Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324293439 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by Congress
    Heard from radio that UE is having lucky draws for "八河苑". Anyone went to sf this weekend? Wonder how is the sale.
    Heard from an agent that they are giving out $8888 Ang pao and moon cakes at the showflat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    Heard from an agent that they are giving out $8888 Ang pao and moon cakes at the showflat!!!
    maybe sale slow , so made it more attractive , cause loh so new condo launching end month .

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    ERL and the new integrated bus + MRT depot
    Spoil my house/env ambience

62 sold in sept
    365 in total
    505 to go
    42pct sold

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    62 sold in sept
    365 in total
    505 to go
    42pct sold
    wow thats a lot more to go. Why arent ppl buying this?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    wow thats a lot more to go. Why arent ppl buying this?
    The cramp layout makes me feel that it is an apartment rather than a condo. The heavy traffic and high psf are not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The cramp layout makes me feel that it is an apartment rather than a condo. The heavy traffic and high psf are not helpful.
    This is a high rise city style condo, of course one can choose to buy d16 and Kovan for the same psf.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    but its in the city fringe. places like eco and kovan are selling the same psf if not higher!

The sky garden is appealing. Can bbq there.

Most ppl talk abt Bartley Residence, this is almost forgotten. Prices quite similar. Guess once BR selling out soon, some will start to look at 8 River.

Is 8RS in RCR? Or still OCR?

8RS is one of the most underated condos in the market right now. It deserves to be be sold out by now considering that is what is happening to almost similarly priced condos further away and less conveniently located. 8RS will be more easy to rent out at better yield than Kovan Regency.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    8RS is one of the most underated condos in the market right now. It deserves to be be sold out by now considering that is what is happening to almost similarly priced condos further away and less conveniently located. 8RS will be more easy to rent out at better yield than Kovan Regency.
    But if you look at the traffic there. Really CMI.

Also: Not near any malls. No good school. Not exactly near MRT. Surrounding by old HDB..

But overall location is good.

Agree that the traffic can be quite bad but that's the price to pay for city fringe.

It's around 300m to MRT which to me is already quite close and it has a food centre, town centre, sheng siong, ntuc, banks etc all within walking distance and only 3 stops to town.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    But if you look at the traffic there. Really CMI.

Also: Not near any malls. No good school. Not exactly near MRT. Surrounding by old HDB..

But overall location is good.

this is a good project. reason why not yet sold out because there are so many units! about 800 units?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    this is a good project. reason why not yet sold out because there are so many units! about 800 units?
    I seriously think this project is becoming underpriced now. Just consider the latest tanah merah site with a break even of 1200 psf and expected selling price of 1400 psf, 8RS will be a steal!

If this is a smaller project, it is already near sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Not exactly near MRT..
    What? Did I read correctly? 300m is not near?

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    good morning

noticed the project is granted

BCA green mark Gold
    ABC Water program

these add value to the project? it means better living environment? ESP green mark gold?
    To achieve green mark gold, engineer and architect need to do an energy modeling of the building to ensure min heat gain. For this project, if look at the floor plan and 3D model, balconies are staggered at different floor, facade is effectively shaded by balconies and min west sun goes into rooms. A green mark gold project also need to score high point for daylighting and good natural ventilation. The unblocked design of this project definitely will have good natural ventilation and daylighting.

This project will be boosted if PUB decided to beautify the river and landscape in front. It is a matter of time all rivers will be beautified, but now PUB's main focus is to resolve flood issues. Drainage widening work will be priority.

How many % sold?

About 40% sold.
    This is BCA green mark Gold. Developer has paid a price to achieve that. I am not surprised their profits margin are lower than Feo (Eco) looking at the prices they are selling. This is a steal if you look at current Tenah Merah site won by Keppel land! Or other places that are RCR.

Understand it is a large project. Sales is rather slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    About 40% sold.
    This is BCA green mark Gold. Developer has paid a price to achieve that. I am not surprised their profits margin are lower than Feo (Eco) looking at the prices they are selling. This is a steal if you look at current Tenah Merah site won by Keppel land! Or other places that are RCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    About 40% sold.
    Why do you say developer has paid a price to achieve BCA Green Mark Gold? Should be quite common to achieve Gold these days... believe eCO is at least a GoldPlus? Other recent examples, e.g. Kovan Regency should be a GoldPlus too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Why do you say developer has paid a price to achieve BCA Green Mark Gold? Should be quite common to achieve Gold these days... believe eCO is at least a GoldPlus? Other recent examples, e.g. Kovan Regency should be a GoldPlus too.
    According to industry norm, premium for green mark platinum is 8% of project cost and premium for green mark gold and gold plus is about 4%. This is upfront capital spent, building owner/resident save from energy and water usage in the long run.

BCA only asks for green mark certified as minimum requirement for new development.

intended to vest on the DK unit here. Any sifu can advise what is the pros and cons ?

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Congress
    According to industry norm, premium for green mark platinum is 8% of project cost and premium for green mark gold and gold plus is about 4%. This is upfront capital spent, building owner/resident save from energy and water usage in the long run.

BCA only asks for green mark certified as minimum requirement for new development.
    The premium looks high, imagine for a million dollar unit the premium is $40k, you need to save $4/day to break even in 27 years.

What makes up the difference between 8% and 4% premiums? CFD Wind tunnel simulation?
    Last edited by Kanarazu; 21-10-12 at 20:06.

There is no space for a washing machine and dryer in that "studio" part of the dual key....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    There is no space for a washing machine and dryer in that "studio" part of the dual key....
    Worst case place the washer where the fridge is and get a bar fridge put on top of washer. Piping goes into the sink. James Bond won't like it shaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Worst case place the washer where the fridge is and get a bar fridge put on top of washer. Piping goes into the sink. James Bond won't like it shaken.
    agreed. the dk unit is not practical to rent out the studio part because no extra door access to the main unit, so need to build a door entrance if were to rent out the studio.

also the main open kitchen may not be practical for me, so planning also to use glass as partition it enclose with glass sliding door.

i m planning for own stay. looking at 3 bedder and DK, loose something but gain on other etc. bigger balcony for yard usage, 2 master rm and one small rm instead of one master and 2 small rm. and also 2 kitchens but no utility rm no yard.

actually i m thinking for storage, i can modify the small kitchen into one row of cabinet.

not sure if my opinion is practical here? yr view? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    not sure if the all in one washer cu dryer can fit in the cabinet under the stove?

very nice 2mbr concept.. privacy and good to stay with parents/inlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by cheangeric
    agreed. the dk unit is not practical to rent out the studio part because no extra door access to the main unit, so need to build a door entrance if were to rent out the studio.

also the main open kitchen may not be practical for me, so planning also to use glass as partition it enclose with glass sliding door.

i m planning for own stay. looking at 3 bedder and DK, loose something but gain on other etc. bigger balcony for yard usage, 2 master rm and one small rm instead of one master and 2 small rm. and also 2 kitchens but no utility rm no yard.

actually i m thinking for storage, i can modify the small kitchen into one row of cabinet.

not sure if my opinion is practical here? yr view? thanks