PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

East Lover
14-03-13, 16:27
bravo!! 有墨水!!

how about this? :D :D :D

纯白湖蓝何时了,
颜色知多少。
屋主昨夜又纷扰,
森联不堪回首月明中。
雕阑玉砌应犹在,
只是颜色改。
问君能有几多愁,
恰是一江春水向东流。

East Lover
14-03-13, 16:34
Hi,

I'm having troubles trying to upload a PDF file as an attachment.

Is anyone else having troubles or is it just me?
maybe too big? i never manage to upload any file here hahaha... maybe you can upload to some place and post the URL here.

what is this PDF talking about?

JohnDoe4
14-03-13, 17:23
Hi all,

I have put together a simple PDF document that summarizes the experiences of our brothers and sisters collecting their keys/moving into NV @ Pasir Ris.

They are our brothers and sisters because we are all in the East and we are all simple folks working hard to enjoy our property.

The PDF document is not meant to shame or ridicule the residents of NV or the developer CDL or their Management Office. The document is to share with everyone here on what to expect when it's our turn to collect our keys.

More importantly, this document is to give Sim Lian a heads-up on what to expect and not make the same mistakes. Some are very basic design flaws which should not happen in the first place, eg. using fabric seat-benches at pool area. Wouldn't people be wet from the pool sit on these fabric seats? Or the other example of installing the towel rack inside the shower area - won't my towel be wet when i shower?

The PDF also looks at issues like installing invisible grills at the balcony - can or cannot? Need approval or not? Who gives approval? Developer? management office? - All these issues can be avoided if SL communicates to us clearly on do's and don'ts.

If SL communicates clearly and don't make the same mistakes, we collect our keys fast with little or no issues and SL can collect $ faster. When things are clearly communicated early and detailed, we won't be asking same questions over and over again and SL won't have to waste time to answer our queries.

With that, can someone please help forward the attached PDF to Sim Lian, please.

Please read attached and respect our fellow Easterners at NV :-)

As I am having troubles attaching the PDF here, please download from this link here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Uvur0UkURgR3BxdVg0RFNmdnM/edit?usp=sharing)

Please download and view from your machine, it's clearer. Viewing from the link above, the images are not clear.

acidic.straw
14-03-13, 18:29
Hi all,

I have put together a simple PDF document that summarizes the experiences of our brothers and sisters collecting their keys/moving into NV @ Pasir Ris.

They are our brothers and sisters because we are all in the East and we are all simple folks working hard to enjoy our property.

The PDF document is not meant to shame or ridicule the residents of NV or the developer CDL or their Management Office. The document is to share with everyone here on what to expect when it's our turn to collect our keys.

More importantly, this document is to give Sim Lian a heads-up on what to expect and not make the same mistakes. Some are very basic design flaws which should not happen in the first place, eg. using fabric seat-benches at pool area. Wouldn't people be wet from the pool sit on these fabric seats? Or the other example of installing the towel rack inside the shower area - won't my towel be wet when i shower?

The PDF also looks at issues like installing invisible grills at the balcony - can or cannot? Need approval or not? Who gives approval? Developer? management office? - All these issues can be avoided if SL communicates to us clearly on do's and don'ts.

If SL communicates clearly and don't make the same mistakes, we collect our keys fast with little or no issues and SL can collect $ faster. When things are clearly communicated early and detailed, we won't be asking same questions over and over again and SL won't have to waste time to answer our queries.

With that, can someone please help forward the attached PDF to Sim Lian, please.

Please read attached and respect our fellow Easterners at NV :-)

As I am having troubles attaching the PDF here, please download from this link here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Uvur0UkURgR3BxdVg0RFNmdnM/edit?usp=sharing)

Please download and view from your machine, it's clearer. Viewing from the link above, the images are not clear.

Very enlightening...thks!

jjtio
15-03-13, 09:23
how about this? :D :D :D

纯白湖蓝何时了,
颜色知多少。
屋主昨夜又纷扰,
森联不堪回首月明中。
雕阑玉砌应犹在,
只是颜色改。
问君能有几多愁,
恰是一江春水向东流。

超赞!!!!!! 反映了大众的“心声”!

sleeping lamb
15-03-13, 23:00
finally passed by WV these 2 days and yes the environment is quite unbeatable but the facade looks quite horrifying for a PC. I almost thought it was the student hostel of Temasek Poly. disclaimer: just my personal views

Eastguy
17-03-13, 17:23
Hi

Attached are pictures taken on 17 March from Tropica.

Pictures of the BBQ pit, Children and adult swimming pool, tennis court, clubhouse, etc.

The guys were all working till late last night. Managed to get a glimpse of some internal units and saw that the kitchen cabinet, the master bedroom door to the rear balcony, air con and room cabinets all installed.

Looking at the progress, they should complete as scheduled.

Cheers Guys:cheers4:

joycewangwen
17-03-13, 17:46
Thanks for these wonderful pics...looks real good progress.:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

East Lover
17-03-13, 18:15
Hi east guy, thanks for the photos!

Did u manage to take some inside things? Really want to see how is the progress in interior, u see from which block? I couldn't manage to see leh...

Hi

Pictures of the BBQ pit, Children and adult swimming pool, tennis court, clubhouse, etc.

The guys were all working till late last night. Managed to get a glimpse of some internal units and saw that the kitchen cabinet, the master bedroom door to the rear balcony, air con and room cabinets all installed.

Eastguy
17-03-13, 18:31
Hi east guy, thanks for the photos!

Did u manage to take some inside things? Really want to see how is the progress in interior, u see from which block? I couldn't manage to see leh...

The gates of various blocks were faulty, so managed to go to the blocks n click pictures from my mobile. Which block r u staying? U can see the interior using the binoculars. Sister is staying at block 65.

star
17-03-13, 18:47
The gates of various blocks were faulty, so managed to go to the blocks n click pictures from my mobile. Which block r u staying? U can see the interior using the binoculars. Sister is staying at block 65.
Hi eastguy, can u post some photo of the boundary metal fences? Thanks.

Eastguy
17-03-13, 18:51
Hi eastguy, can u post some photo of the boundary metal fences? Thanks.

Bro... Which boundaries? Have many more pictures on my mobile, can send them thru whatsapps.

Cheers

star
17-03-13, 19:15
Bro... Which boundaries? Have many more pictures on my mobile, can send them thru whatsapps.

Cheers

The metal fence surrounding condo. I wonder how they look like.

Kengar
17-03-13, 19:33
Nice Great Shots! thanks!

Hi

Eastguy
17-03-13, 19:37

Don't think they hv installed the metal surrounding, maybe partially. Will try n upload some (if any) next week.

waterviewer88
17-03-13, 20:37
Great pics eastguy. Can see lots of progress being made. If you use a camera with zoom feature, I bet you can even capture the inside :D

Looks like we're heading for a Dec TOP :cheers4:

imchar16
17-03-13, 22:16
Anyone remember how does the PES at those block facing Ave 10 look like??

Pictures take by EastGuy have capture the PES units facing pools have concrete finishing. I remember vaguely the PES unit facing the roads have tempered glass from the 3D models but i might be wrong....

I like the balcony to be Tempered glass not concrete ley, can someone help to confirm?

Btw, EastGUY, Good job on the pictures updates, Thanks so much!

Kengar
17-03-13, 22:53
Should be all concrete based on the model.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-s3hg9favhEk/UUXZNRk43bI/AAAAAAAAAjw/EdcUfO2fN8k/s640/IMG_2167.JPG

Anyone remember how does the PES at those block facing Ave 10 look like??

Pictures take by EastGuy have capture the PES units facing pools have concrete finishing. I remember vaguely the PES unit facing the roads have tempered glass from the 3D models but i might be wrong....

I like the balcony to be Tempered glass not concrete ley, can someone help to confirm?

Btw, EastGUY, Good job on the pictures updates, Thanks so much!

imchar16
18-03-13, 00:31
Should be all concrete based on the model.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-s3hg9favhEk/UUXZNRk43bI/AAAAAAAAAjw/EdcUfO2fN8k/s640/IMG_2167.JPG

Orh, Thanks for attaching the picture!

:doh: dunno why i keep thinking that its glass, abit disappointed but overall still happy that i managed to get the last PES unit.

angiedan78
18-03-13, 08:49

Cheers

Hi everyone,

I'm new babe in WV, nice having u guys talking about WV for the past weeks. Can someone post some photos for Blk 75, Stack 6, as we've purchased a unit there. Not really can see from outside, it'll be good if we can see from inside.
Apparently, this ID was created for my wife, mine was created more than a month ago but couldn't view photos & sent replies to u guys until now using her ID. Perhaps, the administrator is a "GIRL" that allowed this ID to happen.
My ID long forgotten.
Hope to metting u guys soon.....

Thanks a million....:)

East Lover
18-03-13, 11:03
hi star, the metal fence not build yet. you can go waterfront wave thread to see if there is any photos. i went before, i think WV wall will be more or less like WFW type. not that bad lah.

star
18-03-13, 11:33
hi star, the metal fence not build yet. you can go waterfront wave thread to see if there is any photos. i went before, i think WV wall will be more or less like WFW type. not that bad lah.

Hi east lover, the pearl @ mount faber and meadow @ pierce look bad.

taurus332000
18-03-13, 12:24
Hi, need some advice here.

How should we place our microwave oven? I have requested SL to make an opening in the kitchen cabinet but not sure if that is the right decision cos what dimensions should I provide and what if I need to replace the oven that is of different size in future?

Thanks

waterviewer88
18-03-13, 13:42

How should we place our microwave oven? I have requested SL to make an opening in the kitchen cabinet but not sure if that is the right decision cos what dimensions should I provide and what if I need to replace the oven that is of different size in future?

Thanks

You already made the request? If you plan to put a microwave oven in the opening, did you also ask them to provide a power-point? Wiring may get quite messy if the powerpoint is outside.

I decided to leave things as they are and work a solution around what's provided when the time comes. Hopefully, not too much problem.

East Lover
18-03-13, 14:08
I requested for oven:

"to provide oven point under the hbo and provision of oven space. (Dimension to be further advice by owner)"

Thanks

Justin3
18-03-13, 16:10
Orh, Thanks for attaching the picture!

:doh: dunno why i keep thinking that its glass, abit disappointed but overall still happy that i managed to get the last PES unit.

