PDA

View Full Version : Freak election result, Shaken confidence

Pages : [1] 2

leesg123
27-01-13, 08:10
The punggol election has proven mr lky right. if i am shaken by this, i am sure foreign investor will to. Could this punggol election be the beginning of singapore swan song?

I feel v lucky to have vested in overseas property. If the next ge the young proves to vote by sentiments, it will be goodbye singapore.

How could one expect to have everything, without doing anything? Crap.

roly8
27-01-13, 08:17
The punggol election has proven mr lky right. if i am shaken by this, i am sure foreign investor will to. Could this punggol election be the beginning of singapore swan song?

I feel v lucky to have vested in overseas property. If the next ge the young proves to vote by sentiments, it will be goodbye singapore.

which country?

phantom_opera
27-01-13, 09:18
Why the result is freak?? Young voters are more informed online, look at what dr Koh said:

Everyone has a car, my wife and I each own one

Sounds like one mil is one peanut

No wonder wp wins by a peanut

Ricade
27-01-13, 09:19
KL.. If I'm not wrong st Mary.. Good choice :)

newbie11
27-01-13, 09:37
St Mary is swee...

roly8
27-01-13, 09:48
Why the result is freak?? Young voters are more informed online, look at what dr Koh said:

say until so easy...:beats-me-man:

buttercarp
27-01-13, 09:50

Today, I don't agree with bro ghost.

What's wrong with owning a car or 2 cars if you can afford it.
Life is more meaningful if you can enjoy what you reap.

phantom_opera
27-01-13, 09:57

The problem is he said everyone has a car, many voters there are young middle class who can't afford even Coe

He might mean in his top echelon, everyone has a car

Put your shoes into a family earning 7kpm trying to raise a baby needing a car now

ecimbew
27-01-13, 09:58

Point is the voters' profile in Punggol east SMC. Many green eyes around.

Owning 1 car is not easy. If your monthly salary is only 3k, 1/3 of your salary goes to the loan monthly repayment. Then if you give your parents 500, and then repay Uni loan 200, car insurance, income tax, fuel expenses, entertainment, etc. 3k a month is not enough.

That's provided this person is single and has no gf/bf. And living with parents.

DC33_2008
27-01-13, 10:02
Look forward to the release of the white paper on population and budget. :D

buttercarp
27-01-13, 10:04
The problem is he said everyone has a car, many voters there are young middle class who can't afford even Coe

Put your shoes into a family earning 7kpm trying to raise a baby needing a car now

Oops... I missed that one.
I searched and watched the youtube clip already after you mentioned it.

Ya, why he said that?
I think it was a slip of the tongue and perhaps he meant most people that he knows own a car.
It's difficult being a politician........

phantom_opera
27-01-13, 10:20
Now u know why the sudden announcement of cross island line linking punngol east to amk and airport? Alas 18y young family already lkk

august
27-01-13, 10:25
I am surprised and pleased with the by-election result. :D

Confidence shaken? sure, if u belong to the white camp.

DC33_2008
27-01-13, 10:25
Sudden annoucement of more sheltered walkway too. :rolleyes:
Now u know why the sudden announcement of cross island line linking punngol east to amk and airport? Alas 18y young family already lkk

RCT
27-01-13, 10:26
Oops... I missed that one.
I searched and watched the youtube clip already after you mentioned it.

Ya, why he said that?
I think it was a slip of the tongue and perhaps he meant most people that he knows own a car.
It's difficult being a politician........

To me it just show he is not smart.... As politician, you must know what to say in what type of situation.. And think of what will happen after you say that.. To me, have a car is nothing.. but to say that in a election campaign is brainless... I don't want a brainless MP.. Next time he go and say rubbish in an international level how?

roly8
27-01-13, 10:28
Look forward to the release of the white paper on population and budget. :D

care to share your opinion on the report will be like?

:o

RCT
27-01-13, 10:32
I am surprised and pleased with the by-election result. :D

Confidence shaken? sure, if u belong to the white camp.

I feel it is another wake up called for the white camp.. expect surprised in the white paper for population... For DBS to mention 7 million population target before this election is to test water.. See if the people reacted well to this... But it seems that the vote have already given the white a warning.. If we really go to 7 million target, expect more GRC and SMC goes to the WP.. Let wait and see the white paper and budget in Feb..

But the result really surprised me.... PAP lose by around 10%.. That is really a lot...

RCT
27-01-13, 10:36
care to share your opinion on the report will be like?

:o

I feel the population target maybe lower.. What you all think? I don't know why we need so much people for what... It is really getting too crowd in Singapore now.. On weekends, you can see people sitting along the roadside drinking and eating.. MRT is super crowded... Shopping mall is super crowded... Now Singapore is a developed nation so we are all talking about quality of life.. If you have work in other country, you will know our quality of life sucks. High standard of living but poor quality of life...

phantom_opera
27-01-13, 10:37
The hdb bto priority scheme is so obvious for new SCs who parachuted in
The hdb single scheme is also obviously political for 2016 election when singles get their keys lol

Next is subsidy for COE? Waiving maid levy? Higher childcare subsidy?

buttercarp
27-01-13, 10:48

:) ...... La Fiesta is also going to have one.

DC33_2008
27-01-13, 10:48
It is the rate of increase in the last couple of years and not just the target of 7 million.
I feel the population target maybe lower.. What you all think? I don't know why we need so much people for what... It is really getting too crowd in Singapore now.. On weekends, you can see people sitting along the roadside drinking and eating.. MRT is super crowded... Shopping mall is super crowded... Now Singapore is a developed nation so we are all talking about quality of life.. If you have work in other country, you will know our quality of life sucks. High standard of living but poor quality of life...

hovivi
27-01-13, 10:49

I thought what he meant was everyone in his family has a car ( husband and wife) and some how his words were twisted

buttercarp
27-01-13, 10:55
I thought what he meant was everyone in his family has a car ( husband and wife) and some how his words were twisted

The video clip only show part of it.
Don't know what were they discussing before that.

Yup, I agree with you that he might be saying that everyone in his family has a car.

It is difficult being a politician ........

azeoprop
27-01-13, 11:03
Oh dear, I need more FT to rent my flat.... :p

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:04

it is his mindset and mentality that has gone wrong. he is a successful professional, nobody disputes that. but can he emphathise with the common ground?

politically sensitive topic, must tread carefully, even tho he was quoted out of context, it was the wrong topic nevertheless. big mistake by newbie. this is just like vivian balakrishnan talking about the $3/$5 meal in hawker or food court or whatever.

circumstances surrounding tis election also not in PAP's favour. the so called clean and elite screwed up. wat's the point of sending another elite? pple have had enuff of the elite. most pple will give the alternative a chance. PAP's rhetoric of voting for upgrading also not applicable here, see the rivervale plaza issue. furthermore, PAP also under-estimated and sent a newbie. assuming regulations allow, say they sent teo ser luck, i believe PAP would have won.

whether this is the beginning of the slippery slope downwards, still early to say.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:10

indeed, he was quoted out of context. like i say, politician is like actor/actress. every single thing u say to media will be quoted out of context. you need to have political sensitivity. our good doc is better off practising. let's not waste his talent.

radha08
27-01-13, 11:14

bro i bought my toyota vios left 2 years to scrap for $15k...2 years time i scrap get back $10k..where got expensive...BUT if people want hi-class car or NEW car what to do...pay $$$$...dont blame govt/coe....its all about your expectation...i also have one suzuki last year bought at $17k....next year scrap also get back about $10k...ok what 2-cars...recently i just sold my honda jazz left 3 years for 23k...when i bought my vios...can LA bro..but people want merc/bmw sorry cannot help you...:D:D:D

ecimbew
27-01-13, 11:17
it is his mindset and mentality that has gone wrong. he is a successful professional, nobody disputes that. but can he emphathise with the common ground?

politically sensitive topic, must tread carefully, even tho he was quoted out of context, it was the wrong topic nevertheless. big mistake by newbie. this is just like vivian balakrishnan talking about the $3/$5 meal in hawker or food court or whatever.

circumstances surrounding tis election also not in PAP's favour. the so called clean and elite screwed up. wat's the point of sending another elite? pple have had enuff of the elite. most pple will give the alternative a chance. PAP's rhetoric of voting for upgrading also not applicable here, see the rivervale plaza issue. furthermore, PAP also under-estimated and sent a newbie. assuming regulations allow, say they sent teo ser luck, i believe PAP would have won.

whether this is the beginning of the slippery slope downwards, still early to say.

Back to the Cow's $8 bypass surgery incident. I can confirm plus chop that such an operation doesn't cost $8. The poorest has to pay $15,000 after subsidies.

Rosy
27-01-13, 11:18
bro i bought my toyota vios left 2 years to scrap for $15k...2 years time i scrap get back $10k..where got expensive...BUT if people want hi-class car or NEW car what to do...pay $$$$...dont blame govt/coe....its all about your expectation...i also have one suzuki last year bought at $17k....next year scrap also get back about $10k...ok what 2-cars...recently i just sold my honda jazz left 3 years for 23k...when i bought my vios...can LA bro..but people want merc/bmw sorry cannot help you...:D:D:D
Vios parf value so high? You have a keen eye on old cars. I bought one old car last time and alot of parts needs to be replaced which cost 3-4k just to drive for another 2.5years.

ecimbew
27-01-13, 11:19

Your cars depreciation rates are crazy. Why waste money?

thomastansb
27-01-13, 11:20
No choice. Nowadays people want to have 5k COE and they will complain about jam everyday. The funny thing is they want every family have a car. Are they kidding me? They want 1.5 million cars on the road? Current 500k cars already push beyond limit already.

And if Gov. make HDB 100k, they will complain they can't get 50k COV or sell at 600k.

Anyway, I believe these idiots will still complain for whatever small reason they can find. If they think oppositions can do better, I really think they are daft. I don't see any feasible suggestions from opposition at all. Only some small "this goes without saying" suggestions. Ask them how to solve car problem, they will be clueless as well.

Rosy
27-01-13, 11:21
Your cars depreciation rates are crazy. Why waste money?
2years lose 5k only for the vios.

leesg123
27-01-13, 11:26
Young couple wants to buy car, complain expensive. Car made cheap, everyone gpt car, complain traffic jam.

Young couple want to have baby, but say childcare cost expensive, healthcare expensive. Yet got many travel two times a year, upgrade to latest hp every year, dine at restaurant once a week.

Complain many jobs kena snatch, yet want to do jobs tat is relaxing and high pay. Where to find such job for everyone?

Complain property expensive, yet want to buy high floor, mature estate, mrt next door etc. if just start out and want to aim so high of course hit wall lah.

In summary, the new generation expects everything swee swee for them, at cheap cheap price (best is foc), yet want to lepak. Pls find such a country for me and o will migrate there. Only place i can think of is Heaven.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:30

bro, you good. you and me.. so similar. hahahhaa....

i also thinking abt downgrading my car. my car can sell now for $12k/year depre, tinking of getting a 7-yr old car for $6k/year depre.

leesg123
27-01-13, 11:31
No choice. Nowadays people want to have 5k COE and they will complain about jam everyday. The funny thing is they want every family have a car. Are they kidding me? They want 1.5 million cars on the road? Current 500k cars already push beyond limit already.

And if Gov. make HDB 100k, they will complain they can't get 50k COV or sell at 600k.

Anyway, I believe these idiots will still complain for whatever small reason they can find. If they think oppositions can do better, I really think they are daft. I don't see any feasible suggestions from opposition at all. Only some small "this goes without saying" suggestions. Ask them how to solve car problem, they will be clueless as well.
Bro, exact same sentiments here.

I would like to urge PM Lee to let WP run the transport and MND ministries. See if they can bring down car price without causing jams, bring down property price without costing thwm losing their parliamentary seats.

Rosy
PAP partly to be blamed for 'producing' such young citizens then.

Shanhz
Back to the Cow's $8 bypass surgery incident. I can confirm plus chop that such an operation doesn't cost $8. The poorest has to pay $15,000 after subsidies.

the difference is that cow can afford insurance cow-cow. so indeed he paid $8. but pple living on the edge cannot afford the luxury of insurance. so they dun buy. that's why they kenah $15k.

conclusion: cow's not wrong. pple also not wrong. who's fault?

taggy
27-01-13, 11:35
Young couple wants to buy car, complain expensive. Car made cheap, everyone gpt car, complain traffic jam.

Young couple want to have baby, but say childcare cost expensive, healthcare expensive. Yet got many travel two times a year, upgrade to latest hp every year, dine at restaurant once a week.

Complain many jobs kena snatch, yet want to do jobs tat is relaxing and high pay. Where to find such job for everyone?

Complain property expensive, yet want to buy high floor, mature estate, mrt next door etc. if just start out and want to aim so high of course hit wall lah.

In summary, the new generation expects everything swee swee for them, at cheap cheap price (best is foc), yet want to lepak. Pls find such a country for me and o will migrate there. Only place i can think of is Heaven.

wait some quote gross national happiness index (bhutan) again :D

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:35

agree too. a friend recently congratulated me for joining the ranks of "the rich". ie: 2nd ppty owner. then he said, not many pple like me. so oppo will win big.

my response is: i am just a normal worker. the difference is, i dun Q for latest iphone 5, i buy samsung s2 after the s3 come out. save $300. i buy 2nd hand car instead of new car. save 30k (nowadays even more). i send my kids to normal childcare and not $1000/mth childcare. and i dun take bi-annual holidays. no branded goods for wife and myself. din even get a diamond wedding ring, just a cheapo platinum one. when i bought my first HDB, we only spend $1,200 on renovation then we moved in. i wear a 2nd hand tag heuer. and the list goes on.

so.... if i can buy 2nd ppty.. everybody also can right? :D

Regulators
27-01-13, 11:38
I know some people earning $200k a year but very stingy with themselves, do you fall into that category?

agree too. a friend recently congratulated me for joining the ranks of "the rich". ie: 2nd ppty owner. then he said, not many pple like me. so oppo will win big.

my response is: i am just a normal worker. the difference is, i dun Q for latest iphone 5, i buy samsung s2 after the s3 come out. save $300. i buy 2nd hand car instead of new car. save 30k (nowadays even more). i send my kids to normal childcare and not $1000/mth childcare. and i dun take bi-annual holidays. no branded goods for wife and myself. din even get a diamond wedding ring, just a cheapo platinum one. when i bought my first HDB, we only spend $1,200 on renovation then we moved in. i wear a 2nd hand tag heuer. and the list goes on.

leesg123
27-01-13, 11:39

Yup, i agree with you. The issue is they who complain has gotten their priorities all wrong.

Regulators
27-01-13, 11:42
you are spreading a baseless myth, are you in the grassroots? :doh:

thomastansb
27-01-13, 11:42
But in Singapore, how many are living on the edge? Yesterday, 55% voted opposition. I think less than 1% are on the edge and we know punggol are mostly middle classes.

the difference is that cow can afford insurance cow-cow. so indeed he paid $8. but pple living on the edge cannot afford the luxury of insurance. so they dun buy. that's why they kenah $15k.

conclusion: cow's not wrong. pple also not wrong. who's fault?

leesg123
27-01-13, 11:43
PAP partly to be blamed for 'producing' such young citizens then.
Yup, giving them the education, comfort, security and internet access with no ban on politics. Somehow it made them weak and yearn for me without lifting a finger.

Therefore, if the government is smart enough, they will be more aggresive in the population expansion this round so that can replace the weak generations. And votes os as well as more votes for next GE. This is called Boh Pian.

Rosy
27-01-13, 11:44
I know some people earning $200k a year but very stingy with themselves, do you fall into that category?
He is not really stingy. I wear casio instead of 2nd hand tag huer.

Thrifty and stingy are different.

leesg123
27-01-13, 11:45
you are spreading a baseless myth, are you in the grassroots? :doh:
No, not grassroot, just an ordinary middle class citizena. I am a hardworking employee, no time for politics. What i know is I owe myself and my family a living. Not the gov. To me gov is to ensure country is save, provide good education and infrastructure.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:45

wah trick question... trying to find out my salary.
dun like that leh...

DC33_2008
27-01-13, 11:47
What do you mean by stingy? Any example?

leesg123
27-01-13, 11:49
If an ordinary person like me already feel uneasy abput the election result, what more the fpreogn investors? Not talking about property investors, those mncs that use singapore aa a base for the region. FDI sure affected, then have to dig into reserve. Who pay? The next next generation will be in deep s***

yowetan
27-01-13, 11:51

Hi...what is your properties profile now? Could you share? TIA.

Regulators
27-01-13, 11:52
Our country's infrastructure started from raffles days and our geographical location almost certain led us towards success and prosperity, and the forefathers that built singapore is not just lky fyi. our country to got to where we are today thru the collective effort of everyone, our evolution is not the effort of one man, remember this, so don't give all credit to one party, it is very dangerous for democracy

No, not grassroot, just an ordinary middle class citizena. I am a hardworking employee, no time for politics. What i know is I owe myself and my family a living. Not the gov. To me gov is to ensure country is save, provide good education and infrastructure.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 11:52
Hi...what is your properties profile now? Could you share? TIA.

one HDB, one OCR PC

yowetan
27-01-13, 11:56
one HDB, one OCR PC

Hi...good to know you have succeed.

Could you share more , i.e.

1) HDB flat and your private condominium size? Are the two units fully paid for etc? If not, what's the loan profile like?
2) Household income
3) Car/no car
4) Kids if any? Schooling etc?
5) Commitment/liabilities

You can just provide a range. Thanks once again.

Regulators
27-01-13, 11:57
for this guy, he seldom eats in restaurants, always looking for tze char food, rationale is the standard of the food almost the same and he does not need to pay plus plus. He can easily afford a normal plate car but instead chose to save that $17k and go for a weekend car.

GIG
27-01-13, 11:59

Sorry, this island cannot accomodate people who desire more cars,
You want more car, please migtrate to other countries,
Or else prepare to pay more & more taxes, which
Its ultimate goal is to prevent you to have more cars.
This country space resource is not for you alone. This is
A fact.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:00
for this guy, he seldom eats in restaurants, always looking for tze char food, rationale is the standard of the food almost the same and he does not need to pay plus plus. He can easily afford a normal plate car but instead chose to save that $17k and go for a weekend car.
Is this stingy? By owning a car is not stingy already.

Should save more money and stay healthier by cooking at home.

Stingy would means refuse to turn on aircon at night even when weather is hot and humid.

zzz1
27-01-13, 12:00

an example of stingy:
some pple pocket very very deep, but both hands very short. too short to the extend that unable to help other and themselve.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:02
an example of stingy:
some pple pocket very very deep, but both hands very short. too short to the extend that unable to help other and themselve.
Yes. I have seen rich parents refuse to pay for their children university school fees.

Doom
27-01-13, 12:03
The signs are there. The tide is irreversible. S'pore will evolve into a two-party system. Who's to say that this will not be for the best? The new generation is no more subservient. They stand up for Singapore but they also stand up for authenticity, integrity and fairplay. Recently, we read in the media about so-and-so (Minister, Speaker, MPs) living in HDB flats. Well, they are a tiny minority among the elite - and who's to say they don't own foreign prioperties and private properties in S'pore? When you are authentic, people can tell. No point faking it. If you have to try too hard, then it's not authentic. This by-election is another wake-up call!

Regulators
27-01-13, 12:04
car is necessity for them coz he has a family to ferry around on weekends.

Is this stingy? By owning a car is not stingy already.

Should save more money and stay healthier by cooking at home.

Stingy would means refuse to turn on aircon at night even when weather is hot and humid.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:07
The signs are there. The tide is irreversible. S'pore will evolve into a two-party system. Who's to say that this will not be for the best? The new generation is no more subservient. They stand up for Singapore but they also stand up for authenticity, integrity and fairplay. Recently, we read in the media about so-and-so (Minister, Speaker, MPs) living in HDB flats. Well, they are a tiny minority among the elite - and who's to say they don't own foreign prioperties and private properties in S'pore? When you are authentic, people can tell. No point faking it. If you have to try too hard, then it's not authentic. This by-election is another wake-up call!
So you are trying to say ministers cannot be rich?

Regulators
27-01-13, 12:10
They can be rich, but not at the expense of public funds. If they are rich from their own business, they can consider themselves self-made and that is fine. If an ordinary minister (unknown to the world) gets paid more than obama for doing 1/1000 of what obama does, then something is very wrong.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:11
They can be rich, but not at the expense of public funds. If they are rich from their own business, they can consider themselves self-made and that is fine. If an ordinary minister (unknown to the world) gets paid more than obama for doing 1/1000 of what obama does, then something is very wrong.
This is not what i gather from that comment.

august

http://www.greenbookblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

buttercarp

Yup bro.... I agree with you on your method!
That's what I told my hubby that when it is time to scrap his car, if COE is still high, either do what you do, ie buy old old about to scrap car and drive for a year or 2, then wait and see the market rate.

Or splurge on a new car, drive for 1 year then sell and buy a new one, so as to minimize on the depreciation per year, ie provided the COE remains high or go higher.

yowetan
27-01-13, 12:13
That's what I told my hubby that when it is time to scrap his car, if COE is still high, either do what you do, ie buy old old about to scrap car and drive for a year or 2, then wait and see the market rate.

Or splurge on a new car, drive for 1 year then sell and buy a new one, so as to minimize on the depreciation per year, ie provided the COE remains high or go higher.

The second method doesn't sound wise based on calculation.

Doom
27-01-13, 12:14
No they can be rich. They can be qualified. But thew rich and the highly qualified don't always resonate and empathise with people. So the PAP try and downplay welath and qualifications. But it has to be real. WP's Lee Li Lian barely passed PSLE, went to Poly after O levels. Png Eng Huat also something like that. And many others too . . . maybe their humble background makes them able to connect with bread and butter issues and with heartlanders. So when the PAP tries and go down this route, to act humble and meagre, well, it just doesn't work. Unless it's true. It needs to be real and authentic.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:16
No they can be rich. They can be qualified. But thew rich and the highly qualified don't always resonate and empathise with people. So the PAP try and downplay welath and qualifications. But it has to be real. WP's Lee Li Lian barely passed PSLE, went to Poly after O levels. Png Eng Huat also something like that. And many others too . . . maybe their humble background makes them able to connect with bread and butter issues and with heartlanders. So when the PAP tries and go down this route, to act humble and meagre, well, it just doesn't work. Unless it's true. It needs to be real and authentic.
Your words are contradicting.

RCT
27-01-13, 12:16
car is necessity for them coz he has a family to ferry around on weekends.

Stingy and being rich is too different idea totally.. Please do not stingy = poor...

Stingy means one want to get the best out of his money..

If you eat at hawker center you need $5/- but when you eat the same food at restaurant you will need $20/-. So how will you spend? But does not mean eating at hawker center mean poor right? Let time I study I eat hawker center.. Now I am working I also eat hawker center.. Even as my pay increase, I still eat in hawker center.... Do it mean I am stingy? I don't feel so as I feel it is more value for money to eat in hawker center..

zzz1
27-01-13, 12:17
Yes. I have seen rich parents refuse to pay for their children university school fees.

Isit??
some parent use CPF to pay and later childern got to return back....

ichigo55
It's proven .. ESP from so much discussed on the net ... The current gen of people have great resentment for success and wealth ... Whether or not its through hard work or opportunities ... It doesn't matter to them as they are not part of the circle ... This is really dangerous going forward ...

Doom
You mean contradictory?

In what way?

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:19
Isit??
Real life examples.

Regulators
27-01-13, 12:20
To add, Koh Poh Koon should know that after having trained for donkey years in medical school, his talent would be an utter waste in politics. Singapore is always facing a shortage of specialists, so it is definitely a wrong move to have people of these professions in politics.

Simi
27-01-13, 12:20
Bro, exact same sentiments here.

I would like to urge PM Lee to let WP run the transport and MND ministries. See if they can bring down car price without causing jams, bring down property price without costing thwm losing their parliamentary seats.

Wont be surprised if they can

S&C has already been down since taking over Aljunied Hougang Town Council

MND ?
AIM saga will become an INVESTIGATION instead of a review

Then again
will PM Lee allows that ?

RCT
27-01-13, 12:21

I agree that minister can eat big money.. but if you screw up, you have to be sack.. agree?

ecimbew
27-01-13, 12:22
He is not really stingy. I wear casio instead of 2nd hand tag huer.

Thrifty and stingy are different.

My hand phone double up as a watch. Stingy?

evergreen
27-01-13, 12:23
PAP lost = confidence shaken?? :confused:
People are more knowledgeable now and they want sustainable growth with the growth benefiting all Singaporeans. I think there will be improvement now that the PAP lost 1 seat.

Isit??
Parent can submit a waiver to CPF so that the children don't have to return the money. I don't see anything wrong with the children paying the parents back. I insisted on paying my dad back the money because it only took me a year to save it but it took him years to earn it.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:23
To add, Koh Poh Koon should know that after having trained for donkey years in medical school, his talent would be an utter waste in politics. Singapore is always facing a shortage of specialists, so it is definitely a wrong move to have people of these professions in politics.
Interesting. So which kind of profession is considered dispensable?

Becoming MP is a complete waste? Serving the nation is a waste?

ecimbew
27-01-13, 12:24

Doctors after serving the bond will prefer a less hectic pace.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:25
My hand phone double up as a watch. Stingy?
Exactly. Stingy is being used loosely.

Doom
27-01-13, 12:26
You're right. And they try hard to connect. Too hard it becomes unbelievable. He says after he and his wife bought their first flat, they realised they were only left with $11.50. Now . . . a doctor married to another doctor, and they only have $11.50! They have lost touch with reality or they think Singaporeans are so naive.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:27
I do not see politics is less hectic.

In fact every move and words will be subjected to public critics.

Simi
27-01-13, 12:28
Yup, i agree with you. The issue is they who complain has gotten their priorities all wrong.

They who do not complain blame all the Opposition Parties in Singapore

They who do not complain say Let the MIW works in peace
They believe the MIW so much so that these men in white can "Fly Sky Drill Earth" talk until got "Dragon and Phoenix"

Regulators
27-01-13, 12:34
Are you asking because you really don't know? anyone with a degree with a decent character can sit in parliament to air views, but not everyone that is decent with a degree can remove a cancerous tumour from someone's colon.

Interesting. So which kind of profession is considered dispensable?

ecimbew
27-01-13, 12:38

You are right. It's like attending to them at clinics. The difference is the pain is amplified by media and public scrutiny.

Regulators
27-01-13, 12:40
the rule is simple, say the right thing or say nothing. that applies to private as well as public office.

leesg123
27-01-13, 12:42
I am heartened to also know that WP's Mr Low said this:
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/low-dont-take-election-result-sign-future-trend-20130127
Mr Low said this was why he had taken pains to stress to voters the role the WP is able to play at this stage in its development. The party is "not ready" to form an alternative government and come up with a full set of alternative policies yet, he said.
What the WP can and will do is to point out problems in existing policies and offer policy suggestions, said Mr Low. He believes Singapore has a "competent government" but it can do better and "tilt" policy directions, such as in alleviating cost of living pressures on Singaporeans.

Salute to him as he is also aware of the possibility of a freak election in the next GE. I hope that the other leaders within the WP also share similar stand.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:43
Are you asking because you really don't know? anyone with a degree with a decent character can sit in parliament to air views, but not everyone that is decent with a degree can remove a cancerous tumour from someone's colon.
U did not answer directly and omitted some.

Rosy
27-01-13, 12:47
the rule is simple, say the right thing or say nothing. that applies to private as well as public office.
Same apply to public forum.

Doom
27-01-13, 12:50
To substantiate the earlier points, quotes from an analyst which I just came across:

"Ïn the past, winning an election was straightforward . . . the PAP picked highly educated professionals, ex civil servants, generals – the elite – people that the PAP believed the electorate would look up to. Never mind if he never served in the grassroots, or had any presence in the constituency. If the PAP said he was the elite and the best person for the job, the electorate believed them. Now ‘elite’ is a bad word.

In the past, one would never have imagined that a PAP candidate, a surgeon that the Prime Minister himself promised is destined for higher office, would lose an election to what the older generation would have thought of as a ‘less qualified’ candidate. In the past, one would never have imagined that the Prime Minister could turn up for an election rally, give it his all, and STILL lose the election."

taggy
27-01-13, 12:53
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/low-dont-take-election-result-sign-future-trend-20130127
Mr Low said this was why he had taken pains to stress to voters the role the WP is able to play at this stage in its development. The party is "not ready" to form an alternative government and come up with a full set of alternative policies yet, he said.
What the WP can and will do is to point out problems in existing policies and offer policy suggestions, said Mr Low. He believes Singapore has a "competent government" but it can do better and "tilt" policy directions, such as in alleviating cost of living pressures on Singaporeans.

Salute to him as he is also aware of the possibility of a freak election in the next GE. I hope that the other leaders within the WP also share similar stand.

Let's see if Wp will contest every available smc and grc in 2016 :rolleyes:

Regulators
27-01-13, 12:55
I would coin the new generation as the zuckerberg generation. This generation does not believe that wealth and success is determined by strong academic grades, just as zuckerberg dropped out of harvard. they believe that with the right heart and passion, success can be achieved equally.

To substantiate the earlier points, quotes from an analyst which I just came across:

"Ïn the past, winning an election was straightforward . . . the PAP picked highly educated professionals, ex civil servants, generals – the elite – people that the PAP believed the electorate would look up to. Never mind if he never served in the grassroots, or had any presence in the constituency. If the PAP said he was the elite and the best person for the job, the electorate believed them. Now ‘elite’ is a bad word.

In the past, one would never have imagined that a PAP candidate, a surgeon that the Prime Minister himself promised is destined for higher office, would lose an election to what the older generation would have thought of as a ‘less qualified’ candidate. In the past, one would never have imagined that the Prime Minister could turn up for an election rally, give it his all, and STILL lose the election."

Shanhz
27-01-13, 13:00

dun tink MP/minister as compared to doctor. any less hectiic wor. and no privacy. doctor make $$$ can buy many cars, nobody will say anything. minister make alot of $$ also cannot drive exx cars. it's like "dirty money", splurge already kenah scrutinise.

i for one will rather remain as doctor.

Doom
27-01-13, 13:01
Exactly, The problem for the ruling party is that those with heart and passion gravitate towards the Opposition these days. So the ruling party ends up with scholars, surgeons, military men etc who have the qualifications but have not gone through the baptism of fire, and may lack the conviction, the heart and the passion. The road ahead is not going to be easy. George Yeo was right when he said the PAP needs to re-invent itself. But how? At what cost?

I would coin the new generation as the zuckerberg generation. This generation does not believe that wealth and success is determined by strong academic grades, just as zuckerberg dropped out of harvard. they believe that with the right heart and passion, success can be achieved equally.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 13:03

i dun consider this stingy leh. i drive a normal car becoz my workplace is inaccessible. if it is few min walk fr mrt ,i will convert my car to OPC and take mrt instead.

i also eat mostly in hawker and food court. my standard of "restaurant" = food>$10 per head. i cannot recall the last time i paid $30 or more for a meal per head. serious. probably during courting time, which is donkey years ago.

Regulators
27-01-13, 13:03
if a doctor operates and the patient dies, he is open to lawsuits from families. A thousand and one things can go wrong in an operation and the consent form signed by patients does not negate the doctor's liability. you want yourself to be opened to negligence lawsuits when things go wrong?

dun tink MP/minister as compared to doctor. any less hectiic wor. and no privacy. doctor make $$$ can buy many cars, nobody will say anything. minister make alot of $$ also cannot drive exx cars. it's like "dirty money", splurge already kenah scrutinise.

i for one will rather remain as doctor.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 13:10
if a doctor operates and the patient dies, he is open to lawsuits from families. A thousand and one things can go wrong in an operation and the consent form signed by patients does not negate the doctor's liability. you want yourself to be opened to negligence lawsuits when things go wrong?

tell me which doctor in sgp has been successfully sued for negligence before. i can't quite rem, but i know there aren't many.

so r u telling me that many docs rather not be doc because they are afraid of being sued? doc/specialist training takes up to 10 years+. a waste right? esp their degree not cheap and during housemanship, 36 hour shift. very tough leh.

once you become specialist, you can slow down your life and be selective about what you do. that is the time to reap the benefits of all the hard work. why give it up?

anyway, we are talking about hectic/not hectic. not abt professional risk.

leesg123
27-01-13, 13:12
I would coin the new generation as the zuckerberg generation. This generation does not believe that wealth and success is determined by strong academic grades, just as zuckerberg dropped out of harvard. they believe that with the right heart and passion, success can be achieved equally.That is why we have the dot com boom and bust. Zuckerberg already has the intellect and he would have graduated from harvard anyway. but how many of our new generation has that kind of intellect? the new generation are internet savvy, not CREATOR! Zuckerberg is a CREATOR, that is the difference.

leesg123
27-01-13, 13:13
i dun consider this stingy leh. i drive a normal car becoz my workplace is inaccessible. if it is few min walk fr mrt ,i will convert my car to OPC and take mrt instead.

i also eat mostly in hawker and food court. my standard of "restaurant" = food>$10 per head. i cannot recall the last time i paid $30 or more for a meal per head. serious. probably during courting time, which is donkey years ago.i am same as you bro. some people just dont get it. Thrifty and stingy are two different concept. likewise spendthrift and generous are also two different concept.

Simi
27-01-13, 13:19

As much as I discount what MIW promises

I will also discount this LTK's statement

It would be suicidal if he declares that WP is going to take over the government

Freak election ?
only to the man in Green and and the one in Yellow

in fact the man in Yellow was completely Freaked out last night !
and he got no army to call upon

Regulators
27-01-13, 13:19
http://medicallicenseverification.com/2010/12/31/singapore-hospital-doctor-sued-over-teens-death/

http://medicallicenseverification.com/2011/06/30/singapore-anaesthetist-sued-for-negligence/

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/man-coma-after-clinic-procedure-wife-sues-specialist-20121022

http://singaporelegaladvice.com/my-doctor-botched-my-operationsurgerytreatmentlasik-can-i-sue-my-doctor/

http://medicallicenseverification.com/2012/05/18/singapore-eye-doctor-settles-medical-negligence-case-out-of-court/

http://www.singaporelawreview.org/2009/11/nuh-liable-for-causing-kidney-donor%E2%80%99s-death/

tell me which doctor in sgp has been successfully sued for negligence before. i can't quite rem, but i know there aren't many.

so r u telling me that many docs rather not be doc because they are afraid of being sued? doc/specialist training takes up to 10 years+. a waste right? esp their degree not cheap and during housemanship, 36 hour shift. very tough leh.

once you become specialist, you can slow down your life and be selective about what you do. that is the time to reap the benefits of all the hard work. why give it up?

anyway, we are talking about hectic/not hectic. not abt professional risk.

Shanhz
27-01-13, 13:28
http://medicallicenseverification.com/2010/12/31/singapore-hospital-doctor-sued-over-teens-death/

http://medicallicenseverification.com/2011/06/30/singapore-anaesthetist-sued-for-negligence/

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/man-coma-after-clinic-procedure-wife-sues-specialist-20121022

http://singaporelegaladvice.com/my-doctor-botched-my-operationsurgerytreatmentlasik-can-i-sue-my-doctor/

http://medicallicenseverification.com/2012/05/18/singapore-eye-doctor-settles-medical-negligence-case-out-of-court/

http://www.singaporelawreview.org/2009/11/nuh-liable-for-causing-kidney-donor%E2%80%99s-death/

thanks for taking time to pick out the links.

yowetan
27-01-13, 13:35
thanks for taking time to pick out the links.

Hi...could you share more of your financial background as posted in one of my posts?

Thanks.

Lovelle
27-01-13, 13:51

one of my frens , only 25 making big bucks as an agent. Can't qualify for EC but keep asking people to support WP to press government to keep property price down so that he can buy a condo facing MBS and on high floor..

supermax
27-01-13, 13:53
KL.. If I'm not wrong st Mary.. Good choice :)

The acess road is horrible.You better check who was the developer before:tsk-tsk:

Shanhz
27-01-13, 13:56
Hi...could you share more of your financial background as posted in one of my posts?

Thanks.

hi, think it's not necessary to share too much of my financial background, whether publicly or via PM. and i dun intend to. perhaps what i will share is my hdb and car fully paid. my pc is my only debt. loan 80% with buffer cash 10% as standby. servicing of PC using part HDB rental and part CPF + small cash component. mthly household income got 5 digit.

i am aware of your situation. don't need to compare with others how they achieve their dreams. do your numbers and if they make sense, just go ahead. think too much no use.

everybody takes a risk, whatever they do with their money. risk free would be cash in fixed dep. i took some risks too. how much or how little is really dependent on individual.

yowetan
27-01-13, 14:01
hi, think it's not necessary to share too much of my financial background, whether publicly or via PM. and i dun intend to. perhaps what i will share is my hdb and car fully paid. my pc is my only debt. loan 80% with buffer cash 10% as standby. servicing of PC using part HDB rental and part CPF + small cash component. mthly household income got 5 digit.

i am aware of your situation. don't need to compare with others how they achieve their dreams. do your numbers and if they make sense, just go ahead. think too much no use.

everybody takes a risk, whatever they do with their money. risk free would be cash in fixed dep. i took some risks too. how much or how little is really dependent on individual.

Hi...Thanks for revealing so much.

I am just making a reference benchmark; profiling and due to the recent CM, it somehow impact my downpayment amount.

Being said that, good to learn you are safe and doing well now.

star
27-01-13, 14:10
That is why we have the dot com boom and bust. Zuckerberg already has the intellect and he would have graduated from harvard anyway. but how many of our new generation has that kind of intellect? the new generation are internet savvy, not CREATOR! Zuckerberg is a CREATOR, that is the difference.

Hi leesg123, i totally agree with u on all the views. Someone just don't get it. I think he got a lock nut or loose screw in his head.

radha08
27-01-13, 14:15
Vios parf value so high? You have a keen eye on old cars. I bought one old car last time and alot of parts needs to be replaced which cost 3-4k just to drive for another 2.5years.

i own more than 10 cars over past 20 years...i got my licence in 1980s...everything there is to know about cars i know...i already pay my tution fees...:cheers1:...so now just enjoy the RIDE:D:D:D

but agree with you old cars a bit dangerous if you dont know how to see the signs...of wear/tear:cool:

Another plus point of buying old car which are cheap i no need take loan..save a lot of $$$...no agreement fees..no interest...no early settlement penalty and all that crap..

radha08
27-01-13, 14:21

no choice la for middle class people like me this is survival...:banghead:...if got $$$$...i straightaway buy 3-series...anyway...BOTTOMLINE my wife is happy with what we got so thats the MOST important thing although she was a bit upset when i sold her jazz to buy her a vios but i told her u must learn to drive a car with backside like vios so next time i can buy u 3-series then she happy...whahahahahah...woman...:D:D:D:cheers1:

radha08
27-01-13, 14:24

:cheers5:...similar as me...:cheers5:...except i got EXTRA income as part time ah-long runner...whahahaha...:D:D:D...JOKE:cheers5:

leesg123
27-01-13, 14:30
The acess road is horrible.You better check who was the developer before:tsk-tsk:Mine is at an enclave 5 mins walk to twin towers. rented out since day 1.

radha08
27-01-13, 14:31
Mine is at an enclave 5 mins walk to twin towers. rented out since day 1.
malaysia BOLEH:D:D:D

ecimbew
27-01-13, 15:20

Thanks.

Hi Yowetan, can you share and summarise your financial background and what property you own thus far?

moneytalk
27-01-13, 15:28
Even if the PM offers the transport and MND ministries to the opposition to run, I think the opposition will decline.
The opposition prefers a supervisory and easier task, like making "the government work harder," and get paid handsomely for it too.

fiat500
27-01-13, 16:37
Marc residences most likely?

joeteo
27-01-13, 16:53
indeed, he was quoted out of context. like i say, politician is like actor/actress. every single thing u say to media will be quoted out of context. you need to have political sensitivity. our good doc is better off practising. let's not waste his talent.

quoted out of context? State-control media report one de okay. sabo own camp? i dont think so. Tat reporter writes as said... I recall he said having 2 cars since both himself and wife are professional.. lolz. if really quoted out of context tat is really a big stone drooping on own foot :cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

joeteo
27-01-13, 16:57
The hdb single scheme is also obviously political for 2016 election when singles get their keys lol

2 hands up agree on the new SC parachute program:tongue3: . How many ppl u know have kiddo and still live with parents w/o. this group of local SC are rare-er then rare :scared-3: :confused: :scared-5:

zzz1
27-01-13, 16:58
PAP lost = confidence shaken?? :confused:
People are more knowledgeable now and they want sustainable growth with the growth benefiting all Singaporeans. I think there will be improvement now that the PAP lost 1 seat.

Parent can submit a waiver to CPF so that the children don't have to return the money. I don't see anything wrong with the children paying the parents back. I insisted on paying my dad back the money because it only took me a year to save it but it took him years to earn it.

yeap...nothing wrong .

focus
27-01-13, 17:13

Yes.. Maybe it is time to rethink. Doing more with less by Ngiam Dow Tong.
http://gintai.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/singapore-must-achieve-more-with-less-by-ngiam-tong-dow/http://gintai.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/singapore-must-achieve-more-with-less-by-ngiam-tong-dow/

focus
27-01-13, 17:42
http://www.greenbookblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

LOL/// Any bigger and you might have to take a full page advertisment in the straits time..

sgbuyer
27-01-13, 21:36
By the time population reaches 7 million, assuming that 100k of the new comers are ultra high net worth, each car 10 yr old COE will cost $500k. I wonder what will you say by then?

:cool:

Sam88
27-01-13, 21:59
By the time population reaches 7 million, assuming that 100k of the new comers are ultra high net worth, each car 10 yr old COE will cost $500k. I wonder what will you say by then?

don't worry, it won't happen. :D :spliff2:

Brands in various sectors, such as Bentley, Maybach, and Rolls-Royce in motoring, actively target UHNWI and HNWI to sell their products. Figures gathered by Rolls-Royce suggest there are 80,000 people around the world with disposable income of more than $20 million.[19] They have, on average, eight cars and three or four homes. Three-quarters own a jet aircraft and most have a yacht.

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-net-worth_individual#World.E2.80.99s_Wealth_Report_2009

Wild Falcon
27-01-13, 22:03
This BE results has no impact on investor confidence. Don't be frightened by the usual scare tactics. In any, it tells the whole world Singaporeans are no longer yes men and meek people with no brains. Do you know other countries always look down upon us as a bunch of sheep with no courage and "just follow law" blindly? I think it makes the world sit up and notice that Singaporeans are no longer meek and dare to make a difference. And seriously, in recent years, some of the WP candidates are superior to PAP. I think Chen Show Mao or Sylvia Lim or Pritam Singh is superior to the likes to Tin Pei Ling and Teo Ser Luck. In fact, if PAP continues to recruit people like Tin Pei Ling, that is when investor confidence will be really shaken. Even this doctor Koh came across as insincere and a liar. I don't think anyone believes his sob stories on how poor he was and how he used $11 to buy a part of chopsticks. His $11 chopsticks just show how out of touch he is with the ground. Chopsticks can be bought for only $1 is you are that poor.

Wild Falcon
27-01-13, 22:07
Who will say no to a Minsiter position? MP only earn $15 a month. Ministers are paid millions. I am sure some of the opposition party members are minister material - but PM will NEVER offer the position to them because some may outshine him.

Even if the PM offers the transport and MND ministries to the opposition to run, I think the opposition will decline.
The opposition prefers a supervisory and easier task, like making "the government work harder," and get paid handsomely for it too.

sgbuyer
27-01-13, 23:00
don't worry, it won't happen. :D :spliff2:

Brands in various sectors, such as Bentley, Maybach, and Rolls-Royce in motoring, actively target UHNWI and HNWI to sell their products. Figures gathered by Rolls-Royce suggest there are 80,000 people around the world with disposable income of more than $20 million.[19] They have, on average, eight cars and three or four homes. Three-quarters own a jet aircraft and most have a yacht.

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-net-worth_individual#World.E2.80.99s_Wealth_Report_2009

I don't think you need people with disposable income of more than $20m to afford a $500k COE.

Come on, what is $500k? Even ikan bilis hawker kawan that makes only $2k a month made $500k. ;)

Allthepies
28-01-13, 02:43

Once again the poster of this statement is misrepresenting DR koh. He only say everyone in his family has a car, he never say every Singaporeans has a car. :doh: :doh:

If our young voters are so naive, without even verifying the source and start to believe, seriously Singapore will be easily surpass....

eng81157
28-01-13, 10:05
Who will say no to a Minsiter position? MP only earn $15 a month. Ministers are paid millions. I am sure some of the opposition party members are minister material - but PM will NEVER offer the position to them because some may outshine him.

MP allowance is in the range of $10k/month, not $15

moneytalk
28-01-13, 10:15
I am sure some of the opposition party members are minister material - but PM will NEVER offer the position to them because some may outshine him.
Interesting...please name them so that we can take more notice.

Shanhz
28-01-13, 10:28
MP allowance is in the range of $10k/month, not $15

i think MP allowance is currently $16k

rymccondo77
28-01-13, 11:26

Low Thia Kiang, Sylvia Lim, Chen Show Mao? Get them to work in the Ministry of Manpower / Ministry of National Development ??

Shanhz
28-01-13, 11:30
Low Thia Kiang, Sylvia Lim, Chen Show Mao? Get them to work in the Ministry of Manpower / Ministry of National Development ??

chen show mao can go ministry of law. he looks nicer than the current one.

eng81157
28-01-13, 11:57
i think MP allowance is currently $16k

who wouldn't want to be MP? take photo, shake hands, don't-use-conscience-and-brains-just-vote-along-party-line, attend ceremonies, flirt with grassroot members, retain day job, and yet still get $16k monthly allowance.

Regulators
28-01-13, 12:07
Kenneth j has better credentials than majority of the ministers in parliament. if guys like lawrence Wong n halimah yacob can be minister material, I think many ppl can.

jacelynchia
28-01-13, 12:09
Kenneth j has better credentials than majority of the ministers in parliament. if guys like lawrence Wong n halimah yacob can be minister material, I think many ppl can.

Your statement made me burst into laughter but isn't halimah yacob minister material?

eng81157
28-01-13, 12:12

credentials aside, he's a nutcase - crossing swords with caution thrown to the wind. made a major mistake, in my opinion, in competing in PE, since he has always toiled the grounds in western part of the island.

now with the rubbish showing, he has all but expended whatever political capital and sure, will find it tough to attract the likes of Dr Ang Yong Guan or Dr Tambiah to join the party

Regulators
28-01-13, 12:13
by the ruling party's n your definition maybe
Your statement made me burst into laughter but isn't halimah yacob minister material?

Regulators
28-01-13, 12:18
he may be wrong for running in the BE, but based on credentials, he is not inferior to any of the pap ministers. pappies used to criticise opposition for having lack of talent, but that is not the case today.
credentials aside, he's a nutcase - crossing swords with caution thrown to the wind. made a major mistake, in my opinion, in competing in PE, since he has always toiled the grounds in western part of the island.

now with the rubbish showing, he has all but expended whatever political capital and sure, will find it tough to attract the likes of Dr Ang Yong Guan or Dr Tambiah to join the party

Regulators
28-01-13, 12:31
here is halimah yacob for you :doh:

http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/01/26/rebutting-mp-halimah-yacob-on-her-parliamentary-comments/

minority
28-01-13, 12:32

There are many who miss the growth hoping for a reset. but I dont think they will like it when they see it.

minority
28-01-13, 12:35

Now is the presumed rich is sin and poor is good. the David verse goliath , the robbin hood n the evil sheriff.

Everyone likes a story. It feels good to be perceived as righteous. Frankly do the people want to have beggars running the country so they feel better?

who knows ? we are like now going to be like bollywood all want a good show. regardless of reality.

minority
28-01-13, 12:36

Do we all need a car? thats my question?

jacelynchia
28-01-13, 12:39
here is halimah yacob for you :doh:

http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/01/26/rebutting-mp-halimah-yacob-on-her-parliamentary-comments/

What is this website? How come it takes so long to load?

There is one comment below: Halimah is starting to become useless & corrupted ever since she became MOS. She had sold her soul to the devil.
Majority of the PAP MP are really non-talented, useless and like licking FamiLEE balls.
If Halimah want to be obedient and don’t care about Singaporean. She SHALL join “the obedient wives club”, with her calibre and link to PAP, she wil surely be the Chairwoman of the club.

Thanks for sharing, I always have a laugh reading comments like these.:D

minority
28-01-13, 12:40
Point is the voters' profile in Punggol east SMC. Many green eyes around.

Owning 1 car is not easy. If your monthly salary is only 3k, 1/3 of your salary goes to the loan monthly repayment. Then if you give your parents 500, and then repay Uni loan 200, car insurance, income tax, fuel expenses, entertainment, etc. 3k a month is not enough.

That's provided this person is single and has no gf/bf. And living with parents.

When I started work in the 80s. I have a colleague who's pay is 1200 pm. He die die must have a car. after servicing a loan of 750pm. not much left. He can starve or eat bread. but his car must on time go servicing. my pt is it necessary? Coz he dont need a car to work actually.

I really question is that necessary? Afterall when I grew up my parents dont have a car. My aunts / uncles dont too. not till the later part of my teens then I see them get cars as economically get better. Also public transport then is not fantastic too. n people have many kids. 2-4 etc.

My pt is we are more comfortable today. expectation are much higher. but something have to be reasonable. if its not car will be no time. etc. there are many excuse. To me unless its a hand to mouth issue its a non issue. Work for it.!

minority
28-01-13, 12:43

more sheltered nation ;) :p :p :p

Regulators
28-01-13, 12:44
this is a purely elitist way of thinking. looking at your ideology, I think you have wasted all your years reciting the Singapore pledge. I don't think you even understand what it means. so to you people who fight for democracy in Singapore are beggars n people who submit to autocratic rule deserve to be rewarded? what a warped ideology you have :doh:
Now is the presumed rich is sin and poor is good. the David verse goliath , the robbin hood n the evil sheriff.

Everyone likes a story. It feels good to be perceived as righteous. Frankly do the people want to have beggars running the country so they feel better?

who knows ? we are like now going to be like bollywood all want a good show. regardless of reality.

minority
28-01-13, 12:44

Dont twist the priority scheme. There are a population of single parents here lobbying for housing to.

its just so unbelievable these days every single policy are twisted to something sinister.

Tats so sad.

I think the government should cut all this subsidy crap. its not helping the nation with a subsidy mentality. Who will pay for this moving forward in the yrs to come.

The young would have to pay. and come a day if the subsidy cannot be sustained and have to be taken away. The population would have been hooked on this subsidy drug so long and will cry foul.

minority
28-01-13, 12:48
this is a purely elitist way of thinking. looking at your ideology, I think you have wasted all your years reciting the Singapore pledge. I don't think you even understand what it means. so to you people who fight for democracy in Singapore are beggars n people who submit to autocratic rule deserve to be rewarded? what a warped ideology you have :doh:

Well I am just echoing what u guys are saying. All those on the top are elitist. so wat u want? Persived poorness to be humbled?

focus on the work not some who is so call elitist who is not. Talk abt myophic.

minority
28-01-13, 12:50
seems like now adays everyone want to run the country behind the the keyboard. maybe suggest every citizen be a minster? all policies are put to public vote?

minority
28-01-13, 12:52

Then dont drive loh. in HK , Manhattan or Toyko not many people drive.

Regulators
28-01-13, 12:54
so people are waking up to the elitist ideology sold by the ruling party to the ppl all these years, which is why an ordinary curtin grad stands out more than an elite surgeon. aren't you happy we had that change since you agree the miw at the top are elitist? why are you then cursing democracy fighters as beggars?
Well I am just echoing what u guys are saying. All those on the top are elitist. so wat u want? Persived poorness to be humbled?

focus on the work not some who is so call elitist who is not. Talk abt myophic.

minority
28-01-13, 13:00
so people are waking up to the elitist ideology sold by the ruling party to the ppl all these years, which is why an ordinary curtin grad stands out more than an elite surgeon. aren't you happy we had that change since you agree the miw at the top are elitist? why are you then cursing democracy fighters as beggars?

did I say people are beggars? I am only saying u consider the people on the top as being elitist. When this batch of folks get there they will be consider as elitist. So for ur analogy that elitist is bad. then should it be beggars or perceived poor then can be good there?

If you want to feel that way I cant help it. my pt is regardless of the folks background that is not the basis of judgement of their achievement.

Its seem like its so easy today to say oh they elite mah. they better mah. Never occurred those folks also crawled their way up there ? And have to continue to perform to stay there?

I guess the solution for u is socialism all same wear green. But hoot! The guy on top is greener then the rest too.

minority
28-01-13, 13:08

hows rent collection in malaysia? heard can be troublesome.

anyway KL price all go up a fair bit already. similar to everywhere in asia.

minority
28-01-13, 13:09

Its always easy to be the arm chair critic. Come to do real work all have many excuse.

Regulators
28-01-13, 13:09
you should look at how the miw mocked at opposition members in the past based on credentials alone, not achievements.

my pt is regardless of the folks background that is not the basis of judgement of their achievement.

minority
28-01-13, 13:14
2 hands up agree on the new SC parachute program:tongue3: . How many ppl u know have kiddo and still live with parents w/o. this group of local SC are rare-er then rare :scared-3: :confused: :scared-5:

if u look at the national census

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/popn/population2012b.pdf

page iv.

if you look at the divorce rate. Assuming that 50% have kids.. that is 3000 parents a yr that need housing of single parent with kid.

So i feel this do address a certain sector of the population needs.

Shanhz
28-01-13, 13:15
he may be wrong for running in the BE, but based on credentials, he is not inferior to any of the pap ministers. pappies used to criticise opposition for having lack of talent, but that is not the case today.

anyway, if we wanna discuss credentials, i believe chen show mao is smarter than LHL. and has better credentials.

minority
28-01-13, 13:18
you should look at how the miw mocked at opposition members in the past based on credentials alone, not achievements.

coz there where no achievement in the first place. Who say climbing up will be easy.? everyone have to fight for it.

like all startup. u mean we owe eveyone a chance?

If you have a heart surgery would u give a new green surgeon chance? just becoz u want to help him so give chance?

eng81157
28-01-13, 13:22
Dont twist the priority scheme. There are a population of single parents here lobbying for housing to.

its just so unbelievable these days every single policy are twisted to something sinister.

Tats so sad.

I think the government should cut all this subsidy crap. its not helping the nation with a subsidy mentality. Who will pay for this moving forward in the yrs to come.

The young would have to pay. and come a day if the subsidy cannot be sustained and have to be taken away. The population would have been hooked on this subsidy drug so long and will cry foul.

who will pay?? the same folks who are paying for the billions lost in botched investments made by GIC and Temasek.

nobody is asking to have welfare doled out to anyone in the streets.

leftfield
28-01-13, 13:23
If you have a heart surgery would u give a new green surgeon chance? just becoz u want to help him so give chance?

I wld prefer the experienced surgeon to do it but no harm having a younger more inexperienced one with sharp eyes to to remind him.

No one is expecting the opposition to run the country today, however, that doesn't mean everyone likes the way the country is run. Ruling with the head and not with your heart is not healthy in the long run. :doh:

eng81157
28-01-13, 13:25
coz there where no achievement in the first place. Who say climbing up will be easy.? everyone have to fight for it.

the playing field is not level. i doubt you interacted with aspiring medical students or lawyers who were denied an interview with the selection panel in NUS - why? only some positions are opened to general public, while a good number reserved for those with connections

minority
28-01-13, 13:25
I wld prefer the experienced surgeon to do it but no harm having a younger more inexperienced one with sharp eyes to to remind him.

No one is expecting the opposition to run the country today, however, that doesn't mean everyone likes the way the country is run. Ruling with the head and not with your heart is not healthy in the long run. :doh:

I hope the experience surgeon dont get slap or punched while stitching up ur heart ;)

eng81157
28-01-13, 13:26

so, why is the likes of Tin Pei Ling in parliament? you gave her chance to be an MP ah?! :doh: :doh: or did she fight tooth and nail in a one-on-one battle with an opposition candidate?

minority
28-01-13, 13:26
the playing field is not level. i doubt you interacted with aspiring medical students or lawyers who were denied an interview with the selection panel in NUS - why? only some positions are opened to general public, while a good number reserved for those with connections

Since when everything will be level playing field? go buy property also not level playing field.

Can get in VIP. But there is VVIP and then there is VVVIP 1st bite.

Tats life. just have to fight harder then.

even in socialism is not level playing field. so why are we expecting everything is level playing field?

Regulators
28-01-13, 13:27
the opposition has got to where they are today based on their achievement, not through family relations. I think you should give them credit where they deserve

minority
28-01-13, 13:28
the opposition has got to where they are today based on their achievement, not through family relations. I think you should give them credit where they deserve

Well sell me a better idea then check n insurance. thats last thing I need to hear. Show me policies.

u also have to give the folks who dad set a expectation . its not easy to live in ur dads shadow.

Regulators
28-01-13, 13:29
any tom dick or harry can be vip n vvip in new launches, do you not know how property agencies operate?
Sine when everything will be level playing field? go buy property also not level playing field.

Can get in VIP there is VVIP and then there is VVVIP 1st bite.

even in socialism is not level playing field. so why are we expecting everything is level playing field?

minority
28-01-13, 13:30
any tom dick or harry can be vip n vvip in new launches, do you not know how property agencies operate?

thats why I say VVVIP. the developers closest friends and business associates.

august
28-01-13, 13:35
Since when everything will be level playing field? go buy property also not level playing field.

ya, no level playing field, and yet pap still lost in the by-election lol.
tats life. pap just have to fight harder then.

Regulators
28-01-13, 13:37
support the opposition till they have sufficient numbers in parliament to veto motions then they will talk about championing policies. think you are smart enough to know why they don't do that at this stage, or are you pretending not to know? would pap adopt wp's policies even if they were to sweat at coming out with them? the ruling party would probably just say we already thought about that n it is in the pipeline. wp is better off just checking on govt policies with their current minority in parliament. if you want them to do more, you simply have to give them more power. if you ask me why things has to be this way, I can only tell you this is politics.

I don't think you heard clearly what LTK said about WP's role in parliament now, I suggest you go read it again.
Well sell me a better idea then check n investment. thats last thing I need to hear. Show me policies.

u also have to give the folks who dad set a expectation . its not easy to live in ur dads shadow.

eng81157
28-01-13, 13:41

hello, didn't i quote about the medical and law school selection?! :doh: :doh:
there are dozens of straight As students who didn't even get an interview. Fight harder?! how hard??!

and you are slapping yourself and argument. didn't you vouch for 'everyone fight for himself'? the government's role should be to level the playing field

eng81157
28-01-13, 13:44
Well sell me a better idea then check n insurance. thats last thing I need to hear. Show me policies.

eh moron, good read up on WP's manifesto :doh: :doh:
how to legislate a policy when a party has less than 10% of votes in parliament?! DOH :banghead: :banghead:

minority
28-01-13, 13:44
support the opposition till they have sufficient numbers in parliament to veto motions then they will talk about championing policies. think you are smart enough to know why they don't do that at this stage, or are you pretending not to know? would pap adopt wp's policies even if they were to sweat at coming out with them? the ruling party would probably just say we already thought about that n it is in the pipeline. wp is better off just checking on govt policies with their current minority in parliament. if you want them to do more, you simply have to give them more power. if you ask me why things has to be this way, I can only tell you this is politics.

I don't think you heard clearly what LTK said about WP's role in parliament now, I suggest you go read it again.

why must I wait.? I dont need policy to be passed. Show me what policy plans then? you mean I must invest in something I donno until later down the road. What if its a dud? who's impact is that?

minority
28-01-13, 13:45
eh moron, good read up on WP's manifesto :doh: :doh:
how to legislate a policy when a party has less than 10% of votes in parliament?! DOH :banghead: :banghead:

The manifesto is a joke.

Regulators
28-01-13, 13:47
the most ridiculous part is we are screaming about shortage of doctors and they did not open up more places in medical school. worse still, they are getting dr koh into dirty politics when they should be encouraging him to ply his trade for the good of the medical industry
hello, didn't i quote about the medical and law school selection?! :doh: :doh:
there are dozens of straight As students who didn't even get an interview. Fight harder?! how hard??!

and you are slapping yourself and argument. didn't you vouch for 'everyone fight for himself'? the government's role should be to level the playing field

Regulators
28-01-13, 13:49
just like how temasek holdings n gic invest n lost our money? lol
why must I wait.? I dont need policy to be passed. Show me what policy plans then? you mean I must invest in something I donno until later down the road. What if its a dud? who's impact is that?

eng81157
28-01-13, 13:52
the most ridiculous part is we are screaming about shortage of doctors and they did not open up more places in medical school. worse still, they are getting dr koh into dirty politics when they should be encouraging him to ply his trade for the good of the medical industry

it was lim hng kiang's booboo - pandering to the whims of the elite and keep the club cosy for the privileged few.

look at the impact 15 years down the road - escalating healthcare costs, shortage of local doctors, importing non-native physicians that can't speak in english or local mother tongue

eng81157
28-01-13, 13:54
The manifesto is a joke.

and PAP's policies are the written truth and holier than Bible?! :doh: :doh:
you are THE joke :banghead: :banghead:

Regulators
28-01-13, 14:06
I don't think alleviating healthcare cost is their number one priority. medical bills are getting higher by the day, I just pity those on long term medical treatment. government allows doctors to ply between public n private practice n they deliberately put you at the back of the queue of you do not opt for private patient treatment. I had that experience when the doctor told me blatantly that if I opted for private, I could have the op the next day, If I opted for subsidised, the queue is up to three months later. is this the minister of health's idea of providing world class healthcare?
it was lim hng kiang's booboo - pandering to the whims of the elite and keep the club cosy for the privileged few.

look at the impact 15 years down the road - escalating healthcare costs, shortage of local doctors, importing non-native physicians that can't speak in english or local mother tongue

minority
28-01-13, 14:07
I don't think alleviating healthcare cost is their number one priority. medical bills are getting higher by the day, I just pity those on long term medical treatment. government allows doctors to ply between public n private practice n they deliberately put you at the back of the queue of you do not opt for private patient treatment. I had that experience when the doctor told me blatantly that if I opted for private, I could have the op the next day, If I opted for subsidised, the queue is up to three months later. is this the minister of health's idea?

We should tax the doctors.. slap rich tax on them. cap their salary to 10% above the common man then.

opps.. doctors are mobile hor.... but then its ok we have many junior surgeon we can depend on. dont mind a few fatalities. thats part of the learning cycle.

Regulators
28-01-13, 14:12
who said about imposing high taxes on doctors, I think you are going off the tangent. :doh:
We should tax the doctors.. slap rich tax on them. cap their salary to 10% above the common man then.

opps.. doctors are mobile hor.... but then its ok we have many junior surgeon we can depend on. dont mind a few fatalities. thats part of the learning cycle.

minority
28-01-13, 14:19
who said about imposing high taxes on doctors, I think you are going off the tangent. :doh:

Doctors are charging too much. Queue too long. we need more docs and we need them cheap. So bring these elites down mah. aren't they elite?

Regulators
28-01-13, 14:28
leaders n policy makers are elitists, did I say doctors are elitist? I think you can join the hallucination club :doh:
Doctors are charging too much. Queue too long. we need more docs and we need them cheap. So bring these elites down mah. aren't they elite?

Leeds
28-01-13, 14:39
leaders n policy makers are elitists, did I say doctors are elitist? I think you can join the hallucination club :doh:

You hit the nail!

Capitalism has destroyed our belief in any effective power but that of self interest backed by force. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgebern117938.html)

George Bernard Shaw (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgebern117938.html)

howgozit
28-01-13, 15:53
So... by your definition, do you mean to say if the WP ever take over the government they instantly become "elites" over night?

howgozit
28-01-13, 15:57
Your sarcasm a bit over the top leh...

Haha... I don't think you are doing the PAP any favours. Instead you are antogonising the pro-opposition people and reinforcing their beliefs

minority
28-01-13, 16:04
Your sarcasm a bit over the top leh...

Haha... I don't think you are doing the PAP any favours. Instead you are antogonising the pro-opposition people and reinforcing their beliefs

So wat I dont care. I just cant stand all the WP is so great so pure BS.

howgozit
28-01-13, 16:16

Ouch......

Regulators
28-01-13, 16:20
Did i say all?

So... by your definition, do you mean to say if the WP ever take over the government they instantly become "elites" over night?

Regulators
28-01-13, 16:23
that is your personal agenda against them, not that it is representative of what singapore really wants.

howgozit
28-01-13, 16:42
Did i say all?

leaders n policy makers are elitists, did I say doctors are elitist? I think you can join the hallucination club

Sounds like you did leh..... like a sweeping statement.

If you didn't mean all, I wonder how many you meant...

Nowadays... its very funny, nobody wants to be an "elite" liao... like its a crime. Better to be a proletariat. This reminds me of China from the 60s-70s.

Regulators
28-01-13, 16:48
You may want to check with those elitists who came up with policies on medical school admissions and public/private patient status in hospitals. How many elitists there are in their group, they can tell you :D

If you didn't mean all, I wonder how many you meant...

howgozit
28-01-13, 17:09
You may want to check with those elitists who came up with policies on medical school admissions and public/private patient status in hospitals. How many elitists there are in their group, they can tell you :D

I think there are elites in every field and profession. Not all doctors are elites... though many of them are much smarter than the average person.

There are as many elites in the medical profession as there are in the used car or insurance profession. The same can be said about politicians and civil servants. Even a socialist government with a supposed proletariat ruling party have elites among them.

You see, the term "elite" has been bastardised in the Singapore context to have a negative connotation.

minority
28-01-13, 17:31
I think there are elites in every field and profession. Not all doctors are elites... though many of them are much smarter than the average person.

There are as many elites in the medical profession as there are in the used car or insurance profession. The same can be said about politicians and civil servants. Even a socialist government with a supposed proletariat ruling party have elites among them.

You see, the term "elite" has been bastardised in the Singapore context to have a negative connotation.

everyone needs a punching bag. why not just blame people? Elite is good coz they are rich and rich is now sin mah..

This makes people feels good. not necessary productive. but it feels good.

minority
28-01-13, 17:33
that is your personal agenda against them, not that it is representative of what singapore really wants.

when did i every say i represent whole Singapore? There are people who do not agree with WP. but I never say i represent anyone. u said it.

eng81157
29-01-13, 07:30

the term was popularized by an MP's daughter :

"GET OUT OF MY ELITE UNCARING FACE"

there's nothing sinful about being rich. there's something bloody wrong with the rich being in power and losing touch with commoners.

Regulators
29-01-13, 14:41
Think WP should organise a tour for their residents to the residences of the ministers and MPs just to give them an idea of how the elites live. First stop Namly then 7 Astrid Hill. :D

there's nothing sinful about being rich. there's something bloody wrong with the rich being in power and losing touch with commoners.

minority
29-01-13, 15:07

does a derange teenager represent everyone? u are generalizing. So are we saying when we read of crimes and becoz of the background of the person who committed the crime we assume everyone with that background are the same?

wat a lame excuse. open ur mind. its so narrow.

eng81157
29-01-13, 15:11
does a derange teenager represent everyone? u are generalizing. So are we saying when we read of crimes and becoz of the background of the person who committed the crime we assume everyone with that background are the same?

wah piang! did i say she represents 'everyone'? it just goes to show what happens if one lives in the stratosphere for too long, of which i am sure you are by the manner you process logic.

one thing i am sure, you are not and can never be a lawyer. it is a chore to even pick apart your rantings.

Regulators
29-01-13, 15:12
The losses by PAP in the GE and BE shows that they have lost touch with the ground. They have all that grassroot lackeys helping them on the ground and yet they garner a paltry 43% of the votes in punggol, what does this show to you? If this is not losing touch with the commoners, then what is it?

Regulators
29-01-13, 15:17
pappy supporters too used to being autopiloted and have lost their basic senses of what is happening around and on the ground .

wah piang! did i say she represents 'everyone'? it just goes to show what happens if one lives in the stratosphere for too long, of which i am sure you are by the manner you process logic.

one thing i am sure, you are not and can never be a lawyer. it is a chore to even pick apart your rantings.

amk
29-01-13, 15:20
just like how temasek holdings n gic invest n lost our money? lol

look you do not have enough information to make such statement.
both organizations are ran by professional managers, who are no different from any other big fund managers. I say this because I have dealings with them over the years, not because reading from internet.
investments, as in all investments, can be profitable and unprofitable. there is no need to sensationalize this especially you do not have the information.

Regulators
29-01-13, 15:27
There is no win win proposition in investments, i agree, but that is on a personal level. when you deal with public funds, it is a different matter. heads do not roll in these two organisations when investments dont go the right way, something that the public cannot accept. The elites running these organisations can appoint anyone to the board and these people can come and go as they like as with HC.

both organizations are ran by professional managers, who are no different from any other big fund managers. I say this because I have dealings with them over the years, not because reading from internet.
investments, as in all investments, can be profitable and unprofitable. there is no need to sensationalize this especially you do not have the information.

amk
29-01-13, 15:28
Nowadays... its very funny, nobody wants to be an "elite" liao... like its a crime. Better to be a proletariat. This reminds me of China from the 60s-70s.

same feeling here. ;)

What was LTK doing before he got into politics ? a contractor right ? Lee Li Lian was an insurance agent trainer was it ? proletarian enough ? :D

amk
29-01-13, 15:33
...heads do not roll in these two organisations when investments dont go the right way...

how do you know ? :cool:

unless u meant, one loss means CEO must go down ?

never mind, I defended these 2 entities in the last GE thread long time ago already. not going to repeat and repeat. In Internet it is almost becoming a "legend" that temasek/GIC lost ***llions of SG's money, me one voice is not going to change a thing. You believe what you want to believe.

stl67
29-01-13, 15:43

never mind, I defended these 2 entities in the last GE thread long time ago already. not going to repeat and repeat. In Internet it is almost becoming a "legend" that temasek/GIC lost ***llions of SG's money, me one voice is not going to change a thing. You believe what you want to believe.

when they made money, it is part of the jobs, when they make a wrong call, people cannot stop harping...

Singaporeans should learn to be graceful and give credit when it is due...

eng81157
29-01-13, 15:47
so thanks to years of failed transportation policies

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-cars-buy-overseas-cost-160000476.html

maserati, anyone?

stl67
29-01-13, 15:55
so thanks to years of failed transportation policies

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-cars-buy-overseas-cost-160000476.html

maserati, anyone?

actually not fair to compare this way.. in such country, normally their land is big.

i am also complaining the high COE. :D :D but even with COE, the roads are so congested. can you imagine when cars are cheap and everyone drives?:scared-4:

i saw Jarkarta traffic from early 90s till now. the jam is a nightmare. everytime when I see it, I think better to have some kine of system to control the traffic here..

eng81157
29-01-13, 15:58
actually not fair to compare this way.. in such country, normally their land is big.

i am also complaining the high COE. :D :D but even with COE, the roads are so congested. can you imagine when cars are cheap and everyone drives?:scared-4:

i saw Jarkarta traffic from early 90s till now. the jam is a nightmare. everytime when I see it, I think better to have some kine of system to control the traffic here..

have a quota for cars, but is it necessary to monetize it? i've long argued for a point-based system, instead of using monies but that's another topic of discussion entirely.

minority
29-01-13, 16:18

they see what they want to see. give them gold they will also say its shit. so no pt explaining.

howgozit
29-01-13, 17:08
Think WP should organise a tour for their residents to the residences of the ministers and MPs just to give them an idea of how the elites live. First stop Namly then 7 Astrid Hill. :D

Hahaha... What a hare brained idea

I think you may be an opposition supporter for the sake of opposing the government but please don't drag WP's good name with this silliness.

The people at WP are far more honourable, they try to win over people's hearts and minds through reasoning and logic not sow hate and jealousy.

You can try knocking on the doors of SDP though, they may be interested in your idea.

august
29-01-13, 18:48

how to defend something that is opaque and unaccountable... defend on what basis? blind faith? :o

Shanhz
29-01-13, 21:05

even if cars are cheap, the congestion level is the same. becoz quote is fixed. it has been long discussed. things like bidder pay based on bidded price, owner bid for COE themselves, no dealers involved, maybe COE cannot get financing, or 70% financing max 7 years loan, alll these are ideas that can be implemented to have a slightly more reasonable COE price. i am not saying it's the best solution, but at least some moderation. esp the part abt dealer's bidding.

why govt dun think further on this? simple. loss of revenue.

teddybear
29-01-13, 21:11
I thought you are from acs barker?

looks not everyone from acs baker is elite:D

pappy supporters too used to being autopiloted and have lost their basic senses of what is happening around and on the ground .

Regulators
29-01-13, 23:06
There is nothing silly about letting people know where their leaders live. I go on tours to other countries and the tour guide frequently point out where certain ministers or royalty live, so what is so silly about that? If anyone is to organise such a tour, i think everyone would be interested to hop on it. This tour would not just be educational, it would also be an eye opener for many heartlanders :D

Hahaha... What a hare brained idea

I think you may be an opposition supporter for the sake of opposing the government but please don't drag WP's good name with this silliness.

The people at WP are far more honourable, they try to win over people's hearts and minds through reasoning and logic not sow hate and jealousy.

You can try knocking on the doors of SDP though, they may be interested in your idea.

Regulators
29-01-13, 23:11
what gives u the impression that acs barker is elite? ACS is just a dumping ground for rich kids who are mostly not academically brilliant but are dying for a brand. sorry i wasnt from barker.

I thought you are from acs barker?

looks not everyone from acs baker is elite:D

proud owner
29-01-13, 23:27

can u give us more info ...

why they say its a LONG TERM investment, long term view when they pumped money into Bank america .... and sold off the share so quickly ? only to see it recovered as soon as they sold it ??

what in their definition is LONG TERM VIEW ?

proud owner
29-01-13, 23:33
have a quota for cars, but is it necessary to monetize it? i've long argued for a point-based system, instead of using monies but that's another topic of discussion entirely.

totally agree

just like in the other thread...

CM7 to curb runaway prices...

they could have just raised the LTV why ABSD ..?? they extra money from these ABSD goes to who ?

also ...COE to curb car population ...
did it work ?

didnt right ?

so?

scrap it .... come up with a new solution

and not ADD on .... solution on solution ...thats PAP's favorite ..

COE + ERP + ERP + more ERP

problem still persists ... our country's reserve just keeps going up ...

minority
29-01-13, 23:41
totally agree

they could have just raised the LTV why ABSD ..?? they extra money from these ABSD goes to who ?

did it work ?

didnt right ?

so?

so wat is ur brilliant idea then?

minority
29-01-13, 23:41
totally agree

did it work ?

didnt right ?

so?

hyenergix
29-01-13, 23:43
can u give us more info ...

why they say its a LONG TERM investment, long term view when they pumped money into Bank america .... and sold off the share so quickly ? only to see it recovered as soon as they sold it ??

what in their definition is LONG TERM VIEW ?

Agree. The org r dealing w national money, not investors money. Lack of 20/20 foresight given e amt of pay n responsibility.

proud owner
29-01-13, 23:52

like i said before

i am not being aid a million dollar a year

you take the money you fix it with a brilliant plan

not solution on solution

try that in the corporate world and see what happen to you

LKY says WE RUN THIS COUNTRY LIKE AN ENTERPRISE

so act like one

minority
29-01-13, 23:54
like i said before

i am not being aid a million dollar a year

you take the money you fix it with a brilliant plan

not solution on solution

try that in the corporate world and see what happen to you

LKY says WE RUN THIS COUNTRY LIKE AN ENTERPRISE

so act like one

well I guess talk are so cheap these days.. 5cents a ton. just like garbage.

proud owner
29-01-13, 23:59

so you agree that one should pay a brainy high salary who cant fix a problem ?

some garbage cost 1 mio a year .... and people believe in it ...

eng81157
30-01-13, 07:18
what gives u the impression that acs barker is elite? ACS is just a dumping ground for rich kids who are mostly not academically brilliant but are dying for a brand. sorry i wasnt from barker.

the parents are elite enough to build a freaking school from scratch to be a dumping ground for their academically challenged kids

beat that :eek:

eng81157
30-01-13, 07:21

to the logically challenged, purporter of the far-right and inavid user of gray matter,

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/contain-singapore%e2%80%99s-rich--institutionalise-dissent--donald-low-094743693.html

even this senior guy from LKY school recognizes the failure of Singapore's long touted system of meritocracy

p.s.: if you need translation to my subtle insults......

Shanhz
30-01-13, 07:38
There is nothing silly about letting people know where their leaders live. I go on tours to other countries and the tour guide frequently point out where certain ministers or royalty live, so what is so silly about that? If anyone is to organise such a tour, i think everyone would be interested to hop on it. This tour would not just be educational, it would also be an eye opener for many heartlanders :D

you sure it is not gg to be a disaster?

in sgp, it will indeed be an eye opener for most "normal" heartlanders who do not really think so much. for the first time, your hawker or vege seller who has not been on new media and has been constantly bombarded by propaganda via mainstream media "suddenly" realise that his house very small as compared to that GCB. they might not even know there are such big houses in sgp until you show them.

you tink it will be for the better or the worse?

stl67
30-01-13, 08:14
even if cars are cheap, the congestion level is the same. becoz quote is fixed. it has been long discussed. things like bidder pay based on bidded price, owner bid for COE themselves, no dealers involved, maybe COE cannot get financing, or 70% financing max 7 years loan, alll these are ideas that can be implemented to have a slightly more reasonable COE price. i am not saying it's the best solution, but at least some moderation. esp the part abt dealer's bidding.

why govt dun think further on this? simple. loss of revenue.

i am not too familiar with the dealer thingy... my brother ever bid the COE himself and he manage to get it.. when he tried to buy a car, the dealers quoted him extra + extra for some lame excuses.. finally he got a Tiguan as the manager work out some package for him... so i think we can still bid on our own but we will be at the some mercy of the dealers.

as for COE cannot get financing, i think it is good idea but the poorer group or the younger generation will cry foul as they will say such system will favour the rich.

yaozong7
30-01-13, 09:46

I suggest to increase the COE growth rate to 2%, but levy heavy ERP on key roads such as $20 per gantry.

More pple can get their cars for various reasons (sending kids to parents etc) but if you want to use it to get to work in CBD, you pay a price.

With 6.9m, the COE will cost $400k in 2030 based on vehicle growth rates!

leftfield
30-01-13, 09:48

My brilliant idea is to continue voting for the opposition until they come out with a brilliant plan.

Brilliant right? :D

Shanhz
30-01-13, 10:00
i am not too familiar with the dealer thingy... my brother ever bid the COE himself and he manage to get it.. when he tried to buy a car, the dealers quoted him extra + extra for some lame excuses.. finally he got a Tiguan as the manager work out some package for him... so i think we can still bid on our own but we will be at the some mercy of the dealers.

that's my point. dealers are making margin from the COE, so if u bid yourself, you have to cover them for THAT margin. so let the COE thing be 100% via owners. dealers forbidden to be involve.

100% cash for COE not possible, but limit the financing. same as the LTV lah.

Regulators
30-01-13, 15:48
actually since people in the new generation are more into new media, can just take pictures and post on the internet for everyone to know. I think since these leaders living off the country's money, everyone has a right to know where they live n how they live. you should really see some of their houses, your jaw will drop.
you sure it is not gg to be a disaster?

in sgp, it will indeed be an eye opener for most "normal" heartlanders who do not really think so much. for the first time, your hawker or vege seller who has not been on new media and has been constantly bombarded by propaganda via mainstream media "suddenly" realise that his house very small as compared to that GCB. they might not even know there are such big houses in sgp until you show them.

you tink it will be for the better or the worse?

eng81157
30-01-13, 15:53
actually since people in the new generation are more into new media, can just take pictures and post on the internet for everyone to know. I think since these leaders living off the country's money, everyone has a right to know where they live n how they live. you should really see some of their houses, your jaw will drop.

and that's probably the last you see of the person - slapped with counts of terrorism and off to lim kopi in ISD.

then parliament will likely approve a new bill to suppress such occurences

hopeful
30-01-13, 16:00

why not post their address? I am also interested to join the tour.

http://newnation.sg/2012/12/thank-you-google-maps-we-now-know-how-ex-mps-live/
at least we know how AIM directors live.

Regulators
30-01-13, 16:04
there are many ways to post things on the internet anonymously. nobody would do it from home or use own network.
and that's probably the last you see of the person - slapped with counts of terrorism and off to lim kopi in ISD.

eng81157
30-01-13, 16:08
there are many ways to post things on the internet anonymously. nobody would do it from home or use own network.

whoa!! a pro!!

hopeful
30-01-13, 16:09

got such a law? google maps would be the first to be sued.
or at the very least, streetview disabled.

eng81157
30-01-13, 16:12
got such a law? google maps would be the first to be sued.
or at the very least, streetview disabled.

of course not with google map. can only see buildings.
if you try walking up to their residences and take picture, you will be pounced on faster than i can spell I-S-D

hopeful
30-01-13, 16:17
of course not with google map. can only see buildings.
if you try walking up to their residences and take picture, you will be pounced on faster than i can spell I-S-D
hmmm, i wonder whether the guards are familiar with looxcie. gopro camera too obvious. looxcie now have hd version
www.looxcie (http://www.%3Cb%3Elooxcie%3C/b%3E).com/

i use that when i visit other people's factories and they dont allowed photography. look just like bluetooth set. of course need to mask the red led light.

minority
30-01-13, 21:00

so does it means we can also go take pictures of the principle in schools. police head , the opposition Low or CSM or even the banagalr clean ur floor must also open his privacy to everyone ? coz they all take government $ after all.?

minority
30-01-13, 22:11
My brilliant idea is to continue voting for the opposition until they come out with a brilliant plan.

Brilliant right? :D

yes very Brilliant welcome to the group of garbage babblers..

Regulators
31-01-13, 02:44
when the amount is obscene, public interest supercedes privacy :D

so does it means we can also go take pictures of the principle in schools. police head , the opposition Low or CSM or even the banagalr clean ur floor must also open his privacy to everyone ? coz they all take government $ after all.?

ysyap
31-01-13, 05:33
So after this freak result, what will Tharman say on 25 Feb? Hmmm...

Shanhz
31-01-13, 07:31

i think posting pictures of ministers house is not against the law lah. anyway when i was younger, i used to take a walk in bkt timah area for fun. so i know where the BIG BIG houses are. and yes, quite a couple have gurkha in front. you know why.

minority
31-01-13, 09:06
when the amount is obscene, public interest supercedes privacy :D

So I guess everyone one the island are fair game. coz some way or rather we are paid by the stated or lived on the state.

for example we take baby bonus, all the males serve NS they are living on the state then. So the NS boy get caught uping ur daughter. pictures all come out. Fair game?

Then all males go reservist. so that 1 mths is fair game too? coz living on the state too.

then also means all civil servant are fair game. and all people who deal with government organization and earn $ from government projects are also fair game.

So essentially everyone one of us on this island is fair game. how interesting.. I am waiting to see more nude and sex photos.. how interesting..

minority
31-01-13, 09:07
i think posting pictures of ministers house is not against the law lah. anyway when i was younger, i used to take a walk in bkt timah area for fun. so i know where the BIG BIG houses are. and yes, quite a couple have gurkha in front. you know why.

coz jagar then was cheap? heh heh

eng81157
31-01-13, 09:59

never said it's against the law. lim-kopi with ISD also not against the law too :scared-3: :scared-3:

amk
31-01-13, 15:17
did it work ?
actually it worked what. now ppl cannot afford to buy car, so car population stops growing. To me this is the most effective way to "curb car population". it works.
what ppl are unhappy about is something else. yes it's all $$$$.

If gov calls for a tender of 10mil to "solve car problem" and make everybody happy, you think a solution can be found ? 10mil is 10ys pay for a transport minister I suppose.

look I find the argument "you get pay millions, you better have brilliant ideas, I dun care how you do it" is just complaining.

Now honestly I hope ppl in WP can indeed propose SOMETHING concrete. COE problem, baby problem, SME problem, etc. If there is nothing, we will have to make do with PAP.

minority
31-01-13, 15:44
actually it worked what. now ppl cannot afford to buy car, so car population stops growing. To me this is the most effective way to "curb car population". it works.
what ppl are unhappy about is something else. yes it's all $$$$.

If gov calls for a tender of 10mil to "solve car problem" and make everybody happy, you think a solution can be found ? 10mil is 10ys pay for a transport minister I suppose.

look I find the argument "you get pay millions, you better have brilliant ideas, I dun care how you do it" is just complaining.

Now honestly I hope ppl in WP can indeed propose SOMETHING concrete. COE problem, baby problem, SME problem, etc. If there is nothing, we will have to make do with PAP.

So far all WP can offer is I check.. and help sound the complains. So dont expect anything productive for now. unless they can come up with a better proposition. I think they also fear. Coz u need balls to be standing in the spot light making decisions. its easier to just critique.