PDA

View Full Version : Sky Habitat - Bishan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Poloclub
12-04-12, 23:39
Great buy! Nowhere in any CCR can one find a Sands designer Architectural PC. It's going to be splash all over the world in various magazines and you actually own it.

Can your normal CCR PC appear in magazines on world stage? :D
The last one in Canada Habitat 67 done over 40 years ago can be found in wiki. Can your normal CCR PC be wiki-ed? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67

Looking at the age of this architect, after he pass on Sky Habitat will be even more priceless. (read Mona Lisa painting) and there are only 2 sky habitats in the entire world

You may not own Habitat 67 in Canada but you can live the dream now in Bishan

It's priceless...Cheques will need to be balloted on Saturday!

(capitaland should hire me :D )

There is really nothing very original about this design and definitely not going to be a architectural marvel. To me this is cheap design from a famous designer that recycle ideas from MBS and Habitat 67.

Poloclub
12-04-12, 23:42
Sometimes rich ppl buy for glamour ... not for investment :D

LV, Lambo, St Regis :cool:

If Reflection last time can average 1900psf, while Sky Habitat can't command 1,700psf ??

Bishan 8 cannot compare lah

how can a condo in that location be considered as glamour?

fclim
12-04-12, 23:49
Looking at the age of this architect, after he pass on Sky Habitat will be even more priceless. (read Mona Lisa painting) and there are only 2 sky habitats in the entire world

You may not own Habitat 67 in Canada but you can live the dream now in Bishan

It's priceless...Cheques will need to be balloted on Saturday!

(capitaland should hire me :D )

I mentioned before. SH is a copy of Golden Dream Bay in China. http://www.msafdie.com/file/3892.jpg
http://www.msafdie.com/file/3726.jpg

lufu
12-04-12, 23:51
There is really nothing very original about this design and definitely not going to be a architectural marvel. To me this is cheap design from a famous designer that recycle ideas from MBS and Habitat 67.

We'll eagerly await the result of their launch... Won't be surprise if it's a huge success and many people actually bought my sarcasm. :doh:

kane
12-04-12, 23:56
I mentioned before. SH is a copy of Golden Dream Bay in China. http://www.msafdie.com/file/3892.jpg

They look alike alright.

carbuncle
13-04-12, 00:02
Fragrance architect copy and paste. Msafie also copy and paste. I really dont see the difference between them

ecimbew
13-04-12, 00:09
"Well known fact"? :doh:
Noise travels in all direction, not only upwards!

This is the only Well known and proven fact: The further you are from the noise, the softer it will be due to energy attenuation (assuming no obstruction). That is to say, if you live on 30th level, obviously the noise will be softer than living on the 5th level. :tsk-tsk:

Thanks, Teddybear. I'm so glad you clear the air... again. Phew!
:scared-5:

Poloclub
13-04-12, 00:46
"Well known fact"? :doh:
Noise travels in all direction, not only upwards!

This is the only Well known and proven fact: The further you are from the noise, the softer it will be due to energy attenuation (assuming no obstruction). That is to say, if you live on 30th level, obviously the noise will be softer than living on the 5th level. :tsk-tsk:

That is not always true. If you are talking about traffic noise from heavy vehicle like trucks and buses, or noise from bike with loud exhaust the noise can be louder on the higher floor than ground floor because reflective noise travel at angle above the road, not flat.

Here is a road noise calculator if you have doubt

http://rigolett.home.xs4all.nl/ENGELS/vlgcalc.htm

DaytonaSS
13-04-12, 01:12

brother.... its call signature move lah........ or his style.....

teddybear
13-04-12, 10:04
Nice try, but you are talking about reflective noise, some angle, some constraints, some interference, some cancellation, they are just some special cases, like e.g. low floor less noisy than slightly higher floor, like 2nd floor less noisy than 5th floor, and that is because of obstructions, not because noise level can increase with distance.

I am talking about in general, noise level cannot increase with distance. This is the only truth based on proven scientific theory and accepted by all scientists, of which I quote below:

"The best way to understand noise levels is to think of decibels as the log of the noise energy.
The second most important thing to understand is that the noise energy dissipates in the air by 6 decibels as the distance doubles.
The 6 dB drop with doubling of distance is the drop in noise due to the energy being dissipated in the air. Noise will also be dissipated by objects, walls, hills, buildings, etc. There is also an impact from temperature and wind but the attenuation due to distance is the primary estimator of the drop in noise level in an outdoor setting."

That is not always true. If you are talking about traffic noise from heavy vehicle like trucks and buses, or noise from bike with loud exhaust the noise can be louder on the higher floor than ground floor because reflective noise travel at angle above the road, not flat.

Here is a road noise calculator if you have doubt

http://rigolett.home.xs4all.nl/ENGELS/vlgcalc.htm

eng81157
13-04-12, 10:14
http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpsound/l_sound_wave_equation_distance_intensity.png (http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpsound/sound_wave_equation_distance_intensity.php)intensity at a distance from point source

Sound intensity is inversely proportional to distance. No need to argue further

Leeds
13-04-12, 10:27
Allow me to share with my real experience with noise. I once lived in an apartment block next to a noisy flyover. The noise at ground level is much less because the noisy vehicles are above the ground level. At the same level. that is on the 2nd and 3 rd floor, the noise level increases greatly since these floors are at level with the flyover. Between 3 to 8 floors, the noise is very much at its peak because noise travel upward. However, above 10 floor, the noise level somewhat reduces and will continue to reduce as it goes higher. The block of apartment was only 12 floor high so I could not establish the noise level above 12 floor.

I had also experience living in a 25-storey block apartment next to a minor road.. At 23 rd storey where I lived, I could not hear road noise at the lift lobby. However, when I was at below 10 floor, I could hear road noise at the lift landing.

Noise travel upwards and that is undisputed. However, noise energy reduces through distance; be it vertical distance or horizontal distance. Horizontal distance maybe shorter because the noise energy usually "hits" some objects or medium. However, vertical distance seems to have less resistance and thus noise takes a longer vertical distance to dissipate.

So when buying apartment, I will always go for very high floor if the development is near a road. If it is a low rise development and near a road, I will go for ground floor if the road is higher than the ground floor unit.

My explanation may not be scientific but it reflects the actual experience.

carbuncle
13-04-12, 10:30
http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpsound/l_sound_wave_equation_distance_intensity.png (http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpsound/sound_wave_equation_distance_intensity.php)intensity at a distance from point source

I swore your nick was from NUS engineering fac when I first saw it. Now double confirmed...

carbuncle
13-04-12, 10:34
I am trained sound engineer. In layman speak, noise appears to travel upwards only because there are generally more obstructions, be it trees, vehicles, buildings, road surface etc at the ground or lower levels.

teddybear
13-04-12, 10:42
Thanks for confirmation from an expert "trained sound engineer"! :cool:

I am trained sound engineer. In layman speak, noise appears to travel upwards only because there are generally more obstructions, be it trees, vehicles, buildings, road surface etc at the ground or lower levels.

august
13-04-12, 11:04
my layman experience is if low floor u want to be at tree top level so that they act as barrier and filter off ground noises. As such u wont hear faraway noises. but u really need to have nature to act as this barrier. If low floor plus unblocked total concrete i say is not ideal.

as we go higher the ground noises below naturally get softer. But u begin to pick up faraway noises e.g. the bus's screeching E-brakes 2 blocks away that may not be noticeable at 4th floor is now audible at 28 floor although it is not loud.

at 40th floor above all noises below whether near or far becomes a gentle hum even in the busy city. you feel u are closer to heaven or clouds haha.. but some people get a sense of "detachment" or "isolation". Bcos of this general diminished aural environment, u may perceive aural sensations previously not noticeable when u are at lower floor e.g. the hum of the distant airliner many miles away.

still unless one is afraid of heights or whatever, generally the higher the better of cos.

flagship74
13-04-12, 11:09
In my school days..my teacher always tell us, empty vessel made the most noise..:scared-5:

carbuncle
13-04-12, 11:45
Thanks for confirmation from an expert "trained sound engineer"! :cool:
Welcomme....

DC33_2008
13-04-12, 11:52
Last night's DJ and Today's STI will help skyhabitat to sell more units tomorrow.

