PDA

View Full Version : Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

joycewangwen
11-10-11, 18:16
Think positively in the future...

With more and more condo/EC/HDB built around the bedok lake, it will be a densely populated area...which means there will be more and more ppl jogging/playing/fishing/boating around the lake. So, many ppl are watching, such unhappy thing have less chance to happen... correct?

Kengar
11-10-11, 18:19
It is not natural anymore. I thought we want to have good reservior view and closer to water and nature. We have not heard of anyone jumping into the pond at botanical garden. Fencing is too artificial.

Agree on the artificial look, perhaps plant greeneries covering the fence? I think there are designate entry area for the water activities, they should not be affected. Any way I doubt much they will respond or take action.

hyenergix
11-10-11, 18:53
Damage is already done. Let's move on to e next hottest sites.

mantrix
11-10-11, 22:35
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/dead-body-scare-at-bedok-reservoir.html

yet another guy wants to commit suicide in this popular place... :tsk-tsk:

DaytonaSS
11-10-11, 22:58
this is really bad for properties in the area. especially at night on 7th month, quiet scary to walk home

iwantgizmos
12-10-11, 01:48
this is really bad for properties in the area. especially at night on 7th month, quiet scary to walk home
If there's something strange in your neighborhood. Who ya gonna call?
If there's something weird and it don't look good. Who ya gonna call?

jbtay
12-10-11, 06:45

WaterViewers
who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords
YNWA
Just make sure you know who you are walking with :cheers6:

desquire
12-10-11, 08:23
Let's hope that their souls find a good resting place in the afterlife. What happened has already taken place.

Time to move on and put them behind us...

mantrix
12-10-11, 08:27
Let's hope that their souls find a good resting place in the afterlife. What happened has already taken place.

Time to move on and put them behind us...

how to rest when the soul is depressed or vengeful...
Especially dying in red clothes...
Anyway hope they get what they want soon...

latour
12-10-11, 10:38

Call MCST BedokRestingPlace ! :scared-1:

Eastguy
12-10-11, 15:15
Any progress updates ? Pictures?

East Lover
15-10-11, 16:20
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811255.jpg

East Lover
15-10-11, 16:22
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/iPhone0811259.jpg

East Lover
15-10-11, 16:23
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0414.jpg

East Lover
15-10-11, 16:25
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0439.jpg

East Lover
15-10-11, 16:26
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0437.jpg

Eastguy
15-10-11, 16:50

Thanks Eastlover

jbtay
15-10-11, 19:48

Thanks for the lovely pics. SL site looks pretty well-organised.

Kengar
15-10-11, 21:53

Is the picture showing 2 lift doors per floor serving 2 units on each side? And in total 4 lifts per floor?

Or is that the bombshelter door? :D

ridepinky
16-10-11, 00:02
Is the picture showing 2 lift doors per floor serving 2 units on each side? And in total 4 lifts per floor?

Bombshelter!:)

the living areas and back yard are quite defined from the photo, with the steel work exposing the main structural walls of the unit.

Big Thanks East Lover!

jbtay
16-10-11, 18:55

Its usually, one lift shaft with 2 lifts side by side, one of which will be designated fireman's lift in case of fire.

hopefully, we will not experience the teething problems at cbtp where its 39 storeys and the lifts are behaving erratically and doesn't stop at certain floors due to some software bug. :doh:

mr_chongfs
17-10-11, 10:42
Hello guys n gals, I checked with Shirley. It's possible to omit the "L" shape wall betw wc room and the yard. For those who is interested to convert the wc room to a dry area, this might be useful.

Cheers.

Kengar
17-10-11, 12:58
Hello guys n gals, I checked with Shirley. It's possible to omit the "L" shape wall betw wc room and the yard. For those who is interested to convert the wc room to a dry area, this might be useful.

Cheers.

Hi mr_chongfs, do you mean all the 3 walls around the WC can be removed?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eHk8bcAwa9w/Tpu1nIEWTeI/AAAAAAAAALE/2LNlb_yL6s8/s512/IMG_0230.JPG

mr_chongfs
17-10-11, 13:37
Hi, not the wall beside te 3 stools, but the wall on the left side of the toilet door.

East Lover
17-10-11, 13:53
Kengar, remember last time you were exploring the peasibility of chaging the balcony sliding door to bi-folding version. how is it? is it allowed by SL?

Kengar
17-10-11, 15:13
Kengar, remember last time you were exploring the peasibility of chaging the balcony sliding door to bi-folding version. how is it? is it allowed by SL?

I think the reply was No.
Haven't talk to Shirley for a looooong time already. haahaa :D

Kengar
17-10-11, 15:25
Hi, not the wall beside te 3 stools, but the wall on the left side of the toilet door.

Cool.. u can put a super large fridge in that space.

I agree the current allocated fridge space is really small. I already find my current fridge (size similar to the SL one) not enough to use for 2 adults + 1 baby.

East Lover
17-10-11, 16:18
Cool.. u can put a super large fridge in that space.

I agree the current allocated fridge space is really small. I already find my current fridge (size similar to the SL one) not enough to use for 2 adults + 1 baby.
my current one is big 2 door fridge. left side is frozen session, too big for us. right side too small. only good is the instant cool water and ice, and beverage bar.

but my maid needs a room and wc in WV...:cool:

no choice lah, seems i really have to spend $$$ to buy the mitsubishi folio series. anyone for group discount? hehehe

Kengar
17-10-11, 16:26
Sold 11 units ranging 787psf to 903 psf. Median 854psf.

Remaining units 133.

Sold to date: 563 (80.9%)

The cousin "A Treasure Trove" was fantastic.. did the SL family proud. Sold 683 units of 790 launched.

mr_chongfs
17-10-11, 16:28
Hi, my current fridge size is the same as that in the show room. But I do find the kitchen space bait too tight. So I will shift the fridge away and extend the table top n cabinet.

desquire
17-10-11, 16:50
my current one is big 2 door fridge. left side is frozen session, too big for us. right side too small. only good is the instant cool water and ice, and beverage bar.

but my maid needs a room and wc in WV...:cool:

no choice lah, seems i really have to spend $$$ to buy the mitsubishi folio series. anyone for group discount? hehehe
Count me in for the folio. I'm with F&P now. Very good and nice design but kitchen boss say want folio. Let her be lah. Haha. :D

desquire
17-10-11, 16:53
Sold 11 units ranging 787psf to 903 psf. Median 854psf.

Remaining units 133.

Sold to date: 563 (80.9%)

The cousin "A Treasure Trove" was fantastic.. did the SL family proud. Sold 683 units of 790 launched.
Maybe it's the pole shift.WV and Arc and Centrale all not doing as well as Changi, Pasir Ris, Sengkang and Punggol. Polar ice melting fast. Hehe. :p

East Lover
17-10-11, 17:18
Count me in for the folio. I'm with F&P now. Very good and nice design but kitchen boss say want folio. Let her be lah. Haha. :D
yes!

we must be very busy and happy on end of 2013, in sourcing a lot of group discounts hehehe...

how about the back yard water-proof cabinet as well? need to be more creative in space saving.

saw this hidden bed concept.... don't know expensive or not....:scared-3:
http://www.hiddenwallbed.com/images/interior/Mich/H-Series/Chocolate%20latte%20(opened)%20HWB-H-series%20-%20%20Model%20No-H1200-001.JPG

Kengar
17-10-11, 17:37
Maybe it's the pole shift.WV and Arc and Centrale all not doing as well as Changi, Pasir Ris, Sengkang and Punggol. Polar ice melting fast. Hehe. :p

Plus need to sell expensive in order attract people to buy. So SL need to change strategy. Sell too cheap people not interested to buy.:D

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1159916/1/.html

Excerpt: Excluding ECs, the number of units sold in the mass market with units costing $1,200 psf or less, accounted for more than three quarters of the transactions.

Kengar
17-10-11, 17:47
yes!

we must be very busy and happy on end of 2013, in sourcing a lot of group discounts hehehe...

how about the back yard water-proof cabinet as well? need to be more creative in space saving.

http://www.hiddenwallbed.com/images/interior/Mich/H-Series/Chocolate%20latte%20(opened)%20HWB-H-series%20-%20%20Model%20No-H1200-001.JPG

The bed can be flipped up to the wall to keep is it?

lifeline
17-10-11, 17:52
yes!

you will like these !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=catll-XwVn0

desquire
17-10-11, 18:12
yes!

Yup don't forget about me when you purchase the household items k. We will tag together. As for the home itself, I will not be using any ID. Mainly keep it nice and simple. Just maybe need reno contractor to do the rain shower, toilet spray, wall paint, electrical-lightings, racks in storeroom, curtains and blinds for kitchen balcony and possibly living room balcony if it is permitted. Other than that, nothing much for me. :p

desquire
17-10-11, 18:18
Plus need to sell expensive in order attract people to buy. So SL need to change strategy. Sell too cheap people not interested to buy.:D

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1159916/1/.html

Excerpt: Excluding ECs, the number of units sold in the mass market with units costing $1,200 psf or less, accounted for more than three quarters of the transactions.

True bro. Funny world for weird people. They always go for the more expensive ones. Hehe. Hmmmm:D

desquire
17-10-11, 18:25
Yup. It can be folded up to save space when not in use. However, I think it's not 'cosy'. Hehe. I prefer a bed I can jump to!!:D

If anyone wants to buy mattress, we an also go for group buy. That day tried to cheek out this 'Sleep to Live' or whatever it's called over at Courts. A queen sized custom-made and so called scientific mattress will set me back by at least 9k. Might as well get the normal ones.

I nearly fainted. Didn't know people pay such an amount for a special sponge!! Crazy prices!!!!:eek: :scared-3:

East Lover
17-10-11, 18:29
yes can filp up to save space. thinking of puting one for guest room...don't know how expensive it is, and how stable it is.... very scary if it drop out of sudden!:eek:

visited the showflat recently... the room is rather small... after a queen size, full liao...:scared-4:

East Lover
17-10-11, 18:36
Yup. It can be folded up to save space when not in use. However, I think it's not 'cosy'. Hehe. I prefer a bed I can jump to!!:D

If anyone wants to buy mattress, we an also go for group buy. That day tried to cheek out this 'Sleep to Live' or whatever it's called over at Courts. A queen sized custom-made and so called scientific mattress will set me back by at least 9k. Might as well get the normal ones.

I nearly fainted. Didn't know people pay such an amount for a special sponge!! Crazy prices!!!!:eek: :scared-3:
agreed! that's why this kind of bed only suitable for guest room (if not too costly). not practical for kids... everyday up and down, so sian... end up will stay on the floor forever.:cool:

for mattress, it's wise to buy a good one. trust me! mine is hotel standard one, 8K+ last time bought in taka, super comfortable! no regret. so please invest $$$ on something that you will spend 1/3 of your life on it, hahaha:D

East Lover
17-10-11, 18:42
you will like these !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=catll-XwVn0
soooo clever! yes, totally amazing!

maybe our WV owner to gang together to have some better deal. hahaha:D must be very very expensive i guess... end up we will back to ordinary thing.

maybe those MM or 1 bedder suite owner should consider?;)

East Lover
17-10-11, 18:47
Yup don't forget about me when you purchase the household items k. We will tag together. As for the home itself, I will not be using any ID. Mainly keep it nice and simple. Just maybe need reno contractor to do the rain shower, toilet spray, wall paint, electrical-lightings, racks in storeroom, curtains and blinds for kitchen balcony and possibly living room balcony if it is permitted. Other than that, nothing much for me. :p
yes yes, and don't forget the wallpaper, balcony outdoor furnitures... wow so exicted! :D

Eastguy
17-10-11, 20:04
yes yes, and don't forget the wallpaper, balcony outdoor furnitures... wow so exicted! :D

Hey.... M in for mass purchase .... Good wall papers at IMM.... Let's all meet when we get the detail floor plan.... Cheers brothers n sisters

desquire
17-10-11, 21:15
agreed! that's why this kind of bed only suitable for guest room (if not too costly). not practical for kids... everyday up and down, so sian... end up will stay on the floor forever.:cool:

for mattress, it's wise to buy a good one. trust me! mine is hotel standard one, 8K+ last time bought in taka, super comfortable! no regret. so please invest $$$ on something that you will spend 1/3 of your life on it, hahaha:D
:eek: :eek: :eek: So expensive!!! Everytime you talk about space I feel like crawling out of my skin. I'm really afraid of the small space.

When I visited The Arc, I truly fell in love with the dual key units. Actually can stay in the main house and the kids can stay in the other. Both parties happy with their own space and privacy. Fantastic!!! Sad thing I can't buy lah. :o

East Lover
17-10-11, 22:14
:eek: :eek: :eek: So expensive!!! Everytime you talk about space I feel like crawling out of my skin. I'm really afraid of the small space.

When I visited The Arc, I truly fell in love with the dual key units. Actually can stay in the main house and the kids can stay in the other. Both parties happy with their own space and privacy. Fantastic!!! Sad thing I can't buy lah. :o
Yes I like the dual key unit also. Can wait, 10 years later buy from market loh:D :D by then ur kids grow up, just nice mah :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

East Lover
17-10-11, 22:20
Hey.... M in for mass purchase .... Good wall papers at IMM.... Let's all meet when we get the detail floor plan.... Cheers brothers n sisters
Ok ok we can even go to goodrich at changi south directly to ask good discount.;) ;) ;)

East Lover
20-10-11, 13:19
the new project opp waterview seems will sell at sky high price with no much reservior view. that makes our WV super $$$ for value.

Congrates to all WV owners! :D :D :D

desquire
20-10-11, 13:47
the new project opp waterview seems will sell at sky high price with no much reservior view. that makes our WV super $$$ for value.

Congrates to all WV owners! :D :D :D
You referring to Belvia? The DBSS at Bedok Reservoir?? New condo near WV? Didn't
know there's one. Hehe. :D

Kengar
20-10-11, 14:03
You referring to Belvia? The DBSS at Bedok Reservoir?? New condo near WV? Didn't

OOh it is the one near Belvia owned by UOL... likely to be called Masterpiece or something.

It sits on the hill at Bedok Resevoir.

The land looks big looking at the barricade around it.

East Lover
20-10-11, 14:08

see this one. only 5th floor, behind the hilll, how to see reservior?

Next to Bedok Reservoir and along Bedok Reservoir Road.

FACING
All units face reservoir, facilities or HDB (along Bedok Reservoir Road).

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12235

East Lover
20-10-11, 14:09
OOh it is the one near Belvia owned by UOL... likely to be called Masterpiece or something.

It sits on the hill at Bedok Resevoir.

The land looks big looking at the barricade around it.
wow you even know the name liao. fast leh :D

Kengar
20-10-11, 14:50
wow you even know the name liao. fast leh :D

It is my guess hee hee :D
cos they put a "(R)" Registered Trademark after Masterpiece.

I think the furnishings will be quite good..

East Lover
22-10-11, 12:03
Need to check with our dear FEC members - is the bomb shelter suitable for maid to stay? How to ensure the ventilation and air quality?

All the showflat fake one... should be expensive to install fan or even air cond in such a thick wall right?

Kengar
22-10-11, 14:17
Need to check with our dear FEC members - is the bomb shelter suitable for maid to stay? How to ensure the ventilation and air quality?

All the showflat fake one... should be expensive to install fan or even air cond in such a thick wall right?

I think there will be a ventilation hole at the top of the door of the shelter. IMO WV's bomb shelter should be quite ventilated since it is positioned along the large service balcony, unless there are alot of things being placed there.

East Lover
22-10-11, 16:07
I think there will be a ventilation hole at the top of the door of the shelter. IMO WV's bomb shelter should be quite ventilated since it is positioned along the large service balcony, unless there are alot of things being placed there.
possible to install fan, even air cond? forgot if there is any power point provided.

acidic.straw
22-10-11, 16:25
possible to install fan, even air cond? forgot if there is any power point provided.

Fan shld not be a problem...bomb shelter comes equipped with power pts and even tv point. But I'm not so sure aircon is possible.

Kengar
22-10-11, 17:52

Air con for your helper? She is very fortunate! :D

Kengar
22-10-11, 17:57
I was at Tropica just now at a corner near to Stack 9/12 direction.. it is very obvious the stack's Level 1 is peeking above the barricades surrounding the construction site.

Feel bad for the residents of Tropica staying near to WV who have to put up with the noise.

East Lover
22-10-11, 17:58
haha, current maid room got window, got good air, next time move to WV, downgrade to bomb shelter, dark, hot, no air... sounds a bit bad leh...:p

maybe she has to keep the door open at night if not possible aircon? safe or not? i notice the 2 bedder and mine is just seperated by one wall, can easily jump over???:scared-1:

desquire
22-10-11, 17:58
Can I be the lucky one to work for you once her stint is over? I kindly volunteer without second thoughts. Hehe

The blocks are going up very fast now. My block really tortoise. Maybe I shift in 2015. Must gate crash your parties!! :D

East Lover
22-10-11, 18:11
I was at Tropica just now at a corner near to Stack 9/12 direction.. it is very obvious the stack's Level 1 is peeking above the barricades surrounding the construction site.

Feel bad for the residents of Tropica staying near to WV who have to put up with the noise.
now much better. my friend said the foundation time worse. very very noisy and dirty.

must invite them during house warming ;)

but i heard TOP wont be fast after completion. it will take months to obtain the TOP permission, and month to collect key...WFW TOP liao last mth but not heard anyone collect key right?

Our 2013 X'mas party seems mission impossible:doh:

East Lover
22-10-11, 18:16
Can I be the lucky one to work for you once her stint is over? I kindly volunteer without second thoughts. Hehe

The blocks are going up very fast now. My block really tortoise. Maybe I shift in 2015. Must gate crash your parties!! :D
hahaha!

just knew that the completion date <> TOP date!!! :mad:

yah, seems possible to move in 2015 hahaha:D :D

jbtay
22-10-11, 18:30
haha, current maid room got window, got good air, next time move to WV, downgrade to bomb shelter, dark, hot, no air... sounds a bit bad leh...:p

maybe she has to keep the door open at night if not possible aircon? safe or not? i notice the 2 bedder and mine is just seperated by one wall, can easily jump over???:scared-1:

that is one reason why I didn't want the half-height metal door to be fixed.
after TOP, I intend to fix a full height door at that location, most likely wooden.:cheers6:
on your other query, agree with Kengar, that area should be well ventilated.

desquire
22-10-11, 18:39
hahaha!

just knew that the completion date <> TOP date!!! :mad:

yah, seems possible to move in 2015 hahaha:D :D
Yeah. So, we are back to square one. Just sit back, relax and zzzzz. Yawnz. :sleep:

East Lover
22-10-11, 19:58
that is one reason why I didn't want the half-height metal door to be fixed.
after TOP, I intend to fix a full height door at that location, most likely wooden.:cheers6:
on your other query, agree with Kengar, that area should be well ventilated.
Will it be dark if u install full height wooden door? Not only outside bomb shelter but also the kitchen? Kitchen ralies the light from dinning hall n back balcony...
Shall we request SL to install 1 panel window grids for all the units? for security purpose. Possible? Maybe our dear bro Kengar can help?:D

Kengar
22-10-11, 20:09
Will it be dark if u install full height wooden door? Not only outside bomb shelter but also the kitchen? Kitchen ralies the light from dinning hall n back balcony...
Shall we request SL to install 1 panel window grids for all the units? for security purpose. Possible? Maybe our dear bro Kengar can help?:D

Think i lost my "mojo" powers already.. haha next better player please? :D

You referring to FOC grilles for the windows or for the service balcony? Either i think answer is 99.99% no from SL.

East Lover
22-10-11, 21:07
Think i lost my "mojo" powers already.. haha next better player please? :D

You referring to FOC grilles for the windows or for the service balcony? Either i think answer is 99.99% no from SL.
Yes FOC for service balcony...
I heard last time tropica 2 bedder units complained a lot for the water problem as water fall inside during raining day. Then hong loeng installed a class panel outside each unit to resolve the problem.
If all the units have same security issue as 2 units just tooo close, I think we should have the right to demand developer to fix it. Install window grides or glass panel nvr mind.

East Lover
22-10-11, 21:19
Just jogging back. Saw a group of ppl doing 法事,念经,焚香 along the reservoir. Heard someone volunteer to 请和尚。。。阿弥陀佛,功德无量!

jbtay
23-10-11, 09:37

you are right, it would be dark, maybe full metal gate then; also thinking of removing kitchen door, since I have a full gate at that wall between toilet and washing machine. Kitchen door unless its sliding type will be in the way.

If panel windows can be fixed for the half wall balcony, that would be the best outcome. :cheers6: Not hopeful though. May need to wait one year when new MC formed.

desquire
25-10-11, 10:50
Just when I thought that prayers were conducted the last weekend. Wasn't it reported over the papers? Now another new one.. I thought my eyes playing tricks on me... This sure doesn't look good and promising...:( :( :(

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1161591/1/.html

Denlim
25-10-11, 10:57
Just when I thought that prayers were conducted the last weekend. Wasn't it reported over the papers? Now another new one.. I thought my eyes playing tricks on me... This sure doesn't look good and promising...:( :( :(

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1161591/1/.html

This is getting a bit out of hand and wonder what will and can be done to prevent such cases. Just hope that no fences will be erected around the reservoir waters to limit access as it will definitely spoil the view...

econsist
25-10-11, 11:02
Another case:

INGAPORE - Another body has been found at Bedok Reservoir this morning, the fifth such incident in just five months. Police have cordoned off a section of the reservoir bank, directly opposite to housing block 717.
An eyewitness Yeo Kin Kiat, 53, told AsiaOne that the body was pulled up by police officers at about 7.25am.
Sources said the body belonged to a woman, and she was wearing a red top.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111025-306873.html

desquire
25-10-11, 11:12
This is getting a bit out of hand and wonder what will and can be done to prevent such cases. Just hope that no fences will be erected around the reservoir waters to limit access as it will definitely spoil the view...

It's true, no point fencing the area. There's always the sea and other skyscrapers which they can have access to. Endless ways to die that we can go on debating about it. We can even author a book of 1001 ways to die.

This has nothing to do with WV and properties around the reservoir or whatsoever of such. It's just sad knowing a recurrence of an incident like this. The main area of concern should be the lives of the people (not only Singaporeans, but a 'life' in general.

This world has become such a difficult place to live in, so many stress and social problems everywhere. With such high living standards and the rat race existing even among the young, problems like this will only escalate. Just look at the current property, COE and food prices which is set to climb only higher with time...

Earthquakes, floods and disasters happen just like a weekend getaway... too often than not... :( :( :( :(

joycewangwen
28-10-11, 17:59
Oct is ending..It's time for EastLover to post WV pictures and we say 'thanks' to her...:)

desquire
28-10-11, 19:03
November is coming and my block only a layer of cement. ;)

jbtay
29-10-11, 08:59
November is coming and my block only a layer of cement. ;)

Same for Block 95 too, but think of it this way, we get to pay last but all needs to TOP at same time. Ha ha.

Also, let the architect and surveyor make sure they got all their measurements and alignment correct in the other blocks so that when they work on ours, all the fine tuning has been done.
I doubt much work has been done as it had been raining quite a bit lately.
:cheers3:

Eastguy
29-10-11, 15:54
Oct is ending..It's time for EastLover to post WV pictures and we say 'thanks' to her...:)

Yeah....Thanks East Lover in advance...:cheers3:

East Lover
29-10-11, 20:31
Yeah....Thanks East Lover in advance...:cheers3:
Ok ok, next week, after exam over :ashamed1:

East Lover
03-11-11, 09:59
no much progress leh...
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0444.jpg

East Lover
03-11-11, 10:00
Is this first floor? how come the PES seems as big as our balcony???
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0414.jpg

East Lover
03-11-11, 10:02

East Lover
03-11-11, 10:03
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0452.jpg

East Lover
03-11-11, 10:06
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/vw_progress/IMG_0448.jpg

desquire
03-11-11, 10:09
t h a n k s a g a i n o u r b e l o v e d e a s t l o v e r...

how ever helpful and sweet can someone get. everyone waiting for your posting resulting in silence for weeks... hahahhah!!

w e w a t e r v i e w - e r s l o v e y o u !!!!:D

joycewangwen
04-11-11, 17:19
100 thanks to EL...

It looks the speed is not 1 floor per month. :tongue3:

jbtay
05-11-11, 13:09
One more body found this morning, a Chinese man around 9.15am.
Probably around Sheng Siong side since I saw nothing between Aquarius to Waterview when I went for my morning walk.

My friend who jog around 10am saw the inter-religious group praying at the floating platform. May they all rest in peace.:(

Stoney Stone Stone
05-11-11, 17:33
One more body found this morning, a Chinese man around 9.15am.
Probably around Sheng Siong side since I saw nothing between Aquarius to Waterview when I went for my morning walk.

My friend who jog around 10am saw the inter-religious group praying at the floating platform. May they all rest in peace.:(

It really getting out of hand.
The scenario is like multi suicides case at FOXCONN in China.
Haiz.......:(

Kengar
05-11-11, 17:41
Today Sim Lian advertised Big Big in Straits Times for Parc Vera, Waterview and A Treasure Trove. Must be having good budget from recent success of ATT.

Kengar
05-11-11, 17:42
It really getting out of hand.
The scenario is like multi suicides case at FOXCONN in China.
Haiz.......:(

It will slow down one day and pple will have less memories of the incidents. Let time takes its course.

Stoney Stone Stone
11-11-11, 15:31
For your reference

East Lover
11-11-11, 15:40
For your reference
thanks for the sharing!

Saw ppl viewing showflat every time go jogging. sales still on going. that's good.

Do you know how many units left unsold?

desquire
11-11-11, 16:56
thanks for the sharing!

Saw ppl viewing showflat every time go jogging. sales still on going. that's good.

Do you know how many units left unsold?
So far I think around 6units recorded sold in October. Probably somewhat like 127units left unsold. This accounts for 82% of sold units.

People say price around reservoir will drop big time and this and that. If got shy reservoir unit drop, do alert me. I shall grab another unit. I'm afraid no ghost!!!:D

joycewangwen
12-11-11, 12:10
for those 127units left unsold, mainly on which stack?:scared-2:

Stoney Stone Stone
12-11-11, 22:31
Singapore will host seagame 2015.
Maybe venus of rowing sport will be at Bedok Reservoir.
We can watch live at our home liao.
Heehee.....:p

Stoney Stone Stone
12-11-11, 22:34
for those 127units left unsold, mainly on which stack?:scared-2:

I think mostly at stack 19, 20, 23, 24, 27, 28, 31, 32, 35 & 36.
They facing west Sun & main road of Tampines Ave 10.

joycewangwen
13-11-11, 10:52

Technically speaking, Bedok Reservoir is too small to fit many rowing sports, unless seagame 2015 could shrink the norm.

BTW, rephrase of the goal set 10 years ago when MBT was the Sport Minister:

SG football team in WorldCup 2010 Final
SG sport top 10 in Asia

Need revise liao...replace the goal with SEA game, sure can.;)

joycewangwen
13-11-11, 11:01
I think mostly at stack 19, 20, 23, 24, 27, 28, 31, 32, 35 & 36.
They facing west Sun & main road of Tampines Ave 10.

It's said by Mayan calender, something important will happen in Dec 21th, 2012 when solar system is inline with galaxy center.

The earth magnetic pole will slowly shift, likely followed by earth rotating axis change...then, west sun is not an issue for these stacks.

Other stacks might be in trouble...:D:D

desquire
13-11-11, 11:40
It's said by Mayan calender, something important will happen in Dec 21th, 2012 when solar system is inline with galaxy center.

The earth magnetic pole will slowly shift, likely followed by earth rotating axis change...then, west sun is not an issue for these stacks.

Haha. Maybe it's the end of time and we will not even hv the chance to move into our new home. :scared-3:

desquire
13-11-11, 11:42
I think Marina Bay will be the selected location. After row try can hv easy access to The Casino which reported making millions each day. :D

Stoney Stone Stone
13-11-11, 14:28
I think Marina Bay will be the selected location. After row try can hv easy access to The Casino which reported making millions each day. :D

Yes.... After rowing the boat, they will roll the dices...:D

Stoney Stone Stone
13-11-11, 14:31

Can quote this msg at WV adv so to boost the sales of WV.:D

hyenergix
13-11-11, 14:51

This rotation of magnetic pole conciding with Mayan calender is new to me. The Earth's magnetic poles definitely have reversed several times in the past. It will affect earth crust stability, the ocean flows and the climate patterns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

Kengar
15-11-11, 13:43
Sold 9 and left with 124. 82% sold.

Cousin Treasure Trove left with 105 units after a mere 2 months since launch!:scared-2:

Eastguy
15-11-11, 13:47
Seems like the progress is pretty slow :doh:

Kengar
15-11-11, 13:58
Seems like the progress is pretty slow :doh:

Slow and steady. :)

Eastguy
15-11-11, 14:22
Slow and steady. :)

As long as they can complete by 2013 :-)

desquire
15-11-11, 14:26
As long as they can complete by 2013 :-)
Haha. Cannot lah. I think after the delay and this and that, the keys will be in our same hands early 2015. Hehe :D

Eastguy
15-11-11, 14:34
Haha. Cannot lah. I think after the delay and this and that, the keys will be in our same hands early 2015. Hehe :D

Thats bad.....but the board outside the gate say 3rd quarter 2013......if 2015----sure jialat man

minami3
15-11-11, 19:51
Thats bad.....but the board outside the gate say 3rd quarter 2013......if 2015----sure jialat man went for a run in Bedok Reservoir last Sunday...ooh...can't wait to move into WV soon....and saw a restaurant opening soon this month in Bedok Reservoir (near the waterfront series end)....hope McDonalds also open an outlet there...then can walk over for supper or breakfast :) hee...like the one in Bishan Park...just a few steps from Clover!

jbtay
16-11-11, 07:38

It should speed up when the rainy season is over. Was reported that Sim Lian profits jumped ninefold to $103m in Q1 compared to previous year, something to do with their UE.1 industrial project in Paya Lebar. Hope WaterView will progress steadily with GOOD QUALITY :sleep:

OT
16-11-11, 10:43
By the time the rainy season over the showflat should be closed? We are expecting it to close in Feb 2012 :scared-5:

Anyway Waterview is left with 106 units, 84.7% sold!

East Lover
16-11-11, 10:52
Found this one - smart windows!

http://smartwindows.sg/gallery
http://www.youtube.com/v/aZjd6Pf1hM8&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

Not sure if we can install this, at least at our hugy back balcony???

Features of smartwindowsTM
1. All-glass slide-fold-park system
2. No vertical frame
3. 6mm or more tempered glass
4. Tinted or frosted glass available
5. Powder coated aluminium profiles available
6. Can be designed to fit almost all terraces, balconies and partitions, be it corners, angles or curved area.

Benefits of smartwindowsTM
1. Protected from Rain, Wind, Noise & Dust
When the screen is fully closed, it shields the balcony from rain, wind and dust and also provides insulation from noisy environment.
2. Simple to Use and Easy to Clean
The glass screens can be smoothly slide, easily folded and neatly parked at the side of the openings. The glass screens can also be folded inwards to allow for easy cleaning from the inside.
3. Furniture will Stay Cleaner
You can save quality time from regularly cleaning up the furniture at the balconies.
4. Enjoy your Balcony, Rain or Shine
You can read books and drink coffee at your balcony regardless of rain or shine.
5. Extended Living Space
With smartwindowsTM, you can have a fully extended living space which can be used all year round as the screens do not take up much space when parked perpendicularly at the side of the openings.
6. Safe & Durable
smartwindowsTM uses 6mm or more tempered glass and the screens have passed the TÜV SÜD PSB endurance test whereby they are subject to 50,000 cycles of sliding operation at the rate of 5 cycles per minute. Based on a conservative estimate of 5 times sliding on a daily basis, the smartwindowsTM system can be used for more than 20 years.
7. Flexibility
smartwindowsTM provides variable openings to allow controlled wind flow into your living space as the glass screens can be fully opened, fully closed or opened on a pane-by-pane basis.
8.Unobstructed Views
You can enjoy a completely unobstructed and panoramic view of the surrounding as there are no vertical frames in between the glass screens.
9. Aesthetically Pleasing
The glass screens are not opened outwards and does not alter the external facade.

Kengar
16-11-11, 12:14
By the time the rainy season over the showflat should be closed? We are expecting it to close in Feb 2012 :scared-5:

Anyway Waterview is left with 106 units, 84.7% sold!

OT u have access to SL's internal sales data?

84.7% looks inline with those other projects which are not near to MRTs.

Kengar
16-11-11, 12:19
The construction for stacks near the gate is progressing well.. now it nearly blocks the entire view of the stacks at the back. Bro Desquire must be happier now! :D

Kengar
16-11-11, 12:21
Thanks for sharing Sis Eastlover.. this is indeed a good idea.. i hope SL will support this.

http://www.youtube.com/v/aZjd6Pf1hM8&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

2. No vertical frame
6. Can be designed to fit almost all terraces, balconies and partitions, be it corners, angles or curved area.

When the screen is fully closed, it shields the balcony from rain, wind and dust and also provides insulation from noisy environment.
The glass screens can be smoothly slide, easily folded and neatly parked at the side of the openings. The glass screens can also be folded inwards to allow for easy cleaning from the inside.
You can save quality time from regularly cleaning up the furniture at the balconies.
You can read books and drink coffee at your balcony regardless of rain or shine.
5. Extended Living Space
With smartwindowsTM, you can have a fully extended living space which can be used all year round as the screens do not take up much space when parked perpendicularly at the side of the openings.
6. Safe & Durable
smartwindowsTM uses 6mm or more tempered glass and the screens have passed the TÜV SÜD PSB endurance test whereby they are subject to 50,000 cycles of sliding operation at the rate of 5 cycles per minute. Based on a conservative estimate of 5 times sliding on a daily basis, the smartwindowsTM system can be used for more than 20 years.
7. Flexibility
smartwindowsTM provides variable openings to allow controlled wind flow into your living space as the glass screens can be fully opened, fully closed or opened on a pane-by-pane basis.
8.Unobstructed Views
You can enjoy a completely unobstructed and panoramic view of the surrounding as there are no vertical frames in between the glass screens.
The glass screens are not opened outwards and does not alter the external facade.

East Lover
16-11-11, 13:03
Thanks for sharing Sis Eastlover.. this is indeed a good idea.. i hope SL will support this.
you want to check with your dear SL friend Shirley for this? :D :D :D

desquire
16-11-11, 13:23
The construction for stacks near the gate is progressing well.. now it nearly blocks the entire view of the stacks at the back. Bro Desquire must be happier now! :D
That day I gave SL a call mah. Ask them speed up. Hehe. Metals sticking everywhere from afar!!!

True. EC and those FEO and near MRT are the ones snapped up like hot cakes. The rest are slow-baked, delicious brownie topped with hot chocolate sauce!!! Hahhah:D

desquire
16-11-11, 13:35
Oh my!!! Sis Eastlover!! It's perfect. That's why there's nothing to rush. Must chk with SL. I should like to think that this is possible for both the balconies. It's really nice!!! Can enjoy our full-air-conditioned confy home with breeze and a view to a kill!!! Flawless!!! I love this!!:D :p

East Lover
16-11-11, 13:43
Oh my!!! Sis Eastlover!! It's perfect. That's why there's nothing to rush. Must chk with SL. I should like to think that this is possible for both the balconies. It's really nice!!! Can enjoy our full-air-conditioned confy home with breeze and a view to a kill!!! Flawless!!! I love this!!:D :p
so you want to overtake bro Kengar to contact SL?:D :D

we can surely go for bulk discount if SL no issue for this...

gav108
16-11-11, 14:18

2. No vertical frame

5. Extended Living Space
6. Safe & Durable
7. Flexibility
8.Unobstructed Views

sorry to spoil the party, but found this info from http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbgfa/Part1-5gfa.pdf

Balcony screens can be allowed provided that they comply with the following performance criteria:
a) The proposed balcony screens allow for natural ventilation within the balcony at all times;
and
b) The proposed balcony screen is capable of being drawn open or retracted fully.

it does not comply with a).
a balcony that can be fully enclosed and sealed will break ura regulations it seems, though i would consider it too if allowed.

jbtay
16-11-11, 14:47
sorry to spoil the party, but found this info from http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbgfa/Part1-5gfa.pdf

Balcony screens can be allowed provided that they comply with the following performance criteria:
a) The proposed balcony screens allow for natural ventilation within the balcony at all times;
and
b) The proposed balcony screen is capable of being drawn open or retracted fully.

it does not comply with a).
a balcony that can be fully enclosed and sealed will break ura regulations it seems, though i would consider it too if allowed.

Would the backyard still be considered a balcony, since unlike the front balcony, we will have washing machine, etc. Shouldn't that area be considered internal i.e. we can do what we like for internal so long it doesn't cause any structural issues. Anyway URA can't be serious. This looks like century old rules, and no one bothers to review. Surely URA can't be insisting for natural ventilation "at all times" even when it is raining.
Sometimes a letter to Strait Times forum page will set minds thinking at the top. Incidentally, the CEO of ST also Cman of URA.
Lets see the response from SL first.

desquire
16-11-11, 15:24
so you want to overtake bro Kengar to contact SL?:D :D

we can surely go for bulk discount if SL no issue for this...
I hv never been this happy. You're always a saviour Eastlover. We're always trying to look for alternatives to the ain and the space which will be almost empty in our balcony. Now, we can smile if it's allowed.

Kengar is our charming prince. Let our specialist whisper his honey to our dearest Shirley. You're our marketing manager remember. U hv never failed to thrill us all every month with your pictures and news about how great WV is. I'm the WV '8' spirit for now. Hehe. :D

desquire
16-11-11, 15:28
Would the backyard still be considered a balcony, since unlike the front balcony, we will have washing machine, etc. Shouldn't that area be considered internal i.e. we can do what we like for internal so long it doesn't cause any structural issues. Anyway URA can't be serious. This looks like century old rules, and no one bothers to review. Surely URA can't be insisting for natural ventilation "at all times" even when it is raining.
Sometimes a letter to Strait Times forum page will set minds thinking at the top. Incidentally, the CEO of ST also Cman of URA.
True bro. Rules an be tweaked and changed to suit to current situations. I believe by then, maybe future condos will have it installed during purchase. It will solve many problems and keep the place neat at the same time.

Hehe. Maybe you should be our WV lawyer. :D

gav108
16-11-11, 17:28

oh those regulations are recent enough, which includes the following mention, "The GFA of the balconies is allowed to be computed over and above the Master Plan control, subject to a cap of 10%, and "With effect from 1 Jan 2009, bay windows in all types of developments will be counted as GFA, regardless of dimensions and materials, " both of which are recent changes after review.

actually i did ask an architect friend in-charged of a current condo (upcoming bedok reservoir one), n he said that screens with holes are allowed, but govt will not approve those that can become air-tight.

but no harm asking sim lian, who will ultimately still has to revert to the architect, who then has to adhere to all the regulations. on the off-chance it's possible, i also want to install, n all owners with big balconies will be very happy :D

i did not buy a unit here at wv, btw. but whoever that's going to ask sl keep us posted :cheers1:

Laguna
16-11-11, 18:40
if all depends on the condo
but check first b4 u do
in my condo, all have to come down....as long as it affects GFA

gav108
16-11-11, 19:19
yup. because if it can be fully enclosed it will be considered part of gfa, and not part of the bonus 10% gfa granted to new condos. so the chances of getting approval for new condos is bleak. for those old condos where balcony is part of the actual gfa, owners can do whatever they want, with condo management approval.

East Lover
17-11-11, 08:48
if all depends on the condo
but check first b4 u do
in my condo, all have to come down....as long as it affects GFA
any issue we do it one year later, after the inspection? RC may just close one eye???

minami3
20-11-11, 11:58
any issue we do it one year later, after the inspection? RC may just close one eye???
Eastlover sis: Thanks for the great research! The smart windows are really cool. Even though our unit doesn't have the back balcony, I would love to have them for our front balcony - can enlarge living space!

desquire
20-11-11, 22:34
Hopped over to ATT and Palette earlier today. I must say they are impressive in their own ways. Pricing for ATT is so attractive and they kinda hv less than like 50units left for taking I think. Almost sold out.

CDL's Palette was also attractively priced. Both developments near MRT. The toilet over here is beautiful and practical. Just that the ID work probably camouflaged then real thing.

At the end of it all. I still stick my guns to WV. It's a view to a kill, something rare amongst condo these days. Apart from the reservoir, I would say that other developments are really attractive in their own ways. Oh, not forgetting that our blocks are also a distant apart from the two I mentioned.

Feel like buying another one but the quest willnever end. At the end of it all, it's about having a home, not $$$ all the time. WV doing quite alright with124 units left. Hehe. :D

Kengar
20-11-11, 23:32
My gut feel a MRT line will sprout out near Tampines Ave 10/WV/Tropica/Arc in future connecting to UWC, Ikea/Giant ... so much land left to develop there.. stay tuned .. :cheers1:

Hopped over to ATT and Palette earlier today. I must say they are impressive in their own ways. Pricing for ATT is so attractive and they kinda hv less than like 50units left for taking I think. Almost sold out.

CDL's Palette was also attractively priced. Both developments near MRT. The toilet over here is beautiful and practical. Just that the ID work probably camouflaged then real thing.

At the end of it all. I still stick my guns to WV. It's a view to a kill, something rare amongst condo these days. Apart from the reservoir, I would say that other developments are really attractive in their own ways. Oh, not forgetting that our blocks are also a distant apart from the two I mentioned.

Feel like buying another one but the quest willnever end. At the end of it all, it's about having a home, not $$$ all the time. WV doing quite alright with124 units left. Hehe. :D

desquire
21-11-11, 06:49
My gut feel a MRT line will sprout out near Tampines Ave 10/WV/Tropica/Arc in future connecting to UWC, Ikea/Giant ... so much land left to develop there.. stay tuned .. :cheers1:

hopefully... the quarry park MRT will be a good connector to promote healthy lifestyle and family bonding...:p

desquire
21-11-11, 11:54

I checked with a few reliable sources. Chances are close to ground zero. Dunno why they have such measures. gav108 is right about it. There goes another great idea!!!:(

joycewangwen
21-11-11, 12:44

Both Quarry and Bedok reservoir got very deep water, not easy for MRT line to cut thru. :spliff:

Look at Line10

Kengar
21-11-11, 13:38
I think they should tunnel under Tampines Ave 10 as it will cut between the quarry and reservoir, and then connect to Bedok Town Park Station.. i remember I saw Bedok Reservoir being dug when i was still a little boy :p

Both Quarry and Bedok reservoir got very deep water, not easy for MRT line to cut thru. :spliff:

Look at Line10

East Lover
22-11-11, 14:58
hopefully... the quarry park MRT will be a good connector to promote healthy lifestyle and family bonding...:p
any update for this Tampines Quarry park? seems after master plan 2008, no more other news leh...

When WV TOP, we can have a nice view from our view gallery:rolleyes:

desquire
22-11-11, 15:33
any update for this Tampines Quarry park? seems after master plan 2008, no more other news leh...

When WV TOP, we can have a nice view from our view gallery:rolleyes:
In fact I can imagine it to be a very nice place should it be upgraded. In terms of having another station there maybe not in their agenda. By the time MRT built there dunno if we still at WV. Haha.

Being water hardcores, maybe there's a chance in the long run. Long, long wait. :D

jyjyjy
22-11-11, 15:36
Hi future neighbours!! Finally got the admin to validate my account. :D I've been following the discussions very closely but haven't had the chance to post.

East Lover
22-11-11, 17:05
Hi future neighbours!! Finally got the admin to validate my account. :D I've been following the discussions very closely but haven't had the chance to post.
welcome to water view family, our dear FEC! :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

Which stack you bought? our Admin Manager brother Kengar will update his master list accordingly :D :D :D

jyjyjy
23-11-11, 09:06
welcome to water view family, our dear FEC! :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

Which stack you bought? our Admin Manager brother Kengar will update his master list accordingly :D :D :D

I'll be at Stack 33. :D Anyway, I must thank East Lover for keeping us updated of the progress with the photos. You'll probably have enough materials at the end to compile a photo journal of the whole process :scared-5:

desquire
23-11-11, 09:40
I'll be at Stack 33. :D Anyway, I must thank East Lover for keeping us updated of the progress with the photos. You'll probably have enough materials at the end to compile a photo journal of the whole process :scared-5:
Hi there. Welcome in, themote the merrier. Make your stay an enjoyable one. People here are extremely friendly. :p

East Lover
23-11-11, 10:35
my pleasure! WV family are really different from others... our FEC are super friendly!

East Lover
23-11-11, 10:37
Hi there. Welcome in, themote the merrier. Make your stay an enjoyable one. People here are extremely friendly. :p
our admin director is super quiet nowadays... maybe bro kengar is busy in queueing up the Bedok Residences project hahahaha:D :D :D

desquire
23-11-11, 10:59
our admin director is super quiet nowadays... maybe bro kengar is busy in queueing up the Bedok Residences project hahahaha:D :D :D

I love this one.. kekekekekek

I heard he took leave to queue and was interviewed over CNA:eek: ... not bad... dunno if he grabbing a unit and waving us goodbye or getting paid $10/hr:D . Shirley ws seen beside him?:scared-3: Did i get the wrong person???:p ... heheheheh!! :tongue3:

Kengar
23-11-11, 12:22

Haha no wor.. i was slightly busy with work these days..
No $ for Bedok Residence though i would love to have a unit there :D since i grew up there. lots of memories.. i will miss the old look.

Kengar
23-11-11, 21:03
Here's how we look now

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EZCIEY_nQiY/Tsz85WUNsWI/AAAAAAAAALY/txLnfC0uD9k/s512/Fullscreen%252520capture%25252011232011%252520100131%252520PM.jpg

desquire
23-11-11, 22:27
Thanks bro! Going slow and steady!!!:D

I'm amazed at how powerful people can get at Bedok Residences!!! Super!!! Unlike WV!:scared-4:

East Lover
24-11-11, 08:08
Here's how we look now

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EZCIEY_nQiY/Tsz85WUNsWI/AAAAAAAAALY/txLnfC0uD9k/s512/Fullscreen%252520capture%25252011232011%252520100131%252520PM.jpg
Big thanks to our Admin Director!
wish our WV will be as hot as BR once TOP :cheers5:

Kengar
24-11-11, 08:16
Took public bus to work today and passed by Waterview.

From the upper deck bus view, the progress of the construction looks good.. reservoir facing stacks are well into the 3rd floor, and the rest of the stacks are either at 2nd or just done with the 1st.

The upper deck of bus can easily see the Quarry and pocketed view of the reservoir, so WV residents on the first floor should have some views too since the actual ground floor is carpark..

Can't wait for TOP! :D

Kengar
24-11-11, 08:19
Haha BR is way too "hot".. 3 bedder is $1,300 psf.. ours is cheap cheap at $800++ psf, maybe too much water for WV.

Big thanks to our Admin Director!
wish our WV will be as hot as BR once TOP :cheers5:

desquire
24-11-11, 08:58
Haha BR is way too "hot".. 3 bedder is $1,300 psf.. ours is cheap cheap at $800++ psf, maybe too much water for WV.
Haha. Water put off the fire long ago liao. Hehe. :D

joycewangwen
24-11-11, 10:06
In the sitemap from WV booklet, quite strange there is no sauna facility.

Looks should have for most condos.

Can someone bring some light to this?

desquire
24-11-11, 10:17
In the sitemap from WV booklet, quite strange there is no sauna facility.

Looks should have for most condos.

Can someone bring some light to this?

If I am not wrong, there will be a sauna probably in the pool's changing room. I am expecting it to be a small one. Anyone can confirm on this?:p

East Lover
24-11-11, 10:32
If I am not wrong, there will be a sauna probably in the pool's changing room. I am expecting it to be a small one. Anyone can confirm on this?:p
Well Tropica has 2 sauna rooms in the changing rooms, but very very under usage. so i guess SL saved the cost of building that....
but hor, Tropica have 2 tennis courts, and half courts for practise, but WV only have one, and beside car park.... :scared-3: the more exercise, the more waste air will breath in:scared-4: .....

jbtay
24-11-11, 13:11
Well Tropica has 2 sauna rooms in the changing rooms, but very very under usage. so i guess SL saved the cost of building that....
but hor, Tropica have 2 tennis courts, and half courts for practise, but WV only have one, and beside car park.... :scared-3: the more exercise, the more waste air will breath in:scared-4: .....

I agree with East Lover, that unless there is high usage, may be better not to have PROVIDED SL really focused on doing a proper job for the BASIC necessities. From what I have been reading from the Clover site, even something as basic as hot water for the bathrooms, does not seem to be done properly eg installing heater in the yard, (when kitchen does not even have hot water - which I accept as not really necessary in the local context), but installing in the yard means long run of piping to both bathrooms which result in cold water collecting in the pipes, which have to be drained away, each time one takes a bath. This is also what I am experiencing at Aquarius for the common bathroom and I had hoped this will not be repeated at Waterview. One mitigation is for SL to provide insulation for the hot water pipes to keep the water hot, but even better is to site the heater closer to the bathrooms (eg for the MBR bathroom at Aquarius, the electrical storage heater is at the false ceiling space in the bathroom); but if SL decides to use gas water heater, then there is an issue of ventilation of the exhaust gases to prevent build-up of carbon monoxide.
Hope SL and Design Link come up with practical and sensible solution and not present residents a problem that we have to live with EVERY DAY.
:doh:

Kengar
24-11-11, 13:32
I heard complains about the quality of work done for Waterfront Waves upon TOP.. i guess no developers are perfect... all is "heng suay"

Kengar
24-11-11, 13:46
Happy First Year Anniversary (of signing OTP) to all Waterview Neighbours!!! :cheers4:

East Lover
24-11-11, 13:55
Happy First Year Anniversary (of signing OTP) to all Waterview Neighbours!!! :cheers4:
wow so fast hoh! time realy flies!

We flew to overseas after signed the dotted lines... that still likes a dream to us, now it's one year liao!

So very fast we will celebrate our housewarming soon! :D

Eastboy
24-11-11, 13:58

We flew to overseas after signed the dotted lines... that still likes a dream to us, now it's one year liao!

i can feel your excitement! hope they build fast fast then you guys can enjoy asap! :cheers5:

East Lover
24-11-11, 14:11
i can feel your excitement! hope they build fast fast then you guys can enjoy asap! :cheers5:
wanna to join our FEC - Friendly East Club? East boy??? :D good place for own stay hehehe:p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

Kengar
24-11-11, 14:18
After OTP.. then we wait for TOP, and after that we get POT to cook curry for house warming!

East Lover
24-11-11, 14:20
After OTP.. then we wait for TOP, and after that we get POT to cook curry for house warming!
wow, 您真有才!

desquire
24-11-11, 14:32

Oh my!!! Time really flies. It's like a year. We almost forgot!!! Let's hepe the clock doubles up from now. Hehe. :p

jbtay
24-11-11, 14:54
I agree with East Lover, that unless there is high usage, may be better not to have PROVIDED SL really focused on doing a proper job for the BASIC necessities. From what I have been reading from the Clover site, even something as basic as hot water for the bathrooms, does not seem to be done properly eg installing heater in the yard, (when kitchen does not even have hot water - which I accept as not really necessary in the local context), but installing in the yard means long run of piping to both bathrooms which result in cold water collecting in the pipes, which have to be drained away, each time one takes a bath. This is also what I am experiencing at Aquarius for the common bathroom and I had hoped this will not be repeated at Waterview. One mitigation is for SL to provide insulation for the hot water pipes to keep the water hot, but even better is to site the heater closer to the bathrooms (eg for the MBR bathroom at Aquarius, the electrical storage heater is at the false ceiling space in the bathroom); but if SL decides to use gas water heater, then there is an issue of ventilation of the exhaust gases to prevent build-up of carbon monoxide.
Hope SL and Design Link come up with practical and sensible solution and not present residents a problem that we have to live with EVERY DAY.
:doh:

From what I have now found out from reliable sources, SL and Design Link have taken into consideration the long run of hot water piping, and for those piping longer than say 15m, the Ferolli gas heater with inbuilt pump was installed rather than the basic version. The pumped unit has a feature where water in the pipe is somehow recirculated back to the heater and reheated. Kudos to them as this is indeed an improvement. Unfortunately for some, if their piperun is just below 15m or so, then this feature is not available but hopefully, the stagnated cold water should be lesser.

Understand also that gas water heater will be installed at WV and location most likely be near the aircon ledge.

joycewangwen
24-11-11, 14:56
Haha...every body here is eating snake.:cheers3:

Tea break, shake leg...until you song song

East Lover
24-11-11, 15:01
From what I have now found out from reliable sources, SL and Design Link have taken into consideration the long run of hot water piping, and for those piping longer than say 15m, the Ferolli gas heater with inbuilt pump was installed rather than the basic version. The pumped unit has a feature where water in the pipe is somehow recirculated back to the heater and reheated. Kudos to them as this is indeed an improvement. Unfortunately for some, if their piperun is just below 15m or so, then this feature is not available but hopefully, the stagnated cold water should be lesser.

Understand also that gas water heater will be installed at WV and location most likely be near the aircon ledge.
hi bro jbtay, thanks a lot for your knowledge sharing! didn't know it's gas water heater... sorry to ask a layman question - is it safe? :ashamed1:

Eastboy
24-11-11, 15:11
wanna to join our FEC - Friendly East Club? East boy??? :D good place for own stay hehehe:p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

i waiting for ARCHIPELAGO! might just invest in that if my finances become more manageable...just downgraded my car, closed some counters...for better liquidity....:banghead:

desquire
24-11-11, 16:12
Archipelago should be much lesser in price compared to Bedok Residences. Probably in the range of the Waterfront Series, slightly higher. Hehe. Nice location too at the edge. The distance to the reservoir is bot as close at WV. Even Tropica is a little inner. WV front blocks get it right at their doorstep almost. Eastlover, Kengar correct? Your blocks are already up and pretty close apart from the drain. Hehe.

hopeful
24-11-11, 16:38
i waiting for ARCHIPELAGO! might just invest in that if my finances become more manageable...just downgraded my car, closed some counters...for better liquidity....:banghead:

your dad passed you FH / LH properties?

jbtay
24-11-11, 16:47
hi bro jbtay, thanks a lot for your knowledge sharing! didn't know it's gas water heater... sorry to ask a layman question - is it safe? :ashamed1:

Gas water heater is safe as it will have all the safety features, eg if flame goes out, solenoid valve will shut the gas flow, or no water flow, main valve will not open. Also as heater most likely at the aircon ledge, pipe run to bathrooms will be fairly short.

joycewangwen
05-12-11, 08:34
As quiet as ghost town....:sleep:

Kengar
05-12-11, 08:57
Haha alot of attention diverted to the 2 new developments in Bedok.

Looking forward to see some Dec progress pictures :D

I think the reservoir facing stacks are already up to Level 3 already.

I spoke to Shirley recently, i will likely going to get them to customise my fridge space to 84.5cm from the current 70cm.

East Lover
05-12-11, 09:01

I spoke to Shirley recently, i will likely going to get them to customise my fridge space to 84.5cm from the current 70cm.
i like this idea! so we will have much more choice of fridge rather than expensive Folio... .
what did she say? OK? any impact to the already very small cooking area?

by the way, didn't have mode to take photo as the progress is toooooooo slow, no much diff from last mth.

Kengar
05-12-11, 09:17
I asked her if any additional costs, she says does not think so.

I think I will still have enough space, since my wife doesn't cook much. But not sure about the future. In fact, the reduced space might actually be more than my current kitchen table top space. Haha. :D

My other consideration is ceiling fan.. should i have 2 ? One for living hall, one for dining? Or just have one at the living hall? But dining area will be stuffy.

Having 2 ceiling fans looks abit overwhelming in a small space.

Any comments? :beats-me-man:

i like this idea! so we will have much more choice of fridge rather than expensive Folio... .
what did she say? OK? any impact to the already very small cooking area?

by the way, didn't have mode to take photo as the progress is toooooooo slow, no much diff from last mth.

East Lover
05-12-11, 09:40

I think I will still have enough space, since my wife doesn't cook much. But not sure about the future. In fact, the reduced space might actually be more than my current kitchen table top space. Haha. :D

My other consideration is ceiling fan.. should i have 2 ? One for living hall, one for dining? Or just have one at the living hall? But dining area will be stuffy.

i like the fridge idea. let me talk to my maid first as she is a heavy cooker hahahaha!

for ceiling fans, sorry but i feel a bit HDB style leh.... how about a nice floor fan instead? in fact, in tropica is so windy, we hardly on the fan in living & dinning hall...

Kengar
05-12-11, 09:51
Haha on contrary, my KDK floor fan makes my current HDB very "HDB looking" :D

Does the windiness bring any dust problem so far to your unit in Tropica?

The wind blows in 365 days?

i like the fridge idea. let me talk to my maid first as she is a heave cooker hahahaha!

for ceiling fans, sorry but i feel a bit HDB style leh.... how about a nice floor fan instead? in fact, in tropica is so windy, we hardly on the fan in living & dinning hall...

East Lover
05-12-11, 10:17
Haha on contrary, my KDK floor fan makes my current HDB very "HDB looking" :D

Does the windiness bring any dust problem so far to your unit in Tropica?

The wind blows in 365 days?
I'm using this, very "invisible".... just hide beside sofa, only use it seldom...
no dust problem leh. Singpapore so clean :ashamed1:
yes wind almost 365 days but sometimes too big, have to close the windows...
http://www.homeandgarden.com.au/images/products/fullsize/pr0_20127.jpg

desquire
05-12-11, 12:33
As quiet as ghost town....:sleep:

yes yes... ghost??? me?? you looking for me??? hehehehehe:im-so-happy:

desquire
05-12-11, 12:41

I have always love a 2-dr fridge. Just not fated. Haha. I scout around and have seen a very nice Samsung latest model fridge which will be nicely tucked around the corner. After much thought, even my current fridge suits me fine. Have to eliminate the 'wants' and 'needs' and be practical about it.

As for the fan, I will be getting a ceiling one too (powerpoint will not be a problem for fixture right? I'm not too sure about this) just for the main living room. Anyway, the air-con is just a button away in times of emergency. Hehe. But having another at the dining area will be great too!!

I have spoken to Shirley of late too (shhhhh). She told me that the gate from the kitchen to the kitchen balcony cannot be removed now as it's against the ....... (whatever).......

Thus, I was advised to use my own renovation contractor to do it for me upon TOP. At the same time, i told her to remove my kitchen door (make it similar to showflat) for ease of movement. Dor here, there and everywhere!!!!:D

desquire
05-12-11, 12:46
I'm using this, very "invisible".... just hide beside sofa, only use it seldom...
no dust problem leh. Singpapore so clean :ashamed1:
yes wind almost 365 days but sometimes too big, have to close the windows...
http://www.homeandgarden.com.au/images/products/fullsize/pr0_20127.jpg

:eek: ... wah!!! now 'fan' topic... you guys should take a look at Archipelago!! It blew me away... blew me away even further when i realised the price for the 5-bedder is a whopping 2.6m!!!! monthly maintenace arnd 450-500 and low floor!!!!

which is better??? archipelago or WV??? But the layout is really superb!! Would love to own one at half that price. hehehehehh. wait for economic downturn, I sure whack one unit there!! But too close too greenery also rpoblem... so many bugs and mosquitoes and creepy crawlies!!!! As long no crocodile and snakes, I don't mind living near the other crawling insect in that 5-bedder.... phew...:D

Kengar
06-12-11, 22:13
Direct reservoir facing units going at > $1,100 PSF :D

Stack ?
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7433732/for-sale-waterview

Stack 12
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6260116/for-sale-waterview

testtest
06-12-11, 23:08

Stack ?

Stack 12

Haut haut :spliff: :cheers1:

joycewangwen
07-12-11, 07:53
I guess most of such subsale units are from the WV agents themselves.

They internally bought the best of the best units b4 the mass sale, then sold them after a while...As the Chinese saying - Kong Shou Tao Bai Lang, use bare hands to trap a white wolf :D:D

desquire
07-12-11, 08:41

Stack ?

Stack 12
Wah so fast bro? Before TOP can command this high? What's the price like after TOP I wonder. Can WV command that high? Thought only the waterfront series will get that high?:scared-5:

desquire
07-12-11, 08:46
I guess most of such subsale units are from the WV agents themselves.

They internally bought the best of the best units b4 the mass sale, then sold them after a while...As the Chinese saying - Kong Shou Tao Bai Lang, use bare hands to trap a white wolf :D:D
The best thing is the buy and get the best of all prices and sell without having to incur any agent fee at the same time. Reap to the fullest!!!

East Lover
07-12-11, 08:50
Wah so fast bro? Before TOP can command this high? What's the price like after TOP I wonder. Can WV command that high? Thought only the waterfront series will get that high?:scared-5:
why not?!! we have better view - reservior is much more wider from our side, we have no road noise at all, we have no west sun....

Will you sell when you collect key? I'm wondering how many are for own stay, how many are for 空手套白狼?

desquire
07-12-11, 08:59
why not?!! we have better view - reservior is much more wider from our side, we have no road noise at all, we have no west sun....

Will you sell when you collect key? I'm wondering how many are for own stay, how many are for 空手套白狼?
I'm no investor. I buy fir own stay like I think many would at WV. Apart from space, it bleeds to sell such a unit away upon TOP unless the space really can't make it. I'm still worried over the fact that the showflat is a 'blown-up' from the original.

With a quiet and convenient location apart from the MRT and amenities all around, there's no reason to let it go apart from space constraint. The blocks layout are fantastic with sufficient parking lots and low maintenance fees. I'll keep for sure!! No two ways about it. :tsk-tsk:

East Lover
07-12-11, 11:15
I'm no investor. I buy fir own stay like I think many would at WV. Apart from space, it bleeds to sell such a unit away upon TOP unless the space really can't make it. I'm still worried over the fact that the showflat is a 'blown-up' from the original.

With a quiet and convenient location apart from the MRT and amenities all around, there's no reason to let it go apart from space constraint. The blocks layout are fantastic with sufficient parking lots and low maintenance fees. I'll keep for sure!! No two ways about it. :tsk-tsk:
talking about the showflat... i think i'd better to visit showflat this weekend, to check how small will it be if i enlarge the space for fridge...

i want to build a cabinet in the corner between kitchen and HS, feasible? that may extend a bit space for storage, and even can put a microwave??
http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img-typeE2-4bdrm-02.jpg

East Lover
07-12-11, 11:30
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-06-09/foldingbalconytable02.jpg

desquire
07-12-11, 13:24
talking about the showflat... i think i'd better to visit showflat this weekend, to check how small will it be if i enlarge the space for fridge...

i want to build a cabinet in the corner between kitchen and HS, feasible? that may extend a bit space for storage, and even can put a microwave??
http://www.waterfrontliving.com.sg/waterview/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img-typeE2-4bdrm-02.jpg
Definitely a good idea. You can seal up the rubbish chute opening too. Did I get the correct location? Hehe. I just visited showflat last weekend. Now the agents whistling and enjoying the view and nice air-conditioned showflat. Nice!! :p

East Lover
10-12-11, 11:38
I brought my maid to showflat just now for the fridge size.

My current one is 90cm wide. so extand the WV fridge area 20cm seems not a bad idea. the cooking area is still reasonable! :p

Now the question is shall we go for 85cm or 91cm for more fexibility? i will go Courts to check the normal fridge size, hehehe. if the trend is going to smaller, then i go for 85cm. my current one is 2-door with beverage bar and instant ice water dispenser, very good looking with white flower, however the right section is too small to store normal food, and the left section is too big to store frozen food... my hubby said i can buy whatever type of fridge as long as i like it!;) :rolleyes:

i have 2 years to shop! hahaha:cheers5:

desquire
10-12-11, 15:53
I brought my maid to showflat just now for the fridge size.

My current one is 90cm wide. so extand the WV fridge area 20cm seems not a bad idea. the cooking area is still reasonable! :p

Now the question is shall we go for 85cm or 91cm for more fexibility? i will go Courts to check the normal fridge size, hehehe. if the trend is going to smaller, then i go for 85cm. my current one is 2-door with beverage bar and instant ice water dispenser, very good looking with white flower, however the right section is too small to store normal food, and the left section is too big to store frozen food... my hubby said i can buy whatever type of fridge as long as i like it!;) :rolleyes:

i have 2 years to shop! hahaha:cheers5:
You're so lucky. I hv accepted the fate of having a single door fridge. Hehe. Any discounts at WV after the clamping? Got give 50% discount or not? Else can get another unit there since they clearing stock. Hehe. :D

East Lover
10-12-11, 19:14
You're so lucky. I hv accepted the fate of having a single door fridge. Hehe. Any discounts at WV after the clamping? Got give 50% discount or not? Else can get another unit there since they clearing stock. Hehe. :D
no discount leh, agent said no much impact as WV is targeting to HDB upgrader, usually this is their 2nd house, no need to pay 3% woh.

btw, sales pretty good, already 90% sold liao. only 70+ left, even better than bedok residences, still got 90+ units left (of course 3/4 bedders)

Kengar
11-12-11, 10:20
That means over 50 units sold in the past month ?

no discount leh, agent said no much impact as WV is targeting to HDB upgrader, usually this is their 2nd house, no need to pay 3% woh.

btw, sales pretty good, already 90% sold liao. only 70+ left, even better than bedok residences, still got 90+ units left (of course 3/4 bedders)

desquire
11-12-11, 11:50

Sure or not sis? So fast sell so many units? Spillover from BR?
I drove past a few minutes ago and there were 3 couples with umbrellas walking through the door.
I think agent not telling the truth. They give discount also scared the earlier buyers angry. Maybe, they don't say do loud. Hehe. :D

desquire
11-12-11, 12:08
That means over 50 units sold in the past month ?
Can't be bro. Only 2 recorded so far last mnth unless there a mad surge. Haha. EC usually will go very fast while pte ones a little slower. WV on sale for almost a year already. Still 15% left. BR is TOPS!!! So very quick!!;)

Stoney Stone Stone
11-12-11, 15:37
I drove past a few minutes ago and there were 3 couples with umbrellas walking through the door.
I think agent not telling the truth. They give discount also scared the earlier buyers angry. Maybe, they don't say do loud. Hehe. :D

Yes, I agree with desquire. I think SL will not give any discount or FV after the CM. The reason is to be fair the the early buyers.
I am one of victim on the 2nd cooling measure.
I place my 5% cheque on Tuesday.
The CM announced on Thursday and launched in the next day.
I ask the agent whether will I have any discount or FV or waive stamp duty for my case, and they told me "NO" due to be fair to early buyers. I ask if I pull back my 5% cheque and he tell me maybe I will lost 25% of my 5% payment. I can only move forward to accept 16%, 12% 8% & 4% cooling measure. The only excuse to make me feel happy is I bought WV for my own stay and not investment.

desquire
11-12-11, 18:13
Yes, I agree with desquire. I think SL will not give any discount or FV after the CM. The reason is to be fair the the early buyers.
I am one of victim on the 2nd cooling measure.
I place my 5% cheque on Tuesday.
The CM announced on Thursday and launched in the next day.
I ask the agent whether will I have any discount or FV or waive stamp duty for my case, and they told me "NO" due to be fair to early buyers. I ask if I pull back my 5% cheque and he tell me maybe I will lost 25% of my 5% payment. I can only move forward to accept 16%, 12% 8% & 4% cooling measure. The only excuse to make me feel happy is I bought WV for my own stay and not investment.
Same here also bought for own stay. I thought you have already bought a unit earlier right? You bought another unit? This is not your only second unit?:p

Stoney Stone Stone
11-12-11, 18:27
Same here also bought for own stay. I thought you have already bought a unit earlier right? You bought another unit? This is not your only second unit?:p

No, I bought only 1 unit.
I mean the previous cooling measure launched on FEB by MBT.

Stoney Stone Stone
11-12-11, 19:00
No, I bought only 1 unit.
I mean the previous cooling measure launched on FEB by MBT.

Sorry, I think should be Jan and not Feb.

joycewangwen
11-12-11, 20:08
Visited WV in this Saturday.

Saw those stacks facing the reservoir already in 4th floor...pretty fast:rolleyes:

desquire
11-12-11, 20:16
Sorry, I think should be Jan and not Feb.

hehehehe... thought you lup another unit there... :p

desquire
11-12-11, 20:18
Visited WV in this Saturday.

Saw those stacks facing the reservoir already in 4th floor...pretty fast:rolleyes:

I think it's a pretty slow, moving anf steady build up. Not too fast, neither is it like a tortoise... just nice...

NV moving really fast. Drove past Waterfront Waves but doesn't seem to see many moving in apart from a few units being lighted up. Wonder where the rest are. Maybe on holidays...:p

East Lover
12-12-11, 08:19
maybe agent tell lie? but he looks very good man leh...:ashamed1:
but i did see many time ppl walk to showflat... most likely after saw the sky high price opp the hill, then might as well take a look at WV, then they found out it's super cheap (1200psf without view vs 850psf with quary view but road noise), then they signed the dotted line loh.:rolleyes:

yesterday before went to reservior jogging, saw a big family walking to showflat...

anyway, as long as no much left, SL no worry liao, should be full speed now. agent said the longest time is foundation, once completed, the rest should be fast. he even said we may be able to collect key around Oct. so high chance we can celabrate our X'mas at WV on 2013!:cheers4:

joycewangwen
12-12-11, 10:50
Last Saturday afternoon I was wandering in the WV showroom for almost one hour, during that time I didn't see any other bird.;)

When walking through the path to showroom, I lifted my eyes and saw the crane hovering back and forth, with tons of counterweight stone in the arm, just over my head!!!!:scared-4: :scared-4:

What if the stone falls...:scared-2:
I tell myself: don't visit the show room again

hyenergix
12-12-11, 10:59
Last Saturday afternoon I was wandering in the WV showroom for almost one hour, during that time I didn't see any other bird.;)

When walking through the path to showroom, I lifted my eyes and saw the crane hovering back and forth, with tons of counterweight stone in the arm, just over my head!!!!:scared-4: :scared-4:

You can complain to MOM. It is not allowed.

OT
12-12-11, 14:59
for a limited period only
developer is giving the 3% ABSD reimbursement for affected buyers upon TOP

anyone interested to buy?

WV showflat will be closed on 22 Dec '11 - 5 Jan '12 for the festive season
Viewing during this period is by appointment only on Sat/Sun 4-6pm

make an viewing appointment with me! :D

Kengar
12-12-11, 21:30
Was on leave today and went to take some outdoor shots, noticed that all the reservoir stacks will get almost a direct west sun. In fact, the quarry view stacks are not facing west sun at all for now. Perhaps the Sun will set at a different "west" during each part of the year.

The Long Kang View

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S55DTurFdTM/TuYOLml_LYI/AAAAAAAAALc/CyVSbJQAaLs/s576/Longkang.jpg

Stack 14, 13, 9

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-236X6--Uaz4/TuYO0fQfqGI/AAAAAAAAALg/n96dF5q018c/s720/Farview.jpg

Stack 14 & 13 Close Up

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bwNtqD6IE8c/TuYPFKAKZjI/AAAAAAAAALk/9_A2buCkR2g/s720/Stack%25252013.jpg

Stack 14, 13, 9, 12

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YbNZPFcheIs/TuYPhnwaXVI/AAAAAAAAALo/5jTkC_R5SCc/s720/4%252520Stacks.jpg

Kengar
12-12-11, 21:34
Panaroma View

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aiQnDNJQ-bA/TuYQcJi05vI/AAAAAAAAALs/gu-b25sSg8U/s800/Pana.jpg

GForce
12-12-11, 21:35
If u notice the west sun will shift, sept to march south facing gets it, thereafter it's the north facing.

jbtay
13-12-11, 08:27
If u notice the west sun will shift, sept to march south facing gets it, thereafter it's the north facing.

Yes, It shifts every 6 months or so, right now at Aquarius, its towards my kitchen, another 6 months and it will shift to my front balcony.

Ha Ha, even distribution

East Lover
13-12-11, 09:03
Was on leave today and went to take some outdoor shots, noticed that all the reservoir stacks will get almost a direct west sun. In fact, the quarry view stacks are not facing west sun at all for now. Perhaps the Sun will set at a different "west" during each part of the year.
Thanks for your good update! :)

I know our reservior staks are facing south-west, so second of half year should be as hot as its price.

We have one more item in our bulk purchase - 3M Sun Control Window Films!:p

3M™ Sun Control Window Films (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Residential/Sun_Control_Window_Films/)

Energy savings: reduce cooling costs by up to 30%
Fade reduction: block up to 99% of harmful UV rays to reduce fading of furnishings and carpet
Sun control: improve comfort and maintain temperature consistency from one room to another
Glare reduction: improve television and computer screen viewingLearn more about the full line of 3M Sun Control Window Films (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Residential/Sun_Control_Window_Films/)

Kengar
13-12-11, 09:28
Looks like will be alot of :2cents: for Living Hall, MBR, Bedroom 2 & 3. :D

I know our reservior staks are facing south-west, so second of half year should be as hot as its price.

3M™ Sun Control Window Films (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Residential/Sun_Control_Window_Films/)

Fade reduction: block up to 99% of harmful UV rays to reduce fading of furnishings and carpet
Sun control: improve comfort and maintain temperature consistency from one room to another
Glare reduction: improve television and computer screen viewingLearn more about the full line of 3M Sun Control Window Films (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Residential/Sun_Control_Window_Films/)

hyenergix
13-12-11, 12:07

Best is just use aluminium foil... Cost = $10 for whole house.

Eastguy
13-12-11, 14:31
Hey Brothers and Sisters

Was at the show flat last weekend. Just curious, where do u guys put the washing machine?No Drainage, power point and water supply.

Kengar
13-12-11, 15:21
There will be a designated point at the 2nd Balcony just beside the maid's toilet. The drainage, power point and water supply were not "featured" at the showflat.

Hey Brothers and Sisters

Was at the show flat last weekend. Just curious, where do u guys put the washing machine?No Drainage, power point and water supply.

Kengar
15-12-11, 11:58
Wow still can sell 12 units in Nov at median price of $888!:D

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 12:04
84% sold, 112 units left.

East Lover
15-12-11, 12:24
84% sold, 112 units left.
so techincally speaking, that agent didn't lie, he said about 10% left. 16% still is 1x% hahaha :o

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 12:31
still fail maths and/or misrep! :simmering: hahahahahhahaha

so techincally speaking, that agent didn't lie, he said about 10% left. 16% still is 1x% hahaha :o

desquire
15-12-11, 16:36

Oh my!!!! Thank God you're safe. This is dangerous!!!:simmering:

desquire
15-12-11, 16:38
Panaroma View

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aiQnDNJQ-bA/TuYQcJi05vI/AAAAAAAAALs/gu-b25sSg8U/s800/Pana.jpg
Thanks for the update there bro. Progress pretty neat. :p

desquire
15-12-11, 16:41
Wow still can sell 12 units in Nov at median price of $888!:D
I stunned myself. Must be uprising prices of the new developments that spur them to buy something value for $ instead. :D

Everything flowing smoothly. :p

joycewangwen
16-12-11, 18:25
List of condos/EC around Bedok Reservoir

Waterview
Arc@Tampines
The tropica
Archiplego
Aquarius
The clearwater
Baywater?
Waterfront wave, gold, key, isle
Bedok residence
Belvia
likely more to come, still a lot of free land for $$$

iwantgizmos
16-12-11, 18:55

Waterview
Arc@Tampines
The tropica
Archiplego
Aquarius
The clearwater
Baywater?
Bedok residence
Belvia
likely more to come, still a lot of free land for $$$

I think you Pinevale (by Capitaland) can be added to the list as well.
It's located at Tampines Street 73, not literally around the reservoir, but still considered near i guess.

Santro
16-12-11, 19:22
Of the whole list my fav is The Tropica and Waterview reservoir facing units. Very quiet, serene and peaceful ambience for own stay :D and value for money.
These units will have minimal impact of recent cm.

Waterview
Arc@Tampines
The tropica
Archiplego
Aquarius
The clearwater
Baywater?
Bedok residence
Belvialikely more to come, still a lot of free land for $$$

East Lover
21-12-11, 13:19
Still sold one unit above 1mil in Nov!

Address PSF Size (sqft) Price Contract Date
85 ------$928 1130 ------$1049k 30 Nov 11
75 ------$855 1130 ------ $966k 23 Nov 11
73 ------ $859 926 ------ $795k 14 Nov

Kengar
21-12-11, 15:12
Interesting.. this should be the 3 bedder facing quarry (Stack 27).. must be high high floor :eek:

Eastguy
21-12-11, 15:14

The 75----$855 1130 is the low floor.

flagship74
21-12-11, 16:29

Maybe it could be agents who bot?:rolleyes:

desquire
21-12-11, 22:43
High floor for the 85 and quarry facing should be priced thereabouts isn't it?:p

East Lover
22-12-11, 09:30
High floor for the 85 and quarry facing should be priced thereabouts isn't it?:p
If need to choose quarry facing (+road noise+west sun) and tampines ave 1 facing (only road noise), i think quary facing is still better!

luckily the bus stop is at Tropica side, and there is no unit in tropica directily facing it, otherwise the bus noise is even worse than consistant road noise...

i saw one unit opp the reservior, view super nice, but master bedroom outside is bus stop, even high floor, also can't tahan....

joycewangwen
22-12-11, 10:58
Any cost effective measures in house 装修 to isolate road noise?

I saw in airport, people can't hear people separated by a sheet of glass.:D very impressive noise isolation

mcmlxxvi
22-12-11, 12:38

I saw in airport, people can't hear people separated by a sheet of glass.:D very impressive noise isolation
Sound relies on air molecules to vibrate to transmit. So no air means no sound.

DC33_2008
22-12-11, 13:29
Airport is 24/7 air-conditioned. How about your place?

East Lover
23-12-11, 09:07
Merry X'mas my dear FEC brothers & sisters!

Need to seek your opinion - did you notice that the TV point in showflats are diferent in 3 bedder and 4 bedder?

which side is better?
1. 4 bedder - close to kitchen side - so you can have more choices for sofa?
2. 3 bedder - opp to kitchen side - make the living hall looks bigger?

joycewangwen
23-12-11, 17:16
Sis EL, both have pros and cons, and all of us have two years time to plan the WV new house.:D

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year to all WVers. :spliff:

desquire
23-12-11, 21:57
Merry X'mas my dear FEC brothers & sisters!

Need to seek your opinion - did you notice that the TV point in showflats are diferent in 3 bedder and 4 bedder?

which side is better?
1. 4 bedder - close to kitchen side - so you can have more choices for sofa?
2. 3 bedder - opp to kitchen side - make the living hall looks bigger?

Hehe. Already got the 3-bedder so whichever side also canlah. Hehe. Merry Xmas to all. After that countdown to 2 more Xmas. The 3rd being at WV. A gathering for us all. Hehe. :D

Kengar
24-12-11, 16:15
Merry X'mas too all Forumers, especially our future Waterview neighbours!

minami3
24-12-11, 18:17
Merry X'mas too all Forumers, especially our future Waterview neighbours!
Merry X'mas to all FEC!!!:cheers1: Looking forward to X'mas 2013 @ WV :)

mr_chongfs
24-12-11, 20:19
Hi waterviewers, merry Xmas.

Cheers.

East Lover
25-12-11, 12:40
Merry X'mas to all FEC!!!:cheers1: Looking forward to X'mas 2013 @ WV :)
That's exactly what i'm going to say! Merry X'mas to all FEC!!!:cheers4:

East Lover
25-12-11, 21:24
Sis EL, both have pros and cons, and all of us have two years time to plan the WV new house.:D

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year to all WVers. :spliff:
question is what is the latest time to confirm that with shirley? it will be $$$ if you want to change the TV points once confirmed...

desquire
26-12-11, 00:38
question is what is the latest time to confirm that with shirley? it will be $$$ if you want to change the TV points once confirmed...
Sis, the wait for 2013 is running my dry. A reno contractor might help with the trick. They can almost do anything that we wish. It just depends on how we want it to be done and how deep our pockets are.

Just that those not in tune with management and obvious, we have to pass. Things like fixtures to balcony etc. Other than that, we can have our call!! Hehe.

It's the New Year soon. Happy breathing-fire guys!!!:D

Grande
27-12-11, 22:43
Hi sis East Lover

The midges are back at Bedok Reservoir. Are there midges at yr place in Tropica ? I really worry our units at Waterview will be plagued with midges every year end leh. Tks !:)

East Lover
28-12-11, 08:59
Hi sis East Lover

The midges are back at Bedok Reservoir. Are there midges at yr place in Tropica ? I really worry our units at Waterview will be plagued with midges every year end leh. Tks !:)
I think it's impacted the oppsite side? so far i didn't see any mdiges in Tropica, so we will not see them in Waterview also!;)

No worry, WV will be fine. Let's looking forward our X'mas housewarming in 2013!

By the way, I can see a bit of 4th floor in block 77 & 79 from the floating platform. does it mean 4th floor can have water view also?:D :D

East Lover
28-12-11, 09:07

3 days before new CM? another deal above 1mil - $1104k!
and new trend? the bigger size, the higher PSF???

Address ----------- PSF -----------Size (sqft)----- Price -----------Contract Date
89 ----------- $932----------- 1184 ----------- $1104k --------- 05 Dec 11
93 ----------- $834----------- 926 ----------- $772k ----------- 01 Dec 11
73 ----------- $887 ----------- 926 ----------- $821k ----------- 01 Dec 11

Grande
28-12-11, 09:12
I think it's impacted the oppsite side? so far i didn't see any mdiges in Tropica, so we will not see them in Waterview also!;)

No worry, WV will be fine. Let's looking forward our X'mas housewarming in 2013!

By the way, I can see a bit of 4th floor in block 77 & 79 from the floating platform. does it mean 4th floor can have water view also?:D :D

Tks ! The midges problem is quite jia lat at Sheng Siong.

Last week went to the car park and so far the progress for Blks 77 and 79 is the fastest.

I thk the trees at WV side not as tall as Waterfront side. There is a possibility that 4th floor can see abit

iwantgizmos
28-12-11, 09:55

Last week went to the car park and so far the progress for Blks 77 and 79 is the fastest.

I thk the trees at WV side not as tall as Waterfront side. There is a possibility that 4th floor can see abit
this midges problem can be quite annoying at times...
my colleague said he has to rewash his laundry as dead midges keep sticking to them when hung out to dry...

East Lover
28-12-11, 09:59

Yes blk 79 first, follow by 77.

Btw weekend during exercise, I went to the oppt hill to kei po - the average is $1100 psf, and hardly no view!

if 4th floor can have waterview, that's good news for wv owners. in fact, the view from the showflat which is 1st floor, also not bad. WV is really a goooooood buy! congrates to all FEC members!

Happy New Year!