PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]

East Lover
16-09-13, 13:40
Just realised that our beloved WV thread has just exceeded 7000 posts!

Good job dear FEC! look forward to collect key before we reach to 8000 posts :D

X'mas 2013 party at WV!!!
:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

MelAu
16-09-13, 14:00
Can I check with fellow WVers if we can start reno before SL completes the rectification work raised by owner? We are hoping to move in before CNY, so need to start reno asap after getting keys. My contractor told me to complete the reno before CNY, I need to let them start by 20/12/13 :rolleyes:

Also, any idea if there is intercom at the lobby of each block? Wonder how is the 'security' like in WV.

We tried to sneak into WV last Sat but stopped by the workers. Had a chat with them. They said interior almost complete. Now left with common areas work. They said would complete all by end October. Hmm.. I hope this is true :cheers4:

East Lover
16-09-13, 14:29
usually it's possible, but you have to gain approval/agreement from SL after you collect key. You can ask your contractor to do the rectification work. you can figure out with SL during key collection. actually if no big issue, your ID can just 顺便 fix for you lah.

Sounds good if SL can finish everything by Oct! :cheers1:

now seems only left the greens, function room and the waterfall. the guard house almost done... the drive way is in the good progress now...

i hope i can pay them the carpark completion soonest :D

Can I check with fellow WVers if we can start reno before SL completes the rectification work raised by owner? We are hoping to move in before CNY, so need to start reno asap after getting keys. My contractor told me to complete the reno before CNY, I need to let them start by 20/12/13 :rolleyes:

Also, any idea if there is intercom at the lobby of each block? Wonder how is the 'security' like in WV.

We tried to sneak into WV last Sat but stopped by the workers. Had a chat with them. They said interior almost complete. Now left with common areas work. They said would complete all by end October. Hmm.. I hope this is true :cheers4:

MelAu
16-09-13, 14:59
Thank you Sis EL!

My kids are so looking forward to moving in coz of the kids pool and reservoir. :)

East Lover
16-09-13, 16:25
Shirley is on leave this week...

Eastlover, thought you mentioned there will be a glass screen, indicated by the orange line in SL sketch. Maybe you should call Shirley to confirm.

jbtay
16-09-13, 16:42
Shirley is on leave this week...

What about Stephanie Toh then? :cool:
Stephanie Toh <[email protected]>

East Lover
16-09-13, 17:19
she is not as friendly as Shirley... :D

Mr Tay, maybe you want to call her or write to her? :rolleyes: or our bro kengar? :D

What about Stephanie Toh then? :cool:
Stephanie Toh <[email protected]>

thechoi
16-09-13, 17:37
I heard from my interior designer that many development -EC and condo, were "force" to delay TOP due to some money they deposit with URA or BCA....if they TOP before certain date, their money will be forfited. Don't know how true that is thou....

East Lover
16-09-13, 17:48
how true??? Mr Tay???
:eek::eek::eek::scared-3::scared-3::scared-3::scared-4::scared-4::scared-4:

I heard from my interior designer that many development -EC and condo, were "force" to delay TOP due to some money they deposit with URA or BCA....if they TOP before certain date, their money will be forfited. Don't know how true that is thou....

jbtay
16-09-13, 18:48
There seems to be some security deposit with bca if the developer submits application under the green mark gfs incentive scheme but don't c how this would incentive delay to TOP. Whether development achieves the green mark award can only be computed after TOP. This is to promote use of energy saving schemes. My main worry is developers undersizing pumps, aircon for clubhouse, provide less lighting for general areas, etc just to ensure that the energy consumption per gfa meets the award n qualifies for the incentives at owner's expense. Hope that this is not the case. Everytime administrators come out with a scheme, commercial savvy developers always have a way round it to their benefit.

East Lover
16-09-13, 21:31
上有政策、下有对策 but in a wrong way :D

There seems to be some security deposit with bca if the developer submits application under the green mark gfs incentive scheme but don't c how this would incentive delay to TOP. Whether development achieves the green mark award can only be computed after TOP. This is to promote use of energy saving schemes. My main worry is developers undersizing pumps, aircon for clubhouse, provide less lighting for general areas, etc just to ensure that the energy consumption per gfa meets the award n qualifies for the incentives at owner's expense. Hope that this is not the case. Everytime administrators come out with a scheme, commercial savvy developers always have a way round it to their benefit.

East Lover
17-09-13, 09:54
Since we are not allowed to install windows at backyard (at least during the first year), what's the solution to block the wind and rain? what kind of curtain can do such job except the shower curtain? :D

http://www.backyardcity.com/Images/3L/outdoor-curtain-pool-sm.jpg

desquire
17-09-13, 10:00
Since we are not allowed to install windows at backyard (at least during the first year), what's the solution to block the wind and rain? what kind of curtain can do such job except the shower curtain? :D

Many of them mentioned the use of blinds to 'shoo off' the rain... maybe those waterproof ones. Most likely windows will not be allowed.

I think SL did mention that they will provide us with the
Waterview-Residents Do's and Don'ts
upon TOP, so I guess we'll just have to hang in here a little longer...:jason::jason:

jbtay
17-09-13, 10:55
I'm considering the black and white bamboo blinds with waterproof pvc backing.

desquire
17-09-13, 11:13
I'm considering the black and white bamboo blinds with waterproof pvc backing.

Very nice bro!! I especially love those colonial war homes... still a few left over at Seletar.

Im using the sweet simple bamboo ones. I have them in my balcony now... Just that they will have to be waterproof this time round.

http://industrialsfloor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bamboo-blinds-picture-07.jpg

jbtay
17-09-13, 11:18
Based on what I read from URA and BCA's website, it would appear that the authorities may be more flexible in what is allowed PROVIDED the architect in the first instance has submitted various options to the authorities in their original plan submission. So what options, we will be allowed depends on how hardworking the architect is. It could also be the case that to ensure uniformity and a consistent facade appearance that the architect will only come up with at most two options.
In any case as the condo gets older, at some stage, nobody cares what you do as long as its not entirely outrageous and does not pose a nuisance or hazard to anyone.
I welcome the day when sliding/foldable windows are allowed. :)

guysg27
17-09-13, 20:03
usually it's possible, but you have to gain approval/agreement from SL after you collect key. You can ask your contractor to do the rectification work. you can figure out with SL during key collection. actually if no big issue, your ID can just 顺便 fix for you lah.

Sounds good if SL can finish everything by Oct! :cheers1:

now seems only left the greens, function room and the waterfall. the guard house almost done... the drive way is in the good progress now...

i hope i can pay them the carpark completion soonest :D

Need to start looking for ID. Anyone can recommend and good and reliable ID you guys are using and provide the details so that can start the discussion. Thanks.

East Lover
19-09-13, 09:12
there is almost zero progress for the clubhouse!!!:doh:

everyday see 1 or 2 workers come, show and gone... how many weeks liao? no progress at all! also the trees next to the BBQ in power house, i thought them halfway planted one. today i went to see, still that only one tree!! don't know what are they busy for :simmering:

the only progress i can see is the guidehouse. cute cute (but small:o)

Based on what I read from URA and BCA's website, it would appear that the authorities may be more flexible in what is allowed PROVIDED the architect in the first instance has submitted various options to the authorities in their original plan submission. So what options, we will be allowed depends on how hardworking the architect is. It could also be the case that to ensure uniformity and a consistent facade appearance that the architect will only come up with at most two options.
In any case as the condo gets older, at some stage, nobody cares what you do as long as its not entirely outrageous and does not pose a nuisance or hazard to anyone.
I welcome the day when sliding/foldable windows are allowed. :)

East Lover
19-09-13, 09:13
bro, suggest you go expo to talk to few ID companies first, to get a feel and market rate, then look into the reliable ID recommended by us. that will make you feel comfortable when you receive the quotation from him/her.

I'm using Stanley.

Need to start looking for ID. Anyone can recommend and good and reliable ID you guys are using and provide the details so that can start the discussion. Thanks.

jbtay
19-09-13, 10:17
there is almost zero progress for the clubhouse!!!:doh:

everyday see 1 or 2 workers come, show and gone... how many weeks liao? no progress at all! also the trees next to the BBQ in power house, i thought them halfway planted one. today i went to see, still that only one tree!! don't know what are they busy for :simmering:

the only progress i can see is the guidehouse. cute cute (but small:o)

Maybe we all made too much noise n they got getup with us. Anyway, they need only TOP in 2015 n not be in breach of contract.

East Lover
19-09-13, 11:14
I agree that SL should not rush, at the sacrifice of quality... but they can't just do nothing, no progress like that leh...

although legally they can only TOP in 2015, but that will not benefit them neither...:simmering: they cant collect $$$ before TOP right? all the money we paid is to a special account before TOP correct?

If they finish WV as promised by Nov 2013, it's win-win to everybody :D

Maybe we all made too much noise n they got getup with us. Anyway, they need only TOP in 2015 n not be in breach of contract.

Ay&dktk
19-09-13, 12:54
I agree that SL should not rush, at the sacrifice of quality... but they can't just do nothing, no progress like that leh...

although legally they can only TOP in 2015, but that will not benefit them neither...:simmering: they cant collect $$$ before TOP right? all the money we paid is to a special account before TOP correct?

If they finish WV as promised by Nov 2013, it's win-win to everybody :D

Hi EastLover,
Not to worry too much, am sure SL also wants to end the project quickly to collect our payments to roll other projects or payments for loans they have taken up, if project delay, they will lose margins and profits. I putting my faith in Nov too.
Hopefully blocks along Ave10 have their protective window film remove = units is 99% ready and security like fencing & guard house plus internal roadway+carparks is ready by end Oct, then I can smell the TOP...

My sis who own a unit in Livia (pasir ris, CDL) collect her keys when the carpark, her block and landscape is only 90% ready

East Lover
19-09-13, 13:29
Thank you!! You lighten my day! :D

i noticed more and more blocks have turned on the lift lobby lights, including the famous turtle blocks (our dear desquire's one ;)). but mine still in dark...

Does this lobby light presenting something? if PH terrace glass fence completed, the entire block consided done? so lift lobby lights can be on?

Hi EastLover,
Not to worry too much, am sure SL also wants to end the project quickly to collect our payments to roll other projects or payments for loans they have taken up, if project delay, they will lose margins and profits. I putting my faith in Nov too.
Hopefully blocks along Ave10 have their protective window film remove = units is 99% ready and security like fencing & guard house plus internal roadway+carparks is ready by end Oct, then I can smell the TOP...

My sis who own a unit in Livia (pasir ris, CDL) collect her keys when the carpark, her block and landscape is only 90% ready

desquire
19-09-13, 15:05

i noticed more and more blocks have turned on the lift lobby lights, including the famous turtle blocks (our dear desquire's one ;)). but mine still in dark...

Does this lobby light presenting something? if PH terrace glass fence completed, the entire block consided done? so lift lobby lights can be on?

Haha. My block always last la. I think you can queue up for your keys soon... Mine will be last of the lot... Doesn't matter la. Not much of a difference to me also. :D

Ay&dktk
19-09-13, 15:36

Hi EL, this am not too sure, maybe SL do differently from CDL, when my sis move in after 2months, her block lobby is still not 100% complete, the lifts's internal is still covered by wooden panels, it's like walking into a wooden box! The landscaping+function room is still doing the final completion works. However, the perimeter fencing and guard house is operation and so does the block's entrance security system. Initially there is some theft issues (lost of bicycle from the parking lots), other then tat, it took additional 6 more months before they start to clean up. Therefore I am hopeful SL would do the same, as long as the units is ready and security is operation, carparks, roads and walkway is ready, I dun see what is the hold up as TOP and minor works can do concurrently.

kEN9170
19-09-13, 19:28
When you see guards on duty, it means TOP soon.

If Bedok Mall can ready by Xmas, I don't see Why WV cannot.

Stoney Stone Stone
19-09-13, 22:59

If Bedok Mall can ready by Xmas, I don't see Why WV cannot.

I really doubt that the Bedok Mall can be ready by Xmas.
But I believe WV's guard will be on duty before Xmas.

East Lover
19-09-13, 23:50
祝大家中秋快乐,月圆人团圆,早日入住美丽家园!
:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

East Lover
19-09-13, 23:51
Thank you! :D

I really doubt that the Bedok Mall can be ready by Xmas.
But I believe WV's guard will be on duty before Xmas.

radha08
20-09-13, 06:56

If Bedok Mall can ready by Xmas,

just dont end up like jem mall:scared-5::scared-5::scared-5:

East Lover
20-09-13, 14:55
Anyone has the model picture of WV entry? Especially the facing ave 1 blocks? I don't think they are building a drive way leh, cause I saw they laying some something taller than the road. Landscaping?? ;)

The guard house is really in good shape, but club house still no progress. Same house different speed :doh:

jbtay
20-09-13, 17:10
Anyone has the model picture of WV entry? Especially the facing ave 1 blocks? I don't think they are building a drive way leh, cause I saw they laying some something taller than the road. Landscaping?? ;)

The guard house is really in good shape, but club house still no progress. Same house different speed :doh:

Based on site plan, the roadway along Ave 1 ends near the water feature, the main roadway goes to the clubhouse and continues around the corner up to the BBQ area on the reservoir side. Taxi drop-off will have to be at the club house and turn around. Unlike the older condos eg AqBP which has roadway all round the entire estate.

East Lover
20-09-13, 17:27
Thank you Mr. Tay!! U are so resourceful ;)

So along ave 10 & ave 1 will be integrated green with the first floor landscaping. They haven't touched ave 10 side yet, another 2 mths to complete? :(

Also, need to lay decking for swimming pools, club house, and long viewing gallery from BBQ pits to ave 10, even concurrently doing, also another 2 mths? :scared-3:

Street lamp installed, baby pool lighting under the seating on already n realy nice :) tall trees all planted, they are busy for the grass, flowers n bushes now.

Driveway is quite straightforward I think? The BBQ huge roof only one day job? Flooring for tennis court n basketball court not started...

What else they haven't started? Maybe we cross check with the site map to avoid any surprise :scared-3:

Will there be some underneath lighting between baby pool & adult pool? I can't tell if its installed...

Based on site plan, the roadway along Ave 1 ends near the water feature, the main roadway goes to the clubhouse and continues around the corner up to the BBQ area on the reservoir side. Taxi drop-off will have to be at the club house and turn around. Unlike the older condos eg AqBP which has roadway all round the entire estate.

East Lover
20-09-13, 17:37
Mr. Tay, can I trouble u to share the clubhouse model photo as well? I really wonder how come there is zero progress for this small building. Any technical challenge they are facing? How fantasy will this clubhouse be? :doh:

It's not 慢工出细活,it's rather 磨洋工, the workers just come here show face everyday, then gone, don't know what's the dirty trick are they playing...:hell-hath-no-fury:

desquire
20-09-13, 17:52
Thank you Mr. Tay!! U are so resourceful ;)

So along ave 10 & ave 1 will be integrated green with the first floor landscaping. They haven't touched ave 10 side yet, another 2 mths to complete? :(

Also, need to lay decking for swimming pools, club house, and long viewing gallery from BBQ pits to ave 10, even concurrently doing, also another 2 mths? :scared-3:

Street lamp installed, baby pool lighting under the seating on already n realy nice :) tall trees all planted, they are busy for the grass, flowers n bushes now.

Driveway is quite straightforward I think? The BBQ huge roof only one day job? Flooring for tennis court n basketball court not started...

What else they haven't started? Maybe we cross check with the site map to avoid any surprise :scared-3:

Will there be some underneath lighting between baby pool & adult pool? I can't tell if its installed...

There's a patch of constellation lights between the two pools. Underneath I'm not too sure. Hehe. So it will look like some zodiac symbols on the floor between them. :D

jbtay
20-09-13, 20:42
If you enter WV project number below into the BCA plan application status, you will see that a number of submissions of certified as-built structural plans require re-submission. IS SL awaiting for these submissions to be accepted before they commence the interior and tiling works?

A1378-00001-2010
https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ProcessCDNew.aspx

Pics of clubhouse attached. Lovely isn't it. :D

desquire
20-09-13, 22:02
If you enter WV project number below into the BCA plan application status, you will see that a number of submissions of certified as-built structural plans require re-submission. IS SL awaiting for these submissions to be accepted before they commence the interior and tiling works?

A1378-00001-2010

I hope the end product will turn out well. The incident at Jem is for everyone to take seriously. This is what happens with low quality products and building using Lego blocks. It's really an eye-opener. Scary!!:(

East Lover
20-09-13, 23:32
Really lovely clubhouse ! Thank u Mr Tay!

Need cert for clubhouse hah? I think one of the possible reasons is that: the actual implementation is different from the original design spec! From the first photo, u can see the piles are in the centre, but the actual one is connected to the driveway wall, and straight. Of course it's more secure n reliable for the revised design.

So they need to gain permission for every steps in this clubhouse, that explains why no progress for so long :rolleyes:

---------
A1378-00001-2010 BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT AS-BUILT STRUCTURAL PLAN
BCA-BE-CTASST-BEV/C3 PROCESSED 04/09/2013 14:01:18 Submission Summary
A1378-00001-2010 BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT OF SUPERVISION OF PILING WORK
BCA-BE-QPCTPW-BEV/C1 PROCESSING 22/08/2013 17:38:07 Submission Summary
A1378-00001-2010 BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT SUPERVISION STRUCTURAL WORK
BCA-BE-QPCTSSW-BEV/C2 PROCESSED 04/09/2013 14:01:18 Submission Summary
A1378-00001-2010 PERMIT TO CARRY OUT STRUCTURAL WORKS PERMIT ISSUED 29/07/2013 11:29:40 Submission

A1378-00001-2010

East Lover
20-09-13, 23:34
SL already implemented a much stable way. I will worry if they adopted the original design in photo 1 :D

Don't worry, WV will be the real gem in the east! :cheers4:

I hope the end product will turn out well. The incident at Jem is for everyone to take seriously. This is what happens with low quality products and building using Lego blocks. It's really an eye-opener. Scary!!:(

East Lover
20-09-13, 23:50
I took some photos of WV tonight by my little iPhone ... The driveway lamp are ready, also got light to the tree along the drive way. WV is beautiful under the moonlight :)

Bro kengar can help to choose a few to upload?:D

jbtay
21-09-13, 08:13
Eastlover, you vy observant, yes, vertical column certainly cheaper to build than a slanted one n don't have to be so thick :)

jbtay
21-09-13, 12:21
From our ever generous and hardworking EastGuy :cheers1:

East Lover
21-09-13, 20:38
From our ever generous and hardworking EastGuy :cheers1:
Thank you Mr Tay and bro EastGuy!!! You are so hardworking :)

East Lover
22-09-13, 00:04
I was quoted 7K for the backyard storage :scared-3:

So I'm thinking of the alternative solution... Is the 2meter wardrobe with big drawers serve the same purpose? :rolleyes:

jbtay
22-09-13, 11:12
I was quoted 7K for the backyard storage :scared-3:

So I'm thinking of the alternative solution... Is the 2meter wardrobe with big drawers serve the same purpose? :rolleyes:

Wow, by Stan? I will just put 2 Keter Utility Cabinets, total 1.3m, Height 1.77m,45cm depth = 2x$229. Two different designs, one can fit in brooms, mops etc. For washing powder, rags, vacuum cleaner, etc. Weatherproof, can even use it to shield the rain...ha ha. Still awaiting quote from Stan, 2 weeks already..

East Lover
22-09-13, 13:54
Yes, but he provided very good solution to fully utilize the entire backyard... I will think hard for this.

For the off-shelf wardrobe, its not practical, i did some goolge after post n founf som feedback that it may develop a lot of moulds.... So may have to use heavy duty rack, although its ugly :D

Wow, by Stan? I will just put 2 Keter Utility Cabinets, total 1.3m, Height 1.77m,45cm depth = 2x$229. Two different designs, one can fit in brooms, mops etc. For washing powder, rags, vacuum cleaner, etc. Weatherproof, can even use it to shield the rain...ha ha. Still awaiting quote from Stan, 2 weeks already..

angiedan78
22-09-13, 20:02
Yes, but he provided very good solution to fully utilize the entire backyard... I will think hard for this.

For the off-shelf wardrobe, its not practical, i did some goolge after post n founf som feedback that it may develop a lot of moulds.... So may have to use heavy duty rack, although its ugly :D

Hi sis EL
Who's this Stanley, can we get Reno quotations from him. Thks

athenl
22-09-13, 20:14

I intend to put just racks in the yard and drying ledge.
Think the most will have dust, but will develop moulds?
How is the mould developed?

athenl
22-09-13, 20:17
WVers
Any advice on the open concept kitchen ID?
And any advice where to position the fridge?
Especially for 2+1,...

thechoi
22-09-13, 22:02

Just to share personal experience.... i engage a designer from the expo and paid a deposit of 3.4k for them to start drafting.... then i start to realise that the designer assigned is very inexperience- cant do this and that and no experience in using some mayerial. I have no choice but to forgo the 3.4k and seek a family frez who is in the renovation line for help.
An advise.... when you go to designer, if they require a certain % of deposite from you, get them to quote just the minimum so that the deposit is small...

zeamybro
22-09-13, 22:18
I think it's ok to sit down and discuss with the interior designers to seek their ideas and advice to explore on the possible designs and furniture layouts.. But no advisible to commit to them before top.

Before my unit top.. I got some IDs to do some 2D drawings for me foc.. And finally paid one to do a few 3d drawings for me. In the end.. My actual unit turned out to be quite different from what we have imagined from the floor plans.. Such as the positioning of the power points, color schemes of the in built wardrobe and cabinets and having extra beams somewhere ....

jeff83
22-09-13, 22:25
WVers
Any advice on the open concept kitchen ID?
And any advice where to position the fridge?
Especially for 2+1,...

I intend to move the fridge into the yard area, requested for sim lian to not build the wall at where the 3rd toilet is. Hopefully fridge can fit in. Then the kitchen becomes open concept, can place a dining table at where the fridge is suggested to be placed at. ID also suggested to build some cabinets at the yard area to provide more storage space.

athenl
23-09-13, 07:59
I intend to move the fridge into the yard area, requested for sim lian to not build the wall at where the 3rd toilet is. Hopefully fridge can fit in. Then the kitchen becomes open concept, can place a dining table at where the fridge is suggested to be placed at. ID also suggested to build some cabinets at the yard area to provide more storage space.

I also think of moving the fridge into the yard, but I did not ask SL not to build the wall, not sure whether able to fit in a slim tall fridge,..
Tried to avoid any wet work, so that renovation will not take a long time,...

Noexit
23-09-13, 09:00
Wow that really a very bad experience and expensive lesson. Usually most ID will be quote using the total renovation cost and add in a small % for the project management and ID for the renovation and only full payment made after the whole renovation done. Upfront they only block certain amount of the renovation cost.

Just to share personal experience.... i engage a designer from the expo and paid a deposit of 3.4k for them to start drafting.... then i start to realise that the designer assigned is very inexperience- cant do this and that and no experience in using some mayerial. I have no choice but to forgo the 3.4k and seek a family frez who is in the renovation line for help.
An advise.... when you go to designer, if they require a certain % of deposite from you, get them to quote just the minimum so that the deposit is small...

East Lover
23-09-13, 09:25
Hi Angie,

Stanley is my designer for my Tropica. He did a good job!
http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/

you may have seen this one before in newspaper - he turned a small HDB flat into a moden MM :)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uKVzhr5tQh8/UetSHCgJR8I/AAAAAAAANIE/KRSUU6963JM/s400/living-rm-9.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uKVzhr5tQh8/UetSHCgJR8I/AAAAAAAANIE/KRSUU6963JM/s1600/living-rm-9.jpg)

Hi sis EL
Who's this Stanley, can we get Reno quotations from him. Thks

East Lover
23-09-13, 09:37
The mouldy issue i heard from many 'big' name - IKEA, COURTS n vhive :D

The wood they used for wardrobe was not dry totally. so when installed at home, few weeks time you will see the white or black spots of mould be developed.

so if we put at backyard, i guess it will be developed even faster... so the conclusion - use the heavy-duty rack, or the outdoor cabinet recommended by Mr Tay.

I intend to put just racks in the yard and drying ledge.
Think the most will have dust, but will develop moulds?
How is the mould developed?

East Lover
23-09-13, 09:41
sad to know this... i think better dont commit anything, no money, no deposit, just simple quotation, before you collect key.

The actual implementation may be far away from your imagination of floorplan :(

I was shocked (and disappointed) when i sneaked into my unit :scared-3: what i can say is the new condo is getting smaller and smaller than your imagination... try not to buy anything before key collected :tsk-tsk:

East Lover
23-09-13, 09:42
my bro, that's really true. thanks for the first-hand experience sharing :)

I think it's ok to sit down and discuss with the interior designers to seek their ideas and advice to explore on the possible designs and furniture layouts.. But no advisible to commit to them before top.

Before my unit top.. I got some IDs to do some 2D drawings for me foc.. And finally paid one to do a few 3d drawings for me. In the end.. My actual unit turned out to be quite different from what we have imagined from the floor plans.. Such as the positioning of the power points, color schemes of the in built wardrobe and cabinets and having extra beams somewhere ....

jbtay
23-09-13, 21:43
Pic 1 - 3+1 bedder showflat - dimensions of bdrm 2
Pic 2 - a 3 bedder - actual measurement (about 5% less)
Pic 3 - 3+1 backyard toilet
Pic 4 - 2+1 backyard toilet ?????
Pic 5 - Gate to lift lobby - level 1
Pic 6 - as above

No comments from me ....

athenl
23-09-13, 21:57
sad to know this... i think better dont commit anything, no money, no deposit, just simple quotation, before you collect key.

The actual implementation may be far away from your imagination of floorplan :(

I was shocked (and disappointed) when i sneaked into my unit :scared-3: what i can say is the new condo is getting smaller and smaller than your imagination... try not to buy anything before key collected :tsk-tsk:

EL, did you have a chance to see other layout? ;)
Not sure how small is mine, but I think I may need to change swing doors to sliding doors, to 'enlarge' the space,...now I need to think how to change that for wardrobe,...

jjtio
24-09-13, 08:34
EL, did you have a chance to see other layout? ;)
Not sure how small is mine, but I think I may need to change swing doors to sliding doors, to 'enlarge' the space,...now I need to think how to change that for wardrobe,...

me too. i requested SL then to change to sliding but it wasnt allowed. u either get the default wardrobes or do ur own. :(

East Lover
24-09-13, 09:48
Mr Tay, thanks a lot! you are so kind!!

Regarding to this one "Pic 2 - a 3 bedder - actual measurement (about 5% less)", can we accept like this???

We are already short of space, and yet they ...:hell-hath-no-fury:

Pic 1 - 3+1 bedder showflat - dimensions of bdrm 2
Pic 2 - a 3 bedder - actual measurement (about 5% less)
Pic 3 - 3+1 backyard toilet
Pic 4 - 2+1 backyard toilet ?????
Pic 5 - Gate to lift lobby - level 1
Pic 6 - as above

No comments from me ....

jbtay
24-09-13, 09:59
Mr Tay, thanks a lot! you are so kind!!

Regarding to this one "Pic 2 - a 3 bedder - actual measurement (about 5% less)", can we accept like this???

We are already short of space, and yet they ...:hell-hath-no-fury:

Unfortunately, I believe the S&P agreement only looks at the total floor area, so if total floor area is within 3% of the contract, owner has no claim against SL. Theoretically, therefore if one room is less than 10% of measurement in showfalt, but SL provides bigger balconies/ backyard or even aircon ledge, really, the only recourse if goes to arbitration would be to argue on "reasonableness" under common law. However 5% below "may" possibly be difficult to argue, unless its a case of a single bed can't even go in or something like that.. Also this is just one unit's measurement, not sure if this is atypical, possibly the same stack will have this measurement, but what about other stacks?

I think, lets wait for the whole complete package before commenting. Lets see the whole product. There has to be some give and take here...:cheers1:

Shadus
24-09-13, 10:12
Sim Lian is very experienced builder... don't place our hopes too high on them not meeting the +- 3% of the floor area.

Also, from an experienced ID I know, he told me that from his experience, no developer actually miss the +- 3% contractual rule.

Thus as buyers, we need to be very aware when we visit showflats... ie understand how a 110sqm house actually is, look at showflat and the layout on paper and not be fooled by showflat. For those buying to invest, they won't have such stress. For those to stay... really have to be realistic about our expectation. WV is a 105/110sqm flat, with 2 generous size balcony.... something have to give.

atta
24-09-13, 15:21

Wow..... That's bad. Real rip off. I didn't pay a single cent n my 3D is already half done. N sorry to say, I think Stanley is a little too proud n I dun think his quote is cheap.... It very impt to find a reliable n trusted one so u wun suspect he's ripping u off.... Most impt, no payment until super confirmed.

angiedan78
24-09-13, 15:38
Hi Angie,

Stanley is my designer for my Tropica. He did a good job!
http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/

you may have seen this one before in newspaper - he turned a small HDB flat into a moden MM :)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uKVzhr5tQh8/UetSHCgJR8I/AAAAAAAANIE/KRSUU6963JM/s400/living-rm-9.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uKVzhr5tQh8/UetSHCgJR8I/AAAAAAAANIE/KRSUU6963JM/s1600/living-rm-9.jpg)

Hi sis EL,

I'm actually Danny Lim, hubby of Angie, we registered condosingapore via angiedan78.
thanks for the info but do u happen to have Stanley no as we could not find it in the website.

thanks

East Lover
24-09-13, 17:08
he is famous now, so getting busier... don't think he is proud leh.... rather, he is shy shy type...

he is not cheap definetely, his designer fee is few things more than other expo ID company. but i like his taste, he did a good job for my current one.

i agreed with you for the payment part - no $$$ deposit until you are very sure, double confirmed...

Wow..... That's bad. Real rip off. I didn't pay a single cent n my 3D is already half done. N sorry to say, I think Stanley is a little too proud n I dun think his quote is cheap.... It very impt to find a reliable n trusted one so u wun suspect he's ripping u off.... Most impt, no payment until super confirmed.

East Lover
24-09-13, 17:25
Sorry Danny, I'm too smart to guess your name wrongly :p

Ok I will PM you later..

Hi sis EL,

I'm actually Danny Lim, hubby of Angie, we registered condosingapore via angiedan78.
thanks for the info but do u happen to have Stanley no as we could not find it in the website.

thanks

zeamybro
24-09-13, 17:59
IDs can give you very wonderful designs, and they look very wonderful on 3D drawings, but please be very very selective in the types of materials used. I personally think there is a limit in the quality which local carpentry could achieve.. most using laminates with ugly edges (ABS streaming is only suitable for materials up to a certain thickness)... vs those made in high tech factories.

athenl
24-09-13, 22:11
me too. i requested SL then to change to sliding but it wasnt allowed. u either get the default wardrobes or do ur own. :(

Changing the door to slide type is easier than the wardrobe right?
if it is a challenge, the only thing I can think of is to remove the door which is holding by a hinge and to install a curtain type, may not look very nice,..

Could we change to sliding type without removing the wardrobe, any advice?

Denlim
24-09-13, 22:22
Changing the door to slide type is easier than the wardrobe right?
if it is a challenge, the only thing I can think of is to remove the door which is holding by a hinge and to install a curtain type, may not look very nice,..

Could we change to sliding type without removing the wardrobe, any advice?

I have previously checked with my ID and other contractors and it seems that changing the wardrobe doors to sliding could be a challenge as we need to have thread running along the wardrobe and to have these threads mounted on extensions that needs to be custom made. The cost may be high even if its possible. However, appreciate any other feedbacks as I am still hoping that this can be done so to save up some space :-)

East Lover
25-09-13, 09:24
Yes I asked the same question before.

SL - it's not possible to provide, as they order mass product, not able to alter or order diff type.

ID - it's too expensive to change, reason given is as same as yours...

So just accept whatever it is. if not happy, few years later, remove it and replace with a sliding door type during your mini-reno.

Frankly, i have both sliding door and swing door type wardrobes in my house, i think the swing one is easier to use and access :o

So i will accept the default wardrobe in WV, and put only necessary furnitures in the bedrooms..

I have previously checked with my ID and other contractors and it seems that changing the wardrobe doors to sliding could be a challenge as we need to have thread running along the wardrobe and to have these threads mounted on extensions that needs to be custom made. The cost may be high even if its possible. However, appreciate any other feedbacks as I am still hoping that this can be done so to save up some space :-)

thechoi
26-09-13, 11:08

Wow, How do you get the designer to do the 3d without deposit? Most big design firm will ask for deposit if i am not wrong.

atta
26-09-13, 11:37
Wow, How do you get the designer to do the 3d without deposit? Most big design firm will ask for deposit if i am not wrong.

Yea. The ID is really eager to do business.... U can really feel who's really sincere.

Maybe just to clarify, I went to a few.. Including Stanley. He didn't even ask much n straightaway just tell me he dun do hdb... N after we met once, he gave a quote .... Not even a courtesy call to fix an appt to discuss on the quote.... The quote he gave me... I can find tonnes of them in any exhibition. Perhaps he's too busy or just not in the right mood. He gave me a quote months after I met him. I just am very upset coz he wasted my time n energy to drive to his office n to get a normal quote months after.

The 2 IDs I went to were referred by friends who has gd reviews. N price reasonable. I'm still thinking of which to use between the two ladies. :)))

Btw, they showed me their portfolio. Between the 3D drawings n actual.. I compare side by side.. Hmm.. Slight difference but looks almost same... So.. Rmb to get them to show u their works.

jbtay
26-09-13, 14:01
Hi ATTA, I am sorry to hear of your experience. Not sure if we are talking about the same person, as my initial experience so far is quite different. In fact, I didn't even need to go to his office as he met me at my home and spent 1.5 hours discussing concepts and observing our lifestyle, likes and dislikes.
As you mentioned, perhaps the need for more biz is different at different times, though still this should not be the case. Our initial experience is we find Stanley approachable and unassuming. We have not yet proceeded with the engagement yet, but his works do speak for themselves. Of course, we have not gone to that many IDs as to be able to judge meaningfully. Cost wise, may not be easy to compare. Thanks for your sharing. :)

minami-san
26-09-13, 14:03
with our small living space, we really need to use good design to create more space. Here's wishing everyone lotsa luck in designing their akan datang waterview!

Yea. The ID is really eager to do business.... U can really feel who's really sincere.

Maybe just to clarify, I went to a few.. Including Stanley. He didn't even ask much n straightaway just tell me he dun do hdb... N after we met once, he gave a quote .... Not even a courtesy call to fix an appt to discuss on the quote.... The quote he gave me... I can find tonnes of them in any exhibition. Perhaps he's too busy or just not in the right mood. He gave me a quote months after I met him. I just am very upset coz he wasted my time n energy to drive to his office n to get a normal quote months after.

The 2 IDs I went to were referred by friends who has gd reviews. N price reasonable. I'm still thinking of which to use between the two ladies. :)))

Btw, they showed me their portfolio. Between the 3D drawings n actual.. I compare side by side.. Hmm.. Slight difference but looks almost same... So.. Rmb to get them to show u their works.

rymccondo77
26-09-13, 15:05
with our small living space, we really need to use good design to create more space. Here's wishing everyone lotsa luck in designing their akan datang waterview!

50 beautiful storage ideas for a small house:

http://smallhousedesign.net/50-beautiful-storage-ideas-for-small-house-part-1/

athenl
26-09-13, 22:52

Hi atta, may I know what is your layout? having problem to think on the open concept kitchen,...

atta
27-09-13, 12:50
Hi ATTA, I am sorry to hear of your experience. Not sure if we are talking about the same person, as my initial experience so far is quite different. In fact, I didn't even need to go to his office as he met me at my home and spent 1.5 hours discussing concepts and observing our lifestyle, likes and dislikes.
As you mentioned, perhaps the need for more biz is different at different times, though still this should not be the case. Our initial experience is we find Stanley approachable and unassuming. We have not yet proceeded with the engagement yet, but his works do speak for themselves. Of course, we have not gone to that many IDs as to be able to judge meaningfully. Cost wise, may not be easy to compare. Thanks for your sharing. :)

Hi big bro Tay, ya I was super surprised too with the service. I still kept an email of him quoting the excuses for the many months of non reply.. Nevertheless, I wish everyone here will find a trustable n gd ID, one whom u can fully trust... His quote is at least 30% higher than the rest. Of coz I'm mindful of materials used as well. Perhaps that's before bargaining which all ID anticipates. Good luck in ur search. We'll get to meet real soon. :)))

atta
27-09-13, 12:58
Hi atta, may I know what is your layout? having problem to think on the open concept kitchen,...

Dear athenl, mine is a 2+1. The kitchen is already open. Due to fengshui purpose, where the stove cannot be facing the main door, I'm doing a clear glass coverup. Hence it will still look "open" n "spacious". Will hv a glass sliding into the tiny kitchen which I dun use... Lol.

My ID is coming with her 3D artist later at 4pm to my office... For the 4th time.. To show me the 3D effect.
Oh n ask if wallpapers is with "sealers" or not..

angiedan78
27-09-13, 21:17
Dear athenl, mine is a 2+1. The kitchen is already open. Due to fengshui purpose, where the stove cannot be facing the main door, I'm doing a clear glass coverup. Hence it will still look "open" n "spacious". Will hv a glass sliding into the tiny kitchen which I dun use... Lol.

My ID is coming with her 3D artist later at 4pm to my office... For the 4th time.. To show me the 3D effect.

Hi atta, can recommend ur ID to us, we've about the same concept too, ours is a 2-bedder, my contact is HP: 9006 2349.

Thank u
Danny

athenl
27-09-13, 21:37

Dear atta, same layout also,...I also think of cover-up, if not frying an egg also can smell everywhere,...but quite ex leh, still thinking now,...
How about fridge? you think can squeeze into the yard? if not, dun even have space for dining table,...
How is your ID? Reasonable quote? Howadays, just carpentry can cost how much har?

athenl
27-09-13, 21:47
I sent to Shirely. Let's see any good news from her.... cross finger now :cheers1:

Hi EL, you have any reply from Shirley?

IamSailing
28-09-13, 13:40

I also have a 2+1, and I want to remove the wall in yard and move the kitchen into yard. Then part of the old kitchen can be used as dining area. Yard is kind of waste to me. But moving kitchen costs higher of course.

How is the glass cover up designed? Could you please share with me? Thanks a lot.

athenl
29-09-13, 11:05
I also have a 2+1, and I want to remove the wall in yard and move the kitchen into yard. Then part of the old kitchen can be used as dining area. Yard is kind of waste to me. But moving kitchen costs higher of course.

How is the glass cover up designed? Could you please share with me? Thanks a lot.

Hi, when you mention the wall in the yard is the WC wall?
Cannot imagine how to move the kitchen into yard,...
I only think how to move fridge to yard,...

jbtay
30-09-13, 08:53
Courtesy of Eastguy and Pamela Aubrey
Still some way to go...:beats-me-man:

IamSailing
30-09-13, 12:50
Hi, when you mention the wall in the yard is the WC wall?
Cannot imagine how to move the kitchen into yard,...
I only think how to move fridge to yard,...

I also want to move the wall between living room and yard into living room a bit, so the yard area can be bigger for a small kitchen.

East Lover
30-09-13, 13:44
Hi Mr Tay, Eastguy and Pamela, thanks a lot for your great weekly update!

Frankly no much progress from last N weeks... :mad:

Courtesy of Eastguy and Pamela Aubrey
Still some way to go...:beats-me-man:

athenl
30-09-13, 22:04
I also want to move the wall between living room and yard into living room a bit, so the yard area can be bigger for a small kitchen.

wow, you are so adventurous,..
I dun dare to make too much changes, not sure how it will turn out, and have to spend so much to find out the truth later, if 3D and reality have difference,...

East Lover
02-10-13, 11:28
dear FEC, i noticed that SL is laying the decking for the pool side and BBQ pits, and landscaping is good progress.

only.................only the silly function room no progress at all :banghead: every time i go to take a look, always can see one or two workers pretending work there, but i didn't see any big progress after so many weeks.:simmering:

what's really going on? changing the slanting pole to a straight one should be much easier to be approved right??

Mr Tay, can you please enlighten us? :rolleyes:

Why this piling work permission still pending? for 2 months already? :beats-me-man:

A1378-00001-2010 (https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ShowCDNew.aspx?Pro_Ref_No=A1378-00001-2010&APP_TYPE=BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT OF SUPERVISION OF PILING WORK)
BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT OF SUPERVISION OF PILING WORK
BCA-BE-QPCTPW-BEV/C1PROCESSING22/08/2013 17:38:07

East Lover
02-10-13, 11:36
Supervision of Piling Work

Supervision is utmost important in piling work. The durability of the entire building depends on the amount of quality work done in the foundation with adequate precision. The confirmation of the degree of safety and level of strength of the super-structure are also performed through field tests during the piling work. This paper presents the details of a pile foundation construction in Bangladesh and the quality control methods employed.

-------------
Supervision of Piling Works for
Engineers and Supervisory Personnel

Various challenges are present in pile foundation works due to the uncertainties and variability of the ground conditions. Once the piles are installed, they are expected to function throughout their lives. During the lifetime of the building, the foundation is rarely inspected for its continued structural integrity and stability. Supervision of piling works for building foundation is therefore essential and critical in ensuring the quality of construction works and safety of building structures.

----------------
the question is: which piling works are they pending for 2 mths??? that clubhouse??

A1378-00001-2010 (https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/ShowCDNew.aspx?Pro_Ref_No=A1378-00001-2010&APP_TYPE=BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT OF SUPERVISION OF PILING WORK)
BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT OF SUPERVISION OF PILING WORK
BCA-BE-QPCTPW-BEV/C1
PROCESSING
22/08/2013 17:38:07

jbtay
03-10-13, 10:33
Hi Eastlover
Ha ha, not sure what is happening, can ask them on 12 Oct if things still not moving... Just look at Minton ..so nice, ready to TOP. Though I wouldn't fancy staying there .. at least not for elderly folks like me ... I prefer a simpler layout, to enjoy nature and walk in the woods. Minton looks more like a theme park, good for younger folks with little children... but maintenance costs can be an issue when the estate gets older.... Will pm you later after lunch :ashamed1:
Cheers

jbtay
03-10-13, 16:45
Hello Eastlover, your PM folder is full. :D

East Lover
03-10-13, 17:20
just cleared for one more PM :D

Hello Eastlover, your PM folder is full. :D

jbtay
05-10-13, 13:22
Thought its going to be a dreary Saturday with the early morning drizzle and dark clouds, but our wonderful EastGuy has brighten our day :D. Thank you. Also one pic from Pam on the 3 lighting points in kitchen/dining/living for the 2BR.
Enjoy.

iknow
05-10-13, 15:41
Thought its going to be a dreary Saturday with the early morning drizzle and dark clouds, but our wonderful EastGuy has brighten our day :D. Thank you. Also one pic from Pam on the 3 lighting points in kitchen/dining/living for the 2BR.
Enjoy.

Hi is the door to door distance between the units very close to each other?

jbtay
06-10-13, 14:17
Hi is the door to door distance between the units very close to each other?

Based on the scale plan attached to the Sales Agreement, the following appears to be the approx separation distances:

Btw 3+1 and 3 Bedder - 2m (facing directly opp each other)
Btw 2+1 and 2 bedder - 4.4m (facing directly opp each other)
Btw 3 bedder and 2 bedder - 4.8m (side by side taking door centreline)
Btw 3+1 and 2+1 - 4.8m (side by side taking door centreline)

iknow
06-10-13, 16:38
Based on the scale plan attached to the Sales Agreement, the following appears to be the approx separation distances:

Thanks. But for those who have been to the site, pls advise if the 2m is too close for comfort. Tks

kenny2610
06-10-13, 20:35
Latest update the guard house is completed and the front area of the guard house is open:) will post a pic when I go by again

payel
06-10-13, 22:30
Just wondering how 2+1unit's kitchen will look...anybody having any photo...? thanks in advance...

East Lover
07-10-13, 09:51
Thank you Mr Tay, East Guy and Pam!

Enjoy.

East Lover
07-10-13, 09:53
So I presume the 3 bedder and 4 bedder door to door distance will be 2M also? it's really very very near :simmering:

i don't know what to say, in such a blue monday....:o

jbtay
07-10-13, 10:36
So I presume the 3 bedder and 4 bedder door to door distance will be 2M also? it's really very very near :simmering:

i don't know what to say, in such a blue monday....:o

Can hold hands and hug each other every morning and every evening :D
More pics from Pam. Seems like more and more horrifying revelations :scared-5:

East Lover
07-10-13, 10:40
can ask her to take my stack 09 or not? :D

i really want to figure out how big is my back yard, how close to my neighbour

jbtay
07-10-13, 11:28
I have now come to the conclusion that there is a clear distinction between a yard, service yard and a balcony, regardless of whether the balcony is in front of the living room or next to a yard, as in a back balcony, as in WV case for the 3 & 4 bedder.

I believe service yards are allowed to be enclosed but not balcony. Hence in WV case, there is a metal gate installed at the demarcation between the Yard and the Balcony. To me, the metal gate serves no purpose except to emphasize to the resident that beyond the yard is the balcony, which therefore cannot be fully enclosed. I think should anyone decide to put a door in place of the metal gate, that would be allowed.

desquire
07-10-13, 15:32
I have now come to the conclusion that there is a clear distinction between a yard, service yard and a balcony, regardless of whether the balcony is in front of the living room or next to a yard, as in a back balcony, as in WV case for the 3 & 4 bedder.

I believe service yards are allowed to be enclosed but not balcony. Hence in WV case, there is a metal gate installed at the demarcation between the Yard and the Balcony. To me, the metal gate serves no purpose except to emphasize to the resident that beyond the yard is the balcony, which therefore cannot be fully enclosed. I think should anyone decide to put a door in place of the metal gate, that would be allowed.

True bro, come to think of it. I like your 'Horrifying Revelations' series. The most popular horror show will come alive very soon. Bigger than Halloween Horror Nights and revealed upon the living daylights-not afraid of sunshine.

Upon TOP, the ghost will be unleashed, the screaming will siren the place with the tick of the clock. I can assure you the WV 'Horror-book' Red series will be flooded with unlike endlessly... Every possible corners... Till then, let the mood sets in...:jason::jason:

jbtay
07-10-13, 15:59
Ha ha, Bro Desquire. I like the visualization you just painted. You must be teaching Literature or should be. :D Our day of reckoning is coming. But I'm sure we won't get a lemon, cause we didn't pay lemon price. But definitely won't get durians, but at least hoping it would be a grapefruit ... still better than lemon...although I hear lemon including the skin ... don't throw the skin away.. freeze the lemon and shaved the skin and put into your salad .... it has a lot of health benefits ...:D

kEN9170
08-10-13, 06:03

First pic, look like the units on the left are facing other units yard. It will be whole year laundry view.

acidic.straw
08-10-13, 11:08
True bro, come to think of it. I like your 'Horrifying Revelations' series. The most popular horror show will come alive very soon. Bigger than Halloween Horror Nights and revealed upon the living daylights-not afraid of sunshine.

Upon TOP, the ghost will be unleashed, the screaming will siren the place with the tick of the clock. I can assure you the WV 'Horror-book' Red series will be flooded with unlike endlessly... Every possible corners... Till then, let the mood sets in...:jason::jason:

Speaking of laundry yards, whether you plan to stay or sell, it is never a good thing to air your dirty laundry in public.:p

jbtay
08-10-13, 13:13
Speaking of laundry yards, whether you plan to stay or sell, it is never a good thing to air your dirty laundry in public.:p

Once it's washed, no more dirty already lah, haha

jjtio
08-10-13, 15:01

this gate is totally useless IMO

jjtio
08-10-13, 15:02

thanks jbtay. dun think we need to hold hands & hug each other all the time. (i'm a hands-off person) but seriously, is it going to be so packed? :doh:

athenl
08-10-13, 23:59
thanks jbtay. dun think we need to hold hands & hug each other all the time. (i'm a hands-off person) but seriously, is it going to be so packed? :doh:

come to think of it, better measure first before commit to any furniture or electrical purchases,...

Justin3
13-10-13, 11:05
come to think of it, better measure first before commit to any furniture or electrical purchases,...

Just attended the meeting with SL yesterday, like to share some info for u

1) color scheme issue is not solved, as per SL n DL they r not doing anything wrong legally. Upon top voting is required, if >75% vote for white, they will look at it again

2) top will be within 2 month from now. But from top to every one get the key will be a month long.

3) invisillble grill is allowed at front & back baconey.
Smart window is not allowed

Sonicloh
13-10-13, 19:33
Anyone know if wooden bamboo blind is allow for the balcony and backyard?

thechoi
13-10-13, 20:42
Sim lian will advise on whether roller blind or chick bind to be use upon top.

flyingmelon
14-10-13, 11:35
workers worked on Sunday...

jjtio
14-10-13, 13:16
workers worked on Sunday...

they are really trying to meet the "end of year" TOP timeline... :cheers4:

desquire
14-10-13, 15:10
they are really trying to meet the "end of year" TOP timeline... :cheers4:

They have been working on a Sunday for months. It's just that too many design flaw and that's probably one of the reasons they have to rectify them before being approved. As such, delay is inevitable...:rolleyes:

jjtio
16-10-13, 07:47
They have been working on a Sunday for months. It's just that too many design flaw and that's probably one of the reasons they have to rectify them before being approved. As such, delay is inevitable...:rolleyes:

ditto that... more flaws as we speak... :(

jbtay
16-10-13, 08:28

Hi to all Wvers

Not to be too disheartened. If we look at SL's past projects such as Carabelle and Clover By The Park, overall quality still pretty reasonable. As Desquire used to mention, location next to bedok reservoir park and the quarry, really this project is the last one. Overall project layout is nice, not too crowded and just enough meaningful facilities. Flaws there will always be. Lets hope workmanship and quality are up to mark. Cheers everyone. :)

jjtio
16-10-13, 09:49
Hi to all Wvers

Not to be too disheartened. If we look at SL's past projects such as Carabelle and Clover By The Park, overall quality still pretty reasonable. As Desquire used to mention, location next to bedok reservoir park and the quarry, really this project is the last one. Overall project layout is nice, not too crowded and just enough meaningful facilities. Flaws there will always be. Lets hope workmanship and quality are up to mark. Cheers everyone. :)

indeed :cheers5:

desquire
16-10-13, 14:26

They sure enjoy surprises until TOP some will definitely get a heart attack while some will faint lest we have the lowest of expectations... Grrr...:(

desquire
16-10-13, 14:30
Hi to all Wvers

I find it amazing that a professional and experienced architect can miss out on simple basic silly things. We don't forget our meals and sleep daily can we?

It's just ridiculous. Too many short cuts and all these compiled as one led to the endless of problems and defect plus flaw in the design of it all. I really don't know what else to say... Lost for words. My next take is that it won't happen in December. I'm quite sure about this...:(

J.Volks
17-10-13, 10:59
Have you guys signed up on Waterview Residence on FB? There are more shocking issues raised concerning the backyard especially for those in 2+1 and 3+1.

zeamybro
17-10-13, 13:25
I find it amazing that a professional and experienced architect can miss out on simple basic silly things. We don't forget our meals and sleep daily can we?

It's just ridiculous. Too many short cuts and all these compiled as one led to the endless of problems and defect plus flaw in the design of it all. I really don't know what else to say... Lost for words. My next take is that it won't happen in December. I'm quite sure about this...:(

Teacher ... Don't despair. In every project, there are bound to have defects and design flaws. It's good that the wviewers are taking the initiative to bring them up now, so that SL could rectify early. Once rectified u will enjoy your house for a very long time.

Location is something which cannot be changed. There are so many projects next to mrt and malls, but very few located near the nature like the reservoir parks. WV, being nested next to the reservoir park, is very scarce and truly a gem! A perfect place for own stay IMHO.

I think the construction for Wv is near completion, but a fair bit of time must be catered for them to do the rectification , inspection and such, before they can proceed to apply for TOP. So Patience ya.....

East Lover
17-10-13, 13:34
Well said my bro!!

Let's pray for Xmas 2013 @ wv! :D beer party with big bro chestnut

Teacher ... Don't despair. In every project, there are bound to have defects and design flaws. It's good that the wviewers are taking the initiative to bring them up now, so that SL could rectify early. Once rectified u will enjoy your house for a very long time.

Location is something which cannot be changed. There are so many projects next to mrt and malls, but very few located near the nature like the reservoir parks. WV, being nested next to the reservoir park, is very scarce and truly a gem! A perfect place for own stay IMHO.

I think the construction for Wv is near completion, but a fair bit of time must be catered for them to do the rectification , inspection and such, before they can proceed to apply for TOP. So Patience ya.....

chestnut
17-10-13, 13:45
Well said my bro!!

Let's pray for Xmas 2013 @ wv! :D beer party with big bro chestnut

I am all in.....

I can actually understand the anxiety of the homestayers.... The expectations from owning a condo is indeed high and a dream of a beautiful place is definitely expected.....

Just a reminder... Please do take time to enjoy !!!!! Dont get too frustrated... Look towards a solution vs the problem....

This is not a mass production operation.... It is still built by the human and there will be issues - which is the reason why you have the 1 year "warranty" period...

I never regretted buying WaterView.... Why??? After buying Clover, I realised how nice it is to be near the park.... My only regret is not getting one facing the reservoir directly.... I would have gladly paid a premium for it....

So it seems like EastLover is the Winner.... Well done !!!!!

The beauty with being by the reservoir - How to get your view blocked?????

Think about it.... Guess I am a nature guy.... And yes, age does affect your thinking... My retirement home is going to be WaterView or Clover by the Park.... Or should I say - when my kids get married and shift out... Hahahahahaha

See you guys in 2 months time....

:D:D;)

East Lover
17-10-13, 15:52
Big bro, thanks! :p

U have confidence for Xmas 2013 party at WV also? :D

I am all in.....

I can actually understand the anxiety of the homestayers.... The expectations from owning a condo is indeed high and a dream of a beautiful place is definitely expected.....

Just a reminder... Please do take time to enjoy !!!!! Dont get too frustrated... Look towards a solution vs the problem....

This is not a mass production operation.... It is still built by the human and there will be issues - which is the reason why you have the 1 year "warranty" period...

I never regretted buying WaterView.... Why??? After buying Clover, I realised how nice it is to be near the park.... My only regret is not getting one facing the reservoir directly.... I would have gladly paid a premium for it....

So it seems like EastLover is the Winner.... Well done !!!!!

The beauty with being by the reservoir - How to get your view blocked?????

Think about it.... Guess I am a nature guy.... And yes, age does affect your thinking... My retirement home is going to be WaterView or Clover by the Park.... Or should I say - when my kids get married and shift out... Hahahahahaha

See you guys in 2 months time....

:D:D;)

chestnut
17-10-13, 18:15
Big bro, thanks! :p

U have confidence for Xmas 2013 party at WV also? :D

Received e-mail reply from them - they are targetting to get TOP within 2 months....

Some will get their keys after Christmas though....

I have 1 more unit somewhere else still not top... Most likely will top 2015... Hahahahahahaha....

I have more or less completed my collection liao....

Hopefully will retire in June....:D:D

kenny2610
19-10-13, 15:55
Hi can any admin add me into the waterview residents FB page thanks:smiling-jap:

jbtay
19-10-13, 20:01
Hi can any admin add me into the waterview residents FB page thanks:smiling-jap:

If you are a resident, go to the FB page, identify yourself and your unit number and make a request to join group. :D

jbtay
19-10-13, 20:07
Latest from our dear EastGuy. :D

athenl
19-10-13, 21:18
Latest from our dear EastGuy. :D

Thank you EastGuy and Mr Tay:D

jbtay
23-10-13, 10:28
For those not on FB and missing out on some of the goodies, here's some over the last week. Our dear Eastlover has already moved in. Ha ha not into WV but into FB and has posted some nice pics there...:D
Enjoy....:cheers1:

iknow
23-10-13, 22:45
hi mr tay do u have any pics showing the distance between the units?

jbtay
24-10-13, 08:54
[QUOTE=iknow;440218]hi mr tay do u have any pics showing the distance between the units?[/QUOTE

There is quite a lot of info, data and photos in the Waterview Residents fb group. If you are an owner, you can go to the fb group and request to join, by indicating your unit no.:D

jjtio
24-10-13, 10:12
For those not on FB and missing out on some of the goodies, here's some over the last week. Our dear Eastlover has already moved in. Ha ha not into WV but into FB and has posted some nice pics there...:D

great work jbtay. =)

Sonicloh
25-10-13, 17:10
[QUOTE=iknow;440218]hi mr tay do u have any pics showing the distance between the units?[/QUOTE

There is quite a lot of . fo, data and photos in the Waterview Residents fb group. If you are an owner, you can go to the fb group and request to join, by indicating your unit no.:D

I had sent in the request to join the fb group. But not too sure how to identify myself. I'mthe owner of block 75 #06-05 . fb name darren loh

Sonicloh
25-10-13, 17:35
[QUOTE=jbtay;440260]

I had sent in the request to join the fb group. But not too sure how to identify myself. I'mthe owner of block 75 #06-05 . fb name darren loh

Got in :)

athenl
28-10-13, 22:20
[quote=iknow;440218]hi mr tay do u have any pics showing the distance between the units?[/QUOTE

There is quite a lot of info, data and photos in the Waterview Residents fb group. If you are an owner, you can go to the fb group and request to join, by indicating your unit no.:D

Mr Tay, if there are any latest news possible to share through this link, thank you!

Stepstone
29-10-13, 16:06
TQ, it is easier to access from this link..:)

East Lover
31-10-13, 09:52
Yes pls join to FB. it's much controlled, and only accessible for WV FEC :)

athenl
08-11-13, 22:30
Yes pls join to FB. it's much controlled, and only accessible for WV FEC :)

So quiet,...:)

pk1983
17-11-13, 07:27
Can anyone pls advice which FB page to join? See 2-3 pages created in FB for this. Appreciate your help as I just joined this forum and quite interested in quotes and pics listed here. Btw, I have gotten 2+1 apt in WV.

So quiet,...:)

Stoney Stone Stone
17-11-13, 10:09
Can anyone pls advice which FB page to join? See 2-3 pages created in FB for this. Appreciate your help as I just joined this forum and quite interested in quotes and pics listed here. Btw, I have gotten 2+1 apt in WV.

Join FB Group Waterview Residents
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/WaterviewResidents/

pk1983
17-11-13, 11:45
Thanks Bro

nickq
27-11-13, 18:27
Saw the security guard in duty. The board surrounding the condo is removed as well. Going to TOP already?

forestfire
27-11-13, 18:37
Hi, you're still here-join the Waterview Residents Facebook

alee
01-12-13, 23:19
[QUOTE=Sonicloh;440742]

Got in :)

Hi everyone, have been reading post for a long time, but now just managed to sign in. And now asked to join FB. I go under name of alee stack 77. Can pls add me on FB. thanks

alee
01-12-13, 23:44

Hi atta, my unit is also 2+1, cud u kindly give me contact no of yr ID, who seems quite on and best part no need to pay yet. I am also interested to cover up the minute open concept kitchen with a glass cover up.

Cjdre
02-12-13, 11:43
Dear home owners of Waterview, over the past few months I have consolidated a number of Interior Designers and Home Improvement businesses to provide better deals for us home owners. It is also possible to organize a group buy with them to strike a even better deal for the participants.

I have been trying to reach Condo Singapore for sticky threads so everyone can benefit from the site. However I have yet to get a respond so meanwhile I can only post in individual threads.

It would be great if you guys can input what other products/services you are keen so I can look for the relevant businesses and see what they can offer.

Cheers,
Cjdre

thechoi
04-12-13, 21:09
We got letter for the 5% payment for drain, road...TOP round the coner...;)

athenl
06-12-13, 15:18
We got letter for the 5% payment for drain, road...TOP round the coner...;)

When I visited the site, was told the TOP is in Dec,...

jbtay
07-12-13, 20:05
Dear Supporters of WaterView, site inspection is likely to be within the next 2 weeks, followed by TOP if all systems go. In the meantime, enjoy these lovely pics from our dear EastGuy
enjoy :cheers4:

focus
07-12-13, 20:48
wa.. The landscape very good .. and units layout also good. alot of units gets very nice pool views.

Justin3
11-12-13, 09:52
For those are not yet joined FB Waterview Group

see attached photo, WV is same as Shangarila Hotel at Sentosa. Isn't it?

thechoi
14-12-13, 16:58
Any one receive waterview TOP sms from orangetee? Someone in FB group got a sms from her agent saying TOP is approved.

athenl
15-12-13, 08:39
Any one receive waterview TOP sms from orangetee? Someone in FB group got a sms from her agent saying TOP is approved.

not sure about TOP but 5% already 'activated',..

jbtay
19-12-13, 09:31
As fellow WVers are patiently waiting for TOP, hopefully by next week, here are some pics showing WaterView in all its beauty, taken mostly by EastGuy.
For the benefit of those not in our FB page. Enjoy.:):cheers2::cheers4:

garychang
20-12-13, 14:21
waterview looks well built from driving along noisy tamp ave 10 (9 lanes of road madness)
love the glass barrier of the balcony though... and the condo almost camouflage if bluesky. haha:)

wolfmaster
02-01-14, 12:01
Seems everybody which on the thread... waiting for the key collection...

which i am also one of them... :D
can't wait.

afterdark.dlim
06-01-14, 13:52
But don't think it's before cny....:doh:

wolfmaster
06-01-14, 14:25
But don't think it's before cny....:doh:

yah... saw in facebook on so many signs being put up....
but still no news... sian... :scared-5::scared-5:

jbtay
14-01-14, 11:59
Waterview got TOP on 13 Jan 14, yesterday based on BCA's website.
A lot of buzz now at Waterview Residents fb page.

Congrats to all. Lets hope for few and minor defects and smooth reno and moved in for all. :cheers3:

desquire
14-01-14, 19:00
Let's do the chicken dance before the snake hisses out. Oh, I can see wooden Trojan galloping from afar!!! Run, faster run!:D

bakasa2002
14-01-14, 20:48
congrats waterviewers!

athenl
14-01-14, 21:42
Waterview got TOP on 13 Jan 14, yesterday based on BCA's website.
A lot of buzz now at Waterview Residents fb page.

Congrats to all. Lets hope for few and minor defects and smooth reno and moved in for all. :cheers3:

Mr Tay, does that mean we could collect keys before CNY? :)

jbtay
15-01-14, 12:20
Mr Tay, does that mean we could collect keys before CNY? :)
Depends on how fast SL's lawyers sent out the letters and Notice To take Vacant Possession and how fast SL receives the payment for the 25% plus maintenance and survey fee. Then, you can proceed to call SL to make arrangements to put you in the schedule for keys collection. This could take at the earliest from 2 weeks to a month and a half, based on other developments.

athenl
16-01-14, 22:18
Depends on how fast SL's lawyers sent out the letters and Notice To take Vacant Possession and how fast SL receives the payment for the 25% plus maintenance and survey fee. Then, you can proceed to call SL to make arrangements to put you in the schedule for keys collection. This could take at the earliest from 2 weeks to a month and a half, based on other developments.

Thank you Mr Tay,...think could only collect after CNY,..:D

Stoney Stone Stone
16-01-14, 22:38
Thank you Mr Tay,...think could only collect after CNY,..:D

From FB group, the earliest key collection is this coming Saturday. (Blk 91)
You can hope to receive before CNY.

athenl
19-01-14, 09:50
From FB group, the earliest key collection is this coming Saturday. (Blk 91)
You can hope to receive before CNY.

SSS, thank you for your information,..
Is there any sequence on the collection? :D
Mine is blk 73,...

Stoney Stone Stone
19-01-14, 10:47
SSS, thank you for your information,..
Is there any sequence on the collection? :D
Mine is blk 73,...

Sorry, I had no idea.
According to FB, I predict our will come after CNY.
BTW I'm same stack with you. No letter or news till now.
Our future neigbours arranging 3rd day tour at WV around 4.30pm.
You can join them if you free and keen to take a look.
Meeting place at reservoir CP or WV back gate.;)

Stoney Stone Stone
19-01-14, 11:13
Sorry, I had no idea.

Please keep low profile if you want to join them.
Our kind WV onwer (William Yong) offer his help to let us go in to take a look. The main obstacle is the guards so once inside just tone down a bit.
Thanks.

Note:
For future WV onwer waiting key collection only for this period of time.

athenl
19-01-14, 15:31
Sorry, I had no idea.

SSS, thank you for your advice and info. Not going for any visit now, I need to roughly know when because I bought some furniture and not sure when can deliver,..

skyevia
21-01-14, 11:42
Hi SSS

I didn't join their FB .We have a unit at stalk 93, You have any ideas when will be the key collections since stalk 91 starting to collect next week?

The forum has been very quiet since the FB set up:) Used to be very active led by Eastlover

Thanks and happy Lunar New year

Please keep low profile if you want to join them.
Our kind WV onwer (William Yong) offer his help to let us go in to take a look. The main obstacle is the guards so once inside just tone down a bit.
Thanks.

Note:
For future WV onwer waiting key collection only for this period of time.

jbtay
21-01-14, 14:06
Sorry, I had no idea.

Hi Stoney Stone Stone

Just sent you a private message.:cool:

athenl
22-01-14, 17:31
Mr Tay, SSS

I have received email on TOP :)

skyevia
22-01-14, 17:54
check with my lawyer side- Blk 91, 73 and 75 will TOP/ key collections before CNY , The rest likely after CNY

Mr Tay, SSS

I have received email on TOP :)

athenl
09-02-14, 11:23

Trying to log in the FB group now,..

econsist
23-02-14, 15:36
Hello everyone,

The forum has been very quiet lately so I'm bumping it up since most of us should have the keys and ready for reno.

I'm looking for ideas how to close up the open concept kitchen for the 2+S unit - Either with a half partition and half tempered glass or a full tempered glass.

I also find there isn't a good place for fridge and washing machine/dryer :beats-me-man::doh:.

I'd appreciate if you can share some of your reno experience especially for the 2+S unit.

Cheers! :cheers4:

forestfire
23-02-14, 17:03
Hi econsist ~ join the Waterview Residents Facebook ~ you'll find all sorts of ideas & resources there ~ go to the page & Click "Join"

econsist
23-02-14, 20:14
Hi econsist ~ join the Waterview Residents Facebook ~ you'll find all sorts of ideas & resources there ~ go to the page & Click "Join"

Sure! Waiting for an admin to approve.

Cheers :cheers1:

azeoprop
06-03-14, 11:04
Nice views :)

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/c/1/3/d/c13d9e45737696_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/5/9/9/4/59945945737697_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/4/0/9/3/40936545737698_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/8/8/f/3/88f39145165807_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/f/6/2/1/f6219d44766703_1_V550.jpg

fan
08-03-14, 13:29
The bedroom centre window pane cannot open?