Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491419242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

About west sun
    I was there several times between 3-430pm
    There is no west sun for ALL units
    Sun hit the side wall and not into windows

Quote Originally Posted by Clim1688
    About west sun
    I was there several times between 3-430pm
    There is no west sun for ALL units
    Sun hit the side wall and not into windows
    Thanks. I went to see eight riversuites a couple of days back. Nice project.. a bit crowded but i feel the area has a lot of potential for redevelopment and upgrading.

I also walked around the bendemeer area.. looking at the adjacent plot of land. its a huge piece of land if u minus the terrace houses and shophouses. cant wait to see what it will be developed into. also, i had too much time so i walked through the one-room hdbs hahaha.. surely these hdbs will be slowly phased out and torn down sooner or later. They do not have a place in city fringe land i think. big market/ hawker and open air "mall". Bendemeer has potential for growth...

If koon keng MRT area, where 8 riversuites is located has great potential for growth. Kallang Riverside area where Citylights, Southbank and riverine by the park are located have even greater potential. Is it better to buy 8 riversuites or citylights?

Thumbs up

Another terrace house sold.

EIGHT RIVERSUITES WHAMPOA EAST Terrace House 12 RCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 2,932,700 2,960 Strata - 991 Jul-13

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78
    If koon keng MRT area, where 8 riversuites is located has great potential for growth. Kallang Riverside area where Citylights, Southbank and riverine by the park are located have even greater potential. Is it better to buy 8 riversuites or citylights?
    I think the diff in the 2 regions is the growth potential in Kallang riverside has been priced in, but the price in the boon keng / whampoa area is still undervalued relative to surrounding areas. Given sufficient time, it will play catch up with the other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    I think the diff in the 2 regions is the growth potential in Kallang riverside has been priced in, but the price in the boon keng / whampoa area is still undervalued relative to surrounding areas. Given sufficient time, it will play catch up with the other areas.
    Exactly my sentiments. Citylights, south bank and riverine are amazing projects. Don't get me wrong. But it's too late now. I've missed the boat for those 3. Kallang riverside has already been priced in. So bendemeer/ whampoa is next up. It's a gamble.

URA SALES IN JULY

EIGHT RIVERSUITESWHAMPOA EASTUE Development (Bendemeer) Pte LtdStrata-Landed / Non-LandedRCR8628625573050131,276 991 1,529
    Last edited by Noexit; 15-08-13 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit
    URA SALES IN JULY

EIGHT RIVERSUITESWHAMPOA EASTUE Development (Bendemeer) Pte LtdStrata-Landed / Non-LandedRCR8628625573050131,276 991 1,529
    65% sold to date.

understand from a friend that 2 Sundays ago, 8 Riversuites had an ad giving away $5,000 voucher (home furnishing???)

interestingly, it said something like Phase 2 Final Release
    all stacks were released...so what is UN-release?

Quote Originally Posted by cn2886
    understand from a friend that 2 Sundays ago, 8 Riversuites had an ad giving away $5,000 voucher (home furnishing???)

interestingly, it said something like Phase 2 Final Release
    all stacks were released...so what is UN-release?
    Lol I'm not sure it said phase 2 release/ unreleased or whatever. But the $5000 voucher is true. It see that while sales are slow, it is steady. They are moving a decent number of units per week.

Anyone been asked for next payment yet?
    I thought when piling is completed we need to pay the next 20%?
    So far I only paid the first 5% at booking and 15% for exercising option and nothing else

Anyone been asked for next payment yet?
    I thought when piling is completed we need to pay the next 20%?
    So far I only paid the first 5% at booking and 15% for exercising option and nothing else
    Update on the site diagonally opposite eight riversuites that is apparently being cleared out:

A friend of mine recently spoke to one of the shophouse owners across the road from eight riversuites. he said that the row of shophouses has been re-acquired by the government. it has not been enbloc-ed. the government will be releasing the land for tender (together with the empty land currently/ land of the terrace houses) some time, not sure when. plot ratio 3.5, same as eight riversuites.

any new insights/ ideas with this piece of news? im actually a very young wannabe investor so i would appreciate any input u gurus may have to share!! TIA.

It simply means likely that the new project will be seeing higher bids and sale prices thus having a pull up effect on 8rs. If u want some paper profit u can get 8rs now.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24
    Update on the site diagonally opposite eight riversuites that is apparently being cleared out:

A friend of mine recently spoke to one of the shophouse owners across the road from eight riversuites. he said that the row of shophouses has been re-acquired by the government. it has not been enbloc-ed. the government will be releasing the land for tender (together with the empty land currently/ land of the terrace houses) some time, not sure when. plot ratio 3.5, same as eight riversuites.

any new insights/ ideas with this piece of news? im actually a very young wannabe investor so i would appreciate any input u gurus may have to share!! TIA.
    Can buy small unit. Make good use of e lull. Bidadari will rejuvenate e area.

This to mean all the surrounding project will benefit from the price of this new piece of land best will have some change over look ard this estate

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    It simply means likely that the new project will be seeing higher bids and sale prices thus having a pull up effect on 8rs. If u want some paper profit u can get 8rs now.

could it be a plot for EC?

Quote Originally Posted by kepah
    could it be a plot for EC?
    Doubt so - EC are not usually located at city fringe or super near to MRT like this one

Whatever it is.. Bendemeer area and 8RS will benefit from the rejuvenation

Doubt so - EC are not usually located at city fringe or super near to MRT like this one

Whatever it is.. Bendemeer area and 8RS will benefit from the rejuvenation
    Hope it is a mixed development site with some commercial component. A mini mall will do wonders to the area

Hope it is a mixed development site with some commercial component. A mini mall will do wonders to the area
    Yes it will. but now that potong pasir will be having a mall, is it likely for boon keng which is one stop away to also have a mall? i would think having a supermarket, like NTUC or something, would be good enough. all boon keng lacks (in terms of amenities) now is a supermarket - it has everything else.

Yes it will. but now that potong pasir will be having a mall, is it likely for boon keng which is one stop away to also have a mall? i would think having a supermarket, like NTUC or something, would be good enough. all boon keng lacks (in terms of amenities) now is a supermarket - it has everything else.
    There is Sheng Siong...

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    There is Sheng Siong...
    There is? whereabouts?

There is? whereabouts?
    108 Mcnair Road.
    If u walk along the park connector u will see it. Its not very far.
    Just behind the new hdb under construction.

108 Mcnair Road.
    If u walk along the park connector u will see it. Its not very far.
    Just behind the new hdb under construction.
    Oh i see. thanks.
    yes its just behind McNair Towers, the new BTO HDB being built at the moment. i havent been around there, is the shengsiong big? Still i think bendemeer would very much benefit from a shopping mall of some sort on the piece of empty land.
    currently, with its mrt, hawker centre, market, banks, fast food outlets, bus stops... the only thing lacking is a mall.

Oh i see. thanks.
    yes its just behind McNair Towers, the new BTO HDB being built at the moment. i havent been around there, is the shengsiong big? Still i think bendemeer would very much benefit from a shopping mall of some sort on the piece of empty land.
    currently, with its mrt, hawker centre, market, banks, fast food outlets, bus stops... the only thing lacking is a mall.
    Its at the void deck type. About 4-5 shopfronts I think. All basic necessities can be found there.

Its at the void deck type. About 4-5 shopfronts I think. All basic necessities can be found there.
    With new developments like 8RS, regent residences and this new site coming up, the demand for basic amenities will rise and existing ones will not be sufficient. Keeping fingers crossed that the new site will allow mixed uses including commercial to cater to rising demand. N

With new developments like 8RS, regent residences and this new site coming up, the demand for basic amenities will rise and existing ones will not be sufficient. Keeping fingers crossed that the new site will allow mixed uses including commercial to cater to rising demand. N
    Start writing to MP and complaining not enough amenities, maybe the new site will be mixed development, loh.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    Start writing to MP and complaining not enough amenities, maybe the new site will be mixed development, loh.
    I think the empty plot of land at Boon Keng MRT station exit/entrance infront of blk 6 HDB flat (boon keng road) is a better location for a small mall. It is nearer to the MRT station

Quote Originally Posted by betterman1234
    I think the empty plot of land at Boon Keng MRT station exit/entrance infront of blk 6 HDB flat (boon keng road) is a better location for a small mall. It is nearer to the MRT station
    I dont think it really matters whether its at the location u mentioned or at this empty plot of land. whatever it is, wherever it may be, as long as there is a new mall in the boon keng mrt vicinity, it will do this area good.

sorry whats this land in front of blk 6 hdb currently being used for? is it a carpark? i cannot recall...

I dont think it really matters whether its at the location u mentioned or at this empty plot of land. whatever it is, wherever it may be, as long as there is a new mall in the boon keng mrt vicinity, it will do this area good.

sorry whats this land in front of blk 6 hdb currently being used for? is it a carpark? i cannot recall...
    it is a big empty plot of land right across kwong Wai Shiu hospital & Nursing Home

Quote Originally Posted by betterman1234
    it is a big empty plot of land right across kwong Wai Shiu hospital & Nursing Home
    I see.. i guess a mixed development with a shopping mall at the current shophouses diagonal from eight riversuites will make more sense as it is closer to the HDB/ condo estate. That plot of land u are referring to seems more on the edge of the residential area.