PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Sir Yoda
25-01-13, 01:37
Stack 81, 83, 85...

desquire
25-01-13, 06:38
Hi everyone,

After few months since last year, I finally managed to apply and got an account here...it is really challenging to open a/c and I believe there are many of our WV bros and sis only reading but still having problem getting one!!

Oh...so excited am I, that I forgot to intro.
Belong to Stack 73, pes, Yoda is.

And salute, greetings to active veterans here like Chestnut, Dequire and East Lover etc. Thanks for keeping us so updated with pics, views etc.

Thank you, Yoda say.

Welcome in Sir, a protege of Vader I am... we have some unsettled lightsaber duel to settle... heheheheheh!!!:luke-and-darth:

I'm no veteran. Just a rookie in search for a single nice home to live in and making lotsa friends from FEC.:D

Thanks for the lovely pics...

jjtio
25-01-13, 07:47
Blue is the new color for hopes and aspirations. White is old and tarnished. :rolleyes:
I agree and the buildings do take on a new look at night.
Looking fwd to the completion so we can enjoy the night time sight soon. :)

jjtio
25-01-13, 07:49
Thanks for the lovely pics Sir Yoda.
Wow, u managed to get them "up close". *thumbs up*

Welcome too. I had a tough time applying for my account as well. :banghead:

bombe
25-01-13, 08:35
Blue is the new color for hopes and aspirations. White is old and tarnished. :rolleyes:

sounds like a tag line for the next GE... Punggol East bit far away from WV...

bombe
25-01-13, 08:44
anyone knows what's the postal code? esp blk 77?

oh ya..advertise abit...he he...my cousin's hubby does curtains and he stay at Tropica (next door only). Most of the residents in Tropica gets him to do their curtains. i'll let him know if you all are interested and will ask him for very good discount...

another cousin's hubby work as interior designer...so if want 2nd opinion can get him to quote.

no obligations at all and if you are not happy with their price no hard feelings...

JohnDoe4
25-01-13, 08:49
So fellow residents.

Are we concluding the "blue colour" matter?

The matter is now closed?

cnud
25-01-13, 11:15
Colours perception is very personal. Somehow it's turning out very pretty.

teck
25-01-13, 12:30
anyone knows what's the postal code? esp blk 77?

oh ya..advertise abit...he he...my cousin's hubby does curtains and he stay at Tropica (next door only). Most of the residents in Tropica gets him to do their curtains. i'll let him know if you all are interested and will ask him for very good discount...

another cousin's hubby work as interior designer...so if want 2nd opinion can get him to quote.

no obligations at all and if you are not happy with their price no hard feelings...
For blk 77 the postal code is 529782.

JohnDoe4
25-01-13, 12:56
Sir Yoda,

Thanks for the pics - great shot, good vantage points.

May I correct you - these are "Blocks" 81, 83, 85. Not stacks. Stacks make up a block which is represented by the last 2 digits of your unit number - #xx-xx

Please do keep sending us photos

Stack 81, 83, 85...

thechoi
25-01-13, 14:21
So fellow residents.

Are we concluding the "blue colour" matter?

The matter is now closed?

Little hope but I still wrote to Stephanie asking if SL can give us more assurance by agreeing to repaint the place after TOP if most of us voted that it is ugly, so far no reply.

Shadus
25-01-13, 15:50
Went to check out Qbay finally!

Price wise, its ~5-10% higher than our WV launch prices only. Looks like CM7 does have its effect on how aggressive developer prices these units. But of coz we can say WV have a slighter "better" location / environment :D

Size wise, the show flat is very deceptive because there's quite a few key "missing" area compared to WV. So really nothing much to say about this :cheers4:

The 1 bedroom units are quite attractive as investment tho. That is assuming we have a stable property prices in the next decade or so. Personal opinion that is.

Meanwhile, can't wait till WV TOP. But when I look at it today. It really seems the progress have slowed... I wonder why....

Kengar
25-01-13, 17:14
I have also asked Shirley if the Architect could provide a new colour rendition of the project using the "crystal blue" plus white. No reply yet.

Little hope but I still wrote to Stephanie asking if SL can give us more assurance by agreeing to repaint the place after TOP if most of us voted that it is ugly, so far no reply.

kEN9170
25-01-13, 19:42

Very unlikely unless owners willing to come out the dollars from their own pocket. Not all buy for own stay. Investor will not bother about the colour.

taurus332000
25-01-13, 21:05
Hello all, just to share some pics taken earlier.:D

minami-san
25-01-13, 22:54
I have also asked Shirley if the Architect could provide a new colour rendition of the project using the "crystal blue" plus white. No reply yet.
Thanks Bro Kengar! The colour rendition would really help us visualize the white & crystal blue combi :)

joycewangwen
26-01-13, 11:50
Frankly to say, I don't like this color, I also don't hate this color.:D :D

Sir Yoda
26-01-13, 12:45
Welcome in Sir, a protege of Vader I am... we have some unsettled lightsaber duel to settle... heheheheheh!!!:luke-and-darth:

I'm no veteran. Just a rookie in search for a single nice home to live in and making lotsa friends from FEC.:D

Thanks for the lovely pics...

Oh yes...Vader...look forward to our "Water Duel" end of this year, Yoda shall... (going to be wet, so pls bring raincoat...hehe)

Sir Yoda
26-01-13, 12:52
Thanks for the lovely pics Sir Yoda.
Wow, u managed to get them "up close". *thumbs up*

Welcome too. I had a tough time applying for my account as well. :banghead:

Hi jjtio,

I had to exert some "Mind Force" as follows (just like how Obiwan did in some missions..):

Yoda told indian guard:"You will let me go into Waterview."
Indian guard:"...I will let you go into Waterview."
Yoda: "Thank you, ignore me and just do your own things."

After taking a few pics, still kena chased out by Safety Officer...(humbug)

East Lover
26-01-13, 18:03
Bro kengar, I just sent u several WV progress photos for pool n clubhouse. Can u pls help to upload to share with our FEC?

Kengar
26-01-13, 20:23
The pool and clubhouse are looking good!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NJEOCHfKYGU/UQPXnyiMgdI/AAAAAAAAAic/bi5CcWzFUkU/s512/photo%25201.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0clWFyzvnGo/UQPYMHI402I/AAAAAAAAAik/KbY2apDseNA/s512/photo%25202.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-AWnJg9vQp0c/UQPYiy-1DnI/AAAAAAAAAis/C_FZAWFOspk/s512/photo%25203.JPG

East Lover
26-01-13, 21:10
Bro Kengar, thanks!

The baby pool have "beach" feel already :cheers5:

The ground floor units look good also :) :) :)

The pool and clubhouse are looking good!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-AWnJg9vQp0c/UQPYiy-1DnI/AAAAAAAAAis/C_FZAWFOspk/s512/photo%25203.JPG

minami-san
26-01-13, 23:44
Bro Kengar, thanks!

The baby pool have "beach" feel already :cheers5:

The ground floor units look good also :) :) :)

Lovely! Thanks Sis East Lover & Bro Kengar. :cheers4:

Btw, WP has won over Punggoll East. My hubby and i were jokingly saying that maybe SL mgt wants to show support for WP since WV belongs to Aljunied...that's why the "crystal blue"! Or maybe they want to sit on the fence, so have a combi of WHITE and BLUE?? haha

joycewangwen
27-01-13, 07:39
Lovely! Thanks Sis East Lover & Bro Kengar. :cheers4:

Btw, WP has won over Punggoll East. My hubby and i were jokingly saying that maybe SL mgt wants to show support for WP since WV belongs to Aljunied...that's why the "crystal blue"! Or maybe they want to sit on the fence, so have a combi of WHITE and BLUE?? haha

Can't agree more...
White and Blue should work closely to paint Singapore sky into harmony.:cheers4: :cheers4:

zeamybro
27-01-13, 13:22
Waterview looking good under the bright blue sky

http://i45.tinypic.com/33l309z.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2s8ifxe.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2dmcfo4.jpg

Superstar1
27-01-13, 15:52

Dear future residents of WV, I think your fears are premature, the facade looks great!:)

desquire
27-01-13, 16:27
Dear future residents of WV, I think your fears are premature, the facade looks great!:)
Zeamybro is a world class photographer. I can assure you on this. :D

East Lover
27-01-13, 16:56
My bro, ur previous batch of photos 掀起轩然大波。。。
Hope the sunny photos make all of FEC happier :D

Thanks for the sharing! :cheers4:

waterviewer88
27-01-13, 17:30
Hi everyone,

I have been enjoying the discussions on waterview and the wonderful pictures taken by members of this beautiful development. Of course, I'm biased as I am also vested in waterview :D

Until recently, the discussions have been highly positive and members are impatiently looking forward to moving in before Christmas. Then came this issue of external paint color that threw everybody literally into a blue funk. I can almost hear the shrieks of despair and voices of doom echoed everywhere as keyboards were pounded thru the night condemning the architects, developers and everybody associated with them (I drama mama a bit ok? :p).

Now this is serious, I thought. What could have made the ever cheerful desquire so serious and blue, or Ms Agnoy who felt cheated, doesn't want to live in a hospital and would rather sell her unit to chestnut? Really really really serious stuff man. What's happening??!!! So I decided to take a look myself. Armed with my handy-dandy camera, I made my way down to the reservoir to take a look....but first, I need to take a break. Be back in a while. wait hor.

desquire
27-01-13, 17:32
Thanks to all FEC especially East Lover who tirelessly help us get the latest photos, Kengar for diligently uploading the pics and Zeamybro for an awesome collection of images always.

The residents of WV hv probably accepted our fate and move on...:p :D :p :D :p :D psycho psycho. :o

waterviewer88
27-01-13, 18:06
Here're what I found.

The color of the external walls are not at all like a hospital or spells doomsday for residents. If you look at the picture below, the color is really a very light crystal blue and it is interweaved with white (1 column white, another column crystal blue). This is what Sim Lian means when they stated in their reply that "the external walls will have a mixture of white and crystal blue to emphasize the refreshing sense of dynamic water" (btw, I'm not associated with SL hor).

Here's a closer look.

Lastly, take a step back and look at the holistic picture. This next picture cries out SPACE SPACE SPACE! What other development gives you that much space between blocks. Desquire, your block will have beautiful unblocked view from the foreground of two double pools to the green of the trees to the reservoir! And that sense of space is real.

The color is very light. Even if you don't like it, believe me, in a year's time, it would have faded to be almost unnoticeable. I live in a block that previously have very strong green-blue only and there were loud protests. Within a year or two, the color has almost faded.

So guys and gals, this is much ado about nothing. Let the developer finish the work. It is going to be very nice :cheers4:

desquire
27-01-13, 18:40
Wah... Steady meady. Waterviewer88. The spirit of WV is here at long last. Hehe. It's a pleasure having another beautiful neighbour like you around. :p

No one in here can beat your nick already. Yalah, I also surrender. Blue also can lah. Purple also no problem. Give me free purple GTR also I take. Hehehe.

NV looks very nice when I drove past. The facade looks very 'designer'. :D

procrastinator
27-01-13, 19:07
Stack 81, 83, 85...
nice pictures, thanks

procrastinator
27-01-13, 19:14
Wah... Steady meady. Waterviewer88. The spirit of WV is here at long last. Hehe. It's a pleasure having another beautiful neighbour like you around. :p

No one in here can beat your nick already. Yalah, I also surrender. Blue also can lah. Purple also no problem. Give me free purple GTR also I take. Hehehe.

but NV layout is not nice

thechoi
27-01-13, 22:43

Bro Desquire you are a cool man! :cheers4:
I didn't know that 'forums.condosingapore.com' is such a scary place until i read some of the other threads today where people get insulted by words...:scared-3: :scared-3: .
I am so glad to know that Waterviewers are all nice friendly and helpful people...:)
Thank you all for all the great pic and info provided in this thread...

Oh, sorry for the late intro, i m from stack 3, :ashamed1:

kane
28-01-13, 00:58
got a question for those living around the area currently, how's the air traffic of paya lebar airbase?

Shadus
28-01-13, 05:57
got a question for those living around the area currently, how's the air traffic of paya lebar airbase?

You mean to ask if the noise disturbs this area? Then no, they don't fly over this area.

Sir Yoda
28-01-13, 06:44

Seems more for pple staying at punggol and sengkang which is almost beside to PLAB. I got friends staying around there and feedback is noise pollution mostly near to NDP time, some training exercises or rarely, VVIP visits to our land.

So if u buy the stretch of projects e.g. heron bay, riversound etc. Potentially can get loud planes landing and takeoff sound.

Be with you, may the Force be.

desquire
28-01-13, 08:16
Seems more for pple staying at punggol and sengkang which is almost beside to PLAB. I got friends staying around there and feedback is noise pollution mostly near to NDP time, some training exercises or rarely, VVIP visits to our land.

So if u buy the stretch of projects e.g. heron bay, riversound etc. Potentially can get loud planes landing and takeoff sound.

Be with you, may the Force be.

We get the force from you while those you mentioned get theirs from the "Air-Force". Haha. Seriously, every development also has its own pull factor. Win some, lose some. :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

For WV it's pretty obvious buyers mainly purchase for the serenity of the area despite it not being near to the MRT. Obviously we are aware of what we have purchased and have chosen that location for our home.:p

The humungous '8' pools and spacing between blocks is the strength here. Unlike those 'closely knitted' blocks which comes with free daily night shows and scattered pools here, there and everywhere.:p

A condominium for the SIM-ple people. Practicality in the layout of the different units is also a plus here. Facilities common to other developments and nothing much to shout about. A place to call our home, tucked in a corner of Ulu Tampines...opppsss... not forgetting, with blue and white of the crystal sky...:eek: :eek: :eek:

jjtio
28-01-13, 10:31
Hello all, just to share some pics taken earlier.:D

thanks for the lovely pics :)

jjtio
28-01-13, 10:32
Hi jjtio,

I had to exert some "Mind Force" as follows (just like how Obiwan did in some missions..):

Yoda told indian guard:"You will let me go into Waterview."
Indian guard:"...I will let you go into Waterview."
Yoda: "Thank you, ignore me and just do your own things."

After taking a few pics, still kena chased out by Safety Officer...(humbug)

lol. *impressive man*
we didnt go near the entrance to the site.
usually my dad would park at the carpark n we would view it from afar. :)

jjtio
28-01-13, 10:35
Here're what I found.

The color of the external walls are not at all like a hospital or spells doomsday for residents. If you look at the picture below, the color is really a very light crystal blue and it is interweaved with white (1 column white, another column crystal blue). This is what Sim Lian means when they stated in their reply that "the external walls will have a mixture of white and crystal blue to emphasize the refreshing sense of dynamic water" (btw, I'm not associated with SL hor).

Here's a closer look.

Lastly, take a step back and look at the holistic picture. This next picture cries out SPACE SPACE SPACE! What other development gives you that much space between blocks. Desquire, your block will have beautiful unblocked view from the foreground of two double pools to the green of the trees to the reservoir! And that sense of space is real.

The color is very light. Even if you don't like it, believe me, in a year's time, it would have faded to be almost unnoticeable. I live in a block that previously have very strong green-blue only and there were loud protests. Within a year or two, the color has almost faded.

So guys and gals, this is much ado about nothing. Let the developer finish the work. It is going to be very nice :cheers4:

wow. our WV is really getting to be steps closer to our Waterfront homes.

thanks for the lovely pics. :)

acidic.straw
28-01-13, 14:21
Here're what I found.

Here's a closer look.

Can barely see the color :confused: Somebody commented it looked very messy..could it be because it was raining and wet then? or the paint not fully dry? Or everybody drag down every other person's mood? LOL.. Seemed to be very sunny when you took the pics.

azeoprop
28-01-13, 14:50
Update 28th Jan 2013. :)

East Lover
28-01-13, 15:00
it looks very ugly during that raining day.... :D

luckily it looks much much better now :p :p :p

http://i46.tinypic.com/t8rl74.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/17cz5u.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/t9y6th.jpg

East Lover
28-01-13, 15:32
Thanks! nice photos!

one question - one should have no problem to jump from stack A's aircon ledge to stack B' i guess? they are soooo close?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5238&d=1359359401

Update 28th Jan 2013. :)

JohnDoe4
28-01-13, 15:58
EL, you are absolutely right. The possibility is there.

Thanks! nice photos!

one question - one should have no problem to jump from stack A's aircon ledge to stack B' i guess? they are soooo close?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

jbtay
28-01-13, 19:37
Thanks! nice photos!

Many thanks to all who posted/taken all the lovely pics. Our ugly duckling has changed to a lovely white swan gliding along crystal blue lake ... certainly won't become a black swan...:cheers4:
Ah yes, catwoman will be kept vy bz. Not enough to ensure own hse is locked up when off for vacation. With a small catladder, can even go from upper to lower unit and from upper to lower cross-over unit.. :scared-1: Hmnn

Shadus
28-01-13, 20:03
Thanks! nice photos!

Why will anyone want to jump fro stack A to B? :D

azeoprop
28-01-13, 20:05
Why will anyone want to jump fro stack A to B? :D

Maids trying to escape without being noticed? :rolleyes:

myfirstpc
28-01-13, 20:11
:banghead: :doh: :doh: :banghead:
:tsk-tsk:

Maids trying to escape without being noticed? :rolleyes:

East Lover
28-01-13, 21:56
Received letter from lawyer, another 5% payment ready for ceiling n false ceiling.

Next payment is door & window frame, electronical wiring.

And then carpark, roads & drains.

2 more steps toward to the last one - T.O.P. :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

minami-san
28-01-13, 22:17
Received letter from lawyer, another 5% payment ready for ceiling n false ceiling.

Great news!! We feel so eager and happy to pay...haha...coz' this means another step closer to TOP!:cheers4:

Sir Yoda
28-01-13, 23:02
The FORCE is strong in this place...become ONE with the BLUE FORCE in time to come, Yoda shall...

Kengar
28-01-13, 23:24
I borrowed Tropica's Function Room again during the recent weekend to host a party.. and one of my guest commented that the Tropica swimming pool is huge... hee hee wait till he sees Waterview's "8" Pool when it is done :D

Another guest was impressed by how well the Tropica function room is maintained. I hope the Waterview one will be equally spacious.

jc_star
29-01-13, 01:32
What?!! Nice colour?! :doh:

Think, Architects of SL is too "kay-kiang"...simply change colour and make my lovely white-washed condo looks like some sengkang flat...

waterviewer88
29-01-13, 06:33

wah...year end TOP looks good! Maybe even earlier:D :cheers4:

jbtay
29-01-13, 06:43
Nice article on qbay, warterview n dev potential of surrounding ares in My Paper today, 2nd last page. We are in the spotlight, power of the force..... way to go....

Shadus
29-01-13, 08:07
wah...year end TOP looks good! Maybe even earlier:D :cheers4:

Wah. Finally anr 5%, my blk v. slow, so i may have to wait even longer.....
Just hoping they can TOP end Q3, early Q4 so that can move in by CNY.

East Lover
29-01-13, 08:09
Nice article on qbay, warterview n dev potential of surrounding ares in My Paper today, 2nd last page. We are in the spotlight, power of the force..... way to go....
it will be even better if we can have LRT all the way to Tampines Central & Giant /Ikea.... :D :D :D

Shanhz
29-01-13, 08:13
Thanks! nice photos!

not bad! at least they give you good quality aircon. notice there is a lot of wasted space on the a/c ledge - should make some creative use of it

Shadus
29-01-13, 08:14
it will be even better if we can have LRT all the way to Tampines Central & Giant /Ikea.... :D :D :D

Sister, your idea keeps getting better!

Shadus
29-01-13, 08:16
not bad! at least they give you good quality aircon. notice there is a lot of wasted space on the a/c ledge - should make some creative use of it

Some ppl do a sort of a standing clothes line.... That should give you some idea :p. You might get complains tho, (like my condo), but after a few years, the mgmt gave up coz too many ppl do that.

Totally agree Mitsubishi is good quality! I was expecting Daikin again.. but thank goodness

desquire
29-01-13, 08:19

Mitsubishi is good?? Is the one installed at WV the model which is easy for cleaning/removing the cover? Anyone knows? :confused:

I was told that Daikin is still the best around. I like Carrier, they're very good! I'm bad at technical stuffs. Hehehe.:confused:

Tripp
29-01-13, 08:42
Attachment 5238 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5238&d=1359359401)

Congrats to upcoming WV owners, and thanks azeoprop for his pics.

Do you guys know what is the box found affixed to the outer wall nearer to the back end of the A/C ledge, for?

Is this a gas heater device?

By the way, what are the creative uses that you have seen or come across for A/C ledge?

Shanhz
29-01-13, 08:55
Mitsubishi is good?? Is the one installed at WV the model which is easy for cleaning/removing the cover? Anyone knows? :confused:

I was told that Daikin is still the best around. I like Carrier, they're very good! I'm bad at technical stuffs. Hehehe.:confused:

both daikin and mit are good. but daikin more expensive to maintain. mit is really quite maintenance free, at least for mine. i thikn 6-7 years leow. i just clean the filter, it has served me trouble free.

as for the cover, i think most pple dun bother anyway. for me, cleaning the filter is good enuff. i dun bother abt other stuff.

desquire
29-01-13, 09:07
both daikin and mit are good. but daikin more expensive to maintain. mit is really quite maintenance free, at least for mine. i thikn 6-7 years leow. i just clean the filter, it has served me trouble free.

as for the cover, i think most pple dun bother anyway. for me, cleaning the filter is good enuff. i dun bother abt other stuff.

That's great. They're using the Mitsubishi MXY3A28VA if I'm not wrong. Managed to 'Google' it and found some nice reviews about it including how silent it is...:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Jbtay-Wow! The review the wrote about the whole stretch of Tampines Avenue 10 seemed tempting and delicious. Thank you so much for enlightening us all early this lovely morning. Qbay marketing very super-powderful!! Thanks to them especially for the publicity and being the highlight at the moment. When WV was up for sale, the area was still very quiet and known mainly to those only around the neighbourhood.

I just have this gut feeling they'll do something 'great' to the area to cater to the number of residents there. I could be wrong though. Nevertheless, the place looks promising...:p

Shadus
29-01-13, 09:28

Daikin quite famous for having to keep on maintaining and parts breaking down some years down the road. A lot of ppl in my current estate have changed their original Daikin < 10 years. multiple issues and they decide just change the whole system is more worth it.

My own one, one of the room aircon IR sensor spoilt, replacement not cheap. Anr room become v. noisy. The compressor I've changed 2x motherboard for 2 different compressor.

Regardless, for all aircon, you should try clean your filter every 3 months if you use the aircon regularly. This is something you can DIY.

Shadus
29-01-13, 09:58
Congrats to upcoming WV owners, and thanks azeoprop for his pics.

Do you guys know what is the box found affixed to the outer wall nearer to the back end of the A/C ledge, for?

Is this a gas heater device?

By the way, what are the creative uses that you have seen or come across for A/C ledge?

Most likely power supply for the aircon.

For the A/C ledge, only seen clothes hanging... don't think allowed to build stuff there. some ppl put small pot plants... but i think that's dangerous.

Shanhz
29-01-13, 09:59
Daikin quite famous for having to keep on maintaining and parts breaking down some years down the road. A lot of ppl in my current estate have changed their original Daikin < 10 years. multiple issues and they decide just change the whole system is more worth it.

My own one, one of the room aircon IR sensor spoilt, replacement not cheap. Anr room become v. noisy. The compressor I've changed 2x motherboard for 2 different compressor.

Regardless, for all aircon, you should try clean your filter every 3 months if you use the aircon regularly. This is something you can DIY.

agree on this. last time, my rental unit had a daikin. there were common problems like the flap always spoil, etc etc. you keep having to change the parts. not much $$, $100 here, $150 there.. but it adds up. like i said, my mit was totally troublefree. and yes, very very silent.

Shadus
29-01-13, 12:30
http://news.asiaone.com/A1Business/News/Story/A1Story20130129-398545.html

Nice article on the area we will live in!

alvin heng
29-01-13, 21:09
wow the blue really cannot make it :doh: :doh: :doh: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

Justin3
29-01-13, 21:47

I am warry the progress of those blocks facing Tampines Ave 1, it is really slow, we can't move in even one unit is not ready right?

Stoney Stone Stone
29-01-13, 22:04
New BTO behind Arc @ Tampines, Green Forest will have supermarket, eating house and shops. Very Happy, no need to walk so far liao...:D

East Lover
29-01-13, 22:14
New BTO behind Arc @ Tampines, Green Forest will have supermarket, eating house and shops. Very Happy, no need to walk so far liao...:D
Thanks! Thats great :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Yuketen
29-01-13, 22:44
Any of you got any take on D-leedon?? There is a discount on-going. U all think it's good investment??? The prices are still quite high for 99 yr lease I think.... After 15 percent discount... Left the high floors..

Kengar
29-01-13, 22:49
Yeah this is indeed great news!

Here is the site.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZBW5nZJ5V7M/UQfvF4FV3MI/AAAAAAAAAi8/yQfVUktKRCk/s512/Fullscreen%2520capture%25201292013%2520114641%2520PM.jpg

minami-san
30-01-13, 08:09
Yeah this is indeed great news!

Here is the site.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZBW5nZJ5V7M/UQfvF4FV3MI/AAAAAAAAAi8/yQfVUktKRCk/s512/Fullscreen%2520capture%25201292013%2520114641%2520PM.jpg
Wonderful!!!

chiaberry
30-01-13, 08:29
Eerm....the "proposed place of worship". Any chance it would be a Mosque?

desquire
30-01-13, 09:21

There's a mosque nearby already (Tampines Avenue 5). I was told that this will be a church instead. :p

**FEC you guys are champion. Coffee-shops, supermarkets, shops, LRT... all kinda 'lobang' also you all know. Anyway it's really good news for us all!!:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

GWS
30-01-13, 09:29

From what I understand the Government has a policy where there must be a place of worship for each of the major religions (Christianity, Islamism and Buddhism/Taoism) within a fixed area, i.e. meaning each area must be adequately served by a temple, mosque or church, and there cannot be all mosques but no churches etc.

