PDA

View Full Version : Property market sentiments 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]

teddybear
03-12-11, 10:53
That means property prices are still increasing! Who say property prices are falling? He must be a liar! Is he trying to tell us that gov is lying? :doh:

soon people may complain why increase tax when property prices are falling:D

ysyap
03-12-11, 10:55
That means property prices are still increasing! Who say property prices are falling? He must be a liar! Is he trying to tell us that gov is lying? :doh:Wrong thread... post on his thread lah... LOL! :cheers1:

dmonddd
03-12-11, 11:23
hdb prices no doubt have gone beyond the definition of public housing.

condos or apartments private already slammed with SSD to prevent heavy investments.
this probably will take some $$ off the foreigners' pockets.

gahmen floods the hdb supply.....not to forget forces of repatriated foreigners esp from philippines. do you think those who are now in Singapore will never leave?
there will be more pressure on their wages/unemployment as their gahmen sees that. will be oversupply. stats lag on time...takes a while before we see the real stress...private numbers showing less transactions and same felt by agents in the market

owners rent out quickly vacant/TOP units to show yield and then flog it off (we call it de-risk) to other investors..should ask when lease expires and compare rent to last year's (esp high and low psf) to show potential downside and upside and the country of the tenant. then we can see the undressed part...usual way of owner/agent doing packaging and window dressing

developers now flooding 2013-2015 supply and targeting hdb upgraders...let's pray for low unemployment rate for singaporeans

kane
03-12-11, 16:41
...let's pray for low unemployment rate for singaporeans

actually, just need to pray for high total employment number for singaporean and singapore prs.

the rate isn't as important as the absolute number in this case.

dmonddd
03-12-11, 20:09
actually, just need to pray for high total employment number for singaporean and singapore prs.

the rate isn't as important as the absolute number in this case.

forget PRs..they send and spend the money home. not much help

singaporeans only. btw unemployment rate is definitely trending up.

dmonddd
03-12-11, 20:24
If any of you PRs out there convert. Leech on country resources spend back home and pay high taxes back home
Cash Outflow from singapore

Gahmen always encourage conversion.

Sensitive topic I know but in bad times we should hold the country together

kane
03-12-11, 22:37
as long as the absolute number of singapore + PR owning a home here grows at a pace similar to HDB supply, you don't really need to look at the unemployment rate.

dmonddd
04-12-11, 08:25
unemployment rate is critical as it's an indicator.

although you have a home EMI needs to be settled.

in some countries you know the moment one is unemployed, daily livelihood be on savings. when that runs dry, one looks at liquidating/downgrading assets

azeoprop
04-12-11, 08:42
How come within a few months all the bulls become bears already? :scared-4:

dmonddd
04-12-11, 08:44
market changes with unexpected events...

analysts set their views forever?
that's the reason those who use nickname bull/bear should rethink..as market is cyclical and we base our views on changes.

don't you?

dmonddd
04-12-11, 08:50
is resale market slower because of agents resources being moved to new launches?

resale market slower because the agents knew that the sellers are not budging from unrealistic selling psf and agents rather not spend too much time knowing that there will not be positive results.

if i am an agent, i would....

samsara
04-12-11, 09:05
When one sells off his properties, it is difficult to not transform from a bull to a bear. Likewise when one buys new properties, it is hard to not transform from a bear to a bull. :)

One hopes for the market to crash the moment he unloads the last property on his portfolio. One hopes for the market to surge the moment he adds a property to his portfolio. This is human nature.

How come within a few months all the bulls become bears already? :scared-4:

phantom_opera
04-12-11, 10:09
You can't time the market, only manage risk

dmonddd
04-12-11, 10:35
some sees it differently..behavior drives market.....
i see market and news and actions of others drives behavior of one to adapt

We have the extremes
1) who says end of the world... nonsense
2) who says market will continue to have strong demand. Bull_ _ _ _

there's no fixed perception for rest of one life...if so, you would flow with the rest at certain point in time as you lose the simple sense of common sense.

we always hear that the stock/property gurus say when ppl at large buy, you sell same like stock, when ppl sell you buy. nope i dont agree as well

why don't we look at prices of property now across singapore....how would prices psf be ....or in any developed countries..CCR, OCR which should be higher.

London city zone 1 vs further zones

Shanghai vs 2nd tier city Tianjin

Delhi vs chennai

Demand force at work in singapore now? But over time prices should correct or normalize. Hope that some would not be badly affected financially if that happens.

think about it = why gahmen puts in cooling measures, releasing land, cautioning ppl to compare psf within same area, cautioning ppl that interest rates will not stay low forever ...oops i will hear voices later who say gahmen all out for profits (sees from half glass empty) all out to rip..

when market goes down, you will see some pointing the finger why gahmen did not lift fingers to help, subsidize losses, why gahmen did not put in more restrictions.
we shld be ashamed if so because singapore is way ahead of others in terms of citizens' intellectual level vs others.those thoughts would drive us back to 3rd world country std. let see on the hindsight.

i saw the prices on uptrend but the unexpected poo under the carpet in the west..thanks alot mates, to our global western friends for creating a big mess and i'm sure they will create more mess and hope not the social unrest or spreading /managing unrest across to/in the east.

yeah some of us want to review gahmen official pay...yeah pay peanuts we have monkeys pay bananas we get smarter chimpanzees. do you want to do an experiment and later then realize that it was a wrong decision.

think about it.

dmonddd
04-12-11, 10:51
you are probably right if below is reversed...market drives behavior

When one sells off his properties, it is difficult to not transform from a bull to a bear. Likewise when one buys new properties, it is hard to not transform from a bear to a bull. :)

One hopes for the market to crash the moment he unloads the last property on his portfolio. One hopes for the market to surge the moment he adds a property to his portfolio. This is human nature.

dmonddd
07-12-11, 09:11
Rent and selling psf hit all time high in Q3

Interesting...is it in general?
All time high rent and psf for majority of projects in D9,10,11?.

from talks with buddies and agents, the situation is not so. in fact they see stressed on prices.

the all time high prices only benefits a small pot of property. Is it?

ysyap
07-12-11, 10:51
Rent and selling psf hit all time high in Q3

Interesting...is it in general?
All time high rent and psf for majority of projects in D9,10,11?.

from talks with buddies and agents, the situation is not so. in fact they see stressed on prices.

the all time high prices only benefits a small pot of property. Is it?All it takes is for that one property that sets a record then its published with bold prints but the other 4 999 properties suffer a decline in prices... Think what your buddies and agents say is more accurate coz there are likely more stresses in the property prices than 'all time highs'. :p

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 11:53
1701 PC + 153 EC = total 1854 units sold in NOV

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 12:02
Bedok Resi 477
Palette 367
Parc Vera 83
Arc at Tampines (EC) 73
D'weave 70
Suites at Bukit Timah 46
Cardiff Resi 36
The Minton 35
Scotts Tower 31
Central Imperial 30
Blossom Resi (EC) 28
Austville (EC) 27
Boathouse 23
Thomson Grand 23
Euhabitat 22
Seawind 22
Seastrand 20
Regent Resi 19
Charlton Resi 18
Woodhaven 17
Terasse 15
Treasure Trove 13
Centro Resi 12
Waterview 12
Riverparc (EC) 11
Scotts Square 11
Studio 8 11
Waterfront Isle 11
Canopy (EC) 10
Vacanza 10

amk
15-12-11, 13:05
I was looking at Scotts square:

SCOTTS SQUARE SCOTTS ROAD Wheelock Properties (Singapore) Ltd Non-Landed CCR 338 263 263 0 11 11 4,334 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitPriceDetails.do?hdl_no=C0116) 3,634 4,456
that's very impressive sales for this month !

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 13:17
yeah TOP liao mah. BUT after dec 8 maybe just part of the history books. hahahahahaha.

I was looking at Scotts square:

SCOTTS SQUARE SCOTTS ROAD Wheelock Properties (Singapore) Ltd Non-Landed CCR 338 263 263 0 11 11 4,334 (http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitPriceDetails.do?hdl_no=C0116) 3,634 4,456
that's very impressive sales for this month !

Alan Shearer
15-12-11, 13:38
90% OF ALL ASKING PRICES ARE UP BY AROUND 10%

Backfiring!:hell-hath-no-fury:

ysyap
15-12-11, 14:30
Dec's figures will indeed be interesting... ;)

phantom_opera
15-12-11, 15:01
if cm5 does not work, guess capital gain tax is coming

China-A below 2.2k @ 3y low ... the system must purge out the die-hard retail holders

peterng8
15-12-11, 15:04
if cm5 does not work, guess capital gain tax is coming

China-A below 2.2k @ 3y low ... the system must purge out the die-hard retail holders

than another round of marking up the price by sellers...what is a million dollars condo that is out far out of city...people are still biting...:o

Only way to is interest rate up buyer and existing sellers also affected both sides get hit..price will sure down immediate...coupled with current environment..:o but cannot happen, people will die..

phantom_opera
15-12-11, 15:09
than another round of marking up the price by sellers...what is a million dollars condo that is out far out of city...people are still biting...:o

lol ... like I always said, when a lift reaches the top floor, always got ppl rushing in ... otherwise how to make $$

dmonddd
15-12-11, 15:19

standalone figures do not show anything.
comparison with figures in early of the year would be good to check sentiment

dmonddd
15-12-11, 15:23
minister already cautioned ppl - look ard you pricing of other projects before you jump into new projects

HK developers just abolished what our developers are doing - pricing based on demand and supply

buy movie ticket - we also know what's the price
buy condo - dunno psf

dmonddd
15-12-11, 15:36
if developers cant sell all units at launch, do they need to pay stamp duty?
is that the case?

kane
16-12-11, 07:43

Dec numbers should be slow given the knee jerk response. Jan lots of people preparing for Chinese New Year. A good gauge should be Feb when people start collecting their bonuses.

ysyap
16-12-11, 07:56
Dec numbers should be slow given the knee jerk response. Jan lots of people preparing for Chinese New Year. A good gauge should be Feb when people start collecting their bonuses.What bonus in Feb? Thought the biggest bonus is in Dec, 13th month, 14th month, 15th month, plus plus plus? :D

kane
16-12-11, 08:03
What bonus in Feb? Thought the biggest bonus is in Dec, 13th month, 14th month, 15th month, plus plus plus? :D

In my cicrcle of friends, the bonuses are after the turn of the year. I guess it depends on sectors then.

dmonddd
16-12-11, 20:46
just checked one project.....

the axis D11

Jan 2011 $1500+psf
Jun 2011 $1300+psf
Dec 2011 $1200+psf

dmonddd
16-12-11, 20:58
seafront meyer D15

nice condo

Jan 2011 $1600+psf
Feb 2011 $1600+psf
Apr 2011 $1700+psf
Jun 2011 $1600+ psf
dec 2011 $1600+psf

gn108
16-12-11, 21:38
I liked the interior of this one as well - but the architecture is dated.
Aalto more attractive.

seafront meyer D15

nice condo

Jan 2011 $1600+psf
Feb 2011 $1600+psf
Apr 2011 $1700+psf
Jun 2011 $1600+ psf
dec 2011 $1600+psf

toiletsiao
16-12-11, 23:17
seafront meyer D15

nice condo

Jan 2011 $1600+psf
Feb 2011 $1600+psf
Apr 2011 $1700+psf
Jun 2011 $1600+ psf
dec 2011 $1600+psf

hmm this project didnt appreciate much since it went on sale 4yrs ago... i remembered it was about 1.5k~1.6k psf for 2bedrooms...was offered some units by capitaland..as my parent's investment property(First Mansion) was enbloced by DBSland for this project..

Geylang OKT
17-12-11, 06:38
hmm this project didnt appreciate much since it went on sale 4yrs ago... i remembered it was about 1.5k~1.6k psf for 2bedrooms...was offered some units by capitaland..as my parent's investment property(First Mansion) was enbloced by DBSland for this project..

No $600psf No Buy! :D :D :D

dmonddd
17-12-11, 10:38
my take -prices of landed houses (except sentosa) will hold..niche market. no foreigners' intervention.

i will like to own 1 for own stay but can't afford. land is scarce
won't go wrong with landed...may go wrong if for investment. rent yield is low

DC33_2008
17-12-11, 10:44
First buyer of land in Sentosa is able to sell only after the house is completed. Good anti-flipping measures.
my take -prices of landed houses (except sentosa) will hold..niche market. no foreigners' intervention.

i will like to own 1 for own stay but can't afford. land is scarce
won't go wrong with landed...may go wrong if for investment. rent yield is low

dmonddd
17-12-11, 10:45
dun understand why some see prices drop in landed property..unless some hope others are dumbo and saying so will create panic and landed property owners will sell at deep discounts...

i see prices for landed property to remain stable and would be stronger if market continues to receive good news.
most landed property owners have already reached the million $ mark on net assets
secondly, prices of landed property in singapore cheaper compared to hong kong..why hong kong? other than hong kong, singapore tax is comparatively low within asia

sadly sigh i cant afford 1..bukit timah or siglap landed properties are nice

dmonddd
17-12-11, 10:47
First buyer of land in Sentosa is able to sell only after the house is completed. Good anti-flipping measures.

investing in landed requires more capital $$$ esp. sentosa
different league - ultra premier league
sentosa island leasehold versus main island most freehold...

ysyap
17-12-11, 11:22
investing in landed requires more capital $$$ esp. sentosa
different league - ultra premier league
sentosa island leasehold versus main island most freehold...As you've mentioned, different league lah... so cannot compare de... :spliff:

dmonddd
17-12-11, 12:43
my take holds on prices of landed property to remain resilient and stronger if there are more good news from the west

iwantgizmos
22-12-11, 12:54
Since the year is drawing to a close, looks like a similar thread needs to be created for us to continue this discussion for 2012... :)