I personnelly congrad you, it is very nice as WV 1st floor is equivalent to 2nd floor of other PC in terms of level. isn't it? I did not realize this fact before I select my unit.

angiedan78
18-03-13, 17:37
Hi Bro Kengar

I'm new babe in WV, nice having u guys talking about WV for the past weeks. Can someone post some photos for Blk 75, Stack 6, as we've purchased a unit there. Not really can see from outside, it'll be good if we can see from inside.
Apparently, this ID was created for my wife, mine was created more than a month ago but couldn't view photos & sent replies to u guys until now using her ID. Perhaps, the administrator is a "GIRL" that allowed this ID to happen.
My ID long forgotten.
Hope to meeting u guys soon.....
Do not know whether all WVers can read this...

taurus332000
18-03-13, 18:07
You already made the request? If you plan to put a microwave oven in the opening, did you also ask them to provide a power-point? Wiring may get quite messy if the powerpoint is outside.

I decided to leave things as they are and work a solution around what's provided when the time comes. Hopefully, not too much problem.

You made a good point. I made e request to have the opening but I didnt ask for power point :(

Think it's safer to leave the cabinets as it is and work it out with id later.
I'm afraid having a fixed opening limits e options I have when changing ovens in future too.

Thanks to you and east lover for yr advice!

angiedan78
18-03-13, 18:16
I requested for oven:

"to provide oven point under the hbo and provision of oven space. (Dimension to be further advice by owner)"

Hi Sis East Lover

We had replied a few quotes but none responded, do not know whether WVers read our message or not, therefore trying to reply to each individual, hope u guys do not mind...

Thanks

East Lover
18-03-13, 18:28
Welcome to FEC!

I need to check site map to figure out where is stack 6 :)) let me see if I can help. Now im on my way to town for dinner appt, maybe tomorrow?

Hi Sis East Lover

We had replied a few quotes but none responded, do not know whether WVers read our message or not, therefore trying to reply to each individual, hope u guys do not mind...

Thanks

Kengar
18-03-13, 22:00
Hi, I guess you are danangie78 from MyHomeTown.sg forum?

Welcome here!

Sorry I was busy with work and currently overseas and didn't manage to reply you. May need to dig out the old photos to find the one u requested. :D

Hi Bro Kengar

My ID long forgotten.
Hope to meeting u guys soon.....
Do not know whether all WVers can read this...

angiedan78
18-03-13, 22:19
Hi, I guess you are danangie78 from MyHomeTown.sg forum?

Welcome here!

Sorry I was busy with work and currently overseas and didn't manage to reply you. May need to dig out the old photos to find the one u requested. :D

Dear bro,
That's true, not to worry, u go ahead busy with ur work, Juz want to know whether did anyone read my message cos I sent to East Lover & another but no reply.
At least I've someone to liaise with
See u soon

Thks

Eastguy
18-03-13, 22:24
Hi Sis East Lover

Thanks

Hi.... Mine is block 75, stack 5....:-)

angiedan78
18-03-13, 22:25
Welcome to FEC!

I need to check site map to figure out where is stack 6 :)) let me see if I can help. Now im on my way to town for dinner appt, maybe tomorrow?

Hi East Lover
Thks for replying, stack 6 is facing the big 8 & in front of the function room - the Boat.
I saw the windows r up but not the balcony glass panel.
At last I'm connected to u guys & we will be neighbours real soon.
Thks a lot.

East Lover
19-03-13, 07:41
Stack 6 is inside, no way can take photo from Tropica ...:o

Br Kengar, maybe u can take from car park side?

Hi East Lover
Thks for replying, stack 6 is facing the big 8 & in front of the function room - the Boat.
I saw the windows r up but not the balcony glass panel.
At last I'm connected to u guys & we will be neighbours real soon.
Thks a lot.
http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img-waterview-siteplan-1024x537.jpg

Shadus
19-03-13, 07:50
Good morning EastLover, you're an early riser too! :)

angiedan78
19-03-13, 08:24
Stack 6 is inside, no way can take photo from Tropica ...:o

Br Kengar, maybe u can take from car park side?

http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img-waterview-siteplan-1024x537.jpg

Hi sis EL

Thanks for replying, u r right, stack 6 is one of the earliest stack that we bought. I believe i was one of the fellows that went in the first day during thunder & heavy raining while booking this unit. I was there during first preview day & was astonished to find out that way before they opened for sale, stack 26 was almost fully sold. It was all taken up by SL associates & OT Directors. We claimed unfairness for these early birds & complained to SL, then they got no choice but to release stack 6 for us. FYI, stack 6 & 26 are 2 bedder units as we belong to a small family that love to stay in the East.
Hopefully, someone could take a snaphot from the TOP & zoom in for us.
We've also written officially to SL in regards to the DRY WALLS that we're unhappy about. We heard about bad experiences about these WALLS from our friends who r staying in these PCs too. In the long run, we dun trust these walls somehow.
Hope to hear from u guys along the way........

Cheers! :)

angiedan78
19-03-13, 08:27
Hi.... Mine is block 75, stack 5....:-)

Hi Eastguy,

It's either u r behind me or vice versa.
Nice knowing that we r in the same Block but i think our unit is smaller than yours. Ours is a 2 bedder one....

I suspect Blk 75 maybe one of the last to collect keys........

Hope to hearing more from u soon......

:)

East Lover
19-03-13, 09:06
what DRY WALL are you talking about? can elaborate a bit here to share with our dear FEC?

Hi sis EL

Thanks for replying, u r right, stack 6 is one of the earliest stack that we bought. I believe i was one of the fellows that went in the first day during thunder & heavy raining while booking this unit. I was there during first preview day & was astonished to find out that way before they opened for sale, stack 26 was almost fully sold. It was all taken up by SL associates & OT Directors. We claimed unfairness for these early birds & complained to SL, then they got no choice but to release stack 6 for us. FYI, stack 6 & 26 are 2 bedder units as we belong to a small family that love to stay in the East.
Hopefully, someone could take a snaphot from the TOP & zoom in for us.
We've also written officially to SL in regards to the DRY WALLS that we're unhappy about. We heard about bad experiences about these WALLS from our friends who r staying in these PCs too. In the long run, we dun trust these walls somehow.
Hope to hear from u guys along the way........

Cheers! :)

East Lover
19-03-13, 09:07
Good morning EastLover, you're an early riser too! :)
早起早睡身体好! :cheers4:

jbtay
19-03-13, 09:32
what DRY WALL are you talking about? can elaborate a bit here to share with our dear FEC?

Hi EL

Discussed in earlier posts w BCD flyer attached. Most PCs if not all would have some walls made of these nowadays, easier to install wirings and services and to reconfigure partitions. Should have these in Double Bay too. Any issues with noise transmission? :sleep:

East Lover
19-03-13, 10:33
wow mr tay, you are expert! thanks!

I never have complaint from tenant in DBR for this... so i hope the quality of such thin walls are fine.

I confirm all the inner wall in WV are this type, as i saw a lot of pink pink things :D

Hi EL

Discussed in earlier posts w BCD flyer attached. Most PCs if not all would have some walls made of these nowadays, easier to install wirings and services and to reconfigure partitions. Should have these in Double Bay too. Any issues with noise transmission? :sleep:

angiedan78
19-03-13, 11:00
Hi EL

Hi jbtay

we also got this flyer from SL 2 weeks ago when we queried but after reading it, we noticed that it's a generic one. They did not mention about the noise transmission/tolerance level that were built in WV. They simply sent to us indicating that it is BCA certified with a few other reputable PCs installed. They fell short that there were already complaints from one of those PCs mentioned that these pieces may turn mouldy + noise penetrating thru....
I hope our toilets are not built with DRY WALLS???
This technology is new in Spore, shd be less than 10 years old but if you browse thru the web, you may know more of their disadvantages in the long run, noting that most of us purchase WV are meant for home staying rather than investments.
We're still waiting for SL official reply from Stephanie about the noise level transmission + the DRY WALLS warranty beyond 10 years.....& so on..
Hope this helps.

angiedan78
19-03-13, 11:15
wow mr tay, you are expert! thanks!

I never have complaint from tenant in DBR for this... so i hope the quality of such thin walls are fine.

I confirm all the inner wall in WV are this type, as i saw a lot of pink pink things :D

Hi East Lover

The pink pink thing should be called the rockwool, supposedly to be meant for noise transmission, tolerance level is a big question mark?
After the pink pink installed + chipsen board, here comes the plastering, then the wall will be built up....
With all the marketing promos...these WALLS are easily constructed & evenly plastered. Easy to tear down if you dislike it...
Question is how long do these WALLS last???? It'll be our issues in the later years.....to come.
Hope this clarifies...

East Lover
19-03-13, 11:26
Hi Angie,

Thanks for the alerting. Do share with us when you have reply from SL.

Hi East Lover

The pink pink thing should be called the rockwool, supposedly to be meant for noise transmission, tolerance level is a big question mark?
After the pink pink installed + chipsen board, here comes the plastering, then the wall will be built up....
With all the marketing promos...these WALLS are easily constructed & evenly plastered. Easy to tear down if you dislike it...
Question is how long do these WALLS last???? It'll be our issues in the later years.....to come.
Hope this clarifies...

star
19-03-13, 12:46
Besides sim lian any other developers using dry wall?

desquire
19-03-13, 13:08
I wonder how a wall deteriorate. Will it collapse? Turn mouldy? :scared-3:

waterviewer88
19-03-13, 13:47
I wonder how a wall deteriorate. Will it collapse? Turn mouldy? :scared-3:

Explode on expiry date? :D :D :D

aimtowin
19-03-13, 14:55
Hi Angie,

Thanks for the alerting. Do share with us when you have reply from SL.

Noise is determine by the STA grade of the wall:

STC 25 Normal speech can be heard easily
STC 30 Loud speech can be heard
STC 35 Loud speech can be heard, but not understood
STC 42 Loud speech can be heard only as a murmur
STC 45 Must strain to hear loud speech
STC 48 Only some loud speech can be heard
STC 53 Loud speech cannot be heard

desquire
19-03-13, 16:24
Explode on expiry date? :D :D :D
Haha. That's what I wondering about. If explode quite scary. Hehehe. :D

jbtay
19-03-13, 16:59
Things are not built to last nowadays. If that were the case, how to sustain future biz. If can last 10 yrs, good enough. 10 yrs time, maybe needs change, children grow up, etc ... can reconfigure rooms, etc. As the term implies, these are 'DRY" walls. If used for wet areas, these have to be specially designed and would not be cheaper than normal brick walls. So cheaper to use brick walls for wet areas. I also mentioned earlier that the standard S&P agreement is too general and we really have to rely on the integrity of developer and professionalism of the architect to design, build housing that is of a "reasonable" standard and fit for purpose. Standard should be no different from any mass market condo. :rolleyes:

eng81157
19-03-13, 17:05
my advice is better goreng the developer.

how will singapore's humidity affect these so-called 'dry walls'? since the development is located near a water body, how will this affect the walls?

please check all corners. or else, the walls start breaking down in your 3rd year of residence = :scared-1: :scared-1:

angiedan78
19-03-13, 18:16
Noise is determine by the STA grade of the wall:

STC 25 Normal speech can be heard easily
STC 30 Loud speech can be heard
STC 35 Loud speech can be heard, but not understood
STC 42 Loud speech can be heard only as a murmur
STC 45 Must strain to hear loud speech
STC 48 Only some loud speech can be heard
STC 53 Loud speech cannot be heard

Hi Aimtowin

This is precisely wat we r driving at, its too generic out there when SL replied us, it's 3 weeks from now, have yet to receive reply from them as of which level we r in?
Back to dry walls, we have no choice but to accept it as mentioned in our S&P, like wat bro jbtay said, things r not meant to last, but unfortunately, we have to bear with it, unhappy, sell lol.
We r trying to make noises here & there, so that they know what we know.
Juz relax & wait for our TOP! Cheers! :)

waterviewer88
19-03-13, 20:18
Hi Aimtowin

This is precisely wat we r driving at, its too generic out there when SL replied us, it's 3 weeks from now, have yet to receive reply from them as of which level we r in?
Back to dry walls, we have no choice but to accept it as mentioned in our S&P, like wat bro jbtay said, things r not meant to last, but unfortunately, we have to bear with it, unhappy, sell lol.
We r trying to make noises here & there, so that they know what we know.
Juz relax & wait for our TOP! Cheers! :)

Besides sound proofing, what kind of load can these walls take? Anyone got any idea? Planning to get a 55" LED TV leh. Will it drop off the wall midway thru' the Titanic? :scared-4:

angiedan78
19-03-13, 20:37
Besides sound proofing, what kind of load can these walls take? Anyone got any idea? Planning to get a 55" LED TV leh. Will it drop off the wall midway thru' the Titanic? :scared-4:

Dear Wv88

According to SL Stephanie, the dry walls is able to hold 25kg minimum at any one point. This is yet another point tat we raised to her to have it written in B&W but no official answer so far.
Hope tis helps. :)

NorthernStar
19-03-13, 20:42
Dear Wv88

According to SL Stephanie, the dry walls is able to hold 25kg minimum at any one point. This is yet another point tat we raised to her to have it written in B&W but no official answer so far.
I don't think at any point. Only the frame structure can hold the weight as mentioned. So, get ur id to check first before u can decide where to hang ur heavy stuffs.:2cents:

desquire
19-03-13, 21:22
Things are not built to last nowadays. If that were the case, how to sustain future biz. If can last 10 yrs, good enough. 10 yrs time, maybe needs change, children grow up, etc ... can reconfigure rooms, etc. As the term implies, these are 'DRY" walls. If used for wet areas, these have to be specially designed and would not be cheaper than normal brick walls. So cheaper to use brick walls for wet areas. I also mentioned earlier that the standard S&P agreement is too general and we really have to rely on the integrity of developer and professionalism of the architect to design, build housing that is of a "reasonable" standard and fit for purpose. Standard should be no different from any mass market condo. :rolleyes:
Bro this New World Order and Illuminati is something mysterious yet it can be seen taking the world by storm. it has led to the rise of Third World countries and order of people and the world in itself. Scary really but I feel it's happening.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)

waterviewer88
19-03-13, 21:29
Dear Wv88

Is that 25kg minimum or maximum? Thks.

angiedan78
19-03-13, 21:52

Bro

Able to withhold minimum loading of 25kg at each point, lol. 55" TV no issue la.
My office dry wall can hold that weight.
:doh:

jjtio
20-03-13, 08:33
Hi

thanks for the lovely pics EastGuy. :cheers4:

angiedan78
21-03-13, 19:16

Dear WVers

For your info, please.

rdgs

waterviewer88
21-03-13, 19:38
Dear WVers

For your info, please.

rdgs

Thks! Reassuring info :D i

desquire
21-03-13, 23:46
Dear WVers

For your info, please.

rdgs
Thanks so much for te effort. That's nice to hear an also to our tireless Eastguy for always updating us on WV progress images.

Btw even if they use STC30 who knows? Would we? Just pondering. Haha. :confused:

Eastguy
22-03-13, 07:07
Thanks so much for te effort. That's nice to hear an also to our tireless Eastguy for always updating us on WV progress images.

Btw even if they use STC30 who knows? Would we? Just pondering. Haha. :confused:

Anytime bro..... Next update, would probably be this weekend.

Cheers

angiedan78
22-03-13, 09:07

Dear Bro Desquire

That's true but i rather to have this piece in hand officially so that if things really go bad, we'll know what to do with SL.
In normal circumstances, we believe that it will never reach its mark when tested with the authorities, there's always a + something - something readings, haha :banghead:
Please see attached for layout D1 which is marked for Dry Walls, we believe all bedrooms in other layouts fall in this category.

rdgs

angiedan78
22-03-13, 09:11
Anytime bro..... Next update, would probably be this weekend.

Cheers

Hi Eastguy

If possible, r u able to snap something for Blk 75, stack 6, it's a bit inner & we couldn't get a better view from outside or Tropica....
It's facing the big 8 & our function room (Boat).

Thanks alot! :) :D

East Lover
22-03-13, 09:43
All the aircon units are installed, even the slowest blockes almost completed the painting...
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4086_zpsc7789eb2.jpg

East Lover
22-03-13, 09:45
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4087_zps8569f081.jpg

East Lover
22-03-13, 09:47
It looks amazing from Tropica to view the ground floor, let's wait for east guy to update for this :D
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4088_zpsaaf6019f.jpg

desquire
22-03-13, 10:52
Dear Bro Desquire

That's true but i rather to have this piece in hand officially so that if things really go bad, we'll know what to do with SL.
In normal circumstances, we believe that it will never reach its mark when tested with the authorities, there's always a + something - something readings, haha :banghead:
Please see attached for layout D1 which is marked for Dry Walls, we believe all bedrooms in other layouts fall in this category.

rdgs

Exactly, we share the same sentiments. Lets hope things will be good. My brother bought Prive after me and now it's all ready for stay come June/July!! So exciting!!:D

desquire
22-03-13, 10:56
Thanks sis!! The tortoise has skipped instead of crawl. A little bit faster maybe. The shells still undyed for some. Wonder how long will the pool and clubhouse take to complete.

There must be lotsa work going on in-side those which have been painted on the exterior and with windows and balcony almost completed. Amazing rate now that the weather is so hot!!:p

angiedan78
22-03-13, 15:04
Thanks sis!! The tortoise has skipped instead of crawl. A little bit faster maybe. The shells still undyed for some. Wonder how long will the pool and clubhouse take to complete.

There must be lotsa work going on in-side those which have been painted on the exterior and with windows and balcony almost completed. Amazing rate now that the weather is so hot!!:p

Hi sis EL

Thanks for the shots, at least can see the boat shape coming up, hope that it'll not be higher than our unit which is at 5th level.
Our unit probably is looking at the big 8, therefore is hidden from your angle. Well, it's better than nothing.
Thanks once again.

:cheers1: :)

Komo
22-03-13, 19:17
been to hdb hub showflat recently and there was a dry wall partition on display:D

forestfire
23-03-13, 09:28
http://s701.photobucket.com/user/MLZT/media/img-clubhouse.jpg.htmlhttp://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/DSC01711.jpg

East Lover
23-03-13, 10:00
Interesting to cross check with actual progress :p

http://s701.photobucket.com/user/MLZT/media/img-clubhouse.jpg.htmlhttp://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/DSC01711.jpg

Progress @ mid march 13

East Lover
23-03-13, 10:01
Good morning FEC!

It seems diff stack has diff progress.

Since we cant see the interior porgress, maybe we can presume that:
1. Aircon installed == pipel, wires done?
2. Balcony installed == flooring done?
3. Exterior painting is prerequisite to Aircon units?

:47::47: :47:

Kengar
23-03-13, 16:37
Just received another lawyer letter, collected another 5% for completed "Door, window, frames, electrical wiring, internal plastering and plumbing". Only left with Carpark, Roads and Drain and TOP to go.

The same was reached for stack 14, 15 and 16.

Justin3
23-03-13, 17:03
Just received another lawyer letter, collected another 5% for completed "Door, window, frames, electrical wiring, internal plastering and plumbing". Only left with Carpark, Roads and Drain and TOP to go.

Wah, there is so much difference, I only got first 5% letter, you are advance us two milestone. Any way congrat to you.

Shadus
23-03-13, 17:17
Sorry fellow WVers, my one is the block holding up everyone's progress. I've only paid my 40th% in all. Have not even smell the 5% letter.... :D

Eastguy
23-03-13, 19:55
Sorry fellow WVers, my one is the block holding up everyone's progress. I've only paid my 40th% in all. Have not even smell the 5% letter.... :D

Same here bro... Just paid 40% so far.
Mine is stack 5.

East Lover
23-03-13, 20:27

Bro congrats! Really fast! Later I go check my letter box.:D

Btw is ur unit balcony installed? Mine haven't, last week I saw them doing my unit at night time, maybe polishing the marble floor :))

Nowadays many workers are doing OT in WV! Really good signs :cheers4:

Kengar
24-03-13, 09:14
That's the strange thing, i recall 2 weeks back the balcony is not up yet.

Maybe they really count only those items ("Door, window, frames, electrical wiring, internal plastering and plumbing") to charge the 5%. Haha :D

Bro congrats! Really fast! Later I go check my letter box.:D

Btw is ur unit balcony installed? Mine haven't, last week I saw them doing my unit at night time, maybe polishing the marble floor :))

Nowadays many workers are doing OT in WV! Really good signs :cheers4:

East Lover
24-03-13, 10:42
I just came back from reservoir, n confirmed both stacks have not installed any balcony, but ur stack has installed blue balcony doors.... Stack 12 balcony installed but no door there yet.

I think diff team doing the diff things, just try to optimize the resources.

By the way, the fens near side gate on the first floor are up. I can see the ground floor units, totally unblock view! Nice.

In Tropica I can small the glue! Some units are installing cabinets I guess :47:

That's the strange thing, i recall 2 weeks back the balcony is not up yet.

Maybe they really count only those items ("Door, window, frames, electrical wiring, internal plastering and plumbing") to charge the 5%. Haha :D

Eastguy
24-03-13, 17:18
Hi Eastguy

If possible, r u able to snap something for Blk 75, stack 6, it's a bit inner & we couldn't get a better view from outside or Tropica....
It's facing the big 8 & our function room (Boat).

Thanks alot! :) :D

Hi Bro

Will try and take more pictures next week for stack 6. This was taken from my Sis block at Tropica.

Eastguy
24-03-13, 17:24
Hi Brothers and Sisters

Attached are pictures taken randomly on 23 March from mobile phone. Next week, will get a better camera for better shots :ashamed1:.

