Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

if they priced at 800psf on average...shd receive gd response...since tropica is transacting at around 680psf....

so tropica prices will stay flat....only when this new launch price at 850psf upwards den will pull up tropica prices

Another news that I read in the PropertyGuru is that this development consist of 12 point blocks, each level having 4 units.

Wonder when they will TOP this project.

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    Another news that I read in the PropertyGuru is that this development consist of 12 point blocks, each level having 4 units.

Quote Originally Posted by SRM
    Wonder when they will TOP this project.
    Seems all infi points to 2016. One year before the opening of Downtown line 3.

Wow. Thats a long way to go.

wah piang 6 years? if i buy a tropica unit now at 900k, rent out at 3.5k for 6 years, i will get 252k rent for the same 30% downpayment i sink in.

dover parkview is renting at >$3.50 psf due to uwc dover, so a 1200 tropica unit may potentially fetch $4.2k. that's $302,400 during these 6 years.

Bro SRM, your record has been broken.

block 51 high floor stack 6 sold 753psf.

Fantastic!!! Congrats to the lucky owner. Its value for money..

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    Bro SRM, your record has been broken.

block 51 high floor stack 6 sold 753psf.

Usually the actual TOP is much faster than the official TOP. Take the case of their recent project, Clover By The Park, the official TOP stated sometime in Q4 2012 but the construction is almost complete and the TOP is likely to bring forward to probably Q3 2011. If I can recall properly, The Tropica TOP was also sped up by about a year ahead of schedule.

yesterday we went to reserviour jogging, and we saw a group of property agents stationed at car park to do road show for this waterview project! so aggregative. Is 800+ psf really that cheap meh

Yes, they said got 12 blocks, each block only 4 units, like HDB pointed unit . all 4 bedder facing reservior, smallest unit is 2 bedder, no studio or 1 bedder hehe
    Last edited by East Lover; 25-10-10 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    yesterday we went to reserviour jogging, and we saw a group of property agents stationed at car park to do road show for this waterview project! so aggregative. Is 800+ psf really that cheap meh

Yes, they said got 12 blocks, each block only 4 units, like HDB pointed unit . all 4 bedder facing reservior, smallest unit is 2 bedder, no studio or 1 bedder hehe
    I guess may 1 or 2 blks of the 4 bedders would have the full reservoir view
    Wonder how are they laying out the 12 blks. It will be a real challenge to we'll if some of the blocks are facing the quarry and near the junction.
    Actually with this WaterView project, those living in the high floors of blk 63, 65 would be quieter than now...good for Tropica.
    Not sure if they would retain the small little hill (behind blk 63) as their their "Theme Garden"...

I guess may 1 or 2 blks of the 4 bedders would have the full reservoir view
    Wonder how are they laying out the 12 blks. It will be a real challenge to we'll if some of the blocks are facing the quarry and near the junction.
    Actually with this WaterView project, those living in the high floors of blk 63, 65 would be quieter than now...good for Tropica.
    Not sure if they would retain the small little hill (behind blk 63) as their their "Theme Garden"...
    agent said site map not ready yet. I'm also curious to know how to put 12 blocks into the same size of Tropica - we only have 7 blocks, and every unit have at least pool view or lake view.

Agreed. the road noice is no joke. but they have a side gate, can go to reservior directly. the bridge for Tropica is no hope liao1

By the way, agent said floor area for 4 bedders is only 1400 sqft! how to squize 4 bedrooms into 1400sqft? maybe no more junior suit, less one attached toilet...

considering tropica blk 51 transacted at 753psf, 800+psf is very good price liao lo. sister you should nab 2 high floor full lake view units, and flip one to me at TOP.

agent said site map not ready yet. I'm also curious to know how to put 12 blocks into the same size of Tropica - we only have 7 blocks, and every unit have at least pool view or lake view.

Agreed. the road noice is no joke. but they have a side gate, can go to reservior directly. the bridge for Tropica is no hope liao1

By the way, agent said floor area for 4 bedders is only 1400 sqft! how to squize 4 bedrooms into 1400sqft? maybe no more junior suit, less one attached toilet...
    Wonder if the entrance would be beside Tropica? Assuming half of the units owns cars. That's another 350 cars. Would the current already widened avenue 1 would be able to accommodate the addition traffic during peak hours when the WaterView project TOPed?

May I ask how many units on one floor in Tropica? Just curious.

Without baywindows and planter should be ok for 1400sqft 4 bedders I think. I think additional toilet for junior master is a luxury that can compromise.

Wonder if the entrance would be beside Tropica? Assuming half of the units owns cars. That's another 350 cars. Would the current already widened avenue 1 would be able to accommodate the addition traffic during peak hours when the WaterView project TOPed?
    Similar to the car problem, I hope that most investors into the reservoir projects are not sold mainly on the UWC potential coz there are more and more units becoming available but one 1 UWC.

considering tropica blk 51 transacted at 753psf, 800+psf is very good price liao lo. sister you should nab 2 high floor full lake view units, and flip one to me at TOP.
    bro, they got penthouse in waterview!! Wanna to combine all your so many units into 1 for your happy family?

if main entrance on ave 10, will there be additional bus stop for waterview also?

how come no transaction found in URA for Sept? last time agent said got offer 1.14 for blk 61 #14, no update also...no sales at all in Tropica, especially on sept after PM Lee said to cool down ?

caveats not out yet la.. 753psf just transacted nia.

i know a few confirmed sales starting mid sept, so factoring in 2 weeks option exercising and caveat lodgement, probably will see caveats mid nov?

how come no transaction found in URA for Sept? last time agent said got offer 1.14 for blk 61 #14, no update also...no sales at all in Tropica, especially on sept after PM Lee said to cool down ?

bro, they got penthouse in waterview!! Wanna to combine all your so many units into 1 for your happy family?
    With so many units, the monthly maintenance fee should be low. I heard the maintenance fee of Clover By The Park in Bishan is less than $200 for a 3bdr

With so many units, the monthly maintenance fee should be low. I heard the maintenance fee of Clover By The Park in Bishan is less than $200 for a 3bdr
    last time we went to see the showflat, how come i remember the maintenance fee quite standard? not so low one.

but for this waterview, they have at least 150 units more than tropica, logically speaking, should be lower than ours bah...

not sure how much for penthouse, need to ask bro McKinnon hehehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    May I ask how many units on one floor in Tropica? Just curious.
    depends. for blk 57, 61 and 55? we have 6 units per floor, but rest of blk only 2 unit per floor. total of 500+ units in Tropica.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Without baywindows and planter should be ok for 1400sqft 4 bedders I think. I think additional toilet for junior master is a luxury that can compromise.
    sorry they have a reasonable big balcony.
    Agreed. if without th luxury of attached toilet, 1400 sqft maybe just nice. i fact i feel my current 4 bedder has too many toilets, under utilization.

i may go for 3+study if such unit also have full lake view

i may go for 3+study if such unit also have full lake view
    how much psf for let say 10th flr r u willing to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how much psf for let say 10th flr r u willing to pay?
    really depends on the unit layout, and entire project.

if the landscape not as nice as tropica, or too 小家子气, then i may not even want to buy...

but if layout very good in feng shui, also very optimized, no wasting area, then i think 850psf sounds reasonable

haha, no thanks. i prefer multiple smaller units to 1 huge unit since own stay is opportunity cost to me.

wah piang 6 years? if i buy a tropica unit now at 900k, rent out at 3.5k for 6 years, i will get 252k rent for the same 30% downpayment i sink in.

dover parkview is renting at >$3.50 psf due to uwc dover, so a 1200 tropica unit may potentially fetch $4.2k. that's $302,400 during these 6 years.
    how long can the property rising last? can hot money last for 5-6 years?
    if waterview takes 5-6 years, property market will cool down before TOP. maybe we should sell Tropica now (sell high), and buy waterview later (buy low)

that's a highly risky move to assume the market will drop.

if one is sure property will drop, then it's better to cash out of their hdbs than their condos.

how long can the property rising last? can hot money last for 5-6 years?
    if waterview takes 5-6 years, property market will cool down before TOP. maybe we should sell Tropica now (sell high), and buy waterview later (buy low)

that's a highly risky move to assume the market will drop.

if one is sure property will drop, then it's better to cash out of their hdbs than their condos.
    HDB will fetch much more higher return than condo, easily 5-6%. By the current policy the worst, once you cash out your HDB flat, you can't buy any more, unless you sell off your private property.

The increase range for HDB is only around 150K? so it will not drop much. but for prative property is different - it can rise to 900K+ for 3 bedder, can drop to 600K+ also.

HDB will fetch much more higher return than condo, easily 5-6%. By the current policy the worst, once you cash out your HDB flat, you can't buy any more, unless you sell off your private property.

The increase range for HDB is only around 150K? so it will not drop much. but for prative property is different - it can rise to 900K+ for 3 bedder, can drop to 600K+ also.
    i kind of agree with u

during the darkest period 97 financial crisis, HDB prices only drop 20% whereas pte drop 40% on average