Page 33 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334353637384348535863 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfront Waves (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    from my house in the west side of singapore .. my from master bedroom and terrace, i can see the 'not so nice sea' (as some die hard east coast fans will say) , the other end of my master room, i have a fantastic view of Kent ridge park ..
    the other 2 rooms and living room all have kent ridge park view ...

i HEAR no cars .. i only hear birds and insects in the day ... and in the night .. i have to tune down my TV volumne to 15-16 ( previously at other location, i tuned to 25-27 ) .. otherwise the whole estate can hear my tv ...

Thats Peace and Serenity ... and cheaper than east coast .. and still can get to Raffles place and Orchard in 8 and 12 mins respectively ...

Many buyers bought WW besides the reservoir, also becos its nearer to good schools, nearer to their parents/in-laws and last they like staying in the east.

Those who choose to stay in the east would have their reasons of advantages over the west. Vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by cheahsg
    Many buyers bought WW besides the reservoir, also becos its nearer to good schools, nearer to their parents/in-laws and last they like staying in the east.

Those who choose to stay in the east would have their reasons of advantages over the west. Vice versa.
    yes i agree ... totally valid

my comment is purely to illustrate :

if one choose to stay east for the 'nicer sea view' ...then theres the noise from the highway one has to bear ...

i choose west for the serenity and tranquility ..with a 'not so nice sea view' ...

i am not sure really .. but usually if you have some other projects in front to shield the noise ...even if you are high up .. a great amt of noise would have been filtered ...

as for my west coast house ..its perched on a hill ... overlooking the south sea .. with a lot of low rise houses between us .. and its about 250-350 m away ...
    Wow ... lucky u .... but from the pattern, it sounds like the row rise didn't really "block" the noise. Maybe it's the distance of 250-350m?

And, by jikiat's theory, then really need to balance between having a 4-10 flr blockage and view liao leh .... hmm ..

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Wow ... lucky u .... but from the pattern, it sounds like the row rise didn't really "block" the noise. Maybe it's the distance of 250-350m?

And, by jikiat's theory, then really need to balance between having a 4-10 flr blockage and view liao leh .... hmm ..
    yes i would think so ... sound travels up as it spreads out .. so by the time it reaches me .. it also travel up, above and over my house .so that distant probably is crucial ...

but i was at Valley park last week ..on a second floor unit ... strangely i didnt hear the traffic at all ...considering Valley park is by the very heavy traffic river valley road ..

anybody has fri/relatives live in the HDB near WW? how do they feel the noise from PIE after living a long time there?is the noise endurable?

Find a good idea from other thread, for the WW owners we can combine to get cheap deals from buying home appliances to renovations after TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrix
    Find a good idea from other thread, for the WW owners we can combine to get cheap deals from buying home appliances to renovations after TOP.
    ahaha pls lah ...

anyway there are alot of shops in the heartland area who give really good prices..better than carrefour or Best denki

yes i would think so ... sound travels up as it spreads out .. so by the time it reaches me .. it also travel up, above and over my house .so that distant probably is crucial ...

but i was at Valley park last week ..on a second floor unit ... strangely i didnt hear the traffic at all ...considering Valley park is by the very heavy traffic river valley road ..
    yes, sound travels upward, but the maximum amplitude is not at the high floor, it's some where in the mid-floor with relative to the distance from noise source... there's research done by LTA, can go search if interested... cheers!

anybody has fri/relatives live in the HDB near WW? how do they feel the noise from PIE after living a long time there?is the noise endurable?
    1 word
    noisy

have bought a unit at stack 26, how many ppl here also buy at the same stack? how do you feel abt the noise from PIE? i went down there last Sat and went up to nearby HDB n found the noise from PIE is really lousy,didnt think of it when i purchase
    congrats lyrix. We have one more neighbour to join our TOP crazy BBQ party.

Stack 26 has nice greenery view from the town park. No worries abt the noise. I have relatives staying just next to ECP...Lagoon View, Cote D'Azur, Costa Del Sol, etc...visited them and i find the noise from the expressway is quite bearable. Maybe i'm already get used to the bus noise just in front of my current house. To me. the noise from the bus is more disturbing than the continuous moving cars from expressway....bus makes more noise when they moved off from the bus-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    congrats lyrix. We have one more neighbour to join our TOP crazy BBQ party.

Stack 26 has nice greenery view from the town park. No worries abt the noise. I have relatives staying just next to ECP...Lagoon View, Cote D'Azur, Costa Del Sol, etc...visited them and i find the noise from the expressway is quite bearable. Maybe i'm already get used to the bus noise just in front of my current house. To me. the noise from the bus is more disturbing than the continuous moving cars from expressway....bus makes more noise when they moved off from the bus-stop.
    yoyo, one more new member... but long time didn't see cyl...

I also visited Terris Tower, The Arte, The Infinity, etc, that are less than 50m from the expressway, those are called noisy... surprisingly, when the window is shut, don't really hear noise from inside the bedroom of the Infiniti...

I think those who paid an average of $1.3Mil for the reservior facing unit, they dont mind to turn on the aircon 24 hours... if you own a lambo, you will not worry about price of ERP or gasoline...?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    yoyo, one more new member... but long time didn't see cyl...

I also visited Terris Tower, The Arte, The Infinity, etc, that are less than 50m from the expressway, those are called noisy... surprisingly, when the window is shut, don't really hear noise from inside the bedroom of the Infiniti...

I think those who paid an average of $1.3Mil for the reservior facing unit, they dont mind to turn on the aircon 24 hours... if you own a lambo, you will not worry about price of ERP or gasoline...?!?!
    Yeah Yeah....

PIE noise is nothing compared to my Paya Lebar airbase when all the planes take off every morning and night...

So lets stop this thing about PIE very noisy, your side is better than...my side is better than yours..

You are right...

We go staright to the disti. Once we are nearer to the TOP date, I'll arrange for the disti to meet us and show us a few models to choose from. Then we can do a bulk purchase.

Save on delivery and installation.

Quote Originally Posted by cheahsg
    Yeah Yeah....

PIE noise is nothing compared to my Paya Lebar airbase when all the planes take off every morning and night...

So lets stop this thing about PIE very noisy, your side is better than...my side is better than yours..
    The point is that:

1. If all the people know about the PIE noise, develper would have to price the units facing the PIE even lower. They are clever to position the showflat very far from the PIE so that you do not realize the noise.

2. When you are trying to resell your condo in the future, unfortunately, people who view your condo is going to realize the noise from PIE

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    The point is that:

1. If all the people know about the PIE noise, develper would have to price the units facing the PIE even lower. They are clever to position the showflat very far from the PIE so that you do not realize the noise.

2. When you are trying to resell your condo in the future, unfortunately, people who view your condo is going to realize the noise from PIE
    Don't agree with that leh. All units for sure can sell depend on the price.

The point is that:

Bro, does it matter to you?...

Quote Originally Posted by danllf
    Don't agree with that leh. All units for sure can sell depend on the price.
    danllf, you have any unit at WFW?

The point is that:

Alamak, what PIE, CTE, ERP, ITE, Kiap chai chao lo di...Why worry so much....

Haven't even TOP, think of make money...sigh... typical kiasuism in S

Tomorrow don't know what will happen.

Buyers of WFW. Don't think too much since bought.

Look forward and enjoy BRE (Bedok Reservoir Escape). The place getting lively day by day...I just witness a dragon boat race couple weeks back.

Good night, sleep well....

Default Mortgage Insurance

Hi guys,

My OCBC banker highly recommend their mortgage insurance to us. It costs around $1100 per person for joint policy, and around $700 for single policy. That's your take? Did you buy? I was strongly encouraged to buy the mortgage insurance in case anything happens to one party.

The point is that:

Frankly i don't think the units facing PIE is that bad as its quite a distance away there is a park in between and there are alot of trees at the park which i guess also filter away some of the noise....also the PIE facing the park is almost at ground floor level if u compare those along ECP which is higher i think the noise for those condos along ECP will be even worse.....

Anyway there is nothing perfect in this world...you bear some noise but got nice unblock greenery view or you want to be sandwiched among blocks of HDB flats, very quiet but open windows can see your neighbours

Hi Noblebaby and Ken,

I have not disappeared into thin air. Have been visiting this thread every now and then but i refuse to post any comments.

Reason?

I feel that a forum is a place for people to exchange useful informations and ideas, discuss about constructive matters pertaining to in this case, Waterfront waves. Matters like good home loans, good schools, good reno deals, etc...

This one particular person jitkiat , no need to be bitchy about Waterfront waves. This is a home where many people here have bought and have come to love dearly. Cannot compare an apple to a pear and one man's meat is another man's poison. I am not defending this project but please... Every project has its flaws and beauties so stop trying to implant your ideas into others.

As for lyrix, WELCOME TO THE WATERFRONT WAVES FAMILY!!!! We will be having an awesomely crazy party once TOP. So excited about it!

A side note, I am going to start my first installment this coming June. Woah!!! For me as a first time home owner, its a big milestone. Plus i think i am the youngest here. Hehehe...

I was thinking, how about we start a facebook account to better track the owners of Waterfront waves?

Hi Waterfront owners,
    Hope to join your discussion. I am also a WFW owner. Been reading for quite some time, but had not been posting at all..

If you are going to have a facebook account, do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by cyl
    Hi Noblebaby and Ken,

I have not disappeared into thin air. Have been visiting this thread every now and then but i refuse to post any comments.

Reason?

I feel that a forum is a place for people to exchange useful informations and ideas, discuss about constructive matters pertaining to in this case, Waterfront waves. Matters like good home loans, good schools, good reno deals, etc...

This one particular person jitkiat , no need to be bitchy about Waterfront waves. This is a home where many people here have bought and have come to love dearly. Cannot compare an apple to a pear and one man's meat is another man's poison. I am not defending this project but please... Every project has its flaws and beauties so stop trying to implant your ideas into others.

As for lyrix, WELCOME TO THE WATERFRONT WAVES FAMILY!!!! We will be having an awesomely crazy party once TOP. So excited about it!

A side note, I am going to start my first installment this coming June. Woah!!! For me as a first time home owner, its a big milestone. Plus i think i am the youngest here. Hehehe...

I was thinking, how about we start a facebook account to better track the owners of Waterfront waves?

I do agree with you.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by icy
    Hi Waterfront owners,
    Hope to join your discussion. I am also a WFW owner. Been reading for quite some time, but had not been posting at all..

If you are going to have a facebook account, do let me know.
    Welcome icy, which stack you bought?

Let me count...

1kcirdenk - 16
    Cheahsg - 25
    Cyl - 3
    Hippopo - 26
    Ken - 3
    Lyrix - 26
    Noblebaby - 25
    Pang - 23
    Sunny - 9
    Water Lover - 21

icy - ?

Who is still missing in the list, pls. add.

Welcome icy, which stack you bought?
    stack 20. For big family with inlaws, kid sister and my kid.

Anyone same stack as me?
    Last edited by icy; 12-05-09 at 00:13.

WFW Crazy Club Members:

1kcirdenk - 16
    Cheahsg - 25
    Cyl - 3
    Hippopo - 26
    Icy - 20
    Ken - 3
    Lyrix - 26
    Noblebaby - 25
    Pang - 23
    Sunny - 9
    Water Lover - 21

$1.1k/per year??? Expensive man...

Quote Originally Posted by hippopo
    Hi guys,

My OCBC banker highly recommend their mortgage insurance to us. It costs around $1100 per person for joint policy, and around $700 for single policy. That's your take? Did you buy? I was strongly encouraged to buy the mortgage insurance in case anything happens to one party.

danllf, you have any unit at WFW?
    Very high chances

Quote Originally Posted by danllf
    Very high chances
    which stack are you looking at?