Cheers

Shadus
24-03-13, 17:39
Your camera phone quite good eh.... Which model ah?

angiedan78
24-03-13, 20:43
Hi Bro

Will try and take more pictures next week for stack 6. This was taken from my Sis block at Tropica.

Hi bro Eastguy

Thks alot for the shots, much appreciated. :cheers4:
It will be quite a while to pay for the next 5%, noting that balcony glass not done yet.
Not much progress from our stack though,

Thanks

Kengar
24-03-13, 21:49
Hi Bro

Thanks for the photos bro.

It seems that the air con enjoys a generous amount of space. Haha

Kengar
24-03-13, 23:14
Drove near Mandarin Gardens in Marine Parade road today and can't help go notice that it is a classic evergreen condo that looks beautiful in its entire blue theme.

Wonder if SL is trying to do the same with WV here? :D

econsist
25-03-13, 08:16
Hi all,

Anyone got the floor plan yet? I'm a first time home owner and I'm not sure without the floor plan, can we still go ahead and look for an ID?

:beats-me-man:

JohnDoe4
25-03-13, 09:34
Yes. I saw it a week ago.

It is exactly what SL is trying to emulate. Problem is...Mandarin gardens is almost 70-80% white, rest very light blue. Furthermore, their windows are dark.

WV seems to be 70% blue which makes it very....like all the negative comments here.

Can somebody use their super camera to show some photos from MG?

Drove near Mandarin Gardens in Marine Parade road today and can't help go notice that it is a classic evergreen condo that looks beautiful in its entire blue theme.

Wonder if SL is trying to do the same with WV here? :D

East Lover
25-03-13, 10:00
Hi Eastguy,

Thanks for the update. I like the fens from BBQ Pits...

Hi Brothers and Sisters

Attached are pictures taken randomly on 23 March from mobile phone. Next week, will get a better camera for better shots :ashamed1:.

Cheers

Shadus
25-03-13, 12:18
Hi all,

Anyone got the floor plan yet? I'm a first time home owner and I'm not sure without the floor plan, can we still go ahead and look for an ID?

Which unit type are you?

econsist
25-03-13, 13:08
Which unit type are you?

It's a 2+S.

jjtio
25-03-13, 13:17
hmm.. i'm stack 5 but no receive letter yet. :P

waterviewer88
25-03-13, 13:38
Hi all,

You need to write to Sim Lian's Stephanie Toh [email protected] or Shirley Koh [email protected] for a copy of the scaled floor plan for your unit.

kEN9170
25-03-13, 13:53
Will be good if ground floor lake facing unit come glass panel balcony to enjoy the breathtaking view in the comfort of their living room/balcony. Wonder why SL provides concrete wall balcony instead. Owners may need to get high chair for their outdoor set.

I just came back from reservoir, n confirmed both stacks have not installed any balcony, but ur stack has installed blue balcony doors.... Stack 12 balcony installed but no door there yet.

I think diff team doing the diff things, just try to optimize the resources.

By the way, the fens near side gate on the first floor are up. I can see the ground floor units, totally unblock view! Nice.

In Tropica I can small the glue! Some units are installing cabinets I guess :47:

Shadus
25-03-13, 14:34
I thought they're all glass panel balcony? It looks like from pic isnt it

Kengar
25-03-13, 14:44
Hmm I thought Mandarin Gardens is almost 100% blue, except some bllue is darker. Maybe I saw wrongly as it was evening time. :D

Yes. I saw it a week ago.

It is exactly what SL is trying to emulate. Problem is...Mandarin gardens is almost 70-80% white, rest very light blue. Furthermore, their windows are dark.

WV seems to be 70% blue which makes it very....like all the negative comments here.

Can somebody use their super camera to show some photos from MG?

kEN9170
25-03-13, 15:13
I thought they're all glass panel balcony? It looks like from pic isnt it

Concrete wall for ground floor balcony.

Shadus
25-03-13, 15:25
Concrete wall for ground floor balcony.

Looks like it... that's so.... dated...

East Lover
25-03-13, 15:53
maybe to protect their privacy... don't want ppl from park anyhow see through...

i think they can still see the nice view by sitting the normal seat, as the concrete wall is not that high... i guess we can see their 'heads' from outside, so vise versa... ;)

Will be good if ground floor lake facing unit come glass panel balcony to enjoy the breathtaking view in the comfort of their living room/balcony. Wonder why SL provides concrete wall balcony instead. Owners may need to get high chair for their outdoor set.

East Lover
25-03-13, 15:56
i saw they are building up the platform in stack 12 ground floor unit. so kids can play and run happily and safely on first floor ground... my concern is - will there be any fens on the edge? it's 4.5M above ground floor.

anyone has the picture of showflat model?

East Lover
25-03-13, 15:59
ok, i over worried. checked my local photos, there will be some landscape in the corner... not bad.

i saw they are building up the platform in stack 12 ground floor unit. so kids can play and run happily and safely on first floor ground... my concern is - will there be any fens on the edge? it's 4.5M above ground floor.

anyone has the picture of showflat model?

star
26-03-13, 16:44
Waterview month of March:

2013-03-14 #XX-XX SUB SALE 926 1,059 980,000 HDB
2013-03-04 #XX-XX SUB SALE 786 1,130 888,000 HDB

star
26-03-13, 17:27
Wonder which stack is 786sqft?
No more below $1000psf. Even facing road or no view can sell above $1000psf.
Cheong ahhhh.

acidic.straw
26-03-13, 20:25
Wonder which stack is 786sqft?
No more below $1000psf. Even facing road or no view can sell above $1000psf.
Cheong ahhhh.

Pool facing
2013-03-04 #08-34 SUB SALE 786 1,130 888,000

acidic.straw
26-03-13, 20:34
Interesting stats:

BUYER PROFILE
SINGAPOREANS 82.9%
PR 12.0%
FOREIGNER 4.6%
COMPANY 0.4%

BUYER PROFILE BY PURCHASER ADDRESS#
HDB 59.2%
PRIVATE 40.8%

acidic.straw
26-03-13, 20:59
Unit with most number of transactions. Last transaction at a loss.

24-Jan-13 89 TAMPINES AVENUE 1 #06-34 SUB SALE 786 1,044 820,000 HDB
27-Dec-10 89 TAMPINES AVENUE 1 #06-34 SUB SALE 786 1,105 868,000 PRIVATE
7-Dec-10 89 TAMPINES AVENUE 1 #06-34 NEW SALE 786 865 680,000 HDB

joycewangwen
26-03-13, 21:06

There must be some story behind this unit...

desquire
26-03-13, 21:17

Amazing. I'm surprised myself. 3 owners within the fr years even before TOP. Hmmm...:scared-3:

atchuta
26-03-13, 22:55
Amazing. I'm surprised myself. 3 owners within the fr years even before TOP. Hmmm...:scared-3:

What is the source of this transactions?

jjtio
27-03-13, 08:53

maybe agent bought then resale

the 2nd owner sold it shortly after

Justin3
27-03-13, 09:00
What is the source of this transactions?

I can't believe it:
the 2nd transaction is just 20 days after 1st transaction.
it is mean that the unit price is hike up so much in 20 days?

econsist
27-03-13, 09:55
You need to write to Sim Lian's Stephanie Toh [email protected] or Shirley Koh [email protected] for a copy of the scaled floor plan for your unit.

Thanks, I will drop an email to them.

atchuta
27-03-13, 10:24
I can't believe it:
the 2nd transaction is just 20 days after 1st transaction.
it is mean that the unit price is hike up so much in 20 days?

I bought #06-34 SUB SALE in Jan, in S&P i see purchase price as 680,000. how can i check whether i am second buyer or 3rd buyer :doh:

East Lover
27-03-13, 10:58
I bought #06-34 SUB SALE in Jan, in S&P i see purchase price as 680,000. how can i check whether i am second buyer or 3rd buyer :doh:
how much did you buy? 820 or 868?

angiedan78
27-03-13, 17:55

Not to worry, confirmed 1st owner from the price u mentioned cos i was there on the first day of pre-launch asking for different units....
:cheers1:

forestfire
27-03-13, 18:24
For those swimmers who swim 50m laps.

I sent to the Architect a suggestion when design mosaic to the big 50m pool, have cement joints and those small white platic filters (on the floor)
run from one end to the other (to provide lines/lanes for a good 50m swim).

I've stayed in condos with swimming pools without lines and swimmers
often knocked onto one another.

It's like expressways/highways without road lines to keep us in the lanes,
we often drive off tangent & couldn't keep the car straight. To have a good and safe drive, the govt draw lanes.

So I suggested to the Architect to have cement joints & small plastics filters
fixed as guides.
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/IMG_2473A.jpg

JohnDoe4
27-03-13, 18:31
Excellent suggestion!

Thanks.

I sent to the Architect a suggestion when design mosaic to the big 50m pool, have cement joints and those small white platic filters (on the floor)

we often drive off tangent & couldn't keep the car straight. To have a good and safe drive, the govt draw lanes.

fixed as guides.

joycewangwen
27-03-13, 19:34

fixed as guides.
One small add-on to your good idea: put underwater light alone your line.

Expressways also have light turned on in the evening, right?;) ;)

Justin3
28-03-13, 10:59

fixed as guides.

Dear Sir,

I can't understand the 5 lines which were put on the swiming pool.

are they steel bars? it looks like steel chains.

Can some explain what it is?

Thanks

JUSTIN3

:doh:

Shadus
28-03-13, 11:16
Its drawn in by the author. Its a proposal la

forestfire
28-03-13, 12:29
Justin3 - the lines drawn in are suggested positions to architect to position
cement joints (I proposed the two outer most lines), and small plastic fliters
in the centre line. The other two lines - let the Architect think of something creative.

joycewangwen - the Expressways have street lights by the roadside (sedlom along the lanes), so the swimming pool should have lights by the side of the pool (seldom along the lanes).

Justin3
28-03-13, 13:06
Justin3 - the lines drawn in are suggested positions to architect to position
cement joints (I proposed the two outer most lines), and small plastic fliters
in the centre line. The other two lines - let the Architect think of something creative.

joycewangwen - the Expressways have street lights by the roadside (sedlom along the lanes), so the swimming pool should have lights by the side of the pool (seldom along the lanes).

Forestfire,

Thank you.

Have they accepted it? any time if they accepted, please keep us informed.

:cheers6:

Komo
28-03-13, 13:50
any line is no use. the road is a good example. many don't bother to keep to lanes :doh:

Shadus
28-03-13, 15:00
I think it does encourage people to swim in a particular direction. If not, in a circular pool, you'll find ppl swiming up/down/left/right, all over etc.

forestfire
28-03-13, 17:18
I swim everyday, usually "off-peak" at 7am in the morning without many people standing around at the end/edge of the pool (unless it rain in the morning). Even then, I still need a straight line to guide me swim straight down the 50m length (cos I swim freestyle, eyes always looking down on the floor of the pool).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you think the free shuttle bus service should go to (a) Tampines MRT station, or (b) Bedok MRT station, or (c) go to Pasir Ris via Giant Supermart?

streamium70
28-03-13, 18:37
i swim free style as well and i can understand what you mean by the line. if not, i tend to sway a bit here and there...

BigBoy
28-03-13, 20:37
Is the bluish tint real or a photo effect? Looks like repainted HDB blocks.

fixed as guides.

Shadus
28-03-13, 21:07
Hmm.... everyone seems to zoom in on the blu-ish color. Yes, its real, but no, personally, i feel is not as blue as the photo makes out to be. Remembering that lens tend to give a blue-tint to everything due to natural skylight. But go take a look yourself, its really faint blue at the actual site.

kEN9170
29-03-13, 12:50
Saw The Arc EC has been painted. Design and colour theme look more like a PC.

jc_star
29-03-13, 22:49
....was away for 3 mths, will be back in April to look at the blue....hope this colour choice will not tarnish the condo look.

Nowadays, even EC can look more PC than a PC, I hope the Architect of this project will do better.....not just comforting us with words that they will blend the condo with the surroundings and what serenity and calmness....I just know, I have yet felt anything close to that promise, only :simmering: and stress when looking at such blue on my condo :simmering:

minami-san
31-03-13, 20:02
I am looking for a clothes hanging pulley system (electric control) for our Wv and mum's place. Any recommendation? I recall JBtay recommended songcho. I've asked songcho but theirs is manual pulley system.

Good house
31-03-13, 20:45
....was away for 3 mths, will be back in April to look at the blue....hope this colour choice will not tarnish the condo look.

Nowadays, even EC can look more PC than a PC, I hope the Architect of this project will do better.....not just comforting us with words that they will blend the condo with the surroundings and what serenity and calmness....I just know, I have yet felt anything close to that promise, only :simmering: and stress when looking at such blue on my condo :simmering:

Can understand your concern, especially if you imagine someone put a red cross up there:doh:

But things may look diff when completed lah.

Kengar
31-03-13, 21:11
Went to see an ID over the weekend who is specialized in classic/country theme to get a quote. I might be going for modern classic.

Also emailed Shirley and asked about Design Link's letter which they claimed the color is 60% white and 40% crystal blue. Basically i told her it doesn't look like the case at the moment.

Shadus
31-03-13, 23:35
Anyone knows who can help put up a mural on a wall?

hsiensational
01-04-13, 11:36
Also emailed Shirley and asked about Design Link's letter which they claimed the color is 60% white and 40% crystal blue. Basically i told her it doesn't look like the case at the moment.

Hi All, see my post #5637 (http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=376076&postcount=5637) which might explain why Sim Lian claims that it is 60% Blue, 40% White when it really looks like 80% Blue, 20% White. What gets me is this whole issue of misreprepsentation at the showflat, model of the development, sales brochure and video. And now it seems they are using technicalities and half-truths to mislead us buyers and forumers about their unilateral decision to change the colour of the development. Don't you think this is just too fishy? :mad:

hsiensational
01-04-13, 11:50

Hi All, see my post #5637 (http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=376076&postcount=5637) which might explain why Sim Lian claims that it is 60% Blue, 40% White when it really looks like 80% Blue, 20% White. What gets me is this whole issue of misreprepsentation at the showflat, model of the development, sales brochure and video. And now it seems they are using technicalities and half-truths to mislead us buyers and forumers about their unilateral decision to change the colour of the development. Don't you think this is just too fishy?

forestfire
02-04-13, 08:16
Hi Wvers,

Personally, I like the new colours scheme painted.

I don't think the Architect and Developer would do something to jeopardise or tarnish their own image, reliabilty, or professionalism. They must have very good reasons for the present colours scheme. Wait till the "blue films" from the windows, balconies, and sliding doors are removed - then we shall be able to see the finished beauty of the condo.

It won't be long before TOP - it shall be peeled off soon for cleaning. By then, if it still looks aweful - get a collective signature of WVers & get SL to repaint it all white. It won't be too late.

Enjoy life by living it happy, stresses & unhappiness really sapped up life out of us. (This is my opinion, if you differ - sorry)

Shadus
02-04-13, 08:57
I've no disagreement with color scheme as well. Most important is estate is kept clean later on. Am very much looking forward to TOP!

desquire
02-04-13, 09:27
Hi Wvers,

Personally, I like the new colours scheme painted.

I don't think the Architect and Developer would do something to jeopardise or tarnish their own image, reliabilty, or professionalism. They must have very good reasons for the present colours scheme. Wait till the "blue films" from the windows, balconies, and sliding doors are removed - then we shall be able to see the finished beauty of the condo.

It won't be long before TOP - it shall be peeled off soon for cleaning. By then, if it still looks aweful - get a collective signature of WVers & get SL to repaint it all white. It won't be too late.

Enjoy life by living it happy, stresses & unhappiness really sapped up life out of us. (This is my opinion, if you differ - sorry)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J0D2wBnwSF8/T6gOkS5OFkI/AAAAAAAAC-w/aNfYmNK2Vo4/s1600/i_like_this_sticker.jpg

chestnut
02-04-13, 18:08
Was at Waterview last weekend.... Swee leh.... Some more prices up liao :D

East Lover
02-04-13, 20:44
Big bro, welcome back!

Enjoy reading your post in the bond thread, very good sharing indeed. Thank you!! :)

Yes waterview progressed pretty good, your block seems the first block completed. My stack still pending painting n installing balcony.. Really hope we can collect key on early Q4 :p

See u in WV party, this X'mas!! :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

desquire
02-04-13, 20:57
Big bro, welcome back!

Enjoy reading your post in the bond thread, very good sharing indeed. Thank you!! :)

Yes waterview progressed pretty good, your block seems the first block completed. My stack still pending painting n installing balcony.. Really hope we can collect key on early Q4 :p

See u in WV party, this X'mas!! :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:
The workers in my block really sleeping. The slowest stack of all. All painted except for mine. The wing blocks all ready to go and painted. My block as grey as the cement. Maybe not enough paint for my stack!! :sleep: Zzzzz zZzZzzzZz....:sleep:

Eastguy
02-04-13, 21:07
Hi

Who is organizing the Christmas party at the club house? Lets all chip in n party :-))

minami-san
02-04-13, 22:38
Hi

Who is organizing the Christmas party at the club house? Lets all chip in n party :-))
Yes yes! if we (the slower blocks) can't move in by X'mas, we also want to PARTY.........:cheers4:

Sonicloh
02-04-13, 22:55
Yes yes! if we (the slower blocks) can't move in by X'mas, we also want to PARTY.........:cheers4:
Count me in

atta
02-04-13, 23:06
Count me in

N me!! :cheers5:

desquire
02-04-13, 23:40
Those front runner rabbits hv to organise for us all. Kengar and Eastlover. Yohoo!! Btw I wonder how many pits are there in all for the 696 households. Haha!!! It will be endless bookings! :sleep:

leesg123
02-04-13, 23:56
The near by Arc at Tampines, sadly, look more condo than waterview. even though it is an ec. nothin personal. simlian should learn from them, instead of building plain blocks of buildings.

Stan11
03-04-13, 10:21
Any idea if the units are installed with OpenNet fibre optics cable?

econsist
04-04-13, 08:44
Any idea if the units are installed with OpenNet fibre optics cable?

My guess is yes since all new household I know have the OpenNet Termination Point installed.

The question is where will the TP be installed? I hope not in an electrical box. I've seen some new HDB with the TP installed inside an electrical box right beside the front door and needs to drill a hole on the electrical box to allow the fibre cable to connect to the ONT. :doh:

Shadus
04-04-13, 08:45
My sis condo double-bay, is in the electric box. It does make sense for it to be there so that it is concealed. You don't have to drill hole, just run it like all the other wires going into the electric box

econsist
04-04-13, 09:00
My sis condo double-bay, is in the electric box. It does make sense for it to be there so that it is concealed. You don't have to drill hole, just run it like all the other wires going into the electric box

Do you have a photo to illustrate? TIA.

NorthernStar
04-04-13, 09:16
My guess is yes since all new household I know have the OpenNet Termination Point installed.

The question is where will the TP be installed? I hope not in an electrical box. I've seen some new HDB with the TP installed inside an electrical box right beside the front door and needs to drill a hole on the electrical box to allow the fibre cable to connect to the ONT. :doh:
Some condos provide the T1 lines connection to all the rooms (including living room) from DB Box..

Stan11
04-04-13, 09:57
Sent a couple of emails to Stephanie but no response from her.

Stan11
04-04-13, 10:21
Btw, any new photo update on the construction progress? :D

Kengar
04-04-13, 23:11
Shirley replied today and said "building is currently painted as per decided by Architect." :scared-5: (i.e. 60% white and 40% crystal blue)

Anyway I replied her and recommended that Sim Lian management should go down and have a look to validate the Architect's work. Haha

Went to see an ID over the weekend who is specialized in classic/country theme to get a quote. I might be going for modern classic.

hsiensational
04-04-13, 23:30
Shirley replied today and said "building is currently painted as per decided by Architect." :scared-5: (i.e. 60% white and 40% crystal blue)

Anyway I replied her and recommended that Sim Lian management should go down and have a look to validate the Architect's work. Haha

If I'm not wrong, the letter by the architect stated 60% Blue & 40% White, not the other way round... :scared-2:

Kengar
05-04-13, 00:35
Nope it is confirmed 60% white and 40% crystal blue :D

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-M_pIyWG8RvQ/UV2rnFAi66I/AAAAAAAAAkE/ga9aITWZPNg/s640/Fullscreen%2520capture%2520452013%2520123401%2520AM.jpg

If I'm not wrong, the letter by the architect stated 60% Blue & 40% White, not the other way round... :scared-2:

jc_star
05-04-13, 11:21

Swee by what standard? HDB or EC?

To be in the league of a PC, the Architect got to do more. At the present moment, that scary blue is definitely not just 40%.

chestnut
05-04-13, 12:02
Swee by what standard? HDB or EC?

To be in the league of a PC, the Architect got to do more. At the present moment, that scary blue is definitely not just 40%.
Swee by my standard....

Some people say interlace ugly, I find swee... Some say reflection ugly, i say swee....

Some say gardens at bishan swee, I say ugly.... But I still bot and sold it and made money... Hahahahahaha

You have a right to say ugly what... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... If everyone say ugly, can you please explain why still got sub sale???

Some people like old conservation projects old HDB projects while others like new HDB projects.... Some say pinnacle too massive, I find swee....

Some like thin girls, some like plum girls, some like smart girls, some like blondes....

So Mercedez E250 swee boh, BMW 525 swee boh????

So finally, I say again, Waterview swee... Not that it matters to me.... I just buy to rent it out, so honestly, my opinion has no bearing.... So long as my future tenants like it, I OK already... I just giving my own opinion.... Feelings are subjective....

Cheers :cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

Oh, by the way, many people say Clover by the Park ugly, I say swee.... you can see on TV, many shots taken at Bishan by the Park and some with Clover as the backdrop.... I have no problems with people saying clover buay swee.... to me rental and capital gains good, i happy liao... hahahahahaha

jc_star
05-04-13, 13:31
[QUOTE=chestnut]Swee by my standard....

Some people say interlace ugly, I find swee... Some say reflection ugly, i say swee....

Some say gardens at bishan swee, I say ugly.... But I still bot and sold it and made money... Hahahahahaha

You have a right to say ugly what... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... If everyone say ugly, can you please explain why still got sub sale???

My point is if u gonna compare apple with apple, i.e. compring PC's swee-ness by PC's standard. I ......说不了口 WV is swee.

Sub- sale properties phenomenon is another story and behavior of Singaporeans' buying behaviour.

Making money is another. Liking different kind of gals is another. Liking BMW or merc is another.

But if ur point is just making money. Yes, of coz, not swee does not equate to not profitable but my unhappiness is ugliness not not making money.

And I respect ur taste, too but just :hell-hath-no-fury: that the Architect deviates with such an uncomfortable blue all over the condo.

A.way :cheers5: neighbor!

chestnut
05-04-13, 15:02
jc, dont be upset lah.... If you are upset, you need to solve the problem.... Question is, can you solve the problem??? It is in the S&P leh.... It is their discretion... So you cannot make a case of it. you want to sue them also cannot wat... So you either accept and leave with it or sell away...

Wait for the finished product lor.... Personally, sorry - i differ, I really feel WV has character leh.... If I do not like it, I will say it lah... Gardens at Bishan to me has no character leh... Clover has leh... When I was at Bedok Reservoir, I really was admiring it.... When I went for the walk, I could see many people standing there and looking at WV and appreciating it... But different people view things differently, so I respect your view lah....

When I bot my Lexus IS250C, some people like it, some say backside so funny.... But I like leh.... Of course the next one, I want to get a soft top.... Want to enjoy the rain pitter-patter on the roof.... Hahahahaha

Dont get upset lah..... do your interior swee swee lor....

:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

jc_star
05-04-13, 20:34
jc, dont be upset lah.... If you are upset, you need to solve the problem.... Question is, can you solve the problem??? It is in the S&P leh.... It is their discretion... So you cannot make a case of it. you want to sue them also cannot wat... So you either accept and leave with it or sell away...

Wait for the finished product lor.... Personally, sorry - i differ, I really feel WV has character leh.... If I do not like it, I will say it lah... Gardens at Bishan to me has no character leh... Clover has leh... When I was at Bedok Reservoir, I really was admiring it.... When I went for the walk, I could see many people standing there and looking at WV and appreciating it... But different people view things differently, so I respect your view lah....

When I bot my Lexus IS250C, some people like it, some say backside so funny.... But I like leh.... Of course the next one, I want to get a soft top.... Want to enjoy the rain pitter-patter on the roof.... Hahahahaha

Hahahaha....this colour got character? U must be that SL's Architect. Tolong, pls do better!

jbtay
05-04-13, 20:41

Brother Chestnut
Greetings from Taipei. I also find "all white" being too bland, and the colour scheme with the crystal blue does give the condo "character"... and I'm staying for good. Most likely will dispose off my Aquarius. And as I said before, we are buying a home and thus as long as the external facade is presentable, its the interior that matters most. And the exterior isnt the walls and the colours but the park and the nearby facilities. What matters to me are the things that we actually use. Looking forward to TOP. Cheers :spliff: :cheers6:

Komo
05-04-13, 21:39
as long as exterior not ugly is fine. got shape got front got back but plain and normal is already vey good. most important is interior which is your living space. gardens at bishan exterior is very good but interior lots of problem and serious ones :D

chestnut
05-04-13, 21:47
Brother Chestnut
Greetings from Taipei. I also find "all white" being too bland, and the colour scheme with the crystal blue does give the condo "character"... and I'm staying for good. Most likely will dispose off my Aquarius. And as I said before, we are buying a home and thus as long as the external facade is presentable, its the interior that matters most. And the exterior isnt the walls and the colours but the park and the nearby facilities. What matters to me are the things that we actually use. Looking forward to TOP. Cheers :spliff: :cheers6:

Bro, agree. This one swee leh... See u when top... Enjoy your holiday... :)

chestnut
05-04-13, 23:36
Hahahaha....this colour got character? U must be that SL's Architect. Tolong, pls do better!

Hahaha... For me it's ok... U better get used to getting frustrated every time u see waterview. When top, everyday, u gonna go to your new home and get frustrated by the sight of it... Some more cannot sell because got 4 yr SSD. I was just trying to get you to look on the bright side but seems like u rather be frustrated looking at your future new home :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Some more got no solution - :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

radha08
06-04-13, 01:16
Hahaha... For me it's ok... U better get used to getting frustrated every time u see waterview. When top, everyday, u gonna go to your new home and get frustrated by the sight of it... Some more cannot sell because got 4 yr SSD. I was just trying to get you to look on the bright side but seems like u rather be frustrated looking at your future new home :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Some more got no solution - :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

bro chestnut...when your pocket got plenty $$$$$ everything is $weeee:D:D:D....irrespective of whether is black...BLUE...:D:D:D...or yellow:D:D:D

chestnut
06-04-13, 05:55
bro chestnut...when your pocket got plenty $$$$$ everything is $weeee:D:D:D....irrespective of whether is black...BLUE...:D:D:D...or yellow:D:D:D

Hahahaha... U know what is my greatest fear - going home to an ugly wife. My second biggest fear is - going home to an ugly house. Hahahaha

I think my pocket noe enough moola. I found Gardens at Bishan quite ugly.... Time for me to work harder and increase all my rental to reach the stage u mentioned. Hahahaha

:cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6:

hsiensational
06-04-13, 09:02
Nope it is confirmed 60% white and 40% crystal blue :D

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-M_pIyWG8RvQ/UV2rnFAi66I/AAAAAAAAAkE/ga9aITWZPNg/s640/Fullscreen%2520capture%2520452013%2520123401%2520AM.jpg
Oh! I'm surprised! Becos it sure looks 80% Blue & 20% white right now to me! I really wonder if they got the % & colour right?!

Anyway, Chestnut's philosophical view of the situation is probably the best... Get upset also no use. I guess those of us whose tastes differ from the architect's (including me) have to just grin & bear it. We're just venting our frustration that they unilaterally deviated from what was presented. But, its probably best to chill...

atta
06-04-13, 10:49
Oh! I'm surprised! Becos it sure looks 80% Blue & 20% white right now to me! I really wonder if they got the % & colour right?!

Anyway, Chestnut's philosophical view of the situation is probably the best... Get upset also no use. I guess those of us whose tastes differ from the architect's (including me) have to just grin & bear it. We're just venting our frustration that they unilaterally deviated from what was presented. But, its probably best to chill...

Lol. That's wad all of us hv been telling u guys all the time. Frustrated also no use. Can't sue then sell lor... That's why vent out here oso no use really... Coz we all tried n found the answer already. Btw I dunno how exactly u guys define the 80/20 or 60/40.... Why can't it be 55/45? Or 37/63 haha!!! My point is.... There isn't even a measure. It's too subjective n instead of making self frustrated... Why dun be patient n wait to see the final product.
Lots of "white" r nt showing yet. The window panes will hv those black torn off ... The few blocks with grey hv yet to be painted ..... The grey areas sure have an adverse effect on the blue coz the contrast between the two is bad.

Last but not least, I read in today's paper abt the invisible grill. Bros n sis who has young children may be delighted. If I didn't read it wrongly, govt is def supporting it as its safety feature. ESP so after a kid has fallen n died.

When's BBQ!! Haha!

star
06-04-13, 10:59
The minton looks great but waterview... Just my opinion.

acidic.straw
06-04-13, 11:00
Lol. That's wad all of us hv been telling u guys all the time. Frustrated also no use. Can't sue then sell lor... That's why vent out here oso no use really... Coz we all tried n found the answer already. Btw I dunno how exactly u guys define the 80/20 or 60/40.... Why can't it be 55/45? Or 37/63 haha!!! My point is.... There isn't even a measure. It's too subjective n instead of making self frustrated... Why dun be patient n wait to see the final product.
Lots of "white" r nt showing yet. The window panes will hv those black torn off ... The few blocks with grey hv yet to be painted ..... The grey areas sure have an adverse effect on the blue coz the contrast between the two is bad.

Last but not least, I read in today's paper abt the invisible grill. Bros n sis who has young children may be delighted. If I didn't read it wrongly, govt is def supporting it as its safety feature. ESP so after a kid has fallen n died.

When's BBQ!! Haha!

support! support! I even get whacked for exposing a troll! :doh: Lucky he decided to sell! :banana:

Kengar
06-04-13, 12:01
Shirley has agreed to help feedback to Sim Lim Management about the colour mix which is currently not inline with Architect's letter.

From my experience, in any big or small organization, local or large MNCs, there are always opportunities for communication/controls breakdown.

I would imagine in our situation here, the project manager on the site may have told initially to paid 80% Crystal Blue and 20% white, but subsequently the Architect plans changed but not well communicated down and everyone assumed the current colour mix is correct and continued on.

The Architect staffs who visited the site may have also thought, "Oh i thought we had agreed it to be 60% white and rest blue, maybe our boss changed his mind again, oh well let's keep it this way since it is already painted and we couldn't be wrong."

The Mother of Errors is "I Assumed". There might be multiple layers of checks, but if everyone assumed someone else have checked, then there is really a risk here that the control mechanism is not working.

(e.g. Poh Lian case might be due to control failure due to costing reviews??)

Though I am not satisfied with the current crystal blue, I also concur with the Architect's view that white may be too bland. I am okay if they exercise their professional judgment to make the necessary changes, but there must be a consistency from their revised plans to the actual product.

I have done what I can do for now give Sim Lian a gentle reminder to help themselves and the Architect team to take a step back and look again if this colour mix is per plan.

Anyway there is also a simple alternative way we could escalate the issue for attention without going through media or via legal means. :D Let me/us keep that option as a backup plan for now.

Cheers to TOP in Q3 / Q4 2013.

shanij
06-04-13, 13:11
Hi, can I know if the lightings in the apartments are going to be LED?
If not are we allowed to change? and also I am now thinking of having my kitchen area open, as in no wall between living room and kitchen. Are we allowed to get our own contractor to get that done?

august
06-04-13, 13:40
If not are we allowed to change? and also I am now thinking of having my kitchen area open, as in no wall between living room and kitchen. Are we allowed to get our own contractor to get that done?

Since when they give you lights? LOL

desquire
06-04-13, 14:17

When's BBQ!! Haha!
Hahahha!!! I like. You're right about the percentage mentioned. Maybe after peeling off the window protective stickers, it will be 78.8% blue and 21.2% white. Hehehee. Maybe can apply the topic of finding the area of a rectangle that we have learnt in our primary schools to practise.

Anyone with a long measuring tape? Hahahha!!:p

acidic.straw
06-04-13, 16:28

Hi Shanij,

The developer does not provide lighting. They will only provide the light points and you have to get your own lighting and get a contractor to fix them up. Alternatively, you can get your own interior decorator to handle everything for you.

If you want to do any major works, you need to put up the plan and get clearance from the managing agent before proceeding. At TOP when you collect the keys, you will receive all information on the do's and don't's, house rules, renovation procedures, etc.

angiedan78
08-04-13, 13:43
Dear WV lovers

Does anyone has the latest pics of our condo?

rdgs

East Lover
08-04-13, 13:59
Dear WV lovers

Does anyone has the latest pics of our condo?

rdgs
this is how they change the blue windows to white grid...
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4210_zps03db27c2.jpg

East Lover
08-04-13, 14:02
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4213_zps7726cf68.jpg

East Lover
08-04-13, 14:03
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4209_zps0ef10644.jpg

Vs Showflat Model:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/wv-clubhouse2_zpse5de2727.jpg

East Lover
08-04-13, 14:04
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4088_zpsaaf6019f.jpg

East Lover
08-04-13, 14:07
Anyone knows what are the bricks here for???

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_4209_zps0ef10644.jpg

Kengar
08-04-13, 14:27
Hi Sis Eastlover.. can you upload the pictures again? i think they are not loading.. thanks!

East Lover
08-04-13, 15:36
Hi Sis Eastlover.. can you upload the pictures again? i think they are not loading.. thanks!
really? I can see perfectly from my PC and my iPhone...

Can you please try again? if not, i send the photos for you to upload.... let me know.

azeoprop
08-04-13, 15:44
Not too far off from the showflat model. The crystal blue color looks better when the sun is shining.

:D

Kengar
08-04-13, 15:49
really? I can see perfectly from my PC and my iPhone...

Can you please try again? if not, i send the photos for you to upload.... let me know.

Yeah it is working now , thanks !

acidic.straw
08-04-13, 18:18
Not too far off from the showflat model. The crystal blue color looks better when the sun is shining.

:D

yeah...like real crystals, the right lighting will bring out its true beauty :D :D :D

East Lover
08-04-13, 18:25
yeah...like real crystals, the right lighting will bring out its true beauty :D :D :D
It will make 3M film not so obvious if one wants to install to block afternoon sun :D

waterviewer88
08-04-13, 20:14
It will make 3M film not so obvious if one wants to install to block afternoon sun :D

Hi eastlover,

What's the best type of 3M film to use and roughly how much would be cost for a full length window like WV? Any recommendation? :)

angiedan78
08-04-13, 21:44
Anyone knows what are the bricks here for???

Thanks alot Sis East Lover for all the shots, looks like they r still crawling .........:doh:
Anyway, hoping for year end TOP!

shanij
10-04-13, 00:46
Hi Shanij,

The developer does not provide lighting. They will only provide the light points and you have to get your own lighting and get a contractor to fix them up. Alternatively, you can get your own interior decorator to handle everything for you.

If you want to do any major works, you need to put up the plan and get clearance from the managing agent before proceeding. At TOP when you collect the keys, you will receive all information on the do's and don't's, house rules, renovation procedures, etc.

Thank you for the reply :) I didn't even know that they didn't provide lightings. Thanks alot for the info!

jjtio
10-04-13, 08:00
Thanks Sis Eastlover for the fabulous pics. Looking fwd to TOP!!

And of course to meet our future neighbors in person. :)

azeoprop
10-04-13, 08:08
Hi eastlover,

What's the best type of 3M film to use and roughly how much would be cost for a full length window like WV? Any recommendation? :)

The prestige and ultra prestige series are quite good. :D

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/en_SG/SG_RE/Home/Products/Residential/WindowFilm/Prestige/

East Lover
10-04-13, 09:52
Sorry waterviewer88, i didn't notice your question... :o

Dear azeoprop, do you think we can have some bulk discount for group purchase?

Hi eastlover,

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/en_SG/SG_RE/Home/Products/Residential/WindowFilm/Prestige/

azeoprop
10-04-13, 10:04

I guess should be able to.....:D

jjtio
10-04-13, 10:36
I guess should be able to.....:D

i would be keen to join :D

kamparboy
10-04-13, 13:22
Please let me know too. i'm interested also in the group purchase. Thanks

JohnDoe4
10-04-13, 14:15

I guess for a fact that it is "3M", it's likely to be the best brand in the market? I'm sold by their product information. My unit is facing evening sun so I'll likely to install this. My only concern is, with the film, does it make the room "dark" and reduce vision. According to the link below, it doesn't seem to.

Click on link below to see pricing and info.

http://3mmarketplace.com.sg/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=405681794

waterviewer88
10-04-13, 14:46
I guess for a fact that it is "3M", it's likely to be the best brand in the market? I'm sold by their product information. My unit is facing evening sun so I'll likely to install this. My only concern is, with the film, does it make the room "dark" and reduce vision. According to the link below, it doesn't seem to.

Click on link below to see pricing and info.

http://3mmarketplace.com.sg/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=405681794

I reckon the trade-off is the more heat-repelling power the film has, the more light will be blocked out ie the room will be darker. But if you are facing west sun, it may be worth having a cool though slightly darker room, than a hot but brighter room. Best way to check is to see the actual thing and assess which model provides the best outcome for you.

I'm not sure abt the pricing from the website. Professional services are needed to install them unless you are very good at putting up stuff like these.No doubt come TOP, we will have plenty of contractors knocking on doors to offer their services.

JohnDoe4
10-04-13, 15:08
I reckon the trade-off is the more heat-repelling power the film has, the more light will be blocked out ie the room will be darker. But if you are facing west sun, it may be worth having a cool though slightly darker room, than a hot but brighter room. Best way to check is to see the actual thing and assess which model provides the best outcome for you.

I'm not sure abt the pricing from the website. Professional services are needed to install them unless you are very good at putting up stuff like these.No doubt come TOP, we will have plenty of contractors knocking on doors to offer their services.

Yes, agreed.

I've written to them to request for 'sample" film so that I can test the visibility first-hand.

I'll update you guys if they do send me :-)

guysg27
10-04-13, 15:47

How does the blue tinted glass installed in Waterview affects the film selection and will that cause rooms to be more darker?

waterviewer88
10-04-13, 17:59
Yes, agreed.

I've written to them to request for 'sample" film so that I can test the visibility first-hand.

I'll update you guys if they do send me :-)

Good idea! I should do that too. Thks :)

waterviewer88
10-04-13, 18:02
How does the blue tinted glass installed in Waterview affects the film selection and will that cause rooms to be more darker?

That's a good point. I'm not sure how bluish tinted the glass will be in WV but it certainly will be darker after the film is installed. The film is normally a neutral gray but I could be wrong. I think the best way to know is to get actual samples and test it against the actual glass when we get our keys.

waterviewer88
10-04-13, 18:04

Thks! 3M seems to be the most reputable so far but I'm sure there are others. Need to do more research.

waterviewer88
10-04-13, 18:06

No prob eastlover. BTW, do you know anyone in tropica who installed these films?...thks

East Lover
10-04-13, 19:23
No prob eastlover. BTW, do you know anyone in tropica who installed these films?...thks
I don't know any as our unit is south east facing. But one of my friends ever told me that her mil house was installed some brand but no so effective, end up they installed 3M, now much cooler. So that give me a good impression of 3M :D

Let's share the research here.. Hopefully we can have a good price since many of us are keen (and need) to install such film to block the afternoon sun :cheers4:

waterviewer88
10-04-13, 19:39
I don't know any as our unit is south east facing. But one of my friends ever told me that her mil house was installed some brand but no so effective, end up they installed 3M, now much cooler. So that give me a good impression of 3M :D

Let's share the research here.. Hopefully we can have a good price since many of us are keen (and need) to install such film to block the afternoon sun :cheers4:

i think the best way to do this is to engage a contractor to provide film + professional services to install. I think each unit will want to install their own model of film and the sizes will also be different. I believe the contractor will charge by the area of film used. We can check with several contractors and get the best quote.

atta
11-04-13, 10:33
I just spent $1k plus on 3M film on my car n regretted it so much. It say 99.9% infra dunno wad... Supposed to repel heat n uv rays. In the end, my car is still super hot. Felt like I'm sun tanning whenever I'm driving in the noon. Instead my previous films which r not branded provides me with a better shade n cooler ride.

Well, maybe it's just the sun these days that's really horrible. :scared-5:

yuanpin318
12-04-13, 17:14
My friend bought Bartley Residence. He was told by developer that his window is double layer glass.

How about waterview? I have a bit worry about the noise from Ave 10.

If not, can we find the contractor to change double layer glass?

Noexit
12-04-13, 17:46
My friend bought Bartley Residence. He was told by developer that his window is double layer glass.

Bartley residence I dun think is double layer glass coz dun need they not facing expressway :ashamed1:

waterviewer88
12-04-13, 20:27

I don't think it's double layer but you can check your S&P contract. Changing to double layer will be pretty expensive and you may need to change the entire window sill as the current one may not fit a thicker double-layer glass. :(

Noexit
12-04-13, 20:41
I don't think it's double layer but you can check your S&P contract. Changing to double layer will be pretty expensive and you may need to change the entire window sill as the current one may not fit a thicker double-layer glass. :(
True is exp so not much developer will do if only the project face expressway then i think the developer will consider use it

Echelon
13-04-13, 09:51
Hi, just a quick query, anyone know when is TOP? 2014 Q1?

waterviewer88
13-04-13, 10:11
Hi, just a quick query, anyone know when is TOP? 2014 Q1?

No one knows except the developer who is not telling but everyone here is hoping for Dec 2013 or earlier :D

desquire
13-04-13, 22:47
A sign of end times. The last of three worker quarters is being torn down. Wonder where they will be sleeping. Hehe

From the car park I can see rows of white gates surrounding the BBQ area closer to reservoir. Can't recall any white gates surrounding it in showflat or maybe it's me being absent minded as usual. Heheh.

