PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kengar
18-07-11, 13:59
Streetsine also we wont know the block and unit number on sale unless we pay :money-faced1: :money-faced1: :money-faced1: :money-faced1: :money-faced1: :money-faced1: :money-faced1: :money-faced1: right??? heheheheh:D

Yup I think so too.. everything is $$$$.. they must have paid $$$ to the developers/agents to get information too.

joycewangwen
18-07-11, 18:30
Yup I think so too.. everything is $$$$.. they must have paid $$$ to the developers/agents to get information too.

Maybe HDB can learn from URA, only pay $$$ to view the transaction...:spliff:

Kengar
20-07-11, 09:46
Saw yesterday that Sim Lian put up 2 new big blue boards outside the main entrance advertising the showflat opening hours and the starting price.

Also noticed in last Sat newspaper advert, the background blue is now darker, and the name "Waterview" became clearer in contrast.

Must be desperate moves to entice more buyers, and perhaps advertise to the future visitors to Arc@Tampines. In my opinion, SL should have spent some $ and run a TV Commerical during the early launch months. Its video in the showflat was pretty impressive, too bad never went public.

Hope the "undercover" SL employee in the forum is reading this.. :D

desquire
20-07-11, 10:19
Saw yesterday that Sim Lian put up 2 new big blue boards outside the main entrance advertising the showflat opening hours and the starting price.

Also noticed in last Sat newspaper advert, the background blue is now darker, and the name "Waterview" became clearer in contrast.

Must be desperate moves to entice more buyers, and perhaps advertise to the future visitors to Arc@Tampines. In my opinion, SL should have spent some $ and run a TV Commerical during the early launch months. Its video in the showflat was pretty impressive, too bad never went public.

Hope the "undercover" SL employee in the forum is reading this.. :D

Even on a Sunday, the workers are manning the machines non-stop to probably get the place to complete asap (especially the foundation work). Oh, did they really have an advert the last weekend?

Arc will start sales very soon probably end of the month (Hungry Ghost-Might not be a good timing) Could they probably postpone it to a later date? Heard its confirmed to be around 700++psf. Sounds very delicious ain't it?

Unlike FEO, SL spent not much of an effort in advertising. As such, save $$$ and 'free advertisement' based on the number of units it can sell during launch (best units go first in contrast to FEO). Now they are probably desperate as so many more developments coming up and they still have 150 over units which means around 200 over milllion in cash waiting to flow in!!!

Wahhhhh... Can I have a little piece of the pie. Hehehe..:eek: :eek: :p :p :D :D

East Lover
21-07-11, 13:58
某人為了過把官癮,把新裝修的房子全部掛牌命名:
客廳為廣電廳;
過道為交通廳;
書房為文化廳;
電腦室為信息產業廳;
廁所為衛生廳;
廚房為食品藥品監管局;
閣樓花園為林業廳;
儲藏室為為商務廳;
臥室為人口與計劃生育委員會;
老人間為社保局;
小孩間為教育局;
保姆間為勞動局;
客房為外事局;
樓前樓后庭院為農墾局;
最後大門口掛一牌子:自治區人民政府,
門口狗窩掛牌:武警總;
院子里的雞窩掛牌叫天上人間。

Kengar
21-07-11, 15:49
某人為了過把官癮,把新裝修的房子全部掛牌命名:
客廳為廣電廳;
過道為交通廳;
書房為文化廳;
電腦室為信息產業廳;
廁所為衛生廳;
廚房為食品藥品監管局;
閣樓花園為林業廳;
儲藏室為為商務廳;
臥室為人口與計劃生育委員會;
老人間為社保局;
小孩間為教育局;
保姆間為勞動局;
客房為外事局;
樓前樓后庭院為農墾局;
門口狗窩掛牌:武警總;
院子里的雞窩掛牌叫天上人間。

Very chiem Sis,, got translation? Most of us in SG not familar with traditional chinese.. haha :D

desquire
21-07-11, 15:52
I can't understand a character of it also. Hehe. Was it a good or bad news?:scared-3:

East Lover
21-07-11, 15:59
Very chiem Sis,, got translation? Most of us in SG not familar with traditional chinese.. haha :D
haha agreed, a big chiem, only for ppl who has chinese background can appreciate the jokes hidden, especially why 院子里的雞窩掛牌叫天上人間 :D :D :D because"天上人間" was the hotest nighclub in Beijing hehehe....

Bro joycewangwen, can help to translate???

Btw, just to share the reno idea - you can name your place by big name :p For example, you can name your study room as MOE, your guest room as MFA, and your master bedroom as minestry of state (or the correct minestry which in charge of birth rate) ;)

East Lover
21-07-11, 16:00
I can't understand a character of it also. Hehe. Was it a good or bad news?:scared-3:
maybe can google language tool to try auto-translate :D :D :D

iwantgizmos
21-07-11, 16:26
haha agreed, a big chiem, only for ppl who has chinese background can appreciate the jokes hidden, especially why 院子里的雞窩掛牌叫天上人間 :D :D :D because"天上人間" was the hotest nighclub in Beijing hehehe....

Btw, just to share the reno idea - you can name your place by big name :p For example, you can name your study room as MOE, your guest room as MFA, and your master bedroom as minestry of state (or the correct minestry which in charge of birth rate) ;)
Bomb shelter can be named MinDef. Lol.

East Lover
21-07-11, 16:34
Bomb shelter can be named MinDef. Lol.
clever! you catch the joke!

McKinnon
21-07-11, 16:57
means rename your place to sound more high class.

so u can call your waterview unit 'mansion of the 8s', and your toilet 'the fountain of youth' :D

desquire
21-07-11, 17:39
means rename your place to sound more high class.

so u can call your waterview unit 'mansion of the 8s', and your toilet 'the fountain of youth' :D
Thanks bro. Wah very good. I can drink from my toilet bowl and become young again!! Thn can work and buy more property. Hahaha!!

joycewangwen
21-07-11, 17:57
Thanks bro. Wah very good. I can drink from my toilet bowl and become young again!! Thn can work and buy more property. Hahaha!!

toilet -- golden club of the natural call (golden is the color:spliff:)

某人為了過把官癮,把新裝修的房子全部掛牌命名:
consider your small house as a country like SPG

客廳為廣電廳; Sitting room -- Mass Media Ministry or MDA in SPG
過道為交通廳; corridor -- Transportation Minsitry
書房為文化廳; study room -- Education Min.
電腦室為信息產業廳; computer room -- Information Industry Min.
廁所為衛生廳; toilet :
廚房為食品藥品監管局; kitchen -- Food and Drug Admin. (FDA)
閣樓花園為林業廳; garret garden -- ?
儲藏室為為商務廳; store room -- Business Affairs Min.?
臥室為人口與計劃生育委員會; master bedroom -- Committee. of Family Plan
老人間為社保局;
小孩間為教育局;
保姆間為勞動局;
客房為外事局; guest room -- Foreign Affairs Min.
樓前樓后庭院為農墾局;
門口狗窩掛牌:武警總; Dog Den -- Police Office
院子里的雞窩掛牌叫天上人間。

joycewangwen
21-07-11, 18:12

天上人間 is the best known 'high-class' night club in Beijing. It's said to serve all the 'high class' ppl like billionairs and top officials...who knows:). I have never been there.

So, name your little 'chick farm'(if you have:spliff:) to 天上人間

Proposal of rename to the future WV facolities:

barbicue place -- ?
gym -- Tampines Man&Woman Shape Perfection Club
swimming pool -- Tampines Blue Sea Water Sports Center
kids pool - Tampines Children's Water Heaven
function room -- ?

East Lover
22-07-11, 09:45

某人為了過把官癮,把新裝修的房子全部掛牌命名:

廁所為衛生廳; toilet :
老人間為社保局;
小孩間為教育局;
保姆間為勞動局;
樓前樓后庭院為農墾局;
院子里的雞窩掛牌叫天上人間。
wow you are good! 双语人才啊!

East Lover
22-07-11, 09:48
天上人間 is the best known 'high-class' night club in Beijing. It's said to serve all the 'high class' ppl like billionairs and top officials...who knows:). I have never been there.

So, name your little 'chick farm'(if you have:spliff:) to 天上人間

Proposal of rename to the future WV facolities:

barbicue place -- ?
gym -- Tampines Man&Woman Shape Perfection Club
swimming pool -- Tampines Blue Sea Water Sports Center
kids pool - Tampines Children's Water Heaven
function room -- ?

how about name our WV function room as FEC?

We are at East but not that Far, so we can call us as "Fair East Club" - FEC, Not FEO :p because we are much better....

desquire
22-07-11, 09:57

某人為了過把官癮,把新裝修的房子全部掛牌命名:

廁所為衛生廳; toilet :
老人間為社保局;
小孩間為教育局;
保姆間為勞動局;
樓前樓后庭院為農墾局;
院子里的雞窩掛牌叫天上人間。

Impressive!!! You sang to the tune so well!!! You're the heroine!!!:eek: :D

desquire
22-07-11, 23:24
Wonder if SL win spent some $$$ on advertisement for the weekend. Saw Skyline Residences in today's Straits Times. It sure is a killer!! A walking beauty!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

kuikkuik
23-07-11, 13:37
Anyone know the remaining units for sales that are 7 and above

craze
25-07-11, 09:01
how many bedrooms are you looking at?

East Lover
25-07-11, 18:38
you better go to showflat to check.

During weekend I saw some agents even bring their clients to showflat. Those good facing units are definetely sold out.

I did notice several times that some potential buyers really went out to access the road noise before they sign the dotted line, so those quary facing high floor units may not be available also.

However, the new WV noticeboard indicates that they still have 2/3 bedders available and price is from less than 750K!!! seems cheaper than HDB DBSS :D

desquire
25-07-11, 19:35

During weekend I saw some agents even bring their clients to showflat. Those good facing units are definetely sold out.

I did notice several times that some potential buyers really went out to access the road noise before they sign the dotted line, so those quary facing high floor units may not be available also.

However, the new WV noticeboard indicates that they still have 2/3 bedders available and price is from less than 750K!!! seems cheaper than HDB DBSS :D
Hehe. True but your nickname here already carry 20% discount if you choose to buy SL's development. :D

craze
25-07-11, 20:48
There are some units on high floor facing quarry still available or u get choose stack 30 facing the pool.

Kengar
25-07-11, 21:29

Is Sis Eastlover putting the showflat under weekend survelliance? :D

Kengar
25-07-11, 21:31
There are some units on high floor facing quarry still available or u get choose stack 30 facing the pool.

Hi Craze, are you also our future neighbour to be? :)

Dreamerz
25-07-11, 22:05

What?? My unit is already 743k..... 2 bedder so crap already?

kingkong1984
25-07-11, 22:14
Cannot move loh.....

Anyway, it sucks to me.

desquire
26-07-11, 08:43
Latest - Currently left with the last 6 units of the ground floor 2 bedrooms at an average of $731psf!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think clearing stocks before it's too late!!! Go go go!!!:D :D

craze
26-07-11, 08:46
Hi Craze, are you also our future neighbour to be? :)

Hi Kengar, I'm not your future neighbour but know it pretty well.:)

East Lover
26-07-11, 10:34
haha, too bad, not qualify to buy DBSS/EC or whatever gov subsidised housing...

East Lover
26-07-11, 10:37
Is Sis Eastlover putting the showflat under weekend survelliance? :D
we go reservior around 5-6 during weekend, so i saw several times of agent-bring-client to showflat cases.

wanna to go to showflat again, but no more execuse lah...

bro Kengar, want to arrange another Marble viewing? so we can go back showflat again ;) ;) ;)

East Lover
26-07-11, 10:59
really? SL should promote those units! what's the price range of thse high floor quarrry facing units? 2/3/4 bedders???

desquire
26-07-11, 11:00
we go reservior around 5-6 during weekend, so i saw several times of agent-bring-client to showflat cases.

wanna to go to showflat again, but no more execuse lah...

bro Kengar, want to arrange another Marble viewing? so we can go back showflat again ;) ;) ;)

Haha. I also want to go. Let's hv a kpo meet up at the showflat before the demolish it. When when? hehe.:D

Btw I came across this today. The same one they have in the showflat. haha. Tempt you guys further before completion.:D :D

www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview (http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview)

East Lover
26-07-11, 11:24
Haha. I also want to go. Let's hv a kpo meet up at the showflat before the demolish it. When when? hehe.:D

Btw I came across this today. The same one they have in the showflat. haha. Tempt you guys further before completion.:D :D

www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview (http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview)
good website. but i can't see the ceiling height in their spec :P

Kengar
26-07-11, 11:42

Excellent site! There is a video in it which they should use if they had intended to do TV advertisement.

Looks like someone used a handheld videocam to record it off the LCD TV in the showflat.

I will likely take the marble upgrade pending the costs info (STILL OUTSTANDING DESPITE MY EMAIL CHASERS).

I probably won't be visiting the showflat in near future cos weekend quite busy. I intend to keep the last visit with my parents/parents-in-laws/siblings before they tear it down.

Bro Desquire... looks like you have insider info about the remaining units left on sale, can you also help us check when are they really intending to remove the showflat?

If I am SL, i will keep it open at least during the period when Arc showflat is open to attract any spillover viewers.

desquire
26-07-11, 12:10
good website. but i can't see the ceiling height in their spec :P

Their typical style isn't it?? The keep us in the darkroom thing. I just hope I don't get a heart attack. The view from my unit looks lovely for 'now'. I really have no idea upon completion what it's gonna be like. :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

That's probably why people like bro Mc Kinnon prefer to see it in flesh and skin before making a purchase even if it means a little higher in pricing. back then, even my parents get to see the actual unit of HDB they buy. Now all using plans, plans and more plans.Guess we just have to move on with life and the way things are. :scared-3:

desquire
26-07-11, 12:16
Excellent site! There is a video in it which they should use if they had intended to do TV advertisement.

Looks like someone used a handheld videocam to record it off the LCD TV in the showflat.

I will likely take the marble upgrade pending the costs info (STILL OUTSTANDING DESPITE MY EMAIL CHASERS).

I probably won't be visiting the showflat in near future cos weekend quite busy. I intend to keep the last visit with my parents/parents-in-laws/siblings before they tear it down.

Bro Desquire... looks like you have insider info about the remaining units left on sale, can you also help us check when are they really intending to remove the showflat?

If I am SL, i will keep it open at least during the period when Arc showflat is open to attract any spillover viewers.

Hehe. I'm no marketing Director, its Sis Eastlover, pssst. Yup, they will not tear it down so soon, not for now when the Arc is about to be launched. Like I meantioned earlier, people in the nighbourhood are already getting mails and pamphlets on the soon to be launched 'Arc@Tampines'.

They will prolly tear it down only after the EC dusts have settled in Tampines, maybe after they launch their own EC @ Central?

For the moment, heard they having problems clearing their Centrale 8 due to it's infamous rocket high prices. Sales must have been quite decent but not to their expectations, so they'll probably keep WV Showflat a little longer. :p

East Lover
26-07-11, 12:17
Their typical style isn't it?? The keep us in the darkroom thing. I just hope I don't get a heart attack. The view from my unit looks lovely for 'now'. I really have no idea upon completion what it's gonna be like. :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

That's probably why people like bro Mc Kinnon prefer to see it in flesh and skin before making a purchase even if it means a little higher in pricing. back then, even my parents get to see the actual unit of HDB they buy. Now all using plans, plans and more plans.Guess we just have to move on with life and the way things are. :scared-3:
haha what to do?

any way this is my first time buy directly from developer/hdb. 'good' experience :cool:

desquire
26-07-11, 12:24
haha what to do?

any way this is my first time buy directly from developer/hdb. 'good' experience :cool:

Same!!!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

It's my virgin direct purchase too. All I know and have heard from many is that SL is not bad!!! Dunno how true:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's why the pictures seem so delicious. Again and again I take a look at them from the showflat and pictures and now the video and it's like so nice and beautiful. :D :D :D

I hope and pray that it'll be alright for now. What to do sis, let's just cross our fingers. The direct reservoir view is even more delicious but can be quite hot in the afternoons. At night, the view and cool open air will blow every soul out of their bodies... Win some, lose some, like always.:p

Kengar
26-07-11, 13:12
haha what to do?

Hee hee do i sense some "sarcasm" tone here? :D

SL although is private developer but seems to produce "premium HDB" projects.

joycewangwen
26-07-11, 13:40
Hehe. I'm no marketing Director, its Sis Eastlover, pssst. Yup, they will not tear it down so soon, not for now when the Arc is about to be launched. Like I meantioned earlier, people in the nighbourhood are already getting mails and pamphlets on the soon to be launched 'Arc@Tampines'.

They will prolly tear it down only after the EC dusts have settled in Tampines, maybe after they launch their own EC @ Central?

For the moment, heard they having problems clearing their Centrale 8 due to it's infamous rocket high prices. Sales must have been quite decent but not to their expectations, so they'll probably keep WV Showflat a little longer. :p

where is the showroom sitting at? blk77 or 79?
piling work not started yet = huge delay of TOP for this blk?:tongue3:

East Lover
26-07-11, 14:15
where is the showroom sitting at? blk77 or 79?
piling work not started yet = huge delay of TOP for this blk?:tongue3:
I think the showflat is allocated at the BBQ place, where the side door it. So no requirement for foundation yet.

Piling works at Blk 77 & 79 already progressed speedly. you can check the photos i posted previously to see the progress.

desquire
26-07-11, 16:16
I think the showflat is allocated at the BBQ place, where the side door it. So no requirement for foundation yet.

Piling works at Blk 77 & 79 already progressed speedly. you can check the photos i posted previously to see the progress.
This is made possible due to the huge land area WV has. That's the reason why the showflat is to stay for a long tine since it doesn't come in the way of the construction. Not forgetting the ample carpark slots. :D

desquire
26-07-11, 16:21
Hee hee do i sense some "sarcasm" tone here? :D

SL although is private developer but seems to produce "premium HDB" projects.
Centrale 8 and WV also same same. I see no difference between the two hence it's high price plus convenience. So, pool or MRT? Kekeke. :eek:

aimtowin
26-07-11, 16:47
Close to mine. I'm at 42 but the difference is like 250k!!! Plus stack 29 also hv pool view and maybe reservoir view too?!?!

8th floor somemore. I'm shivering. :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

I need a doctor. Fever coming, temperature rising. :scared-3:

Stack 29 #08 is my unit brother.

aimtowin
26-07-11, 16:49
Hi,

Anyone out there has Shirley's email address?

I remember seeing a post for a list of changes and things that SL is going to include, this thread is getting super long, and trying to locate that post is difficult, If someone can paste that latest posts if you know which thread is at will helps.

Thanks, bro

East Lover
26-07-11, 16:58
Stack 29 #08 is my unit brother.
WATERVIEW* TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 731,000 1,130 Strata 647 Dec-10

How come you can get such good price??? 731K only? $647/psf at 8th floor? Can share with us?

aimtowin
26-07-11, 17:01
WATERVIEW* TAMPINES AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 731,000 1,130 Strata 647 Dec-10

How come you can get such good price??? 731K only? $647/psf at 8th floor? Can share with us?

Its a posting error bro.

iwantgizmos
26-07-11, 17:03
Hi,
I remember seeing a post for a list of changes and things that SL is going to include, this thread is getting super long, and trying to locate that post is difficult, If someone can paste that latest posts if you know which thread is at will helps.
Thanks, bro

Hi bro, Is this the thread you're looking for ?

I managed to speak to the Sim Lian person-in-charge of Waterview.
[Shirley Koh [email protected] Tel: 63036163]

She says we can inform them early regarding the modification works (no time line as to how early, but she says there is a cut-off, suggest to contact her again closer to completion).

They will try their best to accomodate our requests. (e.g. I planning to do my own marble flooring, she ask me to check with the reno contractor how thick will the marble be so that they can plan the flooring height for bedroom and kitchen accordingly.)

According to them the detailed floor plan not ready yet. We can try requesting again say next year.

The piling work should start around after Chinese New Year.

Cheers!

aimtowin
26-07-11, 17:06
Hi bro, Is this the thread you're looking for ?

Yes, thanks bro. Appreciated.

East Lover
26-07-11, 17:10
Its a posting error bro.
wow, can this kind of error happen hah?! bro desquire lost so many sleepless nights to think of this figure....
so what's your psf in fact? ;)

East Lover
26-07-11, 17:16
Hi,

Thanks, bro

This one right? You can contact bro Kengar, he is our WV MP :D

Hi Everyone, I will be contacting Shirley from Sim Lian to arrange the viewing of the marble sample at Waterview showroom. Proposal is for this Sat afternoon. If you guys are interested to view it too let me know so that I can ask Shirley to make arrangements.

I am also collating a list of outstanding questions and “New Questions” below. Let me know if you have anything else to add.

1) Cost of upgrading to marble flooring

2) Changing of wardrobe to sliding door. Can we get a picture of how it will look like?

3) Changing of all hinges to anti-slam type (for kitchen, toilet cabinets)

4) New Question: If the door between the 2nd Balcony and Master Bedroom is sealed up as a wall, is the wall strong enough to hold wall mount fixtures, such as cabinets, mirror etc

5) New Question:What other customizations are available for buyers? (e.g. adding cabinet behind toilet mirror, changing kitchen and toilet sink top, changing location of electrical points?, changing model of kitchen stove, changing model of utensil drying rack, changing dimension of kitchen cabinets)

For Item#3 on hinges, can it be changed FOC as a gesture of goodwill from Sim Lian, since it is already the standard safety feature for public housing, EC and DBSS?

desquire
26-07-11, 17:36
wow, can this kind of error happen hah?! bro desquire lost so many sleepless nights to think of this figure....
so what's your psf in fact? ;)
Sleepless nights+nightmares+stress+depression+spooked+cold sweat. Haha!!!:scared-3:

hycondo
26-07-11, 20:36
Sleepless nights+nightmares+stress+depression+spooked+cold sweat. Haha!!!:scared-3:
Shirley from Sim Lian is currently very busy attending to another community.
Clover By The Park in Bishan has just TOPed. Every owners is very eager to know when would they be notify of their unit turn to go through the process in collecting their keys.....

Kengar
26-07-11, 21:22
Hi Guys

Shirley called me and provided the following updates. You may wish to reconfirm the information with SL before committing to any definitive plans in your renovations.. Cheers! :D

1) Cost of upgrading to marble flooring. [Reply: To revert. No other marble option other than the one on display at WV showflat.]

2) Changing wardrobe to sliding door. Can we get a picture of how it will look like? [Reply: Yet to award contract for wardrobe hence no picture at this time]

3) Changing all hinges to anti-slam type (for kitchen, toilet cabinets) [Reply: Anti-slam will be installed FOC for Kitchen and Bedroom Wardrobe, but not for toilet cabinets]

4) If the door between the 2nd Balcony and Master Bedroom is sealed up as a wall, is the wall strong enough to hold wall mount fixtures, such as cabinets, mirror etc? [Reply: Yes strong enough for fixtures]

5) What other customizations are available for buyers? Are the following options available?

Adding cabinet behind toilet mirror? [Reply: Can be done at request, but will be separately charged]
Changing kitchen and toilet sink top? [Reply: No option to change but owner may request not to install]
Changing location of electrical points? [Reply: Yes, electrical points can be changed at request. Shirley will request her team to provide the approximate electrical layout for 3 and 4 bedders]
Changing model of kitchen stove? [Reply: No option to change but owner may request not to install]
Changing model of utensil drying rack? [Reply: No option to change but owner may request not to install]
Changing dimension of kitchen cabinets? [Reply: Yes dimension can be changed to accomodate individual request for installation of oven/fridge]
Changing the balcony sliding door to a foldable one? [Reply: No change is allowed]

Is this the one?

By the way please let me know if you would like to have electrical layout for the 3-bedder that Shirley sketched for me.

I have also asked her if we can added grilles to the bedroom windows. Pending reply too.

East Lover
27-07-11, 09:22
Is this the one?

By the way please let me know if you would like to have electrical layout for the 3-bedder that Shirley sketched for me.

I have also asked her if we can added grilles to the bedroom windows. Pending reply too.
talking about the kitchen cabinet, do you want to reduce the size to cater for normal size fridge? otherwise we have to buy either small one, or high-end type fridge - mitchishibi 5 doors, above $4K.

which one more worthy? storage space or cheap fridge?

desquire
27-07-11, 09:35
talking about the kitchen cabinet, do you want to reduce the size to cater for normal size fridge? otherwise we have to buy either small one, or high-end type fridge - mitchishibi 5 doors, above $4K.

Yeah, we did the same homwork too. Either the same Fisher Paykel that we have now or MItsubishi Folio. Others can pass. I would love to have a 2-door Bosch but cannot fit. Grrrrr!!!:simmering:

East Lover
27-07-11, 09:42
Yeah, we did the same homwork too. Either the same Fisher Paykel that we have now or MItsubishi Folio. Others can pass. I would love to have a 2-door Bosch but cannot fit. Grrrrr!!!:simmering:
Maybe we can negotiate for group discount??? From audio house or court? Or even directly through the distributor??? Anyone got logbang?

desquire
27-07-11, 09:57
Maybe we can negotiate for group discount??? From audio house or court? Or even directly through the distributor??? Anyone got logbang?

Yeah true sis, if we get good kakis in here and not so choosy and difficult, we can actually use this platform to get stuffs and coordinate things when the place is ready.

At least we can get some discount (I think should be no problem) from it. This includes the use of renovation contractor etc. As for fridge, it's pointing to the Folio for now. It looks great and heard its good and reliable with many compartments. By 2014, which I think the place will be ready, maybe new models of the Folio will be out in the market. Hehe. :D

East Lover
27-07-11, 10:06
Yeah true sis, if we get good kakis in here and not so choosy and difficult, we can actually use this platform to get stuffs and coordinate things when the place is ready.

At least we can get some discount (I think should be no problem) from it. This includes the use of renovation contractor etc. As for fridge, it's pointing to the Folio for now. It looks great and heard its good and reliable with many compartments. By 2014, which I think the place will be ready, maybe new models of the Folio will be out in the market. Hehe. :D
Let's target X'mas 2013 :)

East Lover
27-07-11, 10:09
Waterview topic is really hot! We are going to 200 pages soon!

aimtowin
27-07-11, 10:30

I was wondering if there is a way to extend the kitchen storage or space...it is very small.

desquire
27-07-11, 10:40
Waterview topic is really hot! We are going to 200 pages soon!

Would love to think of it as 2013 December but I must be more practical. Looking at things and having 696-units. Might not be possible. The Clover poeple are hopping over now to speed up the process!!! hehehe.:D

East Lover
27-07-11, 11:01
I was wondering if there is a way to extend the kitchen storage or space...it is very small.
maybe the corner between kitchen and maid room? can do cabinet for additional storage? and the small space near rubbish dump, something similar to Waterfront Isle showflat.
don't forget we have to give up a big space for buid-in oven and microwave....

will it be cheaper if we ask SL to do? or look for some furniture factory to do for us with good group discount?

aimtowin
27-07-11, 11:16
maybe the corner between kitchen and maid room? can do cabinet for additional storage? and the small space near rubbish dump, something similar to Waterfront Isle showflat.
don't forget we have to give up a big space for buid-in oven and microwave....

will it be cheaper if we ask SL to do? or look for some furniture factory to do for us with good group discount?

IS the showroom still available or it has been teared down?

desquire
27-07-11, 11:26
IS the showroom still available or it has been teared down?

It's still around. Will remian for some time i guess as the same plot is not being planned for any blocks. Just the BBQ pit area. :D

East Lover
27-07-11, 11:45
It's still around. Will remian for some time i guess as the same plot is not being planned for any blocks. Just the BBQ pit area. :D
Do u still have the photo of small storage in water front isle showflat? Can't find now

desquire
27-07-11, 12:46
Do u still have the photo of small storage in water front isle showflat? Can't find now

Are you referring to this one sis?? Compliments of bro Azeoprop!!:D

Kengar
27-07-11, 14:07

Yeah I like this idea of a slim wall cabinet to cover the chute and provide some extra little shelves to keep stuffs.

desquire
27-07-11, 14:25
I think the space might be a little tight for the case of WV as the bomb shelter will be there. Not forgetting the opening of the rock solid metal door. ;)

aimtowin
27-07-11, 14:27

Nice idea!

East Lover
27-07-11, 15:26
yes, thanks a lot!

East Lover
27-07-11, 15:30
I think the space might be a little tight for the case of WV as the bomb shelter will be there. Not forgetting the opening of the rock solid metal door. ;)
i think still possible to create some storage space within the tiny space. And we can negotiate for bulk discount if we enage some small factory to do. wow,2 more years for us to do a good homework!

East Lover
27-07-11, 15:33
By the way, this is my 1000th post in Condo Singapore forum!:p

Happy Waterview club! Happy East boys and girls!! Happy FEC!!!:cheers6:

aimtowin
27-07-11, 16:35

Do we know the timing of the showroom will it be opened in weekdays evening, forgot how it looks like since i got it in Dec.

Kengar
27-07-11, 16:40
Do we know the timing of the showroom will it be opened in weekdays evening, forgot how it looks like since i got it in Dec.

According to the signboards outside it is open daily till 6pm.

A bit difficult to go if you plan to go after work.

aimtowin
27-07-11, 16:44
According to the signboards outside it is open daily till 6pm.

A bit difficult to go if you plan to go after work.

ya, guess so. perhaps during weekend then.

Kengar
27-07-11, 16:57
i think still possible to create some storage space within the tiny space. And we can negotiate for bulk discount if we enage some small factory to do. wow,2 more years for us to do a good homework!

The small space should be enough to keep flat bottles, miscellaneous stuffs and hide the chute from view.

desquire
27-07-11, 17:23
By the way, this is my 1000th post in Condo Singapore forum!:p

Happy Waterview club! Happy East boys and girls!! Happy FEC!!!:cheers6:
Wah!!! Many many more good years to come sis. Btw the blur boy is back. What us FEC? FEO I know lah. Haha. :D

desquire
27-07-11, 17:26
Yeah. Should be mid-2014. That's my take. Haha. If earlier goodlah. People at Clover must be getting all excited. Share your homework with us, we can complete them together with less stress and much much more discounts. :p

East Lover
27-07-11, 17:45
Wah!!! Many many more good years to come sis. Btw the blur boy is back. What us FEC? FEO I know lah. Haha. :D
FEC = Fair East Club, since we all love east, and declear oursleves as east lover, east boy, east man, east squire, east kengar, hahaha.

desquire
27-07-11, 18:04
FEC = Fair East Club, since we all love east, and declear oursleves as east lover, east boy, east man, east squire, east kengar, hahaha.
Friendly East Club - de-east-squire:p

craze
27-07-11, 18:55

It close at 7pm everyday

Kengar
28-07-11, 17:21
Dear All

I received a reply from Shirley today, the cost of marble upgrade for my 3-bedder unit size is $8K.. (excludes bedrooms).

According to her need to confirm by next week. :scared-5:

I will be asking for some renovation quotes for marble upgrade this weekend. It is probably difficult to do apple to apple comparsion but no harm trying to see how it goes.

She will get back to me how much it cost to add cabinet behind bathroom mirrors.. interestingly she asked if i am asking for a Group or Individual quote.

So it means cheaper if it is a Group quote? I will call her and ask about the same for Marble.

jbtay
28-07-11, 22:32
Dear All
Just went thru 184 pages of this blog in one seating. Most interesting as I have vested interest. Just executed S&P a week ago. am at Stack 46 -04.
The agent convinced us we be able to see part of the reservoir thru the bbq pits as its 2.5 floors higher besides having pool views. He also assured us that the blks along Ave 10 should shield us from evening sun. Hope this is true.
Our other concern was too near bbq pit 7 and the bin centre 21, but bbq smell is not as bad as bin centre, but with daily collection, guess should be ok.

Wife wanted to be nearer gate as I don't drive. Presently staying at the Aquarius for the last 11 yrs and decided only to move to new place just 3 weeks ago as the lease here is already 15 yrs (lease for Aquarius from 1996).

This would be my 5th move and hopefully really my retirement home. Am already semi-retired. I don't jog but do nordic walking with a pair of ski-like poles around Aquarius which has a fairly large landscape area similar to WV.
Understand its the same architect Design Link.
Many thanks for the very useful info and lovely pictures.
Kitchen is really small unlike Aquarius (1324 sq ft) which has an extra side countertop, but we love the 'large backyard". Not sure if we can build windows round it.
Cheers to all

iwantgizmos
28-07-11, 22:48
Dear All
Just went thru 184 pages of this blog in one seating. Most interesting as I have vested interest. Just executed S&P a week ago. am at Stack 46 -04.
The agent convinced us we be able to see part of the reservoir thru the bbq pits as its 2.5 floors higher besides having pool views. He also assured us that the blks along Ave 10 should shield us from evening sun. Hope this is true.
Our other concern was too near bbq pit 7 and the bin centre 21, but bbq smell is not as bad as bin centre, but with daily collection, guess should be ok.

Wife wanted to be nearer gate as I don't drive. Presently staying at the Aquarius for the last 11 yrs and decided only to move to new place just 3 weeks ago as the lease here is already 15 yrs (lease for Aquarius from 1996).

This would be my 5th move and hopefully really my retirement home. Am already semi-retired. I don't jog but do nordic walking with a pair of ski-like poles around Aquarius which has a fairly large landscape area similar to WV.
Kitchen is really small unlike Aquarius (1324 sq ft) which has an extra side countertop, but we love the 'large backyard". Not sure if we can build windows round it.
Cheers to all
Welcome to the club matey...

desquire
28-07-11, 23:35
Dear All

I received a reply from Shirley today, the cost of marble upgrade for my 3-bedder unit size is $8K.. (excludes bedrooms).

I will be asking for some renovation quotes for marble upgrade this weekend. It is probably difficult to do apple to apple comparsion but no harm trying to see how it goes.

She will get back to me how much it cost to add cabinet behind bathroom mirrors.. interestingly she asked if i am asking for a Group or Individual quote.

So it means cheaper if it is a Group quote? I will call her and ask about the same for Marble.

Thanks there bro for always sharing information with the rest of us!! As for me I love homogeneous flooring although I'm no homo!!! kekekekek. Maintenance FREE!!!

These days, I think people usually go for group buy for better pricing, which led to her asking you the magical question. Hehe. :D

desquire
28-07-11, 23:37
Dear All

Cheers to all

Hi there mate, I am sure you will have a confortable stay here. NIce having another neighbour. Hope on and make yourself at home. We have nice, helpful, generous, kind and beautiful people in here!!:D :p :p :D

Kengar
28-07-11, 23:48
Dear All

Cheers to all

Hi JBTay, welcome to the family too!

Denlim
29-07-11, 09:45
Dear All

Cheers to all

Welconme aboard and interesting hobby you have.....

East Lover
29-07-11, 12:09
Dear All

Thanks for the update. Need to check with Shirley now...

Wow $8K is not cheap! does it include changing the slidiing door of your wardrobs? and build-in oven???

East Lover
29-07-11, 12:11
Dear All

Cheers to all
Welcome to our FEC - Friendly East Club!

Kengar
29-07-11, 12:33
Thanks for the update. Need to check with Shirley now...

Wow $8K is not cheap! does it include changing the slidiing door of your wardrobs? and build-in oven???

Haha nope only marble. I did a rough estimate, assuming each marble tile is $15 psf, the cost of marble for my 300sqf (living hall, dining) is about $4500. So cost of workmanship is around $3500?

desquire
29-07-11, 21:38
Haha nope only marble. I did a rough estimate, assuming each marble tile is $15 psf, the cost of marble for my 300sqf (living hall, dining) is about $4500. So cost of workmanship is around $3500?
That's almost 50-50. Is this the norm for marble bro? :eek:

Kengar
29-07-11, 22:00
That's almost 50-50. Is this the norm for marble bro? :eek:

I think "chop carrot head" here. I checked renotalk, estimate it should be around $5k to $6k.

jbtay
30-07-11, 09:45
Hi Denlim and all Eastlovers

Thank you for the welcome.
Yes, nordic walking hasn't catch up here. Someone tried to promote it several years back but wasn't quite successful.
I have some back issues, most likely injured during NS days in the 70s.
Chiro couldn't help. Took up nordic walking as it improves posture and is 40% more efficient then brisk walking. If one has leg issues, it takes off some load off the legs whilst exercising the upper body. Also just simply sit on exercise ball some days. Yes, simply sitting will strengthen certain abdominal muscles improving posture. Also doing some elementary Jin Shin Jyutsu, a japanese form of Qigong.
The nordic poles not easily available locally. Happen to be in Taipei and pick up mine from Tin Shan iou at half the price of whats available locally.
Once again, many thanks for the welcome and looking forward to Xmas 2013

Kengar
30-07-11, 15:18
Verbally spoke to my previous ID, he estimated the cost is also $8K! ("8" again Bro Desquire :D )

The costs include tile, labour, drylay, skirting, buffing and excludes hacking since it is not needed.

desquire
31-07-11, 00:18
Verbally spoke to my previous ID, he estimated the cost is also $8K! ("8" again Bro Desquire :D )

The costs include tile, labour, drylay, skirting, buffing and excludes hacking since it is not needed.

I think the '8' is somewhat related to WV, inseparatable. It's written in the waters. Trust me, there'll be more of such '8' to be revealed as the construction progresses...:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

Kengar
01-08-11, 17:16
Spoke to Shirley today, she was very patient with me on my long winded list of questions and email.. very glad she is a nice person to speak to :D

Here are the updates:

1. Showflat expected to be removed in early next year, 2012.

2. Next 10% for foundation expected to be called in the next 1 to 2 months.

3. The cost of marble flooring is fixed (per 3-bedder) at $8K based on total costs estimated from all requests received. SL has stopped accepting new requests.

4. Marble upgrade will include dry lay and polishing. Skirting should be timber, but Shirley will go back and confirm.

5. If we choose not to install certain items (e.g. wardrobe), the costs saving may be used to partially offset the costs of marble upgrade.

6. Sliding balcony door - Shirley is checking again if we may engage our own contractor to change sliding balcony door. The reason I asked her again is because there was a recent TV ad showing a sliding cum folding balcony door, I am thinking of doing that if it is allowed.

7. Window grilles for bedrooms are allowed, but have to adhere to SL's standard designs which will be provided to us during TOP.

East Lover
01-08-11, 17:24
Spoke to Shirley today, she was very patient with me on my long winded list of questions and email.. very glad she is a nice person to speak to :D

Here are the updates:

1. Showflat expected to be removed in early next year, 2012.

2. Next 10% for foundation expected to be called in the next 1 to 2 months.

3. The cost of marble flooring is fixed (per 3-bedder) at $8K based on total costs estimated from all requests received. SL has stopped accepting new requests.

4. Marble upgrade will include dry lay and polishing. Skirting should be timber, but Shirley will go back and confirm.

5. If we choose not to install certain items (e.g. wardrobe), the costs saving may be used to partially offset the costs of marble upgrade.

6. Sliding balcony door - Shirley is checking again if we may engage our own contractor to change sliding balcony door. The reason I asked her again is because there was a recent TV ad showing a sliding cum folding balcony door, I am thinking of doing that if it is allowed.

7. Window grilles for bedrooms are allowed, but have to adhere to SL's standard designs which will be provided to us during TOP.
thanks a lot for the update.

must write to Shirley now... busy entire weekend, forgot to write to her...

East Lover
01-08-11, 17:39

Here are the updates:

Yes, i saw the adv of folding door also, but forgot the name...

something like this?
http://foldingslidingdoors.ca/index_files/Image027_25A.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSveCJo-Pg&feature=related

joycewangwen
01-08-11, 18:36
Yes, i saw the adv of folding door also, but forgot the name...

something like this?
http://foldingslidingdoors.ca/index_files/Image027_25A.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSveCJo-Pg&feature=related

Looks stylish and neat...

But could be mechanically fragile and unstable compared with normal sliding type.:spliff:

desquire
02-08-11, 08:33
Nice idea!!! I'll probably stick to the original. Lesser headache and will probably go broke by then!! heheheheh:D :p

East Lover
02-08-11, 15:34
think twice, the marble upgrade may not be that costly... if we change the balcony flooring to timber decking, it will easily cost 2K for such a small area.
http://images01.olx.com.sg/ui/5/68/03/1273301644_92306503_3-Timber-Decking-Flooring-Specialists-Singapore-Services-1273301644.jpg

desquire
02-08-11, 22:53
Will the timber flooring not be wet due to the rain and in no time 'kaput'? I love the idea. It's very nice indeed but not practical due to its exposure to rain water.:p

chestnut
02-08-11, 23:14
Will the timber flooring not be wet due to the rain and in no time 'kaput'? I love the idea. It's very nice indeed but not practical due to its exposure to rain water.:p

Outdoor need to use chengai wood. But ex...

desquire
02-08-11, 23:44
Outdoor need to use chengai wood. But ex...

The best and safest option should be to keep the existing tiles. Yeah, heard it's very expensive!! Heheheh:D

Kengar
05-08-11, 17:08
Lawyer just called, says Sim Lian calling for the 10% for foundation works. :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

And also we need to pay $150 to open this account to handle the payment. I think is it related to the recent the Ministry of Law's new measures on 1 August 2011 to further protect conveyancing money.

http://app2.mlaw.gov.sg/Conveyancing/tabid/565/Default.aspx

kingkong1984
05-08-11, 18:51
Lawyer just called, says Sim Lian calling for the 10% for foundation works. :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

And also we need to pay $150 to open this account to handle the payment. I think is it related to the recent the Ministry of Law's new measures on 1 August 2011 to further protect conveyancing money.

http://app2.mlaw.gov.sg/Conveyancing/tabid/565/Default.aspx (http://app2.mlaw.gov.sg/Conveyancing/tabid/565/Default.aspx)

Q12: What is the impact on progress payment for new properties (under development)?

The impact is minimal. However, if the buyer chooses to have his lawyer hold the progress payment in his Conveyancing Account, then the developer’s lawyer would need to counter-sign. As this may generate a significant burden on the developer’s lawyer, we expect that in practice, buyers will simply make payment directly to the developer (via the developer’s project account). If the buyer is taking a loan, then the mortgagee bank will be instructed by the buyer’s lawyer to make payment to the developer directly.

Your $150 used to pay for his petrol lah. I got it free of charge.

iwantgizmos
05-08-11, 19:04
Q12: What is the impact on progress payment for new properties (under development)?

The impact is minimal. However, if the buyer chooses to have his lawyer hold the progress payment in his Conveyancing Account, then the developer’s lawyer would need to counter-sign. As this may generate a significant burden on the developer’s lawyer, we expect that in practice, buyers will simply make payment directly to the developer (via the developer’s project account). If the buyer is taking a loan, then the mortgagee bank will be instructed by the buyer’s lawyer to make payment to the developer directly.

Your $150 used to pay for his petrol lah. I got it free of charge.

Kengar kena scammed $150 by his own lawyer... Lol...

Kengar
05-08-11, 19:37
Kengar kena scammed $150 by his own lawyer... Lol...

Haha luckily got you guys to point it out, I better go check with them again. Actually I am paying all the 10% via Cpf, so not sure if this caused me the need to pay.

jbtay
05-08-11, 21:19
Another 10% so soon. Foundations really completed this time. My 15% (8 weeks after option) not due till 30 Aug. Anyway, hope current stock market turmoil get under control or else it would spill over to property market.
By the way, any of you guys in Tropica or elsewhere face problem due to insect fogging, every week. At Aquarius by the Park, its done every Friday afternoon and we have to seal up the refuse bin edges with masking tape, and after the fogging we usually see scores of little creepy crawlies attached to the tape. And of course we have to close all our windows. Wonder what will happen with a large open backyard at Waterview. I'm at the 4th storey at Aquarius, but I suppose the higher floors should be away from the insecticide fumes and the creepy crawlies:) .

Dreamerz
07-08-11, 14:36

Bro, I checked before Liao.... Chenga wood cost between $22-30 psf. So far I can only get at $22 psf cheapest....

desquire
07-08-11, 15:05
Bro, I checked before Liao.... Chenga wood cost between $22-30 psf. So far I can only get at $22 psf cheapest....
How much will it leads to for our balcony area? It will really last even with constant rain and sunshine I hope. If too ex no point. But definitely will give the balcony a resort like/cosy atmosphere. :D

DC33_2008
07-08-11, 15:14
You may want to consider Iron Wood. It is denser than Chenga as they are used for railway line.

kingkong1984
07-08-11, 15:24
How much will it leads to for our balcony area? It will really last even with constant rain and sunshine I hope. If too ex no point. But definitely will give the balcony a resort like/cosy atmosphere. :D

Anyone installed retractable awnings? Very suitable for roof terraces... I like the canopy or the umbrella type.

Can also look at sun screens for the balcony area...

Any comments of their pro and cons?

http://www.adcanvas.com.sg/

DC33_2008
07-08-11, 15:33
Better get a good one to ensure reliability.
Anyone installed retractable awnings? Very suitable for roof terraces... I like the canopy or the umbrella type.

desquire
07-08-11, 16:16
You may want to consider Iron Wood. It is denser than Chenga as they are used for railway line.
Thank you there!!! Railway track means reliability confirmed no doubt abt it but $$$$$ will be the next issue:p

DC33_2008
07-08-11, 16:22
I installed my planter box with iron wood as timber decking a year ago. The just paid 10% more. You can feel the difference is weight.
Thank you there!!! Railway track means reliability confirmed no doubt abt it but $$$$$ will be the next issue:p

Dreamerz
07-08-11, 21:12

Another alternative is composite wood or palm wood..... Some friend suggest that I put those plastic component instead

Dreamerz
07-08-11, 21:15

I don't think u can install retractable awnings.... I checked on pricing.... Price ranges from $1.5k to $4k.... Big difference....

kingkong1984
07-08-11, 21:31
I don't think u can install retractable awnings.... I checked on pricing.... Price ranges from $1.5k to $4k.... Big difference....
I saw them installed at cluster housing near braddle towards city. duno wat is it called but u would be able to see it if u drive towards city along cte.

desquire
07-08-11, 21:48
I saw them installed at cluster housing near braddle towards city. duno wat is it called but u would be able to see it if u drive towards city along cte.
Cluster house maybe. But I don't think will be allowed for the balcony of a condo. Hehe. Else much of the rain problem is solved. Even windows can't be fixed. Dunno what they thinking also. Why such rules? The only reason I can think of is cause it will make the place less "condo" and "classy".

In terms of practicality, zero!!! :D

kingkong1984
07-08-11, 22:07
Cluster house maybe. But I don't think will be allowed for the balcony of a condo. Hehe. Else much of the rain problem is solved. Even windows can't be fixed. Dunno what they thinking also. Why such rules? The only reason I can think of is cause it will make the place less "condo" and "classy".

In terms of practicality, zero!!! :D

So troublesome.... Umbrellas are the best, easier to set up and dismantle. awnings neater actually... Since it's not enclosing, shouldn't run foul of the by laws.

Then there is trellis right? Condo do allow standardized trellis design right? Put some blinds under it and u have solved the rain water problem...

Any one did them?

desquire
08-08-11, 07:53
So troublesome.... Umbrellas are the best, easier to set up and dismantle. awnings neater actually... Since it's not enclosing, shouldn't run foul of the by laws.

Then there is trellis right? Condo do allow standardized trellis design right? Put some blinds under it and u have solved the rain water problem...

Any one did them?

Trellis doesn't look that good I supposed. Might instead make the place distasteful upon putting it up.

Wonder too if anyone has done anything nice to chant the 'rain, rain go away' mantra to keep away the rain from the balcony area. :D

desquire
08-08-11, 08:15
Haha luckily got you guys to point it out, I better go check with them again. Actually I am paying all the 10% via Cpf, so not sure if this caused me the need to pay.

Hi bro. Do update us on the outcome. New rules, new $$$$. Never ending of this $$$$ play it seemed. As long as there's a loophole, they will always try to squeeze us out by whatever means they could.

I have not gotten any letter or information as yet. Let's hope that there's no such thing as this $150!!:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

Kengar
08-08-11, 09:54
Hi bro. Do update us on the outcome. New rules, new $$$$. Never ending of this $$$$ play it seemed. As long as there's a loophole, they will always try to squeeze us out by whatever means they could.

I have not gotten any letter or information as yet. Let's hope that there's no such thing as this $150!!:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

Yup called them again and this is applicable to me. Are you guys paying directly to SL?

Stoney Stone Stone
08-08-11, 13:35
[quote=Kengar]Spoke to Shirley today, she was very patient with me on my long winded list of questions and email.. very glad she is a nice person to speak to :D

Here are the updates:

Hi Kengar & future WV Neigbours,

Just notice this forums yesterday.
I got a 2+1 in early Jan at $881 PSF.
Just notice that we can also upgrade to marble flooring.
But SL has stopped accepting new requests.
Is it mean we had no chance to request change to marble flooring in future? Need yours advice. Thanks.:)

East Lover
08-08-11, 14:12
[quote=Kengar]Spoke to Shirley today, she was very patient with me on my long winded list of questions and email.. very glad she is a nice person to speak to :D

Here are the updates:

Is it mean we had no chance to request change to marble flooring in future? Need yours advice. Thanks.:)
Welcome to Waterview family and our FEC :)

Why not contact Shirley directly?

Shirley Koh
SIM LIAN GROUP LIMITED

DID: 6303 6163
Fax: 6763 3542
email: [email protected]

Stoney Stone Stone
08-08-11, 14:22
Welcome to Waterview family and our FEC :)

Why not contact Shirley directly?

Shirley Koh
SIM LIAN GROUP LIMITED

DID: 6303 6163
Fax: 6763 3542
email: [email protected]

Thanks for your help, East Lover.:)
Will write to SL Shirey.

East Lover
08-08-11, 16:15
Dear all,

Will you consider to seal up the back door in your room, so that we can fully utilize the room and back yard balcony?

I'm thinking now....:(

any suggestion? pros and cons????

econsist
08-08-11, 16:24

Here are the updates:

Hello S3:

May i know which stack did you get for your 2+1 at $881 PSF?

Regards, econsist

desquire
08-08-11, 16:37
Thanks for your help, East Lover.:)
Will write to SL Shirey.
Shirley is very nice, friendly and helpful. You might want to call her directly for assistance. Fast direct response. :D

East Lover
08-08-11, 16:40
Dear all,

Will you consider to seal up the back door in your room, so that we can fully utilize the room and back yard balcony?

found this by google::scared-4:

One door is more than enough
-- Avoid having more than one door in your bedroom. Energy can easily flow out of your bedroom. Also, person who stay in the bedroom will feel insecure or uncomfortable about his/her privacy.

What if two-doors is your dream bedroom
-- Put extra careful about the position of these two doors. Do not put them at the same position on the opposite side. Never put them overlapping on the opposite.

desquire
08-08-11, 16:42
found this by google::scared-4:

One door is more than enough
-- Avoid having more than one door in your bedroom. Energy can easily flow out of your bedroom. Also, person who stay in the bedroom will feel insecure or uncomfortable about his/her privacy.

What if two-doors is your dream bedroom
-- Put extra careful about the position of these two doors. Do not put them at the same position on the opposite side. Never put them overlapping on the opposite.
Wah door fengshui now. Hehe. I hv it sealed cause too many confusing for me. :D

desquire
08-08-11, 16:43
Hello S3:

Regards, econsist
Are there any more 2 bedders? Ground floor only left right? :p

desquire
08-08-11, 16:46
Hi guys. Suddenly, so many of us here. Water of the same PH flowing together. Hehe

Kengar
08-08-11, 16:53
Dear all,

I have confirmed with Shirley on sealing up that second balcony door, want to make that corner area into an extra space for MBR wardrobe or vanity table. Also confirmed with her on getting the marble upgrade.

East Lover
08-08-11, 16:56
I have confirmed with Shirley on sealing up that second balcony door, want to make that corner area into an extra space for MBR wardrobe or vanity table. Also confirmed with her on getting the marble upgrade.
I'm checking with my Fengshui master now. need his advice to confirm.

But how come no reply from Shirley at all? shall I call up to follow up?

craze
08-08-11, 17:03
2 bedrooms only left ground floor. 2+study still available

desquire
08-08-11, 17:19
I'm checking with my Fengshui master now. need his advice to confirm.

But how come no reply from Shirley at all? shall I call up to follow up?
Sis, Fengshui Master!!:eek: :eek: :eek: This is serious business. Scared leh. :eek:

East Lover
08-08-11, 17:54
Sis, Fengshui Master!!:eek: :eek: :eek: This is serious business. Scared leh. :eek:
frankly speaking, my tiny room 4 drive me crazy... i'm thinking of seal up the door 2 to create space in room 4, and can more more things in back balcony. but it's a bit painful to seal up the door, as we may give up the uniqueness of this design...

desquire
08-08-11, 18:35
frankly speaking, my tiny room 4 drive me crazy... i'm thinking of seal up the door 2 to create space in room 4, and can more more things in back balcony. but it's a bit painful to seal up the door, as we may give up the uniqueness of this design...
I nvr think twice about having the door sealed up. My HDB unit here used to have two doors to the toilet. One from the walkway and the other from the kitchen balcony just like WV. I find it very troubling. I sealed up the walkway door leading to the rooms. As such, the toilet is accessible only from the kitchen balcony now but it sure looks better just that guest have to walk through my kitchen to go to the toilet which I think is pretty alright.

It's always space, space and more space issues with these condos isn't it? Headaches which can never be remediated. :(

Stoney Stone Stone
08-08-11, 19:14
Hello S3:

Regards, econsist

Hi Econsist,

Sorry, I still do not know what the "STACK" mean in WV forums.
My unit at Blk 73.:)

Stoney Stone Stone
08-08-11, 19:19
Shirley is very nice, friendly and helpful. You might want to call her directly for assistance. Fast direct response. :D

Yes, talk to her more faster.
Moveover, she is a SHE :D
Thanks for your advice.

Kengar
08-08-11, 19:37
Hi Econsist,

Hi Stoney Stone Stone, cute nick you have there, and Welcome to the WV Family! :D

Your stack number is the last 2 digit of your unit number.. your stack should be 4, since it is the only stack at BLK 73 with 2+1. :)

Kengar
08-08-11, 19:46
Some recent transactions from StreetSine, looks like some crossing the 900 PSF, not sure if they are direct purchase from SL or from sub-sale market.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FhG6C2FkkhM/Tj_LVuRhgAI/AAAAAAAAAJk/I7SDkScFHYQ/Fullscreen%252520capture%252520882011%25252074040%252520PM.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ObilIHaYi1E/Tj_Lly6KjwI/AAAAAAAAAJo/Uk35Z2aMjFI/s576/Fullscreen%252520capture%252520882011%25252074157%252520PM.jpg

Kengar
08-08-11, 19:56
Spotted 2 gigantic cranes on the site today, looks like they are full steam into construction now after the foundation works are done.... must not lose out to Arc, otherwise very lose face :doh:

desquire
08-08-11, 19:57
Hi Econsist,

Nice individual stack. Hehe. :D :p

Stoney Stone Stone
08-08-11, 19:58
Hi Stoney Stone Stone, cute nick you have there, and Welcome to the WV Family! :D

Your stack number is the last 2 digit of your unit number.. your stack should be 4, since it is the only stack at BLK 73 with 2+1. :)

Hi Kengar,

Thanks, I always felt I stone stone immediately woke up from my bed.
Yeah... I know meaning of stack now. Thanks Kengar. Yes, my stack 04.
Next time I can help to inform all WV folks whether petrol kiosk is in long queue or not. :D

Dreamerz
08-08-11, 21:52

Bro, I made a trip to the showroom over the weekend... Only 1 2bdrm unit n ground floor left. Was told that more than 80% of WV sold... Wonder is this is true....

craze
09-08-11, 09:54
Bro, I made a trip to the showroom over the weekend... Only 1 2bdrm unit n ground floor left. Was told that more than 80% of WV sold... Wonder is this is true....

yes it is slightly over 80% sold!!
7 units left for 2 bedrooms groundfloor. hope this info helps

East Lover
09-08-11, 10:56
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0118.jpg

East Lover
09-08-11, 11:47
:) http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/sitemapvsprogress0811.gif

Kengar
09-08-11, 11:48
Cool that's what I call foundation. :D

Happy National Day / Public Holiday to all forumers!

