PDA

View Full Version : Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Pages : 1 [2]

andy
21-09-09, 10:43
i dont see anywhere any unit going for $14XXpsf
andy, looks like you are referring to Park Infinia prices. Possible

i'm seeing R@E min asking price $1650psf
sigh

I really don't see the upside if one is buying at $1650 or more for a 2 years TOP condo. Rental is not great either at $4+psf.

I rather go for something in Balmoral at that price...more exclusive:cool:

dmonddd
21-09-09, 11:14
I really don't see the upside if one is buying at $1650 or more for a 2 years TOP condo. Rental is not great either at $4+psf.

I rather go for something in Balmoral at that price...more exclusive:cool:

for own stay. rental yield has never been great in comparison to same condos within asia.

can partly cover ok liao.

well, rent has to be compared during same period...$4++ at this point in time. peak, above $5++. HDB rent best yield based on return on capital.

....balmoral further from MRT. you can see a lot of tenants waving for cabs under hot sun along the road. sighted one unit in belmond green. look at the materials used in carpark.

R@E basement carpark has fans blowing.

balmoral doeesnt help in Primary 1 school registration.

dmonddd
21-09-09, 11:16
look @ the last few day's paper's man. You need to spend less time in this forum if you want to buy a good buy;-)

Residences @ Evelyn - Private Condo - Singapore Property
CONDO 2+ rms. Sale: $1.XXM listed on XX/09/2009. Facilities, Newton MRT, Balcony, Nice, 1+ yrs old. Built-in: 1109 sq.ft. $14XX.00 psf.

thanks. only buys Fri, sat papers.
oops this probably is the one with afternoon sun..anyway thanks andy

andy
21-09-09, 13:27
thanks. only buys Fri, sat papers.
oops this probably is the one with afternoon sun..anyway thanks andy

Are you agent for R@E?;)

dmonddd
21-09-09, 16:52
Are you agent for R@E?;)

if i m an agent for R@E, i wont be able to survive given low no. of transactions.
I'm looking for a condo around newton
lease is up soon

you sound like a property investor looking for good bargain.
if so, you and I have different parameters

andy
21-09-09, 17:27
if i m an agent for R@E, i wont be able to survive given low no. of transactions.
I'm looking for a condo around newton
lease is up soon

you sound like a property investor looking for good bargain.
if so, you and I have different parameters

Well looking at some of your comments the last 200 posts, it would appear you have much vested interest in only R@E and practically nothing else...

Hmmm...It's a tenant's market.... what's the hurry when you can rent R@E at $4psf which is only less than 1%-1.5% net return for the owner right now?;)

dmonddd
21-09-09, 19:10
Well looking at some of your comments the last 200 posts, it would appear you have much vested interest in only R@E and practically nothing else...

Hmmm...It's a tenant's market.... what's the hurry when you can rent R@E at $4psf which is only less than 1%-1.5% net return for the owner right now?;)

affordable in newton area with exclusivity
are you asian? if so, do you wish to rent or buy?
primary 1 school registration coming soon.

normally we see ppl calling grapes sour if they cant get it. instead they try to push for other projects, from bottom up. lol
preserverance.
next preferred - paterson residences. cldnt afford. nxt target

dmonddd
21-09-09, 19:17

you too have alot of interest in D11, esp novena projects from your posts.
trying to flock your units?

some investors go on herd mentality..some target for stable projects with little downside in event there's another downturn, some just take "gambling" position,

andy
21-09-09, 19:35
affordable in newton area with exclusivity
are you asian? if so, do you wish to rent or buy?
primary 1 school registration coming soon.

normally we see ppl calling grapes sour if they cant get it. instead they try to push for other projects, from bottom up. lol
preserverance.
next preferred - paterson residences. cldnt afford. nxt target

What has race got to do with rent or buy? Those who stay here long and who intend to stay would know what to do.

Smart parents often buy the smallest unit for registration. Smarter parents lease a unit. But nowadays proximity to schools (<1km) does not get you in my friend. All 50,000 parents has the same strategy and they all go for the same school. You may need another strategy.....

amk
21-09-09, 19:40
wow didn't know R@E is now asking for 1650psf.
Just 1y ago, when PI was TOPed, I was offered $1500 for a 3bd, 12 floor if I remember correctly. (The agent brought me from PI to R@E, saying this is a better deal)
At that time I thought I should wait, since $1500 looked like peak already.
The agent kept on telling me "Wingtai is going to launch that plot in front of R@E at $2000psf".

I think I miss the timing already. Will have to wait for next opportunity.

dmonddd
21-09-09, 19:58
What has race got to do with rent or buy? Those who stay here long and who intend to stay would know what to do.

Smart parents often buy the smallest unit for registration. Smarter parents lease a unit. But nowadays proximity to schools (<1km) does not get you in my friend. All 50,000 parents has the same strategy and they all go for the same school. You may need another strategy.....

see that you are not an asian to understand where i'm coming from.

and guess you dont read much
and your kids if you have have grown..

need not elaborate further as my views may not be common to you since we hv different parameters to consider. I've done my ground check and observations many times and other surrounding projects. Still prefer R@E

one family friend with primary education once told me - you guys read too much until your overanalysis paralyse your "decision making" ability...couldnt help laughing thinking of his comment.

dmonddd
21-09-09, 20:04
wow didn't know R@E is now asking for 1650psf.
Just 1y ago, when PI was TOPed, I was offered $1500 for a 3bd, 12 floor if I remember correctly. (The agent brought me from PI to R@E, saying this is a better deal)
At that time I thought I should wait, since $1500 looked like peak already.
The agent kept on telling me "Wingtai is going to launch that plot in front of R@E at $2000psf".

I think I miss the timing already. Will have to wait for next opportunity.

looking at both condos within their perimeters, R@E would be the preferred one.

DW
21-09-09, 20:21
I have never quite analyse the underlying numbers, transactions or the broad macro paramters of PI and R@E before. However, I have been to both, to view certain apartments.

Purely from my viewing experience, I prefer R@E better. Cannot explain why, just like R@E better. Maybe its the private lift, maybe its the way the whole condo site plan is set out or laid out... ... I also feel the workmanship of R@E seems to be better that PI.

I went to Caribbean before and found them quite ok (notwithstanding, its already 5 years old). When I looked at PI, I was rather surprised with their workmanship considering its the same developer (ok, it could be different contractors and I appreciate that).

Views anyone on KL's workmanship in general ?

looking at both condos within their perimeters, R@E would be the preferred one.

dmonddd
21-09-09, 20:22
But nowadays proximity to schools (<1km) does not get you in my friend. All 50,000 parents has the same strategy and they all go for the same school. You may need another strategy.....

at least if i'm asked by my kid down the road, i'm proud to say that I did my best, my son. Sigh, missing ingredient in SG.

instead of finding excuse as easy way out.
anyway, it's convenient to travel to work or shop. wht's the issue.

teddybear
21-09-09, 21:17
$4 psf is actually quite low if anybody is to pay $1650 psf for R@E since the gross rental yield is only 2.9%. There are other condos which can command much better rental yields than this (if anybody is buying for investment). If for own stay, there are also better choice with better exclusivity and landscaping than this. To me, R@E only scores a score of 7 (from 1-10, 10 being the best).

dmonddd
21-09-09, 21:22
$4 psf is actually quite low if anybody is to pay $1650 psf for R@E since the gross rental yield is only 2.9%. There are other condos which can command much better rental yields than this (if anybody is buying for investment). If for own stay, there are also better choice with better exclusivity and landscaping than this. To me, R@E only scores a score of 7 (from 1-10, 10 being the best).

HDB tiong bahru - 9.5
:spliff2:

dmonddd
21-09-09, 21:23

asians own...

andy
21-09-09, 21:45
see that you are not an asian to understand where i'm coming from.

and guess you dont read much
and your kids if you have have grown..

Sorry you guessed wrong but I don't hold it against anyone;)

BTW, you don't need to stay in a property to try to get your son into ACS. You just need to own it for a while. There is also one condo which is (<1km) from ACS(B), ACS(J) and SCGS. All these schools are hot cos they're affliated with the sec schools:cool:

teddybear
21-09-09, 21:55
HDB? No lah. HDB rental yield is high but price appreciation is low. I always buy for price appreciation (1st and foremost consideration) but top up with decent rental yield (secondary not so important, high rental yield is a bonus but not a must). :D

HDB tiong bahru - 9.5
:spliff2:

dmonddd
21-09-09, 22:01
Sorry you guessed wrong but I don't hold it against anyone;)

BTW, you don't need to stay in a property to try to get your son into ACS. You just need to own it for a while. There is also one condo which is (<1km) from ACS(B), ACS(J) and SCGS. All these schools are hot cos they're affliated with the sec schools:cool:

thanks but R@E is the one

dmonddd
21-09-09, 22:03
HDB? No lah. HDB rental yield is high but price appreciation is low. I always buy for price appreciation (1st and foremost consideration) but top up with decent rental yield (secondary not so important, high rental yield is a bonus but not a must). :D

i believe building your own hybrid condo is the best solution to get best of both worlds....

I think you need to swim deeper.

andy
21-09-09, 22:21
thanks but R@E is the one
Not for the 3 schools at the same time....

jasonlcl
21-09-09, 22:37

I quite like R@E but in term of layout, building design and finishes, I prefer newton one..but it is higher price too..hai..

dmonddd
21-09-09, 23:10
Not for the 3 schools at the same time....

scgs not on radar screen..some families may share same

jlrx
21-09-09, 23:21
Purely from my viewing experience, I prefer R@E better. Cannot explain why, just like R@E better. Maybe its the private lift, maybe its the way the whole condo site plan is set out or laid out... ... I also feel the workmanship of R@E seems to be better that PI.

Let me help you to explain why ...

1. This side of Newton Road is classier than the other side.

2. RE has fewer units and hence is more exclusive than PI.

2. Evelyn's facade looks like a classy hotel whereas PI looks like HDB blocks pasted with a coat of glass.

2. Caucasian names like "@Evelyn" sounds classier than Asian names like "@Wee Nam". Remember "Knight Frank Cheong Hock Chye"? Fortunately they renamed it "Knight Frank" and not "Knight Frank Bak Kut Teh". :scared-5:

dmonddd
21-09-09, 23:36
Let me help you to explain why ...

1. This side of Newton Road is classier than the other side.

2. RE has fewer units and hence is more exclusive than PI.

2. Evelyn's facade looks like a classy hotel whereas PI looks like HDB blocks pasted with a coat of glass.

2. Caucasian names like "@Evelyn" sounds classier than Asian names like "@Wee Nam". Remember "Knight Frank Cheong Hock Chye"? Fortunately they renamed it "Knight Frank" and not "Knight Frank Bak Kut Teh". :scared-5:

other thing i notice is the major diff between R@E's lift lobby versus PI's and others. but anyway, not many ppl have visited R@E, so they are commenting from the hip....

Newbie Homebuyer
22-09-09, 11:28
Read somewhere that R@E had glass panels falling off its building ... no one was hurt though. Any truth to it?

dmonddd
22-09-09, 11:53
Read somewhere that R@E had glass panels falling off its building ... no one was hurt though. Any truth to it?

that's the project in cairnhill...T** L***** by W*** T**

august
22-09-09, 14:17

that one is wingtai one, got court case

dmonddd
22-09-09, 15:16
that one is wingtai one, got court case

didnt know its public info now...otherwise not advisable to quote
thanks

duckweed
23-09-09, 08:44
that's the project in cairnhill...T** L***** by W*** T**
oh... i thought it's the one around draycott?

dmonddd
23-09-09, 09:03
oh... i thought it's the one around draycott?

high profile on this T** L*****, Cairnhill as it was out in media.
at the end of the day, developer is critical in ensuring top QC.

all know which developer doesnt emphasis on quality but owner is still one of top 3 richest. project still selling well. because the projects are targeted at mass market...who are HDB upgraders and ok to minimum std.

one friend once told me that by looking at the name and logo of the project, you can gauge the amount spent $$$ by developer and QC expected....lol

moneyspinner
23-09-09, 11:01
Why you guys do not consider VIVA if the asking prices of existing development are so unrealistic?

dmonddd
23-09-09, 12:18
Why you guys do not consider VIVA if the asking prices of existing development are so unrealistic?

why place money on "showroom" where what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG)? and it is a Novena project.

Such project may have "flippers"

if you note in their advertisements, there's always something linked to better districts....such as mins away from orchard...near to newton....close proximity to bukit timah road....

another soft turn will impact such projects big time...better buy in better existing projects where you can see the actual building plus developments surrounding the place.

dmonddd
23-09-09, 12:19
:2cents: comments

teddybear
23-09-09, 23:21
Looking at the site, floorplans, show-flats, and what fittings to be provided, I believe Viva is going to be great project in a great location (close to Novena MRT and 3 shopping malls and many eateries around). Having access to Thomson Road is better than Dunearn Road which is always jammed like hell during peak hours.
Another bug-bear about R@E other than nothing around it (no shopping malls and eateries close-by) is that it is not elderly friendly - need to climb many steps of stairs to go to tennis court and children playground. That means elderly or disabled or those with walking disability/difficulty cannot go to tennis court to watch a match of tennis or bring their grandchildren to the playground without having to battle the stairs up and down the slope. Walking to Newton MRT is also not a nice experience as having to walk under the Dunern flyover and walk over the smelly big lokang (misquitoes breeding ground? - the same lokang that extends to beside Park Infinia, Miro, and Rochelle@Newton). Try walking at night and you will know.
Furthermore, the interior of R@E is very inefficient. The 2 BRs of about 1100 sqft have very small living room and bedrooms. Imagine the Master bedroom is so small that if you put a king-size bed in there, you have very limited walking space! 3 BRs are as bad.

dmonddd
24-09-09, 00:46
blanks firing

dmonddd
24-09-09, 08:50
now i know who's the agent....

max i visited over the past 2 yrs = 7 existing projects,
new showrooms = nil.

Although it hardly happened in SG - developer abandoning project, i buy what i can see.

dmonddd
24-09-09, 09:04
when we first view R@E, trying to see how to fit a king size bed in the master....(HDB no problem lah). finally found the solution after one agent shared his view.

Creativity has to come in. sadly some lack that.

old project 1100 sqft is different on size from new project of same size.

gemstone
24-09-09, 22:41
hi dmonddd, seems to me that you have total information on R@E,
do you mind to share which is the best stack? and what are the bad points of R@E? :)

dmonddd
24-09-09, 23:25
do you mind to share which is the best stack? and what are the bad points of R@E? :)

suggest you view one unit first and come back to forum with with your views. but trying to view one is like waiting waiting
waiting....waiting....waiting.

i drove in once and realised the road humps within the compound were too high, compared to others.

qus
24-09-09, 23:42
Hi Dmonddd

When are going ever to buy? If you like it, just set a comfortable price you can offer and go for it.

You do not have to convince everyone that RE is better than PI cos property is a very personal and emotional choice. So there will always be differing views.

I viewed many units at RE and PI 2nd half of last year and 1Q09. For me, PI over RE, but that is just my own preference.

andy
25-09-09, 00:06
Hi Dmonddd

When are going ever to buy? If you like it, just set a comfortable price you can offer and go for it.

You do not have to convince everyone that RE is better than PI cos property is a very personal and emotional choice. So there will always be differing views.

I viewed many units at RE and PI 2nd half of last year and 1Q09. For me, PI over RE, but that is just my own preference.

If I wanted to buy a unit at R@E, I wouldn't be in this forum convincing everyone that R@E is the best, most exclusive condo in SG. Who knows if some of the readers are in fact owners and non-owners may also bid for the units that I want to buy after hearing all the positive arguments.

The net impact is to increase the asking price or at least convince the owners not to sell?

andy
25-09-09, 00:22
If I wanted to buy a unit at R@E, I wouldn't be in this forum convincing everyone that R@E is the best, most exclusive condo in SG. Who knows if some of the readers are in fact owners and non-owners may also bid for the units that I want to buy after hearing all the positive arguments.

The net impact is to increase the asking price or at least convince the owners not to sell?

But of course I may have already picked up a unit and is now waiting to flip?

dmonddd
25-09-09, 00:34
Hi Dmonddd

wait for the prices to come down.......
and owners to come to senses.

not convincing anyone here...sorry.

convincing my home minister and hearing views from others.
some who provide their views in this forum are obviously firing from their hips.....instead from their heads

try to filter blank comments form those valid and sensible ones.

dun have enuf cash to go for bigger units who are now for sale...
ain't like those who try to rub down projects for their own benefits.

retribution.......

dmonddd
25-09-09, 00:38

level playing field.
but dont forget the constraints on downpayment, financing margin, valuation, buyers profile, owners' holding power.....etc

it's a buyer market....owners still think its seller's market
myopia..desert

dmonddd
25-09-09, 00:39
But of course I may have already picked up a unit and is now waiting to flip?

you are probably one seasoned player based on your comments....watch the poor fellow buyers.

dmonddd
25-09-09, 00:44
I've viewed units in PI and R@E more than others
2-bedder only - max i can afford

unlike those who kept commenting on other projects..probably based on theory...without actual viewing.

hence it's best for one to view the project and post their sensible comments instead of passing general comments. like agents always say - no obligation

dmonddd
25-09-09, 01:20
one seasoned property player gave this advice and i always take that advice when viewing property esp. condo.

visualize the property condition 5, 10, 15 years down the road.
Condo maintenance is critical to preserving value.

some bigger projects may not reach there in SG - en bloc. Lol

teddybear
25-09-09, 23:08
Below are unrefutable facts about Residences@Evelyn. If R@E owners need to be creative in order to fit a king-size bed into the Master bedroom, then you can imagine how small the Master bedroom is and to think that the unit is about 1100 sqft (not those mickey mouse 800+ sqft 2BR units - but anyway there is not much difference from those since the Master bedroom is as small as those mickey mouse 2BR units while still paying 1100 sqft price vs 800 sqft price). Property buyers better keep their eyes wide wide and see clearly that the usable space is proportional to the unit size that they are paying for.:hell-hath-no-fury: No point paying for airs and un-usable spaces (unless you are so rich - but if you are so rich hor, better buy those condos with concierge service more high class and also close to Orchard MRT & high-class shopping malls like Ion). Another problem with R@E is that half of the units with better view are fully blasted with West sun (wasted) while those not having West sun are mostly blocked left, right, centre (no view) (or going to be blocked with Trilight & L'Viv coming up). If no view or full blasted West sun, better discount the price because don't think anybody will like these. E.g. Lincoln Residences selling so much cheaper than surrounding condos is because it is blocked left, right, centre (no view).

Looking at the site, floorplans, show-flats, and what fittings to be provided, I believe Viva is going to be great project in a great location (close to Novena MRT and 3 shopping malls and many eateries around). Having access to Thomson Road is better than Dunearn Road which is always jammed like hell during peak hours.
Another bug-bear about R@E other than nothing around it (no shopping malls and eateries close-by) is that it is not elderly friendly - need to climb many steps of stairs to go to tennis court and children playground. That means elderly or disabled or those with walking disability/difficulty cannot go to tennis court to watch a match of tennis or bring their grandchildren to the playground without having to battle the stairs up and down the slope. Walking to Newton MRT is also not a nice experience as having to walk under the Dunern flyover and walk over the smelly big lokang (misquitoes breeding ground? - the same lokang that extends to beside Park Infinia, Miro, and Rochelle@Newton). Try walking at night and you will know.
Furthermore, the interior of R@E is very inefficient. The 2 BRs of about 1100 sqft have very small living room and bedrooms. Imagine the Master bedroom is so small that if you put a king-size bed in there, you have very limited walking space! 3 BRs are as bad.

richie$$$
25-09-09, 23:40
Below are unrefutable facts about Residences@Evelyn. If R@E owners need to be creative in order to fit a king-size bed into the Master bedroom, then you can imagine how small the Master bedroom is and to think that the unit is about 1100 sqft (not those mickey mouse 800+ sqft 2BR units - but anyway there is not much difference from those since the Master bedroom is as small as those mickey mouse 2BR units while still paying 1100 sqft price vs 800 sqft price). Property buyers better keep their eyes wide wide and see clearly that the usable space is proportional to the unit size that they are paying for.:hell-hath-no-fury: No point paying for airs and un-usable spaces (unless you are so rich - but if you are so rich hor, better buy those condos with concierge service more high class and also close to Orchard MRT & high-class shopping malls like Ion). Another problem with R@E is that half of the units with better view are fully blasted with West sun (wasted) while those not having West sun are mostly blocked left, right, centre (no view) (or going to be blocked with Trilight & L'Viv coming up). If no view or full blasted West sun, better discount the price because don't think anybody will like these. E.g. Lincoln Residences selling so much cheaper than surrounding condos is because it is blocked left, right, centre (no view).

wow u know the project very well.
so if R@E same price with lincoln u buy Lincoln?
funny if so. u sound like agent.

teddybear
25-09-09, 23:57
Why Lincoln? There are better choices out there around that area.

wow u know the project very well.
so if R@E same price with lincoln u buy Lincoln?
funny if so. u sound like agent.

richie$$$
26-09-09, 00:42
Why Lincoln? There are better choices out there around that area.
like?
newton1 trilight newtoneuroasia amaryville, hamilton also cannot buy.
all same area

teddybear
26-09-09, 01:12
Park Infinia, Viva, Strata, Thomson Euro-Asia, Novena Suites. :cheers1:(All nearby Novena MRT station and the 3 "prestigeous" and "important" shopping malls that even "prestigeous" "Newton" condos have to highlight them in their location map). :D

like?
newton1 trilight newtoneuroasia amaryville, hamilton also cannot buy.
all same area

richie$$$
26-09-09, 01:20
Park Infinia, Viva, Strata, Thomson Euro-Asia, Novena Suites. :cheers1:(All nearby Novena MRT station and the 3 "prestigeous" and "important" shopping malls that even "prestigeous" "Newton" condos have to highlight them in their location map). :D

if same price wth newton condos, better 2 buy condos in Novena.
huh? funny.
u look fm 1 angle only. thks 4 d advice.
but no logic.

teddybear
26-09-09, 01:26
Fine for me. To each his own. My logic from the fact of conveniency and also glimmed from the developers highlighting Novena MRT station and its surrounding 3 shopping malls in their location map and drawing them to appear so close to the condos they are selling despite saying that their "prestigeous" condo is near Newton MRT station. :banghead:

if same price wth newton condos, better 2 buy condos in Novena.
huh? funny.
u look fm 1 angle only. thks 4 d advice.
but no logic.

richie$$$
26-09-09, 01:32
Fine for me. To each his own. My logic from the fact of conveniency and also glimmed from the developers highlighting Novena MRT station and its surrounding 3 shopping malls in their location map and drawing them to appear so close to the condos they are selling despite saying that their "prestigeous" condo is near Newton MRT station. :banghead:
i dun sleep in shopping mall. shopping at ntuc giant or carrefour.
no cinema le. no car le..so bus n mrt imprtant
same price newton novena - u tell buy novena becos convenient shopping mall. auntie also laugh. so near hospital. 1 agent do bkt timah area tell me fengshui nt gd novena.

teddybear
26-09-09, 01:38
Near hospital no good fengshui? Then by same analogy, Newton & Bukit Timah also very bad, near so many Churches & temples - all ghosts pass by got scared and run into the nearby condo units to hide? Even worse than being near hospital. :tongue3:
Come on, who to bluff here? Tell me about fengshui? Being near and facing directly is a different story altogether.:hell-hath-no-fury:

i dun sleep in shopping mall. shopping at ntuc giant or carrefour.
no cinema le. no car le..so bus n mrt imprtant
same price newton novena - u tell buy novena becos convenient shopping mall. auntie also laugh. so near hospital. 1 agent do bkt timah area tell me fengshui nt gd novena.

richie$$$
26-09-09, 01:41
Near hospital no good fengshui? Then Newton & Bukit Timah also very bad, near so many Churches & temples - all ghosts pass by got scared and run into the nearby condo units to hide? Even worse than being near hospital. :tongue3:

u r very young 2 make such comments.
lol. how many units u hv in hand? pm me.
i c 1st novena condos. let other half c also

richie$$$
26-09-09, 01:43
ghosts nt scared. more scared of sick ppl.
anyway i c novena condos 1st
btw everywhere also got churches

teddybear
26-09-09, 01:47
Based on your analogy, Cairnhill also lots of sick people - Places like Richmond Park should sell at <$1k psf because of being close to Mt Elizabeth Hospital and surrounded by many sick people, as such those buying at >$2k psf currently and before must all be goodu and idiot? :scared-1:

ghosts nt scared. more scared of sick ppl.
anyway i c novena condos 1st
btw everywhere also got churches

andy
26-09-09, 15:43

Stack 1 seems like the only stack without noon sun and possibly some views since it overlooks the low rise in Buckley road.

However 3BR master BR seems a little small

Don't know why there is a column in the master BR in some units.

richie$$$
26-09-09, 15:54
Stack 1 seems like the only stack without noon sun and possibly some views since it overlooks the low rise in Buckley road.

thks

funny u view but no ask why column there...
units in low or high flr with column?

agent told me master bathroom very nice n big..toilet impt
original bathroom like hotel. no nd reno unlike other projects.

tmw view 1 unit

dmonddd
26-09-09, 16:03
forum of higer end projects is an excellent place for agents with units in lower end projects to push their sales

that's the challenge to be able to filter such noises.

dmonddd
26-09-09, 16:07
Based on your analogy, Cairnhill also lots of sick people - Places like Richmond Park should sell at <$1k psf because of being close to Mt Elizabeth Hospital and surrounded by many sick people, as such those buying at >$2k psf currently and before must all be goodu and idiot? :scared-1:

Comparing apple n orange?

check prices of condos ard hospital and those away from hospital with same characteristics within ORCHARD. there should be price difference

andy
26-09-09, 17:46

tmw view 1 unit
Yes big bathroom is nice but you don't want to have bathroom as big as the master bedroom:)

richie$$$
26-09-09, 18:31
Yes big bathroom is nice but you don't want to have bathroom as big as the master bedroom:)

is it as big as master Bedroom?
agent told me bathroom only bigger than master bathrooms in other projects. i'm big size so move ard difficult

ang moh if look at small bathroom in master bedroom how to rent. no rental potential

which stack u see? agent tell me got private lift?
if i ask u whether u buy R@E if same price with novena condos? ur answer = no, rite?

richie$$$
26-09-09, 18:33
forum of higer end projects is an excellent place for agents with units in lower end projects to push their sales

dmonddd, now i understd wht u said earlier.

teddybear
26-09-09, 19:35
What is considered apple and what is orange?
Richmond Park is only about 100m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital. Last transacted price for a 2nd level unit is $2473 psf and this condo is already 13 years old.
Suites@Central even closer to Somerset MRT station, last transacted price of a 33th level unit is $2101 psf and this condo is less than 1 year old.
Wah, older and lower floor unit and nearer hospital and even though further away from Somerset MRT station beats the new one very high floor unit and nearer Somerset MRT station and further away from hospital (but still close enough) hands down! :cheers1:
Oh by the way, Somerset MRT is definitely more 'prestigious' than 'Newton' MRT. :p

Comparing apple n orange?

check prices of condos ard hospital and those away from hospital with same characteristics within ORCHARD. there should be price difference

andy
26-09-09, 19:40
if i ask u whether u buy R@E if same price with novena condos? ur answer = no, rite?

It's up to your needs. There is no right or wrong answer.

For investment I would buy new. For own stay R@E may be one possibility, not the only one to consider.

But it seems like your mind is made up. Not sure why you are here;)

teddybear
26-09-09, 19:40
Is this a forum for high-end project? I am very sure Residences@Evelyn is not considered a high-end project - the most a mid-tier condo project. High-end projects are now selling at >$2000+ psf and usually located around Ochard MRT station and Somerset MRT station.

dmonddd
26-09-09, 19:49
What is considered apple and what is orange?
Richmond Park is only about 100m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital. Last transacted price for a 2nd level unit is $2473 psf and this condo is already 13 years old.
Suites@Central even closer to Somerset MRT station, last transacted price of a 33th level unit is $2101 psf and this condo is less than 1 year old.
Wah, older and lower floor unit and nearer hospital and even though further away from Somerset MRT station beats the new one very high floor unit and nearer Somerset MRT station and further away from hospital (but still close enough) hands down! :cheers1:
Oh by the way, Somerset MRT is definitely more 'prestigious' than 'Newton' MRT. :p

somerset condo compared with orchard condo? orange apple?
looks like my English is not queen's english.
you cant even understand. make mor sense to compare similar condos within Orchard with same age - one near to hospital and one further away from hospital

you must had bad life experience in Newton. badly burnt $$$
sorry for bringing back your painful memories.

dmonddd
26-09-09, 19:56
Is this a forum for high-end project? I am very sure Residences@Evelyn is not considered a high-end project - the most a mid-tier condo project. High-end projects are now selling at >$2000+ psf and usually located around Ochard MRT station and Somerset MRT station.

Just a quote. Everyone has his/her agenda. Your is definitely not here but in novena.

Somerset is a station away from orchard. but because it's right next door to orchard, it should commands a higher price. rationale comment and not refuting. but next thing I hear from you is PI will be better priced than somerset condos in future. lmao

teddybear
26-09-09, 20:06
Up to you to twist and turn as long as you don't put your words into my mouth. I rest my case. :doh:
Too much stake in R@E is it? If so, a mistake is a mistake. :banghead: Move on.
PI definitely can be better than R@E but not Suites@Central or Richmond Park lah. :p

Just a quote. Everyone has his/her agenda. Your is definitely not here but in novena.

Somerset is a station away from orchard. but because it's right next door to orchard, it should commands a higher price. rationale comment and not refuting. but next thing I hear from you is PI will be better priced than somerset condos in future. lmao

richie$$$
26-09-09, 20:08
But it seems like your mind is made up. Not sure why you are here;)
i m viewing 1. Gathering info fm others
but u look lke dun like tis project. i confuse why r u here.
same wth teddy. who also dont like dis project. dmonddd n teddy comments very interesting. can c who knows stuff n who blabbers

u comment earlier abt schools, tht smart parents rent nearby condos to get in. is it allowed by MOE/schools, meh?

wht if some1 challenge those cant get but stay nearby? if i stay nearby n son cant get in, i complain n check ballot to c who rent 1. why near school is kid can spend less time travel. ppl forget

dmonddd
26-09-09, 20:17
Up to you to twist and turn as long as you don't put your words into my mouth. I rest my case. :doh:
Too much stake in R@E is it? If so, a mistake is a mistake. :banghead: Move on.

I wish i have a lotof stake in R@E or newton condos. Sadly not. You can see prices of scotts highpark. One cant imagine its price given the location and the surroundings.

What I'm quoting and have been quoting is not to mislead others. Things are discussed in forums based on facts. Question will be asked on why prices of one project is lower than the other despite being in same location or other location. Certain ppl have agenda of depriving others of owning a condo - e.g. say good about one project and herd mentaility kicks in and prices go up.

It doesnt make cow sense if Balestier condo price in general is higher than Novena. My guess is you will agree based on our discussions. Chrs and be sensible

teddybear
26-09-09, 20:21
Trying to warn people don't get conned to pay 'prestigious' price for condo like R@E only but probably some people already committed and can't get out, too painful to accept?

You are telling me that Richmond Park and Suites@Central 1 in Somerset and the other in Orchard is it? Strange strange. Let's compare:
Richmond Park - about 100m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital, about 600m from Somerset MRT station, 13 years old.
Suites@Central - about 200m from Somerset MRT station, about 700m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital, less than 1 year old.
Why the 2 not comparable in terms of location?

somerset condo compared with orchard condo? orange apple?
looks like my English is not queen's english.
you cant even understand. make mor sense to compare similar condos within Orchard with same age - one near to hospital and one further away from hospital

you must had bad life experience in Newton. badly burnt $$$
sorry for bringing back your painful memories.

andy
26-09-09, 20:28
i m viewing 1. Gathering info fm others
but u look lke dun like tis project. i confuse why r u here.
same wth teddy. who also dont like dis project. dmonddd n teddy comments very interesting. can c who knows stuff n who blabbers

u comment earlier abt schools, tht smart parents rent nearby condos to get in. is it allowed by MOE/schools, meh?

wht if some1 challenge those cant get but stay nearby? if i stay nearby n son cant get in, i complain n check ballot to c who rent 1. why near school is kid can spend less time travel. ppl forget

I'm here cos I'm interested to invest in developments in this area, not specific projects. Some people are here to defend the project they have already bought.:2cents: You need to figure out who is who;)

Why don't you say upfront you want to buy a place to get your son in ACS. But of course you can rent. You need to move in before the registration starts that is, your IC has the stated address. No one will challenge you. Also you think ACS very good school meh?

gemstone
26-09-09, 22:35

I have not viewed this stack before, but i do have similar view that this could be one of the good stack with little afternoon sun. How about the amount of morning sun?

Wondering whether units in this stack 1 are too close with neighbouring Setia, and the upcoming Trilight?, need privacy. I saw some pictures in the internet, from bedroom can see Setia, but not sure is it from stack 1,2 or 7..

maybe Richie may like to share his views after viewing.:)

gemstone
26-09-09, 22:41
thks

funny u view but no ask why column there...
units in low or high flr with column?

tmw view 1 unit

the master bathroom is modern 'open concept', the glass replace the conventional wall. I just wish to share a little bad experience here about this glass bathroom... beware of water seepage, damaging to the parquet:eek:

richie$$$
27-09-09, 12:09
the master bathroom is modern 'open concept', the glass replace the conventional wall. I just wish to share a little bad experience here about this glass bathroom... beware of water seepage, damaging to the parquet:eek:

i c a unit at high flr. gemstone is wrong unless u fill bathroom wth water till ceiling height. Glass separating bedroom n bathrm gt tiles meh. how 2 seep? Aiyah I c all in this forum talk but dont c much in details. .

Open concept nice. plenty lighting
very comfortable bathroom. master bedroom very classy wth window sitting area. gd materials, marble, wardrobe system, solid door used. High celing close to 11ft even after plaster. Very clean compound. I c lift lobby cleaner thn some ppl living rm. Living n dining plenty sunlight. Private lift area can do nicely. Agent tell some put chandelier n no need press button wth access card.

Pricey. Nice n classy project but not same class wth Orchard. I c a lot of ang mohs in and out. agent tell very gd on rent. Steady rent more impt. I c few more projects be4 decide.

gemstone
27-09-09, 17:23
i c a unit at high flr. gemstone is wrong unless u fill bathroom wth water till ceiling height. Glass separating bedroom n bathrm gt tiles meh. how 2 seep? Aiyah I c all in this forum talk but dont c much in details. .

I am not referring to R@E in my experience but another project with similar kind of glass open concept master bath.

actually I have no idea how the seepage happen, it just happen. after bath, saw a small patch of water on the exterior just outside the glass part, submit for defects rectification, the contractor came up and re-seal the edges of the glass. The parquet around the seepage is damage by the water.

andy
27-09-09, 17:27
I have not viewed this stack before, but i do have similar view that this could be one of the good stack with little afternoon sun. How about the amount of morning sun?

Wondering whether units in this stack 1 are too close with neighbouring Setia, and the upcoming Trilight?, need privacy. I saw some pictures in the internet, from bedroom can see Setia, but not sure is it from stack 1,2 or 7..

The BRs and Balcony faces East & NE. Hence plenty of sun. Most impt no noon sun, otherwise the baywindows will make it an oven.

Stack 1 BR can see Setia but it overlook's Setia's pool:) Trilight far far away.

richie$$$
28-09-09, 21:07
askd agent maintenance fee ard $270. nt 2 expensive.

dmonddd
28-09-09, 21:09

Open concept nice. plenty lighting
very comfortable bathroom. master bedroom very classy wth window sitting area. gd materials, marble, wardrobe system, solid door used. High celing close to 11ft even after plaster. Very clean compound. I c lift lobby cleaner thn some ppl living rm. Living n dining plenty sunlight. Private lift area can do nicely. Agent tell some put chandelier n no need press button wth access card.

Pricey. Nice n classy project but not same class wth Orchard. I c a lot of ang mohs in and out. agent tell very gd on rent. Steady rent more impt. I c few more projects be4 decide.

hi richie$$$ can u pm agent no

richie$$$
28-09-09, 21:11
hi richie$$$ can u pm agent no
U look paper/call ard. i know u also looking. sorry

dmonddd
28-09-09, 21:16
U look paper/call ard. i know u also looking. sorry

PM me on the unit no separately. You have yet to decide and still looking at new projects around Novena. And it is better to have friends than foes in order not to push up the prices and be played by agents.

dmonddd
28-09-09, 21:56
You are telling me that Richmond Park and Suites@Central 1 in Somerset and the other in Orchard is it? Strange strange. Let's compare:
Richmond Park - about 100m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital, about 600m from Somerset MRT station, 13 years old.
Suites@Central - about 200m from Somerset MRT station, about 700m from Mt Elizabeth Hospital, less than 1 year old.
Why the 2 not comparable in terms of location?

Some people have to understand what to analyse when you come to such situation. Good luck. I dont think I want to educate others.

It's also good to have such people around as the market will be imperfect for others to capitalise on. And they don't see other markets beyond SG which show similar characteristics. Thank you to such people

richie$$$
29-09-09, 21:06
PM me on the unit no separately. You have yet to decide and still looking at new projects around Novena. And it is better to have friends than foes in order not to push up the prices and be played by agents.

can but u nd 2 share wht units u hv seen. u dun alot of homework i c. OK?

dmonddd
30-09-09, 23:32
can but u nd 2 share wht units u hv seen. u dun alot of homework i c. OK?

Hello Richie$$$. This morning I PM you the units I've seen earlier. I'm still awaiting your agent contact and unit no. Please reply

Reporter
29-10-09, 14:04
http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Newton One apartment hits $1,676 psf
The Edge
Monday, 26 October 2009

There was a flurry of activity in the Newton Road area, with five transactions of between $1,100 and $1,676 psf carried out from Sept 25 to Oct 2, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. The highest psf transacted price for that week was seen at a 1,216 sq ft, 10th-floor apartment at Newton One — it was sold for $2.038 million or $1,676 psf. Another transaction that took place in the same tower was for a 21st-floor, 1,808 sq ft apartment that changed hands for $3.028 million ($1,675 psf).

Newton One, a 91-unit freehold luxury condominium project by Lippo Group, received its TOP just a few months ago. It was launched in mid- 2006 at $1,200 to $1,250 psf, which was considered a new price benchmark in the Newton area at a time when most developments there were fetching around $1,000 psf.

The two sellers at Newton One must be pretty pleased with their sale. The owner of the two-bedroom 1216 sqft apartment on the 10th floor purchased it from the developer in July 2006 for $1.36 million, or $1,122 psf. He enjoyed a 49% price appreciation from the transaction.

Meanwhile, the owner of the three-bedroom 1,808 sq ft apartment on the 21st floor who sold the unit at $1,675 psf, purchased it in a sub-sale in May 2007 for $2.72 million ($1,504 psf). The previous owner had purchased the unit during its launch in July 2006 for $2.235 million or $1,236 psf.

These transactions show that prices at Newton One are back to the boom levels seen two years ago. The highest price achieved in the project was when a 23rd-storey, 1,916 sq ft apartment changed hands in a sub-sale at $2,000 psf, or a quantum price of $3.832 million, in December 2007.

Owners at Newton One are probably benchmarking their asking prices to new launches in the neighbourhood. Right next door is Ho Bee Group’s Trilight, which started its private preview on Oct 9. To date, of the 60 units released, 51 have been sold at an average price of $1,650 psf. The 205-unit condo is expected to be completed in 2012.

Meanwhile, further down the road, joint-venture partners Koh Brothers, Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and Lian Beng Group previewed Lincoln Suites last Thursday. Fifty-six units will be released in the first phase, with prices starting from $1,680 psf. The project will contain a mix of units ranging from studio and one-bedroom apartments to duplexes and penthouses.

Older developments in the vicinity, however, have not quite crossed the $1,600 psf level. Just a few doors from Newton One is Newton Euro Asia, a freehold condo by Euro-Asia Realty completed in 2004. A 1184 sqft apartment on the 12th floor changed hands at $1.48 million ($1,250 psf) in a resale. The seller had bought the unit in June for $1.28 million ($1,081 psf), hence flipping the property for a 16% gain in just four months.

Across the road is Newton 18, an 81-unit freehold luxury condo project by Wing Tai Holdings completed five years ago. The most recent caveat showed that an apartment on the 28th floor of the 30-storey condo was sold for $1.38 million, or $1,491 psf. The highest transacted price psf in the development was for an 807 sq ft, ninth-floor apartment — it was sold for $1.32 million, or $1,635 sq ft, in November 2007.

Wing Tai’s other project (next door to Newton 18) is the 99-year leasehold, 311-unit Amaryllis Ville, which was also completed five years ago. The most recent transaction in the development was for a fifth-floor unit that was sold for $1.36 million or $1,100 psf. The previous owner had purchased the 1,238 sq ft two-bedroom apartment in March 2007 for $1.28 million ($1,030 psf).

So, it looks like the new high-end developments in the Newton area are testing new price levels. Residences@Evelyn, a freehold luxury 208-unit l condo located on the quiet and exclusive Evelyn Road, just off Newton Road, saw a 28th-floor apartment in one of the twin towers changing hands at $1.88 million or $1,650 psf. The 1,141 sq ft apartment was first bought in October 2006 for $1.45 million or $1,280 psf. But, Newton One, being the newest condo on the block, is able to command a slight premium for now.

richie$$$
30-10-09, 07:34
http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Newton One apartment hits $1,676 psf
The Edge
Monday, 26 October 2009

So, it looks like the new high-end developments in the Newton area are testing new price levels. Residences@Evelyn, a freehold luxury 208-unit l condo located on the quiet and exclusive Evelyn Road, just off Newton Road, saw a 28th-floor apartment in one of the twin towers changing hands at $1.88 million or $1,650 psf. The 1,141 sq ft apartment was first bought in October 2006 for $1.45 million or $1,280 psf

for R@E, this must be d block 15 not hvg city view. i heard frm agent tht some bought at abv $2,200 psf n advised me still got room 2 go higher n mkt still going wth steam. after hk, singapore mkt next target

andy
30-10-09, 09:25
for R@E, this must be d block 15 not hvg city view. i heard frm agent tht some bought at abv $2,200 psf n advised me still got room 2 go higher n mkt still going wth steam. after hk, singapore mkt next target

Haha. Which idiot would buy R@E at 2,200? At this level so many choices better........

bargain hunter
30-10-09, 10:09
yeah, even the VIDA on sale at below 2100psf is a better buy if that's the case.

Haha. Which idiot would buy R@E at 2,200? At this level so many choices better........

teddybear
30-10-09, 11:37
The agent advised you to buy or sell (if you had already bought)? :cheers1:

richie$$$
30-10-09, 23:07
The agent advised you to buy or sell (if you had already bought)? :cheers1:
buy lah...if not i dun talk in tis forum. not like u. always poke ur nose here there. but no add value.
price then when scotts >2500psf. R@E at 2200psf. need 2 check URA. talk only no facts nt gd.

teddybear
30-10-09, 23:29
R@E got $2200 psf mah? Better check & confirm first lah, Don't mislead people... :p

buy lah...if not i dun talk in tis forum. not like u. always poke ur nose here there. but no add value.
price then when scotts >2500psf. R@E at 2200psf. need 2 check URA. talk only no facts nt gd.

andy
30-10-09, 23:39

Think agent got confused R@E for highest in Newton/Novena which is now Lincoln Suites at 2200psf.

Highly unlikely ppl pay $600psf difference for the same project within a month.:scared-1:

richie$$$
31-10-09, 10:20
Think agent got confused R@E for highest in Newton/Novena which is now Lincoln Suites at 2200psf.

Highly unlikely ppl pay $600psf difference for the same project within a month.:scared-1:
hello....agent said 2200psf back then.
now c mini mouse comments on new projects. somemore wait 2 yrs. 2 yrs many things can happen 2 a project n surroundings, economy.
buy wht u c.

andy, u also talk only, want 2 sell ur unit but keep increasing price. we buyers how 2 f@$% can buy
teddy sure property agent novena area. complaint abt other projects. v state facts lah.

richie$$$
31-10-09, 10:26
R@E got $2200 psf mah? Better check & confirm first lah, Don't mislead people... :p
hello..read la.my english not gd but i said gotta check with ura on what agent said. agent tell me dun trust other agents. how 2 trust propoerty agents. if boyfriend/girlfriend property agent, dun know which time tell truth.

i read u keep pushing novena area. u must b agent/flipper 4 new project in tht area. so wht u said i think not much value add. n u dun contribute much.

dmonddd
31-10-09, 16:39
hello..read la.my english not gd but i said gotta check with ura on what agent said. agent tell me dun trust other agents. how 2 trust propoerty agents. if boyfriend/girlfriend property agent, dun know which time tell truth.

i read u keep pushing novena area. u must b agent/flipper 4 new project in tht area. so wht u said i think not much value add. n u dun contribute much.

i'm renting a 2-bedder pending completion of purchase. great maintenance I must say. response time is fast on maintenance works. neighbours are friendly. car park plenty of space. even the lift lobby at car park basement is airconditioned. nice pool and bbq area. sweeping so often till hardly see a piece of thrash.

on the hindsight if continue to listen to others/hear other comments, prices would have gone so high till I cant afford. commments are free

if compare sizes of R@E and 1 to 2 years old project in newton against new project launches, i go for R@E or 1 to 2 years old project instead of those mickey mouse projects.

at the end of the day, you need to stay to be able to comment

richie$$$
31-10-09, 17:16
i'm renting a 2-bedder pending completion of purchase. great maintenance I must say. response time is fast on maintenance works. neighbours are friendly. car park plenty of space. even the lift lobby at car park basement is airconditioned. nice pool and bbq area. sweeping so often till hardly see a piece of thrash.

on the hindsight if continue to listen to others/hear other comments, prices would have gone so high till I cant afford. commments are free

if compare sizes of R@E and 1 to 2 years old project in newton against new project launches, i go for R@E or 1 to 2 years old project instead of those mickey mouse projects.

at the end of the day, you need to stay to be able to comment
how u manage d space? Smaller than out of city condos.

dmonddd
31-10-09, 17:21
how u manage d space? Smaller than out of city condos.
You must be comparing prime projects with those in east coast, upper bukit timah where more spacious. You can't

here you need a lot of creativity and use of wall and platform area. It is more challenging to make this 2-bedder very comfortable and can be done. Have engaged an Interior designer on the stand by once purchase complete. Anyway moving around is excellent.

A station away from orchard and a walk no more than 500m to MRT. cab fare also cheaper since closer to town after drinking sessions.

august
31-10-09, 19:38
how much is the mthly maintenance?

teddybear
31-10-09, 22:08
Why you say I keep pushing Novena area? I also said Orchard is the best, even better Novena, so why you didn't say I keep pushing Orchard? Selective memory or???

On the other hand, I also said many of the condos in the Newton area on the other side of the Newton Circus separated by the Dunearn flyover are all over-rated and over-priced. These are even lousier than many of the so-called Novena condos. I already provided facts. Up to now, nobody is able to refute the facts I mentioned. Because of this, so some of these people with personal self-interests resorting to personal attack on others and trying to discredit them is it? The best way to discredit the facts other people brought up is to provide facts, not personal attacks. People will digest the facts and see for themselves. If you had bought such over-priced and over-rated properties, good luck to you. However, no way you can bully others into saying that the crap you buy is good. :tongue3:

That Newton area is really crap because of that Newton Circus. Just today again, I were caught in a bloody traffic jam when trying to pass by Newton Circus (and it is not even peak hours). The bloody Newton Circus area is always so unpredictable, you won't know when there will be bloody bad traffic jam. It can be from Dunearn Road side or it can be from Scotts Road side or it can be from Newton Road side (or sometimes all roads at same time). Always happen especially I am already running late and least expect this bloody traffic jam there because it is not even peak hours and they don't always occur with frequency (which then I can predict and give allowance for time needed to travel). Anyway, I will be moving out of somewhere there and hopefully I will avoid this Newton Circus once and for all.

richie$$$
31-10-09, 22:33
so cant buy orchard n somerset also jam? wht logic?
Why you say I keep pushing Novena area? I also said Orchard is the best, even better Novena, so why you didn't say I keep pushing Orchard? Selective memory or???

On the other hand, I also said many of the condos in the Newton area on the other side of the Newton Circus separated by the Dunearn flyover are all over-rated and over-priced. These are even lousier than many of the so-called Novena condos. I already provided facts. Up to now, nobody is able to refute the facts I mentioned. Because of this, so some of these people with personal self-interests resorting to personal attack on others and trying to discredit them is it? The best way to discredit the facts other people brought up is to provide facts, not personal attacks. People will digest the facts and see for themselves. If you had bought such over-priced and over-rated properties, good luck to you. However, no way you can bully others into saying that the crap you buy is good. :tongue3:

That Newton area is really crap because of that Newton Circus. Just today again, I were caught in a bloody traffic jam when trying to pass by Newton Circus (and it is not even peak hours). The bloody Newton Circus area is always so unpredictable, you won't know when there will be bloody bad traffic jam. It can be from Dunearn Road side or it can be from Scotts Road side or it can be from Newton Road side (or sometimes all roads at same time). Always happen especially I am already running late and least expect this bloody traffic jam there because it is not even peak hours and they don't always occur with frequency (which then I can predict and give allowance for time needed to travel). Anyway, I will be moving out of somewhere there and hopefully I will avoid this Newton Circus once and for all.

teddybear
31-10-09, 22:43
Logic is: If compare Newton vs Novena, buy Novena (because both are in same class & just within walking distance!).
Compare to Orchard, well, up to individuals (as Newton & Novena are not comparable to Orchard in terms of class).

so cant buy orchard n somerset also jam? wht logic?

andy
31-10-09, 22:52

Got a good deal what psf did you pay?

First time staying in condo in this area?

dmonddd
02-11-09, 10:36
how much is the mthly maintenance?
management/sinking fund -= $282 per mth for 1033 sqft

pweesng
02-11-09, 15:36
management/sinking fund -= $282 per mth for 1033 sqft

IMHO 1033 sqft is not small... it is really all the space a couple would need and be comfortable...

A little creativity will make 1033 sqft nice and comfy...

I used to stay in a 4000 sqft house with my wife, and we suffer in terms of cleaning... we find 3/4 of the space unused and just collecting dust...

after that, i know, all the space i need is between 900 sqft and 1200 sqft... anything more, is really a waste, and anything less... wow.. need to be very creative in space usage.

Good choice on R@E. I just wish i bought earlier too..

dmonddd
05-11-09, 08:47
IMHO 1033 sqft is not small... it is really all the space a couple would need and be comfortable...

A little creativity will make 1033 sqft nice and comfy...

I used to stay in a 4000 sqft house with my wife, and we suffer in terms of cleaning... we find 3/4 of the space unused and just collecting dust...

after that, i know, all the space i need is between 900 sqft and 1200 sqft... anything more, is really a waste, and anything less... wow.. need to be very creative in space usage.

Good choice on R@E. I just wish i bought earlier too..

Yes you are absolutely right. young couple, and even retirees.
but some locals may not like this project as they feel uncomfortable with foreigners around. For me I'm used to such environment.

Over the weekend, my Interior designer mentioned of high ceiling advantage and creativity use of walls. He's also making use of the glass panes and abundant sunlight shinning through. In master bedroom, he's making use of the platform for the bed. still brainstorming.

Earlier comments of small master bedroom in R@E no longer hold true comparatively against the new mickey mouse projects which are even smaller in size. For those who wants larger master bedroom comparatively to hunt for 20-30 yr old project which has unit 1200 sq ft in size but equate to a 1500sqft nowadays

teddybear
05-11-09, 09:12
Not so exaggerating lah. Don't need to find 20-30 years old condo to get large space. Any condo launched before 2003 are usually much more space-efficient and with no creative accounting of stated "SQ FT" in size (using planters, bay windows etc) as compared to those launched after.

How can you compare the Master bedroom size of a 1033 sqft unit to that of a 500 sqft unit when you pay for 1033 sqft while others pay for 500 sqft?

To me, it is very simple: If I pay 1033 sqft, I expect the Master bedroom to be of a size proportional to the 1033 sqft. I have seen many many condos in CCR region of about 1100 sqft and their Master bedroom can fit a KING size bedroom and still with a lot of extra space around for a computer table, ward-robe etc. Typically, to be comfortable, a 2BRs or 3BRs Master bedroom should have at least 10 sqm of usable rectangular area (exclude bay windows, built-in ward-robes, & walk-in alley (if any)). In such case, there is no need to specially custom-made a bed to sit on the bay window just so that there is enough walking space around in the bedroom. Having to do so is pathetic and I don't understand why property buyers want to accept such crap from developers.

Yes you are absolutely right. young couple, and even retirees.
but some locals may not like this project as they feel uncomfortable with foreigners around. For me I'm used to such environment.

Over the weekend, my Interior designer mentioned of high ceiling advantage and creativity use of walls. He's also making use of the glass panes and abundant sunlight shinning through. In master bedroom, he's making use of the platform for the bed. still brainstorming.

Earlier comments of small master bedroom in R@E no longer hold true comparatively against the new mickey mouse projects which are even smaller in size. For those who wants larger master bedroom comparatively to hunt for 20-30 yr old project which has unit 1200 sq ft in size but equate to a 1500sqft nowadays

dmonddd
05-11-09, 11:05
Another point is the master bathroom which is very comfortable. That will sacrifice the bedroom space.

the con about this project to some, is the open concept bathroom. my home minister had the glasses covered up/with the shower curtain.

But some prefer it to remain open - spice up relationship. This was the biggest challenge for me to convince home minister to buy into this project.

I hope forums here is to value add in a factual and sensible manner based on what you see. Wants versus needs.

It is a no-brainer for those to raise 1001 issues in a project. Even a 100-yr old grand pa can do better but at a slower pace. probably an agenda to downplay the project and buy into it.

I bought late into this project. the price i paid would be better if not because of my initial RESISTANCE of the project and seeing only negative comments in this forum. the last agent enlightened me. Seen one unit since last yr but only bought into it a year later. sigh....

dmonddd
05-11-09, 11:08
if we wish for a project that meets our specs/requirements 100%, then it is best to build our own.

even a person has shortcomings but we see the acceptance level to decide.

andy
05-11-09, 11:50
I bought late into this project. the price i paid would be better if not because of my initial RESISTANCE of the project and seeing only negative comments in this forum. the last agent enlightened me. Seen one unit since last yr but only bought into it a year later. sigh....

Good on you. Rents also pretty good according to the recent caveats.

If you have bot under $1650psf I feel it still a relatively good deal. I looked at a #14 unit two years back and it was already asking $14xx at that time.

If I had to choose around this area, I would go for this project versus Trilight or Lviv or N1 with the exception of Setia.

teddybear
05-11-09, 12:27
I have provided all the facts and dislikes about this project and hence I have zero interest in it. It is a crap project in terms of interior where a buyer pays 1033 sqft of space but only gets about like 800 sqft of usable space. The exterior also have short-comings. Facts are facts. Preferences or likes & dislikes are another story. It is up to the individual to decide for themselves and not to blame others for their follies whether they have bought or not bought. :hell-hath-no-fury:

For those who have bought, they can just ignore the facts regarding what I have raised here or they can provide facts to prove me wrong. To start pointing fingers that others have hidden agenda etc goes to shows what kind of person whoever that is. :doh:

For those who have not bought, I believe your eyes and brains are sharp enough to interpret for yourselves. To buy or not is a personal choice. I didn't tell you to buy or not to buy. I just laid out the facts & my preferences.

Another point is the master bathroom which is very comfortable. That will sacrifice the bedroom space.

the con about this project to some, is the open concept bathroom. my home minister had the glasses covered up/with the shower curtain.

But some prefer it to remain open - spice up relationship. This was the biggest challenge for me to convince home minister to buy into this project.

I hope forums here is to value add in a factual and sensible manner based on what you see. Wants versus needs.

It is a no-brainer for those to raise 1001 issues in a project. Even a 100-yr old grand pa can do better but at a slower pace. probably an agenda to downplay the project and buy into it.

bargain hunter
29-12-09, 13:44
15 Evelyn Road #10-04
Freehold
$1550
$1768k
08 Sep 09

15 Evelyn Road #14-04
Freehold
$1402
$1600k
08 Dec 09

A bargain?

teddybear
29-12-09, 13:58
Like what I said, may be people are starting to wake up to the facts about this estate? Stack 04 will be blocked by Trilight that is coming up, and who knows, there may be free 'arrows' coming directly in front. Anybody particular about feng shui probably would probably want to sell at any price?

15 Evelyn Road #10-04
Freehold
$1550
$1768k
08 Sep 09

15 Evelyn Road #14-04
Freehold
$1402
$1600k
08 Dec 09

A bargain?

ekl2ekl2
29-12-09, 15:52
Like what I said, may be people are starting to wake up to the facts about this estate? Stack 04 will be blocked by Trilight that is coming up, and who knows, there may be free 'arrows' coming directly in front. Anybody particular about feng shui probably would probably want to sell at any price?

Stack 4 is not facing Trilight. Previous threads mentioned that Stack 4 was one of the first to be sold out during the launch. It faces the landed houses and unblocked, and arguably has the best facing in terms of unblocked views.

teddybear
29-12-09, 16:42
Ops, I made a mistake. Wah, that is even worse. Res@Evelyn so bad mah unless best stack selling at such price?

Stack 4 is not facing Trilight. Previous threads mentioned that Stack 4 was one of the first to be sold out during the launch. It faces the landed houses and unblocked, and arguably has the best facing in terms of unblocked views.

Reporter
29-12-09, 17:12
15 Evelyn Road #10-04
Freehold
$1550
$1768k
08 Sep 09

15 Evelyn Road #14-04
Freehold
$1402
$1600k
08 Dec 09

A bargain?
#14-04, only got 2 4s, you want meh?

I thought you will only buy #14-44 (3 4s) or #44-44 (4 4s)?

For you, the more 4, the better. Cheap cheap mah!

Luckily I ain't you!

ekl2ekl2
29-12-09, 17:22
Ops, I made a mistake. Wah, that is even worse. Res@Evelyn so bad mah unless best stack selling at such price?

I think those low and mid units that directly face Trilight are probably going at around 13++ pfs

ekl2ekl2
29-12-09, 17:34

Transactions in Nov for one of the 2 room stacks that face trilight.

#13-05 $1443pfs
#10-05 $1308pfs

bargain hunter
29-12-09, 22:11
I wish you well for your unit and this is what you respond. :mad: Too much!

#14-04, only got 2 4s, you want meh?

I thought you will only buy #14-44 (3 4s) or #44-44 (4 4s)?

For you, the more 4, the better. Cheap cheap mah!

Luckily I ain't you!

dmonddd
30-12-09, 15:51
wht's the level the one sold for > $1700psf

andy
30-12-09, 16:05
wht's the level the one sold for > $1700psf

#30-04
Think he overpaid since 14-04 only $1400psf
Did you buy the above?

dmonddd
30-12-09, 22:10
#30-04
Think he overpaid since 14-04 only $1400psf
Did you buy the above?

demand versus supply
nobody knows the future price. most impt for condos = maintenance
if ppl paying for >$1200psf for condos outside D9, 10,11 what's the logic?
check out other countries. some just cant accept the facts or choose to ignore so that they can come back....they missed the boat or ship. anyway property mkt is cyclical. wait for the next cycle 5-10 yrs

dmonddd
30-12-09, 23:36
renewed interest in forum after dead silence in Oct.....why vultures or crocs out there? lmao. but good to know that the forum has those few contributors

dmonddd
31-12-09, 22:31
hk puzzled me with all those condos built next to each other within few meters but the prices are ridiculous. why?

i was asking one friend if the locals are the ones who own the prime district condos in HK and willing to pay the price. My friend mentioned that the super rich are the ones who became even richer. those locals who stayed and watched on sideline and commented negatively, suffered and lost their life savings. they thought negative comments will provide them with opportunities but they were dead wrong as the market collapsed even beyond their purchase prices. i used to be one. but realised that singapore will run out of space with increasing PRs and new citizens

teddybear
01-01-10, 10:17
With govts all over the world ever ready to print money, better to hold physical hard assets than hold the paper money. :D

hk puzzled me with all those condos built next to each other within few meters but the prices are ridiculous. why?

i was asking one friend if the locals are the ones who own the prime district condos in HK and willing to pay the price. My friend mentioned that the super rich are the ones who became even richer. those locals who stayed and watched on sideline and commented negatively, suffered and lost their life savings. they thought negative comments will provide them with opportunities but they were dead wrong as the market collapsed even beyond their purchase prices. i used to be one. but realised that singapore will run out of space with increasing PRs and new citizens

Laguna
01-01-10, 18:29

yes, one unit at Kowloon, harbour front, 50+ storey, was just done at HK$22,000 or S$6,000,000 for a 1300+ sqft with efficient index of about 80% and 50 years lease. Properties in Sg is still very cheap in the eyes of many foreigners.

dmonddd
02-01-10, 10:53
yes, one unit at Kowloon, harbour front, 50+ storey, was just done at HK$22,000 or S$6,000,000 for a 1300+ sqft with efficient index of about 80% and 50 years lease. Properties in Sg is still very cheap in the eyes of many foreigners.
And overall the condo surroundings are more pleasant versus hk. Town planning well thot of. Currently far east super riches focus on hk but will move south.

dmonddd
17-02-10, 08:58
3 primary schools within 1km radius. that helps a lot.

dmonddd
10-09-10, 21:49
rental market is now stronger and shld trend up with PRs waiting on the sideline to see impact of new measures.

thinking of renting out unit

dmonddd
18-09-10, 13:21
prices of surrounding yet-to be completed projects are still high
like what the prop experts said -mid to high are still underpriced?

teddybear
09-11-10, 15:43
Location not so convenient (far from MRT station and not even walking distance to shopping malls), so prices start to lag behind other condo projects nearer to Novena MRT station with 4 shopping malls:

Address
Tenure
PSF
Area Sqft
Price
Contract Date
Residences@Evelyn:
15 Evelyn Road #12-xx
Freehold
$1592
$2450k
18 Oct 10
17 Evelyn Road #19-xx
Freehold
$1624
$1800k
06 Oct 10

Park Infinia:
6A Lincoln Road #22-xx
Freehold
$1837
$1641k
22 Oct 10
2A Lincoln Road #19-xx
Freehold
$1728
$1730k
21 Oct 10

dmonddd
09-11-10, 21:18
R@E still underpriced for the quality. Yet to move and not many units for sale
Save one's breath in pushing prices down. I must say ppl are impressed when they step into compound. Only issue is affordability.

teddybear
10-11-10, 12:09
What quality they give? E.g.: full Miele appliances or equivalent? AXOR thermostat raindance showers and taps or equivalent? TOTO Tornado flushback WCs or equivalent? Full facade to shelter your windows from rain splashing in and to shelter from the West sun? Have the MC remove the stair-case leading to the playground and tennis court? (Why must climb stairs hah?) If not, how to be impressed like that? :cheers1:

The person buying PI at $1730k is buying just because he cannot afford $1800k at R@E? :confused:

R@E still underpriced for the quality. Yet to move and not many units for sale
Save one's breath in pushing prices down. I must say ppl are impressed when they step into compound. Only issue is affordability.

amk
10-11-10, 12:39
I dun remember exactly the fittings at R@E. But the unit itself is indeed better than PI.
The only reason PI gets higher psf now is probably because of the convenience.

btw I dun really value the fittings *that* much, as long as it's not those noname ones. The quality of the unit itself is much more important.

Lord Anus
10-11-10, 12:57
having visited both, i feel that R@E feels more posh and the neighbourhood feels more upper class. that neighbourhood feels truly like a residential enclave. feels lower density. lots of green around there.

My feel at PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish.... the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate, albeit a privately owned and slightly more moneyed one.

another yardstick to judge by- the type of cars in the car parks. don't get me wrong, PI has expensive cars too, but not a high % of the total population of cars.

then again, it is just my feel. i could be very wrong.

teddybear
10-11-10, 13:17
My thought too that PI gets higher $psf now is because of being more convenience (read "location"!). Interior fittings not so important, but exterior fittings & facade very important because we can't change those! No exterior facade to shelter from rain and sun? Good luck! All in, location is still the most important otherwise developers can develop 6-star quality condos in Woodlands and sell at >$3000 psf! :p

I dun remember exactly the fittings at R@E. But the unit itself is indeed better than PI.
The only reason PI gets higher psf now is probably because of the convenience.

btw I dun really value the fittings *that* much, as long as it's not those noname ones. The quality of the unit itself is much more important.

teddybear
10-11-10, 13:29
PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish....
the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate...
Cannot make it at PI? PI neighbourhood so heartlandish? :doh: Wow! You must be living in 1 of those Goodwood hills GCBs? But then those places seem so ulu too! :p
Look at cars know whether they are rich or poor? Look at their wearings and shops / eating places there to know the people's status, etiquette, elegency etc? Poor Warren Buffett! He will taken to be really poor many times over and have no status, etiquette, elegency etc! :banghead: Those HDB estates in Woodlands, Bukit Panjang, Pasir Ris, etc must have been infected with xxxxx. :scared-1:
By the way, Simpang also very low density (close to zero density) and have lots of greenery around. Can sell at >$3000 psf? :tongue3:

having visited both, i feel that R@E feels more posh and the neighbourhood feels more upper class. that neighbourhood feels truly like a residential enclave. feels lower density. lots of green around there.

My feel at PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish.... the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate, albeit a privately owned and slightly more moneyed one.

another yardstick to judge by- the type of cars in the car parks. don't get me wrong, PI has expensive cars too, but not a high % of the total population of cars.

then again, it is just my feel. i could be very wrong.

amk
10-11-10, 13:43
having visited both, i feel that R@E feels more posh and the neighbourhood feels more upper class. that neighbourhood feels truly like a residential enclave.

I think almost every one who has compared R@E and PI will say R@E is a nicer project. The building, layout, fixture, floor, doors, windows, etc, just looks better.

The fact that PI has better psf now means in pty business, it's still location, location, location.

teddy won't u agree R@E by itself is simply a better built/designed project if location is not a factor ?

teddybear
10-11-10, 14:16
Ok you win, R@E indeed looks nicer than PI from outside :cheers1:.
Quality wise I am not sure though, but seems to be better than PI too. Only issue is the location not so convenience, and facade too flat cannot shelter from rain & sun, + need to climb stairs to the playground and tennis court area! :banghead:

I think almost every one who has compared R@E and PI will say R@E is a nicer project. The building, layout, fixture, floor, doors, windows, etc, just looks better.

The fact that PI has better psf now means in pty business, it's still location, location, location.

teddy won't u agree R@E by itself is simply a better built/designed project if location is not a factor ?

ozcraze
10-11-10, 16:49
15 Evelyn Road #12-02
Freehold
$1592
$2450k
18 Oct 10

saw in an earlier post:

Mdm Quek Bee Heong, sister of Mr Kwek Leng Beng and Mr Kwek Leng Joo
#12-02
Residences
@ Evelyn

$1,909,600.00
(nett after Public Discount)

12%, being the discount offered to members of the public who purchase units in Residences @ Evelyn at the time of the grant of the Option to Purchase ("Public Discount

Lord Anus
10-11-10, 17:27
whatever lah... u wouldn't know class even if it bit u on the ass :D

u are the type who will take a lamborghini over aston martin, if both were the same price. u are also the type who will buy an 18k yellow gold rolex studded with diamonds over an AP offshore "end of days"

people who feel that there must be a concrete and widely recognised trait by the hoi polloi to justify a "better" purchase sorely lack class.

PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish....
the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate...
Cannot make it at PI? PI neighbourhood so heartlandish? :doh: Wow! You must be living in 1 of those Goodwood hills GCBs? But then those places seem so ulu too! :p
Look at cars know whether they are rich or poor? Look at their wearings and shops / eating places there to know the people's status, etiquette, elegency etc? Poor Warren Buffett! He will taken to be really poor many times over and have no status, etiquette, elegency etc! :banghead: Those HDB estates in Woodlands, Bukit Panjang, Pasir Ris, etc must have been infected with xxxxx. :scared-1:
By the way, Simpang also very low density (close to zero density) and have lots of greenery around. Can sell at >$3000 psf? :tongue3:

dmonddd
10-11-10, 19:55
looks like objectivity is not there ..someone seems to have bad experiences with R@E or probably strong self interest. cant point finger to the root cause. i see maintenance is tip top.
and hear positive feedback on R@E from all visitors but surprisingly....

always wonder any flood impact if the golden river ....near the square

dmonddd
10-11-10, 20:01
comparing projects equates to comparing floors and at same point in time.

pulling lower levels against higher levels in another project may not be reflecting a true picture.

heard from one agent tat it is not unusual that ppl condemn projects in forums so that the agents' jobs are less difficult in selling

dmonddd
10-11-10, 20:04
size shld be more or less similar
nos of units within the project is also critical in considering

lifts for every floor accessed by how many ppl in each unit
privacy - private lift

dmonddd
10-11-10, 20:21
http://citydev.sg/CDL/Evelyn/home.html

interesting

teddybear
10-11-10, 21:29
Yes, you are right - I don't know any class because I don't judge people by what they wear, what shops they visit and what they buy to consume / eat etc. You have "better" class - the type where dog-eyes see people no up if they are not wearing some very expensive watch, wearing some very expensive clothings and driving some very expensive cars! Warren Buffett will be shit to you!! :tongue3:

whatever lah... u wouldn't know class even if it bit u on the ass :D

u are the type who will take a lamborghini over aston martin, if both were the same price. u are also the type who will buy an 18k yellow gold rolex studded with diamonds over an AP offshore "end of days"

people who feel that there must be a concrete and widely recognised trait by the hoi polloi to justify a "better" purchase sorely lack class.

amk
11-11-10, 11:33
oh I didn't realize dmodd u r now in R@E. how is the noise ? I suppose facing buckly rd should be gd enough ?

dmonddd
11-11-10, 22:10
Noises loudest when demolishing or piling. Nowadays noises are everywhere in prime districts because of the launches late last year and this year. And developments are mushrooming to areas outside prime.

Lower noise level in R@e since piling completed for trilight

Like some said doesnt bother u unless u r not working

dmonddd
11-11-10, 22:11
The hotter the place the more developers want to build their projects near to u or around u.

melodies
13-11-10, 08:49
It is strange that some people says people living around Newton and United Square and Novena Square not cosmo type, savings in travelling no big deal, the types of shops cannot make it type etc. Yet distance matters a lot even to FTs (the real ones paying high rentals) and they also like that place (see below article). Strange strange. Comments not inline with reality. Hai! :scared-3:

Living and eating in Newton

By iProperty.com Singapore – November 9th, 2010
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/92/211633454_5a625e2d1d.jpgEmail (javascript:void(0);) http://www.facebook.com/favicon.icoFacebook (javascript:void(0);) http://twitter.com/favicon.icoTwitter (javascript:void(0);) http://s0.wp.com/wp-content/themes/vip/yahoofittopost/images/icon-print.gif?m=1286123412gPrint (javascript:javascript:window.print();) var shared_object = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Living and eating in Newton", url: "http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/11/09/living-and-eating-in-newton/" }); shared_object.attachChicklet("email", document.getElementById("ck_email1")); shared_object.attachChicklet("facebook", document.getElementById("ck_facebook1")); //shared_object.attachChicklet("digg", document.getElementById("ck_digg1")); shared_object.attachChicklet("twitter", document.getElementById("ck_twitter1")); //shared_object.attachChicklet("yahoo_buzz", document.getElementById("ck_ybuzz1"));

http://yfittopostblogsg.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/blog_iproperty_food.jpg?w=580 (Seafood at Newton Circus Food Court. Photograph: Singapore Tourism Board.)
One glance at the property prices in District 11 (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property/searchresult.aspx?t=S&gpt=P&pt=&ds=11&et=&mp=&xp=&k=&mbu=&xbu=&mbr=&xbr=&mbt=&xbt=&sby=&ns=1) gives an indication of property prices in this area – most easily topping the S$1 million mark.
iProperty.com Singapore (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/) spoke to two residents of Newton – Ruairi Brown from Ireland, who arrived in Singapore this year, and Craig Glass, from Scotland, who has been here since 2007 – to find out what living there is like.
Why did you choose to live here?
Ruairi Brown: It’s central, my apartment is close to the MRT, and there are lots of restaurants and supermarkets nearby.
Craig Glass: Newton is easily one of the most convenient areas to live. You’ve got the MRT and bus services, plus supermarkets and other facilities almost on your door stop.
What do you like and dislike about living here?
RB: The big pros are that the commute to work is very short, it’s very central to town, and yet it’s also quiet and residential. Newton and Novena are both quite expat-friendly, so the supermarkets have a good selection of bread, meats and cheeses, which we crave on occasion. There are a lot of wine shops around too and a couple of decent pubs. Newton Circus food court is always open too, to satisfy those midnight hunger pangs. The only drawback is that because it’s so central it’s quite expensive.
CG: It’s not a cheap area to live by any means, and you have to be willing to have a smaller space with a bigger price tag. I reckon that if you’re careful and with such good transport links you can balance it out.
Can you tell us a bit about the property you live in?
RB: We have a reasonably spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom place in Evelyn Mansions (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/singaporeCondominiums/condominium.aspx?bid=254&condo=Evelyn_Mansions). It’s about 10 storeys high with four apartments per floor. It’s a very peaceful development and we seldom see others using the pool. We’re off Newton Road and Bukit Timah Rd, but it’s so quiet and secluded that you cannot hear any traffic. The place is about 12 years old, but is modern, light and well maintained.
CG: Our condo, The Armadale (http://www.iproperty.com.sg/singaporeCondominiums/condominium.aspx?bid=2176&condo=The_Armadale), was built in 2000; it’s a two-bedroom (just!) place. It’s Balinese-themed in style, which is very nice and has good gardens and a nice pool. The unit has good views of greenery, and the fact that it has a little bit of privacy was a big selling point.
What would your advice be to people looking to relocate to this area?
RB: Personally, I would say: “Don’t come here! Go somewhere else and keep my rent low.”
CG: Be aware that the area has a lot of construction happening around it. If you’re looking at a place it’s something to be aware of if you’re looking for something near green spaces.
What is your favourite place for dinner or drinks in Newton?
RB: A crummy little pub called Café and Bar that has great food and atmosphere. I’m not sure why we love it so much but it’s great!
CG: Harry’s at Velocity is good for watching sport, and as it’s small, the service is pretty good. There’s also a lovely Japanese/curry fusion restaurant called Curry Favor in the same mall.

Any special finds in the area?
RB: There’s a fantastic Italian place about 15 minutes walk from Netwon MRT north up Bukit Timah Road called Al Borgo. They serve the best pizza I’ve had in Singapore, as they use proper mozzarella.
CG: The gym on the 5th floor of Revenue House is a hidden gem. It’s got friendly trainers and great facilities if you don’t just want to be on a treadmill staring blankly at a screen. Plus, there’s roof top tennis, squash, and badminton courts.

RegUser1
23-11-10, 21:43
Why are so many units coming up for sale here suddenly ?

dmonddd
25-11-10, 00:29
u probably seeing same unit

dreamer888
17-03-16, 15:23
Chanced upon this development while doing house hunting. Location looks good with good range of facilities. Read some postings about its interior quality finishes. Anyone forummers staying in this condo care to share your experience so far?

Saw an ad for $1.88mm for 2 br ($1800+ psf), probably will have room for negotiation. Currently, shortlisted this and VIVA for consideration.

Werther
17-03-16, 19:59
Chanced upon this development while doing house hunting. Location looks good with good range of facilities. Read some postings about its interior quality finishes. Anyone forummers staying in this condo care to share your experience so far?

Saw an ad for $1.88mm for 2 br ($1800+ psf), probably will have room for negotiation. Currently, shortlisted this and VIVA for consideration.

Nice place but my friend who owns a unit there, i cant remember 2 or 3 bedrooms, quite tough to get tenant. But for own stay, maybe it's ok . good luck in your home search.

teddybear
17-03-16, 21:41
Design got some issues........
If you the kind who like natural air and want to open your window to sleep, BUT you can't! Your room's floor will be all wet if you do so if it happen to rain at night!

dreamer888
18-03-16, 10:07
Looking for own stay actually and capital appreciation in the longer term. Between this and VIVA, which would you choose? Similar areas, freehold status, size of devt are similar (200+ units). R @ E is 10 9 years old whereas VIVA is 3 years old. VIVA is currently commanding a higher psf.

bargain hunter
18-03-16, 21:23
Looking for own stay actually and capital appreciation in the longer term. Between this and VIVA, which would you choose? Similar areas, freehold status, size of devt are similar (200+ units). R @ E is 10 9 years old whereas VIVA is 3 years old. VIVA is currently commanding a higher psf.

same psf of course viva. but the gap is now quite big for this project vs viva so maybe worth a look.

dreamer888
19-03-16, 20:56
same psf of course viva. but the gap is now quite big for this project vs viva so maybe worth a look.

Not same psf. The latest ads show VIVA at $1,915 psf while R@E is $1,819 psf. VIVA is nearer to the mrt station and newer.

teddybear
19-03-16, 21:04
There are many other factors you have not considered (other than Viva newer and nearer MRT) like:

3. R@E when you drive out, the road always quite jammed!
4. R@E no shopping area near by!
5. R@E walk from MRT station at night is very quiet and quite scary for young kids and women.......
6. (what else???)...........

I don't think VIVA is higher in $PSF than R@E for no good reason...........

Not same psf. The latest ads show VIVA at $1,915 psf while R@E is $1,819 psf. VIVA is nearer to the mrt station and newer.

bargain hunter
20-03-16, 00:03

look at the caveats lodged. ignore those ad asking prices.

RESIDENCES @ EVELYN EVELYN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,850,000 - 1,033 Strata 26 to 30 1,790 Jun-15
RESIDENCES @ EVELYN EVELYN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,860,000 - 1,109 Strata 21 to 25 1,678 Nov-15

psf is 1678psf for 2 bedders. recently a 4 bedder was sold at a new low of 1600psf. can use it to bargain haha. though i feel for 2 bedders, anything under 1700psf is already a bargain.

no 2 bedders were transacted at viva since the cooling measures in jun 2013. the ad shows a smaller unit (slightly smaller vs R@E) at 1876psf negotiable. to me, that's an even greater bargain if u can get it at 1.9m. view both units to get a feel! good luck!

bargain hunter
20-03-16, 00:08
you can also use the recent caveats at park infinia as reference:

PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,801,800 - 1,001 Strata 21 to 25 1,800 Feb-16
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 1,850,000 - 1,001 Strata 11 to 15 1,848 Nov-15

expect to pay > 1.8m for a 2 bedder at either viva or R@E. do bargain hard to try to get below 1.9m if possible (for viva). :)

dreamer888
20-03-16, 12:03
Yeah thanks for the caveats. Yeah, in terms of location, I would prefer VIVA and if the 2+1 unit can get 1.9mm or below, that would be ideal.

bargain hunter
20-03-16, 14:36
Yeah thanks for the caveats. Yeah, in terms of location, I would prefer VIVA and if the 2+1 unit can get 1.9mm or below, that would be ideal.

just try. lowball and u won't know what good deal u may get if seller is desperate enough.

from propertycarrots, prices bought from developer ranges from 1.54m to 1.88m depending on high or low floor for the 2+1 units. for sub sales, they bought at 2m to 2.245m. (sub sale pple may be willing to take a loss to get out since the advert is at 2m nego). if its the original guys, they are also glad to take any profits that they have. good luck!

proud owner
20-03-16, 23:33
I have not seen Viva.
But quite familiar with R@E.

Dont be deceived by the size.
It has huge balconies.

the 2 bedroom units of 15xx sqft has a big yard, Big balcony outside living area, Big balcony outside dining area. Not forgetting another area for your SHOES outside your private lift ...

I would go for a 9xx sqft 2 bedroom unit with 1 small balcony anytime.

taking away the balconies ... you are left with not much usable space.

bargain hunter
21-03-16, 08:31
I have not seen Viva.
But quite familiar with R@E.

Dont be deceived by the size.
It has huge balconies.

the 2 bedroom units of 15xx sqft has a big yard, Big balcony outside living area, Big balcony outside dining area. Not forgetting another area for your SHOES outside your private lift ...

I would go for a 9xx sqft 2 bedroom unit with 1 small balcony anytime.

taking away the balconies ... you are left with not much usable space.

bro, 15xx is the 3 bedrooms. 2 bedrooms is 11xx. but then this design is typical of the 2005 launches up till after 2007 boom then came the mickey mouses era. sigh. its either too big (with balconies and bay windows and planters) or too small (still with balcony and a/c ledge abuse) lol.

amk
21-03-16, 17:54
bro, 15xx is the 3 bedrooms.

in addition, there are 2 types of 3bd (forgot the exact size for each), with one significantly higher than the other because of the quiet facing.

bargain hunter
21-03-16, 18:58
in addition, there are 2 types of 3bd (forgot the exact size for each), with one significantly higher than the other because of the quiet facing.

think u r mistaken bro,

http://www.cdl.com.sg/Evelyn/floorplans.html

only 15xx sq ft for 3 bedders. should be another project with different sizes for 3 bd? like your favourite trilight or something? :)

proud owner
21-03-16, 20:15
Sorry typo ... i meant the 3bedroom units of 15xx sqft... actual usable space is really not much.

Some other FH condos of 9xx sqft 2 bedroom and small balcony have better layout..

all in all ... R@E looks nice on outside .... i go there becos my friend has 7 units there (hahahha )

i probably wont live there ...

amk
21-03-16, 21:44
think u r mistaken bro,

http://www.cdl.com.sg/Evelyn/floorplans.html

only 15xx sq ft for 3 bedders. should be another project with different sizes for 3 bd? like your favourite trilight or something? :)

No u mistook what I meant. I meant diff type of 3bd, both around 15xx sf, but one type with a much higher PRICE. I think it's the 1528 type, with a quiet facing, seldome traded. I was offered 1550psf back then, so not really ex, today should still be profitable.

Btw this project got deferred payment, so prowd owner friend after all may not lose that much of opportunity cost...

bargain hunter
21-03-16, 21:54
No u mistook what I meant. I meant diff type of 3bd, both around 15xx sf, but one type with a much higher PRICE. I think it's the 1528 type, with a quiet facing, seldome traded. I was offered 1550psf back then, so not really ex, today should still be profitable.

Btw this project got deferred payment, so prowd owner friend after all may not lose that much of opportunity cost...

ah i see. 01 stack with the quiet facing. seems like its the 03 4 bedder and 04 stack 2 bedder which has the best view though.

proud owner
21-03-16, 22:19

errr they didnt take loan .....

the bought same stack .... different floors .... the stack that was 'highly recommended' by the developer ....

for some reasons i dont know what they are, the last 4 years ... so difficult to find tenants.

They spent quite a bit on ID...yet one of the units, the current tenant like the facing, but no the ID, requested to 'undo' the ID...

not that they pay higher rent, in fact lower. in order to' grab' the tenant, they spent some money to undo the ID...

I advised him not to take that tenant but he went ahead ...

imagine once this tenant moves out, his unit is 'BARE" .. which probably cant command a good rent despite having premium facing ...

really stupid friend i have lol ....

dreamer888
22-03-16, 10:31
Your friends seem to have deep pockets. No loan for units costing $2mm+?

It's perhaps the proximity to amenities like supermarkets, eateries, shopping that didn't entice much tenants to that development. Tenants would prefer the Novena side or if they really want exclusivity, the main Newton area.

errr they didnt take loan .....

the bought same stack .... different floors .... the stack that was 'highly recommended' by the developer ....

for some reasons i dont know what they are, the last 4 years ... so difficult to find tenants.

They spent quite a bit on ID...yet one of the units, the current tenant like the facing, but no the ID, requested to 'undo' the ID...

not that they pay higher rent, in fact lower. in order to' grab' the tenant, they spent some money to undo the ID...

I advised him not to take that tenant but he went ahead ...

imagine once this tenant moves out, his unit is 'BARE" .. which probably cant command a good rent despite having premium facing ...

really stupid friend i have lol ....

Singleton
22-03-16, 11:40
Those condos just next to United square or Novena square will find tenants faster (Park infinia, Lincoln Suites, Viva, Soleil )

R Evelyn good for own stay. tucked inside the main road and next to landed. One of the main reasons in the past few years was the noise, first it was Newton One, then Trilight then Gilstead constructions. Noise and dusts

Now it is better since most condos around done up and newton interchange ready

Think it was launched at around 1200-1300pfs

Your friends seem to have deep pockets. No loan for units costing $2mm+?

It's perhaps the proximity to amenities like supermarkets, eateries, shopping that didn't entice much tenants to that development. Tenants would prefer the Novena side or if they really want exclusivity, the main Newton area.

dreamer888
30-03-16, 13:45
Another loss making transaction at R@E....

21 Mar 16 17 Evelyn Road #21-06 2,250 1,600 17 Mar 10 1,700 -225,000

bargain hunter
30-03-16, 14:33
Another loss making transaction at R@E....

21 Mar 16 17 Evelyn Road #21-06 2,250 1,600 17 Mar 10 1,700 -225,000

the agent once said seller firm on the price...............................@ 3.9m. cheyyyyyyy :)

wannabe
30-03-16, 15:15
the agent once said seller firm on the price...............................@ 3.9m. cheyyyyyyy :)

LOL Bro, you wanted to buy huh

bargain hunter
30-03-16, 15:49
LOL Bro, you wanted to buy huh

long story. but let's just say i helped a relative crash this project. think i've stated the obvious liao. lol.

dreamer888
30-03-16, 17:09
long story. but let's just say i helped a relative crash this project. think i've stated the obvious liao. lol.

Because the last transaction in Jan 16 was transacted at $1600psf for the same floor area?

bargain hunter
30-03-16, 19:51
Because the last transaction in Jan 16 was transacted at $1600psf for the same floor area?

kekeke. use the 1600psf to your advantage!

dreamer888
31-03-16, 09:41
kekeke. use the 1600psf to your advantage!]

Yeah, but makes me wonder if there is still potential for long term capital appreciation if the current transacted prices did not offer much upside (thought market is weak) from their launch prices.

bargain hunter
31-03-16, 11:32
]

Yeah, but makes me wonder if there is still potential for long term capital appreciation if the current transacted prices did not offer much upside (thought market is weak) from their launch prices.

errm, launch prices were at 11xx to 12xxpsf.

proud owner
31-03-16, 12:50
errm, launch prices were at 11xx to 12xxpsf.

have you noticed that for R@E ... its price didnt go up as much as other projects ...

bargain hunter
31-03-16, 13:22
have you noticed that for R@E ... its price didnt go up as much as other projects ...

went from 11xx, hit 19xx, drop back to 16xx. which projects should we be comparing it to?

we know that rivergate has undergone some sort of "re-rating". 11xx, hit 2xxx, now say average still hovering around 19xx? any others comparable from the same era?

HP65
31-03-16, 15:41
went from 11xx, hit 19xx, drop back to 16xx. which projects should we be comparing it to?

we know that rivergate has undergone some sort of "re-rating". 11xx, hit 2xxx, now say average still hovering around 19xx? any others comparable from the same era?

MPR, Cosmopolitan, Wharve Resi, these are the few notable ones I was tracking :-)

bargain hunter
31-03-16, 15:57
MPR, Cosmopolitan, Wharve Resi, these are the few notable ones I was tracking :-)

hmm bro proud owner was talking about his friend who could have made more if he didn't wait for the launch (2005/2006). cosmo would be a good comparison for the era. for MPR and Wharf, launched 2007 at high expensive levels. only in 2009 fire sale everyone grabbed.

HP65
31-03-16, 19:34
hmm bro proud owner was talking about his friend who could have made more if he didn't wait for the launch (2005/2006). cosmo would be a good comparison for the era. for MPR and Wharf, launched 2007 at high expensive levels. only in 2009 fire sale everyone grabbed.

Ah, ok true. I was thinking of the time when MPR and WR dropped to $1250ish and then very quickly skyrocketed to $2k and then now settling below $1900 psf.

bargain hunter
31-03-16, 19:45
Ah, ok true. I was thinking of the time when MPR and WR dropped to $1250ish and then very quickly skyrocketed to $2k and then now settling below $1900 psf.

just like rivergate. that was 09 alright. R@E also fell to 11xxpsf and 12xxpsf during that time. it then never exceed the 2007 highs but did hit 1930psf in 2013. it then slowly slid back to 1700psf average.