when buying in 2009, any project bought at that time would make money. I remember the sail to be selling for only $14xxpsf during crisis n many projects to be going for good value.
If you look carefully I say lived there for a couple of years. Still have that property - just didn't like living there. I remember this....http://wildsingaporenews.blogspot.com/2008/10/hundreds-of-fish-dead-at-jurong-lake.html - I bet all those factories upstream had nothing to do with it :doh:

Also think those who bought the caspian did an inspired job, as did those who bought city square. Although the location is not so great the caspian was truely bottom hunters dream - Price was right and protected against downside risk.

ps where is this boat everyone keeps talking about that we are supposed to have missed? Oh wait - I can see a few people boarding the SS titanic in 2013. Those who got on board the dreadnought in 2009 will be able to stomach any stormy seas ahead.

Now is the time to start storing up the bullets and wait for the next crisis. There's always lot's of desperado's to load up from cheap cheap - the one's who got their sums all wrong.

Enjoy!

EBD
16-07-13, 14:44
You dont need foresight to be an arm chair critics, you only need to use the Stop Pause and Rewind button. Just like all the ah pek Man U fan sitting at kopi tiam will tell you they can coach better than Alex Feguson after watching ManU losing a match.

oh dear..... this really reveals a lot of your view of the world. Cannot see past your own situation.

Just because you don't or can't act on property here, doesn't mean the rest of us are not in the game.

Some people don't miss the boat ringo - some here have enough for the title Admiral.

I am small timer in comparison only few.

I notice you still didn't bother to tell us what you are owning "Donald Trump"

Is it safe to assume - nothing at all?

EBD
16-07-13, 14:47
If i remember correctly, the price of caspian was either or on par with surrounding projects at that time so there is strong support. In fact it was not only the caspian owners who reaped when buying in 2009, any project bought at that time would make money. I remember the sail to be selling for only $14xxpsf during crisis n many projects to be going for good value.

true - you only get rich by buying when there is blood on the streets.

Not when taxi uncle is also queueing up overnight for anticipated VVVVIP special launch (which everyone's invited to)

hopeful
16-07-13, 14:57

i disagree with you on this part. argument should stand on its own merit.
does this mean people who are richer, their argument is stronger?
or those who have more properties, are more logical and your statement can even be stretched to people who are older are wiser than those who are younger.

is this why this forummer post a picture of his bank balance of 4++ million?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=414706&postcount=31
to show he is rich enough, can afford an apartment that is 6 min walk to takashimaya, (which we all know the apt is around orchard rd). else people only think he BS abt getting aprtment 6 min walk to taka

btw, i am now a landlubber. so my statement has no weight at all

Regulators
16-07-13, 14:57
Lol.... at that point in time during the crisis, the entire Singapore was rich pickings for cheap value properties n i have rightfully parked my money elsewhere which has earned me more decent a gain than caspian. Till this day i still stand by my early postings that caspian is a cock location with many two bedders having a Cock facing so dont worry i wont retract what I said :D

April 2009, 4 years ago.

Anybody interested to read about Regulators foresight about property investment, you can go to this link. But beware, have a double espresso before you read

EBD
16-07-13, 15:16
i disagree with you on this part. argument should stand on its own merit.
does this mean people who are richer, their argument is stronger?
or those who have more properties, are more logical and your statement can even be stretched to people who are older are wiser than those who are younger.

is this why this forummer post a picture of his bank balance of 4++ million?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=414706&postcount=31
to show he is rich enough, can afford an apartment that is 6 min walk to takashimaya, (which we all know the apt is around orchard rd). else people only think he BS abt getting aprtment 6 min walk to taka

btw, i am now a landlubber. so my statement has no weight at all

there is truth to what you say. however our friend here is calling people armchair critics and boat missers , that somehow we are suffering from sour grapes & that we have missed out somehow.

He seems to imply he values actions over academic wisdom - the skin in the game argument.

I am telling him I have plenty in this game, I've just been asking him how much of his skin is in it?

Seems to be avoiding the subject for some reason.....

Strangely enough - I don't hold everyone to this standard. I am also thinking of offloading some, but because of the all the cooling measures makes doing so difficult to get back in

EBD
16-07-13, 15:20
Lol.... at that point in time during the crisis, the entire Singapore was rich pickings for cheap value properties n i have rightfully parked my money elsewhere which has earned me more decent a gain than caspian. Till this day i still stand by my early postings that caspian is a cock location with many two bedders having a Cock facing so dont worry i wont retract what I said :D

That's true - at that time can find places like aspen heights and valley park going under 1k psf. Make caspian look relatively unattractive I suppose.

but still those that dared to buy then should still feel happy about there move back in 2009. What is there downside risk compared to JG chongsters?

Ringo33
16-07-13, 15:24
oh dear..... this really reveals a lot of your view of the world. Cannot see past your own situation.

Just because you don't or can't act on property here, doesn't mean the rest of us are not in the game.

Some people don't miss the boat ringo - some here have enough for the title Admiral.

I am small timer in comparison only few.

I notice you are slowing diverting your discussion away from your property 101.

AFAIK, in the past 30 years ago, many bad streets and none existent streets in Singapore have turn into gold mine, while many historical gold mine have become over mined and congested

So perhaps you might want to apply what you preach into action.
Should Singaporeans all rush to buy Ardmore park condo since its consider one of the best street? Hows has it been performing over the last 5 to 10 years as compared to "worst street"?

