PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

Yuketen
24-07-13, 13:46
Can anyone enlighten what sort of flooring are we looking at for the bedrooms. I thought it was parque flooring. However, when i revisited the pictures posted on the showflat, it was normal homogenous tiles for the bedrooms...

Kengar
24-07-13, 13:58
Can anyone enlighten what sort of flooring are we looking at for the bedrooms. I thought it was parque flooring. However, when i revisited the pictures posted on the showflat, it was normal homogenous tiles for the bedrooms...

Should be parquet, which photos did you see that they were homo tiles?

Yuketen
24-07-13, 15:02
Should be parquet, which photos did you see that they were homo tiles?

Go to Pg 646 of this forum. There is a link provided for the pictures of showflat which were posted on the forum quite sometime back.

East Lover
24-07-13, 16:18
Go to Pg 646 of this forum. There is a link provided for the pictures of showflat which were posted on the forum quite sometime back.

all the rooms are parquet... maybe you can paste the photo here to share with us??
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=351966#post351966

jbtay
24-07-13, 17:22

The link provided by our dear Kengar in pg 646, the first bedroom pic definitely shows parquet. The 2nd bedroom pic due to the reflection does not show parquet clearly and indeed could be mistaken as tiles. Contract specs for all bedrooms - parquet. No worries. ;)

Yuketen
24-07-13, 21:26
The link provided by our dear Kengar in pg 646, the first bedroom pic definitely shows parquet. The 2nd bedroom pic due to the reflection does not show parquet clearly and indeed could be mistaken as tiles. Contract specs for all bedrooms - parquet. No worries. ;)

Folks... My bad... On closer observation, it's parquet!!

waterviewer88
25-07-13, 08:09
Folks... My bad... On closer observation, it's parquet!!

For confirmation, just check out your S&P agreement towards the end. It's all spelled out clearly.

Shadus
25-07-13, 22:36
Visit our FB group for more pictures :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterviewResidents/

athenl
27-07-13, 09:21
Visit our FB group for more pictures :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterviewResidents/

Can anyone help to paste over this forum? Thank you! :ashamed1:

jbtay
27-07-13, 11:09
Courteously of our dear Bro EastGuy taken this morning. Understand he is also conducting visual tour from Tropica at 1130am. ;)

jbtay
27-07-13, 19:20
Courtesy of EastGuy, Desquire and Team, taken during their morning escapade. Just like 2 lovers during courtship, never seem to have enough of these pics of our loved one. Just hope the fervor remains after marriage (i.e. TOP) :D

angiedan78
27-07-13, 20:51
Courtesy of EastGuy, Desquire and Team, taken during their morning escapade. Just like 2 lovers during courtship, never seem to have enough of these pics of our loved one. Just hope the fervor remains after marriage (i.e. TOP) :D

Hi WV lovers
Thank you all for the efforts & time taken for all these excellent shots & shared with us. Without u, we would not have known we're closer each day.
Marvellous neighbours we are going to be.
Have a great weekend!

Many many thanks

athenl
27-07-13, 22:20
Courteously of our dear Bro EastGuy taken this morning. Understand he is also conducting visual tour from Tropica at 1130am. ;)

Thank you for your help!

Chuahungsen
27-07-13, 23:14
You guys are AWESOME! THANK YOU so much for the updates!:not-worthy:

East Lover
29-07-13, 09:09
Mr Tay, east guy and bro desquire, thanks a lot for the update! Wow the pool already filled up with water! More n more plants are planted. So the next thing SL need to focus is the club house n entry! Once completed we can pay for the carpark payment? By mid August?

jjtio
29-07-13, 09:54
awesome pics mates. well done!!

procrastinator
29-07-13, 17:32
Just curious, when you mentioned Nov = meaning TOP? But it might be in batches to release the keys right? Might drag for a few weeks or months?
few months? Oh! No!

jbtay
29-07-13, 20:13
Mr Tay, east guy and bro desquire, thanks a lot for the update! Wow the pool already filled up with water! More n more plants are planted. So the next thing SL need to focus is the club house n entry! Once completed we can pay for the carpark payment? By mid August?

Looking at the pics taken by Azeoprop of Minton on 31 May, 10 Jun, 27 Jun and 21 Jul 13, Minton is at least 2 mths ahead of WV. Minton has yet to call for payment of carpark. TOP of Minton likely to be 4Q13 although LKH in its financial report mention 3Q13. So realistically, for WV, I think Nov 13 TOP could still be a challenge but should have a good chance considering that WV has a simpler concept compared with Minton, so SL may be able to pull it off. But to move in by Xmas would still be pretty challenging. Lets enjoy the gradual metamorphosis week after week for the cocoon to become a lovely butterfly :sleep:

East Lover
01-08-13, 16:48
Mr Tay, any update/new photos from fb?

forum is so quiet without your guys...:p

Looking at the pics taken by Azeoprop of Minton on 31 May, 10 Jun, 27 Jun and 21 Jul 13, Minton is at least 2 mths ahead of WV. Minton has yet to call for payment of carpark. TOP of Minton likely to be 4Q13 although LKH in its financial report mention 3Q13. So realistically, for WV, I think Nov 13 TOP could still be a challenge but should have a good chance considering that WV has a simpler concept compared with Minton, so SL may be able to pull it off. But to move in by Xmas would still be pretty challenging. Lets enjoy the gradual metamorphosis week after week for the cocoon to become a lovely butterfly :sleep:

joycewangwen
01-08-13, 16:58
Mr Tay, any update/new photos from fb?

forum is so quiet without your guys...:p

we have been waited for you for so long at fb there
consider to migrate to there?

thechoi
01-08-13, 21:10
Attached is our undercover picture collection in waterview in board daylight....oh they are organising a night prata this sat at 11pm at simpang bedok ,No.26. Bedok Road.Syed Restaurant

East Lover
02-08-13, 09:42
Thank you so much!!

Wow, prata party at 11pm tomorrow? :p have fun and update us here please! :cheers4:

Attached is our undercover picture collection in waterview in board daylight....oh they are organising a night prata this sat at 11pm at simpang bedok ,No.26. Bedok Road.Syed Restaurant

East Lover
02-08-13, 09:45
bro and all dear FEC, thanks for the invitation... with help of my boy boy, i managed to register but after that i lost again :( ...

i will try to figure out later when i'm a bit free.... not able to go fb in office, no time to touch computer at home. so just rely on my little iphone to go forum... :D

we have been waited for you for so long at fb there
consider to migrate to there?

desquire
02-08-13, 13:07
bro and all dear FEC, thanks for the invitation... with help of my boy boy, i managed to register but after that i lost again :( ...

i will try to figure out later when i'm a bit free.... not able to go fb in office, no time to touch computer at home. so just rely on my little iphone to go forum... :D
Don't worry. Nothing my happening also lah. Just simple chats and all. If there's anything important, we'll update you. Hv a nice weekend. :D

East Lover
02-08-13, 15:10
bro desquire, you are so sweet! touched...;) thanks!

may all FEC have a great weekend ahead! :)

also, enjoy your prata party tomorrow! :cheers5:

Don't worry. Nothing my happening also lah. Just simple chats and all. If there's anything important, we'll update you. Hv a nice weekend. :D

Shadus
02-08-13, 19:13
Sis EL, you can't come to our prata party? We will help you link your smartphone to FB :p

csong
02-08-13, 20:20
East Lover, you can download fb from the apps store, so don't need to use computer to access fb.

East Lover
02-08-13, 21:48
My iPhone FB app is linked with my boy's account :doh:

East Lover, you can download fb from the apps store, so don't need to use computer to access fb.

East Lover
02-08-13, 21:51
Sis EL, you can't come to our prata party? We will help you link your smartphone to FB :p
Enjoy! Have fun! :cheers5:

Wow so good! :D

athenl
09-08-13, 09:57
Enjoy! Have fun! :cheers5:

Wow so good! :D

Strange,...no update of any information after so many days,...:ashamed1:

thechoi
09-08-13, 17:18
No new photo and nothing important happening in face book side too.... :)
It holiday mood now..... will update here if anyone of us get the letter for carpark payment....

Sonicloh
10-08-13, 14:36
Does waterview have air con in the living room?

forestfire
10-08-13, 16:19
Does waterview have air con in the living room?

Yes - 2 aircon outlets

Sonicloh
10-08-13, 16:50
Yes - 2 aircon outlets

Thanks for the info

JohnDoe4
12-08-13, 09:49
bro desquire, you are so sweet! touched...;) thanks!

may all FEC have a great weekend ahead! :)

also, enjoy your prata party tomorrow! :cheers5:

Hi all Forum, non-FB folks.

There's a simple gathering again this coming Saturday, 17-Aug, 9pm at Wawawa Cafe & Bistro at Bedok Reservoir (carpark along Bedok Reservior Road).

Coffee, soft drinks and beer.

Join us if you can :-)

East Lover
12-08-13, 10:27
Hi John,

Sounds good! WV is getting hotter and hotter! really hope we can receive the carpark payment by end of August :D

Hi all Forum, non-FB folks.

There's a simple gathering again this coming Saturday, 17-Aug, 9pm at Wawawa Cafe & Bistro at Bedok Reservoir (carpark along Bedok Reservior Road).

Coffee, soft drinks and beer.

Join us if you can :-)

East Lover
12-08-13, 10:28
from the outside, it seems only one located on top of the entry to the bedrooms?

if there is 2, should be one in living hall, one in dinning hall...

but i do hope there are 2 lah :D

Yes - 2 aircon outlets

East Lover
12-08-13, 10:51
Long weekend just nice to shop furnitures and gether ID ideas :D

Need to consult our detailed FEC members:

I remember the WV showflat, the sofa in 4-bedder is facing bedrooms, while the sofa in 3-bedder is in the smaller wall side (closer to bedrooms).

Is the TV point designed like this, or there are 2 TV points and power points in both side? :D

I intend to put my TV in the longer wall, as I worry the smaller wall can't take the weight of huge TV....

one more question - is 70" toooo huge to our little WV living hall? :D :D

Kengar
12-08-13, 14:21
I think I read in SquareRoom Magazine that the distance of sofa to TV should be not less than 3 times the diagonal width of TV?

For a 70 inch TV, you need a sitting distance of 210 inches?

I remember the WV showflat, the sofa in 4-bedder is facing bedrooms, while the sofa in 3-bedder is in the smaller wall side (closer to bedrooms).

Is the TV point designed like this, or there are 2 TV points and power points in both side? :D

I intend to put my TV in the longer wall, as I worry the smaller wall can't take the weight of huge TV....

East Lover
12-08-13, 14:46
210 inches is 5.3meter! WV living hall is only 3.3meter from point to point nia :doh:

3 meter is around 118 inches, so only can buy 40" TV??? :scared-4:

I think I read in SquareRoom Magazine that the distance of sofa to TV should be not less than 3 times the diagonal width of TV?

For a 70 inch TV, you need a sitting distance of 210 inches?

East Lover
12-08-13, 14:51
This following diagram suggesting the same, but URL says can go for 60"
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-hardwarezones-hdtv-buying-guide-essentials/720p-versus-1080p
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/664/distancechart.png

210 inches is 5.3meter! WV living hall is only 3.3meter from point to point nia :doh:

jbtay
12-08-13, 16:58

Currently I have a 40" Samsung LED and the distance btw walls about the same at AQbP. Looks good for me. For 3 bedder, looks like TV point will be at wall of bedroom and aircon likely to be there. Intend to place sofa in opp wall to face aircon. Piano will be on this side too. Dry wall should be able to take TV larger than 40" ... nowadays LEDs are not that heavy.
Recent pics show one aircon above the corridor to the bedrooms. Hmnn, this likely for the dining area. Note that dining wall is actually HS wall on the other side.. so blast proof...So not sure if can put aircon fan coil here... although this was the case in the showroom.

desquire
12-08-13, 18:54

Happy shopping sis but just get the items you fell in love with a scribble in your mind. There are many things which I anticipate will happen without our knowledge. Just in case lah... Else later can't fit wasted. If you get heart attack more worrying. Hahahha!!:D

East Lover
12-08-13, 22:52
I like that Mitsubishi 6-door fridge, can fix into our 750mm space in our little kitchen ?:rolleyes:

Dimensions (W x H x D) 745 x 1821 x 728 mm

Happy shopping sis but just get the items you fell in love with a scribble in your mind. There are many things which I anticipate will happen without our knowledge. Just in case lah... Else later can't fit wasted. If you get heart attack more worrying. Hahahha!!:D

East Lover
12-08-13, 22:56
Ok I'd better consult Stanley first...

Since no space for shoes outside, I'm thinking of building something, shoerack, display, tv console all in the 555 mm wall... No sure feasible or not?:rolleyes:

Piano will be in one room, my living hall no space for piano Liao :doh:

Currently I have a 40" Samsung LED and the distance btw walls about the same at AQbP. Looks good for me. For 3 bedder, looks like TV point will be at wall of bedroom and aircon likely to be there. Intend to place sofa in opp wall to face aircon. Piano will be on this side too. Dry wall should be able to take TV larger than 40" ... nowadays LEDs are not that heavy.
Recent pics show one aircon above the corridor to the bedrooms. Hmnn, this likely for the dining area. Note that dining wall is actually HS wall on the other side.. so blast proof...So not sure if can put aircon fan coil here... although this was the case in the showroom.

jbtay
13-08-13, 07:44
Ok I'd better consult Stanley first...

Since no space for shoes outside, I'm thinking of building something, shoerack, display, tv console all in the 555 mm wall... No sure feasible or not?:rolleyes:

Piano will be in one room, my living hall no space for piano Liao :doh:

I wanted to put piano in my spare bedroom which is used as a study but need space for my hifi. Cannot clash with the tv outside, ha ha. Stan will c me mid Sep, for me no hurry.

jjtio
13-08-13, 07:45
ours is a C1 so i intend to place our future piano near the entrance. (yet to buy) no good place left cos our family is big. would that location be unwise to place the piano? any advice is much appreciated. thanks in adv. :)

jbtay
13-08-13, 08:34
ours is a C1 so i intend to place our future piano near the entrance. (yet to buy) no good place left cos our family is big. would that location be unwise to place the piano? any advice is much appreciated. thanks in adv. :)

Are you referring to the long wall? Should be ok. For us, we need to carve out some space for a very narrow width fridge in the dining area using partitions, as the space in the kitchen is taken up with extended countertops. So dining table will have to be at most 1200 x 800 mm.
We intend to place piano on the long wall directly opposite the corridor to the bedrooms and carve out an area to divide the sitting area from the piano.
A lot would depend on actual measurements, if we really get what is shown on scale, then appear doable but will have to finally get ID to fine tune it and how to incorporate with some display shelves, cabinets etc.
If you are referring to the space directly opposite the entrance, imho, may be a little congested. Need at least around 2 ft separation to facilitate movement. We intend to get armchairs suited for small spaces (only 3 of us), so for us, plenty of space in that long wall.

desquire
13-08-13, 08:43
I like that Mitsubishi 6-door fridge, can fix into our 750mm space in our little kitchen ?:rolleyes:

Dimensions (W x H x D) 745 x 1821 x 728 mm
Yup it should fit. Wide wanted it but I don't really like these 'many' doors fridge. She tried to buy me into Hitachi but I will swear upon my 2-door fisher paykel which has served me so very well for the past 14years!!:D

jjtio
13-08-13, 09:27
Are you referring to the long wall? Should be ok. For us, we need to carve out some space for a very narrow width fridge in the dining area using partitions, as the space in the kitchen is taken up with extended countertops. So dining table will have to be at most 1200 x 800 mm.
We intend to place piano on the long wall directly opposite the corridor to the bedrooms and carve out an area to divide the sitting area from the piano.
A lot would depend on actual measurements, if we really get what is shown on scale, then appear doable but will have to finally get ID to fine tune it and how to incorporate with some display shelves, cabinets etc.
If you are referring to the space directly opposite the entrance, imho, may be a little congested. Need at least around 2 ft separation to facilitate movement. We intend to get armchairs suited for small spaces (only 3 of us), so for us, plenty of space in that long wall.
hi jbtay

yes, that long wall. intend to put the tv system and piano along the same wall. intending to get a silent type piano from yamaha so that my daughter & i can play any time of the day without disturbing the rest of the family & neighbours. :)

jjtio
13-08-13, 09:31
like Eastlover, we also like that Mitsubishi 6-door fridge.

East Lover
13-08-13, 09:44
Don't buy the silent type. It's a white elephant. Mine is that type. We hardly use it, and it will cost u > $10k :D

Actually, when my son studies in secondary school, he has so many works, really little time for piano.... Shall I stop?:scared-5:

hi jbtay

yes, that long wall. intend to put the tv system and piano along the same wall. intending to get a silent type piano from yamaha so that my daughter & i can play any time of the day without disturbing the rest of the family & neighbours. :)

jjtio
13-08-13, 09:45
thanks sis. like that i better get the normal one. hope the damper pedal is soft enough for night practise. :P

East Lover
13-08-13, 09:48
Maybe we can have some group discount for WV!:cheers5:

If 745mm is too big, we can go 1 size smaller ... 685mm

like Eastlover, we also like that Mitsubishi 6-door fridge.

jbtay
13-08-13, 10:16
Don't buy the silent type. It's a white elephant. Mine is that type. We hardly use it, and it will cost u > $10k :D

Actually, when my son studies in secondary school, he has so many works, really little time for piano.... Shall I stop?:scared-5:

Your son playing? Mine stop with tutor after Sec 3 when he had to prepare for O level. Passed grade 5 theory and practical. I think good to continue as far as possible till b4 O level, if he grows to love it. Music helps to de-stress and unwind in later life. My boy in poly 2nd yr doing biz, taking music as a non-core subject.

jjtio
13-08-13, 10:53
Maybe we can have some group discount for WV!:cheers5:

If 745mm is too big, we can go 1 size smaller ... 685mm

what's the model # again? i bring my mum go rackey. ;)

jjtio
13-08-13, 10:55
Your son playing? Mine stop with tutor after Sec 3 when he had to prepare for O level. Passed grade 5 theory and practical. I think good to continue as far as possible till b4 O level, if he grows to love it. Music helps to de-stress and unwind in later life. My boy in poly 2nd yr doing biz, taking music as a non-core subject.

ya, i agree with jbtay. music is good learning for life. i'm learning too despite my age. 1) i love the piano 2) to encourage my daughter. :)

p.s. dun complain if u hear bad playing cos i am so out of practise. :P

acidic.straw
13-08-13, 17:06
Yup it should fit. Wide wanted it but I don't really like these 'many' doors fridge. She tried to buy me into Hitachi but I will swear upon my 2-door fisher paykel which has served me so very well for the past 14years!!:D

Don't forget to take into account some free space for the doors to swing open for comfortable access :D

desquire
13-08-13, 17:41
Don't forget to take into account some free space for the doors to swing open for comfortable access :D
Almost forgot. Ya man, everything is space... Grrrrr...

Music is life... Without it I'm as good as game over!! Hahahha. Music is the secret to life and its inhabitants...:D

East Lover
13-08-13, 17:58
Thanks for the sharing. Maybe we continue as long as possible... It will be his own assesst eventually :p

East Lover
13-08-13, 17:59
Good point! So it seems we can only choose the one size smaller model, also one thousand cheaper :D

Almost forgot. Ya man, everything is space... Grrrrr...

Music is life... Without it I'm as good as game over!! Hahahha. Music is the secret to life and its inhabitants...:D

athenl
13-08-13, 21:55
Anyone interested in loft bed, any advice?

teck
14-08-13, 01:37
That's where my daughter's piano will be. At the long wall and besides the tv. Sofa will be under the air conditional area.

csong
14-08-13, 06:51
I have a loft bed brought last year. Anyone interested to buy.

East Lover
14-08-13, 12:17
Just wonderring if we can put half height of this slim shoerack outside? :D must attach to the wall?? allow or not? :rolleyes:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/toonsim/ShoeCabinet.jpg

East Lover
14-08-13, 12:21
I think we can group up for better price :rolleyes:
http://www.crystalhome.com.sg/images/sproducts_indi19a.jpg
Dimension:130w-26d-98h cmCapacity:up to 28 pairsFeature:Zig-Zag shelving.
Soft close doors.
http://www.crystalhome.com.sg/images/ssproducts_indi01.jpg
Dimension:102w-17d-80h cmCapacity:up to 11 pairsFeature:Zig-Zag shelving. Wall mounted above floor level, enable washing/flushing of floor.
Suitable for common corridor.

This one maybe can be installed align the wall in the entry? hide behind the main door??:rolleyes:

desquire
14-08-13, 17:44
Just wonderring if we can put half height of this slim shoerack outside? :D must attach to the wall?? allow or not? :rolleyes:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/toonsim/ShoeCabinet.jpg
Haha. How to build te cabinet outside. SL will charge you for rental/sale of that space. Hehehe. Area outside also rather small. Must buy put 'in' the house instead. :D

minami-san
14-08-13, 18:56
Haha. How to build te cabinet outside. SL will charge you for rental/sale of that space. Hehehe. Area outside also rather small. Must buy put 'in' the house instead. :D
I think for most condos, you can't build a shoe cabinet outside.
But can put those "movable" ones.

Shadus
14-08-13, 21:44

Racks only

athenl
15-08-13, 06:49
I have a loft bed brought last year. Anyone interested to buy.

are you sharing the contact for this supplier (loft bed) or you are selling? no good har?

athenl
15-08-13, 06:53

Curious how big is the area to put the rack, will cross-over to neighbours?
sometimes very sensitive leh,..

Shadus
15-08-13, 09:50
I'm not affliated to this ID but am considering their service. Just came across a loft bed they designed for NV residence and found it to be better than I expect loft beds to be

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/12676_409558015816350_2052919966_n.jpg

East Lover
15-08-13, 10:19
looks good! what's the ceiling height of NV?

WV is only 2.8M nia, can build such things? maybe i can consider one for my tiny room, can keep book, guest room and piano under one room like that...

I'm not affliated to this ID but am considering their service. Just came across a loft bed they designed for NV residence and found it to be better than I expect loft beds to be

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/12676_409558015816350_2052919966_n.jpg

Shadus
15-08-13, 10:31
looks good! what's the ceiling height of NV?

WV is only 2.8M nia, can build such things? maybe i can consider one for my tiny room, can keep book, guest room and piano under one room like that...

Sis EL, we are on same track, the ID recommend to me loft bed coz of the piano.....

I'm not sure NV residence how high... next week i'm meeting the ID for quotation, will ask him about that.

East Lover
15-08-13, 10:49
sounds great! ok keep us updated :)

I will ask the same question to Stanley this saturday. will share with you as well ;)

Sis EL, we are on same track, the ID recommend to me loft bed coz of the piano.....

I'm not sure NV residence how high... next week i'm meeting the ID for quotation, will ask him about that.

East Lover
15-08-13, 11:02
anyone knows the window hight for the 4th room? it's not full height... i'm thinking if i put the piano facing the windows (as i can't put study facing windows), will it block the sunlight? will it be too hot to the piano??? headache...:beats-me-man:

csong
15-08-13, 13:41
I am selling the loft bed as I do not intend to move it to WV. I can post some photographs of the loft bed if anyone is interested.

jbtay
16-08-13, 11:55
anyone knows the window hight for the 4th room? it's not full height... i'm thinking if i put the piano facing the windows (as i can't put study facing windows), will it block the sunlight? will it be too hot to the piano??? headache...:beats-me-man:

Ha ha, see how one guy did it with only 75 sq ft in Rome.
http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/photos/the-smallest-house-in-italy-is-architecturally-stunning-slideshow/

With proper planning and a good ID, like Stanley... anything is possible.;)

East Lover
16-08-13, 12:08
impressed! but the 75 sqft is only counted horizontally, it will be muchj more if virtically....

our dear/poor WV is only 2.8m high... almost mission impossible to build a loft like this....

let's see how stanley can play the magic :D especially the huge white elephent...... i think he may against to put piano in the living hall... :D

Ha ha, see how one guy did it with only 75 sq ft in Rome.
http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/photos/the-smallest-house-in-italy-is-architecturally-stunning-slideshow/

With proper planning and a good ID, like Stanley... anything is possible.;)

East Lover
18-08-13, 11:34
Need to consult our expert Mr Tay again :ashamed1:

If I want to build a bookcase against the dry wall, to hold my books n CD collection, can our dry wall hold such weight? Especially one portion I intend to hang in top of sofa bed. Given the heavy weight of books, I have no confidence at all...

thechoi
18-08-13, 21:34
This wk photo from fellow WVer - Annie Gong
Hmmm...there are some discussion on these pic, but the one that caught my attention are the air con location n height and also the lighting point location. :scared-5:

East Lover
18-08-13, 21:47
Thanks!!! :cheers4: :cheers4:

This wk photo from fellow WVer - Annie Gong
Hmmm...there are some discussion on these pic, but the one that caught my attention are the air con location n height and also the lighting point location. :scared-5:

East Lover
18-08-13, 21:51
Good news FEC!!!

PM just said move the airbase to changi, so the quarry park will be surely developed! It will connect to our reservoir finally :D

Once the height restriction removed, our WV will be unblocked 20-30 years later at double, triple price :D

Pro888
18-08-13, 23:44
Tot they will fill up the quarry but move the whole airbase instead. :cheers1:

chestnut
19-08-13, 06:58
Tot they will fill up the quarry but move the whole airbase instead. :cheers1:

It is not going to happen....

smpeh
19-08-13, 08:21
It is not going to happen....

Bro, u were right about moving the oasis panjang port. Care to advise why not happen this case?

chestnut
19-08-13, 11:40
Bro, u were right about moving the oasis panjang port. Care to advise why not happen this case?

How to fill up the quarry....

Read up... They have plans for the quarry..... It is written somewhere... I am too lazy to dig it up....

The beauty in Waterview is

1. How to build something in the PARK to block your view????

In other words.... Your VIEW will never be BLOCKED....

As for the Quarry, it should be integrated with the PARK....

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

star
19-08-13, 12:35
Great pics.

East Lover
19-08-13, 12:49
big bro, congrates to your WV and PP :cheers4:

Just one more question: once the sand hill removed, will new build block the city view for WV? :cool:

How to fill up the quarry....

Read up... They have plans for the quarry..... It is written somewhere... I am too lazy to dig it up....

The beauty in Waterview is

1. How to build something in the PARK to block your view????

In other words.... Your VIEW will never be BLOCKED....

As for the Quarry, it should be integrated with the PARK....

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

chestnut
19-08-13, 14:24
big bro, congrates to your WV and PP :cheers4:

Just one more question: once the sand hill removed, will new build block the city view for WV? :cool:

Sis, you are facing the reservoir.... Your view there will be unblocked for a long range.... That is the most important... Anything else is a BONUS...

If u want to sell your reservoir unit, u will be able to command a premium leh...

Qbay will not have that kind of view and is more ex.

Cheers

:cheers1:

jbtay
20-08-13, 14:39
Need to consult our expert Mr Tay again :ashamed1:

If I want to build a bookcase against the dry wall, to hold my books n CD collection, can our dry wall hold such weight? Especially one portion I intend to hang in top of sofa bed. Given the heavy weight of books, I have no confidence at all...

Hello East Lover
I'm no expert. I can only refer to the BCA leaflet on drywalls. Noticed they are careful to show pics only of picture frames and windows mounted on the walls. No pics of even a TV on the drywall. Leaflet also mentioned that for heavy duty cupboards etc, consult contractor and use heavy duty anchors. I too have reservations. Not sure if the metal struts used are thin and flimsy or solid stuff. Advice from the net is that some reinforcement is necessary if intend to suspend something heavy. I too was thinking of suspending a long short cabinet for hifi eqpt about a foot off the floor. Looks classier and able to clean floor beneath. Guess have to consult Stan. He should be able to advise I hope. Am seeing him on 7 Sep. :ashamed1:

East Lover
21-08-13, 16:05
Thank you Mr Tay.
Stan told me that need to install some support... but the long wall in the living hall should be ok.

All the best for your meeting with Stan. He is still as friendly and helfpul as before :D

Hello East Lover
I'm no expert. I can only refer to the BCA leaflet on drywalls. Noticed they are careful to show pics only of picture frames and windows mounted on the walls. No pics of even a TV on the drywall. Leaflet also mentioned that for heavy duty cupboards etc, consult contractor and use heavy duty anchors. I too have reservations. Not sure if the metal struts used are thin and flimsy or solid stuff. Advice from the net is that some reinforcement is necessary if intend to suspend something heavy. I too was thinking of suspending a long short cabinet for hifi eqpt about a foot off the floor. Looks classier and able to clean floor beneath. Guess have to consult Stan. He should be able to advise I hope. Am seeing him on 7 Sep. :ashamed1:

East Lover
21-08-13, 16:08
I called the supplier. They will have very good price near the year end! good news for our dear FEC! :p

based on the photo taken in the actual site, i think I can put the first one outside the entry... no need installation, just place on the floor will do.

I think we can group up for better price :rolleyes:
http://www.crystalhome.com.sg/images/sproducts_indi19a.jpg
Dimension:130w-26d-98h cmCapacity:up to 28 pairsFeature:Zig-Zag shelving.
Soft close doors.
http://www.crystalhome.com.sg/images/ssproducts_indi01.jpg
Dimension:102w-17d-80h cmCapacity:up to 11 pairsFeature:Zig-Zag shelving. Wall mounted above floor level, enable washing/flushing of floor.
Suitable for common corridor.

This one maybe can be installed align the wall in the entry? hide behind the main door??:rolleyes:

Laguna
21-08-13, 16:35
Even the screw you used for dry wall is different from the normal ones.
Dry wall is not meant to Be used for support

jbtay
21-08-13, 16:36
Thank you Mr Tay.
Stan told me that need to install some support... but the long wall in the living hall should be ok.

All the best for your meeting with Stan. He is still as friendly and helfpul as before :D

Yes, the long wall is external wall, hence brickwall. The TV point and double-gang power point is there too. Now that we know the living room aircon is at above the hallway passage, wife is no longer particular on which side for the sitting area, so I can suspend my av eqpt cabinet, TV feature wall and then piano. Hope Stan can work some wonders here. Am looking for clean cut looks, everything hidden away, easy for an elderly couple to dust and maintain w/o domestic help :D

East Lover
21-08-13, 19:39
Even the screw you used for dry wall is different from the normal ones.
Dry wall is not meant to Be used for support
Thanks! I have so many big drawings... Headache now

East Lover
21-08-13, 19:44
Do share with us! I'm headache for the piano also :D

Glad that ur wife support u now :p

Yes, the long wall is external wall, hence brickwall. The TV point and double-gang power point is there too. Now that we know the living room aircon is at above the hallway passage, wife is no longer particular on which side for the sitting area, so I can suspend my av eqpt cabinet, TV feature wall and then piano. Hope Stan can work some wonders here. Am looking for clean cut looks, everything hidden away, easy for an elderly couple to dust and maintain w/o domestic help :D

IamSailing
21-08-13, 22:50
I'm thinking of moving the open kitchen into the back service balcony. So WC need to be removed and wall to be taken down. Is that allowed? And how will that affect the warranty?

East Lover
22-08-13, 10:02
I'm thinking of moving the open kitchen into the back service balcony. So WC need to be removed and wall to be taken down. Is that allowed? And how will that affect the warranty?
Based on the floorplan, the WC wall next to back yard is not allowed to removed. Anyway, u need qualify engineer to certify before u hack any wall, and u have to pay 5k for such certification :)

Some of FEC have already requested SL to remove some wall of WC during construction. It's too late to request now.

East Lover
22-08-13, 10:03
一命二运三风水,四积阴德五读书,六名七相八敬神,九交贵人十保养。

这十大方面基本上涵盖了命理所关注的问题。为什么有的人能力一般却一帆风顺,飞黄腾达,有的人非常能干却劫穷困潦倒,落魄一生?为什么有时你不经意就能获得很好的结果,有时你费尽心机劫落得一场空?

【三风水】 地吉苗旺,宅吉人旺。俗话说“地灵人杰”,一方好水土,养育一方好人才。个人生存的环境,影响其一生的健康与发展。在黄帝建城时,就有“察其阴阳,观其向背”的说法。风水学主张“明堂平旷,万象森罗;众水朝归,诸山聚会,草盛木繁,水深土厚”。纵观中因历史,领袖或富豪多生于依山面水,藏风聚气,风景秀丽之地。得以禀赋天地之灵气。近水者多智慧,靠山者多道义。苏南多文才,江北多政要,客观地说,风水对人的影响确实很大。 家居风水的地理位置,房屋的形状结构,通风采光,家居摆设,装饰颜色等因素,都与个人的运势息息相关,古人讲“三元九运”,二十年吉凶方位变化一次,六十年风水轮流转,是为一人大周期。住宅的好坏,直接影响一个家庭的运势发展。

jjtio
22-08-13, 12:04
一命二运三风水,四积阴德五读书,六名七相八敬神,九交贵人十保养。

这十大方面基本上涵盖了命理所关注的问题。为什么有的人能力一般却一帆风顺,飞黄腾达,有的人非常能干却劫穷困潦倒,落魄一生?为什么有时你不经意就能获得很好的结果,有时你费尽心机劫落得一场空?

【三风水】 地吉苗旺,宅吉人旺。俗话说“地灵人杰”,一方好水土,养育一方好人才。个人生存的环境,影响其一生的健康与发展。在黄帝建城时,就有“察其阴阳,观其向背”的说法。风水学主张“明堂平旷,万象森罗;众水朝归,诸山聚会,草盛木繁,水深土厚”。纵观中因历史,领袖或富豪多生于依山面水,藏风聚气,风景秀丽之地。得以禀赋天地之灵气。近水者多智慧,靠山者多道义。苏南多文才,江北多政要,客观地说,风水对人的影响确实很大。 家居风水的地理位置,房屋的形状结构,通风采光,家居摆设,装饰颜色等因素,都与个人的运势息息相关,古人讲“三元九运”,二十年吉凶方位变化一次,六十年风水轮流转,是为一人大周期。住宅的好坏,直接影响一个家庭的运势发展。

cheem EastLover

East Lover
22-08-13, 12:13
In summary, Feng Shui is important. Pls consult FS master before you start renovation, if you believe FS ;)

cheem EastLover

jjtio
22-08-13, 13:30
In summary, Feng Shui is important. Pls consult FS master before you start renovation, if you believe FS ;)

thanks dear. confirm i will seek FS advice. :)

athenl
23-08-13, 08:32
keep looking at the pictures and thinking of ID now,..
should I go to ID first or think of what I want or measure first,..confused:ashamed1:

East Lover
23-08-13, 08:57
can go to Expo talk to all those designer, more and more you will get your ideas clearer and clearer...

but ask only hoh, don't commit or pay deposit :D

keep looking at the pictures and thinking of ID now,..
should I go to ID first or think of what I want or measure first,..confused:ashamed1:

jbtay
24-08-13, 14:21
Fresh this morning with thanks from EastGuy.
Also Desquire famous Mickey Mouse Ears for layout C1 3 bedder.
Not sure if the other layouts have this unique but much hated Disney feature.:doh:

East Lover
24-08-13, 22:29
Thank you Mr Tay, East guy!

WV progress looks good! They are busy in the green now.... Just don't understand why club house take so long time to progress :mad:

The bin center is halfway done, guard house started, baby pool features are up, what's the next? :rolleyes:

By the way, the HDB "forest green" behind EC already fenced up. Really hope 2 years later we can have walking-distance NTUC n coffee shops :D

Not sure if the other layouts have this unique but much hated Disney feature.:doh:

East Lover
24-08-13, 22:35
Btw, what is bro Desquire's Micky Mouse Ears? :D

C1 is quite standard layout Wah, anything special? :rolleyes:

Kengar
24-08-13, 23:02
Btw, what is bro Desquire's Micky Mouse Ears? :D

C1 is quite standard layout Wah, anything special? :rolleyes:

Hi Sis, in one of the photos, u can see the bomb shelter air hole appearing on the wall where most of us would construct a shoe cabinet. It is the first thing u will see when the door opens. The other air hole is facing the 2nd balcony. Hence these are the two "ears".

East Lover
25-08-13, 10:54
I see! That's really silly to let the air hole be the first thing to be seen :doh:

This design link must be very lousy! I guess they couldn't keep the good employee, so can only hire the inexperienced undergraduate :( :( otherwise how to explain the stupid blue color n such silly design? :simmering:

Hi Sis, in one of the photos, u can see the bomb shelter air hole appearing on the wall where most of us would construct a shoe cabinet. It is the first thing u will see when the door opens. The other air hole is facing the 2nd balcony. Hence these are the two "ears".

East Lover
25-08-13, 10:57
I intend to use HS as maid room. If I cover it up, how about the ventilation? Can one sleep comfortably if the air hole covered up?

Aiyoh, additional item for reno :doh:

desquire
25-08-13, 13:47
I see! That's really silly to let the air hole be the first thing to be seen :doh:

This design link must be very lousy! I guess they couldn't keep the good employee, so can only hire the inexperienced undergraduate :( :( otherwise how to explain the stupid blue color n such silly design? :simmering:
I am really disillusioned by the day. Now no longer looking coward to anything. When the place is ready then I will decide the next move.

I went over my brother's new condo in Punggol. The greenery, the materials, the end product, the everything is very well done. I'm so impressed with it.

Much thoughts were put in by the architects and designers to ensure that the owners/buyers are happy. I'm so happy for him. For myself, I feel pathetic. Seriously. Talk about the 'blue'. It's an endless long list...:(

star
25-08-13, 13:54
I am really disillusioned by the day. Now no longer looking coward to anything. When the place is ready then I will decide the next move.

I went over my brother's new condo in Punggol. The greenery, the materials, the end product, the everything is very well done. I'm so impressed with it.

Much thoughts were put in by the architects and designers to ensure that the owners/buyers are happy. I'm so happy for him. For myself, I feel pathetic. Seriously. Talk about the 'blue'. It's an endless long list...:(
Blue makes me feel blue everyday.:(

chestnut
25-08-13, 13:56

Why u so disillusioned????

The key is, u have made money on Waterview and now u have options to stay or find another condo ....

The disillusioned are those who did not buy anything and saw the prices shoot up over the past few years...

U can easily buy QBay and sell away Waterview leh....

Aiyo, why get so upset over 1 house... Really leh, u are an emo person. And for that, I really encourage u to follow your heart.... Go where your heart wants or you will be at remorse stage for a long time...

:cheers1: :cheers1:

Kopi Kar Tai
25-08-13, 14:51
Dear all,

I agree with bro Chestnut.

Let us not compare other projects, how well their worksmanship etc.
Life is about learning and we learnt, and should move on.
Developers think they could do what they want and legally so to speak, but there is one thing they can't ignore: Their brand name.

In the long run, prospective buyers who learnt and became wiser will take another added step of not just looking at value, location of property etc. but most important, the developer's track record, quality in other projects, feedback etc. With so many new competitors now e.g. QingJian etc., sustainability in this industry is key.

And oh yes, bro Chestnut is also correct: make $$ is more important than just mortar bricks and water. :) (for ECs, sorry to say but lock in period is 5 yrs and beyond...).

It is fate that brought all pioneer WVers together so let's make top notch neighbours as a strong factor, till the value goes up further! :cool:

athenl
25-08-13, 15:06
can go to Expo talk to all those designer, more and more you will get your ideas clearer and clearer...

but ask only hoh, don't commit or pay deposit :D

EL, you seems like an expert,..do you think customised loft bed is good or off-the-shelf type? not sure how ex it is for customised type,....

desquire
25-08-13, 16:04
Why u so disillusioned????

The key is, u have made money on Waterview and now u have options to stay or find another condo ....

The disillusioned are those who did not buy anything and saw the prices shoot up over the past few years...

U can easily buy QBay and sell away Waterview leh....

Aiyo, why get so upset over 1 house... Really leh, u are an emo person. And for that, I really encourage u to follow your heart.... Go where your heart wants or you will be at remorse stage for a long time...

:cheers1: :cheers1:

Thanks for your advise. Appreciate it.

East Lover
26-08-13, 00:12
WV ceiling height is 2.8m only, hard to find a nice one off-the-shelf.:mad:

U can see the photo for NV, shared by bro Shadus.... Looks good! Hope not too expensive :o

EL, you seems like an expert,..do you think customised loft bed is good or off-the-shelf type? not sure how ex it is for customised type,....

thechoi
26-08-13, 13:52

Sis East Lover, you have said what is on my mind... they are really lousy . Maybe they are cheap that why simlian engage them..:cheers4:

thechoi
26-08-13, 15:31

Bro desquire, cheer up...you still have your hdb right? You can still have the option to sell wv n buy a better one. You are not the pathetic one, it the developer n designer who are...i just feel embarassed by them.

star
26-08-13, 15:48
In my humble opinion too late to change... Stamp duty 10% and recently my frd monthly income of $8600 can only loan $500k for 25year loan. TDS really kill.

clemdale24
26-08-13, 15:49
Bro desquire, cheer up...you still have your hdb right? You can still have the option to sell wv n buy a better one. You are not the pathetic one, it the developer n designer who are...i just feel embarassed by them.

hate to say this. but the blue looks ugly. and the overall appearance/ design looks very hdb flat-like. together, the project, though new, looks like a very old hdb estate that have weathered many many storms.

East Lover
26-08-13, 15:52
I ever brought my friend from overseas to see WV from the car park. she said the condo next WV looks much better :doh:

i think we have to spend $$$ to repaint it. last time Tropica also painted in peach color, very low class one, after change to earth color by own fund, now it looks much more class...:p

hate to say this. but the blue looks ugly. and the overall appearance/ design looks very hdb flat-like. together, the project, though new, looks like a very old hdb estate that have weathered many many storms.

East Lover
26-08-13, 15:53
so little? what's the fomular?
$8600x12 => $100K per year. how to derive from this $100K?

In my humble opinion too late to change... Stamp duty 10% and recently my frd monthly income of $8600 can only loan $500k for 25year loan. TDS really kill.

desquire
26-08-13, 17:48
Thanks there. Will see what's the next step now...

kEN9170
26-08-13, 18:28

U can see the photo for NV, shared by bro Shadus.... Looks good! Hope not too expensive :o

Loft bed looks nice but not safe for young kids especially when they wake up in the middle of the night to visit loo. For older kids, they may need to "crawl" in to the bed.

East Lover
26-08-13, 20:30
Agreed.... End up maybe a white elephant :scared-4:

Bro how is your ID sourcing? Did u approach Stanley?

Loft bed looks nice but not safe for young kids especially when they wake up in the middle of the night to visit loo. For older kids, they may need to "crawl" in to the bed.

East Lover
26-08-13, 20:33
From the Minton thread, it seems they are ready for TOP any time...

Back to WV, our landscape so cheapo :o End of this week is end of August Liao, don't think we can receive payment request by August...

But even at this time, there are a group of workers busy at blk 77 for the landscape now.... Still got hope :cheers5:

chestnut
26-08-13, 20:34

Brudder, something for u to digest

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/singapore/top-bid-for-tampines/746448.html

http://www.sgnewlaunch.org/qbay.html

What do u think waterview will be worth when MCC Land launch parcel B????

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Food for thot...:cheers4: :cheers4:

Kengar
26-08-13, 20:57
I ever brought my friend from overseas to see WV from the car park. she said the condo next WV looks much better :doh:

i think we have to spend $$$ to repaint it. last time Tropica also painted in peach color, very low class one, after change to earth color by own fund, now it looks much more class...:p

SL told me if residents still have issue about colour after TOP still can discuss , we just need sufficient support among residents to open a forum with SL. Recently it seems nobody have issue with colour. I felt exactly the same, embarrassed by the developer and its architect.

BigBoy
26-08-13, 21:02
WV's blue reminds me of some factory buildings nearby.:doh:

angiedan78
26-08-13, 21:05
SL told me if residents still have issue about colour after TOP still can discuss , we just need sufficient support among residents to open a forum with SL. Recently it seems nobody have issue with colour. I felt exactly the same, embarrassed by the developer and its architect.

Dear WV

By then, everyone is busying moving in, can't be bothered about color, that's what we believe SL would think. It'll die of natural death if we stop here.
We've since larrying with our friends & relatives to boycott future projects with them. We don't expect to have good workmanship with the interior either & Juz hope there'll be less defects to complain. Sigh...............:doh:
Well what to do, what's done cannot be undone, live with it or sell now, still can make some profits.

East Lover
26-08-13, 21:28
Bro, thanks for ur persistence ! Appreciate it:)

It seems SL selected wrong design firm, and they have no much control once outsourced.... Typical vendor mgmt issue :o

I think it's positive that SL is still open for discussion! We shall try our best to do it after TOP, we have one year time before fully paid.

Be positive! We have much better view, closer to park and yet cheapest among the new condo :cheers5: next year with the nice color, price will getting higher for bro Desquire to sell at record high :D

East Lover
26-08-13, 21:33
Angie, big boy, no worry about the color.... Bro Kengar has done a good job! We keep our hope after we move in.

We will discuss with SL when most of us move in and settle down. Hopefully we can repaint it without our own fund :cheers5: :cheers5:

If sell now, can make $$$, but where to buy such beautiful place at such beautiful price? :D

Don't forget u can just walk to the park so easily, many ppl drive or take bus to reservoir for excise leh...;)

Just to add on, one Ang moh I know just rented one unit in reservoir area, I asked him why? He said he like reservoir, and that's the life style many ppl look for....

So cheer, and be proud of being WVer :cheers4:

WV's blue reminds me of some factory buildings nearby.:doh:

Dear WV

By then, everyone is busying moving in, can't be bothered about color, that's what we believe SL would think. It'll die of natural death if we stop here.
We've since larrying with our friends & relatives to boycott future projects with them. We don't expect to have good workmanship with the interior either & Juz hope there'll be less defects to complain. Sigh...............:doh:
Well what to do, what's done cannot be undone, live with it or sell now, still can make some profits.

East Lover
26-08-13, 21:41
Big bro, you are so kind!

Thanks for the sharing! With more higher land bidding, and the direction of redeveloping PLAB, WV will be much much worthy...

Dear bear bear Desquire, do u want to think twice before u really want to give up your water+pool facing unit? :D

Color, Micky Mouse ear all can be resolved with small effort... :p only the space issue need your high IQ to figure out :D

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/singapore/top-bid-for-tampines/746448.html

HAHAHAHAHAHA

chestnut
26-08-13, 21:51
Big bro, you are so kind!

Thanks for the sharing! With more higher land bidding, and the direction of redeveloping PLAB, WV will be much much worthy...

Dear bear bear Desquire, do u want to think twice before u really want to give up your water+pool facing unit? :D

Color, Micky Mouse ear all can be resolved with small effort... :p only the space issue need your high IQ to figure out :D

Actually, it is interesting... If you look at Clover by the Park, it is the same... Lots of complaints... The project is also by Sim Lian.... I also have Clover by the Park. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Some how Sim Lian kanna shit in this forum... Dont know why??? HAHAHAHAHAHA

I buy Sim Lian project because they always price 'fair'. Of course in terms of finishing, cannot beat CDL... But you pay more for finishing with CDL, MCL, etc...

But I buying for investment, so different requirements....

Wish u guys best of luck with the colour scheme....:cheers4: :cheers4:

Cheers:cheers4: :cheers5:

chiaberry
26-08-13, 22:07

It looks like a difficult job to change the bedsheets for this.

You can't have thick mattresses or you will break your back.

:doh:

athenl
26-08-13, 22:17

Due to small space, that is why look into loft bed,...
There is off the shelf type, but need to check them out physically,...
Not sure about workmanship,...that is why asking for opinion,...though I do agreed it is more for older kids,...

desquire
27-08-13, 07:37

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Haha. Thanks bro!!!:D

desquire
27-08-13, 07:41
Bro, thanks for ur persistence ! Appreciate it:)

It seems SL selected wrong design firm, and they have no much control once outsourced.... Typical vendor mgmt issue :o

I think it's positive that SL is still open for discussion! We shall try our best to do it after TOP, we have one year time before fully paid.

Be positive! We have much better view, closer to park and yet cheapest among the new condo :cheers5: next year with the nice color, price will getting higher for bro Desquire to sell at record high :D

It's more of a home for me if I were to stay. Not overly concerned about the record prices. Mine's just another simple unit lah. Yours is a confirmed 'Record' big time... Hahaha. :D

desquire
27-08-13, 07:49
Dear WV

We share the same thoughts and sentiments... Meanwhile, we just have to bite our tongue and see what's the final outcome to 'these'...:confused:

Shadus
27-08-13, 12:31

Ya... i understand the safety concern with kids myself....

Actually, i use to sleep on a double deck bed myself as a kid... and in Army, i had to take the top deck coz my buddy dun dare to sleep on it...haha

minami-san
27-08-13, 13:33
Dear WV

My friend has just moved into her SL condo (Rocelle@Newton). Her ID commented that the SL workmanship is not bad...better than FEO projects! So no need to be so pessimistic :)

minami-san
27-08-13, 13:37
Due to small space, that is why look into loft bed,...
There is off the shelf type, but need to check them out physically,...
Not sure about workmanship,...that is why asking for opinion,...though I do agreed it is more for older kids,...

What is the minimum floor-to-ceiling height to have a comfortable loft? Hmm..i think at least 3.5m? Our WV only about 2.8m...

Denlim
27-08-13, 15:08
My friend has just moved into her SL condo (Rocelle@Newton). Her ID commented that the SL workmanship is not bad...better than FEO projects! So no need to be so pessimistic :)

This is really nice to know and am defintely looking forward to shift in WV once TOP... As for the rest of the issues, I will just let nature takes it course and focus on the bright side of things. Life will be more beautiful then :-)

sleeping lamb
27-08-13, 19:05
Workmanship is better because Newton is somewhere upmarket?

angiedan78
27-08-13, 21:07
Angie, big boy, no worry about the color.... Bro Kengar has done a good job! We keep our hope after we move in.

We will discuss with SL when most of us move in and settle down. Hopefully we can repaint it without our own fund :cheers5: :cheers5:

If sell now, can make $$$, but where to buy such beautiful place at such beautiful price? :D

Don't forget u can just walk to the park so easily, many ppl drive or take bus to reservoir for excise leh...;)

Just to add on, one Ang moh I know just rented one unit in reservoir area, I asked him why? He said he like reservoir, and that's the life style many ppl look for....

So cheer, and be proud of being WVer :cheers4:

Sis EL

Thanks for the comfort words. U r right, bro kengar did a good job but our forum + FB MUST demand SL to do something about the color before the one year expires. Expect a lot of running to larrying everyone to petition against the current color. We must join hands & perseverance will prevail.
U r absolutely right, where to get such cheap condo now + govt Juz announced PR can only buy house 3 years after issuance of status, expect rental & sale of condos or HDB to go go go up up up the way!
Cheers to all WV residents!

chestnut
27-08-13, 21:18
I am a repeat customer of Sim Lian... If their work is bad, you think I will buy again...????

I also own Clover by the Park....

Hahahahaha

angiedan78
28-08-13, 08:33
I am a repeat customer of Sim Lian... If their work is bad, you think I will buy again...????

I also own Clover by the Park....

Hahahahaha

Dear Chestnut

Pple purchased houses for many reasons, just like you've said, you bought SL units for investment, therefore be it in quality or colors, no issues to you but for pple living in for good instead of investment, i believe it's a total different story.
of course, different pple have different opinions, what we want to derive in this forum is to SHAKE the developer up & ensure that what we pay / see at the show flat is what we get, they SHOULD NOT short change or change something that we do not even know of & went ahead doing it, simple as that!
We also expect not all of you will join hands in lobbying the color scheme issue but with majority force, we trust we'll get something out of it.
Appreciate those with our sentiments.
:) :) :)

chestnut
28-08-13, 09:13
What i am saying is - if their workmanship is bad, would I buy again????

I am not talking about the colour lar....

For me a home needs to be beautiful on the inside with nice neighbours... that's all....

I have bought a townhouse to stay in (still own the place - rented out) and the finishing sucks.... I endured the 'tourture' staying there regretting.... What should have been in my mind was, move on... I have learnt from my 'mistake'.... The pain was not worth it... So now i more open minded and do what makes me happy vs 'complaining and regretting'....

It is really up to you folks how you want to take it right... You control your own feelings... There is nothing wrong about not liking the colour blue... Just be prepared to 'live with it' if it cannot change... Yes, you guys need to gather and gartner some comradie to resolve this issue with the developer... if you guys want me in, no problem... I will gladly sign the document... Cheers....

Dont get so uptight before the finished product...

You still have 3 months to go leh.... Relax and enjoy.... you guys have a facebook site right... Still can discuss wat...

Trust me, if the unit is ugly, it will also affect my investment rite...

Many complain about Clover by the Park initially... But whenever I go there during construction, I feel shiok....

I am not saying all this to make Waterview prices go up... My opinion is not many people view this site... There are offers coming in for Waterview... Think about it, if the site is so ugly, why people still buy resale???? One man's poison is another man's meat....

What looks ugly to you does not mean it looks ugly to me leh.... You cannot insist that I dislike it rite????

I find Sim Lian projects very funtional.... but some people say too many corridor... Again, it is all about preference...

You have every reason to dislike and I will not stop you from feeling that way...

Cheers

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Dear Chestnut

Pple purchased houses for many reasons, just like you've said, you bought SL units for investment, therefore be it in quality or colors, no issues to you but for pple living in for good instead of investment, i believe it's a total different story.
of course, different pple have different opinions, what we want to derive in this forum is to SHAKE the developer up & ensure that what we pay / see at the show flat is what we get, they SHOULD NOT short change or change something that we do not even know of & went ahead doing it, simple as that!
We also expect not all of you will join hands in lobbying the color scheme issue but with majority force, we trust we'll get something out of it.
Appreciate those with our sentiments.
:) :) :)

thechoi
28-08-13, 13:22
I agree with bro chestnut... let dont get ourselve upset over the color. Initially i feel disgraced whenever ppl tell me what a horrible color my new condo is painted- aqua green, jade color and etc... they said.......but now, thou i still dont like the color, i have learn that some other ppl love the color and we might be just be the minority that have color preference.
Since we have a group of very helpful wver, we should have no problem doing a petition on the color once top. If majority agree that color is to be change, hopefully we can get sim lian to bear the cost for repainting...:ashamed1:

Bro chestnut, is designlink being used in your previous simlian project? Maybe simlian is ok, just that the designer suck...:scared-3:

jbtay
28-08-13, 13:36
Design Link Architects Pte Ltd did Clover by the Park and also Aquarius by the Park. Main con for AQbP was also Sim Lian, although Developer then was First Bedok Land, a subsidiary of First Capital Corporation Group, now GuocoLand.
AQbP landscaping etc pretty good leh. After 11 yrs, avg price for 1324 sq ft hitting 950 psf.

jbtay
28-08-13, 13:43
As Bro Chestnut said, this is still a work in progress. Lets wait a couple more months. Still quite a lot of works: remaining ... we are nowhere near TOP. To compare, just look at the pics for Minton ... and they have not even billed for carpark, roads etc yet, but clubhouse and facilities look like all completed and even signboard already up.:sleep: ;)

thechoi
28-08-13, 14:47
As Bro Chestnut said, this is still a work in progress. Lets wait a couple more months. Still quite a lot of works: remaining ... we are nowhere near TOP. To compare, just look at the pics for Minton ... and they have not even billed for carpark, roads etc yet, but clubhouse and facilities look like all completed and even signboard already up.:sleep: ;)

Pls dont remind me that we are nowhere near Top.... make me sad...:banghead:

jbtay
28-08-13, 15:06
Pls dont remind me that we are nowhere near Top.... make me sad...:banghead:

My sincere apologies. But hard facts of life.. need to face reality.. and for those whose lease expiring, then have to accept reality and get a back-up plan ready, cannot hope against hope, and in view of shutdown pre and post CNY, its always better to prepare for a realistic case and if it turns out to be better, good but if not, we are not caught off-guard. :sleep:

star
28-08-13, 16:55
Seriously when compare waterview condo to minton condo, just the buildng only not the landscape. Minton win. But sim lian lnternal layout is quite gd. Next time if u want nice nice buildings buy kheng leong developer project.

See kheng leong previous project here:
http://www.myminton.com/Developer.html

angiedan78
29-08-13, 08:15
What i am saying is - if their workmanship is bad, would I buy again????

I am not talking about the colour lar....

For me a home needs to be beautiful on the inside with nice neighbours... that's all....

I have bought a townhouse to stay in (still own the place - rented out) and the finishing sucks.... I endured the 'tourture' staying there regretting.... What should have been in my mind was, move on... I have learnt from my 'mistake'.... The pain was not worth it... So now i more open minded and do what makes me happy vs 'complaining and regretting'....

It is really up to you folks how you want to take it right... You control your own feelings... There is nothing wrong about not liking the colour blue... Just be prepared to 'live with it' if it cannot change... Yes, you guys need to gather and gartner some comradie to resolve this issue with the developer... if you guys want me in, no problem... I will gladly sign the document... Cheers....

Dont get so uptight before the finished product...

You still have 3 months to go leh.... Relax and enjoy.... you guys have a facebook site right... Still can discuss wat...

Trust me, if the unit is ugly, it will also affect my investment rite...

Many complain about Clover by the Park initially... But whenever I go there during construction, I feel shiok....

I am not saying all this to make Waterview prices go up... My opinion is not many people view this site... There are offers coming in for Waterview... Think about it, if the site is so ugly, why people still buy resale???? One man's poison is another man's meat....

What looks ugly to you does not mean it looks ugly to me leh.... You cannot insist that I dislike it rite????

I find Sim Lian projects very funtional.... but some people say too many corridor... Again, it is all about preference...

You have every reason to dislike and I will not stop you from feeling that way...

Cheers

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Bro Chestnut
Didn't expect you to write such a long story. Totally agree with your points. i believe many of us had complained about the color since Day 1 & the interiors (hopefully not). There're pple who worked thru their lives just to live comfortably in a condo when retire, of course, they demanded more. Nonetheless, to each its own.
Looks like what Bro JBtay said, we're in nowhere TOP. Let's hope the best for all of us, be it investment or stays......
Cheers!

East Lover
29-08-13, 22:22
Where is the tampines north new town? Behind UWC??

Which quarry park are they talking about?? :confused:

A second major park, Quarry Park, will also be created and could feature a quarry pond, inspired by Tampines’ history as a sand quarry site.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/20130829/SingHomesSeven2908e.jpg

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tampines-north-green-shoot-tampines-town

IceQ
29-08-13, 23:01
Where is the tampines north new town? Behind UWC??

Which quarry park are they talking about?? :confused:

A second major park, Quarry Park, will also be created and could feature a quarry pond, inspired by Tampines’ history as a sand quarry site.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/20130829/SingHomesSeven2908e.jpg

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tampines-north-green-shoot-tampines-town

This is a newly create Quarry Park, not the actual Tampines Quarry. Weird right? See detail and video.
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10320p.nsf/w/futurehomesbetterlives3?OpenDocument

East Lover
30-08-13, 11:02
i think PLAB will be moved at 2030, NOT BY 2030!!! :hell-hath-no-fury:

therefore gov can't develop the quarry park, and move the sand hill :banghead:

there could be already a small quarry behind the sun plaze forest, just nobody notice it.... the new town is from ave 9 which is behind the new DBSS & EC, and all the way to IKEA site. those EC ppl will huat the most, as they can access to 3 shopping malls in Tampines towns, and new parks via the land bridge to new town...

nothing related much to WV ....:o

This is a newly create Quarry Park, not the actual Tampines Quarry. Weird right? See detail and video.

Justin3
30-08-13, 11:07

this is quite interesting, plan to have a look at HDB Hub till 15 Sep.

athenl
30-08-13, 23:33
Just visit the renotalk forum, various ppl have different comment about individual ID but in the same company.

Does it mean ID person is more important or the company itself?
Now a bit worried,..dunno how,...

jbtay
31-08-13, 09:54
As Usual, Bro EastGuy has generously provided the latest update for your viewing pleasure. Don't seem to be much progress at the clubhouse. But there is definitely a lot of clearing up being done and works has commenced at the guardhouse. The raw jewel is there, just waiting for the final cutting and the polishing. If we turn our minds to our own preparations, e.g. discarding items we will not be transferring, starting our own layout design, discussing with ID, drawing up a list of things to do...... It will make the waiting much easier :sleep:
Have a pleasant and peace-filled weekend.

East Lover
31-08-13, 10:39
Thank you Mr Tay and East Guy!!

Why the clubhouse took so long time to progress?? Isn't it a small simply building? :(

I noticed the water is already there in the enter waterfall.....;)

Yes I'm going to expo again this weekend, to make the waiting easier...

As Usual, Bro EastGuy has generously provided the latest update for your viewing pleasure. Don't seem to be much progress at the clubhouse. But there is definitely a lot of clearing up being done and works has commenced at the guardhouse. The raw jewel is there, just waiting for the final cutting and the polishing. If we turn our minds to our own preparations, e.g. discarding items we will not be transferring, starting our own layout design, discussing with ID, drawing up a list of things to do...... It will make the waiting much easier :sleep:
Have a pleasant and peace-filled weekend.

jbtay
31-08-13, 10:48
If you were wondering why those earlier pics seem to be those of 24 Aug, well, its to test if you are as sleepy as I am..:D

These are 13 of the latest pics fresh from EastGuy and he has promised more pics later. Thank you. Not much progress externally...:sleep:

East Lover
31-08-13, 11:22
You did it successfully :D

Well, no big progress for the clubhouse.... Why so slow for so tiny house? :scared-5:

If you were wondering why those earlier pics seem to be those of 24 Aug, well, its to test if you are as sleepy as I am..:D

These are 13 of the latest pics fresh from EastGuy and he has promised more pics later. Thank you. Not much progress externally...:sleep:

athenl
31-08-13, 12:13

Thank you! Could see progress,..:cheers4:

jbtay
31-08-13, 15:06
Some progress at Children's Pool.:D

angiedan78
31-08-13, 22:49

Thanks Bro jbtay for the weekly updates without fail.
As always, waiting eagerly for them to be shown at condosingapore & FB.
Thanks vvvvvvvv much!

East Lover
31-08-13, 23:37
Thank you Mr Tay and bro East Guy!

Wow the pool looks huge, because the workers look so tiny :D

athenl
31-08-13, 23:52

Mr Tay, may I know most of the pictures are taken in the morning or afternoon? just curious,...

jbtay
01-09-13, 09:16
Mr Tay, may I know most of the pictures are taken in the morning or afternoon? just curious,...

From my understanding, EastGuy took them in the morning. Likely btw 9am to 11am. :cool:

jbtay
01-09-13, 10:05
Thanks Bro jbtay for the weekly updates without fail.
As always, waiting eagerly for them to be shown at condosingapore & FB.
Thanks vvvvvvvv much!

I got the easier part, sitting in the comfort of my home. I understand our dear EastGuy has to travel from Marine Parade to Tampines Ave 1 each Saturday.
I haven't been to the reservoir for the past month myself since the haze. Did something silly I guess and old NS wound flare up. Getting sciatica pain in the knee and below due to nerve impingement. Trying to get the sciatic nerve out of the way with the help of the physio therapist. :sleep: Hope to start back my nordic walking and see our water baby. :cool:

desquire
01-09-13, 13:20
I got the easier part, sitting in the comfort of my home. I understand our dear EastGuy has to travel from Marine Parade to Tampines Ave 1 each Saturday.
I haven't been to the reservoir for the past month myself since the haze. Did something silly I guess and old NS wound flare up. Getting sciatica pain in the knee and below due to nerve impingement. Trying to get the sciatic nerve out of the way with the help of the physio therapist. :sleep: Hope to start back my nordic walking and see our water baby. :cool:
Hope you're well out there bro!!! Take care and hope you'll soon be making your rounds at the reservoir again. :D

jbtay
01-09-13, 16:26
Hope you're well out there bro!!! Take care and hope you'll soon be making your rounds at the reservoir again. :D

Thank you for your well wishes Bro Desquire. Will take a bit longer this time, ha ha. Also a good reminder to all of us moving house soon, do take care and leave the heavy stuff to the movers. :D

East Lover
02-09-13, 09:35
Hi Mr Tay, pls take good care and recover speedy!:p

East Lover
02-09-13, 09:37
Talk about mover, i do have one very good mover. very professional and the charge is pretty reasonable.

I will share his contact if FEC is interested to know....:p

Thank you for your well wishes Bro Desquire. Will take a bit longer this time, ha ha. Also a good reminder to all of us moving house soon, do take care and leave the heavy stuff to the movers. :D

Kengar
02-09-13, 13:25
Talk about mover, i do have one very good mover. very professional and the charge is pretty reasonable.

I will share his contact if FEC is interested to know....:p

Hi Sis, yes please share the contact with us. And please look out for the email which I have sent you last night for your consideration.

East Lover
02-09-13, 13:40
Hi bro, just replied you via email...

Dear FEC,

Here is the contact of profectional mover i used several times. Very good experiences with them...:p

Lian Tat Seng Construction Transport

Pls look for Wilson

Hi Sis, yes please share the contact with us. And please look out for the email which I have sent you last night for your consideration.

jbtay
02-09-13, 20:34
Hi Mr Tay, pls take good care and recover speedy!:p

Thank you EastLover. Suspect, statin could also be a contributory cause to the nerves and knee pain. Will reduce my statin intake and monitor since my LDL is only 40+. Also have started taking AFC Gold Q10 plus which is 100mg COQ10 plys 33 mg of astaxanthin, pine bark extract, resveratrol, vita E and nano platinum to counter the side effects of statin. :cool:

athenl
02-09-13, 21:55
Thank you EastLover. Suspect, statin could also be a contributory cause to the nerves and knee pain. Will reduce my statin intake and monitor since my LDL is only 40+. Also have started taking AFC Gold Q10 plus which is 100mg COQ10 plys 33 mg of astaxanthin, pine bark extract, resveratrol, vita E and nano platinum to counter the side effects of statin. :cool:

Mr Tay, please take care,...thot I do not quite understand all those you mentioned, sounds like complicated,...

athenl
02-09-13, 21:58
Hi bro, just replied you via email...

Dear FEC,

Here is the contact of profectional mover i used several times. Very good experiences with them...:p

Lian Tat Seng Construction Transport

Pls look for Wilson

EL, could I ask (because never contact mover before) that I need to take some boxes from them first, and pack my things and they will charge per box?

East Lover
03-09-13, 00:02
Put some deposit, then they deliver box to u in advanced. That's what I remembered..:p

U can call to find out more details...

EL, could I ask (because never contact mover before) that I need to take some boxes from them first, and pack my things and they will charge per box?

East Lover
05-09-13, 11:45
WV thread is soooooo quiet.... where are you my dear FEC? :D

by the way, with the several raining, the dry trees in WV started to turn green now... good sign! meaning we are going to collect key at NOV 2013 ! :D

JohnDoe4
05-09-13, 12:32
Sis,

all of us are on FB, lah.

Try to get into FB?

by the way, with the several raining, the dry trees in WV started to turn green now... good sign! meaning we are going to collect key at NOV 2013 ! :D

desquire
05-09-13, 14:49

Wah so fast turn green? There must be a botanist in SL. Hahahha!!:D

jbtay
05-09-13, 15:17
To keep this thread alive...ha ha
Thinking of using this EasyBuild racks from Howard Storage for my laundry poles. As the depth of the racks are 46cm, should be able to put 2 poles each side by side and double the capacity for hanging laundry to dry. Thinking of getting 1x91cm width rack and 1x46cm width rack, both with 46cm depth. Should be able to go into the space in the yard just behind the MBR doorway which we have asked SL to seal up with brickwall. Only 3 of us with washing on alternate days.. should be enough. We do single bedsheets still ok. Q size bedsheets, we send to laundry shop. Can have either fixed or with wheels and attach poles to whichever height.:D

East Lover
05-09-13, 15:33
Sis,

all of us are on FB, lah.

Try to get into FB?
FB hah? ok... will try from home weekend :(

East Lover
05-09-13, 15:34
don't think SL can produce botanist in WV. need our FEC to improve when we take over from SL :D

Wah so fast turn green? There must be a botanist in SL. Hahahha!!:D

East Lover
05-09-13, 15:39
me change bedsheet weekly... need traditional pole to hang the Q & K size bedsheet. my boy boy is using queensize bed...

so...................... can we just install them in backyard?

http://images02.olx-st.com/ui/7/86/37/1285070509_122937937_2-Supply-and-Install-Ceiling-Mounted-Bracket-for-Laundry-Bamboo-Poles-Other-Services-1285070509.jpg
if possible, better can fully utilze the aircond ledge?

To keep this thread alive...ha ha
Thinking of using this EasyBuild racks from Howard Storage for my laundry poles. As the depth of the racks are 46cm, should be able to put 2 poles each side by side and double the capacity for hanging laundry to dry. Thinking of getting 1x91cm width rack and 1x46cm width rack, both with 46cm depth. Should be able to go into the space in the yard just behind the MBR doorway which we have asked SL to seal up with brickwall. Only 3 of us with washing on alternate days.. should be enough. We do single bedsheets still ok. Q size bedsheets, we send to laundry shop. Can have either fixed or with wheels and attach poles to whichever height.:D

jbtay
05-09-13, 16:00
If put above aircon ledge, rain how? Quite xiong if need to carry poles in and out. Alternatively, these aluminium poles can attach on side wall.

East Lover
05-09-13, 16:21
the problem is that we are not allowed to install anything in aircon ledge...:( maybe your portable laundry system much more practical....

after one year, we all go install windows at backyard, good idea? :D

Actually we no need expensive fully open windows, just a normal sliding window will help.

one side 2 slides, longer side 2 slides will be good enough...

http://www.tcsidingprofessionals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/sliding_windows.jpg

If put above aircon ledge, rain how? Quite xiong if need to carry poles in and out. Alternatively, these aluminium poles can attach on side wall.

jbtay
05-09-13, 16:58
Good idea, except the opening in the yard is fairly wide on 2 sides. Not sure if MCST got courage to make that sort of decision or would still have to consult URA. Windows even if sliding or foldable may not meet URA's requirement of having ventilation at all times, since windows can be permanently shut even if no rain. Whereas URA classify balconies and backyards as semi-outdoor spaces (which I think qualifies the developer from certain GFA exemption incentives) and has been very clear and consistent in using the term balcony "screens" and not windows. Still I am not sure why for certain yards, eg in AqBP where windows were allowed as an option even at the outset.

But whatever it is, although URA appear to have a high ideal in mind about supporting greenery, open spaces etc, they are seen to pay lesser attention and have less regard whatsoever to resident's woes concerning rain and haze getting into their balconies and yards, which although may be semi-outdoor spaces but are in fact still living areas where residents spend their lives in.:doh:

East Lover
05-09-13, 17:17
Good idea, except the opening in the yard is fairly wide on 2 sides. Not sure if MCST got courage to make that sort of decision or would still have to consult URA. Windows even if sliding or foldable may not meet URA's requirement of having ventilation at all times, since windows can be permanently shut even if no rain. Whereas URA classify balconies and backyards as semi-outdoor spaces (which I think qualifies the developer from certain GFA exemption incentives) and has been very clear and consistent in using the term balcony "screens" and not windows. Still I am not sure why for certain yards, eg in AqBP where windows were allowed as an option even at the outset.

But whatever it is, although URA appear to have a high ideal in mind about supporting greenery, open spaces etc, they are seen to pay lesser attention and have less regard whatsoever to resident's woes concerning rain and haze getting into their balconies and yards, which although may be semi-outdoor spaces but are in fact still living areas where residents spend their lives in.:doh:
especially the backyard! we should have the mean to avoid rain and haze for our laundry :mad:

if URA is so particular about this, they should answer us why they not restrict developer to charge the FULL price for such unlivable simi-outdoor area? nowadays greedy developer tends to build huge balcony and aircon ledge everywhere :mad: i guess we have paid more than $300K for such silly space! i rather exchange it with a same livable space. :beats-me-man:

I heard in China, balcony is half price of living area, and aircon ledge is FREE :doh:

chiaberry
05-09-13, 17:21
My recommendation:
http://www.tame.com.sg/

http://www.tame.com.sg/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1e2.jpg (http://www.tame.com.sg/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1e2.jpg)

jbtay
05-09-13, 17:29
Good idea. Will also consider their portable ones too. If really not enough, can get two.:)

East Lover
05-09-13, 18:05
My recommendation:
http://www.tame.com.sg/

Thanks! this one also good! we have huge backyard :P

are we allowed???? :confused:
http://www.tame.com.sg/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/6i.jpg

athenl
06-09-13, 08:44
Good idea. Will also consider their portable ones too. If really not enough, can get two.:)

Thinking of a portable type so that can use in balcony :) and can keep out of sight when there is visitor, any idea?

JohnDoe4
06-09-13, 09:46
I'll be using the old-fashioned, bamboo poles on a stand.

This stand can be bought from any HDB shop. 2 metal stands that can hold 5 bamboo poles. Great for heavy loads and bedsheets.

When not in use, just store it.

No overhead, no wall nailing.

:-)

Thinking of a portable type so that can use in balcony :) and can keep out of sight when there is visitor, any idea?

Shadus
06-09-13, 09:59
FB also quiet recently..... maybe everyone busy feeling out the various IDs... haha

East Lover
06-09-13, 20:46
The corridor lights are up in several blocks!!! Does it mean that block are ready?? :rolleyes:

Because blk pioneer (big bro chestnut 's blk) light on first, follow by bro kengar's block, now 2 more partially on....

I noticed the PH glass fens all are done as well for those blocks.... Finally they touched the club house now :p

thechoi
07-09-13, 10:41
FB also quiet recently..... maybe everyone busy feeling out the various IDs... haha

Hmmm....nothing new in WV recently, so nothing interest me now more than the letter for the next payment....

jbtay
07-09-13, 14:31
Latest pics from our dear EastGuy. :D

chestnut
08-09-13, 07:49
Latest pics from our dear EastGuy. :D

Bro, I went waterview about 2 weeks ago to see the colour but still cannot see it as ugly leh:confused::confused:

People say it look like hdb, Bo leh????

I am not saying this because I own a unit there.... This is purely a rental unit, so no difference to me leh.... Somemore got people offer us at higher price than buy price, but I not selling leh.... I really look forward to TOP to see what kind of view I can get.... After that, then I will decide which unit will be my future retirement home (don't need 2,000sq ft home once the kids are big and get married).... It's between clover by the park and waterview... The rest of my units are all biggies... Smallest being 1,500sq ft... When kids big, I just need 3 bedder 1,200sq ft size... Spare room for grand kids in future to play in. Me think quite far ahead in life...Heeheee...:D:D

jbtay
08-09-13, 17:15
Hi EastLover, think your PM storage is full; need to delete some messages.:D

jbtay
08-09-13, 19:33
Bro, I went waterview about 2 weeks ago to see the colour but still cannot see it as ugly leh:confused::confused:

People say it look like hdb, Bo leh????

I am not saying this because I own a unit there.... This is purely a rental unit, so no difference to me leh.... Somemore got people offer us at higher price than buy price, but I not selling leh.... I really look forward to TOP to see what kind of view I can get.... After that, then I will decide which unit will be my future retirement home (don't need 2,000sq ft home once the kids are big and get married).... It's between clover by the park and waterview... The rest of my units are all biggies... Smallest being 1,500sq ft... When kids big, I just need 3 bedder 1,200sq ft size... Spare room for grand kids in future to play in. Me think quite far ahead in life...Heeheee...:D:D

Bro, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Blue is a cool colour :rolleyes: esp when its very light. Usually will not make an impression unlike the warm colours and the earth tones. I wouldn't view the colour scheme now as "ugly". I thinks most people in the forum would prefer to c all white, it being neutral and let the blue tinted windows contrast with the white. The light blue now to some distracts the overall view. But I agree with you that it still is a work in progress and we have not yet seen the whole picture. The landscaping and greenery have not really commence. The yacht club is still raw. Once the glass panels and timber floors get installed, it would add another focal point and take the eyes away from the light blue tone.
WV will be our retirement home. At this stage of life, few things really matter. Take things easy, appreciate people around us more and the greenery and park, listen to quiet soothing music once in a while or be amazed and awakened by the loud crescendo of a majestic symphony ... ha ha ... that is life.... going thru the daily toil of work with all its struggles and heartaches and backaches, and caring for our young and loved ones .. that too is life ...but we need to take things in our stride, discern what is really important and what really matters and enjoy the journey ......

jbtay
09-09-13, 10:20
Pics of Quarry Park and Kid's pool by Pamela Aubrey.
Lovely, isn't it?:D

acidic.straw
09-09-13, 10:25
Bro, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Blue is a cool colour :rolleyes: esp when its very light. Usually will not make an impression unlike the warm colours and the earth tones. I wouldn't view the colour scheme now as "ugly". I thinks most people in the forum would prefer to c all white, it being neutral and let the blue tinted windows contrast with the white. The light blue now to some distracts the overall view. But I agree with you that it still is a work in progress and we have not yet seen the whole picture. The landscaping and greenery have not really commence. The yacht club is still raw. Once the glass panels and timber floors get installed, it would add another focal point and take the eyes away from the light blue tone.
WV will be our retirement home. At this stage of life, few things really matter. Take things easy, appreciate people around us more and the greenery and park, listen to quiet soothing music once in a while or be amazed and awakened by the loud crescendo of a majestic symphony ... ha ha ... that is life.... going thru the daily toil of work with all its struggles and heartaches and backaches, and caring for our young and loved ones .. that too is life ...but we need to take things in our stride, discern what is really important and what really matters and enjoy the journey ......

*clap* *clap* *clap* ...well said bro :cheers4:

East Lover
09-09-13, 14:22
Hi EastLover, think your PM storage is full; need to delete some messages.:D
done :ashamed1:

East Lover
09-09-13, 14:23
Hi Mr Tay and dear FEC,

Thanks for the progress photos. Beautiful indeed!

I still have confidence with SL to collect key on Nov 2013! :cheers4:

Pics of Quarry Park and Kid's pool by Pamela Aubrey.
Lovely, isn't it?:D

angiedan78
09-09-13, 16:19
Hi Mr Tay and dear FEC,

Thanks for the progress photos. Beautiful indeed!

I still have confidence with SL to collect key on Nov 2013! :cheers4:

Hi sis EL
Like you, we also hope SL could handover keys to us but we worried that it's going to be a rush job which i think we don't want that too.
We saw Minton & it seemd they r far ahead of us but it's not TOP yet??!! what's more about WV? Well, we hope for the best. Whoever gets the keys & done up before X'mas, do invite us for Cheers!:cheers4::cheers4:
Let's keep our fingers cross.....

jbtay
09-09-13, 16:29
Hi sis EL
Like you, we also hope SL could handover keys to us but we worried that it's going to be a rush job which i think we don't want that too.
We saw Minton & it seemd they r far ahead of us but it's not TOP yet??!! what's more about WV? Well, we hope for the best. Whoever gets the keys & done up before X'mas, do invite us for Cheers!:cheers4::cheers4:

Yes, Minton looks like 2 months ahead and they too are talking about Nov TOP!!.
Anyway, WV is looking good, next to lovely park and reservoir, units have good separation distances from each other, large open space with two lovely pools at the core, just enough meaningful facilities and a unique looking clubhouse...really a congenial place for settling down. :D

East Lover
09-09-13, 18:28
comparing with Minton, our landscap is just 1/10 of them??? after function room, whatelse do we need to do? :D

WV so 简陋 in landscape :(

Hi sis EL

Yes, Minton looks like 2 months ahead and they too are talking about Nov TOP!!.
Anyway, WV is looking good, next to lovely park and reservoir, units have good separation distances from each other, large open space with two lovely pools at the core, just enough meaningful facilities and a unique looking clubhouse...really a congenial place for settling down. :D

athenl
09-09-13, 22:46
comparing with Minton, our landscap is just 1/10 of them??? after function room, whatelse do we need to do? :D

WV so 简陋 in landscape :(

EL, simple is also nice lah,...
Btw, I am thinking of having wooden plank to cover the balcony floor, but will have rain water seep in issue, right? so meaning need to clean them after every raining day,..any idea how to resolve that?
Can install ceiling fan at balcony? ;)

East Lover
09-09-13, 23:22
Many unit installed ceiling fan at DBR, so far no complaints.... But last time when I sneaked in WV, it was really windy in balcony :D

For decking, I installed one, and felt its rather a white elephant :D not cheap, need to clean often as its very obvious on the dark floor if dusty :( so I will not do decking in WV

Maybe a wooden look tile?? Give u same feel but much cheaper n easier to maintain :D

EL, simple is also nice lah,...
Btw, I am thinking of having wooden plank to cover the balcony floor, but will have rain water seep in issue, right? so meaning need to clean them after every raining day,..any idea how to resolve that?
Can install ceiling fan at balcony? ;)

athenl
10-09-13, 23:13
Many unit installed ceiling fan at DBR, so far no complaints.... But last time when I sneaked in WV, it was really windy in balcony :D

For decking, I installed one, and felt its rather a white elephant :D not cheap, need to clean often as its very obvious on the dark floor if dusty :( so I will not do decking in WV

Maybe a wooden look tile?? Give u same feel but much cheaper n easier to maintain :D

- Not sure how windy will be, so I am thinking a ceiling fan with light:D
- About the deck, is nice but worried about rain issue,...
- if no deck, look so like kitchen floor :ashamed1:but with wooden look tile still need to clean right? if not lay some kids' rubberised tiles which is light and also anti-slip :ashamed1:

jbtay
12-09-13, 07:25
Pics o reservoir from inner stack?, level 6? and backyard gates for 2, 2+1 and3 bedder by Pamela Aubrey and rest of pics by Chai Teck....esp for EastLover and those not in WV facebook page :D

jbtay
12-09-13, 07:32
Pics o reservoir from inner stack?, level 6? and backyard gates for 2, 2+1 and3 bedder by Pamela Aubrey and rest of pics by Chai Teck....esp for EastLover and those not in WV facebook page :D

For the backyards, the one with the long passageway is the 3 bedder. Width of passageway according to Pam is 84cm. The 2+1 bedder is the one where the electrical switchboard can be see. :D.

For the 3 bedder, the backyard kitchen door opens outwards towards the yard in the same side as the HS door :doh: Can I remove both doors ...LOL

desquire
12-09-13, 11:02
For the backyards, the one with the long passageway is the 3 bedder. Width of passageway according to Pam is 84cm. The 2+1 bedder is the one where the electrical switchboard can be see. :D.

For the 3 bedder, the backyard kitchen door opens outwards towards the yard in the same side as the HS door :doh: Can I remove both doors ...LOL

I have kindly asked SL not to get the kitchen to back balcony door plus the WC door fixed. I'm looking at the possibility of removing the metal bomb shelter doors and removing all ventilation ears!!! Dunno if can or not... Hehehe:D

East Lover
12-09-13, 12:02
Hi Mr Tay and all, so sweet!!

Thank you very much for sharing such beautiful photos - our water view is really beautiful :)

East Lover
12-09-13, 12:05
if 3 bedder like this, my 4 bedder wont be any better for the silly HS door :D

I have a question - from the last photo, it seems one can easily access from 2-bedder to 3-bedder via the joined backyard wall! :doh: vise versa :(

Left is 2-bedder backyard, right is 3-bedder backyard, correct??? :scared-4:

No need spiderman skill, as long as you not scare of height, you can 来去自如 :hell-hath-no-fury:

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/130910-10_zps5d4c58a6.jpg

jbtay
12-09-13, 13:58
That full wall should have extended another metre away and then it would have been alright. SL created a 3 bedder + 2 bedder dual key unit ...:doh:

East Lover
12-09-13, 14:03
That full wall should have extended another metre away and then it would have been alright. SL created a 3 bedder + 2 bedder dual key unit ...:doh:
I recalled that bro Kengar ever forward an email regarding to the colour, inside they attached one of the layout to proven the percentage of blue vs white, i remember there is a glass screen will be installed in the 3-bedder's backyard wall!

Will it be the case eventually? glass screen will be good to resolve the security issue.

jbtay
12-09-13, 14:08

On closer examination, those units are 2+1 and adjacent to 3+1. The configuration is slightly different for the 2 bedder and adjacent 3 bedder.

Ay&dktk
12-09-13, 14:41
I recalled that bro Kengar ever forward an email regarding to the colour, inside they attached one of the layout to proven the percentage of blue vs white, i remember there is a glass screen will be installed in the 3-bedder's backyard wall!

Will it be the case eventually? glass screen will be good to resolve the security issue.

Are you referring to this? Seems there is a glass screen (2+1 and the other end is 3+1 or 3... no idea) Also seem the units facing the stairwell have space for shoe racks outside.

jbtay
12-09-13, 16:21
Are you referring to this? Seems there is a glass screen (2+1 and the other end is 3+1 or 3... no idea) Also seem the units facing the stairwell have space for shoe racks outside.

The top left is the 3 bedder. The bottom left is the 2 bedder. Notice that there is a break in that dividing wall, just after the yard toilet for the 3 bedder. That seems to show that the full wall extends quite a bit beyond the 2 bedder drying area. That is where the 3 bedder will have the washing machine. So looks like for 3 bedder and 2 bedder, may not be possible to climb over unless "spiderman".

Bottom right is 2+1 and top right is 3+1. Notice there is an orange line drawn along that half wall. Is that going to be that screen you are talking about. :D. I am using the Scale 1:200 sketch for each owner's unit that is attached to the S&P contract document.

acidic.straw
12-09-13, 21:11

Clearly a design failure. Shd question the architect what was in his mind when he designed this.

East Lover
13-09-13, 11:32
Hi Mr Tay, yes, that's the one I remember :D

I think it's good enough to protect both 2 units. My 4 bedder should have a simlar layout like this...

so everybody happy for this??

The top left is the 3 bedder. The bottom left is the 2 bedder. Notice that there is a break in that dividing wall, just after the yard toilet for the 3 bedder. That seems to show that the full wall extends quite a bit beyond the 2 bedder drying area. That is where the 3 bedder will have the washing machine. So looks like for 3 bedder and 2 bedder, may not be possible to climb over unless "spiderman".

Bottom right is 2+1 and top right is 3+1. Notice there is an orange line drawn along that half wall. Is that going to be that screen you are talking about. :D. I am using the Scale 1:200 sketch for each owner's unit that is attached to the S&P contract document.

Thanks for your super good memory and search skill :)

East Lover
13-09-13, 12:56
for the 3+1 (upper right unit), there is a small box which is additional /surprise to the showflat and 1:100 scale drawing.

What can we use for this full height 'cabenit'? mini storeroom? :D

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/WVcolour_zpse277439d.jpg

Ay&dktk
13-09-13, 13:44
for the 3+1 (upper right unit), there is a small box which is additional /surprise to the showflat and 1:100 scale drawing.

I think its the electrical Circuit breaker box which everyone is complaining about (not shown in floorplans)

ridepinky
13-09-13, 14:36

Hi east lover,

3+1 bedder: the electrical cabinet is located across the garbage chute, on the kitchen side of the wall, between the doors of the HS and rear kitchen door.

It comes ready housed in a white wooded full height cabinet.
Good enuff for brooms only, as its not very deep.
May not want to store chemical stuff within thou.. Electrical hazard if there is a fume built up within

procrastinator
13-09-13, 15:31

Hi EL, I cannot see the full image, can you show the upper part of the drawing?

in 2br unit also has a full high cabinet in entrance, but totally cannot use, it is for hiding the pipes.

East Lover
13-09-13, 16:18
Thanks! sad to know that such a full height cabinet only can be used for brooms... very a white elephant :(

Initially i wanted to utilize that tiny area to store some kitchenware, and drinking machine. now :doh:

Hi east lover,

3+1 bedder: the electrical cabinet is located across the garbage chute, on the kitchen side of the wall, between the doors of the HS and rear kitchen door.

It comes ready housed in a white wooded full height cabinet.
Good enuff for brooms only, as its not very deep.
May not want to store chemical stuff within thou.. Electrical hazard if there is a fume built up within

East Lover
13-09-13, 16:20
I also want to see the upper part, as mine is similar to the 3-beddder... :D

it's from the email sent from SL. just want to prove the colour ratio... not sure if we can ask for the full picture? :o

Hi EL, I cannot see the full image, can you show the upper part of the drawing?

in 2br unit also has a full high cabinet in entrance, but totally cannot use, it is for hiding the pipes.

jbtay
14-09-13, 12:12
Pics by EastGuy and power plugs, electrical boxes by Pamela Aubrey.
Enjoy... More soil and waterproofing works ...getting ready for more landscaping...BBQ pits and washbasin taking shape...Looks like most of us will be moving in Mar 14

East Lover
14-09-13, 18:35
Pics by EastGuy and power plugs, electrical boxes by Pamela Aubrey.
Enjoy... More soil and waterproofing works ...getting ready for more landscaping...BBQ pits and washbasin taking shape...Looks like most of us will be moving in Mar 14
Thank you Mr Tay and Eastguy, Pamela!

That is the one we discussed yesterday, the full height cabinet for electrical boxes! You are so resourceful :D

The cabinet looks really sallow leh... Maybe we can use it for some shampoo, shower cream, and even the toilet roll, tissue paper? Maybe can put some small shelf inside? :rolleyes:

jbtay
14-09-13, 20:59
Thank you Mr Tay and Eastguy, Pamela!

That is the one we discussed yesterday, the full height cabinet for electrical boxes! You are so resourceful :D

The cabinet looks really sallow leh... Maybe we can use it for some shampoo, shower cream, and even the toilet roll, tissue paper? Maybe can put some small shelf inside? :rolleyes:

According to Pamela Aubrey, external dimensions width is 58cm, depth is 35cm.
Should be able to keep those items you mentioned. Maybe also dry mop, broom

athenl
14-09-13, 23:26

I have a question - from the last photo, it seems one can easily access from 2-bedder to 3-bedder via the joined backyard wall! :doh: vise versa :(

No need spiderman skill, as long as you not scare of height, you can 来去自如 :hell-hath-no-fury:

All along, I am thinking of placing washing machine/dryer in the yard but after this seeing this picture, I am having 2nd thought:D,..

athenl
15-09-13, 09:59

Mr Tay
This orange line is a confirmed glass? if not, I am thinking what to install again,...
Btw, when I saw the draft, it seems that all doors are swing type even for small space,..it that correct? Study room already so small, cannot have swing type and also the yard,..
Btw, can remove the gate between yard and drying ledge? I can remove by myself :ashamed1:
Sorry to keep asking,..maybe too excited about all these details:ashamed1:

East Lover
15-09-13, 12:14
Can share with us what will u intend to do? :D

All along, I am thinking of placing washing machine/dryer in the yard but after this seeing this picture, I am having 2nd thought:D,..

athenl
15-09-13, 15:12
Can share with us what will u intend to do? :D

Actually intend to put the washing machine and dryer in the yard, but look very cramp,..
But now the drying ledge seems possible to put the washer/dryer at the side, and a portable drying structure at the other side, and a small hanger at the grill side for shoes,..
Now need to think how to link the power plug and water outlet,..

EL, is it ok to do that? not sure is it against the rule or not,..
And to do that, I have to remove the small little gate permanently, and is checking with Mr Tay, whether is it against the rule again,...

jbtay
15-09-13, 17:16
Last time I asked Shirley Koh many moons ago, she said can only remove after TOP inspection. But will have to ask SL again as to the options when SL agree to the meeting we requested. ;)

athenl
15-09-13, 17:32
Last time I asked Shirley Koh many moons ago, she said can only remove after TOP inspection. But will have to ask SL again as to the options when SL agree to the meeting we requested. ;)

Thank you again,...
Very helpful to see part of the house week by week, at least can start to have some ideas, looking at 2D drawing difficult to visualise,..
Thank you photographers and of course Mr Tay, who help to 'transfer' to here :D

Shadus
16-09-13, 10:21
Do note that if you've a 3+1 Type D like me, the yard metal gate consist of 2 piece. A fixed one that is bolted to the floor and 1 swing gate. Most of picture i notice that's going around is only showing 1 swing gate, this is not the case for mine :(

Hence, for me to remove the gate, I will need to retile the floor. $$$

East Lover
16-09-13, 10:56
bro Shadus, how did you get such info?? how about 4-bedder one? also same? :confused:

I'm more concerning about the security issue, as my unit and the 2+1 unit is just side by side at backyard. see the photo shared by Mr Tay :scared-3:

Do note that if you've a 3+1 Type D like me, the yard metal gate consist of 2 piece. A fixed one that is bolted to the floor and 1 swing gate. Most of picture i notice that's going around is only showing 1 swing gate, this is not the case for mine :(

jbtay
16-09-13, 11:06
Eastlover, thought you mentioned there will be a glass screen, indicated by the orange line in SL sketch. Maybe you should call Shirley to confirm.

acidic.straw
16-09-13, 11:07

When you get the keys, try to get a few spare tiles from the mgt office. Useful to keep in case need to replace years down the road :D

acidic.straw
16-09-13, 11:10
Eastlover, thought you mentioned there will be a glass screen, indicated by the orange line in SL sketch. Maybe you should call Shirley to confirm.

I don't think there is any glass screen. Need to install balcony grill to prevent intrusion.

East Lover
16-09-13, 11:15
Good idea!!! I will email her for this... enclose the photos of 2 backyard and the orange line :D

East Lover
16-09-13, 13:38
I sent to Shirely. Let's see any good news from her.... cross finger now :cheers1:

Good idea!!! I will email her for this... enclose the photos of 2 backyard and the orange line :D