Given that there is already a mosque nearby at the central, and a church near St Hilda's, my guess is that the place of worship is most likely to be a temple?

Just a wild guess.

Shadus
30-01-13, 10:24
It sort of open for application. My guess is any religion who applies will be considered. But rightly mentioned, its most likely a temple. Because 1stly, there's a small church @St Hilda area and this plot looks too small for any of the megachurches to be interested. There's also a mosque at central and there isn't a great deal of "demand" for mosque plus again, the plot looks too small for a mosque.

waterviewer88
30-01-13, 11:02
GREENFOREST
http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/13JANBTOTAP_images_7823/$file/image1.jpg http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/13JANBTOTAP_images_7823/$file/image2.jpg

Located along Tampines Avenue 8, Tampines GreenForest comprises four residential blocks each 15-storeys in height. The choice of 424 units of 3- and 4-room Standard flats will enchant you.

An upcoming park designed with a forest setting will be located right next door. The development also features lush landscaping and leaf motifs on its facades. All these give inspiration to the name “Tampines GreenForest”.

Look no further than the central open space for an exciting range of facilities. The young ones will be thrilled to explore the children’s playgrounds. Those who wish to work up a sweat can do so at the fitness corners or on the jogging path. After a good workout, cool off at the precinct pavilion and rest shelters. The rooftop garden adorning the multi-storey car park is a visual delight for residents’ staying above.

Continue on to the adjacent park where more fun awaits you. Use the variety of playgrounds, fitness stations and lawn spaces found there, all while enjoying views of the surrounding flora and fauna.

Parents will appreciate having a childcare centre located in this development. Buying of daily necessities and meals is very convenient, as a supermarket, eating house and shops are found on the premises.
:D :jump-for-joy: :cheers5:

Stoney Stone Stone
30-01-13, 11:27
GREENFOREST
http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/13JANBTOTAP_images_7823/$file/image1.jpg http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/13JANBTOTAP_images_7823/$file/image2.jpg

Located along Tampines Avenue 8, Tampines GreenForest comprises four residential blocks each 15-storeys in height. The choice of 424 units of 3- and 4-room Standard flats will enchant you.

An upcoming park designed with a forest setting will be located right next door. The development also features lush landscaping and leaf motifs on its facades. All these give inspiration to the name “Tampines GreenForest”.

Look no further than the central open space for an exciting range of facilities. The young ones will be thrilled to explore the children’s playgrounds. Those who wish to work up a sweat can do so at the fitness corners or on the jogging path. After a good workout, cool off at the precinct pavilion and rest shelters. The rooftop garden adorning the multi-storey car park is a visual delight for residents’ staying above.

Continue on to the adjacent park where more fun awaits you. Use the variety of playgrounds, fitness stations and lawn spaces found there, all while enjoying views of the surrounding flora and fauna.

Parents will appreciate having a childcare centre located in this development. Buying of daily necessities and meals is very convenient, as a supermarket, eating house and shops are found on the premises.
:D :jump-for-joy: :cheers5:

There is some minor setback.
TOP is 2016 2nd QTR.

desquire
30-01-13, 11:36
Wahhh... so nice.:D :D :D One green forest and another blue crystal!!! Hahahahah!! The forest sure looks good on paper!! Nicer than WV leh!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bro why is it a setback? It is due to the timing and having to wait for it to complete on the later part pf 2016? Hehhe. It won't be that long lah...:p :p time machine... we waited for WV since 2010!!!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :p

Stoney Stone Stone
30-01-13, 11:50
Wahhh... so nice.:D :D :D One green forest and another blue crystal!!! Hahahahah!! The forest sure looks good on paper!! Nicer than WV leh!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bro why is it a setback? It is due to the timing and having to wait for it to complete on the later part pf 2016? Hehhe. It won't be that long lah...:p :p time machine... we waited for WV since 2010!!!:scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :p

Yes yes, you are right. Maybe can rent a stall from the coffeshop.
Thinking of selling Nasi Lemak. I see Changi V, International & Mizzy always long queue.

sleeping lamb
31-01-13, 07:46

NV residences (also launched in late Oct 2010) which is double the size in terms of units offered aldy collected keys last week. The construction over at WV is pretty slow in comparison...

waterviewer88
31-01-13, 11:27
NV residences (also launched in late Oct 2010) which is double the size in terms of units offered aldy collected keys last week. The construction over at WV is pretty slow in comparison...

good stuff needs more time to make :p

East Lover
31-01-13, 13:54
nothing mentioned about our Tampines Quarry Park in master plan 2013 :banghead:

wp :(

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/e-book/index.html

pdf version
http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/e-book/files/assets/common/downloads/Land%20Use%20Plan%20to%20Singapore.pdf

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/

Shadus
31-01-13, 16:23

ya lo :(

Maybe its lumped together as Bedok Reservoir? Or maybe our MBT no longer as high flying, so lesser power to push his idea now? Anyway, i like the East Coast ROH thing, we can cycle to East coast in future! yeah

bakasa2002
31-01-13, 16:27
ya lo :(

Maybe its lumped together as Bedok Reservoir? Or maybe our MBT no longer as high flying, so lesser power to push his idea now? Anyway, i like the East Coast ROH thing, we can cycle to East coast in future! yeah

WV is not part of Tampines GRC, but Aljunied Hougang GRC, so nothing to with MBT lah .... The East Cost ROH thing do look interesting though ...

A wild thought is perhaps they can add some F&B (24hr Mac) to Bedok Reservoir Park and bicycle/roller-blading rental shop to make the place more vibrant. I stay quite nearby. ;)

Shadus
31-01-13, 16:31
WV is not part of Tampines GRC, but Aljunied Hougang GRC, so nothing to with MBT lah .... The East Cost ROH thing do look interesting though ...

A wild thought is perhaps they can add some F&B (24hr Mac) to Bedok Reservoir Park and bicycle/roller-blading rental shop to make the place more vibrant. I stay quite nearby. ;)

har..... no wonder. Nvr knew that area is consider Aljunied :(
I tot the Quarry Park is MBT brain child?

desquire
01-02-13, 09:14
Big bro Chestnut, quite a number of people selling WV. Goodness, pricing now hovering around 1.1psf to about 1.3psf even!! Crazy world. Not yet TOP even....

I can't imagine the price aftre it TOPed. Of course we are happy with such prices but it's pretty scary too isn't it??? :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

chestnut
01-02-13, 18:50
Big bro Chestnut, quite a number of people selling WV. Goodness, pricing now hovering around 1.1psf to about 1.3psf even!! Crazy world. Not yet TOP even....

I can't imagine the price aftre it TOPed. Of course we are happy with such prices but it's pretty scary too isn't it??? :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

Bro, this is normal. If u go ura.gov.sg or squarefoot.com.sg u will find some transactions already happening and the minimum profit is 64k and max is 271k.

As we near TOP, the prices will start to climb. Why????
- there are people who want to see the end result (finished product)
- there will be investors who want to buy and rent out immediately
- there will be families who want the unit NOW.

If u look at waterview, the location is way much better than qbay. It is next to the park leh.... If u have a reservoir view, you will have no blockages to views "forever".

As for the pricing being scary, it is if u have not invested.

My clover was bot at 1 mil. Upon top, I was offered 1.3 mil. Today it is worth > 1.6 mil conservatively. I also have a couple of units which have more than doubled in value. Hahahahahaha.... Of course everything that goes up will come down... I am looking for signs of it. It is still early days. Hahahahahaha

If not for all the CMs, you will be totally freaked out with the price increase.

The roi on rental there is also not bad.... I reckon gross > 4%....

Moving forward, price will be gradual - if not more CMs will come out. This time, the govt super serious.

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Eastguy
03-02-13, 15:46
HI

Attached is the floor plan for type C1.

Cheers

gohbek
03-02-13, 16:22
HI

Cheers

Thank you.

chiaberry
03-02-13, 18:17
HI

Cheers

The balcony at the back is so large. Can be used for maid room cum laundry room?

jjtio
04-02-13, 10:36
HI

Cheers

thanks bro for the attachment :)

electron
04-02-13, 11:00
The balcony at the back is so large. Can be used for maid room cum laundry room?

Actually I thought that the balcony at the back is even more useful than the one in front. More convenient to dry clothes (near washing machine), rather than bringing everything to the front to dry. Will make the living room more presentable.

electron
04-02-13, 11:10

Don't need to worry about it. What you saw is the 'landuse plan' from MND. From what I understand, this landuse plan is just a 'rough' version of the new concept plan (the plan for longer term projections); it's actually very similar to what they released more than 10 years ago in 2001. I think they're just using it as evidence of having sufficient planning for future population growth.

What we should be looking forward to is Masterplan 2013 from URA, which should still be under review now! This is the one that governs in specific detail what new developments and changes we will see in the immediate future :cool: This is also the one which will tell you about your Quarry Park :D

JohnDoe4
06-02-13, 15:49
Hi all,

Thought I drop a post since it's been quiet - guess everyone is preparing for CNY.

I attach a photo that EastLover posted in the earlier posts from November 2011. Looking at this photo and today, it's been only a year's difference and WV's building structure is almost completed - I'm impressed with the speed.

Let's hope we get TOP early Q4 :cool:

alvin heng
06-02-13, 17:18
ugly ugly now the blue paint more than white paint :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

acidic.straw
06-02-13, 19:20
Create a nick just for these? How pathetic :tsk-tsk:

ugly ugly now the blue paint more than white paint :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

hi guy is want to change the colour all must email to sim lian

where got people paint blue and the glass is blue ugly ugly

wow the blue really cannot make it :doh: :doh: :doh: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

leesg123
06-02-13, 19:49
I think Alvin heng is a new owner of wv so he is quite concerned. Anyway, i do agree with him, the choice of blue paint really....

If they just stick to white paint would so much classier.

Kopi Kar Tai
06-02-13, 22:20
Dear WV owners,

Greetings to all
(whew. Finally get to log in to share this with all)

Just like majority, I am quite offended by SL's approach in handling this project by painting it with a very "off" colour.

Following is an email that I had wrote to them after receiving Designlink's letter:

<<From: KKT
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:05 PM
To: Shirley Koh; [email protected]
Cc: Admin
Subject: Re: Waterview - Owner KKT

Hi Shirley, Ms Mabel,

I am speaking on behalf of a group of buyers and afraid we are not convinced by your subtle, flowery response.

From your angle, you might thought that the blue is crystalised, diamond, blend with the surrounding etc. but I am afraid it is bad taste in reality.

We spent so much, put forth our trust to Sim Lian and this is what we get in return!! Do you think this serves us supporters any justice?!

This matter is no joke, laughing matter. In the eyes of the law, it is akin to constitute misrepresentation.

Apart from the location, it was also mainly because of the original model with white flush exterior combined with blue windows attracted us to commit ourselves into this project. The failure to deliver based on a buyer's original perception is contestable.

Since you given us such high-handed and politically correct response, it leaves us no other option (yes, it seems you don't even want to have a meeting with the buyers) but to revert in the following choice of decision:

a) We shall collectively engage and seek legal ways to handle this;

b) Inform the media press via the Strait Times & ChannelNewsAsia, follow by live interview; (yes, even to the extent of affecting our property value. No difference since we already folked out so much;)

c) post online blogs, social media blast like stomp! Also to the authorities URA, ministers etc.

If DesignLink thinks that by saving cans of white paint outweighs tarnishing of both Sim Lian and Design Link's branding image in the property industry forever, you can just disregard my email and wait for the aftermath.

At the end of the day, we will lose much but not before we pull down your future project sales and achitectual work once this goes out to media.

Regards,
KKT>>

After SL received the above email, Shirley did called up to explain for us to wait for paint to "soften" as it is still fresh and very obvious. After the colour tone become less obvious in few months time, it will look better.

She also mentioned that I should refer to Clover By the Park, which is a mixture of green and white.
And My reply to her was: "Please Shirley. That project has got more white than green. But look at WV, I could see some blocks with full smack of blue!!
At the very least, why doesn't SL conduct a briefing session with owners to explain this? At least there is clarity rather than having all to guess and just waiting for something, someone to turn this ugly!"

My dear WV potential owners, before I proceed to follow up with them, seriously and out of respect, I hope to get some of your views.

(I believe there are more owners out there who has difficulty logging and posting here. If there are arrangements to meet up, we will inform all)

Thank you.

leesg123
06-02-13, 22:41
As per my comments previously, the choice of colour could have been better. Perhaps the paint colour look nice on paper. But with the greeenery and tropica biedge/orange colour,the blue colour look 'sick'. So indeed, it may not have been simlian fault. But they simply forgot the surrounding colour and the need to blend with it.

