PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

flanderman
08-03-09, 22:46
Yup...true...else wealth will 'escape'..
btw, u need to worship any reglion?
So far you got how many quotes?

I dun hv to.... although im technically do have a religion..
So far only one, so-so only.. not really to my expectation yet. Waiting for another (my old place was done by them). I have email one.. but till today no reply after i got one sms from the person that, will get back to me (i thk is kiam chai liao). So i m still trying to look for who should i approach... but not too many i thk...

Arrghh.... I really hate this process - from looking for ID, to reno, to buy things, to move in...

flanderman
08-03-09, 22:52
what's your quote for bay window, what material?
I find our bathrooms basin, really cannot make it..but will be wasteful to re-do it..and also not much place to put our toiletries..most condos will do a cabinet behind the mirror..

Bay window, they quoted me $2970!!!!! for installion of PVC cushion of three bedrooms (total of 33ft).... I almost fell off the chair... But i really dun know wats the 'right' market rate..... I am also conisdering for laminate or solid surface...

I also not gonna change the basin or watever... save the money... (in anyway.. when i wake up in the morning, i probably be too zombie to notice the basin design.. hehe.....).

But I m gonna have a piece of glass screen to screen the tub area, cos i saw from the show flat... the shower will probably cos water to splash out of the tub area.. and the toilet door is jus next to it....

Cot
08-03-09, 22:53
I dun hv to.... although im technically do have a religion..
So far only one, so-so only.. not really to my expectation yet. Waiting for another (my old place was done by them). I have email one.. but till today no reply after i got one sms from the person that, will get back to me (i thk is kiam chai liao). So i m still trying to look for who should i approach... but not too many i thk...

Arrghh.... I really hate this process - from looking for ID, to reno, to buy things, to move in...

Me too..and I'm trying to look at all the ID website, to see their previous portfolios...before I can trust my house to them..haha...;)
I have been looking for an 'idea' sofa...but haven't really found one yet...
Have you been looking around? where did you go? I went to IFM, don't like it..find the designs look kind of 'old'... Went to parkmall...now xtra having sale..saw a 2 seater sofa, but cost $1.9K, now having sale...
Others can cost up till 5digit!! Crazy!!

Cot
08-03-09, 22:56
Bay window, they quoted me $2970!!!!! for installion of PVC cushion of three bedrooms (total of 33ft).... I almost fell off the chair... But i really dun know wats the 'right' market rate..... I am also conisdering for laminate or solid surface...

I also not gonna change the basin or watever... save the money... (in anyway.. when i wake up in the morning, i probably be too zombie to notice the basin design.. hehe.....).

But I m gonna have a piece of glass screen to screen the tub area, cos i saw from the show flat... the shower will probably cos water to splash out of the tub area.. and the toilet door is jus next to it....

Me too, will do the glass screen on the tub area..It is a must, else our bathroom floor will be flooded with water! But those sliding doors, will accumulate dirt..a bit difficult to clean...I'm still thinking of the design..
:) My home must be maintenace free..err..maybe should say easy maintenance... I don't have a maid..

flanderman
08-03-09, 23:03
Me too, will do the glass screen on the tub area..It is a must, else our bathroom floor will be flooded with water! But those sliding doors, will accumulate dirt..a bit difficult to clean...I'm still thinking of the design..
:) My home must be maintenace free..err..maybe should say easy maintenance... I don't have a maid..

Im gonna hv jus a piece of tampered glass :D
Furniture hunting not yet started... only starting flipping thru magazines and noting down the various brands and shops...

isaaclim
08-03-09, 23:29

One of my ID quoted S$2k to dress up all bay windows with laminated ledge.

In fact, solid top and granite are too cold to sit. Showflat use solid top is just to make it look nicer. Not practical.

If you dress up the whole bay windows with cushion, you would not be able to place some decorative items on top of it.

Maybe, cushion + laminated ledge maybe a good idea.

flanderman
08-03-09, 23:32
One of my ID quoted S$2k to dress up all bay windows with laminated ledge.

In fact, solid top and granite are too cold to sit. Showflat use solid top is just to make it look nicer. Not practical.

If you dress up the whole bay windows with cushion, you would not be able to place some decorative items on top of it.

Maybe, cushion + laminated ledge maybe a good idea.

yup.. some part cushion, some part laminate or solid surface.. But honestly.... i thk i will use it to put stuff more than sitting.... I always nua at the sofa instead. :p

chang
09-03-09, 01:32
Hey sorry chang, i dont mean you are lying but i think your id quoted for the planter area is on the high side. Maybe you can check with others before you commit.

no worries... actually its the extreme prices i mentioned. in most cases, it should not be over 1k as the planter area is rather small. Unless its for the balcony etc. IDs that I have checked are very expensive. usuallie 20k cos they have been suggested to me by friends etc and i have seen their place and the design and finishing is really good. So i m worried if its too low price, quality may be compromised. of cos, in these bad times, i want both quality and low price..:)

isaaclim
09-03-09, 09:10
no worries... actually its the extreme prices i mentioned. in most cases, it should not be over 1k as the planter area is rather small. Unless its for the balcony etc. IDs that I have checked are very expensive. usuallie 20k cos they have been suggested to me by friends etc and i have seen their place and the design and finishing is really good. So i m worried if its too low price, quality may be compromised. of cos, in these bad times, i want both quality and low price..:)

Did your friends use a lots of mirrors or granite for topping? if not, he is simply being "chopped".

queensway
09-03-09, 09:29
quote=Cot]Even if it goes out of the yard, it will be hidden right? It will be concealed where the aircon ledge is?[/quote]

Nope, in fact it will be seen out in the window. Hereby with pic of the laundry hanger.

Especially in singapore himid country. Its just not economical in having a dryer that is energy conserve. (A high souce of electricity consumption) Why don't we untilse the natural souce we have!

queensway
09-03-09, 09:37
At the meantime while checking with the developer on the laundry hanger.

I am also looking at decking the planter with chengai wood. Somehow felt that it would be cheaper in having wholesaler to do the job rather then the ID who would have already markup the price. For there is no harm in getting more quote for ref.

Anyone keen to do so, can either join as bulk 2 or alternatively when i get the quote, it will be updated here for those who are interested as well.

Cheers

CrAzY
09-03-09, 09:38

I totally agree with you. Price does matter but reliability also very important. I had an experience with one of the contractor before and got to go CASE and HDB to complain before they are willing to finish up the job. Hiaz bad experience so right now, i am getting my fren to help me do up the place. At least i know she is reliable.

CrAzY
09-03-09, 09:43

I am also looking at decking the planter with chengai wood. Somehow felt that it would be cheaper in having wholesaler to do the job rather then the ID who would have already markup the price. For there is no harm in getting more quote for ref.

Anyone keen to do so, can either join as bulk 2 or alternatively when i get the quote, it will be updated here for those who are interested as well.

Cheers

Haha it is a good idea. Anyway it is just the planter area which everyone will be looking the same. I gotten my quote is $650 for the front planter area and $350 for the backyard but still need to go actual site for measurement. By the way, there is one concern. Will there be too many ppl to liase with if we are practically getting different contractor in the house to do part of the house?

queensway
09-03-09, 09:53
Haha it is a good idea. Anyway it is just the planter area which everyone will be looking the same. I gotten my quote is $650 for the front planter area and $350 for the backyard but still need to go actual site for measurement. By the way, there is one concern. Will there be too many ppl to liase with if we are practically getting different contractor in the house to do part of the house?

There is alway a price to pay for every saving....:D May arrange for a weekend in having all vendor to come in & do the necessary work individually while we just have to open our doors for them while we enjoy our coffee session.

But at the end of the day if the diff is not significant then we can still go back to the ID. No harm for more quotes...:2cents:

queensway
09-03-09, 11:07
anyone is also looking at the reflective solar film to be install at the washrooms? I have tried to sneak into the condo last weekend & found that most of the washroom are facing the oppsite units. So maybe a good thing to install a reflective solar flim rather then the curtain due to moist issue expected.

isaaclim
09-03-09, 15:14

I don't think there is an issue. It is different section so very easy to coordinate.

One of the ID quoted me S$1280 to supply and install Chengai decking at planter (L12ft X 3.5ft).

Queensway, please go ahead to request for better quote.
Meanwhile, i am still waiting for other quotation.

CrAzY
09-03-09, 15:53
I don't think there is an issue. It is different section so very easy to coordinate.

One of the ID quoted me S$1280 to supply and install Chengai decking at planter (L12ft X 3.5ft).

Queensway, please go ahead to request for better quote.
Meanwhile, i am still waiting for other quotation.

Maybe your area quite big. I saw at Quartz, certain units planter area is huge. I also dont have the actual dimension but given my id the floorplan, she quoted me $650. She even propose pebble wash but we still prefer chengai wood. Both prices quite similar

franshu
09-03-09, 16:32
folks,

had spoken with a number of vendors, noted that usually its the ball bearing that will turn rusty after years of usage. (Althoug lots of it comes in from Korea/ japan or australia, there are not S/S ball bearing) hences, some vendors are willing to change it to S/S if we have at least 10 units.

Pls furnish me ur floorplan so as to allow vendors to quote & advise on the diff model needed. (For floorplan, pls email me @ [email protected] indicating ur nickname)

I will post the price of all supply before discount 2mr when i am back in office.

Does anyone knws if the yard is on false ceiling? In addition, do noted that if installation are required by individual owners, application for approval are required.

To keen the ball rolling.

Kindly update the listing per below for those interested to enjoy the dicsount ...

Name
Queensway
Tortu
Lim Joe CI
Ethan/Elaine
Jerrell Tee

East Lover
09-03-09, 16:48
I also looking at single door (also cheaper than 2 door type and also i thk most of the time, my fridge is gonna be quite 'empty" :D )..
Pool view.

If the ID can do a good design and blend the cabinet well into the area.. I am ok with it (since i also heard from some friends saying that good to hv something to 'block' if when the main door is open, there is a direct straight path from the door to the living room. But i m not really into fenghui theory... so is also here listen a little, there listen a little.. :D
玄关是住宅内部最重要的组成部分之一,可以说是住宅的咽喉之地,玄关最大的风水作用,是可以用来化解屋外直冲大门的煞气,主要有两种档煞的方法:

1、玄关可以改变进入大门的外气走向,由于大门的朝向不会都是开在吉位,就要利用玄关来改变,使外气改由吉方进入,这就是风水的趋吉避凶之道。
2、玄关可以防止旺气外泄。从风水的角度来看,从大门入宅的旺气与财气应尽可能在屋内回旋,为住宅充分利用后,才慢慢流出屋外。倘若大门与阳台或窗户形成一直线,则从大门流人之旺气及财气便会迅速从阳台或窗口流走,旺气直入直出,是“泄水"之局,令家中的人丁及钱财均难以积聚。而补救之法,是在其间设一玄关,设法令大门之气转向流入屋内,而不直接从阳台或窗户流走。比如做一面实墙,其用意何在?就在干挡住了进门处的视野,另外形成了一个回转的空问,风水学上讲究。喜回旋忌直冲”,道理正在于此。如果没有实培,则在进门处即可将阳台客厅一眼望穿,即形成俗称"前通后通,人财两空。的格局,对家居不利。倘若大门直冲房门,则房中的人丁易受干扰,这种情况,亦可用玄关来化解

玄关在风水上是非常重要的,千万不要忽略,这方面的只是还是要知道一点的,对我们的生活是有好处的.

isaaclim
09-03-09, 16:57
What is 玄关?

East Lover
09-03-09, 17:22
What is 玄关?
the first place when you arrive home, the front entrance or front hall.

Cot
09-03-09, 20:22
玄关是住宅内部最重要的组成部分之一,可以说是住宅的咽喉之地,玄关最大的风水作用,是可以用来化解屋外直冲大门的煞气,主要有两种档煞的方法:

1、玄关可以改变进入大门的外气走向,由于大门的朝向不会都是开在吉位,就要利用玄关来改变,使外气改由吉方进入,这就是风水的趋吉避凶之道。
2、玄关可以防止旺气外泄。从风水的角度来看,从大门入宅的旺气与财气应尽可能在屋内回旋,为住宅充分利用后,才慢慢流出屋外。倘若大门与阳台或窗户形成一直线,则从大门流人之旺气及财气便会迅速从阳台或窗口流走,旺气直入直出,是“泄水"之局,令家中的人丁及钱财均难以积聚。而补救之法,是在其间设一玄关,设法令大门之气转向流入屋内,而不直接从阳台或窗户流走。比如做一面实墙,其用意何在?就在干挡住了进门处的视野,另外形成了一个回转的空问,风水学上讲究。喜回旋忌直冲”,道理正在于此。如果没有实培,则在进门处即可将阳台客厅一眼望穿,即形成俗称"前通后通,人财两空。的格局,对家居不利。倘若大门直冲房门,则房中的人丁易受干扰,这种情况,亦可用玄关来化解

玄关在风水上是非常重要的,千万不要忽略,这方面的只是还是要知道一点的,对我们的生活是有好处的.

Sorry can you translate..cos it will take me very long to read this..

Cot
09-03-09, 20:26
anyone is also looking at the reflective solar film to be install at the washrooms? I have tried to sneak into the condo last weekend & found that most of the washroom are facing the oppsite units. So maybe a good thing to install a reflective solar flim rather then the curtain due to moist issue expected.

Initially I'm thinking of installing solar film but at balcony, but more to block the sun..but later thought, whether it will dim my room..

isaaclim
09-03-09, 20:33
Sorry can you translate..cos it will take me very long to read this..

Basically East Lovers is trying to say if your main door is facing windows or another door, you must create a structure to block it. Such that all the "good things" come in your house will not leave your house immediately.

But some ID says, if you have curtain on the windows, it is kind of block it liaw. It that true, East Lovers?

Cot
09-03-09, 21:09
Basically East Lovers is trying to say if your main door is facing windows or another door, you must create a structure to block it. Such that all the "good things" come in your house will not leave your house immediately.

But some ID says, if you have curtain on the windows, it is kind of block it liaw. It that true, East Lovers?

Thanks isaaclim..
Yup I heard of this feng shui thingy..place something so that the wealth will not escape.. But again, I'm worried this will make my living look smaller..

queensway
10-03-09, 09:54
On the laundry hanger ....

Quoted from developer reply:

For such installation, you would need to seek approval from the
condo management office after you have collected your keys.
Thks & rgds
Sally

tortu
10-03-09, 10:07
Queensway,

It is alright, I think let's keep it this way first and we shall find out if it is approved during the key collection. Thanks for the initatives to organize the bulk purchase anyway.

Similarly, we might want to do a similar bulk purchase for the film for the bathroom windows.

chang
10-03-09, 11:03
Did your friends use a lots of mirrors or granite for topping? if not, he is simply being "chopped".

ID did up a marble-top table, marble-top TV console. Solid Wood for the the bay window. Guess all these more expensive materials thats why.

East Lover
10-03-09, 11:20

I guess it should be working. You can either build a depolished glass (磨砂玻璃) structure, or put some plants, or curtains...

See the solution found on web:

若是阳台正对大门或厨房,可将窗帘长时间拉上以作为阻绝。出入大门的位置不要正对阳台,这形成了所谓的“穿心”,家中会不易聚财,有破财之事。 解决方法:放置玄关柜阻隔大门和阳台,在大门入口处放置鱼缸(命中忌水者不可放鱼缸,可以屏风取代)。可设置阳台窗,将阳台阻隔或种植盆栽及爬藤植物,窗帘长时间拉上也是可行的方法。

Rapister
10-03-09, 12:59
u all into all that feng shui rubbish?

now is 2009 already, not 1809

isaaclim
10-03-09, 17:10
u all into all that feng shui rubbish?

now is 2009 already, not 1809

You want to be slapped again, is it? Ichy liaw ah?

Cheewing
10-03-09, 19:07
Just discovered this forum...Just got an unit at the quartz last weekend and am waiting anxiously to move in.

Am keen on the laundry hanger so definitely put me down for it!

Keen to do chengai wood for the yard planter but I was quoted $850 from an ID. So far, all the ID quotes are quite ex...

Hope to hear from fellow neighbours soon!

isaaclim
10-03-09, 19:29
Just discovered this forum...Just got an unit at the quartz last weekend and am waiting anxiously to move in.

Keen to do chengai wood for the yard planter but I was quoted $850 from an ID. So far, all the ID quotes are quite ex...

Congrat + Welcome!

TQ1
10-03-09, 19:34

Hi Cheewing, welcome to the big family. For laundry hanger, you may want to add yourself into Queenways' name list which can be found in the previous page of this thread.

Alot of us are currently sourcing for ID. We are suggesting to group together to ask for discount since most of us are requesting for almost the same type of ID.

Hope to see all of you soon, hopefully after the collection of keys in Apr/May.

TQ1
10-03-09, 19:38

Cheers

Yes. I am keen on the decking the planter with chengai wood. Please update us. Thanks alot

Cheewing
10-03-09, 21:22
Thanks for ur friendly welcome....

Thus far I have talked to Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation....Ultimate is quite impressive and will be meeting them on Sunday to look at the 3D model of our future flat.

If keen, I can ask them abt the possibility of a bulk discount for all in this forum :-)

spiker10
10-03-09, 21:22
Yes yes! I am considering doing the planter wood covers also if the prices r reasonable. Please count me in!

quartz
10-03-09, 22:10

Hi

Congrats. Wise choice indeed on buying Quartz.

Icekopi
10-03-09, 22:12

hihi,

welcomez!!!! :spliff:

TQ1
10-03-09, 22:23

Thus far I have talked to Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation....Ultimate is quite impressive and will be meeting them on Sunday to look at the 3D model of our future flat.

If keen, I can ask them abt the possibility of a bulk discount for all in this forum :-)

Yes. Please check with them on the possibility of a bulk discount. Will be great if we can identify one good ID and together we go for it.

isaaclim
10-03-09, 23:45

Great. In fact, i am going to discuss this with all my IDs in this weekend meet up. Let's see!

axela_3
11-03-09, 08:38
Queensway,

It is alright, I think let's keep it this way first and we shall find out if it is approved during the key collection. Thanks for the initatives to organize the bulk purchase anyway.

Similarly, we might want to do a similar bulk purchase for the film for the bathroom windows.

Tortu,

Just curious. I'm guessing that even to install window films, we've also got to seek approval from the MCST?

The reason I'm saying this is because as long as "altering" the exterior facade of the property, MCST has to give their approval. Unless you're installing clear films...

tortu
11-03-09, 08:47
To be honest, I don't know if they allow the film installation.

But I imagine that this transculent film is internal and it should not distort the outlook of the condo. Well, let's ask when we collect our keys.

Otherwise, we will all be bathing and doing our "small and big business" facing all our wonderful neighbours here!!!:)

queensway
11-03-09, 09:15
New add on:(Laundry hanger)

Name
Queensway
Tortu
Lim Joe CI
Ethan
Issac
Annie Wee
ctam
Piper
TQ1
Alan Tam
Paul
CrAzY
Unity
ivanchan16
Cheewing

queensway
11-03-09, 09:17

But I imagine that this transculent film is internal and it should not distort the outlook of the condo. Well, let's ask when we collect our keys.

Otherwise, we will all be bathing and doing our "small and big business" facing all our wonderful neighbours here!!!:)

Films are internal, hences will not affect the external facade of the building.

Looking at reflective film rather then normal solar flim...

:)

willfoo
11-03-09, 11:03
anybody tot of getting the citygas dryer instead of installing the cloth hangar? thinking of getting it.. cos kitchen already so small... installing the hangar might not be that practical.. am thinking of stacking the washer and dryer since there's a space in the kitchen. any feedback regarding the dryer?

TQ1
11-03-09, 11:45
anybody tot of getting the citygas dryer instead of installing the cloth hangar? thinking of getting it.. cos kitchen already so small... installing the hangar might not be that practical.. am thinking of stacking the washer and dryer since there's a space in the kitchen. any feedback regarding the dryer?

Hi willfoo,

How much is it? Is the citygas dryer consumption high? More concern about the running cost rather than the fix cost.

Unity
11-03-09, 12:10

Cheewing,

Welcome. Pressumable you got your unity during the sale.
Do you mind sharing what was your purchase PSF, level and facing?

Trying to gauge the movement of the Quartz recently.

Thanks

willfoo
11-03-09, 13:19
Hi willfoo,

How much is it? Is the citygas dryer consumption high? More concern about the running cost rather than the fix cost.

Take a look at their website.
http://www.citygas.com.sg/

TQ1
11-03-09, 14:03
Take a look at their website.
http://www.citygas.com.sg/

Thanks for your info
Looks like may not be feasible
Unless you used in 1-2 times per week.

1 time per week = 77 cents x 4 = $3.08 /mth (gas and electric costs)
2 times per week = 77 cents x 2 x 4 = $6.16/mth (gas and electric costs)

If you used it everyday.

It will be 77cents x 7 x 4 = $21.56/mth (gas and electric costs).

Personally, I feel the costs is way to high for the purpose of drying clothes. :2cents:

ivanchan16
11-03-09, 14:40
Thanks for your info
Looks like may not be feasible
Unless you used in 1-2 times per week.

1 time per week = 77 cents x 4 = $3.08 /mth (gas and electric costs)
2 times per week = 77 cents x 2 x 4 = $6.16/mth (gas and electric costs)

If you used it everyday.

It will be 77cents x 7 x 4 = $21.56/mth (gas and electric costs).

Personally, I feel the costs is way to high for the purpose of drying clothes. :2cents:

We need to wash our clothes 10-12 times per week because some days we need to wash up to 2 times per day due to frequent changing needed for baby and toddler...

Looks like dryer option is not so feasible for me too...

ivanchan16
11-03-09, 14:45
Yes. I am keen on the decking the planter with chengai wood. Please update us. Thanks alot

Me too is planning to deck the planter with chengai wood too :) Do keep us update :ashamed1:

By the way, just to ask a stupid question, does those nursery like far east flora etc @ Thomsom sell the chengai wood for us to DIY our planter?

Cheewing
11-03-09, 15:20
Cheewing,

Welcome. Pressumable you got your unity during the sale.
Do you mind sharing what was your purchase PSF, level and facing?

Trying to gauge the movement of the Quartz recently.

Thanks

Bought for $63+ psf, top floor and pool view...not sure whether you considered that as sale :-)

FSSYeo
11-03-09, 15:24
Hi,

I bought a unit in Quartz too and was told that there already a forum for it..

Trying to read the past posting to understand the discussion here..Thanks for sharing

coburn
11-03-09, 15:26
We need to wash our clothes 10-12 times per week because some days we need to wash up to 2 times per day due to frequent changing needed for baby and toddler...

actually i feel that the more you need to wash, the more you need a dryer

since your turnover of clothes is pretty high, you might need the stability that a dryer can provide. There is no need to rely on the weather and you have control over when the washed clothes are available.

what i heard some people does is they have both.
so during rainy season or emergencies, they use the dryer.
on other occasions, they just hang dry and save cost

isaaclim
11-03-09, 15:38
Hi,

Trying to read the past posting to understand the discussion here..Thanks for sharing

Welcome + congratz!

SIA
11-03-09, 15:54
actually i feel that the more you need to wash, the more you need a dryer

since your turnover of clothes is pretty high, you might need the stability that a dryer can provide. There is no need to rely on the weather and you have control over when the washed clothes are available.

what i heard some people does is they have both.
so during rainy season or emergencies, they use the dryer.
on other occasions, they just hang dry and save cost

Agree. This is what I intend to do. Sometime in Singapore, it can rain consecutively for few days and the cloth cannot get dry.

SIA
11-03-09, 15:56
Hi,

Welcome, I think this Quartz forum is the most active among all other forum.

queensway
11-03-09, 17:50
Me too is planning to deck the planter with chengai wood too :) Do keep us update :ashamed1:

By the way, just to ask a stupid question, does those nursery like far east flora etc @ Thomsom sell the chengai wood for us to DIY our planter?

I have been to the far east flora, if i could recall. Its costing about 25bucks for a deck. Do note that its not condition or varnish. Hence even if you have that broug home, you will have to varnish it properly before use. That will be kind of troublesome...:o

bellatmj
11-03-09, 21:05
Hi future neighbours :)
Just found out bout this forum.
Reading thru past threads now.
Cant wait to move it :)

tortu
11-03-09, 21:48
My wife attended the dialogue session today in North Vista Primary School.

The school is very new, neat and organized. They adopt a Project Approach in teaching students. This is not new to me as when my boy was in Shekinah Montessori Childcare, they have also adopted a Project Approach. This can be quite "uneasy" for some parents and the teachings is centered around experiential learning whereby students are encouraged to complete a project in defined period. For example, project like "Occupation", "Life Cycle", "Shopping Mall" etc. They will have free discussion among friends on the topic and conclude the subject with a modeling with presentation to the class etc. I was skeptical at first but accepted it eventually especially when we as parents need to help in the research of the modeling and presentation preparation for the kids. It is quite interesting but just more work for us.

North Vista uses computer teaching from Pri 1 as students are already using Mac in their Pri 1 work. Art and Craft is also an area that the school emphasizes. Students are also given opportunities to do "Show and Tell" to hone their presentation skills.

They also organizes group play during recession breaks from Church group to induce the right values to the students during play.

From my wife observation, the prinicipal is a very organized, firm and stern man. He is quite blunt and demanding towards his staff during the session and the staff seems to be quite fearful of him. He actually says that the staff will be happier if he leaves the school. It was said that he was once a JC principal etc. When my wife have a casual chat with the canteen staff, it is evident that the principal is a no nonsense man but he appears to be softer when he handles the children.

In conclusion, my wife is quite happy with the school environment and the teaching staff. They are young and dynamic, and appears to be very committed too. She is not very comfortable with the early introduction of cyber world as like it or not, our children will definitely get exposed to it some time or other. She feels that introduction at too early an age may not be wise as cyber crime is on the rise etc. Kids at that age has great challenge to differentiate good from bad.

As my elder boy is in Pri 1 this year, I am considering transfering him to North Vista when he reaches Pri 2. But the principal says that they are only 10 vacancies with a long list of waiting list to join Pri 2 etc. So have to leave it to fate if we can get a place. There will be some thinking for us whether to go or not to go....................

noname777
11-03-09, 21:57
New add on:(Laundry hanger)

Name
Queensway
Tortu
Lim Joe CI
Ethan
Issac
Annie Wee
ctam
Piper
TQ1
Alan Tam
Paul
CrAzY
Unity
ivanchan16
Cheewing

Please add me in: Bernard & Elynn

Unity
11-03-09, 23:31
Bought for $63+ psf, top floor and pool view...not sure whether you considered that as sale :-)

yes, that's a good price and much lower than it was last year. congrats!

i12mmo2
11-03-09, 23:59
Hi, everyone,

I have just purchase a unit in Quartz too.
I am impressed with what you guys are doing here. The kampong spirit is certainly very strong here.

I look forward to seeing you guys and gals at the pool soon.

:) :) :)

Cheers

noblebaby
12-03-09, 00:06
Hi, everyone,

I have just purchase a unit in Quartz too.
I am impressed with what you guys are doing here. The kampong spirit is certainly very strong here.

I look forward to seeing you guys and gals at the pool soon.

:) :) :)

Cheers

how much you bought as in psf? congrats

willfoo
12-03-09, 00:52

To me.. life is too short to count every dollar and cent. and come to think of it.. if you really have lots of cloths... especially baby's cloths.. wouldn't it be better to be able to dry the cloths fast and able to use them again? rather then hoping to have sunny days to dry the cloth.. beside.. the design of the area for the cloths hangar.. seems like the sun will be able to reach the area for only a very short period of time per day... just my point of view.. :) I'll be getting the dryer though..for convenient sake.

isaaclim
12-03-09, 01:00
My wife attended the dialogue session today in North Vista Primary School.

The school is very new, neat and organized. They adopt a Project Approach in teaching students. This is not new to me as when my boy was in Shekinah Montessori Childcare, they have also adopted a Project Approach. This can be quite "uneasy" for some parents and the teachings is centered around experiential learning whereby students are encouraged to complete a project in defined period. For example, project like "Occupation", "Life Cycle", "Shopping Mall" etc. They will have free discussion among friends on the topic and conclude the subject with a modeling with presentation to the class etc. I was skeptical at first but accepted it eventually especially when we as parents need to help in the research of the modeling and presentation preparation for the kids. It is quite interesting but just more work for us.

North Vista uses computer teaching from Pri 1 as students are already using Mac in their Pri 1 work. Art and Craft is also an area that the school emphasizes. Students are also given opportunities to do "Show and Tell" to hone their presentation skills.

They also organizes group play during recession breaks from Church group to induce the right values to the students during play.

From my wife observation, the prinicipal is a very organized, firm and stern man. He is quite blunt and demanding towards his staff during the session and the staff seems to be quite fearful of him. He actually says that the staff will be happier if he leaves the school. It was said that he was once a JC principal etc. When my wife have a casual chat with the canteen staff, it is evident that the principal is a no nonsense man but he appears to be softer when he handles the children.

In conclusion, my wife is quite happy with the school environment and the teaching staff. They are young and dynamic, and appears to be very committed too. She is not very comfortable with the early introduction of cyber world as like it or not, our children will definitely get exposed to it some time or other. She feels that introduction at too early an age may not be wise as cyber crime is on the rise etc. Kids at that age has great challenge to differentiate good from bad.

As my elder boy is in Pri 1 this year, I am considering transfering him to North Vista when he reaches Pri 2. But the principal says that they are only 10 vacancies with a long list of waiting list to join Pri 2 etc. So have to leave it to fate if we can get a place. There will be some thinking for us whether to go or not to go....................

Thanks for sharing this.

My girl is P1 at Punggol. I think i will not do anythings to my girl until she is p3.

Icekopi
12-03-09, 01:28
Hi i12mmo2, bellatmj and FSSyeo,

Welcome to this big family!!! :spliff:

axela_3
12-03-09, 08:02

Now, isn't that kinky! Hahahaha!

axela_3
12-03-09, 08:09
Hi i12mmo2, bellatmj and FSSyeo,

Welcome to this big family!!! :spliff:

Hi Bro,

The family's growing by the dozen!!! I think that we'll need to start a namelist so that we'll know who's who when TOP comes.

queensway
12-03-09, 08:54
New add on: (Laundry hanger)

Name
Queensway
Tortu
Lim Joe CI
Ethan
Issac
Annie Wee
ctam
Piper
TQ1
Alan Tam
Paul
CrAzY
Unity
ivanchan16
Cheewing
Bernard & Elynn

CrAzY
12-03-09, 08:58
New add on: (Laundry hanger)

Name
Queensway
Tortu
Lim Joe CI
Ethan
Issac
Annie Wee
ctam
Piper
TQ1
Alan Tam
Paul
CrAzY
Unity
ivanchan16
Cheewing
Bernard & Elynn

Thanks Queensway for the effort. Shall we start the list on the chengai wood. But how do you want to get quotation for this. Amount x area? I got one reliable contractor so i thot asking her for quotation.

Anna T
12-03-09, 09:04
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum since my family bought a unit last month. Ha, i also like the kampong spirit, kids can play within compound together, adult enjoying the chatting session, and etc...... I was also thinking of car pooling for the kids that are in the same school also.

CrAzY
12-03-09, 09:12
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum since my family bought a unit last month. Ha, i also like the kampong spirit, kids can play within compound together, adult enjoying the chatting session, and etc...... I was also thinking of car pooling for the kids that are in the same school also.

Hey Welcome.
How old is your kids? Which school are they in. My son in growing up gifted at united sqare, wondering if there is any parents putting their kids there too.

Anna T
12-03-09, 09:19
My son is in P3 and he's Nan Chiau. I am also keen in the chengai wood for the planter, please count me in. Thanks.

CrAzY
12-03-09, 09:23
My son is in P3 and he's Nan Chiau. I am also keen in the chengai wood for the planter, please count me in. Thanks.

So big liao. My son only 4 years old. Anyone sending children to GROWING UP GIFTED????

queensway
12-03-09, 09:25
Thanks Queensway for the effort. Shall we start the list on the chengai wood. But how do you want to get quotation for this. Amount x area? I got one reliable contractor so i thot asking her for quotation.

Of cos, that will be great. if you might like me to neg for that as well, you can give me the contact too. But do knw that the sizes of the area required coverage varies for diff owner, hence best for individual owners to furnish the sizes they are looking at. I will get vendor to quote base on per sqft, so everyone can have better picture.

email:[email protected]

Quartzbie
12-03-09, 10:10
Of cos, that will be great. if you might like me to neg for that as well, you can give me the contact too. But do knw that the sizes of the area required coverage varies for diff owner, hence best for individual owners to furnish the sizes they are looking at. I will get vendor to quote base on per sqft, so everyone can have better picture.

Hi Queensway,

Thanks alot...Count me in too. thanks.

queensway
12-03-09, 10:26
Dear all
We gotten very good package from some vendors giving like 25% off from the retail price.
Placement of order ranging from cheapest. Simply conclude that all vendors are giving us the material: Aluminium with coated, whereas only New Creation has upgraded their offer to Stainless Steel. Top 2 vendors known in the market from Ezliving (Pdt: Australia) & Tame(Pdt: Taiwan) are both offering 25% off. All parts are proprietary thus if breakdown it has to be reverted back to vendor for supply.

My comment: Althoug cheapest is at $480, but with the use of alum with coated, whereas with a diff of only $70, we can get a S/S from New Creation. Nevertheless, had spoken with vendor that if majority have selected New Creation, they are willing to further lower thier price.

For now, would need your views & your selection to further neg or meetup for system viewing. To start, please advise your 1st & 2nd option

LAUNDRY HANGER

Company: K S Auto System Pte Ltd, Super Laundry Hanger
Model: Outdoors Retractable Laundry Hanger, model 323
Warranty: 3 yrs
Cost w/: $480
Installation
Bracket :$70
Max Weight: 25kg
Specs :Alum with white coated
Origin :parts from Japan, assemble in S’pore
Stainless Steel :Y
After Discount
10 units @ S$480.00 (unable to further lower the price but extended the warranty period)
30 units @ S$450.00 (Saving of 6%)
Bracket @ S$20 if ceiling is above 2.5cm or with false ceiling
Specs: Spring Mechanism & S/S roller bearing
Extended to 5 years warranty

Company :EZ Living Pte Ltd
Model :Outdoors Retractable Laundry EZ Hi-dry
Warranty :1 yr
Cost w/ :$730/ $830 depend on size of pole

Installation
Bracket :$75
Max Weight: 15kg
Specs: made of galvanised steel
Origin: Australia
Website: http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm (http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm)
After Discount
10 units @ S$547.50 (Saving of 25%)
30 units @ S$511.00 (Saving of 30%)
50 Units @ S$474.50 (Saving of 35%)
Spec: Galvabond tubing with powder-coated white w/6 poles
Size: 1.5m/1.8m long by 0.5m wide (Australia)
Extended warranty: 2 years

Company: New Creative Construction Pte Ltd
Model: Genesis Laundry System, Outdoors Retractable Laundry Hanger
Warranty: 1 year
Cost w/: $680
Installation
& Bracket
Specs: Alum with silver coat
Origin: German gas spring and roller bearing from Japan
Stainless Steel: Y
Website: http://www.genesislaundry.com/outdoor1.htm (http://www.genesislaundry.com/outdoor1.htm)

After Discount
10 units @ S$550.00 (Saving about 19%)
Specs: Upgrades to S/S with Hydraulic (Sizes will be MTM accordingly to individual owners)
Warranty to be extend to 2 years

Company: Tame Promotions
Model: Outdoors Retractable Laundry
Cost w/: $788
Installation
Bracket :$80
Max Weight: 20kg
Specs: Alum white coated
Origin: Taiwan
Website: http://www.tame.com.sg/products1.htm (http://www.tame.com.sg/products1.htm)
After Discount
10 units @ S$588.00 (Saving of 25%)
30 units @ S$528.00 (Saving of 32%)
Parts: 1 pair Hydraulic @ S$190
Specs: length of pole (4ft extended to 7ft) holding 5 poles, Height: (32inch x width 20inch), Aluminum powder coated in White

Company: Home Niche
Model: Outdoors Retractable Laundry Hanger
Installation
Bracket :$80/set
Specs: Aluminum, 5 poles
Website : http://www.myhome.com.sg/HomeImprovement/homestore/Content/shtml/laundryhangers.shtml#FLW (http://www.myhome.com.sg/HomeImprovement/homestore/Content/shtml/laundryhangers.shtml#FLW)
After Discount
10 units @ S$698.00 (Saving about 11%)
Bracket @ S$80.00
Specs: Hydraulic System Alum coated
Size: 5 poles @ 4 feet extended to 7ft length- extended down from ceiling 5ft
1 year Warranty

queensway
12-03-09, 10:35
Dear all

Please update your views & selection in attached file & repost on forum. Retreival will be done so latest by March 20th, 2009.

Cheers

---> 464

CrAzY
12-03-09, 10:50

Ok, becos my contractor seems quoted me quite good price and she is reliable. I will call her to quote me per psf as well.

Rapister
12-03-09, 10:52
Name
Queensway
Tortu
Lim Joe CI
Ethan
Issac
Annie Wee
Rapister
ctam
Piper
TQ1
Alan Tam
Paul
CrAzY
Unity
ivanchan16
Cheewing
Bernard & Elynn

CrAzY
12-03-09, 10:55
Dear all
We gotten very good package from some vendors giving like 25% off from the retail price.
Placement of order ranging from cheapest. Simply conclude that all vendors are giving us the material: Aluminium with coated, whereas only New Creation has upgraded their offer to Stainless Steel. Top 2 vendors known in the market from Ezliving (Pdt: Australia) & Tame(Pdt: Taiwan) are both offering 25% off. All parts are proprietary thus if breakdown it has to be reverted back to vendor for supply.

My comment: Althoug cheapest is at $480, but with the use of alum with coated, whereas with a diff of only $70, we can get a S/S from New Creation. Nevertheless, had spoken with vendor that if majority have selected New Creation, they are willing to further lower thier price.

For now, would need your views & your selection to further neg or meetup for system viewing. To start, please advise your 1st & 2nd option

LAUNDRY HANGER

Installation
After Discount
10 units @ S$480.00 (unable to further lower the price but extended the warranty period)

Installation
Website: http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm (http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm)
After Discount

Installation
& Bracket
Website: http://www.genesislaundry.com/outdoor1.htm (http://www.genesislaundry.com/outdoor1.htm)

After Discount
Specs: Upgrades to S/S with Hydraulic (Sizes will be MTM accordingly to individual owners)

Installation
Website: http://www.tame.com.sg/products1.htm (http://www.tame.com.sg/products1.htm)
After Discount
Specs: length of pole (4ft extended to 7ft) holding 5 poles, Height: (32inch x width 20inch), Aluminum powder coated in White

Installation
Website : http://www.myhome.com.sg/HomeImprovement/homestore/Content/shtml/laundryhangers.shtml#FLW (http://www.myhome.com.sg/HomeImprovement/homestore/Content/shtml/laundryhangers.shtml#FLW)
After Discount
Bracket @ S$80.00
1 year Warranty

Hey i have not heard of Creation but i know ezliving does a good job for my collegue. For quality, it is very much better compare to Tame. Nevertheless, if majority would like to go for creation then probably i got to go and take alook.

East Lover
12-03-09, 11:06
Dear all

Please update your views & selection in attached file & repost on forum. Retreival will be done so latest by March 20th, 2009.

Cheers
Hi Queensway,

You have done a great job! I'm interested for the LAUNDRY HANGER too :)
Can you please check with the vendor, shall the non-Quartz residents enjoy the bulk discount as well if we join your list? :ashamed1:

Thank you!

queensway
12-03-09, 11:22
Hi Queensway,

Can you please check with the vendor, shall the non-Quartz residents enjoy the bulk discount as well if we join your list? :ashamed1:

Thank you!

Hi

For certain vendors, there is a min order to delivery. Hences, you might like to consider doing a bulk buy for the resident within your premise. Nvrtheless, i will call the vendor & enquire if they are able to extend the price to others as well...

Cheers

isaaclim
12-03-09, 13:14
Dear all

Cheers

---> 464

Hi Queensway,

Did you check with Guocoland? I think it is better to get some comments from them before we commit on the purchases.

In fact, i have another idea. Since our tennis court is facing west, can we make use of that space for some laundry hanger system. But of course, we have to impose some HOUSE RULES.

I don't think people will play tennis under hot sun. :) Let's have some discussion about this.

queensway
12-03-09, 13:41
Since my last reply obtain from developer. No action to be expected till we receive our keys. Individual owners are support to be accountable for their application.

your idea seems interesting but not to my interest. u may like to c if anyone would like to join u!:)

East Lover
12-03-09, 13:44
Hi

For certain vendors, there is a min order to delivery. Hences, you might like to consider doing a bulk buy for the resident within your premise. Nvrtheless, i will call the vendor & enquire if they are able to extend the price to others as well...

Cheers
Okay, thanks a lot!

tortu
12-03-09, 14:07
I don't think the Management will buy Isaac's idea of using the tennis court for laundry drying.

Queensway, while we can opt which supplier to pick from but we really should check our internal layout first after key collection before making any firm commitment to any of the suppliers. It is hard to visualize how the hanger will end up in the kitchen area until we physically see our own place.

tortu
12-03-09, 14:15
Since my last reply obtain from developer. No action to be expected till we receive our keys. Individual owners are support to be accountable for their application.

your idea seems interesting but not to my interest. u may like to c if anyone would like to join u!:)

Queensway,

My choice is New Creative, followed by Ezliving. Sorry, dont know how to save the file lah.

isaaclim
12-03-09, 14:28

Ok... I can understand.. maybe there will be too many issues to make it a common facilities.

When are you going to confirm the order? It would be better is the confirmation can be after we obtained permission from Developer or key collection.

isaaclim
12-03-09, 14:31
I don't think the Management will buy Isaac's idea of using the tennis court for laundry drying.

Queensway, while we can opt which supplier to pick from but we really should check our internal layout first after key collection before making any firm commitment to any of the suppliers. It is hard to visualize how the hanger will end up in the kitchen area until we physically see our own place.

It is developer that we need to seek approval before we obtain CSC. After CSC, the property are ours.

Management office is just a representative entity. They don't have the authority to make decision. :)

queensway
12-03-09, 15:23
Dear folks

Emphasize that there will not be any confirmation till receipt of keys. Individual assessment are required due to diff layout will be done for by vendors. For at least we knw the choice of majority so that we can all get the discount we are keen on. At the meantime, i can get the vendor to further extend the quote till TOP & after assessment. Don't forget that we have yet to view the system!But at the end of the day, if selection are scatted, then we can forget about it.

Last but not least, approval of installation still required!!!

isaaclim
12-03-09, 16:07
Dear folks

Emphasize that there will not be any confirmation till receipt of keys. Individual assessment are required due to diff layout will be done for by vendors. For at least we knw the choice of majority so that we can all get the discount we are keen on. At the meantime, i can get the vendor to further extend the quote till TOP & after assessment. Don't forget that we have yet to view the system!But at the end of the day, if selection are scatted, then we can forget about it.

You sound a bit unhappy. I do understand the effort you have put in. We all greatly appreciate it. :)

There is a reason for me to state the comment.

It is common practice that we are not allow to stick out anythings from our windows. Unless, after CSC, we all agreed to do that in our general meeting.

Personally, i think the system provided by Super Landry System is most likely to be approved by Developer. But i don't mind to go with majority to make life easier and have some discount.

queensway
12-03-09, 16:22
You sound a bit unhappy. I do understand the effort you have put in. We all greatly appreciate it. :)

There is a reason for me to state the comment.

It is common practice that we are not allow to stick out anythings from our windows. Unless, after CSC, we all agreed to do that in our general meeting.

Personally, i think the system provided by Super Landry System is most likely to be approved by Developer. But i don't mind to go with majority to make life easier and have some discount.

No hard feelings. I do understand where its coming from. Neither do i want to firm up anything before any approval or assessment. Individual preferences varies, hences see how it goes before any decision.

Your choice/option?

Quartzbie
12-03-09, 16:39
No hard feelings. I do understand where its coming from. Neither do i want to firm up anything before any approval or assessment. Individual preferences varies, hences see how it goes before any decision.

Your choice/option?

Hi queensway..my choice is the same as yours. Thanks.

ivanchan16
12-03-09, 16:58
Updated choice as follows: :)

Quartzbie
12-03-09, 17:22

Your choice/option?

Hi queensway..my choice is the same as yours. Thanks.

isaaclim
12-03-09, 17:24

Your choice/option?

I go with majority. 1st New creative and 2nd Ezliving.

Please help me update the doc.

TQ1
12-03-09, 17:57
I go with majority. 1st New creative and 2nd Ezliving.

Please help me update the doc.

Me too. 1st New Creative and 2nd Ezliving.

Queensway, appreciate your effort of coordinating this.

ctam
12-03-09, 18:46
Dear all

LAUNDRY HANGER

Installation
After Discount

Installation
After Discount

Installation
& Bracket

After Discount

Installation
After Discount

Installation
After Discount
Bracket @ S$80.00
1 year Warranty

Hi Queensway,

Thanks for the great deal...

In fact, judging fm ur quote, think New Creation is definitely a better deal as if you add the unit + installation charge from KS Auto, the total price will be S$550... whereas New Creation's price is inclusive of bracket & installation with better quality... I go for New Creation... :cheers6:

Icekopi
12-03-09, 19:06
Hi Bro,

The family's growing by the dozen!!! I think that we'll need to start a namelist so that we'll know who's who when TOP comes.

u are right bro, we should start this soon....................

TQ1
12-03-09, 19:17

Appreciate if you can recommend the reliable contractor to us. I think should be able to gather many interested neighbours on the chengai wood decking as well.

spiker10
12-03-09, 19:25
Yup!Totally agree we should start on this. Besides chengai wood and filling up with pebbles, what are the ohter possbilities?

quartz
12-03-09, 22:08

Hi axela, Icekopi,

Maybe we can all arrange to meet up with all new neighbours even before collection of keys....

@ the 24 hours Kopitiam near "Quartz".

quartz
12-03-09, 22:10
Me too. 1st New Creative and 2nd Ezliving.

Queensway, appreciate your effort of coordinating this.

Same here.

And thanks for taking the time and efforts to coodinate.

franshu
12-03-09, 22:52
Dear all

LAUNDRY HANGER

Installation
After Discount

Installation
After Discount

Installation
& Bracket

After Discount

Installation
After Discount

Installation
After Discount
Bracket @ S$80.00
1 year Warranty

Hi,

Thanks for the effort. I will go for New Creation as 1st option and then Tame as 2nd option. Tx.

chia252
12-03-09, 23:46
Dear all

LAUNDRY HANGER

Installation
After Discount

Installation
After Discount

Installation
& Bracket

After Discount

Installation
After Discount

Installation
After Discount
Bracket @ S$80.00
1 year Warranty

thanks for everthing pls count me in 2.

my only choice is new creative

thank u:)

isaaclim
13-03-09, 01:12
The following is a rough summary base on three quotations i got:

Full height mirror feature mirror feature with display laminated ledge (8.5 ft Length) - S$2000

Suspended Design TV Feature + storage cabinet with sliding door (12ftx6ftx12") - S$3000

L-shape study table + storage cabinet + drawer (13ft Length) - S$2000

Full height book shelf + storage cabinet + glass door (5ft) - S$1600

King size bed with cabinet + two bed site tables (1.5ft Length) - S$1700

Sette ledge at Bay window (9.5ft length) - S$420

Timber decking with chengai wood at planter - S$1100

By end of this weekend, i should be also to get 2 more quotation.

axela_3
13-03-09, 08:30
Hi axela, Icekopi,

Maybe we can all arrange to meet up with all new neighbours even before collection of keys....

@ the 24 hours Kopitiam near "Quartz".

Hello my mj bro,

I've got no problems with that. We should start to meet up cuz evetually, we'll be seeing one another pretty soon!

Icebro,

What do you think?

axela_3
13-03-09, 08:49

I was thinking, we should have a meetup session for all TQ owners here (like wat bro quartz suggested) and gather the list from there.

That way we can filter out all the unnecessary "crap" that this thread attracts.

Rapister
13-03-09, 08:53
do u think supplier will be so stupid and give discount on bulk order?

thats why he say must measure individually

everybody will have different choice, 3 or 4 people same choice how much cheaper can you get? $10? $20? not even enough to pump car petrol or take cab

buy your own lah, can choose yourself and arrange own appointment

CrAzY
13-03-09, 09:13

Hey All neighbours

We do not have to commit now but at least we have a summary of the ppl doing and the supplier we have chosen. Then once we got the key and management approve, queensway will arrange the supplier to come down to every household for measurement. We cannot wait for the last minute before starting to source.

queensway
13-03-09, 09:15
Hi Queensway,

Thank you!

Hi East Lover,

vendor reverted that if your place of living is not far away from Quartz, they should be able to extend. pls advise if u are living ard our premise?

CrAzY
13-03-09, 09:21
Appreciate if you can recommend the reliable contractor to us. I think should be able to gather many interested neighbours on the chengai wood decking as well.

Yes, will check with her how much is psf for the chengai wood so that we can compare the price.

queensway
13-03-09, 09:27
Hey All neighbours

We do not have to commit now but at least we have a summary of the ppl doing and the supplier we have chosen. Then once we got the key and management approve, queensway will arrange the supplier to come down to every household for measurement. We cannot wait for the last minute before starting to source.

Thanks CrAzy for your help.

Had called up a few vendors for supply of Chengai Wood. Mostly are unable to quote unless being on site for measurement or dimension of ur planter box furnished. But most of them are willing to honor us a discount if we do a bulk purchase within the same development.

Guess we will have to wait till we get our keys then or any other advise!

CrAzY
13-03-09, 09:29
Dear folks

Dear Neighbours
I can understand wht she driving at. Doing bulk purchase is not an easy task. Let us be more understanding and accomodating. Things will be done faster and easier. We shall conclude there will be no deposit and confirmation on all purchases until there is approval and supplier come for on site measurement.

queensway
13-03-09, 09:32
(Laundry Hanger)

THe list is getting longer & we have majority going for the same few vendors.

Thanks all for active participation. By next Friday,we should be able to conclude & proceed to the next bulk buy....

Cheers:)

CrAzY
13-03-09, 09:35
Thanks CrAzy for your help.

Had called up a few vendors for supply of Chengai Wood. Mostly are unable to quote unless being on site for measurement or dimension of ur planter box furnished. But most of them are willing to honor us a discount if we do a bulk purchase within the same development.

Guess we will have to wait till we get our keys then or any other advise!

I havent got chance to talk to my id. I see if i could check with her whether she can provide the bulk purchase quotation.

CrAzY
13-03-09, 09:43
(Laundry Hanger)

Thanks all for active participation. By next Friday,we should be able to conclude & proceed to the next bulk buy....

Hey Folks

Lastly for bulk purchase order, we hope to have all understanding that you have check the quality and price before committing the order just to avoid any future misunderstanding.

Thanks

isaaclim
13-03-09, 09:57
I was thinking, we should have a meetup session for all TQ owners here (like wat bro quartz suggested) and gather the list from there.

That way we can filter out all the unnecessary "crap" that this thread attracts.

Agree. I also seriously think that we should have a face-to-face discussion session.

Can we fix a time and a date?

Then, we can share whatever quotations we have gathered.

queensway
13-03-09, 10:30
Hey Folks

Lastly for bulk purchase order, we hope to have all understanding that you have check the quality and price before committing the order just to avoid any future misunderstanding.

Thanks

Folks,

We have yet to view the system. once we have gotten over the selection phrase, arrangement to view the system is required to further act on...

East Lover
13-03-09, 11:13
Hi East Lover,

vendor reverted that if your place of living is not far away from Quartz, they should be able to extend. pls advise if u are living ard our premise?
I will PM you

TQ1
13-03-09, 12:52
Folks,

We have yet to view the system. once we have gotten over the selection phrase, arrangement to view the system is required to further act on...

Let us know the date of viewing when we have completed the selection phrase. We will be there and also can take the opportunity to see our fellow neighbours.

TQ1
13-03-09, 12:56
The following is a rough summary base on three quotations i got:

Full height mirror feature mirror feature with display laminated ledge (8.5 ft Length) - S$2000

Suspended Design TV Feature + storage cabinet with sliding door (12ftx6ftx12") - S$3000

L-shape study table + storage cabinet + drawer (13ft Length) - S$2000

Full height book shelf + storage cabinet + glass door (5ft) - S$1600

King size bed with cabinet + two bed site tables (1.5ft Length) - S$1700

Sette ledge at Bay window (9.5ft length) - S$420

Timber decking with chengai wood at planter - S$1100

By end of this weekend, i should be also to get 2 more quotation.

The quotation looks great. 80% of what I am looking for as well. Thanks for your update.

queensway
13-03-09, 13:25
I havent got chance to talk to my id. I see if i could check with her whether she can provide the bulk purchase quotation.

That will be great. Do keep up updated.

Cheers:D

isaaclim
13-03-09, 15:18
The quotation looks great. 80% of what I am looking for as well. Thanks for your update.

Can i have a rough indication about how many of us are interested for having ID to done up their unit?

The existing quotation i got is just for me alone.

tortu
13-03-09, 16:22
Can i have a rough indication about how many of us are interested for having ID to done up their unit?

I am opened to the idea although I have plan to get my uncle to do that for me. Always good to keep the option open until the decision time.

tortu
13-03-09, 16:26
Latest info from developer:

3 units left:
1. #17-07 $832,000 (1335sqft but only 1195sqft is interior) $632/sqft
2. Stack 33 $956,000 (1367sqft) $699/sqft (I think this is 17th floor)
3. Stack 33 $988,000 (1604sqft but only 1367sqft is interior) $616/sqft (I think this is 18th floor)

Icekopi
13-03-09, 18:52
Hello my mj bro,

I've got no problems with that. We should start to meet up cuz evetually, we'll be seeing one another pretty soon!

Icebro,

What do you think?

me no prob too! :p

TQ1
13-03-09, 18:57

Yes. I am interested in having ID done up my unit. Though it will be a simple one. Thanks

TQ1
13-03-09, 19:02
(Laundry Hanger)

Yes. Great. In this way, we will be able to purchase things in a very costs effective way. Think the next bulk buy will be the chengai wood decking for the planter.

propertyinvestor
13-03-09, 20:55
Latest info from developer:

3 units left:
1. #17-07 $832,000 (1335sqft but only 1195sqft is interior) $632/sqft
2. Stack 33 $956,000 (1367sqft) $699/sqft (I think this is 17th floor)
3. Stack 33 $988,000 (1604sqft but only 1367sqft is interior) $616/sqft (I think this is 18th floor)

Looks like Quartz is doing pretty well. Congrats to those new owners who bought their dream home at a good deal. Huat Ah........:cheers1:

Alan Tam
13-03-09, 21:15
Looks like Quartz is doing pretty well. Congrats to those new owners who bought their dream home at a good deal. Huat Ah........:cheers1:
Thank you. Hope everyone benefits from his or her property investment.

LA
14-03-09, 19:27
(Laundry Hanger)

Hi Queensway,

Thanks for your effort in co-ordinating this bulk purchase. You have done such a good job! Me and my husband also interested in the laundry hanger. Can you include us in your list first and upon getting key n view the quality, then we decide which one we like.

I also agree to meet up and discuss what are the lobangs we have. Its tedious to do the co-ordinating work via internet.

As what I'v put up in this forum, you may want to use my ID from Maxpro, David, 90068441. The price I'v gotten from him is reasonable base on my quotation. I'v learnt from David that some of you have already contacted him. Hope you guys can get a gd price 2!

isaaclim
14-03-09, 21:42
Hi Queensway,

Thanks for your effort in co-ordinating this bulk purchase. You have done such a good job! Me and my husband also interested in the laundry hanger. Can you include us in your list first and upon getting key n view the quality, then we decide which one we like.

I also agree to meet up and discuss what are the lobangs we have. Its tedious to do the co-ordinating work via internet.

As what I'v put up in this forum, you may want to use my ID from Maxpro, David, 90068441. The price I'v gotten from him is reasonable base on my quotation. I'v learnt from David that some of you have already contacted him. Hope you guys can get a gd price 2!

How much he quoted you to do your unit? Maybe we can meet to share our quote. I ami too lazy to type all the six quotations i got in the internet.

Tomorrow you free to meet? You can call me at 96838181.

ctam
14-03-09, 22:05
How much he quoted you to do your unit? Maybe we can meet to share our quote. I ami too lazy to type all the six quotations i got in the internet.

Isaac,

It'll be great if you can attach the quotation so that we can view thru this forum for comparison.

Thanks...!!!!

LA
14-03-09, 22:17

I'm not in singapore right now. Will b back next week. Will give u a call once i'm back. Catch up with u next week then!

You might not like my quotation cos mine include hacking n tearing here n there with walk-in wardrobe. But will show it to u when we meet up.

isaaclim
14-03-09, 22:45
I'm not in singapore right now. Will b back next week. Will give u a call once i'm back. Catch up with u next week then!

You might not like my quotation cos mine include hacking n tearing here n there with walk-in wardrobe. But will show it to u when we meet up.

Oh.. you may need to seriously reconsider that. Hacking in general is not permitted.

What is your layout? I am also doing walk-in closet but does not require any hacking

isaaclim
14-03-09, 22:58
Isaac,

It'll be great if you can attach the quotation so that we can view thru this forum for comparison.

Thanks...!!!!

Basically, I contacted Blink23, HomeSuccess, Rez&Relax, Vegas, Unimax Creative and NorthWest. I am still in the progress of asking them to give me a better quotation.

If you really serious in getting an ID, please kindly contact me. Because posting their quotation online, is as if they are naked in front of their competitor. :)

chang
14-03-09, 23:12
Thank you. Hope everyone benefits from his or her property investment.

And may I invite all Liverpool fans living in Quartz to celebrate their new home and our humiliation of manure.. man u... haha

ctam
14-03-09, 23:40
Basically, I contacted Blink23, HomeSuccess, Rez&Relax, Vegas, Unimax Creative and NorthWest. I am still in the progress of asking them to give me a better quotation.

If you really serious in getting an ID, please kindly contact me. Because posting their quotation online, is as if they are naked in front of their competitor. :) Isaac,

Alternatively, you can send them to using the private message... I'm really keen to know how's the market is quoting now. At least, we know how to bargain if we have quotation fm other ID:ashamed1:. Really appreciate it... I'll send you mine when we have the quotes too... Thanks!!!

isaaclim
14-03-09, 23:55
Isaac,

Alternatively, you can send them to using the private message... I'm really keen to know how's the market is quoting now. At least, we know how to bargain if we have quotation fm other ID:ashamed1:. Really appreciate it... I'll send you mine when we have the quotes too... Thanks!!!

Sure. I will do so after i received revised quotations.

Maybe we should also start to build the list for TV, washer, fridge + furnitures. :)

ctam
15-03-09, 00:02
Updated choice as follows: :)
Hi Queensway,

Updated mine as per attached. Thanks.....

ctam
15-03-09, 00:06
Sure. I will do so after i received revised quotations.

Maybe we should also start to build the list for TV, washer, fridge + furnitures. :)
Isaac,

Thanks... hope you can send them to me soon...

As for household electrical items, I suggest that you note prices fm major stores & check out with those shops in the neighbourhood, you can get abt 20-25% lower. :cheers2:

isaaclim
15-03-09, 00:21
Isaac,

Thanks... hope you can send them to me soon...

As for household electrical items, I suggest that you note prices fm major stores & check out with those shops in the neighbourhood, you can get abt 20-25% lower. :cheers2:

That is what I used to do when i purchase on my own. But if you can gather a team to buy from a shop, we should be able to get greater discount.

tortu
15-03-09, 09:15
I think we should try to get together one of these days to align our overall strategy. It will be nice to get associate with a name to a person.

vic
15-03-09, 10:21
juz bought LCD TV from IT show....plenty of good bargain. e.g LG 42" full HD selling at 899 + 30 cash voucher free. Philip 47" at $1999.

Great time to grab some of your electrical stuff.

isaaclim
15-03-09, 12:06
juz bought LCD TV from IT show....plenty of good bargain. e.g LG 42" full HD selling at 899 + 30 cash voucher free. Philip 47" at $1999.

For this particular moment, yes you got the good bargain. But it may not be true if you only need it 2 or 3 months later. 2 yrs ago i brought my 40" Samsung LCD with only 1 HDMI interface from the show. At that moments, they claims one of the latest. But within less then 3 months, Samsung release another model with 3 HDMI interface, the price for the model i brought drop way below the show offer price.

chua may lee
15-03-09, 12:48

Pls could you kindly share yr quote from Ultimate Interior Creation, coz I liked their works.

You may sms me yr hp no. so that I can call you or u could call me at 97639377. Thank you.

Cheewing
15-03-09, 13:21
Pls could you kindly share yr quote from Ultimate Interior Creation, coz I liked their works.

You may sms me yr hp no. so that I can call you or u could call me at 97639377. Thank you.

I am actually meeting them this afternoon...I like their work thus far too. :-)

tortu
15-03-09, 13:23
For this particular moment, yes you got the good bargain. But it may not be true if you only need it 2 or 3 months later. 2 yrs ago i brought my 40" Samsung LCD with only 1 HDMI interface from the show. At that moments, they claims one of the latest. But within less then 3 months, Samsung release another model with 3 HDMI interface, the price for the model i brought drop way below the show offer price.
Yes, I cannot agree anything less than that. Only buy when you are only to use them as price will drop becos of new model introduction. I am from the semiconductor & electronics industry.

chua may lee
15-03-09, 14:15
Hi Cheewing

Just called the lady named Yi Wen from Ultimate. FYI, the Seaview project which they did, it costs around 25k excluding lightings n curtains.
Seems liked they r not willing to give bulk discount. But they have tied up with suppliers to give good price to their clients for furniture n lightings, valid for 2 yrs.
Their warranty for the work done is 1 yr.

I think i will need to go down to take a look at the designs which they can offer.

Anyway, pls share yr quote too. Thank you.

isaaclim
15-03-09, 15:53
Hi Cheewing

Just called the lady named Yi Wen from Ultimate. FYI, the Seaview project which they did, it costs around 25k excluding lightings n curtains.
Seems liked they r not willing to give bulk discount. But they have tied up with suppliers to give good price to their clients for furniture n lightings, valid for 2 yrs.
Their warranty for the work done is 1 yr.

I think i will need to go down to take a look at the designs which they can offer.

Anyway, pls share yr quote too. Thank you.

You can also try Rez&Relax (97700553) and HomeSuccess (90269727). Their quoted me around 20k. If you want to take a look at the quote (not yet final), call me.

chua may lee
15-03-09, 16:26
You can also try Rez&Relax (97700553) and HomeSuccess (90269727). Their quoted me around 20k. If you want to take a look at the quote (not yet final), call me.
Thank you let me take a look at their portfolios on the website first.

axela_3
15-03-09, 18:17
me no prob too! :p

Hi Bro,

Then shall we start to get the ball rolling? How about I start a list below for the meetup?

TQ Owners 1st Official Kopi Session:
1)
2)
3)

axela_3
15-03-09, 18:19
Hi All,

Anyone here having any intention to install a CCTV system in their home?

TQ1
15-03-09, 19:26
Isaac,

Hi Isaac,

Can you PM the quotation to me as well? Since my ID ideas are about 80% similar to yours?

TQ1
15-03-09, 19:29

Wow, it is really a bargain. Intend to buy another LCD TV 42" and above type. But will prefer to wait till TOP then buy.

TQ1
15-03-09, 19:33

Hi Cheewing, appreciate if you can update us after your meeting with Ultimate. Browse through their website just now and looks like their designs are pretty nice. See if their prices are reasonable or not ??? Thanks

isaaclim
15-03-09, 20:31
Hi Cheewing, appreciate if you can update us after your meeting with Ultimate. Browse through their website just now and looks like their designs are pretty nice. See if their prices are reasonable or not ??? Thanks

The Rezt & Relax is current doing a unit at Infiniti. Going to hand over next week. I will be going down Tuesday/Wednesday to take a look at their workmanship. If you keen, you can come alone. Do call me or Rezt&Relax for the arrangement.

isaaclim
15-03-09, 20:35

Ya. I also keen to know how much their quoted you...:)

HomeSuccess gives 5 yrs workmanship warranty and Rezt&Relax gives lifetime. Don't ask me what do they mean lifetime. It is what they quoted. I also have doubt on that. That why they offer to show me their latest work.

15-03-09, 21:40
UPDATE
wonderful pics to share wif TQ owners.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=470&stc=1&d=1237121951
took aft the rain. pool got water.
below are the pics frm stack 11.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=471&stc=1&d=1237121546
living room ^^^
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=472&stc=1&d=1237121546
took frm the living room (clubhouse and pool) ^^^
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=473&stc=1&d=1237121546
heater control... do u think its nice? me think not. xP
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=474&stc=1&d=1237121546
master bedroom^^^

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=476&stc=1&d=1237123182
small toilet...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=478&stc=1&d=1237122105
neighbours...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=479&stc=1&d=1237122105
taken frm the main do0r.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=480&stc=1&d=1237122105
oh my gawd... the studyroom is sooo damn small... sobx.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=482&stc=1&d=1237122541
oh-soo-tiny-kitchen:(

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=483&stc=1&d=1237122541
hmms. drop off point. th thing in the middle is put plants de.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=485&stc=1&d=1237122541
top view
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=486&stc=1&d=1237122948
the tiles use in the drop off points^^^
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=487&stc=1&d=1237122948
water feature at the frnt gate.
okayyy. tts all. hope u enjoy.
*I am NOT trespassing. LOL:ashamed1:

quartz
15-03-09, 21:58
Hi All,

Anyone here having any intention to install a CCTV system in their home?

Me. Still thinking about it.

quartz
15-03-09, 22:01
Hi Bro,

Thank for getting the ball rolling.

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Who else? Please add yourself to the list.

ivanchan16
15-03-09, 22:07
UPDATE
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=470&stc=1&d=1237121951
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=471&stc=1&d=1237121546
living room ^^^
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=472&stc=1&d=1237121546
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=473&stc=1&d=1237121546
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=474&stc=1&d=1237121546
master bedroom^^^

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=476&stc=1&d=1237123182
small toilet...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=478&stc=1&d=1237122105
neighbours...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=479&stc=1&d=1237122105
taken frm the main do0r.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=480&stc=1&d=1237122105
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=482&stc=1&d=1237122541

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=483&stc=1&d=1237122541
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=485&stc=1&d=1237122541
top view
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=486&stc=1&d=1237122948
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=487&stc=1&d=1237122948

err... cannot view attachment leh..

bitebite
15-03-09, 22:07
UPDATE
living room ^^^
master bedroom^^^

small toilet...
neighbours...
taken frm the main do0r.

top view

Cannot see your pics leh? How heh?:doh:

15-03-09, 22:12
realli?kk. i will try agn.
sorry :P
how do it uh? pai seh...:doh:

bitebite
15-03-09, 22:18
realli?kk. i will try agn.
sorry :P
how do it uh? pai seh...:doh:

Anyone can help? I also don't know. :confused:

ivanchan16
15-03-09, 22:22
I think can go to "Additional Options" (below the Message Box that we usually type our text). Then use the Manage Attachment" Function to upload the picture file.

15-03-09, 22:56
OK, here you are.. hope ok now?:ashamed1:

ivanchan16
15-03-09, 23:10

Thanks lots, Ksiew :)

Your unit is at stack 11?

tortu
15-03-09, 23:13
WoW! This is impressive, how did you manage to take these pictures?

bitebite
15-03-09, 23:24

Wow! Is Quek Leng Chan your uncle?:eek:

15-03-09, 23:46
Yes, my unit is stack 11. How i get these pictures?? ohh...not convenient to say here....! by the way, quek leng chan is not my uncle. overall, a bit disappointed as it is quite small.:)

chia252
16-03-09, 00:04
Yes, my unit is stack 11. How i get these pictures?? ohh...not convenient to say here....! by the way, quek leng chan is not my uncle. overall, a bit disappointed as it is quite small.:)

wat is yr size of the hse

16-03-09, 00:13
:scared-2: 1141, i think so..

tortu
16-03-09, 00:37
:scared-2: 1141, i think so..

It really looks small especially one of the bedroom and kitchen area.

chang
16-03-09, 00:50

wow... thanks for the photos... great... but also now disappointed a bit at the speed of construction. Don't think they will finish by the 17th of March. Anyway, I was there on Saturday and they have removed the board as they as doing up the fence. So our wait will be prolonged.

Guess ID will help to make space in our small units then... :)

Kudos to ksiew for the photos... thanks :O)

FSSYeo
16-03-09, 01:06
Hi Bro,

Then shall we start to get the ball rolling? How about I start a list below for the meetup?

1)
2)
3)
4)FSSYeo

Pls let me know as early as possible as I am flying and need to adjust my roster.

FYI, my sister-in-law is working in Rez&Relax too. You may contact me at [email protected] if you interested in engage her service.

Thanks for arranging the meet-up for coffee. Take care

FSSYeo
16-03-09, 01:09
Hi Bro,

1)
2)
3)
4)FSS Yeo

Thank you for the arrangment.

FYI, my sister-in-law is working in Rez&Relax and you may contact me at [email protected] if you interested

FSSYeo
16-03-09, 01:10
Hi Bro,

1)
2)
3)
4)FSS Yeo

FYI, my sister-in-law is working in Rez&Relax and you may contact me at [email protected] if you interested

isaaclim
16-03-09, 03:35
4)FSSYeo

Pls let me know as early as possible as I am flying and need to adjust my roster.

FYI, my sister-in-law is working in Rez&Relax too. You may contact me at [email protected] if you interested in engage her service.

Thanks for arranging the meet-up for coffee. Take care

Count me in for the Kopi session. Please fix a date.

isaaclim
16-03-09, 03:43
It really looks small especially one of the bedroom and kitchen area.

Bare unit always look smaller. Especially, it is still in cement colour (darker).

isaaclim
16-03-09, 05:46
4)FSS Yeo

By the way, who is your sis-in-law?

tortu
16-03-09, 08:53
Hi Bro,

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz

Kopi session? ON!
Quartz, thanks for initiating this

queensway
16-03-09, 08:54

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Cheewing
16-03-09, 09:27

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Chee Wing
7)
8)
9)
10)

Cheewing
16-03-09, 09:31
Excellent pictures by Ksiew....Mine is probably the same layout as urs cos mine is stack 16. Mine is even smaller cos I dun have the planter unit in the living room....

isaaclim
16-03-09, 09:46

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7)
8)
9)
10)

tortu
16-03-09, 10:21

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8)
9)

TQ63
16-03-09, 10:53
Hi Queensway,

Hi LA,

I have approach Maxpro and got an initial quotation.
He needs to view the place before quoting some other items...
His quotation is quite competitive too. Thanks.

Quartzbie
16-03-09, 11:14

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8)Quartzbie
9)

When is the Kopi session? Would not be in Singapore from 19 March to 23 March. By the way any one done any shopping at recent IT show?

LA
16-03-09, 11:22

Thanks ksiew for the great job!
By the way, do we have the extended counter opposite the fridge area? thgt its empty?

LA
16-03-09, 11:28
Hi LA,

I have approach Maxpro and got an initial quotation.
He needs to view the place before quoting some other items...
His quotation is quite competitive too. Thanks.

Hi TQ63,
His price is not bad if u talk about its quality and aftersales service. An honest man with not much sales talk. I confirm my ID with him. Much need to change from my previous quote cos might not b able to hack wall. We are doing up the house more than we expect. Shall invite you over once my house is ready.

LA
16-03-09, 11:31

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8)
9)
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA

Kindly let us know when we are meeting up since most of us are working

tortu
16-03-09, 11:52
Looking at ksiew picture posting, really worries me about the size of the room and kitchen.

Hopefully it is the wall colour that distort the visual effect but there is no furnishng yet. So what happens when we move in bed etc?:confused:

TQ1
16-03-09, 11:59
The Rezt & Relax is current doing a unit at Infiniti. Going to hand over next week. I will be going down Tuesday/Wednesday to take a look at their workmanship. If you keen, you can come alone. Do call me or Rezt&Relax for the arrangement.

Hi issaclim,

I am afraid I may not be able to come down to take a look as I have a US counterpart in town this week. Need to take care of him.

Thanks for the info.

TQ1
16-03-09, 12:01

Hi ksview, thanks for the photos. It is indeed impressive. (Wonder how you gets in?)

TQ1
16-03-09, 12:03
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA

Kindly let us know when we are meeting up since most of us are working

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1

If possible, try to fix it on a weekend. So that everybody can attend.

Cheewing
16-03-09, 12:13
Here's a list of things that I intend to do...

1) Tv console + wall-papered feature wall
2) Full Height Cabinet on the side of the tv console
3) Dining bench with storage beneath
4) Day-bed in the living room with a movable table
5) 7 feet long 3 chest drawer in the master bedroom (serve as a tv console in the masterbed room too)
6) Walk-in wardrobe in bedroom 2
7) Study desk in bedroom 2
8) Cabinets and bookshelf for bedroom 2

Thus far, I have approached Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation. Price difference is quite a lot (nearly 6k difference).

I feel more confident in Plush Living cos the person serving us seems quite driven and look like someone who will deliver us the perfect house for us.

We are not sure whether it is worth to scout for more but am trying Reztnrelax as well. May contact Maxpro as well since it's so well regarded in this forum. :-)

chua may lee
16-03-09, 12:29
Here's a list of things that I intend to do...

1) Tv console + wall-papered feature wall
2) Full Height Cabinet on the side of the tv console
3) Dining bench with storage beneath
4) Day-bed in the living room with a movable table
5) 7 feet long 3 chest drawer in the master bedroom (serve as a tv console in the masterbed room too)
6) Walk-in wardrobe in bedroom 2
7) Study desk in bedroom 2
8) Cabinets and bookshelf for bedroom 2

Thus far, I have approached Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation. Price difference is quite a lot (nearly 6k difference).

I feel more confident in Plush Living cos the person serving us seems quite driven and look like someone who will deliver us the perfect house for us.

We are not sure whether it is worth to scout for more but am trying Reztnrelax as well. May contact Maxpro as well since it's so well regarded in this forum. :-)
Hi Chee Wing

Roughly, how much did Plush Living n Ultimate quoted u for the above work?

Thanks!

isaaclim
16-03-09, 12:54
Where is the site for Maxpro?

Unity
16-03-09, 13:27
Hi Bro,

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Who else? Please add yourself to the list.

I would love to but currently working abroad. Unless I know the date I can't comfirm as much as I would like to meet up and get to know everyone ..

vic
16-03-09, 13:36

thks for pointing it out....there's never going to be an ending in the pursuing of electronic goods be it PC, handphones, audio TV etc etc. New and better product comes out faster than we can imagine, as long as the consumer is happy wif their product at the time/point of purchase then then all is well :D

I can never tell if my neighbour TV is higher pixel than mine or their sound system is better. I doubt anyone will go do that, usually after purchase its juz another TV (my hope its tat it can last long! lol)

Anyway many of those LCD TV r mainly 2007 model....i.e. Philip 47" @ 1999.

vic
16-03-09, 13:40
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1
10) vic n yoby

Include us too, Cheers!

I did passby to take a look at the progress while on the way for dinner at Pongol Park juz last week. Quite slow...looks like April more likely.

quartz
16-03-09, 14:42
Hi all,

can we target sometime in Apr to meet up?
Think best on a Sunday.

let make it on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of Apr (12th or the 19th)

Venue, the Kopitiam next to Quartz.

Ok with the date?

TQ63
16-03-09, 14:45
Hi TQ63,
His price is not bad if u talk about its quality and aftersales service. An honest man with not much sales talk. I confirm my ID with him. Much need to change from my previous quote cos might not b able to hack wall. We are doing up the house more than we expect. Shall invite you over once my house is ready.

Hi LA,

Thanks for the invitation. We will surely be there.

Looking at the layout, there is problem to fit in shoe cabinet in living room...
Anyone face the same problem? :cheers1:

quartz
16-03-09, 14:55
Same here. Not too sure where can I place the shoe cabinet.

Anyway, went down to IMM last week and visit 2 ID shops.

Getting them to provide quotation.

Will share it once available.

Rapister
16-03-09, 15:35
u all dont mind add me to the meet up list

i want to see your units

SIA
16-03-09, 17:11

Thanks Ksiew, the pictures were well taken and provided a good close up. :cheers4:
Agreed, the place looks a bit small. :(

SIA
16-03-09, 17:15
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1
10) vic n yoby
11) SIA

Let me know the date and time.
Looking forward to meet the neighbours. :cheers4:

axela_3
16-03-09, 17:21
Hi all,

can we target sometime in Apr to meet up?
Think best on a Sunday.

let make it on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of Apr (12th or the 19th)

Venue, the Kopitiam next to Quartz.

Ok with the date?

Eh bro,

By the looks of it, the list of attendees will be quite long. Do you think the KPT will be large enough?

TQ1
16-03-09, 17:30
Eh bro,

By the looks of it, the list of attendees will be quite long. Do you think the KPT will be large enough?

Since it is going to be about 1 month from now. Or you guys want to wait till TOP, (since TOP may be in Apr) we can then gather and meet at the club house? :cheers1:

Icekopi
16-03-09, 17:31
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1

If possible, try to fix it on a weekend. So that everybody can attend.

Sorry for the late reply, doing my ICT now for a week and managed to grab hold of a pc, he he.

Someone mentioned kopi??? on on on on on! Its gonna be in april right?

isaaclim
16-03-09, 17:36
Eh bro,

wah liao, you need a stadium ah?

I think we can first meet up just for some lobang discussion first, no need to wait until TOP lah.

This coming Sunday after breakfast ok? I will have another round of meet up with IDs by this Saturday. So, by Sunday should have some solid quotation on hand to share.

Quartzbie
16-03-09, 17:40
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1
10) vic n yoby
11) SIA
12) Quartzbie

Let me know the date and time.
Looking forward to meet the neighbours. :cheers4:

1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1
10) vic n yoby
11) SIA
12) Quartzbie
I tot someone suggest that we meet on the 3rd or 4th week of April? Maybe that is the time we are getting our keys? :)

isaaclim
16-03-09, 18:03
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1
10) vic n yoby
11) SIA
12) Quartzbie
I tot someone suggest that we meet on the 3rd or 4th week of April? Maybe that is the time we are getting our keys? :)

Meet after key collection is for later part.
Now we meet just to share "lobang." and create market force for good bargain. :)

quartz
16-03-09, 19:03
Eh bro,

Ha Ha.

Lucky we got 2 Kopitiam nearby Quartz.

So no prob.

Cot
16-03-09, 20:39
Hi LA,

Looking at the layout, there is problem to fit in shoe cabinet in living room...

I have been thinking for long..Then I decided to use the area where we put our fridge..A normal fridge for a small family is about 70cm..I think the area for the fridge is much bigger..so after giving allowance for the door for wet kitchen and fridge opening..maybe some space can be squeeze for the shoe cabinet..

Cot
16-03-09, 20:42
My lawyer so far no news at all :(

ctam
16-03-09, 21:26
Thanks for keeping us updated regarding the deferment status. Hope to see you soon at Quartz.
TQ1,
Bad news for both of us, but good news for the rest of TQ owners. Guocoland called us after receiving our lawyer's letter requesting to collect our keys at the last batch. Guocoland said that they would issue TOP & keys to all TQ owners in Apr 09. 1st & last batches are just within only a few days.... So we have no choice, but to collect keys, renovate & move in by June, during school holidays =(

ctam
16-03-09, 21:33
Thanks for keeping us updated regarding the deferment status. Hope to see you soon at Quartz. TQ1,
Bad news for both of us, but good news for the rest of TQ owners. Guocoland called us after receiving our lawyer's letter requesting to collect our keys at the last batch. Guocoland said that they would issue TOP & keys to all TQ owners in Apr 09. 1st & last batches are just within few days.... So we have no choice, but to collect keys, renovate & move in by June, during school holidays =(

16-03-09, 21:39
I have been thinking for long..Then I decided to use the area where we put our fridge..A normal fridge for a small family is about 70cm..I think the area for the fridge is much bigger..so after giving allowance for the door for wet kitchen and fridge opening..maybe some space can be squeeze for the shoe cabinet..

HMMS. i think 85 cm nia.(5 spreadout palms) just nice to put a samsung side-by-side refridgerator, hehe. mabye can squeeze in 1 pair of shoe if getting a 70cm fridge.:D
perhaps we shd buy less shoes. i realli cant find a space t0 have a shoe cabinet. mayb ID can help...

wif reference to the pic, do u guys think the ceiling is low?

Quartzbie
16-03-09, 21:45
TQ1,
Bad news for both of us, but good news for the rest of TQ owners. Guocoland called us after receiving our lawyer's letter requesting to collect our keys at the last batch. Guocoland said that they would issue TOP & keys to all TQ owners in Apr 09. 1st & last batches are just within few days.... So we have no choice, but to collect keys, renovate & move in by June, during school holidays =(

Sorry to hear that but its good news to most of us i believe....I guess we would be able to have our kopi session in the Quartz then... :)

tortu
16-03-09, 21:47
TQ1,
Bad news for both of us, but good news for the rest of TQ owners. Guocoland called us after receiving our lawyer's letter requesting to collect our keys at the last batch. Guocoland said that they would issue TOP & keys to all TQ owners in Apr 09. 1st & last batches are just within only a few days.... So we have no choice, but to collect keys, renovate & move in by June, during school holidays =(
This is definitely bad news for me as I don't plan to move in yet. But are we sure it is safe to move in by June given still so much of construction still on going?

ctam
16-03-09, 21:54
This is definitely bad news for me as I don't plan to move in yet. But are we sure it is safe to move in by June given still so much of construction?
Hahaha... really don't know, but my friend working with China Construction was telling me that they were rushing to finish the work to handover in Apr 09 for inspection. Guocoland also confirmed TOP in Apr 09.:)

i12mmo2
16-03-09, 22:12
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1
10) vic n yoby
11)i12mmo2 :)

Look forward to the first gathering and thanks for posting those pixs.

TQ1
16-03-09, 22:16
TQ1,

Thanks for your update. My law firm had also called me regarding the key collection in Apr 09. Since first and last batch is only a matter of days, so no point delay. In that case, we can take our time to select ID and no need to rush. After complete reno, can take it as a week end "chalet" for the time being till we finally move in....

Cheewing
16-03-09, 22:21
1) Axela
2) Icekopi
3) Quartz
4) FSS Yeo
5) Queensway
6) Isaac
7) Tor
8) LA
9) TQ1
10) vic n yoby
11)i12mmo2 :)
12) Chee Wing

Look forward to the first gathering and thanks for posting those pixs.

isaaclim
16-03-09, 23:19
Thanks for your update. My law firm had also called me regarding the key collection in Apr 09. Since first and last batch is only a matter of days, so no point delay. In that case, we can take our time to select ID and no need to rush. After complete reno, can take it as a week end "chalet" for the time being till we finally move in....

If you don't want to collect your key earlier, you can make good use of the 14 days to prolong the date of key collection. For this size of project, it would take 1-1.5 months to complete the key collection process.

FSSYeo
17-03-09, 04:31
By the way, who is your sis-in-law?

Her name is Jaslyn..

May I know is there any adminstration to control the notification of this discussion board? I cant seem to catch up with the disscussion here coz unlike other forum, there is an email notification to let me know there is a message for me. Pls advise

quartz
17-03-09, 06:43
Her name is Jaslyn..

May I know is there any adminstration to control the notification of this discussion board? I cant seem to catch up with the disscussion here coz unlike other forum, there is an email notification to let me know there is a message for me. Pls advise

Hi FSSYeo,

There should be an email notification sent to you as and when there is a posting. Cause I do rec'd such notification.

Please go to "FAQ", and select "What is email notification". Think you activate it from there.

axela_3
17-03-09, 08:19
Ha Ha.

Lucky we got 2 Kopitiam nearby Quartz.

So no prob.

Then we'll be having 2 parties? One PAP and the other SDP? HAhahahaha!

axela_3
17-03-09, 08:21
Sorry for the late reply, doing my ICT now for a week and managed to grab hold of a pc, he he.

Someone mentioned kopi??? on on on on on! Its gonna be in april right?

Brother, relax. You name has been auto added to the list. How can we leave you out with a nick like yours? :cheers4:

LA
17-03-09, 10:34
Where is the site for Maxpro?
Maxpro does not hv a website as his cust is all by words of mouth.

LA
17-03-09, 10:44
Hi LA,

TQ63,

I'v thgt of the laundry n shoe cabinet part long b4 i shifted in. I'm recyclying my cd racks, gotten from barang barang n put it inside the store room. In this case, my living hall looks more clear cut. Will show u how's clothes being hung n shoe storage once u comeby my place.

libratiger
17-03-09, 11:37
TQ1,

Called Guocoland marketing just now. Targeted TOP end Apr. Thereafter, 14 days to payup. After Guocoland receives payment, then they start to schedule keys collection which takes at least 3 weeks. So gauging from this schedule, earliest mid May to collect keys.

TQ63
17-03-09, 11:48

Hi,

Never tot of that.. Thanks for the idea.
Will discuss with the ID to hear from his opinion.
The ID need to see the place to comment...:spliff2:

TQ63
17-03-09, 11:52
HMMS. i think 85 cm nia.(5 spreadout palms) just nice to put a samsung side-by-side refridgerator, hehe. mabye can squeeze in 1 pair of shoe if getting a 70cm fridge.:D
perhaps we shd buy less shoes. i realli cant find a space t0 have a shoe cabinet. mayb ID can help...

wif reference to the pic, do u guys think the ceiling is low?

Hi Ksiew,

I think my husband will like yr proposal...:p
Tat reminds me of him calling me "SoTong" Leg

FSSYeo
17-03-09, 13:08
Hi FSSYeo,

There should be an email notification sent to you as and when there is a posting. Cause I do rec'd such notification.

Please go to "FAQ", and select "What is email notification". Think you activate it from there.

isaaclim
17-03-09, 14:08
Maxpro does not hv a website as his cust is all by words of mouth.

What is the contact no for Maxpro?

Cheewing
17-03-09, 14:19
Was thinking of building a shoe cabinet at the fridge area and move my fridge to where the washing machine was originally sited. Not sure whether there is another drainage point for the washing machine ard the yard area...

TQ63
17-03-09, 14:24
What is the contact no for Maxpro?

His name is David HP: 90068441.

Got the contact from LA

TQ1
17-03-09, 14:45
Was thinking of building a shoe cabinet at the fridge area and move my fridge to where the washing machine was originally sited. Not sure whether there is another drainage point for the washing machine ard the yard area...

But it is nicer to place the fridge at the dry rather than the wet area. Anyone got recommendation from the ID?

flanderman
17-03-09, 15:51
But it is nicer to place the fridge at the dry rather than the wet area. Anyone got recommendation from the ID?

One of the ID i spoke to actually recommended for the shoe cabinet to be at the door (right after u enter the main door). They claimed that the space ard there is enuf for a shoe cabinet to be fitted. Personally, I have stared at the floor plan until my eyes pop out, still can't figure out where else to put it (in terms practicality). :doh:

quartz
17-03-09, 20:55
One of the ID i spoke to actually recommended for the shoe cabinet to be at the door (right after u enter the main door). They claimed that the space ard there is enuf for a shoe cabinet to be fitted. Personally, I have stared at the floor plan until my eyes pop out, still can't figure out where else to put it (in terms practicality). :doh:

Ha... I got a crazy idea..... Can we ask the developer whether can we place the shoe cabinet outside our main door. Design wise we can all standardise.....

Alan Tam
17-03-09, 21:50
Ha... I got a crazy idea..... Can we ask the developer whether can we place the shoe cabinet outside our main door. Design wise we can all standardise .....
That is a good idea (not crazy), but I don't understand why can't we put our shoes outside the house in TQ. I visited many of my friends who also stay in condo, and they are all putting their shoes outside their house. Imagine if we have 'house warming' or 'CNY' gathering and all our friends shoe are in our small house just next to dinning area. How about slippers?

chang
17-03-09, 22:01
That is a good idea (not crazy), but I don't understand why can't we put our shoes outside the house in TQ. I visited many of my friends who also stay in condo, and they are all putting their shoes outside their house. Imagine if we have 'house warming' or 'CNY' gathering and all our friends shoe are in our small house just next to dinning area. How about slippers?

actually i dun think they can say no as in most condos pple do just that. As long as it does not infringe the common areas and block our neighbours they have no right to stop us. They shld have expected this when they build the house without providing space for us to put the shoe rack.

TQ1
17-03-09, 22:21
actually i dun think they can say no as in most condos pple do just that. As long as it does not infringe the common areas and block our neighbours they have no right to stop us. They shld have expected this when they build the house without providing space for us to put the shoe rack.

I don't think they can stop us. I even asked the agent when I viewed the show flat last year. Initally, I thought we can place the shoe rack at the tiny space just outside the main door. But after went back there for a second look, it seems impossible. The agent told me we can place it outside as long as it do not cause obstruction to the neighbours.