It's getting closer. Close with each single tick of the second hand...

teck
14-04-13, 02:33
A sign of end times. The last of three worker quarters is being torn down. Wonder where they will be sleeping. Hehe

From the car park I can see rows of white gates surrounding the BBQ area closer to reservoir. Can't recall any white gates surrounding it in showflat or maybe it's me being absent minded as usual. Heheh.

It's getting closer. Close with each single tick of the second hand...

It's part of the "viewing gallery"..... Looking from outside, probably Q1-14 is a more likely target. But of course anything earlier would be great!

desquire
14-04-13, 09:18
It's part of the "viewing gallery"..... Looking from outside, probably Q1-14 is a more likely target. But of course anything earlier would be great!
I also share the same view as you. The tidying up of the place alone would probably take some time. The touching up and re-correction and this and that... I personally think it will be Q1 2014. We're already in Q2. Earliest mentioned was Q3. No way that deadline can be met. :p

kEN9170
14-04-13, 09:45
Need to consider the "re-working"(if any) after BCA inspection too.

Good house
14-04-13, 12:11
Drove past Waterview this morning, the colour looks quite pleasant after they tear off the blue plastic sheet protecting the window. Actually I think it look quite pleasing and cheerful:)

But i know some folks not quite like this colour becos some perceive this look like lo kun chu colour.

I think perception can change lah, modern society liao.:)

Just an outsider opinion

Shadus
14-04-13, 16:31

That is super good news, coz the heavy works are done!!! What's left are interiors, so mostly renovation workers that come in lorry loads from malaysia usually. Interior is pretty fast usually, but trying not to be too optimistic coz ours is a big development. Probably in 6mths they'll be ready for 1st inspection

Shadus
14-04-13, 16:32

No, definitely not double-glass coz I did ask. Usually, yes can change as long as the external appearance is not affected.

kamparboy
14-04-13, 21:12
Just receive lawyer letter for another 5%...pending carpark completion for another 5% before TOP 25%...

Eastguy
15-04-13, 11:06
Just receive lawyer letter for another 5%...pending carpark completion for another 5% before TOP 25%...

I have only paid 40% so far.... Something is very wrong.

desquire
15-04-13, 11:08

Same here nothing is wrong when the tortoise is crawling... the rest already hopping to the finish line...:p

East Lover
15-04-13, 11:44
Same here nothing is wrong when the tortoise is crawling... the rest already hopping to the finish line...:p
i don't know how SL manage their project, it seems some blocks are really fast - aircon installed, house painted, balcony settled, while some blockes just slower - bro desquire's block not even complete the painting, east guy's block no aircon installed also...

maybe you can write to SL to check what's going on, and why your blocks are slower than the rest? and check with them if the Q3 completion date on the notice board still valid?

Do share with us :D

Shadus
15-04-13, 11:44

No worries, they all have to be completed before TOP inspection

East Lover
15-04-13, 11:46
we don't want tortoise blocks drag the TOP date...

all of us eyeing to celebrate X'mas in WV this year :spliff:

jbtay
15-04-13, 13:10

No worries, just got demand to pay 5.1.2 (c) & (d), 5% each, for brickwalls and ceiling ... total paid so far 50%. I'm at Stack 46.
Looks like another 6 more months to go. With 1 mth for rectification works and followed by own ID works, looks like touch and go even to make it 14 CNY which calls early on 31 Jan 14... but definitely in time for Easter 14. Alleluia. :D

desquire
15-04-13, 13:13
i don't know how SL manage their project, it seems some blocks are really fast - aircon installed, house painted, balcony settled, while some blockes just slower - bro desquire's block not even complete the painting, east guy's block no aircon installed also...

maybe you can write to SL to check what's going on, and why your blocks are slower than the rest? and check with them if the Q3 completion date on the notice board still valid?

Maybe they have their own reasons... Oh yeah!! They have the Q3 2013 on their information boards... wonder if that has been changed...:sleep:

Maybe with the pool of workers and their experience in building blocks, they know what they're doing.:tongue3: If I question it feels rude also leh... paint we ask this ask that ask... later they complete in 2015 like what they wrote in black and white then we die together leh....:scared-3:

We have been disturbing SL, Shirley and Stephanie non-stop. :scared-2: Let them breathe a little lah... Let the professionals do their job in style... :p

Anyway personally, the painting has really turned itself from an ugly duckling to a nicely-feathered swan even before it becomes an adult...:D Many commented it glitters in the sun but I love it's darkness and mystery in the night/early morning... Each time I drove past the place arnd 3-4a.m., it looks serene and nice to me;) ... don't know why also...

Wait till the pond and greeneries are up.. I reckon it will look even better. I agree WV is HDB like unlike The Arc but I don't like their design. Looks like a building in the 1950's to me. :tsk-tsk:

Like many have said... to each his own and it all depends on the eye of the beholder. For those who wanna make $, it there for the takings already:eek: . For those who wanna stay, it's almost ready for occupancy...:p

desquire
15-04-13, 13:14
No worries, just got demand to pay 5.1.2 (c) & (d), 5% each, for brickwalls and ceiling ... total paid so far 50%. I'm at Stack 46.
Looks like another 6 more months to go. With 1 mth for rectification works and followed by own ID works, looks like touch and go even to make it 14 CNY which calls early on 31 Jan 14... but definitely in time for Easter 14. Alleluia. :D

Mine will be here shortly... in maybe a week or two's time...

I'm always lagging behind you by that much time... heheheheh....:p

Ay&dktk
15-04-13, 13:54

Not to worry, I think SL is doing it's best to manage the workers, I don't think they like to drag on the construction as it will cost thousands of $$$ for SL shld the project is delay. The faster it is, the more profit SL will make, workers are not cheap nowaday especially the gov had limited the workers number and many construction is facing manpower issues. I still pray for Q4'13. :D

jjtio
15-04-13, 13:59
Haven't received mine yet. I'm stack 5.

desquire
15-04-13, 14:42
Haven't received mine yet. I'm stack 5.
Once ours arrive, the next and follow up payment will come like a bullet train... One after another in just a lapse of probably not more than two/three weeks..:p .

star
15-04-13, 14:45
Congrats all waterview owners. TOP will come this year.

East Lover
15-04-13, 14:47
Not to worry, I think SL is doing it's best to manage the workers, I don't think they like to drag on the construction as it will cost thousands of $$$ for SL shld the project is delay. The faster it is, the more profit SL will make, workers are not cheap nowaday especially the gov had limited the workers number and many construction is facing manpower issues. I still pray for Q4'13. :D

I noticed a big group of ppl are busy in car park building. they completed the portion of block 77, now moving to tennis court. once it connected to the power station, the car park work is going to done, so only left greens....

but nobody is doing function room, still on the 3rd floor ground, can't see the glass room yet...

For the last payment before TOP - carpark, i guess all of us will receive on the same time?

I do pray for Q4'13 also :D :D :D can't wait to drink coffea in my beautiful balcony to enjoy the real (and really beautiful) water view... :47:

East Lover
15-04-13, 14:48
Congrats all waterview owners. TOP will come this year.
dear star, thanks for your good wishes! by the way, how do you tell it's TOP this year? mind to share with us? :D :D :D

star
15-04-13, 15:07
dear star, thanks for your good wishes! by the way, how do you tell it's TOP this year? mind to share with us? :D :D :D

Likely because most of the painting work is being done. Just my guess. :)

desquire
15-04-13, 15:43
Sis, you're really brightening up my day today. I laugh until ppl think I'm mad. Hahahha. Ok TOP will be next week okies. Wanna know how I know? Hehehehe:D

East Lover
15-04-13, 15:48
Sis, you're really brightening up my day today. I laugh until ppl think I'm mad. Hahahha. Ok TOP will be next week okies. Wanna know how I know? Hehehehe:D
one have to create fun in such a boring Monday... :D :D :D

correct or not? naughty desquire?? :p :p :p

Likely because most of the painting work is being done. Just my guess. :)
dear star, thank you ... :cheers3:

Shadus
15-04-13, 16:23
Dear sis,

I think from your DBR experience, it looks like WV going to TOP end of this year. Right? :)

East Lover
15-04-13, 16:40
Dear sis,

I think from your DBR experience, it looks like WV going to TOP end of this year. Right? :)

DBR completion date on the notice board is May, official TOP is sept. key collection in mid Oct. i collected mine on early Nov only....

But I knew DBR didn't pass the inspection during the first round, so it took so long to reach TOP.

I hope the quality of SL is much better than DBR, from completion date to TOP only 1 mth , and key collection 1 mth after TOP only :D

jjtio
15-04-13, 17:00
Once ours arrive, the next and follow up payment will come like a bullet train... One after another in just a lapse of probably not more than two/three weeks..:p .

that's true :) so must enjoy while it "lasts" :p

joycewangwen
15-04-13, 19:20
guys and gals...I am not sure if I should to ask a practical question here, to spoil the joyous atomershere...

If you bot a 1000 square feet as developer said and paied 1000psf, that is 1 million.

In the end, the URA measurement is reported 970 square feet, will the developer offset you 30k?

Professional advice or experience is needed, thanks.:cheers4: :cheers4:

jbtay
15-04-13, 20:23
guys and gals...I am not sure if I should to ask a practical question here, to spoil the joyous atomershere...

If you bot a 1000 square feet as developer said and paied 1000psf, that is 1 million.

In the end, the URA measurement is reported 970 square feet, will the developer offset you 30k?

Professional advice or experience is needed, thanks.:cheers4: :cheers4:

Sorry to disappoint you, cl 18.3 of the Sale & Purchase Agrt is very clear. Only when the deficiency is more than 3% will you get a reduction in the purchase price and only on the amount that exceeds the 3% deficiency on the unit rate based on the purchase price. So 970 sq ft, you get nothing. 960 sq ft, you only get (970-960)=10 sq ft times $1000 = $10000. As I said before, the standard SPA is loaded against the purchaser. So chances are developer has a lot of margin to err more on the deficient side. :doh: This applies to all development in S'pore, so just got to accept it. Matter of fact, I don't even recall if I ever check or saw the final survey for AqBP to confirm that I got 97% of the floor area!!!:scared-1:

iwantgizmos
15-04-13, 20:35
Sorry to disappoint you, cl 18.3 of the Sale & Purchase Agrt is very clear. Only when the deficiency is more than 3% will you get a reduction in the purchase price and only on the amount that exceeds the 3% deficiency on the unit rate based on the purchase price. So 970 sq ft, you get nothing. 960 sq ft, you only get (970-960)=10 sq ft times $1000 = $10000. As I said before, the standard SPA is loaded against the purchaser. So chances are developer has a lot of margin to err more on the deficient side. :doh: This applies to all development in S'pore, so just got to accept it. Matter of fact, I don't even recall if I ever check or saw the final survey for AqBP to confirm that I got 97% of the floor area!!!:scared-1:
great post... we do get to learn something new everyday in this forum...