Kengar
07-02-13, 00:02
Hi KKT

Thanks very much for following up on this on behalf of all the WV buyers.

In order to give SL and DesignLink another chance, we should get them to provide a 3D design of the the final "look" of the project with the new colour so that we can visually see how it would look like.

Dear WV owners,

Greetings to all
(whew. Finally get to log in to share this with all)

Just like majority, I am quite offended by SL's approach in handling this project by painting it with a very "off" colour.

Following is an email that I had wrote to them after receiving Designlink's letter:

<<From: KKT
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:05 PM
To: Shirley Koh; [email protected]
Cc: Admin
Subject: Re: Waterview - Owner KKT

Hi Shirley, Ms Mabel,

I am speaking on behalf of a group of buyers and afraid we are not convinced by your subtle, flowery response.

From your angle, you might thought that the blue is crystalised, diamond, blend with the surrounding etc. but I am afraid it is bad taste in reality.

We spent so much, put forth our trust to Sim Lian and this is what we get in return!! Do you think this serves us supporters any justice?!

This matter is no joke, laughing matter. In the eyes of the law, it is akin to constitute misrepresentation.

Apart from the location, it was also mainly because of the original model with white flush exterior combined with blue windows attracted us to commit ourselves into this project. The failure to deliver based on a buyer's original perception is contestable.

Since you given us such high-handed and politically correct response, it leaves us no other option (yes, it seems you don't even want to have a meeting with the buyers) but to revert in the following choice of decision:

b) Inform the media press via the Strait Times & ChannelNewsAsia, follow by live interview; (yes, even to the extent of affecting our property value. No difference since we already folked out so much;)

c) post online blogs, social media blast like stomp! Also to the authorities URA, ministers etc.

If DesignLink thinks that by saving cans of white paint outweighs tarnishing of both Sim Lian and Design Link's branding image in the property industry forever, you can just disregard my email and wait for the aftermath.

At the end of the day, we will lose much but not before we pull down your future project sales and achitectual work once this goes out to media.

Regards,
KKT>>

After SL received the above email, Shirley did called up to explain for us to wait for paint to "soften" as it is still fresh and very obvious. After the colour tone become less obvious in few months time, it will look better.

She also mentioned that I should refer to Clover By the Park, which is a mixture of green and white.
And My reply to her was: "Please Shirley. That project has got more white than green. But look at WV, I could see some blocks with full smack of blue!!
At the very least, why doesn't SL conduct a briefing session with owners to explain this? At least there is clarity rather than having all to guess and just waiting for something, someone to turn this ugly!"

My dear WV potential owners, before I proceed to follow up with them, seriously and out of respect, I hope to get some of your views.

(I believe there are more owners out there who has difficulty logging and posting here. If there are arrangements to meet up, we will inform all)

Thank you.

kEN9170
07-02-13, 05:14
Hi KKT

Thanks very much for following up on this on behalf of all the WV buyers.

In order to give SL and DesignLink another chance, we should get them to provide a 3D design of the the final "look" of the project with the new colour so that we can visually see how it would look like.

The exterior colour code is not legally binded inside the S&P Agreement.
Developer will only liable for what is not delivered inside the S&P.
Showflat model is just an artist impression model to showcase the orientation of the stacks and the facilities of this project.

Better to keep cool and not to delay the TOP.

chestnut
07-02-13, 06:12
As an investor, I see potential in Waterview. I was at qbay and popped by to see waterview at the reservoir car park. I actually love the colour.
I really don't get why you all are seeing the negative:confused: :confused: :confused:

waterviewer88
07-02-13, 06:45

I too bought a unit in WV but I disagree with your course of action. It will hurt WV buyers more than SL.

Before you even consider these actions, ask yourself the following:

a) Do you even have a legal position on this? What contractual documents do you have that defines the exterior colors? The model and brochures are artists' impressions and have no legal clout.

b) Are you sure you represent the majority views? Other than the views expressed in this forum, have you done a survey to confirm this?

It is never good to badmouth your own estate. Color is just one aspect of a development. It may be important enough for you to want to destroy its value to get the color you want but NOT for others.

Emotion must not get in the way of practical action. Get emotion out of the equation and think rationally. If you want to do it, make sure you have all the supporting evidence on your side else you may find yourself getting sued by SL.

desquire
07-02-13, 08:28
I went down a couple of times to take a 'closer look'. Maybe it's not that bad like what bro Chestnut mentioned. With the pool up, it should look as good as it gets...:p :p :p

I'm leaving the decision in the hands of SL. I don't think they will want to do something to jeopardise their reputation which had been firmly etched in our soil here. :axekiller:

We should all calm down and take things in a much considerable manner. Bro Chestnut also has a unit over at CBTP. He has his experience with them and has kindly share his honest idea here.:sleep:

I hv decided to go with what SL has provided and let the matter rest. We should look forward to TOP by 4th quarter this year where an appointment with Santa has already been inscribed on the crystal blue walls. It's just months away with the New Year slithering around the corner...:D :D :D

Happy Lunar New Year to all my friends over at WV. Have a great and prosperous New Year!! Huat big time!! Our big '8' pool is to be water-filled soon with abundance of health, luck and wealth. Cheers all FEC!! :im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy:

kamparboy
07-02-13, 08:38
1. Well, basically legally we are allowed to voice/act as we seem fit as the legal owner of the estate. Some of us will agree and some of us will not agree.

2. Taking action is a brave act regardless it is base on intellegence or emotion.

3. Can't understand how we will get sued by SL for voicing out own expectation. No body harm language was used. I'm not a legal guy but it will be interesting to know if any lemon law, durian law, watermelon law will cover this.

4. So just keep our cool as if Kopi Kar Tai want to act, it is his democratic right to do so.

:spliff2:

jjtio
07-02-13, 11:33
I went down a couple of times to take a 'closer look'. Maybe it's not that bad like what bro Chestnut mentioned. With the pool up, it should look as good as it gets...:p :p :p

I'm leaving the decision in the hands of SL. I don't think they will want to do something to jeopardise their reputation which had been firmly etched in our soil here. :axekiller:

We should all calm down and take things in a much considerable manner. Bro Chestnut also has a unit over at CBTP. He has his experience with them and has kindly share his honest idea here.:sleep:

I hv decided to go with what SL has provided and let the matter rest. We should look forward to TOP by 4th quarter this year where an appointment with Santa has already been inscribed on the crystal blue walls. It's just months away with the New Year slithering around the corner...:D :D :D

Happy Lunar New Year to all my friends over at WV. Have a great and prosperous New Year!! Huat big time!! Our big '8' pool is to be water-filled soon with abundance of health, luck and wealth. Cheers all FEC!! :im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy::im-so-happy:

like!!! :):):)

thechoi
07-02-13, 11:43
To me, i just feel that Blue window, Blue wall, blue water reflection make people feel blue blue blue... Even though i stop making noise about it, at the present moment i still dont see the beauty of the color coordination.
If some of us feel sick looking at it, potential buyer might feel the same too...They have eyes too, so even if we keep quiet about the color, they might see the same as some of us.

But I am willing give the designer the benefit of doubt and to wait a few months for the blue to be wash off by the rain and shine ( wow we get blue building at TOP then a few months later without repainting, it will be a white building with a tiny tint of blue, isn't that great. But those who prefer blue might complain about why is the building turning white now...just joking).

SO, GOOD LUCK to all and Happy New Year...HUAT!!

jbtay
07-02-13, 12:56
Unless its in the S&P Agreement, there is no case for owners to pursue matter. And even if its in the S&P, it would still be unwise to take that route and definitely not for a matter such as "colour". In any case the S&P is written in such a manner (as far as the Specification of the Development is concerned) that it is way too general that its essentially a Seller's document, heavily weight in the Seller's favour. So the legal route is definitely out and will definitely not get support. Period.

And by the way, there are so many things in the common areas that belong to all of us, that we have no means of checking or verifying that they are in good order, not just at TOP or even the one year maintenance but should at least perform well for a reasonable number of years eg water pumps for the pool, etc etc which clearly is not specified in any detail in the S&P... so a lot depends on the Developer, professionalism of the Architect and the Engineer for the project and of course .... GOODWILL.

Practically, and to be fair, we cannot also truly say we have seen the end product. And I agree with both bros Kengar and Desquire. Give Design Link a chance, who knows some may like the end product when seen as a whole; some of course could still hate it .... well sorry, only recourse is to live with it until the next repainting ... and then the MC would still have to put it thru a vote for majority views; by then the blue would have faded quite a bit anyway.

Went for my exercise this morning, and the whole place is a ghost town ...ha ha complete shutdown for the CNY holidays...

So here's wishing all Waterviewers and fellow forummers Gong Xi Fa Chye, may the Water Snake (my year ha ha - going to collect my sr citizen's card soon) bring you peace, health, joy and prosperity all thru the year. ;):D:cool:

hsiensational
07-02-13, 18:03
I'm a owner and I have to say that as i drive by on my way to work everyday, I feel such a sense of pity that the architects tried to be overly creative with this crystal blue nonsense. What ever happened to classic clean lines and simplicity? Can you imagine how nice it would look in white (yes we can - the model at the showflat and the brochures!)?

"The blue will fade with time". Do you seriously believe that? Is paint manufactured to fade with time or to resist fading? Come on!:doh:

We are realistically left with not much choice. The paint has been ordered, delivered and there is no turning back. People can kick and scream all they want but there is no solid legal basis to turn this around. Those of us who think this blue is obiang can only sit by and hope that our fears are unfounded due to our inability to see beauty. I really hope I'm myopic here because I really do not like how it's turning out... I lament how nice it could have been if they had just stuck to the classic and simple white facade...

Everyday I go past WV and I'm elated to see the progress in the construction. I try to convince myself that the architects are visionary and that I am just old-fashioned... Then I look up and see the crystal blue on the facade and it makes me feel blue... I hope I'm completely wrong about this... sigh...

joycewangwen
07-02-13, 18:05
学华文,讲华文。

坦率的说,对目前的水轩坊(waterview)的外墙颜色,我既不喜欢,但也不非常痛恨,马马虎虎可以接受了。我投弃权票。:tongue3: :tongue3:

祝大家里蛇年快乐,财运滚滚,身体健康。:santana: :santana:

jbtay
07-02-13, 19:46
学华文,讲华文。

坦率的说,对目前的水轩坊(waterview)的外墙颜色,我既不喜欢,但也不非常痛恨,马马虎虎可以接受了。我投弃权票。:tongue3: :tongue3:

祝大家里蛇年快乐,财运滚滚,身体健康。:santana: :santana:

Ha ha, of course most including myself would prefer the white as its neutral. When you mix colours, can become very messy. But short of writing and informing SL our views, will just move on. As you mentioned, be happy and you'll enjoy living and good health ....I sympathise with all who feel strongly about this...:(

bakasa2002
07-02-13, 20:06
Hey guys, it is CNY soon ... Though I am not a WV owner, I feel that this project has lots of merits(well spaced out, right in front of reservoir, etc) and these are thing that can't be change. Colour wise, it will be good to look at the end product. A case in point is that when Clover By The Park was under construction, it didn't look particularly appealing (cos' i pass by there every week) but at the end of it, I think it does look better with the combination of windows colour, exterior facade and the surrondings. ;)

Colour can be change after 1st year if the MC and residents decided it is unbearable enough but the good price that you guys got it at is a winner! Celebrate and look forward to TOP and give the end product a chance. Just my :2cents: ...

waterviewer88
07-02-13, 21:23
Ha ha, of course most including myself would prefer the white as its neutral. When you mix colours, can become very messy. But short of writing and informing SL our views, will just move on. As you mentioned, be happy and you'll enjoy living and good health ....I sympathise with all who feel strongly about this...:(

Wise words indeed Mr.Tay! Have a happy and prosperous new year! :cheers4:

hsiensational
07-02-13, 22:00
Colour can be change after 1st year if the MC and residents decided it is unbearable enough but the good price that you guys got it at is a winner! Celebrate and look forward to TOP and give the end product a chance. Just my :2cents: ...

Not so easy; First a Management Committee has to be formed by the owners after the first full year of running with the developer acting as the Management Committee. For a major project like repainting the condo, the new Management Committee will have to do lots of legwork to get the majority of owners to agree to repaint the condo. An Extraordinary General Meeting may have to be convened to vote on this issue.

Then even if the vote is to re-paint, who in their right mind would support spending all that money to re-paint a 1-year old condo?? The developers should have got it right and according to the impressions and models in the first place! The funds for repainting would have to come from the maintenance or sinking fund of which we need to take about 5 years to build up - which is also why most condos do repainting only after 5-7 years and not after only 1 year!