Regulators
16-07-13, 15:33
If u think your 474sqft unit at j gateway will perform equally well as caspian in the next four years, why dont u dare project what your selling price will be in four years? $800k plus is ur vurrent purchase px, let us see on TOP if you can even sell at $1 million.

AFAIK, in the past 30 years ago, many bad streets and none existent streets in Singapore have turn into gold mine, while many historical gold mine have become over mined and congested

Should Singaporeans all rush to buy Ardmore park condo since its consider one of the best street? Hows has it been performing over the last 5 to 10 years as compared to "worst street"?

Ringo33
16-07-13, 15:35
there is truth to what you say. however our friend here is calling people armchair critics and boat missers , that somehow we are suffering from sour grapes & that we have missed out somehow.

He seems to imply he values actions over academic wisdom - the skin in the game argument.

I am telling him I have plenty in this game, I've just been asking him how much of his skin is in it?

Seems to be avoiding the subject for some reason.....

Strangely enough - I don't hold everyone to this standard. I am also thinking of offloading some, but because of the all the cooling measures makes doing so difficult to get back in

Yes, I did call you an arm chair critics because it is always easy to say its obvious this and than when things already happen. Just like anyone who watches a penalty shootout will know where to place the ball after the game or which way to dive, when the game is over.

Marina bay was built on reclaimed land next to the heart of the city. This is as obvious as renovation of London docklands in the late 80's - prime land next to the heart of the city.

Prior to the announcement of IR, everyone was saying that The Sail was expensive, LH, might as well buy orchard FH, the best street in Singapore.

Dont you think you are contradicting your property 101?

Ringo33
16-07-13, 15:36
If u think your 474sqft unit at j gateway will perform equally well as caspian in the next four years, why dont u dare project what your selling price will be in four years? $800k plus is ur vurrent purchase px, let us see on TOP if you can even sell at $1 million.

Regulators, when adults are talking, please dont interrupt.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 15:43
Yes, I did call you an arm chair critics because it is always easy to say its obvious this and than when things already happen. Just like anyone who watches a penalty shootout will know where to place the ball after the game or which way to dive, when the game is over.

Prior to the announcement of IR, everyone was saying that The Sail was expensive, LH, might as well buy orchard FH, the best street in Singapore.

And I hope that those who agree with your Property 101 theory "COMPLETELY" will not suddenly act blur and keep quiet.

teddybear
16-07-13, 16:02
Why you didn't quote what I posted?
If you had bought in 2009Q1 when I told you to do so, anything you bought at that time also has turned into gold now, don't have to bank on J Gateway which is a big unknown.........
But I say J Gateway future very dim....... :p
E.g. Rivergate, at that time about $1200 psf, now almost $2000 psf or a gain of about 67%. You think J Gateway at $1700 psf can go up 67% to become $2833 psf within next 5 years? :scared-2:
What do you think J Gateway will be worth 5 years from now? :rolleyes:

April 2009, 4 years ago.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 16:08
Why you didn't quote what I posted?
If you had bought in 2009Q1 when I told you to do so, anything you bought at that time also has turned into gold now, don't have to bank on J Gateway which is a big unknown.........
But I say J Gateway future very dim....... :p
E.g. Rivergate, at that time about $1200 psf, now almost $2000 psf or a gain of about 67%. You think J Gateway at $1700 psf can go up 67% to become $2833 psf within next 5 years? :scared-2:
What do you think J Gateway will be worth 5 years from now? :rolleyes:

If you wish to blow your own trumpet, start another thread.

EBD
16-07-13, 16:20

I believed I have answered plenty - from your ridiculous missed the boat to armchair critic nonsense.

I'm also not preaching to people to go and buy Ardmore - your example is plainly ridiculous - you haven't yet understood what the phrase means. There is almost no helping you, but because I'm a charitable person I'll give it just one go.....

To someone with x dollars caspian may have represented the worst house on the best street to them - that is all their budget could stretch to.
Maybe they could have gotten a better house in pungol/sengkang - but the street would be worse.

property 101 is still in force - you haven't yet worked out you would already be paying above best street prices for JG even though the street hasn't yet been built. If you bought JG on the agents story - god bless you.

and you are still dodging alllllll the questions.
Did you buy JG? Have you bought anything at all? Didn't think so....

btw your sig is only second hand amusing
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=67988&postcount=10 (2009) gets a bit boring if you use it too often.

EBD
16-07-13, 16:39

Facepalm....... so when we all buy - we know exactly how things are going to pan out? I wish I had such foresight and could be 100%. I would spend all day in the casino.

An armchair critic my dear, is someone who never participates and has nothing to lose no matter how things turn out. Given that many of the people you are calling such nonsense are actively participating in the property market with no guarantee of success to hear someone such as yourself call us armchair critics is beyond irony. It's openly hypocritical unless you have some skin in the game yourself. Do you?
I don't think you even understand the words you are using.

I have just posted what the best street metaphor is..... I don't expect you to understand it, but no doubt the rest of the "armchair critics" here - you know the ones that actually own properties - will.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 16:40
I believed I have answered plenty - from your ridiculous missed the boat to armchair critic nonsense.

I'm also not preaching to people to go and buy Ardmore - your example is plainly ridiculous - you haven't yet understood what the phrase means. There is almost no helping you, but because I'm a charitable person I'll give it just one go.....

To someone with x dollars caspian may have represented the worst house on the best street to them - that is all their budget could stretch to.
Maybe they could have gotten a better house in pungol/sengkang - but the street would be worse.

property 101 is still in force - you haven't yet worked out you would already be paying above best street prices for JG even though the street hasn't yet been built. If you bought JG on the agents story - god bless you.

btw your sig is only second hand amusing
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=67988&postcount=10 (2009) gets a bit boring if you use it too often.

Again i wish to highlight something which I have already said many time in this forum, please dont come to social forum to brag about how rich and mighty you are, or how many apartments you own etc, this is not a platform for doing so and it will gain you no credit in the real world.

So please stop asking question is I own this or not. Its really none of your business and it is not going to make your Property 101 theory sound more credible anyway.

So Mr. EBD, according to your Property 101 (as stated below) you are recommending that one should always buy property on the best street.

1) So which are the so call best and worst street you talking about?

2) As we all know that Singapore has turn from a fishing village some 50 years ago into a 1st world country. Which mean, many bad dirty sleazy haunted and non existent streets have turn into gold mine because of government aggressive urban redevelopment.

So my question to you is why do you think that the same government which have successfully created many "best street" is unable to recreate their magic on JLD?

3) Could you perhaps also show us how well the "best streets" and the no-so-good or worst streets have perform over the last 10 years

If you talk the talk with some much confidence, I am absolutely sure you would walk the walk too.

EBD
16-07-13, 16:42
If you wish to blow your own trumpet, start another thread.

I think he's allowed to blow it where ever he want's.

Who died and made you god of this forum mr 2012?

Ringo33
16-07-13, 16:50

Focus of our discussion about property 101 please.

Best Street vs Worst Street.

EBD
16-07-13, 16:55
Focus of our discussion about property 101 please.

Best Street vs Worst Street.

I see, only you are allowed to make snappy one liners issit?

Ringo33
16-07-13, 16:55

1) The date of your forum registration does not carry any weight on what you said, so please dont even try to impress anyone with that.

2) I am fully aware of your uncomfortable position because of what you said about Property 101 Best Street vs Worst Street, so it is understandable that you would like to talk about trumpet instead of property

3) During good time, dead fish also swim down stream, so please dont try to impress anyone why tell us that 4 years ago you said this and that.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 16:58
I see, only you are allowed to make snappy one liners issit?

Please dont waste my time leh.

Do you have answer to my questions? Yes or No?

property 101

So Mr. EBD, according to your Property 101 (as stated above) you are recommending that one should always buy property on the best street.

2) As we all know that Singapore has turn from a fishing village some 50 years ago into a 1st world country. Which mean, many bad dirty sleazy haunted and non existent streets have turn into gold mine because of government aggressive urban redevelopment.

So my question to you is why do you think that the same government which have successfully created many "best street" is unable to recreate their magic on JLD?

3) Could you perhaps also show us how well the "best streets" and the no-so-good or worst streets have perform over the last 10 years

Autumnwinds
16-07-13, 17:06

Aiyo, this question I have asked a long time ago. Actually, you don't have to guess whether or not he has bought. Cause you can tell me someone defends fiercely with vested interest. :D

sunrise
16-07-13, 17:14
He must from developer side. Promoting jg and next jld project. Maybe his comission from the replies he made.

EBD
16-07-13, 18:08
Again i wish to highlight something which I have already said many time in this forum, please dont come to social forum to brag about how rich and mighty you are, or how many apartments you own etc, this is not a platform for doing so and it will gain you no credit in the real world.

So please stop asking question is I own this or not. Its really none of your business and it is not going to make your Property 101 theory sound more credible anyway.

So Mr. EBD, according to your Property 101 (as stated below) you are recommending that one should always buy property on the best street.

If you talk the talk with some much confidence, I am absolutely sure you would walk the walk too.

You are talking so much rubbish here I don't know where to start.

No 1 - why do you think this is a social forum? Take a look at the forum name.
It's about investment in property, in Singapore. If you want to go sing happy sing-song go to EDMW forum of something like that. Here is for property talk & investment.

Plenty of us have made substantial investments. We have skin in the game and to listen to someone with none & no experience - whilst of course doesn't make your points automatically invalid, it does show you don't put your money where you mouth is. Either can't or won't. Very evasive.

You also don't get to dictate what people can or cannot talk about.
Or define what gets credit in the real world - although if you think anyones walking away from a debate here and think their peers are going to look up to them for putting up anonymous post on an anonymous internet forum..... how dumb do you think everyone is?

Sorry to disappoint - but I'm sure you are going to find people have different opinions and style form your own. Time to get over it & stop thinking everyone's going to behave exactly the way you want them to.
Not your personal forum buddy.

1) you need to re-read what best street , worst house means. I really can't help you. It's not a literal location - it's a metaphor that applies to investing in property & applies differently to different people and what they can/cannot afford. For me best street would be RV area - I'm not shy to admit I can't afford Ardmore Park without doing the whole all eggs one basket trick (pls tell me you at least understand this metaphor, if not at least pls google before asking me to give you a personalised explaination)

I can only ask you to read - I can't make you think.

Also please google "best house , worst street" - I didn't forge this doctrine.
A prime example of this would be Pacific mansion vs JG on launch.
Only problem there now is that the enbloc premium has been shoved in the price. So Pacific mansion in 2005 would have been a fantastic buy.
Great location, filled with hookers, good yield, if I didn't have kids I would have bought it in a minute - massive potential upside. Why?

JG 2013 - all upside just about baked in. Hard to move compared to surrounding property. Why?

2) the fishing village myth. Are you sure that is all that Singapore was 50 yrs ago? I have a big fat book on my coffee table showing raffles place in the early 20th century looking anything like a fishing village. You think raffles place was a swamp before all those shiney skyscrapers appeared?

3) Walk has been walked - homestead is nice 1600 sq ft 4bdr freehold in RV. Next door development is brand new and charges people a 30% premium for the privilege - what does it have extra? Can't be the location.

Again - after rereading your post - you clearly have no idea what the metaphor means so until you read other property sites that can explain it simply for you, there's absolutely no point continuing this.

Listen it's been real. I hope you get your 100% gain on the property you haven't bought (not sure how that's going to work) but I hope it all works out for you. You have obviously found a way to riches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=67988&postcount=10

DKSG
16-07-13, 18:11
Why is it so difficult for everyone to agree that a $2,0xx psf The Sail is a much better buy than a $1,7xx psf Jurong ?

Is it really that difficult, need so much debate ?

DKSG

Simi
16-07-13, 18:30
Why is it so difficult for everyone to agree that a $2,0xx psf The Sail is a much better buy than a $1,7xx psf Jurong ?

DKSG

Hi
just different mindset

I readily agree with you that for investment wise The Sail would be a better deal than J Gateway but speaking just for myself as being a Juronger all my life, would still prefer the West and will not want to miss all the buzz now that our Government has decided to transform The West

DKSG
16-07-13, 18:36
Hi
just different mindset

I readily agree with you that for investment wise The Sail would be a better deal than J Gateway but speaking just for myself as being a Juronger all my life, would still prefer the West and will not want to miss all the buzz now that our Government has decided to transform The West

You mean if you can buy a $1.5 mil studio PC for investment, you will choose to buy Jurong @ $1,700 psf instead of The Sail @$2,0xx psf ?

If so, please tell us. I am sure we keen to know the real reasons, not some talking up the market stuff.

DKSG

Simi
16-07-13, 18:46
You mean if you can buy a $1.5 mil studio PC for investment, you will choose to buy Jurong @ $1,700 psf instead of The Sail @$2,0xx psf ?

If so, please tell us. I am sure we keen to know the real reasons, not some talking up the market stuff.

DKSG

Have never talk up or down any property in this forum
and most of my postings were just my own view and opinion

Reason like I had posted...."mindset"
been so used to and comfortable in the West

Read a story once about a lady who rather be in a BMW crying then to be on a bicycle smiling and laughing away

Maybe I prefer to be that lady....to be happy

lajia
16-07-13, 19:12
Bro, as I have said, I'm not vested in Jgateway but really interested in the 2,0xx psf that you talk about...are u comparing 1 bedder to 1 bedder. Can share? I will buy this 2,0xx psf let me know so that I can also go for viewing...:D

DKSG

DKSG
16-07-13, 19:14
Have never talk up or down any property in this forum
and most of my postings were just my own view and opinion

Reason like I had posted...."mindset"
been so used to and comfortable in the West

Read a story once about a lady who rather be in a BMW crying then to be on a bicycle smiling and laughing away

Maybe I prefer to be that lady....to be happy

I totally agree with the mindset.

We all certainly hope that the 700+++ buyers are all mindset buyers, not those looking for a better investment than The Sail or even Echelon or Ascentia Sky. That they love Jurong so much that they must invest in Jurong.

Most women would be smiling in the BMW if they ignore the person who bought the BMW for them. Haha!

DKSG

Zile
16-07-13, 19:18
How BIG is our Singapore anyway??? JLD good J Gateway good singapore good. We are all in the same shit only the depths vary :tongue3:

DKSG
16-07-13, 19:18
Bro, as I have said, I'm not vested in Jgateway but really interested in the 2,0xx psf that you talk about...are u comparing 1 bedder to 1 bedder. Can share? I will buy this 2,0xx psf let me know so that I can also go for viewing...:D

Big Brother!

Dont say Office Boy suan you hor... Go Property Guru and find la! If you look hard enough, there are units at The Sail 6xx sqft, going for $2,0xx psf ... those quote $2,1xx ones can nego to $2,0xx ... but dont say Office Boy teach you one ok ?

Happy Buying !

Be the first in this forum to choose The Sail @ $2,0xx psf OVER Jurong at $1,700 psf ... and we wait 4 years, see which PC make more!

DKSG
PS : Office Boy not agent, cannot recommend specific properties, else later police catch!

lajia
16-07-13, 19:31
Bro boy, For your info, I call some of them recently, they either told me the unit no longer available, or just want to get my contact and recommend me else where....u know their tricks right, don't u. That's why I ask u since u know then save my trouble to call each one. By the way, I am really looking at 1 bedder :D

Big Brother!

Dont say Office Boy suan you hor... Go Property Guru and find la! If you look hard enough, there are units at The Sail 6xx sqft, going for $2,0xx psf ... those quote $2,1xx ones can nego to $2,0xx ... but dont say Office Boy teach you one ok ?

Happy Buying !

Be the first in this forum to choose The Sail @ $2,0xx psf OVER Jurong at $1,700 psf ... and we wait 4 years, see which PC make more!

DKSG
PS : Office Boy not agent, cannot recommend specific properties, else later police catch!

Regulators
16-07-13, 19:33
The biggest problem with you is you enjoy sidetracking from the main issue. After rattling for more than a hundred pages, nobody has heard about how u justify ur 474sqft $800k purchase as being a good value investment apart from JLD this and that. JLD or not, we want to know what ur projected selling price is when j gateway TOP n not hear about JLD having this hotel n that theme park blar blar blar. If u so confident about ur investment , why r u so scared to tell us how much u wish to make after four years of waiting? If u r clueless about how much ur unit can sell four years later n solely looking at rental yield, then it makes little sense to wait four years just to collect rent.

1) The date of your forum registration does not carry any weight on what you said, so please dont even try to impress anyone with that.

2) I am fully aware of your uncomfortable position because of what you said about Property 101 Best Street vs Worst Street, so it is understandable that you would like to talk about trumpet instead of property

3) During good time, dead fish also swim down stream, so please dont try to impress anyone why tell us that 4 years ago you said this and that.

heehee
For own stay? Whole family can't fit into 4xx sqft MM right & yet $1700 psf?
Why not Lakeholmz nearby, $9xx psf only!

Hi
just different mindset

Ringo33
You are talking so much rubbish here I don't know where to start.

No 1 - why do you think this is a social forum? Take a look at the forum name.
It's about investment in property, in Singapore. If you want to go sing happy sing-song go to EDMW forum of something like that. Here is for property talk & investment.

Plenty of us have made substantial investments. We have skin in the game and to listen to someone with none & no experience - whilst of course doesn't make your points automatically invalid, it does show you don't put your money where you mouth is. Either can't or won't. Very evasive.

You also don't get to dictate what people can or cannot talk about.
Or define what gets credit in the real world - although if you think anyones walking away from a debate here and think their peers are going to look up to them for putting up anonymous post on an anonymous internet forum..... how dumb do you think everyone is?

Sorry to disappoint - but I'm sure you are going to find people have different opinions and style form your own. Time to get over it & stop thinking everyone's going to behave exactly the way you want them to.
Not your personal forum buddy.

1) you need to re-read what best street , worst house means. I really can't help you. It's not a literal location - it's a metaphor that applies to investing in property & applies differently to different people and what they can/cannot afford. For me best street would be RV area - I'm not shy to admit I can't afford Ardmore Park without doing the whole all eggs one basket trick (pls tell me you at least understand this metaphor, if not at least pls google before asking me to give you a personalised explaination)

I can only ask you to read - I can't make you think.

Also please google "best house , worst street" - I didn't forge this doctrine.
A prime example of this would be Pacific mansion vs JG on launch.
Only problem there now is that the enbloc premium has been shoved in the price. So Pacific mansion in 2005 would have been a fantastic buy.
Great location, filled with hookers, good yield, if I didn't have kids I would have bought it in a minute - massive potential upside. Why?

JG 2013 - all upside just about baked in. Hard to move compared to surrounding property. Why?

2) the fishing village myth. Are you sure that is all that Singapore was 50 yrs ago? I have a big fat book on my coffee table showing raffles place in the early 20th century looking anything like a fishing village. You think raffles place was a swamp before all those shiney skyscrapers appeared?

3) Walk has been walked - homestead is nice 1600 sq ft 4bdr freehold in RV. Next door development is brand new and charges people a 30% premium for the privilege - what does it have extra? Can't be the location.

Again - after rereading your post - you clearly have no idea what the metaphor means so until you read other property sites that can explain it simply for you, there's absolutely no point continuing this.

Listen it's been real. I hope you get your 100% gain on the property you haven't bought (not sure how that's going to work) but I hope it all works out for you. You have obviously found a way to riches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=67988&postcount=10

1) I am glad that you are reminding us that this is a forum about investing in property, which mean we should be focusing on property investment discussion instead of going around asking if you own J Gateway or if you could afford anything? Or even to the extent of discussion who is more senior in this forum.

2) Now you are saying you cant explain what is Best and Worst Street and giving excuses like it is a common knowledge that everyone talk about?
Sorry leh, I am have been in this forum for about a year, I have never heard about people talking about Best and Worst Street in Singapore.

Could you give some example of what is consider as the best and worst street, and how each compare to each other in terms of capital appreciation and rental yield (this is property investment discussion, refer to point (1))

3) So best street is River Valley, which mean buying even the lousiest house or apartment at RV is better than buying the best house in the worst street.

So lets take Waterford Residence for example, its located in River Valley area, and compare it with say The Centris in the far flang of Jurong. So make it easier for reader to see, I have created 2 charts here, so by look at the price moving for each chart, do you want to guess which chart belongs to the Best Street and which belongs to the Worst Street?

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6638/fctr.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4839/i8ou.jpg

4) And now, please take a good look at these photos which were taken in the 60s and 70s, so please tell us if these photo looks like they are best or worst street?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2259/7pfz.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3599/3685155362_bb7b243a68.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2065335447_10da0eb19b.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6292/e4pn.jpg

Ringo33
16-07-13, 19:40
Dont let the misguided tell you that The Sail is only $200psf more expensive than J Gateway.

One accurate measurement is worth more than 1,000 foolish opinion

* Over the last 12 months, there were 22 units of 1 bedder at the sail transacted with the average size of 644sqft and this is about 30% larger than 1 bedder unit at J Gateway.

* The average psf for the sail 1 bedder units over the 12 months is $2200psf, with the highest at $2903psf, and lowest at $1900psf.

As you can see within the same development there is already a price disparity of $1000psf and this only reaffirm what I say about the importance of Marina Bay view.

* Average quantum for a 1 bedder unit at The Sail is $1.415m, which is around 75% more expensive than J Gateway average price for 1 bedder.

* In terms of rental, the average rent for 1 bedder unit at the sail over the last 12 months is around $4300 per month with highest going at $6000 per month and lowest at $3600 per month. (If you buy cheapest unit, this is the kind of rental you will get)

* So based on $4.3k average rental at $1.415m average 1 bedder quantum, the rental yield for the sail 1 bedder will be around 3.5%

DKSG
16-07-13, 19:45
The biggest problem with you is you enjoy sidetracking from the main issue. After rattling for more than a hundred pages, nobody has heard about how u justify ur 474sqft $800k purchase as being a good value investment apart from JLD this and that. JLD or not, we want to know what ur projected selling price is when j gateway TOP n not hear about JLD having this hotel n that theme park blar blar blar. If u so confident about ur investment , why r u so scared to tell us how much u wish to make after four years of waiting? If u r clueless about how much ur unit can sell four years later n solely looking at rental yield, then it makes little sense to wait four years just to collect rent.

I dont think there is a need to force this answer out.

Office Boy can count for you.

When buying for property investment, most investors use a hurdle of no less than 35% gross. So when someone is putting his money on the table for a PC at $800K, the person is looking at no less than $1.08 mil and that is the minimum ok ? I seldom come across people aiming for this minimum, mostly higher.

So in conclusion, Jurong buyers at $800K 474sqft $1,688 (huat!) psf, are looking at $1.08 mil, $2,278 (also Huat!) psf.

Whether that is reasonable or not, I think we leave it to the public to decide.

DKSG

Regulators
16-07-13, 19:51
If he was confident, he would hv said so. I think he is clueless when he signed on the dotted line, just hoping that the 700+ can make his decision right.
I dont think there is a need to force this answer out.

Office Boy can count for you.

When buying for property investment, most investors use a hurdle of no less than 35% gross. So when someone is putting his money on the table for a PC at $800K, the person is looking at no less than $1.08 mil and that is the minimum ok ? I seldom come across people aiming for this minimum, mostly higher.

So in conclusion, Jurong buyers at $800K 474sqft $1,688 (huat!) psf, are looking at $1.08 mil, $2,278 (also Huat!) psf.

Whether that is reasonable or not, I think we leave it to the public to decide.

DKSG

Ringo33
16-07-13, 20:02

If you could justify buying Waterford Residence and MK88 as good investment, then there is really no need to justify anything, so why are you wasting our time with your repetitive nonsense?

Oh I didnt say Caspian buyer should buy at launch price?
Oh I just cast a vote for myself for being smart

DKSG
16-07-13, 20:02
If he was confident, he would hv said so. I think he is clueless when he signed on the dotted line, just hoping that the 700+ can make his decision right.

OMG! The more we discuss, the more Office Boy feel compelled to buy a unit at The Sail at $2,0xx psf!!!
DKSG

lajia
16-07-13, 20:03
Don't be silly la, who can be so sure what will happen in 4 yrs time...

lajia
16-07-13, 20:05
No need to think bro, I already said, tell me your 20xx psf and I will go view and ok, will buy...:D

No doubt, if I get this price, I will have more confident...

OMG! The more we discuss, the more Office Boy feel compelled to buy a unit at The Sail at $2,0xx psf!!!
DKSG

Ringo33
16-07-13, 20:05
DKSG
Talking is free actually, you should consider it.

Actually what does buying The Sail has got anything to do with J Gateway or West Region property?

And btw, since you completely agreed to EBD about property 101, I am just wondering if you could spare some time to explain what is Worst and Best Street in Singapore?

Simi
16-07-13, 20:12
For own stay? Whole family can't fit into 4xx sqft MM right & yet $1700 psf?
Why not Lakeholmz nearby, $9xx psf only!

How to stay with family in a 4xx sq ft ?

It would be for Investment if ever will buy and 2 rooms at least

(anyway not all the 474 sq ft are going for 1700psf)

Regulators
16-07-13, 20:33
I do not even think u r in the league to invest in ccr to criticise those buying ccr. I do not think u can even afford waterford in the next ten years of ur working life. Simply ask 1000 people on the streets would they associate a freehold pty in district 9 as having more prestige n long term value than a 99yr pty in jurong n the answer is so plain obvious. U don't need to be a Harvard investment guru to know that.
If you could justify buying Waterford Residence and MK88 as good investment, then there is really no need to justify anything, so why are you wasting our time with your repetitive nonsense?

Oh I didnt say Caspian buyer should buy at launch price?
Oh I just cast a vote for myself for being smart

DKSG
16-07-13, 20:38
If you could justify buying Waterford Residence and MK88 as good investment, then there is really no need to justify anything, so why are you wasting out time reading your repetitive nonsense?

I think the discussion is skewed.

The statement we are trying to make here is : There are many many many many many more more more more more investments more worthwhile than Jurong at $1,700 psf. And The Sail is just one of them.

Of course we have to admit there are a teeny weeny number of properties that are as unworthy as the Jurong PC.

Eg. Ascentia Sky at $1,700 is more worthwhile buying that Jurong at $1,700. (though u confirm want to argue that Ascentia Sky dont have studio units ?!) or they selling for $1,900. But all these are besides the point! The point is pay a bit more to move to Redhill MRT is confirm a better deal!

DKSG

DKSG
16-07-13, 20:39
I do not even think u r in the league to invest in ccr to criticise those buying ccr. I do not think u can even afford waterford in the next ten years of ur working life. Simply ask 1000 people on the streets would they associate a freehold pty in district 9 as having more prestige n long term value than a 99yr pty in jurong n the answer is so plain obvious. U don't need to be a Harvard investment guru to know that.

Friend!

Why dont you stay a vote for $2,100 psf The Sail OR $1,700 psf Jurong, brand new, havent TOP, superb view, fresh air ?

Haha!

DKSG

mrtcard
16-07-13, 20:44
By the way which area and what properties are the worst investment?

Regulators
16-07-13, 20:49
I agree that if j gateway selling at 1700, then the sail at 2100 is grossly undervalued. It is for the simple fact that the sail was already selling at past 2000 when jurong was hovering between 500-6xxpsf.

Friend!

Why dont you stay a vote for $2,100 psf The Sail OR $1,700 psf Jurong, brand new, havent TOP, superb view, fresh air ?

Haha!

DKSG

teddybear
16-07-13, 21:00
The Sail is just an example. There are still some good value out there at $20xx psf in core D9 (for you to go find out)! Don't wait because they are unlikely to be around soon as the boat is leaving.......

No need to think bro, I already said, tell me your 20xx psf and I will go view and ok, will buy...:D

Simi
16-07-13, 21:05

The statement we are trying to make here is : There are many many many many many more more more more more investments more worthwhile than Jurong at $1,700 psf. And The Sail is just one of them.

Of course we have to admit there are a teeny weeny number of properties that are as unworthy as the Jurong PC.

Eg. Ascentia Sky at $1,700 is more worthwhile buying that Jurong at $1,700. (though u confirm want to argue that Ascentia Sky dont have studio units ?!) or they selling for $1,900. But all these are besides the point! The point is pay a bit more to move to Redhill MRT is confirm a better deal!

DKSG

think the discussion is skewed to those who supported The Sail at 2000psf

The debaters here know very well that 1700psf is the highest transacted
so by right you should also use the highest psf transacted at The Sail.

Why use 2000psf ? this comparison is rather unfair

then came the justification that you
rather have the Worst unit in the Best Street

then why not have the Best unit in the worst street ?

Argument :
When you have the worst unit in the Best Street...you remain to be the WORST even if the street get better and when you are in the Best street
the improvement is rather Limited

When you are have the Best unit in the worst street
the street can only get better and when that happen, your unit can only be even better

So why buy something that is already the best when the improvement will be limited ?

Then came the argument that at 2000psf it is a good investment

I would perceived it means that not only a good rental yield, the property itself will also appreciate in value

Then why not J Gateway also appreciate in value ?

So if your argument is that the developer had already factored in the intrinsic value and the buyers are stupid

Then my argument will be the Seller at The Sail are equally stupid to sell theirs at 2000psf to you and you may be equally stupid too to buy because the price was at 900psf when first launched

So all in all

All are stupid people (buyers of J Gateway and sellers of The Sail)except those who posted against the future growth potential J Gateway....happy ?

Simi
16-07-13, 21:21

I would rather not buy

if want to then will choose the Best unit even if it at 2900psf

Argument
why choose the worst in the Best Street ?

If can afford then be the Best Unit in the Best Street

Xan
16-07-13, 21:25
DKSG

Damn, I should not hv brought this up in the first place. Now got competitors already. :D
Now I understand why bro lajia keep getting rejected calls from the sails seller.
Maybe they saw this forum and regret pricing it so low? :D

lionhill
16-07-13, 21:29
Damn, I should not hv brought this up in the first place. Now got competitors already. :D
If you all buy CCR instead of talking and talking, CCR will surely cheong!!!

Xan
16-07-13, 21:32

Your R33 talk the most. Look at the stupid thread he has started.

Pro888
16-07-13, 21:35

Not so fast. Have to wait for the next Regional ctr to develop - Woodlands. Argument will repeat. Then Seletar sub-ctr -> Punggol sub-ctr. Wa-piang, sg so small got so many business ctrs.

teddybear
16-07-13, 21:57
Wow! You so clever! Otherwise how to sell all these sub-places at close to CCR-price? It is exactly the same ploy in Malaysia JB! :D

Not so fast. Have to wait for the next Regional ctr to develop - Woodlands. Argument will repeat. Then Seletar sub-ctr -> Punggol sub-ctr. Wa-piang, sg so small got so many business ctrs.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 22:09

DKSG
Skewed?

Lets see,

1) You are cherry picking the high transacted price of a MICKEY MOUSE unit that is less than 500psf at J Gateway to use that as a basis to say JG is over priced

2) You then cherry pick the lowest price of a 11 year old The Sail project at $2000psf and use that as a basis to support your argument that J Gateway is overpriced, without mentioning that

a) The highest price for 1 bedder at the sail was around $3400psf and in April a unit was sold at $2900psf. 900psf or 45% higher than $2000psf.

b) You didnt mention that The Sail has got no MM apartment that is smaller than 500sqft as the average size of 1 bedder at the sail is around 644sqft or 30% bigger than the equivalent 1 bedder at the Sale.

c) The average quantum of The Sail is 1.4m vs say 800K at J Gatewat. 75% more expensive

3) Now you are pulling out Ascentia Sky as comparison when we all know that the smallest size for this recent TOP project is around 947sqft or double the size of 1 bedder at J Gateway.

4) While talking about Ascentia Sky, you conveniently ignore to mention about the $2400psf price at Echelon which is right next to Ascentia Sky?

Honestly if your intention is to try to talk down western property, you have done a terrible job and unknowingly unveiling your short sightedness and your tendency of sugar coating and manipulation data.

I am so glad that you are giving me this opportunity to expose this Office Crook who is going around telling lies.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 22:23
Now I understand why bro lajia keep getting rejected calls from the sails seller.
Maybe they saw this forum and regret pricing it so low? :D

Please dont come to this forum and big talk like we dont know the one who make the most noise in this forum are usually the empty vessel.

Competition? More like exposing all your lies about The Sail.

While you are at it, did you not realize that neighboring Marina Bay Residence are selling above $3000psf, so why do you need to bring yourself so low and poor to use J Gateway to justify buying The Sail?

Are you thinking that people living in the west and buyer of J Gateway have never buy property in CCR?

DaytonaSS
16-07-13, 22:24

Enjoy!

bro EBD how much are you keeping aside for the next one. I too am putting aside all big purchases to have more than enough to ride the next wave. Am asking for your personal opinoin.

lajia
16-07-13, 22:24
u are right....i will not buy the worst unit. :D
they can't even show me a 1 bedder 20xxpsf unit available for The Sail.....i will view first of course. and besides, i not interested in orchard road. what's the point of staying in orchard besides telling ppl u are rich? dont think anyone with a healthy mind would want to do that...

I would rather not buy

if want to then will choose the Best unit even if it at 2900psf

Argument
why choose the worst in the Best Street ?

If can afford then be the Best Unit in the Best Street

DaytonaSS
16-07-13, 22:42

DKSG

yes office boy, bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. counting chicks before they hatch often results in disappointment.

Jurong psf will go up in future, not because the residents are rich, but because "honey i shrink the kids". Jurong psf will go up, but i hope it doesnt become a mini HK. 400sqft MM or 3 bedder 800+ sqft as a proper living space for a HDB upgrade is a downgrade in my opinion.

In conclusion, psf is a distortion of property measurement now. Report in news recently, hk 1 bedder "dog space" is much higher than prime luxury estate.

Xan
16-07-13, 22:46
Please dont come to this forum and big talk like we dont know the one who make the most noise in this forum are usually the empty vessel.

Competition? More like exposing all your lies about The Sail.

While you are at it, did you not realize that neighboring Marina Bay Residence are selling above $3000psf, so why do you need to bring yourself so low and poor to use J Gateway to justify buying The Sail?

Are you thinking that people living in the west and buyer of J Gateway have never buy property in CCR?

What lie? Still refuse to accept a 1 bedder at the sail transacting at near 2kpsf is much more worthwhile compare to a mm in J at 1.7kpsf? One at marina and one at jurong, hey stop creating smoke screen or whatever crap like worst units in best streets lah. U only put yourself in more humiliation.
The address betw the two already suggest many shades of difference.
What is your projected cap gain for a mm unit at J? just say lah, I promise I won't laugh.

Still not happy? We got more examples,
Top up a bit more, you get espada near orchard. FH somemore (Under 1 mil quantum). Not a supporter of espada though. Still Many shades better than your mm at J right?
Why? Still got face to argue? Yes I know u will never give up.
Besides accusing others of sprouting nonsense, i think u r the biggest joke in this thread. Not a single minute I never see u bickering with others.
Ok la, u the best, others all wrong.

danguard
16-07-13, 22:48
Skewed?

Lets see,

1) You are cherry picking the high transacted price of a MICKEY MOUSE unit that is less than 500psf at J Gateway to use that as a basis to say JG is over priced

2) You then cherry pick the lowest price of a 11 year old The Sail project at $2000psf and use that as a basis to support your argument that J Gateway is overpriced, without mentioning that

a) The highest price for 1 bedder at the sail was around $3400psf and in April a unit was sold at $2900psf. 900psf or 45% higher than $2000psf.

b) You didnt mention that The Sail has got no MM apartment that is smaller than 500sqft as the average size of 1 bedder at the sail is around 644sqft or 30% bigger than the equivalent 1 bedder at the Sale.

c) The average quantum of The Sail is 1.4m vs say 800K at J Gatewat. 75% more expensive

3) Now you are pulling out Ascentia Sky as comparison when we all know that the smallest size for this recent TOP project is around 947sqft or double the size of 1 bedder at J Gateway.

4) While talking about Ascentia Sky, you conveniently ignore to mention about the $2400psf price at Echelon which is right next to Ascentia Sky?

Honestly if your intention is to try to talk down western property, you have done a terrible job and unknowingly unveiling your short sightedness and your tendency of sugar coating and manipulation data.

I am so glad that you are giving me this opportunity to expose this Office Crook who is going around telling lies.

I am not being biased here but I think your above quoted comment is just slanted at too much of a personal attack. I do not know DKSG on a personal level but I do have to say that some of his comments made here has been insightful and has at least provoked me to think deeper.

He might not be 100 percent correct. But I am sure u would also acknowledge that yours might not be either. Surely there is some way to part ways amicably and just agree to disagree.

I do understand your desire to defend your points and some of them are admirably very well substantively supported. And u would like to continue enjoying your healthy debate here but I would be sad to see that its becoming a bit different as of late.

Please do not take this the wrong way. Relax man

Allthepies
16-07-13, 22:49
Im still waiting for my 4 bedders Ardmore Park, 2800sqft =) 8 to 10mil man...

This is what I called luxury....:D:D:D:D

Ringo33
16-07-13, 22:50
It if funny why people here are putting the heat on J Gateway and calling J Gateway buyer as stupid etc, when project like Echelon which is selling the same MM unit at $2400psf, and Robertson 2900psf, MBR selling above $3500psf.

As I said again, what we are seeing today is the first wave of JLD, the next wave will come in 2014.