Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    it used to be for a petrol station. can utilities land be privately owned? anyone knows? if that's true then no need to put up for tender. construction can commence sooner.
    I will not be surprised if the land belongs to Tripartite / Hong Leong as they owned most of the land on which condos have been built at Flora Road / Flora Drive / Mariam road.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    I will not be surprised if the land belongs to Tripartite / Hong Leong as they owned most of the land on which condos have been built at Flora Road / Flora Drive / Mariam road.
    Good news to me, so we can expect it to be ready sooner, within 2 years maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    To my knowledge petrol stations are on state land leased out to individuals/petrol companies. If that holds true, then now that the site has been rezoned, URA/SLA might now put up the site for sale soon under the GLS. In any case, CDL's AR did not list that plot under their landbank so it more probably not owned by them.

Just found this: http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/new/new2002/new0208.htm
    Add this which seems interesting for a read later: http://www.mti.gov.sg/MTIInsights/Do...1Q2011__FA.pdf

Petrol station operators are
    nonetheless subject to urban planning by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and Singapore Land
    Authority (SLA), competitive bidding of petrol station sites conducted by Housing Development Board
    (HDB), safety rules by Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), excise duty on petrol imposed by the
    Singapore Customs (Customs), and indirectly, differential road taxes on petrol and diesel vehicles
    imposed by the Land Transport Authority (LTA)8
    Land premiums paid for retail petrol sites are
    generally high because of site scarcity. The sites
    planned for petrol station use are specified in the
    URA Master Plan and tendered out by HDB.
    Urban planning is necessary
    The problem of land scarcity is inherent to Singapore. Therefore, careful urban planning is necessary. As
    only a few new petrol station sites are available every year, this makes it more difficult for new players
    to enter the market, with a critical scale of operations. However, it should be noted that land cost is not
    a significant cost driver, as it accounts for only 5-10 per cent of total petrol price.
    The site allocation mechanism is competitive
    HDB operates an eBidding mechanism for the allocation of petrol station sites. There is no pre-screening
    process to restrict the eligibility of bidders based on subjective criteria. The only substantial requirement
    is an upfront deposit20. The bidding process is an open, anonymous and ascending auction. Such a
    bidding process generally produces smaller increments between bids than, say, sealed-bid tenders21. In
    particular, anonymity helps prevent bid-rigging between competitors. Sites are awarded to the highest
    bidder. HDB has informed us that the petrol companies do compete aggressively for new sites.
    We considered whether the lease term of 30 years for new petrol station sites have contributed to the
    limited availability of new sites. However, we note that, in the context of land lease, 30 years is not long,
    compared to typical residential land leases of 99 to 999 years, and commercial ones of 99 years. In any
    case, the potential benefits of shorter lease terms are unclear, as each dollar invested would have to be
    amortized faster, leading to a tighter payback period which may affect investment incentives.

Project jewel to be built at changi airport- another good news to flora drive people?

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDude
    Project jewel to be built at changi airport- another good news to flora drive people?
    I hope that with the relocation of PAB to Changi East we do not get much sonic booms.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre
    I hope that with the relocation of PAB to Changi East we do not get much sonic booms.
    don't worry. even if future PLAB is smack next to the current changi airport on the right, the distance is the same as the current PLAB to Tampines Central. I don't think Tampines Central experiences any sonic booms? besides, it will be T5 on the right of the current airport, which means PLAB will be on the right of T5, placing it even further away. many people are ignorant of the size of airports until they see them on google map. the current airport is as large as the whole of tampines and simei combined. size of T5 with its 3 new runways is going to be as large as T1-4 combined, which means another substantial buffer. so how to hear any noise at all?

looking at google map, it seems that the land east of changi airport is just enough to fit T5 and PLAB, with little land left over. just superimpose the current changi airport (to simulate the land required for T5) and PLAB over the vacant land and u will see i m right. this means the residential support for the more than doubled aviation staff (163000x2) will have to come from flora, upper changi east, tanah merah and east coast regions (with the aid of ERL), providing upside to housing rentals and prices.

changi airport jewel will create another huge lifestyle and entertainment hub in the region, with its huge glass dome encompassing a 3.5 hectare land designed by Moshe Safdie who designed marina bay sands, serving as a node connecting all 3 terminals:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...ct/781952.html

the whole of hedges park covers 3 hectares, so u can imagine how huge the dome will be. this will again add value to the region.
    Last edited by gav108; 19-08-13 at 21:47.

Today received the letter from developer, calling for next 10%, mine is level 5.

Received mine too... Just went down to the law firm and hand over the cheque

This is the for RC Framework?

I hope that the next 4 milestones of 5% come like domino. Partition wall, roofing, internal, carpark.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre
    This is the for RC Framework?

I hope that the next 4 milestones of 5% come like domino. Partition wall, roofing, internal, carpark.
    Yes this is for RC framework. Hopefully next one will come soon.

News for Pasir Ris but this is just a stone throw away for Flora residents, so still a plus.

SINGAPORE: Come 2015, Pasir Ris residents will have an upgraded waterfront right at their doorstep.

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean officiated the groundbreaking ceremony for the water project on Sunday evening.

Located between Tampines Expressway and Pasir Ris Drive 3, the new waterway will have rain gardens as well as additional plantings.

Visitors can also expect signage about the flora and fauna which will be installed along the waterfront.

The upgrading is part of water agency PUB's Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters Programme to transform Singapore's water bodies.

Over 100 potential locations have been identified for implementation over the next 20 to 30 years.

Default Distance between blocks

Recently, went to have a look at the development.
    Pretty good progress in my opinion. On a hot Saturday, works at full swing.

But cant help Feeling a little disappointed. seems that the distance from the pavement( newly opened road) is pretty near to 4/5/6th floor units.

For those who bought the lower floor units, Anyone has got tat same concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Roarrrr
    Recently, went to have a look at the development.
    Pretty good progress in my opinion. On a hot Saturday, works at full swing.

But cant help Feeling a little disappointed. seems that the distance from the pavement( newly opened road) is pretty near to 4/5/6th floor units.

For those who bought the lower floor units, Anyone has got tat same concern?
    did you buy a unit that is near or next to flora drive? it's not a concern at all if it's away from the road. 5th story is 2nd storey height looking from flora drive future condo entrance, and first story looking from upper changi road north, so 5th storey and above is above ground in all directions and ok in general. unless the unit is next to the road, in which case road noise will be direct.

Sigh... I wanted a #07 unit but was too slow to the party. Ended up with a much lower floor that I think is at street level. I'll probably get the street noise and human views into my unit.

What I like in the area is the wide pavement outside Gale. Nice to jog, walk dog, stroll, privacy, less noise, etc.

It's e last few blocks. 66-65 etc Along e newly open road ( not sure e name of e road)
    Seems tat e pavement is rather narrow & they seem pretty close to those few units .
    These lower units will be near street level & with such close proximity . Privacy is my concern.

Was just a bit shocked cos wasn't expecting e distance to be that close.

Hopefully, after e fences is up, theyll covered them with greenery( as e name suggest "Hedges"Park) . This may provide more privacy to those units.

Dropped by for a quick 5min progress check earlier.

Progress though rather muted but considered satisfactory.

The rear blocks (near substation) don't look much different from the last 2 updates, but the front blocks (near Upper Changi) have now all caught up. All the blocks are now similarly high; built up to #07 ceiling/#08 floor (where applicable).

Underneath the canvas/cover can see red brick walls up till #04/05 level. Perhaps the next 5% of partition walls for the lower floors would start calling soon.

Video: http://goo.gl/hSLuFE

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    yes pending till 14th sep 13, after which it will be confirmed. this is ura's generic list of commercial use:

1. Offices
    2. Mixed Uses (e.g. Office/Shopping/Cinema/ Hotel/Flat)
    3. Convention/ Exhibition Centre
    4. Commercial School
    5. Bank
    6. Market/Food Centre/Restaurant
    7. Cinema
    8. Entertainment
    9. Foreign Trade Mission/Chancery
    10. Hotel
    11. Recreation Club
    12. Medical suite
    13. Clinic

however ura will disallow certain types of commercial uses out of this list (hotel, cinema anyone??). quote from ura: The developments in this zone are subject to controls on the type and quantum of commercial uses as determined by the competent authority.

though there won't be exact control on tenant types and we can't entirely rule out offices, commercial school and such, i hope common sense prevails and it won't be wasted on these when the land is so small and other resident needs are more pressing.

in terms of process, after the land use amendment, the land will be put out for sale, after which design and construction begins.

according to google map, this piece of land is 450 m away from hedges park's backgate, or a 5-6 minute walk.
    Hey bro,so any news for proposal?

Smile hi everyone

I've just joined the group & a hse buyer at Hedges Park . Wanna to hv a babminton court and the future land for sale site to hse some eatery . wat u guys suggest ?

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    I've just joined the group & a hse buyer at Hedges Park . Wanna to hv a babminton court and the future land for sale site to hse some eatery . wat u guys suggest ?
    Congratz on your new purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    yes pending till 14th sep 13, after which it will be confirmed. this is ura's generic list of commercial use:

1. Offices
    2. Mixed Uses (e.g. Office/Shopping/Cinema/ Hotel/Flat)
    3. Convention/ Exhibition Centre
    4. Commercial School
    5. Bank
    6. Market/Food Centre/Restaurant
    7. Cinema
    8. Entertainment
    9. Foreign Trade Mission/Chancery
    10. Hotel
    11. Recreation Club
    12. Medical suite
    13. Clinic

however ura will disallow certain types of commercial uses out of this list (hotel, cinema anyone??). quote from ura: The developments in this zone are subject to controls on the type and quantum of commercial uses as determined by the competent authority.

though there won't be exact control on tenant types and we can't entirely rule out offices, commercial school and such, i hope common sense prevails and it won't be wasted on these when the land is so small and other resident needs are more pressing.

in terms of process, after the land use amendment, the land will be put out for sale, after which design and construction begins.

according to google map, this piece of land is 450 m away from hedges park's backgate, or a 5-6 minute walk.
    Hi, Do you have any update on the usage of that piece of land? Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDude View Post
    Hey bro,so any news for proposal?
    Hi HD and applefans. no updates yet. it will show on the list of approved amendments if it's approved over here:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/DC/view-ma...mendments.aspx

Default Inflora

Our neighbor "Inflora" looks ready to be launched in coming Oct.

More info can be seen available on the web now.

Hope the launch benefits all Hedges owners...

The layout is pretty much similar to Hedges. But better utilisation of space as the bomb shelter like all new developments are in the common stairwell instead of within household. On paper slightly smaller but probably similar usable and sense of space. I think it'd be a value buy. For the same xBR might be lower quantum.

The appliances are all Duravit (same) and Whirlpool (unsure).

I like the main pool. Nice.

Default Lift-key card access

Hi all,

Any ideas if our new home comes with lift-key card access? Or all new condo projects come with this now?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Default 3rd installment paid

Hi all,

Just got a letter from my lawyer for the third installment 5%; Brick Walls/Partition Wall

Wishful TOP by mid next year

Quote Originally Posted by EK@East View Post
    Hi all,

Any ideas if our new home comes with lift-key card access? Or all new condo projects come with this now?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.
    Hi EK@East, I've visited Edelweiss and Ferraria and both have lift-key card access. I am assuming it will be the same for Hedges Park since it is from the same developer?

Quote Originally Posted by mka View Post
    Hi all,

Just got a letter from my lawyer for the third installment 5%; Brick Walls/Partition Wall

Wishful TOP by mid next year

Hi mka,

Can I know which floor are u at??

Seems like it is on track with my guesstimation.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    Let's see how far the progress would deviate from my guess-timation.

2013 Mar - #03 completed, >50% #04 + some #05 under construction
    2013 Apr - #04 completed, >50% #05 under construction
    2013 May - #05 completed
    2013 Jun - #06 completed, start calling for next 10% for RC, start constructing external walls for lower levels << matched
    2013 Jul - #07 completed
    2013 Aug - #08 completed
    2013 Sep - start building entrance/function room, all external walls constructed
    2013 Oct - start calling for next 5% brick walls << matched
    2013 Nov -
    2013 Dec - external paintwork completed
    2014 Jan - start building pools and roads, start calling for next 5% ceiling/roof
    2014 Feb -
    2014 Mar - start mounting aircon compressor
    2014 Apr - start calling for next 5% elec+plumbling
    2014 May -
    2014 Jun - start planting greenery
    2014 Jul - start calling for next 5% carpark/road/drains
    2014 Aug -
    2014 Sep -
    2014 Oct - start calling for TOP (next 25%)
    2014 Nov
    2014 Dec
    2015 Jun - CSC, start calling for final 15%

Quote Originally Posted by OCEANFLY View Post
    Hi mka,

Can I know which floor are u at??
    Hi Oceanfly,

Mine at ground floor. #02

Quote Originally Posted by mka View Post
    Hi Oceanfly,

Mine at ground floor. #02

Thanks Mka. Mine at #07, hopefully they will call by end October)