Thread: Shell $1 per L petrol 24 Oct

Default Shell $1 per L petrol 24 Oct

Shell $1/L petrol tomorrow 24 Oct Sat 10am to 6pm. Pump all you can!
    http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...ct09promo.html

damn i usually pump caltex.. can mix diff brand or not?

The promotion had created massive jam at the 2 Shell stations I passed by just down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    The promotion had created massive jam at the 2 Shell stations I passed by just down.
    There a Shell station just a few hundred meters from where I live and I had trouble driving out of my house because of the long queue of cars lining up for $1 petrol...

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    There a Shell station just a few hundred meters from where I live and I had trouble driving out of my house because of the long queue of cars lining up for $1 petrol...
    I wanted to pump but I figure the queue is probably 1 hour and you probably wasted much petrol waiting so I gave it a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I wanted to pump but I figure the queue is probably 1 hour and you probably wasted much petrol waiting so I gave it a miss.
    The response is so good that I heard some stations ran out of 98 petrol... so imagine after waiting 1 hr only to find out that they are left with only 95, I know for sure I will curse and swear coz I got no use for 95....

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    The response is so good that I heard some stations ran out of 98 petrol... so imagine after waiting 1 hr only to find out that they are left with only 95, I know for sure I will curse and swear coz I got no use for 95....
    Everyone will surely pump 98 since its the same price. Anyway, didn't bother to queue and add to the traffic jams.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Wondering if there will be people advertising for sub-sale of petrol tomorrow haa haa haa. $1.50/L

more than norm engine heating at long idle significantly shortens lifespan + the petrol burnt during the wait negates any savings. not to mention the risk of accidents, scratches, and the waste of time that can never be recovered. 2 hours can be better spent reading a few chapters of a good book over a cool pina colada esp in the current hot weather.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Everyone will surely pump 98 since its the same price. Anyway, didn't bother to queue and add to the traffic jams.
    Thanks for being a good citizen.

Why save a few dollars just to waste petrol on idling and overheating the engine for nothing?

Why create inconvenience for other commuters? I saw a lot of angry bus drivers who could not get to their bus-stop yesterday. Their passengers must be even more angry.