PDA

View Full Version : Viva (D11, Freehold, Allgreen)

Pages : 1 [2]

ekl2ekl2
10-12-12, 12:38
Yet another one.. UP UP UP :D

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 3,438,000 1,528 Strata 2,249psf Nov-12

Simply amazing. we talked about TOP euphoria in earlier threads.

So now we have Viva, a Novena condo hitting near 2300pfs for non-MM units, way ahead of Newton condos such as Trilight, Residences@Evelyn etc.

Can get non MM condos at heart of Orchard for this pfs.

Other than good finishing interior, can't find special reasons for this.
Some stacks, facing quite bad.

mcmlxxvi
10-12-12, 13:31
Check how much the recently sold white site right beside Novena MRT went for. That is your answer.

jslee78
11-12-12, 00:00
Check how much the recently sold white site right beside Novena MRT went for. That is your answer.
Not many condo. in Novena is having such a big site area, located adjacent to a small park, close to MRT via underground tunnel and is also freehold. For Singapore to become a regional Medical Hub, the targetted number of healthcare professional is to be increased from the current figure of 36,000 to 69,000 based on a report. This is excluding the non-professional supporting workforce. Meaning that there are still alot of investment to be done in healthcare sector. Some of this investment will naturally flow into Novena area. In time to come, Novena will be further transformed. The quicker the indonesian becomes richer, as their economy is growing at 6%+ per annum, the faster Novena will be transformed into a regional medical hub.

propertychap
11-12-12, 06:48
so the balestier area would get a boost too?

Rysk
11-12-12, 07:00

Since now Viva almost 2.2-2.3k psf for a 1528sf unit
Just 1.3km away The Arte (Thomson/Balestier side) 1528sf unit was transacting at 1.2-1.3k psf..
Meaning for every 100m is about $100psf?? :scared-1:

propertychap
11-12-12, 11:30
does it make vista residence penthouse at 1900psf look cheap?

propertychap
11-12-12, 11:36

dtrax
11-12-12, 12:10

Makes Hamy Scotts looks cheap a cheap

HAMILTON SCOTTS 37 Scotts Road #05-02 1 256 Strata 8,130,200 31759 2950 30-NOV-2012 Apartment Freehold 2012 Sub Sale HDB 09 22 228229 Central Region Newton

HAMILTON SCOTTS 37 Scotts Road #05-01 1 256 Strata 8,130,200 31759 2950 30-NOV-2012 Apartment Freehold 2012 Sub Sale Private 09 22 228229 Central Region Newton

kane
11-12-12, 13:05
HDB owners have lots of hidden wealth...

ekl2ekl2
11-12-12, 13:51
The other possible conclusion is that Viva is over priced and the rest are relatively cheap.

Good location, excellent internal finishing, but external does not have the luxurious look. Small entrance and the best stacks face the multistorey UE Sq car park and the lower floors will see the constant movements of cars at night and the ventilator shunts. The not so good stacks face each other ( 8-10m?) and from balcony can say hello to neighbours and curtains have to be up all the time. Didn't quite like this but some people may not mind.

Would be interesting to see if current high pfs can be sustained a year after TOP.

silver023
11-12-12, 20:47
No vested interest but IMO, overpriced compared to other D9/10 projects

jslee78
12-12-12, 20:45
It will be interesting to know what make a district acquired its "premium status" over time? What are the signs that an investor can detect for such a transformation ? Lets do a comparison between Balestier vs Novena areas based on the following factors:Novena Area:1) Residential development standard: Luxurious condo. began to be built in this area a dacade ago; such as Lincoln Modern by SCDA architect. 2) Hotel standard:It consists of a few 3-4 star hotel development. Oasis hotel by FEO is the lattest addition. It will be interesting to know what kind of Hotel will be developed by Fragrance Group ( site adjacent to the revenue house) and Hoi Hup ( white site adjacent to Novena Square). The trend seems to be moving upmarket.3)Shopping Mall standard:A group of destination malls not only serving the daily needs of the neighbourhood residences, but have attracted customers from other part of s'pore.4)Foreigner enclave:Korean and Indonesian.Balestier Area:1) Residential development standard:Little known luxurious condo. development in this area.2) Hotel standard:Mostly budget hotels. No luxurious hotel development in this area. High possibility of attracting undesirable activities if it is without the monitoring from the government.3)Shopping Mall standard:None. Only good for hawker food and heritage.4)Foreigner enclave:Not clear.In this simple comparison, Balestier area looks like still has a long way to go to acquire its " premium status " despite its close proximity to the city and Novena. Does the premuim status of Novena area justified its huge price margin in relation to its neighbouring balestier area? What price margin is considered right? Is Viva condo. overpriced in comparing with its surrounding development? I will attempt to give my 2 cts comment sometime later.

teddybear
12-12-12, 23:42
I think it is not Viva that is over-priced, rather, it is the surrounding resale condos that are under-priced especially when compared to those OCR condos already hitting >S$1500 psf :p

It will be interesting to know what make a district acquired its "premium status" over time? What are the signs that an investor can detect for such a transformation ? Lets do a comparison between Balestier vs Novena areas based on the following factors:Novena Area:1) Residential development standard: Luxurious condo. began to be built in this area a dacade ago; such as Lincoln Modern by SCDA architect. 2) Hotel standard:It consists of a few 3-4 star hotel development. Oasis hotel by FEO is the lattest addition. It will be interesting to know what kind of Hotel will be developed by Fragrance Group ( site adjacent to the revenue house) and Hoi Hup ( white site adjacent to Novena Square). The trend seems to be moving upmarket.3)Shopping Mall standard:A group of destination malls not only serving the daily needs of the neighbourhood residences, but have attracted customers from other part of s'pore.4)Foreigner enclave:Korean and Indonesian.Balestier Area:1) Residential development standard:Little known luxurious condo. development in this area.2) Hotel standard:Mostly budget hotels. No luxurious hotel development in this area. High possibility of attracting undesirable activities if it is without the monitoring from the government.3)Shopping Mall standard:None. Only good for hawker food and heritage.4)Foreigner enclave:Not clear.In this simple comparison, Balestier area looks like still has a long way to go to acquire its " premium status " despite its close proximity to the city and Novena. Does the premuim status of Novena area justified its huge price margin in relation to its neighbouring balestier area? What price margin is considered right? Is Viva condo. overpriced in comparing with its surrounding development? I will attempt to give my 2 cts comment sometime later.

Rysk
14-12-12, 09:24
I think it is not Viva that is over-priced, rather, it is the surrounding resale condos that are under-priced especially when compared to those OCR condos already hitting >S$1500 psf :p

Ya.. when we are talking about brand new TOP big FH unit Viva hitting 2250psf.. uncompleted 99-LH OCR big unit Sky Habitat transacted at 1700psf & while far away one ECO at 1500psf..

In fact those OCR 99-LH big units at 1500-1700psf already outstrip City fringe Balestier FH big unit 1200-1400psf

Pay 500psf more over SH 1700psf.. and you are in Prime district(not OCR).. D11(not D20).. Novena(not Bishan).. Freehold(not 99-LH).. TOP(uncompleted):rolleyes:

mcmlxxvi
14-12-12, 10:32
SH Bishan is RCR la

Rysk
14-12-12, 11:37
SH Bishan is RCR la

Can moderator transfer SH from Suburbia folder to City fringe folder??
Or best transfer the whole Dist.20 folder to City fringe folder.. :D

jslee78
15-12-12, 14:08
I have done some price comparison ( 2bd room unit) for Viva condo. within Novena area based on:1) Condo. with similar large site area + common facilities : a) Park Infinia( FH) = 1987-2049psf (850m2).b) Soleil (LH) = 1800-1884psf(958m2).c) Viva (FH) = 2002-2150psf (958/1044m2)From the above, The price of Viva is about 5%(100psf) higher than its older cousin, the Mass market park infinia completed in 2008, and is about 10% higher than the Lease hold, highend Soleil completed in 2011. 2) Condo. with similar highend finishes:a) 26 Newton (FH) = 2400-2463psf (614-775m2)b) Viva (FH) = 2002-2150psf (958/1044m2)From the above, The price of Viva is about 10-15% lower than 26-Newton, which occupied a small site, is located further away from MRT and amenity, surrounded by towers on all sides and uncompleted. The only winning feature of 26 Newton is its smaller price quantum.Generally speaking, and despite limited comparison , Viva price doesnot seem to be excessively high in comparison with its neighbours. This comparison may reveal some of the reasons behind its recent price surge; It is a rare product by virtue of its large land size + within MRT walking distance + in a mature residential estate that is close to the city. Not many site have these combination of positive elements. Lastly, I am puzzled by one abnormality of Viva; The price of its larger units ( usually 3-bedroom unit) is leading the price surge. This is the opposite from most condo. in Singapore in current market situation (since the arrival of MM unit) . Upon close examination, there may be an answer to this abnormality, too.

Rysk
09-04-13, 13:13
MR B has requested me to share this "record breaking" psf.. cos he was banned for access into this forum..

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium $2,250,000 958sf Strata 2,349psf Mar-13

phantom_opera
09-04-13, 15:07
MR B has requested me to share this "record breaking" psf.. cos he was banned for access into this forum..

CCR also can perform despite ABSD :p

cloud2
13-04-13, 11:15
This is recorded as subsale. Most likely the option to purchase was signed before the release of CM7. Anyone can verify?

Without CM7, property price would really surge up quickly as shown in the sudden big jump of selling price of about 10 -15% for Viva unit before and after the announcement of QE3.

heehee
13-04-13, 18:13
You have not factored in the fact that Viva has 20% more not usable space (in terms of big planter areas etc) compared to surrounding older condos! (10% more useless space vs PI).

I have done some price comparison ( 2bd room unit) for Viva condo. within Novena area based on:1) Condo. with similar large site area + common facilities : a) Park Infinia( FH) = 1987-2049psf (850m2).b) Soleil (LH) = 1800-1884psf(958m2).c) Viva (FH) = 2002-2150psf (958/1044m2)From the above, The price of Viva is about 5%(100psf) higher than its older cousin, the Mass market park infinia completed in 2008, and is about 10% higher than the Lease hold, highend Soleil completed in 2011. 2) Condo. with similar highend finishes:a) 26 Newton (FH) = 2400-2463psf (614-775m2)b) Viva (FH) = 2002-2150psf (958/1044m2)From the above, The price of Viva is about 10-15% lower than 26-Newton, which occupied a small site, is located further away from MRT and amenity, surrounded by towers on all sides and uncompleted. The only winning feature of 26 Newton is its smaller price quantum.Generally speaking, and despite limited comparison , Viva price doesnot seem to be excessively high in comparison with its neighbours. This comparison may reveal some of the reasons behind its recent price surge; It is a rare product by virtue of its large land size + within MRT walking distance + in a mature residential estate that is close to the city. Not many site have these combination of positive elements. Lastly, I am puzzled by one abnormality of Viva; The price of its larger units ( usually 3-bedroom unit) is leading the price surge. This is the opposite from most condo. in Singapore in current market situation (since the arrival of MM unit) . Upon close examination, there may be an answer to this abnormality, too.

ecimbew
13-04-13, 19:46
Allgreen's condos are very good quality.

mosaic
13-04-13, 23:33
if you buy at this kind of prices very very very difficult to sell off at a higher price. I wish this person good luck.

jslee78
19-06-13, 03:44
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium, 2bedrm, $2,395,000, 958ft2, Strata: $2,500psf, May-2013.Viva with its larger land size and full condo. facilities is slowly leading the price surge in Novena area.I notice that many resale condominuim units have been sold with record breaking psf price in the April-May period; another example is southbank at 1827psf for 958ft2 unit. Price has regained its upwards trend?

Rysk
19-06-13, 08:01

What the... !!! :scared-5:

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium $2,395,000 958sf Strata 2,500psf May-13

kane
19-06-13, 09:50
is this high floor unit plus damn good view??

leesg123
19-06-13, 11:28
Jurong Leasehold already asking for $1600. this is considered damn cheap.

jslee78
19-06-13, 19:09
Those 2 units sold at about 2350psf earlier this years were located on very high floor. Not sure for this one. What is so attractive/unique about this development that appeal to the buyers?

flxcat
19-06-13, 21:06
Those 2 units sold at about 2350psf earlier this years were located on very high floor. Not sure for this one. What is so attractive/unique about this development that appeal to the buyers?

Large compound, city fringe, near mall, mrt and most important is FH.

Cross the road Soleil similar specifications, but LH hence buyer will not bite at such price tag. :D

I still long to buy a unit in Novena, so just a bias observation.

jslee78
24-06-13, 19:36
This is what I have observed: In a sea of small land plot size and crowded environment in Novena area, the star premium attributed to those condo. development falls within 700m from Novena MRT station, is larger land compound, greenery and full condo. facilities.Facts: Viva(FH), Soleil(LH) and Park infinia(FH) all have larger green compound and their selling price and rental value seem resilience. Infact, larger FH land in CCR and RCR, which is located near MRT is very rare and therefore will definitely command a premium.

dreamer888
14-03-16, 14:37
This is what I have observed: In a sea of small land plot size and crowded environment in Novena area, the star premium attributed to those condo. development falls within 700m from Novena MRT station, is larger land compound, greenery and full condo. facilities.Facts: Viva(FH), Soleil(LH) and Park infinia(FH) all have larger green compound and their selling price and rental value seem resilience. Infact, larger FH land in CCR and RCR, which is located near MRT is very rare and therefore will definitely command a premium.

Any renewed interest on this development? Just saw a unit listed at $2,059 psf last week and today, another unit was listed at $1,876 psf. Seems that prices are falling much already? I recalled going to the showflat in 2009 and the project was selling at around $1,600 psf. Those who bought at their initial launch were offered $1,400 psf. Since then, prices have rocketed sky-high amidst the property boom to $2,300 to $2,500 psf. Finally the prices are coming down. Will surely keep a lookout for more action of this development.

Singleton
24-03-16, 09:17
Which unit selling at 1856pfs

Viva asking prices are generally way way over the top and not inline with similar size units in surrounding condos

That's why there are few transactions

For 2000pfs, many other options in D9 for example. $2500pfs for a 2/3 roomers in novena condo? its hard to take for many

When the condo gets older, prices will normalise with surrounding condos

Any renewed interest on this development? Just saw a unit listed at $2,059 psf last week and today, another unit was listed at $1,876 psf. Seems that prices are falling much already? I recalled going to the showflat in 2009 and the project was selling at around $1,600 psf. Those who bought at their initial launch were offered $1,400 psf. Since then, prices have rocketed sky-high amidst the property boom to $2,300 to $2,500 psf. Finally the prices are coming down. Will surely keep a lookout for more action of this development.

bargain hunter
24-03-16, 10:37
Which unit selling at 1856pfs

Viva asking prices are generally way way over the top and not inline with similar size units in surrounding condos

That's why there are few transactions

For 2000pfs, many other options in D9 for example. $2500pfs for a 2/3 roomers in novena condo? its hard to take for many

When the condo gets older, prices will normalise with surrounding condos

there was an advert which we were still discussing with dreamer at the Residences @ Evelyn thread but seems like it has been taken down. maybe dreamer888 bought it. huat ah!

bargain hunter
24-03-16, 10:41
just 4 days ago...............

no 2 bedders were transacted at viva since the cooling measures in jun 2013. the ad shows a smaller unit (slightly smaller vs R@E) at 1876psf negotiable. to me, that's an even greater bargain if u can get it at 1.9m. view both units to get a feel! good luck!

dreamer888
24-03-16, 11:41
just 4 days ago...............

Haha.. i wish I have bought it! I just went back to see it on Tues and it was gone! Probably snapped up quickly due to competitive pricing...

bargain hunter
24-03-16, 12:40
Haha.. i wish I have bought it! I just went back to see it on Tues and it was gone! Probably snapped up quickly due to competitive pricing...

apparently there r many buyers lurking just waiting for below market pricing to snap up. i came across this advert for a leasehold old condo in D3, advertised at below market price, next moment also caveat lodged and advert gone.

bargain hunter
24-03-16, 12:41
just gotta move a little faster to at least view first. viewing is free, no need to offer one. haha.

dreamer888
24-03-16, 15:12
just gotta move a little faster to at least view first. viewing is free, no need to offer one. haha.

Just curious, typically how long does it take for the caveat to be lodged? I read that it's updated every Tues and Fri. So if someone bought the unit this week, I could see the caveat on Monday (as tomorrow is a holiday)?

bargain hunter
24-03-16, 19:22
Just curious, typically how long does it take for the caveat to be lodged? I read that it's updated every Tues and Fri. So if someone bought the unit this week, I could see the caveat on Monday (as tomorrow is a holiday)?

the caveat depends on when the lawyer lodges it but usually it happens after the buyer exercises the option. so usually at least 2 to 3 weeks have passed before the caveat is lodged. for new sales from developers i think its a bit different, not too sure how long is the lag.

dreamer888
25-03-16, 11:13
the caveat depends on when the lawyer lodges it but usually it happens after the buyer exercises the option. so usually at least 2 to 3 weeks have passed before the caveat is lodged. for new sales from developers i think its a bit different, not too sure how long is the lag.

I see.. thanks for the info. Anyway, i read that it's optional to lodge a caveat right? Shall see if this unit is really sold.

bargain hunter
25-03-16, 11:18
I see.. thanks for the info. Anyway, i read that it's optional to lodge a caveat right? Shall see if this unit is really sold.

optional but my kiasi lawyer always say must lodge coz anything can happen with the seller. even though my relative "cash and carry" a unit recently, he still say lodge caveat just in case anything happens to seller lol.

Newbie1
25-03-16, 20:34
what would be the current fair market price for a 2 bedder, low floor for novena condos like Viva and Park infinia?

1700pfs plus?

At newton side, residence evelyn 2 bedder asking 1700pf +

proud owner
26-03-16, 00:28
i have never really followed Viva ...quite surprise at the asking price at this moment ..2xxx psf ???

not sure if it is a good price at all considering its location ....

dreamer888
28-03-16, 09:40
what would be the current fair market price for a 2 bedder, low floor for novena condos like Viva and Park infinia?

1700pfs plus?

At newton side, residence evelyn 2 bedder asking 1700pf +

I have followed VIVA quite abit as I visited the showflat some time in 2009. I know it was launched at around $1600psf at that time.

I would say fair value should be around $1800-1900 psf considering of its location, FH status and TOP in 2013.

I have also been looking at R@E which is selling at a lower psf but actually more towards the Newton side. Just saw a unit advertised at $1.82mm ($1760psf) above 20th floor.

dreamer888
30-03-16, 17:15
The $2.15mm 2+1 unit (1,044 sqft) at VIVA is gone also from the pptygura listings. Waiting to see their caveats to confirm if they have been sold.

Singleton
17-04-16, 13:12
The $2.15mm 2+1 unit (1,044 sqft) at VIVA is gone also from the pptygura listings. Waiting to see their caveats to confirm if they have been sold.

Not sure whether is the same unit, sold for 2.02m, 1935pfs, high floor>21

Buyer bought during launch in 2009 for 1623pfs

that's prob fair market price for high floor.

Low floor probably around 1800pfs

dreamer888
24-05-16, 10:35
Hi Forum Bros,

Any thoughts on this? What do you reckon as its fair value?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12343116/for-sale-viva/

VIVA 6 Suffolk Walk #15-05 89 1800000 1879 13-DEC-2011

VIVA 6 Suffolk Walk #15-05 89 1482300 1547 02-SEP-2009

wannabe
24-05-16, 10:49
Hi Forum Bros,

LOL why dont you buy this instead?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19700518/for-sale-vida

dreamer888
24-05-16, 11:10
Good question! Guess I still prefer Novena area and Viva is closer to the MRT station and surrounding amenities?

LOL why dont you buy this instead?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19700518/for-sale-vida

wannabe
24-05-16, 13:49
Good question! Guess I still prefer Novena area and Viva is closer to the MRT station and surrounding amenities?

Both are around 9mins walk to the MRT station according to google map.
But technically you could be right as there is a 50m difference.

dreamer888
24-05-16, 16:10
Yeah, probably the 50m won't make much of a difference. Was coming more from the perspective of neighbouring amenities. At Viva, you have 2 malls with supermarkets and eateries. I like to go Pek Kio market for hawker food and can do some wet marketing. But no doubt, location at Newton still has a edge over Novena in terms of pricing.

But if we look at both developments from the property's point of view (floor plan, layout, size, facilities etc.), what are your thoughts? Would love to hear from bargainhunter bro too :)

Both are around 9mins walk to the MRT station according to google map.
But technically you could be right as there is a 50m difference.

bargain hunter
24-05-16, 16:42
Yeah, probably the 50m won't make much of a difference. Was coming more from the perspective of neighbouring amenities. At Viva, you have 2 malls with supermarkets and eateries. I like to go Pek Kio market for hawker food and can do some wet marketing. But no doubt, location at Newton still has a edge over Novena in terms of pricing.

But if we look at both developments from the property's point of view (floor plan, layout, size, facilities etc.), what are your thoughts? Would love to hear from bargainhunter bro too :)

the floor plan of the viva unit seems to indicate the 2nd bedroom is quite small? the unit also only has a dry kitchen (unless u don't cook at all so that doesn't bother u).

wannabe
24-05-16, 18:08

I have not seen Viva cos out of my budget.
If you would like to have more usable space , then Vida has a clear edge over Viva.
This is based on what i saw in Vida units and the floorplan of Viva.
In short, Vida has no balconies, planters.

bargain hunter
24-05-16, 18:13
If you would like to have more usable space , then Vida has a clear edge over Viva.

does vida have a tennis court? maybe that matters to bro dreamer. oh, one more thing to add, viva clearly sits on a larger piece of land, is more family oriented (2 to 4 bedders and penthouses) vs vida which is more of 1 and 2 bedders. i think bro dreamer is looking for own stay so from that point of view, viva has a lot more value than vida to him. :)

wannabe
24-05-16, 18:19
does vida have a tennis court? maybe that matters to bro dreamer. oh, one more thing to add, viva clearly sits on a larger piece of land, is more family oriented (2 to 4 bedders and penthouses) vs vida which is more of 1 and 2 bedders. i think bro dreamer is looking for own stay so from that point of view, viva has a lot more value than vida to him. :)

Vida has no tennis courts.
Not much facilities. Its more apartment status.
Near some decent schools though.
I look at it from a investment angle.
I agree Viva more for own stay.
Just that @2kpsf at the tail-end of Novena seems a bit too high.

bargain hunter
24-05-16, 18:32
Vida has no tennis courts.
Not much facilities. Its more apartment status.
Near some decent schools though.
I look at it from a investment angle.
I agree Viva more for own stay.
Just that @2kpsf at the tail-end of Novena seems a bit too high.

yup, that's the difference, investment vs own stay. also, viva is not exactly "tail-end". its quite strategically located beside the amenities ie malls.

wannabe
24-05-16, 18:35
yup, that's the difference, investment vs own stay. also, viva is not exactly "tail-end". its quite strategically located beside the amenities ie malls.

The amenities are a huge plus....i used to frequent United Sq a lot when i was staying in town.
Cairnhill is more of a ATAS feel.
Depends on what one is looking for.

teddybear
24-05-16, 20:52
But Vida is much more further from Newton MRT station and much more difficult to walk (with slopes) compared to Viva to Novena MRT station.

Also, Viva is much closer to shopping and eateries than Vida.

It is also easier to drive to anywhere from Viva than Vida (roads connectivity better).

But Viva is very space inefficient (lots of UN-usable space)!
The 2 Bedders and 3 bedders appear very cramped!

So both have pros and cons............

wannabe
25-05-16, 08:41
Vida is not much more further.
As mentioned previously, the difference between Vida to Newton MRT and Viva to Novena MRT is around 50m according to google maps.
There are 2 exits at Vida, one is cairnhill rise and the other Peck Hay Road.
The Peck Hay Road exit will be nearer to the MRT.
The cairnhill rise area is very quiet but the roads are very narrow.
I would say the main advantages of Vida over Viva would be its address and layout.
Main advantages of Viva over Vida would be facilities and amenities.

dreamer888
25-05-16, 11:50
Thanks to all forum bros for your views! Greatly appreciated. I think all of you sum it up quite well in the sense that Viva more for own stay (that's my intention with a view of capital appreciation as well) whereas Vida is more for investment. I have been to Viva showflat before so it's not exactly very space constrained. Would love to check out Vida one of these days to make a clear comparison.

And bargain hunter bro - the tennis court doesn't matter to me but good to have :)

The walk to Vida is quite OK actually. I have actually walked from Newton to Cairnhill Residences and I just realised Vida is like the mid point. I would say its location is quite exclusive given that Peck Hay road is turning in from the main road and traffic. But I am unsure how convenient it is to amenities like supermarkets and eateries (less Newton Circus hawker centre).

What is the fair value in your opinion for Viva's 2brs?

wannabe
25-05-16, 15:00
Thanks to all forum bros for your views! Greatly appreciated. I think all of you sum it up quite well in the sense that Viva more for own stay (that's my intention with a view of capital appreciation as well) whereas Vida is more for investment. I have been to Viva showflat before so it's not exactly very space constrained. Would love to check out Vida one of these days to make a clear comparison.

And bargain hunter bro - the tennis court doesn't matter to me but good to have :)

The walk to Vida is quite OK actually. I have actually walked from Newton to Cairnhill Residences and I just realised Vida is like the mid point. I would say its location is quite exclusive given that Peck Hay road is turning in from the main road and traffic. But I am unsure how convenient it is to amenities like supermarkets and eateries (less Newton Circus hawker centre).

What is the fair value in your opinion for Viva's 2brs?

You can use Edge fair Value ($1.97M) and the SRX Market Value ($2.07M) as rough indications.
The above prices are for #15-05 Viva

dreamer888
25-05-16, 15:37
Hi wannabe bro,

I have used those tools already. But just wanted to hear from you guys how much you think you will pay for one if you were to buy there (a reasonable price though).

You can use Edge fair Value ($1.97M) and the SRX Market Value ($2.07M) as rough indications.
The above prices are for #15-05 Viva

amk
25-05-16, 15:39
aiyo Viva and Vida are completely not comparable.

One is just next to all the amenities (just outside united sq), sitting on a much larger piece of land, with decent facilities (large pool, tennis court), and with reasonable family sized units.

The other one is positioning itself as exclusive Cairnhill, with mostly small units, no facilities, and no amenities nearby. The whole idea is exclusive atas. FEO tried to sell as such, for a long time.

See which type you prefer. What I know is Viva renting is quite easy cause it is very convenient.

dreamer888
25-05-16, 15:47
Hi amk bro,

Agreed with you on your comments. Both developments are each of its own - basically targetting different groups of people. Viva more for families and Vida more for singles/couples.

I have a toddler so am looking for a family-oriented development. But would you pay $2mm for Viva?

One is just next to all the amenities (just outside united sq), sitting on a much larger piece of land, with decent facilities (large pool, tennis court), and with reasonable family sized units.

The other one is positioning itself as exclusive Cairnhill, with mostly small units, no facilities, and no amenities nearby. The whole idea is exclusive atas. FEO tried to sell as such, for a long time.

See which type you prefer. What I know is Viva renting is quite easy cause it is very convenient.

wannabe
25-05-16, 16:19

The 2 bedders in Vida are quite sizeable.
I saw did see families with kids there when i was viewing few months back.
But of cos Viva more suitable for large families with the amenities and facilities.

Singleton
26-05-16, 20:41
>2000pfs for 2 roomer Novena condo is at the tip of the cycle. 2000pfs for studio still OK
current market around 1800plus pfs is more reasonable
Viva has seen its best days when people chased it till 2500pfs
Just compare with condos in the area

Hi Forum Bros,

teddybear
27-05-16, 08:42
$2000 psf for Freehold 2-room Viva in Novena is still a much much better deal than paying >$1200 psf for 99-years Leasehold in OCR like Hougang or Sengkang etc for that matter........... :hornybastard:

>2000pfs for 2 roomer Novena condo is at the tip of the cycle. 2000pfs for studio still OK

dreamer888
27-05-16, 08:45
Agreed with Singleton bro. I told the agent that the fair value imo should be $1850-$2000 psf in this market. No response since :P He just replied the owner is unlikely to lower his asking price.

But I feel that since the owner is willing to sell at $2mm after holding it for 5 years (bought at $1.8mm) and with the ppty still tenanted till Dec 16, just gives me the feeling that he wants to cash it out quickly.

dreamer888
27-05-16, 08:49
Hi Teddybear bro, that's what we CCR diehards feel. To most of the people around me, they see no sense in pumping in so much money to buy a CCR ppty. I guess most people just wanna sell hdb flat and upgrade to a OCR condo.

$2000 psf for Freehold 2-room Viva in Novena is still a much much better deal than paying >$1200 psf for 99-years Leasehold in OCR like Hougang or Sengkang etc for that matter........... :hornybastard:

wannabe
27-05-16, 11:51
Agreed with Singleton bro. I told the agent that the fair value imo should be $1850-$2000 psf in this market. No response since :P He just replied the owner is unlikely to lower his asking price.

But I feel that since the owner is willing to sell at $2mm after holding it for 5 years (bought at $1.8mm) and with the ppty still tenanted till Dec 16, just gives me the feeling that he wants to cash it out quickly.

Bro dreamer888, wait a little longer.
Prices will adjust again once interest rates inches up a little more.

Kelonguni
27-05-16, 12:16
Advising people to wait is rather dangerous.

Brother Dreamer888 waited until cannot decouple HDB. People wait for COE to drop some more, what happened?

I say if the price feels reasonable and the need is apparent, go for it!

Bro dreamer888, wait a little longer.
Prices will adjust again once interest rates inches up a little more.

wannabe
27-05-16, 14:44
Advising people to wait is rather dangerous.

Brother Dreamer888 waited until cannot decouple HDB. People wait for COE to drop some more, what happened?

I say if the price feels reasonable and the need is apparent, go for it!

Oh i think COE wouldnt drop much in 2014, so i bought my car back then.
What happened?

Kelonguni
27-05-16, 15:28
Oh i think COE wouldnt drop much in 2014, so i bought my car back then.
What happened?

The key is patience but not asking for the moon. When is striking hot, hold your fire. When it's cooled, enter. (But do have a sensing around for the people who are buying the same things you want).

2014 is not too bad. 2013 was worse.

wannabe
27-05-16, 15:34
The key is patience but not asking for the moon. When is striking hot, hold your fire. When it's cooled, enter. (But do have a sensing around for the people who are buying the same things you want).

2014 is not too bad. 2013 was worse.

On hindsight its always 20/20

Based on current market conditions, there is more risk to plunge right in than to wait.

Might be an interest rate rise within 6mths, dont think prices will shoot thru the sky from now till year end.

Kelonguni
27-05-16, 16:43
Prices have barely moved since 2015. Better to secure low interest early and start paying down.

For loans, first few years' interest quantum is always the highest.

On hindsight its always 20/20

Based on current market conditions, there is more risk to plunge right in than to wait.

Might be an interest rate rise within 6mths, dont think prices will shoot thru the sky from now till year end.

wannabe
27-05-16, 16:50
Prices have barely moved since 2015. Better to secure low interest early and start paying down.

For loans, first few years' interest quantum is always the highest.

Anyway how about Newton Suites? Suitable for families? Might be noisy though.

Kelonguni
27-05-16, 18:32
Anyway how about Newton Suites? Suitable for families? Might be noisy though.

Small families 2BR still can. Seems quite standard sized.

If you can get one priced at 17XXpsf, I don't think it can get any lower.

Larger units have to do more deco to enhance the light and space feel because of the design of the condo (that prevents optimal lighting to its core) and the height of the ceiling.

Location wise - excellent for SJI.

wannabe
01-06-16, 14:32
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/singapore-property-market-really-buyer-040003113.html

Kelonguni
01-06-16, 15:02
Better to wait till either:

ABSD increased to 10%

Interests increased to 5% after growth worldwide and US goes to 6%

SGD depreciates much further

Much more SGD printed and income increases another 20%

Population increases by another million

Then think about buying.

Buy only when the bull can be seen.

wannabe
01-06-16, 15:40
Better to wait till either:

ABSD increased to 10%

Interests increased to 5% after growth worldwide and US goes to 6%

SGD depreciates much further

Much more SGD printed and income increases another 20%

Population increases by another million

Then think about buying.

Buy only when the bull can be seen.

Think interest rate going to 5% will be a long long time.
Nowadays Negative interest rates more in vogue.
There are even talks about aussie interest rates going negative.
I think US interest rate go up by another 1% will be enough to see a lot more mortgage sales.

Kelonguni
01-06-16, 16:37
Think interest rate going to 5% will be a long long time.
Nowadays Negative interest rates more in vogue.
There are even talks about aussie interest rates going negative.
I think US interest rate go up by another 1% will be enough to see a lot more mortgage sales.

Not really. Most have interest rates fixed in some form to 3-4 years down the road.

Also, many have TDSR set at 3.5% after 2013.

Also, income is still rising for the group that constitute owners.

Unless you have a relative willing to sell low to you, or you happen to be so lucky to bump into a fire sales seller without competing buyers, what you imagine is unlikely to happen soon, especially not in Singapore. Long before that happens, Govt would have done something to the game. Just look at car Coe prices, the lowest it went to was 38k. This was perhaps 20 times higher than the few thousand dollars it used to cost in 2009.

wannabe
01-06-16, 17:29
Not really. Most have interest rates fixed in some form to 3-4 years down the road.

Also, many have TDSR set at 3.5% after 2013.

Also, income is still rising for the group that constitute owners.

Unless you have a relative willing to sell low to you, or you happen to be so lucky to bump into a fire sales seller without competing buyers, what you imagine is unlikely to happen soon, especially not in Singapore. Long before that happens, Govt would have done something to the game. Just look at car Coe prices, the lowest it went to was 38k. This was perhaps 20 times higher than the few thousand dollars it used to cost in 2009.

http://www.global-rates.com/interest-rates/central-banks/central-bank-america/fed-interest-rate.aspx
Let's see what happens when it goes up by 1%
We will revisit this topic.
:o)

Kelonguni
01-06-16, 17:43
On. Just dunno how many years it will take.

Happy waiting!

http://www.global-rates.com/interest-rates/central-banks/central-bank-america/fed-interest-rate.aspx

Citizen
01-06-16, 17:45
My friend bought a 2 bedder unit on 14th floor at Gem, he told he is lucky to be balloted. I did tell him about the rate hike. He just laugh at it. I believe most if not majority of buyers were prepared.

wannabe
01-06-16, 18:13
My friend bought a 2 bedder unit on 14th floor at Gem, he told he is lucky to be balloted. I did tell him about the rate hike. He just laugh at it. I believe most if not majority of buyers were prepared.

What about those who are not prepared?
Maybe lose his/her job? Cant find tenant? Cannot service the loan?
I only have $ to buy 1 property. So i only need 1 durian to drop from the tree.
Hopefully its Mao San Wang.
:)

Kelonguni
01-06-16, 18:38
Low interest rate those who need to buy or long term investor should quickly secure. Low interest is when speculators and short term investor come in.

When interest goes up, price is just as likely to stay the same. This is especially all the measures target speculation.

wannabe
01-06-16, 20:34
On. Just dunno how many years it will take.

Happy waiting!

Property investment is supposed to be "long" term.

Kelonguni
01-06-16, 22:15
Precisely. Those who bought their properties last time at below 500psf, do you think they will be that concerned if it was 50psf more or less?

Or those who bought at 50psf, would they be that particular over that 5psf difference.

More important is to start early and plan the financing properly. Time a bit yes, but surely can't time to the precise point.

Property investment is supposed to be "long" term.

Citizen
01-06-16, 23:11
What about those who are not prepared?
Maybe lose his/her job? Cant find tenant? Cannot service the loan?
I only have $ to buy 1 property. So i only need 1 durian to drop from the tree.
Hopefully its Mao San Wang.
:)
How many are not prepared? You have many of them in your circle of friends and relatives? I never have anyone not prepare in my circle if not I can have fire sales from them. Perhaps when it is time for fire sale I also will not accept I will wait further or bigger fire sales sighs

wannabe
02-06-16, 00:56
Precisely. Those who bought their properties last time at below 500psf, do you think they will be that concerned if it was 50psf more or less?

Or those who bought at 50psf, would they be that particular over that 5psf difference.

More important is to start early and plan the financing properly. Time a bit yes, but surely can't time to the precise point.

My "long" term refers to holding power, in reply to your "Low interest is when speculators and short term investor come in" quote.
So if one is a short term player/speculator, who bought during 2011-2014, some of them dont have that kind of holding power.
Example: someone i know bought 3 units, 20% down for each unit.
If % rate goes up, cannot find tenant then how? At times like this, timing is everything. (im not buying to stay)

wannabe
02-06-16, 00:59
How many are not prepared? You have many of them in your circle of friends and relatives? I never have anyone not prepare in my circle if not I can have fire sales from them. Perhaps when it is time for fire sale I also will not accept I will wait further or bigger fire sales sighs

I think if your friends or relatives want to firesale you might not want to buy from them.
Imagine lowballing someone you actually know, that will just sour the relationship.
Been down that path. Only lowball someone you dont know.

Citizen
02-06-16, 07:09
I think if your friends or relatives want to firesale you might not want to buy from them.
Imagine lowballing someone you actually know, that will just sour the relationship.
Been down that path. Only lowball someone you dont know.
Depending on situation , lowball during bad times is helping and low ball during good times is insane.

Citizen
02-06-16, 07:20
My "long" term refers to holding power, in reply to your "Low interest is when speculators and short term investor come in" quote.
So if one is a short term player/speculator, who bought during 2011-2014, some of them dont have that kind of holding power.
Example: someone i know bought 3 units, 20% down for each unit.
If % rate goes up, cannot find tenant then how? At times like this, timing is everything. (im not buying to stay)

Don't assume that someone bought 3 units with 20 % down for each has no holding power or backup plan. Buying property is not buying stock or any other investments.

wannabe
02-06-16, 08:54
Don't assume that someone bought 3 units with 20 % down for each has no holding power or backup plan. Buying property is not buying stock or any other investments.

I'not assuming that. What i'm assuming is that with your very positive mindset, Singapore's Property Market will be very stable, immune to shocks cos people you know are all so prudent with their finances.

Kelonguni
02-06-16, 23:46
I'not assuming that. What i'm assuming is that with your very positive mindset, Singapore's Property Market will be very stable, immune to shocks cos people you know are all so prudent with their finances.

Its actually with the "negative" and well intentioned mindset of the Govt, Singapore's Property Market had been crafted to be very stable, immune to shocks cos people were forced to be prudent with their finances.

Citizen
05-06-16, 09:59

Therefore I said don't assume, if I have a very positive mindset on singapore's property market I could have invested like master Kelonguni. Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?

wannabe
05-06-16, 10:55
Therefore I said don't assume, if I have a very positive mindset on singapore's property market I could have invested like master Kelonguni. Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?

I think you have just assumed.
So sellers who are have sold their CCR properties and lost $ sometimes in access of 20% are ordinary folks? So these people who have bought CCR properties for > $3M are not prudent with their finances, no holding power and do not have backup plans? Does this mean they are your kind of "ordinary" folks?

Kelonguni
05-06-16, 11:21
The LTV ratio used to be 90 or 95% before 2009 I think,

Anyone who decided to cheong then with some savings can aim for 3million or multiple units quite easily. Generally speaking, ordinary folks from 2000 to 2014 would not have dared to consider CCR. It was with the dip in price and the growth in income that more "ordinary" folks opted for CCR.

Mine either fully paid or more than 20%. Give me a few more years to perhaps go for one last one. Yes hope for further dip. :)

So sellers who are have sold their CCR properties and lost $ sometimes in access of 20% are ordinary folks? So these people who have bought CCR properties for > $3M are not prudent with their finances, no holding power and do not have backup plans? Does this mean they are your kind of "ordinary" folks?

Citizen
05-06-16, 11:33
Did I say that , can you read properly ?

wannabe
05-06-16, 12:08
Did I say that , can you read properly ?

"Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?"

Aren't you assuming that the example i quoted had holding power?
Are you looking to buy a property within 6-12mths time?
Why dont you walk the talk like Kelongguni?
If not , what does this matter to you?

wannabe
05-06-16, 12:21
The LTV ratio used to be 90 or 95% before 2009 I think,

Anyone who decided to cheong then with some savings can aim for 3million or multiple units quite easily. Generally speaking, ordinary folks from 2000 to 2014 would not have dared to consider CCR. It was with the dip in price and the growth in income that more "ordinary" folks opted for CCR.

Mine either fully paid or more than 20%. Give me a few more years to perhaps go for one last one. Yes hope for further dip. :)

If one is buying for own stay, the timing of the purchase would be less important than that of an investor.
Even if prices were to swing +/- 20%, does not matter much to an owner occupier.
I stayed in CCR for 20 years until we were "forced" to leave. Regardless of what people say about the diminishing differential factors of OCR/RCR/CCR, i still prefer living in the CCR.

Citizen
05-06-16, 12:31
"Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?"

Oh I see your point , I should phase it "how can a ordinary folks instead of can a ordinary folks"
Yes I'm looking into property investment when it crash and still waiting.
Don't understand the walk the talk as I don't have positive mindset on property like those masters.
Property matters to all Singaporean if not everyone.
Last but not least, how can a person buy 3 units with 20% each has no holding power and back up plan ? I m not convinced by this.

Arcachon
05-06-16, 12:52
Last but not least, how can a person buy 3 units with 20% each has no holding power and back up plan ? I m not convinced by this.

Let me share a real case. This guy bought a landed property and sold in 2009 with a gain of 600k(if sold one year later add a million to it), bought 3 FH property with positive cash flow, bought one for own stay. Sold one property a few week ago and now have 600K cash. the other two property rental able to cover the own stay mortgage.

wannabe
05-06-16, 12:56
Oh I see your point , I should phase it "how can a ordinary folks instead of can a ordinary folks"
Yes I'm looking into property investment when it crash and still waiting.
Don't understand the walk the talk as I don't have positive mindset on property like those masters.
Property matters to all Singaporean if not everyone.

I'm not sure about you, but i was actively looking into buying since Feb this year so went to view > 20 different condos.
Typically for a resale condo, the reasons for selling given by the agents would be either of the below 2:

1) Seller holding multiple units
2) Seller bought from floorplan, when he/she receive the keys to the unit, found that its not what they want.

From my personal understanding of holding power, if one have the cash, it would not be 20% down on multiple units.
20% down on multiple units to me highly leverage and speculative in nature.
People with the $ will put down way more than 20%.
They are basically looking for a quick flip (before SSD was introduced in 2011 Jan, i always remember this measure cos we bought in 2011 Jan)
We almost back out of the option when the government announced the measure, but hey, i'm buying for own stay so what the heck, just buy lor.

wannabe
05-06-16, 13:02
Let me share a real case. This guy bought a landed property and sold in 2009 with a gain of 600k(if sold one year later add a million to it), bought 3 FH property with positive cash flow, bought one for own stay. Sold one property a few week ago and now have 600K cash. the other two property rental able to cover the own stay mortgage.

Aiyo sold the landed before the price exploded.
The real capital appreciation for landed is from late 2009 to mid 2014.

Citizen
05-06-16, 19:51
I'm not sure about you, but i was actively looking into buying since Feb this year so went to view > 20 different condos.
Typically for a resale condo, the reasons for selling given by the agents would be either of the below 2:

1) Seller holding multiple units
2) Seller bought from floorplan, when he/she receive the keys to the unit, found that its not what they want.

From my personal understanding of holding power, if one have the cash, it would not be 20% down on multiple units.
20% down on multiple units to me highly leverage and speculative in nature.
People with the $ will put down way more than 20%.
They are basically looking for a quick flip (before SSD was introduced in 2011 Jan, i always remember this measure cos we bought in 2011 Jan)
We almost back out of the option when the government announced the measure, but hey, i'm buying for own stay so what the heck, just buy lor.
First and foremost, generally agents like to say what you like to hear. It could be real or right reasons no one know and not important but of course sellers know. What matters most is the buyers can meet most if not all his requirements. Secondly it is not mandatory that have cash cannot leverage to the teeth. It depends on interest rate environment. I have relative and friend who leverage on properties and use the cash to invest in bonds and stocks. But by then the interest hike they would have redeem the bonds the repay the loan. We look forward to the interest hike which I have waited for many years. Happy waiting cheers!

Arcachon
05-06-16, 20:38
First and foremost, generally agents like to say what you like to hear. It could be real or right reasons no one Bank not in know and not important but of course sellers know. What matters most is the buyers can meet most if not all his requirements. Secondly it is not mandatory that have cash cannot leverage to the teeth. It depends on interest rate environment. I have relative and friend who leverage on properties and use the cash to invest in bonds and stocks. But by then the interest hike they would have redeem the bonds the repay the loan. We look forward to the interest hike which I have waited for many years. Happy waiting cheers!

The interest rate will sure go up, the problem is when.

If you are given the right to print money, to borrow any amount of money. Will you raise interest rate because everyone say raise interest rate is the correct way forward?

Janet is the other half of Ben, who tell the world by printing lot of money inflation is under control because the money in the central Bank not in circulation.

When the World know they can print money, who in the right mind will say No.

Southbank 2006 cost 535,000 for 2 Bedroom now sell 1.4 to 1.5 million, the land, the build aged, the supply increased why the extra, don't worry not inflation just that people willing to pay extra.

http://hillionresidence.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fa9e4ef709a850f84c2a4d85dd9a586f.jpeg

ecimbew
10-06-16, 21:02
The interest rate will sure go up, the problem is when.

If you are given the right to print money, to borrow any amount of money. Will you raise interest rate because everyone say raise interest rate is the correct way forward?

Janet is the other half of Ben, who tell the world by printing lot of money inflation is under control because the money in the central Bank not in circulation.

When the World know they can print money, who in the right mind will say No.

Southbank 2006 cost 535,000 for 2 Bedroom now sell 1.4 to 1.5 million, the land, the build aged, the supply increased why the extra, don't worry not inflation just that people willing to pay extra.

http://hillionresidence.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fa9e4ef709a850f84c2a4d85dd9a586f.jpeg

Bro, yes we all know your Southbank Classic example.

bargain hunter
28-10-16, 15:33
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 2,050,000 - 1,044 Strata 26 to 30 1,963 Oct-16

any bro bought this?

Singleton
29-10-16, 09:54
Not many 2 roomers for sale
This one reasonable price for high floor at current rate but blocked view

always feel that viva way more expensive than surrounding condos esp the transactions bet 2000-2500pfs, like orchard road

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 2,050,000 - 1,044 Strata 26 to 30 1,963 Oct-16

any bro bought this?

teddybear
29-10-16, 22:37
Or another possibility is Viva is fairly priced and thus surrounding condos are under-priced? :pirate:

Not many 2 roomers for sale
This one reasonable price for high floor at current rate but blocked view

always feel that viva way more expensive than surrounding condos esp the transactions bet 2000-2500pfs, like orchard road

dreamer888
31-10-16, 16:36
Good price transacted in a long time! Finally psf dipping below $2K. It's actually a 2+1 unit (25 units only).