PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

teck
08-10-12, 21:16
Hi Bro .. it cost $690 for both MBR and Common Bathrooms.

Should be okay to request, better quickly give Shirley a call (6303 6163).

I wanted to changed to marble flooring when I knew I can do it(in Aug), but apparently Shirely says too late Liao....:beats-me-man:

jjtio
09-10-12, 09:29
Thanks. hopefully we can get more ppl to join the forum. Anybody setting up a group in FB to try to connect every future neighbour? My fren over at "The Canopy" have a FB group. Imagine if we can get the other ~600 neighbour to join..potential benefit:

1) Economy of scale group purchase..imagine 1 TV/1 Washing machine/1refrigerator every unit. Average purchase ~$5k, 600unit = $3M. Hmm much discount do we think we can get ah? :2cents: :scared-1:

2) Renovation....thinking of how to justify this.....

FB group sounds like a good idea

joycewangwen
10-10-12, 20:41
FB group sounds like a good idea

not as informative as this site...:tongue3::tongue3:

kamparboy
10-10-12, 22:46
not as informative as this site...:tongue3::tongue3:

:beats-me-man: ....any idea how to connect more future neighbour?:p

jeff83
11-10-12, 21:25
Hey ppl! I'm at stack 39.

minami-san
12-10-12, 07:59
Hey ppl! I'm at stack 39.
Finally. Someone in the same stack as me :) welcome jeff83!

jeff83
13-10-12, 00:58
Haha! Thanks! Not the best stack so only 2 of us. Btw, i came across this ID, Free Space Intent, their designs are quite good. Just to share in this forum.

imchar16
14-10-12, 11:07
Morning Neighbour!

Im in block 87 :)

Finally able to login after so long:doh:

desquire
14-10-12, 11:30
Suddenly there's so many of us here!! This is so nice. Welcome all. Glad you found the place after all. Hehe.

Meanwhile, the workers really are working very very hard. I see many units lighted up even late into the night. Maye the zzzz in there instead hahah

Though I can't see the pool, I think they working on it at the same time. Hip hip hooray!:)

minami-san
14-10-12, 16:50
Haha! Thanks! Not the best stack so only 2 of us. Btw, i came across this ID, Free Space Intent, their designs are quite good. Just to share in this forum. Thanks for sharing, neighbour :) I have browsed through their designs...really good...i wonder what is their price range. Shall check them out!

minami-san
14-10-12, 16:52
I am thinking of folding doors for the balcony. Remember somebody mentioned in this forum that they have checked with Sim Lian and they said these could not be installed. Anybody know whether we can install after the 2 year period is over? It will be nice to have an extended living area...good for parties and perhaps can have alfresco dining area :))

Echelon
14-10-12, 20:24
Hi guys, can you kindly help to share here or PM me Shirley's email and contact number. TIA!

Kengar
14-10-12, 22:20
Here you are, good luck!

[email protected] ([email protected])
DID: 6303 6163

Hi guys, can you kindly help to share here or PM me Shirley's email and contact number. TIA!

Stoney Stone Stone
14-10-12, 22:20

Shirley refer me to Stephanie.
I link up with her.
I omit maid WC. (FOC)

[email protected]
DID: 6303 8498

You can CC to Shirely
[email protected]

Kengar
14-10-12, 22:24
Hi imchar16, Welcome!

Which stack are you at? 29, 30, 31 or 32?

Morning Neighbour!

Im in block 87 :)

Finally able to login after so long:doh:

kamparboy
15-10-12, 07:33
After all the wild guesses and progress, I'll stick to my guns and pick Q1 2014 as the most reasonable and practical time for the place to TOP in proper. Hehe. :D :D :D

I'll stick to Q3 2013 hopefully by End-Sep-13. So that i can hold my birthday celebration there....:ashamed1:

jjtio
15-10-12, 08:23
looks like the function rooms will be in huge demands. celebrations must be staggered. :cheers4:

Yuketen
15-10-12, 13:05
I am thinking of folding doors for the balcony. Remember somebody mentioned in this forum that they have checked with Sim Lian and they said these could not be installed. Anybody know whether we can install after the 2 year period is over? It will be nice to have an extended living area...good for parties and perhaps can have alfresco dining area :))

Hi dear all, I am new to the forum. Well, actually not entirely new as I have been diligently keeping track of the various discussion topics. I am about to acquire a unit in stack 23 (sub-sale). Its high floor and my key concerns, perhaps common to most of yours, are safety measures for the balcony as I have young children; and the possibility of integrating balcony space and the living hall space via installation of folding doors. In this regard, I have been following the thread on these two topics.

I strongly suggest we pool the requirement for invisible grills for economy of scale. In fact, we could perhaps ask Sim Lian to look into this after TOP. For the folding doors, my experience with Sim Lian (Stephanie) isnt too forthcoming.... they are not very open to it... I am strongly advocating the folding door as I find the living hall to be rather small...it will be great if both living hall and balcony could be an integrated space.

Kengar
15-10-12, 13:18
Sold another 6 units in Sept; median 898psf, balance 37 units left!

94.7% sold.

I suspect I saw one of the new buyers at the nearby reservoir carpark last month, they were holding to the big blue brochure book pointing at Waterview.

Cheers! :D

Kengar
15-10-12, 13:35
Welcome to the family!

I agree with your suggestions but likely Sim Lian will maintain the usual stance (as with other developers) to say no until the management committee is transferred out.

Hi dear all, I am new to the forum. Well, actually not entirely new as I have been diligently keeping track of the various discussion topics. I am about to acquire a unit in stack 23 (sub-sale). Its high floor and my key concerns, perhaps common to most of yours, are safety measures for the balcony as I have young children; and the possibility of integrating balcony space and the living hall space via installation of folding doors. In this regard, I have been following the thread on these two topics.

I strongly suggest we pool the requirement for invisible grills for economy of scale. In fact, we could perhaps ask Sim Lian to look into this after TOP. For the folding doors, my experience with Sim Lian (Stephanie) isnt too forthcoming.... they are not very open to it... I am strongly advocating the folding door as I find the living hall to be rather small...it will be great if both living hall and balcony could be an integrated space.

Kengar
15-10-12, 13:36
Will be a super crowded Tampines Ave 10 in future:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1231374/1/.html

SINGAPORE: The government is releasing five residential sites for sale in October 2012.

Together, the five land parcels - which include two executive condominium (EC) sites and three residential sites - will yield about 2,880 units.

In a joint statement, the Housing & Development Board (HDB) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said this is to provide developers and home-buyers with more choices for private housing.

The site at Bishan Street 14 near the Bishan MRT station and the EC site at Punggol Field Walk/Punggol East will be launched for tender by the HDB under the confirmed list of the second half (H2 2012) Government Land Sales (GLS) programme.

In addition, two residential land parcels at Tampines Avenue 10 will also be made available on Monday for application via the Reserve List.

Meanwhile, the EC site at Sembawang Crescent/Sembawang Drive will be launched for tender under the confirmed list on October 30.

- CNA/cc

cnud
15-10-12, 14:04
More amenities coming up once population swings up there.:cheers6:

desquire
15-10-12, 15:38
Is this going to turn out to be good news or a bad one? Bedok Reserboir also jam packed then they sold land in Pasir Ris one after another. Now back to Tampines. Oh my...:scared-3: :confused:

smpeh
15-10-12, 16:49
Is this going to turn out to be good news or a bad one? Bedok Reserboir also jam packed then they sold land in Pasir Ris one after another. Now back to Tampines. Oh my...:scared-3: :confused:

Depending on whether we want our place value to up and up? If so, it should be good news to have more amenities around. But traffic will be really tough if all comes on at once.

Btw, started paying my loan already last Friday....:2cents::2cents:

desquire
15-10-12, 16:53
Depending on whether we want our place value to up and up? If so, it should be good news to have more amenities around. But traffic will be really tough if all comes on at once.

Btw, started paying my loan already last Friday....:2cents::2cents:
More also means buyer have more options which can drive prices down isn't it? I'm not sure myself but it looks like buyers of the future also have a large pool to choose from. :confused:

smpeh
15-10-12, 17:07
More also means buyer have more options which can drive prices down isn't it? I'm not sure myself but it looks like buyers of the future also have a large pool to choose from. :confused:

Personally feels when the launches takes place, from where I stay, Austville, Riversound, Boathouse, Heron Bay, Riversails pop up one by one, pricing still stays somewhat.

cnud
15-10-12, 17:18
Prepare for 6 million!

smpeh
15-10-12, 17:23
Prepare for 6 million!

I think will be more than that once Singaporeans stop bringing up this topic. Think our PM got say about 6.5-7m.

atta
16-10-12, 00:40
Hi all! Another neighbout at stack 44. :)
Been following this thread for pretty long too.. haha!

Bought this unit too late hence cant mod much.. only managed to 'insist' on a oven space in the kitchen cabinet with power supply. And.. omission of master's wardrobe.

kamparboy
16-10-12, 09:27

Still ok kuah. they still haven't rezone the opposite area (Quarry Reservior) to residental yet. Imagine if they do that...:scared-1:

jbtay
16-10-12, 12:33
2 JCBs clearing the site opp WV. Looks like launching by year ? Good for WV:cheers4: huat ah!!
What happened to caltex station next to ARC, renovating? Should pull down and built kopitiam instead lah!!

jjtio
16-10-12, 13:20
Still ok kuah. they still haven't rezone the opposite area (Quarry Reservior) to residental yet. Imagine if they do that...:scared-1:
OMG. :doh:

jjtio
16-10-12, 13:21
2 JCBs clearing the site opp WV. Looks like launching by year ? Good for WV:cheers4: huat ah!!
What happened to caltex station next to ARC, renovating? Should pull down and built kopitiam instead lah!!

kopi tiam sounds good cos we will hv more residents soon thanks to the sale of new land parcels. :D

kamparboy
16-10-12, 14:03
kopi tiam sounds good cos we will hv more residents soon thanks to the sale of new land parcels. :D

It will be great if there is a wet market+hawker center along tampines avenue 8.....:cheers3:

Kengar
16-10-12, 14:16
Don't forget to add a MRT too!

All the properties there will then shoot up by $200 psf? Hahah
:D

It will be great if there is a wet market+hawker center along tampines avenue 8.....:cheers3:

desquire
16-10-12, 16:37
It would be even much much more interesting if they reclaim the reservoir and quarry at the same time to create more space for housing. :scared-3:

jjtio
17-10-12, 11:48
Don't forget to add a MRT too!

All the properties there will then shoot up by $200 psf? Hahah
:D

Got MRT liao. Tampines West. Dun think they will add one more so soon.

kamparboy
17-10-12, 11:57
It would be even much much more interesting if they reclaim the reservoir and quarry at the same time to create more space for housing. :scared-3:

Cannot la...this reservoir and quarry is for feng shui for VW la...no point buying VW if no reservior le...:p

cnud
17-10-12, 12:09
Cannot la...this reservoir and quarry is for feng shui for VW la...no point buying VW if no reservior le...:p

But a lot of negative vibes due to the bodies...

kamparboy
17-10-12, 12:36
Got MRT liao. Tampines West. Dun think they will add one more so soon.

Hope that they don't. I'm actually happy with the current setup. 3 bus stop to nearest future MRT...walking distance somemore...of course when it is pouring at the end of the year...we will wish there is an underground exit directly into VW.:p

minority
17-10-12, 12:40
Got free bodies

kamparboy
17-10-12, 12:56
But a lot of negative vibes due to the bodies...

Then NPARK should install more camera and lightning or lock up the area that is easily accessible to deep water (floating platform). Ppl like to jump into bedok reservior because of the following:

1) Easy to reach, bus,mrt, taxi.
2) Easy to be found
3) No patrol by NPARK or police....
4) Deep water......:scared-1: imagine if they have to walk 500m to reach deep water. i don't think they dare to jump in liao... maybe we should do a study which reservior is the deepest and pray that bedok reservior is not the deepest...

Lastly, NPARK have to consult feng shui master to cure the negative vibes.

auroraborealis
17-10-12, 14:44
can makan @ TP canteens... not sure if they r open over weekends though

Kengar
17-10-12, 21:49
Hi Bro, haven't seen you around for some time, wanted to follow up with you which stack did you get? I am updating the list. Thanks!

l_wee
17-10-12, 23:23

Back gate open till 3pm on Sat. Mac and Toastbox were open when I was there.

auroraborealis
17-10-12, 23:46
Stack 1... Acted too late, Missed stack 26 (ideal stack) but hope to swap eventually if get a chance :cheers6:

Hi Bro, haven't seen you around for some time, wanted to follow up with you which stack did you get? I am updating the list. Thanks!

Eastguy
20-10-12, 00:15
Was driving pass Waterview at 12am, guess what.....contractors were working at ground level:-)

desquire
20-10-12, 00:36
Can we go there for lunch? Public allowed? Hehe. OCK at Caltex. Now user reno. Maybe open small coffee joint. Starbucks perhaps. Haha. :D

cnud
20-10-12, 11:27
Can we go there for lunch? Public allowed? Hehe. OCK at Caltex. Now user reno. Maybe open small coffee joint. Starbucks perhaps. Haha. :D

Caltex says reopening in Dec 2012.

desquire
20-10-12, 11:33
Caltex says reopening in Dec 2012.
I think they changing the orientation of the whole place. Major renovation. This is one of the busiest petrol station tht I hv seen here. Cars in and out non stop. Maybe due to the upcoming housing available in the area, the place will extent further to cater to the needs of the people.

The Caltex business there really good. Hope WV gets the same attention and a small coffee joint too. Hahha. :p

desquire
22-10-12, 07:51
Many of the units now being sold at around 1150psf (subsale). Not bad, TOP still a year to go. Many of the information and agents mentioned Q3-Q4 being the TOP projection.

The workers really work till late. One of the stacks facing quarry already cemented and hence all in grey, no bricks can be seen already. Looks like all th blocks has reached the top!!:D

cnud
22-10-12, 09:03
Many of the units now being sold at around 1150psf (subsale). Not bad, TOP still a year to go. Many of the information and agents mentioned Q3-Q4 being the TOP projection.

The workers really work till late. One of the stacks facing quarry already cemented and hence all in grey, no bricks can be seen already. Looks like all th blocks has reached the top!!:D

Huh? 1150 psf? Ura shows only one at 1106. The rest sub 1000 leh..

desquire
22-10-12, 09:13
Huh? 1150 psf? Ura shows only one at 1106. The rest sub 1000 leh..

Those are the one put up on sale now. Can see many over PG. The one you mentioned were deals which were closed and sealed. Hhehehe.:D

cnud
22-10-12, 10:11
Oh.. Asking.. See got buyers bite... So many supplies coming out..

desquire
22-10-12, 10:18
Oh.. Asking.. See got buyers bite... So many supplies coming out..

Lotsa!! Not bad lah... at least some growth fior WV> waiting for the new launches along Tampines Avenue 10...

After the launch, we will have a clearer picture of what we're in for...:D

cnud
22-10-12, 11:01
Lotsa!! Not bad lah... at least some growth fior WV> waiting for the new launches along Tampines Avenue 10...

After the launch, we will have a clearer picture of what we're in for...:D

Yeah! Nice place... need more people to provide positive vibes there..:cheers1:

shanij
23-10-12, 09:19
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum :) My husband and I have bought a unit at WV as well. Not sure of stack no. But its at Blk 81, 9th floor facing the quarry. Anyone has any pictures of the show flats? of the cupboards and wardrobes and flooring? When we contacted Sim Lian they told us no changes to units and all the units have the same color for flooring, cupboards and wardrobes. I had thought we would have 2 choices at least out of which we would be able to choose.

Kengar
23-10-12, 11:30
Welcome Shanij

Your stack number would be the last 2 digits of your unit number #09-XX.

We have uploaded quite a number of pictures of the showflat, you can search under my nick or Desquire for the history of postings we uploaded.

Sim Lian is quite standard in their offering across all their developments where all would share similar layout, furnishings (bedroom and bathrooms etc).

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum :) My husband and I have bought a unit at WV as well. Not sure of stack no. But its at Blk 81, 9th floor facing the quarry. Anyone has any pictures of the show flats? of the cupboards and wardrobes and flooring? When we contacted Sim Lian they told us no changes to units and all the units have the same color for flooring, cupboards and wardrobes. I had thought we would have 2 choices at least out of which we would be able to choose.

azeoprop
24-10-12, 16:40
Update 24th Oct 2012. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8463/8118500367_0757f6945a_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8118500367/)
IMG_0931 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8118500367/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

kamparboy
24-10-12, 17:56
Update 24th Oct 2012. :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8463/8118500367_0757f6945a_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8118500367/)
IMG_0931 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/8118500367/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

Good job on the picture...:cheers4:

desquire
24-10-12, 20:37
Thanks bro! Beautiful!!:D

J.Volks
25-10-12, 20:45
Dear All

I am in stack 44. Bought the unit last November and have been following the thread for quite a long period.

Thanks for all the nice pictures posted.:cheers4:

I visited the showroom of Archipelago about a month ago and was quite shock to note that a 2+1 unit of about 980 sq ft cost about SGD1.2 Million.:scared-1:

Kengar
25-10-12, 21:38
Welcome J.Volks!

Our list is growing by the week! :D

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-16rTsi7WXJM/UIlAgiJ0OgI/AAAAAAAAAZk/B-ZXAr02fD8/s460/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack.xls%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%252010252012%252093629%2520PM.jpg

Dear All

I am in stack 44. Bought the unit last November and have been following the thread for quite a long period.

I visited the showroom of Archipelago about a month ago and was quite shock to note that a 2+1 unit of about 980 sq ft cost about SGD1.2 Million.:scared-1:

shootingstar
26-10-12, 06:17
Hi, my block is 23!

Welcome J.Volks!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-16rTsi7WXJM/UIlAgiJ0OgI/AAAAAAAAAZk/B-ZXAr02fD8/s460/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Stack.xls%2520%2520%255BCompatibility%2520Mode%255D%252010252012%252093629%2520PM.jpg

kamparboy
27-10-12, 08:56
Hi, my block is 23!

Wow...our list is growing.....total 41 of us here now...now let see 659 unit sold up to date...minus 41 ...then there is still 608 left....hmm....any idea how to get connect with more people?

tony6666
27-10-12, 09:43
Hi I'm at stack 21. Have follow the thread since day1 and enjoy those photos posted.:cheers6:

desquire
27-10-12, 12:52
Hi I'm at stack 21. Have follow the thread since day1 and enjoy those photos posted.:cheers6:
A warm welcome to all our FEC friends. Approximately a year to go and I believe this could be a sudden increase in te number of buyers with somewhat 30+ units left. Yeah!:p

bakasa2002
27-10-12, 14:30
Dear All

Well, the avg psf for WV and Archi already is quite a big diff at about 900psf vs 1100psf, so the higher cost is expected and I think the 2+1 unit at Archi is a loft unit, so the psf is even higher ...

leesg123
27-10-12, 14:39
Welcome J.Volks!

Chestnut vested in Water View?!

chestnut
27-10-12, 16:26
Chestnut vested in Water View?!

Haha, YUP. I also own Clover By The Park. I told a few people clover will jump like crazy and it did. This is purely a dividend play for me. The upside potential if any will come from feo selling of the condo just a stonea's throw away.

leesg123
27-10-12, 22:11
Haha, YUP. I also own Clover By The Park. I told a few people clover will jump like crazy and it did. This is purely a dividend play for me. The upside potential if any will come from feo selling of the condo just a stonea's throw away.
Steady lah u bro chestnut!

Kengar
28-10-12, 17:20
Hi Sis Eastlover or any WV fans out there, do you have any latest photos of the construction status of the interior site? Hopefully the good weather will allow you to take some nice shots! :D

IamSailing
29-10-12, 09:42
I'm in stack 04. Been following the thread for quite some time and enjoying the update of WV, especially the photos!:) Hope to see you all next year when we move in!

Floral
29-10-12, 10:01
Hi All, I'm in stack 14 and looking forward WV TOP next year:)

desquire
29-10-12, 10:22
Wow!! Suddenly the whole neighbourhood of WV is checking in!!! Hooray!! Welcome all!!!
:eek: :p :D :p :D :p :D :eek:

chmei
29-10-12, 10:31
Good job on the picture...:cheers4:

Thanks for all the pictures! Finally painting is in progress! Yay!:cheers5:

My hubby and I have been following rather closely on the progress of our new home. Oh we can't wait to move in! Our 4 year old son has been bugging us and asking when our 'house' is ready as we are now staying with my parents and he does not like it as much since he had to give up his own room full of toys and bunk with us now. He and his little brother surely need more 'land' to rough out in! The patio would be their private playground :)

kamparboy
29-10-12, 12:43
Far East launch Q Bay, received update from property guru alert
Price on ASK
Unit size: 797 sqft, 1066sqft

guysg27
29-10-12, 13:16
Far East launch Q Bay, received update from property guru alert
Price on ASK
Unit size: 797 sqft, 1066sqft

Hi All,

Have been following this thread for some time and recently bought a sub-sale unit in WV.

Saw the listing in PG for QBay, expecting more details to be out later in the week.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11980464/for-sale-qbay-at-tampines-ave-10-new-launch-by-far

auroraborealis
29-10-12, 13:39
let's wait & see... can help to benchmark our TOP pricing

Hi All,

Have been following this thread for some time and recently bought a sub-sale unit in WV.

Saw the listing in PG for QBay, expecting more details to be out later in the week.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11980464/for-sale-qbay-at-tampines-ave-10-new-launch-by-far

desquire
29-10-12, 14:54
let's wait & see... can help to benchmark our TOP pricing
Q must be Quarry. So it's either Quarry Bay or Water View. Haha. :D

Kengar
29-10-12, 15:44
"Q" is definitely not for "Quiet".

kamparboy
29-10-12, 17:09

Who will buy parcel B,C,D......the whole strech of tampines ave 10 is fill with private property liao :eek:

cnud
29-10-12, 17:11
Who will buy parcel B,C,D......the whole strech of tampines ave 10 is fill with private property liao :eek:

Saw this. But more amenities will be build there.

Kengar
29-10-12, 17:18

Logically Govt would start to build more amenities around there as time goes by, but not sure where they can do it.

The quarry park has alot of potential to be developed into some new nature theme park. Of course have to wait long long to come. Now the Govt is focusing efforts on Punggol and Jurong Lake. :)

cnud
29-10-12, 17:19
Logically Govt would start to build more amenities around there as time goes by, but not sure where they can do it.

The quarry park has alot of potential to be developed into some new nature theme park. Of course have to wait long long to come. Now the Govt is focusing efforts on Punggol and Jurong Lake. :)

Don't worry. SG land is small. Where can develop will develop. But more focus will be on sustainable development.. People love greens, parks, water bodies, MRT... think along this line..

shanij
29-10-12, 18:36
Hi,

I am in stack 20 :)

Welcome J.Volks!

desquire
29-10-12, 19:35

I think FEO has the answer to our questions. The Quarry park has many potential to help promote healthy lifestyle and family bonding. With an LRT, the place will be transformed into a fantastic park. ;)

joycewangwen
29-10-12, 19:58
You guys have so many rosy dreams...If not come true, you have 5 years to repent.:D:D

I think FEO has the answer to our questions. The Quarry park has many potential to help promote healthy lifestyle and family bonding. With an LRT, the place will be transformed into a fantastic park. ;)

chestnut
29-10-12, 20:02
You guys have so many rosy dreams...If not come true, you have 5 years to repent.:D:D

Why 5 years? :confused: :confused:

desquire
29-10-12, 20:35
I purchased for own stay. Hence, the 5year deadline is not applicable tohheheHehheheh. I merely purchased cause of what it has to offer at the moment. MRT is secondary in my list. More of the serenity of the location and I'm just staying a stone throw's away anyway. So, might as well.

If its not for the stack and layout, I would have passed it. The only reason I could see myself selling the place is due to financial issues and space. Otherwise, I think it's a beautiful place.

You're funny. You also buy leh. Hahhahahaah!!:D

chestnut
29-10-12, 20:52
OIC, then should be 4 years. She added additional year on her own. Hahaha. Btw, should be less now as many already holding more then 1 year Liao. Hahahaha

I purchased for own stay. Hence, the 5year deadline is not applicable tohheheHehheheh. I merely purchased cause of what it has to offer at the moment. MRT is secondary in my list. More of the serenity of the location and I'm just staying a stone throw's away anyway. So, might as well.

If its not for the stack and layout, I would have passed it. The only reason I could see myself selling the place is due to financial issues and space. Otherwise, I think it's a beautiful place.

You're funny. You also buy leh. Hahhahahaah!!:D

auroraborealis
29-10-12, 20:56
No need to worry so much about SSD... Majority of us shld be under 3-2-1% era??

OIC, then should be 4 years. She added additional year on her own. Hahaha. Btw, should be less now as many already holding more then 1 year Liao. Hahahaha

chestnut
29-10-12, 21:01
No need to worry so much about SSD... Majority of us shld be under 3-2-1% era??

I not leh, I 16,12,8,4. Hahaha.

But I not worried leh. Why, u may wonder. I kanna 40% down. And I renting out to UWC parents and kid/s. but waterview so inexpensive and rental from tropica is also quite good. So if I rent out 3.5k, I still got extra pocket money coming to me to drink Starbucks everyday.
I don't own tropica, I use their rental as benchmark.

auroraborealis
29-10-12, 21:31
Oic... Mine is now 1%...
Yah fully agree on the "so inexpensive"
Rental or own stay depends on whether I can endure the nearby ongoing construction... But fengshui there quite gd for own stay though

I not leh, I 16,12,8,4. Hahaha.

But I not worried leh. Why, u may wonder. I kanna 40% down. And I renting out to UWC parents and kid/s. but waterview so inexpensive and rental from tropica is also quite good. So if I rent out 3.5k, I still got extra pocket money coming to me to drink Starbucks everyday.
I don't own tropica, I use their rental as benchmark.

Kengar
29-10-12, 21:38
Joycewangwen is a guy , met him and his wife and, also Sis Eastlover and her hubby at the showflat last year (or last last year?? haha time flies) when we arranged with SL to view the marble tile. :D

chestnut
29-10-12, 21:41
Oic... Mine is now 1%...
Yah fully agree on the "so inexpensive"
Rental or own stay depends on whether I can endure the nearby ongoing construction... But fengshui there quite gd for own stay though

But construction will be far away. So not affected wat?

Tis one got chance to go up. But the rental is fine for me. To me, minimal downside. If have upside, then bonus. :cheers3:

desquire
29-10-12, 21:50
I hooted the unit in Nov 2010. Means 2yrs now. So that means a year after TOP I cab sell without any penalty? I also dunno. Haha. :beats-me-man:

chestnut
29-10-12, 21:58
I hooted the unit in Nov 2010. Means 2yrs now. So that means a year after TOP I cab sell without any penalty? I also dunno. Haha. :beats-me-man:

Aiya, u kanna 3/2/1. So after nov 2011 - kana 2%, after nov 2012 kana 1%, after nov 2013 - no more SSD. The SSD is so low, so don't bother lah. Commission to sell already 1%.

You buying to stay rite. Just enjoy lor. I find Sim Lian project is value for money and they config like hdb. Space utilization very solid. I also have clover by the park and the config for 1206sq ft really like old 5 room hdb. Really solid. Very squarish. Sim Lian tends to sell 'cheap' because they want to clear fast. And their marketing sucks big time. But as buyers, u save on the marketing, or lack of it.

East Lover
30-10-12, 18:37
Dear all FEC,

I'm back! So glad to see so many new FEC members... welcome to our great WV family!

East Lover
30-10-12, 18:39
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_2377.jpg

East Lover
30-10-12, 18:40
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_2378.jpg

Eastguy
30-10-12, 21:14

Nice picture.... Seems like long way to go :-((

desquire
30-10-12, 22:55
Thanks for the effort East Lover. Things are looking very bright. :D

Kengar
30-10-12, 23:42
Thanks Sis! We miss you! (and also your photos :D ).

Wow is that the Kids pool and the BBQ pit in the background??

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gNYo9gidGsw/UI_1BzgL3nI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/sjhC4jL_jgc/s912/img-waterview-siteplan-1024x537.jpg

Kengar
30-10-12, 23:45
The model in comparison

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-muDIZuDKov4/UI_1_tZ5iFI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/ZmJUxiVCAkQ/s720/photo.JPG

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_2378.jpg

minami-san
31-10-12, 00:12
Thanks for the effort East Lover. Things are looking very bright. :D
Nice! Can see part of the "8" already :)

minami-san
31-10-12, 00:15
Thanks Sis! We miss you! (and also your photos :D ).

Wow is that the Kids pool and the BBQ pit in the background??

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gNYo9gidGsw/UI_1BzgL3nI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/sjhC4jL_jgc/s912/img-waterview-siteplan-1024x537.jpg

Bro Kengar, I think that looks like the 50m lap pool..till todate, i am still wondering how they calculate the 50m...circumference? diameter? if circumference, i would need to swim ROUND the pool....never swam in circle before.hee

Kengar
31-10-12, 06:31
From the angle, it appears Sis Eastlover took from the Tropica block infront of the WV clubhouse, hence the pool under construction would be the kids pool. Notice the angle of the tower on the photo match that of the site plan.

Bro Kengar, I think that looks like the 50m lap pool..till todate, i am still wondering how they calculate the 50m...circumference? diameter? if circumference, i would need to swim ROUND the pool....never swam in circle before.hee

Justin3
31-10-12, 08:44
From the angle, it appears Sis Eastlover took from the Tropica block infront of the WV clubhouse, hence the pool under construction would be the kids pool. Notice the angle of the tower on the photo match that of the site plan.

Yes, I agreed with Bro Kengar.

It shall be the kids pool.

jbtay
31-10-12, 09:08
Nice picture.... Seems like long way to go :-((

Based on Sim Lians' signboard outside WV for TOP 3Q 13, looks about right though i.e. another 12 months of work to completion... Wouldn't want them to rush too. Most important is deliver good workmanship of basic fittings and fixtures with minimal defects, for us to have a wonderful Xmas 13. :cheers5:

zannchen
31-10-12, 09:48
Nice pictures!!! .....:D

jjtio
31-10-12, 10:42
thanks East Lover for the beautiful pics :)

looking fwd to move there next year :ashamed1:

East Lover
31-10-12, 13:56
Yes, it's kids pool. I said that in the title of my post...:D
Bro Kengar, thanks for your photo match. :p

East Lover
31-10-12, 13:58
thanks East Lover for the beautiful pics :)

looking fwd to move there next year :ashamed1:

you are welcome.

East Lover
31-10-12, 15:29
I noticed FEO is building up showflat opp Water View now... good news?

Kengar
31-10-12, 16:09
This should have positive upside from the "FEO effect".

Interesting to see what theme will FEO sell in this project.

I noticed FEO is building up showflat opp Water View now... good news?

desquire
31-10-12, 16:42
This should have positive upside from the "FEO effect".

Interesting to see what theme will FEO sell in this project.
Same selling point at WV. Minus reservoir and more petrol discount for being beside Caltex. Hehe. :D

East Lover
31-10-12, 17:03
Same selling point at WV. Minus reservoir and more petrol discount for being beside Caltex. Hehe. :D
if same selling points of WV and without the rare beautiful water view, how can FEO sell sky high price? let's see how will they play the game. must be interesting :D

desquire
31-10-12, 17:11
if same selling points of WV and without the rare beautiful water view, how can FEO sell sky high price? let's see how will they play the game. must be interesting :D
So maybe they sell at 750psf average. Hahahahahahah! We can bite out tongue together. :sleep:

chestnut
31-10-12, 17:49
So maybe they sell at 750psf average. Hahahahahahah! We can bite out tongue together. :sleep:

Bro, if they sell at 750 psf, I will buy. Hahahaha. This is the message from agent :

Greeting the arrival of 2013, we will be launching another exciting residential project in a joint effort with FEO and Sekisui House. Located at the corner of Tampines Ave 1 and 10, the development is slated to inspire lives by its close proximity to the tranquil body of water at Tampines Quarry Park, as well as its excellent location close to the Tampines Regional Centre.

Comprising of over 620 units, this new development is positioned to offer a varied choice of housing options to cater to different needs. Watch out for some new and innovative lifestyle options that will surely woo the most discerning homebuyer.

East Lover
31-10-12, 18:03
Bro, if they sell at 750 psf, I will buy. Hahahaha. This is the message from agent :

Greeting the arrival of 2013, we will be launching another exciting residential project in a joint effort with FEO and Sekisui House. Located at the corner of Tampines Ave 1 and 10, the development is slated to inspire lives by its close proximity to the tranquil body of water at Tampines Quarry Park, as well as its excellent location close to the Tampines Regional Centre.

Comprising of over 620 units, this new development is positioned to offer a varied choice of housing options to cater to different needs. Watch out for some new and innovative lifestyle options that will surely woo the most discerning homebuyer.
will have soho, house, suit and condo again???
see how FEO woo the home buyers :rolleyes:

desquire
31-10-12, 19:03

From the message its pretty clear FEO hold the ace card in thir hands. They know what the area wilkbe tansformed into in future.

So our guess of the potential on that end part of Tampines is quite clear. They doing something interesting over at the location.

We will get our answers soon and we will have our broad smiles soon. Hahhaha. :)

desquire
31-10-12, 19:08
will have soho, house, suit and condo again???
see how FEO woo the home buyers :rolleyes:
Whats new. Yup, they will have the different types of housing to cater to tue different needs plus marble, free oven, free fridge, free washer and at 750psf. How's that? Hhahhaha. :scared-3:

minami-san
31-10-12, 22:25
Come to think of it, you are right! :)

chestnut
31-10-12, 22:35
Those staying there, can u advise how far is it to tampines west mrt? The website stated can walk there? I have no idea but I really don't think so near.

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/[email protected]#section=Highlights

bakasa2002
31-10-12, 22:42
Those staying there, can u advise how far is it to tampines west mrt? The website stated can walk there? I have no idea but I really don't think so near.

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/[email protected]#section=Highlights

I seriously dont think you can walk there, cos it's at least 15min ... About 4 bus stop away. Tampines west mrt is at intersection of tamp ave 1 & 4

chestnut
31-10-12, 22:45
Walking will take about 15min ...

Hahaha. Damn good marketing. How far is it? If 2 km, more like jogging man.

teck
31-10-12, 23:10

Just within mins walk to Future Tampines West MRT station

Haha.... It's just too far to be "within mins"....

J.Volks
01-11-12, 00:29
I understand that FE site opposite Waterview will have eight Blocks of 15storeys and over 600 units. Not sure info accurate. Based on the size of the condo site, it will be congested and curious to know how the layout would be.

Do any one know where are the lifts located in Waterview? I forgot to ask but understand two lifts serving every floor. Are they side by side or facing each other?

East Lover
01-11-12, 08:52
I understand that FE site opposite Waterview will have eight Blocks of 15storeys and over 600 units. Not sure info accurate. Based on the size of the condo site, it will be congested and curious to know how the layout would be.

Do any one know where are the lifts located in Waterview? I forgot to ask but understand two lifts serving every floor. Are they side by side or facing each other?
facing each other in the center of lobby.

jbtay
01-11-12, 09:36
I seriously dont think you can walk there, cos it's at least 15min ... About 4 bus stop away. Tampines west mrt is at intersection of tamp ave 1 & 4

Brisk walk 12 mins, have timed this couple of times. Have been walking back from Bedok Interchange to Aquarius 2 days a week after work on my work days with my backpack, a good 40 mins leisurely pace, very refreshing ...
Of course, not everyone's cup of tea. But Waterview of QBay to Tampines West Stn in the evening, should be quite pleasant when Temsek Poly finsihed up all its ongoing works around the driveways. :sleep:

bakasa2002
01-11-12, 11:10
Brisk walk 12 mins, have timed this couple of times. Have been walking back from Bedok Interchange to Aquarius 2 days a week after work on my work days with my backpack, a good 40 mins leisurely pace, very refreshing ...
Of course, not everyone's cup of tea. But Waterview of QBay to Tampines West Stn in the evening, should be quite pleasant when Temsek Poly finsihed up all its ongoing works around the driveways. :sleep:

Ya, it's not impossible to walk just quite a distance at 1.3km (on onemap). I would personally take a bus but if you walk from Bedok Interchange to Aquarius, then this will be chicken feet if it's good weather. ;)

East Lover
01-11-12, 14:19
Ya, it's not impossible to walk just quite a distance at 1.3km (on onemap). I would personally take a bus but if you walk from Bedok Interchange to Aquarius, then this will be chicken feet if it's good weather. ;)
I wish FEO can convince gov to build big LRT to link simei, tampines and pasir ris together, so that we can go to pasir ris beach by LRT, go to tampines center by LRT, go to IKEA by LRT and go to changi hostiplca by LRT :cheers4:

Kehl
01-11-12, 16:40
To anyone who is interested in Decking and Bay Windows

WoodPro, is a member of the National Wood Flooring Association and one of the few timber contractors who registered with the Building Control Authority (BCA). We have done numerous Decking and Bay Windows at Mi Casa/ Caspian / Rochelle / Vivace / The Verve... Etc.
Do kindly contact us at 93668200 / 96839276 or send us an email to [email protected]
Below are some photographs of our recently completed projects.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/BayWindow_04.jpg
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/Decking_Balcony.jpg
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/Decking_PlanterCurved.jpg

Perlin
01-11-12, 23:22
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert
Web : www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com)

cnud
05-11-12, 23:24
Rental at Tropica for 2 Br hovers around $2600 to $3150 since Jan 2012 according to URA record. So do your own sums.

chestnut
06-11-12, 04:00
Rental at Tropica for 2 Br hovers around $2600 to $3150 since Jan 2012 according to URA record. So do your own sums.

Bro, and your point is?:confused: :confused:

East Lover
06-11-12, 08:19
bor cnud strongly recommend you WV for own stay :D as retirement house hahaha

chestnut
06-11-12, 08:38
bor cnud strongly recommend you WV for own stay :D as retirement house hahaha

OIC. Cannot yet la. My kids still need a big place. My current dwelling 2,000 sq ft. If I shift there, I will bump into my kids at every corner and my dog will have no place to move around. Hahaha.

I actually was looking at 2.4k sq ft but gave up after a while.

Most likely will shift to smaller unit 7 years after I retire in about 1-2 year time.

But WV is a good place for me to shift to lah.... At least I can get more money from my Clover by the Park. That one rental shiok.

I got the 3+1 config. 1109 sq ft. Amazed how they squeezed so much into such a small floor area. My CBTP is 1206 sq ft super high floor.

Me at stack 19. So master bedroom can see bedok reservoir. No fear of west sun for me as I am an air-con man.

When TOP, we should meet lah... Celebrate the occasion.:cheers5::cheers5:

This 1 will give me some kopi money for starbucks. Hahahaha

East Lover
06-11-12, 08:42
OIC. Cannot yet la. My kids still need a big place. My current dwelling 2,000 sq ft. If I shift there, I will bump into my kids at every corner and my dog will have no place to move around. Hahaha.

I actually was looking at 2.4k sq ft but gave up after a while.

Most likely will shift to smaller unit 7 years after I retire in about 1-2 year time.

But WV is a good place for me to shift to lah.... At least I can get more money from my Clover by the Park. That one rental shiok.

I got the 3+1 config. 1109 sq ft. Amazed how they squeezed so much into such a small floor area. My CBTP is 1206 sq ft super high floor.

Me at stack 19. So master bedroom can see bedok reservoir. No fear of west sun for me as I am an air-con man.

When TOP, we should meet lah... Celebrate the occasion.:cheers5::cheers5:

This 1 will give me some kopi money for starbucks. Hahahaha
for big big space, must look for old project lah. how about the pebble bay we discussed in QBay? big, nice, near city and quiet, and.... expensive :D

chestnut
06-11-12, 08:56
for big big space, must look for old project lah. how about the pebble bay we discussed in QBay? big, nice, near city and quiet, and.... expensive :D

Sis, I quite happy with my 2k unit in Pasir Panjang already. I actually bot my neighbours unit opposite mine. I was supposed to move in with my wife and mum and let my kids stay in current unit. Then my mum decided to move out? What a joke. So that unit rented out. That unit also 2k. I just bot it 1 year ago.

I was looking at the coast at Sentosa but so happen my neighbour decided to sell and I bot w/o telling telling them I am the buyer. If not surely mark up like crazy. That one already up 200K. But rental damn siong for 4 bedder. Not worth it. Only looking at capital gain. But Pasir Panjang going to be hot with a few more projects coming out - like village, etc...

Oops, too much mentioned liao....

cnud
06-11-12, 10:02

My point is.... rental will be about that range + 20% = $3600 for 2 br. So quite good la. :cheers5:

chestnut
06-11-12, 10:06
My point is.... rental will be about that range + 20% = $3600 for 2 br. So quite good la. :cheers5:

OIC. Mine 3+1, so hopefully better a bit la. U got how many bedder?
Very difficult to decipher your facts leh. My brain puny small. Hahaha

cnud
06-11-12, 10:10
OIC. Mine 3+1, so hopefully better a bit la. U got how many bedder?
Very difficult to decipher your facts leh. My brain puny small. Hahaha

Got a 2 br. Mid floor, overlooking Qbay, partial Quarry view.

zeamybro
06-11-12, 10:26
Sis, I quite happy with my 2k unit in Pasir Panjang already. I actually bot my neighbours unit opposite mine. I was supposed to move in with my wife and mum and let my kids stay in current unit. Then my mum decided to move out? What a joke. So that unit rented out. That unit also 2k. I just bot it 1 year ago.

I was looking at the coast at Sentosa but so happen my neighbour decided to sell and I bot w/o telling telling them I am the buyer. If not surely mark up like crazy. That one already up 200K. But rental damn siong for 4 bedder. Not worth it. Only looking at capital gain. But Pasir Panjang going to be hot with a few more projects coming out - like village, etc...

Oops, too much mentioned liao....

Wow nut-bro .. so much personal info here...

Yeah The Coast is v nice and is my fave project in Sentosa ... I find the sea facing balconies v nice but overall i think the project is very 'transparent' .. esp at night anyone driving or strolling along the road in front can get a complete view of the interior. The Berth is less 'glassy' so enjoys more privacy. Azure is directly next to the sea, so even more privacy.

The Caltex station opp WV will be reopening soon? Mabbe will have an even bigger mart to cater to the influx of residents in the area =)

chestnut
06-11-12, 10:32
Too much info hor?? Alot and yet cannot decipher....

But OK for me lah.... I quite use to it lah.... (this statement very deep - see if you can catch it... Hahahaha) If you u catch it, I buy u coffee..

Wow nut-bro .. so much personal info here...

Yeah The Coast is v nice and is my fave project in Sentosa ... I find the sea facing balconies v nice but overall i think the project is very 'transparent' .. esp at night anyone driving or strolling along the road in front can get a complete view of the interior. The Berth is less 'glassy' so enjoys more privacy. Azure is directly next to the sea, so even more privacy.

The Caltex station opp WV will be reopening soon? Mabbe will have an even bigger mart to cater to the influx of residents in the area =)

zeamybro
06-11-12, 10:37
Too much info hor?? Alot and yet cannot decipher....

But OK for me lah.... I quite use to it lah.... (this statement very deep - see if you can catch it... Hahahaha) If you u catch it, I buy u coffee..

you exhibitionist issit? (refering to the transparency of the coast) lol

chestnut
06-11-12, 10:44
you exhibitionist issit? (refering to the transparency of the coast) lol
Wa Lau :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

The girls who meet me hope so la... That was 10 years ago. I still maintain my charm and I am quite authoritative, so to the girls, they see I am quite unique... Hahaha. And for my age, I must admit, I am quite in good shape.

Ok, 1 try only.... Game over. No coffee liao... Phew....:D

zeamybro
06-11-12, 10:51
Wa Lau :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

The girls who meet me hope so la... That was 10 years ago. I still maintain my charm and I am quite authoritative, so to the girls, they see I am quite unique... Hahaha. And for my age, I must admit, I am quite in good shape.

Ok, 1 try only.... Game over. No coffee liao... Phew....:D

Okie i concede ... no coffee nvm =)

Though you not a physical exhibitionist, but i believe you are pretty much a spiritual exhibitionist in person, meaning you dont really hide your feelings and would openly share your feelings and thoughts to the ppl around u

chestnut
06-11-12, 11:03
Okie i concede ... no coffee nvm =)

Though you not a physical exhibitionist, but i believe you are pretty much a spiritual exhibitionist in person, meaning you dont really hide your feelings and would openly share your feelings and thoughts to the ppl around u
In real life, only if I feel there is a connection. Yes, I will share. I do believe in giving and sharing my knowledge. No holds barred.

I am also wary of how I speak as I may pass off as being too arrogant and full of myself. But, people who know me do know I mean well.

I do find it difficult to express myself in the forum, my objective here is to TCSS and share what little knowledge I have. Hahaha

And bro, it comes with the territory.

auroraborealis
06-11-12, 11:21
wah $3600 for 2br u're too much
i ask $3500 can le :cheers5:

roly8
06-11-12, 12:44
In real life, only if I feel there is a connection. Yes, I will share. I do believe in giving and sharing my knowledge. No holds barred.

I am also wary of how I speak as I may pass off as being too arrogant and full of myself. But, people who know me do know I mean well.

I do find it difficult to express myself in the forum, my objective here is to TCSS and share what little knowledge I have. Hahaha

And bro, it comes with the territory.
hello bro, i always enjoy your post. harsh but with very good intention.
i am considering wv for own stay..
:o

chestnut
06-11-12, 14:18

Bro, for own stay, really must have "feelings" involved. It must be like love at first sight. Everything must be rite. Near kids school, near office, near something you like, be it sea, crowd, non-crowd, etc....

For me, investment property buying is so much easier, but when it comes to home, wife must like, kids must like, if not got problem at home. But thats just me....

Investment, no sweat. When I bot Gardens at Bishan, I went in to take a look at the place, I nearly fainted !!! But this is personal opinion, no harm intended on Gardens. My wife asked, are you sure u want to buy, so gloomy leh. I told her, whats our goal. Make money rite, then leave it to me. Bought below 900K, rented out for 3.5K. Sold recently for some profits. Wanted to rent somemore but my agent champion. Found me an offer I couldn't refuse. Set a benchmark there.

Good luck in your dream home.:cheers5:

zeamybro
06-11-12, 14:25

There was an earlier thread asking along the line who is your fave in condosingapore forum. I didnt comment on that, but now i must say Bro Chestnut is my fave.

Yeah, through his postings we get to know he owns many properties and earns big bucks ... Not sure how others feel, but to me, it was quite clear that he wasnt here to boast but to share his knowledge quoting his personal experiences etc.

And most imptly, I could even sense his compassion through his postings *respect*

chestnut
06-11-12, 14:42
There was an earlier thread asking along the line who is your fave in condosingapore forum. I didnt comment on that, but now i must say Bro Chestnut is my fave.

Yeah, through his postings we get to know he owns many properties and earns big bucks ... Not sure how others feel, but to me, it was quite clear that he wasnt here to boast but to share his knowledge quoting his personal experiences etc.

And most imptly, I could even sense his compassion through his postings *respect*
Bro, thanks... I really am not a boaster cock. If you meet me in person, you will feel my sincerity.... To me, the forum allows for some to boost their ego. It is like an alter ego state. I really dont need it here. There really are many people in real life that boost this part and I really have no lack of it.

I just share whatever I have. To me, it is like national service. Give back to people and hope that they will succeed. My firm believe is, you must work for yourself smart and hard in the early years. Earn big bucks, then buying will never be a problem. Learn skills which others dont have. Imagine if you can save 200K per year. Every 2 years, you can buy a condo right??? Dare to dream my friend... It is indeed possible, you just need to know where to find it. Be up the pinnacle early and you save like crazy and you will be rewarded in future. But you will need to give up something to achieve that. What is this something??? Health, family time, some principles (but u must have ob markers to always guide you. If it drifts too far, stay within the ob markers).
I really can sense there are really capable people here.

I always tell my people - What is your objective. You MUST HAVE AN OBJECTIVE.

It is like waking up and saying, I want to go Jurong. Then you can map it out. But if you wake up and say, I want to go out, too much time is spent trying to figure out where to go....

So guys - Objective !!!! Set a goal and aim towards it. And lastly, always think positive. Nobody wants to be close to a negative person. So in times of trouble, still keep your chin up and think positive. There will always be a solution to a problem/issue.

Cheers !!!!
:cheers4::cheers4:

cnud
06-11-12, 14:47
Bro, thanks... I really am not a boaster cock. If you meet me in person, you will feel my sincerity.... To me, the forum allows for some to boost their ego. It is like an alter ego state. I really dont need it here. There really are many people in real life that boost this part and I really have no lack of it.

I just share whatever I have. To me, it is like national service. Give back to people and hope that they will succeed. My firm believe is, you must work for yourself smart and hard in the early years. Earn big bucks, then buying will never be a problem. Learn skills which others dont have. Imagine if you can save 200K per year. Every 2 years, you can buy a condo right??? Dare to dream my friend... It is indeed possible, you just need to know where to find it. Be up the pinnacle early and you save like crazy and you will be rewarded in future. But you will need to give up something to achieve that. What is this something??? Health, family time, some principles (but u must have ob markers to always guide you. If it drifts too far, stay within the ob markers).

It is like waking up and saying, I want to go Jurong. Then you can map it out. But if you wake up and say, I want to go out, too much time is spent trying to figure out where to go....

So guys - Objective !!!! Set a goal and aim towards it. And lastly, always think positive. Nobody wants to be close to a negative person. So in times of trouble, still keep your chin up and think positive. There will always be a solution to a problem/issue.

Cheers !!!!
:cheers4::cheers4: :cheers5:

East Lover
06-11-12, 15:01

Cheers !!!!
i like it! :cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

East Lover
06-11-12, 15:02
carbuncle, wv where got boring one.... wanna to be our FEC member? :D :D :D

carbuncle
06-11-12, 15:09
Simi si FEC??

East Lover
06-11-12, 15:17
Simi si FEC??
Friendly East Club :D our dear WV membership ;)

zeamybro
06-11-12, 15:29

EL Sis . ... Pebble Bay may seem near to the city but its actually separated from it by a huge water body. How I wish they build a linking bridge over, but unfortunately the residents would need to drive a big loop in order to reach the city ie. either by stadium blvd then nicoll highway, or drive eastwards to Fort Rd then ECP to city. You get the so-near-yet-so-far feeling.....

Stadium MRT is abt 8min's walk, and just a few stops to the MBFC though.

East Lover
06-11-12, 15:35
EL Sis . ... Pebble Bay may seem near to the city but its actually separated from it by a huge water body. How I wish they build a linking bridge over, but unfortunately the residents would need to drive a big loop in order to reach the city ie. either by stadium blvd then nicoll highway, or drive eastwards to Fort Rd then ECP to city. You get the so-near-yet-so-far feeling.....

Stadium MRT is abt 8min's walk, and just a few stops to the MBFC though.
if got link, price will go even higher liao.... only problem is toooooo much indian there hehehe :p

zeamybro
06-11-12, 15:51
if got link, price will go even higher liao.... only problem is toooooo much indian there hehehe :p

LOLz... dont like that la, actually still have many ang mohs and more and more koreans/japs families these days. I hardly see any locals...

WV would be a good choice for own stay la, at least a large percentage of the neighbours will still be locals. The nearby reservoir park would be ideal for young kids and old folks to get in touch with the nature. If drive, Giant, Ikea and Sinflora is just a few mins' drive away.

So Roly8 ... go for WV =)

roly8
06-11-12, 17:35
me is calculating the risk..
just in case i am out of job...still got some backup plan..:o

do you think interest rate will be 1% for next 10 years?

me plan to get 3rm unit @ about 1million ..
:scared-3:

anyway, i also doubt i can get good unit now.. just by looking at propertygurus listing.. :o

4wheels
06-11-12, 17:38
anyway, i also doubt i can get good unit now.. just by looking at propertygurus listing.. :o

Left with quarry view (base on developer term, to me is west sun) units and some patio units.

roly8
06-11-12, 17:43
Left with quarry view (base on developer term, to me is west sun) units and some patio units.
wah lao :beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

Khng8
06-11-12, 18:13

Cheers !!!!

:cheers4:
Well said!

desquire
06-11-12, 18:48

Cheers !!!!

Wahhhh. Steady lah bro. ;)

desquire
06-11-12, 18:53
Yup, some of the units are pretty decent and they even hv high floors. Facing the quarry or now known as the lake view.

I think a few more units were grabbed this month too. So jump in fast bro. Else can go for those subsale.

One of the frontrunners at block 12, 3-bedder asking for 1.45. Heard 1.36 rejected. Hahahahahaha. Don't know how true though. :scared-2:

joycewangwen
06-11-12, 18:59
words of wisdom...:spliff::spliff: Objective !!!! for yourself, for your family, for the society...

谋事在人,成事在天。
左右逢源,随遇而安。

人生苦短,及时行乐。
荣华富贵,閔閔注定。

Cheers !!!!

zeamybro
06-11-12, 19:07
wah lao :beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

You may hiam Quarry view now has west sun, but wait till FEO launch QBay, quarry facing units may be launched as premium stacks

But remember to buy within your means

roly8
06-11-12, 19:10
Yup, some of the units are pretty decent and they even hv high floors. Facing the quarry or now known as the lake view.

I think a few more units were grabbed this month too. So jump in fast bro. Else can go for those subsale.

One of the frontrunners at block 12, 3-bedder asking for 1.45. Heard 1.36 rejected. Hahahahahaha. Don't know how true though. :scared-2:
me saw that listing too..

so bold. but out of budget :(

4wheels
06-11-12, 19:14
You may hiam Quarry view now has west sun, but wait till FEO launch QBay, quarry facing units may be launched as premium stacks

This is true. I surveyed the area a few times but ...

chestnut
06-11-12, 19:32

Bro, u steady. Check this out

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/[email protected]

Their pitch - beautiful resort lifestyle living with breathtaking view.

Wa lau. The road noise will be dampened by double glazed windows.

Steady rite..... I salute.

Btw, my WV is quarry view ok. So I not talking down anyone. I actually like the view. I go for view and on a/c. But this 1 renting out.

:D :D

East Lover
06-11-12, 20:10
Fraser Centerpoint? Not FEO?

Btw, my WV is quarry view ok. So I not talking down anyone. I actually like the view. I go for view and on a/c. But this 1 renting out.

zeamybro
06-11-12, 20:14

The trio - QBay @ Tampines By Fraser Centrepoint , Far East Organisation , Sekisui House

chestnut
06-11-12, 20:16

Tripartite

Far east, Fraser, sekuisi house(jap firm). They have been partnering for many projects.

Kengar
06-11-12, 21:03
Wah sei, the website state "6 mins drive to Marina IR, Singapore Flyer and CBD"

Must drive a Ferrari on an empty road with no traffic and traffic lights. :spliff:

zeamybro
06-11-12, 21:09
Wah sei, the website state "6 mins drive to Marina IR, Singapore Flyer and CBD"

Must drive a Ferrari on an empty road with no traffic and traffic lights. :spliff:
Back in my uni days, i ever clocked 15 min driving from NUS hostel to Bedok Reservoir at 2am in the morning.. Mabbe this 6min is also achievable at this wee hours.

Radha said he ever sped at 200kmh .....mabbe he can do it within 4min :hell-hath-no-fury:

East Lover
06-11-12, 21:12
Back in my uni days, i ever clocked 15 min driving from NUS hostel to Bedok Reservoir at 2am in the morning.. Mabbe this 6min is also achievable at this wee hours.

Radha said he ever sped at 200kmh .....mabbe he can do it within 4min :hell-hath-no-fury:
Sidetrack: Back to my holiday days, my Disney resort direct shuttle bus took 20 mins to disney magic kingdom, does it mean Disney world is almost as big as Singapore? :D :D :D

chestnut
06-11-12, 21:56
Sidetrack: Back to my holiday days, my Disney resort direct shuttle bus took 20 mins to disney magic kingdom, does it mean Disney world is almost as big as Singapore? :D :D :D

So which Disney u like the most in Orlando? Was there 2 years ago. Completed the entire Disney liao. The last was Paris last year.

The kids really enjoyed even though they already quite big.

East Lover
06-11-12, 22:14
So which Disney u like the most in Orlando? Was there 2 years ago. Completed the entire Disney liao. The last was Paris last year.

The kids really enjoyed even though they already quite big.
Animal kingdom. Epcot disappointed me, the food there so so leh...
We haven't visited Paris one yet, last time we visited Paris, my boy too young. In fact I was thinking if we should go Paris Disney in near future, to make it complete :D a bit childish or not? :ashamed1:

chestnut
06-11-12, 22:21
We haven't visited Paris one yet, last time we visited Paris, my boy too young. In fact I was thinking if we should go Paris Disney in near future, to make it complete :D a bit childish or not? :ashamed1:

Paris Disney must go. My kids enjoyed the final stage. It was so fun because they are quite big.

smpeh
07-11-12, 04:40

Agree with you, Sis. Did you stay at in Disney itself? Cos we didn't so travel time cost us a bit hence We didn't managed to cover the whole area :D

Think they are still expanding cos Disney bought the entire area on the cheap, think by the time they finished it will be double the size now, it's what I heard.:scared-4:

chestnut
07-11-12, 04:53
Agree with you, Sis. Did you stay at in Disney itself? Cos we didn't so travel time cost us a bit hence We didn't managed to cover the whole area :D

Think they are still expanding cos Disney bought the entire area on the cheap, think by the time they finished it will be double the size now, it's what I heard.:scared-4:

Bro, theme park must always add new attractions, then there will be repeat customers. So the theme park will grow and grow and grow.

Animal kingdom is the memorable one because none of the other Disney has it. Quite a different experience. To go US, really need AA card to get all the discounts,

So where u stayed in orland? I stayed in something like a bungalow. Florida was so much cheaper then NY. But I really enjoyed NY.

Actually, I do go US a lot for my biz trip and each state is so unique. Oops. Better stop here.

smpeh
07-11-12, 06:45
Bro, theme park must always add new attractions, then there will be repeat customers. So the theme park will grow and grow and grow.

Animal kingdom is the memorable one because none of the other Disney has it. Quite a different experience. To go US, really need AA card to get all the discounts,

So where u stayed in orland? I stayed in something like a bungalow. Florida was so much cheaper then NY. But I really enjoyed NY.

Actually, I do go US a lot for my biz trip and each state is so unique. Oops. Better stop here.

Cant remember where we stayed, but we really enjoy the shopping there.

Yes, NY is really one a kind states in the world that give you that feeling.

Unless its biz class, I don't think I enjoy the journey to US so often :D cos its really long, think a lot of biz guys missed the direct flight to US from SQ already.

East Lover
07-11-12, 08:41

Yes we stayed in Disney for 6 nights. Initially we wanted to stay in bungalow also, but last mins my friend's daughter back from her 6-mth disney intership stopped us, and highly recommended us to stay inside Disney. She told us it would waste too much time if you stay outside and don't drive.

we enjoyed several extra magical hours - magic kingdom open till 2AM, epcot till 12AM. my boy was so exicted to play at 1AM in Disney, insisted to try all those 无聊 rides, regardless how spleey two of us were:D

End result was: when we went to universal studio on the last day, none of us could wake up early. After our good lunch in Bubba Shrimp, we only arrived there around 2:30PM :p after big shopping in Harry Porter, the energy left only allowed us to take simple ride, so we tried dispensable me, simpson family, and Spider Man hahaha.

Studio closed at 7PM, end up we took taxi to outlet to buy Choach bags hahaha :D

I think we have to allocate at least 6-7 full days in Oralando. one day just for re-charging - shopping in outlet, Downtown Disney, or even international drive. otherwise, after 2-3 days non-stop theme parking, one will easily run out of energy... :(

East Lover
07-11-12, 08:48

US is fun - my hubby likes museum in NY, i like shooping, my son likes theme parks, but as bro smpeh said, the flight is killing. too long to endore leh... it took 24 hours to arrive home from Orlando. 12 noon left orlando, almost 12 midnight arrived SG. dont forget you want to wake up early to pack, to check in, to pass security. I think i woke up around 7AM...

desquire
07-11-12, 11:16
me saw that listing too..

so bold. but out of budget :(

Try go down the 3-in-one showroom over at Tampines Central, you might be in for a surprise at what's left...

Might just suit your budget if you don't mind the quarry facing units...

No harm checking them out. Maybe you'll pick one... hehehhe.:D

chestnut
07-11-12, 11:25
Try go down the 3-in-one showroom over at Tampines Central, you might be in for a surprise at what's left...

Bro, you hurt my feelings leh. "dont mind the quarry view". Qbay will be selling the project feature based on quarry view leh.... Hahahaha

When Qbay launch, waterview quarry will be snapped up. Hahahaha Anyway, left only 37 units. Sup, sup swee....

Look at the quarry view

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12144089/for-sale-waterview
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11891077/for-sale-waterview

:jaw-dropping:

desquire
07-11-12, 11:36
Bro, you hurt my feelings leh. "dont mind the quarry view". Qbay will be selling the project feature based on quarry view leh.... Hahahaha

When Qbay launch, waterview quarry will be snapped up. Hahahaha Anyway, left only 37 units. Sup, sup swee....

Look at the quarry view

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12144089/for-sale-waterview
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11891077/for-sale-waterview

:jaw-dropping:

Apologies on my behalf if thats how it wss interpreted. It wasn't meant to be that way.

What I meant was that most of the units left over, majority if not all are those with quarry view or they now so called labelled as lake view. Honestly, I've seen the view taken from one of the agents. I can tell you it's beautiful!!!

Even the reservoir facing units will apparently have a fair share of the sun but on good cool days, the view is unbeatable... be it reservoir or quarry (those sea facing units being an exception). Hehehe.

Sorry bro. Didn't mean to be harmful in any way...:D

zeamybro
07-11-12, 11:36

Where exactly at Tampines Central is the showflat located ah? Feel like going there to kpo... Thanks in advanced.

chestnut
07-11-12, 11:40
Bro, I joking lah.... I was seriously joking.... Must relax lah...

Really, no one size fit all. Some will like tall girls, some fat girls, if not we all liao already....

Hahahaha.. I didnt know I so serious... I typing like I facing someone and joking... Forgot, typing projects different images because there is no facial attachment to it. Paiseh...
:o:o:o:cool::cool:

Apologies on my behalf if thats how it wss interpreted. It wasn't meant to be that way.

What I meant was that most of the units left over, majority if not all are those with quarry view or they now so called labelled as lake view. Honestly, I've seen the view taken from one of the agents. I can tell you it's beautiful!!!

Even the reservoir facing units will apparently have a fair share of the sun but on good cool days, the view is unbeatable... be it reservoir or quarry (those sea facing units being an exception). Hehehe.

Sorry bro. Didn't mean to be harmful in any way...:D

desquire
07-11-12, 12:01
Bro, I joking lah.... I was seriously joking.... Must relax lah...

Really, no one size fit all. Some will like tall girls, some fat girls, if not we all liao already....

Hahahaha.. I didnt know I so serious... I typing like I facing someone and joking... Forgot, typing projects different images because there is no facial attachment to it. Paiseh...
:o:o:o:cool::cool:

Hahahhah!! No no it's ok. I also dunno you serious or not mah... better say sorry first lah... in case...

Some might take things very seriously... heheheheh:p

desquire
07-11-12, 12:02
Where exactly at Tampines Central is the showflat located ah? Feel like going there to kpo... Thanks in advanced.

It's close to the MRT station... within walking distance... hmmmm... how to describe... It's near to where the Trilliant will be. Three showrooms in all Centrale 8, Trilliant and the kast one being Waterview...:D

Can someone help me... :D

auroraborealis
07-11-12, 12:08
i think it's nearer library side, next to library across the road got a big field
it's at the other side of the field

It's close to the MRT station... within walking distance... hmmmm... how to describe... It's near to where the Trilliant will be. Three showrooms in all Centrale 8, Trilliant and the kast one being Waterview...:D

Can someone help me... :D

chestnut
07-11-12, 14:20
Did you guys see this???

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Tampinesav10C/tenderdocs/Tpines10C-LPnCP.pdf

Wah, so many land for sales in future????

zeamybro
07-11-12, 16:44
What a lovely home it will be, congrats to all WV buyers :cheers4:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2enz4p4.jpg

zeamybro
07-11-12, 16:45
Hope these pics can motivate Roly8 further =)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2quuipd.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qdz7yr.jpg

auroraborealis
07-11-12, 16:58
GLS sites all residential... Then the future development site behind parcel B, C, D leh? If all condo then it's too crowded, not good at all :banghead:

Did you guys see this???

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Tampinesav10C/tenderdocs/Tpines10C-LPnCP.pdf

Wah, so many land for sales in future????

chestnut
07-11-12, 17:10
Zeemybro, you went to the site??? Let you in on a secret(now I say, it is no longer a secret, hahaha).
I bot this for just under a mil in 2011 after I sold away Botannia. The joke again is my agent found me a new record price for Botannia - this guy keeps giving me nice headache. (I actually wanted to rent out Botannia). After I sold Botannia for a nice profit, I still wanted to stay vested. So I bot WV. The expected gross yield would be just nice. The downpayment was paid for by my sale of Botannia with surplus in my account somemore.
So the beauty is,
1. I get to cash out my down payment for Botannia and put it in the bank.
2. The profit from the sale + rental of Botannia was used to make the downpayment. Leaving me with a little surplus.
3. With a 40% down, whatever rental from WV minus (mortgage+miscellaneous, maintenance, etc...), I will still have surplus from that.
4. Even if rental drops, because of my 40% down, I will not be negative right??? Even if negative, it is minimal... Hahaha

So, I bot this house with virtually no money (sort of that is). Got my logic????
I have mitigated my risk for this deal !!!!

This is just one option that you guys can explore. My mind is very complex.... Some deals take risk, some deals play safe, etc....
This unit to me is super safe... Hahaha.
I only sold 2 units so far. I am really an investor... Not a trader... Property is my "forte" but I am now moving over to other investment areas... Enough of props for me... But, again, NEVER SAY NEVER. If a good deal comes along, I will still strike....:cheers4::cheers4:
:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

chestnut
07-11-12, 17:13
GLS sites all residential... Then the future development site behind parcel B, C, D leh? If all condo then it's too crowded, not good at all :banghead:

Bro, is this how you read it????

I will only know after parcel B and C. You will get the bigger pix only after the launch of QBay. I seriously think even QBay launch at 900, Waterview being at a more prime location, will fetch better price.

But seriously, I am in for the yield because I am aiming for retirement. Capital is a bonus, but I kanna lock in for 4 yrs, so no difference to me. I really went in for the yield for this. It is so "inexpensive".

auroraborealis
07-11-12, 17:22
I'm in for yield mayb for 1st 5-7yrs, but I bot the place think its a quiet area for retirement (no need to b near mrt etc, retire got a lot of time to travel around the island)

But hor, I like peace n quiet one, now there got so many plot for future development so they keep building n building, willbe v noisy n very crowded, and now I must start to think of when to sell WV cos after site a, b, c, d, will still have e, f, g, h, i lei :banghead: By the time mayb d completed, WV abit old le, if it's too noisy as my retirement home then I will have to sell it Haiz

Bro, is this how you read it????

I will only know after parcel B and C. You will get the bigger pix only after the launch of QBay. I seriously think even QBay launch at 900, Waterview being at a more prime location, will fetch better price.

But seriously, I am in for the yield because I am aiming for retirement. Capital is a bonus, but I kanna lock in for 4 yrs, so no difference to me. I really went in for the yield for this. It is so "inexpensive".

chestnut
07-11-12, 17:26
I'm in for yield mayb for 1st 5-7yrs, but I bot the place think its a quiet area for retirement (no need to b near mrt etc, retire got a lot of time to travel around the island)

But hor, I like peace n quiet one, now there got so many plot for future development so they keep building n building, willbe v noisy n very crowded, and now I must start to think of when to sell WV cos after site a, b, c, d, will still have e, f, g, h, i lei :banghead: By the time mayb d completed, WV abit old le, if it's too noisy as my retirement home then I will have to sell it Haiz

Oh, for retirement, OK wat... The park is next door... Every morning, you can walk along the park, very nice you know.... Then along the way, you may bump into me and we can have coffee - btw, you now husband or wife??? I always in confused state when talking w you....

I thinking in about 10 years time, when my kids big - to go clover or WV??? Got 10 years to think lah, maybe sooner if my eldest marry early... Hope she does !!! :cheers5::cheers5:

chestnut
07-11-12, 17:29
Oh guys, last time I am sharing with you guys something so personal !!! I paiseh already... Not so nice in forum !!! I hope you guys learn something from it. If you didn't, please take it as i TCSS...:D:D:cheers5::cheers4:

auroraborealis
07-11-12, 17:29
N becos I bot with retirement in mind, I dun mind low low yield 1st 5-7yrs since my ultimate intention is to stay there with spouse. Those pure investment prop in my opinion must b convenient with at least mrt, better still mrt & mall that's <5mins away. So if I cannot retire there, need to think of plan B

chestnut
07-11-12, 17:33
N becos I bot with retirement in mind, I dun mind low low yield 1st 5-7yrs since my ultimate intention is to stay there with spouse. Those pure investment prop in my opinion must b convenient with at least mrt, better still mrt & mall that's <5mins away. So if I cannot retire there, need to think of plan B

Bro, by the time they launch all the land, you and I already lau kok, kok... The land must get bidded, awarded, built, all this take about 5 yrs or so.... So no worries lah.... If you shift there, I will come visit you !!! We can have coffee and exchange investment notes. If you play golf, I will join you.

Hahahaha:cheers5::cheers4:

auroraborealis
07-11-12, 17:50
Retirement home or not now must discuss again with wifey. If we shift there, can tcss regularly no prob. Golf? No lah too old back cannot take it. Next time we can exercise tai chi every morning :D :D

Bro, by the time they launch all the land, you and I already lau kok, kok... The land must get bidded, awarded, built, all this take about 5 yrs or so.... So no worries lah.... If you shift there, I will come visit you !!! We can have coffee and exchange investment notes. If you play golf, I will join you.

Hahahaha:cheers5::cheers4:

desquire
07-11-12, 18:15
Hope these pics can motivate Roly8 further =)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2quuipd.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qdz7yr.jpg
Goodness gracious. From which location exactly did you depress that little machine of yours? The angle is perfect and the quality of the image is beyond description. Sim Lian should engage you to be their official photographer. Still never too late for them.

The best of a series of images Waterview ever had. Makes the place looks so stunning and desirable. Fantastic shot from a professional photohapher with a great camera slung over your neck.

Phew! It's really breathtaking. Im salivating myself. I believe you can even make a tiny green frog metamorphosise into prince charming.

I take my hats off man!! Thanks so much for sharing such lovely pictures with us all. :D

zeamybro
07-11-12, 18:54
Goodness gracious. From which location exactly did you depress that little machine of yours? The angle is perfect and the quality of the image is beyond description. Sim Lian should engage you to be their official photographer. Still never too late for them.

The best of a series of images Waterview ever had. Makes the place looks so stunning and desirable. Fantastic shot from a professional photohapher with a great camera slung over your neck.

Phew! It's really breathtaking. Im salivating myself. I believe you can even make a tiny green frog metamorphosise into prince charming.

I take my hats off man!! Thanks so much for sharing such lovely pictures with us all. :D

Desquire, don't like that say la, just normal snapshots, but u sure can write v well. The photos were taken near the open air carpark beside WV.

fiat500
07-11-12, 19:12
Desquire, don't like that say la, just normal snapshots, but u sure can write v well. The photos were taken near the open air carpark beside WV.
Any amenities within walking distance of WV? That's more important imo.

desquire
07-11-12, 19:39
What a lovely home it will be, congrats to all WV buyers :cheers4:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2enz4p4.jpg
Bro it's really pretty. I'm sure the rest will hv to agree with me. :D

smpeh
07-11-12, 19:56
Bro it's really pretty. I'm sure the rest will hv to agree with me. :D

Looks great! :D

desquire
07-11-12, 20:13
Looks great! :D
Apparently, when I talk short walks and stop over at times to sneak a peek at our stack, I'm always wondering if what I think the view will be like will be exactly what will furnish my blinking pupil in about a year's time.

I hope our stack will not turn out to be a disappointment...:hell-hath-no-fury:

smpeh
07-11-12, 22:10
Apparently, when I talk short walks and stop over at times to sneak a peek at our stack, I'm always wondering if what I think the view will be like will be exactly what will furnish my blinking pupil in about a year's time.

I hope our stack will not turn out to be a disappointment...:hell-hath-no-fury:

Bro, think it will turn out great! :D

Hahaha, some time wishing I was as fast as east lover and kengar getting those front stacks but I was already quite lucky. My place is the last two of our stack. They claim is reserved that time.

For a place to stay, think good neighbors like ours is blessed too, hopefully don't say too soon, hahaha.....:scared-3:

Kengar
07-11-12, 22:25
Well it was a nerve wrecking experience to make a $1M purchase decision over that few days during VVIP... somemore first time buying a condo ... thinking back it was pretty scary and probably i wont have that kind of guts again :p

Hahaha, some time wishing I was as fast as east lover and kengar getting those front stacks but I was already quite lucky. My place is the last two of our stack. They claim is reserved that time.

For a place to stay, think good neighbors like ours is blessed too, hopefully don't say too soon, hahaha.....:scared-3:

smpeh
07-11-12, 22:30
Well it was a nerve wrecking experience to make a $1M purchase decision over that few days during VVIP... somemore first time buying a condo ... thinking back it was pretty scary and probably i wont have that kind of guts again :p

Same same here, well, I think out bet pays off well. I guess things are like that, go with our guts sometimes. If FEO sells above $1k like what chestnut says, then all of us will feel even high, strike 1st price. Hahahaha....:2cents: :2cents:

desquire
07-11-12, 22:33

You're already very fast. Hehe. When I was there on the first day which was on a Saturday, there's still some front runners available but I didn't just jump into it. Went home and did some study on the plan.
Cannot play play bro. This one cant just buy and dispose especially when it's for own stay.

It involve millions. My pocket not deep hence can't make a wrong move. So decided that the stack will be best although it wasn't the first-class premium stack as launched.

Pool and pocket reservoir view hopefully won't go wrong. I've tried to view based on map and plan but dying to get in there and have the real thing. Nothing beats the real thing.

If I'm checkmated, I'm dead meat. Sayonara!! Hahhaha. :p

desquire
07-11-12, 22:43

Same nightmare for me bro. Worst than nightmare on Elm's Street. I woke up with cold sweat for the next two months with Jason under my bed on Fridays. No joke.

I shiver when the weather is so very hot. Scratching my dead when there's no lice. Now, I still get some bad dreams once in a while.

Pretty scary isn't it? My whole life is dumped on it. I nearly melted when I got to donate the stamp fee. Almost fainted! It's all my wife's eye-deer, myself being happy in my HDB. For now just crossing my fingers for now.

I hope it wont be Nightmare Before Christmas 2013!!!:hell-hath-no-fury:

smpeh
07-11-12, 23:06
You're already very fast. Hehe. When I was there on the first day which was on a Saturday, there's still some front runners available but I didn't just jump into it. Went home and did some study on the plan.
Cannot play play bro. This one cant just buy and dispose especially when it's for own stay.

It involve millions. My pocket not deep hence can't make a wrong move. So decided that the stack will be best although it wasn't the first-class premium stack as launched.

Pool and pocket reservoir view hopefully won't go wrong. I've tried to view based on map and plan but dying to get in there and have the real thing. Nothing beats the real thing.

If I'm checkmated, I'm dead meat. Sayonara!! Hahhaha. :p

Bro, from what I think, although I like you worry about the end product, we are already small winners as of now cos the markets ran up since we bought so give ourselves some credits. :cool1: :cool1:

desquire
08-11-12, 06:06
Bro, from what I think, although I like you worry about the end product, we are already small winners as of now cos the markets ran up since we bought so give ourselves some credits. :cool1: :cool1:

Yup, for now we can smile a little wee bit... let's see what happens when the other quarry comes into light...:D

chestnut
08-11-12, 06:14
Yup, for now we can smile a little wee bit... let's see what happens when the other quarry comes into light...:D

Wll u be selling or renting out your flat wheni shift to WV?

desquire
08-11-12, 06:37
Wll u be selling or renting out your flat wheni shift to WV?

My HDB is right in front of the UWC so prolly try t get it rented out. New place rent out heart pain. It's more for home stay...

Keep HDB in case... at least I hv something to fall back to should things not turn out the way it should be...:p

chestnut
08-11-12, 08:38
My HDB is right in front of the UWC so prolly try t get it rented out. New place rent out heart pain. It's more for home stay...

Keep HDB in case... at least I hv something to fall back to should things not turn out the way it should be...:p
Bro, OK... Can you do yourself a favour. Please work out a sheet something like this.

HDB
Monthly mortgage : (using CPF)
Conservancy charges :
Monthly expected rental :
Net income : Monthly rental - conservancy charges (assuming you use full CPF)
So if rental is 2K, you should get 2K income (let's ignore conservancy since it is so low)

WV
Monthly mortgage : Can u use CPF from wifey???If yes, just use.
You may wind up with surplus my friend.

So please sleep peacefully.... Not break out in a cold sweat.... Welcome to wealth creation. You will find in less then 10 years, you are so rich. Hahahaha...:cheers4:

Another thing, u guys seem to be so concern about pricing of QBay. Today, I will do an analysis for you.

Bid price for land
WV land price is 421 psf ppr
QBay land price is 416 psf ppr

WV was launched Nov 2010 (correct me if I am wrong). That was 2 years ago. Would the cost of build have gone up with inflation??? Didnt material cost go up????
2. Sim Lian is a contractor, so there is no mark up for contracting work(get quote from 3rd party mark-up - thats wat I mean). It is pure profit for them. When FEO and FCL wants to build, they need to get bids for building. This contractors will need to mark up for profit and pass it to them. So the mark up say is 10%, the cost of building would have already gone up.
Bottomline is, I am expecting the price of QBay to be higher then WV, but there is always a disclaimer. Wat if they kee seow??? and quote cheap. But at the end of the day, the very most is they sell at same price as WV launch price. No way they can undercut WV launch price (this I am 80% sure). You see, life is never sure. You just have to play the odds.
So relax guys and watch the show unfold. You wont lose money with WV.
:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

cnud
08-11-12, 09:47
Bro, OK... Can you do yourself a favour. Please work out a sheet something like this.

HDB
Monthly mortgage : (using CPF)
Conservancy charges :
Monthly expected rental :
Net income : Monthly rental - conservancy charges (assuming you use full CPF)
So if rental is 2K, you should get 2K income (let's ignore conservancy since it is so low)

WV
Monthly mortgage : Can u use CPF from wifey???If yes, just use.
You may wind up with surplus my friend.

So please sleep peacefully.... Not break out in a cold sweat.... Welcome to wealth creation. You will find in less then 10 years, you are so rich. Hahahaha...:cheers4:

Another thing, u guys seem to be so concern about pricing of QBay. Today, I will do an analysis for you.

Bid price for land
WV land price is 421 psf ppr
QBay land price is 416 psf ppr

WV was launched Nov 2010 (correct me if I am wrong). That was 2 years ago. Would the cost of build have gone up with inflation??? Didnt material cost go up????
2. Sim Lian is a contractor, so there is no mark up for contracting work(get quote from 3rd party mark-up - thats wat I mean). It is pure profit for them. When FEO and FCL wants to build, they need to get bids for building. This contractors will need to mark up for profit and pass it to them. So the mark up say is 10%, the cost of building would have already gone up.
Bottomline is, I am expecting the price of QBay to be higher then WV, but there is always a disclaimer. Wat if they kee seow??? and quote cheap. But at the end of the day, the very most is they sell at same price as WV launch price. No way they can undercut WV launch price (this I am 80% sure). You see, life is never sure. You just have to play the odds.

Developers can price anyhow. Question is where are the buyers...:scared-4:

chestnut
08-11-12, 10:05
Bro, if they price just under 1K, the project can sell faster.
If they price high, they need to do super marketing lor. If they move 60%, they happy liao. Then the rest slowly move lor....

For me, I really bo chup anymore. Just collecting rental and storing it in my bank.

I just sharing because I feel so sad that people buy a home and get so worried... So really just give them some calmness with the analysis.

But really, Desquire and the rest really dont have an issue. The days of the big run is over... We need to accept it and move on.... Dont think of making big bucks now a days. The govt implement CM for a reason. What they want, they 95% of the time achieve.

Lovelle
08-11-12, 10:17
yo chestnut

which other condo u owned for rental ?

roly8
08-11-12, 10:24
Bro, if they price just under 1K, the project can sell faster.
If they price high, they need to do super marketing lor. If they move 60%, they happy liao. Then the rest slowly move lor....

For me, I really bo chup anymore. Just collecting rental and storing it in my bank.

I just sharing because I feel so sad that people buy a home and get so worried... So really just give them some calmness with the analysis.

But really, Desquire and the rest really dont have an issue. The days of the big run is over... We need to accept it and move on.... Dont think of making big bucks now a days. The govt implement CM for a reason. What they want, they 95% of the time achieve.

thx you for sharing your thought, bro chestnut.
:cheers5:

auroraborealis
08-11-12, 10:29
actually no need to worry so much, b4 developers bid they sure got do feasibility study one, no buyer they more scared than us lei

if i remember correct, the Qbay site few bids but other than FE got another bidder small-time but do high-end project one; they must have reason to put bid

also, i checked 08 master plan b4, the plot ratio for a, b, c, d, e etc etc higher than WV. so for Qbay, if those facing WV units they build higher, got view one

if u guys free, just join the vvip preview loh, go look see look see, can tcss there & in case of poor turn out we can go pump up the nos & eat all the buffet food (if got lah) :hungry: :eating-burger:

chestnut
08-11-12, 10:50
yo chestnut

which other condo u owned for rental ?

Bro, paiseh, a few lah.... Mainly RCR.... Some of my RCR going to take off shortly - in prices that is... But useless to me... I bot for my retirement fund. I still monitoring the market after all, it is an investment rite.The rental will provide steady income.
My theory (I have a lot) :
When recession, rental drop rite? So does cost cost of living...
When economy good, rental increase rite? So does cost of living...
So it is purely hedging in a very simplistic way. But you need to have $$$ to take advantage of opportunities during any occasion.

Lovelle
08-11-12, 10:54
Bro, paiseh, a few lah.... Mainly RCR.... Some of my RCR going to take off shortly - in prices that is... But useless to me... I bot for my retirement fund. I still monitoring the market after all, it is an investment rite.The rental will provide steady income.
My theory (I have a lot) :
When recession, rental drop rite? So does cost cost of living...
When economy good, rental increase rite? So does cost of living...
So it is purely hedging in a very simplistic way. But you need to have $$$ to take advantage of opportunities during any occasion.

no problem bro... if got any good recommendation, pls share share...

chestnut
08-11-12, 11:11
Bro, I off the market already.... But if you seriously want to be in, look at
1. Land bid prices for the area
2. Compare current selling price of existing condo in the area.

That is the last bit of meat left.... All the big bucks already over.... With CM, it is a controlled price increase which needs to be acceptable to the Govt. If it exceeds the increase, another CM will take place. So dont expect quantum leap on prices. How much is acceptable to the govt, I dont know but I presume less then 5% per annum. I really dont know.

Give you a clue but enter at your own risk... Prince Charles bid came in, work out the break-even price and estimate the margin for that. Margins can be taken from past project of the developer. In this case, it is Wing Tai. Check out the margin for Ascentia Sky. and add it in and you will have a rough estimate of the potential selling price of Prince Charles condo site.
Now compare Metropolitan, AS. Yes, Metropolitan has gone up a lot since its launch. But is there meat left??? You need to do your own homework on the psf for Metro and AS. I am now not in touch.

Echelon by CDL will be launching soon. Again, you can get the land bid price and estimate the launch price. Compare current Metro and AS with Echelon's potential/predicted sell price and see if there is meat.

Bro, at this stage, there are uncertainties in the world and I really dont know your $$$ power. So I really cannot advise and neither do I want to. I just share share and TCSS. Take what you like from what I share and implement it in your strategy. If there is none you like, just ignore. I mean it. Not everyone will agree with my strategies. But my hit rate quite high. Not everyone will strike it rite. If everyone strike, I quit my job and do this for a living. Hahahaha

How many units you have??? If cannot say, I understand.....

But now, all investment is long term... There is actually another way but inconvenient to post here in forum....

Happy investing :

Lovelle
08-11-12, 11:22
really eye opener. i think metropolitan and AS will fetch good rental but i wont bet based on capital gain on any properties. rental yield is best bet..

i was thinking of a studio for renting only...presently hv 3 but some not TOP yet.

again , now still in stock market

chestnut
08-11-12, 11:33
really eye opener. i think metropolitan and AS will fetch good rental but i wont bet based on capital gain on any properties. rental yield is best bet..

i was thinking of a studio for renting only...presently hv 3 but some not TOP yet.

again , now still in stock market

Bro, I have more then you... Got my first investment unit about 18 years ago. So I have seen the ups and downs of the property cycle.... I was also caught in the 1997 crisis. The 1 I bot in 1997 is currently way above the buy price today... Bro, on paper during the lowest point - I was down 600K. So I am always puzzled when people say thos bot at peak still suffering with losses if they sell today. But when I ask them which condo???? They mumble, mumble their way out. I give up :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Bro, sorri, I dont own any studio nor 2 bedder. But I tell you, go 4 bedder and above, your rental yield sucks big time !!!! I know !!!!!

Lovelle
08-11-12, 13:48
why 4 bedders ?

i don't hv mm/studio.

chestnut
08-11-12, 14:03
why 4 bedders ?

i don't hv mm/studio.

Bro, what I meant is, if you go 4 bedder, rental yield sucks big time. The ones in my opinion for best buck is 1 bedder and 2 bedder... As you move up, the rental yield in % drops...
Mine is 3 and 4 bedders... AMK knows why mine is this size.

Lovelle
08-11-12, 14:07
bro, i think are elder by half of my age. Bravo to you ! if my elder has your mentality, i wld be huat..

in 97 , did bank ask you to top up the $600k difference ? i just finished study at the time, earning peanut compare to many youngsters now. i got to know a friend's friend who were in the same situation. His pasir panjang condo was down by 300k , bought at 800k went to 500k . Everyday go to work with purple face and co. also announced "chopping" so he also waiting for his turn. i can understand his feeling but i know that i need to get in to this biz already but working hard to save..till 2000.

u owned 4 bedder is it because it was cheap at the time ?? :cheers6:

dtrax
08-11-12, 14:19
Bro, what I meant is, if you go 4 bedder, rental yield sucks big time. The ones in my opinion for best buck is 1 bedder and 2 bedder... As you move up, the rental yield in % drops...
Mine is 3 and 4 bedders... AMK knows why mine is this size.

imo, big units best hoot during down periods because these are the ones which the psf will drop the most from what I observe and besides now the larger the units, the rental for them cannot be on par with 1/2 or smaller size units. Buy big units during downturn then sell big during bull market sure huat like no biz, even a small margin of psf gain easily a few hundred ks of profit

chestnut
08-11-12, 14:21
bro, i think are elder by half of my age. Bravo to you ! if my elder has your mentality, i wld be huat..

in 97 , did bank ask you to top up the $600k difference ? i just finished study at the time, earning peanut compare to many youngsters now. i got to know a friend's friend who were in the same situation. His pasir panjang condo was down by 300k , bought at 800k went to 500k . Everyday go to work with purple face and co. also announced "chopping" so he also waiting for his turn. i can understand his feeling but i know that i need to get in to this biz already but working hard to save..till 2000.

u owned 4 bedder is it because it was cheap at the time ?? :cheers6:

I am a few years shy of 50. Will retire before 50.
No top up at all. So many of the stories are rumours which became "fact" after being spun many times. They will ask for top up if you cannot pay mortgage. You see, if the banks ask for top up from underwater units, many will be affected and it will tailspin beyond control. What the banks are worried about is you dont make your obligations to pay monthly.
Your friends place is worth more than 800K today. Way more if it is Pasir Panjang.

4 bedders are never cheap. Everything is about relativity....
You have 3 units, so it is already a big accomplishment. Bro, dont use me as an example. I was very fortunate to be at the right place at the right time. Our batch was one of the last few that had teh opportunity to make it. The other batch was the working class at the 30 age zone that caught the 1998 to 2006 period. They would have bot because they needed a home. Right time, right place.

Lovelle
08-11-12, 14:24
bro,

u are right, i belong to the other class that you just mentioned. still the wave came fast and furious, it caught me out many times. I saw a little queue at the time at The Sail launch but did not walk into it as already paid for another home.

i believed my class also has the privilege of getting cheap COE. I got it twice, 1st car and 2nd car. so i hope the cycle can be repeated in my 3rd car...hahaa or i just quit driving.:simmering:

chestnut
08-11-12, 14:26
imo, big units best hoot during down periods because these are the ones which the psf will drop the most from what I observe and besides now the larger the units, the rental for them cannot be on par with 1/2 or smaller size units. Buy big units during downturn then sell big during bull market sure huat like no biz, even a small margin of psf gain easily a few hundred ks of profit

Bro, I share with you another strategy. But this one quite cheem....

1. During down time, do upgrade. That means sell your small unit and buy a big unit. Because the differential is small. Right???

2. During good time, do a downgrade. So when the market takes a dive, you can go in to 1. Then repeat again 2, then 1, then 2.

Doing 1 is easy... During downturn. when all is gloomy, you will know.... But u need balls made of steel... and lots of $$$, so you are not afraid of your losing the job.

2 is the tough 1. You may think it is high, you sell, then scully, it climb even higher. But there are tell tale signs..... You will not be lose if you have multiple unit. So it is abit like averaging...

Digest this theory.

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

chestnut
08-11-12, 14:30
Bro, count yourself very lucky... Born at the right time is very important. I really pity those 30 something who got caught in the 1995-1997 era. This group suffered man.

After buying matrimonial home, suddenly, down 200K... How to think of buying another prop???

bro,

u are right, i belong to the other class that you just mentioned. still the wave came fast and furious, it caught me out many times. I saw a little queue at the time at The Sail launch but did not walk into it as already paid for another home.

i believed my class also has the privilege of getting cheap COE. I got it twice, 1st car and 2nd car. so i hope the cycle can be repeated in my 3rd car...hahaa or i just quit driving.:simmering:

Lovelle
08-11-12, 14:33
bro

u are right, i have a fren in his mid 40s got burn during 97. made $$ thru flipping until the music stopped and lose it all.

from then till now, he never touch these things...

chestnut
08-11-12, 14:40
bro

u are right, i have a fren in his mid 40s got burn during 97. made $$ thru flipping until the music stopped and lose it all.

from then till now, he never touch these things...

This category belong to the 80%. I am the 20% who learn from my mistake and got wiser and watch out for potential and danger signs.

When you make a mistake, bro, learn from it and be wiser. Find out what went wrong. Improve and you will be a better man. Dont follow the crowd and say, too dangerous. Learn from my mistake and never dabble in this again. This applies to work, investment, love, etc.... Mistakes are required to make 1 wiser. Mistakes are not meant to make 1 give up.

Cheers

spyro
08-11-12, 15:06
Wat if they kee seow??? and quote cheap. :D :D

But at the end of the day, the very most is they sell at same price as WV launch price. No way they can undercut WV launch price (this I am 80% sure). You see, life is never sure. You just have to play the odds.
:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers5: :cheers5:

Lovelle
08-11-12, 15:09
This category belong to the 80%. I am the 20% who learn from my mistake and got wiser and watch out for potential and danger signs.

When you make a mistake, bro, learn from it and be wiser. Find out what went wrong. Improve and you will be a better man. Dont follow the crowd and say, too dangerous. Learn from my mistake and never dabble in this again. This applies to work, investment, love, etc.... Mistakes are required to make 1 wiser. Mistakes are not meant to make 1 give up.

Cheers

cheam sifu,..

dtrax
08-11-12, 15:16
Bro, I share with you another strategy. But this one quite cheem....

1. During down time, do upgrade. That means sell your small unit and buy a big unit. Because the differential is small. Right???

2. During good time, do a downgrade. So when the market takes a dive, you can go in to 1. Then repeat again 2, then 1, then 2.

Doing 1 is easy... During downturn. when all is gloomy, you will know.... But u need balls made of steel... and lots of $$$, so you are not afraid of your losing the job.

2 is the tough 1. You may think it is high, you sell, then scully, it climb even higher. But there are tell tale signs..... You will not be lose if you have multiple unit. So it is abit like averaging...

Digest this theory.

Exactly these 2 theories are what I figured out during the 09, even caspian buy super large unit, the psf chiong only a few hundred bucks can easily net half a mil. For part 1, I think is really adjusting your budget if price is of concern. If cannot afford D9 large unit then go for cheaper OCR or RCR. In gd times, almost every region chiong up together. For part 2, yes I would probably sell the large unit to take profit, and deleverage into smaller units mainly with higher yield or find gems in other areas [afterall sell high also buy high]

chestnut
08-11-12, 16:45
Exactly these 2 theories are what I figured out during the 09, even caspian buy super large unit, the psf chiong only a few hundred bucks can easily net half a mil. For part 1, I think is really adjusting your budget if price is of concern. If cannot afford D9 large unit then go for cheaper OCR or RCR. In gd times, almost every region chiong up together. For part 2, yes I would probably sell the large unit to take profit, and deleverage into smaller units mainly with higher yield or find gems in other areas [afterall sell high also buy high]

Bro, at high price, example :
You sell 2k sq ft unit @ 2Mil, you buy 1k sq ft unit @ 1.1 mil
Market turn - prices drop 20% example (u put in your own figure).
If you had held the 2k sq ft, your losses would be 400K, and the 1k sq ft, the losses will be 220k. So loss less, right??? Then with your buffer, you can go in and get back a 2k sq ft @ 1.6 mil.
This is just theory only lah..... Implementation requires $$$ and balls.
Another scenario, if the prices still continue to go up and you read wrongly, your other units which u didnt downgrade, still go up in value what. Because u still vested... I hope not so complicated to people.
Easier if I talk in person, but its not gonna happen.
Cheers

smpeh
09-11-12, 02:09
Bro, count yourself very lucky... Born at the right time is very important. I really pity those 30 something who got caught in the 1995-1997 era. This group suffered man.

After buying matrimonial home, suddenly, down 200K... How to think of buying another prop???

hey hey, a lot of us in that range lei :D still kicking and alive after the meltdown, hahahaha!!! :cheers4:

chestnut
09-11-12, 05:06
hey hey, a lot of us in that range lei :D still kicking and alive after the meltdown, hahahaha!!! :cheers4:

Well done my friend. To me , a recession is like a famine in the animal kingdom. The outcome of the famine is - the weak animals will disappear from the earth and the strong will survive.

So the recession will weed out the weak and the strong will prevail. Please do look at it factually and not in a negative way.

So whoever survived a recession will come out stronger.

Well done

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: