PDA

View Full Version : The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

azeoprop
06-08-10, 18:20
Just bought a high floor stack 52 for 646k today. Hopefully it will be a good buy. Suffering from buyer's remorse now haa haa. :doh:

sleek
06-08-10, 18:30
Wah! Congrats! Your 3rd one already! What the size? :cheers1:

Just bought a high floor stack 52 for 646k today. Hopefully it will be a good buy. Suffering from buyer's remorse now haa haa. :doh:

devilplate
06-08-10, 18:36

congrats:cheers1:

no nid to regret lah...u r quite safe...if market crash, scala/greenwich will POK first:D

any updates from u on the sales figure so far? how many 1bedders left?

btw, wat makes u buy minton at this stage....due to scala/greenwich launch prices? hehe :D

cashrich
06-08-10, 19:03

no nid to regret lah...u r quite safe...if market crash, scala/greenwich will POK first:D

btw, wat makes u buy minton at this stage....due to scala/greenwich launch prices? hehe :D

wrong... if market crash.. it will affectthose already completed ones...

but u r right to say that her investments is safe as those under construction are under progressive payment.

azeoprop
06-08-10, 19:39

I think there are a total of 4 or 5 units of 1 bedder left. They are from stack 51 and 48. I bought the last of the stack 52, which was the cheapest left. All are 700sqft which I think is very generous for 1 bedder self stay. :) I've check streetsine, the price has not increase much also.

10D Hougang Street 11 #13-52
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$902
$631k
28 Jun 10

10D Hougang Street 11 #11-52
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$876
$613k
30 Jun 10

The agent said about 500+ units sold so far.

shauntanzs
06-08-10, 20:01
Ya agree.. Minton is definately a better priced condo compared to scala.
But the comparison can never end.

isaaclim
06-08-10, 21:55

Can share the size?
The Minton is a reasonable condo for own stay.

azeoprop
06-08-10, 22:01
Can share the size?
The Minton is a reasonable condo for own stay.

It is a 1 bedroom unit of 700sqft. Wondering which will generate better rental yield 8@W studio or this giant studio? :beats-me-man:

isaaclim
06-08-10, 22:14
It is a 1 bedroom unit of 700sqft. Wondering which will generate better rental yield 8@W studio or this giant studio? :beats-me-man:

Ah... isn't that obvious? Unless some nut purchase it at crazy high price, if not 8@W will have better rental yield.

Ultroman
06-08-10, 22:25

which floor is it ... The highest ??

azeoprop
06-08-10, 22:49
which floor is it ... The highest ??

2nd highest floor. But I must agree that low floor stack 52 were really a steal for around 570k....:beats-me-man:

jlrx
06-08-10, 22:58

Despite my belief in PROPERTISM, I also suffer from buyer's remorse which lasts a few hours to a couple of weeks.

However, I've never suffered from seller's remorse because I've never sold any of my properties.

Can anyone here tell me whether "seller's remorse" feels the same way as "buyer's remorse"?

Ultroman
06-08-10, 23:33
2nd highest floor. But I must agree that low floor stack 52 were really a steal for around 570k....:beats-me-man:

yup got mine jus above the child care centre :) but 16th floor sure have nice view Inc flyer

azeoprop
07-08-10, 10:12
Just wondering can u like return the option and take back the cheque? :o

focus
07-08-10, 14:26
Despite my belief in PROPERTISM, I also suffer from buyer's remorse which lasts a few hours to a couple of weeks.

However, I've never suffered from seller's remorse because I've never sold any of my properties.

Can anyone here tell me whether "seller's remorse" feels the same way as "buyer's remorse"?
No... Buyer's remorse is only temporary ..and 10yrs on .. you will turn your buyer's remorse to buyer's delight..

Seller's remorse is permanent .. I sold a property in 2007(I thought I sold at the peak and was glad with myself)... and this year.. it is sold at a difference of $5million more! .. I'm sure a lot of those sentosa cove landed owners will feel the same way.. or even the landed owners who sold in 2007 ..and now kicking themselves..

devilplate
07-08-10, 17:15
No... Buyer's remorse is only temporary ..and 10yrs on .. you will turn your buyer's remorse to buyer's delight..

Seller's remorse is permanent .. I sold a property in 2007(I thought I sold at the peak and was glad with myself)... and this year.. it is sold at a difference of $5million more! .. I'm sure a lot of those sentosa cove landed owners will feel the same way.. or even the landed owners who sold in 2007 ..and now kicking themselves..

u sold at wat price?

if u sold at 5mil in 2007 and now worth 10mil...:scared-1:

but u sold at 100mil and worth 105mil...ok mah:D

for those bishan8 first owners or any opf those ppty still underwater, they still suffering from buyer's remorse after 13 damn yrs

07-08-10, 18:18

Wow! Congratulations!!!!Are we going to hear about th 4th one soon????:D

new2mondrian
07-08-10, 20:21

Hi azeoprop,

congrats on joining the minton family! :D kheng leong is pretty decent. their S&P agreement even comes with a CD with all the detailed specs and BCA approval docs, with detailed breakdown of how many light points and telephone points for each stack. one of the most comprehensive i've seen so far. even the retail shops' approvals were even included, and based on their BCA submission docs, the retail shops' area of trade were very specific.... there must be a childcare, laundromat, minimart etc. Hence no risk of future hanky panky (ie the owners sublet to other companies with questionable activities - eg ktv lounges). To me, this is far better than some other devts with retail uses where there is no restriction/specification on the areas of trade.

minton is not bad for self-stay. rental demand wise, not very sure. but given its proximity to Serangoon MRT, the psf is very reasonable. Serangoon is an interchange station between NEL and Circle Line. Which means getting to any part of SGP is a breeze.

azeoprop
07-08-10, 21:09
Wow! Congratulations!!!!Are we going to hear about th 4th one soon????:D

Sorry, this will be the last, showed hand liaoz....eat $2 chicken rice from today onwards. Just dunno what was I thinking when I agreed to buy. :confused: I was only there to see see look look, not to buy. :scared-5:

august
07-08-10, 21:26

possible.. can talk to developer

stalingrad
07-08-10, 21:34

I firmly believe that one should not visit a showflat unless one is ready to buy. Many with the "go and take a look" mentality are swept up by the sales hoopla and sweet talk of the agent, and end up buying something that they never intended to buy. I for one almost bought two properties, including the interlace. Lucky my wife pulled me back from the brink.

azeoprop
07-08-10, 21:45
Anyway, since top at least 2013 or later, I'll just leave it for now. Time to start saving again. :spliff2:

I've taken some pics of the showroom for your future reference. 4 Bedders as attached.

acewee
07-08-10, 21:46
Just wondering, why are you regretting?

Sorry, this will be the last, showed hand liaoz....eat $2 chicken rice from today onwards. Just dunno what was I thinking when I agreed to buy. :confused: I was only there to see see look look, not to buy. :scared-5:

azeoprop
07-08-10, 21:48
2 bedders as attached.

azeoprop
07-08-10, 21:54
Just wondering, why are you regretting?

The fear of buying at an all time high price....dunno what will happen next. :scared-3:

acewee
07-08-10, 22:01
It's ok to visit if the plan is to look-see. Just don't bring cheque book.

I firmly believe that one should not visit a showflat unless one is ready to buy. Many with the "go and take a look" mentality are swept up by the sales hoopla and sweet talk of the agent, and end up buying something that they never intended to buy. I for one almost bought two properties, including the interlace. Lucky my wife pulled me back from the brink.

Wild Falcon
07-08-10, 23:49
Never regret - as long as it reaches your selling price with decent profits, just let it go. It's just an investment property - not much sentimental value. It's like stock - many times after selling it goes up further but there's no point regreting - cashing out sometimes encourages you to reward yourself with real things that make you happy, be it donating to charitable causes or buying that dream [guitar - insert whatever that is your dream]. After all, money in itself is useless. It's the conversion of the money to joy that is important.

jlrx
08-08-10, 01:12

Wow ... what sort of property is it that has gone up by $5 million since 2007? :scared-4:

What was the percentage rise?

Komo
08-08-10, 11:35
The fear of buying at an all time high price....dunno what will happen next. :scared-3:
Relief will come when they build a mrt there.:D ...from experience...

devilplate
08-08-10, 11:46
reminds of me Livia....those who bot all the 2bedders during initial launch.....

first relief will be to hear Minton fully sold...and subsequently subsale at high price:D

acewee
08-08-10, 11:53
LRT more likely.

Ultroman
08-08-10, 11:54

is it really true mrt coming soon ... Dat will be gd news :)

Komo
08-08-10, 14:49
is it really true mrt coming soon ... Dat will be gd news :)
it's a big if...if come true ...at least 10 years later, anyway I suppose, Minton is attracting buys for different reasons

azeoprop
08-08-10, 20:26
it's a big if...if come true ...at least 10 years later, anyway I suppose, Minton is attracting buys for different reasons

Yeah, the main reasons for buying minton are the generous apartment size, comprehensive facilities, relatively affordable pricing compared to others and low monthly costs.

wesing
09-08-10, 14:12

I can understand how you had felt then. Me had the same feeling of fear after handled in cheque for my Cube 8 unit during preview. But feeling much better now after knowing the psf achieved at Vista and 368.

azeoprop
09-08-10, 21:41
I do not wish to be one of those original victims of bishan 8, until now still haven't breakeven. :scared-3:

azeoprop
09-08-10, 21:47
Any idea what is in upper serangoon shopping centre nowadays? I remember in the early 80s, that area was buzzing with life.

Wild Falcon
09-08-10, 21:57
As long as the government doesn't implement some drastic cooling measures + financial crisis like in 1997 + dotcom crash like in 2000, you should be ok. I think at today's entry price, there is no guarantee you will make supernormal returns like in the past few years, but as long as the economy moves along and our government take the "soft" approach, your property investment should not do too badly. Push comes to shove, you can always try to flip it before TOP if you don't want to take on the additional financial burden or commitment.

I do not wish to be one of those original victims of bishan 8, until now still haven't breakeven. :scared-3:

land118
09-08-10, 22:27
Any idea what is in upper serangoon shopping centre nowadays? I remember in the early 80s, that area was buzzing with life.

If u drive past, u will see 1 corner Prata kopi tiam, 7-eleven, Hotel 81 and Fragrance Hotel, durian store at side of road still there. Inside, dun know- heard have massage parlour. Not the 80s u know.

maisonjai
10-08-10, 00:09

now still buzzing with life but after dark, small lanes, budget hotels, ktv etc right ingredients for:cheers4:
:character0029: :character0029: :character0029:?

azeoprop
10-08-10, 15:39
Here is the site progress 10/8/2010 and a city view video. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9h_XO38rTA

maisonjai
10-08-10, 17:58
i wonder if they managed to clean up the place, hope they did.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100810-231299.html
Police arrest 46 in crackdown on vice-related activity
Tue, Aug 10, 2010

Earlier this year, anti-vice raids were also carried out in Geylang, Kovan and at two budget hotels in Balestier Road, during which 12 foreigners were arrested.

zeq
10-08-10, 18:59
i walked around the place. It was not a very good place to stay in. Very cramped and congested. It was far from mrt. ANyway the 2nd recession is coming here. SO buyers hold on to yr cheque. Wait till next yr then buy. Things r not looking so good now.

devilplate
10-08-10, 19:18
i walked around the place. It was not a very good place to stay in. Very cramped and congested. It was far from mrt. ANyway the 2nd recession is coming here. SO buyers hold on to yr cheque. Wait till next yr then buy. Things r not looking so good now.

just gime 4d or toto numbers:D

chrisop
10-08-10, 20:44

Hi azeoprop,

Congrats on your purchase! :)

Thanks for sharing your video and pics! Wow the view is pretty much unblocked if you are on high floors. I assume you took this video from one of the HDB flats, which level were you on?

3C
10-08-10, 20:44

We are not out of the first recession to begin with. This is just fiat
money coming from foreign land coz no where to park $. :doh:

Maybe u r right, I guess they are running out of ink & papers.:D

chrisop
10-08-10, 21:03

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100810-231299.html
Tue, Aug 10, 2010

Earlier this year, anti-vice raids were also carried out in Geylang, Kovan and at two budget hotels in Balestier Road, during which 12 foreigners were arrested.

Actually from Serangoon MRT station or Minton, you wouldn't walk past Upper Serangoon shopping centre unless you purposely walk there, it is at least 300 metres away from the junction of Upper Paya Lebar Road and Upper Serangoon Road. I wouldn't be too bothered by the activities cos it seems pretty much contained within that few buildings. I pass by that place pretty often by car, from outside it looks very very quiet inside.

Anyway, every estate has its own dirty lining, even the exclusive ones... Orchard has Orchard Towers (even had a murder there!)... River Valley has Mohammed Sultan... Novena also has a few unsavory places to call its own too... does that diminish people's dreams of buying homes in those areas? ;)

azeoprop
10-08-10, 21:13
Hi azeoprop,

Congrats on your purchase! :)

Thanks for sharing your video and pics! Wow the view is pretty much unblocked if you are on high floors. I assume you took this video from one of the HDB flats, which level were you on?

It was taken on the 15th floor of blk 158. Do note that the forested area in the foreground of the city view is bidadari park. The city view will be blocked once HDB start building the bidadari new town. :)

land118
10-08-10, 22:09

Tue, Aug 10, 2010

Action is at the lane behind Upper Serangoon Shopping Center. Taman Sireh. Residents in landed property land will tell you their frustrations at BIG cars and drop-offs at night.

Read this:

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/03/20/kovan-fast-becoming-the-second-geylang-as-freelance-prostitutes-garner-around-hotel-81/

Do your homework. Check place out. Though some distance away, buy or not to buy, make your own judgement and decision. There is a price to every property; just like Geylang area...some also command good rental or convenient place to stay - good food, etc; all depends what you want

Komo
10-08-10, 23:44
:(

...so this is how we can pack the world population into 1000 Singapore :(

devilplate
11-08-10, 00:04
aiya...paramount shopping ctr also happening and yet prices over there so so ex!...haha

minton ok la...8xxpsf...if totally clean and fresh...worth 1kpsf oredi? :D

12-08-10, 12:00
How come the main con is Qingjin Group and not Kheng Leong or Low Kheng Huat, since they are 2 big time local builders?

cheerful
12-08-10, 13:12
good luck to the owners!
Luckily, DP & DLS are reputable......

rainy
12-08-10, 13:56

:cool: how u define recession ? we r simply into slow growth ... the govt can't afford another crisis . the govt will do all they can to prevent the economy going down again . not forgetting , there is still plenty of cash around .:D

Komo
12-08-10, 14:16
I bet the 2nd crisis is coming. Enjoy while you can. :D

azeoprop
12-08-10, 15:49
As long as the bank don't ask for top ups I should be fine. :scared-3:

3C
12-08-10, 20:15
I bet the 2nd crisis is coming. Enjoy while you can. :D

Wrong leh, I thought should suffer now (eat prata everyday & accumulate $) and enjoy shopping for houses when the crisis strike.:rolleyes:

You mean those cannot hold on to their unit to enjoy while they can?:D

zeq
12-08-10, 21:55
As long as the bank don't ask for top ups I should be fine. :scared-3:

if u loan 80%, the bank will ask for topup.
I give ard 4 months to 10 months in effect.
By 2011 Jan,Sg GDP Q1 will be negative.
Market has started shifting by selling off.

zeq
12-08-10, 22:01
:cool: how u define recession ? we r simply into slow growth ... the govt can't afford another crisis . the govt will do all they can to prevent the economy going down again . not forgetting , there is still plenty of cash around .:D

Slow growth is what the govt wants u to believe.
Ask yrself, why china govt keep stopping loans?
Why they dare to stop property prices rises?
Why they ask china banks to do stress test if property falls to 50%?

Then what about sg?
Why r they doing?
Busy selling land.
Do u know sg banks r also doing stress test which is reported subtly in the news?
The property portfolio is 35% of the banks assets.
Cash doesn't help the economy. It just allows foolish people take risky loans.
US is started to see trouble selling bonds.
Very soon, when they cant sell debt, they have to raise interest rates.
The worldwide economic will continue the same recession.
All the stimulus is useless.
There will be no more.
Now that is why people called dead cat bounce.
DIdn't u all experience in 2001?
So greed convince u all that it wont happen again.
Sell off if u have buyers and u have big debt.
I can only tell everyone good luck.
SG govt wont help u. They r too busy with the economic crisis incoming.

teddybear
12-08-10, 22:02
Wah, "god" speaking here? Talk like so sure?? :scared-1:

zeq
12-08-10, 22:12
Wah, "god" speaking here? Talk like so sure?? :scared-1:

The recession is coming.
Very sure. Fed never put stimulus.
A sign that they r too late to stop anything that will happen now.
Of course, the indicators r now very bad now.
Sg wont be spared.
If u think i am trying to scare people, its okay.
People who have property always think that it will always go up.
But r things so straight forward?
Good luck.

acewee
12-08-10, 22:27
Nostradamus, is that you? Feeling bored after the 911 prediction issit? :scared-4:

Slow growth is what the govt wants u to believe.
Ask yrself, why china govt keep stopping loans?
Why they dare to stop property prices rises?
Why they ask china banks to do stress test if property falls to 50%?

Then what about sg?
Why r they doing?
Busy selling land.
Do u know sg banks r also doing stress test which is reported subtly in the news?
The property portfolio is 35% of the banks assets.
Cash doesn't help the economy. It just allows foolish people take risky loans.
US is started to see trouble selling bonds.
Very soon, when they cant sell debt, they have to raise interest rates.
The worldwide economic will continue the same recession.
All the stimulus is useless.
There will be no more.
Now that is why people called dead cat bounce.
DIdn't u all experience in 2001?
So greed convince u all that it wont happen again.
Sell off if u have buyers and u have big debt.
I can only tell everyone good luck.
SG govt wont help u. They r too busy with the economic crisis incoming.

zeq
12-08-10, 22:34
Nostradamus, is that you? Feeling bored after the 911 prediction issit? :scared-4:

Maybe people should go ask around who r doing business overseas of how the worries have grown.
Sg govt will never tell u how bad things r.
Besides, the election is coming.
They will paint the ugly picture as beautiful as it seems.
They are afraid of people fearing.
And they will deny they are also responsible of this bubble.

If u have huge debt its time to take profit.
If u have cleared yr property. no problem.
If u think that it will go highly, yr window period is closing soon.

Every day we r approaching the day when everyone realise the state we r in.
And when the day comes, u cant sell yr property, u will be caught.
It is up to u to believe or not to believe.
The choice is yrs.

Komo
12-08-10, 22:43
that's why election will be coming quick!

KC76
12-08-10, 22:49
Maybe people should go ask around who r doing business overseas of how the worries have grown.

The choice is yrs.

I share the same sentiment as you. Nothing moves in a direction forever...be it up or down. Stock and property market have factored in optimistic recovery into its respective prices. When the economy does not bode well in time to come, what will happen? Prices will fall lagi harder...

jlrx
12-08-10, 22:52
Don't worry. The next round of Quantitative Easing (QE2) is coming.

Business Times, 12 Aug 2010
The world is facing a serious currency crisis

Washington must take the US dollar decline far more seriously than it seems to be doing

By ANTHONY ROWLEY
TOKYO CORRESPONDENT

Volatility in currency markets is nothing new, but what is different this time is that what have come to be regarded in recent decades as the 'rules of the game' appear to have been discarded - and this is scary.

Japan is alarmed at the apparent end of the ancien regime in currencies, which allowed it to export its way out of trouble and it will be forced eventually into further monetary easing as the 'fight to the bottom' among leading currencies continues. As the US dollar continues to decline against the euro too, Europe will need to ease while China will have to fight to keep the yuan from appreciating. Other Asian economies will also face upward pressure on their currencies, forcing them into unwanted easing and inflation, now that the rules of the game have changed.

“The modern banking process manufactures currency out of nothing.”.
- Lord Josiah Stamp, Former Director of the Bank of England (1937)

“At the end fiat money returns to its inner value—zero.”
- Voltaire (21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778)

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Just look at the chart.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/PropertyMarketBreaksAllTimeHigh2.jpg

3C
12-08-10, 22:53

The choice is yrs.

Need not panic if u have bought at the high point.
Just collect rental loh. Make sure u have enough to tahunt for one yr w/o rental then should be ok. ;)

azeoprop
12-08-10, 23:08
Even if recession, at most the price will drop to mid 09 levels. E.g. minton might sell at 650-700psf for standard 3 bedders? 750-800psf for 1 bedder? :beats-me-man:

Komo
12-08-10, 23:32
Even if recession, at most the price will drop to mid 09 levels. E.g. minton might sell at 650-700psf for standard 3 bedders? 750-800psf for 1 bedder? :beats-me-man:
my take is can even be lower ... :rolleyes:

devilplate
12-08-10, 23:39
this project will not drop alot....i will focus on other areas for next GSS:D

Komo
12-08-10, 23:46
...I can't find a strong point in this project which can give a strong price support level

jlrx
13-08-10, 00:23
...I can't find a strong point in this project which can give a strong price support level

This is further proof that even a property without strong points is stronger than toilet paper.

It is not about whether this property is good or that property is bad. Those who insist on holding on to toilet paper do not seem to know what shit they are getting themselves into.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000480891/polls_dollar_toilet_from_chuck_penzi_2647_162509_poll_xlarge.jpeghttp://cinie.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/american-dollar-toilet-paper.jpg

acewee
13-08-10, 00:23
Just a question, are you fully liquidated from all your investments?

The choice is yrs.

teddybear
13-08-10, 00:30
Wah this type of question! Don't think you will get the real answer! :D

Just a question, are you fully liquidated from all your investments?

acewee
13-08-10, 00:34
Must walk the talk right? :spliff:

Wah this type of question! Don't think you will get the real answer! :D

teddybear
13-08-10, 00:42
He can tell you he is fully invested in properties and shares but can you verify? :beats-me-man:

Must walk the talk right? :spliff:

devilplate
13-08-10, 00:49
He can tell you he is fully invested in properties and shares but can you verify? :beats-me-man:

he also can have more den 1 acct...

one acct say prices crashing!!

the other say prices chionging!!

either way he is correct!....unless market stay flat:p

acewee
13-08-10, 00:51
He won't say that else he's contradicting himself. Anyway, I dun really give a damm. I'm sure most investors here are savy enough to know how to manage risk and have awareness of the economic situation. But to go around sothsaying...? Either a opposition or someone who got burnt before. :doh:

isaaclim
13-08-10, 07:29
he also can have more den 1 acct...

one acct say prices crashing!!

the other say prices chionging!!

either way he is correct!....unless market stay flat:p

Isn't that obvious? He should be one active member's shadow... Else why don't we see some "smartass" attacking him.

azeoprop
13-08-10, 08:55
Just wondering, under what circumstances would a bank ask for cash top up? :beats-me-man:

E.g. Waterfront waves first launch in 07 was selling 750-850psf or more, then the relaunch was selling 600-700psf during the recession. Did the banks ask for top ups to those who bought during the preview launch?
:beats-me-man:

rainy
13-08-10, 09:41

:cool: just wondering ... do u own pte property ?
why should the bank ask for topup if you can service the monthly instalment ? u sound like u hv miss the boat and wish for the market to crash ...:tongue3:

RE_Owner
13-08-10, 14:19
The recession is coming.
Very sure. Fed never put stimulus.
A sign that they r too late to stop anything that will happen now.
Of course, the indicators r now very bad now.
Sg wont be spared.
If u think i am trying to scare people, its okay.
People who have property always think that it will always go up.
But r things so straight forward?
Good luck.

u sound like some "Gao Ren" living in a deep deep forest that have achieved enlightenment!!!! without stepping out of the forest, u actually know whats happening in the modern world!!!!

guess u have not wake up :sleep:

azeoprop
13-08-10, 15:02
Is this minton part of the worker's party ward? :beats-me-man:

azeoprop
13-08-10, 15:46
FloorPrice25833565456855716 75818 96031060111613126181363114 15 1664617630
This table shows the floor vs price for stack 52.... I bought at the highest psf again. :doh:

devilplate
13-08-10, 15:50
wah...ur buyer's remorse still ON....:scared-3:

KC76
13-08-10, 15:57
FloorPrice258335654568557167581896031060111613126181363114151664617630
This table shows the floor vs price for stack 52.... I bought at the highest psf again. :doh:

aiyah, buy liao dun regret, regret dun buy. y did u buy that place in the 1st place? Ask urself?:cheers6:

azeoprop
13-08-10, 16:00
FloorPrice258335654568557167581896031060111613126181363114151664617630

Oops, for easier view:

Floor/Price
2/583
3/565
4/568
5/571
6/
7/581
8/
9/603
10/601
11/613
12/618
13/631
14/
15/
16/646
17/630

azeoprop
13-08-10, 16:01
wah...ur buyer's remorse still ON....:scared-3:

Yah loh, last time bought 8@W remorse until the first subsale haa haa :doh:

13-08-10, 16:12
2nd highest floor usually highest psf one, since highest got roof terrace.

Will be quite some time if u are waiting for subsale for this one:p

Yah loh, last time bought 8@W remorse until the first subsale haa haa :doh:

gfoo
13-08-10, 16:19
Banks ask for top up when the equity value is significantly below the outstanding loan.

If a $1m property, of which you borrowed and still owe 70%, falls to $500k, the bank has a right to ask for a $200k topup. They hardly do this for resident properties, mainly for non-resident 'investment' properties. They also do this for higher quantum paper losses, and do not bother if the topup is in the tens of thousands.

I know of friends that kena by bank C, and a minute smattering by bank D. No other cases I know of other banks. Mostly C.

repanse71
13-08-10, 17:50
Not sure about foreign bank.

Local banks almost never ask for top-up unless
1) if you are not on principal reducing loan, but on those interest only loans. Which I think MAS has banned.
2) you have overdrafts and revolving facilities on top of their housing loans. Usually bank will cut / cancel the limit of these facilities.
3) when drawdown is not complete, the valuation drops dramatically. A rarity.
4) you fail to service installment, bank would try to re-structure. Money no enough, top-up won't work, only restructure or foreclosure.

regards

Banks ask for top up when the equity value is significantly below the outstanding loan.

If a $1m property, of which you borrowed and still owe 70%, falls to $500k, the bank has a right to ask for a $200k topup. They hardly do this for resident properties, mainly for non-resident 'investment' properties. They also do this for higher quantum paper losses, and do not bother if the topup is in the tens of thousands.

I know of friends that kena by bank C, and a minute smattering by bank D. No other cases I know of other banks. Mostly C.

repanse71
13-08-10, 18:01
Gfoo,

Are your friends' loans with local banks?
Plain vanilla principal reducing housing loans without other facilities?

Regards

gfoo
13-08-10, 18:14
those affected mainly C

those with D were asked to restructure

no other local banks

azeoprop
13-08-10, 18:37
2nd highest floor usually highest psf one, since highest got roof terrace.

Will be quite some time if u are waiting for subsale for this one:p

After an analysis on the prices. There are 3 prices. The preview, the launch and a later increased price. The 17th floor was bought at the preview price thats why only 630k. I was there at the preview also, but indecision made me lost 20k, buying now at a later increased price. :scared-3:

acewee
13-08-10, 22:31
How about S or H?

those affected mainly C

those with D were asked to restructure

no other local banks

gfoo
13-08-10, 22:33
How about S or H?

dunno, none of my friends use them so no comment

acewee
13-08-10, 22:38
After making all the predictions, our 'Paul' seems to have disappeared.

proud owner
13-08-10, 22:46
After making all the predictions, our 'Paul' seems to have disappeared.

alot of forumers have disappeared ....

including some BULL ones ...

devilplate
13-08-10, 23:24
After an analysis on the prices. There are 3 prices. The preview, the launch and a later increased price. The 17th floor was bought at the preview price thats why only 630k. I was there at the preview also, but indecision made me lost 20k, buying now at a later increased price. :scared-3:

i tink u decide to buy minton after u noe scala sell so well at 1.1-1.2kpsf

btw, how come treehouse sell so well at similar pricing of 8xxpsf but not minton?

minton too many units? due to larger quantum?

azeoprop
13-08-10, 23:54
i tink u decide to buy minton after u noe scala sell so well at 1.1-1.2kpsf

btw, how come treehouse sell so well at similar pricing of 8xxpsf but not minton?

minton too many units? due to larger quantum?

Treehouse by cdl has the image of high quality, unique design and one of the first to have no bay windows. Also the only release in that area for many years. Green, clean and youthful image.

Minton is in an old part of town, surrounding environment old and dated. Design is middle of the road, finishing nothing to shout about. The only plus is the generous space for the units, comprehensive facilities and some units with unblocked views. Even though the price has increased a few % since the preview, it is still very affordable compared to other new launches in the surrounding area. In fact many recent sales of minton were by those who had visited the scala and those who came during the initial launch.... just like me.

I would rank minton together with likes of Oasis@elias, and rosewood suites. Affordable mass market condo value for money self stay. :2cents: Not those love at first sight type of condo. Certainly not on the 1st choice lists of many people. Hence the slow but steady sales.

repanse71
14-08-10, 22:19
If past behavior is good indication of future conduct, I would go with O and U, just to be on safe side.

BTW, I am no mortgage salesman. I am with the other H...
HDB :cool:

How about S or H?

azeoprop
16-08-10, 16:31
Site photo 16th Aug 2010.

azeoprop
24-08-10, 17:52
Site photos from another angle on 24th Aug 2010. :)

chrisop
24-08-10, 22:30
Site photos from another angle on 24th Aug 2010. :)

Looks like more cranes and piling machines are coming into the picture. :)

azeoprop
03-09-10, 17:47
Site Photo 3rd Sept 2010. :)

azeoprop
11-09-10, 00:09
New release stacks average price around 900psf! :scared-4:

devilplate
11-09-10, 00:15

y :scared-4: ??

u shd be :D :D :D :p

gohsoonk
12-09-10, 22:21
Wonder why the prices are going up instead of going down...

Anyway, seems like the party has not ended yet...

kane
12-09-10, 22:38
not near mrt also raise their price??

3C
13-09-10, 00:17

But seriously for comfort-stay i think this is a better project
compared with some project near mrt -already so tiny & yet
with planter & yet people r snapping:doh: Maybe too use to
big space. This kind of mickey unit can make me :simmering: after
a hard day's work:scared-3:

chrisop
13-09-10, 22:54

If it's very near MRT, then the psf will not just be around $900 psf... will be at least 1k and above. Anyway it has been proven that condos which are not near to MRT AND in the middle of nowhere could still be selling at more than 1k psf... a la Greenwich. ;)

cashrich
13-09-10, 22:57
If it's very near MRT, then the psf will not just be around $900 psf... will be at least 1k and above. Anyway it has been proven that condos which are not near to MRT AND in the middle of nowhere could still be selling at more than 1k psf... a la Greenwich. ;)

cannot use that as comparison

FEO pricing at premium

Plus hopes for MRT...

Plus lots of deep pocket investors living around there. Walked into a gold mine, sell 18k gold as 24k gold. All will still grab.

chrisop
13-09-10, 23:26
cannot use that as comparison

FEO pricing at premium

Plus hopes for MRT...

Plus lots of deep pocket investors living around there. Walked into a gold mine, sell 18k gold as 24k gold. All will still grab.

What I meant is... if Minton is very near the MRT (i.e. Serangoon MRT), then it would definitely not be just $900 psf.

For Greenwich, I meant that as a sacarsm, not a comparison. ;)

azeoprop
14-09-10, 16:51
Site update 14 Sept 2010. :)

15-09-10, 17:36
Heard that they are also giving some rebate off the sales price? So is it a zero sum game, except that developer gets to pitch the higher psf to future buyers.

Wonder why the prices are going up instead of going down...

Anyway, seems like the party has not ended yet...

cashrich
15-09-10, 17:50
Heard that they are also giving some rebate off the sales price? So is it a zero sum game, except that developer gets to pitch the higher psf to future buyers.

That's the magic

What you see as caveats are not the real deals (kickbacks not included).

Don't miss out on the rebates...

Zero sum game is the right description.

All happy except beware of the authorities.

azeoprop
15-09-10, 21:07
The shortest way to walk to the MRT station is to cross upper paya lebar road -> Jln Chermat -> cut through lorong lew lian estate to exit D. The distance is around 850m.

Ultroman
16-09-10, 11:28
The shortest way to walk to the MRT station is to cross upper paya lebar road -> Jln Chermat -> cut through lorong lew lian estate to exit D. The distance is around 850m.

I tried follow this route only take 8 min on relax pace ;)

chrisop
17-09-10, 19:55
I tried follow this route only take 8 min on relax pace ;)

azeoprop, thanks for recceing the shortest route for us. :)

Cool! 8 mins is pretty fast. Guess if walk faster can reach in 5 mins? :)

yeosp
20-09-10, 21:53
Guess alot of u guys bought the minton... :D

So many future neighbours!!! Care to share which unit u guys bought? :)

chrisop
21-09-10, 20:10
Guess alot of u guys bought the minton... :D

So many future neighbours!!! Care to share which unit u guys bought? :)

Hi yeosp, welcome to the growing Minton family. :) I gather this is for your own stay? Which unit did you purchase? I got a unit in stack 26.

How's the sales over at the showflat? I'm really looking forward to its completion though it will still be a long while. Hope that they will finish selling soon so that the construction will be much faster. :D

charvin83
22-09-10, 11:12
700sqft ones not those with PES? :beats-me-man:

What is PES?

azeoprop
22-09-10, 11:40
private enclosed space. Basically an outdoor platio area for your own use. For minton's case, some of them even have a large outdoor lawn like landed houses like that.

yeosp
22-09-10, 18:07
Hi yeosp, welcome to the growing Minton family. :) I gather this is for your own stay? Which unit did you purchase? I got a unit in stack 26.

How's the sales over at the showflat? I'm really looking forward to its completion though it will still be a long while. Hope that they will finish selling soon so that the construction will be much faster. :D

-Bought a unit in stack 45 :D

-same here!!! really hoping that the TOP will be earlier. Dun wan to wait for so~~~ long~~~ :banghead:

charm
27-09-10, 23:58
THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11Condominium1948,0001,808Strata524Aug-10
I just saw this trax from caveat. It says 524psf which is so much lower than what is posted at propertyguru.com around 700-850psf???

how reliable is online portal?

Thanks for your advise!

Komo
28-09-10, 07:25
Is the price dropping? Maybe I'll consider one now!:D

azeoprop
28-09-10, 11:14
THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11Condominium1948,0001,808Strata524Aug-10
I just saw this trax from caveat. It says 524psf which is so much lower than what is posted at propertyguru.com around 700-850psf???

how reliable is online portal?

Thanks for your advise!

6 Hougang Street 11 #01-11
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$524
$948k
25 Aug 10

This is a ground floor 2 bedroom unit with an extremely large PES area, facing lorong ah soo. Thats why only 524psf. The internal area is around 980sqft only.

chrisop
29-09-10, 09:21
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1083856/1/.html

azeoprop
29-09-10, 18:14
Hopefully this redevelopment will revive those lively days of that area in the early 80s. :)

chrisop
29-09-10, 22:44
Hopefully this redevelopment will revive those lively days of that area in the early 80s. :)

Indeed! Hope it would revive the good old days and put the land to better use. :) Some Minton homeowners may be concerned over the unsavoury activities there, so guess this piece of news may put their worries to rest.

azeoprop
01-10-10, 16:02
Site update 1st Oct 2010.

azeoprop
09-10-10, 15:13
Went to have a look today again. New stacks released all around 820psf to 950psf. 1 bedder sold out. Total sales around 540 units so far.

Agent say developer willing to give discounts up to 3-5k for purchase. Also uob home loan SOR + 0.6% for first 2 yrs and SOR + 1% thereafter, giving away Tangs vouchers.

Looks like some signs of softening going on. :(

The cheapest 2 bedder now is from stack 01 980sqft
#05-01 804k
#06-01 813k
#07-01 821k

Compared to 2 bedders from other stacks:
#05-20 851k
#05-74 867k
#06-75 908k

Dual Key units only stack 7 and 12 available. The rest not release yet.
#10-12 1224k
#11-12 1236k
#13-12 1260k

azeoprop
28-10-10, 16:11
Site update 28/10/10

Xan
28-10-10, 23:09
This project will take quite some time to sell out. Not comfortable to compete with so many units to sell. Don't see much upside in profit gain given it's location and not near public tpt. Self stay ok coz of the facilities.

Komo
28-10-10, 23:34
If they reduce price further sure many will rush in. There are many on the sideline waiting. Chances are price will come down. :D :D

devilplate
28-10-10, 23:36
If they reduce price further sure many will rush in. There are many on the sideline waiting. Chances are price will come down. :D :D

u r one of the many waiting on sidelines

i personally will only consider their 4bedders in Minton....:2cents:

Komo
28-10-10, 23:38
...and look see look see...feel like a retiree leh:D

kane
29-10-10, 00:14
u r one of the many waiting on sidelines

i personally will only consider their 4bedders in Minton....:2cents:

i was pretty impressed by the size of the 4 bedders. comes a pretty hefty price tag because of the size.

devilplate
29-10-10, 00:32
i was pretty impressed by the size of the 4 bedders. comes a pretty hefty price tag because of the size.

same here;)

they got nice big bathrooms but the jr master room is too small...nid to build bed on the baywindows....i like the backyard layout:D

since its family oriented project with a childcare ctr within it, shd be investing in big units....with so many 3bedders and limited 4bedders...4bed will be a gd choice:2cents:

DC33_2008
29-10-10, 09:08
I like the 4 bedder on the ground floor. Really spacious. Unfortunately is 99LH.

Komo
29-10-10, 09:09
If the market turns bad, good chance here can get good price.:D :D

azeoprop
29-10-10, 10:40
I like the 4 bedder on the ground floor. Really spacious. Unfortunately is 99LH.

Yah, the ground floor units are like landed houses with ultra big PES. :scared-1:

devilplate
29-10-10, 10:44
Yah, the ground floor units are like landed houses with ultra big PES. :scared-1:

those ground flr units above the waterfall feature damn nice:D

if u notice, all gd facing ground flr units r taken

DC33_2008
29-10-10, 13:19
My wife was so impressed that she almost wanted to trade our landed hm for this 4 bedders. Fortunately not as our landed property has gone up quite a bit in the last 3 months.

devilplate
29-10-10, 15:51
My wife was so impressed that she almost wanted to trade our landed hm for this 4 bedders. Fortunately not as our landed property has gone up quite a bit in the last 3 months.

if u bot, u also nid to wait for 3yrs b4 its ready and den sell ur landed mah..

new2mondrian
08-11-10, 21:16

You guys should have gotten a studio during the launch at 4xxk to 5xxk, and treated it as a weekend home... Then can combine the joys of landed housing with the comprehensive facilities at Minton. :D

Azeoprop, thanks for posting all the pics! Very helpful! I Cannot wait for it to TOP too!

DC33_2008
09-11-10, 11:05
We already have those options.
You guys should have gotten a studio during the launch at 4xxk to 5xxk, and treated it as a weekend home... Then can combine the joys of landed housing with the comprehensive facilities at Minton. :D

Azeoprop, thanks for posting all the pics! Very helpful! I Cannot wait for it to TOP too!

azeoprop
19-11-10, 16:23
Update 19th Nov 2010. :)

kingkong1984
19-11-10, 16:24

:)

damm smart! :cool:

azeoprop
20-11-10, 10:49
Here's an old map of serangoon and paya lebar area. The Upper serangoon road around kovan area was like a town center last time. :o

yeosp
06-12-10, 19:10
y nvr post lastest pic of the site le?
:confused:

azeoprop
07-12-10, 13:58
y nvr post lastest pic of the site le?
:confused:

Update 7th Dec 2010. :)

HD video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3KiRbSnac

bargain hunter
07-12-10, 15:05
wah, photoshoots at minton, 8@W and Mezzo and lunch at pek kio...u r leaving a trail. :) good life. :D

Update 7th Dec 2010. :)

HD video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3KiRbSnac

hyenergix
07-12-10, 15:54
Anyone knows about the total units sold at this project, pls?

azeoprop
07-12-10, 17:54
wah, photoshoots at minton, 8@W and Mezzo and lunch at pek kio...u r leaving a trail. :) good life. :D

Oh no, I've been followed... :D

azeoprop
07-12-10, 17:57
Anyone knows about the total units sold at this project, pls?

Not too sure about the latest sales figures, but the Oct 10 URA shows that 468 units were sold out of the 600 units launched.

hyenergix
07-12-10, 20:45
Not too sure about the latest sales figures, but the Oct 10 URA shows that 468 units were sold out of the 600 units launched.

Total units about 1150. So I assume by now it would have sold about 50% only... I think potential buyers should hold back and wait until Q2 next year, most likely we will start to see some serious discounts instead of freebies.

Ultroman
24-12-10, 14:36
Understand that all 1 bedders sold how come got this trannsaction on URA

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium 1 683,000 700 Strata 976 Nov-10

first subsale for Minton ??

azeoprop
24-12-10, 15:19
Understand that all 1 bedders sold how come got this trannsaction on URA

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium 1 683,000 700 Strata 976 Nov-10

first subsale for Minton ??

10D Hougang Street 11 #14-48
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$976
$683k
09 Nov 10

Might not be subsale, stack 48 was the last stack of 1 bedder to be released. Maybe the owner took loan much later after purchase? :beats-me-man:

edwinleeap
25-12-10, 08:59
What do you feel is the capital appreciation prospects for Minton when it is finally completed?

hyenergix
25-12-10, 09:25
$0... Too many ECs and condos TOP together around 2012-2015, so potential buyers would be spoilt for choice. Most of the people who wants Minton have already bought.

azeoprop
26-12-10, 16:54
Update 26 Dec 2010. :)

ecimbew
04-01-11, 06:18
Hey, new here. I am amazed by it's facilities - single *** gym n onsen. I never know there are such facilities in a condo. But it is a family oriented one right?

azeoprop
04-01-11, 14:57
Update 4th Jan 2011. :)

azeoprop
05-01-11, 18:49
Hey, new here. I am amazed by it's facilities - single *** gym n onsen. I never know there are such facilities in a condo. But it is a family oriented one right?

Space and very comprehensive facilities are the selling point of Minton. Location is not too bad as well. Yeap, its mainly family oriented. :)

kane
05-01-11, 19:38
Unfortunately they don't have the bigger units facing town. Those are stacked in the middle of the development.

chrisop
06-01-11, 22:00
Update 4th Jan 2011. :)

azeoprop, thanks a lot for all the photo updates! That's something I look forward to. :) Haha have been religiously saving all your photos... will be so exciting once they finish the piling and start the construction of the blocks. :cheers4: From the looks of it, seem like they will start building the middle blocks first.

azeoprop
18-01-11, 14:22
Update 18 jan 2011. :)

azeoprop
24-01-11, 21:50
Found this blog updating the sales of Minton weekly.
http://www.the-minton.net/

kane
24-01-11, 21:57
the choice of font in the blog makes it so hard to read...

azeoprop
27-01-11, 16:06
Update 27th Jan 2011. :)

ecimbew
27-01-11, 16:10
Update 27th Jan 2011. :)

So are you selling this one, azeoprop?

azeoprop
27-01-11, 20:53
So are you selling this one, azeoprop?

Not selling, unless I can find a better facing unit at a better price. :)

kane
28-01-11, 22:20
what did you buy? 2,3 or 4 bedder?

azeoprop
29-01-11, 09:00
A 1 bedroom unit, one of the only few stacks to have both city and pool view. Look right is city view, look left is pool view haa haa.... :D

yeosp
30-01-11, 13:12
A 1 bedroom unit, one of the only few stacks to have both city and pool view. Look right is city view, look left is pool view haa haa.... :D

Hi azeoprop,

Care to share which stack? Very curious... hehehe... :D ... urs must be a very high floor.

azeoprop
30-01-11, 14:07
Mine is a high floor stack 52. :o

azeoprop
08-02-11, 14:50
Update 8th Feb 2011. :)

hyenergix
08-02-11, 15:17
Mine is a high floor stack 52. :o

Did you just buy Waterfront Isle? You must have invested a lot in properties.

azeoprop
08-02-11, 19:31
Did you just buy Waterfront Isle? You must have invested a lot in properties.

Not alot lah, just 3 small small ones. Total value less than some 4bedroom unit loh. :o

noblebaby
08-02-11, 21:28
Where r u staying now? All 3 for investment?

Not alot lah, just 3 small small ones. Total value less than some 4bedroom unit loh. :o

azeoprop
08-02-11, 22:06
Staying in my parent's home foc hee hee. :o Not all for investment, one will be my new home. :)

noblebaby
08-02-11, 22:17
Think Isle will b the best to stay among the 3, LOL.

Staying in my parent's home foc hee hee. :o Not all for investment, one will be my new home. :)

hyenergix
09-02-11, 04:28
If I were him, I will rent out all 3 condos and still stay with parents. They will look after you and the house :)

ecimbew
10-02-11, 09:53
Is the rental market so good? Is it still possible to rent when there are so many rental options in the market?

ecimbew
10-02-11, 09:54

Azeoprop is perhaps the most eligible single now. LOL

hopeful
10-02-11, 10:07

Many here are MBA :D

azeoprop
10-02-11, 11:39

Sorry... more like in big debts and slave to the bank. :scared-3:

azeoprop
21-02-11, 16:23
Update 21th Feb 2011. :)

azeoprop
04-03-11, 13:08
Update 4th March 2011. :)

kane
07-03-11, 23:50
how is minton selling nowadays? they started looking kinda pricey at launch but recent launches in further out places are, in a warped way, making them look a little more reasonable than before. though i still find them quite ex.

azeoprop
08-03-11, 04:53

According to the blog, most of the recent sales are the big units. I would say sales is rather slow about 10 units a month I guess. :beats-me-man:

kane
08-03-11, 07:53
People who rather rush to buy H2O than this is mind boggling. But that's the power of marketing. I tried walking at a leisurely pace to Nex from Minton, it took me 13mins. Too bad I wasn't looking to be within 1 km of PLMGS.

fclim
09-03-11, 14:13
Any one with the latest news on the completion date given the pace of the current construction? It was stated as 31st Dec 2013 previously.

azeoprop
09-03-11, 14:16
People who rather rush to buy H2O than this is mind boggling. But that's the power of marketing. I tried walking at a leisurely pace to Nex from Minton, it took me 13mins. Too bad I wasn't looking to be within 1 km of PLMGS.

Buy Buy Buy! :rolleyes:

azeoprop
09-03-11, 14:17
Any one with the latest news on the completion date given the pace of the current construction? It was stated as 31st Dec 2013 previously.

I'm not too sure as well, but its a massive project. :beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
09-03-11, 18:44
Is this a subsale?

8 Hougang Street 11 #02-22
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$880
$871k
25 Jan 11

azeoprop
09-03-11, 20:03
I dun think so...stack 22 is a rather expensive stack.

8 Hougang Street 11 #06-22
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$927
$918k
13 Dec 10

can see how much the price has increased since launch...

8 Hougang Street 11 #10-22
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$915
$906k
06 Jul 10

8 Hougang Street 11 #11-22
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$905
$895k
28 Jun 10

phantom_opera
09-03-11, 20:19
Hmm about the same price as WFI's stack 35/36 2br (poolview/partial lakeview) but slightly bigger unit due to presence of planter. No wonder WFI 2brs sold out first b4 this project.

phantom_opera
09-03-11, 20:31
10C Hougang Street 11 #12-42
99 Yrs From 27/07/2007
$1002
560sqft
$561k
29 Jun 10

Even 1br with poolview also similar psf compared to WFI back in June 2010 but with poorer furnishing and further away from MRT. Subsale will be tough.

Planter

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/the-minton/floorplan-typeA4-A5(P).jpg

azeoprop
14-03-11, 17:09
Update 14th mar 2011. :)

bargain hunter
22-03-11, 08:26
A COUPLE have sued a unit of property developer Kheng Leong, claiming the apartment the firm delivered to them was unfit for occupation.
Mr Benson Tan and his wife Amelia, who bought a unit at Oasis Garden condominium, have sued Peak Homes Development, seeking compensation for various costs, such as the rental for another house while the unit was being repaired and the moving charges involved.
They are claiming $12,146.73 in direct losses, plus interest as well as unspecified damages for being sold a unit unfit for habitation at the time of delivery, including for the alleged distress and inconvenience they suffered.
The case got under way in the Subordinate Courts yesterday.
In the suit, the couple claimed they found several defects when the apartment was first inspected after the keys were collected from the developer.
The couple bought the 1,519 sq ft three-bedroom unit for $1.08 million in October 2007.
The Tans, represented by lawyer P. Padman of KSCGP Juris, told the court yesterday that when the ground-floor unit was handed over in November 2009, it was in an 'uninhabitable' state.
According to court documents, substantial defects were present throughout the apartment, including plumbing, flooring and carpentry problems.
Mr Tan said the couple were forced to rent another home for six months while extensive repair work was carried out by Peak Homes' contractors.
The apartment, currently occupied by Mr Tan and his wife, is among 134 units at Oasis Garden, located in Jalan Bunga Rampai, off Upper Paya Lebar Road.
Peak Homes, through its lawyer Melvin Lum of WongPartnership, responded in a court-filed document, claiming the couple were unrealistic in their demands.
The couple's expectations, it said, far exceeded the industry standards laid out in the Building and Construction Authority's guidelines.
Peak Homes has argued that most of the defects set out by the couple were minor ones, consisting mostly of stains. They said these would not have rendered the unit unsafe or impossible to occupy.
The firm argued that it had carried out the work to rectify the defects and covered the costs.
It added that on top of these rectifications, the couple had asked Peak Homes' main contractor to carry out more renovation and upgrading work on their unit.
This is not the first time a developer has been sued by residents. Last month, residents of Emery Point, a project in Tanjong Katong, sued City Developments, the main contractor, five sub-contractors and the architect over numerous building defects.
The case was ultimately resolved amicably out of court.
The Kheng Leong group has real estate developments across the region in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Australia.
Its projects here include the 1,145-unit The Minton in Lorong Ah Soo.
The hearing is expected to continue on May 11.

mcmlxxvi
22-03-11, 10:14
Best of luck to Minton buyers...

azeoprop
22-03-11, 11:30
Oh dear.....Must scrutinize every sqft of the house for defects when collecting keys from them....:simmering:

mcmlxxvi
22-03-11, 12:05
Oh dear.....Must scrutinize every sqft of the house for defects when collecting keys from them....:simmering:

To put things in perspective - the most quoted defect in the article, 'stains', I encounter a hell lot. Stains on marble flooring, paint splash/stains on the wooden door ledge etc. But those can be easily rectified with thinner or marble repolishing by the developer in minutes/hours. No biggie.

The most horrid ones will be stuff you don't see at the start. Eg. the water heater breaking down ever so often, sealants coming off within months of use, wood cracking, wall plastering leakage / seepage etc. which, in my opinion, may actually be part of the main causes for people selling away within first year or two of getting their 'dream' house.

moomooteo
22-03-11, 12:16

Hope that this is not the first key taking over for u. Don have high expectation. There will be defects, just major or minor. If u wan less defects, I will say HDB is the best. They have the best workmanships and the least defects.

This is from my personal experience. In 2003, when I took over my Punggol Flat, no complains. 6 years later, when i took over my first condo, I have a big list of defects of defects. Now, when I take over from developers, I will expect alot of defects. You may be paying alot more money, but that does not buy U quality in mass market projects. U wan good quality, look for Wheelocks or SC Simon. This is something like VW cars. This is a people car in Germany but become a Premium brand in SIN. But its DNA is still a people's car, meaning we are overpaying and overexpectating the overcome.

fclim
22-03-11, 12:36
This is bad publicity for them at the wrong time... Japan Earthquake, Middle East Crisis, Government's impending 5th cooling measure. Not sure if they will give discounts for The Minton though.

amk
22-03-11, 13:17
.. Not sure if they will give discounts for The Minton though.

are u kidding ? do u know who owns kheng leong ? ;)

yes bargain_hunter your favorite man ;)

bargain hunter
22-03-11, 13:29
hahaha rip off man won't give discount one lah.

BUT, to be fair, i m not sure why but Duchess seems to be their only rip off (defined as public price significantly more than kelong price. > 20%!)

their other projects pricing was quite ok lah hor? ;)

bargain hunter
22-03-11, 13:32
hey. the new bargain_hunter is the one with the underscore between the name (but he seems to have disappeared after posting some good insight on landed)...i m bargain hunter. LOL.

mcmlxxvi
22-03-11, 13:55
Finally we complete the full name - BAD.Minton. ;P

ecimbew
22-03-11, 23:33
It's about time for government to act against lousy and irresponsible private developers and contractors.

DaytonaSS
22-03-11, 23:37
It's about time for government to act against lousy and irresponsible private developers and contractors.

Its time cos 1 hand i wanna cool, other hand u slap my face n bid highest. U make my life difficult, i wanna see how u sell.

ysyap
23-03-11, 10:09
Its time cos 1 hand i wanna cool, other hand u slap my face n bid highest. U make my life difficult, i wanna see how u sell.

Agreed! The bidding system is designed for govt to gain the most at the expense of S'poreans when developer pass those cost to the buyers. Cooling efforts should start right from the beginning from selling of lands at lower psf and even when developers bid ridiculous price for it, they should not be accepted just coz of attractive income for URA. Haven't heard much about land parcels being sold to developers that is not the highest bidder. This price control by govt can go a long way to preventing prices to sky rocket at ridiculous rate. Other complications that arose as a result can also be addressed separately and case by case basis.

devilplate
23-03-11, 12:06
Agreed! The bidding system is designed for govt to gain the most at the expense of S'poreans when developer pass those cost to the buyers. Cooling efforts should start right from the beginning from selling of lands at lower psf and even when developers bid ridiculous price for it, they should not be accepted just coz of attractive income for URA. Haven't heard much about land parcels being sold to developers that is not the highest bidder. This price control by govt can go a long way to preventing prices to sky rocket at ridiculous rate. Other complications that arose as a result can also be addressed separately and case by case basis.

govt award white sites not solely based on highest bid....they look into overall proposed design etc...

residential sites so far all highest bidder wins....mabe shd follow white site? hehe...

ysyap
23-03-11, 12:31
govt award white sites not solely based on highest bid....they look into overall proposed design etc...

residential sites so far all highest bidder wins....mabe shd follow white site? hehe...

I know that overall proposed design is considered duly but it can't be so so so so coincidental that all great overall designs are those with highest bids... :tsk-tsk: Maybe overall designs are weighed against the monetary gains. :doh: Ask URA to be more transparent on their consideration criterion. :D

devilplate
23-03-11, 12:55
I know that overall proposed design is considered duly but it can't be so so so so coincidental that all great overall designs are those with highest bids... :tsk-tsk: Maybe overall designs are weighed against the monetary gains. :doh: Ask URA to be more transparent on their consideration criterion. :D

u got me wrong i tink...

i am saying residential sites dun really factor in the overall design criteria....tats y i suggest mabe can follow similar system as those white sites been sold:D

chuash
24-03-11, 22:49
To put things in perspective - the most quoted defect in the article, 'stains', I encounter a hell lot. Stains on marble flooring, paint splash/stains on the wooden door ledge etc. But those can be easily rectified with thinner or marble repolishing by the developer in minutes/hours. No biggie.

The most horrid ones will be stuff you don't see at the start. Eg. the water heater breaking down ever so often, sealants coming off within months of use, wood cracking, wall plastering leakage / seepage etc. which, in my opinion, may actually be part of the main causes for people selling away within first year or two of getting their 'dream' house.

hi, i understand we can get home insurance market by ntuc income. if such things happen after 1 year warranty after TOP, one can submit claims to the home insurance we insured with. At least the damages can be claimed back. :doh:

ysyap
25-03-11, 06:30
hi, i understand we can get home insurance market by ntuc income. if such things happen after 1 year warranty after TOP, one can submit claims to the home insurance we insured with. At least the damages can be claimed back. :doh:

But home insurance don't cover everything. You must pay more to cover more. Anyway, it is the frustration of getting around to repair and the extra cost you pay becoz contractor do lousy job...:banghead:

azeoprop
31-03-11, 10:11
Btw, the developer raised prices by 2% on 23 March 11. :rolleyes:

noblebaby
31-03-11, 10:29
look like the roads surrounding this huge development is quite narrow, any issue in the future?

Update 14th mar 2011. :)

fclim
31-03-11, 12:38
look like the roads surrounding this huge development is quite narrow, any issue in the future?

The road could be widened, just like Simon Road at Kovan Residences. I think sales at The Minton will move once buyers realise that it is currently the cheapest (in terms of psf) new launch in D19.

Developer will definitely need to raise prices as construction costs will rise sharply in the next one to two years. Highest bid at Bartley Road site is $621 psfppr. Given the high construction costs expected, the breakeven would be at least $1,200 psf which means selling price could well be $1,300 to $1,400 psf.

Highest bidder Hong Leong Gp says the 700 units will be for young families, professionals and upgraders. Hmm.. MM units.

devilplate
31-03-11, 13:31
Developer will definitely need to raise prices as construction costs will rise sharply in the next one to two years. Highest bid at Bartley Road site is $621 psfppr. Given the high construction costs expected, the breakeven would be at least $1,200 psf which means selling price could well be $1,300 to $1,400 psf.

i believe breakeven is 621+300-400psf=900-1kpsf.....this aint luxury and no DC charge

so launch px 1.2-1.3kpsf expected

minton, got planter/baywindow and not near MRT and sizes r quite big by today's standard...so i tink current prices of about 850-900psf seems fair...not undervalued definitely:2cents:

azeoprop
31-03-11, 15:24
Update 31st March 2011. :)

http://youtu.be/iq2Su1ZIZrE

ysyap
31-03-11, 15:41
Btw, the developer raised prices by 2% on 23 March 11. :rolleyes:

Pressured by BUC projects in the region like 57@ Kovan, Waterline, Space @ kovan and the most recent Urban Residence all asking 1100+psf along with many other projects hovering at about 1000 psf. Other projects nearby are pushing up their prices this month... :doh: Not sure is it healthy in long run...

devilplate
31-03-11, 15:57
Pressured by BUC projects in the region like 57@ Kovan, Waterline, Space @ kovan and the most recent Urban Residence all asking 1100+psf along with many other projects hovering at about 1000 psf. Other projects nearby are pushing up their prices this month... :doh: Not sure is it healthy in long run...

40% downpayment and yet ppl still buying....so many cash rich folks around:D

DaytonaSS
31-03-11, 16:12
40% downpayment and yet ppl still buying....so many cash rich folks around:D

Hope I read it correctly..... 63% of OCR proj in first quarter bought by chinaman? Did I interpret it correctly?

devilplate
31-03-11, 16:24
Hope I read it correctly..... 63% of OCR proj in first quarter bought by chinaman? Did I interpret it correctly?

"The largest proportion of sales of prime residential units went to Indonesian buyers, contributing 24 percent of the total units sold. This was followed by Chinese and Malaysian buyers, acquiring 16 percent and 14 percent of prime residential units respectively.

Indeed, Chinese buyers were second only to Singaporeans in terms of the total number of units acquired in the first quarter. Nearly 241 units were sold to Chinese buyers, of which 63 percent were located in the mass market and priced at between S$500,000 and S$1.5 million."

So, 63% of 241=151units OCR ppty sold to PRC :D :cheers6:

DaytonaSS
31-03-11, 18:32
"The largest proportion of sales of prime residential units went to Indonesian buyers, contributing 24 percent of the total units sold. This was followed by Chinese and Malaysian buyers, acquiring 16 percent and 14 percent of prime residential units respectively.

Indeed, Chinese buyers were second only to Singaporeans in terms of the total number of units acquired in the first quarter. Nearly 241 units were sold to Chinese buyers, of which 63 percent were located in the mass market and priced at between S$500,000 and S$1.5 million."

Misleading information or my England not powderful........

Chinese buyers took up the largest share for mass market units, at 63%, priced between S$500,000 and S$1.5 million.

Their share of units priced above S$5 million in central and prime districts was at 32%.

DaytonaSS
31-03-11, 21:03

DP u mind sharing the source of the article? the ones i read all the same phrasing one....

devilplate
01-04-11, 00:36
DP u mind sharing the source of the article? the ones i read all the same phrasing one....

sure:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/3/30044/singapore-s-mass-market-property-prices-hit-record

DaytonaSS
01-04-11, 01:28
sure:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/3/30044/singapore-s-mass-market-property-prices-hit-record

Thanks! The influx of chinese will ramp price high high!

ysyap
01-04-11, 07:55
Thanks! The influx of chinese will ramp price high high!

Yeah... if govt allow the prcs to enter our property market at such an alarming fashion and exercise their influences and tilt the prices so drastically, then they (govt) must at least help S'poreans to
1. afford a decent home which they say they are with HDB but so poor s'poreans will not enjoy the prestige and luxuries of condo living.. just be content in HDB? Am I being too demanding? :D
2. invest in properties if prices keep shooting north. Foreigners get richer at the expense of Singapore market??? (generalizing only :). There are very rich Singaporeans too but how many? Not too many)
Singaporeans did not ask for these influx of foreigners in our property market (in fact we asked for them not to enter so aggressively) so if govt not doing anything to curb price hikes from these influxes, then must really protect interest of Singaporeans in other ways lor... :D. It is really frustrating to see how we're subjected to such external influences ... :banghead:. When I work hard to nearly afford a condo, prices climbed again and I miss it again. Work hard again... Sigh!:doh:

fclim
01-04-11, 11:17
Misleading information or my England not powderful........

Chinese buyers took up the largest share for mass market units, at 63%, priced between S$500,000 and S$1.5 million.

Their share of units priced above S$5 million in central and prime districts was at 32%.

Of all the foreign buyers, Chinese took the largest share of mass market at 63%. However of ALL buyers, Singaporeans still form the majority. Chinese maybe 20 to 25%.

fclim
01-04-11, 11:20
Of all the foreign buyers, Chinese took the largest share of mass market at 63%. However of ALL buyers, Singaporeans still form the majority. Chinese maybe 20 to 25%.

Sorry. Ignore. Wrong interpretation. It should be , of the total units bought by Chinese, 63% were Mass Market ones.

fan
02-04-11, 18:04
Sorry. Ignore. Wrong interpretation. It should be , of the total units bought by Chinese, 63% were Mass Market ones.

Yes. The Chinese bought 241 units in the first quarter. 63%=152 units mass market ones, 37%=89 units in prime. Did not say the percentage of Chinese buyers out of total.

teddybear
02-04-11, 21:34
Govt should just restrict HDBs to citizens owership, regardless resale or new. PRs are the ones pushing up HDB resale prices!

Yeah... if govt allow the prcs to enter our property market at such an alarming fashion and exercise their influences and tilt the prices so drastically, then they (govt) must at least help S'poreans to
1. afford a decent home which they say they are with HDB but so poor s'poreans will not enjoy the prestige and luxuries of condo living.. just be content in HDB? Am I being too demanding? :D
2. invest in properties if prices keep shooting north. Foreigners get richer at the expense of Singapore market??? (generalizing only :). There are very rich Singaporeans too but how many? Not too many)
Singaporeans did not ask for these influx of foreigners in our property market (in fact we asked for them not to enter so aggressively) so if govt not doing anything to curb price hikes from these influxes, then must really protect interest of Singaporeans in other ways lor... :D. It is really frustrating to see how we're subjected to such external influences ... :banghead:. When I work hard to nearly afford a condo, prices climbed again and I miss it again. Work hard again... Sigh!:doh:

azeoprop
02-04-11, 23:52

Apparently that Hougang street 11 has been widened for the construction vehicles.... hrmmm.. :beats-me-man:

fclim
04-04-11, 14:03
The builder is Qing Jian Construction Co. They have projects in Natura Loft and Nin Residence. Anyone knows anything about the company in terms of construction quality?

sleek
04-04-11, 15:35
Some work-in-progress pics of Natura Loft can be found here (http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/285/aft/514/afv/topic/afpgj/600/Default.aspx#257642) :- http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/285/aft/514/afv/topic/afpgj/600/Default.aspx#257642

fclim
07-04-11, 11:01
Some work-in-progress pics of Natura Loft can be found here (http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/285/aft/514/afv/topic/afpgj/600/Default.aspx#257642) :- http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/285/aft/514/afv/topic/afpgj/600/Default.aspx#257642

Hmm.. doesn't seem too good comments there. Maybe they are both developer and builder at Natura Loft. Hope developers at The Minton, especially, Low Keng Huat who are builders themselves, can exercise strict quality controls.

azeoprop
13-04-11, 14:38
Update 13th April 2011. :)

vinlow
13-04-11, 18:47
The brochure stated TOP being June 2015 while most of the internet site stated end 2014, but property agent at show flat told me should be end 2013.

I know most of the time the actual TOP is earlier than the brochure indicated date. Anyone able to advise how much earlier on the average?

kane
13-04-11, 23:24
i have a soft spot for this project, the only thing holding me back is the tenure.

azeoprop
14-04-11, 00:27
i have a soft spot for this project, the only thing holding me back is the tenure.

Yah loh, by the time it TOP only 93yrs left. :(

kane
14-04-11, 00:53
All units were of a good size. No silly shrunk down units like the recent launches but marked up in psf to maintain a similar quantum.

fclim
14-04-11, 09:43
Yah loh, by the time it TOP only 93yrs left. :(

Thanks Azeoprop for the regular updates. Most condos are left with 95 years at TOP anyway. This project seems to stand out from the others in the comprehensive facilities that it offers. The most useful facilities I find are the 82 seat library, the six shops (1 is a childcare centre) and the aircon badminton dome which doubles as a big function hall. The tranquil world will be a welcome sight especially at night with its lights on.

With such facilities, I am sure it will be attractive at TOP. The beautiful compounds within the development will differentiate it from the other projects. Most of the projects nowadays are tightly packed within a small land area of about 250,000 sq ft. People who view this project at TOP will suddenly see and feel its spaciously and beauty. This is what I believe will make it attractive. Just like Clover by the Park now. It is really outstanding and beautiful from the outside.

And The Minton is still selling at less than $900 psf. Btw, i am not an agent, but I have bought a unit there for own stay.

azeoprop
14-04-11, 09:46
Actually I was wondering if they can allow me to upsize my studio to a 2 bedder or not haa haa ... :p

ysyap
14-04-11, 15:16
Thanks Azeoprop for the regular updates. Most condos are left with 95 years at TOP anyway. This project seems to stand out from the others in the comprehensive facilities that it offers. The most useful facilities I find are the 82 seat library, the six shops (1 is a childcare centre) and the aircon badminton dome which doubles as a big function hall. The tranquil world will be a welcome sight especially at night with its lights on.

With such facilities, I am sure it will be attractive at TOP. It is indeed an attractive condo with all the special facilities available. However, isn't the volume of residents too high for comfortable use of these facilities? The pool will be crowded during weekends? With more than 1000 units in that area, its like a dense small town. Was tempted to buy a unit there too...

fclim
14-04-11, 16:40
It is indeed an attractive condo with all the special facilities available. However, isn't the volume of residents too high for comfortable use of these facilities? The pool will be crowded during weekends? With more than 1000 units in that area, its like a dense small town. Was tempted to buy a unit there too...

Yes, that is one drawback for this project. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. It's a trade-off. Lesser residents in a project means lesser facilities available since no economy of scale or maintenance fees will be high. Just have to wait and see how it turns out. My feel is that the swimming pool and spa are novelties that will wear out after some time. The library, shops and badminton dome will be utilised most of the time. Most importantly, the units are all quite good facing with ample space between the blocks. Hardly can find such projects nowadays if privacy is an important consideration.