Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 381318192021222324252627283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    http://nc.kohbrothers.com/project-sc...e-architecture

Parc Olympia is expected to be completed by Q1 2015. I'm seriously quite disappointed with the progress of Hedges Park given that PO started construction almost a year after HP.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...CDL_AR2013.pdf

Latest CDL annual report shows HP is 56% complete as of 31 Dec and completion date is still 2014 - page 76.

Slow!
    Thanks for sharing, i thought it would be very fast after the blocks are up, coz it seems the remaining works are only interior and landscaping, how come only 56% completed,really can not believe it

not enough construction workers due to curb for less Foreign workforce to be in singapore. Unless you guys prefer the developer rush the work or maybe some construction worker over work tired and die in accident on site. Then just have to live with this.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    not enough construction workers due to curb for less Foreign workforce to be in singapore. Unless you guys prefer the developer rush the work or maybe some construction worker over work tired and die in accident on site. Then just have to live with this.
    Doesn't seem to be the case for PO which is right opposite. My comments are based on relativity of the other projects I observe.

I drive past Urban Vista almost everyday and construction is now easily more than 6 floors.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Any way that we can get in touch with the developer or project manager in-charge to find out if the construction is on schedule?

By the look of it, I'm also doubtful if it can be ready by Dec this year.

Why is this project so slow???

Probably because Koh Brothers being a smaller co wants to complete Parc Olympia asap so that they can collect $$ for cashflow purposes

CDL has no need for that hence they can take their time

i think CDL is busy rushing many projects such as The Palette, D'Nest, H20 Residences etc as well, and so everything also slow down!

Maybe its not HP's progress slow, but PO's progress fast? coz some projects who were launched near HP's period have pretty much the same progress as HP, such as watercolours and waterfront isle

Frankly speaking, I am pretty disappointed in the progress. Granted, the CSC is June 15 but I have been hearing from different sources that it is not uncommon for TOP to be 6-12 months ahead.

Certainly Jun 14 TOP is out. My optimistic hope for Q4/Oct is unlikely. I think it is more likely to be 15Q1 or even until the last weeks before CSC. I guess this probably put the project as one o the slower building one.

Some people were saying that they needed more time as they needed to excavate the hedge. But the hedge was formed so long ago. The progress since then is IMO slow. I wonder if they diverted resources to inFlora? The foundation of inFlora was already well into progress when they launched unlike HPC that was not even started at the same marketing phase.

Other than the progress, I am puzzled by the way the blocks/units are being built. It just don't quite seem to make sense.

1. Paintwork started for some blocks but not others? If the paintwork is for visualising/testing why are they like spread all over the development instead of concentrated on a few close blocks?

2. Use of wood to plaster over the ledge? Is this permanent or temporary? If it is wood then how can it withstand the elements? Would there be problems with maintenance? See this sample photo. The smooth ledge with basepaint is in fact wood. The same floor towards the right and the floor below is still raw rough cement.

3. "Patchy" completion? See this sample photo, look at the top level wall. Why is the section of red bricks left exposed like that? There are some blocks that is actually not as "neat" as this. Imagine a wall and in the middle of the wall there's a circular patch exposing the red bricks. Why? I don't see this in other developments?

Somehow the general neatness of the construction is not there. The covers were of different colours/shades and not well covered compared to say PO or other developments. Other developments they used a single consistent coloured i.e blue cover and they are well covered without holes flaps, etc. It just look neat unlike HPC.

Then the unused/discarded materials are not as well laid out, and are often seen laid at different places or just not well lined. The overall tidiness of the site is also bad. This is a good example. It looks so untidy. Hazardous working environment? I think a neat workplace foster good habits and is linked to good quality output. An untidy environment similarly encourages sloppy work.

Whenever I go past a BUC, I always try to observe how they set up the scaffold, how their buildings look in the raw cement form, the uniformity of progress, etc.

I must say PO/Koh Brothers gave me a good impression. Neat, systematic, etc. Probably the neatest site I've seen. Maybe Japanese style of construction and/or techniques?

In any case, still holding on the whatever remaining hopes I have for TOP this year. I hope that the site would be cleared of the debris and all with the structure of the roads, etc. formed by end of June. Maybe start calling for next 5$ internal wiring, plumbing, etc. end-May?

I place order for my mattress couple weeks back. And the last 2 weeks I had been looking out for my dining table. I'm just so waiting for TOP to come. *fingers crossed*

i went past the development just now. i agree that the sequence of construction seems quite random. from the noise it seems lots of work is on the internal of the blocks. from what i understand, work on different aspects are concurrent. E.g. the internal carpentry is done by subcontract, which is done even as the common areas are done up. so different teams of workers move in and out of the site to do subcontract work, while a core team of workers remain on site for main contract work. hence it's hard to know actual progress.

actually i don't think parc olympia is fast enough to TOP by end of 1st quarter 2015? out of their 8 blocks, only half are reaching top floors, whereas the remaining 4 blocks are at around 2nd floor only. communal spaces are not up too. compare this with hedges park:

1) all blocks up; all external windows and sliding doors up; some RANDOM paint and glass balconies up (lol)
    2) beach pool up; waiting for pebble wash flooring, treasure island, flying fox etc. to be done.
    3) lift core structure leading to side gate under construction.
    4) marina pool is shaping up
    5) club house under construction. building 2nd storey out of 3 stories
    6) main lap pool construction has started
    7) substation done; bin centre almost done
    8) internal plastering, false ceiling works, electrical wiring, bedroom door frames, carpentry work etc. seem to be going on at varying levels of completion.

so if PO really TOP end Mar, then hedges got chance. more likely both projects cannot meet their targets...

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    i went past the development just now. i agree that the sequence of construction seems quite random. from the noise it seems lots of work is on the internal of the blocks. from what i understand, work on different aspects are concurrent. E.g. the internal carpentry is done by subcontract, which is done even as the common areas are done up. so different teams of workers move in and out of the site to do subcontract work, while a core team of workers remain on site for main contract work. hence it's hard to know actual progress.

actually i don't think parc olympia is fast enough to TOP by end of 1st quarter 2015? out of their 8 blocks, only half are reaching top floors, whereas the remaining 4 blocks are at around 2nd floor only. communal spaces are not up too. compare this with hedges park:

1) all blocks up; all external windows and sliding doors up; some RANDOM paint and glass balconies up (lol)
    2) beach pool up; waiting for pebble wash flooring, treasure island, flying fox etc. to be done.
    3) lift core structure leading to side gate under construction.
    4) marina pool is shaping up
    5) club house under construction. building 2nd storey out of 3 stories
    6) main lap pool construction has started
    7) substation done; bin centre almost done
    8) internal plastering, false ceiling works, electrical wiring, bedroom door frames, carpentry work etc. seem to be going on at varying levels of completion.

so if PO really TOP end Mar, then hedges got chance. more likely both projects cannot meet their targets...
    I don't disagree but look at the amount of time it took PO to when they are now compared to how much time it took HP to get to where they are. HP had more than 12 months as a headstart.

It took almost 2 years for HP to reach 56% completion status and they can complete the rest within 12 months? I'm very very skeptical. I was hoping to spend my next CNY in the new place but it's looking more and more unlikely.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

I don't disagree but look at the amount of time it took PO to when they are now compared to how much time it took HP to get to where they are. HP had more than 12 months as a headstart.

It took almost 2 years for HP to reach 56% completion status and they can complete the rest within 12 months? I'm very very skeptical. I was hoping to spend my next CNY in the new place but it's looking more and more unlikely.
    Few reasons why it could (self justification):
    1. Early stages such as excavation, foundation, building erection, etc are linear dependencies and done by the same single main contractor.

2. Electrical and plumbing is likely by different sub contractor and can occur independently of common areas so work could be done in parallel.

3. Interior is again different subcon and independent of common areas.

4. From what I see in Prive EC (occasional help my friend update progress) once the aircon are mounted it is no more than or around 3 months to TOP.

I think the possible top will be 2015 q1 from the photo . Still haven't more work to be done .

I just got off the phone with the project manager in Hong Leong.

I was told that progress is on track, they are still looking at completion PLUS TOP come end of the year.

I shared with him my concerns that I'm still only at 40% of the progressive payment schedule but he reassured me that progress is good and i would likely see the rest of the 5% all coming at one go.

So there you, word from the horse's mouth that 2014 completion and TOP is still on the cards!
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Yippee, thats good news... so collect keys before CNY next year =)

I was told that progress is on track, they are still looking at completion PLUS TOP come end of the year.