DC33_2008
09-08-11, 11:59
Look at the six square holes. Must be lift pits.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0118.jpg

East Lover
09-08-11, 11:59
Majulah Singapura!
http://www.etour-singapore.com/image-files/singapore-national-day-2008-fireworks-1.jpg

East Lover
09-08-11, 12:06
See the construnction workers at right side, then you compare the small box beside the life pit - i guess it will be the HS or maid room, you will know how small our pignehole is.....

sooner, we will become another HK, as long as the unit over 1000sqft, we can dear to call it 豪宅:D

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0113.jpg

Stoney Stone Stone
09-08-11, 12:58
See the construnction workers at right side, then you compare the small box beside the life pit - i guess it will be the HS or maid room, you will know how small our pignehole is.....

sooner, we will become another HK, as long as the unit over 1000sqft, we can dear to call it 豪宅:D

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0113.jpg

I thought they should build the basement carpark 1st?:)

East Lover
09-08-11, 15:16
yes must build basement carpark, but the foundation must be built first and deeper than basement, in order to hold 15 floor buildings and 2 big swimming pools?

kingkong1984
09-08-11, 15:18
Can dig..... Settle foundation and ground level first then dig under and deck up....

Stoney Stone Stone
09-08-11, 16:20
Can dig..... Settle foundation and ground level first then dig under and deck up....

All my future neigbours are building experts (Internal & External).
Yeah...:cool1:

kingkong1984
09-08-11, 18:01
All my future neigbours are building experts (Internal & External).
Yeah...:cool1:

Can read this if interested...

http://environment.uwe.ac.uk/geocal/ucp/ground_n.htm
:)

jbtay
09-08-11, 21:11

Looks like I will also seal up the doorway and do up a vanity for my wife and a mirror there. Originally I like the idea of the backdoor to the balcony as a private area for tea, but more often then not the door will be shut with the aircon on.
Also can then put up some cabinet space at the balcony side.

Also intend to shift the fridge to the HS and have the countertop and cabinets extended where the fridge is supposed to be. Don't mind the fridge in the HS for more countertop space in the kitchen. Hope I'm not flouting any rules.

BTW, i signed the option on 5 Jul and executed S&P on 20 Jul at $861 psq for #04-46 1130 sf.
Cheers and Happy National Day

kingkong1984
09-08-11, 21:51
Anyone installed these on their landed?

http://internetsiao.com/transforming-window-attachment-turns-to-balcony-in-seconds/

fclim
10-08-11, 00:24

What you see is the basement level. Pile caps are completed which means foundation work is done. This ground is actually the lower ground if you observe the show flat at the top of the pic, where the blue canvas sheets are. They will now build upwards with the first layer as the basement car park. :)

East Lover
10-08-11, 10:33
My feng shui master said it's good to keep second door open, to bring in light n air. No issue from feng shui point of view ;)

Kengar
10-08-11, 14:46
My feng shui master said it's good to keep second door open, to bring in light n air. No issue from feng shui point of view ;)

I was initially reluctant to give up the second door too, as it is quite an unique feature of the house. But end of the day practicality rules. ;)

East Lover
10-08-11, 14:53
I was initially reluctant to give up the second door too, as it is quite an unique feature of the house. But end of the day practicality rules. ;)
spent whole day to design how to put bookcases, and eventually find a way to put same numbers of bookcases without giving up the second door :)

But still thinking how to utilize the space in 2nd balcony if not seal up the 2nd door...:(

can put a big cabinet if seal up, but again, lost the unique feature of the house...

and from resale point of view (not saying i'm going to sell out), good to seal or good to keep?:D

desquire
10-08-11, 16:45
spent whole day to design how to put bookcases, and eventually find a way to put same numbers of bookcases without giving up the second door :)

But still thinking how to utilize the space in 2nd balcony if not seal up the 2nd door...:(

can put a big cabinet if seal up, but again, lost the unique feature of the house...

and from resale point of view (not saying i'm going to sell out), good to seal or good to keep?:D
The planning stages can be rather complex. I'm hoping no rain will come in. If that is so then the problem will be solved. With the door sealed, my antique furniture will be safe there although we have to do our laundry at that area. A fridge 2-door can also be placed in that area. Hehe. :D

East Lover
10-08-11, 18:05
The planning stages can be rather complex. I'm hoping no rain will come in. If that is so then the problem will be solved. With the door sealed, my antique furniture will be safe there although we have to do our laundry at that area. A fridge 2-door can also be placed in that area. Hehe. :D
I was exploring this idea also, but give up because the fridge has to put next to maid's toilet in my layout... not comfortable leh...

desquire
11-08-11, 07:13
I was exploring this idea also, but give up because the fridge has to put next to maid's toilet in my layout... not comfortable leh...

That's probably the only area where the fridge is possible. Thats the reason why instead of a two-door, a folio will suit just fine as the 'original' idea in the tiny kitchen!! hehe.:scared-3:

East Lover
11-08-11, 09:36
sister, you can do lumiera or ximula storage wardrobe along entire stretch of wall. :)
Dig out this post from bro McKinnon.
Maybe we should spend some effort to source a good water resistant material for back balcony.
Changing my mind now, may give way to practicality as bro Kengar ;) so may end up to build 9 feet cabinet in balcony along the wall, can hold a lot of stuff n make the rooms in front net ;)
Dear future neighbors, anyone want to build big big storage wardrobe also? Along entire stretch of wall at back balcony hehehe :)

desquire
11-08-11, 09:58
Maybe we should spend some effort to source a good water resistant material for back balcony.
Changing my mind now, may give way to practicality as bro Kengar ;) so may end up to build 9 feet cabinet in balcony along the wall, can hold a lot of stuff n make the rooms in front net ;)
Dear future neighbors, anyone want to build big big storage wardrobe also? Along entire stretch of wall at back balcony hehehe :)

We should keep in touch here closely especially when the time is up for TOP. In that manner, we can get together and share ideas and source out for contractors, bulk household purchase (fridge etc). This can help us in many ways reduce the price. Although not much to some, it could mean a lot to others.

Thats the way to go especially when we know more of our future neighbours in here. :D :p

East Lover
11-08-11, 10:49
We should keep in touch here closely especially when the time is up for TOP. In that manner, we can get together and share ideas and source out for contractors, bulk household purchase (fridge etc). This can help us in many ways reduce the price. Although not much to some, it could mean a lot to others.

Thats the way to go especially when we know more of our future neighbours in here. :D :p
Totally agreed with u! My agent said possible to finish within 1.5 yrs! We gonna work closely for group bulk purchasing ;)

Btw received lawyer letter yesterday. 10% is really due.
From the photo, it looks foundation really completed this round right?

desquire
11-08-11, 11:00
Totally agreed with u! My agent said possible to finish within 1.5 yrs! We gonna work closely for group bulk purchasing ;)

Btw received lawyer letter yesterday. 10% is really due.
From the photo, it looks foundation really completed this round right?

Oh my!!! 1.5 years!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :millie:

This means the dream for the 2013 Christmas is always being constantly kept alive!! We must thank you for the constant updates, 'live' monthly images of the works@WV!!!!

I think they are rushing to complete this project fast!!! I wonder why also. Anyway, let's hope the end product is something for us to cheer about. :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy:

East Lover
11-08-11, 12:15
Oh my!!! 1.5 years!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :millie:

This means the dream for the 2013 Christmas is always being constantly kept alive!! We must thank you for the constant updates, 'live' monthly images of the works@WV!!!!

I think they are rushing to complete this project fast!!! I wonder why also. Anyway, let's hope the end product is something for us to cheer about. :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy:
my agent said one... but I really hope so ;)

Also, property market will be flat next qtr, but may hardly find fire sale given such low loan interest till 2013 .... and market will rise again in 2013 :p :p :cheers1:

desquire
11-08-11, 13:11
my agent said one... but I really hope so ;)

Also, property market will be flat next qtr, but may hardly find fire sale given such low loan interest till 2013 .... and market will rise again in 2013 :p :p :cheers1:

Heard over the news that many have already sold their shares in stocks. Expecting market to dip further and better lose now than lose more attitude. They kinda expect a recession soon too. This talks has been ongoing for too long a time now. If that happens then we have a topic to discuss... hahahahha....

However, when it picks up as 'predicted' should it crash then it will be good news for it's the perfect timing for those who wishes to sell their WV!!!:D

Kengar
11-08-11, 17:06

Haha i foresee another potential concern.. that if we build a big storage, it will make the second balcony appear "darker" because some natural lights will be blocked out.. :D

East Lover
11-08-11, 17:10
Haha i foresee another potential concern.. that if we build a big storage, it will make the second balcony appear "darker" because some natural lights will be blocked out.. :D
Start after toilet, should be fine? Give space to wash machine area. I guess the corner from kitchen to HS maybe dark. Need light

joycewangwen
11-08-11, 18:26
Heard over the news that many have already sold their shares in stocks. Expecting market to dip further and better lose now than lose more attitude. They kinda expect a recession soon too. This talks has been ongoing for too long a time now. If that happens then we have a topic to discuss... hahahahha....

However, when it picks up as 'predicted' should it crash then it will be good news for it's the perfect timing for those who wishes to sell their WV!!!:D

USA Fed. reserve boss said they will keep the near-zero interest rate till mid-2013.

The hidden words is that QE3 will be coming soon. haha..:p

Flood Asia market with paper money...again.

jbtay
11-08-11, 20:33
Dear Fellow WaterViewers

Since Smarket still got some way to go (2400?) and nothing much else to do, drop by at a showflat at Pasir Ris Drive 4, this afternoon to look at the ID - kaypoh, and also to get some ideas.
I must say, the sf looks impressive, marble flooring for living/dining, even bathrooms and bathroom walls, with fitted kitchens provided, 15% discount plus 1% more if you are an ex-customer plus $5000 pocket money.

But after studying the layout and the dimensions, we are very glad that we made the right choice at WV.
The MBRs are about the same size except WV is perfect sq, and the other rooms are rectangular and decent size. Space between the kitchen countertops is a decent 1m whereas at SS, its an L shaped countertop and distance to the wall is only about 0.8m, HS is also smaller and guess what, such a large balcony, my estimate is that its about 82 sf (6 panels of sliding glass we were told whereas WV is around 67 sf, which is more than enough). No wonder SS don't seem to have a yard, but of course WM cum Dryer is provided.
Entrance door appears to be the normal door width, whereas WV (based on WV brochure but blow up a bit, but should be to scale as attached about 4.35 cm to 3m, based on MBR of about 3m sq), WV main entrance door is 46" which co-incidentally is the same as my Aquarius unit main door, a small movable section that is bolted to the floor and a larger swing section.
Also SS for the 1109 sf 3 bedder does not have a yard toilet, and the 2nd toilet appears to be smaller than my present one at Aquarius.
And of course nothing beats being next to the reservoir.
3 cheers for WV.

minami3
11-08-11, 22:22
Hi there, future neighbours of WV! i'm so glad to have found this forum...and a very active one!

iwantgizmos
11-08-11, 22:52
Hi there, future neighbours of WV! i'm so glad to have found this forum...and a very active one!
welcome aboard minami3

desquire
11-08-11, 23:29
Wow!!! The numbers are growing by the day. Welcome all. May we have a great, happy and peaceful stay in here!! Meanwhile let's enjoy and celebrate. Hehe. :p :p :p

Kengar
12-08-11, 01:28

Hi minami3 welcome to the family! Which stack did you get? I am trying to collate a list of WV owners and stack number. Cheers :)

anne29
12-08-11, 01:31
Hi I m contemplating getting a quarry view unit at WV but m concerned abt the direct west sun and traffic noise. Do u know of any Tropicana resident with similiar facing and is unhappy abt it?

Kengar
12-08-11, 02:19
Not sure if i missed out anyone here :D
I also included the folks i met at myhometown.sg (MHT).

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-738CWDkA0to/TkQd8l3mgLI/AAAAAAAAAKE/7JHzHFduStE/Stack%252520%252520%25255BCompatibility%252520Mode%25255D%2525208122011%25252022228%252520AM.jpg

desquire
12-08-11, 07:15
Hi I m contemplating getting a quarry view unit at WV but m concerned abt the direct west sun and traffic noise. Do u know of any Tropicana resident with similiar facing and is unhappy abt it?

Hi there. Sis eastlover might be able to help you on this issue related to Tropica. Hehe. I think if you get a high floor, it will not be that bad after all. :D

desquire
12-08-11, 07:17
Thanks you bro Kengar. We do have our marketing manager in eastlover and now our mighty kengar as administration manager. What a memory you have bro!!! I take my hats off to you!! :D :D :D

mr_chongfs
12-08-11, 07:38
Yeah, I am impressed too, bro.

desquire
12-08-11, 07:52
Come aboard together with the Spirit of the Water and enjoy a unique experience viewing the beautiful reservoir!

There are a variety of helpful, kind and interesting neighbours + activities awaiting...:hornybastard:

craze
12-08-11, 09:27
How many bedrooms are you looking at? Maybe I can help U.

East Lover
12-08-11, 09:43

Yes, it will be hot through out the years, if you are talking about those stacks facing the quarry directly...

traffice noise will be some, but i guess after a while you will get used of it - think about those condos sit beside MRT or facing high way, the ave 10 road noise will be small case...

maybe you can have some good buy at this moment??? good luck!

East Lover
12-08-11, 09:44

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-738CWDkA0to/TkQd8l3mgLI/AAAAAAAAAKE/7JHzHFduStE/Stack%252520%252520%25255BCompatibility%252520Mode%25255D%2525208122011%25252022228%252520AM.jpg

wow, you are good! Thanks!

Kengar
12-08-11, 11:18
wow, you are good! Thanks!

No problem, actually not too much effort, just need to run a Search for Keyword 'Stack" under the Suburban East forum. :D

Stoney Stone Stone
12-08-11, 17:28
Pickup from EUHABITAT Forums:

To all EUHABITAT buyers, anyone going for the buyer's dinner this Saturday aug 13 (6-9pm) organize by FAR EAST at the project site gallery?

Wow..... Got dinner for buyer.
Don't know whether we got lunch from SL if they complete the foundation work? :D

minami3
12-08-11, 17:37

Mine is stack 39. Facing Tampines Ave 1...now still got nice greenery. Hope they don't build anything there yet too soon!!! Had wanted to get stack 04..but my agent friend warned me about the hot sun and noisy road...and when i visited the showflat in May..only left lower floors. So, chose 39 instead. High floor, cooler and quieter :)

minami3
12-08-11, 17:40
Mine is stack 39. Facing Tampines Ave 1...now still got nice greenery. Hope they don't build anything there yet too soon!!! Had wanted to get stack 04..but my agent friend warned me about the hot sun and noisy road...and when i visited the showflat in May..only left lower floors. So, chose 39 instead. High floor, cooler and quieter :)

Correction - had wanted to get stack 24 initially :tongue3:

East Lover
12-08-11, 18:02
welcome to WV and our FEC - Friendly East Club :)

East Lover
12-08-11, 18:06
see the letter from lawyer - we have to pay $150!:doh:
-----------------
As part of the changes in the new Conveyancing Regime to safeguard conveyancing money, effective from 1 August 2011, solicitors who wish to continue to receive and hold conveyancing money will have to deposit them into special conveyancing account that they open with appointed banks. The appointed bank will impose a fee of $150 + GST per transaction where monies are paid into the special conveyancing account. Additionally, the Singapore Land Authority will impose a fee of $16.05 for each Pay In Form and Pay Out Form for the payment in and release of monies respectively from the special conveyancing account. These forms will be submitted and digitally signed by solicitors from the 2 law firms involved in the transaction. The appointed banks will further impose a charge of $5 to $10 for each cashier’s order issued by the banks in effecting payment out of monies from the special conveyancing account.
Given the above various fees imposed by the new conveyancing regime and in common with all other conveyancing law firms, we will have to pass on such fees to be borne by you in situations where the use of the special conveyancing account cannot be avoided.
To value add to you, only the bank’s transaction fee is borne by you as we have decided the absorb the additional transaction fees for Pay In/Pay Out Forms, cashier’s orders’ charges and GST. In essence, there is great savings to you as we are only requiring you to bear the minimum sum of $150 nett for each transaction where use of the special conveyancing account is required.
As such, kindly arrange to let us have your cheque for $150.00 issued in favour of COLIN NG & PARTNERS LLP being payment of the transaction fee incurred to effect the release of your CPF lumpsum to the developers as soon as possible.

East Lover
12-08-11, 18:26
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0167.jpg

anne29
12-08-11, 19:26
Thank you East Lover & FEC for your friendly advice. I guess i'll hv to weigh the beauty of unblocked lake view which money can't buy against the all year round west sun which money can't change. Well maybe money can help to alleviate the problem a little through the use of 3M solar film:)

desquire
12-08-11, 20:27
This means that everytime we make a payment, we hv to pay $150 extra? What system is this? They cone up with a system to protect our $ fr unscrupulous lawyers and we end up bearing the cost again all the time. This is purely rubbish.

Sounds like trying to protect the buyers with a good suggestion but end up like this as always and leaves us with no other alternative. Sigh. :confused:

kingkong1984
12-08-11, 21:32
No, one time account opening fees.

joycewangwen
12-08-11, 22:26

Sis East Lover, that is a very good pic from a very good angle. We are very grateful for your monthly update.:)

I believe there are quite a lot ppl bought those stacks alone Tampines Ave1, would you please share the pic for those stacks?

Many thanks...:spliff:

minami3
13-08-11, 01:58
Hi FEC! has anybody seen the marble that SL will use for the upgrade? How is the marble quality?

McKinnon
13-08-11, 05:58
view from tropica lift lobby
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/d58b354f.jpg

Sis East Lover, that is a very good pic from a very good angle. We are very grateful for your monthly update.:)

I believe there are quite a lot ppl bought those stacks alone Tampines Ave1, would you please share the pic for those stacks?

joycewangwen
13-08-11, 09:06
view from tropica lift lobby
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/d58b354f.jpg

:doh: wow...what a surprise...
they build another gas station in WV...:D:D:D

Kengar
13-08-11, 09:37

Haha dig foundation until found oil. Huat AR!!:D

desquire
13-08-11, 10:34
They reported in the news about the discovery of gold ores while digging and laying the foundation works on stack 42!! Go read!! Hot news. Hahaha. :D

East Lover
13-08-11, 11:54
Thank you East Lover & FEC for your friendly advice. I guess i'll hv to weigh the beauty of unblocked lake view which money can't buy against the all year round west sun which money can't change. Well maybe money can help to alleviate the problem a little through the use of 3M solar film:)
You are welcome, our future FEC member :)

Think twice, money still can give you solution for your "unblocked lake view which money can't buy" - you can always turn on air-con when you at home during afternoon, and usually it's only 2 afternoons a week right?

You can do some calculation - the PSF for direct reservior facing blocks are from 900-950, and I guess you may have some good discount around 800-850 psf? then total additional utility bill which you have to pay for 2 afternoon per week should be much much cheaper than the housing price?:p

my :2cents:

East Lover
13-08-11, 11:58

no problem, here you are....

I guess SL is using inside-first stratigy to ease their logistic, so blk 77,79 started first, that's why you haven't received 10% foundation payment request but both bro Kengar and I have to pay now...:o

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0166.jpg

East Lover
13-08-11, 12:10
Hi FEC! has anybody seen the marble that SL will use for the upgrade? How is the marble quality?
Yes, bro Kengar, joycewangwen and I went to showflat, the quality is so so, but the upgrading price is quick reasonable comparing you engage your own ID to do for you after TOP. less hassle, so we decided to pay for it.

you can go to showflat to ask the marble sample, can ask the site supervisor Sathiya,I think it's still there.

btw bro Kengar is expert, you should ask him more :D

McKinnon
13-08-11, 12:11
Oh sorry tot u wan to see how it looks along ave 1

minami3
13-08-11, 15:44
Yes, bro Kengar, joycewangwen and I went to showflat, the quality is so so, but the upgrading price is quick reasonable comparing you engage your own ID to do for you after TOP. less hassle, so we decided to pay for it.

you can go to showflat to ask the marble sample, can ask the site supervisor Sathiya,I think it's still there.

btw bro Kengar is expert, you should ask him more :D

I just went to the showflat and looked at the marble. Actually I don't know how to assess the quality but my friends warned me against marble from China....when I asked about the marble origin, the guy asked me to check with Shirley. Mine is a 2+1 unit...dunno how much the cost will be...Shirley said that they will inform me after they have calculated the cost. Though i love the elegance look of marble, i have a BIG concern for marble floor in my open-concept kitchen. I heard marble absorbs spills like a sponge.....can't imagine how i would scream if i accidentally spill coffee/soya sauce on the marble kitchen floor!!:scared-4:

minami3
13-08-11, 15:50
You are welcome, our future FEC member :)

Think twice, money still can give you solution for your "unblocked lake view which money can't buy" - you can always turn on air-con when you at home during afternoon, and usually it's only 2 afternoons a week right?

You can do some calculation - the PSF for direct reservior facing blocks are from 900-950, and I guess you may have some good discount around 800-850 psf? then total additional utility bill which you have to pay for 2 afternoon per week should be much much cheaper than the housing price?:p

my :2cents:

Hi! Just to share, my agent friend told me that these kind of facing houses are especially hot at nights (about 8pm)...coz' the bricks will absorb the afternoon sun heat and when the sun sets, these hot bricks will release the heat...so you may have to ON the air-con almost everyday. This is a reason why my agent friend don't bring his clients to view houses with such facing at night or if he does, the owner will ON the air-con first to cool the house...

If you decide to buy the unit, at least you are prepared to ON the air-con more often :))

craze
13-08-11, 21:50
Quarry facing will have unblock & open view and u can do whatever u want inside the house as only the sky will be looking at u. haha
Regarding the afternoon sun, u can use various methods to minimize the heat by putting thick curtains, 3M sun shield etc.
Its your choice open view or the evening sun?

TKT
14-08-11, 02:56
Quarry facing will have unblock & open view and u can do whatever u want inside the house as only the sky will be looking at u. haha
Regarding the afternoon sun, u can use various methods to minimize the heat by putting thick curtains, 3M sun shield etc.
Its your choice open view or the evening sun?

Firstly, never buy with direct west sun - we did and regretted it for almost ten years, very happy to sell it off at a good price.
Secondly, doesnt WV units facing the quarry, apart from west sun, also face the main road leading into the expressway?

Dont buy lar... plonk your million dollars somewhere else - no other place in Singapore except this meh? :scared-4:

DC33_2008
14-08-11, 10:40
The graphs show the amount of heat for a west facing wall compared to the east facing wall. It is almost 8 times at peak of 800W/m2. However, people are still enticed by the view and buy them:confused: .

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/SolarRadiationE_W_facade.jpg

fclim
14-08-11, 12:06
The graphs show the amount of heat for a west facing wall compared to the east facing wall. It is almost 8 times at peak of 800W/m2. However, people are still enticed by the view and buy them:confused: .

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/SolarRadiationE_W_facade.jpg

Can't compare this way. More accurate to compare the two peaks. This way, it's 2.6 times instead of 8 times.

joycewangwen
15-08-11, 12:01
This graph looks good, but there is also sth might be misleading...

You see all the curve converge after 6PM, some ppl could think no diff after 6PM. From the physics point of view, the wall behaves like a heat energy tank. After sunset, the thermal energy built up inside will release slowly. So, you will definitely feel different.

Black-body radiation theory tells the attenuation is exponential. the thermal energy is the 4th order of the temperature(in Kelvin temp.)

I don't know whether the theory is matching what people is feeling...:D:D

East Lover
15-08-11, 12:09
This graph looks good, but there is also sth might be misleading...

You see all the curve converge after 6PM, some ppl could think no diff after 6PM. From the physics point of view, the wall behaves like a heat energy tank. After sunset, the thermal energy built up inside will release slowly. So, you will definitely feel different.

Black-body radiation theory tells the attenuation is exponential. the thermal energy is the 4th order of the temperature(in Kelvin temp.)

I don't know whether the theory is matching what people is feeling...:D:D
bro, can speak simple English? :D :D :D

Are you saying the same thing which minami3 said in English yesterday?:D

Hi! Just to share, my agent friend told me that these kind of facing houses are especially hot at nights (about 8pm)...coz' the bricks will absorb the afternoon sun heat and when the sun sets, these hot bricks will release the heat...so you may have to ON the air-con almost everyday. This is a reason why my agent friend don't bring his clients to view houses with such facing at night or if he does, the owner will ON the air-con first to cool the house...

Kengar
15-08-11, 12:59
77.8% sold to date.. looks like will be slower going forward due to sharp market correction and stronger competition from the EC market.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eG7Hb9QpU3k/Tkim65XVWXI/AAAAAAAAAKY/ZRRlPjr2kpQ/s800/Fullscreen%252520capture%2525208152011%252520125550%252520PM.jpg

hyenergix
15-08-11, 13:31
Over 80% sold as per yesterday when I visited e showroom.

Kengar
15-08-11, 13:47
Over 80% sold as per yesterday when I visited e showroom.

So around 15 sold in the first 15 days in August.. hmm maybe some investors from China on buying spree? :D

desquire
15-08-11, 19:14
So around 15 sold in the first 15 days in August.. hmm maybe some investors from China on buying spree? :D
A sign of modern days of the new generation. Ghost no ghost, buy must buy. :p

craze
15-08-11, 21:18

to be exact 9 sold as of today. All the buyers are local except one.

Dreamerz
15-08-11, 21:27
bro, can speak simple English? :D :D :D

Are you saying the same thing which minami3 said in English yesterday?:D

Well, it's not rocket science to know that west facing sun will get the heat. I have stayed in west facing unit before.... Sauna....

Will never consider west facing units anymore..... Especially for own stay..... Don't believe in those 3M solar film.... How much heat can it reduce?

Bottom-line, "Got doubt, don't buy..." ;)

Kengar
15-08-11, 21:52
to be exact 9 sold as of today. All the buyers are local except one.
Cool impressed, looks like averaging 10 to 15 units per month, need another 10 months to clear stocks. :rolleyes:

desquire
15-08-11, 22:11
Well, it's not rocket science to know that west facing sun will get the heat. I have stayed in west facing unit before.... Sauna....

Will never consider west facing units anymore..... Especially for own stay..... Don't believe in those 3M solar film.... How much heat can it reduce?

Bottom-line, "Got doubt, don't buy..." ;)
True! I agree with you 100% on this. When in doubt, don't bite. Many of those who have purchased a unit on impulse regret especially when they come across another unit which they fancy.

No development is perfect. No unit is flawless. Just go where the heart is. :p

fclim
15-08-11, 23:23
What about those units facing NS (balcony, bedroom windows etc), but only one wall, e.g bedroom wall, is facing west sun. Will those be hot as well?

flagship74
15-08-11, 23:49
What about those units facing NS (balcony, bedroom windows etc), but only one wall, e.g bedroom wall, is facing west sun. Will those be hot as well?
but of course..heat transfer logic;)

fclim
16-08-11, 00:07
but of course..heat transfer logic;)
Maybe bedroom only, not whole house?:)

Dreamerz
16-08-11, 01:21
True! I agree with you 100% on this. When in doubt, don't bite. Many of those who have purchased a unit on impulse regret especially when they come across another unit which they fancy.

No development is perfect. No unit is flawless. Just go where the heart is. :p

Bro, m unit in WV was actually impulsive buying.... Stepped into the showroom during pre launch with no intention to buy. Guess what? Went back the next morning to offer cheque....:ashamed1:

Maybe it was not a bad idea buying WV after all.....

Dreamerz
16-08-11, 01:23

Not too sure abt that s cannot comment.... M last unit was living room, balcony and both bedrooms all kenn a west sun... It was an investment unit and took me a long time offloading it... So no more west units for me.... No matter how good is the price...

hyenergix
16-08-11, 06:00

Should be quite minimal if the concrete is thick. The east/west sun refers to sun directly shining into the house, building up the heat within due to greenhouse effect.

Kengar
16-08-11, 06:48
Should be quite minimal if the concrete is thick. The east/west sun refers to sun directly shining into the house, building up the heat within due to greenhouse effect.

Another point to add, excluding the vehicular pollution, there are basically 100% ventilation for those west facing units since only a quarry and forestation sit infront. This should help a bit to mitigate the heat with good circulation of air.

desquire
16-08-11, 08:42
Bro, m unit in WV was actually impulsive buying.... Stepped into the showroom during pre launch with no intention to buy. Guess what? Went back the next morning to offer cheque....:ashamed1:

Maybe it was not a bad idea buying WV after all.....

If you were to ask me, I never one regretted this decision of mine. At such a good location, (maybe not to others) and such a price. It's worth it. The stacks also can be rather 'stressful' as it is. All the stacks has its advantages and very well scattered, not too close to one another. :D :D

The only concern I have till today is - will the real completed unit be of the same size as the showroom? Has the showrrom been tweaked to make it more spacious? God knows...:confused:

East Lover
16-08-11, 09:27

Look at this pitcture - it seems the actual units are more toward to west, so we may have more west sun than the showflat!

I tried to draw a line in the site map, yes, MBR wall will hit by west sun, but all of rooms will hit at least around window or 1/3 of room. meaning can't put or table near the windows???

the layout is already so compact, have to give up the window area also???

My current one is south-east facing, super cool. now i'm worry abt my new one .....:scared-5:

fclim
16-08-11, 10:46
Look at this pitcture - it seems the actual units are more toward to west, so we may have more west sun than the showflat!

I tried to draw a line in the site map, yes, MBR wall will hit by west sun, but all of rooms will hit at least around window or 1/3 of room. meaning can't put or table near the windows???

Most corner units tend to have the MBR wall and toilet wall facing west sun, but the orientation is NS for the living room, balcony, bedrooms etc. So no direct sunlight there to heat up the floor, funiture etc. That's why I asked if anybody has this experience that in the night, the MBR is very hot due to the release of heat absorbed during the day.

Concrete acts as a heat sink and absorbs heat during the day and release them at night. However, logically, in the night, the outside air is cooler than the MBR, so naturally, more heat will be released into the atmosphere instead of into the MBR. No data or experience to back this up.

East Lover
16-08-11, 10:56
Most corner units tend to have the MBR wall and toilet wall facing west sun, but the orientation is NS for the living room, balcony, bedrooms etc. So no direct sunlight there to heat up the floor, funiture etc. That's why I asked if anybody has this experience that in the night, the MBR is very hot due to the release of heat absorbed during the day.

Concrete acts as a heat sink and absorbs heat during the day and release them at night. However, logically, in the night, the outside air is cooler than the MBR, so naturally, more heat will be released into the atmosphere instead of into the MBR. No data or experience to back this up.
if you study the picture carefully, you will see the orientation is not NS, but rather South-West/ North-East for living hall and bedrooms. that mean certain amount of direct sunlight will hit inside.

If you visit the showflat, you will notice there are some afternoon sun in the bedrooms, so the actual unit will hit more suns as the actual direction towards to west more... SL even cheap us for the facing!!!

Kengar
16-08-11, 10:58

the layout is already so compact, have to give up the window area also???

My current one is south-east facing, super cool. now i'm worry abt my new one .....:scared-5:

I think a little sun is not bad.. brightens the place and adds energy and life to the rooms.... i probably be one of those "uncle/aunty" to take advantage of the sun to hang my laundries .. sorry to the Reservoir Joggers ! :D :D (i.e. EastLover and Desquire)

East Lover
16-08-11, 12:08
I think a little sun is not bad.. brightens the place and adds energy and life to the rooms.... i probably be one of those "uncle/aunty" to take advantage of the sun to hang my laundries .. sorry to the Reservoir Joggers ! :D :D (i.e. EastLover and Desquire)
pls don't! use your back balcony to dry lah, so big space. Desquire will cry during his jogging :D

East Lover
16-08-11, 12:10
By the way, WV thread turns to page 200!:p;) :D :cheers1: :spliff: :cheers6:

desquire
16-08-11, 12:32
if you study the picture carefully, you will see the orientation is not NS, but rather South-West/ North-East for living hall and bedrooms. that mean certain amount of direct sunlight will hit inside.

If you visit the showflat, you will notice there are some afternoon sun in the bedrooms, so the actual unit will hit more suns as the actual direction towards to west more... SL even cheap us for the facing!!!

We consumers are always cheated left, right, front and back 360 degrees!! This one involves thousands of dollars!!! hehehe. What to do. I think my stack is more like SW facing? Maybe a little light but hopefully blocked by the wing blocks!! The reservoir facing is to 'die-for' sis but in the afternoon a little hot maybe cause it's very open. You get both win and light. This is what we call best of both worlds and fengshui!!

You have air in atmosphere, water in reservoir, fire in sun and metal in your furniture!!!:D

desquire
16-08-11, 12:35

When I pack up for WatervieW, I'm young again!!! Now I'm the West facing!!! My balcony can fry eggs in seconds!!!! But like you mentioned, it helps when it comes to laundry!! Kill germs too!!! Hahahah!!!!

I need the cool-air at WV!!! No more hot laundries!!! Hot pool view maybe!!:p

desquire
16-08-11, 12:37
pls don't! use your back balcony to dry lah, so big space. Desquire will cry during his jogging :D

I will take photo and post over STOMP!!! Kengar's Laundry Shop@WV!!! Sis eastlover, you help me post okies!! hehe :p

desquire
16-08-11, 12:38
By the way, WV thread turns to page 200!:p;) :D :cheers1: :spliff: :cheers6:

Page 888 will come very soon!! Just watch how the 8 is being unveiled....:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D