PDA

View Full Version : Property market sentiments 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

proper-t
30-05-11, 17:21
Landed is gd....but prices now too much to swallow oredi...and i m a sour grape....

Shall grab one in future:)

But you are shedevil chiobu....just hook that bachelor with the big siglap bungalow lor......half the bungalow is yours !!!:spliff:

ysyap
30-05-11, 17:32
But you are shedevil chiobu....just hook that bachelor with the big siglap bungalow lor......half the bungalow is yours !!!:spliff:That $100 000 000 ppty? Nice!

hopeful
30-05-11, 17:49

Another more important point to note, almost all our ministers and policy makers stay in landed. enough said.....

is it because of security concerns and convenience that they stay in landed?
I can't imagine building a guard post in common area in front of their unit?
Also when they enter lift, they have to drive out the other occupants......like that lose votes :tongue3:.
So landed more convenient and more privacy for them i think.

ysyap
30-05-11, 17:54
is it because of security concerns and convenience that they stay in landed?
I can't imagine building a guard post in common area in front of their unit?
Also when they enter lift, they have to drive out the other occupants......like that lose votes :tongue3:.
So landed more convenient and more privacy for them i think.aka rich... :D

wind30
30-05-11, 18:21
2. There are some very sought after housing estates in OCR like Serangoon gardens etc which has a pleasant community. You will be surprised how liquid some of the properties are there.

seragoon gardens got pleasant community meh??? unless you consider the blangah dormitory as pleasant community. I think that estate is one of the worst. Narrow roads. Messy layout. Lots of units. So many that you can get jam trying to get into the estate from certain roads.

I used to live in Kensington Park (which is right beside serangoon gardens) for some years so I know that estate pretty well.

DaytonaSS
30-05-11, 19:11
There are only 15k marriages per year in SG. And KBW is building 25,000 HDB flats per year. This means even if EVERY new couple buy a new HDB flat (which is unlikely as some will buy private as they exceed income ceiling and some will buy resale), there will still be 10k excess HDB flat every year. There is definitely an OVERSUPPLY looming. The oversupply is astounding, easily 40% greater than maximum demand :) Please don't be fooled by the oversubscription numbers - a lot of couples just try their luck everywhere since its only $10 subscription fees - the rejection rate when it comes to selection is very high.

HDB should just bar PR from buying HDB flats instead of building ghost-towns. If these PRS are indeed "talents", please buy from the private market and not compete with Singaporeans for public subsidised housing.

I'm referring to oversupply of the NEW flats lah. PR cannot buy direct from HDB leh. There are only 15k marriages a year, based on history, only 70% buy HDB direct from HDB, it means demand is only 10k demand is for new HDB flats. This is a hard number. Not rocket science. Assuming we build 25k per year, the oversupply is 25k-10k = 15k. Even if we assume every single new marriage subscribes to a new flat (which is IMPOSSIBLE becos some will exceed income ceiling or want to be near parents and not in Pasir Ris and Tampines where all the new flats are), there is still an oversupply of 25k-15k = 10k per annum. Unless one can prove that there is massive backlog which I don't think so.

There will not be overdemand. Unless u tell me Singaporeans suddenly all decide to get married and the no. of marriages a year jump from 15k to 30k :) Remember - only married people can buy HDB flats.

WOW u are good!! Let me go dig out this chart to correct your sentiment based on facts and your "variable" of 10k demand per year. If we start calculating from 2003, even at 25k per year(meaning 15k excess every year). The demand can only be fulfilled only after 3.5 years. There is presently 51986 units back log since 2003 assuming losely on demand 10k every year and those demand not being meet for last 7 years.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/A3Silvereye/housing-supply1.jpg

hyenergix
30-05-11, 21:06
But you are shedevil chiobu....just hook that bachelor with the big siglap bungalow lor......half the bungalow is yours !!!:spliff:

Devilplate is a lady :confused:

teddybear
30-05-11, 21:22
See that is the problem. What they say "Singaporeans", they mean "Citizens + PRs"? To have foreigners (non-PRs) having 6.3% buying landed isn't that a very bigger number when they are not supposed to allow buy except under special granted permission by URA? :beats-me-man:
And we have not even included foreign-born citizens converted just to buy landed but heard many unoficially still holding on to a dual citizenship. :banghead:

Dude, not an assumption but fact.....

Not so easy to get approval.....checkout out the stats in quotes below .

For 1st half of 2010, only 6.6% of all landed deals bought by foreigners. It has in fact gone down from 8% in 2007 and the all-time high of 9% in 1997.

Historically, more than 90% of all landed deals are still bought by Singaporeans. Foreigners hardly play in this arena.....

Quote:
The Knight Frank report also shows their share(foreigners) of total landed home purchases in Singapore climbing from 6.3 per cent in January to about 7 per cent in April to June – just below an 8 per cent share in Q1 2007 and Q2 2008.
In the first half of 2010, foreigners bought 150 landed properties, making up about 6.6 per cent of landed home deals in the period.
The share has ranged from 3 per cent in 1996 to 9 per cent in 1995 and 1997, annually.

thomastansb
30-05-11, 21:44
That is what the citizens want isn't it? Everyone complaining high prices so let it crash lor. We will see a repeat of dead property market like 2000 to 2006 where there are many many HDB left unsold. If coincide with an economic crisis which is likely, then can go shopping already. You will see skysuite selling 500k and orchard at 1,500 psf.

WOW u are good!! Let me go dig out this chart to correct your sentiment based on facts and your "variable" of 10k demand per year. If we start calculating from 2003, even at 25k per year(meaning 15k excess every year). The demand can only be fulfilled only after 3.5 years. There is presently 51986 units back log since 2003 assuming losely on demand 10k every year and those demand not being meet for last 7 years.

ysyap
30-05-11, 21:49
Devilplate is a lady :confused:Go ask Blackjack 21 trader... he started it... :D

linchong84
30-05-11, 21:58
Go ask Blackjack 21 trader... he started it... :D

I don't believe a charbo will post >8000 posts within 1 year haha..

ysyap
30-05-11, 22:06
I don't believe a charbo will post >8000 posts within 1 year haha..Haven't u heard? A woman's average number of words a day > a man's average. :spliff:

devilplate
30-05-11, 22:07
I don't believe a charbo will post >8000 posts within 1 year haha..
Y? Gender discrimination?:confused: :beats-me-man: :p

Geylang OKT
30-05-11, 22:36
Run for your lives! The crash is coming! :D :D :D

AK47
30-05-11, 22:42
Damn! Looking at the chart, with 25k units for 2 years we are still far short! Agree we need to run this number for a few more years just to clear the backlog.

The population increase in 07/08 was crazy. I wonder what the F was MBT doing during his term. Only started ramming up supply this year.

proper-t
31-05-11, 00:12
See that is the problem. What they say "Singaporeans", they mean "Citizens + PRs"? To have foreigners (non-PRs) having 6.3% buying landed isn't that a very bigger number when they are not supposed to allow buy except under special granted permission by URA? :beats-me-man:
And we have not even included foreign-born citizens converted just to buy landed but heard many unoficially still holding on to a dual citizenship. :banghead:

Aiyoh..:doh: ..the knight frank report is very clear. You don't believe, go and ask Kah Seng. The data they used is from URA Realis which differentiates between citizens, PRs and foreigners.

The 6.6% foreign buyers are made up of both foreigners and PRs. The 93.4% buyers are pure citizens.

Next. you'll probably say that out of 93.4% buyers of landed, the bulk are foreign converted citizens. Please show me some hard cold facts.

Anyway, here's an interesting fact - A teddy bear's head is usually stuffed with cotton or fluff.

FYI, when a foreigner converts to Singaporean, he/she has to surrender their passport to immigration. ICA also communicates with the immigration of their former country. Dual citizenship ??? maybe if you are James bond or a foreign spy.

azeoprop
31-05-11, 01:04
Dark days in 2013/2014? :beats-me-man:

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/Singapore-Property-Market-cnbcwp-3875703083.html?x=0

proud owner
31-05-11, 02:06
Aiyoh..:doh: ..the knight frank report is very clear. You don't believe, go and ask Kah Seng. The data they used is from URA Realis which differentiates between citizens, PRs and foreigners.

The 6.6% foreign buyers are made up of both foreigners and PRs. The 93.4% buyers are pure citizens.

Next. you'll probably say that out of 93.4% buyers of landed, the bulk are foreign converted citizens. Please show me some hard cold facts.

Anyway, here's an interesting fact - A teddy bear's head is usually stuffed with cotton or fluff.

FYI, when a foreigner converts to Singaporean, he/she has to surrender their passport to immigration. ICA also communicates with the immigration of their
former country. Dual citizenship ??? maybe if you are James bond or a foreign spy.

Aiyo.

I know of so many Singapore born citizen holding dual passports. Some even have 3 passports.

hopeful
31-05-11, 05:20
FYI, when a foreigner converts to Singaporean, he/she has to surrender their passport to immigration. ICA also communicates with the immigration of their former country. Dual citizenship ??? maybe if you are James bond or a foreign spy.

thought told forummers before PRs from 3rd world countries will want Singapore citizenship.
Lets use example of Indonesia. For ordinary folks who convert to Singaporean, to get Indonesian "citizenship" back, start the ball rolling by getting documentation back from remote villages where it is offline. From there, can get everything except for passport.

anyway, can try to be economic citizenship of St Kitts. They will make you their citizen without informing Singapore authorities. :)

The world is a big place, so many things can be done, unlike a little red dot.....

hyenergix
31-05-11, 06:10
Damn! Looking at the chart, with 25k units for 2 years we are still far short! Agree we need to run this number for a few more years just to clear the backlog.

The population increase in 07/08 was crazy. I wonder what the F was MBT doing during his term. Only started ramming up supply this year.

I doubt all the immigrants would want or able to afford to buy a HDB. Many are sharing a rented HDB or condo. Those who are really in need of a flat should have balloted one by end of this year. It is those who are still choosing for the best flat or newly weds that are remaining in the queue. The excess BTOs may be turned into rental units, and this part should be of concern to those who are investing in MM to rent out.

Geylang OKT
31-05-11, 07:15
Analysts look beyond April's house price gains

With policy changes in the air, latest numbers could represent fork in road for market

(SINGAPORE) Mass market condo prices have been racing ahead, but a moderation may be around the corner.

The NUS Singapore Residential Price Index (SRPI) increased 14.1 per cent in April year-on-year for the Non-Central Region, while the index for the Central Region, which covers districts 1-4 and 9-11, rose at a slower pace of 5.6 per cent over the same period.

The indices track prices of completed private apartments and condos. Market watchers say the findings mirror the primary or developer sales market, where suburban condos have led the price surge for private homes over the past two years.

Property industry players generally do not expect mass-market condo prices to keep surging at the same pace.

An early indicator of this may be a slight pullback in buying in this segment reported by some sources this month, ever since the government announced that the monthly household income cap for those buying new Build-to-Order (BTO) flats from the Housing & Development Board (HDB) could go up from $8,000 currently to $10,000, pending a review.

This could siphon off some demand from the HDB resale market, which in turn could put a lid on HDB resale flat prices and impact HDB upgraders' ability to move to private homes.

A seasoned property consultant said this effect would be more pronounced with the government announcing in recent days a major stepping-up in BTO supply this year as well as its plans to release more BTO flats in mature estates next year.

Analysts also widely expect an increase in the income cap for those buying new Design, Build and Sell Scheme flats (which are public housing flats designed and developed by the private sector) and executive condos (a hybrid of public and private housing) from $10,000 currently to say, $12,000.

This could further siphon off some demand from the 99-year mass-market private condo segment.

BT has learnt that the uncertainty about the impact of any policy changes in income ceilings for new HDB flats on the private housing market is causing a slight pull-back in demand.

A developer said the outlook for mass-market condos demand and prices will depend on how government calibrates its land supply. 'Perhaps they should increase supply for EC land but reduce the quantum of land for 99-year private condos,' he suggests.

'We cannot expect mass-market condo prices to increase in the same order as what we've seen in the last two years because for one, interest rates will move up, albeit a little, may be 25 to 50 basis points as we go forward into 2012,' he added.

CB Richard Ellis executive director (residential) Joseph Tan says the increase in supply of new mass-market or entry-level private condo launches coming from land sold at Government Land Sales tenders point to more muted increases in home prices in this segment for the rest of 2011.

He noted that a key reason for strong sales and price increase for mass-market private condos in the past two years has been developers' strategy of building smallish units which they have been able to sell at higher per square foot prices, so long as the lumpsum investment size is kept affordable.

'One-bedroom units can sell well if they're priced below $600,000-650,000, while three-bedders of about 1,050 sq ft can move if their prices don't exceed $1 million,' Mr Tan said.

At Elias Road, 160 units at the Belysa EC project have been sold since the project was released on May 25, inclusive of the maximum 15 units (5 per cent of the project's 315 units) set aside for second-time home buyers in the first month of launch. The average price is $670 psf.

Next week, Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint are expected to preview the 99-year Seastrand condo in Pasir Ris. It will have 473 apartments (one to four-bedroom units) and is tipped to be priced around $850 psf on average. In the Newton area, City Developments is expected to roll out Buckly Classique in late June. The low-rise freehold condo will have 64 units comprising two to four bedders and penthouses.

National University of Singapore's flash estimates for April show that the overall SRPI rose one per cent month on month and 10.4 per cent year on year.

The sub-indices for the Central and Non-Central regions reflect month-on- month gains of 0.8 per cent and 1.1 per cent respectively in April.

The Non-Central region sub-index is now 23.6 per cent above its pre-Global Financial Crisis peak in January 2008. The Central Region sub-index on the other hand is 0.8 per cent shy of its November 2007 pre-crisis high. This leaves the overall index as at April some 13.6 per cent above its pre-crisis peak, which was also in November 2007.

bargain hunter
31-05-11, 08:34
FEWER private home hunters are rushing to seal deals as many believe that prices will soften further, said property agents.
The cautious mood started after the general election, they said, with both buyers and sellers uncertain of the new government policies that are in store.
A further chill was sent across the market last Friday when new National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan announced that 3,000 more build-to-order (BTO) flats would be built this year.
Some agents The Straits Times spoke to said nearly 60 per cent of their clients have indicated they are willing to wait for prices to fall, preferring to rent rather than buy a home. Other agents said fewer clients are responding to their updates on new property viewings, adding that the current resale market for private property is 'a little quieter' than before the polls.
The move to build record numbers of BTO flats has left some buyers reconsidering whether they should sell their homes.
GPS Alliance associate marketing director Benjamin Tan said: 'I've had one or two buyers asking for my opinion on whether they should continue to sell or hold back. I told them to continue selling their property and see what offers come along. They can always hold on to it otherwise.'
Other buyers are also taking a wait-and-see approach. ERA marketing director Irene Ng said: 'Some clients say they are keen to sell but not at this stage. They believe they still have the holding power to wait out for a better price.'
Both agents and consultants believe it is unlikely that the increased number of BTO flats will greatly affect the private market. ERA Realty key executive Eugene Lim said: 'Turnout at the showflats is still healthy, although not as good as in the past. But taking into account the last batch of cooling measures, the market seems to be holding its ground.'
New property launches over the weekend continued to attract a significant number of property buyers.
More than 120 units of Wing Tai's Foresque Residences have been sold since the project was launched earlier this month. So far, 306 of the 496 units have been released for sale.
The 24-storey development features five towers, with homes at the 99-year leasehold project on Petir Road priced from $850 per sq ft (psf) to $1,300 psf. The smallest units, 463 sq ft one-bedders, start from $550,000.
Belysa, an executive condominium in Pasir Ris, has moved 158 apartments - nearly half of its 315 units - since it launched last Wednesday. The 99-year leasehold project is priced at an average of $670 psf and comprises three-and four-bedroom apartments.
Another new launch, 10 Shelford, has about 20 units left. Prices at this 69-unit Bukit Timah development start at about $830,000 for a 388 sq ft unit.

teddybear
31-05-11, 08:44
It is so common for foreign-born people (and to some extend Singapore-born too) to hold multiple citizenship and passports. They just have a ways of doing that. Probably only Singapore citizens believe those words in black-and-white that you can only hold 1 and only Singapore citizenship and passport. They are so naive that they don't know there are so many grey in the real world. No wonder Lee Ao said "Singaporean stupid!". :banghead:

Aiyo.

I know of so many Singapore born citizen holding dual passports. Some even have 3 passports.

Jonathan0503
31-05-11, 09:16
These are juicy news mah......like Jet Li buy GCB !!! but only constitute a very tiny portion of the total landed transactions. Those that bought Sentosa bungalows don't count becos' no foreign restrictions for Sentosa landed...

Most people think that becos landed transactions are so few that the market is illiquid but the truth of the matter is that there is huge demand but no sellers. Just talk to those agents specializing in landed. They have tons of buyers but have to go from house to house trying to beg old uncles and aunites to sell.....

Another more important point to note, almost all our ministers and policy makers stay in landed. enough said.....

I think the VIPs (ministers and celebrities, etc) stay mainly in landed because they need the privacy

teddybear
31-05-11, 11:50
Another more important point to note, almost all our ministers and policy makers stay in landed. enough said....
- They stay in landed for security reasons. If stay in condo how to deploy the security guards to guard the main gate? Condo estate can save on security guards because they get for free and better trained and fit ones some more courtesy of these ministers? :p

Most people think that becos landed transactions are so few that the market is illiquid but the truth of the matter is that there is huge demand but no sellers. Just talk to those agents specializing in landed. They have tons of buyers but have to go from house to house trying to beg old uncles and aunites to sell.....
Lately, tons of agents calling me and asking me whether I am interested in landed. Obviously, I am not interested. They even try to pursuade me to buy saying it is hot now blah blah blah (all sort of reasons) (just like you to the forumers here) but of course I can't be bothered with their talks. I ask them what locations and they say take my picks, name where I want, many choices :eek:. So in demand and so many buyers, need to persuade people to become buyers mah? They might as well spend more time persuading sellers to sell and they are more in control of amount of commission they can get :rolleyes::beats-me-man:. No sellers what for look for buyers? :ashamed1:

These are juicy news mah......like Jet Li buy GCB !!! but only constitute a very tiny portion of the total landed transactions. Those that bought Sentosa bungalows don't count becos' no foreign restrictions for Sentosa landed...

proper-t
31-05-11, 12:16
Another more important point to note, almost all our ministers and policy makers stay in landed. enough said....
- They stay in landed for security reasons. If stay in condo how to deploy the security guards to guard the main gate? Condo estate can save on security guards because they get for free and better trained and fit ones some more courtesy of these ministers? :p

Lately, tons of agents calling me and asking me whether I am interested in landed. Obviously, I am not interested. They even try to pursuade me to buy saying it is hot now blah blah blah (all sort of reasons) (just like you to the forumers here) but of course I can't be bothered with their talks. I ask them what locations and they say take my picks, name where I want, many choices :eek:. So in demand and so many buyers, need to persuade people to become buyers mah? They might as well spend more time persuading sellers to sell and they are more in control of amount of commission they can get :rolleyes::beats-me-man:. No sellers what for look for buyers? :ashamed1:

haha..chill bro...I think this topic has tooched too many raw nerves here. We are forgetting the main gist of this topic which is developing a strategy in view of the rampant building of HDB and huge supply of condos and apts coming on-stream.

I was just offering landed as a viable alternative but get attacked left right and centre. I am not saying that landed will not be affected if the market tanks. But we should get real and ask ourselves which segment would be the LEAST affected by the current potential oversupply situation.

Also, don't get me wrong in terms of foreigners. I am not against them but think that they are necessary for Singapore to continue with its growth path. Its just that policy makers need to maintain a delicate balance between hosuing and immigration policy.

Even if the main reason that ministers stay in landed is for security/privacy etc, don't you think that they would have a vested interest in protecting the value of their homes? These homes were not supplied for free by the govt (except maybe the Istana) but bought by their own cash (be it from their salaries or past wealth).

Then you have been taken in by the oldest agent trick in the book. They will ask you where you want (you can even specify the number) and how much you want to pay. After that, the agents will go and knock on the owners door and tell them that they have a ready buyer willing to pay $x......Dude, they need sucker 'buyers' to entice the sellers to let go of their prized asset. Reason being is becos' its very hard to pin a vlaue on a landed area whihc has very few tranasctions. The last transaction could have been years ago. If they approach sellers with that price, they will be booted out of the door.

amk
31-05-11, 13:03
... don't you think that they would have a vested interest in protecting the value of their homes? These homes were not supplied for free by the govt (except maybe the Istana) but bought by their own cash (be it from their salaries or past wealth).
I *seriously* hope NOT. This *cannot* be a reason for landed pties. If our ministers are drafting policies to benefit themselves, SG is gameover.

Honestly I dun think so. Whatever reason you advocate, this is not it.

proper-t
31-05-11, 13:35
I *seriously* hope NOT. This *cannot* be a reason for landed pties. If our ministers are drafting policies to benefit themselves, SG is gameover.

Honestly I dun think so. Whatever reason you advocate, this is not it.

I salute your principles and ideals *seriously*.

Honestly, if my salary is due to be drastically cut soon with my 'retirement' plan possibly up for review next, I *cannot* help but go into major asset protection mode.....

teddybear
31-05-11, 13:50
Regardless of whatever reason, the fact is that the landed has been protected from foreigners buying since many decades ago. Because of this, it is not an asset good for investment as local true blue citizens mostly can't afford landed and those who can afforded choose not to live in landed for many reasons already highlighted by many forumers here, while many foreigners will likewise choose not to live in landed and those who may want to buy and live in landed has been prevented by Govt policies. In conclusion, Landed is only good for self-stay, that is it and not good for investment. Easy to buy but difficult to find a buyer willing to pay good price for it (as they obviously know the reasons as I highlighted above) :D.

The only hope for landed to fly and become a good investment is when govt remove the policy that prevented foreigners from buying landed (other than those 99LH ones in Sentosa). But as you mentioned, you believe that there are strong reasons not to do so by the policy makers, so that basically kill all hope for landed! Ops! :banghead:

haha..chill bro...I think this topic has tooched too many raw nerves here. We are forgetting the main gist of this topic which is developing a strategy in view of the rampant building of HDB and huge supply of condos and apts coming on-stream.

I was just offering landed as a viable alternative but get attacked left right and centre. I am not saying that landed will not be affected if the market tanks. But we should get real and ask ourselves which segment would be the LEAST affected by the current potential oversupply situation.

Also, don't get me wrong in terms of foreigners. I am not against them but think that they are necessary for Singapore to continue with its growth path. Its just that policy makers need to maintain a delicate balance between hosuing and immigration policy.

Even if the main reason that ministers stay in landed is for security/privacy etc, don't you think that they would have a vested interest in protecting the value of their homes? These homes were not supplied for free by the govt (except maybe the Istana) but bought by their own cash (be it from their salaries or past wealth).

Then you have been taken in by the oldest agent trick in the book. They will ask you where you want (you can even specify the number) and how much you want to pay. After that, the agents will go and knock on the owners door and tell them that they have a ready buyer willing to pay $x......Dude, they need sucker 'buyers' to entice the sellers to let go of their prized asset. Reason being is becos' its very hard to pin a vlaue on a landed area whihc has very few tranasctions. The last transaction could have been years ago. If they approach sellers with that price, they will be booted out of the door.

proper-t
31-05-11, 14:26
Regardless of whatever reason, the fact is that the landed has been protected from foreigners buying since many decades ago. Because of this, it is not an asset good for investment as local true blue citizens mostly can't afford landed and those who can afforded choose not to live in landed for many reasons already highlighted by many forumers here, while many foreigners will likewise choose not to live in landed and those who may want to buy and live in landed has been prevented by Govt policies. In conclusion, Landed is only good for self-stay, that is it and not good for investment. Easy to buy but difficult to find a buyer willing to pay good price for it (as they obviously know the reasons as I highlighted above) :D.

The only hope for landed to fly and become a good investment is when govt remove the policy that prevented foreigners from buying landed (other than those 99LH ones in Sentosa). But as you mentioned, you believe that there are strong reasons not to do so by the policy makers, so that basically kill all hope for landed! Ops! :banghead:

Haha...to each his own. If you still think your strategy is a good investment in light of the current market situation, so be it.

Frankly, I don't think any segment is capable of 'FLYING' right now. In current market conditions, your best bets are those can hover and inch their way up without crashing.

You think that landed has no potential because of foreigner restrictions but therein lies it strength.

If you read my posts elsewhere, you will understand my rationale. My gut feel is that foreigners will still be a much needed component of our society and even though it is a sore point politically, the reality is that we still need them around. Our population will continue growing and locals will continue to find themselve 'crowded' out. First HDB, next mass mkt and finally prime condos because there are no foreigner restrictions. On the flip side, our locals will also find themselve getting richer with higher median income. The day will come when locals will need their 'own' place to get away from the cosmopolitans and landed will be the obvious choice because even superprime condos/apts will be filled with foreigners.

You can get in now when the price is still palatable or you can get in later but by then I am afraid its going to be priced way out of range.

Its hard to convince a teddybear.

hopeful
31-05-11, 14:32
if buy landed for investment, any idea what is rental yield in CCR and OCR at current prices?

proper-t
31-05-11, 14:52
rental yields can vary tremendously dependent on condition and renovation. My landed in CCR is averaging about 3.5% gross

DC33_2008
31-05-11, 15:00
City Fringe landed is also getting similar rental yield. Surprising not much different.
rental yields can vary tremendously dependent on condition and renovation. My landed in CCR is averaging about 3.5% gross

teddybear
31-05-11, 15:25
Why should anybody try to avoid the foreigners like they are plague? Luckily our govt didn't and has welcomed them with open arms, without which Singapore would still remain a fishing village now! :p

Haha...to each his own. If you still think your strategy is a good investment in light of the current market situation, so be it.

Frankly, I don't think any segment is capable of 'FLYING' right now. In current market conditions, your best bets are those can hover and inch their way up without crashing.

You think that landed has no potential because of foreigner restrictions but therein lies it strength.

If you read my posts elsewhere, you will understand my rationale. My gut feel is that foreigners will still be a much needed component of our society and even though it is a sore point politically, the reality is that we still need them around. Our population will continue growing and locals will continue to find themselve 'crowded' out. First HDB, next mass mkt and finally prime condos because there are no foreigner restrictions. On the flip side, our locals will also find themselve getting richer with higher median income. The day will come when locals will need their 'own' place to get away from the cosmopolitans and landed will be the obvious choice because even superprime condos/apts will be filled with foreigners.

You can get in now when the price is still palatable or you can get in later but by then I am afraid its going to be priced way out of range.

Its hard to convince a teddybear.

RaymondTan
31-05-11, 15:32
Landed not sure. I rented out my clift for $4800. Studio stack 5 with a bit of pool view and waterfall sound.

if buy landed for investment, any idea what is rental yield in CCR and OCR at current prices?

hopeful
31-05-11, 15:42
Landed not sure. I rented out my clift for $4800. Studio stack 5 with a bit of pool view and waterfall sound.

is that a typo? 4800 for stack 5 the clift?:cheers1:

Regulators
31-05-11, 15:48
I think the general sentiment is so long as the foreigners come in and help create jobs for locals or bring revenue to the country, they are welcomed. The problem only arises when the government does a botched job in not ensuring mid level jobs go to locals and give them to foreigners instead. Of course foreigners are also blamed for rising property prices. Many property owners here are not affected but policies meted out of late are used to pacify those first time home owners
Why should anybody try to avoid the foreigners like they are plague? Luckily our govt didn't and has welcomed them with open arms, without which Singapore would still remain a fishing village now! :p

RaymondTan
31-05-11, 16:04
no typo. Four thousand eight hundred a month. the tenant like the waterfall sound but he also ask for home theatre system and full kitchen dining set. cost mi close to two thousand for that but i think can roi very fast. my cousin got 2 units. 1 floor above my unit stack 7 rented out at 4300 and another 2 bedroom rented out at 6700. all legally stamped so will be reflected in ura data.

is that a typo? 4800 for stack 5 the clift?:cheers1:

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:08
no typo. Four thousand eight hundred a month. the tenant like the waterfall sound but he also ask for home theatre system and full kitchen dining set. cost mi close to two thousand for that but i think can roi very fast. my cousin got 2 units. 1 floor above my unit stack 7 rented out at 4300 and another 2 bedroom rented out at 6700. all legally stamped so will be reflected in ura data.
Wow...fetch so high....all done by same agt?

Can pass me the agt contact?

Y still got many units asking for 3.8-4k....and i noe of few studio units 2xth flr rented out 4k fully furnished.....a few 2bedder rented out 5k....asking 5.5k initially but cant rent out for close to 1.5mths so settle for lower rent

Can pm me ur agt contact....tq

proud owner
31-05-11, 16:18

how big is your unit ?

and whats the market price now ?

DC33_2008
31-05-11, 16:25
I have got tenants who ask for more exclusive things but pay higher rent. It could be the way their companies pay for their rental. It is good for owner as you can still keep it after they leave.

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:27
I have got tenants who ask for more exclusive things but pay higher rent. It could be the way their companies pay for their rental. It is good for owner as you can still keep it after they leave.
How come i nvr come across such tenants.... Many studios still struggling at 4k....can easily rent one at 4k fully furnished.

I want tat power agent!

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:28
how big is your unit ?

Propertyguru noes better;)

DC33_2008
31-05-11, 16:29
I am not sure if it has got to do with their professions. One is a banker while the one is in the oil and gas industry.
How come i nvr come across such tenants.... Many studios still struggling at 4k....can easily rent one at 4k fully furnished.

I want tat power agent!

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:31
I am not sure if it has got to do with their professions. One is a banker while the one is in the oil and gas industry.
How to get such tenants?

I remember a oil n gas tenant view b4 n offer me 3.5k:doh:

Ask me to include parking fees too:banghead:

Lovelle
31-05-11, 16:35
wah, he dun like ur face ?

stalingrad
31-05-11, 16:37
how big is your unit ?

probably a small unit of 775 sf in area. funny he can rent it out at 4800 but others cannot. there are many units of this type for rent now, with most having sit unoccupied for months.

I am a skeptical son of bitch, but this claim sounds very fishy.

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:38
wah, he dun like ur face ?
Haha....

Den i heard from the agt his budget only 3.5k...ended up at a d9 studio mm for 3.2k ...lol

McKinnon
31-05-11, 16:39
oh man.. should've hoot clift studio.. :doh:

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:40
probably a small unit of 775 sf in area. funny he can rent it out at 4800 but others cannot. there are many units of this type for rent now, with most having sit unoccupied for months.

If its 775sqft, its a 2bedder....easily rent out at 4.8k.....with a little patience can get 5-5.2k now....i noe clift vy well:D

RaymondTan
31-05-11, 16:54
it is up to you to believe then. anyway, i just called my agent and she does not want to reveal her number as it is a one off high rental. but with a bit of homework and $, these transactions will be available.

fclim
31-05-11, 16:56
The excess BTOs may be turned into rental units, and this part should be of concern to those who are investing in MM to rent out.

Er.. HDB rental and Private condo rental caters to different market lah.

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:57
it is up to you to believe then. anyway, i just called my agent and she does not want to reveal her number as it is a one off high rental. but with a bit of homework and $, these transactions will be available.
Y ur agt dunwan to reveal? I got biz for her wor

Strange...:beats-me-man:

hopeful
31-05-11, 16:58
If its 775sqft, its a 2bedder....easily rent out at 4.8k.....with a little patience can get 5-5.2k now....i noe clift vy well:D

it is a stack 5....

devilplate
31-05-11, 17:00
Ur cousin 4.3k more believable if its nicely furnished....6.7k for. 2bedder is really out of the world.....i really dun believe....

stalingrad
31-05-11, 17:01
Y ur agt dunwan to reveal? I got biz for her wor

Strange...:beats-me-man:

perhaps she found a moron for raymond but is unsure that she can find another moron for you.

devilplate
31-05-11, 17:02
it is a stack 5....
Stk 5 is the smallest 495sqft 1bedder somemore....comes wif nice noon sun too:p

DC33_2008
31-05-11, 17:25
The tenant might be from the cold climate. Does not mind the sun and heat.
Stk 5 is the smallest 495sqft 1bedder somemore....comes wif nice noon sun too:p

devilplate
31-05-11, 17:32
The tenant might be from the cold climate. Does not mind the sun and heat.
He will regret after moving in....he forget here is super hot n humid....hahahaha

land118
31-05-11, 17:35
He will regret after moving in....he forget here is super hot n humid....hahahaha Suntan in the comfort of the room, on the aircon...:D

thomastansb
31-05-11, 18:03
Don't be surprised. Rental is see luck one. Lumiere got one 1+1 also rented out at 6.7k. Not even 1+1. It is a studio. I don't know why they call it a 1+1 when it looks exactly like any normal studio. The studio really crap. Eat, shit, sleep in the same room :doh:. Disgusting layout

Ur cousin 4.3k more believable if its nicely furnished....6.7k for. 2bedder is really out of the world.....i really dun believe....

devilplate
31-05-11, 18:07
Don't be surprised. Rental is see luck one. Lumiere got one 1+1 also rented out at 6.7k. Not even 1+1. It is a studio. I don't know why they call it a 1+1 when it looks exactly like any normal studio. The studio really crap. Eat, shit, sleep in the same room :doh:. Disgusting layout
Not luck...i believe depend on the agt u work wif....if the agt deal directly wif a few big mncs....the tenant probably dun bother to check the market rate....

But i was told nowadays, mncs' hr dept aso will check the market rate....u cant simply inflate the rental by too much

devilplate
31-05-11, 18:08
So raymond....dun b selfish leh....share share ur power lobang leh:p

I m not greedy...4.3k for clift studio gd enuff for me:ashamed1: :D

devilplate
31-05-11, 18:17
Lumiere, i noe one studio,506sqft selling wif tenancy of 3.5k.....

6.7k realy too much la....probably provide 30-50k designer furnitures ar?:p

amk
31-05-11, 19:23
...funny he can rent it out at 4800 but others cannot. there are many units of this type for rent now, with most having sit unoccupied for months.

This is one rare occasion where I agreed with salingrad ;)

blackjack21trader
31-05-11, 19:59
Lucky I read this thread la... was going to see one project and waste my time but now changed my mind liao... thanks brothers for sharing.

proper-t
01-06-11, 09:28
deleted...repeat post

proper-t
01-06-11, 09:29

You never read all the comments or feel the passion during elections about our MRT, hawker and heartland town centres becoming crowded with foreigners ah......

What about orchard road along Lucky plaza on Sun? Feel free to take a MRT like our good Tpt minister or mingle with the crowds....

proper-t
01-06-11, 10:13
You want real life example of 'crowding out' effect, Just check out the condos along meyer & amber.

teddybear
01-06-11, 10:22
How about you check out ION, Takashimaya, Wisma Atria? How about you check out United Square & Novena Square? No problem lei. No colony of maids hanging around freely. :p

How about you check out condos at Paterson area, Cascaden area? No problem lei. Who want Meyer and Amber that outskirt lousy area? :D

Can drive cars why take MRT and buses? Who cares about hawker centres and heartland town centres? Want better comfort and high-class environment, sure have to pay more wah! Singaporeans are said to be ai pi ai qi, where to find? Blame Govt again? :doh: Govt don't own these people a living, want to buy mature estate HDBs buy want to pay attap house price? :banghead:

You never read all the comments or feel the passion during elections about our MRT, hawker and heartland town centres becoming crowded with foreigners ah......

What about orchard road along Lucky plaza on Sun? Feel free to take a MRT like our good Tpt minister or mingle with the crowds....

You want real life example. Just check out the condos along meyer & amber.

proper-t
01-06-11, 10:37
How about you check out ION, Takashimaya, Wisma Atria? How about you check out United Square & Novena Square? No problem lei. No colony of maids hanging around freely. :p

How about you check out condos at Paterson area, Cascaden area? No problem lei. Who want Meyer and Amber that outskirt lousy area? :D

Can drive cars why take MRT and buses? Who cares about hawker centres and heartland town centres? Want better comfort and high-class environment, sure have to pay more wah! Singaporeans are said to be ai pi ai qi, where to find? Blame Govt again? :doh: Govt don't own these people a living, want to buy mature estate HDBs buy want to pay attap house price? :banghead:

Chill bro, why so worked up?

Did I say it will happen overnight? The 'crowding out' effect happens gradually as population grows. we are still a long way from the 6.5mil target.

wait & see lah....even superprimes won't be immune to the effects.

In any case, most locals who can afford and buy superprimes usually rent it out for the yields and rarely stay there themselves. They prefer their big landed bungalows.....

devilplate
01-06-11, 10:39
Agree....cannot compare foreigners staying in mass market condos vs prime luxury condos....

Meyer road indians not tat bad rite....shd b snr mgmt professionals....saw many indians there driving s class n 7series....i aso feel like 2nd class citizen:(

devilplate
01-06-11, 10:43
Chill bro, why so worked up?

Did I say it will happen overnight? The 'crowding out' effect happens gradually as population grows. we are still a long way from the 6.5mil target.

wait & see lah....even superprimes won't be immune to the effects.

In any case, most locals who can afford and buy superprimes usually rent it out for the yields and rarely stay there themselves. They prefer their big landed bungalows.....
I dun agree wif u....

I m ok wif educated foreigners but not foreign workers....
My estate got 2 new China chinese families moved in abt few mths ago n they r more frenly den some of the angmor tenants

Stop being a racist:tongue3:

proper-t
01-06-11, 10:49
I dun agree wif u....

I m ok wif educated foreigners but not foreign workers....
My estate got 2 new China chinese families moved in abt few mths ago n they r more frenly den some of the angmor tenants

Stop being a racist:tongue3:

I am not a racist and personally don't have problems with foreigners (my current neighbours -left, right, top & bottom are ALL foreigners) but there are many citizens who don't share our views.

If you check all my previous posts, I have always maintained a stand that foreigners are necessary for our country but the 'crowding out' effect is inevitable. Some may be able to live with it but others will not.

Like I said before, check out the feedback during the elections to get a gauge of what the general populace feels.

The key to any investment strategy is to observe and study the ground and to pick up on future trends. This is just my observation. No need to get personal on it.

devilplate
01-06-11, 10:55
Locals r complaining abt foreign workers n mostly uncivilised n likes to push ard in buses n mrt....

Its less common to see such foreign workers even in mass market condos bcoz they cannot afford the rent....they will surely appear in hdbs....

So i dun see any issues of having foreigners in our condos

proper-t
01-06-11, 11:00
Locals r complaining abt foreign workers n mostly uncivilised n likes to push ard in buses n mrt....

Its less common to see such foreign workers even in mass market condos bcoz they cannot afford the rent....they will surely appear in hdbs....

You honestly think that locals will openly voice their displeasure in public at their foreign neighbours and risk being labelled a racist by people like you.

These 'complaints' are just symptomatic of a greater underlying discontent.

devilplate
01-06-11, 11:09
You honestly think that locals will openly voice their displeasure in public at their foreign neighbours and risk being labelled a racist by people like you.

These 'complaints' are just symptomatic of a greater underlying discontent.
Watever suits u

Dunwan to argue wif u liao

Anyway, u can go ahead n buy more landed if u wan...

To me, dun buy anything now unless its for self stay

proper-t
01-06-11, 11:13
Watever suits u

Dunwan to argue wif u liao

Anyway, u can go ahead n buy more landed if u wan...

To me, dun buy anything now unless its for self stay

Just sold a condo to a malaysian PR and shared with a friend on another landed in fact....

devilplate
01-06-11, 11:17
Just sold a condo to a malaysian PR and shared with a friend on another landed in fact....
All the best n congrats

land118
01-06-11, 11:26
Think most of us would welcome the super rich, and the top management foreign talent, it is those middle or lower mid manager FT who are doing those jobs that Singaporeans can do that Gahmen should curb. As long as jobs that Singapore can do, Gahmen should restrict or control. Many countries overseas, in order for Employers to hire Foreign Talent, employers need to justify ( such as advertise on their local classifieds over a period, or job skills and experience they can't find or have difficulty finding) why they need to hire this Foreign Talent instead or a local, not "suka suka" just approve because this FT got some "paper".

proper-t
01-06-11, 11:36
All the best n congrats

Thanks...is it me or do others feel that there is a sudden spurt of activity in the secondary market?

I have been getting more offers from my agents lately...

jwong71
01-06-11, 11:41
Thanks...is it me or do others feel that there is a sudden spurt of activity in the secondary market?

dont worry.. agents like to test water by giving alot offers, or even fake cheques from their colleagues or siblings:

1) to test our selling price, to get a clearer base price and
2) to determine if we are of genuine sellers anot?

im so used to all thes tactics:D

devilplate
01-06-11, 11:41

Since april oredi got more offers coming in.....
My observation: foreigners give reasonable offers....n locals offer below valuation

devilplate
01-06-11, 11:43
dont worry.. agents like to test water by giving alot offers, or even fake cheques from their colleagues or siblings:

1) to test our selling price, to get a clearer base price and
2) to determine if we are of genuine sellers anot?

im so used to all thes tactics:D
But my agts really got genuine offers....if i say yes, can gime chq within few hrs....i dare not give green light

Wild Falcon
01-06-11, 11:47
Actually hor, most locals are ok with the foreign workers like construction workers and car mechanic. These are jobs that the locals shun - so we really need the construction workers and mechanic in Singapore. Or else who's gonna build our houses and repair our cars?

What I cannot stand are the "neither here nor there" type of foreigners who are given PR easily. Examples:-

1) PRC setting up stalls in food courts and serve substandard food. Check out those Orchard Road food courts - mostly set up by PRC. Why are they "talents" and given PRs?

2) Foreigners taking up job in finance/engineering/IT/accounting. These jobs can ve easily filled by locals and local grads. So why are we taking in these people? These are not positions that we lack in SG

In short, we need some "QC" in attracting in foreigners, including white collar. Not any Tom Dick Harry. Singapore needs some dignity and the PR and citizenship cannot be given out so easily. Remember Singapore population is 5 million but during the last election, electorate is only 2+ million? Even if we Include those below 21, Singapore citizens are already a minority in our country - so there must be some control on foreigners intake. It's like u are a founder of a company, there must be some anti-dilution clause. Singaporeans shouldn't be diluted below 50% - it's a shame.

Having foreigners is fine. But having so much foreigner such that u start to lose your sense of identity and start having nasi lemak cooked by PRC - it's about time we relook at the immigration policy.

devilplate
01-06-11, 11:54
Hate foreigners bcoz u feel threatened by them snatching away ur jobs?

I m more concern abt social security like crime rates n graciousness.....recently being pushed in a lift by foreign workers....the feeling is not gd:(

Jobs issues aside, i m perfectly fine wif civilised n educated foreigners staying in my estate....

We shd blame pap for not controoling the foreigners tap well n not hating the good n civilised foreigners be it china or indians

land118
01-06-11, 11:57
Actually hor, most locals are ok with the foreign workers like construction workers and car mechanic. These are jobs that the locals shun - so we really need the construction workers and mechanic in Singapore. Or else who's gonna build our houses and repair our cars?

What I cannot stand are the "neither here nor there" type of foreigners who are given PR easily. Examples:-

1) PRC setting up stalls in food courts and serve substandard food. Check out those Orchard Road food courts - mostly set up by PRC. Why are they "talents" and given PRs?

2) Foreigners taking up job in finance/engineering/IT/accounting. These jobs can ve easily filled by locals and local grads. So why are we taking in these people? These are not positions that we lack in SG

In short, we need some "QC" in attracting in foreigners, including white collar. Not any Tom Dick Harry. Singapore needs some dignity and the PR and citizenship cannot be given out so easily. Remember Singapore population is 5 million but during the last election, electorate is only 2+ million? Even if we Include those below 21, Singapore citizens are already a minority in our country - so there must be some control on foreigners intake. It's like u are a founder of a company, there must be some anti-dilution clause. Singaporeans shouldn't be diluted below 50% - it's a shame.

Having foreigners is fine. But having so much foreigner such that u start to lose your sense of identity and start having nasi lemak cooked by PRC - it's about time we relook at the immigration policy.

Well said, that is why I said we should welcome ( Besides the superich & top management) only those FT that does jobs that Singapore can't do ( mean don't have the expertise or skills set because maybe local Uni didn't offer such courses ) or not prepared to do ( like construction workers ), and some sectors where there are shortages of jobs that Singapore workers not enough. Good point on the neither here nor there jobs in finance/engineering/IT/accounting - U are correct, many Singaporeans have the right qualifications to fill these position.

I can tell you many of our Poly Grads and even Uni grads are fighting with FT over entry level jobs....

Got a friend who head a department in a local listed firm, put up ad on sat for Ast Marketing Mgr, within 2 days - on monday he got over 100 applicants via email and of these 80% Foreigners applying, and only 20% Singaporeans and PR..

teddybear
01-06-11, 13:01
Based on what you observed on the ground and mentioned, that means if we want good living environment, no over-crowding, good elegent neighbours (generally) etc, then buy live in prime properties! :p

So people who can comfortably afford would mostly move from OCR to prime. :cheers1: So it is clear what investment strategy people should adopt going forward. :D

I am not a racist and personally don't have problems with foreigners (my current neighbours -left, right, top & bottom are ALL foreigners) but there are many citizens who don't share our views.

If you check all my previous posts, I have always maintained a stand that foreigners are necessary for our country but the 'crowding out' effect is inevitable. Some may be able to live with it but others will not.

Like I said before, check out the feedback during the elections to get a gauge of what the general populace feels.

The key to any investment strategy is to observe and study the ground and to pick up on future trends. This is just my observation. No need to get personal on it.

Alan Shearer
01-06-11, 13:04
Hey, you guys need to start breeding if you're gonna reach 6.5 mil without foreigners!:hornybastard:

teddybear
01-06-11, 13:08
If govt really listen to you and implement what you said, mass market private properties will definitely crash badly in 2014 when many will be completed but no middle-class foreigners come to Singapore to buy and take up the over-supply! :scared-1:

avo7007
01-06-11, 13:12
If govt really listen to you and implement what you said, mass market private properties will definitely crash badly in 2014 when many will be completed but no middle-class foreigners come to Singapore to buy and take up the over-supply! :scared-1:

Shucks! No more 33% growth in Singapore millionaire liao.:)

devilplate
01-06-11, 13:14
Tats gd news isnt it:p

amk
01-06-11, 14:07
Shucks! No more 33% growth in Singapore millionaire liao.:)

speaking of which, I dun understand that Boston report. How can Singapore have 15.5% of the households millionaires ? Some more this millionaire definition excludes property. it's only "investable asset"

thomastansb
01-06-11, 14:09
Not if they can control the land sales well. They have to balance inflow vs land supply.

Laguna
01-06-11, 14:18
銅鑼灣老舖 36年升值310倍

http://hk.realestate.yahoo.com/news_content.html?path=110531,23,om37

This is Hong Kong

thomastansb
01-06-11, 14:20
Substandard food? I think they are serving shit. Inedible shit. Even those franchised are not spared also. The taste differ so much !!

Our real median income will suffer as a result of the massive inflow. Especially those bottom 30%. That is why there are so much resentment.

teddybear
01-06-11, 14:54
Without the middle-income foreigners inflow, even with zero land sales now, the mass market private properties will still crash in 2014 as there are just no demand and huge supply of properties completed! :scared-1:

Not if they can control the land sales well. They have to balance inflow vs land supply.

avo7007
01-06-11, 15:13
there are just no demand and huge supply of properties completed! :scared-1:

I hope that's not your only rationale for the population inflow: to prop up our bloated pty mkt? :eek:

teddybear
01-06-11, 15:22
I have no interest in the mass market private properties. I am just merely stating my opinion (which I believe is the truth). :cheers1:

I hope that's not your only rationale for the population inflow: to prop up our bloated pty mkt? :eek:

patricia
01-06-11, 15:30
I have no interest in the mass market private properties. I am just merely stating my opinion (which I believe is the truth). :cheers1:You can't differentiate between your hope and your opinion. You really is made of fluffy stuff.

SpinCity
01-06-11, 15:48

You hear those people who complain, and they may not be representative for the whole population.
The 40% who voted for opposition are those who dissatisfied with the ruling party's performance over its previous term, it can be the issue of transportation, housing, or even immigration policies, but not necessary against "immigrants"

At the end of the day, what matters is what kind of people you are surrounded with, not their nationalities, unless you believe that one nationality is superior to the rest of the people

linchong84
01-06-11, 15:54
You hear those people who complain, and they may not be representative for the whole population.
The 40% who voted for opposition are those who dissatisfied with the ruling party's performance over its previous term, it can be the issue of transportation, housing, or even immigration policies, but not necessary against "immigrants"

At the end of the day, what matters is what kind of people you are surrounded with, not their nationalities, unless you believe that one nationality is superior to the rest of the people

Maybe this is what they think (not me, don't flame me):

You imagine you are living in your house. One fine day, 2 other people who are not related to you decided to stay in your house, share your food, share your bed, increase your cost of living, and make you feel your house is squeezy. But they are actually very nice polite guys. You will like them and let them continue staying in your house?

SpinCity
01-06-11, 16:12
Maybe this is what they think (not me, don't flame me):

You imagine you are living in your house. One fine day, 2 other people who are not related to you decided to stay in your house, share your food, share your bed, increase your cost of living, and make you feel your house is squeezy. But they are actually very nice polite guys. You will like them and let them continue staying in your house?

I don't think your example is realistic, even though it is just your imagination. Will you feel happy is these 2 other people who entered your house to share everything with you if they show you their passport and birth certificate to prove that they are pure-blood Singaporeans?

So you are fine with very crowed MRT, very hard-to-enter school for your kids, very expensive housing products caused by pure-blood Singaporeans without any complain?

avo7007
01-06-11, 16:32
I don't think your example is realistic, even though it is just your imagination.

Well you see not all citizen share your sense of impeccable logic. There is always an element of xenophobia in all local politics and this is a reality our Government is facing right now. How does that translate to future property and immigration policy....who knows?

linchong84
01-06-11, 16:34
I don't think your example is realistic, even though it is just your imagination. Will you feel happy is these 2 other people who entered your house to share everything with you if they show you their passport and birth certificate to prove that they are pure-blood Singaporeans?

So you are fine with very crowed MRT, very hard-to-enter school for your kids, very expensive housing products caused by pure-blood Singaporeans without any complain?

The example is realistic. The house represents singapore. People who lived in that house including you represent the pure-blood singaporeans. While the 2 other people represent foreigners. Now get it?

Whether I am fine with it or not is very subjective one. This world's matters is all about self-interest. For eg, I drive so why will I bother about how squeezy the MRT is? People like teddybear probably are holding several units so of course he wants 10mil foreigners to come in every year to boost the demand and prices.

But there are also poorer people who are have to squeeze in trains everyday. There might also be people who are perhaps servicing study loans and with zero savings and assets. These people will not like the foreigners because the influx does not benefit them, and they feel the foreigners are taking away their jobs etc. They may want the property prices to crash so they can get in.

So, it's all about self-interest. If something benefit you, you will like it. There is no universal right or wrong.

SpinCity
01-06-11, 16:54
Well you see not all citizen share your sense of impeccable logic. There is always an element of xenophobia in all local politics and this is a reality our Government is facing right now. How does that translate to future property and immigration policy....who knows?

All I can say is that,
1. given the currently birth rate, without bringing in more foreigners, Singapore population will decrease
2. the government wants to bring in those desirable foreigners as much as we all do. However, as much as we select foreigners, foreigners also select where they want to go
3. Without bring in middle class foreigners, the population just won't grow. How many Jet Li and bank MDs can you bring in and how much they can contribute to the Singapore population?
4. It is impossible to please everyone, the government just has to do the right things for the country. If there are more emotional people than rational people in a country, we all can guess what's going to happen next. Not about right or wrong but this is democracy

thomastansb
01-06-11, 16:54
Of course, that is why I said have to balance supply and demand. I never say 0 inflow. Might as well you say chase them out and property crash. Of course I know will crash.

Yes, we need some foreigners but not so many until jobs are gone for Singaporeans. But not so little until property crashes.

You think the task is difficult? Well, they are paid millions and should produce top results.

Without the middle-income foreigners inflow, even with zero land sales now, the mass market private properties will still crash in 2014 as there are just no demand and huge supply of properties completed! :scared-1:

thomastansb
01-06-11, 16:59
Ya, no universal right or wrong. But your example is confirm wrong. Stay in my house and in Singapore are two different things leh. Stay in my house mean use my room, use my tv, use my bathroom. And they can rob me or rape me also. I lost all my privacy. I think you should say, stay in same estate or block. Then it makes a better comparison. Might as well you say sleep on the same bed :doh:

The example is realistic. The house represents singapore. People who lived in that house including you represent the pure-blood singaporeans. While the 2 other people represent foreigners. Now get it?

Whether I am fine with it or not is very subjective one. This world's matters is all about self-interest. For eg, I drive so why will I bother about how squeezy the MRT is? People like teddybear probably are holding several units so of course he wants 10mil foreigners to come in every year to boost the demand and prices.

But there are also poorer people who are have to squeeze in trains everyday. There might also be people who are perhaps servicing study loans and with zero savings and assets. These people will not like the foreigners because the influx does not benefit them, and they feel the foreigners are taking away their jobs etc. They may want the property prices to crash so they can get in.

So, it's all about self-interest. If something benefit you, you will like it. There is no universal right or wrong.

SpinCity
01-06-11, 17:03

Are you telling me that you are fine if all the problems caused by Singaporeans, not foreigners?
People suffer when the MRT is crowded, regardless it is caused by too many Singaporeans or too many foreigners
Poorer people suffer from higher living costs, regardless it is caused by too many foreigners
All the sufferings are due to poor coordination between authorities which are in charge immigration, education, transportation, and housing policies

If one person suffers differently from the same "reason" but caused by different "people", this person in fact has problem with "people", not the "reason" caused him/her suffer

You are free to dislike foreigners, I am fine with it

linchong84
01-06-11, 17:05
Ya, no universal right or wrong. But your example is confirm wrong. Stay in my house and in Singapore are two different things leh. Stay in my house mean use my room, use my tv, use my bathroom. And they can rob me or rape me also. I lost all my privacy. I think you should say, stay in same estate or block. Then it makes a better comparison. Might as well you say sleep on the same bed :doh:

Correct ma. Foreigners are using the things in singapore so singaporeans feel uncomfortable loh. Anyway you all don't boliao go and scrutinise the analogy lah haha. I'm just trying to say singaporeans don't like foreigners to come here make their lives difficult. Anyway it doesn't matter lah, life still goes on.

thomastansb
01-06-11, 17:08
Anyway, it is a bad example. The house thingy.

Also, human like groupings. We can never deny that. It is wired into our heads. We tend to segregate and group ourselves according to certain criteria.

Are you telling me that you are fine if all the problems caused by Singaporeans, not foreigners?
People suffer when the MRT is crowded, regardless it is caused by too many Singaporeans or too many foreigners
Poorer people suffer from higher living costs, regardless it is caused by too many foreigners
All the sufferings are due to poor coordination between authorities which are in charge immigration, education, transportation, and housing policies

If one person suffers differently from the same "reason" but caused by different "people", this person in fact has problem with "people", not the "reason" caused him/her suffer

thomastansb
01-06-11, 17:10
IMO, I think whoever who make our lives difficult, we also don't like.

Correct ma. Foreigners are using the things in singapore so singaporeans feel uncomfortable loh. Anyway you all don't boliao go and scrutinise the analogy lah haha. I'm just trying to say singaporeans don't like foreigners to come here make their lives difficult. Anyway it doesn't matter lah, life still goes on.

linchong84
01-06-11, 17:17

You don't understand. If the foreigners never come in at such a fast rate, with singapore's low birth rate, singapore's population won't increase so rapidly, hence MRT might not be so squeezy, etc etc.. It's doesn't matter what's the real reason behind the sufferings, because the foreigners are an easy scapegoat as they appear on the streets everyday for singaporeans to observe. Not all singaporeans are so free to come this forum to find out who really screwed up.

Anyway i never say i dislike foreigners. I'm really neutral. I'm just telling you why some people might feel in certain ways.

nav14
01-06-11, 17:18

The govt has lower standards for giving PRs to PRCians than Indians. For Indians, most getting PRs are educated mid to high level workers. For PRCians, very few in this category coming to Singapore, but to maintain the balance in population ,they die die must give PRs to those from PRC, even if standards are compromised.

SpinCity
01-06-11, 18:03
You don't understand. If the foreigners never come in at such a fast rate, with singapore's low birth rate, singapore's population won't increase so rapidly, hence MRT might not be so squeezy, etc etc.. It's doesn't matter what's the real reason behind the sufferings, because the foreigners are an easy scapegoat as they appear on the streets everyday for singaporeans to observe. Not all singaporeans are so free to come this forum to find out who really screwed up.

Anyway i never say i dislike foreigners. I'm really neutral. I'm just telling you why some people might feel in certain ways.

It is not that I don't understand.
Citizens have the right to complain about the government (I hope), and they can use their votes to decided which party they want to be ruled under for the next who-knows-how-many-years
However, the government has the responsibility to find out what's the actual causes behind citizens' complaints
If the majority of Singaporeans just don't like foreigners, in order to please the voters, or give what the voters want, the government need to close the door to foreigners, and may even ban Singaporeans to marry foreigners, to the extreme extent
If the majority of Singaporeans are irritated by the over-crowded MRT, markets, schools, more competitive job market, higher housing and living cost, more coordination is needed within the government to strike the balance between immigration policy and the other things

stl67
01-06-11, 18:07
All I can say is that,
1. given the currently birth rate, without bringing in more foreigners, Singapore population will decrease
2. the government wants to bring in those desirable foreigners as much as we all do. However, as much as we select foreigners, foreigners also select where they want to go
3. Without bring in middle class foreigners, the population just won't grow. How many Jet Li and bank MDs can you bring in and how much they can contribute to the Singapore population?
4. It is impossible to please everyone, the government just has to do the right things for the country. If there are more emotional people than rational people in a country, we all can guess what's going to happen next. Not about right or wrong but this is democracy

I guess government is trying to avoid what is happening to Japan: low birthrate and increasing aging population.

Sometimes it also irks me when the PR gets the benefits when they don't serve NS... But we cannot have the best of both world...

land118
01-06-11, 18:20
I guess government is trying to avoid what is happening to Japan: low birthrate and increasing aging population.

Sometimes it also irks me when the PR gets the benefits when they don't serve NS... But we cannot have the best of both world...

NS is a big thing, not just the full time duration but for subsequent years during working life, citizen and 2nd Gen PR males have to do. And more importantly, touch wood, if ever war/insurgency erupts, NSmen have to carry arms to defend our country. ALL FT and expats will just pack and leave...GAHMEN must never 4get this!!!

hopeful
01-06-11, 18:21
Got a friend who head a department in a local listed firm, put up ad on sat for Ast Marketing Mgr, within 2 days - on monday he got over 100 applicants via email and of these 80% Foreigners applying, and only 20% Singaporeans and PR..

what can be inferred from the figures?
1) foreigners have higher unemployment?
2) foreigners more willing to switch jobs?
3) foreigners responds to ads very fast?

ysyap
01-06-11, 18:28
Whatever the reason that govt wants to bring in FT and FW, we will be more accomodating if enough efforts are put in place to ensure no overcrowding in public transport systems, work place to take jobs away from locals, enough and more affordable housings (which might be caused by these influxes). :p Govt bring them in without making adequate provisions for their inclusions so citizens suffer for govt's easy way out...

Let me put it this way, if govt wants population growth, they can do something instead of all those token gifts they've been dishing out but getting FTs not only solve this birth rate problem but also bring growth to economy so they'll surely go for the 2 in 1 deal... simple as that... :spliff:

land118
01-06-11, 18:29
what can be inferred from the figures?
1) foreigners have higher unemployment?
2) foreigners more willing to switch jobs?
3) foreigners responds to ads very fast?

Only know that my friend say some foreigner even here on tourist visit also write in, say need to get interview within 1-2 weeks before they fly back, but most of foreigners who applied don't have relevant experience that the ad was asking, some from different industry just "hantam" try their luck. Some even write in from overseas, maybe their friend here feedback to them to write in. Several of these foreigners are those with PR who have left their job and scouting...

Personally, i think foreigners more willing to switch jobs and always looking for that higher pay or what they deemed as better jobs maybe in other industry, etc...; don't think it is an issue of unemployment for them.

ysyap
01-06-11, 18:30
NS is a big thing, not just the full time duration but for subsequent years during working life, citizen and 2nd Gen PR males have to do. And more importantly, touch wood, if ever war/insurgency erupts, NSmen have to carry arms to defend our country. ALL FT and expats will just pack and leave...GAHMEN must never 4get this!!!What did you say? Oh forgot liaoz!!! :sleep: Don't expect them to remember lah... they never say bring these people in to protect country... only add numbers and bring in money!!! :D

land118
01-06-11, 18:41
What did you say? Oh forgot liaoz!!! :sleep: Don't expect them to remember lah... they never say bring these people in to protect country... only add numbers and bring in money!!! :D Defence Ministry never taught to MOM on this...& vice versa..,:doh:

Actually NSmen should also get incentive by protection per $ of investment and protection per number of PR and FT ..., the recent growth and share thingy, NSmen get additional $100. :D

devilplate
01-06-11, 18:43
Ns 2yrs plus 10yr cycle reservist....most xiong in the whole world rite? Lol

joycewangwen
01-06-11, 18:44
Please...please don't confine your brain thread solely onto this tiny island when you review the issues like FT, housing price..etc.

To put SGP into this globe, survival in this jungle is the 1st priority of government.:spliff:

No choice, sometimes you have to have the quick policy to cater for the quick changing world. SGP doesn't have the luxuries like China, USA, Russia, even Malaysia.

All these issue like FT, housing price..etc. is just the inevitable side-effect of government's only option - survival and growth. :spliff:

ysyap
01-06-11, 18:53
Please...please don't confine your brain thread solely onto this tiny island when you review the issues like FT, housing price..etc.

To put SGP into this globe, survival in this jungle is the 1st priority of government.:spliff:

No choice, sometimes you have to have the quick policy to cater for the quick changing world. SGP doesn't have the luxuries like China, USA, Russia, even Malaysia.

All these issue like FT, housing price..etc. is just the inevitable side-effect of government's only option - survival and growth. :spliff:No body say cannot bring FTs in... just like other countries are trying to take our talents over too... its perfectly ok... but what's been lamented here is the lack of far-sightedness on the part of our lovely leaders that now has all these side-effects that you also agree are closely attached... as you've rightly pointed out, Singapore is such a miserably small island, any lack of planning simply results in so so so much inconveniences to Singaporeans... totally unwarranted and unexpected... not welcome... these inconveniences and problems, i.e...

blackjack21trader
01-06-11, 18:53

All these issue like FT, housing price..etc. is just the inevitable side-effect of government's only option - survival and growth. :spliff:

Good Thinking, sister. Now, let me add: THE ANGMOKIAS are now booking the first class flights to the Lion City liao. In June 2011, you shall see many angmokias visiting the showrooms here.... You will be lost for words...I assure you....

blackjack21trader
01-06-11, 18:56
Guess the Western Media covering our Erection have the effects !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmNDDSNpB1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5n3t9iPag

devilplate
01-06-11, 18:57
Good Thinking, sister. Now, let me add: THE ANGMOKIAS are now booking the first class flights to the Lion City liao. In June 2011, you shall see many angmokias visiting the showrooms here.... You will be lost for words...I assure you....
I oredi started to see angmorkias visiting showflats.....but not the super rich type la....

But seriously, vy few angmorkias will buy la....their homeland so cheap now

blackjack21trader
01-06-11, 19:03
I oredi started to see angmorkias visiting showflats.....but not the super rich type la....

But seriously, vy few angmorkias will buy la....their homeland so cheap now

Brother devilplate ! Taken your dinner already ? :)

teddybear
01-06-11, 20:06
How about this: 90% of citizens own their properties. If have FTs come and buy up their neighbours' properties and price go up, their asset increases in value. No good mah? If no good still have 61% vote for PAP? :p
The rest of the 39% probably another 20% purposely vote Opposition because PAP sure win. Why not you ask PAP to plan next election with whole Singapore as 1 big GRC and see how many people vote PAP or Opposition as 1 entity? :beats-me-man:

Yah lor, everything about self-interest. You don't like FTs so much because they pose as threat to you? They keep the property prices up such that you not happy because want to buy cheap cheap is it?

ysyap
01-06-11, 20:12

But seriously, vy few angmorkias will buy la....their homeland so cheap nowSeldom see anmokias in OCR... R u referring to CCR?

3C
01-06-11, 20:21
amokios will bring along printer to showroom to print whatever amt $ is it?:doh:

ysyap
01-06-11, 20:28
amokios will bring along printer to showroom to print whatever amt $ is it?:doh:They'll write cheque.. so will mainland chinese and indians as well as rich Singaporeans... :D Printers are too bulky.... :(

ysyap
01-06-11, 20:33
New flats in Tampines, Kallang, Whampoa?

By Alicia Wong (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/author/alicia-wong/) | SingaporeScene (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/) – Mon, May 30, 2011

Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fsingaporescene%2Ftens-thousands-rental-flats-needed-040400907.html&t=New%20flats%20in%20Tampines%2C%20Kallang%2C%20Whampoa%3F%20%7C%20SingaporeScene%20-%20Yahoo!%20News)
retweet (http://twitter.com/home?status=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fsingaporescene%2Ftens-thousands-rental-flats-needed-040400907.html)
Email (http://mtf.news.yahoo.com/mailto/?prop=news&locale=sg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fsingaporescene%2Ftens-thousands-rental-flats-needed-040400907.html&title=New%20flats%20in%20Tampines%2C%20Kallang%2C%20Whampoa%3F%20%7C%20SingaporeScene%20-%20Yahoo!%20News)
Print (http://javascript<b></b>:window.print();)

UPDATED

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/d45Ssh1WLd6.9pcMW_RuEw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/singaporescene/400yahoo_hdbflat2.jpg (http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/singaporescene/400yahoo_hdbflat2.jpg) Tens of thousands of rental flats are needed, says National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan. (Yahoo file ph …

Mature estates such as Kallang/Whampoa and Tampines could see Built-To-Order launches next year, said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Khaw+Boon+Wan&fr=fp-today&cs=bz).

He shed more light on his comments about introducing more BTO flats in mature estates in a blog post (http://mndsingapore.wordpress.com/) on Wednesday.

"HDB is still studying the details, but preliminarily, they told me that a couple of mature estates such as Kallang/Whampoa and Tampines could benefit from BTO launches next year," said the minister.

However, he also raised concern over expectations that his earlier comments raised. He flagged a Straits Times report, where a young couple living in Tanjong Pagar said they were looking forward to a BTO in their area.

Stressed Minister Khaw, "I must add that while I have asked HDB to put up more BTOs in mature estates, it will not be possible for many mature estates to benefit from this development, certainly not in the short term."

"This is because most of the matured estates are substantially built up, and there is limited land for public housing," he explained, noting that Tanjong Pagar is "fully built up" and a BTO there is "unlikely".

On Monday, he said he has asked the HDB to look into more mature estates as possibilities for BTO launches next year.

He explained, the Ministry of National Development has been "rather reluctant" to launch BTO flats in mature estates because such popular launches could attract high subscription rates and further alarm the market.

"While this is a valid concern, I believe that Singaporeans will understand that mature estate will always attract very high subscription," he said. "We should not be daunted by such a prospect, but should instead try to meet the aspirations of many young couples wanting to setup nests near their parents."

Continued Minister Khaw, "Our response should be to put up more sites in mature estates, even as we ramp up BTO launches elsewhere."

The current BTO launch for 4,000 new units in four towns has received nearly 8,000 applications. BTO projects in Tampines are the most popular, with high application rates for the 4- and 5-room flats.

The minister, however, advised young couples who are "eagerly looking for new homes" to "calculate their chances".

"My advice to them is to opt for non-mature estates. You improve considerably your chance of securing one in the new towns, instead of competing with many others for the popular projects in the mature estates."

Earlier, Minister Khaw also said in two separate occasions that Singapore would need to build "tens of thousands" of subsidised rental flats and that the HDB would build 25,000 new flats this year (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/hdb-ordered-ramp-building-flats-071846737.html).

According to mainstream media reports, the Minister said, "The problem that the HDB face is they are just short of rental flats. In the whole of Singapore today, we have about 45,000 rental flats. But that's not enough.

"It's quite clear in my mind, we need to ramp up the building of rental flats as quickly as we can. Not just by a few thousand, actually, we need to build by tens of thousands. And the earlier the better," he said, citing his encounters with single mothers and divorcees who cannot afford to buy flats at his Meet-the-People sessions.

Minister Khaw, who was speaking at a youth dialogue on Sunday, stressed that it would take several years to meet the shortfall.

According to MND figures, there were 2,300 rental flat applications in 2009 and 2010, down from 3700 in 2008. Families made up the bulk of the applications last year, and singles made up the remaining 17 percent.

Tenants pay between $26 to $275 a month, depending on the flat type.

In January, the government said it planned to build 5,000 more rental flats by next year, while keeping the proportion of rental flats at between 5 percent and 7 percent of the total number of HDB flats.

Two months later, then National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan announced that the average waiting time for these flats would be shortened to eight months this year, down from 21 months in 2008.

Some Members of Parliament told the Today newspaper that they hope to see the eligibility criteria for the Public Rental Scheme (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Public+Rental+Scheme&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) relaxed.

MP Lim Wee Kiak (Nee Soon GRC) felt the current criteria are "very strict" while MP Josephine Teo (Bishan-Toa Payoh) wondered if HDB could exercise some discretion to allow those with "extenuating circumstances" to rent temporarily, even if they do not meet the criteria.

She noted, however, the system should only cater to those who need it the most and the immediate task is to meet the demand of those who meet the existing conditions first.

Minister Khaw told reporters that before relaxing the rules, the government would have to ensure there is capacity first.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=11en71tpi/EXP=1305281630/**http%3A//twitter.com/yahoosg) and become a fan on Facebook (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=122e70rng/EXP=1305281630/**http%3A//www.facebook.com/yahoosingaporenewsroom).

joycewangwen
01-06-11, 20:54
It looks a win-win situation.

I guess this is what likely in KBW's mind: Let those very poor ppl 'rent' a cheap HDB, rather than bring down the price to entitle them to 'buy' one.

The key is: downgrade 'buy' to 'rent' for the poorest x% ppl...no matter using what fancy word to wrap the concept,

then...

Those very poor ppl have a shelter, and minimum disturb to existing property market.

Do u tink so?

ysyap
01-06-11, 21:00

I guess this is what likely in KBW's mind: Let those very poor ppl 'rent' a cheap HDB, rather than bring down the price to entitle them to 'buy' one.

The key is: downgrade 'buy' to 'rent' for the poorest x% ppl...no matter using what fancy word to wrap the concept,

then...

Those very poor ppl have a shelter, and minimum disturb to existing property market.

Do u tink so?The rental option for the super poor in Singapore has always been around... what KBW is doing is merely keeping the percentage balance for such an option as the number of new launches are astounding... he didn't really change that percentage so everything is status quo... but what you write makes sense if only he reads your posting... :D

land118
01-06-11, 21:13
The rental option for the super poor in Singapore has always been around... what KBW is doing is merely keeping the percentage balance for such an option as the number of new launches are astounding... he didn't really change that percentage so everything is status quo... but what you write makes sense if only he reads your posting... :D Question is whether HDB will build flats specially for rental purpose and if yes, where will these be located? In the outskirts? Will they build a block for rental within a precint of new flats or a few rental blocks cluster together...yet to be seen...

Lovelle
01-06-11, 21:17
CPF raised minimum sum , how does this affect buyer ?

taggy
01-06-11, 21:22

Affect people who try to service more than 1 housing loan using CPF -> personally I think this is minimum impact

rattydrama
01-06-11, 21:22

then...

Do u tink so?

our country has progress very fast over the last 30 years, definitely there are poor people who fall behind our system. I would say a good gov must be sensitive to the needs of the rich and provide the very basic of the poor people.

rattydrama
01-06-11, 21:25

this is every year affair. If you are a singaporean, this is what you will get.

Lovelle
01-06-11, 21:25
Affect people who try to service more than 1 housing loan using CPF -> personally I think this is minimum impact

there are many here are like that. Looks like big impact for many

devilplate
01-06-11, 21:32
there are many here are like that. Looks like big impact for many
Every now n den adjust to b in line wif inflation.... Wats new?

ysyap
01-06-11, 21:39
there are many here are like that. Looks like big impact for manyhere as in 'in this forum' or here as in 'in Singapore'? If the latter, then its not a big issue... there are simply too many Singaporeans who are contented with one house... most do not have 2 or more properties...
If 'in this forum', then the number is still small wrt Singapore... so :p

taggy
01-06-11, 21:44
here as in 'in this forum' or here as in 'in Singapore'? If the latter, then its not a big issue... there are simply too many Singaporeans who are contented with one house... most do not have 2 or more properties...
If 'in this forum', then the number is still small wrt Singapore... so :p

I thought in this forum, impact is lagi small, all big bosses, no need to work for others, where got use CPF for housing loan one :D (except me)

ysyap
01-06-11, 21:46
I thought in this forum, impact is lagi small, all big bosses, no need to work for others, where got use CPF for housing loan one :D (except me)Good to know that you are a big boss who use CPF for housing loan... :p

joycewangwen
01-06-11, 21:47
yeah...it is the way of life.

Need be grateful to our dear government, they help u to safeguard your money for u to spend your last 30 years. It's a thankless job...:spliff:

if not, you will burn your money in gamble, Geylang....etc, u may end up penny-less and die in street. :spliff:

linchong84
01-06-11, 22:32
How about this: 90% of citizens own their properties. If have FTs come and buy up their neighbours' properties and price go up, their asset increases in value. No good mah? If no good still have 61% vote for PAP? :p
The rest of the 39% probably another 20% purposely vote Opposition because PAP sure win. Why not you ask PAP to plan next election with whole Singapore as 1 big GRC and see how many people vote PAP or Opposition as 1 entity? :beats-me-man:

Yah lor, everything about self-interest. You don't like FTs so much because they pose as threat to you? They keep the property prices up such that you not happy because want to buy cheap cheap is it?

I've said for the umpteen times that it won't benefit me if they tighten FT tap.. Ur english fail or u got understanding problem or ur memory cui? I not buying any sooner and if prices drop, my own unit will suffer.. I merely state wha might be on the minds of some poorer singaporeans, not me.. NOT ME, caps liao can see or not? FTs doesn't affect my job and my life. Need me to make declaration and sign legal document or not?

ysyap
01-06-11, 22:40
I've said for the umpteen times that it won't benefit me if they tighten FT tap.. Ur english fail or u got understanding problem or ur memory cui? I not buying any sooner and if prices drop, my own unit will suffer.. I merely state wha might be on the minds of some poorer singaporeans, not me.. NOT ME, caps liao can see or not? FTs doesn't affect my job and my life. Need me to make declaration and sign legal document or not?Your signal loud and clear.. hahaha!!! no need declaration lah!!! Not worth to declare. This is only a forum... not official website.. :D Cool down... give you ice water :cheers1:

linchong84
01-06-11, 23:01

Anyway most Singaporeans own only 1 x HDB. So, even if their house value increase 5 times, they also can't realise the gain. If they sell their house, they still have to buy another house which is equally if not more expensive to stay. Unless they sell their unit and sleep on the streets or migrate to Batam. So, what did they benefit? End up they are the ones who kena the problems of this policy - squeezy trains, jobs, etc etc. The ones who gain are the richer people who own 2 or more properties. So, are the majority really that happy with foreigners as what you think?

Anyway if you think 61% + losing 1 GRC is a wonderful result for PAP, i really got to give it to you, u are... anyway i also supported ruling party because i feel foreigners influx will benefit me more directly or indirectly, and so far they did not impact my life negatively in any ways before (except once when i was talking to a bank tele operator who happens to be a foreigner and she cant speak english for nuts).

ysyap
01-06-11, 23:10
Anyway most Singaporeans own only 1 x HDB. So, even if their house value increase 5 times, they also can't realise the gain. If they sell their house, they still have to buy another house which is equally if not more expensive to stay. Unless they sell their unit and sleep on the streets or migrate to Batam. So, what did they benefit? End up they are the ones who kena the problems of this policy - squeezy trains, jobs, etc etc. The ones who gain are the richer people who own 2 or more properties. So, are the majority really that happy with foreigners as what you think?

Anyway if you think 61% + losing 1 GRC is a wonderful result for PAP, i really got to give it to you, u are... anyway i also supported ruling party because i feel foreigners influx will benefit me more directly or indirectly, and so far they did not impact my life negatively in any ways before (except once when i was talking to a bank tele operator who happens to be a foreigner and she cant speak english for nuts).Yes most Singaporeans have only 1 HDB w/o private housing.. unless prices come down, they'll continue to only own one house! :banghead:

nav14
02-06-11, 09:18

Teddybear seems to be very nervous about the no of foreigners being reduced or policy measures against foreign property investment that will result in lower property prices,.

There are many multiple property owners in this forum who have not shown this fear and in fact are welcoming a reduction in no of foreigners even if it results in the cooling of the prooerty market.

Either Teddybear is grossly overgeared or he is just too greedy (& silly )and dreaming his wealth will increase in a straight line.

bargain hunter
02-06-11, 09:30
don't like that lah, yesterday, his novena square junction flooded, he bad mood......:ashamed1:

Teddybear seems to be very nervous about the no of foreigners being reduced or policy measures against foreign property investment that will result in lower property prices,.

There are many multiple property owners in this forum who have not shown this fear and in fact are welcoming a reduction in no of foreigners even if it results in the cooling of the prooerty market.

Either Teddybear is grossly overgeared or he is just too greedy (& silly )and dreaming his wealth will increase in a straight line.

DC33_2008
02-06-11, 09:35
I do not see a problem if investors have at least 50% of their properties fully paid. If most of the properties are in good locations with rental yield of at least 4%, it should be able to support home loans of the other properties. Worst scenario is to sell some of the properties especially if capital gain of some of them is more than 30%. Some owners can afford to leave their units vacant or are choosy over their tenants.

land118
02-06-11, 09:41
I do not see a problem if investors have at least 50% of their properties fully paid. If most of the properties are in good locations with rental yield of at least 4%, it should be able to support home loans of the other properties. Worst scenario is to sell some of the properties especially if capital gain of some of them is more than 30%. Some owners can afford to leave their units vacant or are choosy over their tenants. Agree, now with 2nd property needing to pay 40%, hard to imagine an major catastrophy that will wipe out 40% of the value overnight.

stalingrad
02-06-11, 09:53
don't like that lah, yesterday, his novena square junction flooded, he bad mood......:ashamed1:

literally flooded with rainwater? Please tell us more about that once in a lifetime event? I am salivating.

bargain hunter
02-06-11, 09:57
Teen found dead after falling into drain

SINGAPORE: The body of a 15—year—old Indonesian teen, who had been swept away after falling into a drain swollen with rain water was found on Wednesday night.
Rescuers found his body in the canal next to Block 82, Whampoa Drive, close to the 1— to 1.5—kilometre stretch that the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) had been combing since late afternoon.
The tragedy happened during a period of intense rain, which caused flooding at the junction of Novena Square and a tree to fall elsewhere.
The teen, identified only as William, was here on holiday. He was with two friends, Singaporean student Brian Lee and his Indonesian cousin, who was William’s friend.
He was wading through shin—deep waters at 2.30pm along a flooded section in the Balestier area when he fell into the drain.
The drain is guarded by a railing but William is believed to have stepped through a break in the railing at the flooded junction of Martaban Road and Minbu Road. He fell into the submerged drain, which is about 1.2—metre deep.
"My cousin’s friend (William) grabbed the railings but he was soon swept away," Brian said.
The two other teens were walking just behind William.
Brian said his cousin then ran towards the drain along Mandalay Road. "My cousin told me to take care of our belongings and he ran towards the drain to try and save William. He grabbed William’s T—shirt and cried for help," Brian said.
But his cousin could not hold on for long. The Indonesian also tried to extend his feet to the stricken teen but the rushing water proved too strong and swept William away, Brian added.
On Wednesday night, Brian told MediaCorp that they had contacted William’s father in Jakarta and that he was on his way to Singapore.
The SCDF said it received a call at about 4pm on Wednesday. Eighteen personnel and several vehicles, including an ambulance and a water—rescue vehicle, were despatched.
Watched by a crowd of curious onlookers, SCDF officers searched the drain and the canal at Whampoa West and Serangoon Road, into which the drain empties.
Police said that investigations were still ongoing. —
TODAY

literally flooded with rainwater? Please tell us more about that once in a lifetime event? I am salivating.

SpinCity
02-06-11, 10:04

Anyway if you think 61% + losing 1 GRC is a wonderful result for PAP, i really got to give it to you, u are... anyway i also supported ruling party because i feel foreigners influx will benefit me more directly or indirectly, and so far they did not impact my life negatively in any ways before (except once when i was talking to a bank tele operator who happens to be a foreigner and she cant speak english for nuts).

Two Singaporeans buy a 4 room HDB flat directly from URA when they are in twenties for their newly established family, over time together with the increase of their income they move to a bigger HDB flat is a more desirable location. Assuming the appreciation in their HDB flats is faster than inflation, by the time they reach their retirement age, they have a few options with their HDB flat: they do nothing and keep staying there as long as their savings is enough to support their expenses, or they can sell and rent with a significant sum of profit from the sale in their pocket; they can also downgrade to a smaller flat, ........ What they don't have to do is to sleep on the street or move the Batam.

Even though they only own one flat at any time in their life, will they be benefit from the price appreciation? I think so. If as you suggest that the price increase by 5 times, I think they will be even happier
Given the current birth rate, without foreigners, what will happen to all housing price and what will be the impact of the Singaporean couple in the above scenario?

If one wants to live a better life, work harder and manage your money wisely
If one wants all the good things in life but don't want to earn it with his/her own effort, it will be easier to buy toto as PAP or WP will never build a Marq at Orchard and sell you at 500psf
If you don't study hard and work hard, you don't need a foreigner to take away your job, your classmates or colleagues who are pure-blood Singaporeans will just do that to you

stalingrad
02-06-11, 10:05

SINGAPORE: The body of a 15—year—old Indonesian teen, who had been swept away after falling into a drain swollen with rain water was found on Wednesday night.
Rescuers found his body in the canal next to Block 82, Whampoa Drive, close to the 1— to 1.5—kilometre stretch that the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) had been combing since late afternoon.
The tragedy happened during a period of intense rain, which caused flooding at the junction of Novena Square and a tree to fall elsewhere.
The teen, identified only as William, was here on holiday. He was with two friends, Singaporean student Brian Lee and his Indonesian cousin, who was William’s friend.
He was wading through shin—deep waters at 2.30pm along a flooded section in the Balestier area when he fell into the drain.
The drain is guarded by a railing but William is believed to have stepped through a break in the railing at the flooded junction of Martaban Road and Minbu Road. He fell into the submerged drain, which is about 1.2—metre deep.
"My cousin’s friend (William) grabbed the railings but he was soon swept away," Brian said.
Brian said his cousin then ran towards the drain along Mandalay Road. "My cousin told me to take care of our belongings and he ran towards the drain to try and save William. He grabbed William’s T—shirt and cried for help," Brian said.
But his cousin could not hold on for long. The Indonesian also tried to extend his feet to the stricken teen but the rushing water proved too strong and swept William away, Brian added.
On Wednesday night, Brian told MediaCorp that they had contacted William’s father in Jakarta and that he was on his way to Singapore.
The SCDF said it received a call at about 4pm on Wednesday. Eighteen personnel and several vehicles, including an ambulance and a water—rescue vehicle, were despatched.
Watched by a crowd of curious onlookers, SCDF officers searched the drain and the canal at Whampoa West and Serangoon Road, into which the drain empties.
TODAY

so sorry to hear this. I did not know that there was a loss of human life.

land118
02-06-11, 10:08

Teen found dead after falling into drain 1st challenge for our new Env Minister to tackle. From what i read in the ST today, place where teen fell was only 0.5m deep, but was swept away to a bigger drain and eventually found in the deep canal beside PIE. Kinda of freak accident. But anyone who see the BIG canal would know the concrete walls are vertical and even a good swimmer will not have much chance against strong current. Only thing is that 0.5m deep drain can also sweep away probably a 1.5-1.6m tall teenager..., current must be very strong. Wonder what new measures Gahmen will come up next ...

bargain hunter
02-06-11, 10:15
yah, this supposed once in a lifetime flash flood has really taken someone's lifetime :mad:

but if the currents are not strong, there is no way to clear the waters quickly enough. i guess the only way is to have barriers all round?

1st challenge for our new Env Minister to tackle. From what i read in the ST today, place where teen fell was only 0.5m deep, but was swept away to a bigger drain and eventually found in the deep canal beside PIE. Kinda of freak accident. But anyone who see the BIG canal would know the concrete walls are vertical and even a good swimmer will not have much chance against strong current. Only thing is that 0.5m deep drain can also sweep away probably a 1.5-1.6m tall teenager..., current must be very strong. Wonder what new measures Gahmen will come up next ...

land118
02-06-11, 10:22
yah, this supposed once in a lifetime flash flood has really taken someone's lifetime :mad:

but if the currents are not strong, there is no way to clear the waters quickly enough. i guess the only way is to have barriers all round? Quite unfortunate :mad: , unnecessary, could have been prevented. Maybe railing at the pavement to prevent falling into the 0.5m deep drain need to be done. Grill to be fixed at small drain entry into deep drain.

Feel sorry for the parents. My condolescene to the family.

Wild Falcon
02-06-11, 10:24
The first death during a flood at Novena. This is serious, and yesterday's rain wasn't that heavy.

TODAY

land118
02-06-11, 10:34
The first death during a flood at Novena. This is serious, and yesterday's rain wasn't that heavy. If i am not wrong, last time Orchard road flood also happened around this period, June. Now flood in Novena, but no joke, now 1 person die and son of Foreigner.

bargain hunter
02-06-11, 10:45
dun like that leh, you are driving you know who up the wall liao, key words: novena, flood, foreigner, death

If i am not wrong, last time Orchard road flood also happened around this period, June. Now flood in Novena, but no joke, now 1 person die and son of Foreigner.

hopeful
02-06-11, 10:45
good news, with 1 less young foreigner in Singapore.
1) potentially less crowding in public transport.
2) potentially public and private housing will be cheaper.
3) potentially less competition for good schools and universities to compete with Singaporeans.
4) potentially less competition for jobs with Singaporeans

1 down, 2 million more to go......

bargain hunter
02-06-11, 10:48
why are u so mean to your fellow indonesian? :confused:

3) potentially less competition for good schools and universities to compete with Singaporeans.

proper-t
02-06-11, 10:52
Based on what you observed on the ground and mentioned, that means if we want good living environment, no over-crowding, good elegent neighbours (generally) etc, then buy live in prime properties! :p

So people who can comfortably afford would mostly move from OCR to prime. :cheers1: So it is clear what investment strategy people should adopt going forward. :D

Most prime and superprime condos are bought up or majority rented to foreigners as well.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not anti-foreigners or advocating elitist principles and welcome the foreigners here to buy and rent our condos. But if the intention of some of our rich local buyers is to escape from foreigner 'enclaves', what's the difference in moving from an OCR condo which is majority occupied with foreigner to a super prime one which is also majority occupied with foreigners. You may say that the well-heeled ones make better neighbours which may very well be the case, but I have come across some when I was staying in a orchard road condo which can be quite obnoxious as well.

What's the investment strategy then????

joe0599
02-06-11, 10:52
From yesterday news, NTUC chief is thinking of proposing setting quota for foreign PMETs (eg work pass) preventing the whole company's top management are all foreigners....I think this will increase the employability of singaporean and inturn salary...which means higher ppty price or lesser foreigner means lower rental and inturn lower ppty price??

devilplate
02-06-11, 10:53
flash flood is just so LAME!

i believe main reason due to clogging of drains due to massive construction of MRT and buidlings within the past few yrs:doh:

govt BETTER WAKE UP!

devilplate
02-06-11, 10:55
From yesterday news, NTUC chief is thinking of proposing setting quota for foreign PMETs (eg work pass) preventing the whole company's top management are all foreigners....I think this will increase the employability of singaporean and inturn salary...which means higher ppty price or lesser foreigner means lower rental and inturn lower ppty price??

bigger units will be jialat....top mgmt expats will shrink further in numbers

BIG units....i am waiting for uuuuuu:D :cheers6:

land118
02-06-11, 10:59

1 down, 2 million more to go...... Spare a thought la. But I saw in the ST papers today, the picture of the parents. Think there was an LV bag in the picture...should be the mom's, this one is rich, can keep since contributing to high rental...

bargain hunter
02-06-11, 11:02
me too, me too. :ashamed1: but need a few years lah, earliest 2013 for the big units to see some real GSS. now no problem leh, all can tahan it seems? so far? :tongue3:

proper-t
02-06-11, 11:04

haha....grab it !!!

You mean this???

Foreign worker policies may have to be tweaked: Lim Swee Say

by Joanne Chan (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
04:47 AM Jun 02, 2011

SINGAPORE - With foreign investments here bringing in more jobs than Singaporeans can fill, the labour movement is shifting its focus in line with ground sentiment expressed in the recent General Election: That Singaporeans should come first.

As a result, foreign labour policies may have to be tweaked, labour chief Lim Swee Say indicated yesterday as he acknowledged that being employed is not enough to satisfy the public's aspirations; Singaporeans want better jobs and the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) is reshaping itself towards this goal to be more pro-worker.

"Given the full employment situation ... it's only natural Singaporeans expect more can be done to enable them to take on better employment in Singapore," Mr Lim said at a media briefing on NTUC's leadership changes.

"Low-wage workers want higher wages. For PMETs (professionals, managers, executives, technicians), they want better and faster career advancement and so on ... This is something the labour movement recognises and accepts."

He said all segments of Singaporean workers - from rank-and-file and mature workers to women returning to the workforce and PMETs - must be protected, with ideas already being suggested by the unions. For instance, a cap on foreign PMETS.

"To avoid the situation whereby certain industries (or) companies are overly dominated by foreign PMETs ... some unions suggested introducing some dependency ceiling for PMETs," Mr Lim said.

Another suggestion: Give higher access to foreign workers to companies who hire mature workers or to firms that are committed to improving the skills and productivity of Singaporeans.

These ideas are not cast in stone and, in another new priority for the labour movement, it will engage the public and businesses to reflect their concerns, so there is greater transparency in policy formulation.

While many Singaporeans may be familiar with various policies, they may not know the rationale behind them, said Mr Lim.

Even as Singapore seeks the right balance between pro-business and pro-worker, he stressed that the two are not "mutually exclusive" and neither should come at the expense of the other. The labour movement wants to maintain the country's competitiveness.

NTUC will increase its outreach to non-unionised sectors to get them on board as early adopters of new policies.

New leaders come on board

NTUC's reshaping exercise comes as new leaders also come on board. Mr Ong Ye Kung, part of the People's Action Party team that lost in Aljunied Group Representation Constituency, has been promoted from assistant secretary-general to deputy secretary-general, replacing Madam Halimah Yacob, who is now Minister of State (Community Development, Youth and Sports).

Ms Cham Hui Fong, a former Nominated MP who has been overseeing industrial relations in NTUC, becomes assistant secretary-general - taking over Mrs Josephine Teo, who had been appointed as Minister of State (Finance and Transport).

Asked why Madam Halimah and Mrs Teo did not keep their NTUC appointments concurrently, Mr Lim said, "If you look at what the Prime Minister is doing with the new Cabinet, I'd say that everyone is very stretched now ... And on the part of the NTUC, I'm also using this opportunity to create more space as part of leadership development."

He added that it will be up to union delegates to choose his successor eventually: "My objective is to keep creating options ... for the delegates to select. The day the labour movement runs out of options, then I've failed in my duty."

NTUC deputy secretary-general Heng Chee How, who is also Senior Minister of State (Prime Minister's Office), and NTUC assistant secretary-general Seng Han Thong are the other key labour movement leaders.

In a statement on the leadership changes, Deputy Prime Minister and Manpower Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam extended "a warm hand of friendship" to the new team.

"My Minister of State (Tan) Chuan-Jin and I have just joined Ministry of Manpower as well, and together with Senior Parliamentary Secretary Hawazi Daipi, we certainly look forward to working closely with the NTUC team and employers," said Mr Tharman, who is also Finance Minister.

"There are challenges to be addressed, and I'm sure we can build on the strong fundamentals to create better jobs and better lives for all Singaporeans."

devilplate
me too, me too. :ashamed1: but need a few years lah, earliest 2013 for the big units to see some real GSS. now no problem leh, all can tahan it seems? so far? :tongue3:

now no problem....peanut int rate...can leave it vacant mah...

i m waiting patiently for int rate to return back to normal rate of 3-4%:D

hopeful
why are u so mean to your fellow indonesian? :confused:

I am cheering for anti-foreigner sentiment here :rolleyes:

devilplate
02-06-11, 11:14
the drain is located near to montebleu?

SpinCity
02-06-11, 11:16

It is sad to see such a comment from a human being

By the way, he is a 15 year-old tourist

devilplate
02-06-11, 11:19
Most prime and superprime condos are bought up or majority rented to foreigners as well.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not anti-foreigners or advocating elitist principles and welcome the foreigners here to buy and rent our condos. But if the intention of some of our rich local buyers is to escape from foreigner 'enclaves', what's the difference in moving from an OCR condo which is majority occupied with foreigner to a super prime one which is also majority occupied with foreigners. You may say that the well-heeled ones make better neighbours which may very well be the case, but I have come across some when I was staying in a orchard road condo which can be quite obnoxious as well.

avoid OCR landed at all cost bcoz more obnoxious incidents/behaviour may occur....fighting over car spaces which may results in childish vandalism.....and u can nvr control ur neighbours....they rent to china/indians and become gambling den/prost....den u good game liao:tongue3: ....u complain to authorities, they may get back to u....landed no security guard and fencing so low...can easily climb over.....unless u employ gurkhas:p

SpinCity
02-06-11, 11:24
avoid OCR landed at all cost bcoz more obnoxious incidents/behaviour may occur....fighting over car spaces which may results in childish vandalism.....and u can nvr control ur neighbours....they rent to china/indians and become gambling den/prost....den u good game liao:tongue3: ....u complain to authorities, they may get back to u....landed no security guard and fencing so low...can easily climb over.....unless u employ gurkhas:p

Haha, totally agree
By the way, is there any statistics on the percentage of landed properties that are owner-occupied vs rented-out?

linchong84
02-06-11, 11:25
Two Singaporeans buy a 4 room HDB flat directly from URA when they are in twenties for their newly established family, over time together with the increase of their income they move to a bigger HDB flat is a more desirable location. Assuming the appreciation in their HDB flats is faster than inflation, by the time they reach their retirement age, they have a few options with their HDB flat: they do nothing and keep staying there as long as their savings is enough to support their expenses, or they can sell and rent with a significant sum of profit from the sale in their pocket; they can also downgrade to a smaller flat, ........ What they don't have to do is to sleep on the street or move the Batam.

Even though they only own one flat at any time in their life, will they be benefit from the price appreciation? I think so. If as you suggest that the price increase by 5 times, I think they will be even happier

If they do nothing and keep staying there (most likely scenario), they don't realise the gain/appreciation, but they kena the social costs like what I mentioned, eg squeezy mrt, increasing cost of living etc.

If they sell and rent (normally only people who are in financial difficulties do such things because they need fast money), they will lose their asset. So how can losing an asset be a good and happy thing for them?

If they downgrade to a smaller size flat (not the majority), like what you say they are downgrading. Downgrading is a very happy thing to do meh? The richer guys turn richer and richer due to foreigners but they have to downgrade to get some money. They will be happy?

I'm not saying literally they have to sleep on the streets because the options you highlighted are the actual real-life solutions they take. But the question is are they happy/contented with the options? They don't understand about how foreigners are impt to singapore's economy. What they see everyday is that the houses are becoming more and more expensive and their children might have difficulty paying for one in future. What say see is the GDP grows 10-20%, but their salary only grow 5% or never grow at all, or even risk losing their jobs to foreigners. What they see is some people earn from flipping properties due to rapid property price appreciation but they don't earn anything it and still got to work hard while suffering the social costs. This is what they see and perhaps, what they think?

DISCLAIMER: The above is what I think they feel, NOT ME. NOT ME. NOT ME, because i am not in that situation. So pls don't flame me or curse me.

proper-t
02-06-11, 11:27

Yep, must be selective in choosing landed. I always to do a walkabout and 'interview' the neighbours first. For condos, much harder to determine unless you can camp there overnight. You won't know till you move in.

DaytonaSS
02-06-11, 11:30
If they do nothing and keep staying there (most likely scenario), they don't realise the gain/appreciation, but they kena the social costs like what I mentioned, eg squeezy mrt, increasing cost of living etc.

If they sell and rent (normally only people who are in financial difficulties do such things because they need fast money), they will lose their asset. So how can losing an asset be a good and happy thing for them?

If they downgrade to a smaller size flat (not the majority), like what you say they are downgrading. Downgrading is a very happy thing to do meh? The richer guys turn richer and richer due to foreigners but they have to downgrade to get some money. They will be happy?

I'm not saying literally they have to sleep on the streets because the options you highlighted are the actual real-life solutions they take. But the question is are they happy/contented with the options? They don't understand about how foreigners are impt to singapore's economy. What they see everyday is that the houses are becoming more and more expensive and their children might have difficulty paying for one in future. What say see is the GDP grows 10-20%, but their salary only grow 5% or never grow at all, or even risk losing their jobs to foreigners. What they see is some people earn from flipping properties due to rapid property price appreciation but they don't earn anything it and still got to work hard while suffering the social costs. This is what they see and perhaps, what they think?

DISCLAIMER: The above is what I think they feel, NOT ME. NOT ME. NOT ME, because i am not in that situation. So pls don't flame me or curse me.

Funny leh, y u keep posting about what u think others feel? U not in their situation what. How about u start posting how u feel? So we can have a meaning discussion.....

devilplate
02-06-11, 11:31
Yep, must be selective in choosing landed. I always to do a walkabout and 'interview' the neighbours first. For condos, much harder to determine unless you can camp there overnight. You won't know till you move in.

for condos wif security guards....very low risk of ur neighbouring units turning into gambling den/illegal activities ....not enuff parking lots....got cctv everywhr....and u just nid to install extra iron wrought grill outside ur main door for extra protection if need

just avoid geylang apts and older and big apts like pearlbank in city fringe areas

linchong84
02-06-11, 11:34
Funny leh, y u keep posting about what u think others feel? U not in their situation what. How about u start posting how u feel? So we can have a meaning discussion.....

I feel happy with the situation now. The foreigners don't affect my life negatively and i hope they continue to flood in. But this kind of feelings should be quite norm in the forum. That's why no point everybody keep on repeat this. It's more interesting to discuss why people don't like foreigners.

Regulators
02-06-11, 11:35
National parks board lagi best, two people killed by falling trees in bukit batok nature park and they blame it on act of god. If you go to the park, you will know it is accident waiting to happen.
1st challenge for our new Env Minister to tackle. From what i read in the ST today, place where teen fell was only 0.5m deep, but was swept away to a bigger drain and eventually found in the deep canal beside PIE. Kinda of freak accident. But anyone who see the BIG canal would know the concrete walls are vertical and even a good swimmer will not have much chance against strong current. Only thing is that 0.5m deep drain can also sweep away probably a 1.5-1.6m tall teenager..., current must be very strong. Wonder what new measures Gahmen will come up next ...

proper-t
02-06-11, 11:37
for condos wif security guards....very low risk of ur neighbouring units turning into gambling den/illegal activities ....not enuff parking lots....got cctv everywhr....and u just nid to install extra iron wrought grill outside ur main door for extra protection if need

just avoid geylang apts and older and big apts like pearlbank in city fringe areas

There will always be horror stories for both landed and condos. What I am saying is that its easier to do an assessment with landed rather than condos. For landed, you can always walk around and observe your neighbours quite easily. For condos, you are only limited to the viewing period set by the agents.

devilplate
02-06-11, 11:37
National parks board lagi best, two people killed by falling trees in bukit batok nature park and they blame it on act of god. If you go to the park, you will know it is accident waiting to happen.

i wtinessed twice oredi....one time walking.....a big tree branch fell.....just about 15-20steps ahead of me....

another occasion is when i am driving, another tree branch fell off....tat one even closer...about 5-10steops ahead....

count myself lucky

if u really scared, wear army helmet especially u r doing trekking in bukit timah reserves/macritchie....hahahhaaha

linchong84
02-06-11, 11:39

That one still ok. 2-3 months ago, after a heavy downpour, i think around 100 tress must have uprooted along mandai road. I took 1-2 hours to drive from bukit panjang to yishun cos 2 lanes were closed and the other direction close totally cos all 3 lanes kena trees. Even if you drive past there now, some of the trees planted in the road divider are still tilted to one side and look like it will be uprooted in the next big downpour. But national parks also bochap..

Regulators
02-06-11, 11:43
There are thousands of trees lined up along expressways and roads with huge branches overhanging the road, if one day a branch crashes into a person's windscreen and the person crashes the car and dies, is the govt going to blame it on act of god again? It is very dangerous for trees to crouch over the road like that even though it looks nice, but the authorities seem not to pay too much attention to it :doh:
i wtinessed twice oredi....one time walking.....a big tree branch fell.....just about 15-20steps ahead of me....

another occasion is when i am driving, another tree branch fell off....tat one even closer...about 5-10steops ahead....

count myself lucky

if u really scared, wear army helmet especially u r doing trekking in bukit timah reserves/macritchie....hahahhaaha

SpinCity
02-06-11, 11:45

count myself lucky

one time walking in the zoo and hit by 3 bird poo drops in 2 seconds
visited the zoo again in the following week, a Orang utan peed from a tree branch 6 meter from the ground just 30 cm in front of my face
hahahah

devilplate
02-06-11, 11:46
There are thousands of trees lined up along expressways and roads with huge branches overhanging the road, if one day a branch crashes into a person's windscreen and the person crashes the car and dies, is the govt going to blame it on act of god again? It is very dangerous for trees to crouch over the road like that even though it looks nice, but the authorities seem not to pay too much attention to it :doh:

does insurance cover if tree branch hit my car?

devilplate
02-06-11, 11:48
one time walking in the zoo and hit by 3 bird poo drops in 2 seconds
visited the zoo again in the following week, a Orang utan peed from a tree branch 6 meter from the ground just 30 cm in front of my face
hahahah

wow...got tio TOTO/4D anot? hehe

birds very gd at aiming n they simply love CLEAN toilet....once i just waxed my car....i tot park under the shade....1hr later my whole car kena bomb by about 10-20 bird droppings:banghead:

DaytonaSS
02-06-11, 12:01
I feel happy with the situation now. The foreigners don't affect my life negatively and i hope they continue to flood in. But this kind of feelings should be quite norm in the forum. That's why no point everybody keep on repeat this. It's more interesting to discuss why people don't like foreigners.

so its not all bad right.

In business and some other bros here, more population is actually good for them. In fact i cant think of any business is suffering as a result of more pple.

If its good for u, then y advocate something that is negative for u? You really wish for something that is good for others and bad for u? Education is the only way out of the downward spirial that some of the poor pple are trapped in. Keeping the foreign talent out is not going to help anyone. Where the cheap labours go, the MNC goes. Its is naive to simply think think that we keep cheap labours out, they pay more for the same position.

End of the day, Education n Atitudes is what it counts while competiting for a "job".

DaytonaSS
02-06-11, 12:05

while they are doing something i think u might be sleeping? so many tress overhanging, i dont think its coincidences that so far we hear of little incidences that branches dropping on cars/pple(except on thunder storm).

Check on tree's health is possible.... checking on individul branch's seems quiet imppossible

DC33_2008
02-06-11, 12:31
Before deciding on a landed, you have to be there on rainy and sunny days in the morning, afternoon and at night. Also check to make sure that neighbours do not have too many pets in particular dogs, cats. You will have problem sleeping with the barking and cats scratcing your cars. Ensure drain is clear with no rats, etc. Otherwise will have problem with mozzie and dengue.

land118
02-06-11, 12:33
wow...got tio TOTO/4D anot? hehe

birds very gd at aiming n they simply love CLEAN toilet....once i just waxed my car....i tot park under the shade....1hr later my whole car kena bomb by about 10-20 bird droppings:banghead: Bro, the bigger the shade, the more birds up there aiming. Also kena many times b4, then I go buy 4D, but never kena...:banghead:

patricia
02-06-11, 12:57

Either Teddybear is grossly overgeared or he is just too greedy (& silly )and dreaming his wealth will increase in a straight line.I wait for the day when ppt price is down to see how desperated teddy can be:)

stalingrad
02-06-11, 13:06
I wait for the day when ppt price is down to see how desperated teddy can be:)

while I am a foreigner myself, I also detest seeing so many foreigners myself. haha, talk about hypocrisy.

jwong71
02-06-11, 13:46
I wait for the day when ppt price is down to see how desperated teddy can be:)

isnt it obvious that mr teddy trying so hard/desperate to talk up the market, when the CM5 hits the market..:D

devilplate is an one honest owner, that shares his stand from bullish to neutral and to bearish.. no talk up or down:cheers1:

linchong84
02-06-11, 13:52
so its not all bad right.

In business and some other bros here, more population is actually good for them. In fact i cant think of any business is suffering as a result of more pple.

If its good for u, then y advocate something that is negative for u? You really wish for something that is good for others and bad for u? Education is the only way out of the downward spirial that some of the poor pple are trapped in. Keeping the foreign talent out is not going to help anyone. Where the cheap labours go, the MNC goes. Its is naive to simply think think that we keep cheap labours out, they pay more for the same position.

End of the day, Education n Atitudes is what it counts while competiting for a "job".

When did i advocate it? By predicting what others are thinking means i advocating? Why every forum post must have personal agenda leh?

Regulators
02-06-11, 15:19
things like these don't have to happen all the time, just have to happen once, twice or three times and we are talking about losing human lives when it can be prevented.

Enjoy reading the following articles on falling trees that killed people in singapore and wrecking properties in singapore:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/3552/4126/418712

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2653447

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20100720-227948.html

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1070426/1/.html

http://www.wildsingapore.com/news/20070506/070531-5.htm

http://www.wildsingapore.com/news/20070506/070515-5.htm

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4228931

http://sgforums.com/forums/1498/topics/405838?page=1

while they are doing something i think u might be sleeping? so many tress overhanging, i dont think its coincidences that so far we hear of little incidences that branches dropping on cars/pple(except on thunder storm).

Check on tree's health is possible.... checking on individul branch's seems quiet imppossible

teddybear
02-06-11, 15:23
Why being bullish means "talk up market"?
Why being bearish means "honest"?
Answer very obvious isn't it? :p

Talking up market here in this forum got use mah? You see forumers here too high up. Many people who can move the market are not in this forum. The few here who got moola can't move the market because number too small. :beats-me-man:

isnt it obvious that mr teddy trying so hard/desperate to talk up the market, when the CM5 hits the market..:D

devilplate is an one honest owner, that shares his stand from bullish to neutral and to bearish.. no talk up or down:cheers1:

teddybear
02-06-11, 15:24
Orchard no flood can already do. Other place I don't care. :cheers1:

DaytonaSS
02-06-11, 15:25
things like these don't have to happen all the time, just have to happen once, twice or three times and we are talking about losing human lives when it can be prevented.

Enjoy reading the following articles on falling trees that killed people in singapore and wrecking properties in singapore:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/3552/4126/418712

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2653447

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20100720-227948.html

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1070426/1/.html

http://www.wildsingapore.com/news/20070506/070531-5.htm

http://www.wildsingapore.com/news/20070506/070515-5.htm

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4228931

http://sgforums.com/forums/1498/topics/405838?page=1

Hahaha you made your point load n clear

stl67
02-06-11, 15:28

actually government very difficult to do... ...the trees is really nice and provide a lot of shade ... imagine a city like SG without treess... it will be damn hot....just walk to JB and you know what I mean...

I am a biker and the heat is something I cannot tahan.... I have to say the trees are a saviour....

of course there are accidents and worst it even kill someone... nobody wants this to happend...if every singaporean starts to find fault with the government on everything like in this case trees., it would be very sad and one day the government may chop off all the trees as nobody appreciates the extra effort they put in to make the city a greener and nicer place.

the government can only do trim the trees on off-peak hrs.... let's say there are 12 hrs of day light and minus the peak hrs, they are left with only 6 hrs each day to trim the treess... and there are millions of trees...

Regulators
02-06-11, 15:39
dont get me wrong, i love trees and agree we need trees around. i was referring to the huge braches overhanging the expressways where cars travel at high speeds in lane one. there is absolutely no way the authorities can verify the health of every tree branch that hangs over the road and in my opinion, these branches create an opportunity for accidents to happen. We can still have trees along the roads but not huge branches hanging over the road precariously.

actually government very difficult to do... ...the trees is really nice and provide a lot of shade ... imagine a city like SG without treess... it will be damn hot....just walk to JB and you know what I mean...

I am a biker and the heat is something I cannot tahan.... I have to say the trees are a saviour....

of course there are accidents and worst it even kill someone... nobody wants this to happend...if every singaporean starts to find fault with the government on everything like in this case trees., it would be very sad and one day the government may chop off all the trees as nobody appreciates the extra effort they put in to make the city a greener and nicer place.

the government can only do trim the trees on off-peak hrs.... let's say there are 12 hrs of day light and minus the peak hrs, they are left with only 6 hrs each day to trim the treess... and there are millions of trees...

wind30
02-06-11, 15:39
Before deciding on a landed, you have to be there on rainy and sunny days in the morning, afternoon and at night. Also check to make sure that neighbours do not have too many pets in particular dogs, cats. You will have problem sleeping with the barking and cats scratcing your cars. Ensure drain is clear with no rats, etc. Otherwise will have problem with mozzie and dengue.

so complicated. I just bought in the estate my wife grew up in. So we know the estate very well.

I think that is impt. Also you dunno what sort of fengshui/stories the place have. There is a house in my estate that is supposedly haunted. Change owners like many many times. Tenants actually ran away in the middle of the night...

teddybear
02-06-11, 15:47
First death during flood in Novena? :confused:
Please read the article again! The guy fell into the canal in flooded area of Balestier, at the flooded junction of Martaban Road and Minbu Road.
Please be factual about information you provide! :doh:

The first death during a flood at Novena. This is serious, and yesterday's rain wasn't that heavy.

Originally Posted by bargain hunter

TODAY

teddybear
02-06-11, 15:58
1) Why would anybody want to escape from foreigners?
2) OCR foreigners and CCR foreigners got a lot of difference! Otherwise why would Govt welcome one type with red carpet and open arms while the other need scrutiny? :p
3) Thought you say buy & live in landed most worthwhile and now you say you stay in Orchard condo? :banghead:
4) Your experience (real or not we don't know) but that could be 1 off due to your limited experience living in Orchard condo? :tongue3:
5) I live in Orchard condo all my life never experience what you experience lei. :tsk-tsk: On the other hand, the multi-nationals living in the same condo have provided many important contacts and I benefited tremendously from money-making opportunities!
6) Investment strategy? Avoid OCR landed at all costs (or cheapness)! Many OCR landed have now been occupied by PRCs and Indians PRs and converted citizens! :doh:
Fighting for car park spaces along the road is so common! How about those cats, dogs, rearing of birds and even chickens in the house and the loud noise they (they like to speak very loud), and if you anger them they can get back at you! The most they suffer is move or go back to their own country but you have no where to go in Singapore since singapore so small! :beats-me-man:

stalingrad
02-06-11, 16:00
Orchard no flood can already do. Other place I don't care. :cheers1:
very good example of what the government means by "standard English.":banghead::D

Regulators
02-06-11, 16:02
standard english is practical english in singapore :D

very good example of what the government means by "standard English."

teddybear
02-06-11, 16:07
The highlighted in red section constitutes 10% of citizens, while the rest of 90% of citizens are happy with gradually increasing property prices because of "asset enhancement". Let the foreigners and PRs take over their properties at higher and higher prices, why not? They can either downgrade, sell and rent etc when they retire, why not? Better than holding a property with no appreciation value and still need maintenance and pay loan interests! Ideally, property price appreciation should more than compensate bank loan interests. :cheers1:
Furthermore, most citizens got 1 son only, leave the property behind for him can already. got daughter can leave or don't need to live since will marry and live with husband with property. So in summary, most will be happy. Who not happy? That 10% who missed the boat and ai pi ai qi and their complaints are the loudest! We know who they are!! :doh:

teddybear
02-06-11, 16:13
What is interesting to discuss about when only that 10% don't like foreigners and keep talking bad about them? Boring! :p

teddybear
02-06-11, 16:22
For landed, your neighbours can also see you walking around and put up nice behaviour when they know people are looking at them. :eek:
For condo cannot leh.

For landed, unless you are talking about GCBs, what you do at home or in your compound easily can be seen, unless you close your curtains all day long, like in the prison. For landed near to condos or even HDBs, even worse, Whole blocks of people looking into your landed properties! What privacy is there? :p

For landed, particularly those OCR landed, always quarrel about car park spaces, neighbours' cars parked outside being scratch or vandalized, about noises, about neighbours' cats and dogs (very common since people who like to rear cats and dogs can only choose to live in landed and not condo), can even hold proper functions or gathering at home also because of car park problems! :doh:
Also if people use your address to borrow from loanshark, god blessed you! Also in OCR landed, many being partitioned and rented to foreign workers, and gambling dens and prostitute dens etc illegal activities. No way you can stop them! Oh no!!! :banghead:

There will always be horror stories for both landed and condos. What I am saying is that its easier to do an assessment with landed rather than condos. For landed, you can always walk around and observe your neighbours quite easily. For condos, you are only limited to the viewing period set by the agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proper-t

just avoid geylang apts and older and big apts like pearlbank in city fringe areas.

proud owner
02-06-11, 16:48

Good for you.

I haven't put out any for sale. But my Lucky landed, rental lease expiring in mid aug, agent put out ad in early May, last week while I was in Europe, already had 2 parties fighting for it.. Already signed my TA n scanned n emailed to agent. Also received scanned cheque.

proud owner
02-06-11, 16:55
I totally agree with you

I have badder exeperience in NY, where the local couldn't tell the difference between Asian Chinese n china Chinese. Not until I speak ...

My local friend working in a branded store told me they dislike the Big 6 cos they behave bad, talk loud etc etc.

QUOTE=Wild Falcon]Actually hor, most locals are ok with the foreign workers like construction workers and car mechanic. These are jobs that the locals shun - so we really need the construction workers and mechanic in Singapore. Or else who's gonna build our houses and repair our cars?

Having foreigners is fine. But having so much foreigner such that u start to lose your sense of identity and start having nasi lemak cooked by PRC - it's about time we relook at the immigration policy.[/QUOTE]

devilplate
02-06-11, 16:56
Why being bullish means "talk up market"?
Why being bearish means "honest"?
Answer very obvious isn't it? :p

Talking up market here in this forum got use mah? You see forumers here too high up. Many people who can move the market are not in this forum. The few here who got moola can't move the market because number too small. :beats-me-man:
True tat bearish doesnt mean honest....i can be sourgrape or just sold my ppty waiting to buy bck...lol

proud owner
02-06-11, 17:02
I seriously don't know how PAP works

Did KBW knew about the situation before the GE or after?

If before, why didn't he bring it up to MBT?

If after, then he sure have a group of ground people feeding him these info

Again, why didn't the ground people feed the same info to MBT?

A case of NO inter ministries conversation
A case of Not my ministry, I don't care attitude?

New flats in Tampines, Kallang, Whampoa?

By Alicia Wong (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/author/alicia-wong/) | SingaporeScene (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/) – Mon, May 30, 2011

Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fsingaporescene%2Ftens-thousands-rental-flats-needed-040400907.html&t=New%20flats%20in%20Tampines%2C%20Kallang%2C%20Whampoa%3F%20%7C%20SingaporeScene%20-%20Yahoo!%20News)
retweet (http://twitter.com/home?status=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fsingaporescene%2Ftens-thousands-rental-flats-needed-040400907.html)
Email (http://mtf.news.yahoo.com/mailto/?prop=news&locale=sg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fsingaporescene%2Ftens-thousands-rental-flats-needed-040400907.html&title=New%20flats%20in%20Tampines%2C%20Kallang%2C%20Whampoa%3F%20%7C%20SingaporeScene%20-%20Yahoo!%20News)
Print (http://javascript<b></b>:window.print();)

UPDATED

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/d45Ssh1WLd6.9pcMW_RuEw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/singaporescene/400yahoo_hdbflat2.jpg (http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/singaporescene/400yahoo_hdbflat2.jpg) Tens of thousands of rental flats are needed, says National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan. (Yahoo file ph …

Mature estates such as Kallang/Whampoa and Tampines could see Built-To-Order launches next year, said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Khaw+Boon+Wan&fr=fp-today&cs=bz).

He shed more light on his comments about introducing more BTO flats in mature estates in a blog post (http://mndsingapore.wordpress.com/) on Wednesday.

"HDB is still studying the details, but preliminarily, they told me that a couple of mature estates such as Kallang/Whampoa and Tampines could benefit from BTO launches next year," said the minister.

However, he also raised concern over expectations that his earlier comments raised. He flagged a Straits Times report, where a young couple living in Tanjong Pagar said they were looking forward to a BTO in their area.

Stressed Minister Khaw, "I must add that while I have asked HDB to put up more BTOs in mature estates, it will not be possible for many mature estates to benefit from this development, certainly not in the short term."

"This is because most of the matured estates are substantially built up, and there is limited land for public housing," he explained, noting that Tanjong Pagar is "fully built up" and a BTO there is "unlikely".

On Monday, he said he has asked the HDB to look into more mature estates as possibilities for BTO launches next year.

He explained, the Ministry of National Development has been "rather reluctant" to launch BTO flats in mature estates because such popular launches could attract high subscription rates and further alarm the market.

"While this is a valid concern, I believe that Singaporeans will understand that mature estate will always attract very high subscription," he said. "We should not be daunted by such a prospect, but should instead try to meet the aspirations of many young couples wanting to setup nests near their parents."

Continued Minister Khaw, "Our response should be to put up more sites in mature estates, even as we ramp up BTO launches elsewhere."

The current BTO launch for 4,000 new units in four towns has received nearly 8,000 applications. BTO projects in Tampines are the most popular, with high application rates for the 4- and 5-room flats.

The minister, however, advised young couples who are "eagerly looking for new homes" to "calculate their chances".

"My advice to them is to opt for non-mature estates. You improve considerably your chance of securing one in the new towns, instead of competing with many others for the popular projects in the mature estates."

Earlier, Minister Khaw also said in two separate occasions that Singapore would need to build "tens of thousands" of subsidised rental flats and that the HDB would build 25,000 new flats this year (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/hdb-ordered-ramp-building-flats-071846737.html).

According to mainstream media reports, the Minister said, "The problem that the HDB face is they are just short of rental flats. In the whole of Singapore today, we have about 45,000 rental flats. But that's not enough.

"It's quite clear in my mind, we need to ramp up the building of rental flats as quickly as we can. Not just by a few thousand, actually, we need to build by tens of thousands. And the earlier the better," he said, citing his encounters with single mothers and divorcees who cannot afford to buy flats at his Meet-the-People sessions.

Minister Khaw, who was speaking at a youth dialogue on Sunday, stressed that it would take several years to meet the shortfall.

According to MND figures, there were 2,300 rental flat applications in 2009 and 2010, down from 3700 in 2008. Families made up the bulk of the applications last year, and singles made up the remaining 17 percent.

Tenants pay between $26 to $275 a month, depending on the flat type.

In January, the government said it planned to build 5,000 more rental flats by next year, while keeping the proportion of rental flats at between 5 percent and 7 percent of the total number of HDB flats.

Two months later, then National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan announced that the average waiting time for these flats would be shortened to eight months this year, down from 21 months in 2008.

Some Members of Parliament told the Today newspaper that they hope to see the eligibility criteria for the Public Rental Scheme (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Public+Rental+Scheme&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) relaxed.

MP Lim Wee Kiak (Nee Soon GRC) felt the current criteria are "very strict" while MP Josephine Teo (Bishan-Toa Payoh) wondered if HDB could exercise some discretion to allow those with "extenuating circumstances" to rent temporarily, even if they do not meet the criteria.

She noted, however, the system should only cater to those who need it the most and the immediate task is to meet the demand of those who meet the existing conditions first.

Minister Khaw told reporters that before relaxing the rules, the government would have to ensure there is capacity first.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=11en71tpi/EXP=1305281630/**http%3A//twitter.com/yahoosg) and become a fan on Facebook (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=122e70rng/EXP=1305281630/**http%3A//www.facebook.com/yahoosingaporenewsroom).

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:13
Good for you.

I haven't put out any for sale. But my Lucky landed, rental lease expiring in mid aug, agent put out ad in early May, last week while I was in Europe, already had 2 parties fighting for it.. Already signed my TA n scanned n emailed to agent. Also received scanned cheque.
Can share the size, location n rental?

Snail
02-06-11, 17:25
dont get me wrong, i love trees and agree we need trees around. i was referring to the huge braches overhanging the expressways where cars travel at high speeds in lane one. there is absolutely no way the authorities can verify the health of every tree branch that hangs over the road and in my opinion, these branches create an opportunity for accidents to happen. We can still have trees along the roads but not huge branches hanging over the road precariously.

This is why the Parks Dept. has insurance against damage done by tree branches. There is no such thing as 'Act of God' when it comes to these trees, the fact is the Parks Dept. has trees therefore it MUST accept they cannot inspect every single branch and, therefore they must have insurance.

They just paid me a couple of hundred dollars for damage done to my car from a falling tree branch. It took a lot of arguing, but can be done.

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:29
This is why the Parks Dept. has insurance against damage done by tree branches. There is no such thing as 'Act of God' when it comes to these trees, the fact is the Parks Dept. has trees therefore it MUST accept they cannot inspect every single branch and, therefore they must have insurance.

They just paid me a couple of hundred dollars for damage done to my car from a falling tree branch. It took a lot of arguing, but can be done.
So ur own car insurance dun compensate and u goto argue n fight for ur compensation wif nparks?

taggy
02-06-11, 17:40
They[Parks Dept] just paid me a couple of hundred dollars for damage done to my car from a falling tree branch. It took a lot of arguing, but can be done.

sibei steady leh... learn something new here again :D

proper-t
02-06-11, 17:48
Good for you.

Congrats ! Hope yr rents keep going up and up !!!

I am sure if you test water and mkt your ppty for fun, there will be plenty of offers. Don't advise you to sell so soon tho'. Just to feel good and have sweet dreams lah....:sleep: .

FYI, my condo unit was sold without even a viewing. I sent the agent 5 pics only. After I sold, another regular agent of mine scolded me and ask why I sell so soon...said that mkt now hotting up. Still holding onto my landed and no intention to sell.

proper-t
02-06-11, 17:51

U da man:cheers4: ....even if just a few $$$, do it for the principle...

hyenergix
02-06-11, 18:03
I notice tt e govt is not renewing quite a lot of work permit. Shd have impact on population growth n rental in e next few months.

devilplate
02-06-11, 18:18
I notice tt e govt is not renewing quite a lot of work permit. Shd have impact on population growth n rental in e next few months.
May i noe ur source of info?

devilplate
02-06-11, 18:19
Congrats ! Hope yr rents keep going up and up !!!

I am sure if you test water and mkt your ppty for fun, there will be plenty of offers. Don't advise you to sell so soon tho'. Just to feel good and have sweet dreams lah....:sleep: .

FYI, my condo unit was sold without even a viewing. I sent the agent 5 pics only. After I sold, another regular agent of mine scolded me and ask why I sell so soon...said that mkt now hotting up. Still holding onto my landed and no intention to sell.
U sold at market rate or 5-10% above?

linchong84
02-06-11, 18:21
391psf.

The Housing & Development Board (HDB), as the Government’s agent, launched the land parcel at Buangkok Drive / Sengkang East Drive for tender on 30 Mar 2011 (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/BB72BCD9D20EC6FB4825786200077F46?OpenDocument).

The tender closed at 12 noon today with 4 bids received. The details of the provisional tender results are below (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/LandDevMangProlTenderBiddingResults?OpenDocument):

S/N
Name of Tenderer
Tender Price ($)
$psm/GFA ($)
Qingdao Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd
$247,000,000
$4,211.60
Opal Star Pte. Ltd. & Lum Chang Building Contractors Pte. Ltd.
$239,800,000
$4,088.83
Centurion Re Pte Ltd
$196,888,988
$3,357.15
Best Desire Investments Limited
$145,196,000
$2,475.74

devilplate
02-06-11, 18:25
First death during flood in Novena? :confused:
Please read the article again! The guy fell into the canal in flooded area of Balestier, at the flooded junction of Martaban Road and Minbu Road.
Please be factual about information you provide! :doh:

Actually tat location is under d11....haha...not wrong to say novena too....hahaha

devilplate
02-06-11, 18:30
391psf.

The Housing & Development Board (HDB), as the Government’s agent, launched the land parcel at Buangkok Drive / Sengkang East Drive for tender on 30 Mar 2011 (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/BB72BCD9D20EC6FB4825786200077F46?OpenDocument).

The tender closed at 12 noon today with 4 bids received. The details of the provisional tender results are below (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/LandDevMangProlTenderBiddingResults?OpenDocument):

S/N
Name of Tenderer
Tender Price ($)
$psm/GFA ($)
Qingdao Construction (Singapore) Pte Ltd
$247,000,000
$4,211.60
Opal Star Pte. Ltd. & Lum Chang Building Contractors Pte. Ltd.
$239,800,000
$4,088.83
Centurion Re Pte Ltd
$196,888,988
$3,357.15
Best Desire Investments Limited
$145,196,000
$2,475.74
Alamak....missed by 9psf:ashamed1:

hyenergix
02-06-11, 18:30
May i noe ur source of info?

Less foreign workers serving in restaurants n petrol stations... my own observation.

devilplate
02-06-11, 18:32
Less foreign workers serving in restaurants n petrol stations... my own observation.
Den it shall hf impact on hdb room rental n mabe hdb whole unit

Expect food px to rise as well:(

proper-t
02-06-11, 18:37
U sold at market rate or 5-10% above?

About 12% above the last done in Mar for an equivalent unit.

linchong84
02-06-11, 18:39
Alamak....missed by 9psf:ashamed1:

haha.. ysyap too optimistic abt OCR market.. His >450 miss by even more.. This should guarentee OCR projects will still have <1k psf come end of the year..

devilplate
02-06-11, 18:40
About 12% above the last done in Mar for an equivalent unit.
Wow...power....so jealous..:(

devilplate
02-06-11, 18:43
haha.. ysyap too optimistic abt OCR market.. His >450 miss by even more.. This should guarentee OCR projects will still have <1k psf come end of the year..
391psf...contractor cum developer probably breakeven 600-650psf....850psf selling px....gona b tough to compete three ECs ....this one n austville will lose their park view in future....

proper-t
02-06-11, 18:47
For landed, your neighbours can also see you walking around and put up nice behaviour when they know people are looking at them. :eek:
For condo cannot leh.

For landed, unless you are talking about GCBs, what you do at home or in your compound easily can be seen, unless you close your curtains all day long, like in the prison. For landed near to condos or even HDBs, even worse, Whole blocks of people looking into your landed properties! What privacy is there? :p

For landed, particularly those OCR landed, always quarrel about car park spaces, neighbours' cars parked outside being scratch or vandalized, about noises, about neighbours' cats and dogs (very common since people who like to rear cats and dogs can only choose to live in landed and not condo), can even hold proper functions or gathering at home also because of car park problems! :doh:
Also if people use your address to borrow from loanshark, god blessed you! Also in OCR landed, many being partitioned and rented to foreign workers, and gambling dens and prostitute dens etc illegal activities. No way you can stop them! Oh no!!! :banghead:

Haha, might as well say that the

(a) neighbours will purposely dress up and put on make when they see people walking around.

(b) stop playing mahjong until you walk away

(c) Lock up all their noisy kids and put the dogs in the kennel until you disappear.

Please lah...I know of so many condo units where the main rooms face each other - gotta draw curtains all the time. Some blocks are so close to each other until can spit into the next unit.

One thing landed can do that condos cannot is change the orientation of their windows and doors, build fences and plant trees so that complete privacy can be maintained.

Poor teddy bear...flooded in your area until all the cotton in your head got wet and swelled up......

linchong84
02-06-11, 18:49
391psf...contractor cum developer probably breakeven 600-650psf....850psf selling px....gona b tough to compete three ECs ....this one n austville will lose their park view in future....

But some of the units in this one will get "river view" (sungei serangoon), something like H2O. Recently drove out of KPE saw national parks have finished constructing the parks and park connector along that river opposite this land. Maybe this will be their selling point.

linchong84
02-06-11, 18:54
But some of the units in this one will get "river view" (sungei serangoon), something like H2O. Recently drove out of KPE saw national parks have finished constructing the parks and park connector along that river opposite this land. Maybe this will be their selling point.

Actually this site is also just outside KPE, and surrounded on 2 sides by water. One side has already been beautified, the other side should be beautified soon according to HDB. So, maybe it's still quite a place to stay if the price is reasonable.

minority
02-06-11, 19:36

Put a erp gantry on the drain to tax it. As flow control.

minority
02-06-11, 19:41
I think we need more pple. Week day I go to the malls so empty in town. I think not enough pple. Biz suffer singaporean also suffer.

melodies
02-06-11, 20:28
By the way, not all D11 is Novena. :p
The way you say it, you might as well say all D9 is Orchard. :D

Actually tat location is under d11....haha...not wrong to say novena too....hahaha

teddybear
02-06-11, 20:34
1 thing people can do with landed is jump over the fence, break your glass windows, vandalize your cars in the open poach, and no one cares and no security guard to jaga over. :doh:
Your neighbours dogs can keep barking at every Tom dick & harry passing by and you can't do a single thing. :p

Haha, might as well say that the

(a) neighbours will purposely dress up and put on make when they see people walking around.

(b) stop playing mahjong until you walk away

(c) Lock up all their noisy kids and put the dogs in the kennel until you disappear.

Please lah...I know of so many condo units where the main rooms face each other - gotta draw curtains all the time. Some blocks are so close to each other until can spit into the next unit.

One thing landed can do that condos cannot is change the orientation of their windows and doors, build fences and plant trees so that complete privacy can be maintained.

Poor teddy bear...flooded in your area until all the cotton in your head got wet and swelled up......

devilplate
02-06-11, 20:35
By the way, not all D11 is Novena. :p
The way you say it, you might as well say all D9 is Orchard. :D
When agts market p11, they associate it wif novena leh haha

DaytonaSS
02-06-11, 20:54
Since we are on this topic, what do u guys think of balestier D12. Visited the new showroom for The Viridian (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11334), the self claimed luxury finishing . 2 bedroom unit ard 870 sqft asking 1.3xm. ard 1470 psf

hyenergix
02-06-11, 20:56
I don't have good impression of Balestier. Bad traffic and sleazy hotels. And overpriced properties leveraging on Novena :p

devilplate
02-06-11, 21:02
Since we are on this topic, what do u guys think of balestier D12. Visited the new showroom for The Viridian (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11334), the self claimed luxury finishing . 2 bedroom unit ard 870 sqft asking 1.3xm. ard 1470 psf

Repent 10yrs haha

How many units sold?

hovivi
02-06-11, 21:08
How do they upgrade when inflation is higher than income growth????

Two Singaporeans buy a 4 room HDB flat directly from URA when they are in twenties for their newly established family, over time together with the increase of their income they move to a bigger HDB flat is a more desirable location. Assuming the appreciation in their HDB flats is faster than inflation, by the time they reach their retirement age, they have a few options with their HDB flat: they do nothing and keep staying there as long as their savings is enough to suppPort their expenses, or they can sell and rent with a significant sum of profit from the sale in their pocket; they can also downgrade to a smaller flat, ........ What they don't have to do is to sleep on the street or move the Batam.

Given the current birth rate, without foreigners, what will happen to all housing price and what will be the impact of the Singaporean couple in the above scenario?

If one wants to live a better life, work harder and manage your money wisely
If one wants all the good things in life but don't want to earn it with his/her own effort, it will be easier to buy toto as PAP or WP will never build a Marq at Orchard and sell you at 500psf
If you don't study hard and work hard, you don't need a foreigner to take away your job, your classmates or colleagues who are pure-blood Singaporeans will just do that to you

SpinCity
02-06-11, 21:17
When agts market p11, they associate it wif novena leh haha

How about newton?