I shared with him my concerns that I'm still only at 40% of the progressive payment schedule but he reassured me that progress is good and i would likely see the rest of the 5% all coming at one go.

So there you, word from the horse's mouth that 2014 completion and TOP is still on the cards!
    That's great! glad to hear that
    thank you for the effort

Default Quick updates for 26/4

Hi Hedges folks,

Drove down to Hedges tdy to do a "spot-check" in the afternoon. Glad to see that crane is moving and various working activities is carrying out at different parts of the condo, some at the balconies and some inside the units.

Looks like they are also gearing up to deliver the completed project by year end.

Go, go, go...

So still singing the same tune from the last time I called. Hopefully this is not a PR delay tactic. If the subsequent consecutive calling of payment is true, then we have Hong Leong to thank. Delaying payment means we pay less interest.

next 5% coming, total now is 50%

Quote Originally Posted by lisapanda View Post
    next 5% coming, total now is 50%
    Just received my call up of 5% for the ceiling..... looking forward to the next call up

Went for a quick visit over the weekend. Outwards progress is minimal. Pools are still months away from completion. Clubhouse not up, only the ground floor.

The only comment I have this time is the size of the balcony. It is going to be considerably smaller than I expected. The floorplan shows a depth of ~1m. But from the units with the balcony glass barrier up, I noted that the glass is about 1 feet from the edge, and the actual balcony seems really small. So I think the floorplan does not accurately show the usable size of the balcony. ~30% of the space is "wasted".

To share my unit completion dates:

Foundation: 28 Jan 2013
    RC: 17 May 2013 (+~3.5 months)
    Walls: 6 Jan 2014 (+~7 months)
    Ceiling: 18 Mar 2014 (+~2 months)

I saw wirings dangling from the ceilings of a number of units. Some of the wiring even extend out to the aircon ledge. I reckon the progress is at least 50% complete?

In all likelihood, the call for wiring could be in Jun/Jul (giving them +3-4 months from the previous calling). Call for carpark and inner roads probably Oct, which is another 3 months away. That would give them about 6 months for the ID. Then another 2 months paperwork for TOP? Dec may be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    The only comment I have this time is the size of the balcony. It is going to be considerably smaller than I expected. The floorplan shows a depth of ~1m. But from the units with the balcony glass barrier up, I noted that the glass is about 1 feet from the edge, and the actual balcony seems really small. So I think the floorplan does not accurately show the usable size of the balcony. ~30% of the space is "wasted".
    Any space beyond the railing is not counted as a unit's floor area according to building regulations. Things look smaller from afar. The floor plan is accurate.

Significant updates:
    1) Brown cartons r appearing on ac ledges. It's panasonic.
    2) They have started filling soil into planter containers at the beach pool.
    3) Air con vertical feature screens are being installed for the one bedders.
    4) Steel railings have started appearing in stairwells and along inner corridors.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    Any space beyond the railing is not counted as a unit's floor area according to building regulations. Things look smaller from afar. The floor plan is accurate.

Significant updates:
    1) Brown cartons r appearing on ac ledges. It's panasonic.
    2) They have started filling soil into planter containers at the beach pool.
    3) Air con vertical feature screens are being installed for the one bedders.
    4) Steel railings have started appearing in stairwells and along inner corridors.

I second that !
    I spied that the kitchen has their wall tiles up. Balcony in my opinion looks good.

Was there this afternoon. And workers are still at work ( considering it's a public holiday )
    Noticed that the metal fence is up around the development. According to my agent, greens will be planted on top of it.
    Anyone can shed more info on this ? True ? No ?

Take it easy guys. Am sure u don't want shoddy work to be done to meet the dateline

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Roarrrr View Post
    I second that !
    I spied that the kitchen has their wall tiles up. Balcony in my opinion looks good.

Was there this afternoon. And workers are still at work ( considering it's a public holiday )
    Noticed that the metal fence is up around the development. According to my agent, greens will be planted on top of it.
    Anyone can shed more info on this ? True ? No ?

Take it easy guys. Am sure u don't want shoddy work to be done to meet the dateline
    I also do not want shoddy work for rushing and meeting deadline

I run into "Database error" when trying to upload photos of the site visit. Anybody can teach me how to rectify? Thanks.

I don't think we have much to worry guys. TID is a reputable developer, and so is Lian Beng who is the main contractor.

I re-did a quick research I done previously. Look at the filtered table, using data from BCA website for the Conquas scoring which is a barometer to the construction quality. IIRC, any score above 80% is a "pass/good", and 95% is the ideal balance for cost-benefit before the curve goes exponential. The table only contains TID and Lian Beng projects to put things into context.

So far we have read/felt good things about Gale where the aesthetic looks great, delivered on-time/ahead of schedule, provided with NGNBN instead of just cable, etc.

Gale owners should be happy to see that the score is pretty high. There are only 43 (out of 442) developments that scored higher for Conquas. For structural: 42, architecture: 46, M&E: 207. Maybe not great for M&E, but for all other benchmarks, is close at the top 10%.

We Hedges owner can somewhat take reference since our developer and main contractor are the same as Gale. The third project they worked together according to the data.

Also, you can also see the improvements with time. Every 4 years or so since 2006 you see a considerable improvement in the scores for TID projects.

For the whole of 2013, there were 37 projects, only 11 had higher Conquas score than Gale. So it is not just the general improvements over time, but TID/LB as developer/contractor also improved when compared to the competition.

I don't think we would get a lemon, and whatever discussions we had were due to us not having appropriate understanding.

Having said that though, the design and aesthetics, etc. are not covered under Conquas

Quote Originally Posted by hedgesalvin View Post
    I run into "Database error" when trying to upload photos of the site visit. Anybody can teach me how to rectify? Thanks.
    I think it is better to create a photobucket account to upload your photos and then do an img link to the photos. Try that?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    Frankly speaking, I am pretty disappointed in the progress. Granted, the CSC is June 15 but I have been hearing from different sources that it is not uncommon for TOP to be 6-12 months ahead.

Certainly Jun 14 TOP is out. My optimistic hope for Q4/Oct is unlikely. I think it is more likely to be 15Q1 or even until the last weeks before CSC. I guess this probably put the project as one o the slower building one.

Some people were saying that they needed more time as they needed to excavate the hedge. But the hedge was formed so long ago. The progress since then is IMO slow. I wonder if they diverted resources to inFlora? The foundation of inFlora was already well into progress when they launched unlike HPC that was not even started at the same marketing phase.

Other than the progress, I am puzzled by the way the blocks/units are being built. It just don't quite seem to make sense.

1. Paintwork started for some blocks but not others? If the paintwork is for visualising/testing why are they like spread all over the development instead of concentrated on a few close blocks?

2. Use of wood to plaster over the ledge? Is this permanent or temporary? If it is wood then how can it withstand the elements? Would there be problems with maintenance? See this sample photo. The smooth ledge with basepaint is in fact wood. The same floor towards the right and the floor below is still raw rough cement.

3. "Patchy" completion? See this sample photo, look at the top level wall. Why is the section of red bricks left exposed like that? There are some blocks that is actually not as "neat" as this. Imagine a wall and in the middle of the wall there's a circular patch exposing the red bricks. Why? I don't see this in other developments?

Somehow the general neatness of the construction is not there. The covers were of different colours/shades and not well covered compared to say PO or other developments. Other developments they used a single consistent coloured i.e blue cover and they are well covered without holes flaps, etc. It just look neat unlike HPC.

Then the unused/discarded materials are not as well laid out, and are often seen laid at different places or just not well lined. The overall tidiness of the site is also bad. This is a good example. It looks so untidy. Hazardous working environment? I think a neat workplace foster good habits and is linked to good quality output. An untidy environment similarly encourages sloppy work.

Whenever I go past a BUC, I always try to observe how they set up the scaffold, how their buildings look in the raw cement form, the uniformity of progress, etc.

I must say PO/Koh Brothers gave me a good impression. Neat, systematic, etc. Probably the neatest site I've seen. Maybe Japanese style of construction and/or techniques?

In any case, still holding on the whatever remaining hopes I have for TOP this year. I hope that the site would be cleared of the debris and all with the structure of the roads, etc. formed by end of June. Maybe start calling for next 5$ internal wiring, plumbing, etc. end-May?

I place order for my mattress couple weeks back. And the last 2 weeks I had been looking out for my dining table. I'm just so waiting for TOP to come. *fingers crossed*
    I am no expert in construction industry. However I do observe that PO and PI are using pre fabricated materials unlike HP. Hence it may explain why the progress for PO and PI are faster.

Hi neighbors! I'm from block 79 & I just found out about this site, any updates?