PDA

View Full Version : haze is getting to me..

radha08
18-06-13, 01:51
Damm down with a sore throat and
Runny noise tks to the blady haze:simmering:

fiat500
18-06-13, 02:46
Let's hope for heavy rain...
It will help to clear the haze for the time being. :cool-punk-headbange :cool-punk-headbange

pmet
18-06-13, 03:55
Haze hits highest level since 1997 & indo currency depreciating sounds like a repeat of the Asian financial crisis.

irisng
18-06-13, 08:00
I feel suffocated inside my house, couldn't open the window as I do not want the haze to "flow" into my house:scared-3:. Feel so hot, can only use the fan as my aircond is spoilt.:banghead:

acidic.straw
18-06-13, 08:19
I feel suffocated inside my house, couldn't open the window as I do not want the haze to "flow" into my house:scared-3:. Feel so hot, can only use the fan as my aircond is spoilt.:banghead:

No aircon very jialat leh :( ...lucky I got mine replaced couple of weeks ago. You cant depend on the indo govt to do something so just hope one of the monsoons blow this thing away.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
18-06-13, 08:23
time to speed up the flyer.

finally it starts being useful at all.

ps: good thing is the haze will keep dengue mozzies in check.

hopeful
18-06-13, 08:31

ps: good thing is the haze will keep dengue mozzies in check. die from asthma any different die from dengue fever?

waterviewer88
18-06-13, 08:42

ps: good thing is the haze will keep dengue mozzies in check.

Like this? :D
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3781/9070423101_a14acfaacf.jpg

phantom_opera
18-06-13, 09:21

lol ... btw how can haze control dengue??

sherlock
18-06-13, 10:15
Make me run indoor... and I dun like threadmills!!! Stupid neighbour :hell-hath-no-fury:

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 10:40
lol ... btw how can haze control dengue??

Mozzies have bad sight and cannot fly in turbulent haze. In the end they crash and die.

phantom_opera
18-06-13, 11:47
Mozzies have bad sight and cannot fly in turbulent haze. In the end they crash and die.

in Singapore they anyhow fly also can hit humans especially in buses/MRTs :tongue3:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
18-06-13, 12:11
Smoke Gets In Our Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vBpeMop7YE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 12:47
in Singapore they anyhow fly also can hit humans especially in buses/MRTs :tongue3:

They anyhow poke also can poke a human in singapore....:scared-3:

Jonathan0503
18-06-13, 13:26

The fan is blowing in the wrong direction. Should be facing the Sheares bridge.

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 19:26
They anyhow poke also can poke a human in singapore....:scared-3:

They fly blindly? Calling TP and air traffic control. Give them demerit points.

ysyap
18-06-13, 21:12
Haze hits highest level since 1997 & indo currency depreciating sounds like a repeat of the Asian financial crisis.You are right.. but the 97 case was simply horrendous. Think it hit 2xx psi. I remembered I was walking on the street and can barely see more than 50m ahead.... Today's condition is catching up man...

princess_morbucks
18-06-13, 21:29
You are right.. but the 97 case was simply horrendous. Think it hit 2xx psi. I remembered I was walking on the street and can barely see more than 50m ahead.... Today's condition is catching up man...

Yes, yes I remember the haze of 1997.
It was somewhere in the 3rd quarter of the year.
I remembered the haze entering the house.
As for the financial crisis, I was unaware of it at that time.

Is this haze thingy and Indonesian currency thing something like the Hindenburg omen :scared-3: ?

radha08
18-06-13, 22:00
i hate SUMATRA:hell-hath-no-fury:

iwantgizmos
18-06-13, 22:07
i hate SUMATRA:hell-hath-no-fury:
Indonesia 'chokes' Singapore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th_MX9wgtu8

sh
18-06-13, 22:13
Nothing is going to happen until the haze hits Jakarta. :mad:

Point the fan in Jakarta's direction. :D

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 22:27
They fly blindly? Calling TP and air traffic control. Give them demerit points.

They fly and sting blinds, call TP and ATC can't see them, as they camouflage in the grey.... ;)

eng81157
19-06-13, 08:12
first, complain SG n MY companies have a part in burning down the forest. then kenna called bluff, now U-turn and say foreigners should not meddle with domestic affairs.....

:doh: :doh:

hopeful
19-06-13, 08:37
first, complain SG n MY companies have a part in burning down the forest. then kenna called bluff, now U-turn and say foreigners should not meddle with domestic affairs.....

:doh: :doh:

those oil palm companies listed on SGX like Wilmar, First Resources, Golden Agri, are they considered SG companies?

well, usually overthere, they called it "terbakar" as in accidentally caught fire by an act of G. and not "membakar" or "dibakar", which involves human active participation.

eng81157
19-06-13, 08:56
those oil palm companies listed on SGX like Wilmar, First Resources, Golden Agri, are they considered SG companies?

well, usually overthere, they called it "terbakar" as in accidentally caught fire by an act of G. and not "membakar" or "dibakar", which involves human active participation.

Wilmar n GA have denied allegations.

princess_morbucks
19-06-13, 08:59
If for example, your house burn accidentally and fire spreads to neighbour's house, who has to pay for neighbour's damage?

Or even if neighbour's house not burnt, but soot make the whole house black, who has to pay for the cleaning of the house?

eng81157
19-06-13, 09:25
If for example, your house burn accidentally and fire spreads to neighbour's house, who has to pay for neighbour's damage?

Or even if neighbour's house not burnt, but soot make the whole house black, who has to pay for the cleaning of the house?

your first question - insurer, or else it's gg. accident, not arson. even if it's arson, the guy will be jailed. if there's negligence, then lodge a civil case to claim damages.
second question - own pocket

hopeful
19-06-13, 09:30
Wilmar n GA have denied allegations.
what they say is true, they dont burn (membakar). the things got burnt (terbakar).
when it is dry season, like 2 months or more, stuff get burnt easily, like from cigar stubs. so not, they dont do burning.

always watch out for the grammar used.

eng81157
19-06-13, 09:38
what they say is true, they dont burn (membakar). the things got burnt (terbakar).
when it is dry season, like 2 months or more, stuff get burnt easily, like from cigar stubs. so not, they dont do burning.

always watch out for the grammar used.

certainly, i know that.

i just find it amusing that when confronted, one can blame thy neighbour for the smoke happening in one's backyard.

that's like saying because you look ugly, that's why my cooking sucks

Regulators
19-06-13, 12:20
Haze getting really bad, when hotspots go up in future when demand for oil palm rises, psi may hit above 200, our country as a desired venue for expat will go down the drain

hopeful
19-06-13, 12:59
Haze getting really bad, when hotspots go up in future when demand for oil palm rises, psi may hit above 200, our country as a desired venue for expat will go down the drain

if a bear chase you, you dont have to be the fastest runner, you need only to be faster than the slowest runner.

so if singapore psi > 200, expats will still come if HK, shanghai, beijing > 500.

ysyap
19-06-13, 13:04
Yes, yes I remember the haze of 1997.
It was somewhere in the 3rd quarter of the year.
I remembered the haze entering the house.
As for the financial crisis, I was unaware of it at that time.

Is this haze thingy and Indonesian currency thing something like the Hindenburg omen :scared-3: ?Not only does the haze impede vision, it raises the temperature by 1 or 2 degree. Also, it causes those with sensitive airway to cough. Sigh! Now have to turn on air conditioner everyday to block out the haze... :mad:

hopeful
19-06-13, 13:11
Not only does the haze impede vision, it raises the temperature by 1 or 2 degree. Also, it causes those with sensitive airway to cough. Sigh! Now have to turn on air conditioner everyday to block out the haze... :mad:
i read some studies on oil palm that haze reduced temperature since it reflects sunlight.
eg of an article.
http://christopherteh.com/blog/2012/09/cc-oil-palm/
"This is because of the lower air temperature (brought by the haze blocking the sunlight) would increase oil palm stomatal conductivity. In turn, this increases the photosynthesis rate, which would increase oil palm yield despite lower solar irradiance."

ysyap
19-06-13, 13:40
i read some studies on oil palm that haze reduced temperature since it reflects sunlight.
eg of an article.
http://christopherteh.com/blog/2012/09/cc-oil-palm/
"This is because of the lower air temperature (brought by the haze blocking the sunlight) would increase oil palm stomatal conductivity. In turn, this increases the photosynthesis rate, which would increase oil palm yield despite lower solar irradiance."Good to learn new things everyday. I am certainly not the expert but would like to discuss such effects more. According to my understanding, greenhouse effect does not ONLY result from the sunrays entering our atmosphere. While the effect is felt, it is the heat that is trapped within that raises the atmospheric temperature more. The infra red radiation that is already in our atmosphere is trapped. While the haze blocks the sunlight coming, it also prevents the heat from escaping. Under normal circumstance, heat from the sun only enters the atmosphere during day time but heat is released at night. However, this haze, consisting of burnt particles is bouncing heat back into our atmosphere at night also. Day and night heat is trapped (worse than normal situation). CO2 is the big culprit for such effects, along with these burnt particles enveloping our atmosphere. It takes in the heat energy and then releasing the energy in all direction and about 50% returns back to Earth. Having written such, I would like to understand more and stand corrected on my limited understanding. :cheers1:

radha08
19-06-13, 18:12

ya then everything will crash no one will come here and we shall all buy a house in mt sinai and live happily ever after thank u:D

radha08
19-06-13, 18:46
http://www.news24.com/Green/News/Singapore-Indonesia-tussle-over-haze-20130618

azeoprop
19-06-13, 20:25
8pm PSI is 190!!! :scared-5: :scared-3: :scared-4:

Allthepies
19-06-13, 20:31
Everybody take care.

Keep a happy mind will reduce the haze effect. :D :D :D :D :D

phantom_opera
19-06-13, 20:35
stay in aircon rm and continue kpkb guys

hyenergix
19-06-13, 20:38
Good to learn new things everyday. I am certainly not the expert but would like to discuss such effects more. According to my understanding, greenhouse effect does not ONLY result from the sunrays entering our atmosphere. While the effect is felt, it is the heat that is trapped within that raises the atmospheric temperature more. The infra red radiation that is already in our atmosphere is trapped. While the haze blocks the sunlight coming, it also prevents the heat from escaping. Under normal circumstance, heat from the sun only enters the atmosphere during day time but heat is released at night. However, this haze, consisting of burnt particles is bouncing heat back into our atmosphere at night also. Day and night heat is trapped (worse than normal situation). CO2 is the big culprit for such effects, along with these burnt particles enveloping our atmosphere. It takes in the heat energy and then releasing the energy in all direction and about 50% returns back to Earth. Having written such, I would like to understand more and stand corrected on my limited understanding. :cheers1:

My theory:

There r two temperatures: one ambient n one surface. The dust scatters e direct sun n prevents them from striking e skin, so ur skin feels cooler I.e lower surface temperature. However e ambient temperature is still very warm since energy is trapped by e atmosphere, although there is significant reflection of sunlight back into space.

ysyap
19-06-13, 20:55
My theory:

There r two temperatures: one ambient n one surface. The dust scatters e direct sun n prevents them from striking e skin, so ur skin feels cooler I.e lower surface temperature. However e ambient temperature is still very warm since energy is trapped by e atmosphere, although there is significant reflection of sunlight back into space.Yup.. was thinking about the direct and indirect sunlight. Bingo, you have stated it well... Thank you for your sharing! :)

sgbuyer
19-06-13, 21:22
Just came back. Past half hour extremely jiat lat! Can feel sting in the eye. :scared-5:

ysyap
19-06-13, 21:28
PSI reading hits 290 at 9pm today, breaking the previous record of 226 in 1997. :scared-2:

azeoprop
19-06-13, 21:32
Buy a plane ticket and get out of here .... :scared-3:

ysyap
19-06-13, 21:34
Buy a plane ticket and get out of here .... :scared-3:Was away over the weekend and when I returned, even my bath towel in the bathroom smells of burnt ashes... :scared-3: This is no good man... think PUB bills will go up with all the a/c turned on! :cool:

Was driving along the road at 8.30pm and noticed that my vision was really bad. Thought it was my poor eyesight but now I understand coz the haze condition is spinning out of control. :doh:

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 21:53
Psi 290, huat ah!:D

phantom_opera
19-06-13, 21:55
look at those faces

this is soft terror

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/skyboxfinal.jpg

irisng
19-06-13, 21:56
PSI not in a healthy range now, gahment should announce that everybody must stay at home, so don't need to work, till PSI get into a healthy range.:D.

ysyap
19-06-13, 22:06
look at those faces

this is soft terror

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/skyboxfinal.jpgThe forest behind them is all gone... nothing left to burn le.... :scared-3:

ysyap
19-06-13, 22:08
PSI not in a healthy range now, gahment should announce that everybody must stay at home, so don't need to work, till PSI get into a healthy range.:D.Is that even possible? Is there a threshold beyond which this announcement will be made? Anyway, I guess now many people will take MC and bosses cannot complain too much! Clinics will be jammed tomorrow...

radha08
19-06-13, 22:11
kns spore got land build condo:doh:

kns indonesia got land they burn:banghead:

this is a kns world

phantom_opera
19-06-13, 22:20
NEA twitter stops updating ... does it mean we have passed hazardous level :eek:

狮子王
19-06-13, 22:27
" I am THE ILLUMINATED, The Lion, The King !"
" I call now upon the beasts of the underworld"
"Blow your trumpets ! Change the wind direction back to where the fires originated this haze !"
" I call now upon the Northern devil, awaken thy devil"
" BLOW Thou trumpets ! BLOW THE WIND back to where the fires originated this haze "
" Les Arh Thou Man cho waris ! CHONWMOW!!!"

- BLACKJACK21TRADER a.k.a Leo CHENG

irisng
19-06-13, 22:41
Even mosquitoes also scare of the haze, fly to my house to escape, then "find food from me" because they couldn't see properly outside as it is so blur now.:scared-3:

狮子王
20-06-13, 06:43
" I am THE ILLUMINATED, The Lion, The King !"
" I call now upon the beasts of the underworld"
"Blow your trumpets ! Change the wind direction back to where the fires originated this haze !"
" I call now upon the Northern devil, awaken thy devil"
" BLOW Thou trumpets ! BLOW THE WIND back to where the fires originated this haze "
" Les Arh Thou Man cho waris ! CHONWMOW!!!"

- BLACKJACK21TRADER a.k.a Leo CHENG

Now that you have witnessed my power.

I am telling you, a few arsonists on this planet has really pissed the gods.

Just watch what heaven will do next

Good luck to them, I say !

" I am THE ILLUMINATED, The Lion, The Master from the DARK !"

ysyap
20-06-13, 07:04
PSI 321 is frightening man... :scared-4: Can reverse the number or not? 123 anybody?

irisng
20-06-13, 07:53
Blow your trumpets ! Change the wind direction back to where the fires originated this haze !"

That's right, let them taste their own medicine.

irisng
20-06-13, 07:58
PSI 321 is frightening man... :scared-4: Can reverse the number or not? 123 anybody?

And instead of using the burning method, does anyone has any other method. So many people, including their neighbouring countries have to pay the price (health problem) for them. How selfish it is !!!:hell-hath-no-fury:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
20-06-13, 09:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHDT2D-gxfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PM2.5 is the more jialut one that will lodge in our airways and lungs.

It has overtaken PM10 (which the psi is based on) to reach 246.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
20-06-13, 09:25
http://hameri.blogspot.sg/2013/02/how-much-is-hazardous-air-pollution-in.html?m=1

Read the above. Beijing can go up to 886 PM2.5!!! Extracts:

Air pollution in Beijing has during this winter reached several times record levels. Early January was probably the worst. According to the U.S. Embassy twitter @BeijingAir, on Saturday January 12th PM 2.5 readings surged to 886 µg/m3, exceeding the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s highest grading of "hazardous" which is anything between 301-500, and far beyond the level deemed acceptable by the*World Health Organization, which is a 25 µg/m3 mean over a 24 hour period.

Andrews said that Beijing's pollution levels were "six or seven times higher than the U.S.'s most polluted city." "Air pollution at these levels likely shortens life expectancy by about five years," he added. Exposure to PM2.5 pollution can lead to cardiovascular and lung disease, and in a long term increases the risk of cancer.The values reported in Beijing are way beyond those we are familiar with in Europe or in US. In Helsinki for instance, the PM2.5 levels are on average around 10µg/m3 and the expected shortening of life expectancy at these levels is of the order of 3-6 months.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
20-06-13, 09:32
More layman info on pm2.5

http://www.airinfonow.org/html/ed_particulate.html

hopeful
20-06-13, 09:43
And instead of using the burning method, does anyone has any other method. So many people, including their neighbouring countries have to pay the price (health problem) for them. How selfish it is !!!:hell-hath-no-fury:
anybody want to donate to my foundation? so that i help farmers do land clearing without burning?
zero burn land clearing is so much more expensive than burning. Not everybody can afford to do it.

i propose that everybody buy corn oil, sunflower oil. boycott palm oil.
nobody buys palm oil, price drop, so no incentive for the farmers in indonesia to clear the land for oil palm plantation.
a possible side effect is then food price in singapore up as everybody switch to more expensive oils.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
20-06-13, 09:46
anybody want to donate to my foundation? so that i help farmers do land clearing without burning?
zero burn land clearing is so much more expensive than burning. Not everybody can afford to do it.

i propose that everybody buy corn oil, sunflower oil. boycott palm oil.
nobody buys palm oil, price drop, so no incentive for the farmers in indonesia to clear the land for oil palm plantation.
a possible side effect is then food price in singapore up as everybody switch to more expensive oils.

Actually what are palm oil used in mostly? It appears a lot of snacks and junk foods use it iirc.

hopeful
20-06-13, 09:47
The forest behind them is all gone... nothing left to burn le.... :scared-3:

still have, usually there are several rounds of burning.
one round is usually not enough for complete burn.

eng81157
20-06-13, 09:52
Actually what are palm oil used in mostly? It appears a lot of snacks and junk foods use it iirc.

soap, detergent, etc etc.

hopeful
20-06-13, 09:52
those cooking oil marketed as vegetable oil is palm oil.

p3nboy
20-06-13, 11:38
this is wrong!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Indonesia

radha08
20-06-13, 11:53
so what is the haze task force doing:confused:

eng81157
20-06-13, 12:22
so what is the haze task force doing:confused:

just talking :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

azeoprop
20-06-13, 12:24
Its only 12 noon and psi is 299!! :scared-1: :scared-1:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
20-06-13, 12:28
Its only 12 noon and psi is 299!! :scared-1: :scared-1:

Thats nothing.

24hr average (the real killer being sustained effect over long period) is

342 for pm10
291 for pm2.5

And vb kena whack endless on his fb as we speak.

radha08
20-06-13, 12:59
there will be a press conference at 3pm by pm lee stay tuned

teddybear
20-06-13, 13:06
They have not done enough! They should consider to have cloud seeding to clear the air now in Singapore.

They should have known the situation will get worst and should have a list the solutions to alleviate the air condition in Singapore.:tongue3:

OMG! It's now 371 PSI.:scared-4:

Thats nothing.

24hr average (the real killer being sustained effect over long period) is

342 for pm10
291 for pm2.5

And vb kena whack endless on his fb as we speak.

hopeful
20-06-13, 13:18
as of now, i dont see any donation coming in to my account to help the poor farmers implement zero-burn land clearing techniques.

teddybear
20-06-13, 13:26
How is the air condition in Indonesia? nobody care in Indonesia?
:confused:

as of now, i dont see any donation coming in to my acc
unt to help the poor farmers implement zero-burn land clearing techniques.

hopeful
20-06-13, 13:45

indonesia is so big, can only speak for my city. the air is quite ok.hopefully the wind dont blow in wrong direction.

btw, i am now a singaporean, served ns as commando, if not people question will my motives for questioning the leedership.
damn, anybody can be anybody in the forum :).

ysyap
20-06-13, 13:48
psi 371 @ 1pm. Will it breach the 400 mark today? Place your bet... come come...

teddybear
20-06-13, 13:54
easily hit 400 mark!

We need cloud seeding!, cloud seeding, cloud seeding....... to clear air.

psi 371 @ 1pm. Will it breach the 400 mark today? Place your bet... come come...

hopeful
20-06-13, 14:05
easily hit 400 mark!

We need cloud seeding!, cloud seeding, cloud seeding....... to clear air.

should built more MRT. hopefully no MRT breakdown tonight.
last night activation of extra bus services (due to NEL breakdown) cause the PSI to go up 290.

princess_morbucks
20-06-13, 14:17
They have not done enough! They should consider to have cloud seeding to clear the air now in Singapore.

They should have known the situation will get worst and should have a list the solutions to alleviate the air condition in Singapore.:tongue3:

OMG! It's now 371 PSI.:scared-4:

Apparently there is not enough clouds to seed.
What can the government do?
I don't think they can do much except to talk to their counterparts in Indonesia.

hopeful
20-06-13, 14:25
how come no minister have said:
it is once in a 50 year haze.
no amount of engineering can prevent haze.

teddybear
20-06-13, 14:36
Alamak! As the names suggest, to seed clouds but may not have big rain but small little rain lo. still better than nothing wa. US is very dry and they have even little clouds...if they can do, so can us? no?

I don't think they can do much except to talk to their counterparts in Indonesia.

ysyap
20-06-13, 15:19
I don't think they can do much except to talk to their counterparts in Indonesia.If talking can solve the problem things would have been better 15 years back. This is an annual occurrence. If I'm the Indo government, I'd be embarrassed to hear from my neighbors again each year about our problem. Now they say Singapore and Malaysia also culpable for the worsening haze. :doh:

zzz1
20-06-13, 15:39
Was I jkt over the week end , took a domestic flights in to Batam for a night at turi resort...

Jkt is as polluted to begin with... Batam haze was bad but business as usual....

One things for sure... Ppl I talk to less care about it, and is just another day for them...
If anybody can offer better solution(or cheaper) to clear the land , other then that is care less,..

Indo regulators have a lot socioeconomic issue to this and on top of it, the local governor with different political party affiliation, may not necessary follow the directives.they have a hard call to do...

The sentiment is like this.......SG is demanding immediate action from them which they once called us a little red dot..

maisonjai
20-06-13, 16:01
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/indonesia-chides/717798.html

JAKARTA: Indonesia on Thursday accused Singapore of "behaving like a child" by complaining about severe haze from raging forest fires on Sumatra island that has cloaked the city-state.

"Singapore should not be behaving like a child and making all this noise," Agung Laksono, the minister who is coordinating Indonesia's response to the haze crisis, told reporters in Jakarta.

"This is not what the Indonesian nation wants, it is because of nature."
The minister for people's welfare also said Jakarta would reject any offer of financial aid from Singapore unless it was a large amount.

"Unless (Singapore) wants to give us a large amount, we won't consider accepting it," he said. "If it is only half a million, or one million dollars, we don't need that. We would rather use our own national budget."

The comments came as the neighbours prepared to hold emergency talks in Jakarta to ease the severe smog enveloping the city-state.

Singapore's air pollutant index was again hovering around the "hazardous" level of 301 at midday, close to the all-time high of 321 set the night before.
Any reading above 200 is considered threatening to health.

Laksono said investigations were under way to find out which company was responsible for the haze.

"There are Indonesian, Singaporean and Malaysian companies there," he said, echoing previous comments from officials in Jakarta seeking to shift the blame away from solely Indonesian firms

hopeful
20-06-13, 16:57
"Unless (Singapore) wants to give us a large amount, we won't consider accepting it," he said. "If it is only half a million, or one million dollars, we don't need that. We would rather use our own national budget."

haha, this guy speaks truth.
singapore stingy when it comes to donating money for disaster areas. of course, safeguarding the reserves very important.

hopeful
20-06-13, 17:07
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/dt/xml/Warning_Advisory/Haze.gif

although dated 19 june, looks like singapore escape the worst. only have moderate haze instead of dense haze and wind is East-north east direction.

teddybear
20-06-13, 18:13
If I am Singapore govt, I won't give a single cent.
That haze is man-made, because they want to save money and earn more money!
Why should we subsidize them for them to earn more money? :rolleyes:

Instead of giving them a single cent, we should use these money to build a few big fans (as big as Singapore Flyers) and blow the haze back into Indonesia President's residence & office! May be convert Singapore Flyer for this purpose? :p
Otherwise just use the money to create rain over Singapore to clear the haze in our courtyard will do! :D

haha, this guy speaks truth.
singapore stingy when it comes to donating money for disaster areas. of course, safeguarding the reserves very important.

ClemenceLY
20-06-13, 19:36
This indo guy is in charge of the haze coordination from indo side. With that kind of atitude, do you think we can rely on him to get anything done on the haze ? :doh:
He is setting his expectation ahead of the meeting with sg counterparts... It s a waste of time to have the meeting.

Perhaps our Air Force could try to do a stealth operation - fly in our planes and heli to put off the fires in the night for reason of protecting our people well being. A more effective solution in tackling the problem at its source.

princess_morbucks
20-06-13, 19:48
Can the United Nations do something on our behalf if we ask them?

Rysk
20-06-13, 19:58
WTF!! Every year made us loss millions of dollar.. From tourism to retail business etc
You try to help by contributing some fund.. yet they have the face to say too little..
In fact they must compensate us & not we give the useless one $$ leh :simmering:

Regulators
20-06-13, 20:21
The indo fm said we pointing finger , we don't even need to point any finger , it is so obvious their govt is blardy incompetent :doh:

hopeful
20-06-13, 21:40
alamak, everybody barking up the wrong tree.

all the huge plantations are listed.
what our Singapore government can do is to buy controlling stakes in the listed plantations and then implement zero-burn policies in the companies.

but if you do that, profit would take a small hit though.

so why dont the govt buy controlling stakes in plantation companies?

if not listed, also can buy over.
if not enough money, then buy only plantations in sumatra. no need to buy plantations in kalimantan, sulawesi since they are too far away for haze to travel

Regulators
20-06-13, 22:03
Good point, plus oil palm business is a win win game when the world eventually relies on oil palm as the main renewable energy source
alamak, everybody barking up the wrong tree.

all the huge plantations are listed.
what our Singapore government can do is to buy controlling stakes in the listed plantations and then implement zero-burn policies in the companies.

but if you do that, profit would take a small hit though.

so why dont the govt buy controlling stakes in plantation companies?

if not listed, also can buy over.
if not enough money, then buy only plantations in sumatra. no need to buy plantations in kalimantan, sulawesi since they are too far away for haze to travel

maisonjai
21-06-13, 10:55
PSI up, STI down.

PSI should be reaching 400, visibility is very poor now.

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6uzdZ0ce8m2.R.H2Fy0mzg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD03MjA7cT04NTt3PTQ4MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2013-06-19/5a175b4b-e11a-4842-b639-71a1eeb0d136_cba5eb38-7209-4003-948f-dd77d903f121_IMG-20130619-WA0014.jpg

amk
21-06-13, 11:11
PSI is 400 now

ysyap
21-06-13, 11:41
PSI is 400 nowSo what's next? Reeeeeally bad. Can't breathe properly walking on the streets! Is there gonna be a stop work initiative from the govt?

狮子王
21-06-13, 11:44
PSI is 400 now

No kidding !

p3nboy
21-06-13, 11:44
I remember reading in this forum, someone mention one of the selling point for property in SG is the quality of air as compare to China bla bla....

狮子王
21-06-13, 11:45
PSI is 400 now

Only a few days ago, the view from my home office:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/b52ab2d286a820c1615f299ac8c55815_zpse97eacd0.jpg

Same view now, notice the leaves are turning yellow on the trees outside:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/IMG_0047-haze371psi_zps60ce163b.jpg

ARRRRGRGRGRGGRGRGHHHHHHHHH!!!

hopeful
21-06-13, 11:48
So what's next? Reeeeeally bad. Can't breathe properly walking on the streets! Is there gonna be a stop work initiative from the govt?
right, i have to issue a stop work order to myself, cannot work at night with my spouse.

fertility rate for singapore goes down again.
annual baby production = 40.000
1 week lost baby production = 770
1 month lost baby production = 3330 :scared-4:

狮子王
21-06-13, 12:09
Only a few hours later....Now the outside picture of my home office is like this liao :(

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/IMG_0547-0000_zps759b8955.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/IMG_0546-0001_zps0ec05cd8.jpg

狮子王
21-06-13, 12:17
I hope the tree outside my windows dun die, otherwise it may cost me some expensive money if it falls onto my cars below!

狮子王
21-06-13, 12:19
Oh no ! The haze now is coming into my soundproof room ! I think today I don't trade and hide inside the toilet better la.

Regulators
21-06-13, 12:22
You need to stick three air purifiers in the room, stay in the room with aircon on.

hopeful
21-06-13, 12:27
there is good news for everybody.
i think this year and next year haze will be the worst for singapore.
after that the haze won't be so bad anymore.

why i say that.
1) now the fires are burning in duri, dumai, which is the east coast of Riau, and very near to singapore. so haze travelled only short distance before hitting singapore.
after the 2 years, when no more coastal peat soil left to burn, the haze will be less dense.

2) after the peat soil in duri, dumai are fully planted, planters will move focus more on the inland area of jambi, which is further to singapore. since the haze will have to travel a longer distance, it will be more spread out, so less concentrated.

so just tahan for 2 more seasons of haze and air will be clearer at least for then next 15-20 years, when it is time to clear the area (closest to singapore) for replanting of new palm trees.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
21-06-13, 12:29
"Stop kpkb like kids you people.."

I m high flr room full blast unblocked haze without aircon and choke filled with smoke. Count urselves lucky got ac n purifiers.

狮子王
21-06-13, 12:30
You need to stick three air purifiers in the room, stay in the room with aircon on.

Thanks, good brother Regulators, that is very kind of you. I open my bathroom door to let the air-con in as it is an attached bath. Now I am watching my pet nemo from the dry bathtub:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/IMG_0548_zps62ae1973.jpg

Nemo looks very restless...think it cannot make it liao because it will not be getting any food for a few days !!!!

ysyap
21-06-13, 12:31

why i say that.
1) now the fires are burning in duri, dumai, which is the east coast of Riau, and very near to singapore. so haze travelled only short distance before hitting singapore.
after the 2 years, when no more coastal peat soil left to burn, the haze will be less dense.

2) after the peat soil in duri, dumai are fully planted, planters will move focus more on the inland area of jambi, which is further to singapore. since the haze will have to travel a longer distance, it will be more spread out, so less concentrated.

so just tahan for 2 more seasons of haze and air will be clearer at least for then next 15-20 years, when it is time to clear the area (closest to singapore) for replanting of new palm trees.Agreed... tahan another time... but sometimes really hard to tahan.... no joke man.... was walking on the street at 11am just now. Can feel like choking. I usually very good at tahan and had no problem even at 200, but at 400, even those who can tahan also cannot tahan le... :scared-3:

狮子王
21-06-13, 12:36

why i say that.

so just tahan for 2 more seasons of haze and air will be clearer at least for then next 15-20 years, when it is time to clear the area (closest to singapore) for replanting of new palm trees.

I can breathe better already after reading your post. Thanks, good brother hopeful for the info :)

狮子王
21-06-13, 12:41
"Stop kpkb like kids you people.."

I m high flr room full blast unblocked haze without aircon and choke filled with smoke. Count urselves lucky got ac n purifiers.

I not kpkb la... I got ashma lor , but so far no attack yet leh :(

p3nboy
21-06-13, 12:49

why i say that.

double comfirm?

i plan my holidays for next year.

ysyap
21-06-13, 13:06
double comfirm?

i plan my holidays for next year.Europe tour for entire month of June should do the trick... :spliff2:

ysyap
21-06-13, 13:09
I not kpkb la... I got ashma lor , but so far no attack yet leh :(Air purifier not enough for you. Get your puff ready...

Anyway heard from a biologist that the <2.5 particles are not water soluble so when it enters our nostril easily, escaping the nose hair trap, it stays in our body and over time, potentially cancer causing! :mad:

狮子王
21-06-13, 13:16
Air purifier not enough for you. Get your puff ready...

Anyway heard from a biologist that the <2.5 particles are not water soluble so when it enters our nostril easily, escaping the nose hair trap, it stays in our body and over time, potentially cancer causing! :mad:

Good brothers here all very kind to me. I feel very touched. I have my ventolin ready, brother ysyap :)

ysyap
21-06-13, 13:20
Good brothers here all very kind to me. I feel very touched. I have my ventolin ready, brother ysyap :)Yup.. my kid also using Ventolin but its the liquid pack... Hope the haze will clear up real soon! Worried for the long term health effect...

proud owner
21-06-13, 13:32
govt shud be seeding the cloud soon .... to create rain and at least clear the air a bit ...

but the soiled rain water .... hhhmm better avoid contact with skin ... cud be harmful too

Regulators
21-06-13, 13:35
Since you asthmatic i seriously suggest u get the pure O2 kit. Cost between $300-500
Good brothers here all very kind to me. I feel very touched. I have my ventolin ready, brother ysyap :)

maisonjai
21-06-13, 13:42
now I understand the meaning of 雾锁南佯

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/dt/xml/Warning_Advisory/Haze.gif

azeoprop
21-06-13, 14:34
OMG! Blue Skies spotted in Yishun at 2.30pm today!!

:cheers4:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7282/9097045819_70ccb00b34_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/9097045819/)
DSC00712s (http://www.flickr.com/photos/83477613@N08/9097045819/) by AzeoP (http://www.flickr.com/people/83477613@N08/), on Flickr

princess_morbucks
21-06-13, 14:46
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/corporate-functions/newsroom/news-releases/singapore-attends-emergency-haze-meeting-convened-by-indonesia

Singapore Attends Emergency Haze Meeting Convened By Indonesia

hyenergix
21-06-13, 14:46
Don't be too happy. Maybe wind direction only temporarily changes.

hyenergix
21-06-13, 14:51
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/corporate-functions/newsroom/news-releases/singapore-attends-emergency-haze-meeting-convened-by-indonesia

Singapore Attends Emergency Haze Meeting Convened By Indonesia

Okay, we can continue to enjoy the haze, year after year.

mermaid
21-06-13, 14:53
die from asthma any different die from dengue fever?

got.
dengue most ppl wun die, but wif haze most ppl will die :simmering:

azeoprop
21-06-13, 15:18
Don't be too happy. Maybe wind direction only temporarily changes.

3pm psi plunged to 168 from a high of 401. Hopefully the wind will change direction for good. :not-worthy:

radha08
21-06-13, 16:07
3pm psi plunged to 168 from a high of 401. Hopefully the wind will change direction for good. :not-worthy:

4pm 145 blow wind blow:cheers5:

hyenergix
21-06-13, 16:09

Not all people suffered from this haze ;)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/saga-your-opinion-hospital-profiteering-sale-n95-4263459.html

Rysk
21-06-13, 16:10

Hopefully it keep blowing towards Jakarta.. till the last day of haze

ysyap
21-06-13, 16:28

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/saga-your-opinion-hospital-profiteering-sale-n95-4263459.htmlYup not just sale of mask but air purifier sales is also super good!

ysyap
21-06-13, 16:31

Singapore Attends Emergency Haze Meeting Convened By IndonesiaAfter 5 days of talk talk talk, they are still talking? Report says what the Indo govt plans to do (i.e. increase capacity)... still planning only? :doh:

Btw, to that guy who says Singapore behaves like a child by complaining so much... ask him to stay with us and then hope he kana cancer!!! :tsk-tsk:

Reisor
21-06-13, 16:38
Yup not just sale of mask but air purifier sales is also super good!

just bought one from Best Denki few days ago. Got the Honeywell air purifier after hearing the sales guy out. Simple air cleaning functions without the gimmick and sold to industries requiring clean environment as well. :sleep:

Rysk
21-06-13, 17:01
Tell that guy to compensate us millions & millions of dollar first.. before talk about our help by donating 1 million is too little..

ysyap
21-06-13, 17:09
just bought one from Best Denki few days ago. Got the Honeywell air purifier after hearing the sales guy out. Simple air cleaning functions without the gimmick and sold to industries requiring clean environment as well. :sleep:I bought a Novita last year and good thing its been put to very good use this week. Its actually working overtime now. It was like 8 hours a day in the past but now its like 12 to 15 hours a day... hope it doesn't breakdown from the overuse! ;)

Laguna
21-06-13, 17:24
I searched up and down for N95 today, it is out of stock everywhere. I managed to borrow one piece for my old FIL.

My FIL managed to have last two pieces from SGH today, but small size..
and inhaler is also out of stock at SGH.

N95 is also out of stock in HK now.

There are many coupons sites selling N95 coupons, I doubt very much you can find the stock.

proud owner
21-06-13, 17:33
I searched up and down for N95 today, it is out of stock everywhere. I managed to borrow one piece for my old FIL.

My FIL managed to have last two pieces from SGH today, but small size..
and inhaler is also out of stock at SGH.

N95 is also out of stock in HK now.

There are many coupons sites selling N95 coupons, I doubt very much you can find the stock.

I am told TTSH replenishes N95 every 30 mins

public can buy at $3 a piece

Laguna
21-06-13, 17:38
I am told TTSH replenishes N95 every 30 mins

public can buy at $3 a piece

I just ordered from Qoo10 for $119 - 60 pieces, or $140 include shipping, 3M 8120.

So settled, I have 100 pieces at home.....

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
21-06-13, 18:28
I not kpkb la... I got ashma lor , but so far no attack yet leh :(

Sorry sorry.

Dedicate this nice song to u ok...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duPNQCp-w4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

princess_morbucks
21-06-13, 18:52
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/uns-heyzer-calls-urgent-action-improve-air-quality-20130621

BANGKOK - Urgent action is needed to improve air quality in the region, said Dr Noeleen Heyzer, head of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (Escap).

Her words come as the haze in Indonesia shrouds the region, sending the Pollutant Standards Index in Singapore soaring to record highs even as health concerns force the closing of hundreds of schools in Malaysia.

“The ongoing problem of air pollution between Indonesia and Singapore is symptomatic of a much wider challenge for the countries of Asia and the Pacific,” said Dr Heyzer, the executive secretary of Escap.

“Cross-boundary pollution is politically complex, but it must be urgently addressed.

"We need more effective frameworks to manage ecosystem services, such as air and water, which transcend administrative and political boundaries. These are regional issues which must be tackled at the regional as well as the national and local levels.”

Calling for a sustainable balance in economic development, Dr Heyzer said: "There is little point in investing in health-care systems and ensuring access if, at the same time, the cost of our growth is the destruction of the most basic environmental resources on which human health depends.”

Urban air pollution generated by vehicles, industries, and energy production, causes an estimated 500 000 premature deaths in Asian cities every year, according Escap.

proud owner
21-06-13, 19:02
I just ordered from Qoo10 for $119 - 60 pieces, or $140 include shipping, 3M 8120.

So settled, I have 100 pieces at home.....

cool

my friend bought from distributor in bulk ....

20 for 50
now they raised price to 20 pieces for $ 80

azeoprop
21-06-13, 19:05
cool

20 for 50

趁火打劫! :simmering: :tsk-tsk:

And I thought there is supposed to have a large stockpile of N95 masks for people to use.

proud owner
21-06-13, 19:10

And I thought there is supposed to have a large stockpile of N95 masks for people to use.

cant help it lah

business mah ....

I am sure in every crisis some form of business will do exactly that ..

financial crisis ... buyer placed bid low low ... also considered 趁火打劫

1 can drink costs 1.50 at some food court .. also 趁火打劫

using ABSD to control prices also 趁火打劫 ...

we just have to learn to be prepared ...

Simi
21-06-13, 19:10
cool

20 for 50

What 20 for 50 ?

got it yesterday 20 for S$35

princess_morbucks
21-06-13, 19:15
Heard that the tissue aunties are selling masks now.

proud owner
21-06-13, 19:20
What 20 for 50 ?

got it yesterday 20 for S$35

did u get N95 ?

Simi
21-06-13, 19:34
did u get N95 ?

Yes N95
3M 8210

zzz1
21-06-13, 20:23

a friend of mine make big big bux during SARs time, by ordering containers load of N95...

u can called it 趁火打劫 but it is during crisis then there opportunity..at that time ppl even literally beg him to sell....

as on now, i still have few boxes(bought from him)...goodness it was 10 years ago..

Zile
21-06-13, 20:27
as on now, i still have few boxes(bought from him)...goodness it was 10 years ago..[/QUOTE]

10years ago? No expiry date?

acidic.straw
21-06-13, 21:05
Heard that the tissue aunties are selling masks now.

oh that one be careful...aunties may cut from old bras to sell as masks :D

ysyap
21-06-13, 22:35

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/saga-your-opinion-hospital-profiteering-sale-n95-4263459.htmlForget to add that tourism industry for outgoing tourist is blossoming also. Herds of people are booking last min air fares out of Singapore to avoid the haze. I just checked Tiger and Jetstar all fully booked to go HK. :p

minority
22-06-13, 00:06

When everyone buy 80 or 100. Where got enough to deliver so fast? Sure got people try profit from it.

Right thing to do is dont buy more than what u need.

zzz1
22-06-13, 00:13
as on now, i still have few boxes(bought from him)...goodness it was 10 years ago..

10years ago? No expiry date?[/QUOTE]
Can use la...even during SARS time ' the expired tamiflu that was expired was revalidate and consumed...when come of crisis, anything can be used...

More over it is not for consumption... Even the rubber strip still in good condition...

hyenergix
22-06-13, 06:02
Forget to add that tourism industry for outgoing tourist is blossoming also. Herds of people are booking last min air fares out of Singapore to avoid the haze. I just checked Tiger and Jetstar all fully booked to go HK. :p

Haze only...what if a war is looming? Maybe everyone flies out of Singapore too.

ysyap
22-06-13, 08:20
Haze only...what if a war is looming? Maybe everyone flies out of Singapore too.If war, even the pilots are flying away and not returning... citizens have to swim to safety, towards the fire in Indo to escape (i.e. if we are not attacked by our southern neighbors)! :D

minority
22-06-13, 08:59
Haze only...what if a war is looming? Maybe everyone flies out of Singapore too.

Realized something from the haze we can tell.. people all KS..

ysyap
22-06-13, 12:38
Somebody mentioned that Beijing experiences what we have on a daily basis. R u sure? Check out the following article...

China gauges pollution by measuring particle matter 2.5 micrometers (PM2.5) in diameter. Beijing's highest concentration of PM2.5 over the 24 hours to around noon on Friday was 116 microgram per cubic metre. The highest concentration in Singapore was 278 microgram per cubic metre.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/indonesian-fires-worsen-singapore-smog-sets-record-133942173.html

狮子王
22-06-13, 14:45
WOW ! Did Indonesia just done a successful weather changing action plan by seeding the rain as they mentioned 2 days ago ?

The haze outside my windows is completely gone ! Impressive Technology !

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/b52ab2d286a820c1615f299ac8c55815_zpse97eacd0.jpg

ysyap
22-06-13, 15:21
Yup... psi 122 now and we are so happy... looking forward to 50 soon (I hope)...

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
23-06-13, 09:08
Somebody mentioned that Beijing experiences what we have on a daily basis. R u sure? Check out the following article...

China gauges pollution by measuring particle matter 2.5 micrometers (PM2.5) in diameter. Beijing's highest concentration of PM2.5 over the 24 hours to around noon on Friday was 116 microgram per cubic metre. The highest concentration in Singapore was 278 microgram per cubic metre.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/indonesian-fires-worsen-singapore-smog-sets-record-133942173.html

It varies greatly, even hour to hour.

https://twitter.com/BeijingAir

azeoprop
23-06-13, 10:08
WOW ! Did Indonesia just done a successful weather changing action plan by seeding the rain as they mentioned 2 days ago ?

The haze outside my windows is completely gone ! Impressive Technology !

More due to nature than the efforts of the Indonesian government. The slight change in the winds to south west has shifted the haze away from Singapore for now. The haze patch seems to be heading to KL instead. :p

minority
23-06-13, 10:20
now malaysia is in smog. malaca for example. was there yesterday. all smog.

CondoWE
23-06-13, 11:03

10years ago? No expiry date?

Here I found from the web....

The shelf life of 3M N95 respirators is 3 years from the date of manufacture if stored and transported under the following conditions:
1. Original packaging
2. Storage conditions between 4şC to 50şC
3. Relative Humidity not exceeding 90%
4. Packaging and all contents must remain dry, stored away from direct sunlight

To check on the expiry date of the respirator, please refer to the Lot Number printed on the respirator (click here for an example). If the Lot Number shows a number LOWER than XXXXX, the respirator is expired. http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/en_SG/WW/3MResponse/

kane
23-06-13, 11:57
the material is bound to degrade under high humidity conditions.

ysyap
24-06-13, 07:48
Yup... psi 122 now and we are so happy... looking forward to 50 soon (I hope)...Yipee... psi @ 47 at 7am this morning...

CondoWE
24-06-13, 09:30
What is the healthy PM2.5 range like?

august
24-06-13, 16:47
the 3-hr PSI reading creeping up again...

princess_morbucks
24-06-13, 16:55
http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/the-haze-singapore/story/haze-update-malaysia-singapore-should-know-themselves-says-in

By Zakir Hussain, Indonesia Bureau Chief In Jakarta
An Indonesian minister has said Singapore and Malaysia should "know themselves" (tahu diri) over the haze, accusing both of trying to discredit Indonesia over the issue.

"Let me remind our friends from Malaysia, Singapore, don't just because of the haze, tell stories to the world," Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Jero Wacik said on Monday when opening a meeting of senior energy officials from Asean countries in Nusa Dua, Bali.

"It's called sharing, you go through good times together, don't make noise to the world when things go bad. It's just like husband and wife, don't take your quarrel outside," he added.

His comments, carried on several local media outlets, came as Antara news agency reported the haze situation worsening over Dumai, Riau province, on Monday morning, with several local residents thinking of evacuating to areas with cleaner air.

On Saturday, Antara also reported that the government was wary of some parties trying to carry out a "black campaign" to take advantage of the haze situation to discredit Indonesia globally.

Both Malaysia and Singapore officials have offered help to their Indonesian counterparts, but Indonesia has yet to respond.

However, Coordinating Minister for People's Welfare Agung Laksono last week said Indonesia did not need help, adding that Singapore was "acting like a child" over the haze.

On Monday, Mr Jero also told reporters that both Malaysia and Singapore had made much profit from Indonesia all this while, news website merdeka.com reported.

But they were now trying to discredit Indonesia when they should help, he said, citing how Malaysia had benefited from bilateral cooperation with Indonesia, including electricity imports from Indonesia.

Likewise, he said, Singapore had benefited from Indonesia's gas supply as well as the large number of Indonesian tourists visiting Singapore.

Both countries should sit together to resolve the problem without making a big deal of it to the world, he added.

Moreover, there are indications Malaysian companies are involved in burning to clear land, he said.

And if this is true, both countries' image will be tarnished globally, he added.

"Neighbours shouldn't work together where things are good, but blame one another when they are bad," he said.

The Indonesian government, he said, was also doing its utmost to put out the fires.

On Monday, local media also reported police in Rokan Hilir, Riau, arresting two individuals alleged to have started large fires on their land, which rapidly spread to neighbouring areas.

ysyap
24-06-13, 17:35
Honestly we don't need to tell everybody what's going on. The world have eyes to see and read our local news. 'Husband and wife'? Pardon? Who husband and wife? ASEAN has 10 countries, so that makes us XXXX XXXX...?

minority
24-06-13, 19:54
Funny haze come from Indo don't find Indo find who? Law are enforced in Indo too.. The quality of the leadership there are a joke.

princess_morbucks
24-06-13, 23:01
http://www.todayonline.com/world/asia/indonesias-yudhoyono-apologises-haze

JAKARTA — Indonesia’s President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has apologised to Singapore and Malaysia for record-bad pollution caused by forest fires in his country.

Jakarta dispatched planes and helicopters last week to battle the fires in Riau province on Sumatra island, where the smoke easily drifts across the sea to the two neighboring countries.

Dr Yudhoyono issued an official apology to Singaporea and Malaysia at a news conference. He asked for their understanding, and said Indonesia is responsible and working hard to fight the fires, which are often set by farmers to clear fields.

Malaysian declared emergency status yesterday in a district where the haze triggered one of the country’s worst pollution levels, while Singapore has urged people to remain indoors due to “hazardous” levels of pollution. AP

Autumnwinds
25-06-13, 00:16
Finally our dear friend ahbangyoudontknow has decided to come out.

rymccondo77
25-06-13, 00:39
The timing of the apology is important for the Indonesian President - don't think he can just immediately apologise to Singapore.

Interestingly, I went to a business seminar this afternoon on doing business in Indonesia (majority of the speakers are Indonesians). During the opening remarks by an Indonesian speaker (from the Indonesian govt if I am not mistaken) - almost the first thing the speaker said was to apologise to us about the haze.

CondoInterested
25-06-13, 00:49
The timing of the apology is important for the Indonesian President - don't think he can just immediately apologise to Singapore.

Interestingly, I went to a business seminar this afternoon on doing business in Indonesia (majority of the speakers are Indonesians). During the opening remarks by an Indonesian speaker (from the Indonesian govt if I am not mistaken) - almost the first thing the speaker said was to apologise to us about the haze.Because the seminar is in Singapore, right?

ysyap
25-06-13, 08:34
At least they are beginning to take ownership of their country's fire and stop blaming others or try to deflect attention from themselves by talking about child behavior or too little cash...

hopeful
25-06-13, 08:51
http://www.todayonline.com/world/asia/indonesias-yudhoyono-apologises-haze

JAKARTA — Indonesia’s President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has apologised to Singapore and Malaysia for record-bad pollution caused by forest fires in his country.

1) this SBY is no longer running for presidency in 2015 (due to term limits).
if he is running, he won't apologise since he will be attacked by his opponents for apologising to small red dot and small brother.

2) i hearsay that our govt is prepared to seize SBY's (and family) secret bank accounts here. so SBY LL no choice to apologise and tell his cabinet members to stop saying spore is childish.

azeoprop
25-06-13, 09:57
Now is KL's turn to be badly affected. Port Klang API reaches 487. Wonder if there will be another emergency meeting, this time between Malaysia and Indonesia. :beats-me-man:

http://my.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-haze--air-pollutant-index--api--005640692.html

Rysk
25-06-13, 10:06
When S'pore complaint.. that guy told us don't behave like a kid..
Now KL also kena & complant.. they quickly apologized..

KNN!! See us small country can bully is it!! :mad:

zzz1
25-06-13, 11:26
1) this SBY is no longer running for presidency in 2015 (due to term limits).
if he is running, he won't apologise since he will be attacked by his opponents for apologising to small red dot and small brother.

2) i hearsay that our govt is prepared to seize SBY's (and family) secret bank accounts here. so SBY LL no choice to apologise and tell his cabinet members to stop saying spore is childish.
SBY have KPK under his direct commissioning, and even a bass guitar (pak jokowi) had to return it.

Sure he has secret account?

hopeful
25-06-13, 11:35
SBY have KPK under his direct commissioning, and even a bass guitar (pak jokowi) had to return it.

Sure he has secret account?

who is boss of KPK? SBY. so can KPK investigate SBY?
who is boss of CPIB? our PM. so can CPIB investigate our PM?

i very much doubt suharto would ever apologise to lky or dr m.

zzz1
25-06-13, 11:43
who is boss of KPK? SBY. so can KPK investigate SBY?
who is boss of CPIB? our PM. so can CPIB investigate our PM?

i very much doubt suharto would ever apologise to lky or dr m.

Suharto called lky Mas...meaning brotherhood don apologies...
Do we still enjoy the brotherhood?

hopeful
25-06-13, 15:11
Suharto called lky Mas...meaning brotherhood don apologies...
Do we still enjoy the brotherhood?

you are so funny (unintentionally).
when people called for waiter, they called out "Mas".

zzz1
25-06-13, 15:54
you are so funny (unintentionally).
when people called for waiter, they called out "Mas".
Haha.. That right..

Better not called it. Waitress don call out cewek..

CondoWE
25-06-13, 15:59
Jurong West raining liao.......hopefully it's reduce the haze further... :cheers6:!

zzz1
25-06-13, 16:06
Jurong West raining liao.......hopefully it's reduce the haze further..... :cheers6:!
For the first time , I hope it rain in Sumatra...

rymccondo77
25-06-13, 16:10
And now there is hail raining down !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owdu1nUjxNM

august
25-06-13, 16:19
wow very very strong wind and super heavy rain... climate gone mad!

Laguna
25-06-13, 16:28
Park your car in covered car park

azeoprop
25-06-13, 16:53

Most probably caused by their clouds seeding efforts, the clouds have grown over-sized to support hail reaching the ground. :D

zzz1
25-06-13, 17:05

Goodness... is hot and dry over at batam now...

azeoprop
25-06-13, 17:28
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/941703_588066191238552_2118573701_n.jpg

:D :rolleyes:

狮子王
25-06-13, 20:22
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/941703_588066191238552_2118573701_n.jpg

:D :rolleyes:

Heard on CNA that most likely it is a Natural cause leh and not cloud seeding.

ysyap
25-06-13, 21:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owdu1nUjxNMWill cloud seeding cause hail?

CondoWE
26-06-13, 09:31
See what the hailstorm has done to my car's sunroof....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/jameshong_2006/Sunroofcracked_zps4e17c103.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/jameshong_2006/media/Sunroofcracked_zps4e17c103.jpg.html)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/jameshong_2006/SC1_zps3103c268.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/jameshong_2006/media/SC1_zps3103c268.jpg.html)

zzz1
26-06-13, 10:05
Have you manage to check on your insurance policy on this replacement?
Understand some do not covers. .

Btw, the shattered pattern look nice... (joking)

hopeful
26-06-13, 10:12
See what the hailstorm has done to my car's sunroof....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !

how come only sunroof is affected?
how about front windscreen and the rearscreen?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
26-06-13, 15:07
Condowe sell your photos to ST and recoup part of the cost. Provide an interview also.

Faster remove from here before people repost.

CondoWE
26-06-13, 15:35
Have you manage to check on your insurance policy on this replacement?
Understand some do not covers. .

Btw, the shattered pattern look nice... (joking)

The adviser from the car agent said should not be any problem from claim insurance so he is helping on this but part has to wait for 2~3wks :banghead: !

btw, he told me that the cost of replacing the sunroof is almost the same as the front wind screen :doh: !

how come only sunroof is affected?
how about front windscreen and the rearscreen?

Adviser said the impact on the sunroof is stronger compare to the front and rear screen :rolleyes: !

CondoWE
26-06-13, 15:39
Condowe sell your photos to ST and recoup part of the cost. Provide an interview also.

Faster remove from here before people repost.

hahaha...hearsay only 50~100 nia :scared-3: . And I really can't afford to waste my time on this type of interview :simmering: .

ysyap
26-06-13, 15:59
The adviser from the car agent said should not be any problem from claim insurance so he is helping on this but part has to wait for 2~3wks :banghead: !

btw, he told me that the cost of replacing the sunroof is almost the same as the front wind screen :doh: !

Adviser said the impact on the sunroof is stronger compare to the front and rear screen :rolleyes: !Should be covered by all insurance companies but some companies might have an excess!!! The other time I reversed my MPV into the railings in a MSC and smashed the rear windscreen. Replaced it completely free! Hope you will have no problem. But 2 to 3 wks is abit too much. Can call insurance company directly and not go through the car dealer. Might be faster. I know of workshops that deals solely with windscreens only and they will do the insurance processes for you very quickly.

azeoprop
26-06-13, 16:38
Don't forget to buy 4D. :p

princess_morbucks
26-06-13, 17:00
Car with sunroof has a higher insurance premium compared to one without sunroof of the similar model, so the sunroof should be insured as well.

But hailstones are considered an Act of God/ nature, so hope that there is no exclusion clause in your insurance.

In the meantime, hope Condowe, you will be able to rent a car and claim the rental costs? Are you insured for that as well?

CondoWE
26-06-13, 20:02
Car with sunroof has a higher insurance premium compared to one without sunroof of the similar model, so the sunroof should be insured as well.

But hailstones are considered an Act of God/ nature, so hope that there is no exclusion clause in your insurance.

In the meantime, hope Condowe, you will be able to rent a car and claim the rental costs? Are you insured for that as well?

No. The adviser helps me to seal the sunroof with plastic cover so no rain will leak in so meantime, wait for the part to arrive lo.

CondoWE
26-06-13, 20:09
Should be covered by all insurance companies but some companies might have an excess!!! The other time I reversed my MPV into the railings in a MSC and smashed the rear windscreen. Replaced it completely free! Hope you will have no problem. But 2 to 3 wks is abit too much. Can call insurance company directly and not go through the car dealer. Might be faster. I know of workshops that deals solely with windscreens only and they will do the insurance processes for you very quickly.

2-3 weeks is waiting for the sunroof glass as the adviser told me they rarely change so no stock in the warehouse. For insurance claim, the adviser told me should be no problem and the process time is 1~2 days nia ..:D !

princess_morbucks
26-06-13, 20:30
No. The adviser helps me to seal the sunroof with plastic cover so no rain will leak in so meantime, wait for the part to arrive lo.

You can't drive the car in the meantime, right?
Would be good if you can park it in a covered carpark.

ysyap
26-06-13, 20:51
2-3 weeks is waiting for the sunroof glass as the adviser told me they rarely change so no stock in the warehouse. For insurance claim, the adviser told me should be no problem and the process time is 1~2 days nia ..:D !You can go to the specialist workshop who deals with windscreens only. They might have stocks so no need to wait 3 weeks. No harm trying. :cheers5:

ysyap
26-06-13, 20:53
You can't drive the car in the meantime, right?
Would be good if you can park it in a covered carpark.Can still drive if proper adhesive is attached to keep the shattered pieces in tack. I drove my vehicle around with my rear view windscreen shattered for about 1.5 weeks. Can see from rear view mirror. Just using side view mirrors...

princess_morbucks
26-06-13, 21:00
Can still drive if proper adhesive is attached to keep the shattered pieces in tack. I drove my vehicle around with my rear view windscreen shattered for about 1.5 weeks. Can see from rear view mirror. Just using side view mirrors...

But the sunscreen is on top of the head.
Isn't it scary that it might drop or shatter?

zzz1
26-06-13, 22:17
Isn't it scary that it might drop or shatter?
Is a laminate glass with plastic, they why it is shatter proof ..
But it should be change asap.

radha08
27-06-13, 08:02
my wife friend husband just bought this car and she gave my wife a lift the other day with the top down after the haze had cleared....:banghead: ..my wife came back and told me about it and in a sad way i dunno to feel happy the haze is cleared or sad that i driving a sardine can(toyota vios):banghead:

this the car my wife sat when haze had cleared...:o

http://www.caranddriving.com/images/new/big/audia5cabriolet0409.jpg?id=listers

radha08
27-06-13, 08:04

wah bro sorry to hear that next time sea-esta can park underground...no hail stone...:o

ysyap
27-06-13, 08:20
Isn't it scary that it might drop or shatter?They can always use a plastic or something to hold on to the debris should they fall if the car does not have the sunroof door to shut it. :)

ysyap
27-06-13, 08:22
my wife friend husband just bought this car and she gave my wife a lift the other day with the top down after the haze had cleared....:banghead: ..my wife came back and told me about it and in a sad way i dunno to feel happy the haze is cleared or sad that i driving a sardine can(toyota vios):banghead:

http://www.caranddriving.com/images/new/big/audia5cabriolet0409.jpg?id=listersWell, when I compare, I don't think of what I am losing out by not having what others have. Rather, I am dreaming of enjoying it should I ever get it, even when the possibility of owning it is so so slim. :cheers6:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
27-06-13, 08:26
Envy is one of the 7 sins.

zzz1
27-06-13, 12:42

http://www.caranddriving.com/images/new/big/audia5cabriolet0409.jpg?id=listers
is topless....

bro, envy not, for it is just a machine..it would be other wise if is a lady..

ysyap
27-06-13, 13:57
is topless....

bro, envy not, for it is just a machine..it would be other wise if is a lady..Yup his ears will be pulled out by his wife... ;)

mcmlxxvi
20-08-13, 12:26
3hr psi is 50

风云再起 (wind cloud again rise) indeed