PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

MrsWan
13-05-09, 23:00
Tks Constancet,i thought im the only one. Im glad u like your view. Love mine too. Just need to iron out the defects.:)
Same here, cannot access.. anyway can we park our car there after we collected the key and we had paid the maintenance right? Mine is on this Sat tot of going town after that hehe... will come back to collect the car haha... Just a sudden thinking...

GEMS
13-05-09, 23:22
Same here, cannot access.. anyway can we park our car there after we collected the key and we had paid the maintenance right? Mine is on this Sat tot of going town after that hehe... will come back to collect the car haha... Just a sudden thinking...

Sounds like a great plan Mrs Wan. Im sure u can park there:)

tortu
14-05-09, 00:05
Mrs Wan,

Please feel free to park your car and even go swimming, use the gym etc as you are the official owner once upon key collection.

hyip68034
14-05-09, 08:30
Chris,

U'r referring that owner selling below present valuation or below their purchased price???

Owner was selling because son is migrating for work. Business was brisk and unit was sold last weekend.

Dear owners of TQ, please PM me if you want to sell your unit because I have buyers interested. Happy collecting keys!! :)

Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected]

ctam
14-05-09, 10:23
Please sign up for an account @ http://thequartz.sgboards.com/thequartz.html to learn more about bulk purchases arrangement that are under planning.
Isaac,

Is the website down? Can't access since last evening :(

kasper
14-05-09, 11:30
Owner was selling because son is migrating for work. Business was brisk and unit was sold last weekend.

Dear owners of TQ, please PM me if you want to sell your unit because I have buyers interested. Happy collecting keys!! :)

Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected]

How much did you sold it? How much comms r u asking? May be keen to sell my unit too if the price it good..

axela_3
14-05-09, 11:34
Yup ctam. The site is still down as we speak. Not too sure when it'll be up. Probably, GL intentionally got someone to hack our forum. :eek:

Isaac,

Is the website down? Can't access since last evening :(

marshallwan
14-05-09, 11:52
Your view is good. You are between the best and the worst view.
Tuck in the middle, you have a good pool view that is not too high. But not like mine too high to see the pool. I was actually at LEVEL 6 last week just below your. View is great.

Look forward to meeting you.

yeah, i think our forum is down. i cant access too. :(
got my keys today. Loved the bay window and planter view from the living room!
yet to check workmanship thoroughly, but can see some glue stains on masterbedrm wardrobe.

marshallwan
14-05-09, 11:53
Check with ISSAC, he is the administrator.

Yup ctam. The site is still down as we speak. Not too sure when it'll be up. Probably, GL intentionally got someone to hack our forum. :eek:

marshallwan
14-05-09, 11:55
Probably Issac is busy with his defect list. Now he had additional task. Defect on his server as well.....All the problem come at the same time.

Check with ISSAC, he is the administrator.

MrsWan
14-05-09, 13:21
Mrs Wan,

Please feel free to park your car and even go swimming, use the gym etc as you are the official owner once upon key collection.

haha my auntie tot of going swimming with boyboy (a child that my mum babysit) while my mum help me to clean the house before move in.

constancet
14-05-09, 13:46
Paiseh ah, my kids already had a dip in the kids pool yesterday with their clothes on. They took off their shoes and requested to just walk on the edge, but within a min, all 3 were fully in the water. :P

Nice meeting you, franshu, if you happen to be reading this thread.
:)

haha my auntie tot of going swimming with boyboy (a child that my mum babysit) while my mum help me to clean the house before move in.

MrsWan
14-05-09, 14:03
Paiseh ah, my kids already had a dip in the kids pool yesterday with their clothes on. They took off their shoes and requested to just walk on the edge, but within a min, all 3 were fully in the water. :P

Nice meeting you, franshu, if you happen to be reading this thread.
:)

wahaha kids will never listen when comes to pool..

ctam
14-05-09, 15:48
Coz we've too many things to complain.... :D

constancet
14-05-09, 19:19
issaclim
where r u?
TQ forum down.....
starting to have withdrawal symptoms liao....
:(

isaaclim
14-05-09, 19:25
Wah.. so many things happened this week.

My daughter's exam... Our implementation got bugs... and the forum crashed.

I will be calling the service provider later... to see how can we bring it online again.

Anyways, we are meeting @ TQ this Saturday 10am for Chengai Decking. If you can please try to be there... and we may have some short discussion.

i12mmo2
14-05-09, 20:02

I will be calling the service provider later... to see how can we bring it online again.

Anyways, we are meeting @ TQ this Saturday 10am for Chengai Decking. If you can please try to be there... and we may have some short discussion.

Cool...I have collected my keys too. Love the pool view - especially in the evening. Look forward to meeting you guys this saturday. Harrier Ow

isaaclim
14-05-09, 21:00
I have talked to guy that hosted the forum for us. We still in the midst of discussing the possibility to bring the forum up and running ASAP.

Meanwhile. we can use this forum for some general discussion.

kal
14-05-09, 21:41
i was standing between the multi purpose room and the lap pool, looking down into the pool, it was so dirty with mud and sand and can see a big nail inside !! So dangerous !

constancet
14-05-09, 21:54
Yeah, we will be ard on sat morning too. C you guys!

Cool...I have collected my keys too. Love the pool view - especially in the evening. Look forward to meeting you guys this saturday. Harrier Ow

marshallwan
14-05-09, 22:05
Have you got your ID?

Was at my unit half and hour ago....the view at nite is so romantic.

Manage to go in with my secret pin which was hacked via some gadget.

Cant imagine, I have both exposure to the terrace in the front (roof terrace) and back (secret gardern).

I can even see the secret garden from my hall....

Really refreshing. The view towards the city from the secret gardern was really amazing.

The wind was howling strong....

To bad cant see the pool much....

issaclim

here r u?
TQ forum down.....
starting to have withdrawal symptoms liao....
:(

jy03
14-05-09, 22:19
Hi Marhallwan, you collected your key?

Have you got your ID?

Was at my unit half and hour ago....the view at nite is so romantic.

Manage to go in with my secret pin which was hacked via some gadget.

Cant imagine, I have both exposure to the terrace in the front (roof terrace) and back (secret gardern).

I can even see the secret garden from my hall....

Really refreshing. The view towards the city from the secret gardern was really amazing.

The wind was howling strong....

To bad cant see the pool much....

marshallwan
14-05-09, 22:25
Not yet. Probably 2 months from today.

What are you?

Which unit are you from?

Hi Marhallwan, you collected your key?

jy03
14-05-09, 22:40
I from stack 57, not collected key yet. More work got to do in the coming months......not yet finalised ID also...

Not yet. Probably 2 months from today.

What are you?

Which unit are you from?

vic
14-05-09, 23:27
juz collected key today....:D

windytrombone
15-05-09, 00:09

Hi Isaac & neighbours,
We are interested to join this sat meeting. Hope to be able to make it. May we know where would be the meeting point in TQ? We have yet to collect our keys. Would the security allow us in or we need to show our lawyer letter?

Quartzbie
15-05-09, 00:19
Hi Isaac & neighbours,
We are interested to join this sat meeting. Hope to be able to make it. May we know where would be the meeting point in TQ? We have yet to collect our keys. Would the security allow us in or we need to show our lawyer letter?

welcome...see u at the pool side..if you have problem coming in can mention that you are meeting Isacc..he is a well known guy there haha.... :P See u at the pool at 10am to meet up with perfect deco first and 11am with Hendon.

axela_3
15-05-09, 08:47
ya. but if GL had done a proper job in the first place. there won't be anything for us to complain. that's karma for them. hahahaha.

well, i guess we've ome full circle haven't we? now back here in thsi forum again. :doh:

axela_3
15-05-09, 08:48
ya. but if GL had done a proper job in the first place. there won't be anything for us to complain. that's karma for them. hahahaha.

well, i guess we've ome full circle haven't we? now back here in this forum again. :doh:

peterng8
15-05-09, 08:58
welcome...see u at the pool side..if you have problem coming in can mention that you are meeting Isacc..he is a well known guy there haha.... :P See u at the pool at 10am to meet up with perfect deco first and 11am with Hendon.

----------------------------------------
You all can vote him for committee member liao..:)

marshallwan
15-05-09, 09:29
Thanks for the update.

You can try ICE from PROJECT I.

She is really great!

I am seeing her this SAT for my final assessment on her quotation.

juz collected key today....:D

queensway
15-05-09, 09:32
Dear folks

Had finish all the evalution of the laundry system as well. Hmm, i will call in the vendor 2mr as well for all viewing. All those who are joining for the bulk, please come..

Tame & Ezliving

Chews
15-05-09, 11:15
Hi neighbours,

Just join this forum. Wow.. u all are fast already start getting quote from ID. I yet to do so :doh: . Will be collecting my key next mon afternoon, excited.

Chews
15-05-09, 11:21
Hi,

what laundry system n bulk u refering to?

Dear folks

Had finish all the evalution of the laundry system as well. Hmm, i will call in the vendor 2mr as well for all viewing. All those who are joining for the bulk, please come..

Tame & Ezliving

constancet
15-05-09, 11:36
queensway
same timing as Issaclim's apptm with the decking guys?

Dear folks

Tame & Ezliving

Quartz09
15-05-09, 11:40
can i check on the laundry hanger... realised that the yard area has false ceiling.. would the ceiling be able to take the weight of the hanger? :)

queensway

Chews
15-05-09, 11:47
We are neighbour......at BLK 67. we are side by side. I am at 69.

yo marshallwan, we are also neighbour...i am at 69 too! #18! My greeting to you!:cheers5:

ctam
15-05-09, 12:27
Dear folks

Tame & Ezliving
QW, Isaac,

Thanks both for your arrangement.

We'll b collecting our keys tomorrow at 9.30am. We'll join u guys at the pool to view the chengai wood & laundry system once we'r done. Btw, KS-Winson is coming tomorrow at 11am to take a look at my unit.

queensway
15-05-09, 12:58
queensway

Vendor will come in at 10 - 11am

queensway
15-05-09, 13:00
can i check on the laundry hanger... realised that the yard area has false ceiling.. would the ceiling be able to take the weight of the hanger? :)

usually able to do so with bracket. vendor will access the necessary & advise.

vic
15-05-09, 14:00
Juz came back from defect checking with my contractor....prob have to do it another round 2moro morning...:doh:

Anther thing....seems the developer dun allow hacking of exisiting wall?? Funny cuz the showflat was shown with study wall hacked down. I have plan to hack the smallest bed room wall to make the place bigger.

Anyone have experienced this issue?

Quartz09
15-05-09, 14:17
thanks thanks.. we hope to make it tom.. :)

usually able to do so with bracket. vendor will access the necessary & advise.

LA
15-05-09, 14:28
Juz came back from defect checking with my contractor....prob have to do it another round 2moro morning...:doh:

Anther thing....seems the developer dun allow hacking of exisiting wall?? Funny cuz the showflat was shown with study wall hacked down. I have plan to hack the smallest bed room wall to make the place bigger.

Hi Vic, my intention is exactly like urs. But TQ has to wait approx 1 yr for CSC before we can do any hacking. Thus gave up the idea. Wat we learn from the mgmt is : do it after CSC approval.

vic
15-05-09, 14:32
Hi Vic, my intention is exactly like urs. But TQ has to wait approx 1 yr for CSC before we can do any hacking. Thus gave up the idea. Wat we learn from the mgmt is : do it after CSC approval.

damn....thats means a change of design...sian

davidcpg2002
15-05-09, 16:33
Hi This is Babblemum-

For those who are keen on the bulk purchase of decking n hanger- it would be best to make yourselves available tomorrow. That will give the supplier confidence in what we are saying ie we have 30 owners interestd... Also at some pt- we do haf to know who you are and make sure u are genuine bulk purchase buyer. ;)

chia252
15-05-09, 17:16
Hi This is Babblemum-

For those who are keen on the bulk purchase of decking n hanger- it would be best to make yourselves available tomorrow. That will give the supplier confidence in what we are saying ie we have 30 owners interestd... Also at some pt- we do haf to know who you are and make sure u are genuine bulk purchase buyer. ;)

Sure, I will be there if possible thanks for the information

quartz
15-05-09, 18:06

Hi Vic,

Any major defects? Just got the keys this afternoon. Mine seems like mostly uneven flooring, Windows issues, Windows Frame issues etc..... Got the keys late afternoon..... can't really do a decent check as it was raining and sky was dark.......

Plan to continue tmr...

Any major defects to share?

vic
15-05-09, 19:29
Hi Vic,

Any major defects? Just got the keys this afternoon. Mine seems like mostly uneven flooring, Windows issues, Windows Frame issues etc..... Got the keys late afternoon..... can't really do a decent check as it was raining and sky was dark.......

Plan to continue tmr...

Any major defects to share?

Plenty!

Must take note the following:

1. Parquet joints especially those near your wardrobe...very rough and uneven...I have even seen one area putty was used to cover up. Need to touch up.

2. Laminate on various cardboard...including kitchen cabinet...some are oready torn...my contractor says must ask them to touch up or else if water goes in then bye bye in few months time.

3. Various scratched surface on window glass, hard table top. Havent even use got liao...:doh: Must ask them to re polish again.

4. Kitchen sink....do u know they were held on to the kitchen top by two small screw each?? open up the cabinet door below them and look up...this mean if there is too heavy weight on the sink it will laterally "sink in"

5. Tiles in toilet. Some of them have serious scratches oready....:doh: and those in the living room got one or two got chipped edges

6. Oh...must look at your ceiling too...I have one portion in my 2nd bedroom coming off.

marshallwan
15-05-09, 21:02
CHEW<

I am at 67 not 69. Not neighour in the same block but neighbour in QUARTZ

yo marshallwan, we are also neighbour...i am at 69 too! #18! My greeting to you!:cheers5:

marshallwan
15-05-09, 21:03
VIC,

May i know what STACK are you in?

I am very shocked to see so many defects!

Plenty!

1. Parquet joints especially those near your wardrobe...very rough and uneven...I have even seen one area putty was used to cover up. Need to touch up.

2. Laminate on various cardboard...including kitchen cabinet...some are oready torn...my contractor says must ask them to touch up or else if water goes in then bye bye in few months time.

3. Various scratched surface on window glass, hard table top. Havent even use got liao...:doh: Must ask them to re polish again.

4. Kitchen sink....do u know they were held on to the kitchen top by two small screw each?? open up the cabinet door below them and look up...this mean if there is too heavy weight on the sink it will laterally "sink in"

5. Tiles in toilet. Some of them have serious scratches oready....:doh: and those in the living room got one or two got chipped edges

6. Oh...must look at your ceiling too...I have one portion in my 2nd bedroom coming off.

dennislee
15-05-09, 21:19
This is WTONEwife, (53, 08-08)

we collected our keys this morning. Hasnt done the proper defect check yet, but a simple browsing and already my hubby spotted 100+ items.
We will be doing the actual check this weekend.

It was raining heavily this afternoon at 4plus 5pm. We were enjoying the strong breeze when suddenly, omg, the rain kept pouring in through our kitchen planter into our kitchen. By time the rain stopped, my kitchen floor was wet. All way into the washer area. I am wondering how am i going to place electric washer there in this instance. And that would mean i have to mop the place everytime it rains like this. Is this why they use this name WET KITCHEN for TQ?? This is really a major headache if they disallow us to install a door or what.

The corridor. Rain poured in via the low parapet and wet the corridor floor. it's dirty and wet. There goes the idea of placing a shoe rack right outside the door. The entrance to my house is wet too. And not forgetting, the main door material might be damaged in no time.

Plenty!

kasper
15-05-09, 22:00
The offer at SunRin this Sunday still ON? Can someone provide me the contact over at this forum. Thanks.

kasper
15-05-09, 22:04

Sorry I am not able to make it this Sat...but I will go with the crowd..count me in..do let me know whether we going for perfectdeco or hendon...

fabiantec
15-05-09, 22:05
I would like to come and view both the decking and laundry hanger but am currently overseas for the weekend and unable to make it.:( Can anyone who have attended the meeting kindly update me? I am one that belongs to the quite urgent catergory. Thanks to Isaac and Bubblemum for organising the meeting...Fab

Hi This is Babblemum-

Cot
15-05-09, 23:21
I may not be able to make it tomorrow for the viewing, but also keen on the chengnai & laundry hanger

ctam
15-05-09, 23:27
Hello TQ owners,

Go & check out the prices at the Mega Discount Store - United Square atrium sales..... good bargain :D

Happy shopping.... :)

vic
15-05-09, 23:31
VIC,

May i know what STACK are you in?

I am very shocked to see so many defects!

nah, not so bad lah....my wife to be say I am too picky. :D she says its petty normal defects for new places juz completed.

Anyway I will juz submit those I have pointed out and see what they will say.

Oh a plus point : my contractor says the living room flooring was quite well laid except for the 2 chipped tiles near the planters.

vic
15-05-09, 23:37
This is WTONEwife, (53, 08-08)

It was raining heavily this afternoon at 4plus 5pm. We were enjoying the strong breeze when suddenly, omg, the rain kept pouring in through our kitchen planter into our kitchen. By time the rain stopped, my kitchen floor was wet. All way into the washer area. I am wondering how am i going to place electric washer there in this instance. And that would mean i have to mop the place everytime it rains like this. Is this why they use this name WET KITCHEN for TQ?? This is really a major headache if they disallow us to install a door or what.

hmmm I notice this potiential problem as well and asked my contractor how to address this issue. I suggested maybe installing those bamboo blinds might help.

tortu
16-05-09, 00:05
hmmm I notice this potiential problem as well and asked my contractor how to address this issue. I suggested maybe installing those bamboo blinds might help.

This is Tor here just in case people dont know who tortu is.

I also collected keys this morning and was there the whole day spotting defects. To be honest, if we really want to be picky, there are many defects that can be spotted. I have about 42 defects ranging from scratches, warp panel, rusty screws, crack flooing.

But I believe all these can be fixed as long as we reported it to GL.

Although I have quite a list, I just tell myself to be postive and work it out with GL.

Dont worry be happy, let's meet tomorrow and we can talk in person.

Last but not least, while we are checking defects, we were praying for rain so that we can know if the yard planter will be wet. True enough it rains cat and dogs at 5pm and my yard was slightly wet but definitely not as bad as some of you have experienced. So does this has to do with the direction of our blocks, wind and structure of the house. I realised all floor 16 is quite well protected from rain as floor 17 always has a roof terrace which serves as a shelter for those at floor 16.

spiker10
16-05-09, 00:33
Hi all,

will be involved in a wedding tmr, so can't make it. Bu i'm definitely in for the decking. Looks like it'll have to be front and kitchen planter areas , after i looked at my unit.

Regards,
Adrian

chang
16-05-09, 01:02

I also collected keys this morning and was there the whole day spotting defects. To be honest, if we really want to be picky, there are many defects that can be spotted. I have about 42 defects ranging from scratches, warp panel, rusty screws, crack flooing.

Although I have quite a list, I just tell myself to be postive and work it out with GL.

Last but not least, while we are checking defects, we were praying for rain so that we can know if the yard planter will be wet. True enough it rains cat and dogs at 5pm and my yard was slightly wet but definitely not as bad as some of you have experienced. So does this has to do with the direction of our blocks, wind and structure of the house. I realised all floor 16 is quite well protected from rain as floor 17 always has a roof terrace which serves as a shelter for those at floor 16.

tor, u spot on for the shelter from 17th flooe... :) in fact it offers protection even to lower levels likemine...

my unit seems fine even though it rained so i am keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way...

MrsWan
16-05-09, 01:12
Sorry I wont be able to make it tomorrow but we are keen on the laundry system. I have 2 units, me and my MIL. Will be collecting my key at 2pm so hope to see you guys and ladies there.

Do keep us update, thank you :)

caspercasper
16-05-09, 01:16
I know all owners are hoping to make TQ a great place to live in, except for a few VERY INCONSIDERATE ones.

I read from the house rules that "No pets are allowed in and around the vicinity of the Pools." However, I was at the pool area today and an irritating owner with his family dragging his stupid dog along the way. And his damn dog went peeing near the pool area. I was like what AN IDIOT. Be responsible for your animal.

Just hoping that everyone in TQ owning a pet to take note and be considerate or responsible else I will be the first to lodge a complain with mgmt committee.

Regulators
16-05-09, 01:36
TQ owners after regretting their buy >>:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I know all owners are hoping to make TQ a great place to live in, except for a few VERY INCONSIDERATE ones.

I read from the house rules that "No pets are allowed in and around the vicinity of the Pools." However, I was at the pool area today and an irritating owner with his family dragging his stupid dog along the way. And his damn dog went peeing near the pool area. I was like what AN IDIOT. Be responsible for your animal.

Just hoping that everyone in TQ owning a pet to take note and be considerate or responsible else I will be the first to lodge a complain with mgmt committee.

orange
16-05-09, 01:54
wtf man? do you even own a unit at the quartz? why purposely come in here to laugh at quartz owners? you very free? go and die lah, clone. fake-o.

Regulators
16-05-09, 02:00
so you have nothing better to do to come here and starting like a doggie. go and finish your high school first lah...gin nah sai...

wtf man? do you even own a unit at the quartz? why purposely come in here to laugh at quartz owners? you very free? go and die lah, clone. fake-o.

vic
16-05-09, 17:29

Sadly in all community theres bond to have some inconsiderate one around...next time juz go up to them and let them know in their face.

I

isaaclim
16-05-09, 17:37
It seems that we might have to migrate to another forum. This freelancer who used to host our forum for free is now asking for donation to raise fund for his new server.

So, i have created another forum for TQ owners at http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Please do sign-up for an account there.

If you still interested to team up for Chengai Decking and Laundry Hanger, please email me your name, contact no and unit no to [email protected]

Quartz09
16-05-09, 18:25
Thanks Isaac...:)

It seems that we might have to migrate to another forum. This freelancer who used to host our forum for free is now asking for donation to raise fund for his new server.

So, i have created another forum for TQ owners at http://thequartz.freeforums.org

If you still interested to team up for Chengai Decking and Laundry Hanger, please email me your name, contact no and unit no to [email protected]

tortu
16-05-09, 21:24
Hi guys,

For all Quartz owners, please refrain from posting too "personal" Quartz matter in thi spublic forum as we dont want those not related people to comment or criticise our community.

Let's migrate to the new website.

GEMS
16-05-09, 22:57
Hi guys,

For all Quartz owners, please refrain from posting too "personal" Quartz matter in thi spublic forum as we dont want those not related people to comment or criticise our community.

Let's migrate to the new website.

Tor is right guys, stick to our own forum for future discussion. Some things r not meant to be shared here.:)

ctam
16-05-09, 23:09

Isaac,

Thanks for taking trouble to create a new forum for TQ owners.

Do u think we should use our real names to register rather than nicknames, since it's meant for TQ owners? :2cents:

isaaclim
17-05-09, 00:32
Isaac,

Thanks for taking trouble to create a new forum for TQ owners.

Do u think we should use our real names to register rather than nicknames, since it's meant for TQ owners? :2cents:

Sure. I have allowed username can be changed.

doughsunn
17-05-09, 02:08
tor, u spot on for the shelter from 17th flooe... :) in fact it offers protection even to lower levels likemine...

my unit seems fine even though it rained so i am keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way...
Only drawback of having good shelter is the lack of direct sunlight, and plants would not grow as strong as compared with those at exposed planters.

Anyway, I'm grateful about the abundance of information shared concerning the defects found during inspection. These serve as great reference for others in the group to spot and make more thorough checks after taking the keys.

Perhaps most of us have observed that the speed of work picked up only during the last 3 to 4 months before TOP. Rushed jobs might be the main factor behind all these workmanship defects, especially in the interiors.

Do get your utilities hooked up quickly and check the appliances and aircon too.

As for the separate forum, are the any features during registration to ward off gatecrashers or imposters? Maybe, the passwords should be sent into the letter boxes directly.

Alan Tam
17-05-09, 19:32
Only drawback of having good shelter is the lack of direct sunlight, and plants would not grow as strong as compared with those at exposed planters.

Anyway, I'm grateful about the abundance of information shared concerning the defects found during inspection. These serve as great reference for others in the group to spot and make more thorough checks after taking the keys.

Perhaps most of us have observed that the speed of work picked up only during the last 3 to 4 months before TOP. Rushed jobs might be the main factor behind all these workmanship defects, especially in the interiors.

Do get your utilities hooked up quickly and check the appliances and aircon too.

As for the separate forum, are the any features during registration to ward off gatecrashers or imposters? Maybe, the passwords should be sent into the letter boxes directly.

Yes it is good to share, but let's do it at Issac private forum. Hope to see you there and at TQ.

marshallwan
17-05-09, 21:31
Tor, you are absolutely right. 17 Floor act as a shield to those who want to be shelter from the rain.

Good and bad.....

The bad side is that it is quite dark in the day time.

So depend on what the person is looking for.

For me,,,,what can i say....being on the 17th and the one one with sun and rain, it is quite a experience. I just love the open space especially in the nite when I can sleep at the roof terrace counting the stars.

Howver, the day time, I just love to sun tan under the hot sun to increase my Vit D intake.

There are many more.....just cant list them all here.

Doop
17-05-09, 23:51
I'm from 59 :)

Just receive email from my lawyer to pay maintenance & survey fees..
Bank will release payment on 12May...should be getting my keys next week!! YaTa!!

hey cot :) gotten your keys yet? have gotten mine. at last!

Doop
18-05-09, 00:00
Wonder if anyone shares the same..quite perplexed...

Was told that unit don't come with oven (that's fine as we can still consider fixing up one)

Then now, there is a switch called 'Oven' in the kitchen (thats fine ... which means TQ is kind enough to allocate a space for oven??..lovely!!)

Examine the space where the oven switch is connected to underneath the cooking stove... not even big enough for a decent oven!

So now question is...what the donkey use is the oven switch there for?

peterng8
18-05-09, 09:08

---------------------

maybe u should lodge a complaint to mamgt, in a condo, peeing in or near the pool by animal can be considered against the by law MSCT...the pool can be cordoned off for 2 weeks and cost around S$2k to S$3k to do all the necc clean up just for this...

peterng8
18-05-09, 09:11
Sadly in all community theres bond to have some inconsiderate one around...next time juz go up to them and let them know in their face.

I
--------------

the best way is to tell the guard to confront them as it is the guard duty or take pics using phone camera and sent them to mamgt office....the mgmt will know as they have residents' record as resident card has photo...

peterng8
18-05-09, 09:18
Tor is right guys, stick to our own forum for future discussion. Some things r not meant to be shared here.:)

-----------------------

It is good to share also sometimes, another common act is people will start to leave their rubbish at the common lift lobby even every unit got their disposal chute...and even at full view of security CCTV...terrible but is true happening at some condos...

Yeltsa
18-05-09, 20:27
anyone interested, pm me or email me at [email protected]

Cot
18-05-09, 22:01
My cousin's condo..somebody left those old newspapers at the lift lobby and the management printed the photo out from CCTV and paste it at the lift lobby..haha :ashamed1:
BTW, where do we put those old newspaper?? Take it to the central rubbish chute??

-----------------------

It is good to share also sometimes, another common act is people will start to leave their rubbish at the common lift lobby even every unit got their disposal chute...and even at full view of security CCTV...terrible but is true happening at some condos...

Cot
18-05-09, 22:06
hey cot :) gotten your keys yet? have gotten mine. at last!

Got mine on Sunday :) Did you also??
Did you register at http://thequartz.freeforums.org/ ??
I checked my defects already..let's chat more in the above pte forum :D

Icekopi
18-05-09, 22:55
Hi All,

can someone teach me how to sign up for the new forum... Tks

Cot
18-05-09, 22:58
Register and you will be able to sign up :)

Hi All,

peterng8
19-05-09, 09:56
My cousin's condo..somebody left those old newspapers at the lift lobby and the management printed the photo out from CCTV and paste it at the lift lobby..haha :ashamed1:
BTW, where do we put those old newspaper?? Take it to the central rubbish chute??
-------------------

ask those uncle come and collect after check with neighbours to consolidate all the old papers...for them to recycle is better than throwing away...

peterng8
19-05-09, 09:58

check with neighbors and consolidate all the old papers and give a call to those uncle to collect...usually saturday...it is better to recycle them then just throw away...

scorpchris19
19-05-09, 21:29
I'm quite interested in stack 04 above 16th floor, however asking price is $810k. What is the psf for high floor for this stack?

Many thanks for your feedback.

axela_3
19-05-09, 21:46
Icekopi Bro,

Tot you went MIA.

Anyway, just go to the following website and register yourself there: http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Once done, PM Issac to add you to the owner's group.

Hi All,

Icekopi
20-05-09, 09:59
Icekopi Bro,

Tot you went MIA.

Anyway, just go to the following website and register yourself there: http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Once done, PM Issac to add you to the owner's group.

Ha ha bro axela_3,

Me register liaoz! and me bo mia just kind of busy lately :doh:
How are things?
Anyway, I have just taken my keys on Monday(which happened rain heavily) and my god the lots of water poured in. Huat ah!!!!!! but on the other hand, in the real world its a major problem.
I am looking to see how I can solve this.
Bro, any suggestions? :banghead:

TQ63
21-05-09, 15:34

Hi LA,

This is TQ63. I have lost your email address. Can give it to me again. Tks.

ctam
22-05-09, 21:35
Hello TQ owners,

My agent called me today that they've ready buyers for TQ units. If you intend to sell, pm me.

sun
25-05-09, 20:33
TQ sky high price again after a fall in Q12009. Currently those units on sale are 99% subsale and ready to earn BIG money.
I am looking for one also, but very scary of the asking price. Small area and yet above 700psf, selling like FH. Only thing I can do is ....WAIT. No worry of lossing out choice unit to other buyers as well as missing the boat. 沉默就是金。

axela_3
26-05-09, 18:08
Hahaha. Congrats bro. Huat ah too.

Anyway (i suppose you're talking about the yard area), the only way to stop the water from coming in is to install a door. I guess GL is doing something about it now.

What's your nick in our forum? Dun see you leh.

Ha ha bro axela_3,

Me register liaoz! and me bo mia just kind of busy lately :doh:
How are things?
Anyway, I have just taken my keys on Monday(which happened rain heavily) and my god the lots of water poured in. Huat ah!!!!!! but on the other hand, in the real world its a major problem.
I am looking to see how I can solve this.
Bro, any suggestions? :banghead:

Icekopi
26-05-09, 18:20
it 2710_icekopi

axela_3
26-05-09, 18:45
okie dokes. I see you already!

it 2710_icekopi

thomastansb
09-06-09, 15:08
What happen???

$369 psf and $451 psf

These two confirm sell at loss one...

THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 560,000 1,518 369 May-09
THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 850,000 1,884 451 May-09

990113d03
09-06-09, 16:20
Are these 2 units the last 2 remaining units sold by developer? Cant believe the price... 369psf? This is really called fire sale.

kEN9170
09-06-09, 16:37
Are these 2 units the last 2 remaining units sold by developer? Cant believe the price... 369psf? This is really called fire sale.

See attached for unit #.

thomastansb
10-06-09, 02:00
Ok leh... So cheap.. Hahaha.

Condorich
10-06-09, 08:57
Ok leh... So cheap.. Hahaha.

How the other owners taking it?

Any implications on loan? Top up?

absolutwild
10-06-09, 09:11
is there a number to call for enquiry? please let me know. thanx

marshallwan
10-06-09, 23:26
All units sold out

Honesty
05-07-09, 10:43

Any comment on this project?

Good or No Good

marshallwan
05-07-09, 11:22
It depend on your need and expectation.

one of the plus point is the 3 mins walk to MRT. The overall facet is also relatively good as there are lot of glass feature.

Go take a look and see for yourself.

If you can sneak in and have a look at the compound, it will give you a better insight.

Any comment on this project?

Good or No Good

active
28-07-09, 12:02
:beats-me-man: Went to view 1 unit here.Dismay with the layout of the condo.Basically,too congested with units and clustered with....yes,newspapers left by owners at lift lobby. What a sight !The only plus point is the NEL Line.Better try condos near Serangoon...which have smaller units in total and 999 years or Freehold.:( :( :(

28-07-09, 12:06
I viewed a couple of units too and wasn't impressed with the fittings :beats-me-man: ... The facilities are ok... just my :2cents:

Honesty
28-07-09, 21:58
I viewed a couple of units too and wasn't impressed with the fittings :beats-me-man: ... The facilities are ok... just my :2cents:

Hi 5577, what is the asking price for The Quartz. what are the size you viewed. Thanks

ulrich76
11-08-09, 11:54
Hi 5577, what is the asking price for The Quartz. what are the size you viewed. Thanks

Looking for 1195 or 1216 sq ft units. budget around 800k. anyone got lobang?

marshallwan
11-08-09, 12:13
$800k should be able to secure you a unit but not the good facing.

Looking for 1195 or 1216 sq ft units. budget around 800k. anyone got lobang?

Honesty
11-08-09, 20:44
$800k should be able to secure you a unit but not the good facing.

Where is consider not so good facing? Thank you

marshallwan
12-08-09, 08:42
Meaning those facing the sun in the afternoon. Those unit are facing compassvale road where the big field are located.

The rest of low floor.

Hope that help.

Where is consider not so good facing? Thank you

isaaclim
12-08-09, 10:04
Good facing = Pool facing + no west sun.

marshallwan
12-08-09, 10:07
average psf have move above the $700 psf watermark......

ClemenceLY
12-08-09, 13:24
People are saying pool facing units are good and are more expensive. Need some advise here...

Is it because of the better pool view ? For high floor, you would not see the pool unless you stand by the balcony or at the window. And the higher floor you go, the pool looks smaller !

For low floor, would it be noisy near the pool (swimming, chatting or whatever activities going on at the pool side) ?

Or is it due to fengshui ? or...

jitkiat
12-08-09, 14:02
People are saying pool facing units are good and are more expensive. Need some advise here...

Is it because of the better pool view ? For high floor, you would not see the pool unless you stand by the balcony or at the window. And the higher floor you go, the pool looks smaller !

For low floor, would it be noisy near the pool (swimming, chatting or whatever activities going on at the pool side) ?

If it is for own stay, define your own good facing that suit your own personal or family member's needs. For me, Singapore's humidity is very high so I would want afternoon sun into bathrooms to keep it free from bacteria/fungus (clean & dry). If my son is timid, I will put him into small room with morning sun.... it really depends.

ClemenceLY
12-08-09, 22:14
jitkiat : I agreed.
It is important to be comfortable with the details in the house such as its layout, size, direction and environment; there are units where the toilet/bathroom is just beside or facing the bed in the master room - something that I am particular with...

ulrich76
14-08-09, 15:17
Think you should decide what is good for you. For my wife and I, we don't like pool view as it can be noisy. Pool view also usually means blocked view, since it faces inside. So its great when we bought our current unit. We told the seller agent the unit no pool view should be cheaper and we got it $40k cheaper than a pool view unit on a lower floor! And we have unblocked view and north east facing somemore :)

i12mmo2
15-08-09, 00:28
wow...that's a good price...a real steal for sure.

Honesty
15-08-09, 20:22

What's the price??

Saw some ads selling at $800K for 1150 sq ft.

Consider a steal??

isaaclim
16-08-09, 00:25

Then what is your comment about Centro? Robbing... some more it is in front of police centre. :)

Honesty
16-08-09, 12:33
Then what is your comment about Centro? Robbing... some more it is in front of police centre. :)

Obviously I will not buy Centro.

I don't believe that MASS condo can sell at these prices for long.

How can the MASS, usually the HDB upgraders, afford such a high price of $1,150 psf in the HDB area.

Even they may afford now for their 20% deposit with their CPF or their cash saving, they will have servicing the balance 80% loan in future.

Imagine, every month they need to pay $5,000 per month (est) to service their loan WITHOUT FAIL, to the bank. Who dare to commit.

Even if they want to sell, who will want to buy at more then $1,150 psf? in that area.

So what it is in AMK, matured area, it is still 99 years and still far from town and it is for the MASS masket.

Viper
20-08-09, 00:45
Hi Quartz!

I just bought a unit.... :) just sign the OTP today... can't wait to move in...:)

Does anyone have any ideas or renovation ideas to "block" kids from getting near the living planter?? as i have a 3 yrs old boy....

Thanks for the suggestion first!:)

Honesty
20-08-09, 23:31
Hi Quartz!

I just bought a unit.... :) just sign the OTP today... can't wait to move in...:)

Does anyone have any ideas or renovation ideas to "block" kids from getting near the living planter?? as i have a 3 yrs old boy....

Thanks for the suggestion first!:)

You can ask the MCST office to check the design of those grill for planter and window.

Safety come first, design second.

Must install to prevent thing happen.

BTW, how much did you pay for? can share? which stack?

I am also keen to buy one there, but not enough money.

active
22-08-09, 22:12
:confused: Is it true that the 3 bedrooms here do not have any glass shower room,only bath tub,where one has to stand in it during shower in the toilets.Heard it is available only for the 4 bedrooms.True Quartz residents?
Thanks...

andyl28
27-08-09, 14:05
:confused: Is it true that the 3 bedrooms here do not have any glass shower room,only bath tub,where one has to stand in it during shower in the toilets.Heard it is available only for the 4 bedrooms.True Quartz residents?
Thanks...

It's true, the 3BR do not have any glass shower room in MBR but only common toilet has it.

active
28-08-09, 12:14
Thanks Quartz's resident for the reply.
Its a pity that theres no shower room in Master Rm,but only in Common Rm.Shd have been the only way...Too bad.
Do u think its possible to hack away the bath tub in Master Rm n install a shower glass rm? Anyone has done it?
Pls comment.
Tks !

isaaclim
28-08-09, 20:42
What a hack? Isn't it bath tub is better? you can still stand in bath tub to shower. Bath tub just give you more option.

active
29-08-09, 19:12
Stand in bath tub...No thank you.Guess need a non-slip map if have to stand in bath tub to shower.Not convenient lah,having to step in n out of bath tub.

Reporter
04-09-09, 19:58
9-year old The Rivervale EC resale hit $547psf.
Good price support for The Quartz?

Reporter
12-10-09, 12:29
9-year old The Rivervale EC resale hit $547psf.
Good price support for The Quartz?
It seems like 9-year-old The Rivervale EC $547 psf is no fight for 5-year-old Nuovo EC $637 psf. "Still short of $90 psf!"

Should 3-month-old The Quartz be selling at the same price as 5-year-old Nuovo EC? Who knows?

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo_s.png
Prices of Nuovo EC cross $600psf on 'Centro-effect'
The Edge
Monday, 5 October 2009

There’s been a spurt in sales at Nuovo in Ang Mo Kio recently, after the executive condominium (EC) crossed the five-year minimum-occupation period. Seven units changed hands from Sept 4 to 11, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. In 2006 and 2008, there was only one transaction each, and two deals in 2007. Owners who sold recently are taking advantage of the “Centro-effect”, caused by the launch of giant property developer Far East Organization’s 329-unit Centro Residences in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8. Units there have been sold at an average of $1,179 psf from its launch in August to Sept 11, according to figures from URA Realis. Between Sept 4 and 11, an 893 sq ft unit sold for $1.07 million, or $1,199 psf.

Given that it’s a private condominium, Centro Residences doesn’t have the same restrictions that Nuovo, an EC, has. Under HDB rules, owners of ECs are only allowed to sell their units to Singapore citizens or permanent residents five years after the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP), which, for the 297-unit Nuovo, was in 2004. It’s only 10 years after TOP that units in ECs can be traded like any other private condominium in the resale market, with sales to foreigners allowed as well.

However, the owners of Nuovo should be delighted at transaction prices in the range of $477 to $637 psf, as they are the highest achieved since the property was launched at end-2001. Prices at that time were hovering at $400 psf.

For instance, a 1,119 sq ft unit on the ninth floor went for $710,000, or $634 psf. This is a gain of 52% for the original owner, who had purchased it from developer City Developments Ltd (CDL) for $467,276 in 2002. A larger unit on the 17th floor went for $1.2 million, or $477 psf. The 2,594 sq ft condominium was purchased for $812,746 in 2001.

Other condominiums along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9 have also benefited from the Centro effect, with a unit at Far Horizon Gardens, a condominium completed in the 1980s, changing hands in the resale market at $508 psf last month, the highest price psf achieved in the project this year.

Sellers are also benefiting from the recovery in the residential sector, which saw a marked 15.9% jump in the 3Q residential price index — the largest q-o-q increase seen in the index since 1981, according to URA’s 3Q flash estimate last week. As a result of this big increase, the 3Q price index is now 5.1% below that in 4Q2008 even though it registered a total decline of 18.1% in the first two quarters of 2009. The residential price index is more or less at the levels seen in 2Q2007.

isaaclim
12-10-09, 13:23
TQ is currently transacted at 700+ range liaw. Please do your market check first.

Reporter
18-10-09, 10:31
http://www.sph.com.sg/images/logo_sunt.png
Sengkang rising
The Sunday Times
Sunday, 18 October 2009

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif
http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SIYhJEKBGPo/SEvmx9yOT-I/AAAAAAAAAes/TkANV8psWTg/s400/Anchorvale-1.jpg
Sengkang Riverside Park

Retiree Pang Toon Chee, 58, and housewife Tan Geok Hoon, 55, moved into the township of Sengkang two years ago.

The name Sengkang drew sniggers because people thought that it was too far from town. But it was precisely the peacefulness of the area that Mr Pang liked.

A few evenings ago though, the quiet of his estate was shattered by a revving car roaring down the roads late at night. It was such a racket that Mr Pang thought that the F1 had come to Sengkang.

He recalls: ‘Someone was driving a modified car down the road. It’s getting noisier here already.’

While some might think that the Pangs are lucky to have just an isolated incident of deafening noise, it shows how Sengkang, located between Punggol and Hougang, is changing.

Once known as Kangkar, the name Sengkang – meaning ‘prosperous harbour’ in dialect – comes from a road called Lorong Sengkang, off Lorong Buangkok.

The area was home to sparse settlements such as fishing villages and plantations scattered along river banks.

Development started in 1995 when the Housing Board (HDB) began construction of blocks 133 to 140, completed in 1997.

The plan was to create a new town in Sengkang that will eventually house 90,000 public and private housing units in the long term, a size comparable to larger and more mature new towns such as Jurong West and Tampines.

Yet there have been numerous newspaper reports of new HDB flat applicants shunning flats in the area.

Residents, businesses and Members of Parliament declare that Sengkang’s ‘ulu’ tag is out of date. This town in the north-eastern part of Singapore, now 60% developed, is bustling with life.

Case in point: SBS Transit has experienced a 20% increase in train ridership ‘for the Sengkang North East Line station over the last few years’.

The transport operator runs 19 bus lines, the North East MRT Line and 14 LRT stations in the area. In 1999, it ran just eight bus services.

With more amenities and increased appeal also comes better property values for Sengkang HDB units. Some flats are worth almost $100,000 more than the original price owners paid about 10 years ago, say property experts.

LifeStyle spent a day in Sengkang, and found the area buzzing. This is especially so in the more mature estates such as Rivervale and Anchorvale, as well as main mall Compass Point, which opened in 2002.

Ms Mazlinda Osman has been a Rivervale resident for over a decade. The 37-year-old housewife says: ‘Previously, I went down to Hougang for my groceries. Now, of course, it’s much more convenient.’

She adds that her five children go to schools around the area, and there are expressways such as the KPE which links them to the city.

A resident of decade-old Anchorvale estate, Mr Steven Peh, 38, who is self-employed, says: ‘It’s easy to get to town with just a 20- to 30-minute train ride. For groceries, my wife and I go to the Sengkang NTUC supermarket. It doesn’t feel that ulu, actually. ‘

North East District Mayor Teo Ser Luck, who is also MP for the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC which covers the eastern part of Sengkang, says: ‘The ‘ulu’ tag is just a label. The name Sengkang itself might not sound very ‘in’. It could be due to the fact that, in the past, Sengkang was more associated with remote fishing areas.

‘Today, it’s different. It’s almost like an earlier Bishan, Toa Payoh or Tampines. The place is maturing, from the transport system to other amenities. All these are part of a growing town cycle.’

Dr Lam Pin Min, who is MP of Sengkang West ward in Ang Mo Kio GRC, adds: ‘Much has changed over the past three to five years. Sengkang West has transformed into a vibrant and interesting place.’

He points to infrastructure changes such as the new Anchorvale Community Club, Sengkang Sports and Recreation Centre, and Sengkang Riverside Park among others, while listing upcoming developments such as a central wet market.

Named Kopitiam Square, it will be a wet market cum food centre, managed by the Kopitiam Group, which has up to five outlets spread throughout Sengkang and Punggol.

The gradual public mindset change towards Sengkang also translates into rising property prices.

According to Mr Chris Koh, a director at realty firm Dennis Wee Group, an average four-room unit can fetch up to $340,000, compared with $250,000 five years ago. General demand in the area has also increased by 22%, he says.

Propnex property agent Gaz Aspar adds that while it took up to two months to secure a buyer for a Sengkang flat four years ago, it now takes only two to three weeks.

But there is still room for improvement, say young couples such as Mr Terence Chan and wife Ashley Neo.

Mr Chan, 28, who works in the marine industry, will be moving into his unit at Fernvale Court – one of the newer Sengkang estates – by the end of this year, but adds that his original choice was in Toa Payoh, close to his father. The couple applied for a Toa Payoh flat twice but was unsuccessful.

Mr Chan says: ‘It would be good if they had a cinema here, more NTUC supermarket branches and more bus services, including Express buses like those in Toa Payoh.’

His wife, also 28 and an auditor, adds: ‘We do like this environment because it’s more peaceful and there are a lot of young people like us.’

Urban planning expert from the Nanyang Technological University, Associate Professor Wong Tai-Chee, sums it up: ‘Given some 10 to 15 years, Sengkang will become a mature new town on the outskirts of the city comparable to Tampines.’

http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/090810/627r2/9035e9l_20.jpeg
The Quartz condo

Sengkang stats

Land area: 1,055 ha

Area developed: 60%

Population: The township is one of the fastest growing – nearly tripling from 61,300 residents in June 2000 to 161,000 in June this year. The bulk of residents comprises people within the 25 to 39 age group.

Completed flats: 43,000 as of last month

MRT stations: 2 (Sengkang and Buangkok)

LRT stations: 14

Bus services: 21

Schools: More than 10

Wet markets: 2 (Fernvale Point and Rivervale Plaza)

Shoppping centres: 3 (Compass Point, Rivervale Mall and Fernvale Point)

Recreational facilities: Sengkang Sports and Recreation Centre, Sengkang Riverside Park

Source: HDB, URA, SMRT, SBS Transit, Singapore Department of Statistics

Reporter
03-11-09, 09:05
It seems like 9-year-old The Rivervale EC $547 psf is no fight for 5-year-old Nuovo EC $637 psf. "Still short of $90 psf!"

Should 3-month-old The Quartz be selling at the same price as 5-year-old Nuovo EC? Who knows?
Oops!
A friend told me The Rivervale EC has just hit $579 psf due to the "Nuovo EC $637psf effect".

It seems like The Rivervale is aiming for $600 psf now. Not that I stay or own anything in The Quartz, but this naturally forms a support for The Quartz.

maisonjai
03-11-09, 12:55
all thanks to the epic centre at Centro, radiating effect...especially Grand8

Reporter
06-01-10, 01:08
Is $600psf a good buy?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Quartz ...... OCR ....... 7 ........................... 824 .............. 770 .............. 742
Even The Quartz's primary-sale high of $824 psf is no match for 6-year-old Compass Height's resale-high of $825 psf.

Compass Heights
Address ............................... psf ............. Area ........ Price .......... Contract Date
11 Sengkang Square #13-43 ..... $825 psf ..... 689 sqft .... $568,000 ..... 8 Oct 09

bitebite
06-01-10, 22:08
Even The Quartz's primary-sale high of $824 psf is no match for 6-year-old Compass Height's resale-high of $825 psf.

Compass Heights
Address ............................... psf ............. Area ........ Price .......... Contract Date
11 Sengkang Square #13-43 ..... $825 psf ..... 689 sqft .... $568,000 ..... 8 Oct 09

But this is a studio unit, and it is so normal that studio unit can fetch 10 to 20% more psf. What are you comparing actually?

xixdiy
19-01-10, 21:02
Any one has The Quartz's brochure/booklet that you do not need and willing to give away?

It will be great if I can have a copy. Please pm me. Thanks in advance.

Reporter
01-02-10, 08:57
Oops!
A friend told me The Rivervale EC has just hit $579 psf due to the "Nuovo EC $637psf effect".

It seems like The Rivervale is aiming for $600 psf now. Not that I stay or own anything in The Quartz, but this naturally forms a support for The Quartz.
It looks like the Battle of the ECs has continued. Each EC has been working hard to break its last high.

- Almost-10-year-old The Rivervale (TR) hit $580 psf in October 2009.
- Going-6-year-old Nuovo hit $674 psf in December 2009.
- TR's neighbour, the going-6-year-old Park Green hit $591 psf in December 2009. That is $11 psf higher than TR!
- As a reference, going-12-year-old former-EC Simei Green hit $653 psf in January 2010.

Park Green
Address ........................ psf ............. Area ........... Price .......... Contract Date
8 Rivervale Link #13-15 ..... $591 psf ..... 1,184 sqft .... $700,000 ..... 15 Dec 09

The Quartz's owners must be feeling lucky with strong price support from its neighbouring EC's - The Rivervale and Park Green.
Unfortunately I am not vested! :(

Reporter
04-02-10, 21:32
http://sg.yimg.com/i/sg/providers/cnalogo4.gif
Sengkang condo land parcel sees top bid of S$200.5M
Millet Enriquez
Channel NewsAsia
Thursday, 4 February 2010, 2153 hrs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Sungei_Punggol_4%2C_Aug_06.JPG/250px-Sungei_Punggol_4%2C_Aug_06.JPG

Developers still appear hungry for land that can be used for condominium development.

A tender for a land parcel in Sengkang saw robust bidding, with the top offer coming in at over S$200 million.

Industry experts said it is a sign that appetite among developers to snap good sites is currently on a high.

The site at Sengkang West Avenue and Fernvale Link received bids from 10 developers.

Sunmaster Holdings submitted an offer of S$200.5 million, more than 2.5 times the minimum bid of S$70 million.

The price translates to S$365 psf for the 16,998.8-sqm land area launched by the Housing and Development Board (HDB) on a 99-year lease.

The next highest bid came from Tuas Hi-Tech Park, with a bid of S$177 million.

The lowest bid of S$115.6 million was by Lippo Estates.

The HDB said it will evaluate the provisional results and the tender will be awarded in the next 2 weeks.

Industry observers said the top bid was very bullish.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak says the breakeven cost would be about S$730 to S$760 psf.

Colliers said the top bid reflects the optimistic sentiment of developers.

In 2009, 3 other residential sites received bids that were higher than S$200 million.

Reporter
04-02-10, 22:49

Compass Heights
Wow!
Going-7-year-old Compass Heights has a nëw hïgh of $899 psf!
Unbelievable!

Compass Heights
Address ............................. psf ............. Area ........ Price .......... Contract Date
9 Sengkang Square #11-02 ..... $899 psf ..... 667 sqft .... $600,000 ..... 9 Jan 10

Reporter
04-03-10, 18:45
http://bhtest.asia1.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
EC site near Buangkok MRT draws $193.28M top bid
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Thursday, 4 March 2010, 5.29 pm

The tender for a 99-year leasehold executive condominium (EC) development site near Buangkok MRT Station closed on Thursday with a top bid of $193.28 million or about $315 psf ppr.

The top bid came from a tie up between Opal Star Pte Ltd and Lum Chang Building Contractors Pte Ltd.

The tender, conducted by the Housing & Development Board, fetched a total 11 bids.

The 1.9 hectare plot can be developed into about 520 units.

ECs are a hybrid of pubilc and private housing. They are strata titled apartments with facilities comparable to private condos. New ECs are sold with initial eligibility, ownership and resale restrictions similar to public housing; but these are completely removed after 10 years.

The winning tenderer will have to set aside 95% of units in the initial month of sale for first-time home buyers, that is, those who have yet to receive a housing subsidy from Government.

Reporter
05-03-10, 08:49
http://bhtest.asia1.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Buangkok site attracts highest-ever EC bid
The tender draws 11 bids, the highest being about $315 psf ppr
Kalpana Rashiwala
The Business Times
Friday, 5 March 2010

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-03-05/BT_IMAGES_KRTENDER5.jpg

A 99-year-leasehold executive condominium (EC) housing site near Buangkok MRT Station has fetched the highest ever bid for an EC site.

The top bid from a partnership between Frasers Centrepoint and Lum Chang Building Contractors of $193.28 million or about $315 psf ppr surpassed the previous record of $220 psf ppr for the Summerdale EC site in Boon Lay in May 1997, noted property consultant CB Richard Ellis (CBRE).

Yesterday's tender drew a total of 11 bids, reflecting developers' continuing hunger for land. The top bid came in slightly above market expectations in January, when the Housing & Development Board (HDB) launched the site. ECs are a hybrid of private and public housing.

With Lum Chang expected to provide construction services for the project, the tie-up should be able to minimise construction costs, industry observers noted yesterday. By some market estimates, their breakeven cost for a new EC project could be below $600 psf. The duo are expected to build a higher proportion of small units to try and achieve higher psf selling prices.

Even so, there will be a limit as to how small the apartments can be, given the high standard of public housing set in the area, for HDB Aspella, comprising premium HDB flats next to Buangkok MRT Station, market watchers say.

A possible option, and one which Frasers Centrepoint has done before, is to have some apartments with its 'dual-key concept', where a regular-sized apartment and a granny apartment (with its own kitchenette and bathroom) are packaged as a single unit.

CBRE executive director Li Hiaw Ho reckons Frasers Centrepoint and Lum Chang could sell their units in the $650-$680 psf range on average. Based on that, a 1,200-sqft unit in the new development would be priced at about $800,000.

A Frasers Centrepoint spokesman said yesterday: 'This site is well-located, and in view of the tight supply and great demand, we are confident that it will be an attractive development especially to home buyers who have been recently priced out of the market. We are planning to build about 500-plus units on the site.'

In the secondary market, 3 EC projects in the north-east region - The Rivervale, Florida and Park Green - have sold at $520-$600 psf between October 2009 and February 2010, said CBRE.

Yesterday's top bid was just 1.4% above the 2nd highest offer of $310 psf ppr by MCC Land, part of the China Metallurgical Construction Group. Other bidders at yesterday's tender included a JV led by Hoi Hup Realty; United Engineers unit Greatearth Holdings and a tie-up between Choice Homes Investments and a subsidiary of Chip Eng Seng Corporation. Interestingly, property giants Far East Organization and City Developments emerged near the bottom of the bids' table. The lowest bid came from Boon Keng Development at $198.52 psf ppr.

ECs are strata-titled apartments with facilities comparable to private condos. New ECs are sold with initial eligibility, ownership and resale restrictions similar to public housing; but these are completely removed after 10 years.

Among the buyer eligibility criteria is a maximum $10,000 monthly household income. Qualifying first-time buyers who purchase new ECs may also apply for a $30,000 CPF housing grant.

The winning tenderer will have to set aside 95% of units in the initial month of sale for first-time home buyers - those who have yet to receive a housing subsidy from government. Second timers buying new ECs do not need to pay any resale levy.

The tender for another EC site, in Yishun, will close on March 11. HDB also announced yesterday it will launch another plot, also in Yishun, later this month or next month for development into HDB flats under the Design, Build & Sell Scheme. That site can potentially yield about 700 flats.

propertyinvestor
08-03-10, 11:05
Address Tenure PSF Area Price
67 Compassvale Bow #17-33 99 Yrs From 18/04/2005 $798 1604 $1280k
12 Feb 10

67 Compassvale Bow #17-33 99 Yrs From 18/04/2005 $592 1604 $950k
13 May 09

Congrats to this gentleman who make a COOL $300K+ in nine months.

Condorich
08-03-10, 11:19
Address Tenure PSF Area Price
67 Compassvale Bow #17-33 99 Yrs From 18/04/2005 $798 1604 $1280k
12 Feb 10

67 Compassvale Bow #17-33 99 Yrs From 18/04/2005 $592 1604 $950k
13 May 09

Congrats to this gentleman who make a COOL $300K+ in nine months.

Thanks for the endorsement. Posted this at the Estuary Thread 5 days ago

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=85664#post85664

Seen the Quartz too... depending what time you buy, you can be $300k richer or poorer too... imagine the later buyers who bought after you, just a floor below yours and they paid about $200k to $300k less than the preview buyers... how would you feel? The worst thing is that it's not just 1 isolated deal... there were many so called pre TOP discounted deal... Got a friend who got a bargain deal at about $880k for 1600 sqf sized thereabout and his 1 floor up and few floors down all gotten the unit at about $1.1 million from the developer... Did you know? Of course the friend is laughing or beaming with a wide smile everytime when he sees his neighbours..

Ask around and see whether the Quartz buyers who bought high are happy about it? If you are the one who bought low, you are the smarter ones... the same analogy goes for any condo project in Singapore.

"Exercise the option and look forward to taking profit" Maybe with a little sacarism but I'm sure you won't mind it too much than my usual "I wish you good luck".

We really don't know about the future though.. it's beyond our control so you don't have to take my comments too seriously. You can be right all along. Cheers

Reporter
11-03-10, 17:56
It looks like the Battle of the ECs has continued. Each EC has been working hard to break its last high.

- Almost-10-year-old The Rivervale (TR) hit $580 psf in October 2009.
- Going-6-year-old Nuovo hit $674 psf in December 2009.
- TR's neighbour, the going-6-year-old Park Green hit $591 psf in December 2009. That is $11 psf higher than TR!
- As a reference, going-12-year-old former-EC Simei Green hit $653 psf in January 2010.

Park Green
Address ........................ psf ............. Area ........... Price .......... Contract Date
8 Rivervale Link #13-15 ..... $591 psf ..... 1,184 sqft .... $700,000 ..... 15 Dec 09

The Quartz's owners must be feeling lucky with strong price support from its neighbouring EC's - The Rivervale and Park Green.
Unfortunately I am not vested! :(
A unit at almost-10-year-old The Rivervale sold last Sunday has set a nëw hïgh of $585 psf for the EC.

Reporter
27-03-10, 10:31
Wow!
Going-6-year-old Park Green EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $598 psf!

Why not $600 psf? It's just $2 psf away!

Park Green
8 Rivervale Link #08-10 ..... $598 psf ..... 1,163 sqft .... $695,000 ..... 10 Mar 10

Condorich
29-03-10, 08:30
Cause buyer said must be below $600 psf...

Reporter
20-04-10, 23:50
A unit at almost-10-year-old The Rivervale sold last Sunday has set a nëw hïgh of $585 psf for the EC.
$585 psf?
It doesn't really matter any more.
Almost-10-year-old The Rivervale EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $622 psf!

The Rivervale
7 Rivervale Link #14-35 ..... $622 psf ..... 1,335 sqft .... $830,000 ..... 1 Apr 10

Reporter
20-04-10, 23:57
Wow!
Going-6-year-old Park Green EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $598 psf!
Why not $600 psf? It's just $2 psf away!

You want $600psf?
You get $600 psf!
Going-6-year-old Park Green EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $600 psf!

Park Green
8 Rivervale Link #01-10 ..... $600 psf ..... 1,324 sqft .... $795,000 ..... 6 Apr 10

Reporter
10-05-10, 23:50
Going-7-year-old Compass Heights has a nëw hïgh of $907 psf!
The $900 psf barrier has finally been broken!

Compass Heights
Address ............................. psf ............. Area ........ Price .......... Contract Date
9 Sengkang Square #09-02 ..... $907 psf ..... 667 sqft .... $605,000 ..... 21 Apr 10

Reporter
26-05-10, 21:10
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/h88_masthead_logo.jpg
Sengkang site could see $700psf Executive Condo
H88
Wednesday, 26 May 2010, 11.53 am

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2010-05-26/sengkang_ec.jpg

A total of 7 bids were received by HDB for a 99-year leasehold plot of executive condominium (EC) land yesterday. The potential winner should be Maxdin Pte Ltd and Lee Carriers Pte Ltd, whose joint bid of $176M topped the bidding charts. That amount works to around $320 psf ppr and could result in a selling price in the region of $650-700psf.

Maxdin Pte Ltd is part of United Engineers' unit Greatearth Holding, who are in the construction industry. Lee Carriers is part of Lee Metal Group, who (obviously) deal with metals.

Executive Condos or ECs as they are commonly referred to, are meant to bridge the gap between public and private housing. Executive Condos offer good value but they come with some housing rules:
• the first owners are not allowed to sell their unit within 5 years
• after 5 years they can only sell to Singaporeans
• foreigners can only buy after 10 years

According to URA caveats for April 2010, prices of next door's Park Green and The Rivervale - both ECs - are going at at an average of $571 psf and $593 psf respectively.

Reporter
26-05-10, 21:19
Which condo unit in District 19 Sengkang is the most expensive?
This honour has to go to that $1.85M penthouse in Compass Heights.

Compass Heights
Address ............................. psf ............ Area ........... Price .............. Contract Date
9 Sengkang Square #14-17 ..... $656 psf ..... 2,820 sqft .... $1,850,000 ..... 13 Apr 10

cl0ver
26-05-10, 23:16
but Greenwich V is not launched yet....

Reporter
03-06-10, 01:44
Almost-10-year-old The Rivervale EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $638 psf!

The Rivervale
1 Rivervale Link #11-15 ..... $638 psf ..... 1,313 sqft .... $838,000 ..... 17 May 10

Reporter
11-06-10, 12:34
Going-6-year-old Park Green EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $615 psf!

Park Green
Address ......................... psf .............. Area .......... Price ........... Contract Date
10 Rivervale Link #08-17 ..... $615 psf ..... 1,496 sqft .... $920,000 ..... 18 May 10

westman
22-09-11, 09:31
Congratulation to owners of The Quartz as your project are the present Champions in most discussed and most views categories in Condosg...

I think both records will be hard to beat!:gun4:

Until then... :cheers1: :cheers4: :cheers5: :cheers2:

RSG
22-09-11, 10:32
Congratulation to owners of The Quartz as your project are the present Champions in most discussed and most views categories in Condosg...

I think both records will be hard to beat!:gun4:

Until then... :cheers1: :cheers4: :cheers5: :cheers2:

Thank you for your effort in research and compilation of the data. Quartz is now selling at $900+ psf.

devilplate
22-09-11, 10:45
Thank you for your effort in research and compilation of the data. Quartz is now selling at $900+ psf.

oredi hit 1kpsf lor! amazing!

i was still trying to nego down the px when developer slash down the px upon TOP......whahahahha:o

GForce
22-09-11, 13:42
Ha ha, I bought during TOP n sold beginning tis year, within 2 yrs, can make $$$ leh! Property is the way to go!

RSG
22-09-11, 13:47
oredi hit 1kpsf lor! amazing!

i was still trying to nego down the px when developer slash down the px upon TOP......whahahahha:o

Yes, the price is holding high. Its one of the best in terms of location - proximity to 24 hours kopi tiam, NTUC supermart, MRT, KPE and also the newest condo in that area. Quartz has proven many of the threadsters wrong. Its value for money.

TQ1
09-10-11, 13:42
Ha ha, I bought during TOP n sold beginning tis year, within 2 yrs, can make $$$ leh! Property is the way to go!

Right. Property is the way to go. Bought in early 2007. Price already appreciated close to 100%.

Sold my 2nd property (bought in 2007) by mistake middle of last year after earning about 20 percent.

Bought in another unit at EUHABITAT about 2-3 months ago. Unit already appreciated more than 100k but cannot sell due to SSD.

Cheers to all property investors and owners of quartz.

phantom_opera
16-11-12, 21:52
record psf

2012-11-01 #XX-XX 1,421 1,120psf 1,591,000

auroraborealis
16-11-12, 22:05
still got room, CDL not yet launch opp plot

record psf

propertyinvestor
17-11-12, 12:39
record psf

This is a very low floor unit at stack 33. If higher floor can command even higher psf.

propertyinvestor
17-11-12, 12:45
still got room, CDL not yet launch opp plot

Break even at 921.4. So nothing below 1000psf for d19 mass market near mrt. Taking into an around 4k rental for a 3 bedder. 4% rental yield will put the property price to 1.2mil.

phantom_opera
10-05-13, 22:09
new record psf

2013-04-29 #XX-XX 1,066 1,145psf 2010-07-02 891 270,764 1,032 9.3

micquek
11-05-13, 09:15
Congrat all owners :-) take this opportunity to share

All in 1 peephole, motion / non stop recording with door bell, infra red, bigger 3.5" screen and detectable screen :-)

Selling @$268 with installation please contact 8488 8866 free 2g micro sd card

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr225/micquek/CA74D5ED-5120-4A0D-A079-E8F8B94B3594-1762-0000015789983942_zps82ab652c.jpg

Very effective for the following :-

1) loss of slippers/flower pot/sabotage
2) knocking / pressing door bell but no one appear
3) sabotage via throwing rubbish in your doorstep
4) stealing of your subscriped newspaper
5) loan shark knocking or sabotage at Wrong unit
6) easier for elderly / infants to view the person outside

Features

Infrared motion activated
No wiring required
Door bell
Detachable main unit
Easy D.I.Y. installation
3.5" TFT colour display screen
8x digital zoom
Photo / video recording
Time and date stamp
Support micro SD card up to 32 GB (not included)

Product Specification

Indoor unit / Outdoor unit 84*128*20(mm) / 50*86*18(mm)
Infrared sensor 2.5m
Display screen 3.5" TFT LCD
Camera 300k pixel
Battery Lithium 1,100mAh
Display screen 3.5" TFT LCD
Auto delete Yes
Night Vision Yes
Door bell 12 ring tones
Wide angle 120 degrees
Digital zoom 8x
Video type AVI
Micro SD card (not included) Support up to 32GB

propertyinvestor
11-05-13, 11:28
new record psf

2013-04-29 #XX-XX 1,066 1,145psf 2010-07-02 891 270,764 1,032 9.3

This is a stack28 high floor unit at blk63. Facing very near to the main road and yet transacted at record price. Well done.

KC76
04-05-14, 23:38
Hi can someone pl advise which is the best pool view stack in Quartz? Need how many floor to clear pool noise?

teof
17-05-14, 10:10
just curious...what do you guys think of the workmanship of quartz? and upside potential at current? greatly appreciate your input guys!

fireflyy
17-05-14, 10:50
just curious...what do you guys think of the workmanship of quartz? and upside potential at current? greatly appreciate your input guys!

The upside for Quartz is over. It happened in 2013 when Jewel was launched.

auroraborealis
17-05-14, 14:28
saw both jewel & the quartz (resale unit)... definitely need reno for stay unless rent out

what's valuable is the space; for own stay wld rather buy older projects than all the current new launches, space is valuable if one doesn't want to view into opposite unit 24/7

this is 1 aspect i hope will correct if property mkt cools further :doh:

graveyard
28-12-14, 17:46

in my view, the facilities at quartz are a bit run-down and poorly maintained considering its barely 5 years. the stack towers are quite dirty looking too. there is little greenery compared to other condos i have seen and some stacks are really close to each other (glass window of both stacks facing each other at near distance). i am also a bit put off by the big bay windows. i think there is upside potential when jewel top (smalllish units), raising quartz psf. Despite the run down state, i still believe quartz is good investment due to its proximity to mrt. Also the reason why the sail still command high psf despite the reported poor finishings .. of course, not comparing marine bay vs buangkok area ..but talking more about the proximity to mrt

jastinbedro
27-08-21, 22:54
hmmm I notice this potiential problem as well and asked my contractor how to address this issue. (https://bamboo-en.com/bamboo-curtain-outdoor-bamboo-curtain-panels-design-ideas-18-new-pics-2021/) I suggested maybe installing that bamboo curtain might help.

I want to bamboo curtain too... :(