PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

East Lover
17-08-12, 16:41
I will say that DTL3 completion is too later - 2017.

Anyway to speed up LTA?
maybe you should approach National Park or PUB to cut short the tree in bedok reservior, FEC memebers will benefit from this more and immediately! :)

East Lover
17-08-12, 16:47
Welcome to WV, as the dev progresses and take shape, its looking more and more lovely, Quarry view, Reservoir view, near enough to so many malls, Giant, including the upcoming Bedok Residences and yet far from the bustling crowd, good schools, poly, univ, and still have option to future DTL Tampines West Stn (12.5 mins brisk walk, 15 mins normal walk - okay in the cool evening and quite pleasant), its really the best of many worlds...
The site layout is lovely, quite well arranged around the fringe and a unique ship deck club house ready to set sail into the sunset ... The view is breath-taking and even if you can't see it from your unit, just take a walk, morning, evening and feel the breeze and listen to the birds and watch the squirrel dancing about in the branches (there are a couple around). Life is meant to be like this ....Welcome ..:cool:
Mr Tay, I seconded bro Kengar's satement! 您太有才了!!
SL should hire you as marketing director at first place, they can even sell WV at WF price!:D :D :D

but hoh, our dear FEC will be no longer exist if SL behave like FEO :D

desquire
17-08-12, 17:04
Welcome to WV, as the dev progresses and take shape, its looking more and more lovely, Quarry view, Reservoir view, near enough to so many malls, Giant, including the upcoming Bedok Residences and yet far from the bustling crowd, good schools, poly, univ, and still have option to future DTL Tampines West Stn (12.5 mins brisk walk, 15 mins normal walk - okay in the cool evening and quite pleasant), its really the best of many worlds...
The site layout is lovely, quite well arranged around the fringe and a unique ship deck club house ready to set sail into the sunset ... The view is breath-taking and even if you can't see it from your unit, just take a walk, morning, evening and feel the breeze and listen to the birds and watch the squirrel dancing about in the branches (there are a couple around). Life is meant to be like this ....Welcome ..:cool:
What a perfect summary there bro! You're our most loved CEO of WV!!:p :D

desquire
17-08-12, 17:11
SL should hire you as marketing director at first place, they can even sell WV at WF price!:D :D :D

True also. No need be so high lah. It's the lifestyle that we treasure. I don't know if many are willing to sell their units here but most buy this for own stay for sure and not investment though they might be a handful.:p

minami-san
17-08-12, 22:29
Wow! Wonderful description of our future home!!!

jbtay
18-08-12, 09:51

Thank you, one and all for the kind compliments. I guess this old fool has more time on his hands and less cares in the world and more time to reminisce. If you spend more time around the reservoir, you will grow to love the place. This morning, did a complete round from Aquarius to WV then up the hill round the reservoir, pass Sheng Siong and the WF flats and back to Aq. Lots of activities, ladies doing their tai chi, elderly men on bicycles gathering behind Sheng Siong for their morning gossip (I guess), even passing babies in their prams with their happy smiles will cheer your heart (very good for the heart, ha ha). The view of WV from the hilltop is lovely.
Btw, noticed that the WF units facing the road, do get some morning sunshine at about 45% and will also get evening sunshine at similar angle this time of the year.
In case, anyone is interested in nordic walking, I happen to chance upon a shop at Novena Square (The Big Country), 2nd storey near Lao Beijing, selling Excel Brand of nordic poles. Excel is German made, same as my Leki. I got mine in Taipei (Ting Shan Iou) as I couldn't find any shop selling it at that time. For me, jogging puts too much strain on my joints and back and nordic walking also allows me to enjoy the surroundings.
Have a good long weekend fellow FEC members, take care and enjoy nature and the people around you. Cheers.:cheers4:

teck
18-08-12, 12:01
Thank you, one and all for the kind compliments. I guess this old fool has more time on his hands and less cares in the world and more time to reminisce. If you spend more time around the reservoir, you will grow to love the place. This morning, did a complete round from Aquarius to WV then up the hill round the reservoir, pass Sheng Siong and the WF flats and back to Aq. Lots of activities, ladies doing their tai chi, elderly men on bicycles gathering behind Sheng Siong for their morning gossip (I guess), even passing babies in their prams with their happy smiles will cheer your heart (very good for the heart, ha ha). The view of WV from the hilltop is lovely.
Btw, noticed that the WF units facing the road, do get some morning sunshine at about 45% and will also get evening sunshine at similar angle this time of the year.
In case, anyone is interested in nordic walking, I happen to chance upon a shop at Novena Square (The Big Country), 2nd storey near Lao Beijing, selling Excel Brand of nordic poles. Excel is German made, same as my Leki. I got mine in Taipei (Ting Shan Iou) as I couldn't find any shop selling it at that time. For me, jogging puts too much strain on my joints and back and nordic walking also allows me to enjoy the surroundings.
Have a good long weekend fellow FEC members, take care and enjoy nature and the people around you. Cheers.:cheers4:

Nicely said!.... The hilltop u refer to is it at "Archipelago" site? Once all WF projects are ready, I foresee a traffic jam at BR road, turning right towards PIE. It will be worst once Belvia and Archipelago is ready(though they can head at towards the other direction but if they need to go PIE towards Airport, they gonna head towards WF direction...

desquire
19-08-12, 09:28
Woke up to the morning to read the news posted by Reporter2 on Properties in Tampines doing well. Like Jbtay mentioned, we have almost everything here apart from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road which is overly crowded these days.

With Tropica being the highlight, we can chuckle in silence for the moment. Happy holidays and Selamat Hari Raya to our Muslim friends over@WV FEC Club!!:D

Eastguy
19-08-12, 15:11
Hi FEC

EID Mubarak / Selamat Hari Raya to all WV Muslims ...

M trying to upload pictures which I took from Tropica but unable to do so, how do I upload them?

jbtay
19-08-12, 15:40
Hi FEC

EID Mubarak / Selamat Hari Raya to all WV Muslims ...

M trying to upload pictures which I took from Tropica but unable to do so, how do I upload them?

I assume you have them in jpg fpr,at, good to reduce each photo size to about 65kb. Click on manage attachments, a pop-up will appear asking you to choose the file and to upload. You can keep on selecting the files and upload them at one shot. Hope this helps. :cheers4:

minami-san
19-08-12, 16:35
Woke up to the morning to read the news posted by Reporter2 on Properties in Tampines doing well. Like Jbtay mentioned, we have almost everything here apart from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road which is overly crowded these days.

With Tropica being the highlight, we can chuckle in silence for the moment. Happy holidays and Selamat Hari Raya to our Muslim friends over@WV FEC Club!!:D
Where to find this news that you mentioned?

jbtay
19-08-12, 16:50
Where to find this news that you mentioned?

Tampines holds its own with attractive amenities

Area's home prices outpace national average, say experts

Published on Aug 11, 2012

By Esther Teo Property Reporter

TAMPINES has stayed on the radar of home buyers despite stiff competition from a bumper supply of launches in other suburban estates.

The area - designated a secondary commercial zone after the central business district - has continued to attract buying interest largely due to its wide array of amenities and easy accessibility.

The presence of international schools such as the United World College of South East Asia and its proximity to the Changi Business Park and Seletar Aerospace Park have also caught the eye of investors looking for healthy rental yields.

Experts say home prices in Tampines have outpaced the national average due to pent-up demand from Housing Board upgraders and the relatively lower supply in the pipeline.

Developments in the area have enjoyed price gains of between 23 per cent and 53 per cent over the past two years, said Mr Lee Sze Teck, Dennis Wee Group's senior manager of research and consultancy.

Prices at The Tropica at Tampines Avenue 1, for example, have surged 30 per cent and those at former HUDC estate Tampines Court have rocketed 53 per cent.

That is a healthy premium over the nationwide average price increase of 21 per cent for private suburban apartments, according to the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

Tampines rental yields are between 4 per cent and 4.5 per cent, at the higher end of the typical 2 per cent to 4.5 per cent range found across the country, Mr Lee added.

Ms Chua Chor Hoon, DTZ head of Asia-Pacific research, noted that the area is well-served by three major shopping malls and transport links, including the East-West MRT line and the Downtown line, due to be completed by 2017.

Tampines Finance Park, which houses the backroom functions of some banks and insurance companies, is another economic driver.

Ms Chua expects demand for new launches to be supported by upgraders who want to stay within the area.

About 75 per cent of Tampines residents live in HDB four-room and five-room flats - a potential pool of buyers for new launches.

There have not been many new projects in the area so demand is likely building up.

Private condominium Waterview and executive condo projects The Tampines Trilliant and Arc at Tampines are among the projects launched in the past couple of years. All three are at least 70 per cent sold.

Two sites that can yield an estimated 1,200 units in total were sold earlier this year while three plots are on the reserve list of the government land sales programme for this half of the year. Confirmed list sites go on sale regardless of interest, while those on the reserve list are put up for tender only if developers make an acceptable initial offer.

While these supply numbers might seem significant, DTZ's Ms Chua said they are well under the number of units launched in other suburban estates.

For instance, 3,870 units can be launched from confirmed list sites in Punggol and Sengkang this year while Pasir Ris could see a further 1,430 units built. The Tampines confirmed list sites can yield only about 1,180 units. This relatively lower supply in the pipeline is likely to keep home prices stable, Ms Chua noted.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail added: "Being a mature estate, unlike newer townships, land parcels are limited in supply and do not come easy. As such, properties in Tampines are in greater demand."

Home buyers are then likely to pay slightly more compared with nearby estates, Mr Ismail said.

For instance, the median price of recent transactions at The Tropica in Tampines was $829 per sq ft (psf) and that of Whitewater in Pasir Ris was $766 psf.

This price premium over other suburban estates is likely to hold, he said.

[email protected]

Eastguy
19-08-12, 18:35
I assume you have them in jpg fpr,at, good to reduce each photo size to about 65kb. Click on manage attachments, a pop-up will appear asking you to choose the file and to upload. You can keep on selecting the files and upload them at one shot. Hope this helps. :cheers4:

Tried, still can't.

Can i e-mail to any of u guys so that u can upload the pictures?

Eastguy
19-08-12, 18:49
Hi FEC

Pictures taken out from Block 65, Tropica, 11th Floor.

Cheers

jbtay
19-08-12, 19:56
Hi FEC

Cheers

Nice shots, sub-station and pump rooms taking shape.

Stoney Stone Stone
19-08-12, 20:20
Hi FEC

Cheers

Thanks Eastguy.
I can see my unit at the close shot. (2nd Picture)
Very Happy and Excited.

East Lover
19-08-12, 20:21
Hi FEC

Cheers
Thanks! Maybe next mth we will be able to see the swimming pool, that famous 8 soon! :D

Kengar
19-08-12, 21:03
While stopping at the junction beside the quarry facing units, I noticed all the units have thick black pipes against the corner of the ceiling. I wonder what are those. From where I was, I can see the dangling cables for the ceiling lights already done. So it seems there will be no further work to be done for the ceiling since SL do not provide false ceiling. Then I wonder how will those pipes be covered eventually. Any expert views? :)

jbtay
19-08-12, 21:41
While stopping at the junction beside the quarry facing units, I noticed all the units have thick black pipes against the corner of the ceiling. I wonder what are those. From where I was, I can see the dangling cables for the ceiling lights already done. So it seems there will be no further work to be done for the ceiling since SL do not provide false ceiling. Then I wonder how will those pipes be covered eventually. Any expert views? :)

If you can see them at the junction, would that be at the balcony?. Only pipes that can be at the balcony I think would be the living room air-con condensate drain pipes cause thats the nearest point to drain. Would that be stacks 35 and 36, type C1 and D1. You will notice from the layout plan that a corner of the balcony will eventually be boxed up for drain pipes. We need to remember to make sure SL provide us the as-built services drawing (electrical, telco, open-net, water, aircon-coolant, gas, condensate, hot-water), you'll never know when we will need these years down the road. :doh:

Kengar
19-08-12, 22:13
Those pipes are located inside the house, looks like in living hall area above the bedroom doors entrance.

If you can see them at the junction, would that be at the balcony?. Only pipes that can be at the balcony I think would be the living room air-con condensate drain pipes cause thats the nearest point to drain. Would that be stacks 35 and 36, type C1 and D1. You will notice from the layout plan that a corner of the balcony will eventually be boxed up for drain pipes. We need to remember to make sure SL provide us the as-built services drawing (electrical, telco, open-net, water, aircon-coolant, gas, condensate, hot-water), you'll never know when we will need these years down the road. :doh:

jbtay
19-08-12, 22:23
Those pipes are located inside the house, looks like in living hall area above the bedroom doors entrance.

Thick black pipes...hmnn..possibly air-con copper pipes with black insulation jacket. If you look at type C1 layout, the passageway outside the bedrooms, common bath and kitchen will have false ceiling for all the air con pipes to get to the fan-coils which will be above the bedroom doorways. At the living/dining area, there will likely be boxing to left and right for the pipes to get to the living room fancoil and the dining room fancoil. My guess....

minami-san
20-08-12, 01:12
Tampines holds its own with attractive amenities

Area's home prices outpace national average, say experts

Published on Aug 11, 2012

By Esther Teo Property Reporter

TAMPINES has stayed on the radar of home buyers despite stiff competition from a bumper supply of launches in other suburban estates.

The area - designated a secondary commercial zone after the central business district - has continued to attract buying interest largely due to its wide array of amenities and easy accessibility.

The presence of international schools such as the United World College of South East Asia and its proximity to the Changi Business Park and Seletar Aerospace Park have also caught the eye of investors looking for healthy rental yields.

Experts say home prices in Tampines have outpaced the national average due to pent-up demand from Housing Board upgraders and the relatively lower supply in the pipeline.

Developments in the area have enjoyed price gains of between 23 per cent and 53 per cent over the past two years, said Mr Lee Sze Teck, Dennis Wee Group's senior manager of research and consultancy.

Prices at The Tropica at Tampines Avenue 1, for example, have surged 30 per cent and those at former HUDC estate Tampines Court have rocketed 53 per cent.

That is a healthy premium over the nationwide average price increase of 21 per cent for private suburban apartments, according to the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

Tampines rental yields are between 4 per cent and 4.5 per cent, at the higher end of the typical 2 per cent to 4.5 per cent range found across the country, Mr Lee added.

Ms Chua Chor Hoon, DTZ head of Asia-Pacific research, noted that the area is well-served by three major shopping malls and transport links, including the East-West MRT line and the Downtown line, due to be completed by 2017.

Tampines Finance Park, which houses the backroom functions of some banks and insurance companies, is another economic driver.

Ms Chua expects demand for new launches to be supported by upgraders who want to stay within the area.

About 75 per cent of Tampines residents live in HDB four-room and five-room flats - a potential pool of buyers for new launches.

There have not been many new projects in the area so demand is likely building up.

Private condominium Waterview and executive condo projects The Tampines Trilliant and Arc at Tampines are among the projects launched in the past couple of years. All three are at least 70 per cent sold.

Two sites that can yield an estimated 1,200 units in total were sold earlier this year while three plots are on the reserve list of the government land sales programme for this half of the year. Confirmed list sites go on sale regardless of interest, while those on the reserve list are put up for tender only if developers make an acceptable initial offer.

While these supply numbers might seem significant, DTZ's Ms Chua said they are well under the number of units launched in other suburban estates.

For instance, 3,870 units can be launched from confirmed list sites in Punggol and Sengkang this year while Pasir Ris could see a further 1,430 units built. The Tampines confirmed list sites can yield only about 1,180 units. This relatively lower supply in the pipeline is likely to keep home prices stable, Ms Chua noted.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail added: "Being a mature estate, unlike newer townships, land parcels are limited in supply and do not come easy. As such, properties in Tampines are in greater demand."

Home buyers are then likely to pay slightly more compared with nearby estates, Mr Ismail said.

For instance, the median price of recent transactions at The Tropica in Tampines was $829 per sq ft (psf) and that of Whitewater in Pasir Ris was $766 psf.

This price premium over other suburban estates is likely to hold, he said.

[email protected]
Thanks for the article :)

Eastguy
20-08-12, 11:03
Hi Bros & Sisters

More pictures taken on 18 Aug 12.

My sister bought a unit on the 11th floor of block 65 tropica, she will be moving in end Nov 12.

Will update weekly once moved in.

Cheers:cheers4:

teck
20-08-12, 12:24
Hi Bros & Sisters

My sister bought a unit on the 11th floor of block 65 tropica, she will be moving in end Nov 12.

Nice! Thanks!

teck
20-08-12, 13:22
Saw the advertisement on the "invisible grill", anyone here ever install it before? Any views/comments on this?
http://www.legate.com.sg/index.php/balcony

East Lover
20-08-12, 13:32
Saw the advertisement on the "invisible grill", anyone here ever install it before? Any views/comments on this?
http://www.legate.com.sg/index.php/balcony
I think we have to follow certain models which have to be approved by RC

East Lover
20-08-12, 13:34
Hi Bros & Sisters

Good! Looking forward to ur weekly update! :D

East Lover
20-08-12, 16:31
Thanks for the article :)
Found this also in forum :rolleyes:
Tampines holds its own with attractive amenities (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14550)

Echelon
20-08-12, 23:49
Thanks to all the bros and sis here. I got stack 36. Quarry facing. Have lived in the East all my life, from Marine Parade to Pasir Ris and Tampines,used to live along Street 83 only. When do you think we will get the keys?

forestfire
21-08-12, 08:18
Thanks to all the bros and sis here. I got stack 36. Quarry facing. Have lived in the East all my life, from Marine Parade to Pasir Ris and Tampines,used to live along Street 83 only. When do you think we will get the keys?

My guess is just before 2013 Chinese 7th month.

That will give SL sometime to cope with the defects lists & not chase by all the 690 units (?) to complete the defects in hurry for renov & moving in. At least 50% or more wouldn't be moving house or start renovation during 7th month.

By the time 7th month is over, they already finished at least 50% occupants' defects.

That's my guess only.

jbtay
21-08-12, 08:28

I wish it could be earlier, but looking at how TOP is still not in sight at Waterfront Key and Double Bay, I am not too optimistic. Would be satisfied if by end Sep 13 can complete and TOP in Nov 13, and hopefully can get all the reno done by CNY 14. You might wish to look at the latest pics by Azeoprop on the progress at the Minton, based on that progress, its probably about 3 months ahead of WV, and Minton owners are estimating TOP around Jul 13.:cheers5:

desquire
21-08-12, 10:10
I wish it could be earlier, but looking at how TOP is still not in sight at Waterfront Key and Double Bay, I am not too optimistic. Would be satisfied if by end Sep 13 can complete and TOP in Nov 13, and hopefully can get all the reno done by CNY 14. You might wish to look at the latest pics by Azeoprop on the progress at the Minton, based on that progress, its probably about 3 months ahead of WV, and Minton owners are estimating TOP around Jul 13.:cheers5:

Exactly, I will pick Jan 14 as a more practical and less ambitious date for the completion of everything else and the long awaited keys in our palms. Heheheh. :)

East Lover
21-08-12, 11:48
Same here. I wish I can collect key as early as possible, I believe SL wants to give us keys as early as possible as well :D

VW workers seems much hard working than DBR leh. I always saw workers OT for some units as lights always on here n there every night.

It seems most of blocks are reaching to penthouse, concurrently another group of workers is working for car park, swimming pool, is it possible that they finish the external construction by end of this year? Then few mth for interior - flooring n furnitures, few mths for obtain TOP cert? So everyone happily collect keys before 7th mth :))

East Lover
21-08-12, 11:50
Exactly, I will pick Jan 14 as a more practical and less ambitious date for the completion of everything else and the long awaited keys in our palms. Heheheh. :)
I want to finish Reno n move in by end Oct n celebrate my Xmas in WV! :D

Kengar
21-08-12, 14:31
Since there is so much time now to TOP, I feel like engaging Stan (KNQ) early to plan the design on a high level, and finalize the design and measurements after TOP.

In that way i can narrow my focus to the type of furnishing and electrical appliances.

It is very overwhemling to walk into furniture / electrical shops, to see so many offerings and coming out undecided.

Our first home was HDB. We were rushing wedding preparations back then and "blur blur" accepted ID design without giving serious thoughts of what we need. Hence we hope to make it right this time.

New things to learn for me in this new renovation:
(1) Furnishing a children room
(2) Using Wallpaper
(3) Furnishing 2X balconies
(4) Plannng work to relocate the existing stuffs from HDB into the Condo unit without making the new place looking cluttered.

I think the last point is going to be a major challenge. Bro Desquire will agree with me 101% :D

jbtay
21-08-12, 15:01
Since there is so much time now to TOP, I feel like engaging Stan (KNQ) early to plan the design on a high level, and finalize the design and measurements after TOP.

In that way i can narrow my focus to the type of furnishing and electrical appliances.

It is very overwhemling to walk into furniture / electrical shops, to see so many offerings and coming out undecided.

Our first home was HDB. We were rushing wedding preparations back then and "blur blur" accepted ID design without giving serious thoughts of what we need. Hence we hope to make it right this time.

(2) Using Wallpaper
(4) Plannng work to relocate the existing stuffs from HDB into the Condo unit without making the new place looking cluttered.

I think the last point is going to be a major challenge. Bro Desquire will agree with me 101% :D

Ha ha, that's interesting, we both got similar idea. I sent Stanley an email last Tuesday mentioning that TOP probably around 3Q13 to 1Q14, and he advised that we could get the design process rolling around 2Q13.
I have already done a few layout plans on my own and started compiling a design brief of the sort of designs we like.
Have never used wallpaper before in my earlier homes, and not sure if it will last or easy to maintain in tropical climate, so am thinking of laminates but only for a couple of walls. Am thinking seriously of knocking down the bedroom wall next to living room or at least half of it (hopefully will not affect the air con fan coil, piping and cabling and hoping the fan coil is closer to the balcony side) as I will be using that bedroom as an open study/piano room.

Perhaps, he can give us group discount :D

Echelon
21-08-12, 20:30
Thanks to all the replies, I was told by agent Jul can get ready to reno... :cheers4: that's why happily bought the place because of timing.

Now hearing this, and seeing the place go up(I live in Pasir Ris and drive by WV everyday...so can literally see the building process. Usually once the building structure is up, windows, external work...etc. (pool...etc) is usually ready in just 5 months? Anyways hope it is faster too.

Looking to do up the place with minor work like Wallpaper...lightings, fixtures. Looking at doing a home entertainment console area.

I am looking to place my dinning table at the balcony, what do you guys think? (those outdoor set) to free up the dinning area.

By the way great forum here. When the place is completed, we should organize a BBQ cook out for the forumer bros and sis here...i mean neighbors! :cheers4:

desquire
21-08-12, 21:20
Thanks to all the replies, I was told by agent Jul can get ready to reno... :cheers4: that's why happily bought the place because of timing.

Now hearing this, and seeing the place go up(I live in Pasir Ris and drive by WV everyday...so can literally see the building process. Usually once the building structure is up, windows, external work...etc. (pool...etc) is usually ready in just 5 months? Anyways hope it is faster too.

Looking to do up the place with minor work like Wallpaper...lightings, fixtures. Looking at doing a home entertainment console area.

I am looking to place my dinning table at the balcony, what do you guys think? (those outdoor set) to free up the dinning area.

By the way great forum here. When the place is completed, we should organize a BBQ cook out for the forumer bros and sis here...i mean neighbors! :cheers4:
Bro you can become our WV organising committee's CEO. Can start planning now. Haha! We support our fellow FEC member!!:D

desquire
21-08-12, 21:25
From the images, does anyone have any idea if the '8' is being dug at the moment. I didn't know work for the swimming pool has begun. If that is so then we have a reason to smile and train ourselves for the synchoronised swimming for the Olympics 2016. Hahaha. Sure more than sufficient time!:D

jbtay
21-08-12, 22:15
From the images, does anyone have any idea if the '8' is being dug at the moment. I didn't know work for the swimming pool has begun. If that is so then we have a reason to smile and train ourselves for the synchoronised swimming for the Olympics 2016. Hahaha. Sure more than sufficient time!:D

I think the swimming pool will be at 1st storey level, same as the surrounding grounds. Ground level is the car park level, so l think, they will build the formwork and concrete two hugh fish tanks and we will be the fishes. Btw, at ground level near stack 46 in what is indicated as lawn, the semi-circle C looks like water to me, do you think they will put japanese koi in there?:cheers6:

teck
21-08-12, 22:54
Really hope can move in in Dec 2013 so I can sort out all the transport arrangement (school bus)for my kids before the school term starts in Jan 2014. #fingercross#

Echelon
21-08-12, 23:21
Bro you can become our WV organising committee's CEO. Can start planning now. Haha! We support our fellow FEC member!!:D

Wah arrow fired already...don't dare to be lah...all the gurus here. I am learning all the ropes only.

smpeh
22-08-12, 10:47
Ha ha, that's interesting, we both got similar idea. I sent Stanley an email last Tuesday mentioning that TOP probably around 3Q13 to 1Q14, and he advised that we could get the design process rolling around 2Q13.
I have already done a few layout plans on my own and started compiling a design brief of the sort of designs we like.
Have never used wallpaper before in my earlier homes, and not sure if it will last or easy to maintain in tropical climate, so am thinking of laminates but only for a couple of walls. Am thinking seriously of knocking down the bedroom wall next to living room or at least half of it (hopefully will not affect the air con fan coil, piping and cabling and hoping the fan coil is closer to the balcony side) as I will be using that bedroom as an open study/piano room.

Hi bro, do check what's the estimate charges like of engaging Stanley to do the ID? Any other bros and sis out there using him? Tks!

East Lover
22-08-12, 12:34
Hi bro, do check what's the estimate charges like of engaging Stanley to do the ID? Any other bros and sis out there using him? Tks!
I used for my Tropica unit, the work is perfect, and the price is reasonable.

you can check here for some ideas :)
http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/

East Lover
22-08-12, 12:35

(2) Using Wallpaper

wow, bro, you are very fast!

East Lover
22-08-12, 12:37

better engage Stan earlier, he is getting more and more popular :D

East Lover
22-08-12, 12:42

dinning at balcony sounds very romantic.... so what will do for the original dinning area?

btw, since you live in Pasir Ris, can share with us why you buy WV instead of NV? :D

jbtay
22-08-12, 13:21
better engage Stan earlier, he is getting more and more popular :D

That's what I thought earlier, would have helped him to space out his work schedule so it won't peak. Anyway, will get back to him probably around end of the year. Anyway, space is not hugh, there's only so much reno one can do and for a small space, less is more.
Might forget about opening up the adjacent room, cause even if want half wall, would still need to hack off whole wall and build back, to ensure integrity of wall (that is HDB's requirement and same logic would apply to any non-structural wall), that would mean dismantling the air-cons and fixing back.....a major job.

East Lover
22-08-12, 14:18
That's what I thought earlier, would have helped him to space out his work schedule so it won't peak. Anyway, will get back to him probably around end of the year. Anyway, space is not hugh, there's only so much reno one can do and for a small space, less is more.
Might forget about opening up the adjacent room, cause even if want half wall, would still need to hack off whole wall and build back, to ensure integrity of wall (that is HDB's requirement and same logic would apply to any non-structural wall), that would mean dismantling the air-cons and fixing back.....a major job.
is it possible to replace the wall with a glass foldable doors? i saw that in OCBC tampines branch.

http://www.scmmcsources.com/upfile/20090428154619822.JPG

jbtay
22-08-12, 14:29
Dear Sis, You have plenty of very good ideas. The folding glass doors are quite nice. So, the preferred option is bite the bullet, "just do it", after all, this could be our last stop ....hmnn I really would need to consult Stan soon.:cool:

East Lover
22-08-12, 14:39
Dear Sis, You have plenty of very good ideas. The folding glass doors are quite nice. So, the preferred option is bite the bullet, "just do it", after all, this could be our last stop ....hmnn I really would need to consult Stan soon.:cool:
good design increase the value of your unit!

by the way, we did a major reno for my Tropica unit, tear down the store room and kitchen walls (not only one but two!), to increase the dinning space and cater for good fengshui... i remember we paid a lot for this restructure.

but hoh, it added a huge value to this unit, and............ my unit broke the record of selling price in Tropica :ashamed1:

see the before and after Stan did
http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/2010/02/home-rejuvenated_17.html

azeoprop
22-08-12, 15:07
Update 22nd Aug 2012. :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7116/7836520244_13bb51dca0_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/7836520244/)
IMG_0043 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/7836520244/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

East Lover
22-08-12, 15:26
Update 22nd Aug 2012. :)
Thanks! finally all the reservior facing blocks reached to TOP floor now!

jbtay
22-08-12, 15:40

by the way, we did a major reno for my Tropica unit, tear down the store room and kitchen walls (not only one but two!), to increase the dinning space and cater for good fengshui... i remember we paid a lot for this restructure.

but hoh, it added a huge value to this unit, and............ my unit broke the record of selling price in Tropica :ashamed1:

wow, thanks for sharing....that is sure lovely.:cheers4: was yours the 1496 sq ft unit May 2011?
I read somewhere that even tearing down internal partition wall can only be done after CSC (Certificate of Statutory Completion) and not just TOP, if CSC takes place much latter than TOP, then cannot wait so long liao :doh:

jbtay
22-08-12, 15:43
[QUOTE=azeoprop]Update 22nd Aug 2012. :)

thanks, must have been taken from some high ground to be able to see the top of the penthouse ....I c you have been going around ...Waterfront Gold latest pics and others ....

jbtay
22-08-12, 15:58
wow, thanks for sharing....that is sure lovely.:cheers4: was yours the 1496 sq ft unit May 2011?
I read somewhere that even tearing down internal partition wall can only be done after CSC (Certificate of Statutory Completion) and not just TOP, if CSC takes place much latter than TOP, then cannot wait so long liao :doh:

ok, 1518 sq ft Sep 11 ...:cheers4:

East Lover
22-08-12, 16:52
ok, 1518 sq ft Sep 11 ...:cheers4:
Thanks.... :cheers4:

Buyer gave us late transaction till March 12. so only moved out this March...although till now I still 不舍得 。。。but what to do, 有舍才有得。。。

cnud
22-08-12, 17:29
Wow.. nice work indeed.

How much did you pay for the whole reno? >$50k?

forestfire
23-08-12, 08:25
Anyone thought of using seamless glass panels for your balcony?
Check this out:-

http://smartwindows.sg/products-2
http://smartwindows.sg/gallery
Dunno will be approved or not...:beats-me-man:

Echelon
23-08-12, 19:44
dinning at balcony sounds very romantic.... so what will do for the original dinning area?

btw, since you live in Pasir Ris, can share with us why you buy WV instead of NV? :D

How to fight with WV....literally water view all around, from pool to surrounding, Reservoir to Quarry....love it!

Would love to get some input and thoughts about wallpaper, my wife is not too crazy about the idea compared to what I was looking to do.

Also for lightings....I am planning on a minimalist look and feel with lots to storage to keep away the clutter.

East Lover
24-08-12, 11:32
How to fight with WV....literally water view all around, from pool to surrounding, Reservoir to Quarry....love it!

Would love to get some input and thoughts about wallpaper, my wife is not too crazy about the idea compared to what I was looking to do.

Also for lightings....I am planning on a minimalist look and feel with lots to storage to keep away the clutter.
I prefer to wallpaper, will value add a lot for the entire ID, but need to maintain. think of another way, if you can change wall paper say 3-5 years, it means you spend a bit of $$$ but give you new look totally per 3-5 years... keep your house always fresh feeling right?

By the way, for dinning at balcony, i think twice, not sure if have any fengshui concern or not? better google first or check with fengshui master...

jbtay
25-08-12, 09:38

yes, appreciate the advice. I do recall when I move out of AmberVille and to a freehold apartment in Joo Chiat, I had Nobel Design do up the ID. That was 1992 when Nobel just started. Managed to let go at 8xxk in 1995, not bad for a developer's price of 4xxk, but tampines court was a disaster, let go at 4xxk, despite holding on for 2 plus yrs without renting out.... don't know what I was thinking then ....anyway, we win some and lose some .... overall still positive ... more important, stay healthy and happy....understand you have good experience with wall paper ... so will consider that ... thanks :p

East Lover
25-08-12, 15:55
yes, appreciate the advice. I do recall when I move out of AmberVille and to a freehold apartment in Joo Chiat, I had Nobel Design do up the ID. That was 1992 when Nobel just started. Managed to let go at 8xxk in 1995, not bad for a developer's price of 4xxk, but tampines court was a disaster, let go at 4xxk, despite holding on for 2 plus yrs without renting out.... don't know what I was thinking then ....anyway, we win some and lose some .... overall still positive ... more important, stay healthy and happy....understand you have good experience with wall paper ... so will consider that ... thanks :p
Wow u changed so many places! Why eventually chose WV?

How abt ur A unit? Maybe u can change it into 2 smaller one to collect rental :D

jbtay
25-08-12, 21:37
Wow u changed so many places! Why eventually chose WV?

How abt ur A unit? Maybe u can change it into 2 smaller one to collect rental :D

We like the reservoir area and wanted a change since already lived at AQbP for 11 yrs, liked the WV layout and price appeared reasonable, unfortunately came to this decision for a change in Jun 11, so missed the initial launch. Will think about A after we move to WV... one step at a time...
Read that someone in Minton plans to install smartwindows ...
http://smartwindows.sg/
allowed to do in the back balcony and yard? if not why not? since installation is internal within the unit, does not involve hacking walls, etc and does not alter external facade .. heh its transparent ....can do after TOP or must wait till CSC...
may even want to do in front balcony.... then can place some nice outdoor wicker furniture there and have muffins and tea ...:D

East Lover
26-08-12, 16:58
We like the reservoir area and wanted a change since already lived at AQbP for 11 yrs, liked the WV layout and price appeared reasonable, unfortunately came to this decision for a change in Jun 11, so missed the initial launch. Will think about A after we move to WV... one step at a time...
Read that someone in Minton plans to install smartwindows ...
http://smartwindows.sg/
allowed to do in the back balcony and yard? if not why not? since installation is internal within the unit, does not involve hacking walls, etc and does not alter external facade .. heh its transparent ....can do after TOP or must wait till CSC...
may even want to do in front balcony.... then can place some nice outdoor wicker furniture there and have muffins and tea ...:D
I remember some FEC bro did ask shirley abt this smart windows, SL gave a clear NO answer as balcony cant be closed up. Maybe we can try our luck after CSC.
Btw can I install a basin beside the washing machine?

jbtay
26-08-12, 17:29
I remember some FEC bro did ask shirley abt this smart windows, SL gave a clear NO answer as balcony cant be closed up. Maybe we can try our luck after CSC.

That's the trouble with S'pore. Too many rules and no clear explanation and convincing argument from the authorities why this can't be allowed other than some high end ideals that someone conjured up in his head, or for some commercial reasons, e.g benefit has already been given to the developer in exchange for something, which is now written down as golden rule and cannot be broken. Things have changed, society has moved on. If they are not careful, even loyalists will decide not to choose the MIWs, sometime down the road.....

Yes, should be able to install a basin next to the WM as there is a water point at the WM point, but may need to hack the wall a bit to chase the tee-off in the wall, or you could run it exposed...

Kengar
26-08-12, 18:16
Yeah Bro, after my re-observation yesterday I think your guess is likely correct. :D

Thick black pipes...hmnn..possibly air-con copper pipes with black insulation jacket. If you look at type C1 layout, the passageway outside the bedrooms, common bath and kitchen will have false ceiling for all the air con pipes to get to the fan-coils which will be above the bedroom doorways. At the living/dining area, there will likely be boxing to left and right for the pipes to get to the living room fancoil and the dining room fancoil. My guess....

jbtay
26-08-12, 18:29
Yeah Bro, after my re-observation yesterday I think your guess is likely correct. :D

I changed the 3 fancoils and 1 compressor for AQbP from McQuay to Daikin after 11 years operation, also had to change the aircon pipes as the installers couldn't trace the leak. The fan coils for the smaller bedrooms were just above the doorways, but the fan coil for the MBR was above the bathroom doorway and there wasn't a connecting false ceiling all the way to that point even though the bathrooms had false ceiling, so the original pipework for the MBR fancoil for the last "mile" was encased into the wall ...jiatlak when got to replace :doh: even though its about 3 feet. I had to leave the new piping exposed but within a conduit and paint it same colour as the wall ....Hope Design Link don't make the same mistake ... Same architect as WV lol ..... :eek:

jbtay
28-08-12, 10:10

I emailed a query to smartwindows... and this is their reply today.

"Thanks for your interest in smartwindows, our frameless glass curtains. Appreciate your compliments on our product as well.

We understand from many of our clients that they have tried to ask for comments or approvals from various government authorities but were all in vain. They were made to infer that such installation does not fall under the purview of any of them. We have not engaged any MCST with regards to such installation as most have expressed they are only obligated to address the concerns of the owners of their respective developments only.

Many owners have taken the initiative to go ahead with such installation as they felt that it is of great benefits to their balcony area. Many of them have already started to enjoy that extra comfortable living space created within their house.

We noted the expected timeframe for the completion of your condo development. We will be glad to assist you with the installation of our frameless glass curtains in the near future."

Seems like if every authority says that this does not come under their purview , I would take it that its not for them to say no (never mind if they are shy to say yes), then as long as no authority objects, its as good as a "yes". :cheers4:

East Lover
28-08-12, 10:16
I emailed a query to smartwindows... and this is their reply today.

"Thanks for your interest in smartwindows, our frameless glass curtains. Appreciate your compliments on our product as well.

We understand from many of our clients that they have tried to ask for comments or approvals from various government authorities but were all in vain. They were made to infer that such installation does not fall under the purview of any of them. We have not engaged any MCST with regards to such installation as most have expressed they are only obligated to address the concerns of the owners of their respective developments only.

Many owners have taken the initiative to go ahead with such installation as they felt that it is of great benefits to their balcony area. Many of them have already started to enjoy that extra comfortable living space created within their house.

We noted the expected timeframe for the completion of your condo development. We will be glad to assist you with the installation of our frameless glass curtains in the near future."

Seems like if every authority says that this does not come under their purview , I would take it that its not for them to say no (never mind if they are shy to say yes), then as long as no authority objects, its as good as a "yes". :cheers4:
Good! Btw how much will it cost for our big front n back balcony? Any group discount??

kEN9170
28-08-12, 10:22
Good! Btw how much will it cost for our big front n back balcony? Any group discount??

Not so easy. Enclosed balcony will affect the over project GFA.
Hearsay some owners from a nearby condo went ahead to install windows for their balcony and now kena sue by developer.

carbuncle
28-08-12, 10:24
Pls check with your MCST once formed. Else do be prepared to dismantle if approval not given.

cnud
28-08-12, 10:35
Why need to dismantle since it's foldable and won't affect the facade appearance?

After CSC, MC should be able to decide..

forestfire
28-08-12, 10:47

JBtay, you're very fast - I received same reply also plus this....

"For your information, our current retail pricing is fixed at $1600 per metre run, subject to a maximum height of 2.2 metres."

I'm sure if there are many interested, there'll be bulk discount.

East Lover
28-08-12, 11:01
Hearsay some owners from a nearby condo went ahead to install windows for their balcony and now kena sue by developer.
Did anyone in WFW install this??:D

East Lover
28-08-12, 11:02
Why need to dismantle since it's foldable and won't affect the facade appearance?

After CSC, MC should be able to decide..
CSC means one year later after key collection?

kEN9170
28-08-12, 11:06
Did anyone in WFW install this??:D

Many would love to have it but we can't. :)

jbtay
28-08-12, 11:28

Perhaps high time for URA and relevant authorities to state clearly in "layman's" language what is and is not allowed...

Taken this from URA handbook on GFA ....

5.3 Balconies

Balconies are intended to be covered semi-outdoor spaces. Covered balconies constitute gross floor area (GFA). See Figures 5-1, 5-2 and 5-3.

Provision of balconies is encouraged to achieve the planning objective of enhancing the garden city ambience and promote greenery in the sky. The GFA of the balconies is allowed to be computed over and above the Master Plan control, subject to a cap of 10%. Existing developments, whose gross plot ratio (GPR) have exceeded the Master Plan intensity would also qualify for the additional balcony gross floor area (GFA), subject to a cap of 10% of the existing and approved GPR.

However, this would not apply to existing developments whose building form, height or use are not in accordance with the planning intention as indicated in the Master Plan, Building Height Plan or Special and Detailed Control Plan. For example, an existing flat and condominium development within a Designated Landed Housing Area or Good Class Bungalow Area would not qualify for the 10% additional GFA.

The additional 10% balcony GFA is applicable to:
a) residential developments (flats & condominium)
b) residential components within mixed-use developments and hotel developments

The balconies must have a continuous perimeter opening of at least 40% to qualify for the additional GFA. See Figure 5-4. This is to safeguard a reasonable degree of openness in balconies to distinguish them from indoor spaces. It also reinforces the planning objective of giving GFA incentive for balconies to facilitate planting and high-rise greenery.

The guideline will allow more flexibility in designing balconies where a variety of balcony forms can be considered in addition to the usual rectilinear forms. See Figure 5-5.

Balcony screens can be allowed provided that they comply with the following performance criteria:
a) The proposed balcony screens allow for natural ventilation within the balcony at all times; and
b) The proposed balcony screen is capable of being drawn open or retracted fully.

See Figure 5-6 for some possible designs of balcony screens. Such screens are intended to enhance the functionality and usability of balconies to meet homeowners changing needs (e.g. enclosing the balconies for safety and security reasons at some time but keeping the balcony open at other times). It will also avoid inconsistent ad-hoc enclosures by individual owners which could detract from the original building design and result in a messy and unattractive look, hence adversely affecting the property value.

The additional balcony GPR can only be used for balcony GFA and will not form the future development potential of the site upon redevelopment. The additional balcony GFA is subject to payment of development charge or differential premium, where applicable.

Service balconies, which are commonly provided at the utility areas for the purpose of drying clothes, would not qualify for the additional GFA.

[updated as at Feb 2007- Circular No:URA/PB/2007/01-DCD]

Promoting garden city ambience and skyline greenery is simply just crap :doh:
With 2BR layout nowadays, no yard, most people would hang their laundry in the front balcony.....:doh:

Interesting, service balconies would not qualify for additional GFA, so no concession was then made to developer ... does this mean that for WV, we can have smartwindows for the back Service Balcony .....:cheers4:

cnud
28-08-12, 11:29
CSC means one year later after key collection?

There about.. After the MSCT elected and set up..

$1,600 per meter run is EXPENSIVE!! I'm sure there will be many contractors/suppliers that can do it at much lesser.

I'd imagine the balcony to be about 5m = $8,000?

jbtay
28-08-12, 11:54
Pls check with your MCST once formed. Else do be prepared to dismantle if approval not given.

Thanks for the advice, reason why I didn't proceed to ask about pricing is I was hoping for more forum feedback and discussion. If its just MCST's approval, may not be that difficult; of course, MCST may not want to decide ... don't want to kena sued ....:doh: ha ha

From my reading of the BCA guidelines, just need to confirm it does not infringe on GFA requirements and whatever concessions granted to developer ....
The min 40% open ruling surely would be met if the windows can be fully retracted ... and basically owners would be happy to have the balconies open for natural ventilation, etc ... but in emergencies ... heavy rain, strong winds, we should have the means to protect that space ... bamboo blinds can't do the job...

Maybe the local papers would want to write a feature article on this ... since subject is very topical and get a response from authorities ......:cheers6:

cnud
28-08-12, 11:58
We helping the supplier/contractor to be millionaire..

East Lover
28-08-12, 12:01
There about.. After the MSCT elected and set up..

$1,600 per meter run is EXPENSIVE!! I'm sure there will be many contractors/suppliers that can do it at much lesser.

I'd imagine the balcony to be about 5m = $8,000?
$8,000 is just too expensive, and we have 2 balconies. if only go for the backyard, still too much....

East Lover
28-08-12, 12:02
Thanks for the advice, reason why I didn't proceed to ask about pricing is I was hoping for more forum feedback and discussion. If its just MCST's approval, may not be that difficult; of course, MCST may not want to decide ... don't want to kena sued ....:doh: ha ha

From my reading of the BCA guidelines, just need to confirm it does not infringe on GFA requirements and whatever concessions granted to developer ....
The min 40% open ruling surely would be met if the windows can be fully retracted ... and basically owners would be happy to have the balconies open for natural ventilation, etc ... but in emergencies ... heavy rain, strong winds, we should have the means to protect that space ... bamboo blinds can't do the job...

Maybe the local papers would want to write a feature article on this ... since subject is very topical and get a response from authorities ......:cheers6:
Mr Tay, can volunteer to write to forum of Straits Times? :D you will surely got a lot of responses and prompt reply from URA ;)

but $8000 for one balcony is just toooooooo expensive! do we have any alternatives??:confused:

carbuncle
28-08-12, 12:07
Why don't you write to forum and ask? See what bca reply.

cnud
28-08-12, 12:38
Why don't you write to forum and ask? See what bca reply.

Actually the supplier/contractor should do/can help with this service and get clearance from authorities.

East Lover
28-08-12, 14:55
See the blue glasses on 3rd floor - My favour guess: showflat??? that's the nearest place from car park...

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0637.jpg

desquire
28-08-12, 16:03
See the blue glasses on 3rd floor - My favour guess: showflat??? that's the nearest place from car park...

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0637.jpg
I don't think there will be any more showflats since the place is near completion in about a years' time. Guess those interested will have to hop down to the 3-in-1 at Tampines Central for Centrale 8, Trilliant and Waterview showflat. :D

jbtay
28-08-12, 16:31
I don't think there will be any more showflats since the place is near completion in about a years' time. Guess those interested will have to hop down to the 3-in-1 at Tampines Central for Centrale 8, Trilliant and Waterview showflat. :D

yes, don't think SL will use as showflat; but strangely though, on the reservoir side, stacks 13 and 14, SL has also done up the bluish tinted windows and balcony doors at the 3rd storey, I wonder why?

desquire
28-08-12, 16:36
yes, don't think SL will use as showflat; but strangely though, on the reservoir side, stacks 13 and 14, SL has also done up the bluish tinted windows and balcony doors at the 3rd storey, I wonder why?
Its probably a sample showflats for the workers to work on. As such, they will know the expectations on it's work etc. Maybe they conduct their briefing there too.

With that, easier for them to work as they have a benchmark to guide them and follow. Logical? Haha :p

jbtay
28-08-12, 16:43

nice pic, thanks. SL indeed speeding up; Xmas in WV 88 % chance :cheers1:

desquire
28-08-12, 16:44
Actually the supplier/contractor should do/can help with this service and get clearance from authorities.
You're right. If its made legal for condominiums here, it will be a breakthrough for them. God knows the huge number of people who would want this to be installed in their balcony.

With this, a balcony will be more purposeful and functional. If not for rain, no issue. At least with the glass doors/partition, the place can be kept dry and furnitures can be placed there too. Save for some place in our already small area.

Pricing is another factor. At 8k I rather invite the rain then get it installed. Nevermind about space. Hehe. :D

cnud
28-08-12, 16:45
My bet still Q2 end Q3 TOP.

jbtay
28-08-12, 16:51

yup, plus defects rectification, reno and move in b4 Xmas, sounds good:cheers4:

cnud
28-08-12, 18:12
yup, plus defects rectification, reno and move in b4 Xmas, sounds good:cheers4:

:cheers4: :cheers4:

East Lover
28-08-12, 20:34
I took a walk walk in Tropica after dinner, and I noticed that most of blockes are reached the top floor already, only bro desquire' block and his neighbour facing ave 1&10 corner haven't reached yet, but also around storey 13 liao. :p So nowadays SL is busy on interior n carpark floor.

Really have chance to collect key at Q3 next year! WV, 加油!

desquire
28-08-12, 20:54
I took a walk walk in Tropica after dinner, and I noticed that most of blockes are reached the top floor already, only bro desquire' block and his neighbour facing ave 1&10 corner haven't reached yet, but also around storey 13 liao. :p So nowadays SL is busy on interior n carpark floor.

Wah make fun of my snail block ar!!! Heheh. Ours slow but the best workmanship. Hhhaha!

I hope we can find a way to prevent the rain from coming in. Thanks to jbtay. For once I though I could smile and even put a few pieces of my furniture there.

Now we're back to square one. Back to ground zero. Let's just hope things chance for the better. :D

cnud
28-08-12, 22:04
September 2012 structural works reach top.
Nov 2012 brick wall complete.
Dec 2012 carpark complete.
Mar 2013 common facilities complete.
Apr 2013 boundary wall and drains, landscape, etc complete.
May 2013 TOP application.
Jun 2013 obtain keys.

:cheers3:

East Lover
28-08-12, 22:24
Jun 2013 obtain keys.

神机妙算mr cnud! :cheers4:

minami-san
28-08-12, 22:53
神机妙算mr cnud! :cheers4:

I like your timeline!!!:D

desquire
28-08-12, 23:11
Jun 2013 obtain keys.

Haha. I like!!! :D

payel
28-08-12, 23:41
Jun 2013 obtain keys.

cheers:cheers2:

payel
28-08-12, 23:45

hmm, u mean the block 44....?:banghead::banghead:.....that's my block also....:mad:....

East Lover
29-08-12, 09:00
hmm, u mean the block 44....?:banghead::banghead:.....that's my block also....:mad:....
don't worry, already around 13 nia...

good thing as bro desquire kept on mention: 慢工出细活 :D :D

desquire
29-08-12, 09:12
don't worry, already around 13 nia...

good thing as bro desquire kept on mention: 慢工出细活 :D :D

Hahaha! I can't understand a character of chinese but I shal join in the fun at snail's pace....hehehee :D :p :D :p :D :p

East Lover
29-08-12, 21:47
Dear FEC, do we know how big is entire WV? Bigger than Tropica?? We can spend hours walking in my current estate after dinner. Can we do so in WV?

Echelon
29-08-12, 22:05
Jun 2013 obtain keys.

This was what the agent told me, around June collect keys...that's why I jumped onboard.

desquire
29-08-12, 23:08
Dear FEC, do we know how big is entire WV? Bigger than Tropica?? We can spend hours walking in my current estate after dinner. Can we do so in WV?
At WV, the blocks are spaced rather generously. Not too closely packed together and we have a nice proper and rare huge '8' swimming pool.

Unlike new developments where there are many mini pools in view of each and every single block and carpark seems to be an issue too. I hope we don't have such problems over at WV.

These are the details that I managed to get on the land area. Maybe slightly smaller than Tropica in terms of overall spacing and individual units themselves but in my opinion still acceptable. We'll know better when the place has been completed. Hehe.
Project Details

PROJECT NAME: WATERVIEW

DISTRICT: 18

ADDRESS: Tampines Avenue 1 / 10

TYPE OF DEVELOPMENT: Private Residential Apartment / Condominium with Commercial Retail Space

DEVELOPER: Sim Lian Group

TENURE: 99 years Leasehold

LAND AREA: 31,739 sqm /* 341,650 sqft

desquire
29-08-12, 23:11
This was what the agent told me, around June collect keys...that's why I jumped onboard.
Keys as I know and hv heard of, will be handed over in batches. Looking at the progress, I'm sure our exclusive reservoir Facing blocks will hv a feel of the glittering keys say 3rd quarter next year while my fellow friends from the snail blocks will get them by 1st quarter 2014? Just my wild guess. Hehe. :D

East Lover
30-08-12, 09:25
At WV, the blocks are spaced rather generously. Not too closely packed together and we have a nice proper and rare huge '8' swimming pool.

Unlike new developments where there are many mini pools in view of each and every single block and carpark seems to be an issue too. I hope we don't have such problems over at WV.

These are the details that I managed to get on the land area. Maybe slightly smaller than Tropica in terms of overall spacing and individual units themselves but in my opinion still acceptable. We'll know better when the place has been completed. Hehe.
Project Details

TYPE OF DEVELOPMENT: Private Residential Apartment / Condominium with Commercial Retail Space

Bro, thanks!

East Lover
30-08-12, 09:26
See the latest progress - check how many floors already?
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0658.jpg

East Lover
30-08-12, 09:30
I have a question - if the central place will be used for our big pool, will it be too shallow? how deep is the pool? at least 1.5Metre correct?

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0659.jpg

desquire
30-08-12, 09:35
See the latest progress - check how many floors already?
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0658.jpg

Isn't this the infamous snail block on the right? For once I can see my unit so ever clearly. The workers playing catching in there!! Police and Thief maybe?? Hahahahhaha!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

jbtay
30-08-12, 10:51
I have a question - if the central place will be used for our big pool, will it be too shallow? how deep is the pool? at least 1.5Metre correct?

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0659.jpg

At AQbP, the pool is sunken in at the basement car park, ie at basement level below the pool, there is no car park area ie the pool is all the way down. For WV, think should be similar, the main pool is actually outside the pic you have taken, the columns appear to be fringing the smaller baby pool which would be much shallower, looking at an angle, the area can be deceptive, don't think there will be anything at car park level before the two pools.

Kengar
30-08-12, 13:07
Ohh really got "Condominium with Commercial Retail Space"? Will be very convenient. :rolleyes:

Project Details

East Lover
30-08-12, 14:14
At AQbP, the pool is sunken in at the basement car park, ie at basement level below the pool, there is no car park area ie the pool is all the way down. For WV, think should be similar, the main pool is actually outside the pic you have taken, the columns appear to be fringing the smaller baby pool which would be much shallower, looking at an angle, the area can be deceptive, don't think there will be anything at car park level before the two pools.
Oh I see. yes, that pool is children pool, so shouldn't be too deep. let's wait from bro Eastguy to take photo from block 65 Tropica, for our big big pool :D

Hi Bros & Sisters

jbtay
30-08-12, 15:48
Bro, thanks!

just for comparison...
AQbP 444560 sq ft 720 units
DBR 346000 sq ft 646 units
WV 341650 sq ft 696 units
Parc Olympia 322371 sq ft 486 units
ECO 308300 sq ft 748 units
ARC 221738 sq ft 574 units

Dont have Tropica site area, but from google site WV looks slightly bigger :spliff:

East Lover
30-08-12, 16:29
just for comparison...
AQbP 444560 sq ft 720 units
DBR 346000 sq ft 646 units
WV 341650 sq ft 696 units
Parc Olympia 322371 sq ft 486 units
ECO 308300 sq ft 748 units
ARC 221738 sq ft 574 units

Dont have Tropica site area, but from google site WV looks slightly bigger :spliff:
hah! how come I have an impression that DBR is smaller than WV, and very crowed??:doh:

i used my visual feeling to compare during weekend cycling, i also feel WV is slightly bigger.... :D but our bro desquire said maybe slightly smaller lah...

desquire
30-08-12, 17:09
hah! how come I have an impression that DBR is smaller than WV, and very crowed??:doh:

i used my visual feeling to compare during weekend cycling, i also feel WV is slightly bigger.... :D but our bro desquire said maybe slightly smaller lah...
Hehe. Just my guy feeling lah. Same horseshoe layout. Maybe better fengshui with '8' pool. Tropica being an older deelopment, they are usually more spacious compared to the squeezy new developments. If it's luxurious, then we should be happy and can breathe better at WV! :p

jbtay
30-08-12, 17:32

StreetDirectory map gives a better view than Googlemap as it shows condos under construction ...
DBR has 14 blocks
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_44856/travel_site_144265/
WV has 12 blocks
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_53191/travel_site_152738/

Certain areas will look congested depending on the layout as some blocks are closed together. On the whole WV will appear to be spacious as the central core is open. It becomes obvious also why Tropica is more spacious than WV.

see also AQbP and the waterfront series .....
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_385/travel_site_76498/ :D

East Lover
30-08-12, 18:12
StreetDirectory map gives a better view than Googlemap as it shows condos under construction ...
DBR has 14 blocks
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_44856/travel_site_144265/
WV has 12 blocks
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_53191/travel_site_152738/

Certain areas will look congested depending on the layout as some blocks are closed together. On the whole WV will appear to be spacious as the central core is open. It becomes obvious also why Tropica is more spacious than WV.

see also AQbP and the waterfront series .....
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_385/travel_site_76498/ :D
ok WV looks wider than Tropica, but more blockes...

AQbP seems has biggest pool among all of them :D

DBR go so big pool meh? let me confirm once i collect key hehehe

payel
30-08-12, 22:23
Hahaha! I can't understand a character of chinese but I shal join in the fun at snail's pace....hehehee :D :p :D :p :D :p
Even I also don't understand Chinese but that's not a barrier here.....:p...as I can feel the the happiness.....:D..very exited.....

East Lover
31-08-12, 14:04
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0670.jpg

East Lover
31-08-12, 14:09
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0669.jpg

jbtay
02-09-12, 13:55
Another dead body has been found at Bedok Reservoir, the eighth so far since June last year.

The decomposed body was found floating on the water and spotted by a passer-by doing his exercise on Sunday morning about 7am.

Police told Yahoo! Singapore they received a call at 6.52am requesting for assistance at Bedok Reservoir.

Upon arrival, the body of a man was found floating in the water. He was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokeswoman told Yahoo! Singapore that they also received a call at 6.57am. Upon arrival, they saw a Chinese male floating on the water and used ropes and lie buoys to get the body up.

Police are investigating the unnatural death.

A spate of six bodies were found in as many months at Bedok Reservoir during mid-June to the end of last year, prompting the Public Utilities Board to improve lighting in the area. Signs showing suicide hotlines were also put up in the area.

In the most recent case earlier this year in January, a man's body was also found floating in the reservoir after being spotted wading into the water earlier.

But since then, the area has passed without incident until now.

desquire
02-09-12, 16:02
Oh no!! We were just talking about it. Here it comes!!:(

Kengar
02-09-12, 18:49
Hmm think got another new case this evening, just drove past and saw police vehicles and policemen handling a body bag. Don't seem like the morning case. This is near to Achipelago side.

desquire
02-09-12, 19:37
Hmm think got another new case this evening, just drove past and saw police vehicles and policemen handling a body bag. Don't seem like the morning case. This is near to Achipelago side.
I hope I am seeing things, reading messages cross-eyed. Two in a day is a serious tragedy. :(

carbuncle
02-09-12, 21:34
oMg this is bad... another case? in the same day

kane
02-09-12, 23:01
zhun bo? this is getting pretty bad.

Kengar
03-09-12, 00:06
No news reporting any new case, so the evening one i saw could be the same morning case which was still being investigated.

I hope I am seeing things, reading messages cross-eyed. Two in a day is a serious tragedy. :(

desquire
03-09-12, 09:53
The workers over at WV must have a clear view on the tragedy from the frontrunner's blocks. They must be wondering whatever happened out there while buy at work. :( :( :(

Grande
03-09-12, 10:35
No news reporting any new case, so the evening one i saw could be the same morning case which was still being investigated.

Hi bro Kengar, I saw it too. I saw the police tent covering a park bench. So, I think it should be another case :scared-4:

East Lover
03-09-12, 17:26
Hi bro Kengar, I saw it too. I saw the police tent covering a park bench. So, I think it should be another case :scared-4:
That's too much! Someone has to do something about it! We can't let bedok reservior become this kind of hot spot :banghead:

GSLJ
03-09-12, 18:06
No news reporting any new case, so the evening one i saw could be the same morning case which was still being investigated.It's a new case on the same day.

So sad that this lovely place has become a hot spot for such... :(

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1295928/second_body_found_at_bedok_reservoir_within.html

Super
04-09-12, 00:21
It's a new case on the same day.

So sad that this lovely place has become a hot spot for such... :(

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1295928/second_body_found_at_bedok_reservoir_within.html

Dun know should believe the feng shui master or not. But since seems like more and more. :scared-3:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/814512/fengshui_master_warns_of_more_bedok_reservoir_deaths.html

East Lover
05-09-12, 15:49
Anyone knows if WV brick wall already 防热?

現代的住宅大都是混凝土結構,耐震效果不錯,但是會吸熱、蓄熱,吸飽了或太陽走了就開始散熱,反而成為房子的熱源。傍晚的時候,室外開始降溫,東牆在早上吸的熱已經發散的差不多,可是西牆在下午吸的熱才剛要開始發散,結果造成屋外29℃時,室內可能是32℃甚至更高,回家好像進暖爐。

East Lover
05-09-12, 17:17
台灣地處低緯,受到陽光直射或大角度斜射,全年高溫,但建築師為了迎合市場,拋棄專業,經常不顧及屋子的通風方位和日曬,盲目地學習歐美高緯度地區做法,設計大面窗戶,而消費者迷信高檔建材、炫耀視野景觀,結果烈陽當頭無處躲,住進去才大喊受苦。

carbuncle
05-09-12, 17:42
ha ha. full length glass may not always be practical if facing sun direction.

East Lover
05-09-12, 18:10
ha ha. full length glass may not always be practical if facing sun direction.

Depends on facing also...
新加坡位于赤道,从春分(321)到秋分(923),太阳是东北方向升起,西北方向落下,所以,太阳下午是直接晒西北方向,而不是正西。反之,从秋分到春分,太阳在南半球,太阳下午晒的是西南方向。

但是新加坡的天气是不对称的,4月到10月这段时间比较热,而11月到三月这半年凉快。

所以,朝西南方向的西晒,被雨季的天气抵消了一部分。而朝西北方向,由于赶上了新加坡在4,5月份的炎热天气,就显得比较要命。

新加坡背靠亚洲大陆,隔着苏门答腊靠近印度洋,所以,4-10月盛行西南风,11-3月吹东北风。所以,房子呈东北西南朝向最凉快。这就是为什么有些屋子特别凉快的原因。

East Lover
05-09-12, 21:46
据新加坡高力国际的调查数据,中国投资者投资比较集中的区域主要在乌节路顶级购物休闲区、滨海湾金融区及新市中心、武吉知马富人住宅区、新加坡西部裕廊湖区、中部的碧山住宅区、东部的勿洛蓄水池区以及东海岸滨海生活最佳住宅区等,基本都是高档私人住宅区。

joycewangwen
06-09-12, 22:08
I like WV. huge potential...

Maybe after twenty years, I suddenly realise it is a sapphire I find in my life.:D :D

East Lover
12-09-12, 15:38
I like WV. huge potential...

Maybe after twenty years, I suddenly realise it is a sapphire I find in my life.:D :D
Nowadays $1200/psf is a norm to OCR condo, our beautiful WV is definitely a hidden jewel, super good buy :) if there is a LRT station as mr Tay guessed, if quarry park link with reservior as I strongly suggested :D, WV will have much much more potential :cheers4:

Btw, do we have free shuttle bus at first year?? Can we ask shuttle bus go MRT + Giant + market hourly??:D

desquire
12-09-12, 16:13
Nowadays $1200/psf is a norm to OCR condo, our beautiful WV is definitely a hidden jewel, super good buy :) if there is a LRT station as mr Tay guessed, if quarry park link with reservior as I strongly suggested :D, WV will have much much more potential :cheers4:

Btw, do we have free shuttle bus at first year?? Can we ask shuttle bus go MRT + Giant + market hourly??:D
Haha. You're funny. I like the way you pit things across. Yup, I was told that there will be a shuttle bus to the MRT station in the first year.

Now you want Giant and Ikea and Tampines Mall. Orchard and JB Legoland can? Haha!! Anyway seemed like sales still moving. 3 sold so far the last month. Time not yet up. Maybe more. Hehe. :D

East Lover
12-09-12, 19:43
Haha. You're funny. I like the way you pit things across. Yup, I was told that there will be a shuttle bus to the MRT station in the first year.

Now you want Giant and Ikea and Tampines Mall. Orchard and JB Legoland can? Haha!! Anyway seemed like sales still moving. 3 sold so far the last month. Time not yet up. Maybe more. Hehe. :D
JB shopping, factory outlet n legoland... Can u organise our dear FEC CEO? :D

In fact I'm very curious to know how much will FEO sell the land opp WV and what kind of selling points will they use? And.... Anything new n good but we don't know yet??

desquire
12-09-12, 20:00

In fact I'm very curious to know how much will FEO sell the land opp WV and what kind of selling points will they use? And.... Anything new n good but we don't know yet??
When will FEO start their sales? Anytime soon? No news as of now right?

Anyway I no CEO lah. Just a small boy. Hehe. When WV TOP, we can organise a trip over the NS Highway. We can drive up together. That's what I always do over the holidays. Our meeting point is where we already will be at. :D

bakasa2002
12-09-12, 21:28
When will FEO start their sales? Anytime soon? No news as of now right?

FEO is too bz with Eco and my guess is they will likely start the plot opp WV after that ... :)

Kengar
13-09-12, 00:27
Going by FEO style, it will sell that land opp WV like the best living place in Tampines, and likely price higher the WV... during then WV will appear a better bargain :D

kEN9170
13-09-12, 05:57
Not the normal type of bricks wall.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3646/20120911135749.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8236/20120911135556.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2641/20120911135820.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3091/20120911140033.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7337/20120911140323.jpg

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5382/20120911140151.jpg

desquire
13-09-12, 09:07
Nice work Ken! The place looks so serene and the structures almost completed!!

What's with the brick wall?? I'm no building specialist. Is it something good?? Hehe!!:p

NorthernStar
13-09-12, 09:14
Nice work Ken! The place looks so serene and the structures almost completed!!

What's with the brick wall?? I'm no building specialist. Is it something good?? Hehe!!:p
I guess bro Ken referred to the internal partition wall...:) Almost all CDL's new projects using this wall system.

East Lover
13-09-12, 09:42
I guess bro Ken referred to the internal partition wall...:) Almost all CDL's new projects using this wall system.
I'm more concern about the external wall - is it by law developer must provide 防水隔热materials in the brick wall???

frankly, from the pictures, it seems just a normal brick wall to me.... :eek:

desquire
13-09-12, 09:56
I'm more concern about the external wall - is it by law developer must provide 防水隔热materials in the brick wall???

frankly, from the pictures, it seems just a normal brick wall to me.... :eek:

A wall is a wall to me too. Technical and compound knowledge on the materials etc is too complex to me. As long there's a wall can lah! Haha!:D

The place looks really stunning at the moment! Most of the work for the last level has been completed and sealed to the top (penthouse)! Yeah!!:p :p :p

cnud
13-09-12, 10:57
Other than the FEO plot opposite Waterview, there are 3 more parcels for sale from URA.

Lots of potential here.

East Lover
13-09-12, 11:49
Other than the FEO plot opposite Waterview, there are 3 more parcels for sale from URA.

Lots of potential here.
i guess FEO will bid high high to get all of them, and then develop a series of quarry front condo, with sky high price :D :D :D

with the power of FEO, we will have LRT and a lot more in this area, very soon :cheers4:

FEC loves FEO!

Justin3
13-09-12, 12:43
A wall is a wall to me too. Technical and compound knowledge on the materials etc is too complex to me. As long there's a wall can lah! Haha!:D

The place looks really stunning at the moment! Most of the work for the last level has been completed and sealed to the top (penthouse)! Yeah!!:p :p :p

Which is better? brick wall of cement wall?
I noticed that in HDB building site, there is not a single brick, all walls are cement and pre-fabrecated. I guess brick wall will have better isolation for sound and heat? isn't it?

JUSTIN3

kEN9170
13-09-12, 12:44
Yes Im refering to the internal partition wall. You read my mind.
Livia is using this wall system. You can listen to tv sounds, pple talking, clearly at late nite. Some issue....just cannot have secret talk...:p

Justin3
13-09-12, 12:50
Livia is using this wall system. You can listen to tv sounds, pple talking, clearly at late nite. Some issue....just cannot have secret talk...:p

that is really too bad. why the developer can't use bricks?:confused:

carbuncle
13-09-12, 12:54
Revenge. That was what Madam Tan Sze Sze scribbled in red several times on a photocopy of her husband's birth certificate.

It was found in the front right pocket of her red T-shirt when her body was found in Bedok Reservoir nearly a year ago.

The body of her son, Jeral, was found with hers. She is believed to have taken the boy with her into the reservoir when she decided to end her life.

It all started with cracks in her marriage.

Read the full report in today’s paper (Sept 13)

desquire
13-09-12, 13:00
i guess FEO will bid high high to get all of them, and then develop a series of quarry front condo, with sky high price :D :D :D

with the power of FEO, we will have LRT and a lot more in this area, very soon :cheers4:

FEC loves FEO!
Hahah! I hope they hear your tune!!! I like them both too!!!
:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

desquire
13-09-12, 13:01

Lots of potential here.

My goodness!! They doing another version of the Waterfront Series here!!!! Argghhhh!!!!:beats-me-man:

desquire
13-09-12, 13:03

This means that bthe wall at WV is not of the preferred type and better quality? Correct?:eek:

East Lover
13-09-12, 14:08
This means that bthe wall at WV is not of the preferred type and better quality? Correct?:eek:
not really leh, i noticed initially it's brick wall, then they paint with cement later.... because I remember there are some units, the internal walls are still in red colour...

NorthernStar
14-09-12, 09:41
Which is better? brick wall of cement wall?
I noticed that in HDB building site, there is not a single brick, all walls are cement and pre-fabrecated. I guess brick wall will have better isolation for sound and heat? isn't it?

JUSTIN3
I did some studies before, clay(red) brick is usually better in heat isolation but require high energy to fab hence less environment friendly. Pre-fab concrete wall is usually cheaper in cost and they "claimed " quality is good as they are built in factory. Both should have the same strength if they are designed to be same.

NorthernStar
14-09-12, 09:44
not really leh, i noticed initially it's brick wall, then they paint with cement later.... because I remember there are some units, the internal walls are still in red colour...
The partition wall only suitable for dividing the bed/study/living rooms.. The walls between the units and walls in the kitchen, toilets should still using brick / concrete wall..

NorthernStar
14-09-12, 09:48
Depend on personal preferences.. Partition wall is lighter which is good to the building structures but you maybe limited to hang thingy on the wall.

Bro/sis here can write to Sim Lian and make sure they put the high quality isolation materials into the partition wall..This may get even better sound isolation than the brick wall.. :2cents:

East Lover
14-09-12, 15:37
The partition wall only suitable for dividing the bed/study/living rooms.. The walls between the units and walls in the kitchen, toilets should still using brick / concrete wall..

I see... yes, you are right! from the photo, it shows the brick walls are kitchen, toilets walls... still empty for bedroom to living rooms

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0821.jpg

East Lover
14-09-12, 15:46
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0820.jpg

jbtay
15-09-12, 08:07

Legoland is actually midway between 2nd link and JPO, nice to do 2 in 1 trip, but 76ha too big for 1 day. Maybe stay at Pulai Springs Resort, shop 1 day, amusement park 2 days and spa every nite. :D . Legoland designed for 2 to 12 yrs old, so should be good for old foggie like me entering 2nd childhood.
Off to KL next week, Park Royal kind enough to extend me a 4 day complimentary for my missed trip last Dec 11, so good gesture ...:cheers4:
wife wants to shop and kid on 6 wks poly term break :cool:

desquire
15-09-12, 12:35
Legoland is actually midway between 2nd link and JPO, nice to do 2 in 1 trip, but 76ha too big for 1 day. Maybe stay at Pulai Springs Resort, shop 1 day, amusement park 2 days and spa every nite. :D . Legoland designed for 2 to 12 yrs old, so should be good for old foggie like me entering 2nd childhood.
Off to KL next week, Park Royal kind enough to extend me a 4 day complimentary for my missed trip last Dec 11, so good gesture ...:cheers4:
wife wants to shop and kid on 6 wks poly term break :cool:
That's nice. Enjoy your break. I frequent Park Royal as well. Will be hopping down in December to probably Port Dickson and KL for a short holiday. I simply love the long relaxing drive.

I'm not so looking forward to Legoland but more of a fan of Hello Kitty World which will be built next to it. Has it een completed? I'm a fan of pink too!! Haha. :D

forestfire
16-09-12, 09:50
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0820.jpg

Looks like the lower part of the construction is the basement carpark - the level above to ground floor units is the swimming pool level. In between the 2 levels is the service area for swimming pool pump, filtration room, pipings, soil, etc

Kengar
17-09-12, 14:25
Wow still manage to sell 8 units in Aug! Median price of $899 (huat long long). 43 units left. :D

desquire
17-09-12, 15:37
Wow still manage to sell 8 units in Aug! Median price of $899 (huat long long). 43 units left. :D
I thought 3 only. Wow! Fantastico!! It grows with time!!:D :D :D

phantom_opera
18-09-12, 17:30
2012-09-07 #11-XX 786 999psf 2010-12-03 867psf $103,752 644d 8.4%pa

Justin3
19-09-12, 16:17
2012-09-07 #11-XX 786 999psf 2010-12-03 867psf $103,752 644d 8.4%pa

My calculation

Initial purchase = 786 x 867 = $681,462
Yielding after sale = $103,752
Profit for 644 days = 103752/681462 = 15.22%
% PA = (15.22% / 644 day) * 365 day = 8.63%

better than inflation rate right ? :)

East Lover
19-09-12, 16:26
My calculation

Initial purchase = 786 x 867 = $681,462
Yielding after sale = $103,752
Profit for 644 days = 103752/681462 = 15.22%
% PA = (15.22% / 644 day) * 365 day = 8.63%

better than inflation rate right ? :)
have to pay additional 2% SSD correct if he bought before new CM? It was 4%-3%-2%-1%. now should be 2% or 3%?

Justin3
19-09-12, 17:32
have to pay additional 2% SSD correct if he bought before new CM? It was 4%-3%-2%-1%. now should be 2% or 3%?

This is correct, but if considered the guy who bought the unit initially only paid 20% + 10% of purchase price till now

so initial cost = $204,438.6

profit after deduct SSD and CM = $69,679

Profit in % (PA) = ((69679/204438)/644)*365 = 19.31% (PA)

Now I understand why Government come out the new rules.

cnud
20-09-12, 11:23
Should sell nearer to TOP. Will jump price.

desquire
20-09-12, 12:06
Should sell nearer to TOP. Will jump price.

I'm still scratching my head and pondering what price this place can fetch in the near future... nearer to TOP maybe say 1300psf highest??? Possible figure???:beats-me-man:

cnud
20-09-12, 13:23
Developers still marketing unsold units. Although bigger size but buyers will compare the PSF.

Likely to fetch 1150 there about upon TOP..??

East Lover
20-09-12, 13:41
Developers still marketing unsold units. Although bigger size but buyers will compare the PSF.

Likely to fetch 1150 there about upon TOP..??
remember I mentioned before? one potential buyer was studying the reservior facing units from carpark, and thinking if should make an offer, as some unit is asking 1.5mil.....

when FEO market the land opp WV, and sell with sky high price, our WV resale psf will reach much higher.

be patient. anyway, need to bear the SSD now.

chestnut
20-09-12, 14:29
remember I mentioned before? one potential buyer was studying the reservior facing units from carpark, and thinking if should make an offer, as some unit is asking 1.5mil.....

when FEO market the land opp WV, and sell with sky high price, our WV resale psf will reach much higher.

be patient. anyway, need to bear the SSD now.

East Lover, the land bid from Sim Lian was 421 psf/ppr.
The land bid by FEO/Fraser was 418 psf/ppr.

I really have no idea what kind of pricing FEO will put up. But waterview plot of land is definitely better than FEOs.

bakasa2002
20-09-12, 14:34

I really have no idea what kind of pricing FEO will put up. But waterview plot of land is definitely better than FEOs.

My guess is around 1k psf. :)

East Lover
20-09-12, 14:47

Don't under estimate the selling power of FEOs. they can easily 点石成金。

maybe maybe there will be a LRT station soon...... :rolleyes:

desquire
20-09-12, 14:53
My guess is around 1k psf. :)
I think so too. Most definitely higher than WV's pricing. Hehe. ;)

desquire
20-09-12, 14:54

Thats the talk of the town. I'm sure FEO knows better what will sprung up from the location more than anyone else. I also suspect it's an LRT! :eek:

chestnut
20-09-12, 15:05

I do not under estimate FEO. I am just stating the land price.

Of course if they price it > 1K, I will be more then happy. I also have a unit in this place.

chestnut
20-09-12, 19:48
Time for some number crunching :

the land bid from Sim Lian was 421 psf/ppr for waterview.

Land bid from Far east/Fraser was 418 psf/ppr for tampines.

The land bid from far east /fraser was 534 psf/ppr for Eco.(same developers for
Eco)

Assume Eco ave price is 1,200 psf ave (please put in your own figure). If based on 1,200 psf, then the tampines site will be 1,200-116 = 1,084 psf ave.

The developer building Eco is also the one who won the tampines site.

The above is based on the following assumption.
Same material used.

bakasa2002
20-09-12, 21:28

Eco)

Assume Eco ave price is 1,200 psf ave (please put in your own figure). If based on 1,200 psf, then the tampines site will be 1,200-116 = 1,084 psf ave.

Same material used.

imo, eco vs new feo tampines site main diff is MRT, so if u deduct 100psf off your figure, it will be 984? It will be within the $1000psf prediction.

phantom_opera
20-09-12, 23:21
If FEO can sell Hillsta for 1100-1200psf, why not this plot with Quarry Park view?

2012-08-24 #07-XX 753 1,225 923,100
2012-08-21 #12-XX 570 1,139 650,000
2012-08-17 #13-XX 1,001 1,163 1,164,600
2012-08-17 #15-XX 1,001 1,184 1,185,200

desquire
21-09-12, 00:31

Eco)

Same material used.

I think it will be probably close to what you predicted.:D

desquire
21-09-12, 00:32
If FEO can sell Hillsta for 1100-1200psf, why not this plot with Quarry Park view?

2012-08-24 #07-XX 753 1,225 923,100
2012-08-21 #12-XX 570 1,139 650,000
2012-08-17 #13-XX 1,001 1,163 1,164,600
2012-08-17 #15-XX 1,001 1,184 1,185,200

Hillsta is in a more exclusive location minus Quarry View??;)

phantom_opera
21-09-12, 22:01
see ... I told u ... view is worth millions

a new record breaking 1,106psf on 6th floor

2012-09-10 #06-XX 1,130 1,106psf 2010-12-09 920psf $210,180 641 11.1

1.25Million

that is scary :scared-1:

Kengar
21-09-12, 22:29
this is WV or Hillsta?

see ... I told u ... view is worth millions

a new record breaking 1,106psf on 6th floor

2012-09-10 #06-XX 1,130 1,106psf 2010-12-09 920psf $210,180 641 11.1

1.25Million

that is scary :scared-1:

Justin3
24-09-12, 13:12
this is WV or Hillsta?

Dear all friends of FEC

any update on the TOP of WV?

any news on the gorup purchase items like smart window, curtain etc?

Thanks

JUSTIN3

Justin3
24-09-12, 13:15
this is WV or Hillsta?

3BR, 1130 sqf must be WV.

East Lover
24-09-12, 16:28
Dear all friends of FEC

any update on the TOP of WV?

any news on the gorup purchase items like smart window, curtain etc?

Thanks

JUSTIN3
No news yet... too early for the TOP lah :D

I guess many of us are busy for kids' exam, so very very quiet in our famouse WV thread.

Dear FEC, where are you? how are you?:D :p :D :p :D :p

desquire
25-09-12, 07:55
No news yet... too early for the TOP lah :D

I guess many of us are busy for kids' exam, so very very quiet in our famouse WV thread.

Dear FEC, where are you? how are you?:D :p :D :p :D :p

Good morning all FEC's. I'm alright, alive and kicking... hahahhah!!!

Awaiting the blocks to be sealed up to the top one by one, many of which have actually already been completed. They seemed to be getting the swimming pool and carpark done up at the same time.

I'm bubbled up over the fact that a unit has just record a record psf despite the place still being uder constuction and some time to go before TOP. With a hope of a new LRT and promises of a more vibrant 'quarry park' and FEO new launch priceecan only smile, smile for the momnt when a smile is still valid. Hahahha!!!:p :D :p :D :D :p :D :p

jjtio
25-09-12, 08:47
finally i can sign in now. been following the thread but i could not login at all. nice meeting all of you fellow WV-iers. :)

East Lover
25-09-12, 09:28
finally i can sign in now. been following the thread but i could not login at all. nice meeting all of you fellow WV-iers. :)
welcome back to our FEC - Friendly East Club @ WV! :D

East Lover
25-09-12, 09:30
Good morning all FEC's. I'm alright, alive and kicking... hahahhah!!!

Awaiting the blocks to be sealed up to the top one by one, many of which have actually already been completed. They seemed to be getting the swimming pool and carpark done up at the same time.

I'm bubbled up over the fact that a unit has just record a record psf despite the place still being uder constuction and some time to go before TOP. With a hope of a new LRT and promises of a more vibrant 'quarry park' and FEO new launch priceecan only smile, smile for the momnt when a smile is still valid. Hahahha!!!:p :D :p :D :D :p :D :p
yes, they are doing floor near the main pool now. will take some photo after PSLE, and hopefuly before my US trip :D

desquire
25-09-12, 10:03

Wlcome in. Nice having you on board!:p

desquire
25-09-12, 10:05
yes, they are doing floor near the main pool now. will take some photo after PSLE, and hopefuly before my US trip :D

Things are speeding up very well. Everyone is out there on a holiday or planning for one. Hehe. Enjoy your trip!!:p :p

East Lover
25-09-12, 10:43
Things are speeding up very well. Everyone is out there on a holiday or planning for one. Hehe. Enjoy your trip!!:p :p
Thanks... Pls wish my boy boy good luck for his PSLE as well! :D :D :D

cnud
25-09-12, 11:37

Good luck and rest well.:cool:

Justin3
25-09-12, 11:45
Hello FEC

I work in Bedok south and live in Sengkang, want to move in to WV as earlier as possible lah, can save 2/3 of driving time lah.

JUSTIN3

auroraborealis
25-09-12, 14:34
though the area will be quiet for own stay... with the arc & upcoming far east launch... have to live with construction for the next few years... where in SG can I escape construction sites :doh:

jjtio
25-09-12, 15:27
thanks all.
glad to be a member of FEC.
happiest would be my lil gal
:cheers4:

desquire
25-09-12, 15:31
Do have a great holiday and I'm sure your kid will do well for the coming PSLE. Nothing much to worry about. Just relax and enjoy. Hehehe.

East Lover
25-09-12, 17:01
Do have a great holiday and I'm sure your kid will do well for the coming PSLE. Nothing much to worry about. Just relax and enjoy. Hehehe.
谢谢!:) :) :)

joycewangwen
02-10-12, 19:52
OMG....finally....:doh::doh:

East Lover
02-10-12, 21:26
Finally forum is back! Finally PSLE is over :D life back to normal again :cheers4:

FEC, miss u! :ashamed1:

desquire
03-10-12, 00:59
Lost in space for 5 days!! Haha. Finally, my life is more complete with FEC residents!!:D

Justin3
03-10-12, 09:17
though the area will be quiet for own stay... with the arc & upcoming far east launch... have to live with construction for the next few years... where in SG can I escape construction sites :doh:

The Arc is not a problem as it almost reached the top with green mesh, it is really fast.

20% cheaper compare to WV. isn't it?

JUSTIN3

desquire
03-10-12, 11:41
The Arc is not a problem as it almost reached the top with green mesh, it is really fast.

20% cheaper compare to WV. isn't it?

JUSTIN3

Yeah... true. In fact it's really moving really fast!! Maybe TOP before WV!!! Hahahahah!:D

zannchen
03-10-12, 12:15
Good to have the forum back. Cheers all
:cheers4:

minami-san
03-10-12, 21:36
Yes! The forum is finally back!!! Happy :) Btw, i have just paid for the additions/modifications. Received a letter to pay. I remembered some FEC said can wait till TOP to pay? How come they ask me to pay first? Hmmm..

Kengar
03-10-12, 23:57
In the additions/modifications letter which you originally signed, did it state when you are obligated to make payment?

For mine i specially asked SL to state at TOP.

Yes! The forum is finally back!!! Happy :) Btw, i have just paid for the additions/modifications. Received a letter to pay. I remembered some FEC said can wait till TOP to pay? How come they ask me to pay first? Hmmm..

desquire
04-10-12, 07:54

Could it probably be the fact that they are starting on the interior now?? But it looks like still have lotsa work o be done. Just the main core building completed in my eyes. :D

Justin3
04-10-12, 09:28

Dear FEC

what addition/modification you have got?

Just curious!

When I asked for changing the tiles to marbles, they said that the materials were run out.

JUSTIN3

desquire
04-10-12, 10:04
Dear FEC

Just curious!

When I asked for changing the tiles to marbles, they said that the materials were run out.

JUSTIN3

Materials run out?? Is that even a valid answer to the request? Grrrr!!!:(

cnud
04-10-12, 10:39
Could it probably be the fact that they are starting on the interior now?? But it looks like still have lotsa work o be done. Just the main core building completed in my eyes. :D

Must concurrent work on multiple fronts. Structural works on common areas will not clash with interior works or Mechanical/Electrical/Architectural works.

Kengar
04-10-12, 10:53
I requested for

1) change to marbe;
2) exclusion of all bedroom wardrobes;
3) widening of fridge space;
4) seal up door to 2nd balcony form MBR;
5) add cabinet behind bathroom mirror with soft closing hinges.

Dear FEC

Just curious!

JUSTIN3

Justin3
04-10-12, 12:48
Materials run out?? Is that even a valid answer to the request? Grrrr!!!:(

What they said is that the mable material were left over from other project and with limited quantity.

desquire
04-10-12, 13:09
What they said is that the mable material were left over from other project and with limited quantity.

hmmmm/... knowing that they have many projects at hand and with more coming...

aren't they even expecting customers to want to have a switch to mrble flooring or maybe get new supplies of another different type???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Kengar
04-10-12, 15:39
Wah now i am worried, since supplies are limited they are not likely to do dry laying to make sure the marble tiles are consistent.
:doh:

chestnut
04-10-12, 15:53
Wah now i am worried, since supplies are limited they are not likely to do dry laying to make sure the marble tiles are consistent.
:doh:

Did you sign on the agreement with this clause?

I/We will indemnify you and keep you indemnified against all claims, demands,
writs, summonses, actions, orders, damages, expenses and costs of any nature
whatsoever which you may suffer or incur arising from or in connection with the
Changes and/or breach of the terms of this letter

Kengar
04-10-12, 17:00
Yes i did have that clause too.. and added this too

"Our request for the Changes will be inclusive with the Defects Liability Period, namely the period 12 months from the date we received Notice of Vacant Possession in respective of the unit."

Did you sign on the agreement with this clause?

I/We will indemnify you and keep you indemnified against all claims, demands,
writs, summonses, actions, orders, damages, expenses and costs of any nature
whatsoever which you may suffer or incur arising from or in connection with the
Changes and/or breach of the terms of this letter

chestnut
04-10-12, 18:07
Yes i did have that clause too.. and added this too

"Our request for the Changes will be inclusive with the Defects Liability Period, namely the period 12 months from the date we received Notice of Vacant Possession in respective of the unit."

Well done....

I only did the cabinet so I couldnt be bothered. haha

minami-san
04-10-12, 23:05
Dear FEC

Just curious!

JUSTIN3
I started requesting for the change late last year but only finalised everything around May this year. Here's what i requested (mine is a 2+1 unit):

1. Marble tiles with marble skirting for living area (SL gives timber skirting by default but the hubby wanted marble skirting)
2. Omit hood and hob (gave specifications for the ones i bought myself)
3. Cut space for steam oven (again, gave specs)
4. Remove the WC (including sanitary fittings) and replace with same tiles as yard
5. Omit wardrobes for MBR and common room
6. Omit wall between study and MBR (for a bigger MBR ^-^)
7. Seal up entrance to study
8. Move MBR entrance near to the common toilet (again, MBR becomes slightly bigger and a more regular layout after combining study & MBR)
9. Additional powerpoints

Paid $5400 in all :D

minami-san
04-10-12, 23:09
In the additions/modifications letter which you originally signed, did it state when you are obligated to make payment?

For mine i specially asked SL to state at TOP.
You are so smart!! I didn't ask SL to state payment at TOP. In my "Letter of Indemnity", it did not indicate when i must pay leh...but Shirley did tell me that i need to pay when their lawyers bill me.

Justin3
05-10-12, 09:11
I started requesting for the change late last year but only finalised everything around May this year. Here's what i requested (mine is a 2+1 unit):

1. Marble tiles with marble skirting for living area (SL gives timber skirting by default but the hubby wanted marble skirting)
2. Omit hood and hob (gave specifications for the ones i bought myself)
3. Cut space for steam oven (again, gave specs)
4. Remove the WC (including sanitary fittings) and replace with same tiles as yard
5. Omit wardrobes for MBR and common room
6. Omit wall between study and MBR (for a bigger MBR ^-^)
7. Seal up entrance to study
8. Move MBR entrance near to the common toilet (again, MBR becomes slightly bigger and a more regular layout after combining study & MBR)
9. Additional powerpoints

Paid $5400 in all :D

I am not sure when did I asked for changing marble tiles. it may be earlier this year. Agent told me that the marbles were left over from other project so there were only limited marbles and the developper stop taking order for changing to marble tiles.

anyway, marble tiles for living area is good.

good luck of you.

JUSTIN3

chestnut
05-10-12, 09:27
I am not sure when did I asked for changing marble tiles. it may be earlier this year. Agent told me that the marbles were left over from other project so there were only limited marbles and the developper stop taking order for changing to marble tiles.

anyway, marble tiles for living area is good.

good luck of you.

JUSTIN3

You dont go thru agent with Sim Lian project. Request is via Shirley at Sim Lian. If you go thru the previous post, the phone is there. I think they stopped taking variations already.

azeoprop
05-10-12, 17:11
Update 5th Oct 2012. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8457/8056121088_19c144c230_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8056121088/)
PA051071 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8056121088/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

cnud
05-10-12, 17:35
Beautiful!

azeoprop
05-10-12, 18:12
Waterview with whole of bedok reservoir. :D

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8032/8056121582_eac74c69aa_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8056121582/)
Bedok reservoir (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8056121582/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

joycewangwen
05-10-12, 19:34
what a waterview...人间仙境, 新加坡的'赛西湖'.:spliff::spliff:

Waterview with whole of bedok reservoir. :D

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8032/8056121582_eac74c69aa_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8056121582/)
Bedok reservoir (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8056121582/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

kamparboy
06-10-12, 12:00
Hi all,

I have been following the thread for the last 1 month without any success to register. Finally i did. Looking forward to next year TOP... :D

I'm in stack 77.

Kengar
06-10-12, 23:54
Big Welcome to the Family Bro!

I believe you are in BLK 79, your stack number should be one of these 09. 10, 11 or 12?

Hi all,

I have been following the thread for the last 1 month without any success to register. Finally i did. Looking forward to next year TOP... :D

I'm in stack 77.

teck
07-10-12, 10:02
Hi all,

I'm in stack 77.
A very warm welcome to you!

You are in Blk 77? Nice! Stack 12 too? :cheers6:

Kengar
07-10-12, 13:30
Oops Blk 77 I mean . Haha

Big Welcome to the Family Bro!

I believe you are in BLK 79, your stack number should be one of these 09. 10, 11 or 12?

kamparboy
07-10-12, 15:44
Oops Blk 77 I mean . Haha

Blok 10. The unit just in front of the tennis court that was mention is the early days of the thread.

Hopefully no tennis ball flying into my home :D

Eastguy
07-10-12, 19:24
I requested for

1) change to marbe;
2) exclusion of all bedroom wardrobes;
3) widening of fridge space;
4) seal up door to 2nd balcony form MBR;
5) add cabinet behind bathroom mirror with soft closing hinges.

Hi Bro

How much did u pay for item 5? Can i still request for it?

Would want to add cabinets behind the bathroom mirror.

Eastguy
07-10-12, 19:31
Is the floor plan out?

Anyone received the letter for the next payment?

Looking at the progress, think the TOP will be 4th Quarter 13.

NV which was launch few months before WV might TOP March 13. Their progress is fantastic.

desquire
07-10-12, 20:25
Is the floor plan out?

Anyone received the letter for the next payment?

Looking at the progress, think the TOP will be 4th Quarter 13.

NV which was launch few months before WV might TOP March 13. Their progress is fantastic.
I was thinking of the same way too. The progress us really good and it looks really so very nice. Was driving past NV yesterday. The place made Livia looked dull.

NV is so pretty!! It's not called new vogue for nothing!! Hehe. :D

desquire
07-10-12, 20:30
After all the wild guesses and progress, I'll stick to my guns and pick Q1 2014 as the most reasonable and practical time for the place to TOP in proper. Hehe. :D :D :D

Kengar
07-10-12, 21:39
Hi Bro .. it cost $690 for both MBR and Common Bathrooms.

Should be okay to request, better quickly give Shirley a call (6303 6163).

Hi Bro

How much did u pay for item 5? Can i still request for it?

Would want to add cabinets behind the bathroom mirror.

Kengar
07-10-12, 21:48
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-i1jFv8uICOc/UHGHl_reFRI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/eDPfB15Ee7Q/s490/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack.xls%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%25201072012%252094422%2520PM.jpg

payel
07-10-12, 22:02
Anyone having the floor plan or bedrooms measurement of 926SF unit...just curious what will be the measurement of master bedroom....from outside it looks really small.... :scared-5:

jjtio
08-10-12, 09:02
Hi all,

I'm in stack 77.

tell me about it. it took eons before i could login... :doh:

welcome to the thread too! :)

kamparboy
08-10-12, 14:49
tell me about it. it took eons before i could login... :doh:

welcome to the thread too! :)

Thanks. hopefully we can get more ppl to join the forum. Anybody setting up a group in FB to try to connect every future neighbour? My fren over at "The Canopy" have a FB group. Imagine if we can get the other ~600 neighbour to join..potential benefit:

1) Economy of scale group purchase..imagine 1 TV/1 Washing machine/1refrigerator every unit. Average purchase ~$5k, 600unit = $3M. Hmm much discount do we think we can get ah? :2cents: :scared-1:

2) Renovation....thinking of how to justify this.....