Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 46515661667172737475767778798081869196101106 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 4428

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Reflection is going to continue to reflect.
    Not exactly a central location and the views are not superb to command the current selling price....maybe it just my opinion...
    "How to make a fool useful for your properties? Let him continue to blow up Jurong prices and all other areas will keep up"

But somehow, reflection seems to be the only development next to the sea and can have evening walk on the boardwalk. Very romantic. And looking at the yachts...wow.

It is iconic. Compared with coral, why coral can command above $2k psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    But somehow, reflection seems to be the only development next to the sea and can have evening walk on the boardwalk. Very romantic. And looking at the yachts...wow.

It is iconic. Compared with coral, why coral can command above $2k psf?
    Maybe corals nearer to mrt, vivo and maybe better view and nearer to the sea

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Who want to buy such big units with ABSD?
    Now everybody knows big units little sale market because of ABSD,
    little market because most expats allowance have shrunk!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    wanted to post this a month ago but the forum kept going down.

sentosa fire sales, the 2 units which were bought at the peak in 2007 for >7m are now being put up for mortgagee sale at 4m negotiable (-43%):

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-turquoise

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-turquoise

anyone can help? 1440psf NEGOTIABLE!

Wah! Property price has crashed!!!
    Who said property price won't crash?!

an example of how you can bargain down on a mortgagee sale:

reflections #16-82 (1292 sq ft) was put up for mortgagee sale for quite awhile with no takers.

bought 22 Aug 2011 2222psf
    sold 7 Jul 2014 1522psf

>30% off purchase price and the seller still has to pay SSD!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Wah! Property price has crashed!!!
    Who said property price won't crash?!

Don't worry, the government will not sit idle when the market crashes left and right. They will remove all the cooling measures before we know it.

Frankly speaking, history tells us that they will fail again!

The fact is, they have done that before, allowing developers to introduce all the "heating up" measures and easy loan policies like deferred payment schemes, cash-backs, cash-vouchers and even lucky draw is a Mercedes Benz etc and it still takes more than 7 years for property prices to start to recover (e.g. 1998 to 2005)!

The only difference this time is that the property crash is caused by govt's cooling measures, while previously it was caused by gloabal economic crisis (not the fault of govt)........

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    Don't worry, the government will not sit idle when the market crashes left and right. They will remove all the cooling measures before we know it.

Who want to buy such big units with ABSD?
    Now everybody knows big units little sale market because of ABSD,
    little market because most expats allowance have shrunk!
    its already a strong sign, when nobody wants it time to buy buy buy : )

too bad I dont have this kind of money...: (

Too bad most people don't want to pay ABSD because after you add ABSD actually still not cheap!
    Price will need to go down another 15% to cover the ABSD to be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    its already a strong sign, when nobody wants it time to buy buy buy : )

too bad I dont have this kind of money...: (

Frankly speaking, history tells us that they will fail again!

The fact is, they have done that before, allowing developers to introduce all the "heating up" measures
    During those times, gov had helped many people richer, especially property agents and developers, and had created so many millionaires; these people should learn to thank gov at least. Nowadays, gratitude anymore?
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Quote Originally Posted by walkthetiger View Post
    During those times, gov had helped many people richer, especially property agents and developers, and had created so many millionaires; these people should learn to thank gov at least. Nowadays, gratitude anymore?
    these people prospered, so did the gov.
    but the minute the gov create an artificial correction i think these people will show their displeasure at the ballot box... what gratitude? lol

I understand 饮水思源。though im not rich, im still grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    these people prospered, so did the gov.
    but the minute the gov create an artificial correction i think these people will show their displeasure at the ballot box... what gratitude? lol
    Good point.. "if people prospered, so did the gov"... If money is everything, then why they implement something which reduce their earning?
    ... the gov understands what is a long or short term benefit, gov still cares for its people.
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Implement something to reduce its earnings? Not like it when they implemented ABSD that increases their earnings and disadvantage the desperate property sellers who need to sell their properties to cash out because of TDSR (another of their creation!)!

Quote Originally Posted by walkthetiger View Post
    Good point.. "if people prospered, so did the gov"... If money is everything, then why they implement something which reduce their earning?
    ... the gov understands what is a long or short term benefit, gov still cares for its people.

Implement something to reduce its earnings? Not like it when they implemented ABSD that increases their earnings and disadvantage the desperate property sellers who need to sell their properties to cash out because of TDSR (another of their creation!)!
    LOL.. TDSR how is that going to impact existing owners? unless u decide u want to keep repricing ur loan? I don't see who that disadvantage the existing owners except prevent the existing owners from asking even higher prices and getting more greedy.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Like that from now on, only people who are rich and has rich parents will be able to buy additional investment.

So the circle of rich people with more than 1 properties will be an exclusive club

Quote Originally Posted by relax88 View Post
    Like that from now on, only people who are rich and has rich parents will be able to buy additional investment.

So the circle of rich people with more than 1 properties will be an exclusive club
    Yes! Let's aspire and join this exclusive club : )

We all know that TDSR stopped many leveraged property owners from refinancing, stuck with higher interest loans that they can't get out, and when they want to sell, they have few buyers because buyers who have the $$$ don't want to pay ABSD unless sellers absorb that 15% ABSD.... These people have been hit hard by ABSD+TDSR is a undeniable fact..........

Never mind, then you see developers giving ABSD rebates to buyers who need to pay ABSD, is like helping those buyers on ABSD-evasion......
    Tax evasion not OK, ABSD-evasion OK? Then what is the point of implementing ABSD?

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    LOL.. TDSR how is that going to impact existing owners? unless u decide u want to keep repricing ur loan? I don't see who that disadvantage the existing owners except prevent the existing owners from asking even higher prices and getting more greedy.

First the World need to stop printing money, which none can stop.

With money printing, the value of money become lesser.

Anywhere in the World have zero inflation?

Anyone who working is willing to get less pay?

Can Singapore grow it land?

We all know that TDSR stopped many leveraged property owners from refinancing, stuck with higher interest loans that they can't get out, and when they want to sell, they have few buyers because buyers who have the $$$ don't want to pay ABSD unless sellers absorb that 15% ABSD.... These people have been hit hard by ABSD+TDSR is a undeniable fact..........

Never mind, then you see developers giving ABSD rebates to buyers who need to pay ABSD, is like helping those buyers on ABSD-evasion......
    Tax evasion not OK, ABSD-evasion OK? Then what is the point of implementing ABSD?
    Getting desperate, Teddy? You have my sympathy.

Yes, I am getting desperate for more property cooling measures to buy CHEAP CHEAP since my non-property asset is growing too fast and I want to diversify from my cash holdings...........

Property price quick CRASH!

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    Getting desperate, Teddy? You have my sympathy.

Ok it will crash soon, but first you must wait for Durian to drop.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 28-07-14 at 22:48.

do u or anyone else have a chart which shows the CCR completions over the same few years? i remembered seeing one many years back but could not find it any more. i do not know the exact statistics for CCR, but my feel is that the 2014 to 2018 supply in pipeline is more flattish than the total one which shows spikes in 2015 and 2016.

the request for a ccr chart is becoz teddy is beo-ing ccr ppties. and also becoz this thread is about ccr.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

Backup with more facts from others that shows that Singaporean property owners have been squeezed by TDSR and ABSD:

Q. The number of mortgagee sales at property auctions in the first quarter has surged compared with last year. Do you see that as an important sign for the slowdown of the property market?

A. For Knight Frank, the total number of properties put up for auction has risen by 12.1 percent year-on-year. Majority of them are residential properties, followed by industrial properties and shops or shophouses.

The data shows an upward trend of landed properties being put up for auction. Their relatively higher value has made it increasingly difficult for landed homeowners to service their mortgage payments, especially after the introduction of the Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) framework.

In fact, the number of mortgagee sales has increased 33 percent in the first half of this year. The volume of properties successfully sold under auction has also increased 66.7 percent year-on-year in Q2 2014.

In particular, the higher success rate of properties sold under owner’s sale implies that owners are now more realistic in their asking prices to meet the reduced budget of potential buyers.

Q. Lastly, how do you see the future of the property auction market for the rest of the year?

A. Under the property cooling measures and the TDSR framework, more properties are expected to be put up for auction for mortgagee sale in 2H2014.

In view of a prevailing buyers’ market, genuine sellers keen to dispose their properties should adopt a more realistic pricing strategy as potential buyers waiting on the sidelines are anticipating more price moderations.

do u or anyone else have a chart which shows the CCR completions over the same few years? i remembered seeing one many years back but could not find it any more. i do not know the exact statistics for CCR, but my feel is that the 2014 to 2018 supply in pipeline is more flattish than the total one which shows spikes in 2015 and 2016.

the request for a ccr chart is becoz teddy is beo-ing ccr ppties. and also becoz this thread is about ccr.
    Not sure if there is such a chart out there for CCR, but i do agree with you that CCR is almost flat throughout 2014 to 2018. In fact, there are not much units coming on.

Just my wild guess, the next batch of residential planning in CCR will come after the Tanjong Pagar port is relocated.

Those bought into developments such as Marina one, Capitol residences, South Beach, Duo, Guccoland tower, will look to divest once the newer upscale area in Tanjong Pagar port is planned. That's about 10-15 years away, just nice for those 99 years developments mentioned... Those holding onto The Sail and etc, are already divesting to the upcoming developments. They are passing the musical chair and see who warms the seat last.

Anyway, the above is only my wishful thinking
    "How to make a fool useful for your properties? Let him continue to blow up Jurong prices and all other areas will keep up"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnw4vqegci...6572035754.PDF

thanks bro! so the CCR TOP party is right now and peaks next year.

So, please don't buy CCR! [Don't come to fight with me for good unit.........]

thanks bro! so the CCR TOP party is right now and peaks next year.

BIG UNIT..........1 bedders also kenna

1st loss recorded at Altez

#15-01 603 sq ft

Bought 12 Mar 2010 1815psf
    Sold 15 Jul 2014 1792psf