PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

McKinnon
22-01-11, 13:00
abt the same as my clearwater la, and less jammed too. :)

very hard to direct access to this condo using public transport

desquire
22-01-11, 13:04
nope all my picks were gone when i went down.. may look at subsale nearer top. :)
I wanted to get the reservoir stack too but most were taken up the same week it was launched. So I decided to settle for both the pool n pocket reservoir view instead.

I'm sure you'll get shops deal when the time comes...:D

McKinnon
22-01-11, 13:35
slowly byo, i've got pool and reservoir view now so no hurry. :)

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/view-1.jpg

I wanted to get the reservoir stack too but most were taken up the same week it was launched. So I decided to settle for both the pool n pocket reservoir view instead.

I'm sure you'll get shops deal when the time comes...:D

desquire
22-01-11, 14:21

Oh my!!! Majestic view!!! That's very beautiful. I went for stack 42 bro. Guess the view is probably close to that.

It's like a picture painting. Nice!!:D

McKinnon
22-01-11, 18:14
stack 42's view should be similar. welcome to the neighbourhood bro :D

Oh my!!! Majestic view!!! That's very beautiful. I went for stack 42 bro. Guess the view is probably close to that.

It's like a picture painting. Nice!!:D

desquire
22-01-11, 18:24
stack 42's view should be similar. welcome to the neighbourhood bro :D

Simply breathtaking!:)

Been in this neighborhood since I was ten yrs old. Stayed with my parents for 17yrs at street 12, 3mins to century sq and all the malls and MRT.

Got married n made my way to the other side at street 71, 2min to UWC. I've resided here for 10yrs now. Few years down the road it will be 1min to the reservoir. Haha.

Life as it changes... As we move with the flow...:D

**Btw which level is the view from your place bro if you don't mind. It's nice cause things can be seen nice and clear. Too high usually see 'ants' only. Your camera seems to be capturing well. Must b a good camera! Tks for the pic :D

McKinnon
22-01-11, 18:31
11th floor. previously 7th floor's view was like this :D

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/view.jpg

Simply breathtaking!:)

Been in this neighborhood since I was ten yrs old. Stayed with my parents for 17yrs at street 12, 3mins to century sq and all the malls and MRT.

Got married n made my way to the other side at street 71, 2min to UWC. I've resided here for 10yrs now. Few years down the road it will be 1min to the reservoir. Haha.

Life as it changes... As we move with the flow...:D

**Btw which level is the view from your place bro if you don't mind. It's nice cause things can be seen nice and clear. Too high usually see 'ants' only. Your camera seems to be capturing well. Must b a good camera! Tks for the pic :D

Kengar
22-01-11, 18:32
Cool is this view at least from 10th floor?

desquire
22-01-11, 18:43
11th floor. previously 7th floor's view was like this :D

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/view.jpg

Oh my. Being someone not too fussy I guess both hv nice superb view. Gosh, v nice. I hooted the 9th floor, not too bad lah I think. Same area as what you hv targeted too at 1130. Decent but can't beat my 5i HDB for sure.

Prefer to buy layout which I can see and feel but then again, the end product can always be tweaked n create surprises for buyers like us. But what choice to we hv. Just hv to view, grab, go and wait till the keys reach our sweaty palms.

How many units do you hv over at tropica bro? Still holding on to two? Both hv very nice views. Views to a "kill" :D

Kengar
22-01-11, 18:45
So many 5 year plans announced across the island for East Coast, Tampines and Jurong Lake etc. Looks like the Govt is out to win the hearts everywhere.

McKinnon
22-01-11, 18:53
9th floor will be just nice w good balance between pool and reservoir view. :)

Oh my. Being someone not too fussy I guess both hv nice superb view. Gosh, v nice. I hooted the 9th floor, not too bad lah I think. Same area as what you hv targeted too at 1130. Decent but can't beat my 5i HDB for sure.

Prefer to buy layout which I can see and feel but then again, the end product can always be tweaked n create surprises for buyers like us. But what choice to we hv. Just hv to view, grab, go and wait till the keys reach our sweaty palms.

How many units do you hv over at tropica bro? Still holding on to two? Both hv very nice views. Views to a "kill" :D

desquire
22-01-11, 18:55
So many 5 year plans announced across the island for East Coast, Tampines and Jurong Lake etc. Looks like the Govt is out to win the hearts everywhere.

Elections around the corner. With more plans we can walk to Giant together and buy a bicycle to cycle straight down to East Coast Park. Heard that it will b connected to Bedok Reservoir. Not sure if it's the reservoir opposite our future place.

Btw the agent told me thet there will b a connector to the park from the back door-via the BBQ n Alfresco dining. If hv then tt will b gd else. We can take a little detour over the main road pathway. An additional of 3mins. Haha. :D

desquire
22-01-11, 19:01
9th floor will be just nice w good balance between pool and reservoir view. :)

About right time to enjoy a little aft all the stress and hard work bro. Life is short. We hv to play real hard and 'feel' while we can.

Else, when we're gone. We only hv $$$ which we nvr hv the chance to use but hv been working for almost all our lives.

1130 is alright. Win some, lose some and b happy. Your Tropica is a Gem!:D

McKinnon
22-01-11, 19:04
who is 1130? :beats-me-man:

About right time to enjoy a little aft all the stress and hard work bro. Life is short. We hv to play real hard and 'feel' while we can.

Else, when we're gone. We only hv $$$ which we nvr hv the chance to use but hv been working for almost all our lives.

1130 is alright. Win some, lose some and b happy. Your Tropica is a Gem!:D

desquire
22-01-11, 19:12
who is 1130? :beats-me-man:
Kekekekeke.. The size for the 3 bedder over at Waterview. I better check today's 4D. Maybe I'm indirectly giving tips. Haha. :scared-4:

McKinnon
22-01-11, 19:22
oic. the size is fine due to the squarish layout dun worry :D

Kekekekeke.. The size for the 3 bedder over at Waterview. I better check today's 4D. Maybe I'm indirectly giving tips. Haha. :scared-4:

hycondo
22-01-11, 19:22
Elections around the corner. With more plans we can walk to Giant together and buy a bicycle to cycle straight down to East Coast Park. Heard that it will b connected to Bedok Reservoir. Not sure if it's the reservoir opposite our future place.

Btw the agent told me thet there will b a connector to the park from the back door-via the BBQ n Alfresco dining. If hv then tt will b gd else. We can take a little detour over the main road pathway. An additional of 3mins. Haha. :D
It is already connected. I mean the cycling park connector is already in place.

McKinnon
22-01-11, 19:31
view from my daughter's loft to excite your 3 year wait :D

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/loftview.jpg

desquire
22-01-11, 19:58
view from my daughter's loft to excite your 3 year wait :D

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/loftview.jpg
Haha. Just look at how relaxed she is. Maybe one of these days can go kopi and hop over your place for a "preview". Hehe. Tks for the picture yet again bro. It's a beauty. Wow! :)

desquire
22-01-11, 23:27
It is already connected. I mean the cycling park connector is already in place.

Oh... I didn't know it is already in place. This means that there's a proper pathway already constructed for us to cycle from Bedok reservoir all the way to East Coast??? That's great!;)

hycondo
23-01-11, 16:01
Oh... I didn't know it is already in place. This means that there's a proper pathway already constructed for us to cycle from Bedok reservoir all the way to East Coast??? That's great!;)
In fact, you can ride from Bedok reservoir to East Coast Park to Changi Point to Pasir Ris Park and back to Bedok Reservoir, some 40km using these park connector.

desquire
23-01-11, 16:48
In fact, you can ride from Bedok reservoir to East Coast Park to Changi Point to Pasir Ris Park and back to Bedok Reservoir, some 40km using these park connector.

Now i know. Thank you for enlightening us bro. Gosh... blur me as usual.. hehe.:)

McKinnon
23-01-11, 19:11
you can jio sister eastlover go connector biking now :D

Now i know. Thank you for enlightening us bro. Gosh... blur me as usual.. hehe.:)

desquire
23-01-11, 19:39
Haha. I'm enjoying the comfort of my bed before going through Monday blues in a few hours time.

Shall rent my daughter's bike one of these days. Maybe we can all cycle together. Haven't been on the two wheeler for years!!!:scared-4:

East Lover
25-01-11, 08:21
hahaha. anyone wanna to jog at bedok reservior, welcome to join us! in fact, more and more ppl exercise nowadays. sometimes we went to reservior after 9:30 PM, still got a lot of ppl running, walking... so cut down your bedtime, spend some outdoor lah:p

We tried some new route last night - from Tropica to Beilin wall, then walk along the bedok reservior road to Tampines Ave 1 (along TP). almost 1 hour!

btw, i noticed there is a big plot between TP and bedok reservior road. if new condo, surely can be sold out as hot cake - south facing reservior, next to tampines west MRT station, and have a lot of bus stops can go almost everywhere in SG... hmmmm.... eventhough the view is not as good as waterview/tropica as east side reservior is much narrow comparing with west side, and got students noise from TP as they always practise drum or singing after scool :D

desquire
25-01-11, 11:17
hahaha. anyone wanna to jog at bedok reservior, welcome to join us! in fact, more and more ppl exercise nowadays. sometimes we went to reservior after 9:30 PM, still got a lot of ppl running, walking... so cut down your bedtime, spend some outdoor lah:p

We tried some new route last night - from Tropica to Beilin wall, then walk along the bedok reservior road to Tampines Ave 1 (along TP). almost 1 hour!

btw, i noticed there is a big plot between TP and bedok reservior road. if new condo, surely can be sold out as hot cake - south facing reservior, next to tampines west MRT station, and have a lot of bus stops can go almost everywhere in SG... hmmmm.... eventhough the view is not as good as waterview/tropica as east side reservior is much narrow comparing with west side, and got students noise from TP as they always practise drum or singing after scool :D

Things will only get better with time... back then it was Bayshore... now it seems so many other condos are up. In future only God knows. haha.

Well good idea. Maybe if you're game we can always meet say arnd 10pm or so... Friday or Saturday nights will b a good time for me. Anyone else??? I have never tried to jog for the last 20 years... kekekek!:cheers6:

Kengar
27-01-11, 10:48
I was looking through a video I shot using hp on the model of the project.

It appears to me the covered carpark is built on the surface level, so does it mean level 1 will be elevated such that they are equivalent to Tropica's Level 2?

And also in the brochure, a picture depicts that the BBQ pit is overlooking the reservoir. I think in reality it will be blocked by the trees.

East Lover
27-01-11, 12:26
I was looking through a video I shot using hp on the model of the project.

It appears to me the covered carpark is built on the surface level, so does it mean level 1 will be elevated such that they are equivalent to Tropica's Level 2?

And also in the brochure, a picture depicts that the BBQ pit is overlooking the reservoir. I think in reality it will be blocked by the trees.
According to agent, and i saw the spec he printed, the ground hight is 4.5M, even higher than the showflat. So technically speaking, frist floor unit equals to 2 and half floor in Tropica.

For BBQ, you still can see the water throgh the gap between trees :) You can try to see see look look at Tropica club house second floor garden, should be at same height. By the way, that's a good idea to have BBQ pits there. But stack 14 and 18 must be very irriated by the BBQ smoke and noise :(

Only thing lousy in WV is the tennis court, which is on carpark level. Will there be some pollution from car? don't understand why SM not buid it on the first floor. And there is only 1 court, Tropica has 2 courts + 1 practical court.

desquire
27-01-11, 12:34
I like this idea of looking at the water throght he trees... kekekeke:D

Kengar
27-01-11, 13:53
I recall some agent told me even the first floor unit is higher than the usual upper floor units.

Looks like WV after completion will be higher than Tropica? I thought there is a height limit in that area due to nearby air base.

My 2nd balcony overlooks the tennis court, i guess i will have regular "pong pong" noise on weekends. Hope the noise will be contained by the carpark level design. :D

According to agent, and i saw the spec he printed, the ground hight is 4.5M, even higher than the showflat. So technically speaking, frist floor unit equals to 2 and half floor in Tropica.

For BBQ, you still can see the water throgh the gap between trees :) You can try to see see look look at Tropica club house second floor garden, should be at same height. By the way, that's a good idea to have BBQ pits there. But stack 14 and 18 must be very irriated by the BBQ smoke and noise :(

Only thing lousy in WV is the tennis court, which is on carpark level. Will there be some pollution from car? don't understand why SM not buid it on the first floor. And there is only 1 court, Tropica has 2 courts + 1 practical court.

East Lover
28-01-11, 08:37
I recall some agent told me even the first floor unit is higher than the usual upper floor units.

Looks like WV after completion will be higher than Tropica? I thought there is a height limit in that area due to nearby air base.

My 2nd balcony overlooks the tennis court, i guess i will have regular "pong pong" noise on weekends. Hope the noise will be contained by the carpark level design. :D
So I guess your stack is 12? ;)

Kengar
28-01-11, 08:51
So I guess your stack is 12? ;)
Nope, me on Stack 13.

Stack 12 was sold out by the time I was there at 6pm on VVIP Preview launch day.

East Lover
28-01-11, 08:58
Nope, me on Stack 13.

Stack 12 was sold out by the time I was there at 6pm on VVIP Preview launch day.
haha both block 77 & 79 sold fast like hot cake :p

desquire
28-01-11, 10:17
wah you guys are definitely very early birdies... so you get 10% off for being early right?? good stacks and great deals..:D

condolisa
28-01-11, 10:25
Early bird discount? Last time I asked they said no discount but price going up instead :mad:

Kengar
28-01-11, 10:43
Early bird discount? Last time I asked they said no discount but price going up instead :mad:

Yup.. no discounts..and i think prices did not increase too.
Alot of bluffing from the agents. So much competition then, not much room to increase prices too.

desquire
28-01-11, 11:41
You mean from the time it was launched, preview, stage one sale up yo now prices hv remain the same?

I was always told tt early birds drg VVIP n VIP preview will get them at better n discounted prices? No?

East Lover
28-01-11, 12:37
You mean from the time it was launched, preview, stage one sale up yo now prices hv remain the same?

I was always told tt early birds drg VVIP n VIP preview will get them at better n discounted prices? No?
we were told given early bird discount lah, and agent told me the price will increase after official launch. but as Kengar said, till now the price should be same bah, given the suddent of government cooling measurement, only facing Ave 10 units left, SM dear not to increase price lah. so, in another word, no discount in fact :cool:

desquire
28-01-11, 12:48
we were told given early bird discount lah, and agent told me the price will increase after official launch. but as Kengar said, till now the price should be same bah, given the suddent of government cooling measurement, only facing Ave 10 units left, SM dear not to increase price lah. so, in another word, no discount in fact :cool:
I've always had the perception that the quick feathered friends always gets the thick juicy worms.

Those quarry facing units also not too bad actually. Even people from the developer purchase those units drg the preview. Members of the Orange Tee included. They bought a substantial number from the project. :D

Kengar
28-01-11, 12:53

Maybe yes, but probably not always. Those really hot launches should see price increase after the preview. For WV I would think very unlikely, and given the cooling measures, it will be even more difficult to increase prices.

An interesting read which is not really relevant:
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Marketing+101%3A+Collecting+cheques+before+project+launch/

condolisa
28-01-11, 13:05
The early bird gets first pick. Last time agent bluffed me that price already discounted. If they can sell without oven and fridge I doubt they will give discount.:2cents:

desquire
28-01-11, 13:09
Oh tks Kengar for sharing. Interestingly saltish information indeed. Anyway WV sales whether place blank cheque or checkmate its pretty clear. Sales at the site is really good. I came across this piece of news by accident but anyway here it is...

http://www.sgpropertyevolution.com/property-news/market-updates-18-dec-2010/

Firm sells Chancery bungalow to boss

The executive chairman of Straits Trading Company (STC) has been given an option to buy a strata bungalow at a project being developed by one of the firm’s units. Tertius Development has set the sale price for Ms Chew Gek Khim at about $6.6 million, which includes a 2.1 per cent discount. Two other units from the project have been sold. A 5,737 sq ft detached house went for $6.33 million, or $1,104 psf, in July. In April, STC acquired Tertius Development and its project of 12 freehold bungalows in a development called Five Chancery in Chancery Road. In other property moves, a group of buyers comprising several OrangeTee directors and members of their extended family have bought units at Sim Lian Group’s latest project, the Waterview condominium. OrangTee is the marketing agent for the Waterview. The Kuik family bought six units for a total of almost $7 million, with prices ranging from $847,000 to $2.2 million.

*-*The Straits Times, B19

Kengar
28-01-11, 13:26
Oh tks Kengar for sharing. Interestingly saltish information indeed. Anyway WV sales whether place blank cheque or checkmate its pretty clear. Sales at the site is really good. I came across this piece of news by accident but anyway here it is...

The executive chairman of Straits Trading Company (STC) has been given an option to buy a strata bungalow at a project being developed by one of the firm’s units. Tertius Development has set the sale price for Ms Chew Gek Khim at about $6.6 million, which includes a 2.1 per cent discount. Two other units from the project have been sold. A 5,737 sq ft detached house went for $6.33 million, or $1,104 psf, in July. In April, STC acquired Tertius Development and its project of 12 freehold bungalows in a development called Five Chancery in Chancery Road. In other property moves, a group of buyers comprising several OrangeTee directors and members of their extended family have bought units at Sim Lian Group’s latest project, the Waterview condominium. OrangTee is the marketing agent for the Waterview. The Kuik family bought six units for a total of almost $7 million, with prices ranging from $847,000 to $2.2 million.

Must be these super early birds who ate up all the units at Stack 12 lah.. hahaha

East Lover
28-01-11, 14:17

Wow, got so many insider, no wonder #12 sold out before preview lah

See this:
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_EA22B80A29458027482577E30035DBEB/$file/announce-2010-11-22-IPT_Waterview.pdf?openelement

Sim Lian big bosses also shopped a lot in WV ;)
1. Mr Kuik Ah Han #15-10 2,223,000 Executive Chairman
2. Mr Kuik Sin Pin #13-24 871,000 Group CEO
3. Mr Kuik Ah Chong #08-09 1,116,000
4. Mr Kuik Ah Chong #09-09 1,122,000
5. Mdm Kuik Lee Lee #06-25 850,000
6. Mdm Soh Li Bin #08-24 847,000

hyenergix
28-01-11, 18:13
Only need to declare units bought by family members, but not when being sold off later. This seems to allow family members to choose the best units at discounted launch price and generate appearance of good sales, then the family members quietly off-load for profit after the lousier units are mostly sold. Good strategy indeed.

Kengar
30-01-11, 14:01
Showroom closed again today, looks like taking another festive season break? :sleep:

desquire
30-01-11, 17:02
Maybe it's open bro. The other day looks close from afar but when I went nearer it was opened. Haha. Just that not many ppl arnd. Wah h going to take pics izit? Cone share share. Haha. :D

Kengar
30-01-11, 17:09
Maybe it's open bro. The other day looks close from afar but when I went nearer it was opened. Haha. Just that not many ppl arnd. Wah h going to take pics izit? Cone share share. Haha. :D

Yes still looking for a chance to go to take pictures, hope they dont stop me. Better bring my S&P along. :spliff:

desquire
30-01-11, 20:26
Hehe. Sneaked in to the Isle series just now. Agent told me 10% disc by FEO 5% early bird another 5% for today's purchase. Hehe. I gave a broad smile.

What cooling measure I wonder. 3 blocks released up to the 10th floor. Almost all sold. Gosh. Funny thing is the lower floors are snapped up even faster than the higher ones. Change in taste maybe. Haha but nothing seems to cool down!!!:D

hyenergix
30-01-11, 20:46
Hehe. Sneaked in to the Isle series just now. Agent told me 10% disc by FEO 5% early bird another 5% for today's purchase. Hehe. I gave a broad smile.

What cooling measure I wonder. 3 blocks released up to the 10th floor. Almost all sold. Gosh. Funny thing is the lower floors are snapped up even faster than the higher ones. Change in taste maybe. Haha but nothing seems to cool down!!!:D

The cooling effect is already priced in with the discounts, so the response reflects this.

desquire
30-01-11, 21:47
The cooling effect is already priced in with the discounts, so the response reflects this.

They sure sell like hot cakes...:D

Kengar
30-01-11, 21:48

Interesting ... Did you take down the quotes / unit numbers? If I have a chance to go down I'll check out the prices too and compare if there is any discounts. :D

desquire
31-01-11, 14:03
Yup good to take a look around at what they have up for sale... last of the series of waterfront collections...:D

Kengar
01-02-11, 00:11
Some screen shots taken during the launch and some provided by the agent. Apologies for the low resolution. :p

Happy Lunar New Year! :cheers6:

Exterior views

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3549/siteplan.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/siteplan.jpg/)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4091/tenniscourt.th.jpg (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/tenniscourt.jpg/)

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/8563/resevoirfacingunits.th.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/resevoirfacingunits.jpg/)

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8310/wv1bmp.th.jpg (http://img535.imageshack.us/i/wv1bmp.jpg/)

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1016/poolview.th.jpg (http://img843.imageshack.us/i/poolview.jpg/)

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/943/clubhouset.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/clubhouset.jpg/)

Interior Views

Yard view of HS and Kitchen
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6681/yardw.th.jpg (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/yardw.jpg/)

2nd Balcony view from yard
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/18/2ndbalcony2.th.jpg (http://img843.imageshack.us/i/2ndbalcony2.jpg/)

MBR Toilet entrance view from 2nd Balcony
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6020/mbrviewfrom2ndbalcony.th.jpg (http://img508.imageshack.us/i/mbrviewfrom2ndbalcony.jpg/)

The spacious 2nd Balcony view from MBR's "backdoor"
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/374/2ndbalcony.th.png (http://img267.imageshack.us/i/2ndbalcony.png/)

MBR
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9057/mbrb.th.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/i/mbrb.jpg/)

MBR Toilet
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2558/mbrtoilet.th.png (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/mbrtoilet.png/)

Common Room
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2149/commonroom.th.png (http://img26.imageshack.us/i/commonroom.png/)

Dining
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7025/diningi.th.jpg (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/diningi.jpg/)

Kitchen Sink
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2672/kitchensink.th.jpg (http://img703.imageshack.us/i/kitchensink.jpg/)

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3461/kitchen.th.png (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/kitchen.png/)

Main Balcony
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4281/balcony.th.jpg (http://img593.imageshack.us/i/balcony.jpg/)

HS Room
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2527/41515203.th.jpg (http://img814.imageshack.us/i/41515203.jpg/)

desquire
01-02-11, 13:31
wahhhh.... dreams can wait... kekekeke:D

desquire
02-02-11, 20:49
Hi guys...

