Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 442

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

  1. #1
    mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,129

    Default Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)










  2. #2
    Makelele Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    I heard this isn't selling well. It was priced the same as Newton One but Newton One sold out quickly. My question is: why? For the same price, I would have this one instead, as its surroundings are quieter and more tranquil. The footprint is also much bigger than Newton One's, giving the feeling of spaciousness.

  3. #3
    slave Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    I also rather evelyn over newton one but one reason i think it is not sold out is cos it is near TOP and buyers wld hv to pay in full. Speculators rather deferred payment cos they only have to pay d/p and nothing til TOP.

  4. #4
    hello! Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Most of the buyers of [email protected] and Newton One were foreigners (Indonesians, etc). These people pay the full amount in cash.

    I have been to see both and I find Evelyn much more classy. I also like the big plot of land, unlike Newton One which is squeezed on a small plot. But Newton One also has much less units.

  5. #5
    whitemuffin Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by Makelele
    I heard this isn't selling well. It was priced the same as Newton One but Newton One sold out quickly. My question is: why? For the same price, I would have this one instead, as its surroundings are quieter and more tranquil. The footprint is also much bigger than Newton One's, giving the feeling of spaciousness.
    It is quieter but the access road is very small (one lane 2 way) with a tiny circle. Some buyers maybe put off by this. Imagine the hundreds of cars going in and out of the property during peak hours...there will be traffic jam at the guarded entrance.

  6. #6
    joe Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Sale Of Property Unit At Residences @ Evelyn
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7
    joe Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Proposed sale of Property Units at One Shenton and Residences @ Evelyn
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    100% CDL Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    100% SOLD.

  9. #9
    evelyn owner Guest

    Smile Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Apr 07 URA caveat shows $2000psf done for a 3 bedroom unit!

  10. #10
    beavis Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    Apr 07 URA caveat shows $2000psf done for a 3 bedroom unit!
    Congratulation to you!! Thats a new record for newton area!!

  11. #11
    evelyn owner Guest

    Talking Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Just got the keys! anybody wanna buy my unit? only $2000psf.

  12. #12
    beavis Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    Just got the keys! anybody wanna buy my unit? only $2000psf.

    Hope you set a new record in Newton area

  13. #13
    evelyn owner Guest

    Talking Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    just now after i collected the keys there was a pretty agent who stopped me at the gate and passed me her name card asking me to rent or sell. i asked how much is the rental for the 3 room and she said $8K and all corp tenants. wow! i didnt know rents had gone up so high! i thot it was $6-7K. now i donno whether to rent or sell.

    if i sell i can use the $1m profit to put downpayment for a deferred project costing $5m. but if prices drop 20% i bankrupt! anyway i was going around property hunting and there are NO NEW DEFERRED PROJECTS left!!! except a few units at tribeca which i dont like. and $5m cant buy much in leonie/cairnhill area nowadays.

    so what do u suggest? cheong or be safe??

  14. #14
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    just now after i collected the keys there was a pretty agent who stopped me at the gate and passed me her name card asking me to rent or sell. i asked how much is the rental for the 3 room and she said $8K and all corp tenants. wow! i didnt know rents had gone up so high! i thot it was $6-7K. now i donno whether to rent or sell.

    if i sell i can use the $1m profit to put downpayment for a deferred project costing $5m. but if prices drop 20% i bankrupt! anyway i was going around property hunting and there are NO NEW DEFERRED PROJECTS left!!! except a few units at tribeca which i dont like. and $5m cant buy much in leonie/cairnhill area nowadays.

    so what do u suggest? cheong or be safe??

    $8k is a good rental price. Cairnhill and leonie area already Very expensive. Close to $3000 already. Newly launch around that area will cost above $3000.

    If you ask me which one do I like, Tribeca or Evelyn? I will take Evelyn. Unless you can sell evelyn at $2000 and buy Tribeca for $1600. But dont forget several new development will be launched near newton area like Scotts tower of far east. that is a positive sign for newton owners.
    Scotts tower will cost from $3000-$6000 I think.

    Another good way to invest is.. If you sell and get the $1m profit. If I were you, I will use the profit to buy less expensive condo like pavilion II which cost about $900 psf but still within district 9,10 or 11.
    Pavilion II only cost at about $1.2 or $1.4m and then you profit about 20%-30% again from pavilion which I think is possible.

    But of course Pavilion is sold out but there will be other launches similar to Pavilion type.

  15. #15
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    I will take Tribeca but at a lower price.

    Tribeca's price is set to go up because of limited supply of inner city condos after the ban on office conversion.

    Tribeca is very close to the Shenton Way belt. So are condos in Tiong Bahru, Lavender, Bugis, and Tanjong Rhu.

    Newton is a fine area, but I consider Newton more like Balmoral, Stevens, Holland and Bukit Timah area. Nice to live in because all residential buildings, but further away from Inner City.

  16. #16
    evelyn owner Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    I dont like tribeca cos the plot beside it facing the river will prob be sold & a new condo will block its river view. I heard Zouk's lease is not being renewed already so that area may be developed. I dont want it to be a case of lincoln modern where it is blocked on 3 sides and the only facing is that of the HDBs across. Sure susah to sell one.. altho newton and river valley are usually the same price.

    I was thinking of going further down the road like Duchess Residences cos it is still affordable n may see a lift due to en-bloc sellers looking for new properties.

    Then again I also like Orchard/ Grange cos some new projects like Scotts Sq/ MarQ/ Hilltops/Scotts Tower may set new benchmarks for the area. Whole of Leonie and Cairnhill may see higher upon higher prices with each consecutive launch.

  17. #17
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    I dont like tribeca cos the plot beside it facing the river will prob be sold & a new condo will block its river view. I heard Zouk's lease is not being renewed already so that area may be developed. I dont want it to be a case of lincoln modern where it is blocked on 3 sides and the only facing is that of the HDBs across. Sure susah to sell one.. altho newton and river valley are usually the same price.

    I was thinking of going further down the road like Duchess Residences cos it is still affordable n may see a lift due to en-bloc sellers looking for new properties.

    Then again I also like Orchard/ Grange cos some new projects like Scotts Sq/ MarQ/ Hilltops/Scotts Tower may set new benchmarks for the area. Whole of Leonie and Cairnhill may see higher upon higher prices with each consecutive launch.
    how big is your unit? congrats on getting your keys too! i do think new launches are too expensive. will make more sense to go for completed developments in those areas you mentioned if you are really keen on getting into them. somemore can get rental income immediately.

  18. #18
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    I dont like tribeca cos the plot beside it facing the river will prob be sold & a new condo will block its river view. I heard Zouk's lease is not being renewed already so that area may be developed. I dont want it to be a case of lincoln modern where it is blocked on 3 sides and the only facing is that of the HDBs across. Sure susah to sell one.. altho newton and river valley are usually the same price.

    I was thinking of going further down the road like Duchess Residences cos it is still affordable n may see a lift due to en-bloc sellers looking for new properties.

    Then again I also like Orchard/ Grange cos some new projects like Scotts Sq/ MarQ/ Hilltops/Scotts Tower may set new benchmarks for the area. Whole of Leonie and Cairnhill may see higher upon higher prices with each consecutive launch.
    The places you mentioned like Grange, scotts, paterson, and cairnhill are very expensive. Sizeable New launch project will definitely above $3000 psf.
    BTW, did you mentioned no deffered payment already for new launch condo??? I never know that.

    River valley place is a better place than newton but newton price will rise faster than river velly because many enbloc sales in that area.

  19. #19
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The places you mentioned like Grange, scotts, paterson, and cairnhill are very expensive. Sizeable New launch project will definitely above $3000 psf.
    BTW, did you mentioned no deffered payment already for new launch condo??? I never know that.

    River valley place is a better place than newton but newton price will rise faster than river velly because many enbloc sales in that area.
    cairnhill area also many enbloc sales.

  20. #20
    evelyn owner Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    My unit is 1500sq ft- looks quite tight cos of the big balcony. I m staying in a 3000 sq ft place now so not used to 1500sq ft- think i'll sell it.no point spending more money doing it up for rent.i can rollover the profit for a bigger place..then pray that the mkt doesnt crash!haha.

    oh ya, i said i went looking for new projects with deferred payment and there arent many left. in fact it is very difficult to find new projects these days.

  21. #21
    beavis Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    My unit is 1500sq ft- looks quite tight cos of the big balcony. I m staying in a 3000 sq ft place now so not used to 1500sq ft- think i'll sell it.no point spending more money doing it up for rent.i can rollover the profit for a bigger place..then pray that the mkt doesnt crash!haha.

    oh ya, i said i went looking for new projects with deferred payment and there arent many left. in fact it is very difficult to find new projects these days.

    If you want a big condo, I heard the Clividen aslo by CDL will be bigger and luxurious. It is one unit per floor with 360 degrees view. But Of course it very expensive.

  22. #22
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    My unit is 1500sq ft- looks quite tight cos of the big balcony. I m staying in a 3000 sq ft place now so not used to 1500sq ft- think i'll sell it.no point spending more money doing it up for rent.i can rollover the profit for a bigger place..then pray that the mkt doesnt crash!haha.

    oh ya, i said i went looking for new projects with deferred payment and there arent many left. in fact it is very difficult to find new projects these days.
    is the view nice from the balcony?

    well, given the high rental rates now, i think it is a good move to rent the unit out and then take your time to sell the unit. given that there are a couple of enblocs around evelyn area, prices will trend higher when those new launches come by. it may be very risky to go for new developments now as they are already priced much higher than completed ones. whichever, way it's your choice and congrats on the good buy at evelyn!

  23. #23
    evelyn owner Guest

    Smile Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    the view is of macritchie so quite nice altho part of it is also balestier haha! at least it is better than block 17 which will be facing the construction enbloc site of gilstead view.

    cliveden is nice but the smallest unit will prob be $7m ! (2350sq ft). even if i rollover my evelyn profit i can only afford a $5m deferred payment unit (prob only a 2 bedroom in the grange/leonie/cairnhill area haha). maybe i'll go downstream to duchess residences.it doesnt matter whether i keep evelyn or buy new now despite the price increase as i'm looking for % increase. evelyn or other new projects would hopefully go up by the same %. so a bigger investment wld see a larger absolute amt increase (if property prices will still rise, which given the extreme shortage, will IMHO)

    know any other 9/10/11 new launches coming up?

  24. #24
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    I also looking for more affordable unit around 9, 10 and 11. About 900-1100 psf.
    But looking at the enbloc areas last lear, most of them located around cairnhill and newton area.
    So I think most of the new projects and launches will be around this area.

    Anybody knows new launches around holland road area?? I think that place will be more affordable.

    Any new launches around newton area I believe will be 1800-2000 psf which is out of my budget.
    I dont think we can look for affordable price anymore at D9,10,11 and D1.

    D21 and D3 is still affordable though yet still close to prime area.

  25. #25
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    the view is of macritchie so quite nice altho part of it is also balestier haha! at least it is better than block 17 which will be facing the construction enbloc site of gilstead view.

    cliveden is nice but the smallest unit will prob be $7m ! (2350sq ft). even if i rollover my evelyn profit i can only afford a $5m deferred payment unit (prob only a 2 bedroom in the grange/leonie/cairnhill area haha). maybe i'll go downstream to duchess residences.it doesnt matter whether i keep evelyn or buy new now despite the price increase as i'm looking for % increase. evelyn or other new projects would hopefully go up by the same %. so a bigger investment wld see a larger absolute amt increase (if property prices will still rise, which given the extreme shortage, will IMHO)

    know any other 9/10/11 new launches coming up?
    helios, hilltops in cairnhill. the marq?

    personally, i think the potential for upside is better for completed units. reason being - buy lower, % increase will be higher. if you say that deferred payment schemes are being phased out now, then the likelihood for spectacular price increases for new projects may also take a back seat. hence, it will be safer to go with the less expensive alternative.

  26. #26
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I also looking for more affordable unit around 9, 10 and 11. About 900-1100 psf.
    But looking at the enbloc areas last lear, most of them located around cairnhill and newton area.
    So I think most of the new projects and launches will be around this area.

    Anybody knows new launches around holland road area?? I think that place will be more affordable.

    Any new launches around newton area I believe will be 1800-2000 psf which is out of my budget.
    I dont think we can look for affordable price anymore at D9,10,11 and D1.

    D21 and D3 is still affordable though yet still close to prime area.
    which is why i am holding onto my unit in cairnhill vicinity as i see bigger upside further down the road.

    i dunno holland area well, but the farrer road area is going to explode. for 900-1100 psf... think it is very difficult already. how about shelford area? maybe can still find some older properties at this price? gilstead area has some old properties as well.

  27. #27
    evelyn owner Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    no i didnt say deferred schemes are being phased out. i said it's difficult to find deferred schemes cos they're all sold out.for older fringe D11 like duchess crest or shelford area can be had for 1100psf..altho the launch of duchess residences launching at 1500-1600psf will see those prices rise as well.

  28. #28
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    no i didnt say deferred schemes are being phased out. i said it's difficult to find deferred schemes cos they're all sold out.for older fringe D11 like duchess crest or shelford area can be had for 1100psf..altho the launch of duchess residences launching at 1500-1600psf will see those prices rise as well.
    just a note.... duchess crest is 99yr leasehold.

    is duchess residences really launching at that price? that's really high. at that price, one can still get a unit at avalon. top up a bit more can get chelsea gardens. up and coming in the duchess area includes the tresor and another uol project near duchess crest. does anyone know the name of this project?

  29. #29
    evelyn owner Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Duchess residences is the UOL project. 1500-1600psf is not surprising given waterfall gdns is already transacting at 1700-1800psf.and Leedon Hts owners got 1400psf each. Duchess is a much better area, more leafy and quiet than Watrefall, which is on top of the tunnel. Avalon and Chelsea are also beside a busy road. Of course if one doesnt mind nopisy roads and flyovers, Equatorial is still selling at 1100psf.

  30. #30
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Re: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

    Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    Duchess residences is the UOL project. 1500-1600psf is not surprising given waterfall gdns is already transacting at 1700-1800psf.and Leedon Hts owners got 1400psf each. Duchess is a much better area, more leafy and quiet than Watrefall, which is on top of the tunnel. Avalon and Chelsea are also beside a busy road. Of course if one doesnt mind nopisy roads and flyovers, Equatorial is still selling at 1100psf.
    i see... there is another uol project around the coronation road area, leading to victoria park road. does anyone know what's the name of this project?

    i find duchess residences too deep into duchess road. furthermore, it's a dead-end road. not terribly convenient.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    -: 19-11-18, 10:43
  2. Replies: 1
    -: 06-10-18, 18:10
  3. 10 Evelyn @ Evelyn Road
    By newcondosasia in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    -: 01-10-18, 15:33
  4. Freehold Launch at 10 Evelyn Road
    By Wimsey in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    -: 28-09-18, 22:43
  5. D'Evelyn (D11, Freehold, Eastern Development)
    By ryan in forum District 11
    Replies: 3
    -: 04-02-07, 20:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •