PDA

View Full Version : Owners in the West beware!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

DaytonaSS
16-07-13, 22:51
Im still waiting for my 4 bedders Ardmore Park, 2800sqft =) 8 to 10mil man...

This is what I called luxury....:D:D:D:D

totally agree, space is the new luxury.

lajia
16-07-13, 22:54
thats why go for landed will not be wrong in my opinion...:)

Ringo33
16-07-13, 22:55
What lie? Still refuse to accept a 1 bedder at the sail transacting at near 2kpsf is much more worthwhile compare to a mm in J at 1.7kpsf? One at marina and one at jurong, hey stop creating smoke screen or whatever crap like worst units in best streets lah. U only put yourself in more humiliation.
The address betw the two already suggest many shades of difference.
What is your projected cap gain for a mm unit at J? just say lah, I promise I won't laugh.

Still not happy? We got more examples,
Top up a bit more, you get espada near orchard. FH somemore (Under 1 mil quantum). Still Many shades better than your mm at J right?
Why? Still got face to argue? Yes I know u will hv give up.
Besides accusing others of sprouting nonsense, i think u r the biggest joke in this thread. Not a single minute I never see u bickering with others.
Ok la, u the best, others all wrong.

So spare me all the nonsense of majority of the sail 1 bedder is transacted at $2000psf because you simply pick and choose what you like to read. Like I said before, did you even bother to ask if $1700psf of J Gateway is the average price and what is the unit size?

So please dont try to act stupid here. If you doesnt know the importance of quantum play in today's market, then you shouldnt be commenting about MM at all.

Xan
16-07-13, 22:58
So spare me all the nonsense of majority of the sail 1 bedder is transacted at $2000psf because you simply pick and choose what you like to read. Like I said before, did you even bother to ask if $1700psf of J Gateway is the average price and what is the unit size?

So please dont try to act stupid here. If you doesnt know the importance of quantum play in today's market, then you shouldnt be commenting about MM at all.

Didn't you also see my example on espada? Practicing selective reading again?

Xan
16-07-13, 23:01
It if funny why people here are putting the heat on J Gateway and calling J Gateway buyer as stupid etc, when project like Echelon which is selling the same MM unit at $2400psf, and Robertson 2900psf, MBR selling above $3500psf.

As I said again, what we are seeing today is the first wave of JLD, the next wave will come in 2014.

It's not about JLD anymore, it's about your ego and accusation that everyone is sprouting nonsense and you r the only one that is right.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 23:08
Didn't you also see my example on espada? Practicing selective reading again?

Didnt you see my example about other condo around JLD such as Caspian and Lakeshore? Selective reading?

And didnt you see my example of the price gap between J Gateway and the newly launch project along RV? Selective Reading?

And so, whats up with Espada? good value for money?

Xan
16-07-13, 23:14
My final advice to all the forumers here who had been painstakingly giving views and opinions out of good will.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level"

Ciao and good night. :sleep:

Ringo33
16-07-13, 23:19
My final advice to all the forumers here who had been painstakingly giving views and opinions out of good will.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level"

Ciao and good night. :sleep:

please dont waste your time with those half baked data. You are not going to convince anyone here other than yourself.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 23:20
I just learn about Property 101 today.

Does anyone here know where are the best and worst street in Singapore?

Cyberknight
16-07-13, 23:29
I looked with interest and amusement seems like I have been in that situation before...

Back in 2009,
My choices then.

1) The Sail, lvl 7, facing ORQ, 644 sqft, 1 bedder. Offer $950k
2) City square residence, mid floor pool facing, 864 sqft, 2 bedder, offer $900k
3) Woodsville 28, high floor, pool and road facing, 1,033 sqft, 2+1 bedder, offer $800k

Rental, rationalization, not too different.

In the end, I bought option 3.

Reason. Using future value to buy an option now. Less cash outlay.
Option 1 and 2, no matter how I like the unit, too much cash outlay even then.
Then, buying the best unit in option 3 allows me to have better control over selling price and rental, option 1, stares into another office block, I can't phantom how to stay in it myself or renting for a good px.

on hindsight, rental on option 1,2,3 are all about the same in %, price appreciation in % are similar.

The quantum is e culprit, cos at that point in time, I seriously can only afford option 3.

So if I have a $1m today and die die must buy a property, J gateway even at $1.7k Psf for the best unit may still make sense vs the sail that I cannot afford anyway....

So the best street worst street argument will not go anywhere if there are not that many options to look at for a particular budget.

lot286
16-07-13, 23:32
if you'd bought empty bungalow (free hold) land @ ledang heights @ Iskandar you could have made 100% between January and June 2013:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Cyberknight
16-07-13, 23:33
To add, buying property is personal, so is renting a property..

I rented for years in off the chart locations like in e far flung corner of yishun, stayed in pioneer braving the coco smell, staying in bishan and joo Chiat terrace.

Each has its characteristic, you like it means you like it. Be it buyer or tenant.

Ringo33
16-07-13, 23:36
New record price for 3 bedder unit.

2013-07-03
1,109sqft
1,245psf

Ringo33
16-07-13, 23:47
Lakefront Jun 2013 1,033sqft $1,355psf
Caspian May 2013 1001sqft $1184psf
Lakeholmz May 2013 1234sqft $1000psf

All record price for 3 bedder

Regulators
17-07-13, 00:57
caspian and lakeholmz owner bought at dirt cheap prices and even at their current peak, it is $5xxpsf cheaper than what u paid for J gateway. If you compare launch price to launch price, you have paid $1000psf higher than the launch price of these two projects, so much for having meat left on the bone :doh: :doh:

Lakefront Jun 2013 1,033sqft $1,355psf
Caspian May 2013 1001sqft $1184psf
Lakeholmz May 2013 1234sqft $1000psf

All record price for 3 bedder

Ringo33
17-07-13, 06:50
More jobs coming to the West.

http://www.edb.gov.sg/content/edb/en/news-and-events/news/2013-news/Covance-Expands-Singapore-Central-Laboratory-by-50-Percent-to-Meet-Clients-Increased-Asia-Pacific-Focus.html

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/shell-sinopec-total-set-joint-venture-lube-park-20130717

lionhill
17-07-13, 08:45
Your R33 talk the most. Look at the stupid thread he has started.
haha, i am neutral. sometimes, I will support brother DKSG, right? Actaully, I respect every insightful comments.

but I do think people staying in the east or heavily vested in the east miss the advantage of the west. MRT can be everywhere, shopping centers can be everywhere. However, there are the most educational institutions in the West. This feature will make the west unique.

rymccondo77
17-07-13, 19:33
"All quiet on the Western Front" (at least for the past 10 hours) :)

teddybear
17-07-13, 20:30
What for? All my kids go overseas.................. You really think NTU and NUS as good as those ranking suggest? :rolleyes:

haha, i am neutral. sometimes, I will support brother DKSG, right? Actaully, I respect every insightful comments.

but I do think people staying in the east or heavily vested in the east miss the advantage of the west. MRT can be everywhere, shopping centers can be everywhere. However, there are the most educational institutions in the West. This feature will make the west unique.

teddybear
17-07-13, 20:34
Think you hit the nail on the head "BUDGET"!
So, if all those J Gateway buyers are on budget and have no other option than to buy J Gateway because $800+k QUANTUM is the maximum they can afford, I fear for them when the prices drop because there will be many force selling and panic selling! :scared-1:

I looked with interest and amusement seems like I have been in that situation before...

Back in 2009,
My choices then.

1) The Sail, lvl 7, facing ORQ, 644 sqft, 1 bedder. Offer $950k
2) City square residence, mid floor pool facing, 864 sqft, 2 bedder, offer $900k
3) Woodsville 28, high floor, pool and road facing, 1,033 sqft, 2+1 bedder, offer $800k

Rental, rationalization, not too different.

In the end, I bought option 3.

Reason. Using future value to buy an option now. Less cash outlay.
Option 1 and 2, no matter how I like the unit, too much cash outlay even then.
Then, buying the best unit in option 3 allows me to have better control over selling price and rental, option 1, stares into another office block, I can't phantom how to stay in it myself or renting for a good px.

on hindsight, rental on option 1,2,3 are all about the same in %, price appreciation in % are similar.

The quantum is e culprit, cos at that point in time, I seriously can only afford option 3.

So if I have a $1m today and die die must buy a property, J gateway even at $1.7k Psf for the best unit may still make sense vs the sail that I cannot afford anyway....

So the best street worst street argument will not go anywhere if there are not that many options to look at for a particular budget.

lajia
17-07-13, 21:54
what kind of cocky comment is this...i doubt your kids can get in to local U, and LL got to send them oversea. come back they will be like you, for sure...
dont look down on local U and not all ppl like u born with silver spoon...
wealth is in your heart and mind, not for u to show off.

What for? All my kids go overseas.................. You really think NTU and NUS as good as those ranking suggest? :rolleyes:

lot286
17-07-13, 22:07
Teddybear i just lost all respect for you....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: (and i am an overseas grad myself).

teddybear
17-07-13, 22:07
The way you are saying, all those scholars must be damned lousy, that is must go overseas to study?! :doh:

what kind of cocky comment is this...i doubt your kids can get in to local U, and LL got to send them oversea. come back they will be like you, for sure...

lajia
17-07-13, 22:12
no need to divert...i am directing my comment to u, just u...:mad:

The way you are saying, all those scholars must be damned lousy, that is must go overseas to study?! :doh:

Simi
17-07-13, 22:23

Deeply heartened and humbled by your above phrase

at least there are still people like you and many others here
that make this forum worthwhile :ashamed1:

teddybear
17-07-13, 22:24
No need to divert attention, I am asking you a valid question in response to your statement that people LL must go overseas because they can't get into local U.

Your above statement tell people that you are saying overseas graduates are lousy, so ask you, scholars must be so lousy too that is why must go overseas to study? :tongue3:

no need to divert...i am directing my comment to u, just u...:mad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajia

teddybear
17-07-13, 22:27
Those are words that only losers will say when they don't have the money wealth... :tongue3:

Deeply heartened and humbled by your above phrase

at least there are still people like you and many others here
that make this forum worthwhile :ashamed1:

Allthepies
17-07-13, 23:06
No matter how much material wealth one's has, he is still an empty shell if he does not possess humility......

leonglp
17-07-13, 23:41

Your kids went to overseas on scholarships? Otherwise please make sure they are in those 'very recognized' ones.

My MNC (with >100k h/c worldwide) employer only go for those top universities in UK/US/Aussie, or NUS/NTU/SMU.

My department has a Duke graduate, but only a contract staff.

Regulators
17-07-13, 23:48
I think NUS standard is quite high for certain faculties, not all. UK uni standard have dropped, some are not even comparable to our local polytechnics. For UK, I would still deem Oxbridge as top class. I think the ivy leagues in US are still among the best in the world.

Your kids went to overseas on scholarships? Otherwise please make sure they are in those 'very recognized' ones.

My MNC (with >100k h/c worldwide) employer only go for those top universities in UK/US/Aussie, or NUS/NTU/SMU.

My department has a Duke graduate, but only a contract staff.

astroboy8681
18-07-13, 00:16
please change your avatar photo of the saint with angel wings...

huge disrespect...

lot286
18-07-13, 00:39
Those are words that only losers will say when they don't have the money wealth... :tongue3:

ok, wtf is this..:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mrtcard
18-07-13, 01:00
ok, wtf is this..:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

that's why I say this forum was cool until teddybear talks.
I don't think he has university children yet because he don't talk like in his forties or fifties

lot286
18-07-13, 01:07
Teddy bear is a 'SHE".
:banghead: :banghead:

Trigger
18-07-13, 02:55
[QUOTE=teddybear]Those are words that only losers will say when they don't have the money wealth... :tongue3:

Lame. Perhaps your kids went overseas to get away from you.

hopeful
18-07-13, 06:15
why is teddybear being flamed?
he is only stating what the truly wealthy feels.

of course, the wealthy usually put on a fake front of humility for public consumption, much like our politicians holding a broom for the cameras or the punggol candidate picking leaves from a drain.
internet affords a certain level of anonymity, hence less need to be on guard.

phrases like this "wealth is in your heart and mind, not for u to show off" is just a comfort for the poor.

perhaps those who flame teddy can post a picture of their bank balance. much like this rich soul did. http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...6&postcount=31 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=414706&postcount=31)
perhaps when lajia, lot286, and others can show bank balance of more than $4million, then their claims of humility inspite of their wealth would be more well regarded instead of the envy that i now see inside you.

should the wealthy be criticised for looking down on daihatsu and buying a merc instead?

hopeful
18-07-13, 06:21
please change your avatar photo of the saint with angel wings...

huge disrespect...

please change your userid. huge disrespect...to astroboy.
i dont think you are as cute as astroboy.

chestnut
18-07-13, 07:00
You are assuming all wealthy think like this.... This is only an assumption....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

of course, the wealthy usually put on a fake front of humility for public consumption, much like our politicians holding a broom for the cameras or the punggol candidate picking leaves from a drain.

phrases like this "wealth is in your heart and mind, not for u to show off" is just a comfort for the poor.

perhaps those who flame teddy can post a picture of their bank balance. much like this rich soul did. http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...6&postcount=31 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=414706&postcount=31)
perhaps when lajia, lot286, and others can show bank balance of more than $4million, then their claims of humility inspite of their wealth would be more well regarded instead of the envy that i now see inside you.

should the wealthy be criticised for looking down on daihatsu and buying a merc instead?

Ringo33
18-07-13, 07:44
Actually Teddybear is a wannabe, frustrated lonely soul and attention seeker.

Rich and wealthy doesnt come to social forum to brag about birkins old ccr property because a ten years old who knows how to spell millionaire could also claim he is wealthy just like any other computer keyboard hero.

And now what? take photo show bank account? Ask teddy to show us his birkin bag collection from 10 20 years ago loh.

Having said that, if your read his thought, I actually think that Teddy is a very lousy investor who have missed the boat big time over the last few years because he thinks its stupid to invest in OCR or MM properties cater to middle class. Perhaps he is just too stubborn and ignorant that he forget about diversification of portfolio and moving where the market goes.

So for a person who having been left stranded alone in an island, you will have to forgive him for releasing his frustration in the forum once in awhile.

Having said that, one will also need to know that people get rich not from dealing with rich people only, they get rich because they could sell to the world.

Just look at fortune 500 or all the richest billionaire in the world, how many of them make their fortune solely from doing business with and for the rich? Look at Ingvar Kamprad, did he make his billions selling high end furniture to the rich only?

So for property investment, what is the point of investing in multi million dollar apartment when the market is screaming for compact or practical apartments?

Ringo33
18-07-13, 07:47

like i said, rich people doesnt need to come to social forum to so off their wealth, they do it on the street in the real world.

Its the wannabe who think they are rich will need to do in the forum because no one can verify if they are telling the truth and they also wont be made embarrass by someone who is wealthier because there is no limit to how loud you can blow your own trumpet in forum.

hopeful
18-07-13, 08:38

of course not all wealthy. there would always be an exception. however the vast majority think like this. do you agree?
or you think only the minority of the wealthy feel like this?

lajia
18-07-13, 08:45
Another huge disrespect for your measurement of wealth and i would deem it as the lowest class of all, sorry to say that but at least from my own opinion if u are just using paper money as the only measurement....
To u, 4 millions, you consider yourself rich, to some, maybe 4 billions....so don't make up your own assumption, especially in this aspect of wealth.
Ya I'm a poor man, and maybe because of that, I value more things in life instead of just paper money. I don't need to go in depth with u on this topic because I think this got something to do with upbringing and you might not understand, just like the rich tai tai bear...sorry to say that.

hopeful
18-07-13, 09:05
Another huge disrespect for your measurement of wealth and i would deem it as the lowest class of all, sorry to say that but at least from my own opinion if u are just using paper money as the only measurement....
To u, 4 millions, you consider yourself rich, to some, maybe 4 billions....so don't make up your own assumption, especially in this aspect of wealth.
Ya I'm a poor man, and maybe because of that, I value more things in life instead of just paper money. I don't need to go in depth with u on this topic because I think this got something to do with upbringing and you might not understand, just like the rich tai tai bear...sorry to say that.
lajia, i totally agree with you on that. because i cannot out-compete teddybear, propertyowner in terms of monetary wealth, i can however out-compete teddybear in other areas.

in area of poverty, i can proudly say i am poorer than teddybear.
in fact, other peoples are prouder that they are poorer than teddybear. so i agree with you. paper money is not the only standard of wealth, you can actually use poverty as wealth too. and yes, people can actually be happy that they are poor instead of rich.

like in area of humility, i can proudly say that i am more humble than teddybear. i have an A1 distinction in humility, whereas teddy only got a B3.

btw, i am shocked by the fact that despite you having 4 billion, you still consider yourself poor. in this regard, you are more humble than i am.
so i bowed before you, because you are more humble in humility and you are richer in monetary wealth.

Simi
18-07-13, 09:21

Hi Teddybear

In spite of what you said

laija has my RESPECT :tongue3:

hopeful
18-07-13, 09:21
all you people has broaden my horizon, regarding the definition of wealth. so i quickly visited my banker to ask for mortgage.

hopeful: banker, can i borrow money to buy property.

banker: sure you can, let me see your earning, your assets, your wealth.

hopeful: here's my list of assets and wealth.

banker: mr hopeful, are you out of mind, the bank cannot accept this.

hopeful: what do you mean? people say to be healthy is to be wealthy and to be happy is to be wealth too.
look at my A1 distinction in health. i am in top 1% in healthiness in the country.
look at my A1 distinction in happiness. i am in top 1% in healthiness in the country.
so you see, mr banker, i am doubly wealthy in health and happiness.
so how come you cannot lend me money?

banker: security guard, please show this fine gentleman to the door.

Regulators
18-07-13, 09:47
By claiming you are more humble than others already shows u r not so humble after all:tsk-tsk:

like in area of humility, i can proudly say that i am more humble than teddybear. i have an A1 distinction in humility, whereas teddy only got a B3.

Regulators
18-07-13, 09:51
How do u know rich people do not value other measures of wealth? U r assuming rich people only care about money n nothing else which is a fallacy. I think poor people say that becoz they are jealous n say that to comfort themselves.

teddybear
18-07-13, 09:51
Are those words from that of a humble person? :rolleyes:

By claiming you are more humble than others already shows u r not so humble after all:tsk-tsk:

Ringo33
18-07-13, 09:58
Are those words from that of a humble person? :rolleyes:

Old man go take your medicine lah

hopeful
18-07-13, 10:07

this comment by teddy started it all.

why does people take umbrage with the statement?
rich buy merc instead of daihatsu, people here have something against the rich buying merc?
rich buy AP watches instead of casio, also have problem?
middle class travel to europe for holiday, the poor holiday in malaysia also have problem against middle class traveling to europe?

hopeful
18-07-13, 10:10
like i said, rich people doesnt need to come to social forum to so off their wealth, they do it on the street in the real world.

so it is ok to show off real world, but not in the forum?
so in a way, you are disagreeing with lajia?

Ringo33
18-07-13, 10:42
so it is ok to show off real world, but not in the forum?
so in a way, you are disagreeing with lajia?

I dont have to agree or disagree with anyone when I post anything.

What I am trying to say is that in the virtual world, nothing should be taken seriously so lets not waste out time discussing about how rich handsome mighty, how rich high class, how many Birkins or GCB you own.
This to me is complete waste of time.

Ringo33
18-07-13, 10:45
this comment by teddy started it all.

why does people take umbrage with the statement?
rich buy merc instead of daihatsu, people here have something against the rich buying merc?
rich buy AP watches instead of casio, also have problem?
middle class travel to europe for holiday, the poor holiday in malaysia also have problem against middle class traveling to europe?

dude, what people buy and what people wear is not exactly a sure sign the people are rich. And being rich doesnt mean smart, and being smart doesnt mean noble

So lets not waste comparing these nonsense and get back to the topic about the fire spitting WESTERN DRAGON

lot286
18-07-13, 11:06
haha .. for once i agree with Regulator..back on topic, all this is a waste of bandwidth.

But it was great to see people's true colours when it comes to material wealth..:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DKSG
18-07-13, 11:22
caspian and lakeholmz owner bought at dirt cheap prices and even at their current peak, it is $5xxpsf cheaper than what u paid for J gateway. If you compare launch price to launch price, you have paid $1000psf higher than the launch price of these two projects, so much for having meat left on the bone :doh: :doh:

Let me recap ...

The above was the last post that is relevant to the topic.

What forummers whould learn from this is ... Buy any Jurong condo now that is less than $1,200 psf ... because can immediate Huat!

DKSG

astroboy8681
18-07-13, 11:27
please change your userid. huge disrespect...to astroboy.
i dont think you are as cute as astroboy.

you ain't seen me you really can't comment & even if you did your conscious will tell you : you are way off my league dude, period...

lastly "hopeless" is more apt for your id... ;)

lajia
18-07-13, 11:30
:Dagree about buying those seems under valued...:o , given a choice, rather go for lakeshore. Or somewhere outer than that because they will announce about the jurong regional line. The idea is, buy before they announce...more upside potential. no need to snatch will others and chase up the price.

Let me recap ...

The above was the last post that is relevant to the topic.

What forummers whould learn from this is ... Buy any Jurong condo now that is less than $1,200 psf ... because can immediate Huat!

DKSG

lot286
18-07-13, 11:58
I have no doubt that Singapore's plans for Jurong will be a success.

This ties in nicely with their population growth targets and their efforts to alleviate the jams and stresses on infrastructure in the tradiational city centers.

I look at JLD's prospects, similarly to what the developments across the border (Iskandar), and also at HK's historical shift away from its central regions (CENTRAL) to Kowloon and NT (new territories).

Over in HK, one has the option to pay 5000 USD psqft for prime properties at the peak (GCBs area in Singapore) versus a discount of 30-40% in Kowloon.
And many has opted for the latter, once the government there started moving industries (in particular finance) over to that area. Most of the world's largest banks now have offices in Kowloon....

Will this work? It has to...does not make sense if the government will let it fail.

EBD
18-07-13, 12:18
What I am trying to say is that in the virtual world, nothing should be taken seriously

Like dat , may as well not even write one post on anything ever.

Congrats - you just made every post you ever wrote not to be taken seriously. :banana: :banana:

Ringo33
18-07-13, 12:20
I have no doubt that Singapore's plans for Jurong will be a success.

This ties in nicely with their population growth targets and their efforts to alleviate the jams and stresses on infrastructure in the tradiational city centers.

I look at JLD's prospects, similarly to what the developments across the border (Iskandar), and also at HK's historical shift away from its central regions (CENTRAL) to Kowloon and NT (new territories).

Over in HK, one has the option to pay 5000 USD psqft for prime properties at the peak (GCBs area in Singapore) versus a discount of 30-40% in Kowloon.
And many has opted for the latter, once the government there started moving industries (in particular finance) over to that area. Most of the world's largest banks now have offices in Kowloon....

Will this work? It has to...does not make sense if the government will let it fail.

JLD has got potential to become the regional office for companies will strong presence in the west region, and this include chemical, petroleum logistic and pharmaceutical companies.

The government is actually using JLD as a test bed to develop sustainable high density urban living. When fully developed, it will become like a smaller scale cbd where you will have commercial offices, shopping, leisure attraction, hotel, clubs etc.

The question is not if it will work, but how soon actually. Over at Jurong Gateway the development is coming on stream quite nicely, and what JLD need now is to have a massive theme park investment to transform the entire Lakeside. Once thats in place, everything will multiply very quickly.

Looking at the masterplan i do see a good potential that JLD might actually grow beyond the existing size and expand southward to connect with pandan area to create a massive lakeside district with many waterfront homes. Very similar to the existing Marina, Kallang Basin concept.

Ringo33
18-07-13, 12:27
Like dat , may as well not even write one post on anything ever.

Congrats - you just made every post you ever wrote not to be taken seriously. :banana: :banana:

It is funny how someone who reminded us about the purpose of this forum could suddenly degenerate himself into someone who goes around discussing about out of context issues which have nothing to do with property investment.

So Mr. Best and Worst Street. I have posted the below question to you. Appreciate if you could spend your time replying them rather than doing your banana dance.

1) I am glad that you are reminding us that this is a forum about investing in property, which mean we should be focusing on property investment discussion instead of going around asking if you own J Gateway or if you could afford anything? Or even to the extent of discussion who is more senior in this forum.

2) Now you are saying you cant explain what is Best and Worst Street and giving excuses like it is a common knowledge that everyone talk about?
Sorry leh, I am have been in this forum for about a year, I have never heard about people talking about Best and Worst Street in Singapore.

Could you give some example of what is consider as the best and worst street, and how each compare to each other in terms of capital appreciation and rental yield (this is property investment discussion, refer to point (1))

3) So best street is River Valley, which mean buying even the lousiest house or apartment at RV is better than buying the best house in the worst street.

So lets take Waterford Residence for example, its located in River Valley area, and compare it with say The Centris in the far flang of Jurong. So make it easier for reader to see, I have created 2 charts here, so by look at the price moving for each chart, do you want to guess which chart belongs to the Best Street and which belongs to the Worst Street?

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6638/fctr.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4839/i8ou.jpg

4) And now, please take a good look at these photos which were taken in the 60s and 70s, so please tell us if these photo looks like they are best or worst street?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2259/7pfz.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3599/3685155362_bb7b243a68.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2065335447_10da0eb19b.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6292/e4pn.jpg

Regulators
18-07-13, 12:53
Any street in a prime district is a better street than jurong in terms of land value. For the same size of land n plot ratio in a prime district n jurong, which do u think is more valuable n can sell higher? Why buy pty on cheaper land when a person can own pty on more expensive land for the same price?

It is funny how someone who reminded us about the purpose of this forum could suddenly degenerate himself into someone who goes around discussing about out of context issues which have nothing to do with property investment.

So Mr. Best and Worst Street. I have posted the below question to you. Appreciate if you could spend your time replying them rather than doing your banana dance.

lajia
18-07-13, 13:25
we are actually buying on perceived value, the location don't change. But what if the perceived value of tomorrow change?? Anyway, I doubt u understand but basically ppl like LKS would be the best person to talk about this topic. So, so, buy based on tomorrow's value, and don't dwell on yesterday's value as u know which one would have got better potential. Maybe I shouldn't tell u so much....but I just want to share with the rest my point of view.
Any street in a prime district is a better street than jurong in terms of land value. For the same size of land n plot ratio in a prime district n jurong, which do u think is more valuable n can sell higher? Why buy pty on cheaper land when a person can own pty on more expensive land for the same price?

EBD
18-07-13, 13:26

Terribly sorry I don't spend every waking minute on this board for you. I have a life unfortunately - hope you didn't get separation anxiety whilst I was gone.

Anyhow I'm sorry to see you seem to think that there is some discussion we are having here.
I was just pointing out to other forumers that whatever falls out of your mouth is not to be taken seriously.

I can't make you say such stupid things. I can only point out to others that you think everything said by anyone in online virtual world cannot be taken seriously.

I have already tried to educate you - you just simply don't have the ability to understand concepts or read around the subject - looks like you need me to spoon feed you. Hence I came to the conclusion that there is little point continuing with you.

Anyone who has invested in property before understands basic concepts. Here is another one.
3 rules of property

1) location
2) location
3) location

Maybe you don't understand this one either and have to go off on some wild tangent trying to prove to others you are right. It's OK - we now all know your opinions are not to be taken seriously because all online opinions are not to be taken seriously (your own standards - not mine)

The reason I have no longer engaged with you on this thread is that I have decided to take my own advice - which you have unimaginatively copied but again seem to fail to understand the subtleties of ...http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=67988&postcount=10

"never argue with an idiot...... they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" - (EBD 2009)

I suppose I should be flattered...

ps my old place in Jurong up 60% since I move out. Nice capital appreciation don't you think? Still holding. New place also up - a bit less but still up. All this with my confused thinking! Lucky for me in the real world where I can be taken seriously.

Anyhow - I truely hope your JG dream can do the same. You really deserve a break after typing so much every day - only have to reach about 2700-2800 psf to achieve my modest level ignorant success in last few years

Regulators
18-07-13, 13:41
Talk to a land valuer whether land value in jurong will ever be higher than Grange Rd or Nassim Rd applying your perceived value principle. We are all interested to hear how the 'perceived value' in jurong will be higher than Grange rd :doh:

we are actually buying on perceived value, the location don't change. But what if the perceived value of tomorrow change?? Anyway, I doubt u understand but basically ppl like LKS would be the best person to talk about this topic. So, so, buy based on tomorrow's value, and don't dwell on yesterday's value as u know which one would have got better potential. Maybe I shouldn't tell u so much....but I just want to share with the rest my point of view.

Ringo33
18-07-13, 13:44
Terribly sorry I don't spend every waking minute on this board for you. I have a life unfortunately - hope you didn't get separation anxiety whilst I was gone.

Anyhow I'm sorry to see you seem to think that there is some discussion we are having here.
I was just pointing out to other forumers that whatever falls out of your mouth is not to be taken seriously.

I can't make you say such stupid things. I can only point out to others that you think everything said by anyone in online virtual world cannot be taken seriously.

I have already tried to educate you - you just simply don't have the ability to understand concepts or read around the subject - looks like you need me to spoon feed you. Hence I came to the conclusion that there is little point continuing with you.

Anyone who has invested in property before understands basic concepts. Here is another one.
3 rules of property

1) location
2) location
3) location

Maybe you don't understand this one either and have to go off on some wild tangent trying to prove to others you are right. It's OK - we now all know your opinions are not to be taken seriously because all online opinions are not to be taken seriously (your own standards - not mine)

The reason I have no longer engaged with you on this thread is that I have decided to take my own advice - which you have unimaginatively copied but again seem to fail to understand the subtleties of ...http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=67988&postcount=10

"never argue with an idiot...... they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" - (EBD 2009)

I suppose I should be flattered...

ps my old place in Jurong up 60% since I move out. Nice capital appreciation don't you think? Still holding. New place also up - a bit less but still up. All this with my confused thinking! Lucky for me in the real world where I can be taken seriously.

Anyhow - I truely hope your JG dream can do the same. You really deserve a break after typing so much every day - only have to reach about 2700-2800 psf to achieve my modest level ignorant success in last few years

Very typical.

1) The part I highlighted in RED, is simply a poor attempt to tell yourself you are smart and you dont need to reply my questsion about best street and worst street. Based on what? your seniority?

2) The part I highlight in Yellow is simply a poor attempt to introduce LOCATION x 3 to divert attention away from Best and Worst Street. Is Location x 3 only limited to Prime District?

3) The part I highlighted in BLUE, is a lousy exit strategy because you are unable to explain or apply your Best Street and Worst Street theory into action

4) As for those in BLACK, its your poor attempt to build credibility using success story and assumptions. Remember what I said earlier? Dont waste time making assumptions about what others own. And who cares about what you made in the past really.

Lovelle
18-07-13, 13:46
heard this JLD is gonna house many stat boards and ministries.
Where is the demand for tenant if all these local org is gonna use the office ?

They mainly hire local produce..:eek:

Ringo33
18-07-13, 13:49
heard this JLD is gonna house many stat boards and ministries.

They mainly hire local produce..:eek:

you might want to rephrase your sentence because I catch no ball.

EBD
18-07-13, 13:56

Regulators - simple concept of FH <1Kpsf in D9 (2009) vs 1.7kpsf LH99 in Jurong (2013) - doesn't understand.

I just wish I had held back my purchase so I could buy into the JG dream in 2013. Actually as many other seasoned forumer has pointed out - through a dart anywhere in Singapore 2009 , sure make money.
I just like living in that area. Apart from a brief stint in 2008-2010 in Jurong, always stayed that area since mid 90's. Very convenient so prepared to pay price premium over staying in the middle of nowhere - you only live once, don't want to spend it in a traffic jam or train.

If I were to buy Jurong now - which I'm not against. I would go buying older condo's in the area where there is a huge delta between the price and what the muppets are buying with years of JLD story prebaked in on sale.

The only thing now though is that the market looks like it's getting frothy and some of us don't need ministers to keep reminding that low interest rates aren't going to stay forever. Time to stash bullets for the next round.

Regulators
18-07-13, 13:56
Are u thick? What lovelle posted was so plain n simple :doh:
you might want to rephrase your sentence because I catch no ball.

Ringo33
18-07-13, 13:58
Are u thick? What lovelle posted was so plain n simple :doh:
tell us what does this sentence means to you?

They mainly hire local prod

greglhc
18-07-13, 14:07
This thread gives a lot of insight into affordability as a big factor in property investment in recent years.

With interest rates already at an all time low, the only other way to sustain such capital appreciation and price increase would then be increase in household income.

I can't see that happening that fast and that is my reservation on the possibility of JG hitting 2k psf by the time it TOP.

Having said that, I am vested in CCR (and it's not MK88 lol) so if JG does hit 2k psf, CCR will surely benefit.

Simi
18-07-13, 14:11

This was not what you said back in 2009 so why now become "dirt cheap prices" ? :doh:

Regulators
18-07-13, 14:15
Dirt cheap relative to j gateway ...duh

This was not what you said back in 2009 so why now become "dirt cheap prices" ? :doh:

lajia
18-07-13, 14:20
did anybody say the land value of jurong will be higher than grange rd?? I really don't know about this, sorry. Land valuer will only talk about the current value, out of topic...
anyway, u don't seems to understand its ok, not going into that further...
quote=Regulators]Talk to a land valuer whether land value in jurong will ever be higher than Grange Rd or Nassim Rd applying your perceived value principle. We are all interested to hear how the 'perceived value' in jurong will be higher than Grange rd :doh:[/quote]

Simi
18-07-13, 14:25
Dirt cheap relative to j gateway ...duh

Ok la,

Hopefully in 2016

not to see you posting J Gateway is "Dirt cheap prices" :ashamed1:
It will be embarrassing, isn't it ?

Regulators
18-07-13, 14:47
$1700psf for J gateway will be cheap if cheapest unit at the sail selling at least $5000psf in 2016 n cheapest one bedder in prime district is $4000psf.
Ok la,

Hopefully in 2016

not to see you posting J Gateway is "Dirt cheap prices" :ashamed1:
It will be embarrassing, isn't it ?

Simi
18-07-13, 14:55
$1700psf for J gateway will be cheap if cheapest unit at the sail selling at least $5000psf in 2016 n cheapest one bedder in prime district is $4000psf.

Ok la

lu kong simi tio simi la

after all you are the "senior" here in this forum

Cheers :cheers1:

EBD
18-07-13, 15:16
dude - whatever you say!

All the below are your interpretations of my answers - not the reality of them.
You can keep telling yourself over & over you are correct in your colour coded expert psychological analysis - but just remember, your analysis cannot be taken seriously online - your ownself say!

Best Street Worst House - I explain this many time - but you catch no ball. You are not capable of catching the ball. You cannot even see the ball. I am not here to make you rich and do your homework for you - but if you think I'm making this shit up & that its not used by people & it's somehow unheard of - here you go. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=worst+house+best+street page after page after page of the stuff....

I don't need to tell myself I'm smart - my bank balance does if for me. Given that I wasn't born with the proverbial silver spoon in my mouth I do use it as some measure of success. Not the only one in life for sure, kids and family are far more important - but you'd have mother theresa not to use it as part of your over all self assessment.
Anyhow to be honest - I don't care if you think I'm as dumb as a bag of rocks. It may help you get through the day better. If so you're welcome! :)

However you remind me of those business school professor who know so much about business but never run one. I know you want to dismiss past performance as irrelevant because it then gives you as much credibility as anyone else.
I may also like to tell myself I can understand football better than an EPL player even though I have no experience. Experience and past performance are clearly not important - seriously?

I'm sure everyone reading this thread is 100% behind your thoughts that experience is worthless. Give yourself a pat on the back. Seriously.

Anyhow have to go for the day now - may call in later when I've some time, don't wait up ya? ;)

Catch you on the flip-flop

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

Very typical.

1) The part I highlighted in RED, is simply a poor attempt to tell yourself you are smart and you dont need to reply my questsion about best street and worst street. Based on what? your seniority?

2) The part I highlight in Yellow is simply a poor attempt to introduce LOCATION x 3 to divert attention away from Best and Worst Street. Is Location x 3 only limited to Prime District?

3) The part I highlighted in BLUE, is a lousy exit strategy because you are unable to explain or apply your Best Street and Worst Street theory into action

4) As for those in BLACK, its your poor attempt to build credibility using success story and assumptions. Remember what I said earlier? Dont waste time making assumptions about what others own. And who cares about what you made in the past really.

Ringo33
18-07-13, 15:39
dude - whatever you say!

All the below are your interpretations of my answers - not the reality of them.
You can keep telling yourself over & over you are correct in your colour coded expert psychological analysis - but just remember, your analysis cannot be taken seriously online - your ownself say!

Best Street Worst House - I explain this many time - but you catch no ball. You are not capable of catching the ball. You cannot even see the ball. I am not here to make you rich and do your homework for you - but if you think I'm making this shit up & that its not used by people & it's somehow unheard of - here you go. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=worst+house+best+street page after page after page of the stuff....

I don't need to tell myself I'm smart - my bank balance does if for me. Given that I wasn't born with the proverbial silver spoon in my mouth I do use it as some measure of success. Not the only one in life for sure, kids and family are far more important - but you'd have mother theresa not to use it as part of your over all self assessment.
Anyhow to be honest - I don't care if you think I'm as dumb as a bag of rocks. It may help you get through the day better. If so you're welcome! :)

However you remind me of those business school professor who know so much about business but never run one. I know you want to dismiss past performance as irrelevant because it then gives you as much credibility as anyone else.
I may also like to tell myself I can understand football better than an EPL player even though I have no experience. Experience and past performance are clearly not important - seriously?

I'm sure everyone reading this thread is 100% behind your thoughts that experience is worthless. Give yourself a pat on the back. Seriously.

Anyhow have to go for the day now - may call in later when I've some time, don't wait up ya? ;)

Catch you on the flip-flop

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

1) Did you say that in Property 101 worst house on the best street is better than the best house on the worst street.

2) Did you say that RV is an example of Best Street?

If the above answer is yes, then

a) Comparing Waterford Residence (RV - AKA Best Street) to The Caspian (Jurong),

Could you explain why capital appreciation and rental yield doesnt reflect your so-called "property 101" theory. From an investment point of view, how do you argue that putting your money in Waterford Residence is better?

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4839/i8ou.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6638/fctr.jpg

Ringo33
18-07-13, 15:45
While you are at it, please take a good look at these photos which were taken in the 60s and 70s.

does the below longkang, shipyard, bare lands looks like best or worst street to you?

sunrise
18-07-13, 15:57
While you are at it, please take a good look at these photos which were taken in the 60s and 70s.

does the below longkang, shipyard, bare lands looks like best or worst street to you?

wah, you never failed to defend your JLD. 24hrs on alert.
btw are you getting comission by the numbers of post you wrote?
seems like this is your full time job. :D

lot286
18-07-13, 16:06
Actually i learn a lot of things from Ringo.

Always like talking to someone who backs up with facts, figures, charts and not just rhetoric.

Not guaranteed to agree with everything he says but guaranteed to learn new things..dont u agree?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Simi
18-07-13, 16:10

Always like talking to someone who backs up with facts, figures, charts and not just rhetoric.

Not guaranteed to agree with everything he says but guaranteed to learn new things..dont u agree?

Hi lot286
I agree

better than many "Senior" members here :D

Keep up the Good Work Buddy

Rysk
18-07-13, 16:35
Hi lot286
I agree

better than many "Senior" members here :D

Keep up the Good Work Buddy

I oso agree..

I mean I need to learn some "TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION" tactics from him..

Even CANNOT MAKE IT also die die won't admit.. just act blur & play roti prata :D

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=415917#post415917

New launches might not be affected for NOW, but the tsunami will come in 3 years time when the full loans kicks in. Perhaps that will be the best time to pick up real firesale? in 2016?

teddybear
18-07-13, 16:53
If J Gateway can hit $2000 psf, everybody if want to sell their CCR property better price at much more $2000 psf (otherwise must be an idiot to sell cheaper than Jurong)! :p

This thread gives a lot of insight into affordability as a big factor in property investment in recent years.

With interest rates already at an all time low, the only other way to sustain such capital appreciation and price increase would then be increase in household income.

I can't see that happening that fast and that is my reservation on the possibility of JG hitting 2k psf by the time it TOP.

Having said that, I am vested in CCR (and it's not MK88 lol) so if JG does hit 2k psf, CCR will surely benefit.

Simi
18-07-13, 17:01
I oso agree..

I mean I need to learn some "TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION" tactics from him..

Even CANNOT MAKE IT also die die won't admit.. just act blur & play roti prata :D

You do not need to agree with everything he posts
That was his view and opinion and that market talk about interest rate hike and recession coming in 2014 and so on

But then again you have to appreciate it when it is due for his great effort in getting the facts and sharing it here

From his sharing on JLD and J Gateway and on some reading on my part
I have more confident now than before

My last properties purchased was on July 2007
So, am also saving "bullets" for "that right time"

Don't ask me when becos I also don't know :doh:
only "feel" that now is not the time yet to pull the trigger

Regulators
18-07-13, 17:11
When titanic was built, nobody would hv expected such a great ship to sink, u r trusting the captain of the wrong ship. Your idol is using Caspian chart (a property sold during the Asian financial crisis) to justify the future performance of j gateway n in the face of an impending interest rate increase. If u think that is savvy, I don't know what to say.. :doh:

lot286
18-07-13, 17:32
When titanic was built, nobody would hv expected such a great ship to sink, u r trusting the captain of the wrong ship. Your idol is using Caspian chart (a property sold during the Asian financial crisis) to justify the future performance of j gateway n in the face of an impending interest rate increase. If u think that is savvy, I don't know what to say.. :doh:

I don't trust anyone. I have my own macro calls, my own views and i trust only myself. I am lucky to have participated in the global finance and property industry since i was young, so I only come here to collect information and participate in heated debates so as to come to conclusions myself when is the right time and what is right and wrong, etc.

Perhaps if you are not so hard on yourself on winning a popularity contest vs Ringo, you could have a longer shelf life.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ringo33
18-07-13, 17:36
I oso agree..

there is actually a purpose for my signature, so please learn to read it.

DKSG
18-07-13, 17:46
:Dagree about buying those seems under valued...:o , given a choice, rather go for lakeshore. Or somewhere outer than that because they will announce about the jurong regional line. The idea is, buy before they announce...more upside potential. no need to snatch will others and chase up the price.

My point is ... there is no point TCSS here ... we are all here to make our lives better, make more money, help those in need and make Singapore a better place for everyone!

So when there is an obvious lobang like this, we should all share.

Our point is ... buy anything that is less than $1,700 (as benchmarked by this Jurong PC) from Clementi to River Valley !

DKSG

yowetan
18-07-13, 17:51
My point is ... there is no point TCSS here ... we are all here to make our lives better, make more money, help those in need and make Singapore a better place for everyone!

Our point is ... buy anything that is less than $1,700 (as benchmarked by this Jurong PC) from Clementi to River Valley !

DKSG

I agree. I have already bought Mt Sinai.

Secretariat
18-07-13, 17:59
Another interesting thread created by Ringo, after the storm in Landed.

I thought that he put up some very good arguments or defense of his views regarding the prospect of J Gateway, that somehow would force a reader to think out of the box slightly. As I wrote, there is never a consensus on prices, so I wouldn't bother with them. Moreover, the project was sold out within one day, so the market has spoken.

Whether the market is right or wrong for J Gateway, whether J Gateway represents the market top or if it becomes a price benchmark for the others, we need the time to tell.

Meanwhile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Enjoy!

Simi
18-07-13, 18:13

Congratulations

you have finally made your dreams come true

chestnut
18-07-13, 18:54
of course not all wealthy. there would always be an exception. however the vast majority think like this. do you agree?
or you think only the minority of the wealthy feel like this?

Personally, I do not think the vast majority think like this.... It is an opinion and based on my "limited mixing" with this group. Again, how to define wealthy? Net worth - 3m, 5m, 7m, > how many m? I can only comment if I know the definition of wealthy and based on my interaction w this group.

Autumnwinds
18-07-13, 19:02

Wow! Please do share which development? :p

lajia
18-07-13, 19:24
I misread your point sorry....we all here to tcss, isn't it?? :D

And I'm talking about west side condo in comparison and not about Clementi or RV...:)

DKSG

DKSG
18-07-13, 19:30
I misread your point sorry....we all here to tcss, isn't it?? :D

And I'm talking about west side condo in comparison and not about Clementi or RV...:)

West side condo in comparison with what ?

You see, yowetan has made his decision that a FH $1,770 psf Mt Sinai PC is more worth buying than $1,700 psf Jurong PC!

That is what I meant by comparison.

In the weeks to come, we will see more and more of this tsunami of price convergence into the central area.

Like what my Mentor says, people are starting to sell OCR and move into RCR CCR. Because price gap is too small now.

DKSG

lajia
18-07-13, 19:39
In comparison with Jgateway la...aren't we talking about it or we talking about CCR or RCR now?

As I said, I'm not vested in Jgateway and if u ask me if 1700psf a good buy, haha, I don't know. But I will not criticize those buyers as well. Time will tell just like when ppl criticize those who initially bought centro at Jurong point....same thing la. Don't be too sure about it. As I said, we are all talking about perceived value. What is important is, what is the perceived value tomorrow. I cannot tell also.

You can say about gap closing up and more go to buy CCR and so on, that I totally disagree, but you can carry on with that...:)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against buying CCR...

West side condo in comparison with what ?

You see, yowetan has made his decision that a FH $1,770 psf Mt Sinai PC is more worth buying than $1,700 psf Jurong PC!

That is what I meant by comparison.

In the weeks to come, we will see more and more of this tsunami of price convergence into the central area.

Like what my Mentor says, people are starting to sell OCR and move into RCR CCR. Because price gap is too small now.

DKSG

Allthepies
18-07-13, 20:16
Dirt cheap relative to j gateway ...duhi
This is as good as saying I know the last week toto winning number! Useless piece of info.

Regulators
18-07-13, 20:31
What a dumb comment, I was replying to someone, not providing info, u can't even differentiate. Trolling in the forum must be ur favourite pastime:doh:

i
This is as good as saying I know the last week toto winning number! Useless piece of info.

DC33_2008
18-07-13, 21:46
A one bedder in MBR costing $2.1m is fetching only $4500 rental now. Not sure about this place when TOP?:confused:
Another interesting thread created by Ringo, after the storm in Landed.

I thought that he put up some very good arguments or defense of his views regarding the prospect of J Gateway, that somehow would force a reader to think out of the box slightly. As I wrote, there is never a consensus on prices, so I wouldn't bother with them. Moreover, the project was sold out within one day, so the market has spoken.

Whether the market is right or wrong for J Gateway, whether J Gateway represents the market top or if it becomes a price benchmark for the others, we need the time to tell.

Meanwhile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Enjoy!

Secretariat
19-07-13, 09:37
A one bedder in MBR costing $2.1m is fetching only $4500 rental now. Not sure about this place when TOP?:confused:

Historically, as a bull market progressed toward its ending, the market would turn irrational. And the state of irrationality could last far longer than most people thought it would. And so, we have the phenomenom called greed, where people who were rational normally could turn irrational, the crowd effect. And also buyer capitulation, where people would sit out the bull market earlier, threw all cautions and joined the buying.

If the hurdle rate for a property investment is the rental yield rate, then I would suspect that most buyers of J Gateway have ignored this. It is questionable if there would be a substantial tenant pool for the area, considering the profile of the commercial enterprises or government agencies JLD is attempting to attract or relocate. It is, afterall, not going to be a Canary Wharf in London.

The MRT is at the doorstep, so it is hardly more convenient for someone who would work there to rent a place there. It is more useful for someone to travel to other parts of the island, to work, for example, simply because Jurong is located in one end of the island.

We are now at the 4th year of the bull market; by 2016 when it TOPs, that would be the 7th year of the bull market, assuming that it is still a bull market then. It is always possible, but one would have to measure and assign a probability to this scenario. To me, this probability is not 100%.

Just my 2-cents thought.

Cheers!

lot286
19-07-13, 09:41
Historically, as a bull market progressed toward its ending, the market would turn irrational. And the state of irrationality could last far longer than most people thought it would. And so, we have the phenomenom called greed, where people who were rational normally could turn irrational, the crowd effect. And also buyer capitulation, where people would sit out the bull market earlier, threw all cautions and joined the buying.

If the hurdle rate for a property investment is the rental yield rate, then I would suspect that most buyers of J Gateway have ignored this. It is questionable if there would be a substantial tenant pool for the area, considering the profile of the commercial enterprises or government agencies JLD is attempting to attract or relocate. It is, afterall, not going to be a Canary Wharf in London.

The MRT is at the doorstep, so it is hardly more convenient for someone who would work there to rent a place there. It is more useful for someone to travel to other parts of the island, to work, for example, simply because Jurong is located in one end of the island.

We are now at the 4th year of the bull market; by 2016 when it TOPs, that would be the 7th year of the bull market, assuming that it is still a bull market then. It is always possible, but one would have to measure and assign a probability to this scenario. To me, this probability is not 100%.

Just my 2-cents thought.

Cheers!

Just to be sure, are you saying prices @ J Gateway has reached "irrational" levels?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DKSG
19-07-13, 09:47
Just to be sure, are you saying prices @ J Gateway has reached "irrational" levels?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oops ... I hope you are not one of those who cannot differential irrational and rational ...

Haha!

Just look into the mirror and ask yourself - $1,750 psf for a 99LH studio in Jurong ... Try and smile and see if you look real ?

Then look into the mirror again and ask yourself - $1,750 psf for a FH Studio in D11, Trizon ... and see if you look real ?

DKSG

eng81157
19-07-13, 09:59
Oops ... I hope you are not one of those who cannot differential irrational and rational ...

Haha!

Just look into the mirror and ask yourself - $1,750 psf for a 99LH studio in Jurong ... Try and smile and see if you look real ?

Then look into the mirror again and ask yourself - $1,750 psf for a FH Studio in D11, Trizon ... and see if you look real ?

DKSG

just to add on, look in the mirror, smile and slap yourself to see if everything is real

Ringo33
19-07-13, 10:04

Haha!

DKSG

Belle Vue only $1550psf, FH, Near future MRT, walking distant to Orchard Road, located on Best Street of Singapore, neighbor to LKY.

Trizon very far leh. So near Clementi, nearest station Dover MRT.

So if Orchard apartment is priced at $1550 psf, then fair value for Trizon should be $1100psf?

lot286
19-07-13, 10:14
Belle Vue only $1550psf, FH, Near future MRT, walking distant to Orchard Road, located on Best Street of Singapore, neighbor to LKY.

So if Orchard apartment is priced at $1550 psf, then fair value for Trizon should be $1100psf?

Thats right. And why are some 99 yr Medini ( Iskandar) Condos > KL central FH condos?

DKSG
19-07-13, 11:47

If Belle Vue studio is $1550 and Jurong studio is $1,700, I think not only the person looking into the mirror should slap themselve to see if it is real, they better ask their whole family to ham tam them until their faint.

Ask EVERYONE in this forum - if Belle Vue studio is at $1550, will you still pay $1,700 for Jurong studio ?

DKSG

Ringo33
19-07-13, 11:56
If Belle Vue studio is $1550 and Jurong studio is $1,700, I think not only the person looking into the mirror should slap themselve to see if it is real, they better ask their whole family to ham tam them until their faint.

Ask EVERYONE in this forum - if Belle Vue studio is at $1550, will you still pay $1,700 for Jurong studio ?

DKSG
In your arguement or justification, size was never a considering, so lets keep it consistent and dont introduce the word Belle Vue STUDIO into our discussion.

According to you, the further the property is location from city, the property should worth lesser, so for Trizon how can you say its a good or value buy when its located so far from Orchard (Dover MRT), and Orchard road apartment (brand new like Trizon - apple to apple) is selling at $1550psf.

You dont sound very consistent if your argument leh.

Ringo33
19-07-13, 12:12
DKSG, this is what you wrote, dont say I put words in your mouth

For Jurong to be $1,700, Clementi has to be $1,900, Bouna Vista will then be $2,100, Queenstown $2,300 and Redhill about $2,600 (that you are correct), Lower Delta will then be $$2,800 and Kim Seng Road FH will then be $3,400, River Valley FH will then hit $$3,800 and UP 99LH will be $3,500, Scotts Tower will then be $4,500.

Once you see these prices along the way, then YES! Jurong will be worth $1,700.DKSG

So if Orchard apartment is currently selling at $1550psf, then how you justify Trizon as good value at $1770psf?

dont you think it should be $0psf base on your projection to work backward?

something not right leh. Can enlighten us?

Regulators
19-07-13, 12:29
MCL is smart enough to get people like u on the hook coz u can only afford a dog box. If they sell u a 700sqft one bedder at j gateway at $1700psf, can u afford ? They keep it at 17xxpsf but shrink the size down to 474sqft which gv u the impression that it is a gd buy based on quantum so u bite. Belle vue is out of ur league coz even if u hv two lifetimes on earth u will still not be able to afford so no point for u to even bring it up. :D

So if Orchard apartment is currently selling at $1550psf, then how you justify Trizon as good value at $1770psf?

Ringo33
19-07-13, 13:05
MCL is smart enough to get people like u on the hook coz u can only afford a dog box. If they sell u a 700sqft one bedder at j gateway at $1700psf, can u afford ? They keep it at 17xxpsf but shrink the size down to 474sqft which gv u the impression that it is a gd buy based on quantum so u bite. Belle vue is out of ur league coz even if u hv two lifetimes on earth u will still not be able to afford so no point for u to even bring it up. :D

I tol you countless time I live in HDB liao, why must be so mean to tell me I cannot afford Belle Vue for 2 lifetimes.

Do you always go around looking for beggar and disable so that you can flash some 100 bills on their face and then walk away.

you are really a sad case, no wonder you need to vote for yourself.

patricia
19-07-13, 13:23
Skewed?

Lets see,

1) You are cherry picking the high transacted price of a MICKEY MOUSE unit that is less than 500psf at J Gateway to use that as a basis to say JG is over priced

2) You then cherry pick the lowest price of a 11 year old The Sail project at $2000psf and use that as a basis to support your argument that J Gateway is overpriced, without mentioning that

a) The highest price for 1 bedder at the sail was around $3400psf and in April a unit was sold at $2900psf. 900psf or 45% higher than $2000psf.

b) You didnt mention that The Sail has got no MM apartment that is smaller than 500sqft as the average size of 1 bedder at the sail is around 644sqft or 30% bigger than the equivalent 1 bedder at the Sale.

c) The average quantum of The Sail is 1.4m vs say 800K at J Gatewat. 75% more expensive

3) Now you are pulling out Ascentia Sky as comparison when we all know that the smallest size for this recent TOP project is around 947sqft or double the size of 1 bedder at J Gateway.

4) While talking about Ascentia Sky, you conveniently ignore to mention about the $2400psf price at Echelon which is right next to Ascentia Sky?

Honestly if your intention is to try to talk down western property, you have done a terrible job and unknowingly unveiling your short sightedness and your tendency of sugar coating and manipulation data.

I am so glad that you are giving me this opportunity to expose this Office Crook who is going around telling lies.
Yes. You hit him right on the spot. He is a crook disguised as Office boy.

Regulators
19-07-13, 13:23
Then why u mock belle vue being $15xxpsf in your posts? If u live in hdb flat, u should learn to be humble.

I tol you countless time I live in HDB liao, why must be so mean to tell me I cannot afford Belle Vue for 2 lifetimes.

Do you always go around looking for beggar and disable so that you can flash some 100 bills on their face and then walk away.

you are really a sad case, no wonder you need to vote for yourself.

Ringo33
19-07-13, 13:31
Then why u mock belle vue being $15xxpsf in your posts? If u live in hdb flat, u should learn to be humble.

I think very soon, I will have to start asking you to read my signature.

Secretariat
19-07-13, 13:36
In reality, every poster is correct in his/her view regarding the pricing and prospect of J Gateway.

If I try to explain what I meant, the simpliest example would be by using the US stock market. In every bull phase there, you would find a distinctive story (or theme) behind the bull run. In the 1980s prior to the 1987 crash, the story was junk bond, or the use of it in the M&A frenzy. In the 1997s prior to the dotcom crash, the story was the rise of Internet, online stores etc. After the dotcom crash, the story was housing boom leading to more junks like MBSs/CDOs, rating agencies that went sleeping etc, culminating in the falls of Bear Stearn, Lehman Brothers. And now, we have been seeing one of the greatest bond market rallies due to QEs, the yield-seeking frenzy etc.

So, in each of these bull markets, while all the ships in the sea of bulls rised together, unless you got onto the right kind of ship, the rate of return would be different from one to another.

For example, surely the rate of return of an investor boarding the dotcom ship was vastly higher than another investor who boarded, say, the consumer-goods ship, during the dotcom rally.

And so it would be the same for the current property bull market in Singapore. The story started with the savvy buying up the HDBs for the rental yield, and in doing so inflated the prices of HDBs, the quantum game that popularized the MMs etc. The developers caught the quantum game early and played along.

This is where the money has been flowing to, bypassing the prime developments in relative term. So, for investment it is never about prices but the direction of prices. And the rate of price growth is closely related to the intensity of where the money is flowing to.

Just my 2-cents thought.

Cheers!

DKSG
19-07-13, 13:41
In your arguement or justification, size was never a considering, so lets keep it consistent and dont introduce the word Belle Vue STUDIO into our discussion.

According to you, the further the property is location from city, the property should worth lesser, so for Trizon how can you say its a good or value buy when its located so far from Orchard (Dover MRT), and Orchard road apartment (brand new like Trizon - apple to apple) is selling at $1550psf.

You dont sound very consistent if your argument leh.

Eeerrmmm ... you are the first person who brought up $1550 Belle Vue. So dont criticise others for continuing your example.

Property investment is about cherry picking. When you got the money to buy a property (say $2million budget), you get to cherry pick the best unit.

So comparing The Sail with Jurong is not inconsistent. These are real choices people make!

Anyway, my statement is : With $1700 psf budget (whatever size, say 500 sqft), you get to chooise between buying this or that.

Not sure I can make myself clear or not, but if you are familiar with the buying process, you wont argue about the cherry picking part.

We are not here to value properties, we are here to check out what is the next best buy so as to achieve prosperity and progress for ourselves!

DKSG

DKSG
19-07-13, 13:55

Put it this way, if we got the $6 mil budget, we will choose to buy a unit at Belle Vue for $1550 then 6 units of Jurong studio.

Got it ?

Anyway, as we speak, CCR prices is inching up minute by minute.

OCR prices will see a spike in June/July due to the Jurong condo. After that we can observe to see if it still continues going up.

DKSG

Ringo33
19-07-13, 14:06
Eeerrmmm ... you are the first person who brought up $1550 Belle Vue. So dont criticise others for continuing your example.

Property investment is about cherry picking. When you got the money to buy a property (say $2million budget), you get to cherry pick the best unit.

So comparing The Sail with Jurong is not inconsistent. These are real choices people make!

Anyway, my statement is : With $1700 psf budget (whatever size, say 500 sqft), you get to chooise between buying this or that.

Not sure I can make myself clear or not, but if you are familiar with the buying process, you wont argue about the cherry picking part.

We are not here to value properties, we are here to check out what is the next best buy so as to achieve prosperity and progress for ourselves!

DKSG

you got it all wrong. Quoting Belle Vue is all about trying to follow your chain of thought, like the way your choose to compare J Gateway to Trizon or The Sail etc

So if you say Trizon located near Clementi is a good buy at $1770psf then wont Belle Vue at $1550psf be a even better buy because based one your psf/distant projection Belle Vue would be worth like $3500psf

Ringo33
19-07-13, 14:12
Put it this way, if we got the $6 mil budget, we will choose to buy a unit at Belle Vue for $1550 then 6 units of Jurong studio.

Got it ?

Anyway, as we speak, CCR prices is inching up minute by minute.

OCR prices will see a spike in June/July due to the Jurong condo. After that we can observe to see if it still continues going up.

DKSG

When you were comparing J gateway 474sqft apartment to Trizon or the Sail, you mention nothing about unit SIZE.

And now that I brought up Belle Vue, you suddenly got interested about unit size and quantum.

I know there might be some idiots in this forum, but that doesnt mean should treat everyone as idiots

princess_morbucks
19-07-13, 14:16

DKSG

I agree with office boy on this one.
I will choose Belle Vue without the slightest doubt in this case.
No matter how I love Jurong and see its potential, I have to be rational.

Ringo33
19-07-13, 14:32
I agree with office boy on this one.
I will choose Belle Vue without the slightest doubt in this case.
No matter how I love Jurong and see its potential, I have to be rational.

Dont let office crook confuse you, there is no such thing as a Belle Vue Residence S-T-U-D-I-O.

he just made that up to make J Gateway sound more expensive.

Ringo33
19-07-13, 14:37
New record price for Worst Street 3 bedder.

2013-07-08 Resale 1,066sqft, 1,314psf

DKSG
19-07-13, 14:45
Dont let office crook confuse you, there is no such thing as a Belle Vue Residence S-T-U-D-I-O.

If you have the budget of $6 mil, would you choose to buy a unit of Belle Vue at $1550 psf OR 6 units of Jurong studio ?

That is the question!

Give Office Boy sometime, I will find a size comparable FH studio unit for you to consider. Now need to deliver some documents for my Boss.

DKSG

princess_morbucks
19-07-13, 14:46

Yup, I know lah.
Belle Vue all big big ones.
Office Boy is just trying to make a point that it is likely mass hysteria that cause the price in J Gateway to be high and yet be oversubscribed.

Ringo33
19-07-13, 15:00
If you have the budget of $6 mil, would you choose to buy a unit of Belle Vue at $1550 psf OR 6 units of Jurong studio ?

That is the question!

Give Office Boy sometime, I will find a size comparable FH studio unit for you to consider. Now need to deliver some documents for my Boss.

DKSG

Thats a very cheap attempt to divert this discussion into a nonsensical hypothetical question.

what I am asking you is.

if you say Trizon which is located near Clementi is a good buy at $1770psf then wont Belle Vue at $1550psf be a even better buy? How can you explain why you said its a good buy? You mean you didnt consider Belle Vue?

And based one your psf/distant projection why is Belle Vue not worth like $3500psf?

Regulators
19-07-13, 15:04
Look at this $8xxpsf five bedroom freehold at Siglap 33 cluster housing:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/13440122/for-sale-siglap-hill-33

This 3700+sqft unit is about 8 times the size of Ringo33's 474sqft one bedder in jurong n only 3 over times the price of a j gateway one bedder. As for location, I think everyone know whether Siglap is more posh or jurong. :D

Ringo33
19-07-13, 15:11
Yup, I know lah.
Belle Vue all big big ones.
Office Boy is just trying to make a point that it is likely mass hysteria that cause the price in J Gateway to be high and yet be oversubscribed.

Office crook is indirectly trying to use quantum to hint that Belle Vue are large unit so cannot compare to Trizon 1000+sqft, but he dare not say that because he has been quietly using large units with larger quantum from Trizon and the Sail to compare with J Gateway 474sqft apartment.

heehee
19-07-13, 16:57
Wow! The Centris $1314 psf is much cheaper than J Gateway $1700 psf!
So either The Centris is under-valued at $1314 psf or J Gateway is way over-valued at $1700 psf?
So which is true? Regardless of which ever is true, seems like J Gateway upside limited.

New record price for Worst Street 3 bedder.

2013-07-08 Resale 1,066sqft, 1,314psf

Ringo33
19-07-13, 17:05
So either The Centris is under-valued at $1314 psf or J Gateway is way over-valued at $1700 psf?
So which is true? Regardless of which ever is true, seems like J Gateway upside limited.

$1314psf is for 3 bedder, $1800psf is for 1 bedder less than half the size.

upside or downside, we will see in 3 years time.

In the mean time just watch on the side line and see how the west properties chiong in the coming years.

DC33_2008
19-07-13, 17:39
I can never convince myself to buy another investment property since my last purchase of a 999LH property in D1 for less than $1300psf three years ago in Singapore that is having rental yield of 5%.

Haha!

DKSG

DaytonaSS
19-07-13, 17:55
its same situation like you bought a property and FEO decided to bid a land parcel beside your property and WA LAH! HUAT LIAO!

add one more line. As long as got pple pay record price , your paper profit just went up liao. Although one never realise profit it, see also shiok. But $$$$ in hand is worth 2 in the bushes.

lajia
19-07-13, 19:22
If u back date 6 yrs back and if u have this mentality, u would not have bought this D1 property at all...this is the thing...don't look back, forward looking. :p

I can never convince myself to buy another investment property since my last purchase of a 999LH property in D1 for less than $1300psf three years ago in Singapore that is having rental yield of 5%.

Ringo33
19-07-13, 20:49
In reality, every poster is correct in his/her view regarding the pricing and prospect of J Gateway.

If I try to explain what I meant, the simpliest example would be by using the US stock market. In every bull phase there, you would find a distinctive story (or theme) behind the bull run. In the 1980s prior to the 1987 crash, the story was junk bond, or the use of it in the M&A frenzy. In the 1997s prior to the dotcom crash, the story was the rise of Internet, online stores etc. After the dotcom crash, the story was housing boom leading to more junks like MBSs/CDOs, rating agencies that went sleeping etc, culminating in the falls of Bear Stearn, Lehman Brothers. And now, we have been seeing one of the greatest bond market rallies due to QEs, the yield-seeking frenzy etc.

So, in each of these bull markets, while all the ships in the sea of bulls rised together, unless you got onto the right kind of ship, the rate of return would be different from one to another.

For example, surely the rate of return of an investor boarding the dotcom ship was vastly higher than another investor who boarded, say, the consumer-goods ship, during the dotcom rally.

And so it would be the same for the current property bull market in Singapore. The story started with the savvy buying up the HDBs for the rental yield, and in doing so inflated the prices of HDBs, the quantum game that popularized the MMs etc. The developers caught the quantum game early and played along.

This is where the money has been flowing to, bypassing the prime developments in relative term. So, for investment it is never about prices but the direction of prices. And the rate of price growth is closely related to the intensity of where the money is flowing to.

Just my 2-cents thought.

Cheers!

good insights and I actually think that CCR property in general might be heading for a lost decade of margin or flat growth due to the CMs.

So long as there are no strong middle class and overseas participation in the CCR market, it will be very difficult for it to chiong because there are just too few buyers and too many supply in the pipe line.

And while CCR owners are waiting for the tide to come back, OCR township around Singapore are actually going through major transformation and this will eventually make CCR less exclusive or special, hence explain why the price gap of OCR and CCR is narrowing.

For CCR, there will sure be some high profile and successful trophy project, but for the older ones, they will have to be contented with stagnant growth, while watching OCR catch up.

Thats the hard truth and who ever say that buying the worst house on the best street is better is totally out of touch with reality.

teddybear
19-07-13, 21:00
Is the logic like that? :doh:
Then MarQ@Paterson 3000 sqft sold at about $6000 psf, 1200 sqft Paterson Edge sold at $2500 psf, seller of PE must be damn stupid because should sell at >$12,000 psf because his unit is less than half the size of MarQ! :rolleyes:

$1314psf is for 3 bedder, $1800psf is for 1 bedder less than half the size.

upside or downside, we will see in 3 years time.

In the mean time just watch on the side line and see how the west properties chiong in the coming years.

DC33_2008
19-07-13, 21:05
Not six but five years back bought a city fringe for less than $1000psf that has given me rental yield of 6.5% now and capital gain of almost double. Good thing that I have bought before all the CMs. :)
If u back date 6 yrs back and if u have this mentality, u would not have bought this D1 property at all...this is the thing...don't look back, forward looking. :p

DC33_2008
19-07-13, 21:09
I thought CCR is beyond the reach of middle class in terms of quantum. Developers are just capitalising on this group of buyers by blinding them with goodies to cover high prices.
good insights and I actually think that CCR property in general might be heading for a lost decade of margin or flat growth due to the CMs.

So long as there are no strong middle class and overseas participation in the CCR market, it will be very difficult for it to chiong because there are just too few buyers and too many supply in the pipe line.

And while CCR owners are waiting for the tide to come back, OCR township around Singapore are actually going through major transformation and this will eventually make CCR less exclusive or special, hence explain why the price gap of OCR and CCR is narrowing.

For CCR, there will sure be some high profile and successful trophy project, but for the older ones, they will have to be contented with stagnant growth, while watching OCR catch up.

Thats the hard truth and who ever say that buying the worst house on the best street is better is totally out of touch with reality.

lajia
19-07-13, 21:37
your timing is right... must learn from u...:)
Not six but five years back bought a city fringe for less than $1000psf that has given me rental yield of 6.5% now and capital gain of almost double. Good thing that I have bought before all the CMs. :)

DKSG
19-07-13, 23:51
What people dont understand is that the $1,700 Jurong condo is the result of the chiong in prices.

What is going to chiong now are the other PCs in Jurong priced at $1,100 and below, which I advise people to start looking at them ... This is because if you buy at $1,100-$1,200, you get quite immediate gains of $200-300 psf!

And once all these chiong-ing is over, Jurong PCs will be priced averagely at abt $1,600+- ...

Then the rest of the regions will take this as benchmark price for faraway places.

So, please dont misunderstand me, I believe Jurong prices will move up quickly. But it is from the current $1,100 +- to $1,600+- ...

CCR prices will move up in the very near future, according to my mentor.

DKSG

DKSG
19-07-13, 23:58
Freehold Quinn at Bartley area selling from $1,500 psf!

So, if a studio at Quinn (near MRT) sells for $1,700 compared to 99H Jurong (even nearer faraway MRT) studio at $1,700, which one will you all choose ?

I am open to listening why you all make that choice, everyone except R33 are welcome.

DKSG

Trigger
19-07-13, 23:59
What people dont understand is that the $1,700 Jurong condo is the result of the chiong in prices.
DKSG

Just wondering, so for a project like J-gateway, what would have been the right price for a 1-bedder?

lajia
20-07-13, 01:00
i don't think he has answer for you...if The Trilinq is selling at ave of 1500-1600psf, then how should MCL price it?

according to our office boy, The Trilinq which is located in Clementi, should be higher than Jurong. Can you imagine Jgateway price at 1500psf and below? Sold out within 1 hr??
Look at The Trilinq now, has it been sold out yet?

do you have your answer now? :)

did CCR price increase just because Jurong selling at 1700psf?? Let see the next few months....i dont know. we shall see the next MCL project and whether it affect CCR pricing.
my personal opinion is, not likely it is link in such a way. let's hope...:o

CCR price stagnant due to other reasons....nothing to do with jurong. maybe in a longer term....:2cents:

Just wondering, so for a project like J-gateway, what would have been the right price for a 1-bedder?

DKSG
20-07-13, 02:18

From a valuation perspective, about $1,450 max.

But of course there will be more than 700++ people who disagree.

The question you should be asking yourself if you are investing is : Should you choose to buy this or some other places ? If other places, where ?

DKSG

wirehtc
20-07-13, 07:55
i don't think he has answer for you...if The Trilinq is selling at ave of 1500-1600psf, then how should MCL price it?

according to our office boy, The Trilinq which is located in Clementi, should be higher than Jurong. Can you imagine Jgateway price at 1500psf and below? Sold out within 1 hr??
Look at The Trilinq now, has it been sold out yet?

do you have your answer now? :)

did CCR price increase just because Jurong selling at 1700psf?? Let see the next few months....i dont know. we shall see the next MCL project and whether it affect CCR pricing.
my personal opinion is, not likely it is link in such a way. let's hope...:o

CCR price stagnant due to other reasons....nothing to do with jurong. maybe in a longer term....:2cents:

Jurong East is worthed much more than Clementi in terms of growth potential.

Clementi has almost no more land for expansion and is predominantly a tertiary institution town. Jurong East is a transport hub and will become a big commercial and possibly a financial hub.

This is the reason for the pricing and demand. Office Boy got his sums wrong this time.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 08:13
I thought CCR is beyond the reach of middle class in terms of quantum. Developers are just capitalising on this group of buyers by blinding them with goodies to cover high prices.

That is not true, CCR has always been within reach for upper middle class living in mass market condo or HDB prior to the drastic cooling measures on mortgage LTV and the 7 to 10% ABSD. Hence these group of marginalized buyers are simply diverting their money into smaller quantum CCR or OCR properties.

As long as these massive group of potential buyers are not participating in buying large quantum CCR it will be hard for CCR property to chiong because there are just not enough buyers in the market to fight for supply in the market.

As for OCR buyers being blinded?

a) I think one will need to look at the situation through the lens of younger buyers or buyers who are being marginalized by the CMs to understand that logic behind buying.

b) Dont assume kids using parents support to buy property are dumb because behind these kids, there is a capable parents

c) In this age of internet world, information is available everywhere, so lets not assume that OCR buyers does know of to search for information using propertyguru or URA website

d) To some, they might prefer to buy the worst and cheapest house within the CCR to brag about their achievement or satisfy their intrinsic needs but for some, they might prefer to buy the best and most prestige house in their kampong to satisfy their own ego.

There are no right or wrong, but for sure if you own the worst house in CCR, you are most likely have to sell the same house to budget conscious buyers. But if you own the best house in the kampong that has 1m population, I am sure when TOP, there will be many buyers fighting for supply. The same logic where 1400 cheque were fighting for 738 units.

lajia
20-07-13, 08:15
Valuation prospective based on what? Your judgement of transaction history in the surrounding? This is no brainer but, u should never join the developer...:p This thing will TOP in 3-4 yrs time and by then, the surrounding offices and malls are already up and running which are going to create a lot of jobs. Even if recession comes, will the rental be affected more in JGateway as where it is situated in JLD or will it affect more for Echelon where ave is about 2300psf I think? Where are all the job creation u can see in the next 3-5 yrs? Will u stay in redhill if u work in Jurong? Even if there are jobs created in marina area, will I stay near there or choose redhill? Redhill is always a very centralize location which is why the valuation is higher than Jurong, that's no brainer...but, if u are investor, where will u put your money? Continue to put your money in centralize location to be safer or put it in Jurong where job creation is guaranteed in next 5-10 yrs? Where is govt developing? Tanglin, orchard? Or, JLD, woodland, etc? If Echelon can increase from 2300psf to 2500psf for eg, then I am also quite sure that Jgateway can grow from 1700psf to 1900psf. Why, because at least there is a story in JLD...and which one has smaller quantum which is easier to be eaten? Isn't this part of your consideration if u are investing? :)

As I said I'm not vested, but this is how I look at it just to share. For those very much vested in CCR will use history to defend your investment but I'm not against CCR investment as I said, but I would put my money else where...:2cents:

Just my opinion, not be be personal on this. There is this paradigm shift and we have to be open to it in order for us to accept new things and learn. If not, we will always be living in history until we see it with our eyes and see the fact. But by then, it would be too late.

The question you should be asking yourself if you are investing is : Should you choose to buy this or some other places ? If other places, where ?

DKSG

Ringo33
20-07-13, 08:24

a property price will continue to move whenever that is a supply demand
imbalance. In this case, there were 1400 cheque fighting for 738units, hence it was sold out within a day.

When J Gateway TOP in 3 to 4 years time, the entire JLD will look VERY VERY different from today. And J Gateway being the only project located within Jurong Gateway; the commercial center of the 1million strong western region and 3000 MNCs, for sure resale units will just fly of the shelf due to the lack of supply.

For people living outside the western region, they might argue that CCR or else where are cheaper, but for the 1m people living in the West, Jurong Gateway is their CCR.

At the end of the day, in property is about perceive value and not the weight of the concrete that build your house isnt it?

wirehtc
20-07-13, 08:27
a property price will continue to move whenever that is a supply demand
imbalance. In this case, there were 1400 cheque fighting for 738units, hence it was sold out within a day.

When J Gateway TOP in 3 to 4 years time, the entire JLD will look VERY VERY different from today. And J Gateway being the only project located within Jurong Gateway; the commercial center of the 1million strong western region and 3000 MNCs, for sure resale units will just fly of the shelf due to the lack of supply.

For people living outside the western region, they might argue that CCR or else where are cheaper, but for the 1m people living in the West, Jurong Gateway is their CCR.

At the end of the day, in property is about perceive value and not the weight of the concrete that build your house isnt it?

I see Ringo postings everywhere. Don't you have to work to pay for your J Gateway?

Ringo33
20-07-13, 08:49
I see Ringo postings everywhere. Don't you have to work to pay for your J Gateway?

I see you register in Jul 2013, and you are starting to ask very irrelevant and personal question. Don't you have better things to talk about?

wirehtc
20-07-13, 08:58
I see you register in Jul 2013, and you are starting to ask very irrelevant and personal question. Don't you have better things to talk about?

Maybe more JLD.

Trigger
20-07-13, 09:05

DKSG

On URA, the median price is $1,486 psf, so only about 300+ will disagree. But then again i was referring to 1-bedder, who will most likely fall on the higher side of the median.

So from your point of view for $1,450psf, which 1-bedder will you choose to buy?

hopeful
20-07-13, 09:07
i dont know why we are fighting over individual projects.
wouldn't it make sense to fight over timing instead?
as many forummers have remarked, if you have bought in 2009, close eye make money. doesnt matter if bought in CCR,RCR or OCR.
a rising tide lift all boats and vice versa.

perhaps in 2009, when the timing is right, then it would make sense for the debate between OCR, CCR to see which ones would make the most gains % wise.

perhap now when prices seems to be peakish, it would make sense for the debate to see which regions would drop the most.

DC33_2008
20-07-13, 09:08
So what kind of rental return will be at Jgateway since you mention there will be 1million people in JLD.? As an investor I will be looking at retail shops instead of residential. Return will be at 4-6 % besides capital gain.
That is not true, CCR has always been within reach for upper middle class living in mass market condo or HDB prior to the drastic cooling measures on mortgage LTV and the 7 to 10% ABSD. Hence these group of marginalized buyers are simply diverting their money into smaller quantum CCR or OCR properties.

As long as these massive group of potential buyers are not participating in buying large quantum CCR it will be hard for CCR property to chiong because there are just not enough buyers in the market to fight for supply in the market.

As for OCR buyers being blinded?

a) I think one will need to look at the situation through the lens of younger buyers or buyers who are being marginalized by the CMs to understand that logic behind buying.

b) Dont assume kids using parents support to buy property are dumb because behind these kids, there is a capable parents

c) In this age of internet world, information is available everywhere, so lets not assume that OCR buyers does know of to search for information using propertyguru or URA website

d) To some, they might prefer to buy the worst and cheapest house within the CCR to brag about their achievement or satisfy their intrinsic needs but for some, they might prefer to buy the best and most prestige house in their kampong to satisfy their own ego.

There are no right or wrong, but for sure if you own the worst house in CCR, you are most likely have to sell the same house to budget conscious buyers. But if you own the best house in the kampong that has 1m population, I am sure when TOP, there will be many buyers fighting for supply. The same logic where 1400 cheque were fighting for 738 units.

DC33_2008
20-07-13, 09:11
Friend, all has gone up but some has gone up more in capital appreciation and also able to sustain good rental yield.
as many forummers have remarked, if you have bought in 2009, close eye make money. doesnt matter if bought in CCR,RCR or OCR.

perhaps in 2009, when the timing is right, then it would make sense for the debate between OCR, CCR to see which ones would make the most gains % wise.

perhap now when prices seems to be peakish, it would make sense for the debate to see which regions would drop the most.

Secretariat
20-07-13, 09:19
Lol, simi taichi?

I am slightly amused by all the debates; while both camps offered valid arguments in related to the pricing & prospect of J Gateway, I suspect that the debaters are mostly vested in properties.

So? Bulls debating with bulls.

- If you are vested in J gateway, there is no need to justify the prices you paid. Since J Gateway registered a record pricing for a Jurong condo, whether or not there would be buyer offering an even higher price for your unit in future, it is left to the market force.

- If you are vested in other properties, J Gateway's record pricing is good news for you anyway, whether you agree with the pricing or not, because it simply set a benchmark or sort. J Gateway is sold out, any talk down has zero effect because it wouldn't disuade others from buying it, at least for now.

There is a reason why buyers prefer new launches from resale, no matter at which district. This has been explored before.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=15328&page=14

Cheers!

chestnut
20-07-13, 10:16

Brudder, the last unit I Bot was in sept 2012. Paid cm 3% ii think.... Paid for 3 bedder under a mil 40% down payment. Why?? I sold my gardens and pocketed 400k inclusive rental. Cash outed and dump the money into the new condo... So downpayment was so called FOC.... And the rental will cover mortgage and still get surplus. On top of that, I still get back my deposit from gardens. Hahahaha...

I downgrade on the uptrend leh.... I upgrade on the downtrend leh....

I did the same thing on Botannia to waterview... Now waterview up > 300k on paper... But it really doesn't matter, I cashed out leh.... From time I sold Botannia to now, price increase is 250k. But water view up 300 k. Hahahaha

But I now off property Liao...:cheers4: :cheers4:

Oh, btw... My definition of downgrade is buy cheaper property...

Example... Sell Botannia @ 1.3 mil and buy waterview @ 1 mil.

Botannia today worth 1.55m... Waterview worth 1.3 m.

Hahaha:cheers4: :cheers4:

heehee
20-07-13, 10:30
More complicated than you said.
Things to consider:
1. Will property prices still go up?
2. If 1 is yes, which (area, project) will go up more?
3. If 1 is no, which will go down more?

So, put this to JGateway vs Sail discussion, JGateway price of $1700 psf is like 80% more than nearby resale condos, what upside do you think it has?
Next compare Sails of $2000 psf, nearby selling $3500 psf or more, so what upside it has?

Buying Sail is what we call buy worst house in best street because the Surrounding street selling for $3500 psf or more!
But there are even better buys in D9 I am eyeing, sorry cannot tell because don't want more competition! :p

Ringo33
20-07-13, 11:02
More complicated than you said.
Things to consider:
1. Will property prices still go up?
2. If 1 is yes, which (area, project) will go up more?
3. If 1 is no, which will go down more?

So, put this to JGateway vs Sail discussion, JGateway price of $1700 psf is like 80% more than nearby resale condos, what upside do you think it has?
Next compare Sails of $2000 psf, nearby selling $3500 psf or more, so what upside it has?

Buying Sail is what we call buy worst house in best street because the Surrounding street selling for $3500 psf or more!
But there are even better buys in D9 I am eyeing, sorry cannot tell because don't want more competition! :p

Don't get corrupted.

1) scarce price of the sail is not 2000psf and j gateway is not 1700
2) average size if the sail is 644 while j gateway is 500
3) average quantum of the sails us 1.4m while j gateway is 800k
4) the sail is 11 years old and j gateway is new launch

Xan
20-07-13, 11:48
Don't get corrupted.

Self denial again:
1) pt 1, rubbish statement. More than a few 1 bedder in the sail are transacting at ard 2kpsf in past 6 mths.not just one and only unique case. U keep saying worst unit in best street, pls tell me out of the 4 units transact at 2kpsf, which one is the worst? All worst facing units in the sail worst than your mm in J?
2) pt 2 and pt 3, both are 1 bedder and not that the sail is too grossly big until its twice the size of mm in J and cannot use to compare. Anyway, I hv given u espada as comparison (below 1 mil quantum) but u choose selective reading. Period.
4) this is buyer's market, comparing resale and new sale u got any problem with that? Buyers can choose anything that's worthwhile.

teddybear
20-07-13, 13:01
Could you kindly advise on the valid issues raised that:

1) Sail is selling at much lower price than its surrounding properties transacting at >=$3500 psf (at a discount of 29-43%)

2) J Gateway is selling at a premium to its surrounding properties transacting at $9xx - 12xx psf (or a premium of 42-73%).

Which of the 2 you honestly believe has better upside potential? :rolleyes:

Don't get corrupted.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 13:02
Self denial again:
1) pt 1, rubbish statement. More than a few 1 bedder in the sail are transacting at ard 2kpsf in past 6 mths.not just one and only unique case. U keep saying worst unit in best street, pls tell me out of the 4 units transact at 2kpsf, which one is the worst? All worst facing units in the sail worst than your mm in J?
2) pt 2 and pt 3, both are 1 bedder and not that the sail is too grossly big until its twice the size of mm in J and cannot use to compare. Anyway, I hv given u espada as comparison (below 1 mil quantum) but u choose selective reading. Period.
4) this is buyer's market, comparing resale and new sale u got any problem with that? Buyers can choose anything that's worthwhile.

Xan,

a) May I suggest that you go to URA website, compile all the 1 bedder transaction over the last 12 months, take the average before spouting the word rubbish, because the result might actually come back to show that you are nothing but an empty vessel hiding in the bush and making plenty of noise.

b) Please dont not make silly assumption that you cant back up by FACTS because size and quantum does matter in todays property market.

If you wish to argue, please support yourself with FACTS and because no one is interested in what you THINK???

c) Again, go to point (a) and then tell me if it is true that average quantum for the sail is around 1.4m, or about 75% more expensive than J Gateway 1 bedder

d) You are absolutely right that buyer can choose anything that is worth while but AS LONG AS they have MONEY to choose what they want. Again, if you wish to dispute that quantum is not a factor in todays market, then back up with facts instead.

Ball over to you sir!!

FACTS PLEASE

Ringo33
20-07-13, 13:20

1) Sail is selling at much lower price than its surrounding properties transacting at >=$3500 psf (at a discount of 29-43%)

2) J Gateway is selling at a premium to its surrounding properties transacting at $9xx - 12xx psf (or a premium of 42-73%).

1,The Sail is 11 years old and was developed as a $800-1000psf apartment, not a $3000sqft luxury apartment like neighbouring apartment. When comparing, make sure you comparing apple to apple because Bay view units at the Sail are worth much more than non bay view unit, so naturally that some might choose so use non bay view units to compare with J Gateway.

Actually I find it very funny why someone like you who always KPKB about quality interior fitting will ask such newbie question.

Old man got Alzheimer??

2) Was J Gateway selling at the sort of premium or did you made that upu by comparing 474sqft NEW LAUNCH to 1000+sqft old apartment?

Xan
20-07-13, 13:33
Xan,

a) May I suggest that you go to URA website, compile all the 1 bedder transaction over the last 12 months, take the average before spouting the word rubbish, because the result might actually come back to show that you are nothing but an empty vessel hiding in the bush and making plenty of noise.

b) Please dont not make silly assumption that you cant back up by FACTS because size and quantum does matter in todays property market.

If you wish to argue, please support yourself with FACTS and because no one is interested in what you THINK???

c) Again, go to point (a) and then tell me if it is true that average quantum for the sail is around 1.4m, or about 75% more expensive than J Gateway 1 bedder

d) You are absolutely right that buyer can choose anything that is worth while but AS LONG AS they have MONEY to choose what they want. Again, if you wish to dispute that quantum is not a factor in todays market, then back up with facts instead.

Ball over to you sir!!

FACTS PLEASE

As usual, very disappointed, still no direct answer from you.

1) why twist and turn and create so many smoke screens by looking at past 12mths transaction? Stay focus, look at the most recent 6 mths, 4 out of 5 1 bedder sails transact at near 2kpsf. U still have not tell me what u mean by worst facing in best district? Did u ever go in streetsine and indicate to all readers here what are the 1 bedder facing before u comment these units hv the worst facing? Even, they are the worst units, can they be worse than your jurong mrt track and hospital facing?
2) since u like to talk quantum so much, u seems to hv forgotten I use espada as a below 1 mil comparison? Not a single word was mentioned from your previous post.
3) no need to waste time throwing ball over to whichever sides, I just realize I wasted so much time with an empty vessel, cos so far, you make the loudest noise.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 13:48
As usual, very disappointed, still no direct answer from you.

1) why twist and turn and create so many smoke screens by looking at past 12mths transaction? Stay focus, look at the most recent 6 mths, 4 out of 5 1 bedder sails transact at near 2kpsf. U still have not tell me what u mean by worst facing in best district? Did u ever go in streetsine and indicate to all readers here what are the 1 bedder facing before u comment these units hv the worst facing? Do you think the sail facing can be worst than your jurong mrt track and hospital facing?
2) since u like to talk quantum so much, u seems to hv forgotten I use espada as a below 1 mil comparison? Not a single word was mentioned from your previous post.
3) no need to waste time throwing ball over to whichever sides, I just realize I wasted so much time with an empty vessel, cos so far, you make the loudest noise.

Why are you so predictable..

1) In your reply to point 1 you already admitted you are unable to use 12 month average to prove your points because you are cherry picking transaction data to distort the truth picture about the price of the sail.

URA data is there for everyone to see, so you can just save your effort in trying to defend yourself.

2) The only reason why I missed your espada post is because I dont think your post is worth reading. So now that you have my attention, what about in Espada that you want me to comment? Its 377sqft size or its $2600psf?

3) There is no need to repeat what I say. If you have facts to support your argument, then put it across.

Xan
20-07-13, 13:48

Trust me, he cannot answer you, except giving u new and old projects that kinda crap answers.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 13:53
Trust me, he cannot answer you, except giving u new and old projects that kinda crap answers.

I have already reply that post 30mins before you post this one.

are you born with some kind of unique facts vision deficiency that is hindering you from noticing facts around you.

Btw, do you know what is the meaning of FACTS?

Xan
20-07-13, 13:58

1) In your reply to point 1 you already admitted you are unable to use 12 month average to prove your points because you are cherry picking transaction data to distort the truth picture about the price of the sail.

URA data is there for everyone to see, so you can just save your effort in trying to defend yourself.

2) The only reason why I missed your espada post is because I dont think your post is worth reading. So now that you have my attention, what about in Espada that you want me to comment? Its 377sqft size or its $2600psf?

3) There is no need to repeat what I say. If you have facts to support your argument, then put it across.

1) 12 months? Then I can question u, why not last 18 mths or 24 mths. Don't waste my time la joker. 12mths your own yardstick? Rubbish attempt.
2)at this moment, u want talk quantum then at another moment, u want talk about psf. Better get your consistency right la. Don't keep changing stand and act like a loser. Espada is to convince you that it's a FH CCR and u can still get below a 1 mil quantum. Loser!

The facts are presented right smack at your face but if one choose to evade, no point carry on the conversation.
Basically, u r just trying very hard here. Personally I feel the thread is lame and your attempt to fool new forumer here is futile.
No need to play smoke screen or twist and turn in front of so many old birds here. Every time I see your hopeless attempt, I cheo ka peng.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 14:09
1) 12 months? Then I can question u, why not last 18 mths or 24 mths. Don't waste my time la joker. 12mths your own yardstick? Rubbish attempt.
2)at this moment, u want talk quantum then at another moment, u want talk about psf. Better get your consistency right la. Don't keep changing stand and act like a loser.

The facts are presented right smack at your face but if one choose to evade, no point carry on the conversation.
Basically, u r just trying very hard here. Personally I feel the thread is lame and your attempt to fool new forumer here is futile.
No need to play smoke screen or twist and turn in front of so many old birds here. Every time I see your hopeless attempt, I cheo ka peng.

Xan,

Its pretty obvious that you didnt complete your higher education, or else you will know that sampling size is important to achieve a more accurate measurement instead of a snap shot of 6 month MINUS those "unfavorable" transaction like the $2900psf transaction in April 2013.

I am sorry, are you not aware that quantum is a function of psf and size.
You mean you can actually find it meaningful to just talk about quantum without knowing the psf or size?

I am indeed trying very hard to entertain your nonsense actually.

Allthepies
20-07-13, 14:13
Brudder, the last unit I Bot was in sept 2012. Paid cm 3% ii think.... Paid for 3 bedder under a mil 40% down payment. Why?? I sold my gardens and pocketed 400k inclusive rental. Cash outed and dump the money into the new condo... So downpayment was so called FOC.... And the rental will cover mortgage and still get surplus. On top of that, I still get back my deposit from gardens. Hahahaha...

I downgrade on the uptrend leh.... I upgrade on the downtrend leh....

I did the same thing on Botannia to waterview... Now waterview up > 300k on paper... But it really doesn't matter, I cashed out leh.... From time I sold Botannia to now, price increase is 250k. But water view up 300 k. Hahahaha

But I now off property Liao...:cheers4: :cheers4:

Oh, btw... My definition of downgrade is buy cheaper property...

Example... Sell Botannia @ 1.3 mil and buy waterview @ 1 mil.

Botannia today worth 1.55m... Waterview worth 1.3 m.

Hahaha:cheers4: :cheers4:

Good investment strategy :D:D
Really good info for the newbies to learn...

for me i exited property too and focusing on shorter term liquid instruments such as stocks...

Xan
20-07-13, 14:23
Xan,

Its pretty obvious that you didnt complete your higher education, or else you will know that sampling size is important to achieve a more accurate measurement instead of a snap shot of 6 month MINUS those "unfavorable" transaction like the $2900psf transaction in April 2013.

I am sorry, are you not aware that quantum is a function of psf and size.
You mean you can actually find it meaningful to just talk about quantum without knowing the psf or size?

I am indeed trying very hard to entertain your nonsense actually.

R33
If someone like u knows the meaning of psf and quantum, he wld not be contending with so many people here trying to justify 1.7kpsf for jurong is a good buy when surrounding projects are transacting at 9xx to 1.2kpsf.
A person like you who need to defend your fort 24/7 is indeed pathetic.
Only a person who has doubt in his investment and is gonna to shit his pant will create such thread. (Opps, btw, no one is still sure whether u bought anything or not)
Enough said, I believe each one of us here have a more meaningful life than u. Wld rather spend my Saturday shopping than bickering with an idiot here. Ciao
:D

Ringo33
20-07-13, 14:28
R33
If someone like u knows the meaning of psf and quantum, he wld not be contending with so many people here trying to justify 1.7kpsf for jurong is a good buy when surrounding projects are transacting at 1.2kpsf.
A person like you who need to defend your fort 24/7 is indeed pathetic.
Only a person who has doubt in his investment and is gonna to shit his pant will create such thread. (Opps, btw, no one is still sure whether u bought anything or not)
Enough said, I believe each one of us here have a more meaningful life than u. Wld rather spend my Saturday shopping than bickering with an idiot here. Ciao
:D

I am glad we have come to the end of our discussion.

Conclusion?? Quantum matters and please dont waste time trying to dispute that.

Xan
20-07-13, 14:33

Conclusion?? Quantum matters

Hatred and personal attack aside.
I actually believe in JLD story, but I believe at this price tag, not much meat left in cap appreciation.
There are really better options outside if looking at cap gain.
Not my intent to come here bicker.
Ciao.

Simi
20-07-13, 14:39
Hatred and personal attack aside.
I actually believe in JLD story, but I believe at this price tag, not much meat left in cap appreciation.
There are really better options outside if looking at cap gain.
Not my intent to come here bicker.
Ciao.

Hi Xan

just believe WILL DO

that will be the 1st step

On whether how much it will appreciate in the near future

Let Mr Market do the Talking
No one is BIGGER than Mr Market

not even Warren Buffet
Cheers :cheers4:

Ringo33
20-07-13, 14:41
There are some FACTS about J Gateway

Median Price 1,486psf (https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIWeb/price/submitPriceDetails.action?hdl_no=C1048)
Lowest 1,239psf
Highest 1,774

Regulators
20-07-13, 14:44
Even if the sail has fifty years left on the lease, it should still be worth more than a piece of land with 99years on the lease in jurong for the simple reason that land in marina is many times more valuable than jurong. So the sail at current age is considered relatively new.
1,The Sail is 11 years old and was developed as a $800-1000psf apartment, not a $3000sqft luxury apartment like neighbouring apartment. When comparing, make sure you comparing apple to apple because Bay view units at the Sail are worth much more than non bay view unit, so naturally that some might choose so use non bay view units to compare with J Gateway.

Actually I find it very funny why someone like you who always KPKB about quality interior fitting will ask such newbie question.

Old man got Alzheimer??

2) Was J Gateway selling at the sort of premium or did you made that upu by comparing 474sqft NEW LAUNCH to 1000+sqft old apartment?

Ringo33
20-07-13, 14:49
Even if the sail has fifty years left on the lease, it should still be worth more than a piece of land with 99years on the lease in jurong for the simple reason that land in marina is many times more valuable than jurong. So the sail at current age is consudered very relatively new.

Yes, we all know that. thanks for highlighting.

DC33_2008
20-07-13, 15:15
Brudder, chestnut exited a fraction of his property portfolio. Did you exit totally?
Good investment strategy :D:D
Really good info for the newbies to learn...

for me i exited property too and focusing on shorter term liquid instruments such as stocks...

DKSG
20-07-13, 15:37
Brudder, chestnut exited a fraction of his property portfolio. Did you exit totally?

Many here exited a portion of our property portfolio lo!

Thats why here to caution others who plonk $1,700 into Jurong.

But exit doesnt mean market is going to come down. It means the 1% increase per quarter is not attractive to some people.

DKSG

Ringo33
20-07-13, 15:43

But exit doesnt mean market is going to come down. It means the 1% increase per quarter is not attractive to some people.

DKSG

I know its tempting to brag about how many properties you own, but that those mean that you have to make fun or joke about those who are taking their first step into property investment.

Again, why do you need to bother about what people are paying for their $1700psf J Gateway. Perhaps the buyer could be a season property investors who see opportunity in JLD.

So, have you view the unit at the sail?

DC33_2008
20-07-13, 15:44
Sky habitat prices look cheaper now. Like in the ST advert: has sky view but with down to earth price. :D

DKSG

DKSG
20-07-13, 15:52
Sky habitat prices look cheaper now. Like in the ST advert: has sky view but with down to earth price. :D

I hate to repeat this statement again and again ...

$1,700 Jurong vs $1,800 Bishan ... isnt the choice very obvious ?

DKSG

lajia
20-07-13, 16:40
I respect your experience and the attitude to share but not recently...since u ask such obvious question, let me also put up some obvious questions...

Why JGateway sold out and not Sky Hibitat? Very obvious right?
If market slow down, and if there is no CM curbing flipping, taking only this Jgateway and Sky Hibitat as eg only, if the price of both drop 100psf and being throw into the market, say now Jgateway 1600psf and Sky 1700psf. Which one will be snatched immediately? Is this obvious?

25 yrs ago, I think u will choose Hougang than Bishan...but what happen now?? U would of course say bishan righht?? So, do more forward looking and not stay stagnant, my opinion. I can't tell u what happen 20 yrs later but what I can say is, there is current a very strong push in Jurong. Not Clementi, not bishan...

:2cents:

DKSG

Regulators
20-07-13, 16:51
Yah lor, push until gordon max selling at natural diamond price :doh:
I respect your experience and the attitude to share but not recently...since u ask such obvious question, let me also put up some obvious questions...

Why JGateway sold out and not Sky Hibitat? Very obvious right?
If market slow down, and if there is no CM curbing flipping, taking only this Jgateway and Sky Hibitat as eg only, if the price of both drop 100psf and being throw into the market, say now Jgateway 1600psf and Sky 1700psf. Which one will be snatched immediately? Is this obvious?

25 yrs ago, I think u will choose Hougang than Bishan...but what happen now?? U would of course say bishan righht?? So, do more forward looking and not stay stagnant, my opinion. I can't tell u what happen 20 yrs later but what I can say is, there is current a very strong push in Jurong. Not Clementi, not bishan...

:2cents:

Xan
20-07-13, 16:53
TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold474,600 420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold 474,600420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
Hmm, if die die want to buy J mm Units for its rental,
Wouldn't it make more sense to buy 2 units of geylang (example treasure at 20) FH mm at the price of near 950k in total.
Assuming J mm at 800k, all U need to do is to top up another 150k and U get 2 units of FH mm at geylang. Double rental income somemore. Good cap gain as well.
Of cos U can dispute by saying its geylang. But since we are talking about quantum and psf and rental.

lajia
20-07-13, 17:14
Actually just do it....don't think anyone would stop u...:)

TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold474,600 420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold 474,600420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
Hmm, if die die want to buy J mm Units for its rental,
Wouldn't it make more sense to buy 2 units of geylang (example treasure at 20) FH mm at the price of near 950k in total.
Assuming J mm at 800k, all U need to do is to top up another 150k and U get 2 units of FH mm at geylang. Double rental income somemore. Good cap gain as well.
Of cos U can dispute by saying its geylang. But since we are talking about quantum and psf and rental.

Xan
20-07-13, 17:18
Actually just do it....don't think anyone would stop u...:)

You don't need to be so sensitive and defensive since u already said u not vested in J.
Relax bro. :D this is a forum for discussion.
I'm just showing your guarding angel R33 there may be other feasible options other than die die must stick to J at 1.7kpsf.
He wants facts and I'm showing him some now.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 17:19

DKSG

Since you have been in this forum since 2009, I would expect that you should still be here using your DKSG account in about 3 to 4 years time.

So why not we play a little game here.

You name a project in Bishan and I will use J Gateway and we will revisit this thread again in in 3 to 4 years time when J Gateway TOP, see which project will have a higher capital gain?

How?

Ringo33
20-07-13, 17:25
DKSG, I remember that you completely agree with EBD about the best street worst street property 101.

May I know why did you think so highly of Bishan especially when it was a cemetery no very long ago. Does it look like Best Street to you? Perhaps Stairway to Hell?

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/78/1519/1024/grave.jpg

Trigger
20-07-13, 17:42
On URA, the median price is $1,486 psf, so only about 300+ will disagree. But then again i was referring to 1-bedder, who will most likely fall on the higher side of the median.

So from your point of view for $1,450psf, which 1-bedder will you choose to buy?

DKSG, still wondering from your point of view for $1,450psf, which 1-bedder will you choose to buy?

lajia
20-07-13, 17:58
No no...apologies if I sound offensive. :o what I meant was, everyone have their reasons and preferences...chill....:)

You don't need to be so sensitive and defensive since u already said u not vested in J.
Relax bro. :D this is a forum for discussion.
I'm just showing your guarding angel R33 there may be other feasible options other than die die must stick to J at 1.7kpsf.
He wants facts and I'm showing him some now.

teddybear
20-07-13, 18:04
If only quantum matters, then MarQ@Paterson which only has 3000 sqft and 6000 sqft units should be selling at $1000 psf and not about $6000 psf and those buyers at about $6000 psf are stupid?

Oh no no! But think it the another way, somebody who can afford to buy a $36 MILLIONS property you think they are stupid? We can conclude any time that they must be much more cleverer than you! :p

Conclusion?? Quantum matters and please dont waste time trying to dispute that.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 18:07
If only quantum matters, then MarQ@Paterson which only has 3000 sqft and 6000 sqft units should be selling at $1000 psf and not about $6000 psf and those buyers at about $6000 psf are stupid?

Oh no no! But think it the another way, somebody who can afford to buy a $36 MILLIONS property you think they are stupid? We can conclude any time that they must be much more cleverer than you! :p

old man, did I say that ONLY quantum matters or did you conveniently put that in to make you sound smart?

Then again, who is so stupid to use MarQ to compare with mass market condo?

better go take medicine lah.

And btw, did you get your answer you want about the SAIL?

Ringo33
20-07-13, 18:10
Again for the record

J Gateway

Median Price : $1486psf
Lowest Price : $1239psf
Highest Price : $1774psf

unit size from 474sqft to 2024sqft.

teddybear
20-07-13, 18:17
Won't you the one comparing your mass market J Gateway to The Sail which is in the prime region like MarQ? So in your own words, it is so stupid to compare J Gateway to the Sail right? How can J Gateway be compared to prime location properties?
Now if both same price, obviously buy prime location properties?
Now if prime property is 2x of the mass market property, still obvious that it is stupid to buy that mass market property right?

Then why you are arguing about J Gateway more worthwhile buying at $1700 psf vs The Sail at $2000 psf? So you are arguing that J Gateway median should be about $1500 psf and The Sail is say $2500 psf? Ok ok, then it is still obvious that to the smart ones that The Sail is still worth buying at $3000 psf vs your J Gateway of $1500 psf! :p

old man, did I say that ONLY quantum matters or did you conveniently put that in to make you sound smart?

Then again, who is so stupid to use MarQ to compare with mass market condo?

better go take medicine lah.

And btw, did you get your answer you want about the SAIL?

Originally Posted by teddybear

Jonathan0503
20-07-13, 18:20

Espada is CCR, FH and in D9 near to Orchard. And since the unit mentioned is 377sf, smaller the the JG unit of 4xxsf, I think the psf value should be more than double that of JG. So if JG is $1600psf, espada should have a value of more than $3200psf.

Just my personal opinion.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 18:29
Won't you the one comparing your mass market J Gateway to The Sail which is in the prime region like MarQ? So in your own words, it is so stupid to compare J Gateway to the Sail right? How can J Gateway be compared to prime location properties?
Now if both same price, obviously buy prime location properties?
Now if prime property is 2x of the mass market property, still obvious that it is stupid to buy that mass market property right?

Then why you are arguing about J Gateway more worthwhile buying at $1700 psf vs The Sail at $2000 psf? So you are arguing that J Gateway median should be about $1500 psf and The Sail is say $2500 psf? Ok ok, then it is still obvious that to the smart ones that The Sail is still worth buying at $3000 psf vs your J Gateway of $1500 psf! :p

Originally Posted by teddybear

Yes, it is stupid to compare The Sail to J Gateway and thanks for reminding whoever who brought up The Sail to compare.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 18:32
Espada is CCR, FH and in D9 near to Orchard. And since the unit mentioned is 377sf, smaller the the JG unit of 4xxsf, I think the psf value should be more than double that of JG. So if JG is $1600psf, espada should have a value of more than $3200psf.

Just my personal opinion.

Dont need to go all the way to Jurong to compare Espada. Teddybear already tell you the MarQ, $5000psf 3000sqft min, so Espada is 1/9 the size should worth $5000psf x ??? psf.

Better grab.

Ringo33
20-07-13, 19:27
So what kind of rental return will be at Jgateway since you mention there will be 1million people in JLD.? As an investor I will be looking at retail shops instead of residential. Return will be at 4-6 % besides capital gain.

4-6% is not exactly that fantastic actually. but anyway, what type of retail shop would you recommend? As I understand Retail shop, you need to pay GST right? Do you also need to pay the standard 3% stamp duty?

Allthepies
20-07-13, 19:35
Ha ha I only have one investment property, so I have exited totally...

狮子王
20-07-13, 19:40
Allow your humble uncle to tell you guys about my very personal opinion.

Those buyers that paid high millions ( more than S$6million ) for condos like Hamillton Scotts are a totally different class of human beings. This class are mostly very well known socialites or famous personality like celebrity and hence the reason why they chose to stay in such condos and not landed. The security in such condos are not like the security you experienced at your typical condos. They are very tight and hence why the buyers paid such a very high premium for it. Usually when they sell their unit, they sold it through their own networks at parties or functions. The price is usually of the least concern to them.

Now, once we got that into perspective, it is time we all get back down to Earth and look at a normal typical human condo buyer. In this class, however, the price and hence quantum do and does matter very much to them. That is the reason why developers downsized their units in order to get the quantum to match this group of buyers amid the rising condo prices. And hence it also explains when the typical larger units will have lower psf within the same old resale project and recently ( as recent as last 3 months ), we begin to see the difference between a large and small unit in the same project can be as much as S$200-$300psf. Therefore, that is the same reason why buyers now typically cheong for new projects because the smaller unit and bigger unit are sold at the same psf....Get it? If you don't I will explain next time for you ;)

Your handsome uncle,
The ILLUMINATED

lot286
20-07-13, 19:51

I own a couple of units at the MarQ but i do not consider myself smart.

I really wonder why you seem wealth = intelligence and you see ús' so up?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

狮子王
20-07-13, 19:58
Allow your humble uncle to tell you guys about my very personal opinion.

Those buyers that paid high millions ( more than S$6million ) for condos like Hamillton Scotts are a totally different class of human beings. This class are mostly very well known socialites or famous personality like celebrity and hence the reason why they chose to stay in such condos and not landed. The security in such condos are not like the security you experienced at your typical condos. They are very tight and hence why the buyers paid such a very high premium for it. Usually when they sell their unit, they sold it through their own networks at parties or functions. The price is usually of the least concern to them.

Now, once we got that into perspective, it is time we all get back down to Earth and look at a normal typical human condo buyer. In this class, however, the price and hence quantum do and does matter very much to them. That is the reason why developers downsized their units in order to get the quantum to match this group of buyers amid the rising condo prices. And hence it also explains when the typical larger units will have lower psf within the same old resale project and recently ( as recent as last 3 months ), we begin to see the difference between a large and small unit in the same project can be as much as S$200-$300psf. Therefore, that is the same reason why buyers now typically cheong for new projects because the smaller unit and bigger unit are sold at the same psf....Get it? If you don't I will explain next time for you ;)

Your handsome uncle,
The ILLUMINATED

With that, let me drop the owners and developers here a hint from my years of experience as a super handsome property investor which very soon I shall be switching to another occupation until the CMs are removed ( if they ever remove them):

1) The typical affluent Singaporean buyers here can only afford a maximum budget of S$2million. That is the redline. This group has switched their focus on cluster houses and hence the reason why many developers cannot sell their new cluster houses at above S$3million. The lao chiao or old bird developers managed to push this limit to S$2.5million for some of the new cluster houses. So,be careful if you intend to buy cluster houses. This is because under the new guideline, it is very difficult to stretch this group's budget any further.

2) The next in line formed the major bulk of the affluent but not so affluent Singaporean buyers. This group's red line is at S$1.5million maximum. They go for MMs typically or bigger units in OCR. So as a whole, they are mostly buying for investment hence they do not concern with the sizes and are looking most actively in the CCR area. Any quantum above S$1.5million they would reconsider. So if you are looking to buy MM, keep in mind this threshold. They still can stretch further upwards depending on the MMs location and unit's appeal, but just be aware your ability to sell to the next buyer will be greatly hindered.

Good Luck :)

Your Very Handsome Uncle,
Blackjack21trader

DKSG
20-07-13, 20:00
Hi all !

Office Boy is back !

But I regret to inform you all that I will be away for a short while.
Negotiating a superbly good deal in D9 for $2k psf!

Will tell you all more when the nego is completed!

For the time being - my same old message!!!

Huat Huat Huat for EVERYONE here !

Ciao!

DKSG

狮子王
20-07-13, 20:06
Hi all !

Office Boy is back !

But I regret to inform you all that I will be away for a short while.
Negotiating a superbly good deal in D9 for $2k psf!

Will tell you all more when the nego is completed!

For the time being - my same old message!!!

Huat Huat Huat for EVERYONE here !

Ciao!

DKSG

What, good brother? You are still buying under the current CMs ?

chestnut
20-07-13, 20:51

Bro, I did not exit yet... I downsized 2 unit and "cashed out" from this 2 props.

It is a fraction of my props... :)

DC33_2008
20-07-13, 21:53
I thought so. Enjoy the passive income. ;)
Bro, I did not exit yet... I downsized 2 unit and "cashed out" from this 2 props.

It is a fraction of my props... :)

chestnut
20-07-13, 21:57
I thought so. Enjoy the passive income. ;)

Bro, the passive income from my props in % did not catch up with capital gains... So rental sucks.... Based on ROI. Mine sucks because the units are typically big. 3 and 4 bedroom types...

Anyway, went US stocks awhile back... Returns quite solid leh... Now looking at other markets....

;)

DC33_2008
20-07-13, 22:02
Rental return for new ones even worst. Have been looking at other investment opportunities since three years ago.
Bro, the passive income from my props in % did not catch up with capital gains... So rental sucks.... Based on ROI. Mine sucks because the units are typically big. 3 and 4 bedroom types...

Anyway, went US stocks awhile back... Returns quite solid leh... Now looking at other markets....

;)

Ringo33
20-07-13, 22:28
Rental return for new ones even worst. Have been looking at other investment opportunities since three years ago.

why not suggest retails shop? you were saying 5 to 6%?

Ringo33
20-07-13, 23:01
MM pin drop map from squarefoot.com.sg.

Notice the lack of MM supply in the western region?

It amazing how quickly the MM multiply in Singapore over the past 4 to 5 years.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6776/myy8.jpg

Regulators
20-07-13, 23:54
u know why there isn't a demand for MMs in the west? People can generally afford to live in bigger units in the suburbs where prices are supposedly below $1k psf. :D

MM pin drop map from squarefoot.com.sg.

It amazing how quickly the MM multiply in Singapore over the past 4 to 5 years.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6776/myy8.jpg

Ringo33
21-07-13, 00:10
u know why there isn't a demand for MMs in the west? People can generally afford to live in bigger units in the suburbs where prices are supposedly below $1k psf. :D

I am surprise that you cant even read simple english. And how one earth could you say no demand when J Gateway was sold out within a day?

You must be really thick skin to be hanging around in this forum trying to give investment advise.

lot286
21-07-13, 00:41
I am surprise that you cant even read simple english. And how one earth could you say no demand when J Gateway was sold out within a day?

You must be really thick skin to be hanging around in this forum trying to give investment advise.

LOL
:luke-and-darth: :luke-and-darth: :luke-and-darth: :luke-and-darth:

Regulators
21-07-13, 00:59
U must be real desperate to suggest people r in great need of living in dog boxes smaller than 500sqft in a place like jurong by saying there is a lack of supply. If people hv to be forced to live in such tiny units in an industrial town, life for them must really be down in the dumps. People move to the suburbs for a larger space they can't afford near town, not live in dog boxes the size of a few parking lots. :doh: :doh:

Ringo33
21-07-13, 01:29
U must be real desperate to suggest people r in great need of living in dog boxes smaller than 500sqft in a place like jurong by saying there is a lack of supply. If people hv to be forced to live in such tiny units in an industrial town, life for them must really be down in the dumps. People move to the suburbs for a larger space they can't afford near town, not live in dog boxes the size of a few parking lots. :doh: :doh:

I believe I said J Gateway was sold out within a day, and there is a lack of MM supply in Western region.

So how did you twist it to become, i am promoting MM, or forcing people to live in MM like these people who pay thousand of dollars for rent doesnt have a brain of their own to decide how and where they want to live.

minority
21-07-13, 01:32

Thats a good 1... :)

minority
21-07-13, 01:33
I believe I said J Gateway was sold out within a day, and there is a lack of MM supply in Western region.

So how did you twist it to become, i am promoting MM, or forcing people to live in MM like these people who pay thousand of dollars for rent doesnt have a brain of their own to decide how and where they want to live.

Could be all buy in the EAST liao time go GO West.....

chestnut
21-07-13, 05:32
Ringo, this song is for u :cheers5:

VILLAGE PEOPLE - GO WEST LYRICS

Artist: Village People Lyrics

Come on, come on, come on, come on

(Together) We will go our way
(Together) We will leave someday
(Together) Your hand in my hands
(Together) We will make our plans

(Together) We will fly so high
(Together) Tell all our friends goodbye
(Together) We will start life new
(Together) This is what we'll do

(Go West) Life is peaceful there
(Go West) In the open air
(Go West) Where the skies are blue
(Go West) This is what we're gonna do

(Go West, this is what we're gonna do, Go West)

(Together) We will love the beach
(Together) We will learn and teach
(Together) Change our pace of life
(Together) We will work and strive

(I love you) I know you love me
(I want you) How could I disagree?
(So that's why) I make no protest
(When you say) You will do the rest

(Go West) Baby you and me
(Go West) This is our destiny (Aah)

(Go West) Sun in wintertime
(Go West) We will do just fine
(Go West, this is what we're gonna do)

There where the air is free
We'll be (We'll be) what we want to be (Aah aah aah aah)
Now if we make a stand (Aah)
We'll find (We'll find) our promised land (Aah)

(I know that) There are many ways
(To live there) In the sun or shade
(Together) We will find a place
(To settle) Where there's so much space

(Without rush) And the pace back east
(The hustling) Rustling just to feed
(I know I'm) Ready to leave too
(So that's what) We are gonna do

(What we're gonna do is
Go West) Life is peaceful there
(Go West) There in the open air

(Life is peaceful there)
Go West (In the open air)
Go West (Baby, you and me)
Go West (This is our destiny)

(Go West) We will feel just fine

(Come on, come on, come on)
(Go West)

(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Gimme a feelin')
(Gimme a feelin')
(Go West)
(Gimme a feelin')
(Gimme a feelin')
(Go West)
(Gimme a feelin')
(Gimme a feelin')

Ringo33
21-07-13, 09:16
Thats absolutely right Chestnut, Go West because JLD masterplan is all about making the western region self sufficient to minimize trans island traffic movement to facilitate high density urban living. And high density is always good for property.

And since West has got the largest employments in Singapore (over 3000 MNCs, 2 of Singapore largest and well funded university), hence Jurong is definitely the place where you want to plant your seed. I am sure you must have notice how quickly the price of your Botannia has climb over the past 2 to 3 years.

Those who are still doubting, ask yourself this question, who are the most influential ministers for trade, investment and urban development in Singapore?

Tharman - Finance Ministers, Deputy Prime Minister - Jurong GRC

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/G+20+Finance+Ministers+Meet+IMF+World+Bank+kuZb43-Musrl.jpg

Lim Hng Kiang - Minister for Trade and Industry - West Coast GRC

http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/singaporescene/unistudios-1.jpg

S Iswaran - 2nd Minister for Trade and Industry - West Coast GRC

http://292fc373eb1b8428f75b-7f75e5eb51943043279413a54aaa858a.r38.cf3.rackcdn.com/f1_02_temp-1348395122-505ee072-620x348.jpg

Khaw Boon Wan - MND - 30 years lease at Jurong Gateway

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1509107.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Actor%20Ewan%20McGregor%20as%20Obi-Wan%20Kenobi-1509107

Regulators
21-07-13, 10:44
U use the phrase "lack of MM supply" to implicitly show a need for MM in jurong. This is the most ridiculous thing coming from u. Just because all MM were sold out in j gateway n u bought one, u think there will be a strong future demand for MM in the entire west. :doh: .

DC33_2008
21-07-13, 10:53
Shops in the west can have higher returns and capital gain than residential. :D
why not suggest retails shop? you were saying 5 to 6%?

Ringo33
21-07-13, 11:09
U use the phrase "lack of MM supply" to implicitly show a need for MM in jurong. This is the most ridiculous thing coming from u. Just because all MM were sold out in j gateway n u bought one, u think there will be a strong future demand for MM in the entire west. :doh: .

Again you are getting the facts all wrong again, again, and again. Not something unusual for arrogant people who like voting for himself.

J Gateway is not a 100% MM project, it has size ranges from 474 all the way to 2024sqft. And according to some sources, the hottest units are the 2 bedders, which are NOT MM size (MM= <50sqm).

Perhaps you should take a break, take a breather to compose yourself or you might risk losing credibility in this forum.

AK47
21-07-13, 11:21
"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Do you realised how often you've been arguing? I suggest you change that signature. You have becomes the biggest of them all.

JLD does have its merits. But you must also accept alternate views.

Have you ever wonder why so many are criticising your investment? Its not the project silly, its YOU. You have such annoying ego people here just enjoy cutting you down to size. You can continue promoting or defend JLD. I wonder if those guys truly care about that, really.

Regulators
21-07-13, 11:25
You should also tell forumers how "efficient" your MM layout is for you to suggest a demand for the type of unit you bought. Here are the facts of your MM:

1) 44sm (474sqft)
2) Balcony size as big as living room
3) air con ledge is 1/3 the size of your bedroom
4) Narrow doorway is doubled up as small kitchen area (when cooking smoke everywhere in the house with no vent)

Basically roughly 20% of the unit is wasted space so the west is lacking in units like that (44sm with 20% wasted space)? Since u like spreadsheets u may want to come up with a spreadsheet to calculate how much of your monthly repayment goes to your huge balcony n aircon ledge n what the interest component is each month for these wasted space :doh:

xebay11
21-07-13, 11:25
Ringo, this song is for u :cheers5:

VILLAGE PEOPLE - GO WEST LYRICS

Artist: Village People Lyrics

(Together) We will go our way
(Together) We will leave someday
(Together) Your hand in my hands
(Together) We will make our plans

(Together) We will fly so high
(Together) Tell all our friends goodbye
(Together) We will start life new
(Together) This is what we'll do

(Go West, this is what we're gonna do, Go West)

(Together) We will love the beach
(Together) We will learn and teach
(Together) Change our pace of life
(Together) We will work and strive

(I love you) I know you love me
(I want you) How could I disagree?
(So that's why) I make no protest
(When you say) You will do the rest

(Go West) Baby you and me
(Go West) This is our destiny (Aah)

(Go West) We will do just fine
(Go West, this is what we're gonna do)

There where the air is free
We'll be (We'll be) what we want to be (Aah aah aah aah)
Now if we make a stand (Aah)
We'll find (We'll find) our promised land (Aah)

(I know that) There are many ways
(To live there) In the sun or shade
(Together) We will find a place
(To settle) Where there's so much space

(Without rush) And the pace back east
(The hustling) Rustling just to feed
(I know I'm) Ready to leave too
(So that's what) We are gonna do

(What we're gonna do is
Go West) Life is peaceful there
(Go West) There in the open air

(Life is peaceful there)
Go West (In the open air)
Go West (Baby, you and me)
Go West (This is our destiny)

(Go West) We will feel just fine

(Come on, come on, come on)
(Go West)

(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Go West)
(Go, ooh, go, yeah)
(Gimme a feelin')
(Gimme a feelin')
(Go West)
(Gimme a feelin')
(Gimme a feelin')
(Go West)
(Gimme a feelin')
(Gimme a feelin')

Was there a Village People version? Always thought it was Pet Shop Boys.

chestnut
21-07-13, 11:34
Was there a Village People version? Always thought it was Pet Shop Boys.

Village first, pet shop later.... Original artist - village people. Cheers :D

xebay11
21-07-13, 11:43
Village first, pet shop later.... Original artist - village people. Cheers :D

Ok yes, you must be old LOL

Ringo33
21-07-13, 11:44
"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Do you realised how often you've been arguing? I suggest you change that signature. You have becomes the biggest of them all.

Have you ever wonder why so many are criticising your investment? Its not the project silly, its YOU. You have such annoying ego people here just enjoy cutting you down to size. You can continue promoting or defend JLD. I wonder if those guys truly care about that, really.

Please load your post with some facts first before talking. What alternate views are you referring to? Please let me know which one are worth the merit and we discuss

chestnut
21-07-13, 11:46
Ok yes, you must be old LOL

Actually, I remember things right when I was young... Hahahahahaha I have a capacity to remember things.... Pulling your legs lah...

I use this technology called "search engine". U should try it some time. hahahahahaha....

Unlike others, I share....

:D :D :D

AK47
21-07-13, 12:35
Please load your post with some facts first before talking. What alternate views are you referring to? Please let me know which one are worth the merit and we discuss

:doh:

So you cannot accept my view that you should accept alternative views?

AK47
21-07-13, 12:36

Ringo33
21-07-13, 13:12

I really catch no balls sorry.

Simi
22-07-13, 12:27

AK47

wonder if you started reading this thread from Posting #1

some of the postings then were ridiculous and they need to "cut" someone down because they have all the rights and justifications to do so just because they felt that, that someone is egoistic ?

PEACE

狮子王
24-07-13, 17:27
AK47

wonder if you started reading this thread from Posting #1

some of the postings then were ridiculous and they need to "cut" someone down because they have all the rights and justifications to do so just because they felt that, that someone is egoistic ?

PEACE

Very good advice, brother Simi :)

anyway, allow me to add my little personal opinion here. Ringo33 may have made the right choice because the rental yield could be higher due to the proximity to the Business Park in Jurong East and Botannia.

Because it is an OCR project, it may still have some leeway to go for capital gains upon completion. And it could also pulled tenants away from the older projects except Botannia because of the facillities :)

Good Luck.

Ringo33
24-07-13, 18:45

anyway, allow me to add my little personal opinion here. Ringo33 may have made the right choice because the rental yield could be higher due to the proximity to the Business Park in Jurong East and Botannia.

Because it is an OCR project, it may still have some leeway to go for capital gains upon completion. And it could also pulled tenants away from the older projects except Botannia because of the facillities :)

Good Luck.
As more and more project TOPs, more and more jobs will be shifted from other region into Jurong Lake District

1) Alexandra Hospital - Current operation at Queenway will be shifted to NTFGH in 2014/2015

2) MND, BCA, AVA - Currently located at Maxwell Road, will be shifted to Jurong Gateway in 2014, including Khaw Boon Wan office.

3) Capitaland - Current offices in Capital Tower, Robinson Point, AXA Tower, Wilkie Edge, Ascott Center, Sentosa will move into JLD Westgate Tower in 2014/2015,

4) I would expect more developers and construction companies to set up offices in JLD because of MND and BCA. I wont be surprise that Lian Beng might shift their office to JLD when their recently acquired commercial office tower is ready.

DKSG
24-07-13, 19:02

Good Luck.

LionKing!

You confirming that in your opinion this Jurong PC can reach $2K psf in 4 years time ? I expect "some leeway to go for capital gains" to be nothing less than 20% gross, which means the $1,700 will hit $2K psf ?

Most of us dont think so, and that surrounding PCs will be trying hard to catch up.

You are the authority in this forum, so if you say CONFIRM can hit $2K psf! We straight away got and buy Caspian for $1,2xx psf NOW!

DKSG

Ringo33
24-07-13, 19:10
As more and more project TOPs, more and more jobs will be shifted from other region into Jurong Lake District

1) Alexandra Hospital - Current operation at Queenway will be shifted to NTFGH in 2014/2015

2) MND, BCA, AVA - Currently located at Maxwell Road, will be shifted to Jurong Gateway in 2014, including Khaw Boon Wan office.

3) Capitaland - Current offices in Capital Tower, Robinson Point, AXA Tower, Wilkie Edge, Ascott Center, Sentosa will move into JLD Westgate Tower in 2014/2015,

4) I would expect more developers and construction companies to set up offices in JLD because of MND and BCA. I wont be surprise that Lian Beng might shift their office to JLD when their recently acquired commercial office tower is ready.

Sorry, it should be Sim Lian, not Lian Beng.

Ringo33
24-07-13, 19:12
LionKing!

You confirming that in your opinion this Jurong PC can reach $2K psf in 4 years time ? I expect "some leeway to go for capital gains" to be nothing less than 20% gross, which means the $1,700 will hit $2K psf ?

Most of us dont think so, and that surrounding PCs will be trying hard to catch up.

You are the authority in this forum, so if you say CONFIRM can hit $2K psf! We straight away got and buy Caspian for $1,2xx psf NOW!

DKSG

I am not sure why do you keep barking on $1700psf when we all know that most unit sold are way below that? If you wish to talk about highest price, then why are you not KPKB about Echelon $2474psf, or CBD $4000psf..

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7825/9ys4.jpg

lot286
24-07-13, 19:37
I see parts of Singapore hitting 5000 SGD per square feet in 10 years' time. Easily.:banghead: :banghead:

Ringo33
24-07-13, 19:51
I see parts of Singapore hitting 5000 SGD per square feet in 10 years' time. Easily.:banghead: :banghead:

10 years? When Marina One launch in a few months, we will see.

DKSG
24-07-13, 21:42
10 years? When Marina One launch in a few months, we will see.

Office Boy is going for Marina One investor preview next week!

Will keep you all informed of the prices - hoping to grab something below their launch price!

DKSG

Simi
24-07-13, 22:05

Good Luck.

BJ21Trader sifu

Botannia, it's for long term because it is so rare to find a 2 bedroom
for either rent or sales, the demand will always be there.

On the other hand will be letting some properties in Iskandar go soon

xebay11
24-07-13, 22:34

Not with the new tdsr measures, we won't just yet.

Ringo33
29-07-13, 21:22
Another project in JLD about to TOP.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/994556_608876722486567_658751697_n.jpg

k00L
30-07-13, 00:04

1) Yishun did not see any surge in rental demand after Khoo Teck Puat Hospital is in operations. Not sure about nurses, but doctors are in general are highly aspirational in their lifestyle choices - so Yishun or Jurong doesnt list high up in their choice of dwellings. Most hospital doctors (even the entry MO) drive, their favourite choice of car is BMW (no puns intended), hence there is no need to live within 1km radius from the hospital

2) I dont think MND, BCA and AVA employ a large percentage of foreigners since these ministries are geared towards national development..

3) Point taken

4) A large part of the developers workforce are deployed at construction site

The decentralization trend does benefit JLD, but it is a double-edged sword. E.g. A lot of banks are setting up IT/back-office offices in Changi, the most recent one in the news is JP Morgan. The natural choices for these banking employees renting in the west is to shift to the east once the lease is up.

Regulators
30-07-13, 00:46
Don't underestimate bangla power. 5 banglas squeezing into a one bedder can easily afford to rent a one bedder for $3k. 8 banglas squeezing into a two bedder can easily afford $4k. :D

1) Yishun did not see any surge in rental demand after Khoo Teck Puat Hospital is in operations. Not sure about nurses, but doctors are in general are highly aspirational in their lifestyle choices - so Yishun or Jurong doesnt list high up in their choice of dwellings. Most hospital doctors (even the entry MO) drive, their favourite choice of car is BMW (no puns intended), hence there is no need to live within 1km radius from the hospital

2) I dont think MND, BCA and AVA employ a large percentage of foreigners since these ministries are geared towards national development..

3) Point taken

The decentralization trend does benefit JLD, but it is a double-edged sword. E.g. A lot of banks are setting up IT/back-office offices in Changi, the most recent one in the news is JP Morgan. The natural choices for these banking employees renting in the west is to shift to the east once the lease is up.

xebay11
30-07-13, 06:54

3) Point taken

Many refuse to see JLD as a huge transformation, only keep harping about anecdotal small hospitals in Yishun and Simei as examples, which were not built as part of a bigger plan. Changi Business Park will never have as much buzz as JLD, as it is not part of a big industrial area like Jurong and Tuas, so again cannot compare. Anyway face facts, as it is, besides the central CBD area providing the largest employment, the next largest area of employment is provided by industries and offices in the West, a fact I already knew when I was a young investor in the 1990s when I made one of my first family investment forays there. The East is a wonderful place to live in, but woefully lacking employment opportunities compared to the West.

BTW, I live in Siglap and I can see the potential of this area and fully aware of Ringo's points.

Ringo33
30-07-13, 18:01
Another new record for Jurong Lake District. Selling price will be around 900-1000psf.

This developer has got good foresight because when news about theme park at JLD go public, this project will be sold out within 1 day.

Residents/investors in the west dont say I didnt warn you.

An executive condominium (EC) site at Yuan Ching Road in Jurong notched up a record top bid of $272.8 million on Tuesday.
That offer, from a consortium of Evia Real Estate, BBR Development, CNH Investment and OKP Land, translates to $418 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio (ppr) for the 20,213 sq m site, believed to be a record psf ppr figure for an EC site.
Two other EC site tenders also closed on Tuesday.
One of them, at Punggol Drive, had a top bid of $312.8 million or $355 psf ppr, lodged by Peak Square.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5996/9r6v.jpg

Regulators
30-07-13, 18:03
For the price of ur JG one bedder, can buy a 3 bedder ec for the new project so those who buy the ec would be good :D
Another new record for Jurong Lake District. Selling price will be around 900-1000psf.

This developer has got good foresight because when news about theme park at JLD go public, this project will be sold out within 1 day.

Residents/investors in the west dont say I didnt warn you.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5996/9r6v.jpg