PDA

View Full Version : Property market sentiments 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

devilplate
30-07-10, 10:39
Why do people buy new condo and wait for 3 years when the price is 30% higher than comparable resale apts which are a few years old and immediately available for occupation or rent?

Does it make any sense?

do some groundwork urself...go and hunt for resale condos...u will understand y

devilplate
30-07-10, 10:42
Because they want to be the first owner of a brand new condo?

tats not the main reason...most of the times, i bot from developers as well especially during bull run....and i will get resale/subsale gona TOP during downturn

ay123
30-07-10, 11:11
tats not the main reason...most of the times, i bot from developers as well especially during bull run....and i will get resale/subsale gona TOP during downturn

wow u very zooooon to time the market. not easy to get TOP during downturn leh....timing must be very good

devilplate
30-07-10, 11:19
wow u very zooooon to time the market. not easy to get TOP during downturn leh....timing must be very good

er...many last yr actually...i spotted clift, one amber, MBR, centris, casa merah, sky11,P11 and some resale like CL as well as starbuy like WFW, Wharf, signature at lewis...

i wished i got so much $$$ at tat time

jwong71
30-07-10, 11:21
Why do people buy new condo and wait for 3 years when the price is 30% higher than comparable resale apts which are a few years old and immediately available for occupation or rent?

Does it make any sense?

some pp are buying time,for market recovery. Then flip in 3yrs time, rather to take chances and risks at current times with a old or existing unit

DC33_2008
30-07-10, 11:31
some pp are buying time,for market recovery. Then flip in 3yrs time, rather to take chances and risks at current times with a old or existing unit

3-year time-frame is too long. Rather risky these days. Too much volatility in the market: Interest rate, Eurozone, etc.

gfoo
30-07-10, 11:32
i treat the home i stay in as an expense, not an investment. about to execute on a 6 bedder penthouse, no where near mrt, LH, all around nothing but trees and a smattering of houses, bloody ulu - but costs less than a studio in town. Even if i hire a chauffeur for wife still cheaper. bo pian, new additions to family necessitate a much bigger space.

(Bay/park view 3 bedder at Sail for rent, cheap cheap, PM me directly and save agent comm, corp only)

DC33_2008
30-07-10, 11:42
Most of the projects went down early last year due to the US crisis. Any purchase made early last year is a good buy.
er...many last yr actually...i spotted clift, one amber, MBR, centris, casa merah, sky11,P11 and some resale like CL as well as starbuy like WFW, Wharf, signature at lewis...

i wished i got so much $$$ at tat time

devilplate
30-07-10, 11:48
Most of the projects went down early last year due to the US crisis. Any purchase made early last year is a good buy.

not any purchase made last yr will be good buy lah...some only make 10% while others made 60-70%...those u bot last yr and TOP now or this yr April will be the most ideal....MAX GAIN

landed best buy!!! 90%....or rather sentosa bungalows!!! more den doubled!!!

jwong71
30-07-10, 11:48
3-year time-frame is too long. Rather risky these days. Too much volatility in the market: Interest rate, Eurozone, etc.

Those 'wet market' uncle aunty buy without thinking of the mentioned risks. just follow lol.

devilplate
30-07-10, 11:51
Those 'wet market' uncle aunty buy without thinking of the mentioned risks. just follow lol.

i hf been buying new launches since market recovery(after June 2009...market started to recover oredi) BUT i am no wet market uncle!!!:tongue3:

jwong71
30-07-10, 12:03
i hf been buying new launches since market recovery(after June 2009...market started to recover oredi) BUT i am no wet market uncle!!!:tongue3:

those 'pp' buy without knowing the current market sediments etc euro,interest rate.
in short not as savvy

sleek
30-07-10, 12:06
Thought its called herd instinct? :D

those 'pp' buy without knowing the current market sediments etc euro,interest rate.
in short not as savvy

devilplate
30-07-10, 12:32
Thought its called herd instinct? :D

me too:o ...u also:tongue3:

Rysk
30-07-10, 12:53
You are right. Garment thinking, "Wow, price so good now; better release more land 1st before introduce some measures later; wayang abit".:D

Gd tactic.. there's why garment keep releasing far end cheap land like Punggol & Jurong West & make Big$$ when demand is high..

Any other tactic.. do increase limit speed expressway.. install speed cam at bottleneck area.. cos the traffic to slow down.. make it jam like hell.. finally they say ERP gantry is needed.. haha!!

Rysk
30-07-10, 13:09
Any other tactic.. don't increase limit speed expressway.. install speed cam at bottleneck area.. cos the traffic to slow down.. make it jam like hell.. finally they say ERP gantry is needed.. haha!!

Laguna
30-07-10, 14:03
what to buy is knowledge, when to buy is wisdom!
dare to buy is foresight

limfc
30-07-10, 15:25
dare to buy is foresight
where to buy is depend on budget!? :doh: :D

sleek
30-07-10, 16:33
Three HUDC estates identified for privatisation
Posted: 30 July 2010 1542 hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1072397/1/.html)

SINGAPORE : Three HUDC estates have been identified for privatisation.

The estates are located at Hougang North Neighbourhood 3, Hougang North Neighbourhood 7, and Potong Pasir.

The Ministry of National Development (MND) says the three estates comprise a total of 797 flats.

To privatise the HUDC estates, residents will have to obtain at least 75 per cent support for the privatisation before they can apply for the issuance of subsidiary strata certificates of title for their flats.

They will also have to seek the Housing & Development Board's (HDB) consent as the landlord for the privatisation.

The ministry says the process of legal transfer of title from HDB to the flat owners will take about two-and-a-half years.

The residents of each estate will have to form a protem committee comprising resident representatives to act on their behalf.

The protem committee will garner support for the privatisation and also liaise with HDB and other organisations on all matters relating to the privatisation process.

According to a statement from the ministry, lessees in these three estates currently do not own the common property, such as the car parks and landscaped areas.

Upon the conversion to strata titles, they will own their respective strata units as well as the common property as tenants-in-common.

They will have to form a management council to look after the management and maintenance of their estate.

The HUDC lessees will have to pay the costs for privatisation, which include legal and survey cost, as well as cost of land transfer.

MND will cap the cost of privatisation at $30,000 per flat for the three newly-designated estates at Hougang and Potong Pasir.

This will be similar to the cap for the two designated HUDC estates currently undergoing the privatisation process, namely Eunosville and Bishan (Shunfu) estates.

The ministry says with the changes in property market in recent years and heightened interest in en bloc sales, the redevelopment potential of the estate needs to be considered in determining the land value for the purpose of sale to the flat owners. This will affect the privatisation cost payable. - CNA /ls

devilplate
30-07-10, 17:18
dare to buy is foresight

dare to buy==got big balls:D

kalumder
30-07-10, 17:44
well I never would have predicted prices shooting up they way the did in the last year. Quite a learning experience, not really sure what to conclude. I guess the majority buyers are foreigners (PRC etc..) looking to divest park their money in Singapore. I guess I underestimated that. Property prices shooting up between 50-90% depending on projects. Yet rental is still about the same or has increased (10%) since last year., few projects are even down.

I am not sure, if you guys understand how expensive Singapore has become to buy a condo/apartment. What good is the low tax rate, if now a significant larger % of your salary goes to your mortgage... Must be nice to be a bank, or property developer.

As an example, 3 million for a 1500-1800 sqft apartment in Rivergate, and no one is blinking an eye? Buy a HDB if you must stay/work in Singapore, and you can still buy several properties just outside Singapore in many fantastic places in South east asia within a 2 hour range by plane, and live the high-life on the weekends with plenty of money to spend on partying or what ever it is you do in your "free" time.

devilplate
30-07-10, 17:50
well I never would have predicted prices shooting up they way the did in the last year. Quite a learning experience, not really sure what to conclude. I guess the majority buyers are foreigners (PRC etc..) looking to divest park their money in Singapore. I guess I underestimated that. Property prices shooting up between 50-90% depending on projects. Yet rental is still about the same or has increased (10%) since last year., few projects are even down.

I am not sure, if you guys understand how expensive Singapore has become to buy a condo/apartment. What good is the low tax rate, if now a significant larger % of your salary goes to your mortgage... Must be nice to be a bank, or property developer.

As an example, 3 million for a 1500-1800 sqft apartment in Rivergate, and no one is blinking an eye? Buy a HDB if you must stay/work in Singapore, and you can still buy several properties just outside Singapore in many fantastic places in South east asia within a 2 hour range by plane, and live the high-life on the weekends with plenty of money to spend on partying or what ever it is you do in your "free" time.

u missed out my comments....

make $$$/tenants be ur slaves and not the other way round

work hard for ur coy but work much harder for urself

devilplate
30-07-10, 17:53

anyway, i can understand ur frustration...some other forums/blogs...ppl r comparing SG prices with Msia, Aussie, NZ and now even comparing with India!

den for me...i compare with HK, london etc...haha

and now...i complain y landed up so much!!!!!!!!!!! bcoz i missed the boat mah:o

Property_Owner
30-07-10, 20:29

Does it make any sense?

I had already mentioned before.

jlrx
30-07-10, 22:09

Properties are only fantastic if they are expensive.

The value of a property is not in the property itself but by the degree that someone's jaw will drop when he hears you mention that you have such a property.

For example, when Property_Owner said he has a bungalow in Queen Astrid Park, my jaw dropped by 3 degrees.

On the other hand, if he had said that he owns a bungalow in Desaru then my jaw will drop by zero degrees.

Hence the value of a property = (degree of jaw dropping) x (networth of the person whose jaw dropped when he heard you have such a property).

paul phua
30-07-10, 22:27
dare to buy is foresight

Any suggestion of when to sell?

jlrx
30-07-10, 22:41
Any suggestion of when to sell?

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

blackfire
30-07-10, 22:41

Does it make any sense?

It certainly does not make sense to me. The money saved is more than sufficient to renovate the house to brand new. The reason is due to the power of advertisement and marketing. That's why developers spent millions of dollars on advert. There are people, who just didn't do much homework, assess whether good buy on turnout at the showflats, and trust the developers' prices as the current market rate.

devilplate
30-07-10, 23:05
It certainly does not make sense to me. The money saved is more than sufficient to renovate the house to brand new. The reason is due to the power of advertisement and marketing. That's why developers spent millions of dollars on advert. There are people, who just didn't do much homework, assess whether good buy on turnout at the showflats, and trust the developers' prices as the current market rate.

it is on hindsight la

buy neighbouring older resale condo b4 news leak out for the new project...once news leak....u will not find any reasonable priced resale anymore....just like centro...when it was launched...sellers at grandeur 8 all adjusted their prices...

u guys just merely dig out neighbouring resale transacted prices to compare with newly launched projects pricing..timing oredi off...shd compare current resale asking prices with the new projects at the same time....

gd example: cityscape gona launch at 1350psf average...u go and search oxford suites resale now...mostly asking 12xxpsf now....still worth buying oxford suite at 12xxpsf? unless u r resident agt...mabe got chance to buy from a owner who stay overseas now tat nvr monitor the market...hehe

i mentioned this b4 when waterbank launched...when agts r collecting chq for waterbank...asking prices at dakota residences oredi shoot up to 11xxpsf...so u goto prepare to top up 'COV' if u r taking max 80% loan....

so imagine for older resale...u nid to pay 'COV'+reno cost...isit really worthwhile? and even when u noe a future project gona launch like the one at lakeside...y the resale prices still sluggish...some ppl r shouting to HOOT...MAI TU LIAO:D

blackfire
30-07-10, 23:18
it is on hindsight la

buy neighbouring older resale condo b4 news leak out for the new project...once news leak....u will not find any reasonable priced resale anymore....just like centro...when it was launched...sellers at grandeur 8 all adjusted their prices...

u guys just merely dig out neighbouring resale transacted prices to compare with newly launched projects pricing..timing oredi off...shd compare current resale asking prices with the new projects at the same time....

gd example: cityscape gona launch at 1350psf average...u go and search oxford suites resale now...mostly asking 12xxpsf now....still worth buying oxford suite at 12xxpsf? unless u r resident agt...mabe got chance to buy from a owner who stay overseas now tat nvr monitor the market...hehe

i mentioned this b4 when waterbank launched...when agts r collecting chq for waterbank...asking prices at dakota residences oredi shoot up to 11xxpsf...so u goto prepare to top up 'COV' if u r taking max 80% loan....

so imagine for older resale...u nid to pay 'COV'+reno cost...isit really worthwhile? and even when u noe a future project gona launch like the one at lakeside...y the resale prices still sluggish...some ppl r shouting to HOOT...MAI TU LIAO:D

Most valuers can match purchase price for private properties, so COV is not common, it is more applicable for HDB. In fact, for new developments, due to record breaking prices, most valuers can't match, eg One Shenton. But becos it is private properties, there is a willing buyer and seller valuers can try their best to match to get bank financing.

devilplate
30-07-10, 23:22
Most valuers can match purchase price for private properties, so COV is not common, it is more applicable for HDB. In fact, for new developments, due to record breaking prices, most valuers can't match, eg One Shenton. But becos it is private properties, there is a willing buyer and seller valuers can try their best to match to get bank financing.

watever...no nid to smoke me...unless u taking lesser loan let say 60%..den yes...30-50k bank will match,,,...most ppl r taking 80% loan....u can try...go buy neighbouring condos surrounding scala now if u find them cheap....bao jiat

rmb...find the right person to smoke

devilplate
30-07-10, 23:28
just did a check on pptyguru for chiltern park...all the 3bedder r asking 50-100k above last transacted prices...yeah..still cheaper den scala...go buy neow...haha

blackfire
30-07-10, 23:36
watever...no nid to smoke me...unless u taking lesser loan let say 60%..den yes...30-50k bank will match,,,...most ppl r taking 80% loan....u can try...go buy neighbouring condos surrounding scala now if u find them cheap....bao jiat

I'm a banker and property investor, the 2 reasons why u need to pay COV for private properties is either you paid a ridiculously high price or u didn't find a good banker to help u push the valuers.

devilplate
30-07-10, 23:43
I'm a banker and property investor, the 2 reasons why u need to pay COV for private properties is either you paid a ridiculously high price or u didn't find a good banker to help u push the valuers.

wow...good

which bank u from? u mortgage banker? can help me push up one valuation? my cousin selling her ppty now...but most banks can only match 720 to 730k...she wana sell at 800k upwards...PM me if its not approriate to discuss here

devilplate
30-07-10, 23:48
blackfire...pls PM me ok...coz i might nid ur help...y not u post ur hp number here since u r a banker....i am sure alot of us here nid ur help...i desperately need to find power banker tat can help me match 50-100k...coz i m selling one ppty...and the buyer say he check with bank valuation which is 80k lower den my asking price:doh:

currently i only got 2 faithful bankers...both of them not as competent as u!!! they at most say match up another 20-30k and depend on the credibility of the buyer assessment...WTF...I NID U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackfire
30-07-10, 23:52
wow...good

which bank u from? u mortgage banker? can help me push up one valuation? my cousin selling her ppty now...but most banks can only match 720 to 730k...she wana sell at 800k upwards...PM me if its not approriate to discuss here

I was many years ago in the front line. But frankly, if there is a S&P agreement, talk to a few banks, I'm sure they can help. Without S&P, the valuers can't asertain "willing buyer, willing seller". This is fundamentally the difference between HDB and private, whereby HDB needs to have valuation before S&P.

devilplate
31-07-10, 00:00
I was many years ago in the front line. But frankly, if there is a S&P agreement, talk to a few banks, I'm sure they can help. Without S&P, the valuers can't asertain "willing buyer, willing seller". This is fundamentally the difference between HDB and private, whereby HDB needs to have valuation before S&P.

but seriously i am not joking!

bcoz my cousin apt only 14units...last transacted price was very low...and doesnt reflect current market prices....

S&P? its resale!! or u mean OTP? do u hf any contact? power banker? oredi got one buyer very very keen to offer 810k...but b4 he can give us the 1% deposit....he nid a bank to match tat price...but contacted all major banks but cant match!!!!!!!!!!!! my 2 incompetent bankers only match 740k max.:doh:

any contact to pass me? power banker? since u oredi so experienced and power in this line...sure got power banker to reccommend? WE NID UR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

one more thing: i really duno got such thing for resale...got S&P agreement meh? i tot only got offer to purchase den if seller accept will issue OTP....S&P only applies if buying from developer rite? OH NO...suddenly i like so blur and noob!!! wah lau...i dare not tell ppl i actually start investing in ppty since 2006! so MALU!

proud owner
31-07-10, 00:07

bcoz my cousin apt only 14units...last transacted price was very low...and doesnt reflect current market prices....

S&P? its resale!! or u mean OTP? do u hf any contact? power banker? oredi got one buyer very very keen to offer 810k...but b4 he can give us the 1% deposit....he nid a bank to match tat price...but contacted all major banks but cant match!!!!!!!!!!!! my 2 incompetent bankers only match 740k max.:doh:

any contact to pass me? power banker? since u oredi so experienced and power in this line...sure got power banker to reccommend? WE NID UR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

your problem is not isolated leh ...

alot of condo new or old (except new launch) .. asking price always higher than valuation ...

and alot of time the valuation varies from bank to bank ..

remember when you are a BUYER .. you always encounter sellers asking higher than the valuation .. ?

you will try to bargain with seller base on valuation

now the table turns .. you cousin is the seller .. buyer will also use the low valuation to bargain .. .

best is .. you buy from your cousin .. lodge the caveat ..

then your cousin buy back from you .. lose a bit of stamp duty ..

i am sure the next valuation will be very high ...

devilplate
31-07-10, 00:13
ATTENTION TO ALL POWER BANKERS,

IF U CAN HELP US TO PUSH UP VALUATION AND EVEN GIVE A PROPER MARKET VALUATION BASED ON SURROUNDING CONDO PPTY PRICES WITHIN THE SAME AREA...PLS LEAVE UR CONTACT NUMBER HERE!

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I GOT HEADACHE...SMALL BOUTIQUE APTS ONLY GOT A FEW UNITS ...IF LAST TRANSACTED WAS VERY LOW...HOW COME BANKERS ALWAYS BASED ON TAT VALUATION...I TOLD THEM NEARBY TRANSACTING 100-150PSF MORE...BUT THEY TOLD ME JUST ONE STREET DIFFERENCE, PRICES CAN VARY ALOT! WTH! DEN HOW COME HDB VALUATION BASED ON THE WHOLE NEIGHBOURHOOD AVERAGE TRANSACTED PRICES BUT NOT PTE PPTY

PLS LEAVE UR CONTACT HERE....WE R VERY KEEN TO DO BUSINESS WITH U!
I WILL RECOMMEND ALL MY FRENS/RELATIVES TO U

blackfire
31-07-10, 00:15

one more thing: i really duno got such thing for resale...got S&P agreement meh? i tot only got offer to purchase den if seller accept will issue OTP....S&P only applies if buying from developer rite? OH NO...suddenly i like so blur and noob!!! wah lau...i dare not tell ppl i actually start investing in ppty since 2006! so MALU!

I'm sorry, housing loan team staff turnover is very high, can't keep track who are good ones. You may tell your bankers to try valuers from APC or Orangtee. Get the senior ones.They are more "business minded".

devilplate
31-07-10, 00:16
your problem is not isolated leh ...

alot of condo new or old (except new launch) .. asking price always higher than valuation ...

and alot of time the valuation varies from bank to bank ..

remember when you are a BUYER .. you always encounter sellers asking higher than the valuation .. ?

you will try to bargain with seller base on valuation

now the table turns .. you cousin is the seller .. buyer will also use the low valuation to bargain .. .

best is .. you buy from your cousin .. lodge the caveat ..

then your cousin buy back from you .. lose a bit of stamp duty ..

i am sure the next valuation will be very high ...

OBVIOUSLY I OREDI KNOW THIS LAH!

ITS TAT SOMEONE WHO CLAIMED HIMSELF AS A BANKER CUM PPTY INVESTOR....DEN TURN ARD AND TELL ME HE NO LONGER A BANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

proud owner
31-07-10, 00:17

IF U CAN HELP US TO PUSH UP VALUATION AND EVEN GIVE A PROPER MARKET VALUATION BASED ON SURROUNDING CONDO PPTY PRICES WITHIN THE SAME AREA...PLS LEAVE UR CONTACT NUMBER HERE!

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I GOT HEADACHE...SMALL BOUTIQUE APTS ONLY GOT A FEW UNITS ...IF LAST TRANSACTED WAS VERY LOW...HOW COME BANKERS ALWAYS BASED ON TAT VALUATION...I TOLD THEM NEARBY TRANSACTING 100-150PSF MORE...BUT THEY TOLD ME JUST ONE STREET DIFFERENCE, PRICES CAN VARY ALOT! WTH! DEN HOW COME HDB VALUATION BASED ON THE WHOLE NEIGHBOURHOOD AVERAGE TRANSACTED PRICES BUT NOT PTE PPTY

I also cannot explain why .. but the same scenario is played out everywhere ..

Varisty Park 99 LH can sell 1000 psf for big units ..

while The Stellar FH , next to Varsity park .. newer .. psf only 900 ish

why ?

devilplate
31-07-10, 00:19
I'm sorry, housing loan team staff turnover is very high, can't keep track who are good ones. You may tell your bankers to try valuers from APC or Orangtee. Get the senior ones.They are more "business minded".

I TOT U SAY U R A BANKER CUM PPTY INVESTOR?

EVEN U R NO LONGER IN BANKING LINE...I AM SURE U STILL INVEST RITE? HOW COME U DUNWAN TO GIME US ANY BANKER'S CONTACT?

IF I CAAN FIND SUCH POWER BANKER TAT CAN HELP TO PUSH UP VALUATION, Y I ASK U FOR HELP?

proud owner
31-07-10, 00:21
OBVIOUSLY I OREDI KNOW THIS LAH!

ITS TAT SOMEONE WHO CLAIMED HIMSELF AS A BANKER CUM PPTY INVESTOR....DEN TURN ARD AND TELL ME HE NO LONGER A BANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

i give him the benefit of doubt ..that he is a banker + prop investors ..

precisely becos of the native of his job and his investment .. he CANNOT HELP YOU LAH .. conflict of interests.. and if MAS investigate ..he can lose his job ..

MAS very strict ...

recently in spore a lot of bankers kana fired already .. becos MAS investigated into something they did many many years ago ..

devilplate
31-07-10, 00:26
i give him the benefit of doubt ..that he is a banker + prop investors ..

precisely becos of the native of his job and his investment .. he CANNOT HELP YOU LAH .. conflict of interests.. and if MAS investigate ..he can lose his job ..

MAS very strict ...

recently in spore a lot of bankers kana fired already .. becos MAS investigated into something they did many many years ago ..

yes..u r very right...tats wat my 2 banker told me too:D

but tat blackfire tok until like so easy....so i ask him for help lor...cant even pass me any contact....on the other hand, my 2 bankers always ask me to refer them clients...haha

moreover, nowadays...banker goto approach at least 3 valuers....last time they can actually approach tat particular valuer whom he noes usually give him the highest valuation...BUT NOT NOW ANYMORE

proud owner
31-07-10, 00:34

but tat blackfire tok until like so easy....so i ask him for help lor...cant even pass me any contact....on the other hand, my 2 bankers always ask me to refer them clients...haha

moreover, nowadays...banker goto approach at least 3 valuers....last time they can actually approach tat particular valuer whom he noes usually give him the highest valuation...BUT NOT NOW ANYMORE

what is intersting to know is:

how do valuers value a property?

what do they look out for ?

location? size? condition? neighbouring projects, ? nearby amenities?

what else?

devilplate
31-07-10, 00:40

what else?

i can be pte ppty valuer also...they just based on the transaction on tat project alone...very easy

tats y i nvr bother to check bank valuation....i also nvr bother to use low valuation to bargain with seller...there r many many ppty for sale...y must argue with tat seller?

tats the reason y i buy new projects after market start to recover since last yr june...i oredi revealed i bot 8wood and WB....u can say i herd instinct too...haha....

ppl keep saying y buy new launch when resale r cheaper....everytime i read liao..i keep laughing...bey tahan...haha:D

during recession, tats the best time to look for resale/subsale...mostly below value!...wat bank valuation? i buying below! haha:D

proud owner
31-07-10, 00:46

cheer up

share a joke with you

Got my son an iPhone for his birthday the other week,

And recently got my daughter an iPod for hers,

Was dead chuffed when the family clubbed together and bought me an iPad for father's day

Got my wife an iRon for her Birthday. That was when the fight
started......

blackfire
31-07-10, 00:56
I TOT U SAY U R A BANKER CUM PPTY INVESTOR?

EVEN U R NO LONGER IN BANKING LINE...I AM SURE U STILL INVEST RITE? HOW COME U DUNWAN TO GIME US ANY BANKER'S CONTACT?

