PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Unregistered
08-06-07, 19:32
Which block is the best? Can we have a poll on best block contest?

most ex must be good lor..

Unregistered
10-06-07, 00:27
wonder what is the size of living room for the smallest 3bedroom..anyone knows??

ht
10-06-07, 11:31
wonder what is the size of living room for the smallest 3bedroom..anyone knows??

I think the smaller is just over 1000 sqf, while the bigger ones are closer to 1200sqf. From the floor plans, it seems that space are quite well optimised. But I have not gotten a chance to visit the showflat as they just closed it recently, as the management needs to "re-strategised", i.e., raise prices to make a bigger killing out of the current frenzy !!

Unregistered
10-06-07, 21:30
i guess as well from the floor plan i gotten from the developer. no show flat for the smaller units though as the 1 and only was a 1200 sq feet unit..the 1300 has been fully taken up hence show flat closed for viewings..

kitchen kinda small though..the rest are pretty ok. especially the rooms and master bedroom toilet.showflats could be deceptive though with mirror illusion and high ceilings..

Unregistered
10-06-07, 21:48
i guess as well from the floor plan i gotten from the developer. no show flat for the smaller units though as the 1 and only was a 1200 sq feet unit..the 1300 has been fully taken up hence show flat closed for viewings..

kitchen kinda small though..the rest are pretty ok. especially the rooms and master bedroom toilet.showflats could be deceptive though with mirror illusion and high ceilings..

The living room for the showflat & the smallest 99sqm is it the same size?

martin wee
10-06-07, 21:53
not sure. leave me email. i will send the floor plan to you.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 22:38
not sure. leave me email. i will send the floor plan to you.

You have the floor plan? of which units??

martin wee
10-06-07, 22:41
99m to 113m..i am no agent. happened to have cos bough a unit at TQ.

Unregistered
10-06-07, 22:51
99m to 113m..i am no agent. happened to have cos bough a unit at TQ.

OIC...so which unit u bought?
btw, I need to post my email here so you can see? Sorry, don't really know how to use this forum

Unregistered
10-06-07, 23:14
OIC...so which unit u bought?
btw, I need to post my email here so you can see? Sorry, don't really know how to use this forum

Think the floor plans is same as the website at GL?

martin wee
11-06-07, 11:05
not sure ah as I haven't been to the website.

Unregistered
11-06-07, 12:49
The living room for the showflat & the smallest 99sqm is it the same size?
The living room is slightly smaller than the 106 size. look at the brochure the smaller 3 rm can put only 2 seater sofa.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 22:42
looking at the online showflat status..fast..so excited :) Hope next year will get TOP

Unregistered
12-06-07, 23:03
Looking at the building progress from the online status, think by this year end, will finish building :) so plus interior Sep08 seems a reasonable timeline. Then give another 3mths for inspection to obtain TOP, hope by Dec08, it will be ready, if not CNY
What do you guys think??

Unregistered
12-06-07, 23:08
looking at the online showflat status..fast..so excited :) Hope next year will get TOP
went to the site this morning,the progress is much faster than the online status. i think they may be able to complete by early 2008,and TOP mid 2008.
have you got yourself a unit there? i heard the developer wanted to increase the price for TQ

Unregistered
12-06-07, 23:17
Looking at the building progress from the online status, think by this year end, will finish building :) so plus interior Sep08 seems a reasonable timeline. Then give another 3mths for inspection to obtain TOP, hope by Dec08, it will be ready, if not CNY
What do you guys think??
I think your est. is more realistic, very eager to move in. which blk did you bought and how much did you paid for it?

Unregistered
12-06-07, 23:21
went to the site this morning,the progress is much faster than the online status. i think they may be able to complete by early 2008,and TOP mid 2008.
have you got yourself a unit there? i heard the developer wanted to increase the price for TQ

Yup, got a unit there last Dec06 :) been waiting and monitoring the progress..its my first home..hehe...my biggest investment in life

Unregistered
12-06-07, 23:23
I think your est. is more realistic, very eager to move in. which blk did you bought and how much did you paid for it?

You mean his estimate more realistic..GOOD...glad to hear that...I really hope they can quickly finish building..hehe

Unregistered
12-06-07, 23:26
How long does a minor renovation takes? I hope can move in by Christmas..if not by Chinese New Year..

Unregistered
13-06-07, 01:40
How long does a minor renovation takes? I hope can move in by Christmas..if not by Chinese New Year..

Minor reno = 2 to 3 weeks from start of construction.

Unregistered
13-06-07, 23:56
Think must pop by one of these days to see the real progress :)

Unregistered
14-06-07, 23:09
any idea when is the new showroom be ready? Thanks

Unregistered
15-06-07, 20:32
Think must pop by one of these days to see the real progress :)
Please let me know the status if you happen to pop by. It will be good if top before 2009 as today news mention that there will be 31,000 units top by 2009 and 2010. the govt releases 15 new sites for sales. hope that prices will remain.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 20:36
any idea when is the new showroom be ready? Thanks
A few days ago I called the developer direct and they feedback that there are no schedule date for showroom openning or sales to start (eg. new pricing,etc).Told me if interested leave contact to them and they'll call me when the time comes but don't know when. First time kanna "don't call me I call you" treatment from a property developer. Seems like developer not hardup to sell buy customers hardup to buy situation. Sigh.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 21:26
A few days ago I called the developer direct and they feedback that there are no schedule date for showroom openning or sales to start (eg. new pricing,etc).Told me if interested leave contact to them and they'll call me when the time comes but don't know when. First time kanna "don't call me I call you" treatment from a property developer. Seems like developer not hardup to sell buy customers hardup to buy situation. Sigh.
Thank you the info, if the developer want to delay the new launch than better becareful. the govt had released 15 new sites for sales.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 21:30
Minor reno = 2 to 3 weeks from start of construction.
Good minor reno need 2 weeks ONLY. which blk did you bought?

Unregistered
15-06-07, 21:50
Good minor reno need 2 weeks ONLY. which blk did you bought?

so meaning if reno for wall feature, tv console, painting etc...all these will take at the most 2 weeks?

Unregistered
15-06-07, 22:52
Thank you the info, if the developer want to delay the new launch than better becareful. the govt had released 15 new sites for sales.

The price will not come cheaper, in fact more expensive b'cos the land sale will attract many bidders based on current bullish property market. Developer will then pass the tab to consumers.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 23:09
The price will not come cheaper, in fact more expensive b'cos the land sale will attract many bidders based on current bullish property market. Developer will then pass the tab to consumers.

Wonder how's the pricing for the EC at Punggol Rd/Field that is reserved for 2nd half 2007...Actually wanted to get EC but the price at Woodland, La Casa is too high, not worth it...

Unregistered
15-06-07, 23:14
Wonder how's the pricing for the EC at Punggol Rd/Field that is reserved for 2nd half 2007...Actually wanted to get EC but the price at Woodland, La Casa is too high, not worth it...

You can bet that it will be more expensive than La Casa.

Govt release 15 new sites doesn't mean price will go down. Developers still need to bid for the sites. And highest bid still secures. And highest bid now will still be higher than 4-5 years ago.

Unregistered
15-06-07, 23:26

I reckon it'll be around 350 - 450psf.

Unregistered
16-06-07, 18:20
You can bet that it will be more expensive than La Casa.

Govt release 15 new sites doesn't mean price will go down. Developers still need to bid for the sites. And highest bid still secures. And highest bid now will still be higher than 4-5 years ago.
Ya I think you got the point. anyway when would you predict the price fall.

Unregistered
16-06-07, 20:27
I reckon it'll be around 350 - 450psf.

If its $450psf, its not ex..LC is higher than this price..

Unregistered
16-06-07, 21:48
What is LC?

Unregistered
17-06-07, 00:01
What is LC?

LC = La Casa

Unregistered
17-06-07, 00:06
btw, anyone knows what the ratio of floor plan versu actual? Usually the scale is 1:100, but seems like its not

Unregistered
17-06-07, 09:04

btw, how much is LC going for now? It was about $400psf when it was launched 2yrs ago.

Unregistered
17-06-07, 18:52
btw, how much is LC going for now? It was about $400psf when it was launched 2yrs ago.

It was abt $496psf in Oct06..for a 5th floor, 105sqm (3bedroom)

Unregistered
18-06-07, 00:35
It was abt $496psf in Oct06..for a 5th floor, 105sqm (3bedroom)

That's too expensive being an EC! You pay slightly more for TQ & get full condo status & the convienence.

Unregistered
18-06-07, 09:21
That's too expensive being an EC! You pay slightly more for TQ & get full condo status & the convienence.

Exactly, so I can't bear to buy..How can they sell so high for an EC...
Especially when the prices had went up so many times...even more ache to buy..

Unregistered
21-06-07, 17:27
Exactly, so I can't bear to buy..How can they sell so high for an EC...
Especially when the prices had went up so many times...even more ache to buy..
better buy now, even the HDB at boon keng area will be sold at S$500 psf or about $645,000 for a 5 rms flat. Wonder If the TQ will be still selling so cheap as before, would like to buy one there.

Unregistered
21-06-07, 20:58
better buy now, even the HDB at boon keng area will be sold at S$500 psf or about $645,000 for a 5 rms flat. Wonder If the TQ will be still selling so cheap as before, would like to buy one there.

Is it fair to compair these 2 areas?
one is Boon keng.
One is buangkok

Unregistered
21-06-07, 21:17

Boon Keng HDB is selling too high! With this price, most mass market will upped their price, including TQ. I don't think you can get the same price that was 1st launched. Maybe about 20% more now.

Unregistered
21-06-07, 23:31
Boon Keng HDB is selling too high! With this price, most mass market will upped their price, including TQ. I don't think you can get the same price that was 1st launched. Maybe about 20% more now.
Thanks, Please let me know what is the price during 1st launched and what is the price now? wonder when the developer will start to sell again.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 00:27

Huh? you sure Boon Keng HDB is selling so high?

Unregistered
22-06-07, 03:16
Huh? you sure Boon Keng HDB is selling so high?

it was reported in the straits times.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 03:17

it depends on the location of the property.
maybe the quartz will not sell so high because of the location.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 03:19
it depends on the location of the property.
maybe the quartz will not sell so high because of the location.

just for information.
sengkang and punggol HDB is selling at about 5K-8K above valuation.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 09:07
just for information.
sengkang and punggol HDB is selling at about 5K-8K above valuation.

Yes, it's right. I just sold my HDB flat is Sengkang for 13k above valuation. And the valuation is about 8-10% above as compared to Jan 2006.

So the overall price is about 10-15% as compared to Jan 2006.

And I just bought a unit at TQ last year when it was first launch. :-)

Unregistered
22-06-07, 10:05
Yes, it's right. I just sold my HDB flat is Sengkang for 13k above valuation. And the valuation is about 8-10% above as compared to Jan 2006.

I also bought TQ when it 1st launch last year at $490 psf. But unlike you, I have not sold my present house and am hoping to sell even more in end 2008 when TQ TOP. Alternatively, I can rent out my entire HDB as the yield is good in view of its low capital cost. Holding/investing in HDB is less risky as govenment will support it due to 80% of population living in it. No regrets and quite happy with current situation. The uptrend is sustained by the impending IR that's earmarked to be operational in 2009. Afterthat growth might not be that bullish I think.

Unregistered
22-06-07, 10:23
I also bought TQ when it 1st launch last year at $490 psf. But unlike you, I have not sold my present house and am hoping to sell even more in end 2008 when TQ TOP. Alternatively, I can rent out my entire HDB as the yield is good in view of its low capital cost. Holding/investing in HDB is less risky as govenment will support it due to 80% of population living in it. No regrets and quite happy with current situation. The uptrend is sustained by the impending IR that's earmarked to be operational in 2009. Afterthat growth might not be that bullish I think.

Same situation here. Wish I could hold 2 property but must keep at least 90K in CPF...thus no choice but to sell my Sengkang flat. Hope I can sell at better price next year :)

Unregistered
22-06-07, 10:25

13K above valuation is good sell! Which block & floor you previously staying?

Unregistered
22-06-07, 13:31
13K above valuation is good sell! Which block & floor you previously staying?

Blk 319C on a high floor

Unregistered
22-06-07, 13:43

In fact I rent out my flat before I sold it. I decided to sell it now because I notice the price is good. Nobody knows if the price will go up or down. Even if it is to go up, I think it will be small as there are just too many empty flats in Sengkang and ponggol.

As for the yield for renting out, the gross yield may be look good (4-5%). But taking into account of income tax, higher property tax and other misc, the yield is only about 3-4%. And considering the interest loss in CPF or the interest you pay to HDB or the new condo for the loan, the yield is actually about 1-2% or even less depending on the interest.
It is not worth the effort or the hassle (this is my opinion), unless you are not taking any loan.

martin wee
22-06-07, 13:45
good price for $490. not sure the block and thefloor though. i paid $584 last month for a 18th floor unit. so good for you. facing the field though..low floor selling around $521 then..that was just before they closed the bookings for next launch..

saw today's add for sub sale in ST..asking $850k for a 1141 pool facing unit..that"s $744..wonder who will buy..i would rather wait and see how the developer will price for new launch.

ht
22-06-07, 15:08
In fact I rent out my flat before I sold it. I decided to sell it now because I notice the price is good. Nobody knows if the price will go up or down. Even if it is to go up, I think it will be small as there are just too many empty flats in Sengkang and ponggol.

As for the yield for renting out, the gross yield may be look good (4-5%). But taking into account of income tax, higher property tax and other misc, the yield is only about 3-4%. And considering the interest loss in CPF or the interest you pay to HDB or the new condo for the loan, the yield is actually about 1-2% or even less depending on the interest.
It is not worth the effort or the hassle (this is my opinion), unless you are not taking any loan.

Actually, HDB flat can serve as a very good leverage. It allowed me the luxury of selling the condo I got 18 mths ago before its TOP. If I had sold my HDB sooner (which I did consider), I will be denied of the opportunity.

Just my :2cents:

Really curious how Guocoland is going to price TQ in its re-launch...

Unregistered
22-06-07, 22:37
good price for $490. not sure the block and thefloor though. i paid $584 last month for a 18th floor unit. so good for you. facing the field though..low floor selling around $521 then..that was just before they closed the bookings for next launch..

saw today's add for sub sale in ST..asking $850k for a 1141 pool facing unit..that"s $744..wonder who will buy..i would rather wait and see how the developer will price for new launch.

What is the area? which blk?

Unregistered
22-06-07, 22:52
If your HDB loan is not a lot & using only partial cpf to pay for your HDB, it would be good to rent it out. Use that cash to finance part of your condo loan together with the balance cpf. This will be a win win situation. When old age, HDB loan would be fully repaid, at least still have rental income. If condo loan is high, of course it will be better to sell off and reduce current loan amount. Really have to see if one can afford to finance 2 houses :) Not easy, especially given the CPF withdrawal limit..must watch out

ht
22-06-07, 23:42
If your HDB loan is not a lot & using only partial cpf to pay for your HDB, it would be good to rent it out. Use that cash to finance part of your condo loan together with the balance cpf. This will be a win win situation. When old age, HDB loan would be fully repaid, at least still have rental income. If condo loan is high, of course it will be better to sell off and reduce current loan amount. Really have to see if one can afford to finance 2 houses :) Not easy, especially given the CPF withdrawal limit..must watch out

You are exactly right.
I have been thinking about renting the HDB flat out as well like what you said, with due consideration of the fact that we will need to manage 2 loans. Fortunately, my HDB flat loan is not high, even then, the decision is not that straight forward.

Sound advice indeed !! :expert: :expert:

Thanks

Unregistered
23-06-07, 00:42
You are exactly right.
I have been thinking about renting the HDB flat out as well like what you said, with due consideration of the fact that we will need to manage 2 loans. Fortunately, my HDB flat loan is not high, even then, the decision is not that straight forward.

Sound advice indeed !! :expert: :expert:

Thanks

No problem :) Good that your HDB loan is not high..my bf's one is...bought at peak time...sigh...neverminid..forward looking..maybe tomorrow will strike lottery!! haha...
Btw, for how many years did you loan your condo for?

Unregistered
23-06-07, 06:18

Saw a May 07 transaction at $489 psf (THE QUARTZ $ 689,400 1,410 $ 489 05-2007 see website http://www.condo.com.sg/mycondo/urasales.cfm?condoid=2890). I think this is the new release stack 33, ie. the bigger 3 + 1 type of 131 Sqm or 1410 SqF (exact showflat layout). Very good stack as it is pool facing, NS, living room additional adjacent window view, best privacy with no side by side neighbour and also have rare secret gardens in its block. Very good pricing and hope to buy one at $498 psf or so as well. Wonder who's the lucky one?

martin wee
23-06-07, 08:31
I guess more likely sub sales. i was scouting for bigger unit last month but no more left. The May figures could be those transacted in April or earlier in March. URA only reflects those with Caveat Launch. normally it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process.

If you look at that the transcations done in May..it varies quite a fair bit. A pity it never reflects the blocks and floors...

Namehttp://spring.ura.gov.sg/images/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:ordercriteriapost('project_name'))Street Namehttp://spring.ura.gov.sg/images/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:ordercriteriapost('street_name'))Typehttp://spring.ura.gov.sg/images/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:ordercriteriapost('property_type_CODE'))Land/
Floor Area(Sqm)http://spring.ura.gov.sg/images/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:ordercriteriapost('FLOOR_LAND_AREA'))Land/
Floor Area(Sqft)http://spring.ura.gov.sg/images/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:ordercriteriapost('FLOOR_LAND_AREA'))Price($)http://spring.ura.gov.sg/images/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:ordercriteriapost('price'))Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed http://spring.ura.gov.sg/images/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:ordercriteriapost('CONTRACT_DATE'))THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 1041119710,100May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 991066574,200May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 1311410689,400May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 991066588,600May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 1061141606,600May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 981055579,600May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 1061141680,400May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 991066569,700May-07THE QUARTZCOMPASSVALE BOWCondominium 1041119707,400May-07

martin wee
23-06-07, 08:37
arhh...can't cut and paste.

please find attached link...

http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/real_estate/proj_name_transac_action.cfm

ht
23-06-07, 10:07
No problem :) Good that your HDB loan is not high..my bf's one is...bought at peak time...sigh...neverminid..forward looking..maybe tomorrow will strike lottery!! haha...
Btw, for how many years did you loan your condo for?

25 years.
I think there are differing school of thots, some of which prefer to stretch to the max loan term so that they can use funds available for other investments, while others prefer to shorten the loan to minimise the interest payments.
We are kind of in-between, we dun want to stretch too long, while we also want to keep some money (cpf and cash) for investment, such as financing 2 properties, etc.

Have a good weekend !!

Unregistered
23-06-07, 10:16

I think if you have both a HDB apartment and a private property, you can only rent out the private property and not the HDB. And then government will levy a higher property tax on the rented unit.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 10:28
I think if you have both a HDB apartment and a private property, you can only rent out the private property and not the HDB. And then government will levy a higher property tax on the rented unit.

yup, think there's some sort of regulations.
btw, you also owner of TQ?
how often do you visit TQ to see its progress?

Unregistered
23-06-07, 10:35
25 years.
I think there are differing school of thots, some of which prefer to stretch to the max loan term so that they can use funds available for other investments, while others prefer to shorten the loan to minimise the interest payments.
We are kind of in-between, we dun want to stretch too long, while we also want to keep some money (cpf and cash) for investment, such as financing 2 properties, etc.

Have a good weekend !!

OIC..but have to be careful of the withdrawal limit...longer loan terms will means hitting it faster cos of the interest payments
U must be looking forward to your Infiniti? btw, when is the TOP?

Unregistered
23-06-07, 10:55
yup, think there's some sort of regulations.
btw, you also owner of TQ?
how often do you visit TQ to see its progress?
I am not owner, but while reading through this forum I thought it's good to highlight this housing regulation so that people don't do things wrongly and then have to reverse course later when the law catches up with them. You can find more information from HDB website:

Subletting of Whole HDB Flats

Starting from 1 Oct 03, owners of all HDB flats who have occupied their flats for 15 years or more will be able to sublet their whole flat. This is irrespective of whether the flats are bought from HDB or from the resale market, and whether the flat owners have an outstanding loan from HDB. In addition, HDB flat owners who do not have an outstanding HDB loan can sublet their whole flat after occupying it for at least 10 years. Those with an outstanding HDB loan can qualify by either fully redeeming their loan or refinancing their loan with the banks.

Terms and Conditions for Subletting of Whole Flat

Application
1 Lessee must obtain HDB's prior written approval before subletting of whole flat.

2 Lessee must provide subtenants’ particulars at the time of application and inform HDB of subsequent changes.

3 An administrative fee of $20/- is charged for the processing of each application.

4 After the subletting period expires and if the lessee wishes to continue to sublet, a new application must be submitted and will be subjected to a reassessment of the eligibility of the lessees to sublet the whole flat.

5 If the lessee is overseas during the period of subletting a valid Power of Attorney is required.

Responsibility of Lessee

1 The lessee or his attorney is responsible for:

(a) Ensuring the flat is sublet to eligible subtenants only:

(b) The covenants in the lease and all infringements committed by the subtenants;

(c) Informing the Comptroller of Property Tax of the subletting and the HDB of any changes in the subletting;

(d) Surrendering vacant possession of the flat in the event that the flat is repossessed by the HDB.

(e) Ensuring that the subtenants entered Singapore and are remaining in Singapore lawfully at all times while the subletting is in force.

2 Lessee and family must resume occupation of the flat and ensure subtenants vacate the premises when the subletting is terminated or when he ceases to be eligible to sublet the whole flat.
Subtenants

1 The subtenants must be Singapore citizens, Singapore permanent residents, or non-citizens legally residing in Singapore (holders of Singapore Blue Identity Cards, Employment Passes, Work Permits or Student Passes).

2 The maximum number of subtenants allowed is 4 persons per flat for 1- and 2-room flats, 6 persons per flat for 3-room flats, and 8 persons per flat for 4-room and bigger flats.

3 The subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for:-

(a) tenants/owners who are divorced/legally separated and are able to produce documentary evidence of the divorce/legal separation. Only one of the divorced/separated parties can be a subtenant of another HDB flat;

(b) owners who are eligible to sublet their whole HDB flat. They must sublet their own flat within one month after they have rented an HDB flat from other flat lessee. They must resume occupation of their own flat if they fail to sublet the flat within the one-month period.

4 The subtenants must not be owners of any Executive Condominium units where the 5-year Minimum Occupation period has not expired.

5 The subtenants must observe and comply with all the terms, conditions and covenants of the lease and the provisions in the Housing & Development Act.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 11:12
You can find more info at HDB website under HOME OWNERS > Use And Ownership Of Flat > Subletting Your Flat / Room & Investing In Private Properties

Do take note of the policies, eligibility of flat owners and the terms & conditions.

ht
23-06-07, 16:52
OIC..but have to be careful of the withdrawal limit...longer loan terms will means hitting it faster cos of the interest payments

Yup, stated TOP is June 09, though as usual, it shd be about 6mths earlier.

Thanks to the rest for the comments and inputs about sub-letting HDB or private property.
Indeed, we will study closer the regulations, and weigh our options nearing the TOP.

But, I do know of a collegue who is staying in his condo and sub-letting his HDB...will check with him how he does it??

Unregistered
24-06-07, 01:05

Went down today to checkout the progress. They are now on 12-13th floor. They are also fitting the windows & patios frame up to 3rd floor. Seems like they are making good progress. The commericial units opp TQ has also finished with tiles laid & painted. Heard from someone that The Aspella guys will be getting their keys by month end.

Unregistered
24-06-07, 01:42
Yup, stated TOP is June 09, though as usual, it shd be about 6mths earlier.

Thanks to the rest for the comments and inputs about sub-letting HDB or private property.
Indeed, we will study closer the regulations, and weigh our options nearing the TOP.

But, I do know of a collegue who is staying in his condo and sub-letting his HDB...will check with him how he does it??

I thought official TOP is in 2010 as stated in their brochure?
6 months earlier means that TOP should be june 2009 right?

ht
24-06-07, 02:47
I thought official TOP is in 2010 as stated in their brochure?
6 months earlier means that TOP should be june 2009 right?

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring Infiniti (in response to the query), which I bought recently. I was on this thread as I was also looking at TQ, waiting for them to re-launch, until I gave up, as time is definitely on the buyer side in these times.....

Unregistered
25-06-07, 20:24
anyone knows a rough estimate on how much the Quartz can be rented out for?

Unregistered
25-06-07, 20:33
anyone knows a rough estimate on how much the Quartz can be rented out for?

Are you trying to compute property tax or assess its value? haha...
Well..I guess its $1800 at the most..not sure either...but if you do get the answer, do share :)

Unregistered
25-06-07, 20:34
Are you trying to compute property tax or assess its value? haha...
Well..I guess its $1800 at the most..not sure either...but if you do get the answer, do share :)

trying to assess its value.
$1800 is too cheap.
Was expected at least 2.5K because next to MRT

Unregistered
25-06-07, 21:31
trying to assess its value.
$1800 is too cheap.
Was expected at least 2.5K because next to MRT

I am just making wild guess..think the agent would know better...maybe $2.5K is a better guess..I hope so too ;)

Unregistered
25-06-07, 23:23
I am just making wild guess..think the agent would know better...maybe $2.5K is a better guess..I hope so too ;)

Just to share.
I rented out my 5 room flat in SengKang last year for about $1100 (fully furnished), should be able to get about $1200-$1400 now. I have a relative who rent out his unit in Rio Vista (Hougang Ave 7) for $2200 (not furished). So I think the range could be between $2200-$2600 depending on the size.
So the gross yield is about 4-6%.

Unregistered
26-06-07, 20:10
Just to share.
I rented out my 5 room flat in SengKang last year for about $1100 (fully furnished), should be able to get about $1200-$1400 now. I have a relative who rent out his unit in Rio Vista (Hougang Ave 7) for $2200 (not furished). So I think the range could be between $2200-$2600 depending on the size.
So the gross yield is about 4-6%.

How big is Rio Vista??

Unregistered
26-06-07, 20:55
I feel that TQ seems to be rather quiet in terms of advertisements...what do you all think? WOnder what's GL's strategy..

Unregistered
27-06-07, 00:01
I feel that TQ seems to be rather quiet in terms of advertisements...what do you all think? WOnder what's GL's strategy..

They are juz waiting for the right time for better yield. GL did not launch TQ at one go like The Centris or Casa Merah. They're opening in stacks hoping to leverage on the bullish market.

Unregistered
27-06-07, 00:23
If they open the new stacks for sale AND if the prices are lower than what we bought in May/June 07.

I will find my agent and kick her ass.

(kidding)

Unregistered
27-06-07, 09:48
If they open the new stacks for sale AND if the prices are lower than what we bought in May/June 07.

I will find my agent and kick her ass.

(kidding)
Please count me in, I will like to join you. HA! HA! HA!

Unregistered
27-06-07, 10:04
ya right. just wondering when will they release the new stacks..

Unregistered
27-06-07, 20:24
Please count me in, I will like to join you. HA! HA! HA!

Ha, me three!! haha..
And I will get another unit with pool view..haha!

Unregistered
27-06-07, 23:20
They are juz waiting for the right time for better yield. GL did not launch TQ at one go like The Centris or Casa Merah. They're opening in stacks hoping to leverage on the bullish market.

From recent chinese newspapers, base on sales of Casa Mera for mass market, it was mention that we won't be able to find one that is below $600psf in the next few years
I got a feeling that TQ seems to have forgotton by the market..haha
Newspaper seldom mention abt TQ except for the recent green mark award

Unregistered
28-06-07, 00:46
From recent chinese newspapers, base on sales of Casa Mera for mass market, it was mention that we won't be able to find one that is below $600psf in the next few years
I got a feeling that TQ seems to have forgotton by the market..haha
Newspaper seldom mention abt TQ except for the recent green mark award

I have a feeling it is because of the bad location(?)
buangkok is really in the middle of nowhere.

Unregistered
28-06-07, 00:48
Ha, me three!! haha..
And I will get another unit with pool view..haha!

Rich Man!!
:)

Unregistered
28-06-07, 20:10
Rich Man!!
:)

Nope, will sell off my current one..haha

Unregistered
29-06-07, 01:44
Nope, will sell off my current one..haha

how to sell when developer still have units for sale?

Unregistered
29-06-07, 19:55
how to sell when developer still have units for sale?

Different facing...guess what developers left are the more ex ones..unless they reduce to same price then :(

Unregistered
29-06-07, 21:29
Different facing...guess what developers left are the more ex ones..unless they reduce to same price then :(

I think what he/she meant was that when the stacks are released, the developers will have lots to sell.

Unregistered
29-06-07, 21:49
I think what he/she meant was that when the stacks are released, the developers will have lots to sell.

Example if a 3 bedroom highfloor without pool facing cost $530K, then for a 3 bedroom lower floor with pool facing sell at 600K...By then, dont think there will be anymore units of $500K.. I will then sell off my current at $500K and get the $600k...something like that...

Unregistered
29-06-07, 22:45
Example if a 3 bedroom highfloor without pool facing cost $530K, then for a 3 bedroom lower floor with pool facing sell at 600K...By then, dont think there will be anymore units of $500K.. I will then sell off my current at $500K and get the $600k...something like that...

Then i sell of my 600K non pool facing at 650K and buy from you at 500K.

Unregistered
29-06-07, 23:50
Then i sell of my 600K non pool facing at 650K and buy from you at 500K.

haha...by that time, who will buy 650K for your non pool facing? They must well buy the pool facing at 600K
How big is ur 3room? which floor? U bought at 600K?

Unregistered
30-06-07, 00:03
How to post photots here?

53#03-05
30-06-07, 00:19
We should all united and write a petition to MP,suggesting a shopping mall there!gather our strength together and voice up!Remember the 'WHITE ELEPHANT' case @ Bungkok MRT!Govt. always don't like to plan ahead for development until when they think they need it,then they do something about it!We should knock sense to their thinking earlier so by the time T.O.P,full facilities will be all completed including HDB ard TQ.....WE WANT SHOPPING MALL!!!!!Come on bros n sis,VOICE UP,VOICE UP!!!!!!

Unregistered
30-06-07, 01:01
We should all united and write a petition to MP,suggesting a shopping mall there!gather our strength together and voice up!Remember the 'WHITE ELEPHANT' case @ Bungkok MRT!Govt. always don't like to plan ahead for development until when they think they need it,then they do something about it!We should knock sense to their thinking earlier so by the time T.O.P,full facilities will be all completed including HDB ard TQ.....WE WANT SHOPPING MALL!!!!!Come on bros n sis,VOICE UP,VOICE UP!!!!!!

HEY! I will join in!! haha...I WANT SHOPPING MALL TOO!
AND IT MUST BE A HUGE ONE!!

Unregistered
30-06-07, 14:00
haha...by that time, who will buy 650K for your non pool facing? They must well buy the pool facing at 600K
How big is ur 3room? which floor? U bought at 600K?

We'll see.

Unregistered
30-06-07, 22:43
We'll see.

Shouldn't say this...cos we all hope that price will increase instead of decreasing...haha

Unregistered
30-06-07, 23:35
Shouldn't say this...cos we all hope that price will increase instead of decreasing...haha
hope to increase if you have 2 houses, and i belive most of the owners of TQ have. How i wish i am like you guys.

Unregistered
01-07-07, 01:19
hope to increase if you have 2 houses, and i belive most of the owners of TQ have. How i wish i am like you guys.

Currently you not staying in own house? Will most probably sell away the HDB after TOP or a yr later

Unregistered
01-07-07, 04:03

no. should say..
because i agree that we hope the price will go up.

I bought high floor (above 15 floor) for about 600K.
when the new stacks are released, i hope (and feel that) the pool facing units will not be 600K. hopefully much more.

For you to sell at 500K, i will gladly buy from you and sell my unit.
Hopefully you can get a pool facing unit at 600K.
If you can manage to do this, means that the price has not shot up much at all

ERA
01-07-07, 09:02
Dear Invester

THE QUARTZ CONDOMINIUM---3 MIN TO BUANGKOK MRT

Tenure : Leasehold 99 years
Expected TOP Date : 30 June 2010

A new shinning gem in Buangkok where life begins! With its modetrn features and stylish landscaping, The Quartz is respledent with a dazzling array of recreational facilities you can imagine!

Located just 3 minutes from Buangkok MRT & minutes from shopping malls, library, bus interchange, good primary & secondary schools and quick access to city via major expressways.

The Quartz comprises 625 untis, spread over 9 blocks of 17, 18 & 19 storey condominium units.

Price range psf from 550-700psf

Call Derrick from ERA Real Estate at HP 83330279 or email [email protected]

J Chan
01-07-07, 09:06
Compass Heights

4 bedroom Penthouse.
High floor, Niice view.
above Sengkang MRT, next to Compass Point.
Asking $1.5 million.

Interested please call Janice 9437 7535.

Unregistered
01-07-07, 09:24
Dear Invester

THE QUARTZ CONDOMINIUM---3 MIN TO BUANGKOK MRT

Tenure : Leasehold 99 years
Expected TOP Date : 30 June 2010

A new shinning gem in Buangkok where life begins! With its modetrn features and stylish landscaping, The Quartz is respledent with a dazzling array of recreational facilities you can imagine!

Located just 3 minutes from Buangkok MRT & minutes from shopping malls, library, bus interchange, good primary & secondary schools and quick access to city via major expressways.

The Quartz comprises 625 untis, spread over 9 blocks of 17, 18 & 19 storey condominium units.

Price range psf from 550-700psf

Call Derrick from ERA Real Estate at HP 83330279 or email [email protected]
Are you now saying that the new launch or just doing the sub-sales? where do you get the price range from? Can i buy from developer?

Unregistered
01-07-07, 13:59
Compass Heights

4 bedroom Penthouse.
High floor, Niice view.
above Sengkang MRT, next to Compass Point.
Asking $1.5 million.

Interested please call Janice 9437 7535.
Are you owner or agent? Maybe i want to buy TQ since the developer not selling anymore.Thanks

J Chow
01-07-07, 23:23
The Rivervale Condo 3+1
2 units available
Owner migrating
Full condo facilities
High floor
Pool view
Unblock
Vacant unit
600m from Buangkok MRT
Next to school
1295 sqft / 1302 sqft
Good layout
Renovated
$650k

Jimmy Chow
9232-8936

CH Specialist
01-07-07, 23:27
Compass Heights
2 units, 3 rooms, 1324sqft: $750k
1 unit, 4+1 rooms, 1551 sqft: $880k

9199-7946 / 9758-1133 / 9231-5244

E Tay
01-07-07, 23:30
The Rivervale
1259 sqft
$620k

Evan Tay: 9186-5855

Observer.
01-07-07, 23:38
Wah liao erh!

Can somebody create separate threads for The Rivervale and Compass Heights please?

Thank you!

Unregistered
01-07-07, 23:49
its those agents trying to sell their customer's units.

Registered
01-07-07, 23:54
its those agents trying to sell their customer's units.

Can somebody create threads for The Rivervale and Compass Heights and shift the relevant postings to the different threads?

Unregistered
02-07-07, 00:01
Aiyo,now agents advertising here..weird..

Unregistered
02-07-07, 03:09

shopping mall is not enough.
shopping mall with a cineplex!
now we are talking

Unregistered
02-07-07, 09:48
Dear agents, please do not post anything that's not pertaining to The Quartz!

Unregistered
02-07-07, 13:25
shopping mall is not enough.
shopping mall with a cineplex!
now we are talking

Agree! We need one with shopping mall, Cineplex, Food mall, Library, banks, what else huh?? something like what Tampines is having...This will attract people to stay

Unregistered
02-07-07, 14:18
Agree! We need one with shopping mall, Cineplex, Food mall, Library, banks, what else huh?? something like what Tampines is having...This will attract people to stay

too greedy ! too greedy! :)

but seriously folks. I have lived in this area for more than 10 years.
Food malls, library, banks - hougang mall and compasspoint have.

For this area of hougang, sengkang and punggol, there is not a single cineplex/cinema.

PRAY ! PRAY !

Unregistered
02-07-07, 14:53
too greedy ! too greedy! :)

but seriously folks. I have lived in this area for more than 10 years.
Food malls, library, banks - hougang mall and compasspoint have.

For this area of hougang, sengkang and punggol, there is not a single cineplex/cinema.

PRAY ! PRAY !

The area opp TQ is reserved for future residential based on previous Master Plan. Let's hope they will review again for the upcoming Master Plan. :)

Unregistered
02-07-07, 15:34
The area opp TQ is reserved for future residential based on previous Master Plan. Let's hope they will review again for the upcoming Master Plan. :)

hmmm..like this....hmmm...

maybe another condo.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 16:52
Oh No...Better not another Condo or residential HDB!Or else TQ will be worthless!Shopping mall is the best with a cineplex cater for NORTHEAST residents.......Hope the MPs will hear our voice and change the developing plan.Anyone know the proper channel to make this suggestion to reach the authority?

Unregistered
02-07-07, 17:51
Oh No...Better not another Condo or residential HDB!Or else TQ will be worthless!Shopping mall is the best with a cineplex cater for NORTHEAST residents.......Hope the MPs will hear our voice and change the developing plan.Anyone know the proper channel to make this suggestion to reach the authority?

most likely even after TOP, the open fields will still be a open field.

If this educated guess is not true, someone will already have started work.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 19:48

You sure the area opp TQ is reserved for future residential in Masterplan?
THought someone say only a small area far away is for Mosque..

Unregistered
02-07-07, 19:53
most likely even after TOP, the open fields will still be a open field.

If this educated guess is not true, someone will already have started work.
It will not be an open field, as the MRT station is just located there. they will not waste it just like that. I guess they may want to build a shopping and financial hub like tampines for this area to attract more people to come and stay. I heard that the next place to promote will be in punggol area as there is sea side and good place for food.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 20:03
It will not be an open field, as the MRT station is just located there. they will not waste it just like that. I guess they may want to build a shopping and financial hub like tampines for this area to attract more people to come and stay. I heard that the next place to promote will be in punggol area as there is sea side and good place for food.

where did you get your information from?
(hopefully not from TQ housing agents).

I hope what you say is true. however, dont you think that hougang mall and compasspoint is too near for this to happen?

Unregistered
02-07-07, 21:33

I hope what you say is true. however, dont you think that hougang mall and compasspoint is too near for this to happen?

I'm not the person who you ask where the info is from
But just my feel that look at Simei & Tampines, or other neighbourhood..its the trend to have a shopping mall at every MRT or housing estate..

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:09
You sure the area opp TQ is reserved for future residential in Masterplan?
THought someone say only a small area far away is for Mosque..

Please follow this link to see that it's plan for residential.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/ppd/mp2003/download/northeast/residential.pdf

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:24
I'm not the person who you ask where the info is from
But just my feel that look at Simei & Tampines, or other neighbourhood..its the trend to have a shopping mall at every MRT or housing estate..
Ya ,you are right, every MRT there will have a shopping Buangkok will have a BIG ONE as compare to compass point and hougang mall , same as semei and Tampines Mall, Tampines Mall is much bigger than the one at semei.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:28
Please follow this link to see that it's plan for residential.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/ppd/mp2003/download/northeast/residential.pdf
I think there will be a good mix of shopping and residential, because there are too many of residential already. The resident also need to shop and a potential for the businesses for shop also.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:29

Buangkok have too many houses there, so is a waste not to have anything to shop.

Unregistered
02-07-07, 23:57
Buangkok have too many houses there, so is a waste not to have anything to shop.

Let's keep our finger crossed for the next Mater Plan 2008.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 00:00
Let's keep our finger crossed for the next Mater Plan 2008.
Is there going to be one?

Unregistered
03-07-07, 00:13
In URA's press release today:

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Hedging Dude
03-07-07, 10:52
In URA's press release today:

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Wah! Like that ah!
Maybe I will buy 1 unit in The Quartz.

If developer is not selling, I will buy the neighbouring The Rivervale.

The Rivervale
03-07-07, 10:56
Wah! Like that ah!
Maybe I will buy 1 unit in The Quartz.

If developer is not selling, I will buy the neighbouring The Rivervale.

The Rivervale is good too.
The Quartz is 100m from Buangkok MRT.
The Rivervale is 600m from Buangkok MRT.

400 psf vs 600 psf.
The Rivervale is 34% cheaper.
In 3-4 years' time, it will be a full condo. Foreigners will be able to buy then. Now only citizens and PRs can buy.
But then who cares, foreigners don't normally buy condo here.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 13:10

400 psf vs 600 psf.
In 3-4 years' time, it will be a full condo. Foreigners will be able to buy then. Now only citizens and PRs can buy.

unless there are units direct..else cant buy & no grant, I think..

Observer.
03-07-07, 13:15

You are buying a condo, just like The Quartz, Compass Heights.
Grant for what?

Grant is for first-time condo buyer under the EC scheme when The Rivervale is first launched in 2000. Now The Rivervale is just another condo except foreigners can only buy in 3-4 years' time.

District 19
03-07-07, 13:19

Of course can buy.
No grant though. Anyway, condo buyer don't need grant.
Please note that you can only sell to foreigners from July 2010 onwards.

Check the classified for units available and the URA website for recently transacted prices.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:01
You are buying a condo, just like The Quartz, Compass Heights.
Grant for what?

Grant is for first-time condo buyer under the EC scheme when The Rivervale is first launched in 2000. Now The Rivervale is just another condo except foreigners can only buy in 3-4 years' time.

OIC..I thought Rivervale is still under EC
Don't know much abt all these restrictions

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:05
OIC..I thought Rivervale is still under EC
Don't know much abt all these restrictions
why don't you buy TQ, near to MRT and brand new house.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:20

But at around $650 psf!
Compare that to $400 psf!

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:22

Bought already last year...I am telling the person on Rivervale

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:29

400 psf vs 600 psf.

EC will depreciate faster than condo. Juz my 2 cents.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:41
EC will depreciate faster than condo. Juz my 2 cents.
Why???????

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:51
Why???????

B'cos ppl know you got grant from Govt when buying...so eventually they will ask for a lower resale price. This happened to my friend staying in the north. He bought $6.2K after grant...but only able to sell at $500k. Of course the market condition plays a part. I guess EC will be a good choice if the market is at the peak as most ppl cannot afford a condo by then. But now since the price has not gone sky high, more advisable to go for condo.

Unregistered
03-07-07, 23:59

400 psf vs 600 psf.

Foreigners WILL buy condo in the north east. That's b'cos very soon Seletar will become an aerospace hub.

Observer.
04-07-07, 00:26
Foreigners WILL buy condo in the north east. That's b'cos very soon Seletar will become an aerospace hub.

Seletar Aerospace Hub ready in 3 years' time?
Just nice.
The Rivervale will become a full condo in 3 years' time.

Market Watcher
04-07-07, 00:27
B'cos ppl know you got grant from Govt when buying...so eventually they will ask for a lower resale price. This happened to my friend staying in the north. He bought $6.2K after grant...but only able to sell at $500k. Of course the market condition plays a part. I guess EC will be a good choice if the market is at the peak as most ppl cannot afford a condo by then. But now since the price has not gone sky high, more advisable to go for condo.

If I know you got a discount from developer, should I press you for a lower price?
It doesn't work this way. The price is determined by the market.

Unregistered
04-07-07, 11:51

Which area? Woodlands?
BTW, for property now even for freehold, it will not appreciate unless you get town or maybe small property with lesser units where enbloc is possible, else property will depreciate. BUT the question is by how much only. That's what I feel.

Unregistered
05-07-07, 15:25
Which area? Woodlands?
BTW, for property now even for freehold, it will not appreciate unless you get town or maybe small property with lesser units where enbloc is possible, else property will depreciate. BUT the question is by how much only. That's what I feel.

can reveal why you say so?

Unregistered
05-07-07, 23:04
can reveal why you say so?

cos I searched the prices of freehold condo at Flora rd/drive..east side..when I wanted to get Ferraria Park..but realise that condos arouond that area did not increase in prices. I also look at prices of other 99yrs condos in other areas, seems like it didnt increase too.. This is just my feel...trend may be going otherwise now.

Unregistered
06-07-07, 11:51
spoke to the agent. new stacks should be releasing end of this month. no details yet though. would be interesting to see how the developer going to price it...

Unregistered
06-07-07, 12:02
spoke to the agent. new stacks should be releasing end of this month. no details yet though. would be interesting to see how the developer going to price it...

Is it together with the new showflat? actual units?

Unregistered
06-07-07, 15:01
suppose so..else no reason to take up to 2 months for new show flats..unless deliberately holding back in anticipation of releasing at a higher price..

Unregistered
06-07-07, 21:04
suppose so..else no reason to take up to 2 months for new show flats..unless deliberately holding back in anticipation of releasing at a higher price..
I called the developer recently they told me that they re-do the present showroom for the new launch. I think they are asking for higher price.

Unregistered
06-07-07, 21:27
Which area? Woodlands?

Have you heard of Farrer court, a huge HUDC 99-yr leasehold 29 yr-old project? It is a huge developemnt, not small property with lesser unit. Less than 12 months ago, each unit transacted at 900K which was at a recent high already. The project just enbloc for a record 1.3 billion and each unit get at least 2.3 million.

Unfortunately, the party is pretty much over. All the old run down condos even in non prime locations are asking for the sky. Prine grove and pandan valley are two examples that I know of. Units in these two places are asking to close to two millions. I think it is not worthy taking the risk at all.

Registered
07-07-07, 00:09
One 1,334sqft 3bedder at The Rivervale just sold at $580k.

Wow! Buangkok MRT is getting hot!

Unregistered
07-07-07, 00:16
One 1,334sqft 3bedder at The Rivervale just sold at $580k.

Wow! Buangkok MRT is getting hot!

How much profit the owner pocketed huh?

Registered
07-07-07, 02:43

7-years-old property. How would anyone know?

Unregistered
07-07-07, 04:37
I think not much, after bank interest and $580K for 1334 sqft is not expensive.

Unregistered
07-07-07, 09:44
rivervale condo or crest. the former is EC. while i was shopping around a 1141 sq ft 3 bed room at crest asking 530K just last month..pool view tho. i offered 525 but owner rejected. ended up at quartz as a result.

Unregistered
08-07-07, 10:25
rivervale condo or crest. the former is EC. while i was shopping around a 1141 sq ft 3 bed room at crest asking 530K just last month..pool view tho. i offered 525 but owner rejected. ended up at quartz as a result.

which floor is $530K??

Unregistered
08-07-07, 10:31
on the 9th floor

Unregistered
08-07-07, 11:47
on the 9th floor

Unregistered
08-07-07, 13:45

Good choice. Better location, full condo & new!

Unregistered
08-07-07, 21:33
high floor and slightly bigger but a hefty sum of $170K more..impressed by the layout and facilities..but main reason along MRT main line and not LRT..opportunity to fetch better rental..

the unit i interested at Rivervale Crest was dark and gloomy..viewed twice to confirm ..once in the late morning and the mid afternoon...

Unregistered
09-07-07, 13:08
high floor and slightly bigger but a hefty sum of $170K more..impressed by the layout and facilities..but main reason along MRT main line and not LRT..opportunity to fetch better rental..

the unit i interested at Rivervale Crest was dark and gloomy..viewed twice to confirm ..once in the late morning and the mid afternoon...

just curious.
would you take dark and gloomy or sunside hitting your backside everyday?

Ivan DW
09-07-07, 14:02
Compass Heights
3bedrms. Super Convenience, High Floor, Totally Unblock, Shopping Mall, MRT, LRT, and Bus Interchange, 1324sqf all right at your doorstep. Asking $750k NEG.

Unregistered
09-07-07, 15:30
saw 1 unit in may this year...i think slightly above 1,300 sq feet. 650K negotiable then..

Didn't quite like cos...above mrt and interchange..no land....all sitting on others..

Unregistered
09-07-07, 16:06
just curious.
would you take dark and gloomy or sunside hitting your backside everyday?

Depending on the price & how bad is the sunside..
Actually I prefer sunlight but not direct

Unregistered
09-07-07, 22:00
can someone post a message if the showflat is open..thanks :)

Unregistered
09-07-07, 22:06
agreed.... bad feng sui if dark and gloomy..bear in mind..u can't sun ur clothings in condos..all need to be done in door..of cos you can use dryer but need to air as well..otherwise, will be stale..

Unregistered
09-07-07, 22:52
agreed.... bad feng sui if dark and gloomy..bear in mind..u can't sun ur clothings in condos..all need to be done in door..of cos you can use dryer but need to air as well..otherwise, will be stale..

I think most likely will be above the aircon ledge. But guess I will place the stand at the balcony :P small one though

Unregistered
10-07-07, 00:34
i got no planter.

i was wondering where to dry my clothes.

:(

Unregistered
10-07-07, 09:18
If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

1. Scrap deferred payment schemes and return to progressive payments.

2. No bank loan amount above 80% of property value.

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 09:48
i got no planter.

i was wondering where to dry my clothes.

:(
no planter ah..must be 18th floor and above..

use tumble dyer lar.. had 1 for the last 10 years..same rules apply..cannot hang outside..though i have a small service yard to air after drying..

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:03
If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

2. No bank loan amount above 80% of property value.

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

Then you should feedback to Govt..Think MOF has a website that has this game, if you are the Minister for Finance...what will you do...

But your rulings will restrict Singapore from growing & foreign investors will have 2nd thought of coming to Singapore.
Capital gain taxable for property..I think the rules still applies?? Can't remember..

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:06
no planter ah..must be 18th floor and above..

use tumble dyer lar.. had 1 for the last 10 years..same rules apply..cannot hang outside..though i have a small service yard to air after drying..

Then no choice, hang at the aircon ledge there...think its common to do those retractable hanger (don know how they call that)

Wow...seems like everyone is excited :)

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:16
yup..i knew what you meant.

couple of hundreds only..good choice..

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:19
Then you should feedback to Govt..Think MOF has a website that has this game, if you are the Minister for Finance...what will you do...

But your rulings will restrict Singapore from growing & foreign investors will have 2nd thought of coming to Singapore.
Capital gain taxable for property..I think the rules still applies?? Can't remember..

No capital gains tax anymore. But your point on not being too friendly to foreigners is a good point. So scaling the suggestions to:

2. Capital gain tax of 10 to 15% for sale of property bought within the last 1 year.

3. Luxury tax of 5% for those who bought property above $2500 psf or $5 million per unit. This is a way to give back to society.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 11:57
yup..i knew what you meant.

couple of hundreds only..good choice..

which blk u staying? on which floor? when did you purchase it?

Registered
10-07-07, 12:05
No capital gains tax anymore. But your point on not being too friendly to foreigners is a good point. So scaling the suggestions to:

The interesting question is which authority will implement the scrapping. Property developers are not under MAS since they are not financial institutions. hence the only avenue MAS could do was to monitor/intervene via banks extending loans to property developers. Maybe this falls under Ministry of Finance purview...

2. Capital gain tax of 10 to 15% for sale of property bought within the last 1 year.

Govt implemented cap gains in 90s then removed it few years ago. For them to reinstate this may seem too much of a flip-flop. Not very pro-investor friendly to keep doing this.

3. Luxury tax of 5% for those who bought property above $2500 psf or $5 million per unit. This is a way to give back to society.

Not sure how much government wants to be perceived to be practicing discriminated taxing esp if they're cutting highest income tax bracket to attract talent i.e.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 12:07
Collected the cheque from the developer, asked when the next launch for TQ. No news yet, waiting for prices to be adjusted. Hope they will launch soon before the bubble burst. Anyone know how is the progress for TQ ? have not been there for a while.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 14:32
How come you are collecting cheque from developer?

I went there yesterday, no construction work on Sat/Sun I presume, but seems to be building active. The Guoco website recently updated with Jun's pictures.

It's scary why developer is holding on for so long. And they keep mentioning that they are revising the prices.

Unregistered
15-07-07, 14:35
almost 11th storey for some blocks. howcome, you can collect cheque from developer? btw, if i am developer will probably launch in line with market trend..so should be soon and collect the first 20% and pay to building contractors. my feeling might be progrssive payment rather than deferred for next phase..

Unregistered
15-07-07, 22:50
How come you are collecting cheque from developer?

I went there yesterday, no construction work on Sat/Sun I presume, but seems to be building active. The Guoco website recently updated with Jun's pictures.

It's scary why developer is holding on for so long. And they keep mentioning that they are revising the prices.
I got the unit with special discount during the time when the prices are not so hot.Last mintues decision to buy on the last day of special discount.

Went there today to view, seem that the progress is so fast, look like can move in next year.

ht
15-07-07, 23:29
I got the unit with special discount during the time when the prices are not so hot.Last mintues decision to buy on the last day of special discount.

Went there today to view, seem that the progress is so fast, look like can move in next year.

Mind sharing what psf was that ??

Unregistered
16-07-07, 00:17

When did you purchase it? So you paid more and they give u back the discount?

Unregistered
16-07-07, 00:19

yup, that's what I feel too..may get TOP next year, maybe Q3..

Unregistered
16-07-07, 04:25
yup, that's what I feel too..may get TOP next year, maybe Q3..

dont think it will be so soon.
swimming pool, carpark, gym, ponds, gardens - all not done yet.

even the windows, floor tiles, etc etc. not done.

i am still expected mid 2009

Unregistered
16-07-07, 18:57
dont think it will be so soon.
swimming pool, carpark, gym, ponds, gardens - all not done yet.

even the windows, floor tiles, etc etc. not done.

i am still expected mid 2009

But base on sign board, they need to complete by Sep08..unless they can extend

Unregistered
16-07-07, 22:34
Mind sharing what psf was that ??
Was about S$500 psf

Unregistered
16-07-07, 22:38
When did you purchase it? So you paid more and they give u back the discount?
somewhere in march. I think so...maybe they sell at the high side and give discount.

ht
16-07-07, 22:41
Was about S$500 psf

Thanks, I think it's a pretty good price you paid.

Dun think can get this kind of price for the re-launch though....:mad: :mad:

Unregistered
17-07-07, 03:10
But base on sign board, they need to complete by Sep08..unless they can extend

does completion by sep 2008(sign board) actually means it is TOP?
or are there any other procedures,inspections or other stuff the developers need to do?
anyone knows?

Thanks!

Unregistered
17-07-07, 11:58
does completion by sep 2008(sign board) actually means it is TOP?
or are there any other procedures,inspections or other stuff the developers need to do?
anyone knows?

Thanks!

TOP will come about 6-9 months after completion.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 13:56

oic..still have to wait for at least another 6mths..

Unregistered
17-07-07, 21:02

The contractor need to obtain TOP within the contract period which is sep 08. If not the developer can impose LD.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 21:31
The contractor need to obtain TOP within the contract period which is sep 08. If not the developer can impose LD.
What do you mean by LD? Thank you

Unregistered
17-07-07, 21:36
Thanks, I think it's a pretty good price you paid.

Dun think can get this kind of price for the re-launch though....:mad: :mad:
Did you got one for yourself?

Unregistered
17-07-07, 23:28
What do you mean by LD? Thank you

Liquidated damages

ht
18-07-07, 00:08
Did you got one for yourself?

nope, by the time i went down, they just closed the showroom, agent say she can't accept cheque anymore.
I eventually got infiniti, but i am keen to still have a look at TQ, if only the price do not jump too much.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 10:44
Was about S$500 psf

What was the area & which floor?

Unregistered
18-07-07, 21:16
What was the area & which floor?
About 1141 sq ft low floor

Unregistered
18-07-07, 21:18
Liquidated damages
Thank you for your reply

Unregistered
18-07-07, 22:29
About 1141 sq ft low floor

got pool view? good buy though..u must be happy

Unregistered
18-07-07, 23:08
got pool view? good buy though..u must be happy
no pool view lah... very happy, because i may afford to buy one now if the prices keep going up. Thank you

Unregistered
18-07-07, 23:18
no pool view lah... very happy, because i may afford to buy one now if the prices keep going up. Thank you

where u staying now?

Unregistered
24-07-07, 10:35
Spoke to the developer. the relaunch will be this month. hence, likely to be this weekend as next will be august already. no idicative pricing though.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 20:07
where u staying now?
hougang area

Unregistered
24-07-07, 20:09
Spoke to the developer. the relaunch will be this month. hence, likely to be this weekend as next will be august already. no idicative pricing though.
heard that the price range will be around S$700 to S$750 psf

Unregistered
24-07-07, 20:09

Unregistered
24-07-07, 23:01

Who told u this price range?

ht
24-07-07, 23:06
Who told u this price range?

I think nothing is firm. I was told by an agent who called me 2 days ago that it should be between $650K-$700K psf.

Your guess is as good as mine, will have to wait and see.

But, this kind of price makes TQ a little too pricey, not sure if it will command the same demand with the new pricing.

Good luck to those who bought before they closed shop, your condo is worth 100K psf more !!!

Unregistered
10-03-08, 11:41
when will the new showflat be open??

Unregistered
10-03-08, 13:43
After looking around recently at other developments, the conclusion is, TQ is still the best buy. Next to MRT, 3 bedrooms and reasonable price (compared to other similar developments). The MRT factor is the biggest draw considering the ever soaring petroleum prices.

Unregistered
10-03-08, 22:16
when will the new showflat be open??

Check with agent already. it will launch this coming weekend. must go down to see the new actual unit show room..

Unregistered
10-03-08, 22:19
After looking around recently at other developments, the conclusion is, TQ is still the best buy. Next to MRT, 3 bedrooms and reasonable price (compared to other similar developments). The MRT factor is the biggest draw considering the ever soaring petroleum prices.

Agree. Where can u find a brand new condo, near to MRT at $750/sq ft. Even waterfront waves are selling at $800+ /sqft and must wait untill 2012...

Unregistered
10-03-08, 22:35
That's right. The choice unit facing the Punggol Park was not released in earlier sale, otherwise I would have gotten it. Wonder if developer would dampen the price increases given the slow-down in the property mkt lately.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 11:54
Check with agent already. it will launch this coming weekend. must go down to see the new actual unit show room..

U confirm it will be launch this weekend? The actual showflat will be ready then?

Unregistered
11-03-08, 12:54
Agree. Where can u find a brand new condo, near to MRT at $750/sq ft. Even waterfront waves are selling at $800+ /sqft and must wait untill 2012...
Price will crash to about 600 psf which is more reasonable.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 16:36
Price will crash to about 600 psf which is more reasonable.

Is there any condo which is selling at this psf?

Unregistered
11-03-08, 19:30
Is there any condo which is selling at this psf?

For new ones, the quartz is the most reasonable and affordable. But u can get resell ones at a cheaper price if u want.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 19:33
Price will crash to about 600 psf which is more
reasonable.

U can wait long long. So many property transactions (private and public ones) taking place in singapore now, u think our government will let the mrkt crash??

Unregistered
11-03-08, 19:34
U confirm it will be launch this weekend? The actual showflat will be ready then?

Yes, its confirmed.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 19:36
That's right. The choice unit facing the Punggol Park was not released in earlier sale, otherwise I would have gotten it. Wonder if developer would dampen the price increases given the slow-down in the property mkt lately.

Dont think so. Properties like KM still selling quite high and yet its resell.

I think it will be around $800/sqft all most same as WaterFront wave.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 19:38
Got Mrt, sure good buy.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 20:34
The Quartz near by new HDB blocks are private home look also.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 22:15
Got Mrt, sure good buy.

This weekend show flat ready, our family is planning to get one unit if price is right...

Unregistered
11-03-08, 22:16
The Quartz near by new HDB blocks are private home look also.
ya, sengkang and punggol will be upgraded and improved to a better place. great for new couple.

Unregistered
11-03-08, 22:17
Yes, its confirmed.

must go see see look look

Unregistered
11-03-08, 22:18
Think will be higher. should be around $800. congrats to early buyers.

Unregistered
12-03-08, 01:11
Think will be higher. should be around $800. congrats to early buyers.

Is this confirmed?

Unregistered
12-03-08, 01:36
Is this confirmed?

I would think that $800psf is a bit high..maybe $780 or lesser for pool facing units and $720max for those non pool facing. My personal opinion not agent or developer

Unregistered
12-03-08, 21:54
Question for buyers is whether to buy now or wait ??

Unregistered
12-03-08, 22:09

Price level is already rock bottom now. There are no reason to delay your purchase. It's either now or never.

Unregistered
12-03-08, 22:23

You will never buy if you wait. Even if it dip 20%, you will still wait. Because, you will afraid it goes down 30%, 40% or even 50%. But the fact is, mass market condo will not dip. (Especially near MRT) It will raise 10% to 20% this year. And should contine going till completion of IR.... So in the end, still didn't buy...

Unregistered
12-03-08, 22:54
so how much is a 3br unit now? what is the psf, anyone know?

Unregistered
12-03-08, 23:18
You will never buy if you wait. Even if it dip 20%, you will still wait. Because, you will afraid it goes down 30%, 40% or even 50%. But the fact is, mass market condo will not dip. (Especially near MRT) It will raise 10% to 20% this year. And should contine going till completion of IR.... So in the end, still didn't buy...
Those who wants to buy will buy, those kia see one will wait.

Unregistered
12-03-08, 23:20
so how much is a 3br unit now? what is the psf, anyone know?

Should be around $750 to $800 per sqft. I think cheapest in today's market.

Unregistered
12-03-08, 23:22
Price level is already rock bottom now. There are no reason to delay your purchase. It's either now or never.

Agree, now or never. After TOP next yr, it will go up to $850 to 900 per sqft.

Unregistered
12-03-08, 23:25

Those who chose to wait, will not buy one lah. Cos they cannot take risk.

Wait,wait,wait.... Wait until hair turn white also dont buy. By that time, got money buy but cannot enjoy the facilities...cos no more energy.

Unregistered
12-03-08, 23:28
Is this confirmed?

Just pop by the showroom and see for urself lah.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:30
Eh, you Buangkok, punggol assholes, stick to your thread and don't go to our side and shit in our homes. I am giving you guys a stern warning. Our forummers and supporters are way way many compared to yours.

Don't corrupt our thread if not you will be spammed so badly that you will crawl into a hole and cry. One chance for you.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 00:39
Heard that the developer will revise the price to about $1,000psf very soon. Those that have missed out better start buying before it is too late.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 10:42
hope the TOP will come sooner. looking forward to moving in asap.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 10:47
hope the TOP will come sooner. looking forward to moving in asap.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 12:54
Just pop by the showroom and see for urself lah.

Don't know what will be the response when they re-launch TQ this Sat? Will they still use the same marketing tactics as before. No advertisement and no publicity. Hope they can change their usual pattern as the market sentiment is still bad.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 12:56
Heard the developer raising to $1500psf, better buy now before the prices go higher than Marina bay residences.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 13:02
Should be around $750 to $800 per sqft. I think cheapest in today's market.

Yes. I also check with the ERA agent. They said pricing now are in the range of $750 onwards. Not sure whether they will revise the pricing again this Sat. They want to see the response first. Heard that sub sales for non choice unit are around $680 onwards.

With the 50% increased in construction costs now(i.e. construction costs - $300 PSF for mass market condo) and higher in the next few years (source :- Today newspaper), don't think pricing for mass market condo (near MRT) will dip to $700 in the near future. So, it should be time to seriously look into buying if you have the budget to do so now.