PDA

View Full Version : FLAMINGO VALLEY, FH

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

bakasa2002
23-05-12, 21:59
prices are not that much higher. vacanza was just an example. it just seems that the units are not moving.

Wah, Bartley w all the hype is only 40%???

Sleepyhead
23-05-12, 22:16
Sky Habitat even more hype and even less sold!:rolleyes:

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 11:05
Sky Habitat even more hype and even less sold!:rolleyes:

I think market gonna really slow down within nx 3 mths ... new launch are also starting to taper ...

eng81157
24-05-12, 11:23
I think market gonna really slow down within nx 3 mths ... new launch are also starting to taper ...

guess what - that's what i thought too almost 6 months ago but had been proven wrong till now :eek:

gn108
24-05-12, 11:32
as long as interest rates low and inflation remain high, investment in real estate will be high. Only artificial curbs can cool it somewhat.

And of course that fear that one's children can't even afford that MM unit will spur on purchases.

In a word...huat ar!

Sleepyhead
24-05-12, 11:58
I hope you're right! :spliff:

Sleepyhead
24-05-12, 12:03
BTW, dropped by the FV showroom this week. They are building new showroom for the penthouse units. I think the bulk of the unsold units are PH's.... so now they want to showcase the PH to woo buyers.

will have big roof terrace looking towards the city skyline (assuming can see above the landed houses?)

should be nice. I wanna seee.... even though I can't afford... :D

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 13:32
guess what - that's what i thought too almost 6 months ago but had been proven wrong till now :eek:

Hahaha .. You are more realistic that I am, I been hoping for that for about a year! :)

hyenergix
24-05-12, 13:38
Shd b slowing down soon... Inflation of prices of everyday items will make pp more cautious.

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 13:39
as long as interest rates low and inflation remain high, investment in real estate will be high. Only artificial curbs can cool it somewhat.

And of course that fear that one's children can't even afford that MM unit will spur on purchases.

In a word...huat ar!
Interest rate is expected to be low till 2014? I read somewhere, why is that so ah?

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 13:40
BTW, dropped by the FV showroom this week. They are building new showroom for the penthouse units. I think the bulk of the unsold units are PH's.... so now they want to showcase the PH to woo buyers.

will have big roof terrace looking towards the city skyline (assuming can see above the landed houses?)

I heard the current 3bdr actual unit SF is sold w the ID, so they are building a new showflat upstairs. :)

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 13:41
Shd b slowing down soon... Inflation of prices of everyday items will make pp more cautious.

I thought lots of ppl buy houses to hedge against inflation? hehehhee ... So maybe more ppl will buy?

hyenergix
24-05-12, 13:48
Maybe. But got to keep some money aside for contingencies like medical treatment n catch up with ever higher cost of living. Most pp already have a roof over their head. So buying tt extra house is not really tt essential.

Arcachon
24-05-12, 13:56
Interest rate is expected to be low till 2014? I read somewhere, why is that so ah?

As Ben loh.

yowetan
25-05-12, 15:22
I hope FV will correct it prices, so I can afford.

oda
28-05-12, 15:26
I hope FV will correct it prices, so I can afford.

Yowetan, i think you are one funny guy/gal, no developer at the right state of mind would lower their prices.

There are a lot of implications , impacts and legal suits if there's any.

I think your rational is a bit weird, if you can't afford it then you should look at something affordable.

Having 8 properties under my hands over the years, i don't think flamingo valley is expensive.

:)

Sleepyhead
28-05-12, 22:51
Having 8 properties under my hands over the years, i don't think flamingo valley is expensive.

:)

If not expensive then why is it not selling out fast like the other new launches around? :rolleyes:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 23:16
I can see the progress from a distance from where I staying now...

Seems like the tall blocks are almost reaching height of Park East next door.

oda
29-05-12, 14:46
If not expensive then why is it not selling out fast like the other new launches around? :rolleyes:

Sleepyhead, i have no idea. heard the showroom was close for quite a while. if not mistaken this is their new showroom. i remembered the old showplace was closer to opera area.

radha08
02-06-12, 13:57

so when are you going to fire ur bullet...i already put back my gun...:D

yowetan
02-06-12, 14:08
Opera primary school is decent.

If the price can go to 1.3mil, it will be an attractive purchase.

bakasa2002
02-06-12, 14:55
so when are you going to fire ur bullet...i already put back my gun...:D

Moved from FV to Archi, though quite nice but still ... Hahaha ... Maybe bro yowetan can get a unit there cos' it's 1.3m but not FH land lah. Lolx! :)

yowetan
02-06-12, 14:57
Moved from FV to Archi, though quite nice but still ... Hahaha ... Maybe bro yowetan can get a unit there cos' it's 1.3m but not FH land lah. Lolx! :)

Thanks but no thanks. I prefer 999/FH.

bakasa2002
02-06-12, 14:57

You can consider archipelago but not D15, not FH lah. you can get a decent 3 bdr there. :)

pinkpolkadot
02-06-12, 15:01

Aiyo please lah! People already said sacrificing well-being of parents, parents-in-laws and all those in the family. LH is not good enough lah. No health insurance or allowances for family. Leave them to government to take care..... all for ...... die die want to get a FH!!!

oda
04-06-12, 01:58
Looking at the penthouse corner. Hmmmm not sure if it's still available.

zeamybro
04-06-12, 08:58
Looking at the penthouse corner. Hmmmm not sure if it's still available.

As per yday, i think the most left corner penthouse facing the main road is still available ... the other one would be stack 30, slightly inside near the porch.

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 00:07
How many % sold now? Still 60+%?

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 00:11

You can get the small 3-bedders for 1.3m right? Why not consider those?

Alternatively Park East just next door can get big 3 beds approx 1300 sqft for only 1.1m. Can consider?

oda
05-06-12, 02:05
You can get the small 3-bedders for 1.3m right? Why not consider those?

Alternatively Park East just next door can get big 3 beds approx 1300 sqft for only 1.1m. Can consider?

Park east leh

Laguna
05-06-12, 09:23
Park east leh

aiyo, do u think he wants Park East
face problem

Tripp
05-06-12, 11:15
Seriously, ever wondered if yowetan is a satirical account?

But if he is for real, then god help this country.

gn108
05-06-12, 11:23
I'm pretty certain, it's the former...he's a 'troll', looking for fun via asking caring forummers to use their experience/caringness and wasting their time.

Seriously, ever wondered if yowetan is a satirical account?

But if he is for real, then god help this country.

Worsty
05-06-12, 12:41
Well, mum's friend just sold her place for 900k (1200-1300 square feet 30 years old condo) to help fund her son and daughter in law's condo. (she'll be moving in with them, getting a dual key unit though, the studio is to be rented so they say)

got river isle at 1.2mil. What i don't understand is, why would the couple, (combined only 4k+ max, still owing 300k in hdb loans, and having to maintain a car with 1 small child) would pester the mum to sell off her fully paid up place and being in debt for another 30years. She's already 60+. If to sell, at least let her get a 3 room and have extra 200-300k spare cash to retire.

Don't understand why people must die die live in condo even if they obviously cannot afford it. Now even with the 500k downpayment made (from mum obviously) , it'll be interesting to see how the couple can afford to pay the 2k+ monthly installment for the next 3-4 years until they can rent out their HDB flat.

Note : The full 900k is shared with the husband and they are seperated

bakasa2002
05-06-12, 13:01
Well, mum's friend just sold her place for 900k (1200-1300 square feet 30 years old condo) to help fund her son and daughter in law's condo. (she'll be moving in with them, getting a dual key unit though, the studio is to be rented so they say)

got river isle at 1.2mil. What i don't understand is, why would the couple, (combined only 4k+ max, still owing 300k in hdb loans, and having to maintain a car with 1 small child) would pester the mum to sell off her fully paid up place and being in debt for another 30years. She's already 60+. If to sell, at least let her get a 3 room and have extra 200-300k spare cash to retire.

Don't understand why people must die die live in condo even if they obviously cannot afford it. Now even with the 500k downpayment made (from mum obviously) , it'll be interesting to see how the couple can afford to pay the 2k+ monthly installment for the next 3-4 years until they can rent out their HDB flat.

Another sad case of chasing dreams at parents' expense. :(

samuelk
05-06-12, 13:02

no wonder.
Saw that the 4 bedder 3000sqft at 3mil n negotisble. Seems under value. Eonder why

Laguna
05-06-12, 15:06

they are separated and yet still buying a property jointly

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 15:12

教育,老师,父母,谁之过?

Worsty
05-06-12, 15:45

i meant, the mum and her husband separated. The couple isn't. So mum used her share of the sale + her own savings to pay for the downpayment.

maisonjai
05-06-12, 16:03
indirect transfer of wealth/inheritance, hopefully the mum made the right decision.

zeamybro
05-06-12, 17:18
Another sad case of chasing dreams at parents' expense. :(

I have a family friend who is doing something similar. The father is a taxi-driver (still driving now) and the mum is a housewife. The old couple sold their HDB and helped to pay the downpayment for a 4BR at Waterina -bought under the name of the son and DIL. The most disgusting thing is that the son is asking the parents to chip in $1.5k every month for the monthly installment since they (the old couple) are now staying in the condo ...

When i bought my very first condo, my mum wanted to chip in some $ as she didnt want me to take up so much loan. I declined because i didnt wana touch her savings. Instead, she gave me a fridge and washer as gifts for my new home then :)

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 22:40
I have a family friend who is doing something similar. The father is a taxi-driver (still driving now) and the mum is a housewife. The old couple sold their HDB and helped to pay the downpayment for a 4BR at Waterina -bought under the name of the son and DIL.

Wow! Very risky move on the parents part! If anything should happen to the son, the DIL gets the condo and can kick out the parents anytime!

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 23:08

From domestic partnership to dealistic partnership

oda
08-06-12, 13:14
I have a family friend who is doing something similar. The father is a taxi-driver (still driving now) and the mum is a housewife. The old couple sold their HDB and helped to pay the downpayment for a 4BR at Waterina -bought under the name of the son and DIL. The most disgusting thing is that the son is asking the parents to chip in $1.5k every month for the monthly installment since they (the old couple) are now staying in the condo ...

When i bought my very first condo, my mum wanted to chip in some $ as she didnt want me to take up so much loan. I declined because i didnt wana touch her savings. Instead, she gave me a fridge and washer as gifts for my new home then :)

Reality check

bakasa2002
09-06-12, 16:15

You are a good boy! :) Maybe the generations of the 196x, 197x and 198x different greatly in thinking liao ...

zeamybro
09-06-12, 17:18
You are a good boy! :) Maybe the generations of the 196x, 197x and 198x different greatly in thinking liao ...

Haha I still belong to the gen Y

smallant
10-06-12, 10:39
Moral of story :- never sell yr nest !
The bird will grow up & kick u out of his nest ...
Gd luck ...

radha08
22-06-12, 05:24
Park east leh

i think park east more run down than singapore zoo :doh:

bakasa2002
22-06-12, 11:34

Wah, so condemn ah ... Crescendo park? Just pass by yest, looks ok.

Vincegoh
22-06-12, 12:55
wtf.. now only 7% nett without stamp duty rebate. :mad:

3br units fitting my criteria of 1.6mil, >1200sqft are:
02-39, 03-61, 04-61, 02-67, 02to04-81 :scared-3:

price list attached here...

mkl22
22-06-12, 13:39

was there in May2009. not that bad ley. a little old la. But not that run down la. unless these 3 years it got worse. Or our standards are different.:)

bakasa2002
22-06-12, 14:53
wtf.. now only 7% nett without stamp duty rebate. :mad:

3br units fitting my criteria of 1.6mil, >1200sqft are:
02-39, 03-61, 04-61, 02-67, 02to04-81 :scared-3:

price list attached here...

Their sales pick up from feb/march period. I rem some units are at 9% +sd rebate but agent been updating Fraser is gonna reduce. I guess what they told me is true. U might have to decide soon cos not much good unit left. The other time I went only facing landed ones which was a bit too close for comfort for me. Got one stack faces a gazebo on one of landed. U might want to avoid that cos not gd for fengshui. Agent advice one. Hahahahaha.

Facing siglap rd one think is about 1.4 n cemetery 3br is 1.25 if discount not been revised. :)

yowetan
01-07-12, 16:02
Anyone succeeds in getting good price through private bidding through developer directly?

Laguna
01-07-12, 16:24
Anyone succeeds in getting good price through private bidding through developer directly?
Yes
an tan got one 20% below market

yowetan
01-07-12, 16:31
Yes
an tan got one 20% below market

I did not get one as of now. It would be nice if developer does sell me within my budget.

Laguna
01-07-12, 17:40
I tot u had alr bot Mount Sani PC, weekend landed house in Iskandar and a medical suite at Novena.

yowetan
01-07-12, 17:52
I tot u had alr bot Mount Sani PC, weekend landed house in Iskandar and a medical suite at Novena.

Hi..I am still searching for an affordable Mt Sinai PC.

My weekend landed plan will come in once I secure the primary residence in Mt Sinai.

I am not eligible for the suite, though I am keen.

buttercarp
01-07-12, 18:44

My weekend landed plan will come in once I secure the primary residence in Mt Sinai.

You can always do a postgraduate degree in Medicine (provided you have a Bachelor's degree in other fields in the first place), then after that you will be eligible to buy a suite at Novena.

yowetan
02-07-12, 09:25
You can always do a postgraduate degree in Medicine (provided you have a Bachelor's degree in other fields in the first place), then after that you will be eligible to buy a suite at Novena.

That's a very interesting preposition.

However, I am already in mid thirties and would need the fund for other purpose. Investing in a medicine degree for a property is not viable option for me as of now.

oda
02-07-12, 12:59

cant afford still noiSY KaoZZZ

oda
03-07-12, 12:48
Buy within your means

boom
04-07-12, 08:36
Any updates on prices on Flamingo Valley? As in sales and further discounts?

Can anyone verify if #02-81 is still available? Seems like it was sold when l checked with the agents a couple of weeks ago.

oda
17-07-12, 16:51
bumpz bumpz bumpz

radha08
18-07-12, 20:51
just walked past the showflat....VERY GHOSTLY...:D

bakasa2002
18-07-12, 22:09

Why u take a walk so late up the hill? Got bring bak Kwa? :p

latour
19-07-12, 10:50

One more month to go lar...

mkl22
19-07-12, 17:31
malay ghost no come out during chinese 7th month la....:D

yowetan
21-07-12, 13:00
Is there any attractive deals in Flamingo Valley this weekend?

Laguna
21-07-12, 13:20
Is there any attractive deals in Flamingo Valley this weekend?

The answer is NO

no matter how attractive, it is still far above ur ideal price of 20% below market

yowetan
21-07-12, 13:25
The answer is NO

no matter how attractive, it is still far above ur ideal price of 20% below market

Hi.. thanks. I am still hopeful of it.

bakasa2002
21-07-12, 16:44
malay ghost no come out during chinese 7th month la....:D

It's not 7 mth yet, so maybe they are around?

focus
21-07-12, 19:37
Hi.. thanks. I am still hopeful of it.

No need to HOPE already!
UOB just thrown you a lifeline.
They are giving you 50yrs loan. You can afford your $2mil house immediately.

Laguna
21-07-12, 19:52
No need to HOPE already!
UOB just thrown you a lifeline.
They are giving you 50yrs loan. You can afford your $2mil house immediately.

aiyo
he needs 90% LTV
and staff loan rate

focus
22-07-12, 01:14
aiyo
he needs 90% LTV
and staff loan rate

Even with 50yrs thrown in , he still cannot?
Walau.. ok.. he's really stretching it.

yowetan
22-07-12, 13:31
Even with 50yrs thrown in , he still cannot?
Walau.. ok.. he's really stretching it.

50 years loan is fine, however I prefer my staff loan.

minority
22-07-12, 18:03
50 years loan is fine, however I prefer my staff loan.

50yrs loan. u can go buy Keppel Reflections since now fire sale!

carbuncle
22-07-12, 19:24
ha now we know at least he not working in uob

yowetan
29-07-12, 11:01
What is the status of Flamingo Valley now?

Is there any value buy at 1.3 milion for a 3 bedder?

bakasa2002
29-07-12, 16:42
What is the status of Flamingo Valley now?

Is there any value buy at 1.3 milion for a 3 bedder?

I think there are. Those facing cemetery are below 1.3mil for 990sqf. Do give the agent a call, I'm sure they still have a few units left...

carbuncle
29-07-12, 17:16
from my place I can see the high rise blocks have built to topped out liao...

yowetan
31-07-12, 09:01
Can I assume TOP for Flamingo Valley will bring forward to Q1/Q2 of year 2013?

eng81157
31-07-12, 09:06
I think there are. Those facing cemetery are below 1.3mil for 990sqf. Do give the agent a call, I'm sure they still have a few units left...

good luck if you get one. must consider who is going to buy from you in the future.

yowetan
31-07-12, 09:08
good luck if you get one. must consider who is going to buy from you in the future.

Is cemetery facing really that disturbing?

fclim
31-07-12, 09:26

Yes, if you believe in this story.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/dealing-with-the-dead-in-s%E2%80%99pore--a-gravedigger%E2%80%99s-story-20120729.html

Sleepyhead
31-07-12, 10:08

Depends on what you believe. I know that in Hong Kong, people tend to like buying properties near cemeteries because the perception is that cemeteries are typically built on 'good' ground with good fengshui etc...

But I also think the spook factor will deter some future buyers, and may affect your resale value...

So... if buying for own stay? then go for it if you're not superstitious. For investment? I think there are better options bah....

Sleepyhead
31-07-12, 10:09

I don't think so.. bringing forward by 2 years is quite alarming!

Anyway, whilst some blocks are almost done, others have barely started.... so I think TOP is still a while away.

eng81157
31-07-12, 10:11
Depends on what you believe. I know that in Hong Kong, people tend to like buying properties near cemeteries because the perception is that cemeteries are typically built on 'good' ground with good fengshui etc...

But I also think the spook factor will deter some future buyers, and may affect your resale value...

So... if buying for own stay? then go for it if you're not superstitious. For investment? I think there are better options bah....

well, i'm a rational investor. assuming two properties of equal size, tenure and in close vicinity, i would pick whichever that has a better view instead of one facing a cemetery, unless the latter is going at a substantial discount.

bakasa2002
31-07-12, 10:13

Most recent update is end 2013, think 1Q/2Q too ambitious. :)

Sleepyhead
31-07-12, 10:33
well, i'm a rational investor. assuming two properties of equal size, tenure and in close vicinity, i would pick whichever that has a better view instead of one facing a cemetery, unless the latter is going at a substantial discount.

Siglap V has view of a busy cross road.

FV has view of matured garden, aka. cemetery.

Which is considered a better view then?

Noexit
31-07-12, 11:21
Yup that right Chinese in Hong Kong believe in that, that why a lot of those successful businessman in Hong Kong stay on higher land facing cemeteries. But this project are building in lower ground and cemeteries facing are not facing on the right direction to the wealth or water. I rem reading a newspaper article on property built lower then the dead will bring a lot illness and etc to the owner :violins:anyway that my sharing, anyway end of the day these are non-scientific basis and land in SG are limited and precious, young investment nowadays won't bother much about all these :rocking-the-decks:

hopeful
31-07-12, 11:35
.......land in SG are limited and precious, young investment nowadays won't bother much about all these :rocking-the-decks:

it is not they cant be bothered about all these, beggars cant be choosers.

yowetan
31-07-12, 11:45

Hi. I am intending to get one for home stay.

Sleepyhead
31-07-12, 11:47
Hi. I am intending to get one for home stay.

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Whatcha waiting for?

Sleepyhead
31-07-12, 11:49

Likes!!

ROTFL!

How TRUE!

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

yowetan
31-07-12, 11:57
Buy! Buy! Buy!

Whatcha waiting for?

Budget. I am hoping to get a 3 bedders of 1200-1300sqft for 1.1 mil approximately.

Sleepyhead
31-07-12, 11:59
deleted repeat post

Sleepyhead
31-07-12, 12:01
Budget. I am hoping to get a 3 bedders of 1200-1300sqft for 1.1 mil approximately.

unfortunately, you won't get that at FV no matter how long you wait. you'll have to look at punggol / pasir ris.

eng81157
31-07-12, 12:32
Siglap V has view of a busy cross road.

FV has view of matured garden, aka. cemetery.

Which is considered a better view then?

why compare against siglap V? how about poshgrove east? st patrick's residences? grand duchess?

yowetan
31-07-12, 12:41
unfortunately, you won't get that at FV no matter how long you wait. you'll have to look at punggol / pasir ris.

Punggol is a nice place, however it is not FH/999 leasehold.

samuelk
31-07-12, 12:53

that's only chinese cemetry.

Noexit
31-07-12, 12:54
No matter what, investing in property is not a small amounts. Is still good to study well on the surrounding, existing property market in this district and compare few property before deciding further. :blueball:

carbuncle
31-07-12, 14:21
Yes, if you believe in this story.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/dealing-with-the-dead-in-s%E2%80%99pore--a-gravedigger%E2%80%99s-story-20120729.html

Incredible Tales material...

yowetan
31-07-12, 14:24
I find the place serene, and of prestige address with good environment. However, the cemetery indeed bothers me thus I am hoping to have a better offer in view of that.

Vinze
01-08-12, 13:47
Fyi ,
To those waiting for a better deal @ fv or hoping for developer to cut price
Pls be realistic..

Only 2 units of 3 bedrm lefT in the entire project

#01-02 1152sqft
#04-24 990sqft

Discount is nett @ 5% + stamp duty rebate ( of which is said soon to remove )

Since march 2012 price has risen from 9% discount plus stamp duty
To todays 5% + stamp duty

Noexit
01-08-12, 14:34
But seen like limited choice now and since the discount given had already reduced from 9% to 5%, you suggestion is to move on to see other project offering better discount and rates? meanwhile how much is those two unit left selling at? Advisable to consider these two last unit or bcos of their lousy layout and unit number that they are not advisable to buy and further more with less discount.

Fyi ,
Pls be realistic..

#01-02 1152sqft
#04-24 990sqft

yowetan
01-08-12, 16:24
Fyi ,
Pls be realistic..

#01-02 1152sqft
#04-24 990sqft

It is indeed a pity to learn developer refuses to be kinder for home seekers.

samuelk
01-08-12, 16:38
looks like not many bother on cemetry. Another sold out project or more units releasing soon?

yowetan
01-08-12, 16:43
looks like not many bother on cemetry. Another sold out project or more units releasing soon?

I was there in the showflat in end March to early April then.

It was true that 9% discount with Stamp duty offer tabled to me. Adding to what you think - I do not see any units witheld by the developer. In fact, I have the feeling that developer has already release all units and trying their best to clear them.

Flamingo Valley is a nice development with exquisite finishing and landscaping concept; however, the price is abit tad higher than my budget and the lack of good primary school somehow puts me in a limbo.

I would appreciate if someone could get back to me on this development with a 1.3mil and below for a 3 bedder of >1150sqft.

Vincegoh
01-08-12, 17:04
I would appreciate if someone could get back to me on this development with a 1.3mil and below for a 3 bedder of >1150sqft.

:rolleyes:

zzz1
01-08-12, 21:29
just ask them to stimulate the feeling via walking along Upp Aljunied Rd (Mount Venon)...

but sometime. human may be more scary then "them"

Sleepyhead
01-08-12, 23:07

Would you if you were a developer? They are not charities! :doh:

bakasa2002
01-08-12, 23:21
I was there in the showflat in end March to early April then.

It was true that 9% discount with Stamp duty offer tabled to me. Adding to what you think - I do not see any units witheld by the developer. In fact, I have the feeling that developer has already release all units and trying their best to clear them.

Flamingo Valley is a nice development with exquisite finishing and landscaping concept; however, the price is abit tad higher than my budget and the lack of good primary school somehow puts me in a limbo.

There's opera estate primary though not as elite as Henry park... :)

Even when discount was at 9% w SD rebate, there's nothing at 1.3mil cos I was quoted 1.4mil for the cheapest unit. :)

Sleepyhead
02-08-12, 22:13
There's opera estate primary though not as elite as Henry park... :)

Even when discount was at 9% w SD rebate, there's nothing at 1.3mil cos I was quoted 1.4mil for the cheapest unit. :)

Who knows... With PR's pushed out of the top schools.... opera primary may one day be top too! I remember when Rosyth was just a neighborhood school... Look at it now! top 5 ok!!

oda
13-08-12, 15:22
Just sms the agent attended to me on whether the cemetery facing still available for the 3 bedroom. WAHLAUUUWOIIIII all 3 bedroom in the project is GONE!! DIE LA... :(

oda
13-08-12, 15:24

Developer running charity ah?? LOL

eng81157
13-08-12, 15:44
Just sms the agent attended to me on whether the cemetery facing still available for the 3 bedroom. WAHLAUUUWOIIIII all 3 bedroom in the project is GONE!! DIE LA... :(

maybe yowetan snapped up the last unit.

gn108
13-08-12, 16:36
He's waiting for Mt Sinai ...and waiting ...and getting sympathy advice from forummers.

maybe yowetan snapped up the last unit.

Sleepyhead
13-08-12, 16:47

so did you manage to find out what else is still available? :confused:

Trapping-bird
13-08-12, 20:09
He's waiting for Mt Sinai ...and waiting ...and getting sympathy advice from forummers.

He is the greatest joke of the year..

oda
14-08-12, 11:11
No $$$ buy HDB LAR... hahaha!

oda
14-08-12, 11:29

No idea Sleepyhead but i have this feeling this project will be sold out in 6 months time.

gn108
14-08-12, 11:49
Henry Park School la ...

No $$$ buy HDB LAR... hahaha!

bakasa2002
14-08-12, 11:59

Mostly the 4br, PH I suppose, rem they are harder to sell I was told when I visited some time ago ...

mkl22
15-08-12, 11:18
Mostly the 4br, PH I suppose, rem they are harder to sell I was told when I visited some time ago ...

no ley. seems like 4br are popular nowadays since not many developments have them anymore. probably priced too high la. tough to move.

those 4br facing NE looks pretty good. but too bad all sold.

phantom_opera
15-08-12, 13:56
29 units sold in July median 1,270psf highest 1,580psf

developers break even already ... the remaining 15-20% units can slowly sell

bakasa2002
15-08-12, 14:51
probably priced too high la. tough to move.

That's what I meant ... :) Price is about $1250psf? It's just that quantum too high I suppose ... More than 2mil easily. :)

bakasa2002
15-08-12, 14:52

bro, you are fast, results are out and you posted so soon, suspect you have a mole in URA. Hehehehe ....

oda
16-08-12, 10:17

1580PSF HIGHEST?! @_@

sepiafeathers
16-08-12, 20:23
any idea when this dev would be ready?

Sleepyhead
17-08-12, 08:36
any idea when this dev would be ready?

Official TOP is Q1 2015... Agents are marketing Q1 2014.

yowetan
17-08-12, 10:16
Official TOP is Q1 2015... Agents are marketing Q1 2014.

Hi. May I know the reality then? Will it TOP in 2014 or 2015 then?

If it is 2015, I think I will bite if the Flamingo Valley is of right value(s) that fits to my budget of 1.1-1.3mil for a 3 bedder.

If any kind agents who has this 3 bedder unit at this price, which doesnt face the mature garden, please do inform me. TIA.

Sleepyhead
17-08-12, 13:00
If it is 2015, I think I will bite if the Flamingo Valley is of right value(s) that fits to my budget of 1.1-1.3mil for a 3 bedder.

Sigh.. here we go again.. 'Right Value that Fits your Budget'.... that phrase says it all.. It is the right value, but doesn't fit your budget... or if it fits your budget, that means it's the wrong value... bro, you're in a catch 22 situation... don't think you'll ever find a unit here if even if you repeat your mantra of 'Right Value That Fits Your Budget' a million times.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

gn108
17-08-12, 13:08
Up the Sinai mountain and down the Valley of Flamingoes...

xenopheous
17-08-12, 18:01
Hi. May I know the reality then? Will it TOP in 2014 or 2015 then?

If any kind agents who has this 3 bedder unit at this price, which doesnt face the mature garden, please do inform me. TIA.

How come no nobody ban such repeated posting of nonsense?

from Mt sinai to Siglap to Punggol.

repeated posting of unrealistic comments wasting resources and pissing everyone off.

Freehold doesn't come cheap, you want it? pay for it. If not, just shut up and hide in your corner.

sepiafeathers
17-08-12, 19:27
got a 3 bedder here last yr! my agent said it could be end of next yr but judging by your responses here..looks like 2014 is more likely. might pop by to check out the progress this weekend!!

yowetan
17-08-12, 21:25
How come no nobody ban such repeated posting of nonsense?

from Mt sinai to Siglap to Punggol.

repeated posting of unrealistic comments wasting resources and pissing everyone off.

Freehold doesn't come cheap, you want it? pay for it. If not, just shut up and hide in your corner.

Hi. Thanks for contributing your first post criticising me.

Akira Fudou
17-08-12, 21:57
because he can tolerate no more lol

bakasa2002
18-08-12, 01:11
got a 3 bedder here last yr! my agent said it could be end of next yr but judging by your responses here..looks like 2014 is more likely. might pop by to check out the progress this weekend!!

It's possible for late nx yr or early 2014 cos the current showflat is already in one of the completed blocks and front there u can see the progress of the rest of the site... Do pop in for a better picture...:)

yowetan
18-08-12, 13:00
There is an advertisement in straitstimes today; it is indeed a enticing project.

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 13:20
There is an advertisement in straitstimes today; it is indeed a enticing project.

your obsession about freehold, big size will forever means u won't make it :doh:

yowetan
18-08-12, 13:24
your obsession about freehold, big size will forever means u won't make it :doh:

Hi. It is still possible. The market can go both ways at this juncture. We surely unable to predict what will happen in next 6-8 months.

If there should be any correction happening, the opportunities will be there and abundant. Anyway, coming back to Flamingo Valley I feel it is a good development but it could be more enticing if the price could go slightly lower perhaps to 10xx to 1150psf.

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 13:25
Hi. It is still possible. The market can go both ways at this juncture. We surely unable to predict what will happen in next 6-8 months.

If there should be any correction happening, the opportunities will be there and abundant. Anyway, coming back to Flamingo Valley I feel it is a good development but it could be more enticing if the price could go slightly lower perhaps to 10xx to 1150psf.

you never factor in another possibility, market up 1% each quarter, just enough to counter wage increase or inflation

yowetan
18-08-12, 13:33
you never factor in another possibility, market up 1% each quarter, just enough to counter wage increase or inflation

Hi. I just have to work double hard to identify value buy then. I prefer to see it positively.

zeamybro
18-08-12, 14:19
Yowetan, have u contacted any agent and try throwing in your offers? Sometimes they may be able to work something out to match as close to your offer as possible..

It really happens to 1 of my friends who got an additional 1.5% discount for another BUC project in the east side .... Another friend who bought a similar unit 1 week before him under a different agent did not enjoy this discount though.

minority
18-08-12, 15:28
Hi. I just have to work double hard to identify value buy then. I prefer to see it positively.

Then why not start working 3X harder now? u can just go buy now.! close ur eyes and jump.

yowetan
21-08-12, 10:36
Yowetan, have u contacted any agent and try throwing in your offers? Sometimes they may be able to work something out to match as close to your offer as possible..

It really happens to 1 of my friends who got an additional 1.5% discount for another BUC project in the east side .... Another friend who bought a similar unit 1 week before him under a different agent did not enjoy this discount though.

Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try.

Laguna
21-08-12, 10:44
what left now are all the lousy units.....

yowetan
21-08-12, 11:52
what left now are all the lousy units.....

Hi. Thanks. I am wondering if they will offer attractive price to accomodate my expectation.

xenopheous
21-08-12, 13:49
I pretty sure the Land beside flamingo valley, will have attractive pricing. since now is 7th month, It is a good time to speak to its occupants to sell that big piece of FREEHOLD land at 1.1-1.3m. And I very sure that they are very sympathatic to homebuyers unlike Developers. And if market goes Downward, can close eyes and jump in immediately to be buried there. :hell-hath-no-fury:

eng81157
21-08-12, 14:12
I pretty sure the Land beside flamingo valley, will have attractive pricing. since now is 7th month, It is a good time to speak to its occupants to sell that big piece of FREEHOLD land at 1.1-1.3m. And I very sure that they are very sympathatic to homebuyers unlike Developers. And if market goes Downward, can close eyes and jump in immediately to be buried there. :hell-hath-no-fury:

not unless you are a muslim........

pengful
21-08-12, 14:44
Hi. Thanks. I am wondering if they will offer attractive price to accomodate my expectation.

Hey, what about HDB flat in Ghim Moh? Not pursuing that anymore?

yowetan
21-08-12, 20:09
Hey, what about HDB flat in Ghim Moh? Not pursuing that anymore?

Hi. I am spreading and putting my option(s) open.

yowetan
21-08-12, 22:04
It's possible for late nx yr or early 2014 cos the current showflat is already in one of the completed blocks and front there u can see the progress of the rest of the site... Do pop in for a better picture...:)

Hi. Are you still trying to get one unit in Flamingo Valley?

yowetan
25-08-12, 20:46
Today I have passed by the Siglap road, and I have observed the development is developing fast and swift.

I am really yearning to have Mt Sinai or Siglap property and I am really feel like going for it.

Trapping-bird
25-08-12, 22:35
Today I have passed by the Siglap road, and I have observed the development is developing fast and swift.

I am really yearning to have Mt Sinai or Siglap property and I am really feel like going for it.

Go buy la dun talk many many then in the end no $$.

Laguna
25-08-12, 22:55

u will still talk the same one year later

yowetan
25-08-12, 23:28
u will still talk the same one year later
I hope I be a owner of a private property by next year.

Sleepyhead
26-08-12, 16:25
I hope I be a owner of a private property by next year.

Then what you waiting for? Anyway, FV no more 3 bedders....

yowetan
26-08-12, 16:55
Then what you waiting for? Anyway, FV no more 3 bedders....

Hi. Thanks for the update. It is a pity three bedders are sold off.

bakasa2002
26-08-12, 17:44
Hi. Are you still trying to get one unit in Flamingo Valley?

No longer trying, gave up about same time as Radha bro. I guess u are more optimistic than we are and admire your preserverence. :)

yowetan
26-08-12, 17:53
No longer trying, gave up about same time as Radha bro. I guess u are more optimistic than we are and admire your preserverence. :)

Hi bakasa2002. Do not give up easily, stay positive and understand your objective and agenda. I always believe there will be opportunities if we set our approach right, of coz with the right timing and chance.

Being said, I will try luck sounding out a few agents to see if I manage to get any units in Mt Sinai and Flamingo Valley @ Siglap.

I know where I want (location), and how I go about it (Loan at LTV 90% under company scheme) and why I should go about it (Children, environment and future) and what (size of unit) I should get to house my family members.

Why should I give up when chance(s) are abundant. I believe the chance is lingering now.

oda
29-08-12, 11:36
Talk also no point if there's no ACTION :-p~~~~~~~~

Sleepyhead
01-09-12, 10:41
Heard that new showroom is opening today.

yowetan
02-09-12, 13:42
Heard that new showroom is opening today.

The new showflat is targeting at the bigger units?

Many people in this forum says the 3 bedders are all taken up?

radha08
04-09-12, 00:48

somebody mention my name...ha ha..i still talking rubbish in other thread...meanwhile KEEPING a very close eye on prop guru....BUT yes for the MOMENT...GIVE UP LA...:sleep::sleep::sleep:

yowetan
07-09-12, 14:22
Hi.. Is 1.57mil SGD 3 bedder dual unit a good deal?

carbuncle
07-09-12, 14:38
what size? layout?

yowetan
07-09-12, 14:41
what size? layout?

It is a 1206sqft. 3 bedders, dual key unit. Type D3 layout.

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 16:40
should be this one

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9215291/for-sale-flamingo-valley

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 16:43
if dual key is really value for money for 1.57m (1300psf) at D15 freehold, as far as I know Tampines Trilliant EC dual key is already 1m

you make the right choice, Trizon is not suitable for you ... your family must be very happy that finally your dream comes true .. .no more stress and torture

this is very close to landed living :cheers4:

yowetan
07-09-12, 16:45
if dual key is really value for money for 1.57m at D15 freehold, as far as I know Tampines Trilliant EC dual key is already 1m

you make the right choice, Trizon is not suitable for you

Hi. Thanks. Dual unit has never cross my mind before.

However, I decided to go for it since I have had the plan of accomodating my parents, in-laws, my wife's brother, dog and my two kids. Hence, the space seems reasonable.

Within the reach comes the opera primary which is not that far for my kids, and ERL will certainly helps to send myself and wife to the rightful working office.

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 16:47

However, I decided to go for it since I have had the plan of accomodating my parents, in-laws, my wife's brother, dog and my two kids. Hence, the space seems reasonable.

Within the reach comes the opera primary which is not that far for my kids, and ERL will certainly helps to send myself and wife to the rightful working office.

Yeah, dual key will help your parents or in-laws to have more privacy too

Welcome to the bull camp .... Mr B should learn from you :cheers4:

azeoprop
07-09-12, 16:47
Congrats! Dual key is a good option for 3 generation living. Good for you! :cheers4:

carbuncle
07-09-12, 16:49
should be this one

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9215291/for-sale-flamingo-valley

The #02 unit?

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 16:52
http://www.addytan.com/images/Floor%20Plan%20Type%20D3-2.JPG

carbuncle
07-09-12, 16:53
It is a 1206sqft. 3 bedders, dual key unit. Type D3 layout.

http://www.addytan.com/images/Floor Plan Type D3-2.JPG

carbuncle
07-09-12, 16:55
Ha u beat me to it!!!!!!

Is a very nice layout

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 16:55
Welcome to the East ... many TCSS kakis here stay in D16 area I suspect ;)

yowetan
07-09-12, 16:56
Ha u beat me to it!!!!!!

Is a very nice layout

I am surprised to learn you are eyeing for it too.

There are some left - ranges from 1.6+ to 1.7+ mil SGD with better facing.

carbuncle
07-09-12, 16:57
I am surprised to learn you are eyeing for it too.

There are some left - ranges from 1.6+ to 1.7+ mil SGD with better facing.

No la i mean bro phantom beat me to posting the layout la hahaha

carbuncle
07-09-12, 16:59
Hey.... U r not thinking to squeeze everyone into the two bedder and rent out the studio to get more cashflow are u.....

azeoprop
07-09-12, 16:59
So now even yowetan has bought.... How can the market crash when so many people are waiting to buy? :beats-me-man:

yowetan
07-09-12, 17:00
Hey.... U r not thinking to squeeze everyone into the two bedder and rent out the studio to get more cashflow are u.....

Hi.. I have not thought of that. I may explore that if I have problem financing it.

I am financing it with 90% loan.

carbuncle
07-09-12, 17:01
Hi.. I have not thought of that. I may explore that if I have problem financing it.

I am financing it with 90% loan.

50yrs.....?

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:01

Hey dun give him terrible (for his family) idea man

:doh:

yowetan
07-09-12, 17:02
50yrs.....?

Hi. I am on staff loan 35 years @ 90% loan quantum.

Vincegoh
07-09-12, 17:03
Hi. I am on staff loan 35 years @ 90% loan quantum.
congrats...
so wad's the discount developer offered? gotch stamp duty absorption boh?

carbuncle
07-09-12, 17:03
So exciting...

When it top remember to invite all D16 kakis radha, laguna, buttercarp, phantom and me (if i still in D16) for bbq....

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:04
that is where his advantage is ... he is bank staff, no problem getting 90% loan

but i thought if 2nd loan will subject to LTV 60%, is this your first loan??!!

The Road to Mt Sinai no more ... please write The Road to Flamingo Valley :cheers4:

carbuncle
07-09-12, 17:05
that is where his advantage is ... he is bank staff, no problem getting 90% loan

Ya since when he said he holding existing pvt? Only read abt his own hdb n FIL hdb... Oh his hdb paid full????

yowetan
07-09-12, 17:06

The Road to Mt Sinai no more ... please write The Road to Flamingo Valley :cheers4:

This is my 2nd loan. I am still financing my Tiong Bahru HDB.

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:06
Ya since when he said he holding existing pvt? Only read abt his own hdb n FIL hdb... Oh his hdb paid full????

may be his HDB loan owner is his parents

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:07
This is my 2nd loan. I am still financing my Tiong Bahru HDB.

wah ... bank so daring ... loan you 90% for this and bend the 60% LTV :scared-4: :confused:

which bank u join hah? I also want to loan 90% leh :p

PN
07-09-12, 17:10

The layout posted by bro PO shows 3 bedrooms in total

You, wife & 2 kids take the master bedroom
Parent take one
PIL take the 3rd room
Your wife's brother sleep where?

yowetan
07-09-12, 17:12

Parent take one
PIL take the 3rd room

The living area is spacious.

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:13

Parent take one
PIL take the 3rd room

no problem one lah ... worse come to worse SOHO in living area :o

carbuncle
07-09-12, 17:14
I can see the low rise stacks top attic frame is up. The high rise stacks seem almost complete structurally. 2013 TOP possible.

yowetan
07-09-12, 17:14
no problem one lah ... got HS or not :o

Hi. No HS.

carbuncle
07-09-12, 17:15
wah ... bank so daring ... loan you 90% for this and bend the 60% LTV :scared-4: :confused:

which bank u join hah? I also want to loan 90% leh :p

The hdb may not be a bank loan but hdb loan.

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:16
The hdb may not be a bank loan but hdb loan.

I thought the 60% LTV is applicable if your first loan is HDB loan also ... :simmering: it really sounds like potential subprime to me if this is the case where bank staff bypass this rule

yowetan
07-09-12, 17:19
I thought the 60% LTV is applicable if your first loan is HDB loan also ... :simmering: it really sounds like potential subprime to me if this is the case where bank staff bypass this rule

I am under staff loan scheme which is not under jurisdication of MAS LTV limit.

azeoprop
07-09-12, 17:19
Everybody sleep in the studio and rent out the 2 bedroom. Just buy 4 x double decker bunk beds and put in the studio.

:D

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:21

looks like i need to join your bank to bypass this stupid LTV rule :rolleyes: can new employee enjoy this 90% loan thingy?

PN
07-09-12, 17:24
The living area is spacious.

Hmm... All the best

bakasa2002
07-09-12, 17:38
Eh, std 3br already 1.5x mil. U sure dual key is 1.57mil???

Worsty
07-09-12, 17:38
So now you're bonded to your bank for the duration of the loan. Is this something you can accept?

mkl22
07-09-12, 17:56
I went to see the dual key unit too. But alas, no utility and yard area. Not too used to that. The show flat also seemed rather cramped. I wonder how is Howe gonna squeeze so many.

Laguna
07-09-12, 19:09
aiyo, one of the forumers txt me : "Ah Tan bot FV, finally some excited thing come to the forum, Everyone congrate him and whether I still look down on him."

Firstly, congrat to Ah Tan on the purchase of his 4th property. It took so long and so many of us, much efforts to tell him that Mt Sinai route is too difficult for him. At least, a more sensible decision is taken even though it is so late, but better than never.

I think, we would expect some threads from him like
1. How to get into Tao Nan School?
2. How to make full use of the condo facilities, like showing in the condo bathroom etc.

90% loan is definitely not a wise choice for own stay property as interest expense is not deductible against rental income from other properties. Interest is matched specifically property to rental of that property.

I am thinking of buying Eco for my son, and I will take a look of FV this weekend and perhaps, getting FV for my son, and let him be Ah Tan's neighour and private eye of this forum.

indomie
07-09-12, 19:16
Congrat yowentan... How much monthly payment do u have to pay? It must be quite sizeable

eng81157
07-09-12, 19:45
Congrat yowentan... How much monthly payment do u have to pay? It must be quite sizeable

dont think he bought any

yowetan
07-09-12, 19:55

Hi..it is around 4.1K approximately based on 90%, 35 years loan tenure.

yowetan
07-09-12, 20:01
aiyo, one of the forumers txt me : "Ah Tan bot FV, finally some excited thing come to the forum, Everyone congrate him and whether I still look down on him."

Firstly, congrat to Ah Tan on the purchase of his 4th property. It took so long and so many of us, much efforts to tell him that Mt Sinai route is too difficult for him. At least, a more sensible decision is taken even though it is so late, but better than never.

I think, we would expect some threads from him like
1. How to get into Tao Nan School?
2. How to make full use of the condo facilities, like showing in the condo bathroom etc.

90% loan is definitely not a wise choice for own stay property as interest expense is not deductible against rental income from other properties. Interest is matched specifically property to rental of that property.

I am thinking of buying Eco for my son, and I will take a look of FV this weekend and perhaps, getting FV for my son, and let him be Ah Tan's neighour and private eye of this forum.

Hi. Thank you for your well-wishes.

You are welcome to get one unit and it will be nice to have you or/and your son be my neighbour.

As mentioned earlier, there are several units with better facing and space available in dual units type. However, they cost 1.6 mil and above which is way above my budget.

indomie
07-09-12, 20:47
I admire your determination and your ability to squeeze and stretch every ounce of your finances to get what u want.... Not to mention bravery.

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 20:52

yowetan, if your family income is 10k, it is going to be tough if interest rate goes up

but who knows rate might stay very low at this level for donkey years to come and you might be able to sell one of your HDBs when it hits 1m and cut down your debt

still your gearing is very high, assuming you still have outstanding loan of 400k, that means your total debt now will be around 1.8m ... that is way too high for a family with 10k income per month

yowetan
07-09-12, 21:04
yowetan, if your family income is 10k, it is going to be tough if interest rate goes up

but who knows rate might stay very low at this level for donkey years to come and you might be able to sell one of your HDBs when it hits 1m and cut down your debt

still your gearing is very high, assuming you still have outstanding loan of 400k, that means your total debt now will be around 1.8m ... that is way too high for a family with 10k income per month

Hi. My current household income is around 7k+SGD.

I am combining the household income with my parents and in-laws disposal income of 5++K SGD monthly. Thus there is a total of 12+++KSGD disposal cashflow.

Yes, thank you for reading my posts - My current HDB flat has an outstanding loan of 450k approximately. The loan is from SCB @ 0.65+Sibor rate.

The second loan as mentioned will be based on the 90% of the purchased price, at the rate of Sibor+SOR combination with base rate of 0.40%.

hyenergix
07-09-12, 21:20
Hi. My current household income is around 7k+SGD.

I am combining the household income with my parents and in-laws disposal income of 5++K SGD monthly. Thus there is a total of 12+++KSGD disposal cashflow.

Yes, thank you for reading my posts - My current HDB flat has an outstanding loan of 450k approximately. The loan is from SCB @ 0.65+Sibor rate.

The second loan as mentioned will be based on the 90% of the purchased price, at the rate of Sibor+SOR combination with base rate of 0.40%.

Good to get a FH condo. I hope you don't over-stretch yourself and have insurance for protection against unforeseen.

yowetan
07-09-12, 21:24
Good to get a FH condo. I hope you don't over-stretch yourself and have insurance for protection against unforeseen.

Thanks. I am also worried about this though I remain positive over this.

There is another unit 840sqft 2 bedder going for 1.17milSGD. Do you all think it is a good price unit? I am intending to ask my friend to get it.

kskong2000
07-09-12, 22:39
Mr tan, I do admire your determination but wonder is it so important to own a condo? Taking such a long term commitment by including ur paren and pil income who might be at the age of retirement. Also ur kids will be growing up in such crowded room.

Anyway, congratulation to u.. Although I never make comment, i do sometime follow ur news..

Parent take one
PIL take the 3rd room

sh
07-09-12, 22:46
Congrats... Everyone is following you story.:cheers4:

Hope you made the right choice.... Property prices go up....

Everyone Huat ah!:cheers1:

Except mr b....:doh:

yowetan
07-09-12, 22:47
Mr tan, I do admire your determination but wonder is it so important to own a condo? Taking such a long term commitment by including ur paren and pil income who might be at the age of retirement. Also ur kids will be growing up in such crowded room.

Anyway, congratulation to u.. Although I never make comment, i do sometime follow ur news..

Hi.. It is not important to own a condo, but owning an asset I appreciate.

I believe Mt Sinai or Siglap area will improve and help my kids in future.

minority
07-09-12, 23:03

I would be worried if I am ur parents where the disposal income is being used to pay for the home. ur disposal income have to consider daily expenses too.

bakasa2002
07-09-12, 23:06
Yowetan, which stack did u buy? Got a friend keen too...

30years
07-09-12, 23:39
Hi.. It is not important to own a condo, but owning an asset I appreciate.

I believe Mt Sinai or Siglap area will improve and help my kids in future.

If you are someone I know and care about, I would strongly advise you to return the unit back to the developer.

I offer no reason for my advice. Just my sixth sense telling me that it is not wise for you to buy now.

CondoInterested
07-09-12, 23:45
Parents & In Laws staying together :jaw-dropping:

Let's imagine :scared-1:

You are brave ...

Sleepyhead
07-09-12, 23:48
Congrats bro!

:cheers3:

Very happy that you finally Took the plunge!

zeamybro
08-09-12, 00:31
Congrats yowetan. Since u hv already made yr choice, the next thing u could focus on is to work extremely hard, aim for promotions, huge pay rise etc

All the best to you!

Rein
08-09-12, 00:58
Even though Im new to this forum, I really feel happy for Yowetan for accomplising his dream

Huat AR~~~~

lifeline
08-09-12, 07:27
my heartiest congratulations to you Yowetan !!!
finally you found what you wanted.
Life is getting better and better day by day ...
Live well !

Cheers,
lifeline

alamak
08-09-12, 08:30
I would be worried if I am ur parents where the disposal income is being used to pay for the home. ur disposal income have to consider daily expenses too.

I have a friend 20 years ago who beg me to "buy" in name his landed-semi as he fear the bank will forfeit his house after losing a big-paid job due to sudden retrenchment. I never asked the details. He was such a senior chap but yet he never do his calculation right. Maybe he has other investments as well. Obviously he was threading on very thin rope or walking on ice as some might said.

Just to share.

Reisor
08-09-12, 08:33
Parents & In Laws staying together :jaw-dropping:

Let's imagine :scared-1:

You are brave ...

I really do not think it is a good idea for parents of both sides to live together. The only common interest may be the grand children which might be the subject of squabbles over bringing up issues, discipline etc.

I have even seen & experienced spouse & MIL issue after 10 over years even though everything seems fine for a decade.

Every family need own personal space and an apartment may not be suitable for such kind of communal living. Only those kampong, multiple mansions, multi-floor apartments can accommodate.

Since it's been bought, can also change plans for how to stay. Happiness in a family can only be found in a home, not in a house.

radha08
08-09-12, 08:33
I have a friend 20 years ago who beg me to "buy" in name his landed-semi as he fear the bank will forfeit his house after losing a big-paid job due to sudden retrenchment. I never asked the details. He was such a senior chap but yet he never do his calculation right. Maybe he has other investments as well. Obviously he was threading on very thin rope or walking on ice as some might said.

Just to share.

if he managed to hold his semi-d until today he would be very very very very....RICH$$$$$:rolleyes:

alamak
08-09-12, 08:50
my heartiest congratulations to you Yowetan !!!
finally you found what you wanted.
Life is getting better and better day by day ...
Live well !

Cheers,
lifeline

I never comprehend when some people say "life is getting better and better day by day " and "accomplishing your dream" if you suddenly realise that you are sustaining a 3 tonne rock on your shoulder.

Life can only getting better and better when you have time to chill at the pool and sleep soundly at night and you can then say you have realised your dream else you are just sustaining your dream.

carbuncle
08-09-12, 08:54
There is always the option of the studio as the .cooling off. room....

alamak
08-09-12, 09:00

Just to share.

and yet another professional-turned taxi driver in 2002 and barely-turned forties kenna stroke. Wife sold Melville Park condo for barely $400K (bght for $600K) to some Indian PR after staying in for 6 years. That's is living you dream or merely sustaining your dream or should I say a dream turned into reality.

Sleepyhead
08-09-12, 10:16
I never comprehend when some people say "life is getting better and better day by day " and "accomplishing your dream" if you suddenly realise that you are sustaining a 3 tonne rock on your shoulder.

Life can only getting better and better when you have time to chill at the pool and sleep soundly at night and you can then say you have realised your dream else you are just sustaining your dream.

In ah tan's defense... The upsides are more likely than the downsides right? So it's right to take the plunge in his property decision.. No risk. No reward.l

If touch wood things turn sour, he can always sell up and return to one of his two HDBs.. Not as if he has no options and must live under the expressway....

phantom_opera
08-09-12, 10:25
Ah taN joined the dark side, there is no turning back now, pledge your loyalty to emperor PAPatine by completing the s n p

samuelk
08-09-12, 10:42
bro yr story don't telly. You sure yr data provided is correct.:scared-4:

alamak
08-09-12, 11:14
bro yr story don't telly. You sure yr data provided is correct.:scared-4:

This staff housing loan thing is very much of the past for big private Corp inclu. GLC. In current economic climate only financial institutions and banks are willing to include such staff welfare incentive, i think.

Laguna
08-09-12, 11:20
家中有九口
再加狗一口
同住千尺屋
同挤沙发椅
同吃大锅饭
同盖大棉被
是灾或是福
见仁见智也

Cyberknight
08-09-12, 11:38
This staff housing loan thing is very much of the past for big private Corp inclu. GLC. In current economic climate only financial institutions and banks are willing to include such staff welfare incentive, i think.

Staff housing are still available up to 90% in many of e banks, however, the MAS regulations is over riding and will still need to apply. Especially if it is a second loan, can only borrow up to 60%.

Yowe tan,

I will suggest you double check, triple check with your staff benefits admin.

Vincegoh
08-09-12, 12:21
congrats...
so wad's the discount developer offered? gotch stamp duty absorption boh?
Can share what deals u got on your purchase?

Also, can share your agrnt's contact? My friend is also keen on getting a dual key unit.

yowetan
08-09-12, 13:45
Staff housing are still available up to 90% in many of e banks, however, the MAS regulations is over riding and will still need to apply. Especially if it is a second loan, can only borrow up to 60%.

Yowe tan,

I will suggest you double check, triple check with your staff benefits admin.

Hi. Thanks for the kind reminder.

Yes, my bank works in a way where I need to submit OTP then they will confirm if they will approve my staff loan. I have also asked my inter department colleague to calculate my Debt Servicing Ratio - we are safe to go. Last, this loan will only be applicable for own-stay purchase.

yowetan
08-09-12, 13:47
Can share what deals u got on your purchase?

Also, can share your agrnt's contact? My friend is also keen on getting a dual key unit.

Hi.. Now the deals are only for 1.6 to 1.7milSGD for blk 31 and blk 82?
All agents are the same. No much special discounts.

phantom_opera
08-09-12, 13:52
yowetan ... did your bank take into consideration your PIL/parents HDB rentals when assessing you? I would say they are daredevils to lend you 1.4m based on 7k+ income from you/wife

yowetan
08-09-12, 13:53
yowetan ... did your bank take into consideration your PIL/parents HDB rentals when assessing you? I would say they are daredevils to lend you 1.4m based on 7k+ income from you/wife

Hi..Yes, I did reported in my parents and in-laws rental income.

I am also intending to rent out my Tiong Bahru HDB once FV TOP.

It will then increase another 2-3k disposal income.

phantom_opera
08-09-12, 13:55
Hi..Yes, I did reported in my parents and in-laws rental income.

I am also intending to rent out my Tiong Bahru HDB once FV TOP.

It will then increase another 2-3k disposal income.

So you include your PIL/parents income into your IRAS annual income assessment? Or your bank just blindly trust you about the other two HDBs?

It sounds too good to be true :tongue3:

yowetan
08-09-12, 14:00
So you include your PIL/parents income into your IRAS annual income assessment? Or your bank just blindly trust you about the other two HDBs?

It sounds too good to be true :tongue3:

My PIL and parents income will go to our IRAS - my wife specifically. We have two kids and rental income will be offset from parenthood rebates. I am supporting 4 elders so we can claim 4 elders income tax rebates.

phantom_opera
08-09-12, 14:03
My PIL and parents income will go to our IRAS - my wife specifically. We have two kids and rental income will be offset from parenthood rebates. I am supporting 4 elders so we can claim 4 elders income tax rebates.

:not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy:

You and your wife are the only son/daughter?? I thought she has a brother .... he never makes noise?? :tsk-tsk:

yowetan
08-09-12, 14:06
:not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy:

You and your wife are the only son/daughter?? I thought she has a brother .... he never makes noise?? :tsk-tsk:

Her elder brother is earning 1.2-1.4k...He don't need the rebate.

alamak
08-09-12, 14:25

On this notion of inheritance (or rather passing on of worthy assets when the elderly passed on ...) it has become some kind of issues for many family. It is simple and straight forward for those single son/daughter family. For those with siblings it often becomes a big sensitive issue when no will is indicative and when the son always assume he is carrying the family name and so is the sole right to family ..after all marrying out daughter /son-in-law should not be factored in ...

Just look at the $8 million house bro-sisters court case. :doh: