PDA

View Full Version : Shell $1 per L petrol 24 Oct

azeoprop
23-10-09, 15:21
Shell $1/L petrol tomorrow 24 Oct Sat 10am to 6pm. Pump all you can! :eek:
http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=sg-en&FC2=/sg-en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/events_promotion/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/sg-en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/events_promotion/fuelsave_24oct09promo.html

august
24-10-09, 00:06
damn i usually pump caltex.. can mix diff brand or not? :o

Lao Hu
24-10-09, 17:18
The promotion had created massive jam at the 2 Shell stations I passed by just down. :tsk-tsk:

wreckwrx
24-10-09, 17:20
The promotion had created massive jam at the 2 Shell stations I passed by just down. :tsk-tsk:

There a Shell station just a few hundred meters from where I live and I had trouble driving out of my house because of the long queue of cars lining up for $1 petrol... :cool:

andy
24-10-09, 17:47
There a Shell station just a few hundred meters from where I live and I had trouble driving out of my house because of the long queue of cars lining up for $1 petrol... :cool:

I wanted to pump but I figure the queue is probably 1 hour and you probably wasted much petrol waiting so I gave it a miss.:doh:

wreckwrx
24-10-09, 17:51
I wanted to pump but I figure the queue is probably 1 hour and you probably wasted much petrol waiting so I gave it a miss.:doh:

The response is so good that I heard some stations ran out of 98 petrol... so imagine after waiting 1 hr only to find out that they are left with only 95, I know for sure I will curse and swear coz I got no use for 95....

sleek
24-10-09, 17:56
The response is so good that I heard some stations ran out of 98 petrol... so imagine after waiting 1 hr only to find out that they are left with only 95, I know for sure I will curse and swear coz I got no use for 95....

Everyone will surely pump 98 since its the same price. Anyway, didn't bother to queue and add to the traffic jams. :D

azeoprop
24-10-09, 21:18
Wondering if there will be people advertising for sub-sale of petrol tomorrow haa haa haa. :rolleyes: $1.50/L

gfoo
24-10-09, 22:32
more than norm engine heating at long idle significantly shortens lifespan + the petrol burnt during the wait negates any savings. not to mention the risk of accidents, scratches, and the waste of time that can never be recovered. 2 hours can be better spent reading a few chapters of a good book over a cool pina colada esp in the current hot weather.

Reporter
25-10-09, 10:22
Everyone will surely pump 98 since its the same price. Anyway, didn't bother to queue and add to the traffic jams. :D
Thanks for being a good citizen.

Why save a few dollars just to waste petrol on idling and overheating the engine for nothing?

Why create inconvenience for other commuters? I saw a lot of angry bus drivers who could not get to their bus-stop yesterday. Their passengers must be even more angry.