DC33_2008
13-04-12, 11:54
It helps on very high floor but a bit glaring up there.
my layman experience is if low floor u want to be at tree top level so that they act as barrier and filter off ground noises. As such u wont hear faraway noises. but u really need to have nature to act as this barrier. If low floor plus unblocked total concrete i say is not ideal.

as we go higher the ground noises below naturally get softer. But u begin to pick up faraway noises e.g. the bus's screeching E-brakes 2 blocks away that may not be noticeable at 4th floor is now audible at 28 floor although it is not loud.

at 40th floor above all noises below whether near or far becomes a gentle hum even in the busy city. you feel u are closer to heaven or clouds haha.. but some people get a sense of "detachment" or "isolation". Bcos of this general diminished aural environment, u may perceive aural sensations previously not noticeable when u are at lower floor e.g. the hum of the distant airliner many miles away.

still unless one is afraid of heights or whatever, generally the higher the better of cos.

latour
13-04-12, 12:34
Last night's DJ and Today's STI will help skyhabitat to sell more units tomorrow.

Dun be surprise, there will be some ppl $2000/psf also buy buy buy... Huat Ah!!!

hyenergix
13-04-12, 12:55
I stay above 20th floor. I can hear road noise clearly from far distances like 1-2km at night. The best way to avoid noise is to stay away from city area bcoz roads r practically everywhere in e city.

fclim
13-04-12, 12:57
Dun be surprise, there will be some ppl $2000/psf also buy buy buy... Huat Ah!!!

Mainly targeted at those who would otherwise buy landed. Their TV ads quite obvious. So, you can roughly estimate the quantum.

Poloclub
13-04-12, 13:06

that is only true if you are measuring sound intensity from 1 source and with no obstructions. In reality, traffic noise is a lot more complex. Sometime if you are living on the 5 to 6 floor, the noise level is even higher than if you are living on the 1st or 2nd floor.

Rysk
13-04-12, 13:11
Bishan is RCR.

The boundary just need to change a little and Bishan can be classified as CCR already. :scared-5:

CCR at this price? Very cheap. :D :D :D

Toa Payoh is south of Bishan and is even nearer to the city.
Have to classified TPY as CCR first before talk about Bishan lor..

august
13-04-12, 13:44
It helps on very high floor but a bit glaring up there.

don't look into the light :scared-5:

Rosegarden
13-04-12, 13:59
don't look into the light :scared-5:

ha ha ha ha .... LOL :D This forum is full of humor. Like.

eng81157
13-04-12, 14:00
I swore your nick was from NUS engineering fac when I first saw it. Now double confirmed...

haha, bingo

eng81157
13-04-12, 14:01
that is only true if you are measuring sound intensity from 1 source and with no obstructions. In reality, traffic noise is a lot more complex. Sometime if you are living on the 5 to 6 floor, the noise level is even higher than if you are living on the 1st or 2nd floor.

let's not complicate matters by talking about waveforms.......without obstructions, the nearer you are to the source of noise, the louder it is.

minority
13-04-12, 14:47
So how much psf launch so far?

Poloclub
13-04-12, 15:17
let's not complicate matters by talking about waveforms.......without obstructions, the nearer you are to the source of noise, the louder it is.
I think you should not over simplified the noise situation of the real world with a simple formula. You are right that noise will get softer over distant, but what I am highlighting that is might not always be the case in the real world that the further you are from the sound source, it will be softer.

carbuncle
13-04-12, 15:35
Toa Payoh is south of Bishan and is even nearer to the city.
Have to classified TPY as CCR first before talk about Bishan lor..
Somehow TPY image not as class as Bishan leh.... Why ah I wondered. Too few condo there? And no landed nearby?

carbuncle
13-04-12, 15:37
I stay above 20th floor. I can hear road noise clearly from far distances like 1-2km at night. The best way to avoid noise is to stay away from city area bcoz roads r practically everywhere in e city.
I grew up on 21st floor along arterial road in hdb neighbourhood and can hear buses very clearly as stop right below. But I think my family farts are louder... Lol

DaytonaSS
13-04-12, 15:38
Somehow TPY image not as class as Bishan leh.... Why ah I wondered. Too few condo there? And no landed nearby?

the name is too long , mafan to spell it out.

azeoprop
13-04-12, 15:43
I stay on 3rd floor beside a bus stop...can hear ezlink card di di di all the time. :doh:

carbuncle
13-04-12, 15:53
I stay on 3rd floor beside a bus stop...can hear ezlink card di di di all the time. :doh:
Better than stay on top or beside open air over ground mrt station. Can hear that plus learn all 4 languages announcements mastered to perfection.

carbuncle
13-04-12, 15:54
Trust me. 21st floor also can hear. No loss for you bro... Lol

carbuncle
13-04-12, 15:56
Seriously. Suggestion if you really keen to buy this project, check out Kovan Grandeur quite new MM project - also located beside m.... Rent any of the MM for short term say one month then you decide if you can live with it...

kane
13-04-12, 17:58
104 pages of discussion and they haven't sold a single unit yet. Heh.

azeoprop
13-04-12, 18:07
Download full floor plans here:
http://www.bishancentralcondo.com/floor-plans.html

bargain hunter
13-04-12, 20:46
as usual, thanks for the good stuff from you. :cheers5:

the file is BIG! as usual, from capitaland hahahahahaha.

Download full floor plans here:
http://www.bishancentralcondo.com/floor-plans.html

azeoprop
13-04-12, 20:48
Actually, all the units are quite large and family sized. How to sell at 1700psf? :scared-4:

bargain hunter
13-04-12, 21:05
blk 9 got smaller units mah? 1+1?

Actually, all the units are quite large and family sized. How to sell at 1700psf? :scared-4:

bargain hunter
13-04-12, 21:17
if you go head to head with ascentia sky, the quantum still can sell:

AS has no 1+1, 2 bedders ranged from 1.2m to 1.673m in the past 2 years. SH's 1+1 and 2 bedders can still sell within this price range if 1600psf?

AS 3 bedder from 1.744m to 2.223m. SH 2+study and 3 bedder definitely can sell within this range.

In 2011, AS 4 bedders sold from 2.3158m to 3.1059m. so SH's 4 bedders also can sell in this range.

why can't sell? :ashamed1:

Komo
13-04-12, 21:19
anyone queuing there tonight? :D

minority
13-04-12, 22:01

seems like a cool night to Q.....

flagship74
13-04-12, 22:50

i m going to torn night liao

carbuncle
13-04-12, 23:16
I LS twice.... Pain pain. If not also go and q can earn 50 bucks an hour

kane
14-04-12, 01:05
I LS twice.... Pain pain. If not also go and q can earn 50 bucks an hour

got people queueing meh? I thought they use cheques to queue, with queue numbers pre-assigned?

wind30
14-04-12, 01:16
Nice try, but you are talking about reflective noise, some angle, some constraints, some interference, some cancellation, they are just some special cases, like e.g. low floor less noisy than slightly higher floor, like 2nd floor less noisy than 5th floor, and that is because of obstructions, not because noise level can increase with distance.

I am talking about in general, noise level cannot increase with distance. This is the only truth based on proven scientific theory and accepted by all scientists, of which I quote below:

"The best way to understand noise levels is to think of decibels as the log of the noise energy.
The second most important thing to understand is that the noise energy dissipates in the air by 6 decibels as the distance doubles.
The 6 dB drop with doubling of distance is the drop in noise due to the energy being dissipated in the air. Noise will also be dissipated by objects, walls, hills, buildings, etc. There is also an impact from temperature and wind but the attenuation due to distance is the primary estimator of the drop in noise level in an outdoor setting."

sooo many colors. you assume that we live in free space izzit? There are a lot of other considerations like reflections, obstacles, etc.

rymccondo77
14-04-12, 01:23
Not sure if anyone earlier had posted this Facebook page of Sky Habitat - there's a video on this page showing how the model of the condo was built:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002615820713&ref=pymk#!/SkyHabitatCapitaland

Antione
14-04-12, 06:20

The noise you hear at each floor is actually different. As u go higher and look at the road, ur angle of hearing will hear more vehicles. Each vehicle may be smaller and softer, but the summation makes it louder. However, due to the attenuation square law effect, at a certain floor the sound turns softer w distance.

eng81157
14-04-12, 06:34
The noise you hear at each floor is actually different. As u go higher and look at the road, ur angle of hearing will hear more vehicles. Each vehicle may be smaller and softer, but the summation makes it louder. However, due to the attenuation square law effect, at a certain floor the sound turns softer w distance.

then with the same amount of noise sources and assuming the waveforms are in similar phases, the equation holds. the equation speaks for itself.

Komo
14-04-12, 07:43
so looks like there is no definite answer on which floor levels are not as affected by traffic noise?:confused:

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 07:51
Enough about noise la, silversea owners just accept it

kane
14-04-12, 08:59
This thread become sound physics.

Lovelle
14-04-12, 09:10
Price start at 1450psf

kane
14-04-12, 09:13
Going down this afternoon to see what is the attraction about.

flagship74
14-04-12, 10:02
i just bot one unit..i am their first customer..:eek:

bluedurian
14-04-12, 10:11
Congratulation! What size was it and how much did you pay for it? What's the turnout like?

minority
14-04-12, 10:16
Congratulation! What size was it and how much did you pay for it? What's the turnout like?

Congrats!!!!

lufu
14-04-12, 10:22

:cheers4: Congratulations.
Wonderful Choice :cheers5:

Be prepared...for sour grape from those who cannot afford it.
:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

flagship74
14-04-12, 10:26
:cheers4: Congratulations.
Wonderful Choice :cheers5:

Be prepared...for sour grape from those who cannot afford it.
Thanks already get prepared..:D

hyenergix
14-04-12, 10:27
Was mediacorp there to film u?

carbuncle
14-04-12, 10:35
So proud to have fellow condosg forummer as first customer of i-con-ic project.....!!!!!

Lovelle
14-04-12, 10:44
[

quote=flagship74]i just bot one unit..i am their first customer..:eek:[/quote]

how much did u pay ?

curio
14-04-12, 10:49
i m going to torn night liao

Ur efforts paid off!

lufu
14-04-12, 11:04
Thanks already get prepared..:D

Not to worry.

Icon @ Tanjong Pagar, The Sail, Caribbean at Keppel, Costa De Sol and many others earlier had already 'suffered' before you. :D

These sour grapes had disappeared (or maybe still hidding in their HDB) when these owners were counting their profit many years later.

Adva181
14-04-12, 11:09
Expected gimmick... Let out sound 1700psf den discount until 1450psf.
Many will Cheong

chiaberry
14-04-12, 11:11
Going down this afternoon to see what is the attraction about.

Might see you there ;)

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 11:25
I am sure no one in their right mind Will say buy for investment, personal collection more like it

kane
14-04-12, 12:11
Might see you there ;)

See you. Haha. My agent told me full house there right now.

gwlip
14-04-12, 12:14
Can anyone share the pricing?

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 12:19
Design concept of this project is everyone has a garden in compact living. You get your garden and CL gets their money with free GFA from URA. People buy with this in mind is alright.
Not sure if anyone earlier had posted this Facebook page of Sky Habitat - there's a video on this page showing how the model of the condo was built:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002615820713&ref=pymk#!/SkyHabitatCapitaland

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 12:20
Congrats! Nice concept for garden lover.

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 12:29
Jardin is also garden home? I would think it is a glamourous buy nothing to do with garden or not

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 12:35
Depends on facing for jardins. It is good for those units on the top few floors.
Jardin is also garden home? I would think it is a glamourous buy nothing to do with garden or not

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 12:38
April sales going to trigger cm6? Lol

ecimbew
14-04-12, 12:44
OMG! It's quite a sight.

hopeful
14-04-12, 12:54
Design concept of this project is everyone has a garden in compact living. You get your garden and CL gets their money with free GFA from URA. People buy with this in mind is alright. sorry, dont get your idea of garden in compact living. you mean owners plant big trees (as shown in the brochure) in that corner planter box? imo, that is unsafe, the roots are unable to support the above ground mass.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 12:56
Ask specialist from Nparks. They can share with you. ;)
sorry, dont get your idea of garden in compact living. you mean owners plant big trees (as shown in the brochure) in that corner planter box? imo, that is unsafe, the roots are unable to support the above ground mass.

latour
14-04-12, 13:16
Very interested leh, wat is the avg $/psf?

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 13:16
very interesting to compare this project with Archipelago ... 2br 830k very efficient layout home in the park nobody wants yet Sky Habitat is so hot ;) I think both about same distance to Marina Bay :beats-me-man:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/c/9/e/4/c9e42219319874_1_V550.jpg

KO

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/9/7/3/69732419480155_1_V550.jpg

http://skyhabitatapartment.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/sky-habitat-sales-kit14.jpg?w=1024&h=768

hopeful
14-04-12, 13:21
Ask specialist from Nparks. They can share with you. ;)
hehe, i am an avid gardener and (small) plantation owner and have seen my share of toppled palm trees.
hmmmm, wondering if tree topple and hit somebody, who is going to be responsible?
Developer will say "artist impression" only.

anyway, my prediction is like Basic's, trees will die (much sooner than later) and topple down, but as to the timing, :beats-me-man:.

chiaberry
14-04-12, 13:24
Agree regarding the efficient layout of Archipelago.

Their 1 bedder also not bad in terms of layout small aircon ledge that straddles the living and bedrooms. You don't even need to build a false ceiling to conceal air-con piping as you can have your fan/blowers very near to the air-con condenser. Just put in some lights, a few pieces of furniture and it's good to go.

It could be faster to the City currently from Archipelago and there is choice of both KPE and PIE (both equally accessible from that location).

The ambience is better (got greenery/reservoir in the backyard) NOT HDB/mosque.

Downside is that the walk to future MRT is longer compared to SH.

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 13:30
http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/cmsfileserver/showimageCC.aspx?300&450&f=1841&img=1841_561257.jpg

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/cmsfileserver/showimageCC.aspx?300&450&f=1841&img=1841_561256.jpg

rymccondo77
14-04-12, 13:37
I think this place will have good sales - heard from my colleague who stays in Clover by the Park that there are people offering around $1.8M for a unit there (he didn't say what unit type / size). Somehow, there are still many well to do Singaporeans (plus foreigners/PRs) who seem able to pay for the 'sky high' prices of Sky Habitat.

Though SH is not in CCR but it is near good schools and amenities which is a big selling point, and is considered close enough to town.

Eastboy
14-04-12, 14:10
geez....help...i am about to buy!!!! or not???!!!

hyenergix
14-04-12, 14:13

Buy! Today's price is dirt cheap compare to 20 years from now! :p

Why do you want to buy?

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 14:17
Properties are bought to bought to be kept, especially good ones in good locations. :D
Buy! Today's price is dirt cheap compare to 20 years from now! :p

Why do you want to buy?

dtrax
14-04-12, 14:21
Cheapest 1bedder 710sqft 1.1mil
Cheapest 2bedder from 15xx Psf, 1.3+mil

yowetan
14-04-12, 14:21
I am keen to buy. How much is 1 and 2 bedder?

Is my household income 7k++ with 2k+ rental good enough to support the 1/2 bedder configuration?

hyenergix
14-04-12, 14:22
Properties are bought to bought to be kept, especially good ones in good locations. :D

99LH and at this price leh... Sub-sale and rental will be challenging in the next 5 years. Can keep meh? Got much better buys elsewhere...

hyenergix
14-04-12, 14:23
Cheapest 1bedder 710sqft 1.1mil
Cheapest 2bedder from 15xx Psf, 1.3+mil

Mind-blowing. My property nearby will huat! I will go down to take a look today!

Kenshinto80
14-04-12, 14:27
Why don't you buy Clover by the Park? This Sky Habitat looks nice and nearer to shopping mall n MRT but even at $1450psf, it is still very expensive. But if you have too much cash in bank, then buy bah. This will definitely be a unique and outstanding landmark in Bishan. Everyone of your friends and relatives will envy you.

Worsty
14-04-12, 14:30

Is my household income 7k++ with 2k+ rental good enough to support the 1/2 bedder configuration?

I don't want to discourage you but i earn more than your household, i am younger (30 going 31) than you, not married, no kids and i think the 2 bedder mortgage will be a little too steep for my liking over the next 30 years.

1 bedder is possible but it's really not advisable at your current income level.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 14:31
It is a generic statement and did not refer to this one.
99LH and at this price leh... Sub-sale and rental will be challenging in the next 5 years. Can keep meh? Got much better buys elsewhere...

Kenshinto80
14-04-12, 14:32

The income is only part of the consideration. Can share what is your monthly expenses? Also, how much savings you have right now? Is it enough to cover at least 6mths of your monthly expenses?

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 14:35
If buy for glamour just go lah

Eastboy
14-04-12, 14:36
Why don't you buy Clover by the Park? This Sky Habitat looks nice and nearer to shopping mall n MRT but even at $1450psf, it is still very expensive. But if you have too much cash in bank, then buy bah. This will definitely be a unique and outstanding landmark in Bishan. Everyone of your friends and relatives will envy you.

ya owning a piece of wonderful architecture is an investment. it's like buying art, really. ok, i'm sold.

yowetan
14-04-12, 14:39
I don't want to discourage you but i earn more than your household, i am younger (30 going 31) than you, not married, no kids and i think the 2 bedder mortgage will be a little too steep for my liking over the next 30 years.

1 bedder is possible but it's really not advisable at your current income level.

Oh you are very impressive; You alone making more than 7500SGD per month? What is your profession?

Thanks for the cautious advice.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 14:39
But the artist must be dead before the art becomes more valuable. So...?
ya owning a piece of wonderful architecture is an investment. it's like buying art, really. ok, i'm sold.

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 14:41
Liew mun Leong must be smiling now

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 14:42
Not uncommon. Have seen some graduates making this money after 2-3 years. They are probably 27 - 28 for guys.
Oh you are very impressive; You alone making more than 7500SGD per month? What is your profession?

Kenshinto80
14-04-12, 14:47
Hi Mate, for your information, Moshe Safdie is already 70yrs old.

Worsty

Just go for it man..you're more than capable to finance the monthly payments with your current portfolio.

The architecture is really grand. Keeping fingers crossed it'll turn out that way once it's constructed though. D leedon's concept and actual look is quite a distance away. Both under Capland so hope you took that into consideration.

Eastboy
aiyo moshe safdie no need to die la....his buildings all around the world have become icons....including LV marina bay http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/9/view/19258/moshe-safdie-peter-marino-louis-vuitton-island-maison-at-marina-bay-sands.html

yowetan
14-04-12, 14:49
The income is only part of the consideration. Can share what is your monthly expenses? Also, how much savings you have right now? Is it enough to cover at least 6mths of your monthly expenses?

Currently, I have the following commitments:

1. 2 infant kids - cost around 1000SGD per month
2. 1 car - installment + petrol + insurance + misc = 1500SGD per month
3. Life insurance (Whole family) - 1200SGD per month
4. Utilities + internet - 350SGD per month
5. Food + entertainment expenses - 800SGD per month
6. Misc - 500SGD per month
7. HDB installment - 1700SGD per month (CPF Clear 1000SGD)

That's all.

Total =

yowetan
14-04-12, 14:50
Not uncommon. Have seen some graduates making this money after 2-3 years. They are probably 27 - 28 for guys.

What are their profession by trade then?

ysyap
14-04-12, 14:52

That's all.

Total =Your food plus entertainment is only $800 SGD/mth? That is very disciplined of you... my family spends about $600/mth on grocery alone, not mentioning the occasional eat outs and don't even have entertainment yet... :cheers5:

Eastboy
14-04-12, 14:55
Your food plus entertainment is only $800 SGD/mth? That is very disciplined of you... my family spends about $600/mth on grocery alone, not mentioning the occasion eat out and don't even have entertainment yet... :cheers5:

i must learn to be more prudent and thrifty from you bros here...i spend about $800/mth just dining out on my OWN. :banghead:

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 14:55
Who is more famous? Sir Norman Foster, Maki or this one?

ysyap
14-04-12, 14:57
i must learn to be more prudent and thrifty from you bros here...i spend about $800/mth just dining out on my OWN. :banghead:Well if you are a regular eat out person, then you probably save big time on groceries lor.. just buy the normal stuff needed at home w/o food... :cheers5:

yowetan
14-04-12, 14:58
Your food plus entertainment is only $800 SGD/mth? That is very disciplined of you... my family spends about $600/mth on grocery alone, not mentioning the occasional eat outs and don't even have entertainment yet... :cheers5:

We are a simple family. Currently, I am bunking in my parents in my 5 room HDB, and renting out their old HDB at 2600SGD per month.

That is to say, my household income of 7K++ with 2.6K closing to 10k per month.

I like to invest SH 1 bedder to 2 bedders.

Kenshinto80
14-04-12, 15:00

That's all.

Total =
Hi Yowetan, you are blessed to have 2 kids. Wonderful. Based on your ability to break down your expenses effortlessly and the life insurance, I would say you are doing very well and extremely financial savvy. Accumulate more cash and wait for the right opportunity to strike. You are way ahead of many people on this forum. Also you would probably agree with me that wealth does not mean earning a rocket high monthly income. Some people can earn 10k per month n spend 10k....that is not wealth.

Worsty
14-04-12, 15:00

Job title's associate but really I do a bit of everything over in my firm which is a boutique fund house. From going over legal documents about new funds offering, advising clients on fund structure to save tax and/or abide by US Gapp or IFRS accounting rules, liasing with 3rd parties, auditors, present my firm's services to potential clients etc. Accounting and finance based.

My friends most who are lawyers or traders are doing far better financially. Trade off with the numbers of hours worked or stress level i guess. Can't really complain. Already better than most.

I think for your case, it's best to pay up your mortgage loan and save up for your kids studies. Stay debt free. Current prices are crazy and not sustainable. We're already amongst the top 10 most expensive country to live in. Easy weath through increase in property prices is a thing of the past. Don't get burnt just because others are diving in.

Most important is to be healthy, be in good company of friends and family and be financially stable which you are at the moment. Don't tilt the balance. This is how i see and play the life game. There's only so much one can bring to his grave.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 15:01
Does not matter as long as you are one of the better ones in the industry. It can be any industry. Did you see even people selling popiah can be successful to be a popiah king.
What are their profession by trade then?

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 15:05
It is about wealth creation with multiplier.
Hi Yowetan, you are blessed to have 2 kids. Wonderful. Based on your ability to break down your expenses effortlessly and the life insurance, I would say you are doing very well and extremely financial savvy. Accumulate more cash and wait for the right opportunity to strike. You are way ahead of many people on this forum. Also you would probably agree with me that wealth does not mean earning a rocket high monthly income. Some people can earn 10k per month n spend 10k....that is not wealth.

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:05
Job title's associate but really I do a bit of everything over in my firm which is a boutique fund house. From going over legal documents about new funds offering, advising clients on fund structure to save tax and/or abide by US Gapp or IFRS accounting rules, liasing with 3rd parties, auditors, present my firm's services to potential clients etc. Accounting and finance based.

My friends most who are lawyers or traders are doing far better financially. Trade off with the numbers of hours worked or stress level i guess. Can't really complain. Already better than most.

I think for your case, it's best to pay up your mortgage loan and save up for your kids studies. Stay debt free. Current prices are crazy and not sustainable. We're already amongst the top 10 most expensive country to live in. Easy weath through increase in property prices is a thing of the past. Don't get burnt just because others are diving in.

Most important is to be healthy, be in good company of friends and family and be financially stable which you are at the moment. Don't tilt the balance. This is how i see and play the life game. There's only so much one can bring to his grave.

Thanks for being truthful and geniune advice. I appreciate that.

I am trying to control my budgetary and make sure I have had enough to tide and thread through difficult times ahead.

silver023
14-04-12, 15:06
Does not matter as long as you are one of the better ones in the industry. It can be any industry. Did you see even people selling popiah can be successful to be a popiah king.

