PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

angiedan78
15-04-13, 21:03
I noticed a big group of ppl are busy in car park building. they completed the portion of block 77, now moving to tennis court. once it connected to the power station, the car park work is going to done, so only left greens....

but nobody is doing function room, still on the 3rd floor ground, can't see the glass room yet...

For the last payment before TOP - carpark, i guess all of us will receive on the same time?

I do pray for Q4'13 also :D :D :D can't wait to drink coffea in my beautiful balcony to enjoy the real (and really beautiful) water view... :47:

Hi sis East Lover,
Is the function Room rooftop reaches 3rd or 4th flr cos we r on lvl 5, dun know whether it will be above us?
We got CPF deduction of another 5% total pay out now is only 45%:doh:
Still crawling lor, hard to believe TOP end 13!!!!:banghead:
We r still hoping for the best, of course!
Any pics updates, anyone.

Thks

Shadus
16-04-13, 08:05
guys and gals...I am not sure if I should to ask a practical question here, to spoil the joyous atomershere...

If you bot a 1000 square feet as developer said and paied 1000psf, that is 1 million.

In the end, the URA measurement is reported 970 square feet, will the developer offset you 30k?

Professional advice or experience is needed, thanks.:cheers4: :cheers4:

jbtay is right of coz. In so many developments, I've yet to hear of any developers silly enough to make such a mistake

Shadus
16-04-13, 08:08
We have to believe we will TOP end of year! And that's hopefully everything is smooth. This is one of the longest development for only 15 floors. Hopefully, SimLian don't disappoint. But TOP is one thing, then there's a process of handing over which can take up to 3 months.

East Lover
16-04-13, 09:24
Hi sis East Lover,
Is the function Room rooftop reaches 3rd or 4th flr cos we r on lvl 5, dun know whether it will be above us?
We got CPF deduction of another 5% total pay out now is only 45%:doh:
Still crawling lor, hard to believe TOP end 13!!!!:banghead:
We r still hoping for the best, of course!
Any pics updates, anyone.

Thks
Hi Angie, it seems to me that your 5th floor are pretty safe, it will reach to 3rd floor the most, and there is some distance between the block to function room, so you will be fine..;)

yuanpin318
16-04-13, 11:23
Can anyone post latest photo?

gohbek
16-04-13, 16:41
Called the law firm and they said developer are calling for another 10% for my unit. 2 more to go till TOP. Kind of slow for my unit at stack 35 :(

Justin3
16-04-13, 16:43
hi, all fellow WVier

It is not a good news.

I did write a email to SL for asking estimated TOP date yesterday, today I got reply as follows:

"We anticipate to obtain TOP for Waterview by the Last Quarter of 2013. You may wish to note that this is only an estimated period, and it also depends on the progress of the construction and authority approvals

So, I believe Dec 13 should be reachable

JUSTIN3

yuanpin318
16-04-13, 17:34
Does anybody knows if we can install invisible grill in balcony? I have a 2-year-old baby? Worry about the safety.

JohnDoe4
16-04-13, 17:53
hi, all fellow WVier

It is not a good news.

I did write a email to SL for asking estimated TOP date yesterday, today I got reply as follows:

"We anticipate to obtain TOP for Waterview by the Last Quarter of 2013. You may wish to note that this is only an estimated period, and it also depends on the progress of the construction and authority approvals

So, I believe Dec 13 should be reachable

JUSTIN3

We are currently staying at a rental place till we collect keys and our term ends 31 Jan 2014 - we definitely need to move in before that date else we need to sign another year.
:(

angiedan78
16-04-13, 20:40
Hi Angie, it seems to me that your 5th floor are pretty safe, it will reach to 3rd floor the most, and there is some distance between the block to function room, so you will be fine..;)

Thank you Sis East Lover, we actually paid another 10% for WV, therefore total payable now is 50% only, long way to go as compared to u guys :doh:
Anyway, still hoping to meet all of u in Xmas 13!

teck
16-04-13, 21:37
Does anybody knows if we can install invisible grill in balcony? I have a 2-year-old baby? Worry about the safety.
One of my concern too.... But recent report in TNP did indicate that URA and BCA would want the management to seriously look at the safety aspect instead of just the outlook of the condo... I hope there would be some "standard grill" that we can install....

East Lover
17-04-13, 09:06
DBR allows invisible grill to be installed in the balcony. so i guess WV should have no problem for this also..

they will come out a set of standard for the window grill and main gate. don't worry. :)

One of my concern too.... But recent report in TNP did indicate that URA and BCA would want the management to seriously look at the safety aspect instead of just the outlook of the condo... I hope there would be some "standard grill" that we can install....

East Lover
17-04-13, 09:25
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4237_zps97971335.jpg

East Lover
17-04-13, 09:26
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4238_zpse912a725.jpg

East Lover
17-04-13, 09:27
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4239_zps30faf458.jpg

chestnut
17-04-13, 10:01

For Clover by the Park, if I recall correctly, the "invisible grill" guys were at the condo during key collection period. There are many of this grills installed at cbtp.

:cheers3::cheers3::cheers3:

atta
17-04-13, 11:10
Thks for the pics sis EL. Appreciate it.

I think not even CNy 2014 is possible... Coz collection of keys also takes a bit of time. Plus.. Reno... Maybe march to April more realistic.

Kengar
17-04-13, 12:14
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4237_zps97971335.jpg

Thanks for pics! The swimming pools are already filled by the morning downpour. Haha

Kengar
17-04-13, 12:20

The issue with these govt agencies is that they push the problem to local mcsts, who in turn has no view or refuse to take a position.

waterviewer88
17-04-13, 13:47
The issue with these govt agencies is that they push the problem to local mcsts, who in turn has no view or refuse to take a position.

I think, where safety is concerned especially of young children and where the consequences are of utmost severity, I would take a position and install invisible grills. My reasons are simple - it is a reasonable thing for parents to ensure safety of their children; that I chose invisible grills shows that I take into account the concerns of the mcst abt the aesthetics of the place.

In circumstances like this, take appropriate action first and deal with the consequences later. At most, you bear additional costs to replace the invisible grill with something else. Wouldn't that be much better than not doing anything and then see your children fall over the balcony?

Kengar
17-04-13, 17:37
I think, where safety is concerned especially of young children and where the consequences are of utmost severity, I would take a position and install invisible grills. My reasons are simple - it is a reasonable thing for parents to ensure safety of their children; that I chose invisible grills shows that I take into account the concerns of the mcst abt the aesthetics of the place.

In circumstances like this, take appropriate action first and deal with the consequences later. At most, you bear additional costs to replace the invisible grill with something else. Wouldn't that be much better than not doing anything and then see your children fall over the balcony?

Govt agencies / MCST are deaf or lazy to all these. I also want to install the grilles including the back yard, but I fear they will drag their feet on it.

desquire
17-04-13, 17:39

I think not even CNy 2014 is possible... Coz collection of keys also takes a bit of time. Plus.. Reno... Maybe march to April more realistic.
We think alike. Don't think can make it by December. Anyway, it's nice to have hopes...;)

gohbek
17-04-13, 21:27
We think alike. Don't think can make it by December. Anyway, it's nice to have hopes...;)

I really hope we can get our keys in Q4.. Seeing their progress till date, we might still stand a chance leh.

jjtio
19-04-13, 13:39
got my letter for 10% ytday. 1 step closer to TOP. :)

Justin3
19-04-13, 15:34
got my letter for 10% ytday. 1 step closer to TOP. :)

Hello JJ

just curious, which stack are you? why you one is so fast. I am at stack 22, I just got letter for first 5% last month only, I saw my stack is quite advance. But you one is reaching to one more step to TOP. Can't believe SL.

Thanks

JUSTIN3

Shadus
19-04-13, 15:36
DBR allows invisible grill to be installed in the balcony. so i guess WV should have no problem for this also..

they will come out a set of standard for the window grill and main gate. don't worry. :)

Don't the developer have to clear it with the relevant authorities? By right, i believe the balcony is like a PES area isnt it? Meaning is a "public" area not under owners ownership....

Shadus
19-04-13, 15:41

ya man... not to mention renovators are busiest during Dec - CNY period. Must book them earlier but they still will rush work.

Shadus
19-04-13, 15:42
Govt agencies / MCST are deaf or lazy to all these. I also want to install the grilles including the back yard, but I fear they will drag their feet on it.

Ya, I will install regardless for safety reason. If u folks see it, please kindly don't report me

forestfire
19-04-13, 16:13
Don't the developer have to clear it with the relevant authorities? By right, i believe the balcony is like a PES area isnt it? Meaning is a "public" area not under owners ownership....

PES is Private Enclosed Space (we paid for it, like ground floor garden, baloncy, penthouse roof terrace)

jjtio
19-04-13, 16:56
Hello JJ

just curious, which stack are you? why you one is so fast. I am at stack 22, I just got letter for first 5% last month only, I saw my stack is quite advance. But you one is reaching to one more step to TOP. Can't believe SL.

Thanks

JUSTIN3

hi Justin3

i'm stack 5. i would think it's avg pace? didnt really track the progress. :P

jjtio
19-04-13, 17:20
Ya, I will install regardless for safety reason. If u folks see it, please kindly don't report me
me too. invisible ones cos i hv a kid at home. better be safe than nvr.

Kengar
19-04-13, 18:06

Bro, I will join you too to install this. If the MCST wanna oppose, I will fight till my last breathe against them :D

guysg27
19-04-13, 19:41
Bro, I will join you too to install this. If the MCST wanna oppose, I will fight till my last breathe against them :D

I will join you guys too, have kids at home and would want to ensure their safety.

Shadus
19-04-13, 21:39
Oops... I stirred a nest huh.... better keep low profile.

But the tot of safety is really too overwhelming. Esp. when not too long ago, read that a child actually fell through.

Not sure what's the exact rule. But when i look at place like Kovan residence, I can't see any invisible grille.... (maybe they're the really invisible ones) :p
When I want to install things at my current place, the MCST always say can't coz will affect external facade. That's when i always point out to them all the clothes hanging around on ppl's window.... haha. That's even more affecting external facade.

Eastguy
21-04-13, 12:00
Hi Brothers & Sisters

Attached are pictures taken on 20 April from block 65 Tropica.

Looking at the progress, very unlikely that we can collect our keys this year :doh:.

Kengar
21-04-13, 17:15
Hi Brothers & Sisters

Attached are pictures taken on 20 April from block 65 Tropica.

Looking at the progress, very unlikely that we can collect our keys this year :doh:.

Thanks for the pics!

I was in Tropica car park earlier today and checked out the status, it seems most of the stacks are pretty much done except balconies and the landscaping. I think Q4 is do-able. Hee hee :D

Eastguy
21-04-13, 18:31
Hi

M at stack 5, so far i have only paid :

1) 20% - Initial Payment
2) 10% - For Foundation
3) 10% - For Concrete Framework

How abt u guys?

jbtay
21-04-13, 19:36
Hi

1) 20% - Initial Payment
2) 10% - For Foundation

How abt u guys?

I understand, a few in the prime stacks facing reservoir have paid 60%, so their next payment would be at TOP, I just paid another 10% making a total of 50%. Your next payments should be for brickwalls and ceiling, each 5%.:)

gohbek
21-04-13, 21:52
Hi

1) 20% - Initial Payment
2) 10% - For Foundation

How abt u guys?

Me stack 35. Also just pay another 10%. Total 50% payment done. Left 2 more to TOP. Guess should be able Q3 or Q4 collect keys. Pray hard everything will be smooth and good..:)

Justin3
21-04-13, 23:01
Thanks for the pics!

I was in Tropica car park earlier today and checked out the status, it seems most of the stacks are pretty much done except balconies and the landscaping. I think Q4 is do-able. Hee hee :D

Look at the speed of installing bacony glass panels facing against the quary, it was quite fast, it is about 1-2 days to complete one stack. I guess we still can get keys this year.

jjtio
22-04-13, 09:15

me too :simmering:

jjtio
22-04-13, 09:17
Hi

1) 20% - Initial Payment
2) 10% - For Foundation

How abt u guys?

u shld get the next 10% (brickwalls and ceiling, each 5%) soon. i'm at stack 5 too and i got mine last week. :)

East Lover
22-04-13, 09:41
I was on course last week. When I came back on Sunday, i was so surprised and happy to see my stack and bro Kengar's stack balconies are finally installed!

Yes, it's really fast! When I went to reservior on last Tuesday, there is still no progress at all... SL is fast if they want to :D I guess the balcony are some sign of completion of the unit :p

so far the reservior facing and quary facing blocks are FULLY installed the balconies! I guess the inner blocks will catch up faster...

Give them one more month to complete the car park (possible? Mr Tay??)

I believe SL wants to complete by Q3 2013. That will benefit them the most.

Let's prey for our key collection @ 2013!!! :cheers5:

Look at the speed of installing bacony glass panels facing against the quary, it was quite fast, it is about 1-2 days to complete one stack. I guess we still can get keys this year.

Thanks for the pics!

atta
22-04-13, 10:45
Nothing is drawn down yet other than the initial. -.-

Kengar
22-04-13, 15:31
I was on course last week. When I came back on Sunday, i was so surprised and happy to see my stack and bro Kengar's stack balconies are finally installed!

Yes, it's really fast! When I went to reservior on last Tuesday, there is still no progress at all... SL is fast if they want to :D I guess the balcony are some sign of completion of the unit :p

so far the reservior facing and quary facing blocks are FULLY installed the balconies! I guess the inner blocks will catch up faster...

Nice! I will find sometime this weekend to go take a look from the reservoir carpark. :p

Kengar
22-04-13, 15:32
:tsk-tsk:
Nothing is drawn down yet other than the initial. -.-

Maybe lawyer too busy to process and SL didn't chase them. No worries, cos it saves you cash flow and interests. This is better. Cheers!

teck
22-04-13, 20:08

Haha.... I actually wanted to inform that the glass for balconies at Stack 9 were up pretty fast..... I went to the site on Saturday and there is no progress, today evening, when I drove passed, I saw the glass for the balconies all up! In just 2 days! Amazing.....

waterviewer88
22-04-13, 20:49
Haha.... I actually wanted to inform that the glass for balconies at Stack 9 were up pretty fast..... I went to the site on Saturday and there is no progress, today evening, when I drove passed, I saw the glass for the balconies all up! In just 2 days! Amazing.....

Take this with a pinch of salt but an agent I know told me the in-charge of the wv project at simlian confirm the target for completion is year-end 2013. How true I don't know but what the heck! :cheers5:

forestfire
23-04-13, 07:04
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/ML519.jpghttp://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/ML517.jpghttp://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/ML516.jpg

desquire
23-04-13, 07:09
Good morning there... thank you for a breathtaking view early this morning... hoping for rain after a forestfire each night... hehehhehe:D

jbtay
23-04-13, 09:07

I have no idea cause I can't tell what's the state of progress for the car park. But since the car park is actually ground floor and the raised flooring looks like almost done throughout the entire area, which would be the ceiling of the car park, then I guess one more month should be do-able. Anyway, no reason for SL to delay, the faster they complete, they get their moneys and move on and cut down on own employees expense and other time-based fixed costs. By now, most works are sub-contracts which are fixed agreed costs with SL. 8 months is certainly do-able ie year end. Q3 well - perhaps end Q3 and early Q4 would be a bonus for us all and SL as well. But moving in Xmas 13 looks a bit tough. Even if complete end Q3, 1 month for inspection to TOP, 1 month collect keys, 1 month own inspection/rectification. 1 month own ID works, hmnn and CNY on 31 Jan 14, looks like a Mar 14 move-in. Plan for the worst, hope for the best and we won't be disappointed, anything better than Mar 14 is a bonus ... of course if one is currently on rented premises and tenure expiring soon, its tough ....Lets pray and hope.

Eastguy
24-04-13, 07:24
I have no idea cause I can't tell what's the state of progress for the car park. But since the car park is actually ground floor and the raised flooring looks like almost done throughout the entire area, which would be the ceiling of the car park, then I guess one more month should be do-able. Anyway, no reason for SL to delay, the faster they complete, they get their moneys and move on and cut down on own employees expense and other time-based fixed costs. By now, most works are sub-contracts which are fixed agreed costs with SL. 8 months is certainly do-able ie year end. Q3 well - perhaps end Q3 and early Q4 would be a bonus for us all and SL as well. But moving in Xmas 13 looks a bit tough. Even if complete end Q3, 1 month for inspection to TOP, 1 month collect keys, 1 month own inspection/rectification. 1 month own ID works, hmnn and CNY on 31 Jan 14, looks like a Mar 14 move-in. Plan for the worst, hope for the best and we won't be disappointed, anything better than Mar 14 is a bonus ... of course if one is currently on rented premises and tenure expiring soon, its tough ....Lets pray and hope.

Honestly.... If we get our keys this year... Its a bonus. There's still alot of work to be done..... Jialat

atta
24-04-13, 16:00

Totally agree!!! I m expecting earliest mar 14 too. Of coz anything earlier is bonus. Since mine shld be the last stack . Haha!

Thanks bros n sisters for the regular uploads of pic. This forum became addictive with u guys ard! Haha!

East Lover
25-04-13, 09:28
Hi Mr Tay, thanks for your detailed analysis :)

Let's prey and hope SL can play the magic to keep their promise :D

East Lover
25-04-13, 09:31
dear atta, it's our pleasure to share the joy of WV progress with all FEC WVer. Although the progress is so inconsistant, sometime fast, sometime slow :doh:

nevertheless, let's pray and hope we can collect key in 2013 :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

Totally agree!!! I m expecting earliest mar 14 too. Of coz anything earlier is bonus. Since mine shld be the last stack . Haha!

Thanks bros n sisters for the regular uploads of pic. This forum became addictive with u guys ard! Haha!

desquire
25-04-13, 09:41
Hi Mr Tay, thanks for your detailed analysis :)

Let's prey and hope SL can play the magic to keep their promise :D

Hahahhaha!! We better pray very hard or we shall become their prey!!
:D :scared-3: :D :scared-3: :D :scared-3: :D :scared-3:

Ding-dong here and there..
March 2014 will be a ideal complete move in on a practical timeline...
:p :p :p

Shadus
25-04-13, 16:48
Very confident they can TOP in Q4 and we will move in by end Q1. From current looks, i think end Q3 they can trigger TOP inspection while they work to complete the surroundings

jjtio
25-04-13, 16:58
Very confident they can TOP in Q4 and we will move in by end Q1. From current looks, i think end Q3 they can trigger TOP inspection while they work to complete the surroundings

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

East Lover
25-04-13, 18:10
dear Shadus, you are our lovely bull, where desquire is our cuty bear bear :D :D :D

Let's wish WV TOP in Q4!
:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Shadus
26-04-13, 15:38
hahaha.... must keep hopes up high.... really wanna start reno immed after Xmas so got to get keys latest in Nov...

Kengar
26-04-13, 16:29
I wanna move in before X'mas! :D :D :D

Can't wait to get a new X'mas tree and put up the new decors! :D :D :D

hahaha.... must keep hopes up high.... really wanna start reno immed after Xmas so got to get keys latest in Nov...

minami-san
26-04-13, 23:52
I wanna move in before X'mas! :D :D :D

Can't wait to get a new X'mas tree and put up the new decors! :D :D :D
Yes!! I can't wait for that day to come. I want to decorate our home soooooooooooooon! :D :D :D

Kengar
27-04-13, 12:53
Today's Straits Times also say Waterview expected to complete by this year. Hee hee :cheers1:

desquire
27-04-13, 15:26
Today's Straits Times also say Waterview expected to complete by this year. Hee hee :cheers1:
Which section bro? Heheh. I read only online news that's the problem. :p

Eastguy
27-04-13, 18:20

It's on Money Page C1.... Small print at the last para.

desquire
27-04-13, 18:25
It's on Money Page C1.... Small print at the last para.
Thanks bro. Will check it out. ;)

CKH@PGL
27-04-13, 18:25
Section C (Money) last paragraph.

minami-san
27-04-13, 18:26
Record 18,400 new homes to come on-stream
Supply flood this year set to further cool market and slow rental growth

By Esther Teo Property Correspondent

A RECORD number of homes is expected to be completed in Singapore this year.

This comes on the back of the bumper land supply pushed out by the Government to tame the red-hot property market in the past few years.

An estimated 18,400 homes are set to be built this year, easily eclipsing the previous high of 14,600 units built in 1997, Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) data out yesterday showed.

This supply is likely to cool the market further after the seventh round of measures - which included tighter loan limits and higher stamp duties - was unveiled in January this year.

Rental growth is also expected to slow towards the latter part of the year in the light of these completions, experts say.

Already, private home prices have moderated in both the landed and non-landed segments as the slew of curbs take red-hot temperatures in the property market down a notch.

Prices inched up just 0.6 per cent in the first three months of the year, well down from the 1.8 per cent gain in the period before, according to URA's data.

This is slightly up from the 0.5 per cent increase when the flash estimates were released earlier this month, indicating that prices have accelerated slightly in the final few weeks of the quarter.

The flash estimates are based on transaction prices of caveats lodged during the first 10 weeks of the quarter.

But gains in home prices have softened across the board compared with the final quarter of last year.

Non-landed homes, such as condominium units and apartments, posted gains of just 0.7 per cent, down from 1.8 per cent before. Landed home prices were also up just 0.5 per cent, slowing from a 1.8 per cent rise in the same period.

But rents in the first quarter increased at a slightly faster pace of 0.8 per cent - a clip higher than the 0.7 per cent previously - as rental demand remained healthy.

Experts say the cooling measures are filtering through the residential property market, with developers dangling discounts and investment demand from buyers retreating.

The number of resale and sub-sale transactions has also dropped, they noted, with most predicting private home prices to rise about 3 per cent to 4 per cent this year.

However, the coming months will be the real litmus test for market demand and the effectiveness of the cooling measures as more new residential projects - particularly from the ramped-up Government Land Sales programme - are progressively launched.

Ms Chia Siew Chuin, Colliers International's director of research and advisory services, added that although private rents have continued to creep up in the first quarter, they are expected to be modest for the rest of the year.

This is the result of a steady stream of new project completions and the Government's tightening of foreign worker inflows.

Major projects completed in the first quarter include NV Residences in Pasir Ris, with 642 units, Ascentia Sky in Alexandra View, consisting of 373 units, and the 329-unit The Gale in Flora Road, CBRE noted.

Other completions expected for the rest of the year include CapitaLand's The Interlace at Alexandra Road, with 1,040 units, Tampines project Waterview, comprising 696 units, and the 616-unit Waterbank at Dakota.

desquire
27-04-13, 20:07
Record 18,400 new homes to come on-stream
Supply flood this year set to further cool market and slow rental growth

By Esther Teo Property Correspondent

A RECORD number of homes is expected to be completed in Singapore this year.

This comes on the back of the bumper land supply pushed out by the Government to tame the red-hot property market in the past few years.

An estimated 18,400 homes are set to be built this year, easily eclipsing the previous high of 14,600 units built in 1997, Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) data out yesterday showed.

This supply is likely to cool the market further after the seventh round of measures - which included tighter loan limits and higher stamp duties - was unveiled in January this year.

Rental growth is also expected to slow towards the latter part of the year in the light of these completions, experts say.

Already, private home prices have moderated in both the landed and non-landed segments as the slew of curbs take red-hot temperatures in the property market down a notch.

Prices inched up just 0.6 per cent in the first three months of the year, well down from the 1.8 per cent gain in the period before, according to URA's data.

This is slightly up from the 0.5 per cent increase when the flash estimates were released earlier this month, indicating that prices have accelerated slightly in the final few weeks of the quarter.

The flash estimates are based on transaction prices of caveats lodged during the first 10 weeks of the quarter.

But gains in home prices have softened across the board compared with the final quarter of last year.

Non-landed homes, such as condominium units and apartments, posted gains of just 0.7 per cent, down from 1.8 per cent before. Landed home prices were also up just 0.5 per cent, slowing from a 1.8 per cent rise in the same period.

But rents in the first quarter increased at a slightly faster pace of 0.8 per cent - a clip higher than the 0.7 per cent previously - as rental demand remained healthy.

Experts say the cooling measures are filtering through the residential property market, with developers dangling discounts and investment demand from buyers retreating.

The number of resale and sub-sale transactions has also dropped, they noted, with most predicting private home prices to rise about 3 per cent to 4 per cent this year.

However, the coming months will be the real litmus test for market demand and the effectiveness of the cooling measures as more new residential projects - particularly from the ramped-up Government Land Sales programme - are progressively launched.

Ms Chia Siew Chuin, Colliers International's director of research and advisory services, added that although private rents have continued to creep up in the first quarter, they are expected to be modest for the rest of the year.

This is the result of a steady stream of new project completions and the Government's tightening of foreign worker inflows.

Major projects completed in the first quarter include NV Residences in Pasir Ris, with 642 units, Ascentia Sky in Alexandra View, consisting of 373 units, and the 329-unit The Gale in Flora Road, CBRE noted.

Other completions expected for the rest of the year include CapitaLand's The Interlace at Alexandra Road, with 1,040 units, Tampines project Waterview, comprising 696 units, and the 616-unit Waterbank at Dakota.

So nice of you. Thanks so much. Truly appreciate your effort. Wah all very motivated. This Q-Bay even faster!! The huge stones are already there!!! Super duper fast!!:D

desquire
28-04-13, 21:10
I took a slow walk of about 2hrs around the circumference of WV. Minus the line along Tropica. The place looks good indeed. The blue has been shadowed by its overall appearance. Light sounds of wooden materials being hammered and drilling can be heard. They're probably completing the interiors in some of the units.

There's really much more to complete although we're looking at an earlier completion. The final details and touch up will probably take some time. Just sharing my thoughts. I could be wrong though. It's such a peaceful place really. Very nice with simplicity at its best. My block has declared itself to be the slowest of them all. Grrrrr..... :p :D

yuanpin318
29-04-13, 09:55
Can anyone uploaded the latest photo to show the carpark and swimming pool status?

East Lover
29-04-13, 10:16
I went to expo yesterday.... visited a few interior design stall, most of them have no solution for my big big big backyard balcony. :banghead:

one greenhorn ID even proposed a 白钢 cabinet for water proof outdoor storage :doh:

My huge backyard is around 3.6mx 1.75m = 6.3 sqft m = 67.8 sqft > 60K SGD!!! :hell-hath-no-fury:

I'm totally frustrated! developer only paid a little for the balcony fee but we had paid that huge balcony with huge $$$ but it's not livable at all!

is there a way to approach any authority? why we paid so much and yet cant be used at all?

Really a super expensive white elephant!

snoopy
29-04-13, 10:33
I dont see how this can be a fault for the authority or the developer?

This question should have been asked before putting your money down for the purchase. Unless the developer has built a big backyard without your knowledge....

I went to expo yesterday.... visited a few interior design stall, most of them have no solution for my big big big backyard balcony. :banghead:

one greenhorn ID even proposed a 白钢 cabinet for water proof outdoor storage :doh:

My huge backyard is around 3.6mx 1.75m = 6.3 sqft m = 67.8 sqft > 60K SGD!!! :hell-hath-no-fury:

I'm totally frustrated! developer only paid a little for the balcony fee but we had paid that huge balcony with huge $$$ but it's not livable at all!

is there a way to approach any authority? why we paid so much and yet cant be used at all?

electron
29-04-13, 10:47

Make the best use of it you can. A back balcony is useful for drying clothes (unlike my place where I've to bring everything from the yard to the balcony at the front of the living room to dry).

And when I dry my clothes, I cannot leave it out on my front balcony for too long because it's unsightly (both from inside and outside the house; and MC also doesn't like it). At least you won't have this problem.

aimtowin
29-04-13, 11:17
If you can built an invisible grills to block out water, perhaps can build a utility room or study area there since it is linked to the master bedroom...just a though.

I thought that i have is if i can build the invisible grill, i can have the ID check if i can create a space there for my maid's room, and since there is an opening from the master bedroom, i can have a study/working area there as well.

As for drying of clothes...dryer or at the main balcony....

so the key is whether we can build that invisible grills, if it can block water we might me able to do alot there provided if there isnt any violation building what we want...

East Lover
29-04-13, 11:38
how would the invisible grill to block the water? we are not allowed to install windows, but for security purpose, window grill is allowed.

how to play magic for this??? :p

If you can built an invisible grills to block out water, perhaps can build a utility room or study area there since it is linked to the master bedroom...just a though.

I thought that i have is if i can build the invisible grill, i can have the ID check if i can create a space there for my maid's room, and since there is an opening from the master bedroom, i can have a study/working area there as well.

As for drying of clothes...dryer or at the main balcony....

so the key is whether we can build that invisible grills, if it can block water we might me able to do alot there provided if there isnt any violation building what we want...

desquire
29-04-13, 11:39

These are all the frustrations that I'm facing while trying to fit myself into the new house. I'm having a real headache especially with the space. Your Tropica is really nice and huge. I thimk you'll love it more than WV. Just my feeling. It's pretty small and the space are :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

desquire
29-04-13, 11:41
how would the invisible grill to block the water? we are not allowed to install windows, but for security purpose, window grill is allowed.

Ya true also. We paid so much ye we don't have the right to decide what we wanna do for our own house. This is the system we have here... sigh...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

East Lover
29-04-13, 11:41
we have huge aricon ledge as well...:mad:

store room (HS) willl be used as maid room, so need to find some place for storage, the almost 70 sqft backyard should be the best place if we can resolve the water/wind issue...

Make the best use of it you can. A back balcony is useful for drying clothes (unlike my place where I've to bring everything from the yard to the balcony at the front of the living room to dry).

And when I dry my clothes, I cannot leave it out on my front balcony for too long because it's unsightly (both from inside and outside the house; and MC also doesn't like it). At least you won't have this problem.

desquire
29-04-13, 11:49
we have huge aricon ledge as well...:mad:

store room (HS) willl be used as maid room, so need to find some place for storage, the almost 70 sqft backyard should be the best place if we can resolve the water/wind issue...

The best places which are the back and front balcony are the also the ones capable of becoming a water collction centre...:scared-3:

East Lover
29-04-13, 11:55
i just realised the huge balcony (~70 sqft) could be even bigger than some room!

greedy developer! :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ya true also. We paid so much ye we don't have the right to decide what we wanna do for our own house. This is the system we have here... sigh...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

East Lover
29-04-13, 11:57
if you visit showflat recently, you will see giant balcony and aircon ledge everywhere, just like baywindows in last batch..

greedy developer! useless authority! poor buyers :(

I dont see how this can be a fault for the authority or the developer?

This question should have been asked before putting your money down for the purchase. Unless the developer has built a big backyard without your knowledge....

desquire
29-04-13, 12:09
i just realised the huge balcony (~70 sqft) could be even bigger than some room!

greedy developer! :hell-hath-no-fury:

Get the ambulance on standby when we first slot our key in upon completion. Either we faint in Excitement or Claustrophobia... I suspect it will be the latter...:doh:

Option no 3 : Hopefully we see no 'spirits' from the reservoir... :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

http://www.indonesiamatters.com/wp-content/uploads/pontianak.jpg

aimtowin
29-04-13, 12:28

I think I posted before. I know we can't install grills, those glass type panel which is install just before the opening which allows to open and close fully is something maybe consider, it does affect the appearance and we might need to apply for it. But it's cost at least 10 grand to have it installed.

I think u posted before about the glass panels

Justin3
29-04-13, 12:52
Get the ambulance on standby when we first slot our key in upon completion. Either we faint in Excitement or Claustrophobia... I suspect it will be the latter...:doh:

Option no 3 : Hopefully we see no 'spirits' from the reservoir... :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Hi,

Please do not paste this kind of image in this forum. we are quite scare of this.

WV is a nice place and we don't want these kind of bad image.

If possible, please remove it. or ask forum administrator to remove it.

Thanks

JUSTIN3

Eastguy
29-04-13, 13:07

Strongly agree... It's a complete waste of space.

Don't know what to do with it:-(

desquire
29-04-13, 13:27
Hi,

Please do not paste this kind of image in this forum. we are quite scare of this.

WV is a nice place and we don't want these kind of bad image.

If possible, please remove it. or ask forum administrator to remove it.

Thanks

JUSTIN3
My sincere apologies bro. Will try get it down soonest. Didn't mean to scare you.

star
29-04-13, 13:36
In mho balcony is better than having big aircon ledge or planters. At least u can have steamboat in balcony during chinese new year.

Kengar
29-04-13, 14:09
Strongly agree... It's a complete waste of space.

Don't know what to do with it:-(

At my current HDB, I have alot of laundries at home to hang.. 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 helper. I normally hang them indoor at the kitchen ceiling instead of hanging outside window as I am worried about water/cigarette ash from inconsideration neighbours upstairs. (and also bird poo :P).

Most of the time the laundries would be overflowed to one of the bedroom that gets some direct sun which i also used as a storage.

The back balcony will be helpful to me to allow the future WV bedroom to be freed and put into proper use. (Though i will lose some space across all the other rooms for this extra back balcony space).

There will be more stuffs along the years where you just acquire and don't know where to keep. I supposed the back balcony is one such dumping ground.

Shadus
29-04-13, 14:20
Eeks... I thought this is "family" friendly forum. Why got so scary picture!

My back balcony is to hang clothes to dry and put my WM/Dryer and some of the cleaning supplies

The front balcony is quite "wasted" in a sense as it will most likely just another place to hang laundry. For those facing reservoir... maybe will be nice to sit out there in the morning to have breakfast. I will also build shoe cabinets in this balcony.

East Lover
29-04-13, 15:40
front balcony will be used for life style. drink tea, read newspaper, browse iPad and maybe just sit there relax...

backyard must be fully utilized. it will be a working area for my maid to do laundry, ironing and maybe play with my doggy..

but i still want to build a up-to-ceiling height cabinet for storage, can keep a lot of things...

but many ID in expo said can not or too expensive for waterprof meterial .... :mad:

Shadus
29-04-13, 15:53
front balcony will be used for life style. drink tea, read newspaper, browse iPad and maybe just sit there relax...

backyard must be fully utilized. it will be a working area for my maid to do laundry, ironing and maybe play with my doggy..

but i still want to build a up-to-ceiling height cabinet for storage, can keep a lot of things...

but many ID in expo said can not or too expensive for waterprof meterial .... :mad:

Sister, if you have lobang for the up-to-ceiling cabinet for front balcony, share share hor..... i've same intention.

East Lover
29-04-13, 16:00
dear, i mean back balcony...

front one must keep for life style... i love balcony and want to have a nice one water front :p

Sister, if you have lobang for the up-to-ceiling cabinet for front balcony, share share hor..... i've same intention.

This one ok?

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/Keter-Lourve-Utility-Cabinet-Multi-Purpose-Cabinet

http://static.deal.com.sg/sites/default/files/new_images/Louvre%20Multi.jpg
http://static.deal.com.sg/sites/default/files/new_images/Louvre%20Utility.jpg

Kengar
29-04-13, 16:29

The ID i recently approach quoted me $900 for the full height storage cabinet to install at back balcony where the door to MBR is.

I asked what material they plan to use,, they say laminated wood can tahan the exposed weather condition.. BUT if wet must wipe off immediately.. DUhzzzz.. so my helper have to stand there and wipe the poor cabinet whenever it rains? hahaa :D

I think have to rethink.. the material has got to be PVC and aluminium.

Planning to go talk to Sis Eastlover's fav ID soon for a chit chat. :)

Shadus
29-04-13, 16:33
Sister, maybe need custom made, the color can't make it leh :p... plus looks like plastic..... I prefer metal or wood. but weather proof

jbtay
29-04-13, 16:39
dear, i mean back balcony...

front one must keep for life style... i love balcony and want to have a nice one water front :p

This one ok?

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/Keter-Lourve-Utility-Cabinet-Multi-Purpose-Cabinet

http://static.deal.com.sg/sites/default/files/new_images/Louvre%20Multi.jpg
http://static.deal.com.sg/sites/default/files/new_images/Louvre%20Utility.jpg

Those look like Keter outdoor storage sheds. With Carrefour gone, wonder who carries Keter and Rubbermaid products? Giant? Thinking of installing two of those tall ones in that space behind the MBR backdoor (which I asked Developer to seal up with brickwall). Good to keep laundry stuff, vacuum cleaner, etc, even tin food, as kitchen cabinet "no-enough". The movable sliding-folding glass panel windows would be a nice though expensive project if new owner-MC bold enough to approve. I think URA guidelines only require that anything installed in back balcony must allow through ventilation. Only question is brickwall built to take the weight. Cheaper alternative is bamboo blinds (black & white stripes can look stunning) with pvc backing should be able to hold off the rain. :cool:

JohnDoe4
29-04-13, 16:45

Hi EL,

Yes, the front balcony must be used for lifestyle. It would be a waste and injustice to put cupboards or hang laundry at the front.

The back balcony, you could install the rattan blinds that are used for outdoors to prevent rain. Use the blinds only when there is rain.

As for your cupboards, there's no choice. I have the same intentions as you to build full height cupboards on the wall with the MBR back door.

May I also bring attention to all of you that for most blocks, the back balcony doesn't have much exposure: a) they are very close to your neighbour and b) the back of block is being obstructed by the next block.

Take my stack 35 as an example. My backyard will see into my back neighbours backyard, but also the MBR of the next block. My block and the next block is very, very close, likely a difference of 3-5 meters - I am not kidding. See site plan below:

East Lover
29-04-13, 16:51
I'm doing homework now, before i meet Stan ...

maybe you can ask him if he has any idea for this...

The ID i recently approach quoted me $900 for the full height storage cabinet to install at back balcony where the door to MBR is.

I asked what material they plan to use,, they say laminated wood can tahan the exposed weather condition.. BUT if wet must wipe off immediately.. DUhzzzz.. so my helper have to stand there and wipe the poor cabinet whenever it rains? hahaa :D

I think have to rethink.. the material has got to be PVC and aluminium.

Planning to go talk to Sis Eastlover's fav ID soon for a chit chat. :)

yuanpin318
29-04-13, 17:09
My plan for my front balcony: my daughter's play ground (of course must install invisible grills)

Backyard use invisible grills n water proof blind, so that the rain won't be easily go in. Must do this, otherwise the clothes will wet if rain heavily.

Then u can build another custmize water proof table, under the table can put washing machine, drier, .....

I went Expo also, most of the ID said workable. :)

East Lover
29-04-13, 17:30
If the foldable glass panel can be approved, it will be great news for all of us.

Those look like Keter outdoor storage sheds. With Carrefour gone, wonder who carries Keter and Rubbermaid products? Giant? Thinking of installing two of those tall ones in that space behind the MBR backdoor (which I asked Developer to seal up with brickwall). Good to keep laundry stuff, vacuum cleaner, etc, even tin food, as kitchen cabinet "no-enough". The movable sliding-folding glass panel windows would be a nice though expensive project if new owner-MC bold enough to approve. I think URA guidelines only require that anything installed in back balcony must allow through ventilation. Only question is brickwall built to take the weight. Cheaper alternative is bamboo blinds (black & white stripes can look stunning) with pvc backing should be able to hold off the rain. :cool:

East Lover
29-04-13, 17:31
maybe we can source some constructor to provide customized cabinet, at good price, since so many of us really want to fully utilize the back balcony...

Sister, maybe need custom made, the color can't make it leh :p... plus looks like plastic..... I prefer metal or wood. but weather proof

East Lover
29-04-13, 17:35
Do you think those bath room cupboards are waterproof? if we search hard, maybe it's possible to build full height cupboard with reasonable price.

And hopefully we can install windows after the first year inspection :D

it seems we have to install window grid at least, otherwise it's too dangerourse. as i alerted before, it's highly possible for one to move from the back balcony to the back-to-back neighbour's. we will see when key collected..

Hi EL,

Yes, the front balcony must be used for lifestyle. It would be a waste and injustice to put cupboards or hang laundry at the front.

The back balcony, you could install the rattan blinds that are used for outdoors to prevent rain. Use the blinds only when there is rain.

As for your cupboards, there's no choice. I have the same intentions as you to build full height cupboards on the wall with the MBR back door.

May I also bring attention to all of you that for most blocks, the back balcony doesn't have much exposure: a) they are very close to your neighbour and b) the back of block is being obstructed by the next block.

Take my stack 35 as an example. My backyard will see into my back neighbours backyard, but also the MBR of the next block. My block and the next block is very, very close, likely a difference of 3-5 meters - I am not kidding. See site plan below:

jbtay
29-04-13, 17:37
Hi EL,

Yes, my stack 46 is shielded by stack 45, and only the aircon ledge is exposed. Basically NE monsoon from Dec to Mar and SW monsoon from Jun to Sep, should not hit the back balcony for Stack 46 in theory. But due to eddy currents, swirling winds etc in very heavy rain, bound to get wet, so will need at least some blinds. :cool:

East Lover
My plan for my front balcony: my daughter's play ground (of course must install invisible grills)

Backyard use invisible grills n water proof blind, so that the rain won't be easily go in. Must do this, otherwise the clothes will wet if rain heavily.

Then u can build another custmize water proof table, under the table can put washing machine, drier, .....

I went Expo also, most of the ID said workable. :)
my dear, i'm talking about full height cabinet, not water proof table to put WM below...

many of us want to install full height cabinet along the wall. do you have any better idea?:D

yuanpin318
If the foldable glass panel can be approved, it will be great news for all of us.

Yes, I also want to install smart window, but I don't think they will approve. Can we write a letter, and get everybody to sign to ask for the permission?

yuanpin318
29-04-13, 17:44
my dear, i'm talking about full height cabinet, not water proof table to put WM below...

many of us want to install full height cabinet along the wall. do you have any better idea?:D

Sorry, I just think everyone is talking about how to use the place, don't waste it. To me my store room is enough to keep the things, so not interest about full high cabinet.

JohnDoe4
29-04-13, 17:51
Sorry, I just think everyone is talking about how to use the place, don't waste it. To me my store room is enough to keep the things, so not interest about full high cabinet.

I also suggest to everyone to install a fan in the backyard area.

The fan will help to dry the floor if it's wet or the clothes if there's no sun :-)

The fan i'm referring to is the normal round fan and not the ceiling blade type - this is to be more functional. I will also install fans in the bathrooms - this helps to keep the bathroom dry and mold-free.

I will be installing the blade type for the front balcony.

yuanpin318
29-04-13, 17:54

And I think the most important thing is don't let the water come in, if the problem can be solved, no matter full high cabinet or table for ironing, Buffet, no matter use water proof material or not, it will not be a problem any more.

My house currently facing the first DBSS (in Tampines). They also have a very big balcony, many of them use the way I mentioned in my previous post to avoid the water. One of my friends lives there, put the study table and computer in the balcony, she said it just nice, like a real study room, almost no water go in.

East Lover
29-04-13, 18:07
so the water proof blind can easily resolve the problem? :p

And I think the most important thing is don't let the water come in, if the problem can be solved, no matter full high cabinet or table for ironing, Buffet, no matter use water proof material or not, it will not be a problem any more.

My house currently facing the first DBSS (in Tampines). They also have a very big balcony, many of them use the way I mentioned in my previous post to avoid the water. One of my friends lives there, put the study table and computer in the balcony, she said it just nice, like a real study room, almost no water go in.

yuanpin318
29-04-13, 18:28
so the water proof blind can easily resolve the problem? :p

Yes, together with the grills better.

But some condo, even water proof blinds also don't allow. My another friend lives in waterfront key, she say so, but she don't care, still use it, so far nobody go to check and ask her remove it.

Eastguy
29-04-13, 20:46
Hi FEC

Attached pictures taken on 27 April 13.

Pictures of clubhouse, tennis court, swimming pool and the rear balcony.

The rear balcony is really very very small.

Cheers

angiedan78
29-04-13, 21:10
Hi FEC

Cheers

Hi Eastguy
Thanks for all the efforts for uploading the latest pics for us, wondering whether r we still hoping for Q4 TOP, but no one knows, Juz cross our fingers! Cheers!:)

Shadus
29-04-13, 21:20
Most condos backyard can install windows. My current one, I've put in a casement window so rain wont come in but usually i don't have to close it fully anyway. Some of my neighbours use blinds. Let's see what WV allows but rules seem more lax with backyards since they are not visible externally.

As for aircon ledge... by right..... nothing there. but some garang neighbours, actually can put in something that resembles a clothes hanger where they can put bamboo sticks ... haha.... A few put those retractable clothes hanger. Of coz, dun over do la..... but for small clothings, hanging over the aircon units (and will not touch the units) do seem like a good idea.... if my opp neighbour do it, i wont complain la.. .haha, since only i can see. WV design, the backyard and ledge area is relatively conceal

Shadus
29-04-13, 21:23
maybe we can source some constructor to provide customized cabinet, at good price, since so many of us really want to fully utilize the back balcony...

Good idea!!! Do share, I have not source around... probably 3Q then start doing coz i expect 4Q get keys :p

For me, balcony, confirm left wall, right wall, full size ceiling cupboard. but not as big as those you've shown. 1 side most likely is purely shoe cabinet. The other side...just shelvings... but must do nicely and blend in with color scheme so that look like false wall! And waterproof! wah... my request like v. challenging

minami-san
29-04-13, 21:29
Really appreciate the photo updates from our FEC! Thanks eastguy!

zeamybro
29-04-13, 21:51

Keter is available at Giant, Courts and NTUC extra. They do carry nicer designs than the one posted above.... Price is pretty fixed.

East Lover
29-04-13, 22:20
If can install this, happy already
http://www.aluminum-sliding-windows.com/photo/pl334874-grey_green_security_firm_electrostatic_spraying_frameless_folding_window_for_balcony.jpg
This one, if rain comes, take too long time to fold I guess? :D
http://www.homehubandliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Useful-Application-Partial-Opened-Frameless-Doors-for-Singapore-HDB-DBSS-Balcony-Glass-Curtain-smart-window-Folding-Flying-Door.png

Most condos backyard can install windows. My current one, I've put in a casement window so rain wont come in but usually i don't have to close it fully anyway. Some of my neighbours use blinds. Let's see what WV allows but rules seem more lax with backyards since they are not visible externally.

As for aircon ledge... by right..... nothing there. but some garang neighbours, actually can put in something that resembles a clothes hanger where they can put bamboo sticks ... haha.... A few put those retractable clothes hanger. Of coz, dun over do la..... but for small clothings, hanging over the aircon units (and will not touch the units) do seem like a good idea.... if my opp neighbour do it, i wont complain la.. .haha, since only i can see. WV design, the backyard and ledge area is relatively conceal

East Lover
29-04-13, 22:23
Mybro, u always so resourceful :cheers5:

Keter is available at Giant, Courts and NTUC extra. They do carry nicer designs than the one posted above.... Price is pretty fixed.

East Lover
29-04-13, 22:33
This one even better :rolleyes:

http://decorille.com/cms/index.php/photo-gallery-condo-apts/

If can install this, happy already
http://www.aluminum-sliding-windows.com/photo/pl334874-grey_green_security_firm_electrostatic_spraying_frameless_folding_window_for_balcony.jpg
This one, if rain comes, take too long time to fold I guess? :D
http://www.homehubandliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Useful-Application-Partial-Opened-Frameless-Doors-for-Singapore-HDB-DBSS-Balcony-Glass-Curtain-smart-window-Folding-Flying-Door.png

Shadus
29-04-13, 23:10
WV forum very good eh.. we get so many good ideas!!! The foldable window is very nice!

desquire
30-04-13, 07:12
Hi FEC

Cheers

Thnaks bro. Lotsa work to be done. Things are moving and shaping though. Appreciate your kindness in snapping the pictures for us all...:D

Eastguy
30-04-13, 08:03
Thnaks bro. Lotsa work to be done. Things are moving and shaping though. Appreciate your kindness in snapping the pictures for us all...:D

Anytime Bro....cheers

jbtay
30-04-13, 08:12
Hi FEC

Cheers

Thanks for the update. Nice pics. ;)

jbtay
30-04-13, 08:13

Thanks. Will take a look. :D

jbtay
30-04-13, 08:14

After a few years, most MCs dont bother as long as no neighbour complains. But I suppose, we can't wait toooo long. ;)

jbtay
30-04-13, 08:22
I'm doing homework now, before i meet Stan ...

maybe you can ask him if he has any idea for this...

Ha ha, when I contacted him last yr, he said too early, so will get back to him when TOP is more definite. Anyway, in no hurry to move, need to make sure everything is properly mapped out. :sleep:

jjtio
30-04-13, 09:11
Hi FEC

Cheers

thanks Eastguy

East Lover
30-04-13, 10:19
Dear Eastguy, thanks a lot! Glad to see WV progress from different angels...

Still have so many blockes not installed aircon, i guess the piping has not completed for such case? :rolleyes:

Going to be May soon.... Q3 completion date - mission impossible 2013??? :o

Hi FEC

Cheers

East Lover
30-04-13, 10:20
how to make MC not bother at day one? :D

but first year MC is controlled by developer right? only can do things after the last 25% paid??? :rolleyes:

After a few years, most MCs dont bother as long as no neighbour complains. But I suppose, we can't wait toooo long. ;)

Kengar
30-04-13, 11:25
I think i saw the workers tearing the blue protection films off the corner stack facing the quarry... can anyone help to reconfirm? hee hee

desquire
30-04-13, 11:32
I think i saw the workers tearing the blue protection films off the corner stack facing the quarry... can anyone help to reconfirm? hee hee

Won't it get dirty faster in that way?? Moreover, it's white frames and dust will be all over the windows by the time TOP!!;)

Kengar
30-04-13, 11:46
Won't it get dirty faster in that way?? Moreover, it's white frames and dust will be all over the windows by the time TOP!!;)

It also means the 60% White:40% Blue spread is untrue. :eek:

gohbek
30-04-13, 11:46

Still have so many blockes not installed aircon, i guess the piping has not completed for such case? :rolleyes:

Q3 is between june and august, right? I am still putting high hope on Q3 TOP.

gohbek
30-04-13, 11:47
Hi FEC

Cheers

Thank you eastguy for your effort in taking the photos for our updates. :)

desquire
30-04-13, 12:02
It also means the 60% White:40% Blue spread is untrue. :eek:

We all know from the beginning the statement is just a 'pleasing distraction' which will never come true...:rolleyes:

What to do bro??? But I think it still loks quite decent, nice and acceptable..:D

Shadus
30-04-13, 12:11

Dirty is ok, as long as not scratched. I assume this means the flooring is done, else they wont tear the protective films away?

Shadus
30-04-13, 12:12

Sister, have faith, is call "concurrent" work. So as long as last aircon install by Q3... means still can beginning Q4 TOP :p

desquire
30-04-13, 12:40
Dirty is ok, as long as not scratched. I assume this means the flooring is done, else they wont tear the protective films away?

Hmmm... not sure also. Maybe the experienced ones will know. Why wpuld they wanna tear it so early??? Maybe TOP next week?? hahhahah!!:D

East Lover
02-05-13, 11:21
I went to expo again yesterday :D

found the foldable windows there by bestview.

here is the quotation:
1. along the balcony - 3 pieces fully open windows:$2100
2. along the aircon ledge - 2 pieces: $1400
http://www.window.sg/images/product19.jpg

So if you want to install the fully enclosed windows in backyard, it will cost you about $3.5K

good news is that we can nego further for group discount...:D

teck
02-05-13, 12:56

here is the quotation:

So if you want to install the fully enclosed windows in backyard, it will cost you about $3.5K

How does this work? Can we install this at backyard?

gohbek
02-05-13, 13:19

here is the quotation:

Hi Eastlover,

I am looking at this folding window too. But the developer didnt give any green light to install in backyard and balcony,right? Is a good idea as this can keep the backyard clean.

Anyone any idea can we install this in our backyard and balcony?

East Lover
02-05-13, 14:19
I doubt SL will dare to approve... we can either do it after one year inspection, or start to collect a lot of request/signatures, and submit to SL/MC at one go... :rolleyes:

法不责众 :D hopefully the authority will close one big eyes for our FEC ;)

By the way, see the reply from SL for aircon ledge..

Under URA approval, the a/c ledge cannot be use for any other purposes other than placement of a/c equipments. Therefore drying ledge cannot be approved to be installed in a/c ledge.

Hi Eastlover,

I am looking at this folding window too. But the developer didnt give any green light to install in backyard and balcony,right? Is a good idea as this can keep the backyard clean.

Shadus
02-05-13, 14:38
not to install on the ledge, but on the window to the ledge.
But anyway, for these foldout windows, they do affect the external appearance... but you have my signature, it does look nice interior wise

yuanpin318
02-05-13, 14:56
If you want to submit request, I support you and count on me. It's better than noting to do.

I doubt SL will dare to approve... we can either do it after one year inspection, or start to collect a lot of request/signatures, and submit to SL/MC at one go... :rolleyes:

法不责众 :D hopefully the authority will close one big eyes for our FEC ;)

By the way, see the reply from SL for aircon ledge..

Under URA approval, the a/c ledge cannot be use for any other purposes other than placement of a/c equipments. Therefore drying ledge cannot be approved to be installed in a/c ledge.

East Lover
02-05-13, 14:56
sorry if i misled you... i just want to quote the reply from SL that they will surely follow law one.

i asked SL before if we can install a laundry hanger in aircon ledge, since it's so huge, they gave me a firm reply with a big "NO".

So for balcony windows (even backyard one), i don't think SL will allow us to do so..... but what if everyone in FEC do so? :D

Maybe we can hope 法不责众 hahaha :D :D :D

not to install on the ledge, but on the window to the ledge.
But anyway, for these foldout windows, they do affect the external appearance... but you have my signature, it does look nice interior wise

gohbek
02-05-13, 15:23
sorry if i misled you... i just want to quote the reply from SL that they will surely follow law one.

i asked SL before if we can install a laundry hanger in aircon ledge, since it's so huge, they gave me a firm reply with a big "NO".

So for balcony windows (even backyard one), i don't think SL will allow us to do so..... but what if everyone in FEC do so? :D

Maybe we can hope 法不责众 hahaha :D :D :D

But is really dangerous not to install anything in the yard with children around.

I really want to install one in my backyward. Can the developer sue me on this? Can I challenge them back base on the law, they should advise us a set of common grill which we can install.. but we have not hear from them till date and we need a safe home for the kids? A house is just a house..wear and tear or old le, can sell away. But when a kid fall down from the house, who is going to pay me back?

jbtay
02-05-13, 15:54
Hi Eastlover,

Ha ha, pl see the attached from URA

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/forum/2013/forum13-02.html

Question is, is our back balcony included in the computations of GFA when developer submitted to URA for approval, if yes, then it would appear that we check with developer what were the pre-approved designs or simply write to URA to seek guidance. But if the service balconies were not part of the GFA (meaning developer was exempted from the GFA charges 'but yet owners paid for the floor space"), then we can only approach the MCST to endorse the proposal prior to seeking approval from URA on a case by case basis.

So, MCST must first agree, then, seek URA's approval, what if MCST don't agree, can we go to URA direct?:doh:

acidic.straw
02-05-13, 16:05
But is really dangerous not to install anything in the yard with children around.

I really want to install one in my backyward. Can the developer sue me on this? Can I challenge them back base on the law, they should advise us a set of common grill which we can install.. but we have not hear from them till date and we need a safe home for the kids? A house is just a house..wear and tear or old le, can sell away. But when a kid fall down from the house, who is going to pay me back?

Don't jump the gun. Developers are generally reasonable and will allow for some standard protective/safety grille. It is too early to disseminate such information. Typically, all info will be contained in the house-rules when you collect your keys or available from the MA at TOP.

East Lover
02-05-13, 16:23
window grill is allowed for most of projects, i believe WV will allow also..

we are talking about windows which will enclose the space, so high chance SL will not support :D

gohbek
02-05-13, 16:25
Don't jump the gun. Developers are generally reasonable and will allow for some standard protective/safety grille. It is too early to disseminate such information. Typically, all info will be contained in the house-rules when you collect your keys or available from the MA at TOP.

thank you for your advise. I will freak out with things that involve with children safety. Meaning i have to exclude the grills and those panel out from my ID quotation first? till TOP collect keys, then I will able to get direction from the management?

gohbek
02-05-13, 16:30
window grill is allowed for most of projects, i believe WV will allow also..

we are talking about windows which will enclose the space, so high chance SL will not support :D

Can the backward install grill? hmm....i only though of closing the window.. never thought of the grill. Will check with my ID this weekend.

gohbek
02-05-13, 16:55
Can the backward install grill? hmm....i only though of closing the window.. never thought of the grill. Will check with my ID this weekend.

ops...i mean backyard. :doh:

Kengar
02-05-13, 17:33
thank you for your advise. I will freak out with things that involve with children safety. Meaning i have to exclude the grills and those panel out from my ID quotation first? till TOP collect keys, then I will able to get direction from the management?

Put those as optional items so that it is more flexible :D

gohbek
02-05-13, 17:44
Put those as optional items so that it is more flexible :D

thank you brother kengar. :)

East Lover
03-05-13, 11:40
Expo got this. Simple version 4 class panel, after discount about 8k

http://cabinettos.com/wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=179&type=image&TB_iframe=1

East Lover
03-05-13, 14:29
fold away bed v.s. wall bed..

Expo got this. Simple version 4 class panel, after discount about 8k

http://cabinettos.com/wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=179&type=image&TB_iframe=1

http://cabinettos.com/wp-content/uploads/HongKong22-420x315.jpg

hsiensational
03-05-13, 14:55

This is the most rational response. I think it would be good to put some of the procedures out in the open so all here can get an idea of how complex the process of getting proper approval is and that the Management Committee's job is not so simple.

It's very easy to say that the MC needs to to this and that, and suggestions can come fast and furious - but who is actually going to do the work? Who will want to be part of the MC and face residents with all sorts of suggestions who do not understand the legislation and procedures but look only at their self interest?

1. First, a comprehensive design needs to be drawn up including description of materials, safety features and artists impressions. This has to be submitted to the MC for endorsement. Who wants to do this and at who's cost? The person doing this (not the MC or the developer) may also have to get planning approval from URA. URA, will just tell you whether they object or not, but will not tell you if the design or materials contravene any other legistation e.g. increase or bust the allowable Gross Floor Area (GFA) for the development.

2. If the design is decent, I believe there needs to be 90% agreement obtained at an AGM to get any additions that will affect the facade of the development. Consider whether this is easy to achieve?

3. If 90% agreement on the resolution can be obtained, the MC will then have to submit the design to URA for approval. Meanwhile it has to be determined that the design does not increase or bust the GFA for the development and the materials and contractor doing the supply and installation are approved. I understand that getting this information can sometimes be harder than squeezing blood from stone.

4. If all the above are approved and the addition & alteration is deemed not to increase the GFA of the development, the MC can then use the design as a template for all others who wish to install the addition. If anyone wants to install a variation of it, they will have to go through the whole process all over again.

5. Do note that the waterproofing warranty for the walls and possibly floor around the area will be rendered void once an addition or alteration is done.

It just sounds daunting to me...

forestfire
04-05-13, 12:15
fold away bed v.s. wall bed..

http://cabinettos.com/wp-content/uploads/HongKong22-420x315.jpg

Hi East Lover, how can mattress be pushed into the cabinet width (12" wide)? or do we need to keep the mattress somewhere else?

Noexit
04-05-13, 12:32
Hi East Lover, how can mattress be pushed into the cabinet width (12" wide)? or do we need to keep the mattress somewhere else?

maybe The slight up to the back for the canbinet like the video show in the web . i guess

forestfire
04-05-13, 13:50
maybe The slight up to the back for the canbinet like the video show in the web . i guess

Oh ya! It's a fantastic idea - I've seen the video & know how it works. Thanks, Noexit

angiedan78
05-05-13, 12:47
Dear WV future neighbours,

Latest news, for those who want to sell their WVs, this is a piece of Good News for you. a 2-bedder unit @Stack 85, overlooking Bedok Reservoir at Balcony, high floor, SOLD at about $1,200/psf recently.
Really envy those who have spare CASH to invest!!! :o
Looking at the progress, are we still hoping for end 13 - TOP????

henryhk
05-05-13, 18:44

Latest news, for those who want to sell their WVs, this is a piece of Good News for you. a 2-bedder unit @Stack 85, overlooking Bedok Reservoir at Balcony, high floor, SOLD at about $1,200/psf recently.
The ura website not listed the sale, where u get the info?

East Lover
06-05-13, 09:14
Dear FEC, anyone knows the project reference number of WV?

We can go BCA site to check the status of WV... :D
https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx

Justin3
06-05-13, 10:05

Yes, only for those sellers, it is good news

For us own staying. don't care the psf

teck
06-05-13, 10:14

Stack 85??? Or Block 85? If block 85, it should be overlooking Quarry right?

star
06-05-13, 10:22
Once condo is more than 20yrs old it is better to sell off and buy new.

minami-san
06-05-13, 13:05

https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx I think the project reference number is on the "signboard" (the one that said TOP Q3/2013) that you posted quite some time ago :)

East Lover
06-05-13, 15:24
I think the project reference number is on the "signboard" (the one that said TOP Q3/2013) that you posted quite some time ago :)

you mean this one? :D

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811257.jpg

East Lover
06-05-13, 15:30

https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx

WV project reference number: A1378-00001-2010
Status............................................Date/Time.....View Details
BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT AS-BUILT STRUCTURAL PLAN......PROCESSED.....22/2/2012 11:36
BCA-BE-CTASST-BEV/C3
BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT OF SUPERVISION OF PILING WORK......PROCESSED.....22/2/2012 11:36
BCA-BE-QPCTPW-BEV/C1
PERMIT TO CARRY OUT STRUCTURAL WORKS......PROCESSING.....29/4/2013 10:00

desquire
06-05-13, 16:53
What do the messages mean? It's like a code word for treasure hunting. Morse code or those alchemic ones easier to understand. Does it state the TOP date? Sorry for being blur. :D

Justin3
06-05-13, 17:46
WV project reference number: A1378-00001-2010
Status............................................Date/Time.....View Details
BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT AS-BUILT STRUCTURAL PLAN......PROCESSED.....22/2/2012 11:36
BCA-BE-CTASST-BEV/C3
BCA-BE-SUBM OF CERT OF SUPERVISION OF PILING WORK......PROCESSED.....22/2/2012 11:36
BCA-BE-QPCTPW-BEV/C1
PERMIT TO CARRY OUT STRUCTURAL WORKS......PROCESSING.....29/4/2013 10:00

Permit to carry out structural works is still in processing on 29/4/2013?

which structural works? the building structure is almost completed, right?

Is it meant that SL carry out the works without permit?

Very blur.

acidic.straw
06-05-13, 20:04

Very blur.

Best is not to tax your minds on such matters and leave them to the experts. Just know what payment milestones have been made and TOP is tentatively Dec 2013. :D

angiedan78
06-05-13, 21:14
Stack 85??? Or Block 85? If block 85, it should be overlooking Quarry right?

Dear Teck

Sorry it's stack 26, Juz sold last weekend, still in 2 weeks cooling period though, u r right, it is Blk 85.

teck
07-05-13, 07:48
Dear Teck

Sorry it's stack 26, Juz sold last weekend, still in 2 weeks cooling period though, u r right, it is Blk 85.
Oh. Ok. But I guess most of us are buying WV for own stay....

desquire
07-05-13, 08:49
Just received the next billing for completion of work (5 and 6) of 10% yesterday. 4 more to go! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

East Lover
07-05-13, 09:36
Just received the next billing for completion of work (5 and 6) of 10% yesterday. 4 more to go! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
congrats! :D

saw all the blocks are putting up balconies, except yours... should be coming soon? :p :p

East Lover
07-05-13, 09:38

Very blur.
this one i also dont understand, must consult Mr Tay :p

Justin3
07-05-13, 11:50
[QUOTE=desquire]Just received the next billing for completion of work (5 and 6) of 10% yesterday. 4 more to go! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:[/QUOTE
Hi, brother
Which 4 more to go? Shall be 2 more to go for TOP?

desquire
07-05-13, 12:40
[quote=desquire]Just received the next billing for completion of work (5 and 6) of 10% yesterday. 4 more to go! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:[/QUOTE
Hi, brother
Which 4 more to go? Shall be 2 more to go for TOP?

Maybe I'm wrong but else, there's 10 payments in all. I've made 6 payments thus far...

Owing to the fact that my block is slow, the rest of you might have paid 8 times in all with 2 last remaining ones for TOP(25%) and the last one collection of key? (15%)...

Justin3
07-05-13, 13:14
[quote=Justin3]

Maybe I'm wrong but else, there's 10 payments in all. I've made 6 payments thus far...

Owing to the fact that my block is slow, the rest of you might have paid 8 times in all with 2 last remaining ones for TOP(25%) and the last one collection of key? (15%)...

If you paid 6th payment, it is faster than mine.
1) 5% booking
2) 15% 8th week
3) 10% foundation
4) 10% concrete framework
5) 5% brick walll
6) 5% celling
7) 5% door & window, internal plastering
8) 5% car park & drain
9) 25% TOP
10) 15% Completion
Mine is 5th only, we can get key at TOP right?

desquire
07-05-13, 13:34
[QUOTE=desquire]

1) 5% booking
2) 15% 8th week
3) 10% foundation
5) 5% brick walll
6) 5% celling
8) 5% car park & drain
9) 25% TOP
10) 15% Completion

My 5th and 6th payment came yesterday at one go. Need to check with the specialists. I'm a rookie when it comes to property. Thought I was the last one left behind. There's someone else out there now. Hahahha. Cheers bro. :D

jbtay
07-05-13, 13:56
this one i also dont understand, must consult Mr Tay :p

Ha ha, no worries. Paper work always trails behind actual works. SL is an experienced builder and has gone thru this umpteen times. So shouldn't have undue surprises and set-backs. Once works are completed and certified by QP and compliance certs by the various authorities, as-builts plans highlighting deviations, etc only then can QP apply for joint site inspection to BCA which is btw 10 days to 4 weeks after such application, pass inspection then can submit TOP application.... so happy monitoring...Its coming out nicely and looking very pretty ....:D

IamSailing
07-05-13, 15:09
Just received payment request for step 7). 3 more to go. Stack 73.

Kengar
07-05-13, 15:31
[quote=desquire]

1) 5% booking
2) 15% 8th week
3) 10% foundation
5) 5% brick walll
6) 5% celling
8) 5% car park & drain
9) 25% TOP
10) 15% Completion

The last 15% is 1 year after TOP right?

Justin3
07-05-13, 16:26
[quote=Justin3]

I heard it is normal practice here. no experience yet.

Ay&dktk
07-05-13, 16:27
[quote=Justin3]

I believe 15% is overall completion of the project. Usually when TOP, condo facilities or surrounding works may not be complete when move in.

gohbek
07-05-13, 16:27
[quote=Justin3]

I thought at number 9 can collect key already? Number 10 is after we move in then make payment right?

East Lover
07-05-13, 16:39
I thought at number 9 can collect key already? Number 10 is after we move in then make payment right?
YES, number 9 TOP, then collection key.

After one year, they do inspection (see if you install windows in balcony :D :D ), then we pay the last 15%.

by then, we our dear FEC will fully take over our dear WV and live happily ever after...:cheers4:

gohbek
07-05-13, 16:46

After one year, they do inspection (see if you install windows in balcony :D :D ), then we pay the last 15%.

by then, we our dear FEC will fully take over our dear WV and live happily ever after...:cheers4:

yeh...i like the happily ever after. :)

East Lover
07-05-13, 17:45
Dear Mr Tay,

Thanks for your advices... a bit chim for me...:o

Perdon me to ask a silly queston: what does "PERMIT TO CARRY OUT STRUCTURAL WORKS" mean for this case? :ashamed1:

Ha ha, no worries. Paper work always trails behind actual works. SL is an experienced builder and has gone thru this umpteen times. So shouldn't have undue surprises and set-backs. Once works are completed and certified by QP and compliance certs by the various authorities, as-builts plans highlighting deviations, etc only then can QP apply for joint site inspection to BCA which is btw 10 days to 4 weeks after such application, pass inspection then can submit TOP application.... so happy monitoring...Its coming out nicely and looking very pretty ....:D

desquire
07-05-13, 18:23

Generosity and kindness at work. Honestly didn't know such payment made a year after TOP. Thought they will hold a glinting knife by our throat and ensure all paid up before handing the keys over. I like your mention of installing the windows in the balcony as the best excuse.

I hope I don't see you turn green and make a raft out of your window grill by the reservoir. If that happens, I'll volunteer to be your photographer or I'll get our Zeamybro to do it. :D

What a beautiful nice cool rainy day. I love today. Iceberg is hitting us!!!:p

Eastguy
07-05-13, 20:34
[QUOTE=desquire]

1) 5% booking
2) 15% 8th week
3) 10% foundation
5) 5% brick walll
6) 5% celling
8) 5% car park & drain
9) 25% TOP
10) 15% Completion

Mine only 4th payment....

desquire
07-05-13, 20:53
[QUOTE=Justin3]

Duh!! I'm free of my duties of carrying the flag. Now we have a dole of tortoises and I'm no longer the last one. :p

jbtay
07-05-13, 21:39
Dear Mr Tay,

Thanks for your advices... a bit chim for me...:o

Perdon me to ask a silly queston: what does "PERMIT TO CARRY OUT STRUCTURAL WORKS" mean for this case? :ashamed1:

Hurray, East Lover, maybe someone could be a little slip-short in the paper work.I said "maybe", so the concerned persons out there..pl don't flame me...but after our Dear Ms East Lover (of CSI fame) reported the matter, permit was issued on 7 MAY 2013!!!. Ha ha.. but in fairness, there were a total of 4 permits issued and the last one could be for something recent.
In theory, without the permit to carry out structural works ... builder can't even commence piling and foundation works, etc or carry out at builder's own risk, insurance can be voided should some mishaps happen during construction, so unlikely builder, developer and QP would take such a risk, so more likely the last permit could be for some minor works that was left out in the earlier applications. :sleep:

East Lover
08-05-13, 09:16
Dear Mr Tay, thanks! you are really knowledgable! :47:

Glad to see the permit is issued ~ really hope to see SL submit the TOP request soonest! but of course, all of us must have received payment for carpark first before this request...

Does the following request mean for TOP inspection? I found for another project :p
BCA-CSC-APPLN FOR SITE INSPECTION

Hurray, East Lover, maybe someone could be a little slip-short in the paper work.I said "maybe", so the concerned persons out there..pl don't flame me...but after our Dear Ms East Lover (of CSI fame) reported the matter, permit was issued on 7 MAY 2013!!!. Ha ha.. but in fairness, there were a total of 4 permits issued and the last one could be for something recent.
In theory, without the permit to carry out structural works ... builder can't even commence piling and foundation works, etc or carry out at builder's own risk, insurance can be voided should some mishaps happen during construction, so unlikely builder, developer and QP would take such a risk, so more likely the last permit could be for some minor works that was left out in the earlier applications. :sleep:

Justin3
08-05-13, 09:34
[quote=Justin3]

Hi, Brother

No warry, even only one block not finished, all others can't get move in right?

I just got 6) & 7) combine as 10% letter last evening when I open my mail box.

That is less than two monthes after I received 5)

two more steps to go for collecting keys.

So I guess TOP at 3rd quarter is still possible if SL want to, TOP at 4th quarter is firmed.

Cheers:cheers2:

JUSTIN3

jbtay
08-05-13, 10:25
Dear Mr Tay, thanks! you are really knowledgable! :47:

Glad to see the permit is issued ~ really hope to see SL submit the TOP request soonest! but of course, all of us must have received payment for carpark first before this request...

Does the following request mean for TOP inspection? I found for another project :p
BCA-CSC-APPLN FOR SITE INSPECTION

This is for issue of Certificate of Statutory Completion - CSC, which is not necessarily 1 yr after TOP. In fact usually, authorities require CSC to be obtained within 1 year of TOP. So it can also be issued together with TOP if all the authorities requirements for compliance are met.. which would mean that the last 15% of progress payments can also fall due. CSC does not depend on the 1 year maintenance period.;)

East Lover
08-05-13, 16:45
Mr Tay, thanks! That's interesting to know that the 15% can even be paid earlier than one year after TOP....

But from this status, can we conclude that this project is ready for TOP???

This is for issue of Certificate of Statutory Completion - CSC, which is not necessarily 1 yr after TOP. In fact usually, authorities require CSC to be obtained within 1 year of TOP. So it can also be issued together with TOP if all the authorities requirements for compliance are met.. which would mean that the last 15% of progress payments can also fall due. CSC does not depend on the 1 year maintenance period.;)

jbtay
09-05-13, 16:58
Mr Tay, thanks! That's interesting to know that the 15% can even be paid earlier than one year after TOP....

But from this status, can we conclude that this project is ready for TOP???

Yes, if the project meets all the compliance requirements for the issuance of CSC by the Commissioner of Building Control (whatever that date is), then Cl 5.4 of the SPA gets triggered, then 8% goes to SL, 5% goes to the Singapore Academy of Law (as stakeholder for safekeeping). This 5% gets paid to SL on Final Payment Date (which is essentially when the 1 year maintenance period is over). The remaining 2% gets paid on Completion Date.

Yes, for the project awaiting inspection of CSC, once CSC is issued, building can be occupied. TOP as the name implies is Temporary, that means that, certain other minor items have not been fully complied with but the building is safe and habitable. Usually, TOP is first applied, then CSC.

For WV, If I compare with NV Residences, around 6 Jun 12, owners received letters to pay 5% for carpark, roads and drains. Phase 1 TOP was 14 Jan 13, Phase 2 27 Mar 13. Now is already coming to 2nd week of May 13, and carpark, roads and drains for WV not completed yet, once we all get this payment letter, then TOP should be within 6 months, based on NV's case.
:cool:

Stoney Stone Stone
09-05-13, 20:05
Received Lawyer letter to pay next 5%(door & window, internal plastering) yesterday. 1 more 5% payment to TOP. Start to countdown liao...
185 days, 184 days, 183 days..........:D

East Lover
10-05-13, 09:58
Anyone can tell what are they doing in the children pool???
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4575_zpsf7fd6e59.jpg

East Lover
10-05-13, 10:01
Any progress after one month?? :o
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4576_zps5a9b93f7.jpg

acidic.straw
10-05-13, 10:12
Anyone can tell what are they doing in the children pool???
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4575_zpsf7fd6e59.jpg

My guess is they are doing some waterproofing works and the shelter is to protect it from rain while it is still drying. :D

jbtay
10-05-13, 10:28
My guess is they are doing some waterproofing works and the shelter is to protect it from rain while it is still drying. :D

That has to be the reason.Have to do a good job, otherwise, carpark will get water seepage now and then, not immediately Water proofing should have 10 yrs warranty.

thechoi
10-05-13, 12:30

Pardon my ignorance, do they inspection house by house ?

East Lover
10-05-13, 14:50
I remember so...

Pardon my ignorance, do they inspection house by house ?

Echelon
12-05-13, 09:42
Happy Weekends!

Want to ask for some advise. I am considering minor interior design works, with the following,

1. Wallpaper (for some of the walls) to take away the harshness of just a pain over. - thoughts on this? I have never used wallpaper before and non of my family members use them in their houses.

2. Built in TV console - I want to build a Entertainment Center into the wall, with lots of cabinets - any recommendations?

3. Mixture of curtains and blinds for all the windows - My stack faces the Quarry and have 45 degree sunlight hitting our windows - assuming it will get plenty hot.

4. Looking for beds with storage underneath it to keep all our junk.

5. Should I engage a designer or save money and do it myself.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

jbtay
12-05-13, 10:08
Saw e workers removing e site office at left of entrance this morning. Clearing e way to build e bin centre. Looks like home run now, left the swimming pools n the club house. I think we are physically more advanced than NV was in may 12, so TOP end 13 more likely, n Nov may even be a possibilty. B-):-D;-):-P:-*

Justin3
12-05-13, 10:36
Saw e workers removing e site office at left of entrance this morning. Clearing e way to build e bin centre. Looks like home run now, left the swimming pools n the club house. I think we are physically more advanced than NV was in may 12, so TOP end 13 more likely, n Nov may even be a possibilty. B-):-D;-):-P:-*
That is very good, I like it.

joycewangwen
12-05-13, 13:14
Could any expert tell what is inside the red circle? I don't think it is car park...:spliff::spliff:

acidic.straw
12-05-13, 13:30
Could any expert tell what is inside the red circle? I don't think it is car park...:spliff::spliff:

I think that's the power sub-station for the estate.

jbtay
12-05-13, 14:25
I think that's the power sub-station for the estate.

Spot on, my friend. That's where the transformers and switchgears will be located. But on the rooftop, that's going to be the barbecue pits and alfresco dining area. My advice to all the young couples would be that if you need baby boys to add to your family, better use the other barbecue pits near the children's pool. If you want daughters, then go ahead, use this barbecue bit. No warranties given however for this advice. This notice applies only to the menfolks. Ladies not included. :D

joycewangwen
12-05-13, 15:46
Thanks a lot....

So, next buy condo must consider this, unless ppl don't mind the EM field in that room...:doh::doh:

acidic.straw
12-05-13, 15:51
Spot on, my friend. That's where the transformers and switchgears will be located. But on the rooftop, that's going to be the barbecue pits and alfresco dining area. My advice to all the young couples would be that if you need baby boys to add to your family, better use the other barbecue pits near the children's pool. If you want daughters, then go ahead, use this barbecue bit. No warranties given however for this advice. This notice applies only to the menfolks. Ladies not included. :D

hahaha...just pray there's no electrical surges..then get boy or girl or ??? :D

Shadus
13-05-13, 14:37
Don't worry, there's no concrete proof of that.... haha, else my workplace all baby girls liao

foxlilian
14-05-13, 09:01
/Users/liliangan/Desktop/P4190074.JPG

Took this pic from across the reservoir. Looks nice?

East Lover
14-05-13, 09:55
/Users/liliangan/Desktop/P4190074.JPG

Took this pic from across the reservoir. Looks nice?
can you attach to the forum? none of us can access to your desktop :D

foxlilian
14-05-13, 10:00
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151486961313425&set=a.10151486961213425.1073741834.734443424&type=1&relevant_count=1

So sorry. Didn't know how to use attachment. Try this.

angiedan78
14-05-13, 21:31
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151486961313425&set=a.10151486961213425.1073741834.734443424&type=1&relevant_count=1

So sorry. Didn't know how to use attachment. Try this.

also cannot see leh.....:doh:

foxlilian
15-05-13, 08:03
Ok, I have set it to public viewing on FB. Try again. I'm not very good at this, but if this works, I will post more. I go to Bedok reservoir every week to take pics of Waterview!

forestfire
15-05-13, 08:18
Ok, I have set it to public viewing on FB. Try again. I'm not very good at this, but if this works, I will post more. I go to Bedok reservoir every week to take pics of Waterview!

Yes, it works - please post more pictures

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/943374_10151486961313425_1975359601_n.jpg

jbtay
15-05-13, 08:22

Yes, well done. Keep them coming. Looking more and more like the showflat model. Thanks. :cool:

foxlilian
15-05-13, 09:20
I was one of those who hated the crystal blue colour when I 1st saw it, but it seems to be growing on me. It actually looks quite pleasant from across the reservoir.

As for my block's progress(stack 17), I'm paid up 55% as at end Mar2013. At that point, it was indicated TOP possibly 4Q 2013.:)

gohbek
15-05-13, 10:08
are they slowing down with the constructing? As I have notice nothing was done on the balcony glass panels and also the sliding doors:character0029: for units facing quarry and the petrol kiosk since 2 weeks ago. :(

It has remain as it is when I drove daily to work...no progress. I am starting to get anxious over TOP...

Justin3
15-05-13, 13:21
are they slowing down with the constructing? As I have notice nothing was done on the balcony glass panels and also the sliding doors:character0029: for units facing quarry and the petrol kiosk since 2 weeks ago. :(

It has remain as it is when I drove daily to work...no progress. I am starting to get anxious over TOP...

No warry, yesterday met a friend who bought "Miton" at Loh Ah Soo, shown me the photo which is similar progress with WV and they are expecting Sep 13 TOP.

I believe WV end of 13 TOP is "not warry".

East Lover
15-05-13, 18:03
No warry, yesterday met a friend who bought "Miton" at Loh Ah Soo, shown me the photo which is similar progress with WV and they are expecting Sep 13 TOP.

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

joycewangwen
15-05-13, 18:40
:cutedoggy: :cutedoggy:

Hurry up...top in end of 2013

minami-san
15-05-13, 21:31
Yes, it works - please post more pictures

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/943374_10151486961313425_1975359601_n.jpg
I like how the reflection enhance wv's beauty! 诗情画意!

Good house
15-05-13, 22:01
If I may comment from an outsider point of view.........it look really nice and pleasant:)

East Lover
16-05-13, 12:37
I like how the reflection enhance wv's beauty! 诗情画意!
agreed! it's really nice! to add your "诗情画意", we can also use "湖光山色" as we have water view, little hill view and city view. really a nice project ;)

East Lover
16-05-13, 12:38
If I may comment from an outsider point of view.........it look really nice and pleasant:)
Dear Good house, thanks! I agreed with you! :D

East Lover
16-05-13, 12:44

just now i went to "Minton" thread, their progress looks more or less as us, and it seems Minton has much bigger scale than WV? a lot more of facities than WV?

Why are they so optimized about TOP on Sept 13?? while our desquire bear bear always crying for TOP on CNY 2014??

Mr Tay, sorry... I would like to consult you again, from expert point of view, what is the realistic timeline for WV TOP? :rolleyes:

desquire
16-05-13, 13:19
just now i went to "Minton" thread, their progress looks more or less as us, and it seems Minton has much bigger scale than WV? a lot more of facities than WV?

Why are they so optimized about TOP on Sept 13?? while our desquire bear bear always crying for TOP on CNY 2014??

Mr Tay, sorry... I would like to consult you again, from expert point of view, what is the realistic timeline for WV TOP? :rolleyes:
Minton in September. Yes, I believe. That's what is known as the estimated time. By the looks of it we should know if September is possible.

Minton being on a larger scale will definitely take a slightly longer time. However, I'm sure they have many more men to do the job too. Estimated time is really vague. It can be delayed by months even due to "unforeseen circumstances". So I still take CNY 2014 to be the time based on my naked eyes and sensibility.

Of course I also want an early TOP but I'm just trying to be practical. Yes, maybe our analytical Mr Tay can help us. Hehe...:D

jbtay
16-05-13, 13:36
Minton in September. Yes, I believe. That's what is known as the estimated time. By the looks of it we should know if September is possible.

Minton being on a larger scale will definitely take a slightly longer time. However, I'm sure they have many more men to do the job too. Estimated time is really vague. It can be delayed by months even due to "unforeseen circumstances". So I still take CNY 2014 to be the time based on my naked eyes and sensibility.

Of course I also want an early TOP but I'm just trying to be practical. Yes, maybe our analytical Mr Tay can help us. Hehe...:D

Ha Ha. Sorry to disappoint. Don't have crystal ball. But yes, Minton 1145 units, 18 blocks of 15/17 storeys. And look at the facilities.

:doh: Beautiful Landscape Garden in 3 Worlds - Wellness / Tranquil / Fun
Wellness World Tranquil World Fun World
- 50m Lap Pool - Cascading Waterfall - Badminton Dome (Indoor aircon)
- 90sqm Chipping Green - Library - Water Playground & Kids Pool
- Sun Decks - Relaxation Island - Dining Cabana
- 20m Heated Pool - Garden of Botanical Giants - Main Pool
- Jogging Trails - Tiger Orchid Pavillion - Pool Side Deck
- "Alice in Wonderland" Croquet Lawn - Amazonian Lily Pond - Grand Clubhouse
- Fitness Stations - Comtemporary Bridge function room
- Sky Terraces - Green Cabana yoga room
His & Hers Gym & Onsen Spas billiard & table soccer room
Hydro Massage karaoke room
Jacuzzi band room
Steams Room piano room
games room
Children's Palyground -
- 3 BBQ Pits
- Rock "N" Log Outdoor Chess Set
- Tennnis Court
- Dining Pavillion / BBQ
- BBQ Zones
- Treehouse Playground:doh:

Though for Minton to TOP by Sep 13 although they seem to be slightly ahead.. notice some tree planting already .... but that is the easy part .WV has much less facilities to complete and layout is simple, so as I mentioned before, guestimate Dec TOP, very possible, Nov TOP maybe 40% chance.
Move in by Xmas 13 - unlikely if want to be some ID works... and my view is if cannot make it by Xmas 13, also unlikely for CNY 14 since that is on 31 Jan 14. 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after, all construction sites shut down and there is an exodus of workers back home. A lot of the interior works require skilled workers and fitters...
So, move in Mar 14 ....:cheers4:

East Lover
16-05-13, 14:07
Move in Mar 2014!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ha Ha. Sorry to disappoint. Don't have crystal ball. But yes, Minton 1145 units, 18 blocks of 15/17 storeys. And look at the facilities.

Beautiful Landscape Garden in 3 Worlds - Wellness / Tranquil / Fun
Wellness World Tranquil World Fun World
- 50m Lap Pool - Cascading Waterfall - Badminton Dome (Indoor aircon)
- 90sqm Chipping Green - Library - Water Playground & Kids Pool
- Sun Decks - Relaxation Island - Dining Cabana
- 20m Heated Pool - Garden of Botanical Giants - Main Pool
- Jogging Trails - Tiger Orchid Pavillion - Pool Side Deck
- "Alice in Wonderland" Croquet Lawn - Amazonian Lily Pond - Grand Clubhouse
- Fitness Stations - Comtemporary Bridge function room
- Sky Terraces - Green Cabana yoga room
His & Hers Gym & Onsen Spas billiard & table soccer room
Hydro Massage karaoke room
Jacuzzi band room
Steams Room piano room
games room
Children's Palyground -
- 3 BBQ Pits
- Rock "N" Log Outdoor Chess Set
- Tennnis Court
- Dining Pavillion / BBQ
- BBQ Zones
- Treehouse Playground:doh:

Though for Minton to TOP by Sep 13 although they seem to be slightly ahead.. notice some tree planting already .... but that is the easy part .WV has much less facilities to complete and layout is simple, so as I mentioned before, guestimate Dec TOP, very possible, Nov TOP maybe 40% chance.
Move in by Xmas 13 - unlikely if want to be some ID works... and my view is if cannot make it by Xmas 13, also unlikely for CNY 14 since that is on 31 Jan 14. 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after, all construction sites shut down and there is an exodus of workers back home. A lot of the interior works require skilled workers and fitters...
So, move in Mar 14 ....:cheers4:

joyce501
17-05-13, 06:35
Hi,

I have a serious buyer looking for a unit at block 75.
He wanted to buy a unit there as his relative also has a unit at block 75.
He prefers 2 bedroom, stack 7, mid floors, however if yours is 3 bedroom, or other stack/level, he will consider too.

Pls PM me / call me if you are interested to sell your unit.
Thanks!

Joyce @ 96247596

East Lover
17-05-13, 13:38
Look at the Minton photo, they have planted some small trees along the wall of estat.

Will WV wall like this? Seems no secure at all leh :cool: 防君子不防小人?:scared-5:

chestnut
17-05-13, 15:11
Checked with my agent.... TOP should be around end Q4 2013. Agent will have a better idea end Q3.

:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

East Lover
17-05-13, 16:11
Checked with my agent.... TOP should be around end Q4 2013. Agent will have a better idea end Q3.

:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:
Big bro, really? Sounds good!

Btw what better idea does ur agent have regarding to the end Q3? Meaning SL has to keep their promise to complete everything by Q3?:cheers5:

chestnut
17-05-13, 16:20
Big bro, really? Sounds good!

Btw what better idea does ur agent have regarding to the end Q3? Meaning SL has to keep their promise to complete everything by Q3?:cheers5:
What I mean is TOP expected end Q4.

Come end Q3, she will be able to advise if TOP can be done earlier....

So Q4 looks like the likely TOP.. More towards end Q4... So if earlier will be a bonus...

Did you know that Sim Lian owns Orange Tee.

Prices climbing up hor.... Wait until TOP, climb will be more... There is a new government land sales next to Qbay....

Believe Far East will bid aggressive on it....

more than 80% sold on Qbay

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIWeb/price/submitSearch.action;jsessionid=v4MpRVpJD1sLTSW66MDGs3CmTx3BBZJ0TH2pcGpBrHpRT2k5Tyhv!18945237

desquire
17-05-13, 21:45
Yes, very likely to be sometime around Q4 or early 2014 should there be some delay here and there should there be any. Wow! 80% of Qbay sold!!! That's great. Anyway the place looks good also. Beary beary nice. I like Qbay!!

Btw big bro, you're right on the overall looks of WV. It's really serene and beautiful. Just that initially most of us feel kinda cheated for not being informed of the blue. Just kinda shocking to see something unfamiliar. Now, that time has passed and move onto a new chapter. Very nice, sweet and simplicity at its best. :D

gohbek
17-05-13, 22:11
I just received another letter frm my lawyer to call for 5% payment for the door & window frames, electrical wiring. 1 more to go to TOP... So happy... Happy weekend ahead!:)

guysg27
17-05-13, 23:42
I just received another letter frm my lawyer to call for 5% payment for the door & window frames, electrical wiring. 1 more to go to TOP... So happy... Happy weekend ahead!:)

Great.. Me too received the letter for another 5% today. Waiting eagerly for SL to complete the car park now and hope to move in by X'mas.

Shadus
20-05-13, 11:26
How fast can move-in depends on individual preference mah. Q4 TOP, get key, move-in also can. If you dun need ID or much renovation. Last condo I see, TOP, 1 week later see ppl staying liao... amazing.
Some neighbours v. fussy about this and that, so check unit, a lot of patch-work, patch here and there. 1 month later, still checking 2nd round, 3rd round. Then can't get ID to start work since have to finish with patching by developers first.

jjtio
20-05-13, 14:40
looking fwd :D

atta
20-05-13, 23:40
Random:-
Just wondering if they have laid tiles in the swimming pool yet... Haha

Mine should be the last stack... Only 10% asked so far..

gohbek
21-05-13, 08:50

There is a stack facing quarry and nearest to the junction, still have not install the balcony glass but saw the air con is up. why arr? i thought should be the other way round first, right?

JohnDoe4
21-05-13, 09:38
Hi all,

Can the property experts here advise if we are allowed to change the balcony doors?

From what i see today, the balcony doors being installed are sliding type - 3 panels.

Was thinking of changing them to a) full glass that can be folded so you expose the entire space or b) wooden framed with glass for that tropical/bali style.

Can anybody shed some light on this matter?

mr_chongfs
21-05-13, 12:02
Hi all,

Can the property experts here advise if we are allowed to change the balcony doors?

From what i see today, the balcony doors being installed are sliding type - 3 panels.

Was thinking of changing them to a) full glass that can be folded so you expose the entire space or b) wooden framed with glass for that tropical/bali style.

Can anybody shed some light on this matter?

hi, i thought it's 4 pieces of sliding door ?

regarding your qn to change to folding before. I asked before, its not allowed.

cheers

Justin3
21-05-13, 12:08

I think they are busy on the swiming pool as there are cover on the swiming pool, there may be some kind of welding work as well as tiling work so they need cover. Right?