PDA

View Full Version : Freak election result, Shaken confidence

Pages : 1 [2]

august
31-01-13, 16:59
So far all WP can offer is I check.. and help sound the complains. So dont expect anything productive for now. unless they can come up with a better proposition. I think they also fear. Coz u need balls to be standing in the spot light making decisions. its easier to just critique.

So? anyway PAP lost ponggol east. Great news. :o

Regulators
31-01-13, 17:13
so far we are fortunate things are going smoothly, so next time if the government policy affects your livelihood, you or your family, I suggest you wave your tiny fist and shout your protests outside parliament n wait to get arrested since you don't need representative in parliament to check on government for you. opposition work using their brains, not balls. :doh:
So far all WP can offer is I check.. and help sound the complains. So dont expect anything productive for now. unless they can come up with a better proposition. I think they also fear. Coz u need balls to be standing in the spot light making decisions. its easier to just critique.

leftfield
31-01-13, 17:14
yes very Brilliant welcome to the group of garbage babblers..

Tsk tsk. Take a chill pill. You seem quite bet on antagonizing people here who disagree with you. :beats-me-man:

teddybear
27-02-13, 06:31

PAP got whole bunch of civil servants at their disposal n also all the resource/data for their analysis and critique. Some more, earning million dollars wor. Expectation of them must be high. At least, I expect them to do a much better job than any politician in this world as they got highest pay job in the world.:)

They already have advantages of legacy and don't understand why they let the whole situation go down slippery slope.

I must say this batch of WPs do a very good job la with only $15 per month allowance! Considering that they have no resources n limited access to data like us. They talk with sense and not anyhow talk.

leesg123
27-02-13, 09:58
PAP got whole bunch of civil servants at their disposal n also all the resource/data for their analysis and critique. Some more, earning million dollars wor. Expectation of them must be high. At least, I expect them to do a much better job than any politician in this world as they got highest pay job in the world.:)

They already have advantages of legacy and don't understand why they let the whole situation go down slippery slope.

I must say this batch of WPs do a very good job la with only $15 per month allowance! Considering that they have no resources n limited access to data like us. They talk with sense and not anyhow talk.$15000 per month, to attend meeting, talk talk, stir stir, slap slap. any tom dick harry also want and also can do. no need even study hard or go uni also can do such job.

minority
27-02-13, 10:05
Why the result is freak?? Young voters are more informed online, look at what dr Koh said:

Everyone has a car, my wife and I each own one

Sounds like one mil is one peanut

No wonder wp wins by a peanut

Online? online have so much miss information. I agree now have more information. Also a lot of garbage n information to mislead .

minority
27-02-13, 10:10

I must say this batch of WPs do a very good job la with only $15 per month allowance! Considering that they have no resources n limited access to data like us. They talk with sense and not anyhow talk.

Talk sense. ? THEY JUST OPPOSE EVERYTHING. Thats sense? Hah. Its a wierd sense.

leesg123
27-02-13, 10:15
Talk sense. ? THEY JUST OPPOSE EVERYTHING. Thats sense? Hah. Its a wierd sense.You know, i often here opp supporters kpkb about gov and the civil servants, high pay inefficient etc. Then, the IRONY is that they say if opp take over, sg wont collapse cos all ministries are still functioning well. So now they appreciate the ministries...
they thought that the ministries appear out of thin air and serves the current gov lah, no need prior leadership or training lah. anything and everything they argue they always wanna win one lah.

every single thing also can be politicalise. like the two poor boy knocked down, also can link to LTA, FT, PAP. WTF is that?!

minority
27-02-13, 10:23
You know, i often here opp supporters kpkb about gov and the civil servants, high pay inefficient etc. Then, the IRONY is that they say if opp take over, sg wont collapse cos all ministries are still functioning well. So now they appreciate the ministries...
they thought that the ministries appear out of thin air and serves the current gov lah, no need prior leadership or training lah. anything and everything they argue they always wanna win one lah.

every single thing also can be politicalise. like the two poor boy knocked down, also can link to LTA, FT, PAP. WTF is that?!
everyone also can complain n critic. I find it disgusting people use the sad incident to take jab at the party. Is really low.

eng81157
27-02-13, 10:27
You know, i often here opp supporters kpkb about gov and the civil servants, high pay inefficient etc. Then, the IRONY is that they say if opp take over, sg wont collapse cos all ministries are still functioning well. So now they appreciate the ministries...

don't lump everything into hotpot, there are so many different issues here

1. pay vs performance; penalty vs non-performance
2. separation of civil service from political affliation
3. continual vs disruptive change
4. inevitabilityof situations being perceived and interpreted through shades of different color
5. overspilling of disentment

indomie
27-02-13, 11:17
Let's not go into Italy's path, where popular voice beat the hell out of fiscal prudence. We have a good things going in sg. Remember all sg has is human resources. Any attempt to increase the number or improve the quality should not be just brushed aside. Sooner or later u have to deal with it. Better deal with it now. The sooner sg take in new migrants, the sooner they will be rooted assimilated. U want them to come is smaller waves rather than one big wave. It would be a shame if we have a big aspiration, but no one to do it.

eng81157
27-02-13, 12:45
Let's not go into Italy's path, where popular voice beat the hell out of fiscal prudence. We have a good things going in sg. Remember all sg has is human resources. Any attempt to increase the number or improve the quality should not be just brushed aside. Sooner or later u have to deal with it. Better deal with it now. The sooner sg take in new migrants, the sooner they will be rooted assimilated. U want them to come is smaller waves rather than one big wave. It would be a shame if we have a big aspiration, but no one to do it.

i don't think there would be problems and that much resentment on the ground, if they adapt and blend into the local society. incidences like "curry"-thy-neighbour or "locals are dogs", only goes to show there is much left to be desired.

Shanhz
27-02-13, 12:49

no lah, most pple appreciate the PAP of the past, becoz those pple work from nothing to something. THEY build up the ministries. the current batch all come in with promise of high pay. take away the high pay, see how many doctors still say in PAP.

indomie
27-02-13, 13:07
i don't think there would be problems and that much resentment on the ground, if they adapt and blend into the local society. incidences like "curry"-thy-neighbour or "locals are dogs", only goes to show there is much left to be desired.
Newly arrived migrants to sg must have felt they are off from the frying pan and fell into the fire. They must have felt the high pressure and competitiveness that they never felt back in their home land from day one. Give them time to adjust. Some will never adjust and they will leave on their own accord.

eng81157
27-02-13, 13:16
Newly arrived migrants to sg must have felt they are off from the frying pan and fell into the fire. They must have felt the high pressure and competitiveness that they never felt back in their home land from day one. Give them time to adjust. Some will never adjust and they will leave on their own accord.

sorry but why is migrating to SG worse off for them? if it's so, why bother to come here?

coming back to the discussion, i believe more effort should be done to integrate these new immigrants, or rather they should put more effort to blend in. just take a stroll along the corridors of NUS and interview the horde of foreign post-grad students, almost all treat SG as a stepping stone (and i'm speaking on anecdotal evidence).

i've also used JP as an example before, but the question to ask - does SG have that 'strong' a cultural/social identity as compared to JP?

indomie
27-02-13, 13:35
sorry but why is migrating to SG worse off for them? if it's so, why bother to come here?

coming back to the discussion, i believe more effort should be done to integrate these new immigrants, or rather they should put more effort to blend in. just take a stroll along the corridors of NUS and interview the horde of foreign post-grad students, almost all treat SG as a stepping stone (and i'm speaking on anecdotal evidence).

i've also used JP as an example before, but the question to ask - does SG have that 'strong' a cultural/social identity as compared to JP?
I believe those who decide to migrate to sg are not too much worse off. They are not refuge. Let the good one stay and the bad one move on. Don't make the good one move away too, because we treat them all like the bad.

eng81157
27-02-13, 13:43
I believe those who decide to migrate to sg are not too much worse off. They are not refuge. Let the good one stay and the bad one move on. Don't make the good one move away too, because we treat them all like the bad.

like i said, incidences like 'curry-gate' show that the bad ones are here to stay

i don't think the society is xenophobic at large. when you have unknown elements in the environment, its natural to expect sentiments of fear or reservations from the local populace, but we don't treat migrants as social outcasts.

indomie
27-02-13, 13:55
like i said, incidences like 'curry-gate' show that the bad ones are here to stay

i don't think the society is xenophobic at large. when you have unknown elements in the environment, its natural to expect sentiments of fear or reservations from the local populace, but we don't treat migrants as social outcasts.
Sg must change. The school system that put too much emphasis on academic result must change. Students must be allowed to work part time instead of tons of homework. Sg need a flexible workforce, not elistist schoolars who are jobless. Only then labour crunch can be solve. Then u will need less migrant.

Shanhz
27-02-13, 14:28
almost all treat SG as a stepping stone (and i'm speaking on anecdotal evidence).

absolutely true. most migrants i meet have this view. only we poor sinkies can go nowhere.

minority
27-02-13, 16:54

XENOPHOBIC

minority
27-02-13, 16:56
absolutely true. most migrants i meet have this view. only we poor sinkies can go nowhere.

We milk then for the transit service too what.

teddybear
27-02-13, 19:36
$15000 per month, to attend meeting, talk talk, stir stir, slap slap. any tom dick harry also want and also can do. no need even study hard or go uni also can do such job.

Alamak! don't wear tinted glass to see them la. They do work wor and almost all are full-time MPs and they go to weekly meet the people session! . PAP MPs can achieve this or not?

teddybear
27-02-13, 20:21
We milk then for the transit service too what.

You sure we milk them? I thought we are the one get milked!:scared-3:

We gave them scholarship from Secondary to JC and then to Uni for undergrad and some went for post-grad and we also paid. They used our tax payers' money to maintain their life here. After that, some found a way to work in foreign lands.

minority
28-02-13, 00:24
You sure we milk them? I thought we are the one get milked!:scared-3:

We gave them scholarship from Secondary to JC and then to Uni for undergrad and some went for post-grad and we also paid. They used our tax payers' money to maintain their life here. After that, some found a way to work in foreign lands.

Well the $ is still in the Singapore system . The $ went to pay Singapore School fees, Food here, rental to the Singapore landlords and the other stuff they expense in Singapore.

When they finished the schooling they work in Singapore filling the gaps for the workforces, paid taxes and continue to consume in Singapore. Well some leave after the work period is over some will stay on and some become citizens.

so to me I dont see a lost. coz the $ went into the Singapore system benefiting various parties as well as Singaporean working in those segments.

eng81157
28-02-13, 07:23
XENOPHOBIC

nicompoop-typed answer

"Ignorance and stupidity are best cousins, and they often descend from the same ancestry" - Sir A.W.

eng81157
28-02-13, 07:26
Well the $ is still in the Singapore system . The $ went to pay Singapore School fees, Food here, rental to the Singapore landlords and the other stuff they expense in Singapore.

When they finished the schooling they work in Singapore filling the gaps for the workforces, paid taxes and continue to consume in Singapore. Well some leave after the work period is over some will stay on and some become citizens.

so to me I dont see a lost. coz the $ went into the Singapore system benefiting various parties as well as Singaporean working in those segments.

and the $ couldn't have gone to befitting Singaporean students?!! please, a good portion of these so-called Asean scholars are merely on par with the rest of the SG students in the top JCs.

looking at your logical and spelling ability, i doubt you have ever witness this on school grounds

minority
28-02-13, 09:19
nicompoop-typed answer

"Ignorance and stupidity are best cousins, and they often descend from the same ancestry" - Sir A.W.

Hah hah all u can is Spellcheck and Wikipedia? What a XENOPHOBIC Wood head.

minority
28-02-13, 09:21
and the $ couldn't have gone to befitting Singaporean students?!! please, a good portion of these so-called Asean scholars are merely on par with the rest of the SG students in the top JCs.

looking at your logical and spelling ability, i doubt you have ever witness this on school grounds

Why everything must benefit Singaporean in cash terms directly? These are indirect benefits.

Already there are direct benefits. its base on MERIT. get that through ur thick skull.

becoz u Ang Teng Kee dont make u special.

eng81157
28-02-13, 09:26
Why everything must benefit Singaporean in cash terms directly? These are indirect benefits.

Already there are direct benefits. its base on MERIT. get that through ur thick skull.

becoz u Ang Teng Kee dont make u special.

you are a proponent of meritocracy. so now i'm stating, as facts, that students in the top tier JCs are equal to these so-called asean scholars, if not better.

so based on the concept of meritocracy, shouldn't local students get the monies instead?

by the way, in case you didn't recognize but you were just slapped in the face with your own arguments

"Stupidity prowls along the dark corridors of intellect, whispering to the ignorant who recognizes her call" - Sir A.W.

august
28-02-13, 10:45
xenophobia is now used to label those who are critical of PAP's White Paper. A very typical PAP trick.

minority
28-02-13, 14:07
you are a proponent of meritocracy. so now i'm stating, as facts, that students in the top tier JCs are equal to these so-called asean scholars, if not better.

so based on the concept of meritocracy, shouldn't local students get the monies instead?

by the way, in case you didn't recognize but you were just slapped in the face with your own arguments

"Stupidity prowls along the dark corridors of intellect, whispering to the ignorant who recognizes her call" - Sir A.W.

so u are saying there are no scholarship given to JC , poly or ITE students? :doh: :doh: :doh:

what a numb skull.

minority
28-02-13, 14:08
xenophobia is now used to label those who are critical of PAP's White Paper. A very typical PAP trick.

really? So many fear foreigner... is that not XENOPHOBIA?

eng81157
28-02-13, 14:58
really? So many fear foreigner... is that not XENOPHOBIA?

tell me which country in the world welcomes foreigners to permeate and invade their land without bounds? :doh: :doh:

there is always an innate fear, in us, about the unknown or alien, but that doesn't constitute to hatred.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

"fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign"

eng81157
28-02-13, 15:00
so u are saying there are no scholarship given to JC , poly or ITE students? :doh: :doh: :doh:

what a numb skull.

WAHAHAHAHA!!!!! have you seen scholarships being given to SG students when studying in JC??

thanks for slapping yourself in the face

note: Asean scholars take the JC route into unis, and please don't even talk about them entering ITE

bishan88
28-02-13, 21:03
WAHAHAHAHA!!!!! have you seen scholarships being given to SG students when studying in JC??

thanks for slapping yourself in the face

note: Asean scholars take the JC route into unis, and please don't even talk about them entering ITE

No point arguing with blockhead, just wait till the day pappy's policies turn against him, see whether he's still sucking their balls so much :D :D :D

minority
01-03-13, 10:08
yeah u all can keep whining. when the policies u want happen u whine again. coz the effect is not what u expect.

suck thumb.... :doh: :doh: :doh:

minority
01-03-13, 10:11
tell me which country in the world welcomes foreigners to permeate and invade their land without bounds? :doh: :doh:

there is always an innate fear, in us, about the unknown or alien, but that doesn't constitute to hatred.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

"fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign"

Invade? its call leverage on talent pool.

Try to hold a american idol here n u see how much talent u can get. Coz the pool is small. there are just so much people u can leverage on to propel the country forward. This is a globalized world want to move forward faster is to leverage on the world talents.

unfortunately idiot like u cannot understand coz ur are plain XENOPHOBIC and insecure of urself. Ur idiocy should not be dragging the country down. We didn't come so far for u to bring us back to 3rd world status.

Shanhz
01-03-13, 10:37

most (i think all) of my PRC friends in uni days have disappeared fr sgp after finishing their compulsory bonds.

hopeful
01-03-13, 11:40
Invade? its call leverage on talent pool.

Try to hold a american idol here n u see how much talent u can get. Coz the pool is small. there are just so much people u can leverage on to propel the country forward. This is a globalized world want to move forward faster is to leverage on the world talents.

unfortunately idiot like u cannot understand coz ur are plain XENOPHOBIC and insecure of urself. Ur idiocy should not be dragging the country down. We didn't come so far for u to bring us back to 3rd world status.

cannot say small size, small talent pool.
people will point out smaller countries than singapore have won more olympics medals.
also like eurovision contest, big population doesnt guarantee success.

minority
01-03-13, 11:54
most (i think all) of my PRC friends in uni days have disappeared fr sgp after finishing their compulsory bonds.

I have PRC colleges that stay here for 10yrs or more and converted to stay on with children that speak with some local accent. Spoke to his wife before and they are here to stay for good.

And he have skills sets that he bring to the company too. So I think its win win.

Shanhz
01-03-13, 11:55
I have PRC colleges that stay here for 10yrs or more and converted to stay on with children that speak with some local accent. Spoke to his wife before and they are here to stay for good.

And he have skills sets that he bring to the company too. So I think its win win.

i think (which will not happen) a statistics on the %tage that come and go will be able to satisfy (or maybe not) the naysayers.

extending my personal experience, 2 of my PRC staff - one has moved on to australia after 10 yrs here. the other one enrolled her son in USA university and waiting to jumpship.

granted, their kids do speak with mostly local accent.

by the way, my girl did better than the PRC in chinese spelling.

minority
01-03-13, 11:58
cannot say small size, small talent pool.
people will point out smaller countries than singapore have won more olympics medals.
also like eurovision contest, big population doesnt guarantee success.

True. but the chances of success ? We have to be open abt it. invest in local development but also be open with talent we can attract.

Also some of these also depends on demographic. i.e. opportunities. if there are not much opportunities and folks bank on Olympic as a lively hood then perhaps u see more access to these specific group of talent pool locally.

For singapore its very hard to get parents who want to commit their kids to a athletic career as the failure rate is very high plus life span is short.

Perhaps some say government should fund. But still the parents mind set have to get over too.

minority
01-03-13, 12:01
i think (which will not happen) a statistics on the %tage that come and go will be able to satisfy (or maybe not) the naysayers.

extending my personal experience, 2 of my PRC staff - one has moved on to australia after 10 yrs here. the other one enrolled her son in USA university and waiting to jumpship.

granted, their kids do speak with mostly local accent.

by the way, my girl did better than the PRC in chinese spelling.

I am not expecting to satisfy anyone. anyway the 10yrs they are here they generated business opportunities to the economy too. either via consumption or via tax payment and my company also grew .

so to me no lost.

Or do we rather throw the baby out with the bath water and brand all FT as trash? but I dont think my company will survive. And eventually move to other regional HQ. I will be impacted eventually too.

so to me its a eco system.. u cant have it all.

minority
01-03-13, 12:04
anyway this is a very globalized world. we need to have a globalized view not monodic and xenophobic abt it.

eng81157
20-03-13, 14:30
Woohoo! now we are using taxpayers' monies to pay for tuition meant "international scholars" at a local JC

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/03/20/jc-hiring-english-tutors-to-help-foreign-scholars-but-not-sg-students/

a joke, a big joke :banghead:

Shanhz
24-03-13, 16:43
Woohoo! now we are using taxpayers' monies to pay for tuition meant "international scholars" at a local JC

http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/03/20/jc-hiring-english-tutors-to-help-foreign-scholars-but-not-sg-students/

a joke, a big joke :banghead:

blame the 60%?

eng81157
25-03-13, 08:46
blame the 60%?

i don't think it is wise to apportion blame specifically to the populace. i'd rather say policies, that once served us good, are not tuned and tweaked to stay relevant or serve us better