Or char siew? ;)

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:06

Thanks for the encouragement; I hope I am heading the right direction. The temptation these days are overwhelming.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 15:08
No one bites. So no go.
Or char siew? ;)

cartman
14-04-12, 15:18
i must learn to be more prudent and thrifty from you bros here...i spend about $800/mth just dining out on my OWN. :banghead:
holey crap, i spend more $4K/mth just on dining out :simmering:but less than $1K on grocery as don't know how to cook.

Rosegarden
14-04-12, 15:19

Dont they give first rights to directors, management and biz associates?

rymccondo77
14-04-12, 15:24

Perhaps he is the first customer other than the directors/management/biz associates to get his unit.

By the way, congrats to flagship74 for his purchase :cheers4:

ysyap
14-04-12, 15:26
We are a simple family. Currently, I am bunking in my parents in my 5 room HDB, and renting out their old HDB at 2600SGD per month.

I like to invest SH 1 bedder to 2 bedders.Your parents give you the whole 2.6k from rental or just a portion? Actually my family only me working. Your parents must be doubling up to take care of your kids (i'm assuming that) so that is already a blessing, or is it? Sometimes pursuing dreams can be very tempting but patience pays... now is still not the time to enter... sky habitat might be snatched up but how much higher can the price climb should you want to sell it in future? Same price as CCR? Who'll bite? :cheers5:

Xan
14-04-12, 15:27

I like to invest SH 1 bedder to 2 bedders.

Well you mentioned you had a combine income of 7+K and rental 2.6K = 10K and your overall spending is about 6.5K per month. which means you probably have savings around $3.5k per month.

Say if you buy the cheapest SH unit at 1.1mil.
You will probably go for 60%LTV (Since your hdb not fully paid off).
This means you need at least 420-450K of cash upfront to pay for the 40% and stamp duty.
But be warned and dont presume buying new launch just need 20% payment and thinking you can delay another 20% in another 1-2 years time.
This will be extremely dangerous.
Buy only if you can afford comfortably.

Not forgetting. your SH monthly installment (going by 30 yrs tenure and interest rate of 1.1% will still requires you to pay around 2.5k to 2.8k in cash monthly as your outstanding loan would be around 600+K)

Seems pretty stretch for your case. Do consider properly.

Above are just my rough estimation. For your consideration.

rymccondo77
14-04-12, 15:28
Thanks for the encouragement; I hope I am heading the right direction. The temptation these days are overwhelming.

Great to hear that you have young children - they are a blessing! Enjoy your children :) (IMO, this is far more important then trying to get a condo which one may not be able to afford).

ysyap
14-04-12, 15:29
holey crap, i spend more $4K/mth just on dining out :simmering:but less than $1K on grocery as don't know how to cook.What you do eat, man? :scared-5:

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 15:31
Why need 1k+ insurance monthly? All u need us ntuc Luv plan at no more than 200 per month

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:34
Your parents give you the whole 2.6k from rental or just a portion? Actually my family only me working. Your parents must be doubling up to take care of your kids (i'm assuming that) so that is already a blessing, or is it? Sometimes pursuing dreams can be very tempting but patience pays... now is still not the time to enter... sky habitat might be snatched up but how much higher can the price climb should you want to sell it in future? Same price as CCR? Who'll bite? :cheers5:

Yes, my parents are giving everything to us. You are also right that they help taking care of our kids.

Xan
14-04-12, 15:35
Why need 1k+ insurance monthly? All u need us ntuc Luv plan at no more than 200 per month

I guess for his case, 2 adults plus the 2 kids. yes, around 1K+ of insurance monthly.
For my case, I'm already paying $400 plus of insurance per month liao.

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:35
Well you mentioned you had a combine income of 7+K and rental 2.6K = 10K and your overall spending is about 6.5K per month. which means you probably have savings around $3.5k per month.

Say if you buy the cheapest SH unit at 1.1mil.
You will probably go for 60%LTV (Since your hdb not fully paid off).
This means you need at least 420-450K of cash upfront to pay for the 40% and stamp duty.
But be warned and dont presume buying new launch just need 20% payment and thinking you can delay another 20% in another 1-2 years time.
This will be extremely dangerous.
Buy only if you can afford comfortably.

Not forgetting. your SH monthly installment (going by 30 yrs tenure and interest rate of 1.1% will still requires you to pay around 2.5k to 2.8k in cash monthly as your outstanding loan would be around 600+K)

Seems pretty stretch for your case. Do consider properly.

Above are just my rough estimation. For your consideration.

I worked in the bank, and I am intending to get 90% using staff housing loan plan if and if only I am eligible, subjected to manager's approval.

ysyap
14-04-12, 15:36
Why need 1k+ insurance monthly? All u need us ntuc Luv plan at no more than 200 per monthDifferent types of insurance mah... from life insurance to education to hospitalization to accident to major illnesses to motor insurances... :D

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:37

The insurance premium covers my

1. Family (2 adults + 2 kids)
2. Parents (2 elders)
3. Housing insurance plan

What is NTUC LUV Plan?

Xan
14-04-12, 15:38
I worked in the bank, and I am intending to get 90% using staff housing loan plan if and if only I am eligible, subjected to manager's approval.

Seriously bro, dont play this kind of game (90% loan?? *faint*). Its a big "No" "No" to me. Not trying to pour cold water, but Very very scary.
Especially when kids comes into the picture.

jwong71
14-04-12, 15:43
maybe yowetan brudder know something which we do not know:D

all his posts are dying for a pte property purchase.

there's no stopping the charging bull.!

yaozong7
14-04-12, 15:44

90% loan and working in bank somemore? V risky leh.........give it a miss bro. Unless u working in a retrenchment proof job like mine! Joking, haha.......

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 15:46
Liew ML may be smiling but did you see him buying? He has cashed out a very good development in CBD and bought into his own development, Interlace, in 2009. His children bought some too. All these transactions are made note to shareholders.

Rosegarden
14-04-12, 15:46

Amidst all those boring square blocks, the urge to own something unique (at least in Sgp) and beautiful is overwhelming. It's a good selling point, but will there be enough of these buyers, like 500-ish....?

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:47
maybe yowetan brudder know something which we do not know:D

all his posts are dying for a pte property purchase.

there's no stopping!

I know I like Mount Sinai area. I want to enrol my kids into Henry Park Primary. I like greenary and serene places. I like high rise building as I can see the falling dawn horizon.

I know my household income is not impressive; I know I have a dream.
I know I have an ambition.

ysyap
14-04-12, 15:47
Yes, my parents are giving everything to us. You are also right that they help taking care of our kids.Count your blessings... My mum is helping my sis with her kid full time. My mum in law helps occasionally. As such, my wife needs to stay home with 3 young kids, fetching them to and from kindergarten, etc. Can easily get a sch near our place but decided to send to another place which is nearer to where we want to enrol our child for P1 soon therefore travel time is like an hour to and from kindergarten... So also need to have a domestic help with household chores. Extra cost here and there which your parents helped you saved... :cheers1: ;)

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:48
90% loan and working in bank somemore? V risky leh.........give it a miss bro. Unless u working in a retrenchment proof job like mine! Joking, haha.......

What's your trade then?

ysyap
14-04-12, 15:50
I know I like Mount Sinai area. I want to enrol my kids into Henry Park Primary. I like greenary and serene places. I like high rise building as I can see the falling dawn horizon.

I know I have an ambition.Your household income is impressive, already more than many other households in Singapore... don't always compare with the rich.... sometimes also can compare with the poor and know how fortunate you are... :cheers4:

radha08
14-04-12, 15:51

just like fine wine good property will appreciate...dont worry just make sure you got holding power...i mean for that bottle of fine wine...cos if u dont the bottle of wine will drop and break...:D

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 15:52
Is this sufficient? I did not know that my family and I are so heavily insured.

radha08
14-04-12, 15:53

hope he not related to oSaMa....:D:D:D

jwong71
14-04-12, 15:53

is good to dream, but don't dream out of ur horizon reach..

im in a better position than u, single 33+yrs old guy, close to 140k cpf, and spare cash lying around. total with zero loans.
a 5er and altis all paid-up.

bunk-in with parents. i dream within my means,don't involve with many parties

good and carefree lifestyle, got chance then hoot.

radha08
14-04-12, 15:54
hope he not related to oSaMa....:D:D:D
both got a thing for tall buildings...:D:D:D

radha08
14-04-12, 15:55

im in a better position than u, single 33+yrs old guy, close to 140k cpf, and spare cash lying around. total with zero loans.

get married dude then u can hoot double the amount...urggh and maybe kena hoot by ur wife also...:doh::D;)

yowetan
14-04-12, 15:55

What is a 5er? You have a good career then.

radha08
14-04-12, 15:57
Your food plus entertainment is only $800 SGD/mth? That is very disciplined of you... my family spends about $600/mth on grocery alone, not mentioning the occasional eat outs and don't even have entertainment yet... :cheers5:

mine $800pm...maybe cos include my 2 dogs...:cheers5::D

radha08
14-04-12, 15:59
What you do eat, man? :scared-5:

abalone--breakfast
..sharksfin.--lunch..
buddha jump over the wall..--dinner

..dunno bout supper...:D:D:D

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 15:59
Yup! Fine properties are not like fine wine that can be broken unless it is in the natural disaster zones like earthquake, tsunami, typhoon, bush fire, etc. So beware of properties in tsunami prone area like japan, penang, phuket; sinking bangkok; earthquake area like new zealand; indonesia,: serious flooding in parts of australia, bushfire ...
just like fine wine good property will appreciate...dont worry just make sure you got holding power...i mean for that bottle of fine wine...cos if u dont the bottle of wine will drop and break...:D

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:00

i started invest cpf monies in 2004, funds related to china. don't know wad funds blar blar..

career nothing impressive, in mid of switching career alrdy soon. to marine.

Xan

Everyone has a dream.
How I wish I can retire before 50. or even earlier.
I believe in leveraging. I consider myself a bull (in terms of property investment or other forms of investment) but a bull also cannot charge until like that lah.
I visited my uncle's penthouse at Tanjong Rhu that overlooks the singapore flyer.
I visited another of his condo - MBR that overlooks the entire MBS.
But I know my limitation and while I have a dream, I need to know I'm still living in reality.
Do it slowly bro....

radha08
Yup! Fine properties are not like fine wine that can be broken unless it is in the natural disaster zones like earthquake, tsunami, typhoon, bush fire, etc. So beware of properties in tsunami prone area like japan, penang, phuket; sinking bangkok; earthquake area like new zealand; indonesia,: serious flooding in parts of australia, bushfire ...

ya la singapore no need worry whole world parking money here cos of safety/good governance/security...the list goes on and on...;)

ysyap
14-04-12, 16:01
get married dude then u can hoot double the amount...urggh and maybe kena hoot by ur wife also...:doh::D;)My colleague's wife has the mentality that she is to marry a rich guy and stay home to enjoy life and waiting to spend the money you earn... :scared-3: No no to this type of wife unless you are too rich and don't know where to spend your money... :)

radha08
14-04-12, 16:01
bmw 5 series..my guess...:confused::p

yowetan
14-04-12, 16:02
i started invest cpf monies in 2004, funds related to china. don't know wad funds blar blar..

career nothing impressive, in mid of switching career alrdy soon. to marine.

Pardon me, what is 5er?

Do you own a property now?

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:02
Look for opportunity to make your $ work harder for you. Money will devalue with time. $1mil in 10 years later cannot buy so much things. Look at all the printing of money in US and Euros.

ysyap
14-04-12, 16:03
abalone--breakfast
..sharksfin.--lunch..
buddha jump over the wall..--dinner

..dunno bout supper...:D:D:DSharksfin for lunch not filling... must plus plus plus.. :)

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:05
Must find the right spouse. Spouse can also be a liability to you.
get married dude then u can hoot double the amount...urggh and maybe kena hoot by ur wife also...:doh::D;)

ysyap
14-04-12, 16:05

career nothing impressive, in mid of switching career alrdy soon. to marine.Oh yes... recently the maritime industry is picking up man... good choice...

Well I also share similar sentiments as you... your current job must never tie you down, i.e. you have to work like a dog all your life to pay your mortgage, loans, etc... it is only a supplementary income... but while you work towards that type of lifestyle, you must still work hard lor... me not born with golden spoon in mouth so start from the v v bottom... :rolleyes:

ysyap
14-04-12, 16:06
Look for opportunity to make your $ work harder for you. Money will devalue with time. $1mil in 10 years later cannot buy so much things. Look at all the printing of money in US and Euros.While you try to make money work hard for you, make sure you are investing in the right place... wait work work work till all gone! :scared-4: :D

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:07
Pardon me, what is 5er?

Do you own a property now?

nope.. cash out..

upgrading myself now to get my desire job..:doh:

ysyap
14-04-12, 16:08
Must find the right spouse. Spouse can also be a liability to you.Oh yes... my colleague now have to work real hard to not only support his family plus parents but wife demands this and that, etc... :doh: must spend money to let her learn car then buy car for her. All the money she earn she keeps and don't spend on household bills, etc. :scared-4:

radha08
14-04-12, 16:11
Sharksfin for lunch not filling... must plus plus plus.. :)

bro with his budget he can plus x 10...:D

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:11
Must have multiple source of income besides the pay from job. Money not enough even making more than 5 digits monthly income.
While you try to make money work hard for you, make sure you are investing in the right place... wait work work work till all gone! :scared-4: :D

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:13
Fortunate to find a spouse who share the same dream of preserving and creating wealth for the family. This is my most important decision that I made so far in my life.
Oh yes... my colleague now have to work real hard to not only support his family plus parents but wife demands this and that, etc... :doh: must spend money to let her learn car then buy car for her. All the money she earn she keeps and don't spend on household bills, etc. :scared-4:

ysyap
14-04-12, 16:18
Must have multiple source of income besides the pay from job. Money not enough even making more than 5 digits monthly income.Agreed on having multiple source of income... passive income luggi best... :cheers5:

ysyap
14-04-12, 16:19
Fortunate to find a spouse who share the same dream of preserving and creating wealth for the family. This is my most important decision that I made so far in my life.Well done.. :)

yaozong7
14-04-12, 16:19
What's your trade then?

Hehe, lets just say I can be "replaced" in my current job, but not "retrenched", unlike banking which is quite risky now...... Think carefully wor.....

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:20
Started having it and once accumulates enough can go for early retirement and do things that I really like to do. ;)
Agreed on having multiple source of income... passive income luggi best... :cheers5:

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:21
Look for opportunity to make your $ work harder for you. Money will devalue with time. $1mil in 10 years later cannot buy so much things. Look at all the printing of money in US and Euros.

opportunties will be around, if one can spot it.. changing a good paid job can be one, invest in stocks aso as one etc etc...

why buy 1 now, when i can buy 3 in time to come??

it can be 1 hdb, 2 pte condos..
as long its cheap, be it a hdb, carpark lot or condo...

yowetan
Hehe, lets just say I can be "replaced" in my current job, but not "retrenched", unlike banking which is quite risky now...... Think carefully wor.....

Pardon me of my ignorance; I do not know what's your trade.

Rosegarden
Oh yes... my colleague now have to work real hard to not only support his family plus parents but wife demands this and that, etc... :doh: must spend money to let her learn car then buy car for her. All the money she earn she keeps and don't spend on household bills, etc. :scared-4:

Must be a physically very attractive woman.....:p

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 16:22
Started having it and once accumulates enough can go for early retirement and do things that I really like to do. ;)

How much is enough to retire right now? ;)

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:23
Must be a physically very attractive woman.....:p

her "kungfu" must be superb:D

Xan
14-04-12, 16:25

At least 1.5 mil cash with 2 prop fully paid off.
One for rent and one for self stay.
Can work part time security guard.Semi retire.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:31
You are right but not sure that day will come. Just to qualify, I have stopped buying local properties since 3 years ago. Last purchase was just after lethman. I have the similar thinking when I first go into property investment. The question was: "How can property prices increase with the falling birthrate and ageing population? The demand for housing should not be so hot." Things change with the sudden surge of people in the last couple years. Looking forward, the population will increase in s'pore not through birth rate but with influx of people. Garment have spend Billion of $ in infrastruture for a population of 6.5-6.8 mil people. Don't ask me how I know.
opportunties will be around, if one can spot it.. changing a good paid job can be one, invest in stocks aso as one etc etc...

why buy 1 now, when i can buy 3 in time to come??

it can be 1 hdb, 2 pte condos..
as long its cheap, be it a hdb, carpark lot or condo...

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:35
Are you asking the needs or wants? It varies quite a bit on what is your lifestyle and wants.

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:36
You are right but not sure that day will come. Just to qualify, I have stopped buying local properties since 3 years ago. Last purchase was just after lethman. I have the similar thinking when I first go into property investment. The question was: "How can property prices increase with the falling birthrate and ageing population? The demand for housing should not be so hot." Things change with the sudden surge of people in the last couple years. Looking forward, the population will increase in s'pore not through birth rate but with influx of people. Garment have spend Billion of $ in infrastruture for a population of 6.5-6.8 mil people. Don't ask me how I know.

i was thinking, how can a boat hold up so many investors/buyers/hiong kais/uncle aunties not doing their proper sums. without capsizing one day..

maybe the recent replay of titanic, big boat won't sink huh..:D

the thought of it sent chill into my spine..

to increase the influx of pple, miw through ge election alrdy got their best answer...

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:37
How is the crowd now in SH? Maybe will be on the news as mediacorp is just round the corner.

new2mondrian
14-04-12, 16:38
Hey, anyone gone down to SH showflat yet? How's the response thus far? Selling like hotcakes or swatting flies???

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:39
How is the crowd now in SH? Maybe will be on the news as mediacorp is just round the corner.

hearsay from agent's fb. crowd is like at bedok residences launch..

new2mondrian
14-04-12, 16:39
i was thinking, how can a boat hold up so many investors/buyers/hiong kais/uncle aunties not doing their proper sums. without capsizing one day..

to increase the influx of pple, miw through ge election alrdy got their best answer...

Haha u forgot one thing - the huge influx of aunties/uncles who cashed out on their pension/CPF; but having a deep distrust of banks and fund managers after lehman fiasco...

new2mondrian
14-04-12, 16:41
hearsay from agent's fb. crowd is like at bedok residences launch..
Wow thanks... They are there just to look, or also to buy?!!!

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:42
Haha u forgot one thing - the huge influx of aunties/uncles who cashed out on their pension/CPF; but having a deep distrust of banks and fund managers after lehman fiasco...

one can be rich in cpf, but

one can fall if mis-calculate the sum

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:43
I am not so worried about uncles and aunties. I am more worried about the huge tsunami from the credit bubble looming in the world. Do not underestimate uncles and aunties. S'porean will have no choice but to invite them some day. Anyway, this proposed plan is for 10 years later.

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 16:45
About insurance ... other than the usual CPF DPS & NTUC income shield which can be paid by CPF, assuming 2 adults and one kid, one working only:

NTUC LUV family plan covers life, TPD, critical illness up to $200k, $100 per month

AIA Family accident which covers the non-TPD cases $54 per month

Additional 200k life/TPD/critical illness TERM for non-working spouse: S$100 per month (so non-working spouse has $400k protection for life/TPD/critical illness)

Additional 600k life/TPD, 380k critical illness TERM for sole income earner = $150 per month

< $500 per month even if factor in mortgage insurance

if you combine everything ... the sole income earner has about 1 million life/TPD protection, 580k critical illness ... more than enough liao

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:49

my agent sold, don't know how many units.

i won't be surprised,if sold plenty.

decades ago. pple buy bishan becos of the famous schools around..
before toa payoh was famous for its centrally location, bishan was the 1st then..

* i do heard from a mortgage banker, she told me in 1996 a hongkie bgt a bishan hdb close to 1mio.. don't know real or not.

new2mondrian
14-04-12, 16:51
my agent sold, don't know how many units.

i won't be surprised,if sold plenty.

decades ago. pple buy bishan becos of the famous schools around..
before toa payoh was famous for its centrally location, bishan was the 1st then..

Bishan is RCR, or OCR???

jwong71
14-04-12, 16:52
I am not so worried about uncles and aunties. I am more worried about the huge tsunami from the credit bubble looming in the world. Do not underestimate uncles and aunties. S'porean will have no choice but to invite them some day. Anyway, this proposed plan is for 10 years later.

as expected the plan is being shelved off.
probably after the 2016 ge election, and monitor again..

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:52
18000 sqft of showroom with large models should be able to convince quite a lot of those buyers sitting on the fence.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 16:54
It is not shelved completely. They are still coming in but at drips and drops. The current scheme to attract PRs with more than $10mil is not being replaced by another scheme with different criteria.
as expected the plan is being shelved off.
probably after the 2016 ge election, and monitor again..

kane
14-04-12, 17:06
Just got back, the showrooms are packed like fish market. The sizes are all pretty good.the price lagi more stunning.

But i'm impressed by the layout.

jwong71
14-04-12, 17:09
Just got back, the showrooms are packed like fish market. The sizes are all pretty good.the price lagi more stunning.

i think most here wanna know the % sold out units

bakasa2002
14-04-12, 17:11
heard 2bdr going for 1.6mil and 3bdr fr 1.9mil b4 discount! In Bishan, that's quite a figure! :)

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 17:13
What about the finishes and appliances? How long you got to wait before getting into the showflat? Any photos?

jwong71
14-04-12, 17:14

market is hot, cos even young beng punks chip in to share buying a property. over a wedding dinner i heard etc 2 years ago..

at this rate going.. u know what the buyers profile.

Edmund Toh
14-04-12, 17:16
Promotional Home Loan Package for

Sky Habitat @ Bishan

Year 01: 1 or 3 Months SIBOR + 0.65%

Year 02: 1 or 3 Months SIBOR + 0.65%
Year 03: 1 or 3 Months SIBOR +0.75%
Year 04: 1 or 3 Months SIBOR +0.75%
Thereafter: 1 or 3 Months SIBOR +1.00%

2 Years Fire Insurance

Property agent enjoys exlusive agent referral fees:
f the loan amount, max. $5k 5% of the loan amount, max. $5k

*Bonus incentive of up to $1,888New!
(Limited to the 1st 100 loans accepted by 31 May 2012)

Tiered according to loan size

For loan size Bonus incentive

Below $1million:$888
$1million to below $1.5million: $1,488
$1.5 million and above: $1,888

-Payable on top of the usual agent referral fee. For example: Agent refers a $1.6million loan. He will receive $2,688 (usual $800 referral fee + $1,888 bonus incentive)

Edmund Toh
Personal Financial Manager

( Hp:+65 8128 9449

testtest
14-04-12, 17:16

heard no car park beside showroom, true?

new2mondrian
14-04-12, 17:19
market is hot, cos even young beng punks chip in to share buying a property. over a wedding dinner i heard etc 2 years ago..

at this rate going.. u know what the buyers profile.

Yeah.... I have friends who tell me it doesn't matter that they do not have 40% in cash/cpf for the second property. Since they are huying from developer, it takes 3-4 years to TOP. By their existing income/savings projections, they will have enuf by the time it TOP. Faint...

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 17:24
That is why the CMs have moved buyers towards new launches eventhough they are selling them now at future prices (not sure when?).
Yeah.... I have friends who tell me it doesn't matter that they do not have 40% in cash/cpf for the second property. Since they are huying from developer, it takes 3-4 years to TOP. By their existing income/savings projections, they will have enuf by the time it TOP. Faint...

kane
14-04-12, 17:31
No idea on % sold. Saw a few pieces of options dished out when I was there.

No carpark next to showroom, have to walk from hdb carpark.

And no need to queue to go in but just need to squeeze with people in the mock up showflat.

jwong71
14-04-12, 17:33
That is why the CMs have moved buyers towards new launches eventhough they are selling them now at future prices (not sure when?).

so if crash, new ones crash more bo.??:D

more than resale?

teddybear
14-04-12, 17:37
Another case! :p

Just verified that what I said is true:D

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 17:38
It is quite obvious as they are written everywhere, especially those in OCR at crazy price.
so if crash, new ones crash more bo.??:D

more than resale?

carbuncle
14-04-12, 17:41

See. I was right on about their buy first pay later credit card culture attitude.!!

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 17:44
Those with credit card limit of $100,000 each month can pay downpayment immediately.
See. I was right on about their buy first pay later credit card culture attitude.!!

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 17:47
New sales is futures market, when bullish tends to command premium over resale market, remember ppl may project that their income is higher 4y later, does sg garmen dare to bar ppl from buying like in china?

phantom_opera
14-04-12, 17:48
Those with credit card limit of $100,000 each month can pay downpayment immediately.
Really? u mean the first 5 percent or even the subsequent 35%?

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 17:49
Do it indirectly with more CMs.
New sales is futures market, when bullish tends to command premium over resale market, remember ppl may project that their income is higher 4y later, does sg garmen dare to bar ppl from buying like in china?

Adva181
14-04-12, 17:54

U reminds me when I 1st bought my PC. Nothing can stop the charging bull n I have to max to dp 400k. Taking 90% loan is a big no no esp with ur family commitment. I earn >400k pa n hold 4 properties but I am still not comfy to get one more.

jwong71
14-04-12, 17:54

update from agent's fb

Average $1700psf..above #26 abt $1800 average

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 17:57
Wow! This is equivalent to a FH resale condo in D1.
update from agent's fb

shauntanzs
14-04-12, 18:00
Wow! This is equivalent to a FH resale condo in D1.

FH in D1??? You mean 999yrs bah.
Only Robinson suites which is not completed is in D1 and at >$2500psf

hyenergix
14-04-12, 18:01
No carpark is confirmed. Raining n tp waiting to book. I u turned n moved off.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 18:03
Your are fast. You spotted it before I could change to LH999. Just as good as FH and larger than RS.
FH in D1??? You mean 999yrs bah.
Only Robinson suites which is not completed is in D1 and at >$2500psf

teddybear
14-04-12, 18:04
No definite answer as to whether 5th floor is better than 2nd floor or 7th floor better than 3rd floor. But definitely something like 15th floor and above is high enough to be away from the traffic noise better all the 1-14th floors (as a rule of thumb).... :p

so looks like there is no definite answer on which floor levels are not as affected by traffic noise?:confused:

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 18:06
This $psf is also equivalent to a resale LH99 condo above 30floors with a view to flyer and kallang basin. Amazing.
update from agent's fb

shauntanzs
14-04-12, 18:07
Your are fast. You spotted it before I could change to LH999. Just as good as FH and larger than RS.

Cool... Cheers...
I knew it's just a quick typo error from u...
You are season investor lor...

shauntanzs
14-04-12, 18:08
This $psf is also equivalent to a resale LH99 condo above 30floors with a view to flyer and kallang basin. Amazing.

I like ur SB n EG... Keep them, u bought at good price. Cheers

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 18:10
Properties are bought to be kept especially the good ones. So do you. :)
I like ur SB n EG... Keep them, u bought at good price. Cheers

shauntanzs
14-04-12, 18:14
Properties are bought to be kept especially the good ones. So do you. :)

We have same taste, D7 n D1. Hahaha....
D1 no need to argue more. D7 has lots of potential...

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 18:17
Can wait for it to come. Southbeach is in the making and follow by the large plots at kallang basin. Another mrt station in a new line is also coming. :D
We have same taste, D7 n D1. Hahaha....
D1 no need to argue more. D7 has lots of potential...

shauntanzs
14-04-12, 18:34
Can wait for it to come. Southbeach is in the making and follow by the large plots at kallang basin. Another mrt station in a new line is also coming. :D

U forget to mention keypoint n M+S plot mix use project.

yowetan
14-04-12, 18:58
U reminds me when I 1st bought my PC. Nothing can stop the charging bull n I have to max to dp 400k. Taking 90% loan is a big no no esp with ur family commitment. I earn >400k pa n hold 4 properties but I am still not comfy to get one more.

You are a high flyer. I am just an ordinary Singaporean. We are of different league to begin with.

cartman
14-04-12, 19:00
What you do eat, man? :scared-5:

usually restaurants...2 persons average 100+-200+, recent highest was at cuts for two, more than $800.

my SO just said i do not know how much i spend, dining out is more than $5-6K/mth, no way its just 4K. no wonder my bank balances did not seem to grow much :doh:

really must learn to practise good financial discipline...

cartman
14-04-12, 19:06
At least 1.5 mil cash with 2 prop fully paid off.
One for rent and one for self stay.
Can work part time security guard.Semi retire.
you sure? i have more than that in the banks but still dare not buy property...something must be wrong with me then. i need help...

cartman
14-04-12, 19:07
so what's the conclusion? property prices will surpass current record levels for ocrs?

Lovelle
14-04-12, 19:10
how much i shld sell my bishanloft?

cartman
14-04-12, 19:12
unfortunately or not, such folks have made tons of money in the property market the past decades. sure, some have fallen, but majority made it. kiasi folks like me want to be make sure have enough cash to pay in full before buying always lose out.

but of course, better not to jump in at the peak lah if one can time the market

radha08
14-04-12, 19:19
Bishan is RCR, or OCR???

dunno but once upon aa time it used to be RIP...:D :scared-1: :D

radha08
14-04-12, 19:20
how much i shld sell my bishanloft?

500psf...i buy...:D :D :D

lufu
14-04-12, 19:21

Louis Vuitton Island Maison was also by Moshe Safdie. Legend !!!
The architectural design for Sky Habitat alone is priceless. :D

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/images/images_2/lauren/louis%20vuitton%20island%20maison/lv04.jpg

Buy ! :cheers5:

azeoprop
14-04-12, 19:50
dunno but once upon aa time it used to be RIP...:D :scared-1: :D

View of bishan in 1972. :)
http://remembersingapore.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/kampong-san-theng-1972.jpg

lufu
14-04-12, 20:00
Bishan is RCR, or OCR???

Bishan is RCR

radha08
14-04-12, 20:04

he he...any way to hack sky habitat website and link that pic...:D :D :D

lufu
14-04-12, 20:11

It was very crowded this afternoon. No parking. Got to park at nearby HDB and coupon aunty actively prowling the place.

Even had LTA enforcement along the road.

Discount is 3% off list price for Stamp Duty
+1% for resident in Toa Payoh or Bishan
+1% if parent/grand parent living in Toa Payoh or Bishan

Max of 5%. Must show IC or/and produce proof to get the other 2%.

According to Agent Capitaland is very sticky about discount. 3% is only valid for today and Tomorrow Sunday. Which may be true since D'Leedon until today they are also not giving 3% stamp duty discount. :doh:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1754/img1429xl.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/img1429xl.jpg/)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6701/img1428p.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/img1428p.jpg/)

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1979/img1427g.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/img1427g.jpg/)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1355/img1426a.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/img1426a.jpg/)

stl67
14-04-12, 20:15
there was a small cinema (no air con type) in kampong san theng.
My school near there.

lufu
14-04-12, 20:17
he he...any way to hack sky habitat website and link that pic...:D :D :D

and end up in Jail under Computer Misuse Act. and help Capitaland drum up more publicity?

If you find it too expensive just let it pass.
If you hope for a major crash, start a new thread basically.

DKSG
14-04-12, 20:19
Hi Lufu!

Any update on the number of units sold ?

Glad to have constructive forumers like yourself!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

lufu
14-04-12, 20:23
Price list before the maximum 5% discount

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6834/img1440js.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/img1440js.jpg/)

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7065/img1439m.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/img1439m.jpg/)

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2985/img1438er.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/img1438er.jpg/)

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9350/img1435qw.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/img1435qw.jpg/)

lufu
14-04-12, 20:26
Hi Lufu!

Any update on the number of units sold ?

Glad to have constructive forumers like yourself!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

according to the Agent, over 80 units have been sold. No way of verifying if this is true.

august
14-04-12, 20:27
it will be a towering monolith!

azeoprop
14-04-12, 20:30
1+ study #02-02 already over 1mil :scared-1:

I rather get 1+study 368 thomson subsale. :scared-1:

yowetan
14-04-12, 20:30
I wish I can afford.

azeoprop
14-04-12, 20:33