Like I said, I just hope I'm just old fashioned and myopic.... sigh...

desquire
07-02-13, 22:03
Wise words indeed Mr.Tay! Have a happy and prosperous new year! :cheers4:
He's always the wise one. The advisor and the knowledgeable person in here. The judicious one with foresight. Thank you for enlightening us and always have a positive outlook in life. We shall wait and look at the completion eagerly.i reckon it will look good too. Hehe. :p :p :p

minami-san
08-02-13, 08:17
Happy Lunar New Year to all FEC!!! Yah, I am quite cool with the colour since it is something we can reverse in years to come. The location and the group of friendly FEC are all what matter most :)

IamSailing
08-02-13, 13:31
阖家幸福!恭喜发财!

procrastinator
08-02-13, 16:28
normally developer issue the keys to all the owners at the same time or give away the key separately depents which blocks done first.

procrastinator
08-02-13, 16:34
上联:巨龙腾飞驾祥云云彩夺目

下联:蛟蛇起舞逢吉春春光怡人

横批:龙飞蛇舞

Kengar
09-02-13, 08:15
I was at Tropica yesterday and caught the inside view of stack 10 and 11... The blend of mainly white and some blue is very nice, most of their balcony glass for these 2 stacks are up ... Altogether Very very nice. I hope they adopt this colour scheme through out.

On a side note, I scratched my car against the one of the narrow pillars at Tropica... Abit unluckily, hope this wraps up Dragon year for me.

Happy Lunar New Year to all! See ya in WV by next Lunar New Year!

desquire
09-02-13, 08:39
I was at Tropica yesterday and caught the inside view of stack 10 and 11... The blend of mainly white and some blue is very nice, most of their balcony glass for these 2 stacks are up ... Altogether Very very nice. I hope they adopt this colour scheme through out.

On a side note, I scratched my car against the one of the narrow pillars at Tropica... Abit unluckily, hope this wraps up Dragon year for me.

I was there at 830am earlier today look to hv a last fiery look before we slither in. Hahaha!! It looks nice bro. I think they're doing a fantastic job too. Some of the units with windows and balcony completed hv their interior done up and painted too. Cool!!

Bro maybe it's time to get a new car!! Hint hint. Hahahha!! Happy New Year All. It's the Water Snake@Waterview!! Watch your blue crystal!!:p :D

Eastguy
09-02-13, 09:03

Had a glimpse of the interior of stack 20, the hall n rooms very very small.

Shadus
09-02-13, 09:49

It is expected, only 110sqm, comes with 2 balconies.....

desquire
09-02-13, 10:00
The showroom unit was beefed-up in length and width in many areas including the balconies as well. I'm quite certain about this. They definitely appear more appealing but we will get quite a bit of a shock upon completion. It will be much smaller than what we've seen. :scared-3:

Eastguy
09-02-13, 10:18
The showroom unit was beefed-up in length and width in many areas including the balconies as well. I'm quite certain about this. They definitely appear more appealing but we will get quite a bit of a shock upon completion. It will be much smaller than what we've seen. :scared-3:

Yeah.... Bad bad bad... :-(((

Will take some nice pictures n update the progress soon.

Eastguy
11-02-13, 16:26
Hi Fellow FEC

Attached are pictures taken on 9th Feb 13.

Gong Xi Fa Cai :cheers5:

Patch6388
11-02-13, 19:39
Hi all, my account's finally got approved and I can post comments!
Anyone of you owning patio unit? Was wondering if we could build cabana style structures in my patio like our neighbors in Tropica Condo?

jbtay
11-02-13, 20:17
Hi Fellow FEC

Wow!! Lovely pics & looking good. You have been vy bz. Thank you. :D :cheers5:

Kenshinto80
11-02-13, 20:33
Awesome....the actual Waterview turning out even better than the original brochure....very nice modern clean cutting facade. Is that a picture of the main pool? It seems gigantic....superb! I think Sim Lian did a great job on this development.

Eastguy
11-02-13, 20:45
Awesome....the actual Waterview turning out even better than the original brochure....very nice modern clean cutting facade. Is that a picture of the main pool? It seems gigantic....superb! I think Sim Lian did a great job on this development.

Yep... That's the main pool :-)

joycewangwen
11-02-13, 21:22
Very good pics....The diameter of the main pool is said to be 50 meters. It looks huge!:D :D

It might also serve as a natural aircon for all WV blocks.:spliff: :spliff:

Nail
11-02-13, 21:50
those are great shots... hope to see some pictures of the smaller pool..like to know how it has progress since..

Invest
12-02-13, 00:50
Never invest in this project but I think fully white will be nicer in my views.blue like yucks.monday blues already sian,this gonna be everyday blues:rolleyes: I can imagine those buyers angry if for me I be pissed too.buying a white underwear but get home open up and I be surprise to see blue in colour:doh:I will feel so cheated.

Kenshinto80
12-02-13, 04:10
Never invest in this project but I think fully white will be nicer in my views.blue like yucks.monday blues already sian,this gonna be everyday blues:rolleyes: I can imagine those buyers angry if for me I be pissed too.buying a white underwear but get home open up and I be surprise to see blue in colour:doh:I will feel so cheated.
I beg to differ. I drove past Waterview site while visiting relatives. The blue seems nice and it stands out against the other buildings in the area.

kEN9170
12-02-13, 07:25
I beg to differ. I drove past Waterview site while visiting relatives. The blue seems nice and it stands out against the other buildings in the area.

I think blue is the latest trend. Lately, many hdbs are painted in blue. You can find them along TPE, Bedok North Ave 3, Telok Blangah, Clementi, hudc opposite Temasek Poly, etc....some are quite nice.

For private condo, I like blue horizon. ;)

gohbek
12-02-13, 08:11
Hi Fellow FEC

Thank you for all the nice photos...gong xi fa Cai!!!! Hoping for TOP soon :)

jbtay
12-02-13, 08:15
Yes, just did my walk today n yesterday. Once the window panes covering are removed n the frames are swamp with white, the sparse crystal blue does add depth n character to the building. Compare with the condo next to parkway parade which was earlier meant to be a hospital, the white condo does look like one, too pristine white imho. Our ugly duckling is going to turn out to be a lovely swan gliding gracefully in crystal blue waters. Overall going to look pretty with the ship deck clubhouse adding to the whole imagery. Can' t wait to move in. :cool:

waterview0314
12-02-13, 14:35
I think blue is the latest trend. Lately, many hdbs are painted in blue. You can find them along TPE, Bedok North Ave 3, Telok Blangah, Clementi, hudc opposite Temasek Poly, etc....some are quite nice.

So u must not be an owner of waterview cos
1) waterview developer present to buyers through model and brochures in showflat the outlook of the complex being white against the blue sky and sold 85+% of the units
2) those who like blue horizon condo or HDB would not have purchased waterview

The most important thing here is how developers can alter an outlook of a major construction without consulting its stake holders? what other things can be changed due to whatever reason they can come up with?

worried and angry waterview owner

waterviewer88
12-02-13, 15:19
Hi Fellow FEC

Nice pics! Thks. Turning out nicely:D

waterviewer88
12-02-13, 15:21
Yes, just did my walk today n yesterday. Once the window panes covering are removed n the frames are swamp with white, the sparse crystal blue does add depth n character to the building. Compare with the condo next to parkway parade which was earlier meant to be a hospital, the white condo does look like one, too pristine white imho. Our ugly duckling is going to turn out to be a lovely swan gliding gracefully in crystal blue waters. Overall going to look pretty with the ship deck clubhouse adding to the whole imagery. Can' t wait to move in. :cool:

Yes, agree. The removal of the window panes covers makes a lot of difference to the sparse crystal blue. The true picture is slowly emerging nicely:D

kEN9170
12-02-13, 16:05
So u must not be an owner of waterview cos
1) waterview developer present to buyers through model and brochures in showflat the outlook of the complex being white against the blue sky and sold 85+% of the units
2) those who like blue horizon condo or HDB would not have purchased waterview

The most important thing here is how developers can alter an outlook of a major construction without consulting its stake holders? what other things can be changed due to whatever reason they can come up with?

worried and angry waterview owner

My relative and one of my friend bot a unit there.
My relative love the blue but not my friend.

august
12-02-13, 16:26
blue not nice meh? like MBFC blue blue ~

kEN9170
12-02-13, 17:30

MBFC blue GLASS facade very nice. ;)

ridepinky
12-02-13, 18:13

I hope we don't fall to far from what was presented at showroom.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/e477a151-85c1-4814-b871-2bcffaa0cffd.jpg

Tripp
12-02-13, 19:19
You can get the actual measurements for your floor plans from BCA direct for a fee.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BuildingInfoPlans/request_copy_plans.html

kane
12-02-13, 21:16
wah, were those measurements taken in the showroom??

waterview0314
12-02-13, 21:55

blue is a color different than white, why would people who brought a white shirt , went home and say " wow, i am so happy the sales lady give me a blue shirt"
have anybody thought about that? are all those who say they love marina bay sands or blue horizon really buyers of waterview?

blue horizon and MBFC have all glass facing, waterview has painted walls. there is no comparison!

people shouldn't have to worry about the change will delay the top, cos developer don't want to delay getting the money from the bank.

Brochure and show flat is an advertisement to attract people who like what they saw and purchased accordingly. They trusted the developer and agent representation to what they see is what they get unless is labelled otherwise.

Invest
12-02-13, 22:56
Exactly,although white and blue I am fine cos I never bought here.for me,If i get back home to see shirt in blue I will be pissed and straight away I am very sure the next day will just go back to exchange unless is getting white but got another extra piece for free in blue then is diff case.colours is very important can't be ordering a BMW in white but collecting key they giving you a blue one saying it will look better in this model instead.crazy,it doesnt make sense unless they giving me back 20% refund back.I am sure anyone will reject for a car let alone a condominium.
blue is a color different than white, why would people who brought a white shirt , went home and say " wow, i am so happy the sales lady give me a blue shirt"
have anybody thought about that? are all those who say they love marina bay sands or blue horizon really buyers of waterview?

blue horizon and MBFC have all glass facing, waterview has painted walls. there is no comparison!

people shouldn't have to worry about the change will delay the top, cos developer don't want to delay getting the money from the bank.

Brochure and show flat is an advertisement to attract people who like what they saw and purchased accordingly. They trusted the developer and agent representation to what they see is what they get unless is labelled otherwise.

Invest
12-02-13, 23:05
For me,I already knew what happened and if I am investor looking for resale unit to buy I won't buy now cos seriously I think blue is UGLY.too HDB.unless seller selling me at super low price then I consider but again unless rental good if not why I buy a ugly place to make myself unhappy staying there.:doh:At least,I now knew and took note of the developer.

Invest
12-02-13, 23:18
Not too sure cos I never drive past to see.as through as you the buyer happy with it will be the most important.:cheers2:

jc_star
13-02-13, 04:36
I do not want the latest trend. I only know I bought and was sold a white facade Private Condo (PC) but the developer is delievering me a blue one without consultation.

I do not want the colours of HDB, EC or HUDC..... I bought a PC!!! :simmering:

desquire
13-02-13, 07:00

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/e477a151-85c1-4814-b871-2bcffaa0cffd.jpg

That's what I thought so too initially. Until I get the floorplan, use a ruler to measure, that's when I discovered that the rooms for example will be 320 X 250. The rest speaks for itself... That's probably why I felt that other showflat with the same 1130sqft felt much smaller than WV.

At first I though it was probably due to the extensive use of ID and layout maybe... I hope whatever I now think it will be will not come true. Else the place is really way too small to live in 'comfortably'.

I could be wrong on this. Maybe someone can correct me instead. Jbtay perhaps? Maybe I use the wrong scale? Is it so difficult to get the actual measurement from SL themselves?:confused: :confused: :confused:

** The showflat itself is already small. I cannot imagine it being smaller than that seriously...:confused: :confused: :confused:

desquire
13-02-13, 07:12

The master is 290 X 290 instead of 318 X 304. The balcony is 340 X 180 instead of 342 X 187. I'm can feel the butterfly flitting in my stomach again as much as I try to refrain from it.

This is bad for my nerves. Hope someone can tell me I'm wrong and have used a wrong scale of measurement before the butterfly reproduces. This is the most worrrying part!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Shadus
13-02-13, 08:54
This is quite demoralizing. Have you tried multiply these measurements to see if it adds up to 110sqm?

chmei
13-02-13, 09:06
Happy Chinese New Year dear neighbours!

Just yesterday, we made a detour just to visit Waterview and indeed slightly taken aback by the change in colour scheme. Though at first glance, the blue did look a little out of place but I think the completed project would look tranquil and charming nevertheless. It is the overall environment that we are purchasing ;) We brought our kids to the park a few times and the feel was PERFECT.

Regarding the concern about size of the units, I will not be surprised that unit will turn out to be smaller than the showflat. Marketing tricks do come into play in reality. But if we ever feel claustrophobic at home, there is always the pool side and the park at your doorstep :)

Once again. CAN'T WAIT to move iN!!!

hopeful
13-02-13, 09:18
The master is 290 X 290 instead of 318 X 304. The balcony is 340 X 180 instead of 342 X 187. I'm can feel the butterfly flitting in my stomach again as much as I try to refrain from it.

This is bad for my nerves. Hope someone can tell me I'm wrong and have used a wrong scale of measurement before the butterfly reproduces. This is the most worrrying part!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

1130sqft, tolerance 3% = 34sqft. at most 3sqm smaller only mah, why so much fuss?

desquire
13-02-13, 09:24
1130sqft, tolerance 3% = 34sqft. at most 3sqm smaller only mah, why so much fuss?

I'm not making a fuss over the 3% but more of a comparison between the actual unit and the showflat. I don't think it's just a 34sqft difference. Just need to know facts and figures.

If the place is so much smaller than what we see in the showflat then for me at least, this could be a problem. Might not be for others who can live in a smaller area. That's the main concern, again maybe it will not affect the rest. They probably are fine living in a smaller space and believeing that what they see is what they have purchased.

With colour already different and another different living space area... I'm wondering what's next... Does this happen to all developments. I'm a pure rookie in this. Maybe you can help enlighten us...:confused: :confused: :confused:

hopeful
13-02-13, 09:33
I'm not making a fuss over the 3% but more of a comparison between the actual unit and the showflat. I don't think it's just a 34sqft difference. Just need to know facts and figures.

If the place is so much smaller than what we see in the showflat then for me at least, this could be a problem. Might not be for others who can live in a smaller area. That's the main concern, again maybe it will not affect the rest. They probably are fine living in a smaller space and believeing that what they see is what they have purchased.

With colour already different and another different living space area... I'm wondering what's next... Does this happen to all developments. I'm a pure rookie in this. Maybe you can help enlighten us...:confused: :confused: :confused:
nothing you can do. have a few other forummers like laguna, actual unit received is not what she expected, like have wall or something.
also i pointed out sometime back, if you suspect something, do your own surveying.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=353175&postcount=67
always ask for actual surveyor report. developer only give you surveyor's fees.

Kengar
13-02-13, 11:09
I measured MBR to be 311 by 290 back then.

So off by 21cm on the length? :rolleyes:

desquire
13-02-13, 11:14
nothing you can do. have a few other forummers like laguna, actual unit received is not what she expected, like have wall or something.
also i pointed out sometime back, if you suspect something, do your own surveying.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=353175&postcount=67
always ask for actual surveyor report. developer only give you surveyor's fees.

Thnaks so much bro!! Appreciate it. :D

desquire
13-02-13, 11:27
I measured MBR to be 311 by 290 back then.

So off by 21cm on the length? :rolleyes:

How's your New Year? Hope you had a great time apart from the dragon scratch. :p

I should like to think not bro. I'm always pondering over this issue. 20cm here and there is quite a chunkful of cement actually. That means the whole area is compressed from the actual showflat.

Even those measurement recorded courtesy of Ridepinky points in that direction. Did you download the one given by SL. It's supposed to be in the correct scale. I'm making my judgement from there. Maybe some Mathematician can help us with this numbers otherwise. Jbtay perhaps.:) :) :)

hopeful
13-02-13, 11:47
How's your New Year? Hope you had a great time apart from the dragon scratch. :p

I should like to think not bro. I'm always pondering over this issue. 20cm here and there is quite a chunkful of cement actually. That means the whole area is compressed from the actual showflat.

Even those measurement recorded courtesy of Ridepinky points in that direction. Did you download the one given by SL. It's supposed to be in the correct scale. I'm making my judgement from there. Maybe some Mathematician can help us with this numbers otherwise. Jbtay perhaps.:) :) :)

you can try this. go to another showflat where it is not so crowded and agents have time to entertain you. you can ask for architecture/CAD drawings. usually they have.
as example. the building model at Martin Place Residence showflat show there is side window for the units at the mid-level sky garden, i am interested in that as it means i can peep at people dating at the sky garden.
i ask agent to reconfirm, if have side window overlooking sky garden, i will get the unit. so agent bring out architectural/cad drawings which shows that there is no window, so in the end, i get another unit.

Kengar
13-02-13, 12:14
Haha, so far so good except tiring. I plan to send the dragon scratch for a new "snake skin" spray.

Yes, I got the floor plan from SL for my C2 unit and did an overall comparison.

Most of the measurements are 10 to 20 cm shorter in the SL floor plan compared to my own measurements.

My guess is that the actual walls and beams will eat into the space. The walls in the showflat are definitely thinner.

desquire
13-02-13, 12:37
Haha, so far so good except tiring. I plan to send the dragon scratch for a new "snake skin" spray.

Yes, I got the floor plan from SL for my C2 unit and did an overall comparison.

Most of the measurements are 10 to 20 cm shorter in the SL floor plan compared to my own measurements.

My guess is that the actual walls and beams will eat into the space. The walls in the showflat are definitely thinner.
Arrgghhhh!!! That's the scary thing ain't it? Your car will look nice in the new skin. Consider spraying to green. :D :D :D

I think I must be more careful with people. Probably I trust people too much. So many this and that these days. Haiz...:(

jbtay
13-02-13, 12:41

Yes, Ridepinky's dimensions are generous. SL did a +3% I guess (or more)!.
Based on the C1 plan for 105 m2 or 1130 ft2, I did a blow-up to 1:50 for layout planning and took the measurements from there:
MBR 2900 x 2900
B2 2500 x 3200
B3 same as B2
Living + Dining (less the entrance area i.e. just take the rectangle 5400x3300
Space btw countertops in kitchen is only 950, AqBP is 1140, but 950 is manageable I guess, otherwise go for slimming classes !!
The bathrooms are reasonable sizes, in fact B2 is bigger than my AqBP and B1 is same (except AqBP has a bathtub which we dont use at all).
Front balcony 3400 x 1750
Back balcony 2800 x 1750
Both balconies too big and unless can find a way to stop the rain from coming in will have limited use other than for laundry .... Perhaps put 1 mahjong table each and rent out the space.....:D

jbtay
13-02-13, 12:46
Yes, by the way SL's plan work out to be a total of 102.3 m2 for C1 instead of 105 m2, which is 97.4%, still within the 3% :doh:

So, maybe showroom show us +3%, actual give -3%. 6% swing... that sort of thing wins elections.... and we are the suckers ....:eek:

jbtay
13-02-13, 12:52
Yes, by the way SL's plan work out to be a total of 102.3 m2 for C1 instead of 105 m2, which is 97.4%, still within the 3% :doh:

So, maybe showroom show us +3%, actual give -3%. 6% swing... that sort of thing wins elections.... and we are the suckers ....:eek:

For the total layout measurement, I simply measure 3 big rectangles and less out 2 smaller rectangles ... that way, all the walls, etc all taken in including windows thickness etc and including aircon ledges ... yes we pay for that too.

Kengar
13-02-13, 12:54
Looks like my neighbours will 'suffer" from me if I do the HDB style and start using the common areas outside the house for storage to reclaim the 3%.. muahahaha :D

jbtay
13-02-13, 13:09
For those whose unit layout is C1, I attach the original pdf of SL floorplan scale 1:100. Also the word doc for scale to 1:50.

If you want to enlarge to a bigger scale, just make sure that you scale up both sides correctly, use the MBR to verify as that is a square.

desquire
13-02-13, 14:45
Yes, Ridepinky's dimensions are generous. SL did a +3% I guess (or more)!.
Based on the C1 plan for 105 m2 or 1130 ft2, I did a blow-up to 1:50 for layout planning and took the measurements from there:
MBR 2900 x 2900
B2 2500 x 3200
B3 same as B2
Living + Dining (less the entrance area i.e. just take the rectangle 5400x3300
Space btw countertops in kitchen is only 950, AqBP is 1140, but 950 is manageable I guess, otherwise go for slimming classes !!
The bathrooms are reasonable sizes, in fact B2 is bigger than my AqBP and B1 is same (except AqBP has a bathtub which we dont use at all).
Front balcony 3400 x 1750
Back balcony 2800 x 1750
Both balconies too big and unless can find a way to stop the rain from coming in will have limited use other than for laundry .... Perhaps put 1 mahjong table each and rent out the space.....:D

Thanks our dearest Jbtay. I'm about to faint now!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tripp
13-02-13, 15:11
I think you should get the actual measurements of your unit type from SL (or BCA). The 1:100 scaled measurements will not be accurate.

With the actual measurements, you will be able to check whether there is a +/- 3% deviation from your actual unit (or showflat).

You will need it for your reno eventually.

waterview0314
13-02-13, 15:37
Hi all,

There may have been some posts to say that we may be A) over reacting or B) that we can vote to paint again in a couple of years.

A) Using the analogy of the car, I'd rather drive a red Ferrari than a light blue one. The context has to be put right.

B) If we repaint in a few years' time, it will be our cost and money taken from our sinking fund (if we have built up enough). If there's a "problem" now, it should be rectified now, sooner rather than later.

Now about the Architects response - i only read a generic reply to explain the choice of colour. It does not reassure me at all. They mentioned "...the decision was made after careful consideration on the latest trend and overall consistency to the colour scheme of a development located at the vicinity of Bedok Reservoir and Tampines Quarry Park"." The big question here is, did they do their ground work and actually walked the ground? Did they know there are HDB blocks with the same colour in the vicinity near Caltex station (Blk 891-893)?

The facts to-date is:

1) showflat model was white (we can all argue if there was a hint of blue in the white). But we all saw and perceived white.

2) some of us here are not happy about the choice of colours. Mind you, this is just us, maybe 20+ users. What if the rest of the 600+ owners find out about this? Will they object?

So, the situation today needs more discussion and possibly a meeting together with SL and DLA.

I am 110% agreed with you. Would SL call up a meeting together with all the concerned owners to discuss this matter further. Please provide me the contact number for the person in charge in SL. Thanks

Sam88
13-02-13, 15:43
I am 110% agreed with you. Would SL call up a meeting together with all the concerned owners to discuss this matter further. Please provide me the contact number for the person in charge in SL. Thanks

call the agent who sold u the property.

waterview0314
13-02-13, 16:10
I do not want the latest trend. I only know I bought and was sold a white facade Private Condo (PC) but the developer is delievering me a blue one without consultation.

I do not want the colours of HDB, EC or HUDC..... I bought a PC!!! :simmering:

I agreed your judgement.
If SL is a reputable developer, they would done the right thing, call for a general meeting and invite all buyers to vote, or at least, sent a letter to every owner to inform the change of the exterior wall color. It is very strange when SL spent so much effort to put up a show flat, brochure and model to sell the outlook and now because of this irresponsible action, which put the buyers in unnecessary stress.
If the change of color has indeed raise the value of WV, I have no issue to side with the change of the color, but there is no evidence of such change which would enhance its value. In fact, it is more likely decrease its potential value, because the blue paint on the exterior wall looks so much like the HDB along the TPE. I am overwhelmingly oppose the change.

waterview0314
13-02-13, 17:49
Reply as attached pl.
I just reviewed the letter replied by Design Link Architect pte LTD on 22 January 2013.
I was amazed at the wording presented by Mabel Goh to equate the facade of a building to that of fashion. People do change styles on fashion on a short time period, but building design is to last a much longer time, at least seven to ten years when the paint started to fade.
It scares me more when Mabel Goh said there may be some areas white and some area blue, it sounded exactly like the architect who loves HDB and does not realize it is a private condo.
Like I mentioned before, people do not change their views on purchases on a substantial investment like a home in comparison to dress fashion when someone may change ideas overnight.
Who authorizes Design Link the power to change?
Decisions such as this after sale should not based on trivial, last minute rims of emotion, but on substantiated, thorough investigation, consultation of customers and statistic for.........and only for.....the benefit of the customers.
Any other explanation is an insult to all customers of SL developer, and insult to the reputation of the developer and the integrity of the architect involved.

waterview0314
13-02-13, 18:06
I am very confused with all the issues on external paint. What I see is a gem in WaterView like what I saw in Clover by the Park.

Clover by the Park has a BIG PARK which is extended to out of the condo.

WaterView has a BIG PARK with RESERVOIR extended out of your condo. You huys are more interested in the paint than beauty of a reservoir and quarry view? With a VIEW many can only dream of????

Ok, I will lessen the pain for you guys... Who has a unit facing the reservoir will to let go to me.... Please do offer me at a reasonable price.... I BUY.

I understand your concerns but please look at the big picture.... You buy a sports car and you want it to sit 5 people or you looking at its sportiness.

I am very blur.... The end result is not out yet and all of you jump to a conclusion..... Please take a visit to Clover by the Park, Carabelle, Rochelle and you can have a look at what Sim Lian does. I really have to speak out because I also own a unit at WaterView.

Relax bros and sis, let the final result speak for itself... We still have 3 quarters to go. Dont get so hyped up. Have a beer:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Cheers
Of course, I can sell my unit whether it faces the reservoir or not, but the point is, at what price?
If I can get my unit for 1.3mil in its present state or I can get 1.5mil for the pure white version as I thought I had purchased. Who can be the judge?
Unless a thorough statistics and investigation to justify the change for the benefit of the customer, there is no rationale to change the color!
And if the market do not support the views of all the buyer who brought the original concept, we, the customers will sure carry the burden!

joycewangwen
13-02-13, 18:58
I think we need to worry more on the actual floor area after TOP than color...

I don't know why there is a tolerance of 3% error in total square feet number. definitely you will end up with -3%, that easily translated into over 30k $

忽悠money in a legal way just because lawyer duck-feed such text into the 'contract'??? Can we do something if we end up with -3% after TOP?:doh: :doh:

Correct me if I am wrong...

acidic.straw
13-02-13, 19:03
It is certainly disappointing to read in this thread that some people equate colors they do not like to HDB flats. This is certainly snobbery. If you don't like the color, take it up with the developer but do not make it into PC-vs-HDB class war. What is wrong with the colors of HDB flats? More to the point, what is wrong with you people? :simmering:

acidic.straw
13-02-13, 19:05

I don't know why there is a tolerance of 3% error in total square feet number. definitely you will end up with -3%, that easily translated into over 30k $

忽悠money in a legal way just because lawyer duck-feed such text into the 'contract'??? Can we do something if we end up with -3% after TOP?:doh: :doh:

The -3% is a tolerance allowed by law not contract. So there's nothing we can do except suck thumb:p

hsiensational
13-02-13, 19:11
I personally an not thrilled by "crystal blue" and would have much preferred the elegant simplicity of white. An earlier posting mentioned that there is supposed to be a crystal blue and white pattern. But when I approach the development from the Kaki Bukit viaduct, the only white parts look like the base-coat or undercoat. From what has been painted on other parts of the development, it looks like the whole thing will be painted crystal blue. :beats-me-man:

I think while those of us who do not like this "new" colour scheme, we have to get real and get a grip. First, we need to accept that for every one of us, there may be an equal number or more who actually like this colour scheme. Afterall, taste in these things is subjective.

Secondly, as others have pointed out, changing the colour right now is not a nice thing to do, but it is entirely within the rights of the developer. No need to hold a general meeting or anything because there is no Mgt Committee at this stage and there is no agreement in the Sales & Purchase agreement about the colour. The architect in charge could have been inspired by something and suggested it to the project manager and together, they could have thought this colour scheme was a great idea:doh: . Of course, the developer or architect could also have got a good deal on paint that nobody else wanted and decided that they were going to risk their reputations for monetary savings on this paint job.:(

I know where I stand and I have no choice but to grin and bear it, and hope that the architects and the developer are far more visionary that I give them credit for. :beats-me-man:

Sam88
13-02-13, 19:21
Of course, I can sell my unit whether it faces the reservoir or not, but the point is, at what price?
If I can get my unit for 1.3mil in its present state or I can get 1.5mil for the pure white version as I thought I had purchased. Who can be the judge?
Unless a thorough statistics and investigation to justify the change for the benefit of the customer, there is no rationale to change the color!
And if the market do not support the views of all the buyer who brought the original concept, we, the customers will sure carry the burden!

you complain here also useless. call your lawyer to check if you have a case. after all, you already paid for lawyer service. your frustration will have no ending unless you take the right action. call your lawyer to see if you have a case.

desquire
13-02-13, 19:27

I truly understand why some of us are losing our patience. To some maybe 1m is no big deal. To many of us here I think we sweat blood with a heavy loan to pay for our home. Like me, I gave my everything almost to buy this place.

Now I think not only colour, we're two down the spiral. Like Jb say, the place is boosted by a +3%. Goodness, I'm sure we can't be wrong on this. I managed to het the actual dimension of the showflat and plan for all my furniture to fit in. now i guess I hv to give up many things. even a single centimetre of length means a great lot to me.

The other issue I'm pondering over is why do such things happen? Isn't there some kind of protection for us also on our side? We buy what we see in colour and bricks. Now not only colour is different, size also confirmed and assured to be smaller than what we have seen.

It might sound like no big deal to others I'm sure. For common people like us who threw all we had into this, we're not sore loser and people who hv nothing better to do but just ramble on. It's more of an honesty in such thins. After all it costs a million bucks. Just my take. I guess I'll just rest my case for now. Else more depressing. :(

joycewangwen
13-02-13, 19:32
The -3% is a tolerance allowed by law not contract. So there's nothing we can do except suck thumb:p

I don't know which genius come out this law, seems people can do nothing but to accept such twisted logic.:D :D . At least there should be something to protect us customers like this: 'if area is short of 1%, the developer will compensate 1% back after TOP; if more than 1%, developer answer for themselves because they build it'. Right?:tongue3:

We are living in a world famous island renowned for law and order, so next time I will remind my friend: when you buy a condo, the price you pay will be discounted by 3% by default after TOP.:spliff: :spliff:

acidic.straw
13-02-13, 19:39
It scares me more when Mabel Goh said there may be some areas white and some area blue, it sounded exactly like the architect who loves HDB and does not realize it is a private condo.....

Don't understand your argument. What has HDB got anything to do with it?

ridepinky
13-02-13, 20:46
Similar hue of blue from a near by block, not too far from WV.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/DoorplusHandrails-1.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/PowerRoom.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/HandRails.jpg

acidic.straw
13-02-13, 20:56
And your point is?:beats-me-man:

Similar hue of blue from a near by block, not too far from WV.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/DoorplusHandrails-1.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/PowerRoom.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/ridepinky/HandRails.jpg

ridepinky
13-02-13, 21:19

We can't fault those who relates the color scheme to the surrounding HDBs. There is some truth in that.

My preferences goes to the white outlook represented by the models at the showroom.

Being shortchange on the actual floor area is not a new topic, but colors of the facade?

acidic.straw
13-02-13, 21:48
We can't fault those who relates the color scheme to the surrounding HDBs. There is some truth in that.

My preferences goes to the white outlook represented by the models at the showroom.

Being shortchange on the actual floor area is not a new topic, but colors of the facade?

So becos HDB has the same color you dont want to be associated with it? If it is the same color as tropica, would you be similarly affected? If you dont like the color per se, that's fine as color preference is subjective. But when people start criticising the color becos HDB also uses the same color, then it's a different matter altogether dont you think?

august
13-02-13, 22:22

maybe bcos sim lian is a HDB builder, and so re-use the same paint? :scared-2:

kane
13-02-13, 22:35
maybe bcos sim lian is a HDB builder, and so re-use the same paint? :scared-2:

They can't be that cheapo lah... that would be inexcusable.

hopeful
13-02-13, 22:38
They can't be that cheapo lah... that would be inexcusable.

why not. bulk purchase is cheaper. i think some have commented feo bulk buy their marble. hence the marble in feo projects are similar.

kane
13-02-13, 22:42
why not. bulk purchase is cheaper. i think some have commented feo bulk buy their marble. hence the marble in feo projects are similar.

Bulk buy marble at least nothing to say. Cos people mostly get homo tiles nowadays. Exterior paint is something so basic, if they were trying to save on this, that would be tearing up their own brand they built up after clover. Let's see if they will apply this blue to treasure trove or any of their other upcoming projects.

Invest
14-02-13, 00:08
Looking at the above HDB corridor pictures,it really gave me an impression it looked like HDB of the blue and white :confused: Maybe the EC nearby will look so much better than it.Luckily,I never throw money in this project if not I will so stressed and vexed.hard earned money buying something ugly and so much issues:doh:

Sam88
14-02-13, 05:57
Looking at the above HDB corridor pictures,it really gave me an impression it looked like HDB of the blue and white :confused: Maybe the EC nearby will look so much better than it.Luckily,I never throw money in this project if not I will so stressed and vexed.hard earned money buying something ugly and so much issues:doh:

why stressed? your nick say invest - apparently u are not an investor. investors think with brains, not emotions. look at squarefoot.com - those who bot already made money :doh:

i cannot believe an investor is bothered by colour.:eek:

iknow
14-02-13, 06:22
Bulk buy marble at least nothing to say. Cos people mostly get homo tiles nowadays. Exterior paint is something so basic, if they were trying to save on this, that would be tearing up their own brand they built up after clover. Let's see if they will apply this blue to treasure trove or any of their other upcoming projects.

treasure trove should be white external walls...extract from another forum...

A Treasure Trove features two-bedroom, 2 plus study, three-bedroom, 3 plus study and four-bedroom units to luxurious single level penthouses of seven bedrooms.

The design philosophy for A Treasure Trove is simplicity with contemporary elegance. To exemplify this concept, the exterior walls of the development are washed white with blue glass fenestrations to reflect purity and style.
Sim Lian Group is also integrating a historic bungalow as part of the development of A Treasure Trove. The conservation bungalow will undergo a facelift to become a clubhouse with facilities such as the function room, reading room, lounge and a gymnasium. Its distinctive architecture features entrances on both sides of the main building, raised floors, timber lattice, louvered windows and transoms to allow cross breezes within the building.

jbtay
14-02-13, 08:05
I have no regrets. WV is a pretty good deal by far. Design Link was also the architect for AqbP. Though SL was not the Developer, it was Bedok Land, SL was the main con. At AqbP for 11 yrs. No complaints. Incidentally, the roof tops of AqbP has a slightly darker blue, gives character to the development. As Acidic Straw mentioned, colours can be a very subjective thing. Those in this forum invested in WV, maybe 40 at most, even if all don't like the colour scheme, thats less than 6% of the 696 owners.
As for association with HDB, I have lots of friends and relatives moving out from PCs and semi-Ds into HDBs, and monetize their assets for retirement.
HDBs have whole array of facilities, kopitiams, etc, etc...so convenient and if one do up the internal space which can even be bigger than PCs, you wouldn't even notice the outside facade, not that its not presentable. Anyway, each has their own taste and preference. :cool:

Shadus
14-02-13, 08:19
I think it will be good if we all exercise some restrain and not bring our frustrations to the forum here. It doesn't help in any ways. If possible, do bring it to the developers and see if they are willing to do something. So point argue here what the law says or what it doesn't say. Keep things cordial here

Moreover its CNY! Don't start the year feeling unhappy! :)

atta
14-02-13, 10:51
It is certainly disappointing to read in this thread that some people equate colors they do not like to HDB flats. This is certainly snobbery. If you don't like the color, take it up with the developer but do not make it into PC-vs-HDB class war. What is wrong with the colors of HDB flats? More to the point, what is wrong with you people? :simmering:

Where is the like button? Hee hee

leesg123
14-02-13, 12:03
This is the near by HDB that has a new coat of paint, same blue?
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4154/20130214114156.jpg

august
14-02-13, 12:09
good grief... :eek:

hsiensational
14-02-13, 13:04
This is the near by HDB that has a new coat of paint, same blue?
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4154/20130214114156.jpg

Maybe the architects got their inspiration from this block! :beats-me-man: .

desquire
14-02-13, 13:07
The HDB block is nicely painted. Funny right guys. A few HDB blocks in blue people compare the HDB to a private condo. Even more HDB in white and most of the private condominiums in white. How come no one compare these white buildings with that of HDB?

Weird isn't it? Hmmm...:confused:

minami-san
14-02-13, 13:27
The HDB block is nicely painted. Funny right guys. A few HDB blocks in blue people compare the HDB to a private condo. Even more HDB in white and most of the private condominiums in white. How come no one compare these white buildings with that of HDB?

Well said!

joycewangwen
14-02-13, 14:32
I m more concerned about the tiny space after obtaining the in scale floor Plan from SL. The guess rooms are not even 9m2, how to stay?:doh:

fclim
14-02-13, 14:41

Cos only Singapore HDBs got this kind of "unique" colour scheme?:beats-me-man:

White is more universally accepted. Even Istana is white wat...

But, I must qualify that some HDB flats have got good colour schemes, esp those around Buangkok MRT.

This has been discussed in other forums before...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/why-do-some-hdb-blocks-have-such-hideous-exterior-color-schemes-3142187.html

Justin3
14-02-13, 14:55

Hi, All FEC

From above given detail size, I have done a detail calculation, the total area is 96.33 m2

Attached is the Microsoft XL worksheet.

I remembered what stated in the S&P is 1130 sqf = 105 m2, right?

I hope my calcuation is wrong.

Sorry, can't upload XL file, only pdf is attached.

iknow
14-02-13, 15:45
Hi, All FEC

From above given detail size, I have done a detail calculation, the total area is 96.33 m2

any idea does their newly completed clover by the park has any issues with the completed floor areas?

desquire
14-02-13, 15:46
I m more concerned about the tiny space after obtaining the in scale floor Plan from SL. The guess rooms are not even 9m2, how to stay?:doh:
True this is a much bigger headache than colour. The crystal blue doesn't remind of of HDB but hospital. I can't relate it but somehow the word 'hospital' kept flashing in my mind thinking of the blue.

There's this apartment in Bugis which have the same effect on me. It reminds me of Gotham City our black knight resides in. I can't remember the building but I love it. Really magical feeling. Very very peaceful and serene.

I guess the size is more of a spinner...:cheers6:

leesg123
14-02-13, 16:01
AC ledge got calculate inside or not. Also the rubbish chute hole leh.
Hi, All FEC

Shadus
14-02-13, 16:07
Yes, AC ledge must include in the calculation.

Justin3
14-02-13, 16:15
Hi, All FEC

AC ledge is already included, but the Rubish Chute is not as there is not size given in the drawing.

May be we not need to worry as finally we will have surveyor show us the total area = 105 m2, other wise we will get compensation from SL.

I believe the show room is not accurate.

But interesting thing is where is the area SL will increase?

MBR, BR, or AC ledge?

joycewangwen
14-02-13, 16:59
it's based on 1:100 floor plan

overall i get 107.54m2 vs 110m2(brochure), which is 2.46m2 lesser than what they charged me even though it's still within 3%:mad:

then i added up all the usable space (ie by exclusing the thickness of the walls, etc), the space shrink further, total only 103.86m2

considering to put the dinning table on balcony, space saving advice is really needed:doh:

zeamybro
14-02-13, 17:13
AC ledge is already included, but the Rubish Chute is not as there is not size given in the drawing.

May be we not need to worry as finally we will have surveyor show us the total area = 105 m2, other wise we will get compensation from SL.

MBR, BR, or AC ledge?

Did u include the walk-in wardrobe section? Think easily another 3.5sqm?

The MBR is actually not too small considering there is the walk-in wardrobe section, while the square can be used to entirely house the bed and probably squeeze in some side or dressing tables

zeamybro
14-02-13, 17:16
it's based on 1:100 floor plan

overall i get 107.54m2 vs 110m2(brochure), which is 2.46m2 lesser than what they charged me even though it's still within 3%:mad:

then i added up all the usable space (ie by exclusing the thickness of the walls, etc), the space shrink further, total only 103.86m2

considering to put the dinning table on balcony, space saving advice is really needed:doh:

Haha I have a funny idea of whacking off the wc and convert the yard and rear balcony to a dining area :ashamed1:

desquire
14-02-13, 17:24
Haha I have a funny idea of whacking off the wc and convert the yard and rear balcony to a dining area :ashamed1:
I think your idea is a genius!!! I've already converted the WC into another storage room minus the doors. Hehehe. :)

joycewangwen
14-02-13, 18:08
I had this idea also and have requested SL it omit the toilet. However one of the toilet wall is structure wall, can't be removed.

Justin3
14-02-13, 20:46
Did u include the walk-in wardrobe section? Think easily another 3.5sqm?

The MBR is actually not too small considering there is the walk-in wardrobe section, while the square can be used to entirely house the bed and probably squeeze in some side or dressing tables

Do you mean the wardrobe opp of bath 1? Yes, it is included.
How to get 105 m2 is really a question. Shall we include the wall? Anyone had experience?

electron
14-02-13, 21:00
There's this apartment in Bugis which have the same effect on me. It reminds me of Gotham City our black knight resides in. I can't remember the building but I love it. Really magical feeling. Very very peaceful and serene.

I guess the size is more of a spinner...:cheers6:

Parkview Square? The one done in art deco style.

hopeful
14-02-13, 21:37

MBR, BR, or AC ledge?

most logical and simplest is AC ledge, make it wider.

side note: if AC ledge wider more than 50cm, then it is no longer free GFA to the developer, and entire AC ledge (not only the part exceeding 50cm width) will be considered as GFA.

desquire
14-02-13, 21:55
Parkview Square? The one done in art deco style.
Yup that's the one. Very nice building. I haven't seen anything majestic like that. It's really nice... I simply love it... Each time I walk past, I would stare at it in admiration. The mini-Gotham City right here in the smack of Bugis!!!:p

Kopi Kar Tai
14-02-13, 22:17
Hi all,

I have last spoken to Shirley and Designlink.
My suggestion to them is to reach a win-win amicable solution for all parties: More white, less blue. i.e. 70% white, 30% blue. I quoted Clover By the Park as a good example. One glance and most pple can tell it is mostly white with some green.
Also, for them to consider on holding a briefing session with us owners. Not to vote colours but rather, to show us a visual mockup to bring down our fears and stress.

They are considering and I have given them the deadline of 25 Feb 13.
If I do not receive a reply, I will approach the media for live interview.
Sorry, but I have spent so much time, effort and $. This is not something I can stomach.

(...SL, Kopi Kar Tai, ho lim bo?) :witches-brew:

Invest
14-02-13, 22:28
why stressed? your nick say invest - apparently u are not an investor. investors think with brains, not emotions. look at squarefoot.com - those who bot already made money :doh:

i cannot believe an investor is bothered by colour.:eek:
I guess you not an investor.it doesn't mean investor will buy somewhere without looking at the model and brochure.investor buy with brain plus emotion.i dun believe will buy something without liking the place.doesnt make sense.have to like it then buy it for property investment unless stocks then it doesn't have to come with emotions.

kane
14-02-13, 22:33
Hi all,

My suggestion to them is to reach a win-win amicable solution for all parties: More white, less blue. i.e. 70% white, 30% blue. I quoted Clover By the Park as a good example. One glance and most pple can tell it is mostly white with some green.
Also, for them to consider on holding a briefing session with us owners. Not to vote colours but rather, to show us a visual mockup to bring down our fears and stress.

Sorry, but I have spent so much time, effort and $. This is not something I can stomach.

i didn't realise clover had a shade of green about it despite driving past that area on many occasions.

Sam88
14-02-13, 22:37
I guess you not an investor.it doesn't mean investor will buy somewhere without looking at the model and brochure.investor buy with brain plus emotion.i dun believe will buy something without liking the place.doesnt make sense.have to like it then buy it for property investment unless stocks then it doesn't have to come with emotions.

yup, I have ever bot a unit without going in to look inside the unit.

kane
14-02-13, 22:49
yup, I have ever bot a unit without going in to look inside the unit.

the price must have been fantastically cheap?

Kengar
14-02-13, 23:24
Hi KKT

Thanks for all your efforts in trying to help us get SL/DL's attention to address our concerns. I am sure alot of us here appreciate your initiatives. At least we (you) have taken a proactive first step to open a forum and opportunity to allow SL/DL to explain further. Hope this will progress amicably and positively for all parties.

Cheers! :D

Hi all,

Sam88
15-02-13, 07:44
the price must have been fantastically cheap?

you can sort of say that. this was during start of cm where they implemented 1 yr ssd. no emotions at all. sold recently for a nice profit. my theory is no emotions in investments and no looking back with regrets. so long as can make money.

don't quite understand why people can mix emo into investment. not staying in the house, so no emo.

zeamybro
15-02-13, 08:21
you can sort of say that. this was during start of cm where they implemented 1 yr ssd. no emotions at all. sold recently for a nice profit. my theory is no emotions in investments and no looking back with regrets. so long as can make money.

don't quite understand why people can mix emo into investment. not staying in the house, so no emo.

Yeps, I agree with you to some extent that we should not mix emo with investment. This is why i got rather amused when i learn of folks (investors) going down to showflats and start comparing the tiles (homo vs marble), when they should focus more on critical factors like location and other growth potentials..

But i guess many WViewers bought for own stay, so the colour scheme would be very important to them. There will also be a handful of investors who feel that they must like and feel comfortable with the house first before they invest, as high chance their potential tenants/buyers will think likewise.

To each his own, no need to prove one another wrong =)

desquire
15-02-13, 08:28
Yeps, I agree with you to some extent that we should not mix emo with investment. This is why i got rather amused when i learn of folks (investors) going down to showflats and start comparing the tiles (homo vs marble), when they should focus more on critical factors like location and other growth potentials..

But i guess many WViewers bought for own stay, so the colour scheme would be very important to them. There will also be a handful of investors who feel that they must like and feel comfortable with the house first before they invest, as high chance their potential tenants/buyers will think likewise.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2012/08/likeage.jpeg

waterview0314
15-02-13, 11:24

We have been talking about colors all these time, I am wonder what event really trigger Design Link to make the change. I have three scenarios

First scenario, One pretty afternoon, a lovely child picks up the WV brochure and talks to a doting grandfather and says blue...blue, I love blue... and the doting grandfathers says, so blue is the chosen color from my dearest sweet sugar pie.... And so our WV facade turns from white to blue.

Second scenario, a sales lady who packed a white shirt that a customer paid for in layaway decided "out of boredom" to change it into blue because she has nothing else better to do in the store. But in reality, she has gotten the shirts mixed up and tried to cover up her mistake by emphasizing to the customer the fashion trend and beauty of the blue shirt.

Third scenario, someone form the organization orders the wrong paint, or the white paint was temporary risen in price or temporary out of stock, so someone decided to use the architect or artist impression to manipulate the change to supposedly save the company a few bucks.

In fact, company just don't have the time to make any changes to architectural drawings "after sale", because it causes time and money to pay architect to change such specifications. But it may still cost less than an "order mistake" or "sudden rise" in cost of paint. So for architects to suddenly change color to meet the current trend after sale is absurd!

As a responsible developer, mark up for unexpected rise in material cost should be factored into the total expense of the development, and cost of certain things should have been settled when subcontractors are used. And insurance of such matters should be in place.

Why I come up with these scenarios and which one makes more sense?

The point of contention is not about the PAINT, it is the way buyers are being treated like a child or an idiot. The worry about what else may changes without inform us is real. A lot of us save our whole lives to make the purchase of our dream house. What other cover ups may surface after TOP that will require money to correct?

Are banks who lent money for the buyers have no say in such matters?

Is Better Business Bureau in Singapore not care about this?

Do MP in the neighborhood watch things like this?

A long drawn out court case may happen if the value of WV at resale down the road is less than that of the EC which sits behind us.

It is much cheaper to reverse back to the original outlook than to risk future headaches down the road. Only attorneys will benefit in a court battlefield.

For SL, it is like save a penny and lost a shirt.

waterview0314
15-02-13, 11:58
Hi all,

Dear Kar Tai;
Thanks for spending time to communicate with SL and DesignLink. You have my backing and for those with the like mind.

Sam88
15-02-13, 14:36

agree. i was responding to post from invest. don't know why he gets emo about buying properties for investment.

as for those who bot for staying, no comments. its their prerogative.

Echelon
15-02-13, 22:21
Maybe......because get keys this year, blue is a good color....??? I do notice blue is the color at several visitation. :o

jc_star
16-02-13, 06:40
Thank you very much, Kopi Kat Tai, for your initiative.

I think it is not right :tsk-tsk: to get away with such a great deviation in facade colour without informing, and expecting the buyers to just accept it. It is not a tint of blue now, more of a tiny tint of white.

My point is, my condo do not look like a condo now with this chnage of paint. I just want my condo to look like the one they presented to me on the selling brochure....simply put....the white facade.

And I also wonder about those who say there are white hdbs in Singapore. ANY photos to share? .....

Hi all,

Justin3
16-02-13, 11:04
Hi all,

I fully support you, thank you very much

zeamybro
16-02-13, 12:31
Ok la, doesn't really look like HDB, but still find the original white nicer

http://i45.tinypic.com/ei0fbq.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u6mp2h.jpg

willow
16-02-13, 13:31
Ok la, doesn't really look like HDB, but still find the original white nicer

http://i45.tinypic.com/ei0fbq.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u6mp2h.jpg

WV owners, if you don't mind an independent opinion ...... OMG!

4wheels
16-02-13, 14:24
Based on the pictures posted, it is the right color wrt brochure and model. They need to paint the frame of the glass panel white. That will match the model, isn't it?

Shadus
16-02-13, 22:39
Based on the pictures posted, it is the right color wrt brochure and model. They need to paint the frame of the glass panel white. That will match the model, isn't it?

If i'm not wrong, my guess is the frame is aluminium color. What you see are protective tapes

Invest
16-02-13, 23:49
agree. i was responding to post from invest. don't know why he gets emo about buying properties for investment.

as for those who bot for staying, no comments. its their prerogative.
I am those kind of buyer who buy only if I like the place.i do not have a permanent place and usually I will stay at the new condo for 1 or 2 years and i will move to a new condo either renting or sell away the existing one so I have to like the place before getting one.some people buy for permanent stay so have to like it and some people buy purely to sell off when TOP so the game I playing is abit different.i have moved more than 7 times in total.

kEN9170
17-02-13, 10:42
Thank you very much, Kopi Kat Tai, for your initiative.

I think it is not right :tsk-tsk: to get away with such a great deviation in facade colour without informing, and expecting the buyers to just accept it. It is not a tint of blue now, more of a tiny tint of white.

My point is, my condo do not look like a condo now with this chnage of paint. I just want my condo to look like the one they presented to me on the selling brochure....simply put....the white facade.

And I also wonder about those who say there are white hdbs in Singapore. ANY photos to share? .....

White DBSS Park Central @ AMK?

forestfire
17-02-13, 12:47
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww15/MLZT/77ea196092138_1_V550.jpg

kane
17-02-13, 12:58
I am those kind of buyer who buy only if I like the place.i do not have a permanent place and usually I will stay at the new condo for 1 or 2 years and i will move to a new condo either renting or sell away the existing one so I have to like the place before getting one.some people buy for permanent stay so have to like it and some people buy purely to sell off when TOP so the game I playing is abit different.i have moved more than 7 times in total.

You have kids??