To all forum friends and especially to members of this thread and Waterview friends and fans...

New Year is the time to unfold new horizons & realize new dreams,
to rediscover the strength & faith within u, to rejoice in simple pleasures &
gear up 4 a new challenges. Wishing u a truly fulfilling Lunar New Year.

May the Hare hop to greater heights...:D

kingkong1984
02-02-11, 20:59
Excellent views from some stacks, pool and reservoir...

desquire
03-02-11, 01:00
Excellent views from some stacks, pool and reservoir...
Yup everyone has a fair share of the turkey but some might get the juicy part... Kekeke...:D

Komo
03-02-11, 04:49
Good view ones all taken up already...:(
I was a rather hesitant also due to location, beside highway (noisy?) and not near to mrt or amenities. Or did I missed out something?
There is some "beauty" about sim lian design though.

desquire
03-02-11, 12:27
I was a rather hesitant also due to location, beside highway (noisy?) and not near to mrt or amenities. Or did I missed out something?

Not too sure if it will be noisy but it's the link to many highways and expressways. Giant, Ikea, Tam Mall, Cen Sq, Tam 1 is just abt 5min drive. There's a 24hr supermarket abt 5-10min walk over at 800+ for those who knows the area well (a few forum WV owners are staying in this area-any comment?). Good food and there's all that we need for our daily necessities.

Used to stay with my parents for almost 20yrs over at Tampines Street 12 with the MRT and all the Malls like 5mins away before i migrated over street 71. A few bus stops away from the MRT station is alright. Never had any problems and i hv stayed in this area for 10 years now. Probably it's due to the fact that many but not all of us have the convenience of a car.:)

desquire
03-02-11, 12:41
There is some "beauty" about sim lian design though

This is one of the many developments that I hv seen without the use of ID. Personally, I prefer the priviledged of being able to see the real walls and layout of the 'orginal to be completed' design rather than visualising the developer's idea of what we can do to the space and the decoration we can put up.

If you were to ask me, I think this is a plus and I hv never been more impressed than the only other which I have seen a few years back in 'East By The Breeze'. THey layout and everything else including space is terrific! However, I cannot meet the financial expectations it was asking for at that time. I have no choice but decided against it and maybe I'm fated to remian here in Tampines.

Many commented against their fittings and the use of homogeneous flooring. While there are many fans of marble which is being used by FEO in those projects that I came across, I thought that the flooring is neat, simple and nice plus it gives a nice calm feeling (I might be the only one feeling this way though!). Heard that FEO fittings are a nightmare after 1 year (I dont know how true this is) but I'm impressed with SL simple elegant fittings. Might not be classy and expensive but it works fine with me.

Many developments I hv seen but not many or should I say nothing that really blew me away apart from the two which I hv mentioned. So, that's where the story ends. Hehe.:D

kane
03-02-11, 16:15
there was one particular showroom, forgot which development where I walked in to one of the bedrooms, asked them that the bed wasn't standard size queen right? and they said, "yup". so do be careful, take one hard look at the bed size in the showroom, don't just assume the walkable space is what you're going to get.

desquire
03-02-11, 17:22
there was one particular showroom, forgot which development where I walked in to one of the bedrooms, asked them that the bed wasn't standard size queen right? and they said, "yup". so do be careful, take one hard look at the bed size in the showroom, don't just assume the walkable space is what you're going to get.
Thanks for your advise. What I saw with my own naked eyes over at Waterview seems like a queen sized bed. I definitely did not measure it's size and taking I'm good hands that we common people set not cheated of such scams.

Both the bedrooms are able to squeeze in a queen sized bed decently. I'm not sure maybe some other friends here and those who hv purchased and hv a better info with regards to that might want yo share with us here too. :ashamed1:

Kengar
03-02-11, 17:24

I guess there are always some pluses and minuses in every development, near MRT may mean near HDB or near MRT tracks, near expressways brings connectivity but with inevitable noise. I do not think the noise is noticable while I was at the WV showroom and at the reservoir carpark near WV.

Compare this with those Waterfront units facing PIE I think the latter should expect some noise. I used to stay at the Bedok North HDB opposite Waterfront, the noise is quite loud and all day long. Of course, the winner in among the Bedok Reservoir Condos will go to Waterfront collections being near to amenities, MRT and a water front view.

desquire
03-02-11, 17:44
I guess there are always some pluses and minuses in every development, near MRT may mean near HDB or near MRT tracks, near expressways brings connectivity but with inevitable noise. I do not think the noise is noticable while I was at the WV showroom and at the reservoir carpark near WV.

Compare this with those Waterfront units facing PIE I think the latter should expect some noise. I used to stay at the Bedok North HDB opposite Waterfront, the noise is quite loud and all day long. Of course, the winner in among the Bedok Reservoir Condos will go to Waterfront collections being near to amenities, MRT and a water front view.
Hehe. I'm sandwiched in between the stacks being at 42 so I guess I'm like a piece of hot dog. The noise should be minimal and absorbed by the buns - quarry stacks. :D

desquire
03-02-11, 20:07
Bro like I hv guessed... Many buyers who purchase the waterfront series, waterview included knows the place and vicinity very well. Well, I'm here now at the park taking a quiet stroll with the kids. My virgin trip. I must ssy very nice. Tempted to come here for a nice jog soon.

Must get a few of us to jog together soon. Haha. Where's the lover sis from the East? Haha. Maybe she can lead us. :D

acidic.straw
05-02-11, 10:02
Hehe. I'm sandwiched in between the stacks being at 42 so I guess I'm like a piece of hot dog. The noise should be minimal and absorbed by the buns - quarry stacks. :D

Yes, noise level at 42 shld be quite minimal with sound barriers from the adjacent blocks...also no need to walk so far to bus-stop if you're not driving :)

desquire
05-02-11, 11:09
Yes, noise level at 42 shld be quite minimal with sound barriers from the adjacent blocks...also no need to walk so far to bus-stop if you're not driving :)
You're in the front "hot" stack bro? Every stack has it's charm. That depends on how we look at it. Win some lose some. :D

East Lover
07-02-11, 10:09
Some screen shots taken during the launch and some provided by the agent. Apologies for the low resolution. :p

Happy Lunar New Year! :cheers6:

Thanks Kengar, good job!

East Lover
07-02-11, 10:12
Showroom closed again today, looks like taking another festive season break? :sleep:
Just came back from my CNY holiday yesterday - the showflat still closed as the main gate was closed.... don't tell me it has been closed for whole CNY week!

SL not worry about the left over units? How is the sales now??

I was told the construction will be started after CNY...

Kengar
07-02-11, 11:43
Just came back from my CNY holiday yesterday - the showflat still closed as the main gate was closed.... don't tell me it has been closed for whole CNY week!

SL not worry about the left over units? How is the sales now??

I was told the construction will be started after CNY...

Yes confirmed, the showroom was CLOSED during the entire weekend, i drove past it. SL must be super "yaya". Anway I think Jan sales should be quite low, maybe 5 units?

The funniest thing, the Waterfront Isle sign board is pitched right outside Waterview. :scared-1:

Kengar
07-02-11, 11:55
I have visited the Waterfront Isle showroom yesterday, I quite like the MBR toilet sink, more posh looking than WV's. It generally have the same "sunk-in" design but with better looking and 'feel" materials.

Also saw in WF Isle's that they have a slim full height cupboard covering the rubbish chute and also provide some storage space, i will probably do the same for my WV unit. :D

desquire
07-02-11, 12:25
I have visited the Waterfront Isle showroom yesterday, I quite like the MBR toilet sink, more posh looking than WV's. It generally have the same "sunk-in" design but with better looking and 'feel" materials.

Also saw in WF Isle's that they have a slim full height cupboard covering the rubbish chute and also provide some storage space, i will probably do the same for my WV unit. :D

Space is what I am concerned when I took a look at the Isle the other day. The rooms are pretty tight. Most i guess buy for investment as their main agenda.

Personally, i like the sunken in bathroom at the MBR. makes me feel very very nice. Other than that, I think I didn't make the wrong move in getting WV. Have seen the waves, key, gold and now isle.. my heart still lies with WV. If I was asked to trade, I would not think twice keeping WV.:D

** Any of you guys know if a bed of another size or an altered 'Queen' was used in the showroom (for WV that is)?! Hehe. I hope not!:tsk-tsk:

Kengar
07-02-11, 13:22
Space is what I am concerned when I took a look at the Isle the other day. The rooms are pretty tight. Most i guess buy for investment as their main agenda.

Personally, i like the sunken in bathroom at the MBR. makes me feel very very nice. Other than that, I think I didn't make the wrong move in getting WV. Have seen the waves, key, gold and now isle.. my heart still lies with WV. If I was asked to trade, I would not think twice keeping WV.:D

** Any of you guys know if a bed of another size or an altered 'Queen' was used in the showroom (for WV that is)?! Hehe. I hope not!:tsk-tsk:

I was told it is a queen-sized then, haha and it looks like a normal queen size too. Too bad my pictures cannot tell.

East Lover
07-02-11, 16:07

did you take photo? can share with us? maybe we can find a buck reno deal for our huge backyard/balcony hehehe.

Kengar
07-02-11, 16:38
did you take photo? can share with us? maybe we can find a buck reno deal for our huge backyard/balcony hehehe.

Haha nope didnt take any..abit paiseh since i am not a serious 'buyer"... but the guys at the WF Isle have some photos: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10571&page=6

I must say on the scale of 1 to 10 for ID efforts, WV is 2.. WF Isle is probably 8. Maybe that's why WV looks spacious. :D

East Lover
07-02-11, 16:42
Haha nope didnt take any..abit paiseh since i am not a serious 'buyer"... but the guys at the WF Isle have some photos: http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10571&page=6

I must say on the scale of 1 to 10 for ID efforts, WV is 2.. WF Isle is probably 8. Maybe that's why WV looks spacious. :D
SL very niao in this kind of money... ID effort never mind lah, but they shouldn't save $$$ in oven and fridge!

East Lover
07-02-11, 16:45

I will still go WV, simply for the south facing water view and no road noise. good enough to compete the WF collection liao;)

by the way, i haven't got the measurement floorplan from SL yet, so before i went for overseas trip, i brought my maid to showflat and DIY! :ashamed1:
good news is that the common room is almost as same size as Tropica. in my son's room, i managed to put a queen size bed, 1 study table and 2 IKEA bookcases:p so I'm sure the queen size bed in showflat is a real queen and the one in MBR is the real king :D

East Lover
07-02-11, 16:55

Saw the photos - i like the toilet as well! Can we request WV to do the sameway? shouldn't cost too much right?

By the way, "The kitchen comes almost fully equipped, baking oven, microwave oven, coffee maker, fridge, 2-in-1 washing/dryer, and even a wine storage!" - are all those stuff come with free or just ID only???

desquire
07-02-11, 17:04
I will still go WV, simply for the south facing water view and no road noise. good enough to compete the WF collection liao;)

by the way, i haven't got the measurement floorplan from SL yet, so before i went for overseas trip, i brought my maid to showflat and DIY! :ashamed1:
good news is that the common room is almost as same size as Tropica. in my son's room, i managed to put a queen size bed, 1 study table and 2 IKEA bookcases:p so I'm sure the queen size bed in showflat is a real queen and the one in MBR is the real king :D
Oh my. I thought the one in the master is also a queen sized bed? It's a king? Ohhh. Silly me again.

The waterfront series is always being compared to one another but I think every develoment and unit has it's charm. Apart from the 4-series of Waves, Key, Gold and isle, there's also Baywater, Clearwater and Aquarius.

We at tampines join the sisters and sum all up to make it 8 in all. Haha. 2 bedok, 5 bedok reservoir and 1 tampines. Which do you prefer? You make your choice.. Hehe. :D

East Lover
07-02-11, 17:17
Oh my. I thought the one in the master is also a queen sized bed? It's a king? Ohhh. Silly me again.

The waterfront series is always being compared to one another but I think every develoment and unit has it's charm. Apart from the 4-series of Waves, Key, Gold and isle, there's also Baywater, Clearwater and Aquarius.

We at tampines join the sisters and sum all up to make it 8 in all. Haha. 2 bedok, 5 bedok reservoir and 1 tampines. Which do you prefer? You make your choice.. Hehe. :D
i'm east lover, so i only love tampines :p

Kengar
07-02-11, 19:14
Saw the photos - i like the toilet as well! Can we request WV to do the sameway? shouldn't cost too much right?

By the way, "The kitchen comes almost fully equipped, baking oven, microwave oven, coffee maker, fridge, 2-in-1 washing/dryer, and even a wine storage!" - are all those stuff come with free or just ID only???

Yup, all comes free.

Kengar
07-02-11, 19:17

Cool u mean u have taken the measurements? Can u share it with us? Which layout is yours? Thanks!!!

desquire
07-02-11, 19:57
Yup, all comes free.
Wah nice...:eek: :eek: :eek:

sh
07-02-11, 19:58
Yup, all comes free.

It's not free.... you're paying for it:banghead:

Kengar
07-02-11, 21:15
It's not free.... you're paying for it:banghead:

Yup you are correct,, haha i forgot to put in the inverted commas. :doh:

desquire
07-02-11, 22:24
Yup you are correct,, haha i forgot to put in the inverted commas. :doh:
Hehe. Still gd deal to many anyway. Btw bro kengar or sis eastlover if you guys hv any update on floor plan for 3-bedder C1 do update me ya. Hehe. Tks:D

noblebaby
07-02-11, 23:10
Can i know how to take SBS bus from Bedok central to WV?

East Lover
08-02-11, 08:18
Can i know how to take SBS bus from Bedok central to WV?
bus 69 from Bedok Interchange to Tampines Interchange. you can stop at Temasek Poly west gate, then walk towards Tropica -> Water View. 2 more stops will be at the international school ;)

East Lover
08-02-11, 08:55
Cool u mean u have taken the measurements? Can u share it with us? Which layout is yours? Thanks!!!
I draw on the paper, need to take time to scan...:o just back from holiday. busy now....wait for a while can?:sleep:

alternatively, PM me your fax number, i fax over then you scan and share :D

based on my study, 3 bedder and 4 bedders living hall, common room are all 'look' like same size, only different is the MBR and 4th room. i measured the showflat 4 bedder which is stack 14, but mine is stack 09, so i compared and derive the size roughly.;)

Kengar
08-02-11, 09:05
I draw on the paper, need to take time to scan...:o just back from holiday. busy now....wait for a while can?:sleep:

based on my study, 3 bedder and 4 bedders living hall, common room are all 'look' like same size, only different is the MBR and 4th room. i measured the showflat 4 bedder which is stack 14, but mine is stack 09, so i compared and derive the size roughly.;)

Thanks East Lover, no hurry.. you have a good rest first.:sleep:

desquire
08-02-11, 09:11

Wow! You are one super woman... 'Super' East Lover!!!:hell-hath-no-fury:

East Lover
08-02-11, 09:46
Wow! You are one super woman... 'Super' East Lover!!!:hell-hath-no-fury:
haha thank you :ashamed1:

kEN9170
08-02-11, 10:29
Tropica is a nice development. Will be perfect if future Tampines West MRT is within walking distance.

For a 99 yr pty, this is important. This is what the WV sales agent agreed too.

bus 69 from Bedok Interchange to Tampines Interchange. you can stop at Temasek Poly west gate, then walk towards Tropica -> Water View. 2 more stops will be at the international school ;)

East Lover
08-02-11, 10:52
Tropica is a nice development. Will be perfect if future Tampines West MRT is within walking distance.

For a 99 yr pty, this is important. This is what the WV sales agent agreed too.
agreed. but if its walking distance to MRT, the price will not be like that liao ;)

life is fair, if you have seaview, you have to bear the endless noise from ECP, if you next to MRT, then no view. if you have both reservior view and mrt, you have to face the west sun and road noise...

if you want to have nice view, peaceful environment, and walking distance to MRT and shopping mall, you have to pay sky high price...by the way, so far any condo has fulfilled all the above requiremnts?

devilplate
08-02-11, 10:55
if you want to have nice view, peaceful environment, and walking distance to MRT and shopping mall, you have to pay sky high price...by the way, so far any condo has fulfilled all the above requiremnts?

if die die 'water view/ sea view'....cannot tink of any wor....seaview+quiet+near MRT+mall....dun have wor....nice view+quiet+near MRT+Mall...plenty

desquire
08-02-11, 11:26
agreed. but if its walking distance to MRT, the price will not be like that liao ;)

life is fair, if you have seaview, you have to bear the endless noise from ECP, if you next to MRT, then no view. if you have both reservior view and mrt, you have to face the west sun and road noise...

i second you...:D

kEN9170
08-02-11, 12:42
My current house has both sea and water view. :D

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1373/hsesea.jpg

Can see Tropica too.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7913/hsewater.jpg

McKinnon
08-02-11, 15:51
pwah, directly facing sister eastlover's unit! :D

My current house has both sea and water view. :D

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1373/hsesea.jpg

Can see Tropica too.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7913/hsewater.jpg

McKinnon
08-02-11, 15:53
got, my dream pebble bay facing the bay and a short walk to stadium mrt.

:rolleyes:

East Lover
08-02-11, 16:06
got, my dream pebble bay facing the bay and a short walk to stadium mrt.

:rolleyes:
but sky high price due to the big big size:tongue3: and no shopping mall like tampines mall hehehe. don't count that one inside the studium

McKinnon
08-02-11, 16:16
yala, i usually drive to marina square when i shop, and stadium mrt is 2 mrt stops away from marina square! :D

but tanjong rhu prices are very slow moving, so buy only when you're very sure it's your final home. :)

but sky high price due to the big big size:tongue3: and no shopping mall like tampines mall hehehe. don't count that one inside the studium

acidic.straw
08-02-11, 19:17

Just wait a few more years and sportshub will come up..that one will have shopping mall :)

Kengar
12-02-11, 12:10
Finally an advertisement in Straits Times today, featuring the Quarry View. SL must have sensed the urgency and woke up from their hibernation.

Waterfront Isle finally moved their sign board to outside Tropica. :spliff:

desquire
12-02-11, 15:32
Finally an advertisement in Straits Times today, featuring the Quarry View. SL must have sensed the urgency and woke up from their hibernation.

Waterfront Isle finally moved their sign board to outside Tropica. :spliff:
What is it about the Quarry View and SL? A new project bro?:D

Kengar
12-02-11, 15:51
What is it about the Quarry View and SL? A new project bro?:D

It is WV's advert which shows the Quarry facing units.

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 15:57
Topic makes it new..... Everyday also new launch.

desquire
12-02-11, 16:07
SL rarely hv advertisement. I can remember seeing WV advert like over only one weekend and that's it. Now they start agn. Haha. :D

desquire
12-02-11, 18:03
Hehe. Just flipped over today's paper. Many developers hv gone one step up yo promote their condos.

Anyway, these "artist impression" images sure looks good. Make people drool. For real or not I'm not sure. Hehe. :D

hyenergix
12-02-11, 18:16
The developers better sell faster, or else H2 2011 economy and sentiment won't be as good.

Government is already clamping down on immigration numbers and pushing for conversion to PR. These PRs will buy HDB or EC instead of renting condos. Sooner or later people will realise it is harder to get quality tenants and interest in property launches will subsequently dip.

East Lover
13-02-11, 10:47
The developers better sell faster, or else H2 2011 economy and sentiment won't be as good.

Government is already clamping down on immigration numbers and pushing for conversion to PR. These PRs will buy HDB or EC instead of renting condos. Sooner or later people will realise it is harder to get quality tenants and interest in property launches will subsequently dip.
usually when will the developer start to 'develope'? what's the treshold? 60% sold? only a few workers around the site, the real development not started yet...
possible to have X'mas party in WV by 2013?:p

desquire
13-02-11, 11:56
usually when will the developer start to 'develope'? what's the treshold? 60% sold? only a few workers around the site, the real development not started yet...
possible to have X'mas party in WV by 2013?:p
They sure hv an extended party there nightly. Heard piling aft CNY but by the looks of it, maybe they waiting for Halloween before importing the machines over to roam the area.

2013 I don't think possible. There is a chance for 2014 Dec completion but I believe it will be June 2015 or Dec itself the same year as projected.

desquire
13-02-11, 12:22
We bite on the carrot a little early... The rest of the WV buyers are hopping... with the latest discounts!!!!:beats-me-man:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=3478&page=17

devilplate
13-02-11, 13:55
We bite on the carrot a little early... The rest of the WV buyers are hopping... with the latest discounts!!!!:beats-me-man:

at least no green bug thingy? hehe

Kengar
13-02-11, 16:20
Just went to the showroom today with my wife and baby girl, saw about 15 plus couples/families viewing. Spoke to the agents and heard that about near 500 units have been sold to date.

Agents say no discounts and vouchers for prospective buyers and prices have increased 1% since launch.

Kengar
13-02-11, 16:23

Didn't see any bugs today but my car was splattered by alot of bird poo in the open car park. Huat Ahh!

azeoprop
Yah since they have sold 500+ units liaoz, they already got enough profit, no need to give discounts. Can slowly sell the remaining 100+ units over the next 3 years until TOP. :spliff:

desquire
Kekeke. At least we early birdies did not swallow poisonous carrots. Hehe. :D

Kengar
13-02-11, 16:26
Yah since they have sold 500+ units liaoz, they already got enough profit, no need to give discounts. Can slowly sell the remaining 100+ units over the next 3 years until TOP. :spliff:

I think they can easily hold the unsold units for rent to prospective staffs and students of UWC.

desquire
13-02-11, 16:33
Just went to the showroom today with my wife and baby girl, saw about 15 plus couples/families viewing. Spoke to the agents and heard that about near 500 units have been sold to date.

Agents say no discounts and vouchers for prospective buyers and prices have increased 1% since launch.
Wah. You went down to take measurements as well? Some say up, some say down. Up 1% now? Hmmmm. Sounds like a typical strategic agent statement.

Wow close to 500. We can always chk over at URA webbie for confirmation on sales soon. Any idea when they starting work bro? We can go there to take pics? Not illegal right? Maybe we can meet there one day. Hehe.:D

desquire
13-02-11, 16:42
Didn't know that the way the game is played. Hehe. Saw over the forum you got your Isle bro. Congrats and nice pics there.

For the past few weekends, I take a slow jog around Bedok Reservoir Park and get to enjoy the waterfront series there. I'm very fond of the attractive Colourful Isle's promotional balloons. Nice. I like. :D

desquire
13-02-11, 16:45
I think they can easily hold the unsold units for rent to prospective staffs and students of UWC.
Everybody seems to be doing it so why can't SL. Hehe. :D

East Lover
14-02-11, 09:09

"even waterview at tampines also giving some sort of rebates, detail must check with them."

who said that? how come we don't know?

Yah since they have sold 500+ units liaoz, they already got enough profit, no need to give discounts. Can slowly sell the remaining 100+ units over the next 3 years until TOP.
already solde 500+ meh? so fast?

desquire
14-02-11, 10:12
That's the million-dollar question while bro Kengar went down personally and heard another twist to the tale...

hmmmm... i smell a dead fish somewhere....:D

East Lover
14-02-11, 12:29
That's the million-dollar question while bro Kengar went down personally and heard another twist to the tale...

hmmmm... i smell a dead fish somewhere....:D
bro Kengar, what kind of discount SL giving? mind to share?

desquire
14-02-11, 12:31

kekekke...

post #365

So which is which??? SL hiding something in the bag???? Maybe afraid those who hv already purchased will bang table and ask for 'it' too??? Possible?? hush hush... shhhhh.....:D

East Lover
14-02-11, 12:52
kekekke...

post #365

So which is which??? SL hiding something in the bag???? Maybe afraid those who hv already purchased will bang table and ask for 'it' too??? Possible?? hush hush... shhhhh.....:D
Ai yoh how come i got the impression that he is mentioning the waterfront new project Isle??? where got so many couples in WV showflat?

confused also...

Kengar
14-02-11, 13:00

I asked a few agents, including my agent. I said that my friends might be interested to see and buy, and asked what units are still available and any incentive.

They all say no discounts, we are selling very well, developer usually wont give discounts. hahaa.. :tsk-tsk:

desquire
14-02-11, 13:01
Ai yoh how come i got the impression that he is mentioning the waterfront new project Isle??? where got so many couples in WV showflat?

confused also...

Ya hor... You're possibly right too. maybe its Isle but they can't be releasing and hv sold so many units right. kekekeke.

Yup i believe only old uncles and aunties more keen on WV rather than young couples. That makes us part of the senior citizens!!!! hahahahah!

Let's wait for the man to clarify. kekekek:D

desquire
14-02-11, 13:02
I asked a few agents, including my agent. I said that my friends might be interested to see and buy, and asked what units are still available and any incentive.

They all say no discounts, we are selling very well, developer usually wont give discounts. hahaa.. :tsk-tsk:

The boss has spoken earlier than expected. Maybe they bluff leh...:simmering:

East Lover
14-02-11, 13:18

so your post #365 is referring to Waterview or WF Isle?:confused:

East Lover
14-02-11, 13:20
Ya hor... You're possibly right too. maybe its Isle but they can't be releasing and hv sold so many units right. kekekeke.

Yup i believe only old uncles and aunties more keen on WV rather than young couples. That makes us part of the senior citizens!!!! hahahahah!

Let's wait for the man to clarify. kekekek:D
WF target young couple to invest
WV target uncles anties to enjoy life hahaha

Kengar
14-02-11, 13:21
The boss has spoken earlier than expected. Maybe they bluff leh...:simmering:

Let's wait for the URA statistic tomorrow and see if they are really near to the 500 units as they claimed.. :D

I suspect the flow of crowds at WV yesterday comes from folks who visited the Waterfront and Manhattan showrooms and "shun bian" drop by WV.

desquire
14-02-11, 13:35
WF target young couple to invest
WV target uncles anties to enjoy life hahaha
I nearly fell off my chair reading this...haha... but on a serious note, it's true. Most buyers are senior citizens holding purple EZ link passes and HDB upgraders plus "Hardcore" Tampines lovers who knows the area pretty well....:D

Kengar
14-02-11, 13:37
so your post #365 is referring to Waterview or WF Isle?:confused:

The post was referring to Waterview. :D

East Lover
14-02-11, 13:41
I nearly fell off my chair reading this...haha... but on a serious note, it's true. Most buyers are senior citizens holding purple EZ link passes and HDB upgraders plus "Hardcore" Tampines lovers who knows the area pretty well....:D
uncles anties can be young in heart wor, not really senior citizens yet but definitely not young couples lah.

but that not include bro Kengar as he "went to the showroom today with his wife and baby girl" and crowed with about 15 plus couples viewing.

hahaha:D

East Lover
14-02-11, 13:42
The post was referring to Waterview. :D
really? that sounds inspiring!

desquire
14-02-11, 13:43
Let's wait for the URA statistic tomorrow and see if they are really near to the 500 units as they claimed.. :D

I suspect the flow of crowds at WV yesterday comes from folks who visited the Waterfront and Manhattan showrooms and "shun bian" drop by WV.
Bro NV directional boards are also everywhere it seems. They want to push hard and sell off too...:sleep:

desquire
14-02-11, 13:46
uncles anties can be young in heart wor, not really senior citizens yet but definitely not young couples lah.

but that not include bro Kengar as he "went to the showroom today with his wife and baby girl" and crowed with about 15 plus couples viewing.

hahaha:D
The young and dangerous viewing together... Group view. Btw bro u go there take measurements or "check out and interrogate?". Hehe:D

Kengar
14-02-11, 14:26
The young and dangerous viewing together... Group view. Btw bro u go there take measurements or "check out and interrogate?". Hehe:D

Haha all the above.

I think there were no deals concluded when I was there yesterday, no serious discussion at the mostly empty tables.

I saw the video of the development at the showroom, quite nice. i guess i missed it previously, perhaps too kan cheong then.

Also saw the front gate of the model, i think it looks pretty cool. I also missed this previously.:D

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7892/img0614cn.th.jpg (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/img0614cn.jpg/)

East Lover
14-02-11, 14:53
Haha all the above.

I think there were no deals concluded when I was there yesterday, no serious discussion at the mostly empty tables.

I saw the video of the development at the showroom, quite nice. i guess i missed it previously, perhaps too kan cheong then.

Also saw the front gate of the model, i think it looks pretty cool. I also missed this previously.:D

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7892/img0614cn.th.jpg (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/img0614cn.jpg/)
i always have a question but always forget to ask - how to walk out from the 1.5 floor high ground to the cool front gate? i couldn't see any clear path in the model. even there is a staircase somewhere near the front gate, we have to be very careful for the left right car traffic???

desquire
14-02-11, 15:19
Haha all the above.

Yup same same. Put blank cheque. Think for 3mins then poof!! No time to hickory dock tick tock....

Else the unit will be snapped up. I asked the agent if I can come bk at night and she shook her head...take it or leave it....:D

desquire
14-02-11, 15:22
i always have a question but always forget to ask - how to walk out from the 1.5 floor high ground to the cool front gate? i couldn't see any clear path in the model. even there is a staircase somewhere near the front gate, we have to be very careful for the left right car traffic???
Sis you're one meticulous and curious lady. Your question very techical. I never even think of such a thing. Haha. I think the model is not detailed enough lah like that...:D

Kengar
14-02-11, 15:35

Hi Desquire, i have sent you a PM regarding the floorplan.
Let me know.:D:D:D

desquire
14-02-11, 16:42
Hi Desquire, i have sent you a PM regarding the floorplan.
Let me know.:D:D:D

Message received with thanks. Appreciate your help and kindness boss. :D

East Lover
14-02-11, 17:25
Dear Kengar,

I have received your PM as well. Thanks a lot! waiting for your email. :)

East Lover
14-02-11, 17:29
Sis you're one meticulous and curious lady. Your question very techical. I never even think of such a thing. Haha. I think the model is not detailed enough lah like that...:D

Hehehe later SL will claim "what you see will be what you get", then how? :p Want to volunteer yourself to be part of RC? then we can perform QA for their final deliverables :rolleyes:

desquire
14-02-11, 17:38
Hehehe later SL will claim "what you see will be what you get", then how? :p Want to volunteer yourself to be part of RC? then we can perform QA for their final deliverables :rolleyes:
Haha. I'm really glad to know that I hv amusing neighbours even before completion in 5yrs time!!! I was laughing away at work till my colleague thought that I had left some of my metallic screws at home..,

I'm not that really patriotic but I'm glad to be mingling with understanding senior citizens in WV rather than face politics with the young generation. Count me out. Hehe...:D

Kengar
15-02-11, 11:58
Latest January URA data:

Waterview-

Cumulative sold 459 units

24 units sold in Jan 2011 -
Median PSF $888 (huat huat huat!) :D

237 more to sell..

desquire
15-02-11, 12:40
Wah moving slowl but surely despite the new measures. Let's put the "cool entrance" topic aside. Few days back I spotted two excavators parked and guess what...

A few minutes ago I saw them both working hard yo flatten the ground or something. Work has begun at last! They must hv heard us... Kekeke... Hip hip hooray. Counting down to 2015...:D

desquire
15-02-11, 12:49
Latest January URA data:

Waterview-

237 more to sell..
Huat x 88... Big time with the place being built in the 8th sector or something according to fengshui belief and with a big "8" as pools instead of traditional 4-sided ones and TOP in 2015=2+0++1+5=8...

With cooling measures implemented and now still selling at a median of 888... I wish the residents the best of the "Huats"...

East Lover
15-02-11, 13:22
Latest January URA data:

Waterview-

237 more to sell..
I like that!

East Lover
15-02-11, 13:25
Huat x 88... Big time with the place being built in the 8th sector or something according to fengshui belief and with a big "8" as pools instead of traditional 4-sided ones and TOP in 2015=2+0++1+5=8...

With cooling measures implemented and now still selling at a median of 888... I wish the residents the best of the "Huats"...
everybody Huat Hua Huat!

Kengar
15-02-11, 13:30

Needs to keep selling average 20 units per month if they target to sell all by this year... 2015 sounds soo far away... I wish for TOP 2013 (2+0+1+3 = 6 in hokkien = Luck)

East Lover
15-02-11, 13:33
Needs to keep selling average 20 units per month if they target to sell all by this year... 2015 sounds soo far away... I wish for TOP 2013 (2+0+1+3 = 6 in hokkien = Luck)
if they can't sell all by this year also never mind, take time lah. as long as they start the foundation, SL can start to collect $$$ liao (even though only at project special account).
For SL, they definitely want to finish by 2013 the "Luck" year, so all of us can luck luck celebrate in WV. haha:D

East Lover
15-02-11, 13:41
Do you like the idea of 'open' concept of WV kitchen? in real life, who can maintain the kitchen as classic as the showflat everyday? where to hide the Jif, Mama lemon all those stuff?

any reno idea can share?

I'm thinking if SG have some kind of special glass - from dinning room, it's mirror, so can make the place looks double bigger and also can hide all those stuff. from another side it's glass, so that the light can go inside the kitchen, no need to on light during day time. something like the movie 红番区 if you can remember - when Jacky chan met anita miu...that kind of mirror glass loh

Kengar
15-02-11, 13:55
Do you like the idea of 'open' concept of WV kitchen? in real life, who can maintain the kitchen as classic as the showflat everyday? where to hide the Jif, Mama lemon all those stuff?

any reno idea can share?

I'm thinking if SG have some kind of special glass - from dinning room, it's mirror, so can make the place looks double bigger and also can hide all those stuff. from another side it's glass, so that the light can go inside the kitchen, no need to on light during day time. something like the movie 红番区 if you can remember - when Jacky chan met anita miu...that kind of mirror glass loh

Hmm.. I am thinking of putting those security window film (http://www.jestac.com.sg/) in my MBR cos i believe Stack 9's 2nd balcony can see right in. :D

... perhaps the same concept can be applied to that glass panel between dining and kitchen? allowing the light from dining/living hall to go in. but cannot see kitchen from outside since technically the kitchen should be darker than outside.

My friend recently had her SL unit in Telok Kurua TOP.. her kitchen/dining design is same as WV.. looks like no place to hide those kitchen stuffs from view.

East Lover
15-02-11, 14:54
Hmm.. I am thinking of putting those security window film (http://www.jestac.com.sg/) in my MBR cos i believe Stack 9's 2nd balcony can see right in. :D

... perhaps the same concept can be applied to that glass panel between dining and kitchen? allowing the light from dining/living hall to go in. but cannot see kitchen from outside since technically the kitchen should be darker than outside.

My friend recently had her SL unit in Telok Kurua TOP.. her kitchen/dining design is same as WV.. looks like no place to hide those kitchen stuffs from view.

how abt put a beautiful wall-type fish tank in the panel? there are some kind of fish tank can mount on the wall, and self-maintenance. good idea? not sure if feishui allows or not.

good to have a mirror, to reflect the dinning table, so that we can 吃双粮。;)

do you mean http://www.jestac.com.sg/3m_safety_security_films.php?
maybe can try....

Kengar
15-02-11, 15:11
how abt put a beautiful wall-type fish tank in the panel? there are some kind of fish tank can mount on the wall, and self-maintenance. good idea? not sure if feishui allows or not.

good to have a mirror, to reflect the dinning table, so that we can 吃双粮。;)

do you mean http://www.jestac.com.sg/3m_safety_security_films.php?
maybe can try....

Or this one : http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19002&hl=film

The fish tank idea is good, but it must be those narrow tanks.

I am thinking to have mirror at the dining , and also contemplating to have one behind the sofa (same as WV showroom)... hmm too much mirrors? haha

desquire
15-02-11, 16:10
Just drove past. Excavators digging and working extremely hard. Hehe. :D

Bro 696 units in 3yrs... Wah takes a lot of energy and endless work. Not easy. Heard of any that has managed to complete within that stipulated time with such a number of units at hand? Later building collapse we become reservoir "titanic" leh...hehehe

East Lover
15-02-11, 16:19
Just drove past. Excavators digging and working extremely hard. Hehe. :D

Bro 696 units in 3yrs... Wah takes a lot of energy and endless work. Not easy. Heard of any that has managed to complete within that stipulated time with such a number of units at hand? Later building collapse we become reservoir "titanic" leh...hehehe
touch wood! still CNY you know?:p

desquire
15-02-11, 17:06

any reno idea can share?

Sis can buy LV soap dispenser. Just pour over for the "class" look. Hehe. :D

desquire
15-02-11, 17:09

Here comes WV creative residents at work yet again. I didn't know much a thing existed. I'm not a fan of ID. Would play and toy with ideas for the next 5yrs and see what emerges from there aft the long thoughts...hehe.

desquire
15-02-11, 17:12
touch wood! still CNY you know?:p
Hehe. We not staying there yet so ok lah. Hehe. But if ready by 2013 I will be surely surprised and worried at the same time.:scared-4:

East Lover
15-02-11, 17:47
Hehe. We not staying there yet so ok lah. Hehe. But if ready by 2013 I will be surely surprised and worried at the same time.:scared-4:2013 too rush, 2015 too far, 2014 sounds no good number...then how?:p
let SL to decide when to hand over keys to us hahaha

desquire
15-02-11, 18:12
2013 too rush, 2015 too far, 2014 sounds no good number...then how?:p
let SL to decide when to hand over keys to us hahaha
Haha.. Let the fengshui bosses decide when to hand over. My take and gut feeling tells me that it will be in 2014. :D

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 18:29
14.04.14 how?

Want die no die want die again

desquire
15-02-11, 18:34
14.04.14 how?

Want die no die want die again
Haha good thoughts on that but I doubt SL will pick such a date for the handing over...:tsk-tsk:

East Lover
17-02-11, 08:26
Back to Reno - do you notice that there is no storerroom if the utility room used for maid room?

I need to create a storeroom, but where is the best place???:doh:

If i do up wardrob-kind storeroom in the second balcony next to maid toilet (see the attached), am i allowed?

desquire
17-02-11, 09:09
I think you need to check with the reno contractor. It should be allowed. Erecting walls shld not be a problem as i know but hacking those permanent pillars will never be allowed. Yup i think your idea of a small storage room at the little corner there will be a good idea and not that distracting. hehe.

Luckily I'm a full-time housemaid myself. If not another set of problem. Every house definitely needs a storeroom. We always believe in the motto of 'No storeroom-Keep Less Rubbish' attitude but it always turns out otherwise. kekeke.:D

East Lover
17-02-11, 09:15
I think you need to check with the reno contractor. It should be allowed. Erecting walls shld not be a problem as i know but hacking those permanent pillars will never be allowed. Yup i think your idea of a small storage room at the little corner there will be a good idea and not that distracting. hehe.

Luckily I'm a full-time housemaid myself. If not another set of problem. Every house definitely needs a storeroom. We always believe in the motto of 'No storeroom-Keep Less Rubbish' attitude but it always turns out otherwise. kekeke.:D
but i remember during the S&P contract signing, my lawyer said that we can convert the balcony to other purpose, within 1 year of TOP SL will conduct inspection. they may ask you to tear down...

Kengar
17-02-11, 09:17
Back to Reno - do you notice that there is no storerroom if the utility room used for maid room?

I need to create a storeroom, but where is the best place???:doh:

If i do up wardrob-kind storeroom in the second balcony next to maid toilet (see the attached), am i allowed?

Yes.. I will have the same problem in the future should i also get a maid. Probably will need to rent a external storage to keep the Utility Room stuffs.. or have the maid to sleep with the kids.

But a possible suggestion is to create a partition at the small area outside maid's toilet?

I think the Wardrobe storeroom in the 2nd balcony should be fine as long as from the outside, it does not show that you are covering up the entire balcony.. from your picture it looks like the wardrobe is built behind a wall.

East Lover
17-02-11, 09:49
Yes.. I will have the same problem in the future should i also get a maid. Probably will need to rent a external storage to keep the Utility Room stuffs.. or have the maid to sleep with the kids.

But a possible suggestion is to create a partition at the small area outside maid's toilet?

I think the Wardrobe storeroom in the 2nd balcony should be fine as long as from the outside, it does not show that you are covering up the entire balcony.. from your picture it looks like the wardrobe is built behind a wall.
since backyard carpentry no need designer effort (sorry stan...:ashamed1: ), maybe we should source together to find some direct factory price to do up something... more ppl more negotiation power, better discount ;)

desquire
17-02-11, 10:03
Being a first-time condo owner i really hv no idea on this. My understanding for fixture is covering up the open area with windows (mainly).

I did get a first hand answers from the correct people at SL and she told me that the kitchen balcony can put up blinds (which is not a permanent fixture), like what they currently have over the showroom. I dont know if i am right in this??:beats-me-man:

desquire
17-02-11, 10:17
For myself working on the place overtime at the moment. I hv a big big headache due to my furnitures!!!!! Other than that i will probably...

1. re-paint the place using pentalite-matt.
2. remove toilet shower and replace with rain shower (portable)
3. some fixtures for toilets - put shampoo, shower gel etc (wasted no wall shelf-which is easier to maintain)
4. indoor metal 'bamboo' hangar - kitchen balcony (go green - need no dryer)
5. electical supplies maybe just simple l-box instead of false ceiling.

Can we fix a ceiling light in the balcony (hall)?? Perfect space but rainwater comes in!!! I hate this the most!!!!! :ashamed1:

Kengar
17-02-11, 10:48
Being a first-time condo owner i really hv no idea on this. My understanding for fixture is covering up the open area with windows (mainly).

I did get a first hand answers from the correct people at SL and she told me that the kitchen balcony can put up blinds (which is not a permanent fixture), like what they currently have over the showroom. I dont know if i am right in this??:beats-me-man:

A friend of mine who installed blinds (quite expensive model) at her 2nd balcony (also a SL project in Telok Kurau) says the blinds could not keep the rain out.. so in the end the entire 2nd balcony got "flooded".

She planning to raise the concrete ledge around the 2nd balcony a little higher.

desquire
17-02-11, 12:15
A friend of mine who installed blinds (quite expensive model) at her 2nd balcony (also a SL project in Telok Kurau) says the blinds could not keep the rain out.. so in the end the entire 2nd balcony got "flooded".

She planning to raise the concrete ledge around the 2nd balcony a little higher.

Bro if thats the case, honestly the house seems useless to me. Space all collecting rainwater so that means i will just let go of it when TOP or rent it out. I'm no speculator but apart from the hall, kitchen and rooms which are kept dry, the other areas are almost good-for-nothing. Both the balconies are actually the 'plus' factors for the place and the reasons for my purchase.

Limited space in this case. I told my wife stay in our HDB and release the WV unit lah. No issue lah. Sad but without a choice.:beats-me-man:

McKinnon
17-02-11, 13:54
relax bro most new condos got balconies, so you still got 3 years to check out how they keep rain out. but i understand what you mean, this is why i don't like to buy condos w balconies.

Bro if thats the case, honestly the house seems useless to me. Space all collecting rainwater so that means i will just let go of it when TOP or rent it out. I'm no speculator but apart from the hall, kitchen and rooms which are kept dry, the other areas are almost good-for-nothing. Both the balconies are actually the 'plus' factors for the place and the reasons for my purchase.

Limited space in this case. I told my wife stay in our HDB and release the WV unit lah. No issue lah. Sad but without a choice.:beats-me-man:

East Lover
17-02-11, 14:01

Not that complicated. my current back yard i just simply use an IKEA shower curtain to block the rain. very effective.

Definitely we can find out a way to work around. Don't forget your beautiful front balcony is for you to enjoy the water view. second balcony is a bit waste but my maid really likes it. so it could turn to a big plus to you ;)

McKinnon
17-02-11, 14:08
some of my friends like balconies while i prefer to view reservoir through floor to ceiling glass.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/CWliving1.jpg

Kengar
17-02-11, 14:09

That Telok Kurau unit is 2nd floor and there are no nearby buildings, hence the exposure to rain is higher. Most of WV's 2nd balcony are shield by the opposite unit, hopefully the exposure is reduced.

McKinnon
17-02-11, 14:16
sister, you can do lumiera or ximula storage wardrobe along entire stretch of wall. :)

since backyard carpentry no need designer effort (sorry stan...:ashamed1: ), maybe we should source together to find some direct factory price to do up something... more ppl more negotiation power, better discount ;)

East Lover
17-02-11, 15:56
sister, you can do lumiera or ximula storage wardrobe along entire stretch of wall. :)
good suggestion. water resistant? direct factory price? you got lobang? don't let Stan knows hoh. :p

desquire
17-02-11, 19:30
relax bro most new condos got balconies, so you still got 3 years to check out how they keep rain out. but i understand what you mean, this is why i don't like to buy condos w balconies.

Hi bro..

How hv you been? True about what you said and that's the only setback about condos that i can forsee at the moment, the space taken up by the balconies seems unusable (empty space collecting rainwater). I'm residing in a 5I HDB at street71 and space is really something i'm very comfortable with.

Too huge a space can be a problem and not easy to upkeep. That's the main reason why we passed the 4-bedder there. With an additional toilet. Grrrr... another additional spare hour put to scrubbing the tiles!

What I'm sure about is that WV is a good place with sufficient amenities for its residents. The location in my opinion (not agreeable to others due to MRT and others personal reasons) is fantastic. With the choice units being snapped up at lightning speed and after so many developments that I hv seen really put me off, this I'm sure will be comfortable for my family at least.:sleep:

We jumped into the boat defnitely and are still happy and excited about it.:D However, space is my concern should I not be able to put my furnitures in. Apart from the hall, I can't think of another area in the house which is decent in space (this includes many condos out there-unless the psf is huge).

Im trying to see what options I hv till the place is ready in 4 long years to come. By then I will not be held back by the new cooling measures etc-hopefully. The place will have to go if my stuffs can't fit but that definitely will be last in my mind right now. Nevertheless, I will see what can be done to those 'restricted' areas, the advantage being it's 'square' layout.:)

** Your uploaded pics stressing me bro.... kekekekekek:tongue3:

desquire
17-02-11, 19:34
Not that complicated. my current back yard i just simply use an IKEA shower curtain to block the rain. very effective.

Definitely we can find out a way to work around. Don't forget your beautiful front balcony is for you to enjoy the water view. second balcony is a bit waste but my maid really likes it. so it could turn to a big plus to you ;)

If i can do the 'rain rain go away... come flood another day'. It will definitely give me one less thing to think about...:ashamed1:

desquire
17-02-11, 19:38
That Telok Kurau unit is 2nd floor and there are no nearby buildings, hence the exposure to rain is higher. Most of WV's 2nd balcony are shield by the opposite unit, hopefully the exposure is reduced.

This i think we hv to play the 'wait-and-see' game. If a waterproof blind can be fixed and there's minimal splash of water. I'll be more than contented.

Is it true that the lower the floor the more 'collection'? Flood gets me more worried! Btw, I haven't done an experiment on it yet! kekekek:confused:

Kengar
17-02-11, 19:54
Waterfront Waves was launched in Feb 2008, and according to the press then it was to be TOP in 2010. Probably the economic crisis and competition for construction equipment against the IRs delayed the progress. I still hope for WV to TOP in 2013!! :D

Oh yes I also saw the WV excavators busy at work at 645pm just now.:)

desquire
17-02-11, 20:18
Waterfront Waves was launched in Feb 2008, and according to the press then it was to be TOP in 2010. Probably the economic crisis and competition for construction equipment against the IRs delayed the progress. I still hope for WV to TOP in 2013!! :D

Oh yes I also saw the WV excavators busy at work at 645pm just now.:)
At first there were 2 excavators, today I saw 5!!:scared-4:

Oh, I didn't know WW was supposed to be ready the previous year. Wow that means they targeted the completion in two years. That's fast. The lawyer told me that developer will do a quick job. How fast I'm not sure. Hehe. Maybe 2013? Then we can be the first to BBQ there. Hehe:D

McKinnon
17-02-11, 20:30
i think the yard balcony can install windows like at tropica. living room balcony just close the sliding door when it rains?

if you're a hoarder then it's gonna be hard to stuff all 5 room flat barang barang into a condo la.

i used to stay in a 1700sqft jumbo in marine parade and have learnt to streamline the stuff to be used at the tropica.

you'll probably buy sleek new furniture 3 years later, dun stress yourself until TOP lah. :D

just a footnote: around the reservoir only tropica and clearwater dun have balconies should you decide to hunt for another property. :)

Hi bro..

How hv you been? True about what you said and that's the only setback about condos that i can forsee at the moment, the space taken up by the balconies seems unusable (empty space collecting rainwater). I'm residing in a 5I HDB at street71 and space is really something i'm very comfortable with.

Too huge a space can be a problem and not easy to upkeep. That's the main reason why we passed the 4-bedder there. With an additional toilet. Grrrr... another additional spare hour put to scrubbing the tiles!

What I'm sure about is that WV is a good place with sufficient amenities for its residents. The location in my opinion (not agreeable to others due to MRT and others personal reasons) is fantastic. With the choice units being snapped up at lightning speed and after so many developments that I hv seen really put me off, this I'm sure will be comfortable for my family at least.:sleep:

We jumped into the boat defnitely and are still happy and excited about it.:D However, space is my concern should I not be able to put my furnitures in. Apart from the hall, I can't think of another area in the house which is decent in space (this includes many condos out there-unless the psf is huge).

Im trying to see what options I hv till the place is ready in 4 long years to come. By then I will not be held back by the new cooling measures etc-hopefully. The place will have to go if my stuffs can't fit but that definitely will be last in my mind right now. Nevertheless, I will see what can be done to those 'restricted' areas, the advantage being it's 'square' layout.:)

** Your uploaded pics stressing me bro.... kekekekekek:tongue3:

McKinnon
17-02-11, 20:32
hey are you camping next to waterview? i only know the trees have been cut down coz i can see kaki bukit highway now. :p

At first there were 2 excavators, today I saw 5!!:scared-4:

Oh, I didn't know WW was supposed to be ready the previous year. Wow that means they targeted the completion in two years. That's fast. The lawyer told me that developer will do a quick job. How fast I'm not sure. Hehe. Maybe 2013? Then we can be the first to BBQ there. Hehe:D

ecimbew
17-02-11, 20:50
What's that blue jewellry thing? How much is that?

some of my friends like balconies while i prefer to view reservoir through floor to ceiling glass.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/CWliving1.jpg

McKinnon
17-02-11, 21:01
swarovski crystal light, $8k, inherited from seller :D

What's that blue jewellry thing? How much is that?

desquire
17-02-11, 21:03
i think the yard balcony can install windows like at tropica. living room balcony just close the sliding door when it rains?

if you're a hoarder then it's gonna be hard to stuff all 5 room flat barang barang into a condo la.

i used to stay in a 1700sqft jumbo in marine parade and have learnt to streamline the stuff to be used at the tropica.

you'll probably buy sleek new furniture 3 years later, dun stress yourself until TOP lah. :D

just a footnote: around the reservoir only tropica and clearwater dun have balconies should you decide to hunt for another property. :)

If I can install windows for the kitchen balcony then all problem hv been solved really. Nothing to think about. Hehe. Living rm sure hv to close the sliding door when it rains but a nice huge space gone to waste.

Nice and cosy but I can put no furniture there. I hv been an antique collector bro. I can't sell my furniture even for any price. My life is my furniture... They go my heart stops beating... Hehe. :o

desquire
17-02-11, 21:08
hey are you camping next to waterview? i only know the trees have been cut down coz i can see kaki bukit highway now. :p
You're next to the plot of land, I'm just a lane away. I drive past Avenue 10 like at least twice a day... a priviledge and advantage to spy on their progress...;)

desquire
17-02-11, 21:10
swarovski crystal light, $8k, inherited from seller :D
That's a valuable inheritance!!!!:D

McKinnon
17-02-11, 21:14
that's what seller claims lah, i dunno how to see. :beats-me-man:

anyway i asked for dining light and dining table so that i dunnid to buy for tenant krkrkr..

That's a valuable inheritance!!!!:D

McKinnon
17-02-11, 21:16
my sister has an hdb at street 73, both of you will huat when uwc commences full ops this aug. :p

You're next to the plot of land, I'm just a lane away. I drive past Avenue 10 like at least twice a day... a priviledge and advantage to spy on their progress...;)

desquire
17-02-11, 21:29
my sister has an hdb at street 73, both of you will huat when uwc commences full ops this aug. :p
Huat is Huat but if my stuffs can't migrate with me then I shall stay put. No way I will move...hehehe...

I was just thinking. Does that mean most of the condo owners keep the "barren balcony land" empty apart from probably plants and flowerpots? Since it's not waterproof even simple furnitures can't exist there right unless they are plastic or made of glass. Am I right?:beats-me-man:

McKinnon
17-02-11, 21:35
wah so hardcore.. wat furniture you collect, starck and eames?

Huat is Huat but if my stuffs can't migrate with me then I shall stay put. No way I will move...hehehe...

I was just thinking. Does that mean most of the condo owners keep the "barren balcony land" empty apart from probably plants and flowerpots? Since it's not waterproof even simple furnitures can't exist there right unless they are plastic or made of glass. Am I right?:beats-me-man:

desquire
17-02-11, 22:05
Chinese and Tibetan antique furnitures. From rugs to door panel including robes and porcelain. I took lotsa time, pain and effort to buy, keep and maintain them since I was a teenager.

Nothing till today will make me give up. Do hv good offers for some of the items but I rather keep and see them daily at home than get the $$ and spent.

Once it's gone, I can never buy the sane piece ever again. It follows me where I go lest I'm gone...:)

ecimbew
17-02-11, 22:14

I'm old at heart. I will choose Eames anytime.

desquire
17-02-11, 22:22
I'm old at heart. I will choose Eames anytime.
I hv no absolute idea what this "Eames" thingey is...:rolleyes:

East Lover
18-02-11, 08:50
This i think we hv to play the 'wait-and-see' game. If a waterproof blind can be fixed and there's minimal splash of water. I'll be more than contented.

Is it true that the lower the floor the more 'collection'? Flood gets me more worried! Btw, I haven't done an experiment on it yet! kekekek:confused:
In fact we can team up to ask developer install a window or glass panel for the backyard. In Tropica, there are some addititional glass panel added in the lobby for those 2 bedders unit, after they collected key. they told me initially they have rain problem also, after complaint complaint complaint, developer installed glass panel for FREE!

So if we really face the raining problem, just compliant to SL, if half of the units make noise, that's BIG already.

devilplate
18-02-11, 08:54
In fact we can team up to ask developer install a window or glass panel for the backyard. In Tropica, there are some addititional glass panel added in the lobby for those 2 bedders unit, after they collected key. they told me initially they have rain problem also, after complaint complaint complaint, developer installed glass panel for FREE!

So if we really face the raining problem, just compliant to SL, if half of the units make noise, that's BIG already.

big difference between common area and own premise wor...

if u have a nice yard(not hidden), sure got rain problems....lol

East Lover
18-02-11, 08:57

i don't know... but i'm so eager to build up my mini garden facing the beautiful water ;)

Let me hold a house warming party at WV by X'mas of 2013! hahaha

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:06
big difference between common area and own premise wor...

if u have a nice yard(not hidden), sure got rain problems....lol
but if we team up, in worst scenario no free glass panel/windows, at least we can gain the persmission of install those stuff. as I know now it's not allowed to install window. Hopefully we can have better discount, as we must install certain standard pattern in order to unify outlook. that's condo, a lot of rules here and there...

btw, even window allowed, for such big balcony, must be very costly.... must negotiate for good discount:rolleyes:

desquire
18-02-11, 09:17

Really? If I can hv windoes installed, that means i can put at least two chests and 2 cabinets there after sealing up the wall!! That will be fantastic!!! If blind then rain comes in... i better not!!! Dangerous!

Later come hm all my furnitures floating like Kengar mentioned!:scared-4:

desquire
18-02-11, 09:18
i don't know... but i'm so eager to build up my mini garden facing the beautiful water ;)

Garden??? haha. No need to water. It will be the 'Art of Nature'... wah don't forget to invite us!:D

desquire
18-02-11, 09:20
but if we team up, in worst scenario no free glass panel/windows, at least we can gain the persmission of install those stuff. as I know now it's not allowed to install window. Hopefully we can have better discount, as we must install certain standard pattern in order to unify outlook. that's condo, a lot of rules here and there...

btw, even window allowed, for such big balcony, must be very costly.... must negotiate for good discount:rolleyes:

If this can't and that also cannot then really headache seriously. That place behind there can help to accomodate many things should it be kept dry. Else no choice sis, i hv to give up the unit, it's alright i still hv a home to stay in street 71. :)

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:24
Really? If I can hv windoes installed, that means i can put at least two chests and 2 cabinets there after sealing up the wall!! That will be fantastic!!! If blind then rain comes in... i better not!!! Dangerous!

Later come hm all my furnitures floating like Kengar mentioned!:scared-4:
yes, then we can have extended space!!!
which type do you like? :D
http://www.world-trades.com/photo/957/9681/plastic-steel-windows-452.jpghttp://www.world-trades.com/photo/957/9681/pvc-window-743.jpghttp://www.world-trades.com/photo/957/9681/pvc-tiltturn-window-935.jpg

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:27
If possible, we should fight for this kind of windows, can open much more wider, so no raining time, we still can have balcony feel, also easy to try clothes...
http://www.world-trades.com/photo/957/9681/upvc-window-and-door-464.jpg

What's the correct term for this kind of window frame?

hopeful
18-02-11, 09:31
If possible, we should fight for this kind of windows, can open much more wider, so no raining time, we still can have balcony feel, also easy to try clothes...

the windows open inside? like that eat space.

McKinnon
18-02-11, 09:32
bifold casement windows, but then it'll defeat the purpose of having a balcony.

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:37
bifold casement windows, but then it'll defeat the purpose of having a balcony.
Thanks. That can be only used in backyard balcony, of course not in front balcony lah.

if it's really approved, we can block the rain effectively and yet have balcony feel - in fact, how many of us really want a balcony in the backyard? it's SL wants to make more money, then come out such idea of huge backyard balcony :simmering:

land118
18-02-11, 09:39
bifold casement windows, but then it'll defeat the purpose of having a balcony. Personally, they should have got 1 type that folds outwards rather than inwards, so that doesn't give one the feel of obstruction and less space...

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:40
Can this type of windows folded all the way to the end? or only "bifold":D

http://realdoorinc.com/images/bifold_doors.jpg

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:41
that photo is for demo purpose. definitely have to request open outside :p

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:43
Personally, they should have got 1 type that folds outwards rather than inwards, so that doesn't give one the feel of obstruction and less space...
technically inwards or outwards should be no problem. We surely will ask for folding outwards provided developer allows us to install :o

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:50

Inside of "seaview", i will put some bamboo plants in the 2nd balcony, so my "japanese room" wil really have some japanese style hehehe
http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/greatbamboo.jpg

McKinnon
18-02-11, 09:50
why dun you just do sliding windows? sleek and doesn't eat into space.

devilplate
18-02-11, 09:53

sliding windows easy to open and close and looks nicer too but it 'collects' rainwater....and rainwater may even leaked in if waterproofing is not done properly....one of my apts got such problems:(

the above type of windows will have similar problems....best is still casement windows

as for yard....just do blinds lor....hehe yard area get wet abit ok mah?

East Lover
18-02-11, 09:55
how much can they slide? I guess there will be at least 5 to 6 pieces, the maximum they can slide is 3 into 1 right? i want open space, yet can keep it dry during raining time, so i thought that kind of floding window (if they can fold all the way to the end) is good choice?

devilplate
18-02-11, 09:57
how much can they slide? I guess there will be at least 5 to 6 pieces, the maximum they can slide is 3 into 1 right? i want open space, yet can keep it dry during raining time, so i thought that kind of floding window (if they can fold all the way to the end) is good choice?

gd choice but not so easy to 'slide' after sometime

McKinnon
18-02-11, 09:57
depends on number of tracks la..

5 pieces on 5 tracks you can slide all into 1 piece width.

actually hor, dunnid open so big one la.. open 50% just nice.

devilplate
18-02-11, 09:58
depends on number of tracks la..

5 pieces on 5 tracks you can slide all into 1 piece width.

actually hor, dunnid open so big one la.. open 50% just nice.

mabe she wants to extend her laundry out mah:D

Kengar
18-02-11, 10:00

You mean a mini garden at the main balcony? Yes yes, i am planning to do one too but have no head or tail how to start. Want to double it as a form of safety deterrent too. Any recommendations? :)

East Lover
18-02-11, 10:22
You mean a mini garden at the main balcony? Yes yes, i am planning to do one too but have no head or tail how to start. Want to double it as a form of safety deterrent too. Any recommendations? :)
maybe we can borrow some idea from other condo such as Casa Merah? like the outdoor stuff, very cool.

and yes, renotalk!

East Lover
18-02-11, 10:29
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/barfurniture1.jpg

East Lover
18-02-11, 10:32
mabe she wants to extend her laundry out mah:D
haha, i really hope i can do so - like HDB flat hang the laundry outside the kitchen hahaha:D

desquire
18-02-11, 11:10
yes, then we can have extended space!!!
which type do you like? :D
http://www.world-trades.com/photo/957/9681/plastic-steel-windows-452.jpghttp://www.world-trades.com/photo/957/9681/pvc-window-743.jpghttp://www.world-trades.com/photo/957/9681/pvc-tiltturn-window-935.jpg

Holy Molly!!! This will be the best!!! But i thought WV cannot fix (or rather all condos cannot?):beats-me-man:

Wah this solves all my problem really. Tonight can go out party already. kekekeke:spliff:

Sis, you sure WV will allow this?!:)

desquire
18-02-11, 11:12

You're right on this. I cannot afford this space 'in' the house. Those typical open out windows can do for me...:D

** plus here, minus there all same same... kekekeke

desquire
18-02-11, 11:17
Wah you people all sure have lotsa ideas. Haha. I'm praying hard that the 'casement' windows can be fixed like those i hv at home now, without grilles of course. kekekekek!:D

East Lover
18-02-11, 13:29
Holy Molly!!! This will be the best!!! But i thought WV cannot fix (or rather all condos cannot?):beats-me-man:

Wah this solves all my problem really. Tonight can go out party already. kekekeke:spliff:

Sis, you sure WV will allow this?!:)
team up, let's try for FREE windows first, if not, then a least allow us to install, then we source for a good discount. :D

we have at least 3 years to source ;)

Kengar
18-02-11, 13:55
team up, let's try for FREE windows first, if not, then a least allow us to install, then we source for a good discount. :D

at the same time let's try for marble flooring too... oops am i asking too much? heehee :p

desquire
18-02-11, 13:58

Yeah!! Okies!! Set!:D

desquire
18-02-11, 14:03
at the same time let's try for marble flooring too... oops am i asking too much? heehee :p
Bro you guys sure are hilarious. This time I didn't fell off my chair. It broke!!! Bro you try lah ask for marble.

I try tell them my predicament too. No $$$$ to pay for the remaining loan and see if they don't mind spare just one of the 696 units for free.

If cannot I offer then work there at security or gardener. Hehehe. :tongue3:

East Lover
18-02-11, 14:32
not too much. we should ask for built-in oven, fridge and 2-in-1 washer! hahaha:D

Denlim
18-02-11, 14:42
I will love to have the oven, fridge n washer too..... Been trying hard to think of what to do to both the balconies as it will be a real waste if these 2 areas are not utilised...and of course, how to keep it dry... Saw some units in the Premiere which uses blinds that roll over the ledge, looks unsightly but guess that will be effective to keep out the rain.

not too much. we should ask for built-in oven, fridge and 2-in-1 washer! hahaha:D

East Lover
18-02-11, 14:47
I will love to have the oven, fridge n washer too..... Been trying hard to think of what to do to both the balconies as it will be a real waste if these 2 areas are not utilised...and of course, how to keep it dry... Saw some units in the Premiere which uses blinds that roll over the ledge, looks unsightly but guess that will be effective to keep out the rain.
good good! we have more ppl here to team up... sure can negotiate something one:p at least we can find a way to keep the backyard balcony try ;)

desquire
18-02-11, 14:50
good good! we have more ppl here to team up... sure can negotiate something one:p at least we can find a way to keep the backyard balcony try ;)
Sis you're our representative okies. Try and ask lah. Hehe. Bro Denlim. We share the sane sentiments. I'm having a nightmare thinking about rain pouring into the kitchen balcony. Scared bro. I woke up perspiring and shivering. :scared-4:

Denlim
18-02-11, 14:53
Sis you're our representative okies. Try and ask lah. Hehe. Bro Denlim. We share the sane sentiments. I'm having a nightmare thinking about rain pouring into the kitchen balcony. Scared bro. I woke up perspiring and shivering. :scared-4:

haha, I was thinking of doing up a drain to drain the water to the maid's toilet... no idea how feasible is that too....

East Lover
18-02-11, 14:59
ai yoh, me "england" no power. only good in 出谋划策 we work together as a good team can? 人多力量大

desquire
18-02-11, 15:11
haha, I was thinking of doing up a drain to drain the water to the maid's toilet... no idea how feasible is that too....
The thing is we must keep the rain away. Thereafter things will be more feasible.

If water keeps pouring in then really no point right. Just my sentiments. Everytime it runs whole place wet. Mop non stop. A little silly.

Seems that both landed n condo can't avoid the flood. HDB best!:D

McKinnon
18-02-11, 15:14
bro, the balcony will come with a drainage system lah..

The thing is we must keep the rain away. Thereafter things will be more feasible.

If water keeps pouring in then really no point right. Just my sentiments. Everytime it runs whole place wet. Mop non stop. A little silly.

Kengar
18-02-11, 15:24

SHould we put wall tiles at the 2nd balcony? Rain.. shine ... rain .. shine.. sure grow algae and fungus on the wall.

McKinnon
18-02-11, 15:28
dunnid la.. wah piang you future neighbours really on the ball man.. haha..

SHould we put wall tiles at the 2nd balcony? Rain.. shine ... rain .. shine.. sure grow algae and fungus on the wall.

desquire
18-02-11, 15:49
dunnid la.. wah piang you future neighbours really on the ball man.. haha..
Hehe. I think we are more worried about space wastage more than anything else. Especially when you pay hundreds if $$$ to collect water. Hehe. :D

East Lover
18-02-11, 15:58
if we can install window, we can try the 2nd balcony dry, no way to have fungus right?

so we can save our wall tiles $$$ to marble floor hahaha

McKinnon
18-02-11, 16:01
hmmm.. then might as well buy units w/o balconies?

if we can install window, we can try the 2nd balcony dry, no way to have fungus right?

so we can save our wall tiles $$$ to marble floor hahaha

East Lover
18-02-11, 16:04
hmmm.. then might as well buy units w/o balconies?
No we want balcony, the front balcony is fantastic! you know how many plants i have, and how many more will have...;)

but the 2nd balcony is headache. we are talking about how to maximize the usage of 2nd balcony. installing window is a good idea.