Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima (D16, 99 years leasehold, TID <Hong Leong / Mitsui Fudosan>)

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    From the new pcs of land at Bedok South, to current TM mrt station is nearer then the possible ERL station even if its next to Temasek Pri and its only speculating to complete in 2020.
    haha...yes of course... like I said, it is walkable not nearer. Certainly a plus point don't you think? Even as a speculation...

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Yah... there is still one more wild card which is the ERL Bedok South MRT station. If the rumours are correct it may be built in the empty plot of land near Temasek Pri. which is a walkable distance too.
    I find this area rather nice, will look out for this project when it's due for launch. Should be around next year I suppose..

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    I find this area rather nice, will look out for this project when it's due for launch. Should be around next year I suppose..
    Certainly, I do find this Bedok South site better then those at the main road along the mrt track. Will be looking out also when its due for launch.

Default Empty plot beside Optima

Hi all, any knows if there's any latest development plans for the emPty plot beside optima? Since nw bedok south plot been tendered.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    Hi all, any knows if there's any latest development plans for the emPty plot beside optima? Since nw bedok south plot been tendered.

directly next to Optima is commercial/residential. The plot after that is residential. And, eventually the land opposite on the other side of the mrt station.

directly next to Optima is commercial/residential. The plot after that is residential. And, eventually the land opposite on the other side of the mrt station.

Looking forward to the launch of commercial project next to Optima.
    But guess earliest would be around 2014/2015

Quote Originally Posted by popoty
    Looking forward to the launch of commercial project next to Optima.
    But guess earliest would be around 2014/2015

Its no commercial. The big big sign there say residential land for tender.

Land is divide in three portions according to URA website. East end is Optima, west end is residential and centre was originally slated for residential/commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Its no commercial. The big big sign there say residential land for tender.

Land is divide in three portions according to URA website. East end is Optima, west end is residential and centre was originally slated for residential/commercial.
    Wat do u mean "originally" residential/commercial?
    Has it been changed?

Wat do u mean "originally" residential/commercial?
    Has it been changed?
    The land was supposed to be for commercial use since many years back, but till now nothing done.

If a mall is built there will be ideal, surely will benefit all the condos around this area!

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    The land was supposed to be for commercial use since many years back, but till now nothing done.

If a mall is built there will be ideal, surely will benefit all the condos around this area!

The division of land in 3 parts can be seen on this plan
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-161a13.pdf

Previously, the centre portion land was marked as residential/commercial but that term seems to have been removed. But that does not mean the plans have changed.

Not sure if the build-up of Bedok Central has affected the development of the plot as a commercial/residential.

Previously, the centre portion land was marked as residential/commercial but that term seems to have been removed. But that does not mean the plans have changed.

Not sure if the build-up of Bedok Central has affected the development of the plot as a commercial/residential.
    How can we find out more of the centre piece of land?
    Surely if commercial project would boost value of surrounding condo/apartment...

How can we find out more of the centre piece of land?
    Surely if commercial project would boost value of surrounding condo/apartment...
    Concept plant 2008 still lists the area as commercial. Check out the link below. Zoom in on the area and then check the legend for the land plans usage.

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/dcd/eservic...8/buyPlans.cfm

Yes for sure a commercial project is a boost to the surrounding areas. But the potential may already be built into the price.

Center is the one behind the mrt station? Hmm tats small for commercial.

Hmm ok. On plan is 2 plot. Onsite they fence up the whole 2 plotnn place a residential land for tender sign. So I though it is such a big piece of residential land.

Center is the one behind the mrt station? Hmm tats small for commercial.
    I suppose you can squeeze a decent sized shopping centre probably the size of Bedok Point. Would be better if it were commercial/residential for it to be more viable.

But the 2008 masterplan 2008 seems to suggest a purely commercial project. I think it was mentioned before that if it were a shopping centre, it would be connected in the basement via the underground pass to Tanah Merah MRT.

Hmm ok. On plan is 2 plot. Onsite they fence up the whole 2 plotnn place a residential land for tender sign. So I though it is such a big piece of residential land.
    Things may have changed since 2008. With Bedok Residences and the integrated mall...etc. The Tanah Merah area may not have a market for another mall.

The area is actually already quite well-served by a few shopping areas some within walking distance. There is Shop and Save in Simpang Bedok and there is a wet market diagonally across the road, further down Bedok Road, there is also a Cold storage at Eastwood.

It is possible the commercial project may not materialise in the next Masterplan.

Things may have changed since 2008. With Bedok Residences and the integrated mall...etc. The Tanah Merah area may not have a market for another mall.

The area is actually already quite well-served by a few shopping areas some within walking distance. There is Shop and Save in Simpang Bedok and there is a wet market diagonally across the road, further down Bedok Road, there is also a Cold storage at Eastwood.

It is possible the commercial project may not materialise in the next Masterplan.

Yeah there is also a changi point 1 train station down too..

Yeah there is also a changi point 1 train station down too..
    Btw the area of the centre plot is actually quite big and more than enough for a decent shopping centre. The area currently occupied by Optima will "shrink" once it is completed. At the moment all the construction equipment is spilling over to the centre plot.

The two plots, residential/commercial, will definitely bring good news to area in time to come. Juz dont clear the land opposite the road and build BTOs, EC still ok.

The two plots, residential/commercial, will definitely bring good news to area in time to come. Juz dont clear the land opposite the road and build BTOs, EC still ok.
    If you mean the hillside, I think there may be too little space for BTOs/ECs

On the Jalan Tanjong side there is a reservoir/water holding area/canal of some sort, I think that will restrict further development in that area

Btw the area of the centre plot is actually quite big and more than enough for a decent shopping centre. The area currently occupied by Optima will "shrink" once it is completed. At the moment all the construction equipment is spilling over to the centre plot.
    ahhhhh.. i never walk behind. only see from the front... interesting to note.

If you mean the hillside, I think there may be too little space for BTOs/ECs

On the Jalan Tanjong side there is a reservoir/water holding area/canal of some sort, I think that will restrict further development in that area
    From the main road to the inner road ie. Bedok rise, its about the same optima plot. If take Optima land plot size, the whole hillside land can be slice into 4 to 5 PC/EC plot. That land is not small, can see from the masterplan 2008.

From the main road to the inner road ie. Bedok rise, its about the same optima plot. If take Optima land plot size, the whole hillside land can be slice into 4 to 5 PC/EC plot. That land is not small, can see from the masterplan 2008.
    You are right BTOs would be a waste for such a prime land, ECs still possible. But somehow I doubt they need to touch the area for at least a while more.

Also don't forget that the area is quite hilly. I think it would be better if they develop it into some recreational park and leave it as a bit of a green lung in the area.

the site plot ratio only 1.4

going to build PC. Already in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by fafalulu
    the site plot ratio only 1.4

going to build PC. Already in the list.
    I think he is referring to opposite Optima which is still subject to land planning.

The 1.4 plot ratio land is currently home to a nursery.

I think he is referring to opposite Optima which is still subject to land planning.

The 1.4 plot ratio land is currently home to a nursery.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/LsmMap/showSite.do?q=684

Not this one mie? Plot ratio 1.6, available in June 2012

OMG you are right, didn't realise that the area is up for sale. With such a big area but small plot ratio wonder what kind of development is going to be built there.... Landed?

Hope the leave the Hill alone or re-develop it as a park.... very wild now at the moment.

This should be the one, I'm not so sure about the plot ratio. Nevertheless 1.6 is unlikely to be BTO. PC/EC is definitely confirm, as the plot size is quite big.

This should be the one, I'm not so sure about the plot ratio. Nevertheless 1.6 is unlikely to be BTO. PC/EC is definitely confirm, as the plot size is quite big.
    32000sqm with 540 residential units good spread for given area. PC seems more likely than EC. Area still in private land, I think Gahmen unlikely to let it go to build ECs.

The whole area is starting to look more and more exciting