IF I CAAN FIND SUCH POWER BANKER TAT CAN HELP TO PUSH UP VALUATION, Y I ASK U FOR HELP?
For the seller which in this case your cousin, quite difficult to ask the banks to push the valuation to match purchase price. Bankers are realistic people, if they know the chances to get the financing is not too high, they don't want to invest too much time to talk to more valuers. They prefer to talk to buyers. I being a realistic banker, will only render my humble opinons and suggestions. There is no incentive or reason to provide more help than that to someone I know in an internet forum.

devilplate
31-07-10, 01:01
For the seller which in this case your cousin, quite difficult to ask the banks to push the valuation to match purchase price. Bankers are realistic people, if they know the chances to get the financing is not too high, they don't want to invest too much time to talk to more valuers. They prefer to talk to buyers. I being a realistic banker, will only render my humble opinons and suggestions. There is no incentive or reason to provide more help than that to someone I know in an internet forum.

NOW SUDDENLY U R A BANKER AGAIN:doh:

TOK WATEVER U WANT...TOK IS CHEAP

AS U OREDI MENTIONED...THIS IS AN INTERNET FORUM!!!!LETS TCSS:cheers1:

august
31-07-10, 01:05
cheer up

share a joke with you

Was dead chuffed when the family clubbed together and bought me an iPad for father's day

started......

what is iRon ???

proud owner
31-07-10, 01:11
what is iRon ???

spell like this iRon you blur

spell like this iron ... you know now ?

august
31-07-10, 01:21
spell like this iRon you blur

spell like this iron ... you know now ?

still dunno... -_-"

hans
31-07-10, 01:22

Your cousin should engage a valuer directly, cos you are the paymaster, chances are the value will be higher than the rest.

proud owner
31-07-10, 01:24
still dunno... -_-"

wa piang i dunno how to explain already ...

blackfire
31-07-10, 01:26
NOW SUDDENLY U R A BANKER AGAIN:doh:

TOK WATEVER U WANT...TOK IS CHEAP

AS U OREDI MENTIONED...THIS IS AN INTERNET FORUM!!!!LETS TCSS:cheers1:

I'm just no longer at the frontline. Frontline are managed by team leads and team leads managed by sector/department head. one suggestion is to engage 3rd party mortgage consultants, they will get quotes from all banks without u paying. The banks pay them for referrals. They can help u.

anyway better to TCSS...

august
31-07-10, 01:34

iron as in golf club?

jlrx
31-07-10, 01:35

http://talkwiththepreacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/steam_iron.jpg

august
31-07-10, 01:40
wah lao hahaha :p

devilplate
31-07-10, 01:45
I'm just no longer at the frontline. Frontline are managed by team leads and team leads managed by sector/department head. one suggestion is to engage 3rd party mortgage consultants, they will get quotes from all banks without u paying. The banks pay them for referrals. They can help u.

anyway better to TCSS...

i also got mobile bankers...their quotes often the least from each indivdual banks...i can get higher den them most of the time...mobile bankers only useful if u wana access all the different mortgage packages avail from all the banks at tat point of time

wat i want is a powerful banker tat knows another powerful recognised valuer who got the power to match 10% more.

usually those buyers who dun have any asset...only got salary paid income...taking 80% loan...banker will be very strict...no leeways

if some1 who is cash rich...lots of assets...banks r willing to match watever price he want...u got it?

there is no such power banker or valuer in the first place:D

ONLY GOT POWER BUYER TAT ALL BANKS R DYING TO GET HIS BUSINESS

devilplate
31-07-10, 01:52
Your cousin should engage a valuer directly, cos you are the paymaster, chances are the value will be higher than the rest.

tks

actually i oredi noe the answer lah...jus trying to expose sm1...haha
he even mention S&P out of nowhr....i asked him abt it...he nvr reply on tat...lol

there is no such thing call power banker...power valuer lah

only got power buyer! if a person got 1bil...and wana take a bank loan....any bank will match watever price he is paying for...got it?:D

tats the difference between public housing and PRIVATE ppty

proud owner
31-07-10, 02:03
http://talkwiththepreacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/steam_iron.jpg

THANK YOU

ahahhahahahaha

August, you made me tear ... more than the joke itself ... .

isaaclim
31-07-10, 08:37

what else?

Recent transaction if you are refinancing! Nothing else...
For buyer, they will usually match it if there is enough justification.

Don't tell me shit about multiple valuers... There is only one valuer - The Market

DC33_2008
31-07-10, 10:36
There are two methods of valuation. However, bottom line they will ask you the purpose of your valuation: sale, gift, etc.

sfwoo
31-07-10, 10:43
THANK YOU

ahahhahahahaha

August, you made me tear ... more than the joke itself ... .

Wah lau eh..I laugh until cry!

sfwoo
31-07-10, 10:49
Got one potential buyer, offered me a ridiculously low price based on a caveat lodged at URA for a similar unit, then tell me "bank indication" is so little only, take it or leave it. So, I left it.

One month later, URA website showed a similar unit transacted 3.4% higher.

Cannot base "valuation" on previous transactions, as the transactions keep going at higher prices.

Anyway, my neighbours have all upped their asking prices, on a monthly basis, they increase a few percent...over one year, asking up about 20%.

Transaction volume low, but the prices transacted at are creeping up and dun seem to want to "crash". A lot of people told me to "quickly sell" cos prices going to "crash", that was 2 years ago, luckily never "quickly sell".

JLRX is correct all along...

devilplate
31-07-10, 10:52
Got one potential buyer, offered me a ridiculously low price based on a caveat lodged at URA for a similar unit, then tell me "bank indication" is so little only, take it or leave it. So, I left it.

One month later, URA website showed a similar unit transacted 3.4% higher.

Cannot base "valuation" on previous transactions, as the transactions keep going at higher prices.

Anyway, my neighbours have all upped their asking prices, on a monthly basis, they increase a few percent...over one year, asking up about 20%.

Transaction volume low, but the prices transacted at are creeping up and dun seem to want to "crash". A lot of people told me to "quickly sell" cos prices going to "crash", that was 2 years ago, luckily never "quickly sell".

JLRX is correct all along...

but when u think tat the market value worth for eg. 1kpsf...den ur last transaction only 800psf....u will face problems getting a buyer to pay 1kpsf....not easy to fish a cash rich buyer...or waiting game....wait for ur neighbour to sell at 900psf...den another one sell at 950psf and so on...tats y many old projects ended up just wait till enbloc....but if nvr get enbloc b4 u kick the bucket....den too bad

sfwoo
31-07-10, 11:00
....but if nvr get enbloc b4 u kick the bucket....den too bad
Yeah, if wait until the Grim Reaper cometh, wait too long oredi.

But my wait of 2 years has seen a very significant difference in the transacted prices.

Anyway, more viewings these few weekends, see if wanna wait some more, or let go...even if let go, will quickly buy back something else somewhere else, JLRX is right.

devilplate
31-07-10, 11:03
Yeah, if wait until the Grim Reaper cometh, wait too long oredi.

But my wait of 2 years has seen a very significant difference in the transacted prices.

Anyway, more viewings these few weekends, see if wanna wait some more, or let go...even if let go, will quickly buy back something else somewhere else, JLRX is right.

hope jlrx will be here to give us mental support during next correction:scared-2:

btw, gd luck to u:D smtimes opportunities may just land on u....for eg..sell at very good price and bot another undervalued project:D

sfwoo
31-07-10, 11:11
hope jlrx will be here to give us mental support during next correction:scared-2:

btw, gd luck to u:D smtimes opportunities may just land on u....for eg..sell at very good price and bot another undervalued project:D

When the correction comes, will buy in again.

Currently, I am looking to sell a vacant one first, tenant migrate to Canada oredi...and not so keen on looking for another tenant.

So far, luck quite strong. But can always do with more good luck!

DC33_2008
31-07-10, 11:23
There is no right or wrong time to sell or buy. It is just your expectation and gut feel.

sfwoo
31-07-10, 11:28
There is no right or wrong time to sell or buy. It is just your expectation and gut feel.
I agree.
In stocks and shares, got TA(technical analysis).
But in property, GA(Gut Analysis) is more important.
So far, I buy on GA. Feel good, feel relaxed, feel cool(even on a hot afternoon) when you walk in? Children happy? Baby never cry upon entry? Can buy!

But of course before even go and view, make sure can afford first!

cashrich
31-07-10, 11:36

that's why avoid boutique development....

very easy to get SCREWED BIG TIME

hahaha.

DC33_2008
31-07-10, 11:38
and also holding power for a few years. Property investment is all about sentiment and gut feel on top of the research and analysis. Know of some real estate analysts who do not invest as they have too many factors to consider.

DC33_2008
31-07-10, 11:59
Even REDAS has developed the RESI (Real Estate Sentiment Index). It is a survey based on Professionals in the related industry. They should have included investors and home owners too as they are key group who supports the market.

peterng8
31-07-10, 11:59
and also holding power for a few years. Property investment is all about sentiment and gut feel on top of the research and analysis. Know of some real estate analysts who do not invest as they have too many factors to consider.

Agree..must have cash, holding power with long term view and guts On top of research and know your area well...:D have balls are important as once you have done the research it can push you to action of course you need to have a plan B with you just in case...:D :D

devilplate
31-07-10, 12:02
Even REDAS has developed the RESI (Real Estate Sentiment Index). It is a survey based on Professionals in the related industry. They should have included investors and home owners too as they are key group who supports the market.

i can only see it as a tool to manipulate the ppty market sentiment:tsk-tsk:

DC33_2008
31-07-10, 12:03
You are absolutely right. There are plenty of people who practice NATO (No Action Talk Only). When they miss the boat, they will say they knew it but...
Agree..must have cash, holding power with long term view and guts On top of research and know your area well...:D have balls are important as once you have done the research it can push you to action of course you need to have a plan B with you just in case...:D :D

devilplate
31-07-10, 12:06
that's why avoid boutique development....

very easy to get SCREWED BIG TIME

hahaha.

especially when the boutique apts r mainly owner occupied ie. bigger units (comprises all 3bedders)....not many will be selling....for my cousin's case...her apt only got 14units...since after TOP in 2002..she told me only about 2-3 units been sold...

if its a MM boutique with mabe 50units...there will be more transactions as majority r investors....

devilplate
31-07-10, 12:08
You are absolutely right. There are plenty of people who practice NATO (No Action Talk Only). When they miss the boat, they will say they knew it but...

especially those who keep saying: Y BUY NEW LAUNCHES WHEN RESALE R CHEAPER

hindsight talkers ...hehe :D

Douk
31-07-10, 12:17
iron as in golf club?
You are joking.:D

DC33_2008
31-07-10, 12:24
i can only see it as a tool to manipulate the ppty market sentiment:tsk-tsk:

True. Do you think the Developers" reponses will be unbaised? No sales mean no business. This will have a chain effect on all the other professionals like architect, engineers, quantity surveyor, builders, etc. Quarterly index is too slow to response to market. Should be like STI. Ha! Ha!

teddybear
31-07-10, 14:42
Those neighbouring condos surrounding Scala sure much much cheaper than Scala! Lorong Chuan area selling at >$1150 psf? :jaw-dropping:
Buy the older resale and renovate with good quality materials just need about $100 psf and become brand new internally again!
(The new launch pay so much after they take over immediately considered resale (old) property already, can only sell at resale price! :banghead:).
What is the problem with bank not able to match valuation? If can afford to buy >$1m property cannot pay the equivalent of COV of $100k or more in cash+CPF?
Most of us know that those who die die need banks' valuations to match sellers' selling price probably are stretching themselves to buy the private properties. This is particularly true for those buying new launches (since banks are only willing to match the developers' selling price at $1150 psf in Scala but not $900 psf in the surrounding condos). Think about it, $900 psf + $100 psf renovation (very premium quality fittings & furnishings already) only $1000 psf (you save $150 psf!) vs paying $1150 psf and getting mass-market quality! Ops, I forgot that those who don't have the cash+CPF to pay the COV obviously have no cash for such premium renovation............. :o

devilplate
31-07-10, 14:50
Those neighbouring condos surrounding Scala sure much much cheaper than Scala! Lorong Chuan area selling at >$1150 psf? :jaw-dropping:
Buy the older resale and renovate with good quality materials just need about $100 psf and become brand new internally again!
(The new launch pay so much after they take over immediately considered resale (old) property already, can only sell at resale price! :banghead:).
What is the problem with bank not able to match valuation? If can afford to buy >$1m property cannot pay the equivalent of COV of $100k or more in cash+CPF?
Most of us know that those who die die need banks' valuations to match sellers' selling price probably are stretching themselves to buy the private properties. This is particularly true for those buying new launches (since banks are only willing to match the developers' selling price at $1150 psf in Scala but not $900 psf in the surrounding condos). Think about it, $900 psf + $100 psf renovation (very premium quality fittings & furnishings already) only $1000 psf (you save $150 psf!) vs paying $1150 psf and getting mass-market quality! Ops, I forgot that those who don't have the cash+CPF to pay the COV obviously have no cash for such premium renovation............. :o

I nid buyers like u who think this way!!! come come...offer me a gd price for my older condos....:D

devilplate
31-07-10, 14:56
sad ar...i realised all my ppty severely undervalued!!!!

help help...cash rich buyers! i nid u!!!!!!!!!!!!

pls help to push up those super undervalued resale prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help my cousin as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild Falcon
31-07-10, 15:49
A lot of Singaporean buyers really need full 80% loan one. This is one of the reason why the new launches are doing so well. (i) Banks will match the valuation of new launch (ii) these Singaporeans have no money to renovate older estates, therefore they prefer the new launch because effectively they can also borrow 80% of the new fixtures. In short, minimal cash but want to stay in condo. (iii) Small units - 1000sq ft 3 bedder which keeps quantum low. Or else it does not make sense for an serious owner occupier to wait 4 years to TOP - wasting 4 years of one's life waiting is no joke. After all, this Scala will TOP in 2014 and by that time, the downtown MRT line will be running up a freehold corridor with more beautiful surroundings, and the MRT station is no longer than "special". Scala is after all, at Serangoon Ave 3, 10 stations away from Raffles Place and probably 14 stations to the new Marina downtown.

But who knows, maybe people are just bullish that property prices will run up further 4 years later and want to hedge now? Unlike Thomson 368 and The Terrene where both buyers have private addresses, most buyers of Scala have HDB addresses - maybe it's just a spillover effect from the HDB flat owners in Hougang and Serangoon. After all, the HDB market is red hot...

But hopefully no cooling measure after the Scala 1150psf feat. Such feats can only be achieved by developers. Resale owners occupiers are left behind - therefore there really shouldnt be any cooling measures.

teddybear
31-07-10, 16:40
Please list those condos you have including info like floor level, facing etc, otherwise how to offer? :p

I nid buyers like u who think this way!!! come come...offer me a gd price for my older condos....:D

Rysk
31-07-10, 16:42
Those neighbouring condos surrounding Scala sure much much cheaper than Scala! Lorong Chuan area selling at >$1150 psf?

No wonder resale price also doing well.. hope to see more ppl like you.. resale HUAT AH!

devilplate
31-07-10, 17:49
Please list those condos you have including info like floor level, facing etc, otherwise how to offer? :p

dunwan....wait u criticise all my projects till lau sai:tongue3:

devilplate
31-07-10, 17:53
A lot of Singaporean buyers really need full 80% loan one. This is one of the reason why the new launches are doing so well. (i) Banks will match the valuation of new launch (ii) these Singaporeans have no money to renovate older estates, therefore they prefer the new launch because effectively they can also borrow 80% of the new fixtures. In short, minimal cash but want to stay in condo. (iii) Small units - 1000sq ft 3 bedder which keeps quantum low. Or else it does not make sense for an serious owner occupier to wait 4 years to TOP - wasting 4 years of one's life waiting is no joke. After all, this Scala will TOP in 2014 and by that time, the downtown MRT line will be running up a freehold corridor with more beautiful surroundings, and the MRT station is no longer than "special". Scala is after all, at Serangoon Ave 3, 10 stations away from Raffles Place and probably 14 stations to the new Marina downtown.

But who knows, maybe people are just bullish that property prices will run up further 4 years later and want to hedge now? Unlike Thomson 368 and The Terrene where both buyers have private addresses, most buyers of Scala have HDB addresses - maybe it's just a spillover effect from the HDB flat owners in Hougang and Serangoon. After all, the HDB market is red hot...

But hopefully no cooling measure after the Scala 1150psf feat. Such feats can only be achieved by developers. Resale owners occupiers are left behind - therefore there really shouldnt be any cooling measures.

neutral comments...good

i dun tink govt will impose anything drastic for next 6mths...still got many GLS lining up for sale:D

it takes a media reporter to promote resale prices....i rmb seeing it during 2007....:D

DC33_2008
31-07-10, 17:56
Too close to election. Not wise to do anything before it. They prewarn the HDB owners early this week on illegal subletting.
neutral comments...good

i dun tink govt will impose anything drastic for next 6mths...still got many GLS lining up for sale:D

it takes a media reporter to promote resale prices....i rmb seeing it during 2007....:D

Wild Falcon
31-07-10, 17:58
I actually think it is quite risky anyhow hoot a resale nearby just because a new launch there is fetching much higher prices. Just along the same stretch along this Serangoon Ave 3 (from address can tell it's largely a 99LH locality), a good benchmark would be the rest of the 99LH Chiltern Park or Springbloom or Sunnydale but lease term has run down. Some may think oh these are only 650-750psf and anyhow hoot, but it is not a guarantee success one. Yes, they are at a whopping 40% discount to The Scala but it could Scala is overvalued and not because the other similar 99LH nearby along the same road is undervalued.

devilplate
31-07-10, 18:17
I actually think it is quite risky anyhow hoot a resale nearby just because a new launch there is fetching much higher prices. Just along the same stretch along this Serangoon Ave 3 (from address can tell it's largely a 99LH locality), a good benchmark would be the rest of the 99LH Chiltern Park or Springbloom or Sunnydale but lease term has run down. Some may think oh these are only 650-750psf and anyhow hoot, but it is not a guarantee success one. Yes, they are at a whopping 40% discount to The Scala but it could Scala is overvalued and not because the other similar 99LH nearby along the same road is undervalued.

i used to disagree with ur comments...

however, i cannot agree more on this:cheers1:

those who keep saying better buy resale den new launches may have their own hidden agenda....if i got a unit at chiltern park now...i will be shouting siao ar pay scala at 1150psf...offer mine at 900psf neow! haha:D

i wish life is so simple:scared-5:

teddybear
31-07-10, 18:35
Obviously (but may not be obvious to some), depending on why these people buy Scala.
If buy for own stay and die die must stay there (because there are much better places elsewhere, just a matter of price), rather buy Scala's neighbouring condos (than Scala at such price).
If buy for investment, well, What sort of investment can people talk of in Lorong Chuan? :doh:

devilplate
31-07-10, 18:59
Obviously (but may not be obvious to some), depending on why these people buy Scala.
If buy for own stay and die die must stay there (because there are much better places elsewhere, just a matter of price), rather buy Scala's neighbouring condos (than Scala at such price).
If buy for investment, well, What sort of investment can people talk of in Lorong Chuan? :doh:

ah chuan more pricey den ah soo:D

peterng8
31-07-10, 20:22
ah chuan more pricey den ah soo:D

Ah lake would be even better....cheap and good and got potential..:D :D

Wild Falcon
31-07-10, 22:08
Having said all that, I still remain a strong believer in convergence, i.e. suburban prices will narrow the gap with "prime" prices in time to come :) But better don't converge too fast, or else our goverment may choot pattern.

maisonjai
31-07-10, 23:29
Too close to election. Not wise to do anything before it. They prewarn the HDB owners early this week on illegal subletting.

After election, will they choot pattern & question is will price stablise, dip or chiong? :confused: :confused:

jlrx
31-07-10, 23:35
After election, will they choot pattern & question is will price stablise, dip or chiong? :confused: :confused:

If nothing bad happens, it should be "chiong". :cheers1:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/GeneralElectionPropertyPrice.jpg

devilplate
31-07-10, 23:43
looks like the timing of GE is very impt wor...if held during a rising market, CHIONG ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise, prepare to collect free fall durians:D :D

isaaclim
31-07-10, 23:44
If nothing bad happens, it should be "chiong". :cheers1:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/GeneralElectionPropertyPrice.jpg

Nice... Chiong liaw lah...2kpsf for The Scala... Lorong Chuan Chiong! Chiong! Chiong!

For you info, Centro is revising their price next week and i heard Greenwish maybe asking over 1kpsf... This is total madness...

devilplate
01-08-10, 00:05
Nice... Chiong liaw lah...2kpsf for The Scala... Lorong Chuan Chiong! Chiong! Chiong!

For you info, Centro is revising their price next week and i heard Greenwish maybe asking over 1kpsf... This is total madness...

FEO decide to up their greenwich pricing after scala? nid MRT to sell 1kpsf leh...but well, agts can use greenwich to say other projects r cheap liao:D

scsc
01-08-10, 00:39
FEO decide to up their greenwich pricing after scala? nid MRT to sell 1kpsf leh...but well, agts can use greenwich to say other projects r cheap liao:D

Greenwich got Seletar Aerospace Park mah.... (garment oredi spend so much to attract FDI liao)

use pte jets & heli to reach office in Central can avoid all those CTE, ERP, Flood... & can show off... Song siah :scared-1:

devilplate
01-08-10, 00:52
Greenwich got Seletar Aerospace Park mah.... (garment oredi spend so much to attract FDI liao)

use pte jets & heli to reach office in Central can avoid all those CTE, ERP, Flood... & can show off... Song siah :scared-1:

still nid to drive from greenwich to aerospace park leh:rolleyes:

Property_Owner
01-08-10, 01:19

Boutique means cheap cheap, maybe 1 million plus property. Dun think most bankers will bother to chase e valuers just for this.

devilplate
01-08-10, 01:24
Boutique means cheap cheap, maybe 1 million plus property. Dun think most bankers will bother to chase e valuers just for this.

i m too bored and wana suan and expose tat guy...might as well say himself also a lawyer cum accountant or even cum developer.. haha

Property_Owner
01-08-10, 01:33

lol

MACdonals
MAChines

august
01-08-10, 12:14
i m too bored and wana suan and expose tat guy...might as well say himself also a lawyer cum accountant or even cum developer.. haha

aiya relax, no need expose or wat la
ppl ask u wat properties u have u also dun say wat lol

Wild Falcon
01-08-10, 13:21
Today's ST got one unusual article about "taking the mickey out of home buyers". The upshot of the column is to ask investors to be "wary of" high-risk investments like:-

1) Mickey mouse units (or now known as "bikini units" - so sensual?)
2) Telok Kurau type budget boutique developments
3) Old 99LH
4) Suburban new 99LH >1000psf (hinting Scala?)
5) Old walkup apartments

I find the report quite "unusual" - maybe commissioned by the authorities to remind people to be prudent...

scsc
01-08-10, 17:31
Today's ST got one unusual article about "taking the mickey out of home buyers". The upshot of the column is to ask investors to be "wary of" high-risk investments like:-

3) Old 99LH
5) Old walkup apartments

I find the report quite "unusual" - maybe commissioned by the authorities to remind people to be prudent...

yup, quite an unusual writeup from the usual "choing, chiong" style... plus got so many unnamed property sources..

Especially irony is the Telok Kurau topic... Above article even shows a bachelor intro his cosy MM @ Telok Kurau... pooring water on the chap:o

devilplate
01-08-10, 19:39
aiya relax, no need expose or wat la
ppl ask u wat properties u have u also dun say wat lol

??? wat does it goto do with wat ppty i hf?

tat guy say no COV thingy for pte ppty...say bankers can easily match....which is NOT TRUE...u got it?

or if u disagree with me...pls gime ur banker contact if he can push up valuation by 10% for norm tom dick buyers

devilplate
01-08-10, 19:42

3) Old 99LH
5) Old walkup apartments

if commissioned by authorities...in the first place they shdnt approve the floor plans of those MM units oredi

blackfire
01-08-10, 20:10
i also got mobile bankers...their quotes often the least from each indivdual banks...i can get higher den them most of the time...mobile bankers only useful if u wana access all the different mortgage packages avail from all the banks at tat point of time

wat i want is a powerful banker tat knows another powerful recognised valuer who got the power to match 10% more.

usually those buyers who dun have any asset...only got salary paid income...taking 80% loan...banker will be very strict...no leeways

if some1 who is cash rich...lots of assets...banks r willing to match watever price he want...u got it?

there is no such power banker or valuer in the first place:D

ONLY GOT POWER BUYER TAT ALL BANKS R DYING TO GET HIS BUSINESS

With due respect, once u mentioned u have mobile bankers I just do not want to waste too much time discussing with you. Mobile bankers are basically those do not have their own desks in the bank, that's why "mobile". Stop pretending to be a big timer and have many properties, since u don't even have premier or privater banker service your account. Since u do not have S$200k in your bank account to be a premier banker customer, I wonder what kind of bull on your list of properties.

devilplate
01-08-10, 20:57
With due respect, once u mentioned u have mobile bankers I just do not want to waste too much time discussing with you. Mobile bankers are basically those do not have their own desks in the bank, that's why "mobile". Stop pretending to be a big timer and have many properties, since u don't even have premier or privater banker service your account. Since u do not have S$200k in your bank account to be a premier banker customer, I wonder what kind of bull on your list of properties.

lol...we make use of mobile bankers to get info on all types of packages tat banks r offering now and make comparison. i trust no one....got it? i soloist ....always make my own investment...nvr nvr let any banker advise me on unit trust or any of their bank products...i basically DIY...TRUST NO ONE ...same goes to buying ppty....i do my own research, legwork, flip classified myself, go thru pptyguru myself....nvr nvr trust agts

ya...i am nobody...poor man...not like u claiming banker cum investor wor....scared scared:scared-2:

blackfire
01-08-10, 21:08
lol...we make use of mobile bankers to get info on all types of packages tat banks r offering now and make comparison. i trust no one....got it? i soloist ....always make my own investment...nvr nvr let any banker advise me on unit trust or any of their bank products...i basically DIY...TRUST NO ONE ...same goes to buying ppty....i do my own research, legwork, flip classified myself, go thru pptyguru myself....nvr nvr trust agts

ya...i am nobody...poor man...not like u claiming banker cum investor wor....scared scared:scared-2:

Personal advice. u seem be constantly in this internet forum at least for the past 2 days. To the extend tat at certain point, you seem to be talking to yourself! Please get a LIFE. Talk and meet real people, don't spend your days hiding under the devil's name. U never get rich by spending your saturdays and sundays in this forum.

devilplate
01-08-10, 21:12
Personal advice. u seem be constantly in this internet forum at least for the past 2 days. To the extend tat at certain point, you seem to be talking to yourself! Please get a LIFE. Talk and meet real people, don't spend your days hiding under the devil's name. U never get rich by spending your saturdays and sundays in this forum.

lol....y change topic? wats next? tell me more:D

blackfire
01-08-10, 21:17

You are going to be mad soon if you constantly imagine yourself to be a big time property player by spending most of your time in this forum..

devilplate
01-08-10, 21:18
You are going to be mad soon if you constantly imagine yourself to be a big time property player by spending most of your time in this forum..

someone oredi mad!:scared-2:

blackfire
01-08-10, 21:21

Sorry I now very free after my family dinner. Now looking at your silly large number of comments over the past 48 hours. U don't really even sleep, are you crazy!

devilplate
01-08-10, 21:22
ok ok..u win ok...wait u get angry and send virus to my comp...me IT noob...better dun offend and attract unneccesary troubles..

yay, u r right...me poor man...always imagine myself rich...every1 can be any1 over the internet...so cool down...pls dun mad at me....frenly ok

devilplate
01-08-10, 21:25
Sorry I now very free after my family dinner. Now looking at your silly large number of comments over the past 48 hours. U don't really even sleep, are you crazy!

dun nid to explain y u r here...we noe u r rich... banker cum investor...

blackfire
01-08-10, 21:28

You are really a joke. spend your time more meaningfully, watch the News or something

devilplate
01-08-10, 21:31
You are really a joke. spend your time more meaningfully, watch the News or something

ok dude...i oredi said u win...

pls mind our own business....end of story.

blackfire
01-08-10, 21:34

going through your string of comments, u are also very confused. Do you realise how many times, u are talking to yourself? I leave my comments here and for the rest of the pp here to judge.

devilplate
01-08-10, 21:41
going through your string of comments, u are also very confused. Do you realise how many times, u are talking to yourself? I leave my comments here and for the rest of the pp here to judge.

r u saying blackfire is another account of mine?

pls stop all these nonsense....we r toking about ppty related stuff like COV...loans etc and u out of nowhr start to tok about other unrelated stuff..

i am here bcoz ppty is my hobby....anything related to ppty...i wana know more...i am not here to tell ppl how to lead their lives...

so pls mind our own biz and stick to ppty discussion

blackfire
01-08-10, 21:51

pls stop all these nonsense....we r toking about ppty related stuff like COV...loans etc and u out of nowhr start to tok about other unrelated stuff..

i am here bcoz ppty is my hobby....anything related to ppty...i wana know more...i am not here to tell ppl how to lead their lives...

You are confused again. All this while I'm talking about property related matters until one two hours ago, and becos you get agitated when others said you are wrong and go around like a mad dog. The more you talk the more you expose your ignorance.

devilplate
01-08-10, 21:58
a lunatic will nvr admit they r one.

ok, i goto close this conversation liao.

blackfire: PM me if u still unhappy or mad abt me...dunwan to flood this public thread anymore yay:D

blackfire
01-08-10, 22:01

U also have very low EQ. I just need to say a few words, you get defensive and panic.. you blur blur about yourself, who u really are saying sorry, u win..I really wonder u are teenager, who can't handle emotion.

devilplate
01-08-10, 22:05
U also have very low EQ. I just need to say a few words, you get defensive and panic.. you blur blur about yourself, who u really are saying sorry, u win..I really wonder u are teenager, who can't handle emotion.

oredi PMed u...we shall continue from there...leave others alone...this is a wrong place/thread for 2 boring guys to argue...:D

blackfire
01-08-10, 23:04

Btw, when I mentioned about 3rd PARTY mortgage consultant earlier, I'm not referring to mobile banker. If you don't know what is3rd party mortgage consultant, please do not render your advise here claiming to be very savvy in properties financing. Please know the basic and the market.

If you need to resort to make use of mobile bankers to check on pricing, then it only exposure yourself, someone who has a portfolio of properties, as really talk big, in front of the real investors here. The real investors here won't check with mobile bankers for latest financing package !! Tat is a joke. I'm sure the real investors here are laughing at you.

devilplate
02-08-10, 00:59
Btw, when I mentioned about 3rd PARTY mortgage consultant earlier, I'm not referring to mobile banker. If you don't know what is3rd party mortgage consultant, please do not render your advise here claiming to be very savvy in properties financing. Please know the basic and the market.

If you need to resort to make use of mobile bankers to check on pricing, then it only exposure yourself, someone who has a portfolio of properties, as really talk big, in front of the real investors here. The real investors here won't check with mobile bankers for latest financing package !! Tat is a joke. I'm sure the real investors here are laughing at you.

i oredi PMed u...continue from there

ay123
02-08-10, 09:48
cheer up

share a joke with you

started......

aiya.....if u go to Apple shop to buy that "iRon" then there will be no fight lor...........steve job is the culprit.....haha.....any product from him is too cool to resist!!!

ay123
02-08-10, 09:51
tks

actually i oredi noe the answer lah...jus trying to expose sm1...haha
he even mention S&P out of nowhr....i asked him abt it...he nvr reply on tat...lol

there is no such thing call power banker...power valuer lah

only got power buyer! if a person got 1bil...and wana take a bank loan....any bank will match watever price he is paying for...got it?:D

tats the difference between public housing and PRIVATE ppty

pal relax leh.....why lose yr cool!!! U ARE HOT!!! :simmering: haha

blackfire
02-08-10, 09:54
i oredi PMed u...continue from there

haha..we can really see tat u are addicted to this forum, still not sleeping at about 2am flooding your comments everywhere, day in day out.

devilplate
02-08-10, 11:20
pal relax leh.....why lose yr cool!!! U ARE HOT!!! :simmering: haha

hehe...bcoz ppty market is HOT!!! HUAT ARGH!! :cheers6: :cheers5:

devilplate
02-08-10, 11:21
haha..we can really see tat u are addicted to this forum, still not sleeping at about 2am flooding your comments everywhere, day in day out.

still cannot get over it??? :scared-3: :doh: :scared-1:

Wild Falcon
02-08-10, 11:28
Hey there. I like devilplate's update leh - he's always visiting showflats and giving opinions. Nowadays got iphone and ipad, even outside also can post in forum leh :) We need people who post frequently to make the forum more vibrant right?

devilplate
02-08-10, 11:34
Hey there. I like devilplate's update leh - he's always visiting showflats and giving opinions. Nowadays got iphone and ipad, even outside also can post in forum leh :)

thank u for ur support

i do hope tat my update is useful....and ppty is one of my past time hobbies....den this ppty forum becomes part of it too.

smtimes things got so excited....was really bothered by my cousin's case...and fed up with bankers lor...anyway, her valuation 720-740k by most banks...her TG price is 810-820k...last offer she told me 780k! pretty close oredi. just nid a power buyer to appear...patience is the game:cheers6:

teddybear
02-08-10, 13:19
Why so gan cheong to sell? Relax and wait...........
BUT Lessons learnt: Avoid boutique projects!
Bankers are like that, valuation always pegged to latest previous transaction what + only some consideration of nearby projects (nothing new). What your cousin need is a powerful buyer who don't care about valuation (many around except whether the property is appealing enough to them or not - definitely not boutique projects & mass market projects!). :cheers1:

thank u for ur support

i do hope tat my update is useful....and ppty is one of my past time hobbies....den this ppty forum becomes part of it too.

smtimes things got so excited....was really bothered by my cousin's case...and fed up with bankers lor...anyway, her valuation 720-740k by most banks...her TG price is 810-820k...last offer she told me 780k! pretty close oredi. just nid a power buyer to appear...patience is the game:cheers6:

limfc
02-08-10, 13:31
....was really bothered by my cousin's case...and fed up with bankers lor...anyway, her valuation 720-740k by most banks...her TG price is 810-820k...last offer she told me 780k! pretty close oredi. just nid a power buyer to appear...patience is the game:cheers6:

aiya, if no hurry to sell, then no stress lar...
she can wait till 'the one' appear... :D
or ask her to believe in jlrx..... :not-worthy:
solve the problem altogether... :D :scared-2:

devilplate
02-08-10, 13:33
Why so gan cheong to sell? Relax and wait...........
BUT Lessons learnt: Avoid boutique projects!
Bankers are like that, valuation always pegged to latest previous transaction what + only some consideration of nearby projects (nothing new). What your cousin need is a powerful buyer who don't care about valuation (many around except whether the property is appealing enough to them or not - definitely not boutique projects & mass market projects!). :cheers1:

she very gancheong spider lah...got stuck with it since 2003...now can make some $ tats y so gancheong to sell....she scared market crash again...den another round of long waiting again

peterng8
02-08-10, 13:38
property at TK too scared to touch....:)

AAA
02-08-10, 14:44
Hey there. I like devilplate's update leh - he's always visiting showflats and giving opinions. Nowadays got iphone and ipad, even outside also can post in forum leh :) We need people who post frequently to make the forum more vibrant right?

Relax dear forumers.

I agree w Wild Falcon. Although I hardly post but I like to visit this site (I believe many like me who got not much to contribute but like to learn from our "elders" <cian bei>) every other day to read interesting updates and feedbacks from people like jlrx, devilplate etc and all forumers who share their knowledge about property. This is a great site to learn about ppty investment.

bargain hunter
02-08-10, 14:56
i agree too. i din log in for the weekend and missed all this action hahaha. :D

Relax dear forumers.

I agree w Wild Falcon. Although I hardly post but I like to visit this site (I believe many like me who got not much to contribute but like to learn from our "elders" <cian bei>) every other day to read interesting updates and feedbacks from people like jlrx, devilplate etc and all forumers who share their knowledge about property. This is a great site to learn about ppty investment.

bargain hunter
02-08-10, 14:58
and august must be a real tech savvy guy, everything see in terms of i-something, i-something. :) i really laughed harder than the joke itself. drive away the monday blues. kekeke :D

sleek
02-08-10, 23:57
HSBC sees greatest growth opportunity in Asia
By Leslie Tang | Posted: 02 August 2010 2009 hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/corporatenews/view/1072891/1/.html)

Hong Kong : Banking giant HSBC said its greatest growth opportunity is in Asia, and it will focus its investment priority on emerging markets.

The comment came as the UK banking giant booked a first-half net profit of some US$6.8 billion.

This is more than double what it made a year ago, thanks to sharp reduction in bad debt charges.

The numbers far exceeded market expectations and were due largely to a cut in impairment charges, which fell by 47 percent year-on-year.

The bank has bounced back from crisis mode, kicking off the earnings season for lenders on a high note.

Stephen Green, Group Chairman, HSBC Holdings said: "Overall loan impairment charges fell to their lowest level since the start of the financial crisis, reflecting the more stable economic conditions and our deliberate actions begun before the crisis to reposition certain portfolios and to maintain underwriting standards."

Earlier in May, HSBC announced that its embattled US consumer business had booked its first quarterly profit in nearly three years.

HSBC's results were highly anticipated, with the markets expecting a big comeback.

And after finally seeing a turnaround in its US business, it is now focusing on emerging markets.

Speaking from London, HSBC's Group CEO Michael Geoghegan said the bank would focus on investment in the region, particularly in China.

He added: "The contribution of markets outside Hong Kong increased to 50 percent of the total for Asia. And encouragingly, mainland China contributed over a billion dollars for the half year. Second, it is in Asia that we see the greatest opportunity for growth."

HSBC is aspiring to be the first foreign company to list on the Shanghai Stock Exchange. - CNA/ch

hans
03-08-10, 00:12

Backfire, What is a 3rd party mortgage consultant. Pls enlighten.

august
03-08-10, 00:19
Backfire, What is a 3rd party mortgage consultant. Pls enlighten.

those outside mortgage broker

devilplate
03-08-10, 00:29
those outside mortgage broker

den any diff from those independent mobile mortgage banker?:confused:

devilplate
03-08-10, 00:35
Originally Posted by blackfire

can smbody explain wat he trying to say?:confused:

y we cannot use those independent mobile bankers ? they got all the latest packages with various banks leh...saves time...no?

devilplate
03-08-10, 00:57
i tink i noe the answer oredi...tat blackfire tot i mean those mobile bankers employed by a particular bank.

jus becoz i din put in the word 'independent' mobile banker...can see he trying very hard to find fault...just bcoz i expose him...:scared-3:

i engage them b4...they come to my place to discuss b4...so i call them as mobile banker...lol

http://www.mortgageplus.com.sg/index.php

isaaclim
03-08-10, 07:51
i tink i noe the answer oredi...tat blackfire tot i mean those mobile bankers employed by a particular bank.

jus becoz i din put in the word 'independent' mobile banker...can see he trying very hard to find fault...just bcoz i expose him...:scared-3:

i engage them b4...they come to my place to discuss b4...so i call them as mobile banker...lol

They are mortgage broker lah... Sorry for pulling your leg. :p

louisebrown
03-08-10, 09:18

Right, Isaac.

devilplate
03-08-10, 09:25

dun pick nitty gritty terms tat i used ok...i am not a banker nor an agent....just a unemployed guy killing his free time in forums..:D

shd be independent mortgage broker....must include the word independent:p

nowadays also got independent financial advisor...getting competitive...:D

devilplate
03-08-10, 09:26
can STI hold above 3000pts this time?

blackfire
03-08-10, 09:31

there u go again. Don't know just admit that you do not know. Don't try to bs here again. Mobile bankers are generic term referring to those without a personal desk in the bank. eg HL staff in showflats, credit cards in road shows, most of them are on contract terms. How can you mix up the word consultant or brokers with bankers ?? U are trying to hard to heal back your braised ego. U live in this forum. u are everywhere in the forum almost all time. Your self worth depends on it.

devilplate
03-08-10, 09:33
there u go again. Don't know just admit that you do not know. Don't try to bs here again. Mobile bankers are generic term referring to those without a personal desk in the bank. eg HL staff in showflats, credit cards in road shows, most of them are on contract terms. How can you mix up the word consultant or brokers with bankers ?? U are trying to hard to heal back your braised ego. U live in this forum. u are everywhere in the forum almost all time. Your self worth depends on it.

in the first place...i nvr claimed i am a banker

But i noe banks may ask buyer to to top up cash difference between purchase price and bank valuation. i pick up all these by the hard way

devilplate
03-08-10, 09:39
blackfire: lets be clear....our discussion started off based on 'COV" for pte loans...dun pick terms tat i use....andi noe wat u mean by 3rd party consultant...if u browse through my comments earlier...just bcoz i refer them as mobile banker..u wana find fault

below is wat i posted earlier on:

blackfire
03-08-10, 09:43
dun pick nitty gritty terms tat i used ok...i am not a banker nor an agent....just a unemployed guy killing his free time in forums..:D

shd be independent mortgage broker....must include the word independent:p

nowadays also got independent financial advisor...getting competitive...:D

There u go again..the key word is broker not the word independent. U are trying to hard to save your face. If u are unemployed please look for a job. If u really have money and retired, this is also not the way to spend your time. Please do something more meaningful. There are indeed some good contributors in this forum, the ones I can remember are Reporter and Regulator, and some others, sorry i can't remember. U are the one who just live here.

devilplate
03-08-10, 09:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilplate

this is wat u quoted...before tat we r toking about ppty related stuff

y u wana get personal? i am here is none of ur business

devilplate
03-08-10, 09:51
There u go again..the key word is broker not the word independent. U are trying to hard to save your face. If u are unemployed please look for a job. If u really have money and retired, this is also not the way to spend your time. Please do something more meaningful. There are indeed some good contributors in this forum, the ones I can remember are Reporter and Regulator, and some others, sorry i can't remember. U are the one who just live here.

u see...trying to find fault again....and y u always get so personal?

i live in the internet world...yes....everyday i log online...unless i am on holiday....and it is none of ur business

u r the one who tok unrelated stuff and get personal.

i am only interested to discuss about ppty related stuff

free feel to find all the nitty gritty faults tat i posted....such as the terms i used...or mabe grammer mistakes if u like....but dun get personal....u dun like to see my postings...just ignore it....y u bother to come to this forum in the first place if u find its a waste of time?

u r so so busybody...pls go to other forums/blog and tell them how to lead their lives...BUT leave me alone ok....

HP65
03-08-10, 09:56

I got the feeling there are a lot of agents here pretending to be big time `property investor' owning 10, 20,30 or even 92 ppties. You can see them constantly being bullish :) These agents know a lot of MOBILE BANKERS, haha.

blackfire
03-08-10, 09:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilplate

this is wat u quoted...before tat we r toking about ppty related stuff

y u wana get personal? i am here is none of ur business

U are wrong again. Please see thread above. U are the one who wants to get personal with me.

blackfire
03-08-10, 10:02
u see...trying to find fault again....and y u always get so personal?

i live in the internet world...yes....everyday i log online...unless i am on holiday....and it is none of ur business

u r the one who tok unrelated stuff and get personal.

i am only interested to discuss about ppty related stuff

free feel to find all the nitty gritty faults tat i posted....such as the terms i used...or mabe grammer mistakes if u like....but dun get personal....u dun like to see my postings...just ignore it....y u bother to come to this forum in the first place if u find its a waste of time?

u r so so busybody...pls go to other forums/blog and tell them how to lead their lives...BUT leave me alone ok....

U are very interesting..easily excited.. btw what is devilplate ?

devilplate
03-08-10, 10:02
U are wrong again. Please see thread above. U are the one who wants to get personal with me.

just stop getting personal....stop telling ppl how to lead their lives...it is really not necessary for u to do so.

devilplate
03-08-10, 10:07
U are very interesting..easily excited.. btw what is devilplate ?

yes...i got excited easily...tats y i am unemployed/jobless.

blackfire
03-08-10, 10:09
just stop getting personal....stop telling ppl how to lead their lives...it is really not necessary for u to do so.

A lesson for you : Those who follow the thread earlier will know u are the one who started first. so don't talk big and cocky. Show respect to other forumers.

devilplate
03-08-10, 10:10
I got the feeling there are a lot of agents here pretending to be big time `property investor' owning 10, 20,30 or even 92 ppties. You can see them constantly being bullish :) These agents know a lot of MOBILE BANKERS, haha.

there is a possibility....in the first place...this forum cud be set up by agents...u nvr noe:D

devilplate
03-08-10, 10:11
A lesson for you : Those who follow the thread earlier will know u are the one who started first. so don't talk big and cocky. Show respect to other forumers.

dun get personal again:tsk-tsk:

august
03-08-10, 10:21
Originally Posted by blackfire

can smbody explain wat he trying to say?:confused:

y we cannot use those independent mobile bankers ? they got all the latest packages with various banks leh...saves time...no?

ok the term independent mobile banker is confusing... if they r independent means they r mortgage brokers, not bankers. So the common term is mortgage brokers ~

mortgage brokers only know the standard deals and packages & not privy to wat the banks selectively offer/tailor to their relationship customers.

i not banker hor so just my 1 cent only :o

blackfire
03-08-10, 10:22
Don't take thing so personally..this is internet forum, you are only identified by your user name,go outside and have some fresh air, your self worth is not dependent here. U do have some fans here, cheer up.

dun get personal again:tsk-tsk:

devilplate
03-08-10, 10:23
Don't take thing so personally..this is internet forum, you are only identified by your user name,go outside and have some fresh air, your self worth is not dependent here. U do have some fans here, cheer up.

personal attack again...haiz

devilplate
03-08-10, 10:26
i am gg out now..will be back for an update on a particular condo....stay tuned:D

blackfire
03-08-10, 10:32
ok the term independent mobile banker is confusing... if they r independent means they r mortgage brokers, not bankers. So the common term is mortgage brokers ~

mortgage brokers only know the standard deals and packages & not privy to wat the banks selectively offer/tailor to their relationship customers.

i not banker hor so just my 1 cent only :o

u are rite. These brokers are for pp who don't have the time and the knowhow to source for loans. if you can DIY on the financing, u may nego on the rates and remind the banker that there is no agent referral fee involvement. If the loan quantum is relatively large they may give you some discount over the standard rates.

cashrich
03-08-10, 10:33
Nice fight!...

The people who spent the most time here are agents... with interest.. the bigger their interest, the better things they will say about their projects under their care.

Some stopid agents used Parc Imperial nick to sing praises of Parc Imprerial... even a kid knows better right?

Anyway forum needs colorful personalities and those with too much free time to spare. Who has it? agents lah.. The real investors and gurus out there don't talk big. Agents do as they piece this info and that info together and they are instant multi-billionaire investor/property owner.

I am not a agent nor cash rich, just a poor bloke wasting time reading and posting my sacarstic views. :)

But I do appreciate the hard work by some agents... trying their very best to push projects... I make my own judgements. Never claim to be this or that except for the stopid nick that I am using. If you don't like what was said, just "fire away", we all will have a happier time laughing.. WTF! and its Why The Fight?

Rysk
03-08-10, 12:19
can STI hold above 3000pts this time?

Probably YES!

chanys
03-08-10, 12:50
I think we shouldn't be too concerned about whether, people really are who they claim to be. So long as they provide useful advice/insights with no/limited hidden agenda.

It's certainly true that if someone says he/she is a guru in property investing, then you'll have a higher prior tenancy to believe his/her postings. However, what that person says will be moderated by the many fellow forumers (myself not included since I'm a newbie).

In my own subjective opinion, I think devilplate (through this numerous postings) had made this forum more lively. I read this forum everyday and look forward to the postings of several people, e.g. proud_owner, new2mondarin, stalingrad (he does point out interesting facts at times), devilplate, etc.

limfc
03-08-10, 13:11
I think we shouldn't be too concerned about whether, people really are who they claim to be. So long as they provide useful advice/insights with no/limited hidden agenda.
Agree! I learnt a lot from those who post here, even if they are agent, I also already learnt from them! :)

I read this forum everyday and look forward to the postings of several people, e.g. proud_owner, new2mondarin, stalingrad (he does point out interesting facts at times), devilplate, etc.
Dun forget the other gurus: :not-worthy: jlrx, property_owner, focus, xebay11, isaaclim, housewife and august!

sfwoo
03-08-10, 14:15
Agree! I learnt a lot from those who post here, even if they are agent, I also already learnt from them! :)

Dun forget the other gurus: :not-worthy: jlrx, property_owner, focus, xebay11, isaaclim, housewife and august!
HAHAHA!
I am not agent, but I like to come in here and get a feel of the market.

I like JLRX! And the propertism he preaches!

But agree that I have learnt alot from devilplate, too.

As for bickering, there is such a thing called "ignore". See how long bickering can carry on when it is a monologue.

ay123
03-08-10, 14:27
HAHAHA!
I am not agent, but I like to come in here and get a feel of the market.

I like JLRX! And the propertism he preaches!

But agree that I have learnt alot from devilplate, too.

As for bickering, there is such a thing called "ignore". See how long bickering can carry on when it is a monologue.

i like devilplate's post too. he offer very objective view. he will point out his personal view on pros n cons not biaise against certain area.

scsc
03-08-10, 14:44
That's the purpose of Forum discussion!

To share, to learn, to dispute, to market, to tcss ==> Filter ==> Knowledge :D

If all peace & no wars, then i'm really in the world of "Inception"..:scared-5:

chanys
03-08-10, 15:10
I wonder which project devilplate went to see just now. Hope he updates when he's back.

ay123
03-08-10, 15:30
I wonder which project devilplate went to see just now. Hope he updates when he's back.

he is scouting for land!!!!!

maisonjai
03-08-10, 15:31
i am gg out now..will be back for an update on a particular condo....stay tuned:D

let me guess, G.wich? :witches-brew:

devilplate
03-08-10, 16:26
provided update on lumiere and horizon:D

landed viewing on and off during wkends...but always dare not offer after i checked last yr prices...:scared-3:

devilplate
03-08-10, 16:27
let me guess, G.wich? :witches-brew:

greenwich haven launch rite....heard ard 1kpsf for the 1bedder...sounds disgusting:scared-4:

scsc
03-08-10, 16:40
greenwich haven launch rite....heard ard 1kpsf for the 1bedder...sounds disgusting:scared-4:

Gosh... 1kpsf for greenwich 1bedder...

Aerospace Park got build Space Travel Hub boh? can help shoot it up to space:D

maisonjai
03-08-10, 21:28

as usual, feo price hard to swallow, they could be centro as a reference :banghead:

proud owner
03-08-10, 22:05
provided update on lumiere and horizon:D

landed viewing on and off during wkends...but always dare not offer after i checked last yr prices...:scared-3:

i dun understand

if you compare last yr's price .. then you also dont dare to buy Condo also right ?

landed is moving up becos it didnt move as much when all the focus was on condo ..so now catching up mah ..

proud owner
03-08-10, 22:09
That's the purpose of Forum discussion!

To share, to learn, to dispute, to market, to tcss ==> Filter ==> Knowledge :D

If all peace & no wars, then i'm really in the world of "Inception"..:scared-5:

i come here to kay po .. to dispute .. most of the time .. i like to offer an alternative view ..a contrarian view ..

but most importantly ..to learn ..

do you know why educated people are least knowledgeable ? hence they read alot

i always believe and always stick by it ..

the more you read,
the more you learn,
the more you learn,
the more you realise,
that the less you know

How true

jlrx
03-08-10, 22:26
i dun understand

if you compare last yr's price .. then you also dont dare to buy Condo also right ?

landed is moving up becos it didnt move as much when all the focus was on condo ..so now catching up mah ..

I overcome this problem by buying another location which has not gone up as much as my own (and deceive myself that I am getting a good deal).

I cannot bear to buy anything around my own estate as it will really make me look like a fool.

On the other hand, if you keep comparing with the past, you will never buy any more properties in your life.

proud owner
03-08-10, 22:33
I overcome this problem by buying another location which has not gone up as much as my own (and deceive myself that I am getting a good deal).

I cannot bear to buy anything around my own estate as it will really make me look like a fool.

On the other hand, if you keep comparing with the past, you will never buy any more properties in your life.

precisely .. i am only trying to highlight to devilplate that one cannot compare the old price

if he wants to .. then he has to compare for both property types ,,,not just landed

devilplate
03-08-10, 22:35
i dun understand

bcoz landed quantum higher....i shd haf bot landed last yr and buy condo now instead..anyway learning process:cheers1:

DC33_2008
03-08-10, 23:01
i was surprised to see recent caveat around my place has hit $1330psf. People are really hot on landed property. Not sure if this is sustainable?

bcoz landed quantum higher....i shd haf bot landed last yr and buy condo now instead..anyway learning process:cheers1:

devilplate
03-08-10, 23:04
i was surprised to see recent caveat around my place has hit $1330psf. People are really hot on landed property. Not sure if this is sustainable?

ya lor..even ulu landed areas like sembawang up so much:scared-3:

condos in woodlands/sembawang nvr up so much leh..

landed power! i bet the wrong horse:(

i am convinced land is more valuable den air...haha.....hope its not too late:scared-5:

proud owner
03-08-10, 23:12

i believe its a 1800 sqft landed ? and new ..

so if you take away 300 psf for construction cost and decor and appliances) ...then probably just 1000 psf for the land

which is still high

what area (district ? road name ? ) are you ?

proud owner
03-08-10, 23:14
ya lor..even ulu landed areas like sembawang up so much:scared-3:

condos in woodlands/sembawang nvr up so much leh..

landed power! i bet the wrong horse:(

i am convinced land is more valuable den air...haha.....hope its not too late:scared-5:

when news of the Chan family at Everitt kana bank forced to sell or something like that .. i did tell my friend to go buy .. but he no direct contact ..

so its sold at 1.65 mio ... not bad price ..

scsc
04-08-10, 21:08
Gosh... 1kpsf for greenwich 1bedder...

Aerospace Park got build Space Travel Hub boh? can help shoot it up to space:D

sounds disgusting but really powerful market forces eating away :cheers1:

proud owner
04-08-10, 22:20
sounds disgusting but really powerful market forces eating away :cheers1:

latest news flash on bloomberg

CHINA'S PREVIOUS BANK STRESS TESTS ASSUMED 30% HOME-PRICE DROP

CHINA SAID TO TELL BANKS TO STRES TEST FOR 60% HOME PRICE DROP

kane
05-08-10, 00:24
do some secondary placement, bump up capital, and they'll all be safe. i wonder where the market finds all this liquidity to swallow up all the offerings.

jlrx
05-08-10, 00:27

Just testing.

SAF also carries out scenario analysis like being attacked simultaneously from the North and South.

pmet
05-08-10, 03:30

China probably targeting 20% drop in home prices. China bubble is undeniable

sfwoo
05-08-10, 10:12
And in the meantime, going by URA caveats lodged...prices are few dollars up...

gfoo
05-08-10, 10:17
Scala can go for 1400psf, etc etc. Good good, buy more, up up and away!

here waiting arms outstretched to welcome mr market back

devilplate
05-08-10, 10:21
seller's market now? 7th mth coming....

sfwoo
05-08-10, 10:22
With prices rising relentlessly, looks like my children will have to build their houses in other countries where land is plenty and cheaper...

sfwoo
05-08-10, 10:24
seller's market now? 7th mth coming....

HAHAHA...next week...gates open...and then all buyers will vanish into thin air for one lunar month!

Every year is the same.

Time to relax, and burn some joss paper and light some joss sticks and candles...

august
05-08-10, 10:47

think avg is around $1100 to 1200psf... 1400 r those studio ones

Rysk
05-08-10, 12:31
think avg is around $1100 to 1200psf... 1400 r those studio ones

If Scala 99-yr LH is 1400psf.. then better go buy Balestier(city fringe) or Farrer Pk(inner city) F'hold studio unit.. also around 1400psf

devilplate
05-08-10, 12:41
better use greenwich to promote!

ulu jalan kayu 99LH selling 11xxpsf like hotcakes now....all others cheap cheap hooray!:D

Rysk
05-08-10, 12:51
better use greenwich to promote!

ulu jalan kayu 99LH selling 11xxpsf like hotcakes now....all others cheap cheap hooray!:D

Wah! so far away 99LH so ex:eek: ... is the 3rd IR gonna be build at Jln Kayu?? :D

maisonjai
05-08-10, 13:35
Wah! so far away 99LH so ex:eek: ... is the 3rd IR gonna be build at Jln Kayu?? :D

yes IR is at Jln Kayu, Indian Roti, flippers originated from there. :47:

rather buy Quartz with that kinda money.

Regulators
05-08-10, 14:09
When are you going to take profit for TS? :)

pmet
05-08-10, 15:05
Remember my post a while back?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38568523

You may think China has nothing to do with SG, wait until you see SG govt do the same test :scared-3:

Take profit while you can now :)

ay123
05-08-10, 16:08

You may think China has nothing to do with SG, wait until you see SG govt do the same test :scared-3:

why need to take profit even if SG is doing the stress test? will the market crash becos of tat??

pmet
05-08-10, 19:06
See my recent post on this thread :cheers5:

Party's over

gfoo
05-08-10, 20:28
When are you going to take profit for TS? :)

long story - went to sunrise gardens, $550psf, nicely maintained, landed all around, no HDB. 5bdrm penthouse just over a mil. On paper (and google maps) looked like a sensible buy. award winning condo selling close to launch price (1998)

Until i went to view. too laid back and quiet maciam like retirement home. Very well kept and classical facade, but tenants hanging laundry all over, even on some penthouse units facade. hot like turtle. CTE jam like sotong (on a Sat!)

cannot, too dead. too used to marina bay living liao. happy go jogging by the bay; always windy, now aircon underpass all the way to mbs. altho drive to work daily and go to orchard on weekends, car mileage 1 year only 8k. still got central park & mall opening this year, gardensBTB, 2nd MRT, art park and asia square by 2012.

fell in love with this place liao, am spoilt throughly. bad bad gfoo.

so i learn from jlrx - propertism religion, commonsensism doctrine. will only look to buy more mbay again, but only when blood flows in the streets. until then, too poor to afford scala.

gfoo
05-08-10, 20:52
See my recent post on this thread :cheers5:

Party's over

shhhhh. let 'em buy those mickeys and minnies.

what's a $400psf fall for a 350sqft ($400k quantum) MM? A mere $60k effective cash loss. That's chump change.

Regulators
05-08-10, 23:04
lol...from converting ur TS to a porsche cayenne to propertism. i think eventually any religion in this forum will die except propertism...lol

long story - went to sunrise gardens, $550psf, nicely maintained, landed all around, no HDB. 5bdrm penthouse just over a mil. On paper (and google maps) looked like a sensible buy. award winning condo selling close to launch price (1998)

Until i went to view. too laid back and quiet maciam like retirement home. Very well kept and classical facade, but tenants hanging laundry all over, even on some penthouse units facade. hot like turtle. CTE jam like sotong (on a Sat!)

cannot, too dead. too used to marina bay living liao. happy go jogging by the bay; always windy, now aircon underpass all the way to mbs. altho drive to work daily and go to orchard on weekends, car mileage 1 year only 8k. still got central park & mall opening this year, gardensBTB, 2nd MRT, art park and asia square by 2012.

so i learn from jlrx - propertism religion, commonsensism doctrine. will only look to buy more mbay again, but only when blood flows in the streets. until then, too poor to afford scala.

proud owner
05-08-10, 23:22
lol...from converting ur TS to a porsche cayenne to propertism. i think eventually any religion in this forum will die except propertism...lol

propertism doesnt work with 99 LH ...

try practising it for 70 yrs ... see what happens ..

devilplate
05-08-10, 23:39
propertism doesnt work with 99 LH ...

try practising it for 70 yrs ... see what happens ..

by tat time, $ not impt liao:D

jlrx
05-08-10, 23:40

Why do those who have sold their properties / have not bought properties like foreign news a lot?

gfoo
05-08-10, 23:47
not the cayenne, dun like.
you know my stand on propertism, being sarcastic

gfoo
06-08-10, 00:05
anyways dun mind me lah, i mah long long post here infrequently. too many ultra rich players and agents here until i scared. 2 bit small fry like me, and i dun even make sense half the time.

devilplate
06-08-10, 14:09
Buy from developers or in resale market?

With the interest rate on savings near zero and not able to beat even Singapore’s benign inflation, forecast at 2.5 to 3.5 per cent by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, many are looking to work their savings harder by buying an investment property.

Having decided that, the next question is whether to invest in a new property bought from the developer or a unit from the resale market. There are arguments for both.

Buying from Developers

Brand new property. Being the first owner, the investor does not have to worry about the history of the unit, its previous owners or occupants.

Progressive payments. The investor may be better able to manage his finances. The loan drawdown is staged and the instalments start low, allowing one to build up the nest-egg during construction. If one’s investment time horizon is short, say two years, one can sell into a rising market and make a profit even before the substantial drawdown on bank loan when the Temporary Occupation Permit is issued. Developers may also tie up with banks to offer attractive financing packages for home buyers.

Defects liability period. The developer guarantees against defects for the first 12 months from TOP.

Early bird discounts. These can often be enjoyed at developers’ previews. Some developers may offer special prices for investors who are willing to commit even before the showflats are ready. Developers always step up prices, or reduce discount levels, when the pace of sales is strong, so early buyers stand to make paper gains quickly.

Choice units. If you get ahead of the queue, all the units that are released are available for your selection.

Configurable. In a limited way, many developers allow room for making minor adjustments. The most common features are selection of materials, tiles, finishes, etc. But it could be more substantial, such as an open versus closed kitchen, or say, the removal of a plunge pool at the rooftop terrace. At the extreme, Far East Organization’s bespoke condominium called Boulevard Vue offers a white plan for individual customisation and “the luxury of creating interior spaces that mirror your personal preferences and taste” (quoted from developer’s website). Such customisation was previously only available if we built our own landed home.

Investing In Tenanted Apartments

Low upfront commitment as simplified by the catchphrase “1+4, not 5+15!”. Buying a new unit from a developer requires a 5 per cent option fee and 15 per cent more eight weeks after exercising the option to purchase. This is in line with practices allowed by the Controller of Housing at the Urban Redevelopment Authority. In the case of a resale transaction, the buyer normally pays a 1 per cent option fee and 4 per cent more to exercise.

Immediate income stream. Despite the relatively low yields of Singapore residential properties, most tenanted homes yield positive cash flow for the landlords, thanks to cheap mortgages.

Significant discounts. Older resale properties often trade at significant discounts to new launches on the same street. There are many examples to support this point, say, around Raffles Place and Shenton Way, along Grange Road, Nassim Road, in Serangoon, East Coast, West Coast, Pasir Panjang, and River Valley, etc. The price gaps between new launches and properties more than five years old in the same street, or even sharing the same perimeter wall, can range from 5 per cent to 50 per cent, or from $100 to $1,500 psf. For 99-year leasehold properties, one might further discount based on the age of the lease, but examples abound for freehold properties too. Given that construction costs range from $300 to $500 psf for luxury properties, if the cost of an older property is lower than its recently launched neighbours by a gap of $500 psf, then one could take a view that the older property was purchased at land cost, and the buildup area was given free.

Developers’ sales prices are peakish. Anecdotal evidence from URA data (see graph) indicates that a majority of investors who have bought from developers’ launches this year have yet to make paper gains despite the more than 10 per cent rise in the URA Private Property Index over the same period. The PPI increase was most likely due to the price gains from resales and landed properties.
En bloc potential. With the rebound in sentiment and collective sales coming back into favour, the en bloc potential must not be ignored. But the investor must do his homework and ask for evidence that the project is indeed a likely, economically feasible, candidate.

As is, where is. What you see is what you get. The investor is buying a completed apartment, flaws and gems all included. There is no guesswork as to the quality of the workmanship and the finishes that will be delivered, unlike with new apartments.

The overall trend in the Singapore home market may be up but confidence is still lacking in some quarters. Global economic uncertainties loom and Singapore is not immune.

For now though, I would recommend properties that are under-valued relative to their neighbours, minimising downside risks and collecting steady rental income.

scsc
06-08-10, 14:35
Wow... are u contributing to this weekend ST column or extracted from some article?

Btw, URA also published PPI of non-landed property of uncompleted pte homes...:p

Buy from developers or in resale market?

With the interest rate on savings near zero and not able to beat even Singapore’s benign inflation, forecast at 2.5 to 3.5 per cent by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, many are looking to work their savings harder by buying an investment property.

Having decided that, the next question is whether to invest in a new property bought from the developer or a unit from the resale market. There are arguments for both.

Buying from Developers

Brand new property. Being the first owner, the investor does not have to worry about the history of the unit, its previous owners or occupants.

Progressive payments. The investor may be better able to manage his finances. The loan drawdown is staged and the instalments start low, allowing one to build up the nest-egg during construction. If one’s investment time horizon is short, say two years, one can sell into a rising market and make a profit even before the substantial drawdown on bank loan when the Temporary Occupation Permit is issued. Developers may also tie up with banks to offer attractive financing packages for home buyers.

Defects liability period. The developer guarantees against defects for the first 12 months from TOP.

Early bird discounts. These can often be enjoyed at developers’ previews. Some developers may offer special prices for investors who are willing to commit even before the showflats are ready. Developers always step up prices, or reduce discount levels, when the pace of sales is strong, so early buyers stand to make paper gains quickly.

Choice units. If you get ahead of the queue, all the units that are released are available for your selection.

Configurable. In a limited way, many developers allow room for making minor adjustments. The most common features are selection of materials, tiles, finishes, etc. But it could be more substantial, such as an open versus closed kitchen, or say, the removal of a plunge pool at the rooftop terrace. At the extreme, Far East Organization’s bespoke condominium called Boulevard Vue offers a white plan for individual customisation and “the luxury of creating interior spaces that mirror your personal preferences and taste” (quoted from developer’s website). Such customisation was previously only available if we built our own landed home.

Investing In Tenanted Apartments

Low upfront commitment as simplified by the catchphrase “1+4, not 5+15!”. Buying a new unit from a developer requires a 5 per cent option fee and 15 per cent more eight weeks after exercising the option to purchase. This is in line with practices allowed by the Controller of Housing at the Urban Redevelopment Authority. In the case of a resale transaction, the buyer normally pays a 1 per cent option fee and 4 per cent more to exercise.

Immediate income stream. Despite the relatively low yields of Singapore residential properties, most tenanted homes yield positive cash flow for the landlords, thanks to cheap mortgages.

Significant discounts. Older resale properties often trade at significant discounts to new launches on the same street. There are many examples to support this point, say, around Raffles Place and Shenton Way, along Grange Road, Nassim Road, in Serangoon, East Coast, West Coast, Pasir Panjang, and River Valley, etc. The price gaps between new launches and properties more than five years old in the same street, or even sharing the same perimeter wall, can range from 5 per cent to 50 per cent, or from $100 to $1,500 psf. For 99-year leasehold properties, one might further discount based on the age of the lease, but examples abound for freehold properties too. Given that construction costs range from $300 to $500 psf for luxury properties, if the cost of an older property is lower than its recently launched neighbours by a gap of $500 psf, then one could take a view that the older property was purchased at land cost, and the buildup area was given free.

Developers’ sales prices are peakish. Anecdotal evidence from URA data (see graph) indicates that a majority of investors who have bought from developers’ launches this year have yet to make paper gains despite the more than 10 per cent rise in the URA Private Property Index over the same period. The PPI increase was most likely due to the price gains from resales and landed properties.
En bloc potential. With the rebound in sentiment and collective sales coming back into favour, the en bloc potential must not be ignored. But the investor must do his homework and ask for evidence that the project is indeed a likely, economically feasible, candidate.

As is, where is. What you see is what you get. The investor is buying a completed apartment, flaws and gems all included. There is no guesswork as to the quality of the workmanship and the finishes that will be delivered, unlike with new apartments.

The overall trend in the Singapore home market may be up but confidence is still lacking in some quarters. Global economic uncertainties loom and Singapore is not immune.

For now though, I would recommend properties that are under-valued relative to their neighbours, minimising downside risks and collecting steady rental income.

devilplate
06-08-10, 17:26
cut and paste one:ashamed1:

Regulators
07-08-10, 03:26
have been browsing in propertyguru lately and came across a whole string of negative complaints from residents about poor toilet pipings and interior finishings, lack of maintenance and poor concierge service etc etc...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/the-sail-marina-bay-59

devilplate
07-08-10, 13:37
have been browsing in propertyguru lately and came across a whole string of negative complaints from residents about poor toilet pipings and interior finishings, lack of maintenance and poor concierge service etc etc...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/the-sail-marina-bay-59

all depends whether ppl wana badmouth a project anot...

u name any condo....sure can find fault one....i guess due to its PSF tats y ppl got super high expectations....

kane
07-08-10, 23:57
all depends whether ppl wana badmouth a project anot...

u name any condo....sure can find fault one....i guess due to its PSF tats y ppl got super high expectations....

but being a premium apt and location like the sail, surely they should have done it to give people no reason to find fault right?

Regulators
08-08-10, 01:41
when it was sold to first time buyers, the price and interior finishings are probably compatible. When the condo price starts to double or triple with the same kind of interior, of course people will feel they are being ripped off

but being a premium apt and location like the sail, surely they should have done it to give people no reason to find fault right?

gfoo
08-08-10, 02:50
you guys are right, this place is just downright lousy, everyone should give TS a miss.

as i suffer in silence here, guess I'll look out the window these few weeks in the hope the ndp convoy and fireworks; yog fireworks; and the F1 curve help salve this suffering.

jlrx
08-08-10, 03:07
you guys are right, this place is just downright lousy, everyone should give TS a miss.

as i suffer in silence here, guess I'll look out the window these few weeks in the hope the ndp convoy and fireworks; yog fireworks; and the F1 curve help salve this suffering.

Looks like nowhere in Singapore is good.

The Sail has inferior furnishing; The Parc is ugly; Orchard Road floods and Bukit Timah and Telok Kurau under water; landed houses got mosquitoes, snakes and spiders; Jurong and Punggol got poison fumes; Sentosa Cove got ghosts "hantu"; East Coast is passe with only Mickey Mouse units; West Coast may suffer explosion from petrochem complex and all the buildings collapse; Novena traffic jam take hours to travel 1 km. :doh:

proud owner
08-08-10, 03:11

The Sail has inferior furnishing; The Parc is ugly; Orchard Road floods and Bukit Timah and Telok Kurau under water; landed houses got mosquitoes, snakes and spiders; Jurong and Punggol got poison fumes; Sentosa Cove got ghosts "hantu"; East Coast is passe with only Mickey Mouse units; West Coast may suffer explosion from petrochem complex and all the buildings collapse; Novena traffic jam take hours to travel 1 km. :doh:

seletar hilll is good

changi is good

cos no one said anything bad abt it ..heheh

peterng8
08-08-10, 09:00

why not stay outside of singapore and just invest in property here?:D :D fo people who think this not a good place...may be this is another option...;)

as I love singapore....compare to other countries...as this is a nice and good country...

Rysk
08-08-10, 10:00

Then you place must be damn lousy too... need to hope for ndp convoy & fireworks etc.. otherwise times you must be damn sick staying at home.. :D

Rysk
08-08-10, 10:03

Your place must be damn lousy lor.. needs to hope to see ndp convoy & fireworks etc to help you salve from suffering.. other time you must be damn sick staying at home..:D

august
08-08-10, 10:14

i hv not looked inside TS yet but have a question regarding ceiling height...

was told for e.g. #3x floor at MBR will equate to #4x floor at TS, is true???

gfoo
08-08-10, 10:16
Your place must be damn lousy lor.. needs to hope to see ndp convoy & fireworks etc to help you salve from suffering.. other time you must be damn sick staying at home..:D

you r right, it's absolutely lousy living here. so windy that at my balc cigarette ashes fly all over; so close to town it burns my wallet shopping; 4 swimming pools here most of the time unused that it crinkles my toes; morning wake up see bay water that it makes me wanna pee immediately. woe is me. but bo pian, cannot afford the more expensive places like scala at 1300psf so stuck here.

gfoo
08-08-10, 10:20
i hv not looked inside TS yet but have a question regarding ceiling height...

was told for e.g. #3x floor at MBR will equate to #4x floor at TS, is true???

stock yes, but after reno you will find stupid redundant false ceilings that can be reclaimed. whole mbfc is half a floor elevated too. no reno, stock living here is horrible - truly lousy fittings et al.

people should never buy TS, they should dump it, and go for the luxurius new suburban projects.

august
08-08-10, 10:29
stock yes, but after reno you will find stupid redundant false ceilings that can be reclaimed. whole mbfc is half a floor elevated too. no reno, stock living here is horrible - truly lousy fittings et al.

oic....
so is it correct to say that given a fixed building height the TS does contain more floors than MBR? :confused:
(serious question not meant to diss TS hor)

gfoo
08-08-10, 10:33
oic....
so is it correct to say that given a fixed building height the TS does contain more floors than MBR? :confused:
(serious question not meant to diss TS hor)

absolutely.

august
08-08-10, 10:36
absolutely.

ok thanks ~ :o

devilplate
08-08-10, 11:02
you r right, it's absolutely lousy living here. so windy that at my balc cigarette ashes fly all over; so close to town it burns my wallet shopping; 4 swimming pools here most of the time unused that it crinkles my toes; morning wake up see bay water that it makes me wanna pee immediately. woe is me. but bo pian, cannot afford the more expensive places like scala at 1300psf so stuck here.

some say high floor too windy, things fly everywhr while others say low flr hot and stuffy and mozzies/bugs as guest.

some say too close to town feeling like coming back to office(home) and cannot relax while others say stay in suburbs get caught in jamm during peak office

some say lots of big swimming pools, full facilities costs very high maintenance while others say puny pool only fit for doggies

some say bayview/seaview corrode ur interior while other says simply crazy to pay so much for views tat u will get sick of it eventually.

some say crazy to pay so much for a 99LH landed in Sentosa
some say crazy to buy landed to feed mozzies and swim whr
some say crazy to buy condo, might as well buy nearby HDB
some say crazy to pay so high COV for resale HDB, might as well buy a condo
some say crazy to buy BTO and wait for 3yrs to stay in ulu Punggol
some say crazy to sell off their ppty and camp at changi beach

What's ur say?:D

gfoo
08-08-10, 11:06
i say all marina bay is terrible; don't believe the govt's propaganda; and just dump the place. sell sell sell

the suburbs and mass market are much better in terms of value. so buy buy buy

out of the kindness of my heart, if any owners are dumping mbay, pls PM me. it's not right that you should bear so much risk - let me share your burden

focus
08-08-10, 12:15

haha.. Not to mention the constant brightness and noise you have to endure whenever there is a special celebration ... and the underground malls (just 5mins stroll away) filled with tourists and you feel like a foreigner in your home country.. and you have the wonder what to eat or buy when there's simply too many choices

You are such a poor thing! :p

august
08-08-10, 14:05
haha.. Not to mention the constant brightness and noise you have to endure whenever there is a special celebration ... and the underground malls (just 5mins stroll away) filled with tourists and you feel like a foreigner in your home country.. and you have the wonder what to eat or buy when there's simply too many choices

You are such a poor thing! :p

also the casino is so near, such a bad and evil social influence! terrible! :mad:

:p

gfoo
08-08-10, 14:08
that's why i say lor, terrible terrible place.

devilplate
08-08-10, 14:27
TS shd only worth 1kpsf? scala better...haha:rolleyes:

august
08-08-10, 14:33
scala really sounds like sala :beats-me-man: