PDA

View Full Version : The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

munchies
13-06-10, 22:59
Hi Okko,

You owner of Tropica unit too? What prompt your purchase? I was checking the prices of The Clearwater, The Triopica and AQBP and seems like The Clearwater is commanding very high psf which i clearly do not understand. Is it because it is near to the new DTL3?

Can't stand noon sun either. That's why I didn't chose AQBP or Clearwater.

munchies
13-06-10, 23:02
Yupz, has been viewing for the past two years? More active earlier but as the psf climbed, i gradually scale down my viewing coz cant afford.. hahahaha. I totally agree with your comments coz can fully utilise the space. I also liked the additional store room that you get for the 3bedders..

pwah! you viewed for 2 years?

tropica's layout is v squarish w no odd space, most importantly, the ceiling is over 3 metres high. :)

munchies
13-06-10, 23:05
HI Eastlover,

Perhaps you can get the management to spruce up the main entrance which is an eyesore i must say.. Among all the condos around Reservoirs, i suppose The Tropica has the most unsightly/unappealing entrance... which is turn off for investors like meeeee... :doh:

good idea, we can ask our dear "Andy Lau" to bring up at next AGM. Not only the library but also the reading room/study room, since Tropica function room is soooo big.

The squash court is always empty. Maybe we can propose it to allow play badminton inside?

And the terrace on the second floor of function room is so under utilized. we should think of how to use it. maybe can add a glass roof, to allow our kids to play there during raining day?

OR, convert the terrace to laundry area, to hang clothes!!!:D so that no more clothes hanging on the windows! Frankly, that one i really can't take it, as it really lower down the class of Tropica, even worse than HDB.:mad:

SRM
13-06-10, 23:28
Hi SRM,

Yupz, saw a few layout in Tropica, including the one above yours.. By far, like this BEST coz the layout is really very logical.. I've seen units from Blk 55, Blk 53, blk 63 and Blk 61 (4 bedder) over the past two years and none is better than the Blk 51 stack. I guess with your reno, your whole purchase will amount to no less than 1million considering that reno nowadays arent cheap either.

Yes Munchies. Its very much possible that my purchase may hit one million. But it was for our own stay and we intend to be in Tropica long term. Thats why we were more particular about the exterior and the orientation.

I feel Tropica entrance is a no-frill approach. Maybe the reason is none of the units face the entrance, so they didnt bother to spend much on it.

I have yet to start sourcing for a good reno contractor. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do let me know if you are aware of any good contractors.

okko
14-06-10, 00:11
Hi Okko,

You owner of Tropica unit too? What prompt your purchase? I was checking the prices of The Clearwater, The Triopica and AQBP and seems like The Clearwater is commanding very high psf which i clearly do not understand. Is it because it is near to the new DTL3?

Hi munchies, like you, I've been eying Tropica for almost 1 year before I gladly settled with the current unit... Have viewed nearly all condo projects in Tampines... you name it... and a few in Pasir Ris... nothing gave me the warm "welcome home" feeling except for Tropica.

I couldn't understand the high psf commanded by Clearwater either. I myself was turned off right away by just looking at its "no-frill" swimming pool and noon sun hitting most of its reservoir facing units. But to be fair, its interior deco looks pretty nice (but I am not sure whether it is just the unit I viewed or its original deco). For AQBP, love its landscape and direct link to the reservoir, but dislike its facing and layout, and its blue/green roof top is an eye sore to me (in fengshui, that is not good). BS is nice, but the size of its swimming pool is no bigger than Tropica's children pool. :scared-1: For other projects, like pinevale, eastvale..... so crammed.. oh man. Does not give me the feeling of "upgrading”.

But I think to most people, Tropica seems a bit ulu, ha! which I found out later that it is not so... many direct buses and have 24hr markets, food courts within walking distance... I am actually grateful that the new MRT line will not bypass Tropica... no train noise, phew.. :cool: However, with future TP station, it will be within walking distance. Just nice!!

Agree that Tropica has a humble look from "outside“, but that's why I had a pleasant surprise when I came to know how nice it is "inside". I don't mind retiring in Tropica actually, if it remains a peaceful escape... :sleep:

McKinnon
14-06-10, 06:57
Agree that Tropica has a humble look from "outside“, but that's why I had a pleasant surprise when I came to know how nice it is "inside". I don't mind retiring in Tropica actually, if it remains a peaceful escape... :sleep:

agree! after i sold my hdb in marine parade, i was looking at pinevale and the ABC condos. Luckily one agent suggested 'Why don't you consider the Tropica?" I googled and instantly zoomed in on this project.

I viewed 3 units in a day, and bought my current unit on the spot. :)

East Lover
15-06-10, 16:52
you said what i wanted to say! this weekend i held a party, many friends said so also - tropica looks like a 世外桃源,别有洞天. how lucky that we can live in a resort everyday!

East Lover
15-06-10, 16:56
HI Eastlover,

Perhaps you can get the management to spruce up the main entrance which is an eyesore i must say.. Among all the condos around Reservoirs, i suppose The Tropica has the most unsightly/unappealing entrance... which is turn off for investors like meeeee... :doh:
hay the best person is our dear McKinnon, as he looks like 刘德华!

Tropica has talents, and McKinnon is our big star. :) He can convince mgmt very effeciently, not me :cool:

East Lover
15-06-10, 17:00
last night we went to reservior for cycling after dinner, and i noticed that a lot of trees next door have been shifted out. does that mean the showflat will be ready for viewing sooooooon?

get your blank cheque be prepared, hehehe :p

spyro
22-06-10, 12:28
hay the best person is our dear McKinnon, as he looks like 刘德华!

Tropica has talents, and McKinnon is our big star. :) He can convince mgmt very effeciently, not me :cool:

McKinnon works in the airport? Sounds like a friend who works in the airport..

Tropica is really a nice place to live, would love to hv a unit there...

McKinnon
22-06-10, 14:22
no i don't. today i am reno coordinator krkr..

sister eastlover, wait till you see stan did for me this time. :D

McKinnon works in the airport? Sounds like a friend who works in the airport..

Tropica is really a nice place to live, would love to hv a unit there...

East Lover
22-06-10, 15:45
no i don't. today i am reno coordinator krkr..

sister eastlover, wait till you see stan did for me this time. :D
so fast start reno? collected new key arleady?
wanna to visit my house to get some idea from/for Stan? :p

McKinnon
22-06-10, 16:17
sure will pop by ur place wen convenient.

i home now if u wan to see reservoir fm high floor :D

so fast start reno? collected new key arleady?
wanna to visit my house to get some idea from/for Stan? :p

McKinnon
23-06-10, 09:58
just received streetsine alert that a 1238sqft unit above #11 is asking for 1mil.

as expected after bro SRM's 920k caveat is out, the floodgates have opened. :scared-5:

hycondo
23-06-10, 10:45
just received streetsine alert that a 1238sqft unit above #11 is asking for 1mil.

as expected after bro SRM's 920k caveat is out, the floodgates have opened. :scared-5:
I think it is already appeared in the Sunday Times 20 Jun 2010....

McKinnon
23-06-10, 11:03
OIC. Can tell if it's blk 51 from the sunday times pix?

At this premium, should be stack 3 above bro SRM's unit.

Blk 51 is leading the psf charge up! probably due to pool and reservoir view + 1km to st hilda's. :)

I think it is already appeared in the Sunday Times 20 Jun 2010....

McKinnon
23-06-10, 11:27
the view from my iphone. :)

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/view-1.jpg

East Lover
23-06-10, 11:29
the view from my iphone. :)

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/view-1.jpg
and from your new home:)
Very nice! must view once Stan done his good job! hehehe

McKinnon
23-06-10, 11:32
come come.

yday the painter uncle stood at the window staring at the reservoir for 15mins. krkrkr.

focus
23-06-10, 11:39

Can I tompang to see Stan's new creation :)

I am still waiting for him to give me a quote and design for my dakota residence. TOP is processing now and hopefully I can signed up with him by end June.

Kinnon, Stan will give initial 3d design or just 2d sketches ah?

McKinnon
23-06-10, 11:47
3d bro,

gonna be solid! very armani, i like i like

sure come visit when it's done, i serve you red wine or coffee. :D

Can I tompang to see Stan's new creation :)

I am still waiting for him to give me a quote and design for my dakota residence. TOP is processing now and hopefully I can signed up with him by end June.

Kinnon, Stan will give initial 3d design or just 2d sketches ah?

East Lover
23-06-10, 13:54
3d bro,

house warming or Stan's job assessment, especially for Tropica forumer? ;)

focus
23-06-10, 14:05
house warming or Stan's job assessment, especially for Tropica forumer? ;)

Ya .. I think Mckinnon discovered a gem of a ID..
I was mesmerized from his first reno pics posted here..
You should check out stan's latest pics.

Just hope he got time for my reno project. :)

McKinnon, wa.. so touched.. :) actually you can also post the pics here for us to enjoy... Workmanship is ok right?

McKinnon
23-06-10, 14:45
haha, for your compliment, i'll make sure he makes time for you.

but he's packed to the hilt lately coz his partner is on vacation.

workmanship is fine by my standards.

Ya .. I think Mckinnon discovered a gem of a ID..
I was mesmerized from his first reno pics posted here..
You should check out stan's latest pics.

Just hope he got time for my reno project. :)

McKinnon, wa.. so touched.. :) actually you can also post the pics here for us to enjoy... Workmanship is ok right?

munchies
24-06-10, 09:39
Mckinon bro,

You can post picts here? would love to see your new creation. hahaha

3d bro,

McKinnon
24-06-10, 12:34
still under reno lei sister, i show you preview from 3D rendering can?

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/living2.jpg

Mckinon bro,

You can post picts here? would love to see your new creation. hahaha

SRM
24-06-10, 15:49
OIC. Can tell if it's blk 51 from the sunday times pix?

At this premium, should be stack 3 above bro SRM's unit.

Blk 51 is leading the psf charge up! probably due to pool and reservoir view + 1km to st hilda's. :)

Just returned after holidaying in Phuket.

I was expecting 1 Million by end of this year. Never thought it would happen so fast.:cool:

I saw the pic in streetsine. The living room is well renovated and from the view looks very much block 51 stack 3.

SRM
24-06-10, 15:58

Bro, your home sweet home looks really stunning..I am drooling already. Mind pm me your ID contact.

focus
24-06-10, 16:04
Bro, your home sweet home looks really stunning..I am drooling already. Mind pm me your ID contact.

