PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

smpeh
16-08-11, 13:51
When I pack up for WatervieW, I'm young again!!! Now I'm the West facing!!! My balcony can fry eggs in seconds!!!! But like you mentioned, it helps when it comes to laundry!! Kill germs too!!! Hahahah!!!!

I need the cool-air at WV!!! No more hot laundries!!! Hot pool view maybe!!:p

Hi Desquire, u sure that we will be facing the west sun?:banghead:

East Lover
16-08-11, 14:14
We consumers are always cheated left, right, front and back 360 degrees!! This one involves thousands of dollars!!! hehehe. What to do. I think my stack is more like SW facing? Maybe a little light but hopefully blocked by the wing blocks!! The reservoir facing is to 'die-for' sis but in the afternoon a little hot maybe cause it's very open. You get both win and light. This is what we call best of both worlds and fengshui!!

You have air in atmosphere, water in reservoir, fire in sun and metal in your furniture!!!:D

Let's convert to chinese 5 elements:
"水" - water in reservoir,
“土" - in my little garden
“火”- fire in sun
“木”- woods in furnitures
"金" - metal in home appliances

hahaha :D:D :D

iwantgizmos
16-08-11, 14:16
I think this evening sun topic is getting too heavy... I have been living facing the west sun for years... The heat is ok lah.... Some might have exaggerated a bit.... Also a ceiling fan in my living room is the only thing keeping it cool daily... I don't have to switch on the air-con daily...

Just don't paint your house black. Colour plays a part too. :) Plus marble flooring conduct heat very well. Add these two together, thermal heat would be insane. :scared-2:

East Lover
16-08-11, 14:24
I think this evening sun topic is getting too heavy... I have been living facing the west sun for years... The heat is ok lah.... Some might have exaggerated a bit.... Also a ceiling fan in my living room is the only thing keeping it cool daily... I don't have to switch on the air-con daily...

Just don't paint your house black. Colour plays a part too. :) Plus marble flooring conduct heat very well. Add these two together, thermal heat would be insane. :scared-2:

"marble flooring conduct heat very well"???

my marble floor super cool leh, i have to wear slipper at home! too cold for me, but just nice for my dog dog, so we decided to upgrade flooring to marble in WV also.

desquire
16-08-11, 15:52
Hi Desquire, u sure that we will be facing the west sun?:banghead:
No no no my dearest stack mate. My present home that is. Over at WV we will be the SW facing unit. Hehe. :D

Btw which level are you at?:p

TKT
16-08-11, 15:54
As someone who lived in a unit that was NW facing (MBR+2BR+living) had west sun for almost 10yrs, I can attest that it is terrible.

OK, in a few months of the year when the sun moves slightly different angle, then it is not too bad - but when it shines into the house, it is just too hot and it doesnt go off till at least 8-9pm.

So for those contemplating units with direct West, take my advice, not worth it lar... we are living in the tropics and literally the heat can fry eggs! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And to add, the blardy developer with such a huge piece of land, why must have units facing west... in many countries people will shun units with west sun and thats why 'enlightened' developers will offer only NS facing units and very minimal units with any west sun facing.

Here, squeeeeeze you each psf with planter, balcony, yard, etc all counted... then squeeeeeeze the blocks location where possible to add in more units... to maximise profits! Die your problem! :tsk-tsk:
:hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

desquire
16-08-11, 15:54

my marble floor super cool leh, i have to wear slipper at home! too cold for me, but just nice for my dog dog, so we decided to upgrade flooring to marble in WV also.
That's why it's cool. It's a good conductor of heat. So your feet will feel nice and not burning. Hehe. :p

iwantgizmos
16-08-11, 15:56

yah. perhaps I was wrong. hee hee...

mkl22
16-08-11, 16:25
just a question for those with west facing. which would you take?

1. West facing with good views.
2. South Facing but facing a semi major road.

smpeh
16-08-11, 16:31
No no no my dearest stack mate. My present home that is. Over at WV we will be the SW facing unit. Hehe. :D

Btw which level are you at?:p

:cool: :cool: COOL!!!!:cool: :cool:

We will be at 14th floor :D , U???

Thinking of joining the master with another 2nd room as I think the view from the 2nd room will be better than the master, any recommendations? :2cents:

East Lover
16-08-11, 16:33
just a question for those with west facing. which would you take?

2. South Facing but facing a semi major road.

at least you can have half day to enjoy, and you can turn on air-cond for hot day, some more, SG have at least 1/3 of rainning day per year?

road noise depends on individual. some can't take it.

Stoney Stone Stone
16-08-11, 17:45

at least you can have half day to enjoy, and you can turn on air-cond for hot day, some more, SG have at least 1/3 of rainning day per year?

If possible, try not to get west facing stack.
Leave the West facing stack for the Ang Mo.
They love strong Sun.
BTW, UWCSEA is near to WV.:D

desquire
16-08-11, 18:06
:cool: :cool: COOL!!!!:cool: :cool:

We will be at 14th floor :D , U???

Thinking of joining the master with another 2nd room as I think the view from the 2nd room will be better than the master, any recommendations? :2cents:
I'm on the ninth. Hehe. Yup, in fact I was thinking of merging it too but I don't have space for my furnitures!!! Arrghh!!! It would be great if you dun need the additional room and an extent it to the master bedroom. :D

desquire
16-08-11, 18:10

I would have chosen the same thing too. Great minds always think alike. Hahaha. :D

flagship74
16-08-11, 18:35
My take; i would never buy a unit with afternoon sun. But if u consider to buy one unit, please ask the salesman to refund you the water heater, i bet u guys will never use it. :scared-5:

zxcvbnm
16-08-11, 20:08
All units have its special features, whether facing quary or reservoir

Dreamerz
16-08-11, 23:11
If you were to ask me, I never one regretted this decision of mine. At such a good location, (maybe not to others) and such a price. It's worth it. The stacks also can be rather 'stressful' as it is. All the stacks has its advantages and very well scattered, not too close to one another. :D :D

The only concern I have till today is - will the real completed unit be of the same size as the showroom? Has the showrrom been tweaked to make it more spacious? God knows...:confused:

I'm sure SL is better than FEO.... What u buy is what u get...:D

desquire
17-08-11, 09:00
I'm sure SL is better than FEO.... What u buy is what u get...:D

That's what people say. Including those who have direct experience with SL. One mentioned that their workmanship and items are quite lasting. We shall see if this holds true very soon. Menwhile we must keep our fingers cross. Maybe can check with Clover residents who just TOP'ed. :D

Kengar
17-08-11, 10:03
That's what people say. Including those who have direct experience with SL. One mentioned that their workmanship and items are quite lasting. We shall see if this holds true very soon. Menwhile we must keep our fingers cross. Maybe can check with Clover residents who just TOP'ed. :D

Yeah looking forward to see actual pictures from our Clover Cousins at their thread...:D

desquire
17-08-11, 12:09
Yeah looking forward to see actual pictures from our Clover Cousins at their thread...:D

They have been busy and excited over their new home. One of my colleague bought a unit there. He said all very good!!! hehehheheh:D

chestnut
17-08-11, 20:16
They have been busy and excited over their new home. One of my colleague bought a unit there. He said all very good!!! hehehheheh:D

Just gotten keys at clover. The workmanship at my unit was pretty good. First project I have with SL. At clover, the flooring was marble. Also have a unit at WV. :)

Stoney Stone Stone
17-08-11, 21:19
Just gotten keys at clover. The workmanship at my unit was pretty good. First project I have with SL. At clover, the flooring was marble. Also have a unit at WV. :)

Congratulation...., my future neighbour.
Your piece of msg make me have more confident on SL.
Never regret to choose SL. :)

desquire
17-08-11, 22:46
Yeah!! You must be ecstatic. You must be a true SL fan!!!! Post some pics for us here!!! You hv a great collection!!!hehe :p

kEN9170
17-08-11, 22:46
My colleague not so lucky for his Clover's unit.
To list a few....

Toilet
- Leakage under the sink
- Uneven floor tiles

Kitchen
- Uneven cabinet doors
- Uneven floor tiles at kitchen
- Uneven kitchen drawer

Bedroom
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Hollow parquet
- Rough, uneven and unvarnished parquet
- Faulty locks for wardrobe drawers
- Scratches on bedroom doors

Living
Several cracked marble tiles

iwantgizmos
17-08-11, 22:53
To list a few....

Toilet
- Leakage under the sink
- Uneven floor tiles

Kitchen
- Uneven cabinet doors
- Uneven kitchen drawer

Bedroom
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Hollow parquet

Living
got so many problem meh? chun boh?

kEN9170
17-08-11, 22:58
You can find them in their forum. Have pics too.

got so many problem meh? chun boh?

minami3
17-08-11, 23:33
To list a few....

Toilet
- Leakage under the sink
- Uneven floor tiles

Kitchen
- Uneven cabinet doors
- Uneven kitchen drawer

Bedroom
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Hollow parquet

Living
Wah...so many defects :doh: But under warranty right?

chestnut
18-08-11, 00:22
Yeah!! You must be ecstatic. You must be a true SL fan!!!! Post some pics for us here!!! You hv a great collection!!!hehe :p

Actually, clover is my first SL project. I bought WV because I feel it is priced sweetly and UWC is just around the corner. So for a 1 mil property, the rental can easily fetch >3k. I believe the ROI will be around 4%, so quite happy.

Didn't take any photo leh... My clover is city view and the view is beautiful. As for WV, got the unit with MB facing reservoir and quarry.

desquire
18-08-11, 08:28
Actually, clover is my first SL project. I bought WV because I feel it is priced sweetly and UWC is just around the corner. So for a 1 mil property, the rental can easily fetch >3k. I believe the ROI will be around 4%, so quite happy.

Didn't take any photo leh... My clover is city view and the view is beautiful. As for WV, got the unit with MB facing reservoir and quarry.

You must be at stack 19. It's special for it's a two-in-one view. Flawless!!! I guess you'll put this unit up for rental insead of own stay. Meanwhile enjoy the atmosphere at Clover!!! The wait has finally come to an end. I heard many have or are in the process of selling their unit there. Such a waste but again, maybe the returns too good to resist.:D

Kengar
18-08-11, 09:58
You can find them in their forum. Have pics too.

Is the access to their forum only limited to Clover owners?
Your colleague's unit needs a major overhaul/repair with so many defects.

GForce
18-08-11, 10:58
Anybody has any idea who is the main con for clover?

chestnut
18-08-11, 14:39
You must be at stack 19. It's special for it's a two-in-one view. Flawless!!! I guess you'll put this unit up for rental insead of own stay. Meanwhile enjoy the atmosphere at Clover!!! The wait has finally come to an end. I heard many have or are in the process of selling their unit there. Such a waste but again, maybe the returns too good to resist.:D

Yup, stack 19. Not staying at clover. Renting it out. Don't intend to sell this unit. It is my retirement hope as of now. Need to see WV's view then decide which will be my final retirement home.

jbtay
18-08-11, 15:15
Is the access to their forum only limited to Clover owners?
Your colleague's unit needs a major overhaul/repair with so many defects.

Its at cloverbythepark.freeforums.org, just register
under TOP Discussion Defects

sub-contractors with sub-standard work?

desquire
18-08-11, 16:27
Yup, stack 19. Not staying at clover. Renting it out. Don't intend to sell this unit. It is my retirement hope as of now. Need to see WV's view then decide which will be my final retirement home.
It's nice being in your shoes, having an option. Wonder why Clover isn't your choice of home. Hehe. :D

chestnut
18-08-11, 18:56
It's nice being in your shoes, having an option. Wonder why Clover isn't your choice of home. Hehe. :D

When my kids(3 of them) grows up and marry, will shift to smaller unit. Either WV or Clover. The rest of my other untie are also quite big, so not worth it to stay there. In the past, a 3 bedder was 1500 sq ft.

chestnut
18-08-11, 19:15
As for defects, my unit at clover has minimal defects. It is normal to have defects. What is important is the rectification work up to satisfaction. Under the terms and condition, if the rectification is not done within acceptable time, you can engage your own contractor to rectify the issue(u need to notify the developer thru your lawyer). So really not an issue. Make the entire process of home ownership a pleasant one.

Stoney Stone Stone
18-08-11, 20:36
As for defects, my unit at clover has minimal defects. It is normal to have defects. What is important is the rectification work up to satisfaction. Under the terms and condition, if the rectification is not done within acceptable time, you can engage your own contractor to rectify the issue(u need to notify the developer thru your lawyer). So really not an issue. Make the entire process of home ownership a pleasant one.

Words of Wisdom.:)

desquire
18-08-11, 22:38
Thanks for sharing with us. Great to know tt urs come well so lesser headache. Didn't know we can engage our own contractor. Wise thoughts on your idea for the future. Many thanks our dearest future neighbor. :D

chestnut
19-08-11, 07:11
Thanks for sharing with us. Great to know tt urs come well so lesser headache. Didn't know we can engage our own contractor. Wise thoughts on your idea for the future. Many thanks our dearest future neighbor. :D

U can use your own contractor under 2 conditions:

1. U have requested for rectification and developer do not respond to you.
2. Rectification work not done to your satisfaction and you have requested for some more rework.

Under this condition, inform your lawyer who will write to developer and give him time frame to carry out the work failing which, u can then engage your own contractor to rectify the works. That is why there is still a certain amount not disperse which u can claim from.

I have done it before for small developer. So buying from small developer can be a nitemare. But again, it depends on luck.

Kengar
19-08-11, 10:11
Hi All.. just spoke to Shirley and here are some costs update for various options I am considering:

1) Cost of marble upgrade minus installation of MBR Wardrobe - $6,000

2) Installing cabinets behind 2 bathroom mirrors - $456.

Now thinking not to install wardrobe for the other 2 bedrooms too.. getting Shirley to give me a breakdown too. :)

chestnut
19-08-11, 10:39
Hi All.. just spoke to Shirley and here are some costs update for various options I am considering:

Now thinking not to install wardrobe for the other 2 bedrooms too.. getting Shirley to give me a breakdown too. :)

Kengar, if u go showroom, at the toilet there are lightings at the mirror area. Are you getting SL to run wires for u to install lights? It doesn't come with lighting points but with the lights it really looks good.

Kengar
19-08-11, 11:38
Kengar, if u go showroom, at the toilet there are lightings at the mirror area. Are you getting SL to run wires for u to install lights? It doesn't come with lighting points but with the lights it really looks good.

Yeah Chestnut, we planning to adopt the same lighting concept as the showflat bathroom. Regarding the lighting points, we were told we have to do it ourselves, hence I have never approach SL about it as i think the response would be likely "No".

Actually this is one of those questions in my mind and also the newbies to condo. if I don't ask for the lighting point for the mirror cabinet now, would it mean alot of work for my ID to install it later?

Same goes for a long list of other things that we could potentially ask SL to do now and avoid unnecessary time and costs to realign them later during renovations. One of the other thing i can think of is positions of the power points and bathroom accessories.

Chestnut, do you have any recommendation for us?

By the way, do you have any pictures of bathroom mirror cabinet installed at Clover to share?

Thanks!!! :D

desquire
19-08-11, 12:15
Yeah Chestnut, we planning to adopt the same lighting concept as the showflat bathroom. Regarding the lighting points, we were told we have to do it ourselves, hence I have never approach SL about it as i think the response would be likely "No".

Actually this is one of those questions in my mind and also the newbies to condo. if I don't ask for the lighting point for the mirror cabinet now, would it mean alot of work for my ID to install it later?

Same goes for a long list of other things that we could potentially ask SL to do now and avoid unnecessary time and costs to realign them later during renovations. One of the other thing i can think of is positions of the power points and bathroom accessories.

By the way, do you have any pictures of bathroom mirror cabinet installed at Clover to share?

Haha!! yeah bro, I think might as well ask the ID to do it for us. They would know what to do and how this and that goes better!! but $400 plus for the cabinets!! This one chop garlic into our eyes leh. So very expensive!!!:scared-3:

Kengar
19-08-11, 13:18
Haha!! yeah bro, I think might as well ask the ID to do it for us. They would know what to do and how this and that goes better!! but $400 plus for the cabinets!! This one chop garlic into our eyes leh. So very expensive!!!:scared-3:

Yo Bro Desquire, I kinda think the mirror cabinet pricing quoted by SL might be quite okay since they are for 2 wide mirror cabinets. I recall the pricing quoted by my ID to do my HDB flat 2 years ago for a small display cabinet at corner of house was already $200 plus .

If we get ID to do, the price might need to include new mirrors from ID, unless we can ask SL to keep the mirrors aside for the ID to use.

East Lover
19-08-11, 14:09

Mind to share why u give up the wardrobe from SL? Do it by ur own ID?

Kengar
19-08-11, 15:06
Mind to share why u give up the wardrobe from SL? Do it by ur own ID?

Yeah my wife prefers to have the MBR wardrobe shelvings done according to her requirements in order to accomodate her needs. :D So we likely to get the ID to do it for us.

chestnut
19-08-11, 15:23

The layout for Clover is similar to WV. If u dont do the lighting point during the main construction, there would be issues... unless you have a cabinet with mirror and the electrical wiring is concealed in the cabinet which reaches to the ceiling.... If not you will have trunking coming from the ceiling to the mirror point. I spoke with my agent to check with SL but she hasn't gotten back to us... One thing about SL, they are willing to accomodate changes in design which is very nice of them... I will try to take some pics and send to you maybe next week when I visit clover again. dont know how to post.. haha... Clover does not have lighting point at the bathroom mirror. I bought direct from SL but in 2009 and clover was already 23rd flr by then.

I feel WV will hold up in prices because of UWC. The rental will provide the price flooring as investors will look at ROI. When I buy properties for investments, I look at capital gains or ROI or both.

Kengar
19-08-11, 17:48
The layout for Clover is similar to WV. If u dont do the lighting point during the main construction, there would be issues... unless you have a cabinet with mirror and the electrical wiring is concealed in the cabinet which reaches to the ceiling.... If not you will have trunking coming from the ceiling to the mirror point. I spoke with my agent to check with SL but she hasn't gotten back to us... One thing about SL, they are willing to accomodate changes in design which is very nice of them... I will try to take some pics and send to you maybe next week when I visit clover again. dont know how to post.. haha... Clover does not have lighting point at the bathroom mirror. I bought direct from SL but in 2009 and clover was already 23rd flr by then.

I feel WV will hold up in prices because of UWC. The rental will provide the price flooring as investors will look at ROI. When I buy properties for investments, I look at capital gains or ROI or both.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have sent Shirley an email to update for this request to add lighting points to both the bathroom mirror cabinets.

Hope to get a good reply next week. :D

minami3
19-08-11, 23:56

I have sent Shirley an email to update for this request to add lighting points to both the bathroom mirror cabinets.

Hi FEC! I am still waiting for Shirley to reply on upgrading to marble flooring for my 2+1 unit. Have requested for the cost to include marble skirting. Hope the price is not too high! Btw, for the cabinet behind the mirror, will they be sliding ones? You got me thinking about it too :D

minami3
20-08-11, 00:43

Hi Kengar, is the quote $456 the total cost for cabinets in TWO bathrooms? Or is it cost per bathroom?

chestnut
20-08-11, 06:46

Kengar, for own stay, it is really nice to do up the place. Check this site up where u can see the showroom. Downlights at the toilet mirror and kitchen area.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4644433/for-sale-waterview

Will check with my agent and update u.

Kengar
20-08-11, 07:15
Hi Kengar, is the quote $456 the total cost for cabinets in TWO bathrooms? Or is it cost per bathroom?

Hi Minami3, it is the price for both bathrooms. I believe they should be swing type.

desquire
20-08-11, 08:20
It's for the both of them. :D

Dreamerz
20-08-11, 21:30

Food for thought... Why spend additional money on wardrobe when SL is providing it for free and it comes with 1 year warranty from developer... U may want to use the money elsewhere or replace it after u get bored of the design later on. By doing this, u also get to move in earlier....

Just sharing my experience. Anything goes wrong within first year, I go straight back to developer. Less headache.... :D

minami3
21-08-11, 00:33
Hi Minami3, it is the price for both bathrooms. I believe they should be swing type.
Thanks, Kengar! My hubby also says it is good to have the cabinets :) can't wait to move to WV!!! :D

Kengar
21-08-11, 22:58
Went to Expo's Home & Furnishing Fair today to get some interior design quotes.

Came across this closet specialist http://www.flexicloset.com.sg/ and got a quote of $3,250 for a 12 feet L-shape wardrobe for the MBR. The proposed design is sliding doors on the longer side, and bi-fold on the shorter side.

The wardrobes on display at the fair looks good quality, the shelvings will come with full melamine laminate to give the wood-grain feel to the entire wardrobe interior instead of the usual white; the internal poles and bars are classy aluminium looking.. definitely in my consideration in 2 years time.

Also saw the invisible grilles supplier http://www.legate.com.sg/ . The usual price is $13/sqf. Saw in their photo booklet that they have installed invisible grilles at another condo with same window designs as WV (i.e. invisible grilles covering only the 2 "openable" window panels)

minami3
21-08-11, 23:48
Went to Expo's Home & Furnishing Fair today to get some interior design quotes.

Came across this closet specialist http://www.flexicloset.com.sg/ and got a quote of $3,250 for a 12 feet L-shape wardrobe for the MBR. The proposed design is sliding doors on the longer side, and bi-fold on the shorter side.

The wardrobes on display at the fair looks good quality, the shelvings will come with full melamine laminate to give the wood-grain feel to the entire wardrobe interior instead of the usual white; the internal poles and bars are classy aluminium looking.. definitely in my consideration in 2 years time.

Also saw the invisible grilles supplier http://www.legate.com.sg/ . The usual price is $13/sqf. Saw in their photo booklet that they have installed invisible grilles at another condo with same window designs as WV (i.e. invisible grilles covering only the 2 "openable" window panels)
Hi Kengar! Thanks for sharing. I showed the pics to my hubby. Now we are thinking of customising the closets too. Also, today I went to Clover to take a look (with the help of a property agent ^-^). Love their alfresco dining area which comes with stove, cooking plate/grilles & fridge!! According to WV site plan, we also have an alfresco dining area! Hope it's the same if not better :)

East Lover
22-08-11, 14:15
Hi Kengar! Thanks for sharing. I showed the pics to my hubby. Now we are thinking of customising the closets too. Also, today I went to Clover to take a look (with the help of a property agent ^-^). Love their alfresco dining area which comes with stove, cooking plate/grilles & fridge!! According to WV site plan, we also have an alfresco dining area! Hope it's the same if not better :)
wow, you are all so active!

Did you take photo of the "alfresco dining area which comes with stove, cooking plate/grilles & fridge"? which balcony are you referring to? balcony 2?

Mind to share?

East Lover
22-08-11, 15:19

Hi Kengar, if we conver the mirror to mirror caninet, we have to give up a big piece of mirror into 2, in order to access the cabinet?

Kengar
22-08-11, 15:33
Hi Kengar, if we conver the mirror to mirror caninet, we have to give up a big piece of mirror into 2, in order to access the cabinet?

Yes.. looks like it is the case.. I recall seeing it at My Manhattan showflat.. the mirror is "cut" at the centre.. not as pretty looking as a single large piece. :D

flagship74
22-08-11, 18:32
Yes.. looks like it is the case.. I recall seeing it at My Manhattan showflat.. the mirror is "cut" at the centre.. not as pretty looking as a single large piece. :D

I saw a very beautiful ka-cheng in the mirror:o

Kengar
22-08-11, 22:46

Hi Chestnut, while you are back at Clover could you also help me take a look at the distance of the bathroom vanity to mirror cabinet. Would there be risk someone using the basin hit his/her head against the protruding cabinet?

May i also trouble you to take some pictures of the interior of the wardrobes? I can help to upload. Thanks!!

minami3
22-08-11, 23:35
wow, you are all so active!

Did you take photo of the "alfresco dining area which comes with stove, cooking plate/grilles & fridge"? which balcony are you referring to? balcony 2?

Mind to share?
Nope, i didn't take a picture. But the alfresco cooking area is about 3m in length with the fridge below the cooking section. Er...sorry, what balcony? Did i mention a balcony in my previous msg? ;p

East Lover
23-08-11, 08:59
Nope, i didn't take a picture. But the alfresco cooking area is about 3m in length with the fridge below the cooking section. Er...sorry, what balcony? Did i mention a balcony in my previous msg? ;p
oh, you are referring to the BBQ pites area??! somehow i misinterpreted the siteplan to floorplan... :cool: I thought you saw a nice reno unit which converted the balcony as alfresco dinning area.... for steamboat at balcony! hahaha :D :D :D

jbtay
23-08-11, 09:50
Hi Chestnut, while you are back at Clover could you also help me take a look at the distance of the bathroom vanity to mirror cabinet. Would there be risk someone using the basin hit his/her head against the protruding cabinet?

May i also trouble you to take some pictures of the interior of the wardrobes? I can help to upload. Thanks!!

Hi Kengar
Is this what you were looking for?
Got lots of pics from CBTP freeforums site.
Seems like SL have been using same design and materials for kitchen tops, cabinets and wardrobes for Carabelle, CBTP and Waterview.
Buy bulk, more economical I guess.
No objections really, if quality and workmanship are good.
From what I have been reading from the website, reasonably ok unless one of the unlucky ones, and even then SL has to make good.
Cheers

desquire
23-08-11, 10:11
Hi Kengar
Seems like SL have been using same design and materials for kitchen tops, cabinets and wardrobes for Carabelle, CBTP and Waterview.
From what I have been reading from the website, reasonably ok unless one of the unlucky ones, and even then SL has to make good.
Cheers

Hi... thanks so much for the images. Didn't know they use the same one for the three projects. Not forgetting for the much talked about Centrale 8 too. I wonder what's the response and outcome of the sales for now.

The wardrobes look alright to be . Simple and well shelved. I think we shall keep just that. Any idea how the master bedroom one was designed. Similar to the ones to this as well??? Thanks so much for your help!!!:D

Kengar
23-08-11, 10:18
Hi Kengar
Cheers

Yeah this is the one.. i visited their forum recently and only saw the 2 pictures on the right. The left picture is the one I am looking for .. thanks!! :D

jbtay
23-08-11, 13:22
Hi... thanks so much for the images. Didn't know they use the same one for the three projects. Not forgetting for the much talked about Centrale 8 too. I wonder what's the response and outcome of the sales for now.

The wardrobes look alright to be . Simple and well shelved. I think we shall keep just that. Any idea how the master bedroom one was designed. Similar to the ones to this as well??? Thanks so much for your help!!!:D

Wardrobes in MBR looks similar. Agree to simplicity. Clover residents very helpful.
Threads on ID, renovation, home network, etc. A resident Mr JasonX set up a blog with pics and info on his reno adventure at cloverbythepark.living.io
SL provided a Borsch microwave oven as a gift for Carabelle and a WMF set for CBTP. Wonder what's for Waterview.
Some pics of Carabelle and CBTP. Makes you wish its now Jun13.
Still, 2 years to firm up our ID. Took a brisk nordic walk from Aquarius to Waterview and across the main gate and back. Saw rebars aboveground at Chairman's block. Foundations looks completed for all units. Understand that NV Residences targetting for 1Q13 and up to 5th storey already.
Cheers

Kengar
23-08-11, 16:01
Wardrobes in MBR looks similar. Agree to simplicity. Clover residents very helpful.
Threads on ID, renovation, home network, etc. A resident Mr JasonX set up a blog with pics and info on his reno adventure at cloverbythepark.living.io
SL provided a Borsch microwave oven as a gift for Carabelle and a WMF set for CBTP. Wonder what's for Waterview.
Some pics of Carabelle and CBTP. Makes you wish its now Jun13.
Still, 2 years to firm up our ID. Took a brisk nordic walk from Aquarius to Waterview and across the main gate and back. Saw rebars aboveground at Chairman's block. Foundations looks completed for all units. Understand that NV Residences targetting for 1Q13 and up to 5th storey already.
Cheers

Woah! Thanks Bro.. this is good!

remix_sg
28-08-11, 17:23
Check these out :

http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview/ (http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview/)

http://vimeo.com/26706588 (http://vimeo.com/26706588)

East Lover
29-08-11, 17:15
'studying' the showflat photos now, just noticed that the MRB toilet has huge/standard window - so we have to put down curtain all the days??? how to keep the toilet dry like that?
http://www.makingadreamhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Blinds.jpg

also, another toilet is deep inside the house, how to keep it dry? need some smalll fan in the toilet window there? something like this?

http://www.bay.to/house/2011-03-05/bathroom_master.jpg

East Lover
29-08-11, 18:23
Also, can we use aircon ledge for laundry purpose? the west sun will be good for drying, and aircon ledge so big...

Kengar
29-08-11, 22:34
Also, can we use aircon ledge for laundry purpose? the west sun will be good for drying, and aircon ledge so big...
I think can try, I visited the Flamingo Valley showflat yesterday, they have a door that opens up to the aircon ledge where the space could be double up for storage or drying clothes. Pretty useful concept.

desquire
29-08-11, 23:23
Hi bro. I was wondering if we opt for the cabinets behind the toilet mirror, will the end product still b the same? Meaning will the mirror still be the long one? if it will have a split in between, then I guess it will not look gd. Otherwise, it's a better option in my opinion. Any ideas on it. Thanks in advance. :p

chestnut
30-08-11, 09:28
Hi bro. I was wondering if we opt for the cabinets behind the toilet mirror, will the end product still b the same? Meaning will the mirror still be the long one? if it will have a split in between, then I guess it will not look gd. Otherwise, it's a better option in my opinion. Any ideas on it. Thanks in advance. :p

Was at cbtp and wv showroom. The dimension of the glass is different.

CBTP depth-14cm height from vanity- 35cm
WV. Depth - 15cm height from vanity - 30cm

There is a cabinet below the sink.

I think if you guys are going to do a cabinet, the depth is very important. Too much and it juts out to vanity area.

Kengar
30-08-11, 12:47
Was at cbtp and wv showroom. The dimension of the glass is different.

CBTP depth-14cm height from vanity- 35cm
WV. Depth - 15cm height from vanity - 30cm

There is a cabinet below the sink.

I think if you guys are going to do a cabinet, the depth is very important. Too much and it juts out to vanity area.

Hi Chestnut, thanks for your note.

Desquire Bro, I am alittle hesitant to do the mirror cabinet now becos I think my big head might knock against it when I bend down closer to the tap. The alternative is to do my own sink and cabinet so that is will be placed slightly outwards.

East Lover
31-08-11, 09:25
I think can try, I visited the Flamingo Valley showflat yesterday, they have a door that opens up to the aircon ledge where the space could be double up for storage or drying clothes. Pretty useful concept.
can elaborate more about the "double up for storage"?

will mgmt office allow us to mount the laundry bracket in aircond ledge? :D
Cost-effective version:
http://images02.olx-st.com/ui/7/86/37/1285070509_122937937_2-Supply-and-Install-Ceiling-Mounted-Bracket-for-Laundry-Bamboo-Poles-Other-Services-1285070509.jpg
luxury version:
http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/7/8/28/berryjelly/f_m1tv7o5m_dd34d1b.jpg

East Lover
31-08-11, 09:28
i think high chance it will split into 2... :cool:

desquire
31-08-11, 10:25

Cost-effective version:
http://images02.olx-st.com/ui/7/86/37/1285070509_122937937_2-Supply-and-Install-Ceiling-Mounted-Bracket-for-Laundry-Bamboo-Poles-Other-Services-1285070509.jpg
luxury version:
http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/7/8/28/berryjelly/f_m1tv7o5m_dd34d1b.jpg

We can do this at the aircon ledge??? I was thinking of this idea for the kitchen balcony. If the aircon ledge is where this should be placed. It will make it even more perfect!!!

Possible?? Sufficient space??:D

East Lover
31-08-11, 10:55
We can do this at the aircon ledge??? I was thinking of this idea for the kitchen balcony. If the aircon ledge is where this should be placed. It will make it even more perfect!!!

Possible?? Sufficient space??:D
not space issue, it's whether mgmt allow or not. currently i didn't see in Tropica, so i guess it's not allowed.

but can we try in WV?:D it will be much much perfect if we can hang our laundry in aircon ledge, so our back balcony will be very nett....

any legal expert here to advise?

hycondo
31-08-11, 15:54
not space issue, it's whether mgmt allow or not. currently i didn't see in Tropica, so i guess it's not allowed.

but can we try in WV?:D it will be much much perfect if we can hang our laundry in aircon ledge, so our back balcony will be very nett....

any legal expert here to advise?
At Clover By The Park, we are not allowed to installed permanent fixture above the Aircon ledge. As the result, resident really having a hard time cracking their head to think of hanging their laundry.

Kengar
31-08-11, 16:58

Cost-effective version:

luxury version:

According to the agent, this design is unique to this development "Flamingo Valley". It looks like a L-shaped mini "balcony" big enough for 2 external aircon units, and some spare space to put a bike. It is accessed via kitchen through a door.

East Lover
31-08-11, 17:19
At Clover By The Park, we are not allowed to installed permanent fixture above the Aircon ledge. As the result, resident really having a hard time cracking their head to think of hanging their laundry.
Will resident be asked to remove if we insist to install something like this? simple and cheap :)

East Lover
31-08-11, 17:21
According to the agent, this design is unique to this development "Flamingo Valley". It looks like a L-shaped mini "balcony" big enough for 2 external aircon units, and some spare space to put a bike. It is accessed via kitchen through a door.
can we write to SL to have a door that opens up to the aircon ledge? :D

wanna try your luck?

desquire
31-08-11, 18:21
can we write to SL to have a door that opens up to the aircon ledge? :D

wanna try your luck?
Haha. I like your positivity. No harm making a sweet polite request. :D

jbtay
31-08-11, 20:02
At Aquarius, some configuration have a door that leads to a small yard which also houses the compressor units. So they have no choice but to fix their laundry poles with the clothes hanging over the compressors.

in my case, the yard is enclosed and the compressors are on ledges with no excess other than a window for maintenance purposes. I also installed a grill.

See pic of my laundry poles which I got from Song Cho 11 yrs ago. Shop is still there at level 4 Plaza Singapura with 2 newer models. One that can be slided down the rack brackets. Advantage of the Song Cho models is that the brackets can be as close as a metre apart as the poles can be beyond the brackets. Brackets are stainless steel and poles can be aluminium or stainless.

iwantgizmos
31-08-11, 20:42
At Aquarius, some configuration have a door that leads to a small yard which also houses the compressor units. So they have no choice but to fix their laundry poles with the clothes hanging over the compressors.

in my case, the yard is enclosed and the compressors are on ledges with no excess other than a window for maintenance purposes. I also installed a grill.

See pic of my laundry poles which I got from Song Cho 11 yrs ago. Shop is still there at level 4 Plaza Singapura with 2 newer models. One that can be slided down the rack brackets. Advantage of the Song Cho models is that the brackets can be as close as a metre apart as the poles can be beyond the brackets. Brackets are stainless steel and poles can be aluminium or stainless.
thx jbtay... that's also another good idea you have there....
been scouting for these ideas/concepts lately.... below are also some of them I found online....
http://www.ezziliving.com/
http://www.tame.com.sg/

do keep more pics coming.... would love to share more of them if I come across in future... :)

East Lover
01-09-11, 11:43
thx jbtay... that's also another good idea you have there....
been scouting for these ideas/concepts lately.... below are also some of them I found online....
http://www.ezziliving.com/
http://www.tame.com.sg/

do keep more pics coming.... would love to share more of them if I come across in future... :)
thanks!

This will be good to mount in aircon ledge if allowed.:D

http://www.ezziliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lift-1-150x150.jpg

East Lover
01-09-11, 11:51

Thanks! Let's hope WV will be same as Aquarius to allow us fully utilize the big big space in aircon ledge. :p

Kengar
01-09-11, 17:45
Another baby sibling for Waterview & Centrale8.. don't you think they all look alike if they are 'born' in the eastern side of Singapore? :D

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Found+in+Punggol%3A+A+Treasure+Trove/

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-09-01/treasure_trove_1.jpg

East Lover
02-09-11, 09:55
Spoke to Shirley today, she was very patient with me on my long winded list of questions and email.. very glad she is a nice person to speak to :D

Here are the updates:

1. Showflat expected to be removed in early next year, 2012.

2. Next 10% for foundation expected to be called in the next 1 to 2 months.

3. The cost of marble flooring is fixed (per 3-bedder) at $8K based on total costs estimated from all requests received. SL has stopped accepting new requests.

4. Marble upgrade will include dry lay and polishing. Skirting should be timber, but Shirley will go back and confirm.

5. If we choose not to install certain items (e.g. wardrobe), the costs saving may be used to partially offset the costs of marble upgrade.

6. Sliding balcony door - Shirley is checking again if we may engage our own contractor to change sliding balcony door. The reason I asked her again is because there was a recent TV ad showing a sliding cum folding balcony door, I am thinking of doing that if it is allowed.

7. Window grilles for bedrooms are allowed, but have to adhere to SL's standard designs which will be provided to us during TOP.
Bro, i finally called Shirley as no email reply from her...

She said the Marble upgrade will be with timber skirting! She said marble skirting is very costly, so SL can only give timber skirting!

Can timber skirting match marble floor? any showflat have this concept?

What says you? will you pay extra $$$ to upgrade skirting also?

stalingrad
02-09-11, 10:45

She said the Marble upgrade will be with timber skirting! She said marble skirting is very costly, so SL can only give timber skirting!

I believe that the norm is timber skirting with marble flooring. I have never seen marble skirting with marble flooring. timber skirting is so much more elegant.

devilplate
02-09-11, 10:48
I believe that the norm is timber skirting with marble flooring. I have never seen marble skirting with marble flooring. timber skirting is so much more elegant.

not true....high end projects usually comes with marble skirting and i prefer it over timber skirting wif marble flooring.....jus to add, depending on the color of the marble floor.....

Kengar
02-09-11, 11:18

The Clover flooring is timber skirting too. I think looks okay. :)

Photo Courtesy of Cloverpark:

http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=818&t=1 (http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=818&mode=view)

East Lover
02-09-11, 14:00
Tropica is marble flooring with marble skirting. so I thought it's norm that marble skirting with marble flooring...:cool:

East Lover
02-09-11, 14:07
The Clover flooring is timber skirting too. I think looks okay. :)

Photo Courtesy of Cloverpark:

http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=818&t=1 (http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=818&mode=view)
did you check with Shirley if WV marble same type as Clover's?

jbtay
02-09-11, 14:32
thanks!

This will be good to mount in aircon ledge if allowed.:D

http://www.ezziliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lift-1-150x150.jpg

I see no reason why SL should object, finally MC should decide. Pics of laundry in yard area with aircon compressors. A door from kitchen leads to yard.
As the yards are really in areas hidden from external view, away from the main facade, should be acceptable. In the end, we the residents should decide as long as this doesnt flout ant ura rule. SL or architect not staying here and if they do, they will surely want to do same.

East Lover
02-09-11, 15:33
I see no reason why SL should object, finally MC should decide. Pics of laundry in yard area with aircon compressors. A door from kitchen leads to yard.
As the yards are really in areas hidden from external view, away from the main facade, should be acceptable. In the end, we the residents should decide as long as this doesnt flout ant ura rule. SL or architect not staying here and if they do, they will surely want to do same.
I somehow over heard that if we install that, we will be asked to remove during inspection....

maybe we just try out first. if many ppl doing so, SL or MC will acept it :))

Kengar
02-09-11, 16:18
did you check with Shirley if WV marble same type as Clover's?

From the pictures they appear to look the same.. I noticed the marble is also the same design my friend has in The Amery, another Sim Lian project that TOP late 2010.

I just sent Shirley an email to ask for confirmation.

On your other posting regarding the MBR Bathroom window, it made me realise my C2 layout will not have the window in the same location as the C1 layout (Showflat), cos that wall is connected with Stack 10.

Also asking Shirley now where will my window be located. Hopefully there will be one. :confused:

East Lover
02-09-11, 16:57
From the pictures they appear to look the same.. I noticed the marble is also the same design my friend has in The Amery, another Sim Lian project that TOP late 2010.

I just sent Shirley an email to ask for confirmation.

On your other posting regarding the MBR Bathroom window, it made me realise my C2 layout will not have the window in the same location as the C1 layout (Showflat), cos that wall is connected with Stack 10.

Also asking Shirley now where will my window be located. Hopefully there will be one. :confused:
can not be no window leh... i'm worry about how to keep it fresh/dry for maid's toilet as there is no window... headache.

the common bath room window link to balcony, so need to install a fan to keep it dry also...

a lot of hidden cost hah!

by the way, can we ask SL to install an iron gate from balcony to aircond ledge? and any issue if we install the laundry bracket on top of the ceiling in aircond?

Can help to ask Shirley? I feel she is more responsible to you hehehe :D

Kengar
03-09-11, 23:35
Seems like an intended move by SL today to install 2 "tube shaped balloon feature" at the entrance opposite Arc @ Tampines to capture attention of some showflat visitors from there.

By the way, the Arc offers Oven in Kitchen and Hansgrohe products in bathroom. I think we don't even know what brand is used in Waterview :beats-me-man:

jbtay
04-09-11, 11:53
Seems like an intended move by SL today to install 2 "tube shaped balloon feature" at the entrance opposite Arc @ Tampines to capture attention of some showflat visitors from there.

By the way, the Arc offers Oven in Kitchen and Hansgrohe products in bathroom. I think we don't even know what brand is used in Waterview :beats-me-man:

Didn't see the balloons when I did my walk this morning from 9 to 10am. URA should have required developers to specify precisely what buyers will be getting rather than very general specs and show it as wysiwyg. For a price tag of around S$1m or more, this should have been the requirement. Singapore lags behind a lot of countries in consumer protection.
Some pics I took few days ago.

jbtay
04-09-11, 12:42
Didn't see the balloons when I did my walk this morning from 9 to 10am. URA should have required developers to specify precisely what buyers will be getting rather than very general specs and show it as wysiwyg. For a price tag of around S$1m or more, this should have been the requirement. Singapore lags behind a lot of countries in consumer protection.
Some pics I took few days ago.

Oops, abstract art
Slightly better lot, Nearer Xmas should c 1st storey :scared-5:

minami3
04-09-11, 20:18
Oops, abstract art
Slightly better lot, Nearer Xmas should c 1st storey :scared-5:
Hi! I haven't received any letter for the progress payment. The one that some of you said have received last month or so. Is progress payment dependent on the building progress of the stack? Mine is stack 39 facing tampines Ave 1.

jbtay
04-09-11, 21:45
Hi! I haven't received any letter for the progress payment. The one that some of you said have received last month or so. Is progress payment dependent on the building progress of the stack? Mine is stack 39 facing tampines Ave 1.

yes, must be specific to your unit/stack. anyway, looks like foundations for all units completed, no time to bill? too bz with clover by the park?
suits us fine, cash in own pocket better than cash with them

East Lover
04-09-11, 22:08

EC even provide Blum drawer while waterview all the doors seal up, so really up to SL to supply...有一点被骗的感觉:scared-5:

desquire
04-09-11, 23:04
Hi guys, I hv yet to receive my billing as well. Visited Parc Lumeiri or so over at Simei. Place looks good ans they do install the clothes hanger over at their aircon ledges. Very hood idea and saves the space over at the Kitchen balcony should we be granted permission. Let's hope and pray we could do the same thing.

Also most hv bamboo chic blinds to keep the sun and rain away. Don't know if a condo will allow this to happen.

Anyone visited Arc or the new condo by SL over at Punggol. Is it prices better than WV with a better location? Didn't get the chance to hop over due to work. Hehe. :p

Kengar
04-09-11, 23:07
EC even provide Blum drawer while waterview all the doors seal up, so really up to SL to supply...有一点被骗的感觉:scared-5:

Yes Blum used in EC and Waterview confirmed no soft closing hinge for bathroom cabinets. Wonder does it really cost that much to provide 2 Blum per bathroom?:confused:

East Lover
05-09-11, 09:41
Hi guys, I hv yet to receive my billing as well. Visited Parc Lumeiri or so over at Simei. Place looks good ans they do install the clothes hanger over at their aircon ledges. Very hood idea and saves the space over at the Kitchen balcony should we be granted permission. Let's hope and pray we could do the same thing.

Also most hv bamboo chic blinds to keep the sun and rain away. Don't know if a condo will allow this to happen.

Anyone visited Arc or the new condo by SL over at Punggol. Is it prices better than WV with a better location? Didn't get the chance to hop over due to work. Hehe. :p

Really? did you take photo? maybe one day go to simei to see see look look as well.

i went to Arc this saturday :p very stressful to pretend as a potential eligible buyer... :ashamed1:

Can see the developer spents much more $$$ in the showflat. it makes waterview looks like DBSS, and Arc looks like a PC :D they provide a lot of things, including the oven and blum drawers :cool:

but they don't have view at all, and the layout is not so optimized, a lot of waste area. have to admit that WV layout is really good ;)

East Lover
05-09-11, 09:44
Yes Blum used in EC and Waterview confirmed no soft closing hinge for bathroom cabinets. Wonder does it really cost that much to provide 2 Blum per bathroom?:confused:
the worst thing is that we have no idea at all, what will be delivered eventually by SL.

if they just give you an empty wardrobe/cabinet, you have no right to argue. :banghead:

这可是百万豪宅啊!:scared-4:

Kengar
05-09-11, 09:45

Arc @ Tampines prices definitely lower than WV, and just a tad higher than Centrale8 (around 730psf onwards).

IMO the 2nd balcony placing abit strange, cos it is in the full view from the living hall, hence not a nice sight when you hang laundry there.

However the MBR full height curve window design quite unique.

The brochure shows an aerial view from Arc overlooking the Bedok Reservoir, Sand Quarry, and Quarry Park. The Waterview site is presented as a huge thick forest in the foreground.. haha :D

I also went kaypoh at Eu Habitat over the weekend, the furnishings and bathroom are nice.. The kitchen comes with oven, a hugh Samsung 2 Door fridge, and a Washing Machine cum Dryer (2 in 1). Almost every stack has a pool beside it. Sits on over 400,000 sqf of land (pretty large site).

desquire
05-09-11, 09:51
the worst thing is that we have no idea at all, what will be delivered eventually by SL.

if they just give you an empty wardrobe/cabinet, you have no right to argue. :banghead:

Isn't this the mystery that's keeping us stressful. I would agree that many other developments are pretty transparent about what the customers get. However, we are still in the darkest of rooms. Really scary feeling. ;)

Kengar
05-09-11, 09:53

Don't worry Sis, i think WV's interior will look very similar to its sibling Clover. My friend's The Amery in Telok Kurau also look like Clover. SL is replicating its "signature" in every project.

chestnut
05-09-11, 10:18
Don't worry Sis, i think WV's interior will look very similar to its sibling Clover. My friend's The Amery in Telok Kurau also look like Clover. SL is replicating its "signature" in every project.

Dont expect any branding on taps and shower, etc.... Clover is like this...

East Lover
05-09-11, 10:22
Dont expect any branding on taps and shower, etc.... Clover is like this...
SL is controctor-upgrade-to-developer type? or too much focus in HDB DBSS development? how come everything 能省就省?:confused:

chestnut
05-09-11, 10:37
SL is controctor-upgrade-to-developer type? or too much focus in HDB DBSS development? how come everything 能省就省?:confused:

honestly, their projects are priced to sell. They dont make a lot of margins, so you typically see prices shoot up upon top. If u want better finishings, look for CDL, Capland, FEO....

East Lover
05-09-11, 11:15
honestly, their projects are priced to sell. They dont make a lot of margins, so you typically see prices shoot up upon top. If u want better finishings, look for CDL, Capland, FEO....
also true.... 价钱实在,买家实惠。

Can Waterview fetch Waterfront price upon TOP? :D $1200/spf??? :D :D :D

I heard one guy bought Waterfront 4 bedder at 1.6mil after sold his 3 bedder in Tropica...:scared-5:

East Lover
05-09-11, 11:27
Hi guys, I hv yet to receive my billing as well. Visited Parc Lumeiri or so over at Simei. Place looks good ans they do install the clothes hanger over at their aircon ledges. Very good idea and saves the space over at the Kitchen balcony should we be granted permission. Let's hope and pray we could do the same thing.

Bro, i just wrote to Shirley to check if we can install the hanger in aircon ledge, and possible to install an iron gate there....

Bro Kengar, can you try to approach her also? you are good friend of her already mah... hahaha :D

Kengar
05-09-11, 13:00
Bro, i just wrote to Shirley to check if we can install the hanger in aircon ledge, and possible to install an iron gate there....

Bro Kengar, can you try to approach her also? you are good friend of her already mah... hahaha :D

I will try to call her later this week.. give her abit of time to find out. Maybe they busy with the new coming launch at Punggol. :D

East Lover
05-09-11, 13:46
I will try to call her later this week.. give her abit of time to find out. Maybe they busy with the new coming launch at Punggol. :D
ok, 全靠你了,老大!:D

huddy
05-09-11, 18:08
Hi everyone!

Wow ... this forum is really active with 200+ pages! Thanks for posting all these information, and I really can't wait for another 2 yrs to move in! :)

-Huddy

desquire
05-09-11, 18:33
Hi everyone!

Wow ... this forum is really active with 200+ pages! Thanks for posting all these information, and I really can't wait for another 2 yrs to move in! :)

-Huddy
Hi there. Good to know you enjoy it here. You're a very confident person. Haha. You sure two years and not longer?

We hope each snd every single day that the two-year wait will end soon. Hehe. So which stack did you get our dearest neighbour? Hehe. Enjoy your stay here with the Water People :p

huddy
05-09-11, 18:44
Hi there. Good to know you enjoy it here. You're a very confident person. Haha. You sure two years and not longer?

We hope each snd every single day that the two-year wait will end soon. Hehe. So which stack did you get our dearest neighbour? Hehe. Enjoy your stay here with the Water People :p

Hey desquire,

Yupz, been dreaming and praying to have it TOP in Aug 2013. I drive pass the site every morning, by looking at its current progress I'm pretty optimistic on this date. :p

I'm at block 73. Anyone same block with me? Water People really cool yea!

desquire
05-09-11, 19:17
Hey desquire,

Yupz, been dreaming and praying to have it TOP in Aug 2013. I drive pass the site every morning, by looking at its current progress I'm pretty optimistic on this date. :p

Very nice and private block!! Haha. August 2013 is really fast for a 696-unit development. :p

Kengar
05-09-11, 22:57
Hey desquire,

Hi Huddy, glad you found your way here.

I am at Stack 13, the rest of the future neighbours are listed here.

Your stack should be 1, 2, 3 or 4.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8XaxTJ0frcA/TmTiuB4_3rI/AAAAAAAAAKw/3Dv27q0zrCQ/Fullscreen%252520capture%252520952011%252520105428%252520PM.jpg

flagship74
05-09-11, 23:02
Page 213....and still counting...I am speechless on all the responses we had so far.:scared-4:

East Lover
05-09-11, 23:27
Page 213....and still counting...I am speechless on all the responses we had so far.:scared-4:
Haha! We are east ppl, we are FEC! :)
Are u a potential Neighbour also?;)

huddy
05-09-11, 23:28
Hey guys, mine is on the humble stack 01. Been dreaming to move in everyday & nite, eating & sleeping. Lol

-Huddy

East Lover
05-09-11, 23:29
Hi everyone!

-Huddy
Halo Huddy! Welcome to FEC - Friendly East Club ;)

huddy
05-09-11, 23:38
Halo Huddy! Welcome to FEC - Friendly East Club ;)

Thanks East Lover! I always have this impression that East ppl is always the best! :spliff:

Anyone here visits the showroom regularly? I do it like once every fortnight, and ppl think that I'm crazy. lol

iwantgizmos
06-09-11, 00:40
Thanks East Lover! I always have this impression that East ppl is always the best! :spliff:

Anyone here visits the showroom regularly? I do it like once every fortnight, and ppl think that I'm crazy. lol
haha... that's the spirit !!!! i like...

desquire
06-09-11, 07:44

I hv been there like at least a dozen times since last November. It has a kinda peaceful and calm, relaxed mood whenever when I'm in there.

After being quite impressed with the showroom of some of he other developments, all I need to do is step inside again and like barbecued marshmallow, my heart will melt. We didn't buy the wrong unit despite missing on fridge,oven marble etc. We paid a different price altogether compared to our neighbors over at Bedok Reservoir.

We don't hv many siblings too, lesser crowd, only in Tropica unlike the competitive Waterfront Series.

Kengar
06-09-11, 10:39
Our new neighbour Huddy has been promoted to the top of the list. :D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_q1FouHUaE0/TmWHWO7ZaeI/AAAAAAAAAK0/EpUdg6wEdrE/Fullscreen%252520capture%252520962011%252520103619%252520AM.jpg

Kengar
06-09-11, 10:53
A video of Arc @ Tampines, and looks like Waterview will indeed have a City View too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nRmi6sd8uU

desquire
06-09-11, 12:39
Arc is hotter than Belysa!!!! Wow!!!:eek: A condo seemed like a HDB project now. Being thrice oversubscribed brings a long smile to HH!!:p

Kengar
06-09-11, 13:58
Arc is hotter than Belysa!!!! Wow!!!:eek: A condo seemed like a HDB project now. Being thrice oversubscribed brings a long smile to HH!!:p

The real results will come later.. gotta see how many people will really accept the offer to apply after the balloting results are out. ;)

The next interesting project will be Sim Lian's EC launch near Centrale8, the pricing should logically be higher than Arc and Centrale8, but lower than Waterview.

East Lover
06-09-11, 14:37
The real results will come later.. gotta see how many people will really accept the offer to apply after the balloting results are out. ;)

The next interesting project will be Sim Lian's EC launch near Centrale8, the pricing should logically be higher than Arc and Centrale8, but lower than Waterview.
who says economic is going down? who says market will be quiet??

Stoney Stone Stone
06-09-11, 14:48
Hey guys, mine is on the humble stack 01. Been dreaming to move in everyday & nite, eating & sleeping. Lol

-Huddy

Hi Huddy,

You are very near to me.
Next time if I need some garlic or onion I go to you.
Heehee.....:scared-4:

iwantgizmos
06-09-11, 15:04

Let's do some Math problem sum for fun...
I'm sure some of your kids love this... I'm sure my kids will.... LOL
Brings me back my primary school memories.... Anyways, here it goes...

Arc has 574 units.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/arc-at-tampines-20739
Given a ratio of 1:3 (units:subscription).
Solve the following questions:
(A) How many ppl will be left disappointed on balloting day this Thursday, 8th Sept? :cheeky smile:
(B) Out of that many ppl (using answer A), what is your take on the propability of them buying WV to cure their disappointment?

:ashamed1:

SRM
06-09-11, 15:41
good calculation. The parking lot at Arc showflat is full almost all the time. No wonder its over-subscribed.
Did anyone of you have a chance to visit the showflat. Wondering what their marketing strategy is. Is it reservoir view or city view or 1 km to St Hilda or UWC.
The asking psf is a bit lower than WV. WV and Tropica psf will be pushed up further once they complete the 5 year MOP.:)

Let's do some Math problem sum for fun...
I'm sure some of your kids love this... I'm sure my kids will.... LOL
Brings me back my primary school memories.... Anyways, here it goes...

Arc has 574 units.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/arc-at-tampines-20739
Given a ratio of 1:3 (units:subscription).
Solve the following questions:
(A) How many ppl will be left disappointed on balloting day this Thursday, 8th Sept? :cheeky smile:
(B) Out of that many ppl (using answer A), what is your take on the propability of them buying WV to cure their disappointment?

:ashamed1:

desquire
06-09-11, 15:47
I doubt the new EC by SL over at Centrale will be lower than WV. If their DBSS command a premium so will the new EC. The market is now crazy over MRT so my take is that it will be higher than WV. If WV is the highest prices condo on Tampines, I will be pretty worried. Haha. :p

desquire
06-09-11, 15:49
who says economic is going down? who says market will be quiet??
Up or down, noisy or quiet. One thing for sure, prices might soften but not that much. COE will remain as well. No reason why prices should drop with the influx of people coming in and demand remaining at optimum. :scared-3:

Kengar
06-09-11, 17:01
good calculation. The parking lot at Arc showflat is full almost all the time. No wonder its over-subscribed.
Did anyone of you have a chance to visit the showflat. Wondering what their marketing strategy is. Is it reservoir view or city view or 1 km to St Hilda or UWC.
The asking psf is a bit lower than WV. WV and Tropica psf will be pushed up further once they complete the 5 year MOP.:)

The agent tried to market me the Reservoir and Quarry views,,, my wife and I looked at each other and "ahhh sure... :tongue3: " hahaha.

The packed carpark probably comprise of alot of 'fake' buyers like me and East Lover trying to kaypoh. I also saw a number of big and expensive cars driven by families there.. they likely not meet the eligibility criteria and went kaypoh too. :D

East Lover
06-09-11, 17:57
Got reply from SL:
Under URA approval, the a/c ledge cannot be use for any other purposes other than placement of a/c equipments. Therefore drying ledge cannot be approved to be installed in a/c ledge.

We hope the above clarifies

:doh: :doh: :doh: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

iwantgizmos
06-09-11, 18:00
Got reply from SL:
Under URA approval, the a/c ledge cannot be use for any other purposes other than placement of a/c equipments. Therefore drying ledge cannot be approved to be installed in a/c ledge.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
URA should take a chill pill...

jbtay
06-09-11, 19:12
Got reply from SL:

Hi EastLover
that would well be the official bureaucratic position, but looking around all the old condos, I do not see consistency in application of the rule.
suppose we shouldn't do anything till the 1 yr maintenance is up
anyway I intend to hang the laundry within the yard area by fixing the brackets at where the washing machine is meant to be and extend the poles alongside the half wall within the yard

kingkong1984
06-09-11, 19:22
old is gold... when no one is looking... all turned into gold.. go and see and old condos and u will know.

desquire
06-09-11, 22:46
old is gold... when no one is looking... all turned into gold.. go and see and old condos and u will know.
Haha. I like :D

huddy
07-09-11, 08:50
Hi Huddy,

You are very near to me.
Next time if I need some garlic or onion I go to you.
Heehee.....:scared-4:

Chances will be higher for me to get those stuffs from you. :p

Anyway, great to know a future neighbour from the same block :)

East Lover
07-09-11, 09:36
I doubt the new EC by SL over at Centrale will be lower than WV. If their DBSS command a premium so will the new EC. The market is now crazy over MRT so my take is that it will be higher than WV. If WV is the highest prices condo on Tampines, I will be pretty worried. Haha. :p
actually dont really understand the MRT things... if pay so much more for MRT, might as well to use it to buy a car? then you can go any where, any time, with your own transportation!

now Double Bay 4 bedder is asking 1.5mil, 3 bedder is asking 1.3mil, you can buy WV at 1.1mil, then use the extra $200K to buy a OK car and still sufficient for 10 years' petrol cost??? and you will enjoy nature nice waterview, and no MRT track noise :D :D :D

any expert to advise?

Kengar
07-09-11, 10:20
actually dont really understand the MRT things... if pay so much more for MRT, might as well to use it to buy a car? then you can go any where, any time, with your own transportation!

now Double Bay 4 bedder is asking 1.5mil, 3 bedder is asking 1.3mil, you can buy WV at 1.1mil, then use the extra $200K to buy a OK car and still sufficient for 10 years' petrol cost??? and you will enjoy nature nice waterview, and no MRT track noise :D :D :D

any expert to advise?

Sis Eastlover made very good points here :D .. I seriously think you should work part time with Orange Tee to market the remaining units for WV. Hee Hee Hee :2cents:

East Lover
07-09-11, 10:27
Sis Eastlover made very good points here :D .. I seriously think you should work part time with Orange Tee to market the remaining units for WV. Hee Hee Hee :2cents:
dont want. Your friend shirley turn me off, don't allow me to install laundry hanger in aircon ledge:doh: so i v angry now.:mad: dun want to help them do free marketing liao hahaha :D

ridepinky
07-09-11, 12:15
Hi and Good day to all,

This tread has been pretty infomative, given the 200 odd page count.

Just like everyone here, Looking forward to TOP!

Kengar
07-09-11, 13:50
Hi and Good day to all,

Welcome to the WV Family!

May we know which stack are you at? so that we can update the stack listing :D

desquire
07-09-11, 16:38

any expert to advise?
I'm thinking the sane way as you do but being in a funny part of the world, we have funny people with funny ideas. Hahaha. :D

desquire
07-09-11, 16:41
Hi and Good day to all,

Hi hi there!!! My my, the water people re emerging from the bubbles!!! Welcome in!!! Enjoy your stay with the ever helpful and friendly people around. :D

kingkong1984
07-09-11, 19:01

any expert to advise?

Let me try.

For buyers, all want MRT so it is very much in demand. Why in demand we don't care but as long as in demand, price will be high.

Your arguments to use the savings in price to buy a car and enjoy the peace is very good. However, that is if only if you drive. If you have kids, you have to consider their needs too, including all other family members.

MRT is the most reliable and fastest transport mode in Singapore, unless u think Taxi's are better which are really not.

As to whether car makes a better sense.. dumb to pay for high COE and when fuel goes to $3 a litre... it hurts... then $4 a litre and then $5 a litre... U go study the retail pump prices of petrol in Singapore then you will know.

Always decide based on current needs and future needs. Otherwise, it's penny wise pound foolish.

BTW I agree with u it is better to get WV now but who knows the price difference in future?

Stoney Stone Stone
07-09-11, 20:43
By looking at the site map of Arc@Tampines, I notice the WV stack 38,39,41,44,45 & 48 will also have pool view in future. :)

Kengar
07-09-11, 21:28
By looking at the site map of Arc@Tampines, I notice the WV stack 38,39,41,44,45 & 48 will also have pool view in future. :)

So indeed Waterview has "water views" in all directions :cheers1:

chmei
08-09-11, 11:27
Hihi,

My husband and I just purchased a unit at stack 25 ground floor.
We're equally excited over our newly bought home and glad to know that we have nice neighbours through this forum :)

East Lover
08-09-11, 12:52
Hihi,

We're equally excited over our newly bought home and glad to know that we have nice neighbours through this forum :)
Hi chmei, welcome to FEC, our great Fun East Club! :D

East Lover
08-09-11, 12:55
Hi and Good day to all,

Welcome welcome to FEC!:D

Kengar
08-09-11, 12:58
Hihi,

Welcome Chmei! Great choice of unit, sits right between 2 pools :)

desquire
08-09-11, 13:32
Hihi,

Step inside the Water World. Yours is the1711sqm? Hehe. Nice unit there!!!:p

huddy
08-09-11, 13:54
Nice, more and more neighbours found their way here. Welcome everyone!

I think I saw the 5th crane is up when I drove pass this morning. Anyone seen it?

zxcvbnm
08-09-11, 13:58

I think I saw the 5th crane is up when I drove pass this morning. Anyone seen it?

Wow! Wonder how the bird's eye view looks like now? Photos anyone? :ashamed1:

Kengar
08-09-11, 14:39

Yeah i saw it too.. it is the shortest among all and blue in colour.

I think there are more cranes in Waterview than what i saw in Waterfront Series, Vacanz, Flamingo etc. Full steam ahead!!!! :banana:

desquire
08-09-11, 14:40

Haha. Yeah. It's a blue crane this time. :p

huddy
08-09-11, 17:09
ya, the newly added short blue crane .... wondering if it will go higher tomorrow.

Vacanza has only 1 crane, i got the pic with me but having problem in uploading it.

Yes, FULL STEAM - Q3 2013 has hope! Woohoooo

ridepinky
08-09-11, 21:25
Welcome to the WV Family!

May we know which stack are you at? so that we can update the stack listing :D

We're down at stack 28.

chmei
09-09-11, 10:21
Step inside the Water World. Yours is the1711sqm? Hehe. Nice unit there!!!:p

Thank you! Ours is 1184sqm (2+1 bedroom)
We would have loved to get a unit (3 bedroom) with reservoir view but we were really late and choices are limited (all low floors and poor facing). Thus we settled for poolview instead.

RSG
09-09-11, 10:45
Thank you! Ours is 1184sqm (2+1 bedroom)
We would have loved to get a unit (3 bedroom) with reservoir view but we were really late and choices are limited (all low floors and poor facing). Thus we settled for poolview instead.

It should be 1184 sq ft, am I right?

chmei
09-09-11, 11:25
It should be 1184 sq ft, am I right?

Oh of course it is in sqft..sorry for the typo error haha
Will never be able to afford it in my entire lifetime if it is in sqm :P

desquire
10-09-11, 13:01
Yeah i saw it too.. it is the shortest among all and blue in colour.

I think there are more cranes in Waterview than what i saw in Waterfront Series, Vacanz, Flamingo etc. Full steam ahead!!!! :banana:
Bro what is the implication of having many cranes compared to having few of them? I know nuts about these construction stuffs. Hehe.

The last time I saw endless numbers of cranes is at MBS few years ago. SL has many upcoming projects in Tampines and Punggol itself so they might wanna hurry WV itself. Hehe. :D

Kengar
10-09-11, 16:54
Bro what is the implication of having many cranes compared to having few of them? I know nuts about these construction stuffs. Hehe.

The last time I saw endless numbers of cranes is at MBS few years ago. SL has many upcoming projects in Tampines and Punggol itself so they might wanna hurry WV itself. Hehe. :D

They are like extra hands at work.. :D Looking forward to 2013!

East Lover
10-09-11, 17:19
Another baby sibling for Waterview & Centrale8.. don't you think they all look alike if they are 'born' in the eastern side of Singapore? :D

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Found+in+Punggol%3A+A+Treasure+Trove/

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-09-01/treasure_trove_1.jpg
did you go down to check this project? heard sell like hotcake.
the showflat same to our WV? big back yard also? hehehe:D

Kengar
10-09-11, 17:42
did you go down to check this project? heard sell like hotcake.
the showflat same to our WV? big back yard also? hehehe:D

Nope didnt go down and check, but read from the other forum that the layout, showflat (modestly furnished), extended service balcony are nearly replicas of WV.

I saw some photos posted by one of our forumer in the Treasure Cove thread, they really look the same as WV, the bathroom, living hall etc.

athenl
10-09-11, 17:42
Love this forum...it fuelled my excitment. Glad to know that there are some very excited owners around like me. I :jump-for-joy: first-time buyer...looking forward to early TOP.

East Lover
10-09-11, 17:49
Love this forum...it fuelled my excitment. Glad to know that there are some very excited owners around like me. I :jump-for-joy: first-time buyer...looking forward to early TOP.
welcome to WV big family, our FEC!

which stack did you buy?

athenl
10-09-11, 17:55
welcome to WV big family, our FEC!

which stack did you buy?
Stack 4...anyone bought stack 4 also?

East Lover
10-09-11, 17:59
you can check with bro kengar, he is our WV Admin Dir:D :D :D

Kengar
10-09-11, 18:10

Stoney Stone Stone will be your closest neighbour!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T80c9nqv6dQ/Tms3DlwBNhI/AAAAAAAAAK4/5J1_gLExi-o/Fullscreen%252520capture%2525209102011%25252060433%252520PM.jpg

athenl
10-09-11, 18:19
Stoney Stone Stone will be your closest neighbour!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T80c9nqv6dQ/Tms3DlwBNhI/AAAAAAAAAK4/5J1_gLExi-o/Fullscreen%252520capture%2525209102011%25252060433%252520PM.jpg
Bro, thanks for the info

flagship74
10-09-11, 18:41
sibei ON..:scared-5:

iwantgizmos
10-09-11, 21:15
sibei ON..:scared-5:
FEC is the best !!!

jbtay
11-09-11, 11:19

Looking at construction at the Minton, WV is now what Minton was in Mar 11, and in 6 mths time, Mar 12, WV should be 6 storeys high. 4 big cranes, each looking after 3 blocks and a centre blue crane for clubhouse, etc.
:)

acidic.straw
11-09-11, 12:15
[QUOTE=Kengar]Nope didnt go down and check, but read from the other forum that the layout, showflat (modestly furnished), extended service balcony are nearly replicas of WV.

I saw some photos posted by one of our forumer in the Treasure Cove thread, they really look the same as WV, the bathroom, living hall etc.[/Unquote]
Free Bosch oven for ATT buyers. Also ceiling height 2.9m for all floors except penthouse 3.2m.;)

desquire
11-09-11, 18:15
[QUOTE=Kengar]Nope didnt go down and check, but read from the other forum that the layout, showflat (modestly furnished), extended service balcony are nearly replicas of WV.

I saw some photos posted by one of our forumer in the Treasure Cove thread, they really look the same as WV, the bathroom, living hall etc.[/Unquote]
Free Bosch oven for ATT buyers. Also ceiling height 2.9m for all floors except penthouse 3.2m.;)
So many promises over there. Poor us, no oven, no marble, dunno ceiling, dunno what's inside the cabinets, everything mystery.

Mysteries if the poor deep fresh reservoir water. :scared-3: :confused:

DC33_2008
11-09-11, 18:24
It is normal for developers to make bulk purchase of materials or appliances to secure a better deal: Economy of scale. :)

desquire
11-09-11, 18:34
It is normal for developers to make bulk purchase of materials or appliances to secure a better deal: Economy of scale. :) [QUOTE=acidic.straw]
Yup true bro. SL manage them all on their own. As contractors and builders of The late DBSS, factories and warehouse/office buildings plus EC and pet condo, they sure hv their cards in the hands. :D

Kengar
11-09-11, 18:36
It is normal for developers to make bulk purchase of materials or appliances to secure a better deal: Economy of scale. :) [QUOTE=acidic.straw]

Our dear Sim Lian made super bulk purchases for all it's developments from donkey years ago. That explains why all its furnishings are nearly the same. Its margins must be super good.

DC33_2008
11-09-11, 18:39
I know of some architects of mass market condos who work for large developers have limited or no choice to explore new materials or design. Bottomline is that Developer just want to have maximum profit margin.
[QUOTE=DC33_2008]It is normal for developers to make bulk purchase of materials or appliances to secure a better deal: Economy of scale. :)
Yup true bro. SL manage them all on their own. As contractors and builders of The late DBSS, factories and warehouse/office buildings plus EC and pet condo, they sure hv their cards in the hands. :D

ridepinky
11-09-11, 20:40

Ha!

Anyone notice the flags perched on the crane booms?

The drafts seems to be blowing in from the south-east towards the west most of the time.

Excellent for those with balconies facing the east!
Nice and breezy ;)

minami3
11-09-11, 20:42

my guess is that they have thrown in the free oven in view of the bad centrale 8 publicity. If WV were to launch now, we maybe also can get feebies!

desquire
11-09-11, 22:33
Ha!

Anyone notice the flags perched on the crane booms?

The drafts seems to be blowing in from the south-east towards the west most of the time.

Excellent for those with balconies facing the east!
Nice and breezy ;)
Haha. Winds of change. For now probably East enjoying the breeze. :p

DC33_2008
12-09-11, 08:32
Plus the haze too! :eek:
Haha. Winds of change. For now probably East enjoying the breeze. :p

Denlim
12-09-11, 14:36
Attended a party at the Tropica function room last night and had the chance to walk around the estate... Love the serenity and peacefulness and very much looking forward to TOP in end 2013 (or maybe earlier as works seems to be speeding up nowadays)

Kengar
12-09-11, 15:01
Attended a party at the Tropica function room last night and had the chance to walk around the estate... Love the serenity and peacefulness and very much looking forward to TOP in end 2013 (or maybe earlier as works seems to be speeding up nowadays)

Yeah it was Tropica's layout and overall feel that enticed me to get WV too. :D

desquire
12-09-11, 17:02
Bro can buy one unit at Tropica also lah. Hahahah. Can hv a choice of home daily. Just side by side so no problem. Within walking distance. Hehe. :D

Kengar
12-09-11, 17:08
Bro can buy one unit at Tropica also lah. Hahahah. Can hv a choice of home daily. Just side by side so no problem. Within walking distance. Hehe. :D

Hahha if buy must buy the ones within 1KM of St Hilda. No :2cents: wor

East Lover
12-09-11, 17:15
Hahha if buy must buy the ones within 1KM of St Hilda. No :2cents: wor
no need. your current HDB already quality 500M of St Hilda. just don't change NRIC loh:)

Welcome, welcome to Tropica first hahaha:p :p :p

desquire
12-09-11, 17:28
The lightings there made it look very cosy at night with a nice cool breeze. It's now our guess when the place will TOP given the number if cranes and other SL project in the East which is underway. From Christmas 2013, we're made to believe that it could be as early as April's Fool 2013!!! Let's jeep our hopes and dreams flying high like the flags on the cranes!!! Go go go!!!:D

iwantgizmos
12-09-11, 17:31
The lightings there made it look very cosy at night with a nice cool breeze. It's now our guess when the place will TOP given the number if cranes and other SL project in the East which is underway. From Christmas 2013, we're made to believe that it could be as early as April's Fool 2013!!! Let's jeep our hopes and dreams flying high like the flags on the cranes!!! Go go go!!!:D
Come on Waterview ! Go go go! Ganbette ne !

Worsty
12-09-11, 17:44
Hi all!

For those vested in Waterview, what's the psf we're looking at? 850-900? Assuming 2+1 or 3 bedroom.

desquire
12-09-11, 17:54
I heard from someone that it's SL signature design-huge balconies living and kitchen. They have the same thing at The Amery, Carabelle and perhaps Clover? I haven't been to any of these condos though.

It's their female architect or something. Haha. That's why their design is very much appreciated and well sought after. They use it for both DBSS, condo and I believe EC as well.

Many also said not much rain will come in from these balconies based on the way it was designed. Haha. It's for us to find out in two years. :D

desquire
12-09-11, 18:05
Hi all!

For those vested in Waterview, what's the psf we're looking at? 850-900? Assuming 2+1 or 3 bedroom.
Yup something like that depending on the stack, level and facing as well. Maybe Tampines not that great after all these days and not much sought after. Punggol Treasure Trove I heard going beyond Waterview's pricing. Wonder what's the catch there. Selling like Punggol Nasi Lemak!!! Faster than anything. Haha!!! Must be very impressive!!!:D

Kengar
12-09-11, 18:29
Yup something like that depending on the stack, level and facing as well. Maybe Tampines not that great after all these days and not much sought after. Punggol Treasure Trove I heard going beyond Waterview's pricing. Wonder what's the catch there. Selling like Punggol Nasi Lemak!!! Faster than anything. Haha!!! Must be very impressive!!!:D

Near MRT and upcoming mall are the key factors. We gotta "tan ku ku' for these near WV. Haha

desquire
12-09-11, 18:38
Near MRT and upcoming mall are the key factors. We gotta "tan ku ku' for these near WV. Haha
Bro, life's like that. Win some, lose some. These days many try to reap from all angles. Not a sour grape but a view is rare and is something I rather have. A mall is just a 10min ride away and I don't need to shop daily. That's why people flock the Waterfront series plus Tropica and WV. Manhattan and Treasure Trove residents meanwhile are ardent shoppers. :p

East Lover
12-09-11, 20:23
We haven't got any chance to meet our mp... Last time I received a welcome letter from Georgy Yeo when I bought tropica. Felt so touched. Now this 'mylow' dun even have a thank u letter to us! Maybe he against middle class??! Then really TKK for mrt liao

East Lover
12-09-11, 22:16
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0289.jpg

East Lover
12-09-11, 22:17
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0296.jpg

East Lover
12-09-11, 22:20
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0298.jpg

huddy
12-09-11, 23:02
That's awesome! Thanks for the nice pics, sis East Lover :)

Kengar
12-09-11, 23:29
Since Sept is usually hazy throughout the whole day, and Nov/Dec is usually wet and rainy, the stacks facing the west evening sun will at least get some relief :cool:

desquire
13-09-11, 07:15
Wow!! What a sneak peek!! Beautiful!! Now we know why those stacks have to pay $$$ in advance!!! It's starting to build up!!! Go go go!!!!:D

Denlim
13-09-11, 09:34
Wow!! What a sneak peek!! Beautiful!! Now we know why those stacks have to pay $$$ in advance!!! It's starting to build up!!! Go go go!!!!:D

Just received my letter to pay $$$... Guess mine could be on the way too...

zxcvbnm
13-09-11, 09:39
Thanks for the photos East Lover!:jump-for-joy: :jump-for-joy: :jump-for-joy:

East Lover
13-09-11, 09:41
I'm wondering if the 1st floor carpark has higher ground? Did you see the water on the floor? just after heavy rain???

East Lover
13-09-11, 09:43
That's awesome! Thanks for the nice pics, sis East Lover :)
you are welcome

East Lover
13-09-11, 09:45
Thanks for the photos East Lover!:jump-for-joy: :jump-for-joy: :jump-for-joy:
my pleasure :ashamed1:

East Lover
13-09-11, 09:53
By the way, our first floor is confirmed higher than Tropica second floor. I guess that's the reason why SL have to give 2.8m ceiling height. Since they can't increase the total building height (due to airbase constraint?), and they insist to build up to 15 floors, so they have no choice but to reduce ceiling height 0.3m lower each floor.
math question, problem sum... hehehe

desquire
13-09-11, 09:55

Hehe. you received your letter and yours on the way again. Thank you for paying for me bro. Hehe. Just kidding.

Alamak go broke again. What to do!!:D :D

desquire
13-09-11, 10:01
By the way, our first floor is confirmed higher than Tropica second floor. I guess that's the reason why SL have to give 2.8m ceiling height. Since they can't increase the total building height (due to airbase constraint?), and they insist to build up to 15 floors, so they have no choice but to reduce ceiling height 0.3m lower each floor.
math question, problem sum... hehehe

WV ceiling confirmed at 2.8m sis??? Our place like not much details compare to others. Managed to squeeze some time to take a glance at the details of Treasure Trove. With the Mega mall and MRT and 900psf price and promise of water sports and Coney Island and Free Oven and all, now I understand better why the Gold rush over there. No wonder people gate crashing ATT!!!! It will sell faster than WV where there's no other details and promise apart from water all around!!! Hahahahah!!!:tongue3:

So facilities or fengshui??? :D :D :D

huddy
13-09-11, 10:06
Oh, confirm 2.8m on ceiling height? I remember my agent told me like 3.0m :(

Really mysterious .... lol

desquire
13-09-11, 10:08

In fact, for WV, everything also they dunno and not confirmed and unsure. This and that and whatever nots... :mad:

East Lover
13-09-11, 10:11

i think it's in the last page of purchase option...

chestnut
13-09-11, 10:36
East Lover, which floor did you take the photo? I am at 7 flr so wondering how the view will be???:confused:

The height of WV should be high, my CBTP has a very spacious feel because of the ceiling height...

chestnut
13-09-11, 10:49
Kengar, spoke with Shirley and she said can do lighting point at toilet mirror cabinet (cove lighting). Asked about cabinet at mirror and she said will jut out abit only...

She will revert back to me on costing shortly.

huddy
13-09-11, 11:59
East Lover, which floor did you take the photo? I am at 7 flr so wondering how the view will be???:confused:

The height of WV should be high, my CBTP has a very spacious feel because of the ceiling height...

If i remember correctly, CBTP has floor-to-floor height of 3.15m, effective ceiling height about 2.9m.

According to my agent, WV has floor-to-floor height of 3.0m, and we can expect the floor to ceiling height to be ~2.8m considering the floor thickness in the 15-storey WV is thinner than the 40-storey CBTP.

I might consider not to install a force ceiling in living area to retain the spacious feeling.

desquire
13-09-11, 12:19
If i remember correctly, CBTP has floor-to-floor height of 3.15m, effective ceiling height about 2.9m.

According to my agent, WV has floor-to-floor height of 3.0m, and we can expect the floor to ceiling height to be ~2.8m considering the floor thickness in the 15-storey WV is thinner than the 40-storey CBTP.

I might consider not to install a force ceiling in living area to retain the spacious feeling.

Good analysis. 2.8m floor to celiling height is quite alright if it's for real. :p

hycondo
13-09-11, 12:49

OT agents also told Clover By The Park buyers that the height is 3.1m but in the end when the actual unit comes. ..... Only 2.9m

Kengar
13-09-11, 13:00
Kengar, spoke with Shirley and she said can do lighting point at toilet mirror cabinet (cove lighting). Asked about cabinet at mirror and she said will jut out abit only...

She will revert back to me on costing shortly.

That's great! Thanks!

You referring to the costing on adding the lighting point at toilet mirror?

Denlim
13-09-11, 14:19
Hehe. you received your letter and yours on the way again. Thank you for paying for me bro. Hehe. Just kidding.

Alamak go broke again. What to do!!:D :D

Paiseh... was hoping that my stack will start to build up soon, just like blk 77....

East Lover
13-09-11, 14:23

your 7th floor is almost 8th floor of Tropica. should be pretty good with balance of water and greenary, and some city view, plus unblock quary view!

the photo was taken from 15th floor in tropica...

Worsty
13-09-11, 15:50

Thanks! That makes Waterview attractive in the pricing since Arc is just a little cheaper but without the view. Or maybe Arc is just overly priced. hmm.

Waterview location > Bird no lay eggs Punggol's location. At least in my opinion. If it's a purchase to stay, Waterview is definitely a better buy. You have the waterbody in front but it's still a 10-15 mins walk to the new upcoming MRT line. It's good if you drive though.

jbtay
13-09-11, 18:25

Awesome, nothing beats the birds eye view.
thank you East Lover

Stoney Stone Stone
13-09-11, 19:00

Wow.... Very nice and sharp shot. Good job.
Still can see the crane operator drinking 100 plus.:D

ridepinky
13-09-11, 21:42

Just receive the Notice for the 2nd payment - Foundation Work.
there goes the 10%..

Any idea what exactly does the "Reinforced Concrete Framework of the Unit" stands for?

Wasn't able to find description on it.

chestnut
13-09-11, 22:50
That's great! Thanks!

You referring to the costing on adding the lighting point at toilet mirror?

1. Lighting point at toilet mirror above and below.

2. Changing the mirror cabinet type to hold small things. Mirror will be split though.

chestnut
13-09-11, 22:52
your 7th floor is almost 8th floor of Tropica. should be pretty good with balance of water and greenary, and some city view, plus unblock quary view!

the photo was taken from 15th floor in tropica...

Thanks for info

linchong84
13-09-11, 23:19
Thanks! That makes Waterview attractive in the pricing since Arc is just a little cheaper but without the view. Or maybe Arc is just overly priced. hmm.

Waterview location > Bird no lay eggs Punggol's location. At least in my opinion. If it's a purchase to stay, Waterview is definitely a better buy. You have the waterbody in front but it's still a 10-15 mins walk to the new upcoming MRT line. It's good if you drive though.

i thought the upcoming mrt station is at the intersection of ave 1 and ave 4? Meaning 1.4-1.5km away, don't think it's walkable.. Even if really walk, at least 25-30min or so..

ATT selling well because the MRT stations and future megamall is next door to it.. Some people like transport and amenities near their doorstep..

Arc and Waterview prices differ by around 100psf right? But i think the reservoir views one will differ much more.. Fair lah..

jbtay
14-09-11, 09:25
i thought the upcoming mrt station is at the intersection of ave 1 and ave 4? Meaning 1.4-1.5km away, don't think it's walkable.. Even if really walk, at least 25-30min or so..

ATT selling well because the MRT stations and future megamall is next door to it.. Some people like transport and amenities near their doorstep..

Arc and Waterview prices differ by around 100psf right? But i think the reservoir views one will differ much more.. Fair lah..

Its about 10 - 12 mins brisk walk. i counted about 400 steps from WV entrance, if the entrance is just next to the PUB water works, and next to Temasek Poly East Entrance. Saw the workers clearing the ground. Should be a pleasant walk in the evening as there is a sidewalk alongside the poly away from the traffic.

desquire
14-09-11, 09:26

I think around 100psf difference. Depends on what buyers want. Haha!!! With the different locations and selling points, people grab what is most attractive and what they they will best suit them!!!
These days so many to choose from. Spoilt for choice. You miss one, you have more coming up. Condos are everywhere her in SG, soon HDB will make way for them.:D :D :D

East Lover
14-09-11, 09:30
I think around 100psf difference. Depends on what buyers want. Haha!!! With the different locations and selling points, people grab what is most attractive and what they they will best suit them!!!
These days so many to choose from. Spoilt for choice. You miss one, you have more coming up. Condos are everywhere her in SG, soon HDB will make way for them.:D :D :D
condo every where, mrt soon become spiderweb, only the nature waterview will become more and more rare :D

desquire
14-09-11, 09:32
Its about 10 - 12 mins brisk walk. i counted about 400 steps from WV entrance, if the entrance is just next to the PUB water works, and next to Temasek Poly East Entrance. Saw the workers clearing the ground. Should be a pleasant walk in the evening as there is a sidewalk alongside the poly away from the traffic.

We're hoping that there will be another linkway from TP to the station like the one Citylink. It makes the walk feel faster and unnoticed. Hehe. I am sure they will have an underground station close to TP. Can't be an entrance just in front of block 933 right. Maybe beside PUB or whatever that place is. Still ok lah. hahah.:D

jbtay
14-09-11, 09:32

Sorry, 400 steps was to the bus No 69 bus stop, as that bus does not stop near the last stop next to Tropica as it turns into Ave 8. Its about 1400 steps to the tampines west stn or about 1.2km.:ashamed1:

East Lover
14-09-11, 10:00
We're hoping that there will be another linkway from TP to the station like the one Citylink. It makes the walk feel faster and unnoticed. Hehe. I am sure they will have an underground station close to TP. Can't be an entrance just in front of block 933 right. Maybe beside PUB or whatever that place is. Still ok lah. hahah.:D
Please be our next MP!!! we want TampinesLink, we want LRT, we want query park, we want new MRT line stop at WV! :D :D :D

desquire
14-09-11, 10:05
condo every where, mrt soon become spiderweb, only the nature waterview will become more and more rare :D

Hahhahaha!! I love your brainwave dear sis!!! At WV we have the spirit of the water, in Trove, they have the spirit of the Matilda right in their clubhouse!!! Modern days, no Hungry Ghost, no wandering ghost, only $$$ ghost!!! Which spirit/ghost is yours!!!! hahhaah :eek: :confused: :scared-3:
:im-so-happy:

desquire
14-09-11, 10:11
Please be our next MP!!! we want TampinesLink, we want LRT, we want query park, we want new MRT line stop at WV! :D :D :D

You're already the Director of WV with kengar being the CEO of Admin, if i become MP, I'll scrap the monthly maintenance fee and make the feeder service to Tampines Mall ongoing till we get an MRT/LRT station over at the Quarry Park which will be a fantastic location!! Hahahha!!

Oh not forgetting allow all residents to hang their underwear/bikini at the aircon ledge and grant permission to fixtures of windows/blind to any parts of the house which we have paid for!!

We pay, we buy, we decide. Till the next election comes, we shall dream... Hahhahaha!!!:D :D :D

East Lover
14-09-11, 10:21
You're already the Director of WV with kengar being the CEO of Admin, if i become MP, I'll scrap the monthly maintenance fee and make the feeder service to Tampines Mall ongoing till we get an MRT/LRT station over at the Quarry Park which will be a fantastic location!! Hahahha!!

Oh not forgetting allow all residents to hang their underwear/bikini at the aircon ledge and grant permission to fixtures of windows/blind to any parts of the house which we have paid for!!

We pay, we buy, we decide. Till the next election comes, we shall dream... Hahhahaha!!!:D :D :D
wow, i like the aircon ledge part the most!

yes, we pay, we buy, we decide! be our WV chairman first, then MP in 4 years later, please!:D :D :D