PDA

View Full Version : The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

TQ1
19-02-09, 11:27
What are you on then?

Hi,

I am on DPS as I bought it during the Q1 2007 launch, but already secured the loan before I signed the OTP.

Jazzer
19-02-09, 11:31
[quote=Jazzer][quote=isaaclim]Why need a FH? It is for loser that lack of security in life.
Property is an asset that come with maintenance costs and this cost scale exponentially against age. FH or LH this costs are the same.

I am only stating the costs to maintenance an aged property is the same for LH and FH.

You are referring to the value of the property. If you are comparing two projects, one LH and one FH with some design, same layout, same location. Of course FH has more value then LH. But that is not a possible scenario in life.

Value of property defend on a lots of factors. The most important factor is Location. Maybe the age is one of the last few factor that are being considered in the bank valuation.

So why put the least important factor as 1st priority when buying a property?

The Banks are the one placing lease as a priority.... and you do need them when it comes to a loan....

Cot
19-02-09, 17:21
But in real whole, will you purchase a FH, which is already 70years old or will you purchase a 99 leasehold which is newly build?

isaaclim
19-02-09, 18:52
[quote=isaaclim][quote=Jazzer]

The Banks are the one placing lease as a priority.... and you do need them when it comes to a loan....

ah... Which bank do that? In fact, the question is which valuer do that?

Go try to get a loan for geylang property. See how much LTV they give u.

Kenshinto80
19-02-09, 23:39
[QUOTE=Jazzer][quote=isaaclim]

ah... Which bank do that? In fact, the question is which valuer do that?

Go try to get a loan for geylang property. See how much LTV they give u.

The fact is all Banks do that. And valuers do it. Even CPF board will take issue with remaining lease period for HDB resales purchase application.

Location as you mentioned is indeed another parameter considered in granting loan. As to importance of which will take precedence over another parameter, very much depends and should be looked together in its entire context.

Anyway, congrats on getting a unit at The Quartz. A quick stroll will end up at MRT in less than 5 mins. NTUC and foodcourts close by offers tremendous convenience.

isaaclim
20-02-09, 01:03
[QUOTE=isaaclim][QUOTE=Jazzer]

The fact is all Banks do that. And valuers do it. Even CPF board will take issue with remaining lease period for HDB resales purchase application.

Location as you mentioned is indeed another parameter considered in granting loan. As to importance of which will take precedence over another parameter, very much depends and should be looked together in its entire context.

Anyway, congrats on getting a unit at The Quartz. A quick stroll will end up at MRT in less than 5 mins. NTUC and foodcourts close by offers tremendous convenience.

Of course the remaining duration of lease do play a part. But is it not the first priority.

And our discussion is it really that important to buy a FH vs LH for own stay. To be fair, we are comparing 99 yrs LH with FH.

quartz
20-02-09, 02:41
[quote=Kenshinto80][quote=isaaclim]

Of course the remaining duration of lease do play a part. But is it not the first priority.

And our discussion is it really that important to buy a FH vs LH for own stay. To be fair, we are comparing 99 yrs LH with FH.

FH or LH? Good question. Both have their own + or - points. At the end of the day, it still boil down to one most important question. How much you like the project.

I like it, that why I am a proud owner of the Quartz. Congrat to all buyer of the Quartz. Hope to see all of you soon.

CrAzY
20-02-09, 10:50
Just a question, do you see any lease hold property in singapore finished the 99 year lease?

gohsoonk
20-02-09, 10:59
560psf. I was told that TOP is likely to be in June.
Anyone else can share some of their ID packages?

Maybe we can team up to push for better packages. This is the right time for buyer to bargain.

Actually, 560 psf is the min. price. The unit I am looking at is priced at 650 psf. About 1421 sq ft. Expensive.

isaaclim
20-02-09, 12:56
Actually, 560 psf is the min. price. The unit I am looking at is priced at 650 psf. About 1421 sq ft. Expensive.

That is the best stack for the project. It is directly face adult pool. Developer will definitely want to sell those unit at high price.

In fact 560psf is not the lowest. There are some units facing north west selling lower then that price. Maybe it was taken by the time you reach there.

kal
20-02-09, 13:22
my fren just bought a 3bedder at 600k..facing north.. congrats congrats..

evilllll
20-02-09, 14:47
Hi

Just gotten a unit so planing for reno. Seen from the showflat, there is a solid top along runing along the window. Anyone knows what is that call?

Wanted to source for that.

Cheers

sta_teo
20-02-09, 15:31
Anyone noes if stack 32 how much? Any discount price too?

LA
20-02-09, 16:48
Just curious whether anybody knows how many units left to date? Just pass by TQ & seems crowded with lots of potential buyer.
Progress is fast. Gauging from the progress, likely to TOP in Apr.

isaaclim
20-02-09, 16:51
Hi

Just gotten a unit so planing for reno. Seen from the showflat, there is a solid top along runing along the window. Anyone knows what is that call?

Wanted to source for that.

Cheers

Stone... it is very common way to beautify a bedroom.

flanderman
20-02-09, 18:22
Stone... it is very common way to beautify a bedroom.

Corian Top?

isaaclim
20-02-09, 18:32
Corian Top?

Is it being called Corian technically? Corian is a product name.

flanderman
20-02-09, 18:34
Is it being called Corian technically? Corian is a product name.

Yeah.. I thk is Corian is the brand.... one of the leading i thk.. so the price also a little atas...

ivanchan16
20-02-09, 21:35
I just booked a unit on Wednesday for a 3 bedder 1066 sqf at $560psf. According to the agent, the TOP will be from Apr-Jun. I think it's a good buy and am looking forward to it :)

Quartzbie
20-02-09, 21:47
I just booked a unit on Wednesday for a 3 bedder 1066 sqf at $560psf. According to the agent, the TOP will be from Apr-Jun. I think it's a good buy and am looking forward to it :)

Hi Ivan, congrats..... which floor did you buy? is it pool facing?

isaaclim
20-02-09, 23:18

Congratz...

quartz
21-02-09, 03:30

Welcome to the Quartz community.

Good choice.

Rapister
21-02-09, 07:09
sure or not
no shopping no nothing

only have ntuc

i bought caspian. a lot of facility, and they going to develop the area
if free can go chinese garden :)

600k for 3 bedder at quart where got possible

isaaclim
21-02-09, 08:36
sure or not
no shopping no nothing

only have ntuc

Don't be fool by the master plan. Govt just lost 100B, almost equal to 40% of last year GDP.

At most they are only going to revamp the lake in near future. Having hotels in jurong east is not going to happen in 10 yrs time.

If you want to talk about development in future, you only have a lake.. We going to have a water activities in Punggol leh. And we can reach Orchard/City faster then u.
:tongue3:

thestudio
21-02-09, 12:28
just went to have a look, very good layout. imagine a 1057sqft with 3 room. not much wastage of space.

stack 20 going for about $580 psf.

very attractive. but i am looking for FH.

was worried about the holding price of a 99yr property. me still thinking... and weighing the options.... sigh

chang
21-02-09, 14:10
sure or not
no shopping no nothing

only have ntuc

Good view of a lake... at the same time good smell.. Cocoa issit?

chang
21-02-09, 14:21
Don't be fool by the master plan. Govt just lost 100B, almost equal to 40% of last year GDP.

At most they are only going to revamp the lake in near future. Having hotels in jurong east is not going to happen in 10 yrs time.

If you want to talk about development in future, you only have a lake.. We going to have a water activities in Punggol leh. And we can reach Orchard/City faster then u.

Kudos to all Quartz owners... yeah... we have water sports and can reach town faster... they can have a lake... and the "great" smell... and Caspian owners... we are gg to move in by June... when's ur place gg to TOP...:)

ivanchan16
21-02-09, 14:27
Hi Ivan, congrats..... which floor did you buy? is it pool facing?

My unit is on the 4th level, close to the tennis court. Deal at $597K. This is the last 500k+ unit liao, the rest all 600k+. The price for my unit was around 700k last sunday. The discount was around 100K!

CrAzY
21-02-09, 15:18

Haha that was a good one. Yeah we will have water activities soon just like east coast and there only a small lake full of mosquitoes......

CrAzY
21-02-09, 15:23
Kudos to all Quartz owners... yeah... we have water sports and can reach town faster... they can have a lake... and the "great" smell... and Caspian owners... we are gg to move in by June... when's ur place gg to TOP...:)

Yeah we going to shift in soon. Wherelse who knows 3 years down the road, maybe the market becoming worse then. At least we still have this 3 years to enjoy our facilities, OUR NTUC and OUR COFFESHOPS..... HAHA

CrAzY
21-02-09, 15:24

Yeah we are moving in soon. Who knows what will happen in 3 years time. Market might becomes worse.... At least we have 3 years earlier to enjoy our facilities, our NTUC and our COFFEESHOPS.... HAHA

Rapister
21-02-09, 18:28
Yeah we are moving in soon. Who knows what will happen in 3 years time. Market might becomes worse.... At least we have 3 years earlier to enjoy our facilities, our NTUC and our COFFEESHOPS.... HAHA

i eat at restorant, not coffeeshop.

isaaclim
21-02-09, 18:51
Good view of a lake... at the same time good smell.. Cocoa issit?

Oh... Lake view? Come on.. That is marketing talk. There is a piece of empty lake zone for residential in between of the mrt and caspian. So, lake view is just temporary.

So, don't listen to those words from the mouth that need your money to survive.

tortu
21-02-09, 19:00

Rapister,

Please dont talk big in this forum as you can even say that you use sharkfin to rinse mouth.

Everyone of us in TQ is happy and anxious to be moving in to our new dream home, regardless of lake or not. As long as one is happy and contented with what they have, a small pool, coffeeshop, NTUC is still better than lake, Resturant or highend Supermarket.:cheers1:

isaaclim
21-02-09, 19:02

Every meal in restaurant? Don't lie rapist!

If that so, you should forget about Caspian and consider those condo in high end market.

tortu
21-02-09, 19:08
Every meal in restaurant? Don't lie rapist!

If that so, you should forget about Caspian and consider those condo in high end market.

Hmmm...I am already trying to imagine how would a "person" really look like when he/she eats restaurant everyday. High Cholesterol, High Blood pressure, elevated ALT......poor thing.

even got money to buy high end condo, may not have much time to enjoy.:sleep:

Rapister
21-02-09, 19:09
i go to organic restorant or eat wisely

dont tell me you all eat chicken rice is more healther than me :)

caspian is quite high end, it will be next to hotel :):):)

TQ1
21-02-09, 19:14

My unit is on the 4th level, close to the tennis court. Deal at $597K. This is the last 500k+ unit liao, the rest all 600k+. The price for my unit was around 700k last sunday. The discount was around 100K!

Hi Ivan,

My unit also facing tennis court. Hope our unit will not be too near to the sky-bridge. What is your floor area?

Rapister
21-02-09, 19:17
face tennis court once you open window will hear the pok pok sound of the tennis ball

especially 4th floor haha

PN
21-02-09, 19:49
Rapister made an important point here ---> Tennis court

In fact, in most development this type of unit is also one of the lowest in price. That's why you get a 100k discount.

Just want to share with you my own experience. I play tennis often & rotate regular tennis session among my tennis buddies condo. In one instance while playing tennis at a friend condo, the security guard came over & asked us to lower our voice because of residence complain that we make a lot of noise playing tennis.

In another occasion at another friend's condo, we continued playing after the boooking session as there is no one has booked the next session. The guard came & said someone complained that we are playing without booking. We know it comes from one of the unit facing the tennis court.

Hmm... I'm still trying to figure out how to keep quiet playing tennis. Cannot talk? No laughing? No hi-five celebration when you hit an ace? How to enjoy tennis like that.

I understand that these unit owner want to enjoy some peace after a busy day and their children also need to do their home work at night.
It's a battle between those units owner & the tennis lovers. Still can't find a solution today.

isaaclim
21-02-09, 20:47

Caspian highend!!! :doh: The developer give "SWING DOOR CABINET!" I almost :banghead: when i saw that provided by FCH project.

chang
21-02-09, 20:53
Rapister,

Please dont talk big in this forum as you can even say that you use sharkfin to rinse mouth.

Everyone of us in TQ is happy and anxious to be moving in to our new dream home, regardless of lake or not. As long as one is happy and contented with what they have, a small pool, coffeeshop, NTUC is still better than lake, Resturant or highend Supermarket.:cheers1:

Dude, I agree with you.. sometimes I dunno why people like to talk about other projects in a forum for The Quartz... weird... dun they have their own forum... Isn't this a forum for us to discuss our home at The Quartz. Anyway, that person has very bad spelling. If he eats at a restaurant, he shld stay in a FH property or landed property and not crap here. Hooray to The Quartz!!!

Rapister
21-02-09, 21:00
im going to flip who say i stay

chang
21-02-09, 21:01
I suppose that hotel will be named Hotel Cocca, fresh smell from Jurong factories... And the food they sell will be "seafood" from the lake. Oops, he eats at restaurants rite.

And dun think u guys shld be too worried bout the tennis courts cos not every one plays tennis all the time and in most condos the tennis craze may "die down" after a while so there shld be peace and quietness. And to the Caspian owner, i think at least we dun kena MRT noises... haha... our mrt is underground guys... Can u imagine staying next to the track or mrt station. Noise levels will be terrible... haha...

And chinese garden, i never knew it was so popular. we have punggol park, punggol waterfront in the future.

chang
21-02-09, 21:03
Hey guys, FLIPPER the Dolphin is in town... hmm... i mean in the lake!!! :cheers6:

chang
21-02-09, 21:04
Caspian highend!!! :doh: The developer give "SWING DOOR CABINET!" I almost :banghead: when i saw that provided by FCH project.

haha... dude, i think we shld say "FLIP" door. haha... Kudos to Quartz!!!

isaaclim
21-02-09, 21:13
Rapister made an important point here ---> Tennis court

In fact, in most development this type of unit is also one of the lowest in price. That's why you get a 100k discount.

In fact all remaining units are having 100k discount from December 08 price.

PN
21-02-09, 21:19
In fact all remaining units are having 100k discount from December 08 price.

Happy to know this. Good for the buyers.

isaaclim
21-02-09, 21:31
Today, the showflat is so crowded. People just park their cars alone roadside... Police came to sound buzzer.

I talked to a young police who is recording car plate no. He told me he is only do the recording for reporting.

I told them this show good sign and it mean these people believe Singapore govt can lead us thru the crisis. So govt should not "sam ban" them...

tortu
21-02-09, 22:06
I think let's just ignore this RAPIST (as he earns his TITLE) and focus on our TOP. Cannot wait to see all our lovely neighbours in The Quartz. I think by far, this is probably the most discussed Condo in Singapore by own residents!

Horray! Quartzean!

tortu
21-02-09, 22:09
By the way, I just came back from a night jog and pass by The Quartz. And you can see pockets of light coming from different units in our Condo whereby the workers are working through the nights and trying their best to get our dream home TOP soon.

This is heart warming!

kennt
21-02-09, 23:34

You go Jalan Wong Ah Fook in JB to eat isit? Restorant in Malay :doh:

kal
22-02-09, 06:47
haha, tats good one..:cheers6:

chang
22-02-09, 10:26
You go Jalan Wong Ah Fook in JB to eat isit? Restorant in Malay :doh:

Quartizens... he eats organic food, dun think they serve that in JB. Try the jungles in Malaysia for trees, grass... haha...

Icekopi
22-02-09, 11:15

Hi man,

Congrats and welcome to 'The Family' :spliff:

22-02-09, 11:23
yeah man, welcome
:D

isaaclim
22-02-09, 12:01
If you have not brought a unit, please act fast.

I heard that more and more external agents bring their client to showflat. There are some agent "standby" there after served their original client.

I am pretty for those agents. Today weather is so HOT!

CrAzY
22-02-09, 12:24

Haha what so great of staying next to hotel. CityLight quite high end but just beside is a HOTEL 81. Soon you may see women standing outside your home.

isaaclim
22-02-09, 12:32
Haha what so great of staying next to hotel. CityLight quite high end but just beside is a HOTEL 81. Soon you may see women standing outside your home.

Citylights is not even a mid tier condo. It is only for mass market. The quality of this project is so poor. Shame on Captialand.

If not because the rental yield is good. Else i will sue them until they rebuild my unit.

Rapister
22-02-09, 13:51
haha quartizen?? wrong spelling lah

quartz must be quartzi

we are PRINCE CASPIAN!!!

we rule!

Cot
22-02-09, 15:09
Anyone started to talk to ID?
I went to the Decor fair at Expo yesterday. Did anyone sign of commit any thing already? Care to share which ID co.?
Went to Quartz today too :) Many people, overheard left less than 50units...
I even walk to the site works...The gap between the pool facing condos is good..not too near, unlike other condos...
I stay facing tennis court though :)
Look forward in moving in...
Cheers!!

chia252
22-02-09, 15:15
hi, guys

I got a new id quotation,very competitive these days.

Carpentry-Works To fabrcate & install 2mL TV console c/w feature-wall display in laminate finishing Supply & install display tea color f/h mirror at dining hall area To fabricate & install study table c/w top part cabinet in laminate finishing (6ftL) at m/bedroom To fabricate & install 2 nos study table c/w top part cabinet in laminate finishing (10ftL) at bed room 2 Supply & re-laminate low display ledge for master & bedroom 2 Ceiling-Works Supply & install false ceiling at main entrance & dry kitchen area Supply & install false ceiling at dining area Supply & install design explose cornice at living,dining & passageway area Supply & install false ceiling at living hall area Supply & install false ceiling at master bedroom entrance area Supply & install L-box at master bedroom area Electrical-Works Supply & run 23 nos lighting point for main entrance,dining,living,passageway & master bedroom area Provide labour to install 23 nos lighting for main entrance,dining,living,passageway & master bedroom area (lighting fixture provide by owner) Painting-Works Supply & paint whole house in ICI/Nippon paint (Mixed Paint) Wall-Paper Works Supply & lay design wall-paper at living hall part of wall (3.7mLx2.4mH) Supply & install design wall-paper at master bedroom bedhead part of wall (7ftLx8ftH) Miscellaneous Item Provide cleaning upon job completion Provide corrugated board for floor protection

Everything in all for abt 12k

TQ1
22-02-09, 15:55
hi, guys

Carpentry-Works To fabrcate & install 2mL TV console c/w feature-wall display in laminate finishing Supply & install display tea color f/h mirror at dining hall area To fabricate & install study table c/w top part cabinet in laminate finishing (6ftL) at m/bedroom To fabricate & install 2 nos study table c/w top part cabinet in laminate finishing (10ftL) at bed room 2 Supply & re-laminate low display ledge for master & bedroom 2 Ceiling-Works Supply & install false ceiling at main entrance & dry kitchen area Supply & install false ceiling at dining area Supply & install design explose cornice at living,dining & passageway area Supply & install false ceiling at living hall area Supply & install false ceiling at master bedroom entrance area Supply & install L-box at master bedroom area Electrical-Works Supply & run 23 nos lighting point for main entrance,dining,living,passageway & master bedroom area Provide labour to install 23 nos lighting for main entrance,dining,living,passageway & master bedroom area (lighting fixture provide by owner) Painting-Works Supply & paint whole house in ICI/Nippon paint (Mixed Paint) Wall-Paper Works Supply & lay design wall-paper at living hall part of wall (3.7mLx2.4mH) Supply & install design wall-paper at master bedroom bedhead part of wall (7ftLx8ftH) Miscellaneous Item Provide cleaning upon job completion Provide corrugated board for floor protection

Is the quotation from De Exclusive Design Group as mentioned in your previous posting?

stevengoh76
22-02-09, 18:13
JUst came back from the Quartz site.I manage to peep into my unit which is on the ground level.Very very disappointed!So much different from the show flat unit.Really damm small space area inside.Luckily I still got a patio,so at least if leave sliding door open,my living room won't seem small.Mirror definately a must in living room:But as for bedroom,I really can't imagine after placing bed inside,no space area to walk.:doh:

isaaclim
22-02-09, 18:34

quartz must be quartzi

we are PRINCE CASPIAN!!!

we rule!

Rule your head!

We are THE Quartz. The most pure and perfect crystal!

noblebaby
22-02-09, 18:42
JUst came back from the Quartz site.I manage to peep into my unit which is on the ground level.Very very disappointed!So much different from the show flat unit.Really damm small space area inside.Luckily I still got a patio,so at least if leave sliding door open,my living room won't seem small.Mirror definately a must in living room:But as for bedroom,I really can't imagine after placing bed inside,no space area to walk.:doh:

yeah, the showroom of 1068 sqft may not be 1068... it can be 11xx sqft...

i also visited some just-TOP units... the master bedroom is so small...!!! :banghead:

Cot
22-02-09, 18:49

Is your unit below the showflat?
U at which stack?
I am worried my small bedroom too..but intend to convert to a small study room

Cot
22-02-09, 18:57
yeah, the showroom of 1068 sqft may not be 1068... it can be 11xx sqft...

i also visited some just-TOP units... the master bedroom is so small...!!! :banghead:

I compare the area of the units (bet 97,99 & 100)...actually I some how feel that the units seem to be much smaller though these 3 units differ by 1-2sqm..
Must make sure my unit size is right!

quartz lover
22-02-09, 19:11
Is the quotation from De Exclusive Design Group as mentioned in your previous posting?

Any contacts?

Just went expo and got quote too.

It was $21k+++ for the same items mentioned above from classic desxxx....

isaaclim
22-02-09, 19:13

Ah.. Unit in bare form will give people an expression that it is smaller. That is why there is a profession called Interior Designer.

By the way, do you know they remove the wall between two joined unit in the showflat?

Alan Tam
22-02-09, 19:46
Ah.. Unit in bare form will give people an expression that it is smaller. That is why there is a profession called Interior Designer.

By the way, do you know they remove the wall between two joined unit in the showflat?

Agree. That's why all showflats are done by IDs. By the way, the showflat is ultra crowded at 5pm when i went there and was told that only 15 units left. Any updates on units left and pricing?

chia252
22-02-09, 19:52

No, this is the new quotation from other ID:)

not bad....
the website is www.stateart.com.sg

Alan Tam
22-02-09, 19:55

small? you should count yourself lucky you didn't buy Alexis! only 388 sq ft for the whole house! imagine how small.

chia252
22-02-09, 19:57

which stack r u in? can share?

kal
22-02-09, 20:42

10xx sq ft for 3bedder, its definitely smaller than other suburban development mah.. Livia...etc..etc 3bedder are 12XXsq ft up.. Those bought 10XXsq ft shld expect to get 10XXsq ft space, don expect 12xxsq ft space...

Same to those bought alexis, don expect to hv The Quartz type of space lor... hehe

chang
22-02-09, 21:15
10xx sq ft for 3bedder, its definitely smaller than other suburban development mah.. Livia...etc..etc 3bedder are 12XXsq ft up.. Those bought 10XXsq ft shld expect to get 10XXsq ft space, don expect 12xxsq ft space...

Same to those bought alexis, don expect to hv The Quartz type of space lor... hehe

well some projects need to have more space so as to attract customers to buy. E.g. Livia units may be bigger but hello its at pasir ris, all the way to the end of Singapore liao. And the distance to mrt is like a 15minutes walk. Take that into account, you probably need close to an hour to reach CBD or town.

As for Caspian, again its slightly bigger, its almost next to the mrt. Those who bought the 2 bedders are facing the track. Imagine the noise from the trains and some of the stacks even face the 3 BBQ pits and the tennis courts. Double whamy.

Imagine the sound... oops song.. SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES... and pop pop pop tennis sounds... krong krong krong trains sounds...

Well, at least they are near a famous school. Not that every one can get into a "choo" train sec school, though no famous primary school in sight.

Cot
22-02-09, 21:21

Agree..but again even if big, if paid for those not so useful area like wider walk way, larger bay window or balcony, bigger back yard, then maybe not so cost effective..rather the space be use in the rooms :)

chang
22-02-09, 21:21

quartz must be quartzi

we are PRINCE CASPIAN!!!

we rule!

Prince Caspian, please go back into the ulu forest of Jurong. There is where u rule...

Think u watch too much telly liao. TCS used to film period dramas in Chinese Garden right! U can be a chinese Prince Caspian then!!!

hahahahah

tortu
22-02-09, 21:28
I think RAPIST is SIOW already lah. People in this forum talking about psf trending in The Quartz, ID selection, recent irresistible pricing and reaction etc.

RAPIST wants to RULE, and don't even what he wants to rule. I think he probably is one of those typically uncle in COFFEESHOP that says "If Lim Ba is LKY, I will do this and that for Singapore......".....Oopss sorry not COFFEESHOP but ORGANIC RESTAURANT in don't know which ULU part of Singapore, some even JB!!:spliff:

ivanchan16
22-02-09, 21:37
Hi Ivan,

My unit also facing tennis court. Hope our unit will not be too near to the sky-bridge. What is your floor area?

My floor area is 1066 sqf :)

looks from the map, the tennis court is a distance away, hope it is not as noisy as it might seem...

u r in blk 55 or 57?

ivanchan16
22-02-09, 21:48
yeah man, welcome
:D

Thanks Icekopi and Ksiew :)

Hope we have nice neighbours in a few months time... but definitely not someone like rapister

Alan Tam
22-02-09, 22:13
I think RAPIST is SIOW already lah. People in this forum talking about psf trending in The Quartz, ID selection, recent irresistible pricing and reaction etc.

RAPIST wants to RULE, and don't even what he wants to rule. I think he probably is one of those typically uncle in COFFEESHOP that says "If Lim Ba is LKY, I will do this and that for Singapore......".....Oopss sorry not COFFEESHOP but ORGANIC RESTAURANT in don't know which ULU part of Singapore, some even JB!!:spliff:

Hi Tortu, I like the way you describe RAPIST. I think he has nothing better to do, leave alone. Any update? 100% sold?

Quartzbie
22-02-09, 22:26
Anyone started to talk to ID?
I went to the Decor fair at Expo yesterday. Did anyone sign of commit any thing already? Care to share which ID co.?
Went to Quartz today too :) Many people, overheard left less than 50units...
I even walk to the site works...The gap between the pool facing condos is good..not too near, unlike other condos...
I stay facing tennis court though :)
Look forward in moving in...
Cheers!!

Cot, what are the ID company that are there at the Decor fair at Expo and when it finish?

tortu
22-02-09, 22:28
Hi Tortu, I like the way you describe RAPIST. I think he has nothing better to do, leave alone. Any update? 100% sold?

I didn't drop by today (it is real easy for me as my current house is nearby and my son attends MPM there). But yesterday when I was there at 1pm, there were still ~ 50 units left I heard. I heard from the ERA agent that they may adjust the price up if the response is positive. And indeed it is positive as when I jog by there yesterday night, not only did I see pockets of workers working through the night, there was a couple ERA agent in their ERA jacket still hovering around the area with potential buyers around 9pm.

So I won't be surprised most units may have been taken by now. Anyone got any news?

As for neighbours, I think sometimes it is the way we open ourselves out to others first. Generally I think people will reciporate unless you "SWAY SWAY Kanan" people like RAPIST. Actually it is very important to have good neighbours as most blocks floor will have 4 units some 3 units. So this become even more crucial.

I will be the first to smile to anyone of you when we all move in there by the end end of this year! Looking forward to see all of you in the pool, gym, side walk, drop off point etc!!!

isaaclim
22-02-09, 22:34
Cot, what are the ID company that are there at the Decor fair at Expo and when it finish?

Don't need to worry too much about ID...
Market is not good... If we team up sure get super deal.

Confirm 19 units left...

Hurrah to Guocoland

Quartzbie
22-02-09, 22:36

ok..let us know what is your plan... :)

isaaclim
22-02-09, 22:53
ok..let us know what is your plan... :)

In fact, no need to hurry as of now. Only need to start hunting once we have more information about the TOP date.

Just did a check. Home Decor & Design 2009 is on 27 June.

http://www.singaporeexpo.com.sg/index.php?option=com_events&task=event_details&id=142&Itemid=38

tortu
22-02-09, 23:02
In fact, no need to hurry as of now. Only need to start hunting once we have more information about the TOP date.

I am a bit more lucky as my uncle is a main contractor for these ID company, this time round I will engage him direct as I saw his work in my sister-in-law new HDB house. Full wet work with caparentry only cost my sister-in-law $20K while I spent $46K for a similar scope of work in my current house.

I bet if I only do paintwork, lightings and one feature wall, it will definitely be < $10K. I guess the beauty of getting a condo is also the reduction of hassle for wet works, wardrobe etc. Hence can relax a bit.

I will probably drop by a couple of ID to get some ideas and then engage my uncle to do it this time. Unlike 10 years ago, when I was so naive and thinks my uncle's work is UNCLE like and hence cost me x 2.3 more.

Cot
22-02-09, 23:04

Many IDs, like 3D cw, Cixxxxn, imxxe, rext & rexx, i-brxxxx..many more..don't want to write their full names, cos don't want to advertise for them..haha..
You can find most of it in the ID book LookBox..

The fair end next week..open till 10pm daily..I think

TQ1
23-02-09, 07:39
No, this is the new quotation from other ID:)

not bad....
the website is www.stateart.com.sg

I think the pricing and details of the quotation looks great. Thanks for your info.

TQ1
23-02-09, 07:46
My floor area is 1066 sqf :)

looks from the map, the tennis court is a distance away, hope it is not as noisy as it might seem...

u r in blk 55 or 57?

Mine is 1141 sqft and I am in blk 61. I think tennis court is not too near as they are well camouflage behind the BBq pits and sky bridge.

TQ1
23-02-09, 07:50

Confirm 19 units left...

Hurrah to Guocoland

Hi Isaaclim,

Do you know whether Guocoland released all the remaining 182 units in this launch or just 60 units as the newspaper mentioned couple of days back?

Alan Tam
23-02-09, 07:59

Confirm 19 units left...

Hurrah to Guocoland

19 units? Must have heard wrongly then. Thought i heard 15 units.

libratiger
23-02-09, 08:47
Hi, I am a first time condo owner, would like to know if anyone knows if the Quartz come with everything fixed or only the electrical wiring and false ceilings (no lights/lamps)?

Thanks in advance.

TQ63
23-02-09, 10:00

Hi Welcome to TQ family,

So the 597K is already with rebates? or u have to pay a higher pricing then get rebate back later?

schoz
23-02-09, 11:10

Confirm 19 units left...

Hurrah to Guocoland

wow,wats the discounted psf for 1066sqft above #10 floor unit?

ivanchan16
23-02-09, 11:22
Hi Welcome to TQ family,

So the 597K is already with rebates? or u have to pay a higher pricing then get rebate back later?

Hi

I understand that buyers who got their unit previously (last year) got a 8% rebate, but got to pay a higher price first then receive rebate later.

The 597k unit that i bought is the new purchase price on paper liao. Now no more other rebates, straight away place downpayment based on the revised pricing, i.e. 597K :)

isaaclim
23-02-09, 11:23
Hi Isaaclim,

Do you know whether Guocoland released all the remaining 182 units in this launch or just 60 units as the newspaper mentioned couple of days back?

As at yesterdays 11pm. The whole project only left 19 units.

isaaclim
23-02-09, 11:29
Hi, I am a first time condo owner, would like to know if anyone knows if the Quartz come with everything fixed or only the electrical wiring and false ceilings (no lights/lamps)?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome! To private residential club. You are one of the top 20% in Singapore.

Basically, you only need to install lighting + curtain + home appliances + furniture (cabinet is provided by developer), then you can move in.

But usually for own stay, people will ask ID to do up their unit. Will share more information on ID when TOP come nearer.

Rapister
23-02-09, 12:18
please dont say such ting about me

i am belong to the high class group

CrAzY
23-02-09, 13:27
well some projects need to have more space so as to attract customers to buy. E.g. Livia units may be bigger but hello its at pasir ris, all the way to the end of Singapore liao. And the distance to mrt is like a 15minutes walk. Take that into account, you probably need close to an hour to reach CBD or town.

As for Caspian, again its slightly bigger, its almost next to the mrt. Those who bought the 2 bedders are facing the track. Imagine the noise from the trains and some of the stacks even face the 3 BBQ pits and the tennis courts. Double whamy.

Imagine the sound... oops song.. SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES... and pop pop pop tennis sounds... krong krong krong trains sounds...

Well, at least they are near a famous school. Not that every one can get into a "choo" train sec school, though no famous primary school in sight.

Hey i agree with you. During the market at its peak, i went to woodland to see one of the condo. The agent was pushing it as the price was cheap. 4th floor cost 430k. I went there and when i stand at the kitchen, the train just passed by. Not only we can hear the sound, i can even see ppl looking into. Worst still, the tennis court was just downstair. We can hear ooh ooh ah ah sound so clearly. To me even he is selling HDB price, i will not even consider.

Vizkid
23-02-09, 14:24
{{please dont say such ting about me

i am belong to the high class group}}

I don't understand wat you talking about....this guy's really funny :banghead:

The Truthful One
23-02-09, 14:39

Wow! Solid Man! If this goes on, you guys think TOP will be pushed earlier?:scared-2:

chang
23-02-09, 14:55

wow... excellent. But any idea how much did the pool units go for?

chang
23-02-09, 14:58
Wow! Solid Man! If this goes on, you guys think TOP will be pushed earlier?:scared-2:

hopefully so... but i think i wld rather they do a good job then rush through the remaining installations.

chang
23-02-09, 15:02
{{please dont say such ting about me

i am belong to the high class group}}

I don't understand wat you talking about....this guy's really funny :banghead:

i din know they had high class weirdos... haha...

TQ1
23-02-09, 15:04

Past by during lunch time. Still saw some cars parking along compassvale bow. Looking at this situation, I think all the 19 units will be sold out in the next few days.

dennislee
23-02-09, 15:19
The 15 units left were those more expensive Type with pool view and higher floor.

chang
23-02-09, 15:21
The 15 units left were those more expensive Type with pool view and higher floor.

any idea which stack is this?

dennislee
23-02-09, 15:25
Info from agent at 9am today 1707 1807 1408 1608 1916 1920 1921 1733 1833 1945 1138 to 1938.

chang
23-02-09, 15:33
Info from agent at 9am today 1707 1807 1408 1608 1916 1920 1921 1733 1833 1945 1138 to 1938.

do u mean the blk first then the floor? cos there is no blk 45 right?

jlam
23-02-09, 15:34
Went to the showroom:

Not ok:
Living area flooring - homogenous tiles, not marble
Table top at dining area & bath tub area - corian material
Fridge - almost at the entrance area (so called dry kitchen). no where else in kitchen to place it.
Dryer & washer has to be stacked, no place for side by side placing.
Prices are at the range of 690k - 890k

Ok:
space allocation is ok, rooms are of decent sizes
near MRT, have eateries
NEW
If the prices are at the range of 600k to 650k, value for money

Good for young couples, HDB upgraders (non fussy ones)

Alan Tam
23-02-09, 15:41
Went to the showroom:

Not ok:
Fridge - almost at the entrance area (so called dry kitchen). no where else in kitchen to place it.

Ok:
near MRT, have eateries
NEW

why need to stack dryer and washer? there are washer dryers all in one machine.

chang
23-02-09, 15:41
Went to the showroom:

Not ok:

Ok:
near MRT, have eateries
NEW

The fridge is placed at a good location. I saw the layout at Caspian. At least, we can stack it up at TQ. At Caspian, for the 2 rooms ones, u cannot even use a top-load washing machine as the kitchen top is built till the end of wall. U cannot even buy a dryer to stack up. So how to hang clothes??? Poor design!!! And the bay window area is so inconsistent. Some big, some small and in the 2nd room they dun even have one.

chang
23-02-09, 15:43
The fridge is placed at a good location. I saw the layout at Caspian. At least, we can stack it up at TQ. At Caspian, for the 2 rooms ones, u cannot even use a top-load washing machine as the kitchen top is built till the end of wall. U cannot even buy a dryer to stack up. So how to hang clothes??? Poor design!!! And the bay window area is so inconsistent. Some big, some small and in the 2nd room they dun even have one.

And Caspian has only the bathrooms having a few slabs of marble tiles. The overall layout is using homogenous tiles also.

chang
23-02-09, 15:47
why need to stack dryer and washer? there are washer dryers all in one machine.

actuallie i think many of us who bought TQ agree that the kitchen though small is ideal. Cos how many young couples cook nowadays. And even if cook, its simple fare. We are not planning to start a "zi-char" stall right.

But if we wish to stack up the dryer and washer its a good idea than have it side by side, its not nice also.

TQ63
23-02-09, 15:51
Hi LA,

You mentioned previously on a cheap furniture at Tai Seng.
Could you give me the address again. Thanks.:o

dennislee
23-02-09, 15:54
1707 Refer to level 17 unit 07

propertyinvestor
23-02-09, 16:02

Hi Dennis, do you have a rough indicative of those left over high floor, pool view units?

dennislee
23-02-09, 16:06
1408 should be around 730K at 1152sqft , poolview and ns facing.

propertyinvestor
23-02-09, 17:03
1408 should be around 730K at 1152sqft , poolview and ns facing.

Looks like price is very attractive for a high floor, pool view unit. (634 PSF).

Thanks

TQ1
23-02-09, 17:29
Looks like price is very attractive for a high floor, pool view unit. (634 PSF).

Thanks

Yes. It is indeed very attractive. Similar unit used to sell above $7XX psf before this launch.

isaaclim
23-02-09, 17:33
hopefully so... but i think i wld rather they do a good job then rush through the remaining installations.

Agree.

Base on the current progress, it is unlikely that we can get key before mid of May.

No need to be too "kan chiong" lah. As long as there is enough time for me to renovate + move in before July. I am happy. :)

isaaclim
23-02-09, 17:39
Yes. It is indeed very attractive. Similar unit used to sell above $7XX psf before this launch.

In fact, they are selling it at initial launching price + interest.
I think we have to say thanks to Goodwood Residence.

isaaclim
23-02-09, 17:41
Hi Dennis, do you have a rough indicative of those left over high floor, pool view units?

All pool view remaining units are from 715k. Chiong ah!

chia252
23-02-09, 18:56
wow,

I just got a email from my mayb confirmed ID, they are willingly to slash prices nw i am going to ask weiken id for their quo b4 i finally choose one. tink the market is really bad, many id are fighting each other gd for us.

get ready for IT show in Mar, many goodies coming.

I had bought a full hd LCD Tv ( 42) at Courts at 999 last weekend. and they promised any price drop they will refund me .

perhaps all owners we can share what do buy for our new homes.......;)

isaaclim
23-02-09, 19:04
wow,

I just got a email from my mayb confirmed ID, they are willingly to slash prices nw i am going to ask weiken id for their quo b4 i finally choose one. tink the market is really bad, many id are fighting each other gd for us.

get ready for IT show in Mar, many goodies coming.

I had bought a full hd LCD Tv ( 42) at Courts at 999 last weekend. and they promised any price drop they will refund me .

perhaps all owners we can share what do buy for our new homes.......;)

I will wait until Singapore Greatest Sale 2009 - maybe it will really the greatest ever!

chia252
23-02-09, 19:07
I will wait until Singapore Greatest Sale 2009 - maybe it will really the greatest ever!

True....

Wat abt ID, which Id you choosing, any to recommend

Thanks

isaaclim
23-02-09, 22:56
True....

Wat abt ID, which Id you choosing, any to recommend

Thanks

I will wait till later date. If you shop now, they will know u very kan chong... and chop you!

A lots of projects are ending soon. Many contractors are eagerly looking for new project + not so many new launch coming, so should be able to get the same job done at cheaper price later. :)

LA
24-02-09, 00:18
Hi LA,

You mentioned previously on a cheap furniture at Tai Seng.
Could you give me the address again. Thanks.:o

16 Tai Seng Ave, next to sakae building. Furniture are under OM group.
Have you confirm ur ID? Im almost done with the design but have to do some actual measurement upon collection of key. My customer gave me quite a number of lobang for furnishing. Perhaps can meet up upon collection of key n see which is the best for us. hehe...

Was at Silver River last weekend n surprise they are not as "chi-na" as we(me n my huband) thought. They have a total of 7th floor i think. Its worth going down for reference.
Check out for www.renotalk.com before commiting on furniture. Some stories can be v scary. We went to one at ubi n was glad we din commit on the dining table which they promise to customise to our requirement. The feedback from various forums make our eyeball roll.

evilllll
24-02-09, 12:23
Anyone seen the dining table in the showroom? like that very much. Anyone who has seen similar can advise or anyone know where it was from. Please advise.

Rapister
24-02-09, 13:16
i will import my dining table from italy, i will never choose make in singapore furniture. haha :p

isaaclim
24-02-09, 14:49
i will import my dining table from italy, i will never choose make in singapore furniture. haha :p

Can i respectfully request u to use a gentle name for your future posting!

It is not just a stupid act by calling yourself Rapister, it is seriously very offensive.

chang
24-02-09, 14:57
Can i respectfully request u to use a gentle name for your future posting!

It is not just a stupid act by calling yourself Rapister, it is seriously very offensive.

this fellow is irritating everyone in TQ. I wld say he is dumb cos he buys a place in lakeside and wants to use italian stuff. perhaps he is planning to use pizzas as plates as well as pasta as curtains. :cheers6:

CrAzY
24-02-09, 15:01

I believe you are either a young ignorant or old piece of shit,nothing better to do. Your act is really childish. Shame on you.

ivanchan16
24-02-09, 15:02
Anyone seen the dining table in the showroom? like that very much. Anyone who has seen similar can advise or anyone know where it was from. Please advise.

Hi TQ owners,

Please see http://www.myhome.com.sg/Properties/Public/TQ/Content/shtml/showflats.shtml

for the virtual showflat in case u need to recall anything that you've seen :)

chang
24-02-09, 15:06

lots of freebies as well. but one worry is when exactly is our TOP and issuing of keys,

isaaclim
24-02-09, 15:25
lots of freebies as well. but one worry is when exactly is our TOP and issuing of keys,

Usually it will take 2-3 weeks to obtain TOP after all the major works are done.
And 1-2 months to distribute all the keys.

So, my wild guess is anythings before mid of May is unlikely.

So, basically nothing we can do except to get your loan approved and standy 6 months maintenance fees.

mr funny
24-02-09, 15:26
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,320460,00.html?

Published February 24, 2009

Developers' home sales top 1,000 units in Feb

GuocoLand sells some 160 units at The Quartz after last week's price cut

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Developers have achieved an 18-month high in private homes sold in a month, with the 1,000-unit mark having already been breached so far in February.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-02-24/BT_IMAGES_KRSALES24.jpg
Snapped up: A showflat at The Quartz condominium developed by GuocoLand. About 98 per cent of buyers of the units are Singaporeans, 80 per cent of whom live in the vicinity, mainly with HDB addresses

Most of the developers who are prepared to pare their price expectations to more affordable levels continue to be rewarded. A near 10 per cent price chop was all it took for GuocoLand to sell off almost 90 per cent of the 182 units at The Quartz condo in Buangkok relaunched last week.

The Singapore-listed property arm of Malaysian tycoon Quek Leng Chan has found buyers for about 160 units since last Tuesday's price cut. This means the 625-unit project is now left with only around 20 units, compared with 182 units prior to the relaunch.

GuocoLand trimmed the 99-year-leasehold project's average price to $595 per square foot (psf), compared with $650 psf during the height of the market in 2007.

Besides the more competitive pricing, market watchers attributed the successful outcome to the fact that The Quartz will be ready for occupation soon. Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) for the condo is expected in a couple of months.

The bulk of buyers are believed to have bought for their own occupation. About 98 per cent of buyers are Singaporeans, 80 per cent of whom live in the vicinity, mainly with HDB addresses, a GuocoLand spokeswoman said.

'They like the design, layout and location of the development, which is near Buangkok MRT Station and also accessible by Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway,' she added.

The bulk of the 182 units were three-bedroom apartments. On average, a typical three-bedder of slightly under 1,100 sq ft costs around $650,000, BT understands.

Over at Jurong Lake District, Frasers Centrepoint found buyers for another 35 units for its Caspian condo over the weekend, raising total sales in the 99-year-leasehold project to 515 units.

The overall average price achieved is just over $600 psf, reflecting the sale of better-facing units in the past week. About 32 per cent of Caspian's buyers have opted for an interest absorption scheme; they will pay 3 per cent more in exchange for not having to foot beyond the 20 per cent initial payment until the project receives TOP. On average, three-bedroom units at Caspian cost $700,000 to $750,000.

At River Valley Road, Fortune Development found buyers for another six units at RV Suites over the weekend. Half the 96 units in the freehold project have been sold. The project comprises mostly units of 500-550 sq ft, and the average price is about $1,300 psf. East Coast Properties sold another four units over the weekend for its D'Chateau @ Shelford, which is priced at $1,000-$1,100 psf on average.

Market watchers note that over at Livia in Pasir Ris, some of the 30 units released at $620 psf on average on Valentine's Day weekend are still available. Units are relatively large (a typical three-bedder is about 1,259 sq ft), resulting in a bigger unit price quantum of at least $750,000 for a three-bedroom unit. Potential buyers may also be waiting for new projects to be launched in the area before deciding on their purchase.

Seasoned property consultants say that for mass-market projects to move today, they should be priced at around $600 psf at most, and the unit price should not exceed $700,000, in order for them to be affordable to HDB upgraders.

chang
24-02-09, 20:49
I believe you are either a young ignorant or old piece of shit,nothing better to do. Your act is really childish. Shame on you.

agreed. he's pissing TQ residents off...

chang
24-02-09, 20:54
Usually it will take 2-3 weeks to obtain TOP after all the major works are done.

So, basically nothing we can do except to get your loan approved and standy 6 months maintenance fees.

glad to hear tt... can't wait to move in... u be very informative. cheers!!!

Rapister
24-02-09, 21:02
u all young gun dont play play lah

learn from old bird like me will benefit u

we are all condo owner the top 20% of singapore dont fight fight argue argue :spliff:

quartz
24-02-09, 21:56

we are all condo owner the top 20% of singapore dont fight fight argue argue :spliff:

Right, "Old Bird". Think you are in the wrong forums. Quartz is for the young one...... "Old Bird" like yourself should belong to the other "Old" forums..... like maybe "Caspian". Think it's more suitable for yourself.....

Do check it out......:rolleyes:

queensway
24-02-09, 21:57

Get the hell out of this place if u are not TQ owner. Real sick. go back to your jungle hideout.

THis fellow is plainly an attention seeker who has nothing better to do
:doh:

tortu
24-02-09, 22:26
Guys, let's not get so upset with this RAPIST. He gets what he wants if we are upset with him.

Let's enjoy our forthcoming new home and we should rejoice that people like him didn't buy into Quartz, otherwise, it is a nightmare to have neighbours like him.

Good luck to the Lakers in Caspian!:hell-hath-no-fury:

axela_3
25-02-09, 06:55

Why don't you just shut the **** up and get your sorry ass back to your jungle? In fact, there is no place for such a person like you in this thread so why don't you consider ****ing off to your own "HIGH CLASS" thread.

But judging by the way you conduct yourself here, I don't think the forumers in your "HIGH CLASS" thread also want a person like you. Somehow, I suspect that you've also been thrown out by them.

So why don't I suggest you just dig yourself a real big hole and bury your scum face in it.

And by the way, if you do ever make any replies, please do a spell check and correct your grammatical mistakes. A "LINGUIST" like me takes a long time to try and understand what the **** you're trying to say.

Rapister
25-02-09, 07:28
why so angry?

tell u to dont argue already

please lah why quarrel :tsk-tsk:

we are all top 20% of singapore we must support each other

although caspian is the best, we are all condo stayer, give each other idea and discuss lah

anyway condo is for establish people, young man like you should stay hdb :D

Cot
25-02-09, 10:24
Guys, let's not get so upset with this RAPIST. He gets what he wants if we are upset with him.

Let's enjoy our forthcoming new home and we should rejoice that people like him didn't buy into Quartz, otherwise, it is a nightmare to have neighbours like him.

Good luck to the Lakers in Caspian!:hell-hath-no-fury:

Agree! Just ignore him, when nobody reply, he will leave the forum.
He is just jealous that he didn't get The Quartz, as he got Caspian before TQ re-priced.
If he didn't like TQ, he will not always come to this forum and monitor.

gfoo
25-02-09, 11:06
why so angry?

tell u to dont argue already

please lah why quarrel :tsk-tsk:

we are all top 20% of singapore we must support each other

although caspian is the best, we are all condo stayer, give each other idea and discuss lah

anyway condo is for establish people, young man like you should stay hdb :D
Rap, just because you can afford a condo does not qualify you or anyone to have an elite mentality. there are many elites living in HDB

giving your views about the good/bad of a project is one thing

putting down people is another, it's not good manners

TQ63
25-02-09, 14:20
16 Tai Seng Ave, next to sakae building. Furniture are under OM group.
Have you confirm ur ID? Im almost done with the design but have to do some actual measurement upon collection of key. My customer gave me quite a number of lobang for furnishing. Perhaps can meet up upon collection of key n see which is the best for us. hehe...

Was at Silver River last weekend n surprise they are not as "chi-na" as we(me n my huband) thought. They have a total of 7th floor i think. Its worth going down for reference.
Check out for www.renotalk.com before commiting on furniture. Some stories can be v scary. We went to one at ubi n was glad we din commit on the dining table which they promise to customise to our requirement. The feedback from various forums make our eyeball roll.

Thanks. I will visit the place next week.
I have not confirm any ID. I have asked the ID you recommend to prepare a design. however cannot give a final quote yet as he needs to see the place first. have not approach the rest of ID yet.
I went to show room MONDI at upper thomson. some of of furniture is also nice.

SIA
25-02-09, 15:23

Just check the www.myhome.com.sg website, the developer has START to apply for authority inspection for TOP.

Does it means TQ will obtain TOP in 3 - 4 weeks time?

yeah, looking forward to it :-)

Rapister
25-02-09, 16:07
all the best to TQ ! :D

bitebite
25-02-09, 16:35
Hi,

For the flooring on the living room, TQ seems to be using porcelain tiles. I know that porcelain tiles is better than ceramic one, but compare to the more common homogeneous tiles, which is better? Which is more upmarket?

Alan Tam
25-02-09, 16:48
Hi,

For the flooring on the living room, TQ seems to be using porcelain tiles. I know that porcelain tiles is better than ceramic one, but compare to the more common homogeneous tiles, which is better? Which is more upmarket?

Here is your answer from the website:

What is the difference between standard “ceramic” tiles and porcelain tiles?
Fequently Asked Questions Porcelain/Ceramic Tile
APPEARANCE/USE

Q. What is the difference between standard “ceramic” tiles and porcelain tiles?

Tile terminology can be confusing. Most types of tiles that are made from clay or a mixture of clay and other materials, then kiln-fired, are considered to be a part of the larger classification called “Ceramic Tiles”. These tiles can be split into two groups, porcelain tiles and non-porcelain tiles. These non-porcelain tiles are frequently referred to as ceramic tiles by themselves, separate from porcelain tiles.

“Ceramic” or non-porcelain tiles are generally made from red or white clay fired in a kiln. They are almost always finished with a durable glaze which carries the color and pattern. These tiles are used in both wall tile and floor tile applications, are softer and easier to cut than porcelain, and usually carry a PEI 0 to 3 rating. Non-porcelain ceramic tiles are usually suitable for very light to moderate traffic and generally have a relatively high water absorption rating making them less frost resistant and they are more prone to wear and chipping than porcelain tiles.

Porcelain tile is a tile that is generally made by the dust pressed method from porcelain clays which result in a tile that is dense, impervious, fine grained and smooth, with a sharply formed face. Porcelain tiles usually have a much lower water absorption rate (less than 0.5%) than non-porcelain tiles making them frost resistant or frost-proof. Glazed porcelain tiles are much harder and more wear and damage resistant than non-porcelain ceramic tiles, making them suitable for any application from light traffic to the heaviest residential and light commercial traffic. Full body porcelain tiles carry the color and pattern through the entire thickness of the tile making them virtually impervious to wear and are suitable for any application from residential to the highest traffic commercial or industrial applications. Porcelain tiles are available in matte, unglazed or a high polished finish.

http://www.tttiles.com/faq.asp

bitebite
25-02-09, 17:49
But any tiles expert or reno expert can advised whether homogeneous tiles or porcelain tiles are more upmarket? expensive?

isaaclim
25-02-09, 20:00
Just check the www.myhome.com.sg website, the developer has START to apply for authority inspection for TOP.

Does it means TQ will obtain TOP in 3 - 4 weeks time?

yeah, looking forward to it :-)

3-4 weeks is not possible. If they submitted, most likely is request for inspection at a later date.

But at least it show the developer is in a hurry for TOP.
This maybe mainly due to many units sold earlier was base on DPS.

orange
25-02-09, 20:14
Porcelain tiles usually more expensive. The manufacture of porcelain tiles requires higher workmanship. Those Italian porcelain tiles can be much more expensive than China marble.

quartz
25-02-09, 20:44
Hi All,

Have checked with the developer on the TOP date. It should be around Apr 09.

Very soon, we can move in to our long awaited Quartz.

bitebite
25-02-09, 21:16
Porcelain tiles usually more expensive. The manufacture of porcelain tiles requires higher workmanship. Those Italian porcelain tiles can be much more expensive than China marble.

Wonder what sort of porcelain tiles are they giving us.

kennt
25-02-09, 21:39
Drove pass today. They are putting up the front facade for the main entrance. Very nice & classy! Unfortunately could not take a pix due to rain. Will try to take some pixs this weekend.

isaaclim
25-02-09, 21:42
Wonder what sort of porcelain tiles are they giving us.

Well... porcelain < Marble but definitely higher grade then ceramic.

In fact porcelain is classified as homogeneous titles

isaaclim
25-02-09, 21:46
Hi All,

u called the developer or just asked agent?

chia252
25-02-09, 22:01
Hi All,

TOP ard Apr 09 but when start to collect the keys???:)

bitebite
25-02-09, 22:10
Well... porcelain < Marble but definitely higher grade then ceramic.

In fact porcelain is classified as homogeneous titles

Hi Issac,

But it is written that living and dinning area will be covered in porcelain tiles whereas bathroom will be covered with homogeneous tiles.

So does porcelain tiles = homogeneous tiles

LA
25-02-09, 22:45
Thanks. I will visit the place next week.
I have not confirm any ID. I have asked the ID you recommend to prepare a design. however cannot give a final quote yet as he needs to see the place first. have not approach the rest of ID yet.
I went to show room MONDI at upper thomson. some of of furniture is also nice.

I've been there 2 weeks back. If you like Mondi, you may try Morris Lifestyle also. Its the same style. Bgt a coffee table from them.
Gotten contacts from jb also for curtain work. Recommended by my customer. Will b asking them to come over for measurement.According to my customer, the curtains are not bad. So she asking for their service again to do up her other house.
If you'r interested, pass u the contact next Time

quartz
25-02-09, 22:55
u called the developer or just asked agent?

Yes. Checked with the developer directly.

Understand from them that the collection of keys would be subjected to full payt, plus six month maintence fees and survey fees. The early we arrange for the payt, the earlier we can get the keys.

isaaclim
25-02-09, 22:58
Hi Issac,

But it is written that living and dinning area will be covered in porcelain tiles whereas bathroom will be covered with homogeneous tiles.

So does porcelain tiles = homogeneous tiles

Sorry i am not tile expert. Can really provide details explanation.

Basically ceramic is low cost tile. Porcelain tiles cost a bit more.

Porcelain tiles are make of clay. Homogeneous tiles have different kinds, depend on the material. So, it is quite common to classify porcelain tiles as a kind of Homogeneous tiles. Because if you break a porcelain tile, the internal and the base are same, unlike ceramic tile.

Polished homogeneous tiles can be used for living room flooring. Those provided by Quartz is belong to a kind that is mean for kitchen and bathroom, so it won't be too slippy.

orange
26-02-09, 01:06
Porcelain tiles at the Quartz based on showflat are the same as those used in living spaces at modern designer condos in the CCR - a la SCDA and WOHA architects...

The Truthful One
26-02-09, 10:07

Understand from them that the collection of keys would be subjected to full payt, plus six month maintence fees and survey fees. The early we arrange for the payt, the earlier we can get the keys.

I have also just called up the Developer and my lawyer.

TOP is confirmed in April 09.

Once the developer serve the notice to your lawyer, within 1-2 weeks, you can get your keys liao! (Provided you have paid all the outstanding fees due)

quartz lover
26-02-09, 11:32
I have also just called up the Developer and my lawyer.

TOP is confirmed in April 09.

Once the developer serve the notice to your lawyer, within 1-2 weeks, you can get your keys liao! (Provided you have paid all the outstanding fees due)

I am one of the buyer during soft launch by in may 2006.

The long wait is finally over....:D

quartz lover
26-02-09, 11:34
hi, guys

Can share the contact no of this contractor??

Quartzbie
26-02-09, 12:06
Can share the contact no of this contractor??

Hi Chia,

Is the quote from Image creative design? I heard there is one of our quartz owner have already confirm with them at the road show at expo..is it you? :P

dennislee
26-02-09, 12:17
what price did u pay at that time and what unit ? Can i know.

Rapister
26-02-09, 12:33
i drive passed the quatz in my BMW today. rain quite heavy but my windscreen wiper quite powerful so can still see the quatz building

not bad la

mostly is the chinese family buy, no expat at all

a lot of prc worker walk around the area

this project quite suitable for family, very easy to go buy thing at ntuc lah

for me i go for upmarket place this quatz not my cup of tea. anyway i buy my foods from cold storage. ntuc dont have organic not so healthy.

my 2 cent worth :D

Rapister
26-02-09, 12:35
Hi,

actually marble most upmarket
for myself i usually go for italian marble
hope it helps :)

Icekopi
26-02-09, 12:57
this fellow is irritating everyone in TQ. I wld say he is dumb cos he buys a place in lakeside and wants to use italian stuff. perhaps he is planning to use pizzas as plates as well as pasta as curtains. :cheers6:

Hi all,

You will be playing into his(rapist)'s hand if you all get agitated or angry.
Just ignore him lor, empty vessels make the most noise.

Rapister
26-02-09, 13:00
dont double post in other thread

i just want peace, the others like to attack me because they get too emotional

VIPCLUB2004
26-02-09, 14:01
https://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-04a7.pdf

I wait for the condo index to hit 120 :sleep: :sleep:

orange
26-02-09, 16:32
i drive passed the quatz in my BMW today. rain quite heavy but my windscreen wiper quite powerful so can still see the quatz building

not bad la

mostly is the chinese family buy, no expat at all

a lot of prc worker walk around the area

this project quite suitable for family, very easy to go buy thing at ntuc lah

for me i go for upmarket place this quatz not my cup of tea. anyway i buy my foods from cold storage. ntuc dont have organic not so healthy.

my 2 cent worth :D

BMW = Bus MRT Walk?

Poor thing. Hope you didn't catch a cold.

orange
26-02-09, 16:35
actually marble most upmarket
for myself i usually go for italian marble
hope it helps :)
Sorry but I think you got conned. The marble used by Singapore contractors and developers are from China. Mostly Taiwanese manufacturers but made in China.

If you use Italian marble I think not worth it, because the cost of marbling your entire floor will be more than your HDB 3 room flat.

Hahahhaah :D:D:D:D

The Truthful One
26-02-09, 16:53
BMW = Bus MRT Walk?

Poor thing. Hope you didn't catch a cold.
Orange, you're simply awesome!

Hahaha :cheers6: :cheers6:

TQ1
26-02-09, 17:52
Drove pass today. They are putting up the front facade for the main entrance. Very nice & classy! Unfortunately could not take a pix due to rain. Will try to take some pixs this weekend.

After reading your posting, purposely drove pass after work. The front facade is taking shape as the workers are working on it right now. I think in the next few days, once the the welding and touch up are done, it should look nice. Looking forward to the TOP in Apr soon.

spiker10
26-02-09, 19:18
HAHHA!!! Rapister, you are seriously rather entertaining with your senseless remarks. People! Don't get pissed! Just appreciate the poor fella who has no friends and nothing better to do but to come post such entertaining posts! Woohoo! Go Rapister! Hail to stupidity! Hurrah!

quartz
26-02-09, 19:34
Hi all,

You will be playing into his(rapist)'s hand if you all get agitated or angry.
Just ignore him lor, empty vessels make the most noise.

Can't agreed more. Just ignore him. Very soon, he will be bored and leave this forum.

Then we can all finally say "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish".

Alan Tam
26-02-09, 19:57
After reading your posting, purposely drove pass after work. The front facade is taking shape as the workers are working on it right now. I think in the next few days, once the the welding and touch up are done, it should look nice. Looking forward to the TOP in Apr soon.

Ya, I did that also, didn't see not much difference other than the skeleton iron shelter. Are we referring the same thing as kennt?

Any idea how many units left? Still see quite a lot of cars parking outside TQ

kennt
26-02-09, 21:25
Ya, I did that also, didn't see not much difference other than the skeleton iron shelter. Are we referring the same thing as kennt?

Any idea how many units left? Still see quite a lot of cars parking outside TQ

Ya...we are referring to the same iron tiggy that is taking shape from the side of the main entrance to the guardhouse. Also, they are finishing the paintwork of beige color. I would think white is nicer though.

Alan Tam
26-02-09, 21:40
Ya...we are referring to the same iron tiggy that is taking shape from the side of the main entrance to the guardhouse. Also, they are finishing the paintwork of beige color. I would think white is nicer though.

Right, I think white is better. Any TQ picture to share?

kennt
26-02-09, 22:18
Right, I think white is better. Any TQ picture to share?

Here u go..this was taken last week. You can see the beige on the side wall. They are now working on the whites.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3167/22022009162.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

bitebite
26-02-09, 22:36
Hi all,

Is TQ going to build a covered walkway to MRT? Saw it in a previous thread, but waht's the outcome? Can anyone following the thread please advise?

Thanks.

chia252
26-02-09, 22:42
Hi Chia,

Is the quote from Image creative design? I heard there is one of our quartz owner have already confirm with them at the road show at expo..is it you? :P

no i am not the one

chia252
26-02-09, 22:47
Hi all,

Is TQ going to build a covered walkway to MRT? Saw it in a previous thread, but waht's the outcome? Can anyone following the thread please advise?

Thanks.

Gd question, have to check wif SLA

isaaclim
26-02-09, 23:14
Gd question, have to check wif SLA

Is it likely? Developer is definitely not going to bear the cost?

Unless it is in the govt plan to update the town.

kennt
26-02-09, 23:30
Is it likely? Developer is definitely not going to bear the cost?

Unless it is in the govt plan to update the town.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=318&page=7

The information is no longer available in SLA website. Most likely NATO.

bitebite
26-02-09, 23:45
Woouldn't it be so nice to have covered walkway to the MRT? Think we only appreciate it on rainy days. Thanks for update.

chang
26-02-09, 23:56

can i check if the payment u are referring to for the DPS? What about Progressive payment? What about the survey fees?

isaaclim
27-02-09, 00:05
Woouldn't it be so nice to have covered walkway to the MRT? Think we only appreciate it on rainy days. Thanks for update.

In fact The Quartz is not more then 300m from MRT. So don't worry. Furthermore, if it does rain, you can do your groceries at NTUC and have your meal on the food court just to wait for rain to stop.

quartz
27-02-09, 05:45
can i check if the payment u are referring to for the DPS? What about Progressive payment? What about the survey fees?

Hi Chang,

Yes. I'm referring to DPS. Not too sure about Progressive Payment. Should be the balance amount that is due to them. Understand that the survey fees should be in the region of a few hundred of $$$.

TQ1
27-02-09, 07:26
In fact The Quartz is not more then 300m from MRT. So don't worry. Furthermore, if it does rain, you can do your groceries at NTUC and have your meal on the food court just to wait for rain to stop.

Since there is covered walk-way all the way to the buangkok HDB at compassvale bow opposite Quartz, just cross the road and you will be "covered" all the way to your block.

Rapister
27-02-09, 08:10
huh? dont u guys drive?

isaaclim
27-02-09, 08:17
huh? dont u guys drive?

You only have one member in your family?

TQ1
27-02-09, 08:22
huh? dont u guys drive?

Of course we drive. But we don't have 5 cars (including maid).

isaaclim
27-02-09, 09:00
Hi Chang,

Yes. I'm referring to DPS. Not too sure about Progressive Payment. Should be the balance amount that is due to them. Understand that the survey fees should be in the region of a few hundred of $$$.

All the same.

Required for developer to issue key:
1. Loan approved or 85% balanced settled by own mean. The rest of 15% is after CSC.
2. 6 months maintenance fees
3. Surveyor Fees

Cot
27-02-09, 09:13
Since there is covered walk-way all the way to the buangkok HDB at compassvale bow opposite Quartz, just cross the road and you will be "covered" all the way to your block.

I observe the area, like no suitable road able to build covered walkway..

kennt
27-02-09, 10:06
I observe the area, like no suitable road able to build covered walkway..

In fact, the most appropriate way to do this is to contruct it from the side entrance facing Sengkang Central, pass the zebra crossing, along the pavement to the MRT. :beats-me-man:

evilllll
27-02-09, 10:52
"To ensure that the site was well-contested, SLA took the initiative to reduce developers’ uncertainties in bidding for the site. For example, SLA obtained an in-principle approval from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for the construction of a covered walkway to connect the future condominium (The Quartz)to the Buangkok MRT Station. (see Pg 35 at this SLA website 2004/05 Annual Report - www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf )

Rapister
27-02-09, 12:55
You only have one member in your family?

me and my se xy wife. 1 car each.

both my maids nevermind one lah. a bit of water on their head.

but i dont have that kind of problem in caspian

limpaul
27-02-09, 12:58
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=318&page=7

The information is no longer available in SLA website. Most likely NATO.
See page 35 of this SLA document http://www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf

LTA is the one who supposed to do the walkway. Perhaps someone can pursue the matter. Will be great if it materialised.:)

isaaclim
27-02-09, 14:33
me and my se xy wife. 1 car each.

both my maids nevermind one lah. a bit of water on their head.

but i dont have that kind of problem in caspian

Jesss.. i am pity on your wife. If she is pretty and you are a Rapister, it is just like a flower on a pile of shit!

chang
27-02-09, 14:44

yup... acutallie i feel that a walkway wld be good but at the same time its difficult to get them to build it across the road to the hdb flats... might spoil the facade of the condo also...

But if they do build it, it be GOOD...

anyway, after eating all the "unhealthy food", all TQ residents gg to walk a bit to the station as a form of exercise. At least we get to enjoy REAL food. Not like some fat fool keep driving and having to eat organic food.

isaaclim
27-02-09, 15:02
See page 35 of this SLA document http://www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf

LTA is the one who supposed to do the walkway. Perhaps someone can pursue the matter. Will be great if it materialised.:)

Emailed them. Let's see how they reply.

isaaclim
27-02-09, 15:14
i manage to come across some interesting information when surfing SLA site.

Sengkang Central/Buangkok Drive is awarded to Winterhall Pte Ltd on 18 Jan 2005 at 172,515,000.

Land size is 21,985.3sqm. Plot ratio 3.0.

That is around 243psf ppr.

990113d03
27-02-09, 15:38
No disrespect to Quartz owners, just wondering at land cost of 243psf purchased by the developer, selling 550-650psf in its so-called Pre-TOP sale by the developer in this economical climate, the developer still "jia bey liao"... cant imagine those that bought at higher price during 3rd & 4th quarter of 2008 from the developer with those 8% rebate thingy allowing caveat lodged for Quartz units to soar to $800000-900000!!!. The developer really know how to squeeze hard earned money from HDB upgraders. Heard surrounding HDB flats at buangkok only cost around 200k yet they looked very nice with amenities like covered walkways and underground carpark! Compared to the Quartz, the surrounding HDB flats are indeed a bargain compared to prices now.

isaaclim
27-02-09, 18:02
No disrespect to Quartz owners, just wondering at land cost of 243psf purchased by the developer, selling 550-650psf in its so-called Pre-TOP sale by the developer in this economical climate, the developer still "jia bey liao"... cant imagine those that bought at higher price during 3rd & 4th quarter of 2008 from the developer with those 8% rebate thingy allowing caveat lodged for Quartz units to soar to $800000-900000!!!. The developer really know how to squeeze hard earned money from HDB upgraders. Heard surrounding HDB flats at buangkok only cost around 200k yet they looked very nice with amenities like covered walkways and underground carpark! Compared to the Quartz, the surrounding HDB flats are indeed a bargain compared to prices now.

200k at what size? How about renovation costs?

For me, i usually use this formula to judge. Condo = 2 x HDB. When you brought a condo unit, you are not only own that unit. You are also having share on common area and facilities.

For The Quartz, the developer would need about 200-300psf to break even. That would depend when they lock in their materials purchases. So selling below 600psf is reasonable price.

Only those choice unit was sold above 600+psf in this round + not many of them. So, i don't think it is "Jia Bey Liao" deal for developer.

Piper
27-02-09, 22:28
Folks,

Actually, this guy (Rapister) is rather entertaining.

After a long day of work, i can't resist coming into this forum to find out what comments he has made for the day. Daily dose of laughter. His overcompensating behaviour and postings has made my day.

Cheers!

vic
27-02-09, 23:03

U seems to forget to add in the building cost. :rolleyes:

If average material cost is about 150 psf + 243 psf land cost = 393 psf. Initial launch price back in 2006 was about 460 psf. That means developer makes abt 67 psf. That of cuz depends on the material cost fluctuation and bank interest incurred over these 2-3 yrs.

For HDB....for obvious reason there's no land cost, material used is general normal quality....thats why they can sell at avg 200K+

HDB will always be HDB.....private will always be private.

kal
28-02-09, 04:12

u say until like HDB upgraders are forced to buy, forced to being squeezed by developer..

isaaclim
28-02-09, 08:36

Do you know the those are not the true selling price. Developer give cash back + stamp duty for those transaction.

stevengoh76
28-02-09, 11:06
Anyone know if the floor plan that were given to us earlier;Is it according to the scale measurement?Some of the interior company can't really do a exact drawing base on that,not realistic plotting n design cos measurement area might be smaller than the existing floorplan.Anyone know when will the actual measurement floor plan with all dmension issue to us?

sun
28-02-09, 14:23
"The Quarts" subsale in internet/classified still asking sky high price 700K-800K. Although developer already slashed 100K in recent new launch.
Propety market confidence more or less still maintain regardless of economy/unemployment condition.
My 2 cents view, it could be supported by Senkang/Punggol HDB resale price . 5i around 400K-450K.

28-02-09, 17:19
hmms... in my opinion, after the developer slashed the 100k, the leftover 15 units are still above 720k... think that subsale market price will not go less than 600psf unless thr realli is a emergency to get rid of the units.
what are your opinions?
:spliff:

isaaclim
28-02-09, 17:46
hmms... in my opinion, after the developer slashed the 100k, the leftover 15 units are still above 720k... think that subsale market price will not go less than 600psf unless thr realli is a emergency to get rid of the units.
what are your opinions?
:spliff:

It depend. Majority of the left over units are pool facing. So one things for sure, the developer asking price cap the price in subsale market as of now.

Rapister
28-02-09, 18:06

jealous cant afford.

chang
28-02-09, 18:41
Anyone know if the floor plan that were given to us earlier;Is it according to the scale measurement?Some of the interior company can't really do a exact drawing base on that,not realistic plotting n design cos measurement area might be smaller than the existing floorplan.Anyone know when will the actual measurement floor plan with all dmension issue to us?

Actually most of the good IDs can do an estimate. In fact, the 2 IDs I approach told me that it is not necessary as they can estimate from the floor plan we have that has no dimensions listed.

For me, ID is important as we buy to live in for a period of time so try to look for the better ones and not those that just give a lot of discount but not much quality.

On another note, TQ is looking great when I passed by today.

Cot
28-02-09, 19:14
i manage to come across some interesting information when surfing SLA site.

Sengkang Central/Buangkok Drive is awarded to Winterhall Pte Ltd on 18 Jan 2005 at 172,515,000.

Land size is 21,985.3sqm. Plot ratio 3.0.

That is around 243psf ppr.

How did you compute $243psf?

Cot
28-02-09, 19:19

Nope, definitely not according to scale. I tried to do an estimate on the measurement base on the size of the door and project the size of the room. Realise that the area is bigger than the actual floor plan. So its really a bit 'deceiving' to base on the floor plan..

stevengoh76
28-02-09, 20:30
Nope, definitely not according to scale. I tried to do an estimate on the measurement base on the size of the door and project the size of the room. Realise that the area is bigger than the actual floor plan. So its really a bit 'deceiving' to base on the floor plan..

I totally agree with u!

isaaclim
28-02-09, 21:03

It is always better to have on side measurement to avoid complication. Especially curtains/blinds

isaaclim
28-02-09, 21:10
How did you compute $243psf?

Land purchase price, M = S$ 172,515,000.
Land size, S = 21,985.3 X 3.28 X 3.28 sf.
Plot ratio, P = 3.

So, M/S/P = 243psf ppr.

tortu
01-03-09, 16:27
I just went over to Quartz and looking at the state of progress, I don't think it can TOP in April. Looks more like June

chang
01-03-09, 16:36
I just went over to Quartz and looking at the state of progress, I don't think it can TOP in April. Looks more like June

hmmm... hopefully can earlier lor... but from the website, they have applied for the authorities to inspect the site liao so maybe, just maybe it might still be April. Guess with the sudden surge in sales, they will try to push forward the completion as they have other projects in hand. :)

code01
01-03-09, 18:51
heard its 100 percent sold :)

coburn
01-03-09, 19:36
heard its 100 percent sold :)

i have also heard that some buyers backed out...

my source is from an agent who was marketing this project and showed me around last week

Alan Tam
01-03-09, 22:11
Wow LA,

you must have bought at a very good price judging from the time of purchase.

anyway, if u browse thru some earlier threads between some of us(TQ1, Keent, Alan Tam etc), we may want to check out the designer of TQ showflat and may copy some of their design. If we do it together we hope to get a better price.

So hang around for more update about this when nearing TOP.

Cheers!
Hi Icekopi. since last August till now, found any good ID? maybe can get together for better pricing.

Alan Tam
01-03-09, 22:14
Here u go..this was taken last week. You can see the beige on the side wall. They are now working on the whites.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3167/22022009162.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Hi Kennt, thanks for the pix. hope they paint in white.

Icekopi
02-03-09, 08:44
Hi Icekopi. since last August till now, found any good ID? maybe can get together for better pricing.

Hi Alan,

Me and my wife still looking around and have not confirmed any. So far, most IDs have got back to us with a brief design(quotation) but they all want to meet us personally to discuss further.

Those IDs included David(LA's recommendation).

I thought might as well wait till TOP than confirm(want to see the actual place 1st).

We were at Tampines Mall's Courts the other day and wow those LCD Tvs really cheap. If you buy a 40 - 42inch at around 1k - 2.7k(depending on brand) they give 26inch somemore! :spliff:

flanderman
02-03-09, 09:49
I was told by the agent that hacking down of walls can only be done after CSC. So for those who intend to hack down walls may have to take note of this when planning to do your reno..

Can anyone verify this (bout hacking can only be done after CSC)?

Quartzbie
02-03-09, 09:57
Hi guys, any idea if there is any window at the yard and air con ledge area? From the drawings it doesnt seems to have any window.

noblebaby
02-03-09, 09:57
I think the Quartz has the most active discussion on this forum... Must be a good place to stay... happy for all the owners.

cheers :)

repanse71
02-03-09, 10:03
It's standard practise. Even after CSC, as long as developer has not hand over the management office, no approval for hacking walls, aka structural change.

For some new condo, for at least x years, management office may not approved such request preserve unit layout ..

Regards

I was told by the agent that hacking down of walls can only be done after CSC. So for those who intend to hack down walls may have to take note of this when planning to do your reno..

Rapister
02-03-09, 10:04
not prime area lah

i live near orchard :)

isaaclim
02-03-09, 10:19

Affirmative. No hacking is permitted before CSC, which is 1 year from TOP. And which is also the expiration of warranty by developer.

I have gather some contacts for Curtains, ID and Lighting. Waiting for their quotation for further comparison. After some filtering, i will share it.

axela_3
02-03-09, 10:21
Hi Alan,

Me and my wife still looking around and have not confirmed any. So far, most IDs have got back to us with a brief design(quotation) but they all want to meet us personally to discuss further.

Those IDs included David(LA's recommendation).

I thought might as well wait till TOP than confirm(want to see the actual place 1st).

We were at Tampines Mall's Courts the other day and wow those LCD Tvs really cheap. If you buy a 40 - 42inch at around 1k - 2.7k(depending on brand) they give 26inch somemore! :spliff:

Hi Ice Kopi,

In actual fact, Phillips is having a promo on their 100Hz 42" LCD which is also giving away a 32". Go check it out.

ivanchan16
02-03-09, 10:47
Hi fellow TQ owners,

Like to ask u guys... if I wish to hack away the toilet fittings (toilet bowl and sink) in the maid's toilet so that I can use the space as additional store room, is that allowable and do i need permission from the developer/ management office?

Icekopi
02-03-09, 10:51
Hi Ice Kopi,

In actual fact, Phillips is having a promo on their 100Hz 42" LCD which is also giving away a 32". Go check it out.

Thanks man!

isaaclim
02-03-09, 10:58
Hi fellow TQ owners,

Like to ask u guys... if I wish to hack away the toilet fittings (toilet bowl and sink) in the maid's toilet so that I can use the space as additional store room, is that allowable and do i need permission from the developer/ management office?

Very unlikely! Strictly speaking you cannot remove any fixture that was original there.

But depend how strict they stick on it.

Cot
02-03-09, 11:14
Very unlikely! Strictly speaking you cannot remove any fixture that was original there.

But depend how strict they stick on it.

I thought can just remove it? Just like if we dont like the basin in the toilet, we can replace it?
But that's a good idea to use that as a storeroom :)

LA
02-03-09, 12:08

Hi Flanderman,

I'm thinking of hacking 2 rooms into one. U hacking urs 2? But called up the developer b4. Everything got to wait until we meet up with them to know all the claus n condition, like wht can hack wall, drying clothes at planter area, etc...

All, dun think ID will give us an actual quotation until they view the house. Lightings, corning cant b measured from paper. But just get a rough qoutation from them.At least u can estimate ur price from there.

Alan Tam
02-03-09, 15:26
Hi Ice Kopi,

Hi, may I know where is the philips promotion you mention and how much? Thanks.

redhen
02-03-09, 16:11
Hi All,

Can we all work on this checklist? Please use another colour to add in additional items and use strikeout to delete items here (that are not relevant). Thanks.

roycfw
02-03-09, 17:44

yes... many "restorant" in Indonesia & Malaysia where ppl eat with 1 leg on the BENCH, NOT CHAIRS, but in Spore, they're RESTAURANT... Now I know why you don't eat in coffeeshop :tongue3: