PDA

View Full Version : Sky Habitat - Bishan

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Lovelle
29-03-12, 10:07
You guys seem to have missed out that Potong Pasir is freehold land?

Pricing this at $1.6-1.7kpsf will only make potong pasir <2mins walk to MRT, 8 mins to Orchard, Freehold piece looks VERY CHEAP!!!

of course ppl will argue that PP only have NEX which is darn far from PP.

Wild Falcon
29-03-12, 10:09
And I actually prefer the vibe at Potong Pasir than Bishan. Bishan no matter what, people will know its an area without any freehold land - at best a 99LH HDB or low-end 99LH condo. The area near Bishan MRT doesn't have any character. Its not countryside or laidback, neither is it very heartland like Ang Mo Kio. Just nothing other than MRT station with Junction 8. And RI is a secondary school that admit students by PSLE results. No need to be within 1km. But then the Bishan HDB dwellers while don't earn the most (btw, the richest HDB dwellers based on income tax filings are apparently in Punggol and Jurong West), are the most willing to pay an arm and leg for property.

You guys seem to have missed out that Potong Pasir is freehold land?

Pricing this at $1.6-1.7kpsf will only make potong pasir <2mins walk to MRT, 8 mins to Orchard, Freehold piece looks VERY CHEAP!!!

Eldenfirefly
29-03-12, 10:11
Wah, if they launch this at 1700 psf to 1800 psf, then in Comparision, Clover by the Park quite cheap. Near Park, near amenities, just 2 bus stop away only, but selling at 1000 to 1100 psf only. :)

Lovelle
29-03-12, 10:17
Wah, if they launch this at 1700 psf to 1800 psf, then in Comparision, Clover by the Park quite cheap. Near Park, near amenities, just 2 bus stop away only, but selling at 1000 to 1100 psf only. :)

everything cheap from outside CCR, only to be matched by lavendar 2 stars and even top Tiong Bahru stars condos

Laguna
29-03-12, 10:23
LOL, I finally conclude that I cannot afford to buy properties in Singapore anymore.

HK up 5% this month...Sg will follow very soon

chiaberry
29-03-12, 10:28
LOL, I finally conclude that I cannot afford to buy properties in Singapore anymore.

HK up 5% this month...Sg will follow very soon

LOL I think you have accumulated enough assets in SG, no need to buy anymore here...just collect rent can liao.

I also surrender. No point buying with ABSD.

Juniper
29-03-12, 10:39

most likely they will price it high and offer big discount. 10-15% is expected.

Noexit
29-03-12, 10:41
but mostly will be expected in min 1600spf to 1800spf .bedok rersidence already selling so high
most likely they will price it high and offer big discount. 10-15% is expected.

minority
29-03-12, 10:43
Capital land shares drop today... hmmmmm

price
29-03-12, 10:43
of course ppl will argue that PP only have NEX which is darn far from PP.
Darn far? then u want everything at ur door step ah?

Wait a few more years then buy PP lor. When the 24 storey mixed development is announced (behind Exit C PP MRT) prices will never be this "cheap" for the FH land again.

price
29-03-12, 10:44
And I actually prefer the vibe at Potong Pasir than Bishan. Bishan no matter what, people will know its an area without any freehold land - at best a 99LH HDB or low-end 99LH condo. The area near Bishan MRT doesn't have any character. Its not countryside or laidback, neither is it very heartland like Ang Mo Kio. Just nothing other than MRT station with Junction 8. And RI is a secondary school that admit students by PSLE results. No need to be within 1km. But then the Bishan HDB dwellers while don't earn the most (btw, the richest HDB dwellers based on income tax filings are apparently in Punggol and Jurong West), are the most willing to pay an arm and leg for property.
Because the youngest Gen Y couples are all moved into Punggol due to the recent years of BTO launches ma.

price
29-03-12, 10:46
Capital land shares drop today... hmmmmm
Among all the REITS they been the worst performing. havent u noticed?

minority
29-03-12, 10:50

yes.. stick to suntec better. so far I am not impress with CapitalLand performance.

FEO should list their margin must be fantastic!

Juniper
29-03-12, 10:50
but mostly will be expected in min 1600spf to 1800spf .bedok rersidence already selling so high

With Liew Mun Leong at the helm of capl, sure its possible.

Ilikeu
29-03-12, 10:59

Is capitaland a REIT?

price
29-03-12, 11:15
Is capitaland a REIT?
:scared-1: :scared-1:

CapitaCommercial Trust (CCT) is Singapore's first listed commercial REIT.

You been paying income tax for nothing!

lufu
29-03-12, 12:02
Reading the papers today. Their strategy is basically to present a sky high price for their sky habitat create some hype and talking point. during launch, they will drop it to 1500 psf or so and people would somehow think it's a more reasonable deal and start snapping it up.

Simple yet effective marketing strategy.

price
29-03-12, 12:03
Reading the papers today. Their strategy is basically to present a sky high price for their sky habitat create some hype and talking point. during launch, they will drop it to 1500 psf or so and people would somehow think it's a more reasonable deal and start snapping it up.

They can't exactly price at 1.5kpsf. will be making marginal profits

Ilikeu
29-03-12, 12:07
:scared-1: :scared-1:

CapitaCommercial Trust (CCT) is Singapore's first listed commercial REIT.

You been paying income tax for nothing!

There are subsidiaries of Capitaland that are listed as REITS but not Capitaland per se.

ysyap
29-03-12, 12:30
And I actually prefer the vibe at Potong Pasir than Bishan. Bishan no matter what, people will know its an area without any freehold land - at best a 99LH HDB or low-end 99LH condo. The area near Bishan MRT doesn't have any character. Its not countryside or laidback, neither is it very heartland like Ang Mo Kio. Just nothing other than MRT station with Junction 8. And RI is a secondary school that admit students by PSLE results. No need to be within 1km. But then the Bishan HDB dwellers while don't earn the most (btw, the richest HDB dwellers based on income tax filings are apparently in Punggol and Jurong West), are the most willing to pay an arm and leg for property.Just hope that Potong Pasir will be done up. The entire estate looked v old, other than the new condos in that area... sigh! :)

amk
29-03-12, 13:45
...But then the Bishan HDB dwellers while don't earn the most, are the most willing to pay an arm and leg for property.
where did you get that information from ?? Or are you just simply preparing yourself for the (seemingly unlikely) scenario this one actually sells ?

price
29-03-12, 14:02
Just hope that Potong Pasir will be done up. The entire estate looked v old, other than the new condos in that area... sigh! :)

My :2cents: is that Sitoh will have to announce something within these few years before the next GE. Don't think he wants another marginal win

insigina
29-03-12, 14:28
My :2cents: is that Sitoh will have to announce something within these few years before the next GE. Don't think he wants another marginal win

No need lah. Absorb into a GRC.

price
29-03-12, 14:33

TPY didnt do very well too leh:tsk-tsk:

Ilikeu
29-03-12, 14:33

big risk, MIW may lose the GRC.

amk
29-03-12, 14:36

yes and yes... except that I think the final number should still be 1600 upwards...

insigina
29-03-12, 14:53
TPY didnt do very well too leh:tsk-tsk:

The eastern side seem to have its own dynamics. Maybe all the massive land sales lately is to address the "imbalance'?

price
29-03-12, 15:01
The eastern side seem to have its own dynamics. Maybe all the massive land sales lately is to address the "imbalance'?

Eastern side? i don't get it. I think if they wanna merge it into a GRC they cant merge with Hougang, or Aljunied so theres only TPY or Marine Parade
(part of serangoon belongs to MP)?

insigina
29-03-12, 15:09
Eastern side? i don't get it. I think if they wanna merge it into a GRC they cant merge with Hougang, or Aljunied so theres only TPY or Marine Parade
(part of serangoon belongs to MP)?

Last GE, the MIW share of votes from the east side fared worse than other regions. PP will not merge with Hougang or Aljunied but maybe AMK? Serangoon now is mostly Aljunied.

price
29-03-12, 15:13
Last GE, the MIW share of votes from the east side fared worse than other regions. PP will not merge with Hougang or Aljunied but maybe AMK? Serangoon now is mostly Aljunied.

how they draw and skip TPY in between?

Wild Falcon
29-03-12, 15:21
Read the news and stats not too long ago. HDB estates by household income.

#1 Punggol
#2 Pasir Ris
#3 Jurong West
#4 Clementi (this one not sure - but one of the top)

where did you get that information from ?? Or are you just simply preparing yourself for the (seemingly unlikely) scenario this one actually sells ?

insigina
29-03-12, 15:22

Like how Serangoon became MP before?

Wild Falcon
29-03-12, 15:24
Just need workers party to infiltrate other parts of SG.

price
29-03-12, 15:34
Like how Serangoon became MP before?

That will be good news for Potong Pasir right? AMK so strong :scared-4:

amk
29-03-12, 15:35

not about the income, but about this statement about "Bishan HDB people" :

But then the Bishan HDB dwellers while ... are the most willing to pay an arm and leg for property
when u say something like this it seems to me u already concluded "Bishan HDB ppl" will still buy this. is this not the case ?

hyenergix
29-03-12, 15:37

#1 Punggol
#2 Pasir Ris
#3 Jurong West

A lot of young working couples in these estates. It might be more difficult but more accurate to measure household wealth instead.

Ilikeu
29-03-12, 16:15

TPY may be a one-term MP. or maybe MIW will give her two terms so that she gets her pension, and then she's out.

Juniper
29-03-12, 16:26

#1 Punggol
#2 Pasir Ris
#3 Jurong West

Did they mention anything about household debt?

minority
29-03-12, 17:55
A lot of young working couples in these estates. It might be more difficult but more accurate to measure household wealth instead.

Sell bishan move to sembawang

rymccondo77
29-03-12, 20:31
This website shows the site plan and sample floor plans for Sky Habitat:

http://www.skyhabitat-bishan.sg/floor_plans.html

bargain hunter
29-03-12, 20:52
if 1700psf, 2m for 3 bedder and 3m for 4 bedder, sure or not? :D

hyenergix
29-03-12, 21:10
It is not very efficiently designed. 635 sqft can only fit 1+1 here. Same area can be used to fit a 3 bedder elsewhere. If $1700 psf is true, then it will be $1 mil.

chiaberry
29-03-12, 21:11
As an investment, I don't think it's workable at those prices. Who would pay upwards of 5K a monh to rent a 3-bedder in Bishan? That's assuming a gross yield of 3% on a 2mill 3-bedder. :confused:

ysyap
29-03-12, 21:15
TPY didnt do very well too leh:tsk-tsk:Do not worry lah... from past experiences, the boundaries can be drawn anyway they want to. No problem... can even connect Potong Pasir to Chinatown if the need is there... Lol! :scared-5:

Komo
29-03-12, 21:22
bet developer will maintain price at 1.7-1.8k psf. nowadays 2 to over 4 mil for a unit is getting common.:D

hyenergix
29-03-12, 21:25
bet developer will maintain price at 1.7-1.8k psf. nowadays 2 to over 4 mil for a unit is getting common.:D

Capland under-priced Bedok Residences but may over-price this one.

land118
29-03-12, 21:27
Good publicity in today's papers..., better than full page colors ad...:scared-4:

http://property.st701.com/resources/articles/property/singapore-property-news/will-bishans-sky-habitat-shatter-price-ceiling/a/57958

Will Bishan's Sky Habitat shatter price ceiling?

The Straits Times - March 29, 2012
By: Esther Teo

An artist impression of Sky Habitat at Bishan Street 14. -- PHOTO: CAPITALAND
A NEW Bishan project expected to be launched in the middle of next month could turn out to be the priciest suburban condominium ever to hit the market.

The Straits Times understands that the indicative average prices for CapitaLand's Sky Habitat at Bishan Street 14 are between $1,700 and $1,800 per sq ft (psf).

But these were only the preliminary prices that marketing agents received yesterday. They could well go higher - or lower - depending on buyer interest as the target launch date of mid-next month nears.

Even at these early indicative levels, the condo will set benchmark prices for the Bishan Central area and suburban projects across the island.

The $1,700 to $1,800 psf range is also well up from initial market expectations of a launch price of about $1,500 psf. CapitaLand earlier estimated the project's breakeven cost to be about $1,300 psf.

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's research and consultancy head, said the CapitaLand project's proximity to Bishan MRT interchange, the Junction 8 mall and popular schools such as Raffles Institution might have supported the higher-than-expected pricing.

Another potential selling point is that renowned Israeli architect Moshe Safdie, who drew up the Marina Bay Sands integrated resort, will be designing the project.

But an industry player, who declined to be named, said it would be 'a tough sell' for the 99-year leasehold Sky Habitat to be sold at $1,700 to $1,800 psf.

He pointed out that CapitaLand's d'Leedon on the former Farrer Court estate is selling for about $1,680 psf. The city fringe project is also helmed by a star architect - Ms Zaha Hadid - he said.

Sky Habitat will have 509 units across two 38-storey towers linked by bridging sky gardens. Units will range from 680 to 3,000 sq ft.

Experts said that if CapitaLand keeps to its pricing, Sky Habitat will be on a par with prime condos.

They did also note that developers often adjust indicative prices in line with market sentiment closer to the launch date.

Another 99-year leasehold project, Cheung Kong's Thomson Grand in Upper Thomson, set tongues wagging when some of its apartments were sold for about $1,600 psf when it previewed last July.

And in fact, units in completed condos in the prime areas of districts 9, 10 and 11 can be bought for less than that in the resale market.

Units have been sold at Spring Grove in Grange Road since the start of last year from between $1,400 and $1,600 psf. Some condo apartments in the River Valley area, including Aspen Heights and 2 RVG, were recently sold for about $1,600 psf or less.

SKY-HIGH PRICES

Sky Habitat

Where: Bishan

Indicative price: $1,700 psf

Thomson Grand

Where: Upper Thomson

Top price: Around $1,600 psf

Spring Grove

Where: Grange Road

Average price: $1,500 psf

Aspen Heights

Where: River Valley

Average price: $1,600 psf

insigina
29-03-12, 21:27
As an investment, I don't think it's workable at those prices. Who would pay upwards of 5K a monh to rent a 3-bedder in Bishan? That's assuming a gross yield of 3% on a 2mill 3-bedder. :confused:

That's why the 1 bedder and 1+1 are not really hot, according to agents collecting checks.

chiaberry
29-03-12, 21:29

This is a boost to TG and all other condos around that area. But I seriously don't think the potential rental returns can justify the price.

DaytonaSS
29-03-12, 21:31
It is not very efficiently designed. 635 sqft can only fit 1+1 here. Same area can be used to fit a 3 bedder elsewhere. If $1700 psf is true, then it will be $1 mil.

Bro hyenergix, seriously 635sqft for 3 bedder is not call efficient. I don't even think it's a upgrade of lifestyle. Any smaller no different than living in a cell. Pple are going crazy just wanting to let pple know they live in a condo and owning a condo address.

Very soon developers might as well build cages in condo n sell. So affordable n efficient. Some more can hang cloths on the steel wire.

chiaberry
29-03-12, 21:34
That's why the 1 bedder and 1+1 are not really hot, according to agents collecting checks.

The design of the smaller units also sucks. You have to walk through the kitchen/dining area to get to the rest of the living and bedroom(s). There are better layouts for the floor area in other developments and doesn't need a super duper highly-paid architect to do it. It's only the outside that's somewhat iconic I have to admit but inside the layout is below average standard. That's my opinion. The staggered arrangement of the balconies also means you are at the mercy of your neighbour on top for not dropping rubbish into your balcony. If there's a smoker upstairs....too bad, you will have to sweep up cigarette butts. Or worse if there's PRCs upstairs with the spitting habit....you know what I mean. :scared-1:

hyenergix
29-03-12, 21:42
Bro hyenergix, seriously 635sqft for 3 bedder is not call efficient. I don't even think it's a upgrade of lifestyle. Any smaller no different than living in a cell. Pple are going crazy just wanting to let pple know they live in a condo and owning a condo address.

Very soon developers might as well build cages in condo n sell. So affordable n efficient. Some more can hang cloths on the steel wire.

It is more practical to buy a 3 bedder at $1mil as young families who want a condo may not need all the spaces. Why would I spend $1mil for a 99LH condo in Bishan that can only fit 1 couple? I might as well add a little bit more for a 1 bedder FH in the city center. A couple who dares to splurge $1mil on a 1 bedder would want a more hip address. Very poor marketing team in Capland.

kal
29-03-12, 21:51
now hype up SH at 1700-1800psf, then preview absorb stamp duty...bla bla bla become 1500-1700psf then everybody feel cheap cheap chiong uhh..

good tactic?

btw, Watertown now selling 1400psf, SH if 1500-1600psf can justify?

hyenergix
29-03-12, 22:01
Bedok Residences is integrated mall and MRT, one level up than this. Hopefully it is really not so expensive.

Komo
29-03-12, 22:24
This is a boost to TG and all other condos around that area. But I seriously don't think the potential rental returns can justify the price.

this one is not about renting out...it's about owning one:D :D
now the 4-5mil landed house at TG looks like a steal:D :D

bigapplefan
29-03-12, 22:26

May i know what is TG?

Komo
29-03-12, 22:29
May i know what is TG?
Thomson Grand lah...landed all sold out liao if you're looking for one:D

bigapplefan
29-03-12, 22:40
Thomson Grand lah...landed all sold out liao if you're looking for one:D
Oh okay.. :) thanks

bargain hunter
29-03-12, 22:57
landed homes within TG? there are 20 caveats for 5000+ sq ft units transacted at between $3,323,400 to $3,686,300. Only 2 caveats are lodged for 6000+ sq ft units at $4,106,500 and $4,393,000.

kane
29-03-12, 23:29
landed homes within TG? there are 20 caveats for 5000+ sq ft units transacted at between $3,323,400 to $3,686,300. Only 2 caveats are lodged for 6000+ sq ft units at $4,106,500 and $4,393,000.

that's the price of a freehold landed of good size...

DaytonaSS
30-03-12, 02:19
It is more practical to buy a 3 bedder at $1mil as young families who want a condo may not need all the spaces. Why would I spend $1mil for a 99LH condo in Bishan that can only fit 1 couple? I might as well add a little bit more for a 1 bedder FH in the city center. A couple who dares to splurge $1mil on a 1 bedder would want a more hip address. Very poor marketing team in Capland.

bro hyergix my point is, how can 700sqft be efficient for a 3 bedder? got space for a small study table in room after putting in a normal bed? got store room in house to keep stuff? got a common sense yard to dry cloths/washing machine/ dryer. can put a normal sofa in the living room where a family can all sit together? Or even a slighter bigger dinning table for 6 person to sit? The worst one, can one bend over to wash face at the basin with knocking the forehead on the toilet cabinet? just try that one the so call efficient layout on the next showflat u visit. The toilet door might even open next to the "crown"

not discussing abt FH vs LH or even price.

a small family may not need alot of space, but 3 bedder room on 700sqft doesnt deserve being call efficient... its really push boundries of livable space.

not starting a war, but i just find it strange pple willing to upgrade to 700sqft 3 bedroom condo when obviously any HDB flat can do better in providing a comfortable living space.

chiaberry
30-03-12, 06:47

If I want some place for own stay, I will not buy this. I will buy a FH of bigger size. Even if it's in an old building. Space will be a luxury in the future.......looking at 10/20 years down the road.

chiaberry
30-03-12, 06:49
that's the price of a freehold landed of good size...

But foreigners can buy the house at TG not a freehold landed. Those foreigners who did buy at or near the launch should be patting themselves on the back. Did not have to pay ABSD.

lufu
30-03-12, 07:22
May i know what is TG?

this one.
www.thomsongrand.com.sg/

because it's the most recent launch close to Sky Habitat few Kms away.

lufu
30-03-12, 07:25

has to be foreigners. Which Singaporean would pay this sort of price :banghead:

hyenergix
30-03-12, 07:47
bro hyergix my point is, how can 700sqft be efficient for a 3 bedder? got space for a small study table in room after putting in a normal bed? got store room in house to keep stuff? got a common sense yard to dry cloths/washing machine/ dryer. can put a normal sofa in the living room where a family can all sit together? Or even a slighter bigger dinning table for 6 person to sit? The worst one, can one bend over to wash face at the basin with knocking the forehead on the toilet cabinet? just try that one the so call efficient layout on the next showflat u visit. The toilet door might even open next to the "crown"

not discussing abt FH vs LH or even price.

a small family may not need alot of space, but 3 bedder room on 700sqft doesnt deserve being call efficient... its really push boundries of livable space.

not starting a war, but i just find it strange pple willing to upgrade to 700sqft 3 bedroom condo when obviously any HDB flat can do better in providing a comfortable living space.

It's fine. We are testing the limits of a hypothetical 3 bedroom size at that location.

I will pay $1 mil for that location for a 3 bedder, even if the rooms are small but I will not do that for a 1+1 bedder. Reason being the same area can provide more privacy for 4 individuals in the 3 bedder, whereas a 1+1 can only fit 2 individuals.

HDB to a condo near MRT and mall is an upgrade in life-style to me, simply because it is a status upgrade and I can get to use the facilities and enjoy the additional security.

Lovelle
30-03-12, 07:54
all the owners of RCR condos, Huat ah huat ah ...

ysyap
30-03-12, 07:55
Take the $2.5mil to buy a semi-D or corner terrace FH also shiok shiok... :cheers6:

ysyap
30-03-12, 07:56
all the owners of RCR condos, Huat ah huat ah ...This RCR project will drag even the neighboring OCR prices upwards too! :o All Huat ah! CCR?

Lovelle
30-03-12, 08:00
This RCR project will drag even the neighboring OCR prices upwards too! :o All Huat ah! CCR?

still many bishan condos owner are asking 1000psf and sold below 1000psf....wahahaha...

Allthepies
30-03-12, 08:17
TPY may be a one-term MP. or maybe MIW will give her two terms so that she gets her pension, and then she's out.
no more pension liao bro:)

kane
30-03-12, 08:24
But foreigners can buy the house at TG not a freehold landed. Those foreigners who did buy at or near the launch should be patting themselves on the back. Did not have to pay ABSD.

That's the only reason why they can sell at those prices.

Newspaper do free publicity for sky habitat to drum up awareness...

fclim
30-03-12, 08:29
The trend has been psf high, but quantum low. This one psf high, quantum high. If it manages to sell well, it means Singaporeans have deep deep pockets, cos those who buy this are only the tip of the iceberg.

chiaberry
30-03-12, 08:31
I do not think you can buy a decent condition freehold landed in that location for that price. Even the "original condition" ones are asking a lot. Remember this is within 1 km to Ai Tong School yet not so near to the huge temple to be uncomfortable. And it is an easy stroll/jog/cycle ride to Bishan Park/Lower Pierce Reservoir. Sure have no problem getting tenants with families. They like that kind of ambience to be near to park/greenery.

chiaberry
30-03-12, 08:33
The trend has been psf high, but quantum low. This one psf high, quantum high. If it manages to sell well, it means Singaporeans have deep deep pockets, cos those who buy this are only the tip of the iceberg.

I think Capland marketing is drumming up a frenzy abt the high psf. Then when launched will be many discounts that bring the price down realistically.

But I agree the upward psf trend benefits RCR/Bishan condo owners.

devilplate
30-03-12, 08:36
this project suxxxxxxxxxxx

the siteplan looks so plain and boring.....the layout so inefficient

dun even want to tok abt the px.....buyers shall repent 10-15yrs like bishan 8?

only facade got abit designer feel

this project making TG a steal.....

kane
30-03-12, 08:37
I do not think you can buy a decent condition freehold landed in that location for that price. Even the "original condition" ones are asking a lot. Remember this is within 1 km to Ai Tong School yet not so near to the huge temple to be uncomfortable. And it is an easy stroll/jog/cycle ride to Bishan Park/Lower Pierce Reservoir. Sure have no problem getting tenants with families. They like that kind of ambience to be near to park/greenery.

Jln tamburs semi ds, the one just next door, are around those prices no?

kane
30-03-12, 08:39

And interlace, and d leedon. Someday, in some perverse way, there'll be another project that will make this look silly cheap.

devilplate
30-03-12, 08:41
And interlace, and d leedon. Someday, in some perverse way, there'll be another project that will make this look silly cheap.
interlace not bad....i believe 1st phase buyers still can make some profit

kane
30-03-12, 08:48

What was the psf? When it was first launched it didn't look amazingly attractive leh.

They were promoting their iconic container stacking design.

price
30-03-12, 08:48

How was their launch price like?

devilplate
30-03-12, 08:49
What was the psf? When it was first launched it didn't look amazingly attractive leh.
fair pricing....most imptly it is not amazingly exp like this one :p

Lovelle
30-03-12, 08:51
fair pricing....most imptly it is not amazingly exp like this one :p

developer still have right ?

fclim
30-03-12, 08:53
It's fine. We are testing the limits of a hypothetical 3 bedroom size at that location.

I will pay $1 mil for that location for a 3 bedder, even if the rooms are small but I will not do that for a 1+1 bedder. Reason being the same area can provide more privacy for 4 individuals in the 3 bedder, whereas a 1+1 can only fit 2 individuals.

HDB to a condo near MRT and mall is an upgrade in life-style to me, simply because it is a status upgrade and I can get to use the facilities and enjoy the additional security.

There could be more and more MRT/Malls coming up 10 to 20 years. Or transport services improved with more bus/LRT connection or running parallel to MRT lines. Amenities and transport infra around your estate can change. Your analysis and intel must be chun. The space that you bought will never change.

devilplate
30-03-12, 08:53
not sure...must be lor....so many units

chiaberry
30-03-12, 09:02
Jln tamburs semi ds, the one just next door, are around those prices no?

Ambience sux. Next or near to the temple and main road. I wouldn't buy a newly renovated/A&A done by other ppl. The place may fall apart/leak/crack within a short period of time. A lot of short cuts/shoddy workmanship these days. I haven't stepped into those. But the last "renovated" landed house I stepped into in that area was so full of lousy workmanship I don't want to see another one again. When I retire, I will get an original condition one and do my own A&A. Hopefully by that time, my dd would stick to her original wish to do architecture. :D

lufu
30-03-12, 09:03

Developer has very big units. Quantum about 2mil.
For the psf, the finishing and interior is lousy. Not even marble flooring.

Location is great for those who drive

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:04
Developer has very big units. Quantum about 2mil.
For the psf, the finishing and interior is lousy. Not even marble flooring.

Location is great for those who drive
crapland provide crappy furnishing mah.....

interlace, dleedon.....i suspect this one same

fclim
30-03-12, 09:05
There is a risk that all the land surrounding this project and nearer to the MRT/Mall might end up as BTOs or ECs. Then what happens to this?

azeoprop
30-03-12, 09:06
the 2 bedder 893sqft so big but only got 1 bathroom?! :eek:

fclim
30-03-12, 09:06
Hopefully by that time, my dd would stick to her original wish to do architecture. :D

Wah, dd? You regular kiasuparents contributor?:D

lufu
30-03-12, 09:07

Quite true. Maybe that's why the strata house in TG sold out so quickly

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:08
There is a risk that all the land surrounding this project and nearer to the MRT/Mall might end up as BTOs or ECs. Then what happens to this?
got chance.....

if its bto...i m not sure wats the effect....bcoz oredi got HDBs in the vicinity

imagine next door brandnew EC selling for 800-850psf(due to income ceiling)

wakakakakkaka

chiaberry
30-03-12, 09:09
Wah, dd? You regular kiasuparents contributor?:D

Not regular. Sporadic. haha you also? :D

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:10
EC near PC for ulu locations like micasa vs rainforest....ripplebay vs watercolor......quite ok....EC naturally cheaper by 15-20% and provide base support for PCs.....

but for bishan how? wakakakak

Lovelle
30-03-12, 09:10
i suspect crapland will bid the next plot.
they have legions of indon buyers , they shld be able to fill this up

fclim
30-03-12, 09:11
got chance.....

if its bto...i m not sure wats the effect....bcoz oredi got HDBs in the vicinity

wakakakakkaka

EC very very high chance cos whole of Bishan only got one EC.

chiaberry
30-03-12, 09:11
got chance.....

wakakakakkaka

The chance of this is not neglible. It can happen. Isn't there an EC next to Catholic High? Not sure what that devt is (not Clover - on the opposite side of the road right next to Catholic High.

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:14
The chance of this is not neglible. It can happen. Isn't there an EC next to Catholic High? Not sure what that devt is (not Clover - on the opposite side of the road right next to Catholic High.
tat shd be DBSS...confirmed.....natura loft DBSS

exp DBSS is actually a boost for PCs nearby....wakakakaka

price
30-03-12, 09:14
got chance.....

wakakakakkaka

haha why income ceiling leh? how much is too much for 12k income? these days those EC penthouses way more than 1mil right? any near the 2mil mark?

fclim
30-03-12, 09:16
Not regular. Sporadic. haha you also? :D

Look see look see only. But, very informative too, like this forum.

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:17
haha why income ceiling leh? how much is too much for 12k income? these days those EC penthouses way more than 1mil right? any near the 2mil mark?
those 2mil PH EC if any is for the 2nd timers la or richie parents

chiaberry
30-03-12, 09:18
Look see look see only. But, very informative too, like this forum.

Agree. I look in when there's a need for some info eg Sec sch selection, JC selection. :)

bigapplefan
30-03-12, 09:19

Ya got 3 reserve sites next to it. If end up as hdb or ec.. This place sure drop in value

ay123
30-03-12, 09:29
How was their launch price like?

abt 935psf for a 1300+sf size....now the price is above 1000psf

chiaberry
30-03-12, 09:36
abt 935psf for a 1300+sf size....now the price is above 1000psf

Is that Interlace? My colleague used to live there before it was en bloc. He said the air there is so dirty. He had to clean/change his air con filters so often.

price
30-03-12, 09:37
those 2mil PH EC if any is for the 2nd timers la or richie parents
2nd timers also got income capped right? ya lor richie parents :(

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:51
Is that Interlace? My colleague used to live there before it was en bloc. He said the air there is so dirty. He had to clean/change his air con filters so often.
how come air pollution ? i tot surrounded by greens?

i noe liao....ur fren unit must b facing the AYE

wakakakakkakakaka

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:53
2nd timers also got income capped right? ya lor richie parents :(
may hf some cash rich 2nd timer mah.....down 50% lor...banks surely approve the loan

chiaberry
30-03-12, 09:54
how come air pollution ? i tot surrounded by greens?

This place used to be called Gillman Heights ya? He said it was the pollution coming in from the ports/oil refinery/pasir panjang etc Apparently the wind brings it in that direction at times.

price
30-03-12, 09:56
may hf some cash rich 2nd timer mah.....down 50% lor...banks surely approve the loan
Thats true la. Recently i was consulting a UOB banker. She told me if i take a 60% loan, dun need to see my income at all. Sure approve

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:57
This place used to be called Gillman Heights ya? He said it was the pollution coming in from the ports/pasir panjang etc
so bad meh? quite a distance and got some greens blocking it lor....

must be AYE la :p

anyway ur fren suay suay enbloc during bottom of the cycle

price
30-03-12, 09:58
This place used to be called Gillman Heights ya? He said it was the pollution coming in from the ports/oil refinery/pasir panjang etc Apparently the wind brings it in that direction at times.

Was that the HUDC that enbloc? I wonder which HUDC estate is next in the pipeline to enbloc

price
30-03-12, 09:59
so bad meh? quite a distance and got some greens blocking it lor....

must be AYE la :p

Bro, if u know ur condo got enbloc potential soon, will u sell now (assuming now its the peak) or wait for the entire development to enbloc altogether(by then maybe bottom of the peak)?

devilplate
30-03-12, 10:01
Bro, if u know ur condo got enbloc potential soon, will u sell now (assuming now its the peak) or wait for the entire development to enbloc altogether(by then maybe bottom of the peak)?
some of my ppty will nvr sell.....;)

ay123
30-03-12, 10:02

yes interlace launch price

chiaberry
30-03-12, 10:21

But also bought a new place near the bottom of the cycle.

ysyap
30-03-12, 11:32
A new condo in Bishan that's slated to launch in mid-April could be the priciest suburban condo to hit the market, according to a report by The Straits Times.

The article said that the indicative average price of Sky Habitat (pictured) at Bishan Street 14 is expected to range between S$1,700 psf and S$1,800 psf. However, this is only the preliminary estimate from marketing agents, and could be higher or lower depending on buyers' interest.

Despite the early indicative price, the report said that the development will set a benchmark for the Bishan Central area as well as for suburban projects across the island. The price range for the condo is well above the initial market expectation of around S$1,500 psf.

Tan Kok Keong, Research and Consultancy Head at OrangeTee, said the project's proximity to Bishan MRT interchange as well as to Junction 8 mall and good schools like Raffles Institution are major selling points.
Another key feature of the project is its design by renowned Israeli architect Moshe Safdie, who also designed the Marina Bay Sands integrated resort.

However, one industry player said it would be a tough for the 99-year leasehold project to hit a price tag of between S$1,700 psf and S$1,800 psf, noting that CapitaLand's d'Leedon project on the former Farrer Court site is going for approximately S$1,680 psf. That project was designed by the famous architect Zaha Hadid.

Located in District 20, the iconic 38-storey condo is being developed by Bishan Residential Development, a joint venture (JV) company between CapitaLand and Mitsubishi Estate. It comprises 509 units ranging from two- to four-bedroom homes as well as one-bedroom plus study and two-bedroom plus study units. Related Stories:Palm Isles condo preview launched

Slew of new projects launching this week

Bartley Residences sees strong demand

Wild Falcon
30-03-12, 11:38
Thomson Grand PSF has been trending downwards for a while. Those 1400psf ones hor are the early bird buyers. Recent PSF more like 1200+psf. One can argue different facing etc but I think the downward trend is statistically significant. And all those Bishan Park Condo nearby only 750psf.

I think Capitaland just drumming up interest bah. Remember they way overpaid for the site (just like d'Leedon) so need to find suckers to tranfer the wrong decision. Always want to use FT architects and never allow local architect to bid or design - may backfire leh.

fclim
30-03-12, 11:54
Always want to use FT architects and never allow local architect to bid or design - may backfire leh.

Ya Hor.. recently Changi Airport oso got backfired bcos want only foreign architects for T4. Guess who is Changi Airport's Chairman?

minority
30-03-12, 12:25

Singapore so unsafe?

devilplate
30-03-12, 12:35
Singapore so unsafe?
when it is time to meet the maker, it does not matter where u r

Jonathan0503
30-03-12, 13:22

So bad meh? Then Reflections would be worse since it's even nearer...

lufu
30-03-12, 13:57
Thomson Grand PSF has been trending downwards for a while. Those 1400psf ones hor are the early bird buyers. Recent PSF more like 1200+psf. One can argue different facing etc but I think the downward trend is statistically significant. And all those Bishan Park Condo nearby only 750psf

Was there recently. Easily $1250-80 psf after discount for 3 bedders mid level.
But quantum still very high...

Gardens at Bishan is only $900 odd psf.
Bishan Park Condo is rather run down. So I would compare it against Gardens at Bishan

chiaberry
30-03-12, 14:02
$1200+ seems not too bad considering reputed pricing for Sky Habitat. The layout and facing are best for the 2-bedders. If not for ABSD, I might consider a mid-floor 2-bedder.

bigapplefan
30-03-12, 16:08
Singapore so unsafe?

Not that unsafe lah.. My 2 cents is that for condo, at least won't have strangers loitering around your place, no spam mail which let people know how long you haven't been home, no strangers knocking on your door to sell stuff like woks, ice cream etc. The facilities of course is a bonus too

lufu
30-03-12, 16:29
Not that unsafe lah.. My 2 cents is that for condo, at least won't have strangers loitering around your place, no spam mail which let people know how long you haven't been home, no strangers knocking on your door to sell stuff like woks, ice cream etc. The facilities of course is a bonus too

Nobody sticking flyers on your wiper and going up round and round the MSCP looking for parking space. (although some MM condo still build MSCP)

For condo with Private Lift e.g. TG, Keppel Carribean etc.. no stranger coming up to your floor/level or knocking your door. Not even residence there

amk
30-03-12, 21:03
I will pay $1 mil for that location for a 3 bedder

Bro it's not available. 1mil buys u nothing in today's market. So how ? You will not do it, that's fine, there are plenty of others who are willing to do 1.5m for a 3 bedder.

stiook
30-03-12, 21:26
Was there recently. Easily $1250-80 psf after discount for 3 bedders mid level.
But quantum still very high...

Gardens at Bishan is only $900 odd psf.
Bishan Park Condo is rather run down. So I would compare it against Gardens at Bishan

Cannot compare. Gardens at bishan has like 700+ units. It is mass market.. TG is more upmarket.

kane
30-03-12, 21:31
Bro it's not available. 1mil buys u nothing in today's market. So how ? You will not do it, that's fine, there are plenty of others who are willing to do 1.5m for a 3 bedder.
1.5m 3 bedder now only can get seletar. Want to get central bishan also could pose as a challenge.

DC33_2008
30-03-12, 21:32
Look forward to the VVIP launch to see what is the initial take-up. Hope it will not be like D' Leedon.

insigina
30-03-12, 22:11
1.5m 3 bedder now only can get seletar. Want to get central bishan also could pose as a challenge.

You're right. I'm speculating from 1.7m for 3 bedder.

hyenergix
30-03-12, 22:14

3 bedder for 635 sqft...a hypothetical unit at Sky Habitat.

devilplate
30-03-12, 22:24
Look forward to the VVIP launch to see what is the initial take-up. Hope it will not be like D' Leedon.
Wat happen to dleedon?

DC33_2008
30-03-12, 22:27
Layout is not too bad here except for large balcony as usual in new development.
3 bedder for 635 sqft...a hypothetical unit at Sky Habitat.

devilplate
30-03-12, 22:41
Layout is not too bad here except for large balcony as usual in new development.
Layout suxxx big time here....

see their puny bedrooms? Like dat not too bad meh? Almost 900sqft 2bdr but puny rooms.....lol

DC33_2008
30-03-12, 22:43
Well! Gone to balcony. Can sleep outside on a hammock at night. Should be quite good view on high floors. Difficult to find large bedroom in Singapore. Got to go to neighbouring countries.
Layout suxxx big time here....

see their puny bedrooms? Like dat not too bad meh? Almost 900sqft 2bdr but puny rooms.....lol

Jonathan0503
30-03-12, 23:11

U referring to new or resale?

$1.5m for 3 bedder resale plenty. FH and in D15

devilplate
30-03-12, 23:30
U referring to new or resale?

$1.5m for 3 bedder resale plenty. FH and in D15
seletar park residence

insigina
31-03-12, 23:07
Could this project be the tipping point for CM6? If take up is modest, I guess all get to breathe a little easier. If not, the next CM could be accelerated. The ST article a couple of days back probably level set expectations of potential buyers and many are on the sidelines. This is the property closely watched as how it unfolds will set the tone of the market in the near term.

devilplate
31-03-12, 23:13
Cannot sell at ave 16xxpsf one la

Look at trevista.....super high flr only sold at 13xxpsf....on average abt 1200psf since TOP

insigina
31-03-12, 23:49

Look at trevista.....super high flr only sold at 13xxpsf....on average abt 1200psf since TOP

Like that how the developer make money (not that I am concerned)...

dtrax
31-03-12, 23:53

can sell why not? carrots aplenty, just that might not clear fast fast

insigina
31-03-12, 23:55
can sell why not? carrots aplenty, just that might not clear fast fast

But don't see too many carrots for D'Leedon???

dtrax
31-03-12, 23:57

yup, perhaps I need to rephrase to, carrots still exist but might not clear fast fast heee

devilplate
31-03-12, 23:58
land cost 8xxpsf ppr rite? Crapland bestest at using cheapskate tiles and laminate wat....300psf construction cost mabe doable

Sell ave 1400psf can make oredi rite?

devilplate
01-04-12, 00:00
To me dleedon pricing quite ok....d10 wor......but the layout suxx and furnishing worse den some mass market ones

insigina
01-04-12, 00:02
land cost 8xxpsf ppr rite? Crapland bestest at using cheapskate tiles and laminate wat....300psf construction cost mabe doable

Sell ave 1400psf can make oredi rite?

300psf would be worrying considering the sky bridges and pool better be done properly :scared-5:

minority
01-04-12, 07:22
Time to sell capital land shares..........

amk
01-04-12, 11:27

16## should be doable for the 1 2 bedders. Large ones 1500 no problem. 2mil for a 3bd doable in Bishan.

There is no need to sell out in 2 weeks.

Although I totally dislike the architecture of this design, I applaud CAPL for not doing this in FEO style (aka making 60% units bs "SOHO" or "Suites" to lower the quantum and maximize profit)

august
01-04-12, 12:26
i think price at $14xx-15xx psf is more realistic.

Adva181
01-04-12, 14:26
Wow, one of the worst all time layout... Long corridor, big balcony n a/c ledge...
The 2BR common toilet dun even have a shower area!
Useless space for 635sf $1mil 1+1. CMI:scared-2:

Lovelle
01-04-12, 14:38
Wow, one of the worst all time layout... Long corridor, big balcony n a/c ledge...
The 2BR common toilet dun even have a shower area!
Useless space for 635sf $1mil 1+1. CMI:scared-2:

I hv not seen a pjt that has good layout, view, location an etc since 2010. Its either or in many case unless resale.

Ricade
01-04-12, 15:03
5 room flats behind the bus interchange is already hitting 700k valuations..

But the way SH is testing upper limits Of PSF ard this area, perhaps better decision to buy HDB here? Income ceiling and 5 yrs MOP aside, maybe it is better to take smaller risk and let other more well heeled ppl push up the price for u..

Words have it that there is a small but steadily growing Korean / Japanese community in the area. Maybe these are the target mkt ppl..

Lovelle
01-04-12, 15:11
5 room flats behind the bus interchange is already hitting 700k valuations..

But the way SH is testing upper limits Of PSF ard this area, perhaps better decision to buy HDB here? Income ceiling and 5 yrs MOP aside, maybe it is better to take smaller risk and let other more well heeled ppl push up the price for u..

Words have it that there is a small but steadily growing Korean / Japanese community in the area. Maybe these are the target mkt ppl..

these kor n jap have to pay 10% absd

Ricade
01-04-12, 15:30

Well you are absolutely right.. Haha

kane
01-04-12, 15:45
Saw some agemts pitch tent outside the showroom alread. Ha.

Komo
01-04-12, 17:23
if there is underground link to mrt/j8 will be good:D

devilplate
01-04-12, 18:06
16## should be doable for the 1 2 bedders. Large ones 1500 no problem. 2mil for a 3bd doable in Bishan.

Although I totally dislike the architecture of this design, I applaud CAPL for not doing this in FEO style (aka making 60% units bs "SOHO" or "Suites" to lower the quantum and maximize profit)

bedok residences many mm hor.....:p

lets see this one can do well anot....

My bet is it is gona FLIP FLOP unless they shrink size or reduce psf

Btw i dun understand u smtimes too....16xxpsf for bishan? it seems to me u r hoping crapland will launch high high.....

Cant help but to tink tat u hf vested interest in bishan

devilplate
01-04-12, 18:10
I hv not seen a pjt that has good layout, view, location an etc since 2010. Its either or in many case unless resale.
gd layout plentiful

I love feo layout

fraser layout aso very good....

crapland layout super cmi.....bedok residence, dleedon.....den this one also.....totally CMI

Wild Falcon
01-04-12, 18:21
Don't think Korean Or Japanese will buy property in SG. in any case, Singapore's "Koreatown" is in Upper Bukit Timah area. Not Bishan.

felicia_sg
01-04-12, 18:21
My friends said feo quality very bad. Theirs & friends experience.

gd layout plentiful

I love feo layout

fraser layout aso very good....

crapland layout super cmi.....bedok residence, dleedon.....den this one also.....totally CMI

devilplate
01-04-12, 18:24
Don't think Korean Or Japanese will buy property in SG. in any case, Singapore's "Koreatown" is in Upper Bukit Timah area. Not Bishan.
Tot koreantown in novena?

Wild Falcon
01-04-12, 18:26
I think FEO bad quality is a myth propagated by people who don't own FEO properties. I've seen some other local developers that are worse. At least FEO give decent ceiling height even for non-SOHO. I think FEO developments in the past 10 years are ok. Those older than that I'm not sure.

devilplate
01-04-12, 18:26
My friends said feo quality very bad. Theirs & friends experience.
I m toking abt layout and flrplans

recent feo TOP projects exceeded my expectations :D

ocr feo mi casa TOP liao....mabe we shd go n verify their quality

Wild Falcon
01-04-12, 18:27
Tg Pagar and Upp Bukit Timah. By number of Korean living there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreatown

Tot koreantown in novena?

devilplate
01-04-12, 18:28
I think FEO bad quality is a myth propagated by people who don't own FEO properties. I've seen some other local developers that are worse. At least FEO give decent ceiling height even for non-SOHO. I think FEO developments in the past 10 years are ok. Those older than that I'm not sure.
i got a like minded falcon here :D

Recently, i hate crapland

devilplate
01-04-12, 18:29
Tg Pagar and Upp Bukit Timah. By number of Korean living there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreatown
Tats great ;)

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 19:44
i got a like minded falcon here :D

Recently, i hate crapland

sorry hor, got to look at whole package. FEO like CMI location , put some marble n sell @ record prices. all my old generation relatives whom bought FEO properties all swear never to touch their projects. But good to buy near FEO proj. Eg, Buy EC near mi Casa, huat till cannot huat!! Aiya, no need quote too much example, i m sure u know 90% of them.

u want to talk abt normal finishing/ or CMI in your opinion, go check out the sail n its psf. Location Location Location. When shit hits the fence, its all that matters.

Wild Falcon
01-04-12, 19:47
Location Location Location is passe.

It's value relatively to the location. The best location may NOT give the best return. PROVEN.

sorry hor, got to look at whole package. FEO like CMI location , put some marble n sell @ record prices. all my old generation relatives whom bought FEO properties all swear never to touch their projects. But good to buy near FEO proj. Eg, Buy EC near mi Casa, huat till cannot huat!! Aiya, no need quote too much example, i m sure u know 90% of them.

u want to talk abt normal finishing/ or CMI in your opinion, go check out the sail n its psf. Location Location Location. When shit hits the fence, its all that matters.

kane
01-04-12, 20:05

I like this strategy:" buy new feo. Huat until cannot huat!"

dtrax
01-04-12, 20:09
I like this strategy:" buy new feo. Huat until cannot huat!"

dun like that leh, fareast floridian condo i remember last time 1.2k+ psf during recession excluding 1% loyalty discount now their large unit already selling at 2k psf liao.. this is not sky rocket then wad is?

lufu
01-04-12, 20:36
Saw some agemts pitch tent outside the showroom alread. Ha.

can't wait to see the result of their launch. I suspect it's going to be another sellout despite many thinking it's way over priced (myself included)

insigina
01-04-12, 20:39
can't wait to see the result of their launch. I suspect it's going to be another sellout despite many thinking it's way over priced (myself included)

The challenge is how to clear the 4 bedders. 17xx sqft you know? 2.5mil up?

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 20:46
dun like that leh, fareast floridian condo i remember last time 1.2k+ psf during recession excluding 1% loyalty discount now their large unit already selling at 2k psf liao.. this is not sky rocket then wad is?

serious? $1.2Kpsf? same time as Rivergate $1.2k time? 2008 recession time?

sltc
01-04-12, 20:56
Floridian $2K psf !!! people still buy. wonder why ? maybe for good school nearby.

price
01-04-12, 21:08

If location cmi and u buy cause got marble only got urself to blame ma?? Why blame FEO? Doesnt mean that location sux they gotta give lousy flooring right?

dtrax
01-04-12, 21:12
serious? $1.2Kpsf? same time as Rivergate $1.2k time? 2008 recession time?

rivergate launch 10xx psf, recession a few units were selling at 1.2k psf per piece.. cheap until lao sai

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 21:27
Location Location Location is passe.

It's value relatively to the location. The best location may NOT give the best return. PROVEN.

Confirm. It's value relatively to location. FEO sell at super premium at every location they are at. If u examine their strategy, buy cheap land at CMI location. Put some stabs of marble n sell record price. Better still , package air space n sell mezzaine lvl.

Their price is at least 10 years future pricing. My relative, FEO staff, also very proud they can sell at super premium. He even comment if FEO is selling bedok resident, wont be selling so cheap.

U r right , it's value relative to location. If u buy one unit beside FEO, that is great value. Like your fav FEO The Lanai, or even Hiller, just buy any hill view development , only ard $1k Psf avg straight away tons of value. So much value, get the best returns. Dont u agree?

yowetan
01-04-12, 21:36
Confirm. It's value relatively to location. FEO sell at super premium at every location they are at. If u examine their strategy, buy cheap land at CMI location. Put some stabs of marble n sell record price. Better still , package air space n sell mezzaine lvl.

Their price is at least 10 years future pricing. My relative, FEO staff, also very proud they can sell at super premium. He even comment if FEO is selling bedok resident, wont be selling so cheap.

U r right , it's value relative to location. If u buy one unit beside FEO, that is great value. Like your fav FEO The Lanai, or even Hiller, just buy any hill view development , only ard $1k Psf avg straight away tons of value. So much value, get the best returns. Dont u agree?

Hillview is not a lousy place, to begin with.

bargain hunter
01-04-12, 21:37
+ lippo dumped its 80 rivergate units (the largest type) at 1300psf.

rivergate launch 10xx psf, recession a few units were selling at 1.2k psf per piece.. cheap until lao sai

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 21:38
If location cmi and u buy cause got marble only got urself to blame ma?? Why blame FEO? Doesnt mean that location sux they gotta give lousy flooring right?

Location suck, record price, no marble stab(finishing) how to sell? Location suck sell cheap price we can accept ma.

bargain hunter
01-04-12, 21:39
as per our discussion in the other thread, 2.66m (1500psf) and up still have buyers slowly.

The challenge is how to clear the 4 bedders. 17xx sqft you know? 2.5mil up?

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 21:49
Hillview is not a lousy place, to begin with.

In each estate there are good n lousy place. Transport network, facing , noise lvls , proximity to shopping centre/ facilities. There are no lousy locations, only lousy sites. Eg FV. Price tio sink because face "matured garden" . So in this case, the preference is individual. Eg some pple dont mind facing highway, MRT track, nothing nearby, as long as cheap, future can count on pple to rent can le. anyway I not staying mentality, it's for rental.

I didn't say hillview is lousy, WF like hill view , so I talk HV lor. I merely quote him the value of location. End of day it's still LOcation location location.

Ricade
01-04-12, 21:52
Actually I think FEO has had a major political change in recent years..

Not trying to sound inauspicious, but when the late NTF was at the helm, fEO projects was cmi.

But ever since the younger son at the helm, I feel that FEO has improved in terms of their product offerings and service. I mean just take a look at Watertown, sure price higher, sure lousy marble flooring (even though marble but each of the marble slab in te showflat guaranteed to have 1 major fault line running through), but at least the higher pricing is justified due to
Project right above MRT and comes with a good sized shopping centre.

Another good example (is none other than my favorite) The Clift. I feel that FEO has improved their build quality over Icon. Sure icon may have more facilities but the build quality did not last. After Many recent visits to the Clift, I can see that FEO has improved in their build quality and hence I really like the project a lot.

I'm not familiar with other newer far east projects right now- maybe seastrand, but even for seastrand if you see it in another way - it's location is slightly closer to MRT. Perhaps that's where te premium lies in for the project?

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 21:54

Actually no need study layout n floor plans lah, u got see recent reports storeroom also can rent out. As long as storeroom is at good location n cheap, can also rent out, better still no need marble stabs. So as WF says, value @ location. Proven

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 22:08
Better clarify, I thinkFEO is a great company! Great if u own a share in the company! Huat till cannot huat. I don't hate FEO or their offering. Its my personal opinion that it's great value to own something near/beside it rather than in it. Oh, on that note, only thing i feel strongly is "say no to mscp"

I also don't shoot down pple who are keen in properties in OCR, just in case.....Every time I say location location location, sensitive pple think it's OCR vs CCR.

To me, it's location, convenience,population density, greenery n most impt, space.

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 22:13
as per our discussion in the other thread, 2.66m (1500psf) and up still have buyers slowly.

Bro, frankly, at $2m quantum and above, it very hard to find buyers...... The % is so small. The riches pple are all staying out. Like my businessman client tell me, now it's only those whom have missed the boat trying to get on. Those make few hands already are now low balling to find good deals.....

lufu
01-04-12, 22:15
To me, it's location, convenience,population density, greenery n most impt, space.

so between buying Sky Habitat and Thomson Grand, which is a better option? :)

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 22:16
Another good example (is none other than my favorite) The Clift. I feel that FEO has improved their build quality over Icon. Sure icon may have more facilities but the build quality did not last. After Many recent visits to the Clift, I can see that FEO has improved in their build quality and hence I really like the project a lot.

Did FEO spend too much $$$ on build quality n got nothing left for more facilities? I didn't have a chance to visit the Clift , but from DP Pics some time back, the units look like not bad.

felicia_sg
01-04-12, 22:17
I am talking about recent 6 year projects. They are very good in design, looks real very nice In showroom & when new, but things easily spoilt or fall apart after 2 years. Told by friends & relatives who owned their properties. Talking about real cases here, but could be coincident for their few projects? Obviously we won't know about all their projects. Local developers worse? FEO is true blue local you know?

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:18

Sorry for wat? Lol

I m commenting on layout...den a sis say quality no gd....den u say whole package....lol

Anyway using ec vs mi casa is a weak example.....

Shd use silversea....the cape.....the sound.....etc......

Imo entry price above location

minority
01-04-12, 22:23

i do agree with the view on FEO....

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:24
Actually no need study layout n floor plans lah, u got see recent reports storeroom also can rent out. As long as storeroom is at good location n cheap, can also rent out, better still no need marble stabs. So as WF says, value @ location. Proven
y dun study layout? U go buy lincoln suites lor.....location x10 :P

felicia_sg
01-04-12, 22:24
Is your expectation too low or my expectation too high? *But I have definitely seen many better ones than theirs. *Theirs look good on the outside, but not on the inside.....*

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:28
Bro, frankly, at $2m quantum and above, it very hard to find buyers...... The % is so small. The riches pple are all staying out. Like my businessman client tell me, now it's only those whom have missed the boat trying to get on. Those make few hands already are now low balling to find good deals.....
Super agree :D

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 22:29
so between buying Sky Habitat and Thomson Grand, which is a better option? :)

If it's me, I avoid record price in any location. U got to ask in personal perspective, sometime pple buy just to be next to school or parents. Personally TG sells "unprecedented luxury" ard $1300-$1400 range at launch. It neither offers an address(sin Ming road not thomson as condo name suggest ), nor next to MRT(future MRT if lucky), convenice to facilities/ dinning/ chill out. So I also don't understand paying for what.... I only see many chrysalis n marble stabs both on wall n floor.

Not considering price, bishan seems to offer abit more in most factors. But after looking at Psf. I wld think TG shld be easier on the pocket. This is what most recent buyers look for , do u agree?.

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:30
Is your expectation too low or my expectation too high? *But I have definitely seen many better ones than theirs. *Theirs look good on the outside, but not on the inside.....*
May i noe which recent TOP feo projects having lousy built quality in ur opinion?

I am toking abt worksmanship, common area design and practicality....not toking abt the brand of the fittings, the type of marbles etc bcoz u shd hf know it when visiting their showflat

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 22:31
y dun study layout? U go buy lincoln suites lor.....location x10 :P

Layout very good still got pple rent storeroom cos it's cheap ma..... So cheap is more impt than layout. Hahaha.

minority
01-04-12, 22:33

olds ones are not good. look at bayshore, bay court etc. to name some layout and finishing...

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:34
Did FEO spend too much $$$ on build quality n got nothing left for more facilities? I didn't have a chance to visit the Clift , but from DP Pics some time back, the units look like not bad.
I complain about the marbles not shiny enuff....they responded fast and furious :D

Later on aircon blower leaking.....den report to mgmt.....they again responded swiftly....i am vy pleased wif their service level so far :D

Last time i love capitaland projects...one of them is the shelford....layout super goodie and they give nice marbles and fittings.....but u see their dleedon, bedok res.....damn zzzzzz

felicia_sg
01-04-12, 22:38
I am talking about quality, both workmanship & fittings.
Why you so defensive? You work for them or your properties built by them?

May i noe which recent TOP feo projects having lousy built quality in ur opinion?

I am toking abt worksmanship, common area design and practicality....not toking abt the brand of the fittings, the type of marbles etc bcoz u shd hf know it when visiting their showflat

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:40
I am talking about quality, both workmanship & fittings.
Why you so defensive? You work for them or your properties built by them?
u r offensive lol

Ppl jus love to make accusations lol

I asked u nicely abt which projects....this is a forum.....we r suppose to share....so pls kindly share the recent projects so tat bro and sis here can take note of it

minority
01-04-12, 22:56

yup thats FEO!

kane
01-04-12, 22:59
So is FEO sold bishan it would at what price? 2000psf? Lol.

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 23:07
So is FEO sold bishan it would at what price? 2000psf? Lol.

confirm, but not next to mrt location. They will bid a much further location at cheap price to maximise profits. MRT RCR/OCR sites are too expensive for them to maximise profits. $2000 psf is very possible, look at cape.anything lower is insuling FEO's ability.

bargain hunter
01-04-12, 23:08
i agree. just that i was discussing in the other thread how capitaland could likely price the 4 bedders at the same quantum as wing tai's ascentia sky. smaller sq ft here but higher psf still leading to around 2.66m. there will be very few buyers but i don't think they mind selling the 4 bedders slowly.

kane
01-04-12, 23:13
confirm, but not next to mrt location. They will bid a much further location at cheap price to maximise profits. MRT RCR/OCR sites are too expensive for them to maximise profits. $2000 psf is very possible, look at cape.anything lower is insuling FEO's ability.

Yeah, and if we don't buy the project next to Feo, we will be insulting our own intelligence. Lol.

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:14
Fyi, feo still holding many gd located ccr fh land....hehehe

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:16
Yeah, and if we don't buy the project next to Feo, we will be insulting our own intelligence. Lol.
Dun use feo top psf as benchmark.....very dangerous.....

Feo can sell high high doesnt mean neighbouring projects will be lifted up......

wait u go buy seletar park res tinking it is cheaper den 1400psf greenwich den u tio fried....lol

insigina
01-04-12, 23:28
i agree. just that i was discussing in the other thread how capitaland could likely price the 4 bedders at the same quantum as wing tai's ascentia sky. smaller sq ft here but higher psf still leading to around 2.66m. there will be very few buyers but i don't think they mind selling the 4 bedders slowly.

D'Leedon slow enough? Even for supposedly hot developments like WT and BR have 4 bedders with quantum lower than 2mil...good flrs some more. Another decent project, TG was very recently trying hard to unload their 3 bedder PH nicely under 2mil. Anyway we'll see what happens for SH. History could be in the making:D

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:33
How abt fragrance, macly etc.....mm developers my idol now.....Lol

East village residential i heard left one PH today! For shops, all the small ones r sold! Left wif big ones costing like 6mil! Wakakaka

They r the champion!

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:36
Bestest champion r those geylang mm builders.....neighbouring older resale selling only 6xx-8xxpsf and yet they can sell 12xxpsf! Power packed omph omph argh argh :D

kane
01-04-12, 23:38
Dun use feo top psf as benchmark.....very dangerous.....

Feo can sell high high doesnt mean neighbouring projects will be lifted up......

wait u go buy seletar park res tinking it is cheaper den 1400psf greenwich den u tio fried....lol

Greenwich 1400psf already?? When i was first inquiring, it was 1150psf...

But of course, like you say lah, that doesn't make seletar park cheap. Must use some discretion.

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:40
Greenwich 1400psf already?? When i was first inquiring, it was 1150psf...

But of course, like you say lah, that doesn't make seletar park cheap. Must use some discretion.
Browse thru ur frenly and transparent ura APPs :D

Sorry my bad....top psf is 1512psf!! Hohohohoh :D

Seletar park cheep cheep...go buy buy :p

During preview, i was offered a ground flr soho 4.85m at about 10xxpsf....i tot super ex wor....am i silly not to buy on hindsight now? Cryyyyyy

Den now i aso remember 2bdr abt 900psf wor.....wah lau .....i said 850psf and FH den can consider wor.....kaozzz

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 23:41
Fyi, feo still holding many gd located ccr fh land....hehehe

thanks for the update. they are presenting selling something in Scotts right?

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:42
thanks for the update. they are presenting selling something in Scotts right?
for ccr especially orchard area....nobody beats sc global and wingtai in terms of pricing rite? Hehehe

kane
01-04-12, 23:43
Browse thru ur frenly and transparent ura APPs :D

Sorry my bad....top psf is 1512psf!! Hohohohoh :D

Seletar park cheep cheep...go buy buy :p

When they first said 1150psf, i switched off completely and took it off my radar. No where near reasonable for me.

kane
01-04-12, 23:44
for ccr especially orchard area....nobody beats sc global and wingtai in terms of pricing rite? Hehehe

Wing tai still considered modest lah. Which project you referring to.

felicia_sg
01-04-12, 23:51
Huh? *Seems like despite many forumers echoing same opinions as me that their difference experience with different FEO projects are bad quality, you still singing songs how good FEO projects are (even say their services world class) & not only that make accusations against people like me who say bad about FEO quality saying we are making accusations? Say them bad means "accusations"?*Again, that is our opinions & those of many others, Why you need to be so defensive? *Want us to name projects? Too many to name! Ask you, you ever worked for FEO (and even now and in future) to sell their projects don't you? *You ever owned and still own FEO projects don't you? *See, that is called vasted interests, snake-oil salesman? *Why not you provide us those FEO super good projects & tell us how you consider good quality & workmanship?

u r offensive lol

I asked u nicely abt which projects....this is a forum.....we r suppose to share....so pls kindly share the recent projects so tat bro and sis here can take note of it

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:51
Wing tai still considered modest lah. Which project you referring to.
Helios res :D

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:53
Huh? *Seems like despite many forumers echoing same opinions as me that their difference experience with different FEO projects are bad quality, you still singing songs how good FEO projects are (even say their services world class) & not only that make accusations against people like me who say bad about FEO quality saying we are making accusations? Say them bad means "accusations"?*Again, that is our opinions & those of many others, Why you need to be so defensive? *Want us to name projects? Too many to name! Ask you, you ever worked for FEO (and even now and in future) to sell their projects don't you? *You ever owned and still own FEO projects don't you? *See, that is called vasted interests, snake-oil salesman? *Why not you provide us those FEO super good projects & tell us how you consider good quality & workmanship?
wakakaka

Miss jadey hihihi :D

teddybear
01-04-12, 23:54
"Snake-oil salesman"? ha ha ha! What an apt term! ha ha ha!
Think you better keep quiet otherwise you will have no peace. The "snake-oil salesman" will be after you! :scared-3:

u r offensive lol

kane
01-04-12, 23:55
Helios res :D

Oh that one huh. That kind of pricing can only target foreigns i think.

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:55
Think you better keep quiet otherwise you will have no peace. The "snake-oil salesman" will be after you! :scared-3:
Hihi teddybear cum miss jadey cum miss felicia :D

felicia_sg
01-04-12, 23:57
Then how? Just keep quiet like some other forumers after being insulted by the snake-oil salesman that we are making "accusations"? Let them continue to propagate lies and damn lies?

devilplate
01-04-12, 23:59
Teddybear....i hf been tinking y u so upset by the ocr new launches take up rate.....

Bcoz u put all ur eggs in the same basket....and now new conditions and rules set by govt become super unfrenly for ur portfolio.....

Haiz...i can understand.....when cm5 was introduced....i felt like........zzzzz......

but den....life hf to goes on....jus hold tight tight and collect rent....and come here tcss .... Cheers

teddybear
02-04-12, 00:01
I am afraid you only have 2 choices:

1) Allow these "snake-oil salesman" to propogate your so-called "lies and damn lies".......

2) Challenge them (like me) but be prepared to withstand their bullet-proof skin bombardments! They are just super thick-skin! Their best tactics: Ask you to go check out all data and report back to him! ha ha ha! Luckily you not so stupid and instead ask him to provide data instead for us to inspect. Ha ha ha! You smart lady! :D

Then how? Just keep quiet like some other forumers after being insulted by the snake-oil salesman that we are making "accusations"? Let them continue to propagate lies and damn lies?

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:03
Miss jadey.....dun like dat la....

U accuse me first one leh....:p

frankly, i tot i hf asked u nicely abt which feo projects.....i hf 2 feo projects whereby i rec keys upon TOP and quite pleased wif them :D

Den u become so offensive....scary....

And den teddybear super opportunist and add in oil.....wakakaka.....teddybear....hf u check the caveats for bluwaters 1,2 liao?

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:05
I am afraid you only have 2 choices:

1) Allow these "snake-oil salesman" to propogate your so-called "lies and damn lies".......

2) Challenge them (like me) but be prepared to withstand their bullet-proof skin bombardments! They are just super thick-skin! Their best tactics: Ask you to go check out all data and report back to him! ha ha ha! Luckily you not so stupid and instead ask him to provide data instead for us to inspect. Ha ha ha! You smart lady! :D
R u saying me smart?

U r the one who started asking me for concrete data remember? Luckily i m smart enuff...wakakakakaka

felicia_sg
02-04-12, 00:11
2 projects good?
I heard >10 projects are terrible, so conclusion is good or bad?
Only based on our experience means probably only 17% chance that FEO project quality is good or 83% chance that FEO projects quality is bad?

Miss jadey.....dun like dat la....

U accuse me first one leh....:p

frankly, i tot i hf asked u nicely abt which feo projects.....i hf 2 feo projects whereby i rec keys upon TOP and quite pleased wif them :D

Den u become so offensive....scary....

And den teddybear super opportunist and add in oil.....wakakaka.....teddybear....hf u check the caveats for bluwaters 1,2 liao?

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:15
2 projects good?
I heard >10 projects are terrible, so conclusion is good or bad?
Only based on our experience means probably only 17% chance that FEO project quality is good or 83% chance that FEO projects quality is bad?
Its ok....u say feo quality bad den bad lor...

How i wish i am related to feo.....multimillionaire liao hehehe :D

Miss felicia....i sincerely and honestly curious to noe which projects no gd.....bro n sis can watch out for those! But since like u said most feo projects r bad.....den we shall heed ur advice and boycott feo! Cheers :D

Gdnite miss felicia and sweet dreams ;)

august
02-04-12, 00:22
feo is bad in the past, this one quite common knowledge. lately they have improved a bit.

teddybear
02-04-12, 00:23
I also wonder why you so upset when people say FEO projects quality very bad?
So now you admit you got 2 properties built by them? No wonder! Oh my gosh! You stuck with 2 projects with poor quality and scare can't sell because people know they are so poor quality? :doh:
Nevermind, you can hold tight tight until the ceiling cement fall off and the cabinet doors fell off etc and the pipes and drainage got stuck and flood your property. :scared-1:

Teddybear....i hf been tinking y u so upset by the ocr new launches take up rate.....

Bcoz u put all ur eggs in the same basket....and now new conditions and rules set by govt become super unfrenly for ur portfolio.....

Haiz...i can understand.....when cm5 was introduced....i felt like........zzzzz......

but den....life hf to goes on....jus hold tight tight and collect rent....and come here tcss .... Cheers

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:27
I also wonder why you so upset when people say FEO projects quality very bad?
So now you admit you got 2 properties built by them? No wonder! Oh my gosh! You stuck with 2 projects with poor quality and scare can't sell because people know they are so poor quality? :doh:
Nevermind, you can hold tight tight until the ceiling cement fall off and the cabinet doors fell off etc and the pipes and drainage got stuck and flood your property. :scared-1:

admit? i reveal myself one lor...

Yes....lets hold tight tight :D

felicia_sg
02-04-12, 00:27
Who is Jadey?

wakakaka

Miss jadey hihihi :D

price
02-04-12, 00:29
Location suck, record price, no marble stab(finishing) how to sell? Location suck sell cheap price we can accept ma.
but their projects still selling well wat? u dun want then just move on lor? :D :cheers5:

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:30
feo is bad in the past, this one quite common knowledge. lately they have improved a bit.
over at skyscraper....senior piggy once said feo improved ever since icon.....

Sterling seems ok to me....wat u tink?

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:31
Who is Jadey?
My old flame....lol

teddybear
02-04-12, 00:32
Oh, that is the person with cognitive problem! The person who always cannot focus on 1 point of argument, and when you question 1 he answered 2, when you to reply to 2 he answered 3!

Who is Jadey?

felicia_sg
02-04-12, 00:37
So he saying I got cognitive problem?! What a bastard! Think he also got cognitive problem, can never answer straight to point!

Oh, that is the person with cognitive problem! The person who always cannot focus on 1 point of argument, and when you question 1 he answered 2, when you to reply to 2 he answered 3!

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:40
Dun take it to heart ....tcss nia.....nothing serious hor :D

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:42
So he saying I got cognitive problem?! What a bastard! Think he also got cognitive problem, can never answer straight to point!
Wah liu.....so angry until scold ppl bastards

So ah lian!but i like it! :D

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:44
this forum is so fun :D

U nvr noe who u r dealing with!

So exciting :D

felicia_sg
02-04-12, 00:45
First you say I am jadey.
Next you say jadey is your old flame.
So you inferring to others that I am your old flame?
What a bloody bastard! *Who want to be your old flame or new flame or be associated with a bastard like you?! The person associated with you must be damn damn... *Oh I lost my words!! **

My old flame....lol*

wakakaka

Miss jadey hihihi *

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:47
Miss jadey loves to bicker wif me....MIA for a while liao.....

Felicia ah lian and fierce! i lovin it :D

devilplate
02-04-12, 00:49
Chiobu miss felicia....moi gona slp liao....

Thanks for tcss wif me! Loving it ;) nitezz

melodies
02-04-12, 06:53
You really shameless bastard? Think that word fits you well! Wakekekeke! :D
When you lose an argument, you resort to personal attack & humiliation :doh:
This just shows what shameless character you are! :o

Miss jadey loves to bicker wif me....MIA for a while liao.....

Felicia ah lian and fierce! i lovin it :D

chiaberry
02-04-12, 07:01
That's why he/she is the infamous devilplate. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ahem.....chill sister(s)/brother(s). Let's move back to the original topic of the thread.

kane
02-04-12, 08:33
Yeah, back to topic. Anyone has approached the agents who pitch a tent outside for more details? There isn't much on the net.