Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Livia (D18, 99 years Leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by cartman
    yeah, its like supermarkets having weekly offers to entice the crowds. some superstores advertise a low price for a product but only have very limited stocks...usually old models too
    Yup. The advertised price is for the unit facing the substation...

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Yup. The advertised price is for the unit facing the substation...
    Passed by today... Still prefer DBR if really want to stay at far east... Look at the DBSS at simei, almost sold out... Environment at Simei is far better, even better than Casa Merah IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Passed by today... Still prefer DBR if really want to stay at far east... Look at the DBSS at simei, almost sold out... Environment at Simei is far better, even better than Casa Merah IMHO
    Hi me too like Double Bay but the cost still a bit high. Love the ground floor as well because of the nice PES. But don't know what to do to the PES behind.

Quote Originally Posted by forte
    Hi me too like Double Bay but the cost still a bit high. Love the ground floor as well because of the nice PES. But don't know what to do to the PES behind.
    you can put some furniture there, a big widescreen tv, a bar with sink and running water, and you've got yourself a sports bar for the boyz. don't forget to invite me when it's all done up.

come to the worst you can use it for a smoking area or an area to raise your pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    you can put some furniture there, a big widescreen tv, a bar with sink and running water, and you've got yourself a sports bar for the boyz. don't forget to invite me when it's all done up.

come to the worst you can use it for a smoking area or an area to raise your pets.
    good idea, you pay for the sports channel, get nice couch for DBR pple to come watch. i'm sure they be more than happy to pay admission fee to enjoy the game. also, no need to pay for sports channel too.

Make it into a garden? Maybe can plant a durian or rambutan tree heheh...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus

Nice ...

Default Tzu Chi Foundation

Livia is close to Tzu Chi Foundation's building, a Taiwanese Buddhist Organization well-known for its international relief work. It is situated in between Ris Grandeur and the highway. For people who want to do charity work and find ultimate meaning in life, it is an excellent choice :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Livia is close to Tzu Chi Foundation's building, a Taiwanese Buddhist Organization well-known for its international relief work. It is situated in between Ris Grandeur and the highway. For people who want to do charity work and find ultimate meaning in life, it is an excellent choice :-)

Their work is regardless of religion and race. They will typically build houses and schools for disaster victims to help them in the long term.

Turkey earthquake work:
    http://www.tzuchi.org/Global/news/ar.../20021201.html

Iran earthquake work:
    http://www.us.tzuchi.org/usa/home.nsf/Type2C/k11541

Jakarta slum around Angke river:
    http://www.tzuchi.org/global/project...stories_7.html

They will first study what is the need of the victims before deciding what is best for them. For example, for Nargis Cyclone in Burma, they actually buy high-quality rice seeds and distribute it to the farmers.

Frankly, the developers for both DBR and Livia are reputable. The only thing I have against DBR is the single road serving that development. the density for that road is too high. Recce it at night, cannot make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky
    As of Feb 2009
    URA website says cumulative launched = 440
    Cumulative sold = 356
    84 units remain unsold
    But 80 units were released in Feb 2009.

To me, seems like they are doing quite alright, although not sold out like some other projects. My guess is probably some units with bad direction or weird layout or whatever reason... will be left unsold until developer is willing to sell them at lower price.

Total number of units in project is 724. Probably developer still keeping choice stacks to sell when market picks up or nearer TOP date.
    Correct. Some of the units are not launched yet. I am waiting to see if the bigger units will be "reconfigured" to smaller units. Quite a number of developers are doing this (especially the smaller ones).

Expect CDL to offload more units at lower price, the company can't hold large inventory... especially for mass market project that is further from core centre.... potential fund raising for CDL as well.
    I remember reading somewhere that the land was acquired at a very very cheap price. Hence, even if they are only 50% sold, they probably be doing ok. Anyway, they have already passed the 50% mark.

Quote Originally Posted by aukang
    just took this picture...construction in progress...the sunset which happened a while later was great....Happy New Year to all
    Are you a owner of a unit at Livia?

Construction as of 1st May 09

Lightbulb sales??

anyone have any idea how e sales over at livia??

Quote Originally Posted by 0412
    anyone have any idea how e sales over at livia??
    They've recently sold a number of 3 & 3+study bedrooms. Most of them are from the newly launched stacks like 31 & 32. There're still ppl in the showflat but not many. In fact I just passed by today, I can still see a number of cars at the showflat, but of coz that doesn't mean the sales is good.

Anyway I heard that they've already FIXED their price, meaning there will be no room for negotiation. Also they're introducing IAS very soon but I am not sure with which bank.

Btw, which unit size are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by daveng2103
    They've recently sold a number of 3 & 3+study bedrooms. Most of them are from the newly launched stacks like 31 & 32. There're still ppl in the showflat but not many. In fact I just passed by today, I can still see a number of cars at the showflat, but of coz that doesn't mean the sales is good.

Anyway I heard that they've already FIXED their price, meaning there will be no room for negotiation. Also they're introducing IAS very soon but I am not sure with which bank.

Btw, which unit size are you looking at?
    That is correct. They have supposedly fixed their price. The last few units for negotiation was last week.

Anyone can offer any tips why I cannot upload the pics? The size is the pic is 2.38MB, 2592x1944, 180x180dpi

Default Construction status

Attached Images Attached Images

Was passing by the development at night (about 7.30pm). Noticed that the cranes were still moving! Is this the norm for all condo developments?

Was passing by the development at night (about 7.30pm). Noticed that the cranes were still moving! Is this the norm for all condo developments?
    Livia has been working overtime the past few days.

Starting on Stack 42 & 45. that cluster of blocks.

I know coz I live opposite and have a clear view of their progress everyday.

But i'm not getting Livia.

Default Construction status as of 30th May 2009

Attached is the construction status as of 30th May 2009.

Default Construction status as of 27th Jun 09

Attached is the construction status as of 27th Jun 2009.

Default join all livia owner

hi all livia owner,

you are welcome to join a yahoo group on latest news on livia and photos too.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livia_sg/

so whether the cranes move or not does it bother u?

Quote Originally Posted by alankc68
    so whether the cranes move or not does it bother u?
    I wasthinking of the work safety of the workers since they are working at night. Not sure if this is the best practice.

I wasthinking of the work safety of the workers since they are working at night. Not sure if this is the best practice.
    they are working every min to complete the project asap,,,everyday is money. they could save millions if they complete it way before the said date.
    if ura allows them to work 24/7 all projects would have worked non-stop

According to CDL website, Livia development is currently 14.2% complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky
    According to CDL website, Livia development is currently 14.2% complete.
    Does not look like it at the actual site...

Any ideas what is the ave psf for 3+1 ? Tks