Wa.. Mckinnon must get referral fees from Stanley. :)

Hope Stanley still got capacity to handle me and SRM ..

SRM
24-06-10, 16:13
Just wondering if the 900K unit in Block 51 is sold already. Primary 1 school admissions are starting next month.
As Bro Mckinnon said, St Hilda's proximity will push up the demand and prices.

SRM
24-06-10, 16:19

hahahah...No lah..wont be stretching Stan's capacity..I will not be renovating my house so fast. Mine would be later towards year end and move in next year.

McKinnon
24-06-10, 17:01
bro i dun get anything la, good lobang just pass on to nice ppl lo.

i told stanley to focus on your dakota liao, coz ur view so nice i wan to go visit after he does his magic.

bro srm, will pm you stan's number.

wait till you see what he did for my mbr!!! :D

East Lover
24-06-10, 17:16

the actual outcome will be even better than this 3D! we are looking forward to your invitation of house warming, hehehehe!:tongue3:

okko
25-06-10, 16:10
hahahah...No lah..wont be stretching Stan's capacity..I will not be renovating my house so fast. Mine would be later towards year end and move in next year.

Oh... poor (or lucky?) Stan... :D , coz I am also contacting him for my reno job scheduled at second half of this year. Has met up with him, he was very nice and patient attending to our queries. I think we are the ones who really stretch not just his capacity but imagination....

Coz unlike you guys, we have set limited budget for our renovation this time (I am talking about something below S$20k), coz we figured we may only stay in Tropica for 5-6 years (max) before we move and rent it out again so kind of reluctant to splurge hard-earned $... pai sian..

With that limitation, I don't think our final effect will turn out as nice as dear McK here coz less $ for our poor ID to play with... but I am still hopeful it will make some difference. hehe. Once the reno is over, I may post a photo here to satisfy your curiosity. :p

McKinnon
25-06-10, 17:04
can be done for less than 20k if you minimise on carpentry and tilings.

if stan plays to colours, textures and contrast, it will look like 40k.

Oh... poor (or lucky?) Stan... :D , coz I am also contacting him for my reno job scheduled at second half of this year. Has met up with him, he was very nice and patient attending to our queries. I think we are the ones who really stretch not just his capacity but imagination....

Coz unlike you guys, we have set limited budget for our renovation this time (I am talking about something below S$20k), coz we figured we may only stay in Tropica for 5-6 years (max) before we move and rent it out again so kind of reluctant to splurge hard-earned $... pai sian..

With that limitation, I don't think our final effect will turn out as nice as dear McK here coz less $ for our poor ID to play with... but I am still hopeful it will make some difference. hehe. Once the reno is over, I may post a photo here to satisfy your curiosity. :p

okko
26-06-10, 20:57
can be done for less than 20k if you minimise on carpentry and tilings.

if stan plays to colours, textures and contrast, it will look like 40k.

haha, Bingo!! And he should take you out for dinner.

McKinnon
27-06-10, 07:16
keke, dunnid la. he just do nice job for frens referred can liao.

haha, Bingo!! And he should take you out for dinner.

unregistered881
27-06-10, 13:20
Hi McKinnon bro, I have been trying to search/google your ID Stan's company website but to no avail. Can you kindly help to advise?

Thanks in advance.

McKinnon
27-06-10, 13:23
homerejuvenation.com.sg

Hi McKinnon bro, I have been trying to search/google your ID Stan's company website but to no avail. Can you kindly help to advise?

Thanks in advance.

East Lover
28-06-10, 09:38
We went to Waterfront Gold this weekend. The 1+1 unit is asking 700K, and that's only 5th floor, no much lake view but only road noise!

When I came back Tropica, I really really appreciate the spaciousness in Tropica! so lucky we can stay in Tropica!

kEN9170
28-06-10, 10:12
For spaciousness, older development will be a better choice.
You will not have such luxouries in newer developments. This apply to new HDBs too.:D

I'm looking forward to Tropica "Andy Lau" new home done up by Stanley.:D

We went to Waterfront Gold this weekend. The 1+1 unit is asking 700K, and that's only 5th floor, no much lake view but only road noise!

When I came back Tropica, I really really appreciate the spaciousness in Tropica! so lucky we can stay in Tropica!

East Lover
28-06-10, 10:48
For spaciousness, older development will be a better choice.
You will not have such luxouries in newer developments. This apply to new HDBs too.:D

Maybe that applies to our next door new condo also...:mad:

I noticed that they are building something now, looks like a foundation for the showflat. maybe we can see they start to sell before lunar 7th month? very soon liao?;)

okko
29-06-10, 00:09

Thanks in advance.
OMG, no wonder he is so busy recently, harder to book appointment now. But good for him.

McKinnon
29-06-10, 11:57
bro you gotta wait abit for pixs, we just finalised the mbr look. :)

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/mbr-1.jpg

East Lover
01-07-10, 11:18
One of the agents told me that 14th floor is asking 1.45mil! it's 950+psf:doh:

That will really break our Tropica record if they can manage to find a buyer.:cool:

East Lover
01-07-10, 14:10
bro you gotta wait abit for pixs, we just finalised the mbr look. :)

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/mbr-1.jpg
nice design! very stanly :)

McKinnon
01-07-10, 14:58
hey, should say very armani very me mah.. haha..

nice design! very stanly :)

SRM
02-07-10, 10:11
One of the agents told me that 14th floor is asking 1.45mil! it's 950+psf:doh:

That will really break our Tropica record if they can manage to find a buyer.:cool:

Woow.. That will really be a big jump. All newspapers are projecting that property market will continue the uptrend for some more time.

East Lover
02-07-10, 10:43
Woow.. That will really be a big jump. All newspapers are projecting that property market will continue the uptrend for some more time.
Dear all, if you want to upgrade to block 57 high floor 4 bedders with super unblock lake view, here is the chance!

call your own agent to dig out :cool:

for me, $1.45mil, i would rather go for next door new condo :tongue3:

McKinnon
02-07-10, 11:56
i'm also waiting for next door, looks like they gonna launch earlier than Q1 next year?

Dear all, if you want to upgrade to block 57 high floor 4 bedders with super unblock lake view, here is the chance!

call your own agent to dig out :cool:

for me, $1.45mil, i would rather go for next door new condo :tongue3:

East Lover
02-07-10, 12:17
i'm also waiting for next door, looks like they gonna launch earlier than Q1 next year?
I got reply from them, officially still at Q1 2011, but it seems will be earlier. the foundation of showflat is building higher and higher. maybe they will have a 2 story showflat, in order to show both reservior and quary view?

McKinnon
02-07-10, 14:34
yay!

namor namor launch at 850psf.

I got reply from them, officially still at Q1 2011, but it seems will be earlier. the foundation of showflat is building higher and higher. maybe they will have a 2 story showflat, in order to show both reservior and quary view?

East Lover
02-07-10, 15:19
yay!

namor namor launch at 850psf.
supported! I will go for 850psf next door, not 950psf this door! hehehe

okko
05-07-10, 15:51
supported! I will go for 850psf next door, not 950psf this door! hehehe

Can't agree more. We love Tropica but we hasn't yet lost our money sense. haha

East Lover, I dropped you a PM. Check it out.

East Lover
05-07-10, 18:05
Can't agree more. We love Tropica but we hasn't yet lost our money sense. haha

East Lover, I dropped you a PM. Check it out.
I replied already. have you received any notification?

okko
06-07-10, 19:10
I replied already. have you received any notification?

Tried to reply but got this instead: :doh:

East Lover has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

East Lover
07-07-10, 09:02
Tried to reply but got this instead: :doh:

East Lover has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
sorry sorry, didn't notice that. clear up already..

okko
07-07-10, 11:11
sorry sorry, didn't notice that. clear up already..

Many thanks! PMed. :-)

hycondo
17-07-10, 11:04
Hi sorry to ask, anyone can share what is the current rental rate in The Tropica for 3 bedroom?

McKinnon
18-07-10, 07:06
2.9k unfurnished 3.2k furnished.

if blk 51 reservoir view just add one to two hundred bucks more.

ask for 1 year lease, coz uwc starts full operations in aug next year.

Hi sorry to ask, anyone can share what is the current rental rate in The Tropica for 3 bedroom?

hycondo
18-07-10, 20:08
thank you for the info.

2.9k unfurnished 3.2k furnished.

if blk 51 reservoir view just add one to two hundred bucks more.

ask for 1 year lease, coz uwc starts full operations in aug next year.

hycondo
31-07-10, 21:18
Hi
if I rent a unit with proper contract. Halfway through landlord sell away the house. Is it right for the landlord to tell the tenant to move by giving them a notice period?
How to settle on the remaining tenancy period?
Anyone Any advice

McKinnon
01-08-10, 08:05
Are you renting or are you renting out?

if you're renting look at the early termination clause where the landlord has to compensate you unless it's stipulated that he's not required to.

if you're renting out, you can try selling w tenancy since this gives investor buyers immediate rental income, else you can nego the exit clause w potential tenants.

Hi
if I rent a unit with proper contract. Halfway through landlord sell away the house. Is it right for the landlord to tell the tenant to move by giving them a notice period?
How to settle on the remaining tenancy period?
Anyone Any advice

McKinnon
02-08-10, 07:11
taduumm! my armani-inspired monochromatic look is finally complete!

i managed to snap some pixs b4 the place gets overrun by kids' toys. :)

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/liv.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/liv1.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/Haennon/mbr.jpg

cashrich
02-08-10, 08:16

Nice.... but I find it too dark.

Anyway it should look better at night.

focus
02-08-10, 12:32
Very nice indeed ! :) First time I see 3D drawing lose out to the actual implementation :p

devilplate
02-08-10, 14:14
i tink i am too stingy .... by the way how much does it cost?

mabe i shd splurge more for my next hse:D

McKinnon
02-08-10, 15:18
the cost is very value for money to me.

i'm still tinking of getting a new dark gray shaggy rug for the living room, hope toto is kind to me. :D

i tink i am too stingy .... by the way how much does it cost?

mabe i shd splurge more for my next hse:D

okko
02-08-10, 21:41

i'm still tinking of getting a new dark gray shaggy rug for the living room, hope toto is kind to me. :D

Spot on! The feel is captured with no amiss. Oh my, this raised my expectation again. Still waiting for the quotation so far. Can't wait to see the my 3D pic.

Agree that a new dark gray rug will fit even better into this theme. How about also hiding the rail of the curtain? think it is neat.

okko
02-08-10, 23:04
did anyone notice that we seemed to have a new management from Aug 1st onwards? What's the reason of changing management? thought the old management did a quite good job?

SRM
03-08-10, 11:16

Bro!!! This is fantastic. Really stunning and warm look. Looks like a dream come true...:)

xebay11
03-08-10, 13:53
did anyone notice that we seemed to have a new management from Aug 1st onwards? What's the reason of changing management? thought the old management did a quite good job?

Usually lowest quote wins.

McKinnon
03-08-10, 20:50
tankyu tankyu. remember to post ur reno pixs soon. :D

Bro!!! This is fantastic. Really stunning and warm look. Looks
like a dream come true...:)

okko
03-08-10, 23:59
Bro!!! This is fantastic. Really stunning and warm look. Looks like a dream come true...:)

Actually, love the view the most!! haha

McKinnon
04-08-10, 09:59
agree. stunning reservoir view w/o road noise. i'm loving it. :D

Actually, love the view the most!! haha

East Lover
04-08-10, 10:10

Wow bro, Stanly did a good job again! looks so high class, so "you"! congrates!
when to view your 2 homes? to see beautiful reno and lake/pool view during this long weekend? Hehehe

McKinnon
04-08-10, 10:27
wah piang so near just walk over this saturday.

i viewed blk 61 1313sqft 3br last sunday, sold on the spot 900k. wow.

Wow bro, Stanly did a good job again! looks so high class, so "you"! congrates!
when to view your 2 homes? to see beautiful reno and lake/pool view during this long weekend? Hehehe

McKinnon
04-08-10, 12:10
pwah, how come stanley's photos nicer than mine.

http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/2010/08/home-rejuvenated.html

East Lover
04-08-10, 14:37
pwah, how come stanley's photos nicer than mine.

http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/2010/08/home-rejuvenated.html
wow your master bedroom also looks very high class leh. looking forward to see the actual one!

East Lover
04-08-10, 14:40
wah piang so near just walk over this saturday.

i viewed blk 61 1313sqft 3br last sunday, sold on the spot 900k. wow.
What time did you view? AM or PM? Is that blk 61 3 bedder hot or not? 900K not bad leh...

McKinnon
04-08-10, 18:21
11 am. It was a cloudy day extremely windy.

McKinnon
05-08-10, 06:52
Waterview sounds cool! but 696 units?? gulp...

"In March this year, the group clinched a 99-year leasehold condo site at Tampines Ave 1/Ave 10, facing Bedok Reservoir, at a state tender.

It plans to build a 696-unit project to be named Waterview on this plot, with the majority of units being two and three-bedroom apartments. 'We'll probably launch the project around Q4 this year,' said Ms Kuik. Sim Lian paid $302 million or $421 psf ppr for the site."

East Lover
05-08-10, 09:57
Waterview sounds cool! but 696 units?? gulp...

"In March this year, the group clinched a 99-year leasehold condo site at Tampines Ave 1/Ave 10, facing Bedok Reservoir, at a state tender.

It plans to build a 696-unit project to be named Waterview on this plot, with the majority of units being two and three-bedroom apartments. 'We'll probably launch the project around Q4 this year,' said Ms Kuik. Sim Lian paid $302 million or $421 psf ppr for the site."
1. 696 units is almost 700 units! :doh:
2. either they reduce the floor area OR add more blocks...
3. "Waterview" - sounds like sister project from "Waterfront" collection! Why water again? I think our Tropica is HOT ;)

By the way, since "resident" is very IN now, why not name it as "The Waterview Resident"? hehehe
http://www.waterviewresidences.com/

okko
05-08-10, 10:07
1. 696 units is almost 700 units! :doh:
2. either they reduce the floor area OR add more blocks...
3. "Waterview" - sounds like sister project from "Waterfront" collection! Why water again? I think our Tropica is HOT ;)

By the way, since "resident" is very IN now, why not name it as "The Waterview Resident"? hehehe
http://www.waterviewresidences.com/

What 700 units? I think last time the newspaper said 650+. They sure know how to squeeze in more units. Farewell my quarry view. :doh:

Maybe we should move to your block East Lover since wify loved your unit and view so much. :D

East Lover
05-08-10, 10:21
What 700 units? I think last time the newspaper said 650+. They sure know how to squeeze in more units. Farewell my quarry view. :doh:

Maybe we should move to your block East Lover since wify loved your unit and view so much. :D
To them, as long as the total unit <=699, still valid for 650+ :tongue3:

Haha, welcome to our block! I will inform you at first time, once I can smell if there is any potential seller there :p

okko
06-08-10, 11:17
To them, as long as the total unit <=699, still valid for 650+ :tongue3:

Haha, welcome to our block! I will inform you at first time, once I can smell if there is any potential seller there :p

4-beddrs hit 1 mil already. Gee, I need pay raise, man.

SRM
21-08-10, 16:09
Todays Straits Times shows the DTL 3 map.

There is one station coming up on Tampines Ave 4 near Temasek Poly. We will soon have a MRT within 1 km .. :cool:

acewee
21-08-10, 22:40
I assume you live in 'The Tropica'. Congrats.

There is one station coming up on Tampines Ave 4 near Temasek Poly. We will soon have a MRT within 1 km .. :cool:

SRM
22-08-10, 11:00
I assume you live in 'The Tropica'. Congrats.

Will be moving in later this year. :)

East Lover
23-08-10, 10:18

haha, finally, even through not within walking distance, but still nice to have lah.

actually, since majority ppl in Tropica are driving, and it's so convenient to drive, having a MRT within 1KM in 7 years later, is really a nice-to-hav good news for us.:)

acewee
23-08-10, 22:39
It's always nice to have an added option of transportation so its still good news for everyone.

haha, finally, even through not within walking distance, but still nice to have lah.

actually, since majority ppl in Tropica are driving, and it's so convenient to drive, having a MRT within 1KM in 7 years later, is really a nice-to-hav good news for us.:)

mightyleftfoot
24-08-10, 15:42
It's always nice to have an added option of transportation so its still good news for everyone.

Time to buy a electric bicycle...somemore can Tian Mi Mi on weekends with your spouse! :cool:

hycondo
31-08-10, 22:20
While browsing through ProperyGuru site, notice that most 3 bedders have advertised at closed to $800psf....
So far I see the highest transacted is $920k for the three bedders...
Next few months will be the testing period along with the launch of the Waterview project.

East Lover
01-09-10, 00:41
While browsing through ProperyGuru site, notice that most 3 bedders have advertised at closed to $800psf....
So far I see the highest transacted is $920k for the three bedders...
Next few months will be the testing period along with the launch of the Waterview project.
poor developer... the showflat hasn't completed yet, gament already cool down market liao.

i wander what kind of psf will this water view will go :confused:

gohsoonk
01-09-10, 09:32
Catch 22 situation...screwed...

poor developer... the showflat hasn't completed yet, gament already cool down market liao.

i wander what kind of psf will this water view will go :confused:

McKinnon
01-09-10, 14:25
after the knee jerk reaction, the market will find its footing based on macro factors.

imagine you're one of the 100k FTs streaming into sg every year. wat is your 1st priority? housing.

so you look at your available options:

1. Buy resale HDB coz you cannot wait for new HDBs being built. You find that supply is choked coz sellers have longer MOPs. You try your luck with 20k below valuation, seller sells to one of the 99,999 FTs who pays him the most.

2. Some FTs may consider mass market condos since they can get 80% financing. But mass market condo sellers hold, coz rent is good versus their instalment. Furthermore, singaporeans who wanted to buy 1.5mio property with 80% financing will shift down to buy 1mio prop at 70% financing.

3. Rent hdb or condo - since supply is choked, there will be fewer units available for rent. less supply, higher rent.

bottom line, demand will still outstrip supply if we bring in more FTs than units being built. I have many FT friends preparing to buy instead of rent.

the simpliest way to address is to build alot of hdbs and price them affordably, or turn off the FT tap completely.

so one wonders why it's not being done? :beats-me-man:

01-09-10, 15:23
actually i thought this developer will be quite good since they have the DBSS in Tampines, if can afford then get the condo, if not then get the DBSS if income below $10k, either way they win.:D

Catch 22 situation...screwed...

East Lover
01-09-10, 18:01
actually i thought this developer will be quite good since they have the DBSS in Tampines, if can afford then get the condo, if not then get the DBSS if income below $10k, either way they win.:D

8th DBSS - New Tampines dbss winning bid is $2809.81 psm by Sim Lian on Aug 2010.
7th DBSS - Yishun dbss winning bid is $1935.5 psm/GFA by Guthrie on May 2010.
6th DBSS - The Peak@ TPY winning bid is $1723 psm/GFA by Hoi Hup on Aug 2008.
5th DBSS - Parc Lumiere@Simei winning bid is $1472 psm/GFA by Sim Lian on Jun 2008.
4th DBSS - Natura Loft@Bishan winning bid is $2551 psm/GFA by Qingdao on Feb 2008.
3rd DBSS - Park Central@AMK winning bid is $2283 psm/GFA by Greathearth on Nov 2007
2nd DBSS - Cityview@BoonKeng winning bid is $2516 psm/GFA by Hoi Hup on May 2007.
1st DBSS - The Premiere@Tampines winning bid is $1223 psm/GFA by Sim Lian in 2006.

I think Sim Lian is also an East Lover :D :D :D

devilplate
01-09-10, 18:28
8th DBSS - New Tampines dbss winning bid is $2809.81 psm by Sim Lian on Aug 2010.
7th DBSS - Yishun dbss winning bid is $1935.5 psm/GFA by Guthrie on May 2010.
6th DBSS - The Peak@ TPY winning bid is $1723 psm/GFA by Hoi Hup on Aug 2008.
5th DBSS - Parc Lumiere@Simei winning bid is $1472 psm/GFA by Sim Lian on Jun 2008.
4th DBSS - Natura Loft@Bishan winning bid is $2551 psm/GFA by Qingdao on Feb 2008.
3rd DBSS - Park Central@AMK winning bid is $2283 psm/GFA by Greathearth on Nov 2007
2nd DBSS - Cityview@BoonKeng winning bid is $2516 psm/GFA by Hoi Hup on May 2007.
1st DBSS - The Premiere@Tampines winning bid is $1223 psm/GFA by Sim Lian in 2006.

I think Sim Lian is also an East Lover :D :D :D

sim lian huat big time liao la!

income ceiling raised to 8k to 10k (the only extra condition is no HDB loan for these group of buyers)

they can sell at EC price!:scared-1:

sim lian manage to get invited for the kopi session? haha:p

990113d03
01-09-10, 19:01
The highest bid for the Bedok Centre land opp Bedok MRT is 841psf ! Shocking... Land bid for east getting higher and higher. The winning bid for Simei St 3 plot opp Simei MRT is 523psf. Optima at tanah merah sold out in 3 days. The new Tampines dbss land bid by Sim Lian is a record for dbss. Is there so much potential in the east for developers to bid so highly?

SRM
01-09-10, 23:05
The govt's new policy sounds more like a immediate stop to property investors, be it HDB or private. But not long term solution.
Previously the decreased max loan from 90% to 80%. The rentals started creeping up and then buyers started accepting and going for property with 80% loan. They buy smaller houses than what they could have got with a 90% loan but they still bought and pushed up the prices.
The HDB change is to deter investors from using HDB as property investment. This will help to some extent but real investors wont pay high COV for HDB, its genuine buyers for own stay which pays high COV. There will be lesser HDB sellers which will again push up prices after some time.
I see the next property boom to be bigger than the current one. :scared-5:

McKinnon
02-09-10, 05:12
Sharp observation.

Boh pian coz hdb no enuf and if prices runaway they cannot meet 6.5mio population target.

Imagine our island 30% more crowded than now :scared-4:

The govt's new policy sounds more like a immediate stop to property investors, be it HDB or private. But not long term solution.
Previously the decreased max loan from 90% to 80%. The rentals started creeping up and then buyers started accepting and going for property with 80% loan. They buy smaller houses than what they could have got with a 90% loan but they still bought and pushed up the prices.
The HDB change is to deter investors from using HDB as property investment. This will help to some extent but real investors wont pay high COV for HDB, its genuine buyers for own stay which pays high COV. There will be lesser HDB sellers which will again push up prices after some time.

hycondo
02-09-10, 13:19
Another 3 bedders advertised in PropertyGuru for $1.08M....

East Lover
02-09-10, 14:50
Cool! I thought this round govt's policy target to cool down HDB and mass-market condo?

Let's see how will HDB upgraders react for this $1.08Mil asking price... :)

McKinnon
04-09-10, 08:14
looks like blk 65? nice and well maintained unit.

blk 51 #09-04 transacted 920k, which means bro SRM can shout for 1.18mio for his crown jewel unit :D

okko
04-09-10, 22:27

OMG, the view is nice so is the price.... :sleep:

Actually while many see mass condo price drop, I see the opposite happening. Though some upgraders will be shut out for some time, but don't forget, upgrading is something people will seek by all means....

However, many PRs who do not want to serve 5 year MOP will now turn to buy a mass market condo.... many condo owners who previously want to invest a resale HDB will also look to mass market condos.....

Let's see...

okko
04-09-10, 22:40
Plus, garment's first priority is to make HDB affordable, not condos affordable.. so let's see...

DC33_2008
04-09-10, 22:45
How can it be affordable even before all the price hike as starting salary in the last 10 years has not risen much. It is already quite tough for a fresh graduate couple.
Plus, garment's first priority is to make HDB affordable, not condos affordable.. so let's see...

SRM
04-09-10, 23:54
Wow!!! :) Tropica prices seem to be going up up and away...But I must admit..its 100% value for money...Looking forward to moving in soon. :cool:

looks like blk 65? nice and well maintained unit.

blk 51 #09-04 transacted 920k, which means bro SRM can shout for 1.18mio for his crown jewel unit :D

McKinnon
05-09-10, 09:38
the view w/o glaring west sun reflection alone is very rare liao.

unless owners want to wear sunglasses at home every afternoon.

Wow!!! :) Tropica prices seem to be going up up and away...But I must admit..its 100% value for money...Looking forward to moving in soon. :cool:

cashrich
05-09-10, 12:26

Sharp observation, before that, the weaker ones get flushed out.

Rental is going to go up for sure.

Deals will fall and the transacted prices will fall

chance is coming. Double dip recession in property prices is CONFIRMED Happening. One aftermath of Lehman and the other aftermath of PM2010's national day rally speech.

Condorich
05-09-10, 14:16

chance is coming. Double dip recession in property prices is CONFIRMED Happening. One aftermath of Lehman and the other aftermath of PM2010's national day rally speech.

Speak as if like GOD like that. Power!

McKinnon
05-09-10, 16:07
nobody knows for sure how it will pan out.

if rental is gg up for sure, why would transacted price fall as owners will rent out, and investors buy with rental yield in mind.

you hope it will happen doesnt mean it will happen. :)

gohsoonk
06-09-10, 09:36
I am pretty sure nobody would be sure how it will pan out.

Personnally, I think the rental have a chance of going up while the tranx fall. This is because FTs who are priced out of the market would turn to renting rather than buying.

nobody knows for sure how it will pan out.

if rental is gg up for sure, why would transacted price fall as owners will rent out, and investors buy with rental yield in mind.

you hope it will happen doesnt mean it will happen. :)

Wild Falcon
06-09-10, 12:00
I think rental will remain very firm for HDB and mass market. HDB and mass market already has one of the best rental yields. So, no one is desperate to sell. In fact, my tenants now seem nore desperate than me - keeps SMSing me to renew his contract! I was previously intending to sell after hungry ghost, now shall keep my option open. One thing is for sure. I'm not going to lower my ask price. At worst, just continue to rent :)

I am pretty sure nobody would be sure how it will pan out.

Personnally, I think the rental have a chance of going up while the tranx fall. This is because FTs who are priced out of the market would turn to renting rather than buying.

devilplate
06-09-10, 12:14
I think rental will remain very firm for HDB and mass market. HDB and mass market already has one of the best rental yields. So, no one is desperate to sell. In fact, my tenants now seem nore desperate than me - keeps SMSing me to renew his contract! I was previously intending to sell after hungry ghost, now shall keep my option open. One thing is for sure. I'm not going to lower my ask price. At worst, just continue to rent :)

just be a happy landlord:cheers1:

make them pay for ur mortgage:D

gohsoonk
06-09-10, 13:04
Definitely. With the new rules, it will discourage owners (those who own HDB and private) from selling their HDB.

06-09-10, 13:19
But don't u think with the new rules and the upcoming supply, capital gains from HDB would be capped. Rental shd still be ok. :confused:

Definitely. With the new rules, it will discourage owners (those who own HDB and private) from selling their HDB.

SRM
06-09-10, 13:26
Nah..The upcoming supply is new HDB which will be mainly for Singaporean first timers. This will still have a lockin of 5 years after occupation.
After 5 years, SG population will increase and will have more FTs.
The current HDB owners wont sell their units as they know that it will not be easy to own one again. Capital gains will not be capped in my opinion.

But don't u think with the new rules and the upcoming supply, capital gains from HDB would be capped. Rental shd still be ok. :confused:

gohsoonk
07-09-10, 09:47
You are right that owners won't sell their units as they will never be able to own it again.

However, capital gains will be capped or prices of HDB might go down in my opinion.

First, supply is huge for the next two years.
Second, the segment (private property) paying for COV has been removed. Third, the PRs have their wings clipped as quite a significant amount has property overseas.

Nah..The upcoming supply is new HDB which will be mainly for Singaporean first timers. This will still have a lockin of 5 years after occupation.
After 5 years, SG population will increase and will have more FTs.
The current HDB owners wont sell their units as they know that it will not be easy to own one again. Capital gains will not be capped in my opinion.

cashrich
07-09-10, 09:54
You are right that owners won't sell their units as they will never be able to own it again.

However, capital gains will be capped or prices of HDB might go down in my opinion.

Second, the segment (private property) paying for COV has been removed. Third, the PRs have their wings clipped as quite a significant amount has property overseas.

PRs will be invited to be Citizens..

Owners won't sell because it has became a prize possesion. Most would pay off HDB and stay in private in future. HDB rented to Foreign talents and PR's.

PRs demand for resale HDB has been shifted to demand for mass market - entry level condo or rental. That's about it.

PR now play mass market condo

Citizen now play new HDB but they will probably get a 4 room flat where they can pay off earlier and start playing in private. Some may prefer 5 rooms nevertheless. Right sizing and right timing.

SRM
07-09-10, 11:54
Good spot bro, specially on PRs holding property overseas. Wonder how the govt can track and verify this :confused: .

sleek
07-09-10, 12:41
Think our garmen already got double-taxation treaty with a lot of countries, so don't think its that difficult for them to check if the PRs are paying property taxes or equivalent overseas. :scared-1:

Good spot bro, specially on PRs holding property overseas. Wonder how the govt can track and verify this :confused: .

McKinnon
07-09-10, 15:25
shanel got new 3br in premium blk 51 stack 3.

asking 950k, i tink gonna be snapped up soon. :D

East Lover
07-09-10, 15:33
shanel got new 3br in premium blk 51 stack 3.

asking 950k, i tink gonna be snapped up soon. :D
sounds reasonable, comparing another one asking 1.08mil :)

McKinnon
07-09-10, 15:46
another tropica crown jewel on the market :)

sounds reasonable, comparing another one asking 1.08mil :)

SRM
07-09-10, 15:49
another tropica crown jewel on the market :)

Wow!! We will be having new neighbours....:cool:

McKinnon
07-09-10, 15:51
yay! hope it's sold to nice buyer.

i byo so long for stack 3 never appear.

Wow!! We will be having new neighbours....:cool:

SRM
08-09-10, 10:03
Yes Bro. I agree too. Block 51 Stack 3 and that too high floor is quite difficult to get. The unit is priced right too.
Will be sold up very fast.:)

yay! hope it's sold to nice buyer.

i byo so long for stack 3 never appear.

East Lover
08-09-10, 14:01
lunch time we talked about the new condo next to Tropica. Surprisedly, many ppl are eyeing at this project, and majority are expecting at $800psf.
haha, if $800psf, our dear McKinnon sure grab one. so do I? ;)

McKinnon
08-09-10, 15:05
sister, i dun print $ like you lei.

800psf, i can afford a 600sqft studio nia.

lunch time we talked about the new condo next to Tropica. Surprisedly, many ppl are eyeing at this project, and majority are expecting at $800psf.

East Lover
08-09-10, 15:32
sister, i dun print $ like you lei.

800psf, i can afford a 600sqft studio nia.
老大,别太谦虚嘛:spliff:

hycondo
08-09-10, 19:06
I am not surprised that Sim Lian wil price their psf low enough to entice buyers to grab the good units to recover the cost.
Being a contractor themselves, they are able to offer that. I believe that is their strategy. It can judged from their last few projects such as Clover By The Park in Bishan. However, they do not spend much in advertising as I notice and also they do not seemed to go into price war with thier competitors. Just my observation on this developer. I believe they will do the same for project....

McKinnon
09-09-10, 06:09
pwah NV residences sold 80% at 830psf after new rules kick in.

mass market demand solid! hope waterview is priced at this band.

I am not surprised that Sim Lian wil price their psf low enough to entice buyers to grab the good units to recover the cost.
Being a contractor themselves, they are able to offer that. I believe that is their strategy. It can judged from their last few projects such as Clover By The Park in Bishan. However, they do not spend much in advertising as I notice and also they do not seemed to go into price war with thier competitors. Just my observation on this developer. I believe they will do the same for project....

kEN9170
09-09-10, 08:36
The unit size there are fairly small and that keeps the total price affordable. Buyers nowsaday only consider the total price quantum of the unit, not the psf price.

My guess for Waterview will have more compact units to make total quantum affordable. Easy to sell.

pwah NV residences sold 80% at 830psf after new rules kick in.

mass market demand solid! hope waterview is priced at this band.

McKinnon
09-09-10, 08:40
Agree. We are moving to hk style rapidly. Tat was why my new purchase is big unit w no balcony or bay windows. Big units will be rare in the future.

The unit size there are fairly small and that keeps the total price affordable. Buyers nowsaday only consider the total price quantum of the unit, not the psf price.

My guess for Waterview will have more compact units to make total quantum affordable. Easy to sell.

East Lover
09-09-10, 09:06
Agree. We are moving to hk style rapidly. Tat was why my new purchase is big unit w no balcony or bay windows. Big units will be rare in the future.
I like balcony, but I hate bay windows. I guess the waterview will surely have balcony (from the layout of showflat). Really hope no more baywindows in any new project...

maybe can take a look for the NV resident tomorrow, PH mah...

McKinnon
09-09-10, 09:10
buy big sister, like ur current place. krkrkr.

I like balcony, but I hate bay windows. I guess the waterview will surely have balcony (from the layout of showflat). Really hope no more baywindows in any new project...

maybe can take a look for the NV resident tomorrow, PH mah...

East Lover
09-09-10, 09:35
hahaha, so I see u tomorrow at NV also???

East Lover
09-09-10, 10:56
the more you say like that, the more I 舍不得change new house leh... where got such big big unit without bay windows with reasonable price?

East Lover
11-09-10, 11:48
i visited NV already yesterday. Ai yoh, no balcony but planter, and worse.... bay windows every every everywhere!

2 bedder ttl price is abt $700K but hoh, super small, floor area <800 sqft, and psf is 950 -1000! 有没有搞错?!1000 psf in PASIR RIS!!!:scared-3: and all the 2 bedders almost sold out!

我是真的买不下。。。:scared-4:

McKinnon
11-09-10, 12:05
ya lo, how come cannot build new projects squarish without bay windows? :beats-me-man:

i visited NV already yesterday. Ai yoh, no balcony but planter, and worse.... bay windows every every everywhere!

2 bedder ttl price is abt $700K but hoh, super small, floor area <800 sqft, and psf is 950 -1000! 有没有搞错?!1000 psf in PASIR RIS!!!:scared-3: and all the 2 bedders almost sold out!

我是真的买不下。。。:scared-4:

gohsoonk
12-09-10, 22:25
Plus the fact that there is a round pillar in some of the stacks...strange

You can hide "treasures" behind the pillar...no way can see it...unless walk near it and look behind...

ya lo, how come cannot build new projects squarish without bay windows? :beats-me-man:

noblebaby
12-09-10, 22:28
later too squarish ppl complain look like HDB :ashamed1:

noblebaby
12-09-10, 22:29
coz of the rounded corner, 2 walls full windows, so need the pillar as support. but yalor, looks ugly. :banghead:

Plus the fact that there is a round pillar in some of the stacks...strange

You can hide "treasures" behind the pillar...no way can see it...unless walk near it and look behind...

East Lover
16-09-10, 10:35
2 bedder already above 700K liao!

57 Tampines Avenue 1 #05-04 $719 psf 990 sqft $712k total 30 Jul 10

McKinnon
16-09-10, 11:01
wait till uwc starts full operations come aug next year. ;)

http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/page.cfm?p=1382&eid=319

2 bedder already above 700K liao!

57 Tampines Avenue 1 #05-04 $719 psf 990 sqft $712k total 30 Jul 10

McKinnon
20-09-10, 06:43
blk 51 stack 3 unit sold. congrats to the lucky buyer :D

rental is strong as quite a few are looking for < 1km to st. hilda's.

East Lover
20-09-10, 09:18

at what price?

SRM
20-09-10, 09:45
Thats fantastic. A very lucky buyer indeed. :cool:

This is a clear indication that even if govt put additional measures to control the property market prices, genuine buyers will still buy.:)

East Lover
25-09-10, 23:39
property guru got several type A units! 1518 sqft unit very rare in market, how come suddenly got so many? possible same unit sold by many agent??? maybe that 15-02 unit? hehehe

East Lover
27-09-10, 09:31
property guru got several type A units! 1518 sqft unit very rare in market, how come suddenly got so many? possible same unit sold by many agent??? maybe that 15-02 unit? hehehe
i went to view already. not this unit, but also very high floor unit. the view is beautiful, all the 4 rooms got fantastic reservior view :)
but hoh, the afternoon sun very very strong! :scared-4: Agent very clever one, she turned on air con in all the rooms.

By the way, already got ppl offer 1.12mil! Tropica finally got unit to break the 1 mil threshold! :cheers1:

McKinnon
27-09-10, 15:31
blk 61 right? the west sun not too bad la.

i went to view already. not this unit, but also very high floor unit. the view is beautiful, all the 4 rooms got fantastic reservior view :)
but hoh, the afternoon sun very very strong! :scared-4: Agent very clever one, she turned on air con in all the rooms.

By the way, already got ppl offer 1.12mil! Tropica finally got unit to break the 1 mil threshold! :cheers1:

East Lover
27-09-10, 15:37
blk 61 right? the west sun not too bad la.
ai yoh, like that also not too bad hah? I can't enjoy the view from window leh, must see far far in the middle of room. and living hall, room1 and master bedroom all got afternoon sun, hit 1/3 of the room niah.

McKinnon
27-09-10, 16:15
that bad ah? sounds like the reservoir facing units along bedok reservoir road.

ai yoh, like that also not too bad hah? I can't enjoy the view from window leh, must see far far in the middle of room. and living hall, room1 and master bedroom all got afternoon sun, hit 1/3 of the room niah.

East Lover
27-09-10, 16:33
that bad ah? sounds like the reservoir facing units along bedok reservoir road.
hahaha :tongue3:

by the way, our car sent to workshop, so yesterday we took 518 to orchard, i got chance to observe the showflat from "highland", and guess what??? it seems NO baywindow at all! :cheers6:

And hoh, their windows also like Tropica, got 2 level one, and 3 pieces per room, don't have those full length type window...:cool:

one of the unit got a big green class facing the quarry park directly, i guess that will be balcony with quarry view (+ road noise from tampines ave 10). the size is pretty reasonable, not as huge as The Seaview, and not as small as Aquaris By Park, just nice!

hycondo
27-09-10, 19:58

by the way, our car sent to workshop, so yesterday we took 518 to orchard, i got chance to observe the showflat from "highland", and guess what??? it seems NO baywindow at all! :cheers6:

And hoh, their windows also like Tropica, got 2 level one, and 3 pieces per room, don't have those full length type window...:cool:

one of the unit got a big green class facing the quarry park directly, i guess that will be balcony with quarry view (+ road noise from tampines ave 10). the size is pretty reasonable, not as huge as The Seaview, and not as small as Aquaris By Park, just nice!
When is the launch? Q4 starts this weekend....

McKinnon
27-09-10, 20:15
pwah, i better save up quickly.

no wonder see you walk all the way from blk 57 to my blk, tot ur whole family take long walk for exercise.

East Lover
28-09-10, 09:28
pwah, i better save up quickly.

no wonder see you walk all the way from blk 57 to my blk, tot ur whole family take long walk for exercise.
yes, let's get ready for our 30% down payment! :ashamed1:

no, it's first time whole family take bus :), so I can share with you my 'first-hand' observation.... for exercise, we usually go from back door, go directly to reservior.

East Lover
04-10-10, 09:15

one of the unit got a big green glass facing the quarry park directly, i guess that will be balcony with quarry view (+ road noise from tampines ave 10). the size is pretty reasonable, not as huge as The Seaview, and not as small as Aquaris By Park, just nice!
correction: the big big green glass is not balcony... :tongue3: it's a meeting area to allow those potential buyer sit down to discuss with agents. when they see such beautiful quarry view, they will immediately sign the dotted line hehehe;)

04-10-10, 09:40
Hopefully it is not in the afternoon with the blazing sun and with the endless flow of traffic. Buyers might think twice.

correction: the big big green glass is not balcony... :tongue3: it's a meeting area to allow those potential buyer sit down to discuss with agents. when they see such beautiful quarry view, they will immediately sign the dotted line hehehe;)

East Lover
05-10-10, 14:38
Actually the best place to observe the showflat is the reservior car park!

we went to reservior exercise after dinner, after jogging, i noticed that all the rooms in the showflat are lighten up, but can't see the ID details. it looks very very nice from far far away... especially the highland in car park ;)

however it also seems the windows are much bigger than Tropica, one room I guess is Master Bed Room, got 2 set of windows, i wonder hot or not if half of the rooms are fully occupied by big big windows, if the unit hit by afternoon sun, that will be double heat leh...

McKinnon
05-10-10, 17:20
blk 55 1496sqft unit just sold 1.04mio.

tropica has crossed the 1mio mark, and after the cooling measures somemore! :)

East Lover
05-10-10, 17:43
blk 55 1496sqft unit just sold 1.04mio.

tropica has crossed the 1mio mark, and after the cooling measures somemore! :)
wow! don't know how much will the blk 61 1518 sqft unit be sold? agent said last offer is already 1.12mil liao.

Tropica is raising!

McKinnon
05-10-10, 17:48
aqbp patio unit just sold 1.08mio. all condos around reservoir are rising.

wow! don't know how much will the blk 61 1518 sqft unit be sold? agent said last offer is already 1.12mil liao.

Tropica is raising!

East Lover
05-10-10, 17:54
aqbp patio unit just sold 1.08mio. all condos around reservoir are rising.
ai yah, that means new condo next Tropica will be rising leh....

McKinnon
05-10-10, 17:57
we're hedged ma.. if i buy, i will wait until completion, sell 1 tropica buy 2 smaller waterview. heehee.

ai yah, that means new condo next Tropica will be rising leh....

East Lover
05-10-10, 18:13
we're hedged ma.. if i buy, i will wait until completion, sell 1 tropica buy 2 smaller waterview. heehee.
what if you can't find an ideal unit at T.O.P.?
what if Tropic price dropped after 3 years?:scared-3:

McKinnon
05-10-10, 21:24
krkrkr.. i prefer to see actual unit rather than visualize from brochure.

what if you can't find an ideal unit at T.O.P.?
what if Tropic price dropped after 3 years?:scared-3:

SRM
05-10-10, 22:41
Any idea when they will be launching.

krkrkr.. i prefer to see actual unit rather than visualize from brochure.

hycondo
06-10-10, 21:48
LandSale for EC at the Junction of Tampines Ave 8/Ave 1. How would it translate to the value of The Tropica Properties?

East Lover
07-10-10, 12:16
LandSale for EC at the Junction of Tampines Ave 8/Ave 1. How would it translate to the value of The Tropica Properties?
So is it near the petrol station? Good leh! So Tropica won't be so lonely any more! hopefully we can have mama shop, clinic on door step soon....

hycondo
07-10-10, 13:13
So is it near the petrol station? Good leh! So Tropica won't be so lonely any more! hopefully we can have mama shop, clinic on door step soon....
As appeared in the ST yesterday, it is behind Caltex. But it is for EC which will be enclosed. Therefore, if uv mama shop, cannot access to public.

McKinnon
15-10-10, 09:34
i received an agent call, waterview is launching next month, indicative price is 850-900psf. :eek:

Any idea when they will be launching.

SRM
15-10-10, 09:44
Wow. Thats quite high !!! The market is holding on strong.

i received an agent call, waterview is launching next month, indicative price is 850-900psf. :eek:

McKinnon
15-10-10, 09:52
bro, buy one if you're keen. with QE2 being injected, commods and hard assets will hedge against hyperinflation.

Wow. Thats quite high !!! The market is holding on strong.

spyro
15-10-10, 09:55

Any idea who's the marketing agent?

McKinnon
15-10-10, 10:16
should be orangeT ba.

Any idea who's the marketing agent?

mightyleftfoot
15-10-10, 10:56
flyers already at the doorstep.
Anytime soon...

SRM
15-10-10, 11:01
No bullet for this one :(. Hopefully I can settle my current house first and then save for Waterview.

bro, buy one if you're keen. with QE2 being injected, commods and hard assets will hedge against hyperinflation.

McKinnon
15-10-10, 11:15
can la, financial institutions should have bumper bonuses this year.

i have attached the hot money flow article for you. :D

Published October 15, 2010

Massive US$600b pouring into Asia: Goldman

By NEIL BEHRMANN
IN LONDON

GOLDMAN Sach's estimates that the 'wall of money' that is pouring into Asia is currently at an annual rate of almost US$600 billion or US$50 billion a month. Asia is receiving almost four-fifths of the inflows, estimates the investment bank, or annualised net inflows of around US$480 billion.

This is about 20 per cent higher than the massive inflows that occurred in 2007 and 2008, prior to the global credit crunch.

Goldman Sachs calculates that in the 15 months from April 2009 to June 2010, the annualised pace of foreign exchange interventions in emerging markets amounted to a whopping US$855 billion. Of this amount, emerging market trade inflows were US$280 billion.

The investment and hot money proportion of this inflow was US$575 billion and rising, month by month.

Global investors and companies fleeing from the US dollar on fears of quantitative easing, have been pouring money into euros, Swiss francs, sterling, gold, Singapore and Taiwan dollars, Korean won, gold, other commodities and shares.

In 2007, prior to the collapse of the global asset bubble and credit crunch late 2008, Asia received 61.3 per cent of the capital inflows which were then US$481 billion, calculates Goldman Sachs. Eastern Europe and Africa had inflows of 23.5 per cent of the total and Latin America, 15.2 per cent.

In the present financial flight from US monetary ease and the weak greenback, Asia has received the bulk of the flows. In the first six months of the year, calculates Goldman Sachs, global money pouring into Asia accounted for 78.5 per cent of the total, Latin America, 21 per cent and Eastern Europe and Africa only 0.5 per cent.

'The shift into Asia is broad-based and supports our bias for more Asian FX appreciation against the US dollar,' says Goldman Sachs.

Other Asian currency strategists, such as Brian Jackson of RBC Capital Markets and Morgan Stanley agree and current Asian currency favourites are the Korean won and Taiwan dollar.

The latest move of the Monetary Authority of Singapore surprised the market. The Singapore dollar shot up against the US dollar, European currencies and the yen, following the MAS's decision to widen its bands against a basket of currencies and allow the currency to appreciate.

The currency has since subsided slightly, but alongside the Hong Kong dollar, and Korean won, the Singapore dollar is the most liquid and growing in popularity. Since the MAS has been managing it shrewdly, the Singapore dollar is less volatile than the won.

The big question is how the battle of the yuan is going to get resolved. Mr Jackson, based in RBC's Hong Kong office, is expecting the US dollar to fall to around 6.2 yuan, a depreciation of around 7 per cent, while others expect depreciation of 2 per cent to 5 per cent.

The surge in other Asian currencies in recent months is thus discounting the expected appreciation of the yuan. The same applies to the euro, Swiss franc, sterling and gold.

The fear, however, is that Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, will cause a run out of the US dollar and the instability will ultimately bring about another global market crash with subsequent outflows from Asia.

Brendan Brown, London based head of economic research at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International, contends that the best solution to the crisis is for China to relax exchange controls and allow the yuan to float freely. Since China is a command economy, such a scenario is unlikely, but China could come out with an element of surprise, contends Mr Brown.

'Chinese corporations, individuals, banks and investment institutions would become totally unrestricted in their purchases of foreign assets, whether in the form of equities, bonds, or monetary instruments,' Mr Brown says.

'In taking such action Beijing would silence at one stroke the chorus of officials in US and Europe calling for a large appreciation of the yuan. The yuan would now be a market-determined currency and the exchange rate now set by the market would be whatever it would be.'

'Markets may now be underestimating the boldness of Beijing under huge international pressure just as they could be overestimating the boldness of the Federal Reserve, next month.'

No bullet for this one :(. Hopefully I can settle my current house first and then save for Waterview.

East Lover
15-10-10, 11:39
flyers already at the doorstep.
Anytime soon...
got flyers meh? how come i never seen any in my mailbox?
the showflat ID is working day and night, really can be ready anytime i think.

East Lover
15-10-10, 11:47
typical 3+1 study around 1350 will easily result 1.2mil!!!:scared-4:

McKinnon
15-10-10, 12:24
unlikely to be so big la..

the sweetspot is 1mil, so working backwards, a 3br will be around 1175sqft.

typical 3+1 study around 1350 will easily result 1.2mil!!!:scared-4:

East Lover
15-10-10, 14:05
unlikely to be so big la..

the sweetspot is 1mil, so working backwards, a 3br will be around 1175sqft.
since no more baywindows, 1175 sqft is actually as big as 1350 sqft in those new projects :tongue3:

East Lover
20-10-10, 09:42
since no more baywindows, 1175 sqft is actually as big as 1350 sqft in those new projects :tongue3:
agent said can view in couple of weeks!

hycondo
21-10-10, 10:13
agent said can view in couple of weeks!
Align with the start of the school holidays.....
So as to bring in the crowd.

East Lover
21-10-10, 10:55
Align with the start of the school holidays.....
So as to bring in the crowd.
聪明!
just hope the price don't jump too high. and i really hope they can have a nice landscape, better has a big big pool as Tropica :P

East Lover
21-10-10, 12:02
COPY FROM PRY GURU:

For Sale -New Launch @ Tampines Ave 1 (D18)

S$ 999,999 Negotiable | S$ 810.37 psf | 1,234 sqft (114.64 sqm) | 3 beds
S$ 1,190,000 Guide Price | S$ 793.33 psf | 1,500 sqft (139.35 sqm) | 4 beds

NEW Project Launching Soon @ Tampines Ave 1 Estimated Price Ranging from: $6xxK!

Total Number of Units: 696

Full Condominium Facilities with 50m lap pool.

Types of Layout
- 2 Bedroom
- 2+Study
- 3 Bedroom
- 3+ Study
- 4 Bedroom
- 4 Penthouse

Unobstructed scenic view - Panoramic View of Bedok Reservoir and the Quarry Park

FACILITIES
50m Lap Pool
Water Feature
Suntan Deck
Children's Play Area
Outdoor Fitness Deck
Viewing Deck
BBQ Pavilion
Jogging Track
Tennis Court
Water Feature Fitness Deck
Theme Garden

Clubhouse with:
Gym
Function Room
Changing and Shower Facilities
Sauna Room
Handicapped Toilet

Near Major Institutions
- Temasek Polytechnic
- United World College
- Singapore’s 4th University.
- St Hilda’s Primary & Secondary School
- Yu Neng Primary School
- Red Swastika
- Poi Ching Primary.

Close to shopping amenities
- Tampines One
- Tampines Mall
- Century Square
- Courts, Ikea and Giant.

Easy connectivity via
- Tampines MRT & Bus Interchange
- Bartley Viaduct
- PIE, TPE and the ECP.

Foreigners Eligible.

Prices are very attractive for a 99 years leasehold development in District 18.

hycondo
21-10-10, 12:50
Viewing Deck, Suntan Deck...something they could turn the negative points into their advantage. Hope they design it well...

devilplate
21-10-10, 12:53
if they priced at 800psf on average...shd receive gd response...since tropica is transacting at around 680psf....

so tropica prices will stay flat....only when this new launch price at 850psf upwards den will pull up tropica prices:2cents:

hycondo
21-10-10, 17:56
Another news that I read in the PropertyGuru is that this development consist of 12 point blocks, each level having 4 units.

SRM
22-10-10, 11:29
Wonder when they will TOP this project.

Another news that I read in the PropertyGuru is that this development consist of 12 point blocks, each level having 4 units.

hycondo
22-10-10, 12:28
Wonder when they will TOP this project.
Seems all infi points to 2016. One year before the opening of Downtown line 3.

SRM
22-10-10, 16:47
Wow. Thats a long way to go. :)

McKinnon
22-10-10, 21:20
wah piang 6 years? if i buy a tropica unit now at 900k, rent out at 3.5k for 6 years, i will get 252k rent for the same 30% downpayment i sink in.

dover parkview is renting at >$3.50 psf due to uwc dover, so a 1200 tropica unit may potentially fetch $4.2k. that's $302,400 during these 6 years. :eek:

McKinnon
22-10-10, 21:53
Bro SRM, your record has been broken.

block 51 high floor stack 6 sold 753psf. :D

SRM
23-10-10, 00:05
Fantastic!!! Congrats to the lucky owner. Its value for money..:D

Bro SRM, your record has been broken.

block 51 high floor stack 6 sold 753psf. :D

hycondo
24-10-10, 11:40
Usually the actual TOP is much faster than the official TOP. Take the case of their recent project, Clover By The Park, the official TOP stated sometime in Q4 2012 but the construction is almost complete and the TOP is likely to bring forward to probably Q3 2011. If I can recall properly, The Tropica TOP was also sped up by about a year ahead of schedule.

East Lover
25-10-10, 11:02
yesterday we went to reserviour jogging, and we saw a group of property agents stationed at car park to do road show for this waterview project! so aggregative. Is 800+ psf really that cheap meh

Yes, they said got 12 blocks, each block only 4 units, like HDB pointed unit :). all 4 bedder facing reservior, smallest unit is 2 bedder, no studio or 1 bedder hehe;)

hycondo
25-10-10, 12:18
yesterday we went to reserviour jogging, and we saw a group of property agents stationed at car park to do road show for this waterview project! so aggregative. Is 800+ psf really that cheap meh

Yes, they said got 12 blocks, each block only 4 units, like HDB pointed unit :). all 4 bedder facing reservior, smallest unit is 2 bedder, no studio or 1 bedder hehe;)
I guess may 1 or 2 blks of the 4 bedders would have the full reservoir view
Wonder how are they laying out the 12 blks. It will be a real challenge to we'll if some of the blocks are facing the quarry and near the junction.
Actually with this WaterView project, those living in the high floors of blk 63, 65 would be quieter than now...good for Tropica.
Not sure if they would retain the small little hill (behind blk 63) as their their "Theme Garden"...

East Lover
25-10-10, 13:48
Wonder how are they laying out the 12 blks. It will be a real challenge to we'll if some of the blocks are facing the quarry and near the junction.
Actually with this WaterView project, those living in the high floors of blk 63, 65 would be quieter than now...good for Tropica.
Not sure if they would retain the small little hill (behind blk 63) as their their "Theme Garden"...
agent said site map not ready yet. I'm also curious to know how to put 12 blocks into the same size of Tropica - we only have 7 blocks, and every unit have at least pool view or lake view.

Agreed. the road noice is no joke. but they have a side gate, can go to reservior directly. the bridge for Tropica is no hope liao1

By the way, agent said floor area for 4 bedders is only 1400 sqft! how to squize 4 bedrooms into 1400sqft? maybe no more junior suit, less one attached toilet...

McKinnon
25-10-10, 20:12
considering tropica blk 51 transacted at 753psf, 800+psf is very good price liao lo. sister you should nab 2 high floor full lake view units, and flip one to me at TOP. :D

hycondo
25-10-10, 21:05
agent said site map not ready yet. I'm also curious to know how to put 12 blocks into the same size of Tropica - we only have 7 blocks, and every unit have at least pool view or lake view.

Agreed. the road noice is no joke. but they have a side gate, can go to reservior directly. the bridge for Tropica is no hope liao1

By the way, agent said floor area for 4 bedders is only 1400 sqft! how to squize 4 bedrooms into 1400sqft? maybe no more junior suit, less one attached toilet...
Wonder if the entrance would be beside Tropica? Assuming half of the units owns cars. That's another 350 cars. Would the current already widened avenue 1 would be able to accommodate the addition traffic during peak hours when the WaterView project TOPed?

acewee
25-10-10, 21:53

May I ask how many units on one floor in Tropica? Just curious.

Without baywindows and planter should be ok for 1400sqft 4 bedders I think. I think additional toilet for junior master is a luxury that can compromise.

acewee
25-10-10, 22:03
Wonder if the entrance would be beside Tropica? Assuming half of the units owns cars. That's another 350 cars. Would the current already widened avenue 1 would be able to accommodate the addition traffic during peak hours when the WaterView project TOPed?

Similar to the car problem, I hope that most investors into the reservoir projects are not sold mainly on the UWC potential coz there are more and more units becoming available but one 1 UWC.

East Lover
26-10-10, 10:21
considering tropica blk 51 transacted at 753psf, 800+psf is very good price liao lo. sister you should nab 2 high floor full lake view units, and flip one to me at TOP. :D
bro, they got penthouse in waterview!! Wanna to combine all your so many units into 1 for your happy family? ;)

East Lover
26-10-10, 11:17
if main entrance on ave 10, will there be additional bus stop for waterview also?:cool:

East Lover
26-10-10, 11:19
how come no transaction found in URA for Sept? last time agent said got offer 1.14 for blk 61 #14, no update also...no sales at all in Tropica, especially on sept after PM Lee said to cool down:tongue3: ?

McKinnon
26-10-10, 11:55
caveats not out yet la.. 753psf just transacted nia.

i know a few confirmed sales starting mid sept, so factoring in 2 weeks option exercising and caveat lodgement, probably will see caveats mid nov?

how come no transaction found in URA for Sept? last time agent said got offer 1.14 for blk 61 #14, no update also...no sales at all in Tropica, especially on sept after PM Lee said to cool down:tongue3: ?

hycondo
26-10-10, 12:15
bro, they got penthouse in waterview!! Wanna to combine all your so many units into 1 for your happy family? ;)
With so many units, the monthly maintenance fee should be low. I heard the maintenance fee of Clover By The Park in Bishan is less than $200 for a 3bdr

East Lover
26-10-10, 12:37
With so many units, the monthly maintenance fee should be low. I heard the maintenance fee of Clover By The Park in Bishan is less than $200 for a 3bdr
last time we went to see the showflat, how come i remember the maintenance fee quite standard? not so low one.

but for this waterview, they have at least 150 units more than tropica, logically speaking, should be lower than ours bah...

not sure how much for penthouse, need to ask bro McKinnon hehehehe...

East Lover
26-10-10, 12:44
May I ask how many units on one floor in Tropica? Just curious.

depends. for blk 57, 61 and 55? we have 6 units per floor, but rest of blk only 2 unit per floor. total of 500+ units in Tropica.

Without baywindows and planter should be ok for 1400sqft 4 bedders I think. I think additional toilet for junior master is a luxury that can compromise.
sorry they have a reasonable big balcony.
Agreed. if without th luxury of attached toilet, 1400 sqft maybe just nice. i fact i feel my current 4 bedder has too many toilets, under utilization.

i may go for 3+study if such unit also have full lake view ;)

devilplate
26-10-10, 12:47
i may go for 3+study if such unit also have full lake view ;)

how much psf for let say 10th flr r u willing to pay?

East Lover
26-10-10, 13:14
how much psf for let say 10th flr r u willing to pay?
really depends on the unit layout, and entire project.

if the landscape not as nice as tropica, or too 小家子气, then i may not even want to buy...

but if layout very good in feng shui, also very optimized, no wasting area, then i think 850psf sounds reasonable :)

McKinnon
26-10-10, 19:42
haha, no thanks. i prefer multiple smaller units to 1 huge unit since own stay is opportunity cost to me.

East Lover
27-10-10, 09:52
wah piang 6 years? if i buy a tropica unit now at 900k, rent out at 3.5k for 6 years, i will get 252k rent for the same 30% downpayment i sink in.

dover parkview is renting at >$3.50 psf due to uwc dover, so a 1200 tropica unit may potentially fetch $4.2k. that's $302,400 during these 6 years. :eek:
how long can the property rising last? can hot money last for 5-6 years?
if waterview takes 5-6 years, property market will cool down before TOP. maybe we should sell Tropica now (sell high), and buy waterview later :)(buy low)

McKinnon
27-10-10, 10:12
that's a highly risky move to assume the market will drop.

if one is sure property will drop, then it's better to cash out of their hdbs than their condos.

how long can the property rising last? can hot money last for 5-6 years?
if waterview takes 5-6 years, property market will cool down before TOP. maybe we should sell Tropica now (sell high), and buy waterview later :)(buy low)

East Lover
27-10-10, 13:39
that's a highly risky move to assume the market will drop.

if one is sure property will drop, then it's better to cash out of their hdbs than their condos.
HDB will fetch much more higher return than condo, easily 5-6%. By the current policy the worst, once you cash out your HDB flat, you can't buy any more, unless you sell off your private property.

The increase range for HDB is only around 150K? so it will not drop much. but for prative property is different - it can rise to 900K+ for 3 bedder, can drop to 600K+ also.

devilplate
27-10-10, 14:30
HDB will fetch much more higher return than condo, easily 5-6%. By the current policy the worst, once you cash out your HDB flat, you can't buy any more, unless you sell off your private property.

The increase range for HDB is only around 150K? so it will not drop much. but for prative property is different - it can rise to 900K+ for 3 bedder, can drop to 600K+ also.

i kind of agree with u:D

during the darkest period 97 financial crisis, HDB prices only drop 20% whereas pte drop 40% on average:scared-1:

McKinnon
27-10-10, 16:14
i have frens who sold their only condo and rented, hoping for market to crash. however prices kept gg up and they bot at higher prices after paying so much rent.

rental yield will not matter since you will be staying in the hdb if you cash out of the condo.

from the recent measures, it's quite clear garmen is interested only in controlling hdb prices. so minimal upside left, in my opinion.

nobody knows for sure how the market will turn out, but personally i cannot see how condo prices can drop 40% now that we're gunning for 6.5mio population. but if it really does, i will be interested to hoot one marina bay residence unit then. :D

McKinnon
27-10-10, 16:21
i have frens who sold their only condo and rented, hoping for market to crash. however prices kept gg up and they bot at higher prices after paying so much rent.

rental yield will not matter since you will be staying in the hdb if you cash out of the condo.

from the recent measures, it's quite clear garmen is interested only in controlling hdb prices. so minimal upside left, in my opinion.

nobody knows for sure how the market will turn out, but personally i cannot see how condo prices can drop 40% now that we're gunning for 6.5mio population. but if it really does, i will be interested to hoot one marina bay residence unit then. :D

okko
28-10-10, 00:01

Just visited a friend staying @The Sail.... the project is really not worth the hype and the big $ for investors. Not sure about Marian Bay residence, but just look at the tall buildings surrounding it.....

okko
28-10-10, 00:09

would be really nice leh if this is the case, it is a nice spot for "theme garden".....

Actually, not very noisy for us staying in these blocks coz bedroom windows are not facing the high way (only maid's room and maids toilet).

Just sad to say good bye to the beautiful quarry view in near future when stepping out of the lift. But heard feng shui wise, it is good to have a taller building behind own building, so called "fronting water and with hills/buildings on the back"? so I guess, it is good after all.

proud owner
28-10-10, 00:14

been gunning for 6.5 mio since 2005 ... so its nothing new really

okko
28-10-10, 00:29
Bingo! I also have friends make the wrong flip-flop decision. Sold at the end of 2008 when the market just crashed, rent a place to stay hoping to buy back when price dips further. wait for a year or so, in the end bought back at beginning of this year... the rest is history. purchase price loss + rental loss, really painful.

But for those who are loaded and have holding power, the timing is not much of an issue.

proud owner
28-10-10, 00:34
Bingo! I also have friends make the wrong flip-flop decision. Sold at the end of 2008 when the market just crashed, rent a place to stay hoping to buy back when price dips further. wait for a year or so, in the end bought back at beginning of this year... the rest is history. purchase price loss + rental loss, really painful.

But for those who are loaded and have holding power, the timing is not much of an issue.

property game is for those who can afford MORE THAN 1 property ..

1 for own stay, the other (s) for 'playing' ...

never gamble with the only roof you have ..

McKinnon
28-10-10, 06:52
population during 97 financial crisis was 3.8mio, and took 10 years to grow to 4.5mio in 2007. 700k increase in 10 years, or roughly 70k per year.

now we're at 5.08mio, up by 580k in less than 3 years, after the ambitious target of 6.5mio was unveiled on Feb 2007, with 80k more slated to join us after 'stringent evaluation' next year.

it doesn't matter whether it's new or old. it's the rate of increase that matters. i prefer sg to be less crowded, but if the grand plan is to increase the density to achieve critical mass, we'll just have to live w it, and plan accordingly. :)

been gunning for 6.5 mio since 2005 ... so its nothing new really

okko
31-10-10, 12:09
Hi all, anyone has any update on Opennet with Tropica? how come I called on opennet and they said our project's installation has been completed in their email reply and I missed the free installation period some more, while I checked with the management office and THEIR WEBSITE, it says it is not yet started and pending management's approval to carry out??? :doh:

anyone has the so called terminal-box installed already? I need to get it done together with the reno leh.

SRM
31-10-10, 17:01
The Opennet installation is based on postal code. Some blocks in Tropica have the installation done while the others are in progress. I also missed the free installation period for my block and my reno almost over already.
Still in two minds whether to pay and go for it or delay the opennet installation as not sure of the reno damage due to this installation.

Hi all, anyone has any update on Opennet with Tropica? how come I called on opennet and they said our project's installation has been completed in their email reply and I missed the free installation period some more, while I checked with the management office and THEIR WEBSITE, it says it is not yet started and pending management's approval to carry out??? :doh:

anyone has the so called terminal-box installed already? I need to get it done together with the reno leh.

okko
31-10-10, 21:03
The Opennet installation is based on postal code. Some blocks in Tropica have the installation done while the others are in progress. I also missed the free installation period for my block and my reno almost over already.
Still in two minds whether to pay and go for it or delay the opennet installation as not sure of the reno damage due to this installation.

haiz.....thank you for sharing. if this is the case, need to pay to get it done as soon as possible before reno finishes... to minimize the possible damage... checked with my ID, saying the "damage" depends on where you want to install the box and how to wire....

But if you double check your postal code on the opennet website under "coverage check", you can see all Tropica blocks are tagged with red "coming soon" label, saying pending management's consensus... if what you said is true, then the info on its website is wrong in this case...

McKinnon
31-10-10, 21:33
i tink your id is same as bro srm's id.

i'm eagerly waiting for pixs of on stan's blog. :D

haiz.....thank you for sharing. if this is the case, need to pay to get it done as soon as possible before reno finishes... to minimize the possible damage... checked with my ID, saying the "damage" depends on where you want to install the box and how to wire....

But if you double check your postal code on the opennet website under "coverage check", you can see all Tropica blocks are tagged with red "coming soon" label, saying pending management's consensus... if what you said is true, then the info on its website is wrong in this case...

SRM
31-10-10, 23:03
Bro, did you reach out to Opennet already. When I called them, they mentioned minimum waiting time is 3 weeks.
They also mentioned that running the wiring through false wall or ceiling etc is not their responsibility. They just do the cabling with connectivity and casing.

Thinking of giving it a miss.

SRM
31-10-10, 23:07
:) Yes Bro. Some of my things still havent come yet. Will post the pics as soon as its done. Am excited to see the final result with everything in place ;).

Did you get the Opennet installed in your place. Any idea hows the damage like.

i tink your id is same as bro srm's id.

i'm eagerly waiting for pixs of on stan's blog. :D

Douk
31-10-10, 23:36
:) Yes Bro. Some of my things still havent come yet. Will post the pics as soon as its done. Am excited to see the final result with everything in place ;).

Did you get the Opennet installed in your place. Any idea hows the damage like.

Open net charges 200+ for the STD installation.

gohsoonk
01-11-10, 09:35
Give it a miss.

The installation approach is not viable for private properties.

We are paying for the service eventually and the installation makes the house ugly. This is lose lose for the owners.

A better approach needs to be thought of...

If I read correctly in a recent article, 9 out of 10 owners refused installation.

Bro, did you reach out to Opennet already. When I called them, they mentioned minimum waiting time is 3 weeks.
They also mentioned that running the wiring through false wall or ceiling etc is not their responsibility. They just do the cabling with connectivity and casing.

Thinking of giving it a miss.

SRM
01-11-10, 13:09
Thank you gohsoonk and Douk for your feedback. :)
No wonder I dont see much of this installation around.

Give it a miss.

The installation approach is not viable for private properties.

We are paying for the service eventually and the installation makes the house ugly. This is lose lose for the owners.

A better approach needs to be thought of...

If I read correctly in a recent article, 9 out of 10 owners refused installation.

okko
04-11-10, 09:41
Thank you gohsoonk and Douk for your feedback. :)
No wonder I dont see much of this installation around.

We also decide to hold in the end. As advised by the contractor, there is no way to wire via false ceiling coz the ceiling at our entrance area is lower than living/dinning/bedroom area. Therefore, there will be service bar exposed all the way if we chose to install. :doh:

East Lover
04-11-10, 09:48
We also decide to hold in the end. As advised by the contractor, there is no way to wire via false ceiling coz the ceiling at our entrance area is lower than living/dinning/bedroom area. Therefore, there will be service bar exposed all the way if we chose to install. :doh:
how is your reno? done by Stan also? :)

okko
04-11-10, 15:07
how is your reno? done by Stan also? :)

Yes, thanks for the recommendation. Both Stan and Lance are pretty helpful indeed. Today is the painting day actually. :cheers1:

mantrix
04-11-10, 16:24
Yes, thanks for the recommendation. Both Stan and Lance are pretty helpful indeed. Today is the painting day actually. :cheers1:

Hi, can share how much does it cost? I'm interested - can PM me?

okko
04-11-10, 17:08
Hi, can share how much does it cost? I'm interested - can PM me?

Sure, you can email [email protected] Their website: http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/

McKinnon
04-11-10, 17:20
pixs pixs pixs! :D

Sure, you can email [email protected] Their website: http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/

okko
08-11-10, 09:40
pixs pixs pixs! :D

Reno half way only, whole place still dusty and messy. I only have 3D pics in another PC.

Since we stay so near, feel free to pop by and also to catch my stunning quarry view for maybe the last chance before it is replaced by next door 大澡盆 (only I hope) :banghead:

McKinnon
08-11-10, 11:10
okok, bro SRM kindly invited us to visit last Sat.
His reno is super nice man!

:jaw-dropping:

Reno half way only, whole place still dusty and messy. I only have 3D pics in another PC.

Since we stay so near, feel free to pop by and also to catch my stunning quarry view for maybe the last chance before it is replaced by next door 大澡盆 (only I hope) :banghead:

SRM
08-11-10, 16:29
Thanks Bro. Waiting for the final few things to be done. Will post the pics as soon as its done.

cheers !!

okok, bro SRM kindly invited us to visit last Sat.
His reno is super nice man!

:jaw-dropping:

okko
09-11-10, 09:20
Thanks Bro. Waiting for the final few things to be done. Will post the pics as soon as its done.

cheers !!

Congrats Congrats! pixs! pixs! pixs! so that I can borrow some idea :D I bet the million dollar view is even more stunning! city view + quarry view + reservoir view. How rare!!

McKinnon
09-11-10, 09:37
bro SRM's at the centre of blk 51 is reservoir, pool and bikini views. :D

Congrats Congrats! pixs! pixs! pixs! so that I can borrow some idea :D I bet the million dollar view is even more stunning! city view + quarry view + reservoir view. How rare!!

okko
09-11-10, 10:31
bro SRM's at the centre of blk 51 is reservoir, pool and bikini views. :D

Hahahaha.. I see, I see, the chairman block. I thought his unit is blk 61.

McKinnon
19-11-10, 13:57
Any other Tropica owner bought Waterview in addition to sister EastLover?

I know of a few, but don't think they come to this forum.

Congrats to all who bought! :spliff::spliff::spliff: