Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526273237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Palette (D18, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    Do take note that Palette has many bay windows while other new projects do not have anymore. Just to highlight!
    Bay window is good - can moderate the room temperature and it is functional too. What I like most about palette is their planter which does not eat into the living space.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping lamb
    Bay window is good - can moderate the room temperature and it is functional too. What I like most about palette is their planter which does not eat into the living space.
    True the planter is better than balcony but I prefer units wo BW, cos paying for every sqf mah, why wanna let developer earn for free!

Just went to KPO in Pasir Ris area over the weekend and visited the Sea Esta showflat. Wow, there are really a lot of condos there. Don't know whether got rental market when most of them TOP. ???

Btw, this development atill got sea view units?

Quote Originally Posted by fiyo
    Just went to KPO in Pasir Ris area over the weekend and visited the Sea Esta showflat. Wow, there are really a lot of condos there. Don't know whether got rental market when most of them TOP. ???
    There are 3 new private condos at Pasir Ris Link or Jalan Loyang Besar, namely Seastrand, Ripple Bay and Sea Esta. Watercolours is an EC.

The Pasir Ris Grove side has 5 new private condo, namely Livia, NV Residences, The Palette and 2 more plots (3 and 5) of lands for 2 more condos. There is also an EC near Pasir Ris Grove called Pasir Ris One.

I also have the same qn as you. Will there be rental market when all these condos TOP.
    Last edited by Super; 20-07-12 at 11:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Super
    There are 3 new private condos at Pasir Ris Link or Jalan Loyang Besar, namely Seastrand, Ripple Bay and Sea Esta. Watercolours is an EC.

The Pasir Ris Grove side has 5 new private condo, namely Livia, NV Residences, The Palette and 2 more plots (3 and 5) of lands for 2 more condos. There is also an EC near Pasir Ris Grove called Pasir Ris One.

I also have the same qn as you. Will there be rental market when all these condos TOP.
    Pasir Ris One is DBSS lah bro...

http://www.pasirrisone.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Super

If rem correctly, two weeks ago, in ST reports, there are too many condo & EC development in NE & PR areas. IMO, NE, esp Punggol is a vast piece of vacant land and naturally many residential units will be built. Nevertheless, rental market will be softer. EC can only starts to rent after stay-in period of 5 years period. So, condo units will have the lead. Also reported, to stay competitor in the rental market, residential units near amentities with MRT are preferred.

With the latest news that ano 1000 ha of costal land will be added to existing 1350 ha for expansion of airport for the construction of runway 3, terminal 4, 5 and increase business activities in Changi Business Park areas including the 4th uni, Eastern areas will see a tremendous increase of rental potential.

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    Do take note that Palette has many bay windows while other new projects do not have anymore. Just to highlight!
    When was helping a relative to finalize the purchase of a unit in Palette, was told by the agent that when the 1st 3 condos were designed, BW is the norm at that time for most condo launched. Now, for new project, BW is no more the norm.
    However, was told that most likely the next condo, after Palette will have BW too as the design is conceived some time back.

IMO, agreed that BW looks awkward and take up space. Though help to dissipate heat but placing of bed difficult. Prob, got to customise lor. Hope, CDL make some changes for the next launch.

Quote Originally Posted by keanie
    When was helping a relative to finalize the purchase of a unit in Palette, was told by the agent that when the 1st 3 condos were designed, BW is the norm at that time for most condo launched. Now, for new project, BW is no more the norm.
    However, was told that most likely the next condo, after Palette will have BW too as the design is conceived some time back.

IMO, agreed that BW looks awkward and take up space. Though help to dissipate heat but placing of bed difficult. Prob, got to customise lor. Hope, CDL make some changes for the next launch.
    Why do developers of condo units like to put in bay windows whereas HDB flats do not? What's the rationale?

I think if planned properly, a good interior designer will be able to make full use of space including the bay windows. Has anyone make good use of bay windows? Can share?

Within the plot of land by CDL that build Livia, NV, The Palette and 2 more upcoming condos within the same plot of land, which condo among the 5 is the nearest to Pasir Ris MRT?

Developers charge buyers for that bay window space although they pay lesser or do not pay at all to develop that space in condos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebot
    Why do developers of condo units like to put in bay windows whereas HDB flats do not? What's the rationale?

I think if planned properly, a good interior designer will be able to make full use of space including the bay windows. Has anyone make good use of bay windows? Can share?

Within the plot of land by CDL that build Livia, NV, The Palette and 2 more upcoming condos within the same plot of land, which condo among the 5 is the nearest to Pasir Ris MRT?
    I take this ez qn. The plot where the showflat is. But expect a higher psf as it is inching closer to central. Palette is already very ideal in terms of location. Back to bw, I think nv got more of that based on the floorplans.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Developers charge buyers for that bay window space although they pay lesser or do not pay at all to develop that space in condos.
    Thanks for the explanation though I'm still not quite sure it means.

Most likely BW will be taken out alrdy cos prev I think developer pay less tax or something along that line... Not developer shd be doing away w it since they pay full price for it...

Initially I have the idea of putting a mattress on the smart storage that level with the bay window but I came across this website stating that it's not a good idea :

http://www.hongye.com.sg/2012/03/hon...ndow-products/

Anyone like to share their experience using the bay window as part of the bed?

I have post this same question on a few forums but so far no one has reply.

Thanks for the explanation though I'm still not quite sure it means.
    It's all about $$$ last time...
    Now ruling revised...

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    Pasir Ris One is DBSS lah bro...

http://www.pasirrisone.com/
    Thanks for the info. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by tijiwehe
    Initially I have the idea of putting a mattress on the smart storage that level with the bay window but I came across this website stating that it's not a good idea :

I have been to a friend's place at Livia and bed was on the BW with a storage of pull out drawers below extended by ID. Frankly IMO, it's not suitable for kids or elderly and for adults, the height is seriously weird. It's better to leave BW as they are and use it as a cosy corner.

I will put a huge ass 50inch tv, dvd player, cable box, speakers, DVD collection.. on the bay window. It's like a free table/shelf, but of cos view will be blocked. if there isnt much of a view to begin with, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by tijiwehe

Bro, I happen to chance upon this while reading up on BW, it seems the opposite of what you believe. Having BW does not moderate the temp, it kind of increases the temp in the house.

Quote - In addition, the extensive use of bay windows will lead to higher heat transfer into buildings and increase the need for air-conditioning to cool the building. BCA has advised that many existing residential buildings with extensive bay windows are found to exceed the prescribed Residential Envelope Transmittance Value (RETV) of 25W/m2. The extensive provision of bay windows therefore runs counter to the objective of encouraging energy efficient building design and sustainability.

Source, Pt 4 - http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Bro, I happen to chance upon this while reading up on BW, it seems the opposite of what you believe. Having BW does not moderate the temp, it kind of increases the temp in the house.

Quote - In addition, the extensive use of bay windows will lead to higher heat transfer into buildings and increase the need for air-conditioning to cool the building. BCA has advised that many existing residential buildings with extensive bay windows are found to exceed the prescribed Residential Envelope Transmittance Value (RETV) of 25W/m2. The extensive provision of bay windows therefore runs counter to the objective of encouraging energy efficient building design and sustainability.

Very informative. Now, we know why developers provide BW and planters. On one hand, developers save $$ on exemption of GFA but buyers still has to pay, esp the huge BW, that only give headaches.

Tks brother lamb. Bw is a distinct feature of most condos although some would prefer not to have it. Same logic for balconies vs planters. Fortunately the bw area at palette is still not extensive and there r many ways we can use the space. It is still useful so I m fine with it.

Tks brother lamb. Bw is a distinct feature of most condos although some would prefer not to have it. Same logic for balconies vs planters. Fortunately the bw area at palette is still not extensive and there r many ways we can use the space. It is still useful so I m fine with it.

Since when I'm bro lamb? Hehehe... Anyway, I do agree BW has good and bad but with the Psf so high these days, I rather be paying for those wo. The trend is that new proj that have their drawing plans approve recently will not have BW, but maybe larger balcony or 2 balconies.

I'm pretty sure the nx CDL plot beside Palette will also not have BW...

Since when I'm bro lamb? Hehehe... Anyway, I do agree BW has good and bad but with the Psf so high these days, I rather be paying for those wo. The trend is that new proj that have their drawing plans approve recently will not have BW, but maybe larger balcony or 2 balconies.

I'm pretty sure the nx CDL plot beside Palette will also not have BW...
    New project "V on Shenton" has BW, balcony and planter... 3 in 1.

http://vshenton.sg/site.html

I opted for the bay window with storage at The Palette. Not sure if I make the right choice. Hope to get a good ID to help me maximize space at my unit. And with no storeroom, I will be forced to due clutter, not a bad idea actually.

I opted for the bay window with storage at The Palette. Not sure if I make the right choice. Hope to get a good ID to help me maximize space at my unit. And with no storeroom, I will be forced to due clutter, not a bad idea actually.
    me too....i chose that because no storeroom also....hmm, i think with good id can transform it into a lounge bed/sofa etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    me too....i chose that because no storeroom also....hmm, i think with good id can transform it into a lounge bed/sofa etc?
    Perhaps all who have bought a unit at The Palette can share ideas nearer TOP.

I was told by one of the agent that 90% of The Palette buyers chose storage flush with bay window level... that was when the sales hit the 700+ units.